Windows Support Forum

Firmware update for Linksys WRT54GL

Q: Firmware update for Linksys WRT54GL

This is a follow up in a way I had asked about the N-routers and how to get good reception in a large house Based on the responses and reviews of this router Linksys WRT GL I chose this one router to do the trick with the option of installing another one upstairs to increase coverage if needed The price of of these was cheaper than one N router or a router and repeater The Lisksys software is pretty lame I was able to get my computer hooked up fairly easily but my roommate could not get online which is more important as update WRT54GL for Linksys Firmware I am on the road all the time and he is stuck at home I Firmware update for Linksys WRT54GL reset the router before I left so hopefully he can get himself hooked up before I get home in days The coverage seems great I get very good or excellent in all corners of the house I see things about installing a second party firmware to improve it further Any suggestions about which firmware and details about how to update and use this firmware Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Firmware update for Linksys WRT54GL

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Firmware update for Linksys WRT54GL

You need to find out why your roomate can not connect. Is it becasue of bad coverage? But, you said the coverage is great. If it is a secure network and your roomate is using the correct password/key, and if the coverage is great, then some setting issue must be dealt with in the roomate's computer.

Why do you need third party firmware for your router? That may not solve your roomate's problem, becasue as I said, it could be in roomate's computer. I have heard using third party firmware on Linksys gives much more features. One of them is to increase the power out of the router. But, again, all those feature may not help you with the problme that your have.

First do this on your computer, then on roomate's:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

{credit johnw}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-update-for-linksys-wrt54gl.593865/
Relevancy 104.49%

I currently have a Linksys WRT54GL router version 1.1 with Tomato-mlppp_v125-mp3alpha6, but I would like to reflash it to a more updated Tomato firmware.

I see that there are Tomato several mods by Shibby and polarcloud. Can someone recommend a good Tomato firmware for my router?

Please note that I think this model has (16MB RAM, 4MB flash), so the firmware must be able to fit in 4mb of flash.

I just don't know which of Shibby's builds that will work properly without bricking my router as there seems to be an issue getting the correct firmware that will fit in the small 4MB flash of the WRT54GL router ver 1.1

Thanks.

I found Shibby's firmware version tomato-ND-1.28.5x-117-VPN.trx and I reflashed my router with this. The flash stated it was successful, so I'm going to give this a try and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-linksys-wrt54gl-router-ver-1-1-new-tomato-firmware-needed.1150414/
Relevancy 77.83%

When I go to http://192.168.15.1, which is the Linksys webpage for my Linksys RT41-BU wired router, it shows the firmware version as 1.01.0

A firmware update at the Linksys site has the filename RT41_BU_1[1].1.0.003_sym_code.bin

I'm not really sure if this is an update for the current version. Can someone decipher the file name and tell me?

Also, would updating the firmware be of any benefit?

(I'm brand new to routers, so don't hold my "newbie" comments in this thread against me )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 77.83%

I just recently updated my firmware on my linksys router WRT54G with the new version of linksys firm ware and now my router does not work. I can not access the GUI under the ip address 192.168.1.1. I 've tried to reboot the router using the 30/30 method that is suggested by Linksys, but I still can not access the routers GUI. Please advise if there is another method to set back the routers firmware.

A:Update firmware on Linksys router WRT54G version 2

Try 192.168.1.0.

I don't believe that the router saves any copy of the old firmware to set back to.

I'd recommend the DD-WRT firmware.

Was it the wrong firmware? Was it for your chipset version? Was the firmware for G, or GS, or other?

Read this: Recover From A Bad Flash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-firmware-on-linksys-router-wrt54g-version-2.1035793/
Relevancy 77.83%

Got this info from another board.
Go here and get a firmware update for this router==version 1 and 2. There is good reading also:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16416

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-update-for-linksys-router-befsr41-and-other-models.237230/
Relevancy 77.83%

HELP...everytime i try to update the firmware,it the bar goes half way then it stops then it goes to a page that says there was a error in downloading the firmware

and i need this update cuz its causing problems with online gaming

A:My Linksys Befsr41 V3 Router Wont Update The Firmware

The most updated firmware for that router is from 4/01/2004. Maybe your router already has that firmware on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-linksys-befsr41-v3-router-wont-update-the-firmware.81534/
Relevancy 77.83%

Current My Firmware Is DD-WRT v24 std

But.. Now I Need Restore to Original Router Firmware

Where I Can Download Original Firmware ? ..

A:How-to Restore Original Firmware WRT54GL Wireless-G Router

Here you go:

Linksys by Cisco - WRT54GL Support

I've got one of those. Something wrong with the latest firmware?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182201-how-restore-original-firmware-wrt54gl-wireless-g-router.html
Relevancy 77.4%
A:What is better? Linksys WRT54G2 or Linksys WRT54GL?

The Linksys WRT54G2 router is now discontinued.

Reviews for both porducts can be found on here:
Reviews | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router (WRT54G2-UK)
Reviews | Linksys WRT54GL 54Mbps Broadband Wireless-G Linux Router (WRT54GL-UK)

If you're going to buy one then I would get the Linksys WRT54GL as it is still current. It also has good reviews according to Broadband Buyer. I have worked on these before and I didnt have a problem with it. Good pieces of kit tbh.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199916-what-better-linksys-wrt54g2-linksys-wrt54gl.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I was looking for some answers to a few questions before I buy the hardware to a bridge I want to setup.

The setup I want to use is 2 WRT54GL using DD-WRT firmware setup in bridge mode.

I am looking to bridge these routers from about <400 feet away.

My main question is, since the WRT54GL has 2 antennas, can one antenna be setup to receive and the other setup to transmit. If so, I should be able to replace one of the omni-directional(transmit) antenna with a directional antenna.

From anyone with bridging experience, will this setup work? Please note that these are simply bridged routers and don't need to serve any wireless
clients.

Thanks for any replies ahead of time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-cisco-wrt54gl-dd-wrt.159194/
Relevancy 74.39%

So I finally replace my DI- piece of junk with the WRT GL and it has been fantastic No more disconnects through the day Anyway I have a question about QoS I ran a speed test and got my up down numbers and plugged them into QoS kbits s down kbits s up Those are of the lowest figures I got running the speed test Last night I decided to try and max out my upload and play a game to see how QoS handles the traffic I setup dst port as high priority and torrents at lowest with question Linksys and WRT54GL Tomato QoS priority I took off the cap of kB s upload QoS question with Linksys WRT54GL and Tomato in uTorrent and let it go as fast as it can and then fired up team fortress At first my ping was ms I then lowered the upload speed of kbits s in QoS to something like and got my ping down to ms No matter how much more I lowered the upload speed my ping would not go below ms Then I put the cap back on uTorrent and my ping went down to ms what I usually ping on the server uTorrent was pretty much the only program uploading so QoS question with Linksys WRT54GL and Tomato I had plenty of free upload speed when the ping went down to ms My question is is the ping being twice as slow a result of the extra processing necessary to prioritize traffic when it is maxing out the value you plug into QoS Thx Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new nbsp

A:QoS question with Linksys WRT54GL and Tomato

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit www.StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/qos-question-with-linksys-wrt54gl-and-tomato.663094/
Relevancy 74.39%

I've had my router for three days now and have only managed to establish an ethernet connection with my computer two times. Of those two times the wired connection lasted only a couple of hours before being lost, but the wireless connection always remains stable. A weird thing I noticed when setting my router for the first time was this: The led indicator for ethernet port two was always on and, indeed, remains always on despite there not being any connection in the port.

On my first successful connection I could only manage to get a signal through port two (with ports one, three and four giving me no such luck). With my second successful connection I managed to get established through port one while port two's led, as always, remained lit.

My question is this: Could this led be indicative of some hardware problem?

A:Linksys Wrt54gl: Led for ethernet port two always on.

