Windows Support Forum

Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places"

Q: Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places"

G day all I am hoping someone may be able to tell me why my local folders appear under quot The Internet quot Local Places" Solved: opening Network appear "My Folders "The as Internet"when on one of our work computers rather than under quot Local Network quot We have four machines running XP Home and one running XP Pro The front machine has XP Home on it and I cannot open any Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" of the shared folders for this machine on any of the other three machines even though they all have the same workgroup name Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" They are all connected via CAT cable and we have a Netcomm NB ADSL modem router a Netcomm V Telephone Adapter VOIP modem and an port switch in the boss s office And the front computer s folder s and drives that I have chosen to be shared are listed under quot The Internet quot Does anyone know why this is and how I would go about correcting it Thankyou for your help and time Aaron nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-folders-appear-as-the-internet-when-opening-my-network-places.578697/
Relevancy 127.72%

This is a question for information about why my networking problem finally was resolved I have four PC s on my network one Windows and three Windows XP The Windows PC always sees all three of the other computers However the Windows XP computers sometimes don t see the other XP computers when I press My Network Places Quite by accident I discovered that "View when Network Places" Why "My does Workgroup Computers" doesn't? work if I press View Workgroup Computers then ALL the other PC s in the network DO show up Furthermore if I click through quot View Workgroup Computers quot and access edit a file on one of the other computers then this computer will ALSO show up in My Network Places This behavior seems to be quite consistent and works every time I have tried it Apparently this is a workaround to the long vexing problem of why Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? my networked PC s sometimes don t show up under My Network Places My question why does View Workgroup Computers apparently always show all the networked PC s when My Network Places does so only intermittently or sometimes not at all Thanks for Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? any response Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-does-view-workgroup-computers-work-when-my-network-places-doesnt-487868.html
Relevancy 124%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 121.21%

Hi,

I'm running Windows XP Pro. I'm not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to combine the contents of "My Computer" and "My Network Places" into one icon? I know how to remove either icon (via TweakUI), but is it possible to, for example, have all of the links in "My Network Places" appear in "My Computer" or vice versa?

A:Combing "My Computer" and "My Network Places"

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combing-my-computer-and-my-network-places.469671/
Relevancy 120.59%

See image for example. Since I go to so many networks, I hate having those folders stored there, since they don't automatically remove themselves.

I've done a bit of searching, but have yet to come up with anything.

Thanks!

Relevancy 118.11%

Since a couple of days I've been having this weird glitch. When I double-click the drive folder, the folder does not open. Instead, the Search Results window is displayed. However, when I right-click the folder, and then choose "Open", the drive folder opens normally displaying my programs etc. Dunno if this is related or not but this began after I installed IE7, the first time around installing the installation crashed on me, second time around worked.

This only happens to the drive folders, not the folders/ subfolders themselves, they still function normally.

After hours and days of wasting time and energy, trying to get the default options back by attempting to customize the folder options/ views ,I finally came across this Microsoft Help & Support page which addresses my problem. I followed the steps described therein, with the result that now Notepad opens each time I doubleclick to open the drive folder...

I need advice please!

Relevancy 117.49%

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

A:Remaking "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Legume

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

You have a backup from before the problem started? a win 7 dvd to do a repair install?
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109624-remaking-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-folders.html
Relevancy 116.87%

With XP I had a "shared" to Connecting network folders, drives, local on local network of three computers--my desktop my wife's desktop and my laptop I bought a new laptop with Vista I installed Vista on my desktop And I have left my wife's with XP I have setup the network The two Vista machines are quot connected quot in the sense that they show up on the network map with the XP machine showing up down on the bottom The network shows up correctly in explorer I can connect the two Vista computers to the XP drives and folders But I can't do it with the Vista machines even though explorer lists them as type quot share quot I have set the c drives and documents folders etc to share I had trouble for several Connecting to "shared" drives, folders, on local network days connecting to the printer until I discovered that Live OneCare's firewall was blocking it Once I turned that off I could use the printer from the laptop So now for its trial period at least I am using Norton There must be some setting that I have missed but I can't figure out what I keep getting the message quot computername c is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission Access denied quot I am logged on as the administrator I've scoured Help on the subject of access permission and can't find what I need I certainly miss the XP Network Wizard Warner

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-shared-drives-folders-on-local-network-141877.html
Relevancy 116.87%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 116.56%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP get - Network wifi get a also "connected" I connecting to - Access" "Unidentified caf Internet Although I When No at with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is no Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-i-get-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 116.56%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there is no caf a Network although also - get No I When "connected" - Access" connecting at Internet "Unidentified to wifi Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-quotunidentified?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 116.56%

Hello everyone how are you!

I have a question, actually I'm development a application for sharing internet connection. I'm using "Wireless Hosted Network and Internet Connection Sharing" that it's in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd815252%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I want change default IP Address range and I have read that these settings it's in next address:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters.

My question is, How I can restart or update the "Internet Connection Shraring" or "Wireless Hosted Network" after I change the IP Address range for that assign IP Address different to default.

Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cad8769-ac99-4437-8b52-752a0cf85da9/restart-or-update-the-quotinternet-connection-shraringquot-or-quotwireless-hosted?forum=netmon
Relevancy 116.56%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 116.25%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 115.94%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 115.94%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 114.39%

According to many instances of directions, one should be able to go to My Computer/Other Places/Network Places. I do not have "Network Places" as an option. I can however, access it from the Start Menu. But I would like to see it back in My Computer. Any ideas?

Relevancy 114.08%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 113.77%

TerryNet once pointed out to me that there were two ways of looking at Network Places- "Task View" and "Folder View." How do you go about choosing between them?

Attached is a screen shot of the Network Places Tool Bar (sp??). I can't find anywhere a way of changing the 'view'. How is it done??

{redoak}

Relevancy 113.77%

This just happened out of nowhere yesterday morning My local "Network a - internet? to the network to not Connected 7" but Solved: roommate was using her laptop with no issues until suddenly the connection cut out She tried reconnecting but had no luck so she waited still no signal She was able to see our network name but it would not allow her to connect to it Same thing when I tried my laptop I could see it scanning wi-fi and showed available connections including our own but it wouldn t let me connect The desktop in our home office has internet The modem is showing all the proper lights flashing indicating there is ethernet DSL and internet When we open our laptops and get a signal even for a brief moment it kills the connection on the desktop and all lights on the modem go off except the power light which starts flashing slowly Totally loses connection As soon as we close the laptop the connection comes back on the desktop I noticed that the icon in the Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? tray that indicates connectivity the two computer monitors flashing blue back and forth looks different than normal There is no little globe in Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? front of them there are just two monitors and there is usually a globe showing internet access So I clicked it and it says we re connected to quot Network quot Access local So I took a screen shot of this What is going on can someone help me out I have no idea what to do but we need internet on the Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? laptops If you need any more information from me feel free to ask Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-network-7-a-local-network-but-not-to-the-internet.1073683/
Relevancy 112.84%

Hi all this originally started with an issue with the wireless I recently installed a D-Link DIR- wireless router and did computer only" "local with Vista had with "local ethernet only" access wireless, now a basic setup giving it WPA security My Vista computer originally was able to connect to the router with Internet and before that to the modem directly with Ethernet but it was infected by the Vista Security virus which I removed after following some steps and MBAM Since then it can no longer connect to the wireless network so I Googled the issue and did a few things - Norton Remover - In command prompt ipconfig and netsh some commands that reset refreshed IP DNS or something along those lines - Going to wireless settings and disabling ipV - Going to wireless setting and manually giving it an IP Default Gateway DNS Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet according to the specs that I found by using ipconfig on my working Windows laptop - Updating the Atheros driver to version Somewhere along the way I must ve nipped something important somewhere because now the Vista machine doesn t connect to the internet wirelessly NOR with the Ethernet cable attached Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet The icon in the lower right hand corner shows that the machine sees the router but with Local Access only I ve done an ipconfig all with the machine and here are the results this is with ethernet attached Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HomePC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B- A- E- A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - F- - F-D - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c bf a c b cbf Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CF B -A - C B- DA-FC A D br CD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AA -A C- F-AFBB-DC F br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F AFB E -A E - B-A B -A B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Conn... Read more

A:Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-computer-had-local-only-access-with-wireless-now-local-only-with-ethernet.1031986/
Relevancy 112.53%

I have to set up a Broadband connection. But Local Area connection icon is missing. Someone told "drivers" could be missing... I installed few. But the problem is as it was.. please guide me in this regards.. Thank you

Screen shots Attached

A:"Local Area Connection" missing in "Change adapter Settings".. Plz hlp

Hi and welcome to the Forum
Is the Broadband connection working OK?
Where are you looking for the icon? Can you post a screenshot of the location where you expect to see the LAN icon?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286724-local-area-connection-missing-change-adapter-settings-plz-hlp.html
Relevancy 112.53%

I am running Windows 10 Insider build 14332 and had issues setting up home group. After running the home group troubleshooter, my ethernet and wifi adaptors got renamed to "Ethernet 2" and "Wi-Fi 2" respectively.
I am unable to rename it now. It shows an error "Cannot rename this connection. A connection with the name that you specified already exists. Specify a different name."
My internet is working fine but I am finding these names a bit annoying. I have seared online for similar issues but the solutions haven't worked for me.

