Windows Support Forum

Asus P8H77-V BIOS - how to change CPU voltage?

Q: Asus P8H77-V BIOS - how to change CPU voltage?

Hi, I can't find the settings for the CPU voltage in my BIOS. I know it's a H board, but can I lower my CPU voltage? If so how?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Asus P8H77-V BIOS - how to change CPU voltage?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Asus P8H77-V BIOS - how to change CPU voltage?

The H77 chipset does not allow you to alter CPU voltages. That can only be done on a Z77 motherboard/chipset.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p8h77-v-bios-how-to-change-cpu-voltage.199096/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi, could someone tell me what the differences are between these two boards please? Also is the Gigabyte equivalent worth considering over either of these two? (What actually is the Gigabyte equivalent?).

Thanks

A:ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP vs Asus P8H77-V

They are both the same chipset, but from different manufacturers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-h77-pro4-mvp-vs-asus-p8h77-v.193081/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 memory - I overvolted from 1.8 to 1.9 volts thinking that it would make it more stable when I overclock them to 1066. Wrong. When I saved the change, my computer shut off, and when I turn it on, it gets no display or no POST. Can .1 volts really fry something?

Relevancy 79.12%

i had 4gb or ram but then i added another 4 to make 8gb or ram, but i am getting bsod. how do i change the voltage to match the ram?

A:bios voltage change

Are the RAM sticks the same make and model? Are they the same voltage. Mismatched RAM sticks will always cause BSOD's. It's very important to get matching memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/270871-bios-voltage-change.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I downloaded bit Windows around year ago and since then my ASUS x c is having problems One of the USB ports often malfunctions Certain keys sometimes do not work The notebook wont shut down whilst connected to the mains but is fine shutting down Or OS?) update? to Problems (BIOS ASUS change 32bit x54c otherwise The battery doesn't charge and the power can now only last for seconds when disconnected from the mains It seems I need to buy a new battery but I am stalling until I have fixed the problem with the shutdown I have formatted the notebook twice and since tried Windows bit so it is not faulty software but may well be a bit matter ADVICE GIVEN TO DATE I am told from a link on the ASUS x54c Problems shutting down (BIOS update? Or change to 32bit OS?) ASUS Support website that I should update my BIOS ASUS x54c Problems shutting down (BIOS update? Or change to 32bit OS?) to There are now newer versions available so I'm not sure whether their info is out of date or if is still the preferred choice for this issue I have been told my a techie working at the school where I teach that I should not update the BIOS as it is dangerous and could seriously damage my Laptop instead he says the problem is that I am running a bit OS when my system is made for bit He suggests that I go back to Windows bit Can you take a look at my specs and take a vote on which option is best to take Many thanks

A:ASUS x54c Problems shutting down (BIOS update? Or change to 32bit OS?)

It is true that I am running BIOS version 204 and not 207.

See message here from my quick search.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/344588-asus-x54c-problems-shutting-down-bios-update-change-32bit-os.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi!

I recently purchased a new PC with a ASUS P4800 SE mobo. Am having a problem however. Whenever I play any games after about 10 mis or so I get a warning that my 3.3V is too low (drops to about 2.9v). Once I exit the game (even alt-tab) the voltage goes back to normal. If I keep playing I get a corrupted display (lots of lines and gibbrish).

Any help on what this is - and why it is happening would be helpful.

For reference my specs are:

P4 3.0E Mhz
512 MB RAM
ASUS P4800 SE Motherboard
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB Videocard
Generic case with 350w PS.

Temps during idle are about 40 C for CPU and 35 C for Motherboard, rising to 55 C for CPU and 45 for motherboard during gaming.

Help please?

A:ASUS voltage problem?

Veer said:

Hi!

I recently purchased a new PC with a ASUS P4800 SE mobo. Am having a problem however. Whenever I play any games after about 10 mis or so I get a warning that my 3.3V is too low (drops to about 2.9v). Once I exit the game (even alt-tab) the voltage goes back to normal. If I keep playing I get a corrupted display (lots of lines and gibbrish).

Any help on what this is - and why it is happening would be helpful.

For reference my specs are:

P4 3.0E Mhz
512 MB RAM
ASUS P4800 SE Motherboard
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB Videocard
Generic case with 350w PS.

Temps during idle are about 40 C for CPU and 35 C for Motherboard, rising to 55 C for CPU and 45 for motherboard during gaming.

Help please?Click to expand...

most generic power supply's are over rated power than what they actly tell you with a sticker slapped to the outside of the case,Most run at 200 to 250 max,the vid card you are running needs lots of juice,If you are running the proper driver on this card and you still have the same problem replace your power supply with a good quality 350 watt.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-voltage-problem.20398/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have changed the FSB to 200 and overclocked my 2500+ Barton. It is running quite nice at 2.195 GHz with an idle temp of 40C, increasing an additional 5-7C with a load.

The voltage setting in the bios of my A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 is currently set at 1.65v. MBM5 and Asus Probe readings both show voltages fluctuating between 1.71v and 1.73v. Is this normal for the voltages to be that different from the bios setting?

Thanks, Al

A:Asus MB Voltage Reading Differences

Marjnal said:

I have changed the FSB to 200 and overclocked my 2500+ Barton. It is running quite nice at 2.195 GHz with an idle temp of 40C, increasing an additional 5-7C with a load.

The voltage setting in the bios of my A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 is currently set at 1.65v. MBM5 and Asus Probe readings both show voltages fluctuating between 1.71v and 1.73v. Is this normal for the voltages to be that different from the bios setting?

Thanks, Al Click to expand...
Yup thats normal on the pretty much the entire ASUS A7N8X series of motherboards. The actual voltages are closer to the voltages reported in the BIOS then what is reported by the monitors and it can flucuate as long as it isn't by very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mb-voltage-reading-differences.350253/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I have the ASUS DirectCU II Radeon R9 270X and after install the anniversary update of windows(clean install) I can't increase GPU Voltage only to reduce it from the default (1206 mV) value, I use ASUS GPU Tweak II, MSI Afterburner, trixx but it's the same. Before anniversary update I didn't have any problem.
Thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/asus-directcu-ii-r9-270x-no-gpu-voltage-increase-4600534/
Relevancy 59.77%

Could someone let me know if there is a way to turn up my voltage in my Asus M2N32 Deluxe? I'm wanting to go to Vista 64bit and want to install 8gb of memory with Vista 64bit but the voltage requirements for the 8gb memory are higher then what i'm set at now running XP Pro 32 bit 3gb memory..

thx, doc

A:Can i turn up the voltage on an Asus M2N32 Deluxe

Your BIOS will automatically detect the increased demand for voltage and adjust accordingly. Don't mess with RAM voltages yourself as you can mess your motherboard and RAM up, speaking from experience here.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/210440-can-i-turn-up-voltage-asus-m2n32-deluxe.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, I just recently got a new ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard along with my i5-3570K. I'll get right to the chase: The motherboard is showing some wacky readings in the temperature and voltage department. I installed ASUS AI Suite and every once in a while ill get a warning about some voltage reading like "Warning! X.XXV Vcore" and in software used to measure the temps they are really weird.

Here is a screenshot:

Notice the negitive readings in there... A little odd. How do I fix it?

Also I can assure you the system is very stable, I have run multiple benchmarks with no crashes.

Here is a speccy screenshot:

Thank you for all he help!

A:ASUS P8Z77-V LK Wacky Temperature and Voltage Readings

First thing I would do is try other monitoring software to see if they show the same results, try Asus PC Probe rather than the full AI suite. Wildly anomalous readings with no instability or problems would indicate to me that the monitoring software isn't reporting correctly or the sensors aren't outputting correctly, just a thought.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p8z77-v-lk-wacky-temperature-and-voltage-readings.1095050/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

I have a problem. In MSI Afterburner even when I enable the voltage control and restart I can't enter a voltage or use the slider. Does anyone know what my problem is? I am using the latest afterburner 1.5.1 and nvidia forceware 186.18.

A:Can't change GTX 260 voltage

Why are you changing the voltage anyway. Unless you're watercooling your card you definately shouldnt be doing that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-gtx-260-voltage.146026/
Relevancy 58.48%

I reinstalled vista home premium 32bit and just when i was finish i got this text

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected
Error. Windows Installation cannot proceed,. To install Window, click
“OK” to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

i red somwhere that it would fix to change the voltage to DDR and now i wonder how do i change it?

i have BIOS version V1.0B

A:How do i change the voltage to DDR

Should be an option in your BIOS to increase voltages. Don't go mad with increasing it though or you'll just blow the RAM. Just do a single increment at a time.

How many sticks of RAM/how much RAM do you have? You could try removing some sticks so you only have 2GB in.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/216243-how-do-i-change-voltage-ddr.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everybody,
i have just started over clocking and so far i have done my video card, and a bit of my cpu. however, i cant seem to get the fsb to 200 which i should. everytime i change it to 200 in the bios and i restart, the computer turns on, but the monitor turns off. i am assuming this is due the insufficent voltage. so my question to you is, how can i change the voltage if there is no setting in bios, and is there a program that supports amds that i can download to tweak the voltage. thanks.

A:How do i change the voltage of my cpu???

