Windows Support Forum

Mapped network drive not auto reconnecting at startup - Vista

Q: Mapped network drive not auto reconnecting at startup - Vista

Hi all, I am running Vista Ultimate and have mapped a network drive which is on my file server (running Ubuntu 7.04). Vista maps it without any problems, but when I restart the computer, the message "could not reconnect all network drives" appears and find that I have to type the samba login name & password again. I have the Reconnect at logon box selected (as shown in screenshot below), so why is it not auto logging on?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mapped network drive not auto reconnecting at startup - Vista

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Mapped network drive not auto reconnecting at startup - Vista

I just happened to see this so thought I'd mention...

I ran into the same problem with our only Vista user. The share mounts fine once the system has booted but it fails just as you reported for remembered connections. In our case the server is Windows Server 2003. I haven't made any real attempts to understand the problem but I threw a quick net use batch at it until time permits.

Just in case, create a batch file with:

net use mountdriveletter: \\server\share /user:username password

Put it or a shortcut to it into your startup programs directory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive-not-auto-reconnecting-at-startup-vista.593131/
Relevancy 105.78%

I have a windows desktop with an SSD and regular mechanical hard drive where I keep my data I also have a laptop with a small SSD as well I wanted to keep the laptop free of non-critical data so I decided to setup a file share between my desktop win home prem and my laptop Win pro I was able share the files and navigate to my desktop through my reconnecting bootup network Mapped drive on not laptop I successfully mapped the folder as a network drive and all was well Then I rebooted and I was disconnected from it it remembered that it was there but I needed to manually connect to it and I needed to provide my login credentials There is no password just a username What is causing this and is there a way to get around this Also is there a way to set a timeout because if my desktop is not on and I want to use my laptop the boot times are much longer Mapped network drive not reconnecting on bootup compared to when I don't have the mapped network drive on my laptop at all

A:Mapped network drive not reconnecting on bootup

Hi there,
Although it's unlikely this was missed out, did you tick the checkbox when you mapped the network drive that allows you to reconnect at login?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/264490-mapped-network-drive-not-reconnecting-bootup.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi I am trying to connect to a on Drive Boot Fails Network Reconnecting Mapped wireless Hard Drive storage unit with a PC running Vista Reconnecting Mapped Network Drive on Boot Fails I can connect to it just fine with a login and password and all works well in that department My problem is with mapping it to a network drive I go through the motions My Computer - gt Map Network Drive - gt Select Drive Letter - gt sharedfolder and the login and password to connect are unique so I click connect using a different username and type in the correct information All seems well except that when I reboot I get the message that it could not Reconnecting Mapped Network Drive on Boot Fails connect to the network drives If I try to access the drive it asks me for a password the username is what I set it to in the different username prompt and I type in the Reconnecting Mapped Network Drive on Boot Fails same password that I put in at the different username prompt and it connects fine So the login and password are all correct it just doesn t want to connect on boot Any ideas as to what the problem may be Also while I m at it just a quick question When you connect to a shared network for the first time it will bring up that quot Connect To quot dialogue and ask for U P When you type it in you can connect to the drive but any subsequent times you try to connect it won t ask for the U P So how do I go about changing the user connecting to that device without having to log off and back on again b nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-mapped-network-drive-on-boot-fails.971197/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi

We have recently installed windows 7 at work. We use 3 mapped drives (P,Z andT). Sometimes when turning the pc on in the morning the computer will not reconnect to the drives automaticley, Which is a pain. My question is, is there a way to
stop this, can you make them auto reconnect on start up.

Thanks       

A:Auto Reconnect Mapped Network Drive

Hello chrispch,
According to the research, the mapped drive lost issue may be caused by the several possible reasons:

Possible reason1. The problematic client doesn't reconnect to the target share at logon.

Please follow the steps to re-configure the mapped driver on the client and then check if the issue will re-occur.

Steps:

a. Open "My Computer"

b. Click on "Tools" and then select "Map Network Driver"

c. input the \\ipaddressofserver\sharename to give the path of the share

d. Check "Reconnect at logon"

e. Drive gets mapped

f. Double click on the drive to check.

Possible Reason 2. Antivirus software or Windows Firewall may block the SMB protocol on clients.

Please check if there is any Antivirus software and the Windows Firewall is enabled on the problematic client. If so, please disable them to check if the issue can be resolved.

Possible Reason3. Fast Logon Optimization is enabled on the clients. 

The fast logon feature may affect the display and drive letter assignment of a mapped network drive. As a result, the drive may have been mapped; however, the user on client cannot see it in Windows Explorer. He may recognize it as a failed network drive mapping.
This is the reason why we usually suggest you to disable fast logon on the clients via a GPO, and please check if the mapped network drive will be occur under this circumstance.

Please also configure the following group policy setting to disable Fast Logon Optimization to see if the issue still exists on the problematic clients.

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon

When this policy is enabled, a Windows XP client behaves in the same manner as a Windows 2000 client at both system startup and at user logon.

Please note: As this is a computer configuration, please run "Gpupdate /force" and then reboot the problematic clients to make it take into effect.

For more information about Fast Logon Optimization feature, please check the following KB article.

305293 Description of the Windows XP Professional Fast Logon Optimization feature

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305293

831998 Mapped network drive shows no drive letter or will not allow you to create new long-named files or folders

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831998

297684 Mapped Drive Connection to Network Share May Be Lost

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297684

If the issue still exists on the problematic clients, please also try adding the following registry subkey on the problematic client to check it works.

Steps:

a. Click Start, click Run, type REGEDIT, and then click OK.
b. Locate and click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache
c. Click Edit, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
d. Type SilentForcedAutoReconnect , and then press ENTER to name the value.
e. Double-click SilentForcedAutoReconnect .
f. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any concen.

Hope the information can be helpful for you.Thanks and Regards
Scorpio_Milo
MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007
MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
MCITP: Server & Enterprise Administrator
Microsoft Infrastructure Consultant
Enterprise Service: Solution Architect
Microsoft Storage Team - File Cabinet Blog
My Blog

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/80ffb38e-1414-4fd1-8cf9-8999aa01c878/auto-reconnect-mapped-network-drive?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 89.44%

I have read a lot of posts on this but here is my problem I am using Windows nbsp I have a Western Digital My Book World TB NAS nbsp nbsp The drive is mapped correctly Windows Still Drive Mapped (Always) to 7 Not Reconnecting nbsp I have added credentials nbsp through the credentials manager in the Control Panel nbsp The credentials are being remembered after logoff shut-down and re-boot nbsp nbsp If I shut-down and re-boot immediately or perhaps within a hour period the machine will reconnect to the nbsp mapped drive nbsp at logon nbsp However if more than hours elapses between shut-down and re-boot I get the now-very-familiar quot could not nbsp connect to all network drives quot message and nbsp both folders of the NAS are nbsp shown to be disconnected in nbsp Computer nbsp Of course a click on the correct folder will connect nbsp That is a pain and the rest of my family that uses this computer will not remember to do this every time nbsp It becomes quite a mess nbsp if iTunes is loaded with the NAS disconnected since the music library obviously will not load and will then need to be re-selected the next time the program is started nbsp I nbsp do not expect the other family members to be nbsp able to remember each of these steps nbsp Thus does anyone know Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive each and every thing that must be done in Windows to ensure that the mapped network drive will perpetually reconnect at logon nbsp I say quot each and every thing quot because Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive I have found that this is a highly nbsp iterative process nbsp I keep discovering additional steps that need to be taken upon further and further quot research quot nbsp There must be a more intuitive approach Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows 7 Still Not (Always) Reconnecting to Mapped Drive

If WD cannot help on it, there is a workaround we can try. You may open Notepad and paste the following commands into Notepad.
net use [driveletter]: /delete net use [driveletter]: \\server\share /user:[username] password /persistent:yes
Please save this Notepad to a location with a name reconnect.bat.
Then, launch Task Scheduler, you may create scheduled task to run this *.bat file. Probably you can set it to run after several hours.
For more information regarding the “net use” command, please refer:
Technet Library - Net useArthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/10a47ea7-9ee4-49ff-9a00-f014bc7c623c/windows-7-still-not-always-reconnecting-to-mapped-drive?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 78.69%

I have an XP Laptop that is used to record video for our high school football team. When we are donw using the video on the laptop we store it on a TerraStation 2TB server in the office. It is always on and connected to a hub that the laptop is hooked to when on.

My problem is this.... when the laptop is turned on, the network drive I set up shows "disconnected", and consequently, the application for transferring the video to the server doesn't show the network drive to select... after I click on the network drive in "my computer", the application will then see the network drive.

My question is how to make this automatically connect when the computer boots. I set it up to "reconnect at logon", but it does not without me opening the drive 1st...

Thanks for your help in advance!

Rick

A:Networked Drive not Auto reconnecting ay logon

Reconnect at Logon not working

Me, too; I have XP Pro SP2 with automatic updates on 5 systems, and just this one fails: after most reboots, if I launch an application that was last working on a file in the mapped network drive, it comes up "unavailable" or "file not found" unless I visit Windows Explorer first.

I even tried putting batch files with shortcuts "n:\dummy.txt" and "m:\dummy.txt" in my Startup group, to force references to my M: and N: drives, and that isn't even enough!

No domains, just workgroup peer networking here. Like I say, works on all my other systems, has for years, just my latest Gateway Profile 6 acts different.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networked-drive-not-auto-reconnecting-ay-logon.86270/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi

I have got a fair few network drives mapped in my computer, at the min i need to log in manually when i want to view one of them.

is there a way for it to automatically log me in to them when windows starts?

i am sure i have managed it before but have not got a clue as to how i did it.

thank you

JPLamb

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi there.  I have a simple 3-computer network setup in my home.  All 3 are XP Pro.  I have the "\All Users\Documents\" folders as the shared, mapped drive folders. Everything works great until I reboot.  They become disconnected.  I fixed it for one computer with a run command, but now I can't find it again on the web for the other two computers.  Anyone know this command?
Thanks!

