Windows Support Forum

dlink 704p needs reconnecting

Q: dlink 704p needs reconnecting

Be gentle with me, I'm new to the networking side of computers.

I've recently set up my two computers (relatively new DELLs) so I can have internet (ADSL) on both. It works, but every 10-20mins the internet drops out I have to pull the power plug from the router (Dlink DI 704P) and plug it back in again then everything's ok for another few mins.

Any ideas about whats going wrong?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: dlink 704p needs reconnecting

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: dlink 704p needs reconnecting

Sounds like it could be a flakey router.
Relevancy 39.99%

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
My pc was working perfectly for about a year now, but these days it started having problems.
In the past few weeks it started disconnecting from the internet with the message: you don't have a valid
ip configuration. (It was working on the other pc connected to the router with lan, and on the notebook connected through wifi)
A reboot of the pc/router did always solve my problem in these situations.
Yesterday, my internet connection started connecting/reconnecting, and I couldn't solve it in any way, not with
a restart, and not with that network repair tool (idk it's name, I have hungarian windows). When it stayed connected for more then 2 seconds I was even able to load google, youtube, other sites,
I tried some solutions, like disabling the energy saver settings, setting it to 10mb half duplex, etc, but nothing worked, my
internet kept connecting/reconnecting.
Today I started my pc and it works perfectly.. Any ideas on how to solve it? I have the newest lan driver.

My mobo is Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx.

A:Network keeps reconnecting

It appears that you manually configured the IP for at least one system.
DON'T do that - - make sure all systems use DHCP
Relevancy 36.55%

I want to configure my dlink-dir600 router with bsnl wimax but I am unable to do that...
kindly reply with full step by step procedure
Relevancy 27.95%

I recently bought dlink D2750U WIFI ADSL modem/router, for my ADSL internet connection.

But I have now changed my ISP, who provide internet via cable(not telephone line). The ISP guy provides a cable modem(old modem) along with it.

I have connected my PC this way:
Cable modem -> Router -> PC through RJ45. I am able to access internet from my PC, but I am not able to get wifi working on the router. And I am logging onto internet through a dial up connection.
1) Please help in configuring the router to get wifi working.
2) Also, my default gateway seems to be either or blank. So, I am not able to login to the modem unless I remove the modem connection. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Here are a few more details:
Output of ipconfig:

A:Using dlink D2750U Wifi Modem/Router As a Wifi Router

Hey Narain. The D-Link unit you have appears to be a combo unit (modem and wireless router) since it connects straight to the RJ-11 phone line. This unit won't work with an ISP that provides service by way of coax cable. The D-Link will work if you want to use DSL, but you need a cable service compatible modem or combo modem/router if you use cable service.
Relevancy 36.55%

I was having trouble with my wireless router, even when connected by a cable. I was getting the message "DNS server not responding".

I played with the settings and it seems to be working now.

What does "Enable WAN Ping Respond" do?
What does "Enable DNS relay" do?
Should avoid arp attack be enabled? (It seems obvious it should be but by default it was disabled).

A:Dlink router settings

Which model Router do you have. So we all can help you out.
Disconnect the WAN (internet yellow or blue port) first
Power cycle the Router unplug it

Power cycle the modem first wait 30 seconds then connect the power.
Turn on back the Router
Connect the Router to the Modem
It should get IP from your ISP and DNS Servers should be one to two of them listed.
All PCs on your network should be powered cycled or rebooted a this point.

Notice: Your New Router comes with CD use that to setup it up your new router. Leave the defaults active unless you know what your doing and until you get use too your router features.
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all mrs got a toshiba satelite and on wireless and even through ethernet we keep getting message when trying to connect to the internet saying re dialling or re connecting what could be the cause of this . is it something like wireless card faulty or network connections all gone wrong i dont want to fiddle with it till i get some advice please thanks all

A:Toshiba Satellite keeps saying reconnecting/dialling when I try to go online

Could be anything... model, age, setup, operating system... need for a re-installed or upgraded driver, hard drive failing, defective component... defective wireless modem... wireless device that is too close to a wall or other interference...
First, you might try downloading and re-installing the drivers... then try installing another hard drive, if you have one handy... That will be one way to test your current installation...
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a rather old Linksys WUSB11 Wireless-B USB adapter that worked fine with my old D-Link DSL-2640T Wireless G router. However when I changed to D-Link DIR-615 router, problem arises. My USB adapter keeps disconnecting for a few minutes and reconnects to the router. Signal strength was averagely 3 bars that time. It was used on Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

Any idea on why is this happening? Thanks in advance.

A:Wireless USB adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

USB is notorious for being flaky and i would and have always advised against using it, however you could try changing the channel on your router to another number this may fix the issue for you.
Relevancy 36.12%

I flashed my DIR-825 to the new F/W 2.03NA.
Wireless is a little slower, but range is 15 feet further.
Could be due to local conditions.

Per all ports are stealth, not just closed!!

Any one else using it?
If so, what are your experiences?

Thank you in advance for your input.

A:Dlink DIR-825 new Firmware 2.03NA - your thoughts

Firmware tweaks or fixes code commands. So prior to your firmware update how was the wireless?
Relevancy 29.67%

Im running an internet cafe and having problems right now coz i cant figure how to connect both Dlink DI-604 router together. Yes, I have 2 routers with both different internet connections but with the same provider and with this im running my internet cafe with 2 servers. Now, i just want it to run with one server but im having problems with the two routers coz i dont know how to set it up and i just cant discard my other internet connection if i just run it with one router. Because the greatest internet connection here in my province so far is only 1 mbps!!!

I appreciate any kind of help and suggestions... And sorry for my bad english... Thank you very much...
Relevancy 39.56%

Last night I bought Mass Effect on steam This Internet disconnecting/reconnecting morning it was at Well I got annoyed at the slow download speed I was getting in steam so I decided to set the Internet disconnecting/reconnecting bandwidth settings from Mbps to Internet disconnecting/reconnecting because recently I upgraded from a to service to a Mbps service Well it actually worked I started getting download speeds anywhere from kbps to mbps But as soon as these great download speeds started my internet would disappear after anywhere from min to mins I ve never had this problem since I got this router or my new internet with their cable modem And there is no connection even to the modem so I m pretty sure it s not the router And when I normally use the internet my activity light on my modem is blinking but when I turn on my steam download it is solid So I m wondering if it has anything to do with the good download speed I m getting Does the ISP see that I m using a lot of bandwidth and shut me down Edit ok I started steam and as soon as I did the activity light went solid again- I paused the download and it went back to blinking So I went into AvP classic - which just got updated recently for multiplayer and I as soon as I started looking for a mp game to play the activity light went solid again and after playing for a couple mins I got disconnected the scoreboard still showed people but there wasn t anyone but I didn t get actually cut off I was still in game Edit If I use a speed test while it s doing the actual download or upload test the activity light stays solid but as soon as it finishes it goes back to blinking I don t understand it and I don t understand why it would happen now I haven t changed anything else edit yes another edit well this time I disconnected my router- plugged the modem directly to my laptop It did the same exact thing So it s not the router nbsp

A:Internet disconnecting/reconnecting

Check with your internet provider.....some restrict usage during peak times no matter the bandwidth you are paying to use.
Relevancy 39.13%

can anyone help me here pls

In noticed that when i plug my ethernet cord in the LAN ethernet intergrated port my local area connection 2 keeps connecting and disconnecting. It tries to connect for about 12sec then it tries to reconnect for about 5-6sec, and this keeps doing that same process over and over. I have noticed in the back the amber light blinks every 3sec and the green light is solid. Do you think the port is about the fail or can i have any suggestion? I also reset the modem and disconnect the cable and put plug them back in.

A:Lan connection problem disconnection and reconnecting

you say its connection 2 do you have another nic also what is the end result after waiting to connect (limited or no connectivity or media disconnected or what)
Relevancy 35.69%

i forgot the password for my router...if i reset my router can i configure it without the software cd (which i dunno where i put anymore =(...) from the browser straight?

A:Forgot the password for my dlink-615 wireless router

Really don't need to use the CD at all, it's main purpose it to help you get the router going if you never ever done anything like that before. Think of the CD has Mr Virtual Network Tech. Now if you forgot the password, and boy how I stress users to write that down and lock it in box or somewhere safe. Make sure power is to the router, and press the reset button for 30 seconds to 60 seconds. Then unplug the power and do it again with out power press the reset button for 30 seconds to 60 seconds.

Now after all that wait 30 seconds more.. Plugin the power and give it a try now...
Relevancy 35.26%

the date setting on my computer is wrong...but when i try to set it to the correct date, i am unable to connect to my pls...

A:Time settings on Dlink dir615 wireless router

First, make sure the Time service is Auto started
run->cmd->services.msc; pull to the bottom, look for Windows Time.
it should be Startup Type: Automatic

Second; connect the system directly to your modem
(Be sure your firewall is active!)

The system should adjust the time by itself. If it does not, you need to open port 123 for udp any src/dst ip address.

Good time to find your ISP Gateway address while cabled to the modem;
un->cmd /k ipconfig /all
The Gateway Address shown will be that of the ISP; give it a ping while you're here;
ping whatever-address-is-shown.

Now disconnect from the Modem and recable to the router. Verify you get tcp settings updated
run->cmd /k ipconfig /all
Your router assigned ip,gateway, and dns addresses should be shown.

Now ping The Gateway Address again. If this returns
timing info, then one last test;
run->cmd /k nslookup
and you should get back the ip-address of google.

Your browser should now run correctly if nslookup is workin\g.
Relevancy 35.26%

the wireless connections work fine...but when I connect the ethernet cable, the hardwired connection cannot access the internet. am I supposed to tweak any settings to make this work?

