Windows Support Forum

Network Card doesn't detect Network

Q: Network Card doesn't detect Network

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a network card and its driving me mad! I've installed the card (Dynamode NC-100TX-R) and Windows detects it. The drivers they supplied on the floppy were Realtek RTL8139 Drivers which were for Win 95/Win 98 and I have XP so I went on the Realtek site and downloaded the latest drivers for the RTL8139. When I installed the drivers everything seemed fine until I plugged in the cable. All it says is "Network Cable Unplugged" even when the lights at the back of the card are flashing indicating a connection. Everything on the other end of the cable is fine and I've checked all the settings and they seem right. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network Card doesn't detect Network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 99.33%

Hi guys I'm new here I've had some virus trouble and decided to reformat and or Windows detect and sound card network formatting doesn't after Xp reinstalling reinstall windows Well after I reinstalled windows didn't detect that I had a sound card or network card installed I've looked up a little bit of information on it but it's Windows Xp doesn't detect network or sound card after reinstalling and formatting been rather confusing and I'm a bit scared to continue messing with my computer with out knowing what I'm doing I read up that I need to install some chipset drivers so that my motherboard can recognize the different cards I downloaded a program to tel Windows Xp doesn't detect network or sound card after reinstalling and formatting me what my chipset is but it gave me a long number and I didn't know which one to use The chipset it gave me was i p pe g i p I downloaded some chipset and installed it but when I restarted my computer it said that it couldn't detect an OS Some how since then my computer can boot properly and can load up windows So I guess what my question is what drivers do I need to download for my computer My mother board is a Think Centre M u If you need anymore information about my pc let me know Thanks in advance Bloodeyes

A:Windows Xp doesn't detect network or sound card after reinstalling and formatting

Well, there are several ways to approach this.

I keep a junky USB network card, and it's drivers on a thumbdrive, and everytime I reinstall XP, first thing I do is install SP3 standalone, and the second thing I do is install the USB network card and run Windows Update. Most or all of the drivers for the motherboard (or "chipset") usually get installed this way. Saves time hunting for specific drivers for specific motherboards, because it is tedious and time-consuming sometimes.

If this is an OEM machine (Gateway, Dell, HP, etc...) you can find the motherboard drivers via the support page of the web-site of the company that manufactured it. Just run the model number of the computer on their search engine, and the drivers will be there.

If the machine is custom, there is always a silk-screened model number on the surface of the motherboard, that will tell you what model it is. You can then usually find drivers for that model on the motherboard manufacturers support page.

These "driver finding programs" that I see seem like big fat scams, trying to get you to register, pay, read ads, recieve spam and after spending a lot of time, you still don't have the drivers. I wouldn't waste time with any of them, and have always been able to find the drivers I need.

It's a skill, and takes practice. One component of this is the ability to see where the time-wasters are (such as "register for our free driver finding service"), and where the most effective (meaning fastest) routes are. I don't think I've ever seen a manufacturer that did not have drivers available for any of their products, unless they are very, very old (like 8 years or so...). Sometimes you have to dig around in the "archived" files.

Like I said, it's a skill and takes practice.

Post the make & model of the computer, or the make & model of the motherboard, and (since we're both online right now) I'll see if I can find them for you.

EDIT***

Sorry, missed the part where you did that already. I'll be back in a second...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-doesnt-detect-network-or-sound-card-after-reinstalling-and-formatting-336029.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,
I am having a strange issue with my windows 8 pc as it sometimes doesn't detect any network present and i have to restart it again to get the network. The issue happens usually every time i boot. But restarting once solves it. Any help?

A:Windows 8 doesn't detect network after boot

I'm having a similar issue. If I am not connected to an Ethernet upon boot, I cannot get connectivity after plugging in my Ethernet, nor does the Device Manager detect my Gigabyte EP45-UD3P dual NIC's. I have to reboot with the Ethernet inserted before the OS loads. then all works as should be. Strange.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12442-windows-8-doesnt-detect-network-after-boot.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I connect as usual to my WiFi and my connection is solid browser works everything connected as per usual Except for one thing My computer doesn't want to doesn't detect and Network Sharing Center networks. admit that it is connected See images Network and Sharing Center doesn't detect networks. below I've tried everything restarting the adapter disabling all adapters except for the wireless turned off all VPN Network related programs nothing works This issue doesn't prevent me from doing most things related to a network except for making a homegroup Which happens to be what I want to do Any help Thanks in advance IP Config Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users yousef gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Youssef-Hesham Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C-E -D - D- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a cee c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday September PM Lease Expires Sunday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -AD-EC- A- - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F AB - E - A -ABD - EEA CFA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EDBF-B - A -BD B- C CE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AD B - - -B - A B BBA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap ABB D-FB A- F - E C- B C CB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380431-network-sharing-center-doesnt-detect-networks.html
Relevancy 83.85%
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello,
I just got my HP laptop a brand new Windows Vista installed, but the guy who installed it didn't have time to go over all the details, and I was supposed to register it myself. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but when I tried to connect to the internet... I couldn't. I thought it I had just turned off the wireless adapter and pressed the button ... but nothing happened. The biggest surprise was when I opened the "Menage network connections" menu and there was nothing (there used to be a Wireless and a Broadcom network adapter icons). I tried installing some wireless drivers ... but again nothing.
Can you please help me, because I'm running out of ideas

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello! I have a problem that my Wireless Network adapter doesn't recognize my phones shared wlan anymore, it worked few days ago perfectly?

Im sharing internet from my phone.
Network adapter is: Atheros AR5007UG Wireless Network adapter

I have installed and re installed the drivers for the adapter.
There is a litle red x in the internet connection settings.

Edit: It says no wireless connections available when there actually is?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/384945-network-adapter-doesnt-detect-wlan-networks-anymore.html
Relevancy 82.13%

My Compaq presario laptop which is about - years old but like new ran great until my kid did quot nothing quot to it and it crashed i tried everything and resorted to re-installing windows XP i also downloaded on another pc and installed SP When i plug in either my wired or wireless network adapter cards i get the following error and can t seem to get it to coreect The error is The device quot Texas Instrument PCI- cardbus controller quot has detected a Cardbus card in its slot but the firmware on the system is not configured to allow the cardbus to controller to be run in cardbus mode The operaing system will currently accept only quot the rest of the error is cut off I am totally frustrated Any suggestions I downloaded and installed any updates from detect network won't card the HP Compaq site I notice on the web that this PC often has this error after a re-install but can t find any solutions to it only people trying to solve the problem If you can help me out that would be great other than no net the PC is won't detect network card working as good as ever The light on the adapters does not come on Dave nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

I recently lost everything to some sort of virus so I was forced to reformat and reisntall windows xp Detect Cannot Network Card pro After installing I can t access the internet when I diagnose the connection issue with IE it says quot Windows could not detect Cannot Detect Network Card any wired or wireless network cards installed on your machine If you are connecting to the Internet through your phone line using a dial-up connection you will need to contact your internet service provider Otherwise please make sure that the network card drivers are installed properly or contact the manufacturer of Cannot Detect Network Card your personal computer for further assistance quot I m connected to a stable connection through an ethernet cable to my router and nothing I no longer have the driver recovery CD s that came with my computer and I followed the advice of another person on this site that came across a similar problem but we have different motherboards so I couldn t get the drivers to cooperate My computer info is listed in my profile I have an ABIT-AA XE motherboard Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated Also let me know if you need any more information because I m not super savvy with this stuff but I can do my best nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

hello hello I am trying to setup a network I got a new laptop recently And i bought a router the other day But whenever i go to my network location there s nothing there except Make a new connection A friend told me it shouldn t be difficult to get internet on my new laptop as well perhaps you still need to activate enable your network card he told me on the phone But I just can t find anything I have tried the new hardware wizard but to no avail So i thought maybe I dont have a netwok card afterall I am a computer illiterate But the acquaintance in question assured me I had one because you have plugged the ethernet cable in your laptop router haven t you ofcourse I have and the router s led is glowing however it doesnt blink because there s no internet connection yet Do you guys happen to know how to activate or at least see my network card thing I really feel bad about calling the friend in question asking him over to help detect network card can't me He has helped me several times already The time my pc got infected with trojans and with my dvd burner drive as well Moreover he makes it sound so easy windows professional on the laptop by the way XP on my pc I have really tried my utmost best to setup an network But the problems keep occuring like a never ending story I have returned a wireless router now i have a wired one but now there s this whole card thing tell me anything you know anything helps nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I have a Inspiron with a Dell Wireless WLAN mini Card Lately I noticed that if I left the laptop on or maybe just restart not sure don t want to test it right now and let it go to sleep and then turn it back on it won t detect any wireless networks I have to wait - minutes before Lan Network Detect Wireless Cant Card it can detect networks again I don t know what to do I know its not the router since it can t detect other networks either which there are a few around I have this laptop for almost a year now It worked just fine till recently I think it is the network card the driver or the hardware I don t know Wireless Lan Card Cant Detect Network but while it just start up it takes forever for the wireless to start detecting again Wireless Lan Card Cant Detect Network Anyone know why and what can I do about it BTW I reformatted in hope it will fix it it didn t nbsp

A:Wireless Lan Card Cant Detect Network

Hi

If a reformat and reinstall didnt fix it, then its hardware for sure.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-lan-card-cant-detect-network.108132/
Relevancy 81.27%

Title sort of sums it up, I had to reformat my HD, and now when I try to set up a network connection the wizard tells me I have to install network hardware first...I have a network card with the usb cord connected to it and it was working fine a few hours ago.

