Windows Support Forum

Sound Driver Causing BSOD - STOP info & minidump

Q: Sound Driver Causing BSOD - STOP info & minidump

Having a really annoying problem with my sound driver (ha20x22k.sys) in Windows XP lately, keeps reoccurring more frequently now it seems. I will be listening to music and at the end of a random track, the system will freeze for a split second and then go to a bsod w/ the following information:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

****STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x9D3AA47F)

*ha20x22k.sys address stamp 9D3AA47F

The sound card is a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. I do not believe the card itself is to blame for I am running the latest drivers and it works fine under Windows 7. Any help with this would be extremely appreciated. I've attached the corresponding minidump. Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sound Driver Causing BSOD - STOP info & minidump

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sound Driver Causing BSOD - STOP info & minidump

Long shot but try this:

Rename: c:\windows\system32\adi_oal.dll to adi_oal.OLD
Also disable any onboard sound in Bios Setup

Please let me know if it fixed the fault

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-driver-causing-bsod-stop-info-minidump.123835/
Relevancy 82.13%

So i am new to this, and i found the driver causing the BSOD. if one were to go into device manager and right click and disable the problem driver, would it stop it from causing BSOD?

A:Will disabling a driver stop it from causing a BSOD.

It should in most cases... why ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249070-will-disabling-driver-stop-causing-bsod.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have no clue - I have no sound, reinstall the driver, get a BSOD, reboot using Last Config that worked which gives me back my sound until I attempt to logoff, which hangs because Windows can't play the logoff tune. It eventually shuts down, but on reboot I have no sound. Repeat cycle.

A:Sound Device / Driver Problems Causing BSOD

Well, you have dumps going back to May of 2013, most of those are corrupt anyway.

Starting from this month you have 11 dumps, the first 4 are all hardware,

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, 869d58fc, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
The rest are from,

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9718cf56, 8e727aec, 8e7276d0}

Probably caused by : AtihdW73.sys ( AtihdW73+3f56 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Driver Reference Table - AtihdW73.sys

Your ATI sound device.

It looks fairly recent,

Code:
start end module name
ac5b2000 ac5c9000 AtihdW73 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: AtihdW73.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\AtihdW73.sys
Image name: AtihdW73.sys
Timestamp: Tue Sep 24 17:22:19 2013 (52422CBB)
CheckSum: 00021D45
ImageSize: 00017000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
There was also a Norton driver flagged but considering the problems you are having in this thread,

Sound Devices Have Disappeared

I think following through with fireberd on that matter would be wise.

If I can make a couple of suggestions, filling in your system specs would help,

System Info - See Your System Specs

Using that method, they are at the bottom of each of your posts, the Belarc you posted in your other thread contained your product keys, so I asked to have it removed for you.

This is a laptop you had Vista on then upgraded to Seven, you mentioned a repair install in your other thread, have you tried that?

Repair Install

Lastly, you mentioned you used Driver easy to update a driver, those programs are not recommended because they often find outdated or incorrect drivers.

The fact that the first few dumps were blaming hardware on an aging laptop is not a good thing.

And seeing the limited amount of drivers available at Gateway isn't promising, I looked on the AMD site for drivers and it just refers back to the manufacturer for your model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324518-sound-device-driver-problems-causing-bsod.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello Earlier yesterday I was having an issue where sound was both Missing causing software/driver on BSOD card startup? sound playing through my laptop's speakers as well as the headphones I had plugged in Not really knowing an exact way to fix this I went to the device and disabled it hoping that could temporarily solve my problem Now I am assuming because of this whenever I boot into Windows I get to the quot please wait quot screen Missing sound card software/driver causing BSOD on startup? then instantly get a blue screen every time and I can only boot into safe mode I found this thread one or more audio service isnt running through Google and found that this user had the same issues I was having I am also getting the audio service error when I run the troubleshooter but I assume that because of what I did with the speakers that is why none of those solutions are helping me I believer my speakers are Realtek and when I run dxdiag I get the hardware ID of HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS D amp REV I ran this dxdiag in the copy of the Windows dev preview I have also installed to my hard drive I do have the results from Windows NT BSOD jcgriff attached but when I ran perfmon report I got quot An error occurred while attempting to generate the report The system cannot find the path specified quot My copy of Windows Home Premium bit came pre-installed on my machine which I got either or years ago don't remember exactly I did reset to factory settings one last June but I don't think that means much with this Thanks

A:Missing sound card software/driver causing BSOD on startup?

Since you can get into safe mode, are you able to get to device manager and re-enable the sound device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208604-missing-sound-card-software-driver-causing-bsod-startup.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi there any help would be appreciated Was having issues with my Portege laptop computer kept restarting itself when going into sleep mode so I restored back to factory settings Everything seemed fine after the restore but I did just get a BSOD could have been a one time thing not sure I installed BSOD minidump info and ran WhoCrashed to check the minidump file any insight or interpretations crash dump file C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe BSOD minidump info nt x Bugcheck code x xFFFFF A A x xFFFFF E E BSOD minidump info x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a BSOD minidump info typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time thanks

A:BSOD minidump info

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225912-bsod-minidump-info.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Random BSOD - I Minidump - Help included BSOD info thought it was a hard BSOD Help - Minidump info included drive issue to begin with so i swapped it with one I knew worked from BSOD Help - Minidump info included another machine I did a fresh windows bit install as well One blue screen happened while uninstalling a program the other while watching a youtube video Before this happens while gaming etc Ive had prime going for an hour cpu usage and nothing Going to do memtest overnight but I think the memory is fine Going to bed now would be great if someone had some ideas when I wake up Thanks for your time I posted the event log file above the minidump i think they are with the right ones might be backwards Attached are the minidump files as well incase I screwed up the symbols or something The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x b x c xfffff xfffff e c x A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION RECORD fffff a -- exr xfffff a ExceptionAddress fffff a Ntfs NNGAKEGL string' x e ExceptionCode c Access violation ExceptionFlags NumberParameters Parameter Parameter Attempt to read from address CONTEXT fffff -- cxr xfffff rax rbx fffff a f rcx rdx fffff a c rsi fffff a c rdi fffff rip fffff a rsp fffff e rbp fffff d r r fffff e r fffff r fffff r fffff a c r fffff e r r iopl nv up ei pl nz na po nc cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl Ntfs NNGAKEGL string' xe fffff a f test byte ptr rax h ds b Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME VSSVC exe CURRENT IRQL ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER READ ADDRESS GetPointerFromAddress unable to read from fffff d b e FOLLOWUP IP Ntfs NNGAKEGL string' e fffff a f test byte ptr rax h The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x fb xfffff a xfffff xfffff a A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP nvlddmkm c fffff f pop r CONTEXT fffff e c -- cxr xfffff e c rax rbx fffff d b rcx rdx rsi fffffa be rdi fffff a c rip fffff rsp fffff e rbp fffffa d f r r fffffa be r fffff fb r fffff a c r fffff e r fffffa be r c d r fffffa d f iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe nc cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl nvlddmkm x c fffff f pop r Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME dwm exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from to fffff STACK TEXT fffff e nvlddmkm x c FOLLOWUP IP nvlddmkm c fffff f pop r SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nvlddmkm c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nvlddmkm IMAGE NAME nvlddmkm sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP cb dd e STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff e c kb FAILURE BUCKET ID X x B nvlddmkm c BUCKET ID X x B nvlddmkm c Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:BSOD Help - Minidump info included

Your Nvidia driver is the cause

- Boot into safe mode with networking
- Uninstall the Nvidia drivers
- Use driver sweeper to remove leftover Nvidia display driver files Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
- Reboot in safe mode with networking
- Install the latest drivers Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
- Reboot into normal mode

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88004880004, fffff880098e3c40, 0}

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+7c004 )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136468-bsod-help-minidump-info-included.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Greetings Windows x full-retail installed months ago clean install not upgrade Has run fine until - weeks ago when random BSOD's began BSOD sometimes occur several in a row within minutes sometimes go days in between They occur with light CPU usage - including just surfing the web or using outlook email boot BSOD, causing no hang device verifier Random minidump, Pardon me for not following protocol of including my dump files Although Random BSOD, no minidump, device verifier causing boot hang my blue screen suggests one is being created the minidump folder is empty hidden files are set to visible The folder has a lock icon on it - is that normal I can save a new txt file into the folder just like any other folder I tried the driver verifier tool following the instructions posted here Checking everything except microsoft devices including unknowns and a few labeled Windows r This caused start-up routine to hang at the glowing four-colored window quot windows is starting quot screen Had to disable verifier in safe mode No hardware changes before these BSOD's began I note a number of windows updates have been made in this time span including MS Office SP and Net framework which seem closest in time to when problem began Also running zonealarm security suite paid version with somewhat earlier upgrade to version a couple of weeks before BSOD's began So without a dmp file to analyze or ability to run verifier what should I try next Would running the dump tool posted on this site still be useful for you experts without the minidump file I did run perfmon and it showed no problems I also ran sfc again no problems noted System is homebuilt with Asus mobo Intel i - x gb DDR ram and Asus GTX video Using a Crucial SSD for boot drive Since BSOD's began I have updated nVidia drivers and firmware for the SSD which caused Win to load reload driver for the SSD All quot important quot windows updates were made before problem began and I think there's been one more since All show quot successful quot installation I also checked for dust accumulation inside the box and other than the intake filter found essentially none I follow instructions well and am somewhat tech-savvy Let me know how I can help you to help me Best Regards

A:Random BSOD, no minidump, device verifier causing boot hang

Update.... It appears System Protection was set to log a memory.dmp instead of minidump (but didn't appear to do that either). I have changed that setting. Can't wait for another BSOD to see results!

Uploading the result of jcgriff tool and perfmon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/185377-random-bsod-no-minidump-device-verifier-causing-boot-hang.html
Relevancy 67.94%

random bsod on my laptop, sometimes it said ntfs.sys
tried every way to makes windows to create the minidump, but no one created..
always stuck when "collecting data for crash dump..." or something... if just let it completed, it will restart but told me to choose boot media, like USB or DiskDrive, no harddisk were found. then i need to use the power button to restart it
ran memtest, 8 passes no errors
ran malwarebytes, well done with no malware
yesterday ran chkdsk, frozen at 17 percent.. but weeks before i ran chkdsk its just fine

pls tell me what to do first , no minidump

A:random BSOD, stop code F4 & 7A, and wont create minidump

Ntfs and freezing. Without any other information I am pretty sure your hard drive is going bad. If you can back up your stuff. Then go to the website of your hard drive manufacturer and check out that drive.
Back up your stuff first thing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357508-random-bsod-stop-code-f4-7a-wont-create-minidump.html
Relevancy 67.51%

So I recieve a bluescreen several times a day and theres no minidump files. I was wondering if its possible to tell whats causing it with error code

A:BSOD multiple times a day, hardware related, no minidump, STOP 0x124

The STOP 0x124 error (shorthand for the stuff on the screenshot) are usually hardware problems - but they can be due to compatibility issues or low-level driver problems.More info on it here:  http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000124 Please be sure the system is set to generate minidumps: Upload Dump Files:NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.Left click on the first minidump file.Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.Upload that .zip file with your next post.If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.htmlMore info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/While waiting for a reply, please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619431/bsod-multiple-times-a-day-hardware-related-no-minidump-stop-0x124/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi everyone,

I originally posted here about my laptop issues and Wrench97 recommended a BSOD dump. So, I'm attaching the results to this post.

My computer information is as follows:
Windows 7
x64
Everything is as originally installed (Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1)
OEM
2-3 months old
No reinstalls

Samsung Laptop with Intel i7-2675QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 8 GB of RAM

I'm not sure about the other information... but, if you can tell me where to look for it (and what it should look like), I am happy to post anything else that will be helpful :)

Thanks so much!

A:Info for BSOD Issue - Causing Other Problems Too?

Are you using a USB wireless adapter?

I'm seeing a older wireless driver NWADIenum.sys Fri Dec 19 15:26:04 2008

Distributors: North America

And a older USB3 driver asmthub3.sys Wed Jun 1 22:27:58 2011
ASMedia Technology Inc. ????
Or the laptop manufacturer D/L page for your model.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Bsodapps\080312-15802-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17790.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120305-1505
Debug session time: Fri Aug 3 17:20:15.526 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 8:25:26.400
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8000314eead, fffff880035fd788, fffff880035fcfe0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4cd65 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
PROCESS_NAME: TweetDeck.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+4cd65
Bugcheck code 1000007E
Arguments ffffffff`c0000005 fffff800`0314eead fffff880`035fd788 fffff880`035fcfe0
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Bsodapps\080212-32729-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Wed Aug 1 23:05:55.535 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 10 days 8:28:53.410
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800ed25570, fffff800045b13d8, fffffa800814d510}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for asmthub3.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for asmthub3.sys
Probably caused by : asmthub3.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_3_IMAGE_asmthub3.sys
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0ed25570 fffff800`045b13d8 fffffa80`0814d510
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Bsodapps\072212-18267-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Sun Jul 22 14:36:13.626 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 10 days 5:21:34.800
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8000318c3a2, fffff880035fd558, fffff880035fcdb0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAllocateAccessLog+72 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_nt!MiAllocateAccessLog+72
Bugcheck code 1000007E
Arguments ffffffff`c0000005 fffff800`0318c3a2 fffff880`035fd558 fffff880`035fcdb0

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/info-for-bsod-issue-causing-other-problems-too-661010.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I have had Vista since March last year and everything was fine apart from the usual driver issues. Well I purchased an Iriver H10 mp3 player in September which is when the problem began.
Basically I tried to install drivers for it, but never got it to work, so now every time I turn on the computer and log in Vista will sit there trying to find a driver for an MTP device that does not exist.
This disables anyone from using the PC for up to a minute while Vista decides it cant find the drivers, it even asked me whether I want to wait till next time i plugged the device in, I clicked yes but it continually does it.
Anyone got any ideas on stopping it??

Cheers, Dazzer

A:Driver won't stop trying to install on startup. Causing performance issues.

if it is listed in the device manager uninstall it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/driver-wont-stop-trying-to-install-on-startup-causing-performance-issues-224335.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been getting BSOD several times a day I assume I have a driver issue Specs AMD Athlon x GHz processor Gigabyte GN-WP GS PCI WLAN card Realtek PCIe GBE Verifier Driver - attached Help minidump BSOD Network Controller Nvidia GForce LE graphics card BSOD Help - Driver Verifier minidump attached G DDR PC RAM Gigabyte GA-MA GM-S motherboard OS bit Windows clean install I have updated all drivers that I could think of video card chipset audio Bios update NIC I performed RAM tests no issues there reset page file checked harddrive pulled out each ram stick but still got BSOD Checked power voltages temps with no issues I have run out of ideas I can see from the minidump that my AVG virus protection could be involved but I am not sure how to read these minidumps I BSOD Help - Driver Verifier minidump attached would appreciate any help Here is the KD Analyze from the minidump that resulted from verifier kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Invalid system memory was referenced This cannot be protected by try-except it must be protected by a Probe Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory Arguments Arg fffffffffffffff memory referenced Arg value read operation write operation Arg fffff dc ed If non-zero the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address Arg reserved Debugging Details ------------------ Could not read faulting driver name WRITE ADDRESS GetPointerFromAddress unable to read from fffff cfd e fffffffffffffff FAULTING IP fltmgr FltReferenceContext d fffff dc ed f fc lock xadd dword ptr r h eax MM INTERNAL CODE CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME Safari exe CURRENT IRQL TRAP FRAME fffff a -- trap xfffff a NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax rbx rcx rdx rsi rdi rip fffff dc ed rsp fffff a b rbp d r fffffa ba r ffffffffffffffa r fffffa e c r fffff a r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe nc fltmgr FltReferenceContext xd fffff dc ed f fc lock xadd dword ptr r h eax ds f ffffffff fffffff Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff b e to fffff ac f STACK TEXT fffff a b fffff b e ffffffff fffffff fffff a nt KeBugCheckEx fffff a c fffff ac fee fffff a nt FNODOBFM string' x fffff a fffff dc ed fffffa c a a fffff db fffffa e c fffffa e c nt KiPageFault x e fffff a b fffff efe c fffffa e c fffff a fffffa c a a fltmgr FltReferenceContext xd fffff a f fffff db fffffa luafv LuafvPreSetInformation x fffff a fffff db be fffff a fffff ad fffffa b d fffffa cab fltmgr FltpPerformPreCallbacks x f fffff a fffff db c fffffa a fffffa fffffa c fffffa cab fltmgr FltpPassThrough x d fffff a d fffff d a d fffff ae d c fcf fltmgr FltpDispatch xb fffff a a fffff ae d c fcf fffffa AVGIDSFilter x a d fffff a a fffff ae d c fcf fffffa fffffa a f x fffff a a fffff da b fffffa b da fffffa a fffffa a nt ExAllocatePoolWithQuotaTag xbc fffff a a fffff ac a fffffa cab dfe fffff nt NtSetInformationFile x c fffff a bb nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP luafv LuafvPreSetInformation fffff efe c b c mov rcx qword ptr rsp h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME luafv LuafvPreSetInformation FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME luafv IMAGE NAME luafv sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP a bc FAILURE BUCKET ID X x luafv LuafvPreSetInformation BUCKET ID X x luafv LuafvPreSetInformation

A:BSOD Help - Driver Verifier minidump attached

Actually this is not the verifier minidump. I guess I lost that when I did the system restore. I will have to figure a way to get the minidump posted from safemode before I system restore. I will post that shortly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-help-driver-verifier-minidump-attached-442910.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone

so this problem has been haunting me for quite some time now. I cannot shutdown my computer........ Even after Windows reinstallation. When I click shutdown it logs off, I hear the familiar "click" sound, monitors go black but the fans keep on turning and the computer stays "alive" .....

