Windows Support Forum

Resume from Sleep- CPU fan low speed issue

Q: Resume from Sleep- CPU fan low speed issue

I have an issue that whenever my Desktop PC resumes from sleep the CPU fans will only spin up to issue from CPU low fan Sleep- speed Resume c rpm leading to a CPU temp of c C Whenever I do a clean boot restart or resume Resume from Sleep- CPU fan low speed issue from hibernate the CPU fans spin up to c rpm leading to a CPU temp of c C Now I know some will say even C is too high but my CPU has a max temp of C amp I don't get any issues at this temp So why when I resume from sleep are the fans not controlled properly Is this a BIOS issue- cannot see any relevant settings to change Is there some Advanced Power Management setting I need to change- I cannot find anything ACPI fan driver issues I have tried SpeedFan but I have the same issue BTW Speedfan with all fans at noisy leads to a CPU Temp of c C I'm at a loss really I would like to use sleep rather than shutdown or hibernate

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396867-resume-sleep-cpu-fan-low-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Resume from Sleep- CPU fan low speed issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi everyone I had some trouble today issue sleep Resume from with my Resume from sleep issue computer I seem to have fixed it but thought I would share my experience to see if I can help others who may be having similar issues System Specifications ASUS M A FX PRO R AMD FX- GB mhz GSkill RAM NVIDIA Geforce GT ASUS DVD Writer GB HDD w Modular Ultra X Power supply Thermaltake Versa H Gaming Case Windows PRO For weeks or so I was having an issue where my system would not wake from sleep properly Fans would spin and HDD would power up but no video or if video came on it would be at the lock screen and screen would shut off Had to do a hard reset to get the computer to boot I had noticed as the computer tried to resume from sleep mode the CPU LED would not blink indicating that the CPU has reinitialized Strange since that never happen before Although I do remember I removed my CPU to test in another FX Board to see if the other board was DOA It was and I reinstalled it in my system I decided to recheck everything today quot CPU Memory SATA Cables etc quot I reseated the memory saw no change Took the heatsink off of the CPU which came off easy and behold I see a tiny gap where my CPU was not fully seated No bent pins I'm surprised my system was even booting or running I reinserted the CPU fully seated it and put it back together checked the SATA Cables and found that one of my SATA Cables was slanted on my backup hard drive Pushed it back in Booted my computer put it in sleep mode and then tried to resume Voil the CPU LED blinked and the system resumed Also checked the event viewer and Resume from sleep issue it said the Service Control Manager failed to load after resuming from low power state Not fully sure what that is though Interesting that this happened This system has been solid for almost a year Cheers

A:Resume from sleep issue

I would say this has something to do with the drivers or the bios. my friend is having the same issue and i had it before i updated the bios.

if there is something to do with the bios you could check the motherboard manufactures website to see if there is an new update for the bios. These things can also come with windows updates and if the windows version is changing something in the power management it can also effect the bios in one way so there must be an update for the bios for this to be fixed.

Here is the link to the Asus page for bios and drivers: M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | Motherboards | ASUS USA

if there is anything in the OS that have changed i would consider you to either check some power option or try to reinstall a fresh version of windows to see if that would help.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38271-resume-sleep-issue.html
Relevancy 77.83%

We recently started purchasing Elitebook G laptops nbsp for staff and have come across a sleep issue that is being reported by most users that have these laptops The 820 - resume does not issue Elitebook G1 Sleep issue is that the laptops at random times do not resume from sleep mode Sometimes the users will close the lid on the laptop to head to a meeting on a different floor When they get there and open the lid and press on the power button Elitebook 820 G1 Sleep issue - does not resume the laptop will not resume from sleep The laptop's power button wireless button and speaker button are all lit up solid Pressing the keyboard will light up all the Elitebook 820 G1 Sleep issue - does not resume keyboard's backlights However regardless of what one tries to Elitebook 820 G1 Sleep issue - does not resume do nothing will get the laptop to resume from sleep mode Pressing the power button closing and opening the lid pressing the keyboard nbsp pressing the nbsp touchpad nbsp etc nothing works in getting the laptop out of sleep mode We end up having to hold down the power button for nbsp several seconds to fully power off the laptop and force a BIOS power cycle We have also experienced the problem while the laptop is docked to the HP Ultraslim Docking Station nbsp We have applied the following HP drivers to all these laptops which has not resolved the issue sp Video driver Version Rev Wsp BIOS driver Version Rev Asp Chipset driver Version sp Synaptics TouchPad driver Version sp Intel USB driver Version We have also ensured that the firmware on the HP Ultraslim Docking Station is version nbsp The Wndows Enterpise image we use is not the HP image nor a retail image It's a custom MDT nbsp image we built with the help of IBM consultants The default images does not have any of the HP drivers hence why we have tried adding all the drivers listed above to see if it would resolve the issue but without success

A:Elitebook 820 G1 Sleep issue - does not resume

Sounds the same as the 840.I've been testing fixes for that for ages but it's still not 100%.Update the ethernet driver and if these are through docks and the problem is usually after un docking and then sleeping, also try the dock firmware update that is available.Let me know how you get on as I've been watching this one closely for months

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Elitebook-820-G1-Sleep-issue-does-not-resume/td-p/5044396
Relevancy 73.1%

I bought a top of the line XPS with TB M SSD k touchscreen nbsp and GB of RAM Had frequent blue screens of death that I fixed by replacing the SSD drivers with the Samsung ones Now after 9550, dead from only XPS resume keyboard sleep 15 + power with works supply resume my biggest woes are that quite often the speakers crack and that I cannot put the laptop in standby sleep If I have the power supply plugged in and I put the laptop to sleep XPS 15 9550, keyboard dead after resume from sleep + resume only works with power supply when I wake it up from sleep the internal keyboard no longer works The keyboard backlights react to XPS 15 9550, keyboard dead after resume from sleep + resume only works with power supply my typing XPS 15 9550, keyboard dead after resume from sleep + resume only works with power supply but windows doesn t see me typing anything Even the CAPS LOCK led doesn t light up if I try to nbsp toggle that key Luckily if I connect an external keyboard that one works If I don t have the power supply plugged in and I put the laptop to sleep when I try to wake it up from sleep it instead tries to boot and complains about a missing loader file At that point if I plug it in and nbsp I hit retry it proceeds with the rest of the boot but of course since this is a fresh boot all of my work prior to attempting to go into standby is lost Please advise thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984703
Relevancy 66.22%

I currently run win ultimate bit gig ram intel i - k cpu and my Slow for if long time sleep sleep from resume OS runs on an OCZ SSD all specs are in my profile Sleep mode is set to S in BIOS I have hibernation disabled so no hibernation sys file on my c drive When I put my computer to sleep then immediately wake it up the login screen shows instantly I type in Slow resume from sleep if sleep for long time my pass and it loads in like seconds When I put my computer to sleep but wait for around - hrs before waking it it shows the login screen instantly but after i hit login it gives me the Welcome spinning circle thingy for like seconds before I can see my desktop That's like longer than my entire boot-up time excluding POST Event viewer doesnt show any performance delay and I dont think my OS drive OCZ vertex has a cache so I have it disabled I'm sure all my mobo drivers and graphic drivers are up to date Suggestions on why this might be so Any idea would be much appreciated

A:Slow resume from sleep if sleep for long time

My laptop has this issue. I've just accepted the fact that it just does it and simply wait the time it takes or shut it down instead of putting it into sleep mode.

A more logical answer and an explanation would be nice though

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/158559-slow-resume-sleep-if-sleep-long-time.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello all I'm dumbfounded on this one Here's what I know I have Win Home Premium and am using it on a Media Center PC When I put Sometimes Sleep resume won't from the PC to sleep sometimes it will wake up properly sometimes it won't When it does not wake up from sleep I have to manually press the power button on the computer for it to turn on as if the computer quot shut down quot rather then sleep and during boot I receive the quot Sometimes won't resume from Sleep windows did not shut down properly quot screen with the second count Sometimes won't resume from Sleep down to select if I want to start up normally or try safe modes This is KILLING my recordings and driving me insane It seems to be that it happens mostly when I leave the PC sit overnight and I do NOT try to check on it in the morning In other words use the PC at night put it into sleep mode before I go to bed between pm and pm central and leave it alone until it is supposed to wake up on it's own to record usually around pm or pm central So it's in sleep for around - hours If I put it to sleep at night around pm central and in the morning before I go to work I wake it up myself around am central it wakes up I then put it to sleep amp go to work around am central and come home and it's recording what it should between pm or pm central So there definitely seems to be a timing issue but what It sits too long and crashes while in sleep mode Why If I leave the computer running all day it works fine and does not crash Interestingly enough I also run another computer with Win Home Premium and it does NOT crash at all when it's in sleep mode That computer uses completely different hardware other then the Keyboard amp Mouse setup Does anyone have any ideas And before you ask I have the newest drivers on all items at least that I know of and I even tried to reinstall Win to get rid of this situation That didn't work System specs below E Core Duo GIGABYTE GA-EP -UD P CORSAIR CMPSU- HX PSU Hauppauge WinTV-HVR- SAPPHIRE Vapor-X L Radeon HD Antec Fusion Remote Max CORSAIR TWIN X - C DF LITE-ON iHES - Blu-Ray Drive Logitech Wave Pro Keyboard Mouse Combo Western Digital Black WD FALS TB Main Drive Western Digital Blue WD AAKS gig Backup Drive HITACHI Deskstar K TB Storage Drive The computer is hooked up to my network through the onboard Network Connector My display is a Samsung DLP TV so there is no sleeping of a monitor

A:Sometimes won't resume from Sleep

Are both machines hooked up to a surge protector? Could it be power fluctuations from the power co?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/58787-sometimes-wont-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

It will take about 3-10 minutes to freeze after wake up from sleep

A:Freeze after resume from sleep

Hi N123X & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
0: kd> k
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
ffffd000`972aa5a8 fffff802`a54916b0 nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`972aa5b0 fffff802`a54a7ba0 nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+0x3c
ffffd000`972aa5f0 fffff802`a5486bbd nt!ExAllocatePoolSanityChecks+0x4c
ffffd000`972aa640 fffff801`7febca17 nt!VeAllocatePoolWithTagPriority+0x89
ffffd000`972aa6b0 fffff802`a54a160c VerifierExt!ExAllocatePoolWithTagPriority_internal_wrapper+0x7b
ffffd000`972aa6f0 fffff801`80af7a65 nt!VerifierPortExAllocatePoolWithTagPriority+0x24
ffffd000`972aa730 fffff801`80cb9fd1 ndis!ndisVerifierAllocateMemoryWithTag+0x85
ffffd000`972aa770 ffffe000`2e55bd30 SeLow_x64+0x2fd1
ffffd000`972aa778 00000000`00000000 0xffffe000`2e55bd30

In this dump file, the Soft Ether VPN is trying to make a bad pool request.
I would suggest you to remove the Soft Ether VPN from your system. Also, if you are overclocking, please reset back to STOCK Settings.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54975-freeze-after-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I have run into an issue with a Sleep After Display Won't Resume Pavilion g - us laptop that I can't seem to resolve After going to sleep or closing the lid when I open the lid again the laptop wakes up but the display never resumes I can see it kind of try to come on but nothing ever shows on the screen I am currently on Windows Pro The system is bit and not running a separate display adapter just the integrated Intel configuration I have tried downloading the latest Windows driver from the HP support page for the g but it didn't help They don't offer drivers for Windows on this model I have also deleted the display in device manager rebooted and let Windows find and install its own driver but this also didn't help Keyboard and mouse both have the box checked for allow this device to wake the computer in the power settings I'm hoping someone has run into and resolved this issue and has an answer Thanks

A:Display Won't Resume After Sleep

On the HP site, check for a slightly newer model of the laptop that has the same display adapter but has Windows 8 drivers. They might work fine. Their just not certified for your exact model.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53154-display-wont-resume-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Every time I put my computer to sleep or hibernate and wake it up, the computer resumes to a screen stating "Windows failed to shut down correctly" A recent hardware or software change might be the cause and I'm asked to choose how to restart.Quite similar to the screen I would get after a crash.
Any insight on this issue?

Arturo

A:Win 7 does not resume correctly after sleep

Is this a clean install, factory install or in-place Upgrade?

Troubleshoot the issue by checking the logs for events at the time of suspend and resume.

Next try updating your display driver, or try another Win7 or Vista driver: Driver Install - Device Manager.

Here is the tool used by Pros to trace these issues: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/1402...resume-issues/

If this doesn't help, try running SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

As a last resort before clean reinstall, try a Repair Install

Tips for getting a purrfect clean reinstall - use the ones which apply: re-install windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/142876-win-7-does-not-resume-correctly-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Since replacing my old HDD with a SSD, Windows will no longer resume from sleep (it hibernates just fine). It goes to sleep seemingly fine, but when it's time to wake up, the system appears to resume as expected, but the screen remains black. The system must then be shut down by holding the power button for 6 seconds and then restarted.

