Windows Support Forum

Solved: Can't Access Network Properties

Q: Solved: Can't Access Network Properties

Hi,
What can be keeping me from accessing Network Properties of my Dial-up?
I open the shortcut icon, then right-click on my dial-up, but nothing happens.
I have a working thread going ( in this forum titled Possible Bug? ) regarding a problem with Generic Host Process errors, and need to get into the properties to enable the simple Windows firewall, in SP1. I've tried in Safe Mode too.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
patmac

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Can't Access Network Properties

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Can't Access Network Properties

You will need to delete and recreate your dial-up connection. Make sure you save any phone numbers that it dials and any usernames/passwords.

I used to work tech support for earthlink, and that was the only thing we could do to resolve this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-network-properties.503478/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I know this is a long shot I m staying in what s basically a hotel for the next couple months I was properties - Internet to access can't but network, network Connected access no on their free wireless Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties networks up until a couple of days ago when it just cut off my internet access all of a sudden They have confirmed it s nothing on their end My roommates have had steady access on their computers no problem my iPhone as well I obviously have no access to their modem to make issues more difficult when I right-click any of the network connections a dialog box will appear but all the menu options are blank I can t do anything to the connections except rename them Anything else yields a message box with no message if there s any other way to access the TCP IP properties that would be great Right-clicking the connection and clicking properties is the only way I know of I have tried winsock repair uninstalling reinstalling wireless driver and just about everything else I could think of ipconfig all gives me the following output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List bc hsia telus net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bc hsia telus net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - -BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ee bcd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - B- -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cgocable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap McMaster CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EB EB - D- C - B -CDD br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap no-domain-set bellcanada Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FE-CEA - DD-B CE- CA C br D E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA - D E- C A-AD -B br E F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c b ecb b c ... Read more

A:Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties

Appears you are on Vista ( Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] )

and running from an Admin Login (ie Owner and other than maintenance, you should be using a Limited Account, eg: UAC but solve that latter)

Disconnect from the router
Goto Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
Right click on ?Local Area Connection? & click ?properties? option.

scroll and find the Internet Protocol V6
clear the [x] preceeding that line
click ok

get a command prompt (run->cmd) and enternetsh int ip reset
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-network-but-no-internet-access-cant-access-network-properties.149976/
Relevancy 66.65%

i cannot access the properties of my network connections, all i get is a popup window
saying "unexpected error has occured"
i've tried microsoft suggestion of registering ole32 and netshell but these did not help.
i've scanned with av and malwarebytes and nothing shows in event viewer at the times i
try to access the properties button of any of my network connections.
please help
thank you for your time

A:cannot access network properties

Dont know if you have a wireless connection or no, but have you read this from microsoft?? Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272828/cannot-access-network-properties/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

A:Can't access network properties,can't connect to network

Originally Posted by sogefurter

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28860-cant-access-network-properties-cant-connect-network.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I am not able to access or change my network settings.

Windows XP Home SP 3

I do the following:

Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties.

Then get these error message

"Some of the controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more other Network property sheets
are already open. To use these controls, close all these property sheets and then reopen this one"

Tried rebooting, tried disabling local area connection then rebooting and re-enabling still no luck.

Only other thing I can think of is that I tried VMWare (new browser version) did not like and uninstalled it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:unable to access network properties

For diagnostics: Boot in a safe mode with networking and try if it works....Begin tapping the F8 key every few seconds as the system boots up until the screen offering the Safe Mode option appears.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211109/unable-to-access-network-properties/
Relevancy 64.93%

This is a fairly new install of Windows 8 pro (within the last month), and while trying to set up a static ip up today I found that I was unable to access the network properties or disable the connection in the Network Connections. I am pretty stumped as I am the only user of this computer and from what I can tell have the correct permissions to do so. When trying to check the properties it tells me "an unexpected error has occurred" with no further information.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

A:Unable to access properties of my network connection.

It sounds like you aren't using an Admin account on this machine.

Under Computer Management, Local Users and Groups>Users, you should see your name there, under the Member Of' Tab, you should be listed at a member of the Administrators and Home Users. You can add the credentials if you aren't.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21814-unable-access-properties-my-network-connection.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Can't access Display Properties by right clicking on the Desktop nor in the Control Panel, the Display icon is messed up.

What's up?

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello
I try to see the device manager, click "My Computer" in the desktop and click properties the responde said:
Windows can't not access the specific path, device or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".. how is possible is my own computer at home and I don't have network or something like that and I am the only one, who uses???
Can somebody tell me what happening.....?
Thanks....

AACM

Relevancy 58.05%

Just got a laptop with Vista Home and I want to install this onto my home network (MSHome) that has 5 other WinXP systems on that network. When the laptop was setup it chose a default network group called Workgroup or something like that and I cannot figure out how to get this computer navigated to the MSHome network.

A:Solved: Can't change home network properties

Control Panel (Classic view) - System - Advanced System settings -Computer Name.
Then "Change"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-change-home-network-properties.729556/
Relevancy 58.05%

Windows XP

When I go to My Computer and click on the File Menu, I cannot access Properties...in fact the only choice that reacts when clicked is Cancel. I am attempting to solve a problem with my Garmin iQue which requires that I get to Hardware and thence Device Manager.

A:Solved: Can't access Properties in My Computer File Menu

Hi gourmande, and welcome to TSG.

You may not be doing it quite right. Assuming typical Windows and mouse settings, click on "My Computer" using the right side mouse button. That should open a pop-up menu that should then let you select Properties and get to the Device Manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-properties-in-my-computer-file-menu.929284/
Relevancy 58.05%

Well, hello again, you guys are the fastest way to determine if a solution actually exisists for a problem!
Away we go:

Using Access 2000, Report design, for the controls on the report, there is a can grow/can shrink which controls vertical size. Is there a similar property or way to set horizontal size... ie( firstname) in one record the name may be Joe and in another Christopher. I am having trouble formating my report page to accomodate those changes. When the field is large enough to allow "Christopher", then the space between fname/lname for a "joe" type record is enormous.
Advice please, or where or what to look up.
Thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi looking for any help with no access denied panel, functions control Loss properties tocontrol of access any cannot control panel and many other issues Previously had some malware and also some virus apparently was removed a long time ago but still I have no access to many functions although I can use the internet Below is a current log thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system Loss of control panel, cannot access any properties denied access tocontrol functions services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Loss of control panel, cannot access any properties denied access tocontrol functions LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c program files timbuktu pro tb launch exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C program files timbuktu pro minitb exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files CyberDefender Registry Cleaner CDregclean exe C Program Files CarMD CarMD exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run AlwaysReady Power Message APP ARPWRMSG EXE O - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP Digital Imaging D CC - F - d b-A D- B A hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HPBootOp quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Boot Optimizer HPBootOp exe quot run O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe O - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run TLogonPath quot c program files timbuktu pro minitb exe quot O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Share... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-control-panel-cannot-access-any-properties-denied-access-tocontrol-functions.907610/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,
I've some users added to 'Network configuration operator' on Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and they cannot open the properties dialog of network interface. I've tested the KB2157332 on Windows 7 x64 Pro
without SP1 and it works, but I cannot install it on W7SP1 computer, . I'm looking a SP1 version of the hotfix but I cannot find it. 
I've read
this and
this post but still getting the issue
Any idea to solve it?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd6896d1-1e9d-49ac-955a-2492179ed728/network-configuration-operator-cannot-open-the-properties-dialog-of-a-network-interface?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 51.17%

I tried to find a relevant thread but no luck..

I have a small network at home that consists of 2 laptops in the same workgroup accessing the cable modem/gateway wirelessly and 1 desktop in a different workgroup accessing via ethernet cable.

The laptops have printer and file sharing enabled so that my wife and I can share files....duh

My daughter uses the desktop exclusively and I want her to have internet connectivity (which she currently does) but I don't want her having any access to the laptops.

Will this setup prevent infection of the other 2 machines if she gets a virus/spyware or otherwise downloads something unsavory?

I don't know if it matters but we also have a network printer with a static IP that we all can access.

Thank you for your help

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey.
Recently my other computer has stopped being able to access my files on this computer through the network, and stopped having access to the printer. This computer can still access files on the other one, through the network, so im not quite sure what is wrong. Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

This message is popping up to access users around the network.

"Your network access was interrupted, to continue close the database and then open it again."

I suspect there was a server upgrade over the week end. When I google the answers are all over the board on whether its server or local machine related. Has anyone had any issue with Access after server upgrades?

A:Solved: ACCESS: Network access interrupted?