A:"Wi-Fi" shown as "Wi-Fi 2" in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

The devices are still in the device manager but not connected.
These are hidden devices.
To much here to tell you how.
Search for hidden devices, device manager to find how to remove them
This has been around since XP

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/423793-wi-fi-shown-wi-fi-2-control-panel%5Cnetwork-internet%5Cnetwork-connections.html
Relevancy 112.22%

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1. If I disable my Local Area Network, the internet connects perfectly. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN USE MY LOCAL AREA NETWORK AND THE WIRELESS CONNECTION AT THE SAME TIME! Frustrating to the max! Any network specialists out there who can tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!!

A:Conflict between "Wireless Network Connection" & "Local Area Connection"

berkeleygh said:

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1.Click to expand...

You should know that x.x.2.1 is incorrect. For the router address shown, all devices that connect to it *must* be 192.168.3.x where x > 1 and < 255.

I would suspect that you have some static configuration data in the devices.

You want your router to offer DHCP in the range 2->32 (that's more than enough) and
you want all systems to use DHCP for the IP address and DNS settings.

Remove anything in the Alternative Configurations

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/conflict-between-wireless-network-connection-local-area-connection.154215/
Relevancy 111.91%

How to remove the quot Authenticated Users quot quot Create Folders quot permission from the root of the C Drive via command-line I know this question has been asked many times before but nothing works for us We tried the following Take ownership I cannot take ownership using the Administrator account local and Domain Admin accounts of the root C Error Access Denied Cuurent root C owner is TrustedInstaller and acnnot be changed We cannot nbsp change or remove the Create Folders permission of the Authenticated Users of the root C Error Access Denied Drive C is hidden via GPO but many users can enter it from the File-Explorer and create folders permission "Create the "Authenticated Users" command-line? via Folders" How C the root from of to Drive the remove in the root C We do not want -for many reasons- to Block Prevent Access to C via GPO We also nbsp tried to run cacls and or icacls under the system-account PSEXEC -i -s -d CMD Error Access Denied icacls C deny S- - - NP AD Error Access Denied How to remove the "Authenticated Users" "Create Folders" permission from the root of the C Drive via command-line? icacls C remove g S- - - Error Access Denied cacls c e c R quot Authenticated Users quot Error Access Denied Also using GPO quot Computer Configuration Security Settings Restricted Groups quot does not work Now we have this issue How to remove the "Authenticated Users" "Create Folders" permission from the root of the C Drive via command-line? on over pc's on our network Nothing work Please help How to remove the quot Authenticated Users quot quot Create Folders quot permission from the root of the C Drive on nbsp command-line win builder

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2a97f7e6-c685-4a8d-b3db-ca8803c664f6/how-to-remove-the-quotauthenticated-usersquot-quotcreate-foldersquot-permission-from-the?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 111.6%

ok, so basically I have 4 computers here at the house all on highspeed. They all run XP and they are all on "mshome" which works just fine. You go into my network places, you see all 4 computers and can access them all without anyproblems (share files, printer sharing works fine) anyways, I have a laptop that I will be connecting from another internet location and I want it to show up in My Network Places so the computers will think it's right at the house, so I could print to the printer and communicate across the local network as if I was at home. Any way to do this? I got all the basic networking stuff down. But have never really looked into anything like this and have always wondered about it.

A:Connecting My LapTop From Another Internet Location To My "MSHOME" Local Network

???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-my-laptop-from-another-internet-location-to-my-mshome-local-network.420800/
Relevancy 111.6%

ok, so basically I have 4 computers here at the house all on highspeed. They all run XP and they are all on "mshome" which works just fine. You go into my network places, you see all 4 computers and can access them all without anyproblems (share files, printer sharing works fine) anyways, I have a laptop that I will be connecting from another internet location and I want it to show up in My Network Places so the computers will think it's right at the house, so I could print to the printer and communicate across the local network as if I was at home. Any way to do this? I got all the basic networking stuff down. But have never really looked into anything like this and have always wondered about it.

A:Connecting My LapTop From Another Internet Location To My "MSHOME" Local Network

You would probably receive better support using this forum:

http://forums.techguy.org/f53-s.html

GL!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-my-laptop-from-another-internet-location-to-my-mshome-local-network.420749/
Relevancy 111.29%

Good day all.

I recently restarted my computer only to be met with an empty desktop.

Also, My Start Menu is empty. I can't locate any of programs or documents.a Right clicking and going to windows explorer, I could only view : "My Computer", "Windows (C); and when I click on them, they contain few irrelevant files.

In other words I can't find my personal saved documents, "my document" folder , recycle bin and all other programs.

My wifi still works so the only thing I can do on my system is browse on the internet.

However, I can open a microsoft office file, PDF files, if I download it directly from my email or from an external drive.

I can save files on my new blank desktop.

I presume this is a virus attack.

Can anyone be kind enough to advise me on what to do?

Thanking you in advance.

A:Desktop erased. Can't Locate "My Documents" folder and "Start Menu" folders

Your files and folders may have been hidden by the virus, go to folder options and 'show hidden files and folder' to see if they actually are hidden. If they are, you can use Grindler's UnHide tool to 'unhide' all of your files and folders. As for the virus, move this thread to the virus and other malware removal forum in order for it to be noticed by an authorised malware removal member.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-erased-cant-locate-my-documents-folder-and-start-menu-folders.1003509/
Relevancy 111.29%

Good day all.

I recently restarted my computer only to be met with an empty desktop.

Also, My Start Menu is empty. I can't locate any of programs or documents.a Right clicking and going to windows explorer, I could only view : "My Computer", "Windows (C); and when I click on them, they contain few irrelevant files.

In other words I can't find my personal saved documents, "my document" folder , recycle bin and all other programs.

My wifi still works so the only thing I can do on my system is browse on the internet.

However, I can open a microsoft office file, PDF files, if I download it directly from my email or from an external drive.

I can save files on my new blank desktop.

I presume this is a virus attack.

Can anyone be kind enough to advise me on what to do?

Thanking you in advance.

closing thread, please do not create more than one thread for the same issue. Please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1003509-desktop-erased-cant-locate-my.html .

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-erased-cant-locate-my-documents-folder-and-start-menu-folders.1003510/
Relevancy 111.29%

Good day all I recently restarted my computer only to be met with an empty desktop Also My Start Menu is empty I can t locate any of programs or documents a Right clicking and going to windows explorer I could only view quot My Computer quot quot Windows C and when I click on them they contain few irrelevant files In other words I can t find my personal saved documents quot my document quot folder recycle bin and all other programs My wifi still works so the only thing I can do on my system is browse on the internet However I can open a microsoft office file PDF files if I download it directly from my email or from an external drive I can save files on my new blank desktop I presume this is a virus attack Can anyone be kind enough to advise me on what to do AFTER FOLLOWING SOME ADVICE I AM BEGINNING TO GET Documents" folder erased. Locate and "My Menu" Can't folders "Start Desktop SOME OF Desktop erased. Can't Locate "My Documents" folder and "Start Menu" folders MY FILES BACK BUT MY START PROGRAM FOLDERS ARE ALL EMPTY For example when i click the microsoft office folder it is empty HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS VIRUS PLEASE Thanking you in advance nbsp

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1003509-desktop-erased-cant-locate-my.html . Please do not create duplicate threads for the same issue.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-erased-cant-locate-my-documents-folder-and-start-menu-folders.1003517/
Relevancy 111.29%

i Recently bought and hp windows 7 computer 64 bit and it was fine but two weeks later it does this it was working few hour ago and now it saids this ""Local Area Connection" Doesn't have a valid ip config"
what does that mean? i couldnt fix it, i turned off the router, modem did a pc recovery and i also waited. it didnt do anything how do i fix this? am not really good at pc can someone give met he step one by one?

A:""Local Area Connection" Doesn't have a valid ip config "

Quote: Originally Posted by markxsimu

i Recently bought and hp windows 7 computer 64 bit and it was fine but two weeks later it does this it was working few hour ago and now it saids this ""Local Area Connection" Doesn't have a valid ip config"
what does that mean? i couldnt fix it, i turned off the router, modem did a pc recovery and i also waited. it didnt do anything how do i fix this? am not really good at pc can someone give met he step one by one?

You should first try resetting the router by holding down the reset button for 30 seconds, still holding down the button, unplug the router for 30 seconds, power back up while still holding down the button for 30 more seconds.

After that it's required that you go into the routers settings and make sure the wireless is set up correctly, you need to add SSID "name of network" set up a password to connect, then choose the security and encryption, WPA2 and AES encryption tends to work best with Windows 7 drivers.

