Windows Support Forum

Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers

Q: Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers

Please can someone help and explain something to a complete numpty Started off Set To Through Routers Me A 2 Wireless Talk Using Network Please Up How using an Origo AR Modem Router for wired PCs - Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers which worked perfectly We got a laptop and wanted to go wireless so bought a Linksys WRK G wireless router I plugged the Internet port on the Linksys into the one of the ethernet ports on the Origo and left the wired PC into the Origo - the internet worked fined on wireless and wired PC BUT also wanted to network the computers so plugged a cable between one of the ethernet ports on each router - this worked OK too and now had internet and could share files amp printers Firstly does that sound like the right way to do things With it set up as above the two routers used to go crazy sometimes and all the lights would flash quickly and there d be Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers no connection anywhere This is solved by switching off back on the routers Now fiddling around with Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers it today to sort out another problem it seems I don t need the internet cable plugged in - with it like this I can t get into the Linksys s settings using Please could someone tell me the proper way to do it Thanks Phil nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-talk-me-through-how-to-set-up-a-wireless-network-using-2-routers.520095/
Relevancy 73.53%

hey,
did a search but couldn't find anything.
I'm trying to add a bit of wireless to a network but it isn't working out. Got a Belkin access point (F5D7130uk) and a wirless pci card (F5D7001uk) and plugged them in...
The AP doent seem to support DHCP but so far I've got it to talk to the rest of the network by setting up a static IP with the existing router.
Now the client sees the network and seems to connect to it but i cant get an IP address back and even if I set one up it still doesn't get any packets from the network!
Please help, I've got myself int a muddle and I'm getting chest pains

A:Can't get a PC to talk to a wireless network

Turn of any encryption on the AP until you get it working.

Set the channel used by the AP manually to 6 or 11. If possible, set the channel manually on the client side too.

Disable any proprietary wireless "acceleration" technologies on the AP.

Make sure you haven't left anything unconfigured on the AP. It may be that the AP comes with a very strict security out of the box and you have to manaully set up everything.

Disable any software firewalls on the client. Including the gay Windows Firewall. Make sure you have the wireless services enabled in Windows if you are not using some special software to connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-a-pc-to-talk-to-a-wireless-network.17128/
Relevancy 70.52%

I ve recently upgraded my internet provider to BT and received a BT Home Hub as the new wireless router Previous to this I was using a wireless Belkin G MIMO ADSL router model number F D - There are places in the house where the wireless signal is very poor Connecting to the internet using either of these routers is difficult in these spots However since the Belkin is now spare I ve been thinking about trying to use it as a low cost repeater i e free to extend the wireless range in the house There are several good articles that I ve found on this a a link routers wireless network between two wireless wireless using Extend site which address the connection of two routers together e g John Will s article on connecting two SOHO routers is a good example but they rely on an ethernet connection between the two routers I m just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to establish a wireless link between the two routers to extend the range of the current wireless network Cheers everyone and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Extend a wireless network using a wireless link between two wireless routers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-a-wireless-network-using-a-wireless-link-between-two-wireless-routers.1074102/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,
I am unable to connect my new wireless lappy to my local (Talk Talk broadband) connection I use for my desktop.
Is Vista wireless compatible with Talk Talk broadband? Doesn't seem to be aware of that connection...

Also where do I obtain key 'security key or passphrase'

Im sure this is obvious but I need help as Im no good at this

thanks

A:Wireless Vista laptop connection to Talk Talk

How does your desktop connect, are you using a router or modem or what. We need more information to be able to help you.

What operating system does the desktop use and what security programs do you have installed on both your machines, it could be the firewall blocking things or it could be something else.

Post back with as much information as you can get about your machines and the way you connect to the internet and someone should be able to help you.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/190521-wireless-vista-laptop-connection-talk-talk.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I live in a large house that has ethernet ports throughout the house. I need to have two separate wireless routers to insure I have wireless coverage. There will be one upstairs and one downstairs. Is there any advantages or disadvantages in naming both of the wireless networks with the same name?

Thank you for looking.

A:Solved: Naming a wireless network using two wireless routers

I wouldn't use two SOHO wireless routers for this.

The better way is to use APs from companies like Aruba Networks, Ubiquiti, or Meraki. These companies have APs which allow them to operate as one unified wireless network without the expense of purchasing a wireless controller. By doing this, you have the ability to add APs anytime you want which will join the AP cluster and operate as a unified device with the cluster. It allows the ability to have the APs being aware of each other and as a result adjust their output transmissions so they won't be stomping on each other running full blast. It allows you to use one or more SSIDs which all the APs will service and hence more seamless roaming throughout your house; without issues inherent with using independent APs or with SOHO wireless routers configured to use the same SSID. These systems also have the ability to constantly auto select operating channels in both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands so your wireless network is always operating at the best efficiency/performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-naming-a-wireless-network-using-two-wireless-routers.1139849/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok so I am in a rough spot and could really use some help I was so happy to find this kind of service available to the community Thank you to everyone involved for making this service available I m not accustomed to typing out these kinds of issues so please bear with me I am fairly good with computers and in need of more income I decided to start doing some contracting work on my own and this is my first networking gig I have a lot 2 & Network Wireless Routers With NAS of experience with computers but almost zero business networking experience I have setup routers modems and wifi at multiple residential locations So I thought it wouldn t be a problem Wireless Network With 2 Routers & NAS taking on an upgrade networking project for a small auto repair business Turns out I couldn t get things working and am at a loss as to how to resolve the situation I m not sure if it s a router hardware compatibility setup Wireless Network With 2 Routers & NAS or settings issue or all the above I m feeling a little defeated and could really use some guidance Current Scenario They have Time Warner Business Class internet service I m assuming this is DSL There is a front desk computer an office computer with a wireless router and then multiple laptops throughout the location that share internet access on an already installed setup wifi network In the garage area a fairly large distance from the front desk and office is where the Time Warner modem and another wireless router are installed and mounted Equipment I m adding I setup new computers and printers for their front desk and office area We got a new router a Netgear Nighthawk to replace the cheaper and older ASUS model presently in the office We also got Buffalo Tech NAS to automatically back up all computers on the network and have remote file access Here is the problem I didn t know the modem for the internet was in the garage I assumed it to be in the office I originally thought the router in the garage to be just another access point or a wife extended network of sorts Now I m realizing it may be the main router I replaced the office router with the new router and it wouldn t work All the lights came on except for internet connection I even let the wizard have me user the prior router s exact same settings and it still didn t work None of the windows or router wizards could resolve the problem I tried different computers and that wasn t the issue So I disconnected the new router put the old one back in place and everything worked fine again I then went to the garage where there is the mounted router and attempted to replace that one It also did not work for me This router has a connection that the new router doesn t have I believe it is a Coaxial cable Even though this new Netgear Nighthawk router is one of the best out there right now it doesn t have this I hooked everything up minus the coaxial cable and it did not work for me I was sure to hook up everything else that was attached to the previous router I did reboot and reset in both orders to see if that helped and it didn t So I put the old router back up so that business would not be affected That is where I am stuck I m not sure what I m missing but since I m only allowed one question I will phrase it in terms of the outcome I would like to achieve if possible Of course I m open to any suggestions How do I install the new router and NAS in the office and have everything up and running correctly The router in the office presently does not have a coaxial cable either I am hoping to replace this one with the new router I d love to just leave the garage alone and simply replace the office router and add NAS there If I HAVE to put new router in garage I would have to make a new wall mount and there is no location ideal for NAS equipment I also don t know how this coaxial cable comes into play I m kind of in over my head and would really appreciate some help before I make a fool myself fingers crossed I have to work on thi... Read more

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi guys Wireless Network? Routers the on Same Two I currently have a Netgear DG PN Wireless Modem Router that plugs into my Gaming PC and my Dad s PC through ethernet However due Two Wireless Routers on the Same Network? to firewall problems I cannot run game servers that go to the net So I thought of this Is there a way to hook up two wireless routers onto the same network Or phone line I tried hooking the netgear router and a spare Netcomm Modem up through a phone line with a double adapter on the end and a spare modem connecting the Belkin to the internet but one would connect and the other would say its connected but wouldn t go to Google Is there a way to get pass this I m guessing I might have to ring the ISP but I dunno what to say about it My second theory was that if I hook the Belkin up from the Netgear and set it up I could connect my Laptop Server up to that Wiereless didn t work however running straight from cable did but when I went to login to the Router settings it went straight to the Netgear instead of the Belkin Is there a way to make it only go to the Belkin Thanks for your help UPDATE I can connect wirelessly from my Laptop with the Belkin plugged into the Netgear but it won t connect to internet even though its saying im connected to the Belkin wirelessly nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Please responed...

