Windows Support Forum

Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread

Q: Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread

Hello I m new here I been trying to fix this for quite a while and I basically ran out of ideas So I am hoping you guys might have a fix for me The problem I have is this computer here is experiencing really slow internet speeds about - Kilobits Sec while all other computers in my house is Internet New Thread Help Start Couldn't Issue Speed getting - kilobits Sec My ISP is comcast mbps we have IP s available Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread I am getting one IP and am not running behind a router Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread the other ip is to the router and splitting to everybody else Heres a few things I done so far I rebooted in safemode and done adaware scan full system I ran hijackthis and norton AV All clear I adjusted my TCP IP settings to MaxMTU TCPRwin TTL MTU Discovery Yes Black Hole Detect No Selective ACKs Yes Max Duplicate ACKs Windows Scaling Enabled I uninstalled all protocols not in use Such as QOS packet scheduler Disabled and uninstalled I updated Modem drivers and NIC drivers I Tried to test it with no firewall I tried connecting to the router that every other computer was on I tried plugging cable modem directly to my computer with no other users sharing I am sure there is no spyware Malware Virus in my computer I ran netstat in MS-DOS prompt to see if there was anything that might be using my bandwidth nothing there I have no idea what is going on Computer Specs MotherBoard A V X-LA Athlon XP Windows XP Ghz Mhz FSB degrees C Gig RAM DDR GB Harddrive GB Free Network Card Via Rhine II VT Driver Ver Internet Browser Internet Explorer Tried FireFOX too Please help me nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread

I don't have any idea why you couldn't start a new thread, just click on the New Thread at the top left of the page. I've moved your post to a new thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-internet-speed-issue-couldnt-start-new-thread.692534/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi Having just spent the last weeks in daily contact with BT Business Broadband advanced diagnostics team they have come back to us and said they cannot solve our problem and they are out of ideas Thus we have come here as a last resort before attempting a move to another service provider despite many we have contacted saying that the situation would probably fix BT couldn't... to very person clever internet speed, Need not improve The Problem Our internet connection is appalling slow We are using adsl max mb connection with BT telling Need very clever person to fix internet speed, BT couldn't... us our line can handle mb sec Firstly I want to say that the BT engineers believe it highly doubtful that it is a contention problem despite the following symptoms am- am gt Quite fast Download - - kb s Upload - kb s am- pm gt Insanely slow D l - - kb s Upload - kb s Upload often higher than download pm- pm gt Average d l - - kb s Upload - kb s BT technician believed we should be getting - at the least Our Set-Up x dedicated internet line x router x computers w wireless adapters One computer is connected to the router through ethernet the others are connected through wireless We have replaced the router and all the cables once to ensure that the components are not a problem The only computers which are run on the computers are Outlook Word Excel AVG Anti-virus software Web-browser Both IE explorer and Mozilla Newsletter manager even when this is not running there is no differance to speed What we have tried so far - Replacing the router - Having bt engineers come out to check our lines both said they were fine - Anti-virus and mal-ware checks on all PCs nothing found - Completed numerous ip checks through the cmd program also done numerous router checks - Had BT engineers log onto our systems to check for problems including ensuring there is no download limit - Had BT advanced software support spend a lot of time on our computers Can anyone help find a solution to our slow internet Our outlook is almost impossible to use Outlook takes minutes to upload mail every time you click on an exchange box web-browsers take up to sec to load web pages such as www google com and www bbc co uk The slow outlook is our biggest problem the average time to click an inbox wait for newest mail to download and for systems to sync up i e flags categories calenders and contacts select one of the new emails and then open a new mail to respond is - minutes during the day opposed to - sec or so very early in the morning It is not a CPU problem one of the computers has a brand new clean Vista OS install quad core processor and gb of ddr ram and every other program works very quick nbsp

A:Need very clever person to fix internet speed, BT couldn't...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-very-clever-person-to-fix-internet-speed-bt-couldnt.648065/
Relevancy 65.79%

It's really starting to bother me, but when i hover my mouse over the "show desktop" button in the bottom right of windows 7, it takes a few seconds to show the desktop, whereas my previous pc did it instantanious when hovered over, is there a way to change this?

A:Couldn't find a thread about this, need help

See whether it fixes itself by turning the aero peek off (apply) and then on again.
Use Option 3 - that worked for me. Aero Peek - Turn On or Off

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/317989-couldnt-find-thread-about-need-help.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I got a pop up website for Women s Health magazine When I tried to close it it gave me one of those must reply pop ups WAIT Don t You Want This Amazing Offer type thing to an PUP.Optional.DefaultTab.A this) thread reply about (couldn't existing Malware Bytes found instances of PUP Optional DefaultTab A This is on an HP computer running PUP.Optional.DefaultTab.A (couldn't reply to an existing thread about this) Windows Thanks PUP.Optional.DefaultTab.A (couldn't reply to an existing thread about this) for any help TGS SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION AC Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled Hijack This Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Samsung Kies Kies exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies External FirmwareUpdate KiesPDLR exe C Program Files x Southwest Airlines Ding Ding exe C Program Files x TWC DigiDo TrayApp exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x TWC DigiDo DigiDo exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Users kathy Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Network Check Helper - E FD -C BA- DCB- F - BD ADE - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework Resources HPNetworkCheck HPNetworkCheckPlugin dll O - Toolbar no name - ae b- d - a -af - ea e - no file O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run ASUSWebStorage C Program Files x ASUS WebStorage Sync Agent AsusWSPanel exe S O - HKLM Run DigiDo quot C Program Files x TWC DigiDo TrayApp exe quot startup O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run KiesTrayAgent C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Fi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pup-optional-defaulttab-a-couldnt-reply-to-an-existing-thread-about-this.1109322/
Relevancy 64.07%

I was working on this but couldn't do the last step as the virus had taken over the computer. It will take it over for days.... Can anyone help me? This is the address from before! I tried to give feedback but the virus is very controlling at times :( Thanks! Kim

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...ml#post1706289

A:Need help with virus- they closed thread- I couldn't get online to post!

Hello, AnimalRescue
Since this issue appears resolved, this topic will now be closed. If you need continued support, please begin a new thread, and provide a link to this topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic, after following the steps outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/need-help-with-virus-they-closed-thread-i-couldnt-get-online-to-post-292442.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello, I read the thread about removal of trojan spm/lx with the popups for winantivirus but since several procedures were tried and recommended I couldn't decipher how to proceed from reading the forum thread. I am also infected. Should I do exactly as in the thread of 29 Sept. or were some of those steps ineffective? I am not experienced with hijackthis or reading the logs.

I'm running Norton Internet Security and have webroot spy sweeper installed. Spy sweeper doesn't find the problem. Win XP home, IE browser.

Thanks very much.

Relevancy 58.05%

Ok, I'm stumped by my internet issue. Maybe you can shed some light on it.

Ping is averaging 11000ms, upload 0.01-0.07, download 0.2-0.4
Here's the setup: AT&T modem --> Linksys Router --> 2 simple switches --> computers

What I tried:
1. I plugged in a laptop directly to the modem and speed is back to normal.
2. I swapped out a cat 5 cable between the modem and router and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.
3. I swapped out the router with a new one and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.

So the router is fine. I don't think it's the switches if everything is working fine for a couple minutes. Also, my wireless is fast and then bad again when I tried swapping stuff out.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 58.05%

I'm running a DSL connection from a router to my wireless laptop. Regularly my speeds aren't quite as advertised but I still get 2-4 Mb/s generally. Lately it seems my web browsing has been sluggish and doing a speed test, this is proven.

However, bittorrent downloads go much faster than normal browsing.

Can anyone explain to me why this might be? I thought my slow speed could be due to my latency, but that doesn't explain to me why bittorrent is so much faster!

Relevancy 58.05%

Okay here s a real head-scratch-er About days ago I started noticing some serious speed issues with web browsing while using my wireless router Every once in a while I will notice little differences during what may be peak hours and whatnot Internet issue Serious speed but this is far worse I decided to do a speed and ping test and I got an F on my network that Serious Internet speed issue normally receives a low A or high B I ran a gamut of spyware tests and I am clear there Anyway the real thing that is confusing me is I attempted to connect via a hardline the cable I use to connect to my wireless router so I at least Serious Internet speed issue know it s functional but the network was unidentifiable and I could not get an internet connection but when I reconnected my wireless router and let everything restart I was able to connect wirelessly using the same modem that would not connect me through an ethernet cable I have a Belkin n wireless router and I would appreciate any help available Thanks nbsp

A:Serious Internet speed issue

Are you remembering to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) the modem when switching the device connected to it?

What download/upload do you get with a connection directly to the modem with Speedtest.net? With an ethernet connection to the router? With a wireless connection to the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-internet-speed-issue.1045478/
Relevancy 58.05%

Welcome and well met Here s my computer laptop specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Speed issue Internet Processor L AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire Antivirus None I have internet service from excede by wildblue satellite with a cable modem It s supposed to be up to Mbps Average I m getting is around - Mbps according to speedtest net The site also says I m accessing the net from Stanton MI I happen to live just north of Chicago IL Share the internet with my sister who has an older desktop with Windows Internet Speed issue XP on it Last weekend I bought a new router from MicroCenter A Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Gigabit WNDR v Both my laptop and my sister s desktop are plugged in Internet Speed issue to it Hasn t helped from what I can see I use IE for my browser I ve tried Firefox and Chrome and didn t find either of them any faster than this Can anyone tell me why my speed is so bad Is it my desktop Maybe my cat e cable is old My biggest gripe right now is that watching videos STINKS online Also I enjoy playing certain Facebook games like Journeys of Jesus and Disney Ghost of Mystwood They re horribly slow to load Can anyone offer me any suggestions of what could be causing the slow-down Thank you nbsp

A:Internet Speed issue

That is not a bad speed at all. The advertized speed is the maximum, rarely achieved in real situations. The location of your internet connection is where WildBlue's servers connect you to the internet.

