Windows Support Forum

PC Build Trouble

Q: PC Build Trouble

Well, I just put my pc together and I turned it on, it starts out fine but then to power supply fan turns off and the power supply and the system shuts off after about 3 seconds

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC Build Trouble

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: PC Build Trouble

Can you give a little more detail, about what you are building and how you went about putting it together. A description of all your parts and a list of all the power connections would be a good start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-trouble.199282/
Relevancy 48.16%

Evening lads I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to creating a designing your own computer I had a refurbished model MB and that is what you quot guys quot pointed out before So I bought and installed a Build Trouble with new MB with an AMD processor Put it all together today and literally after starting it within a second it shut down and smoke came from one of the components So my question is why I know that this rather vague and I am hoping that you can help in some way I am going to bet that I just fired my motherboard again If I have to buy another that is fine However I would like to ask quot is there a certain way to install this to ensure that I don t blow it again quot Something I may have to switch on the PS or Trouble with Build perhaps a particular plug I missed I thought I had everything okay - guess not I would love to be able to get this up and running so any and all Trouble with Build suggestions are helpful I would REALLY like to buy just one more MB and install it and have it run correctly This will be the rd MB I will purchase for this build Learning is living - so I m learning as I go I will have attached photo s and info below Thanks lads Sincerely Christopher MB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E AMD http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Case http www directron com cs uvbl html caption Picture Gigabyte piece was loose when received and wasn t sure if it was suppose to be However the piece had two springs on each corner holding it to the MB so I assumed it was suppose to Picture Bottom right corner of pic is an open plug By manual it stated that it was quot ATX V X ATX x V Power Connector and x Main Power Connector quot However I did not have a quot plug quot matching this plug off of the PS See picture Picture This is a pic of the SATA connector to the HD as well as the two USB ports that have connections coming off of the case - each one having four plugs reading quot quot quot - quot quot Port quot quot Port - quot According to the MB there are pins with the exception of Number pin not there and go as follows amp are Power amp are USB DX - amp USB DX accordingly amp are USB DY - amp USB DY accordingly amp are GND amp - NC Picture I do have other plugs that are available from the PS but they are for the fans that surround the case These plugs are the only pin plugs that did not have a place to go BUT did have a place on the previous refurbished board that I had http www geeks com details asp invtid P-A-R So I know that there are some geeks out there that can help me out I wish to learn so be patient with me I wish for this to work Also does the RAM position effect anything Hope to have a response soon Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Trouble with Build

it seems i have posted this in the wrong area - so I will repost this thread again.

I apologize for the error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-build.910179/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all today I got most of the parts for my new computer Build I'm Trouble First With Wow Having and began assembling After I thought I had everything in Wow I'm Having Trouble With First Build place I booted up only to see next to nothing My computer goes through a cycle of outputting my graphics card type XT and specs then it flashes to a white screen that says it is an ATI chipset goes to a command line screen which you can t enter anything Then the cycle repeats I m in need of info on just how to set up my IDE cable system I suppose I have a DVD burner and a lame IDE Maxtor gb HDD Do they need to be on the same cable and if so should the HDD be the master because it s certainly not booting from it at this point On an interesting side note I happened to have a Live-CD version of a Linux distro lying around and when I had the DVD burner set as master it would let me run the Linux live without the HDD connected Leads me to suspect HDD incompatibility but help the noob please nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

CRJDriver or anyone else with an idea,

I have attempted to upgrade my system. Dell 8100(orig.) with P4 1.3.

Purchased new EliteGroup P4M800-M7 motherboard and P4 2.66 processor.

2G memory, with new case (350 watt)

Installed everything as instructed, added my 2 HD, 1 CD-Rom, and DVD-Rom from my dell.

All powers up and initial testing is done, computer beeps, monitor shows what is happening.

Drives are recognized, and spin up.

I then get a "the last time you started Windows did not work well" note and 4 choices for restarting Windows (3 safe modes and original mode).

Nothing works. Try all 4 modes, computer keeps restarting. No error codes are shown, no beeps. Tried each HD, nothing. Screen goes blank and back to the start.

Unplugged all PCI cards, USB cards, LAN even singling out memory sticks, nothing works.

Any ideas???? I still have the Dell case and can re-install everything back to it, but wont have upgrade.

Thanks in adance.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I recently put togather a new PC and I try to install MY OS and at the boot screen it says

Setup checking your hardware......

then computer outomatically restarts.

Anyone know what problem may be ?

A:New Build Trouble X_x

Give us a little more information about the system. Specs and operating system your trying to get running would be really helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-trouble-x_x.649912/
Relevancy 47.3%

I really need your help and hope that somebody is able to assist me in this problem I just recently built my third computer and it has been nothing but trouble so nothing far....please but computer trouble help :) and so build New far I started Monday morning and still am not up and running yet At this point I am not exactly sure what the problem is New computer build and nothing but trouble so far....please help :) to be honest - which is why I hope somebody here can help me This is a long post but wanted to include all the details -- again thank you for any help New computer build and nothing but trouble so far....please help :) it is extremely appreciated SYSTEM SPECS MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte GA-X A-UD R LGA Intel X CPU Intel Core i - GHz RAM Corsair XMS Pin DDR PC Gigs X Sticks for gigs total GRAPHICS CARD EVGA GeForce GTX GB PROBLEM S Where to start The system boots up and runs Windows it is the errors I am getting within Windows that is the problem To start with when I tried installing a video game on Monday the day I built the machine I was getting the CRC error I tried to install again and got the same error at the diffent point The DVD was brand new and there were no scratches Windows had just installed correctly from the same drive also I swapped that drive out and put in another and the game installed fine Thought it was all set at that point Then today I was transferring some files from my old drive and suddenly got a Blue Screen of Death never got a BSOD on my last build in the four years I used it so it was odd to see again The BSOD error was Memory Management I ended up getting this error three times within the next two hours Decided that I may have installed some wrong drivers and noticed Windows was running sluggish so figured I would just reinstal Windows since I didn't have anything on the drive yet As I was installing Windows I got an error that files could not be read from the DVD and I had to abort and start over - frustrating but did not think much of it I then got another BSOD this time saying Cache Management Finally I was able to get Windows to install and started installing my drivers one by one to try to figure out the problem I also removed the RAM from the system and put it back in different order and made sure everything was in tight Things seemed to be going along well so decided to install the video game again This is the game that I got teh CRC errors before but installed fine when I swapped the drives Well this time I got the CRC errors again only this time right at the end of the install I then moved onto testing the RAM using Memtest Right from the start of the test I had multiple errors showing up and figured that had to be it - the memory has been bad the whole time I let it run for passes and in total had almost errors for each pass each took about one hour Decided I would test some more this time one stick at a time Each stick ran the test without any errors at all I then tested one stick in each of the slots and still no errors at all I then tested three slots and no errors again Finally I tested the other three slots and the machine would not even POST So I went back and filled in all six slots again and ran the test - this time I have no errors at all before I had on each pass ONE LAST THING I am not sure if this is normal or a sign it could be my MoBo When I first plug in the powercord it takes extra time for the computer to start I will push the power button and the fans will start then stop then about seconds later teh computer will boot normal If I restart shutdown startup it is fine - this only happens each time after I have unplugged plugged in the power cord Is that normal CONCLUSION I am completely lost and really need your help This is my work machine and will do what I can to have it up and running for Monday I will be around and can run any test or post any logs that would help ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED Thank You

A:New computer build and nothing but trouble so far....please help :)

Please provide this information: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/126915-new-computer-build-nothing-but-trouble-so-far-please-help.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just built a new computer this weekend and after I got everything plugged in I tried to boot up but nothing happened Actually the case fan and the CPU fan turned on but nothing came on the screen I went through all the motherboard connections and they were correct I checked the obvious things like the monitor being plugged in etc I even tried another video card that is known to be good Here is the list of new components used Ultra MB PC DDR MHz Memory ULT Intel Socket Intel Prescott Ghz Ball Bearing Copper Core CPU Cooling Fan TC G- Chaintech GeForce MB DDR PCI Express SLI VGA DVI TV Out Video Card C - Gigabyte I PL-G Intel Socket ATX MotherBoard and a Pentium GHz Processor MBM- I PL- I am using an old HDD that I know is good and old CD-Rom and DVD that are also fine My question is this What is more build New trouble Solved: likely fried if anything the Solved: New build trouble CPU or the Motherboard I have built computers in the past with no problems but unfortunatly somtimes things go wrong Also is there a way to test the MB nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I am not new to the world trouble build System New of computers but when it comes to completely building a new computer I am definitely not seasoned in that area Recently I ve decided to build a new computer With a Cooler Master Elite case AMD Phenom X Ghz CPU GB X GB Crucial Rendition PC - DDR XION W Simple Power Supply and ECS Black Series GF A These were the New System build trouble new parts I ordered and the rest New System build trouble HD Monitor etc I already have So I follow the exact order the motherboard manual says to set everything up and it doesnt power New System build trouble on I try unplugging and plugging everything back in carefully to see if i screwed up the first time and still the comp wont power up I test the power supply and it works fine I take the MoBo out and do a POST test with just the CPU PSU RAM with the monitor and keyboard connected and I can access the BIOS just fine But when I go back and put the mobo back in the case and connect all the hardware nothing works My guess is the case is causing a short somewhere but how do I fix that Any ideas nbsp

A:New System build trouble

You didn't mention using motherboard standoffs. Did you use them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-system-build-trouble.141526/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi first time poster here, and I've just completed construction of my new rig, but I'm having trouble getting it to boot. I jump start the computer and the CPU fan and Case fan spin for around 5 seconds then the entire system turns off. Specs are:
CPU= AMD x2 4000+
MBO= Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
RAM= 2x Kingston 1gb DDR2
GFX = 8600GTS
Case is as Thermaltake Matrix with the default PSU still in use.

From the look of it im leaning towards a PSU issue as its only a 430W PSU. Is there anyway to test before I purchase a new PSU? Any help or insight is much appreciated.

