Windows Support Forum

Using Window 2000 with a wireless network adapter to logon to NT Domain

Q: Using Window 2000 with a wireless network adapter to logon to NT Domain

I have a network here at work that is using an NT4.0 server. I have a computer that is running Windows 2000 pro that needs to logon to the domain through a wireless connection (running in a trailer in the parking lot). I can get everything to connect and work if I log into the workstation itself, however if I try to log onto the domain I get an error message indicating that the domain is not available. I know that XP has the ability to initialize the wireless connection prior to login but I can't find anyway to do this with W2K. I am using a Netgear WG121 USB (G) adapter with a Netgear WG602 access point. I have WEP turned on in the open mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-window-2000-with-a-wireless-network-adapter-to-logon-to-nt-domain.367190/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Using Window 2000 with a wireless network adapter to logon to NT Domain

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 89.87%

hello there i have a Laptop With a D-Link WIFI PCMIA Card and the laptop has no Lan card installed so my only way to connect to my Router is via loging onto my local account on the Laptops harddrive but i want to make my home network to every computer has to logon over the network but everytime i try to on the laptop it cannot connect as the WIFI connection to the router is not connected but when i use a LAN cable on any of the other PC's it works fine.

I have searched for a few hours and found no solution so any help would be greatly appreciated.

All The systems have XP Pro with Service pack 2

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wireless-network-logon-to-domain-help.51171/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi folks I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem that occuring with our wireless connectivity in the school and I am hoping there is 2000 on connectivity wireless before network. logon something in kix which will hopefully sort this out Ok the situation is we have a couple of wireless laptops which use some pcmcia cards Brands we use are dynamode d-link and netgear Now we use kix to connect to network shares make printer connections install software etc and wireless connectivity before logon on 2000 network. a batch file runs once the user logs onto the network but the card doesnt initate before they logon so it doesnt run the scripts until you log off and back on again what we have found is they log on and after a couple of mins of logging on the wireless software will pick up the network and then we will be connected but by then it is too late as it hasnt mapped any drives and hasnt run any applications at startup what i would like to know is if there is something we can do in the registry or get kix to do so that we can specify that once the pc loads up and is on the logon screen it runs a certain application For us this being the wireless program Any help will always be appreciated Many thanks nbsp

A:wireless connectivity before logon on 2000 network.

I was having the same problem and upgrading to Windows XP fixed it as it handles wireless connections natively. If your school is LEA you should be able to get XP upgrade licences quite cheaply, about £36 each. Or Intel wireless cards tend to come with a utility that has a 'pre logon connect' feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity-before-logon-on-2000-network.361306/
Relevancy 81.7%

Cust. has an existing Win 2000 advanced Svr. There are about 25 PCs w/ 2000 & XP. Currently they do not log on to the Svr, but boss would now like them to. Tried, and they could not get onto existing domain. I kept getting a DNS lookup error? To add I could ping the Svr and see the shared drive on the network but it had a red x on it?

A:2000 pro PC cannot logon to 2000 advanced server domain.

Does the server has a static IP address? try setting the server's IP address as the clints DNS server (you just input the IP address of the server in the clients DNS server address in the network properties).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-pro-pc-cannot-logon-to-2000-advanced-server-domain.286340/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have mulitple win xp pro client's loggin into a windows 2000 domain. They all seem to login slow, they hang on the "applying personal settings" menu.

The computers are on the same switch, running at 100mbps.

Any suggestions, patches?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-2000-domain-slow-logon.122435/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a windows 2000 domain with both 2000 and xp clients (around 4000)
When the users logon it sometimes takes them 10 minutes to Apply computer
settings. But the XP users logon fine.

I've checked the Group policies and everything seems to be set up properly.
I can logon locally to those machines with no delay.

Does anyone have any ideas.

A:Winidows 2000 domain /slow logon

ScuZZ said:

I have a windows 2000 domain with both 2000 and xp clients (around 4000)
When the users logon it sometimes takes them 10 minutes to Apply computer
settings. But the XP users logon fine.

I've checked the Group policies and everything seems to be set up properly.
I can logon locally to those machines with no delay.

Does anyone have any ideas.Click to expand...

I'd check the DNS settings first. That's usually the cause of your issues.

Since they're older machines, likely, they may have innacurate DNS settings. If they're running DHCP, do an ipconfig -all and see if the DNS servers are matching the ones on the XP boxes (they should be). Then you can start to narrow down the issue from there... But I'd almost guarantee it's a DNS issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winidows-2000-domain-slow-logon.361615/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello everyone,
Laptops - Windows 7
DC - Windows Server 2012 R2
We have set up wireless network in the company.  When users log into Windows, it picks up the Corporate wireless network, and the users can enter the domain username and pwd, and it connects to the internal corporate network without any issue. 
What I want to do is that, when Windows boots up, and at the logon screen, users enter their domain credentials and log in using wireless network.  So the logon script runs, and they have their drives mapped, and etc...  it should be the same domain
logon procedure as the user would do when connected via wire, but we want to do wirelessly.  
I've read on internet, and tried regedit, and SSO, but none works...
any help will be very appreciated!
thank you in advance.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ed2bd636-4f12-43fb-9b48-9bf98b7a0dd6/domain-logon-using-wireless-connection?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 69.23%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 68.8%

I have and HP Compaq with a D-Link DWA-130 wireless adapter.

Lately, when I boot the computer the D-Link connection manager opens and I have to reconnect the adapter before I can get online. I have to reenter the SSID and the password. Then it works fine until I boot the computer again and then I have to go through the whole process again.

I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere else yet, and hope someone here would know how to fix this problem. I am running W7 Home Premium with SP1.

Thanks.

A:D-Link wireless adapter won't work at logon

Hi there,

I'd download and install the latest driver for your Wi-Fi adapter from either the HP/Compaq site or D-Link and see if that would help. Also, are you using a third party Wi-Fi utility manager or the Windows native wireless to connect?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/337029-d-link-wireless-adapter-wont-work-logon.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Having the following scenario:
Wi-Fi router/modem delivered by British Telecom and ISP.
Windows 2008 R2 server hosting our domain connected to another ISP.
Windows 7 64-bit Lap-top users with Wi-Fi turned on.

When a user is power up the computer to our wired network and have Wi-Fi adapter on, they do not get proper connection to our local domain. When looking in ?Network and Sharing Center? it is showing that our cabled network as ?Undefined network message?. And
is a yellow sign on the connection.

After switched off the Wi-Fi and re-started the computer, the user is connected to our domain network without any problems.

How can this be solved so user do not need to turn off the Wi-Fi connection each time they are connecting to our domain network.
Looking forward to have this issue solved.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f423a329-cd28-4beb-a2e7-dd9022e987e9/getting-undefined-network-when-connecting-to-a-domain-when-having-wifi-adapter-enabled?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 66.65%

constant pop-up window in email regarding network log on followed by window that says I canít long on (though I am on)

A:constant pop-up window in email regarding network logon

constant pop-up window in Outlook 2002 email saying log into network followed by window that says I canít long on (though I am on)

what is the dix for this? ANyone know? Running XP home

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-pop-up-window-in-email-regarding-network-logon.424558/
Relevancy 65.36%

I m not totally computer-literate when it comes to hardware and such but I am fairly literate with most computer terms So in advance I apologize for any confusion a misused hardware name may cause Also before I begin let me just say that the issues hereafter discussed apply to a computer separate from this one compatability Network Adapter/Wireless Adapter This computer works fine but the one I will be talking about my computer is the one without an internet connection at the moment So recently my network adapter decided to stop working I won t go into the details but it s completely fried and I d much rather spend the money to get a new one instead of go through the hassel of trying to fix my old one And Network Adapter/Wireless Adapter compatability thus we come to question number one Do most if not all network adapter cards work with most PCs I have a Dell Dimension with Windows XP Home edition with highspeed cable internet so would pretty much any network adapter do the job My stepdad who is fairly computer-literate though often too cocky about it says that pretty much all network adapters will work with any computer unless the computer and network adapter are old or new respectively Also what are the most reliable brands of network adapters What kind of details about the product should I look for when purchasing Now on to the second part of my post wireless internet adapter For a while my computer has been a few feet from the router because we had have no way for a cord to reach anywhere else particularly my room Now because of spacing issues in this room I am being forced to relocate my computer My choices are these a Buy a wireless network adapter so I can move my computer to my room or b Have an internet-less computer for an indeterminate amount of time Obviously I prefer the former So my next question is basically the same as the first one but about wireless internet adapters rather than network adapters Do wireless adapters work universaly for computers Again I have a Dell Dimension with highspeed cable internet so I m pretty sure the speed of the wireless adapter is important And again what are the best most reliable brands of wireless adapters What product details should I be looking for I hope I ve provided all of the necessary information I m most likely going to be ordering the aforementioned hardware bits off of NewEgg com or some other similar computer hardware site I don t know if that helps in answering the question s at all but I figured any additional information may help Thanks to all of those who have taken the time to read my questions and I appreciate any response greatly nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

when ever i start up windows after user selection if my wireless adapter is plug in, my screen will freeze @ a black screen, only after i unplug my wireless adapter then it will continue to start up. i'm using TP-LINK TL_WN821N