Not sure what to say about your video problem except that when I had a 2 mbps connection, I watched YouTube without many delays. A lower quality feed may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-issue.1089717/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey guys Recently my internet has been extremely slow but only on my computer I built the current PC I am using and I also built Internet Speed Issue Download my previous one which my little Internet Download Speed Issue brother uses His download speed is fine average at mb s my partners laptop download speed is averaging at mb s thats with a bar signal as well yet my download speed is this http www speedtest net result png That's the thing I don't get my PC is a lot more powerful than my previous one as well I have ran Virus scans though AVG Disk Clean ups Defrags Malwarebytes scans for Malware yet that doesn't seem to help at all although I got rid of Malware issues which was good I have re-installed and updated my Ethernet drivers and that also hasn't done a thing I have had a look on Google went through a lot of forums and tried out different approaches to this without success so any help would be extremely appreciated I am connecting with a Network cable via a Netgear Wireless N Modem Router - Model DGN I have tried running safe mode and the internet speed is still the same I replaced my cable with a new CAT Cable and also tried switching ports on the router which also didn't work Last night I disabled my windows firewall and my antivirus and then ran speedtest and the speed got up to a maximum of mb s which is a big change from mb s This didnt last long though but it did stay the same after I turned everything back on I used to use AVG but deleted that and installed MSE once I scanned with that I found a Java exploit virus and a virtool win obfuscator xz virus I removed the Java exploit but failed to remove the virtool win obfuscator xz I decided I would try and get rid of its origin some game ISO's I had which are now deleted But I think this virus is still lingering and messing with my computer I dont know if it is directly causing issues with my internet but the speed of my internet feels like its slowly degrading everyday I have been through some other forums about this virus and I tried to follow the great advice of Jacee but I cant download any of the tools to do the job that she is asking I am almost at the point of re-installing Windows as this getting extremely frustrating All your help will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your replys

A:Internet Download Speed Issue

Hi NomadAU, welcome to Seven Forums.

I recently had similar problems with my Netgear DGN2000. It would download on my wired desktop pc at a snails pace. On my laptop, speed was excellent. When I wired my laptop to my router it would load my home page only and gave No Internet connection. If I moved the ethernet cable to any other ports on the router to my desktop pc it would give No Internet connection.
Removing all connection related settings from both pc's and resetting router to factory default did nothing to improve anything. So I bought a Netgear DGN2200v3, now normal service resumed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288289-internet-download-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I hate to bring this up as I am not shure if it is a site problem, or my slow internet speed.

Often when viewing a forum page here the page [freezes] if I take too long reading or composing a reply or post.
The navigation links quit working and I have to refresh the page to get going again. More of a nuisance really than a real problem.
Sometimes even the post/reply button does not work and when I refresh the page before posting I loose the post and have to rewrite it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590666/site-issue-or-my-slow-internet-speed/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I just recently last week built a computer I am currently using a year ish old Belkin N wireless adapter as my motherboard does not have built in wifi My download speed is significantly slower than my girlfriend s laptop and sometimes ping tests show up to - packet loss it s kind of off and on seemingly random I ve tried fixing the issue on my own to no avail I m really far away from the router but I don t think it s an issue because it consistently says I have - bars My next step is to purchase a new adapter this one seems pretty cheap It may also be an issue with an quot network icontrol quot feature on my motherboard I m gonna go through this thread and throw all the information from ipconfig and ping tests in here I would really appreciate any help at all I m not very good with networking at all thank you Edit Router serial number is a c b and the modem s n is ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name Reina Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List neo rr com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix neo rr com Description Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor Physical Address issue loss Internet speed/packet - - B- C-F -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c dea f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Internet speed/packet loss issue Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE- - F- - - B- C-F -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap neo rr com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Internet speed/packet loss issue No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B FCA- - B- FB- E DD D DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- C Users Greg gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round Internet speed/packet loss issue trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Greg gt ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Greg gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It seems to be cooperating at the moment though if I encounter issues I will post the results of all these tests again Thank you guys for any help at all nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

nbsp Brand new TC- nbsp Windows Pre installed nbsp Internet connection should be up to mb s and am only getting just under sec nbsp Internet provider came out to check modem I'm on a wired connection btw nbsp Their laptop connected at mb s but the PC still only showed at it's best testing nbsp They had no solution and my window to return is up in the next couple days Is this a Windows issue that can be easily remedied or are there issues - Horrible Internet speed Win10 ATC-710-ES61 issue... with the netword card adaptor what is ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue... it called nbsp nbsp I am going to get the owner my dad in another city to turn off auto update uninstall mcafee bloat and try the speed test on chrome and firefox to ensure it is not Windows Edge for whatever reason nbsp Any other owners with this issue or can anyone suggest a fix or a way to test his modem network adaptor sorry I'm not sure what it's called nbsp Also regarding the modem adaptor - what does this PC come with - I want him to ensure it's driver firmware or whatever is up todate and not the cause nbsp His old computer was a Windows Vista relic but the speed was always near it's max so this thing with all it's power etc is no good for him like this Thanks nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue...

ok, let's wait an answer about the Realtek driver.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/ATC-710-ES61-Horrible-Internet-speed-Win10-issue-or-Network/td-p/428001/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.9%

nbsp Brand new TC- nbsp Windows Pre installed nbsp Internet connection should be up to mb s and am only getting just under sec nbsp Internet provider came out to check modem I'm on a wired connection btw nbsp Win10 Internet Horrible - issue... ATC-710-ES61 speed Their laptop connected at mb s but the PC still only showed at it's best testing nbsp They had no solution and my window to return is up in the next couple days Is this a Windows issue that can be easily remedied or are there issues with the netword card adaptor what is it called nbsp nbsp I am going to get the owner my dad ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue... in another city to turn off auto update uninstall mcafee bloat and try the speed test on chrome and firefox to ensure it is not Windows Edge for whatever reason nbsp Any other owners with this issue or can anyone suggest a fix or a way to test his modem network adaptor sorry ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue... I'm not sure what it's called nbsp Also regarding the modem adaptor - what does this PC come with - I want him to ensure it's driver firmware or whatever is up todate and not the cause nbsp His old computer was a Windows Vista relic but ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue... the speed was always near it's max so this thing with all it's power etc is no good for him like this Thanks nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue...

ok, let's wait an answer about the Realtek driver.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/ATC-710-ES61-Horrible-Internet-speed-Win10-issue-or-Network/m-p/428001
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Today my internet speed had slowed down and i received a Speed Server slowed Shutdown down! has Internet issue DCOM + DCOM Server Process Launcher shutdown message My connection gives me KB s but today i was only getting KB s I called my ISP they told me to run a few commands including quot netstat -n Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue quot and they said that Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue my computer was infected with malware And my computer has become quite slow I tried running GMER i got BSOD HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Online Armor OAcat exe D Program Files Online Armor oasrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system ASTSRV EXE D Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system dgdersvc exe D Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C WINDOWS system FsUsbExService Exe D PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIHInst exe D PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIHSC EXE D Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe D Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe D Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exe C WINDOWS system NLSSRV EXE C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe D Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe d Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe D Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe D Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE D Program Files Online Armor OAui exe D Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe D Program Files TortoiseHg TortoiseHgOverlayServer exe D Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe D Program Files Taskbar Shuffle taskbarshuffle exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Online Armor OAhlp exe D Program Files GreedyTorrent GTor exe D Program Files Codebox BitMeter BitMeter exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE D Program Files Logitech SetPointG SetPointII exe D PROGRAM FILES ATHAN ATHAN EXE D Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settin... Read more

A:Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue

Hiya

Sorry for the lateness in a reply, but these forums are very busy

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you rescan with the DDS and HijackThis and post the fresh logs

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-has-slowed-down-dcom-server-shutdown-issue.946204/
Relevancy 54.18%

What recommendations to you guys have to speeding up your PC through software? Which programs do the job, and which ones are the ones to avoid? post your opinions here.

I'll start by recommending against any program that says something along the lines of "free RAM up to speed up your PC". These cause more damage than good.

A:Tools to speed up your PC (advice thread)

remove nortons!!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tools-to-speed-up-your-pc-advice-thread.39728/
Relevancy 53.32%

I was not able to start my laptop as it was showing only the first screen that is only hp logo, then it restarts and comes to the same point.Please help le on this issue on how to overcome . Do i need to go for reinstall of os.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Couldn-t-able-to-start-my-laptop/td-p/5733258
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

Could you place help me with this. My window suddenly failed to start and showed the message: " An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data." I tried to use the function "Repair your computer" in my installation disc but it failed too.

I tried Startup Repair, System Restore, System Image Recovery but none of them could fix it. I'm in miserable now and can't do any work without my lap.

Please help me

A:Window couldn't start

Hi.

Besides this message, did you get anything else, something like this:

File: \Boot\BCD
An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data
Did you try with 'Last Known Good Configuration'?

When you start your laptop, try to tap F8 when lap starts booting, until you see the Windows boot menu and then select Use last known good configuration.
If Windows has worked before, then you might have a chance that this works.

Second, you might be able to check in BIOS is the HDD visible.

If there is a HDD, you might try to repair Windows BDC:

Fix Windows BDC - Step 6

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358641-window-couldnt-start.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys,

I am installing Windows 10 on Lenovo T400 Laptop and getting this error We couldn?t find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load Driver.

How to fix it ?

Regards.

A:Installation issue We couldn’t find any drives

Originally Posted by jk22

Hey guys,

I am installing Windows 10 on Lenovo T400 Laptop and getting this error We couldn?t find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load Driver.

How to fix it ?

Regards.

