Windows Support Forum

New laptop, Wireless wont work anymore

Q: New laptop, Wireless wont work anymore

I used to have a laptop connected with wireless (netgear WG511) through a router (D-link) to my main computer with the internet.

Yesterday I got a new laptop, upgrading from an IBM r40 to an r52, and was wondering how to get the wireless network working again. The r52 appears to have a wireless card built in, and can find networks, as it can find my neighbours one (but cant connect)

I tried installing the Netgear external wireless card, but that didnt do anything except make a new network connection, which also didnt work.

If there is any other information thats needed, please let me know cos I really dont have much idea at all...

Both computers run Windows XP

Cheers

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New laptop, Wireless wont work anymore

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.99%

I've had an external monitor hooked up to my laptop for ages, showing duplicate screen
--same screen as laptop. Now suddently it went blank, The monitor works fine.

How do I get it to show the laptop screen again. I went to control pannel and display and properties and it seems to be monitor 2. If I click the extend desktop box, I get my screensaver on the external but nothing else-- it doesn't change when my laptop display does.

I could really use the monitor back. Any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 82.56%

Help! this is driving me nuts!!
My laptop connected wirelessly to the bt hub with no problems for weeks (I have Windows Vista)
then suddenly, I cannot get on the internet
I know the BT hub is not at fault (the pc works perfectly)
and my lapton SAYS I am connected
yet despite this I cannot get IE to load it says there is a connection problem
whatever I try doesnt work
I have tried system restore - that didnt help
I have tried clicking on repair but that hasnt helped
what else can I try to do to fix it???

A:why wont my wireless laptop connect to IE anymore??

hi dmcd,

It sounds like you may be having DNS issues (DNS is what turns network addresses in to friendly names like www.google.com).

Try these steps first to see if it is a dns issue.

1) Click START > RUN > cmd > OK
2) In the black screen that opens type this:
ping www.google.com and press enter
(it will either come back saying "Reply from...." or "request timed out...")
3) Now in the black screen type:
ping 216.239.59.103 and press enter.

If the first one came back as "Request Timed Out" but the second came back as "Reply From..." then it is a DNS issue. If not then post back and we will try something else.

However to try and resolve the DNS problem do this in the black screen we had open before.

ipconfig /release <enter>
ipconfig /renew <enter>
ipconfig /flushdns <enter>
ipconfig /register <enter>

some of those commands can take a little while to run through, so if it looks like it has hung, just be patient and wait a little longer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-wont-my-wireless-laptop-connect-to-ie-anymore.739592/
Relevancy 71.81%

So, we have multiple computers that the wireless capability stops working randomly and can be fixed by going in to the BIOS and resetting it to the defaults.

Any idea why?

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi I have got a acer aspire laptop with vista home premium the problem i have is that the wireless facility used to work perfectly then i had a a couple of Windows Updates to download and then the next day the wireless never worked The laptop wont let me connect to the work - wont 5630 aspire acer laptop wireless net I have exhausted everything with Netgear about my Router and it is definately not my Router I can access the net via a ethernet cable connected to my router via my laptop There is a cable from my modem to my router and every thing runs like a dream Until i disconnect cable from laptop and try to connect to my network The Network says connected acer aspire 5630 laptop - wireless wont work but with limited access The Windows Network Diagnostics window appears saying quot The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection is not correctly configured to use the IP protocol I have tried the Manage Network connections route but to no avail The window which comes up says quot network adapter Intel R PRO Wireless abg Network Connection quot is experiencing driver or hardware related issues quot I have gone on my Driver and looked for updates but the system says that it is up to date The other message that appears is quot make sure your Internet Protocol Bindings are correct quot Again i have gone on these properties and made sure IPv and IPv boxes are checked I am really hacked off now because these support helplines dont come cheap and i have just been told ACER charge p a minute and i will probably be on the phone for an hour if i phone them Please be my saviour and restore order in my house Cheers Hutcho nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

My laptop is an Optima Centoris v662 and i recently had Microsoft service pack 3 installed over windows vista. ever since i did, my wireless radio turned off and the switches (fn f10 and the seperate switch just above the keyboard) wont work. my wireless card is a intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945AGB but i dont think that is the problem. Nothing i do helps fix the problem. anyone got advice?

A:My wireless radio switches wont work on my optima laptop

Microsoft service pack 3 - for what - is this a Vista Service Pack or Office Service Pack (I'm not an expert at all the latest releases - and cant find a Vista Sp3 - office 2003 SP3 - but that was released in 2007 i think )

try a restore to before service pack 3 and see if that now allows the switch to work
start>programs>accessories>system tools>system restore>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-radio-switches-wont-work-on-my-optima-laptop.986760/
Relevancy 70.09%

My Internet explorer 6 wont work any more. Instead whenever I try to fire it up it comes back with an error message "the application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000005).Click on OK to terminate the application" If I start in safe mode it works ok. I reinstalled windows 2000 and it rolls back to IE5 which will work ok. As soon as I reinstall IE6 up comes the error message again. A trawl through the net shows that the error message is not confined to problems with IE6 but can affect other packages. Can anyone help?

A:Ie6 wont work anymore

Here's a link for How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP, see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie6-wont-work-anymore.428694/
Relevancy 69.23%

I am running windows vista home premium 32 bit with 17 inch LG monitor, mic and external speakers

My 2 year old got his hands on the PC while I was away and clicked everywhere on the PC, now my mic wont work so i cant voice chat. i disconnected the mic but the built in mic wont work either.

I tried system restore and it didnt fix the problem. I cannot find the option in control panel to check if the mic is muted and turn it back on if thats the case.

Please help me.

P.S. I already know 2 year olds and computers don't go well together so no advice on parenting please. Thank you.

A:microphone wont work anymore

There should be a speaker icon in the system tray (bottom right, next to the clock). Click it to see if the mic volume has been muted or reduced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microphone-wont-work-anymore-401783.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I got a new NB72-SC/SR system board and hooked everything up (I hope). I whent back to playing my games and such, but realised i had no sound, i looked through the manual and could not figure out what i had missed to hook up, but thought maybe someone else could help. I have already tried re-installing windows 98 and that did no good. I saw this place and thought that someone would probably have some suggestions, so here i am, if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for you time,
=)

Relevancy 69.23%

I have been converting my avi files to vob,bup,and ifo files with "vso divxtodvd" so i can play them on my dvd player. I burn the files onto a dvd-rw using nero then i watch em. Now everything worked perfectly the first 4 or 5 times i did it, but now for some reason the picture is black and white is is all scrambled up. The picture is fine when i play it on my pc, but its all screwed up when i play it in my dvd player. Is it possible the disc im using has been erased and reburned too many times to function properly on a regular dvd player?

A:my burned dvd's wont work anymore

From what I have learned in studying the compounds used to make DVD-R/+R disks vs DVD-RW/+RW disks, I would be willing to make an educated guess that it is the fact that you are using the RW media. It really is a media that is intended to be used for backup purposes of large files and "viewed" only occasionally. The stand-alone DVD player is not as forgiving with its laser, processor, etc. as the DVD burner in your PC with respect to accuracy of the burn on the disk and being able to read it. Go the site www.howstuffworks.com and look up how DVD burners work. It will give you some good insight into why you may be having this problem. Regardless, though, stick with the DVD-R/+R media for your movies that you intend to keep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-burned-dvds-wont-work-anymore.358958/
Relevancy 69.23%

i dont know if this has been asked before but i need help after i rebooted all my .exe files just get the unknown program error anyone know how to fix this

Relevancy 69.23%

so i was on Itunes and i wanted to import a folder into my library. Usually when the window pops open for me to search for that folder another window opens saying that a program has stopped working. when i clicked ok then it would close out of Itunes. I then started searching for my music and when that window pops up i would move it away to where it was out of site then finish up with Itunes THEN press ok after I was finished. I does that for alot of programs though. mostly with Itunes, Music or video converters. Then today I got the window when i was searching for the music but this time it has said Irunes has stopped working. after attempting to move it and continue i found that it would not let me. Itunes shut down. now it will not come back on and i have tried everything i could think of. help?

A:Itunes..wont work anymore.

