Windows Support Forum

wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg

Q: wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg

I bought a toshiba satellite m -s on April It has an intel pro wireless bg adapter - driver v I have it connected a netgear wgr v router it has a problem maintaining a constant speed I watched the network monitor on the notebook and it always shows a quot connection excellent quot however the speed is not constant - it will vary from - issue pro intel wireless speed connection 2200bg wireless mbsp to wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg mbsp - but seldom does it maintain the mbsp on I sent the machine to toshiba - they replaced the network adapter - or so they said and wiped the hard drive and reinstalled the original software I rec d the machine back and find that the problem has not changed - it still will not maintain a steady speed so viewing files on other pcs on the lan takes forever and page loads on the net can also occupy too much time I have an older toshiba satellite with a netgear wireless wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg wg t adapter I have watched the monitor on that one and it will show connection excellent and maintains a steady speed of mbsp these two machines can be sitting side by side or in separate rooms and still the old one will maintain it s connection and speed but the new will not maintain the speed I called toshiba up again and they want to say it s my router I explained to them that another toshiba on the same network does not faulter -- so how can it be the router they didn t want to but they are quot granting quot me service to send the machine back to them again I haven t done that yet as I thought I would see if there was some real help elsewhere -- like perhaps here just to be on the CYA side I updated the firmware on the netgear router - the problem remained also after reading several wireless issues on this board and learning how to do pings and such I did wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg run the DrTCP and changed the mtu to dsl modem netopia caymen series router netgear v windows xp home - on all computers anyone have any idea why the new toshiba will not maintain a speed on the same router as the old toshiba that continues to work and maintain a speed I would prefer to resolve this issue without having to send it off to toshiba again as I m not convinced they actually checked the problem before swapping parts and reformatting nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 91.14%

Hi guys n gals!

I've been having some issues sorting out my wireless, and I think it's time to bring it from networking to hardware forums!

My network adapter is showing as "Unknown" in device manager instead of a network adapter, since uninstalling it and trying to install both the Gateway drivers, and also the Intel drivers, it is showing as having a yellow exclamation mark.

Although I can connect to the internet wirelessly, I really need to connect through Windows as Blueyonder have provided me with a rubbish connection manager. Problem being Windows is denying I have a network adapter to connect wirelessly!

Please help!!

Screenshot of device manager attached.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-pro-wireless-2200bg-notebook-issue.641912/
Relevancy 90.52%

Intel? PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection NOT WOrking!!
Keeps showing exclamation mark!!! Pls help me

My os is windows vista home premium 32bit
LAptop is IBM thinkpad X30

A:Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection NOT Working

Hi,

Press the Windows key and R to open the Run dialogue.Type "devmgmt.msc" and press enter. Go past the UAC prompt if necessary.Make sure there are no errors showing, particularly in the networking section. Errors will be obvious, there is no need to hunt for them. Check Other Devices if this catagory exists.Under the Network Adaptors catagory, find the Wireless card and right click on it.Click on Properties.See if any errors are showing here and note down the error code and post here.Under the Driver Tab, click on Update Driver.Click on Search Online and let it finish. Install driver when asked.Note down and post here the model of you wireless network card and your full computer make and model.
If this does not fix the problem, download the drivers from here: Lenovo Support & downloads - Drivers and software - ThinkPad X30, X31, X32

Here is the direct link to the correct drivers for your card and OS. Restart your system after install and see if the problem is fixed: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub...s/7kwv50ww.zip

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/274726-intel-pro-wireless-2200bg-network-connection-not-working.html
Relevancy 110.51%

First I ll let you know this isn t my laptop This guy I know bought three of these for his kids they re probably not the kind of kids that should even have these at least two of Intel w/ 2200BG PRO/Wireless help Need them LOL Anyway I had two of the three trying to clean them up remove viruses etc This is the only one of the three that had built-in wireless which is where I m having my final problem I ve tried uninstalling reinstalling drivers adapters anything I can find I still can t get it to work Either I get the radio button is off the adapter isn t installed can t find a connection etc I currently have a card in the slot so I m using that to connect right now I m about to Need help w/ Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG give up on this and just tell him to buy another wireless card for this one so I can be done with it but I thought I d try here first to see if anyone can help me figure out what to do Also when this computer boots up it makes me select an operating system Both of the selections are Windows XP Professional but the second one doesn t boot up if I select it Need help w/ Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG so I d like to get rid of it if possible so I d need help with that too This laptop is a Compaq nc if that helps anyone Thanks for any help anyone may be able to provide

A:Need help w/ Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG

You removed all network drivers...and then reinstalled the wireless NIC?Various ways to get rid of the dupe apparent install...try this one: Removing the invalid entries from Boot.ini - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/bootopt.htmYou can try this to remove any possible interfering drivers: How to uninstall hidden devices, drivers, and services - Tech-Recipes.com - http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_instal...on_tips504.html There's always the possibility that the onboard function is dead. Since you established connectivity by going around the onboard, it's not an XP problem...which leaves drivers and hardware as suspects, IMO.What's reflected in Device Manager when you previous reinstalled?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189000/need-help-w-intel-prowireless-2200bg/
Relevancy 109.22%

Were can I find a win 7 driver for this network adapter?

A:intel pro wireless 2200bg driver

Quote: Originally Posted by sillyshy

Were can I find a win 7 driver for this network adapter?

Silly

You try Intel? Intel? PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection - Intel? PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection support

Hope this helps

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/22201-intel-pro-wireless-2200bg-driver.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hello,
I have bought an older notebook - HP Compaq nx6110 with PCMCIA WiFi card and want to replace it with Intel? PRO/Wireless 2200BG card. I have installed Windows 7 on it and put the Intel card into miniPCI slot, the problem is no driver works for me. I would be happy, if you could help me, really do not know, what to do with that...
Thx

A:Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG - looking for a driver

Hi and Welcome to the Forums. Are you using 32bit os or 64bit?
If you are using a 32bit Windows 7 OS, try this driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/17793-intel-pro-wireless-2200bg-looking-driver.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Like the title says: I have a laptop with an Intel/Pro wireless 2200bg adapter and well... since a few days ago I've been getting the error 12 (adapter doesn't find enough resources for it's use). So I've tried uninstalling the device... updating drivers etc and all to no avail... I can't get it to work and it was working. Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 107.93%

Hi all, just installed Windows 7 on this dinosaur and everything is up and running smoothly except for the wireless. Windows update automatically installed the driver for:

Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG

and it shows up fine under Device Manager > Network adapters. It detects nearby networks and shows the option to connect, but I have been unable to connect to any network. My Device manager also has PCI Modem listed under Other devices that have not installed.

Shouldn't the installation of the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG also install my PCI Modem or are these two separate things?

I did search on this topic, but most of the posts were from a long time ago and I didn't want to bring up a dead thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:dv1000 (problems with Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG)

Quote: Originally Posted by raphytaffy

Hi all, just installed Windows 7 on this dinosaur and everything is up and running smoothly except for the wireless. Windows update automatically installed the driver for:

Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG

and it shows up fine under Device Manager > Network adapters. It detects nearby networks and shows the option to connect, but I have been unable to connect to any network. My Device manager also has PCI Modem listed under Other devices that have not installed.

Shouldn't the installation of the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG also install my PCI Modem or are these two separate things?

I did search on this topic, but most of the posts were from a long time ago and I didn't want to bring up a dead thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi and welcome

Win 7 may not have a driver for the other device. Which do you want to use?
You should dis able the other in order to enable the correct one to function

Let us know if you need help
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/39270-dv1000-problems-intel-pro-wireless-2200bg.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Problem connection intel wireless 2200BG network card pro HELP drops in speeed all the time I have updated to the latest driver for my BG adapter and the latest firmware for my netgear dg g router but i still suffer drops in connection This happens when I am playing online games such as FEAR I will go into a game and for about minutes the ping will be stable at - occasionally jumping to but after about intel pro wireless 2200BG network card HELP - minutes the ping starts to rocket to then to then into the s region and i suffer from major packet loss The intel software says my connection is quot very good quot and power management is set to maximum and i dont have any radio interferences around my laptop apart from radio in next room which is usually off Ive tried various quot fixes quot like changing to g only and changing the channel etc on various forums but it just doesnt work yes i have seen the other thread but its pages and most of it isnt relevant to me Please help me im just a poor man trying to get by and this is how i get treated nbsp

A:intel pro wireless 2200BG network card HELP

Do you get the same problems with a wired connection? May be an issue with your router and not the wifi adapter.. A good trick is to open a command prompt and start pinging your router from there (a la "ping -t 192.168.1.1"). Play the game until the game ping skyrockets. See if the router ping times went up too.

Try disabling/uninstalling any software firewalls you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-pro-wireless-2200bg-network-card-help.51343/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi,

As the title suggests, the wireless card seemed to disappear on my wife's laptop. Windows Device Manager shows a code 10 for it, and the troubleshooter is useless for solving problems like this.

I've tried numerous times to uninstall and reinstall the device, but it always ends up having the little yellow exclamation mark beside it.

Any ideas on what to do with this?