A:Network drives not reconnecting at startup.

Hi There.!
Try this...
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd.
Type net use x: \\computer name\share name, where x: is the drive letter you want to assign to the shared resource.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489729/network-drives-not-reconnecting-at-startup/
Relevancy 74.82%

My boss just bought 5 new Dell Dimension 2350 with XP home ed and wanted me to put them on the network. I've set them up and they can see the network fine, but when i map a drive and reboot the machine, the drives will not reconnect. I chose the options to reconnect but it still does not work.

Am I doing something wrong or is there something i can do to make sure it reconnects after a reboot?

A:mapped drives not reconnecting in XP

I've seen this happen, and haven't figured out why. Instead of wasting my time on the problem, I simply worked around it. In your startup folder, just make a new Batch file (.bat) with lines like:

net use s: \\server\shared

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-drives-not-reconnecting-in-xp.119318/
Relevancy 74.82%

So users at work have Xp or Win 7 notebooks.
For the XP users, they use mobile broadband, then cisco vpn to connect to our network and transmit a text file via an access database they use to a mapped drive.

For the Win 7 users, they use cisco anyconnect instead(latest vpn doesn't work wirelessly)

The XP users connect with broadband, then vpn then they can transmit via the access database.

The Win 7 users have to manually open the mapped drive to see its contents before transmitting. It doesn't seem to realise that the notebook is connected to the network and needs the mapped drive to be kick started.

Is there a reason/solution for this?

A:auto connect mapped drive via wireless and vpn

Use the logon script to auto map the drive for them would be the simple way around this. -WS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/124007-auto-connect-mapped-drive-via-wireless-vpn.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all This is all on my home network - both PCs are local to each other I have a Win PC which hosts all within network Remote loses network home drive randomly desktop and connectivity mapped my media and documents which I connect to via remote desktop and share a drive on the network It has no monitor so remote desktop is my main method of access Very occasionally I will turn it on and be unable to connect to it or the mapped drive In fact my main PC Win cannot find it on the network anywhere But it IS on the network - I can connect via my mobile using Splashtop and I can also connect via TeamViewer from the main PC This is not a solution though as I need to be able to access the shared drive on my main PC Remote desktop and mapped network drive within home network randomly loses connectivity Both PCs use Bitdefender Makes no Remote desktop and mapped network drive within home network randomly loses connectivity difference with the BD firewall temporarily turned off As I mentioned sometimes it connects fine with no issues and sometimes it can't find it In these situations I can't even ping the Media PC's IP address timeout nor can the Media PC ping the main PC It can obviously ping the router Usually a restart of the Media PC fixes this although that's annoying - but today it isn't The error that I get is 'The network path was not found' and for remote desktop 'Remote Desktop can't find the computer 'MediaServer quot This might mean it does not belong to the specified network quot etc I also thought it work mentioning that this is what comes up when using the net use command Status nbsp nbsp nbsp Local nbsp nbsp Remote nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Network ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Unavailable nbsp X nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp MediaServer D nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft Windows Network The command completed successfully If I then muck around with deleting the share and reconnecting it will sometimes reconnect Today - no can't find the network path Any help appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a303e2f-6cbb-4147-8cdd-2009aa384661/remote-desktop-and-mapped-network-drive-within-home-network-randomly-loses-connectivity?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 70.09%

so here is an oddball question. how would i go about reconnecting to a network share drive, after changing the ip address of the computer im using, using a command prompt?

A:reconnecting to a network drive after changing computer ip address

You'd connect to it the same way as before. Changing a computer's IP address shouldn't prevent you from connecting to a network share unless you gave the computer an IP address on a different range, in which case you'd need to change that devices IP address to match the new network IP scheme. Can you clarify what you did and what IP addresses the network device and the computer have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-to-a-network-drive-after-changing-computer-ip-address.1149753/
Relevancy 70.09%

I searched the forums but didn't find a match to this problem On startup I get the message shown below If I open Explorer the network drive is shown with a red quot X quot through it If I click the network drive it connects and displays the contents without an issue If I run any application that needs files on that drive before clicking it in Explorer it will say the resource is unavailable What appears to be happening is Windows tries to reconnect to the drive before the network connection is reestablished I at Mapped Not Startup Drive Connecting believe this to be Mapped Drive Not Connecting at Startup the case because the network icon in the system tray is still showing the animation for establishing the network connection when the message pop's up There is no issue with authentication or password's etc as the drive connects as soon as I click on it My question is does anybody know of a way to set the mapped drive reconnection farther back in the boot sequence or add a longer wait state to it so it doesn't time out before the network Mapped Drive Not Connecting at Startup connection is reestablished

A:Mapped Drive Not Connecting at Startup

I don't think this is an issue here. Mapped network shares often get disconnected for a variety of reasons, the destination machine might have been restarted, connections to that machine might have been resetted due to limit exceed, network interruptions, you logged off etc. Once disconnected, i don't know if the system can reconnect until you initiated it by clicking on it manually.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/51085-mapped-drive-not-connecting-startup.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi those problem were discussed here but separately and none of the solutions were not helpful I am posting this again since I think those two problems are connected So when I start computer I will call it comp my network drive is offline just as network printer Mapped network drive is actually my physical drive D and printer drive network and network offline mapped it is mapped as Z since I have three comps in my small office and it is used as storage for all comps When I open win explorer I get my mapped drive mapped network drive and network printer offline crossed with reds So I have to click on it to wake it up Second problem is with printer which is always offline and I have to turn off on his wifi to get it connected again to my comp Printer is HP officejet and is connected to the network router using WiFi Comp runs win pro with all the latest updates Second comp has the same OS while third one has win Both comps and has mapped the same drive as mine comp Interesting is that those two when turned on has printer and mapped drive online So problem is only with comp that actually has that drive physically in its own system

A:mapped network drive and network printer offline

Hi!
here:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com...&prof=required

I got this advice:

Here is the code:

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)
Reboot

That has solved my printer problem, but offline mapped drive remained as problem.
Today I tested one more thing.

I mapped drive on comp#2. So now on comp#1 there are mapped drives Y: and Z:. Z: is actually map D: on comp#1 and Y is drive on comp#1.

I restarted comp#1 and Y: was online while Z: was not.

Interesting that comp#1 connects to mapped drives from another computer, but not to it's own mapped drives.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58478-mapped-network-drive-network-printer-offline.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm currently working with a client who frequently uses an application that is located on Mapped Startup Showing Application Not up on Drive a mapped drive on their server Every time that their computer starts up the icons on the desktop show as broken until they go to My Computer go to their T and browse the directory then it'll show up as a working shortcut on their desktop At first I Mapped Drive Application Not Showing up on Startup remapped the network drive and checked the box next to quot reconnect at logon quot to see if that would help but it they still have to click on the actual mapped drive from within quot My Computer quot Is there a way to maybe create a batch that will perform this action when they start their computer Mapped Drive Application Not Showing up on Startup Say a quot net use quot command which will remap the drive every time they start the computer and then have it do a quot dir quot within the T once it's connected It's been years since I've really worked with DOS commands as I'm typically working with Linux and Basic Windows XP applications so I don't really recall how to set up a batch job like that

A:Mapped Drive Application Not Showing up on Startup

Hi

How about something like:

Code:
net use t: \\PCName\ShareName
dir t:
Copy to a file and save as "Run_Me.bat" (Or something)
Put it in your startup folder.

Note "NET USE" will also depend on the use of user names and password
You might have to use

Code:
NET USE T: \\PCName\ShareName "Password" /USER:UserName

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mapped-drive-application-not-showing-up-on-startup-546123.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi there,

i am runing a network with a shared folder on my win me pc... shaired as Z: on all machines. this has been working fine on ME and XP however now on Vista when i run my job program it looks for Z:\deamers\job.mdb and z:\deamers\info.mdb it tells me that the path is invalid.

i have created the Z network share many times now but it just dont seem to want to work. is there somthing im missing or does vista just do it a different way?

a speedy reply on this would be appriciated as i MUST have it sorted by thursday!

thanks in advanced

A:Mapped network drive

just to let you know i have now fixed this problem. the netowrk location was set to public and so was restriction what i could do. have chanved it to private and the program now runs fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive.575079/
Relevancy 68.37%

Problem Getting daily 'Not enough server storage is available to process this command' errors from mapped Drive Mapped Network network drives forcing a reboot of server I have a Vista Business bit OS Core Quad Q gHz Mapped Network Drive gigs ram machine acting as a server I have Win XP Pro Win XP Home and Vista Home Premium machines on the network hard wired that all map to a shared folder on the server Each of the satellite PCs have their own dedicated user on the Server and map to the shared folder using that dedicated user The server does not have any Symantec products on it and has never had any Symantec products installed on it I have tried increasing the IRPStackSize at intervals of decimal until I have reached the max of The PagedPoolSize is I have no additional firewalls beyond the windows firewall On a daily basis the satellite PCs will loose their mapped drive and cannot reconnect until the server is rebooted I am out of ideas Please help

