Windows Support Forum

problems with cable high speed internet

Q: problems with cable high speed internet

First off i have charter mb service and for the past year i ve been happy with their services and their connection to my modem problems high cable with speed internet Recently though the internet has been acting funny At first my internet would completley shut off being only stuck on send and never got to online untill problems with cable high speed internet around pm The problems with cable high speed internet charter guys came over to my house and checked my internet they said they found a coax cable from the outside that was damages so he replaced it the internet worked fine after that for a good days then it started acting up again So since the guys working at charter said that my connection to their main server was excellent i thought maybe it was my modem i went and i bought a new motorola surgboard sb The internet starting working again but this time the modems lights would reset every min of use If it was idle it didn t do this I called charter again and they said that mayber it was my power supply they suggested connecting it to an outlet by itself or an outlet that does not share power with the computer so i did and it started working better now the modem lights would only reset every hour but still it did this so now im stuck at this point Any suggestions I will be extremely gratful for any help in solving this because this gets really anoying when playing games once again thx for the help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: problems with cable high speed internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 88.15%

I have a Belkin wireless modem/router with 3 computers attached. I have ADSL connection with supposedly 1500mbps speed but I am only getting between 900 to 1200 on a good day I have the ordinary telstra phone cable from the output to my modem at present and wondered if I would be wasting my money getting the Belkin High Speed Internet Modem Cable or similar which from their blurb says it speeds up internet bla bla!

Relevancy 86%

hi im running windows home premium with gb of ram ghz on a presario CQ notebook i have high speed cable internet through roadrunner i have no viruses nothing at all running accept for the services that normallly run on this computer cpu usage is at zero and everything surfing cable with high speed internet slow Solved: runs fine that is untill i start surfing the internet im only getting mbps Solved: slow surfing with high speed cable internet or even lower at times when i should be getting mbps or more i have run multiple different speed tests through road runner and they basically all conclude that my download speed is mbps or lower sometimes reaching as low as mbps alot of times it will start out at mbps and then dramatically drop to almost nill my upload Solved: slow surfing with high speed cable internet however seems normal and never changes at i have another computer thats a dell with gbs of ram and a faster processor and im getting mbps fast does having a faster processesor and more ram make a difference while surfing the net i have an emachine with only gb of ram and windows xp and its faster then this new presario at surfing the net using this same line its really noticeable just flippin through pages or doing searches i can definitly see the lag i have also tried multiple browsers to see if that was the problem including chrome firefox opera still the same no matter what i do help nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

I am using High 'acquiring Internet Cable Address' Permanently For Speed Network a relative s IMB Thinkpad Permanently 'acquiring Network Address' For High Speed Cable Internet with no Permanently 'acquiring Network Address' For High Speed Cable Internet known problems I got high speed cable internet hooked up on July th I was able to connect fine and did a few virus scans startup changes and removed some programs over the next couple of days The internet was still working fine I had limited connectivity the night before last and my ISP said there were some problems in my area Yesterday after using the computer in the morning everything was fine I rebooted and ever since then my computer is permanently acquiring the network address My i p address and subnet mask shows as all s The IBM manufacturer and ISP said it s probably Permanently 'acquiring Network Address' For High Speed Cable Internet my ethernet card but I wanted to get other opinions before looking into another computer or card I am able to connect to the internet now using dial up What are some things I can do to see if it s actually the card or perhaps the settings on my computer I currently have my wireless adapter disabled because my computer would switch to wireless when the regular adapter wouldn t work I do not have wireless set up and haven t ever used it

A:Permanently 'acquiring Network Address' For High Speed Cable Internet

Try the following fixes:Log on as an administrator, go Start > Run and type: "cmd". In the window that appears type: "netsh winsock reset". When the program is finished, you will receive the message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset." Close the command box and reboot your computer.Go Start > Run > type: "cmd" In the window that appears type: "ipconfig /flushdns". Close the command box.Go Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Select the radio button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically". Reboot. Warning: Some Internet Service Providers need specific DNS settings. You need to make sure that you know if such DNS settings are required before you make this change.If that doesn't fix it I would try reinstalling the driver for the ethernet card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158095/permanently-acquiring-network-address-for-high-speed-cable-internet/
Relevancy 78.69%

I m running on Vista I just got Cox High-Speed Internet a few days ago and for some reason all I had to do was install the drivers and plug the comp to the modem and it worked Everything was all fine till today where I tried the internet and it worked then I took a nap I woke up and tried to connect to Xbox Live and it wouldnt work So I tried connecting the internet back to my comp and it still wouldnt work so I clicked on quot disable connection quot and now it just disapeared completely Now I guess this might have all been because I didnt install that Internet High problems...help!! Speed Cox Cox Installation CD yet but while running the CD I click on the quot I Cox High Speed Internet problems...help!! agree quot box and when it tries to go to the tutorial it just shuts down and says there is a problem I cant get any farther then that So basically I cant set up my password and email to open up the new network connection because the CD won t work is it because of Vista or is there another way out of this problem nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi guys I just signed up for this forum because I am having a problem with my internet connection Im not that good with all of the computer terms so please bare with me lol I had been using a router Belkin Wireless G Router to share my internet connection for two computers I dont have a wireless connection the router is just one that can be used to connect wireless I had both computers modems connected with this router Now I have taken one computer away and only have one computer a RCA Model DCM R modem and my Belkin Router Since I dont need the router anymore I unhooked it and have only my modem and computer I cant get online now when back in the day I was able to with this connection with no problems I keep getting a limited or no connectivity message I try to repair the connection but I cant renew my IP Address for some High with Problems Connection Cox Internet Speed my reason So I Problems with my Cox High Speed Internet Connection had to rehook my router to get online to type this I know with this modem and pc I should be able to get on without the router but i cant figure out why Im using Windows XP my PC is a Dell Dimension my modem is a RCA modem Model DCM R my internet connection is Cox High Speed Internet and my router is a Belkin Wireless G Router Can someone please help me figure out why I cant renew my IP Address and get online with the modem and PC Thanks Dan Conner nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Anybody know where i can buy a 50 Ft. High Speed USB 2.0 Cable at...???

A:Where can i get a 50 ft. high Speed USB 2.0 Cable

You can't. About 15 feet is the longest you'll likely find. You'll have to get some form of repeater in there, like a hub or maybe even a string of these would work: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1030304&p_id=2779&seq=1&format=2&style= but I wouldn't trust 3-4 of those in a row.

I'm sure there is a better way for what you are trying to do, perhaps if you told us someone could suggest something better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-get-a-50-ft-high-speed-usb-2-0-cable.71370/
Relevancy 73.96%

We are taking the plunge - and finally switching over from dial-up to high speed cable. My question is where can I find a "free" firewall? I have heard that when you have a high speed connection, you are more susceptible to hackers getting into your computer because you are connected all the time.

What would you suggest and will I notice anything different using my computer. I am running Windows XP-Home on a Dell Laptop - Inspiron 2500.

Thank you.

Cheryl

Relevancy 73.96%

I am confused as to which Firewall is the best (free version). We are switching over to high speed access tomorrow and want to download one. I have heard that Sygate is good and now a friend of ours says he uses ZoneLabs.

Any suggestions?

A:Firewall for HIgh Speed Cable

Both are good. I think Zone Alarm is more user friendly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firewall-for-high-speed-cable.200176/
Relevancy 73.53%

Recently i received a letter from rogers saying that there is a new highspeed modem upgrade. It basically upgrades all express user to the new extreme high-speed internet. Supposedly benefits are the 3.0 to 5.0 mps download and 800kb upload. The cap is still set at 60gb per month but if anyone has already gotten the upgrade have you seen and significant improvements?

A:New Rogers High-Speed Cable modem? Yay or Nay.

I am on Rogers high speed express. The difference between extreme and express is this:

The modem you rent(for free) for express is capped by Rogers at 3.0Mbs,

The SAME modem you BUY(for $100 from Rogers) for Extreme is not capped.

Other than that both modems are exactly the same. Motorola Surfboard SB5100.

Both services cost the same except to get the extreme service you must buy your own modem. NOTE: You do NOT have to buy The Rogers modem. You can buy any DOCSIS compliant modem and connect to the Rogers network.

Also, the extreme is on a different network than express, and it apparently gets bogged down quite a bit (p2p file leechers).

If you want a reliable, but slower connection stay with express, if you want blazing speeds, but are prepared for network bottlenecks especially during the mid-late afternoon, then go for extreme

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-rogers-high-speed-cable-modem-yay-or-nay.357898/
Relevancy 71.81%

I think it is.. I love Zonealarm.. the free one.... I tried to install it on my friend's dad's computer but It keeps zapping and bringing me to the Blue Screen Error Message page.. so I have to restart it manually (pulling the plug) I think it's because it's running another firewall....

I think he has Comcast or something like that.. it's Cable.. I don't think it's great because i think it lets other programs enter.. Zonealarm tells me When a program (even a safe one like firefox) wants to enter my computer.. but I don't want to mess with someone eles's computer without asking you experts first........... It was built into his browser....

??? thank you..........

A:Question.. Is zonealarm better than a built in High Speed Cable firewall?

