Windows Support Forum

Multiple routers on same network?

Q: Multiple routers on same network?

I am currently running an all wired ethernet network here in my home The cable comes into my house in the basement At this location sits the cable modem and Multiple routers same on network? my firewall router a D-Link DI- I want to add wireless to my home and have been considering getting a g connection I would like the router access point upstairs on my main floor To me the logical device to buy is an access point that is wired into my current ethernet network However all the access points AP I have seen have been more costly than a wireless router If I purchase a new wireless router can I plug it into my wired network upstairs which ultimately is plugged into my DI- downstairs If this is possible I d assume that these act as two individual Multiple routers on same network? networks Is this true Multiple routers on same network? I want to be able to share a printer and shared folders on my Windows boxes If they are indeed two networks how can my wired PCs see my wireless PCs inside the other network Can I turn Multiple routers on same network? off the firewall features of the wireless network Could anyone offer advice Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Multiple routers on same network?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.52%

Guyz I am having some real issue right now, after introducing a new Wireless Router for the conference the current network suddenly gone bad (Internet running slow, and won't work in some case - but if I disconnect/unplug the new Wireless Router everything is back in business)

Here is my network infrastructure.

The weird things is I got very good signal from New Wireless Router and able to ping most sites but having problem with browser won't loading the page. Also old network tense to lose it connectivity sometime able to use the net and some other time it won't and like I had mention before if I disconnect the new Wireless Router everything back to normal. The real question is, what did I do wrong please help me

A:Network trouble with multiple Routers

With that topology (wiring), I would make sure both wireless routers were
at the opposing ends of the channels; one on channel-1, the other on channel-11.

Set different SSIDs

Make sure ALL routers have the latest firmware
and ALL systems do too. It often makes a difference.

How many systems are on the downlink side of the HUB? You might find
better thruput and more reliability by using a switch.

Hey! Just noticed that the new wireless is attached to the modem-- what gives,
Don't tell me one is via rj45 and the other is USB; this doesn't work!
Move # 2 router to a lan port on router #1,
wireless#1(lan) --->wireless#2(lan) not the WAN!
make it an Access Point and disable DHCP on #2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-trouble-with-multiple-routers.73679/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have two Netgear routers (N150 and DG834) and want to set them up so that in my office (external to the house) I have wired internet connection and in the house wireless, the office is too far away to run the wireless for the house there. The router in the office is connected to the ADSL line with the router in the house connected to it via a network cable.

I have disabled wireless on the office router however when i try to run both routers together I get an IP Address Conflict, I know I need to change the IP address so that they don't conflict but when I have tried this it hasn't worked and I have had to reset the router to the able to access it.

Any advice and / or solutions would be gratefully received.

A:Network Multiple Routers - IP Conflict

If you are cascading the routers (LAN port of first connected to WAN port of second) they have to use different LAN subnets. Since they both probably default to 192.168.1.x change one of them; for example, to 192.168.3.x).

If you want the office and house devices to all be on the same local network connect/configure as follows.

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-multiple-routers-ip-conflict.984628/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have 3 computers in our home network. My computer is in our bedroom with Vista OS which is connected to a USRobotic router that connects to the cable modem. From the USrobotics router there is another network cable that runs down to the basement to a lynksys switch, where a computer with XP Pro is attached(hopping to change it to Linux OS and make it a server) from that switch another cable runs to the garage to a lynksys router that runs a cable to a spare bedroom connecting compact machine with XP home edtion, that has a printer, copier connected to it.
I would like to access that printer from the other 2 computers.
How do I configure the routers to do this? and maybe the switch too.
Thank
Ron

Relevancy 70.09%

I am probably making this more compicated than it is, but here goes:
(picture with 1000 words) Here is what I am trying to accomplish, but I am abit confused by all the various settings, WAN, LAN, Subnet, etc...

Any help / guidance would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Network Setup w/Multiple routers

You can either configure the Netopia 2210N into bridge mode and use the WRT54G as a standard router connected to the WAN port of the Linksys, or configure the WRT54G as a WAP.

In any case, you'll want to configure the Linksys BEFW11s4 as a WAP using the following configuration. This applies to the WRT54G as well if you decide not to bridge the Netopia.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-setup-w-multiple-routers.866917/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have an existing network with Verizon FiOS that has the router built in to the modem We have computers hooked to that network wired wireless I have a server machine that I am using to practice for my MS certification exams I have Windows Server installed It is an Active Directory domain controller with DNS and DHCP multiple routers, clients 1 with 2 server, Network I also have an old laptop with XP Pro Neither of these are on our existing network My goal Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients is to connect these machines to another router with wireless capabilities turned off and then connect this router to the existing one to provide internet access to the new machines I want the server to operate as DNS and Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients DHCP I do not want the router s to do it So the existing router FiOS has an IP of and it gives IP s to the machines connected to it This is fine but when I connect the server and XP machines to the new router I want the server to give out IP addresses not the router I also want to be able to join the XP machine to the AD Domain on the server so I can start playing with RIS and assigning permissions and all the other stuff I Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients need to learn for my exams Existing router Actiontec MI -WR New router Netgear WGR v All computers are XP Pro except for the server and one Windows Ultimate laptop Does anyone know how to do this and make everything work correctly I hope I ve given enough information Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients

You can have domain running in the home with the equipment you have posted above. I did that here myself. You need Windows client OS that supports domain. Pro series does. Server 2003 has NAT feature and can be your router using additional network card. One Card would be labeled WAN and the other would be called LAN. This can be connected to a 5/8/16/24/48-port switch or even add AP to the mix. So it would be modem to Server to external switch. Having the Server with DNS, DHCP and Active Directory active plus the NAT works great. Take some time to get it all working though. For extra SPI hardware firewall I had use one of those belkin wireless turned off wi-fi, DHCP then connected the server LAN to Belkin then back to the switch. This is optional don't have to do this just saying that's how I did it.

Or

Use a wireless router connect only server to and use external switch from the router to your other network devices. This is another way to do with on domain. Doing this way you don't need to install another Nic card in the server box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-with-2-routers-1-server-multiple-clients.145914/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys First of all let me introduce myself as I am new to the forums My name is Max Paine question: one in Baffling networking routers network Multiple and I work as a network technician for a local car wash chain Baffling networking question: Multiple routers in one network I ve finally reached a point in my life where I ve come across a problem I cannot solve and need help with The car wash I work for has multiple internet devices The main internet signal comes from a Verizon DSL Baffling networking question: Multiple routers in one network router with a static IP Now I had a Linksys E running in DHCP mode attached to the primary router and it was working fine I also had a ethernet cable running up to the office on the other side of the building from the E to another E Linksys and it was serving the other side of the building They were all working just dandy until the other day when the E started losing connection and gave every internet page I tried to go to on my front office computers a DNS error Now the E is not working either and doing the same thing I ve tried calling Linksys Verizon everyone to no avail I ve tried DHCP mode and Static IP mode on all routers but nothing comes of it Basically what I m asking is how can I cascade these routers to basically chain them together and let them all have internet access Thanks nbsp

A:Baffling networking question: Multiple routers in one network

When you daisy chain routers they should have different LAN subnets. I say "should" instead of "must" because in some cases you can get away with having them the same, at least for a short while.

The Linksys routers probably both default to 192.168.1.x, so one should be changed (e.g., to 192.168.3.x). And make sure that the Verizon DSL router and Linksys E1200 are using different LAN subnets.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/baffling-networking-question-multiple-routers-in-one-network.1054441/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Im trying to improve my home network Currently I have the modem and wireless router setup in my basement with one computer hardwired to the router and multiple laptops spread throughout the house However the laptops at the top of my house do not have good signal My house is wired with ethernet cabling throughout the house and walls to help or Routers Points Access Need with multiple network home setup What Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers I want to do is to take advantage of this wiring and setup multiple routers or AP s throughout house not sure about difference Also to even allow some laptops to connect with an ethernet cable rather than wireless I am not sure how to do this currently All the ethernet cableing Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers converge in my garage as an unfinished mess see pic I wanted to run a cable from my router to a plug in the wall which would take the signal to my garage I would then need some kind of device like a hub or switch but i am not sure what kind of device I was hoping it would then distribute the signal to the other wires and send it throuought the house I then wanted to connect another device that would like another router or AP in a another part of the house but am unsure what kind of device and how to do so If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers

With Ethernet wiring available you have some nice choices;
use wires to access remote locations
and place wireless in the room(s) needed
Likely you can just wire to each floor and the garage and then let the wireless be accessed from those locations.

The Modem==>#1Router can control all the DHCP assignments and assuming that you only need four remote locations, you can use a 4-port router. If you need more than four, you will need a Switch, eg
Code:
modem==router---switch-- four connections
|
+---- three more connections
Each port from the router is wired to an Access Point or a WiFi router (doesn't matter so use whatever you have). The trick is
disable the dhcp in each Wifi device
attached the ethernet from #1Router to any LAN slot on the WiFi (leaving its Wan slot empty)
This will place all the WiFi on the same subnet as #1 router and sharing et al works across the board

WiFi setups:
start with just one to get the setup running and then you can use that as a template to
config the others. When performing this task, ALWAYS connect a pc to the Wifi device with a cable!

a) change the SSID to something unique to you but not obviously name, address ,,, (
you could add a suffix to it to identify one from the other

b) set a unique channel on each WiFi router to reduce interferrence.
(if you're using a DSL service, then make sure all phones in the house have a new filter attached)

c) enable encryption (WPA2 or WPA in that order) and set the passphrase (can be the same for all wifi devices)

d) for heaven's sake, change the admin password and save it.
(this will disconnect your PC from the device being configure so don't be shocked)

disconnect from the Wifi device and attempt a wireless connection.
Once this works, you can repeat for each of the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-setup-home-network-with-multiple-access-points-or-routers.154687/
Relevancy 54.61%

i need some help with my network it just to all work fine but i cant remember how i had it configured before this is what i got in the basement i have a speedtouch x adsl moden router wich is conected by ethernet cable to a sweex lw n multiple routers wireless router on the first floor from there i have an ethernet cable running to the nd floor on the otherside of the multiple routers house to a linksys wrt g wireless router wich hooks up to my pc and xbox and wirelessly to my brothers laptop in the next room i now have the sweex dhcp disabled and the cable coming up pluged directly into my pc this works i can plug my xbox into my other multiple routers port and this also works but it complains about the nat type being stikt i tried forwarding the ports needed on the speedtouch and enabeling the unp in all diferent combos but it made no difference when i hook up the linksys and then plug the pc and xbox into that i cant connect to the internet can anyone please tell me what to do thanks a lot nbsp

A:multiple routers

You have two secondary routers ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers.854585/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

My landlord has a router, on the 192.168.1.xxx range, ports are forwarded to .1.13(WAN side of my router upstairs), then from there to .2.155 (dumb AP) and THEN to the server .2.31

Yet, I cannot VNC in on 5800 or 5900. I can within the network, not a problem!