After that check your wireless profile for this connection by going to the Network and Sharing center, look left for "Manage wireless connections" and use the same settings that you used for the router.

If you are still having problems please post the ipconfig/all from this machine and I'll have a look at it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236591-local-area-connection-doesnt-have-valid-ip-config.html
Relevancy 111.29%

I'd like to assign a few select "domain users" to be local admin over their test machines which log into a domain. The test machines are Windows 7 64bit and the domain is Win2k8 R2. I have been searching around for the best way to do it but I've come up short on my search.

Anyone know off the top of their head?

Thanks

A:Assigning "domain user" to "local admin" on select PCs

Create a new group in AD, for example, TestUsers
Add the required users to the group
Go round each machine and add the group as a member of local admins.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47604-assigning-domain-user-local-admin-select-pcs.html
Relevancy 111.29%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 111.29%

I ve got a problem with one of the computers in our workgroup Looking at My Network Places in Windows XP it used to be named say but... "Local Network should Places My Network" quot Local Network quot and the Network Location for each of the computers in our workgroup should also be detailed as My Network Places should say "Local Network" but... quot Local Network quot I m not sure how it happened but now My Network Places has the name of quot Internet quot and the Network Location of all of the computers in our workgroup on that computer are detailed also as quot Internet quot All of the other computers on the network are fine and in fact the files on the computers in our workgroup may still be viewed and accessed via My Network Places on the computer in question However trying to for instance open a database on our server through My Network Places now yields a security error due to Windows XP believing that our network is an Internet network Files may still be opened by copying them to the local harddrive but I would like to change the settings in My Network Places back to the quot Local Network quot setting that it should register our network as Any hints suggestions would be very helpful Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-network-places-should-say-local-network-but.521874/
Relevancy 110.98%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 110.67%

Cannot SAVE TO "desktop" or "recent places" for browser downloads OR even local docs e.g. save notepad to desktop.

Relevancy 110.67%

I have Windows Home Pro installed on my laptop and I'm one of those people that likes to keep my Start Menu folder OCD-tidy In W as I believe it was in Vista there are two folders that handle the program shortcuts for the Start Menu There's "personal" merge to users" Any Menu and Start reason folders? "all not a user-specific one for programs only that user can use and the all-users one for programs everyone can use C Users Joe AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs and C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs I'm Any reason not to merge Start Menu "personal" and "all users" folders? the only user on my laptop so I'd like to just consolidate these two folders Any reason not to merge Start Menu "personal" and "all users" folders? into one to make it easier for me to sort and keep track of Is Any reason not to merge Start Menu "personal" and "all users" folders? there any reason not to just drag-and-drop stuff from one to the other Is there one that I should use in preference to the other should I keep everything in the quot user quot folder or the quot all-users quot folder I'm pretty sure I just did this without any problem in Vista but I wanted to make sure so I don't mess anything up as I'm new to W Thanks Joe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/any-reason-not-to-merge-start-menu-personal-and-all-users-folders-610871.html
Relevancy 110.67%

HI i got infected with quot vbs quot through someone's usb i ran quot Flash Disinfector quot then installed quot kaspersky quot scaned the whole computer it also deleted open used & drive "vbs", on unable with folders "Flash_Disinfector" to hard infected vbs trojan However after that when i tried to open my computer by clicking on its icon it did not open i tried to open it fron strat up but the result was same all others like my documents etc were all right i open my computer through my documents opened my c drive when i tried to open further any folder present infected with "vbs", used "Flash_Disinfector" & folders on hard drive unable to open present in the C drive it gave me the error i am including the error meggage in attachment howerever all my folders were not having any shortcut sign amp it was same with all folders present in all my drives infected with "vbs", used "Flash_Disinfector" & folders on hard drive unable to open but when i wrote the name of the folder in the address bar it opened normaly infected with "vbs", used "Flash_Disinfector" & folders on hard drive unable to open so now i cannot open my computer through its icon plus all the folders present in my hard drive please help me to sort this thing out

A:infected with "vbs", used "Flash_Disinfector" & folders on hard drive unable to open

Hello and Welcome.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/infected-with-vbs-used-flash_disinfector-and-folders-on-hard-drive-unable-to-open-468303.html
Relevancy 110.67%

infected with quot vbs quot used quot Flash folders with on hard don't open afte infected all "vbs", drive "Flash_Disinfector" Disinfector quot amp folders on hard drive unable to open HI i got infected with quot vbs quot through someone's usb i ran quot Flash Disinfector quot then installed quot kaspersky quot scaned the whole computer it also deleted vbs trojan However after that when i infected with "vbs", afte "Flash_Disinfector" all folders on hard drive don't open tried to open my computer by clicking on its icon it did not open i tried to open it fron strat up but the result was same all others like my documents etc were all right i open my computer through my documents opened my c drive when i tried to open further any folder present present in the C drive it gave me the error that is this item quot vbs quot that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly Do you want to delete this shortcut infected with "vbs", afte "Flash_Disinfector" all folders on hard drive don't open Howerever all my folders were not having any shortcut sign amp it was same with all folders present in all my drives but when i wrote the name of the folder in the address bar it opened normaly so now i cannot open my computer through its icon plus all the folders present in my hard drive please help me to sort this thing out dds DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Nadeem Ahmad at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus On-access scanning disabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files idt wdm STacSV exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost GhostStartService exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe C Documents and Settings Nadeem Ahmad Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www msn com uDefault Page URL hxxp www msn com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext wmplayer exe ICWLaunch uInternet Settings ProxyServer socks uWindows Load quot c windows system smss exe vbs quot BHO HelperObject Class c d-c - c - -fce ad c - c program files techsmith snagit SnagItBHO dll BHO QvodExtend ac - de - - a e-a af add - c program files qvodplayer QvodExtend dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLL BHO MSN Toolbar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c program files msn toolbar msneshellx dll BHO Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB SnagIt ff e -abde- eb-b e-d aab cabe - c program files techsmith snagit SnagItIEAddin dll TB MSN Toolbar e ed c- cb - d -b e -ab c c - c program files msn toolbar msneshellx dll TB Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - No File TB BC A- - D - AC -E B A BA C - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun H PC Connection Agent quot c program files ... Read more

A:infected with "vbs", afte "Flash_Disinfector" all folders on hard drive don't open

Hello buct,

It will require more than 1 round to clean the system. Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seem to abate.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT- Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

====================================================

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications as they will interfere with our tools and the removal.

====================================================

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/infected-with-vbs-afte-flash_disinfector-all-folders-on-hard-drive-dont-open-468423.html
Relevancy 110.67%

I reformatted my computer recently with all the same Center Media 32-bit and WinXP on folders "AMD64" edition "i386" hardware and software I usually do "AMD64" and "i386" folders on WinXP Media Center 32-bit edition but this time I noticed something different On my E partition non-system there is a folder called quot ca a ecf b e quot which contains two folders quot AMD quot and quot i quot I researched a little bit and found out those folders pertain to a windows -bit edition but I don't have anything to do with a -bit edition mine's a -bit Here's my system specs WinXP Media Center Edition Version SP Intel Core Duo Processor E GB RAM NVidia GeForce GS MB ST AS GB HD I have my HD partitioned to drives GB System Drive C GB Document Drive D GB Storage Drive E I also have GB partitioned as an Acronis True Image Home Secure Zone for storing Disk Images I was wondering why those two folders are on my E drive when I'm running a -bit version of Windows Also sorry if this should be in another thread my computer has been restarting unexpectedly while I've just been doing random things on it Nothing graphics-intensive or anything like that so I don't know why it's doing that either Thanks for your help and time Nic

A:"AMD64" and "i386" folders on WinXP Media Center 32-bit edition

It sounds like those are temporary files from a driver installation. A lot of companies seem to package every possible driver in the zip or executable, extract them all to the hard drive, find the one the system needs and copy it to the system32 directory, then leave the rest behind.