Uninstall ZoneAlarm and see if the blue screen stops occuring. Is your friend's dad running Vista? If so you can go to Control Panel > Security Centre and see if he has another firewall running. Windows XP's Security Center may also list the firewalls in use too, but I dont remember.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-is-zonealarm-better-than-a-built-in-high-speed-cable-firewall.706122/
Relevancy 70.95%

I recently purchased a Sony Blue Ray Player BDP-S for my parents This is so that they can receive internet and Net Flix on their television When I opened the package for the Blue Ray Player not included was an HDMI cable When my Parents went shopping I asked them to go to the Sony Store and pick up a cable The cable they were told that they needed cost the Player itself only cost The cables are Sony High Speed with Ethernet D world Flat Design ft meter HDMI cable DLC- HE F It was my opinion that this cost was way to high for a HDMI Flat Speed High Cable for Player RAY Sony Blue cable Upon looking for cables on the Flat High Speed HDMI Cable for Sony Blue RAY Player web I found an article saying that as long as the cable met the Standard b that the price should not be any higher then Flat High Speed HDMI Cable for Sony Blue RAY Player I quote from the article here quot HDMI is an ever-evolving standard with new specifications released as and when needed to support new technologies Many people will own HDMI cables which don t support the integrated Ethernet channel or D The latest specification at the time of writing is HDMI b so if you want to future-proof your digital connections as much as possible these are what you should currently be looking to buy Just don t spend more than on an HDMI cable Ever If you do then you ve been robbed quite frankly quot BTW in the article they had this link This means any and all HDMI cables essentially do the same job regardless of cost If the box says an HDMI cable is a then it meets the specifications that all HDMI a cables meet And it doesn t matter whether it costs or even follow the link seriously http www engadget com wireworlds-platinum-starlight-hdmi-cable-is-only- - -better Seriously to be fair the Sony Salesman said that the expensive cables are much firmer connecting don t come loose the wires are soldered and not glued and it is flat wire That the cheaper ones wiggle loose in the store and have to be replaced Therefore the question I am looking to have answered by a TSG expert is which answer is correct Expensive is better or a waste of money Less expensive are not worth the head aches Dear Moderator please excuse me if I have posted to the wrong forum section nbsp

A:Flat High Speed HDMI Cable for Sony Blue RAY Player

Cheap cables work exactly the same over short distances. I've never paid more than $3 for an HDMI cable.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240

Here's Cnet's write-up.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20056502-1/why-all-hdmi-cables-are-the-same/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flat-high-speed-hdmi-cable-for-sony-blue-ray-player.1047617/
Relevancy 69.66%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have wireless internet through my cable provider. My signal strenght varies from 5 to 48 mbps on most days. Why isn't the signal consistent and what causes my internet to get so slow. Is there anything I can do...call my cable provider?

A:High speed internet not so high speed

"call my cable provider?"

No. You are mixing up some terms, but it doesn't sound like this is an ISP problem.

For now I'm going to assume that you have cable internet service and a wireless router. If not, please describe. If so, please post the brand and model of your modem and router (or modem/router combo).

Wireless signal strength is usually given in terms of "n bars out of 5" or "good," "excellent," etc. What is yours, and does it vary? How close is the PC to the router, and what obstructions are in the way?

When your bandwidth varies from 5 to 48mbps it could be an adapter or driver or router problem, but more likely is wireless interference. Are there other wireless networks on your same (or close) channel?

Some people first just try changing channels (in North America the non interfering channels are 1, 6 and 11) without trouble shooting to see if that helps.

If you are having difficulty determining the channels of the networks you detect use NetStumbler for help: www.netstumbler.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-internet-not-so-high-speed.655330/
Relevancy 64.5%

Help please. I do not have high speed available through my phone or cable company however just around the corner, about 1 1/4 miles away, there is a different phone and cable company (windstream) that does have high speed. Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to get service from the windstream telephone poles to my location. Thanks Rod

Relevancy 64.5%

I live 6 months in Florida and 6 months in Wisconsin. I currently use dial up for my internet service. Dial up seems to be getting less and less efficient. I have been exploring high speed. The only options I have in Florida are sattelite and cable. The only options I have in Wisconsin are sattelite and DSL. The most desirable situation would be to use the same Internet Service Provider in both states. That limits me to Sattelite.
In researching Sattelite (i.e. Hughes or Wild Blue), I found a very high percentage of disatisfied users of Sattelite. I'm wondering if anyone out there has any information or experience with the use of high speed Sattelite internet service. Or maybe, I should just stay with dial up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196495/high-speed-internet/
Relevancy 64.5%

I must have been confused for a while I was reviewing the posts and seen the two recommendations from jgweed and brunt. Sorry I missed them. I went to the suggested DSL Report site and tested there. Then took Brunts suggestion. My initial Download Speed was 455 kbps and upload 128 or so. My second after doing the ipconfg was 465 kbps and 130 kbps. It seems alot better. Thanks for your help. By the way brunt I had alot of spare time today. Check out Skeet Shooter.

A:High Speed Internet

I see, your lucky I cant play the games anymore:)... Another hint would be this for your internet

go to run type in command

type ipconfig enter
ipconfig/all enter
ipconfig/release enter
ipconfig/renew enter
exit enter

Somtimes that will speed you up a little! And also changing your workgroup name to somthing else

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/1555/high-speed-internet/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have had a home computer for almost 3 1/2 years & have always had dial-up.
I'm considering upgrading to high-speed internet. Dial-up seems to handle
the downloading of music reasonably well but video is something else. I'm
kind of partial to music videos & would like to be able to see the ones on
YouTube but with dial-up that's not gonna happen.

My cable TV provider is Cox Communications. They offer high-speed internet.
I currently use Earthlink as my internet provider.

Any suggestions/recommendations? Money is not really the #1 priority.
I don't mind paying a few bucks extra every month to get good service.

THX.

A:High-speed Internet

Read the reviews for your area click here.Plenty of reviews to choose from, all the different types of broadband providers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79424/high-speed-internet/
Relevancy 64.5%

I am havign a problem where vista ultimate is not recognizing me high speed ports and Im getting a copy speed of 34kpbs.

Computer Stats:
Windows Vista Ultimate
2gb RAM
Asus P5LD2 Rev. 2.0 mobo
Case / PSU Raidmax Smilodon
Monitor Dell 19" Widscreen
ATI Radeon 2600 HD Pro
Microsoft Intellipoint Mouse
Dell Keyboard
DVD/CD Drive
1 HDD 80gb (Vista on it)
1 HDD 120gb (Old)

Im copying from my 4gb Cruzer Micro on my front USB port to my 80gb HDD.

On another subject, too lazy to make a new thread, it seems that my new monitor, the Dell 19" widescreen, it looks like most of the graphics are pizelated, any ideas.

Just tell me if you need any more information on either of these problems.

A:Vista USB High-Speed problems and Monitor Problems

Hey man i dont know anything about your first query, but with second query, i bought a new 19" moniter for my PC and everything was pixelated and looked like there was gaps in the text and so on, this might sound simple and stupid and you may have already tried it...but I adjusted the screen resolution in properties menu, again you probably have tried that though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-usb-high-speed-problems-and-monitor-problems-258979.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Heres whats up. About 2 weeks ago my cable internet started slowing way down. At first i had it connected to a modem and into a wireless router, but i thought that was the problem so i got rid of the router, but its still ridiculous slow. I mean its taking like 3 hours to download 45 mbs of stuff. Please help me!!! I know nothing about networking so.....

Relevancy 64.07%

hi.i have cable internet in my hom epc.
whn i connect to the internet the message popup on notification aera i s100 mb/s .
but when i download any file from internet the download speed is only 7 kb/s.
and upload speed is also bad.
my college has the same internet conncetioin which i am using but its is having the speed of about 50kb/s .i am not even able to get 50 kb/second .

can anyone help me how to slove it????
thanks to everyone who atleast read this.
thank you

Relevancy 63.64%

I'm looking for a way to get the fastest DSL I can out to my location in the east bay (Pleasanton, CA)

I've been shopping around and it seems thats yahoo/at&t/sbc (Whatever they call themselves now) is the only provider and they can get me a max of 6Mbps, meaning I'll get about 2-3 actual Mbps (They haven't ever filled our quota on bandwidth, seeing as how we have the 3Mbps package right now)

Our house isn't wired for cable so we can't get anything fast like comcast or roadrunner..

I'm hoping someone knows of a company that will be able to get me faster internet because everyone I talk to now days is downloading stuff at 3Megs a second and it just makes me mad that I pay $50 a month for something thats 1/4 of their speed.

Thanks a lot, your input is greatly appriciated.

-Tom Reinke

Relevancy 63.64%

hi guys.. i got a new toshiba laptop a few months ago, and for some reason, my internet is excruciatingly slow.. speed tests show it at 1200kbs, whereas the average on the highspeed cable i have is supposed to be MUCH higher

also i'm pretty sure it's the computer, because even my iphone is running 2500kbs over wifi..

before you ask, windows firewall is off, and i'm using norton's firewall, but the settings seem to be okay (i.e. nothing is blocked). i'm running vista, DC, 2GB RAM..

i'm not sure what the hell is going on here, but you can bet it's frustrating when an iphone works faster than a $1000 laptop.. any other ideas here?? thanks..
[screenshots attached]

A:freakin "high speed" internet

hello

has your laptop always been slow?
what is vista DC?
have you defraged?
have you updated to sp2?
are you wireless? have you tried using a hard wire directly to modem?
what browser do you use?
have you cleaned temp files?

norton is a resource PIG !!
2 gb RAM is on the low end for vista (should be fine for browsing & such)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235159/freakin-high-speed-internet/
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently heard that cable internet is better than dsl when it comes to gaming, so I'm currently looking for a good cable high speed internet provider. I just wanted to know what features I should be looking for to see whether or not my gaming performance will be improved when i play MMORPGs

Relevancy 63.64%

I looked through all of the other forums, and this still seems like the best place to ask my question.

I have cable internet provided through Comcast cable. I usually am able to browse anywhere on the web with absolutely no slow down or chugging, but I've noticed a serious problem today.

I usually have a ping of around 40-50ms, but I've been getting between 950-1000ms today. This is very noticeable, heh.

I haven't done anything different (However, Ad-Aware has found the first 'infections' it has since I purchased the computer a couple of months back) that I can think of.

I will see if cleaning up the infections makes a difference, but I'm not very hopeful. We'll see.

Just some information:

I'm using Vista SP1.
3 GB RAM.
Intel Core 2 Due 1.83 GHz.
I surf the web with Firefox 3.0.

Thanks for any help!

(Image attachment is of speedtest.net results comparisons)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-low-latency-high-speed-264036.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Forgive my ignorance. I have been googling for 3 hours and still can't figure it out. It is this:

Is there a company that provides DSL service under $30/month without contract/fee/tax and I can use my own modem? Right now my monthly bill is $76 (with landline).

If such thing doesn't exist, could someone please consider starting it?

Thanks!

(ps:my ISP is Qwest)

Relevancy 63.64%

Im looking for suggestions about Comcast High Speed Internet cause I feel like buying it. I will be setting my gaming harware up to it so can please tell me if its good or not.

A:Comcast High Speed Internet

Dude,

Comcast is GREAT!!!!

