Windows Support Forum

Should I replace my Router

Q: Should I replace my Router

I have been pondering on replacing my Router. I have the Netgear RT314. Its about 4 years old now. It works but I'm wondering if I would get better performance meaning faster speeds if I replaced it with a newer one. Seems when I plug direct into my modem I see a good deal of speed difference. I have the most up to date firmware on the Router. I'm not sure if the Router just finally starts to loose its ability to function at its fullest after so many years. Its a 10/100.

So I thought I would see what others thought.
Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Should I replace my Router

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 56.33%

've got 4 computers configured on the 10 mbps router -1 ethernet port- hooked to the 10/100 switch--5 ethernet ports-- (which I'm going to dc). what configurations should I write down off the computers and what programs should be deleted before I delete the old router and install the new software for the new 10/100 router to make the process go smoothly. thx btw, I love the firewall in the old router can the old router be hooked to one port of the new router and into my main internet computer, just for it's hardware firewall?

A:getting ready to replace my 10 mbps wired router with a new 10/100 router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-ready-to-replace-my-10-mbps-wired-router-with-a-new-10-100-router.489966/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm currently connected to the internet via a Linksys router that is wired only.What i need to know is what is the best wireless router available at this time that i can get to replace my current wired router based on your own experiences with wireless.There are two computers and an xbox 360 on my network.Thanks for your assistance!

A:Best wireless router to replace my wired router

Quote: Originally Posted by Dsmith148

I'm currently connected to the internet via a Linksys router that is wired only.What i need to know is what is the best wireless router available at this time that i can get to replace my current wired router based on your own experiences with wireless.There are two computers and an xbox 360 on my network.Thanks for your assistance!

Hi and welcome

Stick with linksys either G, or N. I have had nightmares with netgear,dlink, etc

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/46634-best-wireless-router-replace-my-wired-router.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi

I have been with Virgin Media for a few months and I find their router a real pain and its wireless connection keeps dropping out and I can only connect my laptop using a ethernet connection.

So, my question is this - is there a reliable alternative DSL Router that I could buy to replace the Virgin one that doesn't drop out?

Thanks

A:Replace DSL Router for Virgin Media DSL Router

Yes. I am on Virgin as well. Firstly is it an all in one device or is there a modem that then connects to the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-dsl-router-for-virgin-media-dsl-router.1008008/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an old router. It's a D-link DIR-625. Lately it seems like browsing on my laptop and tablet have been sluggish. Could it be wearing out or has technology passed it by? I'm wondering if I should replace it.

A:When to replace a router

There are numerous other things that could effect Internet traffic. Of the most common in my area is bad service from ISP (bad lines or equipment).

Resetting your router could help if it is the router causing the issue. Simply unplugging it is not enough to do a full reset of all settings.

What does running http://www.speedtest.net/ state your connection rate is and does it match what you are paying for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-to-replace-a-router.208133/
Relevancy 51.6%

My router dies and has to be disconnected and connected over and over again. The signal strength sucks and it always causes problems. I worked fine for about a year and a half and for the past 2-3 weeks, it has become undependable.

Is it the router? Could it be a setting? and what router brand do you recommend BESIDES LINKSYS because Linksys is really starting to p- me off.

btw: i have a Linksys BEFW11S4

Relevancy 51.17%

Our internet connection is a Mpbs cable modem via our local cable company I have been using an old very old Linksys router with DD-WRT firmware for the wireless connectivity in our home It worked OK with iDevices an Android tablet and our Roku streaming device for the TV but had some issues when our IP phone from the cable company was in use The Linksys router died and I replaced the cable modem and dead router with a combination modem router from the cable company it was free Wireless connection speeds went up with the new unit but it router old replace to with Need one... newer has constant issues with the Roku streaming puck Netflix and Amazon Instant Video will stop connecting during viewing or be unable to connect ad all The Roku unit is just unable to connect to the Need to replace old router with newer one... internet despite good signal strength The cable company says it's a DNS issue but are unable to make it work which is unusual as they are normally top notch on support Absolutely no issues with the ethernet connected PC in either setup I want to go back to a cable modem with an external router but am not sure what router to get Suggestions please

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381786-need-replace-old-router-newer-one.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am replacing my current cable modem and wifi router with new ones. Does it matter in which order I replace them ? Thanks

A:Question; replace modem or router first?

modem first. might need to get it activated first - call comcast etc. or DIY in web browser (however it does not always work).
then router so it can connect fresh to internet with new modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-replace-modem-or-router-first.1146606/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all The laptop in question is a Toshiba Satellite A -S A few weeks ago it got dropped right on its adapter? Replace the replace the or jack power corner Replace the power jack or replace the adapter? with the power plug still in it the little metal plug of the AC adapter is now slightly crooked and the power jack has a little chip off the plastic part of it Anyway after this mishap it worked fine for another weeks and then suddenly this week it s refusing to power up Its battery has been shot for a while can t hold a charge and I ve been using it with the battery out Why the sudden refusal to boot I took the whole thing apart---minus the little chip the power jack looks totally fine and cosmetically sound Put the whole thing back together taking care to check that plugs were snug---still no power Stuck in the crappy battery booted just fine and then shut itself down after like minutes How likely is it that it s the power jack which is broken And why did it take this long to crap out if it IS broken A new one of those silly jacks costs over on eBay so I want to make sure that it s the jack before I just up and buy one Of course if it s the AC adapter that s broken that would cost even more Bah Input nbsp

A:Replace the power jack or replace the adapter?

AND/OR inside the case the the jack is soldered directly to the motherboard. Is also possible that
1) It's already cracked
2) If not yet, it's gonna crack

So look to see what connection looks like between power jack and motherboard, If you feel u wanna/can re-solder yourself or the typically price to redo the whole power thing seems to run $125 parts/labor/warranty if you take it somewhere. So how much is it all worth to you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-the-power-jack-or-replace-the-adapter.121170/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I need Replace in Find Column) different (but Replace & a to Find & Replace (but Replace in a different Column) know if there is a function perhaps a Macro or Query or a more complex Find amp Replace that can accomplish the following cause my database is huge amp I m hoping not to do this manually I keep an Access database for my homeowners association on the condition amp conformity of different exterior attributes for about townhomes The Board of Directors wants to move away from using the term quot Grandfathered quot which is distinguished by the acronym quot GF quot in the database column that shows conformity labeled IAW We use this database to generate annual architectural reports for our residents Our board wants the entry quot GF quot replaced with a quot Y quot they want the GF entry removed from the report completely amp they re serious about it Now I have already created a Query that has located all the GF entries in their various columns of various records which our Board wants me to use in an internal quot in-office quot database in order to keep track of what attributes actually were grandfathered originally as a reference for our field inspector when he inspects the townhomes But we also want to create an unassuming symbol on the report perhaps an or a something that will alert the inspector to an attribute that once was grandfathered on his field report This is to be done so that he will not be flying blind when he comes across a non-conforming attribute i e he will see the symbol amp know that that symbol means there used to be a quot GF quot in it s place BUT we want to move that symbol to a different column a column labeled quot Comments quot I could run the Find amp Replace function find all the GF s amp replace them with a Y but that symbol would go right back in the very same column that the GF came out of So is there a way to find all the GF s in one column amp replace them w a Y in that same column but have a symbol quot quot appear in another column of the same record I know it sounds complicated but can it be done Thanks mark man Access nbsp

A:Find & Replace (but Replace in a different Column)

see attached. But actually getting that data back to the table, if that is what you want, is a bit trickier.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-replace-but-replace-in-a-different-column.709333/
Relevancy 40.85%

For some reason W7 has decided to change 'Copy and Replace' with 'Move and Replace' when picking a file up with the left mouse and dragging it to another folder where an old version of the file exists.

My Excel SS is in two places: My desktop and USB which I use for backup. I would simply open the folder on the USB pick up the file on the desktop with the left mouse and drag it to the USB folder. Then I would get the message 'Copy and Replace'.. But not anymore it's become 'Move and Replace'.

I know I can 'Copy and Replace' by holding down the Ctrl key but I dont want to.

It looks like there should be a simple answer

Can anyone help? I swear I didnt change anything.

A:How can I 'Copy and Replace' not 'Move and Replace'.

Hi,
Have you ever tried right click drag and drop ?
There will be a list option after you drop,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334529-how-can-i-copy-replace-not-move-replace.html
Relevancy 39.56%

We have Ecobyte find not replace Need utility and robust Replace - a 2.2 text but Text Like a TON of text based INI files for our companies software deployment scripts We also have a TON of people who use different ways to deploy the same software On one server alone we can have a bunch of different ways people install E G msiexec exe quiet norestart i dfs dfsshare SAV Symant msi msiexec exe quiet norestart i lt qt gt server Need a robust text find and replace utility - Like Ecobyte Replace Text 2.2 but not share WIN Symantec Client Security msi lt qt gt msiexec exe quiet norestart i server share SAV WIN Symantec Client Security msi msiexec exe quiet norestart i lt qt gt dfs dfsshare SAV Symantec Client Security msi lt qt gt and so on down the line I LIKE the abilities of Ecobyte Replace Text but the problem is I have to type in the whole line as it is in the file to then replace it with the new one for the new deployment What I want to do is have a search based on PART of the line so I can then put in Symant msi and Symantec Client Security msi and replace the ENTIRE line with a new line Is there any multi file utility that allows you to search for part of a text line but replace the entire text line nbsp

A:Need a robust text find and replace utility - Like Ecobyte Replace Text 2.2 but not

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-robust-text-find-and-replace-utility-like-ecobyte-replace-text-2-2-but-not.837870/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok now its been a while since my pc has not been working Ive had it for just over a year now One day i turned it on and it would get to the Bios splash page but it would not go any further There were no beeps nothing All fans run and from what i remember hard drives would start spinning too I thought maybe it was a replace that replace.. is the To to or question. not PSU problem as the PSU would have very subtle flickering sounds almost like sparking cables However after taking the PSU to a technician they said it was working fine This cost me AUD What he then told me was that it may be the mobo But before i go and send it to a proper technician and fork out X amount of money id like to get your opinion As i mentioned above The pc turns on doesnt boot past the BIOS splash screen and just stays there There are odd noises from the PSU Here is my setup ASUS A N -SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon PC- x gb CAS To replace or not to replace.. that is the question. Corsair DDR mem Radeon X GTO Iceturbo Thermaltake w power supply Maxtor gb Maxline III WD Raptor GB Creative Audigy ZS I have not had the guts to take anything out and test them individually But has anyone had or heard of this problem before What could it be about the motherboard that would also make the PSU make that noise Is it just a safety mechanism of the PSU SOS nbsp

A:To replace or not to replace.. that is the question.

Hi and welcome to Techspot!!

Test the RAM sticks individually. One of them might be bad. You can use Memtest86 to try them out.

Also, try them in different memory slots. That sometimes helps.