Anyone got an idea what's going on here?

A:VNC through multiple routers

hum; cascading routers do create problems when port forwarding is required.

you need each router to port forward to the address of the next router and
the last one forwards to your system for the VNC client.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vnc-through-multiple-routers.105058/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have recently begun to buld my own PCwhich I'm proud of but my question is.
When I have finished it is going to go in my room upstairs.
Would it be possible to attach a router to the new PC upstairs and connect to the other
router(Main) downstairs?

Its just I want to keep speed up and reduce on wiring the routers are wireless.

A:Multiple Routers

It depends on the routers. Most routers only work in infrastructure mode, but some can be configured as a wireless bridge. What are the exact make/models of the routers in question?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers.712212/
Relevancy 54.61%

i am running a home network that works great with no issues except one my computer cant find the others on my network as well as vise versa we have computers in my house the main one is in the middle with the dsl and the main netgear wireless n router wnr b v the internet goes from the dsl into the net gear router then the computer connects off routers multiple of that via Ethernet now i have my computer and its wired as well since i needed some extra ports i used multiple routers another belkin wireless n router i can access both routers via the internet but it shows only under the netgear router page that the main computer and my router r connected as well as the other comp now since it doesnt show me as one of the connections off of the multiple routers router i cant see the other people in my network is there a way to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Does anyone know of a router that can have more than 1 DMZ?? It will be for a small business, so the less complicated the better! Thanks! Alan

Relevancy 54.61%

ok well this is going to sound crazy but here we go i have a ubee cable modem router model number u10c037 out of that i'm going to two linksys wrt54g's to split to all the rooms in my house then in two of the rooms i have linksys befsr41's and finaly in one room i have a net gear wgr614v10 now it works sorta but i keep having to reset them every now and again right now i'm useing all of the down stream routers as switches what i'm asking is why do i have to keep resetting the system and what can i do to keep it from happening if anyone can help me in great detail i would be very happy i think its an ip address problem but not sure

A:Multiple routers 6

Starting from the modem;
isp = = modem --->(WAN port)ROUTER#1​then to have ALL systems on one network, daisy chain from R#1 to the next but
ONLY connect (LAN)-->(LAN) between all the others. Router#1 will now control
al DHCP assignments - - even for any WiFi router in the chain.

This requires that ONLY R#1 have an active DHCP, so each of the others need
to be set to disable DHCP.

1) One-by-one, connect Router#x via wire to a system, use your browser to access the
router default address, login using the user/password for that router, and DISABLE DHCP.

2) Many routers come preconfigured for lan address 192.168.x.1 where x is 0,1, or 2

Every network can never have duplicate IP address and if allowed, will case network failures.

As you disable the DHCP, also set a new default LAN address 10.0.x.1
where X is 1,2,3,... N and use a new X for each one you've fixed.
Thus, if ever they are wired R1(lan)--(wan)R2---(wan)R3---(wan)R4)
the addresses would be 10.0.1.1-->10.0.2.1-->10.0.3.1-->10.0.4.1
(but you don't want that for routing table reasons)

3) also change the default password for each router.
If your system login password is abcdefg,
you might set the primary router#1 password to abcdefg#1
router#2 to abcdefg#2 and so on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-routers-6.177545/
Relevancy 54.61%

Usually the home user has little need for two or more routers To get more connectivity one only needs to add multiple Tip: routers using a switch hub switch is preferred to the existing router and more slots become available for more systems The typical case for the home user to add a router is expanding a wired LAN and adding wireless connectivity at the same time The issue will be the configurability of both Tip: using multiple routers routers The setup will look like Code modem -- routerA ---- routerB ---b-systems ------ a-systems Which router is existing vs new really doesn t matter other than getting the configuration correct If I had my choice however the B-router would be my new wireless router for security reasons later described A wireless Access Point would also fit nicely in the router-B location CONFIGURATION Both routers will need to be configured likely hardwired at first to one of your systems You will need to access your router s configuration page which is brand-name dependent Netgear D-Link Linksys Belkin Once you ve logged into the router Tip: using multiple routers be sure to set a new admin password TWO Tip: using multiple routers parameters will determine success failure of the configuration the router s ip-address and the subnet mask of course you need the other stuff too but these determine the data flow The typical problem that can arise is the inability to set the subnet mask to a value that will work -- some vendors get parochial and force some assumption that cause problems sorry no I don t have a list Here s what needs to be created Router-A ip-address must be higher numerically than router-B eg X versus Y where X gt Y Secondly the subnet mask for router-A must allow traffic to flow down to router-B A typical subnet mask for home users would be but this would allow traffic ONLY for the router-A where the b X b value was an exact match thus dropping traffic for router-B What we need is a subnet mask more like your X value will then be thru Your vendor may not let you set a value like in the third position or if it does it might get reset when you save the configuration edit If this occurs to you you can try an alternative class-b addresses like X vs Y These addresses require a different subnet mask and the parochial rules need to be dropped -- give it try at least You also might try swapping the devices and trying the steps above again If that doesn t work either you re just SOL -- S out of luck punt and return the last device purchased Each router can still auto config its devices using DHCP Be sure to save the configuration AND restart the router Router-B needs only to meet the rule where X gt Y and may use the typical subnet mask With at least one system hardwired to each router you should now be able to a ping your ISP from all systems b ping from a-system to b-system and conversely when this works correctly the routers are ready for general use and the wireless setup can be configured for channel ssid and wap wep encryption Security Whichever router has the wireless enabled should be considered your untrusted subnet and have the firewalls configured to not allow print file sharing You can implement this on each system s firewall OR use that router s port forwarding feature to protect all system just forward ports to a non-existing system If you really need print file sharing then by all means force your devices to known IP addresses by mapping the MAC addresses of the NIC adaptor and keep a consecutive ip address set for your systems allow print file sharing ONLY for this narrow range of address in your firewalls In this case obviously you can t use the port forwarding trick above In addition your wireless router will have an SSID and allow WAP WEP encryption features You really should implement WAP or at least WEP nbsp

A:Tip: using multiple routers

how to setup wireless router to wireless router
please give me some help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tip-using-multiple-routers.67726/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I ve got a bit of an intermediate setup which probably isn t going to be long-term but I can t think of a logical reason why it shouldn t work so I between multiple routers Conflict d like to solve it after all how do you learn about things if you don t give it a go I have combined DSL modem amp wireless router providing internet access quot wirelessly quot to multiple PCs at home I also have a wired router connected to our main PC also connected to a NAS HD which I use to back-up music and photos- this wired router has no other connection inc internet For info the NAS HD used to be connected to the wireless router but the bandwidth wasn t high enough to support the large volume of data when I was backing Conflict between multiple routers up particularly when our laptop was being used to go online So in summary- the subject PC is connected by wires to a NAS HD via a wired router but accesses the internet via a wireless router modem My problem is that there seems to be a conflict between the arrangements- I m a novice when it comes to setting up networks so I may well have missed something obvious I have ensured Conflict between multiple routers the routers have different IPs wireless and wired but other than that are left with basic automatic settings There was a short time when all seemed to be working in harmony but shortly afterwards only one set of network connections will work at a time i e disable the wired network adapter and the wireless connection to the internet works fine disable the wireless adapter and the wired connection to the NAS works fine I ve plugged all known IPs into my software firewall and even disabled the firewall and it has no effect I ve seen in other places there are some system states that can help diagnose so I ve included them below- from them I notice that quot tunnel adapter local area connections quot seem to share the same physical address The IPv DUIDs for both network adapters are Conflict between multiple routers the same Could they be what s causing the problem here Cheers Mark ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mark Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - E- E-D -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-AC- D- - - D- - - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V- Network Connection Physical Address - D- - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac d a e ccfe a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-AC- D- - - D- - - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap stuff Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes route print Interface List e e d f Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card d d Intel R V- Network Connection Software Loopback Interface e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e isatap stuff IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface ... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone here is my idea I would like to connect routers to switch hub where server computer and client computers will connect to the switch hub ROUTER A ROUTER B ROUTER C GATEWAY ROUTER ROUTER DHCP enabled DHCP disabled DHCP disabled Help! multiple routers... Connecting SERVER COMPUTER PC PC IP ADDRESS - DEFAULT GATEWAY ROUTER - Connecting multiple routers... Help! SUBNET MASK - PC PC PC PC IP ADDRESS - DEFAULT GATEWAY ROUTER - SUBNET MASK - PC PC PC PC IP ADDRESS - DEFAULT GATEWAY ROUTER - SUBNET MASK - All of this will connect to the switch hub I hope it is not confusing cause I m a bit confused myself I need help on whether this setup will work I want the server computer to see all computers and will be able to access them I am also confused about the DNS server address what should I address to each router In case you were wondering why didn t I get a fat pipe and connect all the computers to it instead I took pipes and grouped the computers into routers Hmmm well I guess it looks fun to do it I would like to here from you guys gals before I even start this project I am open for questions suggestions and even criticisms Thanks in advance guys I am looking forward for your feedback nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I've got a bit of an intermediate setup which probably isn't going to be long-term but I can't think of a logical reason why it shouldn't work so I'd like to solve it after all how do you learn about things if you don't give it a go - I have combined DSL modem amp wireless router providing internet access quot wirelessly quot to multiple PCs at home I also have a wired router connected to our main PC also connected to a NAS HD which I use to back-up music and photos- this wired routers Conflict multiple between router has no other connection inc internet For info the NAS HD used to be connected to the wireless router but the bandwidth wasn't high enough to support the large volume of data when I was backing up particularly when our laptop was being used to go online So in summary- the subject PC is connected by wires to a NAS HD via a wired router but accesses the internet via a wireless router modem My problem is that there seems to be a conflict between the arrangements- I'm a novice when it comes to setting up networks so I may well have missed something obvious I have ensured the routers have different IPs wireless and wired but other than that are left with basic automatic settings There was a short time when all seemed to be working in harmony but shortly afterwards only one set of network connections Conflict between multiple routers will work at a time Conflict between multiple routers i e disable the wired network adapter and the wireless connection to the internet works fine disable the wireless adapter and the wired connection to the NAS works fine I've plugged all known IPs into my software firewall and even disabled the firewall and it has no effect I've seen in other places there are some system states that can help diagnose so I've included them below- from them I notice that quot tunnel adapter local area connections quot seem to share the same physical address The IPv DUIDs for both network adapters are the same Could they be what's causing the problem here Cheers Mark ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mark Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - E- E-D -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-AC- D- - - D- - - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V- Network Connection Physical Address - D- - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac d a e ccfe a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-AC- D- - - D- - - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap stuff Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes route print Interface List e e d f Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card d d Intel R V- Network Connection Software Loopback Interface e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e isatap stuff IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link O... Read more

A:Conflict between multiple routers

Sorry for the zombie post, but I was running into the same issue and this thread was the only thing I could find that was similar to the issue I was experiencing with duplicate DUIDs. I just wanted to post a solution here so other people could discover the fix via google as I hoped to.

