Windows Support Forum

Graphics Card Issue

Q: Graphics Card Issue

I am new to upgrading my PC, but I have some experienced friends and I have stumped them all with my issue. I installed a new MSI Twin Frozr III R7850 graphics card in my HP Pavillion Desktop, I have a PCIe x16 2.0 and the card uses 3.0, however from research that should not be my problem. I installed the card and two startups in a row I got 8 1 second beeps. On the third startup however I got nothing, it just started up, no picture and obviously not loading any programing, but no beeping. I have tried the HDMI and DVI ports that the graphics card uses and I still have nothing. My computer, however, runs perfectly fine when I do not have this new graphics card powered. Am I doing something wrong, or is my card just dead?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Graphics Card Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Graphics Card Issue

Well ill go through a few basic things:

First did you hook up both 6 pin connectors?

Second what video card was installed previously, if it was NVidia, did you remove the previous drivers.

Third, have you tried different slots on the motherboard for testing, also does the motherboard have onboard video.

Try these solutions and lets go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue.198865/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello forum So I just updated my Nvidea graphics card and for some reason after restarting my laptop in order to install these files to the system the quot System Thread Exception Not Handled quot BSOD card Issue? Graphics issue/Avast Blue screen error flashed on my screen and later redirected me to an automatic repair screen which attempted to fix this issue I ended up restarting the laptop on safe mode uninstall my Nvidea graphics card and completely reinstall it from scratch But for some BSOD Graphics card issue/Avast Issue? reason it keeps giving me the same error each time I restart my laptop After some research online apparently there's an issue with Avast and Nvidea You will find attached the SF Diagnostic Tool grab all option files needed to view the issue at hand Any help would greatly be helpful Many are saying that I've not been installing the corrent drivers but that's not possible as it's directly from the MSI website GT NE linked to the official Nvidea website saying that the driver includes my graphics card M While other people are saying that maybe Avast is causing some issue towards the graphics card I have the Avast Professional Antivirus Laptop Specs Windows MSI Dragon Edition GT NE Intel Core i - QM CPU GHz bit NVIDIA GeForce GTX M Intel HD Graphics Any help would greatly be appreciated I'm currently running my laptop without the nVidea Graphics Card Drivers and seems to be fine so far Regards Ic d

A:BSOD Graphics card issue/Avast Issue?

This appears to be a duplicate topic
The other one is here: BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled Error/Nvidea Card

I responded to the other one.
You may want to PM a staff member to have this one deleted (to prevent confusion)

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51750-bsod-graphics-card-issue-avast-issue.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys i ve got a problem reboot issue graphics and issue NVIDIA card with my toshiba qosmio g I reboot issue and graphics card issue NVIDIA ve had it running sweet on xp and i recently upgraded it to vista ultimate lite It for some reason won t read my graphics card geforce it says the best driver is already installed for you called standard graphics adapter but thats wrong so i can t play games so im gonna put it back to xp but to do that is a mission this laptop has raid harddrives so I need to install a driver so i press f or whatever it is can t remember to enter the menu thing this is at the blue screen before you enter the partition menu it comes up with something like quot please enter you manufactuers disk into the A quot but i don t have a floppydrive built in to be able i ve tryed usb floppydrivebut it doesn t read as A so can use on of them I ve heard about useing nlite to put the drivers in a cd with the rebootstuff but i can t getit to read the drivers too it was easy enough going to vista as you could insert a flash drive with drivers on it Please help me fix this or ill have to take it into a shop and pay them nbsp

A:reboot issue and graphics card issue NVIDIA

Do you have AHCI or RAID as an option to select in BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reboot-issue-and-graphics-card-issue-nvidia.918232/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I was hoping someone could help with the following problem I initially had a problem running Empire Total War game on my pc my graphics card seemed to shut itself down and so I replaced it after being advised to do so on this website I installed my new graphics card which runs like a dream The problem is when ever I switch my computer on it starts up in bit mode I then have to Graphics issue, perhaps card change this manually Even more perplexing is that after changing to bit or above when I start up my ETW game it resets everything to bit and as a result the game wont start I then have to come out of the game and reset it to bit while the game is running From then on it runs fine but inevitably have to go through the whole process Graphics card issue, perhaps again when I Graphics card issue, perhaps either switch on my computer or boot up the game again Other games that are not run through steam seem to be fine although problem with steam does not explain why when my computer boots up its in bit Many thanks for any support offered nbsp

A:Graphics card issue, perhaps

What video card is it that you have purchased?

Did you make sure to uninstall the previous video drivers and then install the newest drivers from NVidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issue-perhaps.825903/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I have a problem with what I think is my graphics card It started yesterday when I tried to play GTA San andreas however the menu was completely black with grey boxes where the buttons usually are So this morning I tried restarting to no avail After the restart I tried to play Rainbow six issue Graphics card vegas The game started up fine but the menu buttons shows boxes instead of writing and all objects simply had a white texture I also tried ghost recon advanced warfighter and killing floor after rainbow six and these worked I then tried a Graphics card issue system restore I recently had my computer reformatted and so restored to the earliest date however this did not fix Graphics card issue the problem and now no games work Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter although working before now runs fine however everything is dark and the textures are messed up I have also tried updating directX to c however it seems as though it is already up to date My graphics card is an Radeon Mobility HD Im not sure what do do so any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issue.1005300/
Relevancy 58.48%

I just built a new work computer (MB: TA785G3, Graphics card: HD 4670) and I cannot get the video card to work. Now the MB does have a onboard card which might be causing the issue. I have tried disabling it both in windows and the bios. In the bios I think I am doing it right (I don't see and specific how to in the mb manual). I am going to chipset, northbridge config, internal graphics config, and then internal graphics mode I switch from UMA to disable. When I do disable this in bios and reset my MB does a number of beeps which translate to a display memory error. I don't know if in device manager under display adaptors if I should be seeing the card anyway, but I only see the onboard card listed. Also the card is getting power or at least the fan on it is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issue.895634/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello My name is Jon Im new to these forums and they looked like a good place to ask my question Ok here is the deal My dell XPS came with Dual Nvidia 's mb I swaped both out for ATI Raedeon X XTX I reformated before i did so So windows found the Issue Card Graphics ATI card but it couldnt get drivers for it So I put the ATI cd in and installed the catalyst drivers and software Everything is working great But windows is still finding Nvidia hardware Like for instance Nvidia SMBus and Nvidia Graphics Card Issue Media Shield These used to be installed before the reformat Im pretty sure they were just used for the Nvidia cards Graphics Card Issue so I wont need to install them right I mean they would probably not help or actually cause harm if I install them For now I have not installed them and I simply disabled them Graphics Card Issue in the device manager Please tell me if i need to install them or not Im pretty sure I wont cause I dont have the nvidia cards anymore Tell me if im right to keep them disabled Thanks for helping me This already looks like a great forum

A:Graphics Card Issue

If the cards are taken out-then you can disable them and all should be fine.

Andy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/graphics-card-issue-142143.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I've been having some performance issues with my graphics card, NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT, ever since installing Windows 7. When watching movies/shows on certain sites, specifically Hulu.com, and enlarging the video to fullscreen, the videos become choppy.

I was using XP Pro before making the switch and I never had any issues like this before. I'm going out on a limb and thinking that my current card is just not up to par for Windows 7 (especially since that Windows experience rating system has my graphics capability pretty low) and I need to upgrade...again.

Basically, I'm asking for suggestions on what I should be looking at. I'm not a gamer, the most I need out of my video card is to be able to watch movies and videos on my HDTV.

Help?

A:Graphics card issue

If you haven't installed the driver for the card, it'l cause all those things to happen.

The radeon hd 4670 is a pretty solid card for the price. It doesn't use that much power so there's no worry about upgrading your psu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issue.881581/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey I recently replaced my graphics card as the old one died on me It functions properly for the most part however I have to turn the hardware acceleration down to view videos and put it back up to a with issue Graphics Help Card play games If I do not turn it down when I run a video the computer will begin to function extremely slow and it takes about five minutes for me to use quot Help with a Graphics Card issue end task quot I m absolutely positive I have the most update Help with a Graphics Card issue drivers available It s an NVIDIA The previous card was also an NVIDIA and never had this issue but it was much older and less powerful I ll give you guys the specs Name NVIDIA GeForce PNP Device ID PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS F E amp REV A amp C AC amp amp Adapter Type GeForce NVIDIA compatible Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce Adapter RAM MB bytes Installed Drivers nv disp dll Driver Version INF File oem inf nv NV x section Color Planes Color Table Entries Resolution x x hertz Bits Pixel I m running it on Windows XP but this also occurred on Windows when I tested it My guess is that it is not loving my motherboard or processor Sadly I m not certain of the make on the motherboard I think it s a AMD-SiS but I m only about sure on that The processor is an quot x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz quot or so the system info says Any advice on how to get it so I don t have to keep turning the hardware acceleration up and down would be awsome It s not a crucial problem but it is very annoying Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys i have come across a problem that i have never come across before.

I have a Radeon 9250 TV-Out card and when I flick the TV over so that i see my desktop it works perfect. When i try to watch a movie if the movie is an avi file all i get is a blank screen on my TV but it can be seen on the monitor. If i try any other type of movie IE mpeg it can be viewed on the tv aswell as the monitor.

I have tried a Gforce FX5200 and it worked perfect without any problems its just this radeon.

I was wondering if anyone could help me please?

Thanks
Mick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issue.624816/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I have a aspire 1430G desktop that has an AMD E-450 APU and I recently upgraded the PSU to support my also recently gained Gigabyte GT610. When I place the GT610 into its PCI slot and turn it on I get a black screen that says no input detected. When I remove the graphics card my computer runs like normal, and now im stuck with not a clue in the world of what to do to get the GT610 to work with my desktop. Any suggestions of what to do?

A:Graphics card issue with a APU

Are you connecting the monitor to the card? In order for the card to work the monitor must be connected to a port on the card.

