Windows Support Forum

Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server.

Q: Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server.

hi I added a new workstation OS WinXP Pro on our office network we are using a Linksys port switch hub and a WIndows NT Server the Newly server. from the disconnects connected workstation rest I usually never had a problem adding a new PC in the network win winME or WinXp operating systems not until yesterday This is the scenario Whenever I plug in the ethernet cable of the said Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server. new workstation at the hub the rest of the old workstation connected to server gets cut off disconnected on the network My officemates unable to access the servers mapped drive drive F G etc plus the fact when they tried to restart the computer and try to log on it says something like Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server. quot no domain server or wrong password quot But if i unplugged the new workstations ethernet cable everything s goes back to normal This is new to me and this is strange Because just recently I added a workstation using XP and never I did experience that occurences The office LAN has a domain workgroup and using also NETBEUI which is manually installed on the XP Pro CD What causes this problem please help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.56%

I run a server for counter-strike, its a linux based machine, I would really like to setup the network so that the server is connected to my hub which in turn is fed by the modem (Rogers Cable), and another cable runs to the router which allows the rest of the computers on my network to connect to the internet. I setup a static ip on the server using my modem dns etc, but when the server has internet access none of the other pc's on the network can get on bt when i disbale the static ip of the server, it cannot connect but the rest of the computers can, I have tried everything but no luck if anyone could shed some light I would be very grateful.

Relevancy 77.83%

I have a server 2003 r2 machine connected on a LAN.

the server is used for data storage and the local workstations use the data on mapped drives.

When the server is connected to the internet ... all of the workstations on the lan partially lose the internet.

When i ping google while the server is connected to the internet I get 50% to 75% loss.

When I disable the LAN adapter on sevrer- alll the workstations on lan have 0% loss.
When I enable lan adapter on server and configure tcpip and for primary dns i enter
I still get 0% loss

when I enter for primary dns the problem persists/

It kind of sounds like a virus on server causing very heavy traffic?
trojan virus?

if so which software can I use to remove the virus.

Im using symantec AV on the server.

A:Solved: internet disconnects when server is connected

Might be completely wrong but would installing a switch help? Are you using a switch or a hub to connect your server/workstations together?
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently rebuilt a Windows XP Pro workstation one of my client's sites. They have a domain server running Windows 2003 SBS, and the workstation is connected via a Linksys wireless network.

After successfully logging on the domain, I can access everything just fine. I begin to browse shares on the server with no problem for about a minute, then get a popup saying "working offline" and can no longer browse.

After this happens, I still have connection to the internet thru the server, and I can successfully ping it, but no longer have access to the shares.

I've search the MS knowledge base and the web, but can find no answers.

Can anybody figure out what would cause this workstation to disconnect from the domain after about a minute?

Thanks in advance!

A:XP workstation disconnects from domain

Via a wireless router? have you checked the log in the router? find the log and select loggin only connections for a short time.
Next signal strength. If it dips down to two bars, sometimes they will disconnect. Attempt to move it and connect via cable and see if this doesn't occur. That will determine if it is wireless issue.
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have a comcast high speed internet connection I use a Motorola SB connected to a Netgear WGT which feeds to a linksys VOIP router RTP I have a Dell but on internet not PC's connected all disconnects PC XP connected wired to the netgear router and internet disconnects but not on all connected PC's two laptops one is a Windows beta and other runs a Vista Ultimate connecting via the wireless router I never used to have any issues with my internet connection wired wireless until very recently Now when I start my desktop the internet works fine for a few minutes random usually lt mins and then doesn t connect anymore after But if I connect my laptop from the same netgear router using a wired connection everything looks perfect there I can see that there is something wrong happening with my desktop PC The wierd thing about this is that if I connect to the internet immediately to some heavy duty internet disconnects but not on all connected PC's bandwidth remote connecting to internet disconnects but not on all connected PC's my office PC from my desktop the internet connection remains but I just cannot connect to any other site It feels like there is some contention for the available bandwidth I tried reinstalling the network drivers on my desktop but did not help Any help is very valuable since this is very frustating Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have a Dell I think also called E I have a very annoying problem basically every - hours my internet will just not work for about minutes or so while my other programs like MSN messenger and utorrent stay connected and work as usual Infact once it happened whilst I was downloading something from the internet and it disconnects, connected Internet still other programs continued to download Internet disconnects, other programs still connected One time I could also access pitchfork for some reason but no other websites It happens when I'm at a friend's house too so I don't think it's anything to do with the modem or router although Internet disconnects, other programs still connected the internet at both mine and Internet disconnects, other programs still connected my friend's is Virgin Media Broadband Here's my hijackthis - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgw exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http tv arsenal com global Homepage aspx R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C Windows system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stt... Read more

A:Internet disconnects, other programs still connected

So only the Internet Explorer disconnect from internet? Did you installed any add-on on the Internet Explorer, try to disable all that
Relevancy 56.33%

I am creating Wifi Hotspot in Windows 8.1 using the following command:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyHotspot key=mywifikey

Then I start the hosted network. After starting the hostednetwork, I enable Internet Connection Sharing on my Huawei E397bu-502 device (4G LTE USB Dongle) in Network Connections. I can successfully connected my Android KitKat device to the hotspot and have internet connectivity on my Android.

But the problem is that the Android Phone disconnects randomly. Then I need to run

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

After this I can again connect my Android to hotspot. But the process of disconnection continues.

Same happens if I share my Huawei-E397 internet connection via USB to my Android. There are no logs available so i have no idea where is the problem.

A:Win 8.1 Wifi Hotspot Disconnects Connected Devices

Welcome to the forum!

I thought you deserved some kind of reply by now although it is no help. These hotspot setups are so unique to what each person is trying to do I pretty much have given up trying to help online. So many variables. I hope someone can jump in and give you some guidance.

Would say to check all adapters and computer settings to make sure nothing is set to sleep or power save.
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a client with 5-6 users running Sage Peachtree Quantum. Currently it's connected peer to peer with one system hosting the files while other systems are connected to it via Mapped Network Drive.

Should I run a centralized server running Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or continue running it as a workstation with Windows 7 x64?

A:Do I need a workstation or server?

If you don't have any problems, I don't see any reason to change.
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a windows 2000 sever and workstations that are win 95 & 98. My bosses machine is windows 2000 professional. When I browse the network his machine is seen with the servers not the other workstations. How can I change his machine to be a workstation like the rest? I think this might be why he has the problem of right clicking on something in the server taking 20 seconds for the copy window to open. Can somebody help me?
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a small server with six computer hooked up. All the computers are fine except one. It can accept the server but the server cannot see it. If I try to ping it from the server or another workstation, it says it does not exist. I can ping the server from the workstation fine. The workstation has a printer hooked up to it that other workstations print to but now they cannot see it. If I run ipconfig/release and then renew, it cannot get a new IP address, but if I reboot it, it will get one. IP addresses are dynamic. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

Relevancy 56.33%

So I'm trying to upgrade my ssd from 32 to 120 gb. I bought a 120 gb ssd (2.5" SATA III) as well as a SATA III 2.5" to USB adapter. After cloning everything from my current drive to the new one, I attempted a boot from the USB, however when I tried to boot I got a frowny face and the error INACESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, windows then restarted and booted from the default (32 GB) drive. Any ideas?

A:INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error when attempting to boot from newly cloned SSD connected to USB port?

something to do with bios and order of startup?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello there,

I have a 2 comp network. 1 comp 's running Win 2K Server, the other Workstation. There are no special services running on the server (apart from being the domain controller).

I can't think of any good reason to justify such setup. Any comments?

Regardless, I want to setup a P2P network. Is it possible to 'downgrade' the server to a workstation without re-installing? If yes, how?

A:Win 2K: Switching from Server to Workstation

I know of no way to "downgrade" from server to 2K-Pro, and Microsoft doesn't either.
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi forum mates Situation An Active Directory AD has numerous Registered Users to the Domain DM using msServer SP Numerous wsPC running XPWin SP joined the Domain and appears as login Server. Can't from WorkStation to PCs in the AD User Computer dialog at Can't login to WorkStation from Server. the Server The Server Can't login to WorkStation from Server. have static address eg while all other wsPCs have similar static address ie xxx Pinging with the TCP IP address among all the PCs and server in both in out has no problems at all Issue After some weeks without any undue events DM s Administrator or any DM s Registered User logged in at the Server suddenly failed to access particular wsPCs The error message is -Pc is not accessible U might not have permission to use this network resource Contact Admin of this server if u have access rights There are currently no logon servers availiable to serve this logon request Note All wsPCs in the Domain appears in the network on the Server Any other users login at the various wsPCs within the Domain can access each other including the problem wsPCs eg -PC DM Registered User login at Server are able login to other non problem wsPCs showed on the Server Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:Can't login to WorkStation from Server.

