Windows Support Forum

domain switches vs full fabric switches

Q: domain switches vs full fabric switches

hi,

Could anyone explain the difference between domain (controller)switches and full fabric switches? (or direct me to a page/site which would do the job)

Tks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: domain switches vs full fabric switches

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: domain switches vs full fabric switches

Depends on what context you're talking about. Your statement is a bit "Apples and Gorillas" The two really aren't related to each other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-switches-vs-full-fabric-switches.419145/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi,
Today when I switched on my computer it began to start up (barely staying on for five seconds) before switching off and repeating the whole process. It does stay on long enough for me to push either esc or f10 and go into computer set up. However i am not too sure what to configure and how and as soon as i exit out of it, my laptop starts the whole on/off process again.

I am not too sure about the specs of my laptop, only that it is an Hp and has windows xp.
Please, what can i do? I would be forever grateful if someone knows how I can fix this..

A:Laptop switches on, begins to start up, switches off then repeats process

If you can post the model of the HP laptop, we can learn more for you.
You should find the model information on a sticker on the bottom of the machine.

It sounds like ESC or f10 will take you to the BIOS configuration utility.
Have you tried f8? You may need to press repeatedly, or press and hold.
This will take you to the option to boot to Safe Mode.
If this is successful, let us know. If not, let us know.

Next... you obviously have internet access from another computer.
There are two utilities you should download and run.
These utilities will check for errors in 1) your memory and 2) your drive.
Since they run outside of windows, trying to run them will give us a good idea if it is a hardware issue, or if it is a problem with your OS. (the f8 question may leave this an open question, but this will help get a definite answer, in addition to trying to isolate hardware faults)

To Test Memory... Using Memtest Please follow this guide...

Please note that (unless you start getting errors reported) you will need to let this run a long time.
A good way of doing this is to let it run over night. In each 'pass" there are a series of eight memory tests that are run, each more complicated than the previous. We used to advise letting it run a minimum of 7 passes, unless you start getting errors. We now advise at least 10 full passes. If you have errors reported, you may want to re-run the test with only one stick of ram installed, checked each stick until you isolate those that are faulty. That way you can limit your replacement to those that actually need it.

Also, I would like for you to run some hard-drive diagnostics, but I need to know more in order to point you to the right tools to download.
I may or may not be able to find out your drive maker from the model information you supply about your laptop.
Sometimes that information may be found in your Bios (bios sometimes detects it).
I will tell you how to determine your drive maker this way, after you tell me more about your laptop.

If I / we cannot determine the drive maker another way, we may need to have you open your drive bay cover.
Is the machine out of warranty? If not, for you to do this next step would void your warranty.
Are you comfortable opening the machine?
Do you understand the hazards of static electricity and know how to avoid damaging your computer with static?
Depending on your answers, I may have additional steps for you before we have you download your drive diagnostics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-switches-on-begins-to-start-up-switches-off-then-repeats-process.155178/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey all.

I was running a full scan on my Win8 system using Defender.  After 15 minutes, scan was three-quarters completed with no problems, so  I left the computer for five minutes.  When I returned, Defender had switched over to a Quick Scan in order to finish up. 

No threats found, either by Defender or by MBam, which I ran afterwards.  But is it unusual for Defender to switch from Full to Quick scan mid-operations? 

A:Windows Defender Full Scan Switches Over To Quick Scan

I never heard of that happening before so I'm not sure how it occurred.There are three types of scans offered by Windows 8/10 Defender and most other anti-virus/anti-malware programs:Quick Scan only checks the areas of your computer most likely to contain malware...the most prevalent and common places where malware typically hides. The length of time for performing a Quick scan will vary but it generally takes about 15-30 minutes so they can be performed daily.Full Scan is much more comprehensive since it scans the entire hard drive (all folders/files) which can number in the thousands. The length of time for performing a Full scan will also vary but because it is so comprehensive, this type of scan can take several hours. Most Full Scans can be scheduled to run late at night when not using the computer so you can perform a weekly scan without having to monitor it.Custom Scan allows the user to select any files and folders on the hard drive to be scanned.In most cases when performing routine security checks, only a Quick Scan is needed since it checks the areas of your computer most likely to contain malware...the most prevalent and common places where malware typically hides. A Full scan is generally recommended only for heavily infected systems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608138/windows-defender-full-scan-switches-over-to-quick-scan/
Relevancy 72.67%

Can someone help me
Can we use Switch for ONU to extend connections within 100 meters

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/onus-switches.1164498/
Relevancy 72.67%

My Home PC switches off, then on again, sometimes. This can be bad for my PC, I am aware. Before I go to a professional, please tell me what can be the cause(s)?

A:My PC switches off, then on again.

hello

have you scanned your computer lately??
what anti virus,spyware,malware do you use??

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263953-my-pc-switches-off-then-again.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Lately my PC has been switching off while I ve been gaming - it was doing it before but I decompressed my drive and fiddled with the pagefile a bit and it seemed to stop happening that was about months ago and its switches off PC started again PC switches off Mostly when I m playing Civ - I can play for about an hour and then it just turns off - its not a bsod or a crash theres no minidump or PC switches off crashlog of any kind it just powers down Well I figured since messing with the drive seemed to fix it last time that the problem was probably just the HDD was old and needed replacing - its about years old if not older and has been in different PCs its a bit small for my needs anyway So I bought a shiny new PC switches off GB drive and I downloaded some trial software Acronis Migrate Easy so that I could just take my current windows install and all my programs and stuff and they d all be ready and I could just crack on with my work It seemed to copy everything all right but then when I tried to boot up windows it just wouldnt it did the black loading screen then went to the blue screen that usually says welcome and it just had the windows XP logo and it stayed there for about half an hour with the hdd light blinking before I figured it wasnt actually doing anything and rebooted with the old disk I tried the windows repair console and ran fixboot and fixmbr that didnt work so I tried bootcfg rebuild and it said there was an error and I should run chkdsk so I did and it said the drive looked fine so it wasnt going to check it So I forced it to run chkdsk and at the computer just powered down So I tried again and it did the same thing again which I thought was odd - on a new disk I ve tried using the other ide port and cable and it happened again I tried doing a repair install of windows on the new disk and it didnt have the ali drivers on the install disk - so that was that So maybe its not a disk issue But I just dont know what to do now I still want to copy everything to the new disk anyway - preferably without having to reinstall everything and I d like to find out what is causing this shutdown issue I ve run tests on my memory and it isnt a heat issue either so I m at a loss now I ve exhausted every avenue I can think of nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

I have a probook 4540s that came with a 65w adapter. Problem is it sometimes switches off by itself when the charger is connected. When charger is unplugged, its fine. I have tried with a 90W adapter but same problem. What might be the issue and the solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pc-switches-off-by-itself/td-p/5681624
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all,

I have started to have a problem as indicated above, started today. I will be playing merrily away and the pc will just turn off as if the power has been cut. It seems to happen only when i am playing games, noted in FEAR, Sniper Elite and Quake 4 so far. I cant make it happen when using Win xp normally.
Before i go and start purchasing new psu and a bag load of new ram mods, can anyone suggest anything that i can try to pinpoint the prob ??

I have monitored the temps across the pc, they dont appear to be getting very high, (middle of a FEAR fire fight cpu at 41)

I have checked my drivers etc, they all appear to be up to date (attached Dxdiag if thats of any help).

System : Athlon 3500XP, radeon x850xp, 1024 mb ram, Win xp, Audigy 2 plat pro SC.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Rag

A:PC switches itself off !!

How do you get 41C, during your game, do you have a case display? If so, I think that's just displaying the internal case temperature not your CPU.(depends on the case and mobo though). It is standard prob/symptom of overheated CPU, the system just shuts down!. Did you try removing side panel and blowing a fan on it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-switches-itself-off.37030/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi. I have an 8 month old emachineG520. If I put it into "sleep" mode it will often have switched itself right off when I come to use it again. I have to switch off at the mains for a few minutes to get it back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lap-top-switches-off-458123.html
Relevancy 72.67%

i have fitted a motherboard i got off ebay but ive had a better processer fitted to it and all the dip switches are tuned off will stop the pc from booting up

A:dip switches

Is there a particular question here? It would help if you included information on the make and model number of the Motherboard and the Processor. Also include the question you want help with. It would seem that you are posibbly asking what to set the dip switches to. But we cant be certain and cant really help you with out the other information.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dip-switches.544592/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello, I am new here but am hoping I can get some help.

When I play a certain game (have done virus / spyware scan and pc is clean, game is system resource intenesive though.)at random times the PC will just switch off. (power light blinking on and off)

I have to unplug it from the mains for about 5 seconds to stop the light.
But if I just switch it back on, it starts to power up then after 2 seconds switches straight back off again.

To get it to come back on completely I have to unplug the power from one of my Harddrives.

Same happens if I just switch the pc off, I have to unplug one of the harddrives to be able to switch it back on.

Now is this the HD failing, or is it fault with the PSU?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks
James

A:Pc Switches Off

You said you have to disconnect a HDD to get it to work. and that this only happens when you play a certain game. First off. check your PSU stats against your video Card. how much you vid card requires and how much your PSU puts out. not just wattage but Volts per rail.

| Output | +3.3V | +5V | +12V1 | +12V2 | + 12V3 | +12V4 | -5V | -12V |5Vsb
750W 24A 30A 18A 18A 18A 18A/22A - 0.5A 3.0A

This is what mine looks like you should have something similar to it on your PSU or the Box your bought it in( if its not OEM or you still have the Box); Also you should be able to get this info from your PSU manufacturer. this info is very important, your video card needs so many amps on a rail, if it shares a rail then it will power done, but usually you will get a notice before it shuts it down letting you know there isnt enough power for the vid card. So I dont think its that but as it happens in Game make sure you Vid card is on its own Rail. I have 4 12V rails and I highlighted Rail 2 in Green.

