Windows Support Forum

Windows 2003 DNS Server - Client Records not being deleted.

Q: Windows 2003 DNS Server - Client Records not being deleted.

Okay let me give you all the facts up until about 2003 Windows - deleted. Server not Client being Records DNS months we ran hardcoded PC s across the board We then got more and more laptops and are finding it easier to now run DHCP One issue I have is we are running DHCP off a Cicso router and not off the Windows server Also remember we have a bunch of subnets as each location is on its own vlan while this does not matter the same problem is happening Windows 2003 DNS Server - Client Records not being deleted. with the local LAN with the hosting servers I just now went into DNS and noticed that our records are not being updated within DNS We had some records that are in our forward lookup zones that were months old that have no computername any longer even on the network In the reverse lookup zones there is more of the same where we Windows 2003 DNS Server - Client Records not being deleted. have multiple records with the same IP This is happening in both forward and reverse lookup zones and is on different DNS servers Now scavenging was set for the forward lokup zones for days abut the reverse lookup zone was NOT enabled We went ahead and enabled it and then I did a forced Scavenge Stale resource records on both servers at the same time This did part of what I wanted but did not fix the entire problem In the forward lookup zones the A records that were stale are now gone at least the main ones that caused me to notice the problem to begin with In the reverse lookup zones there are still a TON of duplicates - PTR records for different PC s on the same IP and PTR records for PC on different IP s Now to sum it up and how to fix this - Why isn t the forward lookup zone scavenging anything more than days out to begin with Why won t the reverse lookup zones scavenge even with days scavenging Note some of these records date back over a year and I know they are stale but they are not being scavenged Is there any wayt to get a Cicso router that is handling DHCP to also update the Windows DNS or is this asking the impossible nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 2003 DNS Server - Client Records not being deleted.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 2003 DNS Server - Client Records not being deleted.

Hello Stumped!

I am having the same problem in my environment with my reverse lookup zones. I have duplicate PTR records and scavenging does not seem to be working for the reverse lookup zones. I am at the point now where I am considering deleting my reverse lookup zone and recreating. I just have to answer a few questions about how I am going to recreate the reverse lookup entries that were created from manual forward entries. I would hate to have to do that part manually.

At any rate, I believe I can at least speak to your question regarding a Cisco device being used for dynamic DNS.

You're Windows 2000/XP clients should register their forward lookup name themselves. The DHCP server registers the PTR records on the client’s behalf. The client has the option of requesting to update both records; however, it is only responsible for actually updating the forward lookup zone. The reverse lookup zone in a Microsoft scenario is always updated by the DHCP server.

I have not been able to determine that Cisco routers actually support dynamic DNS. I have seen some documentation for security appliances that make it possible (but I don't think they work with MS DNS)

As far as what I've found from Cisco, they sell a DNS/DHCP solution called Cisco Network Registrar which supports dynamic DNS. My suggestion would be to pick one solution or the other. (I have no experience with CNR and I have no idea what it costs)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_user_guide_chapter09186a00801ef249.html

If you are using Microsoft DNS servers, I would be inclined to also use Microsoft DHCP servers for IP address assignment. What is the reason that you guys do this in your environment? As a network analyst my main concern with reverse lookup zones is simply that they work properly, so many network scanning/information gathering tools use reverse lookups to resolve host names and it's nice when the correct names are resolved.
Back to the Microsoft Reverse lookup zone stuff.

(I have not tested this, but as a side note you may play with turning off the round robin lookup feature that is enabled by default in Microsoft DNS, this is a feature that allows for load balancing. You can have multiple host records of the same name that point to different IP addresses, the DNS server responds in a round robin fashion to requests. Returning one result for the first query and the next result for the second query and so on. The only thing I don't know is how it will respond if this feature is off, if it uses the newest entry by default then this could be a temporary fix for your problem) I am thinking about playing with this in my environment temporarily until I can fix my reverse lookup zones for good. Take a reverse lookup entry that has duplicates and try this out. Do a nslookup xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and see how it responds each time, it should rotate through the list of duplicate entries.

At any rate, I hope this helps. Have you discovered anything new with the reverse lookup zone issue?

Thanks,

Jon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-dns-server-client-records-not-being-deleted.442571/
Relevancy 94.6%

i have the server with windows SP and i executed replication active directory domain controller on the new server as i have two servers all with computer in the client server 2003 problem network client/server windows expect one client computer work ok onthe problematically computer is with the windows me problem is when i shut down old server the computer with win me drop out from domain and he don t see new server when i power on old server the client computer work ok i deinstalled the win me on this computer and i installed to him win xp pro but problem is same this computer don t see new server and he don t see others client computers in network problem with client computer in the client/server network windows server 2003 what i do i tryed to make new user account but nothing i can t because of this computer don t see new server on client computer light green indicator on network adapter Realtek d all the time i use commands ping with the ip address of server with the name of server nothing ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ip address of old server is and new server maybe problem is when i type ipconfig in dosprompt on new server i receive DNS server and DHCP plz help me thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-client-computer-in-the-client-server-network-windows-server-2003.617978/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

We have bound several Macs to the Microsoft AD domain. One of the reasons for doing this was to achieve a single sign-on environment. ie no need to reautenticate when connecting to one of the file servers etc.
The problem we have is that when we attempt to connect to the Win2003 fileserver using AFP we are still being prompted to reauthenticate wheras if we use SMB instead it connects staright away. We have noticed that the SMB connection works straight off as the Kerberos Domain Controller (KDC) issues the OSX user with a kerberos ticket which is viewable in the Kerberos.app on the Mac.
Does anybody have any ideas that may help with this ?
Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-no-single-sign-on-for-osx-afp-client.651686/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi All,

I am working as a system administrator in a gaming company around with 80 systems and 3 Linux systems (RHEL 5.0)..

The 80 systems are Windows Xp and server is Windows 2003 R2...These 80 systems are clients under this 2003 server..

But the three Linux systems are in workgroup..How can i add these three systems to Windows network..

As per my knowledge it is possible with WINBIND..

But tell me what are changes needed in Linux and as well as windows server 2003...

Please help me..

Thanks in Advance..

A:How can i Join RHEL 5.0 system to Windows server 2003 as a client

Please do not create multiple threads for the same problem.
Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/unix-linux/786943-how-can-i-join-rhel.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-join-rhel-5-0-system-to-windows-server-2003-as-a-client.786944/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am running a Windows server with NICS in my office The internal LAN in the office is on xxx subnet mask The Second NIC installed for VPN has IP address I have configure RAS to work on the Second NIC It uses DHCP to give out IP addresses 2003 Problem-Windows VPN Routing Server/Vista Client to VPN clients in the xxx range My home network and Vista client machine are on xxx I can connect and register my Vista client machine on the network but I cannot ping any of the computers including the server in the office network I believe I have to set up some sort of a static route or a classless route or something like that so that the VPN client machine xxx can hop over to the office network xxx Can anyone VPN Routing Problem-Windows 2003 Server/Vista Client help By the way I know that the router is passing the traffic correctly because if I set up RAS to distribute an address to the VPN client in the xxx range using the existing NIC not the second NIC in the server everything works fine nbsp

A:VPN Routing Problem-Windows 2003 Server/Vista Client

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-routing-problem-windows-2003-server-vista-client.552556/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi All,
After patching the updates of an existing Windows 8.1pro Client, I'm unable to connect to shared folder of Windows 2003 Server...But, you can connect by typing the IP of the Server....Eg: \\192.168.1.2 but not by the Server name...eg: \\Tac-Server...
Please note that the Windows update went smoothly without any error and now it's showing no more windows update but directly upgrade to Windows 10.
Can you please help me to sort out this issue.
Thanks
Prabhath

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8ae6364-a177-4ddc-9b93-2d9fa93bdd2d/cannot-connect-to-windows-2003-server-after-updating-the-windows-81pro-client?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I currently have Mapping to 7 Server Client Win 2003 a Win Server of which I was running XP's on for years with no latency issues while logging in I just upgraded the CLIENT PC's to Windows I MAPPED the drives to each CLIENT but after the login name and password are entered the time it takes Win 7 Client Mapping to Server 2003 to MAP the drives is at a minimum of minute Before they mapped in seconds and these CLIENT computers are much faster then what I had in the XP's Any suggestions I have already tried to quot relax quot the security settings on the CLIENT computer Win 7 Client Mapping to Server 2003 but to no avail Should I try SHARED FOLDERS instead but if that's the case I have a NETWORK software that all the CLIENTS use off the server Plus we save ALL work to the server which gets backed up nightly so all the EXCEL files need to be accessed from each CLIENT to the SERVER Again my problem is lying with the Win 7 Client Mapping to Server 2003 LATENCY on logon after I open the programs and the drives are mapped the computers run very fast Ideas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-client-mapping-to-server-2003-a-1099218.html
Relevancy 72.24%

hello engineers,
how r yo all? Guys i need your help.
My problem is windows 7 hangs and freeze when access 2003 server Enterprise edition . This is not a small network, one of the biggest network.
i have doubt on individual users on domain.before 2 months we had department wise users mean, for example [email protected] But after we created the individual users like [email protected] to all users.
this is i believe the cause of problem. When we acess the server via the software it freezed for 5 seconds and then repeat to normal state. And after some time it hangs for 2 minutes.
we r a big company ,producing daily basis.hmmmm Openly very large media and press company. please any one know the exact problem? Thanks

A:windows 7 client and 2003 server: network Slow in very big Network !!