A:Wireless adapter stoping me from starting window

Make sure your drivers are up-to-date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/45351-wireless-adapter-stoping-me-starting-window.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have an IBM T Thinkpad laptop running Windows XP with CISCO Aironet Client Utility installed to manage my wireless networks I don t understand the point of this utility as I find the Windows XP wireless connection management more reliable and straightforward but I don t know how to disable this thing I would if I could and I have tried although not that Wireless LAN CISCO PCI Auto-Connect Adapter Won't Wireless to (Aironet) Network hard Anyway I was using the CISO Aironet Client Utility or whatever it s called CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network fine then I visited a friend s house and needed to get on his network He started poking around and one day it was working and the next it was broken It kept saying CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network it couldn t find a radio signal or that it was off I came home and it wasn t working for a month or CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network so One day I messed around with it and it started working again Only problem now is whenever I shut down my laptop and re-open it it never reconnects to my wireless connection automatically I always have to do it by hand Any suggestions here How can I get it to reconnect automatically and if I can t how can I get it to use the Windows wireless features that are built in and bypass this CISCO stuff Thanks nbsp

A:CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network

i'll move to netwroking you should get a better response

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-pci-wireless-lan-adapter-aironet-wont-auto-connect-to-wireless-network.875180/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys need some urgent help here I have a program on my computer called Intel R Network - Can't Router Adapter Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Wireless to connect My WiFi Technology which has something to do with my network adapter Intel R WiFi Link BGN I recently had an annoying notice popping up from this program saying The Wireless Network Adaptoor could not be found So I decided that I should find a solution on Intel s forums I came across a thread that discussed my problem and one of Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router the Intel workers mentioned that Uninstalling and Reinstalling the program would be the best solution So I followed the Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router steps and came across a huge problem Turns out that once I removed this program my computer wouldn t connect to my wireless network in my Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router house I went onto my other devices throughout the home and they all seemed to be working fine and that my router was still working fine aswell I went onto my other computer and downloaded the program onto my USB and installed it back onto my original computer There still wasn t any difference and my computer still currently can t connect to my wireless access point I ve rolled back drivers updated them and I ve refreshed wireless network adapters in my Network and Sharing Center in Control Point I m starting to run out of ideas and I really need some help My computer can still detect networks though but I ve discovered it can connect to my Mobile Phone s Access Point meaning I can connect to G through my phone I m suspecting some sort of setting has been changed to connect to my home s wireless but I can t figure out what it is I know that this isn t very detailed and I ve sort of rushed it but if you need anything else from me I d be happy to tell you If you have any possible solutions or have the same problem as I do please do share nbsp

A:Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site.

Delete all wireless profiles. Then try again to connect.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalled-reinstalled-wireless-network-adapter-cant-connect-to-wireless-router.1024642/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have been experiencing wireless wifi connection problems with my HP Pavilion dv laptop I am running xppro I went from vista to xp pro took a long time network adding adapter G wireless dv6000, HP wireless Belkin Pvilion as I am slow Anyway I read that you can add another wireless network card as a work around in the event that the internal wireless card breaks dies I bought a BelkinWirelss G USB network adapter- F D and tried to install it on this HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter laptop I was able to install it on my IBM T and Gateway laptop I had to disable the radio on the gateway before it worked The IBM is HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter old and has no built in wireless card ON my HP pavilion dv I slid the wireless button to disable and also went into device manager and disable there too For some reason after loading the Belkin in it does not find any wireless networks I called Belkin and spoke with their help desk but they were not helpful My question short of disabling my HP wireless card do I have to remove the actual software uninstall broadcom so the computer will look only at the belkin software My HP laptop warrantied expired months ago Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pvilion-dv6000-adding-belkin-wireless-wireless-g-network-adapter.802008/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have PCs sitting in a shared area and I would like to prevent users from different domain to logon to my computers. How do I do that with GPO? I searched internet and they suggested "Deny logon locally" I don't think that applies to
my case. Said, my users from DomainOne, I don't want users from DomainTwo, DomainThree, etc to logon and use my department computers.
Thanks,

Thang Mo

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4ad51073-6c7d-4595-bc51-d9272422f34d/how-to-prevent-users-from-different-domain-to-logon-my-domain-pc?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 63.64%

Ok this is my first post so please be gentle I have windows xp on a laptop using an Wireless PCMCIA network card I m trying to make this laptop connect to a domain at my Office but the problem is this Apparently the wireless lan driver isn t loaded and doesn t connect to the network until after windows boots up and log on When I try to log on to my domain it says the domain isn t available but if I let windows boot up I E Log into the local machine and then I can manually get to my domain controller and log into it However it s unable to log into the domain at startup Is there anything I can do about this Any help is appreciated I posted this in the networking windows Wireless domain network and section as opposed to the windows section because i believe this to be more related to networking If i m wrong about that please let me know and I ll move or repost in the correct section Thank you very much for any help anybody can give me Dave nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello all I'm on Domain to Connecting Network Wireless testing out Windows Professional on the network we use at a school district All the Connecting to Wireless Network on Domain other machines have Windows XP and work fine but isn't working right now When the XP machines join the domain they have the wireless information sent to them and they automatically connect to the wireless network On the Windows laptop we're using Lenovo R it's on the domain and can get internet if it's plugged in via ethernet but it does not see and can't connect to the network wirelessly If I Connecting to Wireless Network on Domain try to manually connect to it Using WPA-Enterprise encryption with TKIP it still won't connect to the network I tried running group policy update on them but there's still no luck The driver is working becuase we can see wireless networks from homes neighboring the school and our access point is working because the XP machine right next to them picks up the signal just fine Does anyone have any ideas Your help is greatly appreciated Christian

A:Connecting to Wireless Network on Domain

Quote: Originally Posted by cgheilman

I'm testing out Windows 7 Professional on the network we use at a school district. All the other machines have Windows XP and work fine, but 7 isn't working right now.

If I try to manually connect to it (Using WPA-Enterprise encryption with TKIP) it still won't connect to the network.

I tried running group policy update on them, but there's still no luck. The driver is working becuase we can see wireless networks from homes neighboring the school, and our access point is working because the XP machine right next to them picks up the signal just fine.

Christian; Welcome to Windows 7 Forums!! We are here to help, if we can.

Looking at your post, I would like to get the simple questions answered first. It seems it is the laptop that has the problem. You say you tried to "manually connect"? you would need to create the "new wireless connection? Then use "Manage wireless networks" to edit settings?

You also said there are other wireless networks detected? Does the laptop detect these networks but not the school's network?

Workgroup settings, not HomeGroup? What does the troubleshooter tell you? What IP address is DHCP assigning?

Sorry if you have already checked all this out. Post back with more details and lets see what we can find?