Second thing you can check is how many HDD's you have on a rail. check the net for limitation but usually its hard to overload a rail with HDD's alone on the provided Molex connections. usually 3 per rail. Faster drives, Raptors, use more power so be aware of these too.

Third it may be an all around psu failure. check the power requirements you need Here
This will give you an idea of what you need under load.

Forth Check your CPU and PSU for Dust, possible overheating shutdown safety mechanism. If its caked with dust get a can of Air or compressor and blow it out. And make sure not to spin the fans as the bearings could be blown to death.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-switches-off.79439/
Relevancy 72.67%

I m looking to buy a KVM switch I want to be able to plug in my monitor logitech G keyboard my Mx mouse and two computers The problem I m seeing when trying to select the right switch for me is the fact that the g requires usb to fully function and on top of that a lot of power relatively speaking Now I know for a fact that it will have all basic functions with usb drivers--but I want full function All of the switches I have been looking at are usb or example For that example I had to ask their tech support what the usb technology was and I was told quot usb That is all that s need for a keyboard to function quot Switches KVM Not only are most affordable--for my situation--switches usb but they have no power cords as all the power is acquired through KVM Switches the usb connection supposedly So It seems my question is going to fall down to how usb works If I plug my g and mouse into the main box of a kvm switch and it is a usb port receiving the information the switch is and the keyboard is for full functions and then being sent out on a usb cable to a computer will the computer receive the original usb information Or will it be reduced to ie my g will revert to basic function with no lcd display It seems logical that you can t reduce the quality of incoming info then reestablish it to the higher quality later on unless the middle device understands that higher level of quality of course in that situation it would never reduced the info By small chance I hope there is someone out there with a g who uses a kvm switch and can give me some info I m also just looking for any ideas and opinions from anyone Thank you nbsp

A:KVM Switches

I'm looking to buy a KVM switch. I want to be able to plug in my 1 monitor, logitech G15 keyboard, my Mx518 mouse, and two computers.

The problem I'm seeing when trying to select the right switch for me, is the fact that the g15 requires usb 2.0 to fully function and on top of that, a lot of power relatively speaking. Now, I know for a fact that it will have all basic functions with usb 1.1 drivers--but I want full function!

All of the switches I have been looking at are usb 1.0 or 1.1: example
For that example I had to ask their tech support what the usb technology was and I was told: "usb 1.1. That is all that's need for a keyboard to function."

Not only are most affordable--for my situation--switches usb 1.0 but they have no power cords as all the power is acquired through the usb connection supposedly.

So It seems my question is going to fall down to how usb works. If I plug my g15 and mouse into the main box of a kvm switch and it is a usb 1.0 port receiving the information (the switch is 1.0 and the keyboard is 2.0 for full functions)and then being sent out on a usb cable to a computer, will the computer receive the original usb 2.0 information? Or will it be reduced to 1.0, ie: my g15 will revert to basic function with no lcd display?

It seems logical that you can't reduce the quality of incoming info then reestablish it to the higher quality later on unless the middle device understands that higher level of quality; of course, in that situation it would never reduced the info.

By small chance, I hope there is someone out there with a g15 who uses a kvm switch and can give me some info.
I'm also just looking for any ideas and opinions from anyone.

Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-switches.96961/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all I am new here and hope I am postingin the right forum I have a PC which I haven off switches PC t used for a couple of months and when I went to switch it on last night it wouldn t start Everything seems normal for the first sec or so and then it shuts itself off I have unplugged every card drive I have and it still the same The cooling fan are working and PC switches off I have even cleaned them a bit with some air spray The only difference is when I PC switches off remove the RAM Without RAM the PC stays on but of course it will not do anything it keeps beeping I am thinking that it is not the power supply or overheating because the problem occours always at the same point and if I remove the RAM it stays on which to me indicates that the power is OK and the temp too Could it be the RAM I mean if the RAM is faulty will that force the PC to switch itsel off If not what else could it be Thanks in advance for all your help nbsp

A:PC switches off

It could be a number of things, but try running Memtest 1st to see if it is the RAM.

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

You can make a bootable Floppy, or CD. Just go into BIOS and make sure 1st boot Device is whatever you created.

Post back if it passes, get new RAM if it fails!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-switches-off.91239/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello all.

Basically i want to know in more depth how they work.
Also if you have a KVM Switch up and running could you send in pictures so that i can see what they look like and how they are set up please.

Thanxs for the help it is much appriciated.

Baltan

A:KVM Switches

What exactly do you want to know? You plug in a monitor, keyboard and mouse and then plug the KVM cables into your PC's. They KVM cables have plugs for monitor, keyboard and mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-switches.59909/
Relevancy 72.67%

I am trying to help a friend with a KVM switch to use the same monitor for both his PC and laptop. My question, can he use only the monitor function on the switch and leave the (single) keyboard and mouse alone. That is -- if he is using the laptop, he will the keyboard on it and when using the PC- he will use that keyboard.

Also, any suggestion on a KVM switch?

Thanks

nepsa

Relevancy 72.67%

Does anyone know of any switches for this utility?  I know /s shows the version, I am looking for a silent scan with no interaction switch.

A:jrt.exe switches

Hello -
If you do refer to Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu, then he is quite often on this forum and he also has a Blog (sorry I do not have a current link)

As the tool Developer, your questions are best directed to him, persomally -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503128/jrtexe-switches/
Relevancy 72.67%

i have 3 computers that just switches off by itself. the computer are on a network with others but only these 3 switches off. people came and looked at the electricity andsaid that there is nothing wrong with it. 2 of the 3 are running on ups. power saving settings are off, so what can it be?

Relevancy 72.67%

Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing a 24 Port LAN Switch and the ones I've had experience so far are extremely loud. This switch won't be rack mounted and it will be physically in an office so noise is an issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a switch that is "somewhat" quiet?

Thanks,

Izzy

A:LAN Switches

Loud?? sorta of a new one on me.. Like you mean the fan for the unit is overly noisy?

I mostly work with Cisco equipment and the PC's are usually the louder of all of the computer equipment in the area.

Bad thing on that note is that Cisco can be a little pricey.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-switches.196805/
Relevancy 72.67%

please give me the uses of fibre modules used in the switches and also explained me about the LACP protocol used in the switches.

A:switches

Well, I think perhaps you should try Google for homework answers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switches.417337/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I have a problem with my laptop its running XP and when I do any video CD/DVD Burning playing games from a CD after a while the Computer just shuts down by switching off Black screen Dead and if I try to boot up straight away it just turns off again have to let the PC cool down before I can boot it up to work on it again can any one help I think this could be a hardware issue so have posted it there too any ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 72.24%

I have tried time and time again to instal win xp sp1 onto my mothers old p2 266 machine, and I know advice would be to upgrade but my mother cant afford to and she has programs that we need to run but will only work on XP, It installs perfectly but when its done and boots up for the first time it keeps switching the monitor off and you can hear it running in background, can anyone PLEASE help, I would be really gratefull, Iam studying PC M+R and my guess is that the graphics card doesnt support it but I have seen XP running on similiar machines with bog standard 4Mb G.Cards, any1 help???? PLEASE feel free to email me [email protected]

Relevancy 72.24%

I am finding lately that Defender is off and I have to start it manually. I thought Defender would remain switched on unless I switched it off. Any ideas?

A:Defender switches off

Hello Kafka,

Did you install a 3rd party AV program that may be turning off Windows Defender?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/29259-defender-switches-off.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all EDIT Guys I better mention this is an eMachines I have a - year old Pentium Ghz Gb RAM HDD and recently it s started to switch off instantly usually within around - minutes of boot-up the motherboard shuts off and the PSU continues to run - I have carried out the following checks Checked CPU off PSU - still switches running PC HS amp Fan - all fine Taken out all devices graphics etc Swapped re-seated RAM have chips so have tried each one individually Still got the problem one thing to note is that the PC will only shutdown if the machine attempts to boot-up if I leave it PC switches off - PSU still running in BIOS it will sit there running fine it only appears to shut-off when XP tries to startup and run I can even get it running in Safe Mode for around - minutes before it shuts off again - so it would appear that it only shuts off when it s being quot pushed quot I can t check the CPU temps from the BIOS but seeing as the fans are working fine I think that s OK the only other thing I spotted upon close inspection last night was that one of the smaller capacitors on the motherboard looks slightly suspect i e slightly expanded on top - although no leakage I PC switches off - PSU still running m going to try another PSU tonight to see if that s the problem Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:PC switches off - PSU still running

Dude, have you tried re-installing your operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-switches-off-psu-still-running.94722/
Relevancy 72.24%

My PC has behaved perfectly since I installed Windows several months ago However around a week ago it started to take a long time to recover from sleeping The hard disk would thrash for - minutes before the usual log-in screen would appear Then switches PC after boot off things would be OK More recently it started to switch off after coming out of sleep hibernation Once rebooted it was OK Then today PC switches off after boot it got worse It switched off every time I booted past the log in screen - sometime at the log in screen I have tried safe PC switches off after boot mode removing all USB devices but nothing now works Every time I try to start my PC at or shortly after the log in screen my PC switches off I presume that this is a pretty fundamental hardware fault Perhaps the motherboard Although it is a quad core machine with Gb of RAM it is pretty old around years so I suspect a hardware fault of some kind and I am considering a new PC Any ideas about what is causing this problem Is my PC finished

A:PC switches off after boot

Did you do anything to the computer just before your computer began to show the problems?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/113686-pc-switches-off-after-boot.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I've got an Airlink 101 4 port USB KVM switch which I'm happy with. However, it seemed that it's either Airlink has discontinued making KVM switches as they are hard to find. I found some in Amazon and Meritline.Com My question is can anyone suggest a brand/s that is/are equally good?

A:Solved: KVM Switches

I used two iogear similar to this
http://www.iogear.com/product/GCS632U/

My keyboards and mice are PS/2. I have never used a USB KVM switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-kvm-switches.1131020/
Relevancy 72.24%

my dad just bought an HP laptop with Vista Home and when he has 2 IE 8 browsers open when he trys to x one browser out it switches windows and closes the window he wanted to keep open. Why would it randomly switch and only when he is trying to close the window?