Regards :wave:

BTW, Great thread title

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-replace-or-not-to-replace-that-is-the-question.75301/
Relevancy 32.68%

I now have an ethernet network using the Linksys router that I received when I signed up for Vonage (which I recommend and like very much). I would like to make my network wireless, but I would rather not have to spend the big bucks for the Vonage wireless telephone router, since they give no rebate to existing customers--bummer! So, my question is: Linksys' website doesn't recommend using a router to a router, and they do recommend an access point. How does that work? I don't know what an access point is and I would like advice on the best and most economical way to maintain my Vonage service and start a wireless network.
Thanks.

A:Access point to router OR router to router?

You can use a wireless router as an access point. You just don't use the Wan port of the Wireless router. You connect it to one of the lan switch ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-point-to-router-or-router-to-router.433041/
Relevancy 32.68%

Okay, here's what i have to say in brief:
I have this internet connection connected to my pc, i have another NIC installed for routing this internet to other computers. I have TP-LINK Wireless router and all I want to do is connect the internet to my PC first then connect router to my PC via another NIC so that the router can route that internet!
Any help is highly appreciated; i have been trying hard but really end up in dead-end everytime
I connected my router's WAN port via 2nd NIC and set the router to static mode (don't know what i have to do here)

A:Share my PC's internet using router (pc to router and router to other)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/share-my-pcs-internet-using-router-pc-to-router-and-router-to-other.959122/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hope this isn't confusing but, my internet provider (my cable company) came in to set up a wireless modem/router when we upped our internet speed today. We have three desktop computers which are hard wired to our existing Linksys router which we have been using previously. Would it be in our best interest to turn off the wireless function of that router (it's hooked up to the new modem/wireless router so the hardwired computers can function since the new unit has no ports to plug in the desktop computers into). Our wireless devices are all 'connected' to the new modem/router (using its passphrase and SSID). Can the wireless capabilities of each interfere with each other? They are sitting right next to each other.

A:Solved: Internet provider wireless modem/router and my hard wired router

It's confusing to me, but can make two comments ...

a. If you are not using the wireless network of a router it's best to disable or turn off the wireless--saves electricity and should extend the life of the router.

b. Two wireless networks whose channel numbers are less than five from each other can interfere. In North America if possible use channels 1, 6 and 11 to guarantee non interference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-provider-wireless-modem-router-and-my-hard-wired-router.1122336/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello,

I have an 8 port "wired" router from Linksys that I have been using in conjunction to a wireless access point which had been plugged into one of the open ports on the wired router. Lately I have been having connection issues with the WAP so I decided it may be time to upgrade. Not thinking about it, I picked up a new Linksys E1000 wiress router (as opposed to a WAP) and, after a lengthy support call with Linksys, got that up and running.

So I have operability for both wired and wireless devices, however I have noticed a substantial slow down on my wired devices. I also just upped the plan with my ISP to increase my bandwidth which I see on the wired PCs but not on the wireless which seem less. Would a WAP be faster than a wireless router by nature?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

A:Slow wireless after connecting Linkys wirless router to Linksys wired router

Have you made sure you have the latest firmware for the wireless router? If you updated the firmware be sure to reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

What speeds do you get with a test such as speedtest.net with a connection to the wired router? With an ethernet connection to the wireless router? With a wireless connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wireless-after-connecting-linkys-wirless-router-to-linksys-wired-router.945424/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello Short story even shorter there was a semi-power outage this morning lights were very dim but power wasn Linksys - WRT54G ALL. via internet Solved: light access WLAN AT no off router router t totally off and when the power came back on my router stopped working Here s what I know -The WLAN LED is no longer lit so there s no wireless That orange CiscoSystems button is no longer glowing orange either if that means much -For some odd reason a Solved: Linksys WRT54G router WLAN light off - no internet access via router AT ALL. wired connection through any of the ethernet ports on the router no longer works either though the LED s still light up when connected along with the internet LED -The modem works fine I m connected to the internet directly from the modem right now -I ve tried to reset the router but it doesn t seem to do anything -I ve tried to access the router config settings and the page doesn t load -I ve tried to look up the routers ip address through the command prompt but when I enter the command quot ipconfig quot when I m wired through the router I always get the response something along the lines of quot media disconnected quot When I try the command when connected directly to the modem the default gateway ip address comes up as This doesn t work either I ve been searching the web for solutions for hours and I can t find one This is actually the first time I ve ever had to post a thread asking for help and I ve experienced a slew of computer problems over the years lol It may very well be that the router is fried but I m just trying to exhaust my options I ll appreciate it to no end if someone can help me solve this problem in a way that doesn t require me to buy a new one lol Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Linksys WRT54G router WLAN light off - no internet access via router AT ALL.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-linksys-wrt54g-router-wlan-light-off-no-internet-access-via-router-at-all.960352/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi everyone Last night I set not but Compaq neighbours : router finds home router signal /Netgear notebook ? up a home network for a friends house using a NETGEAR DG G wireless router The desktop is connected to the net through the ethernet cable no probs and my laptop connects to the router wirelesly no problem in every room in the house Problem is my friends laptop which is Compaq notebook /Netgear router : finds neighbours signal but not home router ? a Compaq Presario I forget model cannot find the router Instead it finds all the neighbour s routers even with the laptop sitting next to the router there is no detection It is about one year old and running XP On the Windows network setup it says the wireless chip on the Compaq is a Broadcom g I use Intel PROSet Wireless to connect to it using my laptop but my friends laptop has something called HP Wireless Assistant which has basically no options other than telling you that the wireless technology is turned on I have turned off firewalls etc but it will not find the NETGEAR router Any help greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-notebook-netgear-router-finds-neighbours-signal-but-not-home-router.648118/
Relevancy 31.39%
Relevancy 31.39%

Really need some help here going crazy We have a Sagemcom FAST modem router from windstream our ISP and have been trying to get F7D1301 a Modem/router Belkin Sagemcom with Setup Fast router 1704 a servers going for Minecraft game with no luck So we thought that we could attach our Belkin router to the modem since we were Setup a Belkin F7D1301 router with a Sagemcom Fast 1704 Modem/router having port forwarding problems I have tried numerous times to set up the router with this modem and have even tried the bridge mode but then I don t get internet access through the Belkin router have no idea what I am doing wrong I am running Windows XP and my brother who I want on the same network is running Windows Vista which I really hate I had my XP connected but could not get the Vista connected then I completely messed it up and just am at my wits end can someone please walk me through this Let me know any info you need and how to send it to you Thanks a lot Deb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-a-belkin-f7d1301-router-with-a-sagemcom-fast-1704-modem-router.1089945/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi all,

I am new to TechSpot. Actually, I need some help setting up my wireless network at home. currently, I am using Dlink 502T DSL router for internet and trying to connect the Dlink router to Netgear wireless router WGR614 for wirelss internet connection to other PC's. Could anybody please tell me how to connect these routers. I am trying to connect Dlink with netgear but i am unable to configure the same. When i use Dlink router directly with the PC, my internet works fine but when i try to use netgear inbetween Dlink router and a PC, my internet stops working. Please suggest. I want to distribute internet to my other computer thru netgear wireless router. please help...

ndhingra
http://www.techspot.com/vb/images/icons/icon5.gif

A:how to configure Dlink ADSL router and Netgear Wireless router for internet distrib

Ndhingra said:

Hi all,

I am new to TechSpot. Actually, I need some help setting up my wireless network at home. currently, I am using Dlink 502T DSL router for internet and trying to connect the Dlink router to Netgear wireless router WGR614 for wirelss internet connection to other PC's. Could anybody please tell me how to connect these routers. I am trying to connect Dlink with netgear but i am unable to configure the same. When i use Dlink router directly with the PC, my internet works fine but when i try to use netgear inbetween Dlink router and a PC, my internet stops working. Please suggest. I want to distribute internet to my other computer thru netgear wireless router. please help...

ndhingra
http://www.techspot.com/vb/images/icons/icon5.gifClick to expand...

The easiest way is to run the CD that should have come with the Router, if you havent got it then you will have to configure it manually.

Full instructions can be found on the netgear website here.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-configure-dlink-adsl-router-and-netgear-wireless-router-for-internet-distrib.60584/
Relevancy 31.39%

So here is my case SETUP Verizon s Westell Modem Router provides incoming address provided by VZ and provides internal address Netgear Wireless Router WGT v Wireless Router accepts and provides X wired and wirelessly Problem Although Verizon s Router indicates that Router = Router Westell Netgear failure Wireless + Bridge Routed and Modem it is on Bridge mode the damn thing isnt I thought the main concept of bridging was to become practically invisible and automatically reroute all traffic Netgear Wireless Router and Westell Modem + Router = Routed Bridge failure to the next device which is what I want I want to ultimately use the Netgear device to set Netgear Wireless Router and Westell Modem + Router = Routed Bridge failure all my rules and settings instead I have to Netgear Wireless Router and Westell Modem + Router = Routed Bridge failure do it on both For instance Xbox Live is not working properly I can only play video games without being able to join specific games or perform any in-game video voice chat I have tried NATing the device No luck I have also tried setting the Netgear device as a Wireless Base Station Either way I just would like to have my network ignore device and have the second one invisibly reroute all the access Is that possible Could you please help Thanks to all nbsp

A:Netgear Wireless Router and Westell Modem + Router = Routed Bridge failure

Well, since the "modem" is supplying a private IP address, it's obvious that it's not in bridge mode, that can only happen with a NAT layer, aka a router.

Try this solution to configure it for bridge mode, direct from Verizon: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/highspeed/networking/setup/questionsthree/123756.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wireless-router-and-westell-modem-router-routed-bridge-failure.927868/
Relevancy 31.39%

I Router Verizon router to Netgear Wireless wirelessly my connecting Fios WGT624 have been trying to find a way to connect forward the signal recieve the signal from my Verizon Fios wireless router up to my WGT V Netgear router Is there a way Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router that I can modify my wirless port on my Netgear to recieve a signal wirelessly from my Verizon Wireless router My Neighbor did it once with Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router another wireless router but he can not remember how he did it I am thinking it had something to do with the Firmware If anyone can help me with this that would be great I m basically trying to Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router push the wireless signal from my Verizon router in my basement up to my wireless Netgear router which is recieving the signal on the main level so that I can plug my wired non wireless laptop into the ethernet port which is receiving wireless signal from the Verizon router in the basement in order to gain access to the internet Can this be done with the equipment listed above and or some additional firmware and configuration Thank you for all your assistance on this in advance MCAMPOS nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/verizon-fios-router-connecting-wirelessly-to-my-wgt624-netgear-wireless-router.138211/
Relevancy 31.39%

Here s my problem I have a wireless router st router Linksys speed booster which is connected directly to the internet From one of it s LAN port a ft ethernet cable is connected to the nd router s WAN port Vonage phone plug router Linksys prnter is which How router router 2 2 anther netwrk a a that cnnected 2 setup cnnects From the nd router s LAN port a network printer is connected Now here s the problem because my laptop connects wirelessly to the st router for internet access how do I print and see any devices connected to the nd router I can t seem to connect to the printer in anyway through this setup There has to be a way I can not eliminate the nd router because it s my vonage device phone It requires internet I also can t relocate the printer because it needs the vonage device for fax Let me simplify the current setup through a series of descriptive connections INTERNET---- gt gt gt ------- WAN - How 2 setup a netwrk prnter that cnnects 2 a router which is cnnected 2 anther router stRouter- LAN ------ gt gt gt -------- WAN - ndRouter- LAN ------ gt gt gt -------- PORT NetworkPrinter Can somebody help me nbsp

A:How 2 setup a netwrk prnter that cnnects 2 a router which is cnnected 2 anther router

If you put the VoIP router first, you can connect the second router as follows. The problem is that you have the NAT layer of the second router between you and the printer.