So the only option if to constantly go into sleep mode or hibernation mode. But then I get BSOD's like many people as I've read on this forum.
Some were solved with debugging minidump files which I'm providing here - maybe someone can "read" them - 'cause I sure don't know how to.

Mini-Dumps.zip

Thanks A LOT!

Ivan Lugomer

A:BSOD Driver state failure (minidump included) - PLEASE HELP!

Hello.

Try removing your Power Core device for the time being, as it was blamed in two of the three crashes.

Flash the latest BIOS for your motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P5K-E

If the BSODs persist, upload a jcgriff2 report: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Debug session time: Sun Jun 26 04:31:17.475 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 15:01:50.363
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PCore.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PCore.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for 1394ohci.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for 1394ohci.sys
Probably caused by : 1394ohci.sys
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_4_PCore_IMAGE_1394ohci.sys
BiosReleaseDate = 05/30/2007
SystemProductName = P5K-E
Debug session time: Sat Jun 25 06:38:06.146 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 16:36:13.644
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PCore.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PCore.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for 1394ohci.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for 1394ohci.sys
Probably caused by : 1394ohci.sys
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_4_PCore_IMAGE_1394ohci.sys
Debug session time: Fri Jun 17 06:44:56.263 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:40:29.152
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_0
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ataport.SYS -
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_0_nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-driver-state-failure-minidump-included-please-help-583132.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I am haunted by BSOD for some months now (approx 1-2 per week). They mostly occur during some RAM intensive things (videos, skype, image processing, antivirus check). I am pretty sure it is memory and/or driver related. I unsucessfully tried various things to fix it yet:

- Changed Ram, run memtest86 for 10h+. Everything ok.
- Checked Ram Voltage. No change.
- Reinstalled Windows7. No change, they quickly returned.
- Changed Antivirus Software. Checked for Malware. Ok
- Updated several Drivers, including graphic card driver

Now I run Driver Verifier and just got a Bluescreen. However, I am not able to completly understand which driver caused it. The latest Bluescreen has these information. Please help me to understand it.

Best Regards,
Zodurac

A:BSOD Created Minidump with Driver Verifier. Need help to read it.

Hi Zodurac.

This issue is not seeming to be a driver related one.

Code:
BugCheck C4, {13e, fffff98059e10fd0, fffff98099e10fd0, fffffa8009a9dc80}

Probably caused by : Npfs.SYS ( Npfs!NpRemoveDataQueueEntry+a5 )
But something interesting is there about your RAMs.

Code:
Size 4096MB
Form Factor 09h - DIMM
Device Locator DIMM4
Bank Locator BANK3
Speed 0MHz
Manufacturer Manufacturer03

Code:
Size 2048MB
Form Factor 09h - DIMM
Device Locator DIMM3
Bank Locator BANK2
Speed 0MHz
Manufacturer Manufacturer02

Code:
Size 2048MB
Device Set [None]
Device Locator DIMM1
Bank Locator BANK0
Speed 0MHz
Manufacturer Manufacturer00
You have two different types of RAM?

Can you keep the 4 GB one only, remove both the 2 GB sticks and see what happens?

Another thing is the RAM speed .... 0MHz! I am astonished .... but I am not able to explain it. I will request essenbe to comment on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334936-bsod-created-minidump-driver-verifier-need-help-read.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I ve been getting the no audio message after wiping my computer and I wanted to ask if anyone could tell me the No needed Driver info sound. please. correct chipset driver and audio driver for my system I ve read lots of forums on this so i m hoping this is all I have to do to fix this problem Computer Info Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name SN User Name X Motherboard CPU Type Intel Celeron D MHz x Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset SiS System No sound. Driver info needed please. Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS No sound. Driver info needed please. Type Award Medallion Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT MB Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter SiS Audio Device Storage IDE Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller Disk Drive ST A GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive NEC DVD RW ND- A DVD R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Mouse PS Compatible Mouse Network Network Adapter Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Modem Smart Link K Voice Modem nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I don't know where to even begin with this but my laptop is almost unusable now It started about a month ago with a few freezes each few days mostly when watching videos online It went on like that for about weeks but this last week has been awful It's Freezing, Crashing BSoD-Minidump being not Driver Display created, freezing and or blue screening over dozen times a day Sometimes it will just completely lock up and give me no choice but hit the power button to restart it Whenever it does actually blue screen I get the quot A clock interrupt was not BSoD-Minidump not being created, Freezing, Display Driver Crashing received on a second quot message And it's not creating a mini-dump file for the crashes either I've set it to do a kernal memory dump then to do a small memory dump but either one BSoD-Minidump not being created, Freezing, Display Driver Crashing won't happen After it blue screens it just sits there saying quot Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump quot But the percentage numbers never pop up It just sits there and I have manually turn the laptop off and back on again with no crash dump file being created I've let it sit there up to minutes before with nothing happening This why i'm not attaching a dump file log since there isn't one to begin with I don't know if this is related but during this time the display on the screen has been flickering quite a bit when I first turn it on If I jiggle it around a little I can normally get it to stop Also within the past week i've had a lot of mini-freezes a black screen and then it comes back with a message saying quot Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver Version stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot This happens just a couple times every day just about Considering that started right when the real freezing problems began I thought they might be related but i'm not sure how The internal fans seems to be running a lot more than it used to as well about when all this started It sounds a lot louder than normal as well I've tried running a disc check and a malware bytes scan both of which came back with nothing I tried running SFC EXE SCANNOW but it didn't find anything I have no idea what to try next since I did some research online and I can't find anyone having the exact same combination of problems I am I'm trying to avoid having it looked at as I need it for school and it's well past it's warranty Hoping for some additional things to try to keep this alive a little while longer

A:BSoD-Minidump not being created, Freezing, Display Driver Crashing

As an update for today, my laptop has froze 6 times in the last hour, only 3 of which has lead to an actual blue screen. It's still not creating a dump file. I even downloaded the file to add to the registry to create a small dump file, but it's still not doing it. It's like the computer freezes after going to the blue screen.

It also seems like it's only freezing when I use Chrome. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but that didn't help. I don't know if it could be something to do with the browser or not. I will try running memtest overnight tonight and see if that comes back with anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349096-bsod-minidump-not-being-created-freezing-display-driver-crashing.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Tonight I was attempting to back up my PC using a HDD caddy via USB When I first tried I got the BSOD saying there was an attempt to Execute non-executable memory and the STOP code x E xC D xF E EA xF E F xF E F So I restarted and tried again the same thing happened This time I tried to follow the instructions to disable BIOS memory options for 0X0000007E causing Device STOP: USB BSOD caching and shadowing but don t know how I tried a different HDD in the same caddy and it happened again I then tried connecting the caddy to USB Device causing BSOD STOP: 0X0000007E a USB Device causing BSOD STOP: 0X0000007E different USB port first in case top now USB Device causing BSOD STOP: 0X0000007E in case rear and it happened again albeit with a different STOP code x FC xBAD E x AE xBAD x I suspected perhaps the caddy was at fault so I tried a USB stick and got the x FC code again I ve looked around the net for a solution and it seems to be pointing at SP update but I have had this installed for a long time and no problems I did just to a windows update today so thought that might have caused it but I did a system restore to before that and still had BSOD when connecting USB stick although I connected camera and it did not do anything The other recent change I did was to install Vivitar driver for my camera but I can t remember exactly when I did this last week or so so I don t know which restore point to use I m not sure if I used any USB devices since the Vivitar software was installed I read to use the repair function with XP CD but don t know how to do this My problem seems similar to others but yet still doesn t quite match up As I can t back up spare HDD drives are non-SATA I m reluctant to play around Can anybody please help I can provide a CPU-Z dump if you would like My System is as follows Intel Pentium CPU GHz Abit IN X MAX Motherboard with nVidia i chipset x GB OCZ DDR Dual Channel RAM CPU Z says MHz but they are MHz - OCZ VP x nVidia Ultra GPU s running in SLI x Western Digital Raptor GB HDD SATA x Maxtor GB HDD SATA Cooler Master RS-A -ESBA W PSU Running Microsoft Windows XP SP and Direct X c

A:USB Device causing BSOD STOP: 0X0000007E

<>Controller cards that do the job are pretty cheap, examples at http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....amp;Order=PRICE.FWIW: Always remember when looking at given memory speeds...it's DOUBLE data rate. When a utility says that 266 is RAM speed for DDR 533, don't worry about it.Your STOP errors...0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDA system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.0x000000FC: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY appears to be a bit strange, http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/...ute_memory.html AND http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886348I would suggest that you search your system for any .dmp files which have been created. I would look at the last two and follow the procedures at Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284271/usb-device-causing-bsod-stop-0x0000007e/
Relevancy 63.21%

I mostly get this error code while doing things such as playing games starcraft rift WoW css and now BF beta The CONSTANT BSOD Stop attached info 0x00000124 all occurances are very random and mostly happen when I am playing a CONSTANT BSOD Stop 0x00000124 all info attached game sometimes I am not CONSTANT BSOD Stop 0x00000124 all info attached playing a game and it happens Also sometimes it doesn't even BSoD it just randomly reboots out of no where Every single BSoD is the same x stop code I originally tried reformatting and that obviously didn't do nothing I've updated my video card drivers Last night when I started playing the BF beta its been worse than ever almost every single round I would almost be guarunteed a BSoD or a random reboot out of no where I attached all the info requested for the BSoD threads as well as a zip of of the dmp's from last night but I think one of the requested files has all of the dmps please help me I noticed it said two device drivers are not installed on the system health report I am using wireless so the ethernet controller wouldn't be being used I dont think

A:CONSTANT BSOD Stop 0x00000124 all info attached

Hi ncoppersmith welcome to SF

In this order,

If you are overclocking stop,and set everything back to factory settings.

Download and install Speccy

Take a snip\screenshot of the summary and upload it here.

Update your Intel Processor driver.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

Test cpu using prime95
Finish with the above steps and post back with any results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/189592-constant-bsod-stop-0x00000124-all-info-attached.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Brand new newbie to the forum - found it through googling quot page fault in non pagefault error quot so you guys made a good name for yourselves solving that particular Page Minidump Guidence Installation: Error during Fault Driver XP BSOD: Need on problem Anyway on to my woes I ve got a year old Medion Deskbrick that has been giving me heartache The specs are P on a generic brand mobo mb ram PSU more details to follow regarding this PSU GB HDD NEC A Burner Thats the basic gist of the system There used to be a video card there used to be a sound card there used to be a WinTV card but I removed all of those to try troubleshooting the problem Now onto the details Since there s no video card in the integrated video card kicked in and is currently taking mb out of my ram so my ram is detailed at MBs during memtest Memtest seems to think my ram is ok after or so passes but based on what I ve ready in these here forums memtest LIES frequently Originally I had a PSU that was giving about A to the rail yea you read right A needless to say after trying to verify the ampage coming out with a voltmeter the PSU quickly died and now I m using a backup PSU with a A rail so everything should be fine in regards to the PSU for the barebone ness of my system The harddrive used to have things in it BSOD: Page Fault Error during XP Driver Installation: Need Guidence on Minidump but in my desperation I did what anyone who panics would do I formatted both my C and D partitions While trying to install Windows XP SP I get BSOD during the driver installation section of the set up after all the installation files have been copied onto the system Now I think things can be the culprit BSOD: Page Fault Error during XP Driver Installation: Need Guidence on Minidump CPU MOBO RAM I ve got no proof whatsoever and I m really not sure how to access minidumps since windows no longer exists as a functional entity in my machine So I would love to post minidumps in hopes that one of you geniuses can crack it open and tell me why this machine s being so gae but unfortunately BSOD: Page Fault Error during XP Driver Installation: Need Guidence on Minidump restarting leads straight to WIN setup so I m limited as to what I can do currently Any suggestions will be appreciated though I won t be able to do anything until tomorrow night I will check back frequently if any of you guys have questions or comments regarding my problem or what I ve posted Thanks Tian edit oops forgot to mention something about the blue screens Sometimes I get no specific BSOD sometimes I get page fault in non page fault area sometimes I get IRQL sometimes I get a sys file error I don t know seems like all the flavors of the BSOD nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-error-during-xp-driver-installation-need-guidence-on-minidump.45019/
Relevancy 62.78%

hi,

i'm trying re-install the drivers needed for my onboard sound to work, but i'm having big problems. i downloaded what i thought was the correct driver, installed it, but it didn't work, so i uninstalled it, but now everytime windows finds the multimedia audio controller device at startup, it tries to automatically install this bad driver, which restarts the computer. is there a way to permanently get rid of it? and does anyone know the correct driver i need for the device? it was originally listed as a C-Media AC97 audio device, but now (i guess because of the bad driver) it's listed as a VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller.

thanks.

A:onboard sound driver causing serious error

What operating system and motherboard do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-sound-driver-causing-serious-error.23928/
Relevancy 62.78%

Running win XP prof Sound card SB 24bit live. Everything is fine for about 10 min and then its ether shuts down or just freezes. When I disable it in device manager everything is fine. What could cause this ? I tried everything ..cant think of it. PLEASE HELP!!!