Sleep had worked fine with the HDD.

General specs:
Dell XPSM1330
2.2GHz Core2Duo T7500
4GB RAM (Corsair upgrade from original 2GB)
Kingston SNV425S264GB SSD (discontinued drive, attempted to find new drivers for it but was unable to)
Dell Bios A15 (latest BIOS I can find for it)
W7Ux64

I recall reading something about this previously, but could not recall where, nor if it had been resolved.

I suppose I'm not expecting miracles, but I do miss sleeping. Hibernating takes as long as rebooting anyway. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks

A:SSD Sleep Resume Fail

Hello. I have the exact same problem. I recently changed the hard disk with SSD and I can not use sleep / resume because the system does not start. Black screen, power on, fan works. A solution exists? Thanks for any advice.

After last windows update, problem solved. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982018

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148188-ssd-sleep-resume-fail.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I'm hoping to get some help. About a month ago my pc started going to BSOD while trying to resume after being put to sleep. PC is 16 months old. I read the forums, etc and updated the ATI radeon display driver and the Realtek network driver but the problem persisted.

I also rolled back the system using restore to before the problem began but no change. I then reinstalled windows 7 64bit using the OEM CD rom and installed all the MS updates - no change. Last week, it occurred to me that it might be a monitor hw issue so I swapped out the monitor with another I had. That seemed to solve it - for 4 days - now it's doing the same thing with the second monitor.

I've attached the zipfile with the minidmp and perfmon.

Appreciate any insight - Bob

A:BSOD after resume from sleep

Basically this is a sign of a defective graphic card/RAM
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Remove Avira antivirus and use MSE
Remove IObit Smart Defrag, it is known to cause issues on Windows 7
Are you overclocking?

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8007464010, fffff8800447d408, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+7408 )
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8007464010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800447d408, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+7408
fffff880`0447d408 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`065eb9c8 fffff880`04522000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`07464010 fffff880`0447d408 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`065eb9d0 fffff880`04521d0a : fffff880`0447d408 fffffa80`07464010 fffffa80`09cd1c00 fffffa80`09cc6010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`065eba10 fffff880`051c1f07 : fffffa80`07464010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09cd1c00 fffffa80`09cc6010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`065eba40 fffff880`051ebb75 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`002e707f 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`065ebb20 fffff880`051ea2bb : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000000 00000000`002e707f 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`065ebb50 fffff880`051bd2c6 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`09cc6010 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`065ebbf0 fffff880`051e9e7a : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06b1c010 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`09cc6010 : dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x1da
fffff880`065ebd00 fffff800`02d6832e : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`09cf68c0 fffffa80`066a5990 fffffa80`09cf68c0 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xba
fffff880`065ebd40 fffff800`02abd666 : fffff800`02c3ee80 fffffa80`09cf68c0 fffff800`02c4ccc0 6f704330`526d354a : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`065ebd80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+7408
fffff880`0447d408 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+7408

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmpag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4d9bc027

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162536-bsod-after-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am having a few different issues resuming from sleep. With (powercfg -h on), putting the computer to sleep and resuming from sleep takes 20 second to sleep, and 45 seconds to resume from sleep. This is extremely slow because with an SSD in my system, I can cold boot in less time than it takes to resume from sleep. With (powercfg -h off), putting the computer to sleep takes only about 2-5 seconds, but resuming from sleep will display a black screen with my mouse cursor, nothing else. I would prefer having hibernation disabled as the hyberfil.sys file on my system is 8gb, and with only a 60gb SSD, I need to conserve space. I have installed the most recent drivers for motherboard, sound card, video card, BIOS, etc. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Sleep resume problem

I would just leave it running as SSD take very little power. Thats just what i do with mine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sleep-resume-problem-632172.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,

I'm having some problems whenever i resume from sleep. Typically, I'll resume and I'll get a message stating that the display driver failed to respond and has recovered. Sometimes, I'll resume and get a black screen, so I'll reboot and then I'll get the BSOD pointing to nvlddmkm.sys I tried reverting to many different driver versions, but the problem still persists. Any insight on what might be happening and how to fix it would be appreciated.

A:BSOD on resume from sleep

Quote: Originally Posted by PureDynamo

I'll get a message stating that the display driver failed to respond and has recovered.

Like this?

I know that the display driver version that you are using right now is the most stable one lately released, but I will suggest you to install the latest one, on a test basis.

Get the latest driver by following the option 2 here: http://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx; install it using the advanced mode. Dont install anything other than the "display driver" and "PhysX Software".

If you already tried that version too, then it would be better to test the situation with a replacement GPU.

I personally experienced the display driver failed to respond and has recovered issue, on my desktop. Similarly no driver version can make the situation better. I had no way other than replacing the GPU.

Did a wide research on it, and it appeared to be a hardware issue, provided multiple versions of the driver is giving the same result.

You may perform a stress test of the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
But this issue is too occasional to be caught by furmark.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316489-bsod-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I did a fresh install on a SSD not to long ago. The computer is running very smoothly for the most part. However, sometimes when I open the lid to my laptop, it is temporarily unresponsive for a minute or so when resuming from sleep mode. It's pretty annoying. I think it has something to do with my USB settings because it only seems to do it when something is plugged in there. For example, thumb drive, external hard drive.

I tried playing with the settings in power settings. I have turn off hard disk set to never. USB selective suspend set to disabled.

Anyone know what the issue could be? Thanks for your help.

A:W10 slow to resume from sleep

Now it just temporarily froze while I was using the machine. Sound stayed on but the mouse cursor and keyboard became unresponsive for about a minute.......

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37578-w10-slow-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

After sitting for appx. 1 hour when I move the mouse I can hear the fans start up like the pc is powering up but the screen stays blank. Have to shut down and restart. This just started happening . Any ideas ? Thanks

Compaq Presario 8000
XP Home SP2

A:won't resume from sleep mode

For anything that "just started" happening -- try a "System Restore" >Start > run: msconfig > Launch System Restore and choose a date prior to the problem

They can be undone if you like.

Most problems that SR does not fix are hardware related.

You should also have a look through these to see if any apply >>

http://support.microsoft.com/search...=sleep&catalog=LCID=1033&1033comm=1&spid=1173

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-resume-from-sleep-mode.677489/
Relevancy 59.77%

Every time I put my computer to sleep or hibernate and wake it up, the computer resumes to a screen stating "Windows failed to shut down correctly" A recent hardware or software change might be the cause and I'm asked to choose how to restart.Quite similar to the screen I would get after a crash.
Any insight on this issue?

Arturo

A:Win 7 does not resume correctly after sleep

Just FYI - I had this same issue With Win7 and an Asus P6T Deluxe v1 motherboard. The only solution I found was to upgrade to the P6T Deluxe v2 motherboard.

So, I'd suggest updating these drivers first:
- chipset
- storage
- video

Then I'd suggest providing this info so we can get a better idea of what's going on: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ns-452654.html

And, while waiting for a reply, try these free, bootable diagnostics:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Scanners (read the details at the link)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-does-not-resume-correctly-after-sleep-548808.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hi,
I have a lenovo T500.
I have my setting as:
turn off monitor after 15 min
turn off hard disk at 15 min
standby by 20 min

so, when i left the computer untouch for like 1/2 and hour, it failed to resume properly.

I was able to use the mose to make it awake, but that seem to be it. on the screen, i can only see the wall paper as my background. Other than that, i don't see any icon appear on my desktop. I have try to to bunch Alt + Ctrl + Delete, but it wasn't working. But i can move the mose tho.
anyway, the only way to get my system running again is that i have to use the use the power button, shut it off and restart it.
can someone tell me why is it like this?
Thanks

Phi

A:xp failed to resume from sleep

could it be a Power Setting problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-failed-to-resume-from-sleep-309849.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there.

My computer runs Vista SP1, and has always (from new) had sporadic issues sleeping/hibernating and resuming.

The success rate of resuming from sleep or hibernate is about 40%. I know that sometimes it just doesn't work, but this is FAR lower than on my old laptop.

I've run full virus scans etc. Avast is my current antivirus. I've used Glary Utilities and IOBit Windows Care to check for problems. I've got the startup entries down as low as they can go. Here's a current list:

- Apoint (laptop touchpad utility)
- RtHDVCpl.exe (laptop built in sound driver)
- ISBMgr.exe (something Sony related I'm told is important).
- Carbonite Backup (a subscription backup service).
- Avast.
- Bluetooth.

I've recently disabled a few other things in the hope that they might be responsible. Sadly, it's looking like the solution isn't going to be that simple.

Any ideas?

A:Sleep resume problems

This may fix it.

Go in control panel topower options and click "change plan settings" under the selected power setting then click "Change Advanced Power Settings" expand "sleep" and then click on "hybrid sleep" and turn it off.

This is a wide known issue with Vista, however it usually works if it wil never wake from sleep.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sleep-resume-problems-319703.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Over the last week or so my system does not find the spinner HDDs on resuming from sleep My searching has not found a description of a similar issue My system has SSDs both single partition the Intel has w and all apps the other SSD has W TP HDDs and optical drives On resume from sleep the HDDs are missing a reboot finds them again and all is well till I put the system in from seen W8.1 sleep resume after HDDs - not sleep mode I am now not certain just when this issue began I installed all the applicable November patch Tuesday updates and the out-of-band updates issued a week later I also updated the Windows Technical Preview when that was issued The Windows install is on a single partition separate SSD This issue also is present on resuming after sleep when running the Windows TP I did not disconnect the HDDs not seen after resume from sleep - W8.1 other drives when updating W Could HDDs not seen after resume from sleep - W8.1 that be the culprit Motherboard is an ASUS P Z -V I have reset the BIOS to quot Optimized Defaults quot - no change to this issue All drives are visible in the BIOS screens and on the Post screen My most recent image is nearly months old yes I know I should image more frequently but have been away So I'd like to find a fix to this issue without reverting that far back if possible All suggestions appreciated TIA lmod

A:HDDs not seen after resume from sleep - W8.1

Have you tried disabling both Hibernation and Sleep in Power Options to see if that's where the problem lies? I find both features to be more problematic than they are worth, prefer the screen saver setting to blank the screen and the Windows key plus L to lock the screen.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57406-hdds-not-seen-after-resume-sleep-w8-1-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, first post, need some help debugging a homebuilt system. Since built have had trouble with sleep/resume crashes. Tried updating drivers, several settings in device manager, and BIOS changes to no avail. In the end, I nuked the hard drive and did a complete re-install from the ground up. Seemed to go ok initially, but have again begun having crashes around the sleep/resume times. The computer is my wife's machine, built exclusively for photo editing. Win7 x64 Home Premium. Built Jan '11, last OS install about 2-3 months ago. Thanks so much for your help!

A:BSOD with sleep/resume

Welcome to SevenForums.

Your dump files indicate a hardware error, the system couldn't initialize the HAL (STOP 0x0000005C: HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED).
Usual causes: Hardware, file system, boot corruption.

Check the connections to your hard drive (both power and data), make sure that your PSU is powerful enough to drive everything in the system. Make sure that the cards inside the case are properly seated. If you've added things recently - remove them. Ensure your Windows Updates are up to date. Please scan for malware with Malwarebytes

Run those tests:
HDD Diagnostic: HD Diagnostic / Disk Check
Memory Diagnostic: RAM - Test with Memtest86+
System File Scan: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Post back with your results.

There were also a lot of unrecognized drivers which were being loaded on your system. This can either mean that you're using an old (possibly an incompatible [Chinese?] program/driver) or that the system has some Malware infection(s).