A:Mapped Network Drive

Any ideas would be helpful.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/185737-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello This is an issue about VISTA mapped drives? to you try reconnect or to network Can to VISTA not tell going into quot LIMBO quot trying to reconnect to my mapped network drives which I know I don't have access since I'm connected VPN This issue isn t isolated to VISTA I ve had this issue with all Windows OS I just never found a solution The workstation is part of the network we log into a DOMAIN pretty standard Often when using certain Can you tell VISTA not to try to reconnect to network or mapped drives? VPNs the quot tunneling security quot causes you to loose quot Network Connections quot which is fine I e If I have a mapped drive to a share on the network or If my default printer is a Network Printer I cannot access it You will get the quot Could not reconnect to the network share etc etc or printer is unavailable quot Often same goes for email with Outlook Now when I use various programs such as PL SQL MS Word or Windows Explorer and many more VISTA XP etc etc they all want to be very nice and try to reconnect me automatically to the mapped drive or look for the printer even If I haven't clicked on the mapped network or tried to print anything You get the busy hourglass or little circle in VISTA and you have to wait and wait and wait until you know you eventually get the quot could not reconnect message quot and you move on with your life All this to ask the following Question Is there anyway for me to tell VISTA quot Stop looking stop trying to reconnect or look for the printer I know they are not available quot Any settings which I can set to limit VISTA to look for say seconds then quit If not any of you guys at Microsoft read these posts TIP We did work a solution with regards to the printer The solution is create a bogus printer that is local to your workstation or use another local printer or whatever - as long as it is not on the network and make it the default That work around kinda sucks as anytime you want to print when you actually have network connectivity you have to flip back the default or manually select from the list Any help would be awesome Any gurus out there

A:Can you tell VISTA not to try to reconnect to network or mapped drives?

I know this is an old post... But has anyone figured something out?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/207250-can-you-tell-vista-not-try-reconnect-network-mapped-drives.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Dear All,
First i want introduced to u.I am siva from gz.
I have Windows XP Proffessional Desktop PC.I mapped some drives or folders.After i mapped that drive when i double click means.It will OPENDED WITH likes this.Please help.
Advance Thanks to all
Kindly Regards
Siva

A:Reg Mapped Network Drive Opened With

In Microsoft Windows and OS/2, a mapped drive is typically the place on a networked computer's hard drive that has been created/designated and given a special name. It is created by an administrator, it is given certain permissions of use to be set by, again, an administrator, and will store information for particular users or groups, and basically contain anything(whatever) that is compatible with the existing system depending on what those who use it and/or create it require at a given time. I can't understand the question, where is sg???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reg-mapped-network-drive-opened-with.725068/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello There Hi i have been trying to troubleshoot this problem i have been having with my network drive I have a program set up on a server and several computers use this program Well recently the server started to crash constantly and i have another one up and running with just printers set up on it so i copied the files to the print server and i was mapping the drive to the new server with this extension nmsu-las-new banner which is the new server and the old location was nmsu-las banner so the mapj batch file is configured to map j using the old server location which is nmsu-las banner and i go in and edit the batch file which maps j on the C drive in system folder change it to the new server which is nmsu-las-new banner and then restart when the users log back in the drive is disconnected and i have to remap it here is how stay mapped...? wil My not Network drive the bat file looks after i change it if exist O net use o del gt nul net use O nmsu-las-new Banner banner u nmsu-net banner persistent no if exist J net use o del gt nul net use J Topaz Banner banner u wnmu-net banner persistent no After all this i have to copy and run registry fixes to allow My Network drive wil not stay mapped...? the program to run but thats not the problem i want to know how to keep the drive mapped Do i have to alter anything else in the bat file either on the c My Network drive wil not stay mapped...? drive or the server or both the server mapj bat file is still using the old bat file i changed it and the program won t run so it s still using the old bat file i don t know what else to do stumped well thanks for your time and i look forward to hearing from anyone thanks again Techkc nbsp

A:My Network drive wil not stay mapped...?

I'll take a stab at this,

Change persistent no to persistent yes maybe.

Oh and your 3rd line has 2 diff drive letters , shouldn't they both be J?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-network-drive-wil-not-stay-mapped.52617/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone
hoping someone can help me with this using windows 7 pro 64bit and need windows to index files on a local NAS for quick search i have tried unc add in but the one Microsoft has will work on 32bit but not 64 the only other option i have seen is enabling offline which isn't very practical spent about 8 hours on the phone to Microsoft trying to get them to help me if any one has any info on this i would be extremely grateful.

A:Indexing Mapped network drive

you could check out this link it has quiet a lot of links and information about what you are trying to
achieve never had the nead for this so not to sure on the answer but I will look in to it for you I am at the CAB today so I will ask the main man how it is done.

Link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/thread/afb904c1-1c61-4aae-b6b1-5cf525b9f8de
Kind Regards

computerTechGuy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496518/indexing-mapped-network-drive/
Relevancy 67.94%

Dear All,
I have desktop pc windows xp with sp1.I Mapped some shared folder from local network through Mapped Network Drive.It is easily for open network folder.After some days.When i was double clicked Mapped Network Drive from my computer means.It is not opening directly network folder.It will asking Open With Program Files like this.Please help me.How resolve this problem.Advance thanks to all.
Kindly Regards
Siva

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reg-mapped-network-drive-opened-with.725290/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have mapped a network drive successfully with a username and the mapped network drive cannot access password I can navigate it in Windows explorer but when I try to install a software into cannot access the mapped network drive that drive when install there is a panel that I can enter the dest location it prompts me that the drive is invalid Then I click the Brwose button to view the disks I found it just lists the local disks the mapped disk is not displaying It works on XP I tried another software this time I can see the mapped disk from the dialog popup after click quot Browse quot button but it displays as disconnected with a red X on it As I said before I have connected it successfully I can create new folder or file on to that drive from Windows explorer I double clicked the quot disconnected quot disk from the dialog then it prompts me entering username and password After I did that the mapped disk became usable

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202783-cannot-access-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a laptop vista 32 home premium and a desktop vista 64 home premium I have a linksys wrt54g wireless router running kaspersky IS 2009. I have networked both computers and both computers can find one another. I have also mapped an external hard drive and both computers can find it. The hard drive is physically connected to the desktop. I can access it through the desktop. It is mapped on the laptop I can see it I can click on it but I get an access denied message when trying to open it.

I have permissions set to full control
I have user accounts on both computers set the same
Firewall is set to allow the traffic
and the drive is set to be shared

I can't open the network drive??
Any Ideas??

Thanks,
Mike

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/203526-cant-access-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm using XP. I have mapped a network drive to a Windows 7 computer as administrator. I am trying to navigate to Z:\Users\Mary\Pictures\Mary's Pictures. But when I navigate to Z:\Users\Mary\Pictures I don't see "Mary's Pictures". I can see "Mary's Pictures" if I'm at her computer.

What do I have to do to see all folders and files on Z?

A:Mapped network drive access

Welcome EddyQ.

do you have don't show hidden and system files unchecked in folder options? That could be the reason
or the user mary does not have sharing on her pictures folder.
rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/152036-mapped-network-drive-access.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have three computers networked together via a Linksys Wireless Router. One Dell running XP Pro, and two HP laptops (wireless) one running Vista Ultimate x64 and the other running Vista Home Premium x32. I have all issues resolved (that I've discovered so far anyway) except one. There is a shared external hard drive conneced via USB to the XP, which I have mapped to both Vistas. I can see it when I open 'My Computer' but when I click on it I get an error that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to view the item." The odd thing about it is that I can access the contents of the drive by right-clicking on it and choosing either 'explore' or 'open.' I can access drives mapped from the Vista(s) to the XP on the XP just fine, just not the other way around. Any ideas?

A:Can't open mapped network drive.

Originally Posted by joshua.queen

I have three computers networked together via a Linksys Wireless Router. One Dell running XP Pro, and two HP laptops (wireless) one running Vista Ultimate x64 and the other running Vista Home Premium x32. I have all issues resolved (that I've discovered so far anyway) except one. There is a shared external hard drive conneced via USB to the XP, which I have mapped to both Vistas. I can see it when I open 'My Computer' but when I click on it I get an error that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to view the item." The odd thing about it is that I can access the contents of the drive by right-clicking on it and choosing either 'explore' or 'open.' I can access drives mapped from the Vista(s) to the XP on the XP just fine, just not the other way around. Any ideas?

i have a problem very simalar to this i have a wireless network and my laptop is running vista basic and my desktop XP home SP2 and i can see the desktop when i go to the whole network map on my vista but i can't click on it or access any of the files does anyone have a fix for this?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/125643-cant-open-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I mapped a network drive for a restricted user. We're on an XP machine (sp2). When he logs off and back on the mapping is no longer there and he has to re-map it. He has full permissions to that share. What can I do to fix this so he doesn't have to re-map the drive every time he logs in? Yes, the "reconnect at login" box is checked.
We are on a domain but the shared folder on the server is on the same subnet as his PC.

Doug.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-mapped-network-drive-364952.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I normally transfer files between my office XP machine and my home XP machine using a mapped network drive on the home machine.
I recently installed Service Pack 3 on my office XP machine and the mapped network drive stopped working.
When I turn the Windows Firewall off the mapped drive works again.
So I need to set an exception, I assume this should be a port.
What port do I use and should it be TCP or UDP?

Alternatively, is there a better (newer) way to transfer files between home and office?

Relevancy 67.94%

I have used Vista for just one week and gone from jet black to completly grey haired already....

My latest problem is...... My network drives keep disappearing. I map the drives and they work for a while then they simply disconnect and I cannot access them. (Manully re-mapping them 'sometimes' works)

I am using Vista 32 OS.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jeff

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/245949-mapped-network-drive-disappearing.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a drive letter "M:" mapped to a shared drive on my network. I am unable to delete the mapping. If I click on the icon to access the share I get: "M: Not accesible, drive is not ready".