Thanks,
Matt

Relevancy 101.05%

Speedtest.net download speed is 3 mbps. The issue is not with the internet as it has been compared to other computers in the house. Fresh install using supplied drivers. Connected using WIFI. Not too far away from internet as my 4 year old laptop gets 3 times faster connection in my room.

Please help - at my wit's end. Custom built a gaming pc and now I can't do anything.

CPU: i5 3470
Mobo: GA Z77n WIFI

A:Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 very slow connection speed

Quote: Originally Posted by ageo7836

Speedtest.net download speed is 3 mbps. The issue is not with the internet as it has been compared to other computers in the house. Fresh install using supplied drivers. Connected using WIFI. Not too far away from internet as my 4 year old laptop gets 3 times faster connection in my room.

Please help - at my wit's end. Custom built a gaming pc and now I can't do anything.

CPU: i5 3470
Mobo: GA Z77n WIFI

What usually works is to connect using a wired connection then go to the Windows Update Center and install all the recent drivers for your new system, this should install the latest driver for the Intel NIC.

If you want the full 300Mbps this NIC is capable of then you will need to use the 802.11N Only setting in your routers set up page, using the mixed modes will slow your connection speed way down to wireless G speeds of 54Mpbs.

Or you could try using the drivers in the link below.
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 Mini-PCIe Card Win7, Win8 Driver, Utility | Wireless Driver & Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298849-intel-centrino-wireless-n-2230-very-slow-connection-speed.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I am not seeing anything higher than 54.0 mbps connection speeds with my N wireless set up. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated!!!

My equipment/cable service is as follows:

Cablevision Optonline with Boost (30 downstream/5 upstream/100 mbps wired LAN)

Laptop specs:

Gateway M6817 with Vista Home Premium/Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
2 gb ram, 250 HD, Intel Centrino Duo Core 2, 1.5 ghz processor

Router:

Belkin Wireless N model #F5D8233-4

Router settings: WPA2PSK/AES
20/40mhz bandwidth
b/g/n mode (laptop does not connect on N only mode)

***I also downloaded the most recent firmware/drivers for the network card and Belkin router***

Relevancy 95.03%

My internet on my Gateway 6518GZ laptop using Microsoft XP suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago. After numerous efforts to try to fix the problem, I still haven't found the solution. I've tried repairing the connection and starting a new connection. When I try to set up a new connection, the setup wizard says my "Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG" is disconnected and just recently the "Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller" has joined the list.

Any suggestions to solve this frustrating problem?

A:"Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG" disconnected

When you double click on the Wireless connection it should show you any available wireless networks to connect too, does that happen?

As for the Broadcom connection, do you have an Ethernet cable connected to it?

Make sure that the Wireless antenna on the laptop is not disable, there may be a button or a set of keys to press to enable/disable it.

The Intel ProSet software also has a habit of getting corrupt. Go to Add/Remove Programs in th Control Panel and uninstall the Intel ProSet software. You can even uninstall the Intel 2200BG Wireless Drivers and install the latest without the ProSet from here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scr...&OSFullName=Windows* XP Home Edition&lang=eng Download them on another computer and transfer them by USB drive for CD\DVD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-r-pro-wireless-2200bg-disconnected.562559/
Relevancy 92.45%

I saw some people having trouble with extremely slow wireless connections using an Intel Centrino Wireless n-1030 card. The original thread is closed, so the problem may already be solved, but if anyone is still experiencing this problem, here is what worked for me:

This NIC is a dual band card (802.11 + bluetooth), and with some routers having the bluetooth enabled really slowed down the 802.11n connection (it didn't seem to happen with my netgear router, but when I switched to linksys, WHAMMO!).

Anyway, when I disabled the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager the problem was completely solved (uhhhh except I need to use a dongle to make my bluetooth mouse work now... small price to pay IMO)

Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience. Hope it can help someone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wireless-connection-intel-centrino-wireless-n-1030.1051165/
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a new dual band wireless-AC router Linksys EA and just installed an Intel AC wireless card in Wireless on equipment to 54mb/s Speed Connection limited Wireless-N my laptop The wireless network I am connected to indicates that it is a n connection but in the Wireless Network Connection Status it only shows a connection speed of mb s The router is capable of mb s in Wireless Connection Speed limited to 54mb/s on Wireless-N equipment the ghz band and mb s in the ghz band Using inSSIDer to examine the networks it shows that when I'm connected to the ghz network it has a max rate of mb s I have tried everything I can think of and have searched and searched to no avail If my router is an AC router and my wireless card is an AC card why is my connection speed limited to mb s I also have another computer with a wireless-N card and the connection speed is also limited to mb s on that computer too I've attached a screenshot showing the connection speed

A:Wireless Connection Speed limited to 54mb/s on Wireless-N equipment

Have you tried checking the various setting in the network folder? Also, your router has a configuration web page doesnt it? a page you would go to; in order to change the router settings? If so, log into that page and check the router settings. Also; even though the router is new I believe you mentioned; there might be a firmware upgrade for the router that you should be able to easily check for. Im not familiar with the type of router you have. but you should be able to get into the settings fairly easily.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323962-wireless-connection-speed-limited-54mb-s-wireless-n-equipment.html
Relevancy 91.59%

when i double click the icon in my systray of the the flashing monitor, which opens my wireless network connection status window, the number next to Speed fluctuates between 11.0 Mbps to 54.0 Mbps. I just updated my dlink wbr 2310 routers firmware to 1.03 from 1.02 because previously i was getting randomly disconnected. Its only been a couple days, but i havnt yet noticed that ive been randomly disconnected anymore, but now my connection speed fluctuates, where with the old firmware, i never once saw it change. what could be causing this change? as its screwing up my online gaming, causing me to lag when it drops way down. I never had a problem with the speed changing before, and cant find any setting that looks like it could be linked to such an event, though im no networking expert, so i may be missing something. what does anyone think of this problem? thanks.

A:Wireless speed under wireless network connection status fluctuating????

google for a program called Network Stumbler. When it runs, you can see other
wifi systems near by and the real asset is the disclosure of all the channels in use.

pick a channel that is not used

monitor what activities you are performing when the connection rate changes;
it's likely that it only occurs when you're gaming. In that case, the stress of the
networked game is the actual cause of the rate change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-under-wireless-network-connection-status-fluctuating.77396/
Relevancy 84.28%

Please can you assist with my wireless connection issue.

I have just recently purchased the RTL8192CE wireless Lan 802.11 PCI-E NIC and installed it in my shuttle XPC. I am using Windows 8.1 64bit OS. The LAN card is picking up my wireless router fine, but when I enter my router password an error message appears. I have checked the driver and windows sates it's working correctly, notwithstanding I reinstalled the drivers given with the LAN card just in-case. But still I am unable to connect to my wireless router.

The DSL router works fine on all my other devices, iPhone, laptop, kindle etc. and just to make sure I called my DSL service provider and they reconfigured the router. But still when I enter the password to connect to the router, it will not connect to the internet?

Regards

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56192-wireless-connection-issue-rtl8192ce-wireless-lan-802-11-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Im fairly adept at networking so I think Im missing something simple here. I just formatted an HP laptop and the wireless is working ok through the windows wireless zero config. There were 2 sofpaq's for the wireless on HP's site but their online support is telling me to only get 1 of them. The reason I even went there was because it only connects to wireless networks at 11Mbps and its supposed to be capable of 54Mbps. Ive now downloaded the software they recommend and installed it but there is no change. I cant find anywhere to change the speed either. I thought at one time I saw a setting in my Linksys router to adjust bandwidth but Im not finding that.
As far as the laptop, its an HP pavilion ze4700 w/XP home. Any tips on the connection speed?

Relevancy 79.98%

Hello everyone I'm new here I came here because my computer has lots of problems Lots of problems that I've been unable to solve despite the fact that I'm fairly capable of fixing computers But the problems I have are unique Or at least I think they are Maybe somebody here can help In this post I'm looking for answers on the biggest problem Speed Connection Wireless I have that is driving me nuts Allow me to explain I am running a Model Compaq Presario I know it's old but it's all I have right now I connect to the internet using a high speed cable wireless connection Specifically a Lynsys wireless modem router My room mate has a PC Machines desktop computer and is always connected at mbps on the same wireless network But my computer is almost always slower My connection speed jumps anywhere from mbps to mbps but most of the time it's on the lower end of the spectrum I'm usually under mbps Considering both my room mate and myself are connecting the the same wireless network It makes sense that my computer is the problem I have deleted large files off my machine and I now have GB of free space I have defraged my drive and my connection speed is still slow At this very moment I'm running at mbps when I should be at mbps I am desperately Wireless Connection Speed seeking advice as to what I should do I'm paying for high speed internet but I'm experiencing dial up speeds

A:Wireless Connection Speed

Try TCPOtimiser. Set it to Optimal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-speed-363529.html
Relevancy 79.98%

A conundrum. My mom's Dell Inspirion E1505 runs super slow on her wireless at home. In fact, in the time it has taken me to Google this site, register and make this post, she is still waiting for one page to load.

However, the computer runs normally on the wireless everywhere else.

My Dell, my sister's laptop and an Uncle have all been able to successfully connect to her network and surf without problem.

She's chipped it up, bought a new battery, but the computer continues to run slowly. Any other suggestions?