Okay its working. I updated Itunes but I still get that window popping up. Not the "Itunes has stopped working" pop up. the first one i got. It says like COM. Surreget has stopped working.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345881/ituneswont-work-anymore/
Relevancy 68.37%

So I went to Best Buy to get a gaming computer letting the sales associate know right off the anymore Wont 660 GTX work GEFORCE EVGA bat that i will not understand all the technical talk and whizkid jargon that he would normally use to entice people He led me to a computer HP Envy with two terabytes of memory and gigs of RAM I said i would take it but they only had the floor model as they were out of stock i got the floor model because i did not want to leave without a computer i also told the sales associate i wanted a graphics card that would allow me to play any game currently on the market in with no problems whatsoever They led me to a EVGA GEFORCE GTX 660 Wont work anymore video of some card called quot the titan quot and i refused when i found out it cost near So i bought the GB EVGA GeForce GTX for around I had problems with the computer not working with the video card a number of beeps going off Geek squad told me that it meant the power supply was insufficient So i got a new power supply installed it then installed the video card I think we installed the software first then installed the card but i m not on that This was back in All was well until my computer got infected and i had to reboot it with the system recovery discs i got from HP I tried installing my video card again after i finished the recovery because the geek squad guys recommended that i disconnect it while resetting the computer i heard the beeping sounds again and there was no video on my screen i was confused because the power supply hadn t changed since the last time it worked After a while the beeping suddenly stopped but there was still a lack of video on the screen Geek squad recommended that i try installing the software first then installing the hardware i tried that but the software won t install because it doesn t detect any compatible hardware i cant start up the computer with the card installed because no video shows on the screen i started the computer without the card and then against my better judgment i installed the card with the computer running the fan on the card went full speed then slowed down to a steady speed but the computer still didn t show the video card and i couldnt install the software I can t get the geek squad guys to actually put hands on the computer because then they would have to charge a small fortune Can anyone help has anyone else had this problem I read in another thread that somebody had a problem with a corrupt EDID external display identification device on their monitor i m using a quot SEIKI TV as my computer screen I don t know if it s feasible for that to be my problem or if anyone knows how to fix that if it is i would be incredibly happy if that was it and it was a simple fix Here are the specs i got from the SysInfo program thing on this site Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard AF Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Please help I wanted to play Evolve with my dad back home but sadly without the video card i cannot P S on the power supply i bought there s a red swith with the numbers and when you slide the switch to the other side i have no idea what it does but a friend of mine in an attempt to help switched it over to I don t know if that is the problem or if it doesn t matter at all but i m told every bit of information helps sorry for such a long post gt lt and thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello, I just bought this logitech headset 3 days ago and it worked fine on a video game called counter strike source when for 2 days but today i tried using it on counter strike source but now it wont work anymore. I went to control panel and i enabled my headset on playback and recording but no response on counter strike. It only works on microsoft speech recognition but not on sound recorder or steam. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!

I even went to Control Panel > Sounds > Recording > Logitech USB Headset > Properties > Levels > Enable Sound

SO, AFTER I DO THAT, I CLICK OK AND THEN OK AGAIN. So I go back on steam and test out the microphone and it doesn't work so i go back to "LEVELS" and then the sound is disabled AGAIN!

I NEED HELP

A:Logitech Headset wont work anymore

This is universal advice for all gamers, but they never listen:

MAKE RESTORE POINTS AFTER INSTALLATION OF EACH AND EVERY LARGE GAME

Anyway...

What do you mean by "steam?"

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/276081-logitech-headset-wont-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Alright so ive always got internet with an Ethernet cable plugged straight into my motherboard (MSI K8N nforce4) for a stready 2 years now.

I had to unplug my power supply to test something for a friend and when I plugged everything back in all of a sudden my desktop does NOT recognize ANY ethernet cable plugged into it.

Straight from modem, no router, no BS, just plain ethernet cord
how did this happen, and what can i do to fix it? please help

thanks

Relevancy 68.37%

It started about a month ago. I had went on a trip back to my college, and when i tried to use google chrome there, it wouldnt work. It simply loads and loads and does nothing. Then after a while it gives me an option to let it continue to load or to kill the page. ive tried Antimalware bytes, Super Antispyware, avast, and McAfee free scanner plus. Nothing seems to work. PLEASE HELP!

A:Google Chrome wont work anymore

Hi -
Do you have any other browsers on your system at this time - Just a few first few basic steps to look at to begin with -
Most people still have Internet Explorer or Firefox installed - If you do have any of these installed then is there any problems with them ??
Have you attempted to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it ?? As Chrome is an add on , retry I.E. 7 or I.E. 8 first -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359191/google-chrome-wont-work-anymore/
Relevancy 68.37%

Concerning E-MU SOundcard System Pentium GHz duel core gb ram This problem seems to have begun occouring since i foolishly used quot oxygen quot s cracked version of logic Platinum this had to be done for a course i am on and no i dont have or o to spend on a mac and logic The program itself has ran fine with my hardware and was working for a week or two with a few hicups but nothing major Recently my outboard box The preamp section wont Why AGRGG! 1820 EMU anymore?!!!grr work my to my E-MU soundcard started to play up and occasionally fail to startup This was resolved with a simple un-install re-install Howver it got more and more common over the last few days until every time i started my computer the computer would reboot AGRGG! Why wont my EMU 1820 work anymore?!!!grr whenever it got to the point where the outboard box for the would normally initialize i would have to go into safe mode uninstall the hardware restart and then reinstall I have tried the downloadable drivers from your site and these do not make any differnce as to the original packaged ones and restart This morning Now it will not start at all with the hardware installed whenever the outbpoard box attempts to initialize it restarts Several times as well i have encounterred blue screen crashes during the reinstallation of the drivers and am told that windows must restart to prevent damage to the system and since these mid install crashes i am also getting a message upon startup announcing quot The applkication DLL C windows system CTDPROXY dll is not a valid windows image quot Device manager informs me that the quot OHCI Compliant IEEE Host controller quot in PCI Slot - where the card is cannot start Code I presume this is the connection to the outboard box And that the Multimedia Audio controller in PCI slot is not configured correctly Code Startup of windows continues to anounce it has found the hardware E-MU E-DSP Audio processor WDM but as i say will crash every time i try and install via windows or via your own setup I suspect there may be prolems involving the dll files for the equipment but i am unsure which it is involved with and how precisly these can be replaced Originally when this problem began the audio card was fine and quot Patchmix DSP quot continued to load hapilly but simply reported that the outboard box was not responding putting all of the associated channels as red The wire connection remains in a good condition free from defects I have tried using system restore to points well previous to any sign of this trouble my earliest available was August st and this has no effect on the issue I was unsure of exactly what i should be able to tell you but feel free to pose queries and i will do my best to answer them Thanks alot guys nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello Lately when I go to wont youtube videos anymore work youtube to watch a video I cant even watch any of youtube videos wont work anymore them because a little quot wheel quot just keeps going around every few minutes at intervals I asked about it at another forum and they said something about that they thought it was due to probably my internet speed is slowed down due to malware problems But I cant seem to get things fixed They gave me a link malwarebytes or something like that to download a program but I just get a quot page not found quot when I go there They said thats probably because I DO have malware problems But anyway so I thought I finally found a free program called Stopzilla But after downloading it and trying to run the program when I click quot Run quot it just sort of disappears into oblivion and I cant figure out where Im supposed to find it to do anything with it when I click the exe file thing I mean please excuse my complete computer ignorance But anyway today I DID manage to figure out my other problem on my own where my C drive wouldnt open when I clicked on it I asked those same guys about it and just kept getting a run-around so finally I went online and found this place here and found a quot fix-it quot thing and fixed that So I figured I might have some luck if I asked you about my other problem First of all how do I find where to click the Stopzilla program after downloading it and clicking quot run quot I thought I might see something on my desktop or maybe if I clicked on quot Start quot and look at my start menu but no I cant find anything Or should I be using a different free program I do have Lava Soft and ran that but to no avail And it wont allow me to update anything on that for some reason so it probably doesnt take care of any of the latest bugs or anything anyway Maybe if I figure out about the malware program it will also fix my youtube problem Im determined its one problem down and two more to go Can anyone please help me Claudia nbsp

A:youtube videos wont work anymore

Hiya and welcome to Tech Support Guy

Is this just a general question regarding malware removal programs, or do you suspect that there are malicious files on your computer?

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/youtube-videos-wont-work-anymore.834201/
Relevancy 67.51%

Tried everything Adaware spybot Kaspersky labs - found nothing Here are the HJT and Combofix logs Logfile of Trend Micro Anymore Programs Wont Major Problems! Several Work HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC WINDOWS system hphmon Major Problems! Several Programs Wont Work Anymore exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files iBurst Dashboard V DashboardLauncher exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exeC Program Files iBurst iBurst UTL EXEC Program Files iBurst Terminal iBurst Terminal UTL EXEC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Major Problems! Several Programs Wont Work Anymore SMAgent exeC Program Major Problems! Several Programs Wont Work Anymore Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Documents and Settings customer Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news google com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run eFax quot C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe quot RO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exeO - HKLM Run LXCFCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCFtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimizedO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exeO - HKCU Run Spark C Program Files waMessenger Spark exeO - HKUS S- - - Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Global Startup Bluetooth lnk O - Global Startup Dashboard Launcher lnk O - Global Startup eFax lnk C Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exeO - Global Startup iBurst Modem UTL lnk O - Global Startup iBurst Terminal UTL lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item Send To amp Bluetooth - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htmO - Extra button Web Anti-Virus statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus SCIEPlgn dllO - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D -... Read more

A:Major Problems! Several Programs Wont Work Anymore

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum. My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Apologies for the late response,as i'm sure you can appreciate we are extremely busy.If you've already recieved help at another forum and your issues have been resolved,or you're presently recieving help elsewhere then please let us know.If you have not followed the info in the link below prior to posting your log then please do so now:Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/If you still require help,please post a new Hijackthis log into this topic in your next reply.Also post a detailed description of the issues you're experiencing.*Note*Post all reports/logs directly into this topic,not as attachments or inside code boxes,thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130852/major-problems-several-programs-wont-work-anymore/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a 20? gateway 900G monitor. It was working fine for the 3 years I have had it. Then randomly today I restarted my computer and it wouldn?t work. I boot in safe mode and it works fine. Just when I get past the windows loading screen it then tells me that I have no signal. This happens in both XP and Vista. Linux runs fine still. The computer tells me it cannot find a monitor plugged in at all. The video card I have is a two DVI port X1650 pro. I used a DVI to VGA converter and connected a second VGA monitor to the second port and Windows boots just fine in that monitor but the other one once again went blank past the boot screen. I have no idea why my monitor won?t work. My computer is a 3.4 GHZ Pentium 4 with 3 gigs of ram.

