I've a wired network at home like this:

Code:
Internet
|
ADSL Router
|
Dlink Switcher
|
I'm going to buy a new tablet (ASUS MeMO Pad Smart 10), which supports internet through wifi. I was wondering how can I share the internet access with the new device? What new devices should I buy and what changes are required to my network setup?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to share wired Internet access with WiFi device

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to share wired Internet access with WiFi device

I figured it out, I need an AP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-share-wired-internet-access-with-wifi-device.199110/
Relevancy 86.86%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Tech Support Guy System Info or Wifi Wired Internet No Access: Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB No Internet Access: Wifi or Wired Motherboard LENOVO KL Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I cannot connect to the internet via my router either by wifi or ethernet cable It was all working fine until a couple of hours ago I can get online by using my phone as a hotspot and connected to the laptop via the USB cable The phone is connected to the router via WIFI and works find So do other laptops on the same router When I do I diagonse problem in Windows I get quot the DNS server isn t No Internet Access: Wifi or Wired responding quot message I ve tried doing an ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdnd to no avail Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron N with Windows I have been using Time problem fine. with Wired internet access works Internet WiFi. Solved: Warner Internet It worked fine until yesterday WiFi stopped working out of the blue When I tried wired connection works pretty well Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. I do not recall any significant changes to my computer while this happened So now I can connect to the wifi hotspot but it says quot No Internet Connection quot When I connect the LAN wire with the WiFi router internet works The moment I remove it it says No Internet Access although computer is connected to the hotspot and signal is very well The drivers are being shown as up to date in device manager I tried following instructions given here http www wikihow com Repair-Winsock-and-TCP IP This didn t work Problem persists I have been through some threads around here This is the ipconfig output C Users Depp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Depp-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter CableNet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. A -BA-DB-D - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A B EA- DDD- CED- D- F D D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CBBDDF -CCAB- EFF- C - F D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B-ACB - - A-EFCE E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google com Please check ... Read more

A:Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-access-problem-with-wifi-wired-internet-works-fine.1088713/
Relevancy 80.41%

My method of communicating with the internet is via a wireless connection to a wireless router, etc.

When I connect a debug tool via the wired ethernet connection I lose the my internet connection.

I then have to diagnose the connection where a dialog box pops up to show which connection type, wired, or wireless. I have to select wireless and go from there.

Is there a way to override windows XP to only search for an internet connection via wireless? It is quite a nuiasance to have to go through the reconnect process once I plug the debug tool in...

A:When I connect Wired ethernet device I lose wireless internet access

No. The reverse would be true, and depending on the quality of your equipment and connections you could, but the normal case is what you are experiencing. Anyway to go wired first, then wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-connect-wired-ethernet-device-i-lose-wireless-internet-access.110900/
Relevancy 73.1%

I just setup a samba server on a linux box I have in another room My laptop Win Home premium is on wireless and can't access the share In my living room I have a wireless router which sends internet wirelessly to my bedroom where my linux box is That room has another wireless router which bridges the connection to ethernet My mac wired in my living room can access the shares And so can my linux partition on my wireless laptop But Windows just doesn't see it It can see my wireless roku device connected to my TV though All the devices mentioned are on the same subnet and I can ping the linux box from windows and tracert shows only the linux box no other devices so nothing Wireless wired can't share access samba linux win7 should be interfering in between I'm lost on what to do I've tried everything I can think of and can't find any information online that works or is applicable to this setup Network discovery is on remember it does see my roku tried connecting by IP hostname but doesn't work I tried disabling the host firewall but didn't help The network devices Windows can see is Network the network name Stuff itself and Roku Stick I've attached a picture of my network layout

A:Wireless win7 can't access wired linux samba share

ok, so I found a workaround I guess. I would still like to know why it won't show up in the "Network" drop down or any other way to connect. Anyway, so I used

net use x: \\$IP\$share folder /user:$IP\$username

If i can connect this way, why can't I connect any other way?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358968-wireless-win7-cant-access-wired-linux-samba-share.html
Relevancy 73.1%

guys
this concerns file sharing Win7-to/from-Android devices.
some of you use android as I do. there are a lot of apps and utils etc for connecting to lan/wifi but I'm wondering what you have found that is best? the file manager app I'm using can address a 'server' via tcp address but I was thinking I had read of a simpler approach - just cannot easily find via searching and reading descrips.

all advice gladly received!

c

A:Best way to WIFI share with Android device?

I'm a total noob with Droid, but all I have to do is turn on WiFi on the device, then it will notify of available networks. I tap one, choose connect and I'm on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/277259-best-way-wifi-share-android-device.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello, i have two computers with wireless cards, i can share files and everything but it takes long to transfer big files

i also have it connected through cable (directly, not through router or hub) (im usin a cross cable)

i want to have both computers share files throught the cable, but each computer to use its wireless card access the internet..

is there a way i can do that?..'

use the cable solely for sharing purposes?... and nothing else?.

and use my wireless cards for internet.. and nothing else?..

A:share+wired+internet+wireless

What happens if you simply connect the cable and configure the wired connection with an IP and subnet mask, but no Default Gateway or DNS addresses? The default routing should use the cable if present, and the wireless for connections other than the wired computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/share-wired-internet-wireless.545016/
Relevancy 71.81%

I just changed apartments and got a new internet connection through Comcast. When I hook up my cisco linksys wireless router, all the green lights are flashing, but my computer does not recognize the wireless router. When I hook my computer up by cable to the wireless router, I get internet. Same computer, same wireless router as old apartment. Please help - I'm getting pretty desperate and comcast / cisco are no help whatsoever. Thanks!

Relevancy 70.95%

Basically I have a wired connection with internet, plugged into my laptop.

I have tried the following programs to set up a virtual wifi connection so that my htc desire hd and iphone 3gs can connect to it and use the internet..

- Virtual Wifi Router
- Virtual Wifi manager
- Virtual Router plus
I can connect to the network fine on BOTH devices although no internet access is there...

firewall disabled, the local wired connection is appearing shared with the virtual wifi adapter...
please can somebody help find a solution?

A:cannot share internet (wired) from laptop with mobile devices

Quote: Originally Posted by Lanky0

Basically I have a wired connection with internet, plugged into my laptop.

I have tried the following programs to set up a virtual wifi connection so that my htc desire hd and iphone 3gs can connect to it and use the internet..

- Virtual Wifi Router
- Virtual Wifi manager
- Virtual Router plus

I can connect to the network fine on BOTH devices although no internet access is there...

firewall disabled, the local wired connection is appearing shared with the virtual wifi adapter...

please can somebody help find a solution?

As far as I know there is not much support for the configuration you are trying to set up although I would think the best chance is using the Virtual Router software or the directions in the link> http://lifehacker.com/5369381/turn-y...reless-hotspot

It may require using static IP's on the IPv4 properties interface but some experimenting may be required.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299010-cannot-share-internet-wired-laptop-mobile-devices.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I just recently bought a TPLINK TD W ND wireless N router I have connected it to the internet and it works fine but the Ethernet speeds are reduced compared to my Netgear DG GU The wireless speeds on the wireless N router are indeed faster and the range is better even though sometimes it loses wireless connection and doesn t connect until it is restarted To solve this problem I decided to try make (wired share to connection routers internet two wireless) to Connecting the Netgear my primary router and connect the PC to that via Ethernet for its superior speeds then connect that routers LAN to the tplinks wan port to share the internet connection wirelessly for its superior wireless capability The problem is the internet connection is not being shared I do no know much about networking but I set the routers to different static addresses within the subnet and turned off DCHP on the tplink router ANY help or different solutions would be welcome P S I find it odd that the TP link has slower Ethernet speeds being a newer modem router then the Connecting two routers to share internet connection (wired to wireless) netgear maybe its a Connecting two routers to share internet connection (wired to wireless) configuration issue because the line speed reads pretty high but the actual speed is no where near nbsp

A:Connecting two routers to share internet connection (wired to wireless)

I find it odd that the TP link has slower Ethernet speedsClick to expand...

My suspicion is a defective router.

When you daisy-chain routers the way you describe the Dhcp server of the second one must be enabled and almost always the routers need to be using different LAN subnets. Since you did not state any desire to protect the wireless devices from the ethernet connected ones I suggest putting everything on one LAN ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-two-routers-to-share-internet-connection-wired-to-wireless.1109116/
Relevancy 69.66%

Ok, here is what I have:workstation with a wireless card
laptop with wireless card
wireless router

What I would ideally like to do is set up a wired network in which the computers can all share files and have the workstation connect to the internet via wifi and have the laptop create an adhoc wifi network.

Is this even possible?

Alternately, I would be satisfied If I could network the two machines via ethernet and have them both share a wifi connection.

If it is possible but I cannot accomplish this with what I have, what else do I need?

A:Need to set up small wired network, with wifi access

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Why not connect the workstation to the wireless access point (router) via the wireless card and then do the same for the laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289867-need-set-up-small-wired-network-wifi-access.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi there,

I've got a desktop with a wired connection to a cable broadband modem (with only one connection on it) and I'd like to have my laptop (which has a wireless card) to share that connection only wireless .... if you know what I mean... anyone tell me what I need to do to get that working? is it possible?

cheers,
Mark.

