Windows Support Forum

Two computers, desktop and notebook, notebook not getting int. connection

Q: Two computers, desktop and notebook, notebook not getting int. connection

We've got a desktop hooked into a linksys B router, and a notebook that accesses the internet wirelessly thru that router. lately we havent been able to get a decent connection with the notebook, and if we've gotten any at all, it gets dropped soon. is the desktop getting the majority of the bandwidth, which is eliminating the notebook from getting enough? if so, is there anyway to limit the amount that the desktop is getting?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Two computers, desktop and notebook, notebook not getting int. connection

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Two computers, desktop and notebook, notebook not getting int. connection

What changed from when it was working to now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-computers-desktop-and-notebook-notebook-not-getting-int-connection.398157/
Relevancy 79.55%

I owuld like anyones opinion on laptop computers. Is there a huge difference these days ad far as durability and reliability? So many out there, how do you know whats better, ask peoples opinions I guess so thats what I'm doing. I head Sony's were good but if they needed repair parts were totally outragous. Heard Gateways arent what they used to be. Dell the way to go these days? Could sure use some users opinions rather than sales talk

A:Notebook computers

Depends what your going to use it for ,as to what PC desktop or laptop you require.

What is your budget?

Laptops have come a long way but they are still not a desktop....

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and its fine but if you want to play games then unless you have a big budget then on some games the laptop will struggle.

Check Dells site and get some ideas and prices...and the most important remember what you want to use it for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-computers.521713/
Relevancy 78.69%

Let me tell you my little horror story Last year while traveling to Shanghai my HP laptop stopped working By utilitizing my international warranty I had the hard drive replaced It seemed like a typical hard drive replacement Non-System Disk Not Found Error IDE Computers Connectors Notebook on Blue screens etc After awful performance from the PC for the last few months it is now concluded that IDE Connectors on Notebook Computers the IDE Connector from the motherboard to the Hard Disk is in fact IDE Connectors on Notebook Computers the problem - and always was HP Tech Support in explaning my tale loves the line quot Surely Mr Crosson you have to understand my limitations quot And A Since the repair in Shanghai is not listed in the US Support System and B Since the warranty is now expired they are unwilling to repair the laptop and told me instead that I have to bring it to a service center which in actuality is just any CompUSA Staples or Best Buy HP totally ripped me off They did not replace the item correctly under warranty but now since it is expired they are unwilling to help My frustration here leads to two questions Do any of you have any similar tales that you may have solved and how did you go about getting a reaction from a big company like HP Furthermore does anybody know how I might go about fixing the IDE Connector on the notebook Can I really replace a notebook motherboard without incurring a tremendous cost And can I do it without bringing the machine to a Best Buy etc which I really don t want to do Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

A problem has recently developed with my Envy notebook nbsp nbsp About weeks ago my entire wireless network began slowing down when on it nbsp nbsp Noticeable on all devices nbsp nbsp nbsp When my provider came out checked and tweaked some issues it appeared to be ok nbsp nbsp I went on with my daughers HP laptop and was drawing - mbps all over the house nbsp When I reconnected mine to the system I was only pulling up and down nbsp nbsp It doesn't start right dow... sucks 7260 - ENVY w/intel Notebook notebook - m7-k111dx away but after a few minutes nbsp nbsp So I put my duaghers right next ot mine and low and behold when I ran her's it pulled - also nbsp nbsp So I turned my wi-fi off and hers' popped right back up nbsp nbsp I have also tried this with an old XP mini my i-pads etc nbsp nbsp As soon as mine gets on the network the speed crashes nbsp nbsp nbsp This also happens with no one else home and no other devies conncted nbsp I have downloaded the latest up to date Intel driver for this network adapter and it hasn't changed anything nbsp Any ideas ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

A:ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

Bill_Ving Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wireless networking poor performance and wanted to help. My immediate guess is that you might have mixed-mode networking going on.  This happens when you have two different PCs networking in two different modes -- one using "G", the other using "N".  The wireless router (or access point) can optimize performance for either mode, but not for both.  So, the "G" mode drags down the performance of the "N" mode PC, but even worse, with the router set for mixed modes, it performs more slowly than with either PC connected by itself.Here are some other troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8) | HP® Customer SupportGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/ENVY-Notebook-m7-k111dx-w-intel-7260-notebook-sucks-down/td-p/5591130
Relevancy 76.11%

I made a Google notebook to keep the minutes of a meeting my business partners and I held last weekend. I made them all collaborators on the notebook so they could all make any changes or annotations they felt necessary. However, when they go to access this notebook they are prompted for a password.

There is nowhere (at least that I can find) to even choose to password protect the notebook let alone change the password. I'm pretty confused as to what password the notebook could be. The only thing I can think of is that it's asking for the password to my gmail account, which I don't really want to be handing out. Any ideas on this one gang?

Stink

A:Why do Google notebook collaborators need a password to access the notebook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-google-notebook-collaborators-need-a-password-to-access-the-notebook.691569/
Relevancy 76.11%

The hinge on my much-loved Notebook has become 'loose'. Can I find repair help locally? Baltimore,  MD area. What is the correct term(s) to use to describe the problem? 

A:TouchSmart Notebook TV notebook swivel hinge repair?

https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hp%20service%20center... You can tell them that the hinges are loose 

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/TouchSmart-Notebook-TV-notebook-swivel-hinge-repair/td-p/5629497
Relevancy 74.39%

My own notebook (Asus EEE PC S101), running Windows XP service pack 3) was twice redirected to an unknown website when I wanted to visit the Guardian newspaper website. I was using IE version 8. Then the notebook froze. When this happened, I had to switch it off without using Cleanup, which I have used safely for a long time. When I had switched it on again, I used Firefox to go to the Techsupport Forum. I followed the instructions to download dds.scr and began running it. Then the notebook froze again. It still tells me "Two logs shall be created on your desktop" Now the cursor does not move any more either. I write this from another notebook, but I cannot create a logfile,m as everything is frozen on my own notebook. Help, please,

Bienh

A:Malware freezes Notebook (posting from other notebook)

Hi and Welcome!!

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that.... Let's get going!!
----------

Are you able to boot to Safe Mode at all? If you are, try to run DDS from there and when the logs are made please post them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-freezes-notebook-posting-from-other-notebook-691915.html
Relevancy 74.39%

My wife has a two-year-old Samsung notebook. Recently when she unplugged it the machine cut off, even though the battery said 79% charged (it wouldn't charge any further). I figured that the battery was bad so I bought another one from Amazon.

This one charges to 100% percent and does exactly the same thing. I'm perplexed but think there's something going on with the motherboard that won't let it use battery juice, even if Windows 8.1 says it's 100% charged.

I've tried the hold the power button down for 1 min with the battery out trick to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm stumped and think I might need to get her another notebook.

Thanks, Robert

Relevancy 74.39%

New here and so I hope that I am posting in the correct place My new notebook an M -MX was in the warranty depot as we thought it had a dvd burning problem however that was not the case it was the media Anyway before it was sent into the toshiba warranty depot the level tech phone support said to get the computer to be like it was when I unboxed it days earlier new and old with now notebook ghost problems?? notebook Ghosted this was last month And so to my frustration all of my programs were removed however before doing this the software techie at the office Ghosted it to my Western Digital Storage Unit and then sent it off to the Warranty Depot While it was in the shop I used my yr old toshiba satellite which I am now typing on at this moment I was finally able to get the software tech from the office to reGhost my new toshiba new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? M on this past Saturday and left it with him for a couple of hrs and then returned to pick it up as there was not much in the way of programs on it and so it wouldn t take long to Ghost the Images back Well in my Western Digital Storage unit are Ghosts of this year old satellite that I am presently using After the techie new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? got my Restore Disk installed and tried to reGhost the image onto the New M it crashed He was using the wrong Ghost he new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? was using the one that was from this unit I was not happy especially after he claimed that he now had it Ghosted with the proper Image and I tried it out and it was very sloooooow to Boot He said it was my Norton I keep a log and had brought it with me and showed him how long the Boots took before it was sent off to the Warranty Depot with all the few programs that I had installed on it He had been doing other work and coming back to my unit while it was Ghosting and when it was finished I also asked him to plug in my gig SanDisk flashdrive and he went into My Computer and clicked on the drive and it simply hung there with the Timer showing Needless to say I am not happy and am wondering if the fact that he Ghosted the wrong image from my year old Satellite on it could have done any damage He said he would call me this AM and hasn t so I left a message with him I used my USB SanDisk before and there were no problems now he is trying to tell me that this drive has a peculiar install program that can cause problems I googled for it and found nothing I talked to the computer retailer a small outlet that I frequent and they indicated that it is simply plug and play Why the tech mentioned a problematic install program is beyond me as all i was trying to do was read the contents Is there a possibility that this notebook has been damaged by trying to Ghost this satellite to it He did do a full disc system restore the second time he did the Ghost Imaging however the computer is acting SlOOOOOOOOw to boot the SanDisk simply hangs there with the timer showing I would appreciate any comments as I am frustrated as to what is going on here I mean I would assume a techie would label the Ghost image with a name so that he knew which computer it belongs to Thankyou for your time nbsp

A:new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems??