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-2-setup-a-netwrk-prnter-that-cnnects-2-a-router-which-is-cnnected-2-anther-router.617720/
Relevancy 31.39%

I was attempting to port foreward for my PS but was having no luck Long story short I tried changing internet access router settings after changing or Solved: Unable router's IP. to the Solved: Unable to access internet or router settings after changing router's IP. router s IP to see if it would work Here s where the problem began I changed it from to which I believe may have made it conflict with my modem Now I m stuck not being able to access the internet through the router at all or access the router s configuration to change it back When I try to access it I just get a quot Page not Found quot The computer connected directly to the router is running Windows XP The Router is a Linksys WRT GS v I ve tried disconnecting the internet from the Router to see if it would stop the conflicting problem if that is indeed the problem but it didn t work I ve tried setting up many different static IP adresses for the computer connected to the router directly but it didn t work I ve tried nearly everything but I just can t get it working I m posting this through a computer connected through a switch to my modem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to access internet or router settings after changing router's IP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-access-internet-or-router-settings-after-changing-routers-ip.887788/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello,

Is it possible connect one DSL router with RJ45(LAN) output to Wifi ADSL router with RJ11 (telephone) input?

I want to use the wifi only on this adsl router.

a had find also
RJ11 to RJ45 Adapter

Converts RJ11 to RJ45 and Visa versa. Useful for connecting ADSL broadband modems to network switches etc. Uses the middle 4 cores to transmit the data.

Is this adapter work also in other way RJ45 to RJ11?
Enyone tried this?

Thanks for advice.

A:Connect one DSL router with RJ45 output to Wi-Fi ADSL router with RJ11 input?

steveke999 said:

Hello,

Is it possible connect one DSL router with RJ45(LAN) output to Wifi ADSL router with RJ11 (telephone) input?Click to expand...

only if connected in a not obvious manner

I want to use the wifi only on this adsl router.
a had find also
RJ11 to RJ45 Adapter

Converts RJ11 to RJ45 and Visa versa. Useful for connecting ADSL broadband modems to network switches etc. Uses the middle 4 cores to transmit the data.

Is this adapter work also in other way RJ45 to RJ11?Click to expand...

no, that will not work as it is only a 'wire connector' and not a signal converter.

here's how; do not put anything into the RJ11 slot on the ADSL WiFi router.

connect an ethernet cable from a LAN slot on the router connected to the phone line
TO another lan slot on the WiFi router. This will cause the WiFi router to act very much
link a switch. Just be sure the DHCP service (on this device) is disabled and only the primary router has DHCP active.

You will still need to setup the WiFi configuration (but do so ONLY with a wired connection to it).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-one-dsl-router-with-rj45-output-to-wi-fi-adsl-router-with-rj11-input.152806/
Relevancy 31.39%

Greetings I have subscribed to DSL and Teleco Video cable through DSL/Router Compusa D90-740010-06 54Mbps Westell router + wireless (SKU:333628) my Westell D90-740010-06 DSL/Router + Compusa 54Mbps wireless router (SKU:333628) phone company They provided the Westell Modem Model D - - It has ports but goto the televisions for cable and the other is going Westell D90-740010-06 DSL/Router + Compusa 54Mbps wireless router (SKU:333628) to my personal computer I have a Compusa SKU wireless router I want to connect so i can also use my laptop my ISP will not assist since the connection works with model personal computer with hardwired I thought I could just run a cable from one of the ports on the DSL Router to the WAN port on my Wireless Router however this did not work So I ran a cable from one of the ports on the DSL router to a regular ethernet port on the wireless routher not the WAN and I could hardwire both the desktop pc and wireless and connect to internet however the wireless would never work my pc says wireless is connect but when I open IE or firefox it does not connect Can someone please help I am going insane The following link will take you to the manual for my wireless router http fmi compusa com driver asp SKU and the following is the datasheet for the westell model router http www westell com images products ultraline pdf exact info on the dsl router Model Number D - - Serial Number B MAC Address a db Software Version VER Software Model Port Gateway Description WireSpeed Data Gateway Boot Loader VER Configuration - - A Thanks Martin Maynard In Loving memory of our daughter Bailey DeLonais Maynard January - March SIDS IT S REAL www healingokhearts org nbsp

A:Westell D90-740010-06 DSL/Router + Compusa 54Mbps wireless router (SKU:333628)

You have 2 routers - they are both trying to issue IP addresses so it is not surprising that there is a problem. If you can disable DHCP on the wireless router it might work as a wireless switch or hub. It is worth a try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/westell-d90-740010-06-dsl-router-compusa-54mbps-wireless-router-sku-333628.86758/
Relevancy 31.39%

So basically I want a new router because the router I have now is old as hell and doesn't have a strong signal but I was wondering other than wifi are their any other pros of getting a new router?

A:Pros of buying a new router to plug into my current router/modem combo?

depends on what you have now and what facilities you need
some provide a media service , can have Harddrives attached and Act as USB print servers
also broadcast wireless on 2.4GHz and 5GHz

5Ghz can solve itnterference problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pros-of-buying-a-new-router-to-plug-into-my-current-router-modem-combo.1144425/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi al u guys

i have a simple question reguarding the range of any cheap $50 to $150 max wireless router when place outdoor... actualy i am thinking of making my own network of friends living in a single street of about 100 meters apart from my house at max... for multiplayer gaming and file sharing etc etc... as my house is in the center and its quite high amoung other houses i decided to place router outside on my roof at height... may be inline of sight of other house(provided i will take care of climate conditions) ..... and as for clients i dont want any instrument installed at client except wlans... at max i will make an extention for clients to place there antenas outdoors

now tell me wether this is practically possible or not under very limited budget.

tell me if i am unclear about some thing....

thanks in advance

A:Outdoor range of Wireless Router eg. (Linksys router wt54..) or anyother with 108

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outdoor-range-of-wireless-router-eg-linksys-router-wt54-or-anyother-with-108.698505/
Relevancy 31.39%

Just switched over to AT&T DSL from Road Runner Cable Modem.

While I had the cable modem, I used a Linksys WRT54G wireless router that had my PC and laptops connected to it.

Since I switched to AT&T DSL, I have been using AT&T's all-in-one device, the Westell DSL modem/wireless router/firewall.

I've noticed that uPnP doesn't work as well on the Westell as it did on the Linksys. I also had to change some settings to get my VPN to connect to my company's network.

Which is better? Should I put the Westell in bridged mode, and reconnect my Linksys? Or keep it the way I have it running it though the all-in-one device?

Thanks in advance.

A:Westell DSL modem/router/firewall VS. Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router

I'd put the Westell in bridged mode, which will then emulate your old configuration, which apparently worked properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/westell-dsl-modem-router-firewall-vs-linksys-wrt54g-wireless-router.631815/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have Qwest CenturyLink DSL and recently replaced the Actiontec M modem which crapped out after years of service Replaced it with a Netgear DM PSP v router modem Now I cannot get either of my two routers the Linksys WRT G or WRT N V to broadcast Netgear Connecting router to v2 router/modem wireless WRT160N DM111PSP wireless internet I ve spent the most time on the WRT N It will broadcast a wireless signal but devices that attempt to connect to the internet time out while quot obtaining IP address quot BTW I just happen to have two Connecting WRT160N v2 wireless router to Netgear DM111PSP router/modem wireless routers on hand I only need one to work I can get internet through the hard wire connection I have the Netgear modem hooked up to the quot internet quot port of the WRT N router and the computer is connected to one of the four ethernet ports on the back of the router I can access both router and modem setup pages using this setup The Netgear modem is set up for DHCP server PPPoA encapsulation and gets its DNS address dynamically from the ISP The WRT N is also set up for automatic DHCP configuration These are the settings given by running each set up wizard and this has set me up for some DHCP conflicts I think that setting up a dual modem router in transparent bridging mode PPPoE in theory turns off the DHCP allowing the WRT N to handle DHCP but I have no luck even getting my hard-wired internet connection to work if I switch from PPPoA to PPPoE mode Even if I cut the WRT N out of the loop and connect the computer direct to the DM PSP No internet no nothing The Netgear modem has a setting allowing the user to turn off the router part and just use it as a modem but as soon as I select that option I lose the ability to communicate with the router and my hard wired internet connection went dead So I figured that was just a red herring I tried keeping DHCP enabled for both devices but restricting the issued IP address ranges for each device router and modem so that they didn t overlap No luck there either I ve made sure the IP address assigned to the WRT N router is not within the IP address range assigned by the Netgear modem Lately I tried to set the WRT N to a static IP address using it just to broadcast wireless signal and not assign IP addresses letting the Netgear modem handle that I set the internet IP address to to connect to the modem subnet mask to and set the gateway address to the IP address of the Netgear modem Unfortunately I got stuck because I don t know any of the DNS IP addresses my ISP uses so I was prevented from completing this attempt Which is too bad because I think this would have fixed the problem with the duplicate DHCP management by both router and modem Turned off the firewall at various points while I tried these efforts it doesn t seem to make a difference Starting to wish I had just bought a combo modem wireless router and I would have had wireless internet in the house weeks ago Is there anything you can think of to salvage this combination of router ISP and modem nbsp

A:Connecting WRT160N v2 wireless router to Netgear DM111PSP router/modem

Netgear DM111PSP v2 router/modem.Click to expand...

ifthis is a router then you need to connect the other two routers using their LAN inputs NOT the WAN/internet - unless you set the DM111PSP to bridge mode
you may have already covered the below - but check
see here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wrt160n-v2-wireless-router-to-netgear-dm111psp-router-modem.1073119/
Relevancy 31.39%

I don t know if this is possible but this is what I want to do Have the dsl modem router and linksys voip connected together I want the voip router to assign dhcp and the dsl modem router to be used to get internet access but not assign dhcp I think This is why I want it I have wireless linksys cam s configured through the voip router Setting the cam s to the modem router didn t work well because of AT amp T s firewall cannot be disabled only modified to open ports It s frustrating as when I opened the ports for the cam s a consistant quot setup a 2wire router advice Linksys VOIP and DSL Router Modem an unknown error has occured quot So I opted to just set up the cams on the linksys router as the cams are also linksys as well Thus 2wire DSL Modem Router and a Linksys VOIP router setup advice figuring they would communicate better anyway This is my problem When I connect the dsl modem router to the WAN port on the linksys router the dsl modem assigns it a fixed LAN ip What I want is the linksys router to pull a WAN ip so I can log into my cam s remotely from my laptop at home No matter what I do disable dhcp on linksys router set linksys router on the dsl modem router to DMZ set linksys router to bridge mode nothing seems to work All I want to do is configure the linksys router so that when I go to my internet explorer on my laptop and type in quot xxx xxx xx to connect to the cam s But when I go to linksys router config pages to see the status the internet ip is which is a LAN address assigned by the modem router By the way the linksys router IS set to and the modem router s default is Modem 2wire DSL Modem Router and a Linksys VOIP router setup advice router is set to DHCP I have 2wire DSL Modem Router and a Linksys VOIP router setup advice tried setting linksys router to bridge no DHCP setting the DNS server to the same DNS on the modem router and still cannot get linksys router to pull a WAN address Please advise nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