In the bios there should be a setting for cpu voltage, usually called "vcore" or "vcpu." Don't increase it too much, and watch your cpu temperatures.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-change-the-voltage-of-my-cpu.44375/
Relevancy 58.48%

I currently just got new ram from Crucial and I am not sure how to change the voltage setting on the ram. Here is what they said to me in the email:

"The replacement modules you will be receiving incorporate a new chip build,
which operates at a lower voltage than the modules you are returning. The
original Ballistix modules operated at 2.2 volts, while the newer build only
requires 2.0 volts. Please make sure this adjustment is made in your system BIOS
prior to using the new modules. The latency timings have not changed."

How do I change the settings to incorporate the new ram voltage needed?

Relevancy 58.48%

I reinstalled vista home premium 32bit and just when i was finish i got this text
The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected
Error. Windows Installation cannot proceed,. To install Window, click
?OK? to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

i red somwhere that it would fix to change the voltage to DDR and now i wonder how do i change it?
I have BIOS version V1.0B

A:How do i change voltage to the DDR?

There is no need to double post.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/216280-how-do-i-change-voltage-ddr.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Well I just got a new motherboard ram and cpu It is an Asus Crosshair with nforce sli chipset The ram is x gb ocz pc - running asus crosshair memory pc28500 and advice on ocz with motherboard cpu for Need voltage at mhz and volts and the cpu is an amd x running at and volts First of all are these temps and voltages appropriate i am really new to am Need advice for memory and cpu voltage on asus crosshair motherboard with ocz pc28500 and ddr but i havent fried it all yet Also what i find weird is that i am running windows vista ultimate bit and whenever i overclock so far in bios vista seems to adjust the settings to a certain point so everything remains semi-stable under xp if i overclocked overvoltaged too far i would get a bsod and instant reboot The reason i am running my ram at is because i got a system crash bsod due to quot memory management quot the ocz tech support team suggested i set the voltage on my ram to at least v Now this is E P P ram so in the bios i can set the option to optimal or high frequency for quot sli-ready memory quot which this ram is There is also an option for cpuoc a special sli ready memory asus nvidia thing i guess and i have it set to quot cpu-oc max quot hence the cpu voltage increase in bios my cpu heats up to around but like i said earlier when i get into vista it kind of gets more stable and settles down to around It is only at ghz if i set the option to cpu-oc max shouldnt it overclock even further i guess there is a ton of stuff i do not know about this board nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-for-memory-and-cpu-voltage-on-asus-crosshair-motherboard-with-ocz-pc28500.71589/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a Gigabyte AM2 motherboard (ga-ma69g-s3h)
I used to have an option to change the cpu voltage with my old dual core 5000+ cpu.
with this cpu, that BIOS option is gone!
furthermore, I can change the voltage through gigabytes windows utility (easytune 5), but then when I also try to change the multiplier in windows it doesn't change anything and the speed of the cpu remains the same.
I'm stuck at stock voltage and 3.3GHz overclock (which is not bad but since it can get to 3.7ghz I'm missing out).

A:Can't change voltage of 720 X3 Phenom II

You might need to update your BIOS.

Have you tried using the AMD Overdrive Utility?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-voltage-of-720-x3-phenom-ii.137112/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello!
My computer suddenly started to crash alot almost a week ago and now it crashes sometimes before windows starts loading. After almost a week of testing and reading my theory is that the power supply to the RAM memory has went crazy. However the problem is that the BIOS gives me no option to change RAM voltage (guess it's a warranty thing). So how should I fix this? Is it possible to reset these things or make the computer search the right vaues again?

Because what's strange with my "theory" is how the RAM voltage settings suddenly changed. Can it also be so that the hardware is destroyed? What should I replace then?

My motherboard is a Fujitsu Siemens MS-7450VP.

Thanks in advance!
/Albert

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, my computer (IDell Dimension 5150) was having problems booting, it would lag at the last bar of the BIOS loading screen. After a while, it wouldn't turn on, a flashing amber light which meant that there was a power source but wasn;t reaching it internally, and the suggestion from the manual was to check voltage. I reallly regret it now but I was in a hurry and i was playing around with the voltage switch and changed it from 230 to 115 and I heard a pop noise and now the Green LED light isn't on anymore and computer won't boot. I don't smell anything funny so I hope it's ok. I really need the computer so if you guys could help out, Thanks heaps.

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I m new to this forum and I m really down The good news -- I ordered a Gateway SX - last week and received it today in the mail I was really anxious to set the voltage Forgot setting to change computer up and see how Windows Forgot to change voltage setting is I followed the quick setup instructions that came with the computer step by step I plugged in the mouse keyboard monitor and internet connection I then followed the Forgot to change voltage setting instructions and plugged in the power cord The bad news -- As I did this there was a loud quot pop quot and the electrical breaker was switched off at the main power box My heart sank to my knees I knew the computer was quot dual voltage quot but did not know and was not instructed to change the voltage setting on the backside In hindsight because the instructions didn t indicate to be careful and be sure to move the voltage switch from to or visa versa I may have thought that it was auto-sensing auto-switching Anyway what a bummer BTW I m a contractor for the US government in Germany where we have voltage OK now my question -- I know something really bad happened I just don t know how bad Did only the transformer blow which is easy to replace or did more expensive items get fried What really got affected Is the computer a total loss Anyway I look forward to your response and thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I'm moving to England from America soon, and I'd like to take my computer with me. It's a Dell Inspiron One19, an all-in-one type PC. It doesn't have a voltage switch on the back. However, in the documentation for it on Dell's website, it says "voltage 100-240" (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/InsOne19/en/cs/index.htm#Power). Does that mean my computer will handle any voltage between 100 and 240 without needing it switched, and that it'll be fine as it is since England's voltage is 230? I've used my laptop in England before without any kind of switch, but I've heard that's only because power supplies for laptops do the switching automatically. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 57.19%

Does anyone know how I can change the latency and voltage settings on a Gigabyte motherboard?

I have a pair of TWINX XMS3200C2PT memory modules in dual channel on a Gigabyte GA-8IG1000 Pro-G motherboard and I want to find out how and where I can change the latency setting to 2-3-3-6 and the DDR voltage settings to 2.65. I've tried looking for it in CMOS/BIOS set-up and couldn't find it anywhere. I have this problem with my PC as it reboots durring encoding or playing games.

Your help and advice would be much appriciated.

A:How to change the latency and DDR voltage settings

in the bios screen mostly just press "ctrl - F1" but your manual/manufacturer's site 'll give you the exact details for your specific motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-latency-and-ddr-voltage-settings.18167/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi folks Got a Bios need to Voltage access Locked, bit of a RAM issue first the problem Bios Locked, need to access Voltage I bought an Acer M from PC world and have been chucking bits Bios Locked, need to access Voltage amp peices in it recently however when Bios Locked, need to access Voltage I came to upgrade the ram I added gb x GB OCZ - PC - the correct stuff but after doin this my PC refused to boot turn it on all the LED s come on but no BIOS beeps and no display Had a chat with a few folks and it was decided that possibly the voltage is not sufficient for the RAM so I had a look at the bios to change it and lo and behold it locked so i cant get at the voltage settings Any way i can get to those voltage settings oh and warrentee is not an issue PC Specs CPU-Z MoBo Manufacturer Acer Model RS HVF Chipset AMD G Rev S Bridge ATI SB LPCIO ITE IT BIOS Brand American Megatrends Inc Version R -B Date If there is any other info u need to help me let me know Cl ne nbsp

A:Bios Locked, need to access Voltage

Are you saying you canīt get into the bios because its now password protected?("locked")

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-locked-need-to-access-voltage.814878/
Relevancy 56.76%

I had a problem with my motherboard p8h67-m pro before 2 weeks. My pc started to shut down by its self. I sent it fo repair and they change my motherboard to p8h77-m. I have 8Gb memory and Gtx 550ti nividia video card. From the moment my pc arrived I have no sound . I make my google search but nothing works. When I put sound I see my toolbar sound to get green , and when I put the cable to rear green slot it starts recognition program from asus motherboard. But no sound. Is there is anything you can suggest me? thank you for your time

A:P8H77-M no sound

I suggest going to the Asus website and locate the audio driver for the new motherboard, download and install it. I would also check the Device Manager for any yellow flags on devices and download those as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p8h77-m-no-sound.187300/
Relevancy 55.47%

I need to change the multiplier in the voltage/frequency option in bios. But I can only change FSB, I dont know how to change multiplier. My board is MSI PT8 Neo LSR (Intel)Socket 478, (I really dont think it is necessary to mention all this). Reason I need to do this is that my Pc is heating up, I have to lower it.

Relevancy 55.47%

Ive had random freezes in windows 7 for a while now and have tried every possible fix Ive found on the internet. The freezes happened after I upgraded my cpu, gpu and ram. There is a suggestion to change the ram voltages and cpu voltages, I have changed the ram voltages in the bios but for changing the QPI/VTT Voltage I am not able to find an option. The available options are attached in a photo of the bios: View image: 10638025 10152247684780308 1463585580 n .

PLEASE help me fix this problem its really annoying having random freezes, the audio stutters and a hard boot is required. I have run memtest for 10 hours + with no errors and have swapped the ram for the old and new with freezes following.

CPU: intel i5
gpu: NVIDIA 750ti
ram: 2x4GB

PLEASE reply with any information you need to help fix the problem, thanks!