Sounds like the router has a problem, this is probably a warranty replacement item.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wrt54gl-led-for-ethernet-port-two-always-on.895858/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey all new to the board and am pleased to have found such Linksys Motorola Solved: WRT54GL SBG900 + a Using a great resource My issue is the following I m using a Motorola SBG Cable Modem which also includes an integrated wireless router I ve always had my share of issues with the wireless networking though signal drops overloading connections and such so I decided to pick up a trusty old Linksys WRT GL on Ebay and install DDR-WRT on it planning to let it handle the networking and wireless part instead The setup now works just fine Wireless is disabled on the Motorola cable modem and handled via the Linksys Solved: Using a Motorola SBG900 + Linksys WRT54GL router The only issue I m having is Port Forwarding I assume that the Motorola modem uses its own Port Forwarding system which in itself uses a different routing table than the one used in the router and thus sees the Linksys router as its only client What I m trying to do now is disable the address table allocation in the cable modem and have that job handled by the Linksys router alone effectively bypassing the router part of the modem entirely If anyone out there has experience with Motorola modem router combos there an easy way to set this up If not general pointers would probably help to push me in the right direction Thanks in advance for all your help nbsp

A:Solved: Using a Motorola SBG900 + Linksys WRT54GL

Hey all,

figured it out myself.
Here's what you do:

Go into the Motorola setup interface (mine was at 192.168.0.1)

--> Gateway
----> LAN tab, Disable NAT

... then reboot both the router and the modem. This will automatically pass the connection through the modem to the Linksys router, disabling all address allocations and letting you set ports from the Linksys config directly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-using-a-motorola-sbg900-linksys-wrt54gl.804331/
Relevancy 73.96%

Quick question:

Actual installation looks pretty easy... but one probably silly question:

Will Tomato retain all current settings on my router, or will I have to set it up again from scratch? If from scratch, is there an easier way to ensuring I get all my custom configurations, then from going screen to screen and writing it down? I do periodically back up the config - will Tomato recognize that file?

Anything else I should know? This will be a new adventure for me...

A:Installing Tomato on Linksys WRT54GL question

is there an easier way to ensuring I get all my custom configurations, then from going screen to screen and writing it down?Click to expand...

Go screen to screen and save screen shots.

I doubt that the new firmware will recognize the old configuration file, but you may as well try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-tomato-on-linksys-wrt54gl-question.1037569/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello,

I have a Linksys router and we are using the Talisman/Basic 1.3.1 firmware from SVEASOFT. I want to use the Access Restrictions to stop my 2 kids' Mac laptops from going on the Internet from 11 pm to 5 am. I think I understand how to set up the Access Restrictions--I have two rules, and the first allows access to their MAC addresses from 5 am to 11pm, and the second rule blocks access to their MAC addresses. However, under the Status tab, under Router, it says Current Time: Not Available. So I think it doesn't know what the time is, or it understands the time to be different from "real" time. Anyhow, whenever I enable the second rule, they lose their Internet access, even if it isn't 11:00 pm. (I've just tested a couple of times, not all through the day.)

Does anyone know a way to set the time for the firmware?

Thanks!

Relevancy 73.96%

Hello everyone This is my first post on this website I hope someone knows this situation as well perhaps even a solution It goes like this I have an ADSL connection I ve recently thrown out my old EDIMAX router since it s been giving me a problem... weird WRT54GL Linksys Solved: A really hard time not doing what it should I purchased a Linksys WRT GL Wireless Router in order to use it as a wired wireless device for the various computers I have in my house I ve followed this guide I read somewhere about setting up my ADSL modem through my router and to my wired computers I connected my own PC to one of the WRT GL s LAN ports not the WAN one accessed it cloned my PC s MAC address and Solved: A really weird Linksys WRT54GL problem... changed its IP from to Next I connected my ADSL modem to my router s WAN port and left the connection between my PC and one of my router s LAN ports It would allow me internet access supposedly through my router This should ve been the final step disconnecting my router and my ADSL modem taking them downstairs where all the house s network cables are and reapplying step only this time I wanted to plug in my PC again and my brother s PC both to LAN ports of course The problem is I did not have internet access anymore How can that be It s not like anything happend while going downstairs I did connect my PC with a different cable this time but it didn t say anything about quot a network cable is unplugged quot Perhaps I need to configure my WRT GL s advanced routing I d really appreciate anyone s help on this Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Title says it all
I quite want the belkin one because it's cheaper but apparently the linksys one is more reliable
The belkin: http://*******/vkw0F4
The Linksys: http://*******/ughnQE

A:BELKIN Wireless G Router Vs Linksys WRT54GL

Linksys I would choose...

{Currently have both Belkin & Linksys routers here.

Have found both reliable & offering great support.}

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200665-belkin-wireless-g-router-vs-linksys-wrt54gl.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello I have a LINKSYS WRT GL v router and have been having issues for a Linksys Solved: connection router WRT54GL long time with it I m sure I changed a setting and hosed it up but I have no clue what the issue is Basically we have an HP desktop with an ethernet connection to Solved: Linksys WRT54GL router connection the router which is connected to a cable modem connected to Comcast We get internet fine for the most part but once in a while it will hang up so we used to bounce the modem I started bouncing the router a while back and that seemed just as effective Anyway we have OOMA phone voip and an HP printed connected to the router as well via ethernet Also a little weather doohicky This is already getting wordy but to cut to the chase the phone service was fine for months then went to crap and the internet is touch and go I m on now obviously but in the system try there is a red X for network internet access We have a lot of wireless devices that connect fine - laptop iphone zune and my wifes laptop for work connects using VPN over the router as well My son s DSi won t connect however and in the connection test it connects with a green wireless signal box then it goes red and the test says it failed to connect I am going to go ahead and paste the results from ipconfig all here and hopefully that will help I see a message about the media not being connected remember this is a wired connection the desktop uses windows btw Any ideas why the Ooma phone won t connect at all now Also I noticed the router is configured as a gateway and not as a router - but that is the default when I restore to factory settings what s that about Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users HP Desktop gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HPDesktop-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd fl comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NCP Secure Client Virtual NDIS Adapter Physical Address - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd fl comcast net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - B- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f d bc c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - B- - - - B- - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd fl comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd fl comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a d Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap C A -F D- E -BDF -D C A A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users HP Desktop gt nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,

Im using a Linksys wrt54gl wireless router and i wish to integrade probably a software or something to disable those who are connected to download movies, watch live videos , youtube any some porn sites any idea how do i do that? It has the original firmware installed.
Please help me people

A:Linksys WRT54GL how to integrate a firewall to lock some webs?

You need a content filtering service to do what you want. It comes at a cost so don't count on getting it for free and it is normally a device you purchase to put between your router and the LAN.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wrt54gl-how-to-integrate-a-firewall-to-lock-some-webs.1026255/
Relevancy 73.1%

Good morning I am trying to setup fowarding WRT54GL port modem Zyxel and 660 Linksys my Zyxel 660 modem and Linksys WRT54GL port fowarding router and DSL modem to forward ports Currently the modem is not bridged All internet access seems to be working fine from both my desktop and laptop I have tried port forwarding using the modem and router web interfaces but had no luck with the internal tests as well grc com port testing indicates they are not open I have tried Zyxel 660 modem and Linksys WRT54GL port fowarding using the modem to forward the ports directly to my desk top as well as trying to forward Zyxel 660 modem and Linksys WRT54GL port fowarding them to the router and then on to my desktop I have tried forwarding all ports through the modem and then on to my dekstop as well I am trying to uninstall ZA software firewall but WinXP is not letting me A reinstall of my OS may be forthcoming soon I am also a little confused at how my DHCP is actually working because the modem is assigned and the router is Both devices are setup as DHCP servers which my ISP tells me is not a conflict but it seems like it could be to me Like I said the internet connection is working But the modem is listing the router as as a DHCP client When I tried to change the router address to the modem interface became unreachable by telnet or by web Bizarre Current Setup Zyxel EQ R fmware TI AR Embarq WRT GL fmware ZoneAlarm v Couple of questions then I have heard quot bad things quot about bridged modems and my ISP does not want me to do it for security concerns I have seen in posts that many people do this anyway what are the major drawbacks Do forwarded ports need to be routed through all devices that I use to access the WAN or could my modem bypass my router and send ports directly to my desktop Suggestions about DHCP setup Any other thoughts about how I might make port fowarding work Thanks nbsp