A:Get wireless laptop and wired desktop to share wired cable broadband connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/get-wireless-laptop-and-wired-desktop-to-share-wired-cable-broadband-connection.755169/
Relevancy 68.8%

ok here is what i have main desk top is and a and comps ps3 a and networking wired wifi 3 one wired wired printer help has this help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard First International Computer Inc AU PCB x C E B Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled it also has a belkin usbwifi alltel g air card what i need help with is want to conect and share the internet and files this comp though a linksys wrt g router that is wired to the ps and a d-link hub the d-link hub is wire to desk tops and a laptop and a hp printer where do i start for some reson i can only have ether my desktops and my main on net or my ps if ps is on and i want to start net on a comp i have to shut off ps and restart all comps what am i doing wrong nbsp

A:help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired

lets see an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-networking-3-comps-wired-one-wifi-and-a-wired-printer-and-a-ps3-wired.1020626/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a linksys WRT GS wireless router and a Sprint Modem and I am using Windows Vista I can get internet by connecting with a wire to the router but not wirelessly only getting local connection with wireless Settings for Linksys Router Internet Connection Type Automatic Configuration - DHCP -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Optional Settings required by some ISPs Router Name Host Name Domain MTU Auto Size Greyed out but says -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Network Setup Router IP Local IP Address Subnet Mask -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Network Address Server Settings DHCP DHCP Server Enabled Starting IP Address Maximum Number of DHCP Users Client Lease Time minutes means one day Static DNS Static DNS Static DNS WINS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Settings for the Sprint Series Modem System Status System Name EMBARQ ZyNOS F W Version V ACZ DSL FW Version TI AR Standard ADSL G dmt WAN Information IP Address IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway Active Can't can when wired on wifi get internet but DNS Primary DNS Secondary DNS VPI VCI LAN Information MAC Address f a d IP Address IP Subnet Mask DHCP Server DHCP Start IP DHCP Pool Size Primary DNS Secondary DNS IPCONFIG in Command Prompt when used on my Vista when connected to the router wired AND wirelessly Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Can't get internet on wifi but can when wired Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe d f d ff c b IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe dc d fe e cd IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e cba b c Link-local IPv Address fe cba b Can't get internet on wifi but can when wired c Default Gateway Need any more info just ask although i doubt u will P S dont really care if u guys know all this also do i need to look into bridging my modem with my Router and exactly what IS bridging and what does it do Oh AND whats the difference between LAN and WAN nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

After latest Microsoft update on 9/25/2016 I can not connect to the internet either wired or WIFI. Says network adapter is working fine.  Uninstalled and reinstalled another driver version in compatability mode but no help.  running the troubleshooter it says can not automatically bind to IP address??  Any thoughts?  Was windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10 about 2 months ago with no issues.  Can't find a windows 10 driver for my network adapter.  I think it's a Broadband 4313.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-can-not-connect-to-the-internet-either-wired-or-WIFI-after/td-p/5782565
Relevancy 67.51%

Good afternoon Geeks.

Because Virgin are lame they are making me wait over a monthy to sort my broadband so i need a temporary solution.

I've been looking into Mifi devices as pay as you go/ rolling contracts however most of the devices lack an ethernet port.

My question is can internet me transfered from the mifi device to my pc via a usb/ micro usb cable?

If yes, can i usb-usb my pc to a second pc so they BOTH have internet access.

A quick response would be beneficial.

Kind Regards.

A:Need Wifi Internet Connect Wired To Pc/ 2pc's

Do both PCs have Wi-Fi?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/need-wifi-internet-connect-wired-to-pc-2pcs.304891/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey everyone I have an issue with internet connectivity I used the internet via wifi yesterday and it worked fine Turned the computer on after hours and no internet Must have lost power during that time no lights on modem router so I rebooted the modem router and laptop I showed connected to the wifi with or Wifi Wired No Solved: Internet no internet My father had me plug in directly out of the modem I did this and still had no internet Our modem showed a flashing pc activity light Solved: No Internet Wifi or Wired wifi and wired Tried a wifi hotspot today and showed connected with no internet When I ran the troubleshoot Solved: No Internet Wifi or Wired I received the following home and hotspot Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource DNS server is not responding My computer works fine otherwise Also my parent s laptop works like a champ last night and today on the internet wifi Trying to get this cleared up before classes start next week There may be a slight delay in my responses due to the problem Any help is truly appreciated Thanks Golferguy s Daughter nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I've been having trouble with my internet connection for the past few days. It seems to be a battle between my router and modem, but my question is about the sidebar on windows 8. When I click on the internet connection icon (?) in the lower right hand corner, the sidebar appears, showing the internet connectivity. My PC is wired to the router and modem, so should I need to connect to my router listed under the WiFi listing? Can I be wired and wireless at the same time? And if so, will it cause problems?

A:Internet Connection - WiFi & Wired?

If you are plugged in with a cable and connected wirelessly then Windows will default to the faster connection which is usually the wired one. As soon as you unplug the cable then the wireless connection will be the connection you are using. No problems with that at all.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26201-internet-connection-wifi-wired.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I was trying to connect my chromecast in a hotel via a mobile hotspot on my laptop. I had the wifi hotspot setup on my computer and the chromecast connected, but it kept sporadically disconnecting. I tried messing around with some of the adapter settings to get it working, but now I only have the option to share my internet via ethernet. The option for Wifi doesn't appear anymore. Can someone assist me in re-enabling the wifi option?
Thanks

A:Why can I not share my internet via Wifi?

1) Press ctrl+x
2) Open device manager
3) Under network adapters if you see your WiFi card with yellow question mark, you need to reinstall drivers
Or you may need to simply turn it on again using the FN+F(x which corresponds to the Wifi on/off shortcut key) on your laptop.
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440551-why-can-i-not-share-my-internet-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, I know the dangers of using public unsecured Wifi or wired connections, such as, those at hotels.

I am thinking about purchasing a VPN based public wifi protection firewall, such as, the one offered by Comodo, Comodo TrustConnect for vacation

TrustConnect Wi-Fi Internet Security Features:
Securely encrypts all data transmitted over both wired and wireless Internet connections
Creates a Virtual Private Network to hide all personal web-surfing information
Utilizes industry-standard 128-bit encryption

Is it going to be the equivalent of my home wifi that is secure with password?

Any other products you guys know of and trust for this purposes?

Thanks!

A:Public Wifi/Wired Internet Question-Help Please

Generally this would be similar to using a proxy server when connected to another network. There are software based options available for proxy VPN services online that are relatively inexpensive (roughly $30.00 per year) and is as simple as opening a software and using a username and password to login.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551342/public-wifiwired-internet-question-help-please/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all i use a laptop that has Ethernet and WiFi cards usually i use WiFi only as default internet source but when i connect the Ethernet cable- gt the WiFi network doesn't stop or shut down automatically -in such situation does really network act parallel -is there a way to quot tell quot windows that when Ethernet network is on WiFi network adopter will close it self i don't want to Disabling enabling in device manager every time Thanx edit i Internet Wired to the at wifi connections time? same and the tried this but didn't work quot You can change the order in which Windows connects to different network adapters to do this go to the Network Connections window there press Alt select Advanced gt Advanced connections open the Adapters and Bindings Tab There you can change the order of the network adapters in your case try placing your LAN connection to the top of the list this should cause windows to use the braodband Ethernet connection when it's available and only go via wireless when not quot

A:Wired and wifi connections to the Internet at the same time?

Quote: Originally Posted by prukeyhi

~~~
-in such situation does really 2 network act parallel?
~~~

Not normally. It would take special software to make that happen and probably a special router.

Quote: Originally Posted by prukeyhi

~~~
-is there a way to "tell" windows that when Ethernet network is on , WiFi network adopter will close it self?
~~~

You might check to see if the Wireless Network Adapter has a "disable upon wired connect" setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/386821-wired-wifi-connections-internet-same-time.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Im an american that relocated to canada to play online poker Internet in building? for to internet it possible get a wifi shared me Is wired is very important to me First place i stayed at the internet was wifi very very bad and unreliable Moved to another apartment and was told internet here in this building is Is it possible for me to get wired internet in a wifi shared building? very fast in montreal uses videotron Well many times the internet has problems and doesn't connect or works but it disconnects on and off or is very very slow basically doesn't work Thing is when i was looking for an apartment i have to look for a furnished place and of course internet Some places they told me the internet has both wired internet and wireless I prefer wired b c its more reliable At this building internet is wireless wifi and shared between apartments I use the internet more than anyone im pretty Is it possible for me to get wired internet in a wifi shared building? sure People here probalby just go online very little a day but to me i need it on all day The router is about floor Is it possible for me to get wired internet in a wifi shared building? when i go down the stairs Its basically in this room where there are routers there and connections I was told if internet is ever slow or doesn't work just go there and unplug the router wait minute then plug it back in I did that last time and it worked but didn't work that well and i had to wait a while for the wifi to work My quesiton is is there a way for me to get wired internet I know some apartments here in montreal have option of wired as well I wonder how this would be even possible I mean is each apartment given a router and a modem inside the apartment Or would they have to connect a wire from the modem in the apartment to the router outside the apartment I know you can call and have wired internet installed from a company but probably is i only need it for few months and i think many only do year contracts Does anyone know what other options i have I think the other option is to get a wireless internet stick and use that if my wifi doesn't work Again my building is a bunch of apartments that are all furnished and everything with cable tv and internet and electricity I had moved here b c i was told the internet was very fast and reliable but its not that reliable I dont even care about speed that much i just cannot have disconnections Thoughts

A:Is it possible for me to get wired internet in a wifi shared building?