A:QPI/VTT Voltage - Can't find in bios (Random freezes) +Pictures

Tim mate have you checked out the PSU yet and temps as well see this for checking the PSU

Using HW Info PSU

Download HW Info and pick the right bit version - HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 -Download -(copy and paste thissite into the search bar) If you do not need the running information in thesmaller right hand panel close it. In the left hand window click on the + forthe individual device groupings and they will open out to the variouscomponents.

Go on opening out further until you get to the device itself. click on it andit will highlight. In the right hand window there will be a very detaileddescription of that device as in brand, speeds model number etc etc These arevery detailed and are just what is needed for searching for drivers etc.

See my pic for an example - in this I have shown my power but it is a laptopand a desktop will show more details if you scroll down that listing. You will come to a section which lists the rails and for a reference for them see this Power Supply 101: A Reference Of Specifications - Power Supplies Page 2 also gives a good idea of how the Power_Good signak works at pin 8 (grey cable 24 pin socket)
Another way to check the volts is this PSU - Test DC Output Voltage but please do not use an analogue meter as it injects volts - typically 9v into a circuit to test it and doing that to a 5v rail doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what would happen because all the rails have to be within +/- 5% of the stated value.

Run Speccy for the temps Speccy - Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343322-qpi-vtt-voltage-cant-find-bios-random-freezes-pictures.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So i updated my bios using bios and i restarted the computer like it instructed me to and it started this restart loop where it would bsod before windows could finish loading and i am unable to use my pc This issue has happened before and its because the bios update gets rid of all settings and sets eveyrthing to auto but the guy at IbuyPower told me it has to be set at a custom voltage and timing but i am unable to restore the backup i made of the settings as they are reported as not existing anymore I tried calling them but the tech on the phone actually argued with me about it apparently sounds like more of a os issue but i know for a fact its a bios issue so here i am I have a Gigabyte p a motherboard and sticks gb each of supertalent ram at mhz but i believe its a mislabel because my pc told me before the update that it is mhz the ram serial number is w ub vg and it is a pc- series and i set it to volts but it still wont work i also computer endlessly bios is after convinced i update, My it ram am restarts voltage? have an Intel core i k going at ghz So how do i fix this issue Bios My computer restarts endlessly after bios update, i am convinced it is ram voltage? does report after a few failed attempts that my issue is an overclocking voltage issue but i dont overclock nbsp

A:My computer restarts endlessly after bios update, i am convinced it is ram voltage?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-restarts-endlessly-after-bios-update-i-am-convinced-it-is-ram-voltage.1033248/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi again,

Just wanted to know if the two sorts of DDR3-1600 SDRAM RAMs (one is called low voltage memory) that are available on the market are compatible with my Portege R930 i7 Toshiba?

Thanks!!
Regards
/Anders

A:Portege R930: DDR3-1600 SDRAM Low voltage (1,35) or standard voltage 1,5

The detailed specs of compatible modules are:
+DDR3-1600 PC3-12800, 204p SODIMM, 1.5v+

As you see its standard voltage 1.5V

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73216-Portege-R930-DDR3-1600-SDRAM-Low-voltage-(1-35)-or-standard-voltage-1-5
Relevancy 50.74%

My laptop has no problem before. Recently I try to install Windows XP. First attempt fail, so I change SATA at BIOS from AHCI to Compatible, success. However the partition that I want to install*Windows XP to is not available.*

So just to test I choose my Windows 7 partition. Since it want to format the partition, I cancel the installation. After restarting windows, it stuck at bios. I restart again and change SAT to AHCI. Restart, still stuck at bios. This time I cannot enter BIOS, recovery or change boot media. Assuming the boot sector has corrupt, will reseating the cmos battery will fix this *problem. Please help. Thanks in advance.*

A:Windows 7 Stuck At BIOS Cannot Enter BIOS or Change Boot Media

Somehow with guidance from Lenovo Community, I solved the problem.

For future reference:
1. Take out HDD, battery, plug off ac power.
2. Restart, change SATA Controller in BIOS to compatible, restart.
3. Check whether the SATA Controller is Compatible or AHCI. If Compatible, force shutdown laptop.
4. Put back HDD, boot with Windows 7 Recovery CD or Installation Disc.
5. Choose Autostartup Repair.
6. Restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296679-windows-7-stuck-bios-cannot-enter-bios-change-boot-media.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Trying to set up a FP monitor, and in the process I tried changing the bios setting from onboard AGP (flat panel wasn't working with this, had to add another video adapter card) to PCI, thinking I could change it back if ineffective. But now my display on the monitor that WAS working is black, so I can't undo my mistake.

How to undo damage??
Thanks.

A:bios change, now can't view monitor to change back

If you remove the battery on the mothernoard
for a minute or two, the BIOS loses it's
current settings and goes back to the defaults
that will work on any system. You'll have to
let it auto-detect hard drives and everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-change-now-cant-view-monitor-to-change-back.41574/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,trying to change BIOS language using HP Bios Configuration Utility but get Error code 6 - Access Denied (failed due to BIOS permissions).BIOS version is THI vA0.08.I can read (get) successfully but cannot change any setting...tried to change other settings unsuccessfully.What am I missing? Do I need to set a password first?

A:Can't change bios language - HP BIOS Configuration Utility -...

I should have mentioned...language is currently Dutch and I would like to set it to English. I removed the * and placed in front of English...essentially following instructions in the manual so that is not the issue.thanks in advance for your help ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Can-t-change-bios-language-HP-BIOS-Configuration-Utility-HP/td-p/5728355
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello:

This is my first post here, so hi to everyone.
I just got an ASUS X401a Notebook and I want to use a flash drive to boot from Linux.
I need to change the sequence in the BIOS so that the flash drive is first choice to boot from.
I have no problem accessing the BIOS utility, but it allows me to alter only some settings. Those in blue colored font I can change those in black font I cannot. What drive to boot from first is in black and not adjustable.
I used command line to work as admin and I also set up a password for admin in the BIOS to access the BIOS utility, but still no go; some things are allowed to be changed some aren't.

Any help is appreciated.

A:BIOS: Can access BIOS utility, but cannot change settings.

Is it asking for a password or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250502-bios-can-access-bios-utility-but-cannot-change-settings.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I errantly switched the BIOS setting from Raid-AHCI to IEDI while attempting to allow my system to recognize a newly installed SSD nbsp The plan was to clone my HDD to the SSD as the boot Won't BIOS to from and No Boot Acc... RAID-AHCI IDE BIOS Change drive but it wasn't seen in windows nbsp Initially was able to see it in the BIOS settings nbsp Long story short I switched from Raid-AHCI to IEDI and have not been able to boot the PC BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... since nbsp On boot the pc turns on and the fans for the power supply and NVIDIA cards spin but there is nothing visual taking place on the monitor It's BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... as if the devices are getting power but the motherboard doesn't know they are there nbsp Tried clearing the CMOS unplugged took out CMOS battery held reset button and that didn't seem to make a difference nbsp There is supposed to be a recovery jumper on the MB E but the pins seem to be missing on my motherboard so that's not an option nbsp I'm pretty sure that BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... if I can get the MB back to Raid-AHCI mode it should respond for me again nbsp Unfortunately without access to the BIOS on boot I have no idea how to do that nbsp Any and all suggestions are welcome nbsp Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/BIOS-Change-from-RAID-AHCI-to-IDE-Won-t-Boot-and-No-BIOS/td-p/5566239
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all,

Due to the motherboard's PS2 socket (KB nd mouse) was broken, so I need to use the USB (KB and mouse) instead. It's ok for general operation. However when I want to change some setting in BIOS (MB), it just let me enter BIOS setup screen then I can't do anything (because the keyboard no response at all). I've try cool boot the computer many times then press the "del" key but it just me enter the BIOS and do nothing. Pls HELP and advise what to do.

Is there any program I can use to change the BIOS (MB) setting in windows. many thx.

The Motherboard I am using is Asus A7M266

Relevancy 47.3%

I have an Acer Aspire z laptop And I was just wondering if I can change my bios ID if this even exists or to change my bios string But I am not so sure on how to do this Because I have an Insyde bios unfortunetly And my bios is very limited in bios change on to string how to I id bios would like know or my settings which has no quot Power quot tab and no quot Advanced quot tab And I am very upset about this But I really want these Power and Advanced tabs to show up in my Insyde bios So please help I would like to know on how to change my bios string or bios id me out here I am asking you Because I was thinking of like I would like to know on how to change my bios string or bios id downloading another Insyde bios from like an Acer Aspire z model laptop or an HP laptop Insyde bios but I do not know I would like to know on how to change my bios string or bios id if that is possible So any kind of help will be greatly appreciated That is all I want from you So please get back to me as soon as you can on this I would really like my Insyde bios to have a Power and Advanced tab a lot And also just let me know if I can change my bios ID and or my bios string so I can upgrade to a different bios for Insyde I have a Insyde bios chip so any bios should work But it has to match with my Pentium dual-core processor I am assuming Which is what I have So please get back to me soon with answers Thank you very much

A:I would like to know on how to change my bios string or bios id

Please do not create multiple threads for the same issue.
Stick to your other thread:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-would-like-to-know-on-how-to-change-my-bios-string-689857.html

Thread closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-would-like-to-know-on-how-to-change-my-bios-string-or-bios-id-690685.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My SSD firmware updater needs to do it in DOS. To be recognized in DOS, my HD has to be interfaced temporary in IDE.

I went through all menus and submenus, but I didn't find way to do it in BIOS. Any clue?