A:Monitor wont work anymore aftor booting

Boot into the Safe Mode and select VGA mode... Restart the system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-work-anymore-aftor-booting.99794/
Relevancy 67.08%

So this is an interesting problem I recently upgrade my graphics card Before I upgraded I was able to use my dlink ac router plus an extender to get amazing range into a separate building from where my router is Wireless wont detect anymore networks PC set up After I installed a new graphics card the extender didn't seem to have the same affect I brought my pc into the same building as the router and could connect no problem Also other devices all of a sudden no longer connect to the extender My PC wont detect Wireless networks anymore Xbox my samsung galaxy neither will connect to any network in the other building Now i bought a new extender same problem not the same range I've currently got my pc PC wont detect Wireless networks anymore right beside the router and for a day or so I was able to connect wirelessly to the router NOW all of a sudden my PC doesn't detect any networks It will only work if I have it hardwired in Much confusion going on The graphics card I upgraded to was the ASUS gtx mini My onboard network adapter is Ralink RT R bgn I have the most recent drivers for both I'm checking the firmware for the router now Most confusion part is that it USED to work just fine Then out of no where it stopped giving me the range I've looked into changing channels on my router but don't know which channel to switch it to Thanks for your time Edit Firmware is all up to date

A:PC wont detect Wireless networks anymore

If you're having issues with other devices, then I'd say that a coincidence of you installing your GPU and not being able to connect.

Reboot the main router by power cycling it (unplugging it for about 30 seconds, and re-plugging it in).

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/pc-wont-detect-wireless-networks-anymore-276683/
Relevancy 67.08%

How do i fix this?

I added my specs, just in case it helps. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+, x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 447 Mb
Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 2 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76216 MB, Free - 64321 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., Kelut , 2.02, MB-1234567890
Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2, Updated and Enabled

A:My SD Drive doesn't work anymore and one of my usb drives wont read.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-sd-drive-doesnt-work-anymore-and-one-of-my-usb-drives-wont-read.971832/
Relevancy 65.36%

My Asus Q550LF crapped out on me. I was browsing when a whole bunch of black rectangles appeared on my screen, about an inch long. I restarted my computer thinking it just froze or something. I could occasionally get to the desktop page if I unplugged the charger but now it doesn't even turn on. It'll make one beep when I push the power button but that's it. What might the issue be and is it gonna be expensive? Because this computer has been one of the worst I have ever owned and I would just scrap it or something if it might end up being costly.

A:Laptop wont turn on anymore

How old is it? It sounds like it could be a multiple of hardware failures including the motherboard. The black rectangles sounds like what we call video card artifacting which means the video card is dying. But the fact that it is not even booting up could point to a failed hard drive. Again, it could be anything.

Asus is known for poor customer service but you could try giving them a call.

Do you know anyone who can do some diagnostics on it? I certainly would be checking out the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on-anymore.214221/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, i have an ASUS X55VD and the wireless adapter isn't working anymore. I tried troubleshooting, reinstalling the ASUS drivers (Ralink and Atheros drivers), uninstalling and uninstalling & deleting the driver from device manager. I tried uninstalling the antivirus (ESET SS 8). The wired connection is working fine.

How it started giving errors: I left it in Sleep mode for 2 days, unplugged. After this i did a restart and the wireless adapter was off. I turned it on using the Wireless Console 3 (provided by the laptop CD from ASUS), the wireless LED stays constant ON, although in Network and Sharing center, the wireless connection is Disabled. Re-enabling it from there it just says Enabling... -> Enabled but it still remains Disabled. After this i started applying the fixes mentioned above. Whenever i start the laptop now the Wireless is disabled and i don't know what else to try.

A:Wireless Network Adapter doesn't work anymore

I don't want a definite solution, just..i don't know what else to try. Can someone help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/354343-wireless-network-adapter-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop has a cracked screen and all I did was change the max memory in the msconfig menu and reset it and now it says no signal on my TV Help Plz!

A:my laptop wont connect to my tv via hdmi anymore

Did you lose track of your original thread?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548000/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-my-tv-via-hdmi-anymore/
Relevancy 64.93%

Went I load up the computer it said that ntldr is missing.

I cant load the computer anymore. Please help me someone.

A:My Laptop wont boot up anymore, I cant even REFORMAT it.

Take a look at this article HERE. It may help.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-boot-up-anymore-i-cant-even-reformat-it.56942/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been using a laptop to stream videos through my xbox for over years until recently I setup a wireless network in the house to do this All was fine until days ago I use a Dell Inspiron with Windows I have a Dell Wireless Minicard a cisco router model Since my laptop was infected by Malware my network has not worked since I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti Malware to get rid of it and it appeared to work I got internet access back However I still cannot connect to my network visible in the Available Network list as normal or stream any media Windows Media Centre also has stopped opening and gives me the small box saying windows is checking for a solution then closes with nothing I can however open WMC if I right click and run as administrator I have disabled all other network adaptors only the Dell minicad is enabled and also tried disabling and enabling this main one with no effect All problems point to the fact that my laptop can no longer connect to the home network but I cant figure out why Another possibly unrelated problem is occuring at boot up where I get an error message saying Bluetooth Software License not found - Again this never happened before the Malware infection Can someone please help as laptop to connec wont anymore? Network this is driving me mad Thanks in advance laptop wont connec to Network anymore? nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connec-to-network-anymore.1005077/
Relevancy 64.93%

My Averatec N1000 laptop suddenly stopped access to networks. Ive tried everything I can think of. Dont know where "wireless radio switch" is if i even have one. Cant seem to even find any info in configuration on what to try. It says all of my devices are working properly as far as wireless devices, but at the same time says that there is no network connection.

A:My laptop wont read networks anymore

Is this your machine? Is this the switch you're looking for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-read-networks-anymore.826926/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have had my Acer windows vista laptop for about 3 years but it has only been this past year it has stopped connecting to the internet, which means i have to use a cable to access the internet, but im pretty sure its not the ruter because my brothers laptop connects fine, and his is a very old laptop! Any help please??

A:My laptop wont connect to the internet anymore!

Moved to Windows support for more help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-anymore-669497.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok here we go, i got my laptop last year and i got a virus about 6 months ago. I had my laptop reset completely to factory settings. Before i got the virus and reset i could play: sims 3,democracy,fifa,call of duty, downloaded 3d games. Now i cant play any games hardly the screen goes black and it has an error on every single one then it says windows has stopped working

Info

Device:

name: SiS mirage 3 graphics
manufacturer: Silicon intergrated systems corp.
chip type: SiS672 series
DAC type: internal
Approx memory: 184mb
display mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60hz)
monitor: Generic Pnp monitor

Directx features:

directdraw: enabled
direct3d: enabled

Drivers:

Main driver: SISGRUMD.dll,SiSclone.dll,SiSfunc.dl
version: 8.14.0010.518 (english)
Date: 30/06/2010
WHQL logo'd: Yes
DDI version: 9Ex

please help me thanks i want to be able to play all the games i could before.

A:My laptop wont play games anymore

We need the model number and make of your laptop, as well as full system specs to help.
Although I can say right now, your integrated graphics sucks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-play-games-anymore.155366/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello all I'm very new to the board so I hope I placed this topic in the right forum For some reason I cannot connect to the internet anymore on my hp laptop It stopped working about a few months ago but I have other computers in the house so I just ignored it for a while hoping that it will just fix itself wishful thinking lol Every time I try to open up an internet browser the message quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot is the only thing that shows up What's even more strange is that there are other HP my not work Internet anymore laptop will on laptops in my house all running off of a wireless Internet will not work anymore on my HP laptop internet router but they all connect to the Internet will not work anymore on my HP laptop internet just fine I've tired rebooting the laptop restarting the internet etc I'm not a computer genius so it could be a number of Internet will not work anymore on my HP laptop issues I don't know what's going on Some additional info -My laptop is a Microsoft XP Version Home Edition HP Pavillion dv -My computer has been currently set to automatically add updates -I recently updated my iTunes about two months ago and I can't place my purchased songs on my iPod because I can't connect to the iTunes store which requires internet connection -This is the only laptop that uses a Belkin N Wireless Notebook Card -I got rid of a virus off the computer last December but it did not affect my internet connection it still was working at the time -It says the wireless signal strength is excellent however it also says quot Wireless Network Connection is not connected quot I've tried repairing it but it wouldn't even do that -It also says quot Local Area Connection A network cable is unplugged quot but I don't use any cords for this laptop anyway I use wireless internet for it -Here's what I got when I ran a Diagnostic log today hopefully it's readable Last diagnostic run time Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Network connection Name Wireless Network Connection Device Broadcom b g WLAN MediaType LAN SubMediaType WIRELESS info Network connection Name Wireless Network Connection Device Belkin N Wireless Notebook Card MediaType LAN SubMediaType WIRELESS info Network connection Name Connection Device Net Adapter MediaType LAN SubMediaType warn This machine has more than one Ethernet or more than one Wireless adapter info Redirecting user to support call HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error connecting to www hotmail com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved error Could not make an HTTP connection error Could not make an HTTPS connection error Could not make an FTP connection I'd appreciate any help that I can get Thanks so much in advance

A:Internet will not work anymore on my HP laptop

<<Local Area Connection: A network cable is unplugged", but I don't use any cords for this laptop anyway. I use wireless internet for it.>>

Probably indicates that your wired, onboard NIC is not connected. You can disable this in the BIOS, if you like.