If I right click on the share and choose DISCONNECT I get: "Network Connection Does Not Exist."

If I use the CMD "net use * /d" command I get: "There are no entries in the list."

The share does exist as I can access it and map it to another unused drive letter but I am unable to get rid of the old broken "M" connection.

I'm using Vista x64 SP2 Ultimate

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this ??

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/204911-cannot-delete-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi All I'm running Windows bit Pro I run some CAD and compiler software that unfortunately uses absolute path names in network Mapped PC not writable drive same on project files so I need to access all my files with exactly the same path for my PC and my laptop Enventually I want to put all files on an external NAS drive but only have the PC at the moment So my first thought was create a folder on my PC say C X Drive map it as Mapped network drive on same PC not writable a network drive say X and share the folder as X on the laptop Then I'd always access files through the mapped drive and all paths would be consistent and moving to an external drive should be trivial This sort of works I've set up the Security tab to give everyone full access I can read and write the folder itself but cannot write to the mapped drive version on the same Mapped network drive on same PC not writable PC I'm warned I don't have permission I'm an administrator and the only user on the system I've tried UNC addressing and direct fixed IP addressing when mapping no joy Subst doesn't work properly either drive comes up as disconnected in explorer but Mapped network drive on same PC not writable I believe that's a known Windows bug Has anyone done this I can't see why it shouldn't work Any help appreciated Mark

A:Mapped network drive on same PC not writable

Have you fixed this problem ? I have the same one and cannot find a solution anywhere! Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/230712-mapped-network-drive-same-pc-not-writable.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, i have a problem with the mapped network drive which keep telling me that the disk space is low but in fact it has a 100 gb left. This happened when i tried to copy some files into it but it keeping failing. It was working a few days ago but it suddenly gave me this problem. I tried deleting stuff in it but it doesnt seems to work. Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive-problem.568793/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a small problem here!

1. I have created a <shared folder> on one computer in a network;
2. I have mapped the <shared folder> on each of the other computers in that network.

Everything work just fine until too many computers try to connect to that mapped network drive, than many computers get the next error:

"Z:\ is not accessible.
No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept."

Ofcourse, I understand what this message means, but what can I do about it?

A:Help, mapped network drive overload...

Unless your running server 10 is the max number of connections you can have to a share with w2k/xp pro

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-mapped-network-drive-overload.38811/
Relevancy 67.08%

Looking for a backup solution for backing up and implementing a mapped network drive on one of our servers and moving the corresponding folder pathways to a different location.

We have a 10TB Synology drive that backs up our existing shared drive and we are considering making the Synology drive the main shared drive with a cloud backup.

We have a DHCP server, (2) SQL servers, with split users remoting into either, a VOIP server and and 4 total network switches connecting everyone.
Can anyone recommend a good solution/application paid or free for backing up a shared network drive and the best device/hardware for implementing a new network drive?

We are dealing with a very old server that is limited space wise.

Apologies for the non extensive detail, don't have a lot of time on my plate ATM but will answer any follow up questions/details that are needed.

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/395103-backup-solution-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a client running Win XP They are on a domain running Server with a few mapped network documents drive able save mapped to to Not network drives to their data Specifically there is one mapped drive which is the User s data folders with everyday running docs more specifically running MS Excel and Word yeah I know time for an upgrade hey I know My problem with only one of the users is that he is able to open the documents on the mapped drive specifically with wbk files the Word Backups and even allowed to make changes to the files and even save it But as soon as he wants to quot save as quot the file to give it a different name then Word crashes the whole system hangs Not able to get any other response out of it than opening up Task Manager but even when I try to run some commands from it or end certain task itself crashes too I have no idea what could be going on Well I was informed that the system had a virus on a couple of weeks ago but I have been given no details thereof as I think the person is trying to hide what damaged he has caused by quot fixing quot some problems found This is what I have done so far Not able to save documents to mapped network drive I have done quot sfc scannow quot Malwarebytes scan find log attached HiJackThis find log attached Please tell me if Not able to save documents to mapped network drive there s anything more you need Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-save-documents-to-mapped-network-drive.1003709/
Relevancy 67.08%

I drive? a mapped network via Playing CD games ve just recently bought an HP Pavilion dm notebook and unfortunately it doesn t have a CD drive Fortunately I mapped the CD drives from my desktop onto the notebook and can install games over that The down side to that is that some games won t run this way I m guessing it s the copy protection getting in the way But my question is is there a better way to play games via the network as if there s actually a drive in my notebook I d like to play games on my notebook via my desktop s CD drive without interference from the copy protection I ve seen programs like Virtual CloneDrive WinMount Playing games via a mapped network CD drive? and etc but they don t seem to support mapping folders to a virtual Playing games via a mapped network CD drive? CD drive I d like to not use disc images if possible So I suppose I d really just like to use my desktop s CD drive as if it s installed on my notebook in a way that s feasible with games Is this possible Advice is greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/playing-games-via-a-mapped-network-cd-drive.169602/
Relevancy 67.08%

Basically I have shared drives on a windows Server that I need my windows workstation to be able to share to my Xbox through wmp I've followed this guide Sharing your media This did little to nothing despite giving rights and setting the network service to sign in using an account that can access the remote shares I ended up making a syslinked folder and using mklink d shared created links to my mapped network drives they now show up in media player and the folder is also setup to be indexed The xbox can even browse the remote folders now and see all the files However when I choose a file the xbox says the file is incompatible These are WMV files which had no problem playing and are fully compatible What am I doing wrong here P S Microsoft not allowing server to stream to upnp devices is the stupidest thing I've seen Windows Home Server can but the high end server cant then client systems cant share the remote folders on the server wtf does microsoft do no testing

A:Mapped Network Drive with WMP12 and XBOX360

No one seems to have an answer to this anywhere.. am I the only one that needs this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59017-mapped-network-drive-wmp12-xbox360.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi All I m running Windows bit Pro I run some CAD not network same Solved: PC drive Mapped on writable and compiler software that unfortunately uses absolute path names in project files so I need to access all my files with exactly the same path for my PC and my laptop Enventually I want to put all files on an external NAS drive but only have the PC at the moment So my first thought was create a folder on my PC say C X Drive map it as a network drive say X and share the folder as X on the laptop Then I d always access files through the mapped drive and all paths would be consistent and moving to an external drive should be Solved: Mapped network drive on same PC not writable trivial This sort of works I ve set up the Security tab to give everyone full access I can Solved: Mapped network drive on same PC not writable read and write the folder itself but cannot write to the mapped drive version on the same PC I m warned I don t have permission I m an administrator and the only user on the system I ve tried UNC addressing and direct fixed IP addressing when mapping no joy Subst doesn t work properly either drive comes up as disconnected in explorer but I believe that s a known Windows bug Has anyone done this I can t see why it shouldn t work Any help appreciated Mark nbsp

A:Solved: Mapped network drive on same PC not writable

I have a fix, I use psubst from here:
http://code.google.com/p/psubst/

This works (it has to be run as administrator with the /P switch to make it persistent), but requires a reboot for explorer to actually see the drives. I came across another utility which does allow the drives to be seen in explorer immediately:

http://www.ntwind.com/software/utilities/visual-subst.html

This partially works in that the drives immediately show up in explorer and are writable, but drives are not reconnected across reboots. So eventually I found this page detailing why:
http://www.ntwind.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2874

Mark.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mapped-network-drive-on-same-pc-not-writable.1053819/
Relevancy 67.08%

I manage a SBS 2003 server where the C drive has a folder called E that is shared as a drive for network users. On their computers, they map the drive as J. For some reason one long time user only see the drive J as 1 GB, while it is actually 160 GB. The two other mapped drives show the correct information. The user is a member of the Power Users group. I've looked at it from several computers with the same result. If I log on, I can see the correct size of all the mapped drives. I added a new user and it shows 1 GB for drive J.http://static.techguy.org/smilies/confused.gif

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-partial-access-to-mapped-network-drive.778509/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all,

Im in a 2003 native environment with XP Sp3 on all my hosts.

I am having a problem where a mapped network drive is asking for which program to use when opened. You can browse to explorer.exe to open it however the "Always use" option is greyed out. You can also right click on the drive in My Computer and select Explore however it will not open with a double click.

Not all users are affected.

I've done some research for this however have not turned up much. Any help with this is much appreciated.

Thanks
JR

A:Mapped Network drive asks for program to use

I'm having the same problem - exactly as described by Jace. I had it once before with a SanDisk flash drive, which I reformatted and the problem went away. Obviously I don't want to reformat a network drive. Anyone have any ideas here??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mapped-network-drive-asks-for-program-to-use-297607.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Everyone,

I am working with a Dropbox account on my Domain, and ideally I would like to make my "local Dropbox folder" on a mapped network drive. When I attempt to do so I am met with the following error -

http://www.systemcontrol.com.au/imag...Limitation.JPG

Is there any work around for this issue?

Kind Regards,

Davo

A:Trying to put Dropbox folder onto a mapped network drive

Davo,

Please see if this is an acceptable alternative - its Google Drive specific, but it should work exactly the same for DropBox:
Google Drive - Add to "Send To" Context Menu

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/266498-trying-put-dropbox-folder-onto-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Our remote user notebooks have either XP or the newer ones have windows On XP they use wireless internet and Cisco VPN client They have a mapped drive that was set up when the machine was in via and mapped reconnect drive vpn network wirless the office All they need to do is connect the wireless broadband then vpn client and they can acces the mapped drive reconnect mapped network drive via wirless and vpn without having to browse it They have an Access database that transmits to the drive On Win we haven t been able to use VPN client even newer versions via a wireless connection so we use Cisco Any connect instead But when you look at the computer the drive still has an x on it and won t quot kick in quot until you manually browse the drive So the Access database won t transmit until you manually browse the drive Is there a setting to allow you to make sure the drive is available once the notebook has connected to our local network via Cisco Anyconnect We prefer the users don t have to do this extra step nbsp reconnect mapped network drive via wirless and vpn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnect-mapped-network-drive-via-wirless-and-vpn.956231/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have never had issues with shared drives until I enabled uac, now anytime I try to send a file to another pc I get folder destination access denied. How do I fix this? Win 7 x64

A:Mapped network drive says access denied

This sounds like a permissions issue, try the steps below.

1. Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

3. Click Edit. 

4. Click the name of the person you want to give ownership to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617621/mapped-network-drive-says-access-denied/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have three network drives mapped on my computer, running W2K Pro. With no provocation, one of my mapped drives is mapped again (and again, and again, and again.) Legitimately mapped drives are A: thru J: The spurious drives have drive letters assigned sequentially, and, of course, assign all the way up to Z--for a total of 12 bogus connections.

For consideration: two of the networked drives are on the same computer, and they never have spurious connections. All the spurious connections map to the same computer.

Does anyone have any ideas???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive-duplicates-connections.56615/
Relevancy 67.08%

Xp Pro "Server" which hosts a small offices critical files is being accessed by 4 office XP Pro PC's. Workgroup Environment, not domain. Is it possible for me to set permissions so that only certain users, (from the 4 office XP Pro PC's), have access to certain folders/files on the mapped network drive? If so, How can I accomplish this please? Thanks!

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Everyone,

I am working with a Dropbox account on my Domain, and ideally I would like to make my "local Dropbox folder" on a mapped network drive. When I attempt to do so I am met with the following error -

Is there any work around for this issue?

Kind Regards,

Davo

A:Trying to put Dropbox folder onto a mapped network drive

As far as I know, the local dropbox folder has to be inside your user account in windows not on a shared or network drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-put-dropbox-folder-onto-a-mapped-network-drive.1078402/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an XP machine that has a Drive P:\\xxx01\users\myname

I change the path to P:\\xxx01\users and am able to access everything just fine but the problem is when I reboot it reverts back to P:\\xxx01\users\myname

What do I need to do to get it to remember the correct path?

Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all,

I have 2 mapped network drives to my local server, they are letters H & K. H is in \\server\data\users\name and K is \\server\data.

Here is where my issue is, the K drive is very slow and times out most of my programs when working in there, H is very fast almost instantaneous. I mapped a network drive L to \\server\data and it is also very fast. So they only thing I can think of is my computer doesn't like the drive K for some reason.

Do you have any ideas? Also, forgot to mention this is only happening for me, the other computers on the network all are working perfectly.

Thanks

Mike

A:Slow Response From Mapped Network Drive

mroseto,
Welcome to SF. I have a similar issue with three connected external drive, both esata's are blazing fast but the usb attached has a delay as it responds to a request to spin up. Please provide the details on both of these drives and likely the answer is there in rpm speeds, green power settings and the like?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189416-slow-response-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello

I have a few computers here in my office that randomly disconnects from the mapped network drive which is on our server. Both computers are operating on Windows XP Professional and the server is running Windows 2003 Server (small business edition). All computers have plenty of RAM (at least 1 Gig each) and are most likely P4 chipsets (one is a brand new Dell Optiplex and the other is no name brand). I did check to see if I have enough licenses on my server, which we have 10 and we have a total of 7 computers accessing the server. If anyone can help me with this issue, please post ASAP so I can get this issue resolved.

Dan Fusco
FUSION CRDD/RMA-Engineering, Riverside.
951-786-0004

A:Mapped Network Drive suddenly disconnects...

Check the PC NIC cards Power Management Setting to make sure the computer is not powering the Lan Cards down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive-suddenly-disconnects.584174/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have the problem of a long list of redundant mapped network drives without drive letters, for example, documents, documents~1, documents~2, etc. all with same location...right clicking on the mapped does not present any "disconnect" option. Oh, they do not appear as mapped network drives under "My Computer," but under "Network" and the name of the computer (which is on a wireless network with another computer)...I can go to advanced sharing and stop sharing, but then all folders are unshared including the original...I guess this may be the only way of getting this corrected, but it seems like a long way to do something that should be very simple...If anyone knows a quick better way, I would appreciate knowing of it.

A:mapped network drives without drive letters

Unsharing those is going to be the only way to get that to go away, I'm afraid, and that's something you have to do folder-by-folder.

You aren't in a work-environment, are you? If so those folders may have been intentionally shared by your IT department/employer (just food for thought).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/165183-mapped-network-drives-without-drive-letters.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello

I have a few computers here in my office that randomly disconnects from the mapped network drive which is on our server. Both computers are operating on Windows XP Professional and the server is running Windows 2003 Server (small business edition). All computers have plenty of RAM (at least 1 Gig each) and are most likely P4 chipsets (one is a brand new Dell Optiplex and the other is no name brand). I did check to see if I have enough licenses on my server, which we have 10 and we have a total of 7 computers accessing the server. If anyone can help me with this issue, please post ASAP so I can get this issue resolved.

Dan Fusco
FUSION CRDD/RMA-Engineering, Riverside.
951-786-0004

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive-suddenly-disconnects.584173/
Relevancy 67.08%

So i have a pc in my house which i use a file server to and have folder in there that i need access to.

I can map a network drive if i'm connected to my network at home, but want to map a network drive in my office which is in a different location.

Also i can RDC to my file server, that is when i open port 3389. Tried it and it works.

Can anyone help me map the network drive outside my home network, do i need to open another port?

https://gyazo.com/f53b2f3389d723cab34acf42c2e8aa63

(let say my ip is 1.2.3.4)

Do i have to open a port then enter something like \\1.2.3.4:someportnumber\thefoldername
Preferably want to do this without using a VPN.

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/393045-access-mapped-drive-outside-home-lan-network.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have computers and printers connected to a linksys workgroup switch and a linksys router All of these computers use a mapped drive to access a program from a server specifically for sharing this program Another computer from a different state connects to the server remotely to run the program and it is blazing fast The other four computers lock up when trying to print and perform other over network program Slow drive usage mapped basic functions I have tried connecting to the server remotely from the local computers and it works perfectly Obviously it is the mapped drive that is bogging down the computer At most only of Slow program usage over mapped network drive the computers run the program The terminal server is a dual ghz xeon it s perfectly capable Would it be possible for three users to run the program at the same time from the server while connected via the RDP Could I create a link to start a remote desktop connection to the terminal server and load the program without the users having to make more than one click nbsp

A:Slow program usage over mapped network drive

Yes, this should be entirely possible, i run something similar to this set up with my game servers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-program-usage-over-mapped-network-drive.594257/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi All

I am on a Work Network at work, windows 7 PC on a windows domain

I have a mapped network drive called \\persr11. Now it is mapped to the drive letter F:. Now the problem is that when I try to access the drive from Windows Explorer(Computer), it says: "F:\ is not accessible. Device is not ready."

However, when I access it from the search bar like this: \\persr11, it goes into the drive, all fine.

How do I remap the network drive to the letter F to access it? Prefereble Command Prompt please. I tried the following command but it did not work, not for F: and not for any other letter:

net use f: /persistent:yes \persr11

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive-accessible-just-not-from-windows-explorer.1099229/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all I m not really a tech guy but I m tasked with figuring this stuff out for my office and I need a little help Our office has several computers which are networked to one computer in the back that stores all of the files scanned into the xerox machine Each employee has a folder with their name on it in that computer where all of the files they scan are stored I map everyone s X drive to their scan folder in that computer so the path looks like this quot xx xxx xxx xxx scan nameofemployee quot I mapped the X drive of for Solved: to drive mapped Need change destination network one of my employees who Solved: Need to change destination for mapped network drive s OS is Vista to Solved: Need to change destination for mapped network drive another employees folder by accident Now I cannot change the X drive destination to the correct folder I have right clicked on the drive and deleted it but when I go in to re-map it I get a message saying that quot the mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured the specified resource or device is no longer available quot I then tried to remap it to the original WRONG folder i had mapped it to and it worked just fine I need to somehow unmap this X drive so it is no longer associated with the original wrong pathway I tied it to so that I can remap it to the right one Any suggestions THANK YOU nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi All

I am on a Work Network at work, windows 7 PC on a windows domain

I have a mapped network drive called \\persr11. Now it is mapped to the drive letter F:. Now the problem is that when I try to access the drive from Windows Explorer(Computer), it says: "F:\ is not accessible. Device is not ready."

However, when I access it from the search bar like this: \\persr11, it goes into the drive, all fine.

How do I remap the network drive to the letter F to access it? Prefereble Command Prompt please. I tried the following command but it did not work, not for F: and not for any other letter:

net use f: /persistent:yes \persr11

A:Mapped Network Drive accessible, just not from Windows Explorer

If you go to command prompt, or make a batch file this will work. Make sure right after the \\SERVERNAME\Directory
net use f: \\persr11\DIRECTORY /user:LOGIN_NAME PASSWORD

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/290616-mapped-network-drive-accessible-just-not-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a computer on the LAN with a bunch of HDDs in it. My main computer has the computer mapped as a network drive. I put my video projects on mapped network drives. Can a virus find the network drive through my computer and delete all of the files or ransomware encrypt it?

Relevancy 66.22%

I'm currently trying to troubleshoot a problem with my mapped network shared drives, the connection is unstable, disconnects and only connects after waiting about 20 seconds with the window open. After looking around I ran the troubleshooter which said that the "Default gateway is not available". Any ideas on how I can solve this issue? I've provided the ipconfig, please let me know if there is any information I can provide.