A:Asus P5N-MX; how to change from SATA to IDE

[QUOTE=Saintor;1925869] To be recognized in DOS, my HD has to be interfaced temporary in IDE.
/QUOTE]

It does? I that hard to believe. Where did you get that information?

You can't update the firmware while the drive is running the OS. So you need to run the executable from outside the OS.

One way you can do this by booting from your W7 installation DVD and performing the operations to access the System Recovery Options and then choosing the option to open a DOS prompt (Command Prompt). Then you navigate to the EXE (on the USB stick, I assume) using DOS commands.

System Recovery Options
See if that works for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230105-asus-p5n-mx-how-change-sata-ide.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Seriously, Asus has got to have one of the most useless bioses know to man.

Now I'm interested in changing my FAST WRITE AGP speed and my AGP APERTURE speed so i can get the 7800gs 256mb video card running. I heard this bios setting has helped MOST users who are having trouble with this video card!

Now i know ASUS cannot enable fastwrite options or aperture (cuz i researched on google for like 5 hours). I was wondering if it's possible to maybe flash the bios and give it some new settings, using a program like NiBiToR to save the settings.

If anyone has ANY clue on how to fix the BIOS problem i have with AGP settings, i'm all ears .

THANKS!

EDIT: CTRL+F1 does not open hidden settings unfortunatley ...

Relevancy 46.44%

As I thought it may ASUS SSD S400CA to Change from HDD in laptop be useful to some one in my shoes I am posting below what I did Aim To change to SSD before switching over to Windows Research Selection of SSD Search was made for brand and size After lot Change from HDD to SSD in ASUS S400CA laptop of search in may sites regarding performance and comments by users I decided to go for Samsung Then I have decided to go for Evo than Pro as Evo has performance nearer to Pro and good value Then size is decided as GB as SSD at US and external WD passport ultra TB at US had more working and backup space than Evo GB at US Method of change to SSD Whether first migrate data to SSD or Change over to SSD and then migrate data or change over to SSD Change from HDD to SSD in ASUS S400CA laptop and install new windows As original installation was windows and then it was upgraded to windows Change from HDD to SSD in ASUS S400CA laptop factory reset leads to windows only Further months use laptop with various software install and uninstall I thought it is better to go for new installation of windows after putting SSD After browsing I found that this is possible as key for windows is stored in UEFI BIOS However in case any problem crops up I wanted to go for old installation Hence after lot of research decided to for free Macrium reflect to do backup image and rescue USB Stick Then made image and rescue disk Then I downloaded windows ISO using Create installation media for Windows I mounted ISO and copied files to fat formatted USB stick of GB Process of installing SSD and new windows Here I followed You tube video given below https www youtube com watch v auVVVgvbjc After installation of SSD I booted from USB and installed windows without any problem with my Microsoft account Use of image After installation I found that I should have made back up personal xlsb file and also windows wallpaper background folder Here Macrium image came useful Once Macrium reflect is installed image can be browsed and file or folder can be copied With this facility I have recovered my Personal xlsb and background folder

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/68859-change-hdd-ssd-asus-s400ca-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello
Basically, had problems with the kernel nvidia graphic error which makes my PC go crazy. After checking some (possibly) solutions, there were some recommendations that I need to update my BIOS. The problem is that I have ASUSTeK M2V-MX SE motherboard, and there are no Windows 7 BIOS updates, nor updaters... Please help?
Thanks in advance.

A:ASUS M2V-MX SE bios update

ASUSTeK M2V-MX SE motherboard, BIOS download from here:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS M2V-MX SE

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/137462-asus-m2v-mx-se-bios-update.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Dividebyzero found (hell, maybe he wrote it) a story at swedclockers.com stating that Asus is making some of their high end 890 motherboards Bulldozer compatible with a bios flash. So I looked up bios revisions for my Formula IV Crosshair, and there she is. You have to hand it to AMD on this one. Unless the Bulldozer is a flop, this is very consumer friendly.

Here is the story DBZ posted:
http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/13...t-far-stod-for-bulldozer-med-bios-uppdatering

Here is the bios revision from Asus:

A:Asus AM3-AM3+ BIOS upgrade

Here G is an English version: http://www.bjorn3d.com/news/ASUS_pl..._for_current_and_future_motherboards/227.html

* I was over at AndanTech and there are still those contesting that there is no way BD will work in AM3 boards. I'm just passing this along.

* Sigh *

By the way, G, will you be doing any benching yourself or do you know if Z will?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-am3-am3-bios-upgrade.162591/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to update the BIOS on my ASUS M5A78L-M USB3 Motherboard.

I downloaded the latest updater program from the ASUS website for my motherboard.

When I run the updater, I have to choose an OS. I choose Win8 64bit.

A pop-up informs me that the program will not run on my system & to contact the OS manufacturer!!

How & where do I contact Microsoft about this?

I have tried everything but the onboard BIOS updater will not recognize a USB port with new BIOS as instructed.

It will not recognize the CD/DVD drive either. It recognizes other drives but cannot use there drives for updating the BIOS!

That Old Guy,
TULLY

A:Asus bios update

hi, 2 things ,to be 100% sure on that you have win8 64 bit installed on the computer and you download win8 64bit update program and bios update from asus . to me it seems the issue would be with Asus ,if there program doesn't see you usb od dvd drives
ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

Microsoft Support

i just noticed you no in the usa ,so this site might not be what you need ,so google microsoft tech support

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16392-asus-bios-update.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have spent the last three hours trying to update my bios from the asus website and it has been hell. I am using an asus m3a78-cm motherboard with a phenom11x4 940 cpu, 8g of ddr2 ram and the operating system is windows 7 64bit-now the problem I am having is high temp cpu and slow donloads which have happened recently. I checked the bios and I am running version 1603 and there are many updates,about 10, up to version 2801-the problem is the downloads have to go through global dlm or china, and when I try to download to a usb stick to flash ez bios nothing is being downloaded- I mean the downloads start but then they do not complete or there is nothing downloaded-please help

Relevancy 46.44%

Ok I've had some serious issues with running itunes & my iphone, syncing, writing errors etc.

The guys on the apple forum said to try and update my bios.

So I went to asus' website, found the drivers etc under my particular mobo.

Now I was given two .zip files, I've attached them because once I open the rar/zip files I dont know what to use to then run them with so I can update the mobo?

The first one is listed on their website under the category:

BIO S (5) [BIOS HISTORY]

and the other is listed under

BIOS-UTLITIES

I assume I should install both of these since they both deal with the bios?

A:Help with updating Asus Bios

It's been a while since I used Asus products, but as I recall the file beginning with AFUD is a utility used to update the BIOS.

The other would be the BIOS file itself.

You can open both of those zip files with 7-zip, Winzip, or any similar program.

You should look around on the Asus site for instructions on flashing and for the AFUD file specifically.

The BIOS can often be upgraded in several ways--within Windows, outside of Windows, etc.

General advise: BIOS updating is not to be taken lightly. If you have a failure, you will not boot, and will probably have to replace a chip on your motherboard or buy a new board.

So, I wouldn't do it unless you had very good reason to believe it will solve your problems--look around on the Asus site to see if that is true.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/52095-help-updating-asus-bios.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i have a refurbed a7n8x mobo, and it boots up ok, but runs a 2500+ athlon at only 1100mhz. it should support 400/333/266/200 fsb, but i can only get it up to 200, 233 if i act like im overclocking. is it a bad bios?

Relevancy 46.44%

Just a neewb and needing help updating my BIOS. I get this error message in fsx about my NVIDIA GPU and someone said only way he solved it was by updating the BIOS driver!

I wen't on the ASUS site but not sure what one download to my USB, so i can do that easy flash ASUS provides.

Thanks so much

Overclocked Intel? Core?i7-4770k Quad Core (3.50GHz @ max
ASUS? Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

A:Updating BIOS asus Z87-A

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347237-updating-bios-asus-z87.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I just put together my computer yesterday and for some reason whenever I boot up, I get a message in the POST screen saying that there are no IDE drives attached to my Fastrack controller, and that my BIOS is not installed. I can still run XP, but the flash utility doesn't work when I try to use it. I have a P4C800E-Deluxe motherboard from Asus and running Pentium 4, 3.2ghz cpu. Thank you in advance.

A:Asus BIOS problem

The Fastrack issue is not a problem. Your motherboard has multiple IDE and SATA controllers. These have their own BIOS and thats what you are seeing. Its saying that you have no drives connected to this particular IDE controller which is most likely true. You may be able to disable the Fastrack COntroller altogether if you really want to in the BIOS or on the motherbaord with a jumper, or maybe not you'll need to refer to the motherboard manual.