Every other time i've reformatted, I seem to remember it being as simple as plugging in the internet and it working fine - I don't get what's wrong. I don't have any software to go with the network card that I know of...

A:Reformatted, now can't detect network card

Network card with a USB cord? What's the exact make/model of this card?

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and model of the broadband modem.
Make and model of the router.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make/model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Start, Run, devmgmt.msc

Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reformatted-now-cant-detect-network-card.642151/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi

I bought an Acer 2301 laptop a few months ago. It has an Acer IPN 2220 wireless LAN card. A few days ago I visited my brother who has a wireless network set up in his house ? DLINK ADSL broadband router. He uses the wireless network for 1 Pc and 2 laptops. As I had my laptop I tried to connect to this network but couldn?t. I tried finding wireless networks and it said there were no wireless networks found in range. I disabled and re-enabled the LAN card. I uninstalled and re-installed it. I disabled my firewall. All to no avail. The network is not running encrypted and my brother said he had no trouble connecting all his wireless cards. Can anyone explain why my wireless LAN card couldn?t find anything?

Thanks

A:Wireless Lan Card Cant Detect Network

there could be several reasons for this, the card could have simply had its "radio" turned off. Most internal cards have a switch function to turn on and off their ability to detect networks. This is usually either a special button or a key combo. Check the BIOS, the card may have to be enabled in there as well as in device manager. Some systems I've encountered come with wireless disabled in the BIOS as default. Also, are you sure your brother's router was "broadcasting" its SSID. Most routers have the ability to turn this off. This causes you to have to know the SSID and config the card manually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-lan-card-cant-detect-network.20694/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,

Im running windows xp on two different computers (a PC and a laptop) and for some reason when i plug in the crossover network cable, neither my laptop or my PC can see it. It just says that a network cable is unplugged. This is strange because if I connect a non cross over one (regular cat5) it sees it just fine.

any ideas why this might be happening? the cable is brand new.

Relevancy 78.69%

My computer doesn t detect my video card ATI radeon monitor. won´t Help. Win video network detect adapter, card, XP or x xt my monitor dell m c or my network Win XP won´t detect video card, network adapter, or monitor. Help. adapter My system recently crashed because one of the drives in the RAID array failed I had to do a repair installation of Win XP Now that I have an OS up I found many software and device malfunctions I found the following hardware conflicts in my system information IRQ Intel R X XE PCI Win XP won´t detect video card, network adapter, or monitor. Help. Express Root Port - IRQ Intel R EP V x DF PCI Modem IRQ Communications Port COM I O Port x C - x DF VgaSave I O Port x C - x DF Intel R X XE PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xFEDA - xFEDFFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xFEDA - xFEDFFFFF Motherboard resources IRQ Creative SB Audigy ZS WDM IRQ System CMOS real time clock Memory Address xA - xBFFFF VgaSave Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Intel R X XE PCI Express Root Port - I O Port x B - x BB VgaSave I O Port x B - x BB Intel R X XE PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Enhanced Host Controller - C Under problem devices in system information I get the following Intel R FB FBM PCI Express Root Port - PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp EBB F amp amp E Error code Intel R FB FBM PCI Express Root Port - PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp EBB F amp amp E Error Code Intel R X XE PCI Express Root Port - PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp EBB F amp amp Error Code I tried removing the video card from its slot in the motherboard and reinserting it but that didn t work All of these devices were in the exact same slots as before So I think it s an OS problem How do I get my computer to recognize these devices Help please nbsp

A:Win XP won´t detect video card, network adapter, or monitor. Help.

You should be able to just rebuild the array by replacing or formating the drive that crashed. Look in the manual on how to rebuild the array

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-won%C2%B4t-detect-video-card-network-adapter-or-monitor-help.518539/
Relevancy 78.69%

This is the card detect - network One internal dosen't Acer Aspire netbook which I used at school the past years and when I graduated we were allowed to keep the netbook The default Acer OS was reinstalled which was incredibly slow and had tonnes of bloatware on it so I installed my own copy of Windows using a USB After the install was done there was no network connection so when I went to connect it to my home network it Acer Aspire One - dosen't detect internal network card said quot No wireless network devices installed quot which is complete bullshit Its used a wireless network card built into it to connect to the internet every day for the last years I went to connect it to my router through an ethernet cord but it also refused to acknowledge this Acer Aspire One - dosen't detect internal network card cord was plugged into it I then tried it with a different ethernet cord which was using my desktop to connect my Xbox to the internet I checked the device manager and there wasn't any tab showing called quot network devices quot However under quot other devices quot it says there is an quot Ethernet controller quot a quot Network controller quot and a quot PCI simple communications controller quot I plugged in a usb wifi adapter which instantly failed to install as the computer couldn't find any driver s but then i inserted the USB adaptor i used for my PC and it installed and connected to the internet I then tried to find drivers for the quot ethernet controller quot but it found none I went to Acer's website and tried to install the Atheros Ethernet driver but it said that it failed to find any compatible hardware I tried to put the small Ethernet adaptor that I had first tried into the computer but now the computer refused to recognise it at all If I could install that driver then it would be acceptable for me to use it with that adaptor plugged in How do I fix this problem

A:Acer Aspire One - dosen't detect internal network card

Try installing the chipset drivers from Acer, that should allow your system to see and install the drivers for other components like your network adapters and card reader, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387974-acer-aspire-one-dosent-detect-internal-network-card.html
Relevancy 78.69%

My computer dell dimension doesn t detect my video card ATI radeon x xt my monitor dell m c or my network adapter My system recently crashed because one of the drives in the RAID monitor. video detect won´t network Win or adapter, XP Help. card, array failed after I Win XP won´t detect video card, network adapter, or monitor. Help. tried to install software I had to do a repair installation of Win XP Now that I have the OS functioning I found many software and device malfunctions I found the following hardware conflicts in my system information IRQ Intel R X XE PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Intel R EP V x DF PCI Modem IRQ Communications Port COM I O Port x C - x DF VgaSave I O Port x C - x DF Intel R X XE PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xFEDA - xFEDFFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xFEDA - xFEDFFFFF Motherboard resources IRQ Creative SB Audigy ZS WDM IRQ System CMOS real time clock Memory Address xA - xBFFFF VgaSave Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Intel R X XE PCI Express Root Port - I O Port x B - x BB VgaSave I O Port x B - x BB Intel R X XE PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Enhanced Host Controller - C Under problem devices in system information I get the following Intel R FB FBM PCI Express Root Port - PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp EBB F amp amp E Error code Intel R FB FBM PCI Express Root Port - PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp EBB F amp amp E Error Code Intel R X XE PCI Express Root Port - PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp EBB F amp amp Error Code I tried removing the video card from its slot in the motherboard and reinserting it but that didn t work All of these devices were in the exact same slots as before So I think it s an OS problem How do I get my computer to recognize these devices Help please nbsp

A:Win XP won´t detect video card, network adapter, or monitor. Help.

Try going to Safe Mode, hit F8 repeatedly when the computer first starts and it'll take you to a menu screen where you can choose between SafeMode, SafeMode w/ command prompt, etc. Choose safemode. That'll load up the bare minimum of drivers and such so that the computer will turn on. Then, uninstall any drivers for non-working devices and reinstall them. If that doesn't help, run SFC (system file checker) from the Windows CD. Go to the Run menu, type in SFC and hit Enter.