In my case, I obtained duplicate DUIDs from imaging a Windows 7 machine on Altiris and applying that image to another computer. If you used any back-up system to quickly get two machines up and running (Ghost, Altiris, LANDesk), there is a chance that the registry values that cause this issue were merely copied.

After doing some searches through the registry, I found the following values:

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\TCPIP6\Parameters\Dhcpv6DUID
HKLM\System\ControlSet002\services\TCPIP6\Parameters\Dhcpv6DUID

Those strings should contain that computer's DUID. Change the DUID so it matches the correct hardware address. Once you have changed the strings, restart. It should then give the new DUID you assigned it. Hopefully, this works for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/280833-conflict-between-multiple-routers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

wire - HG-E modem wire com index php p - Belkin FSD - Wireless N Routers tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Ok what I have is a resturant who has ATT dsl with a wire modem don t care about the wireless apart to far to be effective would like to disable it They would like to have wireless internet for their customers in the dining room so i ran a cat e line from Multiple Wireless Routers the modem to the first Belkin router and everything works fine Its an open connection so anyone can come in and connect with their laptop From there i ran from port one jack to another Belkin router also in the ceiling for the owner She wants this one to be secure so no one can access her files Multiple Wireless Routers or laptop I put this one as quot access point quot and secured it with a bit wep key Now for some reason as an acces point i can connect with my laptop using the network key i m using xp but we can not get her laptop vista to connect It sees the signal when you quot veiw availble wireless connections quot but it won t Multiple Wireless Routers connect Strange thing is when i use that router as a regular router instead of an access point we can all see it as available but no one can connect not even me This lady is very nervous about her signal and wants her part to be secure she even had me hook up her all in one to the secured router so she could print fax wirelessly over her secured router Any ideas why i can connect to the secured quot access point quot with my laptop but we can t connect with hers nbsp

A:Multiple Wireless Routers

Disable the wireless part of the 2wire and have it just act as a DHCP server through it's switch (I assume it is also a switch). Connect the belkin routers to your switch (2wire) with a cat5 cable. Set both belkin routers as access points with different ip's (you might have to do one at a time if they share the same ip) and have them use the same SSID and different channels. I know this works with two routers of the same type/brand.. not sure if it will work with your setup.. As far as people accessing your laptop files all you have to do is turn file and print sharing off on that particular pc/laptop and will not even show up when you browse the network.. If you need to have file sharing on you could set the appropriate permissions when you share a drive/folder so that only certain people (your boss) can access it as well as require a password for access. This way anybody can connect to the wifi without a password and no one can access your laptop. There is no way to gain access of her laptop if file sharing is turned off, not only that if if it is XP or later it will have a firewall built in to prevent exactly that.

Edit: You might not even need the second belkin if your laptop is within range of the first belkin and if that's the case you might just be able to use the 2wire. I dont know the distances you are dealing with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-wireless-routers.113805/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,

I am trying to connect together two identical Netgear wireless routers (WGT624 v3) to extend my network. This is what I have so far...

A Virgin Media modem connected to Wireless Router 1. Also wired to the router is my Main PC. This router is currently configured to enable wireless access. From this I have installed a cat5 cable to wireless router 2 which is downstairs.

To this router I would like to connect an XBox, a Wii and another PC. All devices will be wired and I'm not bothered about using the router as a wireless access point.

I have disabled DHCP on the second router and switched off wireless access. I've also given router 2 an ip address of 192.168.1.2 still no joy - can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

Relevancy 53.32%

I hate to ask what is probably a simple question but after days of forum searching and hours upon hours of tweaking I still can t make this work I config multiple routers/gateway have a Dlink di- gatway with an ip Netgear WGT Wireless router ip Linksys WRK Wireless router ip Currently I am only using the Netgear wireless router set up with a static IP address from my ISP using one of the LAN ports for a Dell server which is for storage and set up for FTP use so I multiple routers/gateway config can remotley upload download files I am wanting to use the Dlink as a gatway connecting the Netgear server for business use and connecting the Linksys for a guest wireless access point so clients can access the internet without seeing the Netgear server Cable Modem Dlink---------------------- Netgear Linksys Server You name it I ve tried it and I can t get it to work The last thing I tried was setting up the Dlink with all of the correct static ip info which worked because I can access the internet I then turned off the DHCP on the Netgear and tried to change the LAN from to the ip range the DLink gave me was from - but it didn t work I can t even log back into the admin page of the Netgear using the -I have to reset it and start over I ve tried connecting LAN to WAN LAN to LAN nothing Haven t even attempted the Linksys because I can t even get the Netgear to work lol Thanks in advance for any help I truly appreciate it nbsp

A:multiple routers/gateway config

First off, you would have the guest computers connect to the router connected directly to the Internet feed, and the secure connections on a router daisy-chained off the primary router. This protects the secure connections using the NAT layer of the secondary router. I have no idea what you plan on doing with the 3rd router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-gateway-config.799117/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello to all. I think this may be a general network question, but as I use Vista...

So... I have this network with a switch and two routers. The routers are connected to the switch. I connect a laptop directly to router B (i.e. not to the switch), because router A is meant to be used by other PCs. The network activity icon shows that it's connected to the network from router B, but when I run "ipconfig" in the command prompt, it shows the default gateway etc. from router A!! More specifically, it should show 192.168.1.254, but it shows 192.168.1.1. How can this be??

Thanks in advance.

A:False gateway with multiple routers?

The router gateway in virtually all routers has the last number in the IP address set to 1. Have you modified the settings in router B somehow so that the gateway is 254?

Ed

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/276922-false-gateway-multiple-routers.html
Relevancy 53.32%

OK so right now we are running a Comcast Gateway with a Netgear router attached to that Right now we are able to access everything we need to wireless internet works can access the server can questions, routers multiple Networking access the server remotely but there are a few problems Let me preface by saying I m sure things are hooked up how they are Networking questions, multiple routers supposed to be hooked up Here is how things are setup configured Cable connection running to the Comcast SMC gateway this box has pc s hardwired into it and the router The Comcast box has DHCP enabled The Router is obtaining a static IP from the Comcast gateway and has its connection running from the WAN port to an open port on the router We have pc and an office printer hardwired into Networking questions, multiple routers the router and several laptops running off of the wireless DHCP is also enabled on the router The problems were having are probably obvious to the people here but some of our machines are getting assigned IP s while the router is assigning IP s I ve tried to disable DHCP on the router and then we are not able to connect anything wireless or the computer hard wired into the router We ve tried disabling DHCP on the Comcast gateway and run into a similar problem with losing connectivity on the computers plugged into the router Ideally what should we be doing here I d really just like to use the Comcast gateway as a means to the internet only and run all of our PC s and wireless through the router how would I go about doing this Also we ran into another problem today with the Remote Desktop we are able to remote in to one of the servers in the office just fine but we tried to set up an additional computer to accept a remote and what I did was change the listening port to and then port forwarded to that PC from the Comcast Gateway this computer is plugged directly into the gateway I am able to connect to the remote desktop using the PC s local IP but can not connect from the outside and when I test the port it says port is closed and not listening when I try to remote in I use IP Address as I should but it just times out and the port comes up closed when I check it via the web Is there anything additional I need to do on the PC to ensure it is listening or is this completely controlled via the gateway Any feedback would be appreciated we are just trying to get everything hooked up as seamless as possible here Thank you for reading nbsp

A:Networking questions, multiple routers

To have everything on the same LAN keep the Comcast modem/router as is but use the Netgear as only ethernet switch and, optionally, wireless access point per the following procedure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-questions-multiple-routers.998471/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Guys I recently started working for a company that lost their IT person and until they find someone much more qualified than Networks Routers and Multiple Clashing I I have agreed to help where I can I am the most tech-savvy individual working here and that is Multiple Routers and Networks Clashing really really sad Currently I am having an issue with three Linksys routers Multiple Routers and Networks Clashing They are being used as access points to distribute a WiFi network spanning the entire store The routers all broadcast the same SSID and have an IP address of xxx I can connect to these routers but am unable to access the internet There are other routers of different makes and models broadcasting their own SSIDs but also use the xxx scheme Only ONE router using the xxx address has Internet connectivity The former IT employee has no desire to share information or be contacted I am trying to figure out what they were trying to do and how to fix it Any ideas or advice to point me in the right direction would be insanely appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-and-networks-clashing.1159110/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey,

So my dilemma is this. I have a large facility and want to use my already existing wireless routers as access points. I have a 2 Linksys WRT54Gs ethernet connected to a DSL router. The router IP addresses are as follows:

192.168.1.1 - main DSL router
192.168.1.2 - 1st WRT54G
192.168.1.3 - 2nd WRT54G

I also have them all set to the same SSID (which I want) and automatic channel selection. My problem that I'm experiencing is that my iPads and iPod touches keep dropping connection on me. They'll drop or sometimes have a very slow connection and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it! I have a reliable 7mbps DSL connection and that's more then plenty for me. I'd like to tear all my devices back to factory reset and program them again, the right way this time.

Please let me know what I should do.

Thanks.

A:Multiple Routers as Access Points - HELP!

I won't try to tell you what you should do, but I'll mention some possible causes of the symptoms.

When a wireless router (or wireless access point) is allowed automatic channel selection it often gets carried away with all the freedom and responsibility. There is a good chance that some or all are frequently changing channels or checking to see if a better one exists and can't be bothered with giving 100% attention to its clients. In case its not obvious, when the access point changes channels there is at least a brief disconnect until the client connects to the new channel.

When Windows has the opportunity to connect to multiple networks with the same SSID it will choose one at random (not necessarily the strongest) and sometimes randomly decide to disconnect and then connect to a different one (not necessarily a stronger one). iOS likely works similarly.

Some hints: if you want fairly reliable connections use different SSIDS, make your own choice of channel assignments, and either assign each device to use only one of those, or if iOS gives you a way to prioritize connections do so with care.

If you want good roaming and good connections relinquish the requirement for using independent WAPs or routers and open your wallet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-as-access-points-help.1097856/
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm trying to set up a wireless workgroup at home and am wondering if I'm doing it right so far. Here's how I have it configured so far....maybe someone can tell me if I'm on the right track:

1. 1 DSL modem/4 port switch/wireless capable(IP 192.168.1.1)(DHCP with range from 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.100) with a hardwire from one of the ports to the Internet/Uplink port on a linksys 4 port/wireless router(IP 192.168.1.2)

2. First router on channel 1, second on channel 6

3. Both have the same SSID

4. Both are WEP enabled with the same key

That's all I can remember for now. I'm trying to have seamless crossover when moving away from one router and getting closer to the other. Also, will I need to configure anything on the routers to have File and Printer Sharing work? I have read that NetBIOS has some issues with using multiple wireless routers.