In that case they should be safe to delete. It would take a bit more research on your part to make sure. Maybe a readme or help file somewhere in the directory?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/amd64-and-i386-folders-on-winxp-media-center-32-bit-edition-368337.html
Relevancy 110.67%

Computer infected with quot Phoenix Toolkit Website quot rootkit trojan virus identified by both Norton Anti-Virus and Webroot SecureAnywhere Although the computer is having no symptoms of spyware besides the search engine highjacking that no longer occurs messages of blocked threats continuously pop up from Norton Anti-Virus Windows Ultimate Intel i CPU GB DDR Logfile of named in Undeletable "LP" and Files/Rootkit. "73949" Program folders Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Undeletable folders named "LP" and "73949" in Program Files/Rootkit. C Program Files x Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Ralink Common RaUI exe C Program Files x iMesh Applications MediaBar Datamngr datamngrUI exe C Program Files x LP C exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x lvvm exe C Program Files x BitTorrent BitTorrent exe C Program Files Webroot WRSA exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer Undeletable folders named "LP" and "73949" in Program Files/Rootkit. iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Norton AntiVirus Engine MCUI EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Zohair Razvi AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE HOUF NM HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts www precisionmanuals com O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Wincore Mediabar - -e f - ed - c- e af a a - C PROGRA IMESHA MediaBar Datamngr ToolBar wincoreimdtx dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO DataMngr - BE A F - CB- -B B-B EDA B - C PROGRA IMESHA MediaBar Datamngr BROWSE DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Wincore Mediabar - -e f - ed - c- e af a a - C ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/undeletable-folders-named-lp-and-73949-in-program-files-rootkit.1032980/
Relevancy 110.67%

I have an HP a f Intel Pentium Dual CPU bit operating system with a NVIDIA nForce Ethernet card and Netgear Wireless-G Router for the Toshiba laptop My internet connection has been working just fine on BOTH computers Recently JUST THE HP will "Local cable internet Plug a network Lost the - Error into Area Connection" adapter not connect to the internet saying quot plug a cable into the network adapter local Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" Error - Lost internet area connection quot I have tried various repairs to diagnose where the issue is occurring and think it might be something to do with an HP update that may have messed something up or a driver issue After taking the router out of the loop trying a new ethernet cable etc I m thinking either drivers port or card I have Windows Vista and have searched various forums and tried several quot solutions quot to no avail Any ideas I am communicating thru my laptop s internet connection so I am limited to the quot Diagnose amp Repair quot options on my HP with NO INTERNET CONNECTION -ruled out router issue -tried different ethernet cords -researched error in System Diagnostics Report Microsoft to adapter is reporting quot tv configMgrErr quot -unchecked ipv internet protocol -several restarts -Network Sharing Center - checked properties of quot local area connection quot Desktop OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium Dual CPU E GHz Processor Count RAM GB RAM Hard Drives C Free - MB Antivirus Norton Enabled Some updates recently failed due to loss of internet connection C Users Robbi AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Robbi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - - -AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD A- - E -B DD- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD A- - E -B DD- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes amp Thanks in advance for any assistance offered Robbi nbsp

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" Error - Lost internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-error-lost-internet.949907/
Relevancy 110.36%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 109.43%

For some time now, double clicking on a folder no longer opens it as usual. Instead, double clicking on a folder causes a separate Explorer Search window to open, with that folder's name under the "search in" tab. In fact, when i right click on a folder, the first and bold-faced option is "search", as opposed to "open". So to open any folder I have to right click it and hit open, which is slow and annoying. I cleaned out my registry, spyware, viruses, everything, and still this problem persists. I also checked the Mouse control panel, nothing there.

Anyone know what's going on with my computer?

A:Help! Double-clicking on folders prompts "search", not "open"

Hi

Open "My Documents", go into Tools>Folder Options and under General>Browse Folders choose Open each folder in the same window. Save that and then goto View>Explorer Bar> and click Folders.

See if its better now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-double-clicking-on-folders-prompts-search-not-open-140931.html
Relevancy 109.43%

Hi I'm thinking about repairing Windows Home Premium bit with the DVD because of BSOD but I hesitate I first need to know if the backup folder called quot Windows old quot will be a COPY keeps Date Does timestamps "Windows.old" & ? folders keep "Date Created" of files Modified but updates Date Created or a CUT simply moves all folders to an other thus doesn't change Date Created Thanks So of course only those who have ever reinstalled Windows may know the answer If you don't know Does "Windows.old" keep "Date Created" timestamps of files & folders ? but have reinstalled Windows at least once please spare Does "Windows.old" keep "Date Created" timestamps of files & folders ? seconds to check simply find a file like a picture or music that you had before the reinstall and see in the bottom bar of explorer if its Date Created is the original or the reinstall date You can also click Display tab in Explorer then Sort by gt Others gt check quot Date Created quot gt OK gt Click display again gt Sort by gt Date Created Don't mistake with Date Modified I know the original Date Modified is kept upon copying but it will Does "Windows.old" keep "Date Created" timestamps of files & folders ? update if you modify the file obviously Please be honest and double check losing years old dates of my past would be heartbreaking like mixing the pages of my diary Date Created is very important to me and is underrated because it's not the default sorting option unlike Name Type Date Modified because my computer is years old now has thousands of files and folders and it's easy to find them back and organize them with Date Created sorting if I didn't write tags or description in the file name If it doesn't keep Date Created any simple other way to fix Windows without losing them is welcomed I guess cutting manually files and move them to an external drive would but I'm afraid it messes up my PC before I even finish the transfer Would a classic backup keep Date Created I guess this is becoming too much quot off section quot Please be human and ignore the following if it is maybe someone might have an answer to the relevant initial question Sorry I don't commonly use forums but I'm too helpless v All this is not important though If my problem with dates is fixed To be honest my problem wouldn't be the backup if I wasn't threatened by BSOD every day Since about week now I get minutes of BSOD daily randomly within the first hours of usage of the day then it runs perfectly the whole day after that I cleaned some years old dust inside the PC and graphic card fans fixed temporarily for like - months then BSOD again changed thermal paste and re-plugged my ram bars fixed temporarily again few months So I guess it's in the system files I did anti virus scans SFC scannow on System but it didn't find anything what a lie I even had the quot file header checksum corrupt quot black screen sometimes and quot PFN LIST CORRUPT quot some BSOD Should I perform the scan in an other folder BSOD suspect files are mostly ntkrnlpa exe halmacpi dll win k sys ntfs sys recently dxgmms sys and some really special snowflakes that appeared red one time in BlueScreenView such as fltmgr sys npfs sys ataport sys volsnap sys and many more it's so gross and nasty I could leave a screenshot of my BlueScreenView history if needed all kinds of errors That's why I'm depressed causes are so multiple and random Though I think I modified something in regedit about quot TdrDelay quot value in Graphic Drivers because of the BSODs in gaming or YouTube I have a registry backup but it's more than year old so not sure if it's safe and I don't remember if it had the default settings and what they were right now its value is I don't know if I even had the file before so a reinstall would be simpler if that is the problem I just hope it doesn't have to do with materials that I have to pay a lot for

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/381341-does-windows-old-keep-date-created-timestamps-files-folders.html
Relevancy 109.43%

OK guys, im kinda new to this forum, so... hello.
My computer has a not so serious problem-When I try to open Local Disk C by double clicking it says:
"
Windows cannot find install.exe.
This program is needed for opening filed of type 'File'.

Type in the executable file to be used instead:

This problem isnt very serious, I just dont want my computer to remain "corrupt" if you know what I mean.

Help my and I will be grateful!

A:Cant open C:/:"Install.exe is needed for opening type of "file""

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Have you scanned your system for viruses lately? What antivirus program is installed on your system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-c-install-exe-is-needed-for-opening-type-of-file-90046.html
Relevancy 109.43%

Here s a strange one All of my DVD-RW drives are appearing as Local Disks when I view them in quot My Computer quot Moist of the drives in question are external firewire and DVD-RW As Drives In Disks" Listed "My "Local Computer" USB however my integrated DRD-RW is also effected Oddly all of the drives are fully functional when used for burning playing media and they all appear properly in the Windows Disk Management console and applications that would require optical media burning software and the like That being the case I guess this is more in the quot annoyance quot category as functionality is not the DVD-RW Drives Listed As "Local Disks" In "My Computer" problem In any case I have tried all the quick fixes I can think of i e change drive letters and reboot uninstall DVD-RW Drives Listed As "Local Disks" In "My Computer" and search for new hardware disable enable In all of the above operations the drives briefly re-appear in quot My Computer quot all listed simply as quot CD Drive quot However once I ve accessed any DVD-RW Drives Listed As "Local Disks" In "My Computer" of the drives they revert to quot Local Disk quot This is a rather new W x PC Didn t notice anything strange with the drives initially The problem just sort of appeared after a reboot Any explanations suggestions appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 109.43%