Have seen this happen where the networked backend location is changed. Meaning, normally located on network share P: , but today that share is connected on Q:
Coding to specific location like \\server\full\file\path\location has resolved most of this error due to drive letter changes I have seen. Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-network-access-interrupted.1088167/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi. this site had a post of a similar problem, but the suggestion did not fix my problem. So, I thought I might post my problem specifically and see if anyone has any suggestions.
I have 2 different laptops. both running Windows7 and connecting to the internet wirelessly. within a few days of each other they both began to display "Currently connected to: Unidentified network No network access" and they will not let me get on the internet. It is not my router becuase It shows the same thing no matter where I try to connect. I have tried my gym and a local restaurant that I have always had success connecting to before. Furthermore my WindowsXP desktop is directly connected and is connecting to the internet without any problems. My laptops are both running AVG for antivirus. Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there I noticed there was another front page thread that was a similar problem to this but I didn t want to hijack the thread A few days ago after having my PC Windows turned off for about days due to not having a monitor I turned it on and suddenly was experiencing the little yellow triangle over my LAN connection in the windows tray It says Unidentified Network - No Network Access Im using a wired connection to the router which is a Belkin and I haven t had any issue like this in Network - Access No Solved: Network Unidentified the years i ve had this PC I have tried a few fixes that I found online but haven t had any luck and it has me completely stumped Im posting this off my MacBook Pro which is wireless and isn t having Solved: Unidentified Network - No Network Access any problems nor are any other wireless connections in the house iPhones PS etc I have AVG free installed on the PC I would post ipconfig results on here but im not sure how to do that because I have zero net access on the PC Thanks in advance for any help given nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Problem - I get 'Windows Explorer has a problem, and must close (send report, etc)' message whenever I open 'My Computer' and try and access 'Properties' to go into Tools, etc. This has been going on for some time. Anyone know what is wrong here?
[OS WinXP Pro]
John - 070706-23:48EDT

Relevancy 49.45%

I can't access drive or folder properties in My Comp. When right click, then Properties - nothing happens! not even a flicker. Why is this? Is it permissions? I am logged on as Admin'r. Have searched everywhere for explanation or fix. Can someone help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-properties-in-2k-sp3.16146/
Relevancy 49.45%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 48.59%

I need help please. In the last week I have been having strange problems with my computer. First it is a hp laptop model number dv1049cl it has a pentium m processor 1.40 ghz, 480 mb ram with windows xp version 2002 service pack 3. Basically the problems are my delete key no longer works, i can not access internet properties fom control panel it tries to open only to close also I have tried to download hjt with no luck. I have tried downloading from several differnt sites with no luck. Please helpif you can

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-access-internet-properties.775185/
Relevancy 48.59%

Whenever I try opening my computer properties (Right click computer> Properties) the window opens but then freezes and windows explorer crashes before I can do anything. I've tried all means of getting to it like using run and searching wei in the start menu but they all end the same way. I've also tried using the system scan on cmd prompt which didnt fix anything. Also, i dont know if this has anything to do with it but i am also unable to open videos, the same thing happens but with windows media player and pictures just do nothing when i click on them. (If they arent related i will open a new thread for it). I have an HP Pavilion g7.

A:Cant access computer properties

Hmm, that's weird. Have you tried restarting your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585874/cant-access-computer-properties/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I m a user of XP Pro and seem to have a common problem whose typical solutions can t fix When I left click on the desktop or try and access my Display Properties from the control panel I get the hourglass for a moment or access Display Properties Can't two and Can't access Display Properties nothing further happens I can see the properties option when I left click from the desktop but clicking on it does me no good It s been some time since this feature stopped working and I don t remember being hit with malware or a virus I do use a wallpaper changer I found in a powertoys collection on a Microsoft site I believe I am now using a second version of that software I m able to manipulate my wallpaper but nothing else from the Display Properties I ve been searching the web for advice and found quite a few fixes but none that work for me I ve tried repairing using the systems disk I ve snooped around my registry looking for certain attributes that were not there I ve imported a file into my registry all with no avail My video driver NVIDIA has a piece of software that can change wallpaper Thinking that perhaps they were the culprit I contacted their tech support people who promptly blamed Microsoft bet you heard that before Perhaps the only other tidbit of information I can think of is this is a duel user computer and the other side can access their Display Properties without any trouble Thanks for reading all of this I only mention the steps I ve taken in case you can solve this riddle with my information I ll be more than glad to retake the above steps or take any others asked of me to resolve this Joliver

A:Can't access Display Properties

Hello Joliver375

If the other User has no problems it cannot be a registry problem. It has to be something installed on your Account.
It is a pity you cannot associate it with starting to use the wallpaper changer or another download.

I would start by uninstalling that wallpaper changer. Make sure you have a backup of it to reinstall if it is not the culprit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-display-properties-295692.html
Relevancy 48.59%

A couple problems:

- unable to a change the program associated with a file type (ex. the .pdf file extension is associated with Word, but the Change/Delete buttons are "grayed out" and I am unable to click on that to fix the problem.

- Cannot open an attachment from e-mails. Error message: "The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions. *Check the file permissions for the document or drive. *Use the File Open dialog box to access the document..." I also tried doing a right-click, Save as on the document and was still unable to open it (same message in Word).

I think that there is something messed up with the drive permissions or something in the C: drive. Does this make sense? If so, how do I check/fix it?

THANKS!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-properties-etc.484527/
Relevancy 48.59%

After an upgrade from 98SE to XP, I cannot access the C drive properties (right-clicking C). File system still FAT32.

Before the upgrade, we unpartitioned the drive and had some FAT errors. C did not show full space. After the XP upgrade, we were able to capture the unallocated space back to C using Resize in PartitionMagic. But we were left with inability to right-click on C (it sends an error report to Microsoft and restarts Explorer).

Will a conversion to NTFS and the resulting new file table resolve the inability to access C properties?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-drive-properties-cannot-access.127842/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone,

I've scoured the internet for an answer to my problem and have come up with nothing so I figured I'd post here to get some help. I have a 12 computer network running with a shared printer. To shut off printing capabilities for one day, I went to each computer and went into the printer properties, security tab and clicked on deny permission for printing.

Now when I want to undo that setting, it won't even let me go into the properties or preferences for the printer. It gives me an "Access Denied." I've tried stopping and resetting the spool service but to no avail. I've tried to go through every property and option on the printer server options and the network hub computer to restore access but nothing works. Do I have to completely take down the whole network and make a new one? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Can't Access Printer Properties

Hi, go to start, search and type:- control printers, right click on the returned control printers and select "run as administrator" control panel will open double click on the printers Icon see how you go...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-access-printer-properties-630901.html
Relevancy 48.59%

All of a sudden my computer will not let me delete files out of my C drive It will also not let me access my internet properties or My Computer properties as well It explains it as restrictions on my computer do not allow me to do this and that i should contact my system administrator The problem is i am the system administrator I used the smitfraud eliminator and it deleted a lot of stuff but it said it was unable to access my registry to delete files due to the fact that restrictions on my computer do not allow it I am the administrator so this error does not make sense I also used rats cheddar SUPERantispyware and Rogue Removermy log is belowI am running on Windows XP Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Access Can't Computer Properties My MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Can't Access My Computer Properties mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXEC WINDOWS ALCMTR EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exec Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE L V Z aaw exeC WINDOWS system MSIEXEC exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS system MsiExec exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net home htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system printer exeO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder quot C Windows Creator Remind XP exe quot O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run QuickT... Read more

A:Can't Access My Computer Properties

never mind
system restor fixed the problem.
thanks for the advice :]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109271/cant-access-my-computer-properties/
Relevancy 48.59%

This has been happening for a while now. It has something to do with my video drivers or card. I will install my video drivers and it will not work. It just doesn't come up, But sometimes, it will work like after a while. I really need this panel for tweaking my video card. Does anyone have any fix for this?

A:Cannot access display properties

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattl148

This has been happening for a while now. It has something to do with my video drivers or card. I will install my video drivers and it will not work. It just doesn't come up, But sometimes, it will work like after a while. I really need this panel for tweaking my video card. Does anyone have any fix for this?

Ever any answer on this? I am having the same problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-access-display-properties-13143.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

When I right click on a service, the properties window does not display.

The same happens in the eventlog and pretty much every file with .msc

Joel

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-access-properties-in-services-msc-400630.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi guys
i have 2 questions
1- i have 2 geraphic cards and(nvidia and intel) i can easily access the nvidia propertise(for example for open a file by high performance) but i can not access the intel propertise( i saw the page below but non of them worked for me)
Graphics — How to open the Intel? graphics properties window
please help me?
2- hoe can i know that my geraphic support open GL and 3d?

A:cannot access properties of intel

What Intel Graphics card do you have?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/20698-cannot-access-properties-intel.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I am having a lot of users. If there is some way to disable the Network Properties. then please inform, it will be very useful....my main objective is that users should not be able to see there Ip by Right Clicking on the Network Places icon or some other way
OS is Windows Xp...

Waiting for a positive reply...

Regards

Relevancy 48.16%

Today, I turned on my secondary laptop (which hasn't been used in months) was greeted with a start up error which ended up needing to repair the "SYSTEM" boot partition . Now I got the system running but can't get any adapters to work. When I first logged in every network adapter had code 31(could not load driver). I was able to get around that by manually uninstalling each on and letting it re-install. Now each adapter has no properties so there is no internet connection at all. I mentioned the start up problem because I am not sure if the two are related at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:All network adapters have no properties.