A:Wireless Connection Speed

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-speed.864051/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey all boys and girls First post Now to my question problem I have just bought a laptop from Fujitsu Siemens Its a model Amilo M G and it runns with Pentium M Gz GB worth of RAM - Please Help! speed issue Wireless LAN Nvidia MB Please Help! - Wireless LAN speed issue Go Integrated wireless b g Windows Home Edition SP Norman Virus Control just updated Router is D-Link DI- For more spec just ask me I have a problem with my wireless speed My signal strength is max when ever I am inside my house But the speed gets as low as Mbit s My brother has a laptop and it runns just fine with the WLAN and he can play intenet games surf and everything else with out problems We live far away from anyone else so it cannot be that someone is stealling my connection There are people with a simmilar problem http forums speedguide net archive index php t- html And it happens to quite manny so there has to be some sort off solution My friend told me it might be a firewall issue Can that be it and what do I do to get rid off it Any help is greatly appreciated Thanx Hyper nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

I am trying to connect to a d link 2680 using intel proset wireless but when i try to input the password it will only accept numbers not letters, any advice would be appreciated

Relevancy 79.55%

I have searched everywhere. I tried a few things said in this forum and others but I am a newbie novice. I got my girlfriend's laptop connected to my wireless router with no problem. But no matter what I do her laptop will not connect to the LAN line. It just says "acquiring network address" over and over. I would tell you what I have tried already but I fear I would say it wrong. So if anyone can help, please! She is giving me another day to figure this out. The LAN was working last week before i fixed the wireless connection.

How can I get her LAN connected? What info do I need to provide?

A:LAN not working but Wireless is!! Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-not-working-but-wireless-is-intel-r-pro-100-ve-network-connection.671460/
Relevancy 79.55%

hello I hope some one can help. I recently installed the latest version of network magic pro on my laptop and everything was workiing. today I tried to connect to internet and it tells me that there is another softwear running on my computer. the message tells me to disable it if I want to use network magic. any one no how to fix the problem? I not very good with computers so please bare with me.

A:disableing intel wireless connection manager

If you have Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless try right clicking the Icon and select Use Windows to Manage Wi-Fi and see if that works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disableing-intel-wireless-connection-manager-332094.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi,

I've researched the forum a little bit already about this issue, but haven't found a real solution yet. I have a brand new Lenovo X200 w/ an Intel 5300 AGN wireless card, and my connection drops and immediately reconnects very often. As I'm typing this, it has happened several times.

On recommendations from various forum posts, I have:
1) Installed the latest Intel driver (13.0.0.107) - supplied by Lenovo on recommendation from Intel's site.
2) Disabled IP6 in my wireless adapter
3) Played around with various power settings
4) Played around with various device driver advanced settings.

Nothing seems to make a difference. If anyone knows how to alleviate this issue, please let me know.

Thanks.

A:Wireless Connection Drops often with Intel 5300 AGN

See if this post shows you how to fix it. There seems to be some drivers you may need and also changing to the 5.0Ghz band can help.

Re: ThinkPad Intel WiFi 5300 Wireless Connection D... - lenovo community

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57915-wireless-connection-drops-often-intel-5300-agn.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I am have trouble with me Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG connection... It used to work fine until I formatted my laptop, then recovered it.. All drivers are installed.. or atleast they should be... And I am usuing version 12.2.0.11

I am trying connecting to a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband router, for some reason the wireless thing is recognised and can be access from my toolbar.. But when I click to view available wireless networks it can never find any....

I have tired using a USB Wifi thing which worked fine with my router and also my ipod touch connects fine with the router, however my laptops built in wireless will not work).

Also I am using Windos XP Proffesional on a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3505

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 79.55%

I am have trouble with me Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG connection... ieless adopter does not find any wireless connection, however they are present(i checked it from my second laptop). the router is fine.

Also I am using Windos vista Home Premium 32 bit at Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 2515.
I have tried to update drivers for (Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection ) but still the problem exist.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 79.55%

I can't figure out how to get my wireless card in my laptop going. Can't find any drivers or a solution to get it back up again. This problem started right after i installed windows 7 professional 64 bit. Anyone got a solution?

A:Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection

Please fill in your system specs. Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35195-intel-r-pro-wireless-2915abg-network-connection.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Problem is 2 laptops in the same house have different internet connection speeds when viewing the speed data in the Wireless connections tab.
1st laptop is an old acer (windows vista) and its running at 300mps to a virgin 50mb wireless router.
2nd laptop is a new dell xps running windows 7, corei7 etc but is only connecting at 144mps speed.

I cant figure out why this is the case as I would have thought they would both be the same. It means that the speed of the dell laptop is much slower than the acer.

Have noticed that when I'm downloading podcasts etc from itunes its stupidly slow on the dell.

Any idea on how to improve this would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 79.12%

Hello I just bought a new Ultrabook from Samsung that came with windows Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz RAM GB -bit Connection! Solved: and Speed Wireless Operating System x -based processor First thing I noticed is it kept disconnecting me from the wireless network Or won t see it Second issue was the Solved: Wireless Speed and Connection! slow page load where the grey ring in the Firefox tab never turns green and the message at the bottom is always saying quot waiting Solved: Wireless Speed and Connection! for quot One Solved: Wireless Speed and Connection! minute I suffer from the above issues and another minute I don t Did some search and found other having the same issue Here s what I did to resolve the problem but didn t notice a thing Deleted and re-installed the wireless driver Flushed the DNS Cache Also bought a new access point and a router but the problem is still present Tried other laptops and they work fine windows and Mac Issue was present before installing Internet security program nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Dell Inspiron 1545 w/ Vista
Using the Wifi connection to the internet (wireless) to building Wifi, the signal strength is strong but the speed is poor. My regular desktop shows speeds are fine (used in the same area). (Desktop >16Mbs...Laptop <1 to 4.5Mbs.

Dell help is non existent. Computer given to me by son of recently deceased friend,

Relevancy 79.12%

I recently upgraded my laptop (Acer Aspire 5738ZG) from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium. Everything works fine except that my Wireless connection Speed has dropped from 300Mbps to 150Mbps. As far as I can tell, I have lost one of the two bands. My router is a DIR-655 D-Link and the wireless network adapter is an Atheros AR5B91. I have updated the driver on the atheros adapter, and am using the newest firmware for the router. I realize that the speeds were probably never 300Mpbs (and that this transfer rate is way over the capacity I use) but I nevertheless must have lost half my capacity and I would dearly like to recapture it. I am using the same router specifications as before: mixed n/g/b auto 20/40mhz. If anyone can help me reactivate my second band, I would really appreciate it. Thanx!

A:Wireless Network Connection Speed

I'd be looking at the wireless drivers, they're the only thing you changed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-speed.874803/
Relevancy 79.12%

Although we are paying alot of money every month to BT home broadband for 8megabit connection, when I run a speed test, some days I get 0.2mbps and some days I get more like 0.9-1 mbps. Is this because of neighbours, or is it because I am wireless (even though the downstairs wired pc gets the same speeds)? If so, what can I do to speed up my download speeds?
Thanks
Tubes

Relevancy 79.12%

hi-
Searched threads need help.

I notice when online, through my wireless connection, that the speed seems tochange alot. When I hit the icon on the bottom right of the computer sometimes it says "Speed 24.0 Mbps, or Speed 54.0 Mbps, it seems to fluxuate alot. I notice when it says a speed other than 54.0 Mbps things load slower from web pages. Regardless of what the speed says, the Signal Strength always says" Excellent " and the status always says " " Connected."

Any help would be appreciated!

The router is a Linksys wirless G 2.4Ghz 54Mbps broadband router
The computer is a Sony s460 lap with the built in w/lan.

Thanks-Bob

A:wireless network speed connection

Hi,

Might be worth ensuring that nobody else is logging into your wireless network.

Mine used to also be slow at times until I locked the connection to the MAC addresses of my worksations

Maybe download a bandwidth monitor to see what is happening, something like du-meter.

Of course, it may just be a coincidence as wireless signals can fluxuate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-speed-connection.387302/
Relevancy 79.12%

i ahve a win98se and a home built, and 2 dells, it is possible to get all of them into the same wireless router? i say one for lynksys about 129.99 USD for whole house wireless coverage? is it a good deal
my conection is Cabel High Speed

and also how fast can i tell me connection is?
thanks

Relevancy 79.12%

I just made a wireless connection using a Hiro 802.11b/g/n WLAN USB Adapter on my Dell Computer which is running Windows XP, SP3 and a Netgear WNDR3300 Wireless Dual Band router.

I am getting a connection on only the 2.4-G at 54 mps. I was hoping to get a higher speed. What happened? (BTW, my ISP is Comcast, if that means anything.)

I am new to all this wireless stuff, so maybe I missed something in the setup?

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi I'm currently having a problem with my win7 64 bit desktops wireless speed. It has recently decided to slow to a crawl I'm talking to the point where the speed is measured in bytes not kilobytes when accessing the net and downloading files. I know it's the computer not my network as other wifi gear still works at full speed.

The only change I have made is to switch antivirus from kaspersky to mcafee, I use a Asus wl-138g v2 wifi card( I know it's old but it's been very reliable until now). Any help would be apreciated, thanx in advance.