Hi Mohamed and Welcome to SF,

Pls. check your Server's Event Viewers error logs, especially DNS errors.

What type of Security or AV Software do you have installed in your Server?

Will it be possible for you to post an ipconfig /all output of one Win7 machine and the Server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185072-windows-7-client-2003-server-network-slow-very-big-network.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all I am the administrator of a small Windows Small Business Server network which comprises Server NIC 2003 SBS Connection Server/Client Error - Win and Clients One of the client computers failed and I had to run a diagnostic on the components which meant testing each i e M b Video CPU Hd etc It transpired that on this Client the PSU was the problem so I installed a new PSU rebuilt the Client and connected it to the network and restarted it Everything started OK except I could not connect to the network I tried to Join a domain via My Computer Properties Computer Name Win SBS 2003 - Server/Client Connection Error and Change and putting in the Domain name of the server I receiver the Error message - An error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location SRV resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain ABCD CO UK The error was quot The requested address is not valid in its context quot error code x WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL The query was for the SRV record for ldap tcp dc msdcs ABCD CO UK So there you are the full Error message I have so far been unable to get the Client computer to connect to the Win SBS Server but there is one thing that may be relevant I did attach the HD to another Client pc to confirm it was OK so could this have reset something on the HD which has stopped it connecting to the Server Any help on this would be gratefully accepted Regards Gerryw p s Hope this is not to long winded nbsp

A:Win SBS 2003 - Server/Client Connection Error

The computer is not in the domain at the moment?

The first thing to check with everything related to Active Directory: is the DNS set up correctly? Make sure that the computer in question has the SBS machine as its DNS server.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-sbs-2003-server-client-connection-error.89718/
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm having difficulty getting my PC into a new domain - I've setup a Server 2003 box and can ping the workstation from the server, but cannot ping the other way around, and am unable to join the PC into the domain. A pretty fundamental problem I would say! Maybe I missed something when setting up the server?

I built a small SBS 2003 domain for a customer a few months ago and thought I would take advantage of my Technet sub and build a 2003 network so I can test stuff etc. But I cannot get the damn thing setup! Grrrrrrr!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003-client-attach-problems.556687/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,
how can i add a new record between two existing recorfs in access 2003 ?

thank you in advance

A:add a new records between two existing records in Access 2003

Sorry I do not understand your question, in what way will the record be "Between" 2 other records?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-a-new-records-between-two-existing-records-in-access-2003.703395/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,
I am having problems remotley administering my domain. I am using a vista computer to administer my domain remotely. When I try to open the domain users and computers appalet I get the message that says " naming information can not be located ...". I know that DNS is running (maybe not correctly) and that my computer logged on to the domain. DNS is the only thing that I can think as the problem. I can log onto OWA by typing in the ip address but I can not use the admin tools. Please help

Thank You

A:Can not connect to the server 2003 domain from the vista client

Well, how about fixing the DNS? Without working DNS, you can pretty much forget about doing anything with AD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-not-connect-to-the-server-2003-domain-from-the-vista-client.102666/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server has the following restrictions:
- Only one computer in a domain can be running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server must be the root of the Active Directory® forest.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server cannot trust any other domains.
- A Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server domain cannot have any child domains.
- Each additional server must have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 client access license (CAL). You can use CALs for each user or for each device.
The standard edition of Windows Small Business Server 2003 includes Windows Server 2003 technologies, including fax service, firewall service, and remote-access service. Additionally, it includes Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, enhanced tools for server monitoring and administration, and an out-of-the-box solution for internal Web sites. The standard edition is ideal for customers who do not require the higher-level functionality included in the premium edition

The premium edition includes everything in the standard edition, plus Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, and Microsoft FrontPage® 2003. The premium edition is ideal for small businesses with more demanding IT needs, such as data-intensive line-of-business applications, or advanced firewall and Web-caching capabilities

The standard edition has most of the stuffs inside.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.287187/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

ok i got the answer to this from another source.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.286015/
Relevancy 62.35%

WHen you copy a file in Windows 7 do previouly deleted records & sheets exist in the new file (Excel file)? If they do is there a method to "wipe clean" the deleted records & individual sheets? How about SQL data base records that are deleted. How do you "wipe them clean"?

A:Deleted Records

See this Deleting Data from an SQL Table

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132676-deleted-records.html
Relevancy 62.35%

When entering data via MS Access into an Oracle based data set, the Sub Form used for entry seems to show the new record as #Deleted after losing focus to the next new record. Yet if I exit the form and re-enter to that record, the data was actually posted to the table. Does anyone have any experience with this arbitrary delete occurrence?

A:#Deleted Records

It is not arbitrary, it is because the form does not refresh the data live. You need to refresh it to get it to display the changes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleted-records.987744/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I created the following performance counter using logman exe nbsp logman exe counters incorrectly Server Windows correctly creates performance on 2003 but Server Windows Logman 2008/2012 on create counter US Triton Perf Log -b -e -r -s server -si frequence -cf folder server txt -f logtype nbsp -o C local logs Perfout Server --a -v mmddhhmm nbsp -rf nbsp max Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 duration When I do this across multiple servers specifically for Windows Servers the counter is created to repeat and run everyday at PM and stops running everyday at PM This works perfectly fine as intended However When I do this for a Windows server my created counter is very different For example in this case I have set to the counters to start at AM and end at PM because I have set a maximum duration of hours the job terminates and begins on the next day since Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 I have the repeat option on However this does not apply to our server logman creates the job to run once a week in this case it would be on a Wednesday In addiiton I noticed that the job doesn't not even start at it's indented time It actually does not start at all I also notice that the jobs on all windows servers are created in a pending status which then prevents me from removing Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 the counter remotely nbsp I would like to know if windows is capable of working like my win servers using logman and if historically the job has to be kicked off through scheduled task nbsp Both Jobs are using the same criteria but are created differently The top photo was created on a windows server and the bottom photo was created on windows server Am I missing something here FYI I have a script to automate across servers so when I deployed this it turned out about servers were actually running as intended and a whole bunch of them were in pending status and all stopped nbsp I appreciate any response on this issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8377c80-cabf-41ca-bd0b-8132c4e19269/logman-creates-performance-counters-on-windows-server-20082012-correctly-but-incorrectly-on-windows?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 61.92%

We are running Windows 2002 XP & Home editions. We deleted our duplicate records about a month ago and last week, they all reappeared in our database. We spent the last couple of days deleting all of the duplicates again and then yesterday and this morning there are even more of them. Some of them are in triplicate or even more. I don't understand this.

