Windows Support Forum

Cant Change Network Connection Properties

Q: Cant Change Network Connection Properties

I am working on someone's XP Pro SP2 Box, and I cannot change the properties of any network connection. When I right click on the connection and click properties is says "Do not have sufficient privileges, contact your administrator"

I am the Administrator, logged in as the administrator account, and the machine is not on a domain.

Any Ideas what setting could cause this, and where it is?
I wasnt even aware you could lock administrator out...

Thanks -
Mike

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cant Change Network Connection Properties

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 69.66%

Whenever I try to change my network connections I get the following error:

Cannot write phonebook.
Error 624: The system could not update the phone book file.
I am also having other issues that may or may not be related see threads:

http://forums.techguy.org/t294765.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294528.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294305.html

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-properties-of-network-connections.294815/
Relevancy 68.8%

Just got a laptop with Vista Home and I want to install this onto my home network (MSHome) that has 5 other WinXP systems on that network. When the laptop was setup it chose a default network group called Workgroup or something like that and I cannot figure out how to get this computer navigated to the MSHome network.

A:Solved: Can't change home network properties

Control Panel (Classic view) - System - Advanced System settings -Computer Name.
Then "Change"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-change-home-network-properties.729556/
Relevancy 67.51%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, I'm stumped as to why Explorer crashes whenever I try to view properties on any of my network connections. Its quite possible that I've messed something up in one of many tweaks. I just don't know when it happened.

The event viewer shows the following error:

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2649, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037e9f."

Is it possible to re-install just the networking components for WinXP, or do I have to do a full fresh install?

Inso

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

A:Network Connection Properties not Opening

Originally Posted by rat170

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

Do you have a backup you can restore from? thats a quick easy fix for it.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246852-network-connection-properties-not-opening.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have up until a few days ago been able to modify and save my network properties ok I connected a new DisplayLink USB docking station that lead to an update of some sort I believed this to be 8 Not Properties Saving Network Connection Windows to do with associated drivers I Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving let this go ahead and it may well have nothing to do with the problems I have been having First of all I couldn't even see the IP parameters and kept getting an error as follows quot In Order to Configure TCP IP You Must Install and Enable a Network Adapter Card quot The wired and wireless was working in environments where I could use DHCP so I was confident the hardware was ok Uninstalling the drivers and then updating them has got me passed this problem so I can see and edit the IP parameters However now they are never saved I edit them close the window re-edit them and they are back to automatic settings I need to use static settings in the office So far as I can see there are possibilities I don't have permissions to save these settings wherever they are stored But I have administrator permissions Where are the settings stored I have saved them before How can I get access to be able to save them again Something else is overwriting the settings How do I find out what and stop it Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Or a way to diagnose solve my problem Thanks in advance Steve

A:Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving

Have you tried running a system file corruption scan/repair using the sfc /scannow command?

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32329-windows-8-network-connection-properties-not-saving.html
Relevancy 65.79%

This is a fairly new install of Windows 8 pro (within the last month), and while trying to set up a static ip up today I found that I was unable to access the network properties or disable the connection in the Network Connections. I am pretty stumped as I am the only user of this computer and from what I can tell have the correct permissions to do so. When trying to check the properties it tells me "an unexpected error has occurred" with no further information.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

A:Unable to access properties of my network connection.

It sounds like you aren't using an Admin account on this machine.

Under Computer Management, Local Users and Groups>Users, you should see your name there, under the Member Of' Tab, you should be listed at a member of the Administrators and Home Users. You can add the credentials if you aren't.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21814-unable-access-properties-my-network-connection.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have symptoms that I am having trouble getting rid All of them started Network Properties Connection Nowfind, WebSiteViewer, nights WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties ago and I have been trying to get rid of them since then First of all I have something called WebSiteViewer that keeps coming back even after it appears that it has been removed I have read WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties other logs on this forum about it and I have tried some of the advice but with no avail Second when I open a web browser it is going WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties to www nowfind net Third if I click on my Wireless Network Connection properties the window disappers without opening the properties So for so more detailed information on what I know about what is going on The WebSiteViewer has installed in C Program Files WebSiteViewer There are five files in that directory ban dd dlr exe and ico There is also a shortcut on my desktop and a shortcut on my Start Menu for the exe There is also a misb exe file in my root directory C that I believe is related as it has the same icon There is a process with an image name of dlr running I started out by manually deleting all of this stuff and manually shutting down the process I have also tried Spybot and Adware Both of these programs also found the WebSiteViewer stuff listed above as well as a few registry keys dealing with them They both seemed to remove everything however after a reboot everything comes back So somewhere there is something still living that reinstalls everything once I reboot The www nowfind net problem I initially tried just setting my default URL back to blank as I had it Which it accepts but then the next time I open a browser it is back If I type a URL without the preceding http then it automatically goes to www nowfind net however if I fully qualify the URL with http then it goes where I expect In the registry for HCU and HLM under Microsoft- gt Internet Explorer there are a number of entries that have the www nowfind net URL including Search and SearchURL Then under Main still under Internet Explorer there are Default Page URL Default Search URL Search Bar Search Page and Start Page And then under Search in CustomizeSearch and SearchAssistant I have tried deleting all of these registry entries manually However they come right back even without a reboot I can delete them then just refresh and they are right back So here again something is running that puts them back If I view my available Wireless Network Connections then hit the advanced tab then select my network and hit configure or properties then the window just disappears instead of opening the properties The last thing that I should mention is that I have also run CWShredder and TrendMicros virus scan the web version that is available from a link that I found somewhere in thisforum I am running XP and I also am running an outdated version of McAfee that came free on my computer Now I have never run HijackThis before I simply downloaded it and ran it I ran it while all of symptoms above were present as I stated AdWare and Spybot will remove the WebSiteViewer comes back after a reboot and the www nowfind net comes back right away I also read somewhere on the forum to use the KRC HijackThisAnalyzer so here is the result txt from it Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - Service McAfee com McShield McShield - Unknown owner - c... Read more

A:WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

...A Reflection On Spyware...

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

...greyknight17 DOT com...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/websiteviewer-nowfind-network-connection-properties-42318.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Team,

I have a problem with my Local Area Connection. I have installed the driver correctly and can access the internet also. But when I go to Open Network and sharing center -> change adapter setting -> I can not see Local Area Connection icon appear. My OS is windows 7, HP System.

A:Local area connection is not showing in network properties

Welcome to Seven forums mail.

Can you please post a picture of Device manager and a picture in the adapter settings where your local area connection should be?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331350-local-area-connection-not-showing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

A:How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to reserve an IP for my computer but when I went to the Connection with issue protocols, missing and services Network Properties clients, properties of my wireless network connection the connection properties window is Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing missing everything except for Client for Microsoft Networks Even the connect using field has nothing Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing in it The wireless connection is working but I can t get to the TCP IP protocol to reserve the IP instead of using DHCP Here is an image of the issue An screen cap of my wireless network connection properties can be seen here http i photobucket com albums hh gremmie untitled jpg Has anyone ever seen this Any ideas to fix it Thanks for any info EDIT I forgot to mention that when I click the install button and click either client service or protocol I get an error message that says quot Could not add the requested component The error is The system cannot find the file specified quot so I can t reinstall the TCP IP Protocol to reserve the IP nbsp

A:Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing

Click on install then choose protocol then add and see....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-properties-issue-with-protocols-clients-and-services-missing.692118/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am trying to add a refurbished HP system Windows System 7: change setting network Properties Can't > ID setting to my menagerie It had Windows Pro bit installed when I got it I went through the setup without any problems created a user account for myself Lewis set the system name Windows 7: Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting to TestPC and started installing and testing some software Simple internet access Windows 7: Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting web page browsing is working fine Today I connected and external disk drive from a Windows XP system and I was able to successfully read anything on it But when I attempted to delete a file I was told I needed permission even though I am the administrator I found some instructions at Microsoft for changing ownership of the files on the external drive so I did that It was then that I noticed the user name shown was Lewis TestPC Lewis and I was still not able to delete files on the external drive Being primarily a Unix person I have been fumbling around looking for something that would indicate why Windows felt the need to attach the system name to user names In Computer gt Properties gt Computer name domain and workgroup settings gt System Properties gt Computer Name gt Network ID I found a selection with the following description quot This computer is part of aa business network I use it to connect to other computers at work quot Since this is not true I selected the other option and worked my way back out to restart the computer After the restart that erroneous setting was still there I have tried several more times to change it but they have all failed Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Lewis

A:Windows 7: Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting

Hi Lewis, welcome to the Seven Forums.

The \\DOMAIN_OR_PC_NAME\USERNAME combination is not erroneous, it's how Windows keeps track of users in your network (even if said network only has one Windows PC).

For Windows, when a computer does not belong to a domain, the PC name is used instead of a domain name. I am currently typing this using a laptop with name AGM-W8LAP02 (my own naming policy, my home network is called AGM and this is Windows 8 Laptop number 02). My complete username for this user profile I am currently using on this computer is \\AGM-W8LAP02\Kari. This combination \\DOMAIN_OR_PC_NAME\USERNAME does separate my user profile Kari on this computer from user profile Kari on other computers. User \\AGM-W8LAP02\Kari is not the same user than \\AGM-W7DESK01\Kari.

For Windows it's easier and more logical to use this naming policy even if your PC would be the only one in network. If you now add computers to your network which also contain user profile Lewis, Windows does not have to change the system to be able to separate users not only from other users on the same computer but also from same users on other computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332361-windows-7-cant-change-setting-system-properties-network-id-setting.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm trying to set setting > change Can't network ID Properties setting System up a Synology Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting NAS for my home network however I can only access via the Synology utility and through a browser using the Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting internal IP address It does not otherwise appear on my network I can't ping it map drives to it by any method etc Googling suggests that this problem can be linked the setting in system gt computer name domain and workgroup settings gt change settings gt Network ID and ensuring it is set to 'This is a home network' However my computer is stuck on 'this computer is part of a business network' if I change the setting it asks for a restart and immediately reverts to 'business' Does anyone know what might be causing this Any way to force the setting My network itself is set to 'home' Other potential solutions to the NAS problem are also welcome as that's what the real issue is although I feel I've hunted most of the low hanging fruit already Thanks -Kyle

A:Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting

If this machine ever belonged to a Domain then it would say that. The problem is that once you are part of a Domain you will be locked out of changing the location settings.

Domain Network: For domain networks in large corporate environments. This type of network is controlled by a network administrator and can?t be changed.

You may be able to change this by going to Winkey + R to open Run prompt and type gpedit.msc

Navigate to: Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Setting | Network List Manager Policies > Network Location tab, you may be able to change the location here but it may still be locked down by the Domain group policy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286266-cant-change-setting-system-properties-network-id-setting.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I've been having problems with my computer starting yesterday There is a program that wants to change my registry information my display properties and there are a bunch of popups when I go to the internet Any help will be greatful Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched exe C Program Files Common to my change information, Spyware display change properties, wanting popups! registry Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system TPWRTRAY EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Wireless Hotkey TosHKCW exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system Spyware wanting to change my registry information, change display properties, popups! TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C PROGRA VERIZO SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS Spyware wanting to change my registry information, change display properties, popups! ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS System THotkey exe C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C WINDOWS ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files ESPNRunTime DIGServices exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exe C WINDOWS system ezSP Px exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files s stem w wexec exe C DOCUME Owner APPLIC ASEMBL msconfig exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn RaMaint exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - C Program Files SurfSideKick SskBho dll F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe qxjnler exe O - HKLM Run Tpwrtray TPWRTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run TosHKCW exe quot C Program Files TOSHIBA Wireless Hotkey TosHKCW exe quot O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe Type O - HKLM Run TDispVol TDispVol exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ivp ism pinger exe run O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA VERIZO SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run DigidesignMMERefresh C Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINDOWS System THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTH... Read more

A:Spyware wanting to change my registry information, change display properties, popups!

Do not create a new thread for the same issue. Your other thread has been deleted. A 24 hour period must pass before a bump is allowed.

Please read this thread:

http://www.techsupportforum.com//sec...ijackthis.html

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before begining the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

You have mutiple infections, and this will take several passes to get it all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download the file - combofix.zip
Within it, double-click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts given
Depending on the severity of your infection, it may reboot your machine 1-2 times.
When it's done, it shall produce a report which you should post back here. Should it not open, it it located at C:\combofix.txt

Also post a new HJT log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/spyware-wanting-to-change-my-registry-information-change-display-properties-popups-102189.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 58.05%

I was installing some software (dial up.jpg) and noticed my connection is set for dial up (dial up 2), and it should be LAN. Could someone help me change this to what it should be??

when I originally got this computer I was having connection problems, I'd have to delete the connection and then reconnect (I think).

so how do I create a LAN connection?

(network and Sharing,jpg) Do I click that 'Ready To Create'? The Create A Homegroup??

A:Network Connection Is Dial Up Should Be LAN, How To Change?

Hello Joe mate first some system specs please System Info - See Your System Specs as it seems you need some LAN driver for whatever board you have - hence need to know system specs.

If you cannot get the driver using the Windows system what I normally do do is access another machine download the driver for whatever onto a stick and then install the driver from the stick to the machine.

Edit I meant to add I see you have AVG on the machine - a piece of rubbish as far as I am concerned try disabling it or better still use something else.
I would also run these
SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
Malwarebytes | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium
AdwCleaner Download
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If you are running Kaspersky as the main AV then it might need disabling it when trying ADW because it does not like it at times)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/401176-network-connection-dial-up-should-lan-how-change.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I m trying to enable XP s firewall for a friend and Can't Settings Connection Network change am trying to follow the help rules gt gt Can't change Network Connection Settings gt gt gt gt gt gt Can't change Network Connection Settings gt gt gt gt gt gt To enable Can't change Network Connection Settings or disable Internet Connection Firewall Open Network Connections Click the Dial-up LAN or High-Speed Internet connection that you want to protect and then under Network Tasks click Change settings of this connection On the Advanced tab under Internet Connection Firewall select one of the following To enable Internet Connection Firewall ICF select the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box To disable Internet Connection Firewall clear the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt HOWEVER when I choose the internet connection it s dial-up I can t get anything to happen when I click on properties or on the left side by clicking on the quot Change Settings quot link I don t use XP myself and I really don t feel my friend needs the fire wall but she wants it etc etc She s not on a network at all and is maybe connected for a hour per day But I m a bit miffed that I can t get that properties tab open to follow the rest of the directions Any suggestions Thanks Michelle in PA email protected nbsp

A:Can't change Network Connection Settings

Also verify that it is set to run on startuo by navigating to control panel . administrative tools > services and find "Application Layer gateway". Right click it and be sure it is set to automatic then click apply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-network-connection-settings.159608/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have just set up the "o2 HomeBox 6641".

How can one change the name of the network connection:

"WiFi" can be changed / renamed, but "o2-WLAN" cannot, I would like to rename it.

How / where can I change the WPA2 key, the password for the Internet connection?

And, do I need a password - there is no one else using the Notebook - to enter the program / GUI in the browser to change settings for the router?

A:How to change name and password of network connection?

It can only be done in the Wireless settings on the Gateway or Access Point. If the Gateway requires a password and you do not have it, that means that you need to leave alone.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43469-how-change-name-password-network-connection.html
Relevancy 57.62%

When I change users my network connection no longer works. I tried all of the network diagnostic troubleshooting things, and the system doesn't seem to be aware that there is a problem. I have to log-out, then restart the system, then login to the new user for everything to be OK. Any suggestions?

A:Change of user drops network connection

Welcome to Seven Forums!

When you login the new user can you open a command prompt an run an ipconfig /all command then post the output?

Another item to look at is in the Network and Sharing Center. At the right click on Change Adapter settings. Then find your network adapter and right click on it. Select Properties. Click the Configure button next to the name of the adapter. Select the Power Management tab and clear the checkbox that allows the computer to turn off the device to save power. Click OK. You can close all the remaining windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/62376-change-user-drops-network-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,
I've some users added to 'Network configuration operator' on Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and they cannot open the properties dialog of network interface. I've tested the KB2157332 on Windows 7 x64 Pro
without SP1 and it works, but I cannot install it on W7SP1 computer, . I'm looking a SP1 version of the hotfix but I cannot find it. 
I've read
this and
this post but still getting the issue
Any idea to solve it?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd6896d1-1e9d-49ac-955a-2492179ed728/network-configuration-operator-cannot-open-the-properties-dialog-of-a-network-interface?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.89%

I have changed the name of my business and now when I create a Word document the old name is shown in the summary under properties.

I think this comes from the normal.dot file but I can figure out how to change it.

Any help appreciated.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I am on Windows 7 and I cant find how to add the author or any other properties for a png file I created. I even read one of the tutorials here but still unable to. The only thing I can modify is the shooting time.

What can I do?

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/music-pictures-video/393340-how-change-properties-png-file.html
Relevancy 52.89%

How do i change all the settings that have the square around it http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2...mpropertie.gif i would like to change it all (the pics text and stuff) to match a theme thanks in advance

A:How do I change these system properties?

This should get you started for now: How to change Windows orb in System Properties?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/144060-how-do-i-change-these-system-properties.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I share my computer with two other people in my family Yesterday I noticed that if I put a desktop background on my computer from the internet it changes Properties Change My Desktop my sister s to the same thing and vice versa Saved pictures and the backgrounds the computer comes with don t do this however Also the third user on our My Desktop Properties Change computer doesn t have this problem and her settings are all ok The other thing that I see on my my account and my sister s is that under properties under desktop under background in addition to a list of all the backgrounds the computer comes with evey one of my pictures saved under quot My Pictures quot appears as an option as well On my account it s all of my saved pictures and on my sister s it s all of hers My Desktop Properties Change Besides the background changing between the two accounts and a now extremly long list of every possible file that can be used as a background i haven t seen any other problems yet Just for the heck of it i ran Spysweeper and Norton AntiVirus and nothing came up It s really annoying however to have my settings change Thank you if you can help

A:My Desktop Properties Change

This is a Windows XP machine? What SP level? Do you install the Windows Updates?
What type of User accounts are the three users?

I'm not sure what your problem is but if you give us more info others may be able to help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/22867/my-desktop-properties-change/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi i display change properties. I can't my am new to these forums and am hoping that someone can help me i cant change my display settings I log on enter the control panel and open up personalisation but I cant open the 'display settings' option when I click it an error message pops up and says 'C Windows system rundll exe windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item ' It is the same for Theme Desktop background Windows colour and appearance screensaver and some other stuff in the control panel I personally think I've changed or removed something I can't change my display properties. in the registry or have malware or something like that it could just be what it says although im not sure I'm not very good with technical computer stuff so could you explain it carefully for me It's annoying because I left it in bit while I recorded something then this happened Also I've tried running the computer in safe mode its the same problem then I logged onto the other administrators login and it worked problem was I couldnt change my settings from that login only theirs So please someone help ive been looking on the internet for about days straight and have accomplished nothing I'm running Vista home premium bit with service pack Thanks in advance- Keanine

A:I can't change my display properties.

fixed it after 100 days lol, made a new user and copied my stuff. got a new laptop now anyways

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/284328-i-cant-change-my-display-properties.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently changed my user account, I made a new one and deleted my old one but kept my files. Now I am no longer able to pin stuff to taskbar, change my folder and search settings, change the default application to open a file, etc. I have no idea how to fix this. I mean my user account is the Computer Administrator, I took ownership of every file on this user account but still. I have no idea how to fix this.

Sorry for the vague title, I didn't know how to really explain the situation since it includes so many things to it.

A:Can't change any of my settings or properties

Since no one can help, I'll just re-install windows. ;~;

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/260860-cant-change-any-my-settings-properties.html
Relevancy 52.03%

How can I customize the orb in the System Properties?

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/295...rties310x3.png

That is the orb I am talking about.

A:How to change Windows orb in System Properties?

You can probably change it, but it may take a lot of work and hacking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/31057-how-change-windows-orb-system-properties.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello i have a problem here i am trying to remove the Read only only Cannot change my folders Read of properties the property of a folder so the things in there Cannot change the Read only properties of my folders can start writing its settings to it but the problem is it just wont allow it i remove the setting from the folder and when i check it again the second after the damn Read only setting is on again - - using a Dell computer WinXP home edition SP using Avira antiVir free Zone alarm firewall free Spybot search amp destroy including tea timer and as scan on demand i use SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition MBAM Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and as added on protection i use SpywareBlaster Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and as a side note don t be afraid to have complicated guides or dangerous ones either like Reg editing since i Cannot change the Read only properties of my folders am a bit of a geek and not afraid to bleep up my comp XD oh Cannot change the Read only properties of my folders and sorry if its a bit messy first time posting a problem here and wanted it to be structured but might just be a mess S XD EDIT This is for game settings not saving oh and if does matter the folder is under My Documents EDIT i now see its only on the folders itself so all files can be edited but it cannot make a file in the folder sorry if you don t understand i have never been good at explination

A:Cannot change the Read only properties of my folders

You could try saving it under "Save As" and rename it with a 2 added after the File Name?

Then I think you should be able to do as you like to it? Even then overwrite the Original File later?

Edit. Just be careful that it is not a Protected Folder in Windows or in some Programs, or you can do some Damage to the System. Obviously Back up any Files before you even think about it!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216080/cannot-change-the-read-only-properties-of-my-folders/
Relevancy 52.03%

When I go into Display Properties to change my desktop picture, the computer won't let me click on any picture to change it on the desktop. The selection part is greyed out so I can't even change the tile or stretch. Is there a way to change it back to the way it was?

A:Can't change pictures in display properties

Try this regedit from kellys-korner.
Click on the letter W.
Save this regedit to your desktop and double click it.
Allow Wallpaper/Background Changes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-pictures-in-display-properties.594647/
Relevancy 52.03%

My pendrive was showing "it is write protected and your pendrive is read only".
could someone help me to resolve my problem?
I'm using sandisk cruzer edge 8 GB pendrive

A:How can I change my pendrive read only properties?

Is it This: http://www.sandisk.com/products/software/secureaccess ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-change-my-pendrive-read-only-properties.1140911/
Relevancy 52.03%

when I restart my XP system it will come up at 16 colors and low resolution. Restart again and the original display properties come back. Any ideas on where the problem lies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-change-on-restart.109541/
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently purchased a dell dimension desktop off of a neighbor because they went with a laptop. I upgraded the win xp to xp pro. when I look in system properties the PC is registered to the previous owner. Not the XP software, just the PC.

How do I change the registered name on the PC so it no longer shows the previous owners name?

Thanks

A:Change The Registered Name In System Properties?

Well, you can change your name in the registry but mucking around in there is not something I think anyone highly recommends unless you know what you are doing. So doing so is at your own risk and I would make a registry backup before making any changes in there.Go to Start menu and select Run and type regeditFind and go to below key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version Change your name in following subkey :Registered Owner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/104904/change-the-registered-name-in-system-properties/
Relevancy 52.03%

Is there a way to change the properties of a file extension? As an example: I would like "all" .txt files to be hidden.

Thanks

A:Is there a way to change the properties of a file extension?

Hello Rwmol,

You could use the command below to set all .txt files on say the C: drive to be hidden. It will not hide any .txt files that are considered to be Windows 7 system files due to access denied though, but it will all other .txt files found on the C: drive.

If you like, you could substitute C with any drive letter that you would like to hide .txt files in, or substitute C:\ with the full path of a specific folder that you would like to hide all .txt files in it and it's subfolders.

File and Folder - Hide or Unhide

ATTRIB +H "C:\*.txt" /S /D

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211312-there-way-change-properties-file-extension.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I have been unable to share files Not only between two computers both running Windows which I'm trying to sync some files in OneNote but I can't even change the properties I've tried everything from going into advances sharing settings in the drive and giving full permission to just the share to change properties files Can't basic right clicking on the file clicking Share With and trying to click Homegroup or going into specific people and no matter what it just Can't change properties to share files keeps saying Nobody with the lock icon next to it I have gone into the firewall and made sure that's not an issue it just seems that no matter Can't change properties to share files what Windows just will not allow me to share ANY files in my documents folders Help I've been working on this for days straight now and getting nowhere I'm about sapped dry I have a feeling this is why I cannot use software that I am trying to use to sync Outlook between my computers The computers are recognized but they will not establish a connection Maybe this is a separate issues but perhaps it is all related to file sharing in general I cannot use my new desktop until I these files are able to be shared Thanks

A:Can't change properties to share files

And yes, file sharing has been enabled, and I forgot also to say that I I have set it so that password is not needed to share files also. How do I just get that da*$#ned locked icon to go away when I go into Share so that I can enable everyone to have access to the files?!

It is just me with a laptop and desktop both in the same homegroup, trying to simply have files accessible between the two. I have no great security needs, no big office with many computers that I need to worry about security on, etc.

However, when I do go into security settings for the C drive, and try to give full access to the administrator (me), it denies this access, runs through many files as though it is going to change the seetings, but then says I am denied access to the files and it won't complete the changeover to owner status. It's just one big nightmare. Also, when I've clicked on administrator in the drive security settings, the checkboxes for full access are checked, but they are greyed out. I can't change anything there.

thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206945-cant-change-properties-share-files.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi
I was trying to figure out how to open and edit a dosbox.conf file, ive worked it out now, use notepad.

But in the process of figuring it out, i changed the properties of all my .conf files to open with dosbox.

I want to set it so nothing is selected as the default opening device.
But i dont get that option in properties, it will only allows me to swap opening the device, not delete it.

thanks

A:cant change the properties of a file to 'open with' nothing

I am not sure if there is a simple UI for that, but you can easily do this directly in the registry.

Open regedit, open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT key (click on it in the left pane) and scroll down to find the conf entry in the left pane, right-click on it, and delete. After you restart the machine, the file association will be gone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/191186-cant-change-properties-file-open-nothing.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey I ve just rebuilt my XP can't logging in out: properties change window! computer and reinstalled XP logging out: can't change in properties window! XP it s gone back to the default of logging me out after minutes of inactivity and I want to change that so it doesn t log me out at all However the properties window the one you reach by right clicking XP logging out: can't change in properties window! on the desktop XP logging out: can't change in properties window! is different to how it should be- when I first installed XP it was the normal window with the tabs for themes desktop screensaver appearance and settings However for some reason recently all it s doing is show the tabs for themes appearance and settings so I can t reach the power settings that should be under the screensaver tab I ve tried accessing power settings via the control panel but I can t seem to find anything to turn it off or change it- any help on this one And any help on getting my display properties window back to how it should be showing all the tabs Thanks nbsp

A:XP logging out: can't change in properties window!

copy this code into a notepad, save as restoretabs.reg

doubleclick restoretabs.reg and confirm import to registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-logging-out-cant-change-in-properties-window.747838/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hei friends,

Please adv how to change the file name in the SS as attached below.
My tag editor or the player wont recognize it.
Wish to change-
Type Of File from TMP File
TO
Winamp Media file
for example
I tried going via Properties>advanced, no luck.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Cheers

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi. I am running windows XP Home edition with SP3 (service pack 3). When ever i click on my Taskbar to view/change the date and time, i get a message(window) that says "You do not have the proper privilege level to change the system time." I only have one account on the computer and the account type is administrator. I was thinking it might be my firewall which is comodo internet security but even with that turned off i still get the same message. Please let me know if this is a minor problem that i do not have to worry about or a serious system failure/ virus or what ever else it maybe. Thank you for the help.

P.S. I have run multiple virus scans and they all come out clean.

A:Cant change date and time properties

Check for solution here:http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/article...permissions.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/208193/cant-change-date-and-time-properties/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a weird problem I have several users on can't user properties desktop change my machine A couple of weeks ago as a user I was formatting my second HDD while can't change user desktop properties in Windows Windows XP SP One of the IDE cables died causing the machine to restart and not recognize the HDD S I replaced the cable and everything appeared normal Recently I discovered that when using that user Windows will not accept changes for properties other than desktop background such as screen saver settings power settings turn of monitor after a period can't change user desktop properties of time I can make the changes but as soon as I exit and go back to look at them they are still at default It is just this user All other users are OK Any suggestions System info System Model Windows XP Professional Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States MSI MS- Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Not hyper-threaded Board MSI MS- Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc Version T

A:can't change user desktop properties

Try this : READ instructions at top of the page.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Line 30. Windows XP Doesn't Save User Settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-change-user-desktop-properties-538307.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi All I had a question in here if you're interested but no need to TCP/IP to or properties shortcut Script change read in order to answer this question in which I Script or shortcut to change TCP/IP properties outlined my difficulties in having to daily reinstall my wireless broadband card It didn't surprise me much that no one had an answer - it is after all a card network few of you would have encountered Anyway I discovered that I could get by with simply deleting the quot dial up quot connection out of quot Network Connections quot and when I inserted my card a new one would be created i e I didn't need to reinstall all the associated software That's a tolerable work-around except for one thing In order to operate VPN and also browse the net essential to get my emails I have to alter one of the default settings in the quot dial up quot connection each time it's created The path is Right-click on the connection Properties Click on 'Networking' tab Click on 'Internet Protocol TCP IP ' Click 'Properties' button Click 'Advanced' button Uncheck 'Use default gateway on remote network' Click OK three times Now this is quite a hassle as you can imagine Can anyone suggest a way this value can be found and updated directly in the registry Ideally I'd like to end up with an icon that I can double-click to make the change

A:Script or shortcut to change TCP/IP properties

I'm not sure how to do it in the registry, but if you want I could code a macro to do the job for you. All you'd need to do is double click on a program and it'd do all the work for you. However, this wouldn't be the simplest thing to program and it'd just mirror your mouse movements. You'd still need to wait for it to finish as if you did it yourself, but it would move a lot faster. This makes it more of a temporary work-around rather than a permanent solution.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/script-or-shortcut-to-change-tcp-ip-properties-376154.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Good day to all. I'm having a hard time changing my software protection properties, specifically the startup type in the General tab. I will attach an image of what it looks like (will the picture enlarge when you click it?):

If you look at it, the startup type is grayed out and cannot be selected and changed. I have tried searching for remedies for this and some people said that I should temporarily disable my antivirus software, and so I did. But to no avail. I'm also the admin and the sole user in this computer. Can anyone please help me? Thank you so much for taking your time in reading this.

A:Can't change Software Protection properties (services.msc)

It is grayed out, because disabling it might cause problems, like loosing your activation, un-ability to install updates, etc, I have it set to Automatic and it is not running. If you want to disable it, do it via registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sppsvc]
"Start"=dword:00000004

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/63892-cant-change-software-protection-properties-services-msc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I would really like to remove the name and details of the person who built my computer, from the My Computer Properties page. It's no longer relevant; but I can't see how to do it. Anyone know?

A:My computer properties oemlogo and info change

I apologise if I have used the wrong forum for this. I should perhaps take it to the software and hardware forum.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-properties-oemlogo-and-info-change.764627/
Relevancy 51.6%

I had to reimage my sons computer because of a virus. After reinstalling windows xp the monitor was set to default setting. The setting is so large you can't scroll to the buttons needed to reset the display to a smaller setting. The question is .... How can I reset the display to a smaller setting with out going through the gui in windows?

Thanks Brent

A:Monitor display properties reset and can't change them

Hi Brent and welcome to TSF !

You'll need to reinstall your video drivers before you'll be able to change the resolution.

Else you can use tab to move from an option to the other, the arrow keys to move the resolution cursor, and enter to validate (when you're on ok, or apply). Do it on another computer at the same time so you can guess where you are if you really can't see but a tiny bit of the window.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-display-properties-reset-and-cant-change-them-177978.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

I was trying to change a mp3 file properties > details, but it won't let me. There is nothing listed.

When looking in explorer, it shows no album information or title.

It does it with video files as well, so I am assuming all properties.

When I do change something from the bottom, it gives me error 0x80004005: Unspecified error.

'An unexpected error is keeping you from applying properties to the file'

I used to be able to, so not sure what happened!

MediaMonkey can see the details, but every file on the computer, I can't see the details in explorer?

Do I have to register some .dll? Regserv32 of some sort?

A:Can't change any file properties, error 0x80004005

One of the other forum sections would be more appropriate for this problem, since this section is for actual audio problems.

Maybe the Crashes and Debugging would be a good place to start since you are getting the error code. http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/193297-cant-change-any-file-properties-error-0x80004005.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Now, I did something pretty stupid. All my .sfk files (Which help WMP open all my .mp3 .avi .wav EVERYTHING open) are changed to open with iTunes. This was a stupid mistake, and I don't know how to change the properties to default again. Anyone that knows what to do? Please, tell me all known solutions.

A:Need to know how to: Change properties to .sfk file back to normal

Default File Type Associations - Restore may help. Post back whether it solves the problem or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229551-need-know-how-change-properties-sfk-file-back-normal.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Would it be possible to add "Move to" and "Copy to" to the pull down options in Folders?

I remember "installing" this option via TuneUp 2009 in my XP, but I don't want to load another program to my set up...

Thanks

A:Change properties of folders (Move/Copy To)

Context Menu - Add Copy To Folder and Move To Folder
Check out this tutorial!

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/18143-change-properties-folders-move-copy.html
Relevancy 51.6%

How do you change the info and pictures on the system properties, gernal tab.

A:How to change info on System Properties General Tab

Not sure about your OS but it should be related to 2 files. Oeminfo.ini and Oemlogo.bmp... This link will help -

http://www.aumha.org/a/oemdata.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-info-on-system-properties-general-tab.96150/
Relevancy 51.6%

The right click properties/ Display properties/ settings/ color change frequently when I open some programs such as VLC media player and even if I use Control Panel network connections.

It jumps from Highest 32bit to lowest 8bit going black in between.
Can I fix this?

I am running the resolution at 1024 x 768 pixels, DPI normal 96, refresh 85 hz, full acceleration.

Dell Trinitron S3 Dx 9
VIA Chrome9 HC IGP 256mb video memory
1 TB of onboard and external memory
Microsoft driver 5.1.2001.0
ACPI 2 AMD Athlon 64 x 2 dual core multiprocessor 4200+ 2.2ghz
1gb ram

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-color-properties-change-frequently-471017.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hey guys
i have a dilemma with changing my wallpaper
I click on display properties->desktop tab->no response, just freezes
i click on the red cross to get out and comes up with message saying can't run rundll32.exe as app

I've tried looking for solutions but no one seems to know.
I can set wallpaper by clicking on a photo then 'set as wallpaper' but i can't center them as the option is in the display properties desktop tab

cheers

A:can't change wallpaper. desktop tab in properties no repsonse

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-wallpaper-desktop-tab-in-properties-no-repsonse.680358/
Relevancy 51.6%

I tried to print properties. certain Brother change printer-can't MFC-420cn a coupon from a commercial website but instead got a message that my printer properties had a setting of quot Keep printed documents quot that needed to be unchecked before I could print the coupons Okay so I went to Brother MFC-420cn printer-can't change certain properties. the printer properties via the control panel and unchecked that specific box under the advanced tab clicked the quot Apply quot button and then clicked the quot OK quot button The problem is this change wouldn t seem to take effect or hold Even when I immediately reopened the properties page the checkmark was again there unchanged I ve sent off a request to Brother already but they only have business hours and I may not hear from them util Jan or later If anyone knows why the normal use of the quot Apply quot and quot OK quot buttons is insufficient to affect a permanent change to my printer properties I d love to hear from you nbsp

A:Brother MFC-420cn printer-can't change certain properties.

Rromblem solved........Brother replied very quickly to my surprise. Problem is resolved by changing driver in properties section.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-mfc-420cn-printer-cant-change-certain-properties.665899/
Relevancy 51.6%

Virtually every file shows read only when I right click on it and choose properties. In uncheck read only, then click apply and choose applies to all subfolders and files. Windows appears to change the properties (a window opens up and a green progress bar fills). But if I click OK and close properties, when I look at properties again, they are shown as read only again.

This happens both when I am logged in under my user name, as well as if I log in as administrator.

What's the deal? Am I doing something wrong. The only difficulty it's created so far was when attempting ti embed a cover art JPG into an MP3 file in my music library.

A:All files show Read Only in Properties- I cannot change

Hello patagriff,

Are you sure that it's read only.

If it's got a dot or blank in the Read-only box, then it's not set to be read only.

Only when it's checked is it read only.

Keep clicking on the Read-only box to see the different options.

Hope tis helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17375-all-files-show-read-only-properties-i-cannot-change.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey folks!

On my desktop (Windows 7 Professional), I continue to have this program icon that always reappears on my desktop. I can move it and delete it via recycle bin, but whenever I put the computer to sleep and wake it back up or reboot it, the icon reappears on the desktop, forcing me to delete it again. It's gotten to the point where it's a huge pain. Here are a few screenshots.

The first one, shows my desktop with the placement of the icon. It comes back here no matter what I do, each time I log on. The 2nd and 3rd screenshots show the folder path and the location of the icon. Notice, how it shows my name and then desktop. I figure this is the reason behind it continuing to show up on my desktop. All I want to do is change the location and folder path, so it doesn't keep showing up. Please help!

A:HOW TO: How to change icon properties/Folder path

My Avast, when a certain function is turned on [something to do with having a secure place on the hard-drive similar to IdentityGuard's sandbox-like browser], it always always placed that particular icon on the desktop, without fail. You just might have some similar setting or built-in setting in that program you displayed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365222-how-how-change-icon-properties-folder-path.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Everyone Just recently installed Windows Professional bit on a P B Asus motherboard running a Intel Pentium Dual Cpu E GHz Dual Core not two Cpu's I ran XP bit on it up till recently and because does in Windows properties, the emblem, Why change? computer for 7 I am starting to replace my laptop with one running Windows I felt I should upgrade the print server So my question Why does the emblem avatar whatever you wish to call it change I am talking about the one that represents the installation of Windows Professional It can be found in the control panel gt All Control panel items gt System or if you right click Computer and click properties it comes right up It is the same page that tells you at the bottom whether you are Genuine or activated Why does the emblem, in computer properties, for Windows 7 change? In the middle Why does the emblem, in computer properties, for Windows 7 change? it has the Windows Experience index When I first installed Windows it was like a green ball I think now it is a PC with blue wallpaper and white Microsoft flag Any thoughts PS I will try and take a screen shot of it and attach it later nbsp Win Prop png nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Why does the emblem, in computer properties, for Windows 7 change?

Probably caused by Windows updates.  There've been a good bit of them in the last few months.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603079/why-does-the-emblem-in-computer-properties-for-windows-7-change/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I'm running win xp pro with service pack I but change properties... group I'm - gpedit.msc admin can't in certain and I'm an Administrator on the machine i e part of Administrators group One issue that I'm having is that whenever I boot up the machine - it doesn't keep the name of the last logged in user i e me I've googled around and found that this setting can gpedit.msc - I'm in admin group but I can't change certain properties... be accessed via gpedit msc Computer configuration - gt Windows Settings - gt Local Policies - gt Security Options - gt quot Interactive logon Do not display last user name quot which is set to quot Enabled quot When I try to change the above property - I get a grayed out window which doesn't allow me to change it What I'm wondering is how do I enable the ability to change this property within gpedit msc Now one natural question is whether I'm quot really quot an admin on the system I've checked and re-checked that I'm part of Administrators group I also can change things like the Autoplay option via gpedit msc without a problem Computer Configuration - gt Administrative Templates - gt System - gt quot Turn off Autoplay quot property So my question is - how do I enable complete property edit throughout gpedit msc is there some registry setting or something else I've looked around google and the hits gpedit.msc - I'm in admin group but I can't change certain properties... I've gotten were about how to use gpedit msc to change properties but not how to deal with this kind of restriction Any info and help would be greatly appreciated El

A:gpedit.msc - I'm in admin group but I can't change certain properties...

The only thing I can think is that someone enabled this policy directly through Regedit, and this is causing gpedit not to recognize/allow policy change. You may want to look up on Google the specific key/value required by this policy and change it via regedit.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gpedit-msc-im-in-admin-group-but-i-cant-change-certain-properties-61608.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Windows 7 Pro Administrator Acct.

Desktop background photos are stored in this hidden folder C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT\MCT-US\Wallpaper

There are other folders in C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT that I want to use as well but not allowed to change properties.

I copied them into the MCT-US folder on 1 computer but would rather just change properties on my other computers.

A:Solved: Properties- change to allow use of read only files

change to allow use of read only files

depends what you mean by the word "use". If you just want to use them but not alter them, there's no need to change the file's properties. "Read only" just means you can't modify it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-properties-change-to-allow-use-of-read-only-files.1039988/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

I was trying to change a mp3 file properties > details, but it won't let me. There is nothing listed.

When looking in explorer, it shows no album information or title.

It does it with video files as well, so I am assuming all properties.

When I do change something from the bottom, it gives me error 0x80004005: Unspecified error.

'An unexpected error is keeping you from applying properties to the file'

I used to be able to, so not sure what happened!

MediaMonkey can see the details, but every file on the computer, I can't see the details in explorer?

Do I have to register some .dll? Regserv32 of some sort?

A:Can't change any file properties, error 0x80004005

I believe I know what is causing the issue, but not sure how to proceed.

I did a system restore back a week or so and it fixed it (but I reversed the restore), but Explorer.exe is giving me a 'No such interface supported error' when I right clicked on desktop and selected anything other than gadgets.

To fix that error I ran this in CMD: FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO "%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe" /s "%G

So I believe that command did something to the properties attributes.

Is there anyway of fixing the Explorer.exe error without running that command? Or is there a way to get both things functioning without one failing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193366-cant-change-any-file-properties-error-0x80004005.html
Relevancy 51.6%

In viewing System Properties on my PC I see the display of

Registered to:
SJ
SJones

This information is the default for registering any new software which is installed.

How can I change this? I searched through regedit but have not found the exact location of this information.

Sam
;

Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to mount a iso file but the mount option does not show up. So I try to change the properties of the file such that it opens with windows explorer. but I am unable to change the properties because I cant find the windows explorer option anywhere to choose. How to browse to windows explorer and choose it such that I get mount option. I am on a windows 2008 server.

A:unable to mount iso file as i cant change its properties

I don't know about Windows 2008 Server, however Windows prior to Win8 did not have the built-in ability to mount an ISO.
Try "Virtual CloneDrive" by Slysoft. It's a great product and it's free. SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/68081-unable-mount-iso-file-i-cant-change-its-properties.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Under Diplay settings when I try to change to 256 or True color (24bit) I get a message after rebooting that says: "There is a problem with your Display settings, the adapter type is incorrect or the current settings do not work with your hardware"

My system is a P-133, 16-ram running win-95...
thanks,.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

A:Can't access network properties,can't connect to network

Originally Posted by sogefurter

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28860-cant-access-network-properties-cant-connect-network.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Not sure why but when I got a windows update earlier in the week, when my laptop rebooted, all my icons had disappeared. I checked up and the icons size etc and made sure it was switched on (icon display) but nothing seems wrong. This happened on my desktop and in file explorer as well. I then thought about changing the theme to switch the icons but I can't find nor access theme chooser. Then tried to see if I could do it manually via properties but that doesn't work either! I'm at a loss to know whats gone wrong. I thought it might be related to the upgrade but uninstalled it and it remained the same. On my desktop all that is there are the names of the files/progs/ etc are there just no icon.
Help!

A:Lost icons and can't access theme change or properties!!

Hi Welcome to Windows Central! Sounds like you might need to do a in-place repair or refresh-reset. Maybe go in to Advanced Startup and try to restore to a earlier time. I'll be logging on and off all day. If you have questions I'll try to help you.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/445186-lost-icons-cant-access-theme-change-properties.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Sorry I try to explain what happen with my computer I notice this system was build for me and original XP pro was installed and now my oemlogo and oeminfo has change something irregular happening I included picture and HJT with it please somebody could helpme with this thanks oemlogo change computer properties and Solved: info My Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at Solved: My computer properties oemlogo and info change PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Maxtor Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Soft Ever looknstop looknstop exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C windows SSMS EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files Common Files Maxtor Schedule schedhlp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Desktop Sidebar dsidebar exe D Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBWebConnector QBWebConnector exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO Idea SidebarBrowserMonitor Class - AD C- CE - -B -B AD A - C Program Files Desktop Sidebar sbhelp dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run ... Read more

Relevancy 51.17%

What I am trying to do is find or create a script or batch file that changes the quot When I script change option How regedit or a to properties power through press the power button on my computer quot option - to always be set to Shut down - this is under the Power Options Properties Advanced tab What we are looking to do is push out this to several laptops to ensure when How to change power option properties through a script or regedit the power How to change power option properties through a script or regedit button is pushed it shuts down and does not go into standby My question is does anyone know of a script or registry edit that I can do to accomplish this as the company is running Server which does not offer a group policy setting or template and powercfg does not have this option I ve read that I can use a program like regshot to look for the changes in the registry but it appears that the system when changing between quot standby quot and quot shutdown quot changes some binary and hexidecimal settings all of which I would like to try to avoid editing if possible Any help would be appreciated Thank you for your time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-power-option-properties-through-a-script-or-regedit.937831/
Relevancy 51.17%

I've uploaded attachment.
Can't change black text into white.
I've tried every option under "Advanced appearance settings" but it is still black.
And also, I've checked out this link -> How to Change the Window Color and Appearance in Windows 7

A:How do I change font color inside e.g. properties box? (img attached)

Is this a third party custom theme? If so post a link to it and I will look at it and let you know.
Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/245142-how-do-i-change-font-color-inside-e-g-properties-box-img-attached.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Just read this article in " Makeuseof" Actually very cool!! Thought I'd share it

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-...rs-in-windows/

A:How to Change the Command Prompt Colors and properties in Windows

Originally Posted by AnEdge

Just read this article in " Makeuseof" Actually very cool!! Thought I'd share it

Yeah, quite cool to be able to match it to your theme!

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37871-how-change-command-prompt-colors-properties-windows.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I noticed that when within Windows Explorer or within files Properties I could no longer see the complete date of a file, Last modified, last viewed etc. --what was missing was the year. Then I recalled having changed how the clock on the task bar displays time--which does not show the year. I wondered if this was the reason why the year was no longer visible in Explorer or within file properties. Lo and behold I was correct. Arrg! Why should one effect the other? I do not need to see what year this is on my task bar, I would hope my sanity knows this. However, I would like to know when a file was modified or what have you. Is it possible to change one (task bar clock) without effecting all else?
Thank you

A:How to change the taskbar clock without affecting the file properties

Hello Pintree,

The short date format that you set may have been to long to fit on the taskbar. If so, you may need to use a short format. You may just need to play with the format using the tutorial below for a bit to see if you find one that works better.

Date Format for Taskbar System Tray - Show Full Day and Month Names

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306513-how-change-taskbar-clock-without-affecting-file-properties.html
Relevancy 51.17%

A:How to Change the Command Prompt Colors and properties in Windows

Originally Posted by AnEdge

Yeah, quite cool to be able to match it to your theme!

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/37871-how-change-command-prompt-colors-properties-windows.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My start menu is classic

When I try to change usin properties on taskbar doesn''t work

look this

Another way to change??

A:How to change Start form withour using Properties on taskbar

Hello,

Have you made any recent changes to the system that may have caused this?

Did you try to run a System Restore to a point when it was working properly?

Check the policies on the system to make sure not disabled.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/nosimplestartmenu.htm

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kba...WindowsXP.html

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-start-form-withour-using-properties-on-taskbar-361176.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hopefully the right place to ask, but I've downloaded numerous software to change the date/time, but what I want to do is change the time-stamp incrementally for a group of pictures, but not found one that does it for me.

Anyone suggest anything?

Basically I have a bunch of photos that I have named myself, but as android/IOS now orders by changed date/time, just changing all the dates/time for multiple files does not then order the files by filename.

So I want to select multiple files and change the time-stamp, but incrementing each one by a minute. Is there software that can do that?

A:Change Time Properties incrementally on multiple files

Hi and welcome to TSF is this what you want to do Change the date and time a picture was taken

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-time-properties-incrementally-on-multiple-files-816826.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I've tried dragging the cursor over it and reduce the size that way but all it does is hide the icons.

My taskbar is now huge because I have a HD monitor now and I've had to change the screen resolution otherwise my display is all of shape.

A:Solved: Which setting under Properties, Appearance, Advanced will change the taskbar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-which-setting-under-properties-appearance-advanced-will-change-the-taskbar.1119228/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey all Just change input! Taskbar->Properties->Customize: Settings withut my a minor irritation here I am running Windows XP Professional on a laptop msinfo says quot Version Service Pack Build quot and Windows XP Home Edition on a PC quot Service Pack Build quot On both Taskbar->Properties->Customize: Settings change withut my input! of these computers there's a problem where the taskbar will display a whole list of items that I have asked it Taskbar->Properties->Customize: Settings change withut my input! not to display It seems that each Taskbar->Properties->Customize: Settings change withut my input! time i start up either computer i go to Taskbar Properties click quot Customize quot and remove a whole bunch of crap from the taskbar It seems that I am perpetually re-setting a whole collection of taskbar icons to quot Always hide quot and Windows XP is perpetually setting them back to quot Hide when inactive quot or quot Always show quot On the laptop for example it is Local Area Connection Wireless Connection Network and Wireless Network Interface that are the main culprits Similarly on my PC it seems to be mostly things related to network internet connections Only my laptop has an internet connection at all and i don't use wireless and neither computer is on any sort of network I never use these taskbar icons at all really Which makes it seem especially bizarre when XP resets it to quot Hide when inactive quot and i can still see them because these icons should never be active since i never use them Since it happens on both my systems on XP Home and XP Professional and these systems have never been connected to each other i figure it must be a bug glitch with Windows XP itself which means other people must have encountered it Anyone have any tips

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taskbar-properties-customize-settings-change-withut-my-input-271425.html
Relevancy 50.31%

If I try to access the tcp/ip settings on my vista pc, to change the DNS entry for example; I get the following error

"Some of the controls on this property sheet are disabled beacause one or more other Network property sheets are already open"

The Connect Using entry is blank and the only item listed is Client for Microsoft networks.

The Install, Uninstall and Properties button are greyed out.

If I try to access my wireless card, I get the same error.

Any suggestions, gratefully received.

Kind regards,

G

A:Unable to open Properties Tab to change TCP/IP settings on Ethernet Port

Login using the administrator account.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/190552-unable-open-properties-tab-change-tcp-ip-settings-ethernet-port.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently upgraded a laptop to Windows Pro from Windows Standard nbsp The sole reason I upgraded to Pro was to be able to join to my companies domain but when I go to switch from the default workgroup to the domain in System Properties the entire domain box is completely grayed out and inaccessible nbsp I am running the command from a local administrator account on the computer with the appropriate permissions not from a Live ID nbsp I can access everything on the network just fine aside from the network drives obviously and I can ping to the DNS server and get to the Internet nbsp There are no connectivity problems The upgrade was successful the first attempt and as far as I know there were no files corrupted in the process My guess is that there is some configuration file that the upgrade failed to change somewhere but I'm really not sure what exactly the issue is Thanks

A:Windows 8 Pro - Domain change option greyed out in System Properties

... but when I go to switch from the default workgroup to the domain in System Properties, the entire domain box is completely grayed out and inaccessible.  I am running the command
from a local administrator account on the computer with the <strike>appropriate permissions</strike>, not from a Live ID. 

Try using a domain administrator account (regarding appropriate permissions for network administration).
The local administrator account only has administrative access to local resources on the PC - i.e. does not have administrative privileges on the network
Regarding access and use of a domain administrator
account:
I.e. you're a user at your company - so you should contact your companys system administrator regarding company policy.

I.e. if this is BYOD (your own device) it will probably not be joined to the domain.
If its a company workstation (laptop) - he will rejoin it to the domain.

As a rule of thumb - and may be confusing you here, do not expect yourself - even though a superuser with local administrative privileges - to finalize redeployment of windows, apps and data in a company domain. I.e. in a company you usually don't control
access to payrolls etc. (you should not have that kind of administrative configuration access - even if a company owner you could mess things up giving "unauthorized" access. Even a domain administrative account is not used as a "user" account - only configuration).
I.e. with user accounts i.e. local administrator you don't control access to private network ressources in the company. I.e. you cannot join network ressources - joining to a domain means connecting with the private web service in the company basically controlling
identification and internal access to company wide resources. So that service hides some complexity as well.  

Delegate the job to your companys system administrator and let him complete the work if this is a company workstation
... that you may have reinstalled yourself using the local administrator account without using the companys deployment services - i.e. automated deployment (i.e. PXE network boot to the companys Windows Deployment Services or Symantec
Altiris etc.). If no automated deployment is available at your company then the component (responsibility) of deployment services are manually executed by  the system administrator (automated deployment availability at your company will typically depend
upon complexity i.e. the number of computers owned by your company - but even for a small number of workstations the benefit of Windows Deployment Services is great ...)

Basically, the finalization of software configuration for a company managed computer must in part be managed by the system administrator, i.e. rejoining the computer to a domain - which effectively means the administration of the computer from this point
on is delegated to the domain controller and thus automated management of i.e. authentication and authorizations.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8f7ca1af-190b-4377-971c-b86d2862136c/windows-8-pro-domain-change-option-greyed-out-in-system-properties?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.45%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Everyone, its been awhile since i used revo uninstaller to
remove hotspot shield, but i did not realize it is still on the local
area connection properties, how can I get rid of it from there? Thanks

A:HotSpotShield Still In Local Connection Properties?

Right click the TaskBar and start the Task Manager. Go to the Processes tab. If you see any process for Hotspot shield, end the Process.
Use Hunter Mode in Revo to uninstall it.Uses of ? Hunter Mode? in Revo Uninstaller | Techdows
Now download Junkware Removal Tool. Run it, A DOS window appears. Press any key. It will start scanning automatically.
Now download ADWCleaner. Run it, Install it, Scan, leave everything checked. Clean. Both programs will show a text document when they are done showing you what it has removed.
Then download and run Temp File Cleaner Run it, it will shut down all programs and automatically restart.
If you still have problems,. Try this suggestion:
Uninstall Hotspot Shield Completely?.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hotspotshield-still-in-local-connection-properties-927250.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi - I still have internet access. However, when I go into wireless connections, properties, general, the TCP/IP "stack" has disappeared.

The rest are still there: Client for MS networks
File & Printer sharing
QoS Packet Scheduler

I've posted to other forums and I have had an external PC professional have a look, but not even the latter could find out what happened.

The reason I need it is that I manually set my IP address at home, but let it find it automatically elsewhere, but can't as cannot access the TCP/IP elements.

Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

We use a lot of VPN PPTP Connections. On most we turn off "Use default gateway on remote network". See the image below that shows where this setting is turned off.

We cannot open the properties for Internet Protocol Version 4 on VPN connections under Windows 10. This is located at Network Connections and Properties of a VPN Connection. Networking Tab, then select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties. But under Win 10 the properties dialog does not open.

This has been tested on several Windows 10 systems and we have enabled Administrator and tested under that login as well.

A:VPN Connection - Cannot open Networking Properties IPv4

I'm having the same issue, have you found a solution yet?

Edit: Found a post that explains how to set the 'use default gateway' setting. SOLUTION | Windows 10 VPN Network Settings Bug

Still can't open the properties, but by using this Powershell command you can set the default gateway setting:

Code:
Set-VpnConnection -Name "VPN-NETWORK-NAME-HERE" -SplitTunneling $True

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/11534-vpn-connection-cannot-open-networking-properties-ipv4.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When I view the properties for any of my connections I just get this If I go to quot Install - gt Protocol quot I get the message quot Could not add the requested component The error is The system cannot find the file specified quot When I tried installing Simple TCP IP Services in quot Add Remove Windows Components - gt Networking quot I got Dialog Properties items Connection in Missing the error quot Could not install the Simple TCP IP Services component because a file or registry entry is missing quot I ve tried updating my network adapter drivers resetting TCP IP using Winsock Fix and running SFC but have had no luck Also I m not sure if this is relevant but if I right click the Internet Connection icon and click Settings I get quot The Internet Connection Sharing computer is not configured to let network users control or disable the shared internet connection Missing items in Connection Properties Dialog quot Can anyone explain what might be causing this behaviour It doesn t seem to be causing any connection problems but I would like to be able to access TCP IP Properties to sort out a static ip I am using XP Home Edition SP nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi

How do I disable local area Connection properties for a standard use and for an administrator on a pc, users on my network keep changing the network adapter settings to allow them to have access to the internet. The users are a little tech savvy so by setting the adapter settings and just leaving out the default gateway and dns server address has not helped. I need to go deeper into windows network configuration to find a way to block them or find another way to prevent internet access. None of the users have email so they do not need access to mail either.

Thank you

A:How do I disable local area Connection properties

Tried Group Policy yet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371260-how-do-i-disable-local-area-connection-properties.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hello every one,,,,
I installed windows 10 and this is abest windows,,,
but I when make vpn connection and I want chang ip and dns ,"TCP/IP PROPERTIES ON VPN CONNECTION NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 10"

this is must work because my vpn put ip and dns
"manual"

regard

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adb3cf2a-366e-44b9-845c-e77944a92b35/properties-button-in-vpn-connection-windows-10-not-working?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 48.59%

I was trying to set up an ad hoc network and toyed around with some of the wireless network settings. The network I was trying to set up didn't quite work out so I tried to set it back to how they were but forgot how they were.

Is there a way to delete the Wireless Network Connection and let it create a new one or is there a "standard" setting for this to strictly find a wireless network and connect to it?

I am running Windows XP Pro.

Any help or questions would be appreciated

Relevancy 48.59%

I log onto my computer and disruption 1394 internet properties connection and shortly after this I could not access the internet through internet explorer The internet explorer pages would say I was disconnected but I have broadband and am always connected I had a similar problem with this previously internet disruption and 1394 connection properties when I would use yahoo messenger I would be disconnected from the internet and yahoo at the same time but I could shut down my internet connection for a few seconds and then it would let me back on prior to figuring that simpler solution I had to uninstall yahoo messenger and reload it to access yahoo again and had to reboot my computer to gain internet access again At present it would not allow me to use internet explorer shortly after I logged onto my computer so internet disruption and 1394 connection properties just fishing around my computer I found the connection properties page it internet disruption and 1394 connection properties was connected and firewalled along with my local connection why I need two connections I don t know thats just the way I found it anyway when I went under the advanced tap I noticed that the quot Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet connection quot was checked and I couldn t uncheck it until I st checked it had been unchecked when I found it the above box that reads quot Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection quot I m not on a network this is just my home computer now since I have disabled the connection and the box that I started earlier that was checked I haven t had any trouble with getting on the net anymore Oh also when my computer boots up after I enter my password it takes me to an all black screen with a cursor that flashes for awhile them windows will start up and it says my antivirus is disabled for awhile at start up then it shows it on after awhile I should say that I have had a hacker in the past I suspected I did and after trying to get him out for along time and doing I think its called low level formates or something with the helps of some techs to erase my hard drive and start over clean after I tried to do this my home page on internet explorer would have the same address as it always would and others could use the address and get the correct page if I copied and pasted it to them but all mine homepage would be was a blank white screen that said quot Are you trying to test me quot I have not gotten any messages since although there was another time not too long ago it my homepage turned all white again with no message and for awhile I would be booted whenever I talked to a guy on yahoo and I don t have to be in chat for that to happen although that hasn t happened for awhile now I am booted off yahoo several times a day just when its on and not in chat I guess I m asking should I be concerned that someone is messing around with my computer again he never hurt it when he was in there before but the fact that it seems personal at times concerns me somewhat if it was some random act of hacking or something like that I think I would be less concerned oh I guess I should also say that I have two poetry pages one is public and the other one is not and a friend at work was accessing one of them and the computer system at work went crazy saying there was a hlmt exploit virus on both sites and I guess this is put there by someone who has access to the sites and allows a back door to their computers if they access the page that was about a year ago and when I looked up the alert is says it was used rarely but could be very harmful cuz it allowed access and then I sent off the info to microsoft so they would know Am I just being paranoid or do I have reason to be nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disruption-and-1394-connection-properties.558245/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Everyone I m trying to set up a home network between two computers Computer no has direct access to the internet via a modem connected using an ethernet cable computer no is the client computer which i want to connect to computer no so both computers have internet access I ve done this before but I ve encountered a message which is probably what is causing an error to occur when i run the network config wizard When I right click on the local Properties... Area Local Advanced Connection area connection icon and go to properties then go to advanced a message is displayed saying that i need to perform a system restore due to windows not being able to display the properties of the connection It then says that the WMI Windows Management Instrementation information has been altered modified I can t type out the message word-for-word due to it being in portuguese Normally this is where I would check a box to Local Area Connection Advanced Properties... allow other network users to connect through the computer s internet connection Can anyone explain to me why this message is being shown and how I may go about fixing this problem Thanks for your time - Tony nbsp

A:Local Area Connection Advanced Properties...

First off, why not use a broadband router? They're cheap, and they do this job MUCH better than ICS. If you must use ICS, try this repair first.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-advanced-properties.593809/
Relevancy 48.59%

This is a good one!
Local area connection Properties are completely blank. No TCPIP, no Microsoft client, nothing. Can't add anything because it returns an error:
"Could not add the requested componet. The error is: The system connot find the file specified."

Cannot uninstall NIC. Returns error unable to uninstall
Cannot install a second NIC
Cannot install undated drivers
Cannot install any new windows networking services

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-properties-blank.541764/
Relevancy 48.59%

Local area connection Properties are completely blank. No TCPIP, no Microsoft client, nothing. Can't add anything because it returns an error:
"Could not add the requested componet. The error is: The system connot find the file specified."

Cannot uninstall NIC. Returns error unable to uninstall
Cannot install a second NIC
Cannot install undated drivers
Cannot install any new windows networking services

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-properties-blank.900883/
Relevancy 48.59%

Greetings everyone I have a problume with XP PRo Local Area Connection Properties not responding. When I Right Click on my network Paces go to properties..then right clisk on Local Area Connection go to properties.. I get the window Local Area Connection Properties up but nothing is displayed in the window. After a few it times out with Not responding. Any help.
Thank you

A:XP Local Area Connection Properties Missing

reinstall, have you just installed sp2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-local-area-connection-properties-missing-12354.html