Windows Support Forum

AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

Q: AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

So I just installed my 8350 about two days ago and I just found out that it isn't running to its full potential. It's running at 2812 MHz. when it should be running at at least 4k MHz. I tried running my game to see if it will go up and maybe its just idle to save power but that did not work. Then I went into my bios and turned off all my C-State (c1e, c6 are the only two I have). And that did not do the trick and I have ran into a brick wall. Please help me.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

I have 3 possible solutions to the issue: 1) The CPU is flawed. 2) You are in a power saving Windows state. 3) Your CPU is running hot, which will throttle its speed to something lower.

In order to check whether your PC is in a power saving mode, go to the start menu and type in "power options". Choose the one listed under "control panel". Once you click it, it should bring up a window that tells you what power state you are in. Choose the "Balanced" plan if it is in power saving mode and see if that helps.

Secondly, download and run RealTemp and tell me what the CPU temperature is at idle and when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-8350-not-getting-correct-speed.199067/
Relevancy 56.76%

i just installed nero 6 and i tried the "nero infotool"
why does my bus speed = 133MHz

my pc:
Sony VAIO Digital Studio PCV-RX850 PC Desktop
Processor Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
motherboard bus speed = 533Mhz

is nero incorrect, is it a diff bus speed or did sony lie about their info
what other freeware i can use to double check my motherboard bus speed

A:bus speed, is this correct

That sounds right [email protected] a multiplier of 9 =2.4 gig

Just make certain the multiplier is at 9

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bus-speed-is-this-correct.193353/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a PIII 533 CPU and an ABIT VA6 Motherboard. When booting it says PIII 266 CPU. I've gone into the "soft menu setup" and tried to correct it but then the computer won't boot. I get the error message "CPU has change..unworkable.." I've done all I could think of including reformatting my HD and updating all drivers for my VIA chipset. I ran Intel's Processor Frequency Utility and it says I have a 533/100 but its running at 265/66. I've had this problem for so long!! Any help would be very much appreciated.

A:CPU speed not correct

Very strange...

Your problem is at the hardware level (no need to reformat your HD or anything).

Has this happened since you've gotten this mobo/CPU, or have you done a BIOS update? Check for updates? Upgraded the CPU recently?

Im somewhat familer with ABIT boards... there is usually a problem that causes the MOBo to go to a default mode.

You may have to contact ABIT directly on this one...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-speed-not-correct.86278/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have 3 x 2gb Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 ram sticks. I ran blackbox, and it tells me the memory is running at 533mhz? And if I read it correctly, it's underclocked by 20%??

Is this all wrong? And if so, how do I fix?

I did read this, but it didn't really explain things for me http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/55...e-read-posting

It says effective speed is double core speed, which would make my effective speed 1066 if the frequency listed by black box were "core". But it's supposed to be 1600mhz

Corsairs C7D ram is advertised, and sold as 7:7:7:20. Black box reports it as 8:8:8:20?

thanks
Tanya

A:Is my memory speed correct?

Quote: Originally Posted by Yanta

I have 3 x 2gb Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 ram sticks. I ran blackbox, and it tells me the memory is running at 533mhz? And if I read it correctly, it's underclocked by 20%??

Is this all wrong? And if so, how do I fix?

I did read this, but it didn't really explain things for me MEMORY FAQ (please read before posting) - Memory - Motherboards-Memory

It says effective speed is double core speed, which would make my effective speed 1066 if the frequency listed by black box were "core". But it's supposed to be 1600mhz

Corsairs C7D ram is advertised, and sold as 7:7:7:20. Black box reports it as 8:8:8:20?

thanks
Tanya

If I recall correctly, LGA 1366 quad cores support a max of 1066 unless you overclock.

Edit: http://www.intel.com/products/proces...rei7/index.htm it says

Quote:
3 Channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/95016-my-memory-speed-correct.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I've built a computer for the first time and I'm not sure about a few things.. First of all my memory frequency is only clocked at 266.7mhz. Isn't that really low considering I have dual DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) sticks? Also is my timing good on it or should I modify it in anyway? Thanks for the help!

A:Are my timings/cpu bus speed correct?

Since you haven't posted any information about your system in your profile, you could at least help us & do it here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-timings-cpu-bus-speed-correct.73582/
Relevancy 55.9%

Just installed a q6600 cpu into my p5b board (which has been updated to most recent bios). However it is running at 1.6 ghz, not 2.4. Anybody give me any help?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I am trying to set my RAM to the correct speed of MHz but I am unable to get it above MHz Here are the machine specs Intel Core i ASRock P Deluxe Crucial DDR Mhz - - - x GB Link PowerColor Radeon HD Speed Cannot To Get RAM Solved: Correct MB I noticed that CPU-Z shows the following www talnivarr co uk sites todd images cpuzmem png www talnivarr co uk sites todd images cpuzspd png Note that the RAM is set to run at MHz i e x but that the timings table for MHz matches the expected figures Restart in BIOS the RAM is being detected as DDR MHz www talnivarr co uk sites todd images sysover jpg I have already set it to manually www talnivarr co uk sites todd images Solved: Cannot Get RAM To Correct Speed tweak jpg www talnivarr co uk sites todd images ramfreq jpg The only other relevant options I have is the timings page www talnivarr co uk sites todd images ramtiming jpg Anyone know what is going on here How do I get my RAM to run at the correct speed nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (Thoroughbred)
MSI KT4 Ultra Motherboard
1.5GB PC2700 DDR 266Mhz
Windows XP Pro

Hi, with the above setup, the board is reporting that the processor is an XP 2200+ at 1.6Ghz. It should be a 2400+ at 2Ghz.

In the BIOS frequency controls the FSB is 133Mhz and the multiplier is set to Auto. According to my research it should be on 15.0 to make it 2Ghz so I have tried setting it to 15.0 but the motherboard will not boot with that setting and I have to clear the CMOS with the jumper to start over.

Has anyone seen this before or know what I can do?

Many thanks,
Mantis.

Relevancy 55.9%

hi, i have just built my first comp, the specs are as follows

Intel 845PE asrock mobo
512MB 184DIMM PC2100 ram
GF FX5200 256MB DDR VO DVI AGP
P4 3.0 512Kb processor

It will not run at 3.0ghz, it runs at 2ghz just fine....
Ive tried increasing the cpu frequency and the comp will run at 3.0 ghz but it will then die as it reaches windows........says somthing about ram error.....

please can anywone help me ?

A:cpu notworking at correct speed

sorry all, i know the problem, its the mobo, it only suports 3.0ghz 800mhz fbs when over clocked
i shall go ask in the mod forum for anyone who can help with the oc'ing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-notworking-at-correct-speed.12213/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, i have tiscali up to 8 meg.
I know this means from there servers but i should be getting more than 1.5 meg average?
it also doesnt even seem like it is running at 1.5 meg because everything i download off the internet averages at 30 kb's a sec download, which is very slow.

maybe it is to do with my modem settings?
is there something to optimise this?

here is my speed test results:

Thanks all help is apreciated.

A:Tiscali not giving me the correct speed?

read JOHNWILLs post here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/756340-game-connection-speed.html

and try the tests etc he suggests

post results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tiscali-not-giving-me-the-correct-speed.760261/
Relevancy 55.47%

I own a WindowsXP computer. I am trying to learn how to burn CDs. I "seem" to be able to assemble my playlist, drag,drop, and pick a new playlist. I "seem" to be burning a new CD after installing a blank 52xmulti speed disc. My troubles begin after about 91% of the burning process is completed. The process will stop and inform me that the "write-speed" is incorrect! How does one go about changing to the correct speed? What is the proper sequence in CD burning so that I do it the same way every time?