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20523-connecting-wireless-network-domain.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Mine is Dell Inspiron Os Windows Ultimate x My laptop wifi works fine for some period of time but suddenly the current wireless connection gets disconnected and no wireless networks appear in the list The network connection icon in taskbar changes to no network connection small monitor with yellow exclamation icon The wireless adapter is still enabled only Well i found a way to bring back the connection and to show the available wireless networks by disabling and enabling the dell wireless adapter under quot change adapter settings quot in abruptly network adapter, wireless Problem disconnects with wireless Network and sharing center But this problem keeps repeating at Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly unpredictable intervals and i have Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly to disable and enable the wireless adapter everytime Please help me with Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly a solution I have already tried the following Re-installing updating wireless network drivers Re-installing entire OS with full format of all hard drives Disabled unchecked quot allow computer to turn off this device to save power quot option under power management tab of dell wireless adapter properties Changed the power saving options for wireless adapter to quot maximise perfomance quot for both on battery and plugged in modes Having tried all these still no luck the problem persists I borrowed a digisol wireless USB adapter from my friend this works fine all the time with no issues I have no idea why mine is not working properly please do help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383002-problem-wireless-adapter-wireless-network-disconnects-abruptly.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello TSG Forums I Network Adapter Not Working! Missing Icon; Wireless Wireless ve got quite the challenge for you guys Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! I ve gone through two different tech support lines three computer savvy friends and every troubleshooting trick and tip I could scour off of the internet All efforts have been in vain thus far Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! So as to not make this post too long I ll get to the point I recently bought a new wireless adapter to connect to the internet with Previously I was using an older adapter that my room mate was lending me a Motorola Wireless USB Adapter WU G to be exact At first when I installed the motorola it didn t work I can t remember what I did to make it work for the life of me but I eventually twisted my computer s arm enough that it gave in Now it s uninstalled from my computer along with I hope all the drivers and programs that were using it So I bought a new adapter Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter - F D read the instructions carefully and made sure that it was installed just as the manual says Install the software wait for the prompt etc etc Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I tried to configure my connections Where the wireless detects all the access points and you put in your WEP key etc The wireless adapter seemed to be doing nothing The device manager showed the adapter with no problems and no errors but the program was stubbornly pretending that my wireless adapter didn t exist After trying multiple USB ports uninstalling reinstalling with no progress I concluded to myself that the adapter must be defective The LED light came on now and then but it was slow and very seldom I assumed that it was only recognizing that it had power So after ensuring that the previous adapter was completely uninstalled I take it back to my retailer and trade it off for a new model of a similar price D-Link DWA USB n Adapter - DWA This one upon installing at least seemed more active The LED light would blink now and then as if it were pinging for a signal of some sort So I install it again making sure that I m following the instructions to the letter When the installation finishes and it goes directly into the connection configuration it gives me an error And I quote quot Wireless Adapter not found Please insert the adapter now quot Again windows recognizes the device no errors no visible problems Also when I open Network Connections there is only my LAN line listed I have no wireless network icon and I can t seem to get it to appear So after several hours of tech support and no progress I turn to my friends who are equally baffled The last hours have been mostly dedicated to scouring the internet for clues to the problem So far I ve gone through a whole bunch of dead ends and a list or two of troubleshooting ideas Nothing so far has helped Here are the things I ve tried so far Everything described on this list unless it pertained to dial up networking Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and software several times Installing the driver without the software Installing with Wireless Zero Configuration stopped in services msc I m running a Sony VAIO with Windows XP Media Center Edition If you need to know anything else about my setup just ask Please assist if you can I m running out of options Elliot nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone I m having an extremely frustrating problem connecting to my Netgear DG G v wireless router in my flat In short Ever since I reformatted router's network to Can't adapter wireless connecting connect to wireless despite net my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro internet browsers do not detect a connection to the internet despite a wireless connection being detected in the network connections and the icon in the system tray when my wireless adapter is plugged into my PC Connection problems only occurred after the reformat another PC in my flat connects wirelessly to our router with no problems before during amp after the time I reformatted I m posting this using his PC and the router config settings have definitely not been changed in any way so its not a router problem It appears that the wireless adapter is able to detect a signal from the router but the router is not sending information to the adapter I can t even connect to the router setup IP address More detailed I wiped the PC s harddrive then reinstalled Windows XP Pro I thought the recovery disk would have drivers with Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network it like others I d used but it didn t so I had to manually find nVidia chipset amp com Ethernet controller Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network drivers and SP for USB functionality download them on another PC and transfer and install them on mine I got SP this didn t change anything I changed back to SP still no change to connectivity When my Netgear WG v wireless adapter is plugged into a USB port Windows recognises it as a device connected to the PC My Netgear DG G v router is working normally the power light is on the internet light is on and the wireless light is on all are green the internet light blinks intermittently as normal the other two are solid When the wireless adapter is plugged into the PC wireless networks are detected and I can detect and connect to my Netgear router using the same WEP key and SSID as before set at the time of router setup Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network and not changed since Bubble comes up with Wireless Network Connection NETGEAR Speed Mbps Signal Strength Very Good When a browser is opened and set to any website the DNS error screen The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable etc in IE Server not found Firefox can t find the server at www google co uk in Firefox When opening Internet Explorer the bar at the bottom of the window displays Detecting proxy settings for a few seconds before the DNS error comes up The router settings cannot be opened via a browser either by using the router setup CD or by typing http into the address bar The same error msg is displayed in IE Firefox displays Unable to connect Firefox can t establish a connection to the server at I can connect to the router setting page in the above way using my flatmate s wireless connection to the same router Opening up the properties of the wireless connection shows that data packets are sent but not received e g after leaving the wireless connection on for hours packets sent packets received I tried bridging the wireless connection with the Net Adapter connection in Network Connections LAN or High Speed Internet this had no effect reversing this also had no effect All settings IP etc were set to be automatically provided no effect I looked at my flatmate s connection settings IP address subnet mask DHCP server etc and manually specified as many of them as I could on my connection no effect I used my flatmate s connection to go into the router settings and manually specify my PC s Physical address MAC no as being always allowed to connect no effect I effectively turned off the router s firewall by setting it to allow incoming connections on all ports no effect Changed it back no effect also no firewalls installed... Read more

A:Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-net-despite-wireless-adapter-connecting-to-routers-wireless-network.541734/
Relevancy 63.64%

Never had any problem with internet connection until few days ago after reinstalling window 7. I've tried going to device manager and network adapter had disappeared from the tree. Ethernet controller is also unrecognized by the computer. I uninstalling it but since network connection was not established, it could not self fix the problem.

I've also went on intel to look for network adapter like this one https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=18713

But it couldn't complete and the error message said could not find Intel(R) network adapter on this computer... well no shit? Isn't that what I'm trying to install?

A:Network adapter disappear after re installing window 7

Hi Buddy,

Do either of those show up as warning triangles in the device manager or do they just not show up at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/337043-network-adapter-disappear-after-re-installing-window-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I saw another post that had the exact same problem I m having just that my problem is on a desktop We got wireless internet a few months ago and my desktop was working fine with it Have a wireless adapter for Wireless Losing Adapter Computer and Network Network Recognition the internet Then a few weeks ago the internet started randomly disconnecting from only my computer I thought it was a network problem But then I hit something and the internet was working fine again for a few weeks Now it s Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition on the fritz Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition again starting yesterday When I try disconnecting and then reconnecting to the network it will tell me that there were no networks to connect to And when I unplug the adapter and plug it back in to the usb ports it ll tell me that my computer can t recognize the adapter that it s malfunctioning I ve tried the adapter in all the ports and it gives me the same message I have to restart my computer to get it to both recognize the adapter and the network so it ll connect again once it s restarted The internet will last for random periods of time When the internet goes out I get the yellow triangle error thing first on the network icon it doesn t just go right to there being nothing period and having the X symbol only after I try disconnecting from the network Sometimes all day then I ll leave the computer on over night and find the internet is out again on it in the morning Or it ll last for only a few minutes Sometimes the computer won t lose the network if I try disconnecting and reconnecting from the network It ll reconnect to the local network but when it s trying to find the network to connect to the internet it can t find it It ll say undiscovered network I thought maybe the adapter was faulty so I ve tried switching it with the adapter from another computer It still did the same thing with the other adapter And nothing is wrong with the adapter I was using it worked fine in the other computer when I put it in Both adapters are good When the usb ports stop working for the adapter it s only the adapter having problems Everything else still works fine I have no clue what the problem could be I never had any network internet problems when we had wired internet Here is the system info for my computer I really need help this is causing me heart attacks x x I really don t understand much about computers so if any help could be explained really simply and in a lot of detail so I can understand I d really appreciate it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Nettle Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition

Do other usb devices work fine on the computer? For instance, if you plug in a thumb drive the computer, is the computer able to recognize the drive as well as read/write data to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-losing-wireless-network-adapter-and-network-recognition.1056416/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi All Please can anyone help I have done something and I don t know what I have just bought a new a IP Connection' Solved: does Help have Network not 'wireless a valid adapter network computer a compaq running windows AMD athlon tm IIx processor I had no problems connecting it to the internet it has Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a a wired ethernet cable which plugged to my Thompson router and worked straight away I also have a Toshiba satellite L - laptop running Vista with wireless internet connection At this stage I was getting internet on my new PC and wireless internet on the laptop The problem came when I tried to set up a home network I have done it previously on the old pc running Windows XP with no problems however I am not sure what I have done but I can get internet on the PC but on the laptop it is connecting to the wireless network but not the internet In the network and sharing centre it shows the laptop connected to an Unidentified network but then there is a cross through the line connecting it to the internet In Network and Internet Network connections I double clicked on Wireless Network Connection and then on diagnose I got a box with the heading - The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configeration I am a bit bewildered what to do and thought it better to seek help rather than fumble around in the dark Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-a.1016800/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi So recently I have removed a nasty zeroaccess rootkit virus es from my laptop My Windows Firewall Defender and Updates would not work still won't my browser kept redirecting to unrelated websites and I was just overall having a TON of irritating issues I installed MalwareBytes and Zone Alarm in addition to my Microsoft Security Essentials and restarted my computer once - everything seemed fine I went to delete a few programs from my computer via the control panel just unneeded things like Canon software I don't even use anymore My computer told me I needed to restart so I did and when connection wireless driver adapter network Problems with and network it turned back on I suddenly had no more Internet access It registers that my Internet providers are being picked up on as in it says Silver Moose is emitting a signal yet I have quot limited access Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver quot and all other devices using the network in my home are working just fine I tried troubleshooting and it says that there Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver are problems with the wireless Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver network adapter and the driver for wireless network connection adapter I've read that removing a access will render someone Internet-less but some people have overcome this However every thread I've already taken a look at don't exactly fit with my problems computer model so I wanted to stay on the safe side and get help fitted exactly to me I have Windows bit a Gateway model NV I don't know if my processor Intel R Core details are needed If so I'll gladly provide them I ran ipconfig all and was about to transfer a copy of it from my messed up computer to this one via a flash drive but suddenly I've found that my computer doesn't recognize a flash drive at all anymore So it's very very messed up indeed I would REALLY like to know what I can do to try and make this situation better or if a system restore is the best option I don't know how to use system restore or what it all does so if you do recommend that can you please offer and explanation of the options it'll give me Will it give a time period I want to backtrack to I feel really helpless here so thanks a ton for any and all help

A:Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver

First with this remove Zone alarm, while it use to be a great product, it cause more issues than it's worth these days.
Next, Start menu-> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on command prompt and run as Administrator.