It has a good bandwidth, great speed, and reliability. My friend has Comcast High speed and he has to OC his network card to get the best connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comcast-high-speed-internet.58280/
Relevancy 63.21%

I live in an area that does not have cables so I have to use just regular dial up slow crap. I'd like to get high speed internet but I can't unless I want to pay $70 a month. It's just not worth it. If anyone has any suggestions to getting high speed internet without moving or paying an unreasonable amount. I'm listening.

A:Cheap High Speed Internet By Satelite...is It Possible?

Maybe this will give you some ideas. Just add one good neighbor who is willing to share.http://windsurf.mediaforte.com/wifi/wifi_antenna.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84181/cheap-high-speed-internet-by-sateliteis-it-possible/
Relevancy 63.21%

Comcast High Speed Internet - Spam

Just a quick note on a new spam run that's going on. It's from the same group that used Bank Of America as the lure late last week and Northern Bank on Monday.

Today it's Comcast and it might actually have a higher success rate then the previous run as users always want faster broadband, especially if there's no fee involved. And the page looks really convincing.

Once installed the malware does the same as in the other spam runs - steals data and sends it to Hong Kong.

Full detail ...

Comcast High Speed Internet - F-Secure Weblog : News from the Lab

A:Comcast High Speed Internet - Spam

Thanks Nigel. Unfortunately that will probably get many hits. I've forwarded the link to some friends that have comcast.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/5786-comcast-high-speed-internet-spam.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have Charter high-speed internet with 3 mbps speed. It is connected to a Motorola Surfboard modem. I have been having problems with my internet connection lately. While I am on the internet the connection through the modem will just go out. I have to unscrew the cable on the back of the modem and then screw it back in to get it connected again. Whenever the connection is working it is extremely slow. It takes forever for one webpage to download. I though that maybe it either has to do with the connection to the cable or maybe some sort of malware or something. Anyone have a clue with what I need to do?

A:High-Speed Internet Not Connecting Properly

Charter is cable, correct? Could be a noisy line. Check that all your coax cables and connections are good. Go from your modem as far back as you can. Do you have only one splitter - a good one - in the line between sevice entrance and modem?

If underground service, any obvious wetness around the cable box/line? If pole mounted, any tree limbs blowing against the line?

You could always call your ISP or Motorola for help.

Or see if you can access your modem at 192.168.100.1 with a browser. If success look at the Logs section for clues and the Signal section.

Cable modems internal signals:

Good signals are
Downstream power=-12 to +12db
Upstream power= 30 to 55db
SNR (Signal to noise ratio)= 35db and up
Anything outside these specs (more or less) will give you problems with modem.
More: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/3412

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-internet-not-connecting-properly.494717/
Relevancy 63.21%

K so let's start where my mom Installation High AT&T Speed Help CD Internet Service bought a toshiba laptop and got a free windows upgrade on it Well she didn't care for it so she said I could use it on my dell desktop and so I did and people said it would work fine Well I installed it AT&T High Speed Internet Service Installation CD Help and I'm running on Windows now fine and I use a wireless card to connect AT&T High Speed Internet Service Installation CD Help to my router a Netopia D Reach Card and I have a ATT cd that installs the drivers and stuff and sets it up Well when I put in the CD the autoplay comes up and i hit run and nonthing happens I have also tried opening it in a folder and running as an admin and changing compatibility and when my computer is turning on going to the boot menu and booting the CD Drive and neither work So I think it might either be my drivers cuz i forgot to backup my old drivers or this CD isnt compatible yet Any solutions please P S I'm on my sisters computer incase you AT&T High Speed Internet Service Installation CD Help were wondering how I have internet

A:AT&T High Speed Internet Service Installation CD Help

Try putting the cd in the drive>Place all the wireless drivers in a folder> open the drivers>click on the setup.exe file>properties>run compatibility>check Vista close file, remeber where you put it. Go to device manager locate wireless click on update driver software>browse my computer>let me pick>have disk. Browse find and double click the .inf file> Hit ok>Hit next

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/44563-t-high-speed-internet-service-installation-cd-help.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay so I have this program called Cox High Speed Internet Security Suite and it provides me Cox Security Speed High Internet Suite with Parental Controls Anti-Spyware a Firewall and an Anti-Virus program It has worked moderatly well Cox High Speed Internet Security Suite for the past while but recently my Anti-Virus has failed to update It said if this error persists call customer service I called customer service and they said to go to something quot windows update quot Turns out I was updates behind I did all updates and my computer was working quite well but IT STILL WILL NOT UPDATE Now I am having an array of problems in addition to my anti-virus program not working My biggest problem is most certainly the anti-virus Cox High Speed Internet Security Suite progam not working and I d like to get that fixed before I move on to the millon other problems that that problem may have something to do with Cox High Speed Internet Security Suite I have an unrelated question Is MySpace bad Should I refrain from visting there I have a Windows XP with SP installed I ve read a lot about this HiJack This or something rather and I figure I m going to need to install it if I intend to get any help What is it I m just wondering because this is a shared computer and I ll be having to explain what it is THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU READ THAT EVEN IF YOUR UNABLE TO HELP I ll take any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Comcast High Speed Internet - Spam

Just a quick note on a new spam run that's going on. It's from the same group that used Bank Of America as the lure late last week and Northern Bank on Monday.

Today it's Comcast and it might actually have a higher success rate then the previous run as users always want faster broadband, especially if there's no fee involved. And the page looks really convincing.

Once installed the malware does the same as in the other spam runs - steals data and sends it to Hong Kong.

Full detail ...

Comcast High Speed Internet - F-Secure Weblog : News from the Lab

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/217967-comcast-high-speed-internet-spam.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm not sure I am posting this in the right forum, but I will be in Phoenix, Arizona for 6 weeks this summer. My mother only has dial up access to the internet. Is there any way that I can subscribe to high speed access for a 6-week period? I really don't want to drive to the nearest hotel and sit in their lobby solely for the purpose of accessing their high speed internet.

Thank you for any suggestions.

A:Obtaining high speed internet in Phoenix

try cricket communications they have the monthly highspeed internet i think check it out they should have it in phoenix http://www.mycricket.com/broadband/ its monthly. nevermind that wont work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/obtaining-high-speed-internet-in-phoenix.105760/
Relevancy 63.21%

I don't know if spyware malware is the cause for this but I have tried literally EVERYTHING else Comcast has came out to my house checked the cables installed a brand new cable modem for me I went out and bought the latest and greatest router and still my internet speeds are ridiculous here is a speedtest report in my experience my actual download speed is about - kb sechere is my hijack this log and thank you in advanceLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched Speed High Crawls, Have Internet Am Comcast I And My exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files DataViz DvzIncMsgr exeC Program Files Palm Hotsync exeC WINDOWS system javaw exeC WINDOWS system javaw exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system CfgSrvc exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS system CfgSrvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie My Internet Crawls, And I Am Have Comcast High Speed defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer My Internet Crawls, And I Am Have Comcast High Speed Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by ComcastR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - F D - BF- -A B- CF F - no file O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO NetXfer - B A C-D A- F - DCF-EA F - C Program Files Xi NetXfer NXIEHelper dllO - Toolbar no name - - FC- baf- C C-BCE BD F - no file O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dllO - Toolbar NetXfer - C CBAAC-A C- DB -A DD-CDF CAFCDD A - C Program Files Xi NetXfer NXToolBar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run Java Sabre Server JSERVER C SABRE Apps Portal JServ... Read more

A:My Internet Crawls, And I Am Have Comcast High Speed

Hello chaldo and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I don't see any signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.Internet speeds are dependent on many things. What is the ISP's rated speed? What is the modem's rated speed? What is the router's rated speed? Having a fast modem and fast router do not guarantee that they will work together at full speed. Try taking the router out of the connection and hooking the computer directly to the modem. If there is a measurable speed increase then the router is a bottleneck in the connection. If not, then either the modem or the line can be causing slower performance than what the ISP is stating as the speed. Something else to consider with cable is that the line is shared with all other users on that physical cable. If many people are hooked up on that cable segment and all of them are online at the same time then all users will have a performance hit. It's just the nature of cable.There is a bit of housekeeing that can be done so let's do that while you are here.Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:O2 - BHO: (no name) - {56F1D444-11BF-4879-A12B-79CF0177F038} - (no file)O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - (no file)O16 - DPF: {A7EA8AD2-287F-11D3-B120-006008C39542} (CBSTIEPrint Class) - http://offers.e-centives.com/cif/download/bin/actxcab.cabNow close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.The HijackThis forum deals exclusively with virus and malware issues. HijackThis does not have the capability to analyze performance, hardware or application issues. For networking related issues I would suggest posting to the Networking forumThe techs in that forum specialize in matters pertaining to networking issues. Let them know that you have been to this forum and that no malware was found.When posting to any other forum, do not post a HijackThis log or the post will simply be moved back to this forum for infection analysis. That is what HijackThis is used for and that is what we specialize in here in this forum.Also, when posting in any other forum for assistance, give as much detail as possible regarding any issues that are occurring. The more information they have, the better the techs can analyze the issue and make any recommendations for resolving it.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95594/my-internet-crawls-and-i-am-have-comcast-high-speed/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi

After my computer had a startup loop error, I reinstalled windows, and now i am having a problem with connecting to the internet!

When i go into Network connections, there is only the heading 'Dial up' and 'Broadband' when there used to be a heading of 'LAN and highspeed internet'.

When i try to set up a new connection it only seems to setup dialup!

I have tried ringing my ISP but they said its a problem at my end.

I am guessing here, but it seems to me as though my computer does not detect my internet connection and therefore needs a driver?

The internet is definately connected to the computer properly as all lights are signaled as normal.

Do i need to install something off microsoft to get this working?

I have an XP SP2.

Please help as i work from home on the internet every weekend and i am at work 2moro!!

Thanks x

Relevancy 62.35%

Greetings I have a Sony notebook I bought back in running XP SP which came with MB of memory I ve used it all these years with my crashes internet. Computer high speed with Solved: dial-up connection without any problems and it s been updated at Microsoft Updates Earlier this month I decided to try the wifi at my library and bought a USB adapter for that purpose It worked very well with the high speed connection for a half hour and then it just turned off without warning I turned it back on connected again and after that it turns off after Solved: Computer crashes with high speed internet. minutes as many times as I try it still works great while it lasts I did this several days with the same result I exchanged the USB adapter for another one from a different company with the same result I just upgraded the notebook to GB of memory and it still does the same I went to Sony Updates and downloaded their auto update software and after years all they Solved: Computer crashes with high speed internet. offered for my computer was to get their media player reinstalled I d appreciate any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Laptop is Toshiba Satellite 1115-s103 serial # x2340363k running Windows XP/SP-2.