I was trying to make my sister-in-law s wireless connection secure they ve had wireless set up for awhile unsecured and all seemed to go well until router, laptop problem connect Wireless refuses router - finds to magically it didn t It allowed Wireless router problem - laptop finds router, refuses to connect me to set up a password -WPA Personal it was fine other devices ipod Touch and another laptop connected to the network by putting in the right key HOWEVER the original laptop now wants no part of connecting to this network It finds the network but doesn t even let me get to a stage at which I need to enter the WPA key It automatically says it can t connect and is very useless when I hit quot Diagnose the problem quot I am only marginally less clueless than the people that asked for my help so please don t get too technical on me I have spent hours trying to figure out what the problem is and though I know it s obviously something with the computer s setting I don t know what that is When I go to the Network and Sharing Center rather than being a three-way quot map quot it s two - the computer then the internet There is nothing ie router in between I have no idea how to get that step back in there I have connected the router to the laptop directly and an internet connection does come up so it isn t an ISP issue The wireless does work with the devices mentioned above as well as my own laptop just not the central laptop I understand it may be a TCP IP issue or something like that but I don t know what to look for and even if I did I wouldn t know how to remedy the situation anyway Thanks in advance and I apologise for my complete ignorance I have included the information below if it s of any help The router is a Philips SNB If possible phrase any replies in complete idiot-speak because I have really overextended myself in trying to do this given my inability to be remotely tech-y My husband s family may ex-communicate me after this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name lewis-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - -A - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e b a f b a b a Pref erred Site-local IPv Address fec b a f b a b a Preferred Temporary IPv Address e b dee b ff e dc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a f b a b a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- B-B - - - B- - F-CA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B- - F-CA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C F - - D - FA - F C br D B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BA AEE- - CAC- D C-DD F F br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a d ff a e aded b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ff a e aded b Preferred Default Gat... Read more

A:Wireless router problem - laptop finds router, refuses to connect

That IPCONFIG shows a direct connection to a broadband modem. If that's when you're connected to the router, something is amiss.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-problem-laptop-finds-router-refuses-to-connect.888677/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi.

I have Vista Business 32 bit on network where Juniper SSG 20 is gateway / dhcp server.
All other computers work fine, this particular one

1) cannot get dhcp address from dhcp server
2) when I assign manual address to Vista, it can access internal network (192.168.1.x) but not Juniper SSG 20 iteself nor outside network.

I have googled already and tried this:
Quote:
support.microsoft.com/kb/928233
but no help..

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/288145-vista-business-32bit-juniper-ssg-20-router-no-dhcp-no-access-through-router.html
Relevancy 31.39%

So I have AT&T DSL. I bought a Netgear N300 ADSL2+ Modem/WiFi Router that is compatible with my service.

Previously with this Modem/Router it would constantly drop the wireless connection for the Wii I have that was used to stream Netflix.

So recently I bought a Linksys E2500 Router so I could be able to use the Wii, along with 3 other desktops, 1 laptop, and 3 phones.

My ideal setup would be this:
Set the ADSL2+ Modem/Router to be just a modem (I know how to set the option for this)​Connect the Linksys Router to be what all the devices connect to wirelessly (this would serve as the DHCP server) ​
I have read that one of the Routers has to be set to "BRIDGED" mode, yet I don't know which device has to be Bridged

--

A:Solved: Netgear N300 ADSL2+ Router/Modem and Linksys E2500 Router Setup

Set the ADSL2+ Modem/Router to be just a modem (I know how to set the option for this)Click to expand...

this is being set into bridge mode - by changing to a modem

then connect the modem to the WAN on the router and you should be good to go

Do you have a wireless laptop that you can you can put next to the wii - would be useful to see the quality of the wireless signal and how many other wireless are there which may cause interference

put xirrus onto the laptop and put the laptop next to the wii and post a xirrus screen shot
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netgear-n300-adsl2-router-modem-and-linksys-e2500-router-setup.1085080/
Relevancy 31.39%

I am by no means a network expert but have set up multiple wireless networks for friends. Right now I'm trying to help a relative setup a network where he has a basic Belkin wireless G router behind a Speedstream 4200 modem/router, and we can't get it working. The best I figure is that both are trying to perform the function of router and thus conflict. I dealt with a very similar situaion last summer that took a few hours or trial and error to get working, but unfortunately I can't remember what settings I changed....something having to do with bridged mode and DHCP server in the modem. Can anyone help?

A:Wireless router behind Speedstream 4200 modem/router....need help configuring.....

Welcome to TSG:

See if this tip from Johnwill,addresses your issue.

Connecting two soho routers in a network

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Also FYI:I believe that the "primary" router in this scenario,is the modem/router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-behind-speedstream-4200-modem-router-need-help-configuring.819501/
Relevancy 31.39%

I recently got qwest DSL and I configured my Wireless to work and accept my wireless MAC Address, but when I plug it into the WAN slot in the Linksys router it doesn't work. I went to linksys site and did their configuration which is changing the router LAN IP to 192.168.0.1, then power cycling, but this doesn't help. I cannot access the internet still. Both the modem/router and the router are operating DHCP, but if I disable the modem/router, I cannot access the wireless function, and if I disable the DHCP on my Linksys router, I cannot obtain an IP from the modem router via the linksys router.

This is frustrating lol.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Qwest DSL (Router/Modem/Wireless) not connecting to my Linksys Router (VPN)

I just got a Zonet Broadband Switch Router (product model ZSR0104C).
I have Qwest DSL.

I followed the instructions.
I can ping the router but nothing else.
Can't access internet.
Scoured Zonet site/forums.
No driver updates.
No errata on installation or any pertinent info.

Looked up Qwest specifications for Router set up... nothing helpful there.

Irritated.

Ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/qwest-dsl-router-modem-wireless-not-connecting-to-my-linksys-router-vpn.359197/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a significant problem with my computers not recognizing my d-link router. I screwed something up today and now my router won't work. I have had the router for years working just fine, but today I was trying to connect a new kindle which wouldn't connect to the Wi-Fi and I lost the router after screwing around with configuration.

Basically I've been trying to re-install the router, I changed the SSID but it appears the d-link quick router setup software recognizes the modem as the router and won't re-intall my router thus denying me access. Has anyone ever ran into a situation such as this? Please help...

A:D-Link Software recognizing modem as Router, router not working

Find the reset switch (usually a smal hole and you press a paper clip into it for ~5sec).

That will bring it back to day-1 default settings.

Unless you are attaching to the modem/router using USB, there's no software to be installed
(that's only used for USB) - -
just cable the eithernet cable to a LAN port on the router and then you can configure it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-software-recognizing-modem-as-router-router-not-working.155807/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi friends ...

I hav bsnl broadband connection in my home.... I connected a tplink wired for browsing...

I also have a belkin wireless router..... I connected those routers.... And only wired communication is possible
and i cant access in wireless connection... Pls help me

i m sttuggling....

Relevancy 31.39%

I just want to know how to bridge my comtrend 5071t dsl router with my linksys wrt160n wireless router

A:Solved: How do I bridge my comtrend dsl router with my wireless linksys router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-bridge-my-comtrend-dsl-router-with-my-wireless-linksys-router.964538/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,
I own a business that offers free Wi-Fi to customers. Originally I had the blue linksys wireless G router hooked up to the booster on the roof. At another location, I just got a Netgear wireless N router, and that worked way better than the linksys. So I got another Netgear router, and installed it in the first location- but I'd like to hook it up to the booster. The guy at Fry's said that the Netgear router will not hookup to the booster- I'd have to hook the Netgear to the linksys, disable something on the linksys, and then the linksys to the booster.
So, my question is, how do I do that?

Thank you very much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-hook-netgear-router-to-linksys-router-to-booster-on-the-roof.141318/
Relevancy 31.39%

hi.

lost Internet connectivity at home. connected via dsl line to my isp.

when i issued ipconfig /all command i noticed that default gateway IP addr was a global ip addr. (77.36.x.x) instead of the usual private address 192.168.1.1. DHCP server had IP address 58.206.x.x

when i issued ping 192.168.1.1 command, i got this output: "reply from 77.36.x.x: destination host unreachable"

i couldn't access my router's configuration menu by typing 192.168.1.1 in web browser's address field.

it's very interesting, because i had network issues before but could access my router's config menu and ping it. but now, i cannot reach my local router but receive reply from ISP's router. how come?

just curious

A:pinging local router but receive direct reply from ISP's router instead

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pinging-local-router-but-receive-direct-reply-from-isps-router-instead.1071269/
Relevancy 31.39%

I went to a small office that has a DSL connection. It seems to be going through a router of some kind because they all have IP adresses with the first 3 octets being the same number. (e.g. 69.147.292.xxx). I hooked up a wireless router to one of the network connections and attached 3 pc's to it. Of course they now all have addresses like 192.168.2.xxx. Router is a Belkin 802.11g router.

Can I still share resources from the 192.168.2.xxx machines with the ones that have the 69.147.292.xxx addresses?

Thanks.

Ken

A:Solved: Sharing resources on a hardwired router with a ones on a wireless router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sharing-resources-on-a-hardwired-router-with-a-ones-on-a-wireless-router.356296/
Relevancy 31.39%

How do you connect two routers together to increase signal through the whole house? I am trying to use the n300 as my main router (its hooked to cable modem) and use the 2wire as an access point. The two are connected by a known good ethernet cable.

