Windows Support Forum

Solved: 54mbps vs. 108mbps

Q: Solved: 54mbps vs. 108mbps

I just bought a D-link usb wireless adaptor which is working fine thank you. But, I noticed that for about 10 bucks more I could have gotten a different adaptor which says it can go up to speeds of 108mbps instead of the 54mbps I can get with the one I bought. My router is from SBC. It's a 2wire529. Would it make any difference?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: 54mbps vs. 108mbps

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: 54mbps vs. 108mbps

the router would need to support 108
also it would only make a difference if copying files between PC's etc all with 108 kit.

as far as the internet is concerned it will depend on your connection speed - if you have a 2MB connection then thats the slowest link and 54 or 108 makes no difference

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-54mbps-vs-108mbps.493676/
Relevancy 95.03%

Concerning wireless routers, I need help understanding advertised speeds. Some advertise 54Mbps and some, 108-, 125-, etc.

The router will be used with two-year-old Compaq and Averatec laptops with built-in Wireless G; but, I might consider a Wireless PCMCIA card if it will increase LAN speed.

Brands and specific models don't have any bearing on my question; I'm just trying to understand the data rates and when/how it makes a difference in my real-world use of this wireless hardware on a LAN.

Relevancy 55.04%

Boy am I glad you advised to run your sysinfo it reminded me that I uninstalled an antivirus package and forgot to install the new one I have an SMCWBR S-N router and I m using a usb wireless adapter that says it supports n and promises speeds of mbps My signal strength is excellent yet my speed is only mbps This is the only wireless connection on my network I have PCs connected at mbps and a Dish Wireless runs adapter only Solved: w/150mbps Laptop at USB 54mbps DVR connected at who knows what speed I ve been trying to read questions and answers from others online and I keep reading that ISP speed plays a role How does my ISP s speed affect my wireless network s speed Plus I run speedtest net all the time and my download speed is Solved: Laptop w/150mbps USB Wireless adapter only runs at 54mbps usually mbps But my question is simply why is my speed so low and what can I do about it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm Mobile Technology ML- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI MOBILITY RADEON XPRESS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Solved: Laptop w/150mbps USB Wireless adapter only runs at 54mbps D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard B Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I have recently switched my network from wired to wireless, I bought a D-Link DGL 4300 Atheros 108MBPS wireless router and a NETGEAR WG311T PCi 108mbps atheros wireless adaptor. Everything seems to be working fine but the computer using the pci card is only around 20-25 feet going thru no more than 3 walls (dry wall). But I'm still only getting 38mbps if im lucky and the signal stays at 45% - 55%.

I have tried everything to get the speed faster, I enabled speedbooster on the router, switched different channels and it still doesnt go any faster. I have never had a wireless network and know almost nothing about them. Can someone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atheros-108mbps-help.384163/
Relevancy 51.17%

how can i change my settings so i can get 108mbps on my toshiba laptop

A:Only getting 54mbs but should get 108Mbps

Originally Posted by Ummmm

how can i change my settings so i can get 108mbps on my toshiba laptop

Sorry but you'll have to give us a lot more information before we can help.

How do you connect to the Internet, what speed are you paying for and with whom, do you use a router a dongle or what ?

Please post back with as much information as you can about your setup and I know there will be someone to help you.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/227713-only-getting-54mbs-but-should-get-108mbps.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an acer aspire running windows which had an Atheros AR R Mbps wifi Mini-PCI card in 108Mbps Super-AG please? advice I have a Netgear DG GT Mbps router a b g 108Mbps Super-AG advice please? I decided 108Mbps Super-AG advice please? to get an Atheros AR XS Mbps card to go in the laptop so I could use the Mbps mode i got it 108Mbps Super-AG advice please? in and eventually got it working heres the snag its using old XP driver and old Atheros Client Utility ACU driver there is an quot intermediate driver quot installed in the wifi adapters windows properties which appears to be telling windows to report Mbps as link speed no matter what the send recieve link speed is - I dropped the router down into G only Mbps and it still reported Mbps in windows - heres another snag- the ancient driver and ACU software always report Mbps - so the ACU reports Mbps link speed and windows Mbps the guy I bought it off says the ACU only reports Mbps when it goes over Mbps speed if I upgrade to newer driver the ACU stops working and windows reports Mbps he says newer atheros drivers dont support superAG anymore As i dont have another PC Laptop to test this wifi connection physically I just dont know what ive got here have I got a Mbps link or not the ACU advanced button reports the channel setting as JAPAN on channel when i have EUROPE set in my router on channel AUTO Mbps mode it quot appears quot to me that the actual link speed is only Mbps - and only goes into Mbps mode when its needed and the software gets windows to quot lie quot about the link speed to quot keep people happy quot does anyone have any experience with Super AG hardware that can convince me its working lol cheers nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a netgear WG311T 108Mbps wireless PCI network card, but I can't seem to get it to respond in the 108Mbps mode, even though I have a router kicking out 108Mbps. Is the 64x version of Vista capable of this transfer speed with wireless cards, and if so how do I make sure it will do it?

A:Making 108Mbps work

Hi Krypt and Welcome to VistaX64.com!

Have you downloaded the latest drivers and updated your device? Here:
Support Page

Also what type of security are you using? This can affect the 108Mbit XRange.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/153694-making-108mbps-work.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone I purchased a PSP just before Christmas last year As I already have broadband I thought I would buy a wireless router so that I could play my PSP online As such I bought this one http www netgear co uk wireless 108mbps WGT624v3 Netgear ca ter wgt php which came with this USB adapter http www netgear co uk wireless ne ter wg t php I think the overall cost was around I got it home and set it up easily However I noticed that when I was playing my PSP the connection would randomly drop Netgear WGT624v3 108mbps even when it was over signal strength I thought this may have been a fault with my PSP so I used the adapter in my laptop and it did the same Netgear WGT624v3 108mbps I am using Windows XP not sure what service pack as I Netgear WGT624v3 108mbps am at work at the moment but it may be SP and I have not upgraded any firmware or drivers etc on it Anyone had a similar experience or devised a way of fixing this Thanks Gareth nbsp

A:Netgear WGT624v3 108mbps

Do you lose connectivity on your laptop as well?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wgt624v3-108mbps.706888/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I am a Netgear 108MBPS Wireless Network using Windows XP SP2, and using the software that came with it to retrieve network etc. This problem only happens on 1/2 computers, where the connetion just drops (Just dropped this moment).

I have done the following: - A Norton Antivirus Full system scan - found
nothing with virus definitions up to date
- The windows beta spyware scan - this also
found nothing.

I would truely welcome your answers..... or suggestions as i am getting very angry over this (dropped again and have just waited 5 mins for this to send)

Thanks again

Relevancy 46.87%

My internet has recently been very slow. It is usually below 36mbps, which is already nearly half of the 54mbps I usually get.
There have been no changes to the hardware, and I doubt there is any issue with interference (my sister's room is right next to mine, yet she has 54mbps)
The only clue I have is that it may have been the result of a recent virus infection, but the problem had existed before that occurred, and I did not find anything suspicious in my HJT log.

There has also been another problem: My computer in general has been slowed down. It is now very prone to long loading times, unresponsive windows, and general slow-ness.

I attached a speccy snapshot, in case that will help describe my case.

Does anybody know what might be causing either of these problems?

Thanks!

A:Low Wi-Fi speed-- 18/54mbps

I attached a speccy snapshot, in case that will help describe my case.OOPs you did not add the Speccy shot.Here are the directions for you to try again - Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, and post a link to it in this thread:It is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.My internet has recently been very slow. It is usually below 36mbpsThis is not a real bad speed if it is consistant.I have just upgraded my plan, and I now get about 20mbps, which is more than OK -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434054/low-wi-fi-speed-1854mbps/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there,

I got a new Dell desktop - XPS7100 in April with Wireless N Wlan card and everything was running fine speed wise however for last two weeks I am suddenly only being able to get maximum speed of 54mbps on my wi-fi connection.

I have installed drivers to latest etc but still cannot get back to the speeds I should be getting on my 50Meg BB.

Nothing has changed with the router or anything so am at a loss as to why this has suddenly happened.

Help please!

A:Wireless N only getting 54mbps

try releasing control from the application that came with the wireless device and turning it back over to windows, or vice versa, whichever may be the case. This is usually a application oriented problem in my experience and not a hardware oriented once (unless signal strength is an issue)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/166569-wireless-n-only-getting-54mbps.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Not a problem as such, just something I wondered whilst bored the other day.

If I had a 54mbps wireless router, with 1 client connected wirelessly, the computer would get the full 54mbps.
If I had 2 computers connected wirelessly, would both have 54mbps or would both ahve a throughput of somewhere nearer 27mbps?

As I said, just something I wondered about that may be helpful at a later time.

- Jack

Relevancy 46.44%

Ok guys....now...You all know that little monitor that show internet speed-100mbps(that monitor at clock)...and my problem is next..few days ago i had speed 100mbps....and now i have 54mbps!!!!it just downgrade for 46mbps!!!i dont know how to fix it....it rly slow my internet....so if any1 know tell me...and if u need more informations ask...xD thx

A:100mbps=54mbps INTERNET

What is the make and model of the wireless network router that you have?

If it is a G type then the NIC that you are using might just be lowering itself to 54 mbps which might be normal. Try disconnecting the Ethernet cable from the NIC and check the speed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/100mbps-54mbps-internet-255869.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I decided to buy a new Router to try and get some quicker speeds, no luck so far, heres what I have.