Something you might want to try (it's a pita) is a repair of windows - this may fix some of the slowness issues you're seeing. The install program he's talking about is probably the U3 component of many larger USB pen drives. I think it's on most of Sandisk's newer large drives. A repair of windows might also take care of this. I seriously doubt that putting the wrong image on the machine and then putting another image on could do any damage to the machine itself - the folks here at my job do it all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-notebook-ghosted-with-old-notebook-ghost-and-now-problems.59864/
Relevancy 72.24%

As I said above - my laptop cannot connect to a wifi networks, I am forced to use LAN cable in order to get it online.It still shows me the list of available networks but then says that it can't connect to it.WiFi adapter - ralink rt3290, I tried installing different versions of OS, drivers - didn't help.I've already tried all the common solutions for wifi adapter problems so please, let's avoid them.Any ideas?

A:My notebook can't get into any wi-fi connection.

Hi Well I don't know if I have any un-common fixes, and perhaps to avoid personal embarassment and shame I shouldn't offer a fix in case it is a common one. You say it cannot to a Wi-Fi networks, so if this includes open networks then it is quite a serious problem. So if I had a home network I would drop all the security and firewalls, no encryption, not even WEP, and try thataway. I know enough to have the basics covered so would be surprised if that failed. So I would ping a few places, like 127.0.0.1, 192.168.0.1, and make a judgement on that.  That is me. For you, since the hardware must be installed for the networks to show, I would suspect the driver software is wrong. I had a printer problem that could not be fixed with over an hours worth of HP intervention in my machine.Problem solved by a different set of drivers, not the official HP ones, but the official HP ones. Yes crazy, but that was what happened.  HP techs put their official version in, as did I and NADA.  A re-install of windows and HP autobot put in their official ones and they worked perfectly.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-notebook-can-t-get-into-any-wi-fi-connection/td-p/5572122
Relevancy 71.81%

I m wondering if there is a converter or some other way to hook up a standard notebook HDD through IDE in a desktop I ask this because I had a drive crash on my laptop a few years back and lost a lot of stuff I d like to try and salvage original high dpi digital artwork various projects and such I tried downloading some of these disk recovery programs a while back and using the drive in a external usb enclosure However the a in HDD Notebook Desktop? majority of these programs I tried will not recognize the external drives as actual hard drives As such the programs won t try to recover anything from them since it looks at them as folders instead I ve only been able to get one desktop to even quot see quot the drive in the enclosure in My Computer others I ve tried won t even bring it up but it gives an error saying that it s not formatted or corrupt obviously Many people have told me that if I could manage to hook it up directly thorugh IDE then those recovery programs may be able to Notebook HDD in a Desktop? pick it up But Notebook HDD in a Desktop? since it s a notebook drive well I can t do that So yeah that s why I was asking and also any suggestions for recovery Notebook HDD in a Desktop? programs that are good and at least have a trial to see what COULD be recovered before paying would be helpful Or any other suggestions you all might have as well nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Android phone not show in my computer. Hello Dear Sir,       when i connect my android phone to my laptop, it not shown in this pc/my computer as MTP device. i install android usb driver but problem not solve.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Android-connection-with-notebook/td-p/5847083
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello all I am new to this forum but think it s an excellent idea help! Notebook WiFi Connection and will contribute where I can I ordered a quot Tevtec Mini Notebook quot from ebay for my daughter It s made in Japan was shipped from the US to my sister s address in the UK and I am trying to get it to work on a quot Livebox quot in France where I live It is supplied with Windows software usually used on mobiles I think it is the networking settings I need to set correctly It can see the live box but when I click on quot Connect quot it goes through the following four stages Status Not Connected Signal Strength No Signal I click on connect then Status Associating with Livebox BFDA Failed to connect to Livebox BFDA Signal Strength Excellent Status Nor Connected Signal Strength Excellent Status Nor Connected Signal Strength No Signal I have an opportunity to configure the following settings Encryption WEP Disabled Authentication Share Open WPA WPA WPA -PSK WPA-PSK IEEE x Authentication Enable x authentication on this network Tick Box and if I check the box there is a choice of EAP Type EAP or TLS I bought this for my daughter and gave it to her last night but she is mighty disappointed that I can t get her onto her onto the net so anyone that can help would be making a little girl very happy Notebook WiFi Connection help! Many thanks in advance Wallplug nbsp

A:Notebook WiFi Connection help!

Well, first off, remove 802.1x authentication! Unless you're connecting to a corporate wireless network with a RADIUS server, you'll never get that working.
Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-wifi-connection-help.956129/
Relevancy 71.38%

My friend has the v2000 notebook and I think the cables from the LCD screen became loose because the picture fuzzes up and the colours become disfigured.

I can easily take apart and build a desktop, but I have never dissected a notebook and wouldn't know where to start. Any idea of what wires are loose and any ways for me to properly reattach them?

A:Notebook LCD connection issues

There's usually a ribbon cable that connect the screen to the laptop motherboard. Google the notepad model with the term "repair manual" or "remove screen" and see if you can get a walkthrough on taking that bad boy apart. BE VERY CAREFUL, it's not worth doing without a manual/tutorial. I made the mistake of that and ended breaking two parts of the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-lcd-connection-issues.910091/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Speedtouch 530 connected to DSL, a desktop running on XP Home with two LAN cards, and a notebook running on XP Pro with one LAN card and USB connections.

I connected the desktop to the Speedtouch using one of the LAN cards and the notebook to the Speedtouch through USB.

I connected the desktop and the notebook using a crossover cable, the second desktop LAN card, and the notebook LAN card.

When I enable the LAN connection of the notebook, I'm able to access the shared folder of the desktop (and vice versa), but the Internet connection of the notebook slows down and then stops completely. It speeds up only after I disable the LAN connection.

I'd like to know if it's possible to access the Internet using the notebook without having to disable the notebook LAN connection.

A:Using Speedtouch 530, one desktop, and one notebook

I got the answer from Speedtouch support. Since both computers are connected to the Internet through the same modem, then both computers can connect to each other using the same modem. Just set a local IP address for each computer (e.g., 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.2) then set the default gateway and preferred DNS server to 10.0.0.138.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-speedtouch-530-one-desktop-and-one-notebook.364306/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hoping someone can help last couple of times I've switched my computer on it seems ok then says preparing desktop (unusual) then comes up with a safe mode looking screen with the recycle bin as the only icon and says it can't load desktop,(very unusual) then if I switch it off and on again it works fine I've run virus scans as this problem started happening after I was on the internet and have run Spybot Search and Destroy but they all come up with nothing... this has me really worried, why is it doing this? can anyone tell me? thanks to anyone who can help!

A:Notebook 'can't display desktop'

Quote: Originally Posted by Ozlaine

Hoping someone can help last couple of times I've switched my computer on it seems ok then says preparing desktop (unusual) then comes up with a safe mode looking screen with the recycle bin as the only icon and says it can't load desktop,(very unusual) then if I switch it off and on again it works fine I've run virus scans as this problem started happening after I was on the internet and have run Spybot Search and Destroy but they all come up with nothing... this has me really worried, why is it doing this? can anyone tell me? thanks to anyone who can help!

Do control+alt+delete and choose start task manager. Then, type in cmd.exe and press enter. (be sure to be doing this as an administrator)
Then, type in sfc /scannow and press enter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235125-notebook-cant-display-desktop.html
Relevancy 70.95%

can you add a notebook hd to a desktop that already has one? It looks like there is another connector on theon the thing that connects to the desktops hd. I think it uses master slave.

Relevancy 70.95%

I have some files in my notebook and would like to move them into my

desktop and never had a reason to do this before , I would like to know

how to hook them up . Both machines have xp and are fairly new - I was

just going to burn the few files to cd and move them over like that ,but

the burner software seems to be on the fritz and I want to transfer the

files before I take the notebook in for warranty service. thanks.....osha

A:connect notebook to desktop

The cheapest way to connect them is via CROSSOVER ethernet cable.

However, if you really want to network them, since you have a notebook, consider wireless.

For simplicity (just look at all the network problems in this forum!), and if you just want to move some files once in awhile, consider a USB "memory stick." Probably a 128MB would do you, but consider your largest file that you may want to move. Ease of use is comparable to a floppy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-notebook-to-desktop.356124/
Relevancy 70.95%

Very well. Both run Win 7; both use lan conections to the same router (Linksys 310N). Both get to the internet. And while the network map shows both of them, they are both unreachable. BUT NOT ALWAYS. Sometimes, maybe after several hours of uptime, they can access eachother. And the printers, which are wired into the desktop, then can be used by the notebook. BUT not always. Like now, all my printers are "offline" as far as the notebook is concerned.

There are also wireless connections but currently I don't use them. Both machines are on the same-named connection. Homegroup doesn't work at all on either computer.

