Windows Support Forum

Solved: Network Drives not reconnecting at boot time

Q: Solved: Network Drives not reconnecting at boot time

I have a couple of XP Pro SP2 machines that need to automatically reconnect to some network drives on startup. They both run applications that need access to these drives. The network drives are on LinkSys NSLU2 network storage devices. When I mapped them (to y: and z: ) I set them to reconnect at startup but this does not happen, on restart they show "disconnected". If I run a "net use" command they are reported as unavailable. Once I double click on them they open just fine.
Any suggestions please?
Sid.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Network Drives not reconnecting at boot time

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Network Drives not reconnecting at boot time

Have you tried putting a simple batch job in your startup with the correct NET USE commands to connect them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-drives-not-reconnecting-at-boot-time.655183/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello all. For quite some time, we have had the issue that when employees reboot their PCs and logon to the domain with their network username, their network drives mostly always show a X by them, which then the user thinks the drives are disconnected. Double clicking on the network drive will reconnect it and then are able to use it. My questions is, is there any GPO that would force connect the network drives back and show them online without the X that I can apply for our users? Any insight would be great. Thank you!

A:Reconnecting Network Drives via GPO

This can happen from time to time, its normal.

normally its because your machine looks for the server before a network connection is established.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/reconnecting-network-drives-via-gpo-276627/
Relevancy 80.84%

hi,
i noticed on my win2000 pro that network drives always got disconnect after a period of time as showed below. Do you know of a command that can re-establish the connection without re-mapping the drives again?
thanks

Status L ocal Remote Network

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
disconnected F: \\server1\apps Microsoft Windows Network
disconnected G: \\server2\home Microsoft Windows Network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-network-drives.118234/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi there.  I have a simple 3-computer network setup in my home.  All 3 are XP Pro.  I have the "\All Users\Documents\" folders as the shared, mapped drive folders. Everything works great until I reboot.  They become disconnected.  I fixed it for one computer with a run command, but now I can't find it again on the web for the other two computers.  Anyone know this command?
Thanks!

A:Network drives not reconnecting at startup.

Hi There.!
Try this...
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd.
Type net use x: \\computer name\share name, where x: is the drive letter you want to assign to the shared resource.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489729/network-drives-not-reconnecting-at-startup/
Relevancy 79.98%

ok so my one computer comp A at work is set up like so hardwired to a offline computer running our work software comp B network xx there is also a wireless adapter for internet usage and to connect to the back office pc for file sharing purposes comp C network xx yesterday i came to work and now comp A won't reconnect to either of the other pcs i can't log in to my mapped to with drives reconnecting Problem network z drive from comp B or connect to my share folder on comp C Problem with reconnecting to network drives when i try to connect i get that there was an error and it can't reconnect i am no pc dummy and have degree in networking but i have never seen anything like this before seriously boggling my mind as far as i know no settings were changed and i've checked everything and they are as they should be i searched google all day today and found nothing helpful does anyone have any idea as to what is going on here the error message is not very helpful basically says there was an error reconnecting microsoft windows network the network location could not be reached neither comp B or C show up under the network tab what is kinda weird is that my wireless printer does show up and works fine on comp A

A:Problem with reconnecting to network drives

ok, so i have discovered that comp B can see comp A in the network list, but comp A can't see comp B. i can even access comp A through comp B, but not the other way around.

any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/120656-problem-reconnecting-network-drives.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Long story short, I have shares on three PCs that are not always on. If I make a shortcut to the share and put it on my desktop, sometimes for some reason, the shortcut vanishes. I believe this is because I haven't connected the PC to the network in a while.

So, I went about and mapped those shares to drive letters. All is well, however, it adds another 45 seconds to my boot time.

Pretty sure this is because windows is trying to reconnect to them on boot, but they are disconnected. Is there any way to keep my drive mappings, but not have windows attempt to reconnect on boot?

I know that you will lose your mappings if you do not check "reconnect on login".. so, is there a way to keep the mappings without attempting to reconnect at login?

Thanks

A:Mapped network drives, slower boot time

I have the same problem, anyone else have any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/236926-mapped-network-drives-slower-boot-time.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Long story short, I have shares on three PCs that are not always on. If I make a shortcut to the share and put it on my desktop, sometimes for some reason, the shortcut vanishes. I believe this is because I haven't connected the PC to the network in a while.

So, I went about and mapped those shares to drive letters. All is well, however, it adds another 45 seconds to my boot time.

Pretty sure this is because windows is trying to reconnect to them on boot, but they are disconnected. Is there any way to keep my drive mappings, but not have windows attempt to reconnect on boot?

I know that you will lose your mappings if you do not check "reconnect on login".. so, is there a way to keep the mappings without attempting to reconnect at login?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mapped-network-drives-slower-boot-time-652206.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I am trying to connect to a on Drive Boot Fails Network Reconnecting Mapped wireless Hard Drive storage unit with a PC running Vista Reconnecting Mapped Network Drive on Boot Fails I can connect to it just fine with a login and password and all works well in that department My problem is with mapping it to a network drive I go through the motions My Computer - gt Map Network Drive - gt Select Drive Letter - gt sharedfolder and the login and password to connect are unique so I click connect using a different username and type in the correct information All seems well except that when I reboot I get the message that it could not Reconnecting Mapped Network Drive on Boot Fails connect to the network drives If I try to access the drive it asks me for a password the username is what I set it to in the different username prompt and I type in the Reconnecting Mapped Network Drive on Boot Fails same password that I put in at the different username prompt and it connects fine So the login and password are all correct it just doesn t want to connect on boot Any ideas as to what the problem may be Also while I m at it just a quick question When you connect to a shared network for the first time it will bring up that quot Connect To quot dialogue and ask for U P When you type it in you can connect to the drive but any subsequent times you try to connect it won t ask for the U P So how do I go about changing the user connecting to that device without having to log off and back on again b nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-mapped-network-drive-on-boot-fails.971197/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all,

I'm having a recurring issue with my wireless network and would appreciate any help you can provide.

I connect to the web via a Belkin F5d7630-4a ADSL Modem with built in wireless router. The router is always on and I have a desktop PC connected via a wired connection.

When I first boot the laptop, it will generally find the wireless connection within a minute or so (although not always). If the laptop powers down, hibernates or sleeps, it sometimes reconnects, but generally can't. Once it's lost the connection, I generally need to reboot the laptop, sometimes two or three times to get it to find it again, even with the laptop sitting right next to the router.

I'm using WPA authentication and have hidden my SSID.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to resolve this, as it's driving me crazy.

Thanks.

Mike.

Relevancy 66.65%

I am finally switching over my work computer from Windows XP to Windows 7.

I have multiple network connections I connect to when I boot up. I've set myself as a new user on the servers I have to connect to, Windows 7 asked me to put in my username and password for each share, all connects fine but when I shutdown and restart, I see all my Shares as red x'ed "disconnected" and as I click on each one, I have to put in my username and password again. Windows XP always remembered my connections and logged me onto each share at boot up. I've checked "remember my credentials" but it's not doing it,

Am I missing something? on any restart or shutdown, I have to click on each share and put in my login credentials.

A:Solved: Windows 7 not reconnecting to network shares

OK, I figured this out, using a Computer Name as recognized by the network rather than my username, it remembers and logs me in when I restart. Not really sure why this makes a difference, but as long as it works, one less thing to worry about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-not-reconnecting-to-network-shares.1084302/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello all,
I have several computers on a network hooked to a server. All of these computers are running XP and have are mapped to a drive on my server. The problem is, once in a while the mapped drive will suddenly not be there. I can manually remap them and sometimes I have to remap 2 or 3 times before it keeps. Another strange aspect is that the other computers on the network aren't experiencing issues at the same time. I get one up and running, then a few days to a couple weeks later another experiences the same issues. Anyone with any ideas would be appreciated.

-Frustrated

Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Dell Mini Solved: and Continually to Reconnecting Wireless Disconnecting Network Inspiron which I use at home connected to the internet through my wifi router It has worked without problem for me Recently though when I have taken my netbook elsewhere I have been unable to initially connect and then to stay connected to any wifi connection that I have found Solved: Continually Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Wireless Network Firstly when away from home and I go to Wireless Network Connection I am unable to see any wireless networks at all and I get the message Windows cannot configure this wireless connection If you have enable another program to configure this wirelss connection use that software If you want to configure this wireless connection start the Wireless Zero Configuration WZC serivce For information about starting the WZC service see article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on Solved: Continually Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Wireless Network the microsoft com Website Now what strikes me first up is why I am getting this error message when I m not getting it at home I have tried four separate wifi networks and Solved: Continually Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Wireless Network I get this message everytime Now the owners never seem to have a problem with these networks and I am able to connect to them sucessfuly using my phone I have tried turning off my phone to ensure it is not an intereference problem So following the instructions I go the Services and sure enough the Windows Zero Configuration service is not started so I start it sucessfully If I now quot Refresh Network List quot I get a similar error to before except at the bottom that it says click quot Change advanced settings quot click the Wireless Networks tab and then select the checkbox labeled quot Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings quot So I do that and I can now see a number of wireless networks So I connect to one ok but within about - seconds I get disconnected from it and then it automatically reconnects stays connected for about - seconds and then disconnects This happens repeatedly allowing for very very painful browsing and impossible downloading of files So a couple of questions - why am I not able to the networks automatically and why when I do connect am I not able to stay connected nbsp

A:Solved: Continually Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Wireless Network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-continually-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-to-wireless-network.878097/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have three external drives, and every time I boot now, they show up as "found," as if I'd just put in a USB drive.....meaning I have to close them all each and every time. Not a serious issue, just an annoyance I'd like to avoid. How can I set it so that they are not "found" each time?

A:Solved: How do I stop all external drives from being "found" every time I boot?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-stop-all-external-drives-from-being-found-every-time-i-boot.1028085/
Relevancy 63.21%

My boss just bought 5 new Dell Dimension 2350 with XP home ed and wanted me to put them on the network. I've set them up and they can see the network fine, but when i map a drive and reboot the machine, the drives will not reconnect. I chose the options to reconnect but it still does not work.

Am I doing something wrong or is there something i can do to make sure it reconnects after a reboot?

A:mapped drives not reconnecting in XP

I've seen this happen, and haven't figured out why. Instead of wasting my time on the problem, I simply worked around it. In your startup folder, just make a new Batch file (.bat) with lines like:

net use s: \\server\shared

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-drives-not-reconnecting-in-xp.119318/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi everyone reconnecting all the Lenovo time y50-70 Wi-Fi nbsp I'm using Lenovo y - with i processor for couple of months I'm just tired of trying to fix it by myself that's why this post My wi-fi connection is I upgraded my os to Windows and had problem with limited connection when you had to disconnect and connect again on network so it works I tried many things but lately I've installed some new drivers Lenovo y50-70 Wi-Fi reconnecting all the time and so far this situation didn't came back But still there is some loss of connection because when I try to play some mmo games I keep getting server disconnected which I assume is by wifi still got some issue with my laptop EDIT wifi card is broadcom ac bcm drivers from - broadcom wlan nbsp Can I please get any help I can provide any info about specs or whatever just let me know which ones hopefully there is some savior for this because I'm really tired of this issue and to be honest I didn't expected that when I was buying this machine Solved Go to Solution

A:Lenovo y50-70 Wi-Fi reconnecting all the time

Just a suggestion: Try to shut down the unit and your router and modem. After a few minutes, start the modem. Start the router after the modem is fully initialized and wait until it is also initialize. Then start the unit and check the connection.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y50-70-Wi-Fi-reconnecting-all-the-time/td-p/2253574
Relevancy 61.06%

My W7 PC is in "Hibernate" most of the time and I rarely restart it. I would like to do what most people are trying to avoid: I would LIKE TO have a chkdsk run on all drives every time I boot. Is there an easy way to do this? Further, might there be any way to distinguish between "this chkdsk is being run because you want it run every time" vs. "the chkdsk is being run because the dirty bit is set (you had a problem)"?