When plugging in a working high speed internet cable and restarting unit, an icon appears in lower right tray which looks like an internet connection icon with a small yellow ball bouncing back and forth.
However, when browser (either Firefox or Internet Explorer) is pulled up unit cannot find any valid address.
Suggestion was made that SP-2 might be the problem but after deinstalling SP-2 there was no improvement.

Need help - thanks - Paul

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,

This is my first time when I post here, hope I will give u the info u need to help me.

Affected item:

-Nokia E71 (a modern HSDPA-capable 3G UMTS mobile phone) - self-powered, connected via USB

Symptoms:

After having successfully established an Internet connection, any amount of serious downstream load will result in

* stop of downstream TCP/IP
* the connection "hanging" (which materializes in TCP/IP disconnects due to timeouts later on)

If I try only to open pages, not a serious downstream the connection is ok.

Affected system:

* Windows 7 (64bits) Professional
* Asus M50SA
Note:

If I do the same thing on a Windows XP works fine
If I connect via the Standard Modem over Bluetooth link works again fine(in Windows 7)
I have installed the latest drivers for the usb cable, and I have the Windows 7 system upgraded

Please help me.

Relevancy 62.35%

I have two computers One is directly attached to my internet with an ethernet connection I purchased a wireless card for my older computer and have had nothing but problems with the connection There is a connection in the back for dial up as well to High up Older computer Speed Internet Hooking as an unused USB port The wireless card sends to Hooking up Older computer to High Speed Internet a Netgear Wireless modem but continues to lose contact even though the computer is only feet from the modem I WOULD LIKE TO HARD WIRE THE MODEM TO THE COMPUTER BUT HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS The Netgear has a series of ethernet outputs but nothing else and my older computer has no ethernet port My older computer setup is as follows Thanks for any help John Dimension Series Intel Pentium Processor GHz w HT Technology and MB cache Qty - Dimension Series Intel Pentium Processor GHz w HT Technology and MB cache - GB DDR SDRAM at MHz - Dell Quiet Key Keyboard - in in viewable E FPBFlat Panel Display - MB PCI Express x DVI VGA TV-out ATI Radeon X SE - GB NCQ Serial ATA Hard Drive RPM - No Floppy Drive Requested - Dimension Dell Support - Image Restore - Dell Media Experience Basic - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack English - Windows Media Player - H and R Block Tax Software - Dell Owners Manual installed on your system click on icon after system set-up to access - Dell -button Scroll Mouse - Intel Pro Integrated PCI NIC Card - K PCI Data Fax Modem - Adobe Acrobat Reader - X DVD-ROM and X DVD -RW - PowerDVD Software Decoding forDVD Drives - Sound Blaster Live -bit ADVANCED HD Audio dB Dolby Digital KHz - Factory Installed Audio - Dell A Speaker System - NO SECURITY SUBSCRIPTION MCAFEE - Music Match Basic day OnDemand - Paint Shop Photo Album Standard - EARTHLINK TA ISP - Dell My Way Home Page - NETZERO ISP - Broadband Icon for Inspiron - Microsoft Worksuite Including Money With CD and Documentation English Factory Install - Type - Third Party At Home Service x Technical Support Year Extended - Year Limited Warranty - Type - Third Party At Home Service x Technical Support Initial Year - Soft Contracts - Banctec - Technical Support Initial Year - Technical Support Year Extended - Thank you for choosing Dell - Quickbooks Special SimpleStart Edition nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

HI. I'VE HAD MY COMPUTER OVERHAULED A FEW MONTHS AGO. I NOW HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET. MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN WORKING FINE, UNTIL TONIGHT. IT IS GOING ONLINE AND OPENING WEB PAGES SUPER SLOW. I HAVE FULL VIRUS PROTECTION, SO I KNOW IT'S NOT THOSE. I HAVE DELETED ANY LARGE, UNUSED PROGRAMS. WHAT CAN I DO? THANKS.

A:Running Super Slow, Despite High Speed Internet

When you press CTRL+ALT+DEL how much memory usage us your computer using?

How much RAM do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-super-slow-despite-high-speed-internet.630713/
Relevancy 62.35%

About a year and a half ago I installed a gateway wireless broadband router to my fathers computer located in the downstairs living room This computer has cable high speed internet I also connected a gateway usb wireless adapter to my computer located upstairs When I first installed it I had high speed internet You could barely tell it was wireless But these past couple of Slow high wireless speed after previous internet months my internet has been very very slow The connection cuts in and out and sometimes it wont connect at all I have tried almost everything I scanned and cleaned my computer with ad-aware spyware doctor registry mechanic Hijack this bullguard I also Slow wireless internet after previous high speed scanned it with trojan hunter and nothing apeared except under file scan it said Error Directory not found C Documents and settings all users Start Menu Programs Gateway USB-G Wireless After I read that I reinstalled the usb wireless adapter to my computer but still no change with my connection I also dowloaded winsock XP Fix but no change I don't know what to do I cant help but think im infected with a virus since the connection from the downstairs computer is so good If someone can help me please post

A:Slow wireless internet after previous high speed

I would be thinking one of two things,
1-malicious code (spyware, adware, worm,etc)
2-wireless interference.

for problem 1, please DL and run HiJackThis, and post a log int he proper forums.
for problem 2, please read the following,
on another note, why dont you try to plug in your computer directly to the router to see if your connection speeds up a bit. here is the wireless interference bit.....

Going wireless is an exciting milestone. Whether you're in the process of setting up your network or you've already been working happily without wires, you're probably familiar with Public Enemy Number One in the wireless world: interference.
If you've experienced interference, you know how annoying it can be: now you have a signal; now you don't. It's like hide-and-seek.without the fun. But wait! Don't throw your hands (or your laptop) in the air. We'll tell you how to determine what might be affecting your signal, and how to get back to being your old productive self.
What is it?
Think of a time when your favorite radio or television station wouldn't come in due to bad weather. When the storm passed, the signal became clear again. Similarly, because your wireless network relies on radio waves traveling through your home, your signal may waver for a variety of reasons. How will you know if you're experiencing interference in the first place? We'll help you identify and solve potential problems.
Check your signal
Thankfully, the client software that comes with almost all wireless network adapters can help you monitor your network's performance. With most systems, there will be a signal-strength meter in the Windows system tray (usually found in the bottom right corner of your screen).
In addition, the client software itself probably has a more in-depth system for testing signal strength. This feature is commonly called a link test function, although it may be called something else (depending on the manufacturer). Check your manual or the online help system, which usually measures:
Signal strength: Measured in decibels compared to one milliwatt (or dBm), the signal strength is sometimes referred to as signal level. The higher this number is, the better chance you have for a full-speed connection between your access point and your PC.
Noise level: Ideally, you want the noise level (also measured in dBm) to be as low as possible. Cordless phones and microwaves are common culprits for increasing the noise level.
Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR): This is the most telling of the numbers because it compares the strength of the signal with the noise that is interfering. SNR is measured in decibels (dB), and a higher number is good news.
Placing your access point
The location of your access point (AP) is key. With a little planning, you can avoid potential interference and save yourself time, money, and frustration.

Here are some pointers:
Pick a place near the center of your home.
Avoid mounting your AP on the wall. The best place is six or more inches from the wall.
Keep the AP out of the line of sight of microwaves, cordless phones, refrigerators, and other appliances that contain metal.
Your computer can cause interference, so try keeping the AP separate.
Avoid putting the AP low to the ground. Instead, keep it on a table or a shelf.
If your house is large, you may need two access points.
Troubleshooting tips
If your wireless network is all set up and you're experiencing interference, here are some ideas for improving the signal:
Move the access point. See the above section for pointers, and if all else fails, walk around with the AP while someone else monitors your signal strength.
Change channels. If you've got a neighbor with a wireless network, you may be operating on the same channel. You can change the channel in the software that came with your wireless access point.
Move the antenna. Not all antennas have the same range of coverage, so finding the best position is a matter of ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29596/slow-wireless-internet-after-previous-high-speed/
Relevancy 62.35%

My brother for my birthday in July is getting me Comcast High Speed Internet for six months! (It's on sale for $19.99/mo. right now...after the six months...bye bye to it! ) My question...do I need to worry about any concerns with it and Vista? Or doesn't it matter? Also...I have to finish the installation when it is done starting with the CD...is it fairly easy to do? (I have to have a cable and modem installed by the serviceman of course!)

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I Solved: Internet Computer I Cable? Has connection, New Hi-Speed have Slow have been having a major issue with my internet I will try to provide as much information as possible First of all -I have cable internet my ISP is Charter -I have Computers Laptop and Desktop And i have an old desktop computer Tech Specs gt Laptop XPS M customized at www dell com than months old -Its OS is Windows Solved: New Computer Has Slow Internet connection, I have Hi-Speed Cable? Vista Home Premium -Processor Intel Core Duo T GHz -RAM Memory GB - bit operating system - GB of Hardrive space Desktop new Studio XPS MT -Its OS is Windows Vista Home Premium -Processor Intel Core i GHz -RAM Memory GB - bit operating system - TB of Hardrive Space GB Desktop old ell Dimension Solved: New Computer Has Slow Internet connection, I have Hi-Speed Cable? -Its OS is Windows XP -Processor N A i am somewhat unable to use the machine at the moment thus we purchased new computers -RAM Memory MB -less than GB of Hardrive Space Both have McAfee Ok so the problem I am able to connect both the laptop and the desktop new to the internet through my modem and what not However during web browsing online gaming even the simplest of games that only require as little as a dial-up connection downloading and updating When im browsing the web Internet Exploror and Mozilla Firefox say that they cannot display the webpage the typical Task manager reads out a Mbps network speed for quot Local Area Connection It also reads out that the state is quot connected quot Under Control Panel in Network and Sharing center it says im am connected However the connection will randomly disconnect then reconnect On my Local Area Connection Status Network and sharing center gt manage network connections gt I get the following IPv Connectivity Internet IPv Connectivity Limited Media State enabled Duration Varies whenever it las disconnected to the current moment Speed Mbps I ve Tried all sorts of things to fix this I have googled it and found that anything i try comes out to do nothing I have done the following -Run network diagnostics on both the laptop and desktop new -Reset adapter and reset the adapter modem by unplugging the power cord for seconds then plugging it back in -Uninstalled McAfee and got AVG on the desktop -Done a few speed tests probably not correctly because i did not really know what to do with the results I am in a CET I Computer Engineering Technology class in high school and I am a sophmore I havn t asked my teacher about this yet but im going to within the week Thanks for any help or reccomendations that you may provide This is such a mind boggling problem nbsp

A:Solved: New Computer Has Slow Internet connection, I have Hi-Speed Cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-has-slow-internet-connection-i-have-hi-speed-cable.821062/
Relevancy 61.92%

i have recently gone from having 2mbps broadband to nearly 7mbps broadband but the web pages seem to take alot longer to load especially if they are new pages that i have not visited before. i was wondering what the reason for this could be?? i thought that if the internet connection was faster then webpages would load faster too. could it be something to do with IE7 although i had no problems with it when i had the slower connection. any help with this would be welcomed.