The fact that residents have access to the router at any time would be a big concern for me personally in terms of security especially if I was doing online poker. I take it the routers are small Linksys or smaller types of routers rather than enterprise grade? 16 apartments sharing the same wireless signal with potentially multiple devices in an apartment! That will simply kill any end user wireless router. Since you technically aren't authorised to change anything I cannot offer any support that would require configuration changes on the router end.

Do any other people suffer the same issue? Do you receive any disconnections on public WiFi? This can help determine if your machine is the issue or the supposedly throttled wireless network.

When obtaining a wired apartment, you will normally get an RJ45 hole in the wall with a cable to which you can then connect a single device or router for network connectivity. You will not need a modem at all. Your wired connection will pass through the building where your bandwidth will be controlled and then routed to the internet.

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308129-possible-me-get-wired-internet-wifi-shared-building.html
Relevancy 66.65%

hi all
first i am sorry i am so much biggenr in the networking issues
anyways

i have an access point device , and i have windows 7 on my computer , can i share my files through my the wireless so i can access to them by using another computer having a wireless adapter ?

if yes so how can i do that

i hope someone helps me

thank you

A:can i use an ACCESS POINT device to share my files through a network ?

If you have computers on the same local area network (LAN) they can communicate with each other. If you connect the computers to the ACCESS POINT device (I assume this is a wireless access point, or WAP) the computers can file share.

Short description for Windows 7 and 8 file and printer sharing:

Go into the Network and Sharing Center from the Control Panel or from the Network icon in the Notification Area. Your network must be designated 'Private' (or 'Home' or 'Work'). Click on Change advanced sharing settings. In the Private or Home or Work section you can configure File and printer sharing, Public folder sharing, and Password protected sharing.

You may want to change the Workgroup name. To check it or change it right click on "Computer" and select "Properties."

You must uninstall or properly configure any non-windows firewall (security suite).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-use-an-access-point-device-to-share-my-files-through-a-network.1110847/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi!
I have wire ADSL connection. I want share my internet connection with my phone (Android) using WiFi. I think its useless thing change my ADSL router. So are there any devise to distribute my Desktop computer internet connection via WiFi using USB port? Like Bluetooth dongle.

Thanks!

A:How to share computer Internet connection as WiFi?

I'm doing exactly that right now I have a Realtek USB WiFi 'dongle' (it says Dynamode 11N USB Adapter on it, but it uses Realtek stuff). The internet gets to my computer via my old phone, tethered via USB. It then goes through the computer and out the USB wireless adapter to my newer phone and iPod as WiFi.
I'm afraid I don't know the exact model of mine, but it looks just like this. (In Devices and Printers it shows up as RTL8188S WLAN Adapter). I just installed the drivers and bit of software, then in the software clicked on the 'Mode' tab, wher I could switch it from 'Station' to 'Access Point'. I could then choose which internet connection into the PC that it shared, set up a WEP key etc. and then share the connection throughout the house.
hope I helped

(I'm pretty sure the one in the link is the one I have, as it looks identical and they don't list any other similar items)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198062-how-share-computer-internet-connection-wifi.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Can anybody help me share my Office LAN Internet connection over WIFI I have a Ralink USB Wireless adapter for the purpose Here s how the LAN setup is I dont know if there any other information required for the setup C Users chirag gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name chirag-Green Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address -C - -EC-B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c ea a f d Preferred IPv Address connection LAN WIFI Share Office Internet over Preferred Subnet Mask IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Share Office LAN Internet connection over WIFI Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - -C - -EC-B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F CF - B- -B -D E A E EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d ccf f d b be Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ccf f d b be Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Alright so this is my dilemma I am connected to the internet through a wired connection I am also setting up a wireless printing network Here is the problem whenever I connect to the wireless router so that I can share my printer I cannot browse on the internet The vista network logo on the toolbar also loses the quot earth quot in the symbol but yet says that I am connected to local and internet Now what really confuses me is that I can still use AIM but yet both firefox and IE does not connect to the internet As soon as I disconnect from the Wireless network my internet comes right back the Solved: internet separate to Cannot when WiFi wired browse a connected I have searched for hours on this and could not find much other than changing my metric setting which also didn t change anything I believe it is a vista setting because others with Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi the same basic setup except for the fact that they have XP can still connect to the WiFi and browse the internet through the LAN Here is a link to a screenshot of my computer specs http img imageshack us my php image specsht jpg And here are my IPCONFIG results when connected to both Wired and Wireless Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users schmiddj gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name schmiddj-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi Area Network Physical Address - - - C- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- -CB-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Mittwoch November Lease Expires Sonntag Dezember Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R MM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - F- - C-A - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ac b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a ca df f fdfc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe df f fdfc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DDD A -AABE- -BD - C F C br AC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users schmiddj gt Any help is much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi

The direct solution to your problem is to assign a static IP address (make sure it is outside the wireless router Dhcp server's address range) and mask, leaving the Gateway and DNS blank.

Windows XP defaults to the wired connection when multiple Gateways are specified, which may explain why the other PCs do not have the same problem.

There is a reason why you need to use two different networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-browse-the-internet-wired-when-connected-to-a-separate-wifi.766271/
Relevancy 65.36%

i have Lenovo thinkpad e531 x64 win 8

I just got new speed internet and when I connect my computer using ethernet it's signifiantly slower than wireless on the same laptop.

On my other laptop the wired produces very fast results (faster than wifi) so the problem is my laptopr's ethernet connection.

what can i do?

My ISP provider came with his working laptop, pluging in my ethernet cable in his laptop and the internet speed it was 300mb/s.
and on my laptop is 17 mb/s....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383335-wired-internet-speed-much-slower-then-wifi-lenovo-thinkpad.html
Relevancy 65.36%

So just this past weekend I re-installed Windows 8.1 on my dad's ASUS Notebook (K55N), but now its WiFi internet speed is a good ~25% slower vs wired directly to the router (Linksys E4200), that was definitely not the case prior to the fresh install. I did run Windows Update just after the install just to make sure it downloaded the latest driver for the WiFi Network Adapter (it did download one).

Power Plan is set to High Performance.

I really have no idea what's going on, my dad has another laptop, and there, its internet speed is exactly the same Wireless vs Wired.

I really need your help here, thanks.

ASUS K55N: Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

A:ASUS Notebook WiFi internet speed slower vs wired

Sometimes the Windows update drivers make things worse. Did you try the ASUS drivers? Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47933-asus-notebook-wifi-internet-speed-slower-vs-wired.html
Relevancy 65.36%

First time post I'm on the verge of giving up working this out on my own Kindly let me know if I've failed to follow any forum decorum or done the basic checks on my in tethered), all & & Win7 Ubuntu? but in No wired (wifi internet work own or anything thanks I'm on Win Home Premium but dual-boot into Ubuntu most of the time Decided to try and upgrade to Win so boot into Win after months of not having been there and I have Windows Update do its thing On one of the reboots the internet stops working Here are the things I've tried and various combinations of them Restarted a lot Wireless Wired Tethered from phone wifi on two different phones Tethered from phone data on two different phones Uninstalled the NIC driver downloaded from manufacturer's website and reinstalled Uninstalling the Windows Updates System Restore but for some reason all my restore points don't work Restarted my router Restarted my modem Called my ISP and checked that nothing looked wrong Thing is all of the above wired wireless tethering all ways works in Ubuntu That probably suggests this is not a hardware issue Network and Sharing Center keeps suggesting that I am connected to the internet with every method of connecting that I have listed above but I can neither access any websites nor ping them I still can go to my router configuration page Attached is my ipconfig Please let me know what other things I should do to diagnose and solve my internet problem Thank you so so much for all your help I freaking want Win now No internet in Win7 (wifi & wired & tethered), but all work in Ubuntu? more than ever with all this happening

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381139-no-internet-win7-wifi-wired-tethered-but-all-work-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi i am new here My Original post is here - No access to Internet - Limited access for both wired and wireless - Microsoft Answers I have seen most of the threads going un-answered so i feel that i can get help from here Quote My HP Laptop WIndows Professional bit Intel Dual Core Ghz Ram - GB Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Yesterday i was working on my laptop and in background the AVG antivirus client was downloading the files I have Avira installed and had planned to uninstall it after AVG client would be done with toe download Suddenly i faced a blue screen and when i restarted Windows the AVG setup was incomplete i couldnt uninstall it so i did system restore but i was given some kind of bad image sector error i dont remember that exactly but the programs and features now didnt show any AVG installation i have gone through Windows troubleshooting steps and searched a bit on various forums but none helped I face this problem on wired network too the router seems fine as now im connected on my desktop from the same router And i know how to install the drivers and all connection both to Internet wired access wireless access - and for Limited No settings part ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok i just formatted the system drive reinstalled Win bit again and still i face the same problem I can access my router with wire and wireless but can't connect to internet I also did router reset just to try in-case if it'd work but it didnt I just accessed wireless internet on another laptop So i am sure we need to do something with the laptop Thanks

A:No access to Internet - Limited access for both wired and wireless

Welcome to SF,

Have you tried connecting your laptop to another Wi-Fi network or hotspot or somebody else's router and do a wired connection?

How about a wired connection to your Modem? What's the outcome?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185527-no-access-internet-limited-access-both-wired-wireless.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Problem share internet wifi from laptop to other mobile.

I have added hoc already, but still not working. other device can be connected a few minute then disconnect.

Wifi status: waiting for user.
Window 7 ultimate 64bits.

Why ?

Best regards

A:Problem share internet wifi from laptop to other mobile

I'm not sure all the nonsense data in your system spec's will help anyone address your issue.