Code:
Unknown_Module_fffff880`02800000 fffff880`02800000 fffff880`028c9000 0x000c9000 0x4ce793ce 20/11/2010 13:24:30
Unknown_Module_fffff880`02c00000 fffff880`02c00000 fffff880`02c21000 0x00021000 0x4ce7a86f 20/11/2010 14:52:31
Unknown_Module_fffff880`02d41000 fffff880`02d41000 fffff880`02d4d000 0x0000c000 0x4a5bcaa1 14/07/2009 04:00:33
Unknown_Module_fffff880`02d4d000 fffff880`02d4d000 fffff880`02d5d000 0x00010000 0x4ce7a3ed 20/11/2010 14:33:17
Unknown_Module_fffff880`02d97000 fffff880`02d97000 fffff880`02da3000 0x0000c000 0x4a5bccd8 14/07/2009 04:10:00
Unknown_Module_fffff880`02dd2000 fffff880`02dd2000 fffff880`02ded000 0x0001b000 0x4a5bcce9 14/07/2009 04:10:17
Unknown_Module_fffff880`04743000 fffff880`04743000 fffff880`04755000 0x00012000 0x4ce7a844 20/11/2010 14:51:48
Unknown_Module_fffff880`05ef4000 fffff880`05ef4000 fffff880`05f16000 0x00022000 0x4a5bd8e5 14/07/2009 05:01:25
Unknown_Module_fffff880`064b3000 fffff880`064b3000 fffff880`0654b000 0x00098000 0x4dba2b1e 29/04/2011 07:06:06
Unknown_Module_fffff880`06583000 fffff880`06583000 fffff880`065b4000 0x00031000 0x4ce7a654 20/11/2010 14:43:32
Unknown_Module_fffff880`065de000 fffff880`065de000 fffff880`065e9000 0x0000b000 0x4ce7a416 20/11/2010 14:33:58
Unknown_Module_fffff880`065e9000 fffff880`065e9000 fffff880`065fc000 0x00013000 0x4a5bc18f 14/07/2009 03:21:51
င∄ࠄ耀 fffff880`04755000 fffff880`047be000 0x00069000 0x4dba2b0a 29/04/2011 07:05:46
澺齟믽�侧὏䯿ﹷ翿﻽㛸絇�轗쿿㷟�빻껿콶뽿㳿軹ﵿ⽿쿻 fffff880`01425000 fffff880`01432000 0x0000d000 0x4ce7933e 20/11/2010 13:22:06
退 fffff880`065d2000 fffff880`065de000 0x0000c000 0x4a5bc113 14/07/2009 03:19:47
뿻닺ﵟ燵刺矧ッ粒￶竿뿛ᾟ￿﾿鷿绱←盽烞꿯폯﷾콷㟾ᕵﯽ㷵�� fffff880`05f1c000 fffff880`05f72000 0x00056000 0x4eddfb1b 06/12/2011 15:23:07
쨾齏跿쯿㟿缿罟㿿㾿쫓﫞�痿￿ﵷ埿叶崟... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238970-bsod-sleep-resume.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Specs

New install of windows 7 ultimate x64, reformat, old os was a linux variant
older hardware, dual core amd 4200, nvidia gt2 250, 2 gig ram
Besides the windows 7 drivers, I had to install a realtek ac 97 audio driver, which works.
I installed nvidia's latest drivers.

Computer seems to work when waking up, but it seems to me that the network is trying to reconnect over the LAN and when this doesn't happen the computer will prevent me from opening any other apps or click on anything. Then if I wait long enough, I will get the BSOD and the computer will reboot to a working environment. Very weird!!

A:BSOD on resume from sleep

I fixed this issue. here it is!

The MB I use is an old Abit ultra with the nforce 4 chipset. You guessed it, windows 7 drivers are the culprit. As soon I installed the legacy drivers from nvidia 15.23 the computer not only boots up faster but it goes to sleep and wakes up on command.

This should probably be sent to microsoft seeing as how it is their drivers that are at fault, but I assume they will do nothing about it since nvidia has even decided to depreciate nfroce 4 chipset. It is how they force you to upgrade your hardware to keep other companies in business.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196341-bsod-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Only happens when I try to wake the computer from sleep. Already tried video card's beta driver, current driver, previous drivers but to no avail. Remove video card and use on-board video instead seems to fix the problem. But it's very slow coming out of sleep (took at least 10 seconds or more). Really wanted to use the video card instead of on board video. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD resume from sleep

BSOD's blame video - both the onboard and the video card.

I suspect your DeathAdder mouse as it's drivers date from 2007 - and these drivers are known to cause BSOD's in Windows systems.
Remove the DeathAdder software and physically remove the mouse from your system to test.
If that's the cause, then try more updated DeathAdder drivers that are compatible with Win8.

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Fri Aug 2 05:39:06.980 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\080213-11200-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16628.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130531-1504
System Uptime:0 days 3:05:36.546
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by :nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+931f60 )
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800806d4d0, fffff88007951f60, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
BugCheck Info: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800806d4d0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88007951f60, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2930
CurrentSpeed: 2926
BIOS Version 5CKT77AUS
BIOS Release Date 05/07/2012
Manufacturer LENOVO
Product Name 7373EGU
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri Aug 2 02:13:28.868 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\080213-10701-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:04:02.555
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
BugCheck 116, {fffffa80076474d0, fffff8800435cf60, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
BugCheck Info: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80076474d0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800435cf60, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2930
CurrentSpeed: 2926
BIOS Version 5CKT77AUS
BIOS Release Date 05/07/2012
Manufacturer LENOVO
Product Name 7373EGU
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri Aug 2 02:04:36.826 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\080213-19390-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:27:44.513
BugCheck 116, {fffffa80... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/29163-bsod-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Problems,when my computer goes to sleep it will often not resume and the only
way I can get back in is to switch off power.When it resumes I get "start up repair" which will only repair if I go into safe mode switch off and the switch on manually also it has lines on the screen : see screen shot

A:Coputer will not resume from sleep

Seems like you're having numerous issues now, and those lines highlight a bigger issue imo. But I would try a reinstall, and use these guides to do it...

Windows 7 64-bit clean install guide in FZ-190E (Says 64bit, but use the 32bit drivers from your support page, or the 7 drivers which you'll find the link to in my signature.)

Sony eSupport (official Sony guide)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/70871-coputer-will-not-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have been unsing sleep with XP and Vista for years now. Typically it took about a second or 2 to resume. The longest thing was to wait for it to resume the wired ethernet connection. Maybe a couple more seconds.

Now with Windows 7 it takes quite a while. I have not timed it yet, but I can actually boot my shutdown PC faster than resume from sleep. My PC has one of those motherboards that has speed booting.

The odd thing on sleep is I get this pale blue (I am color blind) with words something like Resuming from hibernation. Then goes to a black screen with the animated windows icon with test below stating resuming Windows.

I kid you not, I can do a cold boot and get to use my PC sooner.

Can someone help me fix sleep?

A:Resume from sleep- SLOW

Quote: Originally Posted by SJMaye

I have been unsing sleep with XP and Vista for years now. Typically it took about a second or 2 to resume. The longest thing was to wait for it to resume the wired ethernet connection. Maybe a couple more seconds.

Now with Windows 7 it takes quite a while. I have not timed it yet, but I can actually boot my shutdown PC faster than resume from sleep. My PC has one of those motherboards that has speed booting.

The odd thing on sleep is I get this pale blue (I am color blind) with words something like Resuming from hibernation. Then goes to a black screen with the animated windows icon with test below stating resuming Windows.

I kid you not, I can do a cold boot and get to use my PC sooner.

Can someone help me fix sleep?

Try this, go to search type cmd (from adminis account) and in cmd type sfc /scannow. This will correct any corruption that may be in the system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/50097-resume-sleep-slow.html
Relevancy 59.77%

About 50% of the time when I resume from sleep, I get a BSoD. It says BAD_POOL_CALLER on the blue screen.

I thought it was my video card drivers, but I reinstalled them, and it still does it. I also read that Comodo causes these problems, but they were happening before I installed it.

Here is some other information:

Code:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: c2
BCP1: 00000007
BCP2: 0000110B
BCP3: 0854000A
BCP4: 9AF9F2E8
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini070508-02.dmp
C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-52447-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5724.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-resume-from-sleep-266381.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently replaced my gb boot HDD with an Intel X- gb SSD using the Intel migration tool The system worked fine except the nVidia from Disappears HDD on Sleep Resume drivers don't support TRIM So I tried the Intel SSD Toolbox which is supposed to manually send the TRIM command to the SSD The tool box can see the SSD but the button to send the TRIM command is greyed out I did some reading and found some had success with this configuration by switching from the nVidia IDE ATA drivers to the default Windows drivers I did this and voila the SSD Toolbox works and sends the TRIM command But now I have a new problem Whenever the system recovers from sleep my secondary HDD is missing It doesn't show up in Disk Manager and HDD Disappears on Resume from Sleep rescanning the disks does not find it The only way to get the HDD back is to reboot The BIOS never has an issue seeing the disk and neither does Windows after boot Only after sleep I'm assuming this is because I'm not using the nVidia drivers Am HDD Disappears on Resume from Sleep I stuck choosing HDD Disappears on Resume from Sleep between a disappearing HDD and an SSD that will eventually fill w junk System Windows x Home Premium XFX i mobo Intel gb SSD g Seagate gb HDD all drivers are current

A:HDD Disappears on Resume from Sleep

Are you using AHCI drivers and is your second drive large?

You receive various Stop error messages in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2 when you try to resume a computer that has a large SATA hard disk

In the case above it ends up with a stop because it is the system disk. disks other than the system just won't show up. I am pretty confident it is because your hard drive isn't spinning up fast enough. From the above it is apparent that if hard drive doesn't come up fast enough from sleep, windows will ignore it, even if you scan for hardware changes.

Anyhow, the above hotfix resolved my disappearing drive issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/129647-hdd-disappears-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Closing the laptop and opening it results in a black screen. Only long press the power button restarts the Y900s. 

A:Y900s does not resume from sleep

actually the y900s doesn't go to sleep at all. At least not when a hibernation file is available. The best thing to do is: powercfg /h off in a command shell with administrator rights.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Y900s-does-not-resume-from-sleep/td-p/3385888
Relevancy 59.77%

My x230 has developed problems sleeping and resuming from sleep. These problems are new and remain after a clean install, so I think it may be a hardware issue. Symptoms: 1) Laptop doesn't sleep properly. I notice this because of the battery drain, even though the "sleep" led is on 2) Laptop doesn't wake. The power led blinks, but pressing it has no effect.  I have to press and hold the power button to force a hard off, then press it again to turn on. Like I said I've never had these problems in the many years I've had this laptop, so I assume some hardware part has failed. The question is which?

A:x230 - Does not resume from sleep

I have the same problem with my 1 yr old X1 Carbon Thinkpad. It seems like the computer is on, but the screen is blank. The only option I have at that point is a "hard reboot." 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x230-Does-not-resume-from-sleep/td-p/3372923
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I have a HP dv6500 series with Vista SP2. When the computer goes to sleep, it's unable to resume, it will just stay in sleep mode, blinking nonstop. Using the power button, keyboard, touchpad, doesn't work, I have to unplug it and remove the battery and start the computer again. I updated the bios to the latest version as well as the video card drivers, same thing. Any ideas?

A:Can't resume from sleep (hardware?)

What graphics does the laptop use? Intel,Nvidia,etc

Look on the sticker on the bottom (Service Tag) and post the exact model number of the laptop.

Normally this issue can be narrowed down to the graphics driver.

Did you install the driver from the HP site or Nvidia or ATI/AMD site?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/cant-resume-from-sleep-hardware-665396.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Closing the laptop and opening it results in a black screen. Only long press the power button restarts the Y900s. 

A:Y900s does not resume from sleep

actually the y900s doesn't go to sleep at all. At least not when a hibernation file is available. The best thing to do is: powercfg /h off in a command shell with administrator rights.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Y900s-does-not-resume-from-sleep/td-p/3385888
Relevancy 58.91%

I am sure that this has been covered before but I tried to search it and I didn't find anything I have the problem that when I resume from sleep mode the computer spins up my dvd drive to the max and it does not from drive with issues sleep DVD Resume respond anymore In the device manager it no longer shows the dvd installed Resume from sleep issues with DVD drive The eject button does not do anything I have to restart the computer and then it works fine again until the next sleep Resume from sleep issues with DVD drive resume I have tried to talk to Gateway about the issue but they are morons and are no help I know that MS has this as an issue I found this You may experience problems after you resume a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep or from hibernation and that is the problem I have SP installed and that did not cure my problem I tried the hotfix but when I run that program it says that it is not for my problem or something I do not know where or how I am supposed to install the hotfix but none the less it did not work I just got this computer and so far this has not been fun any help please

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206329-resume-sleep-issues-dvd-drive.html
Relevancy 58.91%

When Resume from Sleep show Bluescreen...
Where is the problem...

A:BlueScreen|Resume from Sleep|W7U 64bit

The dump files point at your Video drivers as the cause but they appear to be the latest (Mar 17th)

Drivers that need to be updated.

Code:
Razerlow Razerlow.sys Mon Nov 07 19:33:11 2005
adfs adfs.SYS Fri Jun 27 08:52:37 2008
adfs.SYS - Adobe File System Driver - http://www.adobe.com

Razerlow.sys - Razer Diamondback driver - http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...8&pcid=0&nav=0

Your event logs also have some interesting entries in them, including several thousand of these:

Code:
Event[1083]:
Log Name: System
Source: cdrom
Date: 2010-04-29T10:16:43.917
Event ID: 51
Task: N/A
Level: Warning
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Notebook-Tomeky
Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging operation.

Event[2143]:
Log Name: System
Source: ACPI
Date: 2010-04-29T06:48:11.597
Event ID: 6
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Notebook-Tomeky
Description:
IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 0, function 1. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
You have had an error relating to your CD drive?

ACPI is related to the Sleep function - PCI slot 0, function 1 = your graphics card. Double check you have the latest drivers.