A:high speed internet connection slow website loading IE7

have u scanned 4 any viruses/spyware?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/high-speed-internet-connection-slow-website-loading-ie7-138025.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Whenever I am on Internet Explorer and I stop using it for about 7 mins, I will go back to view another page and a box comes up that says

CONNECT WORK OFFLINE

I have a high speed internet connection and I use WinXP Pro. I do have a SMC router connected.

Is there a setting somewhere for IE where I can change the amount of time of inactivity so it stays connected?

I especially find this a problem when I am in a Sun Java chat room. I get booted every 8 mins because IE goes offline........... even though my router says I'm connected?

thanks

A:Why does my high speed internet connection stop after about 7 mins? I get IE notice

Have you tried bypassing the router to see if this problem goes away?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/why-does-my-high-speed-internet-connection-stop-after-about-7-mins-i-get-ie-notice-60914.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a laptop running XP home.I have plugged my new CD burner into the USB port and I am now getting the above message.I may be nuts,but I don't think I was getting this message 2 days ago when I first plugged the device in.
Device manager shows the followingno problems with devices)

USB root hub driver M/S 7/1/2001 V 5.1.2600.0
VIA rev5 or later USB universal host controller VIA technologies with same driver info

USB Mass storage device(cd burner)

Everything seems to be working fine.I am using the on board XP burning software with no problems.
If this is something that I can easily correct,I'd like to.

Have made no hardware or software changes after adding the burner.
Thanks for any info.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi there My computer has been running slow for few months high Computer for despite slow reason speed some having connection running a internet now despite having a high speed internet connection I have tried to fix it by having its set up changed It didn t fix the problem It was working Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason fine but one day it suddenly started running slow At first I thought Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason it must be a problem with the servers of my network provider but that wasn t the case I ve called the cable company Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason to check several times but they said other users were able to use internet in full speed without any problem I noticed the problem by trying to watch videos from various websites and after this problem occurred they started loading super super slowly It has gotten to a point that I can no longer watch TV shows movies and other videos The only video website that works is YouTube and even that doesn t function completely normally Only most YouTube videos work without getting stuck too much Another thing which I must mention is that quite often the internet cuts off in midst of browsing sessions and it doesn t reconnect without restarting the computer My computer is a Dell laptop pc with Intel core i processor I suspect that maybe my LAN card has worn out and it needs to be replaced Although I have been told by some computer technicians to not to do so But they weren t able to give me any solutions So here are my questions Should I get my LAN card changed If I should get my LAN card replaced what model do I need that s compatible with my device And if the problem is not with the LAN card then what is it and what s the solution Please help me out I need this problem fixed immediately I appreciate your help P S I ve attached a photo of the processor s logo just in case This is exactly the logo that s on my laptop nbsp

A:Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-slow-despite-having-a-high-speed-internet-connection-for-some-reason.1144146/
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently, I reinstalled my Netgear wna3100 driver. Ever since then, I've been experiencing problems with high pings in games where I normally never had problems with. Pages load slowly even just the home page of Google.

I've attached my ipconfig picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:High download speed and signal, high ping in games, slow page loads

To Disable Selective Suspend:

open the control panel
go to power options (you may have to set view to small icons)
click change plan settings
in the window that opens:
click change plan settings
click change advanced power settings, expand usb and ensure usb selective suspend is disabled.

I would also (while the device is plugged in)
go into the control panel - system - device manager - click the properties for it and make sure it's set to always on there as well.
I don't think the ipconfig can tell us much here since it's a data rate problem of some sort and not a actual connection problem from the sound of it.

The two things I mention above will hopefully keep your system from putting the device in 'low power mode' which may , or may not help your current problem.

I'm also curious if your system has recently slowed down in any other ways?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217518-high-download-speed-signal-high-ping-games-slow-page-loads.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Back before I re-installed Windows I would get this message whenever I plugged my Ipod in quot hi speed USB device attached to a non hi speed hub quot and synching would take an absolute age The funny thing though is that my PC is high speed USB capable I ignored it for ages until I recently re-installed Windows Voila my problem was solved and when I plugged in my Ipod all was good I got no message and synching was as fast as it should be Until now I just plugged my Android phone in and Windows said it couldn t find drivers hub" speed attached to "High device speed a non USB high for it so I set it to automatically find them which it "High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub" did As soon as it registered my phone I got the dreaded quot hi speed USB device attached to a "High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub" non hi speed hub quot Now when I plug my Ipod in I m getting that message again and synching has gone back to a snails pace I went back and changed the quot Automatically find drivers quot back to the default setting it was on but that has changed nothing What s up here and how do I fix it I m using the same USB port the whole time and my PC is clearly capable of utilizing high speed it just seems that plugging in my phone has done something to screw it all up Any help would be MUCH appreciated as it will save me running off to work in the morning without my new podcasts cause synching is too slow Operating system is Windows bit It doesn t seem to be a hardware problem so I ll hold off on listing all of my specs unless something thinks it s important Thanks nbsp

A:"High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub"

Is this a custom build or a store bought PC? Have you tried updating the Chipset / USB drivers?

If that doesn't work try going to Device Manager and Uninstalling the USB drivers (Windows will automatically Re install)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb-device-attached-to-a-non-high-speed-hub.1018818/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Since I got proper wired ADSL I am having several problems when connecting surfing and downloading from the internet What the causes might be I don t know but I ve listed them below When I click my Firefox icons be that on the desktop or on Rocketdock it can take up to seconds or ? internet icons, speed, connection Persistant problems dwindling internet so to physically open a page I m talking just Persistant internet problems ? internet icons, dwindling speed, connection a page itself not content If I have just turned the computer on then the page loads pretty quick that s a webpage not a physical page However the longer I m on the internet the slower the page load times seem to get This also manifests itself in downloads When the computer is first turned on downloads are working fine however as time goes on most downloads dwindle to nothing or all are not downloading When I click the Internet Explorer icon desktop or Rocketdock it opens on my homepage but if I enter an address the address opens in a new Firefox webpage while the IE page stays on my homepage Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Persistant internet problems – internet icons, dwindling speed, connection

Try doing this procedure and see what you come up with.
Also, please tell us what type of computer you have, specifications, etc.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/persistant-internet-problems-%E2%80%93-internet-icons-dwindling-speed-connection.131906/
Relevancy 55.9%

i tried to plug in my ipod and something pops up that says this: Hi Speed USB plugged into a non high speed port. and it transfers the songs real slow into my ipod. i dont have the driver discs. what should i do.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi All,

I have an Adaptec USB 2 Connect 4000 B in my PC and just realized that two of the ports are not recognized as high speed. I was running off of the windows default driver so I went and updated the driver and after all ports were "optimized" I thought the problem was solved. However, now the computer does not recognize anything that is plugged into the card. I can roll back to the windows default but was curious if anyone has any thoughts as to why only 2 ports would come up as high-speed.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Hi-Speed USB ports not registering as high speed

Some hardware have USB 2.0 and 1.1 backward compability un seperate USB ports. It can also come from the device you connect and also the USB card's speed compared to your PC.

Try rolling back to the Windows default settings. If nothing can be detected still, that can be a presence of hardware defect. Return and exchange.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hi-speed-usb-ports-not-registering-as-high-speed-119828.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there.

I've a canon a480 digital camera and I'm connecting it to an asus m2n mx se motherboard. Both devices are high speed but the camera is recognized as a full speed device.

I'm running windows xp service pack 2. I checked the device manager and the enhanced usb host controller is listed and seems to be working OK.

So...I'm stuck...Any hints will be greatly appreciated!

A:USB high speed working only as full speed.

anyone ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-high-speed-working-only-as-full-speed.869792/
Relevancy 55.9%

hi,

My motherboard has a usb 2.0 in it and when I put my thumbstick into it this ballon comes up saying High speed USB plugged into Slow speed usb hub how can I fix this?

Relevancy 55.9%

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

A:HIGH speed USB hub running at FULL speed.H

Quote: Originally Posted by wr332

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

First question... Are they high speed hubs?
I have an older 4 port Dlink here that's never run 480... looking into the chip on the internal circuit board, it turns out to be a 12mbps chip... you can slow them down, but you can't scare them into running faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/78300-high-speed-usb-hub-running-full-speed-h.html
Relevancy 54.61%

my connection is lost if i open a program that uses internt

and windows requirs to connect again (although iam coonected)

and if i chose cancel the connection is lost

i even checked the "connect automticly" , but it still doing problems

its strange why windows wants me to connect if iam coonected???

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323472/disconnection-problems-in-cable-internet/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, all. Sorry if this isn't in the right place, but I was having a somewhat difficult time choosing which category this problem goes under.

It's not exactly a problem with my computer, but my girl's. You see...she connects via RoadRunner Cable Internet, and connects to the modem (isn't it a router?) with an Ethernet cable. All was fine until her sister connected to the modem, but wirelessly. Ever since, my girl's been getting interruptions in her connection. She'd lose her connection for a minute, then it'd come back--and it would happen often.