And no smart-alec answers of quot well there s an option to change that quot I ve done it so here s my issue I own Folders in "same" Solved: to window, set opening just wiped and re-loaded XP Pro on my old Presario and I was attempting to manually change a few file types default icon and worked my way down to quot Folder quot I opened it and was dismayed to find that Solved: Folders opening in own window, set to "same" the option to change icon was gone I closed it out and opened up quot file folder quot which actually gave me the choice I saved it and went on my way About minutes later I typed into my address bar in my start bar My Documents My Downloads and it opened up a search window explorer search I was confused so I checked the advanced options of quot file folder quot again and noticed that under Actions it only had quot find quot and it wasn t bold as if it were the default action So I added open and specified explorer and set it as Solved: Folders opening in own window, set to "same" default as there wasn t one before and closed it I went to the address bar and pressed enter again and it opened my downloads so I didn t complain I then clicked on a folder and it opened in a new Solved: Folders opening in own window, set to "same" window Oops That wasn t supposed to happen I checked the folder options and it says quot open in same window quot So now I m confused I went back to quot folder quot and quot file folder quot and in both the action quot open quot was defaulted and opens in Explorer but here s the problem the tick-box quot Browse in same window quot is grayed out and not selected HELP It s extremely irritating as when they open they open in random places all around my screen not in any collated order one after the other Back and forward navigate within the same window as does quot up quot but any time I try to open a folder it takes me into a new window Any help would be MUCH appreciated Other notes that may affect - Shortly after this I used a program to change all the icons but this was an issue before that so I don t see how it would have affected it - I had accidentally pressed quot Apply to All Folders quot under the quot view quot tab but I quickly pressed quot Reset all folders quot after having pressed quot restore defaults quot - Under the General tab I have pressed quot Restore defaults quot and it s set to quot open in same window quot quot Show Common tasks in folders quot and quot double click to open quot Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Folders opening in own window, set to "same"

FIX: Open each folder in the same window
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/samewindow.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-folders-opening-in-own-window-set-to-same.643943/
Relevancy 108.5%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 107.88%

i've been relying on going to "internet options","general" and "delete" then ticking all the boxes on that page..i found out that by doing this,my temporary internet file swere NOT being deleted.is this a vista problem? my pc came to a complete sludge of a slow down today and i found that my internet files folder had files going back a year that hadn't been deleted as i've been relying on ticking those boxes..i had tons and tons of and tons of files.i'm wondering if this is the norm and also is it possible that other files are not being deleted when using that method? if so,then i probably have folders that are totally loaded with trash.

A:Solved: Had to delete temp internet files by "view files" ,"select all" ,"delete"

Have you ever unticked Preserve Favorites website data?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-had-to-delete-temp-internet-files-by-view-files-select-all-delete.1029591/
Relevancy 107.88%

If I open "My Computer" and then I double click on the C: drive icon (or any drive), it opens up a new window with the Search panel on the left. If I right click on a drive, the menu comes up and "Search" is the in bold, indicating it is the default. How can I change this so it is no longer the default, but opening it up with "Open" as the default?

A:Explorer Window defaults to "Search" instead of "Folders"

Start> Run> type: regsvr32 /i shell32.dll then hit OK.
If that doesn't work, try this script repair from Doug Knox.
folder_open.vbs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-window-defaults-to-search-instead-of-folders.604751/
Relevancy 107.57%

So this morning I at Network CPU 100% Places" stuck Unable open usage. "My to freezes. went to class with my Dell Latitude D laptop and connected to my schools wireless network with no problem CPU stuck at 100% usage. Unable to open "My Network Places" freezes. I shut down and when CPU stuck at 100% usage. Unable to open "My Network Places" freezes. I got home and started up my CPU was stuck at usage I noticed this when I tried to open quot My Network Places quot since I normally switch to a cable connection at home and turn off the wireless I did a McAfee virus scan and came up clean The only significant changes I can think of doing recently was converting my external Seagate drive from FAT to NTFS HIJACKTHIS LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver StartAutorun exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver KMConfig exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver KMProcess exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files LOLReplay LOLRecorder exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver KMWDSrv exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system rpcnet exe C WINDOWS system StacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McScript InUse exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaws exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jaucheck exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Bennett Colangelo My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www robattle net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlin... Read more

A:CPU stuck at 100% usage. Unable to open "My Network Places" freezes.

Sorry but I tried to edit the original post and couldn't.

I have recognized that the process which is taking up 90% CPU is called "services.exe" if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-stuck-at-100-usage-unable-to-open-my-network-places-freezes.992622/
Relevancy 107.57%

Hello there, I'm looking for ways of getting rid of the "My network places" icon a Windows 2000 Pro desktop. On my administrator account i have the icon like I'm supposed to...but i have another user account on this computer that i dont want to have it just sitting there on the other persons desktop saying "click me click me, come and play with me" (Due to minor network security issues at the moment).
I think the progy TweakUI will do this for me...but im looking for a nice easy CLEAN way of going about this. (and i may have to do this to several computers also) But ofcourse any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated as usuall. Thanks for reading.

A:Hide/remove "My network places" on Win 2000 Desktop?

Start > Run > type: gpedit.msc press enter.
expand User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Desktop.
on the right pane, u'll find "Hide My Network Places icon on desktop" .. double click it and enable it.

there u go

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hide-remove-my-network-places-on-win-2000-desktop.325536/
Relevancy 107.57%

I had a small network up and running that I set up awhile back. I formatted & reloaded 2 of the machines (both running WinXP Home SP2). On the laptop, "My Network Places" shows it's shared folder and the "MSHome" network. The PC shows the network in "Create a network place" but doesn't see the shared folder.
Tried everything I can think of... cancelling and resetting the folder to share, adding another folder..., nothing.
Why doesn't my the shared folder appear in the "My Network Places" folder? Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-network-places-doesnt-have-shared-folder-icon.453106/
Relevancy 107.57%

I would like to know why the MY NETWORK PLACES link is in the start menu on some computers and not on others?

I always assumed once you created a small home/office network it would show up.... I do not think this is the case since I have a pc on my network that lacks this shortcut.

That same pc is giving me error reports SPOOLER SUBSYSTEM APP.... blah blah blah...

To top it off, that same pc is not accessible by my other computers on the network.

the "problem pc" can be seen but not accessed
the "problem pc" cannot see any other pc on the network.
all other connections on the network are visable and working.

any help would be greatly appreciated

A:"my network places" in start menu and GUIDANCE NEEDED

needed info?

4 desktops wired
1 laptop wireless
all XP Pro
using Linksys WRT54G (wired & wireless mode)
wep disabled

easy enough.... so what's going on.... ????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-network-places-in-start-menu-and-guidance-needed.34152/
Relevancy 107.26%

I'm Running Windows bit Home Premium fully updated On my laptop bit Windows quot Recent Items quot works properly showing all docs I've opened only no folders as it should be The taskbar Jumplists for each program also show recent docs opened in that program The quot Recent Places quot folder however is always empty nor do recent folders show on the Jumplists for folders Searching has turned up nothing useful but tells me I'm not the works, empty but "Recent PLACES" folder always "Recent ITEMS" only one with this issue What I've tried already sfc scannow making sure both the quot Store and display quot options in Taskbar and Start Menu Properties are checked making sure the reg key HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Shell Folders Recent points to the correct folder APPDATA Microsoft Windows Recent Items and that the folder itself is actually named quot Recent Items quot and not just quot Recent quot running a disk scan Safe mode Essentially it seems that documents opened are recorded but not folders I'm "Recent ITEMS" works, but "Recent PLACES" folder always empty stumped at this point Anyone know what's up with this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recent-items-works-but-recent-places-folder-always-empty-895762.html
Relevancy 107.26%

Hi everyone, this morning I turned on the PC to do the usual stuff but I could not connect to my internet with the error "Unidentified Network - Limited". After trying to troubleshoot my ethernet I get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". After troubleshooting didn't work I took to the web. I literally tried every solution I found... to no avail. This brings me to extra frustration since I only built my PC last thursday.

System Specs: CPU; AMD A6-6400K
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M
RAM: Kingston 8GB
Storage: 2x 1tb WD Blue
GPU; Gigabyte GTX 650
PSU: Corsair 600w
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95
Case: Corsair 200r
Operating system: Windows 8

IPConfig /all: (Will get when I find something to transfer over the info)

A:"Unidentified Network - Limited" and "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-limited-and-ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration.1113621/
Relevancy 107.26%

Does anybody know how I can change these icons?

I changed the default icon for the network one in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C} but it didn't change.
Appreciate any help,

B

A:Changing "Computer" and "Network" icons in explorer navigation pane

Hello, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, you could use the method in the tutorial below to change the icon of "Computer" and "Network" to what you like, and have it applied everywhere in Windows.