A:Sound driver causing to shut down or to freeze.

have you tried the latest SB drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-driver-causing-to-shut-down-or-to-freeze.29453/
Relevancy 62.35%

New Win Pro notebook causes BSOD First WinDBG result DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE F module was pci sys Then I ran driver verifier and it died with C and the module was vsdatant sys Analyze log Code kd gt analyze -v r kv lmnt lmtsmn Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION c A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught This is because the driver was specified in the registry as being suspect by the administrator and the kernel has enabled substantial checking of this driver If the driver attempts to corrupt the 0x9F attached - BSOD - and Minidump [SOLVED] 0xC4, Driver Verifier sysinfo system bugchecks xC xC and xA will be among the most commonly seen crashes Arguments Arg Waiting at DISPATCH LEVEL without a timeout Arg IRQL value Arg fffff dc b Object to wait on Arg Timeout parameter Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR xc CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VERIFIER ENABLED VISTA MINIDUMP PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff f dc to fffff a ef STACK TEXT fffff a d fffff f dc c fffff dc b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff a e fffff f b fffff fffff e nt VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate x c fffff a fffff d f fffff dc b fffff dc fffff da c e nt VerifierKeWaitForSingleObject x fffff a a fffff dc b fffff dc fffff da c e [SOLVED] BSOD 0x9F - Driver Verifier - 0xC4, Minidump and sysinfo attached vsdatant x f fffff a a fffff dc fffff da c e fffffa e c vsdatant x b STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP vsdatant f fffff d f SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME vsdatant f FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME vsdatant IMAGE NAME vsdatant sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b cb FAILURE BUCKET ID X xc VRF vsdatant f BUCKET ID X xc VRF vsdatant f Followup MachineOwner --------- rax rbx c rcx c rdx rsi rdi rip fffff a ef rsp fffff a d rbp r r fffff dc b r fffff f cac r d r r fffffa bae r fffff db f r fffff iopl nv up ei pl zr na po nc cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl nt KeBugCheckEx fffff a ef c mov qword ptr rsp rcx ss fffff a e c Child-SP RetAddr Args to Child Call Site fffff a d fffff f dc c fffff dc b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff a e fffff f b fffff fffff e nt VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate x c fffff a fffff d f fffff dc b fffff dc fffff da c e nt VerifierKeWaitForSingleObject x fffff a a fffff dc b fffff dc fffff da c e vsdatant x f fffff a a fffff dc fffff da c e fffffa e c vsdatant x b start end module name fffff bbd fffff bc kdcom kdcom dll Tue Jul A BDFDB fffff a d fffff fea nt ntkrnlmp exe Tue Jul A BC fffff fea fffff hal hal dll Tue Jul A BDF fffff c fffff c c volmgrx volmgrx sys Tue Jul A BC fffff c c fffff c c PCIIDEX PCIIDEX SYS Tue Jul A BC fffff c c fffff c amdxata amdxata sys Tue May A F EB fffff c fffff cc mcupdate GenuineIntel mcupdate GenuineIntel dll Tue Jul A BDF fffff cc fffff cdc PSHED PSHED dll Tue Jul A BE fffff cdc fffff d a CLFS CLFS SYS Tue Jul A BC D fffff d a fffff dfa CI CI dll Tue Jul A BE D fffff e fffff e atapi atapi sys Tue Jul A BC fffff e fffff e ataport ataport SYS Tue Jul A BC fffff e fffff e e msahci msahci sys Tue Jul A BCABD fffff e fffff eec Wdf Wdf sys Tue Jul A BC F fffff eec fffff efb WDFLDR WDFLDR SYS Tue Jul A BC A fffff efb fffff f ACPI ACPI sys Tue Jul A BC fffff f fffff f b WMILIB WMILIB SYS Tue Jul A BC fffff f b fffff f msisadrv msisadrv sys Tue Jul A BC FE fffff f fffff f pci pci sys Tue Jul A BC fffff f fffff fa vdrvroot vdrvroot sys Tue Jul A BCADB fffff fa fffff fba partmgr partmgr sys Tue Jul A BC E fffff fba fffff fc compbatt compbatt sys Tue Jul A BC B fffff fc fffff fcf BATTC BATTC SYS Tue Jul A BC B fffff fcf fffff fe volmgr volmgr sys Tue Jul A BC D fffff fe fffff ffe mountmgr mountmgr sys Tue Jul A BC A fffff fffff c volsnap volsnap sys Tue Jul A BC fffff c fffff rdyboost rdyboost sys Tue Jul A BC A fffff b fffff fc fltmgr fltmgr sys Tue Jul A BC F fffff fc fffff fileinfo fileinfo sys Tue Jul A BC fffff fffff e msrpc msrpc sys Tue Jul A BC C fffff e fffff e cng cng sys Tue Jul A BC fffff fffff pcw pcw sys Tue Jul A BC FF fffff fffff b Fs Rec Fs Rec sy... Read more

A:[SOLVED] BSOD 0x9F - Driver Verifier - 0xC4, Minidump and sysinfo attached

Step 1 - turn off Driver Verifier (it's purpose is to cause your system to crash).

Step 2 - remove Zone Alarm from your system. If you must have 3rd party firewall control, I suggest this free program: http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-0x9f-driver-verifier-0xc4-minidump-and-sysinfo-attached-468478.html
Relevancy 61.92%

As per posting instructions...I have removed the stuff on my thread and just attacthed the zip the rules request.

OK so I have been suffering from BSOD,freezing with no info that needs me to restart and graphical artifacts in and out of game.On top of that there are crashes happening randomly in various games and of different nature each time and even the internet browser crashes many times.(game errors can range from file verification errors to simple mapload crashes with no message)
Artifacts have happened since I upgraded to R9 280MSI but the BSOD happened before as well.Last GPU got fried.I thought it was my HDD but that died as well and the BSOD persists even while running single SSD.

WIN DEBUGGER error log(bsod dump analyzed) :
TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

[

A:BSOD,freezing,artifacts&crashes (big info inside - STOP 0x0000003B)

Still no light.
Am I supposed to let this sink?Is thread bumping allowed?(rules say no useless posts to increase your count, but what happens if thread gets buried?What is the point of not bumping if I am just gonna go make the same thread?)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374048-bsod-freezing-artifacts-crashes-big-info-inside-stop-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have an Asus A N-E mobo which has optical and coax outputs for sound and an nForce chipset I just got a set of Logitech Z- speakers and couldn t get them to receive a signal from either digital output from my mobo They worked if I hooked them up Is causing providing system 5.1 is instability. fix? support there driver a Sound to the direct outputs but not the digital I called Asus and they told me to install the Realtek sound drivers instead of the nForce sound drivers which I was using So I did Now both the optical and coax jacks on my mobo output sound and with quite a bit more volume than the direct hookups but the sound quality in some games Half-Life Galactic Civilizations is noticably choppier However the biggest disappointment came when I fired up Battlefield When I actually get into the game the sound is absolutely awful None of the sounds I hear coming from the speakers is representative of anything that s happening on my screen It s horribly loud and the same sounds keep looping over and over again When I press ESC to quit the game my pc actually crashes to a blue screen of death which has never happend once in all of my years of using XP Pro which tells me that quot ati dvag quot is causing the problem and the driver is stuck in an infinite loop What fun I m not really concerned about fixing this problem with the Realtek driver because I m not happy with its performance in games that actually work and I can always switch back to the nForce driver and use the direct inputs Sound driver providing 5.1 support is causing system instability. Is there a fix? But I d really really like to get those digital outputs working but try as I might I couldn t figure out a way before I installed that crappy Realtek driver So to make a long story short is there a way to get the nForce driver or maybe a rd party driver to support my coax and optical outputs Sound driver providing 5.1 support is causing system instability. Is there a fix? nbsp

A:Sound driver providing 5.1 support is causing system instability. Is there a fix?

Good Evening Stinky, that really is technically "up there " stuff you have.
I got a headache just reading about it! The AI system is real space age stuff.

I did see a set of Nvidia drivers at http://www.short-media.com/download.php?dc=61
but I haven't played with 64 bit stuff with my TRS80 or 286 up to this point so wouldn't know.
As you mention the realtek drivers seem to be the most mentioned but I wouldn't be surprised if you have problems getting those drivers out. 30megs sounds like complicated drivers. Better you than me "gunga-din"!
Sorry no help.
qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-driver-providing-5-1-support-is-causing-system-instability-is-there-a-fix.449928/
Relevancy 61.06%

I keep having various BSODs on boot only, and after some hours of searching, it seems to come down to memory addressing out of range with drivers, according to the web. However, I could be wrong, and that is why I'm here. NTFS.sys, kernel errors, and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000007E, seem to be the popular ones that have occurred and all multiple times over the last few months. I've nuked all the drivers and updated all the ones I can think of from chipset to peripherals. I'm tired, and not as experienced as the people here with debugging, so I figured I'd dump my report and ask for help. What is causing this boot freeze-up? Also, it doesn't happen every time. I can restart the computer up to 3 times max, and once in windows it is fine no matter how long I use it, or what hardware I use. ZIP is attached. Thanks!

A:BSOD on boot - driver issues causing various BSOD

I would suggest you to uninstall Avast using Avast Uninstall Utility. At least as a test. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

See how it goes. Report us for any further BSOD.

Code:
fffff880`037ca1d8 fffff880`044e610eUnable to load image aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys
aswSnx+0x8010e

Code:
fffff880`037ca6a8 fffff880`01d6b24cUnable to load image aswSP.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys
aswSP+0x2524c

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371304-bsod-boot-driver-issues-causing-various-bsod.html
Relevancy 60.63%

ok I used the dumpchk exe to read the mini dump file this what it said Loading dump file C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp ----- bit Kernel Mini Dump Analysis DUMP HEADER MajorVersion f MinorVersion a DirectoryTableBase d c PfnDataBase a PsLoadedModuleList a PsActiveProcessHead d MachineImageType c NumberProcessors BugCheckCode BugCheckParameter effe c BugCheckParameter BugCheckParameter ec f info minidump from BugCheckParameter PaeEnabled KdDebuggerDataBlock c MiniDumpFields dff TRIAGE DUMP ServicePackBuild SizeOfDump ValidOffset fffc ContextOffset ExceptionOffset d info from minidump MmOffset UnloadedDriversOffset a PrcbOffset ProcessOffset c ThreadOffset CallStackOffset SizeOfCallStack DriverListOffset DriverCount StringPoolOffset f StringPoolSize BrokenDriverOffset TriageOptions TopOfStack b dc f DebuggerDataOffset DebuggerDataSize DataBlocksOffset DataBlocksCount Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack UP Free x compatible Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x a Debug session time Mon Jul System Uptime days start end module name d eb nt Checksum EF Timestamp Wed Feb E Unloaded modules b cb b cdc kmixer sys Timestamp unavailable f bc f bc MSPQM sys Timestamp unavailable b d b d kmixer sys Timestamp unavailable f d c f d d drmkaud sys Timestamp unavailable b f b f DMusic sys Timestamp unavailable f f swmidi sys Timestamp unavailable b d b db aec sys Timestamp unavailable f b e f b splitter sys Timestamp unavailable f b a f b e kbdhid sys Timestamp unavailable f a e f a Cdaudio SYS Timestamp unavailable f b f b Sfloppy SYS Timestamp unavailable Finished dump check C Program Files Support Tools gt where in this does it tell you what the problem is nbsp

A:info from minidump

just ran a debugging this came up

C:\Program Files\Support Tools> cd\program files\debugging tools for windows\

C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows>kd -z C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini07020
7-01.dmp

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.6.0007.5
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini070207-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: *** Invalid ***
* Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path. *
* Use .symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path. *
* After setting your symbol path, use .reload to refresh symbol locations. *
Executable search path is:
* Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized. *
* The Symbol Path can be set by: *
* using the _NT_SYMBOL_PATH environment variable. *
* using the -y <symbol_path> argument when starting the debugger. *
* using .sympath and .sympath+ *
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.ex
e
Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 2) UP Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8055a620
Debug session time: Mon Jul 2 10:10:30.906 2007 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:00.474
* Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized. *
* The Symbol Path can be set by: *
* using the _NT_SYMBOL_PATH environment variable. *
* using the -y <symbol_path> argument when starting the debugger. *
* using .sympath and .sympath+ *
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.ex
e
Loading Kernel Symbols
................................................................................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 10000050, {8effe1c0, 0, 804ec9f6, 0}

***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

*** Your debugger is not using the correct symbols ***
*** **... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/info-from-minidump.80941/
Relevancy 60.63%

So this issue has been happening for over a year I have no clue what initially caused the BSOD and have tried troubleshooting it the best I can I am now about to lose my mind as the issue happens so randomly I thought it might have to do with the wifi card but I replaced that and it just happened again It seems to happen the most when I m uploading or downloading a large file online This is why I initially replaces the wifi card what tried Driver to Causing Here's hal.dll BSOD. it.... I've fix Now I have no clue what to hal.dll Driver Causing BSOD. Here's what I've tried to fix it.... try Here is what I have done so far to try and fix the hal.dll Driver Causing BSOD. Here's what I've tried to fix it.... issue Replaced the wifi card Performed a memtest for about hrs with no issues I know hr min is hal.dll Driver Causing BSOD. Here's what I've tried to fix it.... suggested Did a stress test on my machine to see if it was overheating it performed at manufacturer spec temp Ended up buying new sticks of RAM just in case there was an issue with one of them Before doing so I tried removing just one stick it BSOD d I then swapped my other one out and it did it again Updated all of my drivers using multiple software programs to identify what was out dated This includes wifi drivers and graphics drivers I ve also tried using another power source as one site suggested it may be a power issue My logs are attached as required My machine is older but I ve upgraded the RAM and put in a SSD so its performance is still very suitable for me I m hoping I can resolve this issue and continue to use the o l girl Thanks for reading and hopefully helping me resolve this ongoing issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/381992-hal-dll-driver-causing-bsod-heres-what-ive-tried-fix.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi

I have a Server 2008 R2 box that has been crashing since 23/01 - I have tried tracking what driver is causing this issue but I can't tell. If anyone could help me it would be really great. I have attached the files from bluescreenreview from the most recent crashes.

If you need any more information please just ask.

Many thanks

A:Which driver is causing my BSOD?

VID.sys (Virtualization Infrastructure Driver) Virtualization Stack Memory Manager...

TCPIP.sys is also flagged and this is a network driver, but the memory driver may be the cause... Test your memory using Memtest86 for at least 7 passes. This also may be a motherboard issue. Test the C drive for errors. BSOD's tend to corrupt hard drive data

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-driver-is-causing-my-bsod.177410/
Relevancy 60.63%

I ve recently had an irritating bug on my hands where if I run a game that requires very little to run i e Faster Than Light Frozen Synapse for around an hour it ends up crashing my computer Here s the BSOD Driver causing crash report I took from WhoCrashedcrash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmpThis was probably caused by the following module hdaudbus sys xFFFFF FDE Bugcheck code xD x A x x xFFFFF FDE Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALfile path C Windows system drivers hdaudbus sysproduct Microsoft Windows Operating Systemcompany Microsoft Corporationdescription High Driver causing BSOD Definition Audio Bus DriverBug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too Driver causing BSOD high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time Dump file can be posted if requested

