Windows Support Forum

Will a Router connected to a Router work?

Q: Will a Router connected to a Router work?

Hello,
I have a linksys wireless router on my bottom floor, and the wireless capability does not reach my top floor. Right now I have a very long ethernet cable running from my router to my upstairs computer. I am interested in putting another computer upstairs, however i cant use wireless because it gets very low, or no connectin.

Would it be possible to Connect my long ethernet that runs through my house to upstairs to another small router, or ethernet splitter, in order to get internet capabilities on both computers upstairs? Would it be extremely slow? thanks in advance if you can help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Will a Router connected to a Router work?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 95.46%

Last visit -Oct- PM First Question Anyways my internet is freaking slow because my sister always download stuff so i was wondering if i had TWO routers a router Does Q: Q: /w connected ISP work?Another 2 router IP? to and i connect to the quot new quot Linksys and she connects to the quot old quot D-Link will that work Will this Q: Does router connected to a router work?Another Q: ISP /w 2 IP? still be slower I asked some people and they said the quot router quot is working too much or something so having two will help So the config would be ISP Modem - gt Linksys - gt D-Link D-Link will be wireless for my family to use and me and my friend will be using the Linksys wired Another Question Also i got another question If my ISP allows me to have TWO IP Addresses will it make my internet slower if i gave one of the IP to my D-Link and one to Linksys router If not how would i make my internet faster Current Setup One Modem One Router Sister uses Wireless and downloads songs and movies Sometimes with BT I use Wired and play games like BF CS CSS WoW and all the other games Another comp Hosts a quot game quot and sometimes plays War I do NOT want to shut quot game quot down EVER So please dont tell me to turn it off nbsp

A:Q: Does router connected to a router work?Another Q: ISP /w 2 IP?

Can't tell from what you've told us so far, but I would guess that the bottleneck is your ISP connection. What is it's bandwidth (speed) supposed to be? Are you and the other computers using all that bandwidth? Probably so, but if not then it could be a router problem.

If you have DSL the only way you will get faster is if they offer more than one service and you upgrade to a faster, more expensive service.

If you have cable and can get two IPs then maybe you can get double the bandwidth; ask your ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/q-does-router-connected-to-a-router-work-another-q-isp-w-2-ip.465063/
Relevancy 86%

I have a Belkin G wireless router connected to an Arris modem (Comcast).
I am trying to connect a laptop and an android phone. There is also a PC connected to the wireless router via an ethernet cable.

When the PC is connected, the speed of the wireless connection drops significantly.
From my phone speedtest shows ping 13ms, 27.75 down and 24.18 up when the PC is not connected. When the PC is connected, speedtest shows ping 20ms, 0.2 down, and 0.1 up (if the connection doesn't time out.)

It seems the ethernet connection is taking nearly all the bandwidth and the wireless devices just won't work. How can I give equal bandwidth to the wired and wireless connections?

Relevancy 86%

So I have a Netgear WGR614 router and when I hook it up the computer says it's connected but I can't load any web pages. If I take the router out and go straight from the modem to the computer it does work.
It has worked in the past but I've never had a perfect connection..
Would I need a new and better router or is there a different problem here?

A:Internet doesn't work when router is connected

Let's see this when you are connected directly to the modem.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-work-when-router-is-connected.785679/
Relevancy 86%

Hi,

Last night, I did a clean format and reinstall of Windows XP on the family desktop in order to get rid of years of accumulated rubbish. The actual reinstall has worked fine but I cannot get the internet going on there and I have no idea what I need to do to fix it. The internet and wireless are both still working - I am able to use both laptops as normal - but the desktop, which is connected via cable rather than wirelessly, can't seem to recognise that it has the router plugged in. It is a G series Belkin and I can't even access the address for setup on there.

Any suggestions? It was working perfectly up until the reinstall.

Thanks!

A:Clean Reinstall of XP and now connected router will not work

I am not sure if you already have done so, but you need to install drivers for the motherboard chipset, network interface, graphics, sound, and others. These can be found on a CD that came with the computer, or manufacturers website.

We can help with that if you supply us with information about your computer manufacturer and model (if prebuilt like Compaq or Acer); or manufacturer and model for the major components like motherboard, graphics, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clean-reinstall-of-xp-and-now-connected-router-will-not-work.926674/
Relevancy 86%

Long Post alert.

I have Wi Fi at my home and use it on my PC and my cell phone. From past few days i am unable to get connected to internet. Its really frustrating because all the lights on the router are blinking but it never loads a page. When i check the settings it says not connected to internet.

To make matters worst i try to reboot my router...unplug the cable, wait for more than 30 secs but still same.

I use a TP-Link router if it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-does-not-work-but-pc-shows-connected-to-router.1158365/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello,

I bought a Linksys Router and i installed all the software and the internet worked perfectly fine untill I connected my Ethernet printer to my router. The printer will work perfectly but the Internet will not work at all. What is the ssolutionn so this problem?

A:Internet Does Not Work When Printer Connected to Linksys Router

Hi

I need some more details.

Which version of Linkskys router?
Which operating system?
Which computer
How many computers do you have connected to the router?
Does your internet work again when you unplug the printer from the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-does-not-work-when-printer-connected-to-linksys-router.50473/
Relevancy 85.14%

I recently switched over to Comcast for internet and have an xfinity router. The wifi works perfectly on all computers and devices except one. It's not working on a large desktop that uses a TP-Link wireless card. When I try to connect to the internet from Firefox on this computer, it just says "Connecting..." on the top of the tab for a while and eventually goes to a "Server not found" page.

Every now and then, usually after I try something random to fix it (such as turning on "SoftAP mode" on the TP-Link card) the internet will work for a few seconds, but then it stops again.

(Sorry if I didn't put enough information in here; tell me if you need to know anything else.)

Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I have searched EVERYwhere but cannot seem to find a person who experience similar problem let alone a solution the doesn't connected a router one work HELP!! computers Internet on via of I ve been using Linksys WRT G router HELP!! Internet doesn't work on one of the computers connected via a router for quite a while now with the two computers that i currently have ISP Rogers Hi Speed There hasn t been any problem until this week I haven t HELP!! Internet doesn't work on one of the computers connected via a router changed ANY settings on either my computer or my router other than some port forwarding All of a sudden i cant connect to the internet on one of my two computers connnected via this router this is a wireless router but i am NOT using wireless All computers are WIRED to the router I have tried a bunch of basic things like plugging off the modem n router resetting the router to factory default etc The compouter does recognize the router for example when I plug my router off the computer says quot the local area connection cable is plugged off quot or something along that line Also the local area connection shows up on Control Panel Network and Internet Connections A strange thing is when i run the quot system restore quot from the start menu the internet works If i restart the computer it doesnt work again I would really appreciate your help on this matter Thanks a LOT in advance nbsp

A:HELP!! Internet doesn't work on one of the computers connected via a router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-internet-doesnt-work-on-one-of-the-computers-connected-via-a-router.567599/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey yall Am connected router computer internet to is Solved: connects to not my router my but My having an issue after resetting my router My computer connects to my router and the signal is fine but the router does not seem to be connected to the internet am a web researcher and i use my internet everyday and I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out Here is the ipconfig message http Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mike gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Motorola SURFboard USB Cable Modem Physical Address - - -A -EC-AF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Solved: My computer connects to my router but my router is not connected to internet Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - AM Lease Expires August- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HP b g Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -C -A -AE- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dbc e f dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - PM Lease Expires August- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - - B- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A AE -F B- - C D- FBE DA br ED Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -DF - CB -AA -D F B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address c b c b Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Hope this helps Thank Again nbsp

A:Solved: My computer connects to my router but my router is not connected to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-computer-connects-to-my-router-but-my-router-is-not-connected-to-internet.613776/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have HP G60 laptop but suddnely last 3 to 4 days my nereast router-5 stop connected to my Laptop

I have 5 router

Router 1
Router 2
Router 3
Router 4
Router 5

Router 5 is near to me. There are low signal to Router 1 to 4 so i always connected with Router 5 but last few days my laptop not connected with router 5 and it showa only local area connected

Plese help me if some one know about it?

A:Solved: Out of 5 router my nearest router not connected to my Laptop

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Devdatt-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : guestnetinc.com

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : guestnetinc.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-23-4E-47-3A-30
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::24c4:c522:2b60:a90f%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.174(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, December 02, 2012 8:54:42 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, December 02, 2012 11:54:42 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234890062
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-17-C4-BB-D3-00-23-4E-47-3A-30
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8102E/8103E Family PCI-E FE NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-16-54-AE-F3
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.guestnetinc.com
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:c87:3d18:f5ff:ff51(Preferred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c87:3d18:f5ff:ff51%12(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : guestnetinc.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-out-of-5-router-my-nearest-router-not-connected-to-my-laptop.1079208/
Relevancy 84.28%

OK this is complicated so bear with me First time poster as well so please be gentle I have Telewest Cable Broadband working with a Linksys wireless G wrt with router and VoIP Wireless connected Gateway HELP! Router g router It works a treat and i VoIP router connected with Wireless Gateway and Router HELP! have the quot improved quot antennae from Linksys to boost the signal a bit as well I recently signed up with Vonage for a VoIP provider and the router they provide is wired the Linksys rt p router and im trying to get this connected to my wireless network with a seperate Gateway or wireless hub Im pretty sure this will work if i put the access point in infrasturcture mode im thinking the linksys WAP G access point and conenct the VoIP router to the Access point with DHCP disabled so its technically a switch and then it can pick up the signal from the router over a wireless network The router seems to support this as it has a VoIP over wireless option in the setup of the latest BIOS flash What i need to know is if anyone here has a setup like this and any problems they have with this type of setup Any help wopuld be much appreciated nbsp

A:VoIP router connected with Wireless Gateway and Router HELP!