From that screen what do you get if you press Shift + F10 to get a command prompt and then type diskpart <enter>, list disk <enter>?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/41290-installation-issue-we-couldn-t-find-any-drives.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I don t know if I m posting this in the right thread so sorry if I m not My operating system is Windows XP Okay when I started my computer this morning it was stuck on the start up screen where it says windows like it kept showing the bars moving for like a long time So I just turned it off by pressing the power button wrong help computer about I start. CHDKDSK? get please.... Something even couldn't to my I know Then I turned it back on and it went to a black screen giving me the options to run it in safe mode start it from the last known date it was working or start it normally I tried all of them And at first they didnt work Then I did the last known date and after over minutes it took me to a blue screen and said Cheking C files And something about NTFS and CHKDSK and started listing record segments and saying they were unreadable Then after an hour I couldn't even get my computer to start. Something about CHDKDSK? help please.... or so it said it was deleting certain files and restoring them After it did that I tried to sign onto AOL to I could come here but AOL said my firewall was blocking me So I disabled them and uninstalled AVG trial version Still didnt work I had to create a whole new location Now I m on my DxDiag and it popped up a balloon saying C Windows system dmscript dll corrupt and unreadable run the CHKDSK utility What is that Has a virus or something deleted those files Last time I deleted any files I rebooted and my computer ran just fine If you want me to post the DXDiag I will Oh and now when I restart my computer it runs very SLOW on the start up screen Sara nbsp

A:I couldn't even get my computer to start. Something about CHDKDSK? help please....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-couldnt-even-get-my-computer-to-start-something-about-chdkdsk-help-please.466242/
Relevancy 52.89%

hello everybody
  i have tried to make my laptop wifi hotspot. initially i have successfully created a network and unable to connect to wifi causing error obtaining ip address. then i tried resetting wifi adaptor , troubleshooting, and also tried WLAN autoconfig automatic
, i have fingured in network settings and deleted all the networks except LAN and created network for hotspot after that i have merged both virtual hotspot network and LAN network, now i m unable to create a ad hoc network, guys please tell me what should
i do please i need to make my laptop wifi hotspot.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9ddd44d6-75df-40b5-b0ea-9b1a86e03559/windows-couldnt-start-ad-hoc-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi My XP s ie explorer couldn t start it prompted error and I managed to got the log Need helps lt xml version quot quot encoding quot UTF- quot gt lt DATABASE gt lt EXE NAME quot iexplore exe quot FILTER quot GRABMI FILTER PRIVACY quot start, couldn't explorer helps.. My need ie gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot hmmapi dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xD D C quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Microsoft HTTP Mail Simple MAPI quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot HMMAPI DLL quot INTERNAL NAME quot HMMAPI quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation My ie explorer couldn't start, need helps.. All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x F quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iedw exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xF DF quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot IE Crash Detection quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp gdr - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot iedw exe quot INTERNAL NAME quot iedw exe quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iexplore exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xE E quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Explorer quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot IEXPLORE EXE quot INTERNAL NAME quot iexplore quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x C quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot Connection Wizard icwconn dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xDD DAB quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Connection Wizard quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot icwconn dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot icwconn quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x BD quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot Connection Wizard icwconn exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xC B quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Connection Wizard quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft... Read more

A:My ie explorer couldn't start, need helps..

Is this Explorer 6 ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-ie-explorer-couldnt-start-need-helps.725118/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi every body,
i had a vista home premium, without any problem, for a while. yesterday my anti-virus detected a suspicious file located in c:\Users\user\appdata\Local\Temp and i allow it to delete mentioned file. after a restart windows start up couldn't be completely done and instead of log in screen, i faced with a black screen just with mouse enabled on it!! however windows boots in safe mode correctly. i have already tried start up repair but it didn't solve the problem!
could anyone help me to repair it?
Thanks in advance

A:windows start up couldn't be completely done

If you can boot is safe mode, do a system restore. Go back far enough to ensure that is is before the problem began.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/270155-windows-start-up-couldnt-completely-done.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey,

I have tried everything I know or could read to no avail. HP had me clean my ram with a eraser, do a couple of other things, including removing everything on my start-up. They couldn't figure anything out. So I have come to you. Info should be attached below.

As far as I know I havent installed any new hardware. Firefox stopped working when this started and it happened at random intervals. I have also gotten the following error codes from various screens: 0X0000007E, 0X0000001A, 0X0000003B.

Fairly new/decent computer. No previous trouble. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: The HTML Perform file included on zip.

A:BSOD Issue/Info: HP Tech Support couldn't fix

Hi -

Well, they missed quite a bit, I am sorry to say.

The bugchecks -

(7) 0x1a = severe unknown memory management error
(2) 0x7e (0xc0000005,,,) = system thread threw an exception; the exception = 1st parm = 0xc00000005 = a memory access violation

I don't believe it to be RAM at this time because you have several device drivers that badly need to be updated. Any one of these or in combination with another could have caused memory corruption.

Code:

nvraid.sys Wed Jun 06 16:34:01 2007 (46671A39) - NVIDIA nForce RAID
nvstor64.sys Fri Jun 06 22:08:11 2008 (4849ED8B) - NVIDIA nForce Sata Performance Driver
nvmfdx64.sys Wed May 21 13:48:06 2008 (48346056) - NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

netr28x.sys Mon Jun 09 03:36:54 2008 (484CDD96) -
Ralink 802.11n Wireless Driver

atikmdag.sys Wed May 14 22:19:05 2008 (482B9D99) - ATI Video
Realtek HD Audio --> http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/...Level=4&Conn=3

NVIDIA --> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

ATI Video --> http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.HTML

You also have both Avast & AVG running. Remove both as one may have corrupted the other. Download each Removal Tool (RT); save to desktop. Then go to desktop, RIGHT-click on the RT icon and select Run as Administrator. When complete - re-boot. Repeat for the other. Re-boot.

Avast removal --> http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe

AVG --> http://www.avg.com/download-tools

Reset the Windows Firewall to its default settings -
START | type FirewallSettings.exe into the start search box | click on FirewallSettings.exe above | select the Advanced Tab | click on "Restore Defaults" | Click Apply, OK

I would recommend MS Security Essentials --> http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

I think that is enough to keep you occupied for a while!

Please let me know how this all works out. Much appreciated.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 6002.18082.amd64fre.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339
Debug session time: Fri Jan 29 04:53:16.769 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 6 days 11:33:15.469
BugCheck 1A, {4000, fffffa80099db010, 40000, 5ff8b9}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+296b9 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_4000
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Fri Jan 29 05:22:24.734 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:28:17.474
BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa80025b2790, ffff, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1c42e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME: MsMpEng.exe
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Fri Jan 29 05:31:05.622 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:52.664
BugCheck 1A, {4000, fffffa80096dc400, 40000, 5ff8b9}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+296b9 )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Tue Feb 2 11:08:10.005 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 4 days 5:35:32.954
BugCheck 1A, {4000, fffffa800ae0ac00, 40000, 5ff8b9}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( PAGE_NOT_ZERO )
PROCESS_NAME: MsMpEng.exe
Debug session time: Thu Feb 4 04:27:35.255 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:11:31.311
BugCheck 1A, {4000, fffffa800adca7c0, 40000, 5ff8b9}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( PAGE_NOT_ZERO )
PROCESS_NAME: MsMpEng.... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-issue-info-hp-tech-support-couldnt-fix-459579.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all This morning I couldn't click the Start button or anything on the taskbar I found a fix on fix click Couldn't caused problems Start, has other Youtube which was to open an Admin cmd prompt and type Commands to type Command powershell with command and if after pasting you notice a dash or a hyphen after AppXManifest- remove it remove the dash or hyphen after AppXManifest Command Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register quot InstallLocation AppXManifest xml quot span font font color span style font-family Roboto Command Get-AppxPackage Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register quot InstallLocation AppxManifest xml quot -verbose It fixed the problem but now none of the MS apps work nor can I do anything with them or use the Store For example instead of Store I Couldn't click Start, fix has caused other problems now have Microsoft WindowsStore etc span br br span style font-family Roboto Anyone come across anything like this before span br br span style font-family Roboto -Edit span br br span style font-family Roboto Just checked in Add Remove programs and now there are a dozen programs that just say Microsoft Corporation and are marked Unavailable span font blockquote div div div div class cleardiv div div a style text-decoration none color grey href javascript onmousedown if document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'block' else document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' nbsp nbsp My System Specs a You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this OS Windows Pro

A:Couldn't click Start, fix has caused other problems

You'll need to download a Windows ISO and do a repair install. It will keep your programs and files but replace these corrupt store apps.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

It is fairly common problem unfortunately - especially if you try fixing things with powershell

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/40496-couldnt-click-start-fix-has-caused-other-problems.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I had a BSOD yesterday Message is as follows ----------------------------start of BOSD message------------------------- A problem couldn't PC Needed, Advice start now.. BSOD.. has been deteced and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen retart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Disable or unistall any antivirus disk defragmentation Advice Needed, BSOD.. PC couldn't start now.. or backup utilities Check your hard disk Advice Needed, BSOD.. PC couldn't start now.. configuration and check for any updated drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer technical infomation STOP x x FE xF B xF B x Beginning dump of memory Physical memory dump complete contact your technical support for further assistance -----------------End of BOSD------------------ My PC Specification Dell Dimension Pentium CPU GHz GHz MB of RAM Windows XP professional edition The problem I now faced is that my PC couldn t even start now And of the lights on the back of my Deminsion are red whe I turn on my computer All it does now is beeps a bunch of times and windows tries to start up but freezes half way on the screen Also the fan starts going really fast and is very loud The diagnostic light the back of my PC A green B red C red D green Expert advice is greatly appreciated Many thanks nbsp

A:Advice Needed, BSOD.. PC couldn't start now..

go here..this will help you figure it out...they have the lights and beep codes there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-needed-bsod-pc-couldnt-start-now.578411/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi i am having major issues with my system, it first started when i couldn't use basic windows controls like drag & drop, copy & paste and couldn't get the volume to work it wouldn't even let me open the volume controls & now it won't start up and says there is a problem with the partition can anyone please help me.

Relevancy 52.46%

This thing hasn't work for a few months, even after many reboots. When I try to diagnose my Internet connection, I get the message (translated from norwegian):

"An error occurred during error check:

An error prevents the error searching program from starting".

Thus I am never able to diagnose my network problems.

Is there some way I can diagnose this diagnosing error?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-network-diagnosis-couldnt-start.1148699/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me out here.
My system is an HP Pavillion 7935 running Windows XP.
The problem is I am getting just a black screen everytime I boot up with a series of blocks at the bottom of the screen and after a few minutes the following error message appears:

"Windows Could Not Start Because The Following File Is Missing Or Corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original CD-ROM. Select 'R' at the first screen to start repair."

The system did not come with a Windows Setup CD-ROM. I tried to go into Safe Mode with Command Prompt by hitting the F8 key, but a command prompt window does not appear, just a list of a few file names, then the same error message that I stated above appears.

Can anyone help me with this problem?
Thanks in advance for the help.

A:Windows Couldn't Start Because File Is Missing

Have you contacted HP support or searched their website?