Please fill it out properly so as your hardware and internet adapters are identifiable

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206109-problem-share-internet-wifi-laptop-other-mobile.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi this is my first post.
In my laptop there are two networks
1. Local area connection which i use to connect with my router(wired connection,Ethernet)
2. N79 the ad-hoc network which i created to connect with my mobile device.

Now when i turn on WiFi in my laptop and start listening, my mobile device detect the WiFi network. Then i start to browser of my phone and try to load a web page, and the computer shows the network status as connected. But in the phone still i cant access web pages, the browser of the phone try to load the web page and reply "no gateway reply".

What can i do for this?
Thax in advance.

A:Share internet with mobile device-Nokia n79

When you create the adhoc connection on your latop, you would enable ICS. The connection that get ICS is your LAN cannection, it'll say shared. When you browse on your phone, it will pick up this adhoc network which is wireless adhoc network. You logon like you would a normal wireless network with security key (if it's setup with one). If you can connect than i don't see why you cannot surf the net. Can you confirm that your phone have actually connected to this adhoc network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/58000-share-internet-mobile-device-nokia-n79.html
Relevancy 62.35%

But maybe I'm having a senior moment Dell Inspiron - -bit Windows Home Premium Wired Auto Config is running LAN settings are to automatically detect settings Ipconfig displays a valid IP address Have run netsh winsock reset Have unplugged and reconnected the modem Have contacted the ISP and had them check the modem Fix - SHOULD Wired Easy Internet No be Access an connection from their end Have tried with clean boot and safe mode with networking Have gone into Device Mgr and uninstalled the network driver and watched it reinstall No Wired Internet Access - SHOULD be an Easy Fix on reboot Network card area on the back of the tower is lit Yet on a boot I always get the No Wired Internet Access - SHOULD be an Easy Fix little yellow triangle over the WLAN icon in the notications area No internet access When I've right clicked on the icon and selected repair the troubleshooter says that it could not determine the problem Most tellingly when I attempted an ipconfig release it would not release But either I don't know what to do next or I'm having a senior moment wait didn't I already say that

A:No Wired Internet Access - SHOULD be an Easy Fix

Are you getting yellow AND green lites at the network interface on the pc ?

Tried ipconfig /renew ?

Good Ethernet cable ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/266376-no-wired-internet-access-should-easy-fix.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have 3 computers hooked to my network (1 wireless) all working and have internet services. I have another one with a fresh install of Win 7 Home Premium that I cannot get on the Internet with. I can see all of my computers in windows explorer and can ping all of them but cannot get on the internet with the new one. I have compared all Ipconfigs and they all seem to be about the same. I cannot hookup wired or wireless with the one. Nothing yellowed in the Device Manage except modem that I do not use. Comcast Cable Modem/Router Arris TC862. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Cannot access internet wired or wireless

Have you unplugged for 30 seconds and reset all your devices?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298922-cannot-access-internet-wired-wireless.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I ran into trouble with rootkits and trojans and had to clean them using combofix After which my ESET Nod failed I uninstalled it and rebooted my Laptop The rootkit had entered my TCP IP stack and I suspect something hasn t been fixed there yet After the reboot I can connect using wireless and or wired to my Router but I can t browse It tells me there s No Internet Access when I hover the mouse over the network icon on the system tray I have tried flushing my dns reseting the WinSock repairing TCP IP Nothing works When I ping for yahoo google com it tells me quot ping request could not find host yahoo com Please wired Both Wirelessly Access- and Internet No check the name and try again quot Something tells me it is a DNS issue but I can t figure out how to resolve it Additional Information OS Windows Home -bit SP RAM GB Wireless Adapter Atheros AR b g n Ethernet Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller I ve done a million reboots and it won No Internet Access- Both wired and Wirelessly t No Internet Access- Both wired and Wirelessly work Also my ESET Nod will not re-install It tells me the Installation Ended Prematurely The same happens even after I uninstall all AV products using Nod Removal utility from the Safe mode Same when attempted to install ESET Nod Help nbsp

A:No Internet Access- Both wired and Wirelessly

would you do another tcp/ip reset and post the results here - see below
also make sure no proxy set
then do the following tests ipconfig /all and three ping tests - see below

Remove any proxy settings
Check your browser's settings, remove or uncheck any proxy settings if found
http://www.library.kent.edu/page/14299
http://www.ehow.com/how_5512742_remove-proxy-server.html

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
all the text will be highlighted
Next
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
and press enter

Reboot the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-both-wired-and-wirelessly.1029211/
Relevancy 62.35%

Heres the setup Wired Internet *** Wireless Access through *** or Can't -Wireless Router-Main PC w Wireless Receiver card works great with the Router and a Netgear ProSafe port Ethernet Switch- nd PC the one I'm having problems on has ethernet connection Connects to the Network just fine but IE or Firefox won't display pages-Tried to Install a Wireless Receiver on nd PC and it connects to the Router but says the Internet can't be found-Had a lot of viruses spyware etc Have done thorough cleanup w MalwareBytes a Squared and Norton -Have ran the SmitFraudFix-Used the McAfee and Norton Removal Tools so no trace of those on the System Still have AOL's protection on there HERE'S THE HJT LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet *** Can't Access Internet through Wired or Wireless *** Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon *** Can't Access Internet through Wired or Wireless *** exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system VTtrayp exeC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files CAMTRAY EXEC Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files a-squared Free a service exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - HKLM Run VTTrayp VTtrayp exeO - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exeO - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYERO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Monitor calibrator C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data QW QW i exeO - HKLM Run IPHSend C Program Files Common Files AOL IPHSend IPHSend exeO - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeO - HKLM Run EarthLink Installer quot E Windows access program files EarthLink TotalAccess Setup exe quot SE WindowsO - HKLM Run Creative WebCam Tray C Program Files Creative Shared Files CAMTRAY EXEO - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logonO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exeO - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res D Office ... Read more

A:*** Can't Access Internet through Wired or Wireless ***

Fixed the problem...deleted the

"R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=localhost:7171
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local;<local>"

stuff from the hjtlog.

The internet still didn't work, but then I found the winsockfix tool and Microsoft's TCP/IP Reset Tool, and ran those...and the internet ran like a charm.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225209/cant-access-internet-through-wired-or-wireless/
Relevancy 61.92%

i have a windowx xp laptop, i plug it into a router and says the status is connected but no internet access. please help. thanks!

A:wired internet is connected but no access to internet

and welcome to the Forum

Did this pc ever connect to the new with this connection? Please post a list of all networking equiment . . Modem, Router, anything else conncected to the newtork.

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wired-internet-is-connected-but-no-access-to-internet-604449.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have one computer at the office OffComp running XP Pro connected to internet via DSL through Qwest I have a remote computer RemComp at a home location running XP Home Pro connected to the internet via broadband cable through ComCast I want the person at RemComp to be able to run MS-Access on RemComp and access a database file on OffComp But since there will also be a person at over How db MS-Access internet, share to VPN? the office using OffComp for all kinds of things including concurrently accessing this same db file Remote Access is not appropriate Also we don t want the lady using RemComp to have access to anything except the db file I know just enough about networking VPN file sharing and firewalls to be fairly sure that a VPN connection is what I need I m kind of thinking that this is not so much a quot problem quot yet anyway as a simple quot How do I quot So how do I configure RemComp and OffComp so that a user on RemComp can access a specific file or folder of files on OffComp over the internet Maybe is How to share MS-Access db over internet, VPN? there a good book that covers this I am fairly tech savy I just don t know what the details of this process are But I do love details nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-share-ms-access-db-over-internet-vpn.574858/
Relevancy 61.49%

I feel so stupid not being able to fix this, but here goes. Here at home I have great WIFI connectivity but on my main PC that is hard wired into the modem I have no Internet access. I'm not sure what information is needed for someone to help me. My service seems fine as my cable/VOIP telephone/wifi work great. I'm not sure how to detect my ISP settings. In 'device manager' it shows that the teredo tunneling adapter will not start. I don't know what that is or if its important here. Can somebody help me,? I don't even know where to start. I have faith that you guys can fix anything! Please help.

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there,

I've just had a new internet connection activated with Sky, but after setting up the router according to the instruction manual I cannot access the internet wirelessly. When I plug in the laptop to the router with the ethernet cable I'm connected fine, but when it comes to connecting wirelessly it says that my connection is unidentified and 'Local Only'.

Probably not enough information but not sure what else to say about it!