A:IE 8 randomly switches

IE8 isn't really that good. Try TAB browsing using IE8, it's much better than browsing using different windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-8-randomly-switches-397470.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have had an acer laptop for about months now Everything has been completely fine apart from one recent problem The computer randomly cuts out it doesnt shut down it just cuts out It cant be a power problem because it would run on the battery it works on the battery fine anyway After it has randomly cut out I reboot it it goes through off Randomly switches a windows disk checker thing then finally runs windows I have found that everytime it cuts out on the event monitor on administerative tools it runs a Randomly switches off file bcm sbxp I have searched for this file on the net and I is apparently a driver that is for my network card but virus can hide behind it It should only appear in windows system drivers which it did but also in windows lan I deleted the windows lan one but that hasnt made a difference I have found that it doesnt happen if Randomly switches off I am not using the wired LAN It is very annoying especially when I am doing somthing important and I cant imagine what it is doing to the hard drive It is a hardware or software problem virus of some sort Any ideas anyone Here is a hijackthis log as well Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWNETSUP EXE C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWEEPSRV SYS C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWUPDATE EXE C acer epm epm-dm exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT ICMON EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files acer eRecovery Monitor exe D Degree hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bath ac uk math-sci teaching units s html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Link cid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings AutoConfigURL http www bath ac uk proxy proxy config R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyServer ftp wwwcache bath ac uk gopher wwwcache bath ac uk http wwwcache bath ac uk https www cache bath ac uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyOverride bath ac uk lt local gt O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO IE DOM Explorer - CC E D- AA- b -B - DA A - C Program Files Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar IEDevToolbar dll O - Toolbar amp G... Read more

A:Randomly switches off

There is some malware present in the log. That could possibly be what is causing the problem.

* Click here to download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite.

Install Ewido.
During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
Launch ewido.
It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen.
On the left side of the main screen click update.
Click on Start and let it update.
DO NOT run a scan yet.

Restart your computer into Safe Mode now.
(Start tapping the F8 key at Startup, before the Windows logo screen).
Perform the following steps in Safe Mode:

* Run Ewido:
Click on scanner
Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK.
When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
Save the report to your desktop.

Reboot.

Post a new Hijack This log and the results of the Ewido scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-switches-off.472614/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have had an acer laptop for about months now Everything has been completely fine apart from one recent problem The computer randomly cuts out it doesnt shut down it just cuts out It cant be a power problem because it would run on the battery it works on the battery fine anyway After it has randomly cut out I reboot it it goes through a windows disk checker thing then finally runs windows I have found that everytime it cuts out on the event monitor on administerative tools it runs a file bcm sbxp I have searched for this file on the net and switches off Randomly I is apparently a driver that is for my network card but virus can hide behind it It should only appear in windows system drivers which it did but also in windows lan I deleted the windows lan one but that hasnt made a difference I have found that it doesnt happen Randomly switches off if I am not using the wired LAN It is very annoying especially when I am doing somthing important and I cant imagine what it is doing to the hard drive It is a hardware or software problem virus of some sort Any ideas anyone Here is a hijackthis log as well Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWNETSUP EXE C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWEEPSRV SYS C Program Files Sophos Randomly switches off SWEEP for NT SWUPDATE EXE C acer epm epm-dm exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT ICMON EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files acer eRecovery Monitor exe D Degree hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bath ac uk math-sci teaching units s html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Link cid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings AutoConfigURL http www bath ac uk proxy proxy config R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyServer ftp wwwcache bath ac uk gopher wwwcache bath ac uk http wwwcache bath ac uk https www cache bath ac uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyOverride bath ac uk lt local gt O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO IE DOM Explorer - CC E D- AA- b -B - DA A - C Program Files Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar IEDevToolbar dll O - Toolbar amp G... Read more

A:Randomly switches off

Take a look here and see if you can get rid of it>>>

http://www.file.net/process/bcm4sbxp.sys.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-switches-off.472612/
Relevancy 72.24%

HI Folks I am pulling my hair out And hopefully someone can help Recently whilst restarting my PC it would not load up whatsoever and then on the odd but PC on boot Switches won't occassion when I would try it would turn on fine but then again when I reboot it won t boot again I thought it was a Hard Disk problem as before I was getting the error about a bad sector or system disk error so I formatted the HD and did a clean install and this seemed to work fine for a while but now it has PC Switches on but won't boot happened again and it will not boot up no matter how many times I try I went out and bout a new Hard Drive today thinking that would fix it but no Its years old spec below Bascially I turn on the computer and the power quot flash quot will appear on screen and the fan starts and thats it it won t check the CD or floppy drives I can hear power going to the Hard Drive but thats it Nothing else happens The fan stays on rather than powering itself low again like normal when the PC is turned on hope that makes sense Now I am starting to think it could be my motherboard But I have no idea I have also tried taking the fan off and back on and also moving the RAM incase it became loose but all without any success And nope cant get into BIOS either and there are no beep or on screen error messages Im really hoping someone can help me as it s SOOOO fustrating Many thanks Paddy Computer Spec Your computer uses a Phoenix-Award BIOS CPU AMD Athlon amp processor Memory MB DDR RAM - PC Motherboard ECS -M Rev A motherboard Hard Drive GB Maxtor Maxtor B P CD DVD Drive Lite-On DVDRW SHOW- S Floppy Drive Integrated in card reader Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Sound Card Realtek AC audio Video Graphics Card SIS Mirage amp integrated graphics Speakers Advent SP- N Modem SmartLink K V PCI modem Network Card Realtek x Onboard Disassembly Jupiter chassis Ports Advent T ports information Mouse Advent PS mouse nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

I have had an acer laptop for about months now Everything has been completely fine apart from one recent problem The computer randomly cuts out it doesnt shut down it just cuts out It cant be a power problem because it would run on the battery it works on the battery fine anyway After it has randomly cut out I reboot it it goes through a windows disk checker thing then finally runs windows I have found that everytime it cuts out on the event monitor on administerative tools it runs a file bcm sbxp I have searched for this file on the net and I is apparently a driver that is for my network card but virus can hide behind it It should only appear in windows system drivers which it did but also in windows lan I deleted the windows lan one but that hasnt made a difference I have found that it doesnt happen if I am not using the wired LAN It is very annoying especially when I am doing somthing important and I cant imagine what it is doing to the hard drive It is a hardware or software problem virus of some sort Any ideas anyone Here is a hijackthis log as well Logfile of HijackThis v Scan off switches Randomly saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes Randomly switches off C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWNETSUP EXE C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWEEPSRV SYS C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWUPDATE EXE C acer epm epm-dm exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT ICMON EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files acer eRecovery Monitor exe D Degree hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bath ac uk math-sci teaching units s html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Link cid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings AutoConfigURL http www bath ac uk proxy proxy config R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyServer ftp wwwcache bath ac uk gopher wwwcache bath ac uk http wwwcache bath ac uk https www cache bath ac uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyOverride bath ac uk lt local gt O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO IE DOM Explorer - CC E D- AA- b -B - DA A - C Program Files Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar IEDevToolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B ... Read more

Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Guys I m hoping you can help me with this one it s been off... PC switches just Solved: bugging me for days A mate of mine has dropped a Solved: PC just switches off... PC off for me to look at because it just switches itself off but always in the same place just as the Windows load screen comes up I thought OS so I did a clean install Same problem same place OK must be something with the disk so I put Solved: PC just switches off... a Bart PE recovery disk in and tried to boot from that to try and fdisk the HD All going fine until the Windows loading screen appears then it just turns off Tried a Windows update disk same thing Put Knoppix bootable distro in starts fine until a load screen comes up it turns itself off Finally got iATOS v out of wraps - OS X installer comes up and keeps going quot Yippee quot I cry quot A PC with taste quot Took about minutes formatted the HD to HFS and installed fine then asked me to reboot Did so Darwin kernal loads and as the screen goes grey and the Apple logo appears it switches itself off No clicks bangs whistles just goes Same place on five different OS s For what it s worth its about two years old and has been fine to date I ll post specs if it will help but I m just after an opinion as to what it might be so I can start to swap out and hopefully an explanation as to why it happens in the same place or equivalent on different systems This has got me Thanks in advance Danny nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

I have two computers that I want to connect to one network port. Most communication will happen between those 2. I don't however, have a spare power socket available... Consequently I was wondering if there are any small 3-port (or more) ethernet switches that do NOT require a power supply or am I in a dream world?... Alternatively does anyone know of a cheap PCI adapter with a switch built in?... It only need be 10/100.. Don't need gigabit speed...

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Dinker

Relevancy 72.24%

when i go to turn the computer on it doesn't work, when i click the power button it switches on for a short amount of time, 30 seconds if that, it then switches off and switches on repeatedly, this is really weird and i don't think it's something to do with over heating because i took the computer apart and cleaned it all and stuck it back together,.

Any idea's?

Its an advent t90 something :L

A:Switches off and on repeatedly

Faulty power supply? Are cables loose? Do you get a POST or beep codes? If you're starting to boot into windows, then try safe mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switches-off-and-on-repeatedly.125139/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys I built a new PC about - months ago and it has been running as POST!! off before PC switches sweet as can PC switches off before POST!! be up until about hour ago The PC had been left on since this morning I came back to use it and noticed that the monitor was off and the LED was flashing I have power save settings switched on so I didn t think much of it However when I moved the mouse the monitor didn t come back on The PC tried to come back to life power led and HDD led were on but nothing came up on the monitor After a while the pc powered off alltogether Now when I try to turn it on everything starts up leds fans etc but the system switches off just before POST I am guessing that a piece of my hardware has died but I don t know where to start Can anyone suggest anything please The system components are Asus M N motherboard Athlon X Gb Corsair RAM gb SATA HD GeForce GTX Thermaltake Toughpower W PSU and a Thermaltake Soprano case nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hai,
I have two cisco switches(24 ports each) stacked together. I wanted to implemet four vlans where vlan 1 and 3 alone should communicate with each other. vlan 2 and 4 should not speak with any other vlan's and in between them.