Try: http://us-support2.external.hp.com/emse/bin/doc.pl/forward/screen=emseHome/sid=7fdc9f1d1d929de085?

I tried a searched but they lock you out if you don't have an account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-couldnt-start-because-file-is-missing.99732/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi.

Newbie here. My system is badly hit. I couldn't load any anti-v program or anti-spyware. I couldn't install deckard system scanner. The Panda Activscan that you told everyone to do before posting remain at 0% thus I couldn't complete the pre-consultation task. What should I do now?

A:PC Critical condition. Couldn't open anti-v program. Couldn't install dss.exe

Any analyst care to take up my case?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/pc-critical-condition-couldnt-open-anti-v-program-couldnt-install-dss-exe-239198.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Specs:

Sony Vaio VGN-FZ21Z
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7500 @2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~ 2.2GHz
3072MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS

When I start windows my internet doesn't connect straight away. The internet icon stalls on the little blue circle, then I'm left to diagnose the connect every time, which takes a few minutes before I'm connected. The taskbar is also slow to respond.

I did a scan with spybot and picked up spyware that was located in explorer.exe so I thought that might have sorted it, but it didn't. I dunno whether it is a start up program that is affect my network driver.

Here's the log...

Relevancy 51.6%

First I'd like to say I'm sorry if I did anything wrong or am wasting anyone's time but I'm pretty worried I have a Sony vaio bit running windows Yesterday I woke up and my laptop was stuck on a black screen and no matter how many times I tried it would just get past the vaio logo then go to said black screen I can't afford a new laptop anywhere near this quality so I freaked out and went Laptop C and start, then wouldn't drive couldn't I access online trying to figure out what was going on After a while I saw the option to reset windows which I though was the problem but keep all my files in the boot menu so I tried that It Laptop wouldn't start, and then I couldn't access C drive got my laptop to start but that's when I realized just how screwed up it was I could access anything on my desktop but my C drive said it was zero bytes and wouldn't even let me access it I couldn't open the task manager either they both said the path was inaccessible At this point I realized I messed up and probably had a virus so I started looking stuff up in that area I started it in safe mode and I could use the task manager again and I ran rkill and unhide as I saw suggested somewhere After that I noticed a bunch of weird stuff in the base of my C drive so I installed malwarebytes and ran a search but it came up with nothing more than a couple files that had been on the cpu for years and weren't Trojans or anything At this point I was pretty aggravated and felt helpless so I just decided to wipe my whole computer and reset it to factory condition After that finished it started fine and nothing was locked so I reinstalled malwarebytes and ran a search As it was scanning my files my computer that was offline told me I needed to restart and I left that in the background After a while near the end of the scan my laptop just crashed and said it was searching for a problem I could be fine but I'm definitely worried that I still have a virus and don't want to risk putting it online until I'm sure it's safe Thanks anyone who read through all this and now I'll post the log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by I Hate You administrator on VAIO - - Running from C Users I Hate You Desktop Loaded Profiles I Hate You Available Profiles I Hate You Platform Windows X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Qualcomm Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony PlayMemories Home PMBDeviceInfoProvider exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgr exe Atheros C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgrSub exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgrSub exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center NetworkSetting NetworkClient exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe Sony Corporation ... Read more

A:Laptop wouldn't start, and then I couldn't access C drive

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===No walware was found in your logs.Just clean these items.Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. start
CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKU\S-1-5-21-3692547867-3164865180-4134751076-1001\...\MountPoints2: {f43725dd-0ff8-11e6-be73-a41731d2c912} - "E:\VZW_Software_upgrade_assistant_installer.exe"
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope value is missing

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Your version of Java is outdated and needs to be updated to take advantage of fixes that have eliminated security vulnerabilities.You can manually check your present version and update as recommended.https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jspBe careful not to install malware posing as Java update!Important read this blog.http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/malware-poses-as-an-update-for-java-0-day-fix/Quoted from the page."In light of the recent events surrounding Java, users must seriously consider their use of Java. Do they really need it? If yes, make sure that users follow the steps we recommended and get the security update directly from the official oracle website." at:http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.htmlHow to disable Java in your browsershttp://www.infoworld.com/t/web-browsers/how-disable-java-in-your-browsers-210882If still present after the update you can remove the old version(s) of Java via the Control Panel > Programs and Features applet.Java™ 7 Update 5 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F86417005FF}) (Version: 7.0.50 - Oracle)Java™ 7 Update 5 (HKLM-x32\...\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F83217005FF}) (Version: 7.0.50 - Oracle)===Make sure you have all the latest Microsoft updates.However Windows 8 is no longer support and if all is well I suggest you update to the recommended version 8.1Update to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/update-from-windows-8-tutorialPlease let me know of any remaining issues with this computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612754/laptop-wouldnt-start-and-then-i-couldnt-access-c-drive/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi -- PLEASE HELP This is my system HP d y GB PC Files or the Corrupt Couldn't Following Start Windows Because and Missing - RAM Win XP Home SP Phoenix Bios Samsung SP GB HD Sony DVD-RW The HD has the recovery files on partition D and I ordered some recovery CDs several months ago but the disks say quot wrong model number quot and won t do anything I was looking into finding more info on another problem like Black Windows Couldn't Start Because the Following Files and Missing or Corrupt Screen Hang -- actually the screen would remain black after the Windows XP screen shows up but I could hear the PC booting up properly otherwise Now whenever I boot up I get the Windows Couldn't Start Because the Following Files and Missing or Corrupt Following message Windows Couldn t Start Because the Following Files and Missing or Corrupt and then names windows system config system I think the needed files are on the D Partition and in the recovery console I think I can get to a DOS prompt but how do I search for and replace the corrupted files A disk scan says the HD is good and I know it is not a virus Please help fix this thing Thanks

A:Windows Couldn't Start Because the Following Files and Missing or Corrupt

I do not know the answer to your question about what to do to find that file on your system, but when I got that same message a while back I was able to use a rescue disk (boot disk) from the Fix-It-Utilities 9 disk to go in and use System Restore to restore my computer to a previous date and that fixed it like nothing had ever been wrong wtih the computer.

All I had to do was put in that disk, start the computer, and select use System Restore. It let me choose a restore point and in a very short amount of time, all was well.

I bought the disk for about 30 bucks at Walmart and it comes with a bunch of other utilities as well as one year of virus protection

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268864/windows-couldnt-start-because-the-following-files-and-missing-or-corrupt/
Relevancy 51.6%

When ever I start Norton Ghost 2003 to make back up of my drive I find this message. Can anyone please help me to sort out this issue.

A:Couldn't Contact Ghost Start Agent (0x80004002)

Hi Naz,

Have you reinstalled Ghost....Read this from Symantec / Norton themselves.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...02101512093025

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/couldnt-contact-ghost-start-agent-0x80004002-372378.html
Relevancy 51.6%

windows couldn't remove your computer from the homegroup, have done all fixes recommended, services still won't start, still can't leave home group

A:windows couldn't remove your computer from the homegroupwindows couldn

Hello Beatles, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you have not already, you might see if this may be able to help to remove you PC from the homegroup on the other PCs.

Homegroup - Remove PC from in Windows 7 and Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/326015-windows-couldnt-remove-your-computer-homegroupwindows-couldn.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everyone few days ago my win installs few updates and when it restarted itself - it couldn't turn itself back on It always gets stuck right before the login Repair System Start, to Anything and Find Failed couldn't 7 Windows screen I have tried few things Startup repair- told me he couldn t find anything System restore- tells me there is no backup I tried all kinds of safe modes or any other startup option from Windows 7 Failed to Start, and System Repair couldn't Find Anything the F menu I tried to copy amp paste the auto registry backup files from C Windows System config RegBack- caused BSOD I ran the memory diagnostic tool I ran FRST scan I tried to restart the motherboard and I disconnected every USB other media from the mother board Windows 7 Failed to Start, and System Repair couldn't Find Anything Non of Windows 7 Failed to Start, and System Repair couldn't Find Anything these helped I attached the startup repair log and the FRST log Any idea what can be done Maybe there is a fixlist that can be created for this issue This was the startup repair problem log https www dropbox com s ybon mu bynj b Startup Repair Log txt dl This was the FRST report https www dropbox com s xbcm qmrcf nab FRST Log txt dl Thanks a lot Paul

A:Windows 7 Failed to Start, and System Repair couldn't Find Anything

This is a little confusing.

You stated that this computer stops loading before the login screen.  But then you post all these things you have done, all of which would require either booting into Windows normally, or in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547913/windows-7-failed-to-start-and-system-repair-couldnt-find-anything/
Relevancy 51.17%

I was working with Broni in the Am I Infected forum amp was instructed to create new topic in in this section Here is the link the title of the topic is the same in both forums http www bleepingcomputer com forums t programs-start-automatically-popups-cannot-install-mbam DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Elise at couldn't popups, Programs start Mbam install automatically, on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated Programs start automatically, popups, couldn't install Mbam D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows Programs start automatically, popups, couldn't install Mbam system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system Hpservice exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system vcsFPService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpHostW exe C Windows Programs start automatically, popups, couldn't install Mbam system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x DigitalPersona Bin DPAgent exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Optimizer Pro OptProSmartScan exe C Program Files x Optimizer Pro OptProReminder exe C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DPAgent exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x CinemaNow CinemaNow Media Manager CinemanowSvc exe C SwSetup QuickWeb QW SYS config DVMExportService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe C Program Files x RosettaStoneLtdServices RosettaStoneDaemon exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HPToneControl HPToneCtl exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C ProgramData Macrovision FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe C Program Files HP HP ENVY series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Driver Restore Driver Restore DriverRestore exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Audible Bin AudibleDownloadHelper exe C Users Elise AppData Local Facebook Messenger FacebookMessenger exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x MyPC Backup MyPC Backup exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services APSDaemon... Read more

A:Programs start automatically, popups, couldn't install Mbam

Hello Twin B,my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.Please follow these guidelines:Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient.Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.print or copy & save instructions.back up all your private data / important files on another (external) drive before using our tools.Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.Ask for clarification, if you have any questions. Stay with this topic til you get the all clean post.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.***1. Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.Vista / Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.***2. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Right-click FRST / FSRT64 then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.Press the Scan button.When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.***

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546702/programs-start-automatically-popups-couldnt-install-mbam/
Relevancy 51.17%

I got Huawei E220 3G USB dongle. I couldn't use it to connect to the internet on Windows 8 Pro x64.