Type in netsh winsock reset and reboot, see if the combination of these will help.

Otherwise, system restore is very simple to use and will only affect programs installed, not your personal files. If this doesn't solve the issue pick a time before the rootkit, a couple weeks if possible, and just restore it. You can scroll through all the date to make note of any changes that will be made. Make sure to re-install your AV and Malwarebytes afterwards to keep you protected.

Also, I do not work for Malwarebytes, but $29 for a lifetime license and an active protection module is absolutely worth it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252548-problems-wireless-network-adapter-network-connection-driver.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,
This is my first time on this thread, I have looked around the different forums but could,t find what I was looking for so here is my problem, ( I know is is an old pc and I only utilize it for my kids to get on the Internet )

This is an older desktop, Been utilizing the net gear to get on the Internet for months and it was working fine,shows it is connected to ssid but ip shows up as 0.0.0.0 I have other home computers hooked up and work g so I located there ip address, can I input it myself ? If so how? FYI I'm on Verizon Fios
Thanks so much.

A:Solved: No ip address using net gear wireless adapter on win 2000 professioal

the reasons for 0.0.0.0 are often

------------------------------------------------------------------------
From a Johnwill post

IP addresses of all zeros are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
DHCP Service not running.
Duplicate IP address on the network.
Bad NIC card drivers.
Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.

Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, restart (power cycle) the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.

Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.

Replace the Network Interface Card.

its possible the device is now faulty

lets see an ipconfig /all from a working PC and also from the win2k PC - make sure we know which is which
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-ip-address-using-net-gear-wireless-adapter-on-win-2000-professioal.1034340/
Relevancy 63.21%

I looked in Device Manager and don't see a wireless network adapter but under Network Infrastructue Devices I see "Microsoft Wireless Router Module". Are these the same thing? Thanks for help!

A:Wireless Network Adapter vs. Wireless Router Module

The device listed in Device Manager would most likely be your NIC (Network Interface Card) on your machine. This is the card that sends and receives data to and from your machine.

Wireless Router Module is most likely some software which enables your machine to obtain DHCP requests from your router as well as support other features which would not have been made available with the default settings. Based on the place you found the module 'Network Infrastructure Devices' I can assure you that an infrastructure device is not the same as a NIC

If you are able to provide a screenshot I may be able to offer a better explanation

Hope This Helps,
Josh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297816-wireless-network-adapter-vs-wireless-router-module.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Upon trying to set up my NAT for a VMWare connection i realized that I could not edit any adapter settings. I couldn't change anything because apparently i have no adapters. But that is not the case, i have adapters and am able to get internet connection through wireless and wired connections. My Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller seemed to not be installed correctly, so i tried and reinstall it but every time i do it says incorrect parameter. I have been to dell's site and installed it and i've also been to realtek's site and installed it. Every time it says the same thing... I think it is the realtek that is giving me this problem, but it might not be. I've tried to install it so many times and any way i do it, it just doesn't work. Someone please help me....

A:Dell Studio Window 7 Can't find any network adapter

it's a dell studio 1747 by the way

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73504-dell-studio-window-7-cant-find-any-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 62.78%

is there any solutions for this problem?
it's really bugging me
i already try to fix it by manage the device manager (network adapters)

A:Problem with wireless network adapter or acces network

Hello razuke, Welcome to SevenForums : Can we get a bit more information to assist you ? Please do this : System Info - See Your System Specs . After updating your profile pls do this to enable us to have information to help you out : Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread . Thank you , we will try out best to assist you in this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343229-problem-wireless-network-adapter-acces-network.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Our internet service provider updated our internet speed from 100mbps to 1000mbps for no extra cost. We had a Netgear n150 wireless router but it wouldn't support the 1000mbps speed. We were told we needed to upgrade to a r6300 netgear router which is capable of 1000mbps. Now were are told we need to install an ethernet PCI network card or a network adapter. I am told we have to have a 2.0 port for the network adapter to work. It would be cheaper for us to install the internal Ethernet PCI Card, my problem is I don't know which one to buy. I know we need one that is rated 1000mbps, are these universal or will we have to buy one that fits each brand of computer?

Relevancy 62.35%

I have a desktop running windows 2000 connected to a wireless router with ethernet. I also have a laptop running windows xp connected to the router wirelessly. The each can access the internet perfectly fine...but how do I access the desktop from the laptop. How do I print from the laptop on the printer connected to the desktop. Please help....I have been looking for hours on how to do this and have found no solution.

A:network wireless laptop(xp) with desktop(2000) through wireless router?

you can do a remote desktop connection, provided that you enable it on both machines. you'll need the DNS names of both machines, btw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-wireless-laptop-xp-with-desktop-2000-through-wireless-router.34191/
Relevancy 62.35%

I tried to go through the post but wasn t sure just what I need to do I formatted and reinstalled my Windows Home Premium SP X in my HP Pavilion dv - us Entertainment PC laptop I have been unable to connect to my modem or get on the internet Message is Network Adapter missing I did go and download drivers sp exe and sp because it said I was missing drivers I had reinstall once before and use these and I had no problem but it didn t solve the issue this time and window network install adapter missing after format Solved: 7 from I went to start and did a CMD search and came up Solved: network adapter missing from window 7 after format and install with this Windows IP Configuration Host Name my name was there Primary Dns Suffix this was blank Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled no WINS Proxy Enabled no When I go to Device Manager Listed under Other devices All yellow Ethernet Controller Network Controller Solved: network adapter missing from window 7 after format and install PCI Device SM Bus Controller Universal Serial Bus UBS Controller Universal Serial Bus UBS Controller Unknown Device Unknown Device Can you advise me on what my next step should be Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

i bought a d'link wireless usb 2.0 adapter to connect my broken laptop to wireless
i have a belkin wireless router that is set correctly
my 2 other laptop connect fine with their built in wireless cards with full 5 bars
but when i turn on my laptop with the wireless stick
it only get 1 to 2 bars
and also can't connect to my 360 to listen to music
i called d'link and they said it was the router
then i called belkin and they said it was the usb wireless stick
usb stick - http://www.dlink.ca/products/?pid=473&se...
wireless router - http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...
there is no built in wireless in the broken laptop
thats why i bought the usb wireless for it
i am only 8 feet away from the wireless router
any help would be great
thanks
Vaughn
and also
a friend said windows 7 will be free for people who have purchased vista
is this true?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220559-help-network-usb-wireless-adapter-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Just reinstalled this computer with the Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system. After the installing there was no networks available to connect to. I even connected it through an Ethernet cable and nothing happened. I clicked on the troubleshoot link and windows network diagnostics and it says to Install a driver for your network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver. I tried to reinstall the operating system and nothing change. Not sure what to do. Can anyone help?

A:Solved: Install a driver for your network adapter (HP 2000-369WM Notebook PC)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-install-a-driver-for-your-network-adapter-hp-2000-369wm-notebook-pc.1116142/
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm new to writing command line scripts and am trying to write one that will record time, date, and ip configuration each time my laptop signs on to a network (wireless mainly, but wired as well).

I don't know how to check for a connection in a script or what event is triggered when the network is connected.

Any help is much appreciated.

Relevancy 61.49%

I have a wireless network in my house. This week my neighbour got one too. Now when my laptop boots, it tries to log on to my neighbours network first!

I have listed my network as the first one on the list of preferred networks. I have even removed my neighbours network from the list. Nothing seems to work.

I really don't like disconnecting from my neighbours network prior to logging on my own.

Any ideas?
Mike

Relevancy 60.63%

So recently I made This post on two different sites Including this one in hopes of solving my desktop s internet issues I really do not think that the issue is hardware but if it is I assume it to simply be the ethernet port that was built into the motherboard But anyways I m looking to try and fix the issue and I assume that using a wireless network adapter will fix everything rather than trying t hook up with the ethernet cable Tl dr Computer issues going wireless I Network Adapter Wireless Looking for m not terribly wise when Looking for Wireless Network Adapter it comes to computers especially the Networking bit so I need a little assistance from you all I need suggestions recommendations and information on wireless adapters for Looking for Wireless Network Adapter a desktop I m a gamer if that helps at all What kind of adapter should I look for They plug into the USB right Are the ones that plug into a USB slot different weaker than the ones that plug into my motherboard Should I try to get something Linksys to match up with my Linksys router nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Is there an easy way to get my adapter working again? HP couldn't help. I have a 2006 Compaq Presario V2000 Laptop. My wireless router works fine, but it is not receiving into my laptop. They say I have to do something with the wireless network adapter. Does anybody have any quick tips? Or should I just go ahead and do a PC recovery? Thanks.