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bluescreen-resume-from-sleep-w7u-64bit-480111.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Microsoft Multi-media keyboard a and a Logitech usb cord mouse The keyboard has a Sleep button which I always used to put it into sleep mode amp resume But in the IntelliType application there is no way to configure From With and Resume Sleep Keyboard Mouse that button All the buttons on the keyboard resume it from sleep In the BIOS I have it set to quot keyboard quot which it says Resume From Sleep With Keyboard and Mouse will resume using the power button on the keyboard - but this does not work Also I do not want to resume using the mouse so in the BIOS I have it Resume From Sleep With Keyboard and Mouse disabled as you can see in the picture - but regardless moving the mouse will still resume it from sleep So Resume From Sleep With Keyboard and Mouse basically its not doing anything that I want it to What else can I do I do not see a power setting in the BIOS to disable resume from sleep via usb devices - maybe that is why the mouse is doing it The keyboard is not a usb it is a p s Any ideas for what I can tweak Does it mean that this keyboard is not compatible with something in my system - maybe windows or bit nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resume-from-sleep-with-keyboard-and-mouse.1120828/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have been encountering blue screens intermittently when my new computer Sleep from Screen on Blue Resume resumes from sleep The computer will typically come out of sleep and allow me to interact for maybe or seconds then freeze up and display the blue screen At that point if I hit the power once it powers down Blue Screen on Resume from Sleep completely which I haven't encountered before-- I usually needed to force the computer to shut down by holding down the power button on my old computer The odd thing is that when I power the computer back up it goes through the standard boot screens for the BIOS however rather than asking about going into safe mode due to the blue Blue Screen on Resume from Sleep screen it acts as if it's waking up from Blue Screen on Resume from Sleep sleep All of my programs from before the blue screen are active and the computer is functional though the last time it slowed to a crawl until I rebooted I built this computer because I was tired of getting sleep related blue screens on my last one which turned out to be a graphics card that was too big for the power supply I'm hoping this is something simple at this point like a missing driver but if so I'm not sure what it is System Details ---------------------------------------------------- OS Windows Home Premium x Original OS Windows this installation retail version Age of system hardware month going on two Age of system OS month I have not reinstalled the OS I did however use the easy transfer wizard from an older computer that was also having blue screen errors which I thought were related to the power supply These blue screens didn't start until after I did that CPU Intel Core i Video Card HD Radeon Motherboard Asus P X D-E Power Supply -Watt Antec TruePower New TP- Blue I ran the computer through a battery of tests including memtest and some temperature testing after I built it No negative results from memtest though the computer ran hot during some of the temperature testing

A:Blue Screen on Resume from Sleep

Bumping to see if anyone has the time (or interest) to take a look at this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-on-resume-from-sleep-502731.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, I am new on Techspot and this is my first post.
Recently, about 3-4 days ago I would put my laptop to sleep and when time to resume the display is blank. However the hdd is running, fan is running fine and hardware light is blink. The screen is blank as if the computer is off and the LCD screen is not lit black. Please help me as I am heavy on the sleep function.
Thank you in advance!

A:Display not responding after resume from sleep

What operating system are you using?
Manufacturer and model number of laptop would be helpful too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-not-responding-after-resume-from-sleep.167331/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have been having problems with Win 7 64 bit build 7100. When I resume from sleep my ethernet connection no longer functions. Sometimes I can get Windows troubleshooter to reset/restore the connection, sometimes not.

I have an ASUS M4A78T-E motherboard with an Atheros ethernet controller.

Also, after the failure to connect, the PC won't shut down (I have to do a hard shut down by holding the power button down for 5 seconds). Then I have to restart, go into "safe" mode, shut down, and restart again to get internet connectivity again.

Thanks!

EDIT: .etl download file removed from this posting.

A:Losing internet on resume from sleep

have a look at your network properties and, if you already haven't done so, try unticking the box marked below.

hope this helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/19808-losing-internet-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Having this issue for a while after I resume from sleep the PC hard reboots Windows logs show nothing meaningful simply the usual quot the shutdown at xxx was unexpected quot blah blah Tired of trying the solutions found here and elsewhere I tested a fresh w install on another disk installed all drivers and tried to setup the same environment as the main disk daemon tools virtual br drive ramdrive with tmp on there pagefile disabled some drives on truecrypt software for logitech LCD keyboard and Corsair gaming mouse gamepad driver all usb hubs connected cheap chinese front panel with USB through PC reboots after from the sleep (hard) I resume small pci-ex via chip asus aids suite few stuff I thought might be causing the issue but after I resume from sleep the PC (hard) reboots nothing sleep works Now sure I could reinstall w but given the amount of stuff I got customized and installed on this system going fresh is a major pain in the ass Asking for solutions is obviously pretty hard given the amount of possible causes and debug information I would have to be supplying so I just want to ask for this is there any way I can quot catch quot debug what is causing the reboot like monitor everything that's happening when I resume until the hard reset windows logs are useless

A:after I resume from sleep the PC (hard) reboots

Let us know if it happens in safe mode. This information would be a big help.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302846-after-i-resume-sleep-pc-hard-reboots.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I've got an issue with my HTPC taking something like 5 mins to resume from sleep or hibernation. Cold boot is much faster, maybe 3 mins tops, but probably less. I've tried using the windows performance recorder and analyzer, but I'm not seeing my problem. I've been following a guide I found online to do it, but as I'm doing hibernate, it seems to be leaving things like the winlogon section out, which I think is because it is maybe not used when resuming from hibernate/sleep. I have an etl file I could upload, but it's quite big. Any advice, or someone who can look at my etl file and help me out?

A:Resume from hibernate/sleep is slow

With Win 7 I've found Resume from hibernate is very slow. - takes several minutes to be "usable".
Wake from sleep is very fast - takes 5-10 seconds to be "usable"..

In Win 7 I use Hybrid sleep, 99.9% of the time I wake from sleep, so it's not a big deal for me ...

I was playing on an XP system recently and was surprised how fast Resume from hibernate was.
It's almost as fast as wake from sleep in Win 7 ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321063-resume-hibernate-sleep-slow.html
Relevancy 58.91%

This w ultimate pc frequently does not resume from sleep When I manually restart I get a dump file which when debugged shows this vista driver fault iastor b le failure bucket id etc However when I run the intel driver sleep from iastor freeze. Resume update utility all seems fine In device mngr the ICH R SATA controller driver is v dated If I try updating this through windowes it Resume from sleep freeze. iastor says I have the latest driver What to do Hope someone can help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Resume from sleep freeze. iastor Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core Resume from sleep freeze. iastor TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Z Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Q-E Rev xx MS C B Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Resume from sleep freeze. iastor

I suggest that you start by installing the latest chipset drivers from your PC (or motherboard if custom built) manufacturer's web site. If the problem continues install the other drivers supplied by the PC (or motherboard) manufacturer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resume-from-sleep-freeze-iastor.1021016/
Relevancy 58.91%

hiya Bluescreen team I'm hoping you can help me here with a system sleep BSOD from crash resume on I built and I gave extensive testing on a vanilla install of windows bit but now it's with the BSOD crash on resume from sleep customer he has installed BSOD crash on resume from sleep some of his own devices and is getting intermittent bluescreen crashes I can see from all the dmp files read in debugger that its a f driver state power failure I am also confident this is a driver problem and would really appreciate some help from you Bluescreen Gurus attached are the dmp files with griffs analyser folder which includes the perfmon html Patricks dmp files zip Windows Vista jcgriff zip The system is - i K ghz Ivybridge MSI BSOD crash on resume from sleep Z A-G Intel Z Socket DDR motherboard GSkill Ripjaws Z Series CL GB x GB DDR Quad Channel F - CL Q- GBZL Corsair Hydro Series H CORE liquid CPU cooler Verbatim Gb Store n Go quot SSD - SATA III WD TB Green Desktop Drive NZXT Source White Gaming Chassis mm Fan Octigen W Power Supply I look forward to any help you can offer

A:BSOD crash on resume from sleep

User is missing the Intel Smart Connect Technology driver.MSI USA ? Motherboard - Z77A-G43
It is quite possible all Sleep/Hibernate sequence issues arise from the missing Intel Smart Connect Technology driver. See if replacing it helps. If not, we can pursue more from the reports. Currently, I see no other prime suspects, though.

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-crash-on-resume-from-sleep-688371.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have laptop sleep resume does not mode from a dell E that originally came with XP media center edition I purchased windows home premium and laptop does not resume from sleep mode did a clean install of it everything works fine except for issue when i press the power button the laptop goes to sleep like it should but later when i press the power button again to turn the laptop back on it has some problems when i press it i see the screen that shows windows is resuming but then the screen just goes black the screen is on but it is just black then i have to hold the power button until it turns off and have to boot it up from the beginning this only happens when i try to resume from sleep mode does not happen if its shutdown and then i boot it up i tried laptop does not resume from sleep mode reinstalling the video card drivers several laptop does not resume from sleep mode times and nothing i never had that issue in XP what can be done about this thanks nbsp

A:laptop does not resume from sleep mode

Check the bios, see if you can change the type of sleep state it uses, see if the behavior continues.

Also what bios version is installed? if it is lower than A09, then there was a bios update for the ATI video, latest bios version is A17, which will include the ATI update. No guarantee this will fix the issue since Dell never certified the E1505 for W7.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=212350

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-does-not-resume-from-sleep-mode.911624/
Relevancy 58.91%

My Win7 Ultimate desktop PC was working fine but in the last few days has developed a problem where the internal PCI wireless network card (Realtek 8185-based) will not restart after sleep mode. When I enter Device Manager it is not listed, but if I "Scan for hardware changes" it gets found and reinstalled so that it's working again.

Any suggestions on how I can get this back to working normally? Thanks.

A:Internal Wireless NIC Won't Resume from Sleep

Realtek 8187 wireless driver stops working after sleep mode

From MS, about Vista. Since 7 is essentially Vista, under the hood, this would apply to you to. Maybe not the definitive solution, but a clear road on where to look.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/54685-internal-wireless-nic-wont-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Okay so i'm just going to throw this problem out there It's a strange one and I haven't heard of other people having it but i'm hoping someone will know something Occasionally when I wake up in the morning I think the computer has gone to sleep overnight turn on my screens and try to get Windows to respond nothing happens The computer is running and the from Sleep Problem: Mystery Resume displays are getting a signal I don't get the quot Mystery Problem: Resume from Sleep No Signal Input quot from them but they appear to be suspended No form of mashing on keys or anything will cause the monitors to respond Here is where things get really weird When I force a shutdown hold the power button until it turns off the monitors still do not respond upon reboot It is only when I physically unplug my computer Mystery Problem: Resume from Sleep and reseat the graphics card Geforce GT Mystery Problem: Resume from Sleep that the displays will respond again I know this doesn't sound like a Windows problem but it has only occured with the builds of Windows I have installed I have no such problems with Windows XP Windows Vista or Ubuntu running on this hardware Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated because other than this potentially show-stopping issue i'm loving Windows

A:Mystery Problem: Resume from Sleep

I am having the same issue. I have a GA-EP35C-DS3R motherboard, E7400, 8600 GTS, and 4 gigs of memory. Vista, Ubuntu, etc sleep and resume from sleep fine - did a clean install of 7 RC and it will sleep by the keyboard button, but if i let the timer put it to sleep after x minutes, the computer stays on and the monitor goes off, the green light on the case goes off, but the HDD activity light stays on. I reloaded Vista just to make sure i was not crazy and it is working fine with Vista x64.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/8822-mystery-problem-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,
I see this is a farely common problem with Windows 7, but there seems to be many different causes. I downloaded and installed all the latest Hotfixes I could find on it and my hard drive is not over 1TB which could be a cause. I would like to get this fixed as soon as possible so I don't keep losing all my work everytime I take a break from the computer. I have included an attachment with all the requested Dump files and system reports.

Please e-mail me if possible with any additional questions.

Thank you for the help and your time.
-Kris

System Information
--------------------------------------------
Windows 7 Profesional x86 32bit
Full retail install on bare Western Digital WD5000 250GB hard drive.
Age of System: Less than 6 years.
System: Compal by Intel laptop model FT01 (yes I mean Compal not Compaq.)
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 Processor
Windows installed on new hard drive about 2 months ago.

A:BSOD While trying to resume from sleep mode.

Quote: Originally Posted by maddogg72

Hello,
I see this is a farely common problem with Windows 7, but there seems to be many different causes. I downloaded and installed all the latest Hotfixes I could find on it and my hard drive is not over 1TB which could be a cause. I would like to get this fixed as soon as possible so I don't keep losing all my work everytime I take a break from the computer. I have included an attachment with all the requested Dump files and system reports.

Please e-mail me if possible with any additional questions.

Thank you for the help and your time.
-Kris

System Information
--------------------------------------------
Windows 7 Profesional x86 32bit
Full retail install on bare Western Digital WD5000 250GB hard drive.
Age of System: Less than 6 years.
System: Compal by Intel laptop model FT01 (yes I mean Compal not Compaq.)
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 Processor
Windows installed on new hard drive about 2 months ago.