Relevancy 55.47%

I have a 3.2Ghz AMD processor that only seems to be running at 2Ghz presently. My mobo is a GA-K8NSC-939, I have 1.5Gb of DDR 400 RAM on board and I am running XP SP2. I have tried a couple of things in BIOS - (ie loaded optimal performace settings) but these have made no difference.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 55.47%

I put together a machine with an ASUS A7N8X-X MOBO and Athlon XP 2600 Barton (1900 GHZ and 333 FSB). With the auto settings in the Advanced Chipset Features, Everest reported it as 1.1 GHZ or something like that. So I changed the CPU External Frequency from 100 to 166 as the Frequency Multiplier had been set at 11.5. I assume that's correct because the manual says the FSB should be twice the CPU External Frequency, so twice 166 is 334 (close to 333 listed). This then gave me 1.921 GHz and a 334 Mhz effective FSB. See the snapshots of Everest readings:

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 55.47%

Im trying to install an amd 2400xp to a asus A7n8x Deluxe (2.0 rev.). When i boot up, it only recognzes xp 1800 and i get the message to adjust correct cpu speed in bios. I go to bios and there is not a cpu speed menu. I have done this before on my asus a7v333 when I updated from 1900xp to 2400 xp and the speed menu appeared so i can select 2.0 Ghz speed. But on this freshly mobo and all components pc, i dont get the cpu speed menu. I have also left intact the cpu fsb jumper.(its set to default 266/333/400). Any help will be apreaciated

Relevancy 55.47%

So I have 6GB of DDR3 RAM in my computer, and when I go into my BIOS, it says that they are operating at 1066 frequency, when they are 1333 sticks. I'm not sure how to solve this issue, but I think I know how it came about. I had a 2GB 1066 stick in there and for some reason when I took it out, the speed stuck in the BIOS.... any ideas how to correct this? I have tried: Flashing the BIOS. I think I might try to clear the CMOS THEN flash the BIOS, and hope that that works.

A:DDR3 RAM not showing correct speed

Download and run"

CPUID

On the Memory tab it will show the current memory settings and the SPD tab will show what the auto settings are. The auto settings may not be 1333 but you can then change the values in the Bios to get what you want.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/68073-ddr3-ram-not-showing-correct-speed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys, - I know I download at 16Mbps as per speed tests on my wifi..

the issue I have is why doesn't it use much much more than 4-5Mbps when I watch Youtube videos?? this really upsets me because I try to watch 720p high quality videos and they take awhile to load especially when I want to skip around..

so I'm ready for suggestions..

is it settings in my adapter? I have Qos totally unchecked and turned off in advanced adapter settings..

A:Want correct speed for my wifi using youtube..

Youtube uses a Variable Streaming rate. Since you run it inside your web browser, there is no way of knowing what the data stream actually is.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68966-want-correct-speed-my-wifi-using-youtube.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I was using this VM in the past smoothly Now however I have new PC and VM doesnt recognize new speed of new CPU correctly My new CPU is amd fx ghz VM however just recognizes it as hz speed and therefor acts as if it was ware speed. Vm CPU correct doesnt recognize so ---- gt terribly slow it sometimes dont even boot Also I have this message when starting VM VMware Workstation has measured your CPU speed to be MHz but Windows reports that it is MHz This may mean that your computer has a power-saving feature that varies the processor speed As a result the clock in your virtual machine may run too fast or Vm ware doesnt recognize correct CPU speed. too slow For a workaround please refer to the VMware knowledge base article at http vmware com info id Click to expand Thing is i tried maximum performance at control panel power options but it didnt Vm ware doesnt recognize correct CPU speed. change anything Anyone have idea what could be causing it and possible solution Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all We recently upgraded to Fiber internet and should be receiving MB s download speed We use one laptop and one desktop The laptop shows proper download and upload speeds on both an Ethernet and wireless connection when using speedtest net Between and MB Correct Not Wireless Getting Solved: Desktop Speed s However my desktop which I use Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed with an Asus N n Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed Wireless PCI-E x card However I am only getting - MB s on speedtest net with the desktop and around - MB s upload I know this is weird too I have searched Google far and wide trying to solve this issue I have done all the normal things such as Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed reinstalling and updating drivers for my chipset and wireless card I installed the download from the quot Utility quot section on this page because when I download the item from the quot Wireless quot section it gives me a folder with contents lacking an exe or anything of the sort My system specs can be found in my description My desktop is Windows and the laptop is Windows nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hey all, I'm going absolutely nuts. I'm building a new system up for my mom and the parts she bought are fubar! The old board wouldn't format the HDD when I tried to install windows XP pro on it, though the hard drive did fine loading in my PC. Bought a new board and it won't POST. I had the Bus set to 233MHz which is what AMD lists as the frequency for the AthalonXP 2800+, but when I put the processor back in the old board to make sure I didn't fry the processor it read it's bus speed as 100MHz. I upped the speed to 233 on that board and it stopped posting. Do I have a bunk chip? If so, is the old board actually ok?

I'll post all the specs of the boards when I get back, but any 1st thoughts would be appreciated.

A:new board won't POST, Processor not running at correct speed

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The correct front side bus speed for your athlon 2800+ cpu is 166mhz. By setting it to 233mhz this constitutes a massive overclock, and that is why your system wont post.

If you look at the cpu specs below you will see that the Athlon xp 2800+ has an fsb of 333mhz which is means it should be set to 166mhz. 166mhz X the multiplier of 12.5 = 2083mhz clock speed.

See HERE for athlon specs.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-wont-post-processor-not-running-at-correct-speed.31439/
Relevancy 54.18%

I've had this problem in the past where Nero thinks my burner is a 12X and not a 24X. This was easily solved by a reboot. Now however even after the speed test it will only allow me to burn at 12X. I am using a Sony CRX175E.

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 and it list the processor clock speed at 1000/733 mhz. The processor speed is currently at 733 mhz. Is there a setting that can be changed to achieve the full 1000mhz clock speed?
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks.

A:Is Dell Inspiron 8100 processor speed correct?

Your Inspiron like many notebooks will throttle back your processor speed to reduce heat and prolong battery life. So even though it is a ~1Ghz processor it will at times run at 733MHz. That's normal behavior. You might be able to disable this feature in Control Panel/Power Options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-dell-inspiron-8100-processor-speed-correct.550861/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey I was just wondering what sort of overclocks I will be able to get with a sabertooth 990fx r2 and a noctua nh d14. I am also new to overclocking so I am wanting to overclock safely to start off with

A:Fx 8350 overclocking

Well as an owner of an FX-8350 gaming rig and loving overclocking, ill let you in on my system and how its been under my tested overclocks and such (Bear in mind, each chip is different)

I am using the Crosshair V-Z board by Asus so we both have the 990fx chipset and we will probably see similar results at least where the board is concerned. Though I am on liquid which will make things a little harder since your on air, but heres how im doing.

I have mine currently 24/7 at 4.7ghz (I have played with higher, but im still working on it for fun)
Temps Range ~28 idle to ~60 Celcius full load (Thats with video cards in my loop also producing heat)

Now I have my voltage currently set at 1.45 to achieve this overclock of 4.7ghz though that maybe a bit high on air cooling. I would stay no higher than 1.425 on the Noctua to keep temps down and no more than a 4.5ghz overclock on all 8 cores because the heat might get a little high. On the Core temp monitors, going above 60 on each core is considered running warm with 70 being hot. I think the thermal monitoring will not let the cores run above 70 (ill have to re-look that up, its not knowlege I keep on me).

Make sure when doing this to just kick turbo off because it can cause issues ive seen. If you want more advice on exact number, I can let you know some more, but for now I hope this help you in your journey!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fx-8350-overclocking.194093/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello or GTX FX-8350) + (i5 3570k MSI 960 Today I have been looking into new parts to upgrade my computer since it s far overdue While looking it seemed to me that most of my existing parts could stay and I only really needed to upgrade the CPU (i5 3570k or FX-8350) + MSI GTX 960 and GPU My computer currently uses an AMD motherboard courtesy of (i5 3570k or FX-8350) + MSI GTX 960 ASRock so I focused on finding an AMD processor first (i5 3570k or FX-8350) + MSI GTX 960 My eye fell on AMD FX- Black Edition For the sake of fair competition I looked into Intel as well and found Intel Core i k Now since my motherboard is AMD I d have to switch my board for that I found ASRock Z Pro to be a good price quality part for the job The GPU I eventually found was MSI GeForce GTX Apparently combining NVidia chips with AMD processors doesn t cause issues Total cost with AMD processor Euro using current ASRock Extreme r motherboard Total cost with Intel processor Euro with the new motherboard listed above is just a little too much for me so if I could avoid it I would want to My question is would the difference in performance between the AMD and Intel chips really be worth the additional Euro I m primarily a gamer playing mostly League of Legends Eve Online and a bunch of other games that I play less regularly I like running multiple clients at once and or multiple games at once Apart from these parts I have GB DDR RAM recently upgraded GB SSD and TB harddrive rpm and a W PSU don t judge it was on sale Also any related advice regarding compatibility or suggestions for different parts are more than welcome Thanks in advance Marty nbsp

A:(i5 3570k or FX-8350) + MSI GTX 960

This should answer answer your question.
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/core_i5_3570k_review,15.html
Both for performance and OC'ing, the FX8350
If you dont believe me , follow this
http://www.overclock.net/t/1473361/amd-high-performance-project-by-red1776

The ancient games used on the Guru are ridiculous (very dated) and limited core
FX 8350 over 3770K
watch what happens here:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1473361/amd-high-performance-project-by-red1776
see the apps and modern games this century and modern res

Can follow it here at TS as well
http://www.techspot.com/community/t...ooled-final-system.192347/page-4#post-1456538

and this for that matter:

All I have to say
Greg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i5-3570k-or-fx-8350-msi-gtx-960.209192/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys, quick question here.