RON

Relevancy 70.52%

On my wife's laptop running Vista home premium, I noticed that it was downloading an update at an abnormally slow rate. I stopped the update and performed a speed test; the laptop is getting consistently between 128 and 300 kbps or so, whether it is connected via LAN cable, or Wireless connection. I hooked up my Desktop's NIC to the same cable, and it is getting a consistent 3000 kbps. I thought perhaps she had a rogue process, so I checked her task manager's performance monitor, all looks nominal, and it shows no network traffic when idling. What are some of the things that could cause such a slow-down, when other computers on the network perform so much better under the same conditions? Please let me know if I can provide any further information to help us figure this out. Thank you.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/180906-notebook-internet-connection-slowness.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have always had some difficulty with the auto connection feature from my laptop I recently purchased a new D-Link notebook adaptor WNA- and with some help from D-Link it successfully worked The old Notebook Auto Connection Adaptor adaptor software was not able to be uninstalled due to some problem with the software so we just deleted the old driver from the device manager Each time I reboot the laptop the connection is not automatically connected and I need to run the Notebook Adaptor Auto Connection repair feature to get connected As the repair completes it provides an error message quot Can not complete Clearing DNS Cache quot and at the same time everything is connected and the Internet connection icon appears on the Network Connections screen Everything seems to Notebook Adaptor Auto Connection work fine from this point forward I am running windows xp professional I have a d-link router and encryption is turned on The setting for TCP IP for IP address and DNS Server address are both set to automatic Can anybody give me some ideas on what to try nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Windows Home Premium bit retail from PC World Sony Viao VPCF S E WiFi Intel Centrino Advanced-N AGN notebook wifi adapter BT HomeHub v router configured using factory settings config for PlusNet ADSL My notebook keeps losing WiFi connection This only started happening when I took delivery of this used Sony Vaio We have three other notebooks in the house of different models all which worked flawlessly for years keeps notebook WiFi connection loosing All that has changed is the arrival of the Sony Viao So the Viao keeps requesting a lease from the Router here is a log file extract Code Apr Admin login successful by on HTTP Apr CCA failure gt second Apr Wire Lan Port down Apr CCA failure gt second Apr Wire Lan Port up Apr CCA failure gt second Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr CCA failure gt second Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr CCA failure notebook keeps loosing WiFi connection gt second Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr CCA failure gt second Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr CCA failure gt second Apr BLOCKED more packets because notebook keeps loosing WiFi connection of Packet invalid in connection Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr BLOCKED more packets because of Packet invalid in connection Apr BLOCKED more packets because of Packet invalid in connection Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr BLOCKED more packets because of Packet invalid in connection Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr BLOCKED more packets because of Packet invalid in connection Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr CCA failure gt second Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp Apr CCA failure gt second Apr BLOCKED more packets because of Packet invalid in connection Apr IN BLOCK Packet invalid in connection TCP - gt on ppp When I connect the Viao using a cat cable to the router all is well So I turned to the WiFi card I removed the TCP IP stack Code ipconfig flushdns nbtstat -R nbtstat -RR netsh int reset all netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset then I ran Windows Update to get the very latest essential and recommended updates I removed the WiFi card from Device Manager and selected quot remove driver software quot Then in Device Manager I scanned for new hardware and the WiFi card appeared albeit as an quot Unknown Network Adapter quot which was ok and as expected as I had just removed all driver S W Then I downloaded the correct drivers from Intel using their own Java plugin to identify and update the driver Now Device Manager recognises the device and reports the correct driver v dated th September Great so far Then I create a connection to my Router which has worked flawlessly for two years with three other notebooks Connection Great but then about every minutes I loose the connection a delay whilst DHCP lease is acquired then a reconnect then minutes and a disconnect and so on - repetitively Any ideas nbsp

A:notebook keeps loosing WiFi connection

Have you tried the latest wireless driver from Sony's web site?

My notebook keeps losing WiFi connection. This only started happening when I took delivery of this used Sony Vaio.Click to expand...

How do you know it did not occur before you took delivery? What encryption was being used then and what encryption are you using now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-keeps-loosing-wifi-connection.1123310/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello guys!

I have a problem with my Fujitsu Lifebook E733 (windows 7 operating system). It was working fine until it unexpectidly disconnected from the wireless network. The wireless network is fully functional (or if it wasn't I couldn't be sending this ) , buy I think it's a laptop's problem. The windows network diagnosis found two problems:
1. Wireless capability is turned off
2. A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

The wireless card on the laptop doesn't do anything when I press it (none of the buttons close to it do except the power button )

Can you please help me with that problem?

Thank you.

Relevancy 70.52%

I'm having trouble with this computer,like every 3-4 mins my connection will automatically disconnected.i dont know why it cant be in my internet connection because my other computer work's fine,so it should be the problem it's on my computer..now im trying to found out the cause of the problem and i really dont how to fix this...i really need help!

A:My HP G60 Notebook has problem on connection to the internet!

i have moved to networking forum
would you post the following
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide say... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hp-g60-notebook-has-problem-on-connection-to-the-internet.1017966/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everybody!

I recently switched my 2 desktops, one from wireless to hard wired, and the other from hard wired to wireless. Everything seems to be running smoothly, and I haven't had any real problems with the 2 desktops.

However, I have a notebook, which was connecting fine before the switch, now does not connect at all.

It does SAY it is connected to the Linksys router, and the connection strength is "excellent", but I can not get online. I keep getting the "www.google.com could not be found" error box.

When I go into Wireless Network Connection Status, it says status is connected, network is linksys, speed is 11.0mbps, signal strength is all 5 bars.. but under "activity" it says Packets being sent is 183 and packets being recieved is 27. Is that bad?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks!

Renee

Relevancy 70.52%

Hoody Hoo! Newbie here. I have Comcast for my cable and internet connection at home. I have a Dell Dimension Desktop (521E). My mother and I were just graced by my brother with two of his slightly used notebooks. Before I attempt the WiFi, or whatever, does anyone have any suggestions I can start with? I want to do this the correct and totally legal way, but would like for us both to have internet connectivity (seems like a good word... is it a word?). Thanks in advance for all your help!

Shanomaly

P.S: I looked through the Forum, but couldn't find specifics on what to procure before attempting connection. Hope this post is ok.

A:Solved: Notebook Internet Connection

how about this

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/organization/wirelesssetup.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-notebook-internet-connection.924389/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have no clue what is happening to computer. system restore, help and support, firewall when i click on anything to try to fix or restore just says ....service is stopped and would i like to start. I push yes and nothing. Went to
system configuration and most services have stopped running. im using another computer so i can read what to do and fixx other one. no internet on one im trying to fix. ready to just shut it off and throw whole thing away.

A:HP notebook internet connection problem

HP notebook with built in WI-FI will connect to network but network wont connect to internet. Its windows vista no 7. does anyone ever respond to these posts.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432880/hp-notebook-internet-connection-problem/
Relevancy 70.52%

Arrgh! I have a Gateway Solo 1450 which works great EXCEPT the power connection on the back is loose, so I can't use the AC adapter. Can I replace this?? How do I open the back?? I have taken out all the screws, but there is something holding the back on at the power supply.

Thanks

A:Gateway Notebook Power Connection

Hi and welcome. Check the manual on Gateway's website. Hopefully it isn't under warranty, otherwise you may void it by tinkering.

Had a similar thing happen on an HP. If I could get the plug in just so so, it would work. You may need some soldering skills once you break into it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-power-connection.391176/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,

Is it possible to connect a Notebook HDD to my Destop?
Because i've got a Notebook HDD with a lock in it and i need to format it but i cannot access the HDD,
So It's a Toshiba 320 GB HDD SATA.

I hope you can help me.

A:Harddisc Drive Notebook to Desktop

Hard drives are electronically (and sometimes also physically) the same. You should be able to connect it to your desktop and do whatever you want with the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277033-harddisc-drive-notebook-desktop.html
Relevancy 70.52%

To what desktop cpu does this notebook cpu compare to?
AMD Athlon Dual Core QL-60 ~1.90GHz

A:Solved: To what desktop cpu does this notebook cpu compare to?

http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-to-what-desktop-cpu-does-this-notebook-cpu-compare-to.875193/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,

I have an older Toshiba Tecra A5 notebook which does not have a built-in DVD drive, nor do I have an external DVD drive. BIOS does not support USB boot, but does have a PXE boot option.

My desktop is an older Dell model with a working DVD, but no wireless capabilities.

Both computers are running activated Win 7 Ultimate X86 and are connected through a wireless access point ...Linksys WRT54Gv8: running firmware is micro dd-wrt. Both IP's are dynamic, but almost never change.

Objective is to use Ultimate boot CD to completely wipe and re-partion the Tecra via the desktop, where Ultimate boot is located.

Unable to employ ADHOC, desktop is not wireless, cannot afford to buy anything new, and I also enjoy a good challenge.
I am looking for the most basic method, without using homegroup nonsense etc.