If not the reason for the black screen is the integrated graphics is disabled when installing a dedicated graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-with-a-apu.198893/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone
i bought an asus m2a-vm motherboard and it works fine with the onboard graphics but when i try to use my 6600gt in the pci express slot i just get a black screen and no signal.
Any help would be much appreciated...thanks

Relevancy 58.48%

Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered I get that issue.. card Graphics alot since and it's been a couple of weeks now Everytime I play a game and the graphics card reaches - degrees a black screen appears and stays for around seconds and then everything is back to normal I downloaded riva tuner to make my fan spin faster on my Geforce Gt I Graphics card issue.. pretty much need to have the fans running at around to keep my graphics card under degrees This wouldn't be a problem if it made no noise but after a few weeks of just hearing that fan I can't stand it anymore I opened my case on the side to let in more air and nothing really changes I used a can of compressed air to remove all the dust and nothing has changed Is there anything I can do instead of buying a new card I can provide pictures of the inside of my computer if needed Help would be greatly appreciated

A:Graphics card issue..

opening the side of the case will attract more dust outside by all the fans you have. And yes please provide pictures. Also after looking on google the 9800Gt has some heat issues. And check this out (You are experiencing TDR's

TDR's can be cause by Driver conflicts on your system or bad drivers, or bad software

They can be caused by USB drivers, Network drivers, ACPI drivers, Adobe drivers, etc
I got this from MS support... they have a list of known problems
of which Nvidia driver could be one of the problems

hardware or software drivers
Corrupt or old DirectX can cause it (update it)
even the software you are running like a game (coded wrong, error in it)...update/patch software.

update your MotherBoard drivers first

Yes, there can be a problem with the driver... Im not discounting that
but most don't have the problem

so you have to look at your system first

A TDR does not mean that a NVida driver is bad)

Lucky last try use river tuner to reduce clocks to 669Mhz

Good luck
(sorry if those dont work)

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/280913-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I had recently bought a ATi Radeon MB DDR PCI Video Graphics Issue Card Card Graphics Card Issue online to Graphics Card Issue play a game on my computer First when I put it in a slot the resolution was low and everything was huge and when I tried to change the resolution in the control panel it didn t change anything Then I installed the software that came with it thinking that might solve the problem and once it got done it asked me to restart So I restarted and then it went past the computer loading screen then got stuck on a black screen and it wouldn t get passed it So I opened up my computer and put it in a different slot this time it started up got to my desktop and everything was still huge but my start bar was gone Restarted again same deal The card came with a cord one end hooks up to the card and the other has a yellow head Looks like those cords you would plug into your TV Red Yellow and White But I have no idea where that would plug into inside my computer maybe thats the problem Any suggestions My Computer Specs are Windows XP - Home Edition RAM GHz Processor nbsp

your card has an rca plug?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue.108863/
Relevancy 58.48%

ATI Radeon 9600XT SLOW PERFORNAMCE PROBLEM

right, hello people...

I have recently installed a ATI Radeon 9600XT from a mate. I used to have a Nvidia Geforce MX440 SE with 128MB.

After installing the new card, my performance dropped. On CS i am now constantly getting 30fps, i have done all the ingame tweeks and nuting seems to work. DOwnloaded omega drivers aswell as ATI.

Looking in my devices my graphics card is displayed as Unknown > ATI Radeon 9600XT however apperantly there are primary and secondary cards. I only have one installed :/
Looking at benchmarks it's performing at under 50% than it should be

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated

Regards

A:ATI graphics card issue

Did you uninstall the old nVidia drivers before putting in the ATI card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-graphics-card-issue.37586/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi apologies if this is in the wrong section of the graphics issue? card Possible forum I was wondering if anybody knowledgeable could help me I've had this issue on my home computer for some time I actually gave up Possible graphics card issue? on it at one point and bought myself a laptop But I've just started a new business and I'm in need of a working computer for the office I'll attach some pics It started doing this some time ago sometimes it totally crashes and sometimes it doesn't A friend reckons it may be the graphics card and If i install a new one it might solve my issues But i was looking to get some advice before i fork out the money on a new one as it wouldn't be the first time he's been wrong bless him Any advice on what you think may be causing the problem in the pics would be greatly appreciated IIRC back at the start it said there was an issue with the drivers which i tried to resolve with no luck Thanks in advance Ben

A:Possible graphics card issue?

What is the make and model# of your computer/motherboard/video card?
Do you plug the monitor into a dedicated video card? or do you plug it into the onboard VGA?
Go to the manufactures support/download drivers site and type in your make and model # and download the Video driver for your card.
If that doesn't help, and you have onboard VGA, you can remove the Video card and plug into your onboard VGA slot. If that works and you need more intensive graphics, you then can buy another video card, or you can just use the onboard VGA

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/possible-graphics-card-issue-876233.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello obvious first time poster but im hoping some of you may be of assistance to my problem Recently i upgraded my Hp Pavillion ca s gigs of ram to gigs everything has run smoothly until a Card Graphics Possible Issue few days ago when it froze while i was Possible Graphics Card Issue playing World of Warcraft i figured no big deal probably a graphics card issue its happened to me before so i checked my updates and sure enough a new driver was avalible through windows update so i update it and try WoW again runs smoothly for a while then locks again from here my problem escalates and the computer locks with the slightest use of graphics power its gotten to the point now where i cant even start the computer instead of loading screens i get weird colored bars running vertically along the screen that start to fade from the bottom right corner and work to the top left eventually leaving my with a black screen unfortunately the problem is a little deeper however occasionally i can get it to load the last time i thought i Possible Graphics Card Issue had corrected the problem i ran S T A L K E R to test it and it ran for a while but died again Ultimately I hope i can recover my hard drive and wipe the Possible Graphics Card Issue computer but any ideas before i take that step would be appreciated nbsp

A:Possible Graphics Card Issue

Sounds like the video card is dieing or overheating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-graphics-card-issue.119397/
Relevancy 58.48%

Okay so i left my memtest86+ running for the whole weekend, hit 30 passes without throwing a single error. The issue is that i get a windows explorer error as soon as my PC loads, my next port of call is the graphics card and someone suggested running my pc in safe mode with networking and disabling the graphics. My question is how do i go about disabling my graphics card?

A:Graphics Card the issue?

Damo0o I don't usually refer to other forums but I saw this and think it might be of help to you.

Can I disable video cards? If "yes," How do I do it? - Tech Support Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/274993-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hi im having graphics card issues i purchased a nividia 630 2 days ago and since then ive had a nightmare ive tried absolutely everything i can to try and get this to work but it keeps freezing my pc on the loading windows screen ive spoken to nividia and my pc supplier and they all say that it should work please help i have also changed my psu from 350 to 600 watts

A:graphics card issue

With the card installed are you able to access safe mode? If it locks up in safe mode I would return the card. Does your motherboard have onboard video and have you disabled it?

If you have another PC you can test with you can try the card in that machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/graphics-card-issue-786122.html
Relevancy 58.48%

tryed to install a new graphics card on my pc to no avail. anytime i put the card in the pci slot the screan turns black. i have a 400 w power supply so thats not an issue. also if i leave the monitor plugged into the pc output the monitor goes in power safe mode. if i plug it in to the back of the card it shows up the card info and bios but monito goes blank after. could this be the onboard graphics card interfering??

have you put the graphics card into the slot properly and installed the drivers for it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issue.832972/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello! I own a HP Pavillion 550-153w (Dec.2015) with the 4th Generation i3, A few days after getting the computer, we tried putting at GT 545 (1.53GB VRAM), After putting the card in to the system, we booted it up, but the monitor would not get a signal, but the card had power. We tried it on my old computer, it booted right up. We even tried a GT 450, no signal to the monitor, but the card had power, we STILL had trouble when we upgraded the PSU to 500W. If anyone can help solve this, Thanks in advance!

A:Graphics card Issue

Hi: Did you change the required BIOS settings before installing your new video card? You have to enable legacy mode and disable secure boot. Please see this link below for additional info. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653200/ Did you also uninstall the current video card adapter and driver in the device manager before installing your new video card?  If not, that could also be a root cause of your current dilemma.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Graphics-card-Issue/td-p/5814249
Relevancy 58.48%

I am looking for a new graphics card.

My mother board:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00864946&lc=en&cc=us#N189

would XFX Nvidia GeForce 8500GT PCI Express x16 2.0
work - notice the 2.0 part.
Would any PCI Express X16 + the 2.0 bit work?
I need to know ASAP!

Thanks Techguy, you are always my first and last resort.

A:Graphics card issue.

yes backward compatable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issue.957956/
Relevancy 58.48%

I bought this dimension 8400 from a friend but cannot determine the graphics card type. its an external card, but everything says unavaile and cant find drivers. i was able to use ms dos to determine its by ati, but i cant determine any model numbers or anything else. i even pulled the card out and wrote down numbers and stuff. what exactly do i need to do???

Relevancy 58.48%

Mohterboard ASUS M N -D Monitor Samsung SyncMaster T HD DVI or HDMI Monitor Samsung SyncMaster aw DVI Old Card HIS Radeon dont remember which New Card HIS Radeon OS Windows -I press the power button on my computer -Everything in the case turns on Including the new graphics card -The fan on the card whirs up to a ridiculously issue graphics new with Having an card. high speed but i do not get a picture on either of my monitors no startup screen bios or anything -The monitors both sit in standby mode and the graphics card fan continues to spin at a high speed I have gotten everything to Having an issue with new graphics card. start up and run nicely without any issues once or twice but if I turn the computer off and back on I run into the same issue If I reinstall the old card everything works fine of course and it works fine if I run an HDMI cable to the on-board GPU I ve tried quite a few things already to resolve the issue but none of them thus far has worked -Uninstalling on-board GPU drivers -Uninstalling old graphics drivers -Installing the new drivers for new card did this one of the times it actually worked -All manner of cable setups one monitor either dvi slot two monitor etc -Checked all connections to make sure they are secure -Both PCI-E slots on the motherboard -Configuring the BIOS to not run the on-board GPU I m not sure if i did this correctly but i went back and set everything back how it was My limited knowledge is telling me that for some reason or another the motherboard is not recognizing that I have the card installed in the computer Again I have gotten the card to work perfectly for an extended period of time without any issues but when I restart the computer it reverts back to the same problem If anyone can help me figure out what is wrong i would greatly appreciate that nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all. I'm having issues with my graphics card. Everything on my computer runs fine unless I try to play a game. When I do, my computer either says I need to update my driver, get a new graphics card, or that Direct3D isn't working. So in an attempt to find out what was wrong, I ran DXDIAG and found that under the display tab it shows no device, all the specifications say "n/a," and it says my device isn't compatible with Direct3D (which I know it is, or was anyway). Why won't it show my graphics card? I'm pretty sure I have an nVidia GeForce, but I'm not sure. I think if I can solve this problem and update the graphics driver I can get Direct3D working again. Thanks to all who reply.

Relevancy 58.48%

my problem started with my monitor burning out my internal graphics chip. my srceen says there is no input.so i was told from someone on this web page to just buy a graphics card(witch i did nvidia geforce 8600 gt)put it in and it would automaticly overide the original graphics chip.well i did all that and my monitor still wont work.i dont no if its because i need to download the driver for it or what.obviosly i cant download the driver or do anything else if i cant see anything.can someone please help.this is only a 1200 dollar pc and i dont want to keep throwing money at it if it cant be fixed.

Relevancy 58.48%

I just recently put Win7 32-bit on a compaq presario 2100. Since then it's been using a standard vga graphics adapter its not easy using a computer with a 640x480 screen. The only driver i have found was on the compaq website and it's only for XP. also i lost my sound too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Graphics card issue

doherty1321, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Which version of the 2100? There is more than a few to choose from,

Compaq Presario 2100 Notebook PC series*-* Download drivers and software - specify product name - HP Business Support Center

The couple that I looked it it doesn't look like there will be much of anything but XP driver for it going from the dates on most of the driver downloads available (2003 and 2004).