Its giving Error 711. Saying Remote Access Connection Manager couldn't start. I went to services and tried to manually start it. But Its giving Error 20 as below.

A:Error 711: Couldn't Start Remote Access Connection Manager

Originally Posted by lkhz

I got Huawei E220 3G USB dongle. I couldn't use it to connect to the internet on Windows 8 Pro x64.

Its giving Error 711. Saying Remote Access Connection Manager couldn't start. I went to services and tried to manually start it. But Its giving Error 20 as below.

It sounds like it needs a win 8 compatible driver , error 20 is usually the drivers corrupted or incompatible with the OS so the service can't find the device.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29223-error-711-couldnt-start-remote-access-connection-manager.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Compaq Evo N which is an ultracompact notebook and has neither a floppy disk drive nor a CD one Last week after a Windows update I rebooted my laptop and got this error message quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINNT SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEMced quot Having or Windows missing couldn't SYSTEM 2000 corrupt start. no CD drive I couldn t run the Compaq Quick Restore CDs that came with my laptop I borrowed an external Windows 2000 couldn't start. SYSTEM missing or corrupt floppy drive from a friend and downloaded Windows Setup floppy disks from the internet I attached the external floppy drive to my laptop Luckily the laptop booted from the external drive and loaded the Setup disks I got to the Recovery Console and rename system and system alt files as directed by Microsoft http support microsoft com kb but when I went to the c winnt repair folder I couldn t find a system file there and there s not a regback subfolder either as I had never run the Emergency Repair Disk Wizard I m really angry with myself for this There was however a system bak file in the repair folder I decided to give it a try and copied it to the c winnt system config folder and renamed it as system Then I rebooted my laptop This time I didn t see the error message but it started the Windows Setup process and asked me for the Windows Product Key When I bought this laptop there was no Windows CD coming with it There are two Compaq Quick Restore CDs but there is no Product Key on them I searched for one on internet and found this website http mywebpage netscape com opensrcrules cdkey html However none of the Windows Product Keys listed there worked I always got an error message saying the product Key was invalid What can I do now Is there a way for me to find my own Windows Product Key in the c winnt folder Or maybe Microsoft has invalidates the product keys listed on the above website and I can try some other Windows product keys Or maybe I m getting desperate but maybe I can create a floppy version of the Compaq Quick Restore CDs Please help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

hello I did a recovery system to system/windows recovery start using won't inst after couldn't computer my computer and when it was restarting i accidentally unplugg the computer so when i turn the computer back on the computer starts with a message saying quot setup is starting service quot then i get another message saying quot windows could not complete the installation to install windows on this computer restart the installation quot i click ok computer won't start after using recovery system/windows couldn't inst on the message then i get another one just saying setup will continue after restaring your computer and is the same thing everytime i try to boost the computer I'm not sure what to do or if I should just buy windows home premium which iswhat the computer came with and install it but i'm not sure if this is the way to fix the problem can anyone give me any advice also i've been looking at windows Hp and there is the full version and the -bit - System Builder OEM which should i get thanks in advince

A:computer won't start after using recovery system/windows couldn't inst

You don`t have to buy anything, you already bought windows with the pc.

Do you have an activation key somewhere on your pc ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266723-computer-wont-start-after-using-recovery-system-windows-couldnt-inst.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Computer Specs Windows professional - SP - bitAMD FX GHZ Processor GB RamAMD - Please help Issue or start, Internet run - with Explorer load, wont HD cardIE Issue About two days ago IE stopped working When I hit the icon I would see Issue with Internet Explorer - wont start, load, or run - Please help the hour glass telling me Issue with Internet Explorer - wont start, load, or run - Please help the CPU was processing then nothing never opened What I did in an attempt to resolve - Ran from the defualt directory thinking the shortcut was corrupted - Ran updated virus scans with SuperAntiSpyware and with Malwarebytes There was no viruses detected - I reset or reloaded IE by going to control panel-- gt program-- gt Turn windows feature on off - I turned IE off then on again Additional Info - It should be noted that Iam now using firefox and I seem to have a lot of adds popping up - all from Dealexpress - I Issue with Internet Explorer - wont start, load, or run - Please help did update windows yesterday but only after I encountered the issue - I do concider myself more knowladgeable about computers then most so dont be afraid to ask me to do something Please help - TY in advance BQ

A:Issue with Internet Explorer - wont start, load, or run - Please help

Reset IE to its defaults. To do this perform the following:

Go to Control Panel
Go to Internet Options
Click Advanced Tab
Select Reset button at bottom
Make sure everything is checked and hit ok
After if completes Try opening IE

You may also want to run a full system virus scan. I recommend Malwarebytes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550717/issue-with-internet-explorer-wont-start-load-or-run-please-help/
Relevancy 50.31%

Good evening from Aus I'm having some very serious problems with Windows at the moment I've been running it since about th November last year and it has run flawlessly until about weeks ago To sum up the issue before i start getting into its history on startup every one now without exception I get the blue quot busy quot circle around my network icon in the toolbar It stays like this for connectivity internet/network on with start issue Grave minutes and will randomly either accept the network and internet connection or stay on permenantly The real issue apart from not being able Grave issue with internet/network connectivity on start to access the internet network is that while doing this i cannot access the network and sharing center or any service to do with Grave issue with internet/network connectivity on start internet or networking When i try i get the blue circle of doom next to my cursor for - seconds like it is preparing to open whatever i tried and nothing No window opens nothing is running as far as i can tell from the task manager It tries to open and just doesn't It's a little different with the network and control center as the window opens but it is just blank-white A short list of things that this happens with include -Windows firewall -Windows defender -Network and control center -internet options -internet explorer -steam -windows live -right click gt troubleshoot problems on network icon in toolbar -system restore works of the time Troubleshoot steps i have tried -Various network cables -A different hub and plugging the cable directly into my comp -network diagnostics -system restore worked the first time and a few others until a serious problem occurred with it More info in next paragraph -restarts full power cycles checking all hardware for damage etc -virus scans clean -Mashing face into keyboard until it worked most successful so far Here's the kicker I can download and install windows updates while this is happening It's the only internet related program that will work while my computer's in this state Alright so a brief history The first time i remember this occurring was weeks ago I booted up my comp and got the dreaded circle The only thing i could remember doing was installing the Quake Live browser plugin the day before Non-plussed i system restored at the point of installation and it worked I didn't really think twice about it and went on my merry way Two days later it happened again A restart fixed it Next day same issue Plugged and unplugged network cable Restarted twice Downloaded a windows update and used it as my restore point Started system restore went and made a coffee and when i was back it was working Had a few clear days then it got intolerable Every restart every boot it happened System restore worked a few times then for some stupefying reason when i tried to restore it came up with a black desktop after a restore yesterday i booted up and my shut down button was gone from my startbar after i falcon punched my keyboard while trying to get it to work I'm not kidding Either i'm going insane or this is a dubious ploy by microsoft to send its users mad And now I sit here at your mercy forums members I'm at my final tether I've developed a nervous tick from fear of shutting down my computer Help

A:Grave issue with internet/network connectivity on start

Looks like you have tried everything under the sun. If not, lets assume you have.

Do a system restore.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54640-grave-issue-internet-network-connectivity-start.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have a few problems that i would kindly need some help to fixFirstly i have been and idiot and tried cracking stuff yes i am sorry and i shall now buy worthy products As a result i believe For Slow Speed Slow Very 256k, Very Laggy When Up, Internet Very Tasking Multi Start i have had my internet speed hijacked is this possible and i need urgent help on removing these viruses I also recieve an annoying icon at the bottom of right hand Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking corner which reads Virus Alert and then is followed by a small pop up box which reads Your computer is infected Possible harmful infection was detected on your PCThe system will now download and install the most efficentspyware removal program to prevent private data loss andyour identity theft Click here to protect your PC from the biggest spyware threats Here is my HijackThis log Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS VM STI EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exeC PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exeC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files SpyFalcon SpyFalcon exeC Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition PSFree exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Program Files SpyFalcon SpyFalcon exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mim exeC Program Files LightSurf Common IconMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exeC Program Files LightSurf Colorific hgcctl exeC Program Files LightSurf Color Indicator TICIcon exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC WINDOWS system ahfp exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Eset nod exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Documents and Settings TEMP Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page www google comO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run BigDogPath C WINDOWS VM ... Read more

A:Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking

Did you follow the instructions here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43659/how-to-remove-spyfalcon-removal-instructions/If not please do so and then post a new hjt log as a reply to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46952/internet-speed-very-slow-for-256k-very-slow-start-up-very-laggy-when-multi-tasking/
Relevancy 49.45%

Test....

A:Can't start a thread?

Hmm, works here.

Won't post in the Win 7 Section. Just goes to a blank screen.
Content included here if someone can move it.

--------------------------------

Thread Title: How Can I STOP Windows Update From Running, Or Trying To Run.
-----------------------------------

Thread Body:
While I'm in the process of testing some things and theories regarding my BSOD and Black Screen issues on my Gateway, I have started to use a recently acquired Lenovo for playing music.

It is off the web. All network connections are unplugged or disabled. There is no direct threat to it from the web.

As a result, I do not want WinUpdate running. When I get done with my tests, I may decide to manually start it and let it do it's thing.

Since it can't connect to anything, it just keeps trying to, causing the CPU temp to rise, fans to run, use more AC wattage, etc.

I have it turned off in WinUpdate, GWX Control Panel and Services (set to Manual), yet it keeps trying to run.

How do I kill it once and for all until I want it to run in a few days or weeks?

--------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-start-a-thread-1149193.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am trying to start a thread with my dds.txt pasted in, but I keep getting an error??

A:Can't start thread!

If I paste my dds.txt in, I get an error?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/cant-start-thread-514141.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My pc is infected with some kind of adware or something. The xp/luna theme is now missing and i can no longer connect to internet even though my laptop is working fine. I scan my pc with Spyware Doctor, Ad Aware, and McAfee but nothing work. Any help?