Thanks.

1. Is this a wired or wireless connection issue?
Wired

2. Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
Unknown

3. What type of Broadband connection are you using?
T1

4. What is the exact Make and Model of your Modem, Router or Modem/Router Combo?
Unknown

5. What is the Name of the Anti-Virus, Security or Firewall Software installed from the problematic computer?
Malwarebytes Anti-malware

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385098-default-gateway-not-available-unstable-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am having the following issue:
I mapped a network drive to a Win Server 2003. However when I access it it takes ~20 sec before any new folder opens up. Any software initiallized on the remote drive also initializes for very long time to a point it is useless.

I believe it is related to credentials...

I use Workgroup and boths W2K3 Server and W7 Prof have accounts with the same name and password.

When I disconnect and restart then map - it works fine but after a restart (with mapp on initialization checked) it is very slow again.

A:Mapped Network drive freezes for few sec when any folder is accessed.

What A/V do you have running on the server?? That can slow it down. Unless your workstation scans Network Mapped Drives??

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139283-mapped-network-drive-freezes-few-sec-when-any-folder-accessed.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a computer on the LAN with a bunch of HDDs in it. My main computer has the computer mapped as a network drive. I put my video projects on mapped network drives. Can a virus find the network drive through my computer and delete all of the files or ransomware encrypt it?

A:Can a virus delete files on mapped network drive?

Well for what it is worth Pen they can do some extraordinary things with malware these days so as long as the security is up to scratch you should be ok - to a point because none are 100% foolproof.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/311445-can-virus-delete-files-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My desktop PC and HTPC have slow/not automatically connecting Drive Mapped Network both been running Windows -bit without a problem for atleast two weeks now Today I started having problems I have media drive that's stored on my desktop PC that is being shared over the network so I can view my movies and TV shows on my HTPC Today the files stopped opening If I double-click the videos it takes an unusually - seconds for the file to open in VLC but then VLC doesn't play it When I click quot Play quot nothing happens The odd thing is that all the movies and tv shows from the mapped network drive play fine when I'm accessing them from the computer that the drive is directly connected to I tried Mapped Network Drive slow/not automatically connecting copying some photos to the mapped network drive to see if those will be able to be opened on the HTPC but it takes a Mapped Network Drive slow/not automatically connecting very long time to open a photo and it freezes up when I'm moving back and forth between photos in the folder Something here is making my files very slow to access The HTPC is connected via an Ethernet cable to my router Mapped Network Drive slow/not automatically connecting Has been that way for ages never had any issues The mapped HD always connected on startup upon turning on the HTPC Now of the time it doesn't manage to automatically connect on startup

A:Mapped Network Drive slow/not automatically connecting

I would also like to add that I have no issues browsing videos, photos and documents from other mapped network drives such as those from my family members' laptops.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/mapped-network-drive-slow-not-automatically-connecting-1044561.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,

Here is what I am trying to do. I would like to save / backup the mapped drive settings for specific users, as well as mapped printers. I currently have a backup script that grabs the user(s) profile and other necessary files. This is done when logged into the local admin account. Ideally I'd like to just make it a part of this script, but If I have to be logged in as the user to grab these settings automatically it would suffice.

The second half is that I would like to restore them as well through a bat or script file, so everything is done without as much human error as possible.

I am not sure where to grab all these settings from, if anyone has help or suggestions out there it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
B

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/saving-mapped-network-drive-and-printer-settings.752378/
Relevancy 66.22%

The setup:
Laptop: Vista Business (32 Bit)File Server: Windows 2003 ServerMapped network drive to Z:/ using 'Connect using a different username'Selected subfolder Z:/Partners/ to be 'Always Available offline'The problem:
Disconnected from networkOffline folders work fineReconnect to networkCan't connect to any other subfolders on Z:/ (Shows as if I'm working offline)Problem reoccures after restart or disconnection/reconnection to networkThe question:How do you force Offline folders to connect to a network share? If I hit sync it tells me I'm not connected.Is there a way to connect to the network drive without viewing your cached files. (eg. typing z:/ goes to cached offline files and typing //computername also goes to cached offline files). Basically, is there a way to bypass cached files.Cheers,

Dan

A:Offline Folders - on reconnect to network, mapped drive isn't available

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem and found an old post Problem reconnecting offline files when mapped as a drive that complains about it, too. I can usually correct the problem by navigating to the equivalent UNC path in Explorer, upon which Vista will realize that it is actually connected. I am only doing this once a day, so it is bearable. Alternatively, I found that when I use the "Work offline" button before disconnecting and the "Work online" butten after reconnecting, things are quite smooth. However in order to get that button I have to open an Explorer window and go to the mapped drive location. I think MS should give the Sync Center tray icon a "Work Offline" option.

Cheers

Gregor

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/249838-offline-folders-reconnect-network-mapped-drive-isnt-available.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I mapped 5~6 network drive which make my Win7 boot time slow when come to welcome screen around taking 1~2 min to load the desktop. (Ctrl+Alt+Del cannot interrupt the loading progress..)

Is there any way to increase loading time but at the same time I also wanna to retain my mapped drive there without disconnect them even I'm offline or not using it?

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mapped-network-drive-slow-down-boot-time-627720.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have mapped one drive as a network drive. It runs fine but when I restart the computer I have to login again. I have selected the boxes to remember my credentials and to restart at start up. I have tried with one drive synced and not synced. This is a new computer and a new Microsoft account

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441967-cant-get-mapped-ondrive-network-drive-login-start-up.html
Relevancy 66.22%

i have a user running Windows xp pro, the problem is one of his network drives does not re-connect at logon, all the other drives re-connect but for some reason this one does not, the network drive is on a windows server and does not require different logon credentials than his windows logon.

A:Mapped Network drive not automatically re-connecting at logon.

I would check the security for that particular share. Try and map it directly from his computer with net use command. Is there possibly an issue with the same drive letter already being used?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive-not-automatically-re-connecting-at-logon.1001507/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi everyone,

I have a two computer network and computer 1 acts as the server so I have created sharing for a certain location. from computer 2 I mapped the network drve z:\ and I can get into the folder but if I try to save anything I get a permission error. Any thoughts how to fix this?

I am running Vista home Premium.

Thanks,
Tony

A:Mapped Drive on Windows Vista

Goto this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ver-the-network-from-windows-vista-inside-out and scroll down to advanced sharing, the folder you have as a network share needs the 'write' permission to add to a file/folder to the folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-drive-on-windows-vista.1097677/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am able to map a Vista 64 drive from my XP machine but I get a cryptic message: Access Denied when trying to display the Vista files. I am able to go the other way - open the XP folders/files in Vista. Google searchs provide much info but I'm just not able to access the Vista folders or files from my XP machine after trying many things.

Larry Rebich

A:Can't connect from XP to mapped Vista drive

Originally Posted by lrebich

I am able to map a Vista 64 drive from my XP machine but I get a cryptic message: Access Denied when trying to display the Vista files. I am able to go the other way - open the XP folders/files in Vista. Google searchs provide much info but I'm just not able to access the Vista folders or files from my XP machine after trying many things.

Larry Rebich

create a spare account on vista, and give it administrator priviledges and a password, and turn on password protected sharing, this will give it a platform for authorisation.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/206753-cant-connect-xp-mapped-vista-drive.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Client is laptop running on Vista Business. Server is Windows 2000. File is on Host running on XP SP2. I can map the drive on laptop to Host but when I try to run an application I get message:

You must run APPLICTATION_NAME from a mapped drive.

I am running application from mapped drive so why do I get this message?

Only weird thing I can mention is that I have to specify domain name and user name to connect to the mapped drive. But once I am connected I can open all files. But the application I need to run gives me the error message.

Help anyone?

A:message to connect through mapped drive while connected through mapped drive

Is the application on the host or just the data?

Does another machine connect correctly?

If the app. is on a host along w/ the data, have you tried installing the application on your machine and accessing the data over the lan.

Other thoughts:
sometimes applications require an exact data path. For example, f:\app
this info is stored on the host. When you map your local drive, you choose m:\app

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/message-to-connect-through-mapped-drive-while-connected-through-mapped-drive.754176/
Relevancy 65.79%

This is annoying. I logged onto my network at work with our home laptop--changed it to a domain logon. I then changed it back to logon to my home network as a workgroup and it keeps showing a mapped drive as "disconnected", yet the drive is connected. It also shows a little "arrow" on the network drive as oppossed to a red X and its definitely mapped (see jpeg below). I've disconnected and reconected it with no success. When the computer first boots up, it says it is no longer connected to my desktop computer. Also, when I log off, it attempts to synchronize with the network drive (I have "My Documents" on the laptop assigned to the desktop "My Documents".

How do I fix this?

A:Mapped Network Drive displays as "Disconnected Network Drive"

I'm having the dame problem, did you ever get a solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive-displays-as-disconnected-network-drive.427058/
Relevancy 65.79%

I've recently upgraded my computer and windows 7 to 64-bit and I just noticed that I can't search my documents on my network drive.  I've read the various posts about this on the net and the solution is either to live without it or turn on offline files.  I turned on offline files and told windows to rebuild the index and waited for it to complete and it's still not working.  I see in the indexing options control panel applet that "offline files" is in the "included locations" column.  Any ideas?