Thanks,

Josh

A:Connecting netgear n300 router to 2wire 2701 router

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-netgear-n300-router-to-2wire-2701-router.984810/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hey yall Am connected router computer internet to is Solved: connects to not my router my but My having an issue after resetting my router My computer connects to my router and the signal is fine but the router does not seem to be connected to the internet am a web researcher and i use my internet everyday and I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out Here is the ipconfig message http Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mike gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Motorola SURFboard USB Cable Modem Physical Address - - -A -EC-AF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Solved: My computer connects to my router but my router is not connected to internet Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - AM Lease Expires August- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HP b g Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -C -A -AE- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dbc e f dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - PM Lease Expires August- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - - B- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A AE -F B- - C D- FBE DA br ED Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -DF - CB -AA -D F B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address c b c b Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Hope this helps Thank Again nbsp

A:Solved: My computer connects to my router but my router is not connected to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-computer-connects-to-my-router-but-my-router-is-not-connected-to-internet.613776/
Relevancy 31.39%

Well as the title says I am experiencing difficultly in getting the NAT setting on my Xbox to Open status I ve searched in many places on the internet including these forums for an answer and I ve yet to NAT Xbox modem/router with router 360 P600R WRT54GS Issues and find one which solves my issues so I decided it was time to finally ask for help What I m working currently working with is the Embarq P R ADSL modem router combo If there s a more specific name for it I don t know it as I don t have the packaging - I m simply going by what was printed on the modem itself working through my Xbox 360 NAT Issues with P600R modem/router and WRT54GS router Linksys WRT GS router by way of the ethernet ports of both units The WRT GS is then hardwired to four different computers and broadcasts to my Xbox wirelessly via Xbox 360 NAT Issues with P600R modem/router and WRT54GS router microsoft s network adapter specifically designed for the unit compatability between the adapter and router isn t an issue just trying to cover all my bases Because of this all of the LAN ports on my WRT GS are currently being used preventing me from attempting to simply make my WRT GS act as only access point since to my knowledge I would need Xbox 360 NAT Issues with P600R modem/router and WRT54GS router to plug the modem router into one of its LAN ports instead of the ethernet port Thus far I ve tried enabling UPnP on both units setting up a DMZ for my s IP on the WRT and Forwarding Ports TCP UDP and TCP UDP on the WRT both individually and simultaneously I also had somewhat of a breakthrough when I switched the P R to bridge mode as it gave my which connects wirelessly an Open NAT with no connection issues However doing so rendered the four hardlined computers in my home unable to connect to the internet so I was forced to change it back to routing mode and have found myself at a brick wall of sorts when attempting to decide what to do next In addition I do believe the issue lies in either the interactions between the P R and WRT GS or simply the P R itself as I ve had the WRT GS for years and experienced little to no problems with it before especially considering how familiar I ve become with manipulating its settings However the P R is new and with it came my troubles Any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

Hi Vonage experts A long time ago someone helped set up my computer network and now I need to do something but I don t know how I know the + Vonage page? wireless admin How access the router. router's to Using solution must be extremely simple but I just don t know what to do Basically I have Using Vonage + wireless router. How to access the router's admin page? - a computer - a Vonage modem - an SMC wireless router - a cable Internet modem As I m writing I keep going back and forth to look at the set up to make sure that I m writing a really accurate description The way the system is set up is An ethernet cable connects the cable modem to the Internet port of the Vonage modem An ethernet cable connects the LAN port of the Vonage modem to the quot LAN quot port of the SMC wireless router An ethernet cable connects the quot LAN quot port of the SMC wireless router to my computer A phone cord connects the Phone port of the Vonage modem to my telephone Note nothing goes to the WAN port of the SMC wireless router Note the Vonage modem is set to DHCP Note the LAN configuration of my computer says quot Obtain an IP address automatically quot and also quot Obtain DNS server address automatically quot I know how to access the Vonage configuration page which is by going to on my web browser But that s not what I need What I need help with is now I need to access the SMC wireless router s configuration page but I am stuck because a I don t know which IP address I should type in order to access the SMC configuration page Is there a precise way to know what it is b I m not sure whether or not I have to somehow temporarily modify the set up of the cables among those devices If not great but if yes what do I do exactly Thanks nbsp

A:Using Vonage + wireless router. How to access the router's admin page?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-vonage-wireless-router-how-to-access-the-routers-admin-page.910176/
Relevancy 31.39%

I know there is a buttload of bad stuff on my computer but I need a quick fix for my problem now My router modem work fine They're connected to my computer and VOIP and they work perfectly The problem is the internet does but computer does works, router. internet Router problem, not detect not register this and thus doesn't work on other PCs In other words I can't get my laptop to recognize my router When I start up network connections I get this message runtime error program program files microsoft broadband msbnutil exe this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Please contact the application's support team for more information Router problem, internet works, but computer does not detect router. The original message was quot broadband error quot or somethign like Router problem, internet works, but computer does not detect router. that so I did a week old system restore No good So I figure there's a problem on my computer Also I tested the connection thoroughly and I reset them and junk but still I got nothing Router problem, internet works, but computer does not detect router. Here thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System VTTimer exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system ps exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop SetPoint KEM exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop SetPoint KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking MSBNTray exe C Program Files Paltalk Messenger palstart exe C Program Files WiFiConnector NintendoWFCReg exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files BHODemon BHODemon exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking MSBNUtil exe C Documents and Settings Ujjayini B My Documents My Pictures FRIENDS HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Mai... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/router-problem-internet-works-but-computer-does-not-detect-router-160972.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi I m brand new here and I don t have tons of computer knowledge although I am learning I hope We bought a campground last year and were offering a wifi hot spot located near the camp office It was actually done by accident because we live in the same building and have our own home network secured the run i and can same router on unsecured internet router a an connection? of computers We have a Linksys WRT G router can i run a secured router and an unsecured router on the same internet connection? and a cable modem So the campers were hopping on our wireless I had some problems over the winter with someone using my credit card online I was advised to maybe try getting another router and a hub switch and basically to hook that hub switch to the cable modem and then hook both routers to that and to have one of the routers be secured WPA and the other unsecured for the campers to use as can i run a secured router and an unsecured router on the same internet connection? a wifi hotspot I also bought a Linksys range expander which I haven t set up yet If this configuration with routers on the same cable modem will work I will set up the range expander to the unsecured router I emailed linksys to ask them if this whole configuration was possible and the answer I received was basically not very straightforward but they made it sound like it couldn t be done So now I m asking you if it can be done the way I said or if there s another way I can offer an unsecured hot spot without compromising my own home network and security and without costing me a fortune Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:can i run a secured router and an unsecured router on the same internet connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-run-a-secured-router-and-an-unsecured-router-on-the-same-internet-connection.561105/
Relevancy 30.96%

My small home network is connected to a Z100G Zone Alarm router via wires. This router has WiFi but I do not use it as it is not wireless N capable. I would like to have wireless N to stream movies to a wireless N BluRay player. I would like to keep the Z100G because of the firewall function.

Can I just connect a new wireless N router to the Z100G? If so, would it then be best to connect all the network computers to the new router either via wired or wireless?

Thanks...
Dennis

Relevancy 30.96%

I have a sagem wifi modem router provided by the telecoms company it has a limited wifi range and in my experience of wifi it also has frequent dropouts connection problems we connect the desktop pc to it by ethernet and that s just fine we also were given by a rd party a belkin n wireless router the model without modem and would like to try it out to be the wifi router The idea is to connect it by ethernet to the sagem and a modem router via Connecting ethernet? router a to wireless place it in a more central part of the property I reckon about m of ethernet cable we would disable the wifi on the sagem had we been given the belkin model with internal modem this would not be an issue and we would Connecting a wireless router to a modem router via ethernet? not need to use the sagem at all - that is not meant to sound ungrateful can anyone see any pitfalls with this or if it is do-able any recommendations re configs I have found another post loosely related to using routers however it doesn t really address this specifically http forums techguy org networking -using- -routers-same-time html nbsp

A:Connecting a wireless router to a modem router via ethernet?

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-router-to-a-modem-router-via-ethernet.716730/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi there,
I can't access the router's web login interface with the router's IP address for some reason. When I enter the router's IP (ie 192.168.1.1) on the address bar and hit enter, it displays the Microsoft IIS page. I tried to fiddle around the iis manager but
I am not sure if that's the cause of the issue.
Any help would be really appreciated guys.
Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a49ac06-a5b8-43f8-9cac-e8d88d6584a1/cant-access-routers-web-login-interface-with-the-router-ip-address?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello Everyone I just wanna ask for some help regarding configuration of a vpn firewall router that is connected to a g modem router combo I am new in setting up a vpn and not so much familiar with others things or what setup is necessary kindly help the poor guy please This is what I need - I need to connect the VPN FIREWALL router and use its features at the same time connected to the internet the VPN FIREWALL will act as the security for the whole network and the G modem router will be the one supplying the internet - Need to establish a VPN connection later after the configuration - The server and other lan pc s must be accessible outside the local network when connected to VPN web server local pc s shared folder and files etc Here s some details that i hope might help - I am using a Quanta K G LTE modem router combo - modem/router to combo firewall vpn HELP! router configuration 4g I am using a Dynamic public IP address but this is HELP! 4g modem/router combo to vpn firewall router configuration not a problem because i am using s DDNS HELP! 4g modem/router combo to vpn firewall router configuration - My VPN FIREWALL brand model is Micronet SP B VPN FIREWALL router - Right now i am already connected to the internet using the vpn firewall physical connection is G modem router-- gt hub-- gt VPN firewall router-- gt PC my connection is G LAN -- gt VPN WAN set the connection type to Dynamic IP -The remote connection and remote access web HELP! 4g modem/router combo to vpn firewall router configuration server ftp RDP is working fine on the G modem router alone I attached some screenshots of the VPN firewall router Looking forward to hear from you guys Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 30.96%

I want devices connected to the router to be able to connect to the modem.

My ISP modem says:
Local IP address 192.168.1.1
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
DHCP Server: Enabled
Connection mode: DHCP
Starting IP address: 192.168.1.10
Ending IP address: 192.168.1.128
Connected devices: Eth-Switch LAN (2) 192.168.1.12 Netgear WNDR4000 Router

My Router says:
Router Information
IP address 10.0.0.1
DHCP: On

Internet Port
IP address: 192.168.1.12
connection DHCP
IP subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway IP address: 192.168.1.1
RIP Direction: Both
RIP Version: Diabled
Attached devices: 10.0.0.4 HP computer
Use Router as a DHCP Server:yes
Starting IP address: 10.0.0.2
Ending IP address: 10.0.0.254

So how would I modify the settings so the HP computer (10.0.0.4) could see the modem (192.168.1.1)?

Answer for dummies please!

A:What are the correct settings for a Router connected to an ISP Router/Modem box.

Let's be clear: you have

Code:

isp==modem at (192.168.1.1)
|
+--- (192.168.1.12) router (10.0.0.1) - - - hp pc (10.0.0.4)

what happens if the HP does ping 192.168.1.1 ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-are-the-correct-settings-for-a-router-connected-to-an-isp-router-modem-box.217738/
Relevancy 30.96%

As salam u aliykum,
m having problem..that i m using the following ip sserial 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.255 on my domain server...the problem is when i set any laptop or computer on obtain ip address automatically...they r not getting proper ip address like 192.168.15.116..192.168.0.117 etc..so plzz if any body knows the solution of this problem then kindly help me..i would b very thnkfull for that..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-getting-proper-ip-address-from-the-wireless-router-n-wire-router.988403/
Relevancy 30.96%

If so, how can I configure any settings on the router? I tried connecting this router directly to my Cable modem and some limited connectivity problem pops up saying Primary DNS server cannot be found.