As for your wireless connection...try deleting the connection and setting it up anew.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251649/internet-will-not-work-anymore-on-my-hp-laptop/
Relevancy 64.07%

As I stated in the title, any USB mouse that I connect does not work.
They used to work just a day before.

I tried using wired moused and wireless mouse. Wireless mouse lights up when I insert USB into laptop.

Other USB devices work when I plug them in the same port.

USB mouse is recognized and it says "This device is working properly." in device manager.

I tried all 4 ports in my laptop

It plays the beep usual "usb device connected" beep when I plug in the mouse.

A:All USB mice do not work anymore on laptop

In:
Control Panel->Mouse, under the Hardware tab, what is listed when you have one plugged in?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-usb-mice-do-not-work-anymore-on-laptop-614075.html
Relevancy 64.07%

About 3 days ago my laptop stopped playing videos online. some videos cause the browser to freeze, whilst some just dont work.
When i try and play a video off youtube it takes about 5 minutes, then starts playing. but when i try one off itv player or something it simply wont work.

i have had my computor checked for virus' and deleted everything like that. i have delete my browsing histroy/temporary internet files etc. and now i have run out of things to try!

i have a samsung r530 laptop, if that helps. and it isnt that old (only got it 5 months ago)

please can someone help me.
i am not that good with technological terms, so please can you explain it in simple terms

thank you so much for reading, and please can you help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-play-videos-online-anymore.151303/
Relevancy 64.07%

I changed the maximum memory in my msconfig menu and now my laptop won't connect to my TV anymore and my laptop screen is cracked

A:my screen is cracked and my laptop wont show up on my tv anymore

Sounds like you're having a bad day.
Can you tell us the make and model of your machine, along with a detailed history of what happened on this fateful day?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547826/my-screen-is-cracked-and-my-laptop-wont-show-up-on-my-tv-anymore/
Relevancy 64.07%

When i first got my laptop i could simply put the screen down and my computer would fall asleep. when i would come back to and lift the screen up it would start up at the log in screen. Now when i close the screen and open it back up my computer starts but the screen stay back until I hard restart my whole computer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439703-why-wont-my-laptop-wake-up-opening-screen-anymore.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, I have a Dell 1750 inspiron T4300W7 laptop which worked fine until one night whilst connected to internet via a 3 dongle it just cut off. I have used the dongle many times on this laptop without issue and the dongle still works on my other laptop fine. The Dell laptop now wont connect via any internet method ie wireless or dial up connection, it just says No network access. I run a diagnose and a message said ip address not configured.

I am useless with the tech side please can somebody help

A:Dell Laptop wont connect to internet anymore

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-anymore.989080/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Belkin Wireless Access Point connected to a router. Recently, i switched it off from the mains for a week and when i switched it back on, it wouldnt power up. Anyway i changed the power adapter and got it working. The wireless network was up and running again.

But the next day, the laptop wouldnt detect the access point anymore when it scans for AP's, even though the PC clearly detects it.

So why wont the laptop find the AP? It did work after the power problem so i doubt the APs damaged, and the laptop detects several others in my area.

Note: i have tried reinstalling drivers, updating firmware, and resetting the AP, but no luck

A:laptop wont detect access point anymore

Un-install your wireless network card through Device Manager, reboot and let Windows re-install it. Browse for wireless networks once re-installed.

Do you find it then? If not, let us know and we'll go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-detect-access-point-anymore.80422/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello,
I just bought an external screen to plug on my laptop Inspiron 9400.
This new screen works but the one included with my laptop doesn't work anymore. It is still possible to change the luminosity with Fn+top or fn+bottom but nothing display even during the boot. Fn+F8 (CRT/LCD) just stop and start the external screen. I can't boot or use the special Windows mode because I don't see any information on the laptop screen.
Can you help me please?
Thank you!

Relevancy 63.64%

I made a thread about work anymore? Laptop suddenly doesn't my issue on Laptop suddenly doesn't work anymore? another forum topic and I was redirected here My Problem http www techsupportforum com foru ml post So I did every step that I needed to do - here are the results Attach zip contains Attach txt and ARK txt Btw thanks alot for helping me D My DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFS x NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by yasemin at on - - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users yasemin Documents Contacts Downloads gmer gmer exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank mStart Page about blank uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant Google mCustomizeSearch Google BHO Search Helper EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO ShowBarObj Class A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - c program files acer empowering technology edatasecurity x ActiveToolBand dll BHO Windows Live Aanmelden - Help D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Norton Identity Protection AB C -A EC- f-B FE- B B A F - c program files norton identity safe engine CoIEPlg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO HP Smart BHO Class FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dll TB Norton Identity Safe Toolbar A C - D - BF -BC D- C - c program files norton identity safe engine CoIEPlg dll TB Acer eDataSecurity Management CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - c program files acer empowering technology edatasecurity x eDStoolbar dll TB Norton Identity Safe Toolbar A C - D - bf -BC D- C - c program files norton identity safe engine CoIEPlg dll uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRun CCleaner Monitoring quot c program files ccleaner CCleaner exe quot MONITOR uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe uRunOnce Report c adwcleaner AdwCleaner S txt mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun PLFSetI c windows PLFSetI exe mRun Microsoft Default Manager quot c program files microsoft search enhancement pack default manager DefMgr exe quot -resume mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun IAAnotif c program files intel intel matrix storage manager iaanotif exe mRun ePower DMC c program files acer empowering technology epower ePower DMC exe mRun eAudio quot c program files acer empowering technology eaudio eAudio exe quot uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword IE Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - c windows system GPhotos scr IE Free YouTube to MP Converter - c users yasemin appdata roaming dvdvideosoftiehelpers freeyoutubetomp converter htm IE C - F F- d -B C- C DFE - c program files acer acer bio protection PwdBank exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c program files microsoft offic... Read more

A:Laptop suddenly doesn't work anymore?

iyasuu,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your logs. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please Read! "Who is Helping you?"

You may wish to Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools (near the top), then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/laptop-suddenly-doesnt-work-anymore-939258.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Out of nowhere I first noticed my Blackberry wasnt syncronizing automatically as it used to after I upgraded to BB on HP laptop USB my work dont Dv6 ports anymore I tried the portable HDD which didnt do anything and no flashdrives were regognized I USB ports dont work anymore on my HP Dv6 laptop tried to uninstall BB unsuccessfuly It froze Just coulndt do it When trying to install BB from a CD it didnt want to autorun although the CD was turning I followed a thread to get the DVD working by toggling the autorun option and installed BB I couldnt sync though as none of the USB is working Stragely my logitech mouse works It seems that if a device is USB ports dont work anymore on my HP Dv6 laptop connected in the USB before I start up the machine it works OK when inserted after start-up it doesnt work I have tried MS Fix it for USB ports dont work anymore on my HP Dv6 laptop hardware devices and it has been running for hrs quot resolving quot problems I suspect its not working What can I do Win does not shut down normally when I have connected to the office network For some reason it quot shutting down quot never does On the home network it shuts down normally

A:USB ports dont work anymore on my HP Dv6 laptop

If the port drivers are corrupted eg usbport.sys. They may be repaired with this command
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/108486-usb-ports-dont-work-anymore-my-hp-dv6-laptop.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Dear seven forums, please help me with my problem. I was working on something when my laptop, ACER just suddenly turned off. It was working for about 10mins or so but after that, it suddenly turned off. At the time it was working, i plugged a usb connector from my phone to the latop and an 8g flash drive.. i do this all the time since my phone, a samsung galaxy grand prime only has an 8g internal capacity and i only had a 1g sd card on it. I successfully transferred a video from.my phone to my flash drive but as i was scanning to check some more files to be transferred,poof! It suddenly turned off. As it was turning off, a box of a static-like image appeared decreasing in size to the center of the laptop then blacked out. Please help me with this worrying prob of mine. Thank u and looking forward to ur response..😊

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399310-my-laptop-just-suddenly-turned-off-screen-wont-display-anymore.html
Relevancy 63.21%

here's my problem as near as I can tell a few months ago the wireless connection on my hp laptop stopped quot seeing quot my wireless network Eventually during a scan with my panda security system a virus was found for some reason it is no longer in the logs-but is was I think trojan or sasser in my outlook folders-and it was deleted The wireless seemed to work again but then went back wireless see anymore) (computer doesn't internal my wireless work doesn't to being quot invisible quot to my wireless detector on the laptop I went to HP downloads to see if I could just update the quot driver quot and ended up updating quot system bios quot which seemed to work also for a while then the system goes back to not seeing the wireless I could sometimes do the right-click quot repair quot option to get it to connect but that stops working after a while I think that there is still some residual virus lurking in the system to cause this problem so that is why I am posting here Thanks for any help you can give I am not exactly sure if this is where I attach the dds txt text but will put it here just in case DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Victoria Jerome at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Panda Internet Security Enabled Updated FB - C E- E -B C-A A A C BF FW Panda Personal Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security TPSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C PROGRAM FILES PANDA SECURITY PANDA INTERNET SECURITY WebProxy exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry internal wireless doesn't work (computer doesn't see my wireless anymore) exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k Panda C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PsCtrls exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PavFnSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Security PavShld pavprsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ c program files panda security panda internet security firewall PSHOST EXE C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PsImSvc exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PskSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtMon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtProc exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security APVXDWIN EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C WINDOWS system bcmntray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager ex... Read more

A:internal wireless doesn't work (computer doesn't see my wireless anymore)

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall
===

For AVG antivirus and anti-spyware security software users only.