Qwest DSL modem only 1.5Mbps connect to
A Cisco Linksys E2000 Advanced Wireless-N Router
with a CAT6 cable going between the modem and the router

What am I doing wrong.

Between the router and my DESKTOP computer I get 1 Gbps, but my speed for wireless is still only 54Mbps, I thought I could get this up to 150.

Thanks!

A:Wireless Connection ONLY 54MBps

Just to make sure your wireless adapter is wireless N also? If so then you might want to check your wireless settings. I had a similar problem with mine. When in mixed mode it would cut my rate down to 36Mbps instead of 54MBps despite my adapter being G like the router. When I would set it to G only everything was fine. Maybe you're having the same issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142633-wireless-connection-only-54mbps.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My HP mini 110 with win7 starter edition is connecting to a linksys wrt120n router at 54 mbps with router right next to computer. this router replaced my linksys g router. This is my first post to a forum, let me know if did anything wrong and I will correct it.

A:Win 7 connecting to n router @54mbps

Quote: Originally Posted by Snakeshot

My HP mini 110 with win7 starter edition is connecting to a linksys wrt120n router at 54 mbps with router right next to computer. this router replaced my linksys g router. This is my first post to a forum, let me know if did anything wrong and I will correct it.

We could use some system specs to know what hardware we are dealing with. Is the pc wifi card "n" as well?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173329-win-7-connecting-n-router-54mbps.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Internet says it can go 54mbps but it goes around 30-40kbps
How can i change this?
Why is it doing that?

Relevancy 46.44%

I bought a new PCI Lan card off ebay brand new in a box and when I opened it it had no antenna. It was nobodys fault, infact the seller said to send it back an he would refund my money.Problem is I live in Canada and to ship it back to US is close to my buying price. I have looked all over Microsofts sites to purchase and new antenna without any luck. Any ideas as to where I might buy just the antenna?
Thanks
Ernest

A:Microsoft MN-730 54Mbps PCI Lan card

I'd insiste the seller pick up the return shipping since he didn't supply a complete unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mn-730-54mbps-pci-lan-card.396574/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys,
Just wanting some help setting up a "Netgear 54Mbps WG614 v7 router".
The power is "ON"
The test is off.
The wireless is flashing
the internet "i" is on

And all the other numbers are off. eg. next to the internet there
number 1 "off"
number 2 "off"
number 3"off"
number 4 "off"

I'm trying to setup this wireless Netgear 54Mbps WG614 v7 router with a optusnet ADSL 4200 modem.
When I go threw the netgear the netgear interface a show. But I NOT have interent access.
When connteched directly to the ADSL Modem 4200 I get internet.
Oh the have a WG111v2 USB Wireless adapter.

NO internet from the router.

P.s tried reset router already. I get page can not be display.
Thanks

A:Router Netgear 54Mbps issue

The ADSL mdoem is probably looking for the MAC address of your computer (which had normally been the first device modem connected to till now). The MAC address is unique hardware address assigned every network adapter.
=> Meaning your netgear router has its own MAC adress
=> And the modem won't provide internet connect to any hardware it sees that's different from the your PC's MAC address (we'll leave aside why some ISP's do this)

Couple options:
a) Most routers (you'll need look at the netgear) have a setup option where you choose to either
- Use the router MAC address (default)
- Use a MAC address you tell it (in which case you tell it the computer's MAC address)
b) But probably simplest to try and force your ISP to reset the address it looks for. Either call your ISP and tell them OR for most ISPs power down your modem for about 15 minutes. Should now accept the MAC address from router. (power down/up works most of the time, if not call ISP dor mac setup in netgear

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-netgear-54mbps-issue.120706/
Relevancy 46.01%

I use the Netgear 54mbps wireless router DG834G to connect my home PC and two Macs for internet access. The two Macs can receive an internet connection of between 40-50mbps - my Compaq PC running Windows Xp only ever seems to connect at 11mpbs. Any ideas on why this might be so, and how I can achieve a better connection speed?

Relevancy 46.01%

I currently have a Belkin Wireless N router and have been using the standard wireless card in my laptop to connect to it which only supports wireless G, so I just purchased a Belkin N+ wireless adaptor and set it up but it only shows 54mbps when wireless N should be 300mbps? Are wireless N and N+ two different things? Ive tried setting my router to wireless N only and the adapter picks up the router, but refuses to connect to it. Any ideas on how to get it to connect in wireless N to my router?

Thanks

Relevancy 46.01%

Can anyone tell me how I can obtain update drivers for windows 98 to run a wireless card, in this case a netgear 54Mbps.

Alternatively if someone could tell me where to look for the info that'd be great too.

Happy hoilidays
Hotelguru

Relevancy 46.01%

For my laptop, the speed was 300Mbps few days before but it changed to 54Mbps last night. I did not change any settings for my router and adapter and the only software I installed during this period is Windows update of March. I found the client monitor in router's setup page displays 802.11n is disabled. So what are the reasons?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've got the adapter driver to be the latest one.

A:WiFi speed down from 300Mbps to 54Mbps??

set wireless channel to automatic?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219952-wifi-speed-down-300mbps-54mbps.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I am connecting to a Netgear WNR34BV2 using a 5100AGN. The wireless mode set on the router is "270 mbps" out of the possible choices of 54,130 and 270.

I am using AES encryption. Latest drivers installed for the 5100agn and the latest firmware too. What am I doing wrong?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
Wireless card: Intel 5100AGN
RAM: 4060 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461899 MB, Free - 210885 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0C234M, A07, .DTMZWK1.CN486439AU0860.
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 45.58%

There is a new networking article on Tom's Hardware -

Buffalo Technology WBR-G54 AirStation 54Mbps Broadband Router

http://www6.tomshardware.com/network/20030106/index.html

Eric,

http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buffalo-technology-54mbps-broadband-router.3849/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
I have updated its driver several times but it always give an error code 12 in device manager of WinXP.
Code 12: This device could not find suitable resources........

Would anyone please help me in this matter.

A:Zonet 2.4GHz/54Mbps Wireless card bus

Device Model Number

You need to tell people more about the device you may get help quicker.

Try to post the model number there are a lot of products made by Zonet. So there is no chance of help by just saying the product manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zonet-2-4ghz-54mbps-wireless-card-bus.100948/
Relevancy 45.58%

Im trying to install this on a Dell Demension 4700 with win xp professional, I get as far as the setup, but can't go any further, the software wont let me set up any wireless. Not sure what's going on could use some help please.
Heidi

A:NETGEAR WG311v3 54Mbps Wireless PCI Adapter

have you tried installing from device manager
you should have a yellow ? or ! right click and install from there and then point to the CD driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wg311v3-54mbps-wireless-pci-adapter.1052141/
Relevancy 45.58%

Still not getting connection with Router at startup I have installed all available upgrades drivers firmware updates and am still having the same problem GatewayE mb ATI RAge pro g gand outrider usb gHDD Generic cd Optprite x Belkin WGT624, 54Mbps Netgear WirelessG CDRW Outrider usb x CDRW PCI port out- in USBcard one MultiCard read write-usb and one belkin wireless adapter g PCI OS-Win pro w Office Here is the problem I was having no trouble with any of my sys then suddenly my wireless began to not connect with the home LAN I forgot That part of this mess consists of an SMC cable modem and NETGEAR wireless Router There are four other systems of varying type also connected and no probs My sons system is doing the same thing and the only thing the two sys have in commom is the operating system If I uninstall- reinstall the card w o reboot itworks fine If I reboot it shows Netgear WGT624, Belkin WirelessG 54Mbps the Netgear WGT624, Belkin WirelessG 54Mbps card to be working but will not connect Specifically diag shows it to be transmitting not recieving My sons system does exactly the same thing and like I said it has nothing physically incommon Netgear does not seem to be Netgear WGT624, Belkin WirelessG 54Mbps the culprit could it be Pro When I installed it I was informed that scrcons exe was missing but it is not it is present this happened when settingup my sons sys as well I can use the system as is I simply hate little mysteries like this Any Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wgt624-belkin-wirelessg-54mbps.373275/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey all,

Not being a hardware type guy I'm having trouble finding any definitive info on this one.

Can anyone tell me for sure if the abovementioned router is capable of supporting ADSL2?

Can't find specs for it anywhere and even if I could it all reads like heiroglyphics to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-dg834g-v2-54mbps-wireless-router.766782/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm trying to make my laptop work with a wireless network adapter.
It gets stuck on 'Acquiring ip address'.
Running microsoft windows xp service pack 3
My router/modem (it's a 2-in-one provided by my ISP) is made by Inteno.
2 months ago i installed a portable modem and ran perfectly but after i stop using it i got "Erorr 623:The System Could Not Find the Phone Book Entry for This Connection." The portable modem is: "Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)"
​Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : hellraiser

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-08-74-4B-DB-F7

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NETGEAR WG111v2 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-14-6C-6C-C5-BF

A:Netgear WG111v2 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

Disable encryption and MAC Address filtering on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wg111v2-54mbps-wireless-usb-2-0-adapter.801386/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop with a Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN Wireless NIC. It will only connect to my new wireless-N router (Belkin Vision ADSL) at 54mbps. The signal is strong and both the router and NIC are in wireless-N mode. No other devices are currently connected.

I'm stumped. Anyone got any ideas?