A:Zyxel 660 modem and Linksys WRT54GL port fowarding

Since you have two routers, and you don't want to bridge the first one, try this:

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zyxel-660-modem-and-linksys-wrt54gl-port-fowarding.562356/
Relevancy 73.1%

Ok Have done a load of reading up on this amp other sites Total newbie to networking amp this is st time of Linksys router - functions? WRT54GL Any way full enabling I ve tried to setup a network so pse excuse any dumb questions or incorrect terminology This unit was supplied to me free by a company called SamKnows as part of a paid trial to monitor ISP performances This link hopefully explains the situation http www samknows com broadband pm faq html faq- Basically it looks like they ve installed their own software which allows the unit to act as a internet connection monitoring tool but disables all other functions Device is Linksys WRT GL V Am trying Enable full functions so I can use to connect desktop and laptops either wired or wirelessly to file and print share as well as internet connection Report - I can connect desktop and laptop wired using Ethernet ports and connect the Linksys to an ADSL modem both computers can then access broadband connection no problem However if I run the Linksys Setup prog to install the orgi software it fails to complete amp gives error msg Unable to connect to router If I try to access the web based GUI - I just get page not found error Using the adsl modem with router connected I get the Setup page for the adsl modem has same default address Actually spent hours online amp phone to Linksys Tech Support didn t mention that I d got the unit through rd party amp it had been modded somehow Basically he went Linksys WRT54GL - Any way of enabling full router functions? through all the setup tried the reset IP addresses ping tests disabling wireless adapter on laptop etc At the end he concluded that the router was knackered and gave me an RMA to return for repair replacement Problem with that of course is presumably they d suss it had been modded and this would Linksys WRT54GL - Any way of enabling full router functions? invalidate any warranty I might have with them Not sure what b g info is relevant so just ran Belerac and copied any bits I think may be Desktop is a home build XP Pro SP system Board WinFast MCP M MA FAB Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG gigahertz AMD Athlon X Dual Core kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Net Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Laptop is an Acer Aspire G - Board Acer Inc Makalu Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Acer v gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Communications - HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP TO Adapter Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethernet Controller Intel R WiFi Link AGN Be real grateful for any advice like is it going to be worth the hassle to try and flash the router Or is it not possible due to the unknown software that s been setup Thanks Pete nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

folks, for the summer I need to monitor, not necessarily block traffic on my WRT54GL router.
This router is new to me and one feature that is extremely limited is the logging. It only gives addresses in the numerical format [Outgoing log] and does not carry much history, no timestamp, no log-full-send function. My older cheaper netgear did a much better job of this and frankly I miss that function.

I need a logger that will simply record/store/fwd ALL outgoing addresses in their www format [i.e. http://forums.techguy.org/newthread.php"]

Anyone got a recommendation??

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,

An electricity outage somehow messed up my linksys router.

Basically, I can only connect to it with a wireless device if I do a static assign for the primary gateway as 192.168.1.1, the usual subnet of 255.255.... and a static IP like 192.168.1.110 which is within the range of the linksys router.

Like this I can connect fine.

Yet, setting the IP to automatic in Windows XP, it does not recognize the router, and the autodiscovery does not work. I could live with this if I only had a laptop, but I also have an SPH101 Netgear Skype phone, whcih recognizes the network but cannot connect. I suspect because of this IP issue.

Could you help me resolve this issue so that my wireless devices can connect with autodiscovery and DHCP again?

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, I have a version 8 of that router. I understand you must upload the driver via the 192 address. Does it matter if I'm on 32bit or 64bit OS? Is the driver just on the router not on my computer? thanks.

A:32 or 64 bit for Linksys firmware?

Originally Posted by Vista_32bit

Hi, I have a version 8 of that router. I understand you must upload the driver via the 192 address. Does it matter if I'm on 32bit or 64bit OS? Is the driver just on the router not on my computer? thanks.

No, just download the firmware and do the update. It doesn't matter which version you have, 32 or 64-bit.

And you're not uploading the "driver", you're uploading the "firmware", there's a difference.

Firmware is directly applied to the hardware (in this case, the router), whereas a drivers is applied to the OS. Once the firmware is applied, it can't be overwritten by the OS, even if you replace or reinstall the OS. A loose example of a firmware would be a BIOS update.

Hope that helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/222351-32-64-bit-linksys-firmware.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey all I ve got a Linksys PCI wireless card in my rig WMP A few weeks ago I installed the latest firmware via windows update i know very bad I did not relieze that windows update had already downloaded the file and when I installed directx it firmware... Linksys when ahead and installed it Now I get a message the firmware Linksys firmware... of the card is too old or not suitable for running in your enviroment The utility is going to update the firmware of your card message all the time When I attempt to let the firmware via this warning window I get a error message stating This image will not work on the selected card I can t do a restore because directx was installed at the same time as the firmware update and my attempts to uninstall reinstall has done nothing to take care of the firmware warning The linksys website does not have a firmware update any for that matter to download The card works fine but the message is annoying Any ideas where I can score an older version of the firmware and how do I install it Thanks in advance G nbsp

A:Linksys firmware...

Any ideas where I can find an older version (any version for that matter) of the firmware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-firmware.134402/
Relevancy 63.21%

Does anyone know where I can download (for free of course) a copy of Linksys Firmware version 1.50.8 for the Linksys router model WRT54GS v5?

Since a newer version of the firmware for the router is out, the Linksys website does not seem to have version 1.50.8 and I need that version for some of my other software.

Thanks in advance guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-firmware-v-1-50-8.662246/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all.

I have got a Linksys router (WAG354G) that has been playing up so I decided to upgrade the firmware. The problem is that when I go to select my router it has two firmware options.

I need to know what “Annex A” is about and also what version I should install. At the moment I'm using 1.01.03.

Any help appreciate.

A:Linksys firmware

I do not not know what &#8220;Annex A&#8221; is but it is for or WAG354G V1.0
Then there is a WAG354G V2.0.

So there only one firmware for your router. Your have to look at your router to see what version you have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-firmware.513489/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am thinking of changing the firmware of my Linksys WRT54G router to the open source application of Tomato.

http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato

Has anyone done this?

Based on post at lifehacker.com, the hack is supposed to give your router more features and allow you to tweak the router's settings.

http://lifehacker.com/344765/turn-yo...er-with-tomato

Any thoughts?

A:Linksys router firmware

Give it a try, but keep another router handy in case something screws up. Come back and tell us how it went

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-firmware.101624/
Relevancy 62.78%

We have a Linksys EA6350 Router, we had to unhook all
connections about 2 weeks ago. And now we have to reinstall the firmware.
We have downloaded the firmware for this Router, but
we get a message that says "the file format is invalid or
unsupported" whenever we try to open this.
Do we need to open this or is there a different way
of installing the Router firmware.
Help really needed
Thanks, Jone

Relevancy 62.78%

Does any one know where I can download the firmware(1.0.04) for a Linksys E3000 router? The Linksys site does not have it for download. I downloaded firmware from dd-wrt and my router doesn't work.

A:Linksys E3000 firmware

Have you tried resetting the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/327826-linksys-e3000-firmware.html
Relevancy 61.92%

found this on a newsgroup re bad firmware updates recommending DOWNGRADING to v Dec version text follows I ve tried upgrading to the latest Firmware from the linksys site is the current version - but I m still having problems The BEFSX is a tragic beast It is a fabulous piece of hardware that never had firmware that really did it justice I am going to suggest you try the v firmware revision All the x versions of the firmware have definite BEFSX41 firmware issues Linksys showstopper bugs in them amp seems to be the most trouble-free of all the Linksys BEFSX41 firmware issues firmware revisions available Thanks for the advice on the firmware I was mistaken before I was in fact using I had previously been using and I tried to upgrade to Linksys s latest firmware to see if that would fix my problem - it did not So I reverted to the v Dec version I could not find this version on the Linksys website - so I got it from here http www broadbandreports com forum remark There is discussion of the most stable firmware version from Jan here http www broadbandreports com forum remark mode flat They also suggest or - with the new UI nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-befsx41-firmware-issues.54947/
Relevancy 61.92%

I did a firmware upgrade on this router to 1.46.02 and now the router does not respond am I out of luck? or do I have another move to set firmware back to original?
Thank Bill

A:BEFSR41 Linksys firmware upgrade

I was able to sign on with my cable modem go back and get the original firmware version download it, then plug in my router and do the upgrade or in my case downgrade back and looks like all is working now, guess I will know for sure when I reboot all my pc's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/befsr41-linksys-firmware-upgrade.414403/
Relevancy 61.92%

I recently upgraded my wireless-n gigabit router model number wrt310n to the 2.0.01 firmware and now i dont have any wifi and i cant access my routers webpage to downgrade it back because the admin password isnt working now for some reason. is there anyway to get back on or do i ahve to get a new router?