A:Configuring multiple wireless routers

I'd make them different SSID's. You can put both of them in the list of preferred connections. That's how I run my routers, but I use WPA here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-multiple-wireless-routers.496862/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey All,

I have a question regarding extending my wireless network throughout my building.

I have on hand three Linksys WRT54GL wireless routers and am wanting to use all three to expand the coverage area of my signal.

What I am thinking is, using the latest firmware from Linksys, hard wiring the cable modem to the main router and then configuring each of the other two routers with a different IP, placing them a distance in either direction from the main central router. It sounds logical on paper, but can it be done?

If so, can anyone walk me through the process, or at least direct me to a link where this process is explained in detail?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 53.32%

I am in the process of planning multiple wireless routers for my church complex. My question is "not" how to setup up multiple wireless routers. I want to know before I start can I place a properly configured multiple wirelesss router on a on/off switch to shut off the AC power. I only want some of routers to be be used for special occasions and mostly be turn off.

I will not be there when they are needed so all I want is someone to do is turn on the power by flipping a switch. And the unprotected wireless signal would be available. When finished for the sure period it will agin be shut off. Will the wireless router maintain the correct configuration.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have what I consider a very basic understanding of networking I work for an IT solutions provider and a restaurant chain which we support needs to fix a PCI compliance issue The network at the location was put in place a year ago with little documentation My goal is to move a DVR device for CCTV system away from the PoS machine because the DVR requires a port open which is not good for PCI compliance if both are behind same router I apologize for ignorance or lack of any details you might need to help me if there s some info I need to dig up I d be happy + to How modem routers multiple use bridged to find it I m in a rough spot trying to fix this This is how they are set up They How to use bridged modem + multiple routers have a bridged modem which is the first thing that the DSL line comes into My impression is that the proper way to use multiple routers with a bridged modem is to have a quot main router quot which will be the director if you will All the other routers should then plug into that main router as opposed to having multiple routers plugged into a bridged modem I ve confirmed that for whatever reason TWO Linksys Firewall Routers are plugged into this bridged modem which is a Netopia Again I apologize but I don t have the model numbers This brings me to my first couple of questions If two routers are plugged into the same bridged modem how would they behave Wouldn t they be fighting for control to be the quot main router quot Is it possible to set up two routers to connect to the same modem if some advanced configuration is made I actually would like to AVOID using a main router with the other routers connected to that if possible One of the routers has desktop PC and a Point of Sale system connected to it Router A if you will the other has some IP phones connected to it Router B Router B always times out when I try to access the console and I ve been told that in order to fix that I need to reset the router The problem is I can t afford to lose all those settings because I don t know how the company who installed IP phones configured that one The reason I mention this is to further stress that I don t want to have to reconfigure the existing routers However even though it times out when I try to access console it will assign me an IP properly I don t know what that really means I made sure to double check the gateway IP for that router is correctly typed into web browser At the moment the routers seem to be somehow working fine even though they are both plugged into a single bridged modem What I would like to do is add a third router that will only have the DVR device plugged into it My guess is that since Router B does have connectivity it gives me an IP and I can connect to internet when plugged into it I should set up this third router Router C plugged into router B and go ahead to configure Router C however is necessary for the DVR to function correct Give Router C a different gateway than the others forward the port that the DVR needs etc Is this a viable solution Some of my concern is that I m getting mixed messages from AT amp T technicians I have talked to Supposedly when there are routers connected to a bridge at least one of them need to have the PPPoE Username Password johndoe att net entered on it In a situation like this does router A and B BOTH need to have PPPoE user pass entered What about Router C Since router C is plugged into router B does that eliminate the need to enter PPPoE info Is it possible to only use the routers in static mode as opposed to PPPoE with user pass For example I just enter the primary and secondary DNS which the ISP uses give all the devices a WAN IP using the block of fixed IPs the ISP gives us Will that eliminate the need to use PPPoE mode with user pass And finally my last question would be In getting this DVR set up on Router C should I just go ahead to connect it to Router B and try using Router C in static mode with all the right numbers or go ahead to use the... Read more

A:How to use bridged modem + multiple routers

One thing I noticed from reading your post was that the problem you are trying to solve (not having the port opened to the DVR on the same network as the PoS) would not be solved by placing router C behind router B. You would still have to open the port on router B to allow it to pass to router C. Wouldn't this be the same as opening the port in router B to allow it to pass to the DVR (if the DVR was connected to router B)?

As far as the issues with AT&T, you can only program the IP addresses that they assign to you in the routers. They should be able to tell you how many IP addresses are assigned to your customer. If you have a router behind another router, only the one connected to the modem would have an IP address from the ISP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-use-bridged-modem-multiple-routers.161057/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all Would like some advice idiots guide if possible to setup the following I would like to have two separate networks running at home XX and XX Subnet home routers help and Multiple which are completely separate from each other bar the ability for both to have access to my ADSL internet connection I would like one network to act as a Dev network where I might plug client machines into etc and one as my main network So effectively I will have one network which is my main home network running on X which all my home machines etc run on and have access to my main router or gateway to the internet Gateway IP is and I will also have a seperate Dev network running on X which I can plug any PC laptop etc that I am working on into which won t have network access to the other X network for security purposes but will Multiple home routers and Subnet help have access to my ADSL gateway so they get internet access like the other network Is this possible And if so would someone please be able to give me a walkthrough on how to setup it up Current hardware is Main gateway router Netgear DG N on IP Wifi access point Netgear WNR on IP Spare unused router to work on the Dev network Draytek Vigor IP to be Multiple home routers and Subnet help confirmed Is it possible to do the above with my existing hardware Multiple home routers and Subnet help I e not have to go out and purchase some expensive equipment Many many many thanks to any kind soul that is able to help nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I Multiple and port forwarding routers am trying to access home security camera from outslide my house I have an AT amp T internet coming into the house They have a router that comes into the house and that splits off to another router in my house which carriers CAT all over the house One of the wires go Multiple routers and port forwarding to another router that I use for my wireless devices One of those wireless devices is an security camera Here is my question I want to view the camera from the internet outside the house I have followed the instructions given by the manufacture for port forwarding I have port forwarded the wireless router since the camera is connected to it Is that wrong since the DSL is coming in one router and then going to another and then to the wireless I guess I am just trying to find out what is right way to make this work since the way I am doing things now does not seem to be working nbsp

A:Multiple routers and port forwarding

Are you sure the second one is a router and not a switch? What is the need for so many damn routers?

Once you port forward from the router with the security camera try and access it on your LAN behind the second router. You will have to set up port forwarding on all routers that are gateway devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-and-port-forwarding.1006099/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post !
I was actually looking forward to setup multiple routers at our college(I know its quite late) where we have quite a good network of ethernet cables. Also, almost every cluster/lab has its own switch and we use static IPs with proxy to one network address(192.168.130.2). The user should be able to travel across multiple ROUTER/AP zones without changing connections.
I am sorry if I ask too much but after searching for several hours, all I got was I have to do something with MAC cloning and SSIDs.
Thanks,
Shalabh

<Email removed by moderator - ETAF>

Relevancy 53.32%

Techrepublic has a nice description of supernets a means to add network devices without the necessity of usage multiple of supernets; routers extra ROUTE ADD configurations which does supernets; usage of multiple routers not work in XP Home From Techrepublic Why would I want to use supernetting ISPs frequently use supernetting to allocate IP addresses most effectively There may be scenarios where you have many LANS WLANs or VLANs that might be optimally suited for supernetting to best administer your network needs Keep in mind that supernetting introduces complexity to network administration that needs thorough planning testing documentation and administrator competence Most new routing equipment and current operating systems support CIDR in their implementation of the TCP IP protocol However before a supernetting implementation it is critical to ensure that all components supernets; usage of multiple routers of your network are supernetting-aware This includes operating systems network services routers routing protocols RIP for example does not support CIDR and any network-based services used on your network While the usual devices are sufficient for most of us the assumption is there s only one router Adding multiple routers is wasteful UNLESS there s a specific need such as adding wireless support to a wired network another alternative is an Access Point The advantage of a second router is grouping devices and controlling access via firewall rules eg You would very much like to protect your wireless subnet a b d in this example so as to exclude all uninvited systems allow all on subnet a b c lt lt your wired subnet allow only a b d lt lt your wireless laptop deny all a b d lt lt your wireless subnet the ordering is significant in the rules and ensure that only the system at a b d will be allowed access to the system which has these firewall rules But getting the discrete IP addresses to flow is a prerequisite to this kind of control The secret is the subnet mask see article details here nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/supernets-usage-of-multiple-routers.69670/
Relevancy 53.32%

So I have several computers behinds a Connecting outside behind to computers multiple the routers from Linksys router I would like to access each computer through the outside by adding another name as a network prefix Let s say each computer would be designated as Mouse Cat and Dog Take SSH for example I would want to SSH into one computer using port by means of ssh email protected and the other by ssh email protected I know I could just use different ports for Connecting to multiple computers behind routers from the outside ssh and have them be forwarded to the different computers with the router and achieve the same effect but I was wondering how I would Connecting to multiple computers behind routers from the outside do it this other way How would this setup work Does it use a DNS server I know I can access different machines on my school this way but I was curious on how this is actually implemented and if I could do it on my home network You don t have to give me specific details just a general direction into what I can research Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I know that you can stack linksys routers on top of eachother and have them all set to recive a IP address from the main one. But is this possible with wireless routers? I have 2 linksys wireless routers and i want my setup to be so that both can be wireless at the same time. At opposit ends of the house this should give my fairly large house a strong signal all around. But how would i do this with wireless? Would problems occur like setting the same SSID for each seperate router? Would this create 2 seperate SSID's to connect to?

The reason why is because instead of spending the money for a range extender, or higher gain antennas. I could use this extra unused router.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

I'm very new to networking so please forgive my lack of understanding!

Recently moved into a mates house, the router for the Internet is a Netgear Super G and manages to transmit a pretty good signal to most of the house - apart from my room at the other side of the house.

Now, I also have the same router (Netgear Super G) and was wondering if it was possible to use this to boost/spread the signal to reach my room?
The router has one modem input and 4 Ethanet cable sockets...

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
James

A:Using multiple routers to boost/spread a signal

I don't consider networking my strongest point.

But I'm pretty certain you can't if anything they would probably knock each others signal out (if they're on the same channel).

There are signal boosters you can buy but they're not very good either, if you want some extra speed out of your wireless I would advice getting a "N" router, it's one up from Super G but you need an "N" adapter for your computer as well.