A:Wireless N NIC won't connect to Belkin Vision router at more than 54mbps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-n-nic-wont-connect-to-belkin-vision-router-at-more-than-54mbps.924024/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just bought a Zonet ZEW P Wireless USB Adpater Mbps from newegg com and the connections I get is capped at Mbps and I read some of the reviews and someone said they installed a windows driver Adapter, capped at Network Wireless need 54Mbps Connection with 11Mbps a help... and was runnin at Mbps Also they were talking about some Windows Xp Wireless zero Configuration service for WPA encryption What is that exactly do I need it Im not connecting to my own wireless network just to whatever is around my area I Wireless Network Connection capped at 11Mbps with a 54Mbps Adapter, need help... usually get the encrypted secure ones and some unsecure ones that I can actually use but Wireless Network Connection capped at 11Mbps with a 54Mbps Adapter, need help... the signal drops very low most of the time with those ones and I can t stay connected Do I need to download the Ralink driver that one of the reviewers mention to get connected to the secure conenctions What is WPA and WEP and whats the diffrence Heres the reviews from newegg I was talking about This part is a bit long but just read the bold print if your too lazy Very good reception ultra-compact size for desktop easy to The ZEW P is a unique G USB wireless adapter in that it is marketed as a quot desktop version quot It is about the size of five or six stacked credit cards so I suppose it will fit even the tiniest of desktops Most likely it is just a USB pen-style adapter in a different style case That being said it does perform well It consistantly maintains a Mbps connection and a signal from about feet It comes with a ft long USB cable so it is pretty easy to move around The software driver works well but the provided quot monitor quot utility is sorely lacking You ll need to use Windows XP wireless zero configuration service for configuration if you want to use WPA encryption - because Zonet s utility does not directly support WPA even though the box lists WPA If you plan to use this adapter under Windows K SE or ME - you won t be able to use WPA with the provided software - only WEP However the manufacturer of the chipset Ralink used in this adapter publishes it s own updated driver and utility software This updated software will support WPA directly on all windows operatings systems and the utility is slightly nicer overall This updated software is not yet available directly from Zonet - download the chipset software directly from Ralink In summary this is a great little wireless USB adapter - so long as you use Windows XP wireless zero configuration or update the driver and utility to the lastest provided by the chipset manufacturer No problems whatsoever This is the first wireless adaptor I ve ever owned and so far it s worked perfectly I installed the drivers restarted computer plugged in the adaptor it automatically found and connected to the network in just a few seconds after startup and I was ready to go In case you are wondering it is backwards compatible with USB and will automatically switch from b to g depending on what network it connects to this may be obvious to you but this is the first time I ve had a wireless system so it surprised me that it did it automatically Like some people have said the included configuration tool is a little too bare-bones and you re probably better off using Window s Wireless Zero program I noticed that my roomate s Linksys adaptor can identify more networks in the neighborhood so it may not have as good an antennae as the competition In either case it still registers as having quot excellent signal strength quot to my own network Highly recommended Good but no WPA in Windows I did not buy mine from Newegg The adapter has good range but not spectacular However it has no WPA for Windows and Zonet Tech Support told me they will not update software Just so you know if WPA is crucial to your w k Works well under Linux rt sourceforge net Bought one of these after giving up in frustration with a g PCI card This adapter worked immedi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-capped-at-11mbps-with-a-54mbps-adapter-need-help.413374/
Relevancy 43.86%

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L500D PLSK0A-00U009 And i can connect to the internet fine but the speed is incredibly slow and no matter what i do i cant fix it ive tryed Reinstalling and fiddling with the settings and with no luck. Does anyone know how to fix the problem with the speed im having www.speedtest.net test shows the speed at 0.52kbp/s Download and upload at 1.45kbp/s Please help

A:Problems with Realtek RTL8187SE Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps PCIE Network Adapter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-realtek-rtl8187se-wireless-802-11b-g-54mbps-pcie-network-adapter.997509/
Relevancy 40.42%

Greetings I have subscribed to DSL and Teleco Video cable through DSL/Router Compusa D90-740010-06 54Mbps Westell router + wireless (SKU:333628) my Westell D90-740010-06 DSL/Router + Compusa 54Mbps wireless router (SKU:333628) phone company They provided the Westell Modem Model D - - It has ports but goto the televisions for cable and the other is going Westell D90-740010-06 DSL/Router + Compusa 54Mbps wireless router (SKU:333628) to my personal computer I have a Compusa SKU wireless router I want to connect so i can also use my laptop my ISP will not assist since the connection works with model personal computer with hardwired I thought I could just run a cable from one of the ports on the DSL Router to the WAN port on my Wireless Router however this did not work So I ran a cable from one of the ports on the DSL router to a regular ethernet port on the wireless routher not the WAN and I could hardwire both the desktop pc and wireless and connect to internet however the wireless would never work my pc says wireless is connect but when I open IE or firefox it does not connect Can someone please help I am going insane The following link will take you to the manual for my wireless router http fmi compusa com driver asp SKU and the following is the datasheet for the westell model router http www westell com images products ultraline pdf exact info on the dsl router Model Number D - - Serial Number B MAC Address a db Software Version VER Software Model Port Gateway Description WireSpeed Data Gateway Boot Loader VER Configuration - - A Thanks Martin Maynard In Loving memory of our daughter Bailey DeLonais Maynard January - March SIDS IT S REAL www healingokhearts org nbsp

A:Westell D90-740010-06 DSL/Router + Compusa 54Mbps wireless router (SKU:333628)

You have 2 routers - they are both trying to issue IP addresses so it is not surprising that there is a problem. If you can disable DHCP on the wireless router it might work as a wireless switch or hub. It is worth a try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/westell-d90-740010-06-dsl-router-compusa-54mbps-wireless-router-sku-333628.86758/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I have a Huawei HG router which is sending a signal to a new Cisco linksys AE adapter New signal usb 802.11n than adapter 802.11g but adapter, 54Mbps weaker old in another room which is connected New 802.11n usb adapter, but signal weaker than old 802.11g 54Mbps adapter to an Acer PC However the signal strength in bottom left corner is only on bars sometimes bars New 802.11n usb adapter, but signal weaker than old 802.11g 54Mbps adapter and the speed is Mbps I have New 802.11n usb adapter, but signal weaker than old 802.11g 54Mbps adapter just bought the AE adapter hoping it would provide a better signal than my very old Belkin adapter which is g - Mbps When I use the old belkin adapter the signal strength is at bars and is is nearly walways at Mbps Does anyone know why the signal strength and Mbps is so low on the Cisco AE Points to note I use WPA -personal AES encryption on Windows vista operating system The channel is on Auto I've changed the channels from to and still it doesn't change the Mbps much and is always below Mbps I've changed the signal for around from using g only to n only and b g n and still nothing improves Infact the g only is the best channel The only time the connection goes to a high level of Mbps is when I change the changing settings to 'n only' and whilst it is saving and the screen loads for a split second goes to Mbps and has bars signal strength but when everything is loaded saved it drops to either Mbps or Mbps and it moves to or bars signal strength Is the Cisco Linksys AE adapter a good one to use with the HG router or should I use another usb adapter instead Does anyone know how to get the signal higher than Mbps in n mode Many thanks for opinions and help on this Chris

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/301968-new-802-11n-usb-adapter-but-signal-weaker-than-old-802-11g-54mbps-adapter.html
Relevancy 19.35%

help my computer is jus screwd up evry so often it crashs especially online here is my hijack this logfile plz help me out thanku Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at p Hanging suspectd problems Solved: spyware Solved: general Solved: and ill-behaviour m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA Ahead NEROTO DRIVES EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc Solved: Solved: Solved: Hanging and general ill-behaviour suspectd spyware problems exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files SlimBrowser sbrowser exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings James My Documents TEENA Received things HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www nzcity co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http default-homepage-network com start cgi hklm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Nero DriveSpeed C PROGRA Ahead NEROTO DRIVES EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHook O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cab O - DPF ECA - F- D -BE F- A C DFE TDServer Control - http www chennai net wfplayer tdserver cab O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MineSweeper cab cab O - DPF D F B - A - D - B - DC A SecureLogin SecureControl - http secure comned com signuptemplates ActiveSecurity cab O - DPF E D DE - - -A - DFAD A D MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MessengerStatsClient cab cab O - DPF C E-CD - D -BBFB- A F D InstallShield International Setup Player - http www installengine com engine isetup cab O - DPF C A - DDA- C F-BE C-C F CF brdg Class - http www flingsto... Read more

A:Solved: Solved: Solved: Hanging and general ill-behaviour suspectd spyware problems

download and uinstall the latest version of HJT and post alog please

and I've edited an objectionable name from your post

go to here and download 'Hijack This!' self extracter. double click on the file and it will self extract to C:\program files\hijackthis.
Go to that folder then doubleclick the Hijackthis.exe
Click the "Scan" button, when the scan is finished the scan button will become "Save Log" click that and save the log.
Go to where you saved the log and click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply.
It will possibly show issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required,
so do NOT fix anything yet.
Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-solved-hanging-and-general-ill-behaviour-suspectd-spyware-problems.336790/
Relevancy 18.49%

Windows XP home has been very sluggish at startup and shutdown XP Slowly Runs Shutdown Startup Solved: & Solved: Solved: at for about a month now I ve run Ad-Aware programs and NIV and have cleaned out my cache files - none of this has helped Below please find my HiJackThis log file contents I just ran it Solved: Solved: Solved: XP Runs Slowly at Startup & Shutdown after I did a clean up and checked for Adware and viruses Adware files found and deleted no viruses Solved: Solved: Solved: XP Runs Slowly at Startup & Shutdown Thanks for your help Courtney Logfile of HijackThis v Solved: Solved: Solved: XP Runs Slowly at Startup & Shutdown Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System taskswitch exe C WINDOWS Mixer exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I K EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe C PROGRA THEWEA DWHeartbeatMonitor exe C PROGRA Webshots webshots scr C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus OPScan exe C Documents and Settings Courtney Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http CookieCop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride windowsupdate lt local gt localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run CoolSwitch C WINDOWS System taskswitch exe O - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer Mixer exe startup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo RX C WINDOWS... Read more

Relevancy 18.49%

My Operating System is Windows ME and I am using MS Outlook 2000.