Quote:

Due to recent changes in AVG and how it interacts with CF, AVG must be uninstalled to run ComboFix. You will get a message from CF stating such.

If AVG will not uninstall, it is first recommended to uninstall it with this AppRemover by Opswat. The AVG uninstaller can be downloaded from here > AppRemover.exe Go to their homepage and you will see they have support for removal of other AV's as well AVG appremover tool.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/internal-wireless-doesnt-work-computer-doesnt-see-my-wireless-anymore-583186.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I recently fought off a virus that wasted days out of my life It also brought about another virus that attacked my external harddrive which I ended up using file recovery to recover and reformat and that's fine and taken care of with nod and malwarebytes I was finally able to finish off the virus but I think it doesn't storage with work devices usb anymore... laptop left behind something on my computer which isn't letting me use usb thumbdrives or my external hardrive My external hardrive which now actually does work on other pc's after reformatting doesn't even show up on my computer after being plugged in only shows up laptop doesn't work with usb storage devices anymore... in safely remove hardware If I plug in a thumbdrive or my ipod it does show up on my computer but laptop doesn't work with usb storage devices anymore... when I try to access it it gives me an error and says quot The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded quot Also my computer's still been somewhat slow even after getting rid of spyware and trojans And I scanned with Uniblue which found tons of registry errors but I noticed that after it quot fixed quot them it made my computer EVEN slower So I reverted back the changes My computer also sometimes freezes when it starts up after all virus abuse It's been happening a little less often lately though Since I've scanned with nod and malwarebytes I don't think I have anymore viruses so what's the problem thanks -V

A:laptop doesn't work with usb storage devices anymore...

Hello sskikos

I think your system is still infected

We cannot help you with malware removal in this forum.
Please read ?Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help ? and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information in the Virus Help Forum
If you cannot complete any step, just miss it out and do what you can, but be sure to include this information in your post.
Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus Help Forum; not back here in this one.

Please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-doesnt-work-with-usb-storage-devices-anymore-371397.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Okay I m a stupid dude who doesn t know jack Laptop Will Not Connect Wireless to Anymore Tablet about computers and knows next to nothing about most of the tech lingo on computers So please About last week Thursday Night going into Friday my laptop tablet was able to connect to the internet Once Friday morning came around the Laptop Tablet Will Not Connect to Wireless Anymore thing stopped connecting to my wireless adapter I looked up what to do and tried about as much Laptop Tablet Will Not Connect to Wireless Anymore as i could understand For example resetting my computer restarting the modem by unplugging it then plugging it back in retyping the password to connect to the wireless connection switching the wifi button on my tablet off and on checking to see if dhcp was enabled and removing the network from the laptops memory amp trying to reconnect anew So far nothing has worked Looked up on google what the problem was but having a hard time with what people are saying when they discuss it because it s not in plain man english So I need help Please and thank you nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

please help

my computer was working fine just untill yesterday, i went into the coffee shop i always go to and suddenly, is wast detecting any networks!

so i went somewhere else, and it wasnt picking up their network either

sometimes, it will detect networks, and connect. but, then after about 5 min, it will disconnect, and show that there are no connections

i ran a bunch of spyware scans to make sure that wasnt the problem (adaware, spybot, McAfee, spydoctor, AVG, EMCO malware destroyer)
and it still wont connect to wireless
hopfully, this doesnt mean i have to replace my wireless card, so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions that would be great

thanks

A:laptop will not connect to wireless networks anymore?!

From your symptoms it sounds like

a. the card is loose or failing;
b. or, less likely, you now have two wireless utilities running.

How about giving us some specifics--brand and model of wireless adapter, operating system and service pack level at least.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wireless-networks-anymore.675884/
Relevancy 62.35%

This problem happened to occur specifically after I had taken my laptop (HP Pavilion dv5000) to my friend's place & connected to their 4G hotspot.
Then I go home & at first my computer recognizes my network & connects but it's not working out. So I reset the router, as usual, & now my laptop isn't finding ANY networks. Obviously have tried resetting router, laptop, etc. multiple times. Going into the network settings in control panel not offering any help...
What's the dealio?

A:Laptop not finding wireless networks anymore

Hi CoolRanchTaco,

Most laptops have a hardware switch to enable or disable the wireless.  To check this, there is usually an LED indicator for the wireless.  Can you see one on your laptop? I believe on HP laptops the LED shows blue if enabled or orange disabled.

It's been a while since I've seen a HP Pavilion DV5000 but I believe the wireless button just above the keyboard.

Can you confirm this buttons LED is blue ?
If it is orange, pushing the button should enable the wireless and turn the LED blue.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496366/laptop-not-finding-wireless-networks-anymore/
Relevancy 61.49%

My Wireless just quit working.  The button is orange and I can't press the button to make it blue(turn it on). It's as if the wireless adapter just quit.  I found a search back in 2009 that it was a known issue but that was other laptops. That issue made reference to BIOS.  Mine is:BIOS Version/Date           Hewlett-Packard F.52, 8/26/2009 Any other things I can test/check?

A:HP Laptop Wireless Adapter will not enable anymore Pressing...

@Scooter2368? System Driver Support Page:HP G60-530US Notebook PC The wireless button only works to engage Wireless when there is a functional Wireless network setup in place. From the How-to Section: Setting Up a New Connection to a Wireless Local Area Network (Windows 7) Creating a Wireless Home Network (Windows 7) You may need to reinstall your Wireless Driver: Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Open network to find which type of Wireless driver is needed for your system. From the Troubleshooting Section for your notebook:  Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7) Troubleshoot a Lost Internet or E-mail Connection on a Wireless Network (Windows 7) Wireless Network Connection Fails When Notebook is Switched to Battery Power When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-Wireless-Adapter-will-not-enable-anymore-Pressing/td-p/5697638
Relevancy 61.06%

Got a second hand 40gb hard drive for my smasung vm7000 as the one its got is tiny. When inserted hard drive into lappy it comes up with disk read error press control alot del. However if put this in external closure works fine. This hd has win xp on it and still has some docs on it which the seller has asked me to copy to cd for him. Do I need to formatt and reload xp on it to work. Please help guys as am trying to give an aging laptop a new lease of life(and yes im upgrading the ram)

Relevancy 61.06%

A few days ago i had to reinstall my sound driver after updating windows and sometimes if i take out my speakers out of the speaker jack my speakers on the laptop wont work sometimes without shutting down my music program or it will be vise versa please help me out

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/207261-speakers-randomly-wont-work-sometimes-laptop-but-external-will-sometime-work.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello and thanks in advance for your help. I have an Acer Inspire laptop running Windows XP. A few months ago it suddenly stopped connecting to my home wireless network, while all of the other computers in the house connect to the network without a problem. The network still shows up in the list of available networks; when I click on it to connect, it looks like it's trying to connect but it never actually does. My dad thinks that using my laptop at an airport wifi hotspot may have something to do with the issue (the problem started right after I returned from a business trip...).

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 58.91%

Good Afternoon Ive been going through this pretty rough I cannot go online anywhere It keeps saying Identifying and then Vista Wireless ANYWHERE Wont Work Quits trying to repair it Heres my log Logfile of Trend Wireless Wont Work ANYWHERE Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files x AIM aim exeC Program Files x SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files x Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exeC Program Files x Password Safe pwsafe exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media TSMAgent exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media TV TVAgent exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exeC Program Files x AIM aolsoftware exeC Users Nex AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Nex AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Nex AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Nex AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Nex AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x FileZilla FTP Client filezilla exeC Users Nex AppData Local Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exeC Users Nex AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x FlashGet flashget exeC Windows SysWOW explorer exeC Users Nex AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missingF - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files x FlashGet jccatch dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC... Read more

A:Wireless Wont Work ANYWHERE

NEVERMIND....

APARENTLY IT WAS MY COMODO FIREWALL.... WHEN I HIT PROPERTIES ON MY WIRELESS NETWORK, I JUST UNCLICKED IT....

I uninstalled it be4 and i noticed that it still stayed on the list.
Thanks, i hope this helps someone.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222941/wireless-wont-work-anywhere/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone A few days ago I suddenly couldn't update AVG anymore It always gives me an error telling me the connection with the server failed I also noticed that I can't connect Limewire P P program anymore and opening movie streams in Windows Media Player doesn't work anymore either I searched some forums for a solution and I found someone with a similar problem who also told he couldn't execute the quot cmd quot and quot regedit quot commands anymore anymore, AVG Can't update cmd regedit ... don't work anymore, and I tried it on my own computer and I can't run those things anymore either When I try executing them the explorer goes all weird and shuffles the program bars on the task bar I've manually downloaded the latest updates Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... for AVG installed them and did a full scan that didn't find a thing I also ran Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... AdAware which said I had some malware which I removed with it Then I also ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which found some more malware so I removed it rebooted my pc but the problems still exist I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem because it's really anoying Here's my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http games telenet be index phpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Telenet InternetR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName KoppelingenO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO ClickCatcher MSIE ha... Read more

A:Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ...