Desktop Icons - Change or Restore Default Icon

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/351478-changing-computer-network-icons-explorer-navigation-pane.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 106.95%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Vista Home Premium -bit brand new on Sony Vaio laptop WRT G Linksys wireless router router connect internet, boot to Solved: says, At will not up "Local only" firmware just updated and according to Linksys Support it Solved: At boot up will not connect to internet, says, "Local only" s set up correctly and functioning perfectly I have two other computers connected to this wireless network one laptop running XP Pro SP - it boots up to Local and Internet just fine The other is a desk top that is connected with RJ Cat- network cable - works perfectly When I boot up the new computer it connects to the router and the message when hovering over the networking icon in system tray is quot Access only quot - no quot and Internet quot and I cannot log onto the web Solved: At boot up will not connect to internet, says, "Local only" I then right click on that networking icon and select quot Connect to a network quot then hit the quot Disconnect quot button to disconnect from my wireless network - then re-connect back Upon completion of this I am logged on properly and when hovering over the newtwork icon the message is quot Access Local and Internet quot and all is well What can I do to have it automatically log to Local and Internet without having to manually disconnect and reconnect I ve tried disabling my McAfee anti-virus - makes no diffenece Comcast Solved: At boot up will not connect to internet, says, "Local only" internet cable modem etc TIA for any help nbsp

A:Solved: At boot up will not connect to internet, says, "Local only"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-at-boot-up-will-not-connect-to-internet-says-local-only.826913/
Relevancy 106.64%

I am running a peer-to-peer LAN Vanish from Wizard" Network Install Network Using Places Printer Computers My "HP of Win XP Pro SP boxes Over of them in a particular workgroup All static IP addresses All machines have File and Print Sharing set up and Windows Firewall turned off I have used quot HP Install Network Printer Wizard quot to install a couple of HP s Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places and Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places a HP d printer each of which have JetDirect N cards installed But my problem isn t with the installation and use of the printers In fact this software works fine and everyone prints happily Here s the catch all machines using HP Install Network Printer Wizard mysteriously disappear from My Network Places no matter what machine I use to look at My Network Places after minutes If I reboot one of them it s back for about minutes then gone Now they re pingable and in fact you can find them using the Search button But they re not visible and to my staff this is a major obstacle I have boxes without the HP wizard and they re visible on My Network Places Using a couple different boxes as guinea pigs I can affirm that deleting the printers uninstalling HP Install Network Printer Wizard and eliminating references to it in the registry does not reverse the situation and fix the problem Ugh I can also affirm that disabling our Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not solve the quot vanishing quot problem A call to HP Support and subsequent discussion with their reps yielded no help although they did get a good chuckle out of it nbsp

A:Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places

OK there is a catch here you know how the printers after 20 min of no using them is going in stand by mode ... for some reason the network card is going in standby mode for the printer also if you try to print over the network you gonna see that the printer is going back visible.
Solution: There was a option in Network Monitor Devices for don't going on that "standby mode" check and see if this will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-using-hp-install-network-printer-wizard-vanish-from-my-network-places.596562/
Relevancy 106.64%

Running Windows XP Home Service Pack It seems that what I m trying to do should be simple Yet I ve literally been trying to do it for over a year I stumbled upon this forum so maybe you can make my dreams come true and actually give me a shared network angels singing Keep refusing Home Network computers Windows show Places" network to XP "My in mind I once Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers had a shared network and everything was fine Then one day it mysteriously stopped and hasn t run since even after hundreds literally of attempts to set it up again For the moment all I want to do is have my computer we ll call this computer quot Sony Laptop quot appear in its own quot My Network Places quot window - not concerned with Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers the other networked computer at the moment I have tried quot Set up a home or small office network quot and quot set up a wireless network for a home or small office quot dozens of times chosen every single combination possible completed them restarted but quot Sony Laptop quot still never appears in quot My Network Places quot I cannot for the life of me understand it If that s all the info you need please respond If you want more observations read below FRY S DESKTOP Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via ethernet SONY LAPTOP is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via wireless -- ethernet ----- FRY S DESKTOP BELKIN ROUTER --wireless -------SONY LAPTOP I can receive wireless internet with the SONY LAPTOP through the BELKIN ROUTER I can ping FRY S DESKTOP from SONY LAPTOP I cannot ping SONY LAPTOP from FRY S DESKTOP I tried pinging SONY LAPTOP through both the wireless IP address and a connected ethernet cable Local Area Connection IP address connected through the BELKIN ROUTER Neither worked Some things I ve encountered When I explore the network gt My Network Places gt Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network I get a funny message quot Unable to Browse the Network - The Network is not present or not started - For more information click Help quot Of course in classic Windows style when I click quot Help quot the window hangs and never goes anywhere kind of ironic - don t you think It s called quot Windows quot and can t function within a window I was told by some others that I should check the quot Services quot and more specifically Workstation Server TCP IP Netbios helper Computer Browser Now of those four two of them had not been started Workstation and Computer Browser I tried starting these double click them and up will pop a window that allows you to start but each of them came up with an error message Here are those two error messages Computer Browser quot Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot Workstation quot Could not start the Workstation Service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found quot If anybody knows anything about these errors and how to fix them let mek now So that s it That s my experience so far As you can see I m neck deep in it and nothing would make me happier than finally figuring it out after months Chris nbsp

A:Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers

You need to look at the dependency list for each service. In the case of Computer Browser, it's Workstation and Server.

Since Workstation is failing, that's probably the place to start.

Do you have WKSSVC.DLL in C:\Windows\system32? That's the workstation service, and it appears to be the missing module. I'd first try copying that from the installation disk, if it's missing, and then register it too by:

Start, Run, regsvr32 wkssvc.dll

If you can't find the DLL, you can run sfc /scannow to restore missing files.

A shortcut may be to download the file from DLL Dump and register it as described above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-my-network-places-refusing-to-show-network-computers.536504/
Relevancy 106.64%

After Avast did a full scan it listed some files it could not find. They were in the /appdata/local/opera mail/opera mail folder/ So I went to check and found 2 identical "Local" folders. I have a full backup copy of the hard drive which is only a month old and it has only 1 local folder. The only difference between is the addition of the Opera standalone mail program. Everything seems to work OK and no error messages except for the one from Avast. I did scan the files it could not scan and found no problems. Can anyone explain this to me?
Michael

A:Duplicate "local" folder in "AppData"

Please post a screenshot that shows the problem:
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312010-duplicate-local-folder-appdata.html
Relevancy 106.64%

I left clicked on Local Disk C when I opened "My Computer" and for a reason that I can't understand, I got the message: POWERPOINT VIEWER CAN'T FIND THE FILE. This is the first time that I left clicked on the Local Disk Icon and it seems that it tried to open Powerpoint. I tried with the other icons inside MY COMPUTER and the same thing hapenned: it attempts to open Powerpoint Viewer. I don't remember having this problem before and don't know how to fix the problem. I made a search and found that my C drive has the following:
C:\Program Files Powerpoint Viewer
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office
C:\Documents and Settings\all Users\Start Menu

I have Office 2003 Any suggestions as to what is happening and how to fix this problem?
Thanks, Metuquita...... Pls respond to my email address!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-c-local-drive-on-my-computer.608250/
Relevancy 106.64%

Newbie here. I have searched around for a while but have not found a post with my exact situation.

I just installed a new Seagate Momentus 500gb (7200rpm) SATA drive in my Lenovo X61 laptop and have been working on a installation of Windows7 Ultimate.

Not realizing this was an upgrade install disk, I tried to install Win7. I didn't know about the clean install method, so I started over with an installation of WinXP (slipstreamed to deal with the SATA drive).

Next, I ran the Custom Installation upgrade to Win7.

So far, it seems to be working ok.

However, the Local Drive is D: instead of C:. The System Reserved drive in labeled C:. Should I be concerned? Should/Can I change this?

Attached are screenshots of Disk Management and explorer window.

Thank you for any info.
-Nate

A:"System Reserved (C:)" and "Local Disk (D:)" ??

Try removing the System Reserved drive letter in Disk Management to see if Win7 claims C instead. It sometimes works.

There is no reason you can't operate with Win7 as D even though it is meant to always assume the C letter unless it's installer is run from another OS.

But if you do I would not allow a drive letter for SysReserved as programs can write to and corrupt it, especially the ability to make Win7 backup images.

Now that you know you can clean install Win7 without needing XP on the HD, I would strongly consider booting the installer to do a Custom install, choose Drive Options to Delete all partitions, Create new as you wish, then Format before installing to first partition after SysReserved it will create for you. The installer will see an OS at boot to allow use of Upgrade version key upfront during install.

Here are tips to get a perfect reinstall - use the ones which apply: Clean Reinstall steps

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/179878-system-reserved-c-local-disk-d.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Hello All Background info W k server domain logon script mapping the quot Y quot drive to a shared folder on the server workstation is XP Network Drive "My Solved: Documents" opening Pro SP I have a user just one on a computer again just one where when she logs in and double clicks on her quot Y quot drive it opens a new window with her My Documents folder This is NOT Solved: Network Drive opening "My Documents" where this drive is supposed to go If you right-click the first option is quot AutoPlay quot second is quot OOOO quot and third is quot XXXX quot When she logs on to a different computer her quot Y quot drive opens correctly When another user logs on to her computer Solved: Network Drive opening "My Documents" they quot Y quot drive maps and opens correctly She can manually navigate to the correct folder in the Address bar of Explorer I googled the topic and the few replies it returned said that there was an issue with the registry and to search AutoPlay and delete the keys with quot OOOO quot and quot XXXX quot as the entries but there are none Antivirus is up to date and a scan was run today I ve deleted the drive and re-mapped it no change I m out of ideas Please shoot any you ve got this way Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 106.64%

Got my computer back today Windows XP and my background is now all green with a black box in the middle saying quot Your System Is Infected etc quot Also a red circle with a white X in the task bar I can't open the task manager Can Anyone Help Downloaded HiJackThis My log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan "Internet Security System virus/malware "Your Infected" problem Background 2010" + Is saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system dlcqcoms exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcqmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system winupdate exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MP Player mp Player exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files InternetSecurity IS exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Intern... Read more

A:"Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I'm afraid HijackThis no longer provides the information we require.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, as far as they possibly can, before posting for assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

If you have problems with any of the steps, simply move on to the next one and make a note of the problem in your reply.