Relevancy 61.92%

I'm always looking to tweak things and this seems like it could be cool and fairly easy. Has anyone else done this?

What kind of benefits can I see if I use this?

http://lifehacker.com/software/router/hack-attack-turn-your-60-router-into-a-600-router-178132.php

Relevancy 61.92%

I bought a used Linksys WRT54G v8.2 router and I would like to replace the stock firmware with DD-WRT, because Linksys -- I should say Belkin now -- hasn't brought out any firmware updates for this model in a very long time.

The problem is that the idiots at DD-WRT's official site are being very unhelpful & not cooperative.

I just want to know what version I need to get from the FTP site that is in one of the articles, and they keep stating read all 4 which I've done multiple times and still have no idea.

They wonder why they are getting a bad rap, is because they are annoying new users who want to use their software.

I may just start saving up and get the RouterBoard wired/wireless router down the road.

edited language - moderator>

A:Linksys WRT54G v8.2: Want To Upgrade The Firmware To DD-WRT

i have edited your post - this is a family friendly site -so please avoid this type of language
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wrt54g-v8-2-want-to-upgrade-the-firmware-to-dd-wrt.1088438/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Linksys BEFSR41 ver3 Cable/DSL firewall router.
I can access it OK, but each time I go to instal the most recent firmware, I get an error code..'incorrect host address' if I use the installer or error code 'Warning! upgrade file pattern error' if I upgrade through the router.

I have double checked to make sure I have the proper upgrade, and have sucessfully flashed this router in the past.
I reflashed the router with 1.05.00, which is what I started with and it accepted it.
But still does not accept 1.46.02

It seems the firmware version numbers have a bit of 'distance' between them and I do wonder if the Linksys posting is correct:
LINKSYS

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Relevancy 61.92%

I was updating my firmware, then I power cycled and now the power LED is flashing which indicates a firmware problem. I have no clue how im am supposed to fix this. Im plugged directly into my modem (sprint 660). I printed out directions on fixing it and I have the right firmware downloaded and tftp, but I just don't know how to fix this. Techguy, your my last hope before a new router, help!!!
Thanks,
Bulletz

Relevancy 61.92%

I recently decided to upgrade the firmware to my Linksys router. Although I wasn't technically experiencing any issues before the upgrade, my previous version did not include WPA encryption like the newest version.

Since I performed the upgrade, my connectivity is lost anywhere between 2 and 6 times a day. I have isolated this issue to the router by directly connection the computer to the cable modem (no problem then persists). Additionally, the WPA encryption never worked. Whenever I applied a WPA PSK, for some reason, the wireless signal would decrease to virtually non-existent.

Do I need to downgrade the firmware? Does anyone know how I go about doing that?

Thanks!

KCC

Relevancy 61.92%

Hey everyone I was just installing the latest firmware upgrade for the linksys router I run off of Everything was fine at first but then the page just went blank I am able to connect and everything but when I got to the page issue Upgrade Firmware Linksys I get this Quote mj a L lt u X d W u J ' m G quot O O M B iu- aa i quot h quot lt eG j S SL o E G U k D quot S - U quot z v Y n quot V V J oUkq w rN FA Q amp F W s D D y F k k hJ Q m V U A fjW amp ul Y gt i g Linksys Firmware Upgrade issue ND lt i amp u Zn p Ql yR l PPg l s E L P N f a A a U XDjB amp u - Q x H ie yI lt t lt T dLP AAW I X b z Cl t C Z WxL V lt X D quot T f L C E n o y P p o lU P t Tu d v E JC gt LE M B I c mv H Q f quot I ac z bD b SYV Routing htm Service htm WtStaLan htm r a StaRouter htm l StaWlan htm dSysInfo htm Traceroute htm B XUnauthorized htm UpLangPak htm UpgStat htm Upgrade htm O O U gt j H s p z X S wprF re quot S X f A R LY x W -TZ h X J Dnj - b u O C S Z f C o w A R C L e- U Eg amp z x -Te E l gt p amp S p f yB v IrN N FC G I cv lt eT P lt quot O c F H s q A W n i I W xa D F V G C W o Hy Xeu k aI n amp l D X N O n G bw w md Gc p W'cy v x 'X Pm R S PY z n Z Mln z quot x N F gt n U hs I lt A t h G g amp H T c - Bh J iRD f E J k-y p Y m tc M J X q N N Gd x b amp a Q P X amp x P k b Ak E e h i Ow F t IU j w I ny e S ik s O Cl v J g a y I K u n w 'G lt n P Q U wd V v ae OUCp B Y W U s R amp H Q H N K He Q Z D D Ty i e q T l j P U WrZ F Y uc l A gt i D kJ S U w Z B Q H I ZdA - L r p b Q m f l Y Ar w ' N Ljag e J Lq quot s H Ng j - FkP quot X 'x xf lf m B u o kZe amp X He F amp gt X S J b N mr x fz I S g K un c x F eE m A B y Bl Pg lt W a P V Z J G kR X nB X gt oY Oa J-H v amp lt r O QB S Om u e U VS VEu SQ x gt n e M I C W f O quot z Y F l M E O zW t Q C ' U e Sp X g f S j X A Wc n d NVp k K Ba z d p S x i c Pm y a t Gmn g f x R j U Q T g j quot qs Ms p gt wu N lMZI Q mkn s E amp W o JjLl L Ji sWH gt - RuM P JP v s o lt m I LrdJo K i U Ls B A ba Z aEg - x rM UEn u-tX k C j W w zfw u b K h H by I S gt MdU L gEG kR gt L x q gt K 'p j u v Cf A d amp H h F s E A S gt v E u H L d Dm wq S l Lq l C 'oe K it s q h N k j J G K G k h dn Cc Q h lt e F y z e w F t p p n o n quot mCg y G quot D e o ' aAIuF q c xl W B q E z b k mc s LU P c W P c hJP amp g X A G lt A An Bx E Sr V RF e n jA yz BJ v lt gt I g i quot D l oz G lt hw u I c j I Z R d W B MOW I D U - amp p gt f mo sN a P Q n H crp vS k f h D z SXW - C U a q u j UAF kY wq p I B s F PO W e J s F t K quot s V Z F iZ V J A L k kW cVV YdL OW Q E I Q s R ox i UV xx m z CZ o C F n Vv p d I d c U F D R Rh u nC gt lt H R UG o RL X f g amp Y z f F lz gt k U a l y Nv quot L F V p quot dS Q gt amp T Q jo f e x v i p u k L z k y c Cdw c A amp J S qm i MC Q g w D' -b C P f e NDi ' v sTI K e n z b x L ktv Z io W U G gG k Wh r quot u Mv A g D w quot zA D T M -w i j w U u N L s p q t R w uciV e m H F q XJ - yl RJp VKU k d l lt u P H s E gt quot quot b w O gt l Ry u F Us g quot c F vA pg SU Yj b lO X - YjK That doesn't make me to comfortable anyone got any ideas about what it is and how to fix it

A:Linksys Firmware Upgrade issue

Try resetting the router, by disconnecting the power for 30 seconds or so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/65786-linksys-firmware-upgrade-issue.html
Relevancy 61.49%