A:indexing mapped network drive w/ offline files not working

If you go to Control Panel>Indexing options, click on the Advanced button. There should be tabs for Index Settings, File Types and Add UNC Location. Add the path to the mapped network drive. Note: Some versions of Windows 7 don't seem to have this tab, for some reason.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548321/indexing-mapped-network-drive-w-offline-files-not-working/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am running a Windows XP workstation (SP2). I am mapped to network drives, some on my local domain, and others on another domain on which my domain account is connected. I am able to map to all drives and read, write, change, etc to all files in all of these drives. I can run a window explorer search on all the drives mapped on my local domain. When I run a search, even for any file, on the mapped drives on the other domain, windows explorer very quickly comes back stating:
"Search is complete. There are no results to display".

Has anyone encountered such an issue before? I have never seen this type of behavior. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-search-on-mapped-network-drive-on-windows-2003-server.729521/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi

I do hope you can help

I'm trying to map a Network drive to 2 computers. When i fnish configuring (Drive and Folder) i get a Username / Password box appear. I enter my username and password (which is the same for both machines) but windows doesn't connect, and prompts me for username and password again

I have an XP machine networked to a Win 2K machine via Linksys Router.
I can ping each machine succesfully
I can see each machine within Network Places/ Workgroup

If anyone can help...then thanks in advance

Ben

A:XP to 2000: Mapped Network drive but can't connect, password/login

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-to-2000-mapped-network-drive-but-cant-connect-password-login.619916/
Relevancy 65.36%

OK Drives will Mapped Network not mapped. stay Here is the problem Running a peer to peer XP network at my sister s church computers in the workgroup Not using Mapped Network Drives will not stay mapped. a domain only a workgroup New Dell computer Mapped Network Drives will not stay mapped. was purchased to be used as Bookkeeper Computer Church software files were moved from old bookkeeper computer to new one All other computers set up as workstations Software runs and is installed thur mapped network drive The problems is that everytime we restart any workstation computers they lose the mapped drive If you browse the network to access Bookkeeper computer you must give logon name and password to access that computer After you log on then you can map network drive and use software It never work that way before the new Dell computer and always stayed mapped without logon info I can easily access any other computer on the network with out logging on Church Software support says it is a network problem But what is baffling to me is that you must use church software logon info to access the Bookkeeper computer Is this a logon or user account setting problem on the new Dell Software support told me that Bookkeeper computer had to be logged on a network administrator I have it set to logon automatically go to welcome screen I changed it in user account setting to go to windows logon screen but did not seem to help not using a password Any suggestions Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drives-will-not-stay-mapped.523375/
Relevancy 65.36%

how do I take ownership of a mapped drive on windows vista that maps to an XP machine? UAC is off, firewalls are off, thanks in advance.

A:VISTA to XP mapped drive ownership, QUICK HELP! UAC is off!!

Are you an admin on that machine? You have to have admin rights or you will never be able to get on there at all...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-to-xp-mapped-drive-ownership-quick-help-uac-is-off-162634.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello Community,

I'm having an issue here, and reading through threads and forum posts - i'm getting nowhere.

I get no error messages when trying to open a file from a mapped drive.

I have a user onsite unable to open any Mircosoft Office 2013 files from any of his mapped network drives. If he takes the files, copies them locally to his laptop, then open perfectly fine. However, if i try to open a office file from their mapped drive, it just opens up a blank document.

--I've done the changing folder name of the Microsoft folder within %AppData%, still no luck.
--I've tried repairing Microsoft Office, still no luck.

I don't want to uninstall office, then re-install as i will have to drop the computer off our domain (Group Policy for some reason, blocks office.) *I'd prefer this to be the final option.

Surely there must be a fix around? Much thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/396044-microsoft-office-2013-unable-open-files-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 64.07%

a mapped drive shows as disconnected but still work in terms of getting into the shared network folder on our NAS.  but i want to remove it.  the commapnt prompt command wont do it.  you cant disconnected it because it doesnt see a networked
drive.  and i looked in the registry and there isnt a registry entry for the mapped drive. in the mountpoint2 or whatever. 

A:Windows 7 mapped network drive. shows as disconnected, cannot remove, not showing in registry

To troubleshoot, disconnect the connection first. Please refer to:
How To Disconnect Non-Mapped UNC Path “Drives” in Windows
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16196/how-to-disconnect-non-mapped-unc-path-drives-in-windows/Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cdb846a2-4db5-4240-99f4-f8a293bc1765/windows-7-mapped-network-drive-shows-as-disconnected-cannot-remove-not-showing-in-registry?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a domain controller that isn't within reach of any ethernet hubs, so it has to use a wireless connection. Is there any way to make it connect automatically to this network without having to login to the computer, and manually connect? Possibly a batch script?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-auto-connect-to-wireless-network-on-startup.918757/
Relevancy 59.77%

Does anyone know a fix for this common problem:

My PC's (running XP Pro SP3) mapped network drives say "Unknown Network Device" but they work just fine.

Is there a way to get windows to like them as the normal "Network Device".

I ran across these other posts with people with the same problem, but didn't see any sure-fire fix listed:

http://tinyurl.com/c4zmbr

http://tinyurl.com/d6dxq4

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-network-device-but-mapped-drive-does-work-362019.html
Relevancy 58.05%

i found this on the web wile looking how to get core temp to auto run - core temp is a program that need admin rights maybe sticky this i dont know FYI i used this to auto run admin program auto 7 Temp Vista/Windows run rights startup Core at Energy saver from gigabyte by starting st step I noticed a lot of people are trying to make Core Temp start-up on Windows Vista x with UAC enabled and finding it constantly asks for permission auto run admin rights Core Temp program at startup Vista/Windows 7 to run Here is how to get legally get around UAC This is all tested with on Vista x Vista x should work equally well This may seem like a long post but actually the instructions are very detailed - you should have no problem with Core Temp or any other app with the same issue eg Rocket Dock in the future So on with the show Run core temp and disable 'Start Core Temp with windows' enable 'start minimized' enable 'enable plugins' if using the vista sidebar gadget or anything that needs CT access all other options are at the discretion of the user Click OK Remove the program from the Startup folder or any RUN STARTUP registry key - Disabling 'start CT with Windows' should actually have removed the registry key entry anyway Move Core Temp exe to a directory that is NOT 'Programs x ' or anywhere else controlled by Windows I created a directory in my 'Users my login name' directory called 'startupapps' and put 'Core Temp exe' in there Note strictly speaking this is not required but some have reported they needed to do this so I simply wrote what I tested and checked as working Launch the Task Scheduler Control Panel - gt Administration Tools - gt Task Scheduler From the Actions panel on the right select Create Task Give the Task a description of 'CoreTemp' or anything else you feel like if you want to be cryptic Go to the Security Options on the General tab Select an user account with administrative privileges Select the radio button Run only when user is logged on Check the box Run with highest privileges Go to the Triggers tab and click New In Begin the task select At log on In the Settings options select All users In the Advanced Settings options check the box Enabled Click OK to close the dialog Go to the Actions tab and click New For Action select Start a program In the Settings options browse for the Program Script you want to execute on startup Click OK to close the dialog Go to the Settings tab Check the box Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed Uncheck the box Stop the task if it runs longer than Click OK to save and close the task properties Logout Login Wait - Core Temp will eventually load - usually instantly but may be up to seconds or so Core Temp will now start when you login without any request for permissions even when UAC is enabled

A:auto run admin rights Core Temp program at startup Vista/Windows 7

I use Windows 7 64 bit and Core Temp version 0.99.8.0 - 64 bit. It doesn't actually matter if you put Core Temp in the "Program Files" folder (or "Program Files (x86)"). I keep my Core Temp folder in the Program Files folder. If the setting above doesn't work, a couple of additional step you should follow are below (the number of the steps comply with the number of steps in the above post, so that step 12.5 below comes after step 12 above):

2.5. You can put the Core Temp folder in the Program Files folder if you wish (even thought it's controlled by Windows)
12.5. In the Advance Settings option, check the box "Delay task for:" and set it to "1 minute"
14.1. Stay at the Triggers tab and click New again...

14.2. In Begin the task, select At startup

14.3. In the Advance Settings option, check the box "Delay task for:" and set it to "1 minute"

14.4. In the Advanced Settings options, check the box Enabled

14.5. Click OK to close the dialog
20.5. Check the box "If the task fails, restart every:" and set it to "1 minute"
26. If the Core Temp icon(s) doesn't appear in 30 seconds after the start up wait more, like 2 minutes. If it still doesn't appear in the system tray, first make sure that it's not hidden in the system tray arrow. If it's in the system tray arrow, you can right click the arrow, select Properties, then select Customize notification icons and change the behavior of the Core Temp icon(s) to Show icon and notifications. (If you set the color of the Core Temp icon text to white, it doesn't appear in the system tray arrow window because of the white background, but it may still be there. Click the empty fields to check)

27. If the Core Temp icon(s) is not in the system tray or hidden, then run the Windows Task Manager. On the Processes tab, sort the processes by Image Name. Check if Core Temp.exe is in the list.

28.A. If Core Temp.exe is not in the processes list, then you probably did something wrong while scheduling the task. Go back to the Task Scheduler. Select the Task Scheduler Library from the left menu. Find the Core Temp task and verify that it's status is "Ready". If the status is "Disabled", right click the task and enable it. If the status is "Running" the task is actually running, so maybe you addressed the action in the task wrong. Check that and go over the other steps in the post above and here. End.