Please note that the Security Forum is always busy, so I would ask for your patience while waiting for a reply - it may take a few days.

This thread will now be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/your-system-is-infected-background-internet-security-2010-virus-malware-problem-445923.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Got my computer back today "Your Security + Infected" "Internet 2010" problem System Is virus/malware Background Windows XP and my background is now all green with a black box in the middle saying quot Your System Is Infected etc quot Also a red circle with a white X in the task bar I can t open the task manager Can Anyone Help Downloaded HiJackThis My log "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem AM on Platform Windows XP "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system dlcqcoms exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcqmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system winupdate exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MP Player mp Player exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files InternetSecurity IS exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Inte... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-system-is-infected-background-internet-security-2010-virus-malware-problem.889124/
Relevancy 106.33%

This began after dumbly going to some non-commercial website NAV auto-protect did initially detect Internet Alert" popup activity", IE "Security crash after "Insecure Center an infection but indicated it could not quarantine or delete Now when launching IE it attempts to redirect to a fake virus software website When I choose the quot not recommended quot link IE crashes shortly afterward Also I get a fake quot Security Center Alert quot popup every few minutes I stupidly clicked on the link to update the security center With System Restore deactivated I have run all updated full scans in safe mode NAV Ad-aware Spybot SpySweeper Avira and CCleaner Then I found this website and learned I should have waited to do this Spybot found a couple of registry entries but that was the only detection made by any of the programs other than NAV's initial auto-protect IE crash after "Insecure Internet activity", "Security Center Alert" popup message File gmer txt is attached dds txt DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Mike at on Sat Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM StacSV exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager Docmgr bin WavXDocMgr exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Lightroom apdproxy exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Documents and Settings Mike Application Data Google kjzna exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Microsoft Reference Bookshelf qshelf exe C Program Files Handspring HOTSYNC EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings Mike Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uDefault Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd mDefault Page URL hxxp www dell com mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com i... Read more

A:IE crash after "Insecure Internet activity", "Security Center Alert" popup

Before any work can be done on this machine, there is something that requires your immediate intervention.

This machine is messed up pretty badly because you have several anti-virus programs on your machine. That's not a good idea!!

Alike firewalls, anti-virus programs have conflicts co-existing with each other & produces undesirable results. Please uninstall ALL leaving only one of them.

ALL the antivirus programs must be removed via add/remove program.
For any program that doesn't have an add/remove entry, you will have to do this:re-install the program -> reboot -> uninstallPost a fresh logs when you have completed the above task.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ie-crash-after-insecure-internet-activity-security-center-alert-popup-320841.html
Relevancy 106.33%

I have searched to see if this was asked before without any success. Maybe someone has run into this problem before.
When I open "my computer" or "control panel" after I close it...it automatically goes into Internet Explorer as a blank page. Most of the time, when I close the IE blank page...it stops responding and I have the control-alt-delete to "end the program"
Thanks in advance for any help.

A:closing "my computer" or "Control Panel" open internet explorer window

Possibly malware - anything openning ie on its own raises an alarm in my books. Post a HJT log to the malware removal section of the forum and let the experts take a look at it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-my-computer-or-control-panel-open-internet-explorer-window.658783/
Relevancy 106.33%

Hi everybody I suddenly lost the ability to connect to the internet through cable I think it is related to the security update addressing a vulnerability in kerberus http support microsoft com kb I have no idea what it does but I m reasonably sure that it happened just after the update The network connection keeps cycling between quot identifying quot and quot network cable unplugged quot every - seconds I m running windows on an older lenovo laptop and I ve tried rebooting system restore reinstalling the drivers removing lenovo s connectivity program uninstalling the security update manually but all to no avail A thread with a similar problem led me to try changing the quot link speed and duplex quot from quot auto negotiation quot to quot mbps full duplex quot under the advanced tab of the network connection properties this gives me a network connection but no internet access Connecting the cable through the side of the computer changes nothing compared to connection through the docking station I can access the internet just fine through wifi Any ideas Any help will be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Mysterious "Identifying"/"cable unplugged" cycle Internet connection problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mysterious-identifying-cable-unplugged-cycle-internet-connection-problem.1137775/
Relevancy 106.02%

The control panel opens fine. I can access all items in the control panel
except "Network and sharing center" and the "User accounts" (I can't access this sections via the taskbar either).

What happens when I open one of the two items is I get a popup saying the
following; WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING.

I used to be able to access these items. And one day, I just coulodn't anymore...

Anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks.

I'm using Vista Ultimate x64

A:Can't access "Network and Sharing Center" nor "User Accounts"

Hello Newbie,

See if running a sfc /scannow can find and fix bad system files that may be responsible for this.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/187690-cant-access-network-sharing-center-nor-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 106.02%

i don't know if i am missing something or it is a bug on w10.
i click "add new bluetooth device" and then i can pair a lumia, ok. i can see my phone in "join personal area network" window.
if i try to pair the phone from "join personal area network" window i can see it in bluetooth devices list but not in "join personal area network" window.
so... it is a bug?! did i make anything wrong?! what is the difference between "add new bluetooth device" and "join personal area network" on w10?! what is "join personal area network" used for?!
thanks

A:"add new bluetooth device" vs "join personal area network"

Most likely a bug with your Windows phone, not Windows 10. Microsoft is not supporting the Lumia line that well. It does help when you ask for help, that you also post the model of the phone, what OS version it is running, along with screenshots or logs of what is wrong.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39561-add-new-bluetooth-device-vs-join-personal-area-network.html
Relevancy 106.02%

Srry i know this post is a bit old but i recently just got this problem i can access the internet fine but i cant access my network settings, user settings, or see the the properties of my pc. i tried running your solution Brink but the scannow showed

"Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow
Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.
C:\Windows\system32>"

i then ran sfc /verifyonly but got the same answer.

i then ran findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt. and the txt file came up blank.

idk wat to do rite now i am at my witts end.

A:Can't access "Network and Sharing Center" nor "User Accounts"

Hello Jayrrus, and welcome to Vista Forums.

I would recommend that you use Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper to scan your system with at boot to help make sure that your system is malware free first.

Afterwards, you might see if you may be able to do a system restore at boot using a restore point dated before you had these issues to see if that may be able to fix them.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292657-cant-access-network-sharing-center-nor-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 106.02%

Hi, when I type in my address in I.E./Windows Explorer I can see the folder that I shared on the lan but I also get two extra folders "Printers and Faxes" and "Scheduled Tasks". How do I get rid of them?

Also, is it possible to limit users to download 1 file at a time from me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-scheduled-tasks-and-printers-and-faxes-from-network.104763/
Relevancy 106.02%

When I use the netsh command to set and start the "Hosted Network", I can set the settings fine, but starting the hosted network yields "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.". I have already tried the fix where you enable the "Virtual Adapter" device in device manager, but it did not change anything.
On the flip side, using the "Mobile Hotspot" option inside of the settings starts fine and works correctly.
I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 Anniversary Edition (build 14393) on a Dell Inspiron 7558. The wireless networking card is dual-band 802.11ac.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/443964-why-does-mobile-hotspot-work-but-not-netsh-hosted-network.html
Relevancy 106.02%

I added a "Network Place" to my (web site hosting) web drive.

I logged in once and now it saved the credentials. So now I access my web site folders through the icon that was created in Network Places.

So is this secure? Can someone use my profile (or my computer) to find my username/password? Is it at least encrypted? Where is it stored? The registry?

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-saved-network-places-secure.887060/
Relevancy 106.02%

How do I get Win 2k to not display the "My Network Places" Icon? I"m not on a network.
Thanks,
Neuronjockey

A:Rid desktop of "My Network Places" icon?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...serv/reskit/prork/prde_ffs_isnq.mspx?mfr=true

Its a little ways on the page. Youre removing from the dektop right? I think you can just delete that and it wont cause problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rid-desktop-of-my-network-places-icon.501017/
Relevancy 106.02%

Hey fellas Recently I adopted a strange problem in Vista x I have a home Vista places Does not "Network" Anything...? Display network which works fine Just recently something strange started happening Now when I click on quot network quot from the start bar or anywhere for that matter the window goes blank as if its not even going to the quot network places quot Its hard to describe so I will paste a screen shot Sometimes it works fine When I just boot the computer it works fine then a little while later it just magically stops yet anything connected through the network Vista "Network" places Does not Display Anything...? still technically works like media streaming etc I just no longer can see anything in quot network quot It just seems as if the explorer is not working correctly but I have no idea what could possibly cause this I've tried deleting my network and adapters and re-doing everything including clearing all network info from the registry and it did nothing I thought maybe it was a firewall update so I uninstalled firewall no effect Here's the screenshot Any ideas It doesn't even come up with the green bar along top or the sidebar on the left My shared folders on this PC don't even show Nothing is even displayed in the location bar Its just as if explorer stops displaying the network after the computer has been on for so long If I end task on explorer in task manager and open explorer back up it works again like a reboot Then not after long it goes back to not working Very frustrating cause I often transfer files between systems network locations I've searched all over the net to no avail I appreciate any help

A:Vista "Network" places Does not Display Anything...?