We are using Act 2007 version 9.0

A:Act is restoring records we have deleted

Do you have the data stored on only one PC? Could it be making a backup on one and then reading from that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/act-is-restoring-records-we-have-deleted.607288/
Relevancy 61.06%

Here s the situation Every week I ghost copies of our servers Two Windows servers and two Windows servers Each server has one Western Digital GB ide hard drive in a hard drive rack and there is one open rack for inserting the backup hard drives I use ghost on floppies each is configured to run the ghost backup automatically When I am ready to ghost I insert the backup drive insert the floppy disk and start the server Ghost loads backups the drive and says ghosting is complete I and Server problem Windows Ghost Norton 2003 (long) 2003 take the main drive out and replace it with the ghosted copy The ghost copies for and boot up fine no Windows 2003 Server and Norton Ghost 2003 problem (long) problems FINALLY TO THE PROBLEM When I remove the Ghost copies and reinsert the main drives the Windows 2003 Server and Norton Ghost 2003 problem (long) servers will not boot but the servers do This doesn t happen every week and sometimes one server will work and the other won t When they don t work the servers post but for some reason don t see the hard drive this is not the ghost copy On one of the servers I have figured out the problem When the server won t read the hard drive I would pull out the drive and reinsert it fixing the problem Recenctly the other server wouldn t boot the main drive after it was ghosted I thought maybe the hard drive bay was bad so I switched the hard drive out with a spare bay Reinserted it in the rack and the server still couldn t find the hard drive during boot If I stick the ghost copy back in it boots up without a hitch Is it possible for ghost to destroy a hard drive like that nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-and-norton-ghost-2003-problem-long.289436/
Relevancy 60.63%

i am having microsoft windows server for small business server Service Pack iwant to run an application build up with ASP NET amp SQL DATABASE for generating reports we are using crystal reports while running the application i am gettig an error message as File or assembly name CrystalDecisions Web or one of 2003 microsoft small Pack business windows for Service 1 server server its dependencies was not found i tried to copy all the dll files in to the bin folder still the problem is not solved Source Error Line debugging ASP NET files Line -- gt Line lt compilation defaultLanguage quot c quot debug quot true quot gt lt assemblies gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions CrystalReports Engine Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions ReportSource Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Shared Version Culture neutral microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 lt assemblies gt lt compilation gt Line Line lt -- CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES Source File C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS web config Line Assembly Load Trace The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly CrystalDecisions Web could not be loaded Pre-bind state information LOG DisplayName CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e Fully-specified LOG Appbase file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS LOG Initial PrivatePath bin Calling assembly Unknown LOG Publisher policy file is not found LOG No redirect found in host configuration file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet config LOG Using machine configuration file from C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v config machine config LOG Post-policy reference CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-server-2003-for-small-business-server-service-pack-1.498807/
Relevancy 60.63%

Just bought 2 new Intel S5000VSA server boards, After building both Pcs using the Intel disc that came with board and even the win 2003 setup disc directly I cant seem to install windows server 2003 without receiving a BSOD during setup. All Hardware is compliant with the board. Please Help

A:Cant install Windows Server 2003 on Intel s5000vsa server board

Strip the system down. One memory stick, no USB devices, on-board video and sound, no sound card and try the OS install again. Reset the bios to failsafe defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-windows-server-2003-on-intel-s5000vsa-server-board.113843/
Relevancy 60.63%

Currently we are on an NT network with a few 2000 servers tossed in. Today I learned that the plan is to migrate everything to Linux. Lets assume that this only applies to the servers and that the users will still operate with 98/nt/2000/xp. What are your thoughts on this?

I put this in this forum for a reason. Because I'd rather get the advice from 2000 and 2003 experts who know what Linux cannot replace than to hear the Linux fanboys and anti-Microsoft activists praise it to the high heavens.

What would your concerns be if this was done on your network? What problems have you encountered if you'd tried this? Or what successes? Know of any businesses that have done this successfully?

Relevancy 60.63%

I have a print server running standard sp I have been looking for a way to allow helpdesk staff install 2003 Windows SP2 on Standard server print to install & Server Unable remotely 7 driver and manage printers without logging into the server and Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server without adding them to the admin group So I added them to the power users group and the print operators group that worked fine they were able to UNC servername Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server to the server and install printers drivers as well as uninstall drivers printers ect Now the problem this works great from an XP box but when we try it from a windows machine we get access denied More specifically it acts like it is going to install the printer then when it comes to the driver installation part it fails Printer driver was not installed Access is denied No changes have been made to the permissions I can log into an XP machine with my profile and it works fine log out go to a Windows machine use the same credentials and I get the above message access is denied I am an admin of both machines on the windows machine I have UAC turned off completely Running XP Pro SP amp Windows pro both are bit machines I should also add that I have made the necessary group policy changes to allow printer operators to Load Unload device drivers and under the local policies security options I ensured that the Prevent users from installing printer drivers was Disabled Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server

How do you enter the credentials on the Windows 7 machine? I've noticed that you have to use "domain\username" rather than just the username in some cases.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403507/windows-7-2003-server-standard-sp2-unable-to-remotely-install-driver-on-print-server/
Relevancy 60.2%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716194/
Relevancy 60.2%

hi guys!
I just installed Windows 2000 Advance Server recently to a Compaq Proliant ML530 server and found out that the license for this server is more expensive than Windows Server 2003 Standard. The SmartStart CD of the compaq does not support windows server 2003 and I don't want to manually re-configure everything and start all over again. Does Win2K A.S. support Windows Server 2003 upgrade?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-upgrade-win2k-advance-server-to-windows-server-2003-std.390752/
Relevancy 60.2%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716193/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I am not able to connect to OPC server for non admin user in windows server 2003.

I get Runtime error '-536608665(e0040067)':
Failed to connect OPC server.
The system returned the following error message:
Access is denied

But i can connect non admin user to opc server in Windows xp

Is it possible for non admin user to connect OPC server in windows server 2003?

OPC server and client are on same system

Please give me your feedback

Thanks!
Santosh

A:Non Admin not able to connect OPC server in Windows Server 2003

From what I've read on this thread, you'll need to set computer-wide DCOM security permissions. You'll want to peruse that thread.

On another note, this isn't really the best spot for this question. An error message isn't a crash, hang or bsod, and the situation is more relevant to specifically the Windows Server section (even though OPC servers can and often do exist in many client versions of Windows). You'll be able to receive more help there, as it's pertinent to your needs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/non-admin-not-able-to-connect-opc-server-in-windows-server-2003-a-560614.html
Relevancy 59.77%

We had:

1) 1 Windows Server 2003 running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 workstations.

We now want to have:

1) 1 Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 same workstations, with their same user profiles.

So I joined the 2008 R2 server to the domain, and then used the dcpromo tool to make it a domain controller.

Problem is, whenever I take the old server offline, (the 2003 one) everything flips out, logons are slow, and the 2008 server gives people trying to access shared files weird errors like that the server that authenticated them cannot be contacted, and asks them to log in again with their username and password before accessing shared files on the server.

What did I do wrong? I must be forgetting something.

A:Replacing a Windows 2003 AD DS server with a 2008 R2 AD DS server

1. Transfer all FSMO roles to your 2008 R2 server
2. Uninstall AD on 2003 server
3. You can now permanently take 2003 server offline

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-a-windows-2003-ad-ds-server-with-a-2008-r2-ad-ds-server.189290/
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok so i need to set up windows 2003 server edition as a vpn server so someone can connect to it from home or from his work! Does anyone have any advice i have been trying but nothing seems to allow me to get connected!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-a-vpn-server-on-windows-2003-server-edition.130776/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am running Windows Server 2003 with Terminal Services enabled and was wondering if there are any compatibility problems with installing Word 2003. Microsofts website says Windows 2000 with SP3, Windows XP, or later as OS requirements but that is very general.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys,good day to everybody, I'm just wondering if its possible to use windows 7 Ultimate as a Server for thin client? I'll be using nc600 as my client terminal. The box says it supports windows 7. Is there any additional software I need to install on windows 7 server machine before I can use the client terminal? Or are there any guidelines on how this would work?. This is intended to be used for a school project which pertains to "latest innovations" its a group work ^_^. Thanks...

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x64 as Thin Client Server?

anybody? ....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386466/windows-7-ultimate-x64-as-thin-client-server/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys,

I created a VPN server using the Windows XP Pro network assistant. I would like to known, if anyone of you would know what registry key I need to edit to allow this VPN server to accept more than 1 simultanous connection.

If I create a VPN server using the network assistant in Windows Server 2003, by default it will allow multiple connections. But I do pocess a legal copy of Windows Server 2003, so I don't want to use it.

Since Windows Server 2003 use the same VPN server/client than Windows XP Pro, I presume this limitation is due to a registry entry. I would like to known which one it is so I could allow my Windows XP Pro to do the same.