Can anyone think of why this happens, and any solutions to this problem? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys I ve been having some major trouble out of my internet and I m considering switching back to my old ISP About two and a half weeks ago I made the switch from DSL to to switching cable Internet from DSL after problems Cable internet Since the switch I ve had nothing but issues Every now and again Internet problems after switching from DSL to cable my internet will drop to quot local only quot and the error messages I m shown are Cannot Connect with Primary DNS Server Problem with Domain Name Server configuration I get these error messages on both a wired connection and wireless connection When the connection drops on wifi every device connected to it can t access the internet until it randomly comes back online It usually takes about a minute or two and then everyone is able to use the internet again I ve contacted my new ISP several times regarding this issue and I ve had no luck At first I found out that I wasn t getting the speed I m paying for I m paying for about - mbps even on a wired connection and this was the same Internet problems after switching from DSL to cable on all the devices in the house We ve switched out the modem and there was still no improvement and finally their tech support was able to send someone out and I was told that there s a problem in my neighborhood After all that was settled and things were repaired my internet speed is up to where it needs to be but I m still dropping to quot local only quot I d also like to note that this issue has only started to happen when I made the switch from DSL to Cable Before this switch everything worked like it should I ve updated the drivers on my wireless and wired devices going as far as to use a USB dongle in hopes that it would fix the issue I ve also updated my router firmware and my modem has been replaced twice now As I ve said earlier as well I ve moved from a wireless to wired connection straight to the modem and the problem is still there I m not sure what else to do guys Please help me x x nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello!

My boyfriend is a graphic artist, he works from home and sends all his work online - so he NEEDS the internet. He has Comcast cable, and the other day he was using it and it suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason. He called the Comcast people to see if they knew what was up, he said to try to repair his IP address, but it just says "cannot repair IP address". So then the guy told him to try exchanging his modem for a new one and see if that does anything. He tried that today - and still nothing! He tried using the USB wire and ethernet wire - neither worked.

Any ideas of what we should do??

Relevancy 54.61%

Today my Internet once again or Modem cable problems, Internet. no stopped working so I unplugged the router and plugged it back in which is the normal fix We have to do this a couple times a day usually This time it didn t work I checked my cable and that wasn t working either We have charter services so I called them and they said we would need a visit from tech support but they can t get out here till next weekend I really don Modem problems, no cable or Internet. t want Modem problems, no cable or Internet. to wait that long We have a Ubee modem and a Dlink router The synch light is blinking on the modem and they ready is completely off The enet light is on and stable I already tried resetting all the equipment and it didn t work Also both my neighbors who are in the rooms next to me both have Internet and cable from the same provider and there s works fine I am on the Internet via cell phone Please help me thank you nbsp

A:Modem problems, no cable or Internet.

Sounds like it is the Modem, but if you can plug a computer into the modem and see if that works?
If that works, does then it is your router. You may need to restart the computer that you plug in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-problems-no-cable-or-internet.1007699/
Relevancy 54.61%

Everything was Cable Problems Having Solved: My Box With Internet going good until i was on aol one day searching through some sites on a search engine and when i went to one my comp started acting weird I got tons of pop ups non stop like or more but i brought up the task manager and it finally stoped But then i closed the task manager and the pop ups started reoccuring so i brought the TM back up and tried to close out of aol but my comp started running slow and eventually froze So i pulled the plug out waited min pluged it back in and turned my comp back on Then all the lights on my cable broadband box came on but then they all went out except the internet light which blinks But the rest stayed out From then on i couldnt get on aol using my cable connection with my broadband box So i tried a dial up connection to see if it worked and it Solved: Having Problems With My Cable Internet Box does but broadband wont The quot internet quot light on my box is Solved: Having Problems With My Cable Internet Box flashing and the quot message quot quot cable activity quot quot cable link quot and quot pc link quot lights are all out I ve already called and talked with my cable service and they said it should be working they cant see any reason why its not and i asked if i had a firewall block Solved: Having Problems With My Cable Internet Box on could that be the problem and they said yes All the problems i ve experience so far is a slow comp my downloads cut off and dont fully download on dial up and i cant connect to aol using broadband I think i might have a win virus someone hi-jacked my connection or i have a blocked firewall somewhere that i didnt turn on Please Help Me nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello. I have been wondering about the speed of my internet for sometime now. I currently have comcast's package that's suppose to be 6Mb/s down. But when i go to download something on the internet it says 700Kb/s to 1.3Mb/s. I then decided to run the speed test on Speedtest.net it says i should be getting upwards of 19Mb/s down and 1.3Mb/s up. I know 19Mb/s down is unrealistic but with our current package i think we should be getting more than 700Kb/s down. If anyone has any input on this i would like hear it.

Thanks

A:Problems with internet speed

Double check your 700Kb/s speed test results to see it is really 700 Kilo-Bits/sec and not 700 Kilo-Bytes/sec.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-internet-speed.898677/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a dual-boot PC with Windows and Windows XP both -bit Over the past month I've noticed my internet slowing down and Problems Speed Internet put it down to the ISP but when I booted into windows recently the internet is significantly faster YouTube videos which might take several minutes to download Internet Speed Problems in XP load in a few seconds Sometimes XP struggles to do a simple google search MSN Messenger is also having some major problems sending anyone messages I Internet Speed Problems get the delivery report error almost every message I send I don't understand how the OS can affect my internet speeds so massively they are both using the same hardware and have a similar number of background processes I've tried the obvious defrag hard drives scanned for viruses in kaspersky AV ad-aware amp spybot But XP is still going painfully slow online I've used Opera Firefox and IE grudgingly in XP and Chrome Firefox and IE in Both systems are running firefox with the same add-ons Thanks Ryan PC Specs Intel Core Quad Q overclocked to GHz Windows x build XP x SP on GB IDE disk ASUS P K-E WiFi AP GB DDR - OCZ RAM ATi Radeon HD

A:Internet Speed Problems

Does your XP system have any firewalls active? Any other web-oriented protection systems?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-speed-problems-347426.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello;

I'm trying to find out if there is something wrong with my network settings. I just upgraded my service with my cable provider. I had been using their 50Mbps service and was getting around 40-45 on all of my devices when I ran speedtest.net.
I just upgraded to a 200Mbps service. When I run the test on my android phone and tablet it gets about 150. I imagine the lack of max speed is due to network traffic, but my W10 desktop and W7 laptop are both only getting about 25Mbps.

Where would be the best place to start troubleshooting?

A:Internet speed problems

It depends on what Gateway you are using and if using WiFi or ethernet. It can depend on the chipset for the laptop and desktop, along with other reasons that you are going to have to post further information on the manufacturer and model of the Gateway, Chipset for the laptop and desktop, if you are using either Wifi or Ethernet.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44200-internet-speed-problems.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everyone I ve been having this problem for a little while now and figured someone here may be able to help me more than my ISP tech support seem to want to I m on national broadband with Virgin Media but am on their unlimited download speed Internet problems package of which the line speed advertised was stated up to MB but know that my line is only capable of up to MB Despite this over the last month or so my internet speed has dropped dramatically to under MB on wireless internet which constantly drops out and only a maximum of MB via ethernet cable directly connected to the Internet speed problems router The weird thing is the max download speed I can get at any time even connected is KB s Wirelessly I cannot even get these speeds of KB s anymore even though I know my speed should be way more When I called Virgin Media tech support regarding this the most I got out of them was to tell me to move my router to connect it to the main test phoneline socket and keep it there for a few days to see if anything improves or changes I unfortunately Internet speed problems find this is a difficult task because my main socket is in the kitchen nowhere near a mains plug where I can plug in Internet speed problems my router without running it down the hallway and also because I m months pregnant and all this lark is a lot of hassle I don t know whether I m going to have to do this test in order to check my line but they said there was nothing they could do without me doing it If the speeds were still rubbish they said that it could well be Virgin Media but if it was just the phone line it s currently plugged into then I would have to pay to have BT out for dodgy cabling I ve never had this problem before recently even though I ve never in my life got the speeds Virgin Media advertise since I ve been with them My router is a Netgear N ADSL wireless modem and I m also running a brand new laptop on Windows If there is any advice anyone can give me other than moving the router or anything anyone can tell me regarding why this might be happening I d be so grateful nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all I'm new here I was hoping you could help me I'm having problems with my internetconnection on my Windows laptop I've bought it new week ago and I've tried both a wireless and a wired connection The wireless connection works but is EXTREMELY slow The cable doesn't work at all windows just says quot unidentified internet problems, Cable & wireless slow/no network quot and quot no internet access quot even though it has Cable & wireless problems, slow/no internet worked for years on my Cable & wireless problems, slow/no internet XP-desktop and Vista-laptop I've tried almost everything on this forum and the internet for both problems unplugging the cable resetting the IPs fiddling with options disabling and enabling IPv updating drivers even though they were the most recent version The wireless problem may be because it's on a really busy channel but I haven't tested that yet First I want my wired connection up and running because it should be more reliable My LAN network card is an atheros ar my wireless a realtek RTL SE I run Windows Home Premium bit Checked for spy adware nothing

A:Cable & wireless problems, slow/no internet

Quote: Originally Posted by Koentinius

Hi all, I'm new here, I was hoping you could help me.

I'm having problems with my internetconnection on my Windows 7 laptop.
I've bought it new 1 week ago, and I've tried both a wireless and a wired connection. The wireless connection works but is EXTREMELY slow. The cable doesn't work at all, windows just says "unidentified network" and "no internet access", even though it has worked for years on my XP-desktop and Vista-laptop.

I've tried almost everything on this forum and the internet for both problems, unplugging the cable, resetting the IPs, fiddling with options, disabling and enabling IPv6, updating drivers even though they were the most recent version.
The wireless problem may be because it's on a really busy channel, but I haven't tested that yet. First I want my wired connection up and running, because it should be more reliable.