Check the logs. Sounds like a DNS issue somewhere.
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a server and two workstations connected to it.

The server can acces and ping the workstations, but the workstations cant acces or ping the server.
The IP ranges are the same and they are all on the same workgroup.

What can be wrong?

A:Workstation cant acces Server

firewall may be such a case

At command prompt, type dnscmd /config /enableednsprobes 0 , and then press ENTER
Relevancy 55.47%

How do i know if i have a server or a workstation and whats the difference and what the heck are they anyway??

Relevancy 55.47%

I need to know if the tools that come in the NT4 server resource kit will install and run under NT4 Workstation. Anyone know? Also, are the tools similar to those in the Win2K server resource kit?

A:NT4 Workstation and NT4 Server resource kit

you can load the nt server resource kit on nt workstation. that is how i do it on mine.
Relevancy 55.47%

How am I able to control my server from a simple Nt workstation. I want to be able to view what is happening on the server and how much space is available on the drives.

Thank You

A:{Advice Given} - Workstation act as Server

Check out the Virtual Network Console at:

Works on almost any platform, and gives you full control of a remote machine (even mouse and keyboard).

Hope this helps....
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello guys Please me out in solving my Frequent internet disconnection problem Problem while browsing or streaming or & center in sharing connected disconnects . Internet network shows but while Internet disconnects but shows connected in network & sharing center . playing MP games internet stops No page opens but Torrents still downloads at full speeds - kbps If facebook is opened in my browser am able to Internet disconnects but shows connected in network & sharing center . chat with people All the lights in modem are lit PWR LINK DATA ETHRNT In the network amp sharing center it shows connected Only way to get everything back online is to Reboot the modem Troubleshooting Guys am from India amp called my ISP guy to fix the problem amp guy Internet disconnects but shows connected in network & sharing center . says the problem is from my end VIRUS quot my system could be corrupted with VIRUS which is blocking my Modem Ports quot So when i reboot the modem the VIRUS goes off amp the internet starts to work fine amp after sometime the VIRUS gets clogged into the ports again quot I don't know which Port he was referring to amp i don't know how true this is Troubleshooting i changed two different modems one them is a brand new ISP provided amp the problem still continues I had a spare router Asus RT N U B amp a pci card installed amp connected amp still the same problem Please help me out

A:Internet disconnects but shows connected in network & sharing center .

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool on another PC and use a USB flash drive to transfer it to your issued PC

64-Bit Version OS Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 <===== Download Link

Drag the FRST64.exe from the Usb drive to your Desktop ( infected PC )

Right click on FRST64.exe and choose

When the tool opens click Yes on the disclaimer window .

Press Scan button.

FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file

The first time Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is run, it makes also another log Addition.txt

Please upload both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

FRST.txt and Addition.txt will be on the Desktop

Upload a File
Click on the Go Advanced button under the Message box . Scroll down to Additional Options then click on Manage Attachments in the Attach Files sections . Click the Browse button locate the file then click on the Open button . In the Upload File from your Computer section click on the Upload button . Wait until it finishes uploading then close the window . Then click Submit Reply .
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I m new here and have been handed a program to use that allows client installation through a mapped drive Using server I have mapped drives on all workstations to the Program folder on the server I have sucessfully instaled issue.. program Server, workstation or the client software on an XP workstation a Win - workstation and have failed to install on a vista and a win stations In each instance of the failure I am connected as administrator to the server the files are visible and when I select the client setup file- it unpacks it and gives me a SEVERE You must install Server, workstation or program issue.. client setup from a mapped drive Now I m no dummy but I can see the server and access files I think it s mapped Why is it possible to install onsome but not others I use the same adminstrator password to access the server from all workstations I m lost Oh- and the program help line costs bucks to acctivate Without it you cannot submit a ticket for trouble help So I m hoping someone knows what is happening here nbsp
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everybody. I have Small Business network with one file server and 25 workstations in workgroup. Lately I've been experiencing some difficulties. Latest: one of the user cannot sign in into network share on the file server from one computer but can do it from another. I setup same profile with credentials and one is Ok but not another. All workstations have Windows 7 64 bit and our file server is Windows Server 2008 R2. I tried few things suggested on this site but it didn't work.
Thank you

A:Cannot access File Server from one workstation but can from another wi

All I can think of is licensing, upon a search I came across this:
operating systems - File sharing user limits - Super User

See if it is your case.
Relevancy 55.04%

The user has to login 3 different times before the log in will succeed to successfully give him his desktop. Any thoughts?
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a precision 490 workstation for video editing and I'm looking to max out the ram to 32GB. I see some of the compatible ram available is listed as "server only," yet all their specs appear to be the same as that for desktop. So what's the difference?

A:Precision 490 Workstation RAM, server or desktop?

Not sure about the difference, but here are the Dell validated 4GB memory sticks and 5 digit part numbers =9F035 4GB, 667MHz, ECCMWP63 4GB, 667MHz, ECCDR397 4GB, 667MHz, ECCUW730 4GB, 533MHz, ECC
Quad Channel FBD-DDR2 (Fully Buffered DIMM) Memory supportECC PC2-4200F 533 MHz or PC2-5300F 667 MHz FBD-DDR2 SD-RAM256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB DIMM sizes512MB minimum/32GB maximum
Relevancy 55.04%

Uninstall NT server from pc with NT Workstation also installed

I have a problem..
I have NT workstation installed on my C drive.

I then went and installed NT Server on the D drive (partition).

Now I want to remove NT Server from my pc completely (so that I can put Win2000 on my D drive)

Does anyonme know how I can remove NT server without wrecking the NT Workstation install?

Any help MUCH appreciated,

A:Uninstall NT server from pc with NT Workstation also installed

You should not have any problem removing the server version from the D drive. All boot information is on the C drive and you only need to remove the option for NT server from the boot.ini file and change the default line to point to the NT workstation location. Boot.ini is read-only, so change that attribute first. Then simply delete or reformat the D drive (depending on whether there is data to save). Then install W2k.
Relevancy 55.04%

My brother in law runs a roofing company that uses Lotus approach as a database for it's customers, etc. They currently have four workstations. The database is actually set-up pretty nice. Right now there are peer to peer without a server. I need a decent server with raid capability for a cheap price.
I found this:
what do you guys think. have you ever heard of them?

Relevancy 55.04%

Need info on redirecting a workstation to the server. All 5 workstations are set to "Automatically Detect IP Address." One of the workstations does not detect the server. Installed a new PCI Network Card, seems to be installed correctly, driver installed, Windows XP Pro recognized new hardware. Went into Device Manager and Device Shows up as operating correctly, but when I open "Explorer" and also try to communicate with the Server Database, cannot find it. Can you help?
[email protected]

A:Cannot view Server files on Workstation

Are you on a workgroup or a Domain?
Whats the Server Software?
Relevancy 55.04%

i have an infection that stored in a roaming profile i guess.  i run malwarebytes it finds 20 infections on the workstation that is logged in, tell it remove them, reboot and boom they are right back.  go to another workstation log in with that user, same thing, 20 infections, reboot, they right back.  
scanned server with avast business online (it found and deleted 2 infections in profile) but now it doesnt find anything during scans.
unplug workstation from network, scan with malwarebytes and it finds 2 infections in the stored profile, clean, reboot, they are right back.
also tried spybot and adw let them clean stuff they found but same 20 infections pop back up in malwarebytes after reboot though spybot and adw are now show a clean system.
what can i run on the server to clean the profiles?  what progs can i use on the workstation that will clean these infections so they dont come back after reboot?  TIA
Relevancy 55.04%

Ever wonder what the differences are between Microsoft workstation OSes and their server OSes are? Apparently nothing but a few registry entries...