A:Can my unserviced DSL router be used as a router to my Motorola cable modem?

probably not, apples/oranges.

dsl uses phone lines which means you have/had dsl with your phone service.

cable uses coax cable to the modem and tv in my case with roadrunner, also provides digital phone service.

the cable comes in and i use a splitter for the modem/with phone jack for digital phone service and to the router/computers, both wired and wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-my-unserviced-dsl-router-be-used-as-a-router-to-my-motorola-cable-modem.719348/
Relevancy 30.96%

I was looking at getting a wireless router either a D-Link or a Netgear Rangemax WNR and I m not exactly sure how to set it up I have a BEC Technologies TM NOT GTM adsl wired modem router that my telephone company gave me when I switched to DSL There are LAN ports on the back of the modem router a line port that my telephone cable is connected to and a console port that I don t use of the LAN ports are being used One is connected to my cable box the Connecting wireless router a adsl to modem/router an other has an Connecting a wireless router to an adsl modem/router ethernet cord that runs halfway around my house through a wall and into a wall jack that my desktop computer is connected to I only want to use the wireless router Connecting a wireless router to an adsl modem/router to connect to my Wii and one laptop I would like to keep my desktop connection wired I had previously tried to connect to xbox live by connecting my xbox to one of the LAN ports but I could never get it to work so now I just switch the ethernet cords between my xbox and computer in the wall jack whenever I want to use one or the other Will I be able to connect a wireless router to one of the LAN ports and receive a signal or will I have to connect the wireless router to the wall jack that my desktop is hooked to and run the connection through the router I ve never setup a wireless network before so I m a little new to this subject nbsp

A:Connecting a wireless router to an adsl modem/router

Hi:here are links to sample dsl modem router to wireless router configurations..
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1080
And for dlink:
http://www.dlink.com/support/faq/default.aspx?question=dsl
And the tried and true Johnwill,TSG tutorial on the same subject.
Your modem probably is a modem/router combo.Here are some possible fixes .

a. Bridge the modem/router unit so that it bypasses the router function and acts as a modem only. Or,

b. Change the address range used by one of the routers, say, to 192.168.3.x. Or,

c. Use the second router as an ethernet switch and wireless access point per the following recipe.

Tutorial from Johnwill from the Networking Forum

Hopefully one of these will lead you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-router-to-an-adsl-modem-router.936262/
Relevancy 30.96%

I m trying to hook up a wireless connection in my home When the DSL is connected regularly through the modem it works just fine But when I hook up the Netgar router and try to set it up so that my son s laptop can have wireless the internet router. with router Internet not works Problems: but Wireless w/o will not connect I get an error that gives me the option to redial but that never works either We tried a Belkin router It just stopped working recently then tried linksys and now Netgar Thanks in advance Here s my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Linksys Linksys Updater bin LinksysUpdater exe C WINDOWS system java exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Netscape Navigator navigator exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com me enus R - HKLM Software Microsoft Wireless Problems: Internet works w/o router but not with router. Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Wireless Problems: Internet works w/o router but not with router. Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run c e rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system maiigjwq dll quot b O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item amp Search - p ZKfox O - Extra context menu item amp Windows Live Search - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll search htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button AT amp T Yahoo Services - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - Trusted Zone www watch-movies net O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http pcpitstop com betapit pcpitstop cab O - DPF B EE-B - D - - BD D iCC Class - http www pcpitstop com internet pcpConnCheck cab O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab Installation Support - C Program Files Yahoo Common Yinsthelper dll O - DPF A EB- FA- AE -A B-C BBFC Verizon Wireless Media Upload - http picture vzw com activex VerizonWirelessUploadControl cab O - DPF FB -C - D - F- A C F mhLabel Class - http pcpitstop com mhLbl cab O - DPF A A -F - AD- - BC B DD Crucial cpcScan - http crucial com controls cpcScanner cab O - DPF A D FD- F- AE-B -E FA BE FE LinkSys Content Update - http www linksysfix com netcheck install gtdownls cab O - DPF DA AA CF- C A- B -BC B-C BB MSN Games Game Communicator - http zone msn com binframework v StProxy cab cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip E BDCA - D - - D -ADCEB E A Name... Read more

Relevancy 30.96%

XP wired connection to a just installed Linksys Wireless WRT54GS. As witnessed by this plea, the wired connection works. Try to add a wireless device and the Linksys EasyLink Advisor (LELA) tells me I need to establish a wired connection to the router. It can't find the router. God this makes me mad. My first attempt at a wireless setup at home and here we are. Anyway, how can I make this work? Just bought a Dell laptop that has wireless capability but this dumb thing won't let me set it up. What's the solution? E-Mail and web work fine through the wired connection. Thanks.
John

Relevancy 30.96%

How 5G network works in a router after disable 2.4G in a router none of my LAN laptop has internet connection, I did a research in a google that if you network support 802.11b 802.11g 802.11n in netsh wlan show driver that means your laptop network interface card support the 5G network, but after disable the 2.4G in a ISP router all my laptop can't connect to the internet.

Can someone tell me how to set my network interface to 5G network only please.

Regard,
Thanks.

A:How 5G network works in a router after disable 2.4G in a router none of my LAN laptop

3g/4g/5g are cellular based signals like for a cell phone. You must either have a compatible dongle, a hotspot device, or if possible set up your cellphone as a hotspot. I don't know of any laptops that have support built in.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/303498-how-5g-network-works-router-after-disable-2-4g-router-none-my-lan-laptop.html
Relevancy 30.96%

First I would like to say hello to everyone in the community as this is my first post. I would like to set up Linksys wireless router(wrt160n) with a Dlink wired router(DLR-604),The wireless would be the host router and I would like to isolate the wired router from that network,to protect my main computer's(2computer's plus network printer) from from my children s and friend's machines I connect to the wireless or wired ports on the Linksys.Thanks in advance, any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated .Cheers

A:Solved: Connect wireless router and wired router

This should be pretty easy. Just connect the D-Link router's WAN port to one of the Linksys router's LAN ports. The computers connected to the D-Link router will be isolated from the Linksys connected computers by the D-Link router's NAT firewall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connect-wireless-router-and-wired-router.912641/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have Linksys wireless router and I ve been using that for awhile no problems router, connected another Router slower internet Solved: to with it I had a foot CAT cable sitting around and as well an old D-Link DI- wired router so I decided to turn the router into a switch so can Solved: Router connected to another router, slower internet I hardwire my Desktop and PS I have the Port Linksys router outputting the internet to the WAN D-Link wired router using the foot cable and then using Port and to my Desktop and PS respectively Everything on the Desktop and PS side seems to be great i ve noticed web pages loading times decrease Except that the computer which is hardwired to my Linksys wireless router is awfully snail slow Is it because the D-Link router is a Router and not a switch that this problem is happening Edit - I ve been reading that this is more complicated then a simple plug and go I have to disable the DHCP and everything everytime I try to log into my D-Link router it ll get into the routers main page but nothing will load after I try to click LAN or WAN or DHCP Edit - Alright so I have changed my nd router to disable the DHCP and changed the IP to be different from my st router and everything seems good except for one thing When I plug in my PS to either Port or Port the whole network is crippled and nothing connects Very interesting I m going to replace the CAT cable from my PS to my router-switch with a crossover cable i ve got a feeling it s because of that b Edit - I figured out that uPnP was enabled so I disabled it I m not having anymore problems I guess I solved my own issue LOL nbsp

A:Solved: Router connected to another router, slower internet

I guess so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-connected-to-another-router-slower-internet.798888/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have an ATT 2701HG-B 2-wire wireless Gateway router modem and have just purchased a Vizio wireless router which I would like to hook up to get better range. Can someone advise if this is compatible and how to connect the Vizio to the modem if it is.

Relevancy 30.96%

Hello I own two routers - D-Link DSL- another connect (via Router a Solved: modem) as router Internet used to cannot ADSL not wireless and D-Link DIR- wireless The set-up used to be like this - Internet ADSL cable pluged Solved: Router cannot connect to Internet (via another router used as a modem) in Solved: Router cannot connect to Internet (via another router used as a modem) DSL- router - PC connected to DSL- via Ethernet port - DIR- connected to DSL- Ethernet port to Internet port - DSL- works as a modem - Laptop wirelessly connected to DIR- Everything has worked note it wasn t me who set this up Unfortunatelly I have reseted the DIR- wireless router because of some troubles Now the wireless router doesn t connect to the Internet I can connect either computer via cable with the first router and it works like a dream Computers can also see the DIR- router when connected to it via cable but it does not see the Internet I ve switched the setup on and off several times Cables work Computers work they can see Internet from other sources I guess I need to configure the wireless router in some certain way but I really have no idea how I d be grateful for your help nbsp

A:Solved: Router cannot connect to Internet (via another router used as a modem)

Probably IP Address conflict as both D-Links would usually use 192.168.0.1 for default internal (LAN) IP.

You would need to change the LAN IP address of the DIR-615 to another subnet such as 192.168.2.1 for a modem LAN port to router WAN (Internet) port connection unless the DIR-615 can be set as an access point. Will need to check the User Manual to see. Will pull up a PDF and check.

Another option would be to set up using the following method by John Will.
Tutorial from Johnwill from the Networking Forum

Hopefully one of these will lead you in the right direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-cannot-connect-to-internet-via-another-router-used-as-a-modem.1082208/
Relevancy 30.96%

After a series of computer and network failures mostly due to electrical storms and electrical contractors I decided to upgrade my old Netgear router to a new Netgear Wireless-N router I have used Network Magic to manage my networked computers and when I decided to upgrade NM the new version didn t support my old router So it seemed like an all over upgrade update was in order What should have been a simple process-- turn everything off disconnect the old router replace it with the new router and router Netgear router not found wireless - Replacing go through the set up process cable modem on then router on etc has turned into a mystery I used the Netgear startup wizard followed step by step more than once and each time I got to the last part of the process it stalled saying quot No Router Found quot It Replacing Netgear wireless router - router not found was only after several unsuccessful attempts that I decided to open my control panel and check things out Network Connections showed my status as quot connected quot so I opened my browser and found that I am able to connect to the internet What I have not been able to do is to set up my network network security etc I tried to initiate Network Magic for set Replacing Netgear wireless router - router not found up with the same results-- quot no router found quot Anyone know what I have going on here Am I only connected through the LAN connection perhaps To make matters further complicated my phone service is Vonage VOIP and the Vonage device has failed so I m waiting for the new one to arrive can t even call out for help Any suggestions information would be appreciated I m pretty much a novice at this-- at least I am when following the directions leads me nowhere Thanks Tricia nbsp

A:Replacing Netgear wireless router - router not found

let's establish what IS working and then deal with Network Macgic

I assume these simple tests all work:
ping the router address using the ip address
nslookup www.google.com. returns an ip address (notice the period after .com)
ping www.google.com works
and tracert www.google.com works also
and your browser has no problems (just the be sure)

Here is what I see; I assume you have everything EXCEPT the router

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-netgear-wireless-router-router-not-found.148896/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi I have tried many resolutions and nothing It all worked before with cheap routers off of my cable modem High Speed Cogeco Cable but I couldn t password protect the routers because my wireless for laptop wouldn t log on at all So now Wireless. ROUTER WE MODEM? off AGAIN...ROUTER, GO HERE switch and port 5 I have a new rca cable modem from provider to a linksys ezx w port switch not in the uplink port I assume since I have tried with and without from modem From switch to D-Link Di- for wireless in yard and garage if I choose to bring laptop out here or around HERE WE GO AGAIN...ROUTER, 5 port switch ROUTER off MODEM? and Wireless. to two computers in garage From switch to foot of cat cable to house to an X-Micro also wireless for where laptop mainly stays cheap router but works great So all should be fine as I have researched and had replies to do it this way for ease of not conflicting hooking routers together NOT SO lol After reading I do not see if there is something in the settings I should do to each router still since they to me are on seperate lines from the port switch Or maybe is this a cause from my provider not allowing me to use seperate lines as I see it as well ANY HELP is greatly appreciated please been working on this for over weeks now and read so much that all the scenerios don t make sense anymore Take Care STBEAR nbsp

