Windows Support Forum

Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card not connecting to router

Q: Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card not connecting to router

Hello, I have a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card on my Dell Insprion 1501 and my wireless isnt connecting to the router. The router is working fine, because I can use it with a wire, but when I try connecting to it with my wireless, it says Signal:Excellent Status:Authenticating Address:0.0.0.0
I don't know how to fix this, please help.

EDIT**** I forgot to mention that it was working fine until a few days ago.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card not connecting to router

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 145.7%

Hello i have dell precision M and my wireless is not connecting to the router Router is working fine becouse i can connect it with wire but i can t connect it to wireless It was working fine since yesterday when i have connected to other place following are the wireless connection status Status Acquiring Network Adress signal strength excellent IP Address following is ipconfig inforamtion Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings WLAN not Dell 1390 connecting Mini-card the Wireless router CHANDRU gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name chandru- ee Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-card not connecting the router Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - A- B- - - Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - -B - -B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday October PM Lease Expires Wednesday October PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - E-B - B-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server nbsp

A:Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-card not connecting the router

zeros are caused by one

DHCP Service - but looking at your ipconfig this is OK as you have an ip for the cable connection
Bad drivers or Defective hardware.

Turn off ALL of the PCs and other devices on the network
Turn off the router modem

then turn on modem then router then all the computers and other network devices.

have a look on the dell site use you TAG number on the PC and download latest drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card-not-connecting-the-router.868171/
Relevancy 116.56%

Hi, new to the site today. Bit frustrated, my sister got a new laptop, the one Im using to post this, and connected straight away to my home wireless, and can also view surrounding connections, (neighbours) etc.

I cant. Its a problem with my mini-card it says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device." However, I clicked to get updated drivers and it said I already had the advanced one?

I called technical support for Dell and because my warranty has expired they want 29 to pay for this solution.

If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 1520. Windows Vista, trying to connect to home wireless and nothing out of the ordinary has happened for this to happen.
Thanks.

Relevancy 115.32%

Hey Everybody,

I just got my new Dell Inspiron 1721 with Windows Vista and a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card.

The Problem: I can not connect with the Internet via WLA.

I have no problems connecting with the cable. I have tried to connect via WLAN at various locations where I know the notebooks of my fiends and colleges have absolutely no problem.

The Software "Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility" finds all the networks in the "air" but Windows does not and I can not connect to any of them.

I would be VERY VERY happy if anybody knows a solution to this problems!

Thanks in advance!

lorrius

Relevancy 113.77%

Hello everyone I have a very pressing problem I had Vista running on my Inspiron Laptop I recently upgraded to Windows ever since then I have had terrible trouble with my Wireless Card The driver for the card often comes up as not being able to start I often get Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card can not start Code I have read that this was a problem when reinstalling a OS or installing a new one with this card I believe I may need a driver with Inspiron Problem Mini-Card 1520 WLAN Dell Dell Wireless 1390 for the chip set or something similar I also understand that I may have to swap back to Vista though I really do hope I don't I do believe that a recent update from Dell has made this problem chronic as I did not have this problem when I immediately got the laptop back I really am hoping that I can get some help here as Dell is Dell 1520 Inspiron Problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card not bothered to help as Dell 1520 Inspiron Problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card I am out of warranty and they don't seem to care about this older model laptop Thanks again for all your help Conor Ireland

A:Dell 1520 Inspiron Problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card

Welcome to SF, Conor. Dia dhuit.

Dell does not have a Windows 7 driver for your card. You can try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/117583-dell-1520-inspiron-problem-dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card.html
Relevancy 113.15%

My dad just bought a new wireless router and out of our computers mine is having a problem My computer is a Dell Vostro with a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card I am able to connect to the connection but not stay online I am not sure in what intervals I am being disconnected but it is super frustrating haha It seems my 1390 Issues Wireless Mini-Card- Wireless Connection WLAN Dell connection status is stuck on Authenticating I hope someone can help me I am quite unfamiliar with troubleshooting networking outside of Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues the simplest tasks Thank you in advance for any help Also I read an old post about someone else with a very similar problem and someone had said quot Start Run CMD OK to open a command prompt Type the following command IPCONFIG ALLRight click in the command window and choose Select All then hit Enter Paste the results in a message here quot So trying to maybe help find a solution sooner here are my results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt ipconfig Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sherry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd nj comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd nj comcast net Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - D- -B - C- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -A - -B C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt nbsp

A:Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues

Hi:Is this ipconfig /all at failure time ?
Try two things.
Go to the router makers site and download any more current firmware for your model.
Change the wireless channel being used.1/6/11 are US preferred.
Also:
1. Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.from your pc maker’s web site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card-wireless-connection-issues.895391/
Relevancy 112.84%

This morning I went to go on to the internet and it says it can't connect to a network. I've never had this problem before so I clicked on the network and it said it couldn't detect any.

When i clicked on "diagnose the problem" it says "there are driver or hardware problems with the network adapter "dell wireless 1390 WLAN mini-card" on this computer.

I have a Dell Inspiron 640m

I can find the cord to hook it up to the internet with a wire (I can buy one if absolutely needed) and I do have the original software CD.

I not good with computers so if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

A:Laptop won't connect to internet...dell wireless 1390 wlan mini-card.

Hi:Take a look at device manager,particularly the WLAN card.Any error indicators?
Let’s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?

It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Also.Go to the Dell site.Search the drivers available for your particular model by inputting the service tag # for your unit.Should be on a side or bottom tag along with model and serial #.This will make it a lot easier to determine the proper driver(s) to download/install

Also,let's see this:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card.971210/
Relevancy 111.91%

Hello I am having a problem which is bugging the bejeezus wireless specific Mini-Card Dell signal unable to WLAN 1390 recognize out of me and excuse me if this has already been discussed elsewhere tried to search but didn t find anything relevant I have a Dell Latitude D with a Dell Wireless Minicard The Dell also has its own utility that manages the wireless connection in place of Windows XP I currently live in Italy the computer was purchased in the USA and am trying to connect to a specific wireless router provided by Fastweb Dell 1390 WLAN Mini-Card unable to recognize specific wireless signal Fastweb is an Italian ISP that provides its own proprietary router a Telsey to use Even Dell 1390 WLAN Mini-Card unable to recognize specific wireless signal though I am able to connect to it by wired ethernet and any other computer wi-fi enabled device is also able to connect to it wirelessly my computer just does not pick up the wireless signal from the router The strange thing is that when I open the Dell utility and go to the quot Site Monitor quot tab the very same router s wireless signal is picked up without fail as a speed at full signal strength But when I click on the first tab the quot Wireless Networks quot tab and click on quot add a network quot then it shows a list of available networks-- and the Fastweb router is often not on there Sometimes it does show up and when I click on it and try to connect sometimes the signal disappears sometimes it has limited or no connectivity but never anything consistently close to a stable connection When I tried to let Windows manage my wireless connection the same problem presented itself Only for a couple of hours one night was I able to connect for a reasonable amount of time which was incidentially the first night that I tried to test it out by having Windows manage the connection Ever since that first night the problem re-appeared Now I have not done any diagnostics yet or tried to figure this matter out in depth simply because I don t have the know-how to advance any further So if anybody can figure out this problem and be of help I would be very grateful Also my computer has no problem picking up other wireless signals connecting to other wireless routers Thanks nbsp

A:Dell 1390 WLAN Mini-Card unable to recognize specific wireless signal

With the problem being intermittent I doubt that this is the problem, but will plunge ahead anyhow.

I think in Italy the wireless channels are 1-13. If your wireless adapter has a North American driver it should be detecting/using only channels 1-11. If the router in question is using a channel greater than 11 I suggest that you uninstall the wireless adapter and its utility and start over. Make sure you specify the correct region (I think "Europe").

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-1390-wlan-mini-card-unable-to-recognize-specific-wireless-signal.646512/
Relevancy 96.1%

I have been having some problems with my network profiles. When i created a preferred network profile, I incorrectly typed in a WEP network key. Unfortunately. i saved it. Now, when
i try to adjust it, it reverts back to the incorrect code. This happens if i create a new profile with the same SSID. Any advice that does not require buying a usb adapter?

Relevancy 89.59%

I don't know if I'm doing this correctly but I've got a major issue with the wlan card its for my labtop it works fine but no matter how I try to get the actual application to open it doesn't. I've double clicked it, I've used the right click, and I've gone through the control panel. If anybody can help please I'm at my wits end thanks.

A:Major problem with 1390 wlan mini-card

can you post make and model of PC - seems to be a dell wireless card ?
how I try to get the actual application to open it doesn't. I've double clicked it, I've used the right click, and I've gone through the control panel.Click to expand...

what application - is this the wireless adapter manager ? are you using the windows version (windows zero configuration WZC) to manage the adapter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/major-problem-with-1390-wlan-mini-card.788802/
Relevancy 82.46%

And as a result my wireless will not work.

I just don't get it. The Vista drivers won't work, the optional Windows Update that would install the proper driver won't work, nothing works. What am I to do?

A:Dell Wireless WLAN 1390 minicard drivers won't install

Quote: Originally Posted by Oranges12

And as a result my wireless will not work.

I just don't get it. The Vista drivers won't work, the optional Windows Update that would install the proper driver won't work, nothing works. What am I to do?

Have you tried the manufacturer site? They usually have drivers. Did it come with a CD? That one should have the drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/49665-dell-wireless-wlan-1390-minicard-drivers-wont-install.html
Relevancy 82.15%

Hi. I have an Studio 1749 and I'm looking to upgrade to a better WLAN card, which is compatible with my laptop.
Please can you advise on the best one to get?
Kind regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991398
Relevancy 82.15%

Hello:
Has anyone found win 7 64 or Vista 64 drivers for this card later version than 4.100.15.61?