At first somehow firmware of my Linksys wi-fi router BEFW S was corrupted Contacted Linksys and was able to access procedure pubslihed on web to recover the router firmware The proceudure requires the LAN port of the PC that connects to the problem router be changed to mb s and half duplex link and speed before the upload The change has been followed and the upload was executed successfully The LAN port of the PC used for cause failure firmware ipconfig Linksys upload firmware upload was normalized to quot auto detct quot At this point a seocnd PC was used in place of the first PC The network equipment were then powered OFF in sequence PC router and cable modem The network equipment were then powered ON in reverse order The same PC was then used to configure the Linksys router to the same status before it was corrupted The same PC was used to access the internet world thru ditect cable connection to the router with success Another PC with wi-fi connection to Linksys firmware upload cause ipconfig failure the router was used to access tthe internet world and it was a success too Now the PC was configure ro access the router thru Wi-Fi It was also confirmed the network connection was working perfectly alright for quite a long period of time with no diconnection problem Somehow tried Linksys firmware upload cause ipconfig failure to issue ipconfig in the cmmand mode and the following messge was received Windows IP Configuration An internal error occurred A device attached to the system is not functioning Please contact Microsoft Product Suppoet Services for further help Additional information Unknown media status code Found one possible related item with Microsoft support site http support microsoft com default en-us but not explicitly as described in above I have executed the ipconfig command with PC and without any trouble all times I can't recall what I have done with PC in only two occassions I was able to the execute the command successfully All I recall was that PC was left for more than hours before it was booted and the wi-fi connection between PC and router was properly linked Without doing anyhting I was able to get the ipconfig command through command mode PC was then used to access the internet All subsequent ipconfig commands issued with this PC failed Somehow I am not able to repeat the same success with the same procedure To conclude the router is working properly PC is able to connect to router thru wi-fi without problem and is able to operate properly except has trouble with ipconfig command other PCs are working fine and have no issue with the ipconfig command looks like the problem was caused by the linksys upload procedure Anybody has the idea what is the problem and how it can be rectified Thanks for looking Julian p s the site that publishes the linksys router recovery procedure is as below http intl custhelp com cgi-bin in ted

A:Linksys firmware upload cause ipconfig failure

Have you tried removing the wireless NIC and reinstalling it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/linksys-firmware-upload-cause-ipconfig-failure-82371.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok...I am using a linksys wrt54gs router ver. 6 and it says I have to update my firmware (because the power light just blinks and i can not connect to the internet). The company's website

http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...SZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3

says i am suppose to download the new bin file for the new firmware and it says i am supposed to go to this web address to complete the update http://192.168.1.1 So I downloaded the firmware update but the problem is i can not connect to that page. i get an internet explorer can not connect. WTH?! how can I fix the firmware problem if the companies own website for the router is down? any suggestions because i am clueless. If you do have another way please be specific because I am not exactly tech savy. thank you for your assistance.

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi Folks

I need some help/advice on this topic. I need to expand my wireless network. I have tried to configure this router using instructions I found online (like the DD-WRT site). Does anyone have any bulletproof instructions?

I would appreciate some help on this.

Thanks-George

Relevancy 60.63%

I was about to upgrade one of the drives from 100G to a new 250G. While I was transferring stuff out on the network, I noticed that my firmware was significantly downlevel.

While attempting to upgrade my Linksys NSLU2's firmware, I inadvertently powered it off (while setting it back in its stand).

The ready light is blinking green and orange, ethernet is glowing green and the NSLU2 doesn't see either of the drives attached to it.

I've tried to:
get into it via ethernet, no joy​restart it, no joy​reset it using the reset button for 10, 20, 30, & 60 seconds, no joy​
Have I completely hosed this thing? Is there any hope of getting it back?

Thanks for any help in advance...

A:Help! Power Glitch during Linksys NSLU2 Firmware Upgrade

Have you gone through the firmware update again, sounds like you have just stopped the copying process mid-track, or at least had one file corrupt during copying?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-power-glitch-during-linksys-nslu2-firmware-upgrade.469506/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I recently bought a Linksys WRT54G wireless router, downloaded latest firmware from linksys.com, tried to install latest firmware version, I connected directly from my computer to this router but when it was on 80/90% it suddenly lost connection and it never complete firmware upgrade

So when I went back to the administration window I could not access and then came very strange characters and administration was not accesible, however router was working for having internet connection and some other features.

I have also tried pushing RESET button, but still the same

How can recover back firmware to have access to the administration/remote console?

Thanks.

Relevancy 59.34%

I have just gone through a major network insanity which began with me trying to flash firmware to my Linksys WRT54G router. Now, even with it hooked up to my main router, I cannot access 192.168.1.1. What I was attempting to install was DD-WRT through the web admin. Outside, it appears to be functioning like normal, no signs of any bricks. I can even access it through wireless, but haven't tried out internet connectivity.

Help needed!

A:Solved: Linksys WRT54G refreshed during firmware install, cannot access or ping

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-linksys-wrt54g-refreshed-during-firmware-install-cannot-access-or-ping.844477/
Relevancy 59.34%

Well I was just about ready to throw my new laptop out of my window today after trying EVERYTHING I found on-line about the slow download speeds with Vista My XP works fine but put my Vista next to it and watch the grass grow for accessing sites or downloading I also have VoiP and when I was on the support line with HP today I noticed that my SLOW Old Vista!!!! with firmware WRT54GS CAUSING Linksys Download Solved: Vista worked lightning fast when I was on the phone After the tech checked my system and could find no issues and we ended the call S L O W speed again I made another phone call and WOW FAST speed while conencted Solved: Old Linksys WRT54GS firmware CAUSING SLOW Download with Vista!!!! on the phone After checking with my VoiP provider they suggested I contact Linksys to inquire about a possible router problem When I went on-line to Linksys I found a firmware update for my - year old router I decided to download the firmware and IT FIXED THE PROBLEM YEAH I know this is a very popular wireless router and imagine many who purchased this while using XP and now upgraded to Vista I can get some sleep tonight nbsp

A:Solved: Old Linksys WRT54GS firmware CAUSING SLOW Download with Vista!!!!

Look at the top right of your question - under Thread Tools - mark this as SOLVED. Others' may stumble on this same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-old-linksys-wrt54gs-firmware-causing-slow-download-with-vista.692687/
Relevancy 55.04%

Can a Firmware Update and or Driver A Update Reversed? Firmware Printer And/or Can Update Be drivers on printers be reversed I am new to BleepingComputer so I do not know which Forum to post this to as this issue involves multiple forums Hardware HP Printers Software Firmware amp Drivers Operating Systems running Windows and Windows XP At my workplace we have many HP Printers on the network HP sent me a link promoting HP Easy Printer Care I figured I would try it big mistake because I take care of all of Can A Printer Firmware Update And/or Driver Update Be Reversed? the printers in our building So this Easy Printer Care tells me that there is updated Firmware for my printers So I get the firmware and install it Of course HP didn t really explain how to install it I had to look it up to actually do the install After installing it HP tells me that the Firmware Updates still need to be updated Now the end users are having problems when they print Multiple users are having the same and or different problems The problem that has the most reports to me are When someone is printing a document and they want to change it from portrait to landscape they click on properties and receive an error message that reads Function address x e a aa caused a protection fault exception code xc Some or all property page s may not be displayed Click OK Then another windows pops up saying Operation could not be completed Click OK The function address is always different for different users or systems The exception code is always the same The User cannot make any changes in order to print I have tried a hard reboot on the printers to default back to factory settings but nothing seems to change Am I doing that correctly Does anyone have any suggestions Please advise Thank you Gloria B

A:Can A Printer Firmware Update And/or Driver Update Be Reversed?

You can go to Device Manager and find the printer and in properties it gives you the option to "roll back" the driver to a previous version. A firmware update and driver update mean 2 different things, to me anyways. My understanding is a firmware update offers "improved" instructions to the onboard chip of the device. What does HP say about the problem?
Mark
'

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113664/can-a-printer-firmware-update-andor-driver-update-be-reversed/
Relevancy 52.46%

For those with any of the following, OCZ has issued a series of firmware updates for the OCZ Vertex 3, Vertex 3 Max IOPS, Agility 3, Solid 3 and RevoDrive 3 bringing the firmware towards version 2.22,

OCZ Technology

For those with Windows installed on it the USB stick method works very well (and easy to set up),

NEW! - Bootable tools for OCZ SSD's

List of resolved issues (as well as a direct download link) can be found here),

OCZ Vertex 3, Vertex 3 Max IOPS, Agility 3, Solid 3, RevoDrive 3 2.22

A:OCZ SSD Firmware update for...