My LAN network card is an atheros ar8152, my wireless a realtek RTL8191SE.
I run Windows Home Premium 64bit. Checked for spy/adware, nothing

Can you give us some info about your WAN setup. what is your ISP? whats your rated download speed?, etc.

thanks in advance
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/107368-cable-wireless-problems-slow-no-internet.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I just switched from at amp t dsl to cable internet I have two computers they are networked thanks to the help cable DSL switch Solved: problems internet to from i received here one is a desktop getting internet signal Solved: switch from DSL to cable internet problems through a ahhh forgot what it s called wire--uh ethernet thing the laptop is getting internet wirelessly at first the laptop received the signal from the new router then it quit the desktop never received a signal through the wire With the help of the tech support person at the cable company he determined that the signal was getting through to the modem router but not the computers he suggested i clean up all malware i could and try again I cleaned both computers using SuperAntispyware Now i am able to get the signal wirelessly on the laptop and still able to access data on desktop through the network BUT from the laptop i cannot get the signal from the modem router with the cable internet I temporarily hooked it back up to the dsl router to get internet I am also unable to access data on the laptop from the desktop computer at this time Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the desktop more cleaned up so perhaps it will pick up the signals properly I will also attach my hijackthis log Thank you vey much Linda hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files PremierOpinion pmropn exe C Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v Configuration Utility RtlWake exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP SSDK exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolb... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-switch-from-dsl-to-cable-internet-problems.743632/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey I use a program called uTorrent to download torrents from And I had everything sorted like ports forwared etc and it was all working fine but about a couple of weeks ago ive noticed that the speed of it even with full seeds has been really slow and fails to get above KB s and I should be getting around KB s max I have mb NTL Broadband My friend has the exact same internet provider and package as me but his seems to be working fine hes getting Fixed) Internet Speed This Problems Need (Really full speeds etc We both tryed downloading the same torrent and he got speeds over KB s and I was struggling at KB s So then we decided to check if it was my actual internet so we both downloaded a program Internet Speed Problems (Really Need This Fixed) from Download Com and we both got max speeds of - KB s so its not my actual internet Does anyone know how I can fix this internet problem when using uTorrent or any other torrent client for that matter Im really grateful for all help I receive Thanks nbsp

A:Internet Speed Problems (Really Need This Fixed)

Hey, what can we say, thats what you get when you try to steal stuff on the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-problems-really-need-this-fixed.453566/
Relevancy 53.75%

Alright, im starting to think my driver is out of date but cant find out if it really is.

Whats making me think this is, my computer is custom built and my household has upgraded our internet to a 16mbps connection, and my laptop which is a new dell xps is getting the full 16mbps where my desktop is only getting like 3-5mbps.

the laptop wired and wireless are getting better speeds then my computer and i talked to linksys and comcast.

Comcast blamed my linksys, linksys blamed my ethernet card so idk what to say anymore lol.

here is my current card
Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
running on Windows XP Pro. with Comcast ISP and a linksys wrt54gL v1.1 router.

Thanks,
SlashX

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone New poster so please be kind My wife called me over and showed me that Problems Monitor Internet Speed the computer was hemorrhaging pop ups It seems that they are all from Internet Speed Monitor and there are indeed Internet Speed Monitor Problems some Internet Speed Monitor Problems suspicious processes running I downloaded Internet Speed Monitor Problems and ran HiJackThis and quot fixed quot one item called speedrunner exe that I knew was bad but the pop-ups have not stopped and it seems that speedrunner exe came right back I read about posting HiJackThis logs for others to see so I thought I'd give it a try Let me know if you can help Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Application Data gadcom gadcom exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS arservice exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files OpenCASE OpenCASE Media Agent MediaAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC HP KBD KBD EXEc windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Application Data Microsoft Windows vogjd exeC Program Files GetPack GetPack exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client PCCNTMON EXEC WINDOWS TEMP NQBC EXEC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client CNTAoSMgr exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccnt exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Application Data SpeedRunner SpeedRunner exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search ... Read more

A:Internet Speed Monitor Problems

I'm sorry we couldn't help you sooner but as you can see the forums are extremely busy and our volunteer helpers are at full capacity. I'm subscribed to this topic now and will help you with any malware issues you may have.Since it has been a while since you posted last and changes may have been made to your system please run HijackThis and post a new log in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179602/internet-speed-monitor-problems/
Relevancy 53.75%

I had extreme mbps connection and a few weeks ago the ps became to laggy to play and as of today still cant download shangri la without errors I thought maybe I should upgrade to broadband mbps to fix the issue but it connection speed Internet problems still is the same I called playstation troubleshot everything with them even deleted all my ps friends and reset the machine back to factory defaults so I said screw ps and bought black ops for my it let me download shangri la but lags like hell The cable guy was here today and put Internet connection speed problems all new connections in other than the line down I am in an apartment I have hooked the ethernet cable direct Internet connection speed problems to the modem everything is on a cable and all my cables hvae been checked aswell The speedtest on shaw ca says im getting like mbps - upload mbps the ps on test connection says - upload searched speedtest in its browser it says download mbps upload mbps The connection when its running seems fine but every few minutes there is a lag spike that I notice on the computers aswell I have tried everything I can think of I called Sasktel and am gonna switch to the phone company maybe all new will help and its a dedicated line of mbps The cable guy said his computer tech got him to download a bunch of stuff from a bunch of sites on his laptop from a dos looking screen and he said i was getting mbps all the way Is there a or min speedtest i could find Why would my connection all the sudden start to suck the girlfriends ex is a computer programmer is there any way he could mess with my connection without the cable company finding it lol is there a way to make my ps use more bandwidth So in revision this is everything i tried in somewhat of an order Reset Modem unplug everything let it sit plug back in x went from using wired router to wireless router plugged ethernet cable directly into device went back to wired router call ps do corruption tests and reset network settings get told wait a few days try download again went and got a mbps connection speed with new modem wifi combo SMC Hooked cable directly into modem bypassing splitters Cable technician troubleshot everything and put new connections downstairs and in apartment verified connection speeds tried new psn user account missing more steps but please help i want cable over phone line nbsp

A:Internet connection speed problems

I have tried going into my modem and setting the dmz and port forwarding, and the ps3 did not improve at all, actually all results are slower.

I also bought a Cat 6 ethernet cable .....no change

Phone guys are coming tuesday so i can switch internet service to them if i still have this problem I give up with electronics.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-speed-problems.1010923/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all So let me try to give a brief background that will be relevant to my problem My girlfriend Allie lives in an apartment with her roommate Kelly They each have a computer in their rooms Kelly's PC is hooked up with cable internet and she uses a linksys router to broadcast the signal to Allie's laptop PC which came with internal wireless capabilities Sadly both these girls neglect their computers' health which by default makes me the computer maintenance man I'm by o means an expert but I think I'm a little more advanced than the average user I've spent the past few days cleaning infectons off Kelly's computer with the help of a few generous people on these forums and they have given her computer a clean bill of health She had been experiencing popups computer lag and internet lag Her computer operates fine now Allie's computer however was still experiencing internet slowness Very slowness As in kb s downlad speeds So I atempted to run my arsenal of security programs spybot adaware avast zonealarm hijackthis etc but none of the updates would download SO I brought her laptop to my house which runs a wireless network using the same model linksys router The internet on Allie's laptop works beautifully Internet/download Speed Problems over here with download speeds in the kb s range So I ran my security arsenal and her computer seems to be clean of all malware etc So now I'm to the extent of my personal knowledge What are the other factors Internet/download Speed Problems that could be damaging her internet speeds at her apartment The little network systray icon says she has an excellent connection to Kelly's network Kelly's internet works fine on her computer so I've ruled out cable problems What is Internet/download Speed Problems my next move Can anyone help

A:Internet/download Speed Problems

Hi Dave.There's a lot of factors here.As you found out, a good signal doesn't mean good throughput.Run through the article below. Try the no cost options first.If rearranging or channel changing doesn't help, high gain antennas and\or a wireless repeater will.10 tips for improving your wireless network

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49457/internetdownload-speed-problems/
Relevancy 53.75%

There has been an issue plaguing my internet connection for about two weeks now The problem began when I opened a web browser such as IE or Firefox and it took forever to connect to any website Usually the lower left of the status bar it will say quot Connecting to insert url here quot Instead it states that it is connecting to that url s I P I know that is normal but it is an example of the quot lag quot that it takes to connect since the connecting to IP message is quickly replaced by connecting to url Usually refreshing the page multiple times quot wakes up quot the connection and then it Speed/Connection Internet Problems runs fine until it goes Internet Speed/Connection Problems idle again Another problem is that is randomly disconnects I either have to go through Network Magic which I use to manage my home network or go through the repair connection tool Internet Speed/Connection Problems built into Windows to get it to reconnect As far as my network goes I have an Xbox and a Playstation hard wired into Internet Speed/Connection Problems my router as well as my PC Wirelessly I have a Compaq in another room and a Nintendo Wii The model that I am using is the Westell W It is a Port Wireless Router with a DSL Modem built into it I turned off my firewall antivirus to see if it was blocking any incoming or outgoing ports and the problem persisted I also ran a spyware and antivirus scan and came back with a clean bill of health which even surprised me So the next step I did to diagnose the problem was that I checked the power management settings on the network card and found that it was not set to turn off on idle I then went into my DSL Modem and noticed that the software for the modem was out of date I updated restarted the modem and still had the same problem I also did a hard reset on the modem by unplugging it overnight then reconnecting it in the morning still the problem persisted I then checked the drivers for my network port and searched my motherboard s update page since it is on board LAN and saw my drivers were up to date I started to think it wasn t my PC So I turned it off and started up my Xbox I left Xbox Live on idle and sure enough it disconnected I also bought a Playstation recently tried to perform their registration method while the PC was off and got disconnected as well So I called my ISP Which is Bell South They blamed the problem on my Xbox being too close to my router despite the fact that my Xbox has been next to my router for well over a year and I only had this problem for weeks The tech said he reset my port on their end and claimed the problem was fixed which it wasn t I had a previous problem with noise over my phone lines which Bell South came out to fix The lines seem clear now but I m starting to wonder if the lines may still have a problem in them Of course that problem was supposedly resolved well over months ago and had been running fine until the aforementioned weeks ago So I m here to see if there is anything I may be missing or not thinking of or if the issue is on their end If so what would be the recommended issue to address to them Someone suggested I was having difficulty receiving packets It sounds logical to me but I d like to make sure before I call Bell South up again and not get the issue fixed If you wish here are my system specs Asus A V motherboard AMD Athlon GHz MB PC Dual Channel RAM ATI X XT Graphics Card Maxtor GB RPM running Windows XP Professional SP Maxtor GB RPM for data storage Also to be on the safe side I ran a Hijack This log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS Con... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-connection-problems.526516/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have recently bought a new wireless router and it has slowed down my internet connection on the desktop and any devices connected wirelessly. It is a Cisco Linksys router, model number WRT160N V3. The wireless internet is slow even when the desktop is off and likewise with the desktop. Can anybody help me here?