Help will be much appreciated

Scooney

A:Can access Internet hard-wired but not wirelessly

Please identify
ISP
modem make+model
router make+model
PC system Make+Model
OS version you are using with SP level installed

With the wired connection, please get a command prompt (Start->Run->CMD)
and enter IPCONFIG /all >myTcp.txt
follow-up by attaching myTcp.txt in your My Documents folder

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-access-internet-hard-wired-but-not-wirelessly.164911/
Relevancy 61.49%

fixed! mo9ds please erase, it was isp-

A:windows seven no internet access wired connection

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Thanks for letting us know!If you are the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me via PM with the address of this thread.Everyone else please begin a new topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351951/windows-seven-no-internet-access-wired-connection/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am the proud owner of a new laptop Yay I have an interesting and confounding problem Plugged in my new laptop acer TZ Window bit Home Premium at home recognized wireless logged on and promptly downloaded MB of updates I also have a gigabit wired network and thought I would use that to watch a movie online No connection over wired network Joined my home workgroup this took several days wirelessly but no connection wired Took my laptop to work and it sees wireless/wired not access internet but Connected and connects to my wireless but no internet connection Plug in the wired and it immediately connects to the network and internet Disabled windows and McAfee firewalls to no avail At home - easy connection Connected but not internet access wireless/wired to wireless and network Nightmare joining home workgroup No wired connectivity At work - plug in wire and connects and sees other computers on the network Sees wireless connects not internet access WTF My other laptops run Linux and have not had anything like this Very frustrating Any ideas nbsp

A:Connected but not internet access wireless/wired

Control panel----Internet options--double click----click connection tab at the top---skip setting and go down to Local area network (LAN) settings-----click the button, LAN settings------
check the box to auto detect settings, then click the OK button.
This should auto configure your providers IP address, and all the other pertinent info for that provider.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-but-not-internet-access-wireless-wired.142076/
Relevancy 61.49%

OK real mystery this one.... I have a laptop ... had been working kind of OK but not great with frequent dropped connection

but lately cant access internet at all wirelessly although it says I am connected to internet which I must be because I can ping yahoo etc and can send and receive emails. also can use network printer OK

tried safari and firefox ... same problem so doesn't look like it is IE

this would seems to be confirmed because if you connect to router directly with wire everything works fine

final diagnostic ... a different laptop connects and runs fine wirelessly

tried belkin technical support - helpful but no cigar

I've also searched internet extensively and found similar problems but not exactly this and none of the fixes suggested have worked

not sure if this is a networking problem so maybe not the right forum however any ideas gratefully received?

Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Webstar DPC2100 cable modem feeding into a WRT150N router. Up until yesterday it has been working fine wirelessly. This morning there was no connection, even wired. I reinstalled everything, more than once, checked all the settings, nothing appears out of the ordinary. I can connect to the internet directly through the cable modem. When I feed through the router, it all appears functional, the router correctly determines the dynamic IP address, but I have no access. In this configuration, I can still, directly wired through the router, access my MediaSmart home server. Any suggestions?

A:No internet access, wired or wireless, with WRT150N

Replace the WRT150N router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-access-wired-or-wireless-with-wrt150n.102390/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I can not get any internet running through my laptop, I have checked the hosts file, checked proxys, auto obtain ip address, and nothing is working... This is only a new problem, and have used both ways connecting to the Internet within the last week.
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 61.06%

i have 2 PC's both with windows XP Pro on them. I have a D-link DI604 router and i am trying to share my adelphia internet access on them. i plugged the modem cable into the router and connected the 2 PC's to the router as well. What else do i need to do to set this up???

Relevancy 61.06%

I am not using the system download only because the request is concerning another laptop that I have no internet access with I am a first time user of the site and at best a novice with computer lingo but here goes At Internet Solved: or Laptop NO Access Wireless Wired w/ home where I presently am I have a wireless system the I Solved: Laptop w/ NO Wired or Wireless Internet Access can Solved: Laptop w/ NO Wired or Wireless Internet Access either use or I can plug a wired line directly into my laptop s I currently am using the wireless to communicate with the forum using my TOSHIBA Satellite The computer in question is less than years old and is a DELL Inspiron N When I plug the wired connection in it does not see it but it displays that the computer is connected to my wireless but when I try and access the internet through internet explorer I get one of the following messages The remote device or resource won t except the connection Or The Proxy Server is not responding Any and all help will be greatly appreciated Skip nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Everyone Im haveing some serious issues with trying to connect my laptop to the internet Im hopeing someone would be abe to find a solution for me below is provided my ipconfig what it said when i tried ipconfig renew and when i pinged the ip address if you need me to post more information im more than happy to I bought a brand new Asus model laptop last month and have been using it perfectly with no interent issuesd at all until about a week ago when all of a sudden it stopped working when I try to connect to a network It says connected and internet access but whenever i try and access the internet through all three browsers i have through steam utorrent even mulitplayer games it just doesnt work Whether its connected wirlessly or directly with the ethernet cable ive tried my home internet neighbours universitys but they all network and wireless No both wired through laptop access to any Internet connect fine just no internet Can someone please be able to help me out also i tried the No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop winsock fix and also tried rolling back my last wireless update or whatever its called with no fix to the problem PLEASE HELP ME btw it says when im connected connected internet access which is really weird also bluetooth works fine i can connect my wireless headset and listen to music through it Also I just booted and ran Ubuntu off my USB to see No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop if its a hardware error and Ubuntu ran the internet fine was able to browse the web and everything through ubuntu so its clearly a windows problem When I performed ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Dario gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c c d b e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C C E E -DC - -B D-D C A FFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C - E- -B EC- E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F EF C- E- CC- EE-E B BAADEE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D DCC - - D -BB -C CF FB C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Dario gt When I performed ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected No operation can be performed on Bluetooth Network Connection while it has its media disconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c c d b e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C C E E -DC - -B D-D C A FFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C - E- -B EC- E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel ad... Read more

A:No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop

Hi, can u try using IP fix!!! if doesn't working try to disable your firewall.

and restart your computer!!! if still not working that's mean something wrong with your OS!!!

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-access-through-both-wired-and-wireless-to-any-network-laptop.165147/
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently installed a Belkin N1 wireless router. I have a Motorola PCX2500 cable modem. Windows XP Pro 64 bit.

When I connect the computer directly to the modem, I get onto the internet with no problems through either Firefox or IE. When I put the router between the computer and the modem, no internet, even though the connection between the router and computer is fine as I can access the router. Additionally, the wireless portion of the router works fine as I have another computer that can wirelessly access the internet through the router. When I try to access the internet wirelessly though the computer that was wired, still a no go. I've tried disabling the windows XP firewall, adding the programs to the firewall, and have no luck.

Any thoughts as this appears to be a settings problem to me but I'm at a loss of what it might be.

A:Ethernet wired computer can't access internet through routert

Additional information:

The router has the latest firmware update, which did solve some "router to modem" connection issues, but not one I was looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-wired-computer-cant-access-internet-through-routert.642835/
Relevancy 61.06%

As of a couple days ago I can no longer access my Buffalo NAS share. I have't had any connectivity issues before. The odd thing is if I use a wired connection I have no problems access the share, but over wifi I get this error:

\\Your-Drive is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

I've read some other posts related to this error, and I've tried adding Windows Credentials from the post here and I've seen posts about using gpedit.msc but I'm using Windows 10 Home which doesn't have that (and I don't want to install a 3rd party tool). I've restarted everything (computer, router, modem, NAS) too.

Any other suggestions or ideas why it only fails over wifi?

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65078-access-share-over-wifi-only-specified-logon-session-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Have a Lost ipad on our wireless network.. 50+ wifi access points.. and thousands of wifi devices connected to them..

nmap the lost device but not showing what access point its connected too.

can ping the device.

tracert shows my computer directly to lost device. will not trace thru which access point.

i can see wireless controller ip and all wifi access points.. but cannot trace the lost device.

can ping the device and see it.. shows up in my inventory just needing a way to trace route or nmap it to see where at in the building its connected tooo. so can narrow down the access point..

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi First post I tried searching the forum for an answer to my question but with no joy I recently obtained the AT amp T What access card to connect to internet share connect card My objective is to use it at my new house we are building that will have no access to DSL or cable and share the the connect card s connection to the Internet with other computers no my network When What to share connect card access to internet it was first installed AT amp T assisted me in getting the connect card connected to the AT amp T network and we were able to share that connection with my laptop s internal wireless WI-FI card This allowed all the computers on my network to connect to the Internet by sharing the connect card connection In other words everything was just as I wanted Since then I took my laptop on the road and used it for a few days When I tried to reconnect the setup on my home network the sharing link could not be reestablished This time AT amp T support would not help indicating they don t support the sharing function My network consist of a Gateway laptop a D-Link router and an HP desktop The desktop in hardwired to the router and the laptop is a wireless WI-FI connection If suggestions on a resolution have been posted before I apologize for the repeat and would appreciate a link to those postings Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:What to share connect card access to internet

You can basically get a router these days that you can plug your AT&T connect card into and use the router to share its wireless connection.

I am not sure what routers are compatible with your AT&T connect card but I am sure a couple of google searches will help you find that.
Here is one that I came up with.
http://www.shoplinksys.com/Wireless...VproductId57441309VVcatId543860VVviewprod.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-to-share-connect-card-access-to-internet.789682/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All I've got an older Acer Timeline t running Windows We recently switched from Cox Cable internet to AT amp T U-Verse and I've started noticing that my internet connection will randomly go out when I am connected This occurs whether I am on a wired or wireless connection Specifically I will be browsing the web and randomly when I try to pull up a website I get an error indicating that I cannot connect to that website because I am not connected to the internet When I check the status of my connection in the bottom right corner it will show that I am connected to the internet If I disconnect the ethernet cable Drops Internet Randomly Access Connection Wireless Wired & on or disconnect and reconnect to the wifi network the internet service is restored although it continues to randomly lose connection I initially thought that it was a U-Verse issue so AT amp T came out and replaced the router Unfortunately I still got the random drops I then thought it was a Windows issue so I reformatted by hard drive and reinstalled Windows - still having that issue My wife has an older Macbook and does not have this problem We also do not have this problem with any of the tablets Internet Access Randomly Drops on Wired & Wireless Connection or phones that connect to the network wirelessly I am beyond frustrated and do not know Internet Access Randomly Drops on Wired & Wireless Connection what to do I also don't know if this is a sign that my laptop is at the end of its life which would be unfortunate since I've only owned the laptop for about years my last laptop a Dell is on year and still churning Any suggestions advice would be greatly appreciated

A:Internet Access Randomly Drops on Wired & Wireless Connection

Forgot to mention that I've got an Intel 5100 wifi card and an Atheros ethernet controller.