Thanks! My Agility 3 will appreciate this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/227342-ocz-ssd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Aspire E 14. Last night, I saw I have 1 critical update for firmware v1.17. When I clicked the update button it just says "updating" It just goes on and is not stopping. I closed the portal and a window appears saying reflashing. I saw it did reflash up to 100%, but why won't the critical update notification disappear on Acer Care Center portal? I also checked update history and the firmware is not yet included. I tried it again the next morning, clicked the update button, but still, it just says updating and can go on until you close the portal.  Any solution? Did my Aspire really did reflash? It seemed nothing has changed. Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Update-on-firmware-v1-17/td-p/443847
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, I have recently purchased an "Onyx Portable Media Player" by "Mach Speed Technologies". I installed the included drivers and software and am currently upgrading the firmware. The update window says "SigmaTel MSCN Firmware", so I'm assuming it's licensed by SigmaTel. It's updating from version 000.000.000 to 880.282.433. The window's progress bar seems to be stuck at "Initializing", with no advances made in the main progress bar but the smaller one constantly filling and then refilling. Is this just going to take a long time or is there something wrong?

I can provide a screenshot if needed.

A:Firmware update

Is this the media player firmware or motherboard?
Why did you feel the need to upgrade the firmware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-update.580681/
Relevancy 52.46%

I don't know much about firmware updates as I never had to do it but my DRW-2014L1Tburners are giving me some coasters in vista x64. Not 1 coaster under Nero 6 in xp pro.

I got the driver update listing in the sticky, went to the asus site to check on a firmware update for my burner's for x64 vista and there are 3 hopefully that will eliminate the coasters.

My question is: If I get the updates for the 64-bit vista will that interfere with those drives when I use xp pro ?

thanks,
kevin

PS: I use swappable drives; switching between vista x64 and xp pro.
only keeping xp for gaming and Nero 6

A:cd/dvd firmware update ?

Originally Posted by kem

I don't know much about firmware updates as I never had to do it but my DRW-2014L1Tburners are giving me some coasters in vista x64. Not 1 coaster under Nero 6 in xp pro.

I got the driver update listing in the sticky, went to the asus site to check on a firmware update for my burner's for x64 vista and there are 3 hopefully that will eliminate the coasters.

My question is: If I get the updates for the 64-bit vista will that interfere with those drives when I use xp pro ?

thanks,
kevin

PS: I use swappable drives; switching between vista x64 and xp pro.
only keeping xp for gaming and Nero 6

no the firmware should be backwards compatible

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/244741-cd-dvd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Aspire E 14. Last night, I saw I have 1 critical update for firmware v1.17. When I clicked the update button it just says "updating" It just goes on and is not stopping. I closed the portal and a window appears saying reflashing. I saw it did reflash up to 100%, but why won't the critical update notification disappear on Acer Care Center portal? I also checked update history and the firmware is not yet included. I tried it again the next morning, clicked the update button, but still, it just says updating and can go on until you close the portal.  Any solution? Did my Aspire really did reflash? It seemed nothing has changed. Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Update-on-firmware-v1-17/td-p/443847/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.46%

Trying to update firmware on blu-ray but frm file will not write in Vista says I need supported writing software. What exactly do I need to do this?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263518-update-firmware-blu-ray.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I periodically check the website for my router to see if there are any new firmware updates. I checked it today and every time i try it says :
A New Version is Found. Do You Want to Upgrade to the New Version Now?

Firmware Version:
Current VersionV1.2.0.8 New VersionV1.2.3.7

I click Yes.
It then tells me that the update failed.
Any suggestions?

I am running an XP machine.
I have Verizon DSL.
I have a Westell model 2200 modem and a netgear wnr2000 router.

Any other information you need i will try my best to provide. Just ask.
Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

Okay I want to update my DVD-rom Driver due to it update.... Firmware having a difficulty playing LOTR-FOTR Special Edition Here s a link to LG s site http ca lgservice com index b c jsp Link doesn t work Got to www lgservice com than to Canada than to device driver dvd-rom scroll down to LOTR-FOTR Special edition Will tell you Firmware update.... there Now I know that I have to download the files from www bootdisk com for Dos After I do this do I double click on the files from Firmware update.... Bootdisk com and send them to a floppy Firmware update.... disk Than after that the files from LG s site I put on this Bootable Disk Restart the computer type in the command and let it go If I do this wrong is there anyway of screwing up my Bios I have a Dell computer and don t want to screw anything The Lg Dvd-rom I bought seperatly and installed myself Someone help me on this or was the above correct nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte CD-RW. model GO-R5232B. I downloaded a zipped Firmware of the same model from the Gigabyte website. Is it safe to update my hardware with this firmware even it has not encountered any problems for the past two years?

Tony

Relevancy 52.46%

Could someone please tell me the manufacturing web site for MATSHITA CD-ROM CR-586 and OPTORITE CD-RW CW4802 so that I could do a firmware update??????????????????????????????????????????

Relevancy 52.46%

Im not sure how to update my firmware. Im having trouble burning CD-Rs with nero 7.0 because it keeps coming up with this calibration error. I posted that thread in this same forum ( http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/453562-nero-issues-data-disks.html)
but it just leads to this new question about updating my firmware because it might be a possibility. Im also running SP1.

I went to this page called "the firmware page" link- (http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php) and searched for my Disk Drive but had no luck in finding it. Even if I were to find it, how would I go about updating it, and how can I tell if its up to date?

Im running win XP and it is a Toshiba Qosimo laptop e15-av101
I looked in my computer/cd drive/ properties to see the name of my drive and hopfully I have the right one, it is a

MATSHITA dvd-ram UJ-830s.

Relevancy 52.46%

I have installed Open Wrt Bin file on my WR703N Mini portable wifi device. After that it doesn't broadcast WiFi Signals. But Through the LAN cable and using ftp i can connect the Flash memory. Please anyone can help me to Update to my Old Firmware version using FTP. I have my old firmware version's bin file. Pls help to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-update-help-big-one.1034960/
Relevancy 52.46%

Dear Users,
Netgear WGR614 v7
Please advise on why I can't update the firmware. Every time I get the message that the upgrade has failed.

Arturo

Relevancy 52.46%

Laptop is a Dell Vostro 1000 with XP Home SP3. Just installed a Crucial SSD. Works great. Tried to install a firmware update; not so great. Following the instructions from the Crucial site, I downloaded the update (it's an ISO file) and burned it to a CD. In the BIOS, changed boot order to CD drive first. Restarted the laptop. No joy - Windows still boots to the desktop. What could be wrong? I know almost nothing about using ISO files. TIA.

A:SSD Firmware Update

CD-image ISO files have to be written to CD in a special way, if you just copied the ISO file to a CD like a normal file, that won't work. There's a free app for creating a CD from an ISO file, it's called IMGBurn: http://www.filehippo.com/download_imgburn/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ssd-firmware-update.1073966/
Relevancy 52.46%

O K when originally wanting to do an Upgrade to Windows i used VM to check it out When i decided after alot of research to do the upgrade i used Windows upgrade assistant The message i receved on compatibilty was only one problem Your PC Firmware doesn't support secure boot so you won't be able to use it in Update Firmware Windows Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database Sure anyone who has UEFI like me received this message Firmware Update using this upgrade assistant Through many hour and days of research on internet and other forums nobody seems to know how i can update my firmware neither ASUS could advise me or Microsoft To me i figured it should be a BIOS update but no new ones are available for my system So since i had no answers i decided just to do an install of Windows Pro bit clean install works well faster then Windows So far i like it Only clue i have at this point was a site i found Knowing my BIOS is a American Megatrend http www ami com Products BIOSandEFIFirmware AptioV Not sure if this is an answer to be able to do a UEFI install of Windows Pro again to get full use of secure boot GPT Partitions but this is closest clue i got BIOS stuff and flashing it can always be risky rendering the motherboard inoperable causing major issues that i do not want to do If anyone knows anything on this and can help with it would be very much appreciated i am stumped on this i would like to take full advantage of my system for now i can not TY by way ASUS Essentio cm Intel i ghz Motherboard P H -M-PRO

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508279/firmware-update/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys I have a Samsung SH-S222L. Should I upgrade the firmware to SB02?