Ref: e1505.i6400 laptops have this card

thanks

A:Dell Wireless 1500 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card

Hi vlsi99xx, I have an I9400 with this card ,I use this driver Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States] it's for vista 64bit install in compatibility mode with admin rights

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/239220-dell-wireless-1500-draft-802-11n-wlan-mini-card.html
Relevancy 81.84%

My Insprion E laptop worked flawlessly right out of the box - the Dell Broadcom mini card connected immediately after entering password and has not had a single problem until tonight - it s almost as dead as a doornail I have a WEstel Versalink router from Bell South and Ewido security sutie - Dell Card 1390 HELP! Mini E1505 and NOD antivirus - all else on my computer is completely normal I have sonic wall and use it to remote into my work computer but haven t had any problems No viruses detected on Ewido or NOD I downloaded most current driver from dell site and installed to no avail Upon startup tonight it didn t even quot see quot my wireless network initially I click View Avail networks Dell E1505 - 1390 Mini Card HELP! and after two refresh tries it did finally see it I rebooted several times with the same result always When I did finally get lucky and it did see my Westel router and connect the speed on the very first initial connection the very first time i open an internet explorer box is perfectly normal That is the only way i m able to post this Whenever you open another box in addition the very first IExplorere box opened or whenever you shut the inital box and open a new one the speed slowly fades and dies at about mbps This is nauseatingly familiar with all the troubles we had with the Intel card a year ago - we completely gave up on it and NEVEr got it to work once for man the - clicks before the connection just died Anyone have any thoughts at all I posted a Hijack this log for any possible clues Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c program files verizon wireless venturi Client ventc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C WINDOWS system cmd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C DOCUME HOLLI amp LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http gold weather com weather wxgold mypage from hat gold amp ref R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http hometab bellsouth net O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp T... Read more

A:Dell E1505 - 1390 Mini Card HELP!

Do you know that the router works fine with another wireless PC?
If you don't know and can't find another PC to test it, and keep it on all the time, unplug it for an hour or so.
If your signal is encrypted, try w/o encryption to see if that makes any difference.
Make sure you know your important settings, reset the router to factory default settings, reconfigure as needed.

Try your laptop with a friend's router or a free public hotspot.

You are using either the adapter's utility or Windows' WZC to manage the connection. Make sure the other one is not running, as they conflict and result in various problems. Try using the other one instead.

Download NetStumbler and see if you can glean anything from it--does it say your signal is strong and remains constant; any noise; any other networks; etc.?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-e1505-1390-mini-card-help.472019/
Relevancy 81.53%

I have a 2wire HomePortal 1000SW and my Dell Inspiron 6400 has a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN MiniCard. They were connecting until about a month or so ago. I even did a system restore and it didn't fix the problem. I'm using the dell wireless wlan card utilty to manage my wireless network on my inspiron. The site monitor tab shows the 2wire network but I still can't connect.

Relevancy 110.51%

I currently use drivers from 2008:

Driver Version 4.176.75.21 - 10/1/2008

for my Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card.

Whenever I run Microsoft Update it tells me to upgrade to the latest drivers, however, with the newest drivers I experience a SIGNIFICANT drop in throughput- something like from 108 mbps with my current setup to 1-15 mbps with the "updated" drivers.

I'd like to have the most up to date driver, but do not want to limit my Wifi bandwidth either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated-- all my system info *should* be in my profile.

PS I'm a brand new user, so I apologize if this is not a well written post!

A:Updated Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card Worse Connect

If the new driver causes problems and the old one works fine, best to just stick with the old driver. Typically you only need to update your drivers if you are experiencing problems or the new driver adds some functionality. Otherwise it is better to just leave well enough alone. If is listed as an important update, right-click the update and hide it.

If you are set on updating, you can try downloading the driver from the Dell website (link below) and uninstalling the old driver prior to installing the new driver. You can also look at the fixes and enhancements listed on the Dell site to determine if you really need it.

Driver Details | Dell United States

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/269349-updated-dell-wireless-1505-draft-802-11n-wlan-mini-card-worse-connect.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi.

After I wake my Windows 7 based computer from sleep or from hibernation, the network icon in the notification area do not show the "not connected" status. The Dell 1390 WLAN does not show in the device manager.
-Dell Inspiron 1521
-Dell 1390 WLAN
-Win 7

New driver- doesn't help
Windows re-installation- doesn't help

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

A:Dell 1390 WLAN

Anyone?
I've tried everything I can think of. -__-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-1390-wlan.1015186/
Relevancy 97.61%

I have a Dell 1390 Wlan in an Inspiron 1501 running Windows XP. A few weeks ago we upgraded our Internet DSL from 500 kbps to 3mbps. I'm achiving 3m with a hard connection, but still only 500k via WiFi. To see if it was the wlan card, I installed the software and used my husband's Netgear USB wireless adapter on my Inspiron. With it I get a 3m connection. Shouldn't the Dell 1390 be able to handle a 3m connection? Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

A:Slow WiFi connection w/Dell 1390 WLAN

There should be no reason that your machine can't sustain a 3mbit connection.

Top suspect would be the wireless drivers, update them from the Dell support pages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wifi-connection-w-dell-1390-wlan.902008/
Relevancy 97.61%

I have an Inspiron operating windows vista and have periodic problems connecting wirelessly When the laptop was under guarantee the remote tech guy tried to install new drivers which didn t work and I ve also tried all that I can find In the end I had to undo the bottom panel and extract 1390 problems WLAN card the WLAN card and then reseat it - which worked Whenever I had the same problem this always worked but now it is less so and the laptop is out of guarantee Sometimes the wireless light comes on without problem but mostly not If I look in network adapters it s there when it connects and not when it doesn 1390 WLAN card problems t If I run a problem report it says to connect using a cable - which works with ethernet I tried running a wireless test and this reported the memory had failed I don t know if I can download something which will rectify the problem or if I need a new WLAN card Sorry I m not computer literate but if anyone can help I ll try to provide any further info nbsp

Relevancy 93.74%

i have spotty reception for my dell inspiron n4030 in parts of the house i have strong reception and in others i have weak or none at all. I have tried virus scans,changing the channel and running the troubleshooter. i am including screenshots of my comps info to help

A:weak reception with a DW1501 wireless-n wlan half-mini card

Hi ssor777 and Welcome to SF,

Is this a work laptop? It is configured in a domain network, it has a DNS suffix of .local.

Another thing...you are using Open DNS's, you may set it back to 'Obtain DNS Server Automatically' from your Wireless setting.

Install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.
Click on the 'Show Networks' to display all wireless networks on the xirrus icon on your desktop if you have one running in a corner. Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached on your next Post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188214-weak-reception-dw1501-wireless-n-wlan-half-mini-card.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello!

I've got Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1520.

Every now and then I get this strange message after turning my laptop on:

HTML Code:
Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.102.15.61
Application Timestamp: 45f8a9d0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 000761b7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1060
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=...
The odd thing is that my internet is still working well.
What do you think is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

A:Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

follow the instructions on this Dell support page:

bcmwltry.exe error, pls help - DELL COMMUNITY

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214091-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 88.15%

My google searches are being redirect to various sites and i receive a error message saying "dell wireless wlan card has stopped working" but im still using my wireless internet just fine. They both started acting up after an ill advised download from a bit torrent site. I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and it found some infections but did not do anything for me, then i scanned with avg anti-virus and it found nothing. (malwarebytes and avg anti-virus are the only anti virus software i have and are both fully updated)

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista Basic
AMD Athlon 64 x2

Whenever im redirected i get 1 of 2 images in the address bar (see attachment)

A:Google redirects + Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped working and was closed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283792/google-redirects-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 87.72%

Can anyone give me some advice please?
I frequently get an error message saying, "Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly."

There doesn't seem to be any changes so I'm at a loss as to why this is appearing. I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop, run Vista HP, Avast AV, and Firefox is my browser. I also use Incredimail as my mail server.

Any ideas as to what I can do?

A:Dell Wireless WLAN Card problem

Reload the wireless drivers, even though they're the latest ones. This sounds like a driver corruption issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-wlan-card-problem.815723/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello all
I just bought a leguang N-120 usb wifi wlan card out door antenna for my windows 7 dell laptop. It works great getting 4 bars from 2000 feet away.I need to know where I can find a wireless router for it so I can use it on other computers in house. I tried using mhotspot but cannot get it to work.

A:leguang n-120 wifi usb wlan card need wireless router

From website, it seems pretty straight forward to set up.

Maybe you need to disable the on-board wireless, in case you haven't done that yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371865-leguang-n-120-wifi-usb-wlan-card-need-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi there I have a broadband connection with Virgin Media and I brought a Netgear Wireless G - Router WGR v which is connected up and works fine - or at least my vista desktop and iphone connects to it ok I have since brought a Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook and I just can not connect wireless internet to the netbook The netbook instead keeps connecting me to a BTOpenzone BTFONE connection which one of the neighbours must have as its not mine although even the BTOpenzone comes up low signal and even that doesn t give me an internet connection Also I tried login into my router login page so I can add a device using the won't Solved: Netgear Dell Netbook conect router Mini 10 to Wireless MAC address like I had to do for my iPhone but I keep getting an error message MAC address invalid although i dont know if Solved: Dell Netbook Mini 10 won't conect to Wireless Netgear router this is even required I have gone into the dell wireless wlan card utility thing and tried to remove the btopenzone signal but it keeps reattaching itself i have also tried adding my netgear That comes up with connection status - authenticating and at the bottom client ipv address not availiable dont know it that should read that I am going out of my mind now been trying stuff for days Solved: Dell Netbook Mini 10 won't conect to Wireless Netgear router - i dont know what else to do Please help many many thanks Pretty please any advise is much appreciated Thankyou for any help Solved: Dell Netbook Mini 10 won't conect to Wireless Netgear router in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Dell Netbook Mini 10 won't conect to Wireless Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-netbook-mini-10-wont-conect-to-wireless-netgear-router.942042/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi I am having a problem with my dell wireless lan minicard which is intergrated into my dell inspiron Mini low. reception card Dell wireless laptop I have been searching the internet and i have found some information on increasing the power output of the card I am wanting to increase the power output of the card not the router for various issues I found some information regarding hacking into the HAL some part of the firmware in network cards that can contain the power output information If someone can provide me with a guide on doing that it will be appreciated Also Dell wireless Mini card reception low. if anyone knows any third party software or firmware that can increase the power output of my dell wireless mini card it will be appreciated Please don t reply with information regarding the router as i have been searching the internet all day to increase the power output of my wireless card and found most of the information regarding the router which i dont want Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%

I have a new Inspiron 9400 (Windows XP Home) with a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN and am having trouble getting it to connect to my wireless network broadcast from a Netgear WGR614 wireless router. The "funny" thing is that I can get the card to connect to a much weaker Linksys network which I assume that my neighbor's wireless router is broadcasting.