A:Driver causing BSOD

Have you tested the memory with memtest86 to make sure you don't have a failing or flawed memory address that eventually gets used and causes a crash?Have you updated the audio driver to latest version in case there are any bug fixes?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150426.0.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I looked at the minidump myself, but I wasn't sure how to interpret it. I'm pretty sure it's telling me that the BSOD is being caused by a driver, but not sure which one it could be. Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/392692-driver-causing-bsod-cant-tell-one.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My motherboard is an ASUS P V X-MX with on-board Stop driver? Sound Error from audio C-Media AC version CMI A The latest version of the driver and operating software from the C-Media website is dated December I have two hard drives both the exact same type Western Digital WDC JB GB both with Windows XP Professional with Service Pack installed On my second hard drive I continue to be able to play DVDs on any of my DVD player programs that I wish with no problems However on my primary hard drive I have run into problems Some time ago I don t remember anything about what might have caused it both Windows Media Player and InterActual Player http www interactual com stopped playing my DVD s I Stop Error from Sound driver? could still use InterVideo WinDVD or my ATI Radeon X s DVD playing software with no problems but WMP and IAP stopped playing them WMP would give me an error that when I clicked quot Web help quot said it Stop Error from Sound driver? was related to my Sound driver I went to Windows Update and downloaded the following update Windows XP C Media Electronics Incorporation - Sound - C-Media AC Audio Device Tuesday August Windows Update But this only made the problem worse not better-- now when I try to use WMP or IAP to play a DVD my computer screen just up and suddenly goes dark and I hear the unmistakeable sound of my computer simply up and shutting down and then it does a total system reboot After the reboot I get a popup saying the computer has recovered from a Stop Error caused when a Device Driver suddenly quot stops quot the operating system This is a very serious problem because a number of my DVD s are specially optimized to work with InterActual Player and automatically start it up when I put the DVD in the drive If I try to uninstall the program then the next time I put one of those DVD s in the drive it absolutely absolutely ABSOLUTELY forces my computer to reinstall the software immediately Again on my secondary hard drive Stop Error from Sound driver? this is NOT a problem both programs play the DVD s perfectly Only on my primary hard drive do I get the endless Stop Errors or if I do quot Roll Back Driver quot they simply fail to play the DVD Does anyone have any ideas NYCaribou nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Guys This is the first time i have posted as a user ive found your forums useful in the past but this time i really need your help My harddrive gave up the ghost a month or two back so i bought a new SSD I had some trouble with BSOD over the next few weeks programs wouldnt install properly all sorts of trouble Finally yesterday i got around to sorting out the problem I hadnt installed my SSD causing Driver BSOD? 0xc4 correctly which was one of the main reasons things were going wrong happily i have sorted that problem I was also running Driver causing BSOD? 0xc4 sticks of RAM but as my motherboard has a Driver causing BSOD? 0xc4 GB limit i had sticks of GB identical ram and GB different manufacturer stick I have removed this stick in the hope it would solve some of the BSOD s So after a clean install that went Driver causing BSOD? 0xc4 well i woke up this morning to find that while installing some software overnight i had BSOD d I have absolutely no idea what this can be after a clean install of windows so here i am BSOD s and troubleshooting The first BSOD was a PFN FILELIST CORRUPT message I ran driver verifier on all my systems drivers to try and find out what this was The verifier caused a BSOD when it found the driver and gave me the error special pool detected memory corrupt I understand this is a verifier specific error However i didnt get a complete dump message as i had reduced the virtual memory I increased it ran the test again got the BSOD and a complete memory dump which was messaged A DEVICE DRIVER TRYING TO CORRUPT THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN CAUGHT Unfortunately it didnt not give me the file name which i assume is in the dump files which i have attached but i have reached the edge of my intelligence and dont know where to go from here to go about rectifying the problem My system Windows home premium ASRock AM motherboard AMD Phenom II x processor GB RAM x GB GB SSD any help would be greatly apreciated i really dont know where to go from here If you need any other information from me please just let me know Thanks a lot Liam nbsp

A:Driver causing BSOD? 0xc4

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is the strongest error code message we have signifying corrupt memory. Did you run Memtest on your RAM? Corrupted memory will cause a system to throw out all kinds of error codes but the underlysing issue is bad RAM as the cause.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-causing-bsod-0xc4.179817/
Relevancy 59.77%

My PC runs Windows 7 64 bit.

I ran Windows Update this afternoon as normal. (Auto updates are disabled.) An Intel driver update that was issued today, March 6, 2012 appeared. I installed it. Appeared to function normally.

When the compute restarted, a blue screen appeared. I have tried using System Restore. Now the computer will not boot at all.

Anyone having issues with this update?

What should I do next?

Thanks for your help.

FP

A:New Intel driver causing BSOD

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927525

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445364/new-intel-driver-causing-bsod/
Relevancy 59.77%

I keep getting BSODs after a new install of a SIIG PCIe SATA adapter card. It only crashes when I run a CrystalMark or AS-SSD bench on the SSD connected to the new PCIe SATA card ports. I suspect it’s the driver, which is an old Microsoft driver from 2006 that W7 installed.

And when I try to install the latest SIIG driver, W7 ignores and states that the current (older) driver (2006) is the best driver. Can anyone tell from the BSOD screen whether it’s likely the older driver is causing the crash, before having to inspect the mini-dump or run 7Forum Sys Diagnostic?

And secondly, is there a way to force the latest SIIG driver to over-ride W7 and replace the old driver that W7 mistakenly thinks is the best one? Simply pointing the "Driver Updater" to the new driver location doesn’t seem to work.

A:Is Older driver causing BSOD? How to fix?

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont forget to upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
It is important as we need to check the storage environment in depth.

Plus, Ataport.sys is most vulnerable to a special type of malware, called rootkit. Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/316315-older-driver-causing-bsod-how-fix.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys,

First off, I'd like to apologize if I may be posting in the incorrect section, as I wasn't sure what to classify this under.

I've been getting some BSODs with the same error message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.
I looked into the issue by examining the minidump in WinDbg, and found a driver called bcmw163a.sys causing the issue.

I would like to know if it is safe to remove this driver, and find out what the driver is.

Any help is appreciated

A:Driver causing a BSOD, can I remove it?

A little web searching (Bing worked better than Google, oddly enough) suggests that it's a driver for a Broadcom WiFi adapter. Got one of those?

(I would have checked your motherboard specs, but Asus makes a number of X99 boards, if that's the one in question.)

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/34997-driver-causing-bsod-can-i-remove.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys and thanks for reading So basically I was watching somestuff and the computer just froze I was bit surprised so I just restarted it manually However this happend around - times in the range of minutes Driver Freezes/BSOD? is causing or so I was basically unable to logon on to my computer due to these errors However the one time I did manage to get on the computer showed an error in relation to the Display Driver It said - Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel mode Driver Version stopped responding and has successfully recovered I'd like to also just say my graphics card is Driver is causing Freezes/BSOD? GeForce GTX Ti So anyway this happend a few more times and then I thought I'll just reformat the C Drive as it was getting that time of the year again where everything is just a Driver is causing Freezes/BSOD? cluster However after formatting C Drive download the Nvidia Driver installing it and doing the mandatory Restart process I was unable to again even get to the Accounts Page As soon as the computer would start up I would be showed BSOD although it happens so fast I am unable to record what the page actually says Also sometimes the screen would also go into Sleep Mode during restart however this hasn't happend since I dusted the motherboard I am also on this computer by formatting C Drive and haven't installed the Driver yet I was wondering if anybody could help me with these matters it will be much appreciated Thanks

A:Driver is causing Freezes/BSOD?

Well...BSODs do not necessarily define the problem, especially one BSOD.

System or motherboard manufacturer and model?

Can you boot into safe mode?  If the graphics driver is the problem, then the problem will not replicate in safe mode, since the generic graphics driver is the only one which will load.  If problem exists in safe mode, your premise is definitely out of line with reality.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537252/driver-is-causing-freezesbsod/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello there I am trying to fix my uncle's HP Pavillion a PC The computer itself is still relatively new and in perfect Vista BSOD Causing Driver Bad working condition The problem is a bad Vista driver One day while he was online Vista automatically installed a new core driver and from that point onward my uncle was unable to get back into Windows His system would continually crash right before Windows started He gave the tower to me and after some time researching the issue I decided a reformat would be the most efficient and timely solution to the problem whereas I would install my copy of XP Vista was a mess anyway and be done with it I popped the hard drive into my PC and did two reformats - a quick format and a complete reformat all in NTFS mode - and also did a system scan for fixing errors I cannot boot from my XP CD for whatever reason probably Bad Vista Driver Causing BSOD because my machine still recognizes my master hard drive with my copy of XP already installed When I put the hard drive back in my uncle's tower and boot from the XP CD I get the blue Windows Setup screen All the drivers and system files load but as soon as the setup process is about to begin I get a blue screen of death It tells me A problem has been detected and your computer has been shut down by windows to prevent damage to your computer and tells me to scan for viruses and run CHKDSK F At the bottom is an error that look like a memory error message I know I probably need to wipe the partitions clean - the reformats probably weren't enough - but I cannot figure out a way to get to that point in the process Any suggestions I really don't believe it's a hardware issue because his computer was running just fine right before this new driver was automatically installed and the system itself is still in like new condition I was hoping to have this fixed for him by Christmas so any advice or suggestions you can provide are appreciated Thanks very much Kind regards Ashley Beth ---------------------------------------- Here are some specs AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Processor GHz KB KB L Cache Windows Vista Home Premium NVIDIA nForce Chipset MB DDR -SDRAM DIMM -pin DDR two available GB Serial ATA hard drive rpm SuperMulti DVD Burner x DVD R x DVD RW etc PCI slots available PCI-E x slot available PCI-E x slot available

A:Bad Vista Driver Causing BSOD

The first thing I would recommend would be to test the memory in the machine. Go here and download the iso image of memtest86+. Burn it to CD and boot the machine from it. It will boot into memtest and immediately start testing the memory. From there I would then find the testing utility for the hard drive. Look here and you will find links to the Hard drive testing utilities. I would also recommend cleaning any dust out of the processor fan and the internals of the computer as a whole. If all tests good, it's possible that you may have a DVD burner that could also be dirty inside. You can try cleaning it with a can of air and opening the tray and blowing it out as best you can. I would also look at your XP disk and see how scratched it is. If it's very scratched, it may just be the cd itself.Hope this helps,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277903/bad-vista-driver-causing-bsod/
Relevancy 59.77%

Please help!

I am consistently getting a range of different BSODs, however they are all coming up as being due to Locale ID 2057, which I gather is causede by a corrupt or incompatible driver. Problem is trying to locate this troublesome driver.

I hope I have done the zipping of my Mini Dump correctly. Any help would be much appreciated.

My system

Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit
8GB DDR3 Ram
700 Watt PSU
AMD Phenom II x4 'Black edition' 3.2Ghz
ATI Radeon 5670 1GB RAM
600 GB Hard Drive

you need any more details please let me know

A:Bad Driver causing BSOD??? Any help appreciated

Quote: Originally Posted by Davonator

Please help!

I am consistently getting a range of different BSODs, however they are all coming up as being due to Locale ID 2057, which I gather is causede by a corrupt or incompatible driver. Problem is trying to locate this troublesome driver.

I hope I have done the zipping of my Mini Dump correctly. Any help would be much appreciated.

My system

Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit
8GB DDR3 Ram
700 Watt PSU
AMD Phenom II x4 'Black edition' 3.2Ghz
ATI Radeon 5670 1GB RAM
600 GB Hard Drive

you need any more details please let me know

These were caused by a memory exception. Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190378-bad-driver-causing-bsod-any-help-appreciated.html
Relevancy 59.77%

So every so often at seemingly random I ll get a blue screen of death and my computer restarts it s self Then I get a message quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown Windows can check online for a solution BSOD? Driver causing Modem to the problem quot Then I click that and I get quot Download updates for WebSTAR Cable Modem Driver This problem was caused by WebSTAR Cable Modem Driver WebSTAR Cable Modem Driver was created by Scientific Atlanta A solution is available that will solve this problem Solution ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Go to the Scientific Atlanta website Modem Driver causing BSOD? to Modem Driver causing BSOD? learn more about the solution quot Can someone tell me what s wrong and how to fix it That site doesn t help worth a damn It shows me a bunch of drivers and I m supposed to pick at random or something It also says nothing about Windows Vista which I have My computer is an Emachines ghz processor ddram gig HD I m hoping I can get some help on this I just bought this computer like weeks ago and this is crap nbsp

A:Modem Driver causing BSOD?

I had a BSOD everytime I used a verizon Aircard 595 on BATTERY POWER.
Turns out my battery showed full charge--but was old and not enough amps to properly power the card.
Ran OK on ac power.
If your battery is old could be this if you are using a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-driver-causing-bsod.79981/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I was installing the Alcohol 120% virtual CD drive driver and I get a blue screen of death every time i log on. I tried booting into safemode and i still got the BSOD. I also tried Last-Known-Good-Config with no success. Luckily, the system is dual booted with XP-Pro and I have full access to the vista drive. I went to alcohol's program files directory to look for an uninstaller but there wasn't one. How would i go about manually go about removing the evil driver?

Below is the device specifications as it appears on the XP drive.

I tried searching the vista drive for GearASPIWDM.sys but i couldn't find it.

Any suggestions?

A:Driver causing BSOD (RESOLVED)

I contacted Alcohol support and they told me which driver file to remove and now everything is fine. Deep-breaths....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/driver-causing-bsod-resolved-140982.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,
i've been having repeated problems with my PC, with it either failing to boot properly, hanging at the logon screen, not loading the desktop properly or just having BSOD's everytime I get into some high RAM usage. I'm on Windows 7. The zipped files requested are attached. 

Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit SP1 x64
 - full retail, installed on custom PC.  date of install 03/12/2014

CPU - Intel Core i7 4790K (i think mobo is running it at 4.4 GHz)
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97-Gaming GT
PSU - Corsair RM650W

Custom Desktop build.

- other points of note- when the PC hangs on logonscreen/crashes for a BSOD - there is a loud buzzing noise. 

All help is very much appreciated,

Thanks,
Vishmister

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624173/ntoskrnlexe-driver-causing-bsod/
Relevancy 59.77%

Same problem every months I built my computer about years ago Here is the hardware Gigabyte GA-EG M-DS H motherboard Intel E Corsair GB x GB DDR MHz PC - XMS DHX Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL - - - x BSOD? causing driver Possible error Samsung SpinPoint TB hard drives Asus HD GB GDDR Direct CU DVI VGA Possible driver error causing BSOD? HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card Running Windows in -bit Every three or months the computer quot dies quot At start up i get blue screen saying A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer Possible driver error causing BSOD? A process or thread Possible driver error causing BSOD? crucial to system operation has been unexpectedly exited or some other stuff about did i just install new hardware etc Technical information STOP x F x xFFFFFA XFFFFFA A XXFFFFF D FF Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Over the last couple of years this has happened times What I did in the past was to re-install the operating system on a new blank hard drive and then copy over all the info from the previous hard drive That has worked fine until about of months then BSOD Last time I ran a lot of the hardware tests and nothing came up funny then I have attached a jcgriff Many thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer Alex

A:Possible driver error causing BSOD?

Hi -

Run Driver Verifier - Driver Verifier - Windows 7 & Vista (BSOD-related)

Driver Verifier needs to run 24 hours minimum or until it BSODs your system, whichever is less. Then . . .

Provide full system info - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 & Vista

Also, run Speccy - http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy
- "File" | "Publish Snapshot" | Paste URL into your next post

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/possible-driver-error-causing-bsod-614817.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm about ready to rip my hair out.

You see I have an ASUS N53JQ Laptop that has Windows 7 32-bit installed on it.
For some random reason I started getting BSOD with ATHR.SYS being the cause.

BSOD: athr.sys/DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - HP Support Forum - 109035 I had tried this link only to realize that without a "setup" file there is no way in hell windows is going to let me get this driver installed no matter how directly I point at the file I want installed. It just keeps saying that Atheros AR9285 is up to date.

I am about to flip a damn table, this is driving me insane. Someone please help me out!

Edit: I've uploaded my information. Someone please check it out...

A:Network Driver Causing BSOD, desperately need help.

Bump, someone please check out the file I've uploaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329367-network-driver-causing-bsod-desperately-need-help.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi folks,

Starting getting BSOD's when trying to sleep my comp. This started happening after my scanner driver started acting strange (though there were some other driver issues as well). In any case, I got the following entry in my Event Viewer just before the crash, so I'm guessing it's the scanner driver that's causing the issue.

The driver \Driver\WSDScan for device urn:uuid:e3248000-80ce-11db-8000-0022587e5c53\UMB\3&9784ddc&2&uri:e3248000-80ce-11db-8000-0022587e5c53/ScannerService stopped the power transition.

My question is, how can I be sure to really remove the driver completely?

thanks!

A:Driver causing BSOD - how to totally uninstall?

Can you post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, so that we can find out the causes?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/278323-driver-causing-bsod-how-totally-uninstall.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Peoples of Seven Forums. First post here so you can guess i'm in a bind at the moment.

Bought a Wireless USB stick/WLAN/network adapter etc and ever since I have been having bluescreens, about 30-40 in 3 weeks. I use this machine for an hour or two a day so this bluescreen issue is getting ridiculous.

I have tried updating the driver from the manufacturer website and amusingly the update that Windows update provides is actually older than the one from the manufacturers website.

System specs are

CASE: Gigabyte Triton
MOBO: Gigabyte P55UD3
CPU: Intel Core i5 750
GPU: EVGA GTX570
PSU: 650W
RAM: 4gb
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3
ODD: Lite on DVD-R

A:TP Link, Arthurx.sys driver causing BSOD

The three DMPS uploaded have 3 different appearent causes but really are a memory exception. Usually related to a driver. Please run memtest and driver verifier.