A:Hard-wired connection cannot work on Dlink DSL-2640T

We're probably gonna need a bit more info mate, have you checked wether you have an IP set on your Local Area Connection? That's probably the most likely cause, followed by a bad ethernet cable, or a bad network card, or even possibly a dead port on your modem.
Relevancy 35.26%

XP Pro latest version Firefox Bought used reset login to DLink Possible info 108G router? on a used DLink G MIMO router DI- M came with software Started install process from CD said it s Possible to reset login info on used DLink 108G router? installed Then went to setup security Username req d Directions say to use quot admin quot but it tells me it s invalid Also gives an http address to type into the browser address bar but the computer can t find that address For adding a computer to the local network it says there should be an icon in the system tray to click to proceed which there isn t so can t add either my laptop or my desktop to the in-house network That may be because the Security isn t set up The installer does say the internet connection and the router are set up properly and functioning Being used the http address Username amp Password most likely have been changed after the initial setup Have inquired with seller asking for that info but have my doubts believe it to be a re-seller of used items Is it possible to gain access by resetting or finding out the current http username amp password somehow or can the mfg do anything about that For the http address FF is set up to auto detect Appreciate any leads - hate to go thru the hassle of a claim and then buying another amp waiting for delivery No internet in the meantime except for a little time I can sneak at work Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Possible to reset login info on used DLink 108G router?

Well, hallelujah!

I was using that default address and admin and leaving the PW blank,
b ut that's when it was telling me that everything was invalid (as U know,
that of course is the install instructions on the Installer).

Anyway, pushed that reset button for 20 secs, then it worked!

I didn't think, being that info is directly tied with the security,
that it would reset those items, of course never tried it :-/

Easy when you know how!

Now I know how!

I still don't get the D link icon in the startup / system tray (whatever it's called). So no D link config utility. I checked in msconfig and there are
2 D Link Utilities listed and checked for startup - ?? Oh, well, at least
it finally works.

On the router install there's an "Add PC to the system" button which says
to click that D Link startup icon that's supposed to be there to add a PC,
but without the icon, can't proceed any further. Or is that ONLY for desktops (is that what they mean by "PC"?). When I get my desktop card,
that may be the next challenge

Thanks again!
Relevancy 35.69%

Dlink DP300U/A printserver and Samsung ML-1610

Hi guys,

does anybody know if the dlink dp-300u/a printserver is compatible with the samsung ml-1610 printer? i was checking the compatibility list at the product description at dlink's site but there are few printers listed there. I need to buy one of these print servers but i donīt know if it will work with this printer; any help is welcome.

A:Dlink DP300U/A printserver and Samsung 6510

Yes it will work. It depends on the configuration of teh Samsung Mi-1610... which comes in three flavors.
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi all,

I have a router that is only a little whiles away, but it seems that the signal doesn't want to penetrate the walls to my room all that well (low signal).

Aside from buying an amplifier or a range extender or something, what can I do? Router is a Dlink DL-524. Would boosting the transmission power help? Unfortunately, with the dlink firmware it only allows me to choose 25%/50%/75%/100% for power settings, and I have no idea what 100% actually is. Therefore, I guess I could replace the firmware with a third party one, but which one would be the best? Any other suggestions?

A:increase power on Dlink DL-524 router?

Try placing the router in different parts of the room. On the floor or high on a shelf... I don't think the transmission power can be changed that much to really make any difference. If all else fails try another router
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, can someone give me some advice? I have an LG Flatron L1910BA monitor a few years old. worked perfectly fine. connected it to my ancient Toshiba Satellite and enjoyed the big screen display. worked fine. then when i reconnect it back to the original CPU (Korean TG Dreamsys) the display is completey horrid. all the text is absolutley tiny (maybe 2 point font - or less!), the icons are distorted in size but semi-coherent. What can I do? when i go into windows xp safe mode the display is the same. i have the original monitor drivers but i can't read the control panel as the windows that pop up are about 1" x 1" in size. It's really insane. and I don't know what to do or even where to begin. Thanks for any help that you give!

A:display problems after reconnecting LG monitor from notebook to original CPU

There was a driver (or other install software) for the LG Flatron L1910BA that came on disc with the monitor. It is probably downloadable from LG. If not, we have two.
Relevancy 38.7%

I have an XP Laptop that is used to record video for our high school football team. When we are donw using the video on the laptop we store it on a TerraStation 2TB server in the office. It is always on and connected to a hub that the laptop is hooked to when on.

My problem is this.... when the laptop is turned on, the network drive I set up shows "disconnected", and consequently, the application for transferring the video to the server doesn't show the network drive to select... after I click on the network drive in "my computer", the application will then see the network drive.

My question is how to make this automatically connect when the computer boots. I set it up to "reconnect at logon", but it does not without me opening the drive 1st...

Thanks for your help in advance!

A:Networked Drive not Auto reconnecting ay logon

Reconnect at Logon not working

Me, too; I have XP Pro SP2 with automatic updates on 5 systems, and just this one fails: after most reboots, if I launch an application that was last working on a file in the mapped network drive, it comes up "unavailable" or "file not found" unless I visit Windows Explorer first.

I even tried putting batch files with shortcuts "n:\dummy.txt" and "m:\dummy.txt" in my Startup group, to force references to my M: and N: drives, and that isn't even enough!

No domains, just workgroup peer networking here. Like I say, works on all my other systems, has for years, just my latest Gateway Profile 6 acts different.
Relevancy 35.69%

Sorry about my title

One morning I woke up and my wireless network wasn't there.
So I went to my router and the lights were all on, so I power cycled it.
The power light came on and went off and the Wan and 4 LAN lights stayed on.
(With no cables plugged in it still does that.)

I have a D-Link DI-624 (AirPlus Xtreme G Wireless Router)

Need more info? Just ask, I might be able to answer.

A:Help! My dlink router doesn't work anymore.

use a wired connection to verify the router is dead.
while in that mode, access the config page and verify the wifi settings.
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all

I currently have Zyxel 660r 61c ethernet modem, linksys WRT54G and i have set my modem to bridge mode and all the isp username and password are setup in my router.
I would like to put my dlink behind my router but it didn't work as it doesn't support Stun Server

I have no choice to set up my network as below

(bridge mode)Modem ---->(wan) Dlink 1120S (ethernet)---> (internet)Linksys WRT54G (1)--->PC

But it is not working and i have no internet

Please help.

A:Zyxel 660r 61c ethernet modem, Dlink 1120S Voip gateway and linksys WRT54G

Modem to Dlink VoIP gateway (WAN)... Linksys WRT54G to Dlink VoIP gateway (LAN 1)... WRT54G wireless to PC
Relevancy 36.55%

hey quick question how do i go about disabling the router bit and just let it act as an access 524 of disable dlink bit a the to how router point for this particular model basicaly what i how to disable the router bit of a dlink 524 have at home is how to disable the router bit of a dlink 524 a computer connected to dail-up at the moment and so that is the gateway pc one with internet shareing on but will go to broadband very soon when i have approval from the parents and money Anyways when i pluged it in via the usual ethernet port replaceing the old hub it had an ip conflict because of ICS so i set the router to extension and got it working i fiddled how to disable the router bit of a dlink 524 around with some settings there security etc and something relating to static ip logical thinking would be set the ip for the ICS comp rite but doesn t seem to work files and other stuff transfer ok from my laptop and pc but just the net wont seem to work altho i hear from somewhere that this is possible to set just as an access point nothing else but not sure of the method involved Router is Dlink DL- wifi laptop adaptor is dlink something Pc with net sharing stated in profile and sig running winxp home laptop is a Toshiba Satalite mb extra ram old but still works running winMe what a nightmare to network soon to add a P comp fedora or xphome os havent decided yet most likely cabeled to the router s ethernet port due to limited supply thanks N M nbsp

A:how to disable the router bit of a dlink 524

You can't disable routing really, but you don't even need to. Disable the DHCP server on the router so your computers wouldn't get the wrong gateway assigned to them and change the gateway/DNS on any computers with static IP setup.

If there are no clients using your D-Link as a gateway, then it has nothing to route.
Relevancy 35.26%

hello gigs,
I have yahoo DSL service they gave me speedstream 4100 modem and Hooked it to wireless WAN port (D-Link router with 4 ports) and from one of the port it is going to packet8 (VOIP) router. and I wan unable to surf at all, but I was able to make phone calls.
I read at one of the forums " " and change the Ethernet cable from WAN to one of the port, I saw only limited connectivity.

In system event log I see this message.
"The IP address lease for the Network Card with network address 00E07D001893 has been denied by the DHCP server (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message). "

I have solid internet lights.

I like to know if anyone in this forum has successfully setup.
I badly need help...

A:DLink DI-514 limited or no connectivity with speedstream 4100 modem

I was able to fix the problem.
The problem was with router and modem have same DHCP IP.

1. I connected my D-Link DI514 router LAN port to PC VIA cable(wired). Modify the LAN port from --> saved the new settings.
2. Connect the cable from Ethernet port of modem to WAN port on DI-514 router.
2. Then set PPPOE setting username/password.

And you ready to surf.
Relevancy 38.7%

My son was recently given a three year old laotop computer. It was originally connected to a DSL connection and I use a Cable connection. It has a built in wireless 802.11g card and a 10/100 interface. I configured it to connect wirelessly to my wireless router. The connection is established and DHCP assigns it a network address. Every 20-30 seconds it drops the connection and imediately reacqires a new connection. I disabled the wireless card and enabled the 10/100 LAN connection. Same thing. The router makes the connection, asigns a valid IP address, drops it, and imediately reastablishes the connection. The TCP/IP stack looks good. The link speed is right. Could it be conflict with some pre existing software? Maybe the old DSL software ot some instant messaging program. I loaded new antivirus software and ran a complete sucessful scan. Any thoughts what it could be?