I'm thinking the VOIP should go first
then just set up as you would 1st one router 2nd one gateway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voip-router-connected-with-wireless-gateway-and-router-help.37716/
Relevancy 84.28%

I want devices connected to the router to be able to connect to the modem.

My ISP modem says:
Local IP address 192.168.1.1
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
DHCP Server: Enabled
Connection mode: DHCP
Starting IP address: 192.168.1.10
Ending IP address: 192.168.1.128
Connected devices: Eth-Switch LAN (2) 192.168.1.12 Netgear WNDR4000 Router

My Router says:
Router Information
IP address 10.0.0.1
DHCP: On

Internet Port
IP address: 192.168.1.12
connection DHCP
IP subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway IP address: 192.168.1.1
RIP Direction: Both
RIP Version: Diabled
Attached devices: 10.0.0.4 HP computer
Use Router as a DHCP Server:yes
Starting IP address: 10.0.0.2
Ending IP address: 10.0.0.254

So how would I modify the settings so the HP computer (10.0.0.4) could see the modem (192.168.1.1)?

Answer for dummies please!

A:What are the correct settings for a Router connected to an ISP Router/Modem box.

Let's be clear: you have

Code:

isp==modem at (192.168.1.1)
|
+--- (192.168.1.12) router (10.0.0.1) - - - hp pc (10.0.0.4)

what happens if the HP does ping 192.168.1.1 ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-are-the-correct-settings-for-a-router-connected-to-an-isp-router-modem-box.217738/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have Linksys wireless router and I ve been using that for awhile no problems router, connected another Router slower internet Solved: to with it I had a foot CAT cable sitting around and as well an old D-Link DI- wired router so I decided to turn the router into a switch so can Solved: Router connected to another router, slower internet I hardwire my Desktop and PS I have the Port Linksys router outputting the internet to the WAN D-Link wired router using the foot cable and then using Port and to my Desktop and PS respectively Everything on the Desktop and PS side seems to be great i ve noticed web pages loading times decrease Except that the computer which is hardwired to my Linksys wireless router is awfully snail slow Is it because the D-Link router is a Router and not a switch that this problem is happening Edit - I ve been reading that this is more complicated then a simple plug and go I have to disable the DHCP and everything everytime I try to log into my D-Link router it ll get into the routers main page but nothing will load after I try to click LAN or WAN or DHCP Edit - Alright so I have changed my nd router to disable the DHCP and changed the IP to be different from my st router and everything seems good except for one thing When I plug in my PS to either Port or Port the whole network is crippled and nothing connects Very interesting I m going to replace the CAT cable from my PS to my router-switch with a crossover cable i ve got a feeling it s because of that b Edit - I figured out that uPnP was enabled so I disabled it I m not having anymore problems I guess I solved my own issue LOL nbsp

A:Solved: Router connected to another router, slower internet

I guess so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-connected-to-another-router-slower-internet.798888/
Relevancy 82.56%

the Cable connected to the modem, modem conencts to the Wireless router, and that connects to my computer. Since i hardly ever use the wireless router, i decided i want to just connect to the modem. I switched all the ethernet cords and by looking at what i had done, everything should have been working fine.

But that is wrong... I couldnt connect to the internet. I while back i set up a static IP address, but i changed that. the settings look like this now:
(to post this i had to go back to the router and the modem)

when i was trying to use just the modem, windows window bubble came up and said i have little or no activity, and i tried repairing it. windows tried to renew my IP address but that failed so there was nothing else i could think of doing.

what can i do so i can just connect throught the modem?!

A:Im connected through a wireless router and a modem... Want to get rid of the router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-connected-through-a-wireless-router-and-a-modem-want-to-get-rid-of-the-router.437277/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a Motorola modem router supplied by Qwest I have been frustrated because my internet speed is limited partially because of Qwest service connected to Router modem/router partly because I was told Router connected to modem/router by the installer that my apartment building wiring keeps the speed from reaching what I pay for from Qwest the second to fastest package can t remember Can t get Comcast on this block Does anyone know if it would increase the reach speed of Router connected to modem/router the wireless network if I connected my Linksys wireless G router to this Motorola modem router I don t know if it s even possible but I want to do this because when trying to use internet in one of the bedrooms the internet signal is fairly weak I was wondering if my linksys router would be stronger than the Router connected to modem/router qwest modem router in one If it is not possible to use the linksys router as the main wireless network and disable the qwest modem router so it was strictly a modem would it work better to see about just requesting a modem from qwest what I ve usually done with comcast and then using my router Or would a range extender be a better solution Thanks for anyone s help p s I m also thinking my linksys router might not help the range speed problem enough in which case I d buy something like belkin N nbsp

A:Router connected to modem/router

tmpk said:

I have a Motorola 3347 modem/router supplied by Qwest. I have been frustrated because my internet speed is limited, partially because of Qwest service, partly because, I was told by the installer, that my apartment building wiring keeps the speed from reaching what I pay for from Qwest (the second to fastest package, can't remember). Can't get Comcast on this block.Click to expand...

If the statement is fact (highly likely too), then nothing from your modem to any of your equipment will make any difference

p.s. I'm also thinking my linksys router might not help the range/speed problem enough, in which case I'd buy something like belkin N+Click to expand...

BAD idea. None of the 11n stuff is official and there's lots of compatibility issues with it (belkin or any other).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-connected-to-modem-router.119378/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a linksys WRT54G router connected to a beetel 110TC2 modem. I want to get a static ip address for port forwarding. Can anybody tell me how to get a static ip and how to do port forwarding?

A:How to get a static ip on a router connected to a router?

You access the router with your browser, ip address for the linksys is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and the default user is admin and password is Admin with capitol A, you can then change it to what you want it to be by taking DHCP off auto, as for the port forwarding, do some searches on the net for some all inclusive info...and welcome to the forum!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53998-how-get-static-ip-router-connected-router.html
Relevancy 79.55%

ISP: Charter
Router 1: Linksys E4200
Router 2: Cisco 881 Integrated Services Router

My wife will be working from the house and her company requires her to use one of their routers (Cisco 881 Integrated Services Router) so they have a level of security via he computer. And being all her work is data entry via internal network.

My question is can i run that router through my Linksys E4200? What i mean is i will not have admin control over the 881 series for personal computers or devices so i want to keep my router in the lead so i can control my internet and network.

It would go:

ISP Charter Communications ----> Personal Linksys E4200 ----> Wife's business Cisco 881 Integrated Services Router on one connection. That possible?
Thanks
Dennis

Relevancy 77.4%

i just had a very weird issue... i cannot connect the westell versalink to a wireless broadband router.. i did the basics (bridge, disable DHCP) but the westell is not giving IP address to the PC.. it did work when we just disable the wireless of the westell and connect the linksys, but thats not the standard way (very unstable).. how can i solve this without replacing the westell versalink with a modem?? help anyone?? please??

Relevancy 75.25%

Okay I live in the dorms in college well actually they are not the dorms but overflow apartments because the dorms were full not sure if it matters but thought i should add I brought my wireless netgear router with me to wireless room access losing on to Connected dorm internet but router connected school to plug my Ps into and to Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room download certain things the school blocks on the regular wireless internet So I plug my Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room router into the jack in the room and then run wireless to my laptop and wired to my Ps I set up the router and it determined the internet connection is DHCP I set the router to obtain I P and DNS addresses dynamically and it won t work then i set it to use static addresses the address that it picked up dynamically It then works for awhile sometimes a few hours and sometimes less than an hour To get it to work again all I have to do is set it back to dynamic wait a couple minutes and move it back to static When I lose connection my playstation says its a DNS error my roommate plugs his laptop directly into the jack on the wall because he doesn t have a wireless card and he hasn t said anything about losing his connection But once i plugged him into the router he loses his connection just like me I am sure i am forgetting something important if anymore info is needed I will add Please help it is really getting annoying changing the setting on the router nbsp

A:Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room

If you don't use the router at all, does your Internet connection stay active?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-but-losing-internet-access-on-wireless-router-connected-to-dorm-room.136082/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi Brink or anybody else,

I am connected to the internet through a modem which is connected to a vonage router which is connected to my pc.

I bought a netgear wireless router and attached it to the vonage router so as to broadcast a wireless network... Now i need to activate it and set it up.. so how do i do that.?

my vonage router;s login page is 192.168.15.1 and apparently my netgear router's ip is 192.168.15.3... so how do i login to the netgear page and set it up?

any help would be gladly appreciated.