A:wireless network adapter down

Does the adapter show up in Device Manager as installed and working properly?
Is wifi enabled? This usually involves either moving a physical switch or pressing a key combination.
What operating system is installed? How are you searching for available wireless networks? Using Windows or the adapter's utility?
What happened recently that might have caused the loss of this functionality?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-down.817027/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everyone I thought I posted this about weeks ago but I can not find it here is my problem network adapter Wireless please I have computer win xp with a linksys pci adapter It connects fine until about a month ago I do not know what happened Now when I try Wireless network adapter to connect it connects and it disconnects in a few seconds DHCP is enabled ping it works fine i ping ip address assigned to computer it works fine ping gateway address request timed out Linksys router wrt g is working ok because I can access the internet ipconfig and i get ip address Wireless network adapter ip address assigned to wireless computer use my host computer and ping this address I get request timed out the problem I cannot use my wireless computer to access the internet and and I need help the little square on right hand side on the task bar it shows connected with excellent signal quality I can see the internet connection square trying to connects and sometime it connects and then disconnects I would appreciate anyhelp very please nbsp

A:Wireless network adapter

Uninstall the driver
reboot the PC
Reinstall the driver

Don't use any static IP address let the PC use DHCP from your router to auto assign the IP address.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-adapter.139342/
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm looking for wireless network USB adapter with greatest gain. Access point is pretty far but managable, and I would like to get as strong signal as possible. I've read reviews on many adapters and they all seem to lack in that category. Cuisco Velvet looks promising but there's not much reviews on it yet.

Any suggestions are appreciated

A:Wireless Network USB Adapter - which one?

If you have a wireless adapter that doesn't have provisions for an external antenna, one adapter that I've had good luck with is a Rosewill RNX-G1 USB Wireless Adapter. It's feature is that is has a removable antenna and will accommodate replacement antennas. I pair mine with this Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna, together they have really good range.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-usb-adapter-which-one.924038/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey so as of yesterday my wireless internet has been ridiculously slow or just not working at all I have spent about days trying to fix the problem or see other peoples solutions online but to no avail So I can connect to the wireless internet and all of that and it never 'drops out' and does say that I have internet access but really I don't Now I have uninstalled the network adapter a lot and this solves the problem for about minutes and then it is back to super slow internet My laptop does work when plugged in to Wireless network adapter help! a Ethernet cable Things I Wireless network adapter help! have tried Running avg scan said threats were removed ran it again and no threats Disabling all startup programs that aren't windows related Running in safe mode this method gives me constant net but still slow not sure if this is expected in safe mode or not Reinstalling wireless network adapter drivers I am using an asus laptop and the driver name is - Atheros AR WB- NG Sent from ipad

A:Wireless network adapter help!

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570276/wireless-network-adapter-help/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am running Vista Home Premium on a Compaq Presario F laptop On the front of the laptop there is a switch which is supposed to turn the computer's wireless adapter on and off a light fix to wireless adapter? What network do to turns blue when on orange when off The switch recently stopped working no matter which position it is in the light What to do to fix wireless network adapter? is orange and I cannot connect to wifi When Windows diagnoses the connection it recommends updating the drivers for the adapter first via Windows Update which did not work and then manually by opening the Device Manager In the Device Manager under Network Adapters I see quot NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller quot and quot Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface quot I attempted to update the drivers for both but a window appears saying they are up to date The icon for the adapter quot Teredo quot has a yellow triangle w exclamation point and clicking on it from the Device Manager gives the message quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code quot When plugged into a router the computer connects to the internet without a problem but it will not connect wirelessly even after restarting and switching the adapter switch off and on Any suggestions

A:What to do to fix wireless network adapter?

If no one has suggestions as to how to fix it, any advice on where to go to have it looked at? Will fixing it probably be relatively expensive?

I have no idea how serious/common of a problem this is...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202238-what-do-fix-wireless-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello guys I'm a tech- savvy momma and wanted to know how can I get my network adapter that was once a router to show up as wireless? I see it as connected wired but it's not. Could it be I don't have a real wireless network adapter? I'm also using ddt-k forums for flashing the router. Can anyone please help?

A:How can I get my network adapter to go wireless?

Hi lascott, welcome to sevenforums.

Can you please post a picture of your network adapters?

Go to start and type "Network and Sharing center" in the search box and open it

Click Change Adapter Settings

Take a screen shot or use the snipping tool and post the Change Adapter Settings window here..

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/354551-how-can-i-get-my-network-adapter-go-wireless.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am wanting to upgrade my current Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter to a faster duel band adapter thats compatible hoping for suggestions.thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/wireless-network-adapter/td-p/5806618
Relevancy 60.63%

Ok I have an issue with my adapter I think. It won't find my wireless signal and when I click repair it does this: http://i13.tinypic.com/7ygdnom.jpg

My wireless switched is turned on and it worked up until yesterday when my laptop mysteriously restarted. I tried to see if I could rollback drivers but I can't and also I did system restore to before this issue occurred and nothing fixed it. If you need to know anything else please ask as I need to get this fixed so that both my computers can be up and running at the same time. Thank you in advanced to anyone who helps me out.

A:wireless network adapter

Tifa__x said:

Ok I have an issue with my adapter I think. It won't find my wireless signal and when I click repair it does this: http://i13.tinypic.com/7ygdnom.jpg

My wireless switched is turned on and it worked up until yesterday when my laptop mysteriously restarted. I tried to see if I could rollback drivers but I can't and also I did system restore to before this issue occurred and nothing fixed it. If you need to know anything else please ask as I need to get this fixed so that both my computers can be up and running at the same time. Thank you in advanced to anyone who helps me out.[/QUOTED]

Do u have anything in Wireless connection list?Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter.662806/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello, I am suddenly not able to connect to the internet.  The little wireless icon in the lower left of the Windows tray displays but only sometimes, and even when it does, it's not displaying any available wireless networks like it usually does.  I went to Device Manager, and made sure the card is enabled, it wasn't so I enabled it, but it's still not working.

Could someone take a look with me?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Hope everyone is having  a nice day.  

A:Wireless Network Adapter down?

Are other devices (if any) able to connect wirelessly?If so, that could indicate that culprit for you is the wireless adapter.It is possible that the wireless adapter has reached the end of its useful life.If that is the case, you can purchase a USB wireless adapter to use.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591258/wireless-network-adapter-down/
Relevancy 60.63%

when I try to connect via my wireless to my network i am getting the error "this computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured" I looked in device manager, the nvidia nforce networking controller is there... says it is working properly. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, but still nothing. any ideas?

running on vista with nvidia nforce networking controller version 6.2.0.126

it was working fine awhile ago, i think until i updated my verizon broadband access manager - i wonder if that screwed something up, but what it messed up i do not know. any help greatly appreciated! ;)

A:wireless network adapter help

Please provide the exact make and mode of your system.
Also, please provide the information in this post: http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-network-adapter-help-425312.html
Relevancy 60.63%

hello all,

being the computer illiterate i am, i was hoping the more experienced among you would be able to help me with my internet problem.

the green computer on the bottom right hand side of the screen which shows my internet connection is green. indeed, when i click on it, it tells me i am connected to the wireless connection with full green bars.

but, contrary to what my computer may 'think' my internet doesnt work!!

when i try to 'repair' the connection, i get this message:

"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Disabling the wireless network adapter. Make sure your network adapter is properly installed"

ive tried disconnecting and reconnecting and also disabling and enabling the connection, but they dont work either.

this just happened spontaneously and i have no idea why!?

please help me...

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter.747402/
Relevancy 60.63%

i have a PDA and i was wondering if i got a USB network adapter would it be difficult to network the 2? the PDA i have is using a CF card that has WiFi already..so would it be hard to make a connection from it if i got the usb wireless network adapter? im a total newbie when it comes to networking.. thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-wireless-network-adapter-and-pda.21414/
Relevancy 60.63%

My HP Vista laptop suddenly will not connect to internet, when days ago it worked by Wifi. I cannot download your TSG... since I cannot access internet on that laptop.

I tried the following:

I select Connect to a network
Windows cannot find any networks

Windows Network Diagnostics
This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured
Install wireless networking hardware, and verify that the correct drivers are loaded

Where did they go? How do I get them back?

Can you connect to the network via Ethernet Cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter.1127644/
Relevancy 60.63%

Please help...
I did a clean install of Windows XP on an old dell laptop. I FINALLY managed to connect it to my FIOS but can not connect it wirelessly b/c the system can't find a wireless network adapter. It was working before but was sooooo slow.
Thanks for any help!

What's the Dell system model?