A:xp theme missing, couldn't connect to internet

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

If you do not have internet connection, you can download the required tools to a removable medium and transfer them to the affected computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/xp-theme-missing-couldnt-connect-to-internet-485440.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I find my computer couldn t access internet my IE but do okay in Firefox Could anyone pls help Thx Terence Hosts entries removed Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C internet included log this IE couldn't Hijack access - WINDOWS System cusrvc exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C PROGRA IE couldn't access internet - Hijack this log included SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C oracle ora bin omtsreco exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C oracle ora bin agntsrvc exe C oracle ora Apache Apache apache exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C oracle ora BIN TNSLSNR exe C WINDOWS System NWTRAY EXE C oracle ora bin dbsnmp exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe c oracle ora bin ORACLE EXE C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System UAService exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C oracle ora Apache Apache apache exe C oracle ora jdk bin java exe C oracle ora jdk bin java exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe c oracle ora bin isqlplus C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO QUICKfind BHO Object - C DF A- E - E - AB -D F - C PROGRA IDM QUICKF PlugIns IEHelp dll O - Toolbar amp amp amp amp R - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run NWTRAY NWTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item amp amp amp Microsoft Excel amp X - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files IBM Java jre bin NPJPI dll O - Extra Tools menuitem IBM Java amp amp amp - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files IBM Java jre bin NPJPI dll O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Options group JAVA IBM Java IBM O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip B AA -CD - D - - C AD C NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F C - C- CA -A -F A A BF NameServer O - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxsrvc dll O - Winlogon Notify NavLogon - C WINDOWS System NavLogon dll O - Service Client Update Service for Novell cusrvc - Novell Inc - C WINDOWS System cusrvc exe O - Service DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe O - Service Intel NCS NetService NetSvc - Intel R Corporation - C Program Files Intel NCS Sync NetSvc exe O - Service Symantec AntiVirus Client Norton AntiVirus Server - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA S... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

I have 5 PC in network. We connect broadband on main PC and other can get the internet connection through the main PC(gateway) over LAN. Now the problem is from last 2 days we get internet connection on main PC but can't get internet on others(network) PC's. While we can get shared files and folder over the LAN properly.
I also used WINSOCK utility to repair the connection on main system but no solution. I m using AVAST antivirus ver5.0.677.
Plz give any suggestion, it's urgent...................

A:Internet couldn't work on network system

Yes...........I got it. Install sygate firewall in your system and and when it will ask for the applications to run give them permission yes or no. There an application Generic host win32 comes, give it permission 'No' always to remember. Now sit back and relax your problem is solved.
This was due to the problem of Generic Host.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-couldnt-work-on-network-system-514187.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey all I am having issues with my wireless adapter in Windows It is a Linksys WRT GS I had no problems at all in Windows XP I am on broadband and the router I am using is also the model number WRT GS It is currently running DD-WRT v Here's what the problems are If I open more than tabs in firefox they load unbearably issue thread Connection Wireless Another slow If I let them each load it takes easily minutes before they Another Wireless Connection issue thread do if they do My download speed from a Another Wireless Connection issue thread reputable site i e Cnet is kb s and MAY jump to kb s My computer is no longer able to stream on a consistent basis to my Xbox It takes minutes to open a folder with - video files in it and then takes minutes to load one to watch After that I am lucky if the streaming remains steady as it decides at random times that it needs to do another minute load I have a printer hooked up to this computer and my dad sent a document to it today It was a small document under - mb from my understanding and it printed very slowly one line at a time before it stopped If I try to access the router itself through this wireless connection it is slow to unresponsive I have tried many quot fixes quot I have found online that include the following Re-install drivers for wireless Rollback the Realtek update for my Ethernet ports Disable RCB I have reenabled it atm Change the limitable bandwidth percentage to Disable Windows firewall Disable IPv None of these quot fixes quot have done anything for me I am running free AVG for my AV program and I cannot find anything that says it has a firewall My computer specs should be listed in my name I believe but I can repost them here if anyone thinks that will help Hardwiring is not really an option as this computer is floors below the router One other thing I have done is a speedtest net report Here it is http www speedtest net result png Now I ran the same test MINUTE after I did that one on a laptop running Windows XP and the numbers were this Download Mb s Upload Mb s Thanks for any help you could provide as I'm at wit's end

A:Another Wireless Connection issue thread

Hi there.

Uninstall AVG. It is the internet's worst application in the world and is probably causing you issues. Disabling will not have the same effect.

If not, you still will be better off. You couldn't guess how many pcs I've helper repair on here with that, ranging from bsod to you name it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/41885-another-wireless-connection-issue-thread.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all I have created a small JAVA program which counts to issue JAVA: Thread Solved: and count down But now I want to do something like this whenever it is having numbers like the font size should be increased This is what I have done Code import java awt import java awt event import javax swing public class MyThread extends JFrame implements ActionListener JLabel label JButton button button thread t new thread Font f new Font quot Arial Black quot Font BOLD public MyThread label new JLabel quot Number Solved: JAVA: Thread issue will be displayed here quot button new JButton quot Solved: JAVA: Thread issue OK quot button addActionListener this button new JButton quot CANCEL quot button addActionListener this JPanel panel JPanel getContentPane panel setLayout new FlowLayout panel add label panel add button panel add button public void actionPerformed ActionEvent ae if ae getSource equals button t start else System exit class thread extends Thread int i public void run while true for i i lt i label setText String valueOf i if i label setFont f else if i label setFont f try Thread sleep catch InterruptedException ie for int i i gt i-- label setText String valueOf i try Thread sleep catch InterruptedException ie public static void main String args MyThread t new MyThread t setVisible true t setSize t validate t setLocation This code changes the font when it reaches to but won t come back to the previous font size when the number is not a multiplication of Please help nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

The heat has finally hit in Idaho and my computer is feeling it The funny thing is that my heat thread... it's Yep, another issue related apartment isn t exactly overheated though The CPU is now sitting somewhere at around degrees Celcius The only upgrades on this system since last year is that I now have a GeForce GT instead of an FX and GB RAM vs MB last year Other than those two items it s exactly the same and had no heat issues at all last summer or at all I doubt either of these two are the issue to the increased heat I am aware the GT draws more power than the My side is off the case and the rest of the computer is running at degrees Celcius I hope that gives an idea of where I m sitting at computer wise I guess what I want to know is would removing the heatsink and fan from the cpu and reapplying thermal grease be the best option Or should I just get a whole new heatsink and fan I don t have access to the thermal grease at the moment so I Yep, it's another heat issue related thread... can t just try it out for a couple of days so I wanted to know Yep, it's another heat issue related thread... what anyone else thought as in if this is a good direction to pursue Yep, it's another heat issue related thread... reapplying or what instead would be the best course to take Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Yep, it's another heat issue related thread...

Taking the hs/fan off to clean and reapply the grease is a good idea-
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions_small.htm
- but, it would be even better to upgrade the pair while you have 'em off.
You may know already but ensure the heatsink is free of dust and other matter. Make sure the fan is running up to speed and is clean also.
You may also check and see if there is something that's running in the background using the CPU and causing it to warm up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yep-its-another-heat-issue-related-thread.374983/
Relevancy 48.59%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

A:Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371386/suspected-malware-searchfastfindnet-ruining-internet-speed-and-computer-speed/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm hoping this is a new post to the thread
I also hope I just posted a link to said thread, as it's swapped my link for a big picture.

I have a 7020 ssf pc running win7 and the sound is compressed. I have opened Dell Audio to find the equaliser controls and maxx audio controls missing, as in this thread. However I do have speaker setup and default format controls.
The info in this thread is for win8 and uses names and routes through my PC I don't recognise. I get the idea I need to stop the PC making changes, then remove and reinstall the realtec drivers but how?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19984775
Relevancy 48.59%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by jacobjordan at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k requested thread as new start rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C start new thread as requested Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C start new thread as requested Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee start new thread as requested HackerWatch HWAPI exe c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcsacore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mclogsrv exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcupdmgr exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C Windows system rundll exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcusrmgr exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C WINDOWS ModPS Key exe C Program Files McAfee MSK mskagent exe C Program Files Napster napster exe C Program Files BigFix bigfix exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Program Files Logitech Vid HD Vid exe C Program Files Logitech LWS Webcam Software CameraHelperShell exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users jacobjordan Downloads dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M GT mStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M GT mDefault Page URL hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M GT uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt mSearchAssistant hxxp www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M GT BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptcl dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c google BAE dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead... Read more

A:start new thread as requested

Hello, and to the Malware Removal forum! My online alias is Blade Zephon, or Blade for short, and I will be assisting you with your malware issues!If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic. By clicking this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Before we begin cleaning your machine, I'd like to lay out some guidelines for us to follow while we are working together.I will be assisting you with your malware issues. This may or may not resolve other problems you are having with your computer. If you are still having problems after your machine has been determined clean, I will be glad to direct you to the proper forum for assistance.Even if things appear better, that does not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions until I give you the all clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that all the malware has been removed. If a piece of the infection is left, it can regenerate and reinfect your machine. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.I ask that you please refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. If you act independently it will cause changes to your system that I will not be aware of, which will make the process of cleaning the machine a much slower and more difficult process. Additionally, some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received. If you are unsure or confused about any instructions I give you, you should ask me to clarify before doing anything. Additionally, if you run into any problems while carrying out instructions, you should STOP and reply back here explaining what happened.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed. If you need additional time, that is perfectly alright; you just need to let us know beforehand. Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:Location 1Location 2Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Under the "Custom Scans/Fixes" section paste in the below in bold

netsvc
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
eNetHook.dll
ahcix86.sys
KR10N.sys
nvstor32.sys
ahcix86s.sys
nvrd32.sys
symmpi.sys
adp3132.sys
mv61xx.sys
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
Push the button.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and paste them into the body of your next reply.~BladeIn your next reply, please include the following:OTL.txtExtras.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372199/start-new-thread-as-requested/
Relevancy 48.59%