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/193755-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 58.48%

My graphics card is a Nvidia 9800GT

using dual monitors

just an hour ago suddnely fuzzy lines appeared on both monitors and computer froze

I restarted, and only one monitor works now (Am guessing because its off the native video driver). The monitor has fuzzy lines on it as it boots, then as windows is booting it has blocks of red/blue vertical lines going across the screen.

when I check display settings it says "VGAsave"

I tried the following, none of which worked:
Played with the cables (nothing changed)
installed latest drivers (nothing changed)
tried a system restore (failed due to "unspecified error")

So what do you think? Is my graphics card dead (I dont want to spend money on new one if thats not the problem)? or could it be some other issue? Anything I can try before buying a new one?

thanks for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issue-please-help.987851/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an nvidia geforce fx5200lp graphics card and after the computer has been on a while the screen starts to flicker and any thing in real player has lines running thru the computer also slows up . When i restart the blue scren has lines all over it is this my graphics card before i get a new one i have tried a different monitor and still the same. The system i am using is a pentium r 4cpu 3.40ghz 3.39ghz 1.00gb of ram using winxp sp2. Is the graphics card i have a cheap version. Thanks for any help

Relevancy 58.48%

I've a HP envy Leap Moton laptop with 8GB RAM and 4GB NVidia GT-750 graphics card,last year my laptops got accidently hit and due to that its hindges broke and needed to be replaced.After that i didn't noticed till now that whenever i play any high-end games my PC starts to Lag and ending me quitting the game.It should happen and also HP's benchmark saying that it is an Extreme Gaming Laptop.Please provide a solution ASAP

Need the precise Product Number or Model number. So the hinges have now been fixed? How did that happen? The GT750 video card is probably not adequate for some higher end games so also please specify the games you are trying to play as there may not be any fix to make your computer run a game beyond its hardware capability. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Graphics-Card-Issue/td-p/5752489
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an ATI Radeon 9700 pro. Every so often, the screen will break up, with lines going up and down, and you can barely make out the screen. When this does happen, it usually starts when I'm playing a game, and it will cause the pc to freeze, or at least appear to freeze. I'll try restarting the pc to solve it, but it will continue, I'll just leave the pc off for awhile and it goes away. I've bought it brand new about 3 years ago, and it started this sometime last year, at first I thought it was the monitor cause its pretty old, but I'm starting to think its the graphics card, maybe someone recognises the symptoms or knows what it is.

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

Recently my friend has complained that his graphics card appears to be acting strange. He recently began playing World of Warcraft again and at times gets odd graphics glitches. Sometimes the display will turn weird colors and / or the display will automatically shut down. Could this be an overheating or dying video card, or do the settings need to be changed? The video card is a nVidia Geforce 6600GT. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the help!

Regards,
Ian

Re-seat the Video card and makesure all fans are working......clean out any dust inside the PC..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issue.549111/
Relevancy 58.48%

I bought a GeForce GT 630 (DDR3) Graphics Card about a month ago. It required at least a 350 watt power supply so I am using a Diablotek DA ATX 600 watt power supply. I have tried many times to use my graphics card but every time I do, horizontal lines come up on the screen. They do not fill up the entire screen but they are more spread out and they are multiple colors but mostly yellow on the startup screen. They seem to erase as you move your mouse over them but they come back even if you do this. It also magnifies the screen and makes everything difficult to use because of the large size. I am not sure if I should get a different Graphics Card or if there is something I can do to fix my problem. Please Help. Thanks

Diablotek absolute trash

your psu needs to be of this quality and a 550w minimum

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139053

check the driver is installed ok

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issue.1112945/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I'm having some issues with my new graphics card (To run TESIV Oblivion near max resolution, and to use in a new build, hopefully soon). I haven't installed it because when I read the manual it said in the "recommended system requirements" that I needed a 450W PSU with a 30A 12V rail. I have this PSU but it only has 18A 12V rails. I was wondering if I would be able to run the graphics card well with only 18A, and if not if someone would be so kind as to point me in the direction of a reasonably cheap, yet reliable, PSU with the necessary Amperage (or however you spell it).

A:Graphics card PSU issue

It might work, but I don't suggest it. Why play around with power? I would suggest a brand like Thermaltake or Antec for a new psu. That card does seem to require quite a bit of amps though :suspiciou !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-psu-issue.66394/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys So i have a vaporX Runs really well and seems to have no issues but with BF and issue card Graphics Skyrim now i think the reason is that only those games push the card So Graphics card issue after playing either for around say min the temps on the card go way up ADA GPU Diode dispIO will show around c GPU Diode MemIO will show around c GPU Diode Shader will show around c this is with the card fan at Now i know these temps arnt bad at least i dont think so but if it gets any higher i think around the card shuts down and display is killed and the card will have fans go to max im assuming its the safety procedure for high temps hitting the peak My MCP north bridge on this MB was causing issues before Zotec but i fixed that and now its only maxing at like c So Either the card is not cooling itself corectly or my case cooling is not good enough or something in between System specs Water cooled CORSAIR CWCH Pentium O C to Ghz Zotac G-E G Ram Sapphire Vapor x Also is there a way to check after the fact of the card computer crashing is there logs somewhere nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

hey im a newb my graphics card is a radeon issue graphics card i upgraded a while back for better gameing for ever crack quest and when i loaded the driver from the disk it woulndt let me play and i had to delete it and now am useing my old driver for the radeon and i graphics card issue get ati message everytime i log on that says i need to upgrade it and delte the old one i think thats what it means so anyway sometime my comp will just turn off in the middle of gameing and i have to reboot or the monitor will turn off and and the computer will restart and i am notice on when windows starts up graphics card issue it haves a loading bar now it never did before and in the middle of restart the monitor will shut off for graphics card issue a second and have the power saveing message and then comeback on back to the graphics card i read that the reason the driver for the isnt compatable with everquest is that it might be my mother board is to old if thats the case whats a good board to look in to nbsp

if u go here http://www.pcfactoryoutlet.com/

and put in emachine as manufacturer and a26ev17f and the comp thats my specs lol except a logic tech laser mouse the readon 9200 and 256 mor memort =)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue.22438/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Any half-demanding game which previously my gfx card had no problem with is now getting lots of errors The best way for me to describe them is as mono-colour shapes often protruding from moving graphics Issue with card objects in the game For example I play a lot of Civ and the workers will often develop long spikes out of their arms stretching right across the screen Or sometimes there are blocks Issue with graphics card of large pixels of different colours Issue with graphics card These issues are annoying but sometimes the issue will make the game unplayable for example sometimes most of the screen will go black or there will be a huge shape emerging from the scenery Below is an example from the Medieval II - Total War Demo I ran HWmonitor and the max temp for my gfx Issue with graphics card card was mid- s which apparently isn t that high Someone else mentioned it might be the GPU and I think that wouldn t be worthwile fixing I ve only had the card eighteen months It wouldn t be the end of the world if I had to get a new one because I want to get one in time anyway I m already struggling to run some of the newest games Crysis and the Call of Honour expansion at least I m rather lazy so if its looking like its not fixable then I might just go ahead and get a new one rather than attempting a series of fixes and or tests Thanks for reading and for all the good advice I know I ll receive nbsp

A:Issue with graphics card

it should solve u're problem to get a better video card, as the 7900 GT is getting to be an old video card and will not run newer games well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-graphics-card.108749/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hopefully someone can help with this issue I am experiencing. I recently had a Powercolor Radeon R9 290 PCS+ OC 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card fitted (I am register blind and cannot fit hardware myself) but every few days I receive a BSOD (please see enclosed screenshots).

The engineer who fitted the card says it is probably a driver issue but I have the latest version on the PC? I have run PC-Doctor Toolbox through the system and it reports no problems? I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it again.

I hope someone can throw some light on this issue.

Many thanks for any/all input
Graham

Hi Graham ... Could be a Driver problem or a faulty Card ... Try the Driver in the Link below ...
Desktop

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/326090-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I've been having a whole bunch of problems with my AMD Radeon HD graphics card and my Dell monitor which I don't know the model of To start off my PC started to overheat Issue Monitor & Card Graphics and shut down every so often so I opened it up and cleaned everything out to my surprise it actually worked While I was cleaning it Monitor & Graphics Card Issue I removed my GPU and removed the dust from the fan as well then I put it back in again Then yesterday morning I woke up and powered on the PC the fans and everything else was working with it However there was no display on the monitor it just kept going into some sort of 'Power Saving' mode I checked the GPU and the fan was working fine but I still thought it was the GPU so I was planning on buying one after Christmas Then just now I remembered that I have a working PC in another room so I hooked it up to the monitor and plugged everything in and powered it on but there was no display on the monitor it just did the same thing and went into the power saving mode again The GPU in this PC is integrated however my new PC is separate So basically I want to know what the problem is and how I should solve it Should I go ahead and buy a new GPU for my PC or should I buy a new monitor Is it the monitor GPU Thank you I hope to get a reply soon

A:Monitor & Graphics Card Issue

Hello HazzaB,

I would be surprised if it was the monitor. The other PC you mentioned connecting it to, does that have it's own monitor? If yes, can you try that monitor on your main PC?

How are you connecting the monitor? VGA or DVI cable? Can you try a different cable?

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/315845-monitor-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 58.05%

First time on these boards hopefully someone here can help me out First things first OS - Vista Windows WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM SP x -bit or x What was original installed OS BSOD new card - issue? graphics on system This one Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system Age of system hardware Bought it last June from newegg - came assembled Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS No CPU AMD Phenom II x GHZ Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX GB DDR v MotherBoard - GA - M MT-S v Power Supply - brand amp wattage BSOD - new graphics card issue? Antec High Current W I recently upgraded my PSU and GPU over christmas break Went fairly smooth except for a few hiccups that a first-time pc builder would experience We can touch on that later if its pertinent In the past few days I've experienced BSODs Never saw them with my earlier hardware Each BSOD - new graphics card issue? one had the Memory Malfunction warning These three occured while playing games Skyrim and Bioshock I followed the posting guide so I hope I'm not missing anything If so let me know Final note I'm very new to this quot in-depth quot of troubleshooting and have no experience in computer programming or anything so please talk to me like an idiot if need be

A:BSOD - new graphics card issue?