The Dell card sees the Netgear network but won't connect. Network strength is good. Another laptop that I have with a Netgear 511 wireless card connects to the Netgear network with no problem. I don't have wireless security enabled, and it does not appear that my firewall is blocking the connection. I have tried to connect using both the utility that comes with the wireless care and WinXP's standard wireless network connection wizard. Neither works. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 83.85%

Hello!

After reading some similar solutions I feel that this forum is one of the few with members that actually know what they're talking about, so I'm really hopeful that you can help me!!

Recently my dell inspiron 1501 had an onslaught of viruses. A friend was able to retrieve my data and reinstalled windows. However, upon return of the computer a few things aren't working quite right. My main concern is my wireless internet. The 1395 mini card is not detected in device manager and although I installed the driver even the dell wireless utitlity won't work either. There are a few things listed in Other devices with yellow question marks/exclamation points: Base system device, network controller, SM bus controller, and video controller. All of these under properties say the drivers are not installed, but when I try to install drivers from device manager it can't find any. Please help!!!!

Thank you

Relevancy 83.85%

Hi guys I m going bananas Here s the scoop I have a desktop amp Dell laptop running thru a Netgear router modem The problem is with the laptop I ve set up the router wireless with wpa-psk security with the ethernet cable amp everything works fine when I disconnect the cable When I shut down for a night laptop amp router both mini-card 1505 adapter Dell wireless off then turn everything on the next day Dell wireless 1505 adapter mini-card it connects wirelessly amp all is fine Here s the problem If I leave everything on amp let the laptop go into standby amp then hit the switch to bring it out of standby sometimes it connects OK amp other time NO When it disconnects amp I attempt to re-connect the process with the card utility it assumes it is set for WEP WHICH IT IS NOT amp is asking for the appropriate password of either exactly or letters Incidently the passphrase has letters in it but it s set for wpa-psk not wep I ve rechecked the router settings amp thats what they are so it must be with the adapter I figure it s got to be a setting somewhere on the adapter but I haven t a clue Does anyone have any suggestions Any help will be appreciated Ben nbsp

A:Dell wireless 1505 adapter mini-card

The problem is that network connections don't always work after Standby/Sleep/Hibernate. Make sure you have the latest correct driver for the adapter. There's not much else you can do except try another adapter.

When I have that issue my workaround is to switch the wireless off (if integrated) or disconnect before Standby or Hibernation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-1505-adapter-mini-card.863327/
Relevancy 82.99%

I bought a laptop some a few months ago and we decided to get sky broadband. I have had no problems with the internet on the laptop.

We used to have BT broadand on our pc (dell 2400). We have since cancelled this hopng for the sky broadband to work through the pc.
For some reason the broadband will not load.

Can anbody help?

Many Thanks

A:Sky Wireless router not connecting to dell 2400

What does "the broadband will not load" mean?

How about the brand and exact model of the modem and router? For both PCs please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sky-wireless-router-not-connecting-to-dell-2400.704856/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello Problem Solver Problem Wireless not connecting Dell Inspiron N to router Situation Dell Inspiron N quit connecting last night about PM while I was online Both iphone and our other Dell operate wirelessly fine N works fine hooked to router with ethernet cable I have turned on the off Norton fire wall and tried to connect wirelessly - no success loaded lastest Dell drives for networking run Dell diagnostics - see below Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance MD My laptop Dell connecting not Inspiron router N5110 Wireless to configuration Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Wireless not connecting Dell Inspiron N5110 to router Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc W Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled Dell PC Diagnostics results follow Tested and Needs Attention Network Card Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Signal Strength Test - Completed The network might not have been configured properly Wireless ConnectivityTest - Canceled The wireless adapter is not connected to any of the networks inrange The following networks were detected D O P HXQCableWiFixfinitywifi Launch Network Connections Control Panel Wireless Signal StrengthTest - No Connection The wireless adapter is not connected to any of the networks inrange The following networks were detected D O P HXQCableWiFixfinitywifi Launch Network Connections Control Panel Network Link Test - No Connection The wireless adapter is not connected to any of the networks inrange The following networks were detected D O P HXQCableWiFixfinitywifi Launch Network ConnectionsControl Panel Network Communication Test - No Connection The wireless adapter is not connected to any of the networks inrange The following networks were detected D O P HXQCableWiFixfinitywifi Launch Network ConnectionsControl Panel Internet Communication Test No Connection The wireless adapter is not connected to any of the networks inrange The following networks were detected D O P HXQCableWiFixfinitywifi Launch Network Connections Control Panel Data Transfer Verification Test No Connection Launch Network Connections Control Panel Tested Successfully Network Card Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N TCP IP Internal Loopback Test - Passed PCI Express StatusTest - Passed Network Card Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Network Cable Test - Passed Network Link Test - Passed TCP IP Internal LoopbackTest - Passed Local Network CommunicationTest - Passed Internet Communication Test- Passed Data Transfer VerificationTest - Passed PCI Express Status Test - Passed nbsp

A:Wireless not connecting Dell Inspiron N5110 to router

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-not-connecting-dell-inspiron-n5110-to-router.1093107/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have 2 Dell notebooks running XP that connect to a Linksys WRT54GP2 wireless router with no problems. The security is set to WPA PSK with the WPA algorithm to TKIP.

I also have a new DELL notebook running on Vista that won't connect wirelessly to the router - it can see it, but when I try to connect, it comes up with an error message '802.11 authentication failed due to status code 13. Resonding station does not fit the specified authentication algorithm'

I tried connecting the DELL Vista notebook to the router via a cable - it works fine.

I also tried disabling security so there was none, and it also worked fine. So the problem seems to be with the security algorithm.

I have searched on the net and a lot of people seem to be having problems with the DELL-VISTA-Linksys combination, but i haven't found any answers.

Can you help??

A:DELL with VISTA OS Problem Connecting to LINKSYS Wireless Router

First off, make sure that 802.1x authentication is disabled on the wireless adapter. If so, try the following changes.
Changes that may help to increase the compatibility of Vista with older networking devices:

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Disable IPv6:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Right click on each network connection and select "Properties"
3. Remove the checkmark from the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4. Click OK to exit the dialog

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233

Hold the Windows key and type R, enter regedit and press Enter.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey to be updated.
If the key DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag does not exist, use the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then press ENTER. If the key exists, skip this step.
Right-click DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor.
NOTE: You should do this for each and every GUID subkey.
NOTE2: (GUID) is a mnemonic for the individual subkeys, the actual text "GUID" does not appaer.

The only program I'm aware of that currently relies on IPv6 is the new Windows Meeting Space. The first 2 changes will cause that program not to work - but will leave all of your normal (IPv4) connections unaffected. If it causes problems that you can't overcome, simply revert back to the original settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-with-vista-os-problem-connecting-to-linksys-wireless-router.817461/
Relevancy 78.69%

Will a N router connect with a windows vista B/G WLAN? If so, then will the speed be faster or the same as a b/g connection will be and what would be the best router to get?

A:Connecting WLAN b/g with an n router

the speed will be at whatever the lowest connection is - so if you use a B that 11, G 54 etc
But you need to set the router up to support mix types (they have a drop down for this in most) otherwise it will only work with N if set for N

I cant suggest a particular make, I'll wait for one of the netwrok gurus to answer and reply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wlan-b-g-with-an-n-router.867286/
Relevancy 77.83%

guys this one has me stumped cold. Dell Inspiron laptop, very clean software wise, had original mini-card [internal] which could not detect any wifi networks - known good wifi AP's. All the windows checked showed the device working properly but I finally replaced it with one of the better "n" cards out there. Same thing all over again. Put it right next to a working AP, cannot detect a thing. Antennae is hooked up properly.

If I plug a good WIFI stick into USB, it works immediately, no drama.

I have no idea what is preventing this from detecting anything. What should I be looking for?

A:WLAN Mini-card Good, but cannot detect WIFI ??

Hi zapp22,

It appears that the 'Wireless Card' is currently 'Disabled'; please check its status in 'BIOS' and 'enable' it if needed. To access 'BIOS' you may follow the steps listed below:
- Power off the laptop > Power it back on and at 'Dell splash screen', repeatedly tap 'F 2 key' (BIOS screen should appear) > Usually 'Dell Inspiron' laptops have a 'category' named 'Advanced' > Ensure that WLAN is enabled > 'Save Settings' and 'Exit'
(Note: BIOS setup may vary based on different laptop models)

If the wireless card still does not detect any networks in 'Windows', try tapping <Function><F2> or only <F2> if the previous key combination does not work. This is the 'radio control' for the 'Wireless Card' installed in the system.