A:Speed issue or lack there of with wireless

Sorry you are having issues dis0wned1!

Disable, or uninstall and burn (with a match) Mcafee.... I had the same issue on a clients lappy! Removed Mcafee and issue went away!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77219-speed-issue-lack-there-wireless.html
Relevancy 78.69%

The wireless connection intermittently disconnects when using Microsoft Windows 10 I can't find any new driver for Windows 10 - 64bit.  Please can you help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Intermittent-Wireless-Connection-with-Intel-Centrino/td-p/5780224
Relevancy 78.26%

Any proof to this? My guess is the router has a built-in firewall, which slows hemps download speed? I read 100Mbps with hard wired, and 54Mbps max with wireless.

Relevancy 78.26%

I'm running off of a Linksys Wireless 802.11 ( not sure of the name for the actual device), and it reads off of a Linksys BEFW11S4. Lately, my connection speed has been rather slow. I'm not sure if its possible, but I'm looking for some ways to tweak it to run at higher speeds. I'm not sure if it's me, the Router, or the ISP. Usually I get highspeeds even during high traffic, and lately it's been rather slow.

Thank you in advanced for any help,
Jasio

A:Tweaking Connection Speed W/ Linksys Wireless 802.11

Try this tweak test:

http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

and here are some broadband speed tweaks. Make sure you download the uninstaller (dnscache undo) so if it doesn't work you can restore your settings.

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tweaking-connection-speed-w-linksys-wireless-802-11.54202/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey All,
I use a Linksys Wireless-B USB Network Adaptor for my PC to share our broadband connection. I Also use a Linksys Router for the main pc. The Adverage speed for the main PC is about 15KB/s - a really good speed for surfing the internet. My Computer also goes that speed. I only have one problem, The time it takes for webpages to load on my wireless pc is really slow. I got better load times on Dialup.. I dont know if its my slow old pc, or what, but i just want to surf the net quicker....
===========================
My PC:
Windows 98 SE
333 MHz, 4 GIG HD, 64 Megs of RAM
============================
Steps i have taken:
-Tried to tweak some IE settings
-Scanned for vicious spyware/malware
-tried messign with some settings in the controll pannel
===============================
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increase-wireless-internet-connection-speed.358144/
Relevancy 78.26%

my linksys card keeps changing speed and gets slower and slower each time . I have reformated and reloaded system several times and get the same results every time . when I first installed the card it did very well but now is down to 5 mpbs instead of 54

A:my wireless connection keeps changing speed all the time

how are you seeing the speed change, how are you checking it, what os, you were seeing 54mbps all the time, how old is the card, using a router, do you ever reboot the computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-connection-keeps-changing-speed-all-the-time.463411/
Relevancy 78.26%

Sorry me again Enhance To Connection/speed? Ways Wireless Any I just found this out Seems a bit odd I have a HP zt laptop sitting foot away from my old Dell Any Ways To Enhance Wireless Connection/speed? laptop I only have wireless card To access BC's site I have to use my Dell b c of the problem discussed in my other forum post I noticed that my Dell was connected at a rate from kbs- kbs but when I put the card in my HP the rate dropped to kbs- kbs I thought that was strange seeing that they are sitting right next to each other I'm connected thru a D-Link DI router My card is a Linksys-D PC guy told me its Any Ways To Enhance Wireless Connection/speed? the newest avail Both laptops have the drivers installed using the same disk that came with the card I've uninstalled then reinstalled the drives using the disk on my HP The driver icon on my taskbar says its a linksys-WPC N Is there anyway to tweak the system to increase the connection speed I don't know if my HP has a hardware issue or a driver issue It just seems odd that an older unit running the same driver and card would have such a huge advantage in speed Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81927/any-ways-to-enhance-wireless-connectionspeed/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi All,

I badly needed your help, I have a 1MB internet connection and I really want to limit my wireless speed connection.

My modem is Prolink 9300G. I want to limit it cause ME the main user for the Connection is always slow and of course me as the main subscriber for the dsl I want to limit the wireless connection.

Its really a pain when youre wife's brother is downloading Gigabytes of stuff while playing there lousy game!

I dont want to cut his internet i just want to limit his speed so he can limit his downloads.

Any ways to do this? I am really really desperate for this solution.

Will always check up on my thread.

Bookmark!

Thanks,
R

Relevancy 78.26%

I just got the internal adapter Intel Wireless Dual Band AC 7260. I couldn't get it to work at ac speed, it always connects at 54mbps. I have another usb external DLink AC wireless adapter which works fine.
Just wondering if I have to do anything (config/setup) with the Intel internal wireless adapter to make it work at ac speed. I have been to device manager and check but it doesn't seem to have any option for ac mode.
Any help would be appreciated!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994488
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello all,
I am having an issue with my wireless internet connection. It has worked well for 5 years, but a few days ago I suddenly lost connectivity. Checked the wireless switch on my Dell 1737 laptop, good. Replaced my Intel 5100 wireless card with a new one. It is not recognized by Device Manager, but the driver shows up under Control Panel, Programs. Tried just about everything. Do you think I am looking at an out of box hardware failure? I have checked and rechecked the seating and coaxial connectors to the new board. This one has me stumped. Any suggestions? Kind regards.

Relevancy 77.83%

I have the same problem I have an HP Pavilion Z-g CTO Touch running Windows Pro with Intel dual-band wireless AC nbsp The wireless connection continues to randomly drop internet connection When I first bought the computer it would crash Win with a blue screen nbsp After several Dual Intel(R) Wireless-AC Connection intermittent Band 3165 driver updates it now just loses connection to the internet nbsp Clicking on the wireless icon the network shows it as connected to my wireless router but with no internet access nbsp After a while wi-fi shows as being Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 intermittent Connection off and can't be turned back on and finally wi-fi shows as disconnected with no available connections nbsp If I try to reboot or shut down the computer will hang indefinitely until I manually shut down by holding in the power key When I turn the computer back on the wi-fi will show as not connected and will not show any available networks nbsp To restore the network connection I have to diable the network controller in device manager restart the computer and re-enable the network controller nbsp This problem occurs both after waking from sleep and after a powerup nbsp The time it takes for the problem to arise can vary from a nbsp few minutes to a few hours after logging in I have tried the latest drvier from HP and also the latest from Intel but the problem still persists nbsp HP support says this is a software problem and since my computer is more than days old I will have to pay for support nbsp I told them this has been a problem since I got the computer but HP support apparently located in India is a broken record saying that I must pay for support nbsp I asked for a contact number in the United States and they said they don't have one nbsp The Intel AC clearly works in other machinces so this is clearly a problem with HP nbsp It is likely a BIOS issue nbsp Yet HP refuses to fix the problem or even admit that it exists nbsp They push you off by telling you to download the latest driver and update your BIOS until you are out Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 intermittent Connection of the warranty period then they want you to pay for help that won't even fix the problem nbsp If HP does not fix this problem for FREE I will not purchase another HP prouct again

A:Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 intermittent Connection

Hey @Bleutoo, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions. Please take a moment to read HP's Privacy Policy at http//www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/ww-privacy.html . Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Intel-R-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3165-intermittent-Connection/td-p/5587226
Relevancy 77.83%

i have an HP pavilion m6-1045dx laptop with the specs:
intel i5-3210M processor
8gb ram
windows 7 64bit OS

obviously, i have an intel centrino wirless N-2230 as the wireless NIC. a few days ago my hard drive failed and needed repair, i managed to replace the hard drive but came a long this problem. whenever i would play my PC game (league of legends), my ping would register at 800-2200 pms i need help.

note: the wirless NIC worked perfectly fine with prior to the hard drive crash other than dropping the network when there's too much users on the router.