Welcome to TSF

There are no mini dump files

so
Click on Start > Right Click on COmputer > Properties > Left hand side Click on Advance system settings > Click on the Advanced tab > On the bottom you will see "Start up and revcovery > Click on Settings in that section > Change the "Write debugging information to "Small memory dump" Also uncheck "Automatically Restart"

Once that is done
I want you to download and run "Driver sweeper" Uninstall the Currently installed Video Drivers
Reboot
Download and Install latest drivers from Nvidia's website for your Graphics card
Run driver verifier for atleast 36 hours to see if there are any other BSODS follow the instructions you have already before posting and post the mini dump files

What is the return policy for your power supply? If its still returnable, i would return and get either XFX, Corsair, or Seasonics power supply 80+ 650w+ ( I would get a 750w 80+)
antec makes the worst power supplies now a days (used to be good long time ago)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-new-graphics-card-issue-623681.html
Relevancy 58.05%

First of all I know this is kind of a big text but please bear with me because i REALLY need some help Thanks Hey There So a couple of months ago i manually shouldnt have lol inserted a new graphics card into my PC and had quite a few troubles putting it in but eventually i made it Now ive been using a DVI to AVG adapter since and since that only makes the part used to connect to the graphic card heavier one simple push to the cable kinda makes the graphic Graphics Issue Strange Card card inside move alittle But anyways my gaming was fine so far even though sometimes out of nowhere my FPS would decrease but it had been decent now yesterday i unplugged everything off of the comp to vaccum some dust out of it dont worry i Graphics Card Strange Issue did it with the case closed sine the dust was coming out of the fan hole a bit now after i replugged everything as soon as i started windows XP the menu asking me to trun on windows normally safe mode last good configuration etc showed up I wanted to select the last known good config but my keyboard wasnt working xD so it started normally now as soon as i opened up a game i always play once the game loaded the noise of my PC increased a tiny bit then after that a tiny bit more While i was playing the game i had solid good Frames Per Second or so but every seconds the frames would decrease to or even and i would get minimal lag Now on hardware manager it says the device is working properly ATI HD BTW and i can even get the proper resolution as before but thing is its not having the same performance as it used to the frames decrease and its like the graphics card is not functioning as it should even though hardware manager says so Im running out of ideas so if anyone has some good ones id appreciate it Thanks nbsp

A:Graphics Card Strange Issue

I tested it on another game, and its the same thing :/ The FPS decrease kind of alot while in crowded places, etc. I think its the way the cable is connected in some way, since new graphic card dont tend to malfunction. Any ideas? :/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-strange-issue.874983/
Relevancy 58.05%

So about a year ago i bought the ATI radeon HD G-card for my computer and it ran well until the fan crapped out so i took the card out and went back to my stock G-card thats built possible card motherboar Graphics issue or to my motherboard i eventually bought a zalman fan to Graphics card or possible motherboar issue replace the burnt out one and i went to install the card again and attached the monitor to it but nothing displayed so took it out rebooted my computer and uninstalled the stock G-card Drivers shutdown my desktop and tried to install it again same thing happened no display at all so i rebooted it about times Graphics card or possible motherboar issue trying over again to see if it would work out of those times it displayed the very st part of what my computer shows that part to press del to access bios and then it stopped displaying anything I then went back to my stock G-card and turned on my system it worked fine with the original stock card my computer would just automatically reinstall the stock drivers so i uninstalled the stock G-card Drivers downloaded the ATI HD drivers installed them and then turned my system off then i put the ati radeon card back in and booted it again nothing displayed after that i just switched my monitor coord to the stock G-card and it worked with the stock card i left it on for about mins and came back to my computer and my monitor showed everything with super high contrast like there was something messed up going on not normal i then shut it off again and rebooted and now my computer wont display anythning off either cards did i wreck my built in card aswell as my ATi radeon or is it a driver issue i really dont know what to do about this but its a problem thats bugging me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-or-possible-motherboar-issue.940787/
Relevancy 58.05%

After doing a clean install of Windows -bit because of a computer crash I had that involved the quot display drivers have recovered quot error or whatever I have re-installed all my drivers except video ones I have an m x alienware laptop that originally had Vista -bit and I upgraded to -bit so I can't use my support disc to install the video drivers Then whenever I try downloading the drivers card issue NVIDIA graphics off nvidia or any other site I can't get windows to start up NVIDIA graphics card issue and have to restore because it either freezes at the Windows Starting Up screen or I get the BSOD My graphics card isn't showing up in device manager so I can't even search for updates Everything else is working perfectly except the graphic stuff and with a gaming laptop that I also use for design work it doesnt mean much to me unless I can fix what is wrong with it Help will be very appreciated

A:NVIDIA graphics card issue

Try to install the drivers in safe mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/125814-nvidia-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey I have a BSOD problem with a TDR issue regarding my graphics TDR graphics drivers regarding card issue card driver geforce GT It s been around TDR issue regarding graphics card drivers months now It happens rarely - once every TDR issue regarding graphics card drivers few days but it tends to repeat itself multiple times in a row It stops if i give the pc a rest Reinstalling the video drivers tends to temporarely help too The issue then reappers a few days later There does not seem to be a pattern when it freezes - it does freeze in games but i had it happen while browsing or watching youtube videos I recently had a situation when i tried to finish a net game so i played right after a crash and it started amp quot snowin amp quot all over the screen progressivly more until it crashed again I tried a lot of stuff - i found my previous card geforce and it crashed too - made memtest passes - set bios to fail safe settings - uninstalled a lot of stuff - virtually everything i could think of outside of lan driver - updated most of the stuff i didnt uninstall - cleaned the case - experimented with drivers - installed old ones and then installed the default windows ones I m REALLY out of ideas The only thing that comes to mind is to swap the card for a new ati one - should remove all drivers incompatibility and hardware defects - but i really wouldn t want to spend money only to have the issue reappear It could be overheating - the card can reach under load - but as i said it crashes when not under load as well Any suggestions would be welcome nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I say strange as I have Strange graphics issue card no idea how the issue happened why it s been doing what it s been doing and how doing what I have done has fixed it sorta Let me explain in detail There I was playing total war Napoleon and decided to show the missus a video replay of one of my battles which I was ambushed Unfortunately the game crashed and despite what I tried to do such as tab out of it or windows button or even Ctrl alt del it All I could see was the replay frozen I had no Strange graphics card issue choice but to restart pc I soon realised that no picture is coming on my monitor which was strange Couldn t work out why so decided to switch the HDMI connection from GFX card to mobo HDMI socket This worked as the display came back however in closer inspection my pc seems to think I no longer have a GFX card quot no hardware detected quot is displayed when attempting to open nvidea Program I reset CMOS settings thinking something dodgy might have happened and it may fix it Instead it got worse as then I could no longer even get a display via onboard graphics I decided to take out graphics card and put it in the other pci express port This seems to of solved everything So now it all appeared to be back to normal I put the graphics card back to the original pci express port and I don t get no display again The fans on the graphics card works still though and obviously the card isn t the problem as it works on other socket So does this mean my pci express socket is fried If so how do I ensure the same don t happen to the other socket which I m being forced to use nbsp

A:Strange graphics card issue

What is the make and model of the motherboard? Usually the second PCIe slot is slower in speed than the one closest to the CPU... Like x16 to x8. The graphics card may have failed to run at x16 speed now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-graphics-card-issue.182632/
Relevancy 58.05%

get the red & black band in the top of the monitor

clicked on ebay item to change page and the pc locked up

had 3 tabs running @ the time

doesn't just do it because it's ebay, it'll lock up on other sites to

see attachments

Relevancy 58.05%

hi, I'm trying to install a Visiontek Radeon 3450 graphics card in my Dell Vostro 230 (Win7 Pro). After disabling the on-board adapter, shutting down, installing the new card, connecting one monitor, booting up, I get limited video and the os will not recognize the card. In device manager there is an error on "PCI Standard PCI to PCI bridge". Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-to-pci-bridge-issue-with-new-graphics-card.1070704/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I'm looking for some help with an issue I think is to do with my graphics card or power supply.

My system:
Motherboard: ASRock B85M-ITX
CPU: Intel Core i3 4150 3.5GHz Socket 1150 Box
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL9 4GB
HD: WD Blue WD10EZEX 64MB 1TB
PSU: Silverstone SFX ST45SF-G 450W
Graphics Card: Asus Radeon R9 270 DirectCU II OC HDMI DP 2xDVI 2GB

These are the setups I have tried and the results I've gotten:

My system as listed above: All fans power on, no bios or OS. Heres my problem.
My system with no graphics card: Computer runs fine.
My system with the R9 270 replaced by my flatmates GeForce 660: Computer runs fine.
My flatmates system with his 660 replaced by my R9 270: Computer runs fine.

Both systems run Windows 7 64 bit.

Why does my system not run?

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello guys, i am new here.

I'm having some troubles during my latest pc upgrade (low budget)

System Specs :

Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3/S3 FX
CPU: AMD FX 4300 3,8 GHz
RAM: 8 GB (4X2) CRUCIAL Ballistix Tactical Kit 1600MHz
PSU: TOP POWER PSU 650W
Video Card: Nvidia 9500 GT PCI-E 1024mb DDR2 HDMI DVI (The part i didn't upgrade)

Well after the installation my graphics card seems not working getting blacksreens in my monitor and doing nothing at all.With onboard graphics everything works well. Is it a compatibility problem because my mobo has PCI-E 2.0 and this card i'snt supported?

Or the mobo PCI-E 2.0 slot has problem ?

John

Relevancy 58.05%

I Suggested For New Amd Radeon HD6850 On March 31st

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I got this new pre-made computer from a Norwegian store some weeks ago Ever since I got this computer it s been having this issue about - times every day at seemingly random times but I do see some strange behaviours about when it happens - It has yet to happen while I m Possible issue card graphics Nvidia not playing World of Warcraft - When it does happen it tends to happen again shortly after the first crash up to times I can even start my computer at noon and it might start crashing around in the night To give a bit more of a detailed Possible Nvidia graphics card issue word about what this crash involves what happens is that the screen goes black The lights on the screen which indicates if the screen is connected to the computer or not starts to blink to signalize that it is no longer connected to the computer In addition sometimes I can hear in my headphones that the audio might halt To get out of the crash I simply have to manually turn off the computer and turn it back on Some details about my system that might be involved in the issue Windows Vista SP Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz NVIDIA GeForce GT Would appreciate some help to solve this most annoying problem thanks in advance nbsp

A:Possible Nvidia graphics card issue

Did the system crash before SP1?. Try uninstalling it then if that doesn't work please read THIS and follow the instructions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-nvidia-graphics-card-issue.107483/
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok playin a game last week my screen went a crazy purple blue green and crashed on reboot i had aquired red lines running vertically down the screen i card look does a this like Solved: graphics issue? have added pictures showing what i get from boot up I should also add that sometimes it boots up and all looks fine but then after mins it will go crazy colours again and crash But of the Solved: does this look like a graphics card issue? time now it loads up with lines I have run a memtest came out fine i have put the monitor through my laptop wich all looks fine no lines or anything i uninstalled graphics card drivers and re installed fresh I think its my graphics card but before i buy a new one as i dont have another to test with if anyone could possibly confirm my suspicions or set me on a different course it would be appreciated Please ask for more info if you have an idea My card is a gts asus m n sli motherboard gb ram vista nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

so i just got a nvidia 8400 and i manually installed it then downloaded all the necessary drivers. its seems like everything is up to date and it's all fine. the issue is i connect my video cable to the onboard plug for the standard gpu and its fine but when i plug my monitor into the new video card's slot then my montior doesnt even recognize it. again my computer recognizes the card and it says it's working fine but only the onboard built-in graphics processor seems to be working. how can i fix this?