Hope this helps. Do reply with the finding; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271108-wlan-mini-card-good-but-cannot-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey all I happen to PCIe to Motherboard. WLAN Antenna? Card Adding Mini have Adding Mini PCIe WLAN Card to Motherboard. Antenna? a Supermicro Mini-ITX motherboard that has a free mini-PCIe slot I m usually vehemently pro wired Ethernet but in this particular application I just can t find a way to wire things to make it work so I am considering sticking an Intel WLAN card in the slot and using that instead The one thing I can t seem to figure out is what do I use as an antenna I ve only ever used mini WLAN cards in Laptops and all-in-one mini-PC s before where they come with preinstalled antenna wires that use those tiny little connectors I have searched eBay Amazon Newegg for Ghz wifi antennas but all of them have the larger BNC type connectors on them not the tiny little ones that the mini WLAN cards need Is anyone familiar with any mini WLAN connector headers or anything like that Essentially those BNC-type connectors on one end with a little retention ring so I can just drill a hole in the case and tighten them in and connect an external antenna and those tiny little plugs on the other end Or is there another way of accomplishing what I need to do Much obliged Matt nbsp

A:Adding Mini PCIe WLAN Card to Motherboard. Antenna?

also, you can buy cards for putting minipci in a regular pci slot that has these antennas

https://hardforum.com/threads/adding-mini-pcie-wlan-card-to-motherboard-antenna.1899776/
Relevancy 76.11%

One month out of the box, my Dell Inspiron M5030 suddenly refuses to connect to my Netgear router. It can see the router as an available connection, but I still get an "unable to connect" error. A wired connection to the router works just fine, but I'm still unable to get the internal WiFi adapter to connect. Any idea whay might be causing this issue?

A:Dell M5030 WLAN stopped connecting.

If this may help, here's a copy of the ipconfig/all results.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Austin Sudduth>ipconfig/all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : AustinSudduth
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : A2-A4-DE-42-7C-C6
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 90-A4-DE-42-7C-C6
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Contro
ller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 18-03-73-6C-E4-5C
Tunnel adapter isatap.{AAC55874-703D-4E89-9A8E-BD9B7A3DEF17}:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Tunnel adapter isatap.{8F59684B-E98C-446F-8E1C-5296D4280096}:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Tunnel adapter isatap.{F176E952-3513-4BEF-9EB7-DFC723BEEEEC}:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
C:\Users\Austin Sudduth>c

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-m5030-wlan-stopped-connecting.1039131/
Relevancy 74.82%

I just bought 2 new systems from Dell. An XPS 410 and an Inspiron E1505 (Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7200 (4MB/2.00GHz/667MHz) 2GB 677Mhz RAM, 100 GB 7200 RPM Seagate Hard Drive, 256MB nVidia 7300 graphics card and Dell 1500 Draft N Wireless Card). I want to know what router I should get that will give me the best short range speeds with my Draft N Wireless Card. I dont care about long range speeds. My livingroom (where I want to use my notebook) is about 25-30 feet from where the router will be. I cant decided between Netgears WPNT834 RangeMax 240 Wireless Router or Netgears WNR834B RangeMax NEXT Draft 802.11n Wireless Router. Or is there another router that would work better? I like to play online games ie (City Of Heroes, City Of Villains, D&D, Guild Wars) Whatever would be best for online gaming.

Relevancy 74.39%

I have been struggling with my both dell machines. Both have Broadcom cards. These cards have similar problems with my router for the past few days. what wireless cards do you have?

A:broadcom 1390, broadcom 1370 dell wireless

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-1390-broadcom-1370-dell-wireless.617789/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Dell inspiron one 2330 all in one and was wanting to connect it to a mac mini to use ut as the monitor. Does anyone know if the HDMI port is compatible with connecting it to a mac mini?

A:connecting MAC Mini to dell inspiron one 2330

I think the HDMI socket on the Inspiron is an output. Dell says it is no longer available so doesn't publish specs but this review refers to the HDMI connector for driving a second monitor -

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/desktop-pc/3421056/dell-inspiron-one-2330-all-in-one-pc-review/

I might normally say 'suck it and see' but if I were you I would seek definite information on whether or not you can treat this HDMI socket as an input before you try it.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568637/connecting-mac-mini-to-dell-inspiron-one-2330/
Relevancy 73.1%

Here's my situ :

a. I have a couple of wyse 3125 thin clients with 2 usb ports.
b. I also have a couple of 108 wlan pci cards 802.11g that i had removed from my desktops.
c. I dont have a wired net connection.
d. Is there any usb device into which i can insert the pci wlan card and then plug it into the thin client rather than buying a usb wlan ?
e. If not, any other solution to use these wlan pci cards as i wont be buying any more desktops ?

Any and all advise welcome !

Thanks
Swati

Relevancy 71.81%

My HP Mini netbook shows the wireless network that I have here at home, but even after putting in the password, it does not connect to the wireless network. It says "Acquiring Network address" but never connects. My other laptop (a Sony Vaio) and my dvd blue-ray player connect just fine to the wireless network and only this netbook doesn't. I have no clue how to get it to connect. Here is the information from the IPCONFIG /ALL:

Windows IP Configuration
Host Name ........................... : your-6c359a3bdc
Primary Dns Suffic ................ :
Node Type ........................... : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled................ : No
WINS Proxy Enabled ............ : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Media State ......................... : Media disconnected
Description .......................... : 802.11n Wireless LAN Card
Physical Address ................. : 00-1B-41-F2-44

Thanks in advance for any help that is provided.

A:Hp Mini not connecting to wireless network

Were you ever able to connect this PC to that particular wireless network? If so ...

Try with the router's encryption disabled. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-mini-not-connecting-to-wireless-network.1050416/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey guys, 
So I have a Dell Inspiron 15 (7547) and the wireless card in it is slowly dying. I need some advice as to which WLAN cards to buy and use for this computer as my internet searching skills have fallen short to find some.
Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank you ahead of time
Tyler

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19973774
Relevancy 70.09%

Ok so I just recently got a Dell optiplex GX PC that has- nbsp Intel core quad processor GHz GB ram GB hard tower!) card for mini video & a Dell 755 card GX Graphics the Optiplex (not drive kinda small i know i m looking to upgrade that as well I m posting this here to see if anyone knows mainly what graphics card i could get that would make my PC gaming friendly It doesn t have to be the most amazing stellar quality card out there since iv had some people tell me that you cant upgrade these PCs much But just some good quality advice on the subject and maybe a recommendation on what card brand to get as well as the specs for it Also a recommendation for a video card would be greatly appreciated as well Sorry for my ignorance on on the subject i am new to the PC world I ended up having to get this computer in a pinch because I am a small time graphics design artist and my laptop died and I had orders coming in I m not looking for a quick fix to the problem so even if anyone has a solution that may take a bit or Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) quite a few steps to get underway the help is still greatly welcomed I am hoping if its at all possible to make a good situation out of this and maybe build this PC to fit my needs Thank you to anyone who can help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989376
Relevancy 70.09%

Ok so I just recently got a Dell optiplex GX PC that has- nbsp Intel core quad processor GHz GB ram GB hard drive kinda small i know i m looking to upgrade that as well I m posting this here to see if anyone knows mainly what graphics tower!) card GX Dell for Graphics a video (not card 755 & mini the Optiplex card i could get that would make my PC gaming friendly It doesn t have to be the most amazing stellar quality card out there since iv had some people tell me that you cant upgrade these PCs much But just some good quality advice on the subject and maybe a recommendation on what card brand to get as well as the specs for it Also a recommendation for a Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) video card would be greatly appreciated as well Sorry for my ignorance on on the subject i am new to the PC world I ended up having to get this computer in a pinch because I am a small time graphics design artist Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) and my laptop died and I had orders coming in I m not looking for a quick fix to the problem so even if anyone has a solution that may take a bit or quite a few steps to get underway the help is still greatly welcomed I am hoping if its at all possible to make a good situation out of this and maybe build this PC to fit my needs Thank you to anyone who can help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989375
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I have a Dell Latitude very problems Dell confused WLAN - card D and am experiencing a very unusual problem with the WLAN card The wireless internet has worked fine but recently I couldn't access it - the icon wasn't showing up in network connections and the card wasn't being detected in device manager I left it alone for a while and just plugged it in but I noticed that about one out of every or times I would turn on the computer it would detect the wireless card The wireless internet would then work but only for about minutes After that time the wireless icon showed up in the network connections but when I try to enable it says quot Connection Failed quot Ipconfig all gives me Dell WLAN card problems - very confused a few lines about a malfunction I reinstalled the drivers for my card and this did not fix the problem I then removed the card and reseated it which worked - but again only for about minutes The card and the motherboard are about a month old so I didn't think it was a hardware problem Just in case I swapped out the WLAN card for a wlan card on a spare laptop that I know is functioning Same thing - works for a few mins then cannot be detected quot Connection failed quot I've ran hijackthis and spyware programs flashed the bios and tried safe mode - it makes no difference The only other thing I can think of is that the laptop runs at around farenheit and the WLAN card for this model is under the keyboard not accessable from a compartment underneath so possibly overheating PLEASE HELP Thanks Kevin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-wlan-card-problems-very-confused-409693.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello,

I have an 8 port "wired" router from Linksys that I have been using in conjunction to a wireless access point which had been plugged into one of the open ports on the wired router. Lately I have been having connection issues with the WAP so I decided it may be time to upgrade. Not thinking about it, I picked up a new Linksys E1000 wiress router (as opposed to a WAP) and, after a lengthy support call with Linksys, got that up and running.

So I have operability for both wired and wireless devices, however I have noticed a substantial slow down on my wired devices. I also just upped the plan with my ISP to increase my bandwidth which I see on the wired PCs but not on the wireless which seem less. Would a WAP be faster than a wireless router by nature?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

A:Slow wireless after connecting Linkys wirless router to Linksys wired router

Have you made sure you have the latest firmware for the wireless router? If you updated the firmware be sure to reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

What speeds do you get with a test such as speedtest.net with a connection to the wired router? With an ethernet connection to the wireless router? With a wireless connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wireless-after-connecting-linkys-wirless-router-to-linksys-wired-router.945424/
Relevancy 68.8%

I Router Verizon router to Netgear Wireless wirelessly my connecting Fios WGT624 have been trying to find a way to connect forward the signal recieve the signal from my Verizon Fios wireless router up to my WGT V Netgear router Is there a way Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router that I can modify my wirless port on my Netgear to recieve a signal wirelessly from my Verizon Wireless router My Neighbor did it once with Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router another wireless router but he can not remember how he did it I am thinking it had something to do with the Firmware If anyone can help me with this that would be great I m basically trying to Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router push the wireless signal from my Verizon router in my basement up to my wireless Netgear router which is recieving the signal on the main level so that I can plug my wired non wireless laptop into the ethernet port which is receiving wireless signal from the Verizon router in the basement in order to gain access to the internet Can this be done with the equipment listed above and or some additional firmware and configuration Thank you for all your assistance on this in advance MCAMPOS nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/verizon-fios-router-connecting-wirelessly-to-my-wgt624-netgear-wireless-router.138211/
Relevancy 68.8%

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
zonealarm basic firewall
wlancard dell 1450 usb

Info:
the card never had a vista or windows 7 driver. A computer skilled
took out a folder from the windows xp installer.
Through device manager the folder is installed as driver, and the wlan card works.
I wanted to use ubuntu 'remote terminal server'. Connected via pc to pc lan cross over cable.
Maybe the connection succeded because ping test was ok. But never made the
program 'remote terminal server' work.
At a point zonealarm made trouble, allthough disabled.
Shutting down computer worked.

Error: Next time I turned on the computer, wlan didn't work. The wlan card makes
the connection but there is a yellow triangle on the wifi icon in taskbar.
Under network it keeps hanging, messaging 'identifying'.

I tried this:
Reinstalling zonealarm basic.
Reinstalling wlan card folder driver.
Didn't work.

Now I don't know what to do.
Suggestions?
Thanks.

A:Wlan card hangs (identifying error) during connection to router.

SInce this isnt a supported Win7 wlan adapter, you may be looking at a purchase of a new one. Unless you can get that tech to do his magic again? Or do you have the driver files he used in a folder somwhere still?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191105-wlan-card-hangs-identifying-error-during-connection-router.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Have tried to review previous posts regarding WiFi connectivity issues but could not located similar issue not assist card connected WLAN Router, to staying please Solved: honestly I got lost in the Solved: WLAN card not staying connected to Router, please assist alphabet soup sorry Have Dell run Win XP serv pack No red X or yellow under Device Manager I did open up laptop took out WLAN card restarted laptop turned off laptop reinstalled WLAN card restarted laptop Problem still persisted Any help is appreciated thanks in advance Ipconfig is listed below Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Hemal gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name hemal-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ga comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description Dell Wireless Draft n WLA N Mini-Card Physical Address - -CF- - B- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday March AM Lease Expires Thursday March AM nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

I have Qwest CenturyLink DSL and recently replaced the Actiontec M modem which crapped out after years of service Replaced it with a Netgear DM PSP v router modem Now I cannot get either of my two routers the Linksys WRT G or WRT N V to broadcast Netgear Connecting router to v2 router/modem wireless WRT160N DM111PSP wireless internet I ve spent the most time on the WRT N It will broadcast a wireless signal but devices that attempt to connect to the internet time out while quot obtaining IP address quot BTW I just happen to have two Connecting WRT160N v2 wireless router to Netgear DM111PSP router/modem wireless routers on hand I only need one to work I can get internet through the hard wire connection I have the Netgear modem hooked up to the quot internet quot port of the WRT N router and the computer is connected to one of the four ethernet ports on the back of the router I can access both router and modem setup pages using this setup The Netgear modem is set up for DHCP server PPPoA encapsulation and gets its DNS address dynamically from the ISP The WRT N is also set up for automatic DHCP configuration These are the settings given by running each set up wizard and this has set me up for some DHCP conflicts I think that setting up a dual modem router in transparent bridging mode PPPoE in theory turns off the DHCP allowing the WRT N to handle DHCP but I have no luck even getting my hard-wired internet connection to work if I switch from PPPoA to PPPoE mode Even if I cut the WRT N out of the loop and connect the computer direct to the DM PSP No internet no nothing The Netgear modem has a setting allowing the user to turn off the router part and just use it as a modem but as soon as I select that option I lose the ability to communicate with the router and my hard wired internet connection went dead So I figured that was just a red herring I tried keeping DHCP enabled for both devices but restricting the issued IP address ranges for each device router and modem so that they didn t overlap No luck there either I ve made sure the IP address assigned to the WRT N router is not within the IP address range assigned by the Netgear modem Lately I tried to set the WRT N to a static IP address using it just to broadcast wireless signal and not assign IP addresses letting the Netgear modem handle that I set the internet IP address to to connect to the modem subnet mask to and set the gateway address to the IP address of the Netgear modem Unfortunately I got stuck because I don t know any of the DNS IP addresses my ISP uses so I was prevented from completing this attempt Which is too bad because I think this would have fixed the problem with the duplicate DHCP management by both router and modem Turned off the firewall at various points while I tried these efforts it doesn t seem to make a difference Starting to wish I had just bought a combo modem wireless router and I would have had wireless internet in the house weeks ago Is there anything you can think of to salvage this combination of router ISP and modem nbsp

A:Connecting WRT160N v2 wireless router to Netgear DM111PSP router/modem

Netgear DM111PSP v2 router/modem.Click to expand...

ifthis is a router then you need to connect the other two routers using their LAN inputs NOT the WAN/internet - unless you set the DM111PSP to bridge mode
you may have already covered the below - but check
see here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wrt160n-v2-wireless-router-to-netgear-dm111psp-router-modem.1073119/
Relevancy 68.8%

Initially it was not booting at all, pressing the power button would make the indicators light up and a clicking noise would be produced. Then i tinkered with it and realized that removing the WiFi adapter (in-built) made it boot. If i put it back the system immediately turns off. Please help, I cannot access the internet.

A:Dell inspiron 15 won't start unless wlan card is removed.

First thing to do is replace the wireless card with a new one -- if that doesn't solve the problem, it's the card socket that's faulty -- which will require a replacement mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984921
Relevancy 68.8%

I need help with my computer showing that there's a problem with my Dell WLAN card. This happens quite frequent.

A:computer keeps show that theres a problem with Dell WLAN Card

Hi and welcome.

Do you receive a specific error message regarding the WLAN card?

Example: "Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped working and was closed."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-show-that-theres-a-problem-with-dell-wlan-card.946581/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello Guys I am having trouble with my wireless connection It was working fine till a couple of days back and then started acting up Let me explain the problem in detail System connects to the router It shows full signal After - seconds the wireless gets disconnected After that the behaviour is quite varied Sometimes the router itself is not recongnized Sometimes the router is recognized but the system doesnt connect If I force it to then it again says cannot connect to a hidden network After a while maybe - mins later it recongnizes and tries connecting again sometimes it succeeds Wireless connecting Router keeps and disconnecting Connecting to sometimes it doesnt My System Specifications are given below Samsung Ultrabook Series S - Model NP U C-A UK Processsor - Intel COre - U CPU Ghz Windows Hope Premium - Bit OS Wireless Network Adaptor - Intel Centrino Advaced N- ROuter - Thomson GB RAM A Little bit about my Home network There are devices connected Connecting to Wireless Router keeps connecting and disconnecting usually My Connecting to Wireless Router keeps connecting and disconnecting Wife's PC which is a Dell Inspiron and runs on Windows Home premium My Ipad of our Smart Phones and My PC Every other device currently works fine except mine So looks like the problem is with my system rather than the router or network provider Remedies I have tried and failed Updated the Network Driver by downloading and installing it from Intel Website From the ROuter side manually changed the channel to see if that has an effect FLushed my DNS tried to release and renew IPs Changed the Encryption parameters Removed and added the network again DOwnloaded Xirrus Wifi Inspector Diabled the n from adapter and tried None of the above worked Now I have reached the end of my ability to find out what the issue is I am posting this but connecting to internet by my phoes USB tethering which in turn is connected to the same router I am having problems with Please help me Any nudge in the right direction is greaty appreciated If you need more info about my system please let me know With Regards Avisesh

A:Connecting to Wireless Router keeps connecting and disconnecting

I hate to say it, but since you have done everything I would have done, its possible the wireless adapter is broken/not functioning correctly. Is the product still under warranty? Especially since you stated that other devices connect just fine.
So its probably not the router.
The only other thing I can think of to try would be to buy another wireless router and test it with that.
If you have no problems, something is amiss.
You could also set your router back to factory defaults and try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304887-connecting-wireless-router-keeps-connecting-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I'm trying to use a router to establish a wireless connection with a machine running XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2. I've connected successfully in the past with other machines (including now, as I write this), so it doesn't seem to be the router or the modem that's the problem. What's more, it's not XP, since there's another machine that can connect fine.

So, I'm stumped. I've contacted both my ISP and the manufacturer of the router, but not much help there.

Any thoughts? The machine sees the wireless connection fine, will attempt to connect and will actually say that it was successful in connection -- but there's no access to the internet and the status is actually limited or no connectivity.

A:Solved: wireless/router says it's connecting but not actually connecting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-router-says-its-connecting-but-not-actually-connecting.729024/
Relevancy 68.8%

I recently got qwest DSL and I configured my Wireless to work and accept my wireless MAC Address, but when I plug it into the WAN slot in the Linksys router it doesn't work. I went to linksys site and did their configuration which is changing the router LAN IP to 192.168.0.1, then power cycling, but this doesn't help. I cannot access the internet still. Both the modem/router and the router are operating DHCP, but if I disable the modem/router, I cannot access the wireless function, and if I disable the DHCP on my Linksys router, I cannot obtain an IP from the modem router via the linksys router.

This is frustrating lol.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Qwest DSL (Router/Modem/Wireless) not connecting to my Linksys Router (VPN)

I just got a Zonet Broadband Switch Router (product model ZSR0104C).
I have Qwest DSL.

I followed the instructions.
I can ping the router but nothing else.
Can't access internet.
Scoured Zonet site/forums.
No driver updates.
No errata on installation or any pertinent info.

Looked up Qwest specifications for Router set up... nothing helpful there.

Irritated.

Ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/qwest-dsl-router-modem-wireless-not-connecting-to-my-linksys-router-vpn.359197/
Relevancy 68.37%

Dell inspiron 1545

Clean install from vista x64 to windows 7 x64

Upgrade option would not work as I could not remove the wireless wlan card driver

Windows 7 installed OK except I have lost the wireless. Wired internet is OK.

I downloaded the recommended driver for the card

Dell Inspiron 1545 Wireless WLAN 1397 Half MiniCard

when I try and install it says there is no matching device.

The wireless device does not show up in the device manager.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.

A:wireless wlan card driver

Hiya pal, and welcome to the forums.

It seems there is more than one wifi card that came out with your lappy ... have you tried the other drivers available for your laptop from the dell site

Dell Wireless 1515 (11agn) WLAN half mini-Card (Atheros)
Dell Wireless WLAN 1510 Half MiniCard (4322)

Dell Wireless WLAN 1397 Half MiniCard (4312bg)
Intel Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/109525-wireless-wlan-card-driver.html
Relevancy 67.94%

gang I need a reco from somebody that's found a good one.
the original Intel Pro WLAN card installed in Inspiron E1705 failed. need to replace but reluctant to do the same card all over again.... anyone know a 5-star winner?

thanks
z

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-reco-internal-wlan-card-dell-inspiron-e1705.1080805/
Relevancy 67.94%

i have a Cisco wireless router/cable modem
i also have a SMC Barricade SMC7004VWBR wireless router

i want to connect the SMC router to the Cisco router via wireless - can this be done?
if so, how?

the SMC has a WAN ethernet port and if i plug in a cable from the cisco, everything works fine
i can not find anywhere in the setup of the SMC an option for a wireless WAN connection
is the wireless only for the LAN side?

if anyone knows something about this any input would be appreciated

A:connecting a wirelss router to another wireless router wirelessly

and welcome to the Forum

Does the SMC have a setting to act as a bridge or client?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wirelss-router-to-another-wireless-router-wirelessly.1031945/
Relevancy 67.94%

My wife's sister has Comcast Cable. They installed a Modem/Router that the wireless part seems to have died. Can a wireless router be connected via ethernet cable to the cable modem/ router?

A:Connecting Wireless router to Cable Modem/Router

Yes, adding a wifi router to one of the ports will set it as a node on the dhcp server{modem} and if there is a conflict in ip address, usually will change it to a 10.0.0.1

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/349602-connecting-wireless-router-cable-modem-router.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I was looking at getting a wireless router either a D-Link or a Netgear Rangemax WNR and I m not exactly sure how to set it up I have a BEC Technologies TM NOT GTM adsl wired modem router that my telephone company gave me when I switched to DSL There are LAN ports on the back of the modem router a line port that my telephone cable is connected to and a console port that I don t use of the LAN ports are being used One is connected to my cable box the Connecting wireless router a adsl to modem/router an other has an Connecting a wireless router to an adsl modem/router ethernet cord that runs halfway around my house through a wall and into a wall jack that my desktop computer is connected to I only want to use the wireless router Connecting a wireless router to an adsl modem/router to connect to my Wii and one laptop I would like to keep my desktop connection wired I had previously tried to connect to xbox live by connecting my xbox to one of the LAN ports but I could never get it to work so now I just switch the ethernet cords between my xbox and computer in the wall jack whenever I want to use one or the other Will I be able to connect a wireless router to one of the LAN ports and receive a signal or will I have to connect the wireless router to the wall jack that my desktop is hooked to and run the connection through the router I ve never setup a wireless network before so I m a little new to this subject nbsp

A:Connecting a wireless router to an adsl modem/router

Hi:here are links to sample dsl modem router to wireless router configurations..
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1080
And for dlink:
http://www.dlink.com/support/faq/default.aspx?question=dsl
And the tried and true Johnwill,TSG tutorial on the same subject.
Your modem probably is a modem/router combo.Here are some possible fixes .

a. Bridge the modem/router unit so that it bypasses the router function and acts as a modem only. Or,

b. Change the address range used by one of the routers, say, to 192.168.3.x. Or,

c. Use the second router as an ethernet switch and wireless access point per the following recipe.

Connecting two soho routers in a network

Tutorial from Johnwill from the Networking Forum

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

Hopefully one of these will lead you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-router-to-an-adsl-modem-router.936262/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a sagem wifi modem router provided by the telecoms company it has a limited wifi range and in my experience of wifi it also has frequent dropouts connection problems we connect the desktop pc to it by ethernet and that s just fine we also were given by a rd party a belkin n wireless router the model without modem and would like to try it out to be the wifi router The idea is to connect it by ethernet to the sagem and a modem router via Connecting ethernet? router a to wireless place it in a more central part of the property I reckon about m of ethernet cable we would disable the wifi on the sagem had we been given the belkin model with internal modem this would not be an issue and we would Connecting a wireless router to a modem router via ethernet? not need to use the sagem at all - that is not meant to sound ungrateful can anyone see any pitfalls with this or if it is do-able any recommendations re configs I have found another post loosely related to using routers however it doesn t really address this specifically http forums techguy org networking -using- -routers-same-time html nbsp

A:Connecting a wireless router to a modem router via ethernet?

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-router-to-a-modem-router-via-ethernet.716730/
Relevancy 67.94%

when I follow the instructions provided and log into the login page, it goes to a sponsored page, and give no instructions at all.

A:how to install Wireless N Mini Pocket Router?

What is the exact make/model of the device. What is the url (address) of the site to which you are directed?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-to-install-wireless-n-mini-pocket-router/1619.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I'm using Dell Inspiron 1318 laptop and now i'm facing problem with the wireless network (I mentioned the problem signature below)

Some times i'm able to connect to my wireless netwotk. Some times i'm unable to see even the network name.

Could anyone plz help me regarding this issue.....

Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz

Thank in Advance.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.170.25.12
Application Timestamp: 46f3437a
Fault Module Name: StackHash_fe57
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 047592ba
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fe57
Additional Information 2: b3eedd86ec36818914e20718413caf46
Additional Information 3: e2e0
Additional Information 4: 39ec7795224e38810857180f3d829d8c

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

A:(Urgent Need)Dell Wireless WLAN network controller has stopped working

and welcome to the Forum

Try going to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download the wireless card drivers. Be sure to use IE and do not use the Dell Download Manager!

Just download the driver file, save it to the desktop and double click to install

On the list of drivers, click on the driver file:

Then the download button here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/urgent-need-dell-wireless-wlan-network-controller-has-stopped-working-537442.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have been wanting to try Linux. I used Puppy Linux version 3.01. When I was setting it up I went to try and set up the network connection and it is not letting me. It says the wireless network card is a Broadcom wireless card and not the Dell 1390 that is in the computer. Can anyone help me get it working?

A:Dell 1390 notworking in Linux

Any one got any ideas????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-1390-notworking-in-linux.658667/
Relevancy 67.51%

i have new router 300n sitecom x3 300mbps i connected all my laptops but the Dell White Slimed Inspiron Mini Nickelodeon Edition i couldn't connect it says ( network security key mismatch) and im sure its the right one ... really i need hellp here

Mr: terrynet

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi everyone I m having an extremely frustrating problem connecting to my Netgear DG G v wireless router in my flat In short Ever since I reformatted router's network to Can't adapter wireless connecting connect to wireless despite net my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro internet browsers do not detect a connection to the internet despite a wireless connection being detected in the network connections and the icon in the system tray when my wireless adapter is plugged into my PC Connection problems only occurred after the reformat another PC in my flat connects wirelessly to our router with no problems before during amp after the time I reformatted I m posting this using his PC and the router config settings have definitely not been changed in any way so its not a router problem It appears that the wireless adapter is able to detect a signal from the router but the router is not sending information to the adapter I can t even connect to the router setup IP address More detailed I wiped the PC s harddrive then reinstalled Windows XP Pro I thought the recovery disk would have drivers with Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network it like others I d used but it didn t so I had to manually find nVidia chipset amp com Ethernet controller Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network drivers and SP for USB functionality download them on another PC and transfer and install them on mine I got SP this didn t change anything I changed back to SP still no change to connectivity When my Netgear WG v wireless adapter is plugged into a USB port Windows recognises it as a device connected to the PC My Netgear DG G v router is working normally the power light is on the internet light is on and the wireless light is on all are green the internet light blinks intermittently as normal the other two are solid When the wireless adapter is plugged into the PC wireless networks are detected and I can detect and connect to my Netgear router using the same WEP key and SSID as before set at the time of router setup Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network and not changed since Bubble comes up with Wireless Network Connection NETGEAR Speed Mbps Signal Strength Very Good When a browser is opened and set to any website the DNS error screen The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable etc in IE Server not found Firefox can t find the server at www google co uk in Firefox When opening Internet Explorer the bar at the bottom of the window displays Detecting proxy settings for a few seconds before the DNS error comes up The router settings cannot be opened via a browser either by using the router setup CD or by typing http into the address bar The same error msg is displayed in IE Firefox displays Unable to connect Firefox can t establish a connection to the server at I can connect to the router setting page in the above way using my flatmate s wireless connection to the same router Opening up the properties of the wireless connection shows that data packets are sent but not received e g after leaving the wireless connection on for hours packets sent packets received I tried bridging the wireless connection with the Net Adapter connection in Network Connections LAN or High Speed Internet this had no effect reversing this also had no effect All settings IP etc were set to be automatically provided no effect I looked at my flatmate s connection settings IP address subnet mask DHCP server etc and manually specified as many of them as I could on my connection no effect I used my flatmate s connection to go into the router settings and manually specify my PC s Physical address MAC no as being always allowed to connect no effect I effectively turned off the router s firewall by setting it to allow incoming connections on all ports no effect Changed it back no effect also no firewalls installed... Read more

A:Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-net-despite-wireless-adapter-connecting-to-routers-wireless-network.541734/
Relevancy 67.08%

I just purchased a wireless router (Linksys) to set up as a wireless access point connected via an ethernet cable to another Linksys wireless router that is connected to my DSL modem. I know I need to connect LAN port to LAN port, but do I need a "straight through" or a "switched/crossover" cable? As I have done some reading, some directions say straight, others say switched, some don't say at all. I just want to be sure I don't have a cabling issue. Thanks in advance for any information.

A:Solved: Connecting Wireless access point and wireless router

Well, a crossover cable will certainly work. If either end of the routers have auto-MDX ports, a straight patch cable will work as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connecting-wireless-access-point-and-wireless-router.908446/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Guys, just last night I decided it was finally time to password protect our home wifi connection. Since we live in the country I'm not too worried about it, but better safe than sorry I guess. I tried once before but left it unsecured until just yesterday because one of our computers: an older Dell Latitude laptop has been having issues connecting. I'm sure it's in the wireless card because I currently have a different linksys usb card which is fully functioning, but I'd like to get this TI ACX100 card to work. I can't get the system to connect because it never prompts for the password key, and I'm not sure if there's a way to fix that or not. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

A:Using TI ACX100 wlan Wireless Card With WPA2 Personal

Hi -You can check that you have the latest software for the card - You can download the Drivers Here for the Texas Instruments ACX 100 -This may help you if you do not have yours updated -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327969/using-ti-acx100-wlan-wireless-card-with-wpa2-personal/
Relevancy 67.08%

HI , I am struggling to install my wireless card.I can see in the device manager that the driver is not installed.I have downloaded broardcom  and intel drivers from HP support website, but I can't get it work.can you guide me to the right files please .My laptop is an HP Probook 6470b , serial  number : cnu3189H3Z.regards, 

IT engineer,Team/Tech lead End User Computer team. Consultant at TATA Consulting Service and Tricontinental LTD.

A:can't install Wlan wireless card driver . need the suitable...

Hi: There can be one of many different model wlan cards your notebook can have. Please post the hardware ID for the Network Controller device and I will post the link to the wireless driver you need... To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller needing drivers. Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/can-t-install-Wlan-wireless-card-driver-need-the-suitable/td-p/5644118
Relevancy 67.08%

What I mean by demand InstallShield is that it s already installed BUT the stupid thing won t let me install the InstallShield Runtime Scripting program whatever that thing is and the error code is and I have absolutely no idea what the heck to do with it as it s driving me nuts trying to get the card to be recognized of course I just figured out that I ve had the damned driver the entire time and didn t realize it till I looked at the cursed website Anyways any help here would be greatly appreciated A side issue related to the InstallShield though is that every time I try to use InstallShield the damn thing keeps saying it can t install till I looked at the Services program in XP Home and realized even though it was on Automatic it wasn t started so I had to start it manually Any way to fix that problem It s also starting to drive me absolutely nuts nbsp

A:Wireless WLAN card software demands InstallShield

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108340

have a look here please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wlan-card-software-demands-installshield.575125/
Relevancy 67.08%

Dell Netbook / XP sp3. Bought from a colleague - wireless connection worked both at his home and WIFI at a coffeee shop [saw it]. Have tried it in two homes - one with Roadrunner cable, the other with AT&T DSL. In both cases, the ethernet cable [through different routers] works and wireless works on my Toshiba notebook.

I have done ipconfig release/renew, there are no flags in Device Manager, the wireless icon says there is a good connection, it's set to automatically detect settings. ping shows the ip address. However, the diagnostic for XP reports the following: "Could not get proxy settings via the Automatic Proxy Configuration mechanism. This computer has the following default gateway entry[ies]: 0.0.0.0
There is no default gateway entry"
Please advise what I should try next. Thanks, Cory

Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys I m Connecting a router? wired router a wireless to a bit of a networking noob so I m wondering if this setup I have will work in getting all my computers to share our home internet Basically my current setup in my basement this ethernet cable modem V V Wired DLink Router---------- gt main desktop nd desktop Pretty standard But now we want a laptop and another desktop on our top floor because someone else moved in LUCKILY before we finished the basement I had another ethernet cable going from the router to Connecting a wireless router to a wired router? the Wii on the main floor We don t play that anymore so I was wondering if it was possible to buy a wireless router for the main floor connect it wired to the basement router and than use it wirelessly so that it extends to the top floor Meanwhile the router in the basement still connects to the two computers It d look like this basement floor modem V V Wired router---------- gt main desktop nd desktop V V Main floor ground floor wireless router V V second floor wirelessly connect to----- gt laptop rd desktop will have to install pci card so yeah does it work that way nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Barricade wired router than is working fine. I bought a Netgear Wireless G router on sale. I would like to hook this up in tandem with my Barricade so that I can use my laptop without a wire connection. Netgear says that it can be done although they do not recommend it but they do not tell you how. I have searched their website for answers but none are forthcoming. Does anyone out there know how to do this?

Thanks

Seth

A:Connecting wireless router to existing router

JohnWill has posted these basic set of instructions many times. They cover connecting two routers similar to what you wish to do.

http://forums.techguy.org/networkin...me-through-how.html?highlight=connect+routers

Let us know if you run into any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wireless-router-to-existing-router.521996/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all My Netopia Router from SBC just crapped out on me early last week So I decided to buy a router from a local electronics store I already had a SpeedStream Modem but I have multiple PCs in the house Router a Connecting to Wired Router Wireless a so I need to route the connection to other PCs Anywho I went to the store today and picked up a Linksys DSL Cable Router Wired with port switch BEFSR I hooked it up followed the CD Wizard and plugged in the PCs on this level I have Levels in my house The PCs on this level worked Now I have a D-Link wireless router since there are wireless notebooks PCs upstairs Before I had the Linksys I just plugged that router into my Netopia and it worked fine Now when I plugged it into this new Linksys router it doesn t work What am I doing wrong All PCs are running Win XP if that makes a difference Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Connecting a Wireless Router to a Wired Router

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-router-to-a-wired-router.390579/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there Right ADSL, router a DSL other Connecting two wireless the - wireless together One routers I really need some help here - I thought I had done this correctly but clearly not as it Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router still doesn t work Info Basically I got my sister a wireless router and purchased a big antenna for her to take up to Uni as she has rented a house with loads of friends and it s massive with very thick walls Luckily the router and modifications mean she can access it all round the house although she has had to put a long cat cable in to put it on the middle floor When she finally got round to purchasing internet from quot Be quot they sent her a wireless ADSL modem router Here is the problem The router they sent doesn t have the range needed in my sisters house The router I gave her doesn t have an ADSL modem They also don t have a telephone cable going to the middle floor only cat How can I connect the two routers together I know it s possible by turning off DHCP etc from the second router but it doesn Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router t seem to be Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router working More info Router quot A quot is the ADSL modem wireless router they provided Router quot B quot is a Kcorp KLG- - pdf manual can be found here Connection info from a pc connected wirelessley to router quot A quot Physical Address - - F- - F-BD IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Lease Obtained Lease Expires DNS Server WINS Server Click to expand Settings available on router quot B quot LAN and DHCP Server Select Connection Type Any ideas If you look on the manual link page onwards shows you all the settings available Thanks for your time Panda nbsp

A:Connecting two routers together - One wireless ADSL, the other a DSL wireless router

You need to get her a wireless Access Point and place it in a central location in the house. Select the DSL modem and configure the Access Point to connect with it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-two-routers-together-one-wireless-adsl-the-other-a-dsl-wireless-router.92410/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Im new to this forum and i just have a one question. Can i connect my 2WIRE wireless gateway with a wireless router?

A:Connecting my 2WIRE Wireless gateway with another Wireless router

Yeah i can do that but if i disable the dhcp server then i dont have internet. the 2wire gateway is for my dsl connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-my-2wire-wireless-gateway-with-another-wireless-router.55079/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all This is my first post and I would like some advice and for someone to tell me if what I want to wireless wireless Connecting router to point access do is indeed possible I would like to connect a wireless access point placed upstairs to my wireless belkin router placed in downstairs living room I want to place the wireless access point upstairs then connect a switch to this with an ethernet cable I will then be connecting a blu-ray player Connecting wireless router to wireless access point tv and xbox console via the switch to the wireless access point I m hoping this will also increase the wireless signal in the attic which would be a bonus but not hugely important I want to Connecting wireless router to wireless access point connect everything upstairs wirelessly because trailing a long ethernet cable through the house isn t possible which is why i m thinking of this set up I m thinking of using either the TP-Link TL-WA ND or the Edimax EW- APN because these seem reasonably priced with good reviews If any one can tell me if this sounds correct and if it will work before I go out and buy the gear that would be great Many thanks for any help in advance nbsp

A:Connecting wireless router to wireless access point

Sounds like you want a Wireless Bridge (or AP Client). If you get a decent signal in the desired location and the WAP includes Wireless Bridge mode it should work fine. I use one (now discontinued, so I won't recommend it) myself for a camera whose integrated wireless no longer works.

I'm hoping this will also increase the wireless signal in the atticClick to expand...

That requires Repeater (or Range Extender) mode. If the WAP includes Wireless Bridge mode it will (I'm pretty sure) also include this mode. I understand that some units can do both jobs (wireless bridge and repeater) at the same time.

I didn't look at the specs or manuals for the units you mentioned; just indicating what you should be looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wireless-router-to-wireless-access-point.1031008/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I am using a Dell Inspiron mini netbook with factory specs (as in just out of the box no modifications to the hardware or operating system) I am running Windows XP Home edition, and I am using a TP-Link wireless 2 in one modem (router and modem combined). My roomates are not experiencing any wireless internet problems so I do not believe it is the modem/router, my wireless keeps disconnecting me constantly and I am not sure what is causing the problem.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and thanks in advance for any advice that can be given.

A:Dell Inspiron mini wireless connection problems

Would you post an xirrus screen shot - see below - lets see what's in the area
and also
would you do the following tests when its connected and post here and then repeat ALL the test when it disconnects and post here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-mini-wireless-connection-problems.954041/
Relevancy 66.22%

I've just had two friends T-42's returned to me for one last go-around (they need "indestructable" laptops, for one a kid and one out on a ocean-going tug). They've been maxed-out about as far as a T-42 can, but I've seen there is a 128 GB PATA/IDE SDD.I picked up some cheap Win-7 OEM licenses. So the last things are...1. Was a Wireless N Mini-PCI card ever made to replace the Intel 2200BG? If so would it needs a hacked BIOS like the Middleton T-61 no-whitelist one?2. Was a DVD-burner ever made for these, like the Multi-III for the T-61? Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Wireless-N-Mini-PCI-card-on-T-42/td-p/3339017
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi out there to Vistax I am a recent XP to Vista user I have a Vostro mini tower specs below that has been running XP pro for the last few years - couldn't stand the GUI anymore lol - so I installed Vista HP and am very happy with the new interface and features After tweaking some the desktop appears from cold start in seconds or so and almost everthing runs as snappy as it did before with XP But the task manager is showing an average use in physical memory of gigs CPU usage is higher and some not all internet pages scroll slowly e g Yahoo news pages Hearts of Space etc where as they were fine before Everthing else on the internet including this site works well - though a few installs like Starry Night Enthusiast and a John Deere farm game are slower My question is this Would installing a seperate video card give me better all-around performance or would another gig of ram do the trick And what brand type of video card do you folks recommend Intel Core Duo E ghz Gig of Kingston RAM Intell 200 Mini Tower Video Card Vostro For Dell G Express Chipset on motherboard Gig WD SATA Hard Drive Seasonic w PSU Thanks for the opportunity to have my questions answered and I'm looking forward to cruising the site here

A:Video Card For Dell Vostro 200 Mini Tower

Windows will allot 50% of your ram by default, for when you need them programs. Remember, rams fastr than hard drive, and why have all that ram and not use it.

For your power supply, a nvidia 430/440 or an ati/amd 6450, maybe get away with a 6550... Seasonics are quality.

The slowdown is probably because Vista is a bit more of a beast than xp, and graphics can be a bit more hefty.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/292814-video-card-dell-vostro-200-mini-tower.html
Relevancy 65.79%

i searched in a lot of forums to see if a gtx 750 ti is compatible with the dell 660 mini tower and i cant find a reliable source and i need help to see if its worth it to get it if it is compatible.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19986696
Relevancy 65.36%

my windows xp ,does not connec to home wireless internet.also,my windows xp Dell,does not connect automaticlly outside of house,like on bus or metrorail,or coffee shops etc.eversince I moved from prior house,and now in pesent house this problem started.reply with remedy.OH,by the way terry,im now using a desktop Dell Inspiron,core 13 windows 8,touchscreen wireless system,made in 2012,with a 24 inch screen.

Relevancy 65.36%

i have a toshiba Satellite a10 laptop. psa10c035wm. i have update the driver of the wireless lan mini card to vers. 7.82.0550 as i was unable to access the wireless card with the earlier version. i am still unable to have this card access the internet. it was working before, however when i changed my modem to rogers cisco it says unable to connect. The switch is on. i noticed it said firewalled, therefore turned this off.

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi guys thanks for looking.

I recently bought a dell true mobile 1150 wireless series mini pci card for my laptop along with a pair of antennae to install in my inspiron. It didn't come with any drivers but I managed to download the latest driver and client manager from the dell website. The installation seemed to be fine but I can't seem to detect any wireless networks on it. I shut down the computer last night and when I woke up this morning it was working fine but after I rebooted again It wasn't able to my wireless connection.

I have verified that the radio is turned on and power management seems fine what else could be the cause?

thanks,

edit: the firewall on my computer is also disabled

A:Problems with mini pci wireless card

also i've just upgraded the firmware of my netgear fvm 318 router but still no luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-mini-pci-wireless-card.58532/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello.

I've a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M 7400 Notebook, with Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter. I want to replace this with Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200 BG Adapter.

Please advise if I can do that myself, and if yes, how to open the laptop, and where to find the adapter in there to replace.

Thanks
Mohit

A:Replace Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card

Hi, welcome to TechSpot

Since nobody has answered this thread, i will give a generic how-to-guide...
i have no experience with a fujitsu, but if it's like most laptops, there will be an access panel on the bottom of the case. it's usually a just 1 screw then it pulls up and out which will give you access to your mini PCI card.

mini-PCI cards lock in similar to laptop RAM sticks, there will be 2 locking tabs toward the top of the card, release them both at the same time and the card should "pop" up, then simply pull it out. it will be the opposite procedure to instal the new one

hope this helps... good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-wireless-lan-mini-pci-card.48410/
Relevancy 65.36%

I've just installled this adpter in my laptop. I found out that if the SSID of my Access Point is hidden or not broadcasting I'm not able to connect manually. If the SSID is broadcasted the adapter works fine. I've checked to make sure it has the lastest drivers as far as I can see it does. I'm not finding much for support for this product though. Can somebody please help me out?

Thanks
James

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi im having problems with my mini pci wireless card in MSI U notebook it keeps dropping the signal and then when i try to reconect it cant find any networks at all To get it to reconnect i have network wireless Mini card to restart but this dose not always work disable the raido in settings or unistall driver or reinstall windows so this is what ive tried already updated the drivers using the MIS Live update tool Unchecked the box that says quot allow computer to turn off device quot Deleted drivers and reinstalled Deleted windows Mini wireless network card and reinstalled fresh copy works for a few days then starts to drop again Mini wireless network card Reinstalled windows and only used the windows driver Not updated it bought aa new mini card but could not get motherboard to install drivers i bough it nd hand off ebay and it came out of a dell mini notebook put old card back in and is now working after fresh install for how long i dont know The card is a bgn T R Mini Card Wireless Adapter and im fresh out of ideas when the siganl drops the you can still see the card in system devices and it says that its working normally also it works fine if i put in a usb wireless dongle cant send the laptop back as i bought it off Ebay and it only came with three months warrenty which is now up Any ideas on this subject would be greatly appriciated regards Matt Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS-N REV BSS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Mini wireless network card

The card is a 802.11bgn 1T1R Mini Card Wireless Adapter and im fresh out of ideas???? when the siganl drops the you can still see the card in system devices and it says that its working normally also it works fine if i put in a usb wireless dongle.Click to expand...

From that and the other stuff you've tried and described I think that the card or motherboard is intermittently defective. If it's the motherboard there's nothing you can do. If it's the card you could replace it with the exact same model or one that you know is supposed to work in that model laptop.

My advice is to keep the USB adapter in your pocket or laptop case and use it when needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mini-wireless-network-card.1014968/
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm considering buying a used Dell OptiPlex GX790 MT computer, and I'm wondering what the maximum video card length can be without having to remove the hard drive cage.

A:Used Dell OptiPlex GX790 Mini tower video card

The hard drive cage isn't the only problem.  The power supply is not standard.
So a short GTX750 TI non SC would be the max.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19996209
Relevancy 65.36%

i have a Dell Vostro Mini Tower with the following specs:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
4GB RAMIntel(R) HD GraphicsI have ran a System Requirements check and it says I have 2048MB of Video RAM.  i would like to upgrade this to 4GB if possible.  would anyone be able to recommend a card that is compatible with my computer?I understand the wattage of my power supply matters also, would anyone know what this is?Thanks in advance

A:Upgrading Video Card on Dell Vostro 270 Mini Tower

The 2GB you are referring to is how much system ram is being given to the onboard Intel GPU video to use. You cannot increase that to 4GB. But you can add a discrete PCIe x16 video card. The Vostro 470 has a 300w power supply. So that will limit you as to which video card you can use. The two video cards that we shipped on this model were =
YG17P Nvidia GeForce 640GT 1GB67V2J Nvidia GeForce 620GT 1GB
Or you could remove our power supply and install a higher wattage power supply and then get a better video card.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19993854
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi TechSpot Forums!

I own a Dell Optiplex GX280 Mini-Tower PC, and am seriously considering buying a graphics card for it.

My question to you is, which would best be compatible with my specs?

System Specs:

Dell Inc. OptiPlex GX280
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
2552 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
500.10 GB HDD

Current Video Card:

Name: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 128.00 MB
Current Display Mode: 1400 x 1050 (32 bit) (60GHz)

Does installing a graphics card mean you can achieve higher resolutions on your LCD monitor? That is partly the reason I will be purchasing one.

Thanks for any info or suggestions,

~ TomHax

A:Graphics card for Dell Optiplex GX280 Mini-Tower?

Does installing a graphics card mean you can achieve higher resolutions on your LCD monitor?Click to expand...

That depends on the maximum resolution supported by your monitor.

What's your main reason to purchase the card? What's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-for-dell-optiplex-gx280-mini-tower.141617/