A:Should I update the firmware?

Are you having a problem the firmware upgrade corrects? If not, leave it alone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-update-the-firmware.876024/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi everyone. I would like to know if i should update the firmware on my ssd. It is not brand new, maybe 3 yrs old. ocz technology. I have neve done this. So i need to know how to figure out exactyly what i have and if i even need to.

any help would be much appreciated

A:update firmware

I don't see any harm in updating firmware. But please identify the firmware that you would like to update and what exactly are your doubts about doing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/228604-update-firmware.html
Relevancy 52.46%

ok ive checked a bunch of sites and i wanna get my routers firmware to 3.43 so that it'll be primed for halo 3 tommorow. the problem is when i try to download i end up with a 505 error message saying: failed to change directory

Can anyone help?

Relevancy 52.46%

I have an Olympus Evolt-500 that won't update the firmware. I'm running XP pro with a DSL internet connection. I've talked to every tech support person Olympus has and they don't have a clue what's wrong.

It will recognize the camera and lenses but it will download from 50% to 83% of the firmware update, then a message pops up and says no connection to server and everything shuts off. They had me try the download with no firewall on and using just the modem no router. I've used Olympus Viewer, Olympus Master and Olympus Studio Trial version and they all download about the same amount before they shut down.

I'm open to suggestions at this point.

Relevancy 52.03%

HP-Update FIRMWARE update problem?
I got some critical update for my Seagate 320 gb hard drive?s firmware. I went to download an process the update, later it asked me to insert a blank disk. Well I don?t have a blank disk but I hit bootable cd anyway thinking it would create some file on the hard drive. Well obviously that?s not what it had in mind because my disk drive opened, I shut the disk drive and it started saying writing data to disk. HOW could it do that with no disk. I couldn?t close it. It then said installation succesfull. What the heck. I restarted my computer to see if I had screwed up my system and it seams to be running fine. Have I screwed up my hard drive? Did the dang update install? Can I delete these firmware updte files lying around on my desktop? Please help me????

A:HP UPDATE FIRMWARE update problem?

Originally Posted by GreatNate

HP-Update FIRMWARE update problem?
I got some critical update for my Seagate 320 gb hard drive’s firmware. I went to download an process the update, later it asked me to insert a blank disk. Well I don’t have a blank disk but I hit bootable cd anyway thinking it would create some file on the hard drive. Well obviously that’s not what it had in mind because my disk drive opened, I shut the disk drive and it started saying writing data to disk. HOW could it do that with no disk. I couldn’t close it. It then said installation succesfull. What the heck. I restarted my computer to see if I had screwed up my system and it seams to be running fine. Have I screwed up my hard drive? Did the dang update install? Can I delete these firmware updte files lying around on my desktop? Please help me????

It is ok.

I dont know what happened, but You HAVE to burn the bootable disk, and then boot into it after a restart in order to update the firmware.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/220828-hp-update-firmware-update-problem.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to update but after some time it shows fail. firmware v 1.17 to improve touch pad

A:firmware v1.17 update failed plz help me

laptop model?which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/firmware-v1-17-update-failed-plz-help-me/td-p/427016/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey. I am wanting to update firmware for my dvd burner. I know it is a NEC DVD+-RW ND 3650, but after that i have no idea how (or even if I can) update its firmware. Any help would be great thanks!

Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to update but after some time it shows fail. firmware v 1.17 to improve touch pad

A:firmware v1.17 update failed plz help me

laptop model?which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/firmware-v1-17-update-failed-plz-help-me/td-p/427016
Relevancy 51.6%

I see there's a firmware update out for the C50-30 with security updates noted in the changelog. Has anyone updated the firmware on a C50-30? Did it all go according to plan and the enclosed instructions? More importantly -- if it went wrong, how easy was it to recover?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/C50-30-SMMgate-firmware-update/td-p/3369769
Relevancy 51.6%

Helo,   I have issue for updating Me Frimware on my desktop Hp dc7800p small form factor whenever I want to update it an error occour in command prompt showing that'' Error: could not know the last update for Me Firmware '' tell me what can i do .. i have also upadated bios to V 1.5 ...                               waiting for reply                                          thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/ME-Firmware-Update-hp-dc7800p/td-p/5829227
Relevancy 51.6%

I did what it said to do in the instructions (I thought) and now my computer won't recognize the external backup. Here is the link to the enclosure.

http://www.startech.com/item/SAT352...ATA-External-Hard-Drive-Enclosure-w-RAID.aspx

How can I reflash the thing if I can't see it?

A:Firmware update problem

Try the external enclosure on another computer. Was the enclosure configured in a RAID configuration?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firmware-update-problem.142978/
Relevancy 51.6%

Can't seem to find an answer to my question - Does the firmware update mean I have to reinstall windows? I have done firmware updates on other devices in the past, but not on a "boot" device, so just need an answer.

Edit: According to samsung it does not wipe HD, but just wanted people who have done an "inplace upgrade" to answer.

Edit: It worked fine through magician.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71269-samsung-850-evo-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Ye hi i have downloaded from Zyxels home page the latest Firmware and now my question is how do i update it? Because when i open the containing folder i have three files bin, pdf and rom. In the pdf theres just some information about what is new in the update and so on, but how do i open the two other files, i mean they are too small to be burned on a disk!!

A:Zyxel Firmware Update

You perform the firmware update from within the router's web user interface. Log into the router and there should be a option under one of the menus to upload new firmware to the unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zyxel-firmware-update.1020088/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all I have problem that I couldn't start windows(Only in safe mode) I recently installed HDD firmware(Barracuda Green Firmware Update) My disk is st1500dl003-9vt16l AND i recently installed MYSQL "mysql-5.5.8-win32.msi" I think problem is with HDD update ? And I don't want to refresh PC because there is Imporant job on some programs left.

A:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA After HDD firmware update

Uninstall Mysql and see if that fixes your issue. if not, I suggest you contact Seagate support because they do warn that firmware upgrades can damage data on the hard drive if procedures are not properly followed. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/28422-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area-after-hdd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i have been trying to update the driver firmware for my pioneer dvd writer and im having a problem running the software the drive is the Pioneer DVD-RW DVR- and im trying to install the firmware version i think its called filename DVR FW B EXE i follow the vague instructions from pioneeraus com au and run the exe file and it comes up with a command promp window and i get a dialogue box pop up in front of that titled DVD Drive help Firmware update R/RW quot DVD R/RW Drive Firmware update help UPGDVD quot and it DVD R/RW Drive Firmware update help says quot available target is not found quot i also tried to update the driver through device manager but there is no inf file that i can find on the net so im pretty sure thats a no go if anyone knows a way around this problem or if there is another way to update my driver i would be very greatful if you could help im running xp with a P gig CPU with gig ram and a gig HDD cheers nbsp

A:DVD R/RW Drive Firmware update help

First of all a firmaware update is not a "driver". all optical drives use the windows native drivers and only MS updates that. I have never seen a firmware update as you describe open a command prompt window. if Pioneer actually uses this method then you will probably have to set the command prompt to the location of your drive. ie; type the locaion ( drive letter of the drive you are updating) if your pioneer is the D drive then you would type D:\ and then press enter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-rw-drive-firmware-update-help.52360/
Relevancy 51.6%

When I receive this drive will the Firmware have to be updated before use or, can that be done later on if needed? Thanks! SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5&#34; 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive &#40;SSD&#41; - Newegg.com

A:Firmware update question on ssd

Hi,

You can update the firmware before or after, I would suggest it would be better doing it before

This version improves write performance, which is version 1.0,
click on firmware to view (you may be up-to-date):

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/MZ-7TD120BW-downloads

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/301539-firmware-update-question-ssd.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I am trying to use a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (StarTech brand) to connect my P50 to a Resident Audio T4 Thunderbolt audio interface. The device is briefly detected and then disappears. I have been doing some research to resolve this issue and a few users have said that updating thier Thunderbolt NVM to 18 add compatibility with the adapter.  Would it be possible to get an upgrade from the current NVM16 to NVM18? Current P50 firmware (NVM16) link here:http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-p50... I have already attempted to install the NVM18 firmware straight from Intel but it looks like the firmware is OEM specific. Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Thunderbolt-Firmware-NVM-Update/td-p/3471905
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Toshiba Notebook with following internal DVD-RW drive: "TS L632D T004 Toshiba".