Hope this answered your question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-multiple-routers-to-boost-spread-a-signal.106320/
Relevancy 52.46%

Ok so here is the issue that I ran into multiple routers with wired/wireless Homegroup and In my home I originally had just a wireless belkin router connected to my comcast modem which was an access point for wireless computers and one wired computer in my office I have just recently started using windows on all my computers here and I wanted to set up a homegroup so that I can share music and movies throughout the house from one computer in my office Now the issue is that I added a second computer to my office to use as the storage for all my media but to do that I needed to add another router which is not wireless I have the second router running off of the wireless router to add more connections in my office and not have a bunch of wires running through the house The problem now is that when I create a homegroup from the computer connected through the second router it cannot see any of the wireless computers that connect through the first wireless router and vice versa Is there a solution for this problem or am I stuck with having to run all wired and wireless connections from one router Please help as I am stuck here and I want to move forward with my HTPC project without having all the external drives cluttering the downstairs living room as I am expecting a child in a few months and want as few things as Homegroup with wired/wireless and multiple routers possible in reach of those little hands Thank you in advance Dragonschild

A:Homegroup with wired/wireless and multiple routers

Can the computer connected to the second router get to the internet? Can you describe how you have the 2 routers wired together?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/72912-homegroup-wired-wireless-multiple-routers.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there! I am new to the board and hoping someone can help me.

I belong to an Online Record Pool, and go to the website to download music often (yes it is a legal thing and I do pay money for it).

Before setting up the router on my system, i was always able to start and download up to 10 files at one time. Now, I have a cable router here and I can only seem to get 2 downloads going simultaneously.

Does anyone know how I can get myself back to where I was? I am using a Linksys BEFSR81 ver. 2 Cable Router. Linksys suggested playing with the MTU settings, but this does not seem to change how may downloads I can peform at one time.

Thank you for the help!

A:[SOLVED] Cable Routers and Multiple Downloads

Increase Internet Download Connections

Increase Simultaneous Internet Download Connections
Increases the number of allowed simultaneous connections to ten (10).
[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Setting for Value Data: [0000000a]
Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer
Setting for Value Data: [0000000a]
Exit Registry and Reboot
remember backup your registry before trying this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cable-routers-and-multiple-downloads.122099/
Relevancy 52.46%

OK I am setting up some cameras and want to make sure I am going about it correctly Here is the layout Cable MODEM ------------------linksys ports forwarded to linksys IP amp SFE P- IP --------------- linksys ports forwarded to SFE P IP linksys SFE P ports forwarded to camera IP s Linksys SFE P needed ports forwarded to camera IP s The IP s of linksys amp are widely know from the factory so I had no trouble accessing the setup pages and doing the port forwarding but the SFE P is set to a dynamic IP from the factory How can I find that address port and routers multiple switches forwarding with so I can access the setup pages to finish the port forwarding Should I connect my laptop to the SFE P and just have the linksys and the modem connected and run a network scanner Like I said I think I have this port forwarding with multiple routers and switches correct but just want to make sure Thanks for any help James Bond Universal Exports nbsp

A:port forwarding with multiple routers and switches

Any router in front of the first one should be configured as a switch, plug only into the LAN ports and turn off DHCP, otherwise you are just asking for headaches. Then do all your port forwarding from the router directly in front of the cable modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding-with-multiple-routers-and-switches.957058/
Relevancy 52.03%

My house has DSL net running first through a 20-port switch with internet jacks running all through the house. Plugged into one of the wall jacks is a Linksys wireless router. Printer and file sharing works between all computers connected to the main router, but I haven't been able to use any laptops wirelessly connected to the net for networked printing or filesharing. Is this possible?

Relevancy 52.03%

I work at a small school where all teachers take on ancillary roles and mine is as the lead tech teacher which mostly involves providing support and training for applications and instructional technology Our school has multiple buildings constructed of concrete creating or campus? for wireless routers a repeaters multiple block wood and stucco most of which only contain classrooms each All rooms are wired for internet access I have been using a wireless router in my room for several years so that I can do presentations from my laptop with a projector in the middle of the room We now have several laptops and have received funds to make the entire campus wireless I ve been asked to handle this My question is should I put in several routers or just one with a series of repeaters The wireless connection would be strictly for internet access not for creating a network of connected drives printers etc Currently only the computers in the computer lab multiple routers or repeaters for creating a wireless campus? are networked together though we do occasionally have a problem with one teachers documents appearing in another teacher s printer I suspect this is because the printers all have the same name nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I've read other topics about it here, but my situation is somewhat unique.

1) I can successfully ping websites from the command line (PC)/Network utility (Mac), but can't open any pages in internet browsers. This applies to all devices/OS/browsers (Win 8, OSX, iOS, Android) as well as apps and software that requires Internet access in the household.

2) The incoming e-mails (in Mac mail app) go through.

3) I have 2 routers ? AirPort Time Capsule and the standard router from ISP. I tried them both, same zero result (ping - yes, browsing - no).

ISP hesitates to send help, they don't see any issues on their side of the line yet.

Not posting any logs since it's a multiple devices/routers situation.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-access-to-websites-able-to-ping-multiple-devices-routers.1157473/
Relevancy 52.03%

I've been using the Belkin wireless G router for various wireless networks I've setup due to it having a very useful feature: multiple security passwords.

One password gives full LAN access to wireless connected computers.

The other password, the "guest" password, allows wireless access to the Internet only. This functionality would have solved this user's issue perfectly.

Anywho, does anyone know of any other brand of wireless router that offers this kind of functionality? I'm no longer interested in Belkin products, due to an absolutely horrendous support issue I had with them, so I'm looking for another wireless router brand to start using.

Thanks!

Peace...

A:Solved: Looking for wireless routers with multiple security passwords

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-looking-for-wireless-routers-with-multiple-security-passwords.653287/
Relevancy 52.03%

Please responed...

This is what i really hope to set up.
Its really all there..
if someone could tell me what i have to do...

BTW- the routers are both linksys.

The Link--- img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mynetworkqr0.png

thanks!!

A:Please Help Answer About My New Network And 2 Wireless Routers in One Network

I know English is not your first language... What is your question? Your link isn't posted properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-answer-about-my-new-network-and-2-wireless-routers-in-one-network.107291/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys awesome site and thanks for the help in advance I have kind of a strange situation with my wireless I have a modem and wireless router on my top floor and I am trying to get internet connection multiple Problem... Wireless sharing routers possible? or Internet access to my xbox without buying Wireless Problem... Internet connection sharing or multiple routers possible? the wireless adapter if at all possible Two things I want to know about Internet Connection Sharing and multiple routers I am not sure if the multiple routers is a possibility but I know Internet Connection Sharing used to work and no longer does now So Internet- gt Modem- gt Wireless Router- gt Laptop Vista I have a laptop connected to my wireless and plug it into the xbox with a network cable When I first got it this worked perfectly after I simply enabled Sharing in the connection settings After I reset the modem and router for some other stuff it stopped working ICS is still enabled in settings and my xbox fails finding an IP address for some reason I tried the settings on automatic and it does not work The xbox has an option to input custom settings like IP subnet mask gateway DNS and MAC stuff What could be stopping the ICS from working like it did before What settings should I input and what steps should I go through I have an extra old wireless router laying around Can you connect a wireless router to the internet through wireless internet Or can I share the connection from laptop- gt nd router- gt xbox ICS sounds like the easiest option because it used to work with the same setup I have now and doesn t require a bunch of extras Thanks a lot It was a stretch buying an xbox right now you would all be lifesavers if you could save me bucks on a wireless adapter for the xbox nbsp

A:Wireless Problem... Internet connection sharing or multiple routers possible?

Forget ICS and just bridge the two network connections on the remote box that is connected to the XBOX. It's much simpler and it will eliminate the NAT layer of ICS from interfering with the XBOX connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-problem-internet-connection-sharing-or-multiple-routers-possible.717277/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

Basically I live in a relatively big house, 2 Computers / 1 Console Downstairs and 3 Computers upstairs.

There is currently a Ethernet cable going upstairs into a computer, can I put that cable into another router and utilize it as a switch to then have 3 cables leading out of that router into the systems upstairs?

any information on this would be greatly appreciated I have been searching around google but nothing looks reliable to me, I have a fairly good knowledge on Hardware / Networking, but still studying.

thanks

A:Two routers on network

Put the cable to the upstairs computer into a SWITCH (not a router) and everything will be managed by the original router just fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-routers-on-network.169630/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am currently on a T1 connection for my network. I have a server setup with dedicated IPs from the T1. I also connect to the server from my local network. I have recently gotten Comcast Cable for faster speeds for my network, but want to keep the T1 for the server and to server as a backup ISP. I purchased a Dual WAN router, but am having trouble switching over and letting my Server use the T1 while my PCs use the Cable.

So here's what I'm thinking. Can I have my server on its own router looking at only the T1, have all my PCs on the dual WAN router, and have them all see eachother?

Here is a picture to hopefully show how I'm setup now and how I am envisoning this. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,
I have a home network, it serves 2 laptops, 2 desktops. At the moment I currently have a Linksys Wireless B/G router. This is working well but i don't get a very good signal in my office, is their anyway to introduce a Netgear wireless B/G adsl router in to boost the signal?

Thanks!

A:Two routers one network

see if the linksys doesn't have this interface where you can boost the xmit rate

"Go to the Wireless tab, then to Advanced Settings. Find the entry labeled Xmit Power"

Unless you change the firmware on the linksys or either router has the ability to do wireless bridging you can't get two wireless routers to talk to each other wirelessly.

Google WRT and linksys for how to's on the firmware upgrades needed to make a linksys a wireless bridge.

You can always do this:
http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/N101236.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-routers-one-network.716768/
Relevancy 49.88%

The scenario is: I have a PC running Windows 7 which is wirelessly connected to my Netgear modem-router. I wish to install a security camera outside my house, instead of running a long ethernet cable all the way back into my house from the camera to the Netgear, is it possible that I can connect the camera to another router outside, and then get that second router to communicate with my Netgear inside the house, and thus be able to control my security camera from inside?

Now I know the security camera can be connected to a router, and I can install software to remotely control it, but I'm not sure how I can go about using my Netgear to communicate to a second router. I haven't purchased the second router or the camera yet, but I want to know if it's possible before I do.

A:How do I use two routers in the same network?

Give this a read,
Wireless Bridge - DD-WRT Wiki

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184679-how-do-i-use-two-routers-same-network.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My house is networked and we have a Linksys router in our basement supplying the connections. My father wants wireless upstairs. So if I get another router that supports wireless, how would I configure it to work with the current network? Thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

can two routers be used in the same network?

A:2 routers 1 network

Yes, you can use as many routers as you want, just remember the network speed will decrease as more computers are added.