A new little program currently circulating on the web called NTswitch allows you to change Windows 2000 Pro into Windows 2000 Server (Windows XP Pro into Windows.NET Server) and vice versa by backing up your registry, making some changes, and then restoring it.

[Read More]
Relevancy 55.04%

On XP you have remote desktop, which is basically terminal server, but on a workstation. Is it possible to run a terminal server service on a 2000 workstation also?

Cheers, Dan

A:Terminal server on 2000 workstation

I had the same question and could not find an answer. It seems TS cannot be installed on a 2k workstation. You can however load remote desktop on a win 2k client. You can also run netmeeting which allows remote desktop sharing
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everybody. I have Small Business  network with one file server and 25 workstations in workgroup. Lately I've been experiencing some difficulties. Latest: one of the user cannot sign in into network share on the file server from one computer but can
do it from another. I setup same profile with credentials and one is Ok but not another. All workstations have Windows 7 64 bit and our file server is Windows Server 2008 R2. I tried few things suggested on this site but it didn't work.
Thank you

Sam Goykhman
Relevancy 54.61%

I would like to ask some advice

I have recently purchased a Dell T105 Workstation/Server.

I aim to use it as a multi-media hub of sorts to store Videos, music, photos etc that can be accessed
by all the other computers on my network (and from the net). I want use it as a server (with no keyboard, mouse or screen attached).

It came with no O/S installed (I parted with only one ?20 note ).
So my question is, as its a workstation/server, which O/S would suit my needs best.....I was just going to install Microsoft Windows Home server on it? (anyone used this and if so would it suit my needs?).

Maybe one of you guys has a better, more practical option or suggestion?

Any advice is much appreciated

A:What O/S do you recommend for my Dell T105 Workstation/server?

Hi there Dave,

Windows Home Server would be fine if you was just going to use it as a multi-media hub or even what I prefer to use is Windows Server 2008 just incase I want to do other things and run other applications etc...

You could of saved a bit of money by buying a NAS and using that to store photo's and videos etc.. But hey ho .
Relevancy 54.61%

I had to disable both the Workstation and Server Services in order to prevent my Windows XP Pro from hanging during start-up, but now what? My PC started hanging during the start-up process, so I went through Safe Mode and then did a clean boot. When I went through the re-enabled steps, I discovered that both Workstation and Server Services had to be Disabled to prevent the system from hanging. I was able to manually start both the Workstation and Server Services from the Services program, but then the system hung the next time I restarted. I didn't install any new programs. I have McAfee's AT&T Internet Suite running, if that makes any difference. The PC works with Workstation and Server Services disabled, but I want to be able to use printer and file sharing on my home network.

Thanks for any help in advance.

A:Fixing Broken Services: Workstation and Server

Could be file corruption...malware...etc.

Did you take a look in Event Viewer for clues?

Are all critical updates installed?

FWIW: I don't believe there is any single application...that adequately protects a system. I've been wrong before .

Relevancy 54.61%

I have setup a network with a windows 2003 server and 3 workstations. I can access the 3 workstations linked to my server, but I cannot access the server from the workstations... getting an error msg saying that I don't have permission to access the server.

Can anyone tell me how I can solve this problem?

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi folks. I"m guessing I'm out of luck but I have to reauthenticate after I reboot when I want to access my windows home server when using a Live account login for Windows 8. I see some of the benefits but is there any way to add a local login that the PC will use against machines like windows 7 shares and WHS 11 when you try to authenticate against them? Kind of a backwards compatible login somewhere in the background? Thanks.
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey, howsit?

having some trouble with my box, it's a Pentium III 866MHz. When I 'Turn Off' the PC, it powers all the way down to a blank screen, but the box itself does not power off automatically, I have to turn off manually. Is this a BIOS thing??

like I said having some trouble.

A:Using old server as a workstation, comp does not power down automatically

Some useful information would be helpful..
What brand/make is the computer? What motherboard? What OS are you using?

Yes, it can be anything from a design flaw or buggy BIOS to a simple setting in the OS.
Relevancy 54.61%

A brand-new Compaq workstation running Windows Vista has to log in to the Dell PowerEdge server (running Windows Server 2003) every time it reboots. Each time we log in to the server from the workstation, we check the box that says, "Remember password," but it doesn't. My assumption is that it's a security issue somewhere, but since I'm new to Vista, I don't know where to start. The workstation is pre-loaded with Windows Defender, Norton Protection Center and no telling what else.

Anybody know a good starting point?

A:Workstation can't remember server password after reboot

Update... actually, the workstation doesn't have to be rebooted to require a log-in to the server. As soon as someone connects to the server from the workstation and closes whatever window was open, the server can't be accessed again without logging on. But if you log on and leave the server folder open, you can work all day without logging in again. Hmmm.... I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Relevancy 54.61%

Good evening in an attemp to be brief I've been using this build for several months without any issues but suddenly a week or so ago I start having seemingly random BSODs I believe I've narrowed down the problem to these suspects AIMP music player causes some graphical glitches if set to be quot always on top home (used Server BSOD as @ Enterprise workstation) quot and another app goes fullscreen althought I've used it for a while without any real problems TeamSpeak voice chatting program recetly installed Ragnarok an quot old quot game recently installed tried several compatibility modes just in case but with no effect KeyMaestro keyboard driver BSOD @ Enterprise Server (used as home workstation) and utility an older version was responsible for BSODs on Windows but I've been using this one for month without issues Firefox Aurora alpha version updated constanly CCleaner foolishly used it's quot registry cleaner quot capabilities already undone changes and awaiting to see effect and Windows Search recently installed haven't tried disabling it yet But finding wich one is the real culprit is proving to be a troublesome task hence I turn to you hoping you may help me solve this irksome situation I attach more than enough information about the system you can have a quick look at this CPU-Z Screenshot or this Speccy generated report http speccy piriform com results W nvfPsgX gcFNPw

A:BSOD @ Enterprise Server (used as home workstation)

Hola Zippo, bien venidos a SF!

I've had a quick look at your latest jump to see if that would confirm your suspicion and it seems to do that. It points to Maestro2.sys. Remove it (as a test) completely and retry?

HTML Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arg1: fffffa80048e8084, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff88002a2e224, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:

Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80001eb4100

fffff880`02a2e224 410fb74704 movzx eax,word ptr [r15+4]

PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

DEVICE_OBJECT: fffffa80033784d0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800a1fbf80 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800a1fbf80)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000240 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=00000000ffffffff rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88002a2e224 rsp=fffff8800a1fc110 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffffa8001f6b770 r9=0000000000000004 r10=0000000000000000
r11=00000000ffffffff r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
fffff880`02a2e224 410fb74704 movzx eax,word ptr [r15+4] ds:a000:00000000`00000004=????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80001c30a0c to fffff80001c84d00

fffff880`0a1fbe18 fffff800`01c30a0c : 00000000`00000050 fffffa80`048e8084 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0a1fbf80 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a1fbe20 fffff800`01c82e2e : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`048e8084 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`048e7e40 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4621f
fffff880`0a1fbf80 fffff880`02a2e224 : 00000000`00000001 fffff800`01c8abcc ffffffff`ffb3b4c0 fffff880`02a225cf : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`0a1fc110 00000000`00000001 : fffff800`01c8abcc ffffffff`ffb3b4c0 fffff880`02a225cf fffffa80`048e7e40 : Maestro2+0x1224
fffff880`0a1fc118 fffff800`01c8abcc : ffffffff`ffb3b4c0 fffff880`02a225cf fffffa80`048e7e40 fffff880`02a225cf : 0x1
fffff880`0a1fc120 fffffa80`04bfd3e0 : 00000000`00000028 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000026 fffff880`02a1f0a0 : nt!ExAcquireResourceExclusiveLite+0x14f
fffff880`0a1fc190 00000000`00000028 : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000026 fffff880`02a1f0a0 fffff900`c01c0027 : 0xfffffa80`04bfd3e0
fffff880`0a1fc198 00000000`00000004 : 00000000`00000026 fffff880`02a1f0a0 fffff900`c01c0027 fffff880`0a1fc218 : 0x28
fffff880`0a1fc1a0 00000000`00000026 : fffff880`02a1f0a0 fffff900`c01c0027 fffff880`0a1fc218 00000000`00000028 : 0x4
fffff880`0a1fc1a8 fffff880`02a1f0a0 : fffff900`c01c0027 fffff880`0a1fc218 00000000`00000028 fffff880`0a1fc218 : 0x26
fffff880`0a1fc1b0 fffff880`02a2067e : 00000000`00000048 00000000`00000048 ffffffff`fd050f80 fffff900`c01c9010 : kbdclass!WPP_RECORDER_SF_+0x98
fffff880`0a1fc1f0 fffff880`02a207e3 : fffffa80`04bfd3e0 fffffa80`04bfd300 00000000`00000103 00000000`00000000 : kbdclass!Keyboa... Read more
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi! I have a winXP running a program that uses sql database from server. By the way, the problem should not be program related. The connection works just fine a while, but after five minutes or so, i get an error message that connection to database was lost. After this I'm unable to reconnect.