28.B. If Core Temp.exe is in the processes list, then you probably didn't enable 'start minimized' on Core Temp and it's window is either on the desktop or minimized to the task bar. Check that and go over other steps in the post above. End.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/90039-auto-run-admin-rights-core-temp-program-startup-vista-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
My pc was working perfectly for about a year now, but these days it started having problems.
In the past few weeks it started disconnecting from the internet with the message: you don't have a valid
ip configuration. (It was working on the other pc connected to the router with lan, and on the notebook connected through wifi)
A reboot of the pc/router did always solve my problem in these situations.
Yesterday, my internet connection started connecting/reconnecting, and I couldn't solve it in any way, not with
a restart, and not with that network repair tool (idk it's name, I have hungarian windows). When it stayed connected for more then 2 seconds I was even able to load google, youtube, other sites,
I tried some solutions, like disabling the energy saver settings, setting it to 10mb half duplex, etc, but nothing worked, my
internet kept connecting/reconnecting.
Today I started my pc and it works perfectly.. Any ideas on how to solve it? I have the newest lan driver.

My mobo is Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx.

A:Network keeps reconnecting

It appears that you manually configured the IP for at least one system.
DON'T do that - - make sure all systems use DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-keeps-reconnecting.216254/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi,
i noticed on my win2000 pro that network drives always got disconnect after a period of time as showed below. Do you know of a command that can re-establish the connection without re-mapping the drives again?
thanks

Status L ocal Remote Network

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
disconnected F: \\server1\apps Microsoft Windows Network
disconnected G: \\server2\home Microsoft Windows Network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-network-drives.118234/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello all. For quite some time, we have had the issue that when employees reboot their PCs and logon to the domain with their network username, their network drives mostly always show a X by them, which then the user thinks the drives are disconnected. Double clicking on the network drive will reconnect it and then are able to use it. My questions is, is there any GPO that would force connect the network drives back and show them online without the X that I can apply for our users? Any insight would be great. Thank you!

A:Reconnecting Network Drives via GPO

This can happen from time to time, its normal.

normally its because your machine looks for the server before a network connection is established.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/reconnecting-network-drives-via-gpo-276627/
Relevancy 57.19%

Recently one of our office computers went down resulting in me deleting the partition and reinstalling windows and now I can t figure out how to reconnect the computer to the network and file sharing in our office I m not a computer tech I m not even an Reconnecting an Office Network to intern in the computer field I am an HVAC technician with a good understanding of computers and programs that they run so my company has me do work in the office when they need anything If someone can post for me a basic guideline Reconnecting to an Office Network of how I could reconnect a Dell Precision Windows XP Home was previously connected so hardware is still in tact to the file-sharing network and be able to access other computers and vice-versa it would be greatly appreciated I ve tried a few things including non-specific internet guides but i don t want to risk putting another computer or the file-sharing out of order I d rather leave it for Pro s Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Reconnecting to an Office Network

Does your company have an IT department/person?

Your office setup might be running a domain and if so, you'll have to get your computer re-added to the domain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-to-an-office-network.855363/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Vista Ultimate x64 machine in our engineering department on our domain. It will automatically find any mapped network drive on any computer and automatically map it. This gets to be a rediculous pain in the neck when there are 20 mapped drives and there are no drive letters left for a flash drive. Has anyone heard of this? How do I stop it?

Ben

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/260395-vista-auto-drive-mapping.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,

I'm having a recurring issue with my wireless network and would appreciate any help you can provide.

I connect to the web via a Belkin F5d7630-4a ADSL Modem with built in wireless router. The router is always on and I have a desktop PC connected via a wired connection.

When I first boot the laptop, it will generally find the wireless connection within a minute or so (although not always). If the laptop powers down, hibernates or sleeps, it sometimes reconnects, but generally can't. Once it's lost the connection, I generally need to reboot the laptop, sometimes two or three times to get it to find it again, even with the laptop sitting right next to the router.

I'm using WPA authentication and have hidden my SSID.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to resolve this, as it's driving me crazy.

Thanks.

Mike.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello!
I am having a problem since 1 year ago, and i tried every solution to fix this. My problem is the network connection randomly disconnect and reconnect/ or reconnect, if I restart the modem or the Wifi Router. The network isn't disconnect, if the desktop PC is off.
I tried these solutions:
-buy a new network card
-buy a new Wifi router
-ask a new modem from the ISP
-buy new UTP cables instead of all UTP cables
-i format the winchester and reinstall the windows 2 times
I have not more idea, than fix this, but this is a very angrily problem. I fight this since 1 year and nothing can help.
I'm waiting for all idea or solutions, i can try whatever!
Thank you!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting-4607308/
Relevancy 56.33%

ok so my one computer comp A at work is set up like so hardwired to a offline computer running our work software comp B network xx there is also a wireless adapter for internet usage and to connect to the back office pc for file sharing purposes comp C network xx yesterday i came to work and now comp A won't reconnect to either of the other pcs i can't log in to my mapped to with drives reconnecting Problem network z drive from comp B or connect to my share folder on comp C Problem with reconnecting to network drives when i try to connect i get that there was an error and it can't reconnect i am no pc dummy and have degree in networking but i have never seen anything like this before seriously boggling my mind as far as i know no settings were changed and i've checked everything and they are as they should be i searched google all day today and found nothing helpful does anyone have any idea as to what is going on here the error message is not very helpful basically says there was an error reconnecting microsoft windows network the network location could not be reached neither comp B or C show up under the network tab what is kinda weird is that my wireless printer does show up and works fine on comp A

A:Problem with reconnecting to network drives

ok, so i have discovered that comp B can see comp A in the network list, but comp A can't see comp B. i can even access comp A through comp B, but not the other way around.

any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/120656-problem-reconnecting-network-drives.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am finally switching over my work computer from Windows XP to Windows 7.

I have multiple network connections I connect to when I boot up. I've set myself as a new user on the servers I have to connect to, Windows 7 asked me to put in my username and password for each share, all connects fine but when I shutdown and restart, I see all my Shares as red x'ed "disconnected" and as I click on each one, I have to put in my username and password again. Windows XP always remembered my connections and logged me onto each share at boot up. I've checked "remember my credentials" but it's not doing it,

Am I missing something? on any restart or shutdown, I have to click on each share and put in my login credentials.

A:Solved: Windows 7 not reconnecting to network shares

OK, I figured this out, using a Computer Name as recognized by the network rather than my username, it remembers and logs me in when I restart. Not really sure why this makes a difference, but as long as it works, one less thing to worry about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-not-reconnecting-to-network-shares.1084302/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All Devices range from laptops - gt Workstations - gt Server the operating systems having issues are Win machines and the equipment I'm connecting them to is a Server Server Western Digital NAS Server Server I've recently had be The while reconnecting network location - rea occurred error cannot an issue with this error on multiple PC's at my shop and the end result is I cannot connect to any networked device but I do have internet and I can see the devices in my workgroup under the quot Network quot drop error occurred while reconnecting - The network location cannot be rea down in File Explorer So far the only changes I can see that happened during this problem starting up is Windows updates over the last few weeks I already ran the batch file from the sticky provided by quot shadowjk quot just in case however I also ran all those commands manually prior to looking here and the results were the same before and after So far I have tried Uninstalling reinstalling all NIC drivers deleting all managed networks Removing all antivirus firewalls safe mode w networking system restore to a point prior to updates Changing workgroup to attempt to connect to personal server server standard Here is some info that might help note I changed the MAC addresses to quot X quot for the post only the real readout shows the correct information Code c windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ryan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday June AM Lease Expires Tuesday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CA - DB- F-A E-CF E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d f feaf Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe d f feaf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap CDBC - - E-B D -FF C B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes c windows system gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Bluetooth Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- RYAN-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No n... Read more

A:error occurred while reconnecting - The network location cannot be rea

This problem still persists, however I have added the following to my troubleshooting:
Configured my user profile on a new computer, it works flawlessly
configured a known working user configuration other than my own on my computer, it does NOT work at all, same problem as mine.
Unhid *Administrator* and performed driver removal and re-install from that user account just in case, no change

Any networking gurus out there, please feel free to ask questions. I'd be happy to produce more information to help solve this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292423-error-occurred-while-reconnecting-network-location-cannot-rea.html
Relevancy 55.9%

In the past I had used an iOmega and a Seagate Black Armor NAS shares network delay reconnecting huge to both run Linux both ran perfectly fine until they eventually died I next switched to an Apple TimeCapsule for both network storage and as a router wap The TC turned out not to be the best idea as the hdd in them is huge delay reconnecting to network shares narcoleptic that is to say the drive goes to sleep very quickly and it is annoying to wait seconds for the drive to spin up if you let it idle for only a very few minutes However as you ll soon read I jumped from the fat to the fire So I had a Dell T running full-time anyway I bought two WD Red NAS TB HDDs and installed them and set them up in Windows RAID Almost right away I noticed this weird issue and that is after the initial connection to the Dell if the client was allowed to idle for very long several minutes and especially if it s a laptop and it goes to sleep reconnecting to the Dell can take many minutes So I started over and used Intel Hardware RAID - same result So in summary initial connections to my Dell T happen almost instantly reconnecting or maybe more precisely just accessing the T after an extended period on inactivity can result in many minutes of delay It matters not whether it s a wired or wireless connection it matters not whether it is a laptop or desktop this happens whether the client is my MacBook Pro my Asus desktop running W Home Premium my hp dv running Fedora my wife s Dell running W my really old Inspiron running XP The ONLY difference that I see is that occasionally the T will absolutely refuse to allow the Inspiron to reconnect until I reboot the T aside from that the problem manifests exactly the same despite the platform hardware OS I ve been researching this off and on for weeks but cannot find anything on it that is exactly like my situation I d sure like to solve this I ve used a similar setup in the past with a RAID card in an old hp running Fedora and had no trouble If I cannot fix this I guess I ll just have to bite the bullet and by a NAS enclosure and install the WD HDDs in it and see if it runs ok nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/huge-delay-reconnecting-to-network-shares.1119971/