These were virtually the same and all were Related to iaNvStor.sys Turbo Memory Driver from Intel Corporation.. I would re-install the latest driver to test

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\050111-24866-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17514.x86fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82842000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x829825b0
Debug session time: Sun May 1 22:25:59.975 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:08:18.786
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Unknown bugcheck code (8086)
Unknown bugcheck description
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000101
Arg2: 00000338
Arg3: 0000001b
Arg4: 00000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8086

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 88f919eb to 82914428

STACK_TEXT:
80e80d1c 88f919eb 00008086 00000101 00000338 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 iaNvStor+0x79eb
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
iaNvStor+79eb
88f919eb ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: iaNvStor+79eb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: iaNvStor

IMAGE_NAME: iaNvStor.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a4c052e

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x8086_iaNvStor+79eb

BUCKET_ID: 0x8086_iaNvStor+79eb

---------

0: kd> lmvm iaNvStor
start end module name
88f8a000 88fd5000 iaNvStor T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iaNvStor.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaNvStor.sys
Image name: iaNvStor.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jul 01 20:54:06 2009 (4A4C052E)
CheckSum: 0003AA8D
ImageSize: 0004B000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162459-bsod-while-trying-resume-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I am having issues with the windows sleep suspend option When i put the computer desktop into sleep suspend state HDD light is fully emitting it powers down as it should saving power But when i turn the PC back on using the power button the computer fails to resume at this point i can hear the HDD turning on but no HDD busy light as Sleep/Suspend no Resume Results in, it should So basically it is appears to be frozen nothing happens on screen Ran powercfg -energy in command prompt got these results USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB Sleep/Suspend Results in, no Resume device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Composite Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID C amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state Sleep/Suspend Results in, no Resume when not in use Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID C Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID C Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Composite Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path Platform Power Management Capabilities ACPI PSD Object Failed Validation There is a problem with the definition of the ACPI PSD object on this computer Installing the latest system firmware BIOS may resolve this issue Group Index Platform Power Management Capabilities ACPI PSD Object Failed Validation There is a problem with the definition of the ACPI PSD object on this computer Installing the latest system firmware BIOS may resolve this issue Group Index Note the USB devices detected are only the USB keyboard and mouse i have only plugged in back of PC I have unplugged all the devices in the USB ports and used PS keyboard and mouse still doesn't want to wake ACPI state S this time no USB errors in the report only the ACPI PSD which i am not sure about installed latest firmware in BIOS Cleared the RTC RAM and changed the pin USB wake up jumpers V and VSB both tried I have been using ACPI S POS only which is a bit more reliable most of the times it resumes back to the desktop so far have tried both usb keyboard and mouse amp PS in S state resumes fine But i would like to use S state because it once used to work before Upgraded to the latest chipset package from Intel G version V before i was using V from the ASUS support amp download section Still fails to resume wake with the newer version of chipset drivers on the S state The problem is occurring on the P KPL-CM mainboard I have put the PC to sleep on Windows -bit Windows -bit amp Ubuntu with the same results Might be a HDD problem recovering from sleep mode I am not sure It might be the HDD I have ran Estool from the Samsung website SAMSUNG Hard Disk Drive - support - utilities Had to use this tool to diagnose this problem with the HDD and found a few bad sectors I think it was caused by the sleep resume issue required to shutdown the PC amp reboot mangled things did a pass wipe of the partition that had the known problems Fixed these issues no bad sectors but also reported some type of RAM error in one of the tests HDD S... Read more

A:Sleep/Suspend Results in, no Resume

Hi and welcome to Sevenforums.

Your problem could be the drive so let's take a look at the HDD before anything else. If your drive is failing, that's something you'll want to address ASAP. One way to check the health of your HDD is to install [email protected] Hard Disk Monitor. Why do you try this first and make sure your disc is healthy. We can go from there.

[email protected] Hard Disk Monitor. Download FREE & PRO versions. SMART monitoring software

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/97371-sleep-suspend-results-no-resume.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Lately ive been having problems using S3 sleep mode. everytime i resume my computer it just freezes before anything can load. its just a black screen and the hdd led stays on solid. i have to power down to get it to work.
im using an intel x25-m g2 160gb ssd and windows 7 64 bit

A:Computer Hangs When Resume From Sleep S3

Can you give more information about your computer?
Custom made > List all parts and model number and PSU
or make and model of the computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-hangs-when-resume-from-sleep-s3-636971.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm running 30 Vista Business x32 machines in a multimedia academy program at a local high school, and we have the same problem that so many others have regarding internet connectivity and sleep mode. Upon resuming from sleep, the computer cannot connect to the internet, and has to be restarted. However, this issue only appears AFTER installing Symantec Endpoint Protection. I have tried disabling Symantec, but the problem still occurs, which leads me to believe that the program may have modified Vista's network access manager. The fact that our students have to restart their computers every time they need to connect to the internet after sleep mode has been activated is a serious hinderance, so I'm wondering whether anyone knows more about this issue than I do, and hopefully someone has a fix for it.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

A:no internet on resume from sleep mode

Hi

You can try the following. Ive had same problem with an Edimax(Ralink RT61) card.
Go to device manager select the ralink card then go to power management. Unclick the box "allow the computer to turn off this device". See how it goes from there.
I,m still waiting to see if the switch from XP was worth it!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/183398-no-internet-resume-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Have a Windows 7 PC working fine for 6 months, now fails to resume from sleep every time. On attempting to resume the PC appears to go through a powering up loop (Hard disk and fan spin up) which then goes off and repeats indefinitely till you force the power off by holding town power button.

When changing 'allow hybrid sleep' in Power Settings to disable; it cured it for a few days. The issue came back, so tried enabling this setting - same result. Disabled again, same result.

Update Intel Graphics Drivers to latest. Fixed the issue again, just for a few days.

What's going on? It doesn't seem possible it's a hardware issue but am baffled.

Thanks.

A:Resume from sleep failure - power up

Please type the following in elevated command prompt and let us know what is supported.

powercfg -a

Also might help if you uploaded the event viewer logs

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:
Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223392-resume-sleep-failure-power-up.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys I have a weird issue with my wireless adapters. I will put my computer to sleep and then resume my work a few hours later, when the computer wakes up both wireless adapters are disabled and I have to go into adapter settings to re-enable them. My adapters are a netgear wna1100 usb adapter and an azio pci card adapter.

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a frustrating problem on my Windows laptop that only started a couple sleep resume not Network available from after instantly of weeks ago Previously whenever I resumed my laptop from sleep mode the network would always be instantly available too I've always been impressed with the speeds of resuming from sleep in Windows it's all pretty instant and means I can get straight back to browsing etc once I've entered my password Now if I wake the laptop from sleep I enter my password and the network appears to not be available for about a minute or so Then it functions normally but it's very very frustrating as I can't work out the cause When I resume if I try and refresh webpages I get 'network not available' errors in Chrome but the monitors I use Network Activity Indicator in the system tray don't show a loss of network connectivity i e - there is no red 'X' over the wireless signal bars Sometimes if when entering my password I get it incorrect it will say quot PC is offline Please enter the last password you logged Network not available instantly after resume from sleep on with quot - I am assuming this is also due to Network not available instantly after resume from sleep the above problem Why could this have suddenly started happening No settings have changed been changed on the router side Any ideas Thanks

A:Network not available instantly after resume from sleep

First thing I would try is open Device Manager, go to the WiFi adapter. Right click and select Properties. See if it has checked something to the effect "allow adapter to be shut off to save power." If so, uncheck it.

I've seen my power profile lose a setting here and there for no apparent reason.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47916-network-not-available-instantly-after-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Although I found some issues that are almost similar, nothing seems to really solves the issue I have.

Build 7068, x64 freezes after a resume from sleep (S3). The desktop image is visible but the system totally hangs. Only a hard power down works.
I use two USB devices (keyboard and remote) and both can resume the system from sleep. Strangly the system did work for the first day and now even a clean install fails on resume...?

Vista x86, had no issues at all, rock solid operation for almost a year.

System config:
Gigabyte EP45ds4 (BIOS P9), E8400, ATI HD2600pro (this card only works with driver 8.12 in Vista SP2 compatibility mode to enable svideo output), HVR2200.

A:7068, x64: Resume from sleep freezes W7

Hi boldor,

If you do these steps it should show the problem and you can trouble shoot from here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...y-monitor.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6560-7068-x64-resume-sleep-freezes-w7.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi hopefully someone on here can shed some light on this latest issue I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T running a fresh install of Win Pro x with SP I did the clean install as normal getting necessary drivers from Lenovo and leaving the rest to Windows In the past this Sleep/Hibernate Slow Resume from has worked well This time I am having an issue where resuming from sleep or hibernate takes Slow Resume from Sleep/Hibernate longer than starting the system from shutdown Looking at the event logs it seems to be driver related I open the lid press the power button and I get nothing other than a power light no HDD access light as usual This usually takes quite a while Once I get to the logon screen it is unresponsive to both password and fingerprint reader It sits like that for a while and than after logging on everything works fine The machine has ran Norton Internet Security from day and I have no reason to believe that this is malware related I have saved the quot Diagnostics-Performance quot section of event viewer an EVTX file which should be attached to this post It will open in event viewer Thanks in advance and please let me know if you need more info EDIT It says I am not permitted to upload this kind of file I have uploaded it to MS SkyDrive instead https skydrive live com redir resid B B BA CECB amp authkey AIPB vwC CRA --------- Lenovo ThinkPad T Win Pro x SP Intel C D T GB RAM Crucial M GB SSD GB Secondary HDD quot WXGA x Switchable Intel ATI Graphics ATI disabled

A:Slow Resume from Sleep/Hibernate

Nothing attached. Try it again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458914/slow-resume-from-sleephibernate/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there,

My laptop (Dell Vostro V13) is stuck in some kind of limbo. It went into sleep mode and won't wake up fully! It "resumes" the boot-up sequence right up until the four windows colors do their characteristic swirl animation - then the screen goes black.

I can't seem to force a fresh restart b/c every time I power off and back on, the laptop tries to *resume* and gets stuck again.

Hitting F2 and F12 allows me to run bios and memory tests, but to no avail. The laptop always attempts a resume.

How do I break this sleep-resume cycle and do a fresh restart? Reinstalling the OS is out of the question (too many important files will be erased)

many thanks!
Max

A:Windows Won't Resume from Sleep; Restart not available

See here;

Repair Install

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/159409-windows-wont-resume-sleep-restart-not-available.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Good day all I'm usually not one to register to these types of forums but I've ran out of ideas and am completely stuck I will try to sum up my problem history and / Resume problem 7 [32 / bit] - Windows 64 bit Sleep the troubleshooting steps I've taken as best I can but please feel free to request more if needed Description First of all Windows 7 [32 bit / 64 bit] - Sleep / Resume problem the title of my post might be misleading but it's what I am presuming is the root cause of all this Just to be clear Windows bit had been working fine for the past three weeks before this occurred Also I had not made any recent software changes at least not that day and much less any hardware changes I had left my PC idle for the afternoon and came back while it was in sleep mode When waking it I found that the components were starting up as usual but the CPU fan was continuing to run at max speed for over seconds rather than the short seconds it does usually Unable to get anything on the display or any response what-so-ever from the system I proceeded to doing a hard shutdown When booting back up W advised that the system had been unable to resume my sleep session and prompted me to either Delete the session and start from new or Try to reload the session I chose option This brought me to the first appearance of the problem The Starting Windows animation begins and just as it would usually go to the Login Screen the system hangs and becomes unresponsive Things I did after I went ahead and did another hard shutdown This time W advised that is was unable to boot correctly and that it could attempt a repair so I did that still same problem Having a short fuse with this kind of stuff I didn't bother doing much more and decided to re-install with the bit version I have access to both bit and bit W through MSDN I booted up with a USB with Slax and backed up most of my data to an external HDD popped in the bit W DVD and scrapped the partitions and started re-installing Everything seemed to go seamless until Windows started finishing the install at which point I got a black screen with a flashing cursor at the top left of the screen At this point the system is unresponsive numlock caplocks light do not light on offl when hitting the keys Thinking this may have been caused by bit W I tried re-installing the bit version which had been working fine before and successfully installed after scrapping my Windows XP partition I had before and again SAME PROBLEM I tried resetting my BIOS to default settings to no avail As of the writing of this post I am currently trying to re-install Win XP to see if that would work also doing the thorough NTFS format My thoughts have me leaning towards it being a bad HDD but it's never happened to me before Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated Dan

A:Windows 7 [32 bit / 64 bit] - Sleep / Resume problem

Might be HDD, but these symptoms could also indicate a RAM problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/39410-windows-7-32-bit-64-bit-sleep-resume-problem.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I know there are far too many of these threads out there and I have attempted many times over the past various fixes to no avail so alas here Fails Computer to After Sleep Resume I am Figured it would be much easier to start from scratch so here goes My PC fails to resume after sleeping I tell it to sleep fine Computer Fails to Resume After Sleep when I try to resume it from sleep the power lights flash up and the fans start spinning but only for a second before stopping completely Usually it takes at least one or two attempts of starting the PC normally via the power button on the PC as opposed to mouse keyboard before it will actually start properly as opposed to simply powering on for a second then off However when it does start again it starts as if it's resuming from hibernation - i e the desktop will return to its previous state when I attempted to sleep etc etc Any help or advice on where to begin would be fantastic

A:Computer Fails to Resume After Sleep

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Make sure that your video drivers are updated - they impact the sleep/hibernate functions.