The problem is, this drive doesen't burn DVD+r DL without failures.
I made quite much attempts with 10 DL DVDs und five different burning suites, without success.
So I guess to fix this failure with a firmware update.

Can somebody tell me where I can get this update?

Best Regards,

A:Satellite X - Where to get firmware update?

Hi buddy,

Why should this issue related to the firmware?

In my opinion you should try removing the upper and lower filters in registry. Just follow this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

And firmware updates you can get from the Toshiba website.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?52649-Satellite-X-Where-to-get-firmware-update
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a netgear wnr1000 v2. I have been in the router settings and had it check for the latest firmware. It tells me I have the latest and that version is 1.0.0.12NA. Now, when I go to the netgear website and look up my router here: http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/ it says the latest version is 1.1.2.54. So I download it and go to install it to my router and get the error "Firmware upgrade failed. Please check your file." I know it's the right file. Only 3 files are in the installation and they are .html, .img, and .txt, and the image file is the installation one.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All: Just purchased a LG GSA-4167B using a USB 2.0 connection via an USB 2.0 External Enclosure. The firmware version that came with the drive is version DL10. There are later firmware versions available, DL11, DL12 and DL13. I would like to update to the latest version, DL13. Can I do it by downloading the DL13 zip file and just unzipping it or will I have a problem because it is using a USB external connection. There are no instructions on the LG download site for a USB connected firmware update. Any insight would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Patrick

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have a problem with OneLink+, where DP is not working. I believe a firmware update should fix this. The update.log which is returned from tp_onelinkplus_dock_fw.exe is: Version: 0.00.000Update result: 255Error description: Can't connect to Synaptics VMMxxxx DP hub IC The paradox is that I am trying to update the firmware to fix the DP and firmware won't update unless you have a DP already connected.  In my quest to fix this, I have downloaded many files some of those where for an incorrect model, pressumably the other OneLink. I am now wondering if I have overwritten the firmware of OneLink+ with that of OneLink. Is that possbile?  Is there any other way to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/OneLink-cannot-update-firmware/td-p/3483691
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, i bought this network attached storage drive from Maplin Dual SATA Network Enclosure : Network Enclosures : Maplin

I tryed updating the firmware and got some message in German about how if i updated the firmware the network connection would be lost. i clicked ok and now after rebooting my drive cannot access it. i have reset it and cannot try to update the firmware again as there is not USB Port on the drive to access it directly from the computer.

Anybody have any ideas on what to do??

A:Firmware update gone wrong

Newer BIOS chips have what is called a boot block sector. When flashing the BIOS this part is not flashed. Basically all it does is run the floppy drive, and if you are lucky you will also get basic video. I have re-flashed a "dead" BIOS with this. The MB was manufactured in 1998. The first attempt at flashing failed-nothing but beeps on restart. I downloaded the correct Bios update, made a new floppy to flash the BIOS and reran the flash program. There was nothing on the monitor, just a black screen, but I could hear the floppy drive being accessed. Follow the flash utility instructions and let it do its' thing. It took several long minutes, but it worked.

I'm providing this link below. Do not hold me or vistax64 responsible.
Wim&#39;s BIOS Page: BIOS Upgrades, Motherboard identification and more...

Finally, you can approach your manufacturer of your PC or bios to purchase a replacement.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/250937-firmware-update-gone-wrong.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, Samsung tells me the SSD (a Samsung) firmware updates will come from Lenovo, but I didn't see them on the driver page. The model is MZMTE256HMHP-000L1 Any suggestions? Thanks,Bruce 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/How-do-I-update-the-SSD-firmware-in-Yoga-2-Pro/td-p/3421387
Relevancy 51.6%

I know this might not be the place for this question but i have just downloaded a Firmware update for me modem but the files came in .rom and . bin and i am unfamiliar with these files how do i open them or with what do i open them with???

A:Firmware update for my modem

Your modem will open them. In the firmware update page, it will ask you to point to or upload the firmware file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189137-firmware-update-my-modem.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have an issue with an E560 that is hooked up through a OneLink Pro to two external monitors (via Displayport and DVI). Both monitors randomly go black for 10-15 seconds and then come back (not at the same time). https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/documents/ht101596 indicates that the firmware needs to be updated; however, after downloading the .exe for the latest firmware, I can't get the file to run! After I click on it, nothing happens. There is nothing in the task manager. I've tried running as Administrator and still nothing. Has anyone had any issues with the update tool or have any suggestions? Thanks, Andrew

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/How-can-I-update-OneLink-Pro-Firmware/td-p/3326010
Relevancy 51.6%

please help me to find dvd ram uj8c2 firmware new version. Because l can't write any cd while i had upgraded to windows10.it's  shows power calibration error by nero softwear.my dvd ram current firmwear shows 1.00

A:dvd ram uj8c2 firmware update

I have the same problem. Does anyone know a solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/dvd-ram-uj8c2-firmware-update/td-p/5343215
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi!

It took me almost one hour to find this firmware update for my ADSL modem so that's why I uploaded it to Skydrive and make it hopefully a little bit easier for you.

My modem kicked me of the web a few times every day and then it also had a "broken internet connection" so that there was a little yellow notification triangle on the network adapters icon even if the "internet providers" signal was ok it couldn't connect...

Any how, I updated the firmware and I have been running it for a few days now and no connection problems.

Here is the link and there is also a manual included (and in the comments you can see a really short description on how to update the firmware).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/telewell-tw-ea501-v3a-firmware-update.157042/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

I would like to update the firmware of my SSD, INTEL SSDSC2CT120A3, but Google gives me results of Intel? SSD 330 Series. I don't know if my SSD model is Intel? SSD 330

A:INTEL SSDSC2CT120A3 firmware update

I would recommend you start here:
Download Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50515-intel-ssdsc2ct120a3-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Samsung has recently posted firmware update EXM03B6Q for the 850 Pro on the download site.
I was unable to update via Magician so downloaded the ISO and ran it from a USB drive.
I was one of the lucky ones who didn't update to EXM02B6Q in Feb of 2015 which was a total disaster.
The update worked without any problems and speeds have not changed at all.
There is also a PDF installation guide for those who like to read first.
Don't forget to image the SSD first just in case. I did not, however loose data but better safe than sorry.

Tool & Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402558-samsung-ssd-850-pro-firmware-update-finally-available.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I've noticed a slow down in my Plextor PX-708A and thought that installing the latest firmware would a good idea.

The firmwares listed on the plextor site only listed for:

* PX-712A/SA/UF

* PX-708A2/UF2

* PX-708A/UF

* PX-504A/UF

http://www.plextor.be/technicalservices/downloads/firmw_dvdrec.asp?choice=DVD-Recorders

As far as i am aware my drive is just a Plextor PX-708A drive.
What are the 708A/UF 708A/UF2 drives??? How do i know if my drive is one of these?

Matt.

A:Need to update firmware? Plextor PX-708A2/UF2??

Looking at this site:

http://www.plextor.be/products/dvd_recorders/px-708a.asp?choice=PX-708A

You'll find that the "A" model is the IDE internal drive, and the UF & UF2 models are external USB/Firewire drives.

However, following the link from PX-708A to firmware upgrades did not show a download for the "A" model, only for the others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-update-firmware-plextor-px-708a2-uf2.288641/