Hi Tom,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.Please download http://OTListIt2 by OldTimer.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the OTListIt2 icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Type or copy and paste in the Custom Scans/Fixes section: drivers32Click Run Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them to your reply:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized[*]Tell me also if you have set a proxy server or you recognize these setting:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.17.2:8080R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 10.10.10.26;192.168.2.103;192.168.101.70;192.168.101.74;localhost;<local>[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226154/cant-update-avg-anymore-cmd-and-regedit-dont-work-anymore/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys ive got a Netgear USB wireless adaptor its the WN111. Theres 64 bit drivers for it but I believe they are beta drivers and the card has proven to be unreliable. It constantly disconnects and I get a connection probably 50% of the time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what network devices will properly work with 64 bit vista?
Netgear customer support have also proven to be quite unreliable to say the least lol.

Please help!!

A:Wireless connectivity wont work

The Gigabyte GN-WBKG gets some pretty good ratings, and as you can see, Vista x64 is officially supported.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/190466-wireless-connectivity-wont-work.html
Relevancy 58.48%

JUST set up a wireless network today through my linksys wrt54g2 router. And the Password I configured it with wont work. Meaning I can put nothing in the password space and still get in on wireless devices. WHAT THE HECK. Its only for my PS3, WII and NINTENDO ds. No laptops

ITS WEP

EDIT- Only wep passwords dont work. but my wireless games only work with wep. Also when clicking on wep once I got- Wep will stop wps because wifi protected setup doesnt support WEP/wpa-enterprise, wpa2-enterprise radius

Im so confused

A:Wireless password wont work

Friends don't let friends use WEP. WPA is a much better choice from a security standpoint.

If you can "get in" irrespective of what password you supply that suggests the problem is on the router's end - it's configured to let anyone through irrespective of what password/key they supply.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/228918-wireless-password-wont-work.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have been having a problem with my USB wireless network receiver, netgear dualband wireless, the problem appears when I've had the computer in sleep. When I wake it back up, it will fail to install and I need to either take it in or out, or restart the computer.

Anyone know of a way to fix this, or have any experience with a similar problem?

A:USB wireless wont work after sleep

worth mentioning that I did a bit of a search, and found the solution with removing the check on allowing the usb device to be cut from power befoirehand, but the problem remained

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271722-usb-wireless-wont-work-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a linksys wireless g router model wrt-54g. The liksys access point is there with strong signal, but i try to connect using it and can't. After doing connection diagnosis i get the message "cannot communicate with primary dsn server 24.29.103.15. I have tried turning off the ics, turning on "auto dsn", typing in new dsn's, still wont work. I need a lil help.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have a old laptop fujitsu Amilo m g running on just newly reinstalled win xp home edition I thought I had successfully installed all relevant drivers including intel R pro wireless abg network connection adaptor I am getting available wireless connections in my area including my neighbours which all require a network key and come up in list security enabled wireless networks WPA this network requires a network key when you double click on a neighbours network I get the dialogue box asking me for their network key My network doesn't have this dialogue box coming work wont [SOLVED] Network Wireless up come up asking for network key Under its name on list it says quot security enabled wireless network quot but no WPA is mentioned on my network When I click on it it says quot if you want to connect to this network click connect quot which I do I then get quot please wait while windows connects to the TNCAPC F E network - detecting network [SOLVED] Wireless Network wont work type quot an error message comes back which reads quot [SOLVED] Wireless Network wont work windows is unable to connect to the selected network the network may no longer be in range please refresh the list of available networks and try to connect again OK quot I click on ok I have refreshed my network list I am situated near my router I have reset my router My new laptop running win connects fine along with my ipad amp iphone etc to my router so I cannot understand what is happening here I have even tried manually adding the network in and I am still not having any joy I have a CMD and ipcong all for you if it helps Please help as I am demented with all this This old laptop has connected wirelessly before to my network but because I had to reinstall windows xp I am having all these problems In device manager I have a yellow exclamation mark under other devices- modem device on high definition audio bus I don't know if that affects this I would greatly appreciate any help or advice

A:[SOLVED] Wireless Network wont work

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager any devices with yellow flags need to have drivers installed.Connect computer wired through router, does that connect? If so, Go to the Fujitsu driver page for your model and download the Chipset, Modem and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager. Install Chipset first. Restart computer.
install WiFi inspector and attach a screenshot of WiFi inspector in your next post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wireless-network-wont-work-752777.html
Relevancy 57.62%

my laptop worked fine for 2 weeks but then when ever i conncected it to wireless networks the internet would not work.I pluged in an ethernet cable to the same conncections and it worked.I have tried going on the internet at 4 different connections and the internet still wont work.

any ideas on what the problem might be?

it is a windows vista home premium lg laptop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/will-connect-to-wireless-but-internet-wont-work-461520.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I recently set up a wireless router and now have wireless internet on my laptop which works fine. However the first thing I noticed is that my photobucket slide show wasnt showing up on my myspace when using Internet Explorer but it did when i used Firefox. Now I have gone to upload some photos to Tesco photo.com and they said you cannot use their uploader in firefox. So I opened up Internet Explorer and the uploader software wont install. I am thinking this is a general Java or Add On Problem. I am no expert so please help as I dont want to be uploading my photos one at a time to order some prints.

A:Wireless Internet Now Java Wont Work in IE

Reset IE8 --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-internet-now-java-wont-work-in-ie-474089.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hello I have recently build a new system windows ultimate x and purchased a microsoft natural ergonomic desktop keyboard and mouse to use with it I started it up yesterday for the first time installed windows useing a wired key mouse upon completion shut down and restarted with the USB reciver in place both worked fine wont keyboard mouse work & wireless I then shut down and moved the PC into my office where it was to be used fired it up didn t work tried instaling the drivers no joy reseting change batteries no luck strange thing though when i install the batteries the battery light glows for a few seconds then fades out that is on both the mouse and keyboard I then did a reinstall of windows downloaded amp wireless keyboard & mouse wont work installed the latest x drivers but nothing I have tried it on my other PC WINDOWS XP SP Nothing i also took the pc back to the other room thinking there may have been interferance from the router etc but the same nothing any ideas please regards Bryan

A:wireless keyboard & mouse wont work

Hello,Have you tried the troubleshooting steps Here So no other software was installed after the installation?Is it showing up in device manager?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424989/wireless-keyboard-mouse-wont-work/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi
My laptop inspiron 1525 has vista window. When i try to connect to the wireless internet it connects but says limited connection. When i tried going to a website it looks like at first like its connecting but then it says doesn't connect i tried going to a restore point and still didn't work, i tried connecting it to my ethernet but still no results same error. This occured just when i deleted my symantic anti viruse removed it and the modem crashed no idea why but when modem got fixed and i tried connecting the internet wasn't working on the laptop any more. I tried the internet on my other computers it works perfectly fine on the desktops but some reason the laptop isn't working.

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] wireless internet wont work..

Well, if the problem occurred when Norton was removed, make sure it was removed completely by running the Norton Removal Tool: http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039
At the above link, please make sure you choose the correct product.

Also make sure all drivers are working properly and are up-to-date for your network hardware in your laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-wireless-internet-wont-work-305640.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey I've got a really weird problem with my machine and it's something I have not a clue how to solve or even if these two problems are related First off my Wireless networking doesn't work all the time To be more specific if I restart my computer when it boots up the wireless card is detected as installed however Windows doesn't show any networks despite there being like I even tried to configure the network to connect if it's not displayed the SSID is hidden and still no luck However if I uninstall my driver network card Broadcom and then restart with the card not installed Windows will boot back up and reinstall the card and all works fine All the networks show up and I can connect at great speeds no problem I tried uninstalling reinstalling the card and driver without restarting and while the card does reinstall I Work Wireless Browser Wont and Crash! still get the same problems So the only way I can get it to work is to have the card uninstalled when windows boots and then windows will install it automatically and it'll work And I'm running the latest drivers And I never used to have this problem with the same driver - just one day I went home from college and my home network went all wonky and this was the only fix I could find If I remember correctly after it happened to mine it happened to my moms laptop too but all I had to do was uninstall reinstall the driver and it's been working fine The second problem is that my browsers keep crashing Wireless Wont Work and Browser Crash! Both Firefox and Chrome have a huge problem where they crash very frequently and I can't find any sort of connection causing the crash It happens if flash is installed or not and even if the site doesn't use flash It also happens at random intervals of time - but very frequently Sometimes when I Wireless Wont Work and Browser Crash! restart chrome up after a crash it'll crash right down again sometimes upwards of the three times Now sometimes if it keeps crashing and I keep starting it up like crash restart crash restart without even going to a site it'll completely break my internet I'll be connected still but I can't get chrome firefox or IE to load a page it just hangs and yeah I've gone to the task manager and closed all chrome processes and such at that point It's almost as if it's breaking my TCP IP protocol or something And yes I've tried uninstalling reinstalling the browsers I haven't experienced the crashing with IE but that might be because I can't bring myself to use it I'm really stumped with this one any ideas I'm running Windows Bit Ultimate if it makes a difference I've got an Alienware m x

A:Wireless Wont Work and Browser Crash!

