Windows Support Forum

WLAN Connection disconnects

Q: WLAN Connection disconnects

I have three computers in the same network.
One with wired ethernet, (notebook) with 802.11g, desktop with 802.11g. I have a WRT54G linksys router.
The laptop seems to "forget" its settings, and i have to reset, renew, and enable etc..... each time it starts up. It is running windows ME. Recently, both PCs on the WLAN reported "Not able to associate with access point". I did a hard reset on the cable modem and router. The laptop reported "connected to access point, but internet access could not be found", but the internet did work. On the other PC, i noticed that the laptop would only work if the PC had an automatically configured IP address. Now, finally after a lot of guesswork, and a lot of time, both PCs work. But I am sure after I restart the laptop, it will lose connection again...
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WLAN Connection disconnects

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 64.5%

I had a post below which was a different problems with not connecting to the internet at all. My problem is my WLAN just disconnects at random times after that I have to hit connect several times and it well eventually reconnect.

I would like to also point out that my brothers laptop does not have any problems with the router.

windows 7 HP 64bit

wireless card
ATHEROS AR9285 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter driver version 8.0.0.316

Router
NETGEAR WNDR3400 Firmaware Version V1.0.0.38_16.0.48

A:Constant WLAN Disconnects

Are you running any bittorrent or p2p software?
My experience is many wireless routers don't like the massive number of simultaneous connections they make and will result int he type of behavior you are talking about.

If this is the case setting the client to use fewer connections may fix it.
This could also be a firewall issue since it's not affecting other machines on the network.
Kind of stabbing in the dark here as I don't know much specific about your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/165884-constant-wlan-disconnects.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I m having a near identical problem Perfect connectivity to Network amp Internet via LAN Ethernet Perfect connectivity to Network Including ALL Hardware Router Switch Printer NAS other NO WLAN but Connection, WLAN Internet computers via WLAN both the onboard mini-PCIe card as well as an external USB WiFi Adapter ABSOLUTELY NO INTERNET via WLAN same results for both onboard and external adapters Here s my computer model and some specs Compaq CQ - US Win Ultimate x GB RAM Atheros AR Latest Driver Installed v FireFox IE x amp x Versions I do NOT have ANY Toolbars in my browsers I do have some Add-ins in FireFox which quot could quot affect internet connectivity but WLAN Connection, but NO WLAN Internet I believe they are configured properly and as I ve already stated I have PERFECT Internet connectivity via LAN just NONE via WLAN Besides all of the quot Obvious quot things to try I ve also uninstalled this card amp driver multiple times Allowed Windows to re-install AND forced manual re-installation and installed the driver application from Atheros I ve also performed multiple quot IPConfig release renew quot attempts which have not produced a solution Windows Network Diagnostic gives this result quot Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues quot NOT TRUE but went thru their troubleshooting steps anyway to no avail I m completely stumped as to what s causing this problem and how to remedy it I m fairly convinced that it s a setting problem in Win not the browser or Hardware I ve tried WiFi connectivity to other available Networks and can connect Says quot Connected quot and quot Internet Access quot but am NOT able to browse the internet I ve attached a file with all IPCONFIG Ping Some Router Settings and a short list of pertinent programs Any REAL Help would be greatly appreciated REAL help is NOT quot Unplug your modem and then plug it back in quot or anything like that If you re a tech person please review the attached file before advising Thank you very much in advance JSLM nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello For the last month I've been having problems with my computer The main symptomsare - internet connection disconnects every - hours sometimes shorter longer - the download rate dropped from to on a regular basis - the computer gets slow sometimes more than usual and acts weird I've checked the matter with the internet cables and the modem providers - everything is fine and I believe that there's a malicious Trojan inside my computer The thing is that I'm quite an expert and I HAVE tried EVERYTHING on my own but NOTHING works I've tried the steps you recommended I've scanned online with every recommended virus Connection Droped Half, Trojan/spyware Speed - By Plus Unknown Disconnects Connection scanner available I got the AVG anti virus amp anti spyware firewall I scanned witheverything possible They all found minor things but nothing serious Spy Catcher was the onethat catched many things actually I've done many scans in either Normal or Safe modes andnow the results are showing that it's all cleaned However - the problem is still there I hope you can help me with the following Hijackthis log Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware file If nothing helps I guess the next step will be probably just to format and reinstall windows something that happens on a rather regular basis on my computer I'd appreciate any useful comment Thanks Liaf HERE'S MY LOG FILE Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunThreatEngine exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer SunProtectionServer exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files SpyCatcher Scheduler daemon exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeE BitLord BitLord exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgwa datC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - A C D- CED- A - D-DAE A FD - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run ASM quot C Program Files AOL Active Security Monitor ASMonitor exe quot HIDEMAINO - HKLM Run SunServer C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Pr... Read more

A:Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware

Hi again,

Please reply asap, even if you don't know what it is - I need to know if it's something
that can't be fixed so that I'll reinstall windows.
HELP!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75349/connection-speed-droped-by-half-plus-connection-disconnects-unknown-trojanspyware/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I have connection can but 13 see WLAN XPS 5.0GHz 2.3GHz connection cannot Dell see a TP-Link WDR Wireless Dual Gigabite Router also known as the N nbsp I recently changed the settings on the router so that it was broadcasting networks Dell XPS 13 cannot see 2.3GHz WLAN connection but can see 5.0GHz connection one at GHz and one at GHz They have different SSIDs so that I can tell them apart Everything seemed to be Dell XPS 13 cannot see 2.3GHz WLAN connection but can see 5.0GHz connection fine and Dell XPS 13 cannot see 2.3GHz WLAN connection but can see 5.0GHz connection I could detect both networks on my laptop this was perhaps - days ago Today I was doing work in a part of the house which is furthest from the router Since I was connected to the GHz network I thought it s probably because the GHz band doesn t have as wide of a range so I tried to switch to the GHz network only it doesn t show up on the list of available networks The strange thing is my phone and ipad can see both networks just fine and my laptop could too originally Now it s just my laptop that can t seem to see it I tried googling about it but everyone else seems to have the opposite problem than mine ie their laptop can see the GHz network but not the one I ve tried moving my laptop closer to the router but it still doesn t see the GHz network disconnecting and then quot forgetting quot the GHz network rebooting the router and my laptop disabling and enabling the driver for the network adapter all no dice Since I ll probably have to do more work in the room that s farthest from the router I really need to be able to connect to the GHz network I want my laptop to be connected to both of them so I can use the GHz one when I m closer to the router Can anyone help me Potentially Relevant info - Windows - Network Adapter is listed in Device Manager as quot Broadcom ac quot

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994346
Relevancy 52.46%

I have recently lost internet connection after Upgraded my vista to serivce Pack 2. Except that my laptop gives me msg: exception Message-Acer system is not recognize. I have feeling that those two problem are connected.
the msg in relation with net connection: Windows could not start the wlan autoconfig sevice on local computer. Error: 0x80040154. So I type in command prompt ipoconfig/all and after pressing enter it says:
Wireless Lan adapeter wirless Network connection:
Media state: media disconnected
Connection specific NDS Suffix: Belkin
Physical Address 00-1E-4C-51-3C-88
DHCP Enabled yes
autoconfiguration anabled yes
Tunnel adapter Local Ara Connection
Media state: media disconnected
connection specific dns suffix
description isatatp. Belkin
Physical address: 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0
DNCP enabled No
autoconfiguration enabled Yes
Tunnel adapter local area connection
Media State Media disconnected
Description Reredo Tunnelig Pseudo- Interface
DHCP enabled
Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

anyone know how to fix my net connection??? Please help

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/267901-wlan-connection.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Sony Vaio model number vgn fe77Og. I'm running XT operating system and have had very few problems. But now my slam connection doesn't seem to be working or works very hit and miss. It usually connects to my home wireless and my Mobile modem but in the last week nothing. Is there something I can do to get my wireless working again?

A:wlan connection

can we see the following
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-connection.1021954/
Relevancy 51.6%

hey guys, like the title says, i keep losing my connection every 4-6 hrs. here's a list of devices:

*Desktop p4
*DSL Modem
*linksys wireless router WRT54GX. B/G
*laptop dell latitude with built-in Wi-fi.

Setup: i have DSL connected directly to router, Router To PC, and Laptop to wireless lan. Router is configured to use DHCP, it is broadcasting the ssid, i have my wep setup. the router is sitting almost on top of the Desktop monitor. I ask, is it better if i setup an Static IP or DHCP is better? Its really annoying losing your connection specially when you're in the middle of something. HELP!!!

Relevancy 51.6%

I have successfully set-up a wireless network between a fixed PC (XP) and laptop (Win 200) using WPA-PSK encryption.
I am trying to set-up a second laptop (running XP) but am only successful if I turn encryption off.
Enabling encryption causes the laptop to enter a never ending loop of identifying the network but never being able to obtain a network address.
I have stopped the Win XP service from automatically configuring my wireless network as well as trying to use Fixed IP addresses.
I am using a D-Link DSL-G604T router and DWL-G122 USB Adapter. Signal strength is excellent.
Anyone have any other ideas as I really would like to secure my network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-dropping-connection.385746/
Relevancy 51.6%

I want to create the WLAN enviroment to play multiplayer games. Two of my laptops, One has XP(SP2) and another one has Vista Home premium. Please give the step by step procedures so that i can create the WLAN enviroment between the two laptops of my own successfully.

A:WLAN connection between XP and Vista

Define an ad-hoc wireless network on one PC.

Define the same ad-hoc wireless network on the other PC.

Decide whether you want the PCs to be assigned AutoConfig IP addresses or whether to assign static IPs. If the latter, do it.

Configure firewalls to allow the desired access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-connection-between-xp-and-vista.728126/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have this problem with a wireless connection. I have two HP Pavillion Nvidia nForce networking contollers. There is also a D-Link Router with 802.11g/2.4ghz. Under the Available Wireless Connections there are different connections. They have different wierd names with like a combinations of numbers and letters. There is also a NETGEAR connection. I'm just trying to figure out which one is mine, and which one are the neighbors, and I'm trying to find the password for it, or maybe make a new connection that is connected to that router.

A:wlan connection problem

Configure your router's SSID to be a unique string that you'll recognize, then you'll know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-connection-problem.596201/
Relevancy 51.6%

i have a wireless USB adapter which i bought on ebay a while ago i had it working but then upgraded my PC and well now it isnt ive tried to look for it on the internet but nobody seems to have heard of it on the box it says AIRVAST WN- Mini-USB Adapter i have looked for new drivers etc but found none i have installed the drivers from the problems WLAN connection CD and i got a box that sayid something about the windows HCL i clicked continue anyway anyway the problem is it is recognized in the device manager which says it it quot working fine quot when the bubble pops up asking which network to connect to i have WLAN connection problems to tick a box that says connect to this network even though it is not secure but when i tick the box the connect button gets faded out and i cant click on it help there is probably a very simple explanation for this WLAN connection problems but i am a bit of a novice at this sort of thing nbsp

A:WLAN connection problems

Its ok i have sorted the problem, i found a backup file with some better drivers for it that i didnt realise existed, let alone i had.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wlan-connection-problems.13404/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all As the and issues connection LAN WLAN title says I m having issues connecting to the LAN and to the WLAN We have a Motorola SB Surfboard Cable Modem and a Linksys router not sure what model The family just recently got LAN and WLAN connection issues an Xbox and of course we set it up for Live right away Anyway while my brother was playing CoD I was on the wireless on my laptop Dell Inspiron from the router We get randomly disconnected and can t connect for a few minutes We didn t think anything of it we re used to battling for bandwidth But after that my laptop couldn t pick up the router s wireless signal But the was still able to connect hardwired to the router After a while I try connecting my lapop directly to the modem but I always got quot Unidentified network quot or quot Limited connectivity quot It s also the same when we try to hardwire the main family desktop to the modem However my LAN and WLAN connection issues brother s laptop and the can still connect just fine through the modem Called ISP and all they could say was that the connection was fine but it stopped at the router which I already knew I ve tried all the basic troubleshooting but since I m not too familiar with networking I haven t tried any IP computer settings My dad wants to swap the modem out for a new one tomorrow but I honestly don t believe it has to do with that This problem doesn t make much sense to me so if anyone has any ideas let me know Please and thank you By the way my brother s laptop and the family desktop is XP and my laptop is Vista We ve had no problems previous to getting the nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I am using Asus WL520GU with Teddy Bear Tomato Firmware. My main rig using Win 7 Ultimate 64bit is wired to this router. Two other PC using XP are wirelessly connected to this router without problem. I have disabled security on my router, but set up Mac restriction to ensure only authorized wireless devices can have access.