Temporarily turn off sleep and hybrid sleep per this tutorial:
Windows Does Not Start After Sleep

Restart the computer and set it to hibernate after a short time.
Let it go into hibernation by itself.
Did it come out of hibernation correctly?

Now try the sleep option (leave the hybrid sleep turned off).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/281325-computer-fails-resume-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

As of today, I am no longer able to successfully wake my XPS 15 9550 from sleep. Yesterday it worked fine, today, every time, without fail, the computer's keyboard will light up and then it will auto-restart after about 30 seconds of no response. I am not in the Windows insider program and I did not install any software. Attempting to use system restore to my last point yields an unknown error.
sfc /scannow shows no violations.

A:XPS 15 9550 - Crash on resume from sleep

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly follow the steps below .

Click Start , type command in the Start Search box, right-click Command Prompt in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

At the command prompt, type powercfg /a. 

Check the output of the command
Also you may follow these below steps.

A hardware device might be keeping your computer awake. USB flash drives and USB mice are common devices that can keep your computer awake. Make sure that you have the most current drivers all of your devices.
To prevent a device from waking your computer
1.      Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.‌  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2.      In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to prevent from waking your computer, and then double-click the device name.
3.      Click the Power Management tab and then clear the Allow this device to wake the computer check box.
4.      Click OK.
A program or scheduled task might be waking your computer. By default, Power Option settings do not allow scheduled tasks to wake the computer from sleep or hibernate. However, some programs might awaken the computer if these settings have been changed.
To prevent programs from waking your computer
5.      Open Power Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.
6.      On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings for the plan that you want to change.
7.      On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.
8.      On the Advanced settings tab, expand Sleep, expand Allow wake timers, choose Disable for both when your computer is running on battery and when it's plugged in, and then click OK.
Kindly let us know if the issue is resolved.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19678052
Relevancy 58.91%

Windows 10 home with the anniversary update and all updates since on a Toshiba laptop.
When I boot up from a complete shutdown, I get a wallpaper (1) on the screen and after I press enter the login screen appears with its wallpaper image.
But, when I resume by lifting the laptop lid the screen that appears is dark (no wallpaper) and only the time and date present. I do not mind the time and date on the pre-login screen, but how do I get a wallpaper instead of the black background?
Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/64393-no-wallpaper-resume-sleep-screen.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Simply what it says in the title.. Is it possible to get a laptop to resume from sleep upon pressing the touchpad? Similarly to how a desktop resumes from sleep when you click the mouse? I went into device manager, and my laptops touchpad or keyboard doesn't seem to have power options under properties.. So is it possible?

A:Resume from Sleep upon pressing touchpad..? Possible?

To see if it is possible go to device manager. Once there right click on any entries pertaining to touch pad. Right click properties, click advanced. If you can use it to wake your computer you will find a box to check

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/53458-resume-sleep-upon-pressing-touchpad-possible.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I am having problems with my Win PC which is periodically slow to resume from sleep it will either take about secs to go from password screen to show desktop Go straight to normal screen of app that was open and allow typing etc there but for about secs is slow to open new programs or open for example Control Panel Get back from sleep in a few seconds and function normally I have checked quot view performance details in from to resume sleep PC Win7 slow the event log quot and see a few things but nothing seems to correspond with seconds of slow response I do get errors corresponding to a USB driver but they seem to only occur if I have something plugged into the USB hub ports on my Apple Cinema Display It goes away if I use a port on the PC itself This is the warning message on resume from sleep Windows has resumed from standby Standby Duration ms Standby Incident Time UTC - - T Z Resume Duration Win7 PC slow to resume from sleep ms Resume Incident Time UTC - - T Z IsDegradation false This Win7 PC slow to resume from sleep is the message when the USN item a Wacom tablet is plugged into the USB port on the ACD This driver responded slower than expected to the resume request while servicing this device Driver File Name Driver usbuhci Driver Friendly Name UHCI USB Miniport Driver Driver Version win sp gdr - Driver Total Time ms Driver Degradation Time ms Incident Time UTC - - T Z Device Name PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS amp REV amp c b c amp amp E Device Friendly Name Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - A Device Total Time ms Device Degradation Time ms Doesn't seem like enough time to be noticeable System Specs is up to date note op system is on GB Sandisk SSD Appreciate any assistance with trouble shooting

A:Win7 PC slow to resume from sleep

See if this finds anything new for you.
Intel? Driver Update Utility

This could help stabilize the usb problem possibly.
IT would seem a older driver is getting in the way. That's my first guess anyhow.

Here is something else you can do that may help prevent usb faults.

To Disable Selective Suspend:

open the control panel
go to power options (you may have to set view to small icons)
click change plan settings
in the window that opens:
click change plan settings
click change advanced power settings, expand usb and ensure usb selective suspend is disabled.
(I do this on all my systems, the feature seems to cause more problems than anything.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/255918-win7-pc-slow-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I have the problem with BSOD sleep from resume (+1 when hour) my new setup that it gives me a bluescreen when i wake it up from Sleep mode that's approximately hour long BSOD when resume from sleep (+1 hour) sleep mode When i set the pc to sleep and almost immediately wake it up by keyboard I get no bluescreen I can't get it fixed Mayby someone can get this clear I tried the following already Memtest - cycles hours http i tinypic com m o d jpg CPU test Intel CPU stress test GPU stress test SSD check Samsung Magician Bios update to newest version WhoCrashed logs Install Windows amp on another SSD M Crucial GB Setup MB Gigabyte Z X Gaming CPU Intel Core i CPU koeler Scythe Mugen PCGH Edition RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport GB DDR - CL kit GPU MSI GeForce GTX Gaming GB HDD Samsung Evo GB PSU Corsair RM On this moment installed Windows x - Build SP all updates I have included BSOD when resume from sleep (+1 hour) the zip file in this post

A:BSOD when resume from sleep (+1 hour)

The versatility of the crash dumps are strongly indicating something going extremely odd there. The first notion goes to the RAM, which you nullified, the camera snap does the job.

Then we have to dig the deep for the root of the issue. At first I would like to ask you one thing. What is the purpose of this program in your system?Start Menu\Programs\KMSpico
Let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374190-bsod-when-resume-sleep-1-hour.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I just put together a new PC Slow Win7 Resume from Sleep and it's very slow to resume from sleep I set the BIOS to use S sleep I put the computer into sleep manually and all Win7 Slow Resume from Sleep of the fans lights go off in a seconds or so When I resume from sleep it takes about seconds before Windows comes back on By resume I mean the LCD power light changes from amber to green and comes on My USB mouse also has a light that takes about the same amount of time before it comes on The PC fans all come on immediately I have MSI G-E motherboard with AMD Phenom II with all hidden cores unlocked and overclocked from Ghz to Ghz Windows Home Premium bit GB x Mushkin RAM TB Seagate SATA MB Maxtor SATA ASUS SATA DVD LiteOn IDE CD using on board video Radeon HD AVerDVD EZMaker WDM video capture PCI card W PSU don't recall brand offhand So far I've disabled the extra cores and removed that overclocking I also removed the video capture card and the IDE drive Neither of those had any effect on the resume from standby time I did go into control panel- gt performance and information tools- gt advanced tools- gt view performance details in the event log and I see quite a few quot standby performance monitoring quot errors and warnings There's nothing in there that sticks out to me as pointing to a particular driver or piece of hardware but I'm not really sure how to interpret the logs One recent entry shows the resume duration at ms but there's really no data there that would help me isolate the issue Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on what exactly to look for or to try at this point

A:Win7 Slow Resume from Sleep

I study all repeat errors in Event Viewer>Admin View and Performance log by googling their text and ID# to learn about how others have dealt with them.

This is how it's done by the pros: Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues - MSFN

What jumps out in reading your post is the disabling of two cores and overclocking. You may need to reset your CMOS to return to baseline.

Was there ever a time it resumed correctly? If so, System Restore is your friend. On sleep problem machines I set a restore point for "Sleep" then apportion up to 20% of HD to restore points at System Protection>Configure so it sticks around to be restored if necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/129822-win7-slow-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all My computer is blue screening when I try to resume from sleep I don't have a dump file as one doesn't seem to be generated but I do have a log file The computer seems to go through a full reboot when I resume from suspend Code Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Mark-PC Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt when to resume trying sleep BSOD form x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot BSOD when trying to resume form sleep gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID BSOD when trying to resume form sleep quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Mark-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt true lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt The BSOD code is Code driver irql not less or equal Any help is much appreciated I also added the diag tool information

A:BSOD when trying to resume form sleep

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309223-bsod-when-trying-resume-form-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi. My X1 carbon ofter remains on black screen after resuming from sleep or hibernation. This also happens very ofter after pluging/unpluging power. BTW, when upluging/pluging power the whole screen turn itself off and on. Why is this happening? I have got X61 and there is not this issue. Does anyone else have the same issue?

A:X1 Carbon does not resume from sleep or after unpl...

Looks like that after disabling all the security features in the BIOS the screen does not turn itself off when unpluging/pluging the power cord. Is there any RCA on this? Why is this happeing?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-does-not-resume-from-sleep-or-after-unpluging-plugin/td-p/883357
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently had it taken into the shop because of blue screens, boot problems...everything else is fine, but when it goes into sleep mode, it won't resume. I try to wake it up from hitting a key on the keyboard, or clicking the mouse. The comp turns back on, but the monitor won't.....here's my build

Asus P8P67 pro Revised B3
GTX 570
Corsair HX 750w PSU
i5-2500k
8gb kingston hyperx genesis

Relevancy 58.48%

i have a "microsoft wireless mouse 2000" and my pc is running win 8 pro. most of the times after i resume from hibernation the scroll speed is insane! moving the scroll wheel 1mm causes for example the browser to scroll over one page! in scroll settings it shows "roll wheel one click to scroll 3 lines", no matter what i set this to it still scrolls excesivly.. i need a full system reboot to regain control over scroll speed.
this was never an issue with win7.

if anyone got a solution for this, i would be very greatfull!

A:insane scroll speed after resume

perhaps this may help : Software Downloads: Wireless Mouse 2000

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/13444-insane-scroll-speed-after-resume.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm having a problem where if my laptop is idle and the screen goes black, I can't get it to resume. I try moving the mouse and hitting buttons, but nothing happens. I have to completely shut the PC off and start it again. Also, if I put it to sleep, the same thing happens (it goes black but doesn't sleep or resume). My drivers are all up to date but it still happens.

A:PC Won't Resume if Screen Goes Black/Won't Go Into Sleep Mode

Try in clean boot, does it happen
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/126000-pc-wont-resume-if-screen-goes-black-wont-go-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a customer's machine in Sleep Hibernate from or Locks Resume Event 41 my Resume from Sleep or Hibernate Locks Event 41 possesion He is running Win Home premium on a recently upgraded Toshiba L -S Laptop The machine runs very well until it is brought our of sleep After about - seconds it Resume from Sleep or Hibernate Locks Event 41 will freeze completely Forcing a cold boot after which it will run fine again until sleep is invoked again This is repeatable of the time Event logs show Event ID Kernel Power Critical error I have updated Bios and drivers from Toshiba's web site All to no avail I have search this site somewhat at length many google queries have landed me here in my research to determine what could be causing this Most of the results I have seen involve some type of driver conflict with the sleep suspend wake features My customer has told me do not put Vista back on the machine It would be nice to solve this one however I am stumped at this point This machine was running Vista Home Basic and never had this problem before I can log in from the laptop and provide the minidump if someone thinks that it might help Mike

A:Resume from Sleep or Hibernate Locks Event 41

I actually experience exactly the same on a custom built HTPC with Windows 7 Home Premium. Using DVBViewer as the TV program, the computer resumes from sleep and starts to show the live TV. Then, after 30 seconds to approx. 3 minutes, it freezes and I have to unplug it before I can restart. This also happens when DVBViewer is not running, i.e. it's not the specific program that causes the freeze.

Here the eventlog for the situation:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-11-10T19:36:12.832012900Z" />
<EventRecordID>25969</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>mediapc</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Any idea?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/34909-resume-sleep-hibernate-locks-event-41-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an XPS 12 with an intermittent hanging problem after it resumes from sleep.  By intermittent hanging, I mean everything freezes up for 10-15 seconds at a time--no mouse movement, no keyboard input, no touch response, no screen updates.  When starting from a complete shutdown state, it does not exhibit this problem.
This started after upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.  So I did a clean install of Windows 10 from media I downloaded from MS.  The problem persists even after clean install.
If I uninstall Intel Dynamic Power and Thermal Framework (DPTF) drivers, this problem goes away.
OS fully updated.  Chipset drivers installed and updated.
Ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19974268
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all.