A:have a chkdsk run on all drives every time I boot

Hello,

How strange. If you open cmd and type the following then it should mark the partition as dirty and start up with a chkdsk:

"fsutil dirty set C:"

(Put any other drives you want on the end as well). It maybe worth adding it as a scheduled task. There wont be a way to distinguish because you will be doing it every time you boot. Bare in mind that if you have lots of data then it could take a lot of time to check. Using Hibernated files isnt a great idea really.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/220282-have-chkdsk-run-all-drives-every-time-i-boot.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Weird issue I have drives of on a Win Pro computer mapped on a Win XP SP computer on Mapped Drives Network Solved: Drives on & my home network IT Solved: Mapped Drives & Drives on Network connects to ALL YET that same Win XP computer will NOT access those same drives on the Win computer through the network unmapped giving the message quot hostname X is not accessible quot but WILL connect to the other drives All drives have the same sharing and security settings Baffled any ideas Log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- T-USB Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Solved: Mapped Drives & Drives on Network nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
My pc was working perfectly for about a year now, but these days it started having problems.
In the past few weeks it started disconnecting from the internet with the message: you don't have a valid
ip configuration. (It was working on the other pc connected to the router with lan, and on the notebook connected through wifi)
A reboot of the pc/router did always solve my problem in these situations.
Yesterday, my internet connection started connecting/reconnecting, and I couldn't solve it in any way, not with
a restart, and not with that network repair tool (idk it's name, I have hungarian windows). When it stayed connected for more then 2 seconds I was even able to load google, youtube, other sites,
I tried some solutions, like disabling the energy saver settings, setting it to 10mb half duplex, etc, but nothing worked, my
internet kept connecting/reconnecting.
Today I started my pc and it works perfectly.. Any ideas on how to solve it? I have the newest lan driver.

My mobo is Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx.

A:Network keeps reconnecting

It appears that you manually configured the IP for at least one system.
DON'T do that - - make sure all systems use DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-keeps-reconnecting.216254/
Relevancy 57.19%

Recently one of our office computers went down resulting in me deleting the partition and reinstalling windows and now I can t figure out how to reconnect the computer to the network and file sharing in our office I m not a computer tech I m not even an Reconnecting an Office Network to intern in the computer field I am an HVAC technician with a good understanding of computers and programs that they run so my company has me do work in the office when they need anything If someone can post for me a basic guideline Reconnecting to an Office Network of how I could reconnect a Dell Precision Windows XP Home was previously connected so hardware is still in tact to the file-sharing network and be able to access other computers and vice-versa it would be greatly appreciated I ve tried a few things including non-specific internet guides but i don t want to risk putting another computer or the file-sharing out of order I d rather leave it for Pro s Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Reconnecting to an Office Network

Does your company have an IT department/person?

Your office setup might be running a domain and if so, you'll have to get your computer re-added to the domain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-to-an-office-network.855363/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello!
I am having a problem since 1 year ago, and i tried every solution to fix this. My problem is the network connection randomly disconnect and reconnect/ or reconnect, if I restart the modem or the Wifi Router. The network isn't disconnect, if the desktop PC is off.
I tried these solutions:
-buy a new network card
-buy a new Wifi router
-ask a new modem from the ISP
-buy new UTP cables instead of all UTP cables
-i format the winchester and reinstall the windows 2 times
I have not more idea, than fix this, but this is a very angrily problem. I fight this since 1 year and nothing can help.
I'm waiting for all idea or solutions, i can try whatever!
Thank you!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting-4607308/
Relevancy 56.33%

This is a boot up timing issue, does anyone know the registry fix for network comming up. I am on a wired LAN which works ok. However, recently when booting I am getting the message cannot connect to network drives - these are mapped drives to NAS boxes. However, when I access the drives the 'red X's' change to the network symbol and access is working. Its seems the computer wants to connect before the network is up. It is not a credential issue, but boot order. Is there anyway to make the network come up before the computer wants to map to it. Not a problem but a nag.

A:Connecting to Mapped Network Drives at Boot

Not really it's been a known issue since...windows 95 and MS have never really admitted it's a problem....

you can tell your system to run a simple batch file with a delay of 10 seconds or more (depending on your system boot times) on logon using the scheduler

Logon_Network_Drives.bat (should look something like)
net use Y: \\storage\share /persistent:no
net use Z: \\storage\share /USER:username [password] /persistent:no

Disconnect your network drives before you log off/reboot after setting this batch file up to avoid the error message appearing...

There are more complicated ways to do this using vbscript to avoid the batch file box flashing up as well..

This is copied from windows forums , not sure if it'll work...but says he just put the .vbs script into the startup folder..

' Map network drive script - 10000 = 10 seconds
WScript.Sleep(10000)
Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive "F:" , "\\server\files"
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive "M:" , "\\server\music"
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive "P:" , "\\server\Pictures"
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive "S:" , "\\server\disks"
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive "V:" , "\\server\videos"

and some people swear that by editing the registry it's fixed

"To configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value, follow these steps:
Click Start , type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\SystemPoint to New , and then click DWORD Value .Type EnableLinkedConnections , and then press ENTER.Right-click EnableLinkedConnections , and then click Modify .In the Value data box, type 1 , and then click OK .Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer."

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45349-connecting-mapped-network-drives-boot.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a windows desktop with an SSD and regular mechanical hard drive where I keep my data I also have a laptop with a small SSD as well I wanted to keep the laptop free of non-critical data so I decided to setup a file share between my desktop win home prem and my laptop Win pro I was able share the files and navigate to my desktop through my reconnecting bootup network Mapped drive on not laptop I successfully mapped the folder as a network drive and all was well Then I rebooted and I was disconnected from it it remembered that it was there but I needed to manually connect to it and I needed to provide my login credentials There is no password just a username What is causing this and is there a way to get around this Also is there a way to set a timeout because if my desktop is not on and I want to use my laptop the boot times are much longer Mapped network drive not reconnecting on bootup compared to when I don't have the mapped network drive on my laptop at all

A:Mapped network drive not reconnecting on bootup

Hi there,
Although it's unlikely this was missed out, did you tick the checkbox when you mapped the network drive that allows you to reconnect at login?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/264490-mapped-network-drive-not-reconnecting-bootup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All Devices range from laptops - gt Workstations - gt Server the operating systems having issues are Win machines and the equipment I'm connecting them to is a Server Server Western Digital NAS Server Server I've recently had be The while reconnecting network location - rea occurred error cannot an issue with this error on multiple PC's at my shop and the end result is I cannot connect to any networked device but I do have internet and I can see the devices in my workgroup under the quot Network quot drop error occurred while reconnecting - The network location cannot be rea down in File Explorer So far the only changes I can see that happened during this problem starting up is Windows updates over the last few weeks I already ran the batch file from the sticky provided by quot shadowjk quot just in case however I also ran all those commands manually prior to looking here and the results were the same before and after So far I have tried Uninstalling reinstalling all NIC drivers deleting all managed networks Removing all antivirus firewalls safe mode w networking system restore to a point prior to updates Changing workgroup to attempt to connect to personal server server standard Here is some info that might help note I changed the MAC addresses to quot X quot for the post only the real readout shows the correct information Code c windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ryan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday June AM Lease Expires Tuesday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CA - DB- F-A E-CF E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d f feaf Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe d f feaf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap CDBC - - E-B D -FF C B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes c windows system gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Bluetooth Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- RYAN-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No n... Read more

A:error occurred while reconnecting - The network location cannot be rea

This problem still persists, however I have added the following to my troubleshooting:
Configured my user profile on a new computer, it works flawlessly
configured a known working user configuration other than my own on my computer, it does NOT work at all, same problem as mine.
Unhid *Administrator* and performed driver removal and re-install from that user account just in case, no change

Any networking gurus out there, please feel free to ask questions. I'd be happy to produce more information to help solve this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292423-error-occurred-while-reconnecting-network-location-cannot-rea.html
Relevancy 55.9%

In the past I had used an iOmega and a Seagate Black Armor NAS shares network delay reconnecting huge to both run Linux both ran perfectly fine until they eventually died I next switched to an Apple TimeCapsule for both network storage and as a router wap The TC turned out not to be the best idea as the hdd in them is huge delay reconnecting to network shares narcoleptic that is to say the drive goes to sleep very quickly and it is annoying to wait seconds for the drive to spin up if you let it idle for only a very few minutes However as you ll soon read I jumped from the fat to the fire So I had a Dell T running full-time anyway I bought two WD Red NAS TB HDDs and installed them and set them up in Windows RAID Almost right away I noticed this weird issue and that is after the initial connection to the Dell if the client was allowed to idle for very long several minutes and especially if it s a laptop and it goes to sleep reconnecting to the Dell can take many minutes So I started over and used Intel Hardware RAID - same result So in summary initial connections to my Dell T happen almost instantly reconnecting or maybe more precisely just accessing the T after an extended period on inactivity can result in many minutes of delay It matters not whether it s a wired or wireless connection it matters not whether it is a laptop or desktop this happens whether the client is my MacBook Pro my Asus desktop running W Home Premium my hp dv running Fedora my wife s Dell running W my really old Inspiron running XP The ONLY difference that I see is that occasionally the T will absolutely refuse to allow the Inspiron to reconnect until I reboot the T aside from that the problem manifests exactly the same despite the platform hardware OS I ve been researching this off and on for weeks but cannot find anything on it that is exactly like my situation I d sure like to solve this I ve used a similar setup in the past with a RAID card in an old hp running Fedora and had no trouble If I cannot fix this I guess I ll just have to bite the bullet and by a NAS enclosure and install the WD HDDs in it and see if it runs ok nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/huge-delay-reconnecting-to-network-shares.1119971/
Relevancy 55.9%

My son was recently given a three year old laotop computer. It was originally connected to a DSL connection and I use a Cable connection. It has a built in wireless 802.11g card and a 10/100 interface. I configured it to connect wirelessly to my wireless router. The connection is established and DHCP assigns it a network address. Every 20-30 seconds it drops the connection and imediately reacqires a new connection. I disabled the wireless card and enabled the 10/100 LAN connection. Same thing. The router makes the connection, asigns a valid IP address, drops it, and imediately reastablishes the connection. The TCP/IP stack looks good. The link speed is right. Could it be conflict with some pre existing software? Maybe the old DSL software ot some instant messaging program. I loaded new antivirus software and ran a complete sucessful scan. Any thoughts what it could be?

A:Laptop Network Connection Dropping and Reconnecting

"Drops the connection" means what?

Do you use any software firewalls? VPN software? Packet sniffers?

Try updating the router firmware..

What is the DHCP lease time on the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-network-connection-dropping-and-reconnecting.64410/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I am running XP Home SP3 on an Asus 1005HA netbook

Every time I boot up I get a message to say that either I can press F1 to enter setup to set date/time or press F2 to load default values

If I choose F1 and enter the correct date/time and press F10 to save and exit - XP then starts up normally but the next time I boot up, the same problem occurs.

[If I select F2, then XP loads normally]

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks for any help in advance

A:Solved: CMOS Set date/time message every time I boot up

Your motherboard battery is dead. You can get a new one at any drug store for about $5.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cmos-set-date-time-message-every-time-i-boot-up.1006063/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi all,

I have a network at home of roughly 4-6 pc's and when i plug in the network to my pc on my onboard Network "A8N-SLI Premium mobo" it connectes and reconnects.

the mobo has Two network ports on it and on both it does the same thing. my Switch isnt gigabit speed but my PC is 10/1000. all the other pc's on my network are all normal 10/100.

i had placed in a PCI 10/100 network card and that works fine...

can anyone help?