The problem is that I have another Win 7 ultimate 64 bit on my HTPC connected to this router through Airlink 101 USB Wireless adapter. The HTPC can see all my other PC's (1 Win 7 and two XP) and the homegroup without problem, but no internet connection whatsoever. I can share libraries with the other PC's. I searched around and it seems that IPV6 could be the issue.

I freshly reinstalled the system last night, still no luck. Only WLAN and homegroup, no internet. I am wondering anybody has any idea what could be the cause? Win 7, or my router setting.

A:Win 7 WLAN, but no internet connection

IPv6 is not really ready for internet use. It is necessary for homegroup, but you will want to have IPv4 enabled.

Look in your router settings and switch to IPv4, and also on your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/76531-win-7-wlan-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I have a phone Nokia E65 and I want to connect it through WLAN to my PC.
Can anyone post a complete guide of how to do it because i really want to make it work.
If someone who has the same phone or knows about that stuff please help me.
And please, as for my previous posts, dont misjudge me. I am 17 and i am learning these stuff.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/161548-nokia-e65-problem-connection-through-wlan.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I just bought a new HP computer (Pavillion dv6000) equiped with a slightly different WLAN
card than my dell. (Dell installed WLAN 1350 WLAN Mi)As before, I am having initial problems connecting. I know it can be fixed because I saw a man I used to work with fix my dell by going to the ms dos prompt and typing in something. Immediately it started receiving wireless signal. I'm just not sure what he did! I'm such an idiot when it comes to wireless.... And I was hoping someone could hook me up with a quick fix. Otherwise, I guess I'll purchase Wireless for Dummies and memorize it. Thanks.

A:Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN connection problems.

If you memorize Wireless for Dummies does that make you Wireless or a Dummy?

If the adapter switched on?
Does it show in Device Manager as "OK"?
In Network Connections does the wireless connection show as 'enabled'?
Do you detect your wireless network?
Exactly what happens when you try to connect?

Have you successfully connected this laptop via ethernet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-802-11b-g-wlan-connection-problems.560636/
Relevancy 51.17%

This looks a case like similar postings under the same title but is not After reinstalling XP on my desk top relevant or not my laptop still automatically acceses the wireless modem router but indeed without internet access My solution so far I first connect to an connection modem but Internet No Wlan other unprotected network then disconnect and surprise after reconnecting with my own network the internet reappears IPconfig dutch let me know where you need translation Windows IP-configuratie Hostnaam ChallengeWorks Primair DNS-achtervoegsel Knooppunttype hybride IP-routering ingeschakeld nee WINS-proxy ingeschakeld nee Ethernet-adapter Bluetooth-netwerkverbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Bluetooth-apparaat Personal Area Network Fysiek adres - - B-FC-F -F DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Adapter voor draadloos LAN Draadloze netwerkverbinding Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Intel R WiFi Link AGN Fysiek adres - -FB- - E- DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Link-local IPv -adres fe c f b cb voorkeur Automatisch geconf IPv -adres voorkeur Subnetmasker Standaardgateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv -client DUID - - - - -CB- - - - - -EA- - D DNS-servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS via TCPIP ingeschakeld Ethernet-adapter LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus Wlan modem connection but No Internet medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec Wlan modem connection but No Internet DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Fysiek adres - - -EA- - D DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving isatap B -AE - - A A-F DC B B br B Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Fysiek adres - - - - E- DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving isatap C B C -FB A- C B-A DC-F D E br CE Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving isatap E A F -A CB- BF -A C-FF B D br AF Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja I have the same problem when the desktop is not on A great many thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All I have been using XP SP in my desktop for last months and since then I was connecting to WLAN my friend set the WLAN then- he s gone for a world tour using NETGEAR USB WLAN Adepter At the begining WLAN was okay Things started to go crazy since our house changed to a new internet provider weeks back When the new connection was given- one guy came in to install the modem it was offered free of cost and my landlord took Re-installing connection SP3 WLAN problem after XP the opportunity While he was installing- he wanted to view some of the machines to see whether the internet was working At first he could not connect to internet using my machine- it showed that it is connecting- but nothing happened- it could not connect to WLAN Then he changed some configurations s in my PC I went to next to the main modem that time When I returned just in seconds I found him working with my PC- and he said that - he changed quot encryption quot and now it s working fine It was working pretty well since then But last night I had to re-install a fresh copy of XP SP After re-installing I can not connect to the WLAN using my USB card I can connect through LAN wire though While using WLAN adpter I WLAN connection problem after Re-installing XP SP3 can find my network- but I just can t connect to it It tries to connect for some time and then it stops Any help would be greatly appreciated Hashmi P S before posting I read some of similer the problems in the forum- but as none of them addressed my problem directly- I am putting this question In case of repeating question- my apologies nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

In the last month or so I've begun having intermittent loss of connection within my home WLAN Wireless is HP Laptop w HP and wired is Dell desktop w HP Even with both machines awake they can't quot see quot each other This network has been up for years and has been fine on since my upgrade in Oct I've discovered now that if I go to the Dell and check the network settings it says its a 'home' network but when i click through to the change screen the 'public' box seems highlighted If I then click on quot home quot essentially reassigning the network type everything reconnects and the network visibility is restored Also perhaps a separate issue I've been losing internet connection frequently This happened rarely in the past when a simple modem restart sufficed But now the only thing that works is disconnecting the actual coax from the modem as well as power cycling Could this be related to Windows in connection internet WLAN Losing and/or any way The modem is a common Motorola surfboard only about - years old Any thoughts

A:Losing internet connection and/or WLAN

An easy first step is to try changing channels on your wireless. If everything has been fine up until now and you haven't made any changes, it could be just plain old interference.

If you can take a look and see what channels are being used around you that would help. Most people let the wireless router use the defaults. If you've done that as well there's probably a boatload of people around you on the same channel and that can and will cause the kind of problem you have.

If that doesn't work we can dig a bit deeper.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/62451-losing-internet-connection-wlan.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently received a HP notebook 110 which has a WLAN setup ( I believe this is WiFi). At home I use an older computer, a HP a1000n Pavillion with a 56k internal modem and MSN dialup. Is it possible to set up a WiFi station so I can my notebook can access the Internet? I am posting this here because the notebook using Windows 7, though my Pavilion uses XP. If this is the wrong area, please let me know and I will be move to the correct area.

For anybody who wishes to reply, the answers must be complete and with a minimum of jargon so I will be able to understand them. Thanking anyone with helpful information in advance.

Robert Toscani

A:How to set up a WLAN station using dial up connection

In order to do that, you would have to purchase a wireless router and hook it to your internet modem. Can`t you just hook the notebook to your modem with an ethernet cable ? ( no ethernet port ? )The same way you have your pc connected to it ? You won`t be able to use both at the same time but you will be able to get on the internet.

Call your Internet Service Provider, maybe they have a wireless modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/265388-how-set-up-wlan-station-using-dial-up-connection.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This has been going on for about a year now. I have no trouble connecting to my wireless internet at home, but when i do, my housemates all get booted and have to sign back on. Wouldn't be a big deal if they weren't so into Warcraft.

John

Relevancy 50.74%

i have a bufflo router whr-G300N that i bought atleast 2 yrs ago maybe longer. it was working fine until i had a dns error a couple of weeks ago. I dont have that error anymore but now im geting disconted from my ps3,3ds an other systems how can i fix this problem. also how can i get the WEP setting back right now im on the WPA-PSK setting which is not working to well. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wifi-connection-disconnects.1006821/
Relevancy 50.74%

I m on an HP Pavilion laptop and access the internet using a Linksys wireless router Once a day the connection disconnects for about minutes or until I reboot my router Also using the same router at a friend s home a three-floor house I m able to connect Wireless connection disconnects to the router from the ground floor but it disconnects regularly My friend who s on a Dell Inspiron never gets isconnected I ve provided my HiJack this log in case there s anything apparent that can be seen Also if there are any ther problems with my og I d appreciate having them pointed out to me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft Wireless connection disconnects AVGFRE avgamsvr exe Wireless connection disconnects C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System Fast exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system ssoftsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME ERA LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe tray O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run BootSkin Startup Jobs quot C PROGRA Stardock WINCUS BootSkin BootSkin exe quot StartupJobs O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run NCLaunch C WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup TabUserW exe lnk C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - ... Read more

A:Wireless connection disconnects

I do not see anything that sticks out from the HiJackThis log.

I see this problem often. There seems to be many causes for this. I know that often Linksys routers will overheat--my advice is to make sure it isn't on top of your modem or anything that might provide excess heat.

Further, I would be most interested in the wireless network card. Have you made sure you have updates for it?

Also, have you tried running something like an streaming-audio player (i.e., iTunes) on some internet radio show to see if it keeps the connection active. Another idea would (if you have a Wireless G [WRT54G] router) be to turn on the logging feature to see when the connection drops and why.

Most likely, it will be something with the network card. But, there are other settings on those Linksys routers (like Beacon Interval) that can be modified to get it to work...

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-disconnects.394392/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am running Vista on my new HP tablet. For some unknown reason it disconnects about 3-4 times a day. Then informs me there are "no wireless connections available". I have to reboot for it to find the connection again. Seems to be worse when using Skype. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wi-fi-connection-disconnects-for-no-reason.650653/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a desktop in the basement of my house and we use a wireless internet connection. It worked fine forever, but then one night the power went out and now it disconnects all the time. I have no idea about computers what so ever. I know we have a modem that connects to a router and then theres little thing by the computer with 2 lights on it and when the lights go out the internet shuts off, it says d-link on that thing. And the computer is a dell. But I have no clue where to begin so if someone could give me some advice in like baby computer talk that'd be greatly appriciated

Relevancy 50.74%

So i recently got Dell XPS 9530 with windows 8.1. The problem is that whenever I plug in my Android device (I have tried Sony Xperia, HTC One M8, Samsung S6) it keeps disconnecting. The problem exist with BlackBerry Classic, Passport and even Z10.

The problem persists even with harddisks though the connection drop doesn't happen that frequently but it happens.

I have tried updating my drivers, different cables and what not, but the connection isn't consistent. I have got my laptop's motherboard replaced twice, got my laptop replaced once and the problem is still there.

Anyways, If you guys have any thoughts or been there done that then let me know.

Appreciate your help.

A:USB connection continuously disconnects

Welcome to TSF!

Does the disconnect happen even when the devices are plugged directly into a laptop USB port?

Does the same problem occur when running in Safe mode?