As for the Flash Utility, what happens with it? Have you tried instaling the latest one from the ASUS website?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-bios-problem.325006/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I need help obviosuly My problem lies with my MoBo or OS not sure The problems started when I tried to install Gb Sticks of RAM to make it Gb Sticks a total of GB The RAM is all G Skill DDR and I was running Gb of this RAM for a ASUS A8R-MVP Please tweaks??????? Bios Help! long time w o any problems I do know that the MoBo is rated for DDR but I was told that this RAM is backwards compatible and therefore thats why it works When ASUS A8R-MVP Bios tweaks??????? Please Help! I first booted up after the install of the additional sticks the computer would not allow me to login at the login screen where you type in the admin password it would log-in and immediately log out again and that was the end of that I tried several suggestions from other techies on these forums to no avail I ended up formatting and re-loading the OS onto the same partion of HD Now I m back up and running smoothly except for instability AKA blue screen reboots randomly I associate this with RAM BIOS settings My MoBo is an ASUS A R-MVP with the latest drivers This Mobo based on reviews sucks in general I only wish I knew prior to buying Anyways running dual GPUs and I m a pro gamer so I want all GB of RAM working properly and they are causing system instability and I cannot tweak anything in the overclocking dept until I get this resolved It registers Gb under hardware profile and in BIOS when all four slots are populated Someone from another area of these forums suggested it might be an OS related issue I m running XP pro SP and it is up to date drivers ect as far as I know The rest of my computer specs should be in my profile If anyone knows this BIOS can they suggest settings for me as far as voltages to keep things at and other settings This BIOS seems to be quite tweakable and is marketed towards overclockers even though all the reviews say otherwise so please help me diagnose sole my issue I cannot afford to have my computer running all unstable when gaming ect Thanks in advance Please ask any further question you might need Sorry for allthe tangents and random info My minds running on overdrive trying to multi-task monkey nbsp

A:ASUS A8R-MVP Bios tweaks??????? Please Help!

some motherboards only support up to 3gb of ram, despite having 4 slots

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8r-mvp-bios-tweaks-please-help.66345/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I ? Unerclocking A8V via Bios ASUS have a new PC at home Unerclocking via ASUS A8V Bios ? so i have turned my previous PC into a NAS Server using quot Naslite quot software which is all good However as the basic specs for a naslite box is pc or above and my unit is bit AMD on a Asus A V MB i am really having too much power speed the problem i have is that i want to run server at home but currently the CPU etc is too noisy with fan cooling running as the processor is warming up even without load What i wanted to do if possible is to Underclock the CPU and or MB if needed and therefore slow the cpu down and hopefully slow the fan etc and noise down I can only of course use the MB bios to achieve this as there is no OS running as such on unit so cool n quiet etc isnt an option The Asus bios has all the included settings for clocking and has manual settings for FSB Voltages Mutlipliers but to be honest i am unsure which settings to maybe change or lower to try slow the CPU and hopefully cool quiet the tower down Really hope someone can help nbsp

A:Unerclocking via ASUS A8V Bios ?

Why not consider a fanless MB HS? In combination with a quiet P/S, and perhaps a slower running 120mm case fan, it should be very quiet. Of course, you can also just stick the machine in another room since it's networked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unerclocking-via-asus-a8v-bios.521756/
Relevancy 46.44%

One of the reasons that I have not flashed the bios is because, no matter how many times I read it, their instructions never seem clear to me. I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I want to be confident that I know what I'm doing. The confusion is on some fairly minor points...They go into detail about creating a floppy and placing the afudos.exe, which is the bios utility, on the floppy, but they never say that the same should be done for the bios itself. Therefore, I don't know whether to put both on the same floppy, or on separate floppies. The instructions also speak of using EZflash, lower on the page, put it isn't clear if this is part of afudos or something else. Here is their instructions, if someone will decipher it for me:

http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?root=198&SLanguage=en-us

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I have a asus p4b533-e and i want to update the bios for it

but i dont know how. :dead: I read the manual and do know how to use the ez update thing but dont kno how to save current bios. I just got the board and finished putting it together this week. I also tried the floppy disk with dos technique but it doesnt work, i am probably doing it wrong. need help, can some one tell me the the exact procedure for updating my p4b533-e bios with dos. thanks

A:Asus BIOS update?

Related thread:
CPUs, Chipsets and Mobos > Updating the Bios
http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2201&highlight=bios

Originally posted by dank7737
I would like to update the bios (asus p4s533) but im having problems iwth the autoupdate function. Where can i get an update for the bios?Click to expand...

Perhaps Asus hasn't revised this Bios yet. With a rig this new, I really don't see the need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-bios-update.2252/
Relevancy 46.44%

hi,

i'm trying to figure which bios i should be using from the asus website. the laptop is asus k52n running windows10 x64 pro. the current bios reads v2.13, dated 08/21/2010.

the asus website has nothing listed for windows 10. there is a choice between "windows 7 32/64" and "others". the listing for windows 7 x64 is described as v2.30.3 which would seem to be a newer version, however it is dated as 07/14/2010 which is older than my current version. the "others" listing is described as v3.12 and dated 11/24/2010, which is definitely more recent than my current version.

i'd appreciate some advice on which to choose. i've been having some bs(od) issues for some time and i'd like to see if a bios change would help. here's a link to the asus driver webpage:

K52N | Notebooks | ASUS Global

thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67113-need-help-bios-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

I have a CM6730 Asus PC with a P8H61-M PRO/CM6630 motherboard.

I was having problems getting good Graphics performance and the topic of Integrated vs discrete GPU came up,
the options in the BIOS were set to use iGPU, since then I do not get the option on boot to
enter the BIOS.

I have tried ASUS but they want me to send the unit in for repair.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

My rig has W8.1 fully updated.

Cheers

Daniel

A:Cannot enter BIOS Asus PC

I don't know if this also applies to your motherboard: How to Use USB BIOS Flashback - ASUS

If it doesn't apply there may still be a way to reflash the BIOS with the right key combo on start up but it sounds like your BIOS is glitched and may even be a chip problem. Might have to go back to them.

Also assume you've seen this, F12 is supposed to work: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61M_PRO/

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/45981-cannot-enter-bios-asus-pc.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've pressed the Ctrl+Alt+B as the on-screen message instructs; but, that doesn't take me into anything like what is shown in the manual as the BIOS setup selection screens.

It is a single screen with no other screens available and the menu items are:
Boot Method:
Default Boot:
Local Boot:
Config Message: Message Timeout:
Boot Failure Prompt:
There are no other choices and no way to get out of this screen except exit the session.

Pressing DEL doesn't work either. How do I get into the BIOS setup?

Relevancy 46.44%

Alright you re catching me nd hand here I have a friend with an ASUS K N who messed up his BIOS when he was trying to update it Most likely he had a failure in the middle of the BIOS flash so the BIOS never fully installed His primary method of flashing the BIOS has been through the CD-ROM drive with an I believe it s a rar file but let me double check on that He s tried Problem Bios K8N ASUS disconnecting the power hard drive etc with no luck I instructed him to ASUS K8N Bios Problem try flashing it again off of a floppy but I need some help troubleshooting with him What is the POST sequence for this board What are the ouputs beeps lights etc that I can look at to diagnose Can someone give me a step-by-step instructional on what file to put onto floppy and how to flash it from the floppy drive ASUS K8N Bios Problem Should be pretty standard but I want to make sure there s no curve balls Does anyone know what series of jumpers I can use to clear the BIOS so it s ready for a fresh install And are there any jumper settings you d recommend for troubleshooting this board Thanks guys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k8n-bios-problem.586822/
Relevancy 46.44%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - update? Asus bios MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc G Sx Antivirus Kaspersky Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled I have an Asus G sx This machine was marketed as a Asus bios update? gamers unit I do not have a numlock key as it is a calculator key The numpad keys do not have arrow keys so you can control a car plane FSX boat etc I have tried re-mapping the keyboard without success Asus does not have a bios update for this unit Any suggestions I bought this unit to specifically play FSX All other aspects of this machine is good Please assist Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-bios-update.1068349/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, My ASUS X-205 has no USB option in 'Boot option' in BIOS. Any suggestion to re-install windows as no optical drive in this laptop. Regards

A:No USB option in BIOS : ASUS X-205

Hi sahoo56 and welcome to sevenforums,

You might need to enable CSM and disable Secure boot.

In some BIOS's there is an boot override option, have you seen something like that?

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/387769-no-usb-option-bios-asus-x-205-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an Asus Vento desktop.
I'm getting nothing on the monitor but three long beeps, pause and three long and a short beep (repeated).
I've removed and replaced the DRAM but the beeps persist.
Any help folks.

A:Help with Asus BIOS beeps

Beep Codes depend on which Company BIOS is being used
click here for del that would be motherboard failure for IBM keyboard not detected
href

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/help-asus-bios-beeps-4602646/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all sorry if this is in the wrong place couldn t see a hardware section I tried updating the BIOS on an old computer with an asus m n mx se plus mob and it failed so when I came to restarting the computer it wouldn t load and comes up with a bad bios checksum checking floppy not found checking cd not found I have downloaded the latest bios file from asus and tried all sorts there are actually no instructions on their site on how to reload the bios onto the mob I am not sure if this is even possible I am not great with the aspect of computing Anyway so far I have tried changing the file name to M PLUSSE ROM mx on BIOS asus se problem plus m2n which is what the mob asks for when loading up with a BIOS problem on asus m2n mx se plus cd in says reading M PLUSSE ROM can t find M PLUSSE ROM I have put this on a CD on its own with the BIOS problem on asus m2n mx se plus items in the zip file that are downloaded one is a flash exe file and the other a text file have created an ISO and burned this to CD and still no luck ONE point to note is that I am doing all the work on a macbook pro as this is all I have I have used the disk utility on mac to burn the CDs I have bought parts to build a new PC as this is quite outdated but I would really like to get it up and running so I can save some of the stuff on the hard drive before I have to wipe it for a clean install of windows Thanks for any help nbsp

A:BIOS problem on asus m2n mx se plus

First things first, why do you feel that the BIOS needs to be upgraded?