Thank you

A:Clean boot to notebook via desktop over PXE

Can anyone offer assistance please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241908-clean-boot-notebook-via-desktop-over-pxe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all,

A very good friend of mine offered me this hard drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145180

It's a Hitachi Travelstar 7k200 2.5" SATA HDD.... It has 16MB cache and a 7200 RPM speed.
My current drive is a WD Caviar SE 8MB cache and 7200RPM speed, so that notebook HDD should be quicker, am I right?

Since its SATA, I'm thinking about buying it and use it as my primary HDD on my desktop computer......

Is this possible to do? Im mostly sure I can use normal SATA data and power cables to connect it to my motherboard, right?

So do you recommend it? (My friend asked me only 20 bucks for it, and yes, the HDD is new )

Thanks =)

A:Is it recommended to use a notebook HDD on a desktop computer?

Can't see any issue except for mounting obviously.
Can I have one too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-recommended-to-use-a-notebook-hdd-on-a-desktop-computer.100829/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,
Im trying to set up a wireless network between my desktop and notebook with no success.

On my notebook, in the network folder I can see the desktop but when I double click on it, the following message appears: \\COMPUTERXXXXXX is not a accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.... Access is denied.

If I try the inverse way (desktop-notebook), a username and passowrd is asked, which I have no idea of what they really are.

Both machines use windows Vista. Any idea of what might be wrong?

Cheers!

A:Desktop/Notebook wireless network

Do you have passwords on both machines? Vista default is to inhibit networking if the account has no password.

If you create a user account on each machine with the name/password used to login to the connecting machine, you should remove the password prompt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-notebook-wireless-network.597692/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have an HP dv9000 notebook running Vista. The LCD died, so I replaced it (along with the inverter) from another dv9000. The desktop now extends off the bottom and right side of the screen. I tried changing the aspect ratio and the resolution, but it still extends off the screen. Any suggestions for fixing this would be greatly apreciated. It is driving me crazy!

Bob

A:Installed New LCD on Notebook, Desktop off the screen

please continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/866655-desktop-runs-off-screen.html
and bump to get back to top of forum, if no replies in 24hrs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-new-lcd-on-notebook-desktop-off-the-screen.867500/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have an Acer AX1700-U3793A desktop with Vista x64 SP1. There is a battery icon in the tray and the power management options have a section "On Battery" in addition to "Plugged In". I went to install SP2 and it stopped and told me I'm on battery power. My wife has the sam computer as they arrived the same day. Hers is not showing this. I got stuck with the odd-ball.

Is there any way to fix this other than restore the operating system with her restore disks. I hate to have to reinstall all the stuff I have on this computer plus getting rid of all the crapware and bloatware that's preinstalled.

A:My Vista desktop thinks it's a notebook...

Hello N7AS, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Is your desktop computer connected to a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) type of battery power backup that is also plugged into the wall? If it is, then you would see the battery icon as well.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230347-my-vista-desktop-thinks-its-notebook.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm getting a new notebook with Vista Home Premium and currently have a desktop with XP home. I am going to set up a wireless network and would also like to share files, folders, and printer. I have been doing Google searches on how to share files and folders. It seems like it should be easy, but not sure. How would I share my printer which is connected to the XP machine? Would all I have to do is enable file and printer sharing?? Do I also have to enable Client for Microsoft Network? I read that you have to have the same workgroup name in Vista that is on the XP machine..I'm sorta new at this and need all the help I can get. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi All, I am facing issue with my HP notebook r007tx where I am struggling to use WiFi consistently, sometime it connects and sometime it does not, saying "Windows can not connect to network". I have tried all the steps shared by HP tech support including update of BIOS, installing/uninstalling WiFi driver and even OS. HP has assinged, case ID 4775373193 almost one week ago and pormissed one engineer will visit my home to fix the issue, but so far no one has visited and called me. It's not a good experience when product is under warranty and that's called next day onsite warranty and even after one week, no satisfactory solution has been provided. Anyways, I f any one has any idea how to resolve this issue, please let me know. ThanksDinesh

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-connection-inconsistent-in-Notebook-r007tx/td-p/5721533
Relevancy 69.66%

Can Anyone help me understand how to do this I run XP Home I am of quot limited quot computer skills but try and up D-Link to Help Please wireless router!! me from set notebook connection learn fast if helped I have an HP notebook that came with a wireless card inside I have a broadband ISP that wants to charge Please Help me set up wireless connection from notebook to D-Link router!! to make me to go wireless with there equipement a month But a year ago I installed a dual wireless hardwired capable D-Link quot DI- AirPLUS G Wireless Router quot and have been using it only as a hardware firewall with my wired internet connection from my ISP s modem BUT now I have a Real Need to go wireless in a few rooms away in my apartment my boyfriend will continue using his desktop wired to the router where it is now The AirPLUS D-Link Wireless capable router came with an installation CD that is SO very confusing to understand the setup Has anyone done this and can PLEASE help me with the steps PLEASE try and help me set this up I don t want to interfere with my boyfriends wired connection to his desktop But I need to move aroung here wirelessly on my notebook nbsp

A:Please Help me set up wireless connection from notebook to D-Link router!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-set-up-wireless-connection-from-notebook-to-d-link-router.443621/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello all I've a problem with my new nbsp -AC NL notebook purchased few days ago The wi-fi connection is too weak if I keep the PC one nbsp meter far from router I get only - bars of in the connection nbsp properties and if I go just meters and a pair of rooms far I get - bars of and frequent disconnections nbsp Also the speed degrades I see and notebook on weak connection wifi 15-AC158NL new close to the weak wifi connection on new 15-AC158NL notebook router too is not at nbsp maximum Otherwise my old HP s notebook with Windows had nbsp never nbsp problems in the same position m and keep - bars without disconnections I verified the strength of wi-fi router with cell phone too no problem I already tried all the solutions suggested nbsp by the HP support assistant on PC and on the HP support site too but without any results nbsp I cannot believe that a new NB can have a so weak connection nbsp I have no other ideas different from an HW nbsp fault Thanks for your help

A:weak wifi connection on new 15-AC158NL notebook

Hello, I have the same problem on my brand new Pavilion 15 bj000nh laptop. First, it was even worse, it couldn't detect the wifi from even 4 meters. Then, I upgreaded the software of the Broadcom card (802.11n). IT helped a bit, but even with the newest software, my laptop has the connectivity problems that you have mentioned before. (1 or 2 bars of 5, frequent disconnection from 8 meters, and 2 rooms). This problem is very annoying, makes even impossible to use the computer. I hope this can be solved...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/weak-wifi-connection-on-new-15-AC158NL-notebook/td-p/5596643
Relevancy 69.66%

I keep getting the following message on my advent 4211c notebook and cannot repair the connection:- "Limited or no connectivity
You might not be able to access the internet or some network resources. This problem occured because the network did not assign a network address to he computer."
Running cmd>ipconfig/all the 802.11b/g mini card wireless adapter connection has the following results/;-
physical address: 00-21-85-B3-5D-BA
DCHP ENABLED: YES
AUTOCONFIGURATION ENABLED: YES
IP ADDRESS: 0.0.0.0
SUBNET MASK: 0.0.0.0
DEFAULT GATEWAY:
DHCP SERVER: 255.255.255.255

Do you have any suggestions for me to follow please? I have to warn you that I am not at all technical!
Many thanks,
jla

A:No IP address assigned to my notebook on wireless connection

anything else connected to the wireless and working all OK
does it work OK when connected by cable to the router

lets see an xirrus screen shot - see below

IP addresses of all zeros are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
DHCP Service not running.
Duplicate IP address on the network.
Bad NIC card drivers.
Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.

Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, restart (power cycle) the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.

Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.

Replace the Network Interface Card.
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-ip-address-assigned-to-my-notebook-on-wireless-connection.974997/
Relevancy 69.66%

i have my first notebook connected to D-Link DIR-600 and its working but i am trying to connect to second notebook,can not connect to internet,i appreciate some help.

A:i can't connect my second notebook to d-link DIR-600,no network connection,pls help

i saw most likely the same question in here then i tried following the procedures,but i guess my router and pc is different from the other post,help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-connect-my-second-notebook-to-d-link-dir-600-no-network-connection-pls-help.1039900/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have Windows 10 Pro and use my notebook between home and office.  I have identical HP 8600 officejet printers at each location.  In Windows 8, there used to be a selection to choose what would be the default printer to use depending on which network was connected at the time. Because the printers are identical, I am having difficulty (occasionally) connecting to the 'home' network printer. Is that old tool available anywhere, or is there an HP fix? Mark 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Notebook-connection-to-different-printers-based-on-multiple/td-p/5846931
Relevancy 69.66%

hi, i have bought a new medion p6612 notebook, but im finding it impossible to connect to the internet,firstly i tried with 3mobile broadband and after installing when i pressed connect it said ..unable to connect please check your settings, this i done with customer support with no luck. then i tried orange mobile same thing happened ,i then took it to pc world signed up again with 3mobile and asked them to install it. they failed.im about to take it back i give up....can anyone help thanks

A:medion p6612 notebook,connection problems

wow, thanks for all your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/medion-p6612-notebook-connection-problems.767942/
Relevancy 69.66%

A colleague told me that he used to sync his notebook with his desktop PC
by syncing a tree (in explorer?) and he was able to tell the sync to exclude
files below a ceratin directory (to reduce the amount of files being synced).
That was under Windows XP.