Any suggestions as to what I should look out for in either WinXp's settings or server's settings (winxp is pro version and sql server is running on windows 2000 server)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Relevancy 53.75%

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

A:Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...
Relevancy 53.75%

ok I have this major problem at work and - XP Server Workstation 2003 Windows download new Cannot apps even my part time tech guy has no clue We recently bought a new Dell Server with Windows installed on it Our office workstations were previously linked by a workgroup After my tech guy hooked us all up on the server our domain profiles on our workstation cannot see our Windows 2003 Server - XP Workstation Cannot download new apps files on the C Windows 2003 Server - XP Workstation Cannot download new apps drive when trying to install programs Below are three examples of what is happening with three different programs I am a domain administrator and an administrator on my local machine The weather channel desktop thingy I can download the setup exe file from the website but when I try and run an error message pops up stating that windows cannot find C Programs Please make sure the path is typed correctly blah blah blah I hit ok and the error disappears and the setup stops running Share-O - -Team Application that enables you to share your Outlook calendars inbox and prob everything else I can install this app with no problems but when I open up my Outlook the Share-O program pops up and says it cannot find the database to store incoming messages When I look on the C drive the folder is there and completely accessible Spybot - I tried to run Spybot today and when it found something I would receive a message stating that it could not be written to the folder These problems only happen when I am logged into my domain profile I have no problems if I am logged in on my local machine profile Also my tech guy set no restrictions on any file or extensions I tried to install the weather thingy on my co-workers computer and the same thing happened I am hoping someone can help me out If you need anythign else just let me know Thanks Brenda nbsp
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I m having an issue with sharing a HP printer from a XP Pro print server to a windows workstation The workstations are workstation server windows 7 Sharing printer on print to XP all on the same workgroup and all Sharing printer on XP print server to windows 7 workstation running off the same switch There are some xp workstations and some w worskstations The xp workstations add the printer via the sharename quot Print-SVR HP Colour quot O K but the w machines continually ask me for a password to which I enter and get rejected If I add the printer directly via it s IP address by creating a TCP IP port it works perfectly fine I have disabled all firewalls and set full access to everyone on the printer When I view all the devices on the workgroup I can see the other workstations as well as the print server When I double click on another workstation both XP and W from a W machine I am granted access without being prompted for a password except for the print server When I try the print server I am asked for a password which it does not accept My question is Why am I only asked for a password on the w machines and why does it not accept it when entered Also I have an identical setup at other locations however at these other locations the workstations are either all xp or all windows The print servers are identical and running xp at all locations The only thing that differs at this location is that the workstations are a mix of w and xp on the workgroup I don t see how this could cause a problem as the print server should be indifferent I believe it will be a setting or a permissions issue on the print server but have run out of places to look If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful nbsp
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm going to use Windows Server for a file server on-site backup OK Here is what I have learned just enough to talk the talk but not walk the walk Actually Win 's file system is ReFS And ReFS is a whole lot different from NTFS Have a read http msdn microsoft com en-us library windows desktop hh v vs aspx https blogs msdn com Windows 2012: --- Use also? ReFS as Server NTFS? vs Workstation b b archive edirected true http www pcmag com article asp For obvious reasons I want all my files systems to be converted from NTFS to ReFS I think MS calls that Data Windows Server 2012: Use as Workstation also? --- ReFS vs NTFS? Deduplication but I need to read more http msdn microsoft com en-us library windows desktop hh v vs aspx What I have learned though is that yes you can convert Windows Server to a Workstation but you will encounter lots and lots of problems Not relevant here but I can list them if you wish What I need Windows Server 2012: Use as Workstation also? --- ReFS vs NTFS? to know is how do I converted all my many TB's to ReFS If I dump Win for Win Blue I know Win will read my NTFS but how can I convert them to ReFS Another final question What do you guys think about Windows Blue I hear it's much faster than my Win bit Ultimate I don't like slow

A:Windows Server 2012: Use as Workstation also? --- ReFS vs NTFS?

Based on what I read on link #2, only the server version of Windows 8 supports formatting to ReFS file system so I think you must use Windows Server 2012 as a file server instead of 8 or Blue. Also, based on link #2, neither Windows 8 or server 2012 can even boot on a ReFS file system. They can only boot with NTFS. However, with Server 2012, you can probably use disk management to convert all your HDDs to ReFS except the HDD where Server 2012 is installed (not sure if this is true since this is my first time learning about this information, and I've been using Server 2012 as a VM for Metro Apps since its launch).
Relevancy 53.75%

I need help solving this problem Recently I had networking my two computers together Computer A server with Win XP Prof SP Pentium GHz Computer B workstation with Win XP Prof SP Pentium II MHz Fast ethernet cards were installed on each computer and connect with a ports swich Computer B has Realtec RTL trouble workstation server file shared in from reading fast ethernet card A trouble reading shared file in server from workstation telephone modenn is attached to Computer A I ran windows networking wizard and use floppy disk method to install the Computer B I turn Firewall off on both computers It appeared that the networking trouble reading shared file in server from workstation is successed as I can view shared documents containing shared picture shared video and shared music of trouble reading shared file in server from workstation both computers from either one When I clicked on control panel gt network connection the diagram on both computers indicated that the local area network functioned The problem is that after I made a new folder I shared it and allowed maxium permission to view edit data from other computer for shared data file on copmuter A I cannot access this file from computer B Message quot you do not have the right to this path quot Detail quot you do not have right to computer A name new folder sub-folder file I never set up the administrator or user on either computer as they will be use in family This shared folder has permission for everyone users besides owner I can ping from each computer with replies I ran ipconfig on each computer Computer A Computer B DHCP enable no yes IP address Subnet Mask default gateway blank DHCP server DNS server Just for a trial I have created another folder on Computer A with diffrent name and it does not made any difference Computer B cannot read this file neither I double click ths folder icon on Computer B shown on Computer B when I click the quot my network connection quot on desktop screen and it won t let me access Please help Amy solution besides reformat the hard disks and re-install every things Thank you nbsp

A:trouble reading shared file in server from workstation

Is the folder you are trying to access SHARED? Make sure the EVERYONE FULL CONTROL is set on the SHARE permissions of the folder.

Go into the SECURITY tab of the folder and make sure EVERYONE is there and give them FULL CONTROL permissions.

(I would never recommend doing this on a larger network but since it is just a home network, this is the easiest way to troubleshoot. We can bring down the access rights once we figure out what is going on)
Relevancy 53.75%

Does anybody know why my Fedora 21 Workstation Virtual Machine on a Win 10 machine won't connect to Win Server 2012 R2 machine when using Hyper-V and a virtual switch with an external interface as well as with it using ethernet connection?

If so please let me know as soon as you can.

A:Why won't Fedora 21 Workstation VM on Win 10 machine connect to Win Server 2012 R2

Ask in the Linux OS form, will get more responses there. It is a sub forum of the OS forum.
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey for the ongoing week I been gaming, as usual and I keep getting these events in the log

Name resolution for the name timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

And of course other programs as well

Lost internet, I have to flush my dns and do a ipocnfig release and renew before it works again.

Can I get a resolution?
it does this 3+ times a day, even reset my router, still no good.

Using roadrunner

A:Constant DNS Server disconnects?