Relevancy 47.3%

I really need your help and hope that somebody is able to assist me in this problem I just recently built my third computer and it has been nothing but trouble so far I started Monday morning and still am not up and running yet At this point I am not exactly sure what the problem is to be honest - which is why build and trouble so far....please New computer nothing :) but help I hope somebody here can help me This is a long post but wanted to include all the New computer build and nothing but trouble so far....please help :) details -- again thank you for any help it is extremely appreciated SYSTEM SPECS MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte GA-X A-UD R LGA Intel X CPU Intel Core i - New computer build and nothing but trouble so far....please help :) GHz RAM Corsair XMS Pin DDR PC Gigs X Sticks for gigs total GRAPHICS CARD EVGA GeForce GTX GB PROBLEM S Where to start The system boots up and runs Windows it is the errors I am getting within Windows that is the problem To start with when I tried installing a video game on Monday the day I built the machine I was getting the CRC error I tried to install again and New computer build and nothing but trouble so far....please help :) got the same error at the diffent point The DVD was brand new and there were no scratches Windows had just installed correctly from the same drive also I swapped that drive out and put in another and the game installed fine Thought it was all set at that point Then today I was transferring some files from my old drive and suddenly got a Blue Screen of Death never got a BSOD on my last build in the four years I used it so it was odd to see again The BSOD error was Memory Management I ended up getting this error three times within the next two hours Decided that I may have installed some wrong drivers and noticed Windows was running sluggish so figured I would just reinstal Windows since I didn t have anything on the drive yet As I was installing Windows I got an error that files could not be read from the DVD and I had to abort and start over - frustrating but did not think much of it I then got another BSOD this time saying Cache Management Finally I was able to get Windows to install and started installing my drivers one by one to try to figure out the problem I also removed the RAM from the system and put it back in different order and made sure everything was in tight Things seemed to be going along well so decided to install the video game again This is the game that I got teh CRC errors before but installed fine when I swapped the drives Well this time I got the CRC errors again only this time right at the end of the install I then moved onto testing the RAM using Memtest Right from the start of the test I had multiple errors showing up and figured that had to be it - the memory has been bad the whole time I let it run for passes and in total had almost errors for each pass each took about one hour Decided I would test some more this time one stick at a time Each stick ran the test without any errors at all I then tested one stick in each of the slots and still no errors at all I then tested three slots and no errors again Finally I tested the other three slots and the machine would not even POST So I went back and filled in all six slots again and ran the test - this time I have no errors at all before I had on each pass ONE LAST THING I am not sure if this is normal or a sign it could be my MoBo When I first plug in the powercord it takes extra time for the computer to start I will push the power button and the fans will start then stop then about seconds later teh computer will boot normal If I restart shutdown startup it is fine - this only happens each time after I have unplugged plugged in the power cord Is that normal CONCLUSION I am completely lost and really need your help This is my work machine and will do what I can to have it up and running for Monday I will be around and can run any test or post any logs that would help ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER WOULD BE ... Read more

A:New computer build and nothing but trouble so far....please help :)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-build-and-nothing-but-trouble-so-far-please-help.964558/
Relevancy 46.87%

Im going to be starting college this year and I have no idea what pc build to get ( i narrowed it down two) basically what ill be doing is trying to get it to run fallout 4 with mods when they start coming out regularly, photo editing, watching/streaming videos, and taking some classes online when work doesnt permit to.

First build
AMD FX-4300, PowerColor Radeon R9 380, Thermaltake Commander MS/I Snow Edition (White/Black) - budget AMD FX build for light gaming - icebergslim64's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

Second build

Intel Core i5-6400, PowerColor Radeon R9 380, Thermaltake Commander MS/I Snow Edition (White/Black) - Skylake i5 build - icebergslim64's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

Which one would best suit me for my goals, I tried other forums but it devolved into a intel vs amd argument and didnt get an answer. Hope that doesnt happen again 😧

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/128119-having-trouble-deciding-build-make.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I m having trouble with my second build My components are - Rosewill R Mid Tower w W Power Supply - PC Chips A G Motherboard - AMD Athlon Orleans GHz AM Socket - Gigabyte Geforce mb - Adata GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR - EXCELSTOR Jupiter GB RPM MB Cache Trouble >.< Build blank - screen SATA - Sony NEC Optiarc Black Combo Drive Ok my problem is when I power on the system the monitor remains blank and my monitor reports quot DPMS Standby quot instead of quot No Signal quot To make sure it wasn t the power supply I disconnected the hard drive cd drive and took out the and connected the vga cable to the onboard graphics card and got the same blank screen I then plugged the cd drive and hard drive back in and powered it on with the Build Trouble - blank screen >.< same result I put a windows-xp cd in the drive and it would read it for about seconds and would stop spin up for seconds and stop again repeatedly I took the CD out and the drive light would repeat the same pattern turn on for three Build Trouble - blank screen >.< seconds and turn off I m not sure if that means anything or not I then cleared the bios as instructed in the manual by shorting connection - on the clear cmos jumpers and returned them to their original position without any success I anyone can help me out with other troubleshooting steps please let me know I figured it s a motherboard problem but I have nothing to base my assumption on If you need more details about the error please let me know I m completely stumped nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I m going to be building my first proper gaming PC soon and I m really struggling on which video card to get and whether or not to set up in SLI need to learn more about SLI first I think Anyways the card has to gaming choosing trouble GPU build for my Having big the right be nvidia since ATI cards dont work well with OpenGL and I play some games that use that I was thinking of getting the GTX then I saw the GTX TI and wondered what was better heard mixed opinions on those two Then I watched some videos of gameplay and it Having trouble choosing the right GPU for my big gaming build seems the GTX gets about FPS in Crysis which is ok but I d really like to get a card that hits fps in pretty much every game it plays Maybe I m just being greedy here and asking for the impossible Then I saw the and cards and thought they might be Having trouble choosing the right GPU for my big gaming build a reasonable upgrade for the future since one costs like - Then I thought about would s in SLI run better than a or Also another factor is how much heat are these things going to be generating in intense usage Theres just so much to think about Still kinda new to brands and such in hardware outside of intel and nvidia I dont know much at all Here are the specs for the PC I mentioned that this is all for might be revised a bit but I m happy with it for now Please let me know your thoughts on my choices of specs too Intel i sandybridge CPU - Will probably overclock will be getting zalman heatsink instead of using the stock one Asus MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z GEN Motherboard Z Corsair TX W PSU - may up it to a W to future proof for possible more powerful video card Samsung TB rpm MB cache HDD - Was going to get western digital but lots of reviews saying they are very loud Corsair Vengeance GB DDR RAM Mhz x GB sticks - Was going to get GB but for extra thought why not Antec case - People kept telling me it was an old case and I was dumb for choosing this but I really like the look of it Windows Home Premium bit Just remembered to mention the video card I get will be more than likely of the Asus brand Heard a lot of good things about their products Hope that s enough info any and all help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Having trouble choosing the right GPU for my big gaming build

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-choosing-the-right-gpu-for-my-big-gaming-build.1038461/
Relevancy 46.87%

Not sure were this belongs?

I Have spent the afternoon putting together an inexpensive computer for practice. I have the video card, hard drive, floppy and DVD drive installed. Although I am not at all sure everything is installed right. When I turn the machine on all the fans work, the keyboard flashes and I can here what I think is the hard drive. I get no beep but I think I have the audio connections wrong. The monitor comes on to a white artsy logo screen "Biostar" such and such... I can't enter bios using the delete key or F8. What should I try next.

Biostar NF325-A7
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 2.0 ghz

A:Need Trouble Shoot For This Afternoon's Build

We need a few more details I think (at least I do).

So you fire the system up, you see the Biostar screen, then what happens after that? Is the system freezing on you there, or is it waiting for you to input something? Do you get ANY other messages coming up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-trouble-shoot-for-this-afternoons-build.63731/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I am having a very confusing problem I just finished putting together a gaming rig now for the confusing boot trouble Having new to build, can't proceed with part I can t get a PS or USB keyboard to work on the post screen to enter the bios most of the time I have gotten the PS keyboard to work a few times from restarting the system a multitude of times I have been able Having trouble with new build, can't proceed to boot to alter the bios these few times but it will not work after I have saved and exited the bios Twice I have gotten past this problem but the system would not boot it would just restart automaticly and throw me back to post with a non-working keyboard My question I guess is there anything I can do to make the PS or USB keyboard work consistantly in post bios I ll list my specs now XFX nForce i LT SLI mobo Intel E Quad core cpu OCZGX wat PSU x evga nVidia GT mb DDR PCI-E cards in SLI Corsair gb DDR Twin X matched XMS ram I have made sure everything is connected properly and that the mobo is not grounded on the case properly fit with spacers risers and have tested all parts everything seems to be in working order besides the keyboard not working of the time in post Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Having trouble with new build, can't proceed to boot

Can you try another PS/2 keyboard to rule out that as the problem? If a second PS/2 keyboard behaves the same way, it would seem the fault lies with the motherboard, specifically PS/2 circuit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-with-new-build-cant-proceed-to-boot.98023/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a custom built gaming pc that I put together a little over a month ago, and everything has been running silky smooth, no problems at all, until recently of course. Last night I was doing some gaming on Battlefield 3, then typed up a quick paper for one of my classes and shut it down. This morning I turned on my computer and after about 5 seconds, it freezes at a black screen with "B2" displayed at the bottom in the usual white start-up text. It refuses to even boot into the bios. I fear this might be a motherboard issue, but I wanted to get some input in before diving into the problem.

My specs are as follows:
CPU: i5 2500k (OC to 4.5)
GPU: Galaxy GTX 570
Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD80 Gen 3
RAM:CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

A:Custom Build Start-Up Trouble

Hello, yeah it could be the motherboard, but first just start taking out components until the computer starts. You can also get a flash light and see if any capacitors are bulging or exploded on your motherboard and video card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426152/custom-build-start-up-trouble/
Relevancy 46.87%

I did not want this I accidentally purchased a motherboard with integrated graphics and the last hours confirms my initial fear of purchasing one CPU has integrated graphics Motherboard same Throw in a stand-alone Too with new trouble BSOD codes, build. many graphics card and you can start to Too many BSOD codes, trouble with new build. imagine the train wreck of BSOD codes I get Updated BIOS and updated all drivers direct from each manufacturer's site Able to access Safe Mode with Networking If Too many BSOD codes, trouble with new build. I remove the Video card I could run normal mode off the motherboard's graphics but no DirectX D acceleration Updated the CPU with a D driver from their site and Windows won't work anymore unless I run Safe Mode with networking Paging fault errors IRQL errors Memory Management errors and more all show up in BSOD when I try to run off the video card in normal mode Tried to disable the integrated graphics on the motherboard but all it lets me do is choose whether to boot run off PEG or IGD Obviously I tried both but they only work when I run in safe mode BSOD Dump file attached

A:Too many BSOD codes, trouble with new build.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc000001d, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff88001b3b120, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880033c0f48, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880033c07a0, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000001d - {EXCEPTION} Illegal Instruction An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.