After further research, it may appear that the wifi disonnection issue is a known issue regarding this wifi card (Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN problem - disconnecting). Just weird because I only recently had this problem pop up; this also does not explain why my wired connection randomly drops.

I'll play around with the router, driver and the settings some more tonight to see if I can figure out what's wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241332-internet-access-randomly-drops-wired-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 59.77%

We have a laptop that up until a few week ago could see a P2P small network, now it only see the internet and 2 worksataions. The 3rd has the printer that we need to share. This is the same wired or wireless.

I have done a ipconfig and the IP address is correct. and I have added the IP address of the laptop to the 3rd WS's firewall, Viper. We just updated to Viper and the WS connect to 3rd WS, which has the POS system and runs and shares receipt and barecode printer.

Laptop was doing this fine up until about 2 weeks ago. The connection was becoming sparitic to not working at all.

I need to see the 3rd WS to share the printer at least. The other WS share receipt, barecode and document printer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jack Privitt

A:Laptop only sees 2 of 3 WS and can access Internet, Can not see to share printer.

Start with the basics and work your way down this list. Let us know where you run into issues.

Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-only-sees-2-of-3-ws-and-can-access-internet-can-not-see-to-share-printer.961433/
Relevancy 59.77%

Because this problem involves networking and is also specific to Windows settings I am not 7 Access Solved: to share Internet Windows - Unable sure in which forum this post belongs but I will start here I have a new Windows laptop that is replacing an older XP machine that has successfully operated for a number of years with internet connection sharing from an XP desktop host computer I am unable to set up the new machine to access the internet The SysInfo data for the new computer is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Solved: Unable to share Internet Access - Windows 7 D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc MYF Antivirus Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent Antivirus Disabled The ipconfig data for the host computer is Windows IP Configuration Host Name BILLG Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List croasdaile com Ethernet adapter HOMENET Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - E-A -CE- - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter RESNET Connection-specific DNS Suffix croasdaile com Description Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address -C -CA- - F- F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday March AM Lease Expires Monday March AM This machine connects with the internet through a public MAC-restricted RESNET network signal that can be picked up by the host with an average signal strength of about Internet sharing is through a private HOMENET network that has a manually set gateway of rather than the Windows default of I have not had any problem with this as long as I am consistent across the network The new client machine has relevant Ipconfig data Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rover Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address - A- B- C-FE-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday March PM Lease Expires Monday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled The client has its IP address set automatically by the HOMENET wireless router along with a manually set gateway address to route internet signals through the host computer rather through the router I am new to Windows and have not been able to set up the client to see or share files between the host and client when connected by wireless When connected by a LAN connection to the router I can see both computers and share files between them but have not been able to connect to the internet The Win machine can connect directly to RESNET and access the internet that way but the incoming signal averages about which is far below the level needed for acceptable use I will welcome Solved: Unable to share Internet Access - Windows 7 any suggestions for setting up this machine nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Dear friends I need some help on adding an additional computer to a home network At present access a wireless to Inability through router share internet I have a Netgear WGR Wireless Router Two computers are connected Inability to share internet access through a wireless router to it The main computer Inability to share internet access through a wireless router a desktop is a Pentium IV Ghz computer connected via an Dlink NIC card The second computer a Fujitsu laptop Ghz Mb computer is connected wirelessly to the router Both computers can see each other fine and can connect to the internet with no problems The problem came up when I added another computer to the set up It is a Celeron based computer with a Realtek NIC card I coonected it via the NIC card to the same router It is able to see the two other computers in the network The main problem is the internet access For some reason when I connected the third computer my internet access through the main computer is pretty much gone I can t access the internet The third computer can t seem to access the internet also When I detach the lan cable from the third computer from the router the main computer accesses the internet normally Question What things should I be checking on the a router settings b third computer settings c main computer settings d Possible conflicts Any help would be highly appreciated Antonio nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Dell Inspiron 700m and have recently developed problems accessing the internet. I have always used a Netgear wireless card RangeMax WPN511. Now I get "limited or not connectivity" when I choose my network but if I choose wifi network I can log on and access the internet..
I have disabled the firewall thinking that it may be the culprit but no luck.
Any suggestions?

A:No internet access but strong signal and can access via Wifi

I'm confused. What is this "wifi" you're selecting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-but-strong-signal-and-can-access-via-wifi.769878/
Relevancy 58.91%

my laptop wont connect to a wired or wireless network in my house. its an acer aspire 5741 series. the other laptop that im using to write this connects to the modem with no problems. all mobiles are connecting fine aswell. is my computer broke?

A:no internet access wired and wireless-windows 7 acer aspire 5741 series

can we see an ipconfig /all from the faulty PC
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
all the text will now be highlighted
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-wired-and-wireless-windows-7-acer-aspire-5741-series.1070079/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Experts,
I am using Windows 7 PC, I want to connect the LAN with internet and WiFi with a Television to display the statistics of a particular process software. I could connect individually but I would like your help to connect both LAN and WiFi private network at same time. Request your kind help thank you!

A:Connect LAN to internet and WiFi with seperate device

You have two different networks configured?

My home LAN (wired and wifi) is all the same network. Devices connected by ethernet and wifi can all see each other.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connect-lan-to-internet-and-wifi-with-seperate-device-1143985.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Basically the internet connection on my PC will freeze when my mobile phone (HTC Desire) connected to the same network via WIFI is near the pC. If I remove the phone into another room the connection un freezes. If I switch the connection on the phone to the mobile network the problem never arises!
Its very odd and not a massive issue but I`d like to get to the bottom of it!

Thanks
4T

Relevancy 58.05%

I am trying to establish a household network sharing internet, printer and files.

The players
Main computer desktop XP Pro
Theater PC desktop Vista Premium
Old Laptop XP Pro
New Laptop Vista Home Basic
Linksys G router

I have been able to get the entire community to share the internet. I have gotten printer sharing to work on all but the new Vista laptop. I can not get any of the remote computers to access any files. I can get to the shared files folder on the main computer from the Theater computer but I am denied access when I try to open the shared folder.

Any suggestions on how to work this out?

Thanks

A:Solved: WIFI Networking, Sharing internet works, print sharing is spotty, can't share

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-networking-sharing-internet-works-print-sharing-is-spotty-cant-share.762654/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi All I have established a Virtual Wifi Miniport and would like via Internet internet miniport Virtual Wifi sharing access drops to share my laptops internet via the Miniport Whenever I connect my android phone with this access point it works perfectly for a few minutes and then all of a sudden there is Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access no internet on the phone The phone remains connected to the laptop hotspot Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access but the internet access is no more there Now at this point if I Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access disconnect the connection between my phone and the hotspot and then again try to reconnect back again it wont even connect The phone will keep on searching and shows connecting status but can never connect I have tried all sorts of softwares connectify virtual router intel mywifi and even tried to create a hotspot from the cmd using netsh command All the hotspots work in the exact same way intially works perfect but maybe after half an hour internet is gone I have completed all the steps properly even changed the settings in the laptop adapter with interet access to allow other networks to connect but nothing seems to work I have a Windows Machine and my wireless adapter is Intel R Centrino R Wireless N- and the drivers are up to date according to windows I know that its a problem with my laptop OS or something because my android phone can connect and remain connected without losing internet to the connectify hotspot in my wifi enabled desktop PC I am breaking my head over this for the past days even formatted my system once but no use Please help if you can please

A:Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access

I guess no one has an answer to this one...my bad luck...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196712-internet-sharing-via-virtual-wifi-miniport-drops-internet-access.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I would like to share this new USB printer between both of my XP PCs. I am using an older broadband D-link wired router to connect to the Internet, but it does NOT have a port for the printer. I have read that security is an issue when you make things shareable. Can you help?

A:Share new USB 2.0 HP printer on my wired network

Connect the printer to one of the machines - right click on the printer object and goto Sharing and Security. Share the printer out. Goto the other machine and simply map the share.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/share-new-usb-2-0-hp-printer-on-my-wired-network.12396/
Relevancy 57.62%

My friend had an Epson printer connected to his Windows XP computer and was sharing to two other computers xp amp Vista through his network Because this Epson printer was pretty old he bought a new Canon printer and installed it to his main computer then installed the drivers on the other two computers However although the other two computers show the new printer they are not communicating with it Do I have to create a new virtual printer port for USB for this printer If so how do I do that WIRED a on Network a Share to Printer Trying When I looked Trying to Share a Printer on a WIRED Network at the properties of the Epson printer on the computers before it was un-installed - the Windows XP shows connection through Name of Network Local Port and the Vista machine shows connection through Port USB virtual Printer Port for USB I tried to use the same settings for the new Canon printer and made sure the SHARE PRINTER is active - but again although the printer shows in the printers folder it gives a communication error The main computer prints fine since it is connected through USB directly as was the Epson I tried to be as clear as possible any help that I can get would really be appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Trying to Share a Printer on a WIRED Network

Yammii, On the main computer that has the printer connected, have you gone to Start > Printers & Faxes > and right-clicked the installed printer icon, and clicked the Sharing option, then tag the box to share the printer?