Hook up one router to the modem then hook the other routers to it or even in series.

I haven't played much with multiple wireless routers, but we have several wireless routers running at work. I think you just have to make sure the computers within the overlap areas are configured to select one signal.

Also, if you have to run wires a very long distance, you can use routers to boost the signal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/2-routers-1-network-188707.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So i have router hooked up to dsl line working fine wireless and everything. Now i Have a second router as well which i want to be able to pick the Wi-fi signal of the initial router and let me access the Internet on the second router (the one that i want to pick up the wifi signal) via its ethernet ports to stuff like TV blu-ray console etc.. Is it possible and how do i do it?

A:2 Routers network

I believe you need to configure the 2nd router as a bridge or access point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-network.150706/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey Guys been a while since my networking courses.

I have 2 routers 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs right now I have them both on different networks broadcasting different SSIDs. I want to move them both to the same network, instead of one being 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 I want them all on the 192.168.0.1 network.

My plan is to simply apply the same SSID to both routers and subnet both of them within the 192.168.0.1 network to hand out addresses within their subnet.

Will this allow me to move throughout my house as if it was one network or should I have the second router act as an access point?

What are your thoughts?

A:2 routers 1 network

What is your Internet source(s)? One to each router or are they sharing one line?
If sharing one line, one has to be subservant to the other to function as one address network and if its two lines then even though you might have the same I.P. range they'll still be seperate networks...and confusing.
So for one network, yes, access point and simple switch for one router.
And if its two lines, therefore two networks, you can still communicate to each thru a proxy in the form of a computer with two network cards, one hooked up to each network, and then remote into that computer and network away!
I have two networks, one line, seperated into media and regular/work, so things like NetFlix and network media device playback work a treat without network congestion with the work network. Then I just use a computer with two network cards to transfer, maintain and what not between the two.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers-1-network.988355/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am helping with a small network, maybe 10-12 computers, in very large building.
We have a bt business hub, which has DHCP Enabled (although most computers have manual IP Addresses).
Bt Router is 192.168.1.254 with standard subnet.

We have a 2nd TP-Link router setup but no DHCP on it, assigned 192.168.1.1 to Router. Gateway and DNS set to 192.168.1.254

Scope of Network on both Routers is identical 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.255

This is due to building size, with TP-Link Router acting as repeater (No Internet setup on Router as this is through BT Router).

The PC's nearest TP-Link identify and connect through TP-Link Router, and most work okay, but 1-2 drop off and can't find Internet Etc (PC's are mix of Win XP & Win 7)

Can i force PC's to look at BT Router rather than TP-Link (Just need TP-Link to be a Wireless Repeater).

Thanks In Advance

Relevancy 49.88%

I have two routers in my house and wish to network computers connected to each router.

I have no problem communicating between computers connected to the same router but not able to see/access the other computers that are connected to the 2nd router.

My two routers are 2wire 2701HG-B (router/modem), and Netgear WGR614 which is plugged into the 2wire router/modem.

Thanks for any help or maybe where to look information.

A:How do I network across two routers??

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-network-across-two-routers.857609/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have about lost all my hair I am trying to follow instructions to the T and I am getting stuck Here is what I am wanting to do We have a BlueRay and TV that uses internet features and the TV has to have a wired and Blueray is cheaper to be 2 Routers, 1 Network wired than getting their wireless adapter anway Instead of buying a switch I still have my old router WRT G V one I am gonna put in living room My new Router is WRT I have the old router set as and 2 Routers, 1 Network the WRT It is setup on the LAN ports on both not WAN Block Anonymous Internet Requests is quot unchecked quot on the old router DHCP is disabled on the old router I can access both routers config pages from the main computer But the laptop that is attached to the old router cannot do anthing no config page nor internet I have manually tried doing an ip gateway in Windows but thats a no go I am at a loss please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:2 Routers, 1 Network

disable DHCP on the wireless and leave only the Wired router with DHCP.

wire them in this sequence

Code:
modem---wired---(lan side)wireless....
any system can be wired to either router and the wired router will control all ip address assignments

the address of the wireless router does not matter as it will do no routing --
it's acting just like a switch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-1-network.130410/
Relevancy 49.88%

At work we have a T1 line and then we have a cable connection through charter both on the same network. If i know the IP address of the charter modem, and I wanted to tell my NIC to use that instead of the T1 line would I just change the default gateway on my card to that of the modem?

A:Two ISP routers in one network

Yes. Provided both routers are on the same subnet your NIC is on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-isp-routers-in-one-network.917854/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey folks I m attempting to configure a secondary router and I keep having to go to a computer that s plugged directly into it and reconfigure it before being able to access the configuration settings Network Two on Routers this on the secondary router Let me give you a brief run-down on the topology here T comes into the Two Routers on this Network house and connects to the primary firewall router a line goes directly from there to a -port switch to which CAT lines are connected One of the lines goes to an office that s some distance away and holds computers vs the originally-planned computer Therefore in that office we have installed the secondary router to handle the traffic of the now computers in there On that secondary router other than turning off DHCP there hasn t been any configuration Then on the two computers that plug directly into the secondary router they re both configured with static IP addresses and no Gateway cause they re merely file-servers that don t need Internet access What I would like Two Routers on this Network to be able to do is remote connect to one of those two and access the secondary router s configuration settings As it stands right now I have to physically go to Two Routers on this Network one of the two computers re-configure it to use the secondary router as its gateway then I can access the secondary router s config nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

i have an adsl modem with ethernet ports Network Two On Routers One and it does NOT have WiFi we will call this Router A as Router A has Two Routers On One Network no Wifi i Two Routers On One Network bought another router which has wifi ethernet LAN ports WAN port and it is NOT A MODEM we call this device Router B i have the network setup i set the IP of router A to ran an ethernet cable from it to Router B s WAN port and assigned it IP to access internet and set Router B s local IP to Router A assigns IP xxx whereas Router B assigns xxx to the devices that connect to it so now internet works in any way i connect to any of the routers but file sharing does not work between the two routers for example if i have one pc connected to one router and another pc connected to the other router i cannot share files between them what is the solution to this problem nbsp

A:Two Routers On One Network

i fixed my problem...i was connecting my Router A to Router B's WAN port.....now ive connected it to Router B's LAN port and disabled Router B's DHCP so that it only acts as a switch, its now working fine....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-routers-on-one-network.143206/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am getting ready to set up a home network to share my internet connection between multiple computers. I have been looking at a couple different brands of routers, and was wondering if anybody had any comments about them. I have been looking at Linksys, D-Link, and Netgear brands (basically because thats all our local computer shops offer, and I don't have a ton of money). Do you have any comments or suggestions about those brands? I won't be carrying a heavy load, I don't do gaming or anything, just basic internet surfing, email etc.... Thanks for the help.

A:home network routers

Hi

If I was you I would go look in the local newspaper and get the cheapest one you can find. At least that's what I did and I have had no problems in 2 years sharing 4 computers on a network. I have a Belkin router(with 5 ports). That was the one that was on sale at the time I wanted to set up my network. Any of the ones you mentioned are fine. I think networks fail more because someone doesn't know how to set them up correctly or doesn't maintain them. The router shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-routers.45702/
Relevancy 49.45%

want to connect two linksys routers in the same network but finding it hard to work. Can you pls help me to do this?

Relevancy 49.45%

I m trying to setup networking printing between two different routers I have a Linksys BEFSR on and that s serving a WRT G on I ve set the WRT G to serve my Routers) (2 Network Printer wireless network and a wired computer on the range It also has a NAS solution there On the range there s two printers which are HP Color LaserJet n and a HP DeskJet plotter They are both statically assigned to avoid any conflicts and DHCP problems The problem starts with any computer on the range They cannot print to the printer Now this does not have a natively assigned network port It s being served by a Iomega USB Print Server and that s available through the browser at the address I can ping the print server and it responds I have to use a driver to set the printer up and when I m connected to the range I can print fine The minute I switch to the wireless and disconnect the range I can no longer print I can still however ping Network Printer (2 Routers) the IP address I m fairly technical but Network Printer (2 Routers) this is stumping me Is it a setting somewhere that will let me print My network should be setup correctly nbsp

A:Network Printer (2 Routers)

"The minute I switch to the wireless and disconnect the 1.100 range I can no longer print. I can still however ping the IP address."

This statement is confusing. What do you mean by "disconnect"? Like you have a pc on both subnets at the same time?

Can you ping from the .1.x network to the .3.x network?

You wouldn't have this issue if you had setup the WRT54G as a wireless switch not as a router. Everyone would be in the same subnet which is what your issue is about; not all being in the same subnet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-2-routers.699931/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

Am in need to some help / advice with what to do in this situation...

I have two routers that connect to two separate service providers; they both have internal addresses of;

10.8.1.253 /16 - This one is used for internet.

10.8.127.252 /16 - This one is used to connect to the data centre.

I have been told that i need a third router that connects to both of these and then on to the LAN, but will that work?

I have tried to add in two default gateways but it would only use one or the other.

Also is there any other way of doing this with out buying a third router if thats what is needed?

Thanks for any help...

Relevancy 49.45%

First Windows ultimate bit Dell Inspiron Laptop KasperskyIS Intel wireless AGN There are two routers showing up on my network at times I have only one Real router Belkin N plus Imaginary router Linksys WRT http showing my routers up network! on Two i photobucket com albums y yoladango wierd jpg This is VERY disconcerting It seems to only be happening on my wireless computer Kaspersky reports nothing wrong I wonder if the multiple csrss exe instances and conhost exe have anything to do with this Can someone PLEASE help Thanks Dan Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Windows System spool drivers w x E FATIEKA EXE C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Two routers showing up on my network! Security klwtblfs exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system mmc exe R - HKCU Software Two routers showing up on my network! Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtbbho dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe O - HKLM Run EEventManager C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKCU Run EPSON ... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a new netgear wired and wireless N600 dual band router on my home network and it works great but the wireless doesn't reach all the way downstairs well.

What I would like to do is take the older router (Linksys WRT120N) and plug it into a cat 5 cable downstairs (the house is wired for cat 5 going into a switch that plugs into a wired port on the new router) and set it up so it works as an access point allowing for good wireless downstairs.

Anyone done this? What's involved?

A:Solved: Two routers on same network?