Relevancy 58.05%

I have had the system for a few years now and it has sat a while with a virus Yesterday I redid the OS windows xp and installed gb of memory up from the it came with All Dell 410 card graphics issue new XPS went fine I also wanted to upgrade the graphics card and bought this one off dell ATI Radeon Dell XPS 410 new graphics card issue HD GB Low Profile PCIe Graphics Card with Displayport This is where I ran into problems and I Dell XPS 410 new graphics card issue am not very computer savvy I can do the basics but when it comes to this stuff I m very new The book said to uninstall the old GC driver so I did and to disable any onboard video not sure where to find this it didn t come up Dell XPS 410 new graphics card issue in the device manager Then swap cards and install the new drivers I did the unload of the old GC drivers it was a GeForce card Low Encryption MRMGA took out the old card put the new one in in the PCIe slot and went to turn it on and nothing Sometimes it would give me random error codes on startup other times it would show a colorful snow screen that would scroll down the screen I could hear the computer running like it was loading windows like normal but there was just no picture No clue what to do next I ve read that I should reset the BIOS no idea how to do that I tried hitting F on the load screen but not sure what to look for I did find the section for Video and Primary Video and there it just let me select PCI or PEG It was on PEG but I switched to PCI and that didn t work at all Any ideas If you need more background please let me know Not sure how clear I was lol nbsp

A:Dell XPS 410 new graphics card issue

To get into most bios you need to only hit "del" key on boot up. You can also try starting up in save mode(f8) to see if it is in fact a driver issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-410-new-graphics-card-issue.163387/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am soooo hoping someone can help Running W SE My problem is to do with the graphics card as the card has TV out capability my WinDVD will not display the visuals of the movie playing get sound no picture All the literature I have read on the subject indicates that there is a conflict with the Macrovision copyright software that is part of WinDVD and this particular nVidia model card - the Geforce family mx mx with the TV Chip CHRONTEL WinDVD detects the TV Out on the card and wont display the visual of Out nVidia Card & issue Graphics TV the DVD nVidia Graphics Card & TV Out issue playing and suggest to get the latest driver that is supposed to have addressed the conflict - Forceware v June which is supposed to fix the macrovision copyright protection issue unfortunately it hasnt- or somehow disable the TV out function I cant find anywhere in the nVidia interface that lets me do that I have got the TVTOOL program I have uninstalled and reinstalled various versions of the nVidia drivers I have even downloaded a trial version of the latest WinDVD hours later same thing I tried other dvd players I have DirectX nothing has worked So I was wondering if anyone out there has had the same nVidia Graphics Card & TV Out issue or similar issue fixed it and could tell me lol it is sooo frustrating Smiles Pam nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I just went out and bought a visiontek radeon pro agp x video card got home opened it up and i got the pro install card Graphics issue n ice right kinda The card did not come with a pin to pin power adapter because the didn t need one but the Graphics card install issue does Made a quot custom quot adapter trust me proffesional not the problem I went and uninstalled everything ati on my computer just from the add remove programs popped in the new card gave it power and started up i got lines running vertical all over the screen but i figured i needed to install the driver and it would fix it installed driver restarted and crash after i clicked my profile to log in or just blank monitor not sure just went black put in old video card and worked perfect uninstalled drivers again downloaded from visiontek website no better omega drivers supprisingly didn t even let me get to welcome screen but if i uninstall all the drivers the card is a little slow and i get the lines but at least it works i have checked my bios pretty confident but not sure if it s set correctly tried a couple driver update programs nothing contacted visiontek bullshit employees reading off some program not power supply i dedicated a w power supply just to the card did nothing searched forums for hours lots of problems with this card just not my problem i know computers pretty well but still got a lot to learn any help would be great i am upgrading from a radeon mb i got a deal on this card for bucks on clearence so can t return it nbsp

A:Graphics card install issue

Sorry win xp sp2
3.2ghz p4 w/ ht
2gb ddr
2 250w psu's
the version of xp is not legal but it's all there verifyed by 3 microsoft employees (don't talk to anymore or i would ask them.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-install-issue.119101/
Relevancy 58.05%

I ve been attempting to install a new driver for my MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce MX Nvidia Card Graphics Issue with TV Out Dell Over the past week I ve completely uninstalled the current drivers and attempted to reinstall drivers that I have both downloaded from Nvidia and other sites as well as the automatic windows update drivers I have made sure to turn off my antivirus software I have disconnected from the Internet I have used programs that claim to clean off abandoned parts of old drivers Nothing has worked properly After hours of support and a new BIOS on a phone Nvidia Graphics Card Issue call with Dell they suggested reinstalling my operating system which I am uninclined to do Currently under Display Adapters in my Device manager quot Video Controller VGA Compatible quot is listed with a yellow exclamation Nvidia Graphics Card Issue point in front of it And finally when I now go to install the video driver I get the following message quot There was a problem installing this hardware MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce MX with TV Out Dell An error occurred during the installation of the device The parameter is incorrect quot I use Windows XP SP All comments and help are appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Nvidia Graphics Card Issue

Have you tried the drivers from Dell. Those are what you should be using not the ones from Windows xp (I never use windows drivers) nor those from Nvidia not for onboard graphics. (That is what the card installed is, right, onboard?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-graphics-card-issue.310431/
Relevancy 58.05%

I just need to know which graphics card i should buy because the one i got from my cuz dont fit because its too big Here is a picture of the one i got from him.
its too big and also the golden part is ment to be inverted

here is a pic of my PCI slot.

So can anyone tell me which graphics card i whould buy that will fit my PCI slot?

Here is 1 last picture so you can see everything from my point of view:

So to sum up everything i got a graphics card but it does not fit because its to big and the "golden part that slots in" is inverted soz i dont know the technical terms ^^ and i just need to know which type of graphics card would slot in with ease
EDIT: im looking for a graphics card that is windows xp compatible

Relevancy 58.05%

Hey,
I recently bought a Acer Aspire 5536G. It worked fine for the first week, but then it started having the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) Problem. EVERY TIME i booted up. but i could get around it by booting up with a lower resolution. This seems to be an issue with my graphics card then, yes? some of my friends have had the same problems with laptops, PCs, etc. Any ideas? for now i'll just have to stick to booting up with this resolution (and sometimes i still get the BSOD), but it will be VERY hard, especially after installing updates or programs that require the computer to restart.
thanks in advance
P.S i sorta need this fixed sorta quickly, as it has work on it and my last resort is to just send it back to Acer... i would absolutely HATE to do that... as would most of you, i assume.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hey all I've been struggling with this problem for months now where some games will cause my computer if my is issue How the card determine to graphics to crash to black repeating the audio behind it before rebooting itself after some time There is no BSOD so I'm trying to determine exactly what the error may be The crash does not happen How to determine if my graphics card is the issue in all games Metal Gear Solid V and Grand Theft Auto V seem to work fine but when it does happen in a game it happens every time it's played Team Fortress Minecraft The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Fallout New Vegas The How to determine if my graphics card is the issue problem is not a software issue as I began a fresh installation of Windows Pro -bit on my new SSD and still run into the same problems as How to determine if my graphics card is the issue before I've run Memtest and found no memory errors and various threads on forums across the web have lead me to determine that my issue may be heat or power related However when stress-testing my graphics card and processor both stay at relatively normal temperatures and I don't encounter the crash My power supply is an Antec w power supply which I believe ample power for my system from a trusted brand Ultimately I believe the problem is my graphics card but I'm not entirely sure how to verify this to be sure My EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX is starting to show its age in terms of framerate but to replace it with an equivalent is a cost Before dropping that amount of money on a new card I want to make sure that this problem is indeed due to my graphics card and why I ran GPU-Z while playing Fallout New Vegas and had it log everything to a file Here is what it gave me when my system crashed Code Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Shader Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM Memory Used MB GPU Load Memory Controller Load Video Engine Load Bus Interface Load PerfCap Reason VDDC V - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Everything cut to once the system crashed but I'm not sure what that tells me Am I on the right track How do I go about testing and solving this problem Thanks so much for the help This problem has plagued me for so long and I'll devote whatever time I have to to just fix this issue I would love any input

A:How to determine if my graphics card is the issue

I don't know anything about this but it could be that some games are more demanding then the others.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/31888-how-determine-if-my-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 58.05%

First off this is like only my second forum post EVER I usually find a solution to my problems or card issue graphics my Install with use google so plz bear with me if im not using the forum correctly So i've been using the windows build ever since Install issue with my graphics card it came out and its been running just fine on my setup A couple days ago i downloaded the new RC build and when i tried to install it i kept getting a blue screen I dont remember why but i concluded that the issue was my graphics card so i took out my Radeon x and took my dad's card a GeForce GT Putting the GeForce in my pc worked and it installed smoothly with both bit and bit versions of windows RC I then tried to put my Radeon back into my pc after installing with my geforce Once it booted i got no signal to the monitor After finding a work around my i got a blue screen after about min then it would not boot windows I'm still stuck at the installation with my radeon when i put the cd in Install issue with my graphics card i Install issue with my graphics card get a blue screen right after the logo thing starts to move this is before any setup information comes up In short i cant get widows RC to work with my graphics card Help is much appreciated

A:Install issue with my graphics card

Hi i am facing also the problem, had Vista 32bit installed
wen i upgraded to Win 7 blue screen came, i then used my onboard graphics to load Win 7, when installed i the installed my asus 256MB pci-expr graphics card and boot it and blue screen comes up,

pliz help

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/15606-install-issue-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My GC is a radeion X800 pcie
*edit* I have installed the latested drivers

Hi Lately I'm finding that when I use graphics intensive games (not all of them) I get a flicker.. then the screen goes wonky.

What it looks like is proper screen with a grid of squares with random noise in it.

IF I exit and go back to the desktop the desktop looks okay but icons looks as if random bits have been copied and placed around them. (Every icon is like this and has the bits in the same relative location.