Thanks in advance,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-allow-windows-xp-vpn-server-to-allow-multiple-client-connections.511469/
Relevancy 58.91%

The Microsoft Blog notes that they are tracking a Proof of Concept exploit. It targets the Client Server Run-Time Subsystem. The blog states that initial indications are that you need to be authenticated before you can take advantage of it. It affects Windows 2000 SP4, Windows Server 2003 SP1, Windows XP SP1, Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista.http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=1965...The vulnerability is caused due to a double-free error in the handling of HardError messages within WINSRV.DLL...http://secunia.com/advisories/23448/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75905/windows-client-server-run-time-vulnerability/
Relevancy 58.91%

Okay so far I've setup windows built-in VPN server (using this GUIDE), forwarded ports on my router to port 1723 to my computers local IP and enabled PPTP passthrough. Created 2 rules in windows firewall to allow both TCP 1723 and GRE 47. I've even turned windows firewall off to see if I could connect that way. Still nothing. My phone will say connecting for about a 50 seconds then disconnect. Contacted Motorola and they said that the router will forward GRE with PPTP passthrough enabled, thta its most likely a Windows issue. I'm using a Galaxy S4 and the router is a Motorola SBG6580. I'm totally lost. No errors or anything from android or Windows.

A:Windows 7 server to Android VPN client not connecting

Maybe the following link will help. Any questions let me know.

How to: Windows 7 incoming VPN from Android ? Damian's Blog

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/306452-windows-7-server-android-vpn-client-not-connecting.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have number of designation like (project manager, programmer , designer) and different salary of each employee . and how to Display record of employee having designation as project manager and having lowest salary?message edited by ravi2

A:How to display records in excel 2003.

With the VERY vague information you have provided all I can suggest is using filters.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-display-records-in-excel-2003/20599.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have an Access 2003 database of only moderate size and complexity. I would like to add a field (column) to each table showing when that record was updated. I would like this to be automatic; that is, when a record is saved, a current timestamp should be inserted into that field ONLY IF the record has been modified. Any ideas??
Thanks,

ThomasNorman

A:Timestamping records in Access 2003

How long do your processes take? You will probably want to "freeze" the timestamp so that everything that runs for a particular process has the same timestamp. For Example, I used to have to run this complicated payroll process that took about 3 hours. If the timestamp wasn't frozen, some tables would be updated at 2:00, others at 2:10, etc... With the timestamp frozen, all tables appeared to be updated at 2:00. - And in fact, there were other indicators within the tiemstamp (PYRL0200RTC). This gives every record that was updated the exact same timestamp. This way if we found out the client sent us a bad payroll file and we needed to delete the records, we could delete by our timestamp field. Just something to think about there.

Do you have the timestamp field created in the tables that you wish to update? If not you will probably want to create a loop that creates that field in all of your tables.

If you are starting from "scratch" (that is no tables have the timestamped updated) and you want to pro-actively update them, you can create a loop for that as well. Otherwise if you are looking to update the new timestamp fields as they occur within the regular flow of your applicatoin, then you may want to create a sub that updates the timestamp and then everytime records get updated, call the sub.

HTH
Thanks,
Roger

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/timestamping-records-in-access-2003.666266/
Relevancy 58.91%

First of all, Im a total beginner and have only been using access for about a month - therefore, ive never run a query (so shouldn't have lots of tables, only the one im working on!)

My problem is that, after adding about 600 people's data to access, it has very randomly messed up about 5 records. Peoples names have turned into funny symbols etc. The database will not let me change their details; every time I re-open it they have gone back to funny symbols. Also, they cannot be deleted. Ive tried using 'delete' on the keyborad, the delete record function in access, deleting them from the spreadsheet view and so on, but it keeps coming up with the same message... "the search key was not found in any record", whenever I press delete. The database will also not let me run a query until these data are gone!

Help, Im totally stuck!!

A:Trying to delet records from access 2003...

claire, have you tried Compacting & Repairing the Database?
To do this open Access, (not the database) and go to Main Menu>Tools>Compact & Repair database
Browse to your database and double click it (or single click and click OK) and then when it asks for a name to Save it as, I would click on your current database and add something on the end to denote a newer version. I increment a version i.e.
databasename v 0.0.mdb increments to databasename v 0.1.mdb.

Is there only the one table or do you have other Tables with Relationships set up to the "Problem" table. If you do you might have to delete those relationships before you can delete the records.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-delet-records-from-access-2003.760851/
Relevancy 58.48%

We have a Windows 7 Pro laptop that can't see any of the 300 or so Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Machines.

It can, however, see all (around 13) Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 Machines that are on the network. Using \\ServerName\Share doesn't connect, and they don't show up on the network map.

It can ping the servers though. They ping by hostname and by ip address. Other Windows 7 Pro Laptops don't have this same problem!

Additional Info:
They are all joined to the domain; servers, laptaps, etc.

A:Windows 7 Computer can't see Server 2003 Server

My problem is when i join in 2003 domain server i get the msag

"An attempat to resolve the DNS name of a domain controller in the domain being joined has failed.
Please verf=ify this client is configured to reach a DNS server that can resolve DNS names name in
the target domain. for information about network troubleshooting, see windows help "

tell me what i have to do! 10Q

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/146074-windows-7-computer-cant-see-server-2003-server.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone I've looked around at other threads related Windows Error SP2 with Client Windows WSUS 80080005 7 Update server 3.0 to my issue and I can't seem to find a correct answer I have a computer lab that I've recently installed a Windows Enterprise image onto Dell Optiplex computers most are 's a few older 's I created the image using MDT and used one of the 's as a reference All has been well for about a month or two but recently computers are giving me Windows Update errors with the error code of I have a WSUS SP server running and all of my other computers seem to be getting their updates just fine nbsp WSUS has the problematic computers in it's database but it Windows Update Error 80080005 Windows 7 Client with WSUS 3.0 SP2 server shows that they haven't checked in for quot x quot days I have Avast Professional installed I Windows Update Error 80080005 Windows 7 Client with WSUS 3.0 SP2 server have OpenDNS configured to block bad websites etc and I also use an Untangle server to prevent access to bad websites nbsp I've ran a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware scan on the affected computers as well as Windows Defender scan and Windows Live OneCare scans and all have found no malicious software I have also tried resetting the Windows update service as described here nbsp http support microsoft com kb nbsp as well as a script that supposedly does the same thing but also resets all previous update events but I can't find the script source right now I had ran it last week and it didn't work I'm currently running a SFC Scannow on one of the computers and now it has finished nbsp It gives the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service nbsp I'll have to google that next The last windows update that ran on the computer that I'm working on now was installed on - - and was a Windows Defender Update KB Def Previous to that was updates KB and KB I guess I'll have to look at all of the other machines to see if they have the same updates installed Anyway has anyone else had this problem nbsp I've seen vista home editions and RC's but no real Windows Pro RTM versions in business environments where updates were controlled by WSUS Thanks for any help that you can provide By the way I only work at this location once a week tuesdays well thursdays too but I'm next door to this building but I have remote access so bare with me on trying to fix things

A:Windows Update Error 80080005 Windows 7 Client with WSUS 3.0 SP2 server

Alright, I re-attempted to run the "SFC /scannow" command under a Administrator Command Prompt window, and got this error:
"SFC /scannow error message: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"
I searched around a bit, and found a suggestion to check that the TrustedInstaller/Windows Module Installer is running.
When trying to start the Windows Module Installer, I get this error: 

Windows Modules Installer - Error 1450 Insufficient System Resources
What a fun problem this is turning out to be.  I'd like
to just re-image these computers, but I fear that it'll just happen again and I'm wondering why it's only a handful of computers that are affected, yet I have over 65 machines that were all installed from the same exact image.

I'll keep poking along trying to find something that fixes this darn issue.  If anybody comes up with any ideas, I'll gladly try them.  Thanks!

Just found this: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/42e2a200-defe-4c6b-a1b3-606836dcfabb
and I'm trying the suggestion to set the registry limit size to "no limit" (setting hex value of 0xfffffff) to see if it works.  If it gets the sfc to run, it might fix my windows update issue as well.
I have ArcGIS installed on 25 of the lab machines, and according to the link that I posted above, others have experienced problems after installing the ArcGIS software.  Hopefully I'm getting somewhere!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8d4ebdf4-9f69-4505-a7e2-0f2e1c6debb8/windows-update-error-80080005-windows-7-client-with-wsus-30-sp2-server?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, Can any1 help me i have did upgrade Windows 2000 Ent. Server (SP4) to Windows 2003 Ent. Server, but after rebooting the machine all of sudden BLUE screen appears with mentioning below error though OS working in safe mode. Please help me out to resolve the issue ASAP.
Driver_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Then at the end it says
Beginning dump of physical memory

HYDIS.sys address 7505AF5 base at F74E9000
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0xf3bbf000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF7505AF5)

Physical memory dumb.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group
BR,

Sharjeel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-upgrade-windows-2000-ent-server-to-windows-2003-ent-server.625977/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have to make a security tunnel between Linux(server) and Windows(client).