What about in Safe mode with networking?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/usb-connection-continuously-disconnects-1002114.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I am having a problem that when I connect to a VPN for work it disconnects my internet connection and I need to reboot the machine to the internet back again. I have tired to create a new VPN but the same thing happens, anyone out there that can help

A:VPN disconnects internet connection

You should probably contact helpdesk at work and get them to check your settings first. VPN connections are relatively complex, especially if you're using a non-default VPN client (something not built into Vista by default).

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220214-vpn-disconnects-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Since yesterday but apperently weeks i am having problems with my LAN My quot network quot -icon shows that my LAN has limited connection yellow triangle exclamation mark on it LAN related things - this problem started to occur about a week or two but it was always for a very short period Only yesterday i got DC at and it kept that way whole day Today in the morning i could use LAN only for hour - WLAN is working Either i turn LAN or WLAN or both at the same time WLAN always works and sees all networks in area and is able to connect to all of them - my cable router and modem is working I tried to connect it with other PC and it figured out IP automatically and connection 'limited working 100%) (WLAN LAN problems worked as normal my notebook can see it in wireless networks - I tried using other router and internet provider but it didnt work aswell It router worked with other PC - LAN port s diods non-stop green yellow is turning on and off each sec - it started to work always LAN 'limited connection problems (WLAN working 100%) after i shutted off my notebook for min BUT it also turned on randomly for few LAN 'limited connection problems (WLAN working 100%) min after few LAN 'limited connection problems (WLAN working 100%) hours of work - my PC started to shut down randomly but always after few hours of work weeks ago Or it just froze alt F alt del ctrl Esc didnt work That s when i installed professional antivirus panda which detected viruses Downloader MDW Vilsel Y CI A Generic Trojan Scan was on may Shutdowns started few days before scan but LAN-problems happened after scan - on may i had Windows update all Office parts I couldnt install them before apperently due to virus Update problems started on march month after my previous antivirus Norton Internet Security expired - strangly enough firefox shutdowns started to occur aswell Actions i already performed - resetted replugged router - checked cabels - turned on off LAN adapter - reinstalled LAN Nvidia drivers Updated all other s although they all dated back form - scanned notebook with Panda payed version Norton online and Kaspersky online All is clean except few cookies Notebook specs - Acer - Windows Vista Home Premium bit Service Pack Legal - GB RAM GB active - GB harddrive It s splited into drives each GB st is full nd full - m gs Nvidia video card P S I haven t got any single error problem reboot of my notebook until weeks ago bought on may --------- IPCONFIG all -------- sorry it s french i cannot change to any other language - available in Enterprise Ultimate only Microsoft Windows version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Tous droits r serv s C Users Herewego gt ipconfig all Configuration IP de Windows Nom de l h te PC-de-herewego Suffixe DNS principal Type de noeud Hybride Routage IP activ Non Proxy WINS activ Non Liste de recherche du suffixe DNS lan Carte Ethernet Connexion au r seau local Suffixe DNS propre la connexion Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Adresse physique - - A- -CB-BA DHCP activ Oui Configuration automatique activ e Oui Adresse IPv de liaison locale fe e a e bda pr f r Adresse d autoconfiguration IPv pr f r Masque de sous-r seau Passerelle par d faut IAID DHCPv DUID de client DHCPv - - - - - D- B- C- - - A- -CB -BA Serveurs DNS fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS sur Tcpip Activ Carte r seau sans fil Connexion r seau sans fil Suffixe DNS propre la connexion lan Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Adresse physique - - B- -AB-D DHCP activ Oui Configuration automatique activ e Oui Adresse IPv de liaison locale fe c fa a a pr f r Adresse IPv pr f r Masque de sous-r seau Bail obtenu woensdag mei Bail expirant donderdag mei Passerelle par d faut Serveur DHCP IAID DHCPv DUID de client DHCPv - - - - - D- B- C- - - A- -CB -BA Serveurs DNS NetBIOS sur Tcpip Activ Carte Tunnel Connexion au r seau local Statut du m dia M dia d connect Suffixe DNS propre la connexion Description isatap A D -DE F- B - A-E DB br F BCF B Adress... Read more

A:LAN 'limited connection problems (WLAN working 100%)

Hi:You do show a good wireless connection,and a lan connection that is not receiving ip addresses from the modem/ router
Two things:
Try a stack repair:
Stack repair for XP and Vista.
Courtesy of Johnwill of the Networking forum.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.
the machine.
Then let's see status of lan adapter.
Let’s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?
And just to be sure,let's check this:
From a Johnwill postConfigure DHCP for Windows Vista.
1. Click on the Start menu, and select Control Panel.
2. Click on Network and Internet. (Skip this step if you do not see this Control Panel item.)
3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
4. Click on Manage network connections.
5. Right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties. If Windows say it needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
6. Select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
7. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
8. Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
9. Click OK to close the TCP/IP Properties window.
10. Click OK to close the Local Area Connection Properties window.
11. Click Close to close the Network Connections window.
12. Click Close to close the Control Panel window.
13. Restart your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-limited-connection-problems-wlan-working-100.925384/
Relevancy 50.74%

Okay, I'm not sure how precise that topic is, so I try to clarify.

I have:
-Desktop pc with Windows XP Pro SP3 with internet connection.
-Vanilla Eee PC 901 (Linux)

I live in a student housing foundation's apartment, and there is a local area network based Internet connection in every apartment. The downside is that we have a restriction of only one MAC-adress allowed per tenant. But anyway for that reason I don't have a router or modem for it's not needed.

What I'd like to do is to have my desktop computer share its internet connection to my laptop with WLAN. Or something like that.

Also, I have no real experience with Unix-like operating systems.

Relevancy 50.74%

I have 135Mbps link speed support ADSL WI-FI router. I have enabled 802.11b+g+n wireless mode and use 20+40 MHz on my router. I use "WAP-PSK" authentication. In addition to that, have a 2.4 & 5 GHz frequency support router and client device.

But my network connection display (WLAN) I have a 54Mbps link speed, why is that? How do I use 135Mbps or at least 100Mbps link speed? Is it a some configuration issue? My Ethernet connection show full speed (100Mbps).

(I'm not talking about my internet connection speed).

A:Help me to use full speed my WiFi connection ( WLAN)

Brand and model of the router and the wifi card or usb thats in your PC might help, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270919-help-me-use-full-speed-my-wifi-connection-wlan.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello!
I have a very instable WLAN connection on my new PC.
The ping is very high and jittering, and sometimes I lose connection completely.
The distance between the router and the PC is about 3.5 meters, with one wall in between.

At first I thought my WLAN-USB connector is broken, so I installed a PCI network adapter,
but the problem still occurs.
Drivers should be up to date.

Mainboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Network adaptor: Asus PCE-n15

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my laptop is next to my PC and has a very fine and stable connection

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Ive recently changed my ADSL plus router since the old when WLAN watching resetting connection videos one died and WLAN connection resetting when watching videos decided to finally upgrade to a wlan one The changeover went fine i set up the router with my adsl specific settings and everything was fine for a few days Then i noticed something strange I normally view videos off my main desktop computer using my laptop and it started to im not sure what reset turn off the wlan connection something The video i would be watching would freeze as if lagging and when exiting fullscreen it would give you the message on the bottom right corner that the wlan connection was active as if it had just only now joined it My WLAN is set up protected using WAP and AES WPA key encryption Fragmentation threshold is at RTS threshold is at DTIM interval is at and Beacon interval is at QoS is enabled To be honest Ive only the dimmest idea of what these mean other than QoS as my experience with WLAN is limited Ive tried to see if the problem would be with the media player i was using media player classic but the exact same problem occurs with Windows Media Player Most of the time it seems to repeat every to minutes My router is a TP-link td-w g model m wireless adsl plus router and the laptop im having trouble with is a IBM thinkpad t type using windows XP professional SP fully updated Thank you for any help you could provide for this connection reset only occurs while watching videos i can browse the internet fine and even watch streaming videos fine but for some reason it acts this way P S If theres a thread like this one already I apologize i tried finding one but didnt have luck nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

HI I was just configuring my router settings well really all I did was change the LAN TCP IP Setup - IP Address from back to and now on my PC I am having a great deal of Solved: - DHCP Problems Connection TCP/IP WLAN - trouble mind you everything else in the house still work perfectly fine wireless and wired Router Netgear WGR v Wireless Network Card D-LINK DWL-G REV C Reinstalled -Update with Solved: TCP/IP - DHCP - WLAN Connection Problems error quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it quot Network Status Unidentified Network No network access Skynet Limited access Windows Network Diagnostics Seems to disconnect the device when going through it s procedures Ends with the Problems found saying quot Wireless Network Connection quot doesn t have a valid IP Configuration Not Fixed -------------------------------- I ran a few things in cmd -reset TCP IP with netsh -netsh dump -netsh winsock reset ----and a few others I think All ipconfig commands Solved: TCP/IP - DHCP - WLAN Connection Problems except ipconfig all do not work states No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has it s media disconnected quot It cannot contact my DHCP server I Have given permissions to DHCP through navigation via HKey Local Machine System CurrentControlSet Services DHCP etc Reinstalled TCP IP this is what my ipconfig all displays of my WLAN Wireless LAN adapter Network connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Link-local IPv Address fe ef a a ee Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway --------------------------------------------- I need some further help as I am completely stumped and have no idea what to do now and all this of simply changing my routers IP Adress back to it s original state I am completely baffled Thanks in advanced I really do appreciate all the help I can get I have so much work that needs to be done and I require my internet back and running on this PC for my emails and other things Kind Regards Astro P S If I haven t covered something you want to know ask away nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

This only started about 2 weeks ago- my internet connection used to be very fast. It is wireless and shares with 2 other computers. I noticed this when it started taking about 5 minutes for me to connect to Starcraft 2 and then when the internet would have to reconnect to my network. What could all of a sudden cause my internet to be so slow?

Relevancy 50.31%

This may be the same issue as "Unable to browse websites, but can still ping." My laptop is new (Vaio - Windows Vista Home Premium) with nothing extra installed on it yet. If I connect to our linksys wirelessly I can then browse for a while, but ultimatly web pages will stop loading (or refreshing). "A while" can be anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours. When the "lockup" occurs the diagnostics cant find anything particularly wrong. Everything looks normal in the "Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network and Sharing Center." If I wait in this state long enough the router <-> internet link eventually "breaks." Either way (wait or not) if I disconnect and reconnect to the network I am up and running again ... for 10 minutes to 3 hours. Reconnecting once per evening is a minor irritation. Every 10 minutes is unusable.

Any thoughs

A:wireless connection (sort of) disconnects

This might be out on a limb here....need to know a little more about your network configuration. My initial suggestion would be to connect your pc with a cable to the router and perform windows updates. Originally I've found network related issues with Vista and after a few updates the problems were resolved.
And I'm sorry...I don't run a vista machine...I've worked on plenty...but I couldn't tell you from the top of my head where the windows update feature is located...maybe start icon...all programs still...
But try the updates and repost with your network configuration...it would be helpful...
Numer of PC's
Internet Provider
Router Model

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-sort-of-disconnects.842755/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 that's about 6 years old and recently I have been experiencing a problem where my internet connection will randomly disconnect. It almost always can be brought back by unplugging and reconnecting the ethernet cable in the back of my computer, or by unplugging it from the wall and reconnecting it. (Since my computer is on the second floor and the router and the modem are on the 1st floor, we run the cable from the router through the wall and to the 2nd floor). It also can be resolved by resetting the modem and router.