Hi ben,

Did you install an updated version of the driver or the same one ? What is the exact model of the laptop
To get the model number enter this command

Code:
wmic computersystem get oemstringarray

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283170-all-network-adapters-have-no-properties.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I Network adapter properties could really use some help I have figured out what is causing my issue and will explain the best I can Relatively new network with wired desktop and wireless laptop through Netgear router I narrowed the issue down to Power Management of Network adapter properties the Wireless Network Adapter If the Wireless Network Adapter is set to its default properties including Power Management-- gt Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power when I fire up the laptop it connects right away but the problem is the Network Map is not correct the laptop doesn't show it's information including IPv If I manually uncheck and recheck the TCP Network adapter properties IPv box under Networking the network disconnects and reconnects and the map is good with the laptop showing its IPv address But if it goes back to sleep the next time it wakes Network adapter properties up and connects the map will be wrong So if I disable Power Management-- gt Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power the network map appears correct and the laptop shows it's IPv info problem is and it's a big one it takes one to two minutes to connect to the router So either I live with the wrong Network Map everything still is networked as I am using Homegroup or I live with a delayed connection to my wireless but the Network Map is correct This is a new laptop and I already reinstalled the Wireless Adapter there are no updates to the drivers I'm tempted to to do something related to TCP IP Perhaps reset it to default since there does seem to be some relationship to the IPv setting But I just don't know what to do at this point I'd really appreciate any help

A:Network adapter properties

Turn off that option to allow it to turn off the WiFi. If the system goes to sleep the WiFi will be turned off with it. If you are using the system you certainly don't want the WiFi to be turned off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249807-network-adapter-properties.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently have a problem accessing the Properties sheet for a HDD in both Computer Management (CM) > Disk Management (DM) and My Computer. In either, when I right click the HDD and click Properties, the system hangs. This only happens on one HDD, the other 2 HDs open Properties fine, so it is only 1 that causes the problem. In DM the HDD shows Online, Basic, Healthy, NTFS, 1 partition -- all correct. The HDD is used to store Backup Images each night, and it does that correctly.

What could cause this problem with one HDD and not the others??

And what can be done to correct this problem??

Thanks.

A:HDD access to Properties sheet fails. Why??

Download and run hard drive diagnostic software, and check this drive for proper operation. It is possible the the drive will fail some SMART tests

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-access-to-properties-sheet-fails-why.66937/
Relevancy 48.16%

hello since yesterday I'm facing a weird problem which is that when i right click on my computer and click on properties nothing happens at all i also can't access some other cannot computer properties access and features some other features such as Action Center Back up and Restore View installed updates in Windows update when i click on them nothing happens just the mouse pointer hangs and i have to close application from task manager i've tried to scan my pc with Avira anti-virus and cannot access computer properties and some other features Malwarebytes Registry Repair CCleaner but problem still exist i also tried the command sfc scannow and there was no errors or corrupted files found before this problem occurred i haven't installed anything new on my computer Except Advanced uninstaller Pro and Vmware Workstation then i uninstalled them after i discovered this problem My Specs Windows Ultimate SP bit CPU Intel i - GPU Sapphire HD XT GPU driver Ram GB MB gigabyte h am-s p Any help would be really appreciated Thanks in advanced

A:cannot access computer properties and some other features

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy,  taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.
   Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
    After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
     Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:
     Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630661/cannot-access-computer-properties-and-some-other-features/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all, hope you can help me. I have recently installed new graphics drivers, the correct ones i may add. This was done just after a clean install of Vista Business following a removed Swizzor Trojan.

All is well and good, and everything runs fine, but there are a couple of issues.

1. When I right click on the desktop, including as Admin, I cannot access "Properties"

2. Some icons are blank. Most are just fine, its just a few which are blank, mainly .exe, and sis files

Can anyone suggest what to try?

Thanks

Micky

A:Cannot Access Properties When Right Clicking On Desktop

What make and model of computer are you using? Were there any issues with the Vista instalaltion (errors, glitches, etc) that you can recall? Have you installed all of the other drivers required for the system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139932/cannot-access-properties-when-right-clicking-on-desktop/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just had this issue today. I was going to make a post with this very issue till I found this. This worked for me hope it dose for you. Here's the fix and the error I was getting..

Quote:
1. Click Start . In the Search box, type CMD . At the top of the window, right-click the cmd icon and choose Run as Administrator .

2. At the prompt, type in FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO "%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s "%G and press <Enter>.

This will take several minutes to complete. There will be several C+ Runtime errors that will appear, as well as the system slowing down. Close all boxes that come on the screen except the CMD boxes. Once complete(it will come back to a c: prompt), restart the system and test.

Here's the link. ---> No such interface supported

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401917-you-have-no-access-computer-properties-personalize.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am looking for a way to stop users from accessing the Printer Properties, specifically when going to File > Print in an application and then clicking on the Properties button next to the printer name.

I have tried using permissions, but they are insufficient. I have also looked through the group policy settings.

I have even used Sysinternals Regmon utility to try and lock down sections of the Registry that are opened when the user goes to this dialogue box, but the problem here is that the changes are made using the spoolsv.exe and this is running as SYSTEM and not the user.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Adam

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restrict-access-to-printer-properties-108495.html
Relevancy 48.16%

When I right-click on the Computer icon on my desktop and then click Properties, a window flashes open and immediately closes. In other words, I cannot see the properties of my computer. I need to configure User Account Control, but all I can do is turn it on or off. I can't get to any of the configuration functions.

Relevancy 48.16%

I must have a bug as I can't get online and my antivirus has been disabled. My network doesn't show although router working fine. Also I cannot access properties to start services. Help much appreciated, thanks.

XP home, service pack 3

Relevancy 48.16%

hi new here so not sure ive got right area my problem is as follows a while ago i had a very bad virus spyware on my system it altered all sorts including could open task manager or regedit made my network connections empty although could still access internet there were various other things that i cant remember now but i managed after using several pieces of software to get rid of help certain access things in internet properties cant virus i then found help cant access certain things in internet properties that these problems were still there so again after using several pieces of software i managed to sort these my only problem now that i know of is that when i go help cant access certain things in internet properties into internet properties on the security tab and privacy tab there are sections greyed out and at the bottom there is a message saying some settings are managed by your system administrator i am the only administrator on this computer and i am help cant access certain things in internet properties logged on as administrator but cant change anything i am using xp home so i cant go to group policy to change anything as various people on internet have already suggested so would like to know if anyone on here can solve this problem i dont want to reformat but will if i have to as i do have external drive now to back things up on running xp home sp internet explorer please let me know if you need any more info any replies greatly appreciated thank you julie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342414/help-cant-access-certain-things-in-internet-properties/
Relevancy 48.16%

Whenever I right-click on an mp3 or wma file and choose "properties", it causes explorer.exe to have an error and I have to restart it from Task Manager. I renamed the files to mp2, mpeg, and wav and there was no longer this problem. Do you know what's happening??? Also, my mp3 files are being "modified" without me doing anything. No content seems to be changed but according to Windows it is still modified, which is bothersome when I want to only access my most recent songs. What's happening with my music????

A:Explorer.exe crashes whenever I try to access the properties of MP3 or WMA

Might as well start with the basics, Anti-virus check and Ad-aware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-crashes-whenever-i-try-to-access-the-properties-of-mp3-or-wma.165158/
Relevancy 48.16%

When I go to My Computer, then highlight the C drive, then right click on it, it takes me back to one of the windows I have open. I am trying to get to properties. This has not happened before and I do not know why it is doing this. I have a dell dimension 8200 with windows xp home. Any help would be appreciated.

A:cannot use right click to access properties on c drive

start/control panel /printer other hardware/mouse
make sure the box is unchecked at button config.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-use-right-click-to-access-properties-on-c-drive.266111/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello

I have recently installed WDS on a Windows Server 2k3 machine (through SP2) but am having some trouble configuring the server properties.†I get an "Access is denied" error message when I change something in the server properties. I†used an account that is a member of†Local Administrators on the server and Domain Users to install WDS and that worked just fine.†Do you have to be a member of the Domain Admins to change server properties in WDS?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/536cff59-d754-4a60-9fd1-90afa0578650/wds-server-properties-access-is-denied?forum=itprovistadeployment
Relevancy 48.16%

When I go to My Computer, then highlight the C drive, then right click on it, it takes me back to one of the windows I have open. I am trying to get to properties. This has not happened before and I do not know why it is doing this. I have a dell dimension 8200 with windows xp home. Any help would be appreciated.