These need updating

Code:
tifsfilt.sys 8/29/2007 8:37:29 AM fffff880`05d8e000 fffff300`05da5000 0xfffffa8000017000 0x46d56889
timntr.sys 8/29/2007 8:38:23 AM fffff880`01af4000 fffff880`01ba4000 0x000b0000 0x46d568bf
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226068-tp-link-arthurx-sys-driver-causing-bsod.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows wouldn't install with my gt so I used some PCI video card to get Nvidia on causing boot. driver BSOD windows installed Problem is I still can't use my gt When windows detects it it installs a driver for it and asks me to restart I restart then I get the Nvidia driver causing BSOD on boot. BSOD right after the windows loading screen To get back into windows I load a restore point I have managed to use windows by going to device manager and uninstalling the driver every time I boot I tried to download and install the driver from the Nvidia website but when I try to install it says that I must restart my computer before I can install the driver since the driver windows installed requires a restart If I remove the windows driver and then try to install the one from the Nvidia website it says that no driver was found that is compatible with my hardware I am guessing that this is because it doesn't recognize my video card as a gt until the windows driver is installed so the Nvidia one can't detect it Any suggestions Could I force the driver to install even though it doesn't recognize my gt By the way I tried with the and drivers Thanks for your time

A:Nvidia driver causing BSOD on boot.

Hi mcjugga

Download the drivers first from Nvidia, then stop windows install its update drivers, install Nvidia drivers.

GeForce 8 Series

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/31353-nvidia-driver-causing-bsod-boot.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I seen the post of using Driver Verifier done everything BSOD? is the the to + driver find way Best the questions causing what it said and on boot i kept getting the BSOD couldnt boot at all so went into safe mode and what is the Best way to find the driver causing the BSOD? + questions disabled etc So now how can I as a noob user find the driver causing this BSOD because i assume that test was to see if a faulty driver is doing that correct Also ive been told my Kaspersky Internet Security is the cause of most of my BSOD's but i see what is the Best way to find the driver causing the BSOD? + questions on other posts that others are getting told to uninstall their antivirus being different from Kaspersky so which one IS the one that doesnt cause BSOD's a decent one that fully protects my system too not like some dodgy ones that cant detect some viruses etc one last question what is this infamous quot dxgmms sys quot file name that everyone is widely getting on the BSOD's what is that file or driver related to and is there a what is the Best way to find the driver causing the BSOD? + questions fix for it because i get that too but not all the time If someone could please direct me to the right advice or information thanks guys

A:what is the Best way to find the driver causing the BSOD? + questions

Quote: Originally Posted by serkz

I seen the post of using Driver Verifier, done everything it said and on boot i kept getting the BSOD, couldnt boot at all so went into safe mode and disabled etc. So now how can I as a noob user find the driver causing this BSOD? because i assume that test was to see if a faulty driver is doing that, correct?

Also ive been told my Kaspersky Internet Security is the cause of most of my BSOD's but i see on other posts that others are getting told to uninstall their antivirus (being different from Kaspersky) so which one IS the one that doesnt cause BSOD's? a decent one that fully protects my system too not like some dodgy ones that cant detect some viruses etc..?

one last question, what is this infamous "dxgmms1.sys" file name that everyone is widely getting on the BSOD's? what is that file or driver related to? and is there a fix for it? because i get that too but not all the time.

If someone could please direct me to the right advice or information, thanks guys

You can use Driver Verifier as instructed in the tutorial. If you want to find the driver that causes you to blue screen on startup, you will have to either: 1. upload your dmp files and hope that one was created or 2. if one was not created, go into Verifier and select one non-microsoft driver and reboot and change Verifier to check another driver and reboot... etc. Edit: If you blue screen on startup after starting a single driver to be verified in Verifier, that driver is likely the culprit and should be removed/updated. If you let us know which one causes the blue screen using the one driver at a time method, we can direct you on what to do.

Basically, any antivirus software other than Microsoft Security Essentials is known to cause blue screen errors on some systems. I use Vipre Internet Security 2012 on my computer without too many issues, but it does cause some problems from time to time. MSE is the safest way to make sure it is not an antivirus program causing your issues, and it is free, which is a plus. Many on here use MSE and the free version of Malwarebytes together to keep their system safe by periodically doing a full scan with both virus detectors.

dxgmms1.sys is DirectX's driver. It can mean that your DirectX is corrupted or not installed properly, or you are missing a DirectX from your system: see Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX.

dxgmms1.sys can show up if you are having graphics/display card issues, as well. Updating your nVidia or AMD drivers can fix these issues, or if your display card is faulty (you can find out by borrowing someone else's card or having yours tested by a computer hardware specialist), replacing the card itself will fix these issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204380-what-best-way-find-driver-causing-bsod-questions.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I ve recently had a new DELL laptop Expecting nothign to go wrong for a while at least A couple of days in I get a BSOD with error code x c randomly It reboots and seems to find Laptop - causing driver the BSOD New Cant work fine I carry on About an hour later I get another BSOD this time with x c Again it reboots and seems to run fine However I seem to keep getting the x c error now and again it doesnt seem to have any pattern it just BSODs for no reason and at no set time It could be after minutes or after a few hours There is no new hardware other than when it was all fitted by DELL There is a fair amount of new software so it leads me New Laptop - Cant find the driver causing BSOD to think its New Laptop - Cant find the driver causing BSOD a driver I ve looked in the event viewer to find more out about the error driver causing it But alas I cant see it I ve also tried googling the error codes etc I cant seem to open the mini dump files So I m looking for someone who can help me out with this Possibly send them my dump files for them to look at Thanks again tombowler nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I record music on my computer and i recently bought a new laptop with windows 7. To go with it i bought a Native instruments USB external sound card. Overall i'm happy with it but it's causing a BSOD probably once every couple of hours on average. It is 100% down to the sound card as it has never happened without it being plugged in.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have the latest software for the sound card. Any help would be great thanks.

Here's the error code i get when i restart windows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 10d
BCP1: 0000000000000006
BCP2: 0000000000000003
BCP3: 0000057FF3C0F418
BCP4: FFFFFA800C28D860
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\030913-19234-01.dmp
C:\Users\Zurgle\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-65614-0.sysdata.xml

A:New USB external sound card causing BSOD

Please follow the blue screen posting instructions to provide your full reports, and we will check to see what drivers are causing conflicts with your USB sound card.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/new-usb-external-sound-card-causing-bsod-689200.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys =]

My computer broke a while back, so I bought a new system, and placed my old hard drive within that system. It works a treat, other than the fact that quite often, why I try to startup, it performs a search for corrupt files, and then, again, quite often, the computer randomly restarts (as it would if there had been a power cut). When it reloads windows, it says that the system has recovered from a serious error, and when I get more information, it gives me this error account:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011308-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Matt\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

I ran tweaknow, to try to clean the registry a little, but is there anything more specific I could do to help my problem?

Thanks a lot in advance =]

A:Minidump errors causing restarts

Can you reply and attach (by browsing to) C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011308-01.dmp
This file may help in diagnosing the error

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/minidump-errors-causing-restarts.96793/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I for for causing RegistryDefender (cpv.servefeed.info?) Malware address the... Adult is Sites (cpv.servefeed.info pop-ups fake and recently started getting occasional popups using FireFox on websites such as CNN com for a fake RegistryDefender program and also advertisements for adult websites When I try to X out some of these ads a dialog box pops Malware (cpv.servefeed.info?) causing pop-ups for fake RegistryDefender and Adult Sites (cpv.servefeed.info is address for the... up asking if I really want to cancel or not at that point I end the process in task manager rather than risking further infection The website at the bottom of the popup window is cpv servefeed info at first and then changes to something else and brings up the false Registry Defender ad I m not sure if there are different addresses for the adult website ads I ve been reading up about this on yours and other boards and and think I almost definitely have a tricky malware of some kind I have only used FireFox on my computer lately so I m not sure if its simply a FireFox issue I ve run MBAM and Norton Security Suite scans with no results Was thinking about using Norton Power Eraser but I figured that might cause more damage and professional help would be preferable I ve got another CPU in the house connected to the same router I get internet for this computer so I also am wondering if my other PC is at risk of being infected by being connected to the same router Another issue I ve had the past few days is my internet going out on my PC I use a wifi router on my mother board to get internet I thought this might be my mobo overheating breaking as powering down the computer completely and restarting has always fixed the issue Just mentioning it in case it s pertinent Look forward to hearing from you DDS posted below DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Ben at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Disabled Updated FF - D -CE B- ECB-E A A AV Norton Security Suite Disabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Disabled Updated - EE-C E - B-DC BDD BAB FW Norton Security Suite Disabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x ASUS WiFi-AP n WiFi-AP n exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows SysWOW rundll... Read more

A:Malware (cpv.servefeed.info?) causing pop-ups for fake RegistryDefender and Adult Sites (cpv.servefeed.info is address for the...

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456691/malware-cpvservefeedinfo-causing-pop-ups-for-fake-registrydefender-and-adult-sites-cpvservefeedinfo-is-address-for-the-ads/
Relevancy 58.91%

After doing things that keep the CPU at 100% for a while, my video driver crashes. When I watch youtube videos, the video just stays green. When I try to reload the video, my computer gets a BSOD.

Netbook: Lenovo x120e
RAM: 2x2gb DDR3
APU: AMD Fusion E-350
Windows 7 Professional x64
OS and system have been used for 6 months
current OS is the one that came with netbook but upgraded to professional

A:BSOD after video driver crashes. more info in post

All three dumps point to the same:

HTML Code:
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Sat Sep 10 05:51:47.533 2011 (UTC + 2:00)
System Uptime: 2 days 4:43:43.702
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+72ec )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`03c74010 fffff880`02c072ec 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 8FET24WW (1.08 )
BiosReleaseDate = 02/17/2011
SystemManufacturer = LENOVO
SystemProductName = 0596CTO
Debug session time: Mon Sep 5 23:16:55.306 2011 (UTC + 2:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 21:11:19.630
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`0469a4e0 fffff880`06a9a2ec 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
Debug session time: Sun Sep 4 02:04:08.235 2011 (UTC + 2:00)
System Uptime: 2 days 1:06:14.529
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`05f46010 fffff880`011b82ec 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
Though it might be hardware, please check drivers first.

De-install your ATI graphics software completely. Finish that off by the extra step of using Driver Sweeper:

Quote:
When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver.
Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

Install latest driver(!) NOT Catalyst Center(!) from ati.com.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/185796-bsod-after-video-driver-crashes-more-info-post.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey everyone whenever I open uTorrent OR (Driver uTorrent NOT LESS IRQL EQUAL) BSOD. causing my computer would crash after about minutes or so Trying other torrent programs such as Bit Torrent and Frost Wire also ended with the same result Below is my minidump I also attached the full dumps zip files Thank you Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x d Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff fd Caused By Driver rasl tp sys Caused By Address rasl tp sys d f File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe a Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C uTorrent causing BSOD. (Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL) Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String DRIVER IRQL uTorrent causing BSOD. (Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL) NOT uTorrent causing BSOD. (Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL) LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x d Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff cfd Caused By Driver NETIO SYS Caused By Address NETIO SYS cfd File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe a Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x d Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff cfd Caused By Driver raspppoe sys Caused By Address raspppoe sys c File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe a Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time

A:uTorrent causing BSOD. (Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL)

Welcome,
I'm going to guess that you have been infected. Those sites are know to be serious infection spreaders.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558133/utorrent-causing-bsod-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal/
Relevancy 58.48%

Please reference this thread.

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1063996-blue-screen-death-2.html#post8439745

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 58.48%

Dear all,

I am running Win 7 x64 at my notebook Acer 5820TG (i5 430M, ATI Mobility Radeon 5650, 4GB RAM, 640 GB HDD). On a different forum someone checked my crash dumps and figured out that my BSODs are being caused by my Broadcom wireless driver (BCM43225). Basically, I get a BSOD whenever I put the computer to sleep/hibernate. NTB is trying for around 10 minutes go to the sleep/hibernate mode but after this time BSOD appears.

I have tried a few different versions of my broadcom driver. Regardless, I still get a BSOD error. I have been using Windows 7 for over a year, and this only started happening on my last update of my notebook (SP1, VGA drivers, ...). Do you know any solution how to solve this problem?

A:probably wlan driver causing BSOD on sleep/hibernate

Quote: Originally Posted by cz4r

Dear all,

I am running Win 7 x64 at my notebook Acer 5820TG (i5 430M, ATI Mobility Radeon 5650, 4GB RAM, 640 GB HDD). On a different forum someone checked my crash dumps and figured out that my BSODs are being caused by my Broadcom wireless driver (BCM43225). Basically, I get a BSOD whenever I put the computer to sleep/hibernate. NTB is trying for around 10 minutes go to the sleep/hibernate mode but after this time BSOD appears.

I have tried a few different versions of my broadcom driver. Regardless, I still get a BSOD error. I have been using Windows 7 for over a year, and this only started happening on my last update of my notebook (SP1, VGA drivers, ...). Do you know any solution how to solve this problem?

This sisngle DMP file does not point to your broadcom driver. It does say that "a" driver is causing an inconsistent power state but points to PCI.sys.

I would do two things

First remove sptd.sys
Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

when you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.

Second since an OS file is suspect run a system file check t o verify and repair you os files.

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

It may need to be run up to three times before sucessful

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.
Further
Old drivers needing update

Code:
SSPORT.sys 8/11/2005 6:07:32 PM fffff880`08bc6000 fffff880`08bce000 0x00008000 0x42fbda34
000.fcl 9/26/2008 8:11:22 AM fffff880`08a00000 fffff880`08a2b000 0x0002b000 0x48dcdf7a
NTIDrvr.sys 3/24/2009 10:09:39 PM fffff880`06d55000 fffff880`06d5d000 0x00008000 0x49c9a073
UBHelper.sys 4/27/2009 3:48:19 AM fffff880`06d4d000 fffff880`06d55000 0x00008000 0x49f57153
mwlPSDFilter.sys 6/2/2009 5:07:30 AM fffff880`0464a000 fffff880`04653000 0x00009000 0x4a24f9e2
mwlPSDNServ.sys 6/2/2009 5:07:39 AM fffff880`018be000 fffff880`018c6000 0x00008000 0x4a24f9eb
mwlPSDVDisk.sys 6/2/2009 5:15:29 AM fffff880`018ab000 fffff880`018be000 0x00013000 0x4a24fbc1
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org/drvrdown.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195739-probably-wlan-driver-causing-bsod-sleep-hibernate.html
Relevancy 58.48%

BSOD running Labview for long periods of time. The error seems to be tied to a USB driver error. I am unable to determine what driver is causing it. I will post the dump.dmp files.
Pretty much need help in debugging the crashes.

The devices being used are an LDT-5940C, Coherent PowerMAX USB PS19, and NI DAQmx 6341.

Thanks for any help.

A:Driver causing BSOD while running Labview need help debugging

Could you use this tool to post all the files here..

Yes all the BSOD's does point to usbser.sys.... but based on the hardware that you have mentioned here.... alll are usb based..