Then did you run the Add Printer Wizard in the other computers (same place as above) to install the available network printer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-share-a-printer-on-a-wired-network.975939/
Relevancy 57.62%

I had this thread going:

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/500080-cant-file-share-between-wireless.html#post3969225

and was getting some good help but then I never heard from anyone again. Can someone help me resolve this problem?
I'm not sure how to link to the previous post so I hope the above like works.
Thanks,
-X-

A:can't share files wireless and wired

The default setting for XP Pro is to require a password for network access. You also need those same accounts and passwords on the host computer.

For example if Computer 2 is trying to access Computer 1, Computer 1 needs to have the same user account and password on it that is being used on Computer 2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-share-files-wireless-and-wired.507660/
Relevancy 57.62%

I can not get file share to work between my wired computers and my wireless computers File share works perfect between the wired computers and works awesome between the wireless computers yet not between the wired and wireless I have searched many forums and several people have the same problem yet & Wireless Wired Share File no one seems to have an answer I have spoke with LinkSys several times yet each time no success in understanding Wired & Wireless File Share the problem I can only speak with support techs who have a language barrier and no seeming understanding of networks just simply reading the que cards I have done the following made sure they are all on the same workgroup I can ping Wired & Wireless File Share all the computers from each computer I have made sure that file share is on for each computer I have made sure that I am not using peer to peer Ipconfig all Since all the computers are using WINXP home the only option is to use the default quot simple file sharing quot note just added I have no rd party firewalls I use only the windows firewall I have tried with it disabled and enabled I am seeking any help to make this happen Using a linksys wrt g-tm router nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

OK,
Computer #1 - laptop with a belkin wireless G pcmcia card, running XP pro

Computer #2 - desktop with kingston NIC, running XP pro.

Router/DSL modem - Qwest 2700hg-d advanced networking DSL modem/router.

Problem: I cannot connect and share files from either computer.

From both computers I CAN:
go online,
ping the other comp,
ping addresses on the www,
see the other machine in the workgroup,

From both computers I CAN'T:
see the network shares in my network places
When I open view workgroup computers the other machine is there but when I click on the icon I get "\\ [comp] not accessible. You might not have oermission to use this network resource. contact......"
and under that is:
"Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer."

Any help on this probles is greatly appreciated in advance!!!

-X-

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi

Might be a stoopid question ...

My XBox360 is wired by ethernet into my home network (via Devolo homeplug behind TV).

My music server (Win7 netbook) is not wired, but on the wireless network.

Can I get the XBox to "see" the media folders on the netbook (to play music etc.) using this setup or do I have to have both clients on the same wireless network ?

The Xbox automatically disconnects from the wireless network when ethernet is used.

thanks

A:Can wired network device speak to wireless device ?

Are your wireless and wired networks on the same router? In other words how are they connected to each other?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210486-can-wired-network-device-speak-wireless-device.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey everyone, sorry if this is in wrong area.

So today I bought a secondhand computer. It's a Toshiba Satelite L875D-S7230.

When I connect it to my home wifi it connects no problem and says 'internet access' when I hover over the icon. However when I open open google chrome or internet explorer and type in a site, it takes a little while then says this page cannot be displayed or this web page is unavailable.

The guy I bought it from says he had no issues. And I know it's not the internet because I'm using the internet to post this from phone.
I've tried a few ideas that worked for other people on other forums like using cmd box but to no avail.

Has anyone got any idea why the computer is being such a turd?? Can anyway give advice on how to fix the problem? Thank you all so much!

A:Connected to wifi, PC says 'internet access' but can't browse internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-pc-says-internet-access-but-cant-browse-internet.1131623/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I looked through the tutorials Wired to Share Wireless Router to 7) a Connection (XP a and didn't see anything quite like this so I'm wondering what needs to be done to get this working I had C X internet hooked to my modem had the modem hooked to my wired router and the router distributing the internet to my desktop and two xboxs and my laptop was just picking up free wireless internet much faster than what i was paying for So I canceled my C X subscription and I'm wondering this can I receive wireless internet for free on my laptop then send this signal via ethernet cable to my router and have the router distribute the signal to my desktop pc and my xboxs i'll attach a picture of what i'm talking about if you need it Share a Wireless Connection to a Wired Router (XP to 7) the laptop is winxp sp and the desktop is win x ultimate i ran the internet connection sharing wizard on the laptop on the wireless connection and went to use the usb drive to configure the windows but it says 'netsetup exe is not a valid win application' so i'm not sure where to go from here in the network map on ultimate it lists the desktop the switch the gateway and the xboxes but it says no internet if there's already a link i missed or someone who's done this successfully please let me know thank you

A:Share a Wireless Connection to a Wired Router (XP to 7)

Are you saying you are using someone elses internet access so you cancelled yours? Do they know you are using it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/149249-share-wireless-connection-wired-router-xp-7-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

OS- windows vista 32-bits

Control Panel -> Network & Sharing center
Network discovery ON
File Sharing ON
Public folders Sharing ON
Password protected sharing ON
Media Sharing ON

Window firewall turned OFF
McAffee firewall turned OFF

Case 1: Connect to LAN using wireless connection (network type= private)
I can open the windows share, look at the list of shared folders & open them.

Case 2: Switch from Wireless to Wired LAN connection (network type= private)
I can open the windows share, look at the list of shared folders. But can NOT open any shared folder. Does anyone know why this may be happening? As far as I can say all is equal between the two networks. I have opened up appropriate ports on the router as well.

All I am doing is change from Wireless to Wired connection. Everything else is equal. I want to switch to wireless to improve file transfer speeds.

A:windows share doesnt work over wired lan

Here is a network trace from wireshark. I keep seeing re-transmissions for the packet highlighted below. Eventually the request times out at the client end.

139 23.780789000 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.4 SMB 160 Tree Connect AndX Request, Path: \\192.168.1.4\USERS
140 23.781413000 192.168.1.4 192.168.1.2 SMB 124 Tree Connect AndX Response
141 23.787286000 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.4 SMB 154 Trans2 Request, FIND_FIRST2, Pattern: \*
144 23.988441000 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.4 SMB 154 [TCP Retransmission] Trans2 Request, FIND_FIRST2, Pattern: \*
145 24.073991000 192.168.1.4 192.168.1.2 SMB 124 [TCP Retransmission] Tree Connect AndX Response

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/302621-windows-share-doesnt-work-over-wired-lan.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My internet stopped working for all the softwares but Google Chrome. I searched some solutions online but I ended up making the situation worse and now I can't even connect to the wifi.
Basically I put the password and it connects, but the wifi icon has the yellow exclamation mark and it says "Unidentified network, no internet access".

I already tried uninstalling the network adapters from the Device Manager.. What should I do?

Thank you!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69015-no-internet-access-my-wifi.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a modem/router that let's me access internet in a laptop or cellphone through wifi but in PC connected directly to network there seems to be a DNS issue or something that loads a page 1 out of 100 times and getting worse every day until no page will load for hours or take a huge time to load. Tried a lot of methods but none made a difference. flushdns and other commands, winsockspfix, edited and changed registry keys winsock and winsock2 with ''correct" ones. Rebooted modem but issue is on PC only and perfect on wifi as a matter of fact i'm on the Wifi connection at this time. Im new at techguy so sorry if there is any mistake with this post.

Relevancy 56.33%

I own a HP Envy J-007TX, and it is showing limited access to my mobile hotspot, I tried few steps from forum but it ain't working, also I tried to trouble shoot its shows "Wifi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. Please help me I have urgent work to do. Thanks in advance.

A:No internet access on wifi

conect your ethernet cablego to control panel-device manager-network adapteryour network adapter-Right clik and update it- disable it-enable it.take the cable off and reconnect with you wifiStart-Control Panel-Windows FirewallAllow a program or feature-remove Bonjourreboot computer

Please click ?Accept as Solution ? if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click the ?Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say ?Thanks? for helping.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-access-on-wifi/td-p/5757067
Relevancy 56.33%

There are our laptops being used in this house, one of which (Dell Inspiron) won't connect to the WiFi. It also has a habit of shutting down. There is no WiFi problem with the other three. I have tried Googling the problem but nothing of much use was found.

Help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

A:Can't access WiFi or internet. Help please.

Really silly question - but the wi-fi on this Inspiron is enabled ?  Surprising how often the obvious gets overlooked.

Go into 'Device Manager' and look for any yellow exclamation marks against your wi-fi adapter - click 'Start - RIGHT click on 'Computer' - click 'Properties' - click Device manager in the top left hand corner'. You will see an item 'Network adapters' with a + beside it. Click on the '+' to expand it and you should see your wi-fi adapter listed. If it has any sort of mark against it, double click on it and see if you can find any info on the problem. In any case, make a note of the maker and model. Problems in this area are usually caused by the drivers. Uninstall the drivers for it, and on another computer, go to the Dell web-site and download the wi-fi drivers for your Inspiron, copy them to some convenient location on the faulty computer then install them. Re-boot, and with any luck your wi-fi will be working again.

It is possible that the wi-fi unit itself has failed. If it is not physically built into the motherboard it may be possible to replace it with a new one. But the simplest and cheapest solution I have found is to use an external USB wi-fi dongle. These are widely available and fairly cheap, starting at under £UK 20 and going up.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544914/cant-access-wifi-or-internet-help-please/
Relevancy 56.33%

My wireless connection is working, I even have packets sent and received, but Internet explorer "cannot find server or DNS error". Do you know what happens, and can you help me to solve this problem?