A:Laptop Network Connection Dropping and Reconnecting

"Drops the connection" means what?

Do you use any software firewalls? VPN software? Packet sniffers?

Try updating the router firmware..

What is the DHCP lease time on the router?
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi all,

I am new to TechSpot. Actually, I need some help setting up my wireless network at home. currently, I am using Dlink 502T DSL router for internet and trying to connect the Dlink router to Netgear wireless router WGR614 for wirelss internet connection to other PC's. Could anybody please tell me how to connect these routers. I am trying to connect Dlink with netgear but i am unable to configure the same. When i use Dlink router directly with the PC, my internet works fine but when i try to use netgear inbetween Dlink router and a PC, my internet stops working. Please suggest. I want to distribute internet to my other computer thru netgear wireless router. please help...

A:how to configure Dlink ADSL router and Netgear Wireless router for internet distrib

Ndhingra said:

Hi all,

I am new to TechSpot. Actually, I need some help setting up my wireless network at home. currently, I am using Dlink 502T DSL router for internet and trying to connect the Dlink router to Netgear wireless router WGR614 for wirelss internet connection to other PC's. Could anybody please tell me how to connect these routers. I am trying to connect Dlink with netgear but i am unable to configure the same. When i use Dlink router directly with the PC, my internet works fine but when i try to use netgear inbetween Dlink router and a PC, my internet stops working. Please suggest. I want to distribute internet to my other computer thru netgear wireless router. please help...

ndhingra to expand...

The easiest way is to run the CD that should have come with the Router, if you havent got it then you will have to configure it manually.

Full instructions can be found on the netgear website here.

Relevancy 36.55%

Well my main computer quit today It s an MSI K N Delta platinum with an EVGA GEForce GS card Athlon XP CPU It won t POST No video at all I keep getting a long Beep on boot up - I have removed reseated memory sticks reseated the graphics card reset the CMOS by pulling the jumper The manual doesn beep with POST - NO DLINK t describe NO POST - with DLINK beep the DLINK beep code of just long beep The closest it says is long beep followed by short beeps I m not getting short beeps I m getting power but no video at all Basically I need to know if my video card or PSU has failed and what the DLINK error beep is I have a generic W PSU and the system has run for at least years straight - I got some beeps the other day when playing a game but the beeps went away I have a bad feeling the video card quit on me Any ideas I m thinking PSU might not be giving enough juice now that it s old nbsp

A:NO POST - with DLINK beep

Hi Tedster.

Sorry to hear you`re having major problems.

I`m not sure what you mean by a DLINK beep.

My first guess would be either a bad psu/bad mobo.

Disconnect anything not required to boot your system and see what happens.

Regards Howard
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey all.

I have a dlink 624 but am having problems all the time with port forwarding.

So i got this great idea!

What if I just forward say ports 10000 - whatever port i can go up to, and direct it all to my computer on the network.

Problem is I have no clue what to do! Portforward says i cant forward enough ports and dlink is no help

any help would be loved

A:dlink 624, forwarding most ports

what are you trying to do with port forwarding (PF)? Each port is unique to
a particular service running on a particular system, eg: port 80 is the default
for a web server. There are a few applications that use a range of ports,
like 6500-6510, but I.T. pros really dislike them for security reasons.

the normal use of PF is to forward just the specific few required.
so i'll move the question again, what are you trying to achieve?
Relevancy 38.7%

My wireless connection seems to randomly disconnect, and then imediatly reconnect, dont have any frequency interference that i know of, any idea what would cause this?

i have client lease time set to a long time, so its not that.

A:wireless connection randomly disconnecting/reconnecting

I'm having the same exact issue, no idea what could be causing it right now though. I've tried so many things.

First however you could narrow it down: try running a wired connection briefly and see if the connection still gets interrupted.
Relevancy 36.98%

I just installed a DWL G520 (H/W Ver:B3 and F/W Ver:4.20) into my computer after swapping out my old DWL G510. My wireless signal (AP) is a DI 624 (Ver:C and F/W:2.53) and then is repeated by a DWL G800AP(F/W 1.04). I can no longer connect to the network and signal strength is only one bar (ie weak). It has nothing to do with the firewalls on the computers including the windows firewall because even with them all disable it doesn?t work. I swapped out my DWL G510 because it stop working complete last week, wouldn't detect a network at all. Hope you guys can help me out.
Thanks KlP

A:i think it is the dlink dwl g520

cnet review for g510
gone through 2 cards both would not be recognized , were tried on 4 different system/chipsets/OS and not once would the systems recognize the card.​and znet review for G520 may be useful.

Znet also notes
it's compatible only with Windows. If you don't mind its laborious installation, the DWL-G520 is a solid wireless solution for your PC. Otherwise, we suggest an easier-to-install USB wireless adapter.​
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I have router DI- Ver D to the router are connected PCs accessible Dlink DI-604 not and router is connected with DSL modem I HAD this problem on PC everyhing worked ok on the other one sometimes yes and sometimes i could t access to Internet i had to turn off and on the router and then it was ok for few hours days On the router is no firewall no filter as well on the PC s Originally there was firmware Ver so i updated on Ver Afterwards PC which worked before was still working but PC with Dlink DI-604 not accessible problems before couldn t access Internet at all So I went back to Ver but during firmware uploading i got Dlink DI-604 not accessible message that router is not accesible Now one PC work still ok but from other one i can ping other PC but can not ping router and also can not access web interface for configuration I have a feeling like original IP address for router was change Anybody can help Michal nbsp

A:Dlink DI-604 not accessible

See what gateway the PC with operational internet uses. The gateway address is the router address.
Relevancy 36.98%

I had everything working with the router, including newest firmeware updates, until i tried to do MAC filtering. It was taking along time to load so I shut down Internet Explorer and loaded it back up again (internet explorer) and typed and the internet explorer error page came up. At the bottom of that page it said DNS sever couldn't be resolved. Didn't know what to do so I hit the 'reset' bottom on the router to return the DI-624 back to factory defaults and I still can't get access to it by typing The login pop-up screen doesn't appear. what now...?

A:DLink DI-624 problem

try to get a fireware update.
cable your system directly to your HS modem, go to the vendor's site
and download your MODEL and VERSION specific update.

You can then recable to the router and attempt the update
Relevancy 36.12%

I'm setting up a dlink wireless router, for a friend of mine. they have bellsouth so they use pppoe. I can't get the computer to connect through the router at all anything i should look for

A:dlink wirless router issue

USUALLY, the instructions suggest a hardwire connection to configure the
router first. Once it can connect via cable, the wireless card can be configure
in a reasonable manner.
Relevancy 35.26%

edit:: nvm figured it out.

A:Dlink DGL-4100 Gamerslounge router ftp/http problem

Can you share with us please?

What you found might be able to help someone else out.
Relevancy 36.12%

I am attempting to setup my Dlink DCS- Internet camera at work so I can view images from my small business at home The camera connects directly to a Dlink router DI which in turn connects to a Dlink DFE- TX card located in my Pentium IIII machine The Pentium computer is using Windows XP Pro and has Gb or Ram Also I am using a SpeedStream DLS modem to connect to my SBC account the modem is also connected to the router My Internet connection is automatically active soon after the computer View Remote DCS-1000 Dlink and router are turned on According to what the manual says it should be fairly simple to access my camera from the Internet once I follow the below steps I have entered into my Dlink DCS-1000 Remote View browser to access the setup utility for the camera Then I click on Administration and enter the information for a PPPoE connection user Id and password According to what the manual says my Internet camera will get an IP Address from the ISP each time it starts up And yes I did check the field labled Assign Automatically Using My first question is How do I know what the IP address is that is being assigned to this camera When I look at the status tab it still displays the IP address as Also directly below the set of fields asking for the PPPoE information is another set of fields asking for information regarding DNS IP Address My second question is Do I need to fill in this info and if so where do I find this information I will very much appreciate any advice on this topic nbsp
Relevancy 36.55%

Running windows xp sp2
Had this for a while computer goes to uni and back home, came back for the summer and it works ok upon startup connects fine then after some times 10 mins sometimes an hour it will disconnect from the network then refuse to reconnect, stranger still it then half connects according to the device i am not connected to the network any longer but the internet functions fine, until i get a message telling me that i am not connected. then nothing works again. i have tried removing, re installing drivers new and old which makes no diffrerence. My brother also has the same card in his pc and he has no troubles at all.
Relevancy 36.12%

Okay. I'm burnt out- along with everyone else I'm living with. So, I'm just going to provide some facts about our wireless network, and, please, please, please...If you have a similar system and network component configuration/setup- tell me your secret. How the hell did you get your network up and running smoothly- step by step.

1) ISP: SBC Global/Yahoo
2) Router model: DI-514 (802.11b)
3) Adapter models: DWL 122
4) # of computers on network: 4
5) Corresponding OSs for computers:

A) Host- (OS= Me...temporarily. Will soon be switched to XP Professional)
B) Client- (OS= XP Professional)
C) Client- (OS= XP Home)

What wizards must be run- what option boxes must be "checked", etc.

I've called some technical support people for D-Link, and we got nowhere.

A:DLink router and adapter issues

:wave: Hello & Welcom to TechSpot :wave:

I sat up a D-Link wireless router for my father a couple of months ago, and it worked like a charm...