Can you please run the tools below on the machine with the issues as admin please. Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue. Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows Update Press "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please COPY AND PASTE the log to your reply. Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it. Checkmark following boxes: Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Devices (problems only) Click Go and copy AND PASTE the result.Download Adware Cleaner run it as admin Click the delete button allow it to run and post the log it creates.
Relevancy 53.32%

I have Outlook 2003 configured to retrieve my mail from AOL. I've been getting various frequent error messages which say things like "Unable to connect to the server" and "a timeout occured while communicating with" and "Outlook is not responding". It comes and goes a lot, but naturally it always seems to be disconnected when I need the mail the most.
Where do I start?

A:Server Disconnects In Outlook

shawnvw,Time out's with servers usually means that a setting has changed for whatever reason or is incorrect. You might want to review the information at this link. That may help. If not, please post back with your exact error messages and settings and we will try to help.Be (IMAP) SafeDa Bleepin AniMod, Animal
Relevancy 53.32%

OK, I have googled and googled but I cannot find any succesfull solution for my problem.
Actually, I found one solution but it doesn't work with Windows Server 2008.

My audio device does not work, when I try to activate it it says "The Audio Service is Not Running."

I started the audio service, and it says: "The Dependency or local group failed to start"

After a bit of research, I discovered that you have to start the dependency, Windows Audio Endpoint Builder. (I checked all the other dependencies, they are started.) When I try to start this, the error comes up:
"Error 0x80070002: System cannot find the file specified."

How can I start the audio?
This is necessary to use my Server 2008.

A:Solved: Windows Server 2008 Workstation Audio Service

I have discovered a solution for myself!
I can't find the original page, but this worked for me.
I almost cried when hearing my system sounds.

For future reference:

1. Run cmd
2. Navigate into

3. Look at the DependOnService entry
4. Right click, edit, and remove all values except RpcSs
5. Restart, and cry with joy.

I believe this works on other Vista versions also.

Or, if you're afraid that you might mess something up, try this registry entry.
Save, right click and press "Modify".

(I am not sure if that will work, if it doesn't, try the first method.)
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok I am having several problems First of Service Start Server Or Find Workstation Browser, Cannot Iexplore.exe, Cannot all internet explorer says it cannot find iexplore exe I also cannot view other domain computers Workstation Server and Computer Browser Service won't start because it says a dependency isn't there or something I cannot start Windows Firewall and the service isn't even listed Please help Below is my HJT log The other weird thing I noticed is in the description for Computer Browser it says quot ededededededededede list of computers on the network quot The errors I get when trying to start the services are Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local ComputerError The dependency service or group failed to startCould not start the Workstation service on Local ComputerError The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletionAnd the same error for Server as WorkstationI tried to fix it on my own by deleting some services that didn't look legit I'll list them here and since then is when I cannot view domain computers or start those services O - Service Application Lar Service Appl - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Com svchost exeO - Service CCProxy - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Cannot Find Iexplore.exe, Cannot Start Browser, Workstation Or Server Service svchost exeO - Service Remote Administrator Service r server - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system dhcp svchost exeO - Service Secure SSL System secure - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system securessl exeO - Service Support - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS Helpsvcs exeO - Service Symantec Event Managers - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS sv exeLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv Cannot Find Iexplore.exe, Cannot Start Browser, Workstation Or Server Service exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINDOWS system netdde netdde exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system regsvc exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Corel Suite Programs DAD EXEC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exeC Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe A... Read more

A:Cannot Find Iexplore.exe, Cannot Start Browser, Workstation Or Server Service

New update. After looking at the registry at both lanmanserver and lanmanworkstation, they both have keys of DependOnGroup (which is blank) and DependOneService (set to "secure"). Secure is one of the bad services I had deleted so I am guessing that is why I cannot start these services. Can someone please help? I may need to reformat but I want to see if there is a fix for this. Thanks.
Relevancy 53.32%

Well this is what it is telling me when i do the diagnosis.... also it says it could be my firewall settings that are also blocking connection....need help please....

A:Connected to Primary DNS server but still not connected

Closing duplicate.
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone This is my first actually second post not counting introduction post on the forum so please don t shout at me I have a question I haven t found answer on the whole internet I have a Windows Server machine and a software which uses USB key to validate the software legality in the network The thing is the USB key disconnects every once in a while every few days and the software pops up a message quot Key validation error quot I check the server and the key is Server Windows USB 2003 itself? disconnects turned off When I reset the machine everything is back normal but in next few days the same situation happens Many people use the software and when the USB key goes down they cannot work I contacted USB key Windows 2003 Server USB disconnects itself? vendor and they never had issue like that Anybody knows any of the questions What could be the reason for such behavior How to fix it permanently How to make a periodical once a day USB port reset turn off and back on Thanks in advance Benio nbsp

A:Windows 2003 Server USB disconnects itself?

You might want to go into your Device manager and right click on the USB key, and check for any "Power Saving options". Your server might be telling it to shut off after so long.
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having an odd problem with my router giving frequent kicks off of game servers and server-supported software (like Ventrilo or Teamspeak), along with pages not loading all the way or videos not loading fully. This happens frequently, like every 30 minutes or so, but for some reason peer-to-peer supported services (like Skype) and games (like Modern Warfare 2) don't suffer from this and I stay connected on there whenever the problem occurs. Anyone have any clue what is happening? I'll find and post info if needed.
Relevancy 52.89%

My office computer runs Windows XP Professional SP see below and I m connected to our new server running Server Essentials For Server from XP Disconnects Windows 2012 the last month or so at every afternoon my Windows XP Disconnects from Server 2012 computer loses its connection to the server I have two programs that access the server and both give me error messages and freeze and I need to restart Windows XP Disconnects from Server 2012 to get back to normal I don t pay much attention to my clock so I m typically on the phone with a customer trying to accomplish something when my system has a meltdown The same error messages come up each time The Security System detected an attempted downgrade attack for server cifs DELLSERVER The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was quot There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request xc e quot The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server cifs DELLSERVER No authentication protocol was available According to the error logs this happens in the evenings and early mornings too although not every day When it does happen during non-work hours it looks like it s consistently an hour apart AM AM AM etc or PM PM PM The error will show up or times in a row then everything will work fine for several hours I do not have any idea where to start to fix this To my knowledge I m the only one with this issue so I m pretty sure it s a problem specific to my machine As always thanks for your help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon Xpress Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc MH Antivirus Symantec Endpoint Protection Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp
Relevancy 52.89%

Good Morning.
I`ve joined a computer to a domain and when I try loggin on it gives me the message: "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship".
I've tried making the following:
- Deleting the computer from my domain, deleting the object from AD and joining it again.
- Steps explained in these links:
And also used netdom and nltest to reset the trust relationship but nothing seemed to work.
Does anybody have any clue?

Raphael Santos | MCP 70-410
Email: [email protected]
Relevancy 52.89%

We are on a windows server 2008 domain with windows 7 professional pcs.  Two months ago we started receiving this error on all pcs.  The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship.
 We have narrowed it down to being a windows update issue and several updates if installed cause the issue to happen.  KB3146706, KB3149090, KB3153171, KB3161561, KB3147071, KB3156417.  If even one of these updates is installed we cannot change
our passwords.
Relevancy 52.89%

Continuing on from this thread I still haven and Home drives Workstation Server connectivity Mapped XP 2003 with issues t had success keeping mapped drives alive upon reboot To refresh the network setup is as followed x Windows Server Mapped drives connectivity issues with XP Home Workstation and 2003 Server with domain but is not Mapped drives connectivity issues with XP Home Workstation and 2003 Server active on Workstations x Windows XP Home Workstations x Windows Vista Home x Workstation I have mapped drives from Mapped drives connectivity issues with XP Home Workstation and 2003 Server each of the desktops to a folder on the server Every time a PC Workstation is shut off then turned on the mapped drives appear as they were mapped but have disconnected from the server I have to go to each PC and manually reconnect to the server using the username and password I m not sure why these connections are breaking when someone reboots the computer I checked the event log on the server and I m getting an error that might be related Error Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network An unexpected network error occurred Group Policy processing aborted Click to expand nbsp

A:Mapped drives connectivity issues with XP Home Workstation and 2003 Server

Slow or bad dns is my best guess
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey there,

I recently built a new PC and installed windows 10 as my operating system (some what regretting it at this moment) and i have installed a game called Archeage that worked just fine on windows 7 with no connection issues what so ever. Now with windows 10 as i try to select a server i get disconnected right away with maybe a 1/100 chance of actually connecting to the server.