IS IS POSSIBLE TO CONNECT WINDOWS with LINUX USING ONLY IPsec ?

Tunnel will be using to remote administration Linux server.

Is any Windows Client IPsec for Windows ?
I don't want use pptp(unsecure) and l2tp(SLES 10 SP2 hasn't l2tp demon support), only ipsec

Have you any solution ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-connect-linux-server-and-windows-client-using-only-ipsec-352242.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I installed the 64bit version of the Windows Home Server v1 client on my Win8 PC last night and it installed just fine. The PC was backed up and the WHS console correctly shows the PC as "Win 8 Enterprise". I'll test the recovery functions this weekend and report back here. So far, so good!

A:Windows Home Server v1 client installed just fine...

It works! The attached screenshot shows the Win8 client added and backed up. I restored a file yesterday and everything worked perfectly!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/9495-windows-home-server-v1-client-installed-just-fine.html
Relevancy 57.62%

The Client Connect to Windows server Essentials not working for PC on a network It didn't work a year ago when I set up the domain and the other PC's connected but the HDD died Windows to working server Essentials 2012 Client Connect not so I did a fresh install in Window Pro SP and put in all the updates and tried to connect agian The error is that it can't find the server I've tried everything else I've seen on the forums IP v only DNS is only set to the Windows Domain server below is the log for the connect attempt does anyone have any ideas nbsp edc wmain Start of Computerconnector nbsp edc wmain Calling Computerconnector ShowWizard nbsp edc CComputerconnector ShowWizard Initializing common controls nbsp edc CComputerconnector ShowWizard Done initializing common controls Client Connect to Windows server 2012 Essentials not working nbsp edc Displaying the wizard nbsp edc CComputerconnector AnotherInstallationErrorDlgProc IDD ANOTHER INSTALLATION ERR Page Initialization CComputerconnector Run Installation is ready to run GlobalData Client Connect to Windows server 2012 Essentials not working Initialize C Users BPOWELL JMS Downloads ComputerConnector exe ExpandEnvironmentStrings return C Windows Temp Client Deployment Files CComputerconnector Run Running Task Id Description Downloads the Setup cab file NetworkUtil DownloadFile https Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab NetworkUtil DownloadFile - Create directory C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp if not exist NetworkUtil WinInetDownloadFile https Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab nbsp edc CComputerconnector AnotherInstallationErrorDlgProc DIALOG UPDATE PreCheckPass nbsp edc CComputerconnector ConnecttingDlgProc IDD CONNECTING Page Initialization InternetOpenUrl https Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId returns WinInetDownloadFile returns x f DownloadFile failed using https Try http NetworkUtil DownloadFile http Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab NetworkUtil DownloadFile - Create directory C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp if not exist NetworkUtil WinInetDownloadFile http Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab Download from url http Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId failed with HTTP error WinInetDownloadFile returns x ffff NetworkUtil DownloadFile http Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab failed with hr x ffff CComputerconnector Run Task Id Failed nbsp edc CComputerconnector ConnecttingDlgProc DIALOG UPDATE ServerNotFound nbsp edc CComputerconnector ServerDlgProc IDD SERVER Page Initialization e GlobalData Initialize server jms C Users BPOWELL JMS Downloads ComputerConnector exe e ExpandEnvironmentStrings return C Windows Temp Client Deployment Files e CComputerconnector Run Running Task Id Description Downloads the Setup cab file e NetworkUtil DownloadFile https server jms Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab e NetworkUtil DownloadFile - Create directory C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp if not exist e NetworkUtil WinInetDownloadFile https server jms Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab e InternetOpenUrl https server jms Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId returns e WinInetDownloadFile returns x ee e DownloadFile failed using https Try http e NetworkUtil DownloadFile http server jms Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab e NetworkUtil DownloadFile - Create directory C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp if not exist e NetworkUtil WinInetDownloa... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f45a7d4-b1e6-49f6-a844-62399aafadd7/client-connect-to-windows-server-2012-essentials-not-working?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 57.62%

I have been given a PC with Windows Home of 2011 client software Removal Windows Server Home Premium bit This was a client PC from a small old Windows Home Server system which has now been dismantled as the server PC failed My unit works fine but I cannot remove the irritating Server client items from it - Launchpad and Alert Services etc etc Have looked everywhere on the disk but cannot find any uninstall file anywhere All the relevant files seem to be in the Program Files Windows Server Bin folder but nothing found there No separate uninstalling prog will work either Have considered starting up the PC in Safe Mode physically removing the Windows Server folder and contents then running a registry cleaner to tidy up the loose ends Am concerned that this might make the PC unstable so ask if anyone has any useful suggestions For now I have worked through the Start Up process and inhibited the ones considered relevant Also CCleaner has stopped the Launchpad This has worked but would like to permanently remove Removal of Windows Home Server 2011 client software the unwanted items Ted

A:Removal of Windows Home Server 2011 client software

No one has supplied any suggestions as to my programme removal so decided to risk it and do it myself as described.
Backed up whole HD plus registry, restarted in basic Safe Mode then physically removed all traces of WHS 2011 in file system.
Emptied Recycle Bin then restarted as normal.
No disasters occurred so used CCleaner and Advanced Uninstaller PRO. They mopped up the loose ends and everything seems to be fine now. Job done!
I suppose the same process could be used for most difficult to remove items.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/363671-removal-windows-home-server-2011-client-software.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I've got about 40 Senor Point of Sale tablets running Windows 7. They work just fine, but are failing to take Windows Update for Service Pack 1 (KB97632). The POS software is soon going to need this update in order for it to continue working.

I've deleted the Windows Update cache (SoftwareDistribution >> SoftwareDistribution.old) and nothing changed.

I've downloaded the update .exe and after it ran, nothing changed.

Check for Windows Updates only shows the SP1 update when I click to search online for updates, for what it's worth.

After the update has failed, I get error code 800736b3.

Apparently the billion and two solutions other people have aren't solutions for me.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/77f465e1-e789-460f-ac78-0d90721a21d1/client-devices-failing-to-install-sp1-on-windows-7server-2012?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm using Excel 2003. I have a table of data with the following column headings name, city, phone, areas of specialism.
The areas of specialism column may contain a number of items e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint. i.e. a person can be a specialist in 1 or more applications.

Can I produce a formula (as opposed to filtering and using 'contains') that will look at may table and extract/return all records that contain for example Excel in the Areas of Specialism column?

Thanks in advance.

Kenneth.

Relevancy 57.62%

I'm pretty good with databases, but this one has me stumped as I can't find a solution anywhere, nor do I really know what the deal is - but I'm sure it'll be something so simple that I overlooked that I'll feel retarded.

I have an access database that has a table with the following structure:

company, address, state, zip, state, phone (all with data populated)

I then created another table named "new" and added a field called phone.

I put in XXX amount of phone numbers into the new table named "new".

I basically want to compare the records from Table 1 Phone to the Phone in "new" table, and remove them from the original table.

Everytime i do that, I get a "Recordset not updateable" error, I've tried all sorts of queries, etc. - no avail.

/squirm - help!

Relevancy 57.62%

HI folks...

I have an issue where Word 2003 Mail Merge is skipping records once the document is merged and printed. The Merge document is a simple "voucher" (4 to a landscape page) with the user name and section being pulled from similarly headed columns in the data source document. Im using a simple (4 column) Excel data source with about 250 records.

When i merge and preview all records, every 5th record is skipped. When i got into the data source and view/edir records, i can see the skipped records and they are selected etc etc...even if i change the sort order in the data document, its still every 5th record that is skipped.

Ive tried using both an excel data source doc and recreated it ihn Word 2003, but i stillg et the same bad result.

Any ideas, or is this as clear as mud to you?

thanks

A:Word 2003 Mail Merge - skipping records

It looks like you have a <next record> field at the end of the printing page, so the next record is skipped.

So it prints 4, then sees the <next record> and skips that one then gets the next 4 etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-mail-merge-skipping-records.278392/
Relevancy 57.19%

How can I change Outlook so that all my deleted files are deleted rather than being sent into the "Deleted" folder?

There must be a way?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/227173-outlook-2003-deleted-files-go-deleted-folder-remove.html
Relevancy 57.19%

There is a process running on my computer called csrss.exe

I went to http://www.processlibrary.com and looked it up and came up with 2 different things. One says it is a Trojan and needs to be removed. The same exact process name also says it is Microsoft client server runtime server and SHOULD NOT be removed.