FAULTING_IP:
aswSP+9120
fffff880`01b3b120 2f ???

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880033c0f48 -- (.exr 0xfffff880033c0f48)
ExceptionAddress: fffff88001b3b120 (aswSP+0x0000000000009120)
ExceptionCode: c000001d (Illegal instruction)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 0

CONTEXT: fffff880033c07a0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880033c07a0)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000001 rcx=fffff880033c1200
rdx=0000000000000004 rsi=fffffa8007faa800 rdi=fffff880033c1200
rip=fffff88001b3b120 rsp=fffff880033c1180 rbp=0000000000000004
r8=fffff8a0066b8c01 r9=00000000000000b0 r10=fffff80003601000
r11=0000000000000752 r12=0000000000120001 r13=fffffa800838d000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=fffff880033c1390
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz ac po cy
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010297
aswSP+0x9120:
fffff880`01b3b120 2f ???
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000001d - {EXCEPTION} Illegal Instruction An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffffa800838d010 to fffff88001b3b120

FAILED_INSTRUCTION_ADDRESS:
aswSP+9120
fffff880`01b3b120 2f ???

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`033c1180 fffffa80`0838d010 : fffffa80`083798c0 fffff880`033c1298 fffff880`01b975ee 00000000`00000000 : aswSP+0x9120
fffff880`033c1188 fffffa80`083798c0 : fffff880`033c1298 fffff880`01b975ee 00000000`00000000 fffff880`00d9a4b7 : 0xfffffa80`0838d010
fffff880`033c1190 fffff880`033c1298 : fffff880`01b975ee 00000000`00000000 fffff880`00d9a4b7 fffff880`033c1390 : 0xfffffa80`083798c0
fffff880`033c1198 fffff880`01b975ee : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`00d9a4b7 fffff880`033c1390 fffffa80`07ed2d20 : 0xfffff880`033c1298
fffff880`033c11a0 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`00d9a4b7 fffff880`033c1390 fffffa80`07ed2d20 fffffa80`0838d010 : aswSP+0x655ee

FOLLOWUP_IP:
aswSP+9120
fffff880`01b3b120 2f ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: aswSP+9120

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: aswSP

IMAGE_NAME: aswSP.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 52a56cc2

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff880033c07a0 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_BAD_IP_aswSP+9120

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_BAD_IP_aswSP+9120

Follow... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322260-too-many-bsod-codes-trouble-new-build.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi - With Trouble (build 7100) 64-bit Win7 I'm sure there has been allot posts about this but here goes I've been running Win -bit build for three weeks now and had no problems at all I could run any game without any lag or causing it to crash The past weekend I had a LAN with my friends and tried to play with them but all the games I had on would cause my system to lag and then Lockup I formated my HDD and installed a fresh copy of win but still had the same issues I though it might have been something on the network so I unplugged the cables and did a fresh installation again still nothing changed I then decided to scratch everything of my drives and download all the drivers for my gpu headphones and sound It's working better now but I still have the occasional system lockups and Trouble With Win7 64-bit (build 7100) the system seems to run slower than it did I've done most of the latest important windows updates Any advice or help would be appreciated

A:Trouble With Win7 64-bit (build 7100)

I think its connected with your network card drivers. Ive had similar problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11962-trouble-win7-64-bit-build-7100-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%
Relevancy 46.44%

When trying to install windows 7 build 7600 (I am doing a complete clean install) on a bootable version it says I need to format my hard drive before I can use it. So I click on format disk and a box comes up that says this: Make sure that the disk is connected properly and make sure the disk is not read-only. I have used this hard drive before so I don't know why it is not letting me format it. Please help.

Relevancy 46.44%

I completed a new build with a GB SSD intended for a fresh install of Win Prior to build backed up my HDs and completed a W E T save Two of the HDs are coming with me to the new transferring to user new SSD build profiles Trouble build including the partition with my old install of Win During the NEW install of Win to my SSD I Trouble transferring user profiles to new SSD build used Sysprep and audit mode to change the default user and program data location no issues I then started up W E T to transfer my old user profile into the new one - this Trouble transferring user profiles to new SSD build is where I'm having trouble The size of the files I want to transfer is too big for the new SSD and W E T doesn't seem to recognize the fact that my user profiles are NOT located on the SSD and it won't let me map drives etc do anything So is there a way around this Or is the best way to boot the old win install run sysprep audit to transfer user profiles to the SAME location as I have the profiles for my new install then boot the new install and see if I can log in as my old self Or am I just barking up the wrong tree I don't know at this point any help is appreciated

A:Trouble transferring user profiles to new SSD build

With the trouble that it often causes WET is hardly worth the time when you can simply drag each User folder content to the new folder in Explorer. Besides, importing AppData settings is a corruption path into a fresh install.

Since you plan to hook up the old OS HD anyway, I'd copy your files over from there into new account(s) or just link them from where they are now into the related library: Library - Include a Folder - Windows 7 Forums. This can be an interim solution or you may decide you like it as the way to link to User folders on another HD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/217447-trouble-transferring-user-profiles-new-ssd-build.html
Relevancy 46.44%

New system build has a 320 gig Sata drive, 965 chipset. I have no floppy!

I have slipsteamed SP2 and created a new install disk...I checked it in old system...it boots.
The Gigabyte manual says I will need a floppy to install to a SATA drive...

What options do I have...one thing I am considering is installing on my old 80 gig IDE drive, then, after installing the chipset drivers and such, install the SATA and image the IDE drive to the SATA.

Or...could I use a USB stick to install the SATA drivers during install of Windows.

PLEASE help...I have been getting conflicting responses everywhere on all of this stuff!

Relevancy 46.44%

I I have recently build a new computer and it runs very well most the time System specs CPU Amd Athlon x Mother board Gigabyte GA-K n gmf- Ram hp ddr hp ddr Power supply ocz watt power supply GPU x gt Problem while playing a games or burning a dvd or listening to a cd a blue screen comes up that says build new having trouble compatibiity pc with windows drivers windows is shutting down to prevent damage to your system If you have recently installed any hardware software or drivers remove them or something to new build pc having trouble with windows drivers compatibiity that nature I also got a new dvd burning program and when I was using it the computer just randomly restarts But not with the old dvd program I think the problem is that I just used A hard drive with windows installed on it already This hard drive was from my old HP computer that craped out I called Microsoft and got an activation code If this is the problem I would be willing to buty a new copy of windows Any suggestion on what windows to new build pc having trouble with windows drivers compatibiity get Is windows compatible with drivers for everything Thanks for the help PS i also have had trouble with wpn n lynsys wirless n network card driver compatibility

A:new build pc having trouble with windows drivers compatibiity

put your specs in here
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp
based on a quality supply and add 30% to the result
http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=107466
hp drives usually have something on them to enable them to recognise a hp xp disk
did you zero the drive before installing
run
chkdsk /r

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-build-pc-having-trouble-with-windows-drivers-compatibiity-118752.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have the following build :
cpu AMD Athlon X4 860K BLACK Editi
motherboard FM2A88M EXTREME4+ FM2+ MICRO
ram corsair CORSAIR 8 gb ram 1 stick
case CiT Jet Stream Black/Slvr Case
psu corsair cx 600
ssd PATRIOT BLAST 240GB SATA3 2.5
The place where I bought it from says the bios has been updated as advised on part picker for the kaveri cpu.
All connected and there is no signal on the monitor and no post beeps.
Where am I going wrong??

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/new-build-trouble-shooting-asrock-fm2a88m-ext-4-4610337/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am using Win 7 build 7000 and enjoyng a lot, everything works. But, this week i tried to install a program that requires the compatibility mode for win vista, and everytime i run it, the installer crashes.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

A:Trouble with compatibility mode -> Build 7000

So right-clicking te .exe and running troubleshoot compatibility crashes it?

Try XP Sp2 compatibility and even try run as admin too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7573-trouble-compatibility-mode-build-7000-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hello
anyone no why this build is using so much memory?
i have 4gb and it seems to be using 97% of it with
nothing else installed but the os and drivers.

i tryed installing avast! Antivirus but after the
reboot the system moves so slow i had to uninstall
it.didn't have no trouble with the last 3 builds.
any help please...
scrooge

A:windows 7 build 7000 memory trouble

In Task Manager click on Show Processes for all Users to see if you can find what is using the memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/1121-windows-7-build-7000-memory-trouble.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My system was working fine until I installed XP SP2. I am having trouble with a Blue Screen Error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" I believe NVGTS.SYS is the culprit ? I have had to boot in safe made with network to come here to try and get help. Can someone please give me a suggestion as to what might be the issue? I am trying to install this on a new system build, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz, EVGA NForce 780i SLI, 2 gigs of OCz DDR 2 800, Nvidia 8800GTS (G92) 512mb 256-bit GDDR3 PCI-E 2.0 x-16, WD 74 gig Raptor, Liteon 20X DVDR. Thank you~David

A:Solved: BLUE SCREEN ERROR-New system build--Trouble after installing XP SP2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screen-error-new-system-build-trouble-after-installing-xp-sp2.693826/
Relevancy 36.55%

Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 to Build 7601?

An Icon Pack was saying install on to 7600 only and after I checked my regedit, I learned that I have 7601 (Probably SP1, I don't know).

Would I have any problems if I install the icon pack?

Thanks.

A:Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 on to Build 7601?

You can normally install icons anywhere you like, on any machine or system which uses them, they are merely small graphics of various types. Unless the "Icon-pack" is using software to install something else, ( in which case be careful what it does), you can install it anywhere.