Is there something i have to configure with windows 10 to allow me to connect to game servers because i find i have a similar issue with Black Ops 3 in terms of connecting to the server.

This is quite frustrating for me and any help in this would be appreciated..

A:Archeage - Disconnects every time i select a server

Trionworlds posted this a while ago regarding Windows 10 compatibility Windows 10 - Our Current Status!!

and also posted this link if you have any Windows 10 Woes.
Trion Worlds Support Center
Relevancy 52.46%

Is there a way to increase the streaming cache/time/size (whatever) for port 4000 that I use with my DLNA server or, for EVERYTHING on said machine? It is a storage box
only with DLNA, FTPD, and all drives shared for the house to access with TVs or PCs etc.. Although, only the DLNA is timing out on me after like 3hours or so.

I have searched the Mediamonkey forums etc.. to No-Avail. Gotta be a setting somewhere?
Thanks in advance..
Relevancy 52.46%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description
Relevancy 51.6%

Good afternoon all I'm having (without can't server drive Network reboot) reconnect and disconnects the following problem with some PCs on a domain at work and the quot official quot admin is a bit puzzled too let alone me the quot unofficial quot local admin - The scenario there are a few PCs with either Windows Pro or XP Pro with networked drives which point to a Windows Pro PC acting as a server We can get these networked drives working nicely then without Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot) warning the quot client quot machine drops it's connection and we can't reconnect the network drive without rebooting the quot server quot A message comes up something like quot the network drive is already in use quot The admin is Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot) puzzled because Windows Pro can support concurrent network connections or so we believe and when we run quot netstat quot on the quot server quot there aren't anything like connections maybe but not Has anyone got any ideas I can try Thanks in advance Roger V

A:Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot)

Any ideas? This is driving me a bit nuts. :-)
Thanks in advance,
Roger V
Relevancy 51.6%

My net keeps disconnecting even though my Cable Modem shows no issues all lights are go I run Diagnose and repair and it keeps saying its having issues connecting to the primary DNS server or no network connection I restart or let the prompt quot fix quot the issue I checked and Solved: diagnostics server) Disconnects ( Random DNS suggest everything on the modem and pc is set to automatic I have had this random disconnect issue for sometime now the Tech guys from the Cable company always have some sort of excuse to NOT check the wires and say that from their trucks they Solved: Random Disconnects ( diagnostics suggest DNS server) can see that my net is up and running constant with no interruptions The last guys said that I needed a new router It just had to be the router I had a Linksys WRT G It was about years old so I did go and get another one about a week ago Linksys WRT G Same problem though I run xbox s one direct connect to the router and one wireless also a Blackberry curve If I cant connect through wifi I get poop for signal and wireless laptops Funny enough that even with a G router I don t Solved: Random Disconnects ( diagnostics suggest DNS server) have to many issues with speed or connectivity I tried a Linksys N router a while back but had major issues connecting and stayed on the phone for what seemed like hours with customer service trying to fix things didn t work So I plugged the old one back in From there it was just a race for whoever got on first got the strongest signal for playing Modern Warfare Had NAT issues I believe It doesn t matter if its just me here and on the PC or me and my idiot on both xbox s and both pc s disconnects just the same I have done the necessary restart and rebooting of both the surfboard and router Some days or even for days on end things run fine but then it starts I am so confused as to what to do here Like right now I m on but the question is for how long If anyone is good with Blackberry Curves that would help because even when things are working right it still refuses to connect via wifi it says its connected and picks up my router but its not actually showing being connected when its connected it shows pink signal bars and said IMA or something like that nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

So I rebooted the win7 workstation went to login to it normally with the users credentials and it acts like its a new user login everything is default all pst's, docs, favs, everything is gone . If you browse the windows explorer you can see there are other similar profiles that it looks like used to be . What would happen if I tried to rename a user in Active directory?
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok this is a little hard to explain I have been experiencing this problem for about weeks now My problem Solved: is connected "disconnects" after but Connection sometime is that under the Local Area Connection Status everything is working fine and I am able to access internet connections and all but after about mins - hour It will quot disconnects quot The thing is it seems that my Local Area Connection is still active but when I try to access the internet such as MSN Mozilla IE etc etc Everything just disconnects I have tried the quot Repair quot on the Local Area Connection but it is stuck on quot Renewing IP Address quot The only way to get back my connection was to disable it and Solved: Connection is connected but "disconnects" after sometime re-enable it or restart Note The Local Area Connection is still working even after everything such as msn or mozilla disconnects Here is my IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter EFB D E-B B - C- - D DBC Media State Media disconnected Description TAP VPN Adapter - Packet Scheduler M iniport Physical Address -FF-EF-B - D- E Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - A-AF- - D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Wednesday November AM I m running on Linksys Wireless-G WRT GS with Motorola SB SURFboard Windows XP SP Please try to keep it simple I m not really good with hardware software Thank you everyone for trying to help me If things start to get confusing I ll be asking my sister brother-in-law to assist me That will probably take a few days nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

We are running a local domain and today removed a hardware firewall that was create DNS hangups & slow internet speeds & are Just using a ATT gateway to two 24-ports switches. We no longer have the DNS hangups or slow internet, that is all running
better than ever. Now all of the workstations hang on the Welcome screen when a User logs in for 2-3 minutes before it gets to desktop. This issue is happening on all active directory computer but not the one with local accounts.... Can someone assist with
this issue please! Thanks In Advance
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys I just built my first pc and whenever I switch it on everything is working and all the fans are spinning and stuff so I think everything is plugged in properly but when I plug it into my monitor with a hdmi cable there is "no signal".

A:Can't access bios on.newly newly built pc

I also tried spamming f10 or delete and other buttons on my keyboard when it switches on to access bios but I have a mechanical keyboard and nothing seems to happen
Relevancy 47.73%

After changing password users receiving "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship" but are still able to log in after hitting okay and using their new password they just created.
Wondering what has caused this since we have not made any changes to our AD in quite a while.
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a local server where the Server name is setup with the server IP address.
I can ping the server name or the IP address from my Win/10 PC.
I also connect to several other companies using a VPN connection.
When I am connected to one of the VPNs, I can no longer ping to my server name, only my server IP Address.
It tries to connect to the name of my server followed by a dot and another VPN connection name.
I was told by the server group that this a Windows issue and must be in my DNS setting within Network sharing.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to resolve this?

A:Cannot ping server name when connected to other VPN

Welcome to the forum. Once connected to a VPN you are not on local network so you will have problems connecting unless you have port forwarding
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all i have a small problem in here and I hope you may help me Today i was checking my teamspeak server logs to check if a friend connected and left or didnt connect at Everything was fine i filtered server? connected Infected to my pc it to only show clients connected so i could easily see who had connected until i Infected pc connected to my server? spoted that I had connected using a extrange port and when i wasnt at home and PC was powered off using my IP nick ID and disconnect message The port was wich is used by win spybot Antivirus didnt detect anything there are no windows logs server didnt shut down ip hastn changed so my hypotesis is Virus turned on PC as teamspeak is set to load on startup it loaded as teamspeak connects to this server on startup it did connect and leave the log and as i connect to a hidden channel no friends saw and talked to me and virus kept working until Infected pc connected to my server? the disconnect log when it shot down and cleared windows logs BUT if windows loaded correctly when virus turned on the PC why it did use that port to connect to the server or ever connect to the server If i connected to it with that port how it sent results using the same port Any ideas of what could I try
Relevancy 47.73%

My connection to VPN is ok, but when I try to connect to specific server in VPN it fails (\\ If I try to ping server, there is no response.

Maybe there is a problem with my network connection settings, because I have also issue to connect to computer in my network (I need to use nbtstat -a ip, before I can use shared files in network computer).

Anyone has idea?

A:VPN -> cant connect to server when connected

I am not sure what I change (if anything) but now I get such error message:
Any idea?
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I live in California have AT amp T uverse for my internet connection and for my os I have windows xp My internet shows that I have excellent connection all of my other laptops computers work except for this one computer It is a Sony Vaio laptop it s probably - Internet server found but connected not years old I have clicked on obtain DNS Server automatically and it showed NO IP address Several packets have been sent and have been received Below is from the command screen I typed in IPCONFIG ALL and this is the result Hopefully someone can help me I have also reset my router and have spent way too many inexperienced hours messing around with this Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Miranda gt ipconfig Internet connected but server not found all Windows IP Configuration Host Name D F Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -CB- A-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - -A - - -EC nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Is there some free server that i can use for creating a chat room application? and i need help on how to make it I've used java and i already know how to connect in database but i want to know how to connect server ?

A:Chat room connected to the server!

In the Server to Client relationship if you connected (a client) to a database you are technically connecting to a (database)server. I don't like to tell people to 'Google' when they post on TSG but I haven't seen any recent post concerning chat room software. When you search for "chat room software" you get lots of hits. It will take some time to investigate all the options. Good plan not to reinvent the wheel here.

Maybe someone will catch this post and provide some options.
Relevancy 46.87%

I am using the Hotspot Shield VPN. Since the day I upgraded from Windows XP to Win 7, it has completely lost connectivity.

The computer simply refuses to connect and immediately shows 'unable to connect' when I put it On.

The VPN is working perfectly OK on all other machines I have, a Mac Air and a Win XP PC. So the problem is definitely with Win 7. (Probably its got something to do with security).

HS has a real lousy and incompetent customer service so I thought to first try asking here as I expect to get better advice than them.

A:My Hotspot Shield VPN not getting connected to server at all.

A free product, yet you are expecting world class customer service.

Try this:
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I m have my office computer at home and I want to get into my mail The laptop is one i normally use at work and I connect to the exchange server when I am a work no problem I also have a local archive where i copy mail so that my inbox doesn t get too full its limited in size Now I m at home and want to get into my mail that I have in my local inbox When I start outlook it tells me that the microsoft exchange server in unavailable which is right since i m not on the office lan and gives me the option to work offline which is what I want When I click connected Server. Outlook run won't Exchange not to if on work offline I get the error msg quot Cannot start outlook Unable to open the outlook window The set of folders could not be opened quot Can anyone tell Outlook won't run if not connected to Exchange Server. me what I have Outlook won't run if not connected to Exchange Server. to do to get into my mail Also what ever I do I don t want to messup my mail when I m in the office Thanks Any help would be appriciated Louie nbsp
Relevancy 46.87%

I have just started to get this message when accessing my emails through MS Outlook 2007.
The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified.
When you accept the offer to continue using this server, everything works until the next time you use Office.
Any clues anyone?
I've gone surfing on the net without finding a solution I'm afraid.
I use Windows 7 Ultimate
MS Office 2007
and the offending account is a Hotmail account.
I do have several email addresses redirected to Outlook - they all work fine.
Any help would be appreciated!

A:The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot ...

The Hotmail security certificate has expired and thus the verification warning. The MS Outlook 2007 is configured to access the mail server using the encryption protocol connection.
More info.
Relevancy 46.87%

I ve got a DSL modem with a Linksys Wireless router in my home with XP PC s but connected Server, PC - Cannot is I.E. find Solved: connected successfully - one wireless one not The church Solved: I.E. - Cannot find Server, but PC is connected tried to connect DSL at church without success so I brought their PC also XP with sp home and connected it to my network The Lan runs fine and the PC is connected to the internet through the router I can ping outside addresses using the numbers but not the names It also does windows update so it is connected but internet explorer always displays quot cannot find server quot For a while I would see quot detecting proxy settings quot in the internet explorer window but not always No proxy is set The PC was previously connected using dialup and internet connection sharing at the church I ve tried all of the suggestions I ve seen in this forum and am out of ideas I ve also switched NIC cards - the original card with the PC was an onboard com card and the other is a com card same model number same driver but separate slot Same problem with both cards The driver is as uptodate as I can find Below is the IPCONFIG All Windows IP Configuration Host Name slc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Com EtherLink PCI For Complete PC Management NIC C C-TX Physical Address - -DA- - - C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Monday October PM Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Has anyone ever experienced any networking problems between a server with Windows 2000 loaded on it and Windows XP WorkStations. We don't want to do this if there's going to be major problems. Thanks for any input or insights on this.

A:Windows 2000 Server with Windows XP WorkStation

No problems whatsoever. Should work as well as any other OS with a Windows network client.
Relevancy 46.44%

I have kept my corporation computer after working as expat as part of the perk; however I do not have the administrator accounting and I do need acting as administrator role for different reasons.
How can I fix this? It is window 7 enterprise;
It is great to have an answer ASAP.
Relevancy 46.44%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.
Relevancy 46.44%

just a lo down
we have a server, but looking for software that we can use. something equivalent to linux. the main task will be to hook up all the mac's we have to this server.
at the moment the macs are hooked up on a exchange server. so we need somthing dedicated to the macs.

any help will be appreciated

A:software needed for server connected to macs

What will the purpose of this sever be? File sharing or application? Or is it just to have the Macs all 'connected' together?
Relevancy 46.44%

Dear Fellows,

i have a printer connected to server which is avaliable to rest of computers which are connected to network via Wifi.

when a print request is send by a computer it stays pending as Server-Printer is offline, for printer to be online 1st user has to go to Networks->Server-PC then has to enter username and password.

is there a way to overcome this so that any computer which is connected to network can send request for print without having Userneme/Password of any account on the server?

A:Open Access of Printer Connected to Server

Kam, is this printer connected to the server directly? If so then the system admin has to change the security tab of the printer. If the printer has an IP directly, you should be able to add the printer by IP and it should be ok.

Can I assume that your not logged onto the server or Domain?

Relevancy 46.44%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello My desktop PC loses connection to the Internet frequently It usually follows a pattern wherein I have Internet for about min then I lose access to the Internet for - min before the Internet magically returns only to fail again shortly after It is also worth noting that I don't lose connection to the wireless network itself only access to the Internet When my Internet fails Chrome returns the message quot DNS probe failed no internet quot or a similar message also referring to the DNS server while the build in Windows troubleshoot gives one of several error messages including quot Your braodband modem is experiencing connectivity issues quot despite the W-LAN working fine on all other devices and another error message about the DNS server Following a guide on the Internet I have tried disabling the Miniport adapter but it didn't resolve the issue I am using a Fritz Box not sure about the exact model and a Fritz Wireless LAN stick I'll edit this post with the ipconfig output as soon as I can get my Internet to work on my desktop long enough to do so Edit Here's the ipconfig output Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alexander-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List fritz box Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - LAN Wireless with "DNS disconnects frequently, server" problems - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix fritz box Description FRITZ WLAN USB Stick N v Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b d b b f d c ab Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August Lease Wireless LAN disconnects frequently, problems with "DNS server" Expires August Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- -C - - -E - - -D - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Wireless LAN disconnects frequently, problems with "DNS server" Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -E - - -D - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D - - B -A D- CC E ED B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap fritz box Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix fritz box Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Wireless LAN disconnects frequently, problems with "DNS server"

Create a manual System Restore point - System Restore
Run in cmd:

netsh winsock reset
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone. There are no IT employees at my small company and everyone else has started coming to me with their computer issues. Normally it's fairly straight-forward, but I've never come across this one before.

We've got a computer that's connected to the network and has internet access, but cannot access the network drive like the other computers can.

The shared drive is found under computer --> network location.
The operating system is Windows 7.

I've tried disconnecting from the network and reconnecting, and mapping the network drive. Honestly, this is way outside of my knowledge base, so anything that might help is appreciated.

Thank you!

A:Solved: Connected to Network, Can't access server files

We copied a file for fixing the map drives, and the shared file, onto a USB drive and manually uploaded it onto the problem computer.
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi network but connected 2003 traffic Solved: Server no I have a standard machine with networking issues the nic shows that it is connected and it received the Solved: Server 2003 network connected but no traffic correct DHCP ip from the router but i can t ping the router or any other ip on the network i ran a TCP IP fix Winstock Fix LSP Fix checked the services that starts up checked the startup programs turned the firewall off checked in advanced settings on the nic if the correct order is there the funny thing is that in safe mode with networking it works like a charm but not when i boot in to windows normally If i ping the router it just shows destination host unreachable The machine is virus free spyware free and malware free it has SP installed it is up to date with all patches the only error is can see in the event viewer is Event ID Wins Performance monitor counters could not get the Wins stastistics File name winservnt dll any ideas thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Server 2003 network connected but no traffic

Is there any particular reason why you have your server running as a DHCP client?
Relevancy 45.58%

I no longer work for the company that had the Exchange server and I have my personal pop3 email coming into Outlook.
When I try to use the rules wizard, it tells me that the rules must be on the Exchange server. How do I correct this?
Is there some other way to direct emails from different pop3 accounts into their own inbox folder?