How I am supposed to tell the difference so I do not make a mistake by either leaving it alone or removing it???

A:Process: csrss.exe (trojan or Microsoft Client Server Runtime Server?)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/561994 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561994/process-csrssexe-trojan-or-microsoft-client-server-runtime-server/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am running a large survey for which I set up a Word 2003 file in order to match survey responses to the questions. The survey responses download in Excel 2003 format. I can locate the data source each time, but the records refuse to match up. There are nearly 200 entries in the survey -- some of the response fields are blank, but they still exist -- so going through and attaching each record becomes very confusing. I use the mail merge function and select a new data source, but just before the merge runs I get a window that says, "Invalid Merge Field, This merge field is used in the main document, but it does not exist in the data source." This is not true, of course, but from this point on, I have to connect every single merge field again. I can't figure out what is happening or how to fix this issue. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-2003-excel-merge-problems-wont-find-records.1001024/
Relevancy 56.76%

Can anyone help please? I keep thinking that this should be simple and am I just missing something From the example attached, each group of records with the same shelfmark needs to have at least one record with an Ord Status of SV.
How do I find a group or groups with the same shelfmark (5678.000000 in this case) that doesn’t have at least one SV Ord Status against any of its records?

Relevancy 56.76%

I wrote an append query to add new data from one table to another table, but when I ran the query, it had duplicated each record ten times.

The table I am appending to is the main table. It has five more fields than the append from table. It has an auto number which is also the primary key. I did not include the auto number field in the append query, as advised by the help file. The tables have no relationship.

Not only did it post 430 lines instead of 43, the autonumber started at #397 instead of row #10 which was the next row. No rows have been deleted from the table as I just created it, so it's not that. This error may correct itself if I can correct the other error, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Can anyone give any pointers to where I am going wrong?

Many thanks!

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

I've searched on the forums and google but I've been unable to pin down a solution that would help with this issue.

I have a form (see attachment), bound to a table (called tbl_samp). There are 4 fields in the table: X (Yes/No field), Plan, Year, and Type.

In the example, I have the first 4 records highlighted, and I would like a way to have the X checkbox checked for those 4 records (using either VBA or keyboard shortcut if it exists). So for example, perhaps a subroutine where I:
1) Select the desired rows (like in the attached image)
2) Press "Spacebar" (or command button or something) that takes the selected records, and marks "Yes" for each record.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

Whilst removing a virus I have somehow managed to delete office 2003 with my outlook with all of my work emails on !!!

I have tried a system restore but it wont let me do it and comes up with %systemroot%\registration then ComPlusStaging

I could just reinstall office but I dont have all of my emails backed up on a pst file

Thanks

Steve

A:Need to recover deleted office 2003, deleted in error

Hello Steve, welcome to Seven Forums.

I would try reinstalling, just in case you did not actually remove the pst file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/265812-need-recover-deleted-office-2003-deleted-error.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi server Windows 2000 98 client Windows using My friend and i at Univsersity have to create a Windows server and then make a computer using Windows able to connect to it and access files in shared folders This is all done using software called VMWare this prevents us using real computers do to the work in the probably event we would break them The problem is we get stuck near the end of the documentation we are given When the user on the machine tries to log in it just says invalid or unknown domain or it might even be password im not sure at the minute more likely to be domain as we set up the user accounts ourselfs The teacher asked us to try the ping command to try to connect to each other My friend on the machine could ping himself and my machine i could pinghost my machine but when i tried to ping the machine it said request timed out This seemed odd as he could ping my machine Windows 98 client using Windows server 2000 but i could not ping his the only thing i can think of about that is outbound connections have been blocked but we have been told security is disabled as default on Win servers Sorry about the large text file it wont let me add RTF files on here i Windows 98 client using Windows server 2000 tried to bold the part we are stuck on but it just changed the whole text of everything We are stuck on from Configure a Windows Client its near the bottom of the file Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-98-client-using-windows-server-2000.552471/
Relevancy 56.33%

Server has been great and online for about 7 months without issue.  Three times over the last two weeks, all clients' mapped drives just drop and Windows Explorer hangs...  I am not able to disconnect drives via command prompt, nor remap drives
via command prompt.  However, I can ping the server and remote desktop to the server perfectly.  No errors in logs on workstations or server.  Affects all workstations (60+ running Windows 7 Pro) simultaneously.  Client mappings to
other servers (Windows 2008 R2) running on the same switch are unaffected.  Reboot the 2012 server and you can reconnect to mapped drives by clicking on them in Windows Explorer.  Any ideas?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b2609857-0a6a-42cc-a462-56a8b96479ba/windows-storage-server-2012-randomly-drops-mapped-drives-on-all-client-pcs?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I m not sure if this is an operating system question or more of a software development question Anyway I have a legacy COM service a COM server 2003 Server execution Windows - connecting when on service DCOM "Server failed" that runs as a windows service that was written for Windows NT I have managed to use the service on both Windows and Windows XP unchanged However I now wish to run the service on a Windows Server machine and I can t seem to DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting get it to work This is what happens - Install the service and set it to log on using a domain account Start the service from the services msc applet Start the client application and connect to the service At this stagte the client applicaiton freezes for approximately seconds and DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting then returns with the error message quot Server execution failed quot I ve also tried using the client whilst the service is stopped In this case when I connect the service is started but I get the same error The development team also provided a standalone application that hosts the exact same COM objects mainly for debugging purposes If I use the standalone application everything works fine Its all very strange Does anyone have any idea what the cause might be And preferably a solution Thanks Kep nbsp

A:DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting

I found the answer.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...-DC48AB0DA5C9&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

The above discussion says that a service must enter a running state before a COM server calls CoRergisterClassObject. So I guess its a development problem.

Not sure why it only manifests on Windows Server 2003 though.

Kep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dcom-service-on-windows-server-2003-server-execution-failed-when-connecting.695005/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am trying to setup my own VPN I have installed Server on my server machine The server server Windows as VPN Server 2003 machine is connected to my Netgear router which connects to the internet I have setup the VPN service and can connect localy using an advanced connection setup in windows XP on my client machine Also on my network is a fileserver running windows vista soon xp or server the server has over gb of storage mostly full t hat i want to share over my VPN This is also onnected to the Windows Server 2003 as VPN server netgear router My problem is with sharing these files How do i set the drives on my file server as standard shares for all VPN connected users I can access them local over the lan but not sure how to share for users dialing into the VPN any step by step tutorials links would be welcomed or if anyone can help me it would be brilliant or if somone can get on msn with me and walk me through what im doing wrong that would be awsome too Thanks alot nbsp

A:Windows Server 2003 as VPN server

Information for how to configure a Windows2003 VPN server can be found at:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/w3k_vpn_server.htm

You don't need to make any changes or additions to shares in regards to VPN client's being able to access previous shares on the server. Whatever you have assigned for the LAN access can work for VPN.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-as-vpn-server.603026/
Relevancy 56.33%

A friend is moving his business and the new business park that he's setting up shop in internet. network LAN server/client server only, for for USB hotspot does not have anyway to get any wired internet to his building excluding a T line which he can't justify the cost of One windows machine acts as the server primarily for Quickbooks database and there are two other windows machines that are clients reading off said database He's getting one of those usb dongles for wireless internet service for the server only the other two computers will be tethered to a smartphone for internet for QB and windows updates periodically They do NOT want to share the servers wireless connection to the other machines My only concern was if the server LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. will continue to try to check the LAN for internet connectivity or will it check both network connections when one fails or is there a setting I can tell them to change to ensure it knows to go to the wireless dongle for internet all the time without interfering with the workstations talking to the server over the LAN to get to the database The setup at the old office LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. was business class DSL they are using a relatively new Linksys router which had the DSL authentication information Thank you

A:LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet.

I managed to find a solution this morning, for anyone that's interested, the whole article is here: Multiple Network Connections at the Same Time on Windows | Ivan Zlatev

But the short answer is, under the advanced properties of TCP/IP v4, uncheck automatic metric, set your internet to a value of 1, and the LAN to a value of 9999.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263541-lan-network-server-client-only-usb-hotspot-server-internet.html
Relevancy 56.33%

was trying to network my computer to the server but keep getting the message 'server not responding from client computer' can anyone help please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/client-computer-cannot-find-server-server-not-responding.727181/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I'm working on a client/server with the Java programming language and trying to figure out how to protect my server. With my current Virus/Firewall protection suite theres nothing I can do to keep out unwanted Java applications on the port I choose to allow the Java SE Binary through for clients accessing the server application. ESET Smart Security 4 is what I am using. Does anybody know of a security suite that would allow only a specific Java application to get through the firewall? I'm not to sure on this subject because my firewall is identifying any Java application as only the "Java SE Binary" and not I'm sure if you can even really name your Java application like you would something you would write in C++. Any information would be appreciated, thank you.

Relevancy 56.33%

I'm looking at setting up windows 2003 terminal servers all over the place to replace the awful thing people are currently doing here - vncing servers with one small shared password among everyone <holding my hands over my ears for the backlash>. Don't blame me, it's another awful legacy I have to get rid of...

1. I've got to set up a Terminal Server Licensing server and was thinking about putting this on my second domain controller. I was wondering what would happen in this server dies, though. Is there some way of having resilience in this scenario? Perhaps a second Licensing server or something, the way you have 2 or more Domain Controllers?

2. Also, I know that Windows XP has an RDP client, I've used before on many occasions, but what about all the Windows 2000 clients that I still have out there. What should I do for them to access the new Terminal Servers?

A:Terminal Server license server(s)? RDP client for Windows2K?

I'm not 100% sure on #1, but I believe that the TS licensing becomes integrated into the AD, so if one DC goes down, the other one will be able to check licensing. On another note, if you are using the TS for administration only, I don't believe you needs the TS Licensing to be installed.

For #2, you can download the latest version of the RDP client from MS's website. It should also be available through Windows Updates, although I think Win2K isn't supported any longer, other than Critical Updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-license-server-s-rdp-client-for-windows2k.528443/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a database I ve created for our Geology folks to edit the list of publications they have Short background this data was originally located in an Access database an excel spreadsheet and an old paradox text file It wasn t normalized nor was it clean nor was anything entered with anything like a standard format I was tasked with merging the three sets of data into one and presenting the users with a new database they could use to edit and clean up the existing data newly added 2003/2007 records Access can't with SQL edit Backend, and add new records to it I smooshed the data together and had originally created an Access front end on an Access back end Access 2003/2007 with SQL Backend, can't edit newly added records in Access I usually use though my users are on This was working fine but I didn t have them doing much editing as we were waiting for scanned images to Access 2003/2007 with SQL Backend, can't edit newly added records come back from a contractor When we got the images back they Access 2003/2007 with SQL Backend, can't edit newly added records wanted to start editing in earnest and I needed to move the data to our SQL server for the backend I linked to all the tables and created queries in Access that pulled from the linked tables and the queries populated the forms Editing works fine on existing records but when the I try to enter a new record the initial entry goes fine but once I ve saved it then try to edit it again it says quot this record has been changed by another user since you started editing it quot and only allows you to drop the changes or copy to clipboard The thing is that s not what is really happening I did a little poking around that suggested maybe the problem had to do with the intermediary queries in Access I tried creating views on the SQL back end then linking to them then having the forms use those to populate I tried just having the form go directly against the actual table without anything in the middle None of that works I can t edit any new records at all I can edit any of the records that were there at the time I moved to the SQL back end The nature of the error is making it difficult for me to pinpoint what s actually the problem here Does anyone have any avenues of inquiry I could try nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

My website runs off of an Access Database days ago I attempted to add new records to the DB doubling its size to about mb I haven t touched the queries or anything The problem now is that when someone accesses the site it creates a ldb file and on timeouts, DB Access connection New Website. - records growing. 2003 MS added .ldb this ldb file gets bigger in size with each hit on the site The MS Access 2003 DB on Website. New records added - connection timeouts, .ldb growing. site gets progressively slower as the ldb file gets larger After only a few hits the site becomes completely unbrowsable as the database fails to respond The ldb file is locked and I have to restart the server to be able to access the database again I removed the new records and reuploaded the database The site went back to working as usual I can catch a glimpse of the ldb file once in a while but it doesn t build up and shut down the site like it does when the new db I tried adding just one new record and the database still worked properly Why is that ldb file sticking around for so long with the new db What can I do to add the new items without completly crippling the site The server is Windows and the site is coded in ASP Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:MS Access 2003 DB on Website. New records added - connection timeouts, .ldb growing.

Are you importing the new records into the database?

I have found that importing records, expecially large amounts increases the size of my database, and that means the ldb will grow.

After your Import, do a Compact and Repair. I've seen my db go from 8+ MB back to just over 4MB after this.

I think that may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-2003-db-on-website-new-records-added-connection-timeouts-ldb-growing.212735/
Relevancy 56.33%

Semi beginner in Access My problem is I think a little complicated so here goes On a specific week our department will get a list mail renewal packets with different expiration months So I have to find a way to create a form which I have done with a week ending date that will allow the user to enter multiple expiration month dates I figured how to do one at a time and get the form to update but can t figure out how to update all of them at the same time The problem I think has to do with the control source but not sure so here s a sample of the info For week ending August September October November December Opening Balance Received in Unit Deferred Deferred Closed Deferred Pilot Deferrals Return Processed Closing Balance Mail Room Count So I set up a multiple 2003 simutaneously Updating from table form records to a - Access form similar to the look above but can t figure Access 2003 - Updating multiple records from a form to table simutaneously out how to update it to a single table that has all the left handed information on it Please help Thanks a million You know bosses they want it particular way nbsp

A:Access 2003 - Updating multiple records from a form to table simutaneously

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2003-updating-multiple-records-from-a-form-to-table-simutaneously.755423/
Relevancy 56.33%

If I wish to append the current record on a form there seems to be only two ways. One is in the append query for the table to leave all criteria blank in which case all records are appended not just the current record. The second is to enter a parameter value in the append query for the table which just deletes one specific record.
For each record on a form I can have a number of different records and I want to be able to append those.
Would appreciate some help here. Thanks
Richard

A:Solved: Append all data from records returned on form Access 2003/7

See my response to your other Thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-append-all-data-from-records-returned-on-form-access-2003-7.868460/
Relevancy 55.9%

Well we're finally upgrading our server from Windows NT to Windows 2003. Is there any way to import/export all of my data onto the new server? Or should I just share everything I have on NT and then just copy/cut all the information and paste it onto 2003? I'm just trying to figure out what will be the easiest way to move everything since I have about 700 users on NT lol. I really don't want to type all the names in again on 2003....Thanks in advance! :approve:

A:Moving from Windows Server NT to Windows Server 2003

Are you getting a new server with 2003 on it or just upgrading the existing box to 2003?

If it's upgrading the existing server, start here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/upgrading/nt4/tooldocs/default.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-from-windows-server-nt-to-windows-server-2003.45661/
Relevancy 55.9%

Why did my deployment of Windows 2012 fails with the error message, "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot
proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." OR I have components that didn't install drivers that are in my driver package?
example error in setuperr.log (from %windir%\Panther) shows the following failure information:

Error  CBS Startup: Failed to process advanced operation queue, startupPhase: 0.  Primitives are still pending. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]

Do I need to update latest KMDF http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2685811 if mean please share for windows server 2012

Pandiyan Muthuraman

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1cb321a7-2f85-4f8e-9651-a51cd9d5a0c0/client-operating-system-deployment-known-issues-and-workarounds-windows-server-2012-r2?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I have been struggling for a few days to build a functioning query I actually managed to make it long 2003: query around too 2 Access with records ml Make-table taking Solved: work for a smaller set of Solved: Access 2003: Make-table query with around 2 ml records taking too long data but I m using the following function RankOfDup SELECT Count FROM Table WHERE field table field And field gt table field which I believe slows my query if I do select query it runs for around minutes but if I try to make table it never executes The reason I need make query is that after this I need to create Crosstab query that basically turns the ranks from rows into columns I tried to create the crosstab using the select query with the RankOfDub but it gives an error that the the database doesn t recognise a field Any ideas how I can make this work for large set of data ie rank the rows and turn them into crosstab If anything is unclear please ask questions and I will explain Thank you very much I hope someone can help nbsp

A:Solved: Access 2003: Make-table query with around 2 ml records taking too long

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2003-make-table-query-with-around-2-ml-records-taking-too-long.1071359/
Relevancy 55.04%

small network with 8 W7 PC's and mac mini as SMB file server.

the shared volumes has privileges setup as i need to and works fine.
however i don't know how to get around accidental deletes. couple times it happened users deleted a file and i can only recover YESTERDAY backup as the file is just gone.

Can that be modified so the deleted file goes either to the trash on the W7 client or trash on the server ?