Some "Icon-packs" make extensive changes to system files, are dependent on the system to which they are installed, and best avoided.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155091-can-i-install-icon-packs-designed-build-7600-build-7601-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

My win pro build hasn't received the November update build while my other win home versions have I know I'm not the only one having this problem but here's my two cents On my xw I upgraded from win pro to win pro as soon as was available some months ago I still receive other windows updates I downloaded 1511 the 10240 November pro build build received 10 win update hasn't the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu Both sfc and dism have no issues I would burn it do a disk but I've read other users say its just reinstalled build instead I was using another random win pro computer at work today and noticed it hasn't received the November update yet either Anyone else with win pro that did get the update Maybe this issue has more to it like when I upgraded to pro I had an issue with onedrive I don't really use it so I only disabled it from win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 startup in the task manager but it as a service disappeared except for registry entries and program files and win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 I haven't found a way to reinstall it yet I know I could do a clean install of windows but that's not my style I move from pc to pc over the years using disk images win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 This onedrive issue is the only problem I've come across that I haven't figured out without a clean install I mean I wiped onedrive from my system completely registry keys and all but attempts to reinstall fall short error corrupted file During the attempted installation it places all its registry items and files including the file it says is corrupt Copy those files that are working on another computer no dice sfc and dism no issues I'm getting off track I was hoping the November update would fix it but now that's an issue too Maybe Microsoft delayed the November update on win pro Thanks in advance

A:win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

RE : I downloaded the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu.

Did you burn the iso to a bootable media, then insert the media to the computer ?
If that was what you did, then you would NOT see the Mount option.
Instead, you would see the Setup option. Use that to start the installation.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36509-win-10-pro-build-10240-hasnt-received-november-update-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi everyone After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows build Version or build I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update KB keeps trying 10 (build 10240) update to original Windows build from Unable to install however Windows Update always fails to install this update giving me this error quot There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240) want to search the web or contact support for information this may help quot No error code is provided I took a look at setuperr log within the Windows BT folder and this is the only error present Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL String enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBCL FileShare unsigned long gle x I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this issue as i'd like to move up to the AU - Please let me know if you need any more info Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63725-unable-update-windows-10-original-build-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

My current system was upgraded to windows 7 32bit from vista 32bit (I bought the windows 7 home premium upgrade disc when it was first released). I am going to build a complete new system. Can I install windows 7 64bit from the same windows 7 disc? Or do I have to buy a new windows 7 disc? Is there a way around buying a whole new disc?

A:Solved: New computer build work with old build's Windows 7 Disc?

It won't activate and you will end up in Safe Mode permanently. One machne = one license. You need to buy another full version. But you can do it if you don't use 7 on the old machine. You will just have to activate by phone and explain. Then if you go online with both, one will deactivate and go to Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-build-work-with-old-builds-windows-7-disc.1005746/
Relevancy 36.55%

So recently after the November build release I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update After which it seemed my home network was thrown out of newest build. to previous back rolling after find build Cant wack I immediately rolled reverted recovered to previous build But now everything is out of wack Most of the time I have to restart my computer just so it'll communicate with my printer to start printing And restarting the computer is twice as long if it restarts at all Most of the time It gets stuck in the quot restart quot progress animates the rotating circles and I have to press the restart button on the computer tower with great regret and dread Transferring files from one windows device to another is a hit or miss I'm pissed I'm not literate when it comes to networking and was super happy how everything was But now not only is my wifi home network out of wack but my computer itself is wonky I figure I might as well reinstall the newest build in hopes that it'll at least fix a fe of the problems But anytime I check for updates the newest build no longer shows up Can someone please help

A:Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Mount the ISO file, run setup.exe from the fake DVD drive created by mounting the ISO file.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39036-cant-find-newest-build-after-rolling-back-previous-build.html
Relevancy 36.55%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Satellite-P50-A09M-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 36.55%

Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future

A:why my windows mobile 10 build has transformed to an insider preview build

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future Go to settings - Info and check build version.
Annyversary Update is nothing else than Redstone that became official and replacing old Threshold, read the news ;)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436478-why-my-windows-mobile-10-build-has-transformed-insider-preview-build.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Everytime I try and updated or patch a problem on my computer I get this message (Version of Source build is not target build) and I'm unable to download repairs. What can I do I have tried a few things but same message.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90827-Updates-issue-version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 36.12%

My current system specs are below is getting a bit dated and frankly I m just itching to build a new computer Since the days of pentium hyperthreading socket and AGP video cards are long gone I m looking for some advice and or guides on where to look for ideas I like to play games although I wouldn t consider myself a gaming geek in that I need the latest card and processor But I do like quality I guess what I m looking for is a decent mid range system that ll make look FSX and Vista look good without breaking my bank I new Want any you'd guides recommend? good system, to build 'build' a m partial to Intel ASUS and ATI but I d really be willing to try anything as I know the market changes like the winds I m not real keen on the latest in technology for instance all I know a RAID to be is something we d Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? do in the middle of the night to the sorority houses looking for panties Any Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? ideas or general directions you can point me in would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend?

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-new-system-any-good-build-guides-youd-recommend.70046/
Relevancy 36.12%

If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications?

A:Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)

Yes. Mount the ISO file as virtual DVD by double clicking it and launch the Setup.exe to start upgrade.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65102-install-rtm-build-14393-over-preview-build-14931-a.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I've been stuck on build 11102.rs1_release.160113-1800.
Going to Settings. Update & Security, Check for updates says "your device is up to date".
Checked for updates at least 10 times and always get the same response "Your device is up to date".

I don't want to download an ISO and clean install - I'd like to get the insider updates through
the standard update process.

Any suggestion or solutions?

Thanks

A:build 11102 will not download latest build 14271

Try this - worked for me in a similar situation.

I deleted all folders in the software distribution folder, selected to leave Insider Program from updates menu, rebooted, rejoined Program and then it found the updates. Try just deleting folders first and checking for updates. That works for some but did not for me (it was the leaving and rejoining that seemed to do the trick).

If you try rejoining and leaving, make an image backup of 11102 first, just in case leaving and rejoining should cause it not to activate (especially if you never started from a valid 7/8 licence). Good idea to make the backup anyway in case the upgrade fails (you would then have to go back to 10586 and start afresh)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/41994-build-11102-will-not-download-latest-build-14271-a.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I am trying to install Windows Build from Windows Build I Install Windows 10586 10 Build Build 10240 From have just received the Windows Update Assistant popup telling me I'm not running the latest version of Windows I have it downloaded but it will not install The computer check Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 said my computer is good to go Asus AllInOne Model ET I've tried several times and each time it reaches the computer restarts and then it goes into quot reinstalling your previous version quot and I'm back to Build I know there are other people with the same problem but no solution One website said to delete quot Windows old folder as that may be a problem using Disk Cleanup but it doesn't show up on my Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 computer under quot Clean Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 up system files Previous Windows installations There is a quot Windows old quot folder on my C drive but it is full of empty folders I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and delete it There is also a new folder called Windows Upgrade with files in it Hope someone can help thank you

A:Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240

Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? That seems to have been what's caused it for me. Unfortunately I seem no longer to be able to trigger the update, darn it, as Windows now feels it has updated and all's fine (it hasn't).
uninstall the Razer software and try again. Hopefully it hasn't messed you up completely.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/433934-install-windows-10-build-10586-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 35.26%

utorrent isn't working too well whereas it usually does and I want to know what is the best utorrent for vista ultimate x64 build 6001 and also what are the best tweaks and settings for the version I should use please tell me the best/most ideall version and aqlso link me to a tweak/settings guide thanks. NOTE: I DO NOT USE UTORRENT TO DOWNLOAD ILLEGAL MATERIAL

A:Best Utorrent Build For Vista Ult. X64 Build 6001

hi ,,, i also use utorrent,,, as regards tweeks, there is not much you can do,,, its more to do with your hardware if you want faster and more stable downloads and what profile your broadband is,,, im on an 6meg profile and achive about 5 meg as im about 2km fromthe exchange,,, i use a site called kitz.com in the uk and they sugest useing a router and resetting the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unitif files collide then it has to be sent again,,, if the mtu is set to high it could be to fast and collisions happen and it has to be sent to you again slowing the download,,, default for ethernet setup on a windows os is 1500,,, to high,,, i reset mine to 1423 and torrents take less time now because files dont have to be re sent.http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/index.htmlook in ADSL tab at the top of the page and then "tweeking mtu" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149849/best-utorrent-build-for-vista-ult-x64-build-6001/
Relevancy 35.26%

Somewhat unusual situation here. A machine running the latest build (11102) got badly infected by malware. It was such a major attack that I was about to reload the earlier day's image from my Windows Home Server. But it seemed even easier to revert to the previous build, not yet removed from the Windows.old folder. This I did, and everything soon was running fine as expected.

The issue is that the Updates check is not offering Build 11102 again. This isn't a showstopper; I'm sure there will be another newer build soon. But it would be nice to be back up on this latest build, just as all my other Win10 machines are running.

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

A:How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

Hi,
If you have set it on Fast ring, it will be updated after 24 hrs, so need to be patient.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/38539-how-get-latest-build-after-reverting-earlier-build.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Build 237 (2015-02-10) BETA

IMPROVED: Malware removal on Windows 8.

Build 236 (2015-02-10)

FIXED: Handling of Proxy Auto-Config (PAC) files.
ADDED: Command line switch /proxy=<noproxy|auto|wpad|http:|serverort>
Example: /proxy=http://server/pac.js
IMPROVED: Remnant scanner.
Download Links
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro.exe
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro_x64.exe

A:Hitman Pro 3.7.9 Build 236 Final/ Build 237 BETA

Beta Download:
http://www.hitmanpro.com/beta

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitman-pro-3-7-9-build-236-final-build-237-beta.42101/
Relevancy 35.26%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi All,
I am currently running OS 7 Beta RC Build 7100. Were do I get this newer version, is there a big difference? And am I able to upgrade to the newer Beta?

I realize that October is fast approaching for the RTM but I plan to keep running the Beta for a couple of months past the Grand Opening.

Is it possible that all the updates that I have received equally add up to the newer build?

A:Upgrade from Build 7100 to Build 7264?