A:Router connected to another router

To access Your routers settings you need to enter the a Username and Password if you haven't changed the password or username then they will be found on the Case of the Router

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/282310-router-connected-another-router.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,

I'm sure this question has been asked multiple times because I myself have read countless posts trying to figure out my problem and solve it, but nothing has seemed to work for me. I have an HP G60-230US laptop and a Linksys router. It says my laptop is connected to linksys but it has a limited connection. It will not connect to the Internet and I can't open the Internet at all. I got an error saying that it was unable to communicate with the Primary DNS Server but I'm pretty clueless as to how to go about fixing this.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 69.23%

hi there i was wondering if anyone could help i have two laptops and and a pc in the house all connected to my netgear dg gt the laptops are both wireless and the pc is hard wired wich is connecting fine the hp laptop ive had for ages and also connects fine the trouble is with my friends laptop i have recently been given after she smashed the screen for a short while it was fine then i could connect but the mbps web the not the router to connected but were fluctuating wildly ending up in me getting disconnected all the time now i can get a steady mbps but it wont connected to the router but not the web connect to the web here are the ipconfig -all Windows IP Configuration for the hp Host Name ric-imheyp i im Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth PAN Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - E- Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description National Semiconductor DP -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - F- - - C- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NETGEAR WG T Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - - C- D-BC- F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March now for the broken one Windows IP Configuration Host Name D Olive Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Holly Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - -F -E - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - A-E -AC- -AA Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - B- D- -B -CF any ideas would be great tearing my hair out cheers guys ric nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I hope someone can help me.

ok, here's the case. This PC I have here can't seem to be connected to online.
You know "The page cannot be displayed" appears.

The network card in device manager checks out fine.
I then check out if it's connected to a router: Command Prompt ..I typed in ipconfig /all
result: not connected. The line (cat5) is not the problem in case someone suggest so.
Operating system: Windows XP Prof.

What is the next logical step here?
Replace the NIC?

Ughh..I'm hoping I can resolve this with some settings.
I have tried set everything to default settings.

Relevancy 69.23%

Ok sorry i that is a moronic question of the day Scene til yesterday I had my to a router be to have pc? Does connected a Xp Main computer with a belkin g wireless router attatched and two Xp laptops and one vista pc happily communicating Then yesterday the Main computer died Pow in a moment Does a router have to be connected to a pc? it started frantically rebooting couldn t access safe mode system recovery Does a router have to be connected to a pc? ailed as windows corrupt No friggin disc as its a compaq Ok thats a big enough headache as it is as all my life was on it and I have to get it fixed and try to recover some stuff BUT the bigger headache is loss of wireless in the house Now I left the pc attacthed and for a while the router still seemed to work but then it went S-L-O-W Then my laptop told me it had an IP conflict with another on the network wierd in the end I unplugged the router and now have just one laptop plugged straight into the cable modem This one works fine When I tried the other laptop it still went slow so I suspect it ahs a problem of its own I would LIKE to have the router running BUT can I just plug the router into the cable modem without having it connected to a pc Or if I have to attatch it to a laptop do I have to install all belkins software to get it to work Im very dense at this total computer idiot and just seething with frustration not to mention anguisg at the loss of all my data on the dead one Thansk for any advice anyone has Jules nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,

You guys may or may not have an answer for me, but I will try anyway.

I have a Seagate external HDD that behaves like I want it to when connected to my PC; it shuts off after 20 minutes of idling. I recently bought a new router (Linksys wrt1900ac) so I can connect my HDD to it and access files when away from home. When the HDD is connected to the router, it never turns off, it is always spinning.

I looked for similar settings mentioned in this thread on my router's settings, but did not find anything.

Any ideas on what to do? I want my external HDD that's connected to my router to turn off after idling. I know this is a Windows thread, but this below is the closest thread I have found to my problem; I can't find any threads discussing routers.

Hard Drive - Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle or Never

Thanks.

A:HDD Connected to Router

Unless your router supports such a feature I am not sure if you can achieve it. You can check out WD Green drives, they have a tech called IntelliPower and slow down and turn off when no activity after a while.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/374527-hdd-connected-router.html
Relevancy 69.23%

need any more security so people carnt connect 2 my computers

A:connected router at last but do i

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and model of the broadband modem.
Make and model of the router.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

You might also tell us what your real issue is. I assume you're worried about wireless security, but it's sure not obvious from the post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-router-at-last-but-do-i.634771/
Relevancy 68.37%

Ok the XP Wireless Configuration router, internet. Connected not but to Utility displays that I am connected although it s strange because once it does connect the icon disappears from the taskbar However I cannot access the internet or my router by http but I can ping my router and other devices connected to it The router also shows that I am connected to it Also at the moment I am obtaining the IP address and DNS server address automatically and not using any form of encryption Here are my specs OS Windows XP Router Netgear WPN v - Hardware Verson V H - Firmware Verson V NA Wireless Connector Linksys USB Adapter v WUSB GSC Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name user-ca c e Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet Connected to router, but not internet. adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - -C -DA- D Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Compact Wireless-G USB Network Connected to router, but not internet. Adapter with SpeedBooster Physical Address - -F - F- C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f ff fe f c Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Saturday June PM Lease Expires Sunday June PM Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Im about to go on a fallout temper tantrum after working on this all day with no results I built a new computer a month ago running Windows My computer load router anything to but connected cannot used a belkin USB wireless got connect to my old router just fine I quot upgraded quot to an xfinity connected to router but cannot load anything operated router yesterday Now every laptop and wireless phone and device runs smoothly with much faster internet However my main desktop PC can only connect to the router with a full connected to router but cannot load anything five bars but connected to router but cannot load anything cannot actually go on the internet When I connect to my router I can browse the web for a maximum of seconds before it stops working even though it says I m still connected with internet access and full bars I look at the error messages in the events panel and its the DNS error where it says quot all the DNS servers are not responding quot I have tried a million possible fixes which include the following Restarting the router Restarting the computer Inserting the DNS manually I tried both the and the ones Disabling Ipv Buying a new wireless USB connecter Trying all the ipconfig commands in cmd Resetting my router Calling my ISP provider Disabling my antivirus Booting in safe mode with networking Uninstalling the relevant drivers and reinstalling them manually adding my PC on my router admin panel changing my IP address and many many others Does anybody have the slightest idea what this might be nbsp

A:connected to router but cannot load anything

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

- try safemode with networking (sometimes wireless does not work with safemode )

For Windows 8 - see below

For other windows version, XP,Vista, W7 as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
safemode with networking - see if that works

For windows 8

http://www.7tutorials.com/5-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-8-windows-81
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/ss/windows-8-safe-mode.htm

can we see an ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

it may also be worth trying a TCP/IP reset
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) f... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-router-but-cannot-load-anything.1129747/
Relevancy 68.37%

What is the IP address of my pc when it is connected through a router?

Is it the default ip address assigned by the router?

For example I am using a linksys. The router is setup as a dchp so it will assign the pc a ip address of 192.168.1.100 or something similar to that.

Or is the ip address the one assigned from my service provider?

If I want people to connect to my pc which ip address do I give them?

A:IP Address of PC when connected through a router

The IP address of your router is the IP address that is given by your ISP, the IP address of your computer will be what ever your router gives it on the LAN (which may well be 192.168.1.XXX). How do you mean "connect" into your computer?

You can setup an FTP server if you want to share files, but you will need to assign port forwarding, so that any FTP requests that come into your router (Using the IP address given by your ISP) get forwarded to your computer (under the 192.168.1.xxx address).

So ideally it would be great if you could say what you mean by connect, thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ip-address-of-pc-when-connected-through-a-router.39693/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I have the laptop and pc connected wirelessly to a gateway modem router The laptop is fine but the pc isn t connecting to the internet despite the fact that the connection is strong I paid an engineer to connect everything and before he left he said it was working but he had to uninstall zone alarm on the pc He didn t wait for the pc to reboot to check it and now the phone number I had for him isn t working I don t know when I will be able to contact him again so I thought someone here might be ablt to can't Router get connected the internet but onto help The pc has windows xp without service pack if that makes a difference It has worked initiallywhen I first got the router but that was before the engineer secured it Everytime now when i open IE or FF I get a message saying do you want to go online or stay offline and a drop down box but the new wireless connection doesn t show in the options I would be grateful for an y advice Cheers Banter nbsp

A:Router connected but can't get onto the internet

Well, SP2 fixes a bunch of wireless issues on XP, so I think that should be a first step. You can simply plug in with a cable to download SP2 for that machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-connected-but-cant-get-onto-the-internet.508093/
Relevancy 68.37%

Ok I finally got win7 reinstalled again, but now I can connect to my wireless router.

I tried setting up a new wireless network, for some reason it's trying to do a WAN miniport (PPPOE)

That doesn't look familiar from before?

But either way once I enter username & password it isn't connecting?

A:Can't get connected on wireless router?

I should be entering the wireless login I created for the router, not the initial user/pass for my cable connection right?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142914-cant-get-connected-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello, I have recently moved house, while I was waiting for my DSL to be turned on, I was using a dialup connection to connect now my DSL is on and Im connecting using a router (speedtouch 576) now ever since I have been using the router whenever I try to use any programs that need internet access (IE, AIM, MSN ect ect) I get the dialup connection popup, all i have to do is press cancel and the programs will still connect, its just gettin a bit annoying getting the popup every time i wanna use anythin, Im on Win XP pro anyone know how to fix this? thanks

A:Dialup pop up while connected via router

If you are using xp go to control panel internet options connections check never dial a connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dialup-pop-up-while-connected-via-router.530145/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello all I can connect to a router but not the internet Network router connected to no internet but sharing center shows the router connected but internet disconnected When I run windows diagnostic I connected to router but no internet get the following error quot Windows can't communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server quot I am trying to connect to a public router and other people are connecting fine I use Norton Antivirus and have disabled it along with windows firewall with no changes Switching from public network to private also has no effect This is what comes up under cmd exe ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users J gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ASUS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List NetScreen- Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -FA- B-B -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical connected to router but no internet Address - - -C - - D DHCP Enabled Yes connected to router but no internet Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix netscreen- GT Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FA- B-B -EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix NetScreen- Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- - D-AC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ca db a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday January AM Lease Expires Saturday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FA- - - - C- - D-AC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap AE -E D- C - BE- C EED Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap netscreen- GT Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cac f f Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cac f f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap NetScreen- Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix NetScreen- Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users J gt

A:connected to router but no internet

If you aren't using the msoft virtual wifi mini port then you should disable it because it can cause all sorts of connection problems including DNS problems when it's active and not being used. It might also help to disable the bluetooth adaptor if it's not in use.