Connected directly to the router with a Cat5 cable, and logged on as "admin" (or whatever they call the administrator account on your version)

Ran the wizard on the router, entered all the info needed for the router to load PPP and connect through the aDSL modem.

Enabled WEP with 64 bit keys (couldn't be bothered to make 128bit keys)...

Changed the channel of which the wireless router should use.

Sat the router to announce itself.

Then it was just a matter of booting up the laptop (XP (pro I think, it's not mine)), let it find the diff WiFi's...
Choose the correct one, enter the WEP key, and you should be set...

At least, that's what I did...

But to clarify your situation a bit... Does the router work (connect you to the inet and the other machines) if you use CAT5 instead of WiFi?

There could also be a problem if the WiFi cards you're using have "special" firmwares to let the exceed the 11mbit limit of 802.11b/g, and it isn't D-Link's version...
(Check for compability problems with D-Link and the manufacturers...)
Relevancy 35.69%

I was asked to install the internet for a relative, and he has no idea where the driver for the modem is. I've googled and yahooed this driver for hours and can't seem to find it. Dlink's support site is a mess, with the driver easily found but can't be downloaded (broken link or something).

If anyone can show me a working link for that driver or better yet, send the driver to my email ([email protected]), I'll be super duper thankful.

NB: it's a dial up modem, and I need the Win 2000 version of it.

A:Need Win 2K driver for dial up modem Dlink DFM 560 EL, pleasee....

Have you tried

There`s a good chance you`ll be able to get it there.

Regards Howard
Relevancy 39.99%

Disconnecting and reconnecting (not the modem.. its the software)

My computer had a virus, and i was tryin to get rid of it.. kind of a long story. I had a process called services.exe from win.ini C:\windows\inet10009\services.exe. It showed up as a 'F1' in hijackthis. But i got rid of that with Win Tasks pro, well i think I did. Now the problem is .. i dton know if its with the whole connection or aim itself, but it keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting. I reinstalled the software and everything. It is still doing the same thing.. is there a way i can find out if its just aim or all my programs?
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, so basicaly my problem is stated in the title, I've tried everything, disabled the auto channel on router and fixed it on 3-7, checked powersaving and checked wifi card to be used at max performance even on battery, i even enabled ECN and congestion control in win7 and used Wi-fi Optimizer and i still couldn't pin point the issue.
According to it the signal is "Excelent" yet when i need it to be stable it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automatically almost with a pace, i can't tell what may be causing this, i also disabled bluetooth.
Edit: I live in the outskirts and I used Xirrus Wi-fi Inspector to see if there are any other connections that could jam or overlap and mine is the only one, so it's not that.

A:Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automaticaly

Have you checked power and heat? If it is dropping under load it could be either one.
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello all I'm currently messing around with an Wireless and disconnecting repeatedly Card reconnecting old desktop computer Windows XP with a view to possibly upgrading the overall system and finding a use for it however I've come across an issue I can't get my head around The computer connects to the internet wirelessly however for some unknown reason it keeps disconnecting then reconnecting sporadically but typically every couple of minutes I'm not sure if this is an issue with the wireless card as other devices mobile phones tablets and laptops have no problems connecting wirelessly and don't disconnect reconnect in this way Wireless Card repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting All the drivers are up to date and having had a quick search round the web no real fix has been provided Just curious to know if this machine or wireless card has seen better days and or if there's something I could do to fix it before purchasing more RAM media card OS system et al Sure I'll probably need to provide more info so just let me know and I'll get it for you as requested Thanks in advance for reading and for any all responses

A:Wireless Card repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting

What XP SP do you have. It is SP3?
What is the make and model of the desktop or MB if a custom build. How much Ram do you currently have installed? Is your XP at SP3? You can check this kb article.
Right click the wireless adapter in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line.
If the desktop is using a Wireless Card you could try a USB wireless adapter like this for your desktop if your computer supports USB 2.0. I would look at replacing the Wireless card first before updating anything else. That would be the cheapest route.
If you plan on upgrading the system you could look at a linux distro like Ubuntu or Linux Mint. Running a Live CD, you may find there is no Wireless problem. You would need 1GB or RAM to run comfortably though.
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi there.  I have a simple 3-computer network setup in my home.  All 3 are XP Pro.  I have the "\All Users\Documents\" folders as the shared, mapped drive folders. Everything works great until I reboot.  They become disconnected.  I fixed it for one computer with a run command, but now I can't find it again on the web for the other two computers.  Anyone know this command?

A:Network drives not reconnecting at startup.

Hi There.!
Try this...
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd.
Type net use x: \\computer name\share name, where x: is the drive letter you want to assign to the shared resource.
Relevancy 35.26%

I am using Dlink u wifi modem until connected Dlink access! pc internet No But 2750u shows morning it was working fine but after some ttime I found that although all the lights especially internet led are green i e connected but none of my android phones are connecting to internet I tries all the apps and browsers but no peace Dlink 2750u shows connected But pc No internet access! I started my laptop to check if it is connecting but Dlink 2750u shows connected But pc No internet access! same problem was existing Internet icon on taskbar showed yellow exclamation triangle on the connected network I decided to use Ethernet cable but nothing changed I even logged in to router webpage and it states that connected to internet sending and receiving packets and DHCP enabled etc I even tried ipconfig all you can see it below ping tracert etc and even contacted ISP to which they asked me to hard reset modem and reconfigure which I had already done Please help me out with this problem as modem is showing connected to internet and ISP is claiming that net is not down but I am not able to connect I tried to ping to ip address gateway DNS server which responded well but request timed out packet loss is being shown when I ping any other ip or domain even So I installed xirrus network inspector software later in the evening to detect problem and it said that external ip is N A I would bring this observation to notice that my DNS server ip address are starting with fe like this DNS Servers fe in ipconfig all log You can see ping txt file or same thing below Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Sony gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sony-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Tunngle Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Tunngle Physical Address -FF- -C - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E-AF- -D - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Eth ernet Controller NDIS Physical Address F -BF- -D -C -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a cf f fc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday October PM Lease Expires Thursday October AM Default Gateway fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - - D-CC-AF- -D - -C DNS Servers fe NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Net work Adapter Physical Address CC-AF- -D - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b b a a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday October PM Lease Expires Thursday October AM Default Gateway fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - - D-CC-AF- -D - -C DNS Servers fe NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled C Users Sony gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Sony gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Sony gt is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Users Sony gt piin piin is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Users Sony gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Req... Read more
Relevancy 38.7%

That's pretty much it, Although I did have an issue with the sound too but I fixed it when I installed VIA Hd Audio, I've never gotten my mic to work however.

I'm using a headset (Turtle Beach X12) The mix definitely does work, I can hear myself talk through my headset.
Relevancy 39.13%

I have read a lot of posts on this but here is my problem I am using Windows nbsp I have a Western Digital My Book World TB NAS nbsp nbsp The drive is mapped correctly Windows Still Drive Mapped (Always) to 7 Not Reconnecting nbsp I have added credentials nbsp through the credentials manager in the Control Panel nbsp The credentials are being remembered after logoff shut-down and re-boot nbsp nbsp If I shut-down and re-boot immediately or perhaps within a hour period the machine will reconnect to the nbsp mapped drive nbsp at logon nbsp However if more than hours elapses between shut-down and re-boot I get the now-very-familiar quot could not nbsp connect to all network drives quot message and nbsp both folders of the NAS are nbsp shown to be disconnected in nbsp Computer nbsp Of course a click on the correct folder will connect nbsp That is a pain and the rest of my family that uses this computer will not remember to do this every time nbsp It becomes quite a mess nbsp if iTunes is loaded with the NAS disconnected since the music library obviously will not load and will then need to be re-selected the next time the program is started nbsp I nbsp do not expect the other family members to be nbsp able to remember each of these steps nbsp Thus does anyone know Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive each and every thing that must be done in Windows to ensure that the mapped network drive will perpetually reconnect at logon nbsp I say quot each and every thing quot because Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive I have found that this is a highly nbsp iterative process nbsp I keep discovering additional steps that need to be taken upon further and further quot research quot nbsp There must be a more intuitive approach Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive

If WD cannot help on it, there is a workaround we can try. You may open Notepad and paste the following commands into Notepad.
net use [driveletter]: /delete net use [driveletter]: \\server\share /user:[username] password /persistent:yes
Please save this Notepad to a location with a name reconnect.bat.
Then, launch Task Scheduler, you may create scheduled task to run this *.bat file. Probably you can set it to run after several hours.
For more information regarding the “net use” command, please refer:
Technet Library - Net useArthur Xie - MSFT
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi Something strange is happening to my surface pro running windows Pro bit At first I was trying to surf on the dropping reconnecting keeps wifi surface manually after pro 3 on net and received something like server connections timed out I then checked on my wifi status by hovering my mouse over the wifi icon at the system tray and it said quot internet access quot This is usually a good sign But still unable to load any external pages on the firefox browser I then had to run the diagnosis over the wifi network and the wifi came back alive By the way by disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi wouldn't fix the internet connection issue after minutes or so the internet was down again I had to run diagnosis over the wifi network and it worked wifi keeps dropping after reconnecting manually on surface pro 3 again After this I tried to check to see if there was any updates that I need wifi keeps dropping after reconnecting manually on surface pro 3 to install I found that it's in the middle of downloading quot upgrade to windows pro version quot This is the latest major upgrade from Microsoft By now I kinda got tired of running diagnosis on the wifi network I got to hook it up with the ethernet wire connection Now I can access the Internet and the windows update started downloading without any interruption But I can't rely on the ethernet cable for the stable internet connection My question is would this wifi dropout issue be caused by this windows update download Or are there any tweaks that you may suggest I should try By the way I have also disabled Hyper-V on this machine Any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers

A:wifi keeps dropping after reconnecting manually on surface pro 3

If it is only with Windows 10 that it is dropping connections, but not in Windows 8.1. You are one of many that Microsoft is not supporting for that unit.