A:Asus Mobo - Onboard network connecting and reconnecting

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-onboard-network-connecting-and-reconnecting.580517/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey folks- hoping i could network finding constantly not Wireless disconnecting, reconnecting, get some advice or at least some troubleshooting diagnostics steps to take on an extremely frustrating problem i m having connecting to the internet wirelessly here s what i m working with Gateway GZ Windows XP Home Edition SP Intel PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Driver version Intel Pentium M processor GHz GB RAM I m trying to connect wirelessly to an Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network Airport Time Capsule connection at the office for the most part up until a couple days ago this connection worked well since i ve started having problems other computers at the office Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network all macs have still been able to connect Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network perfectly so the problem seems to be isolated to my computer what happens is that my computer basically will not connect to the internet and when it does disconnects after or seconds looks for the network connects and then repeats it all sometimes when it reconnects it tells me that i m connecting to an unsecured network even though the network is password-protected the quality of the connection varies from quot no signal quot to quot very good quot to quot excellent quot all within the span of a minute or two i also intermittently get the following messages quot this network has limited or no connectivity quot with the little exclamation point inside the yellow triangle quot unable to connect to preferred wireless network quot sometimes when i click on quot view available wireless networks quot it can t find any on the first or second try and then finds the correct network tries to connect and repeats the cycle described above sometimes it ll stay connected for minutes or even - minutes and then suddenly drop off help nbsp

A:Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-constantly-disconnecting-reconnecting-not-finding-network.791902/
Relevancy 55.47%

so here is an oddball question. how would i go about reconnecting to a network share drive, after changing the ip address of the computer im using, using a command prompt?

A:reconnecting to a network drive after changing computer ip address

You'd connect to it the same way as before. Changing a computer's IP address shouldn't prevent you from connecting to a network share unless you gave the computer an IP address on a different range, in which case you'd need to change that devices IP address to match the new network IP scheme. Can you clarify what you did and what IP addresses the network device and the computer have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-to-a-network-drive-after-changing-computer-ip-address.1149753/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Guys,

When I am connected to the office network, my laptop tapes about 1.5min to boot.
If I am disconnected it is 1.5 + 2minutes to boot.
If I boot in safe mode (not connected to office) its 1.5min
If I boot in safe mode with networking (not connected to office) it is 1.5 + 2min

I tried turning everything off in msconfig. all the services (non microsoft) and everything in startup. It did not change a thing.
I have tried the following two things.
- Local Computer Policy/Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/User Profiles "Set maximum wait time for the network if a user has a roaming...."to 0

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\
DelayedDesktopSwitchTimeout to 0
It didn't help. Can someone help me pinpoint what is delaying the bootup?
Specs
Hp Elitebook 8540w
Windows? 7 Professional 64
Intel? Core? i7-620M Processor (2.66 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache)
8G Ram DDR3
NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M graphics with 1 GB

A:No Network +2min to boot time

Hi! tilhasbb, welcome to 7F

How long has this configuration been running, Has this just happened?

Are you the only one that has access to this machine?
How are permissions handled?
Can you re-create the problem, and then see what event viewer has to say about it? Try to correlate event timed with your recreation.
This may help with event viewer:
Event Viewer - Create a Custom System Monitoring

Quote: Originally Posted by tilhasbb

Hello Guys,

When I am connected to the office network, my laptop tapes about 1.5min to boot.
If I am disconnected it is 1.5 + 2minutes to boot.
If I boot in safe mode (not connected to office) its 1.5min
If I boot in safe mode with networking (not connected to office) it is 1.5 + 2min

1'.5" isn't too bad, but there may be something wrong with your network setup.
Do you have a habit of leaving USB devices in, and/or a HDD attached to this machine when you start-up?

I tried turning everything off in msconfig. all the services (non microsoft) and everything in startup. It did not change a thing.

For now we can leave these where they sit.
You can check Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Service Configurations by Black Viper or Pac-mans portal Windows startup programs. What are they? Are they required? How can I disable them?
But be forewarned. Be very careful how you use these sites. One wrong move, and you will be doing a re-install.

I have tried the following two things.
- Local Computer Policy/Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/User Profiles "Set maximum wait time for the network if a user has a roaming...."to 0

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\
DelayedDesktopSwitchTimeout to 0
It didn't help. Can someone help me pinpoint what is delaying the bootup?

Can you change these back to their original values?

Specs
Hp Elitebook 8540w
Windows? 7 Professional 64
Intel? Core? i7-620M Processor (2.66 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache)
8G Ram DDR3
NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M graphics with 1 GB

The video card could also be the culprit; poor seating in the socket, and make sure its drivers are up to date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130957-no-network-2min-boot-time.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hello all after changing and changing the CMOS battery on my pc i have come to the conclusion that my cmos battery port is bad and i currently do not have the money to change the MOBO, so my question is, on start up is there a way to sync windows time to a server or something so that it will always be ontrack??? thanks for the feedback and no syncing with internet time via official time app does not work next reboot the time is off again...

A:[Q] how to boot windows 7 on a network time

Really there is no program that can do this???

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/286566-q-how-boot-windows-7-network-time.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey all constantly disconnecting Unidentified 7 Windows and Network issue, keeps reconnecting I found this forum while googling possible solutions to this problem but with no luck About a week ago after getting a new ISP and router my computer connected fine to the new wireless network my old ISP was Verizon and we had wireless DSL and my PC had no problems It went into sleep mode some time later and since then I ve been having this nonstop unidentified network problem that I ve tried multiple Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly things to fix but nothing has worked so far Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly It basically drops out the connection and my home network becomes unidentified and doesn t work Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly and then randomly reconnects and it happens over and over Sometimes when it connects it connects to NetworkProfile which seems to be exactly the same as my router s connection so I don t know if that s like a duplicate connection that was made or not I have no clue All I ve pinpointed so far is that it s definitely a computer issue My older laptop also Windows my iPhone my dad s iPhone and even his old Vista netbook can connect with no issues but with my PC it ll be connected then some time later it ll disconnect and say the network is unidentified and public This happens repeatedly It goes from this To this I also tried connecting to another network a hotspot created by my iPhone and it did the same thing so it s definitely not my new wireless service Might be a problem between my computer and wireless networks in general So I ve tried many different things and nothing has worked This includes uninstalling and reinstalling my old network adapter checking for drivers resetting the IP stack deleted Bonjour many things that come up when you google the problem I even got a new not too expensive thankfully network adapter and it still occurs It s irritating because this sounds like a very common issue with Windows and even looks like Was hoping some people could help out and help me pinpoint the issue here because this has been driving me nuts for a long time My last resort would be to reinstall Windows or do a factory reset but apparently that doesn t fix the issue and knowing my luck it d be the same with me Thank you to anyone who takes their time to read this and help me nbsp

A:Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-unidentified-network-issue-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-constantly.1149651/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all, I am running Vista Ultimate and have mapped a network drive which is on my file server (running Ubuntu 7.04). Vista maps it without any problems, but when I restart the computer, the message "could not reconnect all network drives" appears and find that I have to type the samba login name & password again. I have the Reconnect at logon box selected (as shown in screenshot below), so why is it not auto logging on?

A:Mapped network drive not auto reconnecting at startup - Vista

I just happened to see this so thought I'd mention...

I ran into the same problem with our only Vista user. The share mounts fine once the system has booted but it fails just as you reported for remembered connections. In our case the server is Windows Server 2003. I haven't made any real attempts to understand the problem but I threw a quick net use batch at it until time permits.

Just in case, create a batch file with:

net use mountdriveletter: \\server\share /user:username password

Put it or a shortcut to it into your startup programs directory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive-not-auto-reconnecting-at-startup-vista.593131/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having some frustrating trouble with my CD drives currently I m afraid what follows is an ineloquent description of the symptoms my system is experiencing as I haven t any clue what the read; time no drives drives longer if CD are long closed start-up direct problem CD drives no longer read; long start-up time if drives are closed is I would truly appreciate some help I have a CD drive for reading and a seperate drive for burning The burning drive won t recognize any CD - blank or with content The reading drive still can read audio CDs but only in a round-about way I am on Windows XP I ve had both drives for a few years They both worked perfectly up until last week Both drives still open and close More curiously if either drive is closed when I am rebooting my computer I get at least minutes of a blank screen before my Window log-in screen appears The log-in page will load immediately if I then open both drives or if I open them during the reboot but before I get the long delay screen When I click on the reading drive through quot My Computer quot I get an error message saying that there s no associated file type for the drive However if I put an audio CD in that drive I can still access the music through iTunes and WinAmp both programs I ve had unchanged for years The burning drive won t recognize any CD period blank or otherwise It therefor doesn t burn either My own unsuccessful troubleshooting I have a recent Symantec virus scanning program that is completely updated It can find no viruses on my system I uninstalled the burning drive thinking perhaps the drivers were corrupted but when Windows automatically reinstalled the drive after restarting the computer the problem persists I ve been all through the Device Manager to make sure the proper preferences are turned on I believe I know that the drives aren t physically damaged and are connected properly to the harddrive The only thing that I can think of that may have caused this was a recent program installation I installed MaxMSP for a course I am taking However the msi install file wouldn t load with my computer and so I download a WGAPlugin from the Windows website so I could view the file It didn t work I figured out I could read the msi file through Internet Explorer later on and was then able to install the program I can t recall if I have burned a CD after that installation but I don t believe I have I am at a loss and the end of my limited knowledge of what I can do to troubleshoot on my own Could the registry files be damaged Is it the drivers A virus that I can t find PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I mapped 5~6 network drive which make my Win7 boot time slow when come to welcome screen around taking 1~2 min to load the desktop. (Ctrl+Alt+Del cannot interrupt the loading progress..)

Is there any way to increase loading time but at the same time I also wanna to retain my mapped drive there without disconnect them even I'm offline or not using it?

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mapped-network-drive-slow-down-boot-time-627720.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have had a lot of issues lately, had to do a complete recovery using factory pre-installed backup. I have a post about my OS hanging that somehow isn't an issue at the moment, but seems to be intermittent.

Now, every time I boot my system, my network adapters don't pick up wireless signals, and I have to go into device manager, uninstall and reinstall the drivers, then it picks up signals right away. It's just a pain in the neck. What can I do to manage this issue. By the way, my VPN TAP has nothing to do with the issue, I've tried disabling my VPN before shutdown and uninstalling the TAP.

A:Every time I boot, have to uninstall and re-install network adapters.

Here's the system info on my network devices:

[Network]

[Adapter]

Item Value
Name [00000000] WAN Miniport (SSTP)
Adapter Type Not Available
Product Type WAN Miniport (SSTP)
Installed Yes
PNP Device ID ROOT\MS_SSTPMINIPORT\0000
Last Reset 10/12/2015 5:40 AM
Index 0
Service Name RasSstp
IP Address Not Available
IP Subnet Not Available
Default IP Gateway Not Available
DHCP Enabled No
DHCP Server Not Available
DHCP Lease Expires Not Available
DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available
MAC Address Not Available
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rassstp.sys (6.1.7600.16385, 82.00 KB (83,968 bytes), 7/13/2009 7:10 PM)

Name [00000001] WAN Miniport (IKEv2)
Product Type WAN Miniport (IKEv2)
Installed Yes
PNP Device ID ROOT\MS_AGILEVPNMINIPORT\0000
Index 1
Service Name RasAgileVpn
IP Address Not Available
IP Subnet Not Available
DHCP Enabled No
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\agilevpn.sys (6.1.7600.16385, 59.00 KB (60,416 bytes), 7/13/2009 7:10 PM)

Name [00000002] WAN Miniport (L2TP)
Product Type WAN Miniport (L2TP)
Installed Yes
PNP Device ID ROOT\MS_L2TPMINIPORT\0000
Index 2
Service Name Rasl2tp
IP Address Not Available
IP Subnet Not Available
DHCP Enabled No
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rasl2tp.sys (6.1.7601.17514, 126.50 KB (129,536 bytes), 2/18/2011 1:49 PM)

Name [00000003] WAN Miniport (PPTP)
Product Type WAN Miniport (PPTP)
Installed Yes
PNP Device ID ROOT\MS_PPTPMINIPORT\0000
Index 3
Service Name PptpMiniport
IP Address Not Available
IP Subnet Not Available
DHCP Enabled No
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\raspptp.sys (6.1.7601.17514, 108.50 KB (111,104 bytes), 2/18/2011 1:49 PM)

Name [00000004] WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
Product Type WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
Installed Yes
PNP Device ID ROOT\MS_PPPOEMINIPORT\0000
Index 4
Service Name RasPppoe
IP Address Not Available
IP Subnet Not Available
DHCP Enabled No
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\raspppoe.sys (6.1.7600.16385, 90.50 KB (92,672 bytes), 7/13/2009 7:10 PM)

Name [00000005] WAN Miniport (IPv6)
Product Type WAN Miniport (IPv6)
Installed Yes
PNP Device ID ROOT\MS_NDISWANIPV6\0000
Index 5
Service Name NdisWan
IP Address Not Available
IP Subnet Not Available
DHCP Enabled No
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\n... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383400-every-time-i-boot-have-uninstall-re-install-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 52.46%

After running a Avast boot time scan on a Aspire running Windows the laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop which cant be fixed Cannot get into safe mode either Problem details from the failed startup repair - OsVersionMismatch Recovery options using the windows Avast running Windows time boot [SOLVED] after won't scan boot - installation disk [SOLVED] Windows won't boot after running Avast boot time scan - gave me an error I was using a version of recovery tools that was not compatible with my version of Windows Using the command prompt I have [SOLVED] Windows won't boot after running Avast boot time scan - tried chkdsk r but it says the disc is write protected Next I ran diskpart and cleared the write protection on C drive Tried chkdsk r again - this is what I got X Sources gt chkdsk r The type of file system is NTFS Cannot lock the current drive Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected The problem details from the failed startup repair read as follows Problem signature Problem event name StartupRepairOffline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature unknown Problem signature Problem signature AutoFailover Problem signature Problem signature OsVersionMismatch OS Version LocalID Any help is appreciated

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi All,

Is there a freeware utility with which I can sync a folder on my network drive with a folder on my hard drive at a chosen interval?