Anyway, I have had this problem a few times before, but they seemed to just go away, but it has resurfaced once again. Does anybody have any ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 50.31%

Whenever I attempt to download anything to my laptop i e software patches ipod updates music YouTube videos other types of videos etc my wireless connection disconnects Eventually my computer will reconnect to the internet I ve successfully downloaded those same things to my other laptop and to my ipod I m sorry that this description is not that detailed but I m not really sure what is going on TIA DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Disconnects Connection Wireless Unintentionally Run by Anthony at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Wireless Connection Disconnects Unintentionally - Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center connect exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinSetup exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by MSN amp Bing uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO d e b - ce- b-be b-a b e - c progra search SEARCH DLL BHO - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll TB F BE - C B- - C-CDCB CD A - No File TB AIM Search d a b-d b- d - a - ee f c - c program files aim toolbar AIMBar dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File EB amp Discuss bdeade f-c - d -bced- a c ab f - shdocvw dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings anthony local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun PCTVOICE pctspk exe mRun Apoint c program files apoint Apoint exe mRun DVDSentry c windows system DSentry exe mRun AdaptecDirectCD quot c program files roxio easy cd creator directcd DirectCD exe quot mRun DwlClient c program files common files dell eusw Support exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun Dell QuickSet c program files dell quickset Quickset exe mRun ZCfgSvc exe c windows system ZCfgSvc exe mRun PRONoMgr exe c program files intel ncs proset PRONoMgr exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun MSKDetectorExe c program files mcafee spamkiller MSKDetct exe uninstall mRun InstaLAN quot c program files belkin router setup and monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe quot startup mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelp... Read more

A:Wireless Connection Disconnects Unintentionally

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDo not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please post the logs and let me know if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423393/wireless-connection-disconnects-unintentionally/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have Vista home premium on my desktop PC and connect to a D-Link DSL-G604T modem router using a Linksys wireless-g PCI adapter. Some of the time, the PC will connect to the network but if it does, it usually drops out after 5 minutes and then I can't connect again. I get many different error messages each time:

Your modem or router is not available
Cannot communicate with DNS server (10.1.1.1)
There might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer
Windows has confirmed that this computer is currently experiencing a network connectivity problem
Connection Interupted
There has been an IP address conflict

My laptop can connect to to the modem fine and doesn't drop out when connected and there connection strength is very good from my desktop when it is connected.

Thanks in advance,
Kieren

A:Wireless connection on desktop PC always disconnects

Hello kieren1992,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

I would suggest you re-install the driver for your wireless adapter.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/277902-wireless-connection-desktop-pc-always-disconnects.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I own a notebook.
i have this problem that my wifi connection just disconnects shows a small X on the down right side.
just like that randomly.
and it wont reconnect, only when i restart my computer it works again.
it happens like 10 minutes after i boot my PC.
what can i do to prevent it ?
tried formatting already

A:Wi-Fi connection just randomly disconnects on my netbook

Try changing Wi-Fi channel on your router homepage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200842-wi-fi-connection-just-randomly-disconnects-my-netbook.html
Relevancy 50.31%

The last few weeks, if I am reading an article on yahoo that takes longer than two minutes, or click to read e-mail, then try to click back to Yahoo, or any of my favorites, the computer takes no action after it says "connecting to whatever" and locks up. Trying to go elsewhere, nothing will appear on the page but the "connecting to" at the bottom. Usually a restart is the only thing that will get it functioning again.Before this started, I made the mistake of trying IE 8. It slowed the computer to a crawl, so I removed it using Revo, and reinstalled the previous one, which seems to work except for this disconnect.
Windows home premium
Gateway gt 5438 computer
Intel Core Duo process E4300
Memory Dual channel 2048 MB DDR2
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Nosmiley

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233567/internet-connection-locks-up-or-disconnects/
Relevancy 50.31%

PC, DSL broadband connection disconnects only when I shut down the pc. I have to go to Network & Sharing, change adapter settings with each start up. And yes, there is a little circle with a green check mark in it. WAN Minipost (PPOE)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-disconnects-when-shut-down.1002639/
Relevancy 50.31%

Basically I've been having some issues with my internet connection, which strangely seem to occur when I'm viewing YouTube videos.

Each time I watch a video it works fine for a few minutes, then suddenly my internet connection drops. The status on my laptop still says "Connected" but I'm unable to load any pages, on any browser. The only way I'm able to get my internet connection back is to restart the computer.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3000 @ 1.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2999 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1308 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228472 MB, Free - 148529 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, JV50_MV
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Updated and Enabled

A:YouTube disconnects my Internet Connection

Run ths dns benchmark tool.
https://namebench.googlecode.com/files/namebench-1.3.1-Windows.exe

Untick ipv6
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728869

Remove tunnel adapters from your machine.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728872

Remove AVG
http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

Install Avast.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

Disable un needed start up items then reboot.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/startuplite/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/youtube-disconnects-my-internet-connection.1099259/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi everyone i ve called my cable cable disconnect aol too from my i disconnects connection if provider and if i disconnect from aol my cable connection disconnects too aol and they have been no help so you all are my only hope and i humbly ask for your help i ve had cable internet for about a year used in conjunction with aol vr with no problem able to pop on amp off aol whenever and it never interfered with my open internet explorer sessions or downloads recently i realized that if i sign off aol while i ve been externally downloading a file the download cuts off pages are loading blank a lot and when i mouse over the connectivity icon down by my system clock in the past there s only ever been one connection there now there are two if i disconnect from aol my cable connection disconnects too and sometimes there is the caution symbol the yellow triangle with exclamation point and they are titled quot network quot and that one is a private network and the second is titled quot the internet quot with a number next to it that goes up each time i sign on to aol like quot the internet quot and next time quot the internet quot and this one is a public network the number is up to right now and i m thinking with my luck it s some kind of virus that d k o my computer when it gets to a certain number i don t know if it makes any difference but i wanted to mention i do have an older version of aol and that version is also keeping its own respective number count i dont know if this means anything but i found my way into the network and sharing center and from there i clicked on quot view status quot for the suspect quot the internet quot connection and then clicked quot properties quot and it did show a red x next to quot removed wan miniport atw irda - quot if that matters at all at first i thought it was a virus malware and or like someone was hacking my connection - and avg said i had a trojan but i ve since run several scanners including avast avira malwarebytes and combofix and i ve had a thread open in the malware section but so far we can t find any further evidence of a virus i ve wracked my brain and i think this may have started after i took my laptop on a trip with me and had to connect over someone else s network i called my cable provider and the man on the phone talked to me like i was silly for thinking it could be a problem with the settings and told me to call aol i called aol and the man told me to clear my computer s cookies - and that s it then he says - ta-dahhhhh that there could be a problem with my settings i wanted to talk to people who know about this and not go and mess with things i m sorry i wrote so much thank you to anyone who read through this i hope someone can help me and i m so grateful for the people who give of their time and of themselves to help others like me on this site thank you so much xoxo princi nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Long time with this issue and very frustrated My laptop is a Dell XPS running Windows -bit I just upgraded from Windows hoping that would solve my issue but it did not I even re-imaged my PC and the issue remained so I think it must be hardware related right My problem is that my ethernet connection via the USB gigabit adapter randomly disconnects The only way to re-establish the connection is to reboot When Ethernet 3.0 disconnects connection USB on randomly I reboot it takes about minutes before my login screen appears and I can get back to work I have worked with Dell Premium support and they have not been able to find the cause I have updated all my drivers multiple times I have tried adapters with different chip sets and the issue remains I have tried disconnecting my USB Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects devices and only use the ethernet adapter and the issue remains I have tried disabling suspecting plug-ins and add-ins and can't find anything that resolves the issue I have tried using the event log to trace what may be happening and can't find anything useful I'm not totally clear on what to look for however Can anyone offer some guidance on how to troubleshoot this issue more effectively

A:Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects

Have you changed the Ethernet cable and/or used a different Jack/Port to the switch or router?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44374-ethernet-connection-usb-3-0-randomly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I am having a big problem with my internet connection. I connect to the internet through a VPN connection to my university. However, each time I see a video on youtube (or elsewhere), listen streamed music or even talk using Skype, my internet connection disconnects immediately.

I have had this problem with Windows Vista, and now that I have installed Windows 7 the problem is still the same.

So for every kind of streaming my internet connection (through VPN) almost immediately disconnects.

Any hints about this ?

Thanks

A:Internet Connection disconnects when streaming (VPN)

did you contact your university help desk? Its possible they have it set to only allow certain types of traffic to pass. Another thing is dropped packets. If you drop too many packet its possible the vpn will drop and since streaming might be using potentially large amounts of bandwidth...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-disconnects-when-streaming-vpn.916340/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
In the last 4-8 weeks i have noticed a trend that when any laptop detects a Network connection or disconnection it automatically launches the MSN home page on the browser
We have out local intranet set to home page. and MSN is popping up instead intermittently
Ive noticed this since we last updated our end users via WSUS.
We are all mostly running windows 8.1 x64.
To no success we have attempted this below:
Modify this registry key to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet\EnableActiveProbing
But it still reoccurs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dfa44378-861d-4306-b8a7-648d46ccd3c9/msn-pop-up-when-network-connection-connectsdisconnects?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

I've just successful LAN RDP Wireless connection after disconnects seen a few threads about similar problems but nothing precisely the same and nothing I've found solves my issue I've got a laptop Toshiba Satellite running Windows Wireless LAN disconnects just after successful RDP connection Professional -bit I'm trying to connect to the laptop from another machine via RDP but the connection dies every time This is what happens I log into the laptop which then connects to the wireless network I initiate the RDP connection from the other machine The connection is successfully made I see the quot Welcome quot window then the Wireless LAN disconnects just after successful RDP connection RDP screen goes black At the same time just as the screen goes back on the RDP client the screen on my laptop locks goes back to the login screen and the network monitor icon quot Toshiba Wireless LAN Indicator quot shows that the wireless connection is down - no network connection available After a few seconds to I get a message on the client that the connection couldn't be made From this I'm gathering that my firewall is set up to allow incoming connections properly I also verified this manually and I can see that the initial connection is being made My best guess is that the wireless connection is being killed when the RDP session is started Is there a way to prevent the network connection from being reset or whatever's happening when connecting via RDP I've noticed that my laptop doesn't connect to wifi until after I've logged in Is this the likely culprit If so is there a way to change this so the computer will connect to the wireless network before I've actually logged in For what it's worth I get the same behavior regardless of the client machine being used Win Enterprise Win Home Premium Linux etc Any help would be greatly appreciated -Peter

A:Wireless LAN disconnects just after successful RDP connection

Murphy's Law is alive and well. Not even an hour after posting this thread I found the answer myself. The issue was that my network connection was set to be available to myself only. Apparently this is the default setting, so I deleted and manually recreated the network connection so it's now available to all users and my RDP connection is just fine!