A:WiFi, but not Internet access

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-but-not-internet-access.582486/
Relevancy 56.33%

I would have liked to post on http://forums.techguy.org/networking/873495-solved-can-use-ethernet-but.html as I have a similar problem. My laptop allows me to connect to the wifi, but does not allow me to connect to the internet(can use ethernet but not wireless).
However, I have :

PING <computer_IP_address> as 10.0.0.1

PING <default_gateway_address> as 10.0.0.2

PING <dns_servers> as 10.0.0.2

When pinging these addresses the results are similar to:

Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.254:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

and yet I it still does not connect. Had just got my Dell inspirion n5110 laptop yesterday.

My smartphone (xperia x10) also connects to the wifi, but isnt allowed to use the internet. Can I please get some help?

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello mates internet ( but in access) internet with not no wifi Connect I seem to having a problem with my internet connection but only in one of my PCs i can connect with my Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) wifi to the modem but then it says lt lt no internet access gt gt and when i openmy browser opera it says Networking error note the other computer Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) works fine can anyone give me a hand here cheers C Users costas gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name costas-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -DE- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D-F - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f a d c ef f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e d d ced c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - C- - - D-BA-AA-E - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA-AA-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D ADD-D DF- -A -E B CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - AEF- AB -BE -ADCA FBA A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B - - A E-A -A E DE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users costas gt nbsp

A:Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access)

Can you connect successfully by ethernet?

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-with-wifi-but-not-in-internet-no-internet-access.1062660/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi My laptop is connected to the WIFI Router I have the right says WIFI, Access' but Internet Connected to 'No password and everything The internet is sometimes working normally but then sometimes it Connected to WIFI, but says 'No Internet Access' stops functioning properly The little ' bars' symbol has a small yellow triangle Connected to WIFI, but says 'No Internet Access' next to it Connected to WIFI, but says 'No Internet Access' and when I hover over it it say's my Network Name and then quot No Internet Acess quot What could this be Why And how can I fix this Thanks P S Just before one of you asks when I type ipconfig all into CMD this is what appears Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Garlotch gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Garlotch-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - -B -BE-CF-BE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Net work Adapter Physical Address -B -C -E - D-CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday May p m Lease Expires Tuesday June p m Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- -B - -A -BE-CB- E- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -B -C -E - D-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EA CA -C D - A A- -CC DAD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D C -D - F E-A -F E E B A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - F - -B CE- A CAB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Connected to WIFI, but says 'No Internet Access'

What happens if you try to use the normal dns and not googles, also try "ipconfig /flushdns". Also under network and sharing center click the red X and see if it just resets the network adapter and fixes it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/370026-connected-wifi-but-says-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Have strong WiFi signal but will not connect to Internet nor access web pages

A:WiFi strong, No Internet access

go to " network and connections " , tap on the connection you are having trouble with and then click on "diagnose this connection" and it should solve and or tell you what to do

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-strong-No-Internet-access/td-p/5836717
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello here are gets off Wifi internet wont access to allow cut the two logs that boopme asked that I submit to this forum Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t virus-wont-let-me-on-internet OB He has been working with me for several days trying to get rid of this nasty virus I have followed all of the instructions and was told to run OTL and post the two logs ThanksJ OTL logfile created on PM - Run OTL by OldTimer - Version Folder C Documents and Settings Jason My DocumentsWindows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack Version - Type NTWorkstationInternet Explorer Version Locale Country United States Language ENU Date Format M d yyyy Gb Total Physical Memory Gb Available Physical Memory Memory free Gb Paging File Gb Available in Paging File Paging File freePaging file location s C pagefile sys binary data SystemDrive C SystemRoot C WINDOWS ProgramFiles C Program FilesDrive C Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFSDrive D Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type UDFE Drive not present or media not loadedF Drive not present or media not loadedG Drive not present or media not loadedH Drive not present or media not loadedI Drive Wifi gets cut off wont allow access to internet not present or media not loaded Computer Name JADOBCurrent User Name JasonLogged in as Administrator Current Boot Mode NormalScan Mode Current userCompany Name Whitelist OnSkip Microsoft Files OnFile Age DaysOutput StandardQuick Scan Processes SafeList PRC - ---- M OldTimer Tools -- C Documents and Settings Jason My Documents OTL exePRC - ---- M Nokia -- C Program Files Nokia Nokia Ovi Suite NokiaOviSuite exePRC - ---- M Nokia -- C Program Files Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exePRC - ---- M Nokia -- C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exePRC - ---- M Nokia -- C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclUSBSrv exePRC - ---- M Nokia -- C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exePRC - ---- M -- C Program Files Common Files Nokia NoA nokiaaserver exePRC - ---- M Safer-Networking Ltd -- C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C WINDOWS explorer exePRC - ---- M Google Inc -- C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exePRC - ---- M CyberLink Corp -- C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exePRC - ---- M -- C WINDOWS system lgbpd exePRC - ---- M Adobe Systems Incorporated -- C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exePRC - ---- M RealNetworks Inc -- C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB evntsvc exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exePRC - ---- M Dell Inc -- C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exePRC - ---- M Dell Inc -- C Program Files Dell QuickSet NicConfigSvc exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKEEPER exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZCfgSvc exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin iFrmewrk exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exePRC - ---- M Gteko Ltd -- C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync rapimgr exePRC - ---- M SigmaTel Inc -- C WINDOWS stsystra exePRC - ---- M Sonic Solutions -- C WINDOWS system DLA DLACTRLW EXEPRC - ---- M InstallShield Software Corporation -- C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exePRC - ---- M -- C Program Files NetWaiting netwaiting exe Modules SafeList MOD - ---- M OldTimer Tools -- C Documents and Settings Jason My Documents OTL exeMOD - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C... Read more

A:Wifi gets cut off wont allow access to internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319930/wifi-gets-cut-off-wont-allow-access-to-internet/
Relevancy 55.9%

wifi is connected but no internet access

i domain user , proxy is enable
it is blocked

how can i disable proxy server

A:WIfI is connected but no internet access

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-access-1117186.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Help, please. I have a laptop that shows the yellow triangle on the WiFi tray icon. Other devices can connect to the same router without issues.
1) I tried using a wired connection with no success in connecting to the internet.
2) I tested the hardware using Ubuntu LiveUSB and was successful in connecting the laptop to the router.

Below is the output from ipconfig /all is attached.

A:Wifi Connected and No Internet Access

Any yellow marks show in Device Manager? Have you installed the driver for your Wireless and Lan cards/devices?

See here: Product Support | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367788-wifi-connected-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My laptop is a dell1300, windows vista. I was using it at the library friday surfing thr web and it was fine. I put it on hibernate to use the restroom. When i came back, it said it was connected to the wifi but I couldnt get internet access. I tried the wifi on my phone and it was working. Other people seemed to be able to use the internet fine too. I tried restarting my computer and the wifi by turning it off then on and it says its connected but I cant get internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connects-to-wifi-but-no-internet-access.1110157/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys, I have this problem that's been giving me a headache these days... I have a Dell XPS L502x with Intel centrino n6230 in tow.
Well, the laptop was working fine and all but started to have this weird connection drops in my work now and then, I blamed the router. Then it started loosing connection in my home too, it shows that the WiFi is connected and when I hover over the WiFi icon it says "internet access" but whenever I tried to access a webpage it won't connect... I blamed the network adapter and tried reinstalling and reinstalling the drivers and changing settings but none of it worked.
It literally is driving me crazy, but before I refresh the system I wanted to see if you guys can help me out!
Thanks in advance

A:HELP! WiFi connected but cannot access internet!

If you really do have internet access you should be able to ping a DNS server located somewhere outside your network. open a command prompt, Start > run > enter "cmd" and hit enter. type in "ping 8.8.8.8" if you get a response in replies you know that its technically working and connected to the internet.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62642-help-wifi-connected-but-cannot-access-internet.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys,

Bought my new Sony Vaio today that of course came with Windows 8. I have completed the setup and installed Norton 360 and Office and tried (unsuccessfully) to uninstall McAfee. Now when i boot up the computer the WI-FI connects (with a full, four bar connection) however, when i try and open IE or the store, I get a connection issue saying there is no internet access.

I am using the same Wi-fi network to post this on this forum, so it seems the issue must be on the Vaio side, what do you guys suggest?

A:WIFI Connected but no internet access

Can you connect by ethernet?

Why can't you uninstall McAfee? Did it get all tangled up with Norton? Tried the McAfee Removal Tool?

If/when you need to uninstall Norton Symantec has the Norton Removal Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access.1077047/
Relevancy 55.9%

wifi is connected but no internet access

i domain user , proxy is enable
it is blocked

how can i disable proxy server

A:WIfI is connected but no internet access

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-1117186.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Can anyone help me with my problem please. I have a netbook N150 on Windows 7 and have free wifi at home which was working fine until a few days ago. Now it says that it's connected but there is no internet access and will not connect to a homegroup either anymore which it was set on before.
Since this I have been able to connect at my mother in laws house with her wifi.
My partner has a laptop on Windows XP and the same has happened to his.
Any suggestions please?? Thank you.

A:Wifi connected but no internet access!!

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

What is the source of your Wifi? You need to contact whoever administrates the connection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access-833986.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Someone help me please cannot access but can cable LAN wifi internet My It s urgent Windows IP Configuration Host Name kent-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description My wifi cannot access internet but LAN cable can Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - -A -AF- - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR WB- NG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -CA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e b ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - C- - - -CA- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CB C E- EC - E - CD- BE B CDC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AA FDD -F C - BD - D -CEDB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My wifi cannot access internet but LAN cable can

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-cannot-access-internet-but-lan-cable-can.203495/