So please upload all the files i will have a look

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290311-driver-causing-bsod-while-running-labview-need-help-debugging.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi im new to this forum would like to say hi to all first and thanks in advance for the help so i have a NEC Versa notebook with Intel error. software blue screen driver causing possible BSOD Centrino GHz gb ram GB Sata hard drive with windows professional x installed The system came originally installed with Windows XP however i performed a fresh installation to windows using Vista drivers all devices where installed and none are without drivers or disabled The system was installed with Windows for a month so i can exclude it is a case of too much software BSOD error. possible driver software causing blue screen installed i take good care of what software I install and try to keep it with less unncessessary software as much as possible i am experienceing numerious crashes every day on my notebook i checked the ram by removing module at a time and neither the ram seems falty futher to that i also used memtest several times to resolve the issue I am incluned to think that the problem is driven by some drivers but at this stage i did not manage to find the culprid i attached the health check together with the bsod files as per instructions any help with be highely appreciated thanks and hope to have a reply

A:BSOD error. possible driver software causing blue screen

Quote: Originally Posted by adult

Hi,
im new to this forum, would like to say hi to all first and thanks in advance for the help.

so i have a NEC Versa notebook, with Intel Centrino 1.8GHz, 3gb ram, 150GB Sata hard drive with windows 7 professional x32 installed. The system came originally installed with Windows XP however i performed a fresh installation to windows 7 using Vista drivers. all devices where installed and none are without drivers or disabled. The system was installed with Windows 7 for a month so i can exclude it is a case of too much software installed, i take good care of what software I install and try to keep it with less unncessessary software as much as possible.
i am experienceing numerious crashes every day on my notebook. i checked the ram by removing 1 module at a time and neither the ram seems falty. futher to that i also used memtest several times to resolve the issue.

I am incluned to think that the problem is driven by some drivers, but at this stage i did not manage to find the culprid. i attached the health check together with the bsod files as per instructions. any help with be highely appreciated.

thanks and hope to have a reply.

The most recent one was caused by your video driver. It is an ancient video card/chipset if it uses that driver.
I would re-install with win 7 drivers using this method
When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Or Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\050911-14539-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16695.x86fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82a1e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82b66810
Debug session time: Mon May 9 15:11:34.501 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:10:44.060
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MAXIMUM_WAIT_OBJECTS_EXCEEDED (c)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000
Arg2: 00000000
Arg3: 00000000
Arg4: 00000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xC

PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82a8730e to 82afadd3

STACK_TEXT:
8a376594 82a8730e 0000000c 00000000 87bfd008 nt!KeBugCheck+0x14
8a376700 8e2c802d 8a376724 00000000 00000001 nt!KeWaitForMultipleObjects+0x37
8a376738 8e2efbcd 87bfd008 8a376724 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForEvents+0x7f
8a37675c 8e2f00cb 87bfd008 8a37677c 00000002 dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x11f
8a3767dc 91127756 87bfd008 00000000 00000001 dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForQueuedPresentLimit+0x10b
8a3767f0 91145621 861bf2d0 84d995e0 00000000 dxgkrnl!VIDSCH_EXPORT::VidSchWaitForQueuedPresentLimit+0x17
8a376a04 911435ca 00000000 8a376cdc 8a376cb8 dxgkrnl!DXGCO... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162174-bsod-error-possible-driver-software-causing-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey all,

I have a user with a Dell Latitude E7450 that has recently In-Place Upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and ever since the upgrade, her Wifi blue screens when running a speedtest from speedtest.net. (Or presumably after any extensive Wifi use) I have tried updating the drivers from Windows Update as well as from Dells website and the laptop is certified as being Windows 10 certified.

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57603-dell-latitude-e7450-wifi-driver-causing-bsod.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all Could really use some help diagnosing BSOD that started with specific windows issue? driver Win10 - Anniversary Updates BSOD causing updates and is forcing me to continue to use a restore point of The following updates were downloaded and attempt to install with every startup Cumulative Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Cumulative Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB The system will start and show landing page it connects to wifi and when trying to sign in goes to BSOD If you leave landing page it will BSOD after about seconds The error message is an APC Index Mismatch issue nbsp I looked in the event log and think these are the relevant items The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x ffe a e x x xffffb fc Win10 Anniversary Updates causing BSOD - driver issue? b A dump was saved in C WINDOWS MEMORY DMP Report Id a b-c e - ca- eff- ca b e Intel R Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware I ve been posting back and forth over at the MS community but thus far just being told to do the standard collect dmps and post hoping Win10 Anniversary Updates causing BSOD - driver issue? someone here might be able to assist in resolving System Specs Dell Venue vProDual Intel i - Y Ghz G RAM Storage bit OS Windows Pro Version OS build Log Files Win10 Anniversary Updates causing BSOD - driver issue? and Sys file nbsp https drv ms u s AiJvkB rIkmoirXtG yC ojosbU older files are initial pulls nd set with Nov date were collected after running driver verifier Of note - looking at device manager the Intel Management Interface now has an error icon wasn t there before the above updates downloaded Attempted to roll back the driver but it s the original Tried to update the driver but it fails to intall device cannot start code I haven t yet run memtest - nbsp If anyone could provide info guidance I d be very appreciative Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19997141
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello i m using Gembird AP- USB headset which uses C-Media CM audio driver device audio C-media headset bsod causing chip i m C-media headset audio device driver causing bsod getting bsod while playing certain games and ocassionally also when just in windows In one game and in windows i m getting page fault in nonpaged area probably caused by cm sys in another game i m getting irql not less or equal i examined crash dumps using windbg - page fault in nonpaged area BugCheck f f cee Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by CM sys CM c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Invalid system memory was referenced This cannot be protected by try-except it must be protected by a Probe Typically the address is just plain C-media headset audio device driver causing bsod bad or it is pointing at freed memory Arguments Arg f f memory referenced Arg value read operation write operation Arg cee If non-zero the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address Arg reserved Debugging Details ------------------ Could not read faulting driver name READ ADDRESS f f FAULTING IP CM c cee b a mov bp word ptr edx MM INTERNAL CODE CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME SbzEngine exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from to cee STACK TEXT CM xc STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP CM c cee b a mov bp word ptr edx SYMBOL STACK INDEX FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME CM IMAGE NAME CM sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP a e f SYMBOL NAME CM c FAILURE BUCKET ID x CM c BUCKET ID x CM c Followup MachineOwner --------- - irql not less or equal BugCheck A fa Probably caused by USBPORT SYS USBPORT USBPORT CompleteTransfer Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg fa address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt KeInsertQueueApc fa e cmp byte ptr esi h bl CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA PROCESS NAME System LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from f to fa STACK TEXT b c f d a nt KeInsertQueueApc x b c b be ee a fc b nt IopfCompleteRequest x d b cac b be d ac f c a USBPORT USBPORT CompleteTransfer x b ce b be d b ec a fc USBPORT USBPORT FlushCancelList x b d b be c b a fc USBPORT USBPORT DmaEndpointWorker x b b d b beb a b b USBPORT USBPORT CoreEndpointWorker x d b d c b be fc b af c USBPORT USBPORT Worker x b dac c a b USBPORT USBPORT WorkerThread x a b ddc fa b be e b nt PspSystemThreadStartup x nt KiThreadStartup x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP USBPORT USBPORT CompleteTransfer b be ee a dd mov cl byte ptr ebp- h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME USBPORT USBPORT CompleteTransfer FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME USBPORT IMAGE NAME USBPORT SYS DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP d FAILURE BUCKET ID xA USBPORT USBPORT CompleteTransfer BUCKET ID xA USBPORT USBPORT CompleteTransfer Followup MachineOwner ----------------- i m perfectly sure the issues are caused by the CM audio USB because when i m using my speakers with my other sound device onboard Realtek HD ALC i don t get any bsods at all i tried reinstalling CM drivers several times downloaded from gembird support site with no avail i m using latest drivers for all maiboard gpu and realtek audio system specs Athlon AM singlecore x MB A-DATA MHz DDR MSI K N Neo-F nForce Radeon X Pro MB PciE audio - Realtek HD ALC on-board audio - Gembird AP USB headphones C-Media CM chip WinXP Professional SP any help would be much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-media-headset-audio-device-driver-causing-bsod.640720/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyone It's my first time here in the forums nice to meet you all Now the problems As in the title everytime I play games that use the freezing computer the driver or while playing causing BSOD Nvidia Nvidia card sometimes kinda rarely it freezes the computer and I have to do a cold reboot to use the computer again Another possible way is while the game is open if you try to watch a video on youtube in firefox that doesn't use the dedicated graphics or if the Nvidia driver freezing the computer while playing or causing BSOD UAC pops up it sometimes causes an BSOD I don't remember the error message sorry I already tried to - Reinstall the drivers from Nvidia - Update the integrated graphics driver but I can't the error was that I have to use the manufacturer drivers but they didn't updated the drivers for months I will upload both files Nvidia driver freezing the computer while playing or causing BSOD that was asked in the pinned topic Info about this computer - OS Windows Education -bits updated with the Anniversary Update - Original OS installed Windows Pro -bits - I removed the OS that came installed and installed Windows Education - Age of the hardware years - CPU Intel core i U - Video Card Nvidia gt m - GB - System Manufacturer Dell - Laptop model Vostro I will run the other tests and post the results by editing this post if possible Thank you for helping me PS The problem was happening even before the Anniversary Update I also checked with sfc scannow for any problems but it was all good

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622606/nvidia-driver-freezing-the-computer-while-playing-or-causing-bsod/
Relevancy 58.05%

Ever since I installed all the relevant firmware/driver updates for my TB15 and XPS-15, I have experienced random BSOD's. I finally have narrowed the cause down to the driver for the Realtek GbE Family Controller. That driver is rtux64w10.sys. I have installed the latest version (10.6.1211.2015) from the Dell Support site. I was using a previous version (10.5.1019.2015) with another USB-C Ethernet adapter and that worked fine. This is one among several problems reported here about the TB15. If this is not fixed shortly, I will be forced to return it.
JohnD

A:TB15 Dock Realtek GbE Controller Driver causing BSOD's

same problem here.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19676360
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm having a very strange BSOD Here is what I can tell after device domain causing BSOD adding to Video driver for sure System is dual boot with XP and Win pro Everything was Video driver causing BSOD after adding device to domain working fine I could boot to either OS I added the Windows install to our domain I rebooted and BSOD x I can boot to safe mode and from there if I strip off the nVidia drivers it will boot up fine Unfortunately in immediately installs the drivers again once I reboot BSOD I've tried every available nVidia driver for le Default VGA drivers are not acceptable as I have monitors to run off cards and default VGA only gives acces to one card and one monitor I have spent full days trying to find any sort of answer There are a lot of issues with nVidia and Win BSOD However they usually seem to be after the PC boots and the user is in an application My issue is on boot If I take it off the domain and remove the drivers I can then reboot and install the nVidia drivers and they work fine Not acceptable as it needs to be on the domain Any ideas on what to try Or am I better off looking into an ATI chip graphics card to avoid more headaches with nVidia If so does anyone have a suggestion on an equivalent ATI PCI-e card

A:Video driver causing BSOD after adding device to domain

Apparently the issue only occurs when I have quad monitors set up. If I disconnect the monitors from the second card it will load drivers and boot perfectly. So I guess the question now becomes does anyone know of an issue that would cause Windows to BSOD on the second card intializing? Again, I'm thinking about just moving to ATI cards and using crossfireX to get all 4 monitors working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/57351-video-driver-causing-bsod-after-adding-device-domain.html
Relevancy 57.19%

It doesn't always blue screen, some times during a video it freezes and the audio skips, or the screen will look as if my LCD was broken or pixelated while also frozen, or it will just go back and restart. When it does freeze i notice that my H-DISC light is lit up, not blinking but constant on. This build never ran strong from the get go, but i ran with it :/ thank you ahead of time

TRIED:Uninstalling video drivers
swaping ram
removing overclock
bios set to defaults
uninstalling AMD CCC
uninstalled AMD Fusion

PC SPECS:450w psu
2gig low latency ram (not their fault)
western digital caviar blue HDD
AMD Atholon II x2 black edition
rosewill wireless card (problem existed before this, everything isn't rosewills fault XD)
ASRock A785GHX/128M motherboard

Ive got a few bucks and am thinking about Swaping MoBo's but dont want to :/

A:Suspected Video driver conflicts causing BSOD or hard crash

Code:
Host Name: BLACKDRAGON
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Nate
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
Original Install Date: 8/19/2011, 10:10:53 PM
System Boot Time: 8/7/2013, 11:18:23 PM
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type: X86-based PC
Post this report:Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300313-suspected-video-driver-conflicts-causing-bsod-hard-crash.html
Relevancy 56.76%

When applying this driver via Plug-n-Play during an OS deployment (Win7 x64) or when manually installing post OS deployment, this driver causes a BSOD.
There are no other drivers available for this. Anyone have a solution?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19995842
Relevancy 56.76%

When applying this driver via Plug-n-Play during an OS deployment (Win7 x64) or when manually installing post OS deployment, this driver causes a BSOD.
There are no other drivers available for this. Anyone have a solution?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995842
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Two days ago my brother plugged in his mp player into the computer 0x00000074 Dell "bad BSOD desktop system info" config Stop: and all of a sudden it froze So I turned it off When I turned it back on the dreaded BSOD was there saying quot BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO quot and the bottom said quot Stop x quot and Dell desktop BSOD Stop: 0x00000074 "bad system config info" some other codes within brackets I tried safemode and everything else on that black screen you get when you press f MULTIPLE TIMES None of it has worked After that I went on some other website where I learned I could get into my computer through the dell operating system recovery cd So I tried and it did not work yes I already went into the BIOS menu and made sure CDROM was first before inserting the cd When I restart the blue recovery cd window should be there but it isn t What should I do now If I can t get into my computer is there any way I can atleast save all my files pictures music etc I do not want to lose them all This has never happened to my computer before It always runs smoothly and quickly I am so frustrated please help me If you need any additional information in order to help please say so and I will give it to you nbsp

A:Dell desktop BSOD Stop: 0x00000074 "bad system config info"

This means there is an error in your registry. This corruption could be due to a failing harddrive or possible infection. You need to ask your brother just what is it he has on that MP3 player.

Also, do not use registry fixers. We have found they cause a ton of issues and rarely fix the registry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-desktop-bsod-stop-0x00000074-bad-system-config-info.160715/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello 1st time here, there is my dump file & html, any help will be appricieted:
my specs:
Mobo: Asus M4A785T-M
CPU: AMD Athlon II 240 2.8GHz
RAM: 2x2GB A-Data DDR3 1333MHz
GPU: Palit GTX 460 768MB
HDD: 2x WD 640GB & 1TB
PSU: Xigmatek 550W...
Don't use 3D...

A:BSOD & Driver stop responding

Your Nvidia driver was the cause

Uninstall the driver, then use driver sweeper to remove leftover Nvidia display driver files
http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Dr...Version-2-9-0/
Then install the latest drivers
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html

ASACPI.sys the 2005 version is a huge cause of BSODs

Information
The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005)

Code:
ASACPI.sys fffff880`11df6000 fffff880`11dfe000 0x00008000 0x42476c4c 28/03/2005 06:30:36
Update any Razer driver, the one you use is seriously outdated, remove that device if no Windows7 certified drivers are found
http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...nloads&_a=view

Code:
DB3G.sys fffff880`038de000 fffff880`038e3280 0x00005280 0x436ef527 07/11/2005 10:33:11

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {fffff88769117750, 2, 1, fffff88011220d4e}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+121d4e )

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff88769117750, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88011220d4e, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002ecd0e8
fffff88769117750

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+121d4e
fffff880`11220d4e 4c891cd0 mov qword ptr [rax+rdx*8],r11

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88004f6e370 -- (.trap 0xfffff88004f6e370)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff88009b22000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa800455d668
rdx=00000000ebebeaea rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88011220d4e rsp=fffff88004f6e500 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000380f70f00000 r9=000000000000000f r10=0000000000000000
r11=0000380f70f00000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
nvlddmkm+0x121d4e:
fffff880`11220d4e 4c891cd0 mov qword ptr [rax+rdx*8],r11 ds:e9d0:fffff887`69117750=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002c9bbe9 to fffff80002c9c640

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`04f6e228 fffff800`02c9bbe9 : 00000000`0000000a fffff887`69117750 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`04f6e230 fffff800`02c9a860 : 00000000`08000600 fffffa80`03b7e9d0 00000000`00000000 0000000f`70f00038 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`04f6e370 fffff880`11220d4e : fffffa80... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154701-bsod-driver-stop-responding.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Just receieved the 1st stop message I've had since I stopped getting the originals (casued by ZoneAlarm) 5 days ago. It happened sudenly after my PC was left idle for around 5 hours and I came onto it and dialed up for it to crash to BSOD with the Memory Violation Error (0xc0000005) blaming the ati2dvag.sys driver. Unfortunately it did not leave a minidump or an event only this :

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

As an application error. All I can remember doing so far, is A) Installing my Printer and B) Updating AVG last night.