I would also set the BIOS to defaults (the way it came from the factory) and see if that helps. Lastly, try the disk check utility from the Run menu, "chkdsk /f". Don't know how that might help, but it wouldn't hurt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-won%C2%B4t-detect-video-card-network-adapter-or-monitor-help.518540/
Relevancy 76.97%

hello. i have a windows 7 professional 32 bit
i have been having problems trying to connect to the internet today. last night it was perfectly fine
it either says identifying... unidentified network. when i troubleshoot it says windows cannot automatically detect this network's proxy settings
my other netbook (the one i am using right now) can connect as well as other computers here, to the same network
i tried connecting through a cable but it also says unidentified network.
for six hours i've been trying solutions i've read but to no avail. i tried system restore but it keeps on failing.
please help. thanks

A:UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings

i used this with win7 to overcome the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/71408-unidentified-networks-set-private-public.html?filter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.1098970/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hallo i have a problem with my network card in my laptop. I have acer 7730g. So i connect cable in ethernet card with my router and light blinks fine but no network connection shows in Network Adapters. So here is the pictures in Device Manager:

http://i.imgur.com/GP4VLvl.jpg?1

Probably is Bridge 8280 in PCI ? I dont know . Something must to change but i dont know what.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386081-network-device-pci-not-detect-windows-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi Guys - I ve done everything I could think of but I can t get this wireless PCI card to work It s a Linksys WMP G Ver and I have it in an older XP machine The computer has the correct drivers for the adapter and it sees that it s there and doesn t have any problems but it won t see my home network no matter what I do It s next to another computer that has a Linksys USB wireless adapter that picks up the wireless signal just fine Good signal quality according to Vista I tried to re-install with no luck it said it was already installed and I couldn t reinstall and I also tried to roll back drivers but that didn t do anything either I tried to use the zero configuration utility with Windows and tell it to connect to my home network but it still wouldn t do it I m running out of ideas is there something I haven t been thinking of Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi, i've a problem with network connection. If i connect my laptot by nic to a switch it works correctly. Otherwise if i connect it to a host directly my nic doesn't cross automatically. My old laptop did it!! Could someone help me? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/realtek-network-card-doesn-t-quot-cross-quot-automatically/td-p/5822974
Relevancy 73.53%

I'm running windows 2000 server with SP2 on a Compaq Proliant 1600 with an embedded NIC. I noticed that the ethernet adapter does not show up in the My network places properties. I have tried to get it back with tweekUI, Removing it from Device manager and reinstalling it, and ran an in-place upgrade. I have also disable the embedded NIC and tried adding a new PCI ethernet adapter, it too fails to show up. I can see the card in the command line. I have tried the netsh command to tie an IP address to the adapter and made it persistant, but the changes are lost on mandatory reboot. In order to keep the server up and running I have made it a DHCP client so I can use the machine. All comments are welcome on this one.

A:NIC card doesn't show in My Network Places properties

**** UPDATE **** I found a MS KB article on this and it was the dcom issue that eas the problem
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=254631:cool:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nic-card-doesnt-show-in-my-network-places-properties.120098/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello! Registered because I really need help.

My Compaq laptop (Vista) was working just fine last night, connected to my home wireless network all right and all. Today morning my laptop couldn't detect my home wireless network at all, but it could still detect a bunch of other networks from the neighbours. My iPhone can detect my network with no problems, my desktop computer is wired up to the router, works fine too. It's a D-Link DIR-655. This has happened before but usually gets solved when I reboot (switching off and on) my router. I've tried that, tried restarting my computer too, no use. Haven't tried anything beyond that because I'm an idiot with computers.

Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

A:Solved: Laptop cannot detect home network, can detect others

Huh ok nevermind, I reset my router, blabla, it's working again. I guess it's solved?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-cannot-detect-home-network-can-detect-others.982469/
Relevancy 72.24%

Someone asked me to help them with their wired network card no longer working after installing the software for their Android phone on a Windows 7 PC.

I tried uninstalling the card, re-installing it, and many other things, but it keepssaying there might be a problem with the driver and that no connection is available. It does detect when the network cable is unplugged.

I ran out of ideas to fix this, any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Network card doesn't work after installing LG android phone software

Is the network card a separate card or is it onboard the motherboard? What is the make and model# of the motherboard/computer? Have you gone to the manufacturers support/download drivers site typed in the computer/motherboard make and model number and downloaded the Network Adapter driver for this model computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-card-doesnt-work-after-installing-lg-android-phone-software-682068.html
Relevancy 71.81%

The vista machine connected via wire to the FIOS actiontec router can see and access the vista laptop but not vice versa. However, when I bring up the network map from the laptop network/sharing center full network, i do see the desktop but when I click on the network from the start menu, I do not see it? Why different and how can I make it work?

Thanks Patti

Also, using McAfee but both machines can be seen in the mcafee network map.

A:2 Vista Machines not networking - Shows in Network Map but doesn't show in Network

A good place to start would be to reference this MS article to ensure all of your clients are configured correctly...

File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista

I would be interested to hear back if any of the topics listed addresses your specific problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/266695-2-vista-machines-not-networking-shows-network-map-but-doesnt-show-network.html
Relevancy 71.38%

well, my brother's hdd in his laptop was going bad, it kept failing to boot. so i replaced it with another one. when i turned the laptop back on it started installing all the drivers for his hardware (windows was already installed on the 2nd hdd) and prompted me to reboot. after i did windows failed to start several times. i re-installed windows from scratch, and now his graphics card isn't showing up in device manager and windows cant find a driver for the network or ethernet card.

his specs:
gateway
windows 7 professional x64
ati mobility radeon hd 4250
broadcom bcm943225hm (network card)
amd phenom II x4 n9790
4gb ddr3

A:gpu doesn't show in device manager; network card driver install fail

update:

so, i got it to install the driver for the network adapter, but when i search for an access point, i cant see my wireless, in device manager it has "ethernet controller" listed under "other devices" with one of the ! inside an orange triangle

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/245231-gpu-doesnt-show-device-manager-network-card-driver-install-fail.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I am having an issue connecting to any wireless network Problem s existed for days for unknown reason I have uninstalled and installed and then updated drivers I also disabled and enabled the respective services from quot services msc quot but no go I typed quot cmd ipconfig all quot and that s what I received ------------ Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Solved: any wireless network card can't wireless detect My C Users Thamer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thamer-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Broadband M ak Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadband M ak Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - - D-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -A - - DHCP Enabled Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Tunnel adapter isatap D A - CBC- B-A -BAB F E EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d e ab b e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d e ab b e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DD EB B- - -AC -E FC A EADB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DE -F D- A - E - AD AC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Thamer gt ---------------------------------- TSG SysInfo Report Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO N A N A Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled ---------------------------- HiJack this Report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x WordWeb wweb exe C Program Files x ONSPEED onspeedcore exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C Program Files x Quick net ModemListener exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Zone... Read more

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I have a compaq presario laptop with a d-link ethernet card.

I use a network at home and the office.

I use Netscape for my email and I have two user profiles set up on the laptop computer.

at the office my netscape works perfectly, at home it does not....

it keeps telling me that it cannot find the server.

my desktop computer at home (hooked into the same network) works just fine.

What could be the problem?

Thank's Nanci

Relevancy 69.23%

Hello all I came across this website and forum through searching for this problem I ve come across similar problems but they all either end with the person wireless detect card network Wireless won't taking their computer to a shop or it goes unsolved Here is the issue My Wireless card won't detect wireless network computer Dell Vostro with Windows XP will not detect the wireless network we have here at home The wireless card is an Intel Pro Wireless ABG The Wireless card won't detect wireless network laptop has a light that shows if WiFi is on or not Whenever I turn on the laptop the light is usually on but not detecting any wireless network either ours or someone else s -This started happening about three weeks ago There was no damage to the computer I reformatted the laptop and reinstalled all the drivers but the problem persisted -Turns out one of our cats had thrown up on the router we had at the time so I figured that was the problem and waited until we got another one -The new one came yesterday and everything was working fine A couple hours later the problem resurfaced I rolled back the driver thinking maybe that was the issue but apparently it wasn t I tried uninstalling the wireless card and reinstalling The only thing that accomplished was deleting the profile I had on there I ve tried the simple repair option but that hasn t worked I know the router is broadcasting a signal because everyone else in the house is getting the connection Here is what is displayed when I do the IPCONFIG ALL in CMD Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings ChrisAdmin gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name chris Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain actdsltmp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -B - -A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday September P M Lease Expires Saturday September PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - C-BF- -A - C Thanks in advance Right now I m connected via ethernet Here is some additional information -Devices listed under Network adapters include Net Adapter Broadcom x Integrated Controller and the Intel adapter I mentioned earlier Intel Pro Wireless ABG Network Connection -No devices under Network adapters have a red x displayed -No devices in the Device Manager display a yellow or nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Since the anniversary update my graphics card has become invisible.

A:My PC doesn't detect my graphics card

Hi! Please provide more information. How are you looking for your graphics card? Are you looking in devise manager??

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442064-my-pc-doesnt-detect-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 67.94%

i have about a 5 yr old compaq running xp.i had bestbuy to put in a radeon 9550 avg graphics card and i had to restore my com now windows wont detect the card so when i try to install the soft ware it says it cant find any hardware to install the software.i could use any help plz and ty.
Edit/Delete Message

A:Windows doesn't detect my new graphics card

Double post

Already answered here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic112198.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-doesnt-detect-my-new-graphics-card.112205/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, I've been having this problem 2 days ago and it's a bit frustrating. I was just playing some games when it suddenly restarted automatically. My device manager doesn't seem to acknowledge my graphics card anymore for some apparent reason. I've tried plugging my monitor in my graphics card and it just seems like on a standby mode with the blank screen showing nothing. But when I plug my monitor to my motherboard port it shows up fine and is in the device manager. I've tried cleaning my drivers with "Driver Sweeper" then reinstalling the lastest driver for my graphics card, but that didn't do anything. I was hoping if anyone knows what's wrong with my graphics card . Thank you.

Is my graphics card burnt/broken?

EDIT:
Graphics card - Radeon x1900

A:System doesn't detect Graphics Card

OK first of all there are no drivers for Windows 7 supporting you card. Your card is not even supported by Windows Vista as support has been removed, therefore, the reason for the problems you have been experiencing is a driver issue not the card itself. You cannot use 6.5 drivers on you card, the reason why you are getting these blank screens and dropping out of games is because of the drivers.

Not the news you peobably wanted to here but an upgrade is needed the drivers which would have been used would have been Catalyst 9.3.

ATI Catalyst? Display Driver
Version 9.3

9.3 Operating System(s)

Windows Vista - 32-Bit Edition Products Supported

AMD has moved a number of DX9 ATI Radeon? graphics accelerators products to a legacy driver support structure. This change impacts Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux distributions. AMD has moved to a legacy software support structure for these graphics accelerator products in an effort to better focus development resources on future products.
The following products have been moved to the legacy software support structure (including Mobile and All-in-Wonder Variants):

ATI Radeon 9500 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
ATI Radeon X550 Series
ATI Radeon X600 Series
ATI Radeon X700 Series
ATI Radeon X800 Series
ATI Radeon X850 Series
ATI Radeon X1050 Series
ATI Radeon X1300 Series
ATI Radeon X1550 Series
ATI Radeon X1600 Series
ATI Radeon X1650 Series
ATI Radeon X1800 Series
ATI Radeon X1900 Series
ATI Radeon Xpress Series
ATI Radeon X1200 Series
ATI Radeon X1250 Series
ATI Radeon X2100 Series

AMD may periodically provide Windows XP and Windows Vista driver updates (for the products listed above) for critical fixes only. No new features will be provided in future driver updates. The Linux ATI Catalyst? driver will only be supported in Linux distributions prior to February 2009 for the legacy products listed above.

Any customers using a combination of a ATI Radeon? HD 2000 Series, ATI Radeon? HD 3000 Series, or ATI Radeon? HD 4000 Series product with any of the legacy products listed above in a single PC system must use the ATI Catalyst 9.3 or earlier driver. All future ATI Catalyst? releases made available past the ATI Catalyst? 9.3 release will not include support for the legacy products listed above or any of the features associated with those legacy products

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/13721-system-doesnt-detect-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Title says it all. I have two hard drives, one with Ubuntu Linux and Vista. Ubuntu works fine, and detects and uses everything. Vista doesn't see anything at all. Not even a PCI Audio... thingy. I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy.

Thanks,
Ryan

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello all I decided to switch to the newest version of the Forceware drivers for my Geforce Ti graphics card today I was running the Forceware drivers and planned on switching to the latest certified 71.84 Forceware my Solved: detect card! doesn't version drivers I created a System Restore point in XP and then removed my old drivers via the Add Remove Programs utility in the Control Panel I then restarted my computer and on startup Windows autodetected my graphics Solved: Forceware 71.84 doesn't detect my card! card I cancelled out of the autodetect wizard in order to run the install file which I had already downloaded Upon executing the install file the drivers were unzipped to the temporary NVIDIA folder but immediately after this I got an Solved: Forceware 71.84 doesn't detect my card! error message saying the NVIDIA installation could not detect a compatible display device I also tried getting windows to detect my card through the Add New Hardware util but windows was unable to see my card there I have no idea what could be causing this problem whatsoever I was thinking maybe you folks could help me out with this one Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Forceware 71.84 doesn't detect my card!

You should not cancel the Found New Hardware Wizard but let it go through so that Windows installs its generic drivers. Once they are install the Forceware installation should work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-forceware-71-84-doesnt-detect-my-card.346768/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi!

My problem is (I hope ) simple enough to resolve....

Soyo Mobo (SY 5ehm v1.3) won't detect my old but faithful SoundBlaster16
ISA,
My OS is win ME
I had sound,
but
I installed more RAM (that went OK!!!)PC133
tried a second harddrive ( no go!)Maxtor
tried second cd drive (Creative (no go))First one is a old burner, Matshita
took out second hard drive and cd
scandisk and defrag in DOS mode done
flashed my BIOS

Still no go ....What gives???

Can't wait to hear from you!!!
(no pun intended!!!! )

marilou95

Relevancy 67.94%

I recently got a VGA-HDMI Cable, so I could link my TV to my computer, but when I went to plug it in, my computer did not detect it. I then tried to force my computer to detect it, as many of the things I saw online recommended this, but this did not work either.
Please help me!
Thanks
J
Also, if its any help, my graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series, and as this is a laptop, I cant really get a new graphics card.

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 67.94%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 67.94%

My rig uses a Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless mini half-card. It reports the correct name except within the wireless network list. Instead of 6230 it reports 6320. I searched the registry to see if I could find the error, but nothing found. It's only a nuisance, and a minor one at that. Anyone else seen this? Any way I can correct it? See image below:

A:Network card name reporting incorrectly in wireless network list area

Can only suggest you may not be using the latest wireless driver, but if you are, it must be a typo in the signature file written into the card's firmware which can only be changed by the manufacturer and may be noticed by them in the next release.

If its working, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211612-network-card-name-reporting-incorrectly-wireless-network-list-area.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi folks This forum has been extremely helpful for me in the past so I'm testing your awesomeness unrelated card Inconsistent networking or problems, network to network once again I've had an Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card unusual networking problem for about a year and a half When browsing the web certain requests will just never complete on any browser Downloads are often interrupted anything larger than MB is nearly impossible Even large transfers between this machine and others on my local network will fail SCP connections will sometimes abort in the middle of a transfer It's quite inconsistent I don't have this problem for any particular resource Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card and the failure point is different every time If a particular page isn't rendering I can often go to my yahoo com which for some reason always seems to work and hit the back arrow and then the request will often complete normally Google is a little unique when I encounter this problem on Google I have to wait for the original requests to be aborted after about seconds before any further requests to Google will succeed I can't say exactly when it started but it was reasonably close to the time I updated a driver for my network adapter as instructed At the time I was on a wired network using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller adapter connecting through the wired port of an old Netgear router sorry I don't have the model number to cable broadband with NuVisions Since then I have changed just about everything except my motherboard I've disabled my old network adapter though it's still connected I'm on a wireless network using a Netgear WNDA N Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter connecting through a Linksys E to Verizon FIOS Unfortunately nothing about my problem has changed I fear a motherboard issue but I don't know how to find out Can you please help

A:Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card

Sorry, I didn't complete the checklist!

I have no anti-virus, security or firewall software. I've run numerous scans since the problem began, and they've always been clean.

Attached is the output from ipconfig /all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332865-inconsistent-networking-problems-unrelated-network-network-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

hI YALL,

i installed my graphics card geforce MX 440 64MB recently but when i boot into windows xp it doens't detect my card. Xp installs an SIS 315 driver instead. I've tried downloading the new nvidia drivers but they don't work. Please HELP

A:Xp Doesn't Detect My Geforce Mx440 Video Card

Have you uninstalled the drivers for the old card before fitting the new one?
If the old setup was onboard graphics (no card), have you disabled on board graphics in the bios before fitting the new card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-doesnt-detect-my-geforce-mx440-video-card.461051/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello, I recently performed a clean install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate onto my computer. While doing so, I had to unplug my graphics card and use the onboard video, otherwise I'd get an error about unexpected restarts.

After installing, Windows 7 doesn't detect the graphics card (the card works, but it doesn't show up under the device manager and I can't install nVidia drivers). If I use the BIOS to switch to onboard video, then that shows up on the device manager and works fine, but I use this PC for gaming so I'd prefer to use the video card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Graphics Card - nVidia 9600 GT
Motherboard - ASUS M2NPV-VM
CPU - AMD 64 4800+
RAM - 3GB

A:Windows 7 Doesn't Detect nVidia Graphics Card

Which drivers did you try, these?
NVIDIA DRIVERS 196.21 WHQL
Also, did you try running windows updates afterwards, specifically "optional" updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/69342-windows-7-doesnt-detect-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm not sure if I'm trying to do the impossible but I'll explain the situation I have this roommate that is excessively consuming the majority of the networks bandwidth I've blocked all service ports except for and a few other ones used for every day card? limit a network with network speeds traffic to How task The problem is that he is still consuming a ton of How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card? bandwidth I'm guessing by streaming or downloading through HTTP I have two WGR v router and a Realtek PCIe LAN card controller at my disposal I attempted to set QoS settings on what we will call Base Router That did not seem to do the trick because router QoS only blocks ports and slows upload speed Since that did not work I hid the SSID MAC filtered connections to the Base Router and then connected my computer to the Base Router and rebroadcasted the signal using a Secondary Router using a shared connection which I gave him access to The point of this was an attempt How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card? to control bandwidth through the Realtek LAN card I am not having any luck with this though I've set the adapter to Mbps at half duplex already Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look into for limiting bandwidth I want him to have Internet but not abuse it like he's doing because that is not what we agreed upon

A:How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card?

If you want to solve the issue using your existing equipment, you can try dd-wrt on one WGR614v10. See this thread (DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - WGR614v10 Support - Jump to post 9) which claims that there is a dd-wrt flash for WNR1000v3 which works on WGR614v10. Then look a thread like this (DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - Steps for Permanently limit Bandwidth of a PC using DD-WRT ?) to setup the limits. You can start a new thread in those forums if you want someone to walk you thru the steps.

Or you can just buy a router/access point that has a bandwidth limiting feature for each SSID that it broadcasts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314446-how-limit-network-traffic-speeds-network-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm trying desperately to set up my network on Windows but have hit a bump in that it just cannot find my network I checked Device Manager Network Setup Card) Network (Belkin Cannot N1 Wireless to see if the card was found - it was with a troubleshoot exclamation point on it I removed the card used the installation disc and am not able to get very far After the install after which nothing happens I click on Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) the Belkin Wireless Networking Utility icon on the desktop and it says quot missing shortcut searching for Belkinwcui exe quot after Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) which I get a window saying quot The item Belkinwcui exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed of moved so this Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) shortcut will no longer work properly quot That exe file isn't anywhere in my computer searching through Explorer In fact in the Belkin install folder Program Files x - gt Belkin - gt FSD v there just looks like maybe a driver AegisE dll and an application AegisI that doesn't run My next choice I guess is to take my PC upstairs and line it into my modem base station directly but I'd rather not move it Am I missing something Why won't this work How come I can't install my Wireless Card Please help if you can Thanks

A:Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card)

I'm experiencing an almost identical issue. I had the same problems with the installation disc. After multiple install / unistall / restarts I was able to get the client installed. However, when I click to open the .exe nothing happens.

On top of that, the system is not recognizing the card. I tried all 4 PCI slots with no success.

I installed this same card (same model, different physical card) on a pc running xp sp3 very easily. Since that was so easy I bought another card for my windows 7 machine.

However, I was lazy and didn't do any research. Before I came upon this forumn I found a couple of google links saying this card was incompatible with vista (therefore incompatible with w7?).

Any else out there get this card working?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/30807-cannot-setup-wireless-network-belkin-n1-network-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Our internet service provider updated our internet speed from 100mbps to 1000mbps for no extra cost. We had a Netgear n150 wireless router but it wouldn't support the 1000mbps speed. We were told we needed to upgrade to a r6300 netgear router which is capable of 1000mbps. Now were are told we need to install an ethernet PCI network card or a network adapter. I am told we have to have a 2.0 port for the network adapter to work. It would be cheaper for us to install the internal Ethernet PCI Card, my problem is I don't know which one to buy. I know we need one that is rated 1000mbps, are these universal or will we have to buy one that fits each brand of computer?

Relevancy 67.08%

I recently reformatted my computer and reinstalled Vista to it. I installed all the necessary drivers etc. and rebooted. But it still says "You are not connected to any networks" when the light on my router says that i am connected to the home network. It keeps saying to insert a network cable.
In the devices manager, the network card driver seems to be functioning normally.

Is there a fix for this?

The network card is a Realtek RTL 8111C on-board chip.

Also, ive read somewhere else that USB & 1394 drivers having conflicting effects with lan drivers. I installed an "Intel INF Configuration patch" which contained a crapload of USB Drivers which supposedly "configured properly" the intel motherboard chipsets, but im not so sure about that.

A:Solved: No Network Available - LAN card working but cannot connect to network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-network-available-lan-card-working-but-cannot-connect-to-network.753919/
Relevancy 67.08%

Sister has Lenova 3000 c200 series laptop, approx 5 years old which has onboard network card which according to specs (as I haven't looked inside), has
IEEE 802.11b and IEEE 802.11g,her linksys router is about same age too and am sure they both need updating, especially as she is moving to area where broadband speed check shows it will be even slower than where she lives now...

Question is :-

Can I upgrade to IEEE 802.11n, and if so, do I have to change the old internal card, or can I buy and insert an external network card adaptor, and then change BIOS settings to disable internal one and enable new one.Just want easiest solution please.
Will also upgrade her router.
Any help much appreciated

Relevancy 66.65%

I sent this laptop in for repair awhile ago and I just noticed that my computer doesn't recognize my dedicated NVIDIA 650m graphics card. It's not avalible in device manager or anything. It's as if it doesn't exist. I've started doing some work where I really need it and I'm stuck with the integrated graphics. I've ensured every drive is up to date, I've tried downloading drivers from NVIDIA's website, and I've tried downloading HP's posted Windows 8 drivers (there's nothing for WIndows 10). Nothing has worked so far.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-dv6t-7000-doesn-t-detect-graphics-card/td-p/5638917
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I m pretty much lost here A while ago I reinstalled windows XP on my parents PC On my next visit they told me there is no sound I checked to see through dxdiag that it does not detect any sound card So I thought I perhaps forgot the sound drivers It has integrated audio chipset and I didn t know exactly which audio drivers to install Tried a bunch some didn t even install and others installed but no sound still audio, drivers sound doesn't No no detect work, card Then I uninstalled audio drivers and just tried to do a windows update That No audio, no drivers work, doesn't detect sound card redirected me to a bunch of sound drivers No audio, no drivers work, doesn't detect sound card tried the newest one - same no sound still And dxdiag still says that there is no sound card After a while I found the driver CD for the motherboard Installed the sound drivers from there and STILL no sound So No audio, no drivers work, doesn't detect sound card I m pretty much stumped Maybe the the hardware is failing The motherboard is relatively new about a year old Any ideas Much appreciated Vlad nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I have an older Medion akoya p laptop running W x The option for wireless card broken. in Windows possibly - wireless doesn't detect laptop in windows has vanished like the pc doesn't have a wireless card just as it would appear on a normal desktop pc - only LAN It works fine with cable Device manager shows no wireless option either I have tried system Windows doesn't detect wireless card in laptop - possibly broken. restore then formatting and dl'ing wlan and lan drivers from the medion website Same problem When i try to enable wifi using the Fn keyboard shortcut nothing happens The little led does not turn on At this point I'm feeling like card is just broken and that it is a hardware issue What do you think I'm considering buying a dongle like this one TP-LINK TL-WN N Netv rksadapter USB Model TL-WN N pc-lager dk Would this thing enable me to have wifi Any help is appreciated EDIT I forgot to mention that when I did a system restore it worked temporarily and I had internet access but after a restart it stopped working In the past it was hit or miss whether or not it would work so again I'm leaning towards a hardware issue Maybe there are some things I missed though

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399908-windows-doesnt-detect-wireless-card-laptop-possibly-broken.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone

I have recently installed windows 7 (64) and wanted to put more RAM in. I started off with 2Gb and added 1 Gb of ram to make 3Gb (No problems Here). I then added another 2Gb of ram bringing it up to 5 Gb (Now the fun begins!)

Windows 7 runs fine and I can play games with the 5Gb...but... I can't seen to get on the internet! It comes up saying unidentified network! I take out the 2Gb and everything is ok again and i can get back online and everything.

I was told to make sure all my drivers are updated which I did and they are all up to date.

Please help, does anyone have any answers??

A:Ram affects Network card?? Unidentified network?? Win 7

What if you use this driver: Marvell: Download Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40849-ram-affects-network-card-unidentified-network-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.93%

My wi-fi connection is not working in my laptop. It was an hour ago. My pc hibernated and now it cannot connect. I am using Windows Vista / HP Pavilion dv6000 / 32-bit operating System / processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64X2 Dual Core Processor. I updated the BIOS. Still nothing. I went to a Wi-Fi hot spot....still no response...any suggestions?

A:I need help...Wi-FI will not detect network

Hi

is your wifi turned on, on some laptops you press the FN key and then one of the F keys, on others its a small switch or press button.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-wi-fi-will-not-detect-network.123857/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have recently formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows XP S3. I also installed all the drivers that came with the various hardware. However, windows cannot detect my network device. (Marvell Yukon 8E8001) I tried installing the drivers manually, but still nothing shows up under Device Manager. The network lights on the back of the PC doesn't light up, it's as if the device is completely missing. I don't understand how it is possible for a network device to just disappear. Can anyone please help me?

A:Cannot detect network

Can you enter the BIOS settings (F2, F12 or DEL key) upon booting and check the BIOS menus for LAN Card/Ethernet Adapter to ensure it is not DISABLED?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-detect-network.911361/
Relevancy 64.93%

After i deleted a couple registry entries from the software sections of my registry it was bitdefender 9 entries, i removed them all. I restart my computer and then i get no internet connection. the wireless icon managed by windows is on the bottom riht of my screen idle, i VIEW WIRELESS NETWORKS and no wireless networks come on, it says to make sure it is switched on. my wireless cannot be turned off its a card inside the desktop. When i system restore it will work, but i want to fix it without restoring.

What are the procedures to start my wireless conection. I am kind of advanced in this field, ive tried a few things ive repaired etc.

my router is fine, my drivers are fine.
THANKS

Relevancy 64.93%

Have two PCs hooked up to Linksys router. SOmetimes mine will not connect to the Internet, and I reboot router, and it works. I know its not the router as we have switched ports and my wife's always connects to the port I normall use. What might I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-detect-network-sometimes.724740/
Relevancy 64.07%

recently reformated my computer ive done it many times before and i dont recall this happening to me last time but my computer failed to recognize my network devide so im stuck with the 1394 connection that isnt allowing me to connect, i was wondering if anyone can help me identify my network driver

Relevancy 64.07%

I set up a wireless network that looked like this:

Internet --> Wireless Router --> XP Desktop --> Printer
|
Vista Laptop

This was all working fine until I started tweaking vista on my laptop and downloading vista updates. Then suddenly, my vista laptop can't detect the desktop, although my desktop can detect the laptop (although it can't access it). I can still access the broadband that is being broadcasted wirelessly from the desktop (or maybe it's just from the modem, in which case it explains why it stil works).

I've installed all updates for vista between installing the network and this problem.
I've changed services in services.msc. Although I've changed it all back to what it was before.
I removed some 'Windows Functions' from 'Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features.

Were there functions or services specific to network/printer sharing? DId any updates change how this should work?

More importantly, can anyone help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-detect-other-computer-on-network-209950.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hai,   I recently reinstall windows 7 on my laptop. Now it doesn't detect wifi networks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-network-not-detect/td-p/5826760
Relevancy 64.07%

I have Computer cannot detect Network searched around and seen that many people have the same problem with the quot media disconnected quot message from ipconfig My computer is the only one of laptops that cannot see the network It had been working fine since we got the new service up until this morning We are using Verizon FIOS as our ISP and they have a combination modem and router Thank you for any help you can provide My ipconfig when connected through ethernet Computer cannot detect Network cable is as follows Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Bryan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name BryanLaptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D - A-BB- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address -E -B -C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc f f e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FB D -FEA - - F - B C br FB Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e f bd f fefa Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe f bd f fefa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Bryan gt

A:Computer cannot detect Network

Have you tried

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-cannot-detect-network-195631.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I just bought a new HP Pavillion desktop and it came with a LITE-ON PCI Express wireless-n adapter using a Ralink driver I have updated to detect network 802.11n Unable the driver to the latest version The problem is I cannot connect Unable to detect 802.11n network to the n network I have set up I can connect just fine to the g network I m using a Netgear dual band router I have a laptop on the n network and I get a signal just fine next to my desktop I have tried the diagnostic tools packaged with the HP and it says everything is fine on my adapter but so far no signal My suspicion is that the n band is somehow not set up to work in it s default settings These are the current driver settings but changing them has not helped anything Adhoc support for n disabled Country region ghz - Country region ghz - IEEE h disabled Multimedia Gaming environment disabled Powersaving mode MAX PSP Radio on off enabled Anyone have any ideas on how I can check to see if the n part of my wireless n adapter is working or turned on Thanks Mike nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-detect-802-11n-network.795727/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey,
I re-installed windows 7 on my laptop and now it won't detect my wireless network card (I use Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230). If I used devmgmt it won't turn up under network adapters. I tried installing the drivers, but it's not working since they can't find a network card that supports them. I've also tried reinstalling the chipset, but to no avail. In devmgmt I can find under other units something that is called networkscontroller, but it has a a yellow warning triangle with a ! inside it.

How can I get my wifi to work again? please help me

A:Cannot detect network driver

The device labeled "networkscontroller" could be the card. Use the update driver under the device properties and point it to the drivers. You could also uninstall the device, reboot, and then install the drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-detect-network-driver.1108463/
Relevancy 64.07%

hello guys..
I have a wired network, a broadband router and 2 desktop PCs working properly. I tried connecting a laptop to the network using a 5m cable and it work properly. Now i am trying to connect the laptop to the network using one of the cables of my existing connection but it doesn't work. If i try to connect the cable on my desktop PC it works but when i connect it to the laptop it cannot detect the network..

Please help.. Thanks..

A:Laptop cant detect network

Welcome to TSG:
Let's start with some basics.
Make and model of modem and router.?
operating system and level?

Let's check the connection basics,like so:

Basic network setup procedure

From a Johnwill tech tip:

The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.

Note that the wireless encryption and channel selection will have to be done after the basic wired connection is established, the first step is to get wired connections working.
• Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
• Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
• Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
• Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
• Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
• Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
• Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-detect-network.840636/
Relevancy 64.07%

On windows 7 laptop , I normally connect to WIFI but every now and then I plug into my LAN as well through cable. I want to know if there is way to auto-detect network connection (LAN) automatically and perform some other tasks.

Would there be any events logged when I plug into LAN, so that I can use event triggers. I am open to other options as well.

Malli Boppe MCITP Enterprise Messaging Exchange 2010

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c1e88aaf-e03a-4548-843a-2d5e749efeae/detect-network-connection?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I badly need help I can't detect all other wi-fi connections except to just one connection which is my Home Network I have tried detecting other networks when I'm in school and in coffee shops but my laptop won't detect their networks My iPhone seems to detect and connect to their connections So what to do lt Here is my network text Thank you in advance Windows IP Configuration Code Host Name Kathy-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address C- - D- F- D-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address C- - D- F- D-F detect Wi-Fi network(Home) other Can't Need except Help: one all DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Need Help: Can't detect all other Wi-Fi except one network(Home) Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe da d c ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday June PM Lease Expires Saturday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E - -F - Need Help: Can't detect all other Wi-Fi except one network(Home) D-A - F-C - F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address F - D-A - F-C - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c c d fc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E - -F - D-A - F-C - F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter Need Help: Can't detect all other Wi-Fi except one network(Home) VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a e d f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E - -F - D-A - F-C - F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C A EA -ADBB- D - - C CE EF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CEAF - E C- C- F -F BFB B E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B F -A CF- E -A E- DCC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F F D- F - E - B- C F C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FC D - E - EF - E- FD F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suf... Read more

A:Need Help: Can't detect all other Wi-Fi except one network(Home)

You should try disabling those extra virtual adaptors that you aren't using.

You should also uninstall those extra tunnel adaptors which you can see by going into device manager and click the "view" tab and select "show hidden devices". If there are too many of the tunnel adaptors it can cause problems. I have a file that will remove them automatically if there are to many of them.

Here is the 6 to4 tunnel adaptor remover file. Save file, unzip and run then reboot machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/232701-need-help-cant-detect-all-other-wi-fi-except-one-network-home.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I brought home a computer from Computer won't detect network my office where it is connected to a network I runs Windows Vista Business SP It was loaded with viruses so I took offline and ran a bunch of cleaners My last scan turned up no threats I plugged a cat e cable from my router to the computer The computer cannot read that is Computer won't detect network connected I have AT amp T Uverse as my ISP There are no status lights for the LAN ports to detect activity and the network card on the PC has no activity lights either I've tested the port by plugging in my laptop with the same cable and I was able to connect and surf I also went to Computer won't detect network the device manager and there were no alerts on the driver for the network card I was thinking that it might be because it is from the office and maybe there is some network setting that might have to be changed Please let me know why this is happening

A:Computer won't detect network

Hi, you should talk to your IT dept at work, your office computer was most likely part of a domain. We cannot help you circumvent what your employer has put into place.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-wont-detect-network-691917.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a hp pc that runs windows XP .
I have A belkin wireless usb.
And a belking router.
My laptop captures the signal and detects it but my pc doesnt.
This happened out of no where.
It shows that theres no network availaible when there is .
please help.
ive tried everything and you guys are my only hope .
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!! =]

A:Cannot Detect Wireless Network On My PC =9

Try some of the suggestions in this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870702 Good Luck !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284705/cannot-detect-wireless-network-on-my-pc-9/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok so last night we had a power cut while my computer was on never good Anyway instead of restarting i just decided to go to bed I wake up this morning only to find out Cant detect type network that my wireless connection is broken As far as i can tell my pci card Cant detect network type that i use to connect is a no-name brand But has been working fine for many months now etc etc I also have a semi-broken wireless dongle that i have also tried by safecom So too the point Using the pci card i first try using the third party software that came with it I press enable to the netgear network and it just sits there with a red tick next to it usually changes to a green Thinking this to be odd i try using the windows zero config I try to connect to the network and it pauses while saying quot detecting network type quot then i get the message quot unable to connect to network it may be out of range try refreshing quot but it always stays in the network list and i have no problems there I take out my old wireless dongle It works just the solder connecting the USB connector and the card is broken so i have to prop it up at an angle to get it to work So after installing this again i try connecting only to get the same message So i take out my m Ethernet cable and run it all around the house to the router and it works But as you can probably tell this isnt convenient This is pretty much the problem i can try on another machine to connect later but a few are down for other reasons but i haven t fixed them because there not mine So i can test it out on another computer to see if netgear kicked the bucket but i dont think so because wired connections work fine Im running xp home edition SP Ive looked on windows knowledge database etc disabled all firewalls checked in the event log along with a wide variety of other things such as resitting the card My network is wep encrypted but i dont get a prompt and third party programs manage the encryption not windows but the third party programs arnt even giving me an error message just not connecting nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I jus got my laptop with vista business..im living in an campus accomodation which has its own network..i entered the correct workgroup name, and while my friends are downloadin files from other computers on the netwrok, i still cant..i can see a far less number of computers on my netwrok screen..also sometimes each computer has 2 icons, one which looks like a computer and the other which looks like as if its some media file(this opens windows media player when its double clicked)..can anyone help me as to how i can detect all the computers in the network and then proceed to download from htem..btw, all my friends are using XP..The windows and norton firewalls are off..

Relevancy 63.21%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,
I am having a Toshiba Satellite A105 - S 4114 with Windows XP, SP3. I was using the LAN & Wireless network adaptor without any problem. A week back Windows XP got updated & from then LAN & Wifi network adaptor are not getting detected.
In the device manage both the adaptors are not preset. If I add the adaptors from the ‘Add Hardware’ its getting added as Intel PRO/1000 PL network connection#2 & Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection#2 but its not working.

I am using the following adaptors with version (working):-
LAN network adaptor: Intel PRO/1000 PL network connection, Version 9.2.24.0

Wireless network adaptor: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection, Version 10.1.0.13

I tried to download the new drives for both the adaptors, but nothing is working.
Please let me know the solution

Thanks in advance,
Vini

A:Cannot detect network adaptor in my system.

Hiya Vini_2603.

It`s odd that they`ve disappeared from Device Manager and not just flagged up as a problem item. Do you have anything at all under Network Adapters?

In Dev Man, right-click the computers name at the very top and `Scan for hardware changes` to see if that comes up with anything.

The drivers are no good if the adapters aren`t being seen to start with !

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-detect-network-adaptor-in-my-system.917634/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys!

Today I bought a Belkin Wireless G Router to share my cable connection with my sister's laptop. I setup the router perfectly and she can detect and use the wireless connection!

My problem is that I want to use the wireless connection on my laptop too, and it won't detect it. It is really strange because we have both laptops side by side and we can detect our neighbours connections, but my laptop refuses to "find" the one I setup.

I've tried disabling WZC and using the software from Intel (my wireless adapter), but it wont work!

Could someone give me a hand!
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 63.21%

windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need to reinstall the driver, i cannot get on to the net to reinstall the driver , ALSO TRIED THE DEVICE MANAGER,ethernet and network controller have got yellow warning sign and when you press any of them they cannot find the drivers , help please,windows 7 ultimate 32 bit

A:pc cant detect network adapter driver

hi can you provide the make and model of the pc or the motherboard?

if it's an onboard ethernet then you need to visit the manufacters website for the correct drivers.

if you bought the board yourself you would have been supplied a disc with all the relevent drivers for the network adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/166862-pc-cant-detect-network-adapter-driver.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey there I just moved into a new apartment and I bought a usb wireless adapter so I could make use of the virgin media broadband I ve only ever used the internet on this computer via my ethernet connection I installed the network adapter with no problem using the CD included in the box and it appears in my device manager detect wireless to my Unable network and is working correctly However when I look look at the available networks I can only find BT Openzone it s a pay as you go service I m using it now to try and fix this and some random BTHomeHub I should be able to see a lot more including my Virgin Media network but I can t It was the best Dongle in the store so I m guessing it s not an issue of proximity I m also certain that the network should be publicly visable I d be grateful if someone could suggest some possible fixes I ll provide any further information you require Some Unable to detect my wireless network things you will need to know OS Windows XP PRO SP ISP Virgin Media USB Wireless adapter Belkin Play dual-band N F D I have used Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and it does not detect any networks other than the two I ve mentioned Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp H Documents and Settings Glenn gt ipconfig Unable to detect my wireless network all Windows IP Configuration Host Name glenn-una nvz Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Unable to detect my wireless network Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D- - -B - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Belkin Play Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - - B- F- - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday June PM Lease Expires Thursday June PM H Documents and Settings Glenn gt Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Can someone tell me why I can't detect my usual Wireless network. I can see other secured networks. When I go into the properties of the wireless network I can see the network name and all the details which are saved, but it is not recognizing it as available.

There is no problem with the router/network itself as 3 other computers in the house can see it. And yes, the wireless button is turned on.

A:Can't detect my usual wireless network

Not much we can tell you from here... You may have a hardware failure, or an infestation, or a software error.
First thing I would do is remove, reboot, and reinstall your connection... on what may be a long road to recovery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-detect-my-usual-wireless-network.147468/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all,

This is somewhat embarrassing. I have an Acer Aspire 5044WLMi laptop with built-in 802.11g wireless LAN capability. "Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter" is the name.

However, I keep getting the "No wireless network were found in range. Make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on." error message.

I'm *pretty sure* that the "wireless switch" is the button between the bluetooth and the microphone input jack on the side of my laptop that is closest to me (south side).

It's a really long shot, but can anyone tell me what's going on? Am I missing something really obvious here? I've tried googling but to no avail. I've also tried disabling/re-enabling the connection.. again to no avail.

Any help/ideas is appreciated.

A:Cannot detect wireless network nearby

Try reseting the wireless router also.. Or unplug it and wait 30 mins then plugin again and see if if works. Also restart the laptop too while you're at it..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-detect-wireless-network-nearby.68678/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have Verizon Wireless 4G LTE mifi network but for some reason, my PC won't detect it. I had it on the computer once before, but then I had to take my computer to a repair shop to get a new hard drive, and when I booted up my PC after bringing it home, for some reason the Verizon wireless network does NOT show up on my computer under network connections or on the list of availible wireless networks, and I have absolutely NO clue how to get the my PC to detect the network, any ideas?

A:Windows XP can't detect wireless network

Usually the best place to start is the user manual. Connection instructions start on page 15.

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/mifi_2200_ota/mifi_2200_ota.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-cant-detect-wireless-network.1002646/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have hp compaq 610 with xp sp3, button for wireless have blue light, but when search for wireless network , it can't found any network and ask is the wireless switch on. Network adapter is broadcom. Please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-compaq-610-cant-detect-wirelees-network.895427/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am trying to set up wireless internet in my home with a Netgear WGT624v4 router. After shutting everything down and starting up my modem, waiting, and then plugging in the router, the "wireless" led should, after a minute, remain on, instead it just flashes.
I am able to detect the wireless network on my computer, but when I try to connect, it just times out. What should I do?

Relevancy 63.21%

HP G60-635DX laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Using a Netgear Wireless-N Router Model WNR2000.

My GF just bought herself this new laptop, and were having trouble detecting or connecting to my home Wireless network. She did a scan for surrounding networks and found a bunch but did not list my network.

I thought maybe there was a problem with my router and shut it off and back on again, but that didn't help. The PCs connected via cable to the router have internet access jut fine, and My Xbox 360 and Wii are connected wireless without trouble.

Any ideas on how to get her laptop to detect my wireless network?

A:New Laptop can't detect my home network.

Hi -

Does the Ethernet connection on laptop provide Internet connectivity?

As for wifi, let's check drivers, signal, etc...

Download the EXE file, save to Documents. RIGHT-click on EXE file, select "Run as Administrator"

http://jcgriff2.com/0x2/netsh_lan_wl..._jcgriff2_.exe

2 Notepads will open behind each other. Save both, zip them up and attach to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-laptop-cant-detect-my-home-network-489427.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I work on a network of a few hundred computers connected with a myriad of switches, hubs and servers. Our connections range from 10Mb/s to 1Gb/s. Is there any way I can create a report of all the connected computers on the subnet and how fast each is connected?

Ideally it would say something like:
(Computer Name) 100Mb/s
(Computer Name) 10Mb/s
... ...

Basically, I'm trying to figure out which computers are still on slower connection so we remove/replace hubs and increase network speed.

Any software solution would be great. We're running an Active Directory Setup and also have Desktop Authority.

A:Is there a way to detect network connection speed?

Probably some sort of network survey application. I've never had the need, so I don't have any specific recommendations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-way-to-detect-network-connection-speed.610308/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello. I have a process on my computer that is sending out UDP network scans to every address on 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x. The packets are on random ports and continuous. I noticed it on my router log. What software can I use to attempt to detect what process is sending the scans. It does not happen in safe mode with networking. I killed most processes and the scan continued. Please advise the best course of action.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I ve tried searching and searching for solutions but I can t find any Okay here s my problem My laptop can t detect any wireless network but I m sure the router is working well because my PSP can connect to it Also when I plug in my Wireless USB adapter I can easily get a signal I think last week it was working right I installed my quot wireless USB adapter quot days ago then I checked my wireless adapter poof I can t connect anymore But the USB adapter works well that s what I m using sometimes instead of my built-in wireless card RaLink RT RT a b g Wireless LAN My laptop is Advent You can see the full specs here - http www uktsupport co uk advent laptop htm I uninstalled my wireless card and reinstalled it I even downloaded the lastest driver from Ralink - Router s SSID is broadcasting - Wireless adapter is enabled - I tried to disable AVG s firewall still no good I can connect with my USB adapter even if it is enabled - Installed the lastest driver of my netword card - Network card is turned on I didn t make any changes at all I just installed my USB wireless adapter Btw when I open Ralink Config Utility I can switch to AP mode I don t know what does it do though so I assume my network card is still good Here s my IPCONFIG ALL up to wireless adapter only Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name zhyptyx Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink Wireless LAN Card V Physical Address - D-F - A-D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s a screenshot of my Device Manager If there s some info that can't detect Laptop wireless network any I missed please let me know Thank you in advance -Abe nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

I'm having big problems with my PC running vista ultimate detecting any available network I'm having to use my second PC which is XP to connect to the network network cant detect 64 my wireless Vista to write this and having splashed out on a uber machine to play online thats pozzing me off Heres the story so far In my old house I had both my PCs XP-pro and Vista ultimate connecting to my wireless network without problem Moved to a new house and the ISP provider sent me a new WIFI gateway netopia nwg which is the same model as my old one and therefore a new network to Vista 64 cant detect my wireless network set up Set up my Xp PC with the SSID and WPA pass and it Vista 64 cant detect my wireless network connects no problem Yet my vista PC refuses to see any available networks even if I power-up the old router which it used to detect and connect to Meanwhile trusty Xp detects both gateways In device manager my PCI WLAN adapter is showing as working 'it is a buffalo g using the broadcom chip' As I could not Vista 64 cant detect my wireless network get the cards drivers to work with vista as there are no bit drivers available by buffalo it defalted to the windows generic drivers that came with the vista installation disc It worked with these drivers at my previous house for over a year I've trawled the web for more time than I care to sacrifice and there are similar cases of vista not detecting networks but no solutions that have helped me Tried netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset resetlog txt netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log turning off IP and link layer topology discovery changed regedit HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services ndisuio start value to made sure WLAN autoconfig is auto and started and all its dependancys ran sfc scannow in CMD prompt nothing worked and am still trawling for help Im sure all my hardware is good so my thinking is that this is a software issue Dont stop this is where it gets interseting Progress update Got fed up and did a system restore to an early working date On reboot BSOD then a report that a file was corrupt or missing and advice to repair using install disk This failed and I thought sod it I'll do a clean install As vista wont install with gb of ram this ment dismantling a couple of coolers to get at the ram grrr Anyhow vista installed no problem after that And hey-presto my network was available set up my wireless config and connected to the internet With glee I updated all my drivers with the PC rebooting and finding my network each time Updated vista all the way to service pack still have a connection Installed the most exellent game COD and tested it online Exellent it took six hours installing and updating but I can look forward to a Saterdaynight of multiplayer mayhem Switched off PC played with the kids had dinner talked to the wife And then got my self a cuppa tea and switched on my PC You guessed it no wireless network detected by vista FEEL MY PAIN Let the knowledge flow people I'm getting desperate here

A:Vista 64 cant detect my wireless network

You know, Ive been battling with a wireless network connection in Vista x86 and x64 for 2 years now. I am using a Netgear WG111v2 USB adaptor, which I know is a bit older.. But I get constant drops, and 50% of those drops from the network result in the inabillity to find a network connection.

The adaptor only connects to the network when plugged in one specific USB port, the other ones result in finding the network but being unable to connect.

Very frustrating. I could just upgrade my adaptor, I hear USB ones are not that great to use, but if anyone has any information on this as well Id appreciate it..

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/203501-vista-64-cant-detect-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi.

In a house with 2 pc's and 3 laptops.

All are working fine expcept for one laptop.

It was happily connected to the wireless network one day and then the next it wouldn't detect the wireless network, even though it was sitting next to the router. Tried viewing wireless networks, refreshing network list etc.

It will work fine if it is connected by a wire to the router, and is picking up our neighbours networks. Just not ours!

It works on Windows XP.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Hannah

A:One Laptop Won't detect Wireless network!! Help!!

Have you tried resetting the router by unplugging the power cord for a few seconds an plugging it back in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-laptop-wont-detect-wireless-network-help.635623/
Relevancy 63.21%
Relevancy 63.21%

If i am connected to the domain at work, can they tell i'm playing a game such as WoW on my laptop?

just wondering how all that works

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello guys

When i bought my laptob it was without any operating system to save some money, because i had my own windows 7 32 bit. I installed it and everything worked, except that the laptop could not detect any wireless network adapter. Luckily i had a friend who's brother could help me. Unfortunately i do not know how or what he did, but some how he managed to make it work.

But a few months later i wanted to upgrade my 32 bit to 64, since i could only use ,4 GB ram,So i bought a win 7 ultimate 64 bit and installed it. Now i face the same problem, my laptop can not detect any wireless network adapter,

I hope you guys can help me, because this is really freaking me out. specially because this is my office laptop and without any internet acces i can't participate in office works.

A:can not detect any wireless network adapter

Hi have you gone to hp support and download and install the wireless driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371957-can-not-detect-any-wireless-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 63.21%

hi everyone...hope i can get some help here
i'm connected to a wireless network in my college that requires certain proxies.
is it possible to find these proxies ourselves?[without asking people :grin:]
hope u get what i mean. sorry for my bad english.
C:\Documents and Settings\****>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : aioxen
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : ucsihq.edu

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1D-72-47-1D-22