To give credit where credit is due, here's where I found the answer:

Wireless before Login

Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251201-wireless-lan-disconnects-just-after-successful-rdp-connection.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Since i have my computer years i had a problem with shared directories we have more computers at home that are working on a WLAN and only i have a problem with accessing directories connection suddenly Wireless disconnects I called up one of my friends who was told to be a Wireless connection suddenly disconnects network technician but after he tried to do something he couldn t help and the problem remained as it was but after he left the connection keeps randomaly disconnect and it is very annoying I asked him to redo his actions but he said that he doesn t remember what he did so i am asking here for help The sharing is the minor problem the disconnection is the main problem which i would Wireless connection suddenly disconnects like to solve first I have WIN XP and i use a com router I have to say that before he tried to fix my problem i had always a RaLink Wireless icon at the bottom right corner system tray and after he did whatever he did it is not there anymore Please help i am here to answer any question that you need to help me Thank you Eyal nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Dell Latitude D running on Windows XP I generally use Intel ProSet Wirless but I have also tried to use the basic internet management which Windows provides and it doesn t seem to be doing any good My internet repeatedly disconnects and reconnects Having divorced parents I switch between houses Wireless Connection Repeatedly Disconnects on a regular basis and the problem is exactly the same at both houses If I move my computer it s a laptop a foot or so out of place it usually reconnects but occasionally that is not the case In one house I use my computer directly below where the linksys box is located in the other it s just across the hall Regardless of where in the house I am located though even right next to the linksys box the internet continues to disconnect It will occasionally disconnect for twenty or thirty minutes at a time either being unable to connect to the network for more than few seconds or simply not quot seeing quot the network Other computers in the house work totally fine be they desktop or laptop and I am entirely at a loss for what to do I have tired restarting my computer multiple times this problem has been going on for Wireless Connection Repeatedly Disconnects about two weeks and I ve tired disconnecting both the linksys and the Comcast boxes If anyone has input it d be great I m getting terribly fed up nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

This has been a problem for a month or so I have a laptop which is connected to a wireless network and a pc which is connected to the laptop via ethernat cable I bridged the connections so I could share the internet connection and the connection is ok except every half an hour or so the connection drops I get disconnected on my pc and on my laptop an error pops up windows has detected an ip address conflict That lasts for a couple of seconds and then it reconnects WLAN connection address Solved: conflict drop/ip and everything is fine I ve searched the forums but couldn t really find the solution Another problem is that I can not restart the router because Solved: WLAN connection drop/ip address conflict it s not in my flat I m not stealing internet i just live as a sub-tenant so the router is in a flat above mine Any help would be much appreciated Also sorry if I made some grammatical mistakes english is not my native language nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Ok here is a mind bender for all you Wireless guru s out there I have laptops connected wirelessly to a Linksys router An HP with AMD motherboard a Compaq with an AMD motherboard and a Sony with an Intel motherboard All running Vista home premium My HP will get good signal but the speed of the network drops to mps and than it drops the network all together I have called HP and they sent me a new network adapter same thing I sent the laptop out and they changed the motherboard still AMD chipset still same problem The sony has no problems keeping the full mps at all times I have noticed the Compaq with the AMD also fluctuates in speed too If I take the HP and Compaq to the room the router is in it will keep a connection but still drops the speed as far down as issues HP with Turion series X2 TL-56 dv6000 WLAN AMD connection mps I am still talking with HP about the problem but I am beginning to think they dont know what to do Any suggestions nbsp

A:WLAN connection issues with HP dv6000 series AMD Turion X2 TL-56

It sounds like you're right about HP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-connection-issues-with-hp-dv6000-series-amd-turion-x2-tl-56.657010/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I've setup my father's notebook (Win 7 32Bit) to connect via WLAN to the router. Another notebook is already running on that router (did not tried it parallel at the same time yet).

I've setup SSID (I've made it visible at the router for the initial connection), WPA2 & TKIP incl. password. Router allows additional WLAN devices, IP/DNS etc. should be set by the router.

Automatic connection does not connect to the router. Manual connection seems to work, but shortly after "connecting" I'll get a message to input user and password. I have not seen such a screen in conjunction with WLAN connection before (and I've set-up several devices at different routers). I've tried user and password of the user logged into windows, but this did not work.

Does anyone have an idea ? I've searched the web, but couldn't find a similar situation from anyone else.

Thanks
Joe

A:WLAN network connection asks for user and password ???

I am having a similar problem with a connection between a PC (windows 7) and laptop (windows XP) it asks for user name and password and I do not remember setting up this process. the PC is connected to two other PC with XP and a laptop (MAC) Hope someone can help with this.
Thanks
Sesco

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199788-wlan-network-connection-asks-user-password.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This problem is so danged FRUSTRATING I already have a number of devices successfully connected wirelessly to my router which I believe is a Netgear model B - - I recently acquired a desktop PC running Windows and at first it was no problem at all connecting to my router's main SSID named PLEASANT always broadcasts running WEP security plus woes WLAN USB adapter, relocating After connection aplenty MAC address After relocating USB WLAN adapter, connection woes aplenty access control But the USB WLAN device I had was an older quot long thing and I didn't want it sticking out the front where it could be vulnerable to mishap or something so I moved it to a back USB slot Windows gave it a different sequence number plus it always installs some device called quot Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter quot whenever I move it Anyway I could NOT connect to my network then The Troubleshooter tried resetting the adapter and retrying but to no avail Details are available but they're verbose and you cannot Copy the text Something about quot Pre-Association Success quot followed by quot Association Fail quot Why isn't there a utility where I can tell the software to Forget a connection and then later respecify it I tried EVERYTHING I eventually tried renaming my Network's SSID Of course I tried disabling ALL security but still no connection Nothing worked Interestingly my router supports Guest Access which I normally have disabled But I enabled it for this purpose with WPA security and my Windows machine connects to it without a hitch regardless of where I place the adapter But that isn't what I want because Guests naturally cannot get to the router's control page Eventually I purchased and tried a whole new WiFi adapter one of the new tiny ones that don't really stick out I placed it in a front USB slot and it has the very same issue It will connect to my Guest SSID readily but refuses to connect to PLEASANT What I really needed was a sensible configuration utility Aha my new adapter has an installable quot Configuration Utility quot under the Ralink trade name I installed it but Windows puts a giant black quot X quot through the resulting shortcut I cannot run the supplied utility not as Administrator and not with the Compatibility Troubleshooter and no way at all If I could just have that utility software I could get my OS to just plain FORGET the past and start afresh Dang Double dang Just so I've made myself clear both adapters can SEE the Network to which I want to connect plus that Guest access network and each with superb signal strength so I believe there to be NO hardware issues with either adapter It's the software some Windows machination that is preventing my connection At some point I could put the first adapter back in a front slot and it could connect to PLEASANT but now it seems the entire scope is cut off Help What am I to do I doubt it would help but I've attached ipconfig readout I can supply more stuff as it is deemed pertinent And um my router is set up as a bridge edit Sorry using the first adapter that long one I can still place it in the top of my two front USB slots and Windows installs it as WLAN Card and it does successfully connect to PLEASANT But I don't want it there as I stated

A:After relocating USB WLAN adapter, connection woes aplenty

Set all security to WPA2 and check the Advanced tab under ipv4 properties, add the gateway address which is the router ip...
and welcome to the forum!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350754-after-relocating-usb-wlan-adapter-connection-woes-aplenty.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello no internet longer to any HELP!!! can (WLAN/LAN) connection Laptop connect I recently bought a new hercules wireless router I then installed this router exactly as the instructions said and installed the software onto HELP!!! Laptop can no longer connect to any internet connection (WLAN/LAN) my laptop following all the correct instructions however the laptop could not connect to the HELP!!! Laptop can no longer connect to any internet connection (WLAN/LAN) router when complete i therefore reset the router and tried again same problem i then checked on my second laptop and found that this laptop could succesfully connect i then went back reset the router again and installed the software on this second laptop again i can connect to the router via this laptop but still not with the first laptop i also tried using my eternet cable to connect the first laptop to the router with no luck I then tried to IPCONFIG the router using the ethernet cable and CMD did not give any IP adresses what-so-ever i have tried everything i can come up with to connect this laptop to my router but nothing works whilst all the other computers -wireless and -ethernet work perfectly thank you in advance for all your support ardjan nbsp

A:HELP!!! Laptop can no longer connect to any internet connection (WLAN/LAN)

Welcome to TSG:
Will need some info before we start making suggestions:
Make and model of modem and router ?
Operating systems involved ?
Let's see this from a working laptop and a non working laptop:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-can-no-longer-connect-to-any-internet-connection-wlan-lan.986698/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Dell 1390 Wlan in an Inspiron 1501 running Windows XP. A few weeks ago we upgraded our Internet DSL from 500 kbps to 3mbps. I'm achiving 3m with a hard connection, but still only 500k via WiFi. To see if it was the wlan card, I installed the software and used my husband's Netgear USB wireless adapter on my Inspiron. With it I get a 3m connection. Shouldn't the Dell 1390 be able to handle a 3m connection? Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

A:Slow WiFi connection w/Dell 1390 WLAN

There should be no reason that your machine can't sustain a 3mbit connection.

Top suspect would be the wireless drivers, update them from the Dell support pages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wifi-connection-w-dell-1390-wlan.902008/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have one HP G laptop When I turn the laptop one it boots up normal but slow Either LAN or WLAN icon shows Network connected However no applications IE Google Chrome Malwarebytes Updates etc on the laptop can connect to the Internet These applications indicate no network connection I opened the network center and looked at the connection diagram there is no quot X quot on the connection The network metering shows there is the exchanging data packages between the computer and the network Below are things that I had applied Ran Malwarebytes -- gt No infection detected Ran Kaspersky took for ever -- gt No infection detected Ran IP commands a netsh winsock reset b netsh int ip reset resetlog txt c ipconfig flushdns d ipconfig registerdns e ipconfig release f ipconfig renew I did all the things above with Administrator account but still nothing can access can access no Internet connection, applications shows to LAN and but WLAN the Internet Now I stuck Anyone can help me to resolve this problem Thanks CT Laptop Spec HP G AMD A GB RAM Windows Home Premium x nbsp

A:LAN and WLAN shows connection, but no applications can access to Internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-and-wlan-shows-connection-but-no-applications-can-access-to-internet.1119951/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone As the title suggest the household loses internet connection everyone few hours or so The disconnect usually lasts less than a minute and the computers smartphones automatically reconnect afterwards When the connection fails it seems to fail for Internet Wireless Disconnects Connection Intermittently all devices simultaneously This problem has been going on for a very long time and I finally decided to try and see if the cause can be uncovered Any help will be greatly appreciated Windows IP Configuration Host Name FINN Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently Physical Address - - D-A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - D-A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c cdd Preferred Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Thursday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BB-EF-BD- C- - E- - C- DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address C- - E- - -DB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F C B-B - D- DAD-AAFFB B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd e e Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface A BA - - C- C F- DEACD C D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BC - BE - F - EF- E A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A CB - F E- AA- EE- DB D B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Click to expand nbsp

A:Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently

The ipconfig /all shows an apparently good connection to a wireless router or access point.

When these disconnects happen do the devices maintain communication with the router and with each other?

What do the LEDs on the router tell you?

Do you have a separate modem? If so, what do its LEDs tell you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-disconnects-intermittently.1138620/
Relevancy 49.88%

The problem Randomly or Connection Internet Resets Disconnects is that my internet connection either randomly loses connection for about - seconds until it gets back online Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets or disconnects all together When it disconnects and it can t get back online on it s own I have to pull the power plug and plug it back in My sister in law Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets and I are sharing internet since our houses are about feet between each other We are using one modem and two routers All we did was just plug the second router to the first router and it worked We didn t configure anything in the router control panels we basically just plugged and play Since it s been kicking us off or resetting on us I feel it might be something that we had to configure in the two routers But I don t know what to configure So if anyone knows a fix for this please help Here is our setup Primary House amp Modem amp Belkin Router we are wired and wireless amp ft cable LAN d on Belkin WAN d on Linksys amp Linksys Router sister in law is wired and wireless amp Secondary House nbsp

A:Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets

My sister in law and I are sharing internet since our houses are about 100 feet between each other.Click to expand...

if you look at your T&Cs you will find you are most likely NOT allowed to do this - most ISP have terms which state that you can only use the service in ONE premise

unless you can show us that the ISP will allow this, we cannot help you here , and I will close the post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-randomly-disconnects-or-resets.995304/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi to everyone. my asus laptop model is N53S and its been disconnecting the wifi connection about 3 month. i dont think the problem is from router because all other devices like android phones and laptops are connected and working properly. my laptop used to disconnect every time that it was hit or i moved it.but now it is disconnected randomly about 5 or 6 times a day even if i dont move it. when its disconnected sometimes the red cross or a yellow triangle appears on the wifi connection and windows functions so slowly and noises starts everytime i try to hear anything. i have tried re installing the wireless adapter in the device manager but it havent been fixed. do you think the wireless adapter should be replaced? what is its problem?