This will sound really stupid, but when I tri-booted my laptop (XP, Vista and 7), I couldn't get my wireless card working. I download numerous drivers, but still no luck. Thats when I noticed the little WLan switch on the front of my laptop. After flicking it, my network finally showed up.

Maybe thats happening with yours, it shuts down, and needs to be flicked again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-wont-work-and-browser-crash-458445.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hi,
I bought a blaze wireless 3d optical mouse (PC-1167) today. IT DOESNT WORK.ive tried installing alternate drivers, that doesnt help, the windows troubleshooter does jack all and i cant find proper drivers on the internet. PLZ HLEP ME.

A:Blaze wireless 3d optical mouse wont work plz help me

have you checked this link?

http://www.success-hk.com/sc_html/Computer/16_Blaze Wireless 3D Optical Mouse.htm#link

it contains the driver download for your mouse

also, make sure you recharged the batteries

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blaze-wireless-3d-optical-mouse-wont-work-plz-help-me.20298/
Relevancy 57.19%

I installed Windows 8.1 build 9471 into my desktop. I use a TP Link TL-WN781ND wireless adapter to access my home network and the internet. I tried copying the drivers from Windows/System32/Drivres and installing them manually, I also downloaded the exe from the site but they still wouldnt connect. It would just say no connections found.
Any Ideas?

A:Wireless driver wont work in windows 8.1 9471

Did you get your drivers from:

TL-WN781ND - Welcome to TP-LINK

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/29781-wireless-driver-wont-work-windows-8-1-9471-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

so heres the story i got a nasty virus or maleware one day when i was trying to log into cake poker it wouldnt connect So i email support and they tell me my firewall was blocking my access wireless internet wont sometimes to Cant connect Firewall work to the internet for my cake poker software Which was odd b c this never happened before Anyways they told me to exlude it from my AVG resident shield as well as my Firewall wont work Cant connect to wireless internet sometimes windows firewall After this happen Firewall wont work Cant connect to wireless internet sometimes im pretty sure some type of virus was put in my cake poker file I tried to delete cake poker but it says cannot delete being used by another person or program After that i see remote assitance program And my firewall doesnt work and it feels as if my computer is being controlled by another person After that i tried to download Firewall wont work Cant connect to wireless internet sometimes a firewall but i noticed the download was interuppted So i tried again this time it works But as i examine the files afterwards they were different After that I cannot go on the internet no more I Found the file and deleted it and am able to go online sometimes but sometimes i still cannot here is my HI JACK LOG FILE please help me I have windows XP Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Hawking Common RaUI exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firewall-wont-work-cant-connect-to-wireless-internet-sometimes.1016881/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a laptop now at my friends that DOESNT WORK! Back in 2010 the laptop started to turn off randomly, but then about 6 months ago it just gave in and shut down randomly and wont turn on, like NOTHING HAPPENS. No lights, no screen, no sound, no ANYTHING! Power button does nothing, the bootloader doesn't show and the hard drives doesn't move. Please tell me as soon a posible! (I think the motherboard died) Spoiler (Highlight to read)Im not shure its the correct productIm not shure its the correct product  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-WORK-AT-ALL/td-p/5650532
Relevancy 56.33%

ok I have a Toshiba MK GSX GB SATA Laptop HDD which i have been wont laptop work told has failed I finally got a Sata Pata converter card only goes SATA TO laptop wont work PATA in an attempt to recover the data When i boot my desktop with my regular HDD PATA and the SATA HDD as the secondary it would detect that it was a Toshiba MK GSX but would not boot SO I plugged the primary HDD in on its own cable in pl and the SATA on its own cable in pl I then was able to boot The black screen at the boot showed the drive but when windows came up and I checked in MY COMPUTER XP the drive was not there So i then went to ADD NEW HARDWARE and there was no help ALSO I have a second PATA HDD that i use to store files so i know i can have more than Update i ordered BRAND NEW GB HDDs of the exact same type I ran the out-of-box-state restore and it installed Windows Vista and set the new HDD as if it was OoB When laptop restarted it got to the Windows loading screen and the SD card reader light came on with no card and would not progress I tried putting a card in and removing it and it then went to CONFIGURING WINDOWS FOR FIRST TIME USE Afterwards it restarted and got to the loading screen SD light came on and never progressed even after trying adding removing card hrs later no progress nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-work.749413/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Compaq Presario 1694 that I recently upgraded to 30 gig hard drive and 194 mg of RAM. I also installed Windows XP Professional and this worked great for about a week. Now I cant get it to boot. When I turn it on, the COMPAQ logo comes up and I hit F8. When I make a selection there, like run in SAFE MODE or Start Windows Normally the screen will freeze. Any ideas? This is my sons college p.o.s. computer and I need it to last a little bit longer! HELP!

A:Laptop wont work!

sounds to me like the hard-drive crapped out on you... try getting a new one on warentee and i also wouldnt put xp on a computer that old... try windows 2000

Matt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/laptop-wont-work-26074.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi!
I have all my class assignments on a CD. Up until today, I have been able to open the CD on my laptop and access my files. Today, when I popped the CD in, there was nothing on it. I put the CD in my other computer, and it reads the CD fine. The only trouble is that computer does not have MS Office on it so opening the files on that computer is just as useless.
Should I restart my computer? (I don't remember seing any notifications that I got new updates)
Is my drive dirty? (if so, what is the best way to clean it?)
Thanks for any advice!

Relevancy 56.33%

I have an acer travelmate 2450. I have upgraded the cpu to a 2 GHz dual core and 1.5 ram. I have recently got my hand on 2 1GB stick of ram. When i put them both in the computer wont boot. However when I put them in one at a time it does boot. What is the problem and why wont they both work at the same time? (THe max amount of ram on the motherboard is 2Gb so i am not going over the limit)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-ram-wont-work-help.703107/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a laptop now at my friends that DOESNT WORK! Back in 2010 the laptop started to turn off randomly, but then about 6 months ago it just gave in and shut down randomly and wont turn on, like NOTHING HAPPENS. No lights, no screen, no sound, no ANYTHING! Power button does nothing, the bootloader doesn't show and the hard drives doesn't move. Please tell me as soon a posible!Spoiler (Highlight to read)Im not shure its the correct productIm not shure its the correct product 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-WORK/td-p/5650531
Relevancy 56.33%

i have a motorola surf board cable modem sb5120
and a wgr614 v6 netgear wireless router i cant get them to connect, modem works without router

A:Solved: wireless router wont work with cable modem

This may be a simple case that you forgot to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) the modem when switching devices. Otherwise, ...

Reset the router to factory default settings.
Unplug modem and router and shut down computer(s).
Connect modem to router's WAN (Internet, Modem) port.
Connect computer(s) to router LAN port(s).
Plug in modem.
Plug in router.
Boot computer(s).

This should get you internet access on the connected computer(s). If not, please show for a Windows PC ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-router-wont-work-with-cable-modem.878559/
Relevancy 56.33%

when i got to look at device manager there is a driver missing called network controller, ive tried to update it and its not working here is the hardware id

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_7179144F&REV_01
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_7179144F
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_0280

any help would be appreacted

i have a samsung r540

A:re installed windows 7 home premium sp1 and wireless wont work

There are all the drivers on Samsung website, which you need to download;

R540-JA04 Notebook | Samsung NP-R540-JA04

Should you have any other issue after installing the drivers.
You could post here for others to assist you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/400318-re-installed-windows-7-home-premium-sp1-wireless-wont-work.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey everyone,
So today my friend dropped his laptop and said that the computer wont work. So I took it in my hands. The laptop is a Acer 5532-5194. The problem is that when ever i boot the laptop, all the leds turn on ( the power led, the optical drive led) and even the optical drive can eject, but no display! Its just a black screen and nothing appears. I tried to boot it without the battery and just AC adaptor but that didn't make a difference. I swapped hard drives with my own laptop, that didn't work. Not sure what else to try and what the heck the problem is. I even plugged it into a external monitor seeing if that would do any good...NOPE, I was wrong. So could someone else tell me what I could do to fix it and what the problem may be?
Thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

My internet wont work, ive tried using both crome and IE but both browsers say that I am not connected to the internet despite the fact my computer says that I am connected to the internet. I know its not a network problem because my other devices are connecting fine. Also I tried connecting to the wifi at home and at school and it still does not work. My laptop is a HP ProBook 6390b and I am using windows 7. This problem started occurring after about 4 months disuse of my laptop which I think might be a factor as to why its not working. I have run windows updater and run a scan with my antivirus but still nothing helps. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

A:Internet wont work on laptop

Have you kept up and installed all the Windows 7 updates and are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.204944/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all, my laptop wont run, it comes up with a screen and it says power on and key. But other than this it wont do nothing. I cannot access anything and no button does anything. Is the computer locked? Is there a way i can fix this?

A:My laptop wont work properly

Of course yur laptop cannot run..becoz they don't have legs to run hehe..