A:HERE WE GO AGAIN...ROUTER, 5 port switch ROUTER off MODEM? and Wireless.

the linksys is not a router it switch it's not a managed switch
you can not give it a ip address
try the d-link first then the switch turn off dhcp in the x-micro
past that I don't do wireless

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/here-we-go-again-router-5-port-switch-router-off-modem-and-wireless.54850/
Relevancy 30.96%

First VPN Separating one Solved: two router on one Firewall(router) computers from off THANKS for your time - anyone who responds And yes I have searched and searched and understand what I need to Solved: Separating one router from one VPN Firewall(router) on two computers do mostly but need some expert opinions We have a cable modem going Solved: Separating one router from one VPN Firewall(router) on two computers to my wife s work Netgear ProSafe VPN Firewall which goes to her work computer and VOIP phone The Netgear is basically a router and uses The problem is I want to open some ports for our home computer and use wireless in our house - but cannot access her work router not wireless or have my wife understand anything I ask her to ask her IT people to do So I have a Linksys wireless router that I want to connect to the modem FIRST -- so that I can control the wireless on that and open ports as needed etc and then connect her work router to ours where hers can then go off to her equipment The issue I cannot change her router settings at all nor the gateway IP s etc -- I want our home computer to not have to use her router s settings anymore as currently everything is plugged into hers as there are eight slots Both CPU s are running XP I know in networking two routers you have to turn one DHCP to auto get IP s from the other etc and make one address static - like while the other is with the range of IP s the second router pulls from but I do not know how to do what I want on my router WHILE using the settings from her router Can I reverse the process order like this If I connect my wireless router to hers yes it still works but then I cannot open the ports I need as they get blocked on her router I do have a Linksys workgroup switch that I could use - in which a coworker suggested having the modem go to the switch then both routers connect to the switch - where each router would go to the respective computers etc --- but I dont see that making a difference as the router settings are what s important IMO THANKS for any help nbsp

A:Solved: Separating one router from one VPN Firewall(router) on two computers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-separating-one-router-from-one-vpn-firewall-router-on-two-computers.756213/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have no idea why but i can only get a connection with the internet with one computer through a switch router... i was told that its not possible to get internet to multple computers, and only to one computer. I have a Netgear Gs108 switch router... but it connects to a Gray fox router which runs through my walls which my modem is connected too. i have no idea how to get internet through all computers which i have been before, i just got cable modem and it this problem started. So before the problem it was DSL at&t. Mabey some can help me please..

A:Need Some Help with Cable Modem to Gray Fox Router to Switch Router

Do a search( upper right box) for cable modem to Fox router to switch router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/96126-need-some-help-cable-modem-gray-fox-router-switch-router.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I have HP G60 laptop but suddnely last 3 to 4 days my nereast router-5 stop connected to my Laptop

I have 5 router

Router 1
Router 2
Router 3
Router 4
Router 5

Router 5 is near to me. There are low signal to Router 1 to 4 so i always connected with Router 5 but last few days my laptop not connected with router 5 and it showa only local area connected

Plese help me if some one know about it?

A:Solved: Out of 5 router my nearest router not connected to my Laptop

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Devdatt-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : guestnetinc.com

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : guestnetinc.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-23-4E-47-3A-30
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::24c4:c522:2b60:a90f%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.174(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, December 02, 2012 8:54:42 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, December 02, 2012 11:54:42 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234890062
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-17-C4-BB-D3-00-23-4E-47-3A-30
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8102E/8103E Family PCI-E FE NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-16-54-AE-F3
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.guestnetinc.com
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:c87:3d18:f5ff:ff51(Preferred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c87:3d18:f5ff:ff51%12(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : guestnetinc.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-out-of-5-router-my-nearest-router-not-connected-to-my-laptop.1079208/
Relevancy 30.96%

I finally realized that my modem has been causing problems for me for a long time When trying to host stuff on my Xbxo I would always get a strict NAT setting but I realized it was because of my modem People told me I into for an my modem/router point my Making access router was double NAT ing No matter how much I tried with the DMZ Port Fowarding on my Linksys WRT G router Making my router into an access point for my modem/router it wouldn t go through the modem because of that double NAT ing On Making my router into an access point for my modem/router another forum it was suggested to me that I should try to make my linksys router into an access point for my modem The trouble is I m nervous about trying any suggestions because they don t seem very specific Here is my current setup DSL - gt modem Alltel Making my router into an access point for my modem/router Windstream Siemens Speedstream - gt into a Linksys WRT G v then into computers Xbox One other person suggested that I should bridge the two connections but I would just like to know which is more feasible for me to attempt today or tomorrow to get rid of this double NAT ing I am leaning more towards the side of using that Linksys as an access point but other than that I really have no clue where to go Finally one person suggested just hooking up one computer directly to the modem so I could access my modem s configuration page the person guessed it would be Thanks if you need any more info just ask nbsp

Relevancy 30.96%

Evening,
My home network use to consist of 3 comps all running XP Pro and a Vonage router. With the addition of a 4th comp, I have had to use a port on the back of the RTP 300 for one comp. The four others ( 3 comps and the Vonage router )are connected to my Linksys WRT54GL. and I have no problems sharing files and printers. The one comp connected to the Vonage router will not allow file sharing or show up in Network Connections although it has no trouble accessing the net. Is there a setting in the Linksys router that I have to change to allow this one comp to share? I can't access the RTP 300 to make changes as it is locked. I have made sure all the comps are using the same work group and all file and printer settings are set the same on all comps. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 30.96%

My wife's sister has Comcast Cable. They installed a Modem/Router that the wireless part seems to have died. Can a wireless router be connected via ethernet cable to the cable modem/ router?

A:Connecting Wireless router to Cable Modem/Router

Yes, adding a wifi router to one of the ports will set it as a node on the dhcp server{modem} and if there is a conflict in ip address, usually will change it to a 10.0.0.1

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/349602-connecting-wireless-router-cable-modem-router.html
Relevancy 30.96%

OK this is complicated so bear with me First time poster as well so please be gentle I have Telewest Cable Broadband working with a Linksys wireless G wrt with router and VoIP Wireless connected Gateway HELP! Router g router It works a treat and i VoIP router connected with Wireless Gateway and Router HELP! have the quot improved quot antennae from Linksys to boost the signal a bit as well I recently signed up with Vonage for a VoIP provider and the router they provide is wired the Linksys rt p router and im trying to get this connected to my wireless network with a seperate Gateway or wireless hub Im pretty sure this will work if i put the access point in infrasturcture mode im thinking the linksys WAP G access point and conenct the VoIP router to the Access point with DHCP disabled so its technically a switch and then it can pick up the signal from the router over a wireless network The router seems to support this as it has a VoIP over wireless option in the setup of the latest BIOS flash What i need to know is if anyone here has a setup like this and any problems they have with this type of setup Any help wopuld be much appreciated nbsp

A:VoIP router connected with Wireless Gateway and Router HELP!

I'm thinking the VOIP should go first
then just set up as you would 1st one router 2nd one gateway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voip-router-connected-with-wireless-gateway-and-router-help.37716/
Relevancy 30.96%

i have a Cisco wireless router/cable modem
i also have a SMC Barricade SMC7004VWBR wireless router

i want to connect the SMC router to the Cisco router via wireless - can this be done?
if so, how?

the SMC has a WAN ethernet port and if i plug in a cable from the cisco, everything works fine
i can not find anywhere in the setup of the SMC an option for a wireless WAN connection
is the wireless only for the LAN side?

if anyone knows something about this any input would be appreciated

A:connecting a wirelss router to another wireless router wirelessly

and welcome to the Forum

Does the SMC have a setting to act as a bridge or client?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wirelss-router-to-another-wireless-router-wirelessly.1031945/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey all I m trying Router to Solved: Connect Router Wired Wireless to connect my wireless router to my wired router Ideally I want the following internet-- gt A -- gt PCs B -- gt itouch ps laptops A Gnet External ADSL modem with -port switch bb note this is a modem wired router Solved: Connect Wireless Router to Wired Router B Trendnet Wireless router tew- gr All PCs have internet so i m sure my wired Solved: Connect Wireless Router to Wired Router router is working properly Using an ethernet cable I ve connected a Lan port in my Wireless router to a Lan port in my Wired router My itouch ps and laptops can connect to my wireless but I m not getting any internet I ve also been able to access my wireless settings and change a couple of things From what I ve read online In B I need to turn off the LAN DHCP and change my LAN IP Address I ve tried a couple of things but it still isn t working Also what should I set my WAN settings to in my wireless router Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Connect Wireless Router to Wired Router

Nvm fixed it somehow...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connect-wireless-router-to-wired-router.901674/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello I am a bit of a hard time with routers on one network IP + dynamic Issues = with ADSL Wifi Router Router and unfortunately as things stand now they both have to be there So I just got ADSL and the only modem option available to me was one with a -port wired router I hooked that up into my existing network of about computers laptops and desktops which Wifi Router + ADSL Router = Issues with dynamic IP is connected by another -port WiFi router I started out with my only Wifi Router + ADSL Router = Issues with dynamic IP goal of hooking of these computers to the internet after I got the DSL by some MAC filtering configured in the WiFi router But having the DSL modem router has created another issue I am using separate IP gateways for both the routers which are in the same subset I can connect to both of them from all my machines The problem is I don t have any control over which computer connects to what router I am trying to avoid setting each PC up with a static IP that needs internet access Here is my setup in more detail My ADSL router is and my WiFi router is and both have the subnet My ADSL connection has dynamic IP and the modem router is connected into a LAN port on the WiFi router I have tried disabling DHCP on the modem router and changed my WiFi router IP to that of the modem which was counter productive to no avail Someone mentioned MAC address cloning but I am not sure if it will work in this setup Since I configured this I am seeing quite a few IP conflicts which are probably my fault as I didn t check when I was setting up static IP on computers that needed internet access I just want these routers to work in harmony if possible Can I just use one of them as a DHCP server I do not want to use static IP for any computer whether or not it connects to the internet Right now I am using it for computers that want access to the internet by guiding them to right gateway and the computers that need not be connected just have auto IP configured I would rather use MAC filters for this I am going to stop typing now before I dream about this mess I have on my hands Any help here will be welcome Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 30.96%

Hi guys,

I am having a problem setting up a network. I am attached to a work network with intranet and from previous experience, I should be able to connect to any of the other computers using a program like VNC viewer. The problem is that while I can ping all the computers on my own modem, I cannot ping a computer using another modem. I can ping the default gateway of this other modem, but whenever I try this computer on that network, the connection times out. At first I thought it was due to the subnet mask, which was different under DHCP, but when I set both computers to the same subnet mask (on static ips). I still was unable to ping the other computer. Please Help.