Did you run the Dell Drivers CD?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496133/wireless-network-adapter/
Relevancy 60.63%

im running windows 7 on my toshiba sattelite L15 S104 and and i cant find a driver for my T60N871 802.11 b/g WLAN wirless adapter. its made by intel but it says foxconn with it also. ive tried toshiba.com and intel.com and still cant find it. does anyone know where i can because i really dont want to go buy a new wirless net work adapter. thanks

yea i tried that but i dont want to have to buy it and it not have the driver that i need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/29023-wireless-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently bought a "Newest 1000mW 1W Wireless G WiFi USB Adapter +Antenna" to enhance my internet reception. I was asked to download a Ralink which I did. Ever since i can only get wireless only when using the antenna device connected to my Dell inspiron 1521 laptop. My laptop cannot connect on its own anymore.

lets see a device manager screen shot
is the internal wireless adapter disabled - dells often use FN + F2 to toggle the wireless on/off
also you may need to change to the dell or windows wireless manager - if using the ralink manager

so also the services
Services

We would like to see some status information for each of the services listed below to do this goto
Control Panel>
Administrative Tools>
Services>

then for each of the servies listed below - Please post back the following status information -
If the service is Started/Stopped
and
If the service is Automatic/Manual
COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations only)
WLAN AutoConfig (Windows 7 & Vista wireless configurations only)
Workstation
If a service is not running,
right click on the service
then click on properties and now check the dependencies.

Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running.

Also to help us identify what may be causing the issue
Check the event log, there may be clues to what is failing. To do that
Start >
control panel >
administrative tools >
event Viewer>
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter.1020997/
Relevancy 60.63%

We have a Linksys Wireless AP at work and we need to buy a new wireless adapter. Will a D-link adapter be compatible with this AP or does it have to be from the same manufacture?

Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Windows XP PC that is not wireless network ready adapter? network Wireless USB I do have a network router in my house and have other wireless network ready computers using it without any problems I currently have the XP machine I Wireless network USB adapter? mentioned Wireless network USB adapter? above networked using a RJ cable from the computer directly to the router I need to move this computer Wireless network USB adapter? to another room and it would be really difficult to run a RJ cable that far I was wondering about the installation and setup I am hoping I can just plug a wireless network adapter into one of the computers USB ports and I m quite sure the necessary drivers for it will automatically install I am hoping that a icon will show in the windows task bar at the bottom of the screen and that all I should have to do is click on that icon and provide the router password - do this sound like what I can expect Anyone bought and install one of these that they can recommend that will install and work easily If so please provide the devices manufacturer nbsp

A:Wireless network USB adapter?

There are numerous USB wireless adapters you can choose from and buy.

Just make sure you buy a model that supports Windows XP SP3.

After you connect it to a USB port, you need to install the software driver for it.

Also make sure that Wireless Zero Configuration in the "Services" list is set on Automatic and started.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-usb-adapter.1115042/
Relevancy 60.63%

my computer won't connect to the internet. It says my wireless network adapter is not connected and I can't get it to connect. can you help me figure it out? Thanks, rosario1

A:no wireless network adapter

Has it worked previously? Is this a fresh install of the operating system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-wireless-network-adapter-573486.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a V5-571P laptop(64 bit) which has been running on Windows 10 since launch of Windows 10 - with no problems.However, after a recent automatic update for Windows 10 and on start up I get a notification that the Broadcom 802.11 network adapter wireless network controller is incompatible and I can't connect to the internet wirelessly (only ethernet). Have had Microsoft help trying to resolve remotely but without success. Looking at Acer website v5-571P isn't listed for Windows 10 support. Can anyone suggest a solution?

A:Windows 10 - wireless network adapter

Try this driver:http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Wireless%20LAN/Wireless%20LAN_Broadcom_7.35.267.0_W10... uninstall the prvious driver, then download and install the newer 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Windows-10-wireless-network-adapter/td-p/410919/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an acer aspire laptop operating windows 7. Following virus issues the installation was restored theoretically with backed up files

main issue is that it is not showing a wireless adapter
Driver updates don't work
The device manager is showing a device but I believe its the ethernet cable connection

A:Wireless network adapter missing

Can you post a screen shot of what is showing in Device Manager, make sure the Network section is expanded

How to post a screenshot: http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-missing.1115402/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello TSF,
My Computer Is A Dell Dimension 4700
Window XP HE Version 2002 SP3
Intel Pentium 4

My Problem Is That Whenever I Have My Belkin Wireless Network Adapter Plugged In I Get Several Types Of BSOD. So I Have To Run My Computer In Safe Mode To Surf The Web, But I Occasionally Get The BSOD.
Any Help Will Be Appreciated.

A:BSOD Only When Wireless Network Adapter.

Follow the instructions here> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Lets see if the BSOD dump file(s) can tell us whats going on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-only-when-wireless-network-adapter-652038.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I read through a couple of posts on this site and took the suggestions.

My wireless network adapter is missing from my device manager. I checked the BIOS and it was disabled so I enabled it. But it had an ! next to it and a warning that the adapter would not boot if there was an ! next to it.

What should my next step be?

A:Wireless Network Adapter Missing

That would indicate you are missing the driver. That would either be on a cd or you can go to www.hp.com and put in the model number of your pc and download the right driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-missing.789139/
Relevancy 59.77%

After installing the driver for my Linksys wireless thing, sorry I don't know what to call it. Basically the antenna on the back of my computer that gives it wireless internet.

So anyways, it came with a program called "Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with Speed Booster". And it always starts up and freezes whenever it starts. It's really annoying, im using the Windows Wireless program. But it still pops up whenever I start up my computer.

How do I get rid of it? Because when I try to uninstall it, it uninstalls the driver for my wireless.

---------------------------------

Computer Specs:
* System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3
* Computer:
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
2.79 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

Relevancy 59.77%

I just went on my laptop HP G and I can t connect to the internet I tried flicking the wireless switch Adapter Wireless disappeared?! Network on and off and nothing happens I tried to open up HP Wireless Assistant and it wouldn t open When I try and diagnose the problem I get faced with quot This Computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured quot quot Install wireless networking hardware and verify that the correct drivers Wireless Network Adapter disappeared?! are loaded quot This is complete rubbish I have been on the internet wirelessly for the last Wireless Network Adapter disappeared?! year or so without any problems So how can I suddenly not have a wireless network adapter I went on Device Manager and clicked on my Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller and according to that all the drivers are working properly and there are no more installs that can applied ie its up to date The only thing I can think of is a Windows update that I did fairly recently even so it shouldn t have just made the whole wireless disappear Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Could you also try to explain things as simply as possible thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I got a problem that really driving me crazy I can't establish any wi-fi connections despite fact that I am in wi-fi area Problem appear about month ago without a reason I do it say`s not PC adapter is but turned Wireless network on, is not changed hardware or any other crucial Wireless network adapter is turned on, but PC say`s it is not software I have Asus N SM notebook which have option to manually switch on off wireless adapter So Wireless network adapter is turned on, but PC say`s it is not if it is manually turned off there is a picture of wi-fi antenna with red cross on it but if it is turned on but there are no available connections it shows icon of signal strength with red cross on it So no matter what I do and how many wi-fi connections are there icon shows that wi-fi adapter is not turned on at all picture of wi-fi antenna with red cross on it My PC recently returned from repair service which said that problem is in my OS and used drivers despite fact that I tried several versions of Windows and even Windows no matter which OS I use problem stays Every time when I tried to reinstall Windows I used original driver CD which came with PC so drivers work well because earlier more than a year it worked without any problem After all drivers are set in device manager section quot other devices quot -- gt quot Network controller quot there is quot quot which says that not all drivers were installed successfully I dunno how could it happen if driver CD is original It is quite possible that Windows Update could get needed updates but I do not have access to the wi-fi and Internet And why components which previously worked well now refuse to install correctly P s driver CD is clean and without a scratches

A:Wireless network adapter is turned on, but PC say`s it is not

Well; at this point what i would do is go into the device manager section of the system section of the control panel and remove any wireless adapters listed in the system section. Then reboot and let windows hopefully re-detect and reinstall the adapter(s). Also, one other thing to try is to power cycle your network equipment. Unplug the power cords to both the router and modem; wait about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that fully boot; then plug the router back in and let that fully boot. Try both of these things and see what happens. If neither of these solve your issue; post back and we can take it from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343506-wireless-network-adapter-turned-but-pc-say-s-not.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hi anyone, I have a dell inspirion 5100 laptop. I just reformattted it and i am having problems with getting the network driver for the wireless adapter to work. It doesent seem to be working! Anyone have any solutions? thank you.........peter

Relevancy 59.77%

I have two new wireless usb adapters:

TP-Link TL-WN722N
Cisco Linksys AE1000
I have been trying to get at least one to work with Windows 7 32-bit. I have tried the CD drivers, Microsoft update drivers, and drivers from the respective companies themselves, yet nothing works. When I go to adapter setting I can see it disabled, but when I try to enable it never does. Has anyone else been able to get these to work on Windows 7. I have tried them on Windows XP 32-bit without a problem.