This intermittent issue continues to cause system failure, on resume from (long) sleep.
Hibernation is disabled.
Details attached.
SPEC: Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Dell XPS L502x

A:KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR BSOD 0x0000007a on Resume from sleep

Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000009d - STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware
Test your HDD using Seatools. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

Let us know the result.

Also, free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and teh touchpad driver, SynTPenh
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348167-kernel_data_inpage_error-bsod-0x0000007a-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Machine Type T460s Sleep Unwanted ThinkPad Resume from F -CTO WW running Win Home -bit nbsp Sleep hibernate mode appears to continue depleting battery at significant rates nbsp Event viewer showing machine ThinkPad T460s Unwanted Resume from Sleep entering sleep hibernate nbsp mode event and within seconds resuming from sleep hibernate mode event nbsp nbsp nbsp AM nbsp nbsp Kernel-Power nbsp nbsp Event ID nbsp nbsp The system is ThinkPad T460s Unwanted Resume from Sleep entering sleep nbsp nbsp AM nbsp nbsp Kernel-General nbsp Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp System time has changed to XXXXX from XXXXX System time sync with hardware clock nbsp nbsp AM nbsp nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp Event ID nbsp nbsp WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped nbsp nbsp AM nbsp nbsp Netwtw nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp The description for Event ID from source Netwtw cannot be found Either ThinkPad T460s Unwanted Resume from Sleep the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted You can install or repair the component on the local computer nbsp If the event originated on another computer the display information had to be saved with the event nbsp The following information was included with the event nbsp Device NDMP nbsp Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC nbsp The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file nbsp nbsp nbsp AM nbsp nbsp Kernel-Power nbsp nbsp Event ID nbsp nbsp The system has resumed from sleep nbsp nbsp Any help diagnosing whether this is indeed a sleep problem and how to fix it would be much appreciated

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/ThinkPad-T460s-Unwanted-Resume-from-Sleep/td-p/3437176
Relevancy 58.48%

hi all,
i know this question has been asked a million times but after trying everything suggested it still is not working.

last night i was watching a movie on my computer and when i went to press "esc" to exit the big screen thing, i accidently pressed sleep mode above. and after that the computer shut down and now thescreen wont resume, the computer itself is working but nothing appears on the screen. what do i do?

i tried, turning it off from the source and holding down the power button for the monitor but it keeps coming up with a short notice saying power mode and then it dissapears and the mouse isnt working and the keyboard is not doing anything either. when i press i caps lock or any lock button theres a little flash and still nothing happens.

HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-wont-resume-after-sleep-mode.1023258/
Relevancy 58.48%

Have a Windows 7 PC working fine for 6 months, now fails to resume from sleep every time. On attempting to resume the PC appears to go through a powering up loop (Hard disk and fan spin up) which then goes off and repeats indefinitely till you force the power off by holding town power button.

When changing 'allow hybrid sleep' in Power Settings to disable; it cured it for a few days. The issue came back, so tried enabling this setting - same result. Disabled again, same result.

Update Intel Graphics Drivers to latest. Fixed the issue again, just for a few days.

What's going on? It doesn't seem possible it's a hardware issue but am baffled.

Thanks.

A:Resume from sleep failure - power up loop

Please type the following in a command prompt. Powercfg -a and tell us what is supported.

Please dont start dup threads.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223393-resume-sleep-failure-power-up-loop.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Forum

I see this crops up from time to time and usually ends up being a driver issue.
So, can anyone help me to identify which driver is the culprit here?
Thanks in hopeful anticipation.

Simon

A:BSOD 0x009f driver_power_state_failure on sleep/resume

Hi Simon1957,

Please remove items from the startup
How to remove items from startup - Windows 7 Help Forums
These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.
Uninstall Daemon Tools
Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:Double click the executable to open it
Click on the button shown below

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382541-bsod-0x009f-driver_power_state_failure-sleep-resume.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Weird problem has started happening out of the blue on my Windows box Been working fine for a standby/sleep Win7 failure, x64 Resume from few years now all of a sudden it has stopped resuming properly from standby First it starts up but the screen shows nothing - it will stay like this for hours if you let it So I have to do a hard-shutdown When it restarts it says 'RESUMING WINDOWS' - despite hibernation Resume from standby/sleep failure, Win7 x64 being disabled It then kind of manages to boot but programs etc fail to load properly so I have to do a full restart It proceeds to do a chkdsk on C which fixes several new errors every time like quot deleting corrupt attribute record quot quot from file record xxx bad file records processed reparse records processed indexes Deleting index entry xxxx complete Everything is then fine unless you do another 'standby' Done a bit of reading searching around but not found anything that helps yet Things I have tried already System restore to before the problem started happening Full Windows 'upgrade' repair Updated NVIDIA graphics drivers One twist to the story is that when I checked power options I found hibernation disabled AND greyed out When I try to re-enable it using the command line quot powercfg hibernate on quot it gives me this error The system could not create the hibernation file The specific error code is xc Any help you can Resume from standby/sleep failure, Win7 x64 give would be much appreciated as I really want to avoid having to do a fresh Windows install - I have tons of audio apps installed that all need authenticating etc and it's a real hassle

A:Resume from standby/sleep failure, Win7 x64

Ok well I think I've answered my own question after all that. For reference - install all latest MOBO drivers folks, think my Win install was using generics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155638-resume-standby-sleep-failure-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Will the computer automatically resume from sleep when Run backup on a schedule is set at a time when the computer is sleeping or do we have to tweak the task scheduler?

A:Computer resume from sleep when backup on a schedule?

Quote: Originally Posted by polycue

Will the computer automatically resume from sleep when Run backup on a schedule is set at a time when the computer is sleeping or do we have to tweak the task scheduler?

With Vista, your computer would wake to complete a task, but it could sleep again before the task was completed. I did not hear anything different about Win 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/40525-computer-resume-sleep-when-backup-schedule.html
Relevancy 58.48%

network does not automatically connect when I resume from sleep. I have to either restart computer or manually disable then reenable the wired and wireless connections. Both are set so that the computer does not save power by turning them off and both do not automatically wake the computer from sleep (that is not an issue). Any ideas?

A:network does not auto-connect when resume from sleep

dang. I figured this one out by myself. well, nevermind then.

I enabled S3 & S1 in Bios and went into network connections>local area connection>properties>configure>Advanced [tab]>wakeonlan from poweroff set to disabled

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283257-network-does-not-auto-connect-when-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

I have a problem with windows vista ultimate x64 SP1 latest build(6000 something)

When my comp resumes from "sleep mode"(S3 state) it freezes after 5-20 seconds. Mouse, keyboard, and all programs stop responding.

I have installed the hotfix KB928135 but with no avial
I have installed all of the latest drivers for my system

My system:

Monitor: Dell E157FP
MOBO: D975XBX rev. 304
PSU: Corsair TX650
VGA: ATI Radeon 3870
Mous/Keyboard: PS/2
RAM: 2GB G.Skill pc6400

Currently i'm trying (yea trying but not having luck) to install the original latest bios 1487, because I flashed a custom one with Intergrated tool kit. Could this be the problem?

I'm lost and frustrated and hoping you guys can help me, if you need any more information please ask.

Thanks.

A:Vista freezes on resume from sleep mode

you guys are a lot of help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezes-on-resume-from-sleep-mode-281235.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello all , new to the forum, just getting this random crash on resume from sleep. Essentially one of three things happens when I resume the PC from sleep 1)works fine no problems 2)windows explorer crashes on resume 3)BSOD and restart It's probably about 1/3 chance of each. This is using build 7100 RC1 32bit on a Samsung Q310 with a Penryn 8600 processor, 4gb DDR3 RAM. Using RMClock for undervolting but it wasn't an issue in the beta so wondering what's changed ok I cant paste the event-log as trying to copy/paste is crashing it.... its a kernel-power critical error, anyway! Cheers

A:Crash on sleep/resume...not consistent, error log:

Zip up the memory dump files and upload them with your next post. They're usually located at C:\Windows\Minidump

Reset your BIOS to default values, and ensure that you have the latest version of the BIOS (this is no guarantee, but it may help). If the system doesn't crash then, then you've found your culprit.

Finally, most sleep errors occur due to video drivers. Get the latest version from the manufacturer of your video chipset (ATI, nVidia, Intel, etc) and install that. FYI - I'm having sleep issues with my system and am starting to think that it could be a bug in Win7 and it's ability to work with system BIOS's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/10123-crash-sleep-resume-not-consistent-error-log.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Acer Aspire Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz No sleep [SOLVED] after resume mode sound from GHz GB RAM Windows Home Premium Bit No SP Hello Ever since I installed Windows on my previously XP run laptop I have had sound issues - After I resume my laptop from sleep mode I get no more sound eventhough the taskbar volume indicator clearly shows the sound volume flashing I have to restart my laptop to get the sound working again -Also when I plug in a headphone into my laptop the sound goes dead If I start up my laptop with a [SOLVED] No sound after resume from sleep mode headphone plugged in it works fine untill I unplug it and then guess what sound no more In device manager under audio it is listed as High Definition Audio Device and according to Windows is functioning properly and up to date Furthermore Windows has been working like a charm except for this flaw Are any of you familiar with this issue and know of a remedy Thanks for any advice

A:[SOLVED] No sound after resume from sleep mode

Hi,

Despite Device Manager saying that your sound driver is up to date, it most likely is not.

Update it from here: http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers...k/as_5670.html (select the Realtek Sound driver in the drop down list).

Also, by having no Service Packs installed you are missing many critical updates. I do not think that the lack of service packs is causing this issue but it would pay to update sooner rather than later.

SP direct download links: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f104...ml#post1387293

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-no-sound-after-resume-from-sleep-mode-502201.html
Relevancy 58.48%

When my computer wakes up from sleep my wd 1.5 tb is gone. and i need to reboot to get the drive back. Anyway i can fix this?

thanks

A:disappearing hard drive after resume from sleep

Applicable for SATA drives:
You receive various Stop error messages in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2 when you try to resume a computer that has a large SATA hard disk

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/110829-disappearing-hard-drive-after-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.48%

HP2560P Win10-64: Upon resuming from sleep, the trackpad, mouse pointer stick / nub fails.  The logitech wireless mouse does work.  Where to start troubleshooting? Is there a good log file to check?Is there a diagnostic procedure? If you have solved the problem with your 2560P or similar laptop on Win10-64 please state this in your response?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Onboard-mouse-failure-when-resume-from-sleep/td-p/5784944
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all I have a Win Pro x box with HDDs - an GB boot drive and Disappearing resume on S3 hard drive sleep from a GB data drive both Seagate Barracudas On resume from S hybrid sleep the data drive is often not detected When this happens the only way of making it reappear is to reboot the machine - either a quot warm quot reboot or a shutdown startup works The machine is an HTPC running MediaPortal so schedules itself to wake up to make recordings and so far touch wood when this happens the drive is detected - at least no Disappearing hard drive on resume from S3 sleep recordings have failed yet It only seems to be manual wakes triggering this behaviour Googling the problem brings up many similar problems from which seem to be linked to using drives in AHCI mode However I'm using IDE mode for mine I've tried installing the hotfix KB anyway but it just says it's not applicable I've tried updating chipset drivers but the latest version released by Asus only offers to install an quot away mode configuration utility quot despite other drivers being present in the image Disappearing hard drive on resume from S3 sleep I've flashed the latest BIOS version As far as I can tell nothing different is logged in any of the Windows Logs in event viewer when the drive does not appear unless there's somewhere else I should be looking Is there anything else I can try or does anyone know where I can get some chipset drivers that actually install Let me know if you want logs or any more info Thanks System ASUS M N -AM AMD Athlon X e GB RAM Radeon HD Hauppauge Nova-TD tuner abit AirPace wifi card GB Seagate Barracuda boot drive GB Seagate Barracuda data drive Windows Professional

A:Disappearing hard drive on resume from S3 sleep

Hi

I would suggest preventing the hard drive to enter in power saving mode by changing the power plan settings.

Power Plan Settings - Change

Set "Hard Disk --> Turn off Hard Disk after" to "Never".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/357963-disappearing-hard-drive-resume-s3-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.48%

HI,I have an HP2000-2b10NR laptop that I've just installed Win10 (downloaded from microsoft) on to a 60GB SSD. Install went fine and operation is fine, until it sleeps. Then it wakes up and says "a problem has occurred and the system must reboot :-(", then it automatically just reboots. I've seen other threads involving downgrading the BIOS to a different version, but the support page for this model shows no such option available. I previously had Windows10 on this machine on a Toshiba IDE disk and didn't have any such suspend/sleep problem. Could it have something to do with the SSD driver? Any idea how to troubleshoot this? What information can I provide to help figure out what's wrong?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP2000-crashes-after-resume-from-suspend-sleep/td-p/5633110
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Hello Just got my new X1 yoga, but even after reading the manual, couldn't figure out how to resume it from sleep? Getting it to sleep easy, lid down, windows menu or F4. When I came back to it, the screen is off, the fingerprit scanner has a light, but I cannot manage to get it back on unless i press 1 or 2 times on the power button, and then it resumes. Any other ways to do it?? I'm used just to press any key/mouse, to get it to resume, my old surface was like that. Sorry for the basic question, but the power button sometime takes as long time, as I think it's restarting the computer. Thank you

A:ThinkPad X1 Yoga how to resume from sleep mode??

Pressing the Fn key might do it if it has only been in sleep mode for a while, but after a period of time set under the power plan setting, it will go into hibernation mode  to save the battery power (it basically writes the system state to a file called hiberfil.sys, and powers off), and in that case you have to press the power button to resume. This might help too even though it does not explicitly mention your model.https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht075624 Take Care,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-how-to-resume-from-sleep-mode/td-p/3307313
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello again jcgriff2 and thanks again for your help in the past.

I just picked up a laptop from a friend and am having some BSOD issues with it. So far it has only been happening consistently when the system attempts to resume Windows after going into sleep or hibernate mode. I am also getting intermittent BSODs when rebooting or shutting down.

The system specs are:

Asus G72GX Laptop
OS - Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo P8700
RAM - 6 GB
Video - NVIDA GeForce GTX 260M
Anti-Mal - Microsoft Security Essentials

Everything on the system is OEM and I ran a fresh full restore when I got it. I've updated the drivers from both Asus and Nvidia to the most recent on everything (I think).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Scott

A:BSOD on Sleep, Hibernate, Reboot, Resume

Have a look at this thread for the STOP 0x116 errors (that's what you're receiving): http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...eshooting.html

If it's not overheating, and you've updated the drivers - then you may have a problem with the video card.

The date of your video driver is:

Quote:

nvlddmkm.sys Fri Nov 20 22:40:46 2009

Please visit http://www.nvidia.com/object/noteboo...7.16_whql.html and download the latest video drivers for your system.

Then - uninstall all the nVidia stuff from your system, reboot, and then install the freshly downloaded drivers.

Also, please remove or update these older drivers that were loaded at the time of the crash. Don't use Windows Update or the Update drivers function of Device Manager.
Please use the following instructions to locate the most currently available drivers to replace the one's that you uninstall OR remove:

Quote:

How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org/drvrdown.html

Here's the older drivers. Please pay particular attention to any dated 2007 or earlier:

Code:
sncduvc.SYS Mon Dec 29 04:14:26 2008 - HP/Suyin Webcam driver - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#sncduvc.SYS
ASMMAP64.sys Sun Feb 04 14:52:56 2007 - ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY Driver - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#ASMMAP.sys
Summary of the last 21 BSOD's:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Mon Apr 12 10:49:31.824 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:08:22.790
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
BugCheck 116, {fffffa80085e04e0, fffff8800ff53230, 0, 2}
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+10d230 )
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Wed Apr 7 20:41:44.572 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 8:55:17.538
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
BugCheck 116, {fffffa8005c75360, fffff8800ffab230, 0, 2}
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon Apr 5 12:36:44.482 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:54:59.449
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800c826270, fffff8800ff61230, 0, 2}
??????????????????????????????????????????????????... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-sleep-hibernate-reboot-resume-476213.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys I have ntkrnlmp.exe resume sleep, 0xA, random at from and BSOD, attempted all of the BSOD analysis I could find WinDbg verifier etc detailed below and have failed to fix it so I thought I would ask for advice from someone with a little more experience zip attached BSOD, 0xA, random and at resume from sleep, ntkrnlmp.exe Problem BSOD occurring progressively on my HTPC for the past months from to times per BSOD, 0xA, random and at resume from sleep, ntkrnlmp.exe month initially to now almost every day Custom HTPC Antec NSK case Win Ultimate x ASUS P H D-M EVO BIOS - most recent Intel i never overclocked runs at - C Intel X M G GB SSD OS WD EARS Green TB Media EVGA GTX Ti latest WHQL drivers runs at C idle C in typical use Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR GB default timing - - - Intel PRO PT gigabit PCIe NIC not using Realtek L built in to MB disabling in BIOS and uninstalling driver had no effect PC Power amp Cooling EPS V swapped out Antec EarthWatts as part of troubleshooting Lately most BSOD occur when resuming from sleep out of times but also occur at other times as well Running WinDbg on the dumps results in quot Probably caused by ntkrnlmp exe quot Running driver verifier all non MS drivers selected BSOD occurs of the time xE when resuming from sleep always - seconds after the desktop displays but NEVER after a restart While running driver verifier BSOD froze at initializing drive for crash dump while completed the dump Minidumps included from BSOD while running verifier Through process of elimination selecting subsets of non Microsoft drivers having vclone sys selected was responsible for the BSOD xE with verifier running However after uninstalling virtual clonedrive the same BSOD was still occurring because scsiport sys was seemingly selected automatically with vclone sys even though I had not selected it manually So it seemed that scsiport sys was actually causing the DMA error xE with verifier running not vclone sys I confirmed this by selecting only scsiport sys in driver verifier with virtual clonedrive uninstalled which results in the xE error of the time when resuming from sleep quot The DMA Subsystem has detected an illegal DMA operation initiated by a driver being verified quot However attempts to select other individual drivers in verifier ALSO resulted in BSOD at resume from sleep of the time when ANY driver is selected in verifier I get BSOD at resume from sleep However the BSOD is different when other drivers are selected I get a SPECIAL POOL DETECTED MEMORY CORRUPTION error xC and NEVER got a dump BSOD froze at initializing drive for crash dump Ran chkdsk f r on both drives full scan memtest on the memory overnight with no errors detected I do have extra sets of memory that can be tried if helpful Ran sfc scannow with a few fixes made sfcdetails txt available if needed corrected now but now runs with no errors Replaced the power supply just in case with another known to be problem free weeks ago with no change Replaced the video card a week ago GT -- gt GTX Ti due to high temps - C on the old one with no change at all BSOD have occurred across multiple video driver versions all WHQL currently installed That being said current Nvidia drivers fail to detect HDMI HDCP changes correctly worked until xx whereby HDMI audio does not work when the TV is turned off and back on requires restart and the Gefen HDMI Detective Plus does not work to correct the driver issue HDCP error until restart LAN drivers chipset drivers audio drivers all up to date as far as I can tell I run MSE for antivirus and have been since system built full scan ran yesterday found no issues No other antivirus programs ever installed All windows updates applied This is a cablecard MC setup with lots of copy once recordings so I am hesitant to format and reinstall Many times the BSOD occurs when the HTPC resumes to record a show with the show failing to record and the WAF of the HTPC plummeting rapidly Given how easily reproducible the BSOD ... Read more

A:BSOD, 0xA, random and at resume from sleep, ntkrnlmp.exe

BSODs are caused by (partially) Intel(R) PRO/1000 PT Network Connection driver.

Code:
fffff880`0357eb88 fffff880`057b591bUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1e6232e.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1e6232e.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1e6232e.sys
e1e6232e+0x2a91b
Try to update it from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

Also, some Disc errors are there, too. but not clear what is causing that error.

First you update the firmware of INTEL SSDSA2M080. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=18363

Next, uninstall Marvell SCSI driver.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Marvell
Start Menu\Programs\Marvell\61xx driver
After uninstalling, follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling to free up the leftovers.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285362-bsod-0xa-random-resume-sleep-ntkrnlmp-exe.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey all I m having trouble figuring out what is the problem with this system HP Pavilion a n with a PNY Nvidia Quadro FX graphics card installed I ve just installed the graphics card and it seems to be causing problems when trying to resume from sleep It boots fine and hibernation S works fine too just not sleep S I ve tried the latest drivers from Nvidia didn t help I found an old HP driver that seems to work on sleep Win mode black from resume screen 7 just as well if not better which I ll be double checking after I post this and another older driver from PNY They all exhibit the same problem black screen after trying to resume from sleep When trying to resume from sleep the computer powers on you can hear the fans and everything Win 7 black screen on resume from sleep mode just no video signal to the screen I checked PNY system requirements for the card and it says a W power supply is required which this computer only has W PSU which is probably - years old My question is Do you think a too small power supply could be the culprit for these kinds of symptoms If so wouldn t shouldn t a too small PSU also cause problems on startup resume from hibernate and during operation Thanks DaOne nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-black-screen-on-resume-from-sleep-mode.966574/
Relevancy 58.48%

I've had a T440S for about a year and a half.It came with windows 8 which I upgraded to 8.1 and then later upgraded to Windows 10Everything was working fine until perhaps 4 weeks ago when the laptop will no longer wake up from "deep sleep".If I close the lid for 20 minutes ("light sleep" it does wake back up, but if left overnight it does not wake up...Until about 4 weeks ago when I opened the lid in the morning it would say "Resuming from deep sleep" ... now ...I have to hold the power button down to turn the laptop OFF then restart - loosing all open work. Lenovo System Update does not report any uninstalled critical patchesI have had hibernation disabled since upgrading to Windows 10A little googling implies this is a pretty widespread issue across multiple brands of laptops. Can anyone give me a hand?Thanks in advance!Jim  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440s-will-not-resume-from-deep-sleep-under-Windows-10/td-p/3467293
Relevancy 58.48%

So here is my problem I know its a little long winded and sorry if its in the wrong forum I started getting BSODs whenever I would allow my computer to sleep and then wake it up Those BSODs then began happening without putting the computer into sleep mode but with an added twist I had display from Sleep Hang/BSOD [SOLVED] Resume S3 artifacts and what I would describe as -bit red scrolling overlay over my monitors My GSO is about - years old now and has lasted through builds so I decided to get a new GPU Before I did this I tried it in my second PCI-E slot No luck and I was getting artifacts during POST So I picked up an AMD Radeon Got it home flawless install but same problem whenever I came back and woke it from S sleep I would get hangs extreme artifacts and full plain coloured screens no BSODs though Once I got a driver error popup but usually I don't No amount of changing drivers helped I did a clean install updated everything [SOLVED] Hang/BSOD Resume from S3 Sleep same problem Tried with no luck removed SP Win Pro Multiple versions of Drivers Extended TDR Updated amp Cleared BIOS Tried completely separate monitor and cable same problem I have preformed CPU GPU and RAM stress tests Prime FurMark MemTest all clear no temperature issues Moved SSD w Windows Install from SATA ports Marvell to SATA ports Intel no change And let me be clear there is absolutely no problem the system runs flawlessly until I let it sleep and resume - s later artifacts What could it be This build has been working fine for a year until now My thoughts are PSU or MB Or I happened to get a dud card with the same symptoms as my [SOLVED] Hang/BSOD Resume from S3 Sleep old one and the universe [SOLVED] Hang/BSOD Resume from S3 Sleep is screwing with me BUILD i - Not Overclocked ASUS P P D-E Pro Newest BIOS Revision Win Pro Legit AMD Radeon XFX Dual Fan GB Mushkin SSD Newest Firmware amp Problem happened on old Agility Gb x Gb G Skill RAM Passed Passes of MemTest Each Ultra w PSU Antec Case w Fans

A:[SOLVED] Hang/BSOD Resume from S3 Sleep

Hi Welcome to TSF

To start off I want to say is that your power supply is a poor one and under powered for your graphics card

Now to the BSOD when your computer comes out of the sleep mode so lets check few things

1) windows updates make sure ur all patched up and every service pack has been applied
2) Your Drivers, when was the last time you updated your motherboard drivers (chipset, audio, lan, wlan, usb)
Video card drivers as well
3) SSD firmware upgrade check that to see if there is a new one available
4) check your power settings

also i am going to need some files from you
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-hang-bsod-resume-from-s3-sleep-641413.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm getting BSOD x0000001E crashes whenever I resume from S3 standby. I have never successfully completed a sleep/standby cycle on this PC since I built it and I need my PC to sleep in order to get work done as time permits.

A:BSOD x0000001E on resume from S3 Standby/Sleep

It looks like your BSOD is being cause by your Marvell sata controller driver:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mvs91xx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mvs91xx.sys
Probably caused by : mvs91xx.sys ( mvs91xx+3b890 )

---------
Driver Reference Table - mvs91xx.sys

Looking at the time stamp on the driver it may be out of date, it is best to check too see if there is an update:

Code:
kd> lmvm mvs91xx
start end module name
fffff880`014e8000 fffff880`0157a000 mvs91xx T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: mvs91xx.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mvs91xx.sys
Image name: mvs91xx.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 09 04:50:58 2012 (5073E572)
CheckSum: 00050AB0
ImageSize: 00092000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
you can check here for updates: Marvell - Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282810-bsod-x0000001e-resume-s3-standby-sleep.html