Any ideas whats wrong?? I realy hop I dont need a new GC

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello guys nbsp i got the Lenovo G with the i - U GB ram and the r m nbsp I have already read these Threads and followed them regarding - r5 amd issue G50-70 m230 card... graphics nbsp https forums lenovo com t Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks issue-regarding-amd-r -m -graphics-ca nbsp https community amd com thread nbsp may problem is the r doenst show G50-70 - issue regarding amd r5 m230 graphics card... up at all in the G50-70 - issue regarding amd r5 m230 graphics card... device manager I have installed every driver G50-70 - issue regarding amd r5 m230 graphics card... from the lenovo support page and set up my windows a couple of times to try different orders In my BIOS is no option regarding a video card i thought it my be turned off but there is no option When i try to install the AMD driver it succeds but it says there where warnings during installation but there is nothing in the protocol nbsp I really really hope u can help me I have tried everything nbsp nbsp e i'm using win home bit nbsp nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity

Relevancy 58.05%

I have problem with graphics card driver.When I install Photoshop CC (2015.5) and open it ,I see this letter :[ Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled enhancements which use the graphics hardware ]I searched on internet for solving this problem and I found that I must update graphics card driver but it's still the same.I don't know what to do ?Can you help me ?

A:graphics card driver issue

Syrian Cow Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your graphics problem and wanted to help -- but need more information.I see you're running Win10. Did the PC come preinstalled with Win10? Or, did you upgrade it from a prior OS to Win10?If you did the upgrade, how long ago was that, and what was the prior OS? We can proceed once you provide the information.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/graphics-card-driver-issue/td-p/5687728
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Video graphics Card issue everyone I recently ran into a problem with my video card having graphics issues This is going to be a slightly long read so bear with me until I get to the point I have a computer that was built with the help of my friends It is running an intel core duo E processor at ghz The video card that I had first installed was a NVIDIA BFG GT that ran lights out on every game that I threw at it Never had an issue until the card finally went out on me Video Card graphics issue I decided to upgrade to a brand new card EVGA GTX Ti and the card is running like crap I ran a clean install when installing the drivers and upgraded the power supply to a w with an output of a on the v rail I downloaded the Reckoning demo off of steam to try and play and am having horrible fram rate issues Everything is really choppy I thought maybe it was the just the demo but I recently participated in an open beta test for Guild Wars and had the same issues while playing that So if someone could chime in on what might be my problem I would greatly appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi My brother got a new laptop a while ago It s a Sony Vaio and appreciate help! Vista Graphics issue, card the specs are following Intel Core Duo Processor T GHz GB Ram Nvidia Geforce Vista Graphics card issue, appreciate help! Go GPU Windows Vista The thing is everything has been working fine for his needs He s mainly been doing music composing in programs such as Sibelius But he recently decided to see what kind of games he could get running on his computer I have checked out his graphics card and it seems like an ok one for a laptop But the thing is quot I just Vista Graphics card issue, appreciate help! have to say I m a complete stranger to Vista quot that in the performance information on his computer Vista gives him a score of in both Graphics and Gaming graphics saying he basically cant play anything at all This while nvidia claims on their homepage that quot GeForce Go and lets you rip through all of today s most advanced and cutting-edge games and applications quot The computer wasn t that cheap and though I know it s not at all meant to function as a gaming machine at least it should be able to run games to some extent I would really appreciate help with this issue I Vista Graphics card issue, appreciate help! m not that good with either laptops or Vista so I m sorry if im missing something very obvious here nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-graphics-card-issue-appreciate-help.650513/
Relevancy 58.05%

What can cause a graphics card (nividia geforce 8600, 18months old) and a portable external HD (Western Digital) to stop working apparently simultaneously??!!

A:Help! Graphics card and External HD issue

Well with the details you provided, i say God is angry at you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-graphics-card-and-external-hd-issue.748687/
Relevancy 58.05%

My video graphics card after an update has changed driver from an intel hd graphics 3000 to an intel hd graphics 520. How can i solve this problem?

A:Issue with graphics card update!

Hi: The graphics adapter in your notebook should be the Intel 520. The Intel 3000 graphics adapter was used in notebooks from 4-5 years ago. Here is the link to the quickspecs for your notebook...the graphics adapters that could come with your notebook are listed on page 5. http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04570053.pdf So, IMO there is no problem to solve. The question should be...how did your notebook list an Intel HD 3000 graphics adapter in the device manager in the first place?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Issue-with-graphics-card-update/td-p/5653397
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey Anyway Graphics Card Slight Issue here s my problem I have an nvidia gts mb and lately Ive started to notice its not performing as well as it used to now Im playing some games that were made in the same year as the release of my card and on minimum settings I still get quite huge fps drops and lags overall At first I thought this might be due to the fact that my hard drive is kind of full so I cleaned it up a bit and well that didnt fix anything so I opened up my case to take a look and the card was incredibly hot now this is no real news to me Ive noticed it before but it kept performing Slight Graphics Card Issue fine Maybe I shouldve done something about it but I lacked the finances Slight Graphics Card Issue so I kind of ignored it hoping for the best Right now I put a fan next to it to see if that would fix anything Been there for a good minutes and the card is still incredibly hot The card is still functioning so I hope there isnt any permanent damage Could the excessive heat be the problem of it performing as well as it should What do you advise nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Whenever my CPU gets moved or hit slightly my Graphics card stops working. I noticed the fan would turn off and I lose the signal to my monitor. It works fine sitting on its side but whenever I secure it and move my entire PC it stops working again. I've tried both slots on my MB with the same result.

My question, how can I tell if its my MB or GFX card? Or both?

Relevancy 58.05%

okay so my power went out and when it came back on it fried the power supply i got that fixed but my samsung tv says the resolution is not right even though nothing has changed This leads me to believe my graphics card got screwed up by the power surge and now is screwing up or something first can you tell me if that is plausible second I want to know if I can unplug my graphics card and turn on my computer and is their any chance it would then work I don't exactly know what a graphics card does for all I know the thing could be not broken if you don't think it is the graphics card could you tell me what you think it might be I will of course replace my graphics card but just want to know if that is an easy way of finding the problem the bios screen does not come up when I turn it on and neither does safety mode and it will work on a computer this issue? does sound like a graphics card monitor but I need it for my tv does this sound like a graphics card issue?

A:does this sound like a graphics card issue?

I think it is your graphic card. Power surges are very nasty. Graphic cards are your video card. The part that shows you what you see on the screen.

Cann you tell me your computer model so i can better help the issue.

Its odd your bios screen isnt showing, as thats not even a windows operation, is weird.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/294741-does-sound-like-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Guys Im new to this forum so go easy on me Just got myself a new Geforce Gtx Graphics Card Power Graphics Issue card Im having trouble powering it up though I bought myself a new power supply watt to cope with the new card The card itself Graphics Card Power Issue has power sockets to plug into but my power supply and virtually every other one I have seen has only the one PCI pin socket plus pin plugs coming out of it I have an adaptor for the pin plugs to convert to a pin plug Graphics Card Power Issue which are plugged in as well as the other pin plug This is causing vertical lines on my screen and it is very pixelated also The manual that comes with the card states that XFX does not support the use of two pin to one pin power cable convertor for these graphic cards The only way around this is to keep the pin adaptored plug unplugged and just plug the pin in Graphics sorted But then I get a message saying that there is insufficient power to the card so it will run at a reduced capacity make sure auxillary power plug is plugged in Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Graphics Card Power Issue

Not all power supplies are created equal. It would greatly help if you could list what power supply you purchased.

But there are hundreds of power supplies out there that come with two or more 6-pin PCI-E connections. Maybe you could return your current power supply for a new one.

But first... list the make and model of your 580w power supply you have now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-power-issue.853345/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am having a weird graphics card issue on one of my computers. The computer has an XFX GTX 260 216. When I am playing games such as TF2 and left 4 dead 2 the computer crashes every 20 minutes or so. The weird thing is that I swapped out that card for an 8800gt and the computer runs fine. I put the GTX 260 in my other computer and that computer runs fine without any crashes on the same games. Temperature is not a problem because the GTX is running at a max of 55 C give or take a few. Both computers should have a big enough power supply, with both at 750w. Both running Windows 7. What do you think is causing the graphics card to run bad on one computer, but not the other? Thanks in advance for your help on this issue.

A:Weird graphics card issue

Have you tried downclocking the GPU core, shader clock and memory ?
If you downclock and the instability eases then most likely it's a Vram or VRM problem- a factory fault and not completely unknown with XFX branded cards-especially the XXX and Black Edition branded versions.
If you have no utility for downclocking then I'd recommend EVGA's Precision utility here:
http://majorgeeks.com/EVGA_Precision_d6209.html
and set up a profile knocking a couple of hundred MHz of the core and memory settings when the card ramps to 3D mode. The utility has a good alround monitoring system so you could install, leave the clocks at stock, fire up a game and when it CTD's quickly check the graphs for anomolies (temp, clock speeds) also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-graphics-card-issue.141265/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have been trying to play Civilization 5 (an older game, I know, but it works fine on my Windows 10 laptop) and it keeps crashing on my Windows 10 desktop. Noticing that it runs in DirectX 9 mode fine and only crashes in DirectX 10/11 mode, I decided to look at my system's DxDiag file. Turns out, DxDiag is stating that my graphics card driver is from November 2015.

I have an nVidia Gefore 760, and I have actually ran the Geforce Experience software several times and my drivers are listed as up-to-date. The Gefore Experience software states that my graphics card driver is from December 2015. Why would DxDiag return a different date? Is DirectX 12 not recognizing my latest graphics card driver install? Is there a way to fix this that doesn't involve completely reinstalling Windows 10?

A:Graphics Card DirectX Issue

You can install DirectX 9 alongside the ones that come with Windows 10. Give that a try and see if it helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/37299-graphics-card-directx-issue.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there I bought a used Dell Latitude E a couple of months ago under rather Possible graphics issue? card BSOD dubious circumstances When the guy I bought it from got Possible graphics card issue? BSOD it out from where it had been sitting he tried to boot it and it would almost immediately die in a BSOD He thought it was a HDD issue so I told him not to worry about it as I was getting a GB SSD to put in it After I got it home I tried re-installing Windows x on the original HDD and it would work till Windows Update had installed all the newest updates Then all of a sudden it would just die and wouldn't re-boot So I just waited till I received my new SSD then did a clean install and voila all my problems were gone I didn't have any problems with BSOD or slowness or anything Until about a month ago All of a sudden it has started acting up again The first time it just flashed a BSOD and re-started No big deal But the second time when it tried to re-start it showed an error No boot media found That scared me I realized that I hadn't made a backup for probably months and I was afraid it was all gone But after letting it sit for a little while I tried re-booting again and thankfully it worked Needless to say I immediately did a full backup of the SSD After re-booting the second time the screen was all messed up the resolution was set to x and when it finally booted it detected the graphics card and WU downloaded and installed the driver for it After restarting the screen was basically back to normal However ever since then it has acted up Especially Firefox when I switch to between tabs takes a while and exhibits some artifacts for a few seconds Here's a link to my machine's specs Possible graphics card issue? BSOD http speccy piriform com results OI ls RBGTkNjUoK Uye I did a little research about BSODs and I enabled the logging kernel Possible graphics card issue? BSOD dumps and what-not Now just last night I was just using my computer normally i e not doing anything resource intensive but it was really heating up It was almost too hot to touch Then it completely froze up the mouse wouldn't move no response at all then after a couple of minutes it crashed to a BSOD I got out my camera and took a picture of it just in case and I'm glad I did because there are no MiniDump logs that I can find Does anyone have any suggestions I know quite a bit about computers in general but I'm no hand at decrypting BSOD errors

A:Possible graphics card issue? BSOD

Please post the information requested in this topic:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/Once the attachments are posted someone will get back to you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576677/possible-graphics-card-issue-bsod/
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok well im having trouble playing any games with this video card over 30 fps ( on low detail ) and im pretty sure my computer can handle it. Heres my computer specs, ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that doesnt seem to help.