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, I have an issue with my D-link wireless network adapter. I've been trying to disable it and get a better signal, and sometimes it says it has a connection with 2 out of 4 bars but the internet will stop working for no reason. I used to be able to disable the network and repair it by right clicking the icon in the tray, when that stopped working I went to the device manager and did it that way but now that has stopped working. I got a message saying my computer hardware settings had changed and my computer needed to be restarted, and after that I could no longer disable the wireless adapter from the device manager. It's been screwy all around for months. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-cant-disable.629542/
Relevancy 59.77%

I m having problems with my USB wireless network adapter It was working perfectly I could use it to allow both my Xbox and PS to connect to the internet until it got knocked from it s socket a couple of days ago After reinserting the dongle however Vista refused to assign it an IP continually giving it a address Just to Wireless network adapter issue add my computer is connected to a wired network which is working absolutely fine it s just the USB wireless adapter that is pulling up an APIPA IP I Wireless network adapter issue figured that it had been damaged given tha the rather cheap plastic casing had popped open and the small board inside Wireless network adapter issue had bent slightly away from it s USB connector so I ordered a newer sturdier one from a different manufacturer However when I connected the new one to my PC I got the same issue still assigning it a xxx xxx address I have tried updating the drivers for both adapters power cycling the entire network winsockfix ipconfig release and ipconfig renew both error out with An error occured while releasing interface Wireless Network Connection An address has not yet been associated with the network endpoint for release and An error occured while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection Unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out Given that I am getting the same error on two seperate pieces of hardware I think it s extremely unlikely that it s a hardware issue I am extremely confused as to what the problem could be HALP nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

plz delete this ! and replay in second one

A:Wireless network adapter problem

can you do a system restore prior to that update?

System Restore

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130532-wireless-network-adapter-problem.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Help, I can't seem to connect my laptop to my wireless netwrok.

when I click windows network diagnostics, it says 'this computer does not have a wirless network adapter installed and configured.' I dont understand, as it was working fine yesterday.
can anyone help?

p.s. its a toshiba laptop, 32bit

A:wireless network adapter not found?

Does the wireless adapter show in Device Manager under Network Adapters?

Any warnings or errors in Device Manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-not-found.842105/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have my hp dv6 1152tx laptop but the wireless connection is not working after i updated it to windows 7 from vista. I have downloaded the latest driver update for win 7 driver pack sp45524 but still it is not working. i have tried check if the wifi is turned off from bios but i cannot find it there too.checked it on manage wireless network but it is saying my wireless is not enabled.Red cross on network in task bar.no icon of wifi in mobility centeri cannot even find my driver in device manager.i installed broadcom sp45524 but still nothing has worked.

A:Wireless network adapter not working DV6

Hi: See if installing this utility and restarting the PC allows you to turn on the wireless network adapter by using the software interface. This package contains the HP Wireless Assistant for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. The HP Wireless Assistant is a user application that provides a way to control the enablement of individual wireless devices (such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or WWAN devices) and that shows the state of the radios for these wireless devices. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45222.exe There is also a newer driver you can use for the BCM wireless card your notebook has... 5.100.82.139   Jul 13, 2012 http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57965.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-network-adapter-not-working-DV6/td-p/5796883
Relevancy 59.77%

A friend of mine brought his IBM Think Pad T20 over because he just got this new Linksys Wireless Network Adapter and he cant get it to work. He installed the software for it and when he inserted the wireless card his whole computer froze up. As soon as he pulls it out, his computer works just fine. But every time he inserts it, it freezes. I went to the linksys website for tech support and the only option they have to help you with this perticular product is if you are actually on the computer with the card in. But as soon as he inserts it he cant do anything let alone get online.
Anybody have any idea's, please let me know.

Thanks A lot!

A:wireless network adapter problem

if there is another version of the wireless software for the adapter, try installing that software. i also recommend trying a spare wireless adapter. in some circumstances the adapter could be incompatible with the laptop. good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-adapter-problem-76668.html
Relevancy 59.77%

so i have a netgear wireless network adapter, it works for a bit but then it just says no internet access. My brother has the exact same adapter and has no issues. I am in safe mode with networking and it works, so i assume its a software issue. Any ideas? i will post any info needed. thank you!

A:Wireless Network Adapter is quitting on me!

I am in safe mode with networking and it works, so i assume its a software issue. Any ideas?Click to expand...

Top suspect is a firewall or security suite. What is, or ever was, on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-is-quitting-on-me.1097637/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,

Having an issue getting this adapter to run smoothly in Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have installed the driver from the site and it runs ok to a point:

WG111 - NETGEAR.com

- The install comes with Netgear wireless software that scans for the hotspot and I am able to connect to my home wireless network. Somehow both the Netgear software and Windows Network and Sharing Center are connected; when I reboot the computer, I need to use the Netgear software to connect to my network, and then Network and Sharing Center is able to map my network successfully.

However when I try to connect to my wireless via Network and Sharing Center alone I'm not able to do it. I have to use the Netgear software first.

How can I configure this so that the network is automatically setup when my computer boots?

Thanks

A:Netgear Wireless-G USB Network Adapter

Most wireless devices come with software that will look for and connect to local wireless networks. I do not have your software, but it may have a "profiles" setting that will allow connection when that newtwork is detected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/77073-netgear-wireless-g-usb-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello guys

When i bought my laptob it was without any operating system to save some money, because i had my own windows 7 32 bit. I installed it and everything worked, except that the laptop could not detect any wireless network adapter. Luckily i had a friend who's brother could help me. Unfortunately i do not know how or what he did, but some how he managed to make it work.

But a few months later i wanted to upgrade my 32 bit to 64, since i could only use ,4 GB ram,So i bought a win 7 ultimate 64 bit and installed it. Now i face the same problem, my laptop can not detect any wireless network adapter,

I hope you guys can help me, because this is really freaking me out. specially because this is my office laptop and without any internet acces i can't participate in office works.

A:can not detect any wireless network adapter

Hi have you gone to hp support and download and install the wireless driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371957-can-not-detect-any-wireless-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

My internet had stopped working for some reason, so I decided to re-install the wireless network adapter, because it usually makes the internet work again.

So I deleted the wireless network adapter, and then I tried clicking "Scan for hardware changes", but the network adapter doesnt install. So its gone now, which is why internet just isnt working. How can I get it back?

Hi,

If you can connect your computer to your router with the ethernet cable. That can get you on the internet.

Then with the name of your wireless adapter you can search for your wireless adapter driver.

What you could do before doing the above is to restart your computer again it should recognize that there is a hardware change and install the required driver itself or prompt you for the driver by stepping through a on screen instructions.

Follow the instruction for checking online.

See how you go with the above steps, and let us know.

Regards

Eamonn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-problem.1084202/
Relevancy 59.77%

I think I disabled the wireless network adapter and now can't find it to enable it. It does not show up in the Devise Manager under Network adapters. Any thoughts?

A:Can not locate wireless network adapter

Quote: Originally Posted by bsanford121

I think I disabled the wireless network adapter and now can't find it to enable it. It does not show up in the Devise Manager under Network adapters. Any thoughts?

Hi bsanford121,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please let us know how did you disable it as it should be detecting in device manager.

Also, let us know model number for your system as there is a different shortcut key for every system to disable/enable the wireless card.

Kindly check a similar discussion here which would be useful for you:

Enable wireless adaptor

Hope it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288587-can-not-locate-wireless-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there

I have a dell Inspiron 6400, and just recently when coming out of sleep mode there is no connection available to the internet.

Windows network system reports that a reset of the wireless adapter may fix the problem (Hardware reset). Usually I end up doing a complete reboot to reset the adapter in the laptop. (Annoying)

Is there any way of getting vista to stop switching off the adapter when in sleep mode. It didn't use to do this, and I was wondering if an automatic update has caused this, or if it's a hardware problem.

Vista Business Edition, SP1, Dell Inspiron 6400 with Intel(R) Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network adapter

A:Wireless Network Adapter Problems

Yep....go to Device Manager and rt. click on the wireless adapter, select properties. In the Properties window select the Power Management tab and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device". Click on OK and restart the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-problems.757171/
Relevancy 59.77%

I just upgraded my home network with wireless N.
USB wireless adapter is dlink DWA-130C, driver installed properly and windows 7 32bit detected it correctly as DWA-130C on device manager but it could not find any network in my area.
When I do troubleshoot, windows tell me that driver may not installed properly.
FYI it happened with my older G USB adapter too, when I uninstall the driver to update, it installed normally but then it does not detect any network. I have to do system restore to make it work again.
Any idea?

A:USB wireless adapter does not detect any network

Quote: Originally Posted by denox

I just upgraded my home network with wireless N.
USB wireless adapter is dlink DWA-130C, driver installed properly and windows 7 32bit detected it correctly as DWA-130C on device manager but it could not find any network in my area.
When I do troubleshoot, windows tell me that driver may not installed properly.
FYI it happened with my older G USB adapter too, when I uninstall the driver to update, it installed normally but then it does not detect any network. I have to do system restore to make it work again.
Any idea?