Please advise.....

A:vlan's in switches

VLAN 2 and 4 part is very easy.

(Depending on version of switch)

Connect an interface (Interface 1) between the two switches with crossover cable.

On interface between switches:
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

On access ports:
switchport acc vlan x (where x is the VLAN you want)

For VLAN 1 and 3 to talk to each other, you're going to need a router. I'm assuming the switches you have aren't layer 3 capable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vlans-in-switches.417598/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi wanted to put this out there switches Multiple to gt some secon opinions before we go in a tech meeting shortly Firstly I m not a data technician so my apologies if I get anything wrong here or make it confusing in any way We create energy control systems for commercial customers and have recently invented a control system to Multiple switches allow our guys to control one individual device at once over an addressable network we re just in the process of deciding how to send messages to each individual device and struggling I m a spark by trade so the only thing I know much about is wiring and that s we re the trouble lies we have nine hundred Ethernet relays connecting to one computer the relays are spread over three floors and simply recieve a small data packets telling them to turn on or off so the data levels are pretty small throughout the network but tech developers are saying that each device needs to be wired in cat back to the server I wanted to develop a device that incorporated a small three port Ethernet switch so that we could daisy chain up tp devices back to a larger switch and then back up to a network drive on the server So we would end up with a port switch on each floor then branches of interconnecting devices but I ve been called an idiot So my real question I suppose is quot what s the simplest way to lay out this complex network quot How can I creat a network tree down to each device Can I install a switch on each floor at a central location and then branch off a selection of smaller switches maybe x port switches out on the floor back to one switch per floor and then each floor switch back to a server Tricky one I think nbsp

A:Multiple switches

Not sure if you've already got this problem solved. But to start off with any network design is to diagram the topology. Which means a logical diagram on how the devices will be wired/connected to each other. Many issues with network designs and troubleshooting can be attributed to a lack of network documentation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-switches.1085548/
Relevancy 72.24%

my computer switches off on its own.

dunno whats up with it think maybe it could be the power supply..

also keep on getting blue screen of death with a 9c hardware error.
bit stuck as dont know a lot about the workings of a pc i have recently instaled a nvidia 6600le gfx card so might be that.

any help or advice on what the problem could be would be much aprecited..

my system specs
amd athlon dual core 64x2 3800+
nvidia 6600le gfx card
creative audigy 2zs soundcard
4x 512mb ram sticks
gigabyte
idna geforce series mobo gforce 6100 nforce 430 chipset
maxtor 200 gb hard drive
Lg 16x dvd drive
dunno what the power supply is it came with the case

thanks

A:Computer switches off on its own

The Nvidia drivers probably corrupted the registry... Try performing an XP repair. Here are the instructions:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-repair-Windows-XP-t138.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-switches-off-on-its-own.91028/
Relevancy 72.24%

I Resolution Switches XP installed Windows XP Professional a few days ago I went to play my Civilization XP Resolution Switches III game and notcied things looked a little different The game runs in what I believe is x My standard desktop XP Resolution Switches size is x Instead of switching to x my computer now puts what appears to be an x window within my screen meaning I have a black box around my screen and a window within it It does this for all apps that are running while the game is running If I exit everything switches back to normal To further complicate this question when the game runs I to contradict what i wrote above it changes my desktop resolution to x which i assume means the window is actually x that the game appears in If i change my desktop to x my other programs look fine but my Civ III is a x box in the upper right hand corner I know I haven t been very clear but HELP nbsp

A:XP Resolution Switches

look for an option within the game menu's to play full screen, if you can't find one try pressing alt and enter at the same time, it should toggle the window from windowed mode to full screen and vice versa.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-resolution-switches.59723/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi....have decided to get a KVM switch, I need to hook up two pcs to one monitor and I think this will really do the trick. Belkin has been recommended to me and I've looked around on the Web and they seem to have a great reputation...prices are decent too. Have also looked at D-Link and Iogear, but haven't been crazy about what I've read (buyers' ratings). Office Max has a Belkin 2-Port switch for 20 bucks, with PS/2 cables attached (which is exactly what I need). Which is better....the one with cables included (cables are separate), or cables attached? I would think built-in cables would be lots better in the long run. Newegg has some that look really good too...& their prices are really affordable.

Does anyone have any info/experience on these KVM (keyboard, video, mouse) switches? Sure would appreciate some guidance on this.

Thanks!

hip

Relevancy 72.24%

My Pc switches off automatically after a few minutes. The technician replaced fan in the CPU unit a few months ago but its still getting switched off. Now the technician is saying that it's a hardware problem and need to replace the hardware inside the CPU. Whether I need to buy a new hardware for Rs 2800. Can any one help me.

My PC is 6 yrs old. OS is Windows XP

A:My Pc switches off automatically

It's not cost effective to put new hardware in a 6 year old computer. You can buy a new or semi used one for the same price at places like Craigslist. If a PC switches off, it is usually heat related. If your tech put a new CPU fan on, did he put thermal paste between the Heat Sync and the Fan? (this dissipates the heat, very important). Has the tech checked the temperatures in the Bios? Ask these questions before he does anything else. And check out the price of a new/used computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-pc-switches-off-automatically-581967.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey guys and gals I have a problem with my computer It seems to be switching itself on for bout s and then off It happening at random times I have copied the log file below Can anyone help Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system itself?? on switches Computer PRISMSVR EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers Computer switches on itself?? exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C DOCUME Hina LOCALS Temp clclean C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Dell Wireless PRISMCFG exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Dell Network Assistant hnm svc exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C WINDOWS system PRISMSVC EXE C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com content default aspx c uk amp l en amp s gen R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www euro dell com content default aspx c uk amp l en amp s gen R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - BHO McAfee PopupKiller - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - c program files mcafee com mps popupkiller dll O - BHO McAfee Anti-Phishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolba... Read more

A:Computer switches on itself??

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

If you're not receiving help elsewhere and still require assistance for this issue please do this:

Perform an online scan with Panda ActiveScanClick on Scan Your PC Now
A "pop up" window will appear, or a new tab will open.
Click on Register
Choose the option you like most, but we recommend the Free Registration.
Click on Register
Enter your e-mail address, and create a password.
Select "I do not want to receive any type of information" (unless you want to receive such information)
Click on Send
Confirm registration, and continue by entering your user name and password, then click on Enter
Select Full Scan, then Click on Scan Now
Wait for the components to be loaded and installed. Don't close this window or go to another page while it is downloading. You can continue using the Internet by opening another window in your browser.
If it finds any malware it can disinfect, the Disinfect button will be enabled. Click on Disinfect
Please ignore the offer to buy the program. Click on Export To

Export the log and save it to your desktop.
Please post the contents of that log in your next reply.
**Note**
To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review:Close any open programs.
Turn off the real-time scanner of all antivirus or antispyware programs while performing the online scan.
------------------------------------------------------
Download RSIT by random/random and Save it to your Desktop.
Double-click RSIT.exe to run the tool.
Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
When the scan completes it will open a log named log.txt maximized, and a log named info.txt minimized.
Please copy/paste the contents of log.txt and info.txt in your next reply.
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-switches-on-itself-304732.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi.
i got a new computer recently. about 1 week ago. recently while using the computer it switches off suddenly for no reason.
Initially it took maybe 20mins for it to switch off. but gradually it took 5-10mins to switch off and now it switches off at boot up. =//

anyone help? and anyways.im a computer newbie X_x

A:HELP: CPU switches off for no reason

comp info? maybe u should follow the 'new member guide' and fill in ur system specs in ur public profile. that way ppl can help u. i cant help u (and i doubt anyone can) unless u give ur more info about ur system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-cpu-switches-off-for-no-reason.39221/
Relevancy 72.24%

I bought my lumia 730 ... one year before...when i keep my mobile in pocket...its automatically getting switched off and getting started after removing and reinserting the battery...... what is the problem?...after hard reset also this problem not yet solved.This problem is not arising when my phone is in idle

A:switches off automatically

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I bought my lumia 730 ... one year before...when i keep my mobile in pocket...its automatically getting switched off and getting started after removing and reinserting the battery...... what is the problem?...after hard reset also this problem not yet solved.This problem is not arising when my phone is in idle since when are you facing this issue? did you drop your phone? Are you an insider?
please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440702-switches-off-automatically.html
Relevancy 72.24%

my pc switches off right after i switch it on. it only shows the first screen the screen that usually says press f1 for boot menu and such, and then it switches off. it hasn't reached the part where it shows microsoft xp and the loading thing while booting up. some times the shutdown time is shorter where it doesn't even show the first screen. it shuts off for about 1 or 2 seconds right after i switch it on.

i tried using a different power supply but problem is still the same.

hope to get some useful solutions from You.

and oh this is my first post. hello to all.

A:pc switches off right after i switch it on

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-switches-off-right-after-i-switch-it-on-457858.html
Relevancy 72.24%

would connecting 2 12port hubs (10/100) to a switch 5 port split the hubs to a 50mbps connection?

A:Switches with 2 10/100 Hubs

Depends on what kind of traffic it will be.

If both hubs want to talk to the same device attached to the switch all the time then you will get 50Mbit per hub on average.