This is what i really hope to set up.
Its really all there..
if someone could tell me what i have to do...

BTW- the routers are both linksys.

The Link--- img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mynetworkqr0.png

thanks!!

A:Please Help Answer About My New Network And 2 Wireless Routers in One Network

I know English is not your first language... What is your question? Your link isn't posted properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-answer-about-my-new-network-and-2-wireless-routers-in-one-network.107291/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello What I am trying to do is set up wireless routers on the same network Here is a diagram of my shop that i am trying to do this in The first router is set up like this Modem Router port switch Router Now i have a router set up the orange square in the on up 2 same Setting network wireless routers office and it broadcast the wireless signal about as far as the orange circle i have it set up as with the dhcp turned on to Setting up 2 wireless routers on same network give out - The second router set up in shop is connected with a cable running from the switch to shop Its ip is and the dhcp is handing out - The cable running to the second router is plugged into LAN port not the WAN port The wireless on Router will not reach Router hinse why i Setting up 2 wireless routers on same network hard-wired it I have one computer plugged into LAN port of Router and i am having no problems with it My problems are with the laptops trying to run off the wireless They connect for a minute then disconnect They are not out of range because i have them sitting right next to Router I can set it up to were Router network is diffrent from Router and i can get on the internet Setting up 2 wireless routers on same network fine But the desktop wired to Router needs to be on the same network as everyone elses on Router because there are files on the server hooked to Router that we need access to If someone can give me a hint on what i am doing wrong for Router it would be appreciated nbsp

A:Setting up 2 wireless routers on same network

why not let the first router do all the DHCP ?

see here

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-2-wireless-routers-on-same-network.1040875/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I have recently installed wireless Cant connected talk get Talk Talk Talk on my laptop I went through the instillation CD and it seemed to go OK The laptop will connect if hard wired through the router but wont connect wirelessly It doesn t even detect a wireless connection I Cant get Talk talk wireless connected have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice to make sure I have detailed the error message I received from talk talk below The laptop is a Toshiba personal computer Intel Celeron GHZ GHZ M of RAM The router is a Huawei Wireless HG These are the settings I received from talk talk when i rang VCI - PTI - Connection type - PPPoA Encapsulation mode - VCMUX ADSL Modulation - Auto G DMT ANSI T Modulation type - Auto G DMT Authentication - CHAP IP Address - automatic or dynamic Primary DNS - Secondary DNS I don t know if these are the settings on my laptop coz I don t know how to check them The info below the line is what i got from Talk Talk help ------------------------------------------------------------------ This information was saved from TalkTalk Broadband on November Gathering system information Please wait My network Computer name LAPTOP DNS name LAPTOP Domain LAPTOP Workgroup - User name User DNS servers TCPIP addresses Proxy configuration Proxy enabled false Proxy address - Proxy automatic configuration address - Bypass proxy for local addresses false Local addresses to bypass - Network adapter Networking device Atheros AR G Wireless Network Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport Type Cable status Disconnected DHCP enabled No IP addresses Autoconfiguration enabled Yes Subnet masks Default gateway - DNS servers WINS enabled No WINS servers Broadcast address DHCP server Subnet MAC address - -E - -A -F Service name EA - - B - - C A F FA Title EA - - B - - C A F FA Connection name Wireless Network Connection Connection status Disconnected SSID - BSSID - Authentication mode Open Encryption type Disabled Channel Signal strength No Signal Link speed Mbit s Supported rates Mbit s Infrastructure mode Infrastructure Networking device Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport Type Cable status Connected DHCP enabled Yes IP addresses Autoconfiguration enabled Yes Subnet masks Default gateway DNS servers WINS enabled No WINS servers Broadcast address DHCP server Subnet MAC address - - - D- B-A Service name D D - E- BC- -EBEA E Title D D - E- BC- -EBEA E Connection name - Connection status Unknown SSID - BSSID - Authentication mode Unknown Encryption type Unknown Channel - Signal strength Excellent Link speed - Mbit s Supported rates - Mbit s Infrastructure mode Unknown Modem information Name - Code - Modem type - Connection type - nbsp

A:Cant get Talk talk wireless connected

Please do an IPconfig /all when you are trying to connect wirelessly and post here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-talk-talk-wireless-connected.651761/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hy,
Okay so for the past week i have battled with my two routers trying to make them talk to each other.
My main router (router A) is a dlink dir-615 ver. B
My second router (router b) that im trying to make talk to router A is a dlink router dir-615 ver E1 flashed with dd-wrt custom firmware.
I have looked at every setup guide people have posted online and youtube videos to no avail.
can anyone help me make my 2 routers talk to each other?

Relevancy 66.22%

I m trying to replace two wireless routers in a home wireless network set up The network consists of One Belkin router going into a Cable Modem Time Warner In the LAN ports of this router there are two connections that represent data ports upstairs a network Replacing wireless routers home set up on I can t get into the config sheet of this router The second Belkin router is Replacing routers on a home wireless network set up in the lady s study and it is hard-wired to its WAN port I can get into the config page and it is and it has DHCP Replacing routers on a home wireless network set up on although curiously when I wirelessly connect to it and right click the wireless network connection in the properties sheet it shows as access point The third Belkin router is in a bedroom at Replacing routers on a home wireless network set up the opposite end of the house and it wasn t hard wired and I can t get into its config sheet My guess is that it must have been hard wired into the data port on the wall as these routers can not act as wireless repeaters When I swap numbers and out neither of the two new ones can connect to the Internet which makes me think that router is mac address controlled or the cable modem is blocking Internet access I m at the point where I think I am going to have to break everything and start from scratch but I am hesitant without knowing how the existing network was set up as ideally I just want to mimic it but with fresh hardware On the new routers when I connect to the interface I can set up all the security etc but the only thing that is missing is internet connectivity Cyber pint to anyone that can shed any light on what I should do next nbsp

A:Replacing routers on a home wireless network set up

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacing-routers-on-a-home-wireless-network-set-up.916973/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a problem that comes with a long story so sorry i have cable internet which is set up inside my house the cable modem is connecet to a Two see routers cant on wireless network Solved: computers wireless router via a ethernet cable to the wan port This is then connected to a wireless access router via port one of wr to the wan port of wr this is set up in an office about mts away from wr on wr i have disabled the wireless as this caused many problems an connected an access point as advised by dlink wr also has two other computers Solved: Two wireless routers cant see computers on network connected to it including an exchange server these are connected to the wr ports All computers can connect to the internet via Solved: Two wireless routers cant see computers on network the access point or wr or wr without an issue All computers in the area of wr and the access point can see all computers on the network but when anything is connected to wr they cannot see the exchange server or any computers on the network lan settings as advised by dlink wr wr I am at my witts end nbsp

A:Solved: Two wireless routers cant see computers on network

Here's the recipe for connecting two routers to accomplish what you are trying to do.

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-two-wireless-routers-cant-see-computers-on-network.656402/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi folks,

Just a quickie.

Have any of you subscribed to Orange Wireless & Talk recently? If so could you tell me do you get one wireless adaptor with the kit or do you need to buy one if your pc is not wireless enabled?

Thanks,

Grant.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/orange-wireless-talk.490223/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am connecting a laptop with a pc both running xp home sp 2. Pc has linksys pci net adap and laptop has voyager 1065 card. They both claim to be connected to the ad hoc system and show in 'wireless connections' as all ok in terms of transmitting data. But neither of them seems to be able to receive data. I have disabled firewalls and enabled file sharing. But to no avail. They cannot see each other in 'workgroup computers'. Before I fitted the linksys pci card, the pc was using a voyager usb adapter 1055 and it worked fine.

Any help gratefully received before I pull my last hair out.!

Relevancy 55.47%

I am unable to set up my home network so that my work laptop (HP Home) can talk to and us my home PC (XP Pro)/ printer, through my Linksys router. All thought I get on the WEB from my Laptop through my router.

A:XP Home & XP Pro can't talk on hm network

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabe103

I am unable to set up my home network so that my work laptop (HP Home) can talk to and us my home PC (XP Pro)/ printer, through my Linksys router. All thought I get on the WEB from my Laptop through my router.

Have you checked the workgroup (My computer => properties=> computer name=> change => worgroup)
Make sure it is the same on both computers.

Firewalls. Have you checked that file and print sharing are enabled in control panel => security center=> firewall => settings
I suggest turning off other firewalls during network setup to determine if they are the cause of the problem. Often you need to rerun the firewall wizard to allow the network.