A:cannot use right click to access properties on c drive

start/control panel /printer other hardware/mouse
make sure the box is unchecked at button config.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-use-right-click-to-access-properties-on-c-drive.266111/
Relevancy 48.16%

My mother-in-laws computer is fubar right now I cannot access the control panel or any properties and the popup message says quot This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot She is the administrator so this is definately a virus spyware problem Running AVG Trend Micro and Windows Live One Care did not take care of the problem Here is the HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows properties... or control No panel access to XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system No access to control panel or properties... spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Microsoft No access to control panel or properties... Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft No access to control panel or properties... Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C Documents and Settings Gran Desktop hijack HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe User Default user O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF B C E-F - A - B -C FEFEC yucsetreg Class - C Program Files Yahoo common yucconfig dll O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab O - DPF CE D D - CF- C D- FE - F A - https www-secure symantec com techsupp asa ctrl SymAData cab O - DPF D F A- - B -B D- BB EB E PhotosCtrl Class - http photos yahoo com ocx us yexplorer us cab O - AppInit DLLs C WINDOWS system hadjajr ini O - Winlogon Notify jkk... Read more

A:No access to control panel or properties...

Download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.

**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-access-to-control-panel-or-properties.663963/
Relevancy 48.16%

As above really, also some desktop icons are now appearing as blank (small white box)

I have recently installed updated, correct drivers.

How do I get these icons back.

Most of my icons are fine, its just a few that are missing, mainly .sis files, which are Nokia applications.

Thanks in advance.

Micky

A:Cannot access properties when right cliking on desktop

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-when-right-cliking-on-desktop.700195/
Relevancy 47.73%

Have three win xp machines on lan will search and find all three but while two will show the lan network properties, one wont . I need the properties of the netcard to set tcp/ip and dns .
have tried uninstalling the netcard no help! uninstalled xp networking components no help.
any help please Regards Alan G

Relevancy 47.73%

Iím using Windows 2000 server, the NIC card as 2 ip address Iím trying to remove one of the address as I moved the Web Page to a different computer But when I right click on the network neighborhood I get the hourglass for 3 sec. And then nothing. I tried restarting the server in safe mode with network support (same result). I tried replacing the NIC Still I could not access the TCP/IP configuration. Iím wondering if there is a way to remove the address from the command prompt or some other way.

Thank you.

Sqwerty_L

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-neighborhood-properties-problems.68772/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am working on someone's XP Pro SP2 Box, and I cannot change the properties of any network connection. When I right click on the connection and click properties is says "Do not have sufficient privileges, contact your administrator"

I am the Administrator, logged in as the administrator account, and the machine is not on a domain.

Any Ideas what setting could cause this, and where it is?
I wasnt even aware you could lock administrator out...

Thanks -
Mike

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

A:Network Connection Properties not Opening

Originally Posted by rat170

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

Do you have a backup you can restore from? thats a quick easy fix for it.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246852-network-connection-properties-not-opening.html
Relevancy 47.73%

If I change the folder properties accessing a shared folder (say pictures) over my home network, will it alter the folder's properties on the drive on which it resides or just the folder on the machine I am using to access the folder?

I am accessing my pictures folder on my desktop from my laptop from the other side of my house. The pictures and videos folders are set to "general items", the customize tab of the properties on the folder is set to "general items" when I access it from the laptop. If I switch the pictures to "pictures" and videos to "videos" on the laptop, will it alter the folder in the desktop on which the folder resides?

Hope this is clear enough, Thanks for any help, I have a hard time with sharing and permissions.

A:Folder properties when sharing over network

If you are able to connect to the folder, either locally or over the network, and managed to change it, then it will or should be changed. I'm sure you are not referring to doing ith with different user profiles, right? Best way is to try it and find out

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50820-folder-properties-when-sharing-over-network.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Whenever I try to change my network connections I get the following error:

Cannot write phonebook.
Error 624: The system could not update the phone book file.
I am also having other issues that may or may not be related see threads:

http://forums.techguy.org/t294765.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294528.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294305.html

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-properties-of-network-connections.294815/
Relevancy 47.73%

Has anyone seen an issue with trying to access the properties of a network share and getting absolutely nothing? Just upgraded to Win10 from 7. We are in a windows 2008 domain with 2012 and Win 10 machines.
We have regular accounts and admin accounts. The regular account can see get properties for the folders/shares that it has access to. The admin account, when run using "run as a different user" cannot generate the properties dialog box at all. This worked fine on Win 7.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45581-windows-10-network-share-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

as you can see the properties button does not lit up and remains grey out although i click on IPV4, why is this happening? i was open it a few years ago

A:Unable to configure network properties

Have you done this? Change TCP/IP settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282106-unable-configure-network-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I'm stumped as to why Explorer crashes whenever I try to view properties on any of my network connections. Its quite possible that I've messed something up in one of many tweaks. I just don't know when it happened.

The event viewer shows the following error:

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2649, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037e9f."

Is it possible to re-install just the networking components for WinXP, or do I have to do a full fresh install?

Inso

Relevancy 47.73%

When I go to my network connections and attempt to display the properties of my dial up modem properties(my default internet connection with MSN)...so that I can enable the firewall...nothing happens. Nothing. The computer doesn't hang, no error message pops up. It just doesn't respond. I have tried several times with this problem. Microsoft had me uninstall all of my network connections and then reinstall to see if that changed anything...but nothing. I had this issue once before but can't remember what I did to correct it.
I'm running Win XP on an AMD 850 Athlon PC Clone with 512MB RAM, with a 100GB HD.
If anyone has encountered this or can offer any help I'd be very grateful.

A:Dial up network properties won't display!

How are you access it? Have you tried within IE and selecting Tools, Internet Options, and the Connections tab?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-network-properties-wont-display.72479/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm having major problems with my ip configuration settings I want to be able to use a fixed ip address and gateway for my wireless network connection The problem is that after I've properties BSOD network changing after changed the configuration of the IP version connection properties to the fixed ip I want to use and ok it My system crashes with a Stop error Bsod implicating the file tcpipreg sys as the culprit I ve tried disabling Ip version as I thought that maybe they were clashing somehow but other than that it seems I m stuck using DHCP which is annoying as the reason I am trying to switch off DHCP is to solve another problem Namely that Every BSOD after changing network properties time I BSOD after changing network properties start up my computer my connection shows Limited or no connectivity and I am forced to either Diagnose and Repair my connection or ipconfig renew in order to get an outside connection The adapter is a Realtek RTL and is an integrated device on my Asus P N -SLI Premium Motherboard

A:BSOD after changing network properties

I'm wondering if this helps anything.

This is from WinDbg.
Sorry it makes this such a long post.

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.8.0004.0 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP]
Kernel Summary Dump File: Only kernel address space is available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Vista Kernel Version 6000 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 6000.16575.amd64fre.vista_gdr.071009-1548
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02000000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0219af70
Debug session time: Fri Jan 11 12:23:45.207 2008 (GMT+0)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:38.097
Loading Kernel Symbols
............................................................................................................................................................................
Loading User Symbols
PEB is paged out (Peb.Ldr = 000007ff`fffd3018). Type ".hh dbgerr001" for details
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffa8007ed2ff8, 1, fffff98006b5dfef, 0}

Page 4ffb8 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 5037a not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 500cb not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4fdc9 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4ff0a not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4ff0a not present in the dump file. Type &qu... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-changing-network-properties-210744.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I believe I messed up the network settings on my machine not via the router but via control panel when you right click on the Local Area Connection gt Properties gt IPv IPv and some network reset properties? Completely all more places I can't remember and that's the problem Another thing is when I type ipconfig all I Completely reset all network properties? see that DHCP is not enabled and I remember it used to be enabled In IPv and IPv properties everything is set to automatically so I dont know why web pages take too long to load Mbps connection the rest of computers on the network are surfing the web fast I also get an error a few times a day where the little symbol of the LAN in the taskbar has a yellow exclamation mark and I need to right click and do the Troubleshoot problems and at the end I always get quot The default gateway was not available quot and it's fixed but keeps coming back I tried something I found on Microsoft help page and ran the following cmd netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt That didn't help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402610-completely-reset-all-network-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I was hoping that someone could help me out with this as it s slowly but surely driving me ever closer to insanity Basically I until recently had this nasty spyware that amongst other things locked me out of my task manager as well as the desktop tab in the display properties menu I removed the spyware and managed to get into the task manager by disabling the disabling function in the group policy menu by running gpedit msc However am still not able to get into the Desktop tab The options in the tab are simply greyed out as was previously the same with the taskmanager button When I tried the same trick in the group policy menu by going into User Configuration Administrative templates Control Panel Display option - It made no difference What I have tried is to simply disable all the possible settings there were in the User Configuration Administrative templates Control Panel Display option Is there a different section in the group policy menu which I have to alter or is there some other solution I would be very grateful for any help or possible ideas any of you guys might have as i m completely stumped on this one Ta Paddy nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a question that deals Table a Access on form is properties 2003 with how best to approach an issue with segredating data inside a Table properties on a form is Access 2003 form Let me explain I have a database that contains various information about our employees One such database table contains education information I have a form page dedicated to displaying this data for each employee My delima is how to display only the data pertaining to just that particular employee when their form is opened I took the Employees form in the Northwind database to use as a template In the sample database form each employee has sperate tabs that display only their data on the form One can Table properties on a form is Access 2003 also add either data of a new Employee for this form The goal is to click on JohnQ form click on the tab for Education and have only JohnQ s education information Table properties on a form is Access 2003 extracted from the tblEducation table come up or add the data here So that as the employees change so do the data I have read about queries but will this feat be better served by using some sort of code This is one of only two parts to a MAJOR task that I must complete to finish this project The last task is to send a date triggered email to all the email addresses in this database via OutLook I will leave that for yet another day R QSligh nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Every time I sign into my windows account at wireless 8 cannot pw. or save access Windows properties home it never automatically connects to it I tried following the tutorial at http www jmu edu computing desktop s-Windows pdf However when I get up to the part where you are support to right click on the wifi connection to access view connection properties I am unable to Right clicking on the wireless connection does absolutely nothing I even tried clicking on it and holding and still nothing When I go to the network and sharing center and click Windows 8 cannot access wireless properties or save pw. on the wireless connection it pops up a dialogue called wi-fi status However there is no button for wireless properties I remember in windows there use to be a tab where you change the key encryption type and there was a check box where you can save the password Essentially I can't access the dialog box in page of the above link I have spent numerous hours trying to figure this out Any help greatly appreciated

A:Windows 8 cannot access wireless properties or save pw.