I'm still wondering where people got build 7600. :/
I'm running the same build as you, but this beta is gonna expire soon, so we got no choice but to get the RTM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19147-upgrade-build-7100-build-7264-a.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I built the PC and have all the hardware installed. The disc that came with the mother board is in the reader drive. No signal is detected by the monitor. I am unsure if it has a BIOS.
here is a link to my parts list

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/alanhenry/saved/PNFtt6

i have reseated everything twice with no results.

A:new PC build. first time build. no signal to monitor

have u plugged in the TWO power plugs on the motherboard
have u plugged the power for the video card
have u checked the case to mobo power wire is in the right spot
the video card u have requires a minimum of 500w power supply.......... u have purchased a corsair cx 500 which is not up to the job, while being a fine psu for onboard video........it is underpowered for your system

the motherboard u chose is a tad low end see reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-first-time-build-no-signal-to-monitor.1148801/
Relevancy 35.26%

Microsoft released Windows for PCs build today the first Insider Preview build since the Anniversary Update was launched last Tuesday The company noted that it might take a few hours for the build to show for everyone As promised earlier this week there s not a the Here's for new Redstone first in PCs 14901, Windows 10 build build 2 what's lot that s new There are just two known issues Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build and one new feature Here s what s new Improving Product Education As part of an effort to explore new ways of educating our customers on features in Windows we are testing out new notifications within File Explorer They re designed to help customers by providing quick easy information about things they can do or new features they can try to have a better experience with Windows If you want to opt out of these notifications you can do so by unchecking Show sync provider notifications from the Options menu in the File Explorer View tab Dona Sarkar head of the Windows Insider Program took the time to mention Windows Mobile which was the one version of Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Windows that didn t get an Anniversary Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Update last week She said that the team is quot laser-focused quot on getting the AU to Mobile and she thinks that they re almost ready According to Dona you can help by installing build on your phone and submitting feedback nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/heres-whats-new-in-windows-10-for-pcs-build-14901-the-first-redstone-2-build.62327/
Relevancy 35.26%

Windows 7 has reached RTM builds
and there will be several candidate builds in RTM.

first candidate build of RTM is build 7260.

6.1.7260.0.win7_rtm.090612-2110 - RTM branch build

compiled on 12 june.

You may ask why the first assembly win7_rtm has already been collected on 12 June not 15 June. There are several working groups involved in the process of assembling win 7 RTM build and will be assessing the quality of assemblies. Once the assembly is collected and its quality is confirmed, only then they put to the vote.

you may take time to understand all of these steps and procedures, so only the assembly from June 12 and June 15, attained the status of the real candidates for the final RTM release.

Edit :Link Removed.
but im not sure in news thread we quote links but not allowed in discussion threads
any reason for that!!!

A:Windows 7 Build 7260 (first candidate build of RTM)

Airbot pls do your job

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13378-windows-7-build-7260-first-candidate-build-rtm.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello,
After updating to this insider build my start menu,cortana menu,WiFi menu and action center do not work,how can I fix these?

Also sfc /scannow does not work "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." - FIXED with batch file

Settings menu will not open since the start menu wont,even the personalization menu from the desktop does not open.

A:Windows 10 build insider build 14295

Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version ( i.e. language and bit-version )> save it to a folder.
Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin.
No product key is required.
Activation will be automatic.

Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46396-windows-10-build-insider-build-14295-a.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

Ive recently built a new comp and put win 7 on it. Now, I was wondering about the new/differant builds. Looks like I have build 7100. And thus far really like, alot!

Should I download a new build?

What are the differences? Will I notice?

Where Do I get new builds?

Thanks alot!

A:Should I upgrade My Win 7 build to a newer build???

The new build (7127 is the only new 1 so far) is available on most torrent sites. If you are having no issues with the RC build 7100 then you may not notice any difference, although, 7127 does seem a bit faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11123-should-i-upgrade-my-win-7-build-newer-build.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I plan on using this computer for games like FC Crysis Civ LoL look computer build, a good build? this First does like Arma Kerbal SP CoD SimCity torrenting and multitasking gaming music or gaming skype or all three I plan First computer build, does this look like a good build? on building it within the month I prefer performance over cost I have Windows Ultimate -bit I have a quot Samsung T B x Bose USB speakers and a mouse but I will need a keyboard I also have access to wired internet I m just wondering if anyone First computer build, does this look like a good build? has any suggestions on these parts seeing as I am new to computer building I did a good amount of research so far And also if these parts would fit and work well together Thank First computer build, does this look like a good build? you CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus P Z -V PRO GEN ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LP GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD GB Video Card Wired Network Adapter Intel EXPI CTBLK Mbps PCI-Express x Network Adapter Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Antec Basiq Plus W PLUS Certified ATX V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS - DVD CD Writer Keyboard Lite-On SK- BS Wired Standard Keyboard Total from Newegg nbsp

A:First computer build, does this look like a good build?

The build looks good. I only have one question. Is the on-board LAN (network adapter) not suitable for your needs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-computer-build-does-this-look-like-a-good-build.191395/
Relevancy 33.97%

All I would really appreciate your input on my final first Build: About my build, advice order ever C2D to please spec for my first build Intended Usage - Heavy multitasking C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please - Mail browsing downloading movies playng music with Mediaplayer decoding movies online poker - Games - Warcraft Flight sims RTS Other Info - I will be using my existing Dell inch LCD running x - I will experiment with moderate overclocking but this is my main system so I want a stable box that will run for - years - I don t want the extra complexity of RAID - I am not interested in SLI I will buy the top of the line DX graphics card next year the current choice is only a stop gap - Based on what I have heard above the minimal cpu impact I am going for on board sound rather than a separate card - In future I see myself upgrading to C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please quad core - I will run XP as my main OS with Vista on its own partition until I am happy to move to Vista late next year Will also have another OS partition on the main Harddrive C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please for messing around with Linux Questions - What are your general thoughts - How does my memory choice look - Does my PSU look ok for the future I would like a modular unit I won t go SLI but do see myself having Quad core and a beefy DX GPU as well as SATA devices - Is there an ATI alternative to my graphics card choice as I hear ATI is the way to go right now Also I want to avoid reinstalling my OS if I move to an ATI DX card I have hear that you should reinstall the OS if you are changing between ATI amp Nvidia drivers - What s the view on my case I want something with good cooling quiet space to move around in and good looking Suggestions Spec These parts are available in online amp local stores i live in Holland Processor - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - P W DH Deluxe Intel X I changed this from a Gigabyte DQ after hearing about a lot of memory problems Cooler - Zalman CNPS AT Memory - GB - OCZ DDR PC - Platinum Revision CL - - - OR GB Corsair XMS TWIN X DDR MB CL Video - XFX GeForce GT MB will upgrade to DX card s next year Hard Drive - Western Digital Raptor WD AD - Windows XP Vista Linux Games partitions Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda - another of these to be added later for backup Case - GigaByte D Aurora I have been bouncing between a Coolermaster Mystique a Coolermaster Praetorian and a Collermaster WaveMaster now I have this choice PSU - OCZ Modstream W or Antec NEO W Floppy cardreader - Mitsumi in FDD Cardreader Optical - NEC AD- A DVD burner nbsp

A:C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please

Good, except for the E6600. Get the E6400 and overclock it (should overclock well with that board and your ram, without blowing up your processor in 3 years). Will save you quite a bit of money that way.

Also just a personal recommendation. Get the Enermax Noisetaker II 485W PSU instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c2d-build-about-to-order-my-first-ever-build-advice-please.58811/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi All
I'm Tired Of Still Formatting My PC When Evered Anew Build Is Released
Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Formatting ?

Thanks

A:Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Format

Quick Answer: Yes

You could upgrade from a build to another build but it is recommended to do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15285-can-i-update-win-7-build-build-without-format.html
Relevancy 33.97%

What's new in HitmanPro 3.7.7 Build 205 Beta:
August 26th, 2013

FIXED: Processing of ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad startup entries.
FIXED: Processing of Task Scheduler jobs.

Download

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitmanpro-3-7-7-build-203-3-7-7-build-205-beta.17869/
Relevancy 33.54%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I have trouble whenever start windows the start button appears as a white box and nothing appears on the desktop just the (just the background, no icons nor the gadgets) then I tried starting it on safe mode and did system restore however when it does start the mouse pointer keeps on appearing as working in background. I tried virus scan with ESET and so far nothing is detected. Tried task manager and saw nothing running (aside from virus scan, explorer and firefox)

A:Mouse Pointer trouble and startup trouble

Run sfc/scannow, see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198870-mouse-pointer-trouble-startup-trouble.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I tried looking this up, tried searching multiple ways and I am not getting an answer, so here I am.

Last night I cut 34.8 GB from one drive, pasted it to another. It said 50 minutes, I went to sleep. 8 hours later, it says 50 minutes remaining, so I hit cancel. It has now been canceling for around 30 minutes.

What can I do to stop this? Can I shut down? Will I lose all the stuff I'm moving?

A:Trouble pasting, trouble canceling paste

Hi valenz9,

My personal observation on above is that at times the system is stuck moving data if there are a large number of small sized files involved. It is usually advisable to copy and paste data first and then delete the unwanted data from older location for data security. However, as in your case you are already stuck moving the data and it is not responding anymore, I would suggest you to go ahead and End the copying process with the help of Task Manager (Right click on Taskbar and click Start Task Manager). Once you have killed the task, the data might be divided into two halves i.e. in old location and rest in new location. I would suggest you to utilize a third party data copying utility to copy the data in one place. Once such application is TeraCopy. Note that copying may take a long time if there are a lot of small files involved. Also, the program shared is neither recommended nor endorsed by Dell.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304295-trouble-pasting-trouble-canceling-paste.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Am not on Insider builds. Getting Error on Updates Your Insider Build Needs Attn........
Not logged in to a MS account.
Running anniversary ed upgrade from last release clean install, valid retail key win7
Running Norton Utilities 16, Spybot Anti-Beacon and O&O Shutup10, registry hacked to turn off Cortana
Everything Win10 that can be uninstalled is or is turned off in settings.

All I have seen is to fix if on Insider Build Program, any suggestions ?

A:Not on Insider Build but error message: Your Insider Build Needs Attn

Hello Pkshadow Welcome to the Ten Forums!