I also find that it is generally simplest to let windows do the work. GO to my network places and under the common tasks try running the home network setup wizard. This often finds and corrects the problems.
Just make sure to run it on both computers, to make sure you choose the same workgroup name and that you restart when finished. Best to restart both after you have finished running it on the second machine too.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-and-xp-pro-cant-talk-on-hm-network-226077.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello can netscreen to different talk 5gt How on PC network PC using I have a juniper netscreen gt-wireless router Pc s on both the trust interface and the wireless interface can access the internet but pc s How PC can talk to PC on different network using netscreen 5gt on How PC can talk to PC on different network using netscreen 5gt the trust interface cannot talk to the pc s on the wireless interface and vice versa The trust interface is and the wireless interface is Both trust and wireless interface are in the Trust zone How can I configure the router to allow the pc s to be on the same network or to be able to talk to each other Here are some of the router settings Port mode is trust-untrust trust and wireless in Trust zone interface Name IP Netmask Zone Type Link Configure serial Null Unused down Edit trust Trust Layer up Edit untrust XXX XXX XXX XXX Untrust Layer up Edit vlan VLAN Layer down Edit wireless Wzone Layer down Edit wireless Trust Layer up Edit Deactivate tust interface is set as DHCP server - addresses - wireless interface is set as DHCP server - addresses - Interface link status Name Zone Link trust Trust Up wireless Trust Up untrust Untrust Up Policies From Untrust To Trust total policy ID Source Destination Service Action Options Configure Enable Move Any VIP HTTPS Edit Clone Remove Any VIP RDC Edit Clone Remove Any VIP MAIL Edit Clone Remove Any VIP POP Edit Clone Remove Any VIP FTP Edit Clone Remove Any VIP Server Web Edit Clone Remove Any VIP Server Web Edit Clone Remove Any VIP uTorrent Edit Clone Remove Any VIP NAS Edit Clone Remove From Trust To Untrust total policy ID Source Destination Service Action Options Configure Enable Move Any Any ANY Edit Clone Remove nbsp

A:How PC can talk to PC on different network using netscreen 5gt

The trust interface is 192.168.1.1 and the wireless2 interface is 192.168.2.1Click to expand...

And this is the problem -- you have TWO subnets (1 & 2) and there is no Route between the two.

It would appear that your wiring would look like
Code:
modem ---- router#1 ----wireless-router#2
The simple fix is to get both routers onto the same subnet (192.168.1.x) by:
take the wire from router#1 that attaches to the wireless router
disconnect the router#2 side (which is the WAN port)
and move it to an empty LAN port
reconfig router#2 to disable DHCP
that last step must be done with a system WIRED to router#2

All systems with then be on the same subnet and will be able to PING each other.
Sharing or access control will then be by
firewall control
or ACL password control

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-pc-can-talk-to-pc-on-different-network-using-netscreen-5gt.105603/
Relevancy 55.04%

having tried so many times to set-up my wireless router to talk talk even calling them in aiding me to get connected they have help for d-link a hauew based version but not tp-link
TD-W8910G all i need is the correct setup procedure and what i have to tick or not tick using the so(called) quick easy setup built in this is what i have done so far....to no evale

e.g

vpi0-255) 0
vci(32-65535) 38
PPP over atm(PPPoA)
encapsulating mode (??????????)
username
password
authentiification method :CHAP
dial on demand :15
PPP ip EXTENSION:yes
STATIC IP:NO
ppp DEBUGING:YES
WAN ENABLE:YES
ENABLE DHCP:YES
ENABLE WIRELESS:YES

SAVE/REEBOOT

THIS DONT WORK UNABLE TO CONNECT TO ANYTHING NET RELATED AND YES HAVE DONE A CMDING/IPCONFIG AND SETUP XP CORRECTLY....sorry for the shouting but doing my head in need help plus the router has been tested with another network and is working correctly...

Relevancy 55.04%

Had problems with this laptop but sorted thanks to this forum. Been in spain for 6 months internet fine. Back in UK, trying to connect to Talk Talk, wont connect. Other laptop working fine. Dont know what the problem is???

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445206/internet-working-fine-in-spain-cannot-connect-to-talk-talk-in-uk/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all

I have just received a Huawei - Echolife HG521 router from TALKTALK and am wanting to set up port forwarding so that i can have my web server working, i have had the web server running on my old router but i can not find the port forwarding page on this router. does anybody know how to find it? i know it exists because i found it yesterday but am not sure how i found it

Any help would be great

Cheers

A:Solved: Port Forwarding on Talk Talk HG521

Scrap that, as soon as i posted that i found the page,

for anybody else that can not find it

Advanced > NAT > Port mapping (at the top)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-port-forwarding-on-talk-talk-hg521.933255/
Relevancy 54.61%

and you bank details etc quot Police are investigating a quot significant and sustained cyber-attack quot on the TalkTalk website the UK company says The phone and broadband provider which has over four million UK customers said banking details and personal information could have been accessed Talk change password. your Again. Time Talk customer? to TalkTalk said potentially all customers could be affected but it was too early to know what data had been stolen The Metropolitan Police Talk Talk customer? Time to change your password. Again. said no-one had been arrested over Wednesday s attack but enquiries were ongoing TalkTalk said in a statement that a criminal investigation had been launched on Thursday It said there was a chance that some of the following customer data not all of which was encrypted had been accessed Names and addresses Dates of birth Email addresses Telephone numbers TalkTalk account information Credit card and bank details In the wake of the news the company s share price dropped by in the first few hours after the London stock exchange opened at BST Cyber security consultant and former Scotland Yard detective Adrian Culley told BBC Radio s Today programme that a Russian Islamist group had posted online to claim responsibility for the attacks He said hackers claiming to be a cyber-jihadi group had posted data which appeared to be TalkTalk customers private information - although he stressed their claim was yet to be verified or investigated Dido Harding chief executive of the TalkTalk group told BBC News the authorities were investigating and she could not comment on the claims quot http www bbc com news uk- nbsp

A:Talk Talk customer? Time to change your password. Again.

Well you can not log in at Talk Talk as the site is down.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/talk-talk-customer-time-to-change-your-password-again.4069599/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have 3 PC's on a network. One desktop, one Home Theater PC and a Laptop. The laptop runs Vista and the other two run XP, all fully up to date. All three PC's see each other on the network. The laptop can access all shared folders on the other PC's. However, one desktop won't allow access to the Vista Laptop shared folders (I get the access denied see your administrator message) and the other keeps asking for a password before I can get to the shared folders on the Vista Laptop. There is no password or user name so I can't get to the shared folders on the laptop. All three have the same user name (me). All three have the quest account turned off. All three have no password at login.

I'm the only user. Can anyone help. I'm at a loss to fix this.

Keith Lingenfelter

Relevancy 54.61%

This is my firt post in the "Networking" section

Lets say i have a PC and another Hp pavilion portable.And lets say that had a Dell router with me with a DSL and USB cable included.If i Connected the router to my Pc and everything was working fine,would my portable (if i looked) automaticaly detect the wireless router on my PC or would i have to take specific measures to fix it all?

If theres measures to be taken..would someone inform me and please provide a (if possible) walkthorugh through all this?
Thanks for helping!

A:Just a quick but crucial question about wireless connections and wireless routers...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-a-quick-but-crucial-question-about-wireless-connections-and-wireless-routers.490689/
Relevancy 54.18%

i have a network of four computers running windows workstations and one acting as a server for quickbooks pos v they run fine Solved: computers cannot other network to talk reboot after in most of the time but every time i reboot Solved: cannot talk to other computers in network after reboot the server machine the Solved: cannot talk to other computers in network after reboot others cannot connect to it i have to drive over there and reboot again and try to fix the connectivity all i do is reboot one more time always works i wonder if there is something i am missing they are on a vlan on a cisco switch and the server has a static ip address it is still correct the host files of the other machines still allow the connection as does windows firewall i can get internet from every machine but cannot ping anything from the server the other machines can all ping each other but not the server also the internet comes into the switch from Solved: cannot talk to other computers in network after reboot a cable modem to a dlink router it goes out to a wireless router as well it is an unsecured wifi for the customers this is driving me insane any ideas thanx nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there Right ADSL, router a DSL other Connecting two wireless the - wireless together One routers I really need some help here - I thought I had done this correctly but clearly not as it Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router still doesn t work Info Basically I got my sister a wireless router and purchased a big antenna for her to take up to Uni as she has rented a house with loads of friends and it s massive with very thick walls Luckily the router and modifications mean she can access it all round the house although she has had to put a long cat cable in to put it on the middle floor When she finally got round to purchasing internet from quot Be quot they sent her a wireless ADSL modem router Here is the problem The router they sent doesn t have the range needed in my sisters house The router I gave her doesn t have an ADSL modem They also don t have a telephone cable going to the middle floor only cat How can I connect the two routers together I know it s possible by turning off DHCP etc from the second router but it doesn Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router t seem to be Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router working More info Router quot A quot is the ADSL modem wireless router they provided Router quot B quot is a Kcorp KLG- - pdf manual can be found here Connection info from a pc connected wirelessley to router quot A quot Physical Address - - F- - F-BD IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Lease Obtained Lease Expires DNS Server WINS Server Click to expand Settings available on router quot B quot LAN and DHCP Server Select Connection Type Any ideas If you look on the manual link page onwards shows you all the settings available Thanks for your time Panda nbsp

A:Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router

You need to get her a wireless Access Point and place it in a central location in the house. Select the DSL modem and configure the Access Point to connect with it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-two-routers-together-one-wireless-adsl-the-other-a-dsl-wireless-router.92410/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have just changed from talktalk to virgin media.. My sony laptop switched wirelessly with no problems. i have another laptop Asus but i can't get the Asus connected to the internet.