Run SFC see if it fixes anything.

System Files - SFC Command

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/203169-vista-network-places-does-not-display-anything.html
Relevancy 106.02%

Dear all On JAN I installed WinMail on PC more issues) WinMail 2 "Local 64: on Win7 I with Folders"(and ended Laptop running Win following the MORE THAN EXCELLENT Tutorial from this site WinMail worked fine and survived Win updates hardware changes etc during years with help from this forum Few days ago I got a Win start error not recoverable with Restore and I was forced to reinstall Win with the Upgrade type of installation Almost everything worked fine with Win but WinMail on Win7 64: I ended with 2 "Local Folders"(and more issues) WinMail didn t work After searching on this forum and other sources I opted to start all over WinMail on Win7 64: I ended with 2 "Local Folders"(and more issues) again using the updated version of the Tutorial plus the Local Folders of my backup This worked fine some of my custom folders were empty partially empty and I quot solved quot that using the WinMail Import function on my backup files WinMail is working OK now but it ended up with please take in account that my OS is in Spanish so folders files etc names maybe are not exactly as they appear on a English OS Local Folders Local Folders and Local Folders Is it a normal situation If not What to do Several folders with different Imported folders Is it a normal situation If not What to do Recovered files Is it a normal situation If not What to do Empty messages with From Not specified and w o text It is not possible to find the content of this message mixed interpersed with normal messages Is there a way to get rid of the empty messages TYIA for your help Best regards Gaita

A:WinMail on Win7 64: I ended with 2 "Local Folders"(and more issues)

Actually this is an addendum to my original post.
My Yahoo email account get the following error message:
Account: 'xxxxxx', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.ar', Protocol: POP3, Answer from server: '-ERR [SYS/TEMP] problem retrieving message.', Port: 995, Security(SSL): Yes, Server error: 0x800CCC90, Error number: 0x800CCC9

All settings of the email account are as requested and as they were before the Win 7 repair.
Furthermore those settings work OK in another laptop with WinMail on Win 7.

Any help to get this working?

TYIA

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/376098-winmail-win7-64-i-ended-2-local-folders-more-issues.html
Relevancy 105.4%

Running Windows XP SP I recently started getting a message saying quot This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer quot This happens when I try to access any folders I have on the desktop and the main hard drive C Two other hard drives on the PC I can access fine Program shortcuts that are on the desktop or the quicklauch toolbar "This msg on folders. local has Error been Operation cancelled..." also work fine It just seems to be the folders I have run AVG "This Operation has been cancelled..." Error msg on local folders. virus scan AVG Spyware scan Ad-Aware and Spy-bot Search and destroy without much luck I have gone through the steps of the quot Steps Before Posting quot so here is my DSS log results Also attached is the Panda Activescan results Please see what you can find Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Peter on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore is disabled attempting to re-enable success -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup System Drive C has GiB less than free -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM services exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM lsass exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgamsvr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgupsvc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgemc exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM nvsvc exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CIDAEMON EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system EM EXEC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM rundll exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ctfmon exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Peter Desktop dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http ie search msn com SUB RFC srchasst srchasst htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie O - Hosts fark O - Hosts lisp O - Hosts borg O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C Program Files FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - BHO OToolbarHelper Class - EAD A - A ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/this-operation-has-been-cancelled-error-msg-on-local-folders-203073.html
Relevancy 105.4%

TBird has "Local Folders" which a user can set up any way desired; an email can be dragged from the Inbox into a folder for archiving. Can't seem to make this happen in Outlook: there's a Folder button available in the Navigation Pane, but dragging isn't "allowed."

Anyone have a clue? How do Outlook users organize old emails?

A:Outlook equivalent to Thunderbird "Local Folders"?

I use Outlook 2010 and can right click on emails and drag them to wherever i want to copy or move them.

Rt click on Folders also works...

This doesn't work for you?

edit: I'm talking home use. Are you using Outlook in a Business environment?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/221073-outlook-equivalent-thunderbird-local-folders.html
Relevancy 105.09%

Let via "missing" in through "explorer" Folders but software. not s say I have a folder in my Documents Folders "missing" in "explorer" but not through via software. somewhere called quot thisisit quot Within quot thisisit quot folder I have other folders each named for a student in my class When I go to Start gt Documents and navigate to quot thisisit quot I don t see any folders but I do Folders "missing" in "explorer" but not through via software. see all the files from all the folders It s as if my computer took all the files from the folders removed them from the folders and copied them into the parent folder quot thisisit quot and then deleted all the subfolders named after the students However if I navigate to that same quot thisisit quot folder through a software like Photoshop or ds Max I DO see all of the subfolders which are named after the students This just happened in a moment As in I was navigating through the folders one moment then I went to the parent folder a second later and voila no subfolders Anyone know what happened nbsp

A:Folders "missing" in "explorer" but not through via software.

When I go to Start > Documents and navigate to "thisisit", I don't see any folders, but I do see all the files from all the folders.Click to expand...

Look at the top right of the Windows Explorer window. If you see "Arrange by: Folder <down arrow>" I don't know what's wrong. If the window is arranged any other way, change it back to "Folder."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folders-missing-in-explorer-but-not-through-via-software.1049189/
Relevancy 105.09%

Whenever I perform a "Save As..." or a "Save File" (e.g. with an email attachment), the pop-up save menu always defaults to NOT displaying the navigation pane(s) showing the existing folders/files in the target folder - see thumbnail below left.

To view the folder tree and folder/file list (see thumbnail below right), you have to click on the "Browse Folders" button at the bottom left.

Is there a registry hack or other setting that will reverse this setting for me?

P.S. This problem appears to occur when the application uses the standard Win7 explorer for the save - when using Photoshop, for example, it happily displays the folders and images etc.

A:How to default to "Browse Folders" on "Save as.."

Which version of Internet Explorer do you have? Is it 8, 9, or 10? I only have 8 and I didn't see any way of changing this in there and mine does not do what yours does, so I'm thinking that you have either 9 or 10. If you do, then I will install the version you have and take a look.

You see, this kind of thing can be changed in other browsers like Firefox, and it has been possible for as long as I can remember (several years).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296021-how-default-browse-folders-save.html
Relevancy 105.09%

Apologize in advance for what surely has been asked and answered before, but a quick search of this forum did not give me what I am looking for.

On my desktop are two folders, labeled images and styles, that I do not need to see. What setting must I change to make them disappear from the desktop (without impacting the functioning and appearance of my Windows installation?)

The content of styles is a file named lame.css and a sub-folder CVS with 7 files in it; the content of images is one .gif and two .png files and a sub-folder CVS with 7 files in it.

A:Get rid of "images", "styles" folders on desktop

Right click on them and check Hide.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353231-get-rid-images-styles-folders-desktop.html
Relevancy 105.09%

My Windows folder has suddenly bloated by nearly 500 mb.

I find that a folder "Assembly" added 200 mb under "native Images" last week.

what is the function of these folders/files.

can they be simply removed?

thanks

OS is win Xp

A:folders "Assembly" and "native Images"

The 'assembly' folder is for .net framework, as is the Native Images.
Assembly Cache Viewer (Shfusion.dll)

From MSDN; "Native Image Cache is a special area in GAC (Global Assembly Cache)".

It would say it would be a bad idea to move the folder. You may have had a .Net Framework update

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/folders-assembly-and-native-images-711865.html
Relevancy 105.09%

Hi! I have XP and a question. In Favorites, the icons that are next to the names, have all switched from their original icon pictures, to either the icon for IE, or to a plain Folder. I did not change these and liked it when I could easily distinguish each item (link...whatever they are called), by its icon. Now they all look the same, more or less. Can anybody tell me why this icon switch occured? And more importantly, how to get these icons back to how they looked before, with the individual icons? And...how to get them to stay that way and not be changed again. Thank you...sure don't know how I managed to do this one... ...your help is very appreciated!! parrotplay

A:Why did my XP "Favorites" icons change to "IE" & Folders?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-did-my-xp-favorites-icons-change-to-ie-folders.223401/