If it ain't broke do not fix it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problem-on-asus-m2n-mx-se-plus.1168233/
Relevancy 46.44%

New Bios 0610 at Asus download. Thought someone might be interested.

A:New Asus P6T Deluxe V2 BIOS available

Quote: Originally Posted by HammerHead

New Bios 0610 at Asus download. Thought someone might be interested.

what does it do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/24345-new-asus-p6t-deluxe-v2-bios-available.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have the original bios version that shipped with the motherboard and I'm going to try to update it to v. 1805. I just wanted to see if anyone with more experience with this would mind giving me detailed instructions on how to. I have general ideas on how to do it but I wouldn't mind having an step by step list : ).

A:Asus A8N-SLI bios update

while not a hard process... it can be dangerous to flash you BIOS version and you run the risk of turning your computer into a nice paperweight.

first off... what is the biggest reason you are looking to update your BIOS version? any problems can probably be solved by other means unless you have proof that you need to flash the cmos. the safest way to flash to a new BIOS version is to use a utility such as awdflash.exe (Award Flash) in command prompt before the computer boots windows. there are ways to flash the BIOS within windows, but it's typically more reliable to perform the operation in command prompt.

for the actual process... you will need the BIOS file (usually a .bin file), and flash utility like awdflash, and a bootable CDROM, USB drive or floppy disk if you have that. i like using FLASHCD to make bootable disks in which both the BIOS file(s) and tools are copied to. basically, you boot from the CDROM and run the flash utility from the prompt. from there you should just need to input the file you want to flash to the CMOS (and if you are using a flash drive or floppy you can make a backup of the original just in case). if all goes well after the file is flashed, remove the media and restart the computer. done.

you should be able to find a more in-depth guide by searching around for A8N-specific stuff... if you need it. good luck...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-bios-update.141793/
Relevancy 46.44%

Here's my problem. I just bought a 250 Gig. Western Digital. I went to partition it and now I can only get (127 gig) out of it... Not good. I have a ATA Controller Card Installed. But I think I read somewhere that you may have to update your bios to get it to read anything over 127 gig. If anyone knows anything that could help me please either post or e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank you

BTW: If if you do have ot update your bios.. please keep in mind that my floppy isn't working so if there's anyway to do it through cdr or anything else please let me know

Relevancy 46.01%

When I access my UEFI during startup the Boot Priority section is either empty or shows unrelated drives attached I can select the drive from which to boot by clicking on the Boot Menu then clicking on the drive desired I UEFI Z77-V How Order Boot ASUS P8 to change? purchased a new Intel SSD and installed it as the quot C quot and quot D quot drives and was happily booting from that SSD until I added new HDDs to my system I now have four HDDs plus the SSD One of those HDDs still contains the original Root C bootup and Windows system on it I frequently now find the system reason unknown may choose to boot from the HDD rather than the SSD I cannot find the method for directing the UEFI bootup menu priority steps my goal is to have the computer boot from the SSD which if it were to fail then would secondarily boot from the HDD Boot Order UEFI ASUS P8 Z77-V How to change? original Root C The computer arbitrarily changes the SSD from drive designation quot C quot to quot J quot and the HDD to quot C quot how to specify the SSD as the quot C quot unless it fails or is removed the computer system info Thank you in advance DLGMEX

A:Boot Order UEFI ASUS P8 Z77-V How to change?

Enter your BIOS and set your SSD as Boot Option # 1 as shown:

Or set your optical drive as boot #1 and set your ssd as boot #2.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28998-boot-order-uefi-asus-p8-z77-v-how-change.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a problem with the bios on the asus m5a99x evo r2.0 motherboard. I can start the computer up fine and do everthing on it but when I go into the bios I get this on my screen (picture attached). I am on windows 8.1 pro 64 bit and have the fx8350 cpu. I'm not sure why it's doing this? Any solutions of fixing this ? Thanks for your time!

Relevancy 46.01%

In my motherboard's BIOS settings, there are three USB settings that can be changed.

1.) USB Legacy Support
2.) USB 3.0 Legacy Support
3.) EHCI Hand-off

I'm at Win7 x64, do I need to disable them all?

Would keeping the USB/USB 3.0 Legacy Support enabled still use the driver installed in Win7 or will it override and use the built-in USB drivers in the motherboard?

How about EHCI Hand-off?

A:ASUS P8Z68-V BIOS Settings

No, do not turn them off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/191672-asus-p8z68-v-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Started up comp today amp all the bios settings have been settings Asus bios A7V880 lost reconfigured the settings manually saved amp rebooted the pc reset and there was no display The only way to get a display is to turn off Asus A7V880 bios settings amp on not reset All I can do is enter edit the bios The errors displayed before the pc goes to the bios are cmos settings wrong and time date not set I can reset the time date set everything to auto save exit amp the pc still wont start it has to be turned off amp on again before there is any display After doing this I get the error overclocking or memory initial failed please reconfigure your system Press f to run setup or f to load defaults Either way it takes me back into the bios and looses all my previous settings I have tried a new bios battery On startup my cpu is being seen as a ghz athlon and the only logical reason I can think of for this happening is that my ram processor speeds are being set incorrectly both by the auto selections in the bios amp me My processor is an Athlon xp Barton amp I have x sticks of pc ram Any help with this problem would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all,

I couldn't get the bios on this board (a7v133) to recognize the fujitsu 20.4gb hard drive. I hooked the hd cable to the ata100 connector instead of the other connector for ata66-. Even though the hd didn't showed up in the bios, I can installed win98. But my friend wants win2000, so I am trying to install win2000 but it complaint that there is no hard drive present. Any idea how to get the bios to detect the hd? The bios on the board had version 1005A. I will be updating to version 1006 to see if this is the problem. Thanks for any help.

A:asus a7v133 and fujitsu 20.4gb hd - bios

your probably going to have to install the ata 100
drivers from dos prompt first to get it to work.

A little more, sorry was eating, hard to type one handed

If it is onboard controller there should be drivers on the motherboard cd or at the manufacturers site.

If it's a promise card you can get the drivers at www.promise.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a7v133-and-fujitsu-20-4gb-hd-bios.51961/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a HP Brio D6920E which has an Asus P2898-XV motherboard. Which is a stripped down P2B-F. Is there any way that I could put a P2B-F BIOS on the system instead of the aweful HP one?

Thanks for your help
mrbrownstone

Relevancy 46.01%

Greetings,

I'm looking for a BIOs update for the P5Q Deluxe Motherboard. I've gone to their site to get some updates, but it's rather confusing to someone like me who isn't very tech with this - considering I've never updated BIOs myself before.
I hope someone can help me out! I'm running on W7 Home Premium 64-bit.

All I've managed to find are these: Asus P5Q Deluxe Motherboard BIOS Update 2301 Download
But they're quite old, so I'm not sure if these are the most recent?

Thanks in advance

A:Asus P5Q Deluxe Motherboard BIOS

I would check the asus website... And honestly unless if you hare having direct issues related to the motherboard I do not suggest updating your bios since you are not very tech savy...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/122779-asus-p5q-deluxe-motherboard-bios.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So I cant even get a button prompt as it goes quickly to a blue box asking for a password, I thought the HDD may of been locked but I took it out and I still get the password prompt.

I tried pressing f2, esc , ect to see if I could get into the boot menu to load hirens but I cant even do that.

If I remove the cmos battery will that reset it?

A:asus f55a bios locked

Yes, you can reset it by removing the battery but there could be other ways to do it, pins on MB "CLR_CMOS" or a button. Whatever you do, make sure computer is unplugged.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/62055-asus-f55a-bios-locked.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Need to install 4-1 driver for chipset. Tried to install ver 437 had no luck with it. It looks like when the hardware wizard tries to install the driver for "Via VT83C572/VT82C586 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller" it can not find it because it asks for Win 98 CD. Has anyone run in to this problem? Tried to get support from place that i bought this M/B from but they are baffled. They wanted me to upgrade my Bios but i said that will be my last option.

Running Win 98 ver 4.10.1998
Celeron 1 ghz
video card- NVDIA RIVA TNT2 MODEL 64/MODEL 64 PRO

A:Asus CUV4X-E BIOS VER 1003

your question is a bit vague

when installing a new driver it is often the case that you need the original windows 95 or 98 or 98se or millenium disk to fully install the driver
if it asks for the windows disc just insert in cd rom

you might have to point in the right direction but just use the browse radio button to guide it towards your cd drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-cuv4x-e-bios-ver-1003.67226/
Relevancy 46.01%

My motherboard is a ASUS P5LD2 and I am using a EM64T Intel Chip...the bios no longer gives me the option for HYPERTHEADING. I've updated it three times now and still NADA! It use to be there so what's the deal. I'm stumped. Can any one help?

A:Asus P5ld2 Bios Question?????