Now, he says, in Windows 7, he doesn't have this feature to stop at a certain directory level (depth).

Besides this I wonder by which means he is doing that sync? Is such possible with using shares, does Windows explorer have such a feature?

--
Christoph

A:Syncing a tree between desktop and notebook (both Windows 7)

It sounds like SyncToy would do what you want. I use it often.

Download: SyncToy 2.1 - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251297-syncing-tree-between-desktop-notebook-both-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

My HP pavilion 15 notebook does not showing any desktop icons and also when I tried to open the icons like recycle bin and other folders from file explorer it is taking so much time

A:My HP pavilion 15 notebook does not showing desktop icons an...

Hi, 1. No, Windows 10 does not keep all icons on your desktop. Hit Win key now you can see them (not all of them) there and you can pin them (one at a time) to Tarkbar by right click then Pin to Taskbar. 2. Recycle bin has limited spacce on the HDD. It also keeps information from deleted files elsewhere. When it gets full, it will take long time to open. You may want to empty it frequently. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-HP-pavilion-15-notebook-does-not-showing-desktop-icons/td-p/5769280
Relevancy 69.66%

Running Outlook SP on XP Pro I ve had my Outlook pst running in default IMO fashion on my desktop for a long time size now up to about GB though I m trying to archive most of that see quot Some emails won t archive quot a few threads below to and Moving notebook desktop Outlook.pst back from I have a new notebook and need to run Outlook on that instead for about Moving Outlook.pst from desktop to notebook and back a week while I wait for new phone and DSL service in our new office I ve installed the same version of Outlook on the notebook and then copied the Outlook pst file over but I m getting unexpected behavior The emails are all there and the Contacts all moved over but I ve now got to go through all the customizing of the layout and more importantly when I click on the Address Book icon in the toolbar it says it can t display it because the Contacts folder Moving Outlook.pst from desktop to notebook and back associated with this address list couldn t be opened it may have moved or been deleted or I don t have permissions which shouldn Moving Outlook.pst from desktop to notebook and back t be an issue Then it says to go to Help for info on how to remove this folder from the Address Book I get the same message if I try to create a new email message and click quot To quot to try to get to the list I can muddle through by just copying and pasting out of the Contacts list no big deal if necessary I realize there s more to this idea of moving the Outlook pst file back and forth between the desktop and notebook and vice versa then meets the eye Copying over email accounts rules and send receive groups is a whole separate issue that I actually do think I have reasonably under control I would love to know if there s a quot good reliable efficient quot sync program to just help me keep everything mentioned above synced between the two machines Nothing I ve seen seems sophisticated enough yet simple enough Thanks nbsp

A:Moving Outlook.pst from desktop to notebook and back

Close Outlook
Open the Control Panel / Mail icon
Click on the E-Mail Accounts button
Highlight View or change existing directories or address books
Next
Highlight Outlook Address Book (if it isn't already)
Click on the Remove button / Yes
Click on the Add button
Select Additional Address Books
Select Outlook Address Book
Finish and Close
Restart Outlook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-outlook-pst-from-desktop-to-notebook-and-back.430556/
Relevancy 69.66%

i3 desktop pc ----w7 enterprise 64
i5 notebook pc ---w7 pro 64
i7 desktop pc ----w7 ultimate 32

at i5 can't see "shared-e/shared-d" from i3 because of admin issue
but,
at i7 can see "shared-e/shared-d" from i3

what I missing??
there are the differences between desktop and notebook filesharing?

A:file sharing between notebook and desktop pc, What i miss

I recommend requesting assistance from your I.T.Department when using Windows 7 Enterprise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/294080-file-sharing-between-notebook-desktop-pc-what-i-miss.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I just connected a new monitor to my laptop and I have the setting for duplicate screens. Once I shut the laptop lid, my desktop icons do not want to show on the additional monitor. I have had this problem in the past but I have forgotten how to fix it. I have the computer set not to sleep because that was an issue in the past. Can someone remind me what I need to do? Thank you! Patty

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Desktop-will-not-show-on-additional-monitor-when-notebook-is/td-p/5784665
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a Dell Latitude Cpx. I want to put a 3d graphics card in it. Will a normal desktop video card fit in my notebook? Like a GeForce 4 or a Radeon 7000?

A:is a desktop video card compable with a notebook?

No, notebook's and laptops video cards are integrated, your pretty much stuck with what you have, they can't be upgraded as far as I know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-a-desktop-video-card-compable-with-a-notebook.109823/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi guys

I got the connector between hard disk of (notebook) AND IDE of desktop and I connected to the secondary IDE of hard disk but computer(desktop) doesn't recognise , I don't believe it is very simple but it doesn't recognize .

Is it some trick to do this ?? please inform me

thx

A:connect hard disk (Notebook) to IDE of desktop

There are a bunch of reasons for your problem.

1 - Make sure BIOS is seeing the drive. If it isn't Windows won't see it either.
2 - Double check the connections.
3 - Make sure the Jumpers on the drive are set correctly for the position on the IDE cable.

If BIOS is seeing the drive, then

1 - If the drive is new and needs formating, go into DATA MANAGEMENT (WIN/XP) and partition and format the drive.
2 - If the the drive is not new and has a file system not supported by the desktop computer, ie: WIN/98 trying to see a NTFS drive

Beyond the above, If the drive is broke, you never will make it work.

Storage_man

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-hard-disk-notebook-to-ide-of-desktop.373773/
Relevancy 69.66%

I'll be buying a laptop soon for college, and after looking around some I've noticed that prices jump quite a bit if you want a 17" or more laptop. Since decent lcd monitors don't seem too expensive, I wondered if it could actually be cheaper to go with a smaller laptop (14 - 15") and then get a 17 - 20" lcd monitor for gaming at home and such. I don't think I'd mind using a 15" screen for regular school stuff, but when I'm not in class I definitely don't want to look at anything smaller than a 17" for gaming and such.

Relevancy 68.8%

my 2007 acer aspire was taking a long time to open aurora i did a system restore with uniblue powersuite what i ended up with was no internet at all but internet sais its connected network sharing center indicates everything is running fine but my internet speed is 0 no internet connection local repair depot recommended a new windows install it could be a virus can i try a new driver can i download a driver on to a usb drive does anyone know a link treid but i found exe only need a driver in an envelope that i can store on usb need a download link would this be called a internet driver

A:acer notebook windows 7 lost internet connection

Sorry I did not understand what you want? I could makeout you lost internet connectivity.
Open command prompt window and give a command

ipconfig /all

and post the results.

Are you getting a system IP, Default Gateway IP and DNS servers IP addresses. These three IPs are required to get internet access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195709-acer-notebook-windows-7-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Dear:
I have an windows xp Operating system disc which was shipped with my Hp desktop PC. And I am just wondering if I can use that disc to install windows xp on my old Sharp laptop which I bought secondhand currently using the non-genuine copy of windows xp. Somebody please give me some guides!

A:[SOLVED] Using desktop PC operating system disc for notebook.

Hello John,

The short answer is NO, as the CD that shipped with the Hp? is only compatible with their machines.

I suggest that you purchase a Windows? XP CD (OEM version) as they are now fairly reasonably priced.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-using-desktop-pc-operating-system-disc-for-notebook-177923.html
Relevancy 68.8%

HELLO HP TEAM  I HAVE A HP NOTEBOOK,MODEL NO: 1000.FROM FEW DAYS MY LAPTOP NOT WORKING,IT WAS TOTALLY FREEZ ON DEKSTOP AFTER LOADING THE WINDOWS SCREEN AND KEYBOARD ,TOUCHPAD/MOUSE ARE ALSO NOT WORKING. I HAVE ALSO TRIED DEFAULT BIOS SETUP,MEMORY CHECK,HARD DISK CHECK. I ALSO ADD EXTERNAL MOUSE AND KEYBOARD BUT RESULT IS ZERO. I CANT DO ANYTHING SO PLEASE HELP ME 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/NOTEBOOK-TOTALLY-FREEZE-AFTER-LOADING-WINDOWS-ON-DESKTOP-AND/td-p/5748514
Relevancy 68.8%

I happened to come across a Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter recently. I don't have a laptop right now, but I decided to take it. I have a computer built about 4 years ago by someone I don't know very well and unfortunately, after reinstalling windows and I can't find the ethernet driver, making an internet connection impossible.

I was wondering if I would be able to open up this desktop and install the wireless card. Since I know the brand, I would be able to find the drivers and hopefully get the internet working. Thanks!

Also: Strangely, the old computer connects to the internet when running Ubuntu. Somehow, I guess it doesn't need the ethernet drivers. Anyway I could get this working on Windows?

A:Solved: Wireless Notebook Network Card on a Desktop?

You would need yet another piece of hardware to use that adapter on a desktop computer. You'd need an adapter that accepted that card and then connected to an available PCI slot on the desktop. It would be cheaper and easier to just buy the right adapter instead.