I also noticed that your two DNS servers which do not appear to be coming from the router, maybe you typed them into your IPv4 properties window? In any event it sometimes works better to type the DNS server addresses into your routers settings rather than using IPv4.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139648-connected-router-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I've had an issue where my laptop connects to the router but cannot get any web services my other computer connects fine The laptop has XP home SP SP will not install for some reson Attached files as per instructions Any help would be appreciated DDS router to the malware? connected not but possible web? Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Steve at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV ESET NOD antivirus system On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C possible malware? connected to router but not the web? WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP possible malware? connected to router but not the web? SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Seagate SystemTray StxMenuMgr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe G hihjackthis dds dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www sony com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uSearchURL Default hxxp search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll TB B EAC - D - B E- B -A C A A - No File TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun H PC Connection Agent quot c program files microsoft activesync wcescomm exe quot mRun ezShieldProtector for Px c windows system ezSP Px exe mRun WinPatrol c program files billp studios winpatrol winpatrol exe mRun VAIO Update quot c program files sony vaio update VAIOUpdt exe quot Stationary mRun VAIO Recovery c windows sonysys vaio recovery PartSeal exe mRun TrueImageMonitor exe c program files acronis trueimagehome TrueImageMonitor exe mRun SynTPLpr c program files synaptics syntp SynTPLpr exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun StxTrayMenu quot c program files seagate systemtray StxMenuMgr exe quot mRun SonyPowerCfg c program files sony vaio p... Read more

A:possible malware? connected to router but not the web?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/198193/possible-malware-connected-to-router-but-not-the-web/
Relevancy 68.37%

My friend is having difficulty connecting to the internet. Her computer is connected to the local network (wirelessly) but cannot connect to the internet. She cannot connect to the internet using an ethernet cable either.

She's already done all the troubleshooting options (presumably including resetting IP address etc.)
She's also tried the whole

netsh int ip reset reset.log
netsh winsock reset catalog

thing. None of this works. What can I do to fix this? Any ideas? I can ask her for extra information if necessary.

Thanks,
Xander

A:Connected to Router but not Internet

IF you Ping 192.168.100.1 do you get an answer
IF not power cycle both the modem and router
wait for the modem to fully connect then power on the modem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-router-but-not-internet.1023044/
Relevancy 68.37%

Am having a similar problem Router says connected but cannot access web When USB wireless Bigpond Turbo dongle is removed from router and connected direct into USB port is says its connected but I still can not load anything from Internet Explorer Firefox or Google Toubleshooter says it can not find the problem There is a red x on some setting in Device manager After several days on and off the phone to Bigpond technical support who knows what changes I ve made tot he computer but it still doesn t work While on the phone to connected, Router access web. but cannot says Bigpond technical support all the Pings failed It said things like media disconnected etc etc Have downloaded Xirrus Router says connected, but cannot access web. it said a connection test failed even though the connection says it is connected Have now downloaded NET Framework but not sure what to do next Router says connected, but cannot access web. Would be very very grateful to anyone who can help me Especially as I m only an quot older quot but willing learner nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I turned on my old sony laptop and found out that there s something wrong with the internet connection It says connected to router but I can t connect to the internet I ve rebooted several times but it still doesn t work It s not the to internet... to but router not Connected browser it s not connecting via proxy and DNS is set on automatic I would greatly appreciate your help Windows IP Configuration Host Name MyPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g PCI-E Adapter Physical Address - D-D -E - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- -F - B-BD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E D -F - E -B F - A F br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AB A D A- - DA- - CA BD br F D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Connected to router but not to internet... Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Connected to router but not to internet...

Try these tests ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following commands:

ping 192.168.1.1

ping 8.8.4.4

ping yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

Were you also trying to connect by ethernet at the time of the ipconfig /all?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-router-but-not-to-internet.1096697/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a external hdd which is connected to a tplink modem via usb. Currently can assess the hdd through the lan after I assigned the drive in "my computer'. My question is how do I get the address for the hdd using normal browser? (eg: trying to connect to the usb external using my windows phone - edge browser OR just connecting to the usb external using chrome on windows 10 computer)

Typing 192.168.1.1 into the browser will only link to my modem.

Sorry if this question is very noob, I'm pretty bad with networking.

Sys: windows 10 connected to the router via a cat5, modem = tp-link 8980, storage setting enabled.

A:How to assess the hdd connected to the router?

Your modem has to include the software in the modem's firmware to provide a HTML interface. This is the setup on the Netgear R7000 Nighthawk router:

When I access the webpage produced by the router this is what I get:

And it's funny, I could have sworn I had a 64GB flash drive around here somewhere that I have been looking for for weeks now. I just found it! It's plugged into my router!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55268-how-assess-hdd-connected-router.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I am trying to get a game to work on 2 computers at the same time on the same game server. The problem is, in order to connect to the same game server, both computers need different ip's. They both have windows xp, and i have cable internet. They are also connected to a router, and they both work at the same time, just not on the same server. Is there anything i can do to make this work?

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi -

My gf's laptop, the one in question, is an Acer Aspire 5920, Model ZD1 using Windows Vista.

Two days ago the internet stopped working completely. Her laptop is connected to my network, no viruses (as far as Windows Defender detected none), and even when hardwire connected we couldn't get on the internet.

We've tried both IE and FireFox. My computer works fine, so it's not the network.

The IPConfig results gave me a "Media Disconnected" message under the Tunnel Adapter reports and no DNS Suffix (underneath the same).

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

A:Help - No internet, even when connected to router!

Please download the free, portable ClamWin antivirus and scan your gf's laptop with it.
It's available here: http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/clamwin_portable
Make sure that you update it before carrying it over to your gf's laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-no-internet-even-when-connected-to-router-489871.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Ok I need some help. I got a netgear wireless router that I want to use for my playstation 3 internet connection only so i got two ethernet cords one white one as my source going into the router and then one going from the ps3 to the router but I am having a issue with my net as now I cant open any youtube videos or download anything. I could this morning but it just all of a sudden started this. Can someone help Me? Is there a setting on my router that can fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-connected-to-both-pc-and-ps3.738877/
Relevancy 68.37%

get 2 install disc and it says this error message check the ethernet cable connection from yr pc and make sure the router is powered any help its d link di 524 router virgin media bb

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi there I ve looked all over the net for help and am un able to find a fix for my problem So here goes I am at work and we have about router when connected internet No to computers on our network All of them can get on the internet exept mine I am connected to the network and router I can get onto others computers but they can t get onto mine here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C No internet when connected to router Copyright No internet when connected to router - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Brent gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Brent Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List air-pipe com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix air-pipe com Description Mbps High Speed Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -E - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday August A M Lease Expires Friday August AM C Documents and Settings Brent gt and here is my net diagnostic Network Diagnostics Network Diagnostics scans your system to gather information about your hardware software and network connections Tell me about Network Diagnostics Scan your system Set scanning options Formatting Results Options Actions Ping Connect Show Verbose Save to Desktop Categories Mail Service News Service Internet Proxy Server Computer Information Operating System Windows Version Modems Network Clients Network Adapters Domain Name System DNS Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol DHCP Default Gateways Internet Protocol Address Windows Internet Naming Service WINS Show Saved Files Internet Service Default Outlook Express Mail Not Configured Default Outlook Express News Not Configured Internet Explorer Web Proxy Not Configured Computer Information Computer System BRENT AdminPasswordStatus AutomaticResetBootOption FALSE AutomaticResetCapability TRUE BootROMSupported TRUE BootupState Normal boot Caption BRENT ChassisBootupState CreationClassName Win ComputerSystem CurrentTimeZone - DaylightInEffect TRUE Description AT AT COMPATIBLE Domain QUANTUM DomainRole EnableDaylightSavingsTime TRUE FrontPanelResetStatus InfraredSupported FALSE KeyboardPasswordStatus Manufacturer Dell Inc Model Dell DV Name BRENT NetworkServerModeEnabled TRUE NumberOfProcessors OEMStringArray www dell com PartOfDomain FALSE PauseAfterReset - PowerOnPasswordStatus PowerState PowerSupplyState PrimaryOwnerName Brent ResetCapability ResetCount - ResetLimit - Roles LM Workstation LM Server Print NT Potential Browser Backup Browser Status OK SystemStartupDelay SystemStartupOptions quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot fastdetect NoExecute OptIn quot Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition quot fastdetect SystemStartupSetting SystemType X -based PC ThermalState TotalPhysicalMemory UserName BRENT Brent WakeUpType Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional BootDevice Device HarddiskVolume BuildNumber BuildType Multiprocessor Free Caption Microsoft Windows XP Professional CodeSet CountryCode CreationClassName Win OperatingSystem CSCreationClassName Win ComputerSystem CSDVersion Service Pack CSName BRENT CurrentTimeZone - DataExecutionPrevention BitApplications TRUE DataExecutionPrevention Available TRUE DataExecutionPrevention Drivers TRUE DataExecutionPrevention SupportPolicy Debug FALSE Description Brent Distributed FALSE EncryptionLevel ForegroundApplicationBoost FreePhysicalMemory FreeSpaceInPagingFiles FreeVirtualMemory InstallDate PM LargeSystemCache LastBootUpTime AM LocalDateTime AM Locale Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation MaxNumberOfProcesses - MaxProcessMemorySize Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional C WINDOWS Device Harddisk Partition NumberOfProcesses NumberOfUsers Organization QNW OSLanguage OSType Primary TRUE ProductType QuantumLength QuantumType RegisteredUser Brent SerialNumber -OEM- - ServicePackMajorVersion ServicePackMinorVersion Size... Read more

Relevancy 68.37%

My laptop (Asus G73J) is connected to my router, however, has limited access. All other wireless devices in the house are able to connected to the router with internet, including another laptop. I have also already contacted my internet provider and my router provider to no avail. I looked at many other threads to see if anyone else has had my problem and as of now everyone who has, was able to fix it in ways that have not worked for me.

I have already put "ipconfig" in my command prompt and found out that I do not have a Default Gateway, in other words this shows up "Default Gatway .....:". Additionally it says that the Tunnel adapters have "Media Disconnected". I have been working on this for about 3 weeks, Please Help.

A:I am connected to the router with no internet

I've had similar intractable problems from time to time where even after reading up and posting for assistance you still remain stuck. Although I don't know the answer things that I'd try are checking to see if there is a firewall and turning it off briefly for purposes of elimination. I'd check to see if there is an updated driver for the wireless card. Have you been into Control Panel, Network and Sharing Centre and tried to set up a new network? Any problems flagged up in Computer, System Properties, Device Manager?

You haven't mentioned whether this is a problem that has arisen after a period of normal operation or whether it has been present from day one. If it worked OK previously as a last resort there's the return to factory condition option but it's a pain and you'd lose everything on the laptop so I'd hold fire on that. Can it connect to the router successfully with an ethernet cable?

Anyway that's a few things to think about if you've not tried them all already.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-connected-to-the-router-with-no-internet.208139/
Relevancy 68.37%

Okay well after many hours on linksys live chat I still cannot get the computer that is running a wirless pci adapter to log onto the internet Computer Running the plugged in Ethernet and router Specs Windows Xp Wirless-B Broadband Router Linksys Model No BEFW S Ip Default Gatway Dns Servers No probelm uing the interent with the plugged in connection Computer Connecting with a Pci Wirless Adapter Specs Windows SE Wirless-G Pci Adapter Model No Wmp G v Connects to the router with strong signal rate but when i open up I E or try to connect to the actual internet I cannot I set the tcp ip options in control panel as so Obtain Ip Adress Automatically Was told to set the dns Servers to and and to also just put any name for host When connected on the wirless pci adapter card i get it saying You are connected to teh access point but the internet cannot be found Status connected Transfer Rate mbps Channel Wep -Bit Wep Ip Subnet Router. to Though. to Internet Connected Not Dns Dhcp client enabled Heres a littel excert of the chat with the linksys helper Priya Could you please check with the Dns numbers Mark yes the dns Connected to Router. Not to Internet Though. is Priya Click Start Click Run Type in command You will get the Black window Mark k there Priya You will get a Black window with Blinking Cursor Type PING and press Enter Mark k done Priya Are you getting replies Mark yes says reply from bytes time ms ttl Mark got Priya Type PING and press Enter Mark same thing Mark Reply from bye Connected to Router. Not to Internet Though. time ms ttl Priya Type PING yahoo com and press Enter Mark says unknown host Priya It should be the problem with the DNS in the computer We have tried assigning a Static DNS but still not woking Priya So I would suggest you to check with your computer manufacture nbsp

A:Connected to Router. Not to Internet Though.

Awakened987 said:

Okay well after many hours on linksys live chat I still cannot get the computer that is running a wirless pci adapter to log onto the internet.

Computer 1 Running the plugged in Ethernet and router:
Specs: Windows Xp, Wirless-B Broadband Router Linksys Model No. BEFW11S4

Ip: 192.168.1.1
Default Gatway: 192.168.1.1
Dns Servers:69.50.188.180

No probelm uing the interent with the plugged in connection

Computer 2 Connecting with a Pci Wirless Adapter:
Specs: Windows 98 SE, Wirless-G Pci Adapter Model No Wmp54G v4

Connects to the router with strong signal rate but when i open up I.E. or try to connect to the actual internet I cannot.

I set the tcp/ip options in control panel as so: Obtain Ip Adress Automatically
Was told to set the dns Servers to 192.168.1.1 and 4.2.2.2 and to also just put any name for host.

When connected on the wirless pci adapter card i get it saying (You are connected to teh access point, but the internet cannot be found):

Transfer Rate: 11.0mbps
Channel: 6
Wep: 64-Bit Wep
Ip: 192.168.1.1
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Dns: 192.168.1.1
Dhcp client: enabled

Heres a littel excert of the chat with the linksys helper:

Priya(51195): Could you please check with the Dns numbers?
Mark: yes the dns is 192.168.1.1
Priya(51195): Click 'Start', Click 'Run'. Type in 'command', You will get the Black window.
Mark: k there
Priya(51195): You will get a Black window with Blinking Cursor. Type 'PING 192.168.1.1' and press 'Enter'.
Mark: k done
Priya(51195): Are you getting replies?

Mark: yes says reply from 192.186.1.1 bytes=32 time=42ms ttl=150
Mark: got 3
Priya(51195): Type 'PING 4.2.2.2' and press 'Enter'.
Mark: same thing
Mark: Reply from 4.2.2.2 bye=32 time=42ms ttl=247
Priya(51195): Type 'PING yahoo.com' and press 'Enter'.

Mark: says unknown host
Priya(51195): It should be the problem with the DNS in the computer, We have tried assigning a Static DNS, but still not woking.
Priya(51195): So, I would suggest you to check with your computer manufacture.Click to expand...

First of all I noticed that your IP address and Gateway address are the same. This will not work. No two nodes on a LAN can have the same IP address. Secondly, 192.168.1.1 is not a valid DNS server address to provide you will Internet access. This is your gateway address, or the address of the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-router-not-to-internet-though.415856/
Relevancy 68.37%

First post - Hi

I have a problem that has been going on for a while now. My internet will be fine for hours but suddenly I will lose connection to the internet but I will still be connected to the router and can access the router page. When I diagnose the connection I get the message "DNS isn't responding".

When this happens it isn't only my computer that loses internet, every thing in the house does (laptop, iphone, xbox 360).

Usually after a few minutes it will fix itself but this is very annoying as I am into online gaming.

I am connected wirelessly to the router, as are the iphone and laptop. The 360 is connected to the router through a homeplug. My router is a D-Link.

Yesterday I updated the wireless adapter driver but didn't help.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

A:Connected to router but not internet

You already pointed to the problem...but then you were trying things elsewhere to solve it. If you can always access your router's page, that means the problem has to be occuring past your router. Most likely, it means you have a flaky cable modem or the line into your house isn't of the best quality. Either one should be directed to your ISP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144810-connected-router-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Dear I have a Laptop and a Desktop system I have installed windows on both the systems I have a printer I use internet on both the systems via Wireless Router i e connected to a broadband internet service without any problems Currently I use printer separately connecting to either systems if I want to print any file So far no problems But now I have two options to connect a Printer as a network Printer Shared Printer Connected Via Wireless Router I have successfully shared the printer to a system and have used the printer from other But there is a problem that I need to keep my System Desktop on all the time I want use the Printer So I need to know the Proper Settings to connect a Printer to a Wireless Router so that it can be accessed from both systems without keeping any of my systems on all the time To do that I need to know step by step settings because I have tried a lot but nothing happened Any Printer IP If yes then how to apply IP to a Printer Should I connect and install drivers of the Printer first on the system and connected to Printer Router then connect to wireless Router Everything in simplified way please Thanks

A:Printer connected to Router

If your printer is network capable then it should have come with a installation CD that will walk you through setting it up. I just did this recently with my Brother HL-2270DW laser. Works great.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/169623-printer-connected-router.html
Relevancy 68.37%

hi can someone please help I have But Connected Internet Router No an emachines ghz pentium mb memory running windows XP home sp The main computer is connected by ethernet cable to a Router Connected But No Internet netgear DG GT adsl wireless router internet is supplied by AOL broadband this is my problem up until about months ago this all worked fine the main computer connected fine and my laptop connected fine wirelessly and the second computer also wireless connected then it all just stopped connecting through the netgear router I took the Router Connected But No Internet computer to a friends house and it connected fine to there internet i gave the router to another friend and it connected fine to there computer and wirelessly to there laptop i contacted AOL and they say there connection is working ok i have changed all the wires leads there all ok If i go into my network connections it says i am connected packets sent received when i type into my explorer it says that my router in connected all my ip addresses are presant and everything seems to be fine BUT it still wont display the internet The laptop is the same it finds the netgear router and connects at excellent strength but wont display any internet pages even my nokia n wlan phone finds the router then connects but displays an error no gateway received please can anyone help with this problem as the main computer connects fine when you connect it to the original BT adsl wired modem and ran fine with the netgear one for about months before deciding to just stop working nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi i'm new here and i need help. I have a new Belkin 54G router that i bought so that i could play xbox live. The router isn't connected to the internet and i don't know how to get it connected. I've tried everything that i could think of and nothing is working but then again i'm not that great with computers.

I have verizon dsl and am running on windows XP.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Wireless-G VPN Router with RangeBooster.
I want to be able to see the clients that are currently connected to the wireless and also disconnect if i can or terminate there downloads.

I looked in the GUI for the router and didnt see anything of this nature.

Is there a 3rd party program that can do this or a 3rd party firmware (linux, etc)?

Relevancy 68.37%

I have a netgear dg834g wireless modem router that I am connecting 2 pcs and 1 laptop to, one of the pcs has just dropped the internet connection which I cannot seem to get back.

I can see the router with this PC and transfer files to/from the others on my network, can ping the others on the network but get no internet. I can ping 192.168.0.1 from the PC, but cannot see this in IE

the following is the from ipconfig/all

HOST NAME.............TINKERBELL
Primary DNS.............
Node Type................Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled.....No
WINS Proxy Enabled...No

Connection Specific DNS.....
Physical Address................00-etc
Dhcp Enabled.....................No
IP Address.........................192.168.0.4
Subnet MAsk......................255.255.255.0
Default Gateway.................192.168.0.1
DNS Servers......................192.168.0.1

The other PC is set up the same and has an internet connection, any help to sort would be appreciated

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I ve been having problems with router not but Connected to internet. my internet configuration my laptop has Connected to router but not internet. been working well until one day it refused to connect to the internet I tried a system restore and it put my internet back to normal but the problem would come back everytime I restarted my computer I kept the computer on standby mode instead of shutting it off recently but a windows update shut my pc down while I wasn t looking at the computer I cant get the internet connection back to how it was Connected to router but not internet. even with a system restore Here s what I ve got so far My computer is running on a Korean version of Windows Vista My router isn t the problem as other people in my house can connect to the internet Ipconfig all log Windows IP Configuration Host Name will provide if needed Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address edited will provide if needed DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc d c b ed b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- -B - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E E -F D - B C- B -C A B A AC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DFD - - F D- E -B FCC FC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I have tried the netsh commands such as netsh int ipv ipv reset reset log netsh winsock reset catalog for ipv it says Reseting Echo request failed Access is denied Reseting Global OK Reseting Interface OK for ipv it says Reseting Echo request failed Access is denied There s no user sepecified settings to be reset and the winsock reset works fine nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Router make : Netgear DG834G

The screenshot has details about connection status and ip config output.

what could be the problem? IE cannot go to any site. am able to ping/tracert to www.google.co.in or to any IP but browsers cant open any site.

Appreciate any help.

Regards

Relevancy 68.37%

Wait a minute! I do not want this: Internet > Modem > Router > Switch, but I want Internet > Modem > Router > Switch > Secondary Router. I would like devices that connect to the secondary router to also receive an internet connection. And yes, I understand that it probably makes no sense to do this.

A:Have router connected to switch

Originally Posted by evantig

Wait a minute! I do not want this: Internet > Modem > Router > Switch, but I want Internet > Modem > Router > Switch > Secondary Router. I would like devices that connect to the secondary router to also receive an internet connection. And yes, I understand that it probably makes no sense to do this.

And the need for a second Router is what? It can be used as simply another Switch, just don't connect a cable in the Uplink port which usually is for connecting to a Modem.
Modem to Router Uplink port, RJ45 ports to 3 devices and 4th to the Switch, one port on the Switch to another Switch, show how-to in the manual. I've done it this way but was short 2 ports so changed the 5-port Switch to an 8-port Switch. Two ports are for printers and two ports are for NAS drives. For best speeds the Router/s and Switch should be rated at 10/100/1000 or Gigabit. A Wireless Router should be 802.11n or ac.

One setup I'm having to work with in the next day or two is adding a Wireless Access Point/WAP to a wired Network, trying to do it with a second Wi-Fi Router as the WAP.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49240-have-router-connected-switch.html
Relevancy 68.37%

hi everybody,

last time i checked my cisco router, i found (last configuration changed at 12h00.......) but it wasnt me, so i'd like to know if there is a command
to know who had changed the configuration

thanks friends,

Relevancy 68.37%

hello i m having a problem with my router it s kind of tricky here s the thing i have a netgear mr v router at first the router gave me a hard time but i pulled it off after a while i connect to the internet through a webstar modem a big piece of crap i know but it s what i got though i connected the modem to the router and this to the ethernet but i couldn t open any website so i connected the usb port of the cablemodem to the computer too it was connected to the router through ethernet and then the router to the computer through ethernet and also the modem connected to the computer through usb i don t know what i had to do this it s really strange but it worked so i left it that way and like a month can't have connected router is internet if later today the modem was offline and i resetted it and it came quot online quot but i wasn t getting a connection so i did the same again and again so i called tech support they did a reset remotely or something like that and it worked again however when i connected the router i wasn t getting any connection to my wireless equipped devices and then I tried can't have internet if router is connected to open a website and my pc was also offline it was connected in the same way as before but know it didn t work and i tried the conventional setup i connected the modem to the router and the router to the pc but everytime i do this i can t get a connection in my pc don t know why though so i was hoping some tech genius in this forum could help me telling me what am i doing wrong or what the problem might be thank you for your time and your patience to read this long thread nbsp

A:can't have internet if router is connected

When you change the connected device on a broadband modem, you need to cycle power on the broadband modem, or it won't connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-have-internet-if-router-is-connected.421049/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all thanks for taking the time to help router to no but internet Connected me Yesterday for no apparent reason my internet quit working on my desktop pc which is connected via wireless Connected to router but no internet usb adapter to a linksys router It still connects to the Connected to router but no internet router but I can t access the router settings via like I used to When I try the web page just comes up as quot Problem loading page quot just like every other website does What s weird is every other computer in my house can connect just fine to the router and the internet works fine In fact I m using a laptop that sitting right in front of my desktop pc right now I ve tried other recommendations in other threads and haven t had any luck I would appreciate any help you guys can offer my info Windows Vista SP v Modem Motorola Surfboard SB N Wireless Router Connected to router but no internet Linksys WRT G v Network Adapter D-link DWA- Wireless USB adapter Antivirus Avast no firewall software except windows Here s my ipconfig all C Users Quigbrew gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Quigbrew Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description D-Link DWA- Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - - - D-D - C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c fdc b e f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - A- - - -D - C-CC-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DC Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - -D - C-CC-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BCF - BD- E -A -CE A BF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BCF - BD- E -A -CE A BF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Click to expand Attached is a screen shot of Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector s results Thanks again for the help nbsp

A:Connected to router but no internet

Okay, someone answered it in another forum. Somehow my tcp/ip settings got changed and the obtain an ip address automatically was deselected. Thanks anyways!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-router-but-no-internet.1045815/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I recently moved to Japan with my American router and American notebook. I have Linksys router wrt54g v.2
The wireless is connected to my notebook and ipad, I am connected local and Internet according to my network status. Seems fine at first but it won't let me open any heavy web pages. I can only open google and search, but I can't open the pages.

I entered the default ip address and got to the set up page for the router. I changed the settings to PPPoE entered the username and password.

I don't know what to do from here, please help!!! I need my wifi!!

Relevancy 68.37%

I am connected to my router, the icon says connected local and internet, but I open Firefox and IE7 and I get "Page cannot be displayed"

Help!?!

A:Connected to router but can't surf

Welcome
Try a clean boot to test
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Make a ping test
http://www.pingtest.net/
Try another browser.
Try safe mode with networking

Finally, read these suggestions
http://antivirus.about.com/od/window...rneterrors.htm

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287399-connected-router-but-cant-surf.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a my book essential (western digital) and when I plug it in to the router (netgear N900) it never shows up. I had the same drive before, but the other was 1 tb this is 1.5 tb and is has the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. I am running windows 8 pro, could this be it? The other one I had, which was the same, when I plugged into the router, it showed up as "readyshare". Now, there is nothing there. Any help would be great!

A:HDD not showing up when connected to router

I assume the N900 is a ReadyShare capable router.
I'm not sure how you do this in W8 without a Start Orb, but in W7 you connect the drive to the router, the USB light blinks, then you go Start > and in the search box type: \\readyshare and hit Enter and the drive should show up in My Computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271033-hdd-not-showing-up-when-connected-router.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I know this is a known problem that many have had. I have tried to find solutions through other posts ive read online but I can still not resolve this issue.

I can connect to the internet via the WLAN cable and it works fine. However, I would prefer to have freedom and use WIFI instead. But I can only connect locally. I know a bit about trying to fix it but I am no computer wizz kid so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The strange thing is I can connect to new networks sometimes ok on WIFI but others I get this problem I have mentioned.

The network I am tryng to connect to is one at home which is new.

Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/299936-wifi-router-only-connected-locally.html
Relevancy 67.51%

On my laptop which is a Windows bit HP Pavilion g - b dx I recently lost my my internet access I can log into my router but can't access the internet I have tried safemode with networking and also tried using a USB wireless network adapter I am confident that it is not my router I have about other devices connected to the wireless network with no issues I have also tried to connect to another network with no luck I have tried uninstalled and getting internet but Connected access no to router, the latest drivers If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate Connected to router, but no internet access it Thanks in advance Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Emily-HP Primary Dns Connected to router, but no internet access Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address D -DF- A- - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address D -DF- A- - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Connected to router, but no internet access Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd f c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday May AM Lease Expires Sunday May AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - D-D -D -DF- A- - - F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -E -B - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BC E- - F - FCD-FDEF DF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt

A:Connected to router, but no internet access

According to your ipconfig you should be online. I'm guessing that the either winsock or the network stack is somehow messed up. If that is the case then resetting them should fix the problem.

Save the file below, unzip then click on the .exe and let the file run until your machine reboots. Report back and let me know what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/231738-connected-router-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 67.51%

So, I restarted my linksys router (WRT54G model) yesterday because of some issues I was having. Right now, I have full bars for connectivity on all my devices (Acer Aspire laptop running Windows 7 starter) when the Ethernet cord is connected from the modem to the router, but I have no internet access. Only when my laptop is connected directly to the modem, I have access to the internet (but ofcourse no wireless). How can I fix this problem?

A:Router connected, but no internet access

A restart will not cause any problem like that. Maybe you were switching devices connected to the modem and forgetting to power cycle the modem when switching?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-connected-but-no-internet-access.1033254/
Relevancy 67.51%

I am having trouble keeping a stable internet connection when connecting through the router. I am on my third new router in one week thinking it was a router issue but I don't think so anymore. I am on cable internet using a motorola surfboard modem. The router I bought is a Belkin N750. I also tried a Cisco E1200 and EA2700 with no luck. I have been on the phone with support for probably ten hours total and tried all of their settings to no avail. Hours of troubleshooting and no answer. Hoping someone can help me out with this.

Relevancy 67.51%

I have a router Printer to connected networked not Panasonic DP- printer connected directly to a Printer connected to router not networked WRT G linksys router The corresponding LED light lights up and is blinking telling me I think that the device is connected to the router and is showing network activity However it is not showing up on the network on which I additionally have four Vista and XP computers which are performing fine I can t ping the printer s IP address which is outside the dhcp parameters and the subnet mask agrees with the router I don t think it is a firewall problem as the printer is listed as an exception Is there a problem with the printer not being compatible with Vista which is running on one out of three of the networked computers I have reset the router reset the printer turned the printer on and off a hundred times and switched wires to ones I know are working I have been holding off calling a technician but I have spent hours on this in vain now it s the principle of the thing please help nbsp

A:Printer connected to router not networked

Turn on the printer and log into your router's configuration interface. Your router may be a bit different from mine, but what you want to look for is the DHCP Clients Table. In my router click on Status > Local Network > DHCP Clients Table, yours should be similar. Verify that your printer is in the table.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-connected-to-router-not-networked.788719/
Relevancy 67.51%

I ve got a desktop running vista connected to a wireless router via cat cable which in turn is connected to my DSL modem Vista is giving me limited or no connectivity issues it will connect to the router but it won t connect to the internet My laptop running XP connects to the wireless as well as the internet What could the problem be I ve already turned of the tcipv thing and I ve tried a few other fixes but to no avail Even when I connect the modem directly to the computer it says that it s connecting to a local network and still no internet I would sincerely appreciate not router connected internet but to to Vista any help I can get Below is my ipconfig information Windows IP Configuration Host Name COMPUTER Primary Dns Vista connected to router but not to internet Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - C- - D-E - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

hello, my wireless router is working (I think) but when i open network connections it says disabled. i say it's working bec i have xbox live and i have a good connection.
?

Relevancy 67.51%

So frustrating - network shows that it is connected ie shows activity and number of received bytes but it wont connect to the internet - have even taken this laptop back to factory settings without any success. Have been able to connect to all other wireless routers ie different interent service providers and in public locations without a hitch but with this one forget it. I live with 8 others and they are all able to connect but not me. Have you got any ideas on what I could do to get this connection happening?

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello, my router's (Edimax) maximum bandwidth is 54Mbps using b+g in mixed mode, however all i get is over 1MB of bandwidth between router and PCs. Why is that? How can i make it run at full speed?

Thanks.

Relevancy 67.51%

hi , i have 2 computers at my house , and sometimes i just want to block the other one for internet connection while im online , because my step dad knows nothing about internet connections , and in his opinion , opening as much bittorent apps as you can it's the best way to achieve success in life ^_^ .
so . is there anyways to teach a man a lesson by simply disconnecting him from the internet ?
my router is :
LEVEL ONE
WBR-3406

i found this options on router :
forward rules > special AP , and it has a line to insert the port , and a checkbox to "enable" connection

i'm not sure i can disable connection here , but seems close to my goal . ( i rather to disconnect the whole connection and not just some apps port)

and the other option i found is MAC control .
http://up360.siz.co.il/up3/kzzwyvwzoldn.jpg

can this help me ?

A:blocking one of the computers connected to router

Subwoffer13, some routers allow you to turn off and on dhcp. this way you can change the ip range of the router and put a fixed IP on your machine, without dhcp giving your other machine an IP in the range of the routers's IP range, they can't get anywhere.

If it was a wireless machine, the MAC address can be entered and not allowed to access the wireless router/access point.

rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/269173-blocking-one-computers-connected-router.html
Relevancy 67.51%

My linksys adapter wont connect to the internet, but will connect to the router. I think that it is not getting an IP address. And yes, I have updated drivers and all that jazz.

Here are some screenshots.

DHCP Client Disabled? hmm..

Thanks for any help

A:Linksys: Connected to the router, but not the internet

you have an IP of all zeros

From a Johnwill post

IP addresses of all zeros are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
DHCP Service not running.
Duplicate IP address on the network.
Bad NIC card drivers.
Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.

Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, restart (power cycle) the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.

Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.

Replace the Network Interface Card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-connected-to-the-router-but-not-the-internet.1057646/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a windows amp computer bit on a home network running on an Airport Express for WiFi which is wired to my satellite modem Connection to the internet is not a problem but I cannot connect to the printer wired to the Airport Express nor can I even see the Airport Extreme that printer or the Connected see to but the internet, cannot router i am using as a music bridge Note I have laptops which connect to everything just fine When I run Airport Utility it tells me ithat quot airport utility was unable to find any airport devices quot Not sure I have a virus or trojan but I was directed here I have followed the posting instructions and run all the scans Below are the contents of the contents of the DDS txt file I DO have a windows install disc Code DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by User at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Connected to the internet, but cannot see the router or printer AV Webroot SecureAnywhere Enabled Updated A FE - CB-F - - SP Webroot SecureAnywhere Enabled Updated DDC FF - EF -FB B- DF Connected to the internet, but cannot see the router or printer - A AC BB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C ProgramData EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXE C Program Files Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files PCPitstop PCPitstopScheduleService exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater loggingserver exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework hpsa service exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service v IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Reimage Reimage Repair ReiGuard exe C Program Files Webroot WRSA exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Webroot WRSA exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AVG SafeGuard toolbar vprot exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files PCPitstop Download Nitro pcpitstop-nitro exe C Program Files Garmin Express Tray ExpressTray exe C Users User AppData Local Amazon Cloud Player Amazon Music Helper exe C Program Files Driver Restore Driver Restore DriverRestore exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Audible Bin AudibleDownloadHelper exe C Windows syst... Read more

A:Connected to the internet, but cannot see the router or printer

Beerking1,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your logs. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/connected-to-the-internet-but-cannot-see-the-router-or-printer-816170.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I am introducing a new VoIP system into an existing LAN.
Customer requirements were to keep voice and data separate. We have two data drops for each location, separate POE switches for phones and everything.
Now they want to use some of the desktop features for phones, etc...

The computer subnet is 192.168.1.0 and phone subnet is 192.168.2.0 both with 255.255.255.0

The 1.0 and 2.0 networks are two ports on a SonicWall firewall/router

What do I need on the router to allow the 1.0 pc network to access the phones 2.0 network?

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connected-two-subnets-with-sonicwall-router.1107266/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a DSL modem (BritePort) and a Netgear RangeMax Next (WNR854T) wireless router. We have 4 laptop computers (3 PCs with Windows Vista and one Mac Lapbook). We can all connect to the internet, but none of us can stay connected. We all get "bumped off" at the same time. I connected 1 of the laptops to the router with an ethernet cable, and that one keeps the connection when the others lose it, so I've solved the problem for one, but this is not a feasible solution for the others. I've tried moving the modem and router around, but that hasn't helped either.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,
today I've noticed while playing CS GO, that my ping would raise up to a thousand or even more. I've checked every little thing and it did not seem that the computer is causing the problem neither the Cs Go server.

Strangely, after the 2nd computer went off, the internet was normal again. So I checked it to be sure.

When the 2nd computer for example has a launched video on youtube, my ping would go crazy, when it was off, my ping was back to normal. Does anyone know, what might cause this strange problem? Thanks for help in advance.

A:Problem with 2 computers connected to a router

Hi Goodfeller, and welcome to TSG.

Streaming video is data intensive and could be using up most of your available Internet connection bandwidth, resulting in longer ping times for you and buffering issues for the person with the video feed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-2-computers-connected-to-a-router.1145431/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I want to know how to connect Wireless USB card with Wireless Router.

I installed driver etc. But I saw a message of Windows Zero configuration.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue.

Regards

A:USB LAN Card is not Connected with Wireless Router

Hi:You have not told us anything about your network environment,so a little difficult to give you answers.But,here are some very broad ground rules for basic network building.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
• WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
• Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic (or perhaps manual).

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-lan-card-is-not-connected-with-wireless-router.841222/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have two computers connected wirelessly to a router One is a Mac running OSX and one is a PC running Windows Vista The router is an Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station I have a printer connected to the router with a USB connected Cannot print to to printer router cable Both computers can successfully connect to the internet and they both can print to the network printer A third computer is connected to this network a new PC running Cannot print to printer connected to router Windows It can successfully connect to the internet via the router but I cannot print to the network printer Cannot print to printer connected to router The printer driver was installed automatically in the new PC by connecting the printer directly to the PC via USB cable The printer worked fine when it was connected directly But when I reconnected the printer to the router the new PC does not print I have gone to Control Panel Devices and Printers right-clicked the printer selected Printer properties clicked the Sharing tab and made sure that share this printer is checked The printer is set as the default printer I have tried to find a solution in SevenForums and other user groups but no luck Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Cannot print to printer connected to router

When you install a network printer, you can't plug it into the printer via USB and then disconnect it, hoping it will work. Windows will still look for the USB connection - it doesn't know the printer is connected to a router.

Since the printer is connected to an Apple router, hopefully the router instructions will explain how to get the printer sharing to work. I'm sure there's going to be something about creating a tcp/ip port, but I don't know for certain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243517-cannot-print-printer-connected-router.html
Relevancy 67.51%

have a dell laptop, connects easily to wireless network, no internet access. ipad connects to same wireless network with internet access help me please?

A:connected to wireless router no internet

Hello and welcome to SF,

Can you please post an ipconfig /all for review.

Also can you download and install xirrus form the link below and open it up and post a screeenshot for us to review please.

Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262817-connected-wireless-router-no-internet.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Desktop XP.
Modem connected to router in the right places. Wireless works, internet works on desktop.

I go to 192.168.0.1
Its the settings for the modem not my DI-624 router? where did this page go??

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Since Thursday morninG Feb I have not been able to connect to the internet with my laptop wirelessly I have tries to configure my IP address through the command prompt and oher suggestions I have found on the internet I have a computer that is wired to the router two laptops with a wireless connection and two playstation 's with internet access I have never encounted a failed connection liek this before Right not I have decided to back up my system and dump my system and restart all over When looking at networks I an connect to it says that seems but internet..HELP the I not to It connected wireless that the router am I am connected to my router However my computer internet management says that my WLAN is disconnected but my wi-fi router us in range and connected In my network and sharing option in the control panel when I try to diagnose my failed connection between router and internet it changes the reasons Right now the reason is that quot Primary DNS Server is currently online but is not repsonding to connection attempts at this time quot Then it explains smething about a firewall blocking quot domains quot I really need to get this issue fixed ASAP I have been using this router for close to years without a problem like this I It seems that I am connected to the wireless router but not the internet..HELP used it perfectly fine the night before I realized I had a problem Thank youuuuu Angela

A:It seems that I am connected to the wireless router but not the internet..HELP

Hello and welcome to the forum have you tried to a restore back to an earlier date, maybe like a couple of days ago.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287461-seems-i-am-connected-wireless-router-but-not-internet-help.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

So, my taskbar in the lower right hand of my screen tells me I'm connected to my router, but the internet isn't pulling up.

I ping the router, and it comes back timed out. I tried disconnecting, retyping the password, and reconnecting. I also tried setting up a static IP address, but to no avail.

My laptop connects fine, which is how I'm posting this, and also how I got some of the info to set up a static IP. The computer I'm having problems with is connected using a Netgear Wg111v2 dongle. The problems started after I tried to install, then uninstall Comodo Internet Security. I'm almost positive that this program doesn't have any malware or spyware bundled in.

A little help would be nice, thanks

Relevancy 67.51%

I am currently using newly installed windows xp (service pack2).The problem is whenever I plug my DSL router, everything freezes after 10 minutes. I can't even use my mouse and keyboard. It gives no errors or what so ever. It simply halts.
I have formatted hard disk and re-installed windows but the same problem. It was working fine when I was using Windows Vista(until last week).
I have ZTE-ZXDSL (831 series) router for DSL. I have figured out that it has something to do with Dhcp, because event viewer tells me that:

The IP address lease 192.168.1.2 for the Network Card with network address 000C76AE0D51 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

I am posting my connection properties:

IP address: 192.168.1.5
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
Preferred DNS server: 203.135.0.70
Alternate DNS server:203.135.1.117

A:Windows freezes when connected to router

DHCPNACK is, in short, a message your router sends back. Most commonly it happens when you move from one network to another (e.g. - Work to Home/Home to work, etc). Essentially - your computer is requesting to renew an IP address that is either invalid on that network (e.g. - the IP address your computer is requesting is 192.168.x.x and your router is configured as 10.0.x.x) or there is another computer on the network which has been assigned that IP address now. There are a couple of things you can try that from experience I've seen work in this situation (Repair option doesn't seem to work very well).
First make sure your TCP/IP settings aren't set to hardcoded IPs for the system, DNS, etc.
1) Run command prompt as administrator and type:
ipconfig /release <ENTER>
ipconfig /flushdns <ENTER>
ipconfig /renew <ENTER>
Test to see if it corrected the issue
2) Turn off ALL the network devices connected to the router whether wired or wirless (including game systems like Wii, Xbox360, PS3). Then unplug the router. Leave them off for a good while. It could only take a minute or so, but I actually unplugged everything and dinner was ready. Came back about an hour later and plugged up the router, waited for it to sync with the modem and then turned on the device with the error first - worked like a charm. Booted up everything else and it all worked perfectly.
I'll post more potential fixes here if I find any, but so far #2 seems to be working the best.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-freezes-when-connected-to-router.725046/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello, I am a first timer on any forum but am lost at what to do to fix my problem. I am using my iPhone to access the net to try and find solutions.

A couple of days ago my laptop was connecting to the net fine then later in the day we tried again and couldn't access the net. It has a strong router connection at home and also at another family members but no Internet access.

I've spent a very long time with my ISP twice with no success. Ive googled and tried things for hours. Its running Vista Home Basic. Say local connection only, started saying the router is unidentified, tried the ipconfig thing in cmd, it wont ping, media disconnected errors show and the error on the web page is 105 unable to resolve the servers DNS address.

Please let me know what else I need to let you know to try and fix this. Thank you

A:Connected to router but no Internet connection

Hello, open up Control Panel , then open up Network Sharing Center, then on the left of that screen , press the Diagnose and repair . Post back how that works out please.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/295192-connected-router-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 67.51%

i want to see what my girlfriend is doing while im at work. she keeps a password on her computer as soon as you turn it on. she has windows 7, i have vista and the router is a netgear wireless n router.

A:i want to see what a user is doing on a laptop that is connected to my router.

Against the rules I'm afraid, my friend.No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326934/i-want-to-see-what-a-user-is-doing-on-a-laptop-that-is-connected-to-my-router/
Relevancy 67.51%

I've been using Network Magic for almost 2 years with no problem & don't think my problem has to do with NM. Over the last 2 weeks, out of the blue, my wireless connection goes to some unsecured belkin network. I have to repeatedly delete that network, reconnect to me & within a second or two, I'm back on the belkin network. Sometimes I reboot my system, and the same thing happens. After I do this many times I then stay on my own network until it happens again ... maybe a couple days later. In my setting I say to connect to my network automatically, not any other network. This is happening on my laptop in my home. I am using a dlink router for over 2 yrs. Nothing in my set-up has changed for a long time.
I appreciate any possible help.

A:intermittently, i'm being connected to someone's unsecured router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittently-im-being-connected-to-someones-unsecured-router.789394/
Relevancy 67.51%

My router will only work if a LAN device (such as a PS3) is connected to the router and the internet. If the PS3 isn't connected to the internet, the modem light on the router will flash and nothing else will work. It's almost as if the PS3 is the administrator of the router. I've tried resetting the router to no avail... Any help? It's really frustrating to have to turn the PS3 on to use the internet for everything else.

ISP: MTS
Modem: MTS Motrolla...? I don't know. I dont think it's relevant in this anyways.
Router: Belkin N Wirless Router. Link: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=459569
WEP
Vista Home
Firefox

A:Router only works if a LAN device is connected.

Let's remove the PS3 from the mix and do some tests and configuration.
The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.

Note that the wireless encryption and channel selection will have to be done after the basic wired connection is established, the first step is to get wired connections working.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-only-works-if-a-lan-device-is-connected.854201/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have been trying to connect my laptop to my home WIFI for a couple of days now. It has recognised the modem and recognises that it is working. It has also connected to the modem but claims that there is no internet available. I know there is because both my iPhone and iPad are connected to it and working very well (hence being able to post this).

I have been through many of these different forums and seen lots of different ideas as to what to do but non of it has worked for me.

The wording of the messages on screen, when I try and connect, is that I have limited connectivity to the modem and then when I try and trouble shoot it says that my "wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89329-Unable-to-use-the-internet-even-when-connected-to-the-router
Relevancy 67.51%

My wireless router is connected to the internet and my laptop is connected to the router bit the laptop is saying no connection. The laptop was connected and I was responding to an email when it stopped working. The wireless router is working because my ninentdo Wii is able to access the internet. I just signed up to this website on my cell phone and hope some one will help me. Thank you

Relevancy 67.51%

Just installed a Netgear WGR614 router which works fine with one very annoying exception.

Since installation, Windows XP refuses to shutdown. At first it hung on "Windows Shutting Down" and now the screen cuts to black while the processor whirrs on. To switch off my PC I first have to pull the mains lead out of the router. Tried Netgear Support but they appear to be run by the same firm which services Network Rail, Orange Mobile Phones, etc.

Doe anyone have any ideas?

A:XP Won't Shut Down when Netgear Router is Connected

Hi, and welcome to the TSG forum
I'm not a network guru - but whats the firmware in the router - and what drivers do you have loaded?
maybe the drivers are the problem.
I assume this is connected via the lan cable and not usb???
Also on lans you can have a setup where the PC will wakeup and the lan keeps the pc on - not sure if this may have anything to do with it.......
http://www.dslreports.com/wakeup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-shut-down-when-netgear-router-is-connected.251637/