Perhaps HT is enabled by default now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5ld2-bios-question.58234/
Relevancy 46.01%

I just updated my asus m n -sli bios and now my system will not boot It gets hung up on the bios boot ups screen where it shows the Asus Please bios problem... m2n4-sli help Asus logo even though it says hit Del to enter the bios i can not get in If i hold del down after starting I get a quot Enteering Setup quot but it goes no further than that I have even tried reseting the CMOS via changing the jumper and removing the battery but it does not change anything I just got a nd graphics card identical to the first and enabled SLI mode Once I did that my computer would restart itself after a few minutes When i disabled sli mode computer ran fine I swapped out the video cards and got the same results I read that updating the bios could help fix this problem It s not a heat issue I have monitored the temp up until the computer would reboot itself Any help on either one of these issues would be greatly appreciated Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Asus m2n4-sli bios problem... Please help

did u backup the BIOS and have u got it in a place u can reinstall it. updating a BIOS is always a risk and if it goes wrong can ruin a MoBo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n4-sli-bios-problem-please-help.93343/
Relevancy 46.01%

SO with 1gig Corsair PC3700 DDR Memory in the Asus a7n8x deluxe Mobo, Athlon XP 2400 CPU, with a great thermalright 800 heatsink- I currently have:
CPU Ext Freq: 166Mhz
CPU Freq Multiplier: 13x
Memory Freq: 100%
CPU Interface: Optimal
Resulting Freq: 166Mhz
CPU VCore: 1.750V
this produces 36C/96F temp..
I am new to BIOS/overclocking but I heard that I can take advantage the awesome 1gig memory that I have. Could anyone help me tweak my system.

A:Asus a7n8x BIOS settings PLEASE!!

Take a look at this thread before doing anything else.

Explaining step-by-step how to overclock would easily take a few hours to type without even going extremely indepth of the subject.

Luckily for you, there are hundreds of overclocking resources available for you to read on the web. Do a search from google, or even take a look at TechSpot's own overclocking guide.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-bios-settings-please.9727/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a ASUS K V mobo with bios problems I ve tried to update it but whenever I start the process it tells problem bios mobo Asus me that the board is NOT an ASUS board I know it is because Asus mobo bios problem I bought it new from CompUSA and installed Asus mobo bios problem it myself The update then fails Right now it s causing problems with sound I ve tried to install the drivers for the sound controller but each time I get a message that tells me quot Access is Denied quot This even happens when I boot into windows quot safe quot mode as administrator Using the flash utility upon startup is no help either The utility just says the file I m trying to update the bios with is not the correct file size and fails I ve tried removing the battery for as long as minutes trying to reset the memory but to no avail It still doesn t work I m running WinXP Pro with a AMD Athlon processor G memory Asus is no help at all I ll never buy another ASUS board as this one is a replacement for the first one I had and now it s failing Can someone help me solve this nbsp

A:Asus mobo bios problem

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I seem to remember some Asus mobo`s were faked, although I can`t remember when this was or what models were affected. whether this is the source of your problem I don`t know.

Run the free Everest programme from HERE and see what details it gives you for your mobo. Then, check the results with the Asus site.

The only other thing I can suggest is you RMA the board.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-bios-problem.53209/
Relevancy 46.01%

I finally got my intel i5 4670k and asus z87-a board installed. The current bios is at 1007 and the latest is 1405 should I just run like it is or, would it be of benefit to update? I've done it quite a few times on my other boards with no problems but, I wanted to get some more educated input. Thanks!

A:Bios on asus z87-A update question

I normally would say if it's running OK to leave the BIOS alone. In Haswell's case, it is still having growing pains so an update is recommended. I have used the BIOS Flashback feature to do it. Check your manual for instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/307046-bios-asus-z87-update-question.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an ASUS P5E mobo. When I set it all up, I flashed the bios from 0203 to 0502 and a few programs that came with the board ceased to function anymore. The AI suite in particular and also Smart Doctor. I was planning to use AI to O/C but one thing that 0502 had that 0203 didn't was all the increments for uping all the params. Does anybody know if 0501 has those settings, and if AI and SD work in this bios version or should I just go back to 0203.

Thanks
Robert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-bios-update-problem-help.671626/
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently updated my mobo's bios and with the update I now see this "press F4 to use ACC". I have an AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE CPU. Is there any benefit to using this new function that ASUS is offering with my quad core.

A:Asus mobo bios update

It looks like ACC is a utility for unlocking AMD CPU hidden cores for 'overclocking'.

So if you are into that kind of thing it may be a useful tool.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...re-unlocking/1

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188609-asus-mobo-bios-update.html
Relevancy 46.01%

has anyone with the Asus A8N SLI deluxe updated their bios to the latest version (last i checked it was v1.015)? is it any good?

A:Asus A8N SLI Deluxe Bios Updates

Hello pkroks.

I can`t answer you question, but would like to offer you some advice.

If you system is running ok, I don`t advise you to update your bios.

The updating of a bios should not be done, unless there is a very good reason to do so.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-deluxe-bios-updates.38578/
Relevancy 46.01%

hello Can anyone help I just bought a WD SATA gb HDD and am trying to install it as an extra storage space - not a boot disk the problem is that my mobo ASUS K V SE Deluxe has two raid controllers One is a VIA that i have two HDD s plugged in and not set up as raid - the boot disk maxtor is attatched to the primary and the other storage is connected to the secondary and everything works fine the second Raid controller is the promise fAST TRACK controller and this is the one that i am trying to attatch the new gb HDD I have updated VIA drivers mobo bios fastrack driver fine in system But Windows does not trecognise the drive If i put the promise controller as an ide connected device in bios i can set the boot order and use my normal drive VIA primary contoller - maxtor which works fine but windows ASUS is HDD recognised but and on bios. not RAID please help Win XP, in doesn t recognise the new WD drive plugged into the promise controller But if i set the promise controller to RAID in the bios and use the little prog to arrange the array so it is recognised the boot order changes and i cant access windows The bios recognises that there RAID and ASUS HDD not recognised in Win XP, but is on bios. please help is a drive attatched to the promise fastrack controller and attempts to boot from that - but when i go into bios and attempt to change it back to the maxtor VIA controller there is no option to boot from the VIA RAID and ASUS HDD not recognised in Win XP, but is on bios. please help Raid Controller - only the promise This is doing my head in Has anyone any ideas as to why this is happening or any reccomendations on how to install this new drive Thanks for any help Arggghhh nbsp

A:RAID and ASUS HDD not recognised in Win XP, but is on bios. please help

Boot up windows and go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management and find the Disk management tab on the lower left. Click it and the HDD should be there. The reason it hasn't been recognised by windows is that it hasn't been formatted. Use this tab to format the drive (might take awhile).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-and-asus-hdd-not-recognised-in-win-xp-but-is-on-bios-please-help.57293/
Relevancy 46.01%

I was poking round the bios earlier and I came across two entries
in Advanced -> Chipset these are System Acceleration Mode
enabled/disabled currently disabled and also VideoMemoryMode
UC/USWC currently UC can anyone shed any light on what these do? System Accelration mode sounds kinda groovy! as always any help is appreciated.

A:Asus A7A266-E bios settings?

The system acceleration mode in your mainboard is probably an option to enable certain aggressive settings for memory timings, etc...

Try enabling it seeing if your system is still stable. I have an ASUS A7V266-E & there's an option called Performance level ( Normal / Optimal ). If I select Optimal, RAM Timings are set to CAS2, etc...

If you start having random lock ups, I suggest setting it back to default.

Is there anything mentionned in your BIOS manual about it ? I don't have an A7A266 so i'm only guessing here.

As for the VideoMemoryMode, it's common to ASUS mainboards. I'm not sure if they're the only ones to have it. Could anyone confirm if they have this option with a non ASUS mainboard ?

Here's a little explanation I found on the subject.

Video Memory Cache Mode (ASUS mainboards)

By definition, video memory is excluded from being cacheable since otherwise the large data chunks would fill up the L2 chache of the CPU immediately. When the CPU calculates 3D, that is, floating point operations, every data point needs to be written to the local frame buffer (on board graphics memory). Unfortunately, the CPU can either write or calculate, therefore each write cycle interrupts the floating point operations, in simple terms, the FPU unit can only work at half speed. Intel were the first to incorporate 8, so called, write combine buffers on the Pentium II, which was one of the reasons why the PII had a superior 3D performance compared to the original K6, at least at low resolutions. The reason is simple, instead of single bit writes, the data are temporarily stored in write combine buffers and released in burst mode. Therefore, depending on the size of the WC-buffers, FPU calculations are interrupted much less frequently, in other words, the graphics performance of the CPU is almost doubled.

Graphics data inherently feature high locality, therefore there is no problem pipelining these data. With the CXT revision of the K6-2 and the K6-III, AMD added two write combine buffers and, as we were the first to post, proper addressing of these buffers via software would boost graphics performance by as much as 30% within the identical hardware configuration. The Athlon family has four aggressively programmed 64 bit WC buffers buffers that can be placed over the local frame buffers for both data and hardware acceleration. Compared to the PII / III WC buffers, the novelty is being capable of executing out of order writes in ascending and descending order and thus taking write combining to a new level. This way the efficacy of the 3D floating point operations can almost be doubled. Available settings in the ASUS A7V BIOS are either uncached (UC) or uncached speculative write combining (USWC). Needless to say that USWC needs to be supported by both graphics adapter hardware and drivers but if it works, it is one sweet feature.

from Lost CircuitsClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7a266-e-bios-settings.1503/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys,

I recently just built my first pc with a Asus Sabertooth x58 motherboard. When I checked the Bios it was version 0702; however, I cannot find that version anywhere on the web. Not even Asus's website. Any idea why that is? Also should I upgrade to their new BIOS v0802?

Thanks!!!

A:Asus Sabertooth BIOS version?