A:Intel centrino wireless N-2230 having slow connection speeds

If your router is dropping network when there's too much users, it might be overheating or overloaded and that your Wireless NIC might not be the problem at all. Playing 3D games that require online multiplayer is very demanding for a router that is not "high performance" capable. It might be the case where the router is overloaded when someone is playing an online multiplayer 3D game while others are streaming HD or using a Skype call VOIP all at the same time. You can try unplugging your router for 30 seconds and plugging it back in and see if ping spikes are gone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305751-intel-centrino-wireless-n-2230-having-slow-connection-speeds.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello guys I m from Germany and I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop works drops (Lenovo/Intel)--other connection wireless y One of the members here had the same prob but his thread is closed so i can t write him anymore PM also doesn t work thread http forums techguy org networking -wireless-connection-drops-lenovo-intel html Once again the problem same as in his thread quot I have wireless connection drops (Lenovo/Intel)--other laptop works a Lenovo Y that worked fine up excepting a keyboard issue that I fixed based on a youtube posting The fix was to tape a small piece of antistatic tape under the keyboard over a screwlike piece of metal wireless connection drops (Lenovo/Intel)--other laptop works Apparently that metal was causing static by rubbing against the keyboard data cable It fixed the problem Previous to the fix various keyboard keys prompted shortcut keys maddening and couldn t type After assembling the keyboard and the top of the keyboard pad was very careful to not bring static and assemble properly the wireless connection began to drop I have another laptop Asus with a similar set-up but a Centrino wifi card vs Intel bgn for the Lenovo and it was connecting to the wifi no problem Often I ll see a yellow sun symbol over the wifi bars or a blue animated circle or a red x Changing the standard settings does not help Attaching an ethernet cable brings up a perfect connection Help Some things I ve thought could be the problem I ve covered an antenna of some sort with the anti-static plastic pea-sized piece My wifi card is bad and coincidentally went out when I fixed the other problem above When the keyboard problem existed I hit a shortcut that reconfigured the wifi somehow but it worked fine before I opened up the keyboard Opening up the keyboard was pretty basic so I don t think I messed anything up by opening it again everything works fine except for the wifi See the youtube video wireless connection drops (Lenovo/Intel)--other laptop works I saw here http youtu be FdGXTo-dpYc Thanks Tech Guys in advance for any help you can offer I read through a lot of other posts on the website and even tried some of the command prompts to reset things -- no improvement quot So I hope someone can help me Florian nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Below is my sysinfo I have a Lenovo Y that worked fine up excepting a keyboard issue that I fixed based on a youtube posting The fix was to tape a small piece of antistatic tape under the keyboard over a screwlike piece of metal Apparently that metal was causing static by rubbing works drops laptop wireless connection (Lenovo/Intel)--other against the keyboard data cable It fixed the problem Previous to the fix various keyboard keys prompted shortcut keys maddening and couldn t type After assembling the keyboard and the top of the keyboard pad was very careful to not bring static and assemble properly the wireless connection began to wireless connection drops (Lenovo/Intel)--other laptop works drop I have another laptop Asus with a similar set-up but a Centrino wifi card vs Intel bgn for the Lenovo and it was connecting to the wifi no problem Often I ll see a yellow wireless connection drops (Lenovo/Intel)--other laptop works sun symbol over the wifi bars or a blue animated circle or a red x Changing the standard settings does not help Attaching an ethernet cable brings up a perfect connection Help Some things I ve thought could be the problem I ve covered an antenna of some sort with the anti-static plastic pea-sized piece My wifi card is bad and coincidentally went out when I fixed the other problem above When the keyboard problem existed I hit a shortcut that reconfigured the wifi somehow but it worked fine before I opened up the keyboard Opening up the keyboard was pretty basic so I don t think I messed anything up by opening it again everything works fine except for the wifi See the youtube video I saw here http www youtube com watch v FdGXTo-dpYc Thanks Tech Guys in advance for any help you can offer I read through a lot of other posts on the website and even tried some of the command prompts to reset things -- no improvement Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Lenovo KL Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-drops-lenovo-intel-other-laptop-works.1038144/
Relevancy 77.83%

I'm having the same problem, really want to find a solution.

@Nathan166? What is the exact model or product number of your laptop??? What OS are you running??? If W10 did you upgrade to W10??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Intel-R-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3165-intermittent-Connection/td-p/5489723
Relevancy 77.83%

Have follwed all of the suggestions from HP and no matter what still have int issues, all my other devices work perfrctly well, tried with another router but still the same. Bought this as an update but wich I hadnt bothered nothing but issues. 

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer, would be to try the latest wireless card driver directly from Intel and see if that makes a difference. The 2nd file down on the left is for W10 x64. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26148/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Intel-R-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3165-intermittent-Connection/td-p/5713936
Relevancy 77.4%

I just installed my mom s wireless router for her speed, solutions? my downgrading connection Wireless any router Long story short it took six hours Who knew that the only WEP key that would Wireless router downgrading my connection speed, any solutions? work correctly is the first of the four Why even give me for if three of them don t work Anyway I m terribly concerned about this new fangled wireless internet I have two Bellsouth Fastaccess DSL connections in my house The one I m posting from now is mine and a trip to dslreports com tells me that I m sitting pretty at a kbps download speed My upload speed is a Wireless router downgrading my connection speed, any solutions? meager kbps but that s not what the problem here is My mom s DSL post-wireless connection is chugging along at about kbps down That s awful Her upload speed is fine it s in the s I checked her speed before I switched her over to wireless and it was Wireless router downgrading my connection speed, any solutions? going just fine at about Kbps I was using her connection for a long time because mine was accidentally cancelled by the geniuses at Bellsouth And I never experienced terrible connection speeds Wireless isn t suppose to do this to a connection right Are there any settings I m missing the resolve this issue The icon in her system tray says that it s connected at like Mbps We ve got two laptops and a printer on the wireless network One laptop is running Windows and the other is running Windows Vista The router is a quot Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router quot with get this quot Speed Booster quot It s Ghz whatever that means and the model number is WRT GS Any and all help would be greatly appreciated Oh and Happy Easter nbsp

A:Wireless router downgrading my connection speed, any solutions?

If your devices aren't getting pretty old they should support the more secure WPA-PSK encryption. In my opinion it's also easier to use. All 4 WEP keys work, but "mix and match" doesn't work. Whatever you specify for key n in the router has to be specified for key n in any wireless adapters. I've used the first key and all four keys, but assume that you can use any one or combination you want.

Turbos and speedboosters and draft n are a little worrisome because they can do more harm than good if all devices don't match. Since you are having bandwidth problems I suggest setting everything to just use the standard 802.11g 54Mbps until you get things sorted out.

What download results are you getting on the other wireless laptop?

Make sure you have the latest wireless adapter drivers (from the laptop's manufacturer if integrated), that there are no other wireless networks in range on the same or close channel, and have the laptop in the same room as the router for testing.

Probably be worth checking to see if Linksys has a firmware upgrade for the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-downgrading-my-connection-speed-any-solutions.559658/
Relevancy 77.4%

I am having an odd problem on one of my new laptops. I have a new gateway tablet laptop and am using wireless networking in my home, a linksys wrt54g, the wireless router is pretty close to me and I always show full signal. However, my speed has been dropping from 54Mbps to 24, and sometimes lower, even though I am at full signal.

This does not occur on my other gateway laptop.

If I repair the connection it reconnects me at 54Mbps every time.

Anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks,
Tyler

Relevancy 77.4%

I recently clean installed windows 7 on an ssd i bought for my custom built computer and after installing all the updates and every driver has even been updated to the latest, I still have slow internet speeds and that's with my ethernet and wirless adapter.

I have google just about everything and can't seem to find how to fix this, but some help would be every appreciated.

Also, I'm not sure which specs and info you need to know for this but just tell me what you need to know and I'll post it in the next reply.

A:Slow internet speed with wired and wireless connection

Use this to test your internet speed and see if you are getting what you are paying for.

Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

What internet method are you using? (DSL, Cable ect.)

From your specs.

Quote:
Antivirus none
Browser Chrome

No anti virus is not wise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/398848-slow-internet-speed-wired-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey guys I m having a puzzling issue with my wireless connection The wireless connection to my stationary computer is fine when I first connect but after a couple of minutes it slows down from mbit to about kbit or less The upload speed has not changed as slows Wireless but connection Solved: to fast first, speed down 1\10 of at then much It has gone from mbit to around kbit The connection on my laptop is working just fine also win but not same adapter I m using a Solved: Wireless connection fast at first, but then slows down to 1\10 of speed ICIDU wireless Solved: Wireless connection fast at first, but then slows down to 1\10 of speed usb adapter with the latest driver for windows this is a beta driver and might be the root of my problem but it has worked fine before on the same OS I just scanned the computer for malware and found nothing of importance The connection itself is about but I don t think that should matter that much especially because it works fine when first connected There is nothing in the background as far as I can see using extra bandwidth and windows firewall is turned OFF If needed I can post a screen from xirrus Please help Thanks Trevor Goodchild nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless connection fast at first, but then slows down to 1\10 of speed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-fast-at-first-but-then-slows-down-to-1-10-of-speed.899471/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a dell Inspiron 1705 using built in Intel ProSet Wireless. Up until yesterday all was well....network connection speed of 54 Mbps almost always. Today speed varies from 54 Mbps (at start up) to as low as 1Mbps (2, 5.5, 12, 18, 24, 36 and even sometimes back up to 54). Anybody got an idea what's up? Using linksys wrt54gl as router/gateway with Desktop hard wired to it. No apparent problems with desktop.

Relevancy 77.4%

I just upgraded my laptop wireless adapter from "Broadcom BCM43142" to "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac" upon confirmed that the new card is supported from service manual.  Both latest Intel wireless and bluetooth drivers are installed (18.33.0.2 and 18.1.1611.3223 respectively). AC connection works perfectly fine; however, the bluetooth seems to be having issue here.  For pairing and maintain active connection between bluetooth device and laptop, I have to put them right next to each other literally.  Any distance more than 10cm apart, the bluetooth device will be inactive and unusable.  I don't have such problem with Broadcom which I can perform pairing and maintain active connection even a meter apart.  Does anybody face the same issue before with Intel AC 3160 bluetooth?  Or is this a hardware issue with the card itself?

A:Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 bluetooth issue

Hi @cfc723, Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion 15-p041tx Notebook and the new Wireless card you installed. The only one that was compatible in the service manual for a Intel processor was the Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi adapter.  Here is a link to the service manual. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3160-bluetooth-issue/td-p/5595211
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi, i have upgraded my laptop to windows 10 recently. after upgradation, my intel wireless centrino n2230 card has started connectivity problems. it turns off and donot detects any wifi network where as network is available and can be detected by other devices. i disable and re-enable network device in device manager then it starts working. this connectivity issues happen oftenly. i have upgraded driver through widows 10 as well but issue is not fixed. i have googled this problem and seen that no one has found a permanent and reasonable solution to it so i have decided to replace this wireless adapter with some one that has compatibility with my notebook and operating system as well. please suggest me few device models (both single and dual band) that as compatible with my book and windows 10. since i want to upgrade the card so i would prefer some device with dual band and 2 stream. Thanks..may

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-connectivity-issue-of-intel-centrino-n-2230-on/td-p/5677623
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey guys firstly thanks for taking the time to read my thread.

Recently completed a custom install of Windows 7 64bit version. Have installed all the Windows updates and drivers from HP.

My wireless adapter will connect to my network with static ip address set manually but the 'automatically detect settings' option will not work and I receive the message "Unidentified Network" in the task bar.

Any help will be appreciated.

_______

**SOLUTION**

1. Reset router and apply settings again. (**Remember to write down any user names and passwords used for your ISP**)

2. Use WPA2-PSK security rather than WPA

3. Connect to network using network password

A:Intel Wifi Link 5100 Wireless issue with Win7 install

When I turn on the auto settings I see it comes up with some wacky ip address that isn't even in the range of my network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35680-intel-wifi-link-5100-wireless-issue-win7-install.html
Relevancy 76.54%

It has been acting up big time in the last couple days. The speed (Mbps) fluncuates up and down, and constantly disconnects me. I have tried resetting the modem, but it will still do it after some time. I have the newest filmware. Why did it just start acting up now?

It has got to be the placement of the router. I have it in its own room on the same floor as my laptop, but its on a desk about 3 ft high. Perhaps on the ceiling?

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all,
I have windows 7 home premium and internet explorer 9 installed with norton antivirus protection.

My problem.

Since about a week ago i have been suffering from wireless drop out and extremely slow internet in my bedroom via wireless where it used to be good. I tried to update my malbytes earlier and it was still on 0% downloaded after 5 mins before connection cut.
I am writing this in the study where the router is based just to be able to load pages and have a better change of less dropping which it still doing next to the router!

Any ideas guys as this come along all of a sudden and i cant find anything.

Many Thanks

Paul

A:Constantly slow internet speed and dropping of wireless connection.

Hi please close thread as it turned out to be the router at fault and now everything is fine again.

Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404902/constantly-slow-internet-speed-and-dropping-of-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello all I m hoping someone can help me This is my first post I have been fighting my internet speeds for several weeks now and Verizon wireless has not been any help I have a HP Pavillion running XP Media Center I use a wireless usb modem like you would on a laptop only I use it on a desktop so it never moves I have great cellular signal with it but my speeds stink up the place I test at speedtest Solved: speed internet on Verizon connection Slow Wireless net I have Solved: Slow internet speed on Verizon Wireless connection run spybot S amp D to try to clean up any spyware didn t find much I have run Windows Definder I have done all the normal disk clean up scan disk ect Here is my HijackThis file Any ideas to try would be extremely Solved: Slow internet speed on Verizon Wireless connection appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Solved: Slow internet speed on Verizon Wireless connection Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PSIService exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS Imgtask exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Nova Development Greeting Card Factory Photo Card Maker ReminderApp exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe C Program Files Alltel QuickLink Mobile QuickLink Mobile exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings HP Administrator My Documents HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShi... Read more

Relevancy 76.54%

I m using a belkin modem wireless router When the wireless connection speed is mbps i can surf the web But it often drops to mbps and sometimes even mbps When it does this i cant surf the web Every time this happens i need to repair my connection After that I would be able to surf for a few minutes Then the speed drops again I d have to repeat the same thing over the often unstable.Speed drops Wireless to surf and web. unable connection and over again And my pc which is connected via ethernet connection directly to the modem router works just fine When i called belkin s tech support they asked me to change from WPA to WEP After i did this the problem became worse My laptop cant even connect to the router I dont know whether it s the router or the dsl connection Bcoz i ve used linksys and netgear before and the same problem occurred back then but not as frequent as now So can anyone help me with this problem nbsp

A:Wireless connection unstable.Speed often drops and unable to surf the web.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-unstable-speed-often-drops-and-unable-to-surf-the-web.766109/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello I have a laptop dell xps M with Intel R PROSet ABG It has been working well for several years Yesterday morning I wireless detect unable to a supported PROSet/Wireless was adapter. Software Intel(R) got an error quot Problem applying profile quot then it couldn t been connected I did a lot of things Update the driver from to version Make sure quot Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Wireless Zero Configuration quot service started Uninstall the wireless adapter and reinstall it reboot the machine It is not working today The error becomes quot Intel R PROSet Wireless Software was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter quot By checking the device manager for connectivity everything looks good One thing I must mention is sometimes I got an error that is quot Microsoft Help and Support Center has encountered a problem and needs to close quot The detail is Error signature AppName helpctr exe AppVer ModName ntdll dll ModVer Offset b I am frustered but I don t want to reinstall windows system My OS is win xp pro sp Thanks for your reading and help nbsp

A:Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-r-proset-wireless-software-was-unable-to-detect-a-supported-wireless-adapter.789295/
Relevancy 76.54%

i have an acer laptop and recently updated my computer with th latest intel pro wireless software a supported to adapter. Intel install was Pls. detect wireless unable PROset/Wireless and this is what happened When I right click on the Wireless icon -everything is greyed out except for OPEN INTEL PROset WIRELESS and OPEN INTEL WIRELESS TROUBLESHOOTER - When I click the Troubleshooter the message is CURRENTLY Intel PROset/Wireless was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Pls. install THERE ARE NO ISSUES REPORTED -When I click on OPEN Intel proset Wireless the pop says Intel PROset Wireless Intel PROset/Wireless was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Pls. install was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter Pls install a supported wireless adapter If I go to drivers and look at Network Adapters - it shows Intel PRO Wireless BG Network Connection in green but if I right click it I see a pop-up that says ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY If I click OK button on the pop up it shows a window with tabs General Advanced Driver Details Resources - In the general category its says quot This device is working properly quot and the Device usage shows Device enabled i uninstalled both the drivers and the sofware and reverted to the old one but to no success after doin a lot of research i have to come to know a piece of program that tells me that i have wireless adapters probably the duplicates but how do i remove them and make my wireless right

A:Intel PROset/Wireless was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Pls. install

its an intel pro/wireless 2200BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/intel-proset-wireless-was-unable-to-detect-a-supported-wireless-adapter-pls-install-315426.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello!

I will start this off by freely admitting I'm not great with computers and usually don't know what I'm talking about.

I have an Acer Aspire 4720Z laptop.
I recently wiped it clean and installed Windows XP, and have not been able to connect to wireless internet ever since.
I used the Acer website to download the drivers, extracted all the files, etc.

When I open Intel PROSet/Wireless, I get an error message that it is "unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Please install a supported adapter."

Also, Intel PROSet/Wireless does not appear on my Device Manager. (The only things that are listed under "Network adapters" is 1394 Net Adapter and Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet.) I feel like that's probably part of the problem, even if I'm not sure why, haha.

What can I do to get my wireless access back?

Thank you.

Relevancy 76.11%

Dear all I thought I have met adapter the intel PCI-E USB wireless 5300 wireless doesn't Then work. this problem before before my two wireless adapters both stopped working PCI-E INTEL TP-LINK WN N My case is a little different from those I found on this forum When I upgraded my thinkpad x to win bit I don't have quot PCI-E intel 5300 wireless doesn't work. Then the USB wireless adapter Wireless Network Connection quot but I fixed it by stopping one setting of Kaspersky and it came back so when I first found my PCI-E wireless didn't work I thought the same thing happened although I didn't remember the details I tried the Kaspersky don't work I updated the drivers uninstall-install start-stop-start WLAN AutoConfig I have done a lot that can be searched on line never worked for me Tragedy happened I adjusted several common options on BIOS then after several tries I made to make work USB wireless died Don't know how to recover it and back to my laptop again Could anyone here help me out Really appreciate it I have spent two days on this stuff if no one can do this I guess the only way is to reinstall the OS that's the least thing I want to do Thanks Mic PS Unavailable wireless adapters have all zero Mac addresses also can't be found in control panel

A:PCI-E intel 5300 wireless doesn't work. Then the USB wireless adapter

Problem solved. Thanks anyway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121544-pci-e-intel-5300-wireless-doesnt-work-then-usb-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 75.68%

hi i have had the Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router for a while now and have had a tesco's 2.2mbs connection but i have just upgreaded to a tiscali 8mbs connection, i no i can get the full 8mbs speed through the supplied modem but am just wonederind if the Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router's buitl in modem is fast enogh to get the full 8mps or if it wil run slower. would be great to no i was just wondering

A:Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router WHAT IS ITS MAX INTERNET CONNECTION SPEED

There THe belkin modem/gateway shouldnt limit your speed capabilities. You should be able to find the speed listed inside the modem's status page. To do this..
Click start>run>In run type CMD
In the black window type IPCONFIG and then enter. Note down your default gateway.
Open a browser window and enter the gateway's address into it. Click go
This should take you to your gateways graphical user interface.
Look for a status tab or see if it lists connection speeds on the general page.