System

3 Gigs of ram

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 4000+ 2.40 GHz

32-bit operating system ( windows vista )

Video card information -----

ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
(radeon 4650) pci express

The games im trying to play is world of warcraft, call of duty 4, call of duty world at war. ( i would have gotten call of duty modern warfare 2 but if my ****in pc cant handle 4...)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/r4650-graphics-card-fps-issue.140562/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello Lately my ACER laptop has been resetting itself randomly This has happened during playing a game surfing the net watching a video etc Laptop shuts down opens up again but nothing comes up on the monitor Several seconds later the same thing happens I'm not pressing any buttons at this point but the laptop goes into the cycle of starting and shutting down until card issue graphics help probably BSOD - monitor shows up again or I'm guessing when the graphics card successfully kicks in The reason I'm BSOD help - probably graphics card issue posting this here in the BSOD forums is that when windows starts the following error message comes up in Turkish but I assume it won't be a problem for you BSOD help - probably graphics card issue guys to get the gist Quote Sorun imzas Sorunlu Olay Ad BlueScreen OS S r m Yerel Kimlik Sorun hakk nda ek bilgiler BCCode BCP FFFFFA C BCP FFFFF C F BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Sorunu a klamaya yard mc olan dosyalar C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users acer AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml evrimi i gizlilik bildirimimizi okuyun Windows Gizlilik Bildirimi - Microsoft Windows evrimi i gizlilik bildirimi yoksa l tfen evrimd gizlilik bildirimimizi okuyun C Windows system tr-TR erofflps txt So I'm fairly sure this has something to do with the graphics card driver but not completely sure I haven't tried anything yet wanted to post it in here first Hoping it's not purely hardware related I've attached the BSOD file Regards

A:BSOD help - probably graphics card issue

Quote: Originally Posted by Roland9

I'm fairly sure this has something to do with the graphics card/driver, but not completely sure.

You are right.

A stop ox116 is a display related issue. And you have the latest version of the display driver installed. So not altering it at the first time, but will do that too, if situation demands.

Make it sure that the hardware components are not overclocked.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa8009c87330, fffff880089c1f38, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+7a3f38 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8009c87330, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880089c1f38, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+7a3f38
fffff880`089c1f38 48ff25f192edff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x67d230 (fffff880`0889b230)]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17237 (debuggers(dbg).140716-0327) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`067f0b88 fffff880`08c8d134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`09c87330 fffff880`089c1f38 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`067f0b90 fffff880`08c60867 : fffff880`089c1f38 fffffa80`08dcf000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`067f0bd0 fffff880`08c8cf43 : fffffa80`ffffd846 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09c87330 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`067f0c80 fffff880`08d5d03d : fffffa80`096a46a0 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0417c010 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`067f0d00 fffff800`03567b8a : 00000000`02f9a8ae fffffa80`08de9060 fffffa80`0416b040 fffffa80`08de9060 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`067f0d40 fffff800`032ba8e6 : fffff880`031d3180 fffffa80`08de9060 fffff880`031ddfc0 fffff880`033ca701 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`067f0d80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+7a3f38
fffff880`089c1f38 48ff25f192edff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x67d230 (fffff880`0889b230)]

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+7a3f38

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 54d3b001

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

ANALYSI... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364117-bsod-help-probably-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, Just purchased the ideapad 500s...love the laptop but after a computer scan through the lenovo solution center, i keep getting a failed result because of the intel graphics 520 hd card.  The 'mathematical operations test' keeps failing.  I have re-installed the driver through the lenovo support website but it did not take care of it.  is this because of Windows 10?  I am thinking there are still some quirks with the operating system and compatability with hardware. Thank you.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Ideapad 500s - graphics card issue

I've never owned a Lenovo laptop until recently, I've always bought my computers from Dell. However, a couple of week ago, I decided to purchase the Ideapad 500 and I'm already having an issue with the Intel Graphics Card. When I watch videos, like from YouTube, the images keep scrambling and there is a horizontal, white band of interference that keeps flashing at the bottom of the screen. I've even started getting the blue and black error screens. I ran the Lenovo Solutions Center app and got the same result. There was a failure with the Intel HD Graphics Card, "Mathematical Operations Test." Here is the Results Code: WVC007002-RK8WFH. I checked the Intel website for the latest version of the graphics card to see if mine is out of date, and it is. My version is 10.18.15.4279, which was released, 8/24/2015. The new version is 15.40.10.4300, which was released, 10/26/2015. The recommendations given by the Intel website for updating the driver, seem to address the issues I'm having with the blue and black screens. Anyway, since my driver is out-of-date, I downloaded and tried to install this latest one, but I got an error message, saying it must be done by the manufacture. I then checked Lenovo's website to see if they had it for downloading, but the only graphics card that Lenovo has available is out-of-date too. I have a two-year warranty, but I don't want to ship my laptop just to have my graphics card updated.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-500s-graphics-card-issue/td-p/2207399
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

When I start my laptop Satellite X200-21R, there are three successive beep (3x) and the screen is black.

Apparently, it comes from the graphics card NVIDIA 8600GT DUAL SLI, it is defective.
This is a special graphics card mounting (SLI) with 2 x graphics card 8600 connected in parallel.

If i disconnect the parallel connection (disconnect two cards) and i can connect only one (to find the card that is dead) ?
it's possible and it's functionnal for the laptop ?

thank you for your help

A:Satellite X200-21R - Graphics card issue

To be honest I cannot imagine if this would be possible…
Usually any hardware change must be accepted and supported by BIOS and as far as I know any GPU modification would affect the BIOS as well as the notebook functionality.

From my point of few to get the notebook working, you would need to use exactly the same GPU chip which was built in the notebook… but this seems to be very costly affair

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83047-Satellite-X200-21R-Graphics-card-issue
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,I have a Pavilion HPE h8-1330z with an Angelica2 motherboard, AMD FX-8120 CPU, 16GB RAM, and An2_705 BIOS. I recently upgraded the power supply to a 600W model to accomodate a replacement upgraded graphics card for my original ATI Radeon HD 7570.So far I have tried a Sapphire Nitro R7-360 (2GB GDDR5) and an XFX R7-360 (2GB GDDR5) and when I install either card, I get no video out to either monitor when I boot; no BIOS message, nothing. However, if I put the HD 7570 back in, it works perfectly. Tech Support for both companies have no idea what is going on.I highly doubt 2 cards from 2 different manufacturers and sources could be dead out of the box.  I can only surmize that maybe a BIOS update might be requiired.If anyone has any ideas, I am listening.

A:Is there a BIOS update that might fix my graphics card issue...

Jenny, welcome to the forum. I believe you absolutely correct.  The video cards are not dead out of the box.  They simply require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  There is no way to upgrade a standard BIOS to UEFI.  I am surprised that Tech Support for both companies weren't aware of this situation.  I suggest contacting EVGA Tech Support (1-888-881-3842) to see which of their cards will work with your motherboard.  They have always been very helpful when I have contacted them for help. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Is-there-a-BIOS-update-that-might-fix-my-graphics-card-issue/td-p/5603352
Relevancy 57.19%

I am at my wits end and a begging for any advice or assistance to get me over this hurdle I have a new pc Core Quad Q GHz Gigabyte GA-EP T-DS R mobo GB DDR RAM H I S H F P Graphics Card w Ram Vista Home Premium -bit Western Digital rpm GB main hard drive Seagate GB secondary Graphics (or drivers) 4870 Card issue. ATI hard drive Liquid cpu cooling Dell wfp monitor connected via HDMI converted from DVI The pc was put together by and purchased from Cyberpower The graphics drivers were the Catalyst My first attempt Graphics Card (or drivers) issue. ATI 4870 to launch windows media center led to a black screen Nothing would quot wake quot the pc short of a hard reboot Since that time I have confirmed that every single attempt to launch Windows Media Center will create the same thing In addition a number of other actions will cause the same unwakeable black screen some or most of the time including Switching Users Logging Off doesn t actually log off - just gets stuck Logging On after entering password This is sometimes accompanied by a single fast repeating note from the speakers while it is locked up This typically takes place after a hard reboot Launching Picture Show Screen saver if I leave the pc for sometime I return to an unwakeable black screen Hibernate Installing a program happened while installing -bit iTunes Launching a program happened while launching iTunes And a a number of other actions I am not thinking of at the moment I have tried clean installs of could not even boot up past the mobo splash screen after installing again I have also tried a complete wipe delete partition format drive and reinstall Vista on three separate occasions and a step by step from there The problems start occuring immediately after the installation of the Catalyst drivers - even before I change the resolution to match the monitor Before Catalyst I could launch media center - right after - black screen Thank you in advance for any assistance you may provide nbsp

A:Graphics Card (or drivers) issue. ATI 4870

anyone???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-or-drivers-issue-ati-4870.784784/
Relevancy 57.19%

i have 2 graphics card gtx 560 ti for my pc, 1 is working fine the other i believe is faulty hardware, i first noticed when windows display an error (see attachment) so i decided to test each one of them, the 1st one worked no issue - the 2nd one with the assume problem, the fan spins but that's all it does, i dont see my monitor screen turn on, boot screen nothing, my pc is running but the graphics card is doing nothing.

any1 can help me on this?

specs:

mob: GA Z68XUD5B3
2 msi GTX 560 Ti Hawk
intel i5 2500K
8 gb of ram
windows 7 64bit

A:Graphics card issue -- faulty hardware?

by that picture it looks like the drivers haven't installed properly, even though they are the same card you still need to put both CD's in when you install it, go back to device manager and update drivers by pointing it to the CD for that card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-faulty-hardware.172172/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone could help me. Recently I've been having issues with my computer randomly crashing or restarting. There's no blue screen as such it just seems to restart.

The Action Centre claims there's a problem with my Graphics card but can't seem to find solutions.

I've attached a folder with the crash logs etc.

Any help would be great thanks,

Nick

Dell XPS 630i
Intel Core 2 Quad-Core Processor Q9450 (2.66Ghz, 1333MHz FSB, 12MB cache)

Memory
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [4x1024]

Video Card
1GB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 graphics card

Hard Drive
Hard Drive 750 GB Serial ATA non Raid (7200 Rpm)

OS
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

A:Crash/Restart, Possible Graphics Card Issue?