A:Wireless internet speed problems

Make sure you have the latest firmware upgrade for the router; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure.

From something like Speakeasy what do you get with a connection directly to the modem and what do you get with the same computer connected by ethernet to the router with no other computers connected?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-speed-problems.829532/
Relevancy 53.75%

Every day at random times during the day my internet will slow down from it s usual speedyness to an extremely slow speed This usually happens when my sister is on her laptop but the problem with this is that this has not happened for the two years we have been using this basic internet setup When the internet is slow I get about MB a minute or two compaired to MB in a minute Many websites give me quot Invalid URL quot errors and most pages take for ever to load My sister s laptop however gets super fast speeds no matter what time of day or if I m online or not I have scanned with Avast Norton since removed from my computer since a problem reformating and malawarebytes giving no sign of any virus Other than the slow internet speeds nothing is pointing towards a virus on the system We are using a linksys and a touchstone telephony modem nbsp

A:Internet problems with speed, connections.

Did this start when Norton was removed? You may want to go to their web site and see if they have uninstall helpers that clean up junk left behind by normal uninstallations. Norton is infamous for that (among other things).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problems-with-speed-connections.1041657/
Relevancy 52.89%

Thanks for your input.
I sorted the problem now. Found that the cable was going through 150m of coil that i didnt know about, once i cut it down to below 100m it worked like a treat.

Im so happy

thanks

Dean

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-problems-with-internet-conection-running-through-a-cat5-50m-cable-help.618706/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I have a multiple user home network that has been experiencing some unusual internet behavior. I scanned both the desktop and laptop with HJT and I was wondering if anyone here could give me a hand sorting it out. Cheers.

A:Internet is disconnecting/intermittent problems with speed

Alright so I feel like a huge **** for not searching the forum first. I realize that HJT is not used to determine network issues so if there are any processes on this list that pop out at you as malicious software please let me know, but I will deal with the connection problems in another way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-is-disconnecting-intermittent-problems-with-speed.170474/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello Here s what I have I have a router that provides internet access and connectivity to PC s over lan cables and multiple other stuff over the wireless connection One of those two pc s connected over lan is my desktop computer My desktop computer has lan ports one is connected to the router and it s used for router, internet troubles problems - crossover cable, gateway default accessing the internet or sharing files with computers connected with the router Here s what I want to do I want to use the other lan default gateway troubles - crossover cable, router, internet problems connector on my desktop computer to directly connect my new laptop so that it can be set it up as a render slave I need to connect it directly because it s much faster that way and the router doesn t have more than lan connectors which are both used I tried various ways to set up with straight or crossed cable I got the direct connection working but the problem is that to make it work the default gateway has to be set And if the default gateway is set on desktop connection and laptop connection there is no internet access on the desktop router address desktop connection gt with the router ip mask default gateway dns desktop connection gt for direct connection with the laptop ip mask default gateway dns none Laptop connection gt for direct connection with the desktop ip mask default gateway dns none ----------------------------------------------------------- If I remove the default gateway from the direct connections it says the network is unidentified public and unchangeable Also the desktop or the laptop cannot ping each other desktop connection gt for direct connection with the laptop ip mask default gateway none dns none Laptop connection gt for direct connection with the desktop ip mask default gateway none dns none ----------------------------------------------------------- How can one make the internet and the direct connection work at the same time I don t want to use internet connection sharing or other stuff if not necessary Laptop has Windows x Desktop Computer has Windows x nbsp

A:default gateway troubles - crossover cable, router, internet problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-gateway-troubles-crossover-cable-router-internet-problems.1109510/
Relevancy 52.46%

i ve been having problems with ISM internet speed manager lately and manager). and ISM Thanks. Need speed with (internet Solved: Help. popups problems Having i ve been getting quite a few popups i tried my usual fixes but none seem to work so i need some help I was Solved: Having problems with popups and ISM (internet speed manager). Need Help. Thanks. wondering if someone could help me out Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES Solved: Having problems with popups and ISM (internet speed manager). Need Help. Thanks. EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C PROGRA Solved: Having problems with popups and ISM (internet speed manager). Need Help. Thanks. McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System StkASv K exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http endrick netfirms com mob lan R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfe... Read more

A:Solved: Having problems with popups and ISM (internet speed manager). Need Help. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-having-problems-with-popups-and-ism-internet-speed-manager-need-help-thanks.663601/
Relevancy 52.46%

Our family computer has recently encountered a major malware spyware problem that I cannot fix I downloaded and ran Lavasoft s Ad-Aware free program Several times it froze mid-scan and Problems Trojan Speed Monitor Downloader/Internet would not remove files Now it says it has removed the high-risk problems but the Trojan Downloader/Internet Speed Monitor Problems problems are still there Internet Speed Monitor and Win TrojanDownloader Agent were two of the files found Besides the hundreds of pop-up windows some of which say Internet Speed Monitor my task manager access has been disabled so I cannot shut down computer processes The desktop Trojan Downloader/Internet Speed Monitor Problems wallpaper has been replaced with a blue screen that says quot Warning Spyware threat has been detected on your pc Your computer has several fatal errors due to spyware activity It is strongly recommended to install an antispyware software to close all security vulnerabilities Antispyware helps protect your pc against spyware and other security threats link Update your spyware detection link quot When you change the wallpaper it goes right back to the warning screen There is a yellow warning symbol in the taskbar and when you click it it takes you to a link that tries to get you to buy an antivirus program I read the sticky note and downloaded the HJT program and ran a scan The log should be attached If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it EDITED TO ADD Not sure if you need to know but the computer is a Gateway Pentium GHz running Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hey there guys I appreciate any help you can offer I've been having trouble with my PC as of late and from the looks of multiple virus scanners SVChost exe is infected in some manner and running in multiple instances I'll SVCHost.exe included] on possibly internet, ping infection [Log problems, high Vundo post my log up I won't be back until later today however Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM SVCHost.exe problems, high ping on internet, possibly Vundo infection [Log included] on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS arservice exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Wacom Tablet exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exeC WINDOWS system Wacom Tablet exeC Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXEC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Curse CurseClient exeC Program Files Eraser eraser exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Hamachi hamachi exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice binC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEc windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http lo... Read more

A:SVCHost.exe problems, high ping on internet, possibly Vundo infection [Log included]

Hello! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. In order to see what's going on with your computer I will ask for you to post various logs from the tools that we will use to resolve your issue. Please also share with me any information about how your computer is reacting and behaving each step of the way as we work through this process.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from hereSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the "Run Scan" button.The scan should take just a few minutes.Copy the log that opens up and paste it back here in your next reply.=============The next log will show us any hidden files that are present.Download GMER from here:Unzip it to the desktop.Open the program and click on the Rootkit tab.Make sure all the boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for ?Show All?.Click on Scan.When the scan has run click Copy and paste the results (if any) into this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233426/svchostexe-problems-high-ping-on-internet-possibly-vundo-infection-log-included/
Relevancy 50.74%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi everone,
I have motorola SB5101 cable modem provided by my ISP.i have windows 7 on corei5. My problem is that my modem suddenly stops working after 6.oo in the evening. If i restart the modem, it works for 5 minutes and then again stops working. It doesnt start functioning properly till the time my cousin uses his laptop so i believe there is some kind of parental lock set by him in the modem . please advice what should I do. I am in urgent need of internet as i have an important project to do.
P.S. Please dont advice to take help from my cousin as he is mischievous and plays such pranks so that i get less marks in my class.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi A week ago my computer suddenly could not connect to the internet I was using a cable directly connected to the cable modem Since then I ve tried Added a WiFi router connected to the cable modem Tried using the WiFi card built in to the computer It connects but reports quot limited access quot and there is no connection to the internet and I can t access the router itself Bought a new Ethernet card installed the drivers that came with it I ve tried it connected through the WiFi router s hard ports and directly to the modem Hard resets power cycling off minutes on the modem each time and still no Using ethernet Lost Cable modem, connection Internet. to cable. connection In device manager both Ethernet cards show as quot working normally quot with no errors So does the WiFi card ipconfig shows only quot tunneling quot devices with media disconnected Lost connection to Internet. Using Cable modem, ethernet cable. I ve uninstalled and re-installed the drivers for the on-baord Ethernet the WiFi card and the new Ethernet card After reading some other posts I captured the output from ipconfig and several netsh commands I ve attached them to this post The files starting with netsh are basically the command entered with underscores replacing the spaces from the commands used to generate them I also borrowed another computer It connects both directly through the cable modem and using the Ethernet ports on the router It doesn t have WiFi so I couldn t test that method of access It can also connect to and configure the router but I haven t made any changes The router is a NetGear G N Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Sloan nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I created a thread before about how my devices wouldn't work with my USB, and I have come to the conclusion that my USB ports may not be high speed enabled. I did some research, but I was wondering how to enable them to be high speed...they are currently at 1.1 or something. Also, if I cannot enable them, I need help trying to update my BIOS.

A:High Speed 2.0 USB

If you have USB 1.1 you cannot change them to 2.0 through BIOS or software. You can install a USB 2.0 PCI Adapter like the example below (which is the one I use).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815108012

Easy to install, and can be found at Radioshack and other stores if you don't want to order online.

If you have USB 2.0 but only running at 1.1 you may need to install chipset drivers. What motherboard are you running, or if you don't know, then the model computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-2-0-usb.584085/
Relevancy 50.31%

how do i get high speed usb to work on my computer? i have windows xp with sp2 installed, and the usb ports on my computer say usb 2.0, but when i plug my external hard drive into it says that it is plugged into a non high speed port. i really need to back my stuff up but it just goes too slow. does anyone have any advice?

A:high speed usb

goto device manager

start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

You can identify whether your PC has Hi-Speed USB

Device Manager and click on the Universal Serial Bus section.
There should be an "Enhanced" USB host controller present.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb.554791/