Relevancy 49.88%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 49.88%

I saw reconnect Wireless IP. network get won't connection and disconnects, this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t wireless-connection-stuck-on-acquiring-network-addressforever First I Wireless network connection disconnects, won't reconnect and get IP. want to say that I don't think there was ever a malware problem on this machine a Lenovo R It worked ok for a long time but a year or so ago it started disconnecting from the wireless network It would say connected and acquiring network address but it never completed I did a network tcp ip reset on it that didn't change anything I got another identical wifi bluetooth card and changed it no difference A few days ago it was working then stopped with the acquiring network address and as a test I gave it a static IP on the local network and it connected It worked until I shut down Today I booted up same static IP configured and it worked OK for about an hour Then it stopped working and said acquiring network address even though it had a static number configured I checked Very odd So something is amiss here More than meets the eye I started reading threads including the one I referenced above I compared some of the regedits that were recommended then but nothing really stood out I did notice that even though the Remote Procedure Call RPC Service is marked as started and automatic the start stop buttons are grayed I could not determine for sure that it's running or not but I admit I don't know that it needs to be running Admittedly this is an odd one It could be a hardware problem on the motherboard but I can't find any evidence of that Any ideas

A:Wireless network connection disconnects, won't reconnect and get IP.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569816/wireless-network-connection-disconnects-wont-reconnect-and-get-ip/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,

I've been having a heck of a time with my internet. One moment it's working fine, the next second it wont load anything and my netflix (running off PS3) wont load the show I'm watch etc. It stays like that for a few minutes and then starts working again.

The whole time the modem says its connected and my computer says it has internet connection.

Much appreciative for any and all help!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/128032-internet-connection-issues-spontanious-disconnects.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My friend has a DSL connection and about 90% of the time when he gets a phone call he gets droped from Xbox Live and he can't load web pages and his DL's stop. He is set up wirelessly however he changed the frequency's to make sure there were no interferences with cordless phones in the house. Is there anyway to fix this?

A:DSL connection disconnects when phones calls are recived

This is a classic case of improperly filtered DSL lines. You may have to change the wiring to the DSL modem and reconfigure the filters.

The way I install DSL is to run a home-run of twisted-pair (I use CAT-5 since I have it) directly from the telco service entrance to the DSL modem. I then split off the telephone circuit and install a single filter for the whole telephone side of the circuit. This avoids shipping the DSL all around the lousy telephone wiring, as well as the issues with multiple filters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-connection-disconnects-when-phones-calls-are-recived.354532/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have a Belkin G MIMO Router F D - connected to a Linksys AM Was suppose to Connection Solved: Frequently Internet Disconnects buy a Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects G MIMO with built in modem My ISP is TalkTalk Broadband Meg The router connects PCs on network Basically everyone loses connection frequently and they are starting to get annoyed All the PCs do not uses Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects static IP addresses Im not very good at Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects setting up routers and modems correctly and would like some help These are the reasosn I believe im gettign disconnected frequently Power Supply - Original power supply will not work worked once then all lights went off Using a Multi-Volt adaptor on the Belkin router output reads V A The multi-volt adaptor is selected at V which is the minimum and says this is A max is this incorrect and can it cause the dilemma im having All the lights are on and blink stay solid as they should Mixed Cards - Although the router is MIMO computer has a G card computers have a G card and the other computer uses an ethernet cable The ethernet card is built in and is Mbps Am thinking of upgrading so all are G and the same cards Have been told its bad to mix cards Bad Setup - I currently have the router set at PPPoE and same with the modem However I have other setups and am not sure I have the correct one Isn t bridge mode what I need The router s setups are Dynamic Static PPPoE PPTP and Telstra BigPond The modem s setups are PPPoE PPPoE Bridged Mode Half Bridge Not sure which one to use and how to configure correctly Modulation Type - I have been told the higher the speed the lower the stabilty I currently have the speed set at the highest so im not sure if this is the reason The types are ITU G G DMT ITU G G Lite ITU G G DMT bis ITU G ADSL my current one Static IPs - Are static IPs more stable and overall better or no difference All my IPs are automatically and sometimes i recieve the error IP conflict on the ethernet PC These are my thoughts on what the problem could be Any help is much appreicated Thanks for looking nbsp

A:Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects

1. Personally I wouldn't operate any electronic device, certainly not a new one, without the proper power supply. Surely there is a long enough warranty to get that power supply replaced.

2. Try just using standard 802.11g until you get the problems ironed out. Then you can introduce MIMO and see if it improves or hurts.

3. If the AM200 modem/router is operating as a modem and router then the Belkin should be connecting with a dynamic connection. If the AM200 is bridged or whatever the term is to say that it is acting as a modem only then the Belkin router's connection must be whatever your ISP requires.

4. Don't know.

5. No difference, except that dynamic (automatic) are far more convenient.

Beyond the first 3 items you've identified (which you should take care of first), sometimes a router firmware upgrade and then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure will help disconnect problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-frequently-disconnects.732590/
Relevancy 49.88%

Setup Laptop is a Dell Inspiron couple of after a connection Wireless disconnects seconds E from the router is a Linksys WRT N and the modem is a Motorola SB SURFboard Problem I moved into a new place and I cannot connect to their wireless system Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds After calling the internet provider and router Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds company I can now connect via LAN just fine and to the wireless connection for only a couple seconds before it kicks me off and it does not reconnect Everyone else can connect so there is nothing wrong with the modem or router Note a There is a cordless phone and I have no idea what channel it is on b I have AVG s free virus scanner and malwarebytes c I can connect to other wifi hotspot d I am sitting underneath the router with full signal strength e WPA f I do not have the username and password for the router I have done the following to no avail Turned off the modem and router for a couple of minutes Disable the firewall ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh int ip reset reset log netsh winsock reset catalog Manually typed in the IP DNS Turned the IP DNS back to auto Removed the network from the preferred list and added it in again Here is all the info you may need LAN Connected ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- ec Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -C - D- -BD Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday August AM Lease Expires Saturday August AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -A - -AE Wireless disconnected ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- ec Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -C - D- -BD Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -A - -AE Ping Tests connected with LAN Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Thanks Please let me know if you need more info nbsp

A:Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds

Does the router belong to you or to the place you moved into? It mite be some form of mac filtering on the router itself, which prevents devices from connecting to the router without permission

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-disconnects-after-a-couple-of-seconds.1063610/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have set up my personal laptop Macbook on a crossover connection with my laptop at work Windows XP My work laptop is connected to the company s network which doesn t allow personal computers to be connected to Since the work laptop s internal crossover on local Help! Frequent connection... disconnects NIC is connected to the network I have connected a USB to LAN adapter to the USB port and connect it with the NIC on my macbook via a crossover cable I set the work laptop IP as with subnet mask and the macbook IP as and same subnet mask The connection works fine and I am able to share files between them However very frustrating problem The crossover connection disconnects and reconnects frequently every - minutes Looking at the Windows XP event viewer there is a TCPIP event every time it happens Here is what the event looks like -- Product Windows Operating System ID Source Tcpip Version Symbolic Name EVENT TCPIP MEDIA CONNECT Message The system detected that network adapter was connected to the network and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter Help! Frequent disconnects on local crossover connection... -- This would be a normal event if it didn t happen so often indicating my connection has recovered from a disconnect I thought it might be the USB to LAN adaptor malfunctioning so I replaced it with another one no luck I thought it might be the crossover cable so I tested it between macs with a gigabit connection and pinged continuously for about and hour but got packet loss Both comps are up to date with updates and drivers as far as I can tell I tried forcing various transfer speeds including full amp half duplex modes no luck I should also mention that Help! Frequent disconnects on local crossover connection... the USB to LAN adaptor is not gigabit but rather The Macbook s NIC is gigabit and the crossover cable is CAT e which supports a gigabit connection but is forced to transfer at baseTX either automatically or manually to accommodate the other NIC s speed I m not sure if this is part of the problem but thought it might be worth mentioning If anyone has any insight into this issue please lend me your wisdom Also let me know if I should provide device details or logs Thanks nbsp

A:Help! Frequent disconnects on local crossover connection...

The key statement here.
My work laptop is connected to the company&#8217;s network which doesn&#8217;t allow personal computers to be connected to.Click to expand...

We don't assist in bypassing company network restrictions, please refer to the TSG Rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-frequent-disconnects-on-local-crossover-connection.912650/
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently set up a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router and it's been working perfectly up until this morning when my brother accidentally opened the Linksys EasyLink Advisor from the system tray and immediately exited. After that, the WLAN light went out on the router and there's no active internet connection detected coming from the router (currently plugged straight into the modem). 192.168.1.1 (to access the router settings) no longer loads as well.

To note, I'm running Vista on the laptop that's now connected to the internet (not sure if that will make a difference in troubleshooting the problem though).

A:WLAN light and internet connection lost on Linksys WRT54GS

Turn off the modem and the router.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady data light.
Turn on the router, wait two minutes.
Reboot the connected computer.
After the computer boots, please post the following.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-light-and-internet-connection-lost-on-linksys-wrt54gs.730492/
Relevancy 49.45%

I downloaded windows 8 on my partner's Toshiba Satellite L650 laptop and now the wireless connection doesn't work.
All other devices get wireless connection but the Toshiba doesn't now after the upgrade.

I've read somewhere that it may need new drivers or something like that, but i'm not tech savvy and wouldn't know where to start.

Can anyone help? I'm using another laptop to post this as there's no connection on the Toshiba.

Thanks

A:Satellite L650 - lost WLAN connection after upgrading to Win8

At first can you please post exact notebook model number (L650-xxx)?
I want to check which WLAN card is inside.

Open device manager and check the WLAN card status. Please post some feedback about these basic information.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70002-Satellite-L650-lost-WLAN-connection-after-upgrading-to-Win8
Relevancy 49.45%

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
zonealarm basic firewall
wlancard dell 1450 usb

Info:
the card never had a vista or windows 7 driver. A computer skilled
took out a folder from the windows xp installer.
Through device manager the folder is installed as driver, and the wlan card works.
I wanted to use ubuntu 'remote terminal server'. Connected via pc to pc lan cross over cable.
Maybe the connection succeded because ping test was ok. But never made the
program 'remote terminal server' work.
At a point zonealarm made trouble, allthough disabled.
Shutting down computer worked.

Error: Next time I turned on the computer, wlan didn't work. The wlan card makes
the connection but there is a yellow triangle on the wifi icon in taskbar.
Under network it keeps hanging, messaging 'identifying'.

I tried this:
Reinstalling zonealarm basic.
Reinstalling wlan card folder driver.
Didn't work.

Now I don't know what to do.
Suggestions?
Thanks.

A:Wlan card hangs (identifying error) during connection to router.

SInce this isnt a supported Win7 wlan adapter, you may be looking at a purchase of a new one. Unless you can get that tech to do his magic again? Or do you have the driver files he used in a folder somwhere still?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191105-wlan-card-hangs-identifying-error-during-connection-router.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I inadvertantly disabled the WLAN connection so that I don't have any way to connect to a wireless signal. It was dumb move on my part - I was trying to remove unwanted icons on the taskbar. I didn't realize the WLAN had anything to do with wireless connections.

Can anyone walk me through getting this going again?

Relevancy 49.45%
Relevancy 49.45%

I can t seem to skype or video chat of any sort ie aim Video chatting connection disconnects Internet and fails video chat facebook video chat etc on my computer Whenever I start skype or try to start a video chat on aim facebook it fails and my internet disconnects for everyone I don t know what could be wrong Using the same wireless internet my friends are able to video chat on their macbooks It seems like my computer is the only one that can t video chat Video chatting works when I use a sprint internet card I have a sony vaio laptop running on windows Our router in our apartment at school is a D-link wireless N In addition to this problem my internet loves to disconnect randomly too this problem also persists at home with my Cisco Linksys router model WRT N V and Speedstream modem please help Thanx O so i think i may have isolated the issue with skype failing and my random disconnections when i disable my norton symantec antivirus i don t get disconnected and my Video chatting fails and disconnects Internet connection skype works however that would mean I would be defenseless if i had no antivirus does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how I would be able to tweak the settings of norton or anything else that I may fix so that everything still works with my norton still enabled nbsp

A:Video chatting fails and disconnects Internet connection

Remove Norton entirely and go for a free antivirus program like Microsoft Security Essentials. Google for it, or it is available using Windows Update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-chatting-fails-and-disconnects-internet-connection.170013/
Relevancy 49.45%

I can't seem to skype or video chat of any sort (ie: aim video chat, facebook video chat, etc.) on my computer. Whenever I start skype or try to start a video chat on aim/facebook, it fails and my internet disconnects for everyone. I don't know what could be wrong. Using the same wireless internet, my friends are able to video chat on their macbooks. It seems like my computer is the only one that can't video chat. Video chatting works when I use a sprint internet card. I have a sony vaio laptop running on windows 7. Our router in our apartment at school is a D-link wireless N? In addition to this problem, my internet loves to disconnect randomly too...this problem also persists at home with my Cisco Linksys router (model WRT160N V3) and Speedstream 5100 modem.

Please help! Thanx!

Relevancy 49.45%

please help me i am in a big problem I have lost my cell phone and i dont have money to buy another and i have to contact a person soon its very important and internet is the only way now I am Using WIndows Ultimate bits The Problem Is When i Start my Pc My Manufacturer Logo Comes quot Powered by ASUS quot after that My After Blinking Internet and Connection Stops Card W Disconnects LAN Windows Loading Comes From the Backside My Internet Connection Disconnects and LAN Card Stops Blinking After W of Pc I Can see the Wire into Lan Card and the green light is Blinking Just after windows loading is finished The Lan Card Stops Blinking and After i put my password and login into my Account I see the Red Cross on Internet Connection and its Disconnected My Windows was working fine from the Last Months I Dont know what suddenly has happened Please Do not say me to check my Drivers or my wire lan card etc Ive Confirmed that the Internet Connection is Enabled from my Internet Service Provider Ive Checked my LAN Card By using Another External One quot Still the Same Problem quot Ive Checked my Wire by using it on Friend's Pc Wire is working fine Ive Re-Installed the windows After Re-installing the Windows Internet Works Fine But Just after Restarting Windows The Same Problem Comes Ive Performed the full pc scan for Spywares Malewares Trojans and Viruses but nothing worked Please Help meeee Please Help me i urgently need Internet

A:My Internet Connection Disconnects and LAN Card Stops Blinking After W

This may or may not help but doesn't take long and it's free.
Go to Internet Options
Connections
Lan settings
Make sure Proxy is not checked.
Take a look at this. Could help.
SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251923-my-internet-connection-disconnects-lan-card-stops-blinking-after-w.html
Relevancy 49.02%

On my old netbook with Windows XP bit the WLAN works perfect But I encounter connection issues on my new notebook with Windows bit I'm connected to a router Symptoms playing games works pretty fine despite some heavy lags now and then messenger MSN ICQ IRC work fine and stay connected FTP fileupload with FileZilla works only in active mode not passive connection works, Internet (WinXP timeouts Win7 issues, WLAN not) mode uploading files in passive mode result in endless timeouts since active mode opens ports on my computer is it a port-based issue wireless internet on other machine with Windows XP works I experience the problem the most when browsing the internet in a webbrowser if a connection issue happens then no websites will load anymore most of all I got problems connecting to DeviantART WLAN Internet connection issues, timeouts (WinXP works, Win7 not) graphic websites with lots of images the website will load but rarely the thumbnails of the images the progressbar just loads and loads EventViewer on Windows often gives messages about timeouts during DNS lookup when the internet connection in the webbrowser drops I can still ping google in command line using the websitename takes ms using the IP takes ms I can also still chat in my messengers Trials nothing solved the problem disabled IPv running commands netsh interface tcp set global rss disabled netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel disabled netsh int ip set global taskoffload disabled set router encryption from WPA to WPA tried an older driver for my WLAN adapter tried different firewalls also disabled firewall and antivirus completly installed all possible windows updates also silverlight disabled the wireless adapter of the notebook and plugged in an external WLAN adapter dongle I looked around for solutions of this problem and found alot of people talking about similar issues change from WinXP to Win suddenly having connection issues on Win while WinXP works fine but I did not found THE solution yet and I would wonder if there is any cause then it would have been already included in a windows update I guess It really seems to be a Windows problem I really hope somebody can help me This heavy problem can drive someone back to Windows XP and waiting for the next major release Despite this problem Windows works perfectly I love it and would not like it to go back to Windows XP just to be able to browse the internet properly Thanks for any answers and links

A:WLAN Internet connection issues, timeouts (WinXP works, Win7 not)

Hello real, welcome to Sevenforums

Wireless works fine on my computer and most others. So I would guess the problem would lie just with your particular set up. What I mean by that is, it could be anything from your particular hardware (incompatible, for example) to programs installed on your computer causing interferance (viruses could do this as well). And pretty soon here, you're going to be needing that IPv6...

What antivirus do you use, and have you updated it/scanned your computer? Look up this and see if there is anything you have not yet done: Internet Troubleshooting Guide

Is your adapter compatible with Win 7? Have you tried another wireless adapter on the Win 7 computer to see if it works or not?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210622-wlan-internet-connection-issues-timeouts-winxp-works-win7-not.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have my PC and PS3 wired to a netgear router and a laptop connected wirelessly.

The laptop for some reason loses it's connection randomly and loses it's connection in 2 minute to 20 minute intervals. I sometimes have to manually reconnect to my router by searching for it and reconnecting in the Network and Sharing Center.

No idea why it's started happening now, I reset the router to factory settings recently because of the same problem a couple of days ago and it's still happening. The PC and PS3 work fine, just the wireless keeps dropping. Using Vista and I don't think it's the laptop as it can constantly see my neighbours connections, only my router is occasionally disappearing.

Any help is much appreciated.

A:Solved: Wireless connection randomly disconnects 2-20 minute intervals.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-randomly-disconnects-2-20-minute-intervals.819203/
Relevancy 48.59%

I m not overly tech savvy so please consider that when responding I have one desktop PC my router Belkin remote connection disconnects desktop N150 at home Windows XP and have a Belkin N150 router disconnects my remote desktop connection Time Warner wired modem for internet I work from home and connect to my office computer through Remote Desktop Connection I purchased a Roku video streaming player and bought a Belkin N wireless router in order to get the Belkin N150 router disconnects my remote desktop connection signal from my desktop computer out to the living area where the Roku is located The connection with the Roku is perfect Belkin N150 router disconnects my remote desktop connection However my remote desktop connection now disconnects constantly and internet browsing on the local computer is very slow and choppy The configuration I used is Belkin ethernet wire from Belkin to back of modem modem ethernet wire from Belkin to computer If I remove the Belkin and put everything back the way it was all is fine but of course we then have no Roku I can t imagine that I should have to disconnect the Belkin for me to access my office computer without issues which in turn prevents those in the living area from using the Roku I have spoken to Belkin s customer support they had me change settings different times Bottom line is Belkin s CS is script oriented and they have no clue otherwise Any thoughts from this forum would be most welcome Thanks so much nbsp

A:Belkin N150 router disconnects my remote desktop connection

Make sure you have the latest router firmware; then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it. (If you already have done both of these in this order you need not do them again.)

When you get a disconnect do the router (or modem) LEDs give any hint of whether the disconnect is between modem and router or between router and computer?

Consider that either of the ethernet cables may be defective.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n150-router-disconnects-my-remote-desktop-connection.1052455/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi folks nbsp I'm running support on a system that relies exclusively on the Remote Desktop Connection Terminal Services client nbsp We have a pool of around Windows Ultimate machines that our users access by RDP through a connection broker nbsp What we've been experiencing for a number of users in encryption Data Remote causing error disconnects Desktop Connection some not all is that the users will be disconnected after receiving an error message that reads quot Because of an error in data encryption this Data encryption error in Remote Desktop Connection causing disconnects session will end Please try reconnecting Data encryption error in Remote Desktop Connection causing disconnects quot nbsp Some users are experiencing this on every single connection attempt Data encryption error in Remote Desktop Connection causing disconnects and can't access the remote desktop at all Others will only see this after their session has been running for some time and are doing work on the remote desktop nbsp The users can be running any OS from XP to and even some users are on OSX nbsp I have no specific info on their home setups nbsp Now before you go running off to a search engine I've already spent several hours combing over random forum posts technet bulletins and more nbsp I've already eliminated the following as solutions The host machines do not have x certificates to delete in the registry The host machines do not have ethernet adapters whose drivers allow for TCP IP offloading I can't discount the possibility the users have their computers in a DMZ but many of them aren't that familiar with networking Most of the posts I've been reading are useless to me because they discuss connecting to an actual server that is generating this problem nbsp I also know the connection broker is a likely candidate and we're addressing that nbsp It also doesn't necessarily explain why some users are unable to connect at all nbsp I can tell you that some of these errors are caused when the remote desktop screen undergoes a very rapid refresh much like what you would get for holding a PageUp PageDown button in a large document or is trying to display a large image nbsp I'm hoping that someone here may have some insight into what specifically may be causing these errors or has suggestions on ways to control the hosts more thoroughly with what I already have nbsp So Any suggestions nbsp Thanks everyone

A:Data encryption error in Remote Desktop Connection causing disconnects

I think you are having problems with user running wireless internet at home.
Whoever is having the problem ask them if they can use cable connection instead.
Encryption doesn't play nice with unreliable internet connection.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/85a4626c-a7f9-4827-9ba6-85df634f29fe/data-encryption-error-in-remote-desktop-connection-causing-disconnects?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey Ok so here is the problem a month and a half ago the laptop wouldn t WLAN device manager is is says disabled, says enabled! WLAN Laptop turn on it goes and gets fixed and the power supply wasn Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled! t returned today we finally receive the power supply which caused month of the waiting So I plug it up and everything goes on fine and dandy however the laptop will not receive an Internet connection and it says that the wireless LAN is disabled the laptop is a Presario v Compaq which has a button on the front of the laptop which enables and disabled the wireless LAN the button is currently set to enabled however the button is jammed on enable and it has an Amber light so I can t turn it on and off I went to device manger then network adapters and acording to that the WLAN is enabled but the laptop is telling me it s disabled is there any way I can fix this or will it have to get sent away again I hope the question makes sense Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled! I m only so I m not the best when it comes to computers I also badly need the laptop fixed because I need it for school and I am currently posting this question using my iPhone nbsp

A:Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled!

Well, if the button isn't toggling the wireless state, you may have to send it away again. What do you mean the button is "jammed"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-says-wlan-is-disabled-device-manager-says-wlan-is-enabled.932858/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am setting up a new wireless router and new laptop.

The laptop sees the WLAN (name) in Control Panel -> Networking -> Sharing and Network, but this WLAN (name) does not show up in the laptop's 'WLAN selector list' when I click on the network icon that's in the system tray.

I hope my description, above, makes sense. If so, does this problem description suggest an area of configuration that I have done incorrectly?

Thanks for any hints.

A:WLAN in Control Panel but not in system tray WLAN list

The new router needs to be setup with the SSID not hidden. Also the router needs to be set for the same type of wireless that the devices use.

It is also helpful when you post these kind of questions, to include system info in your profile and also manufacture and model of the router.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70949-wlan-control-panel-but-not-system-tray-wlan-list.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I am new to hyjackthis and have discerned some of the problem files that were found in my exceedingly long list files found mixer) freeze connection (including sound Issue's: programs Internet Multiple disconnects, from hyjackthis scan I ve attempted to delete some of these files with Fix Checked and upon Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer) a new scan some of the same files still remain My trial and error period with this program is over as clearly I will need a much more informed perspective in order to resolve these issues Here is my log please give me some advice on how to avoid a full system crash whenever you are able to Much appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer) PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe C Program Files x Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer) NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x iBryte playbryte iBryteDesktop exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www youcansearch com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Browser Enhancer - ef bd - f - - f-f cdf eb - C Program Files x CAJ Media Browser Enhancer adxloader dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO WeCareReminder - D F DE- D - F - EB - ECD ABB - C ProgramData WeCareReminder IEHelperv dll file missing O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SSDMonitor C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe O - HKLM Run SAOB Monitor C Program Files x Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe O - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe quot C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run dellsupportcenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P dellsupportcenter O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run NUSB MON quot C Program Files x NEC Electro... Read more

A:Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435698/multiple-issues-internet-connection-disconnects-programs-freeze-including-sound-mixer/
Relevancy 46.87%

I m having problems connecting some devices android apps to my computer via my wi-fi I am usually able to solve the problem by running network diagnostics but after awhile I ll start having network connectivity problems again Whenever I run diagnostics in these situations this error is shown in Event Viewer quot WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped Module Path C Windows system athihvs quot I also receive the error in event viewer on a fairly regular basis quot Your computer was not assigned an address from the network by the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address x in diagnose Module Receiving time wireless stopped." "WLAN Extensibility I Event Viewer connection warning each has D CC The following error occurred x Your computer will continue to try and Receiving warning "WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped." in Event Viewer each time I diagnose wireless connection obtain an Receiving warning "WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped." in Event Viewer each time I diagnose wireless connection address on its own from the network address DHCP server quot I have checked and my router and WLAN card drivers are both up to date I m wondering if these errors are what is causing my app to lose connection and what I could do to solve the problems Thanks

A:Receiving warning "WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped." in Event Viewer each time I diagnose wireless connection

It may have more to do with the firmware for your wireless adapter than it has to do with the drivers.
Check your PC or laptop manufacturer's website for a firmware update for the wireless adapter.

If they don't have one, check the wireless adapter manufacturer's website instead.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391859/receiving-warning-wlan-extensibility-module-has-stopped-in-event-viewer-each-time-i-diagnose-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 46.44%

Is there a internal or external cmd program that has the same functioninality like vista netsh wlan command.
netsh wlan is not included in xp and the netsh from vista doesnt work in xp

Relevancy 45.15%

My dad just bought a new wireless router and out of our computers mine is having a problem My computer is a Dell Vostro with a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card I am able to connect to the connection but not stay online I am not sure in what intervals I am being disconnected but it is super frustrating haha It seems my 1390 Issues Wireless Mini-Card- Wireless Connection WLAN Dell connection status is stuck on Authenticating I hope someone can help me I am quite unfamiliar with troubleshooting networking outside of Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues the simplest tasks Thank you in advance for any help Also I read an old post about someone else with a very similar problem and someone had said quot Start Run CMD OK to open a command prompt Type the following command IPCONFIG ALLRight click in the command window and choose Select All then hit Enter Paste the results in a message here quot So trying to maybe help find a solution sooner here are my results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt ipconfig Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sherry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd nj comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd nj comcast net Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - D- -B - C- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -A - -B C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt nbsp

A:Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues

Hi:Is this ipconfig /all at failure time ?
Try two things.
Go to the router makers site and download any more current firmware for your model.
Change the wireless channel being used.1/6/11 are US preferred.
Also:
1. Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.from your pc maker&#8217;s web site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card-wireless-connection-issues.895391/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
My internet is through WLan while I have to connect to the intranet using the lan. I want all my Internet traffic in wlan. But it's not working. Whenever I enable both wlan and LAN, all the Internet requests go to LAN and so can't use Internet.

How to configure my system (with XP SP3) so that all the internet traffic/requests use WLan as first choice instead of LAN ?

Relevancy 44.72%

I have an open thread in the Networking section Here s the link http forums techguy org networking -wan-connection-but-no-wan- html post I m posting here for Issues problems and or solutions DIRECTLY related to MALWARE For solutions related to Networking please post to the link above NO Internet WLAN WLAN over but Connected Basic details of WLAN Connected but NO Internet over WLAN what s going on I can connect to and access EVERYTHING WAP Router Switch Printer NAS Other computers etc while connected over WLAN I cannot connect to the INTERNET WLAN Connected but NO Internet over WLAN over WLAN Although it DOES say quot Internet Access quot I CAN connect to everything including Internet when connected over LAN Other computers CAN connect to the Internet using this WAP but this is NOT A LOCAL NETWORKING ISSUE PLEASE don t post Networking questions or solutions on this thread Please refer to the link above for ALL Networking questions unless they are DIRECTLY related to MALWARE Pertinent Software Installed on this system Win Ultimate x AVG Free NO Virus found Ad-Aware Free v No issues found Windows Firewall Disabled for Troubleshooting Windows Defender Disabled for Troubleshooting NO OTHER FIREWALL S W Installed NO VPN S W Installed Netgear s VPN SW is not compatible with Win x and was removed NO BLOATWARE Installed All preloaded Bloatware was removed on day FireFox IE x amp x v Any programs Bloatware VPN etc which were removed were removed using Revo Uninstaller and their Registry Tracks were deleted NO NEW S W was added or removed just prior to this problem arising ScanNow Results C gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Click to expand HJT Results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x HJT Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com CQNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com CQNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com CQNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLive... Read more

Relevancy 43.86%

Ok this is a little hard to explain I have been experiencing this problem for about weeks now My problem Solved: is connected "disconnects" after but Connection sometime is that under the Local Area Connection Status everything is working fine and I am able to access internet connections and all but after about mins - hour It will quot disconnects quot The thing is it seems that my Local Area Connection is still active but when I try to access the internet such as MSN Mozilla IE etc etc Everything just disconnects I have tried the quot Repair quot on the Local Area Connection but it is stuck on quot Renewing IP Address quot The only way to get back my connection was to disable it and Solved: Connection is connected but "disconnects" after sometime re-enable it or restart Note The Local Area Connection is still working even after everything such as msn or mozilla disconnects Here is my IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter EFB D E-B B - C- - D DBC Media State Media disconnected Description TAP VPN Adapter - Packet Scheduler M iniport Physical Address -FF-EF-B - D- E Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - A-AF- - D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Wednesday November AM I m running on Linksys Wireless-G WRT GS with Motorola SB SURFboard Windows XP SP Please try to keep it simple I m not really good with hardware software Thank you everyone for trying to help me If things start to get confusing I ll be asking my sister brother-in-law to assist me That will probably take a few days nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

I have a DLink DIR 615 hard-wired to my NAS drive and I connect to my home network through WLAN. The questions I have is - why is the download from my network drive slower than download speed from the web.

For tests, I initiated a download of 1G+ file from Oracle website and it took me < 15 mins. But when I tried to download the file from my NAS drive, it took me almost 1Hr.

Wondering why such a difference and if it can be fixed/tweaked.

Thanks in advance,
AbbY

A:WLAN intranet dnld vs WLAN internet dnld

Perhaps your NAS is simply slower at moving data out. Maybe you could try connecting with a wire to your DIR 615, effectively making it a switch, and seeing if that affects the transfer speed from your NAS. Or, even better, try a different Ethernet switch, with just your NAS and one computer hooked together. If you still get slow tranfer speeds, then probably either your NAS doesn't support any higher speeds or there is a setting in it that needs changed. If you do this and the transfers go more quickly, then it is probably some setting in your DIR 615 that is causing problems. Or maybe other users were using up bandwidth at the same time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-intranet-dnld-vs-wlan-internet-dnld.1048403/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey, I'm using Windows Vista and i have annoying lagspikes when gaming which really tick me off.What would you recommend.Vista Anti Lag - http://vista-anti-lag.software.informer.com/WLAN Optimizer - http://www.martin-majowski.de/wlanoptimize...d=2&lang=enThank you for your time!

A:VAL vs WLAN

i would test both and pick and keep the one that suits you best and works the best. "The best choice comes from experience"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307883/val-vs-wlan/
Relevancy 33.54%

My WLAN will not connect when i press the button it says No Wireless Device,I checked Device Manager and the only thing in my Network Adapters is NVIDA nForce10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet#2.When i do a search it finds Broadcom 802,11g Network Adapter and when i read its script it says Device Not Found The Device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system.I am at a loss please help

Relevancy 33.54%

I am on a boat near a club which provides g access to their LAN via a Linksys WAP g gt amplifier gt external antenna Aboard the boat I have an external antenna lt amplifier lt Linksys WET g lt Linksys WRT GP The system on my boat was installed by a friend of a friend I can often connect to the club s WLAN but the operation of this system is awkward In terms of challenge this is way more complicated than just having a high output wifi card plugged into my laptop with a pigtail to the external antenna On the other hand I am getting nearly connection quality much of the time and I no longer have to deal with so many cables on the laptop Specifically I have some questions about the setup and configuration of this system I have made some screen captures of configuration panes on the laptop and wonder if I might be able to entice someone to review them This setup is not something you d see all the time I d imagine I could also take some screen caps of the Linksys WET G and WRT GP to share I am a novice to networking and it may be just some elementary oversight that is making this configuration more complicated than it needs to be I would really appreciate if I could make contact with WLAN WLAN to someone on this forum who is open to considering this setup so I can email a system diagram and screen caps I read somewhere on this thread that someone wanted to see the results of ipconfig all gt c results txt Here is what I get from that Windows IP WLAN to WLAN Configuration An internal error occurred The operation completed successfully Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help Additional information Unknown media status code On the other hand when I run the Diagnostic Tools from the Lenovo ThinkVantage quot Access Connections quot application I see the following Physical address mac address of my laptop s built-in wifi adapter IP address Subnet mask Default gateway DNS servers this was specified in configuration This indicates that I am pulling an IP from the shoreside connection that isn t the issue really The questions begin when I am sometimes not able to pull an IP from that on-shore LAN I think if WLAN to WLAN I enable DHCP on my router won t I lose the ability to connect to the wireless bridge I have to use the built-in web style configuration utility in the bridge to survey and connect to the shoreside network sometimes travel with the boat so I have that configured at The wireless router is set at I don t know what else to provide Thank you for your interest nbsp