Thanks
Sam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-ping-default-gateway-of-another-router-but-not-the-computer-behind-the-router.1082776/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi,

I have been racking my brain for ages over this to no avail.

I am a professional designer with a digital press (canon imagePress C1)
What i want to do is connect the printer to a router and then some how connect that router to the main router where the internet comes in Wirelessly.

I cant plug a computer into the printer. The computers are upstairs and the printer is downstairs. There is also no way of connecting the printer to the main router(A)

My general basic idea is connect the printer to a router(B) via small ethernet cable.

Then me being optimistic Router(B) wirelessly sees router(A) so then I can print to it wirelessly from upstairs.

I hope this makes sense?!?!?!?

Thanks
Joe

A:Connect Printer to wireless router (then to main router)

Hello,

After doing some serach on google finally found this. Hope it will help you.

Router Setup Guide

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-printer-to-wireless-router-then-to-main-router.141254/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello and thank you

I have a Netgear FR114P Firewall router connected to my Cable Modem which connects to my computer in my home office.

I just bought my daughter a computer, her room is accross the way. I did not want to run an ethernet cable to her room, so I bought a Netgear Wireless Router.

My question is, what would I need to do to be able to keep my Firewall router hooked to my PC, then hook up the wireless router also so that my daughter can access the internet via the cable modem connection?

I have searched for Bridging methods, but am a little of a rookie when it comes to computer networking.

Thanks in advance for your help

Relevancy 30.96%

Hi people.

I would like to know if it is possible to add a second router to my home network.

My son wants to use his Nintendo DS online but the device does not have WEP capability, it can only deal with the less secure WPA option.

I am not willing to drop my preferred WEP just to facilitate one device, but I do have a spare router and I am wondering if it were possible to hook the second router up and allow him to connect using WPA?

Thanks for reading - help would be appreciated.

A:Adding a second router with WPA security while keeping WEP on my primary router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-second-router-with-wpa-security-while-keeping-wep-on-my-primary-router.1087152/
Relevancy 30.96%

I recently forwarding Wireless DSL Router through Port to Bridge/Router added a Linksys WRT N Wireless-N router to my home network and can no longer access my web ftp server from outside the local network Previously I was running Port forwarding through DSL Bridge/Router to Wireless Router a ZyXEL EQ- HW ADSL gateway in router mode as a hub and wireless AP With the ZyXEL running by itself I had Port forwarding through DSL Bridge/Router to Wireless Router no problem running XAMPP Apache FileZilla etc on my internal server with a dynamic DHCP ip address from my ISP Problem was that I needed wireless-n and the ZyXEL only went up to G So I put the ZyXEL in bridge-mode turned off its wireless and DHCP and connected the Linksys as a router firewall AP So far no problem - bridge works Linksys gets the external DHCP address internal network gets its subnet from the router and the wireless is up No problems routing internal to external - everything Port forwarding through DSL Bridge/Router to Wireless Router external to internal times-out I can ping my ISP DHCP external address however So it seems to me it a firewall problem I tried forwarding my main ports - and opening the same on my COMODO personal firewall No luck I turned on DMZ to my server with COMODO still on nothing Disabled software firewall and tried both regular forwarding and DMZ Still nothing Help I had the same problem before with the Linksys when it was using a cable-modem Also I was using AVG firewall before when it worked - I have newly switched to the COMODO nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/port-forwarding-through-dsl-bridge-router-to-wireless-router.141642/
Relevancy 30.96%

Oh the hassles!!! Just when I had the port forwarding perfected for my modem/router, I decide to go wireless.

My modem router is D-Link DSL-504G

My wirelss router is Netgear WGR614v7

My laptop is running XP

My webcam is Logitech Pro and I broadcast using UBroadcast on port 8080

OK, in the old days I would port forward from the D-Link IP 10.1.1.2 to port 8080

Now, I went to portforward.com and followed their instructions for the Netgear and portforwarded IP 192.168.1.136 to port 8080

Sooooooo, what do I portforward the D-link to now????

See if you can see out my window on my webcam. In WMP, File, Open URL, and put in
http://ladeda.no-ip.info:8080

Thanks in advance.

PS I don't think I am broadcasting...

Relevancy 30.53%

Lately, I have been getting computer crashes where my monitor loses a signal from the computer, the gpu fan goes to 100%, and my computer becomes unresponsive (shutdown keyboard command doesn't work). This happens more and more often, to the point where it crashes before the computer can even post. However, when I open up the computer and jiggle around the connections, sometimes pulling out cords and re-plugging them in, this seems to completely fix the problem, until a couple days pass and the process repeats. I am certain I have a loose connection somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Should I replace the power supply or the motherboard? Or could something else be causing the issue? Thank you for any help!

A:What to replace?

I would start with swapping in a known good pw supply. While the case is open, get a bright light and give the mb a VERY close inspection. Look for any capacitors that look like the pics below.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-to-replace.1066475/
Relevancy 30.53%

At random, XP will restart on its own. The computer was built less than 2 years ago and I'm not quite sure if it's a software or hardware issue. AMD 2600+, 1.9 ghz, 512mb RAM, windows XP, radeon 9600 graphics card.

I find the computer crashes when it's put under a heavy workload. For instance, I opened Spy Bot S&D to rule out any infections and within 30 seconds of running the application the computer restarted. This occured back to back just moments ago. Other times I am using WORD or browsing. This has been occuring for more than 4 months now.

I've ran a CPU application to max it out and again the computer restarts. It occurs everytime I run the program.

I also monitored my RAM while it performed and only 50% was being utilized.

How do I know it's the CPU and not the Motherboard or HD?

Thanks!

A:Do I need to replace my CPU?

Spobot Killed the Computer in the Den with the Fireplace Poker

This isn't "Clue" we're paying, you say?

Spybot uses 100% of the CPU. Your box could be entering thermal cutoff.
Use canned air to clean out the CPU/ heatsink, and just for good measure the rest of the insides as well.
Find out if your board has hardware monitoring and find what the critical zone temperatures are. You may have to install either the board manufacturers monitoring software or a utility like "Speedfan', available here at Techspot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-to-replace-my-cpu.96586/
Relevancy 30.53%

I recently had to take Os...... Hdd And Had The To Replace my new computer into the manufactures service office And they had to replace the HDD and install all the OS etc I am as before using Windows XP Pro Media Edition in the past before having the HDD problem I use to be able to Had To Replace The Hdd And Os...... access my on line bank account web page with no problem The web site was in my internet options trusted sites and it would access the banks SSL bit Encryption with no problems Now I come to use my computer after putting the banks web site address into the Trusted sites option when I try to access the bank web site it accesses it Ok but will Not open the web page all it say s in the bottom left hand of the screen is Done I have not as yet made any alterations to the new settings in the internet options As I did in the past could this not being able to access the bank web site be any Thing to do with all the internet options being set at default if so any ideas what needs to be altered with the internet options settings to enable me to access my bank account again I have followed the instructions at the Microsoft web site http Had To Replace The Hdd And Os...... support microsoft com kb but still no luck any one got an Idea what to do next please Thanks Mypenry

A:Had To Replace The Hdd And Os......

What is the URL? Does the bank's webpage require Java?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74462/had-to-replace-the-hdd-and-os/
Relevancy 30.53%

So my GPU has been buzzing a lot lately My graphics card is a MSI Radeon series The cause is the fan and I know because it s happened to me before with an GPU my Help me fan replace older card I need to replace this fan but I don t know what to purchase what would be compatible and what would fit The original fan is the same model as this one I found on ebay except mine doesn t have the yellow cable Mine has the same model number Help me replace my GPU fan and the sticker was exactly identical to that one the only difference being Help me replace my GPU fan it has one red and one black cable minus the yellow one So what size of fan do I need and how can I make sure the holes for the screws are going to be the right distance apart What kind of fan will not begin buzzing after long term use This one says it s a quot sleeve bearing quot and I d like to try and stay away from that if I can Thank you Also I could not for the life of me remove the fan s power cable from the card When the time comes any tips for that nbsp

A:Help me replace my GPU fan

I would remove the fan then see if you can match the size with this or similar from Ebay :- http://www.ebay.com/itm/65mm-DC-12V...491634?hash=item3aafbcd672:g:-rYAAOxyzfNRyFhK

You will have to match the electrical connector as well so check how many pins are in the board socket.
You may have to use some force to disconnect the present fan's power cable from the GPU board.
It is a plug/socket connection isn't it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-replace-my-gpu-fan.1162680/
Relevancy 30.53%

Friends computer Windows XP Home She s been having trouble with it restarting on her a bunch lately but she was always able to at least get to the Desktop before it rebooted without any error message or countdown like the blaster countdown When I was finally able to take a look at the computer it won t even get to the windows loading screen I m thinking the HDD is dead or not able to boot from some reason The drive will not boot Gives a blue error message after the bios POST Bios can check the drive and it fails I tried putting a disc in which I thought was a bootable PartitionMagic disc but it s not booting to it So I ll try using a bootable copy of Partition Magic and see what HDD? I just this replace Should it is before we buy a new drive Any ideas If the drive is not bootable now is it worth trying the PartitionMagic disc I m sure the disc I put in before was just a backupdisc that wasn t bootable and had the program s setupfiles on it Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

I bought a new 400w psu with my new case. (my mother board had been flakey with lower watt models and wanted to be safe.) It runs great however the fan is a little loud and I'm looking to quiet it down. I was going to replace it with an Enermax 80mm since they're speed ajustable and quiet. I don't come close to using all the connectors provided. I run a CDR, DVD, HDD, floppy and two case fans off of it. Would it be safe to replace it with a potentially lower RPM model like the enermax?

A:replace psu fan?

If you want the power you are going to have to put up with the noise , and the heat . the pentioms caust whay more then the athalons but the one biggy is heat . you gotta cool the **** outa those athalons .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-psu-fan.87957/
Relevancy 30.53%

HI iv noticed recently my psu fan does'nt spin on start up, despite the pc starting up normally and working fine.

Sometime i turn off and on then the fan will work also.

Do you think i need to replace my PSU or could it be something else?

A:Should I replace my PSU?

What is the make and model? This is not sounding good what you describe. A good working PSU is the backbone of any system.

Give us the rest of your system hardware including make and model of your motherboard, amount of RAM installed, harddrive and video card. This will help us help you if you feel you need it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-replace-my-psu.135404/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a laptop that just shut down on me. when I try to restart I get to the screen for windows to start loading for about half a sec and then blue screen that flashes to fast to read anything on it. when I try to do a sys. restore from my XP CD I get this error message "PXE-E61 Media test failure, cable check". Any ideas?

A:need help to see what i need to fix or replace

Sounds as though it thinks it's needs starting from a network and that would make me wonder if it's been taken over remotely so when you do get it started, it might have a major malware infection. Tap the Delete, Function 2 or whichever other key you need to go into BIOS or Setup and seek out Boot Options or similar and make sure the order is set to boot from hard disk first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-to-see-what-i-need-to-fix-or-replace.884075/