Just went to the I start to thread) (Poe's lot games a get cant of links described previously will follow directions given amp repost the outcome Well no go Can someone help me get Backgammon I cant get a lot of games to start (Poe's thread) amp Spades again The Machine here is Win Me Mghtz MB RAM and updated to MS specs anyhow About a week ago I noticed this quot BARGAIN BUDDY quot icon on the desktop amp knew it wasn t anything I put there intentionally Spybot found that downloadWare and WebInstall new to the system That was when the MS games would start connect to the server say it was looking for others but not find any I used System Restore to set the machine back to specs theoretically because the add remove programs would not get rid of these pesky ho s Removed the suggested S amp D reg stuff deleted Bxxs dll Reboot I unistalled rebooted then reinstalled the quot Games quot package of windows but still no other players Next time Spybot ran it found a problem with a reg key associated with C Win System Conflict Zsetup exe S amp D said it was missing a shared dll Funny thing was Zsetup exe was not in that location I redirected the reg key to CF MSNGZ so it could find the executable but still zilch Ad-Aware re-installed today found malware entries in the reg just now they were b u amp deleted otherwise except a few cookies the system is clean according to AA amp S amp D The hijackThis Log is posted below If anyone can help out it will be greatly arrpriciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SSDPSRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCEVTMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON CLEANSWEEP CSINJECT EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON UTILITIES NPROTECT EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON GHOST GHOSTSTARTSERVICE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCAPP EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SHUTTLE TECHNOLOGY ICONFIG EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZONE LABS ZONEALARM ZLCLIENT EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MICROSOFT SHARED WORKS SHARED WKCALREM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS TEMP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http desktop presario net scripts redirectors presario deskredir dll c c amp s consumer amp LC R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s searchbar amp LC R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp LC R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c windows downloaded program files googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c windo... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all,

i have wbeen helped by the malware specialist and told me there was no malware detected and advised me to get help from someone in the windows 7 thread.

well the guys in the WIN& (Allan) told me he cant find the issue and he thinks it is a malware issue.

here is the link to all my logs:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic425806.html/page__p__2459923#entry2459923
here is the link to the WIN7 thread:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic426678.html/page__st__15
thank you

A:Told to start ANOTHER thread

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427170/told-to-start-another-thread/
Relevancy 48.59%

When I attempt to start a thread in firefox I get :

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters."

I know it is firefox because I've switched to chrome and posted the exact same thread.

A:Can't start a thread in firefox

Hi,

Is this on TSF or another forum? Have you tried clearing your catche and see if you still have the same issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/cant-start-a-thread-in-firefox-575419.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 48.16%

This is a relatively new computer I had the shop local to me put it together last month dual core gigs ddr Geforce gt pci express Decent enough rig won t be able to handle Crysis that great but whatever Things were working flawlessly for a few weeks I ran FEAR Tomb Raider Legend and a few other games flawlessly Then last week I had a printer issue so I uninstalled the drivers but ran into an issue so I ran a system restore to a few hours earlier That fixed the printer software but it appeared even tho the software said there was ink there wasn t any So a day or two later I played a little VTM Device issue Stuck Thread in driver :( Bloodlines Then it started freezing up and the system eventually crashed I hard booted and got an error popup saying I just recovered from a crash Then I was shown this STOP x EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER I then decided to play Thread Stuck in Device driver issue :( a little Hellgate London everything worked fine But then a few hours later I played again and things froze and I got the same Thread Stuck in Device driver issue :( error again Thread Stuck in Device driver issue :( So I re-installed directx and disabled anti aliasing on Hellgate because supposedly there s a memory leak in regards to anti aliasing on that game After that the game seemed to run smooth at times but I was getting lag where I shouldn t have So I uninstalled the game and installed Devil May Cry I played this game for a few hours without any issues So I figured ok its Hellgate Then I played the new Fear expansion pack tonight the same thing started to happen First the game ran fine and then I noticed some lag and then when the second level started the audio started skipping and I started getting a scrambled picture then the system locked up I rebooted got the same error I got with Hellgate So uninstalled the detonator drivers I was using the ones from September th I then installed the latest ones that were released last week I believe non beta I restarted the new Fear game and now everytime I load the game it goes right to the lockup and when I reboot right to the error message I ran an avg scan nothing shows I ran a kasperky scan nothing shows I can only think of two possibilites I corrupted something when I ran that system restore The Gpu has already gone bad I get no issues when I m just doing basic desktop functions such as running nero mirc photoshop and so on This is only happening with games The shop of course covers things for a year and PNY made the gpu and I believe they have a limited lifetime warranty However I like to rule as many things out as possible before I go to them Or it could have been a spike I imagine the power went out once or twice during the San Diego fire a few weeks ago Is there anything anyone recommends that I try before running to the shop and crying The dump file looks something like this PAGEDUMP D U V L P w g PAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGE AGE T PAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGE Not very informative heh nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thread-stuck-in-device-driver-issue.650127/
Relevancy 48.16%

Basically, I get the BSOD randomly, some nights I can go without it at all but some nights I get them quite often, I've tried everything I could and have been directed to this site so following another post I read here's my info for you guys:

? OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ? Vista
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x86
? What was original installed OS on system? Vista
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Pre-installed
? Age of system (hardware) 4 years +
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? I restored my system to factory defaults and ever since, I've been getting a BSOD.
? CPU (Unsure what it's asking)
? Video Card (Unsure)
? MotherBoard (Unsure)
? Power Supply - brand & wattage (unsure)

If you need any other info or if you need the info that i'm unsure of let me know and i'll try and find it out thanks

A:BSOD Issue, Report/Info in thread.

Hello and welcome to TSF!

2/3 of the attached dumps are of the D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bugcheck which essentially means that a device driver has a bug and attempted to access invalid memory, the pagefile has been corrupted or there is a memory problem. In your case, these 2 D1 dumps are stating the fault as nwifi.sys, which is the
NativeWiFi Miniport Driver (a Windows driver).

However, if take a look into the stack text, we can see that athrusb is mentioned, athrusb = athrusb.sys (Atheros Wireless LAN driver). In other words, your wireless lan drivers are faulting the NativeWiFi Miniport Driver.

Stack for reference:

Code:
8039dc3c 91f9c082 badb0d00 8039dccc 8039dc68 nt!KiTrap0E+0x2e1
8039dcb0 91f9ed77 98c129a8 0000164b 866a3008 nwifi!Dot11GetSenderAddr+0xe
8039dcec 91f9f0a2 866a3008 00000030 00000000 nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+0x73
8039dd18 823338f9 8668a6b0 85ab40c0 00000000 nwifi!Pt6Receive+0x114
8039dd34 8227454a 85aeb0e8 85ab40c0 00000000 ndis!ndisMIndicateReceiveNetBufferListsInternal+0x27
8039dd50 91e18d74 85aeb0e8 85ab40c0 00000000 ndis!NdisMIndicateReceiveNetBufferLists+0x20
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
8039dd8c 91e188b3 85a92558 00000000 00000002 athrusb+0xcd74
8039dda0 91e634da 85a92558 85788c08 00000001 athrusb+0xc8b3
8039ddc4 91e63230 85b1e988 00000002 8039ddec athrusb+0x574da
8039ddd4 91e65e03 85b1e988 85add048 0000061c athrusb+0x57230
8039ddec 80621bd5 7a8773f0 7a522ff0 0000061c athrusb+0x59e03
8039de1c 80642bbc 7a51e9d8 7a8773f0 85ae1574 Wdf01000!FxUsbPipeContinuousReader::_FxUsbPipeRequestComplete+0x3e
8039de44 8061a7dd 85934368 85788c08 00000000 Wdf01000!FxRequestBase::CompleteSubmitted+0x89
8039de60 8061a8bf 01ae1620 868f91e0 8039de94 Wdf01000!FxIoTarget::RequestCompletionRoutine+0x195
8039de70 81c5b934 00000000 85934368 85ae1620 Wdf01000!FxIoTarget::_RequestCompletionRoutine+0x35
8039de94 81ce921b 00000000 85934368 868f91e0 nt!IopUnloadSafeCompletion+0x44
8039dec8 8bb19e0a 81c89734 844fb9a8 00000000 nt!IopfCompleteRequest+0x11d
8039df04 8bb18132 856e7028 85934368 84230980 USBPORT!USBPORT_Core_iCompleteDoneTransfer+0x6cb
8039df34 8bb1a95f 856e7028 39585043 856e7bf8 USBPORT!USBPORT_Core_iIrpCsqCompleteDoneTransfer+0x4f5
8039df60 8bb1424f 856e7028 856e7bf8 856e7002 USBPORT!USBPORT_Core_UsbIocDpc_Worker+0x122
8039df88 81cec6e2 856e7c04 34776478 00000000 USBPORT!USBPORT_Xdpc_Worker+0x274
8039dff4 81cea2f5 a47c66f8 00000000 00000000 nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x147
8039dff8 a47c66f8 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiDispatchInterrupt+0x45
81cea2f5 00000000 0000001b 00c7850f bb830000 0xa47c66f8
Update your Atheros network drivers here - both wireless and wired:

ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-issue-report-info-in-thread-659801.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Alrighty about Another 'windows thread start' wont months ago I was away visiting family and my girlfriend calls telling me the computer keep restarting before it finishes loading I've had this happen before and when it happened before it was a bad Another 'windows wont start' thread Firewire driver or port a friend of my helped me track it down and disable it fixed the problem I have a new Mobo now Anyway when i got home I turned the computer on and it started up fine Another 'windows wont start' thread as if nothing had ever happened Today we turned it on and its doing it again here is Exactly Another 'windows wont start' thread what it does It begins booting up normally until it get to the windows splash screen with the blue bar that scrolls across the screen right before the login The bar will skip and then a few seconds later skip again It will then flash a blue screen and restart It flashes the blue screen too fast for me to read It will begin in Safe Mode but it will not being in Safe Mode w Networking It flashes a blue screen with that one too I know this isn't a lot of info but does anyone know how I could further troubleshoot this And its XP Pro SP I tried rolling back vid drivers to see if that could be it Also deleted some Star Force drivers read that Star Force drivers could cause the computer to do this and the Event Log mentioned an error with it Neither of these worked

A:Another 'windows wont start' thread

Well....it just started working again.....um....still. This sounds like a problem that can only get worse. Does anyone have any idea?