Look down a few posts and you will find the answer. The title is "Router to Router". I am new here but I asked a very similar question. There is a post that describes how to setup an access point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-two-routers-on-same-network.1072961/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok so I am in a rough spot and could really use some help I was so happy to find this kind of service available to the community Thank you to everyone involved for making this service available I m not accustomed to typing out these kinds of issues so please bear with me I am fairly good with computers and in need of more income I decided to start doing some contracting work on my own and this is my first networking gig I have a lot 2 & Network Wireless Routers With NAS of experience with computers but almost zero business networking experience I have setup routers modems and wifi at multiple residential locations So I thought it wouldn t be a problem Wireless Network With 2 Routers & NAS taking on an upgrade networking project for a small auto repair business Turns out I couldn t get things working and am at a loss as to how to resolve the situation I m not sure if it s a router hardware compatibility setup Wireless Network With 2 Routers & NAS or settings issue or all the above I m feeling a little defeated and could really use some guidance Current Scenario They have Time Warner Business Class internet service I m assuming this is DSL There is a front desk computer an office computer with a wireless router and then multiple laptops throughout the location that share internet access on an already installed setup wifi network In the garage area a fairly large distance from the front desk and office is where the Time Warner modem and another wireless router are installed and mounted Equipment I m adding I setup new computers and printers for their front desk and office area We got a new router a Netgear Nighthawk to replace the cheaper and older ASUS model presently in the office We also got Buffalo Tech NAS to automatically back up all computers on the network and have remote file access Here is the problem I didn t know the modem for the internet was in the garage I assumed it to be in the office I originally thought the router in the garage to be just another access point or a wife extended network of sorts Now I m realizing it may be the main router I replaced the office router with the new router and it wouldn t work All the lights came on except for internet connection I even let the wizard have me user the prior router s exact same settings and it still didn t work None of the windows or router wizards could resolve the problem I tried different computers and that wasn t the issue So I disconnected the new router put the old one back in place and everything worked fine again I then went to the garage where there is the mounted router and attempted to replace that one It also did not work for me This router has a connection that the new router doesn t have I believe it is a Coaxial cable Even though this new Netgear Nighthawk router is one of the best out there right now it doesn t have this I hooked everything up minus the coaxial cable and it did not work for me I was sure to hook up everything else that was attached to the previous router I did reboot and reset in both orders to see if that helped and it didn t So I put the old router back up so that business would not be affected That is where I am stuck I m not sure what I m missing but since I m only allowed one question I will phrase it in terms of the outcome I would like to achieve if possible Of course I m open to any suggestions How do I install the new router and NAS in the office and have everything up and running correctly The router in the office presently does not have a coaxial cable either I am hoping to replace this one with the new router I d love to just leave the garage alone and simply replace the office router and add NAS there If I HAVE to put new router in garage I would have to make a new wall mount and there is no location ideal for NAS equipment I also don t know how this coaxial cable comes into play I m kind of in over my head and would really appreciate some help before I make a fool myself fingers crossed I have to work on thi... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

I ve read John Will s instructions for configuring routers on a home network and it makes sense so far I do have a couple of questions that maybe someone could answer for me When I change the IP address of the secondary router will Network Routers 2 Home on that change the on-line configuration site for that router The router manufacturer gives an ip to go to do the configs and I wonder if this will somehow change or not 2 Routers on Home Network be accessable Second you say run the ethernet cable from the lan port on the primary to a lan port on the secondary router This means ports - it s a port and not the one that says quot internet quot Primary router is Netgear RP secondary router is Linksys WRT GS Thanks in advance JohnWill said Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router For instance DHCP server addresses through I d assign the secondary router as it s IP address Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router Connect from the primary router s LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports use a cross-over cable Leave the WAN port unconnected Click to expand nbsp

A:2 Routers on Home Network

DTinVA said:

I've read John Will's instructions for configuring 2 routers on a home network and it makes sense so far. I do have a couple of questions that maybe someone could answer for me.

When I change the IP address of the secondary router, will that change the on-line configuration site for that router? The router manufacturer gives an ip to go to do the configs and I wonder if this will somehow change or not be accessable.

Yes, when you change the base address of the router, that becomes the new address to access it's setup pages. As long as you follow the instructions and keep it in the same subnet as the primary router, you can access it freely from any connected computer. Note the detail of it being outside the DHCP server pool of the primary router.
Second, you say run the ethernet cable from the lan port on the primary to a lan port on the secondary router. This means ports 1-4 (it's a 4 port) and not the one that says "internet?"Click to expand...

Correct, you leave the WAN/Internet port empty on the second router. You are using the second router as a switch, and if it's wireless, you can use the wireless capability. I have a pair of wireless routers here on opposite ends of the house wired that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers-on-home-network.504330/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have my main PC which I have moved within the house and the speed etc is all fine

My 2nd PC is downstairs and is connected wirelessly - however after moving the main PC the connection is pretty slow and frequently drops.

I have a spare router can this be plugged into either the main router to boost performance or to the 2nd PC rather than use the WIFI card

A:Can you connect two routers to one network

You should be able to plug in the 2nd router to the main one and set it up as an access point, im not sure if you could use it as a receiver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125336-can-you-connect-two-routers-one-network.html
Relevancy 49.45%

For some reason the network from point between routers Network fail. A to B keeps failing Going to Network between routers fail. explain the set up I have right now DSL and modem are in room then that plugs into the wall to the switch in room Many things are connected to the switch roku player dish network receiver and other Ethernet connections for other rooms and a router so we can get wifi Now for some reason the connection from the switch to the modem keeps going out The internet works just fine because i can plug the ethernet cable from the Network between routers fail. modem directly to a computer in the office However from a computer in another room I cannot cmd ping the modem says What would cause this to fail it works for hours then i have to unplug re-plug the cables to get it working again I have tried it without a switch using two routers room modem Network between routers fail. to router router room another router and still the connection from the routers will stop after working for days without problems

A:Network between routers fail.

From what you are saying you have the switch plugged directly into the modem which is not how it should be.

You need to plug the Modem into the WAN port on the router first then plug the switch into one of the router's LAN ports. This is the reason your network is not reliable.

Switches are always plugged into LAN ports on the router not the modem.

If you are going to use two routers you need to turn off DHCP on one of the routers plus some other adjustments will be required, link below explains the process.

Connecting Additional Routers | Tech Support Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256305-network-between-routers-fail.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Searching through the internet i have found many tutorials about setting up 2 routers on one network and it's messed up my internet. "Router A" is a Tomson TG585 (This is my primary 1). "Router B" is a BT Voyager 2110. In the study is Router A and I want Router B in my room (To long away for a cable). Also Router B seems to restart/refresh its self every 10 seconds so I cant acssess any of Router B's settings.

Someone please help me!!!!

Relevancy 49.45%

i have two desktops and a to one use routers linksys network two on trying laptop wired through a router and a linksys wireless router wrt g wired in also all works good even the wireless on my laptop so i can use my trying to use two linksys routers on one network laptop wireless or wired either one now my brother gave me his linksys router wrt g that he had set up at his house i want to use his as a area extender i want to put it down the road where i have a cabin and exted my network to there so basically i want to use two linksys routers on one network to extend my area when i hook up the second router the wireless link light comes on so i hard wire my laptop to the second router and it sais i dont have permission to use shared folders and no internet does anyone know how to make this fly i am choking on this project can this be done thanks so much for the help in advance jeremie nbsp

A:trying to use two linksys routers on one network

First, you should take a look at the amazing "search" feature. If you have any questions after reading the (half a dozen at least) "I want to daisy-chain two routers" threads, feel free to ask them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-use-two-linksys-routers-on-one-network.78708/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all
I have a Linksys WAG54GP2 in my house and a WRT54G in the garage. The two are connected together by a cable. What i want to do is make the wrt extend the wireless network that the wag54 is propogating so that there is only one network. At the moment there are two wireless networks on my property but i only want one.
Any questions/clarifications please ask!
Cheers
Allan

A:2 Routers, 1 Wifi Network

You really cannot connect two routers to each other, unless you have the ability to turn off the routing functionality on one of them to make it work like a simple switch. See if the adnin panel on either of them allows this type of reduced functionality operation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-1-wifi-network.114158/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have DSL from Bellsouth and I have a block of static ips. These ip are used to all most fo my machines to gain access to the outside world.

I want to be able to set up a second router with privatly assigned IP's 192.168.x.x to work with my wireless system. I woud like them to be DHCP assigned.

Here is the kicker I want to use the Bellsouth Statics to give Internet access to the private IP's but I am not sure on where to look for this information or how to start.
I have a Netopia Modem/Router combo handling the STatic Ip's
I have a Linksys WRT54G handling the DHCP addresses

I thought bu configuring the Linksys router to have a Static IP address from Bellsouth would work but then again it didn't and I am here.

Any help will be appreaciated

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey I used to have a zoom X router that worked routers network? Two Solved: one half my house with wireless and a cable running to the other end of my house for Solved: Two routers one network? my pc simple worked just fine Then my dad decided he wanted wireless in the middle of the house i live in an old house so the walls are huge so no wireless outside the room the router is in so he bought a belkin g on the first day I plugged it in and tried to get it work and it seemed to work fine for an hour or so and ever since we have numerous problems - My laptop s working mac and Linux and his not vista - His laptop working mine not - Only able to connect via wireless no connection via Ethernet - And then no one finding the network at all but now I seem to have got it so it works fine from the zoom then when it reaches the belkin you can connect via wireless to it but strangely you cant connect via Ethernet to it I would like to try and set up the belkin as a switch or network extender what ever u call it so that i can basically have wireless through out the house and also connect numerous devices to it via Ethernet Here is a link to a diagram of the netwrok map i would like to acchive paint ftw Many thanks David nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I m attempting to daisy-chain two Two Using Network One Linksys on Routers Linksys routers I m aware the easiest way would be to just buy a switch and use that in place of a second router However I do not own a switch and am attempting to use this Using Two Linksys Routers on One Network as a quick Using Two Linksys Routers on One Network fix until I find a more permanent solution The primary router is a wireless Linksys router with four ports all Using Two Linksys Routers on One Network being used One port runs to my room which is then connected into the Uplink of my non-wireless Linksys router This routes to two devices I believe I need to change the second router s IP to be outside of the DHCP range of the primary router and make it a static IP but I cannot get to the IP for the second router in order to change the settings I believe they are both the same default Linksys IP and I don t want to start making changes without knowing I m making them to the second router Ideas Help I m more of a programmer and less of a network specialist so this is out of my field a bit Thanks in advance Steven T Norris nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys Wireless Network? Routers the on Same Two I currently have a Netgear DG PN Wireless Modem Router that plugs into my Gaming PC and my Dad s PC through ethernet However due Two Wireless Routers on the Same Network? to firewall problems I cannot run game servers that go to the net So I thought of this Is there a way to hook up two wireless routers onto the same network Or phone line I tried hooking the netgear router and a spare Netcomm Modem up through a phone line with a double adapter on the end and a spare modem connecting the Belkin to the internet but one would connect and the other would say its connected but wouldn t go to Google Is there a way to get pass this I m guessing I might have to ring the ISP but I dunno what to say about it My second theory was that if I hook the Belkin up from the Netgear and set it up I could connect my Laptop Server up to that Wiereless didn t work however running straight from cable did but when I went to login to the Router settings it went straight to the Netgear instead of the Belkin Is there a way to make it only go to the Belkin Thanks for your help UPDATE I can connect wirelessly from my Laptop with the Belkin plugged into the Netgear but it won t connect to internet even though its saying im connected to the Belkin wirelessly nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

I have 6 computers capable of connecting to a wireless network (2 PS3's, 3 laptops and 1 PC). I currently have a BT Voyager 2110 setup, which provides the wireless network. The 2110 is situated upstairs, where I use the network the most. However, I'd like to boost the overall range of the wireless network by utilising another router (A BT Voyager 2091, the 2110's predacessor), which would be situated downstairs, where the signal strength is very poor.