A:Allow rules wizard to work even though no longer connected to Exchange Server?

well did you delete the email that you had with the Exchange server? Stupid question but have to make sure
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Compaq Presario V2000 Laptop, with a built-in wireless network connector. Recently, I have come across the problem of not being able to connect to the internet. I've tried on multiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE), but all come up with some sort of "Server Not Found" message. I am connected to my usual wireless network with a good signal strength, but I am still unable to get on any web page.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the network, and restarting my computer, but to no avail. Other computers on this wireless network (like the one I'm on now) work fine.

Thank you.

A:Wireless Network "Connected" to Internet, "Server Not Found Error"

Relevancy 45.58%

One morning after updating to AVG the night before but no other significant change in usage of my laptop my web bowser stopped working I have a network connection wired mediacom cable but when you try to go to any website like yahoo msn ect it says it can t find quot yahoo quot server If I try to go to googe it redirects me to http and says the website name is invalid I tried pinging yahoo with all four packets failed The laptop still has no ablity to access the web using another laptop in same house with same modem cable and set up and it works The laptop web can't Network Virus? website but connected browser find server. had Virus? Network connected but web browser can't find website server. AVG on it but my roommate thought it was AVG conflicting with the older version that could have not been removed all the way found this to be a problem on AVG s site so he removed AVG I have downloaded Malwarebytes and it found malicious files which I removed I then ran it again in safe mode to find one more trojan I am unable to install anti-virus since it requires internet access Internet has remained the same so I just downloaded Hijacker on it and the log is below I am hoping you can tell me if there are malicious files as I don t know how to tell Thank you so much for any help you can give me Also if you can tell is this the kind of virus that would take personal information like passwords I need to know if I need to protect myself from an attack of that nature Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Sunbelt Software VIPRE SBAMSvc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe C Program Files Epson Software FAX Utility FUFAXSTM exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtMon exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtProc exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIFCA EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIFJA EXE C Program Files NewSoft Presto PageManager for EP PMSpeed EXE C Program Files Nike Utility Nike Utility exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software VIPRE SBAMTray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Steve Application Data U E CA C LaunchPad exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft ... Read more
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a user who is using a domain joined Windows Pro PC She has several printers mapped via a domain print server She uses a VPN to connect to another site with a different Windows domain She logs into the VPN with a user account setup for her on the other domain She then logs into a RDS server using those same credentials The problem is that she is unable to print to any of her local printers from the RD server The local printers show as being redirected on the RD server The redirected printers all look like they're online and Desktop to server while Local are printers offline Remote connected she receives no error when printing but nothing nbsp comes out of the printer However when you view the printers on her PC during an RDS session they are all Local printers are offline while connected to Remote Desktop server showing offline As soon as you disconnect from the RD server and the VPN the local printers come back online and anything she tried to print to a redirected local printer while on the server now prints out I've checked and the print spooler service on her PC never stops so that's not the cause I've checked with another user as user 's location who sits feet away from her and is mapped to Local printers are offline while connected to Remote Desktop server the same local printers She connects to the other domain via VPN using her own credentials on the other domain and logs into that same RDS server She then prints a document to the same redirected printer that user is trying to print to but in this person's case the document prints out and the local printers on her PC never show as being offline while connected to the VPN and RD server I've deleted the VPN connection from user 's PC and re-created it and compared it to user and there is no difference So I'm stumped as to why the locally mapped printers on this user's PC go offline as soon as she connects to the RD server Jonathan
Relevancy 45.15%

Anyone like to venture an opinion about what a server in a small LAN of max 6 machines should contain that a decent or hi spec workstation does not have - other than perhaps a larged hard drive?
Any opinions most welcome!

A:Server spec v. hi spec workstation

I run a domain server, there are 2 hard wired PC's, 4 wireless laptops, and 1 media box.
Its spec is a HP XE310 with 1GHZ CPU and 256 meg of memory, it has been running for over 2 years and has never crashed or failed yet.
Over the time i have added HDD's upto 300GB in size.

I run azureus over night on it and it works fine.

I had a chat with someone on here who recommended Linux or Unix as a server, myself I run Windoze server 2000 but thats a personal choice.

Relevancy 45.15%

hi there

we have a windows server 2008

and have a other windows server 2005 which is normal host which has shared folders on our network

from last few days we are facing problem all our shared folder gets disconnects and we are unable to access it
when i open the folder after starting my pc and minimize it it works fine but if i dont open it
then after few hours it wont b available i am not able to open shared folder again i have to restart plz help

sorry for my bad english :-D
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there I hope this is the correct place to ask about this I've done quite a bit of mucking around with my computer lately installed ubuntu as an additional OS on a separate hd install Studio/Sql connected MS Visual Internet new to of my Blips in Connectivity Server? but nothing seemed to impact my internet connection until I installed Microsoft SQL Server and Visual Studio I'm just using them to learn as part of an online course and don't really need them to constantly run I do notice that the reporting services and sqlserver as well as a few smaller related Blips in my Internet Connectivity connected to new install of MS Visual Studio/Sql Server? processes are always running in the background I didn't notice a problem instantly but from the day after I installed to now I have periods during surfing where I'll briefly lose my internet connection for a minute or so usually but enough to boot me interrupt me annoy me Is it the reporting service as the culprit Or is it a coincidence and something else is monkeying with my connection Thanks for any info you have about my problem Amy
Relevancy 45.15%

This is driving me bonkers and I "workstation" to copy WinXP FAIL file "server" Win7 have almost no hair left I really hope someone can help When I attempt to copy or Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL move a file or folder from my Win box to my WinXP SP media server the operation nearly always fails Take for example my trying to copy the VLC Media Player folder files MB from Program Files Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL on Win to the C drive on the media server via a mapped drive X In all cases after hanging up at some point during the copy I get this message Network Error There is a problem accessing X lt whatever current sub-folder copying is gt Make sure you are connected to the network and try again I should note here that you only see the message come up if you wait for it min after the copy hangs If you try to cancel the hung copy before the message comes up you can crash explorer exe I must Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL also stress that there are no other access problems on the network Files on the media server are accessible as expected from the Win box Performing the same copy in reverse quot pulling quot the same folder to the XP box from its console instead of quot pushing quot from Win works perfectly All machines are in WORKGROUP and the same exact credentials are in use on all machines All machines run the same version of Symantec Endpoint Protection and have firewall rules configured to allow all LAN traffic All machines are connected through a Linksys SD -port GB quot dumb quot switch Routing DHCP is provided by a D-Link DI- NICs are all set to auto-negotiate I have tried monkeying with NIC settings it is an onboard Realtek to no avail I have also installed an Intel PRO XT Server NIC just to see if it was a Realtek issue No change Here's the kicker my Win Panasonic laptop connected to the same LAN does not suffer this same problem In fact when I run the same copy the speed is about twice as fast as on the Win PC in question before the PC hangs up of course Any ideas that I might try would be appreciated I have even recently reinstalled Win from scratch hoping that might fix it EndGame

A:Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL

Same thing happens in my LAN between both Seven Ultimate x86 and x64 and a XP Pro SP3 file server, and also no problem copying from a Toshiba U200-182 laptop with Seven Pro x86 (Upgrade disk from Toshiba)to the same xp machine, also note that there is a normal transfer speed between al Seven platforms....
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all,

In days of yore it was recommended to create a boot disk...just in case. I don't know whether this is still in practice with Windows XP. From what I can see is. I am trying to help out a small law office who is planning to upgrade to xp. I'd planned to write instructions for them for creating their start-up disks. One question I was asked (and couldn't answer) was whether each workstation needed it's own, or if they could just create one boot disk on one workstation and keep it in the safe for all to use.

Does anyone know? Thanks!

A:Should An Xp Boot Disk Be Created? And Can Workstation A's Boot Workstation B?

if its the same win xp pro cd (same serial) then it should work with all of them. but it also wouldnt hurt to make discs for all of them.