Thanks for your time,

A:Solved: sync network drives

SyncToy and Windows Scheduler should do it. See the SyncToy help file for how to schedule it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sync-network-drives.533377/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm suddenly having trouble with my network drives in Window bit They are connected via a DNS network enclosure connect drives [SOLVED] not will Network They do not connect when I boot up The drive letters display in my file manager with red x's through the drive letters which are quot O quot and quot P quot I do have Network Magic installed and the two drives are readily accessible there but Network Magic does not display any drive letters But I can access files and copy and paste and delete within those two drives via [SOLVED] Network drives will not connect Network Magic But since I use some scripts involving these drives the scripts will not of course run as their drive letters are not recognized If I got into the option to map drives they are already mapped with letters O and P but they are not accessible I tried quot disconnecting quot the quot O quot drive to see [SOLVED] Network drives will not connect if would return on the next boot but it did not So now it no [SOLVED] Network drives will not connect longer shows in the drive listings In the past the quot cannot connect quot message uses to appear after bootup But if I then went into either Windows Explorer or Opus and saw the red X over the drive letter and clicked on it it the X would then disappear and the drive was available Then it seems that Windows tried to connect before the network was recognized so clicking on it after bootup removed the X From my Google searches this problem of not recognizing the network drives seems to be very common But I've not yet found a solution Any help here would be appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Network drives will not connect

Hi Bocaire,

I have moved your Thread from Microsoft to Networking Support to better assist you.

====================
I would recommend to uninstall Network Magic and just do the native network file sharing. Using a NAS will be easier to configure file sharing. :grin"

Do you only have one computer that's connected to your D-Link NAS? There's no need to use Network Magic, mapping a network drive by using it's IP or NAS's Name would work. Make sure that the User Name and Password created in your NAS matches the LogIn credentials in your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-network-drives-will-not-connect-639598.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just replaced my linksys router with a d-link DIR615.

I set up the new router exactly the same as my old linksys (same DHCP address ranges, etc).

All of my computers can get to the internet, but they cannot see each other. It used to work with the Linksys. I'm stumped. I can use the Dlink WebGUI to see each computer on the LAN and their IP addresses but I cannot ping them from one computer to another.

Any help is appreciated. Oh, and I've turned off my computer firewalls - so it's not that.

-Dore

A:Solved: Can't map network drives, or ping

I'm stumped too, since that end of the DIR-615 has no effect on local networking.

I'm guessing that you have a firewall configured for the subnet that the Linksys used. Failure to ping is almost always a firewall issue, and since they all connect through the router, networking is obviously working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-map-network-drives-or-ping.882191/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have some wireless Netbooks running XP, that are occasionally not picking up all the mapped network drives that the logon script depicts. The most common being the users save drive.

The logon script works fine upon ethernet between all other computers, so the issue maybe related to the WIRELESS network.

oNet.MapNetworkDrive "driveletter:", "\\servername\drivename" is the command from the logon script.

Side notes-
*Sometimes the drive is there, but nothing inside.
*Had some trouble on our new Win7 computers originally, although no longer. I believe it was a different problem.
*All profiles/user folders have been given full access for the purpose of seeing if it a security issue, has not made a difference.

Any common faults that could be causing this issue?

cheers,
Frenz

Relevancy 51.17%

My company has 3 network drives. When I browse to a folder that has shortcuts to network drives, Windows XP automatically creates the mapping. This is unwanted behavior because whenever I go back to that folder, it recreates the drive mappings all over again and I wind up using all the drive letters Windows assigns and 15 mapped drives all mapped to the same place.

My guess to why it does this is might be a group policy (we have AD and use Group Policy) setting somewhere on our 2008 R2 server. If it is a GP setting, I don't know what it would be. I inherited this network about a month ago, so I'm still figuring out what they have done.

A:Solved: Network Drives Reconnect Automatically

It's not pretty, but I think I got it fixed.
I just changed where the shortcuts were pointing and that fixed it. Don't know why I didn't think of that before...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-drives-reconnect-automatically.932214/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys,

Im hoping someone can advise or point to a good tutorial.

I have a couple of XP Pro machines hooked up to a router, all are getting internet and all are seeing each other in my network computers. But when you click to access one of the network PC's seen in the home netowrk you get an error and cant get in..

Some times its working but mostly its doing this.

I think I have set up the right permissions althought Im sure to be wrong..
I can access the other pc's using FTP so it must be a windows permisssion im mising?

Any assistance in the basic steps so I know I have them covered would be very welcome.
Thanks
Tag

A:Solved: Unable to access XP network drives from XP PC

Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-access-xp-network-drives-from-xp-pc.811718/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

My problem is with all the users files on the file server don't all show-up. Some stay as 'My Documents'. Please see attached.

I believe there is something to delete within the folders to make it show the names properly, but I can't remember.

James.

A:Solved: Files showing on network drives

It is the desktop.ini file. Sorry to bother you with such a simple request.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-files-showing-on-network-drives.1081281/
Relevancy 51.17%

You know how in Windows XP, you can map a drive letter to a network share? Well, that only allows you to map 26 drives, minus your system drives. So is there a program I can download that will map one network drive, and when I go into it, I see folders, and when I go into a folder, it is going to a network location?

So what would normally be one network drive mapped to a drive letter is then viewed as one drive letter with folders, each of which point to seperate shares, and therefore, by the way, the permissions stay intact too, because it's accessing the shares.

My whole problem in this case, is that I've got more than 26 drives I need to share, and at least one user, needs them all mapped at one time. So if I simply viewed it as a single mapped drive in that case, it would work perfectly.

Relevancy 51.17%

Working on a friend s computer her complaint started with just log drives, plz reconnect network Can't Solved: w/HJT mapped help a sluggish computer She found and attempted to remove tcp exe but of course it kept reappearing after restart By the time I got to check the machine it would no longer restablish it s network mapped drives Keeps kicking back with quot Network path not found quot on both I ve renamed my laptop to her settings and was able to connect easily to her network and see map her Solved: Can't reconnect mapped network drives, plz help w/HJT log drives to my laptop But the minute I go back and plug in the network cable and restart her machine it still kicks back w quot path not found quot I ve run Ad-Aware and Solved: Can't reconnect mapped network drives, plz help w/HJT log cleaned it down from critical to I ve run Spybot and found DSO Exploits and quot Error During Check Cabrotor Datei C Winnt win ini kann nicht geoffnet werden quot Solved: Can't reconnect mapped network drives, plz help w/HJT log which Spybot says it fixes all I ve run Trojan Hunter and cleaned trojan though it alerted to possible trojans Now I m down to running HJT I ve attempted to remove fix the O record for rvsbil dat but it keeps coming back And the references to libsvr concern me but I can t find any info on it anywhere on the web I ve tried running HJT while in safe-mode to fix libsvr and rvsbil but they come back after restart Will someone please take a look at the following log and help me get this machine clean I m not sure what files need to be removed to stop the bad stuff from coming back TIA Sherrie ---------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system csrss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C WINNT system hpnra exe C WINNT Mixer exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C WINNT inf CATALOG libsvr exe C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks Components QBAgent qbdagent exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINNT system zstatus exe C hjt HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - F FB - AF - B-B BA- F F E - C DOCUME Robyne LOCALS Temp rvsbil dat O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run WEPStat WEPStat exe O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run HP Network Registry Agent C WINNT system hpnra exe O - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer Mixer exe startup O - HKLM Run IntelliType quot C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe quot O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run PDF Converter Registry Controller quot C Program Files ScanSoft PDF Converter Professional PDFConv RegistryController exe quot O - HKLM Run THGuard quot C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe quot O - HKLM Run libsvr C WINNT inf CATALOG libsvr exe O - HKLM Run MSConfig C Documents and Settings Robyne Desktop msconfig exe auto O - HKCU Run Symantec NetDriver Monito... Read more

A:Solved: Can't reconnect mapped network drives, plz help w/HJT log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-reconnect-mapped-network-drives-plz-help-w-hjt-log.301791/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello --

I have a weird little issue and was wondering if there is a way to do this. When you go into My Computer and set the view to details, there will be a name, type, total size, free space, and comments bar (thats if the comments bar is checked).

Is there any way to add a comment to your C drive or a network shared drive?

Thanks,
E

A:Solved: Add comments to disk/network drives

Okay, seems like I found the solution. Whenever you map to a network drive and want a comment field next to it, you have to create a desktop.ini doc in the folder that you are mapping too. In the desktop.ini doc you have to put this:

[.ShellClassInfo]
InfoTip=Testing comments section

Of course, you can put anything where it says "Testing comments section"

This should allow you to see a comment next to a network drive.

Just thought I would share this with ppl on the forum. Marking this thread as solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-add-comments-to-disk-network-drives.752727/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am using a Gateway GM commpter with XP Pro automatically kept up to date On I lost the connex to the internet via a DI Router internet continues to work on my other machines via that Lost w/ CD Solved: Adapt connex both & Network Drives router Solved: Lost connex w/ Network Adapt & both CD Drives On examining the issue with Device Manager I find that the Network adapter reports OK but the my DVD CD-rom Drives show a yellow And they are not listed in lt My Computer gt folder I restored my system to the restore point lt prior to gt an automatically generated restore-pt labeled quot am SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE quot On and I had full internet access This did not fix the two above issues Then I tried to restore to a day earlier But Solved: Lost connex w/ Network Adapt & both CD Drives that resulted in a report that the RESTORE could not be done I then using Device Manager I un-installed the items and rebooted The machine re-installed the network adapter and the CD drives but the internet connection and the drives are still gone As a further note this machine is almost always running as I use BOINC and do SETI computations the only time it is off is when I do an occasional reboot to start with a fresh opearting sysem or when a reboot is demanded on installing s w updates I am at the edge of my kowledge What should be my next step Heinz nbsp

A:Solved: Lost connex w/ Network Adapt & both CD Drives

I say pop open the case and see if your drives aren't loose or something. It may be as simple as that. :\

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-connex-w-network-adapt-both-cd-drives.805419/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi all:

Im wondering i it is possible to set my s.o and boot files in this way:

1) DISK C:\ --> 10 mb size to store all boot files ( ntdrl, boot ini etc...)
2) DISK D:\ --> WIN 2000 files ( program files, windows ...)
3) DISK E:\ --> WIN XP 64X ( program files, windows ...)
How do I do that?

A:Solved: managing boot in drives

Make the 10MB drive the primary partition and then the other two partitions would be logical drives in an extended partition. Install Windows 2000 first, then Windows XP. Windows XP will automatically set up a boot menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-managing-boot-in-drives.977668/
Relevancy 50.31%

i recently took a two hard drives out of another computer and into another, but when they are conected and i turn on my computer
nothing at all is shown exept for a blank screen what could be wrong??
p.s please reply soon i need to sell it as i am moving

[This message has been edited by route666 (edited 01-25-2001).]

A:{SOLVED} hard drives + Boot up don't mix!!

First thing Check your cables. I know that if even one is backwards you get nothing at all.
Next did you change your bios settings for the new hard drives?

Those are the things that have happend to me.

Aj

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hard-drives-boot-up-dont-mix.35008/
Relevancy 50.31%

I see a lot about installing Vista on a separate partition in order to be able to dual boot, but can it be installed on a separate hard drive and still dual boot?

I have XP on one drive, and will be puting another drive in to install Vista on . . would like to be able to boot to either Operating System

A:Solved: Solved: Dual boot with separate drives

you should be able to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-dual-boot-with-separate-drives.538885/
Relevancy 50.31%

As you see in the screenshot Explorer just sits there trying to load the folder I've requested This happens seemingly randomly at with Explorer load network folders/drives drives. mounted can't least I haven't been able to find a pattern If I unmount all network drives the problem disappears Sometimes it loads within a few seconds while some other time it can keep loading for several minutes preventing me from doing anything useful As you can imagine this is very frustrating One solution to temporarily bypass this is to cut the network connection and open the folder I need and then reconnect the network System -Windows Home Pro -ZyXEL NAS with latest firmware I've gone through several firmware updates since purchase -Other devices mounted as network drives for easy access e g Android phone Shield Android TV etc -Router Netgear WNR Lv with Tomato firmware by Shibby Same as NAS gone through several firmware upgrades -downgrades problem persists The router is Master Browser and WINS Server and these features are turned off on Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives. the NAS ipconfig all shows WINS Server as router

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58093-explorer-cant-load-folders-drives-mounted-network-drives.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My computer network - Solved: net time problems On with is showing one hour behind all other computers on the network I am running Windows XP sp The PDC is a Windows server called COLADC A secondary server at a different location is CHSDC This is a print out of my attempt to fix the time on my compter Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Solved: On network - problems with net time Settings jamese gt net time Current time at CHSDC is Local time GMT- at CHSDC is The command completed successfully C Documents and Settings jamese gt net time COLADC set Current time at COLADC is Local time GMT- at COLADC is The current local clock is Do you want to set the local computer s time to match the time at COLADC Y N Y Y The command completed successfully C Documents and Settings jamese gt net time Current time at CHSDC is Local time GMT- at CHSDC is The command completed successfully C Documents and Settings jamese gt The server displays the correct time On my machine the time zone is set correctly The check box for automatically adjust Solved: On network - problems with net time clock for daylight savings changes is checked Suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Anyone successfully fixed the Could not reconnect all network drives error at boot? I get it most of the time with a wired Ethernet connection. I've done a lot of searching and tried different things but nothing seems to work. This started a few months ago, was not there initially with Windows 8, 8.1 or 8.1.1.

With XP, you could do this to fix it:

Control Panel
Folder Options
View
Uncheck "Automatically search for network folders and printers"

This is no longer an option in Windows 8 (I think it disappeared with Vista).

A:Fix "Could not reconnect all network drives" error at boot

I never found a fix. When mapping a network drive in Explorer I uncheck the automatically reconnect option.
I had several .cmd files with net use statments to connect what I wanted once I got to the desktop.

This article is for W7 but it may be the same for 8:
System Administrators' Library: Mapped network drives in Windows 7 Registry

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51197-fix-could-not-reconnect-all-network-drives-error-boot.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I am not in a domain environment. I have a server box running Datacenter 2008 R2. I have 3 shares that I am mapping to my machine that do not require credentials when mapping. On boot I always receive "Could not reconnect all network drives" notification/bubble.

Things I have attempted:
1. Enable in gpedit > Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon AND Run logon scripts synchronously
2. Attempted to create a logon script to remove and remap the drives (in vbs, failed)
3. Set a static IP address on wireless interface
4. Create DWORD "RestoreDiskChecked" in HKEY _CURRENT_USER > Network
5. Input server credentials in Windows Credential Manager of "servername\user" and password
6. Verified on server side that Everyone, Admins, and Users have full control of all shares
7. Disabled on server all Password protected sharing in advanced sharing settings

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Open to workarounds, just want the pop up gone.

A:"Could not reconnect all network drives" pop up on boot Windows 7U x64

Hi and Welcome to SevenForums.

Good Luck with this. If you ever fin d a solution, please post it here. This has been a problem with Windows 7 since it was released.

The only workaround I could find was to use a utility called "mapdrive".
A local policy log on script is run at log on to map each of the drives. Problem is, I have 13 shares and it's not that quick. You can use the computer while it's mapping drives, and it doesn't impact on the computers performance.

I ended up removing it and putting up with the pop up as the drives were available sooner. Even though some brain dead applications (notably Adobe products), will fail when the map drive is "disconnected".

If you want to check out the mapdrive tool have a look here: Zorn Software ? Blog Archive ? Windows 7 disconnected network drives - Simplicity is the Essence of Good Design

There is also a discussion on this forum about this issue here: A Solution to Could not reconnect all network drives

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307336-could-not-reconnect-all-network-drives-pop-up-boot-windows-7u-x64.html
Relevancy 49.88%

AIM will disconnect and reconnect. It does this on my laptop and desktop.

Comcast Internet
Linksys Router
Laptop: Windows 7
Desktop: Windows XP

I have tried going to settings, then connection, then auto configure but that changed nothing. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I can live with it but it can be annoying.

Relevancy 49.88%

I used to have my HP 4050T hooked up to my Dell Dimension 3000 printer, running Windows XP about 2 years ago. It has been hooked up to different Dell computer but I decided I wanted to use it with my computer again. So I know the printer has been working fine. There is no message about a print driver not being found....it says its sending to the printer, but nothing prints. I had a HP 5000 hooked up and it worked fine. Using the same cable I had on it, just changed printers. Please help!

A:Solved: Reconnecting HP Laser Jet 4050T

hi , have you cleared spooler queue?

type cmd in run

type in command window

net stop spooler <enter>
net start spooler <enter>

reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reconnecting-hp-laser-jet-4050t.947025/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone my computer has been giving me some problems recently The problem I m having is that my mouse a Logitech G gaming mouse will randomly stop working my computer will freeze for a second and then it will reconnect It makes the sound like I m disconnecting connecting it via USB So far I ve tried updating my mouse drivers and for my keyboard too disconnecting and Mouse itself? Solved: reconnecting which is a Logitech G gaming keyboard switched to all possible USB ports on my computer and tried a general system clean up No luck at all The wire on my mouse isn t frayed or broken at any point either this problem occurs sometimes when I don t even move my mouse Here are some details about my computer OS Windows Ultimate updated with newest service pack CPU Intel i gHz Graphics card GIGABYTE Radeon HD GB RAM GB Thank you in advance If there is any other information that is required please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I have two boot drives in Windows 7 and need to change it to one. Is the right section of the forum.

C is my main boot drive. D drive is bootable but it holds information to boot C drive . How do I change that D drive to function as indicated below. I want to keep C drive as the boot drive and delete most of D drive and use it for storage.
According to easy BCD: Default: Windows 7 Timeout: 30 seconds
Boot Drive: D:\

Name: Windows 7
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #2
Name: Windows 7 Home Premium
BCD ID: {85f100df-6a2d-11e2-9ac7-800647930a56}
Drive: D:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

I don't want to have to reinstall C drive now.

What does this mean? Default: Windows 7 Timeout: 30 seconds
Boot Drive: D:\

I do not want to reinstall drive C but I want to get the c: Windows 7 menu.

A:[SOLVED] I have two boot drives in Windows 7 and need to change it to one. Is the rig

Problem solved!!! Halleluia!!! All I did was remove the active status from Drive I and now I have a menu with only C Drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-i-have-two-boot-drives-in-windows-7-and-need-to-change-it-to-one-is-the-rig-685976.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Im running windows XP Prof, I had never had this problem before until now. I formated my hard drive but for some reason it does not want to reboot boot if i dont have the windows XP disk. With out the disc it reboots but gives me a Error msg that it does not find a .table driver.
Im not to high with computer smarts.. I read some where that it could be in my Bios. I checked the bios and not sure what code to use in the bootable side, since there are few choices. IDE1 / 2 / 3 floppy drive , CD and a few others.
How do i know which ones to use? HELP !!!
Hard Drive is a Seagate Barracuda My Mother board is K7S5A.

A:[SOLVED] Boot Bios Set up[moved from h/drives]

Hmmmm......did you already finish installing windows on your computer with all of the computer hardware drivers installed as well?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-boot-bios-set-up-moved-from-h-drives-236210.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a curious problem with a slow boot time when any USB storage device is connected Boot time with Win increases by min from min Does not matter which USB port I use front panel PCI card or mobo ports No noticeable change under XP dual Win7 boot drives Solved: slow cause USB boot system Does not matter if it s one of two different USB Seagate hard drives G or G or my G Patriot flash drive No problem with all other USB devices like printers scanners mouse etc Only storage devices increase boot time If I remove device mid delay it immediately resumes to normal speed Intermittently I get an quot unrecognized device Solved: USB drives cause slow Win7 boot quot Solved: USB drives cause slow Win7 boot error if I connect late enough in the boot cycle or even after fully booted but can t seem to reproduce that now It s like it s spinning it s wheels trying to ID the device but once fully booted the drives work fine Never got an error msg with the flash drive only hard drives Both hard drives pass all diags built-in Seagate Manager diag SeaTools diags Delay is inserted between display of the box reading quot Starting Windows quot and the swirling balls that spin around then become the Windows logo Normally the delay before the swirling balls is - sec now it s min This is a new phenomenon in recent weeks as I ve had one or the other USB drive connected for many years All drivers are current When I go to the GByte driver site it only wants to update the sound driver System is yr old Also all Microsoft upgrades are current Config Core Duo GHz OC d to G RAM G GByte mobo The slow boot is not related to over clocking and system stable with multi hour Prime run Problem still occurs at stock mobo setup timing values It s also not a function of start up items accessed via MSCONFIG I shut them all off with no improvement Any ideas nbsp

A:Solved: USB drives cause slow Win7 boot

I discovered the same issue when I upgraded to Windows 7, only in my case the boot process hangs & will go no further until the external drives are disconnected. I never did get to the bottom of it so I took the easy way out & now I just make sure no external drives are connected when I turn on my PC each day.

Curiously, the problem never occurred when I used Windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-drives-cause-slow-win7-boot.991057/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I've been having wireless network issues ever since we purchased a new router Netgear n probably about one year ago My laptop has no issues with other wifi connections but when I am connected at home the connection continually drops and reconnects It usually disconnects for - seconds and then reconnects This happens constantly while I am at the house When I troubleshoot the connection the message quot Default Gateway not available quot often pops up When the connection drops while a webpage is loading the browser tells me that quot The DNS lookup failed quot Also our home network connection is dropping/reconnecting. Connection Failed" Lookup "DNS Network named quot Network Connection dropping/reconnecting. "DNS Lookup Failed" Home-FORCE quot but on Network Connection dropping/reconnecting. "DNS Lookup Failed" my laptop the name shows up as quot Home-FORCE quot Has anybody seen or had this issue before I am wondering if the problem is with the settings on my laptop or if I made an error while setting up the wireless router There are several other laptops in my house that connect just fine and my smartphone has no issues with this connection However when my laptop is connected to wifi other laptops in the house begin having the same issues Any help is much appreciated and I will gladly provide any additional information that I can

A:Network Connection dropping/reconnecting. "DNS Lookup Failed"

Have you done a ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew at a command prompt? It does sound like some setting(s) are amiss on the laptop. Go into control panel on the laptop that isn't working and go to the networking properties and check to see if get DNS automatically is selected. I will post exactly how to do that when I get home soon

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316810-network-connection-dropping-reconnecting-dns-lookup-failed.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have two PC s using PC's drive New lost drives/external Solved: - hard network to other connection XP Solved: New hard drive - lost network connection to other PC's drives/external Home SP and networked through a BT Home hub Both of the PC s have external hard Solved: New hard drive - lost network connection to other PC's drives/external drives attached and each of those external drives along with its folders have been visible to the other via Windows Explorer I have just installed a new hard drive Solved: New hard drive - lost network connection to other PC's drives/external on PC and restored an image created the day before Each of those external drives can still be seen from their OWN Windows Explorer If I try to access the others external drive I receive Not enough server storage is available to process this command I also now find that internal drive that holds my data on PC that was shared and accessed without a problem now also produces Not enough server storage is available to process this command I have selected an external drive and removed sharing from it and then allowed it to be shared under a different name so that I could ensure that the other PC could see the new name The other PC was immediately able to see the newly named external drive The content of that newly named folder cannot be accessed The network path was not found Can anyone help nbsp

A:Solved: New hard drive - lost network connection to other PC's drives/external

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-hard-drive-lost-network-connection-to-other-pcs-drives-external.934452/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi All I have hard drives that already have Windows installed on each My rig is a custom build so as for Motherboard I have Motherboard Gigabyte G Assassin has two GB s SATA ports and four GB s SATA ports if recognized in Desktop, network drives, Multiple all drives One not mistaken I would put eligible drives on the GB s Multiple drives, One Desktop, all drives recognized in network ports and the others on the GB s ports I know my MB is ancient now The quot new quot drives are already connected via SATA ports and both are functional but one is extremely slow and I believe it is because I didn't install them correctly Missing drivers or something not sure Here are my issues broken down I have two choices to make first is to use the quot fastest HDD quot as my primary and the other HDD's will be used as storage Second choice is to induce RAID or whichever is recommended If I go with RAID please point me to a site where I can use as a guide on how to do that correctly as I have never done that before Unless of course it is a simple process and can be explained here I just didn't want to have to go back and forth on this board while becoming a nuisance Going with the best recommendation based on above I need to resolve network recognition issues I use the WD Mycloud TB as my backup I like it because I travel a lot and I can easily use the app to pull up any document picture video etc while knowing that I don't need to pay a monthly fee to someone else However of the time when I boot up I see Could not reconnect network drives etc appear in service tray I need all drives and WD MyCloud to talk to one another on the network as apparently they are not half the time From research it seems that Microsoft acknowledges this as their own design flaw There are some with different variations of bypassing MSFT's design flaw by using scripts changing the registry or Group policies etc This is where I get lost and need help Reminder Currently all drives have Windows installed I will be conducting a clean install on all drives this weekend just to ensure My computer is getting a fresh start If not needed or I need to format them first please advise My memory is out playing somewhere else right now as I cannot recall quot what quot I need to install BEFORE I actually install the first hard drive s For starters I realize that I need to ensure the BIOS is up to date But aren't there quot Drivers quot that I need to install for SATA purposes before the HDD talks to it Or drivers other than this Otherwise the needed functionality will be lost if you don't install that first I am just reiterating what a MSFT support site mentioned but now can't remember all Sorry One last concern is that my drive letters change when I boot into my second new drive shown in attachment When I am on the primary the drive letter is C When I boot into the slave as I have configured in BIOS to be as such the drive letter for the slave is now C Also the Reserve partitions change their letters as well This has to be confusing just about every piece of software I have installed Do I need to partition these differently in order to make their drive letters stay consistent I guess if I went with a RAID configuration this wouldn't be happening Disk Management Screen Shot and Network are attached My task this weekend is to backup all data from all drives and afterwards was intending to do a clean install of Windows Professional on all drives just so I know things are starting off new and clean But the above issues or concerns need to be addressed if there is someone out there that knows what I need Thanks

A:Multiple drives, One Desktop, all drives recognized in network

I'll bite:

Why 4 Windows installations?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357804-multiple-drives-one-desktop-all-drives-recognized-network.html
Relevancy 49.45%

The internet and network has been timing Network internet Solved: time out. and connections out and this has been happening for a while now I have a cable internet from buckeye cable systems with an Arris CM A Router this is connected to my dell xps with windows vista home premium via Ethernet I ve been having connectivity Solved: Network and internet connections time out. problems for quite some time like I said whenever I try to upload or download anything my connection times out sometimes even a Solved: Network and internet connections time out. flash page will kill my internet Recently I bought an MSI GT laptop with Windows and connected a Cisco Linksys E wireless router to the cable modem and I can t seem to fix the internet connection I have read a lot about Solved: Network and internet connections time out. why my internet could be so sporadic I ve tried power cycling I ve tried disconnecting my speakers with amplifiers I have attempted to upgrade the firmware for my ARRIS CM A but I m pretty sure it should be plug and play While I am on the laptop any stress on the connection will cause the connection to time out sometimes Ill get a message that states the Network Connection has timed out It doesn t always happen though some days I may be able to browse or do my homework without incident but if I try to do anything that would strain my connection I lose it I need help Here are the results of my ipconfig stats any advice or tips would be really cool and I d appreciate it Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users brandon gt cd c Windows system c Windows System gt ipconfig all The system cannot find the path specified c Windows System gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name brandon-msi Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - E- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - E- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address - E- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address f f b de a ca Pref erred Temporary IPv Address f f ccf c fa db a b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe b de a ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday February PM Lease Expires Saturday February PM Default Gateway fe d a da d a fe c c c ff fe a bdf DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - -F - - - -B - B- E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - -B - B- E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cd b f c Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe cd b f c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled c Windows System gt nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I have cable internet A wireless adsl router is plugged into it An internet cord is then plugged from the wireless to the usual computer windows The internet works fine on this one I ve just bought a laptop macbook and it picks up the wifi network that was set up I can log network time First home wireless Solved: in and it then seems as if the internet is ready to go However the internet does not work I ve gone into AirPort and thought maybe I needed to input my static IP subnet gateway and DNS into it so I set it to configure IPv manually and did that The internet still doesn t work The proper desktop computer doesn t have a wireless card in it as far as I know so doesn t pick up the wifi which is why I ve wired it up to make it work But I didn t think such a card would be necessary when I only need wireless for the mac which already has one and clearly sees the wifi What is happening nbsp

A:Solved: First time wireless home network

a few things to do
Take off any wireless secruity you have set on the router - use the desktop cables to log intothe router and see if any encryption is on wireless section

I dont know the MAC commands for the equivalent of ipconfig /all that you would use on a PC - i will try and find some instructions......hopefully a MAC person will answer
EDIT { ifconfig - a } appears to be the equivalent command

but start with encryption that can cause a lot of issues
Next make sure the firewall on the MAC is not blocking access, switch the firewall off - see if that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-first-time-wireless-home-network.870299/
Relevancy 49.45%

Guys,

I use the Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 with my Samsung Laptop and the USB port disconnects and reconnects the mouse often. This makes it tough to use the mouse with my computer.

I connected my phone onto the same port for syncing and didn't have issues. Could this be a problem with the mouse (2 months old) or the laptop (4 months old)?

PS. I have unchecked Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power for all the ports, but the problem still persists.

Waiting for your response.

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a strange wireless problem. Iíve just bought a Dell D420 laptop (XP Pro). At my office it connect to wireless fine. I got it home on Friday and it would disconnect every 30 seconds or so and then reconnect; it did this endlessly. All other laptops and desktops in the house were working fine. We looked for a fix, tried a few things, and what seemed to work was changing the name of our home network; just changing the name and re-entering the network key. We had also changed channel but that by itself hadnít changed anything. So everything was fine until earlier today when the router needed re-setting. All other PCs in the house were fine but the D420 went back to constantly disconnecting and reconnecting again. Can someone please help!

Relevancy 49.45%

My first visit to the site and hopefully someone can be of assistance.

I'd been hit with several Trojan viruses and numerous Tracking and Adware viruses - to the point where my PC kept crashing. I rebooted using the PC manufacturers CD Recovery disc (Fujitsu Seimens) but this has meant I don't have access to the Internet home page I once had (Google).

I'm using my wife's laptop (she still has Internet access thanks to a wireless router) to seek help.

Anyone?

Sorry but I'm a PC luddite.

PS. I might add that I use Mozilla Firefox.

Relevancy 49.45%

I have been trying to connect to my Wire Uverse wireless router and it not going well I had it connected and for other reasons I went into the router setup and disabled wireless did nothing else When I enabled wireless again and did nothing else I could not connect my Win computer Everything else connects just fine so I know it s not the router but this Win computer When I click on the connections icon it shows me all the available wireless networks and the Uverse Trouble to router reconnecting my Solved: Uverse show but has a red X on it and the popup says something to the effect it s trying to connect but the connections Solved: Trouble reconnecting to my Uverse router are not the same as are in the profile or the info has changed I can t find where to change what needs to be changed and I don t know what needs to be changed The network key is correct the ssid is correct it show up so it s being received OK Any direction on what to look for Again the router and wireless connection are just fine I have several other devices that are connecting just fine Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

i made the mistake of pluging in another machine hd wit my current machine and on start up there is a long beeep no display etc

the other hard drive had a disk error the intention was to run a repair on it from my current pc

except the pc tried to boot from it

now with that removed i cant turn my pc on at all

constant beep

how can i fix this

the mother board is a biostat TZ77XE

A:[SOLVED] 2 hard drives with win7 boot failure

A constant beep usually means that the RAM chip has become unseated or possibly has gone bad. Unplug the computer and reset all RAM chips (eg) remove the RAM chip and firmly push it back in till you hear it snap into place. Do the same for Video cards, power plugs to drives, and data cables to drives and motherboard etc. Screw it all down and restart the computer.
In the future if you want to test a HDD, you do not have to pull out the old one, just find a plug from the PSU not being used and use a different data cable to the drive and motherboard. If you don't have a data cable, unplug the DVD drive and use that. Or better yet, get yourself a USB Adapter, Enclosure or Dock and plug it in that way.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-2-hard-drives-with-win7-boot-failure-994890.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello folks other can no are attached. [SOLVED] drives hard only into boot I Windows when So here's my problem I have four hard drives Three SATA one IDE Until today I could boot up happily with all of them attached though I [SOLVED] I can only boot into Windows when no other hard drives are attached. did have to keep the Windows DVD in my tray Without that I got a quot BOOTMGR not found quot error Probably should have dealt with it but it wasn't a big problem and my mantra tends to be 'if it isn't broken don't fix it ' Well today I booted [SOLVED] I can only boot into Windows when no other hard drives are attached. up after testing some different RAM in my machine it's all back to normal now no hardware changes and I did not boot into Windows with the RAM inside and my machine insisted on installing Windows rather than booting it Couldn't find a way around it The Windows DVD's repair option insists it's incompatible with the version of Windows I have despite being the very DVD I used to install it an x issue perhaps but I keep all my valuable files on other hard drives so I gave in and formatted my C drive and went to reinstall Windows Problem I reformatted the partition and then went to install Windows but the installer gave me the error x Could not install to that location Weird because that was the exact partition Windows was installed to for the last years I googled that and after half an hour worked out a solution I had to unplug every hard drive except the one I was using I did that Windows installed just fine I got in set up everything happy ending Then I shut down attached my hard drives and booted up again I got an error after POST but before Starting Windows which I was too stupid to write down sorry but which said quot Could not boot a required device was missing quot Weird Now I did have to reinstall Windows again after that because the initial problem came back it just wants to reinstall not boot That's where I am right now I've reinstalled Windows am using it as normal but I fear thas soon as I reboot this machine I'll have to spend another hour reinstalling the OS I intend to keep trying but wanted to ask you folks for your input before spending my weekend trying to get my computer back to where it was this morning Here's the added bonus I plugged in two of my SATA drives just a moment ago without shutting down the machine then scanned for new changes in the device manager so they'd show up They work just perfectly all the files are still there nothing odd at all Yet I know that if I try to boot up with them attached somehow that 'required device' will be missing So what on Earth is wrong here What have I done and how can I fix it Is there some issue with bootloaders and MBRs that I don't comprehend and how could I fix that without the Windows repair tool

A:[SOLVED] I can only boot into Windows when no other hard drives are attached.

Embarrassingly, I have discovered my mistake right after posting it.

I'll explain rather than modify/delete my post, for the sake of anyone who may find this on Google.

This error, 0xc0000225 - The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible, was caused by the hard drive on which Windows was installed not being #1 on the Boot Priority menu in the BIOS. Perhaps due to being removed and reattached, or perhaps due to the cords getting mixed up during a hardware change, the Boot Priority menu was rearranged, so that the BIOS tried to find the OS on the wrong drive.

Entering the startup menu (usually DEL or F10 right as the computer turns on) and putting the right drive in the #1 slot has solved it totally.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-i-can-only-boot-into-windows-when-no-other-hard-drives-are-attached-606587.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My computer boots from a GB IDE drive w WinXP installed on it I also have a Seagate TB SATA drive in an external enclosure connected by USB When I turn on the Seagate drive it clicks speeds up and slows down doesn t connect etc read more here Anyway I just ordered a WD TB Caviar drive as a replacement and I d like to copy as much data as possible from the Seagate to the WD before the Seagate dies I recently got an MSImobo that has SATA ports on it So basically what I d like to do is hook up both the Seagate and WD drives to the SATA ports boot the computer from the IDE drive and have it start normally and then copy all the data from the Seagate to the WD Then I ll put the WD in the boot Hooking up drives and an Solved: 2 drive SATA IDE external enclosure I only use it occasionally so no pt in having it run Solved: Hooking up 2 SATA drives and an IDE boot drive all the time Then I can get the Seagate exchanged under warranty and maybe use it as a ndary backup That s the plan anyway but I don t know anything about setting up RAID configurations or if that s really even necessary for a temp setup like this I have also remember that there were problems getting SATA drives to work w IDE drives back when SATA st came out is that still an issue nbsp

A:Solved: Hooking up 2 SATA drives and an IDE boot drive

No need for a RAID.

If these are just files and folders then a simple copy/ paste will do the trick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hooking-up-2-sata-drives-and-an-ide-boot-drive.882080/
Relevancy 49.45%

Well, after I opened up my computer and did the annual cleaning of dust from it , it gives a message on boot up:
"Drive 4 not found: Parallel ATA, PATA-0, Primary IDE Master
Drive 5 not found : " " , PATA-1, Primary IDE Slave

Strike F1 to continue,F2 to enter Setup."
When I enter Setup Drive 1 (HD) is selected ON, Drives 2 & 3 are OFF, and Drives 4 & 5 are ON.

The Samsung DVD-ROM drive and the Phillips DVD-RW drive don't work and aren't found in the Control Panel/System/hardware nor under My Computer.
Any help appreciated, Thanks, Kit

Relevancy 49.02%

Here is my HJT look for a computer with a long boot time i have two other posts about it in the XP section When i boot in safe mode it [SOLVED] boot time 18 min takes about sec to boot in normal mode it takes min or more i think that i have [SOLVED] 18 min boot time some sort of malware system specs AMD athelon XP Quantum fireball g hard drive on quot c quot dell D htx monitor GB RAM XP professional version SP Deckard's System Scanner v [SOLVED] 18 min boot time Run by Don Crandall on [SOLVED] 18 min boot time - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - ComboFix created restore point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Installed Microsoft Bootvis -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup System Drive C has GiB less than free -- HijackThis run as Don Crandall exe ---------------------------------------- Unable to find log file not found running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM services exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM lsass exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM nvsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuComServer EXE C Documents and Settings Don Crandall Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE CLQNODMR dss exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis Don Crandall exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ie R - URLSearchHook F atv Forums Toolbar - ff a - a- d-a d - fa d a d - C Program Files F atv Forums tbF a dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO F atv Forums Toolbar - ff a - a- d-a d - fa d a d - C Program Files F atv Forums tbF a dll O - BHO no name ... Read more

A:[SOLVED] 18 min boot time

Hello, I removed Norton earlier today and installed a program called AVG. this fixed my problem. boot time is now less than 1 min. I can't believe that Norton was such a pig. I downloaded the special tool and ran it about 10 times to do a complete clean. Thanks for all of your help. The only reason that i ran norton was becasue i like their Anti spam program. is there another good antispam program that integrates with outlook exporess ?

Thanks again to all who helped. CH

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-18-min-boot-time-212741.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My XP takes approx min to boot from a complete shut down Want to stay away from Reg Cleaners don t trust them Any assistance would be great Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE 10 boot min Solved: time Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe Solved: 10 min boot time C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer Solved: 10 min boot time EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support Solved: 10 min boot time bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAJA EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Search Settings SearchSettings exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFre dll R - URLSearchHook no name - E E- - F - DAB-FCDD B E D - no file O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader L... Read more

Relevancy 49.02%

We recently bought a Network attached Storage Linkstation to hold our files. This is for a small office peer-peer network. Everyone uses XP.
The NAS improved the response time to pull up a file, but not by much. Then about 2 weeks ago the NAS response time slowed down.

I bought a switch (Gigafast EZ800-S) and put all the users on it that used the NAS, but it didn't help any at all. (in fact I think it might be slower)

Is there anything I can change to help speed up response time?

(by response time I am talking about the time it takes to go thru explorer and click on the shared NAS folder so that it lists the contents)

--

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I ve got a network at home router Billion GRA with Windows desktops and windows laptop on the network One desktop pc is connected via cable desktop and the laptop are connected with wireless Desktop is Computer loses visibility network time Solved: after giving me problems It used to be fine with my Netgear DG GT but that kinda broke and now ive gotten a Billion Solved: Computer loses network visibility after time router Dont know if its the router or perhaps something on the computer thats causing the problem At first all is well network functions properly and all computers are visible to each other After a while however Desktop is no longer visible by the other computers and also cannot see them in network they do not show up However on Desktop manually typing the address of eg Desktop into windows explorer will revive the connection and browsing the other pc s shared items is now possible Manually trying to access Desktop from Desktop though does not work Disconnecting and reconnecting from the wireless connection on desktop fixes the problem temporarily and all computers can see each other but after a while Desktop sort of hides itself on the network The Internet still works however on Desktop when the problem occurs everything functions normally except its visibility Any ideas why this can be occurring Ive gone to advanced settings and made sure for home networks password sharing is off file sharing is on etc done that many times but thats not the problem as it initially works then dies after a while So im guessing somethings wrong with desktop although perhaps it could be the router i dont know Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

The company I work for has recently gotten a new Internet connection at their farm across the street. Originally the time clock was placed there and monitored over the LAN on the computer that I am at right now. Now that there is a new connection I need to know how to connect the time clock on the other internet connection to this PC. Networking has never been my strong suit. any help would be appreciated!

-Bumbers

P.S. The time Clock is an anviz EP300 and the PC is running windows 8.1

A:Solved: Connect Bio-metric time clock to another network?

Hi Bumbers, and welcome to TSG.

Does the new connection at the other building have at least one static public IP address? If not, things may get a bit more complicated.

Beyond that, you will need to set up whatever modems and routers are being used across the street to port forward from the Internet public IP address to the private IP address of the time clock on the LAN. Having the time clock use a static IP address on the LAN, rather than get its IP address via DHCP would also simplify things.

It appeared to me that only registered users on the Anviz web site can download product manuals. I have no idea if or how the time clock can be properly configured to use a static IP address, the port numbers used, or the type of security it offers. Once you have port forwarding configured, the time clock will be exposed to attacks from the Internet.

After you have everything configured at the other location, you should be able to use the public IP address of the other location to access the clock from your location.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connect-bio-metric-time-clock-to-another-network.1152353/
Relevancy 49.02%

Ok so my internet connection has recently started disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 mins or so. It has never done this before and has started doing it out of the blue. It doesn't even appear to have cut out by the icon at the bottom but it does stuff like stop youtube videos from loading or when I am playing online poker or online gaming it will cut out for about 30 seconds before reconnecting again. It is quite frustrating and I am yet to have found any help anywhere online so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

A:Solved: Internet has started disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-has-started-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-intermittently.1061361/
Relevancy 48.59%

This is very strange About two weeks ago I reinstalled Win Pro x from scratch in order to properly support my new Ceton TV tuner card All of my application software is now just about fully reinstalled as well and everything's working fine The new Win is very much quot cleaner leaner and meaner quot than the previous installed version which I'd used kind of like a quot training bicycle quot over the past months Much closer to quot pure Microsoft quot with no quot foreign codec packs quot Ok my current problem seems to be totally related to Win 's Windows Firewall For some reason out of boots on this machine do NOT establish a network connection the desktop PC is quot wired quot connected to the router And then almost randomly maybe time out of I will get a network successfully established No way connection" time at prevents Firewall boot Windows "network of really predicting success or failure but each failure causes me to re-boot and try again Obviously there are several programs that start up with Windows and that need to get out to the Internet including my Sophos anti-virus looking for updates DynDNS to maintain my hostname IP address on the DynDNS site and in particular a program named CLOCKWISE which goes out to the Navy's web Windows Firewall prevents "network connection" at boot time site to get an accurate time-of-day to set my PC's clock Now CLOCKWISE also puts out a quot Big Ben quot chime sound when it sets the clock so I know if this program is working by whether or not I hear Big Ben And of course on those out of boots where network access is not established I hear no Big Ben and know something is wrong I then am forced to shut down and try it again and eventually usually it finally works Of course the next boot may again fail but I try not to re-boot if I can Ok yesterday I decided to look closer at Windows Firewall and its settings I noticed that there was no entry defined for the CLOCKWISE program I experimented by disabling Windows Firewall both home private and public and shut down and re-booted and this time CLOCKWISE had no problem getting out to the Internet at boot time and my machine had its network connection established flawlessly So I added the CLOCKWISE program to Windows Firewall and close examination revealed that it only set up an INBOUND rule Didn't make a lot of sense to me since I was really trying to let CLOCKWISE get out to the Internet and I thought that's what quot add program quot to Windows Firewall was for Anyway I then also created a new OUTBOUND rule allowing CLOCKWISE to get out Shut down and re-boot and magically CLOCKWISE starts perfectly and I have a network So I thought I'd solved the problem Then a while later when I had to re-boot again because of some other software I'd just installed this time the re-boot hung again with no network established and no Big Ben from CLOCKWISE On just the previous re-boot it worked just fine but now on the second re-boot it failed again So I again turned off Windows Firewall shut down and re-booted and once again network comes up and Big Ben sounds from CLOCKWISE I then turned on Windows Firewall because I feel better with it on than off even though I have an external router to also quot protect me quot I've been playing with this including turning Firewall off and then on again before shutting down and then re-booting and startup then works But if I then just shut down and re-boot almost always it will fail again I don't think this is tied to CLOCKWISE but rather this program's audible indication that it worked or not just tips me off that Win and Windows Firewall itself has somehow prevented network access from starting correctly And if I have Windows Firewall turned off at shutdown then the re-boot will always work fine and network is established This points directly at Windows Firewall as the likely culprit here Now what makes this machine unusual from the way Win and Windows Firewall previously worked Well there's lots mor... Read more

A:Windows Firewall prevents "network connection" at boot time

Well, either nobody has experienced something like this or there's nothing inherently wrong with Win7 or Windows Firewall or my setup that I haven't already done or tried.

Anyway, as luck would have it, all of the re-boots I've done on this machine (as now configured, with the full-enabled newly added inbound and outbound entries in Windows Firewall for Clockwise) over the past few days have NOT seen the symptom at all! Each boot has immediately resulted in the "Big Ben" chime from Clockwise, indicating it had successfully gotten to the Internet and set the PC clock.

Of course I have no explanation for why this is now working 100% normally again (as it used to, though intermittently, even before I added the new entries to Windows Firewall for Clockwise!). Nothing else in the environment has changed.

Anyway, it still does look like Windows Firewall did at least have something to do with the intermittent boot-time failure to establish my network connection (i.e. wired connection through my Netgear router and out through the cable modem). Turn off Firewall, and boot occurs normally. Turn Firewall back on, and boot occurs intermittently normal.

And yet, last few days, Firewall is on and 100% boots have been normal!

Go figure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/124209-windows-firewall-prevents-network-connection-boot-time.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi i have a mercury motherboard phoenix award bios recently i had a issue with the smps burnt after which i have replaced that but while doing that we reset the bios by removing to time Solved: Long boot the battery Solved: Long time to boot cmos lithium there on it takes a long time after the logo for the motherboard splashes on the screen that is mercury it takes abt a sec to boot and show the win xp coming up checked the bios settings is there anything that i need to change in the bios cos before resetting it was fine my specs are mercury motherboard intel dual core gb ram fx series nvidia gb hdd win xp pro i have a printer hooked up that is hp deskjet f aio sries any suggestions and also would appreciate that if you could tell me where we can get the bios updates for this motherboard as i have tried searching but could not get is it nesessary to update the bios is this a bios issue or a mb issue nbsp

A:Solved: Long time to boot

My first guess is that resetting the BIOS set it to run all Power On Self Tests (POST) tests. There is usually an option for Quick Boot or Fast Boot (needs to be enabled), or Extended Memory Test, or POST test (usually Disable, possibly a full/short option) you can change to speed up the boot process.

Would need more info on the PC/MB to try to track down a BIOS update, make and model number of PC or Motherboard, or both. Generally though, it best to not update the BIOS unless there is a feature in the update that you really need, or a problem was fixed that is affecting you. Basically the old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it adage"

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-long-time-to-boot.683670/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, everyone, I'd appreciate some help.

Last night I got a BSOD and since then have been unable to boot into Windows 7 Home Premium on my Thinkpad T530. When I try to boot normally, in safe mode, or to the last known good configuration, I get another blue screen that informs me of the error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

I called Lenovo tech support, but they were not very helpful. The technician I spoke to blamed the problem on the fact that I dual-boot with Linux, even though the two operating systems have been running side-by-side just fine for months. He said he would send me a recovery disk, but I'm worried that the recovery disk will automatically reformat my drive.

I suspect this a Windows problem, not a hardware problem, as Linux still runs fine. Can anyone offer some advice?

A:[SOLVED] Cannot boot into Win 7; BSOD every time

If you are unable to access the Linux partition then it is possible that there is a hardware problem/

Can you try removing the memory and testing on module at a time?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-cannot-boot-into-win-7-bsod-every-time-676081.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This machine is a Dell Dimension DIM Pentium CPU GHz GHz with GB ram Recently this machine is taking an extraordinarily long time to boot mins this morning When Time Boot Long Very Solved: I go into msconfig and try to do a clean boot following the MS article kb I click apply then ok and it indicates not responding on the top of the dialog box Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks Steve Here is an hjt log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Solved: Very Long Boot Time Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS STEVEN DESKTOP SOFTWARE PROCESSEXPLORER PROCEXP EXE C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp Solved: Very Long Boot Time exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www verizon net ssowebapp VOLPortalLogin R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SITEguard BHO - B- F - - -F EE FCB EC - C Program Files STOPzilla SZSG dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO STOPzilla Browser Helper Object - E F - - D - F B- D B D - C Program Files STOPzilla SZIEBHO dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar STOPzilla - DED-A - F- BA-D F A B B - C Program Files STOPzilla SZSG dll O - HKLM Run OutpostMonitor C PROGRA Agnitum OUTPOS op mon exe tray noservice O - HKLM Run WinUtilities Quick Launcher C Program Files WinUtilities WO exe autorun O - HKLM RunServices RegisterDropHandler C PROGRA TEXTBR Bin REGIST EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MI OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Outpost Firewall Pro Quick Tune - E - B- d -B C - BD A - C Program Files Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro ie bar dll O - Extra button Bonjour - F DB C-E - ca -A D-ACC - C Program Files Bonjour ExplorerPlugin dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MI OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dll O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

In setting up my first home network I decided to update to XP My new computer had SP Home preinstalled and I bought and installed XP Pro SP on my of time versions same XP boot at Two trying Solved: to older computer I lost my Solved: Two versions of XP trying to boot at same time way somehow in installing XP Pro on my older computer and in frustration tried Solved: Two versions of XP trying to boot at same time to overwrite the first install with a new one Unfortuantely that didn t work and resulted in two versions of XP being active On boot-up I was Solved: Two versions of XP trying to boot at same time presented with a choice of quot Windows XP Professional quot or quot Windows XP Professional quot Despite the identical nomenclature the first one in the boot sequence was my original attempt at XP and the second in the sequence was my second XP installation with which I had hoped to overwrite the first I decided to go into the Documents and Settings section and anywhere else that seemed logical of XP and delete any references that I could find to the first installation of XP I found a number of files to delete and thought I d probably be OK No such luck Now when my computer boots up a screen comes up and again asks me to choose between quot Windows XP Professional quot and quot Windows XP Professional quot as to which to load Turns out that the first in the sequence is the old install but it won t completely boot up now because I deleted a lot of files that it is looking for If I select the second quot Windows SP Professional quot the computer will boot up normally and seems to work fine overall But because the system gives the multiple choice for booting up if I just turn the computer on and walk away for a minute the boot sequence defaults to the old incomplete version of XP and hangs because of the missing files I d really like to eliminate the portion of the boot routine that looks for the old installation of XP Then I could switch on the computer and come back in a couple of minutes to find a screen where it s all ready for me to log in just as it should be I realize I could reformat the hard drive and go again but I shudder at the thought of reloading all of my software and in turn losing all of my personalizations in all of my programs if there is any alternative Right now I have to sit in front of the computer and arrow down to the second version of Windows XP Professional in order to have a computer that I can use Anyone got any ideas about how I could find the key to make XP stop looking for my first installation of XP nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

i was wondering if i could gain some advice on how to get a faster boot time on my pc????

A:Solved: Slow boot time

Run Msconfig and see what programs run at startup. Maybe there are some you don't really need.

If you have a question about a particular program, go to this site:

http://www.lafn.org/webconnect/mentor/startup/PENINDEX.HTM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-boot-time.452799/
Relevancy 48.59%

SO yesterday morning my computer was working fine Me and my friend decided to take it to his house to play games together Sort of like a person LAn party We bring it over in my car and hook everything up When we first started it up I wasn't exactly paying attention to the screen but rather the sound of one of my fans in the computer Whenever it started up it was going its regular speed but seconds later it would just slow down and make an odd every boot [SOLVED] I BSOD PC to my time try noise We then started [SOLVED] BSOD every time I try to boot my PC looking at the monitor after restarting several times to see if that would fix the fan Now when [SOLVED] BSOD every time I try to boot my PC ever we started the computer it would go into the Windows XP loading screen and then the loading bar would hang for just a second and in the blink of an eye the [SOLVED] BSOD every time I try to boot my PC Blue Screen would appear and vanish in a second We couldn't even see what it was trying to tell us I took it home later that day For some reason he thought it was the outlet my computer was plugged into and figured out that I could just use my DLSR camera to see it So this is what it says A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for an BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC x A CA xB xB C quot I tried googling the stop message nothing came up for the string it gave me We tried just seeing if we could reformat the whole thing but it won't even boot from CD at all when we changed the boot priority and Safe Mode seems to only work when it feels like it The first time it worked I managed to save everything I wanted so if I needed to I could just nuke the driver I also did a virus scan while I could nothing seems to have popped up and Safe Mode w Networking doesn't work at all We also opened it up and made sure nothing was loose since he thought it might be a power problem Nothing was loose or terribly hot My disk space also has at least out of gigs free so disk space should be an issue at all and I've had this computer for a year and a half with out this kind of problem at all The thing I want to know the most it what the error string is supposed to mean I've yet to try what the message itself said but I don't want to mess with it anymore than I need to before I know whats really going on with it My specs are ASRock M A GXH M AMD G and SB Chipsets Geforce GTX graphics card made by EVGA AMD Athlon II x Dual Core processor w GHz and MB total cache AM socket Red G Skill Ram DDR - PC - BG x Gigs

A:[SOLVED] BSOD every time I try to boot my PC

The problem has been solved. It was either me getting into safe mode and deleting a bunch of stuff, or opening the computer up and air-canning the whole damn thing to oblivion. Clean your computers frequently!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-every-time-i-try-to-boot-my-pc-614100.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer has integrated video but half the time I boot the display won't appear at all. Not even the POST information. Half the time it boots fine with perfect video. I tried inserting a different video card and I still get the same problem, half the time it boots normally, the other half nothing appears.... the monitor light stays yellow as if there is no signal. Once the computer is booted it runs fine. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Thanks in Advance!

Relevancy 48.59%

When I start my pc, XP, I have the original msn messenger trying to boot up and the version 7 that I installed. I unchecked the original in the msconfig and that worked for a while and then for some unknown reason it came back and is now trying to load again each time I start windows. I checked the msconfig and it is still unchecked. What can I do to remove the first?

A:Solved: I get two msn messengers trying to boot up at the same time.

You have a couple of options. If it's loading two seperate versions, that obviously indicated that your new version installed in a different directory than the first. Either try to locate the original version in C:\program files\MSN Messenger (or something similar) and delete it or you can try the control panel, add/remove programs, and see if you see the original MSN Messenger program on the list and uninstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-get-two-msn-messengers-trying-to-boot-up-at-the-same-time.393780/
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay. So I'm fixing up a computer for a friend. This box apparently has some issues. Upon boot it shows the Gateway (just the gateway banner and no BIOS loading or anything) in the middle over the Gateway thing it says input:analog (VGA hookups?) then either I hit a key and it takes me to setup for a second then goes black forever or I don't hit a key and it goes to the windows xp boot screen for a second then the cursor comes up for a second then blackness for a really long time. I've already reseated the ram and looked for any other obvious problem in the hardware and everythings seems to be where it should be. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] No time to boot from disk.

Can you enter the bios?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-no-time-to-boot-from-disk-410554.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Everybody First I want to apologize for asking the following questions because I realize their have been many posted questions similar to mine on these forums and elsewhere online However I've never done anything like this and I want XP Drives [SOLVED] Vista Two Transfer Files from and Hard Dual and Boot to make absolutely sure I know what I'm doing before I attempt it I thank you in advance for any advice you can give me When my Dell pre-installed XP machine died a few months ago expensive fan failure so there's no HDD damage as far as I can tell I purchased a new HP pre-installed Vista machine Mainly I have quite a few files I'd like to get off the Dell and on to the HP but ideally I'd like to dual-boot with both operating systems on the HP keeping both OS on their respective drives I figure this probably isn't legal but how much of a problem is that potentially I have a valid - CPU license and XP would only be used on one dual-core if I'm able to dual-boot My primary goal is to copy my XP files to the Vista HDD whether I can dual-boot or not How can I do this without buying extra accessories and in such a way that I don't risk damage to any of my hardware Will it be possible [SOLVED] Transfer Files and Dual Boot XP and Vista from Two Hard Drives to dual-boot and if so what order will I need to install the drives what master slave settings will I need to set what BIOS settings will I need to set and will I need to reinstall restore either OS or reformat either drive Also will this dual-booting work with just OEM restore [SOLVED] Transfer Files and Dual Boot XP and Vista from Two Hard Drives discs and will it work with two different models of motherboards and PC brands As a side note the XP drive is IDE and the Vista drive is SATA Thank you again for any information you can give me I have actually read a lot of comments and opinions on all of these topics but most of the information was conflicting so I wanted some final thoughts before I go messing about with my hardware David

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-transfer-files-and-dual-boot-xp-and-vista-from-two-hard-drives-254098.html