It sounds like your version of Windows 8 is missing something or maybe just some files are missing, hard to say why this problem would occur.

You might try running the sfc/scannow command to see if there are any missing files.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16606-windows-8-cannot-access-wireless-properties-save-pw.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My original post was on someone else's thread so I started one that deals with my problem only Here is the link if you want to review what has already occurred http www techsupportforum com show hlight nitwit Can't programs. access to or attention!!!) needs Properties some (Back XP...still I am having several problems If I right Can't access Properties or some programs. (Back to XP...still needs attention!!!) click on a blank spot on the screen select PROPERTIES I don't get a list of properties Instead it opens up Firefox A box at the bottom says opening rundll exe which is a Application from C WINDOWS Can't access Properties or some programs. (Back to XP...still needs attention!!!) system I have downloaded Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition VX Add-on Cleaner Spybot Search amp Destroy CWShredder and Hijackthis by using the quot Save to Disk quot feature It gave me icons Can't access Properties or some programs. (Back to XP...still needs attention!!!) on my desktop Don't know how to have them check for updates without running them Rebooted tapping F key Did not get quot Safe Mode quot option Got a list of my hard drives and optical drives and asking did I want to use CD copies Chose the G hard drive which is my C-drive Booted up with quite a few Firefox panels opened Also had this message You have chosen to open quot mssysmgr exe quot which is a Application from C PROGRA Ahead NEROPH data xtras FlashGot has a circle with a dot inside it Below that is quot Save to Disk quot If I select okay for Flashgot I get an error message saying quot Doesn't include valid URL s Think I was able to run CWShredder but couldn't run Ad-Aware or Spybot Search amp Destroy as I get the same message as just described about the URL s I have run the Registry Mechanic Also updated ZoneAlarm Made the mistake or using 'Clean Install' on ZoneAlarm instead of keeping set preferences I can't open the Add Remove file I get the message about invalid URL s My daughter tells me Limewire and AIM are no longer working No big deal for me My computer has been shutting down on its own When turning computer back on I have a message quot TURN OFF SPEED KING quot Where this message shows is on a screen where a user would select their name if the computer was set up with more than one user Always before my computer loaded right to my desktop This message does not happen when I tap the F key No idea what this is about I fear I am in way over my head As stated previously I have limited computer knowledge I have been using CounterSpy for a week or two It runs at a m daily It is my understanding that it makes a 'safe start' point before it scans Isn't there a way to start my computer from a known safe point in time I may try to get up at a m so that I can let CounterSpy run Can't hurt I don't understand how FlashGot has entered into the picture I had downloaded it so that I could download OpenOffice org Guess I should have uninstalled it once OpenOffice was installed It is quite possible I made a change without realizing what I did That is what happened with an earlier problem I had somehow changed Rich Text Format properties so that it was opening with Firefox instead of WordPad Everytime I open my browser Mozilla FireFox I get this message You have chosen to open firefox exe which is a Application from C Program Files Mozilla Firefox What should Firefox do with this file Thanks for any help you can give P S My grandson was on the computer Friday afternoon Lord knows what he might have done He's and is only interested in finding games to play I am tempted to not let anyone else use my computer once I get this straightened out I'm too old to handle all this STRESS

A:Can't access Properties or some programs. (Back to XP...still needs attention!!!)

Seems like you have quite a few issues going on at the moment.

Please try this registry fix which should hopefully clear the URL errors you're getting. Then try this one which can hopefully sort out the application errors.

As for the rest, there is a chance that you may have picked up some infections from limewire or even through AIM. Therefore, i'd recommend reading through this link which advises on steps to take before posting a HiJack This log file here.

Post back if you have any questions :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-properties-or-some-programs-back-to-xp-still-needs-attention-118464.html
Relevancy 47.73%

The problem is when I right click on the hard drive in "My Computer", and click on either properties or sharing, nothing happens.
I have looked at other forums which say to run scan disk and virus scan. I have done that. I was able to run scan disk from dos. I keep getting no errors/viruses, but I still can't share or view properties. I was also able to start the computer in safe mode, start scan disk, reboot and have it run scan disk in dos mode. This still didn't work. I ran Fix-It Utilities 2000 and it still isn't fixed.

Windows 2000, current updates
McAfee anti-virus subscription
Zone Alarm Pro

A:can't access properties or sharing on hard drive

Try this Start/Run type: gpedit.msc
Navigate to-Computer Configuration/Administrative Template/Windows Component/Task Scheduler,on the right pane ,right click on "Hide property pages"and make sure it is set to either "Not Configured"or "Disabled"

Do the same for "User Configuration"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-properties-or-sharing-on-hard-drive.245187/
Relevancy 47.73%

When trying to access the WMI Control under computer management and checked the properties. The following error message came back when I looked in the general tab:

"Failed to initialize all required WMI classes.

Win32_Processor: Win32: Access is denied.
Win32_WMISetting: Successful
Security Information: Successful
Win32_OperatingSystem: Win32: Access is denied."

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, I upgraded from Windows XP.

If anyone can help me with this error it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Error while trying to access WMI Control properties on Vista

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gompert

When trying to access the WMI Control under computer management and checked the properties. The following error message came back when I looked in the general tab:

"Failed to initialize all required WMI classes.

Win32_Processor: Win32: Access is denied.
Win32_WMISetting: Successful
Security Information: Successful
Win32_OperatingSystem: Win32: Access is denied."

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, I upgraded from Windows XP.

If anyone can help me with this error it would be greatly appreciated.

I am using an ASUS G1 laptop with a clean install of Vista Home Premium (now SP1 v.668). I get this error as well. I believe this may be related to a whole slew of other problems I am having, such as the attempt at an installation of SQL Server 2005 Express and configuring IIS7.

I have run around in cirles looking for any sort of resolution for this and have seen no success online for these issues. Other than manually configuring every application I create in InterDev 2003 and 2008, there seems to be no fix for this other than upgrading to Vista Ultimate. Even then, I have not seen 100% resolution in these issues.

Do I have to go back to XP Pro to develop or what? I have UAC turned off, I run everything as administrator and in various compatability modes.

A major issue is one with WebResource.axd which always comes back with the declaration of "not registered". What information can I give that could help other investigate this more thoroughly than I have?

Frigginmook - frustrated developer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-while-trying-to-access-wmi-control-properties-on-vista-201556.html
Relevancy 47.73%

HELP PLEASE - ran an Avira scan when PC started running slow after detections popped up onscreen mins apart about hour after I had done some file backups and slow Trojans, access no PC, system to properties juggling between PC s - Trojans, slow PC, and no access to system properties not onscreen long enough to remember the names but action taken for both was quot Deny access quot Scan results are detection desription reads Is the TR Dldr ZSKiller Trojan in the source C System Volume Information restore lots of numbers EXE plus also found in the same scan multiple versions of Contains recognition pattern of Trojans, slow PC, and no access to system properties the ADSPY Mywebsearch A adware or spyware in the source C System Volume Information restore lots of numbers SCR Also instance of Contains recognition pattern of the ADSPY Dap E adware or spyware in the source C System Volume Information restore lots of numbers DLL I use a version of Download Accelerator Plus And instance of Contains recognition pattern of the ADSPY Conducent A adware or spyware in Trojans, slow PC, and no access to system properties the source C System Volume Information restore lots of numbers EXE selected to quot fix quot all which sent them to quarantine but PC still running very slow with minimal memory available Ran another scan but this time reported no detections problems still persist plus weird popup in an IE window my default is Firefox with no toolbar and the address http goslimscan com - file not found - text in window read quot The requested URL uid was not found on this server quot Also no access to PC system properties or anything else in the control panel - had to shut down everything i could to start HijackThis cos error said not enough memory - HijackThis log file below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS system VTtrayp exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files V CallCenter V faxecp exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c windows pp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS syste... Read more