Also you can test speeds at different sites. Google search broadband speed test and choose 1 of the millions of sites

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-adsl-modem-with-wireless-g-router-what-is-its-max-internet-connection-speed.509394/
Relevancy 75.68%

I currently have wire networked PC s connected to a wired Netgear DG Router Recently I added a Netgear ME B Access Point to connect to my new IBM Thinkpad T Laptop with Belkin G F F5D7010 Network DG814, ME102, (Speed) Problem. Wireless Connection D PCMCIA card Wireless Network Connection Problem. ME102, DG814, F5D7010 (Speed) installed in it Currently it is without any WEP encryption All systems run XP Pro I can connect to the internet with the setup and it also worked when i tried with Wireless Network Connection Problem. ME102, DG814, F5D7010 (Speed) both and bit wep encryption - but turned it off for testing purposes but when I do connect i am not getting speeds of more than KB s and speeds between networked computers seem to be just as slow I can see both the other PC s in my workgroup computers and can see their shared files but it s just the speed of the whole system is appaling Am I missing something crucial which would explain the speed IP of router IP of wired PC IP of wired PC IP of Access Point IP of Laptop Thankyou for your help in advance Adam nbsp

A:Wireless Network Connection Problem. ME102, DG814, F5D7010 (Speed)

Sorted it.

I bought the access point from france, and so I had to buy a power adapter with a variable voltage setting. These settings were 3v, 4.5v, 6v, 7.5v, and 9v.

4.5v didnt make the access point power up, so i changed it to 6v.

This made it work, but it was at the low speeds that I explained earlier.

I decided to try the french adapter, and used a shaver point plug socket as a makeshift converter.

It works perfectly, and I'm getting a consistant 40kb/s, which is plenty.

Thanks to anyone who researched ths for me, but it's sorted.

Adam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-problem-me102-dg814-f5d7010-speed.451650/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all,

I have a similar problem as below. Please help me.

I have two dell laptops and one desktop. Desktop is connected to router through cable from the router. Both laptops were set up to use the wireless network. I have Netgear MR814 router. Both were working ok. But now, one laptop does not connect to the wireless. It detects the network with good signal strength but when I click connect it pops up the message "Windows unable to detect the selected network. Network may be out of range".
This laptop had a virus, so the data got backed up and the XP operating system got reinstalled by a computer service person. After that it stopped connecting to wireless. It works when I connect it through the cable. Also any other laptop gets connected to wireless network.

Relevancy 74.82%

I am having exactly the same problem with the same machine using a netgear router. If I cable up the pc to the router this works fine. But i want to use it as wireless. It shows as limited connectivity. The network cards say they are working fine. I have my works pc on XP working fine on this wireless network

A:Wireless connection issue.

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.622203/
Relevancy 74.82%

can you please help me with how you solved this problem.Im kind of having the same problem and hve no idea what to do at all.Thanks

A:Wireless connection issue

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.621019/
Relevancy 74.82%

Have a desktop windows xp with a netgear router wgr614 ,its hooked up to a laptop in another room, and it works fine. I have an older desktop with windows 98 Im trying to hook up to my wireless system using a wireless USB WIIG. adapter. I can get the lights on the adapter to shows it receiving signal, but can't get the internet page to come on. What to do? THANKS.DON

Relevancy 74.82%

I receintly switched from Digiweb ethernet connection to Digiweb wireless. The connection is perfect on another laptop in the house, but on my computer it goes on and off, every 5 minutes. It will be off for about 30 seconds, but this means I can't watch videos or play games if they are connected to the internet. It has only happened since switching to wireless, and there was no issues with my connection while it was connected via an ethernet cable.

Model: Dell Latitude D610

If you need any more information I can try and get it to you. I hear the issue is something to do with the drivers, but I don't know which individual ones to download and have had some problems trying so I'll see if anyone would be able to give me a hand. All replies are greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 74.82%

i'm having a problem with my internet connection...

it doesn't connect with my new router... but if i direct the modem to my lan... it does connect.

but i've tried the router in my sister's house... it works good, cables work good also.

my router is an asus rx3041 and my modem is a p660r-d1 zyxel. i was a former tech support for bellsouth, i've done what i've learned but it still doesn't work.

what could be wrong?

help greatly appreciated. thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.643489/
Relevancy 74.82%

sir i have problem with my computer network. i have linksys wireless G broadband router, model wrt54g, sir in network i can share printer and files, but internet connection is not working on client computer. i am using the address through dhcp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.616836/
Relevancy 74.82%

My wife has a laptop that is not connecting wirelessly at home with the similar issues listed above. There are two other pc's in the house that work wirelessly. When her laptop is plugged directly into the router she can get on the internet with no problems. We have a cable internet connection at home.

Here is the twist, when she brings her laptop into work she can connect wirelessy. The router at home is your basic Linksys.

We are using XP Home and Vista. Her laptop is XP Pro

Something happened a while ago and none of our devices could connect to the internet. I reset the settings on the devices and router and we were able to get back on. The laptop we have not been able to resolve though.

Any suggestions you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.740307/
Relevancy 74.82%

My lap top does not see my wireless network. It worked all fine and dandy since I set up a wireless router and then all of a sudden it like disappeared. expired or something. Now the weird part of this is this. I am currently surfing the net, as a matter of fact I am on tech guy right now posting this BUT the icon shows me as NOT connected. That's problem #1. Problem #2 is once I get it connected, it will stay connected for about 10-20 minutes then it will disconnect. SO I will have to repair and I am back online. I am so lost.

Here is a pic of what I see, WHEN I am online

Win xp OS. Laptop is an acer Aspire 3000

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, having similar problem, disabled encryption on router and still can't connect. Next step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.723623/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey I am new to this forum and only really signed up to see if someone can figure this out My router is upstairs and when the computer not a laptop is beside it the wireless recognizes my network Odd Wireless Connection issue and works just fine When I take the computer downstairs to hook it up Odd Wireless Connection issue to my big TV as a monitor I have the wireless doesn't recognize the network and calls it Odd Wireless Connection issue public and won't connect Odd Wireless Connection issue properly the signal strength is fine my PS works normally at about and the compter sees the network just fine so I know it isn't the signal it is something else If you want to see any additional info let me know and I will post it Using windows -bit wireless n card This whole windows is new to me and I have had some puzzles already with this on my network Like having to input a MAC address for a wired connection with MAC Filtering

A:Odd Wireless Connection issue

If you have the laptop in the same room as the TV, but you don't connect it to the TV, do you have any network problems?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/175547-odd-wireless-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I ve had this problem for days and I hope you can help Warning This is a very long post as I have done extensive troubleshooting and I am at my wit s end I bought a brand new Advent laptop with an in-built wireless adapter connection everything, - Wireless tried please help!!! issue The adapter is a quot Marvell Libertas g b Wireless LAN Client Adapter quot I ve had this machine days and I am having major wireless problems I use a D-Link Wireless connection issue - tried everything, please help!!! wireless broadband router which is connected to my cable modem We have laptops on the WLAN mine and one other The first couple of days after buying the laptop were great I installed all the Windows updates installed anti-virus software along with all my bits and pieces all fine Got the laptop connected and authenticated on the router the Internet worked no problem However on the third day the Internet started to get a bit flaky I figured it was our ISP Ntl but it kept on happening a page would freeze or I would get quot Page cannot be displayed quot in the browser It wouldn t last too long at first so I really thought it was random WAN problems with Ntl Anyway it kept happening more and more and on the fourth day I completely lost my Internet connection BUT my laptop was still connected to the router showing a strong signal Asked my partner who is using the other laptop with wireless connectivity whether he had a dodgy Internet connection but he had no problems so I did a ping -t from my laptop to the router and got quot timed out quot Thought it was strange as the Wireless connection manager showed a strong signal and showed connected I watched the ping for a while and it would time out come back up slow down i e the response times would stretch to something like ms which is ridiculous It kept going up and down like that I rebooted my machine same thing I then moved to be closer to the router although I didn t think that was the problem same thing I couldn t decide whether the problem was my laptop or the router but the other laptop on the network still had perfect ping responses of between and ms I checked all the router configuration to make sure there was no conflict mistake or anything else as we have MAC filters and DHCP enabled but everything looked pukka Rebooted the cable modem the router and my laptop to reset the network to see whether that would make any difference and at first I thought it had as my ping responses were nice and quick but after a while the ping got flaky again and I started getting timed out and slow responses Actually it seemed to be getting worse I decided my laptop was the problem so I looked for updated drivers for my wireless adapter but it s odd because there doesn t seem to be any on the Internet I think this adapter was made to work with Windows as an embedded adapter so I couldn t download separate drivers or even a wireless connection manager software for that specific card as I ve experienced problems with certain cards when Windows is managing the connection Crap Really disappointed with that Anyway the wireless got so bad that my laptop could not actually connect to the router after a while It would attempt an automatic connection and nothing no error message but just could not connect although my laptop could see and identify the network so it would keep trying and failing Anyway I re-created the wireless connection on my laptop completely i e removed the wireless network entry under the Windows wireless manager thing and re-set it up from scratch re-entering the SSID WEP key etc Rebooted but same thing could not connect to the router although the network was there The wireless adapter showed no issues under Device Manager I even tried to set the channel to the channel we use for our wireless network on the adapter properties itself which seemed to make no difference even after a reboot By that point it was doing my head in as my partner was still happily browsing the Internet from his wi... Read more

A:Wireless connection issue - tried everything, please help!!!