My problem is, I cannot open attachments that are named resume.doc.
I keep getting the following error message:

"Can't create file. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in and click on properties menu to check your permissions for the folder."

I can open anything else, resume1.doc, resume2.doc, etc... but not resume.doc. Is there a setting I need to change or something?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Relevancy 18.49%

I have 3 pc's one wired to modem and router, the other 2 are wireless. The printer is connected to one of the wireless pc's and prints fine from this pc, the printer is set to shared on this pc, i cannot print at all from the other pc's and the printer software and drivers are installed on all. xp home sp2 on all pc's Its like i am missing something

A:Solved: Solved: Solved: help: printer sharing on a wireless network

When you go into Printers and Faxes on the "host" computer, the printer has a hand under it, indicating shared, right?

In Printers and Faxes on the other two computers, does the printer have a pipe under it, indicating a network printer?

What error message do you get when you try to print? If no error message, does the print job go into a queue on that computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-solved-help-printer-sharing-on-a-wireless-network.415640/
Relevancy 18.06%

Help please
I'm new to wireless and have just set my belkin wireless router up with the desktop pc works fine as does a laptop on the network but I think I am doing something wrong every time I start my desktop pc up it does not connect, my isp prog (assist and go) Talktalk jumps in sorts it out but have to restart the pc (and this is a pain) and then it connects right away the laptop works fine
any ideas please
thanks

Relevancy 18.06%

Hello everyone,

I realize that it is next to near impossible to have a total guide to the registry for all OS, but I was wondering if there was an on-line resource that had fixes/tweaks for the registry (can't find CD-ROM, IE toolbar customize). If there is something out there that covers the whole registry, and what all the keys, classes, values,..it would be cool, but for now, I'm looking for something that I can use as a guide that would show me a healthy registry, so I can make a fix and compare a healthy registry to an unhealthy one.

Thanks

A:Solved: Solved: Solved: Registry guide, or reference

Nigelum said:

Hello everyone,

I realize that it is next to near impossible to have a total guide to the registry for all OS, but I was wondering if there was an on-line resource that had fixes/tweaks for the registry (can't find CD-ROM, IE toolbar customize). If there is something out there that covers the whole registry, and what all the keys, classes, values,..it would be cool, but for now, I'm looking for something that I can use as a guide that would show me a healthy registry, so I can make a fix and compare a healthy registry to an unhealthy one.

ThanksClick to expand...

\
This is a good site with a tutorial, tweaks and a forum...doc
http://www.winguides.com/registry/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-solved-registry-guide-or-reference.277235/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello everyone I am experiencing extremely slow performance on my computer My MSN is changing from -Dial Up to Premium Premium is only for cable users Solved: Log) Solved: Sluggish Performance, (Hijack Solved: I have run the following AdWare SpyBot Ewido Microsoft AntiSpyware Kaspersky Panda AVG with nothing shown I have also cleaned my registry drives and defrag I also run Solved: Solved: Solved: Sluggish Performance, (Hijack Log) SpyBlaster Again no improvement I have contacted MSN they were able to restore Dial Up but the next time I logged in MSN returned to Premium Here is my HiJack Log Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X E FATI EA EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files EPSON EPSON CardMonitor EPSON CardMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files MSN MSNIA msniasvc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe D Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX Series C WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X E FATI EA EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - Global Startup EPSON CardMonitor lnk C Program Files EPSON EPSON CardMonitor EPSON CardMonitor exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp ieSpell Options - res C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll SPELLOPTION HTM O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google Go... Read more

Relevancy 18.06%

I just recently installed service pack 1 for vista. I can't find any changes. My computer's speed in doing tasks is the same, the programs that used to not work still don't work, just I have been playing around with it and I can't find any change other than it says its now service pack 1 version. I have been trying to find a list of specific things it is supposed to fix, but i can't. Anyone know of a place I can get a list of fixes.

A:Solved: Solved: Solved: So whats new in the Service Pack 1

Here is one of many sites that post the 'whats new'.

http://computerexp.blogspot.com/2007/09/list-of-whats-new-in-vista-sp1.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-solved-so-whats-new-in-the-service-pack-1.696028/
Relevancy 17.2%

I ve gone thru this a couple of days ago thought we had the problem repaired Then winfixer started popping up on the screen again Here is my hjt log Tanks for any advice Mike Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss It's Solved: Solved: Solved: (winfixer that is) back please help exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C WINDOWS system dla Solved: Solved: Solved: It's back (winfixer that is) please help tfswctrl exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE issch exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings mike Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mycopper net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mycopper net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ATLDistrib Object - FCBC- D- B- BF - C FBEB - C WINDOWS system ddayy dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run SsAAD exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler... Read more

A:Solved: Solved: Solved: It's back (winfixer that is) please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-solved-its-back-winfixer-that-is-please-help.432234/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi,

The one speaker works and has sound, but the other doesn't, so far, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the speakers, and have also checked the settings in the control panel, and they seem fine. What is wrong that the 1 speaker works but not the other?

This is a fairly new speaker.

Nick

A:Solved: Solved: Solved: Speaker issues

I would sugesst pluggin the speakers into a radio or something else other than the copmtuer and see if the speaker works, make sure both work before moving on to the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-solved-speaker-issues.515293/
Relevancy 16.34%

PROBLEM Being a technician I always have my Lenovo laptop running Windows Professional x working perfectly and smoothly One perfect day I installed Apple iTunes rebooted my laptop and then I discovered that many services had stopped working fingerprint logon failed so I switched to entering password very slow startup up to minute delay comparing with the time it normally consumes NO Internet access at all nor wireless neither wired system message in notification area Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not Winsock failed; Event Solved: doesn't service Log help Solved: No network; reset connect to the Solved: Solved: Event Log service failed; No network; Winsock reset doesn't help System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service Solved: Solved: Event Log service failed; No network; Winsock reset doesn't help didn t respond Click to expand Event Viewer eventvwr exe could not start because of a problem with the service In Services snap-in there were two services in uncommon state Windows Event Log in Starting TCP IP NetBIOS Helper in Starting both were holding infinitely Of cause first of all I uninstalled Apple iTunes Bonjour Apple service QuickTime and other software I recently install Didn t help I tried Clean Boot quot sfc scannow quot System Resfore Didn t help I looked into Google for solutions Many guys recommend to reset TCP IP and Winsock with these commands should be run under administrative account Code netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset It works for almost everyone with the same problem so try it first but not for me and a couple of guys because of the following error Code Initialization Function InitHelperDll in NSHHTTP DLL failed to start with error code SOLUTION find a machine with the same OS run regedit on that machine and export HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock and HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock into reg files run regedit exe on your computer under administraive account find and delete HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock and HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock restore them by applying reg files from a healthy machine reboot reset TCP IP by executing two commands above reboot againg done In case you have no healthy machine around I attached my reg files for Windows Pro x for your convenience If it helps you - please post a couple of words here Thank you P S Many thanks to adlep who post the main idea http forums anandtech com showpost php p amp postcount nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-event-log-service-failed-no-network-winsock-reset-doesnt-help.1017127/
Relevancy 16.34%

I am a beginner and I need to find: Temporary Internet Files folder in Windows Explorer: Can anyone explain the step by step procedure to do so.
Shamou

A:Solved: Solved: Find: Temporary Internet Files folder in Windows Explorer

Temporary Internet Files are located within the users's profiles, such as:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Each user has its own files.

Open Internet Explorer. Select Tools, then Internet Options. Under Temporary Internet Files click on Settings, then View Files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-find-temporary-internet-files-folder-in-windows-explorer.414465/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi first of all I m not a tech whiz so please bear with me enabling/disabling SSID network broadcast. disconnection, Solved: solved by Wireless My home network consists of a SpeedTouch ST Solved: Wireless network disconnection, solved by enabling/disabling SSID broadcast. ADSL modem and a Cisco WRT G wireless router I have a desktop under a wired connection and a notebook in another room that connects wirelessly Both of them use windows Almost daily the wireless connection disconnects after some time of usage and stays that way From what I can tell it seems to occur randomly My desktop however remains connected so it s not the entire internet is down Through some tinkering I discovered that I could get the notebook to reconnect by either enabling or disabling my SSID broadcast depending on which setting it was in the first place I do think it s related to my desktop though This problem occurs ONLY when both desktop and notebook are on If I m only using my notebook there won t be any disruptions Anyone has any idea what s going on Could someone be hijacking my network Any help will be appreciated thanks Btw I used to use a Wire unit which was a modem and router and did not encounter such problems before nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless network disconnection, solved by enabling/disabling SSID broadcast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-disconnection-solved-by-enabling-disabling-ssid-broadcast.1087901/
Relevancy 16.34%

See attached .zip bmp file. Where can I find this driver?

Thanks

A:Solved: Solved: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE controller driver needed!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-standard-dual-channel-pci-ide-controller-driver-needed.692726/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello I discovered this forum when searching for a way to create a search macro to copy rows of data based on values in certain columns The post resolved by bomb has given me code that does of what I need http forums techguy org business-applications -solved-excel-search-macro-needed html Sub Search Range quot E quot CurrentRegion ClearContents Range quot E quot quot Results quot FindWhat UCase almost search Excel an Solved: macro post earlier by bomb#21 solved Range quot E quot For Each Cell In Range quot B quot Range quot B quot amp Rows Count End xlUp If InStr Cell FindWhat lt gt Then Cell Offset - Resize Copy Range quot E quot amp Rows Count End xlUp Offset End If Next Solved: Excel search macro almost solved by an earlier bomb#21 post Cell End Solved: Excel search macro almost solved by an earlier bomb#21 post Sub As an absolute newbie to macros I ve been using them for days and it took me an hour to Solved: Excel search macro almost solved by an earlier bomb#21 post figure out why I was getting errors when changing from column B to column A in the above code - for any other newbies it is the Cell Offset - part of the code I was wondering if it is possible to have this code in a Sheet to return data from Sheet I had assumed it would be as easy as changing the code to lt For Each Cell In Range quot Sheet B quot Range quot Sheet B quot amp Rows Count End xlUp gt and whether it would be possible to have a search popup box instead of just entering text into a cell E in the above code Apologies I know that this is probably a very basic question that I could learn with some excel training Unfortunately this is a smallish task on a very large project that I am working on for a new job that is generally not excel based and I have a very large amount of data to still get into the spreadsheet that I really want it to look impressive without the luxury of many more hours to spend on the front end Thanks Tolchok nbsp

Relevancy 16.34%

Soo the solution is simple, no need for regedit, or a system factory reset or anything.

All you need to do is install the bluetooth driver . I'm not even kidding.
Link is here BT-stack-64bit-toshiba.zip ( ACPI\TOS6205 driver )

I'm posting this because I stumbled across this solution quite randomly and I can guess that I'm not the only one who got pissed because the wireless lan wasnt working on my laptop without any apparant reasons.
Hope this helps.

Cheers.

A:[SOLVED] Toshiba c855 Realtek wireless lan driver error 43 ? Solved.

Thanks for sharing your solution!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-toshiba-c855-realtek-wireless-lan-driver-error-43-solved-704375.html
Relevancy 16.34%

Hey all,

Just trying to save some time for anyone that runs into this error.

If you are using Outlook 2003 and using Word as your text editor, you may get one of the following messages when sending an email:

Interface not registered
Unspecified Error

To fix this, in the run box type (without quotes):
"Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll"

I just had this happen to two different machines within a week so I am expecting more

Spline

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unspecified-error-or-interface-not-registered-outlook-2003-solved.761344/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi Everyone Sorry about starting threads that had similar issues and causing any possible confusion Firstly I want THANK EVERYONE that posted and helped me out I managed to solve the problem and thought I d give everyone an update The issue with the Symantec NAV Corporate Edition was Edition NAV9 PWS Corporate Solved: Trojan after Reinstalling SOLVED!!! Symantec finally resolved It appears that the SP component of Windows XP was the culprit causing an unsuccessful reinstall as there was an incompatibility problem I completely uninstalled everything Symantec and Norton reinstalled WinXP without SP while unconnected to the network then reinstalled Solved: SOLVED!!! Reinstalling Symantec NAV9 Corporate Edition after PWS Trojan Symantec NAV After reconnecting to the network I updated both WinXP and Symantec On both PC s the liveupdate was still inoperable and one of the PC s had the additional problem of Auto Protect permanently on quot Disabled quot mode I proceeded to repair all the Symantec Files this restored one PC s LiveUpdate and Auto Protect immediately on the other PC the repairs didn t work so I went to Symantec and downloaded an updated version of LiveUpdate patched it and the problem was resolved immediately Now both PC s are up and runnning at full health My grateful thanks to everyone for their kindness in assisting me and their patience towards a true newbie Cheers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-reinstalling-symantec-nav9-corporate-edition-after-pws-trojan.445649/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello I m having similar problems as with an earlier post by Azus but unfortunately I couldn t resolve my issue by reading that post I think that our issues are different enough that I may need to post my HJT log to resolve the problem I Having post pop Solved: (Solved: with issues yyy65.html as earlier ups) similar was googling something Solved: Having similar issues as with earlier post (Solved: yyy65.html pop ups) when all of this started It Solved: Having similar issues as with earlier post (Solved: yyy65.html pop ups) happened so fast that I couldn t do anything before I got a blue screen I know I was bombarded with something that may have given me a virus or Solved: Having similar issues as with earlier post (Solved: yyy65.html pop ups) some other problem Hopefully you can help me with this dilema Currently I can log on to Windows but I get unwanted and uncontrolable popups and eventually Windows shutsdown on me Also I use Skype to talk to my brother but after all of this happened I can t launch Skype at all even after reinstalling it Also my other brother tried to fix some things but I really don t know what he did or if it actually fixed anything I hope he didn t quot fix quot it beyond repair Here is my HJT log in Normal Mode If you need it from Safe Mode I can do that too I do appreciate any help that you can provide Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoguard exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Bill Desktop Upload HijackThis exe O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C PROGRA AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com SSC SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent common bin cabsa cab O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - quot C PROGRA MSNMES msgrapp dll quot file missing O - Winlogon Notify avpe - C WINDOWS SYSTEM avpe dll O - Winlogon Notify htproc - htproc dll file missing O - Winlogon Notify msupdate - msupdate dll file missing O - Winlogon Notify NavLogon - C WINDOWS system NavLogon dll O - Winlogon Notify Run - C WINDOWS system irj l q dll O - Winlogon Notify sndu ... Read more

A:Solved: Having similar issues as with earlier post (Solved: yyy65.html pop ups)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-having-similar-issues-as-with-earlier-post-solved-yyy65-html-pop-ups.439231/
Relevancy 16.34%

SOLVED As title above specifies my internet connection varies from a low of about kbs to a high of about mbs I am connected via a Solved: to Solved: Connection speed varies Internet 50kbs-5mbs wireless connection using a D-Link DI router and a Netgear WG v g Wireless PCI Adapter Connection speed between the router and my computer displays on the connection status window as either mbs or mbs However when the internet connection is slow I have to wait minutes to connect to my router Likewise many times my email either fails to connect or times out during logon or during mail transfer Internet pages either fail to find the URL like Google or Yahoo or quot The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading quot or just hangs partially loaded There is one other computer on the network connected exactly as I am and it does not slow down as severely as does mine The download speed varies on it from about mbs to mbs I use Speakeasy net speedtest and test from the Washington DC server It matters not whether one or both computers are simultaneously connected to the internet I have made measurements at the same Solved: Solved: Connection to Internet speed varies 50kbs-5mbs time from both computers and I get the above stated results I have run AVG virus check Spybot and Adaware I have no viruses and the only thing Adaware finds are a couple of cookies and I remove them but the problem persists I have tried several different changes to my system including cleaning out my temporary files and recycle bin and then defragmenting altering the MTU currently reducing the number of background programs running including stopping AVG and ZoneAlarm I have separated my PageFile and Firefox cache each on a separate hard drive and each separate from the Window s System drive I have drives connected via a Promise Ultra ATA IDE Controller and I have defragmented all drives I have not run Hijackthis yet as I am waiting to do so after I hear from one of your kind and supportive experts Windows XP Home SP Intel Pentium III MHz Sincerely MichaelY nbsp

Relevancy 16.34%

The Start Menu,icons,taskbar,dont Appear
Only The Desktop Background Image Appears.....

But When I Restart The Computer Everything Appears Normal .

So My Computer Will Only Show Everything If I Restart After I 1st Boot It Up

So Everyday I Have To Boot My Computer Up Twice To Make It Work

Also Drives Keep Trying To Install Themselves When They Are Already Installed.

Relevancy 16.34%

i downloaded worms world party demo but cancelled half way through, now the setup for it is stuck on desktop and when i try to delete it it says cannot delete, the programme is being used by another person or programme even tho nothing else is running, ive tried rebooting pc then trying again but still get the same message, and now whenever i try to type something anywhere on the pc i get a copy/paste type box coming up,and it stops me from typing!!! can anyone help me as i dont really want to format the pc again. Thanks ...

Kezza900

A:Solved: Solved: help removing worms world party setup

try deleting in safe mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-help-removing-worms-world-party-setup.296562/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have an error message on startup (XP home) which reads: "lsdelete program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK". ~~
I follow this method
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/583755-solved-solved-lsdelete-program-not.html

I reboot the computer but still SAY:lsdelete program not found - skipping....
please help me~!!!

A:Solved: Solved: lsdelete program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK

You have Marked Your Thread As Solved .. are you still having problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-lsdelete-program-not-found-skipping-autocheck.627534/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello I need help I m running Win XP Home I keep getting random shutdowns with the following message quot The system is shutting down Please save all work in progress and log off Any unsaved changes will be lost This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM The system process C WINNT SYSTEM SERVICES EXE terminated unexpectedly with status code The Solved: NT [solved] Downs Random Authority\System Shut system will shut down and restart quot Solved: [solved] Random NT Authority\System Shut Downs I ve already ran Solved: [solved] Random NT Authority\System Shut Downs McAfee virus scan stinger exe Spybot SD Ad-Aware and Spy Sweeper But nothing seems to fix I want to fix this problem before I update to Windows XP SP This what I get from Hijackthis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WFXSVC EXE C Program Files WinFax WFXMOD EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C Program Files HP HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files HP HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA WinFax WFXSWTCH exe C WINDOWS System wfxsnt exe C DOCUME Untel LOCALS Temp MiniBug exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exe C Documents and Settings Untel My Documents Web Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus l hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard Shellnext http qus l hpwis com F - REG system ini UserInit Userinit exe TGBRFV O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - A D B- C- F - -B D F A B - C PROGRA iFinger plugins IE ifp O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Y... Read more

Relevancy 16.34%

I am experiencing problems with file sharing using Windows XP Specifically I get an access denied message when trying to access another machine s user folders under quot documents and settings quot across the network I can only successfully access the user folder of the user currently Denied Solved: - Solved: Problems Access XP Sharing File logged in on the machine I am trying to access across the network I have given full details below ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have just set up a home network consisting of a desktop running XP Home and a laptop also running XP Home The desktop goes into the combined router modem via an ethernet cable and the laptop Solved: Solved: XP File Sharing Problems - Access Denied is wireless This network seems correctly set up On both machines when I go to network places and then view my workgroup computers I can see the other machine I can double-click the other machine and browse some folders files that I shared I have turned off all firewalls to make sure that I could do this The problem I am having involves accessing sharing the different user folders that live under quot Documents and Settings quot On each machine I have shared these folders on the network by selecting quot Share this folder on the network quot and quot Allow network users to change my files quot I am also prompted to specify a Share Name - which I have done On each machine I can access the network and navigate to the user folders I have shared However when I try and open the user folders I get a message saying that this folder is not accessible - quot You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions quot As mentioned at the beginning I can access the user folder of the user who is currently logged into the machine I am trying to connect to eg my laptop is logged in as user - when I connect to my network using the desktop I can access the laptop s user folder under documents and settings However I can not access the folders for user etc I don t understand why I can only access the documents of the user currently logged onto the other machine on my network On each machine I have a computer administrator account which I have used to make all of the user folders shared on the network So I cannot understand why I can only access the folders of the user currently logged in on the other machine I have reached the limits of my knowledge with this I have read forum posts on this I read one that I thought might be the answer quot That s how Windows XP Home Edition works when it s installed on an NTFS disk partition It blocks access to the Program Files and Windows folders and to individual users folders within Documents and Settings You can share subfolders within those folders e g you can share quot C Program Files Outlook Express quot or quot C Documents and Settings USER My Documents quot and access that folder from another computer on the network quot In response to reading this I tried sharing the folders under the main user folder eg instead of sharing Documents and Settings User I shared Documents and Settings User My Documents However I get exactly the same access denied problems Please please can somebody out there help me I am amazed at how fiddly this has been to set up under XP and I am not even there yet It seems as though XP really isn t designed for smooth homw networking If you could please use very simple instructions in any answer you give I would appreciate it The more basic the better Many thanks in advance for your help daniel nbsp

Relevancy 16.34%

well freezing the hard drive works for me I would say very BGB full of my edited home video but there is a trick be very patient upon reinstalling the frozen Solved: noise problem WORKS Freezing HDD clicking WELL! with solved: drive as slave i was unable to boot always directed back to F or bios page saying something wrong with HDD after a while MINUTES TRYING IT WAS RECOGNIZED WINDOWS OPENED BUT MY COMPUTER FOLDER VERY SLOW TO RESPOND MAYBE MINUTES OF A BLANCK PAGE AS IF WINDOWS WAS FROZEN TOO then the content of my bad drive appeared I enlighted the most importants folders without trying to see what was inside because it takes good minutes to open each folder so I choose copy to and transfered data to Solved: problem solved: Freezing HDD with clicking noise WORKS WELL! my good drive it works as long as I am NOT touching anything else let it work be patient it may be make noise a few time but it may catch up too if it last long time making noise redo the process as soon a folder or group of folder is done transfering then it is making noise i did repeat the process times and it works everytime now I am choosing a group of folder to avoid the heads searching when one is finished it workds too windows announces minutes for transfer and it works until done in between I had the drive not responding anymore so I refroze it and it is working again not one minute at the time but hour sometimes I placed the drive as a slave but hanging outisde the computer with a fan directed at it to dissipate heat better that seems to help I had drives in the past for wich that did not work it is working good on this one so it is worth the try so far I have save GB of film still doing it at this time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-solved-freezing-hdd-with-clicking-noise-works-well.727499/
Relevancy 16.34%

Was having trouble using the "print to file" function using the XPS writer in Windows 7 to print an online statement.
It would ask for the Output File name..eventually figured out that it requires the path to an actual file located on my laptop e.g. "C:\Users\Public\Documents\document.xps".
So create the file first ,then copy the address into the Output file name box....it worked for me.

Next problem is to convert XPS to PDF....sigh!

Relevancy 16.34%

OK I have a little knowledge which of course is bloody dangerous However I am obviously on Solved: congig v8 cylinders, 2 like problem?? system Solved: runnin havin some kinda configuration problem here but just aint sure who don t like who here So have done HJT scan amp hopin someone can point it out to me please Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Solved: Solved: system runnin like v8 on 2 cylinders, congig problem?? Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead Solved: Solved: system runnin like v8 on 2 cylinders, congig problem?? InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic StartupGuard exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic PopupStopper exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic SMUtilityBar exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www incredimail com page asp amp setup id amp aff id amp addon IncrediMail O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run ImInstaller IncrediMail C DOCUME User LOCALS Temp ImInstaller IncrediMail incredimail install exe -startup -product IncrediMail O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run System Mechanic Startup Guard quot C Program Files iolo System Mechanic StartupGuard exe quot O - HKCU Run System Mechanic Popup Stopper quot C Program Files iolo System Mechanic PopupStopper exe quot O - HKCU Run iolo Utility Bar quot C Program Files iolo System Mechanic SMUtilityBar exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC AddToList html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC HSPrint html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Preview - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC Preview html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC Print html O - Extra context menu item Popup Stopper - Add to Black List - C Program Files iolo System Mechanic AddToPSBlackList htm O - Extra context menu item Popup Stopper - Add to White List - C Program Files iolo System Mechanic AddToPSWhiteList htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tool... Read more

A:Solved: Solved: system runnin like v8 on 2 cylinders, congig problem??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-system-runnin-like-v8-on-2-cylinders-congig-problem.485279/
Relevancy 16.34%

Can anyone please help me?

I have just got a new computer and have attempted to wire it to the Belkin Router in our house. My PC is running Windows Vista Ultimate and the router we have is a Belkin ADSL2+ modem with Wireless G Plus MIMO Router - model # F5D9630-4. The router does have wireless capacity, however I am attempting to run it hard wired to my computer. When I connect the cable Vista automatically searches and finds the network, however it comes up as an "Unidentified network" and I cannot connect to the internet. My brother's computer is also connected to the same router (He is running Vista Home Premium) but his works fine. I have tried everything I can think of, including changing the DHCP settings in my registry as seen here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233, but I have still had no success.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 16.34%

I am getting continuous DCOM Errors in the Event Viewer.

So I follow the directions listed here:

I search the registry, find the key, double click the default and get this:

I continue to follow the directions and go the the DCOM Configuration to find the program:

The program DOES NOT exist in the DCOM Window. So I am stuck at step 6 on the help window. The culprit is located here in my program folder:

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin

The program name is: nSvcAppFlt Application 168KB

Can you plese help me resolve/correct this?

Thank you.

A:Solved: Solved: Continuous DCOM Error in Event Viewer

It's part of the NVIDA Firewall on ASUS MB. Be nice if it was named NVIDIA Network Access Manager or NVIDIA Firewall.

I don't have an ASUS, or that CLSID on my system, but did some googling and I found this http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=23134 that says the Name is app_filter that you need to edit.

It says the CLSID won't match the AppID, but I'd check and see if it's listed:
In the component services window, widen it out, then click on View and choose Detail. This should list the Application ID column.
Search for {BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1} (double check that, I typed it by hand).

In the Registry Editor, check the {BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1} key for an AppID value and look for that in component services. Also you could check the ProgID key (and the others as well) to see if you can spot the name there.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-continuous-dcom-error-in-event-viewer.669657/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi All,

I have an error message on startup (Vista Business) which reads: "lsdelete program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK". From what I understand, lsdelete is associated with winlogon. Can anyone provide information as to what this program is, and how can I fix this problem?

Thanks for your help?

Liam

A:Solved: Solved: lsdelete program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-lsdelete-program-not-found-skipping-autocheck.583755/
Relevancy 16.34%

Click Start
Click run
Type cmd
type "gpedit.msc"
Click User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Windows Explorer
Removes the Folder Options menu item from the Tools Menu.

Click "Disabled"
Read "Explain" for info,

Thanks. -ross

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-folder-option-on-tools-menu-solved.1042028/
Relevancy 16.34%

hi i need help each time i boot up my pc it always asks to choose operating system the first one is xp pro the second is also xp pro and the third says previous operating systenm on c:/

A:Solved: [SOLVED] when i boot pc it asks to choose operating system

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-when-i-boot-pc-it-asks-to-choose-operating-system.236608/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi I have experienced another problem I also cannot seem to get into regedit it pops up but is all greyed out so I cannot edit please help also keep getting message lsass exe encountered serious problem system will shut down status code and then am redirected to Spyware sheriff com I wrote these guys an email then they sent me a link to correct and it goes there but page is blank Geesh See Hijack This log below weird stuff of Solved: Lots Solved: remove spyware cannot Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP Solved: Solved: Lots of weird stuff spyware cannot remove SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmgr exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource RemoteControl RCMan EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mim exe C Program Files VideoMate ComproPVR ComproPVR exe C Program Files VideoMate ComproPVR Common ComproRemote exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exe C WINDOWS system winsrv exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Documents and Settings Mary Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt O - BHO no name - - D - - - - no file O - BHO no name - -C EC- - EC - D - no file O - BHO no name - -F C- B - EC -AD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - ceff cd- f - e d-bccd-ff c b - no file O - BHO winapi MyBHO - E E -F - C -B - E DA F - C WINDOWS system winapi dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - b bb - b d- fd- a -b f deb - no file O - BHO no name - c - - -a -f d fca - no file O - BHO no name - c a - dda- c f-be c-c f cf - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - e dedbb-d - bdb-b ... Read more

Relevancy 16.34%

Sony-Vaio Desktop Computer Windows XP Home SP IE and Firefox no viruses or spyware HijackThis logs and Ad-Aware logs clean Two hard disks C and D C is the one on which all the files are D is empty 01. (10 per normal GB Is disk to DAY? lose free of Solved: it Solved: space about MB) what is it good for by the Solved: Solved: Is it normal to lose about 01. GB (10 MB) of free disk space per DAY? way C has an overall capacity of GB of which is occupied Now I have noticed for two or three months I never bothered looking before that I am losing GB of disk space PER DAY Thus day before yesterday I had GB of remaining free space yesterday GB and today it is C has never been reformatted before or undergone major quot surgery quot No new programs or large files have been installed or stored for ages and automatic updates include Ad-Aware SE Personal once a week Windows Update once a month and Norton AntiVirus once a week only virus definitions plus sporadic updates for Adobe Acrobat Reader Flash etc The computer is turning a ripe four years old next month I use Disk Cleanup and Defragmenter to clean up stuff empty my browser caches histories and cookies after EVERY session and delete old files when I don t need them So what is behind the quot theft quot of my hard disk space Thank you in advance for your time and answers nbsp

A:Solved: Solved: Is it normal to lose about 01. GB (10 MB) of free disk space per DAY?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-is-it-normal-to-lose-about-01-gb-10-mb-of-free-disk-space-per-day.609156/
Relevancy 16.34%

I did a scan using NoAdware v Unregistered version and detected the following Backdoor GWGhoHKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software MicRegValue and Worm that trys to spread itself and a detected missed Solved: Solved: worm NoAdware NAV2005 allows unauthorized access to your PC I tried Solved: Solved: NoAdware detected a worm NAV2005 missed to locate this with RegEdit Solved: Solved: NoAdware detected a worm NAV2005 missed and didn t find it no surprise there as I m rather a novice at this and with RegCleaner Here s the current log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Gold Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C PROGRAM FILES ROXIO GOBACK GBPOLL EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED DJSNETCN EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCEVTMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCSETMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS IWP NPFMNTOR EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C WINDOWS STARTUPMONITOR EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCPD-LC SYMLCSVC EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCAPP EXE C PROGRAM FILES EARTHLINK TOTALACCESS SPYWARE BLOCKER SPYWAREBLOCKER EXE C PROGRAM FILES ROXIO GOBACK GBTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES CALLWAVE IAM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED SNDSRVC EXE C PROGRAM FILES EARTHLINK TOTALACCESS TASKPANL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SLRUNDLL EXE C PROGRAM FILES EARTHLINK TOTALACCESS FASTLANE IPCLIENT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http start earthlink net AL Search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http start earthlink net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http start earthlink net AL Search R - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - F B - C- -A B -D BD DCBB - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess ElnIE dll R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO EarthLink Popup Blocker - B F E - F - a-B -B E C EDF - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR TOOLS IESDPB DLL O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR TOOLS IESDSG DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar EarthLink Toolbar - D F B - - AF- -B FA D E - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run Run StartupMonitor StartupMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Symantec Core LC C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe start O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMN... Read more

Relevancy 16.34%

I'm sure i'm not the only one who's had these problems. Every time I try to connect Calculator to Computer via TI-Connect, I end up getting some obscure TI error, such as 'Access is Denied' or 'The System Can't Find the File Specified'. Recently, however, I solved the problem, and learned some things about TI-Connect in the process.
Ti-Connect is incredibly stupid. It will not allow you to transfer files to your calculator unless you are running the latest operating system on your calculator. For me, as soon as I upgraded to 2.55 mp for TI-84+, everything worked perfectly.
The reason that when you reboot w/o internet connection and it works fine is that TI-Connect always connects to the internet upon boot-up to check if you are running the latest OS. Don't ask me why. It's either a blindingly stupid bug, or a stupendously short-sighted feature.
Tell all your friends.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ti-connect-problems-solved-access-is-denied-et-cetera.994476/
Relevancy 16.34%

I want to share how I solved these problems to Boot separately Solved; Problem Solved Sleep Hang give back to the many posters I read here who helped Boot Hang Solved; separately Sleep Problem Solved me First the sleep problem The second day after I installed Windows the computer went to hybrid sleep s overnight When I moved the mouse the case light came on the fans roared to life and ----- nothing Black screen A plain old hibernation worked fine but a plain old s sleep did not s did work After reading and trying many good ideas presented here but with no change in results I gave it my last idea I unplugged the P S from the mains I opened the case and I firmly pressed on the graphics card and the graphics card power connectors to make sure it was all properly seated You guessed it I've had not one problem with sleep since I'm using my board's default settings auto with ACPI and ACPI enabled for anyone who is wondering I'm guessing that at some point in the first day I slightly dislodged the graphics card It is strange that the computer booted and otherwise behaved normally but it did On to the boot hang There was a second boot delay on some reboots The delay only occurred after the computer was powered up and in Windows for more than approx minutes It hung right at quot Windows Starting quot and precisely seconds later the first firefly would appear and continue with a normal Windows boot First I determined from the boot log that the boot only really started when the firefly appeared and that everything from running a start repair to sfc revealed no problems So it seemed to be the hand off between the BIOS and the OS where the problem was occurring I then tried clearing the CMOS That and various BIOS settings and tweaks didn't work until I finally disabled Legacy USB There is a minor inconvenience in doing that if I need to get into safe mode with my USB keyboard but it is easy to go into setup and enable it if need be In the mean time I have reasonably quick reboots seconds according to Restart -Time I certainly no longer have a hang in the Windows boot -- everything keeps moving along This same computer booted Windows XP SP fine with Legacy USB enabled But hey there could be any number of reasons for that up to and including that I was using IDE in XP and am using AHCI in Win I hope that by writing this it will help someone else or give someone else an idea as to how to solve these problems One piece of advice don't give up until you've tried everything you can think of If you can still think of something to try short of blowing up the computer do it It took me several days to solve the sleep problem and over a week to solve the boot problem -- especially fun because I had to wait at least minutes between reboots to test it

A:Boot Hang Solved; separately Sleep Problem Solved

Thanks for giving back!!! +rep

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/24199-boot-hang-solved-separately-sleep-problem-solved.html
Relevancy 16.34%

Windows XP on laptop Started running real slow then after several reboots could not get into windows Message said missing or corrupt System Config file Was Missing Solved: System32/Config file Solved: or Corrupted able to use Bart s online instructions to create a disk to get back into Windows but system still running very slow and hangs a lot Please see my HijackThis Log below I tried running Adaware but it kept hanging at a CDSL fiile Also I tried to uninstall AOL from my computer and it left a lot of dangling files Is there a clean-up for that Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS Solved: Solved: Missing or Corrupted System32/Config file system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Nikon NkView NkvMon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC Solved: Solved: Missing or Corrupted System32/Config file EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CeEPwrSvc exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https login yahoo com config logi ner amp pkg amp stepid amp done http mail yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshiba com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe O - HKLM Run CeEKEY C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe O - HKLM Run TPNF C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run CeEPOWER C Program Files TOS... Read more

Relevancy 16.34%

Got hit by Vundo a couple of days ago but was able to clean up thanks to priceless support from D Trojanator Just did a successful system update from Windows SP to SP and a couple of hours later this pop-up message appeared WEBQUOTE Message posting service I m translating from French Message Solved: but after solved Vundo update Windows corrupted registery from SYSTEM to ALERT on Windows has encountered an Internal Error Your Windows registery is corrupted We recommend a complete system scan Visit Solved: Vundo solved but registery corrupted after Windows update http FixtheReg net To repair now WEBQUOTE And then a few minutes later the same pop-up message but with a different url http FixReg com Is this problem related to a trojan vundo b collateral damage while fixing trojan vundo c updating windows system Can anyone help me again Thank you in advance In case it is needed here is my latest HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Fichiers communs Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security ccPxySvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT LogWatNT exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C PROGRA SYMPAT GESTIO app pppoeservice exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Fichiers communs Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINNT system internat exe C Program Files Le Robert Le Petit Robert prhyper exe C WINNT System spool DRIVERS W X E S I G EXE C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C PROGRA SYMPAT GESTIO app EnterNet exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sympatico ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Liens O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Fichiers communs Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Fichiers communs Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX C WINNT System spool DRIVERS W X E S I G EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run Ink Monitor C Program Files EPSON Ink Monitor InkMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Fichiers communs Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKCU Run internat exe internat exe O - HKCU Run Le Petit Robert Hyperappel C Program Files Le Robert Le Petit Robert prhyper exe O - HKCU Run EPSON Stylus CX C WINNT System spool DRIVERS W X E S I G EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX quot M quot Stylus CX quot EF quot HKCU quot O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Extra context menu item amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htm... Read more

A:Solved: Vundo solved but registery corrupted after Windows update

Disable Messenger - http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vundo-solved-but-registery-corrupted-after-windows-update.406854/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello People

Whenever I play a .mov file in Quicktime, no matter what movie it is, it always shows a woman dancing in front of a webcam then opens Adult Friend Finder on the net. It's really annoying and it's causing my computer and internet to run a bit slower than usual. I've tried Adaware SE, Spybot, Hijackthis and Spydoctor and I don't know where the virus is, can anyone help please?