A:Trojans, slow PC, and no access to system properties

additional info from original poster:

problems continue but have done further scans and had more dramatic popups like the one here:
did another HijackThis run and log file now looks like this:
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\program files\common files\logitech\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTtrayp.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
C:\windows\ld12.exe
C:\windows\pp10.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Weatherzone Tracker\weather_tracker.exe
C:\Program Files\V3CallCenter\V3faxecp.exe
C:\Program Files\Qlock\qlock.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\My Download Files\HijackThis v1.97\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.3572\swg.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTrayp] VTtrayp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sysldtray] C:\windows\ld12.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pp] C:\windows\pp10.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather Tracker2] C:\Program Files\Weatherzone Tracker\weather_tracker.exe
O4 - Startup: qlock.lnk = C:\Program Files\Qlock\qlock.exe
O4 - Startup: Reminders (2).lnk = C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Reminders.txt
O4 - Global Startup: CallCenter Printer Interface.lnk = C:\Program Files\V3CallCenter\V3faxecp.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{86502E76-E8E3-4802-8D24-1D0FA0E2B209}: NameServer = 203.0.178.191
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Logitech Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - c:\program files\common files\lo... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojans-slow-pc-and-no-access-to-system-properties.840560/
Relevancy 47.73%

As the title says I have no access to the control panel non-existent in my start menu and when I try to access properties it says I don t have privileges to access it I also don t have privileges to access the control panel it says The computer only had Computer No to properties the access My panel control of and one user which was mine and I was admin I m was getting some annoying pop up No access to the control panel and properties of My Computer messages that announced an anti-virus but then I ran SUPERAntiSpyware and it was solved After I ran the Smitfraudfix I had the control panel in my start menu and I could open it but I couldn t access a lot of the icons in the control panel After it rebooted and I started running SUPERAntiSpyware I noticed control panel once again disappeared from the start menu I tried to run Smitfraudfix again but it said something along the lines that the quot administrator locked the ability to edit the registries quot rough translation from Spanish Here is my Rapport txt after the second and third time I tried to run it in safe mode SmitFraudFix v Scan done at Mon Run from J Documents and Settings Miguel Escritorio SmitfraudFix SmitfraudFix OS Microsoft Windows XP Versi n - Windows NT The filesystem type is NTFS Fix run in safe mode SharedTaskScheduler Before SmitFraudFix Attention following keys are not inevitably infected SrchSTS exe by S Ri Search SharedTaskScheduler s dll Killing process hosts ad doubleclick net ad fastclick net ads fastclick net ar atwola com atdmt com avp ch avp com avp ru awaps net banner fastclick net banners fastclick net ca com click atdmt com clicks atdmt com customer symantec com dispatch mcafee com download mcafee com downloads-us kaspersky-labs com downloads-us kaspersky-labs com downloads-us kaspersky-labs com downloads kaspersky-labs com downloads kaspersky-labs com downloads kaspersky-labs com downloads kaspersky-labs com engine awaps net f-secure com fastclick net ftp avp ch ftp downloads kaspersky-labs com ftp downloads kaspersky-labs com ftp downloads kaspersky-labs com ftp f-secure com ftp kasperskylab ru ftp sophos com ids kaspersky-labs com kaspersky-labs com kaspersky com liveupdate symantec com liveupdate symantecliveupdate com mast mcafee com mcafee com media fastclick net my-etrust com nai com networkassociates com norton com phx corporate-ir net rads mcafee com secure nai com securityresponse symantec com service symantec com sophos com spd atdmt com symantec com trendmicro com update symantec com updates symantec com updates kaspersky-labs com updates kaspersky-labs com updates kaspersky-labs com updates kaspersky-labs com updates kaspersky-labs com us mcafee com vil nai com viruslist com viruslist ru virusscan jotti org virustotal com www avp ch www avp com www avp ru www awaps net www ca com www f-secure com www fastclick net www grisoft com www kaspersky-labs com www kaspersky com www kaspersky ru www mcafee com www my-etrust com www nai com www networkassociates com www sophos com www symantec com www symantec com www trendmicro com www viruslist com www viruslist ru www virustotal com www ca com Winsock Fix S Ri s WS Fix LSP not Found Generic Renos Fix GenericRenosFix by S Ri Deleting infected files DNS HKLM SYSTEM CCS Services Tcpip E B -BC - F - -E DF F DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CS Services Tcpip E B -BC - F - -E DF F DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CS Services Tcpip E B -BC - F - -E DF F DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CCS Services Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CS Services Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CS Services Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Deleting Temp Files Winlogon System Attention following keys are not inevitably infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon quot System quot quot quot Registry Cleaning Registry Cleaning not selected SharedTaskScheduler After SmitFraudFix Attention following keys are not inevitably infected SrchSTS exe by S Ri Search SharedTaskScheduler s dll nb... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

The probelm only happend on 1 win7 PC, suddenly the PC slow to open some network printer properties that also makes slow to print.

1. On the PC nstalled 3 Network printer A,B,C open B properties is normal fast, but slow to open A,C.
2. Others PC also installed those 3 network printer and No problem.

I have replace NIC, Reinstall/Repair Win7 but no success, How to trace/diagnose PC to Printer communication so I can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks

A:Slow open Network Printer Properties

Printer shares often work more quickly and efficiently with uPNP enabled in your router, depending upon exactly what you are calling a network printer...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208665-slow-open-network-printer-properties.html
Relevancy 47.3%

The wireless network properties box is missing. I have a Satellite pro 4600 with Linksys card for wireless and every thing worked once before. I replaced the hard drive with a new one and rebuilt the system. After installing the Cisco PEAP supplicant software to be able to logon at the college the box is now missing. I've tracked the problem to the PEAP software overwriting files on Win2000 sp4.
Or so the masters at M/S claim. Their advice was to reinstall Sp4. This didn't work. All of the information I have for configuring wireless cards for Win2000 show this box and it was there the firt time I set up the system. I have reformatted the hard drive twice then Installed Win2000 pro and the Sp3 and Sp4 using two different Install cds. I did not install the PEAP supplicant and still no box.

Thanks Rezehk

A:Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Did you install ALL the motherboard drivers for the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-pro-wireless-network-properties-box-missing.311041/
Relevancy 47.3%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have symptoms that I am having trouble getting rid All of them started Network Properties Connection Nowfind, WebSiteViewer, nights WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties ago and I have been trying to get rid of them since then First of all I have something called WebSiteViewer that keeps coming back even after it appears that it has been removed I have read WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties other logs on this forum about it and I have tried some of the advice but with no avail Second when I open a web browser it is going WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties to www nowfind net Third if I click on my Wireless Network Connection properties the window disappers without opening the properties So for so more detailed information on what I know about what is going on The WebSiteViewer has installed in C Program Files WebSiteViewer There are five files in that directory ban dd dlr exe and ico There is also a shortcut on my desktop and a shortcut on my Start Menu for the exe There is also a misb exe file in my root directory C that I believe is related as it has the same icon There is a process with an image name of dlr running I started out by manually deleting all of this stuff and manually shutting down the process I have also tried Spybot and Adware Both of these programs also found the WebSiteViewer stuff listed above as well as a few registry keys dealing with them They both seemed to remove everything however after a reboot everything comes back So somewhere there is something still living that reinstalls everything once I reboot The www nowfind net problem I initially tried just setting my default URL back to blank as I had it Which it accepts but then the next time I open a browser it is back If I type a URL without the preceding http then it automatically goes to www nowfind net however if I fully qualify the URL with http then it goes where I expect In the registry for HCU and HLM under Microsoft- gt Internet Explorer there are a number of entries that have the www nowfind net URL including Search and SearchURL Then under Main still under Internet Explorer there are Default Page URL Default Search URL Search Bar Search Page and Start Page And then under Search in CustomizeSearch and SearchAssistant I have tried deleting all of these registry entries manually However they come right back even without a reboot I can delete them then just refresh and they are right back So here again something is running that puts them back If I view my available Wireless Network Connections then hit the advanced tab then select my network and hit configure or properties then the window just disappears instead of opening the properties The last thing that I should mention is that I have also run CWShredder and TrendMicros virus scan the web version that is available from a link that I found somewhere in thisforum I am running XP and I also am running an outdated version of McAfee that came free on my computer Now I have never run HijackThis before I simply downloaded it and ran it I ran it while all of symptoms above were present as I stated AdWare and Spybot will remove the WebSiteViewer comes back after a reboot and the www nowfind net comes back right away I also read somewhere on the forum to use the KRC HijackThisAnalyzer so here is the result txt from it Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - Service McAfee com McShield McShield - Unknown owner - c... Read more

A:WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

...A Reflection On Spyware...

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

...greyknight17 DOT com...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/websiteviewer-nowfind-network-connection-properties-42318.html
Relevancy 47.3%

HI all am trying to change the ip address manually. to unbrick my router. so I go to my network and click properties to change the tcp ect. and the famous Unexpected error accured pops up. I try all the regsvr32 ect. stuff and nothing works. I have windows 8 pro. those anyone know how to fix this?