The prompting you are seeing is most likely to get you to notice and install updates that have been accumulating. Otherwise that is a strange one. You might have to sign into an MS account if you already had one setup in order to see that account's information updated on the change from Insider to Anniversary. That would then see everything synced properly.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/59865-not-insider-build-but-error-message-your-insider-build-needs-attn.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I dont know a lot about computers.My first build is corei7920.what is the best ram for performance? I will be using 6GB but I will not be overclocking.I just want to use the ram as it comes in the package at stock settings.ASUS P6T SE motherboard?GTX 260 graphics,antec 1200 case,300GB velociraptor,windows7 I have read that corei7 can only use ram at 1066 speed w/out o.c.This motherboard can use 1333 ram w/out o.c. I do not mind spending a little extra $ for good ram, but I am confused.Not overclocking because I dont know how yet.I have not bought anything yet.

A:Corei7 920 build (first build)

Type your motherboard into the right places when www.crucial.com comes up. This is a good standard for what you want, then build on that by going to other sites.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corei7-920-build-first-build.134107/
Relevancy 31.39%

I just got my income tax return back and now it's time to update my PC. Please bear in mind I'm a newb!

I want to keep the following:

1. Corsair 750W PSU,
2. Antec 1200 case, and
3. EV3A 460GTX 756MB GPU.

In other words I likely need a new motherboard, processor, cooling fan for the processor, RAM, etc. I don't know if I'll need a sound card or ethernet card or if on-board will be good enough. I've heard from a couple friends that Asus Mobos are good. I think I want to go to an Intel processor as that's what I've had to this point and it's done well for me.

What are your thoughts? Where should I start looking?

Thanks

Relevancy 31.39%

A buddy of mine is looking to build a new computer and turned to me for advice I got some help here last year on my build and I never did post a follow up so here s what I ended up with CPU Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz overclocked to Build Update New Help Build and GHz Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP -UD P LGA Intel P Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX GB overclocked HSF Xigmatek HDT-S mm Rifle CPU Cooler with Xigmatek Retention Bracket HDD Western Digital Caviar Black GB Build Update and New Build Help RPM CD DVD Burner Samsung X DVD -R DVD Burner RAM G Skill Build Update and New Build Help PI Black GB x GB DDR PSU Corsair CMPSU- TX W Thermal Compound Arctic Cooling MX- OS Windows Build Update and New Build Help Vista Ultimate -Bit Case NZXT Tempest ATX Mid Tower Monitor Acer X Wbd Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Speakers Logitech S- Multimedia Speaker System I m happy with the choice I made and never looked back The build went smooth and I m looking forward to doing another one in the future I keep myself up date on everything new that s out The only problem is that my friend is looking at cheaper products that I haven t looked into nor do I have the time Here is what he s looking for Budget No gaming He ll be using the computer for browsing the web hosting web sites and that s about it He does want a fast CPU though TB HDD He already has a monitor keyboard and mouse At least GB of RAM He would like to not have to upgrade for a few years He s majoring in a computer related field and he s a sophomore Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Build Update and New Build Help

As you know you'll get some great help here so I'll suggest that he consider an AMD build. For what he wants to do and his budget he can get a very, very nice build especially since he won't be gaming.

Consider the AMD AM3 Propus 620 quad core 2.6 GHz for $99.00 at NewEgg with free shipping and for a few dollars more there is the 630 @ 2.8 Ghz. Both chips are getting great reviews.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-update-and-new-build-help.139032/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello i want to build my own pc

Cpu:
Procesorius - Intel Core i7-4770, Quad Core, | TipTop.lt

Gpu:
Vaizdo Plok?t? - GIGA-BYTE PCIE16 GT610 2GB | TipTop.lt

Mother board:
Motinin? plok?t? - ASROCK B85 S1150 | TipTop.lt

Ram:
Operatyvioji atmintis - KINGSTON DIMM 16GB | TipTop.lt

1. HDD:
Vidinis diskas WD Red 3.5'' 1TB SATA3 64MB | TipTop.lt

2. HDD:
http://www.tiptop.lt/vidinis-diskas-wd-green-3-5-500gb

I dont know wich box i should use, here 2 options:

http://www.tiptop.lt/korpusas-logic-...su-psu-logic-2

http://www.tiptop.lt/korpusas-logic-...su-psu-logic-2

So is it possible to build pc with these parts?

Sorry I'm from lithuania and my online shops are lithuanian laguage. But Names of parts is in english

A:Build specs. Can you build it?

The issue I see: your mobo supports "ONLY" 4th gen CPU and your CPU of choice is a 5th gen (gen=generation). Even though the mobo is socket 1150, same as CPU, there may bay some firmware incompatibilities. Not sure if there is a BIOS update for the mobo to support 5th gen CPU's, which I doubt it does.

So you may want to consider a new mobo that supports intel's 5th gen series CPU's. Also; there's no mention of a PSU (power supply). I would also move up to a GTX 970 GPU....it's just a better GPU period.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/127578-build-specs-can-you-build.html
Relevancy 31.39%

to explain:
I am running windows xp and use a via vinyl ac'97 soundcard.
Midi control responds only after restart and only works for a fraction of a second.
I use a gameport adapter to connect to midi keyboard.
using programs fruity loops and audiomulch, both most recent versions.
Bios says midi is up and running, as does device manager.
Any ideas?
Is there a midi buffer that i'm somehow overcrowding?
Should I be able to see midi volume control?
Thank You from Somalia

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/midi-trouble-mpu401-trouble.595092/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello all I hope someone can help but let me first start out by saying I m very computer illiterate and get very nervous about trying to Trouble, Trouble Video Now Audio fix the PC A couple of months ago my monitor screen would get a greenish-overlay to it then switch back to its regular appearance I can still read the screen it s just a green pall for lack of a better word on the screen I thought it was the Video Trouble, Now Audio Trouble monitor and replaced the new monitor with an older one After booting up the computer the screen was normal until it reached a certain point in the startup and then it got the green overlay I ve unplugged the computer twice and when I ve turned it back on the screen starts normal and then gets the green overlay As if that weren t enough now today my audio has stopped working Video Trouble, Now Audio Trouble It worked fine last night so I don t know what happened The speaker icon in the tray has disappeared and I tried unplugging restarting and then plugging the speakers back in and nothing happened I removed the Audiotek drivers and restarted and the computer detected new hardware - Multimedia Audio Controller I selected Find Drivers and it tried looking online for a couple of minutes but came back and said it could not find any hardware for the device I know people will need more information to help so let me know what information is required and I will attempt to find it or ask how to find it Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-trouble-now-audio-trouble.128667/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a N-Router system, and an HP Laptop, and they were working fine up until last night when I was trying to get my DSi onto my router. I was changing things blindly and I guess I didn't change something back. I don't know what I did, or even if I did anything. My laptop says there is a connection, although it won't connect to it, so I think the settings are messed up, but i've tried changing the settings over and over again.

I am using Windows 7, and I very much suck when it comes to computer terms when talking about them. Sorry.

I have a WNR2000 router.

Thank you. Tommy

Relevancy 25.37%

Hi I would like to assemble new intel PC for browsing, viewing movies & little gaming, reading Ebooks. Price should be moderate. Please help.

I am in thought of go for Core 2 Duo, I need suggetion for Processor model, Mother model, Ram size & model(DDR2/DDR3), HDD model & brand.

A:Help me to build new PC

Hello
Can you please also let us know what is your estimated budget for this build? Also as Core 2 Duo is almost at EOL, I would suggest considering an Core i5 solution instead or perhaps going to AMD as well. However, I would rather wait for your answer on my question before posting complete system suggestions. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-to-build-new-pc.145014/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am currently using about a year old Dell Dimension that is showing signs of the mother board starting to fail My question is should I buy a complete new system or build a new one First of all the old Dell is not completely stock In the last year I Build Buy? or have added a DVD-dual Build or Buy? layer burner G hard drive and W PSU Seeing as I wouldn t need those items I am thinking of buying a case mother board and processor Build or Buy? then build my system around it I have never built a system from scratch but have always wanted to I m fairly electronically inclined and think it would be fun Having never done this I need some advice I am heading for trouble I look around and see the hoard of mother boards available and don t know Build or Buy? where to start I know I want at least a P at GHz Does anybody have some good resource links to get me started Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 25.37%

What sorta desktop system would ya build for about $4000 budget?
me...
case: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid tower
cpu: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 3.0GHz 12mb cache
mboard: Asus Maximus Extreme X38 FSB1600MHz DDR3 SATAII RAID
ram: Super Talent Extreme Performance PC14900 DDR3-1800 2gb 1866mhz bus
v-card: GeForce 8800 Ultra 768mb 384bit DDR3
hd: 2 Western Digital Raptor X SATA 150gb Raid 10,000 rpm 16mb buffer
monitor: Eizo Flexscan S2411W 24.1inch 6ms DVI 3000:1 contrast ratio LCD

A:What would you build with $4k?

Haha, isn't it fun to dream. :zzz:

For an all out gaming rig yeah the specs are pretty much bang on. Why not change the graphics card to the new GeForce 9800 GX2 1024MB :approve:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-build-with-4k.101649/
Relevancy 25.37%

My motherboard of 8 years finally fried and I need to build a new rig but don't know what's good anymore.
I already have PSU,video card case and HDD. Just need CPU motherboard and memory, and a recommendation on a new operating system besides xp. The PC will be mainly just for working some video editing possibly
Also will my nvidia 7800gt work in the the newer PCI expressed slots and will my older Santa drive work in the newer ones?

Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all I m in the process of building a new computer It has been almost weeks of hell Ordering parts putting everything together and having to replace parts Now I m having another problem Ok this is what happened I installed the new to build Trying pc. psu unit The pc of course didn t come on I checked to make sure the pin and the P V pin connector was fitted properly on the mobo I pushed the connector Trying to build pc. in and it came on as long as I kept holding it I pushed it in harder and it powered everything up Except the power button doesn t work the switch on the back of th psu doesn t work the monitor doesn t come on and the only Trying to build pc. way to get the pc to turn off is to unplug it I take out the P v Pin connector and when I pushed the power button the pc came on but it won t shut off unless Trying to build pc. I unplug it and the monitor still doesn t come on So far I think I have spent on trying to make this work I don t even know what exactly needs to be replaced and if newegg will send me replacement parts I m extremely pissed right now I attached photos of what it looks like in the tower nbsp

Relevancy 25.37%

What is the current version build of the official windows 7 ??