Since there's nothing wrong with the adapter seeing as it works fine in Ubuntu, You need to do some troubleshooting on the Windows side. I don't see any reason to purchase anything yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-notebook-network-card-on-a-desktop.746999/
Relevancy 68.37%

All, I use a speadstream wireless router/modem to connect a generic pc (big yellow cable) and a wireless laptop for home. everything was going well until I decided I wanted to 'print' from my laptop, using the existing WiFi. I am not sure what I deleted or how ( ok I know how) but this is what I have now. Device manager tells me I no longer have pci modem driver. I attempted to re-instal etc and its gone...I went to the Acer UK site and tried to download the driver...didn't work. I am asking for help to regain the driver first, the other nonsence can wait
"Regis I would like to use a lifeline.............

jumper

A:lost home wireless connection aspire 3610 notebook

printing/wifi....what did you delete.

KNOWING, NOT TELLING DOESN'T HELP.

pci modem driver is for a dialup account and shouldn't affect printing/wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-home-wireless-connection-aspire-3610-notebook.644274/
Relevancy 68.37%

I recently purchased a wireless router and we have three laptops and a desktop using it. All other stay connected except my notebook which has windows 7. I also recently downloaded skype to talk to family overseas. Almost every time I am having a conversation, I suddenly lose the connection. However, I lose a connection at other times also. Skype doesn't have to be running for it to lose the connection. There seems to be no ryhme or reason for this. I ran a scan on my virus protection, but it reveals no threats. I am not so computer savvy either, only the basics. Can someone help please?

A:Continually losing wireless connection to my windows 7 emachine notebook

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver--from the laptop manufacturer if an integrated adapter; else from the wireless card's manufacturer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continually-losing-wireless-connection-to-my-windows-7-emachine-notebook.1023487/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Model No- HP Pavilion dv ea Notebook PC Refer to the link http h www hp com ewfrf wc product cc us amp dlc en amp lc en amp product amp My OS is Vista Home Premium -bit Recently scanned my system with Intel Driver Update Utility it automatically identify and find drivers and keeps the system up-to-date It detects which driver updates are relevant to our computer I scanned my system and here are the results Graphics Driver Product Detected NVIDIA GeForce Go Current Driver Installed This device is unknown or unsupported Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates More information gt gt every Notebook Pavilion HP PCs in connection dv6330ea drops Wireless 2-3hrs Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility Chipset INF Product Detected Intel Series ChipsetsCurrent Version Installed This version is valid Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board Product Detected Bluetooth Hands-free Audio Current Driver Installed This device is unknown or unsupported Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates More information gt gt Wireless Networking WiFi Newer Driver Available Product Detected Intel PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Current Driver Installed Newer Driver Available Download Now File Size MB Detailed Driver Description amp Driver Documentation Wired Networking Wireless connection drops every 2-3hrs in HP Pavilion dv6330ea Notebook PCs Product Detected Intel reg PRO PL Network Connection Current Driver Installed This device is unknown or unsupported Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates More information gt gt ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So my queries is that shall i proceed with the update or not whereas there is no new update avaibale from hp update My wireless connection is getting dropped every hrs or hrs i need to disable and re-enable my wireless connection and then it finds my wireless network and finally connection is established OR Sometimes it doesnt find my wireless network but it finds my neighbours wireless very well i need to disable and re-enable my wireless connection or times and then network is established But when i connect my laptop via LAN i e with cable then internet doesnt drop at all my modem is kept near to my laptop and still some time wireless connection is lost q Will this update will help to resolve my wireless problem q Shall i proceed with this update or not q or how to fix my wireless problem because it keep dropping every or hrs ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Why it dint find my device in my system why it showed this error This device is unknown or unsported for Graphics Driver Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board and Wired Networking ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ bye

A:Wireless connection drops every 2-3hrs in HP Pavilion dv6330ea Notebook PCs

What is the make and model of the router?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495242/wireless-connection-drops-every-2-3hrs-in-hp-pavilion-dv6330ea-notebook-pcs/
Relevancy 67.94%

Extend the life of your desktop or notebook with solid state drives

Summary: SSDs, now a common option for new tablets and notebooks, can help small businesses boost performance of aging hardware.

By Heather Clancy for Small Business Matters | July 9, 2012 -- Updated 05:00 GMT (22:00 PDT)

Solid state drives (aka SSDs) have become an increasingly standard configuration choice for new notebook computers. Apple's MacBook Air is just one example of a system that comes standard with flash memory, which helps the ultra-thin notebook boot up more quickly and process data requests more rapidly.

Find out more.. Extend the life of your desktop or notebook with solid state drives | ZDNet

A:Extend the life of your desktop or notebook with solid state drives

SSD is awesome but too costy for old computers. I would rather buy a new SSD computer so that I can fully enjoy.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/7572-extend-life-your-desktop-notebook-solid-state-drives.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi My computer has recently randomly- Ralink card wifi connection Notebook network drops started to drop the WiFi connection reconnect after a while and at times not even detect my WiFi connection for a while Then repeats the process for no apparent reason I'm not sure when exactly thus problem Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card started as I Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card had been using Ethernet cable up until last week I am certain that this is not related to my router as - other devices in my house can access the internet perfectly fine I have tried doing a power cycle of the router restarting the notebook re-installing updating drivers and cmd ipocnfig refresh and other commands along those lines My notebook model is the hp pavilion tx- windows bit intel I gb ram and uses a ralink RT network card Ps the problem appears to be alright if I use older versions of the driver have tried and the default one which came with the notebook which is older than it however I would prefer not to have to use the older versions as task manager says that its link speed is only mbps whereas versions would show mbps Thankyou in advance

A:Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card

It sounds to me like a signal problem. A competing signal drowning out your wireless signal can cause these kinds of random losses.

To test for this try this program:
inSSIDer for Home – Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek
It will tell you if you have a stronger signal in your area that is interfering with the channel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289010-notebook-drops-wifi-connection-randomly-ralink-network-card.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,
I have a Toshiba M45-S359 notebook laptop. About every 20-30 seconds, the wireless connection drops off (and immediately automatically reconnects). This is not a router issue because I tried 2 different routers (Linksys and Netgear) and also the wireless connection is perfectly stable on the other laptop I have. There are no interference issues. My phone operates at a very different (5.8 GHz) frequency. Also, the issue exists even when I have the laptop sitting very close to the router. Any suggestions/advice? Thanks in advance.
HT

A:Wireless connection constantly drops - Toshiba Satellite M45-S359 notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-constantly-drops-toshiba-satellite-m45-s359-notebook.664318/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi 30mins HP in connection Pavilion drops 3hrs to dv6330ea PCs Wireless between Notebook Model No- HP Pavilion dv ea Notebook PC Refer to the link HP Pavilion dv ea Notebook PC HP Support My OS is Vista Home Premium -bit Recently scanned my system with Wireless connection drops between 30mins to 3hrs in HP Pavilion dv6330ea Notebook PCs Intel Driver Update Utility it automatically identify and find drivers and keeps the system up-to-date It detects which driver updates are relevant to our computer I scanned my system and here are the results Graphics Driver Product Detected NVIDIA GeForce Go Current Driver Installed This device is unknown or unsupported Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates More information gt gt Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility Chipset INF Product Detected Intel Series ChipsetsCurrent Version Installed This version is valid Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board Product Detected Bluetooth Hands-free Audio Current Driver Installed This device is unknown or unsupported Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates More information gt gt Wireless Networking WiFi Newer Driver Available Product Detected Intel PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Current Driver Installed Newer Driver Available Download Now File Size MB Detailed Driver Description amp Driver Documentation Wired Networking Product Detected Intel R PRO PL Network Connection Current Driver Installed This device is unknown or unsupported Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates More information gt gt ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So my queries is that shall i proceed with the update or not whereas there is no new update available from hp update My wireless connection is getting dropped between mins to hrs i need to disable and re-enable my wireless connection and then it finds my wireless network and finally connection is established OR Sometimes it doesnt find my wireless network but it finds my neighbours wireless very well i need to disable and re-enable my wireless connection or times and then network is established But when i connect my laptop via LAN i e with cable then internet doesnt drop at all my modem is kept near to my laptop and still some time wireless connection is lost q Will this update will help to resolve my wireless problem q Shall i proceed with this update or not q or how to fix my wireless problem because it keep dropping every or hrs ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Why it dint find my device in my system why it showed this error This device is unknown or unsported for Graphics Driver Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board and Wired Networking ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- bye

A:Wireless connection drops between 30mins to 3hrs in HP Pavilion dv6330ea Notebook PCs