A:An Unexpected error accured Network properties

Is it really bricked or is it in limbo? I had one I thought was bricked, turns out i just had to wait it out to finish the firmware upgrade.

What model router is it?

Were you trying to install DD-WRT?

if you think that its just a configuration problem, then go to device manager and uninstall your network driver, then click on the action tab on top and click scan for hardware changes, and let windows reinstall them in their default settings. Now try your custom IP.

Did you do the 30-30-30 reset? (press and hold the reset button for 30 secs, unplug router, wait 30 secs, plug router in while still holding the reset, then after 30 more secs, release the reset.) Do not release the reset at any time, til the end.

If it has not completed the firmware upgrade then do not do the 30-30-30 reset until its done..

Brooklyn!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/25371-unexpected-error-accured-network-properties.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently recovered from the Agobot worm and a couple other viruses (serv1ces.exe and microsoft.exe). However I noticed today that nothing shows up when I try to access the Device Manager or my Network Properties. Is there a way to rectify this?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.3%

When I click on the properties tab for my NIC in Workstation 4.0 I get "cannot configure software component" message, how do I resolve this? I am trying to figure out my network settings. IE: Full or Half Duplex.

A:Network Adapter Properties {Moved to Networking}

This isn't a tip or trick. I'm going to transfer this over to the Networking forum.
Check for updates there

Well, I can't seem to move it. I've alerted TechGuy and this thread will be moved shortly.

[This message has been edited by ich (edited 08-29-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-properties-moved-to-networking.29049/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have up until a few days ago been able to modify and save my network properties ok I connected a new DisplayLink USB docking station that lead to an update of some sort I believed this to be 8 Not Properties Saving Network Connection Windows to do with associated drivers I Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving let this go ahead and it may well have nothing to do with the problems I have been having First of all I couldn't even see the IP parameters and kept getting an error as follows quot In Order to Configure TCP IP You Must Install and Enable a Network Adapter Card quot The wired and wireless was working in environments where I could use DHCP so I was confident the hardware was ok Uninstalling the drivers and then updating them has got me passed this problem so I can see and edit the IP parameters However now they are never saved I edit them close the window re-edit them and they are back to automatic settings I need to use static settings in the office So far as I can see there are possibilities I don't have permissions to save these settings wherever they are stored But I have administrator permissions Where are the settings stored I have saved them before How can I get access to be able to save them again Something else is overwriting the settings How do I find out what and stop it Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Or a way to diagnose solve my problem Thanks in advance Steve

A:Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving

Have you tried running a system file corruption scan/repair using the sfc /scannow command?

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32329-windows-8-network-connection-properties-not-saving.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey everyone So I've been experiencing a lot of unwarranted crashing recently Let & on access open programs All properties can't crash computer me list out all the strange behavior before pasting the FRST log When I start up my machine once I reach the All programs crash on open & can't access computer properties desktop screen very quickly what looks like a command prompt pops All programs crash on open & can't access computer properties up is there for maybe a half a second then closes immediately When opening some programs now they crash immediately upon opening Programs that I've found to be crashing are Steam gaming client - opens till the point of downloading client updates then crashes Skype - I briefly get the windows thinking blue ring and then nothing happens Immediate crash Windows Media Player and VLC player - Both crash immediately after opening Quicktime and iTunes - I briefly get the windows thinking blue ring and then nothing happens Immediate crash Other programs work fine no problem like all my browsers I use chrome and firefox as well as some other programs like spotify and my drawing programs alias sketchbook pro Not sure if this is connected but I've found that I can't download anything from Dropbox onto this computer And when I say can't download I mean there isn't even an option to do so when I log into their web-based client I have noticed that the option to download is there VERY briefly when I first log in but disappears within seconds of being on the site I can download things just fine onto my Cintiq Companion iPad and work computer I'm not sure if not being able to download to my desktop is connected to any of this I've found is that if I right-click on my Computer icon and click on properties in the drop-down menu it crashes my windows explorer immediately A quick flash my desktop disappears then is all reappears a second later Still can't access the properties screen And those are all the things I've noticed so far I've been running Avira on my computer to make sure any surface level virus spyware and malware is cleaned It found a total of virus upon scanning and I've attached those report logs if your interested in seeing what it found With all that explained here's the FRST log If I can get you guys anything else please just let me know I'm eager to work with you to help get this resolved asap Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by BigToews administrator on PLUGTOTHEWORLD on - - Running from C Users BigToews Desktop Loaded Profiles BigToews Available profiles BigToews Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe Alereon C Program Files x SAMSUNG Wireless Central Station AlUwbService exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe SMSC C Program Files SGFX sgfxmgr exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet Wacom WTabletServicePro exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Antivirus sched exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Antivirus avguard exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Spotify Ltd C Users BigToews AppData Roaming Spotify SpotifyWebHelper exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Remot... Read more

A:All programs crash on open & can't access computer properties

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===ATTENTION: System Restore is disabled.Important - Turn System Restore on or off - Windows Helphttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/turn-system-restore-on-off#1TC=windows-7===Remove the processes using the Add/Remove programs applet.DMUninstaller (HKLM-x32\...\DMUninstaller) (Version: - ) <==== ATTENTIONDownload Updater (AOL LLC) (HKLM-x32\...\SoftwareUpdUtility) (Version: - ) <==== ATTENTIONFunmoods on IE and Chrome (HKLM-x32\...\funmoods) (Version: - ) <==== ATTENTION===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:

HKU\S-1-5-21-4120417985-3311138565-2582081851-1000\...\Run: [AdobeBridge] => [X]
HKU\S-1-5-21-4120417985-3311138565-2582081851-1000\...\Run: [NextLive] => C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe ",EntryPoint -m l
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-4120417985-3311138565-2582081851-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://start.funmoods.com/?f=1&a=ddrnw
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4120417985-3311138565-2582081851-1000 -> DefaultScope {90B7F9EA-3B24-4673-8765-835D26CF83FF} URL = http://start.funmoods.com/results.php?f=4&a=ddrnw&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4120417985-3311138565-2582081851-1000 -> {014DB5FA-EAFB-4592-A95B-F44D3EE87FA9} URL = http://search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?ctid=CT3324319&octid=EB_ORIGINAL_CTID&SearchSource=58&CUI=&UM=2&UP=SPB1CC768A-EF57-48B5-AA1D-5DB9B0F6BEC2&q={searchTerms}&SSPV=
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4120417985-3311138565-2582081851-1000 -> {90B7F9EA-3B24-4673-8765-835D26CF83FF} URL = http://start.funmoods.com/results.php?f=4&a=ddrnw&q={searchTerms}
BHO-x32: Funmoods Helper Object -> {75EBB0AA-4214-4CB4-90EC-E3E07ECD04F7} -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Funmoods\funmoods\1.5.11.16\bh\funmoods.dll [2012-01-25] (Funmoods BHO)
Toolbar: HKLM-x32 - Funmoods Toolbar - {A4C272EC-ED9E-4ACE-A6F2-9558C7F29EF3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Funmoods\funmoods\1.5.11.16\funmoodsTlbr.dll [2012-01-25] (Funmoods)
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF SearchPlugin: C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\at5cjh7r.default-1385943104367\searchplugins\conduit-search.xml [2014-01-22]
CHR C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\flliilndjeohchalpbbcdekjklbdgfkk [2015-05-01]
CHR HKLM\...\Chrome\Extension: [flliilndjeohchalpbbcdekjklbdgfkk] - https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [fdloijijlkoblmigdofommgnheckmaki] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Funmoods\funmoods\1.5.11.16\funmoodsOEM.crx [2012-01-04]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [flliilndjeohchalpbbcdekjklbdgfkk] - https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx
S3 wacommousefilter; system32\DRIVERS\wacommousefilter.sys [X]
S3 wacomvhid; system32\DRIVERS\wacomvhid.sys [X]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Funmoods
C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\flliilndjeohchalpbbcdekjklbdgfkk
C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Local\Temp\avgnt.exe
C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Local\Temp\dropbox_sqlite_ext.{5f3e3153-5bce-5766-8f84-3e3e7ecf0d81}.tmph_u0kj.dll
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\BigToews\Cookies:KgrS260iVmSHAcHlJD389mtm
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Local\Temp:Jpxyvrqjl50qQnPh6mFlw
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Local\Temp:QqDNL10h9yX6oMB5ps3

End
Save the files as fix... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575144/all-programs-crash-on-open-cant-access-computer-properties/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I want to run code from an activex command button in MS Word 2007 that reads and changes the caption and name of the command button. Is that possible? If so, how do I do it? I have some experience with VBA from MS Access and thought I could use Me.Name or Me.Properties.Name or something similar but that does not appear to be available.

Thanks for any help!

A:Access command button properties in Word 2007

This would be easy in something like C# but I can't find a way to tell VBA to run anything other than the [CurrentName]_Click event when it is clicked. If you only need to change it a few times and to known (before program execution) values then this can be done using the known values.
Code:

Private Sub bye_Click()
bye.Name = "hi"
bye.Caption = "hi"
End Sub
Private Sub hi_Click()
hi.Name = "bye"
hi.Caption = "bye"
End Sub
I'm guessing you need something smarter than this but just incase this is all you need...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-command-button-properties-in-word-2007.1058888/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am running Windows Vista home basic. 32bit.

Yesterday, when I logged in my system icons were gone, my desktop icons were gone, I can't right click on the desktop.
I also can't use ctrl, alt & delete to access the task manager.
I did right click on the taskbar and bring up the properties. I then clicked on the notification area to see if I could just click on them in there but they are grayed out.

I've run a virus scan using Norton's but haven't run any spyware/malware software since I don't have any d/l into this computer.
I was hoping maybe it was something simple that maybe my daughter's did.
I deleted all the other user accounts in case it was a corrupted user account.
It didn't help so I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Task Manager System Icons Gone, Can't Access In Properties

Is yours the only account on the computer? Can you get into safemode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159669/task-manager-system-icons-gone-cant-access-in-properties/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I have a Windows 7 Ultimate.

Recently I have been unable to change or even access some settings on my pc. I can't access user accounts- when I click on it, nothing happens. Same with other stuff like my screen saver and sounds. This is also happening when I click on the properties of a file. I right click on the file, click properties and nothing opens. This happens with all files (folders, pictures, documents...).

I have run several antivirus scans on the computer, opened it in Safe mode, done the sfc/scan too. Nothing has appeared to be wrong apart from the above.

A:Unable to access all pc settings and view properties of files

Quote: Originally Posted by chromer

Hello, I have a Windows 7 Ultimate.

Recently I have been unable to change or even access some settings on my pc. I can't access user accounts- when I click on it, nothing happens. Same with other stuff like my screen saver and sounds. This is also happening when I click on the properties of a file. I right click on the file, click properties and nothing opens. This happens with all files (folders, pictures, documents...).

I have run several antivirus scans on the computer, opened it in Safe mode, done the sfc/scan too. Nothing has appeared to be wrong apart from the above.

You should only have one anti-virus. More than one can cause them to conflict with each other.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396100-unable-access-all-pc-settings-view-properties-files.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Not sure why but when I got a windows update earlier in the week, when my laptop rebooted, all my icons had disappeared. I checked up and the icons size etc and made sure it was switched on (icon display) but nothing seems wrong. This happened on my desktop and in file explorer as well. I then thought about changing the theme to switch the icons but I can't find nor access theme chooser. Then tried to see if I could do it manually via properties but that doesn't work either! I'm at a loss to know whats gone wrong. I thought it might be related to the upgrade but uninstalled it and it remained the same. On my desktop all that is there are the names of the files/progs/ etc are there just no icon.
Help!

A:Lost icons and can't access theme change or properties!!

Hi Welcome to Windows Central! Sounds like you might need to do a in-place repair or refresh-reset. Maybe go in to Advanced Startup and try to restore to a earlier time. I'll be logging on and off all day. If you have questions I'll try to help you.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/445186-lost-icons-cant-access-theme-change-properties.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hello all i am working on a Dell LAtitude D It access Solved: network no had a malware infection which i took care of by slaving it to another desktop and running a scan with forefront by the time i reconnected i had to reinstall the OS cos the ntdlr file was not found Everything was ok after that I Solved: no network access dint howver get the network drivers for D that night cos the dell website was too sluggish and i had a deadline to deliver upon so i used the driver for D network access was fine after that the next day however the computer couldnt connect to network via the LAN After quot acquiring IP address quot finishes getting address assigned the computer cannot properly connect to any network resource It can ping the network addresses and all but no access like connect to a Solved: no network access network printer log on to a network host internet access etc I have since been able to download the proper version of broadcom netxtreme xx driver but there seems to be no progress As a matter of fact it doesnt detect network any longer PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Solved: no network access

Ok:
Let's do a couple of things.
Go into device manager and confirm that the driver you downloaded is the one being used by the adapter,
Then:
From a Johnwill post on the Networking Forum
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-network-access.942534/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a desktop running network Solved: Lan access Cannot my WinXP Pro Homer and a laptop with XP home Bart connected via a crossover cable I have run the Network setup wizard on both many times but they Solved: Cannot access my Lan network could not see each other I then manually assigned IP addresses and Bingo the system worked I could share files etc only the internet connection sharing was not working However I then had problems with my PC hanging for several minutes after I connected to an ISP which I posted another thread about and that now seems to have been resolved thanks Problem now is accessing the network When I try to View workgroup computers on Solved: Cannot access my Lan network either machine I get a message quot Simpson is not accessible You might not have permissions to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The network path was not found quot I am logged in as administrator on both PCs and cannot find anywhere to set or unset access permissions if that is the problem Neither can I find anywhere to view the network paths nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Windows XP Pro desktop computer and a Windows starter mini laptop I want to connect my laptop wirelessly to my brother mfc cw printer My desktop printer connection works fine On my laptop I see my network computer when I type in MASTERCOMP in start menu However when I double click the printer but I access Solved: network cannot it see that I see it says quot Windows cannot connect to the printer Access is denied quot I also try installing in locally but that does not work as Solved: cannot access network but I see it I have read that it did for people on other threads quot You should also know that print sharing is enabled the firewall is turned off and I can view my laptop name on my desktop under workgroup but cannot open the folder as it says quot you may not have permission quot All internet connections wirelessly and locally work fine So basically how do I gain access to my desktop printer from my laptop that uses windows starter this version does NOT come with quot print management quot btw If anyone knows please help me as this is driving me crazy Thanks Please note I have tried this and no luck lt small gt Go into Control Panel lt small gt lt small gt Underneath the Hardware and Sound category click on COLOR blue important COLOR blue important Printer COLOR COLOR lt small gt lt small Solved: cannot access network but I see it gt Click on Add a printer from the top menu lt small gt lt small gt Click on Add a Local Printer lt small gt lt small gt Choose Create a New Port with type of port remaining Local Port then click Next lt small gt lt small gt In the Port Name box type the path to the printer you wish to connect to and Click Ok Ex mycomputer myprinter If the COLOR blue important COLOR blue important computer COLOR COLOR you wish to connect to is named Bob and the printer is called HP then the path would be Bob HP lt small gt lt small gt In the Install Printer Driver COLOR blue important COLOR blue important screen COLOR COLOR select your printer from the list or choose Have Disk and find the location of the printer drivers on the computer then click Next and then click Finish lt small gt lt small gt You should now see the printer COLOR blue important COLOR blue important installed COLOR COLOR in the Printers window lt small gt lt small gt Right-click on the printer and click Properties lt small gt lt small gt On the General tab click Print Test Page to test the printer lt small gt I have also tried to create a network setup disc and when I install the netsteup file on my laptop it says network setup wizard failed nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi something broke that used to work just fine PC Solved: Can't access network I have a desktop at one end of the house and a laptop at the other The laptop via My Network Places has a bunch of shortcuts I created a few yrs ago that point to partitions and folders on the desktop HD None of them now work and I can not create a new one I CAN HOWEVER print over the network to a printer attached to the desktop PC so connectivity is OK I m trying to create a new network shortcut to a HD partition as follows Add Network Place Wizard-- gt Choose another network location-- gt Browse for network quot place quot via Entire Network-- gt Microsoft Windows Solved: Can't access network PC Network-- gt quot name of desktop PC work group quot -- gt quot name of desktop PC quot -- gt partition drive letter L It finds it and Solved: Can't access network PC it appears in window So far everything looks copacetic I then click Next-- gt Next and check box for quot open this network place Solved: Can't access network PC when I click finish Click Finish and the same error I get clicking on any existing network place lt desktop name gt not accessible You might not have permission Contact the administrator Not enough server storage is available to process this command But I AM the amp administrator I have admin privileges for everything I can see for miles I have G of HD space left on C on the laptop and G on the desktop PC so HD space is not an issue Windows firewall is off and sharing is turned on for everything The first time I did this a few yrs ago I had no idea what I was doing but I plowed ahead anyway and it worked fine on the first attempt and continued working for several years What s changed Not sure It just quit working Any suggestions thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a windows network in our office with a sonicwall firewall. I have configured the ipaddress (192.168.0.100) of the firewall as Gateway on all the pcs. Everybody is accessing the internet without any problem except 2 users. We have a cisco router in our network attached to isdn modem, the ip address of the router is 192.168.0.10, those two users are using this ip address as gateway to access an ERP Application(citrix based) on our remote office. I had configured both the gateways 192.168.0.10 & 192.168.0.100 in the tcp/ip settings. They can access only one at at time, either ERP or Internet not both.

How can i do some settings so that these two guys access ERP as well as Internet from their pcs? Do i have to make some settings on the Soniwall firwall or on their pcs?

pls help....