I think you should test the laptop on another wireless connection or get a wireless usb adapter and test it again. This should tell you if its your laptop or not by the sounds of things its your wireless on your laptop of the other laptop is connected fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue-tried-everything-please-help.506469/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi My laptop got quot configured quot at University and now wireless does not work with IE or firefox Wired connection ok current ipconfig below Tired a heap of fixes none so far work- wireless connection issue any ideas please Windows IP Configuration Host Name NicCoveney-PC Primary wireless connection issue Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network wireless connection issue Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - A- - B-A -B wireless connection issue DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f e c ec ecf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C - - - - - -F - - E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - -F - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc d c b e d b fd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday April PM Lease Expires Tuesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C - - - - - -F - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C -C F - C-A E- B BE AE E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c f fefc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c f fefc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap nd edu au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D A AE -E - F -AA - A C A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:wireless connection issue

From an elevated command prompt try:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80811-wireless-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I am writing here concerning an ongoing issue I ve had with my wireless speed for many months now I m tired of this problem and I m hoping to finally resolve it here I have a laptop and a desktop both running windows x - The problem here is with my desktop My laptop gets great speed when connecting to the internet I ran a speedtest and my download speed is a little over MB s - and I can stream videos and everything from sites like youtube flawlessly My desktop on the other hand get s horrible connection issues with Issue Wireless Connection the Wireless Connection Issue internet My wireless adapter is basically brand new and the whole reason I bought this new adapter was to combat my horrible connection problems in the first place I have just reinstalled the OS on my computer to try and get rid of anything that could have been causing this slowdown only to find out nothing was solved Downloads take forever Wireless Connection Issue and I am unable to even stream a video from youtube After Wireless Connection Issue running a speed test my download speed is around MB s Can anyone please provide me with some assistance to get my PC s internet connection to the same quality as my laptop s By the way my laptop and my desktop are right next to each other so this has nothing to do with distance to the router and so forth Which is about - feet away nbsp

A:Wireless Connection Issue

You may have a faulty adapter,as its new can you exchange it ?
Are you getting good speeds when you connect your DT directly to the router or modem ?

Is it possible for you to hard wire your desktop to you router ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.931122/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a wireless router, with NETGEAR through Dish Network. WPA encryption, its a 2006 MacBook. All the other computers in the house are XP Home. Anything else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.617936/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have been having the same problem as the first person hopefully those of you who are more skilled than I are still available on here Here s the information that I can provide OS- Vista Home Premium laptop I ve been able to connect to my wireless router for about weeks but three days ago issue connection Wireless it decided it wasn t going to let me on anymore I did a reset for the default username and password and tried looking around to see if anything had changed within the settings of the router as if I would have actually noticed anything anyway When I connect via ethernet cable it works fine When I get into network and sharing center it often says quot not responding quot and then explorer restarts I m sure this is a Vista issue So if it matters here is what I do In network and sharing it says quot Wireless networks are available I click to connect and I find my network I highlight the network name and click connect It asks for Wireless connection issue my security key and I enter it and then it connects Symantec says quot connected to a trusted network quot Dialog box says quot connecting to the network is taking longer than usual quot Then it states that I am successfully connected to YHU the name of my access point In Network and Sharing it says that I only have local access to this I ve tried numerous times to switch the location type to quot private quot so I can get internet access but nothing works It states that it is an quot unidentified quot network When I try to connect to the internet it says that there is a problem I try to diagnose the problem and it says quot hit laptop with hammer quot Just kidding It says quot Windows cannot find the host name quot www msn com quot using DNS The domain name server may be down Windows found a problem that cannot be repaired automatically I noticed your advice from the previous post so when I go to command prompt as admin I type in quot ipconfig all quot and I see no primary dns suffix blank no default gateway blank and it says quot media unoperational quot So I ve been trying to deal with this on my own for the past few days and I am getting annoyed Please help Your thoughts I have considered wiping my laptop completely and starting over EDIT By the way I did try to ping my router but nothing was acknowledged as far as I know It says packets sent and lost for wireless but sent and received for ethernet cable Not sure what that means Also when I enter command quot blow up computer quot it says blow is not recognized as an internal or external command Go figure Vista doesn t seem to understand anything nbsp

You really should have started your own thread, but since this one was abandoned 8 months ago I'll offer one response (and then look for your new thread if this is not sufficient). But don't be surprised if a moderator splits this off into its own thread for you.

Sometimes the router's Dhcp client list gets out of date, and sometimes the encryption between router and computer seem to get "out of sync." So try the following.

Disable encryption on the router. Unplug router and shut down all computers. Plug in router and only then boot computer(s). If your wireless connection is successful you should be able to re-enable encryption and reconnect.

If unsuccessful please start a new thread, give a summary of the above, and include ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.672166/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi i have a Windows 7 Hp G42 laptop (although that is not releavent because the issue also happens on windows xp and vista) and when i just close the screen and later if i open it back up and put in my password it says that it cannot connect to the internet it happens mostly when i leave it on over night but also if i just close it go play a game and come back 1-2 hours later if i reset the router (i have a netgear n150 wireless modem/router DGN1000) it works fine. it is not just my laptop as i mentioned before it also happens on 3 other laptops and all different types of laptops also one is 2 is hp 1 is acer and 1 is dell

any help would be welcome but please treat it like you are talking to someone who only know l____l this much about computers past the internet thanks

Make sure you have the latest firmware on the router; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure.

If still a problem make sure you have the latest correct driver for each network adapter (driver from PC manufacturer's web site for an integrated adapter).

If still a problem check the power settings on the adapters and don't allow them to be turned off to save power.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.966317/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, my problem is this, we have several pc's on a home network that have no problem connecting, we move a wireless dongle from 1 desktop to another and have a aquiring network address issue with 1 of the pc's, it has connected at times but is very unreliable, as far as i know all settings are the same on both pc's but the issue is just with 1, im new to wireless so there may be something obvious that im missing, it's a Belkin dongle and less than 6 months old, when i look at the options i can see that when it's not connected the ip add is blank and the ip add is set to dynamic, any suggestions/advice or anyone willing to send me money will be very much appreciated.

Bill
Jus kiddin

Relevancy 74.82%

hey. i've been searching for answers all day and you guys seem pretty reliable, so hopefully you can help me out.

recently my internet dropped out randomly, and ever since then my computer has been unable to connect to my wireless router. i use xp and have not had issues with my internet connection before. my dad's laptop (which i am using now) still connects fine.
my network card is a NETGEAR WG311v3 801.11g Wireless PCI Adapter - according to my device manage. i tried turning the router on and off, resetting the router, turning off my pc, and reinstalling my network card drivers, but nothing seems to be working. i just ran an ipconfig/all and can't see anything that even resembles an ip address amongst the text... i will post it if you guys think its necessary. please help, im stumped

thanks in advance

A:wireless connection issue

Hello srlspeed and welcome to TechGuy.

Could you also give us the make and model of your router and computer.
If possible, could you try connecting your computer to the router by ethernet and see if that will work?

Lot of work, but have you tried uninstalling the PCI card, remove it from the computer, and then do a complete reinstall following the Netgear instructions?

This is the information JohnWill usually asks for from your computer. Would also be helpful if you can post he sae information from your dad,s laptop.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you do not have a network connection save the information from the command window to notepad fie on a flashdrive and use your dad's computer to post it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.841035/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi- It sounds like I'm having the exact same problem. My computer picks up a wireless signal and even says it is "very good" but then under "access" I have only "limited or no connectivity". Please let me know if you figured it out. I'm in Argentina for 2 months and I want my wireless to work!

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I will summarise before giving the history I am connecting to Another Wireless Issue Connection the Internet via WiFi but at very slow non-functional speeds Now the history My WiFi was working fine - purring along quite happily Then my PC s graphics card failed on me a few months ago but was still under warranty so Another Wireless Connection Issue sent back to get replaced They only had an upgrade for the card which is fine but meant a new Motherboard too fine again - same WiFi card There were a few wee glitches I noticed when I got it back but Another Wireless Connection Issue all seemed ok until I tried to connect to the Internet via WiFi - I could connect but the speed was awful Too slow to even load Google homepage So I thought I ll just use my USB WiFi dongle which I use on my laptop - works like a dream - and exactly the same problem which makes me think its not the WiFi card but something wrong with either the OS Windows XP or the motherboard BIOS or something I am not techie - just speculating at this point So at the moment I am using LAN cross-connect cable to the laptop and using the laptop in Bridge mode to access the Internet - not really an issue but I would like to get to the bottom of the issue So in summary again I am connecting to the Internet via WiFi but at very slow non-functional speeds Anyone any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp