Windows Support Forum

No sound coming from computer

Q: No sound coming from computer

I have a Compaq and used to have no problems with audio until recently. The problem started when I was looking (just guessing) for a driver for my cell phone using one of these driver repair programs offered on the internet. After scanning and downloading the drivers the program said I needed. The sound ceased to work. The message I'M getting is "no sound chip installed or is in use with another program. Any suggestions? I've done everything I could think of but still no sound. Please advise...Thanks again

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No sound coming from computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No sound coming from computer

NEVER USE ANY OF THOSE ONLINE DRIVER PROGRAMS!! (cannot stress that enough)

You've probably just stumbled across the same problem a friend of mine ran into. After using one of those so called "Driver Detective" programs online, his sound, among a slew of other things, stopped working and it was actually malware. The system detected no sound device installed, though the drivers for his sound card were installed, and all of the mixing software was inaccessible. After hours of scanning, looking through registry entries and installed drivers, I couldn't find what was causing the problem, so we had to reinstall the OS.

Hopefully I'm wrong and your case is different. Check to see if the drivers for the sound card are still installed and if they are not, reinstall them yourself. You may even be able to roll back to a previous driver in Device Manager. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-from-computer.124887/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm looking for sound effect program.I had program 10 years or so , I think it was sound blaster live ( not sure) had some thing similar .Want I wont is program that will add sound effect to sound coming through my computer speakers or headphone. The different sound effects that make your voice sound deep ,less muffled voice, tunnel ,echo ,slow talking ,sound like you talking in small room ,car or out side.

I wont it for both music/sound/audio streaming from the internet and music/sound from the computer , I have on the computer.And be able to go in setting and turn it or off or add or remove effects.

I'm not sure but I think it was sound blaster live I had ,that had some thing similar to add effect to sound coming through the computer speaker or headphone.

Note I have windows 7 .So some thing that works with windows 7.

A:I'm looking for sound effect program , sound coming through the computer speaker

Creative (ie: Sound Blaster) has had that type of setting in their software for years. The Creative/Sound Blaster software is for their chipsets only. There could be a similar audio tool that works with any audio source, but I'm not familiar with any.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-looking-for-sound-effect-program-sound-coming-through-the-computer-speaker.1115422/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have no applications running at all in Windows. I have the system sound muted, but I still have some sound coming out of the speakers. It sounds like some talk radio. I also have all networking disabled. I have no idea where this is coming from.

How can I tell if any process on my computer is accessing the sound drivers?

A:Solved: computer sound muted but sound is still coming from speakers

In some cases, if the speakers are cheaply made and not sheilded, they can acutally pickup radio waves (especially if you live near a radio tower). Does the "Talk radio" continue if the speakers are on, while the computer is off?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-sound-muted-but-sound-is-still-coming-from-speakers.985554/
Relevancy 61.92%

This is about sound issues from the computer as in cant get sound from the comptuer Went to computer properties then multi media controller has yellow question mark next to it so tried to update driver it goes to the wizard but it will not find any drivers for it without a cd which dont have Tried roll back drivers says no drivers are backed up on file Went to sound drivers coming of out computer no sound sound audio video game controllers audio codecs says all the codecs are working for this computer Control panel sound sound drivers no sound coming out of computer audio says no sound device is connected Its also a problem because cannot access volume control either as media controller are not installed Thought it might be a motherboard issue so went to download to everest and got the chipset drivers for it That was simple enough but when went to foxconn and installed audio drivers for the motherboard because think it runs through the motherboard foxconn P M P M from foxconn site The sound card is realtek ALC AC enhanced audio controller Again got these drivers from foxxconn and exactly same issues Extracted the files easily enough from wizard but when go to exe run folder the run it says cannot find setupfilex dll Then go to gxdver it dont do anything Go to exe icon run and logger then it goes cannot run please find the setup exe file from the directory In the folders cannot seem to find anything that will install the actual drivers without a conflicting issue somewhere So everytime download this compressed driver folders for the drivers it has problems when the files are extracted The sound card is enabled and mutli media controller says code drivers not installed So done a windows xp update so it could use that to find the right software installed the latest update same thing Its all plugged in and the cable from speakers is plugged in Could it be a bios setting havent changed nothing there Dont no what else to try Because harddrive crashed again have had to do a fresh install of xp and before sound worked fine this is the first time since buying computer over year ago its done this Dylan roberts nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

i can not seem to get any sound to come from my computer any time i open anything media related it says i can not play music because no active mixers. i tried going to the computers website and downloading the audio driver from there but that does nothing. i took the panel off my computer and moved what i believed to be my sound card and that just brought up a new window when i started my computer saying it found new hardware. when i went through the windows it gave me i ended up having no drivers for the new device and dont seem to know what to do.

A:no sound coming from my computer

davidfrat said:

i can not seem to get any sound to come from my computer any time i open anything media related it says i can not play music because no active mixers. i tried going to the computers website and downloading the audio driver from there but that does nothing. i took the panel off my computer and moved what i believed to be my sound card and that just brought up a new window when i started my computer saying it found new hardware. when i went through the windows it gave me i ended up having no drivers for the new device and dont seem to know what to do.Click to expand...

Hi David and welcome to the TS Forum

Heres a couple of things to try

First go into Device manager and find the items that may have a yellow exclamation mark next to them and uninstall them, then reboot, when windows starts it should reinstall any lost drivers, you may need to have the driver disk at hand if you dont have it download the relevant drivers from the manufacturers website.

Verify that the sndvol32.exe file is located in the system32 folder under C:\\windows\. If not install it there from your CD or download it online. Then go to the control panel and click on "Sounds & Auido Devices" put a check beside "Place volume Icon on task bar."

Or

Go to Start --> Run, and type in services.msc.
A window will pop up with a list of services. Scroll down to Windows Audio. Right-click
and click on Properties.

Make sure that "Startup type" is set to automatic. Also, make sure, under "Service status," start is selected.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-from-my-computer.62587/
Relevancy 60.63%

hi guys and girls. i need some help here.

i recently reinstalled Windows XP on my computer and since then i havent had any sound come from my computer. In control panels 'sounds and audio devices' it says that there is "no audio device".

In 'device manager' "other devices" has a big yellow question mark next to it. and when you click on it it drops down a small list of items.
- multimedia audio controller
- SM bus controller
- universal serial bus (USB) controller
- video controller (VGA compatible)
all of which have big yellow question marks next to them.

i think i might need to install some drivers but dont know which ones. my computer is a HP pavilion t550a.

i really miss my sounds and music and would appreciate any help i can get.
thanks heaps!

A:No sound coming from computer :S

Your computer should have come with a motherboard driver installation disk and the sound card drivers should be on that disk.

If you do not have a disk, you should be able to download & install those drivers on the HP support page of their web-site.

It also appears you do not have the USB and video drivers for this computer either. You should also be able to find them the same way.

I think this is your link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=404444&lang=en#

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-coming-from-computer-s-128148.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, yesterday I did a restore system back to factory setting on my Sony Vaio Laptop PCG-5GEP. After that I installed the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 cause I needed it to installed Visual Studio 2010. But since then there are no sound coming out from the computer (videos, skype, music etc). But surprisingly there IS startup sound everytime I turn on the computer, but that is it, no more other sounds coming out.

I did a Update Driver in Device Manager for sound, but it says I have the latest version.

Anyone please help?

A:No sound coming out from computer!

Originally Posted by Izzy123

Hi, yesterday I did a restore system back to factory setting on my Sony Vaio Laptop PCG-5GEP. After that I installed the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 cause I needed it to installed Visual Studio 2010. But since then there are no sound coming out from the computer (videos, skype, music etc). But surprisingly there IS startup sound everytime I turn on the computer, but that is it, no more other sounds coming out.

I did a Update Driver in Device Manager for sound, but it says I have the latest version.

Anyone please help?

O.K. I am running service pack 2, 64 bit vista O.S. HP dv6000 laptop If you would like I could walk you through some different "Places" that your machine might be a bit stubborn with.....

I am extremely new here !!

Note: I am an electrical engineer not a digital guru, I work with descrete
componets not computer systems !!!

Before you do any digging, unpluggall devices ( active speakers, headphones out of front jacks, Ect)

To open volume mixer..Left click on speaker icon, You should see a vertical green indicator that "Follows" the changing amplitude of audio signal, if it's working..If you do see changinging vertical indicator but no audio signal click on red round speaker icon and you will have restored your audio..

Next......Right click same speaker Icon as before, Click and a indicating box will appear, mine says "speakers" and realtec digital audio.... There sould be a green check mark near the "speaker" icon....And it will be showing vertical deflection if audio is working...

If any of the above does not adjust out properly, click on the microsoft icon, then accessories, sytem tools, and then the control panel.

Click on hardware, and sound you will see 3 options, Adjust, change, and manange audio devices... Play around with these 3 options....

You will discover other rooms with controls...Play and check... there are lots of "test" buttons you can use thoughout your journey, good luck and use "string" so you can find your way back.

If this does not do the fix, we will just have to try something different...

Alex S.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/283179-no-sound-coming-out-computer.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Alright, i have searched high and low for a fix to this but just cant figure it out.... days and days of searching and nothing, so now i bring it to a forum. I have a computer that has no sound. the speakers are plugged in and work. I do not have a sound icon in the bottome right corner task bar. when i go to try to fix that its greyed out and i cant click anything, i dont know what to do right now any help would be helpful

Relevancy 60.63%

Earlier this week, windows xp just reinstalled itself. I had no idea why, but I was unable to run a lot of stuff due to having to update drivers. I'm not sure what to do about the sound drivers though.

I'm running an eMachines computer, xp 32-bit. In dxdiag, in the sound tab, it says that no sound card was found. Any ideas?

A:No sound coming from computer

I failed to mention this in your other, similar post but what do you mean exactly when you say XP reinstalled itself?

As for your sound drivers, unless I'm misunderstanding the problem go to the eMachines website and see if you can locate the sound drivers you need.

I can't be more specific because you didn't provide the model number of your PC or what kind of sound card you might be running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-from-computer.158663/
Relevancy 60.63%

I was working on my computer editing music when suddenly all sound stopped. If I go into the sound mixer from the taskbar there is nothing listed under applications under speakers. If I plug headphones in sometimes Chrome shows up under applications, sometimes it doesn't.

Right now headphones are not plugged in but Chrome is still listed under headphones and not speakers. Earlier today it wasn't playing music through the headphones either. There doesn't seem to be any pattern for this to happen.

I have already updated all drivers, restarted the computer multiple times and run diagnostics from Dell's website (the computer is a Dell Inspiron N5110). the audio diagnostic failed at the microphone testing stage and wouldn't let me get any further with the tests. I have even performed a boot-scan with Avast Antivirus to make sure it's not a virus that is messing with my system, but to no avail.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

A:No sound coming from computer (8.1 Pro)

Check the Sound devices listing in the Device Manager. What is the status that is shown for IDT HD Audio? Does it show as working OK, or is there an error code (post the code).

If it shows working OK, RIGHT click on the IDT entry to highlight it and then LEFT click "Uninstall" DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the audio. This fixes any corruptions and hopefully will fix yours.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/44679-no-sound-coming-computer-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm at my wits end!! I have no sound coming from my computer. I can't listen to music, watch videos, nothing! I've tried playing music files from my computer, and from the internet.

HP Pavilion dv7 notebook

I've made sure nothing was muted, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, restarted the computer, just about everything I could think of. Please Help!!

A:no sound coming from computer at all!

Hi,
A few prompts.
Is the notebook new or has the sound ever worked and what happens when you try to play a music cd in the drive?
Is it recognized as a music cd?
And this might sound silly is the volume On in the program you are using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-coming-from-computer-at-all.1067885/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have looked in my sound files and cannot from sound computer coming Unexplained find one that matches the one that plays periodically I have looked around the net and some say that it is a virus Please help My Hijack This scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services Unexplained sound coming from computer exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files PCSecurityShield The Shield Firewall FireWall exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRAM FILES PCSECURITYSHIELD SHIELDANTIVIRUS VRMONNT EXE C PROGRAM FILES PCSECURITYSHIELD SHIELDANTIVIRUS VRRES EXE C Program Files PCSecurityShield ShieldAntivirus vrmonsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Thomas W Hodgson Desktop My Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Farstone Url Blocker - AEF D- C - E- E E- A DC A - C PROGRA PCSECU THESHI IrlOnIE dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Farstone Popup Blocker - E F B D- A F- E-BED -D BC F - C PROGRA PCSECU THESHI FARPOP DLL O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run DwlClient C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe O - HKLM Run Vrmon C Program Files PCSecurityShield ShieldAntivirus vrmonnt exe Main O - HKLM Run VrSchedule C Program Files PCSecurityShield ShieldAntivirus Vrres exe O - HKLM Run dwStart C Program Files PCSecurityShield The Shield Firewall FireWall exe O - HKLM Run PC Pitstop Optimize Scheduler C Program Files PCPitstop Optimize PCPOptimize exe -boot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dll O - Extra button MUSICMATCH MX Web Player - d ca b-ef - af-bee - d a c d - http wwws musicmatch com mmz openWebRadio html ... Read more

A:Unexplained sound coming from computer

Please! Anyone got any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unexplained-sound-coming-from-computer-150574.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
Recently Ive noticed that when no windows are up and my computer has no programs open ill hear random noise like "Hi Congratulations you've just won" Blah blah blah etc etc and stuff like that and sometimes i also get random pop ups. i have the latest version of McAfee and i run a full virus scan and it seems that it found 1 threat call "Generic!Artemis" and Quanrtined it but im still a little worried and want to know what i can do to make sure that the virus is really fully off my computer. Id really aprreciate some help and i will post Hijack this log if u need me to. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-sound-ads-coming-from-computer.815806/
Relevancy 59.77%

Can you tell me if there is some way to stop this ticking sound comming from my computer?

A:Ticking sound coming from Computer

what sort of ticking,
Sometimes webpages can have a background tickig if they are auto refreshing, close all web browsers and see if that makes it go away

it could be a harddrive - how old is the machine, a ticking is often the first sign that the harddrive is about to break..
Make sure you backup / copy any of your wanted data - quickly.....

can you decribe the ticking any further
make and model of the machine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ticking-sound-coming-from-computer.868156/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm going to try to explain this the best I can. Anytime my computer is doing something, (sounds like it's only from a select number of programs) I can hear a weird low volume (but still very noticeable) screeching noise that gets higher in pitch. It only lasts about 3-4 seconds and sometimes happens again immediately. Sounds like it's either the HDD or...network traffic. (I know it sounds weird.) For example when updating Avast antivirus definitions. Anyways here's my specs if they help.

Asus K8N-VM Micro ATX Mobo
AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.6Ghz Single Core CPU (Socket 754)
1GB DDR RAM
320GB WD Caviar Blue HDD
Nvidia Geforce 7600GS (PCI-E)
Windows XP Home Edition

Don't worry I'll be upgrading all this soon, (except for the HDD) it's just that I don't have a job and I'm a little short on money (Upgrades would cost about $350.00 off Newegg.)

A:Very strange sound coming from computer

to Bleeping Computer, sjvirchow.

I've experienced something similar to this before on my Mom's old Acer laptop...if you had the wireless turned on and closed the lid, it would make this high-pitched noise...turn off the wi-fi, doesn't do it. It appeared to be some sort of interference between the wireless card and some component of the lid.

This may or may not be the same thing you are experiencing.

I doubt it is the hard drive, in your case...a hard drive making that kind of noise could not function for long without blowing up.

Is the sound coming out of the speakers or can you narrow it down to a particular place around the case? Try turning off various components, and see if you can narrow down what could be causing it.

Could it be caused by your fan(s)? Try thoroughly blowing out the case with a can of compressed air.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316509/very-strange-sound-coming-from-computer/
Relevancy 58.91%

So after my problems with my Altec Lansing speakers (detailed on another thread) I decided to bite the bullet and just buy new speakers. Except that now there is a problem with that too.

I have a HDMI cable attached to my laptop so that I can use my TV as a second monitor. That's fine and dandy, except that the sound only comes out from my TV, not from my laptop speakers or my new speakers. I've tried to use Windows settings to adjust things but there doesn't seem to be any such option.

On my last computer all I had to do was plug and play, so I'm not sure why this is happening. It's quite a hassle because when the HDMI cable is attached, all my sound comes from the TV.

A:Sound not coming from computer speakers when hooked up to TV?

Which settings did you try ? Control Panel > Sound > Playback tab > Speakers should be set as default.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/33122-sound-not-coming-computer-speakers-when-hooked-up-tv.html
Relevancy 58.91%

There's this high pitch sound coming from my computer. You can hear it if you're within like 6 or 7 feet. I think it's coming from the cooling fan. The weird thing I noticed is that the sound goes away if my ethernet cable is not plugged in.
Any ideas how to fix it?

A:High pitch sound coming from computer.

Quote: Originally Posted by natturner

There's this high pitch sound coming from my computer. You can hear it if you're within like 6 or 7 feet. I think it's coming from the cooling fan. The weird thing I noticed is that the sound goes away if my ethernet cable is not plugged in.
Any ideas how to fix it?

Natturner hi and welcome
There are of course many things that can cause this but the most frequent ones are fans. Is your computer a laptop, or desktop? Is it under warranty?

If you feel comfortable, and it is not in warranty, you can (on a desktop) unplug it and open the case. Carefully (electricity is dangerous) look for loose parts on the fans. When finished plug it back in and turn it on. Can you still hear it? Can you see where it is coming from ?

Let us know if you need further assistance

Jan

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107556-high-pitch-sound-coming-computer.html
Relevancy 58.91%

There is a very loud ring sound coming from my computer. It sounds like a fire alarm. I have been unable to detect any viruses.

I am attaching my HIJACK this file.

A:Very Loud Alarm Sound coming from my computer

Hi murpqWelcome to Bleeping Computer.I'm maranatha and I will be handling your log. I am a student here at BC so all my posts will be checked by one of our experts, so there may be a slight delay between posts.We need to get you updated to the new version of Hijackthis. Please do the following.Download a copy of HijackThis installer from here and save it to your Desktop. Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.Double-click on the HJTintall.exe icon on your desktop.
(Let it install to the default location C:\Program Files\Hijackthis)Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialogue.Put a check by Create a desktop icon and then click Next again.Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch HijackThis.Click on the Do a system scan only button.Then Close HJT.CAUTION: DO NOT have HijackThis "fix" anything without carefully following expert guidance. Otherwise, you might render your computer unstable or even unbootable. Most of what HijackThis finds will be harmless or even required.Once this is installed successfully then please go into Add and Remove Programs and delete HijackThis v1.99.1 from the list.Now do this.Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your desktop.Double click RSIT.exe to start the tool.At the disclaimer, please use the drop down box to select 3 months for the file/folder search, then click Continue.If prompted by your firewall to allow RSIT to access the internet, please allow it. It will be updating yourr version of HijackThis.When the scan completes it will open a log named log.txt maximized, and a log named info.txt minimized.Please post the contents of log.txt here in your next reply.Please post the RSIT logs. Please do not add them as an attachment, post them into the body of your reply.Thanksmaranatha

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174260/very-loud-alarm-sound-coming-from-my-computer/
Relevancy 58.91%

I know there's a lot of posts on this topic already but I really just need to ask :x

Only 2 days ago my computer started making a high pitch sound on
very random occassions (sometimes when I am using digital art programs)
and I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. My little brother has been whining
and my dad can't seem to hear it D:

I read some forum posts about it here and there.. most of them say it's a problem
with either the dirty fans, HD, vid card/montior, or PSU? I cleaned out my computer
so the dirty fan option is out...and I'm positive it's not my monitor because the
sound is clearly coming from the computer..

Problem is I don't know how to tell if it's the vid card, HD or PSU
Help would be appreciated

A:High-pitch sound coming from computer

Oh if it helps, this started happening recently after I tried to transfer my data
from my old HD to a new one. Might have something to do with that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitch-sound-coming-from-computer.98687/
Relevancy 58.91%

Exactly what the title says This a new computer bought weeks ago Loaded everything back up and has been going fine Now this things Sound from certain I computer when click coming sound is coming from the computer not the speakers This is confirmed by unplugging the speakers Now this primarily happens when I am in IE I will hit the back button or forward button and sometimes out of the blue by idling on a web page a sound will come from the computer I prefer working with IE This gets annoying after a while Please help I ran all my malware and virus tools and got rid of some malware and what not other things might cause it but now at a loss I will load my hijackthis report as well So any and all help is appreciated thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C Windows jmesoft hotkey exe C Program Files x Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x HTC HTC Sync htcUPCTLoader exe C Users Joseph Emsick AppData Roaming mjusbsp magicJack exe C Program Files Lenovo Lenovo Eye Distance System Lenovo Eye Distance System exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Sound coming from computer when I click certain things Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Trend Micro RUBotted RUBottedGUI exe C Users Joseph Emsick Downloads Sound coming from computer when I click certain things HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www lenovo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www lenovo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Sound coming from computer when I click certain things Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files x Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO no name - AD -AEAC- B- -C D DC - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Google ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-coming-from-computer-when-i-click-certain-things.1052130/
Relevancy 58.91%

i dont know why but it happened like this morning or yesterday
sounds coming out of my computer even when my headphones are plugged in
i have checked my playback devices but the speakers from the laptop and default devices and my headphones are communication default
i tried to set it and default but it would never work and if i turned off the laptop speakers the volume would just turn off please help i dont know what to do

My Laptop System Model is HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC and my speakers are IDT high definition audio codec
i do not have realtek audio manager or whatever it is and thats the only way i could think of next and i know it would not work on windows 7

i dont know what other information to give so please help me

A:Headphones Plugged in And Sound coming Out of the Computer

found out why it was doing this
it was because of a steam game
whenever i turned it on
it would use the speakers
idk why
SOLVED
even though no1 helped

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/248976-headphones-plugged-sound-coming-out-computer.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok so basicly the problem is that I keep hearing a really annoying high pitched sound coming out sound computer. High-pitched my coming out of of the desktop computer I don t hear it until I play some games not all of them for like hour Okay so today I was playing my football game on the computer when I began to hear the high pitched sound I pressed ctrl alt High-pitched sound coming out of my computer. del and I found out that my CPU usage was at and after I stopped the game it went down to The game consumed High-pitched sound coming out of my computer. only mb out of my gb ram I think it has to do something with my CPU but could you help me and try to explain me what s the problem High-pitched sound coming out of my computer. of my computer Please if you have any misunderstandings regarding my problem tell them here so I could relate more about it I m not much of a computer wizzard and nor am I a good english speaker but I ll do my best to try to communicate with you I really want to know what s causing this sound nbsp

A:High-pitched sound coming out of my computer.

Remove the left side of the case and watch/listen to identify where the sound is coming from.
HWmonitor http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/1.19-setup.exe should show you the cpu fan speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-pitched-sound-coming-out-of-my-computer.1059675/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi again. I just had sound issues resolved last week but I'm here again for my computer...and it involves the sound.

Here are my computer's details:

computer is HP COMPAQ dc7100 SFF
Win XP Professional - 64bit
Service Pack 2
Version 2003

Sound did reinstall but now, we can't get the sound to play out of one area. If I plug in the headphones, sound should only go to the headphones but it doesn't. Can someone tell me know to get this straight?

thanks again...

myslyn

A:sound coming out of headphone and computer's speaker!

Open the audio manager, look for the advanced settings option then check the option to mute the rear output device when the front headphone is plugged in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-coming-out-of-headphone-and-computers-speaker-723705.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello!
When my computer comes back from sleep mode, it intermitently makes a whooshing sound. Is this the drive spinning up? It only happens after coming back from sleep mode. If the computer never goes into sleep mode, the problem doesn't occur. Is this something serious or should I just live with it?
Thanks
Michael Doherty

A:Computer makes whoosing sound after coming back from sleep mode

It will probably be both the drives and the cooling fans combined, in which case that's normal unless it's only recently started making that noise even though you've been using sleep mode previously and the noise did not occur on wake-up.

Provided everything is working okay and you are getting no BSODs or other crashes, all will be normal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-makes-whoosing-sound-after-coming-back-from-sleep-mode-613343.html
Relevancy 57.19%

HELP!

I have just reinstalled XP on my computer and now my audio card won't work. So i went to sort it and downloaded the appropriate driver of the internet (SiS 7018 Audio Driver) and ran it, However i previously uninstalled the sound driver and now even if i complete setup it wont work.

HELP please.

Ill provide any information needed so just ask

A:HELP! No sound coming from computer, error meassage: Need audio driver to play.

chrisbiron said:

HELP!

I have just reinstalled XP on my computer and now my audio card won't work. So i went to sort it and downloaded the appropriate driver of the internet (SiS 7018 Audio Driver) and ran it, However i previously uninstalled the sound driver and now even if i complete setup it wont work.

HELP please.

Ill provide any information needed so just ask Click to expand...

Try this site. They are a pretty good source for drivers.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-no-sound-coming-from-computer-error-meassage-need-audio-driver-to-play.620407/
Relevancy 56.76%

Same problems as most of these other threads Although there s this strange thing where - second clips of sound will play at any given moment out the speakers without another window popping up This problem has been following computer, frequent from redirect, clips coming Google random sound popups me viciously so I hope I can get some help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Kasem at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate Google redirect, random sound clips coming from computer, frequent popups GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Google redirect, random sound clips coming from computer, frequent popups Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C Google redirect, random sound clips coming from computer, frequent popups DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files REALTEK n USB Wireless LAN Utility RtlService exe C Program Files REALTEK n USB Wireless LAN Utility RtWlan exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files Verizon V CAST Media Manager V CAST Backup Scheduler exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDockFree ObjectDock exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Users Kasem AppData Local Temp Rar EX Firewall - Comodo CFP Setup XP Vista x exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Kasem Downloads dds scr C Windows system WSCRIPT exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll uRun uTorrent quot c program files utorrent uTorrent exe quot uRun HLBackupScheduler c program files verizon v cast media manager V CAST Backup Scheduler exe uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun uRun Aim quot c program files aim aim exe quot d locale en-US mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun AVG TRAY c program files avg avg avgtray exe StartupFolder c users kasem appdata roaming micros windows startm programs startup stardo lnk - c program files stardock objectdockfree ObjectDock exe mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dll STS ObjectDockShlExt Class d - cf- cd-db - f fea db - c program files stardock objectdockfree ODMenu dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c users kasem appdata roaming mozilla firefox profiles bfvlnl p default FF - plugin c program files mozilla f... Read more

A:Google redirect, random sound clips coming from computer, frequent popups

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400080/google-redirect-random-sound-clips-coming-from-computer-frequent-popups/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone. I have my headphones plugged in and am getting poor sound quality out of them. My computer says that the sound is coming through my speakers, but its not (its just coming through the headphones.) I've attached a picture of what the comp's showing me for reference. I've tried going to the Sound menu and making the headphones the default device, with no luck. This issue seemed to happen after I was done using Google video chat with my headphones plugged in. I am trying to get the sound quality in my headphones back to normal. They work with every other device. Please help!

A:CPU says sound coming through speakers, but its coming via headphones

Did you try re-plugging the headphones yet? Is it jacked or USB?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/373631-cpu-says-sound-coming-through-speakers-but-its-coming-via-headphones.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello to you all!

I've been having problems with my sound card (in the title) and that problem is that I cannot hear any sound come out of it but the strange thing is the little green bar that indicates sound is coming through and how loud it is keeps going up and down as I play music.

Anyway the strange thing is the windows default sound thingy works perfectly fine, if any of oyu kind people could help me that would be fantastic!

A:Solved: No sound coming out of my SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card

update your driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sound-coming-out-of-my-sb-x-fi-xtreme-audio-sound-card.795448/
Relevancy 52.03%

It s the most suspicious sound output. card sound from coming Suspicious Solved: sound I ve ever heard It sounds exactly like fat felt tip marker making a quick check on paper It can also be compared to a rat sniff or a piece of paper being turned I wear headphones and can hear this noise occasionally for up to minutes It likes to happen at night when they are active humor me Because of the sneaky low volume discreet low down creepy stalky shifty Solved: Suspicious sound coming from sound card output. sound I am disposed to imagine that someone is looking through my files for credit information and they are unaware of these sounds from my sound card or they don t care about the sound because they are safe from being caught Sound like I m crazy Just paranoid I did say it makes me imagine The kind Solved: Suspicious sound coming from sound card output. of person I am is the same kind that will run system restore at a moment s notice for anything that looks suspicious or a NoScript violation Because that sound is clearly designed to resemble a sniffing rat doing something sneaky on my computer I tried to record the Solved: Suspicious sound coming from sound card output. output with Audacity but it had stopped before I had recorded anything My setup Windows XP Pro bit Service Pack Verizon High Speed Internet Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller LinkSys Router routing to a Windows laptop WPK-PSK TKIP Soundblaster Live Avast SUPERAntiSpyware NoScript Mozilla FireFox nbsp

A:Solved: Suspicious sound coming from sound card output.

It was that Windows XP search dog. When you ctrl + f to open the search side bar in a window there is an animated dog that seems innocuous. Every 15 minutes or so it will scratch itself and make that noise twice. As long as that search side bar is open, minimized or not, that noise will persist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-suspicious-sound-coming-from-sound-card-output.1024638/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there im in need of help please sound is not coming out from any external audio devices from my computer and from my computer itself. The digital audio device is called:
Digital Audio (S/PIDF). AND I ALSO DOWNLOADED REALTELK TO FIX THE PROBLEM BUT DONT WORK.

MY COMPUTER IS RUNNING WINDOWS 7 32BIT AND IS A CUSTOM MACHINE

ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED THANKS

A:Sound is displayed working on my pc but no sound coming out.

Go to device manager and see if there are any yellow exclaimation marks?

Also, make sure you do not have it muted.

Do you have another set of speakers to try on the computer?

Try running system restore.

Go to the control panel and check if the sound is working.

Try the speakers on another computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/223226-sound-displayed-working-my-pc-but-no-sound-coming-out.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Whenever I'm watching a vid or playing a game from time to time I hear this high frequency sound coming from my PC and the vid or game starts to move like in slow motion for a while then it's back to normal again until it happens another time.

A:High Frequency Sound sound coming from PC

I'd probably be looking at an RMA for the graphics card if the noise is coming from there. A lot of nVidia cards produce coil whine as what amounts to a standard feature, but in this case it's more likely that voltage regulation circuitry producing audible vibrations during routine operation is indicative of an impending capacitance fail state due to microscopic shorts and/or trace breaks.
If the noise is emanating from the PSU then replace it ASAP- no good can come of keeping a faulty power supply hooked up to the system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-frequency-sound-sound-coming-from-pc.142015/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hii pls help. Im having difficulties with the sound on my pc.

Speaker type: microlab x4
Sound card: creative 5.1

Creative 5.1 driver installed + realtek HD audio driver R263 installed.
When creative 5.1 driver is chosen as the default device, sound is coming but not from woofer and front speakers.
However when i play blu-ray movies (both on media player and vlc) sound is coming from all the speakers as opposed to sound coming only from the rear speakers when i play song from media player and youtube.

When realtek is chosen as the default device no sound is coming.

Hope you guys can help me out. thanks a lot.

A:No sound coming (realtek sound driver)

Creative and Realtek are two different audio chipsets. Most likely, you have a Realtek audio chipset on the motherboard and a Creative Sound Card installed.

The rear speakers working and the front not working, likely indicates a cable connectivity issue (ie: the output cable(s) of the sound card to the speakers) or possibly a speaker configuration issue in the audio setup.

Simply switching the default audio chipset won't help. YOu would also need to change where the cables are connected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-coming-realtek-sound-driver.1010203/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey If this is the wrong forum for this question then I apologize in advance I m having some problems when I try to record music I have speaker sound of problem: only out one Sound Mic coming my microphone plugged in but whenever I sing play into the microphone the sound only comes out from the right speaker Therefore when I mix my songs using my software the sound is still only coming out of the right speaker which is very frustrating This also means that if I listen to my songs on my iPod the music Sound problem: Mic sound only coming out of one speaker is only coming out of the right headphone If I listen to songs from CDs Sound problem: Mic sound only coming out of one speaker or whatever or just any other sound on the computer the sound is coming out of both speakers simultaneously as is normal I only have problems when I am using my microphone I am using Windows XP Home Edition and Realtek HD Audio Manager My speakers are ViewSonic Speakers which entails a subwoofer and two smaller speakers the left and right ones I plug my microphone into the blue Line In port at the back of my computer rather than the pink Microphone port because this is what works best for the recording mixing software I am using but even when it is plugged into the Microphone port I have the same problem Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks very much Tim nbsp

A:Sound problem: Mic sound only coming out of one speaker

Either the Microphone cable is not plugged in correct.Try not to plug it in all the way/or push it in further. Sometimes you have to play around with it to get them to work. Or you might have the balance on the microphone on one side which is a setting in the Sound Icon. Double click on The Icon and then options and then on Properties. Make sure There is a check mark next to Microphone and then click OK. You should see the Microphone settings on the screen and make sure the balance is in the middle. If none of this works you might need a new Microphone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-problem-mic-sound-only-coming-out-of-one-speaker.594344/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I noticed a previous user here had a similar issue to the one i am facing. Specifically, there are times when sound comes from the speakers of the laptop and sound mixer is showing a "name not available" application as the source. I understand i might have a kind of malware infestation, but my KIS 2013 and MalwareBytes Antimalware don't seem to find anything.

I already posted in "Virus, Trojan, Spyware and Malware Removal Logs" section (sorry, i did not know if i should post here first :S ).
Mod Edit:  Deleted dupe in MRL, this is correct forum - Hamluis.

Could you be kind enough to help me with solving this problem?

A:Sound coming from app "Name Not Available" In Sound Mixer

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505003/sound-coming-from-app-name-not-available-in-sound-mixer/
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay I have a Audigy sound blaster and an onboard sound for my PC. I've installed and reinstalled my Audigy sound card, no sound emitting from the card. I switch to onboard sound and I try a "test hardware" on the sound features. It shows on the audio monitor that there is sound for output but I get none. My speakers work fine and I even tried a pair of headphones to test the sound. This happened to me recently, my sound just stopped all of the sudden while listening to music. Since then there is no sound. I've tried everything, from disabling the onboard to reinstalling and installing drivers. ANYONE have any tips???

A:Sound card, no sound coming out

Did you try the usual steps? Double-clicking the speaker icon in the system tray, and making sure nothing is muted and all the sliders are high?

Go into Control panel, then sounds and audio devices. Click the audio tab, check the Default device setting, make sure your card is selected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-no-sound-coming-out.783693/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have no sound coming out of the speakers or head phones and there is no default for sound how do I fix this, I'm running the win. xp home edition. help

A:so sound coming out

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/750533-no-sound-coming-out.html

You only need to ask in one place

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/so-sound-coming-out.750538/
Relevancy 47.73%

When I tried to play a video on Youtube I couldn't hear any sound coming out. I tried some things, but without any luck. Someone please help.

A:Sound isn't coming out

If you have any third party security software installed, uninstall it and see whether it fixes the problem.

EDIT: You could also do a Refresh with this Tutorial:Refresh Windows 8
You need a DVD to do the Refresh, I hope you have already burnt a DVD, if not burn the DVD and start the Refresh.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/11851-sound-isnt-coming-out.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys today I opened up my computer to clean out my graphics cards Nvidia gtx 's after I installed the latest drivers (Tried from Sound PC Coming No everything) and when I switched on my computer I had no sound coming out Here's what I know so far - The sound is not muted - The device manager says everything is working in the sound region - I have uninstalled my sound drivers and graphic card drivers and reinstalled both still nothing - I have done my best effort to figure out if missing codecs are No Sound Coming from PC (Tried everything) the problem but keep in mind I am new to the whole audio codec business so this may be effecting something - I have checked the BIOS and reset everything to default - I have tried using headphones and other speakers still nothing - When I play music the volume control shows activity It seems as if everything is in working order except I still can't hear anything No Sound Coming from PC (Tried everything) I have no idea when it comes to sound cards and what not could I have knocked a sound cable or something while removing my graphic cards Any help is GREATLY appreciated as I have spent my whole day today trying to fix this problem and tracking down forums for help but everything has proved unhelpful Thankyou

A:No Sound Coming from PC (Tried everything)

Well i would double check on all the cords to your speakers and make sure they are all in properly. if they are then i would try testing a headphone jack and see if you can hear sound that way.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558639/no-sound-coming-from-pc-tried-everything/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey, So I got a new computer with Vista, and well.... Sound only comes out of my left ear and not my right. It's not my headset because when I plug it into something else, it works with both ears.

Thanks in advance guys, I dunno what to do D:

A:Sound only coming out of one ear

have a look at the sound volume balance control - just in case its on one side

otherwise it may just be faulty and as new take it back under warranty

reloading the sound driver may help - but we need to know make model of PC to get the sound driver off the manufacturers website

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-only-coming-out-of-one-ear.562285/
Relevancy 47.73%

i have no idea why but my computer just started to play stuff. and nothing pops up. i can't find it. i have to wait for it to stop or restart my computer. can anyone help me, please?

A:help! sound coming out of nowhere

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/help-sound-coming-out-of-nowhere-381078.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I turned my laptop today and for some reason there is no sound. the volume settings are fine and the mute box is not checked. Anyone with an idea?

A:No sound coming from my pc

Just happened.....then you could try System Restore to a date earlier when it was working....first thing to try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-coming-from-my-pc.519977/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am having a problem in sound in my machine. Suddenly the sound is not coming out. I installed the driver, then the system will obviously restart and I can hear the windows logging off sound. But after restarting the sound again is not coming. I tried the process at least three times, but nothing. Then I disabled and then re enabled the sound device and it is working again. After restarting again the sound is not coming out. There is no problem with the sound boxes because I checked it. Please help me...
my machine config is,
P4 1.7 GHz
845GLAD Intel MOBO
384MB DDR RAM(256+128)
No external sound card installed.
Sigma Tel audio inbuilt with mobo.

Relevancy 47.73%

when I install windows 10 my sound driver does not work how I can solve this problem and my micromax dongle is also not working in it

A:not coming sound from pc

PC or Laptop? We need the make and model number of your computer because they are all different.Go to your computer manufacturers website then download and install the latest audio drivers. You could also go to Device Manager, find your audio device (under "sound video and game controllers") and try the driver update from there. Look out for any errors showing under that heading, usually yellow or red icons.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/not-coming-sound-from-pc/659.html
Relevancy 47.73%

HI THERE!

Im using HP G61 Notebook Pc Using ("IDT HD Audio drivers")

It came operating with windows 7 x64 bit home premium.

My problem occured after i've formated the whole of my hard-drive including the recovering partition drive.

My aim was to seperate system files with my data by creating two partitions. One to be for Operating sys and the other for my data to have a better perfomence.

I've installed windows 7 ultimate x64 bit, which respond as everything works fine.

-When i play music, it appears that it is playing.
-The driver's property is up-to-date and works properlly
-No sound on turning on or shut down.
-The icon on the task bar appears in good condition.

I tried so many defferent driver's updates even from HP, but still no changes.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-PLEASE HELP-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My direct e-mail contact is ( [email protected] )

A:No sound coming out

It sound like you do not have a sound driver installed on your computer. Go to you laptop support page and download the latest sound drivers.

OR

Your speakers are not set as the defualt sound device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/191079-no-sound-coming-out.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I reinstalled Windows XP on my computer and the sound did not install. How do I get the sound to work?

A:No sound coming from my PC.

You will need to reinstall the audio driver. It can be found in your motherboard setup disk..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-coming-from-my-pc-246085.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have no sound coming out of the speakers or head phones and there is no default for sound how do I fix this, I'm running the win. xp home edition. help

Relevancy 47.73%

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by admin administrator on ADMIN-PC on - - Running from C Users admin Desktop Loaded Profiles admin Available profiles admin amp MSSQL HUY Platform Windows Ultimate Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial out of nowhere coming Sound for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Bkav Corporation C Program Files x BkavHome BkavHomeUpdateService exe Bkav Corporation C Windows SysWOW BkavService exe Elex do Brasil Participa es Ltda C Program Files Sound coming out of nowhere x Elex-tech YAC iSafeSvc exe Elex do Brasil Participa es Ltda C Program Files x Elex-tech YAC iSafeSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Cherished Technololgy LIMITED C ProgramData IePluginServices PluginService exe Taiwan Shui Mu Chih Ching Technology Limited C Program Files x WinZipper winzipersvc exe AV Security Software C Windows mlwps exe D GAMES LienMinhHuyenThoai GameData ggdllhost exe CANON INC C Windows System CNAB RPD EXE Elex do Brasil Participa es Ltda C Program Files x Elex-tech YAC iSafeTray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe C UniKey RC Win UniKeyNT exe D GAMES LienMinhHuyenThoai GameData GarenaMessenger exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wscript Sound coming out of nowhere exe C Users admin AppData Roaming SpeedTray speedtray exe Itim Technologies Co Ltd C Users admin AppData Local CocCoc Update CocCocCrashHandler exe CyberLink Corp D DUY UNG DUNG YouCam v PreActivated da fix watermark YouCam YouCamService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe The Privoxy team - www privoxy org C Program Files x Jelbrus Secure Web privoxy exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Users admin AppData Local GC runner exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE ATI Technologies Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform OSPPSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files x Dolphin Deals bin utilDolphinDeals exe Irismedia C Program Files x hosts hosts-bg exe C Program Files x Dolphin Deals bin DolphinDeals BrowserAdapter exe C Program Files x Dolphin Deals bin DolphinDeals BrowserAdapter exe C Program Files x Dolphin Deals bin DolphinDeals BOASHelper exe C Program Files x Dolphin Deals bin DolphinDeals expext exe C Program Files x Dolphin Deals bin DolphinDeals PurBrowse exe C Program Files x Dolphin Deals updateDolphinDeals exe C Program Files x Dolphin Deals bin DolphinDeals BOASPRT exe Itim Technologies Co Ltd C Users admin AppData Local CocCoc Browser Application browser exe Itim Technologies Co Ltd C Users admin AppData Local CocCoc Browser Application browser exe Itim Technologies Co Ltd C Users admin AppData Local CocCoc Browser Application browser exe Itim Technologies Co Ltd C Users admin AppData Local CocCoc Browser Application browser exe Itim Technologies Co Ltd C Users admin AppData Local CocCoc Browser Application browser exe Itim Technologies Co Ltd C Users admin AppData Local CocCoc Browser Application browser exe Google Inc C Users admin AppData Local GC Chrome-bin chrome exe Google Inc C Users admin AppData Local GC Chrome-bin chrome exe Google Inc C Users admin AppData Local GC Chrome-bin... Read more

A:Sound coming out of nowhere

Chrome:
=======
CHR dev: Chrome dev build detected! <======= ATTENTION
CHR HomePage: Default -> hxxp://istart.webssearches.com/?type=hp&ts=1417707889&from=irs&uid=ST9500325AS_5VET5TGDXXXX5VET5TGD
CHR StartupUrls: Default -> "hxxp://istart.webssearches.com/?type=hp&ts=1417707889&from=irs&uid=ST9500325AS_5VET5TGDXXXX5VET5TGD"
CHR DefaultSearchKeyword: Default -> webssearches
CHR DefaultSearchURL: Default -> http://istart.webssearches.com/web/...500325AS_5VET5TGDXXXX5VET5TGD&q={searchTerms}
CHR DefaultSuggestURL: Default ->
CHR Profile: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
CHR Extension: (Google Docs) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake [2014-10-16]
CHR Extension: (Google Drive) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf [2012-12-03]
CHR Extension: (YouTube) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\blpcfgokakmgnkcojhhkbfbldkacnbeo [2012-12-03]
CHR Extension: (Google Search) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\coobgpohoikkiipiblmjeljniedjpjpf [2012-12-03]
CHR Extension: (BetterSurf) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\dedmngkbaffkenlfdcbganndoghblmap [2013-11-15]
CHR Extension: (Media Buzz) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\fhbipenidhbblafeghlnhomhbbekegeg [2014-04-26]
CHR Extension: (Rich Media View) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\fhgbjpmmapeeebfocedgchboelhicjob [2014-10-26]
CHR Extension: (Media View) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\gjoipheamlalaopalfkdlpddibaammfd [2014-02-28]
CHR Extension: (Video Player) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\hjaiamlebimfmojfhilaghbgljofblde [2014-01-10]
CHR Extension: (hkelgkihphkegiaagbcgglfidabmgkgp) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\hkelgkihphkegiaagbcgglfidabmgkgp [2014-10-19]
CHR Extension: (Dolphin Deals) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ihihlmpikoblhkjbcpgafnleneppnfjd [2015-02-04]
CHR Extension: (Trust Media Viewer) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\iigbpcijgnghlbbckmblheliiphbcphn [2014-06-29]
CHR Extension: (Media Viewer) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nbpdghncgldndhlnkfhgnofiokhefpoe [2014-02-24]
CHR Extension: (Google Wallet) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda [2013-08-27]
CHR Extension: (Rich Media View) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ojmcblgmjhopempjhnhlohgbhhbaeapn [2014-05-14]
CHR Extension: (Bkav SiteAdvisor) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\pcnancbdijenfaameanloddnkbjhfaal [2015-03-13]
CHR Extension: (Gmail) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\pjkljhegncpnkpknbcohdijeoejaedia [2012-12-03]
CHR Extension: (BetterSrf) - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\poheodfamflhhhdcmjfeggbgigeefaco [2013-11-25]
CHR HKLM\...\Chrome\Extension: [pflphaooapbgpeakohlggbpidpppgdff] - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\mysearchdial-speeddial.crx [Not Found]
CHR HKU\S-1-5-21-3818046159-3689817371-2580797029-1000\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions\...\Chrome\Extension: [pflphaooapbgpeakohlggbpidpppgdff] - C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\mysearchdial-speeddial.crx [Not Found]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [dedmngkbaffkenlfdcbganndoghblmap] - C:\Program Files (x86)\BetterSurf\ch\Chrome.crx [2013-11-11]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [fhbipenidhbblafeghlnhomhbbekegeg] - C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaBuzzV1\MediaBuzzV1mode5557\ch\MediaBuzz... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-coming-out-of-nowhere.210269/
Relevancy 47.3%

So, I hooked up an HDMI cable to my monitor and enabled it and set it as a default device, but no sound is coming out of the TV. I don't know why this is happening. Currently, I'm playing sound out of my speakers. I got a screenie as well.

A:No sound coming out of my TV monitor

Install (or reinstall) the latest drivers from ATI for this video card. Also, could be the TV and not the sound output from the PC. Do you have another device with HDMI that you can plug into the TV and try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/157485-no-sound-coming-out-my-tv-monitor.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Audigy out 2... No coming of sound there recently my sound stopped working completely out of my audigy that i ve had for years No sound coming out of Audigy 2... The whole no sound coming out of my speakers started happening a few days ago so i downloaded the latest drivers and installed them and the sound started working until it made me restart my system When i restarted my system i can hear windows making the boot up sound after i type in my user password Then it says quot loading personal settings quot or whatever and it cuts off the boot up sound So to see if my sound works i try bringing up windows explorer and hear no sound clicking around then playing music still no sound Next thing i try is to try to have windows deal with the drivers which makes them work until i restart my computer After restart no sound again and i have to do the whole process all over again I ve tried reinstalling the creative drivers times and still not working correctly I used to have this problem a long time ago when i played video games with EAX on but i havent had this problem in quite some time Any insight would be quite helpful I hate having to have windows repair my drivers every time i turn my computer on nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there,

I'm using my onboard sound with an updated RealTek driver. Right now, there is only sound coming out of 2 speakers. I read the stickied Realtek HD thread, I don't know if the HD part applies to me, but I have Logitech 5.1 Z-5500 speakers. I've set my audio settings to 5.1 system. I just want sound coming out of all my speakers.

I tried doing what the sticky thread about Realtek, but I couldn't find the last folder. I attached a pic.

Thanks.

A:Sound only coming out of 2 speaks on 5.1

Go into "Control Panel\Sound" highlight the Speakers that your playing the sound through then click on "Configure" down on the left side, then make sure that 5.1 Surround is selected and Test it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/52962-sound-only-coming-out-2-speaks-5-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I sound No out coming PC. whatsoever my of was surfing the net No sound whatsoever coming out of my PC. when I decided to log into Netflix and watch Breaking Bad as the episode started I was quick to notice that there was no sound coming out of the video I went over to youtube to check if there was something wrong with my headphones and there wasn't as the video ran flawlessly with audio coming out as per usual I went over to Netflix's troubleshooting page and it indicated me to delete the quot is quot folder C Users USER AppData LocalLow Microsoft Silverlight I did as suggested but to my surprise there were not only audio problems with netlfix now it was everyhting else browsers applications everything I've been searching for a solution for this problem but to no avail tried re-installing Silverlight but just couldn't ended up using the windows audio troubleshooter several times with no success so I've given up the search and came here for help My headphones work just fine I've been listening to music on my mp since then with no problem whatsoever Any help would be appretiated and I'd like to thank you in advance for responding

Relevancy 47.3%

I have no sound coming from firefox and IE. Ive installed the latest flash in both and I get sound everywhere else. What can I do?

XP SP3
Intel Duo 2.4
2 gigs of ram
Soundmax HD digital audio
Geforce 7900 gs
Asus P5-B

A:No sound coming from Firefox or IE

Never mind. I found the problem here, stupid me.http://www.devhardware.com/forums/software...-ie-102939.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178311/no-sound-coming-from-firefox-or-ie/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently baught a Toshiba Satellite p -FC laptop as soon as i started it up there was already one problem only the left speaker works from one coming Sound speaker only I ve tried going into properties making sure the right speaker is unmuted and made sure Sound coming from one speaker only both speakers are balanced but still no sound from the right speaker When i actually test my speakers where you would expect there to be one sound coming from the left speaker then that stops then there should be another sound in the right speaker shortly after i get BOTH sounds coming from the left speaker I get a loud tone the first time then a quieter tone but still audible again in the left speaker So my assumption is that the sound that is supposed to come from the right speaker is in the left aswel This causes problems when i play my music because instead of sharing the sound between the two speakers they are both being played through just the left speaker which causes crackling in sound and distortion Ive tested the sound when i put headphones in and both the left and right ear speaker works just not when i try and play from the inbuilt speakers I have a realtek HD audio card any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Sound coming from one speaker only

Since it is still pretty new, I would just return it for warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-coming-from-one-speaker-only.706995/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently moved and am hooking everything up to my PC. I cannot get any sound from my speakers. There are two places for jacks on the back of the PC and I have tried both. I am sure the power is plugged in. There are two places for jacks in the back of the main speaker, and the second speaker is plugged into one of them. I have ran XP troubleshooter and checked out the sound card. Everything worked before I dismantled it. Any suggestions??!!! could sure use the help. soon please!

Relevancy 47.3%

so the laptop is showing all drivers etc are correct and working it even shows sound on the equaliser with the speaker symbol bottom right however im recieving no sound at all 

A:no sound coming through speakers

Hi, Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/no-sound-coming-through-speakers/td-p/5779237
Relevancy 47.3%

I am trying to start a podcast and I have friends all over the country. we are going to use a voip service. I have the tools to edit it (sony vegas and acid pro 6) but I can't figure out how to record everything from my pc.

I need to because I will be playing listener questions and I'd like to record them and all of our six voices on the same program, but with multi-tracks.

if anyone out there knows how to do this then please help. or if you know of a better way to do this with one computer then I am listening.

A:how do you record every sound coming from your pc

Audio Recorder Deluxe is what i use, really easy to use aswell, i think maybe the website is down at the moment though.

http://www.audio-recorder.net/index.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-you-record-every-sound-coming-from-your-pc-179059.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently reformatted my hard drive and restored windows. Now I am not able to get any sound from my speakers. Winamp will open and will play music, but no sound comes out. Could u please shed some light on the subject? Thanks in advance.

A:Why do I not have sound coming from my speakers?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You need to reinstall your sound drivers.

If you use onboard sound then you can get the drivers from your mobo manufacturers website. If your computer is an oem such as Dell/E-machines etc, then visit the website of your computer manufacturer.

If you use a separate soundcard, then you will be able to get the drivers from your soundcard manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-do-i-not-have-sound-coming-from-my-speakers.37120/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello~

So I can't hear anything coming from my laptop. I mean, the audio stuff looks all fine but it's not detecting any sound when I try to play something. I've tried most of the solutions I could find online, but a lot of them just result in different errors and I have no idea why or how to fix them either.

I started having this problem about a week ago. I think what caused it was a registry cleaner that I've since uninstalled (I really can't think of anything else that could've caused all these problems).

I'm alright with reinstalling or something like that, but I just can't find a way to.

Thanks

A:No sound coming from laptop

Registry Cleaners are bullshit. Don't use them.
In device manager, expand "audio inputs and outputs" and "sound, video, and game controllers" sections and screenshot it please.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/68972-no-sound-coming-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

This is really creepy. My pc has recently started making these strange droning sounds, and it really worries me. Sometimes it just happens out of the blue, sometimes it happens after I reboot. I can't quite tell where it's coming from, but I'm fairly sure it's not my hard drive. I don't know what to do, though. So far, it hasn't caused any noticeable problems, but it's a terrible sound, like a ghost or something is haunting my pc.

Relevancy 47.3%

when i'm typing in msn n listening song with windows media player a strange sound appear the song become stuck for a few sec n i cant continue typing it will become normal after a few sec Sometimes it also happen when i'm playing game n hearing song Mostly happen when i'm typing i dono watever it is my laptop's keyboard problem The sound that appear seem like something is lagging N i also found that Stupid Out! Coming Sound sometimes when i'm typing my keyboard become non function for a few sec too nth appear at the screen no matter how many times i press the button Is it bcoz of spyware or something else I really hope someone can help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Stupid Sound Coming Out! D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C DOCUME acer LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Stupid Sound Coming Out! C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C HJT HijackThis exe O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run ePower DMC C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe O - HKLM Run Acer ePower Management C Acer Empowering Technology ePower Acer ePower Management exe boot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray systray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideo inspector C Program Files Acer OrbiCam InstallHelper exe inspect O - HKLM Run LogitechCameraAssistant C Program Files Acer OrbiCam CameraAssistant exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run Startup Guru quot C Program Files StartupGuru startupguru exe quot B O - Global Startup Bluetooth lnk C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe O - Extra context menu item amp Clean Traces - C Program Files DAP Privacy Package dapcleanerie htm O - Extra context menu item amp Download with amp DAP - C Program Files DAP dapextie htm O - Extra context menu item Download amp all with DAP - C Program Files DAP dapextie htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Send to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-A... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

the sound from my laptop is suddenly not coming out. windows xp. it says Bad DirectSound driver. please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code: 88780078
Is there anyone here can help me to solve this problem?

A:sound is not coming out from laptop

Try reinstalling Audio Drivers.
And running :
sfc /scannow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-is-not-coming-out-from-laptop.906299/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey, I've tried repairing speakers, checking for updates, switching which speakers I use, loads and loads of forums, but I can't get sound coming from the speakers, even though in the tests, they say they're fine. All my speakers/playback devices are showing, working or not, but I can't fix the problem.

I recently had to do a system restore, because of internet problems, took me ages to sort out, however the sound wasn't working before the restore anyway.

Haven't tried uninstalling/reinstalling the sound card/device yet, mainly because I only have my laptop here, if i need any disks then I'll need to wait a while to get them.

Sound does work with external speakers plugged in, so I'm starting to think I might need to get my laptop speakers fixed?

Sony Viao AR-71M is the model, I believe.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks

Matt

A:I can't get sound coming from the speakers

had you check under >device manager if there is any yellow "?" beside the sound device?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/283007-i-cant-get-sound-coming-speakers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My computer had to be restarted fresh and windows was reinstalled. This is the second time this had to be done. Every time this happens, the computer does not recognize the speakers or anything plugged into the USB connectors. The first time this happened, some guy fixed it, but I have no idea how he did it. Sound will not come from the speakers. I went to the audio section under the control panel and my speakers do not appear. How do I get the computer to recognize that I am in fact plugging things into the audio/USB connectors? Thanks for the help.

A:No Sound Coming From Speakers

Do you have a sound card installed or do you use on-board sound? If a sound card, did you install the drivers for it? (I know nothing about on-board sound).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92284/no-sound-coming-from-speakers/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok I just got everything set up with my new computer, everythiing runs fine execpt there's no sound! Everything is plugged in correctly, speakers are go but still no sound. My volume is not muted, so what's up? I have onboard audio by the way. Updated drivers, everything. Thanks for the help!

A:No Sound coming from speakers.

What does it say in device manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-coming-from-speakers.445007/
Relevancy 47.3%

the sound from my laptop is suddenly not coming out. windows xp. it says Bad DirectSound driver. please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code: 88780078
Is there anyone here can help me to solve this problem?

A:sound is not coming out from laptop

Howdy,

If this a recent occurrence the you can try System Restore to a date when the sound was working

Restore PC to an Earlier Date & Time

Go Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>System Restore
Click in the radio button Restore My Computer to An Earlier Time
Click Next
Pick a Date in Dark Blue only (pick a date to before you installed All-In-One)
Click Next
Then Next again.
This should restore the PC to that time & date

It will update and restart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-is-not-coming-out-from-laptop.906288/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a fairly new Gateway computer and have had several problems with it. As of a couple of days ago, I no longer have sound on my computer. None of my games have sound and I can no longer listen to the online radio stations. However, today when I was on a website, music did come out of the speaker (something the creator of the site built into his homepage). Gateway suggested I update my drivers, but none of them needed to be updated (when I attempted to update it told me I had the newest version). What can I do to see where the problem is coming from? Thanks!

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi i don't know since when there's been strange stuff happening to my IE As long as i click on the shortcut of IE and after about mins using Weird from sound IE coming it suddenly there will Weird sound coming from IE be someone talking from my computer So i closed my current IE browser thought the the sound would have been closed too but it didnt There are still sound from somewhere which i didnt know where it came from at first Then i used alt ctrl delete then go to the processes tab and realized there were lots of IE running So i closed it from there but then another one will just pop up I will have to restart my laptop to stop this from happening So now I cannot use IE completely I've tried using kaspersky internet security and adaware free version to quarantine some stuff but it doesnt seems to work So does anyone knows whats going on with my IE and the solution to deal with it Thanks in advance for helping

A:Weird sound coming from IE

Quote:

Originally Posted by laubizkit

Hi, i don't know since when, there's been strange stuff happening to my IE. As long as i click on the shortcut of IE, and after about 3mins using it, suddenly there will be someone talking from my computer. So, i closed my current IE browser thought the the sound would have been closed too, but it didnt. There are still sound from somewhere which i didnt know where it came from at first. Then i used alt+ctrl+delete, then go to the processes tab and realized there were lots of IE running. So i closed it from there but then another one will just pop up. I will have to restart my laptop to stop this from happening. So now, I cannot use IE completely. I've tried using kaspersky internet security and adaware free version to quarantine some stuff but it doesnt seems to work. So, does anyone knows whats going on with my IE and the solution to deal with it?
Thanks in advance for helping

hi,
that was my problem too
it's been going on for a couple of days now.
please help soon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/weird-sound-coming-from-ie-402875.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm having a problem audio problem. The audio on my PC was fine but suddenly, no sound was coming from the speakers. I'm using on-board sound. I've checked the connections at the back and nothing's disconnected. I tested my speakers on another PC and they're working just fine. I've updated the driver of the audio device and I've also checked the device manager but it didn't seem to detect any problems. I turned off my PC and unplugged it for a few seconds. When I turned it on again, the sound was working fine. I thought that it was just an isolated incident. Same thing happened a few days later. Is this a hardware problem, or is it something else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-coming-from-the-speakers.909237/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently got new system parts including a mobo Which is what teh sound is pluged into no sound card and have got eveything going good so far But i realised Sound =( Coming Only one speaker out a while ago there that my Sound Only Coming out one speaker =( sound Sound Only Coming out one speaker =( for both games and mp s an such are only comeing out my right speaker I Sound Only Coming out one speaker =( tested the speakers out on my mp player an ther fine i tryed anotehr set of speakers on the pc sound does come out both speakers but its teh same sound that came out the one speaker of the last speakers hehe ino thatll be conufseing in other words its only teh right hand sound coming out I think this has only happened recently casuse i think i woulda noticed if it happened earlier but i cant be sure I have check all teh settings checked the mixer thing it has a test bit to test both speakers The right one wos workin but the left one wosnt so im sure its a setting thats messed up somewhere The sound drivers used are Reaktek AC Audio The board is a MSI RS M -IL ATI XPRESS Micro ATX The mixer thing came with the sound drivers which were on The mobo driver cd i looked around teh forums to see if there were any similar probs but could only find ones with surround sound although something weird did come up someone mentioned somethin about anotehr network connection called well i have that i didnt kno what it was so left it be lol i havnt installed network drivers so it wos jus my os xp pro that picked up that and my connection realtek ethernet adaptor up There are drivers for the network on the mobo disc an ill put them on if you think itll help this Any ideas neone -------------------------------- Heres my com stats if itll help AMD MSI RS M -IL ATI XPRESS Micro ATX RAm mb pc mb pc g Western Digital HDD G Maxtor Windows xp pro Radeon x le HIM Onboard Sound nbsp

A:Sound Only Coming out one speaker =(

Aww cum on, this must have happened to at least some of ya :dead:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-only-coming-out-one-speaker.34302/
Relevancy 47.3%

Turned off my laptop for maybe five mintues and when I returned and turned it back on, no sound was playing through my speakers or headphones when I plugged them in. I tried restarting the audio devices and re-installing the drivers, and the problem is still not fixed.

Model: HP Envy 15-3040NR

Can still see the activity down on the bar, like it's working-but without sound.

A:Sound Not Coming Out Of Laptop

Hello! You might try this.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-7&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534145/sound-not-coming-out-of-laptop/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am on my work computer training I am at a hotel alone the manager is not answering the phone PC sound coming my from work No So yeah when its slow I am supposed to go throught the work training program The thing is no damn sound comes out of this pc I looked at the system sound in control panel its up I tried other apps no sound I looked at the device drivers they look fine In hardware and sound it lists speaker I have it selected as default the volume is set properly There are other sound devices I tried both of them and no sound I selected only show connected sound devices However upon No sound coming from my work PC inspecting the pc there is no speaker plugged in and from what I can No sound coming from my work PC tell the monitor has no sound What the smell Ill ask my manager in hours but I thought maybe someone had an idea here I googled how No sound coming from my work PC to use my phone as a speaker but only came up with dead ends ps mm looks like windows updates is off gonna give this beezy a tune up nbsp

A:No sound coming from my work PC

Buy some headphones and plug em in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-from-my-work-pc.189287/
Relevancy 47.3%

After troubleshooting this audio problem for HOURS I can't seem to find a solution.

My situation looks like this:

Subwoofer connects to the onboard audio jack, and a set of 2 generic speakers connect to a jack in the subwoofer. Sound emits from the Subwoofer okay, but only one of the two speakers is emitting sound.

I've gotten the latest audio drivers for my motherboard, and the speakers are in tip top shape (I even tested them on other computers and they work perfect.)

So..that means we've narrowed it down to a software problem, right?
PLEASE please help me. I'm stumped.

Note: Running Vista.

A:Sound only coming out of one speaker.

Welcome to TSG Pkbot

Have you tried this solution:-

Sound Guide - Sound is only coming out of one speaker or just the front speakers

Also, what company are your speakers of? if the above solution doesn't work for you, then repost back with further information and we will try to help you. Good Luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-only-coming-out-of-one-speaker.605241/
Relevancy 47.3%

my headphones won't pick up any sound. i had to reload my OS and i think that is when the program started. i have tried moving the pegs to make sure that i had them in the correct holes. but i am out of ideas.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello!

I recently picked up a PC off a friend that he wasn't using, I formatted it and had to individually install all the chipset drivers as he didn't give me the motherboard CD, I'm having a problem with the sound, all the drivers are installed, I can get sound from my headphones but I cannot get sound when I plug in speakers.

Has anyone had a similar issue to this before?

Thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

I'm on my dad's Dell XPS laptop (runs on Vista) and can't get sound. It's apparently been this way for a long time, so I can't begin to guess what triggered the problem. Here's what I am looking at right now:

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7522/mixerjt1.png

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3475/soundry2.png

The driver seems to be working fine based on what those pictures show. I get no error messages. Still though, nothing comes out the laptop speakers. There's headphone jacks on it, and I've tried them with no luck. I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi card, but it's not plugged in.

Any help I can get on this would be appreciated!

Relevancy 47.3%

Please help! No sound is coming out of my speakers! I checked everything, and still no sound. And I don't have it on mute.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys
can anyone help I have a sony vaio vgn fz18l, and cannot get any sound through my headphones. i've gone onto sounds control and when i do the test the sound comes through the headphones, but when i play any music or a movie it still comes out through the computer.
please help
milkman

A:no sound coming from headphones

Go to the Sound/ Playback window and check in the Headphones Properties in the Advanced tab whether the applications are allowed to take the exclusive control of this device. In the Exclusive Mode, mark both options.

Hope it helps. Cheers...

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/241378-no-sound-coming-headphones.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi am a complet novice,i would like to use my headphones on my xp desktop,i plug them in an there is no sound at all,i cant see a speaker icon on the desk tray either,can you please help,i appear to have a reltalk?sound card,i think!