Does it new Laptop or old laptop ? try to go to safe mode by pressing F8 see if it load..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-work-properly.459243/
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently got a used laptop from someone and I wanted to store a fresh new Windows XP. I deleted everything off the hard drive and installed it. I then went to go on the internet and nothing happens. I go to comand prompt and type in..ipconfic/renew and all that stuff but its not reading anything. When I plug in the ethernet nothing pops up on the bottom right which it should do.
I would like it if anyone could help my situation.
THANKS

A:Internet Wont Work On Laptop

You probably need to install the chipset drivers. Specifically you need to install the ethernet chip driver. What make and model do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.91173/
Relevancy 55.9%

have about a year Toshiba laptop and I right [Help] wont laptop on Windows my XP work am having [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop extreme trouble with it I am about to throw it out my third story window but I thought I [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop should post here to see if any if you guys could help It all started about a month ago when my computer was running very slowly and one day I got a message saying message saying windows have to shut down due to a critical error So it shut down and when I tried to reboot it said windows could not run because of a missing windows directory and to run the recovery console on the windows XP CD Well the problem was that I don t have the window XP CD just the Toshiba recovery CD which formats the drive and automatically installs windows XP Well so I tried using the Toshiba Recovery CD but kept on getting either a bad system partition error it installed but when I restarted all I got was a blank screen like no operating system was installed or that same windows directory error About after the th try of using the Toshiba recovery CD I got windows installed successfully However it ran very very very slow even at the boot up I managed to run ad aware and a virus scanner and it found spy ware and viruses on it even though it was a clean install That s not my main problem though every time my computer went to sleep automatically after hr or so and came back up it would show that same windows error Saying that windows could not start because the windows system config system directory is missing So I ran the recovery CD again and the same thing happens once I finally get windows installed it goes to sleep and never gets back up successfully This has been an endless process So I got a couple questions to ask in order to attempt to fix this before I throw the damn thing out the window Anyone ever heard of this problem and a solution of windows not starting up properly after it automatically goes to sleep How it is possible for me to still have spy ware and viruses after I format it with the Toshiba recovery CD My CPU usage fluctuates from about to constantly I assume this is because of the spy ware and virus s but I ran ad-aware and it said I had processes and process modules What exactly are process modules and what are other reasons for my CPU usage to be so high I am running off a local area university connection connecting with my USB port is it possible the virus s and spy ware on getting on through there after I run the Toshiba recovery console Is there any diagnostics software program that can tell me the condition of my hard drive ram etc can of like a benchmarking program That s about it for now if you have any idea how to get my laptop back to normal health please respond Also can you give some tips and any routine maintenance you perform to prevent from something like this happening Thanks for your help David nbsp

A:[Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop

Instead of using the recovery cd, try to get a window xp cd from someone and do the clean installation again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-xp-wont-work-right-on-my-laptop.338139/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi again :)

This one is puzzling me alot :/ I cant seem to get the homegroup working between my desktop and my laptop (both running Windows 7 HE SP1). I create the homegroup with my desktop and used the password provided to connect to it on my laptop. It says they are connected. I can access my laptops libraries on my desktop, but if i try to use my laptop to access the desktops libraries i see this:

I have tried disabling the firewall (Avg) on both computers.. Id also like to add that the desktop computer does not always show up in the network.. it is very inconsistent.. I have no clue what is going on!
Any help?!?
Thanks
Labarr15

A:Laptop wont work with homegroup

Well start with what it lists there first. Particularity the network location. Also, if you have Windows firewall up try disabling it as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-work-with-homegroup-587693.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello

My mic wont work on my computer. I got an external mic and creative sb x-fi sound card. The mic worked perfect on my laptop (running win7) where it got recognized at once. When I plug it in on my soundcard i look at the sound settings I see " Microphone, creative sb x-fi, standardenhet". When i plugged it in on the laptop it said like" Microphone, external blablabal" I've downloaded the latest drivers , tested my mic in all plugs ( on the front of comp too) but nothin seems to work. In teh sound settings it never change from "Microphone, creative sb x-fi, standardenhet" when i connect mic. It's like it dont even recognize the mic.
what to do?
Ty for help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mic-wont-work-win-7-works-laptop.977844/
Relevancy 55.9%

The camera on my Laptop does not work and has never worked.  When i click on the "Camera App" from the start menu the app opens and says "to get started connect a camera".  When i try to use the camera online it wont open and doesnt detect there is one.  Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Camera-wont-work-on-Laptop/td-p/5641462
Relevancy 55.9%

my hp laptop has a d/ drive for backup but when I try to back up files I get a backup failed notification

A:hp laptop d/ backup wont work

Hi patrick477,Welcome to the BC forums.Your d/ drive is probably set up for use as a recovery drive, as opposed to a place for backups.Look at START -> COMPUTER and a screen showing your various drives should pop up. Does it show Recover (D:)?Take a look at the HP Customer Care site here and see if it addresses your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378374/hp-laptop-d-backup-wont-work/
Relevancy 55.9%

the bottom half of my laptop does not work.. im typing with an on screen keyboard and a plug in mouse but here is the story.. it was thundering out and it was pretty bad so then the lights flickered, shutting down my xbox (i was playing that) and my computer was STILL plugged in so i think it might have fried something or loose wires.. this all was on like 6/24/2010... still messed up today, so.. any one know something that can be done?? besides taking it to best buy? it was an christmas gift and i took it in 1 time before for, it had an active worm virus in it so it is in good condition and its the whole keyboard spared all the ports.

A:keyboard wont work for laptop

It does sound like the storm damaged it. If it is still under warranty then take it back immediately.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-wont-work-for-laptop-494211.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I need help. I got fed up with XP so I changed OS back to 2000 on my laptop and my desktop. Now the cd-rw will not work, the pc's both recognize them as their respective titles of write-ables. But if you place a blank disc in both will not see the disc. Also there is no burning due to do burners available. I can still use the cd part to read from if the disc is formatted and has info. I updated the drives and still have no success. Please help.

Relevancy 55.9%

My friend has a laptop at home, he has Dial up connection, it works on the home PC but not his laptop. It was working but just stopped,

I took the Laptop into work and hooked it up to the wireless connection and the same thing happens. (No connection)

I think there might be a virus on this system stopping it from working.

Does anyone have any tips for stuff to check, Or any programs i can download, Burn to CD and run on his PC.

I was thinking Spybot Serach and destory and maybe Hi-jack this.

If anyone has any pointers please let me know

PS this laptop is running very slow..

thanks.

A:web wont work / slow laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/web-wont-work-slow-laptop-115706.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Belkin USB Wireless Connector - Installed correctly (apparently) but still wont work?

I recently had to reformat my computer, and I got the drivers and everything working again.

But now when I install it says it install correctly and the program files are there, but then. When I go to run the main Belkin program it get a Broadcom.dll error.

It did work before I had to re-install Vista.

And I've tried everything, including getting new drivers from Belkins website, and I ran them, but again no luck.

Any help would be good

Kind regards,
Simon / Sekonda

A:Belkin USB Wireless Connector - Installed correctly (apparently) but still wont work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-usb-wireless-connector-installed-correctly-apparently-but-still-wont-work.747820/
Relevancy 55.9%

i did a clean install on my pc useing my windows 7 retail disk and now i cant connect to the internet useing my laptops ethernet ports or the built in network card i just bought the pc yesterday and now the ethernet ports are not functioning neither is the wirelesscard before i did the clean install everything was working fine i dont know how to find the drivers in order to redownload them if thats the problem

A:after clean install my pcs ethernet ports and wireless card wont work

i was also wondering why is it that my last pc i had i could do clean install and i never had problems connecting to the internet useing the ethernet ports or the built in network ADAPTER

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/125726-after-clean-install-my-pcs-ethernet-ports-wireless-card-wont-work.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an IBM Thinkpad T42 and the CD drive wont read CDs... it reads like 1/60 CDs but it Reads DVDs ok. It gets errors in the middle of burning and its pissing me off cause I cant boot my live versions of linux now any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cd-drive-wont-work-properly.318307/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi, i accidently dropped averatec laptop...now when starting it up it goes straight to the save mode screen then starts the windows xp logo while the bar is moving and get stuck there for couple minutes then restarts the laptop over again..it doesnt even get to my log on screen...anyone know what i can do to fix this issue??thanks!

Relevancy 55.47%

i have an hp laptop dv6915nr. restore disks stop at 23% with error 0x400110020000100b if problem continues please contact customer support, witch i did. it seems some how i deleted info on the hard drive for the disks to install. hp will not tell me how to fix this. they want me to send it in for repair at 400$ or a new hard drive at 200$. i can install xp or vista but the drivers will not install and nothing works. ie wireless internet ethernet card. can not connect to internet. can anybody tell me how i can get my recovery disks to work?

thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

hey, here i have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo-pro v3405.
I recently installed vista home premium x86 on it, but after all drivers are installed. The only thing failing to start is my Intel 3945abg wireless network card.
I've checked the Unit list, petty I do not recall what it was called, anyway, it wont work. When I run diagnostics, all it says is, use the pre-made button to turn on your wireless network card. Guess what, I tried all the buttons for the wireless, but no. Won't work.
I did work fine in Xp though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wi-fi-card-in-laptop-wont-work-with-vista-401044.html