I want to have a definitive system that will last me for some 4 to 5 years without problems.

I currently have the system in my specs, and was thinking about moving up to the FX family for AMD.
My store currently has the 8320 on sale for 155 dollars and the 8350 for 239 dollars (outside of the U.S., we deal with higher prices). I am also planning to pair the CPU up with an ASUS sabertooth motherboard or a GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard.

My question is if the difference in price would justify purchasing the 8350 instead, or if it would be performace/money effective to buy the 8320 and overclock it to the 8350 base clock?

It is a computer that can be used for gaming, but also media activities and such.

A:FX-8320 vs 8350

Well in the previous series which I own and run in one rig the answer is no, the better value then was the 8120 vs the 8150 as both would over clock to a very similar stability if that's your goal. If you don't want to wring out all it can offer with beastly cooling and voltage then save and go for the 50.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295352-fx-8320-vs-8350-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1917 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 , 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 296154 MB, Free - 206564 MB; D: Total - 9088 MB, Free - 1237 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., NARRA2, 2.00, MS1C7AR71802975
Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Disabled

Every time I try to print ,I get an error code Printer status window interface has stopped working.This started happening after a large windows udate in October.I have reloaded printer drivers to no avail.Help>>

A:lexmark 8350

Have you seen http://social.answers.microsoft.com...e/thread/730ce32b-4a04-4c15-9647-e70f44dc7ba2?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lexmark-8350.961469/
Relevancy 47.3%

So I'm working with overclocking using the Overclocking FSB for AMD the 8350 FSB rather than the multiplier In fact I've been taking the multiplier down to keep everything quot within spec quot So right now I'm running at FSB X Multiplier with my RAM sitting at around and it's all great I want to increase my FSB even more but I can't seem to get it much higher I'm shooting to run X so that my cores don't get so hot under all the voltage My RAM is designed to run at mhz at volts using T So obviously when I increase my FSB up to the that I'm wanting to shoot for Overclocking FSB for the AMD 8350 I have to lower the HT Link and NB frequency to stay around the mhz mark At that FSB speed I've got my RAM set to the nd to lowest ratio and it's running Overclocking FSB for the AMD 8350 somewhere around if I recall correctly with the HT Link and NB Frequencies still in the - MHz range I guess my question is why can't I push the FSB any higher even though I'm lowering the ratios of everything else to keep it all within target range When I try and boot my board LED is telling me I'm getting DRAM failure I tried setting the CPU-NB Voltage to which is significantly higher than the it's running currently at the x but that didn't seem to help any I have pretty nice case cooling and the H for the CPU so I've got all of the Load Line Calibrations set to Extreme Ultra although the only voltage I have manually set is the VCore which is set at and loads to

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/45453-overclocking-fsb-amd-8350-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I am looking at purchasing the AMD FX 8350 CPU and currently have the Corsair H50 cooling system. I was wondering if there is anyone on here using the same setup and how they have found the temps? And also if the H50 is capable of running the 8350 at stock speeds?
Many thanks for your help.

A:AMD FX-8350 4GHz Socket AM3

I do not have that specific combo so I can't comment to that end; however, I just thought I would mention that microcenter.com has the 8320 on sale for just $99.99. You could probably run that at turbo and get the same speeds as a stock 8350:

AMD FX 8320 Black Edition 3.5GHz AM3+ Boxed Processor 995209 - Micro Center

FYI, the Passmark rating for the 8350 is "9052" and it is "8117" for the 8320.

PassMark - CPU Benchmarks - List of Benchmarked CPUs

Just some food for thought,
Good luck with you own decision.

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41516-amd-fx-8350-4ghz-socket-am3.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Installed windows 7 upgrade, downloaded and installed cjs8300en.exe from lexmark, printer shows in ready status, and shows as default printer, cannot get it to print

A:Lexmark 8350 not printing

Was the Printer connected to the computer when yu installed the drivers? Not sure about Win 7, but uder Win XP with My last Lexmark Printer you had to install the drivers before connecting the printer. Might try uninstalling the drivers disconnecting the printer, reboot - reinstall drivers - when done connect the printer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lexmark-8350-not-printing.892314/
Relevancy 46.87%

I want to know if I can replace my AMD A10 7800 with a FX 8350 in my Lenovo h50-50.i know how to do it. I got a 400 W power supply, with a gtx 960 in the h50-50. (Yes you can fit a gtx960 in a h50-50)And of course my 7800 A10 Cpu, which is what I'm replacing.I want to know if the chipset is compatible with the FX 8350 and if my 400w power supply is enough. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Replacing-my-H50-50-AMD-A10-7800-CPU-with-fx-8350-will-it-work/td-p/3317511
Relevancy 46.87%

I wanted to know if the FX 8350 would work on my H8 1414 . And also would the pc work in a new case ?

A:Can FX 8350 work on my H8 1414

@dodgerfan4eva?, welcome to the forum. Here are the processors that are supported by the motherboard: Socket type: AM3-b TDP: up to 125WMotherboard supports the following processor upgrades:ProcessorTDPFX-4100 (Zambezi)95WFX-6100 (Zambezi)95WFX-6120 (Zambezi)95WFX-6200 (Zambezi)125WFX-8100 (Zambezi)95WFX-8120 (Zambezi)95W or 125WFX-8150 (Zambezi)125WFX-8350 (Zambezi)125W  Yes, it is listed as one of the processors that is supported.  You should make certain that you match it exactly; especially the TDP 125W. As for using a new case, HP has their motherboards made to their specs.  So, they are not the same as the retail versions.  The only problems that I have heard of are the power button connector and other front case connectors.  However, you have to assure that the holes in the motherboard will match the stand-offs in the new case.  The best way to do this is contact the manufacturer's Tech Support. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-FX-8350-work-on-my-H8-1414/td-p/5720000
Relevancy 46.87%

I just got this processor a few days ago, its cooled by a corsair H60 Liquid cooler, still havent tweaked the cpu or anything,, all settings are set to auto in the bios.
Heres idle screen shot of my temps,,, The pc was on about 5 mins when i clipped this image, at boot Core Temp was showing 6 degrees then it went up to 12 then down to 8.
I was under the impression that these processors ran hot. Also is it odd that some cores are almost double the lowest temp?

A:FX 8350 8 core Temps seem way to low

That looks like Speedfan you are using?

Try right clicking on the program and choosing "Run as Administrator"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/279800-fx-8350-8-core-temps-seem-way-low.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Firstly, I apologise if this is the wrong thread in which to post this.

I am building a computer, and already have a fx-3580 on order and am not sure on which motherboard to puchase. I have a budget of £115 for this part of the computer, 16GB DDR3 1866mhz (I think) and sata drives. I do not know much about motherboards and was wondering if anyone could give me a good reccomendation? Thanks!

Oh, and I won't be using it for overclocking, jsut as a high performance board.

A:Which motherboard to purchase for FX-8350?

Can I assume you mean FX 8350?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-motherboard-to-purchase-for-fx-8350.187766/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi So i bought my system for little over a year ago been running with 8350 Cpu 4 AMD Oc'ing Safe on FX not? 970Chipset power, PIN or the at stock AMD FX 8350 on 970Chipset with 4 PIN Cpu power, Oc'ing Safe or not? clocks with auto clock on with max clock to Ghz I'm a bit AMD FX 8350 on 970Chipset with 4 PIN Cpu power, Oc'ing Safe or not? concerned over only having the Pin power connector The bord for some reason didnt have pin cpu power The motherboard Gigabyte GA- DS P has a chipset capable of overclocking I read about it and people say the chip can overclock but not very much Since the cpu has been running nicely at Ghz speeds I wonder if i could push it further How much power could the cpu draw from the board without killing the board or something like that Im running a Corsair RM watt GOLD power supply Im not really in a sinking boat or anything I wont do anything that could hurt the components Its just that if it would be safe and such it would be nice with the extra power gain Not gonna buy a new motherboard since im going to work in the summer Sell the Cpu and Motherboard and buy an Intel k and a Msi Gaming Motherboard instead

A:AMD FX 8350 on 970Chipset with 4 PIN Cpu power, Oc'ing Safe or not?

With only a 4 pin power connector, you aren't going to get a lot of overclocking possibilities out of that board, especially with a power hungry chip like an FX-8350. You might get a couple of hundred MHz out of it, but I would suspect that would be it, and you'll just stress the board doing it.

If you're going to sell it this summer anyway, why OC the rig in the first place? You might wind up breaking the mobo or the CPU and then have nothing to sell to buy your new components.

Remember, if you can't afford to replace it, don't OC it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366844-amd-fx-8350-970chipset-4-pin-cpu-power-ocing-safe-not.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys i finally completed my upgrade, to the FX 8350, only to find the stock cooler is insanely loud even after tweaking the fan settings in the BIOS

Can anyone recommend me a good after market cooler ????
Relevant info :

CPU = Amd FX8350
CASE = CIT Vantage
MOBO = Asrock 970 Extreme 3 R2.0

A:After Marker Cooler Required for AMD FX 8350

Many people go for the cooler master 212 evo.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/123593-after-marker-cooler-required-amd-fx-8350-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I refilled my Lexmark cartridges, the 1st time they worked, this time it freezes saying 'Cartridge Error'. Is there anyone who has figured out how to solve this? I know Lexmark puts a chip so software can read, but these are the lexmark cartridges, so what's the deal?

A:Lexmark 8350 cartridge error

Make sure you didn't get any ink on the contacts on the back of the cartridge or on the contacts inside the printer where the cartridge goes. Or try removing and reinserting the cartridge. If that fails then you may just need to buy a new cartridge, if you refill cartridges then you might have better luck with generic cartridges rather then the Lexmark brand cartridges, they would less likely be 'chipped' to not work for refilling which I'm not sure how true that is anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lexmark-8350-cartridge-error.593312/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have received a few BSOD messages since I installed my FX-8350 chip a few days ago. i have attached the messages and was wondering if one of you kind folks could help me figure out what is causing them.

sometimes its under system load, sometimes its while idling, and the last one was while watching a tv show online.

thanks in advance.

A:Getting Windows 8 BSOD since I installed FX-8350

Welcome
Your reports are a code 124. In broad terms this indicates hardware. Apparently its the chip. I think that I can assume that you are into speed and OC. Well 8 is a new OS, maybe not quite ready for the speed the chip has to offer. When Vista was first previewed it experienced many hardware and software conflicts.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/13388-getting-windows-8-bsod-since-i-installed-fx-8350-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Please help! I have replaced my fx8350 with a new one and still getting BSOD X124 with Hal.dll error. This happens when running stress test in less then 90 seconds. No over clocking done just stock settings in bios. I can play games fine at least so far with no bsod. It just happened again while starting up MSI AFTERBURNER to set a fan curve for my gpu. Please help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390262-replaced-fx-8350-still-getting-x124-hal-dll-bsod.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey,

I am wanting to get a AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core but I don't know whether the motherboard I have it compatible with it.

Current motherboard: AAHD2-HY (Holly2)
Manufacturer: Pegatron

If it is not compatible what motherboard would you recommend I get?

A:Is my motherboard compatible with the AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core

No. Wrong socket [you have a FM1] the 8350 is am3+ AND that board only supports up to 100W cpus.

If you want an 8350, you need a new mb, most likely a new case, a new pw supply AND a new windows disk. You cannot change the mb in a hp system and reuse the windows that came with the hp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-motherboard-compatible-with-the-amd-fx-8350-eight-core.1102091/
Relevancy 46.01%

I wanted to add Logoff Shutdown amp Restart to XP context menu for a friend Followed directions from http www intowindows com add-turn-off-restart-log-off-options-to-my-computer-context-menu I didn t realize I would need to rightclick MyComputer for the options I overdosed on stupid pills amp now I need your help again I not only deleted the keep I just created I deleted the one showing MyComputer icon because now the icon is labeled Folder and appears as an old windows icon I put the following text in notepad amp saved as computer REG Windows Registry Editor Version Add log off option to My Computer Computer context menu HKEY CLASSES Computer My for registry correct icon Correct to show ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D Correct registry to show correct icon for My Computer shell Log Off command quot shutdown -l -f -t amp Add log off option to My Computer Correct registry to show correct icon for My Computer Computer context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Restart command quot shutdown -r -f -t amp Add log off option to My Computer Computer context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Turn Off computer command quot shutdown -s -f -t amp Part Would saving this as explorer REG add Logon Shutdown amp Restart options to context menu as I intended to do Windows Registry Editor Version Add log off option to explorer exe context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Log Off command quot shutdown -l -f -t amp Add log off option to explorer exe context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Restart command quot shutdown -r -f -t amp Add log off option to explorer exe context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Turn Off computer command quot shutdown -s -f -t amp nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Good morning, for my HP Pavilion HPE H9-1130, how do I install the correct firewire card into the correct motherboard slot in Windows 10  x64 operating system / 64x processor? And what video software system can I download to recognize my Panasonic AX 100A Camera? 

A:install correct firewire card into the correct motherboard s...

Hi, 1. Your machine has few PCIe slots whiach are suitable for a PCIe-Firewire card:  Expansion Slots:1 PCI Express x16 (Generation 2 speed)3 PCI Express x1 (Generation 2 speed)1 PCI Express mini card x1 (Generation 2 speed) Source: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03272947 You can use any standard PCIe - Firewire card. There are many around, fro 1 port, 2 ports and more such as:      https://www.startech.com/au/Cards-Adapters/FireWire/2-Port-1394a-PCI-Express-FireWire-Card~PEX1394A2... 2. Please use software on the CD which comes with the camera. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/install-correct-firewire-card-into-the-correct-motherboard/td-p/5809287
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I am new to this site and im really desperate for answers,
I have the fx 8350 8 core and when I turn my computer on the cpu fan ( keep in mind I have no case fans )
Goes roaring- when I play a game my desk vibrates ... literately. This isn't my fault as a company shipped me the case with the mother board and cpu all ready pre-installed.
Also on my other computer ( from which I took the HDD, RAM , GPU from for this new computer )
I didn't have any case fans and I still had a stock heat sync.... the computer was quiet.

Specs:
fx 8350
gtx 750 ti
14GB RAM
windows 10

Thanks in advance -default user

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fx-8350-w-stock-heat-sync-and-win-10-too-loud.1158507/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just installed my new cpu into the socket and I am now stuck on getting the heatsink latched on properly. It is clamped on but the lever just will not go down. I am putting a lot of force on it and it looks as if the metal is just bending towards me and it just doesn't want to lock into position. Please give me some feed back. Should I apply more force or I am doing something wrong?

Motherboard: M5 a99x EVO

Relevancy 45.58%

I have an X Model - Lexmark All-In-One printer that is just outside of the warranty period by three weeks Because of very limited use in the location where I initially installed it I recently moved it to another location several miles from the Lamp Lexmark Scan 8350 Stuck first location On plugging it in at the new location the print cartridges made their usual cycle to the center and back again but Lexmark 8350 Scan Lamp Stuck rather than the start button lighting up as it use to the lamp cable mechanism clicked - times on the left end of the bed and the cycle started over again with the print cartridges moving to Lexmark 8350 Scan Lamp Stuck the center and back again followed by lamp cable mechanism doing the clicking again And this sequence just repeats itself over and over again until I unplug the printer Upon closer examination I noticed that the lamp was quot stuck quot on the right end of the bed as opposed to being on the left end where it should be Any help of course would be greatly appreciated With thanks Gary French Syracuse New York syrocrat twcny rr com nbsp

A:Lexmark 8350 Scan Lamp Stuck

Hey Syocrat I don't know the answer to your problem, But I'd remove your name and email address from your post, post haste! You a lawyer? I've taken a few printers apart and returned them to service after cleaning clogged gears of paper or such. It sounds like to me that you either forgot to lock the printer before the move and it's possibly broken or you forgot to unlock the printer after the move and it may need to just be unlocked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lexmark-8350-scan-lamp-stuck.86349/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am looking at HWMonitor and CoreTemp. I am using the stock cooler that came with my AMD Phenom ii x4 960ti because the one that came with the FX-8350 the lever was broken. I'm sure they are the same coolers because they look and fit exactly the same.