Hi denox and welcome

You might want to un-install and re-install in safe mode (F8). You still 32bit?
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/45616-usb-wireless-adapter-does-not-detect-any-network.html
Relevancy 59.77%

First of all I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to computers So please bare with me I have a laptop HP HDX - OUS Premium Notebook PC I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium Version I connect to the internet through the wireless adapter that's built into my laptop I've never had any problems with it until tonight I was on the internet when all the sudden my connection went down At first I thought it was my adapter network My disappeared. wireless internet service But all the other computers in the house are My wireless network adapter disappeared. connecting to the internet just fine So I try to re-connect to the internet on my My wireless network adapter disappeared. laptop and I get this This computer does not have My wireless network adapter disappeared. a wireless network adapter installed and configured I just don't get it How can my wireless network adapter just suddenly disappear One more thing Last night I did turn my laptop over so I could blow dust out of the fan But my internet worked just fine after that I'm thinking maybe I jiggled something loose And it took until tonight for the damage to show up I'm so confused right now

A:My wireless network adapter disappeared.

Welcome to the Forums.

If you right click on Computer
then click Device Manager
look for Network Adapters

one should say Wireless,
right click on it and click Properties
then click the Driver tab

If it somehow got disabled one of the buttons should say
Enable.

If you don't see that the quick fix may be to use a Restore Point if you
have a recent one. Just before the problem is usually the best so you do
not lose a lot of settings recently changed.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/303989-my-wireless-network-adapter-disappeared.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Guyz,

I dont know where to post this....but i am having a very big problem with my wireless adapter.

suddenly during working my connection got lost...i am able to connect thru ethernet.
In device manager..my device manager is showing an excalamation mark over the network adapter with error code as 'Device can not be started'
when i am uninstalling and resinstlaling the driver two drivers are coming
Intel pro wireless 39454BAG and Intel pro wireless 39454BAG-Miniport work scheduler..The second one when double clicked showing fine.
but the first onw is getting installed everytime.
Please help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-in-network-wireless-adapter.77525/
Relevancy 59.77%

I've recently bought a new network adapter after eliminating my old one as the cause of my extremely slow/weak signal problems. Now the speed & reception is much higher, howEVER, it seems like every single time I turn on the computer, the adapter is flagged as an "unrecognised USB device" by Win7, so I have to go into "Adapter Settings" and "Disable/Enable" just to get the thing to work. There is the rare occasion when I don't have to do that but lets say 8/10 times, I have to reset the thing just so Windows can "see it". This is ofcourse, with the driver fully installed.

Does anyone know how I can just make the thing work as intended? This wasn't mentioned in the manual LOL!

The adapter is a TP-Link (USB 2 device in a USB 2 port), OS: Win7 Ultimate 64bit.

Thanks!

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/wireless-network-adapter-issues.311797/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Amateur in need of assistance I have a HP Pavilion dv nr network adapter Missing wireless laptop I purchased the machine about years ago and had minimal issues Just last week i noticed my wireless was disconnected orange light I Missing wireless network adapter didn t think much of it and tried to restart my computer I have not been able to use my wireless since I can connect wired to my router I also know the issue is not with my router since the other wireless devices in my house work fine The driver is missing from the device manager and I have tried to reinstall drivers from HP s site but they have not installed correctly I am not super technical and at a loss on what steps to take next I would appreciate any help you could provide If additional information is needed please let me know Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta B None Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Thanks Marla nbsp

A:Missing wireless network adapter

The driver is missing from the device manager and I have tried to reinstall drivers from HP's site but they have not installed correctly.Click to expand...

What happens ?

Drivers for wireless from HP site here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3370371#N2090

Have you tried to remove the adapter and then let windows detect on a reboot and then install the drivers
to remove the adapter - goto device manager right click on the adapter and uninstall
would you post back an image of device manager

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-wireless-network-adapter.957763/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi All,

Recently my roommate moved out and I had to get my own internet service. Prior to the change my D-Link DWA-125 was working fine. After the change I can see the network; however, I couldn't connect. I decided to re-installed the driver and now it's not picking up any network. All other wireless devices are connected. So it's not the signal. The driver is updated.

Also I tried installing another wireless usb adapter and it's the same result. While installing the driver I would get a message saying I aborted the installation and the adapter can not be found. I can see it in the "device manager". Could it be a firewall or virus program preventing it?

Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Wireless USB adapter isn't picking up my network

Please uninstall all the drivers and if they don't successfully uninstall all the way I recommend you downloading something called Driver Fusion from the following site: http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion

and it will completely wipe all traces of the wireless adapters and then you will need to re-install the latest versions of the adapter drivers and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-usb-adapter-isnt-picking-up-my-network.187917/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a linksys wireless N router and a linksys wireless N adapter model WMP300N and its HORRIBLE..keeps disconnecting from the network and its only 2 rooms away..i need a new adapter can anyone help me out please?!

A:Best wireless N network adapter for vista?

Maybe you should investigate why that adapter is having a problem, it could be driver issues, wireless interference, etc. That adapter has a decent reputation, so I'd try to track down the source of the issue before just buying a different adapter. I think you're jumping the gun here on replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-wireless-n-network-adapter-for-vista.775686/
Relevancy 59.77%

Un-connected my router, and have experienced this wireless problem on my laptop again.

"Repair Wireless Network Connection
Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
Disabling the wireless network adapter.
Make sure your network adapter is properly installed."

Managed to resolve this before somehow, but more trouble this time.
I can disable the Atheros network adapter in the device manager, no updated drivers found, can even turn wireless button on/off, none have worked. So I tried all the steps found in this old threat with same problem, to no avail:

http://forums.techguy.org/4152368-post6.html

On the 2nd point there of running: rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf

I get

"Rundll
Error in setupapi
Missing entry:installhinfsection"

Desperate for help here!

A:Cannot disable the wireless network adapter

Did you try downloading and installing the wireless drivers. Don't just let it search for updated drivers. Did you try disabling the wireless in the BIOS? That will certainly disable it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-disable-the-wireless-network-adapter.697213/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a problem with wireless usb network adapter(Tenda W541U) and therefore I can not connect to the internet. In network and sharing center adapter is listed as disabled but when I try to enable it says "Enabling... then Enabled" but actually after that it is still listed as disabled. It is enabled in Device manager, I also reinstalled the drivers but problem is still there. I'm 100% sure that there is nothing wrong with wireless adapter, I tested it on another computer and it works perfectly. I suppose there is something corrupted in registry cause yesterday it worked and today when I turned on the computer it didn't work anymore. Operating system is Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Maybe it needs a software to use. Does the device come with a software utility?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/56023-wireless-network-adapter-problem.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Problem is simple yet strange I put in the CD that comes with the wireless USB Network Adapter after the installation is comeplete the wizard then says to connect the actual USB - the installation is then completed The wireless USB shows a blue light when it is plugged in and is working correctly It will work for a good while several hours until I have to restart my computer When the computer is restarted many times not every time USB Adapter Wireless-N Network issue the USB network adapter light will not come on and will act as if it is not plugged in So I take it Wireless-N USB Network Adapter issue out wait seconds and put it back in Nothing happens I then try a different USB slot once plugged into the new slot the USB network adapter light will come on and installs quot new quot drivers Drivers I thought the CD installed This goes on until i have reinstalled the exact drivers in all my USB slots x Once I reach the th one and restart my computer none of the USB slots respond to the network adapter I then am forced to go back to square one and put the CD back in just to get the device to work and the process goes on and on and on -I would like to keep the adapter in the same USB slot forever -Why can t I and what am I doing wrong here USB slots all appear to be fine all are USB mouse devices memory sticks mp players all work fine in all my USB slots HELP Asus G -vt x Vista Home Premium SP Centrino Intel Core Duo Ghz GB RAM GeForce m GS nbsp

A:Wireless-N USB Network Adapter issue

if more info is needed.. just let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-n-usb-network-adapter-issue.860094/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys

My mother got a hold of the family netbook and deleted the drivers for my wireless network adapter. I can't seem for the life of me to get the drivers to come back and I went online and found them but that didn't work either.

My netbook can't even see that there's a wireless adapter in the computer. What can I do to fix this? I have a Samsung N150 Plus NetBook with windows 7 starter.

Kimie

Relevancy 59.77%

i have never had any problems connecting wirelessly to internet. when i attempted to access wi-fi internet at hotel with laptop, i got the error message "no wireless networks available". The Vista help support suggested that i may need to update my driver, but when i attempted to do so, it stated that my driver had most recent updates. Can someone please help, or clarify why my laptop is not recognizing the available network?

Relevancy 59.77%

I've followed some on the steps provided on here, but I still can not connect to the internet via wireless option error message appears as "there might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter" I've downloaded the latest version from the Dell support site and it still doesn't work. please help. I'm available to connect if I plug in the Ethernet cable directly to my laptop.

A:Wireless network adapter not working

Welcome jeccajo2013

Is there a button on the laptop that turns the wireless ON/OFF ? My step-daughter forgets to check this all the time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310537-wireless-network-adapter-not-working.html