I know there are various other ways of extending the range, but I'd like to know if it is possible to use hardware I already have, without spending money on more hardware. As the 2091 would be situated downstairs, connecting the routers with a LAN cable is out of the question. Is it possible to setup the 2091 to connect to the 2110 wirelessly?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a network that is currently set up in the following way:
Modem -> vonage Motorola router -> wireless router

Most computers are hard wired to the Motorola router. Some other ones connect via the linkseys wireless router. All computers are able to connect to the Internet.

The problem I have is that I will be setting up a home computer as a file server connected to the Motorola router. The network acts as though it is two meaning that computers on one router can't see computers on the other router. What steps should I take in order to make all computers accessible through both routers.

Don't know if this helps:
When I type 192.168.1.1 from a computer on the Motorola router, I get nothing, when I type in my actual ip address, I get the Motorola router. When I type in 192.168.1.1 from a linkseys connected computer, I get access to the linkseys router.

A:Home network with two routers

Why aren't they all using the same router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-with-two-routers.1035964/
Relevancy 49.45%

I currently have an orange broadband connection, this is connected throughout the house to several pc's and consoles, wired and wireless. I am about to have a second phoneline and broadband connected specifically for the gaming pc. Can have both of these broadband connections on the same network?

A:two broadband routers on one network??

Well, I'd look into a dual-WAN router if you want them all on one network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-broadband-routers-on-one-network.950660/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm hoping someone can tell me some specific setting to use to correct an intermittent problem. My configuration:

Main wireless router: D-Link DIR-655 connected directly to my cable modem. Internal network address is 192.168.0.1.

Connected to this router (by twisted pair cable) is a second (older) wireless modem: Linksys WRT54GS with address 192.168.0.254.

Most of the time, each router works perfectly and internet access is perfect. The problem I have is that occasionally when a device connects to my "primary" router (D-Link), the assigned gateway by DHCP is the IP address of the "secondary" router (Linksys). When that happens, there is no external web access.

Any network gurus out there that can explain this and help correct the problem?

Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Problem with 2 routers on same network

It sounds like you have 2 DHCP servers on the same network. That will never go well.

How are your routers physically connected to each other (LAN to LAN, LAN to WAN)?

Log into the web page of the 2nd router and disable DHCP. Ideally, you could be using the Linksys just as a switch and wireless access point. Connect nothing to the WAN port of the Linksys, and connect LAN to LAN on both routers.

That's how I do it here.

The 2nd way to do it would be to set the LAN IP range of the Linksys to 192.168.1.* and daisy chain your two networks (LAN port of Dlink to WAN port of Linksys) . This would destroy any existing peer to peer LAN stuff like file/print shring you may currently have, but it would allow every PC to access the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-2-routers-on-same-network.971882/
Relevancy 48.59%

Im having problems with my home network. I have two routers connected via Ethernet network cable. The secondary router I changed the ip adress and set dhcp to disable the primary router has no setting changed every thing is working fine but the wifi on the primary router. Is there a setting I need to change? Any help would be great guys thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-wifi-two-routers-same-network.1110314/
Relevancy 48.59%

This may seem like a slightly bizzare request but basically me and my housemate have just moved into our new house and we have separate desktops in separate rooms that are too far apart to reach via a wired connection and there is no space for cabling through the Using connections Network Routers Home different 2 from walls due to the amount of graphics cards being used in each desktop as well we were unable to install a wireless card due to lack of PCI slots meaning a wireless connection is not really an option unless we use a USB wireless connection which we are trying to avoid due to speed issues I was Home Network Using 2 Routers from different connections therefore wandering Home Network Using 2 Routers from different connections if its possible to use separate routers plugged in to different phone plugs on the wall to allow us both to access the internet We are not bothered about being on a network or anything like this we only wish to both have fast internet access I called the o tech support people and they claimed that if we used a different router plugged into a different phone plug this would allow us both to use internet just on separate networks and i would just like to ask if anyone knows if this is true Home Network Using 2 Routers from different connections Thanks in advance Hotcrossbun nbsp

A:Home Network Using 2 Routers from different connections

Well you can do that... Sure. Well just use 2 modems and then one router and plug both of the modems into the router and then connect the router to the computers!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-using-2-routers-from-different-connections.945575/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Buddies,

I hope this forum may help me a lot. Can you please help me finding a solution for this issue?
I want to connect two different networks with 2 soho routers.

R#1 - 10.2.2.0/24
Router - 1 WAN port and 4 LAN ports

R#2 - 10.1.1.0/24
Router - 1 WAN port and 4 LAN ports

Relevancy 48.59%

I am trying to connect two routers to simulate different networks for testing purposes. For the sake of simplicity, one of them has a network address of 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 and the other 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0. First of all, do I need a patch or cross-over cable? I tried connecting them both ways but could not even ping the other router. Do I need to set up routes in both routers configuration? Does it make any difference what routing protocol I choose?

If there are any resources on the net that provide a crash course in these topics, please point me in that direction.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys, so I recently signed up for Centurylink Prism TV and internet, they use a Cisco DDR2200 (modem+wireless router combo) which I've come to realize is only a "g" router, so I purchased a cheap Belkin N150 (which I intend to use as my main router). I've turned the wireless function off on the Cisco and have an ethernet cable running from a LAN port on the Cisco to the internet port on the Belkin.

The issue I'm having is how do I set up the IP addresses/DHCP servers for both routers? By default, the Cisco's IP address is 192.168.1.254 (I know, weird right?) with a DHCP range of 192.168.1.63 - 192.168.1.253. Whereas the Belkin's IP address is 192.168.2.1 . I guess I'm sort of at a loss on how to set this up to optimize my network. I appreciate all of the help!

Relevancy 48.59%

Please can someone help and explain something to a complete numpty Started off Set To Through Routers Me A 2 Wireless Talk Using Network Please Up How using an Origo AR Modem Router for wired PCs - Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers which worked perfectly We got a laptop and wanted to go wireless so bought a Linksys WRK G wireless router I plugged the Internet port on the Linksys into the one of the ethernet ports on the Origo and left the wired PC into the Origo - the internet worked fined on wireless and wired PC BUT also wanted to network the computers so plugged a cable between one of the ethernet ports on each router - this worked OK too and now had internet and could share files amp printers Firstly does that sound like the right way to do things With it set up as above the two routers used to go crazy sometimes and all the lights would flash quickly and there d be Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers no connection anywhere This is solved by switching off back on the routers Now fiddling around with Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers it today to sort out another problem it seems I don t need the internet cable plugged in - with it like this I can t get into the Linksys s settings using Please could someone tell me the proper way to do it Thanks Phil nbsp

A:Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-talk-me-through-how-to-set-up-a-wireless-network-using-2-routers.520095/
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok im trying to set up a home network using two routers..i drew a picture in paint...please dont batter my drawing skills....anyway i tried everything to get this working...the befsr41 is second router and the wcg200 is the main router with a built in modem both are made by linksys...i tried disabling dhcp on the second router but it wont grab an ip from the wcg200..i tried setting everything statically on the befsr41 side and still no go...but its weird when i have the befsr41 set to dhcp i can get on the internet and everything...but then most of my programs and games dont work...so if anyoen knows what wrong here any help would be
appreciated thanx

A:Home Network not working - two routers

What are the distances between red and blue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-not-working-two-routers.81271/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello What I am trying to do is set up wireless routers on the same network Here is a diagram of my shop that i am trying to do this in The first router is set up like this Modem Router port switch Router Now i have a router set up the orange square in the on up 2 same Setting network wireless routers office and it broadcast the wireless signal about as far as the orange circle i have it set up as with the dhcp turned on to Setting up 2 wireless routers on same network give out - The second router set up in shop is connected with a cable running from the switch to shop Its ip is and the dhcp is handing out - The cable running to the second router is plugged into LAN port not the WAN port The wireless on Router will not reach Router hinse why i Setting up 2 wireless routers on same network hard-wired it I have one computer plugged into LAN port of Router and i am having no problems with it My problems are with the laptops trying to run off the wireless They connect for a minute then disconnect They are not out of range because i have them sitting right next to Router I can set it up to were Router network is diffrent from Router and i can get on the internet Setting up 2 wireless routers on same network fine But the desktop wired to Router needs to be on the same network as everyone elses on Router because there are files on the server hooked to Router that we need access to If someone can give me a hint on what i am doing wrong for Router it would be appreciated nbsp

A:Setting up 2 wireless routers on same network

why not let the first router do all the DHCP ?

see here

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-2-wireless-routers-on-same-network.1040875/
Relevancy 48.59%

Well, next week I am wiring my house with CAT-6. I'm going to have a firewall, and 2 routers in the computer room, from the firewall, CAT-6 Cables will go through the house to the living room, the garage, the bedroom, the kitchen and the work shop. All of which I am planning on giving their own routers, preferably all the same type; but I can't decide which one to use. Should I use the Netgear WGR614:

or the Linksys/Cisco WRT54G:

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I suspect the reason I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to install this printer on a host pc in a separate room of our lab is that two routers are involved and each is connected to a unique LAN wall port. I attempted to accomplish installation by printer name and IP address but, no luck. I need access to the printer by three more host computers (i.e., coupled to instrumentation). Can anyone here offer assistance?

Please relocate if necessary. I thought this issue to be best described as a network rather than hardware thread.

A:Network Printer Behind Two Routers - Need Assistance to Install

WHat Printer is it make and model please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331599-network-printer-behind-two-routers-need-assistance-install.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Today I decided to move my modem-router over the phone cables box. After plenty of holes and plenty of UTP cable I got +2-2.5Mbit and I'm pretty happy about it.
There is however a small problem however.

In the position of the modem-router I installed a router and now I see no network (with the IP 192.168.1.x) from the network 192.168.0.x

Check the image to see more details

What's wrong the IP? I have definitely something wrong! Does any subnet need changing? Do I have to change the IP address of the modem-router that ends on the switch?
HELP!!!

A:Setting up 2 modem-routers and 1 router, cannot see 2nd network

The second router needs to be configured as a WAP if you want them all to see each other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-2-modem-routers-and-1-router-cannot-see-2nd-network.909434/