Relevancy 53.75%

Has anyone suffered prolonged loss of Talk connection router, lost Talk connection using a talktalk wifi bband router ISP- aol If so what explanations were offered by aol I ve got an aol engineer visiting Thurs to examine connection loss since last Weds But I m convinced the problem is with the router But from the tone of the aol help man s questions I suspect he s already briefed his engineer to do his best to represent the problem as being either with my computer or positioning of Talk Talk router, lost connection router filters condition of wall-sockets - Talk Talk router, lost connection usual getouts The talktalk router is neww issued Feb after my original router speedtouch started suffering idle timeouts every day Can anyone advise on the most often-used excuses given my wifi engineers so I can counter them and convince the engineer to do an unbaised examination Or could I Talk Talk router, lost connection be wrong and there really is a technical problem with my line or connections Before the engr comes I want to be prepared to fend off and recognize genuine cause-suggestions Any replies appreciated but I have to use comp at local library so I shan t be able to respond promptly nbsp

A:Talk Talk router, lost connection

Without further detail, it is really impossible to give an opinion.
If you have another computer - with wireless, or by using a wireless usb try that and if that does not lose the signal, it is a fair bet it something with the setup on this computer - is it not.

Sometimes changing the wireless channel may improve the result.
If some other local equipment is using the same channel that could cause the loss of signal.

I am sure it is best to wait until the engineer has been seen as it only 2 days or so
I've got an aol engineer visiting ThursClick to expand...

and then if you still have problems, and he has checked the broadband service to your property, please post back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/talk-talk-router-lost-connection.1054044/
Relevancy 53.75%

For years I have used Pipex (now Talk talk) e mail. I have MS Outlook as my e mail platform with several POP pixel accounts along with a couple of outlook. Com imap ones. All working ok, but today I received an e mail on my [email protected] Com account. When I tried to reply it failed and repeatedly asked me to log in, but this failed. I have a feeling that there is something wrong with their outgoing server. I phoned but had little joy. I replied via outlook . Com ok. Will try again tomorrow- have checked my settings seem OK - outgoing [email protected]

A:Problems with Pipex - talk talk e mail

Ps. My intention is to change to outlook. Com but have many contacts to inform and check they know.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/problems-pipex-talk-talk-e-mail-4597473/
Relevancy 53.75%

Are the Talk Talk Routers locked? Im with Plusnet, looking for a good router.
Any reccommendations??

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/talk-talk-hg633-router-plusnet-4597746/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have got W now including two W and W s on my home network Different users and passwords on each credentials talk thread.. but junk Yet W10 ! plain network another one and all have a shared folder Yes I set the network config for 'don't ask for passwords' BUT of course I am asked for credentials when trying to access the other computer's shared folders and of course I don't understand I have looked at all the threads on this but I still don't get it Time for plain talk A Is it asking for my credentials on the target computer like remote desktop does I am sure the other users won't give me their user password B Is it asking it asking for my username and password on my computer This computer Like it doesn't know who is logged on to this computer My user and my password Are those credentials passed to the other computers in any way or are they kept safe on here I don't have a Microsoft account do I need one What a mess the whole world is asking this and can't figure it out so I am not alone Can anyone give me really simple short lucid Yet another W10 network credentials junk thread.. but plain talk ! way to network my W s and W s and get past all this credential junk Now here is a laugh my last job included managing a network of work computers If I gave a damn any more I would be embarrassed How can Microsoft release this on the public worldwide I have never been able to make sense of Microsoft's explanations of anything neither has my wife actually and she is a senior IT bod If Joe public can't tell me in plain English then I will never know thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51093-yet-another-w10-network-credentials-junk-thread-but-plain-talk.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I want to expand my router's wireless signal in order to cover the whole house. I already have two modem/routers. Does it have anything to do with wireless bridge or something? Can I do it without using any kind of software? So note that I want to use the basic router which will have internet connection and use a second router to increase the wireless signal. It's crucial that I find a solution as soon as possible. Thanks in advance!

A:How do I use two wireless routers to expand wireless signal?

One router will supply DNS and DHCP (IP addresses), the other can be configured to be an access point. To achieve total coverage, run a CAT-5e cable from the main router to the access point (which will be located across the house), and have both use the same SSID.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/223154-how-do-i-use-two-wireless-routers-expand-wireless-signal.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have setup a Speedtouch Wireless Router for my sister The Talk Talk connection works fine on her modem but when we try the router it says its connected and has IP address and DNS Server address s but no internet comes through the lights are green indicating all is fine and conectivity test says all is OK BUT it supposed to have DSL ATM Ethernet PPP IP Internet but Ethernet is completely missing from the line up the manual shows what a perfect running conection should be and its all ok except for the Ethernet entry missing completley The laptop connects Mbps no probs via Ethernet and we can access the router settings via ethernet so that :( Talk ..vs.. ...HELP! Talk Solved: Speedtouch 585 indicates that there isnt any problem with the LAN connection when she trys to access the internet the internet light flashes to indicate activity but nothing happens Pings all fail what Solved: Talk Talk ..vs.. Speedtouch 585 ...HELP! :( could be the problem we have the right username and password in and if any of the config were incorrect it wouldnt connect at all would it I have it set as so PPPoA VCMUX or VCBASED VPI VCI Authentication CHAP are these correct it displays this below which im unsure about as it didnt say that on my IPstream connection she on Talk Talk LLu maybe thats why i dunno g annex l us wide Any help greatley appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Talk Talk ..vs.. Speedtouch 585 ...HELP! :(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-talk-talk-vs-speedtouch-585-help.654813/
Relevancy 51.6%

I want fibre from Talk Talk. However, although fibre is available in my area, I cannot access it due to "high demand". Is there any option on the Talk Talk website or elsewhere, that will tell me when it is available?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/fibre-broadband-talk-talk-4606901/
Relevancy 51.6%

OK so awhile ago my Pipex account swapped to talk talk since then I was getting disconnect anywhere from every 5 minutes to an hour. I solved this problem buy swapping from a Speedtouch 330 to a netgear N300 DNG2200.

now my connection is perfectly stable I haven't had a disconnect since I swapped which has been a very long time. However since the change my down speed has gone from somewhere around 250kb/s to 120kb/s (so says steam). I think this has something to do with the 330 using G DMT rather then ADSL, but tbh I don't really know. so is there anyway I can reclaim my lost speed I know the line is capable off? with going back to the frustration of repeated disconnects (i had to restart computer on every disconnect because it wouldnt redial otherwise )

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 1202 kbps 693 kbps
Line Attenuation 62.0 db 38.0 db
Noise Margin 5.4 db 8.0 db

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/talk-talk-connection-speeds.1060553/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm at a friends house and they were explaining how she had got rid of her antivirus software because of this thing called Talk Talk HomeGuard. Antivirus software is a very importent thing on a computer and I knew that this was a BAD idea. I also read on the TalkTalk faq that:

_________________________________________________________________Will Virus Alerts replace the need for Anti-Virus software?

No, they complement each other. Virus Alerts extends protection to devices unable to use traditional Anti-Virus software as they access websites. i.e. smartphones or games consoles.

Could anybody recomend a good free antivirus untill she gets a paid one?

A:[SOLVED] Talk Talk HomeSafe?