Almost one weak passed away.... and still no reply to this post.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300341-wireless-connection-drops-between-30mins-3hrs-hp-pavilion-dv6330ea-notebook-pcs.html
Relevancy 66.22%

i installed Avast on my laptop w/vista home premium by following the instruction on this site today. but several problems have occurred,
1.i can't access internet after the system wakes up from sleep mode, i had to rely on windows repair tool for it to reconnect everytime(it normally gets connected automatically),i have dsl cable directly plugged in my computer.
2. my harddrive seems to be spinning all the time like non stop.
3. i got this message " windows has blocked some startup programs"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109875/avast-makes-my-notebook-lose-internet-connection-and-my-hard-drive-spin-like-non-stop/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been looking online and other different forums for a solution but none seemed to have worked I apologize in advance if someone has asked this question before in this forum Remote not domain. outside Connection of the computers Desktop working from nbsp We have Domain A and Domain B both in different states We are trying to use remote desktop connection to access a computer in domain B from domain Remote Desktop Connection not working from computers outside of the domain. A If I use a local user account to remote to the computer on domain B from domain A remote desktop connection works fine If I try to use a user profile that exists on domain B from domain A remote desktop Remote Desktop Connection not working from computers outside of the domain. fails and tells the logon failed This just happens when I try to use a computer from domain A to try to connect to a computer on domain B using a profile that exists on domain B If I use a computer that's part of domain B to try to connect to the computer on domain B using a profile that exists on domain B the connection is successful Any feedback is much appreciated nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/113f7a74-7354-4c15-abe5-aae1e657eb1d/remote-desktop-connection-not-working-from-computers-outside-of-the-domain?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi to all, I'm new in this forum.
My "Home Group" between notebook and desktop don't work correctly.
I'm on seven x64 in every machine and my desktop can see and acces to my notebook, but my notebook can see and don't access to my desktop.
In this image you can see the syntesis of my screenshot:

From my notebbok I've access to internet connection by my wifi router, but I can't see also the printer of my desktop.
I've just authorized the access to my document and to my printer in "Home Group" configuration.
Could you help me ?

A:Problem on "Home Group" between notebook and desktop

First thing to check is to ensure that on your desktop, you have chosen to share your documents etc. so the notbook can access them. Also the other eay around, if you want the desktop to access the notebook - it sounds like this already works?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131962-problem-home-group-between-notebook-desktop.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I just intalled windows 7 and now my keyboard is like a destop keyboard. How can i restore them to be as notebook keyboard?

The notebook is a Acer Aspire 6930G

A:My notebook keyboard restored as desktop keyboard

Does it need a driver update or something

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/115201-my-notebook-keyboard-restored-desktop-keyboard.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an old spare SONY Notebook with a 800 MHz processor and only 128 MB or RAM. The hard drive got reformatted and everything was wiped off the drive. (It's a long story.) That was no biggie, since there wasn't anything there worth saving. I've re-installed DOS and would like to install Windows 98, but the program disk for 98 is a CD. I cannot get the CD drive on my SONY to operate. All I can load are floppy disks at this time.

Can anyone tell me how to get the CD drive to operate?

A:Old Notebook needs help

Try moving to the hardware thread rather than Business Apps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-notebook-needs-help.660917/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a simple set-up and I know there s a simple answer but I can t find it anywhere and I don t want to go to Future Shop looking totally ignorant so I plan to buy a D-Link WBR- wireless router to replace my wired D-Link router I have What Help I PS3 1 Notebook, do Need? Please-1 a Toshiba Satellite Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? A -VA notebook Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? which has built-in wireless which I want to use wireless I have a Playstation which I ll wire direct to the router because it s close anyways I have a cable modem Question s is don t laugh is there anything else I need When I run the Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? setup wizard through the laptop I need to be wired to the modem set up the router set up the network and then disconnect the cable from the laptop and then I m wireless My wife has put the thought into my head that I ll need a main computer wired to the router which would be used by anything wireless to access the network I hope I ve made my situation clear any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need?

The wireless router is all you need. You are correct that the only time you need to have a computer connected by ethernet is when configuring the router or upgrading its firmware.

Unless you plan to buy a matching D-Link Rangemax wireless adapter you will be using only standard 802.11g 54Mbps; so consider saving money by buying a standard router without "turbo," "108Mbps" or any other extras. The WBR-2310 Rangemax MAY give you somewhat better range, but don't count on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-1-notebook-1-ps3-what-do-i-need.619345/
Relevancy 53.32%

If my notebook has both wireless network adapter and wired NIC, and both of them are connected to an Access Point and plugged with a RJ-45 network cable(both AP and network cable is linked to a router which has Internet connection), when I use the network connection such as web browsing, which NIC actually used by the computer to go out ?

And, will it slow down the connection if I do so ? Or should I disable the wireless interface when I'm plugged with a network cable ?

Any recommended website to refer?

Relevancy 53.32%

I am really having a hard time finding the actual model DV notebook I have do Dv7 How notebook I I which tell have? The tag on the bottom only says DV and there are so many additional numbers ie Dv - etc when u try to look up drivers I How do I tell which Dv7 notebook I have? am having a really hard time getting my Blue Ray drive to play any Blue Ray discs and need to find whatever drivers make it work after upgrading to Windows bit Any help would be appreciated because it is really frustrating I've tried every driver I can find from HP and Cyberlink and nothing lets me play all my discs Mainly anything newer than years ago won't play at all The drive is spinning it and the drive shows a Blue ray in the description but it says Load disc and doesn't do anything from there It worked perfectly until i went to Win I even tried the Vista drivers in the Recovery console but still won't work nbsp Thank you for any help

A:How do I tell which Dv7 notebook I have?

Instructions for finding your HP P/N are here. This will help us locate resources, drivers, and identify correct parts for your specific model.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-do-I-tell-which-Dv7-notebook-I-have/td-p/1970953
Relevancy 53.32%

I have recemty purchesed HP15AF008AX Note book i have installed windows 10 in it what are things to do after installin windows 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Notebook/td-p/5714613
Relevancy 53.32%

This will probably be really easy to answer for someone familiar with hooking computers up to TVs, I just have no idea how to search for answers on the internet because I'm not sure what I should search for.

Anyway, my new notebook doesn't have an s-video port, which annoys me. It does have the standard monitor port, though. I'm wondering if there's any way to hook the notebook up to a TV, such as some kind of converter or whatnot. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Notebook to TV

Hello!

I can really help you if you give me the graphics card specs.
Please reply so I can help!

Bye!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-to-tv.627225/
Relevancy 53.32%

Guys I am looking for a new notebook, and I have general idea of what I want, but I am unable to find anything comparable so far (in reasonable price range, I.e. about 1,500$). Here are the specs which I've in mind:

i7 47xx Processor
8GB RAM (or higher)
GT760M (or similar range GPU)
SSD Boot drive + 1 TB HDD
15.x 1080p display
Windows 8.x64

I have no preference for any brand, although, in last few years I've bought HP notebooks, generally because I have good connections there in case there is some issues

A:A New Notebook

Specify dual or quad core CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-notebook.202094/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello. I have a notebook "HP Pavilion Zx5003EA " and it's been a while I don't use it. Now I tried to turn on and won't turn on anymore. I checked and the power supply is working. What can be?

A:notebook

It is very, very old, like 15 years. You might try removing the battery. It can be so dead it keep the laptop from powering up. Otherwise it would be hard to get repair parts and it is not really worth much. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/notebook/td-p/5629613
Relevancy 53.32%

I on My to Run Get DDS Can't Notebook have a VAIO VGN-NW G notebook running Windows Professional -bit It has an Intel Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook Core Duo T GHz processor with a Mobile Intel GM Express chipset It has GB x GB DDR SDRAM Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook I am running ESET NOD Antivirus version and Ad-Aware Pro Security version on my notebook Per the Bleeping Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook Computer recommendation in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help document I have recently enabled the Windows Firewall on my PC Prior to that I wasn't utilizing a firewall Also per the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help document I have downloaded DDS Unfortunately I am unable to run it When I try to run the program I keep getting the message View Downloads - Windows Internet Explorer The program's publisher couldn't be verified Are you sure you want to run the program When I click Run again it loops back to the beginning and all of the above repeats What in the world is going on with my PC and what is Windows doing I am logged in as an administrator for my PC and the DDS program is not read-only When I check the Security tab of the file Properties my login has full control for the file I think at one point I was able to select Unlock from the Properties Tab but can no longer find that option when I go back into the file Properties When I saw that option the message said something about the file coming from another computer

A:Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook

Please read This Topic on what to disable and the methods to use -
These are the 3 versions of DDS that you can use.
Please do not post these back here, and if you are not able to create a log, just post your topic with a description of your problems -
DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pif

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516545/cant-get-dds-to-run-on-my-notebook/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there, My note book won't load untill i press any key. i want to fix this problem but don't know how. can any one help me.

Relevancy 53.32%

How can I find the value of an old notebook computer?

I am specifically trying to get the value of a used, excellent condition Compaq Presario V3019US notebook with no modifications.