The Surface 3 Pro has had more problems with it, then Windows. Majority of them are power plug adapter problems. It does not surprise me that Microsoft is forcing users to upgrade to their newer model.

A lot of people are going with the Lenovo Yoga, because it has better support and a whole lot cheaper.
Relevancy 38.7%

ok so im sure you have seen this all before its a common issue but a long time ago i have fixed this issue but i forgot how i have already tried all the fixes i could find on the internet i disabled quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on every port i also went to power settings and disabled use selective suspend setting on EVERY POWER PROFILE and i also updated the usb extensible drivers and the intel series intel chipset drivers but everytime i disconnecting drive USB keeps i move reconnecting files 3.0 and when plug my external HDD to my new laptop the first port sometimes just keep connecting and disconnecting instantly and on the second port it connects and stay connected but if i move a big file it will start flickering on and off small files i can move and yes i know about the radiation USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files that devices output and i have moved the drive away from the laptop last step is to disable wifi and try again didnt work ps usb ports work fine

A:USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files

Dell inspiron USB 3.0 Problem - YouTube

i have this problem whenever i connect a usb 3 on a usb 3 port. Is it the same thing?
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi All,

I have Dlink Router DIR-890L. I have set up the security with WPA/WPA2-Personal and saved the changes but the connection stays open and unsecured. All my neighbors are able to connect because it doesn't prompt them for a password. I have upgraded the router to the latest firmware and still the same problem.
Lately I've been using the MAC filter to keep people off my connection but this is impractical when I have guests over. Also disabling broadcasting doesn't allow my phone to reconnect automatically.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!
Relevancy 39.13%

So I have this pretty sweet flash drive GB and USB I used it for a while but it wasn't fast enough so I enabled write caching The downside to write caching is that unplugging the flash drive without ejecting is more dangerous I don't know if this was the problem or even when the problem started but one day my flash drive stopped working A while later it started saying it was unformatted I forgot what I did But today I went to format it After plugging it in the quot You need to format this drive to format it Would you like to do that now quot popped up I closed it then it popped up again And again And again and again and again These windows also interuppted whatever I was doing being thrusted on top of all the other windows Also they happened every single second reconnecting second. disconnecting every Flash and keeps drive On quot Computer quot I could see my flash drive disappearing and reappearing for a Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. brief moment every second System Specs Intel i - M CPU GHz Intel HD Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. Graphics Jealous GB RAM Windows professional service pack TOSHIBA Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. Laptop DXDiag Pastebin com I recently enabled my paging file if that means anything That's all I can remember doing I'm pretty much unable to do anything with the drive because I only have time to type one letter before yet another formatting window pops up Also the drive keeps disconnecting or something so any formats will fail I have used a USB SSD and other flash drive today and they both worked fine

A:Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second.

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
What exact model flash drive sweet is not a specific description

I'd say the error would most like say must initialize caused by not properly removing the device
let windows initialize it you pretty much have no choice as far as I know :/
Relevancy 38.7%

I recently made a new computer and its unplugging my computer and replugging it when I plug in my headphones into the front panel. When I connect the headphones to the motherboard in the back it works fine.
This wasnt an issue before so I suspect its nothing with wrong with hardware unless I am mistaken. What could be the problem?

-thank you

A:Audio jack disconnecting/reconnecting glitch

Sounds like a problem, either with the front panel assembly on the case or the wiring/connection to the motherboard from the front panel. If your case, like many, came with two audio connectors (AC97 and HD Audio), you should be using the HDAudio. However, if it has both and the HDAudio is what you are now using, try the AC97 to see if it makes a difference. The HDAudio has sensing (when a headset is plugged in or out) that the AC97 does not have.

If this is not the issue, please expand on the problem.
Relevancy 39.13%

Oddly, in this "always connected" world, I am trying to do just the opposite. I am trying to create a quick shortcut, or method, to disable both the LAN and WiFi connections on a Windows 7 home premium computer.

Maybe there is some script, batch-file, or registry tweak that can be used. Any one have a way to accomplish this.

A:Disconnecting & Reconnecting Internet via shortcut

go to your network connections, right cllick on adapter, create shortcut
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a Windows Server R domain A user while The device been occurred name in restored. An local reconnecting...The not use. is error has connection already with An error occurred while reconnecting...The local device name is already in use. The connection has not been restored. a laptop running Windows Professional opens some network folders and leaves them open His computer goes to sleep When the computer wakes and he unlocks it the network folders appear empty and the following error dialog is open An error occurred while reconnecting lt drive letter gt to lt file server gt lt share gt Microsoft Windows Network The local device name is already in use This connection has not been restored After clicking OK he has to refresh the network folder for the An error occurred while reconnecting...The local device name is already in use. The connection has not been restored. contents to reappear The shared drives are mapped via Group Policy Preferences nbsp The issue is not limited to that computer I have already tried nbsp this nbsp hotfix linked in nbsp this nbsp question but it did not help I've since uninstalled it I've turned on the Reconnect option on the GPP had it off because I thought it wouldn't matter since GP gets applied frequently No change The problem computer already has NIC power saving turned off from a previous issue
Relevancy 39.56%

hello there, im having a problem, actually its been 2 years now and remain unsolved. my USB port keep reconnecting when connected to phone and other certain flashdisk, every second. but when i plug my portable HDD the reconnecting problem only occur with time periode of an hour or so, not every second.

but i sucesfully narrowing the problem tho, it only occur when plugged to charger (laptop btw) and when Nvidia GPU is enable, when Nvidia disabled and in charging the problem is gone, like never exist.

i think it was driver fault, i've sent this laptop back to service center, but they doesn't found that issue, i know this is my fault for not using windows 8 at the first place (the driver CD only work for win8) but i manage to collect win7 driver from asus website, but the website never update USB driver for win 10 tho.
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi everyone I have a problem with my internet connection First I've tried a PCI Wi-Fi card and a repeater and nothing change My computer have spiking, reconnecting Ethernet is and connection disconnecting a problem with the internet connection When I play games like Counter-Strike I'm spiking and I Ethernet connection is spiking, disconnecting and reconnecting have some rollback every s Here's a picture of my internet connection in the task manager As you can see I'm spiking alot Sometimes my PC disconnect from the router even when it's wired What I tried - Recovery - Flush DNS - Renew IP - Uninstall Install network drivers and adapter - Uninstall Install general drivers And nothing worked except one thing Fix network connection issues - Windows Help Type netsh Ethernet connection is spiking, disconnecting and reconnecting winsock reset and press Enter Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter Type ipconfig release and press Enter Type ipconfig renew and press Enter Type ipconfig flushdns and press Enter It's working for like minutes and then I'm spiking and lagging again I suppose it's a DNS IP problem I need to do it again every time I want to play minutes Anyone have a idea Thanks PS When I'm browsing on chrome I don't see the spike effects only when I play or skype

A:Ethernet connection is spiking, disconnecting and reconnecting

Try, changing your DNS router to and These are the public google DNS routers. I had gaming issues and changing to these DNS fixed my problem, Internet problems with my ISP.
Relevancy 36.55%

D-Link Router: DIR-605L

User Name: grey (admin) by default can't change or type, the field is disabled
Password: Router password (admin)

can't login

Popup message "The page at http://192.168.01 says: Please input the User Name."

Tried different browser

Please help!

A:Username Disable - Dlink

Reset the router to factory defaults and try again.
Relevancy 39.56%

THERE IS NO CORRECT BOARD, SO I SELECT ANYTHING. I have HP ProBook 470 G2.   I find one problem with USB3 ports.  External hard drives disconnecting and reconnecting. They work fine on PC USB3 When I connect the external hard drive to the new laptop throught USB 3.0 port, it gets randomly disconnecting and reconnecting continuously, even when I am not using it. Also happens if I connect to another usb 3.0 port. Also I have observed that If I connect the external hard drive to a USB 2.0 port instead of an USB 3.0 port all work ok, no randomly disconnection and reconnection occurs. It only happens when I connect it to an USB 3.0   Never have such problem on old HP ProBook 4540S laptop.
Relevancy 39.56%

USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting in Win 8.1 x64 on x61t on the slightest movement, but inconsistently. Files are getting corrupted! I've disabled airbag protection. I've disabled power saving options on USB ports. I can't seem to fix this. I've installed every windows update I found mention of on the internet.  Could it be that the motherboard is damaged? Seems unlikely given that I get the same problem with usb ports on both left and right side of the machine.  Do I have to bid old faithful farewell? Many others report this problem on other computers. I also wonder if it's a problem with lenvo's new power management drivers delivered via windows update. 

A:USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting in Win ...

Just to rule out it being a hardware issue, have you tried booting the ThinkPad X61t from a Linux Live USB/ISO disc and seeing if the problem still occurs under that different operating system?
Aryeh Goretsky
Relevancy 39.99%

I keep receiving the following Warning : RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE... Your files will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your File History drive and run a backup.
How do I reconnect The File History and run a backup please.  I am on Windows 8.1

File History is looking for your external drive that you set up for backups. If you no longer have that ext hard drive, open file history and turn it OFF. Open Control Panel and search for Backup to find it.
You need to have an external drive to store File History backups. Meantime, copy your personal files you don't want to lose--music, photos, docs etc to other media like usb thumb drives, cds, dvds or network drives. Remember that backups stored on your internal hard drive defeat the purpose of having backups. Backups are needed when that drive fails.
Relevancy 38.7%

My internet connection constantly disconnects but immediately reconnects in a matter of seconds. It does this this every fifteen minutes or so. Sorry to be a bother, but can anything be done about this issue?

A:Internet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Any way to fix this issue?

Is your internet connection wireless?
Relevancy 36.55%

I am desperate I have looked in some sites and downloaded some differnet drivers for the dwl wireless problem HELP! driver dlink dwl-520+ pci adapter tried to install HELP! dlink dwl-520+ driver problem them but with no results Most of the drivers I HELP! dlink dwl-520+ driver problem downloaded don't come as a exe put as a zip or rar and when I decompress them the only executable is for installing a dlink airplus utility So I install the utility and restart the computer but now the quot wireless bars quot have a black X over them and when I double click it says quot no driver load quot So obviously no driver was installed but there is no other exe Later I try to install the driver through the inf file by going to device manager but when I try to do so a dialog says that the file doesn't provide information about the hardware And after looking for hours I finally find a file that is only exe file to find that when I double click on it winzip comes up it doesn't run so I decompress it and find the same things I found previously in the zip rar files I am desperate as I have installed some drivers and still no results I assume that I have uninstalled them prior to installing a new one I would like to have a link to working dlink dwl driver and a step by step process on how the f to install the driver Any help would be be greatley appreciated
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello my name is Dave First of all regardless of success at fixing my problem thank you for attempting to help As well I was at the keeps wireless and reconnecting? dropping malware virus thread and was going wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting? to do that but and here's the problem my wireless connection won't stay around long enough to download any of the software from the links It starts to download connecting drops and resets and the download freezes up and I get an error message I have a Dell Inspiron with a Windows XP os with the wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting? Service Pack I am using a linksys wireless router My mother's computer in the basement is on the same router and her connection works fine so I know that the problem I am having is with my computer What happens is every few seconds my connection wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting? just drops out and then reconnects As well I keep getting messages like quot There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network quot However I'll click on the network icon and the only connection it shows is the linksys quot Wireless Network Connection quot Everything was working fine until last week I've tried everything I can think of to try but I'm very much NOT a computer person so Around the time this started I downloaded a few things Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars and Fritz Lang's masterpiece M from Utorrent and I've since removed Utorrent from my computer as all this trouble isn't worth a free album and movie If that is indeed what happened Anyhow I'm pulling my hair out trying to resolve this No pulling-out-hair emoticon lol Like I said I'm not a computer person so I can get lost real quick if you start talking in techno speak I am a wonderful poet and have written a few novels so my brain is more geared towards that end of the human condition Again thank you if you can help Now if I can just find a window of opportunity when the connection is on to submit this so it can get through

A:wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting?

Hello giggidygiggidy

"There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network."

This is telling you that you have the same IP address as another machine on your network.

Right click your Network Connection/Properties/General
Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) (Scoll down to find it)
Click Properties.

Make sure both of the following are checked
Obtain an IP address automatically
Obtain DNS server address automatically

Reboot and Windows should find you another IP address

Relevancy 36.12%

To be able to use the USB port on the router for printing, I have to install
Shareport software found on Dlink's website. I have downloaded and installed
Shareport software version 0.94.
But when this program starts my PC immediately shuts down and reboot. To get out of this loop I have to boot the PC in safe mode and uninstall the shareport software, or restore.
What may cause this problem, and how can I solve it???

A:XP Home edition and Dlink DIR-655 with shareport

See if they have an older version you can try
Relevancy 36.12%

HI I installed the drivers for my dlink usb radio, but when I try to start radiator nothing happens. That is I douible click on radiator icon, the mouse pointer changes to processing icon and then returns to normal, and radiator is not started, does not appear in processes list either. any help on this, would love to have my usb radio working. I am using windows xp with sp3.
Relevancy 39.56%

I have no idea why, it JUST started happening yesterday. And I have downloaded nothing, in fact, I have hardly done anything for this to happen. I realize SP3 has come out, but that should NOT affect my keyboard, since even still it is optional.

Really, it keeps doing it frequently, and even now, truly annoying. my mouse keeps working though. And yes, it IS plugged in, and not being shaken or anything.

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Intel(R) CPU 2.53GHz
2.53 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

Any other info, tell me and I'll probably need advice on how to do it as well... Thank you.

(I also tried googling this first but to no avail, it was unsolved.)

A:Keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

The keyboard is USB, it happens in any slot, it could be the ports. The thing is it only starts disconnecting when I start using it, and the mouse has no problems until the keyboard disconnects for about 3 minutes then reconfigures all the keys to do weird things and my mouse to be put on handicapped mode.

I thought it could be a virus, or malware, but AVG shows nothing, other than a trojan which I deleted, and I am going to do more checks with the programs you say work well for malware(was going to yesterday but the site was down).

Any responses requesting more information, I would be happy to oblige. Thank you for your time.
Relevancy 36.98%

my dlink router will only work with certain sites, while hooked up with my xbox but when im not using the router it works just fine please help i couldnt find anyone else that knew what to do.
Relevancy 39.56%

Dell Dimension hard drive died. Replaced it and used recovery CD. Windows XP Pro is the operating system.

All has gone smoothly until reestablishing to internet. It just beeps.

We have ADSL modem which goes to the two computers via cable. Cables are plugged into bot computers.

Basement computer is working fine on internet. ONly uses LAN - and has a check mark in Automaticly Detect Settings box.

We use CITCOM for our ISP. Help.

A:Puzzled Not reconnecting to internet

First- have you set up a connection with the conection wizard? If not- go to Start>Control Panel>NEtwork and Internet Connections> and then click on "Set up or change your internet connection" Follow the prompts.

If still no connection:

Did the drivers install for the ethernet card? To check go to My Computer and right click on it and choose Manage. Then click on Device Manager. Look at your Network Adapters. If there is a yellow question mark there- then it may be that it did not load the drivers for it.

That is a good start to find out what is happening. Post back with results.

Relevancy 38.27%

This has been happening lately for the past couple weeks. I would randomly disconnect from the game then reconnect after a few seconds to a few minutes. This happens every 30s-1min. I've tried restarting my modem and router and it didnt help. Any fixes?

A:I keep disconnecting and reconnecting to my internet -Windows 7 Home Premium

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Please try to reinstall your network driver.

Does this happen when using the internet browser as well?
Relevancy 39.99%

Since 2 weeks ago, I started disconnecting for over 10 seconds then reconnecting every 5 minutes or so from Skype, and this would only happen from 8 PM to when I go to sleep at around 12 Am. When this happens, I can still surf web pages and use wireless devices. So far I have tried restarting my router/modem, changing my DNS, disabling firewalls/antivirus, and uninstalling/reinstalling my network adapter drivers, but the problem still persists, and it's really making me angry because I practically can't play LoL or use Skype after 8. What do? :C

Also I'm fairly new to this kind of stuff because this is the first time I had this problem so please bear with me if I don't understand some things.

A:Dissconnecting Then Reconnecting

It sounds like a Bandwidth issue during peak evening times.
Try testing your connection speed before and after 8pm, also connect direct to the Modem/ Router with a cable instead of wireless if you can.
Relevancy 37.84%

I after and keyboard drive system hard Several disconnecting reconnecting errors a am having a issue with my father's desktop pc He has an HP Pavilion p f AMD Several hard drive system errors after disconnecting and reconnecting a keyboard Athlon II X GHz Quadcore Processor GB of memory TB SATA HD WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM Anyways this computer has run perfectly the past years we've had it until tonight I have been borrowing the Several hard drive system errors after disconnecting and reconnecting a keyboard keyboard that came along with it wired USB kb at night for my laptop as I spilled coffee on my wireless one and haven't replaced it yet Several times today the Pavilion would quot freeze up quot and the only way I could get it to shut down was by either hitting CTRL-Alt-DLT then unplugging the kb or manually turning the PC off The third time I went to restart it I got an error stating quot Checking file system on C The type of the file system is NTFS volume label is HP One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency quot So I allowed the chkdsk to run and when it got to about complete it started saying things like quot deleting such and such file on label xyz etc quot It did this for about - minutes By the time the OS finally loaded we got multiple error messages that Adobe and several other applications were corrupted I opened up the quot HP ADVISOR HP TOTAL CARE application that comes with the computer and it mentioned several things needed to be fixed and downloaded It got halfway thru that and gave me and error saying quot at HPAssistant Data dsActiveCheckRes load ACResults String filterCategory Boolean include Ignored quot This was in a popup message so I just closed it I was finally able to run quot Startup Repair quot and it told me quot Attempting repairs Repairing disk errors This might take over an hour to complete quot Well about minutes later it said it thought it had solved the problem and asked us to press a key to restart and make sure there were no more issues As soon as we rebooted we got the final error message quot Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in Selected Boot Device and press a key quot Tried to reboot several times after that and now the PC is stuck at the initial screen where it lists quot F -Setup ESC-Boot Menu F -System Recovery F -Diagnostics quot I cannot get the computer past this point now and it will not recognize the keyboard at all Could switching in and out the keyboard several times along with manually shutting down the PC have damaged the main hard drive Every time I re-attached the keyboard to the PC and to my laptop it would have to find and then reinstall new drivers from the web My laptop runs Windows Home Premium -bit Could I have gotten a virus etc from this Any help is GREATLY appreciated and sorry for the novel Aaron

A:Several hard drive system errors after disconnecting and reconnecting a keyboard

also, we tried boot from a restore disk my dad already had and the cd-rom drive doesn't even try to load it
Relevancy 36.55%

My data usage via my ATT dsl link has gone over the limit for the past 2 months.

Perhaps a neighbor is using my connection?

I would like to set a password for my dLink connection. Can someone please explain to me how to do this?

A:[SOLVED] How do I set up a password for dLink?

What model d-link router is it?
Relevancy 38.27%

I apologize if this has already been posted but I couldn't find it It's an odd issue so I wasn't entirely sure how to search Here's the problem - there are to connectivity keep reconnecting and disconnecting have - internet manually issue a lot of quot new quot factors here I recently got a new internet connectivity issue - have to keep manually disconnecting and reconnecting laptop Lenovo ThinkPad with Windows and I'm still in the process of setting it up Now just today we changed internet service providers We have digital cable and I'm connecting via wireless This is what we had before but with a different provider different cable modem and different brand new Apple wireless router When it runs it runs fast However between every seconds and every five minutes approximately the internet stops working It still says quot connected quot but when I run diagnostics it says it cannot connect to the internet Then through the Lenovo Access Connections tool internet connectivity issue - have to keep manually disconnecting and reconnecting I disconnect from the network and then connect again and it works fine for another seconds to five minutes I checked the firewall and everything looked right all the relevant programs were permitted etc and I tried different browsers so it's not a browser issue Here's what the diagnostic tool says Adapter Details Adapter name b g n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II Adapter type Wireless LAN Adapter speed Mbps Driver Firmware version N A Adapter status Enabled Connection Status Connected Disable unused cards Yes TCP IP Settings DHCP enabled Yes Append parent suffixes of the primary DNS suffix Yes Register connection's DNS suffix in registration Yes Register connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration Yes Enable LMHOSTS Lookup No NetBIOS setting quot Default quot Wireless Settings Network name SSID NetworkName Connection type Access point Wireless mode Auto Security encryption WPA -PSK AES Internet Settings IE Settings Home page Proxy settings System Information System model CTO BIOS version IET WW Operating system version Windows Access connections version Global Settings Network ------- Allow Windows users without administrator privileges to create and apply location profiles - gt No Allow the wireless LAN radio to be turned off when inactive - gt Yes Enable autodeletion of unused profiles - gt No Disable the Peer to Peer community feature - gt Yes Enable SMS feature - gt Yes Allow selection of location profiles with Fn F On Screen Display menu - gt Yes Notifications ------------- Show ThinkVantage Access Connections status icon in task tray - gt No Show wireless status icon in task tray - gt No Display the progress indicator window when a profile is being applied - gt Yes Show Access connections Gauge in task bar - gt Yes Preferences ----------- Enable sound effects - gt No Do not show balloon tips from the Access Connections system tray icon - gt Yes Do not show balloon tips from the Access connections Gauge - gt Yes Show WiMAX page as default on Main GUI - gt No Automatic location profile switching list Include Ethernet connections in automatic switching and prompt me to save Ethernet ports - gt Yes Preferred Location Of WLAN - gt No When no other connections are available connect through Wireless WAN or WiMAX - gt No Wireless priority list ---------------------- Selection Priority Location profile name Connection order Connection details ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yes OldNetwork Ethernet saved port s Yes OldNetwork Wireless LAN SSID OldNetwork Yes NetworkName Wireless LAN SSID NetworkName I am a total computer dunce so would really appreciate any help I can't make heads or tails of it

A:internet connectivity issue - have to keep manually disconnecting and reconnecting

by chance does event viewer show anything
Relevancy 36.98%

How can i get the drivers for my DWA-542 work in vista i cant find out how

A:dlink DWA-542 in vista

Originally Posted by zettabyte

How can i get the drivers for my DWA-542 work in vista i cant find out how

Have you tried downloading the drivers from here? Also look at the FAQ's. Which country are you based in?
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a new Toshiba Portege R930 64 Bit running Win 8
One month into using I am now having trouble with WiFi periodically disconnecting and reconnecting. I am running other computers (1 Toshibha Portege R750 Win 7 and iPad amongst others) on the same wireless network without this issue.
It is very annoying as I use skype for international calls and they always drop. If I switch to the other Toshiba or iPad then problem stops. I have installed Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector - no issues with router or wifi.

I have noticed on the net, many people having the same issue.

A:WiFi periodically disconnecting and reconnecting Win 8

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

As you have xirrus please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if you have a separate modem, the make and exact model of the modem.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

lets see the following please

ipconfig /all
Three Ping tests
xirrus screen shot
Device Manager Screen shot

ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.For windows version, XP, Vista, W7Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.
ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.For windows version, XP, Vista, W7Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the r... Read more
Relevancy 36.98%

for some unknown reason when i go to the physical address of my dlink router i see this

and am unable to type the necessary characters to access the site...any ideas?

A:dlink website

Did you change the User Name from Admin? Can you access that area? If not, go directly to D-Link website and get firmware there.
Relevancy 39.56%

hi messenger msn disconnecting/reconnecting im new here and im not too sure where to put this so i hope this is the right place my msn messnger would log in but it would only show some of the people on my list i have about or so people on my list but only half of them would show up and after seconds or so it would show the rest of them but after minute it would disconnect me automatically and try to reconnect me again and it would repeat the process over and over again so for now ive been using web messenger but i would really like to get msn messenger back up and running again here is my hiijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM msn messenger disconnecting/reconnecting on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager lcdmon exe C Program Files Echovoice Gamer Statistics G Echovoice Gamer Statistics exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files MagicTune Premium GammaTray exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files MagicTune Premium MagicTuneEngine exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files PC Wizard PC Wizard exe C Program Files PC Wizard pcwizard dll C Program Files Codemasters Archlord alefclient exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run Launch LCDMon quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager lcdmon exe quot O - HKLM Run Echovoice Gamer Statistics C Program Files Echovoice Gamer Statistics G Echovoice Gamer Statistics exe O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Global Startup GammaTray lnk O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com actives ree asinst cab O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe O - Service Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe O - Service ForceWare Intellig... Read more
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Dell Inspiron with a WindowsXP os using the service pack I am using a Trendnet TEW UB wireless card and a linksys router There dropping keeps wireless and reconnecting? is a wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting? computer in the basement that never loses connection so I know that whatever is going on is with my computer Everyfew seconds I lose my connection and then my computer automatically reconnects It has happened times going on since typing in this window began Just to post anything I have to weight for the connection to come up hit send and hope that it goes in time to get up before the connection drops I've managed to get the programs downloaded from the quot First Steps quot thread I've already been to the XP support boards and some people were kind enough to suggest some fixes but they haven't worked I've attached one of two zip files and cut and pasted the dds txt The zip file that is missing took an hour to scan my computer and then when I tried to save it to my desktop I got a message saying it was too large What ended up on the desktop was just a blank file I did get a message at the end of the scan that said something to the order of quot No changes were found to have been made to this system quot It was yesterday so I don't remember the exact wording If I need to run the scan again and can do something different to save the results let me know And thank you for spending time with my problem If you happen to live in Louisville KY I'd bring you some of my homemade chocolate covered toffee just for trying to help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by David Baker at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files TRENDnet TEW- UB TRENDnet exe C Program Files Wireless LAN WLAN CardBus Utility WLAN UI EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files TRENDnet TEW- UB SiSWLSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Internet wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting? Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings David Baker Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO jZip Webmail plugin fd a-c f - f - fc - b f f - c program files jzip WebmailPlugin dll BHO Groove GFS Browser wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting? Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot StartupFolder c docume davidb startm programs startup onenot lnk - c program files microsoft office office ONENOTEM EXE StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup wirele lnk - c windows installer bdc e a-f b- -ab - e c NewShortcut BDC E AF B AB E C exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup wlanca lnk - c program files wireless lan wlan cardbus utility WLAN UI EXE IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF D... Read more

A:wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting?

I'm not sure where it is supposed to indicate there is an attachment here but I don't see it? If the "attach.txt" file isn't here let me know and I will reattach. This is what I'm dealing with trying to find a window of opportunity to "send" something before the connection drops... If my hair was long enough to pull on, I'd be yanking clumps of it from my skull.
Relevancy 36.12%

I bought a DLink wireless network And Network Vista Adapter Dlink adapter about a month ago It worked fine in Windows XP until I installed my new dsl modem Then it started to connect and disconnect over and over every seconds I know Nothing had changed on the computer I tried every which way to uninstall Dlink Network Adapter And Vista and reinstall the adapter but it still did the same thing My laptop wifi Dlink Network Adapter And Vista adapter had no problem with the new modem I bought my computer the same week as Vista was released so have an upgrade disk I had decided not to install it after reading all the nightmare stories but started thinking maybe it would fix my adapter problem I used the great advice I found here to do a clean install of Vista and I like it so far but my adapter is still quirky I found vista drivers on the dlink website I cannot use the management software that came with the adapter it works sometimes and hangs up other times Letting vista manage is much better but still not perfect Other software and hardware changes cause the adapter to malfunction I cannot plug in my Motorola Q because the adapter stops functioning When the computer goes to sleep the adapter malfuntions on wake Is there something I am missing that will make this thing more stable Dlink Network Adapter And Vista If not I will have to go buy a vista compliant adapter but would prefer not

A:Dlink Network Adapter And Vista

Vista in general is not stable with a lot of hardware. Even though DLink released drivers and whatnot, Vista still has some quirks to work out.

You could try some simple things as putting it in aother PCI slot if you have more than one. if your adapter fails when your machine wakes from sleep, try disabling it before your put your machine to sleep, if you have that option.