A:what build w7 ?

Quote: Originally Posted by atomicock

What is the current version build of the official windows 7 ??

7600 RTM, it's in the shops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/31629-what-build-w7.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all..was thinking of building a system for my son, then came across this...he's asking $650 with a clean install of vista...good deal or build my own...my son only has about $1000 to play with?
Case Antec P182
EVGA 680i
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
OCZ Platinum XTC Rev.2 PC2-6400 2GB Dual Channel Kit
PSU OCZ GameXStream 700W
HD Seagate Barracuda 320GB
VID EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 320MB 576mhz
OPT DRV Liteon DVD+RW SATA LH-20A1S
OS Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit
Integrated media card reader

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all,
and here's the story

I am wanting to build a gaming rig and have ?2500-3000 to spend

About 3800-4600 Dollars (i think)

So obviously Motherboard, Cpu, Cooler and ram are Essential
In The UK, Novatech.co.uk is one of my favourite places to shop.

So i'm kinda asking what would you go for???

I prefer Intel myself when it comes to graphics
And is this motherboard any good to start:-ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME Intel X79 (Socket 2011) Motherboard | 90-MIBHF1-G0EAY00Z

A:New PC Build

With that sort of money you'll have a great gaming rig. Just a few months back I built my first gaming rig for about ?2400 using a GTX 780 and the games look stunning. Coming from being a console gamer I always thought people exaggerated when they said PC blows console's out the water in the looks department but it's true.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/29794-new-pc-build.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys I just wanted to get some advice on some hardware for a new build im doing for a customer of mine I have been having issues with the products i purchased to i am sending them 9-7-10 build ~ New back Let me link what i purchased Seagate Barracuda ST AS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Crucial Ballistix GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model BL KIT BN Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz MB L New build ~ 9-7-10 Cache LGA W Dual-Core Processor BX E Rosewill Green Series RG -S W Continuous C PLUS Certified Single V Rail Active PFC quot Compatible with Core i i quot Power Supply EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Core MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card ASUS P P TD USB LGA Intel P USB ATX Intel Motherboard Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case comes with Three Fans- x Front Blue LED mm Fan x Top mm Fan x Rear mm Fan option Fans- x Side mm Fan newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E New build ~ 9-7-10 Everything looked New build ~ 9-7-10 fine but upon installation i had huge issues with stability Ram was bad mem was bad HD clicking video card stopped working motherboard causing BSOD Im now sending everything back The motherboard and the video card i read after i purchased it has horrible reviews so i asked for a refund The rest is going to be replaced I need a good motherboard very close to the same price of the original one I prefer Asus or Abit but will take a look at what ever you show me Ram compatibility is a must I need a good video card I prefer Nvidia and EVGA for the warranties usually lifetime Will look at anything you think is best The customer plays games COD WOW MW so i need something decent Hope to hear from yall soon Steve nbsp

A:New build ~ 9-7-10

Ah, I cheat and often use Tiger Direct's mother-board and RAM configurator web page. lol

From time to time I also use Cyber Power's custom configuration page for inspiration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-9-7-10.153013/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi, I just built my first PC. There have been some issues in the past, but I'm currently stuck on this one.

When I first power on the computer, it'll turn on for about 5 seconds, (Fans running on all components, the DVD burner light is on, etc.) and then it will shut off, turn on again and stay on. I don't know if that's an issue, but anyways, the computer has not posted. I've reset the CMOS a few times, and still it's not working.

The build is:
Asus P5K Mobo
Q6600 Intel
Palit Geforce 9600GT
Thermaltake PSU

I've tested it on multiple monitors and it still refuses to work.

Any ideas? I've tried it on cardboard, switching DVI ports, etc.

Relevancy 25.37%

So i have all my major components and have a price range. So far i have my CPU, RAM, MOBO and video card picked out. My total budget is 693.69, and deducting the components above i have $150.74 left. I still need a hard drive, good power supply and a case with adequate cooling. If you guys can help me one this with staying within $150.74 i would very much appreciate it.

Relevancy 25.37%

I want to build a new PC, following spec:-

CPU - AMD 64 3500+ 939pin
M/B - ASUS A8V
Mem - 2 X 256MB
O/S - XP Home

My question is, having put it all together and booted it up for the first time are there any recommendations regarding burning in the components? I haven't built my own before, but think it's time I had a go, so any other advise you could throw at me would be appreciated, what not to do, what to watch out for etc.

Peter
UK

Relevancy 25.37%

hi i just finished putting together a new pc i have a gb hard drive that i have used before gb of ddr a pentium ht processor with heatsink and a fan my floppy disk and my cd-rw drive all on my mother board my cd-rw drive does work when i only have the power cord plugged into it but it doesnt do anything at all when i have it plugged into the IDE cable the drive is set to slave its pc new to build trying on the same cable as the hard drive the trying to build new pc hard drive is in the IDE slot on the motherboard by the way i have a ECS L VXA motherboard that supports HT the cd drive isnt by biggest problem though i finally put my stick of memory into the slot and i powered up my computer and NOTHING well my hdd light comes on but the green power light does not come on my bias doesnt even start up my computer monitor stays neutral with an orange light on it i have a mb video card from ati a radeon idk if this has anything to do with plug and play though i had pci cards installed on it before but i removed those and rewired my entire motherboard with the tower over again after i removed the pci cards the only card i have in my pc is the AGP Radeon i mentioned earlier could someone please help me or lead me in the right direction of what trying to build new pc i should do thanks tony nbsp trying to build new pc

A:trying to build new pc

It sounds like the hdd led and power led cables are crossed.
Try setting your CD drive to cable select.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-build-new-pc.530247/
Relevancy 25.37%

new comer and was wondering build or buy price wise wats better under a 1000-200 kinda budget im gonna get a new one or build one but want advice I have some knowledge and would rely largly on recomendations so any suggestions would be goo also im rather good with building thing so yeah

A:Build or Buy

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

For your budget you can certainly get a lot of computer.

I`d deffinitely say build. This is because you`ll get a lot better bang for your buck, also you can set up your system exactly the way you want to. Building in future proofing as you wish. Choosing the components and priorities you want.

Look HERE for a step by step guide on how to build a pc.

If as you say you`re good at building, then this should represent no problem to you. Also you`ll learn a lot about the hardware side of computers in the process.

If you are fairly confident, then go for it.

Good luck and happy building, regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-or-buy.25835/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am thinking of buying one of these, and could use some input.

I'm not a gamer, but might be in the future.

The prices are about the same ( within $100 - to pay to have the bare bones one put together and get OS) but I think it has better components and the case seems to be better suited to upgrades.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

1. Bare Bones - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...dsPerPage=5&body=REVIEWS#CustomerReviewsBlock

2. Mfr - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1277082&Sku=SYX-1113

Relevancy 25.37%

Hey to all who want to help I am currently running a Dell Dimension Ghz Gig HD Gig RAM ATI Radeon X PRO all or Buy? Build running on WinXP It s about years old and has been fine running all games up until now I ran Mass Effect and Bioshock well enough to finish them but I am noticing Build or Buy? a big need to upgrade I have been looking at Dell and Alienware but the more research I do the more I want to build my own PC It saves money and I can pick parts I want not ones the company Build or Buy? forces you to choose My only problem is I ve never built a PC before Is it worth the risk dealing with my budget Build or Buy? of around or should I just go with an Alienware and run with the pre-chosen NVIDIA i mobo Is there a site that walks you through a computer build like this Or should I find someone who can help in person Any help is welcome and appreciated Thank You John nbsp

Relevancy 25.37%

hello well ok i m trying to build a pc i m pretty new to this stuff so i checked out a few sites i couldn t find quot and s guide to pc.... to build trying pc building quot anywhere i really want to do this right now i have a emachine w in front of me i have all the parts when i hooked everything up it wouldn t even turn on all i see is a little red light trying to build pc.... on on the motherboard i doubt i ll get any serious answers to this i ve tried quite a few message boards maybe someone could point me in the right direction if not thank you anyway oh and happy th giddy oh yeah and as for my other pc which is kinda old packard bell multimedia i try to boot and i get an error something like quot invalid system disk quot or whatever its like it doesn t recognize the hard drive could someone also maybe tell me how to get it to boot from my hard drive or set it up in bios sorry i know i m asking alot and probably not even in the correct part of the site to ask nbsp

A:trying to build pc....

Hello, welcome to Techspot!

Ok, do you mean you've already got all the parts to build the pc, or you have your emachine tore apart and are doing a "test run"?

Can you say exactly what happens? Do fans spin? Do led's come on? Does the cd drive open/close?

What hardware are you working with?

Second question, do you have a floppy in the floppy drive in packard bell?
IIRC, a floppy in the drive will give you that error, and I guess a bad hd(or disconnected hd).

Here's a pc building guide page.
One for intel, one for amd.
http://www.hardwarezone.com/guides/intel-socketT/
http://www.hardwarezone.com/guides/amd-socket939/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-build-pc.28018/
Relevancy 25.37%

Which one would be better?

Mother Board
MSI Z97 Gaming 3 Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard (4x DDR3, 6x USB3.0, 6x USB2.0, GBE, LAN, HDMI, DVI, DP, VGA): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Ram 16GB 1600Mhz + This
Corsair CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2400Mhz CL11 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Red: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 4GB

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 -3770 3,4GHz.

OR

Mother Board
Asus H170 PRO Gaming Motherboard (Socket 1151, DDR4, S-ATA 600, ATX, PCI Express 3.0, USB 3.1 Boost, Stainless Steel Back I/O): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Ram
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 2400 Mhz CL14 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 4GB

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 -3770 3,4GHz.