Many Thanks

JayJay1306

Relevancy 16.34%

I recently purchased The Harold Lloyd Comedy Collection DVD box-set So far I have been unable to access the bonus DVD-ROM which has a number of online features including a good many -D photographs glasses included I did download and open the InterActual software which is needed to view the DVD-ROM InterActual prompted me to insert a disk which I did but I immediately got a message telling me that I didn t have the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player I had an option to attempt to launch the content anyway without the latest MFP however when I tried to do so I got an IE Script Error message Next I attempted to download MFP but it didn t work Instead I noticed a small red X in a box near the top left of the window and the following messages Important Message You may need to click the gold bar at the top of the DVD-ROM use Solved: to online Solved: Unable InterActual view features. to browser window to allow the install When you see the installation completion movie above and text below your installation was successful The installation should only take a minute or two on a k modem Note If a browser Security Warning dialog box appears like the one below Solved: Solved: Unable to use InterActual to view DVD-ROM online features. you will need to click Install to install the player Your computer may require a reboot after auto-installation of the Flash Player ActiveX control if the Flash Player is already in use during the installation process Clicking the gold bar did not help Also I did not get a browser Security Warning dialog box I m wondering now if perhaps changing my Active X settings might help Anyhow I went to download com and it appeared that I was able to download Macromedia Flash Player Still I couldn t get the DVD-ROM to work with InterActual I then checked Add Remove Programs and Belarc to see if I had actually downloaded MFP only to find that it wasn t listed under either one of them I am really confused by all of this and I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who may have a solution for my problem Thank you very much nbsp

A:Solved: Solved: Unable to use InterActual to view DVD-ROM online features.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-unable-to-use-interactual-to-view-dvd-rom-online-features.421042/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi! i just recieved a digital camera for my birthday, but was not givin the floppy disk or cd softwware and was told i had to download it. The camera model is Canon IXY digital 200. I've tried to search Google.com for help but found nothing but Japanese sites. Obviously the camera is from Japan, and obviously i do not understand Japanese...
if there is anyone that does...or even better, anyone that has any suggestions to getting the software for this camera (by downloading it), please respond!!!

thanks a bunch!

Relevancy 15.91%

I have just partitioned my hard drive on my computer running Windows Vista, renamed the partition 'X' and I wish to install Windows XP Professional.
I have loaded the disk, got the Welcome screen up, clicked the green Install Windows' button and I get 'This programme is blocked due to incompatibility problems'. It quotes ....the Windows version on the equipment is more recent than the CD version.
It recommends finding a solution on line...
Once I get to the Windows site, I don't know what to look for.
PLEASE ADVISE...

Should I have done more in setting up the partition (which is already in NTFS format.)
I have to do this myself as I am not in a locality with ready help on hand.
I am running a Compaq with AMD Athlon 64 X2 D C Processor with 2.87GB of memory.
Also, where do I disable the security for this download?
Many thanks.

A:Solved: Solved: Trying to load XP on a HD partition with Vista pre-loaded

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-trying-to-load-xp-on-a-hd-partition-with-vista-pre-loaded.646885/
Relevancy 15.91%

All of a sudden, the desktop icon for the recycle bin disappeared. When I went to 'explore', it shows the recycle bin on the desktop, but darn if I can find it! :-(
I also right clicked on the shortcut icon, and it show that it is on the desktop. I ever rebooted.
I have made a shortcut icon for the desktop - just do not know what ghost got into the system and stole it!

An update - I right-clicked on the desktop, left-clicked on 'personalize', and on the left-hand side, there was a place to 'change desktop icons' - then it opened another window which showed various icons. The checkbox for the recycle bin somehow became unchecked. So, I checked it and it re-appeared on the desktop!
Gremlins at work!

Relevancy 15.91%

Two days ago I checked for updates to Windows (Vista) and saw that one was available. When I tried to download and install it I got an error message with the error code 80072F78. I checked on the Web and saw that this has something to do with the time, date and maybe the Internet Zone. I checked and all of these look good. Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 15.91%

Hi all.

I just installed a new harddrive into my comp (seagate 7200.7 40gb, IDE), to add more space. i set it as slave and the original as master. After booting, it shows up in BIOS but not in Windows.

Ive checked disk management and it doesn't appear even when i rescan disks. Ive also tried partition magic, and it doesn't show there either.

My comp is : winXP home SP2. Thanx in advance.
Nova

Relevancy 15.91%

Have a new Compac with Vista, tried to replace with 2000 SP4. When I try to install 2000 setup from CD I receive a blue screen telling me ACPI BIOS not compatible. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

A:Solved: Solved: Replace Windows Vista with 2000

Welcome to TSG....

I think it is too far to go back operating system wise. People going back to Windows XP are doing better but all of the drivers for that particular operating system are needed and with the BIOS being wrong for windows 2000 you are up the creek with out a paddle.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-replace-windows-vista-with-2000.621025/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi Anyone

I currently use a CanoScan LiDE 60 (60 GBP). Mainly I scan music (300dpi) from books or sheets and then display it on computer screen, half a sheet at a time. But the scans are sometimes not so good i.e. jagged stave lines and hard to read text. This is taken from a flat A4 sheet with good quality clear print. Would the quality of the scan be improved or affected by going to the Canon DR 1210C document scanner (260 GBP)? Or is the higher price only reflecting the document feeder/opening lid/larger flatbed etc. on these type of devices and not the scan quality?

Any knowledgable thoughts on this?

Thanks

A:Solved: Solved: Cheap home scanner or buisness?

Welcome to TSG!

I've just checked on Canon's site, this scanner has a 1200 x 2400 dpi resolution, which is a lot more than enough to make clear image of a clearly printed A4 sheet. Why, I've made great copies with a 100 x 100 dpi scanner. I suspect the color settings are wrong. If you scan in black & white mode, that can be really ugly. Try with grayscale or color mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-cheap-home-scanner-or-buisness.495570/
Relevancy 15.91%

I recently upgraded from Windows 98SE to XP on my Compaq Presario 17XL265 laptop. I have a small hard drive and need to conserve space. I just added memory and by doing so I lost about 500 mb of disk space. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Larry

Relevancy 15.91%

Ok guys I've just sorted out my black screen problem I know so many cases of black screen are different but I thought I'll post mine so you can check if it works for you SOLVED Screen [SOLVED] 7 Windows Black problem First open up an image editor Take a print screen Ctrl V it into the image editor IF YOU SEE YOU HAVE WINDOWS SCREENS BUT ONLY MONITOR THEN THIS IS YOUR SOLUTION If not and you still have black screen sorry I can't [SOLVED] Windows 7 Black Screen problem SOLVED help you Start gt Devices and Printers You should see two monitors right click the on the left Likely to be the default although both monitors are actually the same because you only have one On the quot Multiple Displays quot drop down menu select Duplicate these displays Done I am aware this is a quick fix and doesnt get to the root of the problem but at least it works I also disabled the monitor on the right properties advanced properties disable Another way to check if this is your problem without print screen is if your mouse goes off the right side of your screen but stays within the top left and bottom parameters Hope this helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-black-screen-problem-solved-541532.html
Relevancy 15.91%

I have had my little 10" dell for a year and put up with low volumn. today I found the problem. first off you need to check for updated drivers for your audio devices. I updated. helped a little but still to low.

Here is what you need to check to see if you have the same problem I had an fixed.

Control panel - sound and audio device - check to see that speaker volumn is set to high - then go back to speaker settings - click advanced

speaker setup should have Laptop stereo speakers

mine said desktop speakers, which was wrong. so I clicked the dropdown and chose laptop stereo speakers, aply and ok

My netbook came with this problem. I am sure glad to be able to hear music now on my littlle dell netbook.

hope this helps you, if you are experiencing the same agrivation.

becky

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-netbook-volumn-problem-solved.964885/
Relevancy 15.91%

The older I get the more I seem to forget. I know I can see all the files loaded at startup by going thru msconfig and listed under startup. If you accidently turn something off and later try to use whatever program needs it will it load then or do you have to go back and reboot. So much loads and sometimes is never used and these files are then a drag. Right?

CarrollM

Relevancy 15.91%

Hi. I am missing copies of several old tax returns that I need to consult again. I have the .tax file but not the Turbotax programs that generated them. Will Adobe Acrobat convert the .tax file to pdf? I do have Adobe Acrobat versions 4.0 and 5.0, but nothing newer. Will these programs do the job? Am willing to buy the current version (8.0) if it will do the job. Thanks for your help.

A:Solved: Solved: Adobe Acrobat - can it convert .tax files to pdf?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-adobe-acrobat-can-it-convert-tax-files-to-pdf.621754/
Relevancy 15.91%

Understand the solution could not be discussused or advised upon - however much to my dismay the solution was a trap for young players or novices -

CHECK the size of the file - I was trying to copy a file greater than 4.7GB.
What I needed was to Transcode/convert the file size from DVD9 to 4.7 GB.format -

Simple when you know the tricks.

Anyhow folks appreciate the posting - someone may learn from my mistakes

Marburg

A:Solved: Re Uncorrectable Read Errors - Nero7 Solved

What exactly are you talking about? I'm afraid I can't make heads or tails out of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-re-uncorrectable-read-errors-nero7-solved.720339/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hello,

You folks have really helped me in the past and I'm sure you won't let me down this time.

I can't get Flash Player to work for both users. It will work for the one who installed it on their side but not the other. I have tried everything I can think of and things other people have suggested. I am running XP. I uninstalled it and now I can't get it to install on either side.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave