Windows Support Forum

Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/ICS service

Q: Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/ICS service

Help I ve had service Firewall/ICS start Windows Windows cannot the my laptop Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/ICS service on our home wireless network for over a year and all of the sudden I can t get to the internet We have a desktop connected to a D-Link router and two laptops all of which use Windows XP Of course I m using the desktop to access this website I ve checked out some troubleshooting websites and books and I can t quite find anything that describes my problem My Broadcom Wireless Network Connection has quot excellent quot signal strength but I have quot limited or no connectivity quot When I try to quot repair quot my wireless network connection it gets stuck at quot renewing your ip address quot When I go to the command prompt and type ipconfig all I get this Ethernet adapter WIreless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nothing Description Broadcom g MaxPerformance g Physical Address my MAC address Dhcp enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask When I go to the quot Wireless Network Connection quot Properties and click on the quot Advanced quot tab then click on Windows Firewall quot Settings quot button I get a message that says quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot I click quot Yes quot Then I get a message that quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Services ICS service quot I tried doing the Network Setup Wizard and everything appears fine then I ve been trying lots of different troubleshooting suggestions and I fear I may have done something that has my laptop on the wrong settings for something But what Most importantly my partner s laptop connects just fine That means it s something wrong on my laptop right nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/ICS service

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/ICS service

elysse said:

Help! I've had my laptop on our home wireless network for over a year, and all of the sudden I can't get to the internet. We have a desktop connected to a D-Link router, and two laptops, all of which use Windows XP. Of course, I'm using the desktop to access this website.

I've checked out some troubleshooting websites and books, and I can't quite find anything that describes my problem. My Broadcom Wireless Network Connection has "excellent" signal strength, but I have "limited or no connectivity"

When I try to "repair" my wireless network connection, it gets stuck at "renewing your ip address"

When I go to the command prompt, and type ipconfig /all, I get this:

Ethernet adapter WIreless Network Connection 2:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix: [nothing]
Description: Broadcom 54g MaxPerformance 802.11g
Physical Address: [my MAC address]
Dhcp enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address: 169.254.101.129
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

When I go to the "Wireless Network Connection 2" Properties, and click on the "Advanced" tab then click on Windows Firewall "Settings" button, I get a message that says: "Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?" I click "Yes." Then I get a message that "Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Services (ICS) service." I tried doing the Network Setup Wizard, and everything appears fine then.

I've been trying lots of different troubleshooting suggestions, and I fear I may have done something that has my laptop on the wrong settings for... something. But what?

Most importantly, my partner's laptop connects just fine. That means it's something wrong on my laptop, right?Click to expand...

Hi elysse,

Welcome to TSG!

First, check the services running on your partner's laptop - assuming you both are running WinXP? - Start->Run->services.msc->Ok Then look for Security Center and Remote Procedure Call (RPC), etc. Note each one that is started on your partner's laptop.

Then on your laptop, bring up services and for any service that is not running, select the service to highlight it, then right-click the service and select Properties - wait for the Properties window to come up. Change the Start type with the pull-down menu to Automatic if it was set to Manual or Disabled - then the service will load and start when you login. While you have the Properties window up, you might just checkout the Dependencies tab to see what other services depend on this service, but if you have the list from your partner's laptop and make both laptops identical with regard to services, then you should be ok as far as being able to run the Windows Firewall.

Hope this helps,

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-start-the-windows-firewall-ics-service.402037/
Relevancy 84.71%

im kind of new at trying to figure things out like this but i am some what formilar with computers but this is what i get:
When I go to the "Wireless Network Connection 2" Properties, and click on the "Advanced" tab then click on Windows Firewall "Settings" button, I get a message that says: "Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?" I click "Yes." Then I get a message that "Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Services (ICS) service." I tried doing the Network Setup Wizard, and everything appears fine then.

i dont really have any clue if i can be fixed but im hoping that someone can help me please!!!

Relevancy 84.28%

Hey guys I have often come here in the past to help me with various tech related woes but I've never needed to post before But now I do since I can no Service. Firewall Windows start Cannot longer turn my Windows Firewall Service on through any means in which one can do so under normal circumstances I'm Cannot start Windows Firewall Service. running Windows Vista SP From Windows Security Centre it tells me quot Security Centre can't turn on Windows Cannot start Windows Firewall Service. Firewall quot From Windows Firewall it tells me quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Cannot start Windows Firewall Service. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Service quot then when I click yes quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Service quot when trying to start it manually from Administrative Tools Services it tells me quot Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer For more information review the System Event Log quot and the only thing Windows Firewall related I have been able to find in the Event Log is quot The Windows Firewall Service was unable to retrieve the security policy from the local storage The service will continue enforcing the current policy Error Code quot All the different fixes I have seen online either haven't helped or I wasn't sure enough to try them all What can I do that is short of a complete reinstall of Vista Thanks a lot

A:Cannot start Windows Firewall Service.

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried running sfc /scannow How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-start-windows-firewall-service-590332.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I cannot start the windows firewall service.

At first it did not appear on the services .msc list, so I followed balon's advice to add it to the registry in this older thread Unable to start Windows Firewall

Now the firewall service is in the list but when I try to start it, I keep getting an error message:

Quote:
Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer. For more information review the System Event Log. If this is a non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 5.

A:Cannot start windows firewall service

Why not dump the Windows 7 Firewall and use any one of the free third party firewalls. I would recommend Comodo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/234289-cannot-start-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Been cleaning up an older computer and Firewall/ICS Windows cannot start service recently this problem has turned up Windows Firewall is not on and in an attempt to turn it on it responds with Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service I click Yes and it says Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service So far I have tried Method and on Microsoft's page http support microsoft com kb Even though this did not start due to a SP installation Reinstalled SP I have not reinstalled SP specifically since SP usually covered that lt ---If thats the issue then shame on me I have also tried Windows Firewall/ICS service cannot start cmd gt Netsh winsock reset Recommendation from another forum I have tried starting the 'Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS ' in Administrative Tools gt Services gt Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS which does say stop This comes back with Could not start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service on Local Computer Error The system cannot find the file specified I'm assuming this is the current cause of the internet not working on the computer as well I've done alot of work on the computer and if needed I can list all that I've done so far This current problem I have not been able to solve myself and it started after running Malware bytes and removing everything it found May not need to be said but the system is a Windows XP bit Anything else you need to know just ask Also If I need to repeat anything I've already done due to a missed step or whatever I'm glad to do it

A:Windows Firewall/ICS service cannot start

Update on this system, the guy ran a Windows Repair after all this and now we have a BSOD after the Windows loading screen, code 0x07E, and computer restarts. When booting into Safe Mode I get "Windows XP Setup cannot run under Safe Mode. Setup will restart now."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526825/windows-firewallics-service-cannot-start/
Relevancy 84.28%

When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing.
And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error:

Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more information. If this is not a service of Microsoft, you have to contact the manufacturer of the service. Mention than the specific error 5.'

I don't have a clue what the systemlogs are or what I can do with it, and I tried many solutions given on the internet but none has worked for me yet. Please help me with this awful error.

A:Can't start Windows Firewall service

In the search box next to Start button, type ser > press Enter.
You are now on Services window > scroll down to Windows Firewall > click it.
Under Status ................................. it should be Running.
Under Startup type...................... it should be Automatic.
If that is not what you see, left side, click Restart the service.
Also right click at Windows Firewall > Properties ......................
at Startup type, click the pointer and select Automatic
at Service status, click Start.
Click OK when done.

See if the Firewall is back in action.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/45758-cant-start-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm sure this problem has been addressed before. After service pack 2 for xp, our windows firewall stopped working. When you try to access it in the control panel, it says that it is unable to open because the service is not running. I click yes to turn it on, and it says that the ICS service could not be started.

I tried fixing it a couple months ago, goofed around with winsock and tried a couple other things, couldn't get it to work so I gave up and downloaded zone alarm.

I just remembered about it the other day, and while being bored, I wanted to try and get it working again, even if I don't need to use it, I still like everything running correctly.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows Firewall, cannot start ICS service

Try the following:

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services...

Scroll down to Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing, double click the entry. You should now see the properties box for ICS; in the drop-down box next to 'Startup type' be sure that Automatic is the chosen option, click Apply, close everything out and re-boot - now check to see if your firewall is available.

If that doesn't work, you may need to run an inplace install (Repair). If this is the case then follow These instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-cannot-start-ics-service.408593/
Relevancy 84.28%

When I try to turn it back on by using the "recommended settings" I get this:

And when I try and start the service:

I have these already running:
CNG Key Isolation (KeyIso)
Base Filtering Engine (BFE)
and can't find
Firewall Client Agent (FwcAgent)

I found on many pages I should try and run these commands in CMD:

Code:
sc config MpsSvc start= auto
sc config KeyIso start= auto
sc config BFE start= auto
sc config FwcAgent start= auto
net stop MpsSvc
net start MpsSvc
net stop KeyIso
net start KeyIso
net stop BFE
net start BFE
net stop FwcAgent
net start FwcAgent
pause
When I get to

Code:
sc config FwcAgent start= auto
It says:

A:Can't start Windows Firewall service.

NathanH92,

At some point, has the system been infected with malware?

Please do the following:

Please go to the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Select the 64-bit version.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the downloaded file to run it.

When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Press the Scan button.

FRST64 makes a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory from which the tool is run (Desktop).

Please provide the FRST.txt in your reply. <<---

The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log: Addition.txt
Also post the: Addition.txt in your reply. <<---

Next, download Farbar Service Scanner
Save to the Desktop Make sure the following options are checked:Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Press: Scan
FSS creates a log, FSS.txt, on the Desktop.
Please provide the FSS.txt in your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/293103-cant-start-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello

I always had Firewall turned off, but then I realised it's a quite useful thing. So when I checked it, it said: "Windows Firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your computer." When I press "Use recommended settings" nothing happens. Then I checked services and Base Filtering Engine is running well, but Windows Firewall service can't start. It says: "Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 5."

I have no idea how to fix this (I have already downloaded Microsoft Windows Firewall fixer, didn't help)... Any suggestions?

A:Windows Firewall service won't start

Have you checked that the windows firewall authorisation driver is running in device manager?
You need to view hidden devices and its in the plug and play section.hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/253751-windows-firewall-service-wont-start.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Okay, I am a pretty technical user, and I am really struggling with this issue, and I wasn't 100% sure which section to post this in. I used to share videos over my network with multiple xboxs and a ps3. I recently installed Norton Internet Security on my system, and after doing so, I was not able to stream videos anymore. I tried changing firewall settings, and permissions and such, but could not get it to work, so I uninstalled NIS from my system. After doing so, the Windows 7 firewall service will not start. If i look at the event log, it gives me Event ID 7024 : The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error Access is denied.. I have run the norton removal tool, and this has not fixed the problem.

A:Windows 7 firewall service will not start. Event ID 7024

I solved the problem! I followed the instructions here.
Windows Firewall damaged by &#39;Windows 7 antivirus 2012&#39;

Sorry to bother you guys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249192-windows-7-firewall-service-will-not-start-event-id-7024-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Howdy folks,

When I boot my computer I have to start the Windows Firewall service manually by opening services, otherwise I won't be able to perform any local networking actions.

The service is set to Automatic, yet doesn't run until I click "start service"

The Base Filtering Engine Service is automatic and runs fine.

The Remote Procedure Call is also automatic and runs fine.

Anyone have any advice on how I can get Windows Firewall to actually...y'know start running when it's set to be automatic?

A:Windows Firewall Service Doesn't Start Automatically

Is Windows Firewall your only firewall? and are you using Windows Defender or another AV ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/47847-windows-firewall-service-doesnt-start-automatically.html
Relevancy 81.27%

this few days my pc like affect by virus, windows firewall internet connection sharing (ICS) auto stop after few minuts i boot my pc
i suspect virus remove firewall service file, then i restart my pc, the firewall can works for few second after that same thing happen again.
is there any antivirus or tools can kill this melware or virus? kindly advise

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-cannot-start-windows-firewall-internet-connection-sharing-ics-service-558737.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi when i try to run my windows XP sp2 windows firewall to stop it from disabling my connections. i get the message "Windows firewall cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows firewall/internet connection Sharing (ICS) service?" i click yes then i get "Windows cannot start the Windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS) service.". i then went start>run>services.msc and found that when i try to manually run the Windows firewall/ICS i get this message "Could not start the WF/ICS service on Local Computer. Error 1075 the dependancy service either does not exist or has been marked for deletion." Please help me. I just want to be able to open my ports and host Warcraft 3 games.

A:Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Service cannot start...error 1075.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-internet-connection-service-cannot-start-error-1075.871968/
Relevancy 80.41%

The firewall service will not start at all. I also have Trend Mirco PC-cillin and it won't allow me to view my "Personal Firewall" setting. If anyone knows what could be the problem, the help would be appreciated.

A:Windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ics) service wont start

When did this problem begin? What changes did you make to your system (hardware, software, updates)?

To assist in the problem, we need you to download HijackThis (http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip). Extract it to a folder like C:\Program Files\HijackThis. Run it, and select 'Scan'. Do not fix anything yet, just select 'Save log', and copy the contents of the log to your next post.

An expert will be along shortly to review your log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-internet-connection-sharing-ics-service-wont-start.513647/
Relevancy 80.41%

I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall McAfee antiVirus.  I have found that Windows Firewall service is set to automatic but will not start, giving the error in the topic.  I also find attempting to start IPsec Policy Agent manually fails as well.  I apologize as I'm not sure what to run in order to create logs needed for assistance.

A:Windows could not start the Firewall service on Local Computer. Error 1068:

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501900/windows-could-not-start-the-firewall-service-on-local-computer-error-1068/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey guys,
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
I can not start Windows Firewall, Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, or Diagnostic System Host. When I try and start them manually in services.msc, it gives me Error Code 5: Access denied. Both BFE and Windows Firewall Authorization driver are running. I am logged in as an administrator, and I have already allowed full control of these services for the Administrator accounts and the user "SYSTEM" in Regedit. If you need more information, please let me know. This is my first post, so I don't know if there is any other information that you need. Thanks!

A:Windows Firewall service will not start, Error Code 5: Access Denied

Use Diagnose and fix Windows firewall service problem automatically -

Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically

OR

Go to BFE in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE

and then click on Add and typed in the space "Everyone" and save the changes. Then go to services.msc and start up the BFE service .

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/256437-windows-firewall-service-will-not-start-error-code-5-access-denied.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hey everybody I am Windows & Policy will Base Service, start Engine Diagnostics not Filtering Firewall, having serious problems with my laptop Here are the specs Dell N Windows Home Premium SP Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz GHZ Gb of RAM -bit operating system I have run everything as an administrator to no avail After a week without being able to charge my laptop I was without a cable I charged it to find that I could not connect to the internet or that I was only given quot Limited Access quot i Diagnostics Policy Service, Windows Firewall, & Base Filtering Engine will not start e none I opened the 'Network and Sharing Center' to find that under quot View your basic network information and set up connections quot heading the text reads quot Unknown - The dependency service or group failed to start quot Going to the status of the Wireless Network Connection and trying to diagnose the problem gives me this error quot The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running quot In Services under Diagnostics Policy Service as well as the Base Filtering Engine I receive Diagnostics Policy Service, Windows Firewall, & Base Filtering Engine will not start the following error s quot Windows could not start the x service on Local Computer Error Access is denied The variable is either Diagnostics Policy Service Base Filtering Engine etc Also in Services under Windows Firewall I receive this error quot Windows could not start the x service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start Here's several of the things I have tried from perusing the other threads here none of which have worked Svc SCANNOW has found no system integrity errors In the Registry editor changing the permissions of the Diagnostics Policy Service and Base Filtering Engine to quot Everyone quot and then trying to manually start the services in Services msc I recently removed AVG from my computer but this was only after the problem began I thought that maybe there was a conflict between the firewalls of Windows and AVG But removing AVG did not help either I cannot connect to the internet via wireless or Ethernet cable Windows Firewall will not start Diagnostics Policy Service will not start BFE will not start Those are the problems I am having and obviously I am pretty upset about it I am not as technologically savvy as some but if you point me in the right direction I will do all that you tell me to do I am using a separate computer to connect to the internet and will be until the problem is solved Thanks in advance

A:Diagnostics Policy Service, Windows Firewall, & Base Filtering Engine will not start

Did you go to the dependencies tab and see what dependencies depend on these services?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/diagnostics-policy-service-windows-firewall-and-base-filtering-engine-will-not-start-697062.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Somebody Please help. I have been trying to get my windows firewall working and have spent hours searching forums. I came across a thread that describes exactly what is happening with my machine. Windows Firewall Authorization Driver - not present, not working, etc. I really dont want to format this machine. I have gotten as far as running 317 security check

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.24
Windows 7 x64 (UAC is disabled!)
Internet Explorer 9
``````````````````````````````
Antivirus/Firewall Check:
Windows Security Center service is not running! This report may not be accurate!
McAfee Security Scan Plus
WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
```````````````````````````````
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:
Java(TM) 6 Update 31
Mozilla Firefox (x86 en-US..)
[b]````````````````````````````````
Process Check:

A:Windows Firewall Service wont start error 1068 win secur svc missing

Jremmie,
First get that junk off of your computer!

Then:
1. Install MSE (link in my signature and use only that link!)

2. 2nd run WDO (once again link in my signature).

After doing those two things are posting the zip file that I'm going to request, come back. I will answer no questions until these two tasks have been complested.

HOW TO USE WINDOWS DEFENDER OFFLINE ON A USB STICK
Windows Defender Offline
? is a free standalone, bootable malware and virus remover from Microsoft.
? performs an offline scan of an infected PC to remove viruses, rootkits and other advanced malware.

Download Windows Defender Offline (about 764 kB)

You will have the choice of downloading the 32bit version (x86) or the 64 bit version (x64).
The link will help you determine whether you are running a 32 bit version or 64 bit version of Windows

NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 32 bit version using a 64 bit version of Windows
NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 64 bit version using a 32bit version of Windows.

You run the 32 bit version on a 32 bit version of Windows.
You run the 64 bit version on a 64 bit version of Windows.

The 32 bit download file name is: mssstool32.exe
The 64 bit download file name is: mssstool64.exe

For the curious, this program was originally name Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper.

INSTALLATION:
You will need an Internet Connection.
Insert 512 mB (Microsoft’s 256 mB is no longer accurate) or larger USB stick into a usb port.
Run the downloaded program--mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe
NEXT button
Choose the option On a USB flash drive that is not password protected
NEXT button
NEXT button
The install program will format the usb stick using the NTFS format.
The install program will download about 210 mB.
The install program will name the USB stick WDO_Media32 or WDO_Media64
The WDO_Media32 usb stick will have used space of 255 mB (268,140,544 bytes)
The WDO_Media64 usb stick will have used space of 282 mB (296,165,376 bytes)
You can expect the number of mB to increase as more malware appears.

UPDATE Windows Defender Offline USB stick:
? reinsert the usb stick
? run the installation program, mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe, again.
? the update will download about 66 mB (mssstool32.exe) and 68 mB (mssstool64.exe).

Since the malware database is sometimes updated several times in a day, always update before running.

PERFORM AN OFFLINE SCAN
Bootup your computer from the USB stick
Windows Defender Offline will automatically perform a quick scan.
After the quick scan finishes, Choose Full Scan
Select all of your drives

The initial, full scan can easily take several hours, but
Remember, your computer is being very thoroughly checked for all types of malware.

RESULTS OF THE SCAN
The results will be in 4 log files on your computer's disk in:
\Windows\Microsoft Antimalware\Support

==========================================
=========================================+

# **********************INSTRUCTIONS**************************
# STEP 1 ** RUN POWERSHELL AS ADMINISTRATOR ******************
# ************************************************************
#
# WIN key | type POWERSHELL | do NOT hit ENTER |
# in the PROGRAMS list, right-click on WINDOWS POWERSHELL |
# choose "Run as administrator" |
# Click on the YES button (if such appears)
#
# WIN key = key with Microsoft log on top
#
# for the guru:
# WIN | type POWERSHELL | CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER key combo | ALT+Y keycombo
# STEP 2 ** COPY AND PASTE ***********************************
#
# COPY the script using CTRL+C,
# COPY every line of script down thru both EXIT statements
#
# PASTE into Powershell
#----Right-Click at the PowerShell Prompt
#----(Ctrl+V does not wo... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/240984-windows-firewall-service-wont-start-error-1068-win-secur-svc-missing.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello I've been looking around the net 5 to Firewall Unable Windows Win7 code service-specific error 32bit start for a while and still have not found any solutions for my problem Unable to start Windows Firewall service-specific error code 5 Win7 32bit And seeing that there's quite the excellent service here in bleepingcomputer I thought I'd give it a try and ask for help So far I have my BFE fixed and running in the Services but Firewall and Windows Defender aren't Firewall gives me the error code message while Windows Defender gives me the x error I went and tried the steps in this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows-firewall-not-starting-error-code- x Ignored the BFE parts cos it's been fixed but stuck in the th post seeing as it wouldn't let me register the reg file It shows this error Not all data was successfully written to the registry Some keys are open by the system or other processes Oh yeah before I end this post Here's the FSS scan results ------------------ Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by PC administrator on - - at Running from C Users PC Desktop Windows Home Basic Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is OK The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of WinDefend The value does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of WinDefend The value does not exist Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of WinDefend The value does not exist Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legitC Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C D AF CBCED F C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legitC Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legitC Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legitC Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legitC Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system wuaueng dll gt MD is legitC Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legitC Windows system es dll gt MD is legitC Windows system cryptsvc dll gt MD is legitC Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legitC Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Moderator Edit Moved topic from Windows to the more appropriate forum Queen-Evie

A:Unable to start Windows Firewall service-specific error code 5 Win7 32bit

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your DesktopDoubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

Check Loaded Modules  and Detect TDLFS file system.  Do not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now

Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

If threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwiseClick Continue

Click Reboot computerPlease post the contents of  TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your reply===================================================aswMBR--------------------Download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.
Please disable your real time protection of any Antivirus, Antispyware or Antimalware programs temporarily. They will interfere and may cause unexpected results.If you need help to disable your protection programs see here and here.Double click the aswMBR.exe file to run it. Please allow when you are asked to download AVAST antivirus engine defs.Wait until the AV update is done, then click on the Scan button to start. The program will launch a scan.

When done, you will see Scan finished successfully. Please click on Save log and save the file to your desktop.

Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.NOTE:  aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.===================================================ESET Online Scanner--------------------I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan  This process may may take several hours, that is normalHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the   button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:

Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsCopy and paste the information in your next reply.   Note:  If no malware was found you will not get a log.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. TDSSKiller logaswMBR logESET results 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487044/unable-to-start-windows-firewall-service-specific-error-code-5-win7-32bit/
Relevancy 79.12%

when trying to restart windows firewall i am getting this... "service-specific error code 5"
using HP G62 laptop running Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit

i had a rootkit on the laptop and i think it's completely removed but i still cannot activate the firewall, I used kaspersky rescue disk 10, rkill and mbam to remove rootkit.

hope someone can help....

A:Unable to start Windows Firewall service-specific error code 5 Win7 64bit

System error code 5 is "access denied". http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681382%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

But I don't know if your error code is a system error code. If it is, you can check the permissions on the firewall service with this command:

sc sdshow MpsSvc

I have this on my test machine:
D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)
(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)(A;;CCLCRP;;;S-1-5-80-<omitted>)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492787/unable-to-start-windows-firewall-service-specific-error-code-5-win7-64bit/
Relevancy 78.69%

Split from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows- -firewall-error-code- x -windows-firewall-service-missing OB Can u help me please Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Anda administrator Error Missing Split WIndows Firewall Code 0x80070424 from: 7 Windows Firewall Service on - - at Running from C Users Anda Desktop Windows Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing Attempt to access Yahoo IP returned error Yahoo IP is offline Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is OK The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK bfe Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of bfe service is OK Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing The ImagePath of bfe service is OK The ServiceDll of bfe service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C D AF CBCED F C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wuaueng dll gt MD is le... Read more

A:Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your DesktopDoubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters
Check Loaded Modules and Detect TDLFS file system. Do not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now
Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to runIf threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwiseClick Continue
Click Reboot computerPlease post the contents of TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your replyDue to forum upgrade you may face issues posting the TDSSkiller log.Just last few lines of log is sufficient===================================================RKILLPlease download Rkill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below (if one of them does not work try another.) and save it to your desktop:Link 1Link 2In order for Rkill to run properly you must disable your anti-malware software. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.Double-click on Rkill. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)Note: You may have to run Rkill a few times before it is successful. You may also have to download Rkill from a different link which will save it as a different file name.A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.An Rkill.log will appear. Please copy and paste the contents in your reply (file also located at c:\rkill.log)Do not reboot your computer after running Rkill as the malware programs will start again. If your computer reboots, run Rkill again before continuing on to the next step.If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply.===================================================ESET Online ScannerI'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan This process may may take several hours, that is normalHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technology
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsCopy and paste the information in your next reply. Note: If no malware was found you will not get a log.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button===================================================Junkware Removal Tool by thisisuPlease download Junkware Removal ToolDisable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator (Windows XP double click the icon)Please allow the program time to runOnce completed a Notepad document will open on your desktopCopy and paste the contents in your reply.Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. TDSSKiller logRKILL logESET logJunkware removal tool log 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490867/split-from-windows-7-firewall-error-code-0x80070424-windows-firewall-service-missing/
Relevancy 77.83%

Recently had a virus infection and noticed that the windows firewall service is missing. When trying to reset to recommended settings by using control panel received error code 0x80070424. Cannot access other computers or shared files/folders on home network. Saw a previous post dated 12-17 that appears to be the same problem.

A:WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing

Welcome aboard Had the infection been cleaned since?Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity CenterWindows UpdatePress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436093/windows-7-firewall-error-code-0x80070424-windows-firewall-service-missing/
Relevancy 73.1%

im unable to start the window firewall / internet connection service. ive tried from control panel and going to firewall but it asks me to start it and then states it failed, it also states it failed if i goto start run then services.msc

the error i get is: "could not start windows firewall / internet connection service on the local computer. Error 1068: The Dependency service or group failed to start"

this problem is causing my desktop to remain hidden on the network which means i am unable to print or share files, or even connect to the desktop pc

Relevancy 72.67%

Hey BC community Note I have never had a problem like this before it has just well Removed being as Firewall code: as 0x80070424 Firewall 7 Service Windows error started this Windows 7 Firewall error code: 0x80070424 as well as Firewall Service being Removed week I play maplestory and this program detected something wrong with my firewall So I proceeded to my security settings and attempted to edit my firewall settings turn it on off and then this error code popped up So I tried to edit the other settings and the same error code came up each time After that came up SEVERAL TIMES I went to a microsoft and other forums to search for help They told me to go to this window And said to go to Windows firewall and do something with it but it s not there to do anything to I really have NO IDEA what to do It isn t effecting me that much but when i start my Maplestory file up to reinstall it it closes and it says this Install Start User Temp Directory C Users Devin AppData Local Temp Use CRC false File Name C Users Devin Desktop MSSetupv exe Game Code Cannot Regitster Firewall C ProgramData NexonUS NGM NGM exe Nexon Game Manager ErrCode - - Install Path C Nexon MapleStoryI have downloaded microsoft anti virus things and they quot cleaned up quot my computer but it still hasn t changed anything Help Sincerely Devin

A:Windows 7 Firewall error code: 0x80070424 as well as Firewall Service being Removed

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) DownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449365/windows-7-firewall-error-code-0x80070424-as-well-as-firewall-service-being-removed/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have been dealin with this days now and went through all the steps recommended by Microsoft even downloaded Virtual tech for mcafee and FIx it for MS none worked went to google to try to follow other advises and tried to do malware removal after it i followed these steps Download both the registry files bfe reg firewall reg Launch and import them to registry Restart your PC Now open RUN and type regedit and click ok go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services BFE Right click on it-permissions Click on ADD and type Everyone and click ok Now Click on Everyone Below you have permission for users Select full control and click ok Now open RUN and type services msc and click ok start base filtering engine service and then windows firewall service gt gt gt upon tryng to start service on base filtering and windows firewall it gave the ff errors gt gt gt please see attached screen shot wat to do now help please

A:Windows Personal Firewall service and Mcafee firewall not turning on

Hello achienina What Anti-virus program are you running?
Have you done an in-depth scan, and did it find any malware?

EDIT... oops, Windows Firewall needs to be disabled in Services in order for McAfee's firewall to work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/264057-windows-personal-firewall-service-mcafee-firewall-not-turning.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am missing my Windows Firewall and my Windows Firewall Service.

I ran a scan using Superantispyware and it came up clean.
Apparently it wasn't a virus that caused the problem.

But I need help getting my Windows Firewall and Service back.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.

I got the below error message when trying to open Windows Firewall:

Error Code 0x800070424

A:I am missing my Windows Firewall and my Windows Firewall Service.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopIMPORTANT....1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note:Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Please close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with OK.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.===Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr <- not recommended if you use Chrome to download this .scr file. Use the other options.DDS.pifDDS.COMDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post. DO NOT attach the log.Please post the logs for my review. Please let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468341/i-am-missing-my-windows-firewall-and-my-windows-firewall-service/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey everyone, I got a computer in at work that was infected with ZeroAccess rootkit.  I removed it, and the computer runs good, however, it appears that there's been some changes to the Security Center.  I can't get the firewall service to start, when I go to "run" and type "services.msc" and find Windows Firewall it's set to automatic but it's stopped.  When I click on start it tells me "Windows could not start the firewall service on local computer. Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

I'll post a few entries from my rkill log relating to the issue on here.  If anyone can help me to avoid reinstalling the OS that would be MUCH appreciated, thanks.

Heres the bit from rKill

Checking Windows Service Integrity:
 * Windows Firewall (MpsSvc) is not Running.
   Startup Type set to: Automatic
 * BFE [Missing Service]
 * RemoteAccess [Missing Parameters Key]

A:Windows Firewall Service

Try using Windows Repair Tool (All In One) or Windows Repair Portable. This all-in-one repair tool was designed to help fix common Windows problems such as file permissions, issues with Internet Explorer, Windows Update, Windows Firewall and Service corruption caused by malware infection. Most disinfection tools will remove the malware but not fix all the damage it caused in other areas of the operating system.ZEROACCESS rootkit is a serious malware infection. If you're not sure you completely removed it or need a more comprehensive look at your system....I suggest doing the following before trying the above.Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create two logs. (Note: Windows 8.1 Users will not be able run DDS and create a log)When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs, then still start the new topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527928/windows-firewall-service/
Relevancy 67.08%

Windows Firewall And Service Cuts Off By Itself I ve been having this problem with my firewall lately Just started days ago The whole entire service has been shutting completely off approximatley minutes after connecting to the internet on my wireless d-link adapter and Off Firewall Service Windows By And Itself... upon boot or reboot Now don t get me wrong I can turn it Windows Firewall And Service Off By Itself... back on I get the message quot Windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because associated service is not running Do you want to start windows firewall internet connection sharing ICS service quot when I click the firewall icon I click yes and it comes back on but STILL Its never did this before I have to keep turning it back on every time I reboot when it cuts off Is this perhaps a virus spyware attack or maybe a hack attempt or exploit I have windows xp home edition service pack wireless connection no other firewall but windows firewall no anti-virus lots of spyware programs superantispyware spybot search and destroy trojan remover which I ran over and over again but still the problem persist and also a dell computer Windows firewall and service doesn t shut down when i m not connected to the internet hmm which is strange I ve heard of ways hackers can shut the firewall off through codes and such I m scared Please help

A:Windows Firewall And Service Off By Itself...

Well...you cannot be too scared...if you don't have an antivirus program installed, IMO .My first suggestion would be to...install one, update it, and run a complete scan.http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/135134-45-windows-firewall See 1-23-2005 comments by Malke.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162901/windows-firewall-and-service-off-by-itself/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi

I am using a third party firewall and would like to know if I can disable windows 7 firewall?

I notice some problem when I do turn it off though..

I can't use a remote access program, when I disable it...

I use an app called Splashtop for streaming my desktop to my tablet etc..

for some reason it would still use the port rules in windows 7 firewall even though it is disable?

How can I disable windows 7 firewall and still allow the remote access program to work?

A:Disable Windows 7 firewall service

Hi!

Perhaps you could go to windows firewall (in control panel) and click..restore defaults.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/334194-disable-windows-7-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 66.22%

days ago I was infected with some malware that changed my browser connection it changed the way to connect to internet changing the connection through a proxy I deleted this one But yesterday I noticed that I can t turn on windows firewall I get error code x Windows firewall is missing from services DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by admin at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated F C - CE- C F- C- B A B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated missing Windows is Firewall service B Windows Firewall service is missing E DCD- F - E - D C- CF DCF A Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows Firewall service is missing Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows Windows Firewall service is missing System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Hpservice exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows system AEADISRV EXE C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x VisualSVN Server bin VisualSVNServer exe C Windows SysWOW vmnat exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exe C Windows SysWOW vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x VisualSVN Server bin VisualSVNServer exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Launchy Launchy exe C Users andoni AppData Local Apps Evernote Evernote EvernoteClipper exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files x Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCtrl exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files x NetWorx networx exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons VolCtrl exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpCaslNotification exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO IeCatch Class f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt e d- - fd- c - a f - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll BHO DivX HiQ ddec - - cdd- e - dadaa e - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll BHO Aplicaci n auxiliar de inicio de sesi n de Windows Live ID d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Skype B... Read more

A:Windows Firewall service is missing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/435139 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435139/windows-firewall-service-is-missing/
Relevancy 66.22%

I keep on getting an action center message saying turn on Windows Security Center.
I've tried doing it in services but it won't turn on and I therefore cannot activate windows firewall. Most of the services appear to be disabled. I cannot access Backup as it is greyed out, (just like my hair !). Any ideas anyone?

A:Cannot turn on Windows Firewall Service

Try running cmd as administrator and typing in sfc /scannow see if it finds any problems and fixes them.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/cannot-turn-windows-firewall-service-4598072/
Relevancy 66.22%

when i try to activate windows firewall service it gets "error 1068 dependency service or group failed to start"

A:Windows firewall service error

It seems there has just been an update and the problem has been fixed. thanks for the help anyways been most appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/037cf248-4d42-45c7-acff-18bfaa6cfc25/windows-firewall-service-error?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently installed Norton 360, ever since then, my wireless internet connection does not work.
I'm using a TP link wireless adapter, I'm on windows XP SP3, I've tried the "Winsock Reset" stuff, so I'd just really like some help on what to do, what's gone wrong, and how to fix it. I'm fairly aware that it is most likely norton that caused this, yes I have uninstalled it, used the norton removal tool, and I have reinstalled it and used the removal tool several times. What now?

Relevancy 66.22%

Help I cannot turn on my firewall on my Windows XP When I click try to turn it on I get the message quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot I clicked quot Yes quot and I get quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot I have tried starting it Firewall/ICS Service Windows Error manually but I get the Windows Firewall/ICS Service Error message quot Could not start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing service on Local Computer quot quot Error The system cannot find the file specified quot I have both ipnathlp dll and ipnat sys files on my computer I already did the sfc scannow and the cmd gt netsh winsock reset and restarted the computer but it did not fix Windows Firewall/ICS Service Error it I ve tried the netsh Firewall reset but no luck I ve done a full system scan and that did not correct the problem either I cannot run system restore because it can t restore to any dates nbsp

A:Windows Firewall/ICS Service Error

neonclear said:

Help! I cannot turn on my firewall on my Windows XP. When I click try to turn it on, I get the message, "Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?"
I clicked "Yes" and I get
"Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service." I have tried starting it manually, but I get the message,
"Could not start the Windows Firewall/ Internet Connection Sharing service on Local Computer."

The prime suspect for anything that turns off the firewall is malware so you need to scan with all your anti-malware utilities as soon as possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-ics-service-error.919075/
Relevancy 66.22%

A Little history on what I've already done: running Vista Home Premium 32bit, removed rogue and a couple hundred malware, tried fixing system afterwards with disk check and sfc /scannow (no issues with dskchk but scannow could not fix issues (twice)....turns out the firewall service is missing along with Base Filtering Engine' service! GONE! So I would like to know if anyone out there knows how this can be fixed without doing a repair or re-installation of Vista, please if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated!!

A:WINDOWS FIREWALL SERVICE MISSING!

Please follow these instructions..1. Open an elevated command prompt. to do this > click Start > type cmd into the search box > right click cmd and select Run as Administrator.2. Type the following command, sfc /scannow -> press enter.3. Open an elevated command prompt. Copy the following command > press Enter:findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txtPaste the sfcdetails.txt into your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431220/windows-firewall-service-missing/
Relevancy 65.79%

I try to start windows firewall and i get this error message.

A:Windows could not start windows firewall on local computer error code 5

Merged topics.  Title was: Sound, Audio Ads Running on Desktop ~ OB I get random virus audio ads running on my laptop. How do i get rid of them?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536481/windows-could-not-start-windows-firewall-on-local-computer-error-code-5/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, i recently suffered a virus that AVG picked up on to late it infected c/windows/system32/services.exe i managed to remove it dispite many antiviruses inability to by renaming the infected file services.exe.old then restarting my computer windows replaced it and was working properly so i ran my antiviruses and downloaded afew more picked up a total of 10 infections and im no longer picking up viruses with my antiviruses (AVG free, spybot S&D, avast, malewarebytes) after all that i looked at windows firewall and found i couldn't turn it on so after more digging found its service had been deleted, more digging i managed to get its service back but i cannot start it nor can the program from windows for fixing the firewall. Please help!

A:Virus deleted windows firewall service

Hello aelled,

I think the best thing is to perform a scan from outside the Windows environment. Please follow this tutorial in order to do that:

Windows Defender Offline

Post the results so we can help out further.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/241156-virus-deleted-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I can't enable my firewall This error is blocking me for playing some games.
(Players can't ping me on hamchi,..)

Windows XP SP3

HELP!!! Please.

A:Windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not..

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-settings-cannot-be-displayed-because-the-associated-service-is-not.888703/
Relevancy 65.36%

This computer has been infected with a number of bugs because a teenager was downloading crap from P2P services. I have managed to get most, if not all of them off.

When I try to start the Windows XP firewall/ICS service, I get a message that says "Could not start the Windows Firewall/ICS Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

This machine has XP Home w/SP2.

I was getting a similar message trying to re-install AVG, but I managed to squash the bug causing that issue.

I have tried to start the FW/ICS service from the Security Center and from Services.

My Security Center doesn't even show any Anti-Virus information like it used to its all weirded out now.

So...if any of that sounds familiar, please shoot me some 4-11.

I love you all.

A:XP Firewall/ICS Service won't start

Hi there...

Please try the attached reg file. It should restore the default registry settings for the ICS service.

Reboot after applying then check in services.msc that the service is started and set to automatic, if not, try to make the changes again.

Let me know how that works please :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-firewall-ics-service-wont-start-106947.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am logged on as administrator.  Usin Win7 Ultimate 32 bit.  can not start Event Log service.  Any suggestions?

A:Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Compurter. Error 5: Access is denied

Hi Bob,

This issue can be caused due to the incorrect permission settings for the administrators group.

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. In the "Start" menu, locate "Command Prompt". Right-click and choose "Run as Administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Type the following commands, then press "Enter" to execute them one by one. Please note the space before the command and its parameter.

takeown /f C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup
cacls C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup /G administrators:F

3.   Restart the computer to check the issue.

What’s the result?Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44479c49-55e6-4bd7-b25e-3f2a6497306e/windows-could-not-start-the-windows-event-log-service-on-local-compurter-error-5-access-is-denied?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 64.93%

Microsoft Fix it: Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically

Quote:
Automatically repair Windows Firewall problems, such as Windows fails to start Windows Firewall service (0x5) or Windows remote assistance is not working.

What it fixes...
Windows Firewall is not the default firewall
Windows Firewall does not start
Windows Vista could not start Windows Firewall. Service-specific error 5 (0x5)
Remote Assistance does not work
You cannot access shared files and printers

A:Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically

Good post, Corrine!

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/106530-diagnose-fix-windows-firewall-service-problems-automatically.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I've been having an issue with the Windows Firewall service. It stops automatically, meaning that my internet connection on my computer stops. But when I start it again, my internet is fine. I've used Malwarebytes and other cleaners to fix this, but the problem persists.

Relevancy 64.93%

Windows Security Center Service Disappeared Along with FirewallHello All this is my first visit to this site I m a computer dummy please be patient and talk to me like I m years old I have a Windows XP Professional-SP not the bit with Microsoft Office Dell Optiplex GX When I wanted to update a security program I noticed the Firewall was not on and further checking revealed that the Windows Security Security Windows Along Service Center Disappeared with Firewall Center Windows Security Center Service Disappeared Along with Firewall Service had been removed altogether Perusing the internet I learned that an infection can cause this so I tried to troubleshoot I ran a full Malwarebytes scan in regular and safe modes which turned up nothing I ran Spybot and AvastAntivirus and SpywareBlaster in regular mode and they showed nothing either I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner today and it removed Win Sirefef cfgI ran the TrendMicro HiJack this and got a log which I can t make heads or tails of I can post it if you like I then came to this website and saw that many of you experts have said that it isn t wise to have too many anti-virus products so I removed Spybot and SpywareBlaster What I now have is Malwarebytes and Avast AntiVirus But no Firewall and no Windows Security Center So two questions- Is my computer still infected and once that is fixed How to get the Windows Security center back into my computer I looked on the Microsoft Community forum for the answer and I didn t even understand the instructions Thank you in advance for your kind assistance and patience

A:Windows Security Center Service Disappeared Along with Firewall

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networkingDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472945/windows-security-center-service-disappeared-along-with-firewall/
Relevancy 64.93%

Okay, I have been having issues with my network etc. for a long time now and I fixed it, but during that adventure I found that Windows Firewall isn't working right. The exact issue is when I try to go in and start the service manually I get "Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start." I know I have the required services runnung except the Internet Connection Sharing service which gives me the same error. I have tried reseting winsock and all that other stuff but it just dosn't work.

Thanks in advance.

A:Error 1068 when starting Windows Firewall Service

Welcome to the forum
Did you try to see the solution :

Unable to start Windows Firewall
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/226152-error-1068-when-starting-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I've been using Vista -bit since sometime around January on my custom built desktop I'm running Vista -bit fully updated and I have been using remote desktop for a few years in XP and have successfully been using it in Vista until now I was having problems connecting to Vista Service Start Firewall won't my Vista PC via remote desktop when I noticed Vista Firewall Service won't Start remote desktop was disabled So I tried to re-enable it and was told that the rule for Remote Desktop could not be added to the firewall because it was not running So I've tried to start the firewall in every way I know including starting the service manually When I try to start the service I get the message quot Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to service-specific error code quot I installed Vista Firewall Service won't Start the PC-tools firewall but this didn't fix my remote desktop problem I still can't enable it because the Vista Firewall still isn't running Also on a side note Vista Firewall Service won't Start I have also been hibernating my PC at night since I started using Vista but now the hibernate option has disappeared from the shutdown menu Any ideas how to get hibernation back I'm stumped on both of these issues so any help would be appreciated Brett

A:Vista Firewall Service won't Start

If anyone needs more info about my computer I would be glad to provide it, I just don't know what else would be useful.

Thanks,
Brett

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-firewall-service-wont-start-181482.html
Relevancy 64.93%

When i am starting the windows search i am getting an error like "windows could not start the windows search service on local computer error 1053.Even though i got registry fix for this still i am getting the same error.Anyone help me with this??

I got registry fix from here
Fix for Windows Search Service Startup Error 1053 in Windows 7 - The Winhelponline Blog

I tried running sfc/scannow also but nothing worked.

A:Windows could not start the windows search service on local computer e

chand

run the tool below

Farbar Service Scanner

Click here Farbar Service Scanner to DOWNLOAD

Place the file onto your desktop

Right click on FSS.exe select

Place a check mark next to the following options
⬜ Internet Services
⬜ Windows Firewall
⬜ System Restore
⬜ Security Center
⬜ Windows Update
⬜ Windows Defender
⬜ Other Services

Press the Scan button

Farbar Service Scanner will create a log, called FSS.txt, on the Desktop. Upload the FSS.txt with your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302011-windows-could-not-start-windows-search-service-local-computer-e.html
Relevancy 64.93%

HELP! I've tried everything, but I cannot get the print spooler service to start on Windows 10. I have viewed your youtube talk and did everything you suggested (e.g. no "lex..." thing going on). I have a brand new Dell laptop. Add Device found the printer (an HP Photosmart 5520 series) but it never connected or worked. I tried uninstalling the printer but it just stalls and does nothing. I've tried installing driver updates from HP, but they say "failed installation." The operating system error message I get is:

Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
Error 0x800706b9: Not enough resources are available to complete this operation.

What?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-could-not-start-the-print-spooler-service-windows-10-64bit.1154629/
Relevancy 64.07%

I recently did a WinXP repair with the help of a Microsoft rep and now I cannot get my firewall up and running because the message states that "ICS" is not available and I have no success in getting ICS in order to regain a firewall.

A:How to restore internet connection service to get windows firewall back?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Ok heres what i would like you to check:

control panel
admin tools
services
windowsfirewall/internet connection sharing

should be: started, automatic

if its not, then double click on it and there you will beable to start it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-restore-internet-connection-service-to-get-windows-firewall-back-361776.html
Relevancy 64.07%

EDIT REMOVED LOGS OF PROGRAM as stated in guidelines I Service Firewall - Lameshield already Cured Trojan Windows Missing apologize I have Windows Firewall Service Missing - Trojan Lameshield already Cured been trouble shooting this problem and have succesfully I believe removed the trojan as shown in the logs before This happened very recently and many such topics have also come up recently about the same issue Current Problem Windows Firewall Service is missing from Services and so the windows firewall cannot start Windows Update Error Code Steps Taken Used Malware bytes to Windows Firewall Service Missing - Trojan Lameshield already Cured remove Windows Firewall Service Missing - Trojan Lameshield already Cured Lameshield trojan amp others shown in log below Also ran Hitman Run more scans and re-installed Microsoft Security Essentials as it had been disabled by the trojan Desktop Icons continued to change after service reboot and so I repaired the Icon Caxhe which seems to have solved the problem I ran FSS to check ffor problems with the Firewall Potential Infection Cause The first time the Antivirus Platinum aka Trojan Lameshield popped up was when I was using Internet Explorer and had many tabs open All of a sudden an advertisement froze IE and then i had a new program in the system tray I ended the process trees associated with the program and ran a quick Malwarebytes scan which shows the results in the logs Any Advice on this issue Attached are my MBAM and FSS Logs Again I apologize for not following the correct format Haven't run GMER because it states it is for bit systems only DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Kaeze PhoeniX at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EA - D C- DFB- - E E F F SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated C BB - B - - A - B A B B Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C windows SysWOW svchost exe -k Akamai C Program Files x Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCUService exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C windows system taskhost exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C windows system taskmgr exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTShellHlp exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTAgent exe C Users Kaeze PhoeniX AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Update Tool Notifier exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Pr... Read more

A:Windows Firewall Service Missing - Trojan Lameshield already Cured

I may have fixed my problem by following the advice of the user "naren xp" who provided the right registry files for me to use.

For those with a similar problem, here is the link:

Windows Firewall damaged by 'Windows 7 antivirus 2012'

I would consider the problem gone and have already ran root-kit scans etc which turned out empty. I was fully free of the trojan and I now have fixed the windows update, Microsoft Security Essentials and Firewall problem by following the user's advice.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-firewall-service-missing-trojan-lameshield-already-cured-660288.html
Relevancy 64.07%

i have windows xp sp3 and i cant access the internet because there is a firewall or something and when i try to start the service it says "could not start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ics) service on local computer error 2: the system cannot find the file specified" how do i fix this? i dont know anything about computers

A:Solved: windows firewall/connection sharing (ICS) service not starting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-firewall-connection-sharing-ics-service-not-starting.1096254/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi
I'm having issues enabling the Windows Defender service in Windows 8.1 64-bit after I uninstalled Avast Free Antivirus. I have also used a tool on their website to perform a "complete" cleanup of their software without success.
If I run services.msc all the options are greyed out and service status: Stopped
No other a/v programs installed.
Any hints how to restart the Windows Defender service ?
Thanks

A:Unable to start Windows Defender service in Windows 8.1

This has been a recurring issue. I can't remember the solution, but scroll through the link below for others with the same issue.
http://www.eightforums.com/gtsearch....r+wont+turn+on

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/60719-unable-start-windows-defender-service-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

After running windows in safe mode to test something my firewall stopped working. I need some help since i could not find anything related to this issue on Win10. When i try to initialize windows Firewall service i get the message error 1068 and when i try to run it through Control Painel i get another message error with the code 0x8007042c.
Anyone know what can be causing that? If you need, i can provide more information about the issue. Btw there is aN event log saved on my pc everytime i start windows (ID 7001)

i also cannot run SFC /scannow anymore.. this is getting annoying.

A:ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service

The firewall service could be turned off/stopped - check this by searching for 'services' in the search bar. If the Windows firewall service is stopped, try and start it or if it is already running, try restarting it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38541-error-1068-cannot-start-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Every Sunday morning, our VDI's with W7 32 bit and VMware view 5.1 get a scheduled reboot. About 5% of them are not reachable after the reboot. It turns out the Firewall service hasn't started.
When I look in the event log, it says after the reboot:

The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

I can also see that the VDI doesn't have the correct domain profile (none), but that seems to be the case for every VDI.
The problem occasionally also happens during the week.
Steps taken to remediate this: I created a GPO that restarts the FW service the first 2 times and restarts the computers after subsequent failures. The network adapter is a E1000. After consulting VMware, we changed it to VMXNET 3, but this didn't help and
we could not image our VDI's any more.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f63753f4-f9d4-424f-b8a8-8c0b49e6c283/firewall-service-doesnt-start-after-reboot?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 63.64%

OK so I have a new Dell XPS M notebook running vista home premium and an Intel PRO Wireless ABG and I can't connect to any wireless networks The wireless switch is booted up in the on position I go to windows network diagnostic and start.... won't Service | AutoConfig Windows Wireless WLAN start won't it says that I need to Start Windows Wireless Service but this won't start and I'm simply told quot Windows cannot resolve your problem quot I have found this link Windows Wireless WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... Service - Windows BBS and vista-windows wireless service can't start - TechNet Forums and have attempted this technet fix and changed the reg value WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... from to regedit HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services ndisuio Change Start to quot x quot Restart but this hasn't fixed the issue Similarly I have found this link regarding Zero Configuration How do I start the Wireless Zero Configuration and have gotten the first step done but have stalled at the the service labelled WLAN AutoConfig In Services the service's startup type is set to WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... Automatic but Service status is quot stopped quot When I go to quot Start the Service quot it returns me with an error that Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found The fact this WLAN service won't start is what I think is causing the problem I've searched round and found nothing that can fix the issue Any ideas or suggestions other than re-installing windows or restoring factory settings

A:WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start....

I have the EXACT same problem (but with a Dell M1530) and have tried the exact same thing with no success. I think I got the problem from an update Microsoft sent me. I have heard the only way to fix it is to reinstall Vista. HELP!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/115911-wlan-autoconfig-wont-start-windows-wireless-service-wont-start.html
Relevancy 63.64%

OK so I have a new Dell XPS M notebook running vista home premium and an Intel PRO Wireless ABG and I can't connect to any start Service | AutoConfig won't WLAN Wireless start.... Windows won't wireless networks The wireless switch is booted up in the WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... on position I go to windows network diagnostic and it says that I need to Start Windows Wireless Service but this won't start and I'm simply told WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... quot Windows cannot resolve your problem quot I have found this link http www windowsbbs com showthread php t and http forums microsoft com TechNet amp wa wsignin and have attempted this technet fix and changed the reg value from to Quote regedit HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services ndisuio Change Start to quot x quot Restart but this hasn't fixed the issue Similarly I have found this link regarding Zero Configuration http www inf aber ac uk advisory faq vista and have gotten the first step done but have stalled at the the service labelled WLAN AutoConfig In Services the service's startup type is set to Automatic but Service status is quot stopped quot When I go to quot Start the Service quot it returns me with an error that Quote Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found The fact this WLAN service won't start is what I think is causing the problem I've searched round and found nothing that can fix the issue Any ideas or suggestions other than re-installing windows or restoring factory settings

A:WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start....

Check in Device manager that your wireless card is working properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-autoconfig-wont-start-windows-wireless-service-wont-start-205417.html
Relevancy 62.78%

hello, recently i booted my computer only discover that windows wireless service wasnt running, immediately i turned on my laptop to search around on google for a few hours,
so i went to my services, tried to start wlan autoconfig and it simply wont start and i get error 1747.
i have checked that the dependencies are running but am not so sure about nativewifi filter or the ndis usermode i\o protocol.
ive also check the value of h_key_local_machine\system\currentcontrollset\services\ndisuio\start and it is 3
if someone could help me to resolve this problem i'd really appreciate it.

thanks for you time,
Wyatt

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I'm having some problems with Windows x and I searched a lot on Google but I can't find any solution I hope someone here will be able to help me Some weeks ago I had no internet connection I checked my other computer and everything was working fine so after a while I tried to set a static IP via the TCP IP Win7 IPV4 service, Can't more... and start access firewall settings, properties and Internet was back Since then the connection status icon in the taskbar always shows that Click here to see the picture but the Internet connection works well Today I decided to investigate to check what was the problem I first tried to go in my network card TCP IP settings but Win7 Can't access IPV4 settings, start firewall service, and more... Problem the TCP IPv window doesn't open I see it for a second and it closes Click here to see the picture - when I double click on the selection in blue the TCP IP window Win7 Can't access IPV4 settings, start firewall service, and more... appear for a second and then disappear So I went on google and tried to understand what is happening I then tried the Network Troubleshooting or something like that - my Windows is in french Win7 Can't access IPV4 settings, start firewall service, and more... But then I got this problem Problem Diagnostic policy service does not start What the I Googled again tried some FixIt stuff that was talking about the Firewall I checked my firewall service and it was off I tried to start it and Problem error the dependency service or group failed to start I think that this is a major permission problem Could someone help me I don't want to reinstall all my stuff If you need more information tell me Thanks A LOT

A:Win7 Can't access IPV4 settings, start firewall service, and more...

I'm having the same issue.. I don't know when it has started to happen, but I had to go there after re-installing VirtualBox and the internet had gone crazy right after resetting the network settings.. GRRR

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236699-win7-cant-access-ipv4-settings-start-firewall-service-more.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi !
I recently have this problem on the services,when i try to Start the service he give me this error "Windows could not start the "service name" service on Local Computer Error 129 0x89" i search on google but i don't find this error,so
i think it will be good when i ask the Microsoft Comunity . I need help ! Sorry for my bad english !
         Thanks !

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/91c47c43-879c-4e37-a3c5-52cc8550f8f1/windows-could-not-start-the-quotservice-namequot-service-on-local-computer-error-129-0x89?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 61.92%

Mod Edit;Moved to the Am I Infected forum~ boopmeI have been unable to turn on my firewall (or make any adjustments to the settings whatsoever). When clicking advanced firewall settings I get the error code 0x6D9. When I try to check for updates, I get the message that "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer." I think both issues might be related to malware that was previously removed. Any thoughts?? I would really appreciate any help whatsoever! Thanks in advance.

A:I am unable to access my firewall and windows update service is not running. May be related to prior malware. What can I do?

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466047/i-am-unable-to-access-my-firewall-and-windows-update-service-is-not-running-may-be-related-to-prior-malware-what-can-i-do/
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok so my husband is on computer today and AVG pops up its window saying we have an infected file and he clicked heal I looked in the Virus Vault and found it was a trojan horse backdoor hupigon XTA it infected And start firewall won't Windows ICS my tcpip Windows firewall And ICS won't start sys I know I can restore it but it won t get rid of it I Windows firewall And ICS won't start researched it on the internet but didn t find anything useful Now I can t get Windows firewall ICS to start I ve tried looking thru this post for help and everything I ve tried has not worked I tried reinstalling XP SP I ran sharedaccess reg and NETSH FIREWALL RESET services msc WF ICS cannot start because the system cannot find file specified and there are other network type services that I can t get to run as well the only system error is a NetBT error ran SFC scannow with no problems and ran the winsockxpfix program I think that s everything I tried The difficult part is that I no network connectivity whatsoever but thank God I have computers So I m researching on one computer but it s slow going because anything I need downloaded has to be burned on a CD and transfered to another computer So I figured I d get professional help before wasting anymore time What is my best course of action here Ph here s a hijack this log and before I download all the programs from the other thread I wanted to know which ones would be pertinent to my situation to save time Thanks for the help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA POP-UP PSFree exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system UAService exe H Program Files VentSrv ventrilo svc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRA POP-UP PSFree exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SP Connection Patcher quot C Program Files SP Connection Patcher SP ConnPatcher exe quot -n O - Extra context menu item amp Search - http bar mywebsearch com menusearch html p ZN O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE ... Read more

A:Windows firewall And ICS won't start

please any help at all???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-and-ics-wont-start.605171/
Relevancy 61.92%

Gave up trying to fix this myself and am here for some Professional help.

System XP SP3
When I try to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service I receive the Error 1068: The Dependency Service or Group failed to start.

I ran the Malwarebytes Rootkit checker, which found one malware, which was cleaned and I use the NETSH FIREWALL RESET command in the Run box and it still will not start.

Any input would be appreciated, Thanks, Ed

A:Windows Firewall will not start

try open... services.msc in "run" box  check the services you want to run are set to 'automatic."

if disabled right click on the setting and click properties  change the setting to automatic

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525704/windows-firewall-will-not-start/
Relevancy 61.92%

A friend had malware on her computer and took it to a retail store for removal After repair the computer was not used for several months It was then discovered that there are several issues Windows update would not run Kaspersky AV was not recognized by Windows it was prior to the malware Windows showed no firewall even though Kaspersky Anit-virus should have one Windows firewall cannot be started even though the service shows started and can be stopped and started I ran several Windows will Firewall not start antimalware tools and registry fixes to resolve the problem Windows Update works Kaspersky appears to work but windows firewall will not start I uninstalled Kaspersky AV Windows Firewall will not start but Windows Firewall will not start Action Center shows a box with a red bar on the left that reports Windows Firewall is turned off and offers a button to quot Turn on now quot Clicking this results in a Windows stating Action Center can t turn on Windows Firewall and offers to quot Turn on Windows Firewall manually quot Clicking this Windows Firewall will not start results in the Windows Firewall window A box with a red bar on the left says quot Update your firewall settings quot and quot Windows Firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your computer quot A button offers quot Use recommended settings quot Pressing the button returns the same screen Pressing the quot Turn Windows Firewall on or off quot returns the same screen I need help to run some tools and return the logs for analysis as I cannot resolve the problem myself Thank you

Please run the followingPlease download Farbar Service Scanner and run it Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475833/windows-firewall-will-not-start/
Relevancy 61.92%

Just spent a week trying to start the W10 firewall. Dozens of Google recommended solutions but none work. Yes, Services reports it's automatic but it isn't running. Simply get an error message when I try to start it. Anyone else have the problem or a solution? Already ran sfc /scannow, Malicious Software Removal Tool, registry hacks and other suggestions. Also tried a 'clean install' but that didn't fix it.

A:Can't Start Windows W10 Firewall

Originally Posted by capri3156

Just spent a week trying to start the W10 firewall. Dozens of Google recommended solutions but none work. Yes, Services reports it's automatic but it isn't running. Simply get an error message when I try to start it. Anyone else have the problem or a solution? Already ran sfc /scannow, Malicious Software Removal Tool, registry hacks and other suggestions. Also tried a 'clean install' but that didn't fix it.

Might be a stupid question but have you tried
Start Right Click
Control Panel
Then Firewall and click to open
Then go to turn Windows Firewall
On or Off

But don't forget if you have an antivirus on other than windows defender then that will if you have not disabled or uninstalled it allow Windows Firewall to come on.
Sorry if you have already tried that

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/44160-cant-start-windows-w10-firewall.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Version Signature quot WINDOWS NT quot Provider Microsoft DriverVer DriverPackageType ClassFilter Class NetService ClassGuid d e -e - ce-bfc - be DefaultInstall NT CopyFiles DefaultInstall NT CopyFiles DefaultInstall NT CopyFiles fssfltr sys DefaultInstall NT Services AddService fssfltr DefaultInstall NT Services AddService DefaultInstall NT Services AddService DisplayName FssFltr ServiceType SERVICE KERNEL DRIVER StartType SERVICE MANUAL START ErrorControl SERVICE ERROR NORMAL ServiceBinary fssfltr sys start won't firewall (Windows 7) LoadOrderGroup NDIS firewall won't start (Windows 7) Dependencies tcpip AddReg DefaultInstall NT Services AddService AddReg DefaultInstall NT Services AddService AddReg HKR Order x xd ca d x FLG ADDREG TYPE DWORD DestinationDirs DefaultDestDir Drivers directory This is equivalent to windir system drivers for NT-based platforms SourceDisksNames Disk SourceDisksFiles fssfltr sys Strings Disk quot FSS Disk quot This is what I get when I try to start windows firewall I don t have any idea what it means except I think I m missing it or it needs repair to start the firewall The problem arose when I put the printer disk in to download quot HP Photosmart premium c f It would not finish due to error above

A:firewall won't start (Windows 7)

DownloadFSS Checkmark all the boxesClick on "Scan".Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460281/firewall-wont-start-windows-7/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I read a lot of solutions on the Internet but none worked for me Can you help windows 10 start can't firewall me Thanks in advance and sorry can't start firewall windows 10 for my poor english I speak spanish Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by ingJMG administrator on INGJMG-PC - - Running from C Users ingJMG Desktop bleeping-farbar Loaded Profiles ingJMG Available can't start firewall windows 10 Profiles ingJMG amp yo amp DefaultAppPool Platform Windows Pro Version X Language Espa ol Espa a internacional Internet Explorer Version Default browser Edge Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe C Program Files ShrewSoft VPN Client ipsecd exe C Program Files ShrewSoft VPN Client iked exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mqsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamNetworkService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender NisSrv exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamUserAgent exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SystemApps Microsoft Windows Cortana cw n h txyewy RemindersServer exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Messaging x wekyb d bbwe SkypeHost exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe ELAN Microelectronic Corp C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe ELAN Microelectronic Corp C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrlHelper exe Google Inc C Users ingJMG AppData Local Programs Google Google Photos Backup Google Photos Backup exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager MMDx Fx exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft ZuneVideo x wekyb d bbwe Video UI exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft WindowsCalculator x wekyb d bbwe Calculator exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Windows Photos x wekyb d bbwe Microsoft Photos exe Google Inc C Users ingJMG AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe G... Read more

A:can't start firewall windows 10

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Remove this old version of Java via the Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features applet.JavaFX 2.1.1 (HKLM-x32\...\{1111706F-666A-4037-7777-211328764D10}) (Version: 2.1.1 - Oracle Corporation)MyFreeCodec (HKU\S-1-5-21-2918173747-3376708851-2645080872-1000\...\MyFreeCodec) (Version: - ) <==MyFree Codec contains files which are necessary to play various media files from your device to Samsung Kies. It is automatically installed when upgrading or installing Samsung Kies. KIES utilizes the playing functionality and if it is not installed then you might experience errors when using various features or playing some media files, typically AVI or MPEGs or other movie or audio files.Your call if you want to keep it.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. start
CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

GroupPolicyScripts: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
GroupPolicyScripts\User: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-2918173747-3376708851-2645080872-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
URLSearchHook: HKU\S-1-5-21-2918173747-3376708851-2645080872-1000 - (No Name) - {B922D405-6D13-4A2B-AE89-08A030DA4402} - No File
FF Plugin-x32: @foxitsoftware.com/Foxit Reader Plugin,version=1.0,application/pdf -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins\npFoxitReaderPlugin.dll [No File]
CHR Extension: (Sistema de pagos de Chrome Web Store) - C:\Users\ingJMG\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda [2016-04-02]
CHR Extension: (Sistema de pagos de Chrome Web Store) - C:\Users\ingJMG\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda [2016-04-03]
U3 idsvc; no ImagePath
Task: {52C25917-40E0-4622-8A13-2AFC5694D350} - \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {54D0766D-F727-440D-AFDB-512F82B03CF9} - \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\refreshgwxconfig-B -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {5FF0F92B-E7F4-430A-A879-6C521D63E8A6} - \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\launchtrayprocess -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {6F10B983-81E9-4C51-9D19-4F581069F2BA} - \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\OutOfIdle -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {7BEA6C74-858D-46AA-B1CA-22E0616FF17E} - \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfigandcontent -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {86F9BBCC-6159-4AD3-BED1-F8E650A3BE65} - \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\Logon -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {AEC70238-5DBF-48C1-9E9E-F239B0DCDB95} - \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxcontent -> No File <==== ATTENTION
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\ingJMG:Heroes & Generals [38]
C:\Users\ingJMG\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda
C:\Users\ingJMG\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===After a restart of the computer if the Firewall cannot be restarted please download an run this tool.Download Farbar's Service Scanner uti... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617115/cant-start-firewall-windows-10/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am unable to turn my Windows Firewall on. I ran a full Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan to make sure there were no infections. The scan came up clean.

After clicking the the Windows Firewall icon, a windows pops up saying "Windows Firewall is not using the recommended settings". I clicked on the "Use Recommended Settings" button and an hourglass appears but then disappears after a few seconds, and the Windows Firewall window continues to say "Windows Firewall is not using the recommended settings".

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

A:Windows Firewall Will Not Start

Usually easiest way to fix this is use 'system restore' to move back to point when the firewall service was active and working.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482547/windows-firewall-will-not-start/
Relevancy 61.92%

someone help me my computers firewall does not come on its a windows firewall have tryed everything found that one of the dependences dont start its windows firewall authrization driver also called mpsdrv its a non plug & play i have tryed eveything i can think of to get it to start have done sfc/scannow & it found the problem but was unable to repair it is there any way to get this driver to start also in device manager/win firewall authorization driver and then in the driver tab every time i press start i get this message (the system encountered the following error while attempting to start the service cannot create file when the file already exists.) pls pls pls help me i feel exposed & naked without the firewall ..........

A:pls help cant get windows firewall to start

Welcome
You are so correct a firewall is a must. Disable the windows firewall.
How to Uninstall Windows Firewall in Vista | eHow.com
There are many free firewalls that can be used in lieu of windows.

Example, this is considred one of the best
http://www.comodo.com/home/download/...?prod=firewall

Possibly if you disable the windows fire wall then just enable again it may work. If it does or does not Comondo is excellent.

If you insist on Windows firewall try this

Click on start button then run> type netsh winsock reset, then hit OK. Boot computer and tick windows firewall.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/290309-pls-help-cant-get-windows-firewall-start.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I recently had an extensive battle with a redirect virus last month and after finally beating it thought I wouldn t Start Windows Can't Firewall have to read forum after forum of information and solutions for a while Since I was wrong I m here with a problem that is most likely a product of the virus my firewall won t start as well as ICS Internet Connection Sharing I discovered this while trying to set up wifi for gaming from my computer s router connection I m so brain dead from hours of researching but I ll try to post the most important things I don t have two firewalls or anything like Zone Alarm I ve gone into services and tried to start Windows Firewall and Windows Firewall ICS but they both give me errors Trying to just turn on the firewall brings the error Windows cannot start the firewall service Which before I did all the command prompt trickery said something along the lines of quot Can t start firewall due to an unidentifiable problem quot I ve already tried which on every forum seems like the final solution Typing rundll setupapi InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead windir inf netrass inf in command but it turns up with an quot Installation Failed quot error When Can't Start Windows Firewall I try the netsh firewall reset not sure if I typed it correctly here but I did earlier I got a message telling me firewall isn t turned on I ve reset winsock and created a new firewall registry file or something like that as well as merged it with the registry files Also ICS plain doesn t work for these reasons I don t know where else to turn and the last viable solution seems like to reformat or reinstall windows which I m not sure I have the means to do Any advice would be greatly appreciated

A:Can't Start Windows Firewall

You have two separate services you're working with. First, set Windows
Firewall service to Automatic. Then disable Internet Connection Service. See
if you get the firewall service running.

Depending on how your network is setup, you may not need the ICS service.

I use comodo free firewall and don't worry about the default firewall.

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369564/cant-start-windows-firewall/
Relevancy 61.92%

A few days ago start not Windows Firewall at will all. I found Windows Firewall will not start at all. that my computer had been infected via a flash exploit BFE and Windows firewall registry setting were removed After recovering and fixing the registry settings firewall won't start now whether it's through the control panel or services msc When I do it through control panel I get the loading cursor and can't do anything followed by it just suddenly going away and nothing happens When I try starting it through services msc Windows Firewall will not start at all. I get a could not start service on local computer error There is no issues with the Firewall driver the only other firewall I've tried to use is the AVG internet protection one that stopped working the day I installed it Windows firewall worked afterwards I've been looking for fixes I've tried reinstalling it Didn't work I've done an SFV Scan I think that's what it's called and nothing worked I think the files are missing or something Has this or a similar thing happened to anyone else Any help would be appreciated

A:Windows Firewall will not start at all.

Lightwolf219,

Let's take a look at what is going on with your system with this short scan...

Please download RogueKiller:
Tlcharger RogueKiller (Site Officiel)

When you get to the website, go to where it says:
(Download link) Lien de t?l?chargement:

Select the version that applies to your system: x64

Click the dark-blue button that applies to download.

Save to the Desktop

Close all windows and browsers
Right-click RogueKiller and select 'Run as Administrator'

Press: SCAN

A report opens on the Desktop: RKreport.txt

Please provide the RKreport.txt (Mode: Scan) in your reply.

(Please do not delete anything!)

Also, download Farbar Service Scanner
Save to the Desktop Make sure the following options are checked:Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Press: Scan
FSS creates a log, FSS.txt, on the Desktop.
Please provide the FSS.txt in your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/278411-windows-firewall-will-not-start-all.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Windows firewall can't change some of your settings.
Error code 0x8007042cHow do I enable my firewall?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 596962 MB, Free - 301277 MB; D: Total - 13515 MB, Free - 1849 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, VIOLET, 3.02, MS1C93R72701923
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 61.92%

The windows firewall is not starting when Xp loads When I try to start it manually from the Windows Firewall Internet Connection sharing service I get the message could not start windows firewall ics on local computer Error The filename directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect I am also unable to use any realtime antivirus software right now since they too are not starting up Running Xp Sp Here is my hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System start Cannot Firewall Windows XP svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Cannot start Windows XP Firewall WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe Cannot start Windows XP Firewall C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C My Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http iesearch sympatico ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ubishops ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sympatico ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp homepage http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home R - Cannot start Windows XP Firewall HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sympatico Internet Service R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button MoneySide - E F - C A- -A E -A DEA A - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www sympatico ca O - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab O - DPF - B- D - EAC- C D CF iPIX ActiveX Control - http www ipix com download ipixx cab O - DPF F -AB - A - D- F D A ChainCast VMR Client Proxy - http downloads ccpm cab O - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http by fd bay hotmail msn com resources MsnPUpld cab O - DPF E D DE - - -A - DFAD A D MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MessengerStatsClient cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan as free asinst cab O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C... Read more

A:Cannot start Windows XP Firewall

O23 - Service: Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) (SharedAccess) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (file missing)

your svchost.exe is missing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-start-windows-xp-firewall.448618/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I cannot turn on Windows Firewall even after following the steps resolution from microsoft My FSS log Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Pedrao administrator on - - at Running from C Users Pedrao Downloads Windows Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Attempt to access Yahoo IP returned error Yahoo IP is offline Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is OK The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK bfe Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of bfe service is OK Windows start Firewall won?t The ImagePath of bfe service is OK The ServiceDll of bfe service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Windows Firewall won?t start Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of iphlpsvc The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of iphlpsvc The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of iphlpsvc The value does not exist File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows System vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows System wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System wuaueng dll gt MD is legit C Windows System qmgr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System es dll gt MD is legit C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C Windows System iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows System rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Any ideas

A:Windows Firewall wont start

You are probably infected with Zero Access virus, because this behaviour indicates it's presence...

Open your topic --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

and make sure to follow preparation guide --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491049/windows-firewall-wont-start/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all Lent my laptop to one of my friends and was infected by a virus I should ve removed admin rights for my user before giving it to him Lot of suspicious redirections and ads Scanned using MSSE and found a Trojan Removed it It wouldn t stop the redirects though Found that hosts file was hijacked and restored it Solved the redirection problem Yay But I still can t get the firewall running FSS reports some dlls missing even though I can see them there Hope someone can help Here s the log Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Administrator administrator on - - at Running from quot D Users Rockgod Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Home able start Not Firewall Windows to Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is OK The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Not able to start Windows Firewall Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is set to Disabled The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist File Check ATTENTION gt Windows System nsisvc dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System dhcpcore dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System drivers afd sys FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System drivers tdx sys FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System Drivers tcpip sys FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System dnsrslvr dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System mpssvc dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System bfe dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System SDRSVC dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System vssvc exe FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System wscsvc dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System wuaueng dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System qmgr dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System es dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System cryptsvc dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System ipnathlp dll FILE IS MISSING ATTENTION gt Windows System svchost exe FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED ATTENTION gt Windows System rpcss dll FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED End of log

A:Not able to start Windows Firewall

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468146/not-able-to-start-windows-firewall/
Relevancy 61.92%

I had a virus that was cleaned up by Avast's boot scan and the XP firewall hasn't been able to start since then.

Here is a list of the steps i've taken through research that have all failed

- Did the sharedaccess.reg fix
- Replaced the ipnathlp.dll and ipnat in the system32 file
- Ran the sfc /scan now from CMD
- Went to services in the administrative tools and it still says Automatic

I've scoured the internet for the past 6 hours and tried everything I saw and I've finally gotten frustrated enough to start my own. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Windows XP Firewall Won't Start

Avast's clean up may not have been entirely successful & you may still have a malware infection (or Avast wasn't able to rectify the changes made by the malware, even though the malware was removed).

As we aren't allowed to advise on specific steps to root out & remove malware on the Windows forums, please post here: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

Please read the first "sticky" entitled "New Instructions" before posting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-firewall-wont-start-616442.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi my nephews downloaded some games onto my mother's computer over the weekend They also downloaded W ZAcc-Inf-A and a few other viruses which Sophos AntiVirus notified me of when I went to check something on her computer She has an HP Pavilion with Windows Vista bit I don't have a reinstall CD but I do have a recovery partition but would prefer not to use it since the only problem with the OS is that the Firewall won't turn on Here is what I did thus far Ran Spybot S amp D removed the one adware entry it windows Can't start firewall found Ran RogueKiller Adwcleaner SecurityCheck successfully Ran a full scan with Malware Can't start windows firewall Bytes Anti Malware Nothing detected Adjusted the Services for DCom DHCP to recommended settings as detailed in the forums Ran Windows Firewall Fix-it tool Rewrote the registry keys as shown in http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows-firewall-doesnt-show-up-in-services-wont-turn-on Firewall Still won't turn on I'm wondering what to do next please advise Thanks

A:Can't start windows firewall

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
Link 1Link 2

Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.
Post the log in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499866/cant-start-windows-firewall/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Windows Firewall won t start I followed the step resolution from microsoft website but firewall won t start returning the x c error This is the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Pedrao at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT won?t Firewall Windows start AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C Windows Firewall won?t start - Windows Firewall won?t start B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- Windows Firewall won?t start E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingDesktop BingDesktopUpdater exe C Program Files x Bzeek bzeek exe C Program Files x MyPublicWiFi PublicWiFiService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x Virtual Router VirtualRouterService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows PLFSetI exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Windows system vssvc exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uWindow Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSN uURLSearchHooks EEE C D- - DC- C - C - lt orphaned gt uURLSearchHooks e -ab e- af - f- d c f f - lt orphaned gt BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - LocalServer - lt no file gt BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live ID Si... Read more

A:Windows Firewall wont start

Hymy name is Daniel and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.I am currently visiting an evening school and working nightshift only which might be evening for you. In this time I am mostly online with my mobile devices and won't be able to reply.Please read and follow these instructions carefully. We do not want it to fix anything yet (if found), we need to see a report first.Download TDSSKiller.exe and save it to your desktopExecute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.Press Start ScanIf Malicious objects are found, do NOT select Cure. Change the action to Skip, and save the log.Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txtPlease post the contents of that log in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491050/windows-firewall-wont-start/
Relevancy 61.92%

Im having a problem with Windows XP Firewall When every I go to the security center and try to activate it I get this message- quot Due to an unidentified problem Windows cannot display Windows Firewall Settings quot How do I fix this If you need my Hijackthis log here it is Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Windows will not start Firewall XP v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS Windows XP Firewall will not start system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run PPMemCheck C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe O - HKLM Run PestPatrol Control Center C PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run CookiePatrol C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE quot background O - HKCU Run ares ultra quot C Program Files Ares Ultra Ares Ultra exe quot -h O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Google AdSense Preview Tool - http pagead googlesyndication com pagead preview en preview html nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

After installing SP2 onto my Windows XP Pro it says that the firewall is not activated. So when i go to control panel to activate the new firewall its says:

'Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet connection sharing (ICS service?'

I click yes and then get this message:

'Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet connection sharing (ICS) service.'

So I click OK and nothing happens. I don't know how to start the firewall because it wont turn on, what associated service does it mean.
Also in Network Connections in the control panel my cable modem does not show up even though my connection still works?

PLEASE HELP ITS REALLY BUGGING ME!

A:Windows XP SP2 Firewall Cannot Start?

Go to
Control Panel > Windows Firewall
And manually start it there.
Then open the Security Center panel back up and it should say your Firewall is now on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-sp2-firewall-cannot-start.266644/
Relevancy 61.92%

Windows Home Premium bit I have literally tried everything Including the various Fixit's not will Firewall Windows start and nothing seems to work Infact one of the Fixit's namely one that has 'malware' in the title something like Windows Firewall will not start MicrosoftFixit malware Run or something to Windows Firewall will not start that effect it was downloaded from the Microsoft site had an option to fix the firewall as well as fix group policies Because of the group policy quot fix quot it pretty Windows Firewall will not start much destroyed my computer by making me unable to start up most files by giving me a quot data of this type is not supported quot error on nearly every single file I was trying to run exe's reg's etc Only thing I was pretty much able to run was Firefox and that was it I also tried two others that were also supposed to try and fix the firewall and no luck After that one Fixit destroyed everything I am no longer using them for anything So please don't direct me to them as none of them is fixing my specific firewall issue and instead makes things worse Luckily I already had the Administrator account enabled so I booted up into it to try and bypass that specific error Tried to install a gaming-relating program called quot Raptr quot and it ran into that same error I gave in and did a system restore to the earliest point I had I only have around entries saved or so in it at a time I don't know how to increase that if it's even possible and that error is now gone and my normal user account is back to normal However I still can not run Windows Firewall and I have done everything including double checking services that it requires virus and malware scans I run Malwarebytes and Avast and nothing has popped up I need the firewall running in order to install Rosetta Stone and it was that program that made me realize that the firewall was disabled and I don't know how long it's been disabled nor do I have a system restore point early enough to see when it was enabled in the first place I have done various registry quot fixes quot and rebooted for settings to take effect and nothing has worked and yes I did export the file before messing with settings to put everything back to how it was before I started playing with it I don't have discs to reinstall Windows either and due to financial reasons I don't even have the money to buy any as everything goes to bills and before anyone asks this computer was a gift not out of my own pocket I have also ran sfc scannow and it checked out fine and did not encounter any problems I ran it around different times and each result was the same The message I get is quot Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations quot The Windows Firewall Authorization Driver is also running and set to quot Demand quot Windows Defender is also up and running and has had no problems with running as far as I know I have googled everywhere and have not found a working fix nor does the various Fixit programs do any good for my case I no longer have any trust in them because of the hell I went through with not being able to run any files so I refuse to use them from now on never even fixed my firewall issue anyways Providing images to all the various firewall-related bits When I click the button all I get is a spinning blue circle and it stops eventually and nothing happens If I click on turn on now it gives me the error to the right If I choose to turn on manually it just sends me back to what I have in the first image posted This is when I try to start the service This as well I have provided as much information as I could possibly muster as I am desperate to try and get this problem fixed So hopefully someone can help with the information I've been able to gather edit Looked in the event viewer and this is what I get Audit Failure The Windows Firewall service was unable to retrieve the security policy from the local storage Windows Firewall will continue to enforce the curre... Read more

Hi and welcome to the forums! I'm sorry you're having problems and I know how frustrating they can be. While I don't have an exact fix for you, I have read some very positive reviews regarding the following tool. It has a "repair firewall" option in the custom list, and might very well be worth a try. Good luck!

|MG| Tweaking.com - Windows Repair 1.4.3 Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/194229-windows-firewall-will-not-start.html
Relevancy 61.92%

After installing SP2 onto my Windows XP Pro it says that the firewall is not activated. So when i go to control panel to activate the new firewall its says:

'Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet connection sharing (ICS service?'

I click yes and then get this message:

'Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet connection sharing (ICS) service.'

So I click OK and nothing happens. I don't know how to start the firewall because it wont turn on, what associated service does it mean.
Also in Network Connections in the control panel my cable modem does not show up even though my connection still works?

PLEASE HELP ITS REALLY BUGGING ME!

A:Windows XP SP2 Firewall Cannot Start?

Go to
Control Panel > Windows Firewall
And manually start it there.
Then open the Security Center panel back up and it should say your Firewall is now on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-sp2-firewall-cannot-start.266644/
Relevancy 61.92%

Greetings honored wizards of computer fixery Firewall start! Windows will not I am a first time poster that is having an issue with Windows Firewall Until today I was also having an issue with Windows Firewall will not start! Microsoft Security Essentials but I believe to have that problem resolved Let me preface with that I have already Windows Firewall will not start! dug deeply to find associated issues and I am now just stumped Windows Firewall will not start from the control panel and I am not able to start the service I receive error x c when I try to start it from control panel and error when trying to start the service I traced the problem down the Windows Firewall will not start! service dependencies and found that BFE was not running I found a solution on the forums for resolving the BFE service issue Afterwards I discovered that my BITS service is not running and appears to be missing entirely So I probably have several problems but my end goal is to get my firewall running again Where do we start -incredulous

A:Windows Firewall will not start!

Lets check for malware before fixing firewallDownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networkingDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472850/windows-firewall-will-not-start/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have Windows Vista and I can t get my windows firewall back on If I click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off I get this message quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Windows will Firewall start not Firewall service Windows Firewall will not start And if I click on Yes I get this message quot Windows Cannot start the Windows Firewall service I ve try going to Control Panel then to Administration Tools and then to Services I then right clicked on Windows Firewall and went to Properties to the tap Dependencies Windows Firewall needs Windows Firewall Authorization Driver and Base Filtering Engine Base Filtering Engine needs Remote Procedure Call RPC witch needs DCOM Server Process Launcher The RPC and DCOM and both started but the Base Filtering Engine isn t and when I try to start it I get this message quot Windows could not start Base Filtering Engine service on Local Computer Error The system cannot find the file specified This is all I know and I try everything I could think of please help me with this P S Is there anyway to find out if any firewalls are active on my Computer nbsp

Did you recently install a different firewall, then uninstall it? A system Restore to before you installed the other might do the trick.

Check that the BFE.DLL file is present in %systemroot%\System32 (normally C:\Windows\System32)

You can try running sfc /scannow from an Admin Command Prompt to replace it if missing, and to check for other damaged/corrupt files:
Click Start, type cmd in the Search box
Right click cmd.exe and choose Run as Administrator
Continue/enter credentials on the UAC prompt
when the command window opens, type
sfc /scannow

Let the scan finish and see if that will resolve the issue.

Afraid I haven't found much on the web other than System Restore or a repair install to fix this.

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-will-not-start.806126/
Relevancy 61.92%

This is a Farbar scan Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by nkedw administrator on Can't Windows help. Firewall, please start - - at Running from C Users nkedw Downloads Microsoft Windows X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Can't start Windows Firewall, please help. Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is Can't start Windows Firewall, please help. accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is OK The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of wscsvc The value does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of wscsvc The value does not exist Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of wscsvc The value does not exist Action Center Notification Icon gt Unable to open HKLM ShellServiceObjects F F FDD-AA D- -A -C B AF B A key The key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of wuauserv service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of wuauserv service is OK The ServiceDll of wuauserv service is OK Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend ProgramFiles Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dhcpcore dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CFB DF B AF D D DCD E C Windows System drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D CE A F B E CF C EF F C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System mpssvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation EA A C DF EB E C Windows System bfe dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation F D EDBB A DF D B C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation BF D F ACBC F B B F CBCEA C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows System vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows System wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System wuaueng dll gt MD is legit C Windows System qmgr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System es dll gt MD is legit C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legit C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe gt MD is legit C Windows System svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows System rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log

A:Can't start Windows Firewall, please help.

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.    Scan with DDSDownload DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here orhere.Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.When done, DDS will open two (2) logsDDS.txtAttach.txtSave both reports to your desktop.   Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-RootkitPlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from here Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page.Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up any important data before using.Double click the mbar.zip file to open it, then 'Extract all files'.Double click the mbar folder to open it, then double click mbar.exe to start the tool.Check for Updates, then Scan your system for malwareIf malware is found, do NOT press the Cleanup button yet. Click EXIT.I'd like to see the log first so I can see what it sees. You'll find the log in that mbar folder as MBAR-log-***.txt . Please attach that to your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501142/cant-start-windows-firewall-please-help/
Relevancy 61.92%

Greetings,I have seen this on a number of forums. I have tried the fixes that are posted but none have worked. Windows firewall will not start, when I go to services I get a 1068 error. When I try to start Base Filtering Engine, I get an error 5.I have run Combofix but seem now to have broken more than fixed anything. The combofix log is attached. Any help is appreciated.PatEdit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Windows Firewall will not start,

Greetings, Helps to read with understanding. The problems i thought i had were fixed when i restart. However, Windows Firewall will still not start nor Base Filtering Engine.

Thanks for the help.

Pat

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428197/windows-firewall-will-not-start/
Relevancy 61.92%

I keep getting a message that says: "Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall service?" I click "Yes." Then I get a message that "Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall MpsSvc service. i have vista as my operating system. i have spet over 8 hours with HP's tech support to no avail.

First, visit the Services settings, and check the properties of the firewall. It's probably not starting because some dependency isn't being satisfied.

You can also check the Event Log to see what it says about errors starting it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-will-not-start.755235/
Relevancy 61.92%

I try to turn on the firewall and I get this message: Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x8007042c

I'm not sure when this started happening, but can someone help me fix it!?

A:Windows 7 Firewall Won't Start

Welcome,
Some questions before an attempt to fix anything.
Do you have a security program installed, current and running? Many security programs provide a firewall and so turn off the windows firewall.
Have you run any scans to see if your system is infected in any way? If so, which ones and what were the results.
Keep us posted

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553290/windows-7-firewall-wont-start/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am not able to start windows firewall. Earlier I had Mcafee installed but the same was indiacting both windows and mcafee firewall off. hence I uninstalled Mcafee anti virus to check whether I can start windows firewall which I could not. I have read many threads in this forum and tried almost everything from sfc/scannot, started services BFE but I couldnot start Windows firewall. I am attaching herewith sfcdetails file which will help you guiding me for solving the problem.

Pl ease note that I have windows 7 professions OS on my PC.

A:Not able to start windows firewall

I suspect that you have more problems than just these file errors - but we'll work on them first as we have the data to hand...

Code:
2014-08-21 23:23:56, Info CSI 000001f4 [SR] Repairing 4 components
2014-08-21 23:23:56, Info CSI 000001f5 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2014-08-21 23:23:56, Info CSI 000001f6 [SR] Cannot verify component files for 640caf3bd1f82b7746e522a21a8e8799, Version = 6.1.7601.18275, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, manifest is damaged (FALSE)
2014-08-21 23:23:56, Info CSI 000001f7 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"hidclass.sys" of input.inf, Version = 6.1.7601.18199, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
2014-08-21 23:23:57, Info CSI 000001f9 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:38{19}]"DiagPackage.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-MaintenanceDiagnostic.Resources, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2014-08-21 23:23:57, Info CSI 000001fa [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"usbscan.sys" of sti.inf, Version = 6.1.7601.18199, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
I'll post a fix later today.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/342523-not-able-start-windows-firewall.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunThreatEngine exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C Program Files Alcohol Cannot Firewall Windows Windows Start Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer SunProtectionServer exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmgr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmon exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings Denys Lagacy Desktop Windows Cannot Start Windows Firewall HijackThis exe O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - Windows Cannot Start Windows Firewall C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - BHO Adobe Acrobat Control for ActiveX - CA A - D- CF-A D- - C PROGRA Adobe ACROBA Acrobat ActiveX pdf ocx O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run LXBTCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXBTtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run Lexmark series quot C Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioAudioCentral quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe quot O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run CloneDVDElbyDelay quot C Program Files Elaborate Bytes CloneDVD ElbyCheck exe quot L ElbyDelay O - HKLM Run KAVPersonal quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal kav exe quot minimize O - HKLM Run CloneCDTray quot C Program Files Elaborate Bytes CloneCD CloneCDTray exe quot s O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunServer C Program File... Read more

Relevancy 61.06%

I bought a new laptop acer 7736ZG in December 09, everything worked fine to begin with, but one morning turned on my pc and got the message that windows firewall is not turned on, anyway after exploring different things i ended up reinstalling windows 7. again everything worked fine until a couple of days ago when once again i got the message that windows firewall is not turned on, i tried turning it on but got the message that action center can't turn on windows firewall. i then tried to turn it on manually. next message tells me that windows firewall is not using the recommended settings, i then click on use recommend settings and the only thing that happens is the (what was before) hour glass spins for a few seconds and stops, nothing else. would greatly appreciate your help

Relevancy 61.06%

I have been trying to solve this for quite some time now I go into the Can start NOT Solved: Windows Firewall control panel firewall settings On the first tab you Solved: Can NOT start Windows Firewall get to choose your firewall setting on on with exceptions Off All of my options are greyed out and I have no options to start the firewall Clean computer just spent the last days debugging it I am sure that it has something to do with what was downloaded by my son but even after cleaning up the computer to get rid of spyware malware trojans backdoors viruses etc I am left with the same result Here is a copy of Hijack this Solved: Can NOT start Windows Firewall Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmon exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Firewall ca exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus VetMsg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C PROGRA DELLSU DSBrws exe C PROGRA DELLSU DSBrws exe C Documents and Settings Steven Lessard Application Data Microsoft Internet Explorer Quick Launch HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http tampabay rr com aroundtampabay O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run DwlClient C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe O - HKLM Run Dell AIO Printer A quot C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKCU Run DellSupport quot C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe quot startup O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF - A- - C - DFCB F PSFormX Control - http www my-etrust com Extern RoadRunner PestScan pestscan cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab O - DPF B BFD- E - -B AF- A B EA WScanCtl Class - http www ca com securityadvisor virusinfo webscan cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DEAE D A- E - -A - AB C NameServer O - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxdev dll O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WgaLogon dll O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - C WINDOWS system WPDShServiceObj dll O - Service CAISaf... Read more

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi there, until recently I had Symantec security protecting my computer and since the licence lapsed, I've been unable to start Windows Firewall. I'm running a 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium. I've uninstalled all Symantec files and have tried numerous methods to get the firewall going again with no success. Trying to start it through services.msc, the following error message appears: "Windows could not start the WIndows Firewall on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 5." I've tried running the System File Checker and nothing came back. Any help would be greatly appreciated as there are a number of things I can't do (re-install my wireless printer for example) without a the firewall in place. Thanks, Mike

A:Unable to start Windows Firewall

Lets make sure that you are not infected prior to looking at the firewall issue. Do you currently have an antivirus?

Run the Norton Removal Tool please.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/norton-removal-tool/

Download and run wipe  and system ninja,

https://privacyroot.com/software/www/en/wipe.php
https://singularlabs.com/software/system-ninja/

Then.....

Go ahead and install ccleaner Now that you have the program installed go ahead and run the cleaner function.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
Now that you have cleaned out some temp files, lets go ahead and disable all of the items starting up with your machine except your antivirus. To do this you will need to click on tools then start up select each item then disable.
Now that you have disabled those un-needed start ups lets go into the settings, we will have Ccleaner run when your machine boots, so that you will never have to worry about cleaning temp files again.To do this:
Hit options.
Settings.
Place a tick to run Ccleaner when the computer starts.

Now go to the advanced tab, and select close program after cleaning, now run the cleaner again this will close Ccleaner.

Reboot your machine and then follow the  instructions below.

Step 1: eScanAV.

Disable your antivirus prior to this scan.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114351/how-to-temporarily-disable-your-anti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs/
Download the eScanAV Anti-Virus Toolkit (MWAV)http://www.escanav.com/english/content/products/downloadlink/downloadcounter.asp?pcode=MWAV&src=english_dwn&type=alter

Source
http://www.escanav.com/english/content/products/downloadlink/downloadproduct.asp?pcode=MWAV
Save the file to your desktop.
Right click run as administrator.
A new icon will appear on your desktop.
Right click run as administrator on new icon.
Click on the update tab.
Once you have updated the program, make sure the settings are the same as the picture below.
Once you have made sure the settings match the picture, hit the Scan & Clean button.
Upon scan completion, click View Log.
Copy and paste entire log into your next reply.
Note: Reboot if needed to remove infections.

Step 2: Zemana

Run a full scan with Zemana antimalware.
http://www.zemana.us/product/zemana-antimalware/default.aspx
Install and select deep scan.

Remove any infections found.
Then click on the icon in the pic below.

Double click on the scan log, copy and paste here in your reply.

Step 3: Junkware Removal Tool.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.
Source
http://thisisudax.org/
Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Please post the JRT log.
Step 4: Adware Cleaner.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Scan button.
When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575418/unable-to-start-windows-firewall/