Also are these builds compatible?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128729-need-help-new-build-please.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello I would like to build my own computer I have been watching videos of Carey Holzman on youtube and he explains it very well I found a DYI kit off of newegg com website with these parts Rosewill Galaxy- Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case comes with Three Fans- x Front Blue LED mm Fan x Rear mm Fan x Top mm Fan Top mounted USB Port Model Galaxy- ASUS B -PLUS LGA Intel B SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS Model B -PLUS ASUS GTX TI-O- GD GeForce GTX Ti GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Video Card Model GTX TI-O- GD Rosewill CAPSTONE- W Continuous C Intel Haswell Ready PLUS GOLD ATX V v amp EPS V v SLI CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply Model CAPSTONE- Intel Core i - Haswell GHz LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I Model First New - Ever Build Build BX I Kingston GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model KVR N S Model KVR N S Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH- DB BEBE Model SH- New Build - First Ever Build DB BEBE For It s a packaged deal I don t think i can swap out components Has anyone purchased a DIY from Newegg Would New Build - First Ever Build I be able to use this computer as a gaming system that would play games like battlefield Call of Duty Ghosts I want to keep the cost of the computer down I dont know if i can get it to work so Any suggestions ideas thoughts would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:New Build - First Ever Build

Everything that you have wrote down looks fine for an alright gaming PC for 600$. you will be certainly be able to run new games with about 40-50fps...

a good suggestion would be a upgrade to 8GB of ram because most new games require to operate but if you're on a budget 4GB would be a enough.

The hard drive is good for storing games,movies,music and all that good stuff.

I have a GTX 650 ti boost (just a-bit better than what you're getting) so the card you're getting is very good for its price.

You can compare cpu,gpu and ssd
at:

Cpuboss.com
Gpuboss.com
Ssdboss.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-first-ever-build.1116518/
Relevancy 25.37%

Ok so I m new to all this Here s my build Case http www newegg com product product aspx item N E Motherboard http www newegg com product product aspx item N E Video Card http www newegg com product product aspx item N E Processor http New Build: Please Help My Rig www newegg com product product aspx item N E PSU http www newegg com product product aspx item N E RAM http www newegg com product product aspx item N E HDD http www newegg com product product aspx item N E DVD-Drive http www newegg com product product aspx item N E TOTAL PRICE Does anyone have any recommendations I m aiming for the best I can build right now because I m a heavy PC Gamer and most of the games out now I have to run at low settings to get them to My New Rig Build: Help Please run fine Is all of this compatible Also is there anything being under-utilized in this build like can the Motherboard not utilize the full power of the RAM or can it use better RAM I m really striving for the most powerful gaming rig not counting SLI-ing at the moment although leaving that as an option would be nice I d like it to be SLI-capable for future upgrades and be the fastest processor at a reasonable price I don t want to pay over for a GHz per core increase Thanks for any help you guys and gals can offer nbsp

A:My New Rig Build: Help Please

Looks like a good rig. There are no problems with your selections that I can see. Great power supply.
ASUS is very picky about the memory in that model. Be sure the memory is on their recommended list at the web site.
The Western Digital is fast, but not as long lasting as the Seagate with the five year warranty.
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-new-rig-build-help-please.103014/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi, I wanna know if My build will work properly and if need some tweaks

Motherboard : Asus, Z77, DualDDR3-1600, SATA3, RAID, GBLAN, ATX .
CPU : Intel Core i5-3570, Quad Core, 3.40GHz, 6MB, LGA1155, 22nm, 77W, VGA, BOX
GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC, 2GB DDR5 (256 Bit), HDMI, DP, DVI, BOX
RAM : DDR3 Kingston HyperX blu 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz CL9
HDD : HDD SEAGATE SATA 1TB 7200RPM 6GB/S/64MB ST1000DM003
Case : Fractal Design Core 3000 USB 3.0
PSU : Corsair CX 600W, Modulinis, 80 Plus Bronze, 120mm

It costs ~742 euros.

Waiting for your opinion )

A:PC build

well first off you are going to want to switch to a different model Corsair PSU. the CX series are NOT made for gaming and cannot handle the stress. I would be here for PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010

And if I remember correctly you need an i7 for the 760 to work at full potential, with the i5 you might get a slight bottleneck.

As for the HD have you considered adding an SSD for the OS and certain games?? it will make a HUGE increase.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-build.1117949/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi im new to this website so sorry if this is in the wrong forum I had a look around and this looked like the best place to post So i ve decided to build New pc build build a pc first time and wanted to make sure the parts I have chosen are all compatible and New pc build whether I should change some of them Im hopeing to spend no more than about - and would like to buy everything off as few websites as posible uk based aswell Here are the parts I have chosen so far Asus P Z -V GEN Socket DVI VGA HDMI Channel Audio ATX Motherboard - not yet bought http www ebuyer com -asus-p z -v-gen -socket- -dvi-vga-hdmi- -channel-audio-atx-motherboard-p z -v-gen Intel Core i k GHz Socket MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor - not yet bought http www ebuyer com -intel-core-i - k- - ghz-socket- - mb-cache-retail-boxed-processor-bx i k utm source google amp utm medium products Corsair Memory Vengeance Blue GB DDR Mhz CAS XMP Dual Channel Desktop - not yet bought http www scan co uk products gb- x gb -corsair-vengeance-blue-ddr -pc - -non-ecc-unbuffered- - - - -xmp- v GeForce GTX - have bought Sharkoon T Mid Tower ATX Case - Blue - not yet bought http www ebuyer com -sharkoon-t -mid-tower-atx-case-blue- Coolermaster GX W PSU -not yet bought http www ebuyer com -coolermaster-gx- w-psu-rs -acaae -uk I havent decided on getting a - GB SSD or A TB HDD I do have a GB HDD ATM but it s almost full I m also not sure if i should get a CPU fan If i have missed anything please mention also will i need to buy any wired or cables Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 25.37%

I am going to attempt to build my first gaming pc. I am unsure about the compatibility of components though. I am not a computer expert. My main question is related to the graphics card: if my graphics card has 2gb ddr5 ram, does this mean I have to use ddr5 ram on the motherboard ( i intend to buy 2x4gb ram) for the graphics card to work properly and the pc?

Relevancy 25.37%

Hi im a kid that wants to build a pc and im pretty sure i got the right parts.
Here are the links to the parts of the pc i wanna build for everyday simple tasks such as reading emails, surfing the net, and sometimes watching videos on youtube. Im somewhat a amateur at this.... Also is everything right? Would you replace or suggest anything? What do you think of it? Any help would be appreciated! When you go to the links dont copy the name of the part at the end of each link.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] CatId=2851 CPU

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] CatId=1533 Motherboard

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] CatId=1554 RAM

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] 8&CatId=88 CD drive

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] &CatId=139 HDD

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] CatId=1842 Case

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] dy=REBATES PSU

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] &CatId=494 Fan

Relevancy 25.37%

well now my poor old BFG mobo had a bit of a hard time when I installed my new GPUs so I had to :) New build go for a total rebuild Pretty much everything got the treatment My s went to GTX s which caused the prob in the brginning when my mem New build :) controller got whacked To cure it I went to a new PSU then a new mobo which needed new DDR mem and I thought what the hey so I got a couple of TB drives as well The new system compoments went like this Asus striker NSE Mobo x GTX GPUs SLI Absolute W PSU dedicated GPU leads much easier Gb x Corsair DDR mem x Gb SATA drives as x and Tb RAID disk x SATA TB disk Samsung Generic New build :) floppy drive Still use em SATA RAID card From the old system I kept Q CPU x DVD writer SATA Coolermaster Cosmos case Habu Razor mouse I like it G keyboard port USB hub I had my backups so all was well there I took out all the olds installed the new mobo GPUs gubbuns and went for a startup waiting for the flaws to set it You know what It booted perfectly Eveything recognised XP went on no probs Vista went on which for some reason gave me a BSOD with the IRQ error but on restart all went ok After that its installation time for everything So the question A perfect rebuild a perfect install Asus have been restored in my opinion after a bad bad experience with a striker mobo Now has anyone clocked this type of rig yet Asus have a crazy setting which I have yet to try but any thoughts also what sort of D Mark should I be getting on standard Cheers all nbsp

A:New build :)

Glad everything worked for you. Maybe asus is coming back in quality/quality control. I have had a number of problems with asus boards in the past.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build.751947/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi everyone i am planning to build a new pc using parts that i have and buying some others This is what Pc New build i plan on building Could you please tell me if all these parts are compatible and there are no obvious errors to people more experienced than me Thanks W ORYXX quot TITAN quot SILENT DUAL V RAIL PSU W Max output V A VSB A V A V A - V A V A Sapphire ATi HD Display Output Dual DL-DVI-I HDTV Core Clock MHz Memory Clock MHz Mbps New Pc build PCI Express x bus interface MB bit GDDR memory interface Single Slot Active Cooler HDMI compliant via dongle Audio Channel Support Microsoft DirectX support Shader Model support Motherboard Intel G Express Data Bus Speed MHz x PNY PC GB DDR DIMM MEMORY Processor Intel Core Duo E CPU Socket Type LGA Operating Frequency GHz FSB MHz L Cache M shared Manufacturing Tech nm That is all i have planned at the moment if you need any more details please ask and i will reply when i wake up tomorrow morning Thanks in advance for everyones help nbsp

Relevancy 25.37%

Ok guys if i get this right I wont need to ask questions and i will be ordering the parts for my new system.The purpous for the system is gaming, but i will also do a fair bit of photo and video editing.Oh ye and i also live in Ireland but i can order the parts in from england. The spec:

AMD II x4 965BE
MSI 790Fx-GD70
Patriot G Series 4GB (x2)
Corsair H50
Antec 1200
Samsung Spinpoint 3
LG CH10LS20
HIS HD 5770 (x20)
Huntkey X7 900W
Tenda Wireless-N PCI
Windows 7 Home Premium

So i f anyone is kind enough (but i know that u are all so kind:haha to post a suggestion, comment or just what they think of my build p;ease do so and after i finished building I will post a few pics of it

Nik11105
wave:Bye Bye:wave

A:Need help on a new PC build

Personally I would go for one of the Western Digital "Caviar Black" SATA 2 (or 3 now available in 1TB) HDDs (capacities from 500GB to 2TB).

I just bought a "Sony Optiarc" SATA (24 X) DVD burner @$24.00 USD, seems decent.

Other than that, I know little to nothing about AMD, so you'll have to get your "first second opinion" or is that "second first opinion", from the next no so innocent bystander.

Just a couple of your brands are unfamiliar, but there are other members here from the U.K. who might be able to help.

Oh, and welcome to Techspot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-a-new-pc-build.144479/