I am currently running at 4112.87MHz as it says in Core Temp. Am I auto overclocking? Or in turbo mode? I sometimes get up to 80 degrees C when gaming or streaming on Twitch. Is this the cause? Also, at what temps do I start reducing the life expectancy of the chip? 90 C?

I have posted about this chip multiple times and have looked all over the net to help find what I am trying to figure out but could'couldn't find an answer.

A:AMD FX-8350 Is turbo on or no? Is this why my cpu is running hotter than normal?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-fx-8350-is-turbo-on-or-no-is-this-why-my-cpu-is-running-hotter-than-normal.1116704/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi So apperently my Good amd Need a Quiet cooler for and cheap pretty 8350 FX grandma sent me a ton of money o O So i will Need a Good Quiet and pretty cheap cooler for amd FX 8350 buy everything for my computer upgrading I will get a Upgrade pack from a swedish store Need a Good Quiet and pretty cheap cooler for amd FX 8350 i really like Amd FX Gb RAM MHZ Gigabyte motherboard I Would really like a good watercooler becouse i whant the case to look very clean and i whant to be able to easily get to the parts That means not to have a huge cooler in the way Im not considering OC'in but i whant the cpu to run as cool as possible My budget is around Kr But then i dont want to buy a cooler for that money that sounds like a jetplane I'll rather take a cooler thats not that good but Need a Good Quiet and pretty cheap cooler for amd FX 8350 still good but i can afford a Noctua fan inside that budget Or can i use the standard mm case fan in the fractal design r and just throw the stock cooler fan away The coolers in the store i can afford is H i Will go a little over budget if i get a nuctua to this but its just a tiny bit H i If i can use the stock case fan in the chassi becouse then i cant afford a noctua COOLERMASTER Seidon XL same as above then COOLERMASTER Seidon M Then i can buy Noctuas in push-pull P Antec K HLER H O V Same as above P COOLERMASTER Seidon V Same as above P Plus i can get a ton of small fun accesories CoolerMaster Seidon M Cant get a fan for this becouse of the budget and it requires fans REMEMBER I Need it to be almost whisper quiet Pump noise is a total no no So if the pump isnt hearable over the fans not going over dB or less Even if its overkill with watercooling for the FX i will stress the cpu at for a pretty long period several times a month so it will have to take that without almost burning up and without the computer sounding like a jetplane Becouse under the time i max the cpu out i usally go chill infront of the tv or something in my room so i dont whant a screaming computer while im doind that Remember Converting a cooler for to KR may be cheap for me for an awesome cooler in an us or eng shop but the identical cooler in a swedish shop may cost a lot more So if you can live with swedish site go to www netonnet se its the site and shop i like

A:Need a Good Quiet and pretty cheap cooler for amd FX 8350

I would go with Noctua without hesitation unless you would consider sealed water cooling with the addition of premium fans like Noctua's now or later as a phase two? What kind of fan size and positions are available in your case?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835608018

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/316581-need-good-quiet-pretty-cheap-cooler-amd-fx-8350-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

The scan lamp on my Lexmark X-8350 All-In-One printer is stuck at the right end of the scan bed. And, when the unit is powered-up, it goes into a loop whereby the print cartridges move to the center and back, followed by 6-7 clicks of the lamp belt mechanism wherein it appears to be trying to move the lamp back to its correct position at the left end of the bed. Does anyone here have any idea as to how this can be remedied short of having to dismantle the bed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lexmark-x-8350-all-in-one-printer-scan-lamp-stuck.647276/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have been a live streamer for awhile. I just recently got the FX -8350 at 4.00 Ghz. It is an 8 core processor which is at the top of the list for AMD. I stream CS:GO mostly, but I'd like to stream Battlefield 4 as well. I don't know what's the big deal with Battlefield 4 but It's way too demanding. When I stream at 720p while playing BF4 my processor reaches max and the game stutters and loses 10 to 20 fps. Is there a reason for this? Any feedback please!

Relevancy 43.86%

on start up page after downloading windows 10 from 8 the computer says my password is incorrect, but I know it is what can I do?

A:have correct passwords but computer says it is not correct

What password do you mean?BIOS, Hard Disk, or Windows?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/have-correct-passwords-but-computer-says-it-is-not-correct/223.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hey guys just want you're opinion really See I have a AM motherboard and currently a FX clocked at GHz thing is I feel when I try to play say BF on a man server My pc run's 8350 3570k? Intel AMD Intel or i7 i5 3770k or smooth yet come to a man server My PC feels sluggish and well Intel i7 3770k or AMD 8350 or Intel i5 3570k? fails Now I know Its going to effect my FPS and CPU usage with what settings in game am I running well Ultra I don't use I mainly use a mix of medium and high to Me its all about performance before eye candy but BF seems to have no performance boost the lower I turn the settings down I mean with one card I get - usage but in SLI I get on each card with v sync disabled and on ultra I have even tried with settings on low and enabling v sync lol that is just worse I have been told the higher the settings the higher the usage and my cpu seems to be lagging behind I know there is things to take into consideration like the Ram Graphics Hard drives Lag ect But I'm running two GTX 's Velociraptor Hdd GB Corsair Dominator Ram a Corsair HX w psu and Windows Come January I'm planning a upgrade but what My dilemma is should I move to Intel has I feel my issue is a major bottleneck with the 's and my CPU I don't want to buy a cpu and a few months down the line have to invest in a Intel because the Pile driver has failed like the Bulldozer did Or just upgrade to a Intel i or i I mainly game but do video work as well even considering getting a i k or k what do you guys think Sorry for the long post but I would like to get some friendly advice from the Experts Adam

A:Intel i7 3770k or AMD 8350 or Intel i5 3570k?

Well Adam... Taking your situation into account i would suggest a Z77 mobo with a 3570k. This is the 'best' cpu/mobo combo for gaming. The i7 wont give a noticeable diffrence and some games may run a bit slower as games dont use hyperthreading. The 3570k wont bottleneck any card on the market(please correct me if im wrong). but you must take into account that you may need a single, higher end card would be beter than 2, mid end cards. Another strong point for i5 is the fact that it has an unlocked multiplier and can overclock to 4.2+ with a minimal voltage bump. I have disregarded the 8350 as even tough of its 8 cores. It was made for heavy threaded programs and only thing like photoshop would benifit from them. It is not optimised for gaming because of its poor single threaded performance compared to tge 3570k. Bottom line is, for the money... The 3570k is by far the best gaming processor but consider the single powerfull gpu as a possible upgrade as it will pay off in 'fps'

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271816-intel-i7-3770k-amd-8350-intel-i5-3570k.html
Relevancy 37.41%

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

A:Speed test gives vey good speed but down speed is just 2-3 kb

Quote: Originally Posted by Hassnain

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

When comparing speeds, remember to divide your speedtest result by 8. 0.89 mbps is around 101KBps.

Download speeds depend on many factors, inclduing the modem/router, traffic through your ISP at the time, and the type of download, just to name a couple.

What type of download is it? Are they torrents? These can often be slow.

Are downloads slow from everywhere?

You mentioned video buffering; Do you have downloads going at the same time that you are trying to view a video? Are there other people sharing your connection (eg other family members)?

You didn't say if you had tried rebooting the router/modem, or if you had been in contact with your ISP. These would be among the first things to try.

As you haven't stated what you have tried, I'm going to assume none of the following have been tried. Apologies if you have tried/tested the following.

If you plug a phone into the same wall socket at your modem do hear any noise/static or is is sound quality very poor or low volume? These might indicate physical line problems, which your Telco would need to address.

It's also possible the equipment at your local exchange is in need of a reboot. This is often referred to as a "Port reset". Your ISP can do this for you.

Other things you can try is replacing the phone and ethernet cable (if you are connected by cable), or replacing the line filter if you have one. If you have multiple devices on your phone line remove everything except your modem/router.