Relevancy 53.32%

MSI Classic CX X i Core i - M Processor Intel Core i - M GHz M Cache with TurboBoost up to GHz Chipset Mobile Intel HM Express Chipset Memory GB DDR Hard Disk Drive GB Optical Disk Drive DVD SuperMulti Drive Graphics AMD Radeon is Better Which Notebook? HD with GB DDR VRAM Network b g n Operating System DOS Physical Dimension L X D X H mm Weight Approximate Kg Display quot x HD Webcam Integrated WebCam Audio High Quality Speakers Battery -cell Battery Ports x USB x HDMI x VGA x Express Card Slot Microphone-in Microphone-out Multi-in-One Card Reader DC-in Features Intel Core i Processor Classic Cross-Hatch Design wide screen display LED power-saving backlight technology HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface Output MSI Exclusive ECO Engine Power Management System Exclusive GPU Boost Technology OR Asus Versatile Performance K DY-VX Processor AMD Phenom II X Dual Core N GHz M L Cache Chipset AMD RX M SB Which is Better Notebook? M Memory GB DDR Mhz SDRAM Hard Disk Drive GB Which is Better Notebook? Optical Disk Drive DVD SuperMulti Drive Graphics AMD Radeon HD M with GB DDR VRAM Network Integrated or b g Built-in Bluetooth V EDR Optional Base T Operating System None Physical Dimension x x cm WxDxH Weight Approx Which is Better Notebook? kg with cell battery Display quot HD x LED backlit Webcam Mega Pixel web camera Audio Built-in Speakers And Microphone Altec Lansing Speakers Battery Cells mAh Whrs Ports x Microphone-in jack x VGA port Mini D-sub -pin for external monitor x USB port s x RJ LAN Jack for LAN insert x HDMI Features Black Brown tone Experience enhanced multitasking and mobile computing capabilities with the new AMD processors ASUS Power Gear automatically adjusts fan speeds for quiet computing and prolonged battery life A Palm Proof technology-equipped touchpad distinguishes between the contact surfaces of the palm and fingers to prevent inadvertent cursor movements during typing They Have the same price but I cannot decide which would be worth the price Any suggestion or comments nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-is-better-notebook.1029034/
Relevancy 53.32%

I literally just finished setting up this computer and the keyboard freezes about every 10th key strock, i typed pretty fast and this is driving me insane. it is slowing me down for about 5 seconds every  10 strock. i have a lot of homework to do and now am stuck with this issue that i do not know how to solve

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/notebook/td-p/5636526
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone,

Has anybody experienced this? On boot-up, I get the error 3F0. A hard drive test passes, and I've tried other HD's. I have tried changing the BIOS to Legacy, but it will not boot from a memory stick which I've made bootable, nor will it boot from the dvd drive. I can hear the dvd spinning, and can hear it trying to read it, but I get a flashing cursor on a black screen. I've come to the conclusion that it's the motherboard (DA0U93MB6D2 REV D PN 732080-001 ). Any suggestions? Thank you in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-15-notebook-3f0.1164109/
Relevancy 53.32%

01/18/2007

I am looking for a good durable notebook computer. I need one that is light weight, and will work well as a wireless network. I have a gateway desk top I purchased new in 2003 but I am totally in the dark in reference to buying a notebook. I want the newest version of windows software on it, and to be able to access the internet. This computer will be used for college mostly.

Thank you for any advice you can give me on making the best purchase.

Sheri

A:Notebook

Welcome to Techspot!!

What kind of money are you looking at spending? In my experience, I would stay away from Toshiba's. They tend to have keyboard and overheating problems. Depending on your budget of course....I would look at an IBM Thinkpad maybe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook.67986/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everybody i really need some help theres a software issue thats causing my comptuer to crash regulary So heres the problem i bought an external soundcard from startech months ago and it seems to make my pc crash and get a blue screen error I am using the sound card to capture voices through my hauupage pvr through my capture software playing on xbox one i done chatted with startech and they said they cant figure out the problem i had them sent me a replacement card it still gives hp 15 pc notebook me the blue screen errors i have took pics to show you what it looks like I tried to chat with hp support about the issue it seems they refuse to help me on this Can some out there please tell me how to fix this issue I had to do regualar updates on my pc but thats normal My connection is wifi also i will show a pic of the hauppauge capture setup as you can see in the capture card the external sound card is connected microphone usb via Can someone please help me hp 15 notebook pc on this issue i am stressing over this problem thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hp-15-notebook-pc/td-p/5766675
Relevancy 53.32%

I am having trouble using my touchpad. Somehow I get into a mode where I can move the cursor and it highlights stuff, but i can't "enter" i'm sure i just fatfingered something, i just can't figure out what....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-used-to-notebook.1156636/
Relevancy 53.32%

hi there...anyone here can help me for find the drivers for Toshiba Satellite A215-S4697.

i've checked at the toshiba site..but I cannot find it >.<

i use windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit..help me please >.<

A:Need Help with my Notebook

Originally Posted by cured

hi there...anyone here can help me for find the drivers for Toshiba Satellite A215-S4697.

i've checked at the toshiba site..but I cannot find it >.<

i use windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit..help me please >.<

Hi cured,

I see what you mean, contacting Toshiba for help would be a good idea
Failing this, many drivers are used on more than one version of Laptop. Use a program such as Everest or PC Wizard which will tell you what hardware you have and then go to the Toshiba site and see if for example the A210 has the drivers that you need then download them and try an install.

Or you can go directly to the manufacturer eg. Nvidia, Realtek and download the needed drivers this way.

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/198261-need-help-my-notebook.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi! I would buy a note book, but I don't know which one.
I should use it for webdesign.

Which one could you suggest me?

tom899

A:Which new notebook?

How much is your budget? I don't think you need any super-fast one for webdesign.. So... Something like this would be great: http://www.dell.com/content/product...&cs=19&~oid=us~en~29~laptop_studio_15_anav3~~

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-new-notebook.757820/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, i would like to pose this problem to the experienced here on the forums.

we have been given an HP530 pre-installed with "windows vista basic". the user despises vista and has asked us to downgrade it to his favourite operating system "windows xp home". before i started i created the recovery disks of the vista installation. i have installed and fully updated windows xp home and all drivers have been installed except for one. the dial-up modem. unfortunatly that is the one driver that is going to be used by the user of the laptop. when i try install the driver "sp36087.exe" which i get from the hp site i get this error message: "driver installation failed: could not find the modem device for this driver". i tried pionting windows to the location that the hp drivers extracts to but still no joy.

any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi! A friend of mine is entering nursing school and couldn't believe the price of textbooks. He found that he can get the books in pdf form at a considerably lower price. I told him he could use a laptop or notebook. However, he doesn't want to buy a laptop or a notebook to use in class. He'll be taking notes in class, as well as following in the pdf textbook. Will something like a kindle have a keyboard and that capability? Is there anything else he could use besides a laptop or notebook? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 53.32%

ok i have 2 armadas 1 is dead the other one woks but my screen is very dim the bright and contrast are on high how would i go about replaceing the the dim screen with the good screen they are both armada 7400. please help if you can

techngeek

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook.686508/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, Recently when go to my documents,or downloads the icons wont load for atleast 10 seconds. i'm wondering how i can resolve this issue and would love to hear some information that would help out.The notebook is only 2 months old and is not slow at all so that is why i thought it should be a diffrent issue then it being slow..Thanks in advance for your help,Mark Jetten like so: 

A:HP notebook

Dear Customer, Please go through the below links, check it that helps:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04770630http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03340676     For any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-notebook/td-p/5830696
Relevancy 53.32%

My son has a dv9819wm notebook and it started having lines running across the screen and you could not see to do anything but would have to turn off and restart. I read on the HP site that the Bios and the video driver needs to be updated so I was going to do that but now, it will start booting up and you can see fine, but then the screen goes blank before you can get logged in to do anything. Then it shuts down. Please help.
Thanks!

A:HP notebook

At what point does the screen go blank? Are there lines on the screen even when it's booting up, or was that only previously, before it started going blank? And it shuts down EVERY time, on it's own?

Check if you can see anything on the screen when you hold it close to a light - look very close for even the faintest image.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-notebook.889343/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a dell inspiron 4000 notebook that has no CD Rom drive and no floppy drive, I plan to buy a external CD Rom to use with ny notebook but some question arise, (1) if I format my hardrive and install a new OS before the OS is install would the computer recognized my external CD Rom? (2) If I can't use my CD Rom then would it better to buy an hard drive adapter to hook it up to my desktop PC and format the notebook hard drive and install the OS from that machine( ONLY THE OS NOT THE DRIVER FOR ANY EQUIPMENT)

A:CD Rom for notebook

1. Since the external cd rom device would probably be a parallel port or USB kind, the computer will not see it before you install the OS
2.No . Hooking up the laptop hdd and formated, it's ok no problem there, but once you install the OS on it , the OS will try to install the drivers for whatever the hardware is inside the PC. For instance , let's say that the laptop has a Intel chipset , and the desktop has a VIA chipset, well the OS will try to install the drivers for the VIA and you need the Intel ones..
Best you can do is to make sure that the cd rom driver that you will buy cames with DOS drivers . Then format the hard drive on the laptop ( using the desktop machine ) and install the cd rom DOS drivers on it. Then hook up the hard drive back to the laptop and connect the cd rom drive. Boot up and you should have access to the cd rom drive at that point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-for-notebook.80270/