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-talk-talk-homesafe-620747.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi i am a complete networking computer newbie so as a warning to everyone who would potentially answer this question try to keep the response in the simplest terms possible for me thanks I have a desktop and a laptop i have a wireless network setup for my laptop through my belkin wireless g g router I have yahoo dsl wired directly to my computer that is wired to networking 2 Wireless wireless routers between the belkin router which we will call computer A I received a used desktop computer that i am setting up in a different area of the house which came with a netgear WGR wireless router This computer computer B is too far away to hardwire to the other computer so i attempted to set up a wireless network between Wireless networking between 2 wireless routers the routers because otherwise computer B would have no other way to connect to the internet I put the installation disk in computer B for the netgear router and selected the option to connect it using Wireless networking between 2 wireless routers existing router not using netgear s router as the main router and it told me to use advanced setup which resulted in no help whatsoever So what i m asking is there any way that i can connect these two computers through the existing network using Wireless networking between 2 wireless routers the wireless routers in place connect the netgear on computer B wirelessly to my belkin on computer A THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I want to connect my home network (described below) to my landlord's free wifi. I have just purchased a wireless bridge to hopefully make this happen. A wired connection between the routers is not possible. I describe the setup below:

Landlord:
Router 1 (unknown): WPA, G

Me:
Router 2: Linksys WRT54G with standard firm ware, WPA, G
Wired NAS
Wired Print Server
Wireless devices (several)
WET54G Wireless bridge

Diagram: Router 1 -- WET54G -- Router 2 -- My wired and wireless devices. Router 2 will connect via Ethernet to WET54G. WET54G will connect to Router 1 via wifi.

I am pretty sure this set up can work. If not, please tell me. My question is how do I go about configuring Router 2 and the WET54G. DHCP, IP, etc. Please advise.

A:Two Wireless Routers and a Wireless Bridge

You should be able to reset the second router to factory defaults and connect once you get the wireless bridge talking to the wireless network. The only fly in the ointment might be a need to change the base address of your secondary router.

When you're connected to the wireless network with a computer, please post the following.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-wireless-routers-and-a-wireless-bridge.796401/
Relevancy 51.17%

Thinking of upgrading my router and giving my existing Linksys WRT54G wireless B/G router to my parents... Can I still run all my existing wireless network cards that are B/G on a Wireless N router?

A:Does Wireless B/G Work on Wireless N Routers?

Yes Pre-N technology will work with B/G wireless card standards. It is backwards compatible with it. Only A standards will not work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-wireless-b-g-work-on-wireless-n-routers.516609/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all,

I've recently a Trendnet 452-BRP 108mbps Wireless G router and a Trendnet 432-BRP 54mbps Wireless G router. I was wondering if it's possible to utilize both of these routers so I get a stronger signal from my GNet ADSL modem.

A:Using two wireless routers...

yes you can but idk if it will increase Range or network stability, but when you get in to this i believe your talking multiple ip adresses etc. proboly your best bet would be to stick with the 108mbps router, if you want to extend network range use an apple airport express device, thats what i use and it works like a charm, it increases my signal therefore incresing my network stability, and range... hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-two-wireless-routers.67748/
Relevancy 50.74%

I suppose this is a sickening thread to read all the time, but I have been out of the loop for a while on wireless routers. I had Comcast out yesterday for some internet issues. They gave me a new, updated modem that I also use for wireless. The tech said the wireless signal from the modem is terrible. He said he uses a Netgear wireless router in his home to broadcast his wireless signal throughout. He said it works great. What do I need to look for in choosing a router to boost my signal? Any recommendations?

A:Wireless Routers

Hi there

It depends on a few things..

How big is your house?

Location of modem in reference to rest of house?

How many floors in the home?

Do you require WiFi in entire home or just one level?
I live with my grandparents in a home in the country with 2 floors, basement and main level.

I use an N600 to provide coverage on the main level with an edimax extender to provide coverage in basement

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-routers.1163466/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey everyone I got a problem. I have a wireless router for a laptop that doesnt get internet in the back rooms of the house what can I do to fix this?

Hello Gomer 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomer 18

Hey everyone I got a problem. I have a wireless router for a laptop that doesnt get internet in the back rooms of the house what can I do to fix this?

The solutions (besides moving the router closer to the laptop) all will cost you a few:

* Active antennas (which provide more gain on the signal)

* A WiFi repeater, which will be placed between your rounter (in range of it) and the laptop, and will provide a wider range for your WiFi-network.

If you decide for a repeater, make sure that your security is set properly on the router!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-routers-182681.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Right now I have a D-Link WBR-1310, 802-11g , 54mbps. router. I have one computer hard wired to it. My second computer has a NetGear WG111 Adapter which is 54mbps. Would I notice a speed increase if I went to a 108mbps. router and adapter?

A:Wireless routers

If you're talking about Internet connection speeds, no. If you're talking about file sharing, you may notice some speed increase, but don't expect a 2:1 speed increase.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-routers.540798/
Relevancy 50.74%

Is it possible to have two wireless routers on one computer?

Thanks

A:2 wireless routers?

if you have 2 wireless adaptors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-wireless-routers.928139/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi this is my first post on here so I thought I would start with a simple question.

I am looking at getting 10 or more wireless routers for some of my users in between the price range of £50 to £100.

Am after a robust, solid make that is going to be reliable and user friendly. Please could someone recommend any brands or models as there’s so many and I would like to get this right.

Also does anyone know of any good wireless information resources on the net? This would be a great help.

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-routers.607016/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey Guys

i need some help with two wireless routers.

currently ive got one router hooked up at the other end of the house, the signal to my xbox and computer is low because of this, we have another router, exact same type that i want to set up in my room from the wall.

how do i configure this so that i get my signal from the one in my room and not the one at the other end of the house?

router:
BELKIN N Wireless Modem - Router

thanks in advance.

A:Two wireless routers help

use unique SSIDs and differnet channel numbers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-wireless-routers-help.148493/
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok so I have a wireless router thats connects to my DSL modem ( I Have SBC, which is PPPoE ) Does this matter?

The first wireless router is upstairs while my room is downstairs. I have a wireless laptop connected to first router fine. But I also have an xbox in my room and I want access to XBOX Live but I don't want to spend $$$ on a wireless adapter for it.

I was wondering if I could some how configue the 2nd wireless router to the first router than use an ethernet cable from the xbox to the 2nd wireless router. Making it possible to access xbox Live. Solving all my problems.

First router has WEP encryption, but I'm sure that won't be a problem if I have the key.

Also I have NIC on my laptop is there anyway to share connection with the XBOX as long as the wireless connects to laptop?

Thanks!

A:Two Wireless Routers?

It depends on the routers in question. Some newer models are being produced with AP and bridge modes built-in, I'd look at the specs for your routers.

You could try setting up ICS on the laptop for the X-BOX and see if that works, but I've seen lots of people having issues with ICS and X-BOX.

Personally, I'd run a wire, it'll be a LOT less trouble to get working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-wireless-routers.389618/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys,

I just got a DI 624 and it has that network cable is unplugged error. So I'm going to return it and get a new one. Could you please tell me some wireless and wired routers that are Xbox live compatible that work well? Alright thanks alot, sorry if this has been posted before.

A:Wireless routers

Speedstream

residential gateway "speedstream 6520" a wireless router/ modem is what u need and u can also connect the xbox to the same,u may require to do the port forwarding for the online gaming on the 6520 and techsupport will help u do the same.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-routers.23232/
Relevancy 50.74%

Just bought my girl a xbox 360 and is now wondering if I can setup one of them to connect to the internet through the wirless router that we use to access the internet.

I thought id be able to plug a ethnet cable in to my girls laptop and share the connection but all I get is error messages.

A:2 wireless routers

Hi

if you want to plug the xbox into a laptop and then connect to the web via that, do a google on internet connection sharing via XP.

otherwise buy the wireless dongle for the 360

or buy a long cat5 lead

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-wireless-routers.136536/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Netgear ADSL router DG834GT its not a great router but it is also an ADSL modem, I want to hook it up to my Belkin N1 which is a much better wireless router and use the Netgear one as the modem but when I do the belkin N1 wireless network isn't as fast as the netgear.

I'm just connecting them using a ethernet cable.

Are there any settings I should be using? should I be disabling the wireless access point on the netgear? Not sure how to make it work better?

Help appriciated!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-two-wireless-routers.110872/
Relevancy 50.74%

ok i have a sbc dsl 2wire router ( on second floor of house, hooked to 1 phone line) and it works the wireless for laptop. next i have a speakercraft juke box music server that needs to be hooked up to the internet, (its in the basement) i have noway to wire it. i also have a linksys wcg200 wireless gateway . is what i would like to do is put the linksys in the basement hooked to the speakercraft juke box and make it link up to the 2wire on the 2nd floor wirelessly.

1 - Can this be done?
2 - How difficult is this to do?
3 - How do I configure the routers to do this?

Thanks for all the help

Cookingguy
aka brian

A:2 wireless routers and i want too

The wcg200 is a cable modem/router, and won't help you in this scenario. What you need is a wireless bridge product. Some routers offer bridge capability, and if you buy one that's compatible with DD-WRT 3rd party software, you can add bridge capability to additional products.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-wireless-routers-and-i-want-too.642148/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi tech guys Im having some problems with my network setup hopefully one of you can help me out Ok so I have a ZyXEL f modem in my house witch has the phone line connected to it and a second ZyXEL d in my back shed the two are wired together with ethernet cable I have disabled DHCP wireless 2 help routers and changed ip address on the d in my shed and it works fine The problem is with my 2 wireless routers help main modem the f when I connect to the wireless with my laptop or tab or smart phone I cant ping any of them but I can when I connect my laptop by cable to modem I can So I cant connect phone or tab to laptop wireless but if I bring them to my back shed and connect them to the d modem wireless they work fine I can send files to and from laptop to phone and so on Any help would be great thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-wireless-routers-help.1110231/
Relevancy 50.74%

What is the best wireless router brand? I have had to replace 2 D-Links because they died after too short of time.

That's like asking "What's the best car brand". Everyone will have an opinion, and they'll probably all be different.

Stick to the major brands, every maker has a "clinker" or two in their product mix at one time or another.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-routers.616091/
Relevancy 50.74%

Over the last couple of years, I've owned a few different wireless routers and at some point or another, they've all died on me or they have been almost impossible to set up without having to talk to customer service. I'm not the most tech-savvy girl in the world, especially when it comes to networking. Can anyone suggest a wireless router that they have purchased that has lasted more than a year? Thank you.

Relevancy 50.74%

i have a d-link wireless router dsl-2740b and my pc is connected to it and my husbands pc is connected to it and my daughters lap top is on wi fi frrom it, now when my husband is downloading anything on his pc films or music etc it will not let me on the internet what so ever why is this ! cheers diane tenerife

A:wireless routers

Sounds like your internet connection isnt amazing and when your husband downloads he "steals" all the bandwidth from the other machines. I've been reading the documentation on your router and there doesnt appear to be much you can do about it. Ask him to only download at night when everyone is asleep?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-routers.911807/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Belkin wireless router constantly switched on. I want to make power economies by switching off standby systems around the house, but wonder if there are any problems with switching off and re-booting the router on a daily basis. I have heard it said that it should be left on all the time, but I don't know if that is spurious advice. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 50.74%

I'm trying to add a second wireless router to my network to improve wireless in my house. My first router (D-Link DIR-655) is on the other side of my house with my modem and PC. I have an Ethernet cable that runs from the wireless router to a socket on the other side of the house. I followed this guide: How To Extend Your Wi-Fi Network With Simple Access Points - How-To Geek and I lose my internet connection on the PC right next to the first router. Also, I cannot tell if the 2nd router is sending a connection because when I connect to the 2nd router (D-Link DI-524) my iPhone shows the IP address of the first router. Is there anyone who can help me?

A:Trying to add 2 wireless routers

Quote: Originally Posted by MCleveland

I'm trying to add a second wireless router to my network to improve wireless in my house. My first router (D-Link DIR-655) is on the other side of my house with my modem and PC. I have an Ethernet cable that runs from the wireless router to a socket on the other side of the house. I followed this guide: How To Extend Your Wi-Fi Network With Simple Access Points - How-To Geek and I lose my internet connection on the PC right next to the first router. Also, I cannot tell if the 2nd router is sending a connection because when I connect to the 2nd router (D-Link DI-524) my iPhone shows the IP address of the first router. Is there anyone who can help me?

I have the same router DIR-655 and I'm running a D-link DAP-1522 wireless access point.

Using a dedicated access point like the DAP-1522 makes the settings and adjustments much easier because there is a simple switch on the side for A/P or bridge mode.

You will need to plug the second routers WAN port into one of the LAN ports on the main router or into a standard switch.

You will want the first router to handle DHCP IP assignments, the second router only works as a secondary access point with it's own SSID and password.

Ideally the first router is the DHCP server and is the only one that can hand out IP's to other machines on the LAN.

You will also want to set both routers up to use different channels for wireless broadcast so they don't interfere with each other.

You will need to access the second routers set up page and disable DHCP, you may need to change other settings depending on many factors. The link below can help you figure that out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/3001...ional-routers/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250659-trying-add-2-wireless-routers.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have Dell XPX M1530 notebook. The wireless adapter in the notebook is Intel (R) WiFi Link 4965AGN, and my OS is Windows Vista Home Premium. I had NetGear Router WGR6148. The WI Fi router has stopped working, I need a new WiFi router. I would appreciate if anyone can recommend WiFi routers compatible with my computer's adapter. WGR6148 costs about $40.00. Since my first router broke in just over a year, I do not know if I should buy the same model again.

Thanks
Preet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-routers.805093/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

Currently I have comcast cable internet -> cable modem -> WAN port to linksys wireless 'g' router. I just bought a faster linksys wireless 'n' broadband router (WRT160N).

What I want to do is to keep the wireless g in its original place (due to don't want to reconfig webcam setting and new IP etc) as 'Primary' router and to connect and activate the wireless n faster router as 'Secondary' router for additional wireless capability in the house.

In other words, I will have the g working for existing connections and don't want to change. I will have the n working in faster speed and better coverage for future/additional laptop and PC wireless internet connections.

Please advise the proper procedure, like how to connect (LAN port to LAN port?), and setup (SSID, DHCP, IP Addrs setting, Subset, etc .

Thanks,

RC

A:How to wireless 2 routers

Hi dadikated, and welcome to TSG.

One of our moderators, JohnWill, has an excellent set of instructions available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-wireless-2-routers.838451/
Relevancy 50.74%

Since I got my Laptop about a week ago I've been looking into getting a wireless router. I've considered upgrading my current connection with BT to get the wireless hub but that would cost more than I'm paying since I re-negotiated my contract a while ago whilst threatening to leave and got £5 chopped off my bill.

In the long term it looks like a good idea just to buy a wireless router but I'm pretty clueless with this sort of thing and would appreciate your suggestions on a suitable router. I'm also looking for a good deal since I'm a student and I have no pennies

Almost any wireless 802.11g router will do the trick. Since you are obviously not in the US, I can't point you to the one I was going to recommend, free after rebate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-routers.509511/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm using a Belkin wireless router conneted via ethernet to my PC and connected wirelessly to a laptop.

My question is, whilst looking for wireless connections on the laptop, I find a couple of other peoples routers of which I can use to connect to the internet, so i want to secure mine so it's not available to any one else in the same predicament.

I have been told what to do a few times but when trying to put it into practice I haven't got a clue!!

Any help gratefully recieved.

Thanks.

Use the strongest encryption (security) available on both your router and notebook. WPA is best, but WEP will keep most people away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-routers.359274/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have my high speed connection coming in one room connected to a wireless router. I would like to buy something other then a wireless nic card to connect a laptop in another room. I can't buy a wireless nic card for the laptop because it is a work computer and I don't have admin rights to install anything. So, I need to connect into the hardwired nic card. In other words, my office has since moved to another room......

Any ideas?

A:? around wireless routers

A USB wireless adapter might work for you but you most likely will need to install drivers for it. Is there a reason you can't talk to your computer administrator at work? I don't see why he wouldn't understand the situation and let you install the drivers for an external wireless device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/around-wireless-routers.456422/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All,

Please excuse me if I sound silly but I'm really not too good with computers.

I have a playstation3 and am looking to go online with it.

I need a wireless router for this. Can anyone tell me a good one to use (which is not too costly) & also I need to know does the speed of my broadband affect the way my ps3 games will play when online? e.g. lag??

If it will.. How do I find out the speed of my broadband?

Thanks all!

A:Wireless Routers...

This is a very good wireless router: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124190

Linksys is a great brand when it comes to any kind of networking.

As for your second question: yes, your broadband speed will affect your gameplay experience. To find out what your speed is, go to dslreports,com. From there, click on tools at the top of the page, click on spped tests, and choose the Flash 8 based test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-routers.731946/
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok in our household we ve been through too many routers Linksys Buffalo D-Link our latest has been the D-Link Dir- and it s a piece of crap Every time we go to with Fed wireless routers up play LAN games the damn Fed up with wireless routers thing skips every seconds Using the Dwa- adapters so we re getting Mbps supposedly Either way we re fed up with Fed up with wireless routers wireless at this point Can anyone give me a link to a good stable Fast for gaming and NO SKIPS EVER wireless router It would be much appreciated And something that we could pick up locally would be great Unless anyone thinks we have a bad router or something but I ve even put a firmware update on it and still nothing but a brick to me Previous router was a Linksys WRT G Version and it had only minor skips but still enough to where if you were flying a chopper in BFVietnam you d crash if you were near the ground If the connection is wired all is well All computers have been wiped clean in the past month too fresh XP installs so no software trouble except maybe D-Links nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Help

I work for a church with their youth where everyone is really, really concerned about one of the kids going online and accessing porn sites and then getting everyone in trouble. We have one modem with wireless capability, but the security is really tight and no one is happy to enable guest access or even full employee access to use the internet.

Anyway, everyone would be happy if I was able to do guest stuff somehow separately. We have one telehone line and one modem - is it possible to split the line and get another modem? Or is there another way to achieve what I am after?

So so so grateful for a response!

A:Modems, routers and wireless

would you explain a little more of your setup
make and model of modem and router
are the children only using your supplied PCs ? or can anyone bring in a laptop and connect to your wireless signal once provide the security code ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modems-routers-and-wireless.961603/
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been trying for days to get my network up. I have a Cisco cable modem a linksys wireless router and a netgear wireless router and cannot successfully cascade them. They both work perfect alone but together when I do a speed test it all crashes please help

Relevancy 49.88%

My D-Link wireless routers has failed twice in the past week. Do these things die?

A:Wireless routers fail?

Like everything else, routers can become faulty and no longer work properly. Before we can say that for definite, can you elaborate on what you mean by fail? It could be a configuration error, which can be resolved by resetting the router to its factory condition and then reentering the settings as provided by your ISP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/111672-wireless-routers-fail.html
Relevancy 49.88%

How can I set up two separate laptops (over 40 miles away) to connect to a call using Microsoft NetMeeting, if both laptops are behind different wireless routers? I know a little bit about DMZ (I set up my machine with one, but don't know how to use it to connect to NetMeeting).

A:NetMeeting through Wireless Routers

This might help: http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q158/6/23.asp&NoWebContent=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netmeeting-through-wireless-routers.690748/
Relevancy 49.88%

Good day everyone I seem to have ran out of options and need a lifeline to help me configure my network My intent is to extend (Help!) Routers Wireless - Stacking my wireless network at home I Stacking Wireless Routers - (Help!) know that there are tons of quot how-to's quot and tutorials out on Stacking Wireless Routers - (Help!) the web and I have read a dozen of them or more but still can't seem to Stacking Wireless Routers - (Help!) get this thing right Here are my settings Wireless Router R Service Provider TKS Default IP IP Range Default Gateway DHCP Enabled DHCP reservation - for nd router Wireless Router R D-link D Default IP DHCP Disabled IP Static I entered the reserved IP from Router Problem R cannot access the internet R and R are connected via CAT- e cable from port at R to port at R so it can act as an access point and be able to share printers and external drives that I have on the network already What am I not doing correctly Thanks in advance Eddie Kaiserslautern Germany US Armed Forces Europe

A:Stacking Wireless Routers - (Help!)

You need to set up the route for internet access in R2 to point to R1

This will depend on the actual router

Some units will not allow this, (especially those that are supplied "free" by an ISP), or may need the Ethernet connection from R1 to be connected to a specific WAN port as well as the changes, (disabling of wan pages), in R2.

The basic need is to set R2 as an access point only, the routing functions of R2 will need to be disabled completely

If you find that the functionality is lacking you may find an AP extension would suit your needs better than a full blown router

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/125744-stacking-wireless-routers-help.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have the router that comes with Time Warner s business package and which their salesman assured me would solve all my connectivity problems But of Wireless Solved: routers course it doesn t The connection is supposed to be Mbps and sometimes it is but just as often it drops off to way below that as low as less than Mbps We had their technician out here and he told me that the Time Warner wireless router just isn Solved: Wireless routers t very good -- that you can t count Solved: Wireless routers on it to send a signal through a wall from one room to the other with any consistency Which is not so good if you have two home offices and also want to use your laptop or tablet in other parts of the house So I ve been looking at other wireless routers and frankly for a novice different options are confusing All I want is a router that will give me the most consistent service over the longest range I live in a rural location with no other services or users close by nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless routers

I have had very good luck with linksys routers; currently I have an E3200. It is located upstairs and I can still get a good wireless signal out in the garage. Setup is simple and once done, you just forget about the router; it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-routers.1102685/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a dilemma I hope I can get some assistance with. My father just bought a new laptop and would like to hook it up to connect to the internet wirelessly. The question I have is... Is it possible to have 2 routers connected to the same cable modem?

We have owned the Linksys BEFSR41 (wired) for about 5 years and it is connected to a Motorola Surfboard SB5101. The reason I would like to keep the wired router is for my Xbox 360. The wireless adapter costs an additional $100 and I would really rather not have to spend that $$ if I don't have to.

So, back to the question at hand, can I hook up a Linksys WRT54GL [(wireless) model I'm looking to purchase] with my BESFR41 via ethernet cable, or do they make a Y-cable (ethernet spliiter) to have 2 ethernet cables coming off my modem, or neither?

Relevancy 49.88%

If anyone could help that would be great as I seem to be hitting brick wall after brick wall.

At the moment I have 1 ADLS Modem Wirekess router, my laptop and PC access the internet from this using wireless. The router is downstairs next to the telephone line.

I wish to bring in a second wireless modem router, only to use the router side not the modem. I want this to sit up stairs and supply my console with a link to the internet. I want to have a short cat-5 cable go from this second router to the console. I want the router downstairs to feed the upstairs router the web connection through wireless.

Can someone explain how and if this can be done.

Many many thanks in advance

A:Need help networking 2 wireless routers

Is there a options for the second wireless router to be an access point?

~~ Wireless Laptop ~~

Wireless Router 2 (Access Point Feature Active) second floor)
| - cat 5e patch cord is needed between the two
Wireless Router 1 (next to the modem)
| - cat 5e patch cord is needed here
ADSL Modem
| - cat 5e ultra phone line cable works best here (belkin mades these)
Internet Access

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-networking-2-wireless-routers.79265/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an internet connection from my phone company which is an all in one package Internet phone and television It all comes in on a single phone line to what appears to be a router Then three lines go out from the router and one of them is the internet I am setting up a home network I purchased a wireless router which I was able to plug into the Windows XP wireless Solved: routers?? two box that originally had the internet I plugged the quot source quot Solved: two wireless routers?? from the cable router into lan and the computer into lan and disabled dhcp etc The internet works fine on the XP box My new computer has Vista on it I purchased a USB wireless network adapter Turns out it is not Vista compatible and locks up the system Am having trouble finding a Vista compatible usb wireless adapter that runs at and is affordable Could I use the built in network card on the Vista Machine and just plug it into another wireless router and access the internet and network via that route The wireless routers seem to be a cheap alternative and easy solution to this problem nbsp

A:Solved: two wireless routers??

I think you need to give us make/model of the equipment. "appears to be a router" doesn't get it.

Unless you get a router that has a "bridge" or "access point" configuration capability, you can't connect two routers wirelessly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-two-wireless-routers.541848/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I was looking to buy a wireless N router (specifically the D-Link DIR-655 or the Linksys WRT160N) but all the adapters in my house are G adapters. Now the D-Link one states that they provide 6x the range of G routers. I was wondering if this 6x range holds good while working with G adapters or is it only with N adapters?

A:Wireless N routers and G adapters

The minimal testing I have done indicates that you'll get at least some of the range advantage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-n-routers-and-g-adapters.883000/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I've 2 wireless routers:
- primary router: Linksys WAG300N (connected to the internet) - IP: 192.168.1.1
- secondary router: now SMCWBR 14-G2 - IP: 192.168.1.2
later Linksys WRT54GR

I've connected the two routers with a straight UTP cat5 cable from port 1 to port 1 (not the WAN port). If I connect my laptop (Vista) to the SMC, with a cable, I can surf on the internet. I can also connect the the wireless network of the Linksys. But I can't connect to the wireless network of the SMC.

On the SMC the DHCP is disabeld. How can I connect to the wireless network to surf on the internet?

THX
Sebbe

Relevancy 49.88%

hello guys im getting a dns not responding error when i click diagnose it finds problems and it says dns not responding i have no wireless routers i have a laptop toshiba sattelite l300 and i wanna connect to this unsecured network which has really good signal strength so if anyone can help plzzz thanks

A:dns help not responding no wireless routers

Quote: Originally Posted by dNsProblEm

hello guys im getting a dns not responding error when i click diagnose it finds problems and it says dns not responding i have no wireless routers i have a laptop toshiba sattelite l300 and i wanna connect to this unsecured network which has really good signal strength so if anyone can help plzzz thanks

dNs
Several things you need to try.

Assuming the unsecured network is yours, and you know the proper name and SSID's can you go to search and type cmd. Then right click it and run as administrator. Then type ipconfig /flushdns, followed by ipconfig /renew.

Let us know the results and make a screenshot of ipconfig /all and upload it to us.

Can you also tell us about your network setup? Are you using Homegroup, or workgroup? Are you connecting to a cable modem? Anything else you can think of will help

Let us know if you need assistance with any of this
Jan

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/104518-dns-help-not-responding-no-wireless-routers.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, is it possible to have two wireless routers with two different isps working indepently in one house?

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 49.88%

So I built my desktop, installed the RC and was excited to start gaming on it, and everything worked perfectly while I was at home. I have a Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 and the router there was a Linksys WRT54GL. Now I am living with someone else and they have a WRT310N router, and my new setup can hardly load web pages. Speedtest has me at less than 1/12 of what every other computer hooked up to the wirless runs at for download, with upload at about 2/3 performance. The Rosewill USB works fine on my older computer running XP, so I'm left wondering what else could be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Wireless Issue with N routers?

Quote: Originally Posted by Radnortuws

So I built my desktop, installed the RC and was excited to start gaming on it, and everything worked perfectly while I was at home. I have a Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 and the router there was a Linksys WRT54GL. Now I am living with someone else and they have a WRT310N router, and my new setup can hardly load web pages. Speedtest has me at less than 1/12 of what every other computer hooked up to the wirless runs at for download, with upload at about 2/3 performance. The Rosewill USB works fine on my older computer running XP, so I'm left wondering what else could be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

OK Im going to start with the really simple things that im sure you have done. Did you reset back to its default settings. did you reboot the cable modrm and the router. Did you turn off ( or configure) IP-6. Are all pcs on the same homegroup.

Could you tell us a little more abt the configuration.

Thanks in advance

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/15647-wireless-issue-n-routers.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I live in a place where i piggyback off my parents connection i don't use any routers I just use Wireless Computer works great the connection has use no with question Wireless routers been very reliable and fast and i have a Asus Win SP bit computer that has had Kaspersky anti virus in the past but i have been using AVast free for the last few weeks I also run Spywareblaster and enable Wireless use with no routers question all protection because techs have told me it's good for prevention I also have Super anti spyware and Malwarebytes with only one having realtime protection I run scans with both daily and have not had any issues with Malware in over a year When i did get a Trojan or two it was because of my downloading something infected in the past at least i think that's where it came from I wan't to know since i have no real protection behind a routers Firewall and only have Windows firewall incoming protection what else would you recommened Oh i never perform financial stuff on my computer and i am the only user so i am not worried about anything being seen by others Thanks and any info is much appreciated

A:Wireless use with no routers question

Are you behind a NAT device?
Network Address Translation

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/283146-wireless-use-no-routers-question.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've searched the web for about an hour now and still dont have a clue what to do.

Here's the scenario:Ive got a Netgear wireless router connected to the modem directly. Now, i also have a Belkin wireless router that I would like to use to connect my gaming system (a Wii, just putting that out there) to the internet, because it is out of range of the Netgear...

So basically, i would like to know how to set this Belkin router on Bridge mode, so that i can extend the range of my connection. Any ideas?

A:Networking two wireless routers

i would like to know how to set this Belkin router on Bridge modeClick to expand...

Do you mean wireless bridge (AP client) mode? If so, and if you have one of those rare (if any) Belkin router's that have this feature, just follow the instructions in the User Manual.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-two-wireless-routers.726608/
Relevancy 49.88%

I use the Ham Radio vOIP program called Echolink....i have to set up the 2 ports 5198 and 5199 but with any newer Wireless router by Linksys or Dlink it does seem to open these ports....has something changed on these routers that anyone knows about?

It only happens with these 2 brands???

If you have any solutions please notify me right away...there are lots of Echolink users with this problem!

Thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/echolink-and-wireless-routers.581432/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am trying something I have never done before. One one side of the house is the cable modem and wireless router ($30 Rosewill) and then I ran a cat 5 cable to the other side of the house and plugged it into an 8 port switch. I was planning on plugging my older Linksys wireless router into one of those ports so that my signal strength is better. What do I need to do.

Secondly, would it be easier to just buy a higher radius wireless router to cover the whole house? The Rosewill router is about 80 feet away and through about 4 walls and my signal is horrible. If so, can I get something less than $100?

Relevancy 49.88%

How do wireless routers handle online games? Will I experience a lot of lag? Also, What is the best Wireless Router to use for online games? Any info is appreciated.. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Linksys RT41P2-AD for my Callvantage service and a U.S. Robotics USR8054 and I want to link the wireless one to the wired one so i can get internet in my room. is this possible and how can i make it happen?

A:2 routers 1 wired,1 wireless

You do not need a wireless router for that. If you can, go return the wireless router to the store and get a wireless access point to make things alot simpler.

If you insist on using two routers, search these forums. There have been two exactly the same questions during the last week.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-1-wired-1-wireless.17965/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello!

Bear with me here... I am a rookie in the networking business but I read through many threads and helpful "manuals"; however I have a bit of a specific question which I could not find anywhere...

After setting up my old US Robotics USR5463 router as an access point (DHCP off, static IP, used WSD) to be able to extend the wireless network (main router D Link Dir 655) I came across a problem of connecting another device to the "access point". My question is: Is it possible to connect via cable a device to the router number two after convrting it to an access point?

I hope the question is understandable...
Any and all help appreciated,
Regards,
Vlada

A:After connecting two wireless routers..

I assume you are attempting something like this

Code:
modem==router#1-----cable-connected---A/P - - - wifi users
The wire from router#1 should be connected to any LAN port on the A/P, leaving its WAN port empty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-connecting-two-wireless-routers.152157/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just purchased a brand new Linkseys Wireless-G Broadband router with srx200. I simply want to replace my old wireless router with my new Linkseys Wireless router. how should I go about doing this?

A:Switching wireless routers

Well I'm ntot sure you will be able to just simply swap them out.

You will need to go in and reset the NEW router to contain all the information that was stored in the old one. For example if you changed the default local IP addresses, assigning the SSID (Wireless broadcast name), and encryption or address filtering, etc.

If you have any questions about any of this feel free to post back.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-wireless-routers.55281/
Relevancy 49.88%

Is there a router and what is it's name that can hook wirelessly (opposed to plugging into one of the ethernet ports) and broadcast so I can have two routers in my area? Know what I mean?

Relevancy 49.88%

I have connected an AT&T supplied modem router to a netgear router uplink using. My connection to the netgear router does not providfe me access to the internet. However, wehn I reconncet to the modem router connected to the DSL line wirelessly, everything works fine. Any Advise on what could be thereason or how to troubleshoot the issue? Thanks.

A:Need Help in connectinf two wireless routers

Try connecting the modem to the WAN port instead of the uplink port

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-in-connectinf-two-wireless-routers.60193/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi,
i currently have a Belkin F5D7633-4Av1_UK_1.00.010 and a HUAWEI Echolife HG520b.
My little brother got a ps3 for xmas and he cant reach the router from his bedroom. so... i tried to bridge these 2 routers together, but i cant seem to get the HUAWEI to bridge with the belkin even though i set it to bridge, but the belkin i can get to bridge. I have set the channel to the same thing and the wep key but i still cant do it. any help would greatly be appreciated. thanks, also would it be possible to change the firmware of the HUAWEI to the firmware of the belkin? as the belkin firmware is MUCH easyier to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
oh, and im sure that both of the routers have the bridging facility.

A:Wireless Bridging between 2 routers

FWIW, I've never successfully bridged a Belkin router to anything but another Belkin router. They even mention this limitation on their site, and I believe them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-bridging-between-2-routers.889818/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Linksys wireless-b router, minus the wireless adapters or wireless cards.
Is there anyway to configure the wireless router, so it can be used wired?
I use dial up now, going to go cable.
Thank-You
John God

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello

I have a townhouse and i have a new neighbor who setup his wireless router and now my wireless router will not connect and my other neighbor is having the same issues. motorola wireless router and also purchased a dlink wireless router and i still cannot see my ssid. I can see it when i unplug and plug back in for about 2 minutes but it will not connect I have tried open wireless then wpa and mac address no luck please help I have taken the routers to my friends house and with out changing anything they connect to 3 different laptops Thanks