Assuming your network looks like this:

hub
\
switch - uplink
/
hub

If both hubs want to talk to the uplink all the time then on average the speed per hub will be less than 50Mbps. If the hubs want to talk to each other for example then the speed between them will be 100Mbit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switches-with-2-10-100-hubs.24147/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a network setup with one fiber trunk to a data switch with multiple vlans.
I want to add another data switch to the network , how do I add it when i only have one fiber link?
Hardware :
2 Dell L2 switches 54xx and 35xx model

Relevancy 72.24%

My monitor a ViewSonic VE b switches on and off Monitor on and switches off on a very regular basis from Monitor switches on and off the moment I boot up I ve read through the forum postings and can t find a similar problem I don t think there s anything wrong with the monitor itself as I can eventually get it to stay on I d be very grateful for any advice on the cause and solution New to TechSpot and not technically aware so please excuse ordinary language Here s more detail - I ve had my new Mesh PC and monitor for just over a year with no problems at all - the monitor now flashes on stays off for seconds flashes on stays off for seconds and so on - when it does this the green monitor light goes out a millisecond before the screen goes black then the green light comes on again followed seconds later by the picture then the green light goes out picture off green light on for secs etc - most Monitor switches on and off of the time loading a programme eg Excel MSN GuitarPro has no effect on the on off problem but sometimes the loading of a programme seems to stabilise the screen display and the monitor is perfectly OK - stabilising the display by loading a programme seems to be dependent on Monitor switches on and off just catching the on off process at the right time I know this sounds very silly - once the screen display is stable I can switch the monitor on and off with no problem but rebooting the PC usually results in the monitor problem recurring What I ve done - changed power cables no difference - uninstalled and reloaded monitor drivers no difference - tried monitor on another PC no difference still goes on off I ve got an NVIDIA GeForce video card on a refresh rate of Hz nbsp

A:Monitor switches on and off

You say you have tried the monitor on another pc and it does the same thing. Its the monitor that is at fault for sure, it could be caused by a failing component or a dry solder joint. Monitors contain extremely dangerous voltages even when powered down. Only a monitor expert should open it up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-switches-on-and-off.56647/
Relevancy 72.24%

Windows10 defender firewall and virus protection keeps switching off after latest update. A message appears on screen saying to switch it on, but as soon as I do it switches off again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/defender-switches-off-1079298.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi everyone I m hoping someone could help me with this problem I have with my PC For the last months my PC would switch off without warning whether I m browsing the internet or playing games The monitor screen will instantly go black and the power would switch off instantly without any noise such as bleeping I have tried to re-boot the PC from the power button via the tower but it will not respond unless I leave the PC for at least hours The local repair shop has fitted a new fan new hardrive needed a new one they it's own off on switches PC accord! checked the power supply and cannot see any fault I currently have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition an AMD Athlon tm XP I also have ALL-IN-WONDER SERIES graphics card and a GB hardrive The suggestion from the repair shop is to replace the graphics card if that fails then possibly a new motherboard etc etc elimination process as they would call it and I fear I could spend hundreds of pounds when in fact it could be something minor I have checked the error log on the PC and there is nothing to report Any suggestions would PC switches off on it's own accord! be most appreciated Many thanks in advance Jono nbsp

A:PC switches off on it's own accord!

Welcome to TechSpot

Open the PC. Upon booting, check that all fans (especially on the CPU) come on.
Once your PC has been running for say about an hour, reboot it, go immediately into the BIOS and check the temperatures.
Alternatively, go to www.lavalys.com and get the free Everest Home Edition. This can also show you the CPU and mobo temperatures.
Could be your CPU is overheating. Are there any dustbunnies in your PC and/or that CPU-fan?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-switches-off-on-its-own-accord.21824/
Relevancy 72.24%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 940 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3327 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953765 MB, Free - 632333 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, ALiveXFire-eSATA2..
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

Hi
I have successfully used Pinnacle Studio Ultimate version 14 several times in the past. On this occasion, when rendering the 'movie', it causes the computer to shut down. This doesn't happen at the same point in the process (but in usually in the first 3000 frames).
I have used the original disc to repair the program but the problem still persists.
What can make the PC spontaneously switch off?
Is there any way I can cure the problem?
HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-spontaneously-switches-off.1102106/
Relevancy 72.24%

hi folks when i turn my pc on the monitor wont come on but if i unplug it from the pc it does come on saying no signal can anyone help only happened after upgrading cpu from 1.5ghz 400fsb 478 socket to a 2.7ghz 400fsb 478socket according to my mobo website is supported my mobo is a gigabyte titan p4 ga-8srx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-switches-of.645327/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Now if anybody can help I'd appreciate it My system switches itself off by itself not during the day but early morning and only once My event log has the following for this morning Off! Switches Windows 7 x64 Itself The system is entering sleep Sleep Reason Application API The browser has forced an election on Windows 7 x64 Switches Itself Off! network Device NetBT Tcpip E A-E - E -AFE - E C A Windows 7 x64 Switches Itself Off! because a master browser was stopped The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service was successfully sent a stop control The reason specified was x Operating System Network Connectivity Planned Comment None The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the stopped state The system time has changed to - - T Z from - - T Z The previous morning it shut itself down with this in the event log The process C Windows system winlogon exe user has initiated the power off of computer user-PC on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM for the following reason No title for this reason could be found Reason Code x ff Shutdown Type power off Comment User Logoff Notification for Customer Experience Improvement Program The Event log service was stopped The Windows Update service entered the stopped state The Group Policy Client service entered the stopped state DHCPv client service is stopped ShutDown Flag value is DHCPv client service is stopped ShutDown Flag value is The DHCP Client service entered the stopped state The Diagnostic Service Host service entered the stopped Windows 7 x64 Switches Itself Off! state The NVIDIA Driver Helper Service service entered the stopped state The Diagnostic Policy Service service entered the stopped state The Power service entered the stopped state And the morning before that i got this The process Explorer EXE has initiated the power off of computer user-PC on behalf of user user-PC user for the following reason Other Unplanned Reason Code x Shutdown Type power off Comment The process C Windows system winlogon exe user-PC has initiated the power off of computer user-PC on behalf of user user-PC user for the following reason No title for this reason could be found Reason Code x ff Shutdown Type power off Comment May I say what I have looked at Firstly anything scheduled in my programs I am running or task scheduler Bios for power options Windows power options Computer scanned for viruses Checked power supply but I'm sure it's not this as it only happens once a day at a similar time The only thing I can think is it coincides with updating windows Can anyone help it's killing me

A:Windows 7 x64 Switches Itself Off!

This looks like a malware/ trojan or a PSU problem. Run a MBAM scan, if theres a spare PSU, check with that.

In any case, since it coincides with windows updates, turn off automatic windows updates first.

Turn off Windows automatic updating in Windows 7

If the problem goes away, we know it has something to do with the updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118092-windows-7-x64-switches-itself-off.html
Relevancy 72.24%

hi, sometimes when my computer is off, it switches on by itself. How do i fix this problem?

A:computer switches on by itself

Check in the Power Management section of the Motherboard's BIOS for "Wake on PME Event" or "Wake on NIC activity" .(WOL)
I have seen the PME event wake the machine if the modem is plugged in and you get a phone call.
Also, the Wake on NIC event may be booting the computer if it is actively listening for whats called a "Magic Packet"

or check the power button for any syrupy, sticky residue which may be holding the power button in such as spilled/dried Mountain Dew(as was the case with one of my machines a while back )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-switches-on-by-itself.428890/
Relevancy 72.24%

Switch: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10015/index.html

Layout:
2 Floors, and there is one of those switches on each floor.
DSL Modem connected with Ethernet cable to the Switch on the upper floor.
Server Connected with Ethernet cable to the Switch on the lower floor.
Switches connected with each other with an Ethernet cable.
Each Switch has around 15-18 computers connected to it.

1) Is network speed between the server and the various users affected or slowed in any way? (since all users on upper floor share one cable, which connects the switches, to access the server on the lower floor)

2) Also Is the internet connection speed affected?

3) Does connecting the two switches with 2 cables instead of one increase performance?

Whats the optimal set up that i should have.

Thank you.

A:Connecting Switches Help.

Your questions about network performance between switches depends on how loaded down the uplink connection is between the switches. If you have a ton of traffic from hosts on the upper switch to the lower switch accessing the server and then you have hosts on the lower switch trying to get to the internet, then the hosts trying to get to the internet can be affected. It really depends on network communications at the time, the duration of the network communications, and who was there "first." And the reverse applies.

As far as the server performance goes, again it depends. If the hosts on the same switch hammer the server network communications wise, then the limitation here would be the single ethernet connection between the server and the switch.

As you can see all these performance questions are a it really depends scenario. You have to figure out what type of network traffic is going to be generated, how long, and from where. Also, you have to examine the server to see if it is built up to par to even be able to keep up with the available network bandwidth which I assume is GigE to the server.

As far as adding another uplink connection between the switches, you can't. I looked at the specs and this switch is not managed. I also don't see where the switch supports spanning tree. So in the scenario of the switch not having spanning tree, adding a second uplink between switches is going to result in total disaster. The second uplink will create what is called a switch loop. This will cause frames to loop around and around to the point where this will end up dragging your network performance to a crawl and eventually resulting in a total network crash. If your switches do support spanning tree, what will happen is that there might be a blip in network performance as spanning tree converges the additional link. Eventually, the second uplink will be placed in a blocking mode at one of the switches which would be determined to be the root switch. Because the port for the second uplink is in a blocking state, no traffic is going to be passed through this connection. The only way this connection becomes active is if the current uplink drops out for what ever reason. Spanning tree will detect this and then change the second uplink port on the root switch into a forwarding state. Spanning tree is a protocol used to prevent switch loops as I described above. So in this configuration you have more or less a redundant standby link. But without a managed switch to tweak the spanning tree parameters to get faster convergence, relying on spanning tree to provide link failover can result in less than ideal network performance as convergence (depending on the version of spanning tree being supported) can take 15 to 30 seconds if I remember correctly.