A:i have no sound coming from my headphones

Do you currently have sound on your computer? What is the make and model# of your computer? Where are you plugging your headphones in? Plug them into the Back Green Audio port out of the back of the computer. Unless you have audio ports in the front.
Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager are there any yellow flags next to any devices? If so these devices need to have drivers installed. go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in your service tag# or your make and model # and download the audio driver and any other drivers for your computer.
If you do have sound through your speakers, but you do not have the speaker Icon in your system tray in the lower right hand; Take note of the Sound device in the Device Manager (RealTek or whatever) Go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices. Put a check box in Put Volume Icon in System Tray. Go to the Audio tab make sure the default play back device is the same sound card in the Device Manager. Go to the Volume tab, make sure the volume is all the way up. Go to the Advanced button make sure nothing is muted. Go Speaker SettingsAdvanced choose Headphones.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-have-no-sound-coming-from-my-headphones-645013.html
Relevancy 47.3%

It's hard to describe this noise but it's something like a duh-duh sort of noise.
This looks like my problem here but the answers didn't work:
http://superuser.com/questions/80981/strange-intermittent-background-sound-in-windows-7

Dell Studio XPS 8100
Speakers: Dell Realtek High Definifion Audio

A:Duh-Duh sound keeps coming from speakers

Keep the Volume Mixer open (right click on speaker in your taskbar> Open Volume Mixer) and watch it when the sound goes off. You should see a spike under one of the running applications in the mixer. That will tell you what's creating the sound, and we can move on from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489456/duh-duh-sound-keeps-coming-from-speakers/
Relevancy 47.3%

I was using my Dell Optiplex 210L desktop (old, but still quite useful!) and I noticed that my sound wasn't working. The only thing I installed was PaintShop Pro X2 which I found new sealed at a thift store for $2.50, but I doubt that would cause it.

What I have done:

Checked device manager, its fine
Checked volume on both windows and speakers, fine
Rebooted, didn't work

I tried booting into Lubuntu Linux, and it worked then.

A:No sound coming from speakers?

Nice - you have narrowed this down to a Windows issue . I would try updating the driver first or rolling it back if updating is not an option. If you go back into device manager and check the properties on your sound device is there an option to Update or Roll Back the driver to a previous version?

If that doesn't work I would try uninstalling it in device manager the right click on Sound in Device Manager and select Scan for Hardware Changes to have it detected / re-installed or just reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-coming-from-speakers.1138572/
Relevancy 47.3%

I wanted to out Sound coming of speaker! one only raise Sound only coming out of one speaker! issues here actually Long story Sound only coming out of one speaker! short sound is only coming out of of my speakers It may help to know that I just got it back from my software friend Sound only coming out of one speaker! today who had fixed my PC which had a scrambled IP address Now it gets kind of complicated but I will try and make it sound as simple as possible A few days ago I went on my PC after my brother was using it for a while and when I went to play music I got a message saying there was something wrong with my sound device and that it wasnt properly installed I tried everything basic but to no avail so did a system restore using a program reccomended on here called ERUNT as my normal System Restore does not work for some strange reason After doing the restore my system restarted and not only did the sound problem not get fixed but my internet had once again scrambled There was something scrambled with my IP address as this happened to me once before as well I gave it to a friend of mine to fix and he did it well but I just noticed that the sound is now only coming out of one speaker I have checked the basic volume settings and the balance and volume of all aspects is even and in good setup so I think it could be a hardware issue but definitely also able to be some sort of issue with my PC settings or what not Any help really appreciated THANKS IN ADVANCE

A:Sound only coming out of one speaker!

Oh and sorry, my other issue that I wanted to bring up was this ERUNT backup program which made my initial problem worse. Like basically, what the hell? I'm thinking I should just delete this program as it seems its no good to me. It didnt help much, and actually just made the problems on my PC worse with its backup restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-only-coming-out-of-one-speaker-234250.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a sony vaio VGN-FE890 that is not playing any sound. I see the sound meter bouncing up and down as if it is wanting to output sound; however, nothing is coming out. Even plugging in headphones does not work.

I have given the laptop a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, played around with it for a couple hours, then tried a fresh install of vista business 32 bit. The problem still exists.

The sound in control panel show speakers as working, and headphones as working (when plugged in).

It also shows spdif out as working; however, I do not know how to connect to that output from a laptop.

I have added every driver I can think of to no avail.

Any ideas?

Hi

Could you post a screenshot of your playback devices?
Right click the speaker icon on your system tray>Select playback devices and use the sniping tool>Upload the image

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/116269-no-sound-coming-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello!

I'm not the most tech savvy person and I've recently encountered a problem.

I usually connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI cable when i'm watching films, which has worked fine up to now. This time when I plug in the cable, the sound still comes through the speakers on my laptop rather than through the TV speakers. How might I remedy this problem? I've tried looking in the volume controls but as I said, I don't really know what I'm looking for exactly.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers.

A:Sound no longer coming through TV

What a waste of time. Literally as soon as i posted this I found what the problem was. Sorry!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-no-longer-coming-through-tv.1131528/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I am new to this board and this is my first post. I have pretty good computer knowledge and assembled by computer about 3 years ago.

I have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard. My problem is sound only comes out of one speaker in a 2 speaker set up. Nothing fancy just a 2 speaker set up. Used to get sound out of both speakers and then had to store computer to make room for some painting. When reattached speakers to computer, sound only comes from one speaker. I tried another set of speakers with the same result.

I have downloaded latest NVidia audio drivers but that didn't help. Anybody have any suggestions.

A:Sound coming out of one speaker only

Try some headphones in the socket if you get sound from both one of your speakers are duff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-coming-out-of-one-speaker-only.64613/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

Suddenly sound in my laptop has gone.

I checked volume in control panel along with the sound drivers. All seems okay to me. Can anyone suggest what should I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

A:no sound coming from my laptop

Hello nitingoyal did you try the sound volume icon on the right hand side of the taskbar?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/276752-no-sound-coming-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

my laptop's speakers stopped working after I tried plugin the laptop to my TV.

I've tried plugin headphones and that does not work either. Can someone help?

A:No sound coming from speakers

Do you have any buttons on the keyboard or laptop to mute or un-mute the sound?

Go to the Control Panel and then to Sounds and Audio Devices. You should see an Audio tab, make sure the right sound card is selected and that everything else is fine like the volume levels and so on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-coming-from-speakers.591055/
Relevancy 47.3%

Just recently, my laptop suddenly became mute. This occurred while I was watching a video. My laptop put itself to hibernation or something, because it was running out of battery life. After I recontinued my session, I had no sound at all. I've tried several attempts to fix this, but to no avail. When I plug in my earphones and try to hear from them, they work perfectly fine, but when I unplug them, everything becomes mute.

If anyone can, please help.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6005 with Windows 7 64-bit.

P.S.
Attached to this post is a summary generated by CPUID PC-Wizard.

A:No sound coming from my laptop

Hi Sunaru,

With your headphones unplugged, does your volume meter in the tray icon area (bottom right) indicate volume at a reasonable level? Sounds like the drivers are working OK, might be something simple hopefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-from-my-laptop.189213/
Relevancy 47.3%

My situation looks like this:

Subwoofer connects to the onboard audio jack, and a set of 2 generic speakers connect to a jack in the subwoofer. Sound emits from the Subwoofer okay, but only one of the two speakers is emitting sound.

im using XP

A:Sound only coming out of one speaker.

w :
Hello & welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

Has the system ever worked well? If so, what changed?

Can you plug the non sub woofer directly into the computer. The problem could be inside the sub woofer.

Switch the speaker connections on the sub woofer.

All sounds? Music CD?
start > control panel OR
start > settings > control panel
classic view
sounds & audio devices >"sounds" tab
left click an item in the lower 3rd associated with a speaker.
Then, left click the button with right pointing arrow.
Did you hear anything?

Windows Media Player Troubleshooter
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#audio

Which version of WMP are you using?

If you are not using WMP, what media player are you using?

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-only-coming-out-of-one-speaker.894356/
Relevancy 47.3%

Alright so i have a Dell Inspiron E1405 Running Windows XP. a month back i was Djing a house party and the sound wouldn't come out of the computer. I reformatted it with the Dell Cd's and installed all drivers and still no sound. What can possibly be wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-not-coming-out-of-laptop.891678/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

I'm a layman, so please apologise if this all seems very low level to you.

I've bought the following product online from PC World:
Advent tower
AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Prossessor
Windows Vista (64bit) Home Premium
Model: PQD4003

No sound comes out of this machine. Went through all checks suggested on Vista help, also tried speakers, but only (!) headphones with in/out plug work.

Running a check with a downloaded programme brought the following needed updates:

- ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics
- Realtec RTL8169/8110 Family PCi Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
- Realtec High Definition Audio (although running the check on 'help' the outcome was it's up-to-date)

Help?

Thanks in advance.
Silvia

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-coming-out-of-brand-new-pc-451307.html
Relevancy 47.3%

imgur: the simple image sharer

As you can see, the green means that sound is detected but no sound is coming out.

I've narrowed this down cto the fact that IDT HD Audio Codec is bugged or something as it's not being detected in Control Panel (also in picture). I've uninstalled and reinstalled that driver many times and still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

A little extra information, if I plug in headphones then sound comes from both the laptop and headphones. if i plug in headphones in half way, it comes only from the headphones.

I'm thinking this has something to do with IDT and how it's combined the speakers and headphones, but I can't access the IDT menu.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Have you tried using System Restore back to when it did work and if that woreks look at all the same settings for differences?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-coming-from-laptop-771322.html