Welcome!

It does appear to be a graphics issue. Check out this article on bugcheck 116: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Install these nVidia drivers: NVIDIA DRIVERS 258.96 WHQL

I see your very old (2004) Broadcom wireless drivers are blamed. Please update them to the latest version.

Install these chipset drivers: NVIDIA DRIVERS 15.51 WHQL

Remove Semantic 2009 (known to cause BSODs on Vista and 7 machines): ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/englis...moval_Tool.exe

Replace it with MSE: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

If you get more BSODs, please follow our BSOD Posting Instructions sticky: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

...Summary of the Dumps:
Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Sat Sep 4 06:55:42.204 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:09.388
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Fri Jul 9 12:13:32.012 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:36.197
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl5.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl5.sys
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, a8948452, 8db8b448, 8db8b020}
Probably caused by : bcmwl5.sys ( bcmwl5+20452 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/109030-crash-restart-possible-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Howdy all Here s the situation I recently got GT Card 9800 Issue: Geforce Graphics a brand new PC gigs or ram duo core on a asus mobo with a nvidia geforce GT Whenever I am running a game called World of Warcraft after either anywhere for minutes to an hour and a half my screen will freeze for an interval of s- mins then return Graphics Card Issue: Geforce 9800 GT back with a semi garbeled screen The colour Graphics Card Issue: Geforce 9800 GT of the d map around me will be multicoloured or white all the text is garbeled etc If I close the game and open it again everything is back to normal and working like its suppose to Also I have several custom addons that I thought could have been the problem but I did a reloadui after the temporary freeze to reload all my custom addons and the graphics are still garbeled From my research and what I ve read I m thinking that either my card is overheating OR I don t have the right drivers OR the drivers are correct but have bugs with the game Anyone else with a similar problem Anyone with a good idea of where to start to solve it Any tips suggestions comments would be greatly appreciated Thank you flexxx nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello so im new to the building game but am loving the idea of getting it done Although frustrated with my current problem so i have a i k gb of crucial ram Asus SABERTOOTH Z MARK ATX LGA card GREAT!!! ANY Graphics issue? WOULD PLEASE BE INPUT Motherboard a Pny GTX Ti and a watt rm corsair power supply My question for someones help Graphics card issue? PLEASE ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!!! on is when i stalled every i went to boot took a few times for me to get everything running correctly although i noticed the machine Graphics card issue? PLEASE ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!!! would begin to Graphics card issue? PLEASE ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!!! power up and then flicker off and power back on now this would do this times so i thought nothing of it went to bed woke up in the morning went to power on my machine to have it start to boot up turn off to not turn back on After being extremely frustrated i decided to pull the graphics card out as there was nasty smell and i did notice a burn mark when i pulled the graphics card out after taking it out the machine would power on without flickering with the build in motherboard graphics i also purchased a gtx to test if a card would work in the machine and i was able to get that to work i know the graphics card said it only needs a watt power supply but does this sound like i need a larger power supply im also running a liquid cooler so there a total of fans that includes the case fans any help would be great thanks in advance

A:Graphics card issue? PLEASE ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

Here is my list on pcpartpicker if this helps anyone any more.

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606076/graphics-card-issue-please-any-input-would-be-great/
Relevancy 57.19%

I've had this issue for a very long time now and it's still something I'm trying to work on because if I don't fix it it's Card Screen? Issue Graphics with Blank and going to ruin the games I play by blacking my screen out all the time The graphics card I have is a Nvidia GeForce I have an Acer Aspire Windows desktop Professional with an AMD Athlon II X Processor The memory is GB Yes I'll admit a crappy PC for playing lots of games in general and to be honest a bit like dogcrap lol I bought this back in and it was on sale at the time because I had to replace Issue with Graphics Card and Blank Screen? my falling apart PC before it that could have been better The main issue I am having revolves around updating from Windows Update I had to start doing it manually because the screen was blacking out every time I clicked on Windows to be the OS I want to start up where my monitor flicks on and off repeatedly with no stop in sight even though I can hear the start-up screen in the background of it all I think the issue is mainly with trying to install ANY Windows update because I have tried and the same goes with updating Nvidia manually and through Windows Update I have had this issue for more than months now and it's becoming maddening I'm not sure if I should just hope I'll win a PC giveaway at some point or hope my tax refund this year will help me get another PC that might be better than this pain in the butt I have noticed that this graphics card might not be that compatible with Windows from checking Nvidia's list and that's why I'm afraid it might be a graphics card issue I'll post the dxdiag if needed and let me know if I can provide any other help with my issue Thanks everyone

A:Issue with Graphics Card and Blank Screen?

I've had the black screen issue with the 9800gt which I think is a newer card than the 9200.

My black screen issues arose as soon as you booted into Win 8. I would have got a few minutes of usage but when entering the desktop area - bingo, black screen of death.

As my card like yours, is an older card, it will not run on the newer drivers. After many weeks of frustration, I installed the older 295.73 drivers from the Nvida site and hide any updates that windows offers.

Basically due to the age of the card, I'm stuck with these drivers for ever more. My guess you have the same problem. I'm assuming that at one stage the card worked until updates were applied via Windows?

I booted in safe mode and ran a utility called driversweeper befor I installed the downgraded drivers. Might be worth a blast!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/38304-issue-graphics-card-blank-screen.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I am at my wits end and a begging for any advice or assistance to get me over this hurdle I have a new pc Core Quad Q GHz Gigabyte GA-EP T-DS R mobo GB DDR RAM H I S H F P Graphics Card w Ram Vista Home Premium -bit Western Digital rpm GB main hard drive Seagate GB secondary hard drive Liquid cpu cooling Dell wfp monitor connected via HDMI converted from DVI The pc was put together by and purchased from Cyberpower The graphics drivers were the Catalyst My first attempt to launch (or ATI Card 4870 drivers) issue. Graphics windows media center led to a black screen Nothing would quot wake quot the pc short of a hard reboot Since that time I have confirmed that every single attempt to launch Windows Media Center will create the same thing In addition a number of other actions will cause the same unwakeable black screen some or most of the time including Switching Users Logging Off doesn't actually log off - just gets stuck Logging Graphics Card (or drivers) issue. ATI 4870 On after entering password This is sometimes accompanied by a single fast repeating note from the speakers while it is locked up This typically takes place after a hard reboot Launching Picture Show Screen saver if I leave the pc for sometime I return to an unwakeable black screen Hibernate Installing a program happened while installing -bit iTunes Launching a program happened while launching iTunes And a a number of other actions I am not thinking of at the moment I have tried clean installs of could not even boot up past the mobo splash screen after installing again I have also tried a complete wipe delete partition format drive and reinstall Vista on three separate occasions and a step by step from there The problems start occuring immediately after the installation of the Catalyst drivers - even before I change the resolution to match the monitor Before Catalyst I could launch media center - right after - black screen Thank you in advance for any assistance you may provide

A:Graphics Card (or drivers) issue. ATI 4870

there is 8.12 now available can you try this???

have you tried updating your bios???

GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45T-DS3R (rev. 1.0)

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/200701-graphics-card-drivers-issue-ati-4870-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I recently upgraded my GT to driver version and all seemed fine for a while A few problems have after upgrade Problems Card Graphics - Issue occured in the day since the upgrade I use Xpertvision and now when i click to use the taskbar icon function a message says quot please update the display driver and program quot - so i downloaded the most recent version of Xpertvision- then Graphics Card Issue - Problems after upgrade i still got the same messages but the fan Graphics Card Issue - Problems after upgrade control and performance options have dissappeared When i start the computer after the blue XP welcome screen i get my normal destop black background and at which point i would expect the taskbar at the bottom and icons etc I now have to wait about - minutes for the taskbar etc to show I now cannot play Rainbow Six Lockdown or Colin McRae Dirt Lockdown gives a message like this one after the initial splash screen http forums ubi com eve forums a tpc f m and Dirt doesnt get past the disc checking screen to load the actual game Sorry if this post is a bit lengthy but i needed to explain the seperate problems I could rollback the driver but imn not sure if thats the best approach Can anyone help me please Many thanks nbsp

A:Graphics Card Issue - Problems after upgrade

Sav25 said:

Hi,

I recently upgraded my 9600 GT to driver version 178.13 and all seemed fine for a while.

A few problems have occured in the day since the upgrade.

1) I use Xpertvision and now when i click to use the taskbar icon function, a message says "please update the display driver and program" - so i downloaded the most recent version of Xpertvision- then i still got the same messages but the fan control and performance options have dissappeared!?

2) When i start the computer, after the blue XP 'welcome' screen i get my normal destop black background and at which point i would expect the taskbar at the bottom and icons etc. I now have to wait about 1-2 minutes for the taskbar etc to show?!?!

3) I now cannot play Rainbow Six Lockdown or Colin McRae Dirt. Lockdown gives a message like this one after the initial splash screen:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8081011862/m/1161061005
and Dirt doesnt get past the disc checking screen to load the actual game.

Sorry if this post is a bit lengthy but i needed to explain the seperate problems.

I could rollback the driver, but imn not sure if thats the best approach.

Can anyone help me please?

Many thanksClick to expand...

Did you uninstall old driver first?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issue-problems-after-upgrade.756538/
Relevancy 57.19%

I ve Solved: Graphics card issue. resolution been having an issue ever since I updated the drivers Solved: Graphics card resolution issue. for the first time on Solved: Graphics card resolution issue. my hd radeon crossfire cards round the end of august The resolution would not go above x unless I disabled enabled crossfire causing the cards to reset in catalyst now recently I got rid of my second card because the heat sink was covering a PCI slot that I wanted for a internal wireless adaptor the resolution is doing It s usual freezing only now theres no option to disable or reenable crossfire any ideas What has been tried Updating drivers Reinstalling catalyst Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and catalyst Googling the issue useless This problem means that I am unable to play any games as the resolution switches back does anybody have a fix for this issue or even a way of forcing the cards to restart thanks a bunch EDIT problem solved after hours and hours of tinkering and testing I finally found out that quot force tv detect quot needed to be enabled in catalyst anybody with catalyst should make a note because that had me stumped o nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graphics-card-resolution-issue.836984/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, so the screen on my PC has started doing this:

https://imgur.com/a/2cMJM

The room was very warm and my wife had left the heater on which is behind the PC. Could it have over heated and blown the graphics card, it's a good 4/5 years old now and it's not been performing very well when I've been trying to play newer games.

Full spec:

Intel i5 760 2.8GHz Socket 1156

Palit GTX 460 SONIC 1024MB

Asus P7P55 LX P55 Socket 1156

Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz

Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB*

Kingston 128GB V200 SSD

A:Display has gone weird - Graphics card issue?

Try to clean your Graphics cards take it out and clean also the slot and also try. Total cleaning of your computer to repress the parts. Hopefully this computer will be Ok.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129107-display-has-gone-weird-graphics-card-issue.html