Should you upgrade? If you aren't having any problems with the BIOS now, I would not bother. You may if you wish but there is some risk involved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-sabertooth-bios-version.162273/
Relevancy 46.01%

My friend's Asus q450 series laptop got locked by bios accidentaly now can not enter windows. Disassembling laptop is not easy so friends is there any possibility to reset bios without opening it? Please help

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/75654-asus-laptop-bios-lock.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey I hope someone can help me with this problem I A8N-SLI Can't Asus Deluxe BIOS flash got new RAM in my computer no problems Can't flash BIOS Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Then I got inspired to run Nvidia NTune to optimize my system It started running then the system hung up No way to unhang So I read more about NTune - I discover it says you should have fairly recent BIOS I don t - my current BIOS is probably almost yrs old So I plan to flash my BIOS in DOS from startup boot disk with AWDFLASH exe and what I believe is a recent A N-SLI BIOS BIN and I rename it like the instructions say to what I Can't flash BIOS Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe believe should be the correct name quot A NSLI-B BIN quot AWDFLASH exe proceeds to back up old BIOS and then goes to look for the BIOS as named I get some message about the BIOS being wrong What am I doing wrong Is the name of the BIOS file not supposed to be in CAPS Is quot BIN quot not supposed to be in caps I have searched around on the interwebs for some ideas Techspot Anandtech Tomshardware etc and basically find BIOS flash for A N-SLI Deluxe either goes smoothly or people have lots of problems various conflicting instructions Asus does not seem to be supporting this decent MB anymore Help - any ideas My comp is in the profile AMD x Win XP except that I have gone to GB gb x pc OCZ ram install was perfect up from x of Kingston ValueRAM THX nbsp

A:Can't flash BIOS Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

A8N-SLI Deluxe BIOS 1805
http://dlsvr.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/A8N-SLI Deluxe/A8ND1805.zip

http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?no=532&SLanguage=en-us.

(Note substitute your bios filename 1805.bin)

Please note, BIOS update is only recommended when experiencing technical difficulties with your system, And is not recommended to be performed regularly.

Moreover, due to the nature of BIOS update, there is certain level of dangers involved. BIOS update must be performed with extreme caution . During BIOS update process, your system must be maintained without interference or power loss to prevent unexpected damage.

In case of BIOS update failure, please follow instructions in your User's Manual for guidelines on BIOS recovery via CrashFree BIOS. In the event that BIOS recovery is not recoverable via CrashFree BIOS, please contact your place of purchase for further assistance on BIOS recovery.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-flash-bios-asus-a8n-sli-deluxe.111303/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a BIOS version 1011. I was looking on the asus website and there is v1013, 1014 and 1015 Beta. I downloaded 1013 and 1014. Should I install 1013 first or what? how would i go about doing it?

A:Updating BIOS: Asus A8N SLI Deluxe

Nah, go right to 1014. They don't build on each other in any way. I'm getting ready to flash mine too. just need to write down my overclock numbers and settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updating-bios-asus-a8n-sli-deluxe.35634/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have Harddisks installed BAD Checksum BIOS ASUS P4P800-X on Primary IDE The AOpen CDwriter and ASUS DVD writer install on ASUS P4P800-X BAD BIOS Checksum Seceondary IDE The system worked perfectly Recently I bought a WESTERN DIGITAL SATA GB WD and had it install on the First SATA and I had already set the jumper to SATA mode at the back of the harddisk When I checked the BIOS the Harddisk name was visible at the First SATA then I saved and ReBOOTed The System said Bad BIOS checksum Starting BIOS Recovery Checking for floppy Floppy not found After several times I then put the ASUS CD that came with the M B Checking for CD-ROM CD-ROM found Reading file quot P P -X ROM quot Completed Error ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID ASUS P4P800-X BAD BIOS Checksum I tried to reboot the system again and again and Removed the SATA Harddisk until the ASUS Logo appeared on the screen and i had to set the time and date of the system again in the BIOS menu Using WinXP I used the ASUSLiveupdate to copy the current BIOS from the Mainboard to a Floppy disk and rename the file to quot P P -X rom quot Then I tried to reboot from the WindowsXP ASUS P4P800-X BAD BIOS Checksum for times Without the SATA installed No Problem I then connected the SATA Harddisk and turn on the system and the same problem happened With the ASUS BISOCrashFree function I use the floppy disk containing the system P P -X rom and it said i have to turn off and on the system After the flshing and programming I did it and The same problem happened Bad BIOS checksum The Problem now is In many cases including with or without SATA HD installed and using the ASUS-CDROM or my floppy disk The quot Bad BIOS checksum quot always appeared I dont know what to do now I m so depressed Pls HELP SYSTEM Information BIOS version GHz Intel Winfast A Gforce MX AGP X GBs RAM GBs Seagate GBs Maxtor ASUS DVD writer AOpen CDWriter Juli Audio card and the recently bought WesternDigital GBs SATA HD WD nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4p800-x-bad-bios-checksum.45339/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi This is my daughters machine Prob no sound coming from onboard outlet speakers fine Q Bios installed is v most A7V8X BIOS Upgrading ASUS on recent version available according to ASUS website is Beta Version bit concerned with the words Beta version so maybe i should upgrade Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X with nd most recent version namely Version It appears that version quot Fixed audio modem codec ID problem Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X quot but unsure if this will resolve the sound issue i have Anyway it may be good to get the latest version anyway and possible just try and get the correct driver - nb no sound drivers are shown at all to be installed Q Back to the BIOS upgrading ASUS website s inx do not seem to be compatible with XP ie saying create a bootable system floppy without config and autoexec AFLASH exe software boot ini the BIOS upgrade My problem confusion is not with the software or bios upgrade version on the floppy but with the boot ini and the type of boot files i should have on the floppy in order to get to the aflash menu option and not straight into win xp as seems to happen Be grateful for your help JB nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello SF members.

Note : I dont know where to put this topic. If you know better , move it.

I already asked some questions here, some members helped me a lot but I need help again.

In one topic I asked how to Overclock. I learned it , and know more about it.
But now my problems is my BIOS. I dont know how to use it. That isnt classic....
I dont have to edit time or HDD slave, not to do anything harder !

My BIOS is same as http://images.anandtech.com/doci/4499/ASUS%20BIOS%201%20-%20EZ%20Main.png

My motherboard is ASUS P8H61-M LX2 and it have latest ASUS BIOS (EFI BIOS Utility- EZ mode , I attached one link here to see).

My questions are :
1. Can I back normal BIOS like one old ?
2. How to use that ? Is there any tutorial for this ?

That is all for now.
Thanks in advance.
Trinty.

A:How to use ASUS EFI Bios Utility - EZ Mode ?

Did you read your MB manual. It has a section on the Bios that explains all the options. If you click on the Advanced Mode it will look a lot like the old bios with lots of options.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/221067-how-use-asus-efi-bios-utility-ez-mode.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am looking at ASUS' support, and am planning to flash my BIOS to an updated version, as I have exhausted all other attempts at stabilizing my system.

The instructions tell me to make a boot floppy. As there is no logical way for me to do this, as my board does not have a floppy cable present, this proves impossible. Anyone flashed the BIOS on an ASUS M4 series? Tips?

A:BIOS flash - ASUS MoBo

Have a look Here and see if the info helps

It's relating to creating a boot cd instead of using a floppy

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/119836-bios-flash-asus-mobo.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am building a new pc, and I purchased an ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 MB a couple of weeks ago...I suspect that the BIOS is of around April - 2010...(302)....I will save the current BIOS to a Flash Drive, before updating current BIOS, but my question is....there are a lot of newer versions, with the latest being 901....If I download the latest version, does it encompass all the other version updates prior ? I intend to use Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit....Thanks in advance....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-to-asus-motherboard.157616/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an "old" Asus Cusl2-c MB with the latest Bios available from Asus. I put my brand new 200 GB WD drive in as a master on the Primary IDE bus and auto-detect it in the bios & it comes up as 8,455 MB. With my slightly older ABit MB, it at least comes up as 138GB, which I'd expect with the Asus. Is there any way around this - can I manually insert the HD parameters. If I have to get a PCI HD controller as suggested by WD, will the Read/write times be as fast as if directly connected. The board supports DMA mode5. Any Help highly welcome.

Relevancy 46.01%

Asus X401u Laptop Auto Repair Loop - HELP
My grandson Asus laptop screen was not working. So I changed it. I can see that it works great. Now here is my problem.
His Asus Laptop with Windows 8 running on it. Now every time it starts up it displays the windows logo and a minutes later it displays Asus logo with the message "Preparing automatic repair" and a boot diagnostic, followed by a black screen, then it starts all over again.
I can use the escape key at startup and the F2 (delete key does the same as F2) but honestly I have no I idea what to do next.
There is no CD drive and I asked if he has a copy/backup of Windows 8 in a SD card for flash drive, in which I don't have one.
Someone please help me on this.

A:Asus X401u in a bios loop

You say your grandson's ASUS X401u laptop wasn't working, so you changed it.
What exactly do you mean when you say you "changed it"?

You say that ASUS X401u laptop is running Windows 8.
According to its support site, it comes with one of these Windows versions:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Home Basic

--------------------------------------------------------

I personally have never used Windows 8, so someone else who has will need to address any issues with it.

You also might want to make use of its support site and FAQ section.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-x401u-in-a-bios-loop.1134000/