A:Stop message yet no minidump.

No event log and minidump is the symptom of sever hardware problem such as high temperature, faulty PSU, faulty m/B or CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-message-yet-no-minidump.30207/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi first time poster. Have followed the instructions in the minidump instructions and I keep getting the following random error.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 16/04/2008
Time: 18:01:35
User: N/A
Computer: STUDY
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000008e (0x80000003, 0x804e3586, 0xf0f2bac0, 0x00000000). A full dump was not saved.

It appears to be on shutdown but I never see the BSOD. I had a problem with the machine randomly rebooting which turned out to be the reset switch had gone almost closed circuit (100 ohms) so I disconnected that. Since then I have been getting the 0x08e error - anyone help with my mini dump ?

A:Stop 0x08e help with minidump

Ok further investigation shows my machine crashed once this morning but every time I reboot, even into safe mode, the event log gets a save dump message on bootup with this mornings error details in it - the one you can see above. Is there any way I can stop this message appearing as I have witnessed a normal shutdown but this message still appears on bootup. It's not my machine so I don't know if it has crashed. How do I clear this message? Thanks in advance. - Tim

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-0x08e-help-with-minidump.103351/
Relevancy 55.9%

Win Pro Hi guys it's been a long time Windows starts as usual but after a few moments the 'spinning blue wheel' appears and I get the message Installing device driver software Aparently the at BSOD, STOP: shown OXFFFFFFFFCOOOOOO5 driver programme is called 'Web Companion' If I click on it it says Another Instance is running Configuration system failed to initialize Then the BSOD opens A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer Check you have adequate disk space If a driver has been identified in the 'STOP' message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters etc STOP OXOOOOOO E OXFFFFFFFFCOOOOOO OXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OXFFFFF OO F A OXFFFFF OO F The first number remains the same every time I try it however the numbers in the brackets change every time BSOD, driver shown at STOP: OXFFFFFFFFCOOOOOO5 It also tells me to press F so I can start in 'Safe Mode' to make the neccessary corrections etc However and this is the main reason I'm talking to you guys after a few seconds in 'Safe Mode' it still goes to the BSOD So I don't get a chance to make any alterations let alone find them I think I'm going to have to see if I can get to and initiate a last good save that actually works Anyway this 'Web Companion' programme is it anything to do with Windows System or is it rd party Because if there's enough time I could try to uninstall that

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/bsod-driver-shown-stop-oxffffffffcoooooo5-4603046/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Guys I recently Installed Paragon HFS For those of you HFS+ Paragon BSOD install, Driver STOP who aren't familiar with it it is a driver utility Paragon HFS+ Driver install, STOP BSOD that allows Windows Operating systems to be able to detect and Paragon HFS+ Driver install, STOP BSOD have read write access to HFS HFS Hard drives and file systems mainly Mac hard drives I downloaded the Trial Version from their website installed and restarted but would not load past the windows loading and kept given a BSOD I did some quick research and found most people were able to boot into a different operating system and delete files from C Windows System Drivers HFS SYS And then reboot back into windows and un-install correctly I wacked in my ubuntu Live CD Booted in and Deleted drivers that began with HFS Rebooted But no luck I then went back and deleted another two Drivers that I found were from paragon as well Still no luck however When ever I reboot now I get a STOP BSOD I am unable to boot into windows so still using the Ubuntu live CD I have attached my Mini-dump file If some one could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it EDIT System Specs Intel GHZ Core i Lynnfield Corsair Dominator x GB PC - C GIGABYTE-X A-UD R Intel GB SSD

A:Paragon HFS+ Driver install, STOP BSOD

Can anyone help with this? This Is what I installed. HFS for Windows &#45; file system driver | PARAGON Software Group

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238183-paragon-hfs-driver-install-stop-bsod.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi

Running a Dell computer with Windows 7. Computer is about 2.5 years old.

Yesterday I was watching a youtube video and also using internet explorer, when a rare blue screen error occurred.

I check the event viewer when it rebooted but there was no entry for this error. There is also nothing in the minidump file.

The only thing I found in the event viewer was a "Kernal Power" Event ID 41 entry and the following details which were about the time just after the stop error.

EventData

BugcheckCode 309
BugcheckParameter1 0xffffffffc0000005
BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff880035fb8f0
BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff880014503a0
BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff8a0002c6100
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Not sure what "Bugcheckcode 309" is about. Googling it came up with nothing.

A:STOP error with no log in minidump file

Quote:

There is also nothing in the minidump file.

According to what? Is it corrupt (0 kb)?

If not, follow - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

If it is corrupt:

1. Start > type %systemroot% which should show the Windows folder, click on it. Once inside that folder, ensure there is a Minidump folder created. If not, CTRL-SHIFT-N to make a New Folder and name it Minidump.

2. Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Ensure there's a check-mark for 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives'.

3. Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings > System Failure > ensure there is a check mark next to 'Write an event to the system log'.

4. Double check that the WERS is ENABLED:

Start > Search > type services.msc > Under the name tab, find Windows Error Reporting Service > If the status of the service is not Started then right click it and select Start. Also ensure that under Startup Type it is set to Automatic rather than Manual. You can do this by right clicking it, selecting properties, and under General selecting startup type to 'Automatic', and then click Apply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stop-error-with-no-log-in-minidump-file-958985.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi!

First of, ty everyone who helps a stranger =)
Second, please excuse my spelling.
Third, added the files you wanted, but the PERFMON.HTML is in swedish.

My problem is bluescreens every time I run a 3D game or watch a .avi/.mpg/.mdf or go on youtube IF I got torrents running. When I don't have torrents running I will still get bluescreens, but much less frekvent.
My system will bluescreen with a clean install or with everything updated both. I did a bios update about 4 month ago with no effekt. Current install is about 4 months old.

My system:
Windows 7 Home Premium orginal
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.21 Ghz
16 GB RAM
ASUS Crosshair IV extreme
AMD Radeon HD 6900
AMD Radeon HD 6900
WDC WD20EARS-00S8B1 ATA Device (2 tb hd)
WDC WD20EARS-00S8B1 ATA Device (2 tb hd)

Do you need any other info?

*love*

A:BSOD = Driver IRQ not less or equal. STOP: 0x000000D1. e1q62x64.sys

See this GUIDE to Stop Errors for Vista/Win 7. May help with the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187927-bsod-driver-irq-not-less-equal-stop-0x000000d1-e1q62x64-sys.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I was informed today that our home computer has been freezing over the last day or so. I logged on and looked up some info on the error i was described, then perhaps fortunately, i got the vile BSOD. This is what was contained:

0x0000008E (0xc01000005, 0xBF801CBE, 0xA67A7c40, 0x00000000)

win 32k.sys - Address BF801CBE base at BF800000, DateStamp 41107f7a
Then it began a memory dump.

It claims a device driver error, but i do not recall installing anything recently. the windows report proved less than helpful (surprise).

Any help you all can give would be great. Should I download hijackthis and set up a log?

Thanks,

CB

A:BSOD stop error, caused by device driver. HELP!

A memory test is an easy start on diagnosis:

Memtest86
Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-stop-error-caused-by-device-driver-help.540569/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello people, firstly im new so hello everyone.
I have a laptop which is running windows vista 32 bit, intel celeron 1.86ghz, 512 ram.

Just recently i have had a windows stop error appear. It only seems to pop up when the computer has been left idle for a period of time and never shows up when starting up or shutting down. Since it only pops up for a brief ammount if time, i cannot read the full error but im able to see this "Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal" I cant think of anything that i have done to cause this apart from maybe installing a non compatible driver. I havent added any hardware or anything like that.
I know there is a tool for collecting dump files, could someone please point me in the right direction so i could upload the results?

Thanks in advance

A:Bsod stop error. Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

The dumpfile is a temporary file and most times is deleted after a reboot.

Have you checked the device manager for any errors with hardware?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226374/bsod-stop-error-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal/
Relevancy 55.04%

First off as a first time poster here I have to thank anyone that s actually spending their time attempting to help a complete stranger Thank you I am infinitely grateful I installed the windows Beta build a Windows Framework [BSOD FUN] Error Driver Stop few days ago and things went smoothly for about hours I now get BSODs within moments of a reboot Specifically a stop error http www faultwire com solutions Windows Driver Framework Stop Error [BSOD FUN] bsod Th D- html also a second resource on the topic http msdn microsoft com en-us library aa aspx that picture is the Windows Driver Framework Stop Error [BSOD FUN] screen with my specific error code being x D x x x FFA DF xFFFFFA quot The driver attempted to send a Windows Driver Framework Stop Error [BSOD FUN] framework request that has already been sent to an I O target quot is my problem according to my st two parameters I just can t figure out what to do from there Attempted fixes - updated any obvious drivers in device manager- disabled virtually everything that had an exclamation point- checked for loose hardware in my computer- dusted my computer for good measure- system restored back to st day - bsod was delayed by about hours other notes My Pc has been running XP pro bit perfectly for the months prior to trying the windows beta Once again thank you any and all for your assistance D

A:Windows Driver Framework Stop Error [BSOD FUN]

Try this link to perform an analysis of the memory dump that was generated by the BSOD event: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/Copy/Paste the results into your next post and we'll see if we can figure it out from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203313/windows-driver-framework-stop-error-bsod-fun/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey everybody im new to this forum, or....any forum to be honest hope this is the right place to post.

I'm Having some problems with my custom built gaming rig, I recently keep getting the 0x00001D Driver irql not less or equal blue screen error, a lot of the time recently it is when im playing a game, although i do get some other different blue screens from time to time when im not gaming, this has plagued me for some time and i really need some help.

Could anyone be of assisstance please?
I assume you would like the dmp. files of the errors in order to work it out? if so how do I upload them? because the site doesn't allow attachments of dmp. files.

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD STOP 0x00001D Driver irql not less or equal

I see it accepts Zip files so here is one of the memory dumps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-stop-0x00001d-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal-591915.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey all This my first post here so be nice to me Over Night at next day i started my Acer Aspire g after the win logo i get the BSOD Hardware cause dxgkrnl.sys Stop - Driver 0x00000116, dxg atikmpag.sys AMD BSOD Radeon HD M Not Switchable to Intel I - qm x GB Kingston CD DVD Wlan Atheros Lan Atheros I am studdying IT but i am out of my knowlegde now I only can get in safe mode and in normal mode with the Default VGA Driver The Output on my are since years broken i only get weak colorless signal out of it Because of that the Laptop boots on VGA and not on Notebook Display Only CCC from AMD can detect my Display Notebook Back to problem I tried to delete install new Graphic and Old Drivers I tried to update Windows BSOD - AMD Driver cause Stop 0x00000116, atikmpag.sys dxgkrnl.sys dxg i didnt update since a year BSOD - AMD Driver cause Stop 0x00000116, atikmpag.sys dxgkrnl.sys dxg Some Hotfix EXPAN EXE ati sys files and and atikmpag sys dxgkrnl sys dxgmms sys are marked in Bluescreenview as Red Here a link to Sky Drive with some DUMP Files and DriveView https onedrive live com redir resi hint folder c Microsoft services

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382271-bsod-amd-driver-cause-stop-0x00000116-atikmpag-sys-dxgkrnl-sys-dxg.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I have an intermittent problem here my favorite kind - and I was hoping someone could offer their insights I have three Cybernet GX All-In-One computers here Logs Minidump with 0xF4 Error no Stop running Windows XP SP which are randomly giving me a BSOD with Stop errors STOP x F x x ACDA x ACF x D and the message quot A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated quot quot Beginning dump of physical memory quot I can attach an image of the screen if it will help After this error occurs Stop Error 0xF4 with no Minidump Logs I go looking for a Minidump file but none was created the system is configured to create a KB dump Event viewer has no information about any errors in the system The steps I have taken so far follow Memtest Prime and OCCT have been run on the units for several hours this was done before the units were put into use have produced no issues I ve checked the drives with Hard Drive Re-generator and of the three units experiencing problems two passed with no issues I m getting ready to replace the hard drive in the one which failed I ve run Driver Verifier on one of the computers and it produced no issues According to my research on Google this issue can be created by having the drive with the OS partition incorrect configured as a slave The drive is an SATA drive and appears in BIOS as the Primary Master The DVD drive is configured as secondary master Another site I found states that the Page file settings can create this issue The page file is set to Custom Size between and GB the computer has GB of RAM These settings were set at the factory and I have not changed them Does anyone have any ideas on what an be causing this I feel like the fact that the BSOD declares that it is quot Beginning dump of physical memory quot but doesn t actually perform the dump is indicative of something but I m not sure what So far I have not been able to reproduce the issue quot on cue quot and I ve let the computers run here for several days Of course once I sit a user in front of the machine it fails within a few hours but I haven t found any pattern to the failures One of the units experiencing issues is on a UPS so I doubt it could be power Thanks

A:Stop Error 0xF4 with no Minidump Logs

First...I would try to troubleshoot each system individually. There is no guarantee that the same situation exists on all three, cine BSODs can result due to varying conditions/circumstances. In the event that it happens to be the same issue on all three...solving it on one system viewed in isolation...would be wonderful, but not expected by me.Are these system networked?For one system...Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478104/stop-error-0xf4-with-no-minidump-logs/
Relevancy 55.04%

Windows 7 32-bit Stop 0x7e every time it boots after approximately 2-4 minutes. Runs fine in safe mode. Cant seem to get the debugging tools to install, could someone please check these 2 mdmps and see if you can tell me what driver is causing the 7e?

Thanks

A:Windows 7 Stop 0x7e minidump check please :D

Nevermind, I was able to get the information i needed by uploading the .dmp files to this site, which decoded them for me.

osronline.com/page.cfm?name=analyze

Thanks anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-stop-0x7e-minidump-check-please-d.177060/
Relevancy 55.04%

Since I sorted out a minidump file awhile ago (with a lot of help) my mate reckons I can sort his out..........