If you have a DSL connection you know that the speeds will vary dramatically from one hour to the next. But 2KBps is poor in any situation.

Have you tried doing ping and tracert to various sites? You ISP may want this information to place a fault report with your telco.

copy and paste results into an email to your ISP

ping www.google.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).
ping www.yahoo.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).

tracert www.google.com

See how you go with the above. Get back to us if you get no joy from your ISP/Telco.

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253197-speed-test-gives-vey-good-speed-but-down-speed-just-2-3-kb.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model ping problems and good Actual download but speed test speed Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I m having a problem with my download speeds I don t have an ultra high connection just mb s My speed tests confirm that is exactly what I m getting but when I actually download something it goes to kb s and will go no higher I ve contacted my ISP and they say it s my computer The speed test is showing what it should but I just can t get past I ve ran several malware spyware and virus tests and they all come out clean I m at the end of my rope Don t have a clue what to do next to get my speed up This is what shows on IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name David-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E-F C - - F F- F ECB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users David gt nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

A:Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371386/suspected-malware-searchfastfindnet-ruining-internet-speed-and-computer-speed/
Relevancy 35.69%

I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead of windows to troubleshoot there system. Anyone have any clue on this, I cant even imagine where to start looking for the setting or fix. Thanks

A:Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

1gbps is fantastic. I suspect the Windows problem is a driver problem. Did you check the Windows 10TP. Maybe they fixed it. But then, the really big chunks you can always download with Ubuntu. I envy you, LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363131-limited-fiber-download-speed-windows-7-full-speed-linux.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I recently upgraded my internet service and found that speed test results from speedtest.net and speakeasy.com were giving me download results that were ~ half of what I was supposed to be getting ( 9Mbs vs 16Mbs). I called the ISP and they suggested I restart in safe mode w/ networking and run the tests again. I did and the results of the test were surprising. I was getting the 16Mbs download speed that I signed up for. The tech suggested that I may be infected with something. I run several free programs (Mbam, avg, avast, ect.) to try to aviod these things, but it seems as though something may have gotten through. Any help that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Btw, no error messages and I am running Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

A:Pc speed test download speed significantly faster in safe mode

I take it MBam is updayted and run..Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303206/pc-speed-test-download-speed-significantly-faster-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 35.69%

ok after i formatted i noticed internet installing immediately question programs+another needed speed after all Speed reduced explorer opened instantly but then after installign the programs i Speed immediately reduced after installing all needed programs+another speed question need like dif spyware removers all popular ones like spysweeper trillian pro gmail notifier visual basic limewire breitt technologies BUDDY REMINDER magic iso iso buster nero aim divx player IE didnt open as quickly anymore and i cant think of anything im pretty good with comptuers all of my knowledge is from using them sicne age i actually run a computer repair business but im clueless why my computer speed as been affected so soon i have a pentium intel celeron cpu ghz now gb ram win XP home i watch what starts with my comp everythings fine i have two hard drives they may not be set slave master but i realy dont think thats it if you DO but have other suggestions also PLEASE tell me both because i dont think that is it i think i have a gb and a gb hard drive with PLENTY room free cant really think what else to tell you my other question was i used this program AShampoo WinOptimizer version and i chose for it to quot run desktop and taskbar as seperate process more stable uses more memory though quot do i want to use that if so why thank you SO MUCH for reading you dont get how much i appreciate it

A:Speed immediately reduced after installing all needed programs+another speed question

What firewall do you have? what security programs do you have installed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/speed-immediately-reduced-after-installing-all-needed-programs-another-speed-question-144881.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I am using mozilla firefox 2.0.0.9 and have wndows xp pro as OS.For last two days my net surfing experience is going very strange.My page loading speed is good but the download speed is very slow.When ever i download a file it downloads very slowly.The download speed has decrease about 4 times .I have my internet through siemens adsl sl2.141 modem and I login to my account through ppoe WAN password account.Can anybody help please?

A:Browsing/page Loading Speed Is Good But Downloading Speed Is Too Slow

Have you monitored your system with Windows Task Manager while downloading? If you determine Firefox is causing the problem, try safe mode and/or a new profile. Sometimes settings and/or extensions got corrupted leading to strange behavior. Standard diagnostic - Firefox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116144/browsingpage-loading-speed-is-good-but-downloading-speed-is-too-slow/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 35.69%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 35.69%

Through the windows experience im at 7.8's / 7.4's... with my hdd at 5.9. looking at getting a ssd to level everything up.... but what i dont know is... how does the read/write speeds translate into processing.

what read speed is equal to the rest of my rig? I just dont know how it translates iops/1GB's read/write to GHz proccessing.
The giving data speed to proccessing speed

Phenom x6 @ 2.8
6GB RAM @ 1600
HD 6870 GPU.

Edit:
good video showing new revodrives coming.
YouTube - ‪COMPUTEX 2011 - OCZ Technology Shows Off New Power Supplies and RevoDrives‬‏

A:Computer Bottleneck- HDD - SSD. giving data speed to proccessing speed

Here is an As SSD for my WD1002FAEX 1TB sata 6GB/s mechanical hard drive

Here is the same test on my Intel 80GB X25 M

For an OS drive the advertised speeds really mean nothing to the average user unless you are going to be transferring large files all day. The most important thing is access time- how long it takes from the time you push the button until the application actually opens. No spinning circles with a good SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/167876-computer-bottleneck-hdd-ssd-giving-data-speed-proccessing-speed.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Help gt My browser connection speed dropped to about kb second after a power outage I just did a full format of the drive and a clean install of XP Pro No Antivirus or Firewall loaded yet XP Firewall is not enabled HiJackThis looks ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system telnet exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag just fine speed Browser Telnet speed connection SLOW exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine - e e Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe -- End of file - bytes Have any idea why my Telnet connection is fine yet my Browsers don t hook up at the same speed emetib nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-connection-speed-slow-telnet-speed-just-fine.686662/
Relevancy 35.69%

First off my specs Adapter Realek RTL EE bgn Wifi Adapter Router Linksys Cisco WRT N Known to have connection issues in the past but I explain why this probably isn t a factor Not sure what else is needed SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled So I ll boot up my laptop and everything will work fine My download speeds will be somewhere near - mb s and uploads are around - mb s I ll also ping test my computer with no packet loss a ping around and jitter around - It all looks great and dandy Pics below Except after about to minutes my download speeds will dropoff to about - kb s and my ping test goes through the roof to about - with jitter near Not good at all Now I have the suspicion this is being caused by my internal wifi adapter the Realtek because when I use another external usb adapter TP Link TL-WN N my speeds never fluctuate and speed change. doesn't Upload drop Download off, speed I Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. have no problem ever Is Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. there anyway to narrow down what this could possibly be caused by Plus I should mention I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. for my internal adapter so many times its not even fun anymore After I install the speed will jump to the - mb s range but again will drop after - minutes I couldn t find the screen shot of my outrageous ping beside the horrible download speed but I ll keep looking EDIT I ll use Xirrus Wifi Inspector to see relative signal strength and according to it it never changes Gah nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drop-off-upload-speed-doesnt-change.1102762/
Relevancy 35.69%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system = (for torrent); downloads) (0/0 non-existent hjacklog speed moderate dsl/other speed winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe hjacklog = speed non-existent (0/0 torrent); moderate speed (for dsl/other downloads) C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProAgent exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system drivers spoclsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgwb dat C Documents and Settings User My Documents Installers Fixers HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title www M Power com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run SDTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Pro Agent quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProAgent exe quot O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run svcshare C WINDOWS system drivers spoclsv exe O - ... Read more

A:hjacklog = speed non-existent (0/0 torrent); moderate speed (for dsl/other downloads)

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjacklog-speed-non-existent-0-0-torrent-moderate-speed-for-dsl-other-downloads.662176/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 35.69%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 35.69%

I was told by somebody here with VIP badges that I should not post here how to make Firefox run more smoothly in a Virtual Machine in Linux. It should be in a Linux forum. So I moved it there.

A:To speed up mouse scrolling speed in Firefox in Linux VirtualBox

Linux. in a windows forum??

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/28106-speed-up-mouse-scrolling-speed-firefox-linux-virtualbox.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all,
I want to connect my VCR to the computer to transfer old home movies to DVD.
The Analog to DV device requires a 1 GHz processor. Mine is 498 MHz.

Regarding the speed, will the device work only slowly or not at all?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

It is not a matter of slow or not at all. It is most likely a matter of dropped frames. If you have a cheaper video capture card [one without hardware decoding] it will probably work however you will not like the result.

Video editing / encoding is cpu intensive. I would hate to think how long it would take to encode the video file after you capture it [with that cpu]

To give you some idea, it takes me about 15 min to encode approx 1hr of video with an intel dual core cpu. With yours it will be hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-capture-device-speed-vs-processor-speed.603223/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 35.26%

All of a sudden while browsing, I get insanely slow loading times, with multiple timeouts. I go on speedtest and this is my speed. I get random latency spikes during video games. I could barely upload the picture of my speedtest results, and I'll be surprised if this thread even makes it. What is happening? How can I fix it? Thanks

I've tried disabling all startup programs and rebooted, nothing
Restarted router, nothing

I have a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Router F6D4230-4 V1

A:Download Speed Fine, Upload Speed Non-existent?

Reboot and check your speed again.

How can you have a Custom Build and not know what motherboard you have.

Use this little free program to find out what your system is.

Speccy

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357646-download-speed-fine-upload-speed-non-existent.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello guys So I bought this kick-ass laptop from MSI It is pretty good These are the specs in case they aid in finding a solution to my problem Name MSI WorkStation Series GT OKWS- US OS Windows Professional bit CPU GHz Intel Core i - MQ Hard drive TB RPM GB Solid-State Drive Graphics NVIDIA Quadro K with change is speed How (Transfer I do speed? extremely slow) CD-ROM GB DDR VRAM Hard disk description SATA Optical Storage Device BD Burner Cache Memory installed size Problem statement I am trying to copy files from a DVD disc some GB of data using the CD-ROM on this laptop The transfer How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) speed is EXTREMELY LOW It starts with almost MB sec at first but then after seconds or so it gets down to KB sec The transfer was going to take approximately hours which is a lot for a laptop with specs like mine I tried to copy the same DVD to another laptop which had much lower specs than my MSI the approximated time was minutes I How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) tried to update CD-ROM but it told me that it was up to date Please help me guys Best regards

A:How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow)

The Specs don't mean nothing buddy, however the specs of the DVD Driver do...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344382-how-do-i-change-cd-rom-speed-transfer-speed-extremely-slow.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello Happy Holidays I have a question regarding Mozilla Firefox I notice when I click on the Firefox icon whether in my Quick Launch Bar my Start Menu Shortcuts listing or on the desktop it can take up to to seconds for the application to open Now I have heard that installed extensions can slow it down which makes sense I have installed of them as add-ons However I have disabled NOTE NOT un-installed all but to still run The ones running are Adblock Filterset G Updater Adblock Plus for 2 Speed Firefox Speed URL Up Application NOT Need to Loading, Up. Solution Adblock Plus Element Hiding Helper Ask Toolbar for Firefox Forecastfox Enhanced Locator Mouse Gestures Speed Dial Need Solution to Speed Up Firefox 2 Application for Loading, NOT URL Speed Up. Split Browser Test size toolbar and WOT I find these still useful Now when I say Firefox is slow to load I do not mean the loading Need Solution to Speed Up Firefox 2 Application for Loading, NOT URL Speed Up. of the web sites I mean the loading of the Firefox application to come up on the desktop I have seen a lot information on the web about increasing the speed of loading of web sites by going into about config amp about cache and changing things like the pipelining and adding a new integer Need Solution to Speed Up Firefox 2 Application for Loading, NOT URL Speed Up. etc and even changing the memory cache size to a bigger size Now this is not going to have any impact on how fast Firefox application will load or will it It only affects the web sites speed for loading up right I also notice the first time after a reboot restart of the system it can take up to - seconds to load Firefox Then after I close the Firefox window and reopen it at a later time it will take less time consistently between system restarts What solutions can you provide me that can speed up the loading of Firefox any more add-on s you recommend to speed up of Firefox application to run Yah more add-ons What are the steps Thank you

A:Need Solution to Speed Up Firefox 2 Application for Loading, NOT URL Speed Up.

Hi, welcome to TSF

Firefox has always been slow to open compared to IE, because IE is so deeply integrated into the Windows operating system and has most of its components loaded when you boot into Windows.

The about:config tweaks you mention affect various aspects of how Firefox loads pages, but as far as I'm aware they can't improve the program's loading time.

Try creating a new profile with no addons or themes, then reboot the computer and load Firefox with this new profile to see how its start time compares to your normal profile with all its extras.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/need-solution-to-speed-up-firefox-2-application-for-loading-not-url-speed-up-204926.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I regularly upload videos online and since the last few days they ve been timing out or stalling Blip tv is telling me a MB file is going Speed, Horrible Speed Great Upload Download to take hours to upload Yeah right Other sites like that are about the same or just time out and give me errors - such as Youtube I recently got that quot We re Sorry quot page on Google so I m thinking something is up and there may be something on my computer sending crap out Here s Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed my speedtest net results I ve scanned the computer with ad-aware spybot search and destroy panda anti-virus avg malware bytes super anti spyware - the works and I m not getting anything Everything says the computer is clean This just doesn t seem right to me however If it s any help - I used a different computer with the same modem and was able to upload fine HJT Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed Log Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 35.26%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 35.26%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 35.26%

So sometime ago around about the start of November my internet speed dropped out of nowhere and has remained at the constantly lowered speed since then Usually I would have a download speed of mbps however in recent days that s more like mbps When trying a bandwidth test that would usually have been about mbps however that is more like mbps now A way I used to scope what my bandwidth was was using the Formula com website where when you watch a video on it it will tell you your bandwidth rating before hand That as I say has dropped from the mbps to the mbps mentioned This is normally an and Speed Speed Drop Bandwidth Internet Sudden okay speed to do things however whilst my father is using Netflix the internet becomes so slow that it is basically impossible to do anything Normally on my old internet speed it would have not been a problem Now I ve done all the tests that are normally mentioned to Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop do as I have been searching for an answer since the Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop internet speed tanked It is not a computer specific problem as it is exactly the same on all devices connected to the router I have rung my ISP and they have said that my line should be receiving around mbps as we run on an ADSL connection However doing a line test through the same provider says we should be getting mbps My ISP reports no problems with the line and there has been no change at my end either When the internet suddenly dropped as I say it was a sudden speed decrease it didn t happen over a period of time it literally happened in an instant I was on a BT HomeHub This hub would continuously be disconnecting due to a fault however the internet speed was always at the mbps Bandwidth However around about the th- th of November as I say the internet just dropped but we were still having troubles with the disconnections A BT HomeHub was then upgraded to which has since stopped the disconnections but the speed has remained exactly the same Any advice would be appreciated on this and I thank you for any time that you put into this issue I just hope that it s something that can be resolved I just want to know what has caused it it s one of those things that just shouldn t happen but has and it is mighty frustrating Again thanks Phil nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

I use burn4free and always use the same Memorex brand DVD+ 16X Discs. Yet most of the time they will only burn at 6X and every now and then at 12X and sometimes at 8X. Never at 16X even though I always have it set to Max speed as this is my only option. It doesn't seem to matter if I have any other programs running or not since I always close everything while burning. I failed at finding any info on this anywhere online as this is quite a difficult thing to search up. Help me please?

A:The same brand dvd's burn at max speed sometimes and a slower speed other times?

Poor quality media. Try a different brand type of media.

Quality media is recommended. For SL DVD, this would be Verbatim or Taio Yuden. For DL DVD, Verbatim only. Anything else is trial and error and will vary based on your burner and firmware version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-same-brand-dvds-burn-at-max-speed-sometimes-and-a-slower-speed-other-times.994656/
Relevancy 35.26%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi everyone,
At first I noticed a slow down with my ISP (Verizon FIOS) from 15mb/s to 6-7mb/s, but the upload speed is unaffected. So, I called my ISP they told me could be an issue with the Windows that I am using.
Then I called MS regarding the network issue, however they told me that my license has expired is not under warranty for technical support. Here I am asking for some help.

Some of the thing that the ISP done was conducting some test:
Buffer size:261360 bytes
Receive size: 66608 bytes
Their ISP network technician told me that the Receive size was too low and causing problem to the download speed, but the upload speed is still good.

So, anyone who have any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Download speed is limited, but upload speed is fine

are you using a router?
if yes, try bypassing the routing by plugging directly into the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160316-download-speed-limited-but-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 35.26%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I'm looking to buying a wireless router. My desktop however will be directly pluged into the router. So will my download speed etc... be faster on the draft N rather then then the G? or will they both be the same exact speed?

A:Wired speed on wireless network G and N...any speed difference?

depends on what models your looking at. If they are both 10/100 then you should get the same wired performance from both animals.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-speed-on-wireless-network-g-and-n-any-speed-difference.723209/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello I have a question regarding Mozilla Firefox I notice when I click on the Firefox icon whether in my Quick Launch Bar my Start Menu Shortcuts listing or on the desktop it can Application Up Speed Loading, Up. 2 Url Need To Firefox Not Speed For Solution take up to to seconds for the application to open Now I have heard that installed extensions can slow it down which makes sense I have installed of them as add-ons However I have disabled NOTE NOT un-installed all but to still run The ones running are Adblock Filterset G Updater Adblock Plus Adblock Plus Element Hiding Helper Ask Toolbar for Firefox Forecastfox Enhanced Locator Mouse Gestures Speed Dial Split Browser Test size toolbar and WOT Need Solution To Speed Up Firefox 2 Application For Loading, Not Url Speed Up. I find these still useful Now when I say Firefox is slow to load I do not mean the loading of the web sites I mean the loading of the Firefox application to come up on the desktop I have seen a lot information on the web about increasing the speed of loading of web sites by going into about config amp about cache and changing things like the pipelining and adding a new integer etc and even changing the memory cache size to a bigger size Now this is not going to have any impact on how fast Firefox application will load or will it It only affects the web sites speed for loading up right I also notice the first time after a reboot restart of the system it can take up to - seconds to load Firefox Then after I close the Firefox window and reopen it at a later time it will take less time consistently between system restarts What solutions can you provide me that can speed up the loading of Firefox any more add-on s you recommend to speed up of Firefox application to run Yah more add-ons What are the steps Thank you

A:Need Solution To Speed Up Firefox 2 Application For Loading, Not Url Speed Up.

This article lists some of the extensions that are known to cause unwanted side effects in Firefox: Problematic ExtensionsFasterfox is an Add-On that provides performance and network tweaks for Firefox. Theres alot of information in the FAQ.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125533/need-solution-to-speed-up-firefox-2-application-for-loading-not-url-speed-up/
Relevancy 35.26%

Ok I'm new to the forum but have loved having the resource here so time to ask some questions and contribute myself nbsp So after extensive reading I decided to upgrade my trusty T to the W Just a little background as to use case I needed at least gb of RAM for the GIS work I do but more so for the remote sensing aspect where I'll have several satellite images open at once and man do they eat RAM I swapped out the motherboard got a nice nbsp quad nbsp i - SSD main drive TB ultrabay spinner and mSATA ssd for other quick access data Before I swapped the motherboard from the T I benched the mSATA card at SATA III speeds I know that it is only supposed to be SATA II and I am sure that I didnt mislabel the drives or anything Below is the test It is basically SATA mSATA speed! III oddity, W530 speed was on par with the C drive SSD Does anyone out there have any idea HOW that is posible Now wiht the W motherboard it is reporting correct speeds seq read at around MB s W530 mSATA speed oddity, was SATA III speed! What happened In the real world there probably isnt THAT much difference but I do a lot of seq reads of large - gb image files It's just nbsp kind of a slap in the face here you go W530 mSATA speed oddity, was SATA III speed! super fast speeds oh wait now you cant have them anymore nbsp Before T mobo upgrade mSATA drive Sequential Read Q T MB sSequential Write Q T MB sRandom Read KiB Q T MB s IOPS Test MiB X GiB x Interval sec Date nbsp after nbsp W mobo nbsp mSATA Sequential Read Q T MB sTest MiB X GiB x Interval sec

A:W530 mSATA speed oddity, was SATA III speed!

Something is wrong with your numbers. SATA3 max speeds is 600MB/s or 6Gb/s. You have that T530 mSATA measurement at 2657.9 MB/s???? That puts it in NVMe territory not SATA3 territory (where that is absolutely not possible.)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W530-mSATA-speed-oddity-was-SATA-III-speed/td-p/3313073
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello how we all doing Good I however am not so good someone told me that ones psychological well being is connected to the state of ones comp Slow computer a declines dl speed/hdwrite 100% goes internet, to speed when CPU using progressively lot of irrtation Obviously this is true But I digress Have an issue with CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines high CPU that only occurs when internet network card is involved This makes my computer laggy According to asus liveupdate application I have the latest drivers for everything I even updated my BIOS through it CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines and it installed in windows somehow I did flash it via floppy or usb I have read that this software is very unreliable and buggy If someone can give a link to where ASUS posts BIOS revision history bugfixes I would appreciate it I can't find it on this link I start OS everything CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines is fine Fire up latest version of chrome my laptop has been connected on and off today and I have google update so it should be this very latest download anything I think anything at least from FTP and CPU load increases as the download speed increases It takes about - seconds for CPU to reach then the download speed decreases I think my comp can't handle that high hd write speed while CPU is If it gets up to MB s megabyte this happens Close dl finished paused CPU goes back down to normal levels of idling which I suspect is unusually high in my case Windows is not very snappy but not all too laggy either I get maxed out to MB s with ubuntu ftp CPU rises dlspeed declines just as described If I close chrome then start again CPU spikes to for half a second Even just opening my computer causes this This made me suspicious that it's simply my laptop that is weak it can't handle high hd write without cpu going bonanas However copying to HD from USBstick gets me a stable MB s with CPU not noteworthy elevated Problem persists with all program under explorer exe in processexplorer closed At one time interrupts went to - system idle was at at one point Processxplorer exe was See attached pictures At one point prcsexplorer said system idle processes is using CPU yet the diagram and systra is on How come Tested again with all eset smart security modules disabled the ones that can be disabled from right click of systray - system idle even as much as at one point Could eset still be root problem anyway I noticed for example one module needs reboot to be disabled Just now I restarted without barely any services and applications internet was not working spike to when opening my comp Also restarted with my normal applications and services cpu spikes to from opening browser and google docs On old stationary also cpu when connect to internet might this just be a switch issue Have a cheap no-name no brand-name simple one On the other hand I tested without switch only my comp connect straight to jacket in wall - problem remained Also same problem occured when I tested my laptop on the librarie s wireless some month ago On fresh install of ubuntu bit with a handful of software installed and no other modifications I get a stable cpu load of - with mb s- mb s from ftp via browser So no decline in dl hd write speed in contrast to W No unnormal elevation of RAM it rests at GB just as before dl started Once dl finished cpu goes to - If I recall correctly issue was there from the very beginning of getting it and the problem persisted after reinstalling windows bit ultimate and only installing a small number of software Note that a couple of months ago the only way to make CPU come down from was to reboot Or manually disconnecting then reconnecting network cable Or disable then enable network card ethernet adapter in device manager Also this impacted OS much more than now windows in general was very very laggy and ope... Read more

A:CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines

Try to update driver for JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, if already updated then try to roll back the driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-goes-to-100-when-using-internet-dl-speed-hdwrite-speed-progressively-declines-628783.html
Relevancy 35.26%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have rcently bought a - nbsp yoga- - isk GB Ram and Ghz processor Running windows Pro Edition nbsp Bit operating system nbsp The CPU speed is stuck between and Ghz - the unit is so slow it is unuseable nbsp The BIOS is up to date according to the lasest BIOS I updated 900: speed Speed clock stuck at CPU Yoga low at Lenovo - c cn ww exe and I have turned off all the power management I have run a hardware scan and all that is good too The unit is not running hot or overheating nbsp There seems to be lots of comments on the forums and net in general about people having this same issue with the Lenovo Yogas - what else can I try before this brand new laptop gets sent back for a refund nbsp Any ideas would be appreciated Yoga 900: CPU Speed stuck at low clock speed I'm a develop working in Yoga 900: CPU Speed stuck at low clock speed nbsp large microsoft environment running visual studio Enterprise and SQL server and am the person Yoga 900: CPU Speed stuck at low clock speed in this office having the problem nbsp Lots of other developers running Lenovo Thinkpads without an issue - it is just this brand new Yoga that is having the problems nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-CPU-Speed-stuck-at-low-clock-speed/td-p/3438634