If you want link redundancy and traffic load balancing with multiple links between switches, you have to get a managed switch for both floors. You can run as many links between the switches you want up to a maximum of 8. You then need to configure these links as a link aggregated group (IEEE 802.3ad). To further enhance peformance of the link aggregated group, you can run LACP over the links between switches.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-switches-help.865361/
Relevancy 72.24%

This laptop is only a few months old. Recently, in most cases when the battery goes down to exactly 24%, it switches off. It does not go into energy saving or hibernation, it simply switches off, losing all unsaved user data. Destroying the user's data is about the worst crime in the computer world, so this needs some reaction, apart from the fact that battery run time is shorter than promised. I have run through the battery recalibration exercise (charge fully while off, boot, go into safe mode, let the battery run empty) to no avail. Is there any better method for battery recalibration on this computer? The first information I need to localise the fault is whether the electronics responsible for shutting down are in the battery or in the computer. Please let me know, if anyone knows.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-always-switches-off-at-exactly-24/td-p/454908
Relevancy 72.24%

Is NAS's compatible with Switches, or do I have to use a router?

A:NAS compatable with Switches?

A switch should be invisible to the NAS, and I have a number of them connected to several switches.

It'll work fine. Of course, that assumes that the network topology is correct and a switch is logically called for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nas-compatable-with-switches.624599/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi First post here so bare with me I really hope someone can help me out here this problem is off Monitor switches driving me nuts Anyway I ve built Monitor switches off a new computer and the only parts not replaced is the PSU and the monitor Basically I have an issue happening where my monitor will switch off after as little as seconds up to about minutes I have no operating system installed on the computer yet and can only get in to the BIOS or begin installing Windows This is what happens I turn the computer on it begins installing Windows begins copying the files and does one of four things it will give me a blue screen error while copying files irql not less or equal The monitor will just switch off and computer will reset The computer will reset and THEN the monitor will not come back on It will continue to the next stage of installation Once the monitor has turned off I have to unplug it and manually switch off my PSU for a couple of minutes before it works again Then once it is working the cycle starts again The longest it will go before switching off is to the point where I press the quot begin installation quot button Win A few things to note once it has turned off the quot power quot and quot reset quot buttons on the computer STOP working and the only way to turn off the computer is to turn off the PSU This problem also happens if I do nothing or just stay inside the BIOS menu At most the monitor will stay on for about or minutes I ve tried moving the RAM to another slow making sure everything is plugged in and it s all fine All I have plugged in is RAM graphics card and hard drive I have no onboard graphics so a card is a must for me Every component is brand new except the PSU and I have also tried another monitor so it s not an issue there Also I noticed something else On first boot I hear quot beep quot coming from the motherboard on the initial screen where it displays what your RAM is processor etc Once the monitor switches off and I try to boot again there is no quot beep quot and I lose the ability to use the quot power quot and quot reset quot buttons on the PC My specs are Motherboard MSI -C CPU Athlon II X RAM Crucial GB DDR single stick Graphics GeForce GS HD SATA GB PSU W Monitor HP w v Thanks for any help I really am at a loss nbsp

A:Monitor switches off

Anyone got at least an idea of what it might be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-switches-off.895812/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi My computer switches off before it can even boot Sometimes it reaches till the boot screen and then switches off Once this happens the power button will not respond to anything It just wudn t power on the system I have to unplug the off before PC boot can switches it spike guard from the socket and then replug for the power button to respond But the system again switches off before boot and again power button wont repond till I unplug n replug the spike guard This happens to times and only then my computer starts Once it starts it works as good as new What seems to be the solution to this problem My system configurations Hardware Intel Pentium P processor Ghz Mobo G the chipset is intel but the manufacturer isnt intel RAM - GB MB PC switches off before it can boot DDR Mhz Graphics Card - GeForce FX MB - Make Zebronics PC switches off before it can boot Samsung X DVD Writer PATA Samsung GB HDD PATA Power Supply - ATX Watts Make Power Focus Software Windows Vista Home Premium SP Windows XP PRO SP Dual Boot Antivirus - Norton Internet Security Vista Norton AntiVirus XP I am sure that there is no virus or any kind of malware on my computer Everything except the processor is still in warranty Please help me Rahul nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

i cant figure this out. i have a router and out of the router i have connected two switches. the switches are not linked together, but have an independent cable going from the router to each switch. one switch is an 8 port and one is a 16 port. i have three computers and and printer connected to the 8 port switch and everything works including the internet. however, the computers connected to the 16 port say they are connected, but i cannot get online.

I have changed all the cables and even exchanged the 16 port switch. still no internet.

what am i doing wrong or how do i troubleshoot.

thanks.

Both switches are Netgear and are new.

Thanks.

Relevancy 72.24%

I was looking for a new laptop In the end I went for the WLMi from Tesco It arrived this morning booted up fine and all looked well It :( Acer switches New off went through installing all of the Acer stuff and then popped up saying I needed to register Norton It started downloading updates for it but at the same time started downloading Windows updates Then all of a sudden it just switched off and has been doing it since It boots up ok loads all New Acer switches off :( the gadgets and the taskbar and then just turns off I went into Safe Mode and disabled all the Norton in Services and Startup and it seems to stay on a bit longer now but still intermittingly turning off I ve tried it with just mains amp battery just battery and just mains It also has never switched itself off in Safe Mode so I m assuming this is a software fault I tried going to go into safe New Acer switches off :( mode and have a go at completely uninstalling Norton but it tells me I need to restart in normal mode to do that When I do that it switches of All the event viewer tells me is quot The previous system shutdown was unexpected quot with event ID Anyone any other ideas Should I just return this That would be my choice but if it s something I can fix then I d like to as my girlfriend has several deadlines for college and at the minute is without a computer and will probably be close to tears if I tell her this needs sent back P S This is running Windows Vista nbsp

A:New Acer switches off :(

Try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 repeatedly on startup and choosing the safe mode command line. When it boots into that, type in appwiz.cpl, and press enter. That should bring up the add/remove programs thing. Try uninstalling it from there. I think it's still safe mode though, so I don't know if it will work.

Try reading this thread. See if that helps.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-acer-switches-off.70764/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello my problem is to me a bit of a headache I recently purchased a LeadTek GT mm due to a certain game that likes to melt PC s Anyways heres the story I installed the GT and almost immeditaly it would power off within in minutes sometimes not getting past boot I relieased my w PSU wasent Switches off randomly PC going PC Switches off randomly to cut it so I bought a w PSU which is way past the recomended for a single GT Again same issue to be safe I totally uninstalled the drivers and updated to the lastest and for about half hour it was fine Went to setup my TV link and zooom switched off Same PC Switches off randomly problem as before Alittle bemused I unhooked all non-essentials PC Switches off randomly and booted up again same problem After examining the PC for about angry minutes I noticed the pins that connect my SATA where bent i must of damaged it when moving it to slot the GFX in so I did my best and refitted the cable slotted everything back in re-seated the GFX card and laid my PC on its side hours later and I m smooth sailing TV working though not quite right Loaded up Guitar Hero on my PC midway through Fire amp Flames zooom switched off again Now for the life of me I cannot understand whats happening - I have more then enough power I ve updated all my drivers I replaced the PSU check my RAM using memtest which shows its fine My flatmate suggested that because the pins where damaged slightly on my main drive the contains XP that it could be cutting out but im not convinced so i m at a loss that and I m getting very little performance boost over my old Ati or even my GT Crysis actually dropped frames - Help Specs XP Pro SP Fully updated Intel Core Duo Abit IL -Pro LeadTek Gforce GT GB Corsair gb WD SATA gb Samsung SATA Generic Sound card w PSU nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

I am about to expand the number of networked computers at work from 4 to approx 20 while at the same time upgrading to an ADSL connection. When going to buy more hubs, it was suggested that switches may be better. Why? My understanding is hubs work at the physical level and switches at the data level. What's the advantage of a switch?

A:switches vs hubs

The big difference is speed and possibly distance. A hub essentially just connects the wires so data can be passed between the connected devices. All devices plugged into a hub will share available bandwidth and will receive all data passed through the hub no matter which computer it was aimed at. A switch repeats all data to the appropriate port so each port gets it's own bandwidth and data is only sent to the computer it was intended for.

DISCLAIMER: I believe this info to be correct but I an not an expert in this area so if someone feels that I erred please let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switches-vs-hubs.39868/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey

WheneveR I switch on my PC It automatically switch off .it switches off after every 10 minutes and restarts automatically.

I don't know whether it's a hardware problem or software problem.

A:switches off automatically.

Have you checked you power settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switches-off-automatically.1160809/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I have a problem with my laptop its running XP and when I do any video CD/DVD Burning playing games from a CD after a while the Computer just shuts down by switching off Black screen Dead and if I try to boot up straight away it just turns off again have to let the PC cool down before I can boot it up to work on it again can any one help I think this could be a software issue so have posted it there too any ideas?

Thanks

A:Laptop switches off

I'd say it's overheating. I'd blow it out with compressed air, or a good hair drier. You may need to get a notebook cooling pad for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-switches-off.440754/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have Windows Vista Ultimate. My home page is a self-created collection of links to URLs I frequent. I have always been able to right-click on links in home page and choose "Open in new tab" without losing focus on the home page. This is no longer true and is annoying.

I have gone to Internet options "Change how web pages are displayed in tabs". "Always switch to new tabs when they are created" is not checked. The setting for "Open links from other programs in" is "a new tab in the current window".

What can I do to remedy this?

Thank you for any insight.

Mary

A:Focus switches to new tab

I'm a little confused. What do you mean by not losing focus on home page?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/focus-switches-to-new-tab-575406.html
Relevancy 72.24%

what are they? whats the difference between it and a router?

A:network switches

switch = "intelligent" hub as in will send the packet to who ever reqeusted without droping it or collision
router= connects 2 networks and also can act as a DCHP server ( more or less

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-switches.70184/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,
Am using an ISP provided modem that gets internet directly (ADSL) and then to a D-Link 16 port swich. I have been working on it very good for my 8 computers and all getting internet, I resently added a Linksys router (CISCO) to take internet to another pc on another floor, and added more pcs to my network.
My BIG issue is that I have a brekon link. I have to turn the switch on and off every time to get connection back. Pls help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switches-networking.1049175/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I hope I'm posting in the correct place..
I've just upgraded my comp and I now have:
Bought in the upgrade bundle:
Abit nf7
512 DDR
barton xp 2500+
cpu heatsink + fan
Already had:
gforce ti4600
case with 350W power supply
40 gig and 16 gig hardrive
dvd drive
cdrw drive
floppy disk

The problem I have is that my computer sometimes shuts down randomly and goes into, i think, standby mode....or maybe it's power saving mode. Only way i can turn it back on is to unplug it and wait for a bit.
At first I thought it only happened when I used cpu intensive programs. Championship Manager 4 uses 100% cpu usage all the time, and after a few minutes my pc shuts down.

Recently it had been doing it even when I wasn't doing anything on my pc, and resulted in some files being corrupted and having to reinstall winxp.
Any help appreciated.

A:PC switches off randomly

oh and my cpu temperature is around 52 celsius, and vcore 1.66 V

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-switches-off-randomly.152814/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey SevenForums I am planning Switches and Routers. on holding a LAN Party in a month or and requier a bit of help because it is my first About - people will be coming I need help on a few things and any imput people could put in would be greatly appreciated because I am very lost I was planning on purchasing a switch Still not sure what to purchase yet I am looking for something around ports and connecting it directly by a network cable to my Belkin Wireless G Universal Range Extender Router Then connecting all the computers to the switch All the computers connected to the switch will be running either XP Vista or Is this going to work What kind of settings am I going to need to change on the OS's to make them all be able to interact with each other in the games Are their easier ways to do this I have no previous networking experience Switches and Routers. and am only Switches and Routers. so go easy Mackenzie

A:Switches and Routers.

If all your mates machines have wireless capabilties, all you do is get them to log into your wireless network and instant networking and net access. Do they all have wireless?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/48844-switches-routers.html
Relevancy 72.24%

My laptop switches itself off when I am not there, it is not the screensaver, I dont know how long it takes to do this as I have never been there when it does it. I have to reboot on my return. Another thing that is bugging me is this box on the bottom left of my screen 'cookie and data user consent how can I get rid of it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-laptop-switches-itself-off-1114042.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have had this problem with my laptop Windows XP (which I bought back in late 2001) for a while and just sort of put up with it but now I am wondering what could be causing it. When I watch a video on youtube.com or play a soccer game through the internet on gamesheep.com or put in a DVD in, my computer switches off! No shutdown, just a straight switch off. This happens occasionally when I play the soccer game but if it is a you tube video(like a tv show) or a DVD it is more than certain the computer will switch off suddenly after a few minutes into the viewing of it. Any ideas why this is happening? Cheers for any help!

Relevancy 72.24%

Howdy

I have a spare box that I found at the dump and brought home. I put a hard drive and a stick of ram in it and low and behold it fired up...anyway I would like to hook it up to my small network but have no room or desire for another keyboard/mouse/monitor.
( already have 2 of each on one fairly small desk )

Do the KVM switches I have read a little about ...

1) really work well with no adverse affects on the monitor
2) Is it as simple as flipping a switch while both computer are on without having to reboot
3) Any recomendations for one brand over another

thanks for any thoughts

buck

A:monitor switches

1) I've never heard of adverse affects on monitors from KVMs. I've been using them for years, and I've read quite a bit about them. Where did you read that they can cause problems with monitors?

2) Yes, it is as simple as pressing a button or a key sequence. No rebooting involved.

3) Linksys. This one comes with the cables as well.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10232552&loc=101

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-switches.106282/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello all I m having some problems configuring my home network properly I am using a cable modem for my high speed internet and my original setup was just a router with ports in and Switches Routers which Switches and Routers I plugged the WAN in and then the four computers Since then I have set up a few more systems to be on this network so I needed more ports I now have an port switch in which I plugged the WAN into port and the rest of the computers into the remaining Only ONE PC can get online but all the rest say quot Limited or no connectivity quot I ve tried rebooting and resetting everything possible Switches and Routers The switch tests fine and is brand new out of the box All the cables and NIC cards are also fine I ve also tried another port switch to make sure and it still has the same problems I m guessing this is happening because I need to set the machines up for static IP maybe If so how do I know which range to follow through on I want to create a workgroup and have all computers see each others shared drives and folders Could someone explain to me how this switch needs to be configured so that I can use it for my network Any guidance is greatly appreciated Chris nbsp

A:Switches and Routers

The switch should not be connected to the WAN port. The WAN port should only be used for your DSL modem. Your switch should be connected to one of the switch ports on the router. Once you do that you should be ok. The IP addresses should come from the router's DHCP server.

Joe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switches-and-routers.519468/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all,
My PC began getting hot pretty quickly a couple of months ago and subsequently triggers the safety 'switch-off' every time I try to start it up.
I've checked the fans, cleaned the inside of the PC, thermite paste seems to be fine, and I moved an intake fan to the back and made it an exhaust (bizarrely the company who built the PC didn't give it an exhaust!)
Despite all this it still becomes hot very quickly and switches off - I'm certain it's a heat problem (as opposed to, say, a PSU issue) because when I take the side of the case off and manually train a desktop fan on the PC it works without error.
Does anyone have any possible idea as to why this is happening? I only have one intake and one exhaust, but that has served me for nearly two years now and the PC isn't overclocked or anything like that.
Many thanks!

A:PC overheats and switches off

If you install software such as CPUID HWMonitor you might be able to see what component is overheating. This could be caused by a fault in a component.
If this problem persists I'd recommend contacting the seller of the PC and asking for a replacement or for your money back. If you live within the UK this fault that you desribe would make the product unfit for purpose which is in violation of the 'Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 4.5'

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/pc-overheats-switches-4597469/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,
Well i wanted to connect around 20 computers to a local LAN that would then be connected to the main server and finally to the Internet. I am new to this stuff so dont have any idea as what to do.
Do i use routers or combination of router and switches.
Do I connect the computers wirelessly to the router or if not since most routers have only four ethernet ports than what should i do, if i want to connect the computer via ethernet cable. Please give detail of both options.
If i am using a private address say 10.0.0.0/8, how do i make an addressing scheme for the LAN for each PC.
thanks in advance, any help will be apprciated.

A:Router, switches and LAN

Sounds like a homework assignment. If it is, pay attention in class and this stuff will be easy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-switches-and-lan.1030877/
Relevancy 72.24%

A bunch of friends and I are going to try and set up a LAN. In the past we've been like five guys connecting to my 8-port switch. We're going to be a couple more this time so my 8-port switch won't be enough. Would it be possible to plug my switch into another switch? Or maybe a router. If so, how?

I have a Netgear Prosafe GS108GE switch.

Relevancy 72.24%

I have an old version of Openview (B.06.00).

I have a flat network consisting of a cisco router with an ethernet connection to a cisco switch, and 2 other cisco switches are cascaded off each other.

Router---switch 1---switch 2---switch 3

I can see the devices on the switch connected to the router, as it is labeled segment 1. When I explode it and click on the node that is switch 2, I do not see any other nodes.

How can I see all the nodes on switch 2 and switch 3? This is a flat network.

Thanks

A:seeing all devices on all switches

If the switches are set up as VLAN's on different subnets you need routing set up to route to the other subnets.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeing-all-devices-on-all-switches.373765/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have two computers that I want to connect to one network port. Most communication will happen between those 2. I don't however, have a spare power socket available... Consequently I was wondering if there are any small 3-port (or more) ethernet switches that do NOT require a power supply or am I in a dream world?... Alternatively does anyone know of a cheap PCI adapter with a switch built in?... It only need be 10/100.. Don't need gigabit speed...

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Dinker

A:Powerless Switches?

A "Power Strip" or better yet a Surge Protector strip would solve your problem for between $1.99 to $20 (or more).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerless-switches.354113/
Relevancy 72.24%

What is the difference in power switches for the AT and ATX case and power supplies? Can an AT case be modified to use an ATX power supply and motherboard? If a change is need, how would it be done.
Got lots of time and just want to do something which might keep the old cases out of the junk heap.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-switches.265284/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi There,

I hope someone can help me. I was swamped with spyware and adware the other day. I managed to get rid of everything but since it happened my PC switches itself off and starts rebooting (sometimes it doesnt start rebooting). Its not even a "Shut Down" it just switches right off and I lose any unsaved files.

I can't even format my hard drive as when I try to reinstall windows I get as far as booting from cd rom (in bios), it does all its stuff but as soon as the page where it asks me "To Install Windows XP press Enter", the PC switches off. Ive tried this several times and same result at same stage.

Please help!

A:Computer Switches Off

are you sure that the power cables are firmly connected to the pc? and make sure there connected firmly to the wall? how about resetting your memory inside your pc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-switches-off.442837/
Relevancy 72.24%

As the title suggests, my media player switches the cover art around of manually inserted albums. They are manual because the albums in question were not in the database. I have already unchecked "retrieve additional information" and "update
music files by retrieving media info," but did not solve my problem. Being a perfectionist this really bothers me as you can imagine. I hope someone can help me out with this.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b971d289-0861-4677-89f4-bc1b20c8cc22/wmp-switches-album-art-around?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 72.24%

I have had an acer laptop for about months now Everything has off switches Randomly been completely fine apart from one recent problem The computer randomly cuts out it doesnt shut down it just cuts out It cant be a power problem because it would run on the battery it works on the battery fine anyway After it has randomly cut out I reboot it it goes through a windows disk checker thing then finally runs windows I have found that everytime it cuts out on the event monitor on administerative Randomly switches off tools it runs a file bcm sbxp I have searched for this file on the net and I is apparently a driver Randomly switches off that is for my network card but virus can hide behind it It should only appear in windows system drivers which it did but also in windows lan I deleted the windows lan one but that hasnt made a difference I have found that it doesnt happen if I am not using the wired LAN It is very annoying especially when I am doing somthing important and I cant imagine what it is doing to the hard drive It is a hardware or software problem virus of some sort Any ideas anyone Here is a hijackthis log as well Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWNETSUP EXE C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWEEPSRV SYS C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWUPDATE EXE C acer epm epm-dm exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT ICMON EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files acer eRecovery Monitor exe D Degree hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bath ac uk math-sci teaching units s html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Link cid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings AutoConfigURL http www bath ac uk proxy proxy config R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyServer ftp wwwcache bath ac uk gopher wwwcache bath ac uk http wwwcache bath ac uk https www cache bath ac uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyOverride bath ac uk lt local gt O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO IE DOM Explorer - CC E D- AA- b -B - DA A - C Program Files Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar IEDevToolbar dll O - Toolbar amp G... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-switches-off.472611/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I have a Sony Vaio PCV V G which switches off sporadically It does not seem to switch off while in BIOS mode I suspect dubious goings on Computer Off..... Switches so include a Hijack Report I would be very grateful for someone to comment Thanks Mike Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Computer Switches Off..... Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Computer Switches Off..... Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON GHOSTS EXE C Program Files sony giga pocket shwserv exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Computer Switches Off..... Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System snmp exe C Program Files SolidNetWork License Manager lmgrd exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C Program Files Sony vaio media music server SSSvr exe C Program Files sony photo server appsrv PhotoAppSrv exe C Program Files Sony giga pocket GPVSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Common Files sony shared vaio media platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Common Files sony shared vaio media platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Common Files sony shared vaio media platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Common Files sony shared vaio media platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared vaio media platform sv httpd exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared vaio media platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Sony giga pocket RM SV exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C Program Files Wireless Desktop LgWDskTp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files drag n drop cd dvd BinFiles DragDrop exe C program files belkin u-storage tools ustorage exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard hp business inkjet series Toolbox HPWNTBX exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageWorkstation TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Sony usbsircs USBsircs exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Action Setup VAServ exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www multimap com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www club-vaio sony-europe com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run HKSERV EXE C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe O - HKLM Run LgWDskTp C Program Files Wireless Desktop LgWDskTp exe O - HKLM Run Logite... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-switches-off.468305/
Relevancy 72.24%

hi I m posting the HJL of another PC of mine off it switches again..... switch on and I it which seems pretty full of malicious things I ve done a couple of online virus scans and it took away most of bad things The only weird thing is that when I switch off the pc it turns on again what could it be thanx Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe I switch it off and it switches on again..... C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmi AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Programmi AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Programmi I switch it off and it switches on again..... File comuni I switch it off and it switches on again..... EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Programmi Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ATK Hcontrol exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Programmi ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Progra ASUS Power Gear BatteryLife exe C WINDOWS System sistray EXE C WINDOWS System khooker exe C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Programmi AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Programmi Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS ATK ATKOSD exe C Programmi Asus Asus ChkMail ChkMail exe C Programmi Asus ASUS Hotkey Hotkey exe C Programmi Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Programmi WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Programmi Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Programmi EdiSoftware gestionale Bin ESServer exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Programmi Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gruppompb com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www asus com tw R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Collegamenti O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programmi Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IE Agent - CC A F - B - FF- CB -D F F - no file O - BHO Labspak - FAFC FDD-D E - - D-F F D E - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Hcontrol C WINDOWS ATK Hcontrol exe O - HKLM Run ASUS Live Update C Programmi ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe O - HKLM Run Power Gear C Progra ASUS Power Gear BatteryLife exe O - HKLM Run SiS Tray C WINDOWS System sistray EXE O - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS System khooker exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Programmi AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Programmi Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup ASUS ChkMail lnk C Programmi Asus Asus ChkMail ChkMail exe O - Global Startup Hotkey lnk C Programmi Asus ASUS Hotkey Hotkey exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Programmi Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Programmi Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Programmi WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Global Startup Service Manager lnk C Programmi Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe O - Global Startup Server Application lnk C Programmi EdiSoftware gestionale Bin ESServer exe O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www asus com tw O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C A -CE D- A -BA -F CAD FEFB NameServer O - Service AntiVir Scheduler AntiVirScheduler - H BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C Programmi AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe O - Service AntiVi... Read more

Relevancy 72.24%

hi My pc performs some weird actions like switching this switches off log..... pc hijack off all of a sudden and in general it is slower than usual I already did on line virus scans ad-aware spybot CWS and so on This is my hijacklog does it look good thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAMMI AVPERSONAL AVGCTRL EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C PROGRAMMI ZONE LABS ZONEALARM ZONEALARM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE hijack this log..... pc switches off C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C PROGRAMMI INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE hijack this log..... pc switches off C PROGRAMMI EMULE EMULE EXE C PROGRAMMI LAVASOFT AD-AWARE AD-AWARE EXE hijack this log..... pc switches off C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAMMI WINRAR WINRAR EXE C WINDOWS TEMP RAR EX HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mailgate supereva it R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c WINDOWS SYSTEM OOBE BLANK HTM R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title there s a starman waiting in the sky O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL disabled by BHODemon O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c programmi google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c programmi google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Internet Anonym - - - - - - c programmi steganos internet anonym pro siaiep dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run AVGCtrl quot C PROGRA AVPERS AVGCTRL EXE quot min O - HKLM Run CriticalUpdate C WINDOWS SYSTEM wucrtupd exe -startup O - HKLM Run AdslTaskBar rundll exe stmctrl dll TaskBar O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - Global Startup ZoneAlarm lnk C Programmi Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe O - Global Startup Reset lnk C WINDOWS repair reset bat O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C PROGRAMMI GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C PROGRAMMI GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C PROGRAMMI GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C PROGRAMMI GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res C PROGRAMMI GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmtrans html O - Extra button ICQ Pro - f -cba - -b - cb cd - C Programmi ICQ ICQ exe O - Extra Tools menuitem ICQ - f -cba - -b - cb cd - C Programmi ICQ ICQ exe O - DPF C FCEF -ACE - D -BEBD- AA B AE Symantec RuFSI Registry Information Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent common bin cabsa cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF A - C- E - B- D EC D CRAVOnline Object - http www ravantivirus com scan ravonline cab O - DPF B BFD- E - -B AF- A B EA WScanCtl Class - http www ca com securityadvisor virusinfo webscan cab O - HKLM System CCS Services VxD MSTCP Domain cyb it O - HKLM System CCS Services VxD MSTCP NameServer nbsp

A:hijack this log..... pc switches off

Run hijackthis again and put a checkmark against these entries....double check
in case you miss anything....
.....then,close all browser and outlook windows including this one and "fix checked"

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OOBE\BLANK.HTM
O4 - Global Startup: Reset.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\repair\reset.bat

See how it goes after.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijack-this-log-pc-switches-off.294620/
Relevancy 72.24%

this is really getting to me ok first here s the pc spec time make amd k every thing on board apart from modem and memory meg gig fugitsu atapi h d windows se now the problem the pc had slowed down conciderably over the last few months so i tided it up usua l way cleared my desk top set my own vitual memory to i switches pc off switch on it when to set up as network server switched off active desktop empted all pc switches off when i switch it on temp internet folders history ect pc worked brilliantly then i tried to install norton utillities norton came back with need to up date system settings then it rebooted my pc but my pc never came back on it shut down completly eventualy i switched it off at the mains and back on again it stayed on for about seconds and switched it s self off again it does this each time i try to start it about every ith atempt it powers up completly i check the whole system and theres nothing wrong when i switch off it starts its shut down tricks again has norton messed my power management up or is my power supply had it i would be forever in your debt if you can solve this for me as i am currently using a freinds pc thanks for taking the time to read this nbsp

A:pc switches off when i switch it on

ceramics
Are you able to power up into safe mode? Keep tapping f8 key after post and select safemode and hit enter.
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-switches-off-when-i-switch-it-on.52836/
Relevancy 72.24%

hi,
we want to indent 3 com 48 port gigabit ethernet port switches (generic requirement) which should be l2 and should be economical and should support following features minimum :
1) telnet and ssh and web view support
2) LAG (link aggregation protocol support)
3) VLAN and advanced configuration support

It should be economical and shold have maximum features supported including above 3 must featues.

kindly suggest some model..

-akshar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-com-switches-issue.947400/
Relevancy 72.24%

i've had this packard bell laptop for a couple of years, but recently i've noticed it switches itself after pre-longed use of the cpu e.g. scanning for virus's, basically anytime the cpu runs at 100% for a little while...overheating it, it seems.

does anyone have any ideas how i can stop this? maybe 'under' clocking it? its a 2.80 Celeron

A:laptop switches itself off...

Is the fan spinning on the back? Does the bios have a temp setting you can check?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-switches-itself-off.446183/
Relevancy 71.38%

As of the first of Oct. Asus dropped Nvidia and is going with ATI. The various benches around the Internet sites show the new 9600XT to be (maybe) a little better than the 9600 Pro but the Pro is a better buy. The 9500 Pro is still a better card than either one but not as cheap as the 9600XT($199). Asus link:

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/radeon/asus-ati.html

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,
I have a laptop which is relatively new ( maybe one year old ) and recently and without any warning whatsoever it switched off completely. I havent lost any data yet but I'm worried that I will very soon. It has been happening almost once a day now. Any ideas as to what the problem could be??

Regards

Chris

A:Laptop switches off unexpectedly

Some things to check.
1 Your temps. Check your temps in the bios and post.
2 Does it do this in safe mode?
3 Does it do this when running on AC pw; both with battery installed and pulled?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-switches-off-unexpectedly.633664/
Relevancy 71.38%

Um, I have an old motherboard with a 9prong power switch thingy...
But I don't know where the ones on my new case go.... Help please?

A:Case Power switches

You have to look closely. Good light and a magnifying glass help. Where the case wires go is actually printed on the motherboard in very small print. Look at the base of the pins in you picture although I'm not 100% sure you're in the right spot. Is it where the old case wires were?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/case-power-switches.283024/