I have run the kd commands and got the txt file out and its crashing at ntkrnlpa.exe but I just wondered if anyone can throw anymore light on it as it is such a general error code.

the txt file is at
8e1.txt

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Steve

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-analysing-0x8e-stop-error-minidump-please.48447/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I had to make a new topic about this because my old one infinite driver (BSOD), loop 9C Device STOP problem got locked I squared away some illegal software that somehow crept on my machine and now we're all good Anyway here's the deal My computer Device driver infinite loop problem (BSOD), STOP 9C will Device driver infinite loop problem (BSOD), STOP 9C blue screen every now and then I've seen MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION and DEVICE DRIVER INFINITE LOOP blue screens This computer is custom built by me and not even months old Here's my MiniToolBox results MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Aaron administrator on - - at Running from C Users Aaron Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Model H -D HP Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Intel reg Ethernet Connection I -V Local Area Connection Connected Hamachi Network Interface Hamachi Connected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled add route prefix interface Hamachi nexthop publish Yes set interface interface Hamachi forwarding disabled advertise disabled metric siteprefixlength nud disabled routerdiscovery disabled managedaddress disabled otherstateful disabled weakhostsend disabled weakhostreceive disabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled advertisedrouterlifetime advertisedefaultroute disabled currenthoplimit forcearpndwolpattern disabled enabledirectedmacwolpattern disabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name Arnzillazor Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - - - D- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b d a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe f a ff b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday March PM Lease Expires Wednesday March PM Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-F - - - - D- C- -DE- D DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address - D- C- -DE- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday March PM Lease Expires Thursday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-F - - - - D- C- -DE- D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap DE - B - EC-AB -E A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D- EBE- B - B- A B BD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server DD-WRT Address Name google com Addresses f b e Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server DD-WRT Address Name yahoo com Addresses c a c a a Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from byt... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607603/device-driver-infinite-loop-problem-bsod-stop-9c/
Relevancy 54.61%

Alright you guys this has been an issue for a while and thank you 0x000124 Stop With Looping, Freezing BSOD Sound Restarting, VERY much for any help I built my PC about - months ago and it seemed to be completely fine I can t remember exactly when this started but it s been going on for a while The problem While playing World of Warcraft in Windows Vista I get random BSOD s that display a stop error and the code x When I play World of Warcraft on the same computer but with Windows XP I ve reformatted this thing so many times it still gets random freezes but the sound loops indefinitely The loop is just like a half second of whatever sound was playing at the time of the freeze It plays over and over sounds kind of like a Freezing With Sound Looping, Restarting, BSOD Stop 0x000124 dance track for lack of better example until I hit the reset button on my computer Now this only happens when I play World of Warcraft I also play Team Fortress regularly and I ve played Fallout for many hours straight with no problems This has occurred ONCE while not playing Freezing With Sound Looping, Restarting, BSOD Stop 0x000124 World of Freezing With Sound Looping, Restarting, BSOD Stop 0x000124 Warcraft I was watching a YouTube video and the same sort of freeze occurred and I had to hard reset my computer I watch YouTube videos often though and it only happened once I m not entirely sure if I had any applications open in the background This freeze while playing World of Warcraft seems to happen completely randomly It can occur after minutes or it can occur after two hours or at any point in between I ve tried opening the minidump file but WndDebug gives me some error about the wrong symbol files being loaded or something If you guys need to see it I can try to attach it somehow This is NOT a problem with overheating Lately I ve been leaving NVIDIA System Monitor open along with ASUS PC Probe II while playing World of Warcraft The last freeze occurred yesterday and both cores in my GPU were under degrees My CPU was at degrees never gets above this even under intense load like that provided by Prime I also stress tested my video card for two hours straight yesterday and it peeked at degrees I ll provide my system specs below I would also like to note that all of the voltages displayed by ASUS PC Probe II were stable This problem ONLY occurs in World of Warcraft with the exception of one time This problem occurs REGULARLY At LEAST once a day I can browse the internet for hours on end watch videos record music along with anything else The system seems completely stable otherwise My PC Motherboard ASUS Striker II Formula PSU Thermaltake Toughpower w Video Card NVIDIA gx Sound Card Onboard sound it s a SoundMAX card that came with the motherboard CPU Intel E RAM GB GB each stick in all DIMMS I can t remember the exact model number but it s Kingston brand and it s on the list of supported RAM for my motherboard The ASUS site is down right now so I can get it to you guys later if you need it I would also like to note that it passes memtest I ran it overnight Hard Drives A seagate and a maxtor SATA Wireless Card D-Link WDA- It s a PCI card NOTHING IS OVERCLOCKED I DON T EVEN USE THE STUPID AI UTILITY THAT CAME WITH THE MOTHERBOARD Just thought I d make that clear And that s about it I ve tried to be as detailed as possible If you have any further questions feel free to ask Thank you guys again for taking the time to help me nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

OS - Windows Proffesional x Age of system hardware - Near new Age of OS installation - Reinstalled twice CPU - AMD FX - Eight core GHz Video Card - AMD Raedon HD Series MotherBoard - BioStar Group A D Power Supply - W The system is less then a month old prebuilt without OS had some BSOD errors with memory stop errors worked out It was a faulty stick of RAM These errors were I if either BSOD Couple to had stop [SOLVED] memory or issue different driver errors, fairly relentless in terms of consistency I got BSOD over a week period on just the one stick I've now added the new second stick and i'm getting them reasonably [SOLVED] BSOD Couple different stop errors, either driver or memory issue if I had to consistent again but with slightly different stop errors I've done a dskcheck parse memtest updated drivers to the best of my knowledge made sure that all the BIOS is on default settings just in case something was accidentally overclocked and come to no fruition I re-installed the OS when I had the old stick but haven't done so since and want to use it as a last resort So now on my last leg i'm requiring some assistance

A:[SOLVED] BSOD Couple different stop errors, either driver or memory issue if I had to

Hi,

Various different bugchecks here:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)

Quote:

A severe memory management error occurred.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

Quote:

This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

Usual causes are a bug in a device driver, hardware related memory issues, corrupt NTFS volume, anti-virus software.

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)

Quote:

This error typically indicates low disk space, a bug in a device driver or the system BIOS.

In the *50 dump, we have atikmdag.sys throughout the DMP and on the stack:

Code:
fffff880`07b2bd08 fffff800`02ef3be0 : 00000000`00000050 fffff8a0`2353b140 00000000`00000000 fffff880`07b2be70 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`07b2bd10 fffff800`02e73d2e : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`2353b140 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`10630980 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4518f
fffff880`07b2be70 fffff880`0491d4a3 : fffff8a0`229f4a30 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`22859a60 fffffa80`0ae53010 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`07b2c000 fffff8a0`229f4a30 : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`22859a60 fffffa80`0ae53010 fffff880`07b2c090 : atikmdag+0xad4a3
fffff880`07b2c008 00000000`00000000 : fffff8a0`22859a60 fffffa80`0ae53010 fffff880`07b2c090 fffff880`04923e88 : 0xfffff8a0`229f4a30
Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. Beta drivers are an option if you have already tried latest and multiple previous versions.

In your loaded drivers list, dtsoftbus01.sys is listed which is the Daemon Tools driver. Daemon Tools is a very popular cause of BSOD's in 7/8 based systems. Please uninstall Daemon Tools. Alternative imaging programs are: MagicISO, Power ISO, etc.
If after doing the following you're still crashing, run a Memtest -

Memtest86+:

Quote:

Download Memtest86+ here:

Quote:

http://www.memtest.org/

Which should I download?

You can either download the pre-compiled ISO that you would burn to a CD and then boot from the CD, or you can download the auto-installer for the USB key. What this will do is format your USB drive, make it a bootable device, and then install the necessary files. Both do the same job, it's just up to you which you choose, or which you have available (whether it's CD or USB).

How Memtest works:

Memtest86 writes a series of test patterns to most memory addresses, reads back the data written, and compares it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests, varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth test, bit fade, is selectable from the menu. It writes all memory with zeroes, then sleeps for 90 minutes before checking to see if bits have changed (perhaps because of refresh problems). This is repeated with all ones for a total time of 3 hours per pass.

Many chipsets can report RAM speeds and timings via SPD (Serial Presence Detect) or EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles), and some even support changing the expected memory speed. If the expected memory speed is overclocked, Memtest86 can test that memory performance is error-free with these faster settings.

Some hardware is able to report the "PAT status" (PAT: enabled or PAT: disabled). This is a reference to Intel Performance acceleration technology; there may be BIOS settings which affect this aspect of memory timing.

This information, if available to the program, can be displayed via a menu option.

Any other questions, they can most likely be answered by reading this great guide here:

http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/28864-FAQ-please-read-before-posting

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-couple-different-stop-errors-either-driver-or-memory-issue-if-i-had-to-702085.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I'm using windows ultimate x For about days now I've been encountering BSOD stating that display driver timed out with stop x and nvlddmkm sys I tried the usual BSOD stuff but to no avail I uninstalled the display driver then installed the latest driver I uninstalled the display driver deleted old files then clean installed the latest driver I noticed that the cpu temp is around c idle and to working so I changed the cpu fan with a new one driver nvlddmkm.sys 0x116 BSOD Windows 7 code: display x64 Stop and the cpu temp now is around idle and to working I even rigged a fan for my gpu card All done with no effect except delaying the BSOD but when it happens it recurs quickly after restart hard resef My system consists of Cpu Core duo E GHz GA EP UD R Point of view GT GB Windows 7 x64 BSOD display driver nvlddmkm.sys Stop code: 0x116 ram GB RAM as modules Please help me I'm frustrated as I can't use my computer I'm sending this from my smart phone Is the display card faulty

A:Windows 7 x64 BSOD display driver nvlddmkm.sys Stop code: 0x116

Hi zoghrob,

Welcome to the 7forums.

Please re-run the tool and upload the new zip file, there are some files missing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384284-windows-7-x64-bsod-display-driver-nvlddmkm-sys-stop-code-0x116.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Everyone I am looking for a solution to a problem which started to occur today Last night I was prompted by Windows to do some updates after they had finished my computer shut down normally When I booted my computer today I was greeted by the BSOD with the following error code Stop c a The initial session process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x xc x a Windows is unable to repair the problem I can't boot in safe mode with or without network cmd or otherwise and Windows can't find any recovery points to recover the system to sign. disable BSOD driver only in boots - Stop enforcement c000021a nor can I boot the computer from the last known working configuration After some frustration I tried every option from the advanced boot menu and lo and behold the computer booted when I booted in disabled driver signature enforcement mode The computer seems to work fine in this mode I ran sigverif exe and it found one driver that was not signed a driver used by Daemon tools lite can't remember the name The driver was signed but still my computer wouldn't boot normally so I tried to remove Daemon tools hence why I can't remember the name but the computer still won't boot BSOD Stop c000021a - only boots in disable driver sign. enforcement normally Windows keeps telling me that I have three important updates to update but I can't seem to update them The updates are KB and KB but I have no idea BSOD Stop c000021a - only boots in disable driver sign. enforcement if they are connected to the issue I am attaching a screenshot from dxdiag and from the DM log collector if you need anything else to help me solve my issue please don't hesitate to ask Everything that could be helpful would be greatly appriciated Thanks in advance FintarenAttachment Attachment

A:BSOD Stop c000021a - only boots in disable driver sign. enforcement

bumping for vision

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376043-bsod-stop-c000021a-only-boots-disable-driver-sign-enforcement.html
Relevancy 53.32%

New computer worked for a month with no issues. No new software or hardware of note. I shut it down (properly) at night. First thing i get in the morning now is BSOD. No choice but to manually kill power and restart. On second start it works. Codes are as follows:

Attachment 225160

DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE
technical
STOP:
0x0000000000000003,
0xFFFFFA80045FDA10,
0xFFFFF80000BA2748,
0xFFFFFA8005561010

Thanks.

A:BSOD Driver Power State Failure Stop code assistance needed

BSkee,
Welcome to SevenForums.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244412-bsod-driver-power-state-failure-stop-code-assistance-needed.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Completed a format and reinstall of Windows XP Home I did this to recover after being struck with Virut After the reinstalll and reactivation of XP I went to windows update to download all of the security packs and SP While doing so the computer would seemingly randomly reboot itself I was able to get SP and AVG Antivirus and a video driver loaded in- between reboots but that's about it I am now getting this error message consistently decipher IRQL. Minidump 0x000000D1. Install: Pls & help Files STOP: After Format even the address associated with the STOP error doesn't change Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP x D xF x x xF I've run Memtest two passes per memory module - four passes total All passes were OK I've removed a sound card and a firewire card they're stil out during my troubleshooting Below are the results from Belarc I've also attached all of the minidump files There are of them in the zip from the past days Thank you for your time and help BELARC -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The license associated with the Belarc Advisor product allows for free personal use only Use on multiple computers in a corporate educational military or government installation is prohibited See the license agreement for details After Format & Install: STOP: 0x000000D1. IRQL. Pls help decipher Minidump Files The information on this page was created locally on your computer by the Belarc Advisor Your computer profile was not sent to a web server Click here for more info -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- About Belarc System Management Products Your Privacy In page Links Installed Hotfixes Software Licenses Software Versions System Security Status CIS Benchmark Score Available only for Windows XP Pro and Virus Protection Up-to-date Microsoft Security Updates missing -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Profile Summary Computer Name Tnt in MSHOME Profile Date Tuesday April AM Advisor Version x Windows Logon Owner Click here for Belarc's System Management products for large and small companies Operating System System Model Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build No details available Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache No details available Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space BENQ DVD DD DW CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive ST AS Hard drive GB -- drive WDC WD JB- EVA Hard drive GB -- drive WDC WD JD- HBB Hard drive GB -- drive Megabytes Installed Memory Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free e NTFS on drive GB After Format & Install: STOP: 0x000000D1. IRQL. Pls help decipher Minidump Files GB free g NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon Owner AM admin local system accounts Administrator never admin Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account None detected Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller x Secondary IDE Channel Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller x NVIDIA GeForce FX Microsoft Corporation Display adapter Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller x None detected Communications Other Devices Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address B AE Networking Dns Server HID-compliant consumer control device USB Human Interface Device Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard HID-compliant mouse USB Root Hub x Virus Protection Back to Top AVG Anti-Virus Free Version Realtime File Scanning On Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes Back to Top These required security hotfixes using the Mic... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/after-format-and-install-stop-0x000000d1-irql-pls-help-decipher-minidump-files-366649.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My system has been working well for some time, yesterday I did two things, first I updated my ASUS XONAR DX drivers to the latest version and secondly I installed the latest version of Java, ever since I have been getting BSOD's & freezes.

I have uninstalled both the drivers and Java, run sfc /scannow, run chkdsk on all drives, cleaned out drivers with driver sweeper, updated video drivers to the latest betas then went back to Windows standard ones, uninstalled all software and drivers I can, and I'm still getting BSOD's, not quite as frequently though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, all I can think of is pulling out some memory sticks and seeing if that helps, but as this suddenly started after installing new drivers my gut says it's not hardware.

Windows 7 x64
8GB RAM
GTX 560 Ti
Q6600

A:BSOD after updating sound driver

Quote: Originally Posted by baker99

My system has been working well for some time, yesterday I did two things, first I updated my ASUS XONAR DX drivers to the latest version and secondly I installed the latest version of Java, ever since I have been getting BSOD's & freezes.

I have uninstalled both the drivers and Java, run sfc /scannow, run chkdsk on all drives, cleaned out drivers with driver sweeper, updated video drivers to the latest betas then went back to Windows standard ones, uninstalled all software and drivers I can, and I'm still getting BSOD's, not quite as frequently though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, all I can think of is pulling out some memory sticks and seeing if that helps, but as this suddenly started after installing new drivers my gut says it's not hardware.

Windows 7 x64
8GB RAM
GTX 560 Ti
Q6600

No DMP files included in upload please try this method
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

Quote:
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200890-bsod-after-updating-sound-driver.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys I am a fatal Trojan error system Bamital!info causing newbie so please be patient I have windows XP home and use google chrome as my browser days ago I couldn t get any icons start up menu to appear on my desktop I googled this and as per advice accessed the internet using Ctl Alt Del I ran Norton antivirus which said there were no threats But subsequently Norton kept popping up saying security threats were detected and that they were prevented Also I was being directed to websites automatically instead of the ones I wanted This morning Norton detected this Trojan Bamital info and said it required manual removal but when I tried to it said that the virus could not be removed I followed the instructions on the symantec website which asked me to out the Trojan Bamital!info causing fatal system error computer in safe mode using F Before that i installed and ran MBAM which detected adware and other trojans and all were succesfully removed but the trojan bamital info was not detected I then tried to go into safe mode but it just kept going in a loop repeatedly and went into automatic restart I tried the start windows normally safe mode with networking etc and nothing works When i selected disabled automatic restart if system fails option the dreaded blue screen of death that I have read about but never seen appeared with Fatal System Error c a I simply cannot get windows to start and have switched my PC off after hours of trying Please HELP you computer GODS out there I will eternally be grateful for any advice Trojan Bamital!info causing fatal system error Desperately yours HG

A:Trojan Bamital!info causing fatal system error

Hey,

I had this problem to but I have bad news for you.
I contacted Norton on this matter and they said once this happens nothing can be done.
You have to format your C Drive and recover your computer to what it originally was when you first purchased it.
When you purchased your computer it may have come with a recovery CD, so you can do it yourself,
if not, you will have to send it in to the company you purchased it from and they will do it for you (i.e. if it's a HP give them a call and they will do it for you).
When you get that error it means your start-up file is corrupt. This happened to me for the first time, just yesterday, but I had the recovery CD and recovered it it myself.

Sorry about the bad news,

Mush.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342015/trojan-bamitalinfo-causing-fatal-system-error/