Look into the Moto Q issue a bit more. It seems odd that it'll fail like that. I would bet it might be the firmware. Check the version of your firmware and update if possible. Also, check the settings on your new DSL modem that I am guessing has wireless capabilites. What is the make/model of your DSL modem? If you got it from Qwest, I would bet it's made by Actiontek. If it's from Comcast, I would bet it's a Netgear. anyone else I don't know.

Let us know some of the specifics. Obviously you have vista, but what version? have you gotten all the Windows updates?

Just some stuff to throw out there.

Let me know what you got. I'm sure someone else can help too.
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello Computer HOPE D I first connecting Airplus Linksys G DLink E4200 DWL G120 to not of all thank you for existing DLink Airplus G DWL G120 not connecting to Linksys E4200 as a computer help website I have been searching google for hours trying DLink Airplus G DWL G120 not connecting to Linksys E4200 to fix this problem I have My Desktop nd Floor which has a Windows XP operating system x has a DLink Airplus G DWL G wireless USB adapter installed http www dlink com products pid The router that s inside the house is a Cisco Linksys E st Floor http homestore cisco com en-us Routers Linksys-E -MaximumPerformance-Wirelessn-router stcVVproductId VVcatId VVviewprod htm I m knowledgeable of how to use a windows system to some degree My DLink is picking up wireless signals from majority of the houses around the neighborhood but is not picking up the connection inside the house All the laptops in the house are connected to the Linksys My goal is to be able to connect the two desktops running on XP to the Linksys as well Please help if you can Thanks in advance

A:DLink Airplus G DWL G120 not connecting to Linksys E4200

Is the Wireless Router broadcasting its SSID?
Relevancy 38.27%

We are beginning to roll out XPS 13 laptops into our environment and have run into this issue on multiple XPS 13s. We will have the USB-C to Ethernet adapter plugged in and connected to ethernet, and after a couple of minutes it will lose connection. Once it loses connection, it constantly connects and disconnects every 5-10 seconds. I have looked through this forum for a while and have not found anyone else with this issue, however we are having the same issue on multiple laptops. They are running Windows 7 with a fresh image.

A:XPS 13 9350 USB-C to Ethernet Adapter Constantly Disconnecting and Reconnecting

I'm seeing the same issue on Precision 5510s.  Don't have an answer myself.  I have disabled power management option that allows the system to shut off the device to save power, which didn't help.
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi Lately i have bought pc wireless dlink shutdown does nano plugging adapter of not why allow wireless dlink dwa adapter for accessing wireless connection My adapter of old realtek version does not support wireless and hence i bought Now i could able to connect to wireless thro the pc to my laptop etc etc Now the problem is like any ordinary usb it does not close and allow shutting down of pc I tried all sorts of tricks but if i select eject the usb adapter like pendrive then it is allowing shutting down Why this behaviour Should i have to eject each time why plugging dlink nano wireless adapter does not allow shutdown of pc like pendrive to enable shut down or any other solution is available I tried to uncheck power why plugging dlink nano wireless adapter does not allow shutdown of pc management tab and unchecked the power save enable box in the concerned wireless adapter in device manager and also to all the usb root hub Still the problem persists Once ejecting the nano usb pc is shutting down without hanging at shutting down Otherwise it is hanging always why I want a detailed explanation and solution from experts
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey guys I have this problem with my wifi internet.
It works fine for about 3 minutes, then drops a few bars in connectivity for about 20s, then fully disconnects before reconnecting in around one minutes time. This pattern keeps on repeating. The internet wifi on my phone and my girlfriend's laptop works completely fine. This started happening around 2 weeks ago and has been very frustrating. The two months before that, (when I moved into this house) there were no problems with the internet.
The internet is stable in Safe Mode with Networking, thats why I think there is something wrong/
I have scanned with malwarebytes full scan coming up with 0 results. Clean booting doesn't seem to fix it either.
I am using Windows 7.
Thanks in Advance.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Hello -
Are other people using the internet at the time that this happens ??
Has the ISP been contacted about this problem, or do you still think it may be an infection ??
Please run these few scans. Download them to desktop, and Copy and Paste all replies.
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 users may need to Right click and Run as administrator.
First -
Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.
Note:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
Next -
Please download MiniToolBox to desktop to run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
* List content of Hosts
* Flush DNS
* Report IE Proxy Settings
* Reset IE Proxy Settings
* Report FF Proxy Settings
* Reset FF Proxy Settings
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)
Please post your last Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Full scan.
Update and rescan if it was over 2 days ago.
The scan results are found by opening the program and Logs are at the top.
These will be dated, so you can check your last one.
Next -
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will run for about 2 minutes.
Copy and paste that log.
NOW : * Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button (only once)
* AdwCleaner will patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Untick any known good programs, or post that log first if you are not sure
* Next : Click on the Clean button (only once)
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
* Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are also saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Next -
Once you are satistied with AdwCleaner .......
Please download Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu and save it to your Desktop.
* Close all open programs and  Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus now to avoid potential conflicts.
* Double-click on JRT.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7 / 8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* The tool will open and start scanning your system.
* Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
* On completion, a log file named JRT.txt will automatically open and be saved to your Desktop.
* Copy and paste the contents of JRT.txt in your next reply.These tools will search for and remove many potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, toolbars, browser hijackers, extensions, add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs) and other junkware to include many related registry entires (values, keys)
EDIT - Is there any problem if you connect by Ethernet cable to your computer -
Relevancy 39.13%

My computer at work (church office) was attacked by a computer virus last week. Of course, my antivirus software was shut down. I used the link on your site to clean up the files. I have my McAfee antivirus software back up and going. Only problem is I can't get the computer back online (hooked to the internet). We have wireless laptops on the network and they connect, but with the virus attack and then cleanup I'm thinking some of the settings changed or something. When I open IE or Firefox it gives me a message something about the Proxy Server. I would appreciate any help on how to get it back online.

Thanks so much!!

A:Reconnecting to internet after virus attack

Malware may install a proxy server, changing your browser settings and screwing up your ability to connect to sites.

With IE open...Tools/Internet Options...Connections tab.

Click LAN Settings button...clear everything and click OK. See if that helps.

If so, make the same type of check in Firefox.

Relevancy 39.99%

a computer running win me and sbc yahoo reconnects to the Internet about every minute tried many different things but still the Internet gets interrupted any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:reconnecting internet

Are you using SBC's dialup or DSL connexion?
Relevancy 39.56%

I just got my internet working again today, after getting rid of a virus going around my campus, and now I'm having problems with AIM. It's constantly disconnecting and then reconnecting...and sometimes it will say "You are attempting to sign on again too soon. Please try again later." with my main screen name, even if I wait awhile. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 36.55%

Anyone know how to secure my dlink wireless?

Relevancy 35.26%

I have a terminal server here in the office that works beautifully. Everyone in the office (even Mac users) has been able to log on from home and from on the road using Remote Desktop Connection... with the exception of one user. He can't log in from his home network. He's tried both an XP and a Vista machine and in both cases, when he tries to log on, Remote Desktop Connection gives him an error that the credentials did not work -- I have tried his credentials and they work just fine. I'm thinking that it must be some sort of problem with communications between RDC and his router?? He uses a DLink Dir655.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them!
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi guys i have just had this router installed today from virgin media how ever my xbox 360 will not pick this router up i want to connect wireless, i have the 360 adapter i have been trying for a few hours now and feel like bangin my head against a brick wall thanks for any help that is givin!!

A:Solved: New Dlink dir 615 router connects to laptop but not xbox 360?

did you enable the wireless on the router?

Did you set up any security (WEP/WPA/WP2)?

Did you enable MAC filtering?
Relevancy 39.99%

Well.. I want to figure out how to disconnect from my internet, then reconnect at all in less then 2 seconds. People without wireless internet can do this easily by pulling out the cord then just simply putting the cord back in.. but how do i do this for wireless internet? It takes about 10 seconds to reconnect.. and this takes way too long. This isn't for anything illegal or anything :3 just for a video game. Thanks for your help

P.S. I have tried disabling/enabling my wireless internet, turning off router then turning it back on, connecting to an internet source that doesn't work then cancelling that and going to the internet that DOES work, and.. i think that's about it. All of them take too long to reconnect. THANKS~!

A:Reconnecting wireless

It's the nature of the technology. Wireless networking involves an antenna searching for a signal. You're not going to be able to speed that process up. 10 seconds is pretty darn fast.
Relevancy 35.69%

I got it installed wired, can't make it wireless. I put the IP number for the cam in the address bar of my browser
and it has problem loading the page, I turned off the firewall, no good.

Relevancy 39.99%

A few weeks ago, I started having a problem where if I signed out of AIM at nighttime, I'd be unable to sign back in for a couple hours. I recently replaced the router and now my AIM will randomly disconnect and reconnect itself all day and night. It does it every 30 minutes to a couple hours. I'm not exactly sure what info I should list:

Internet Service: HughesNet
Modem: HN7000s
Router: Belkin N+
Wireless USB Adapter: Linksys WUSB54GC
AIM version 5.9

My computer was recently reformatted so I don't think it's a virus issue and this also happens on Vista.

Relevancy 36.12%

Okay, I don't know much about computers, but I will explain as I see it:
I recently installed a Dlink router DIR-628, and since then my ventrilo ping has been in the 5-6 digits which makes it useless. It takes time for the channels to load on log in (more so then before), also, though my messages go out quick and super clear, all incoming messages on it lag out and take a good 10 mintues to come in and when it does its quite jumbled.
I know it isn't the internet itself, seeing as my World of Warcraft is fucntioning smoothly at is regular latency even while running Firefox and vent, so I have no idea how to fix this.
Please help me, my guild can't raid without me on vent.