How to do so ?

Relevancy 54.61%

I thought I at least vaguely knew what server meant but am now really confused after reading about KB2909921. As far as I know, I'm not a server. To me, a server is the person that brings my meal in a restaurant.

A:Windows Client or Windows Server?

Maybe:

Attachment 308058

Attachment 308059

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/323347-windows-client-windows-server.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a laptop connection connected to ADSL 2+ via ethernet modem (non router) using Win XP.
I have a second laptop running Windows 7.

Both laptops have wi-fi.

How do I connect it so that I can use the internet connection via wi-fi on the Windows 7 laptop?

A:Windows XP Server - Windows 7 Client

its not possible i dont think if you have no device capable of OUTPUTTING a wireless signal.. therefore nothing for the laptop internal wifi to connect to (make sense?) therfore purchasing a adsl router would simply solve the problem.... link below
D-Link Systems D-Link DSL-2640R Wireless G ADSL2+ 4-Port Modem Router Wireless router - 4-port switch (integrated) - EN, Fast EN, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

this product would set you up for basic networking and more than likely be adequate for general browsing. have a look around they can sometime be found cheaper... remeber to search for an adsl2+ router..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/163064-windows-xp-server-windows-7-client.html
Relevancy 54.61%

i am having some problems with users on windows server 2003. for some reason, even though they have full permissions, they can not print. if you log in under administrator, you can print with it, but the other users can not print. i am not real familiar with this operating system, so any help would be nice. thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.516877/
Relevancy 54.61%

How do I setup a user so that he is a local administrator on his PC, but just a regular user on the server?

Such as, he can install software and do things that a regular user can't do, but only on his local machine. And say he couldn't walk up to the server and log in with his account and do anything to it.

Thanks

-David

Relevancy 54.61%

How do I connect via RDC to a windows 2003 server machine. I have tried everything and cannot connect to the machine. Terminal services is running and the RDC service is running. Help!!!

Relevancy 54.61%

I've been looking into setting up a server but I haven't been able to find the definition of CAL (Client Access License I believe) Yes this may make me sound like an idiot but thats ok I need to know this, exactly what this means and the restrictions or access it gives.

A:Windows Server 2003 CAL?

Never mind I found it on the dell website....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-cal.657394/
Relevancy 54.61%

Can i run my xp programs on Windows Server 2003?

A:Windows Server 2003

Short answer - Yes you can

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.786194/
Relevancy 54.61%

hi!every one,

i have the system Intel Pentium 4 ,2.4 Ghz and i hve two hard disks .one is WinXP installed on it and other one is WIndows 2003 server.The system is OK when i start with WinXP ,but when i start with Windows 2003 server the computer autmatically restarts itself with showing error in message window "One or more system drivers couldnot load properl" and after couple of seconds the system automatically restarts.

Please any one tell me how to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

Amarnath

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server.567475/
Relevancy 54.61%

Interesting problem and hope that someone can help Am running a small lt user network using Win k server with a domain All clients are XP Pro and using sharing can access requisite folders and files with no problem and can block domain users via sharing from accessing secure folders I have Vista Home Premium laptop that can access Windows server 2003 to VHP the domain shares with no problem VHP to Windows 2003 server except for the fact that there is one folder with xls VHP to Windows 2003 server files that the Vista user can see and can write VHP to Windows 2003 server a file to that folder as they have Full access to that folder However they can access one of the xls files just fine and can change it and so forth The other two xls files they receive quot Access denied quot All xls files are of the same type and created with no difference as they are of different locations within the organization Same xls file just different data The Vista user logs onto his laptop using the same username and password as his domain account Interesting sidelight as when he logs onto an XP Pro workstation using his credentials log onto the domain he receives the same error for the xls files I have deleted and recreated his domain account and also recreated the share and security permissions on the folder in question No one else has any issues with this Does anyone have any thoughts as to the cause The folder in question is a child folder of a parent folder that gives everyone Full access but does not inherit permissions TIA Saavik

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/170386-vhp-windows-2003-server.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I'm deciding about buying a dedicated server for webhosting.
One quick question, when is better to use windows server 2003 and when is better to use Linux?
In particular, I was told that in windows server 2003 I can use ASP and PHP without problems, but not in Linux.... is it true?
Can I have a technical explanation for this?

thanks

A:server windows 2003 ?

ASP is a Microsoft website language, and so I'd assume you need Microsoft's IIS webserver to use it (or that IIS would provide the best support for it). PHP should work on a Linux server without any trouble.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-windows-2003.371470/
Relevancy 54.61%

We have 2 licensed w2k3 servers here with no disks. I would like to install IIS (Internet Information Services) on one server for net printing but the wizard asks for disks which are not to be found. Any suggestions?
cheers

cheeb said:

We have 2 licensed w2k3 servers here with no disks. I would like to install IIS (Internet Information Services) on one server for net printing but the wizard asks for disks which are not to be found. Any suggestions?
cheersClick to expand...

First of all, you should really keep your software in a safe place. You're playing with fire. Secondly, is there an I36 folder anywhere on the machine??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.636284/
Relevancy 54.61%

I need some help configuring Windows Server 2003. I wanted to know if anyone could like help me 1-on-1 like on AIM or something. I want to have a basic configuration like setup everything the right way (the best way).

I want to also setup the server were my family members like my grandparents and friends can log on to the server with diffrent user names and passwords and access files such as pictures and files and programs.

Can anyone please help me out I have been trying for a very long time to get this working. If I can do all this with Windows XP Professional then could you please tell me how. Thanks.

Relevancy 54.61%

Id like to run a program called stinger through a windows 2003 server and have it automatically scan each clients computer for virus's... Is this possible if so how can I do it??

Relevancy 54.61%

EDIT Moved to appropriate forum boopmeInherited a Win server that is just a mess and had several security issues before I got here We are locking things down now to prevent future intrusions but in the meantime are having Server 2003 Windows a heck of a time with cleanup I ve run HJT and it s pasted below Suggestions help all welcome CODELogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Windows Server 2003 at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Windows Server 2003 Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exeC Program Files HP Cissesrv cissesrv exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS system cpqrcmc exeC WINDOWS system Dfssvc exeC WINDOWS System dns exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system hpqste exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC WINDOWS System ismserv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn msftesql exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL OLAP bin msmdsrv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent ntrtscan exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS system sysdown exeC hp hpsmh bin smhstart exeC WINDOWS system sysmgt exeC Program Files RealVNC VNC winvnc exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent tmlisten exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent TmPfw exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent CNTAoSMgr exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system rdpclip exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system cpqteam exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent pccntmon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC XTCP XTCPService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system vsjitdebugger exeC WINDOWS system cpqteam exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent pccntmon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System logon scrC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system services exeC SDC PBASE PBDIRECT EXEC SDC PBASE PBTGATE PBTSRV EXEC SDC PBASE pbipcom exeC SDC PBASE pbipcom exeC SDC PBASE pbtor exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system rdpclip exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system cpqteam exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent pccntmon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL WASPDB Binn sqlagent EXEC Program Files Wasp Technologies WaspTime WaspTimeServer exeC WINDOWS system mmc exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS regedit exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL res iesetup dll softAdmin htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page res iesetup dll softAdmin htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetecto... Read more

Hello CBJasonWelcome to BleepingComputer ==========================Download OTL to your desktop.Double click OTL to run it. When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Under Custom scan's and fixes section paste in the below in boldnetsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321130/windows-server-2003/
Relevancy 54.61%

Can someone please advise whether windows 7 will run ok on server 2003. I had heard there may be problems with roaming profiles. Am currently running xp on clients. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-server-2003.1039615/
Relevancy 54.61%

I know Windows Server 2003 is particularly for servers but what are the differences
and can it be run on a home PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.656801/
Relevancy 54.61%

DO anyone know how to grant a user full Adminitrative rights to IIS Manager only. This server is part of a domain. Again I need to grant a user full control of IIS manager so they can see the website we are hosting. They really don't need to full admin rights but I to give this user enough access to view the settings for a website we are hosting on this server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.676919/
Relevancy 54.61%

Id like to run a program called stinger through a windows 2003 server and have it automatically scan each clients computer for virus's... Is this possible if so how can I do it??

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi i got a pc using windows server 2003 and i have setup active users directory. I went to the pc connected to it and tryed to join the domain i got this message:

The following error orrurred attempting to join the domain "network":

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are now allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared rouse and try again.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-help.394157/