EDIT:
Also just checked my event log, i got this..
Error code 1000000a, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 0000001c, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 804e8346

Event ID 1003, Category 102

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/another-windows-wont-start-thread-316102.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all long time browser of this site but first time poster I will try to be as thread. start Vista won't Another HDD Is dead? my detailed as possible but please ask for more if needed as I ll probably leave important ones out Thank you for any help Basically I am running a Dell XPS on Windows Vista and cannot get it to start properly For Another Vista won't start thread. Is my HDD dead? the past month or so it has been acting strangely Basically anytime it s reset I have to go through a Dell Pre Boot System Assessment Build It would run through some diagnostics and then start properly This always worried me but it always came back on properly I have also been hearing strange loud grinding noises from it for at least a month or two I never thought much of them though as sometimes computer s are loud Now it will not start properly at all though and I suspect it could be a hard drive failure Yesterday morning I tried putting a new CD in it and opening iTunes which became unresponsive I tried logging off and logging back on which usually fixes that problem but the process of logging off was taking incredibly long so I and this was probably a mistake just powered it off Now when I start it I get quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software change might be the cause quot It then prompts me to either start Startup Repair or start Windows normally which brings me back to the same screen I have tried Startup Repair and am told it cannot be repaired automatically I have tried booting from the last good configuration which does not work I have tried System Restore and am told that no restore points have been created which is not true but that s what it says I have tried the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool I am kind of stumped as to what to do next Through researching my problem I have found that maybe changing my boot sequence in the BIOS would help but it appears that my HDD is not present My options in the boot sequence are Onboard SATA Hard Drive not present WDC WD AAKS- YGA Onboard or USB Floppy Drive not present Onboard or USB CD-ROM Drive I have online data backup through Carbonite so data loss would not be a huge problem if I had to reinstall Windows or get a new HDD I would just like to make sure there are no other fixes before I pursue one of these options When I try Startup Repair this is what I get Problem Signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairV Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature NoRootCause Problem Signature NoRootCause Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature WrpRepair Problem Signature OS Version Locale ID I m just stumped as to what to do next I e-mailed a local computer store in my town and maybe they will be able to help but I imagine it won t be exactly cheap I don t know what the rates for computer repair are I also have a Geek Squad nearby but unless I m told otherwise consider that a last resort I am no computer wizard but can follow directions simple enough and if possible would like to fix it myself which is why I m here We have two other laptops in the house which I m typing on now and have smartphones and I am on winter break so it s not an urgent problem but it is rather annoying Thank you to everyone

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434605/another-vista-wont-start-thread-is-my-hdd-dead/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I posted a problem under the title 'Browser crashes, PC crashes, BSOD. It seemed to be solved two days ago but has returned with a vengeance. I have posted in the same thread. Should I also start a new thread? thanks, John

A:problem has come back should I start new thread

Continue on your other post
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/907930-browser-crashes-pc-crashes-bsod-2.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-has-come-back-should-i-start-new-thread.908535/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello how we all doing Good I however am not so good someone told me that ones psychological well being is connected to the state of ones comp Slow computer a declines dl speed/hdwrite 100% goes internet, to speed when CPU using progressively lot of irrtation Obviously this is true But I digress Have an issue with CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines high CPU that only occurs when internet network card is involved This makes my computer laggy According to asus liveupdate application I have the latest drivers for everything I even updated my BIOS through it CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines and it installed in windows somehow I did flash it via floppy or usb I have read that this software is very unreliable and buggy If someone can give a link to where ASUS posts BIOS revision history bugfixes I would appreciate it I can't find it on this link I start OS everything CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines is fine Fire up latest version of chrome my laptop has been connected on and off today and I have google update so it should be this very latest download anything I think anything at least from FTP and CPU load increases as the download speed increases It takes about - seconds for CPU to reach then the download speed decreases I think my comp can't handle that high hd write speed while CPU is If it gets up to MB s megabyte this happens Close dl finished paused CPU goes back down to normal levels of idling which I suspect is unusually high in my case Windows is not very snappy but not all too laggy either I get maxed out to MB s with ubuntu ftp CPU rises dlspeed declines just as described If I close chrome then start again CPU spikes to for half a second Even just opening my computer causes this This made me suspicious that it's simply my laptop that is weak it can't handle high hd write without cpu going bonanas However copying to HD from USBstick gets me a stable MB s with CPU not noteworthy elevated Problem persists with all program under explorer exe in processexplorer closed At one time interrupts went to - system idle was at at one point Processxplorer exe was See attached pictures At one point prcsexplorer said system idle processes is using CPU yet the diagram and systra is on How come Tested again with all eset smart security modules disabled the ones that can be disabled from right click of systray - system idle even as much as at one point Could eset still be root problem anyway I noticed for example one module needs reboot to be disabled Just now I restarted without barely any services and applications internet was not working spike to when opening my comp Also restarted with my normal applications and services cpu spikes to from opening browser and google docs On old stationary also cpu when connect to internet might this just be a switch issue Have a cheap no-name no brand-name simple one On the other hand I tested without switch only my comp connect straight to jacket in wall - problem remained Also same problem occured when I tested my laptop on the librarie s wireless some month ago On fresh install of ubuntu bit with a handful of software installed and no other modifications I get a stable cpu load of - with mb s- mb s from ftp via browser So no decline in dl hd write speed in contrast to W No unnormal elevation of RAM it rests at GB just as before dl started Once dl finished cpu goes to - If I recall correctly issue was there from the very beginning of getting it and the problem persisted after reinstalling windows bit ultimate and only installing a small number of software Note that a couple of months ago the only way to make CPU come down from was to reboot Or manually disconnecting then reconnecting network cable Or disable then enable network card ethernet adapter in device manager Also this impacted OS much more than now windows in general was very very laggy and ope... Read more

A:CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines

Try to update driver for JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, if already updated then try to roll back the driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-goes-to-100-when-using-internet-dl-speed-hdwrite-speed-progressively-declines-628783.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 48.16%

So sometime ago around about the start of November my internet speed dropped out of nowhere and has remained at the constantly lowered speed since then Usually I would have a download speed of mbps however in recent days that s more like mbps When trying a bandwidth test that would usually have been about mbps however that is more like mbps now A way I used to scope what my bandwidth was was using the Formula com website where when you watch a video on it it will tell you your bandwidth rating before hand That as I say has dropped from the mbps to the mbps mentioned This is normally an and Speed Speed Drop Bandwidth Internet Sudden okay speed to do things however whilst my father is using Netflix the internet becomes so slow that it is basically impossible to do anything Normally on my old internet speed it would have not been a problem Now I ve done all the tests that are normally mentioned to Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop do as I have been searching for an answer since the Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop internet speed tanked It is not a computer specific problem as it is exactly the same on all devices connected to the router I have rung my ISP and they have said that my line should be receiving around mbps as we run on an ADSL connection However doing a line test through the same provider says we should be getting mbps My ISP reports no problems with the line and there has been no change at my end either When the internet suddenly dropped as I say it was a sudden speed decrease it didn t happen over a period of time it literally happened in an instant I was on a BT HomeHub This hub would continuously be disconnecting due to a fault however the internet speed was always at the mbps Bandwidth However around about the th- th of November as I say the internet just dropped but we were still having troubles with the disconnections A BT HomeHub was then upgraded to which has since stopped the disconnections but the speed has remained exactly the same Any advice would be appreciated on this and I thank you for any time that you put into this issue I just hope that it s something that can be resolved I just want to know what has caused it it s one of those things that just shouldn t happen but has and it is mighty frustrating Again thanks Phil nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Talking about this thread Outlook Vista Issue http Addendum Outlook thread: to Issue 2002/Vista forums techguy org business-applications -outlook- -vista-issue html Specifically I wanted to highlight these Addendum to thread: Outlook 2002/Vista Issue posts in that CLOSED wish it wasn t thread post - autoit script idea post - remember password checkbox post - idea for mintotray Responses Post - GENIUS I love macros Post - This isn t necessary as actually you can check the box yourself time and it will remain checked even though the password doesn t stay saved This is how it worked on my machine at least Post - Love it I implemented this along with my simplified script which is what I mainly wanted to share with the forum My idea Stand alone exe file Presumptions That you have set your Send Receive interval time to or more minutes Mine s on That you have at least email account to check Below example is just for email account That you checked the checkbox manually for it to remember the password in the Email Accounts Settings window Not the quot Enter Network Password quot window My AutoIt Script Start OutLook Run quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE quot recycle check library path of your OutLook WinWaitActive quot Inbox - Microsoft Outlook quot send quot ALT tan TAB ENTER TAB PasswordHere TAB ENTER ENTER quot Finished Explanation It is IMPERATIVE that the quot send quot line be entered exactly as it is with no additional spaces What I m doing is setting a wait for the Outlook XP program to start because on my computer it tries to utilize the macro on other foreground windows in other programs before Outlook starts if I don t put in the wait for it Then I send a stream of keystrokes that uses navigates the Outlook menu system to set the password BEFORE the Send Recieve tries to check for mail It just so happens that the timing works better this way because if I enter the password in the quot Enter Network Password quot dialog that pops up the program already tries to check mail once with no credentials causing an error window The successive email check works doing it the quot Enter Network Password quot popup way mentioned in the above cited thread but I d rather set the password in the quot Email Accounts quot window before I m ever prompted with the quot Enter Network Password quot dialog to avoid the st erroneous Send Receive Lastly for security purposes I compiled the short AutoIt script to an exe file Its an AutoIt option tools menu compile so it could stand alone from needing AutoIt to run it To further secure things I uninstalled AutoIt cause if I ever got hacked I wouldn t want someone to see I had that installed and try to make use of all the scripts somehow Inside the compiled exe file its all encrypted in the compile I believe and its at least quot somewhat quot harder to get to than just having a bold face text script running in the background Not many people use exe decompilers and there are few that work to take apart a exe last time I checked so that encrypts the password a lil bit I then created a shortcut to the stand alone exe file for mail startup and Changed the Icon it showed to that of Outlook s using the Outlook exe file for the icon source WA-LA Q What if I have more than email account in Outlook XP A Lets assume you have email accounts Here s how the script would easily be modified AutoIt Script for email accounts - Option Start OutLook Run quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE quot recycle check library path of your OutLook WinWaitActive quot Inbox - Microsoft Outlook quot st Email Account send quot ALT tan TAB ENTER TAB stPasswordHere TAB ENTER ENTER quot nd Email Account send quot ALT tan DOWN TAB ENTER TAB ndPasswordHere TAB ENTER ENTER quot rd Email Account send quot ALT tan DOWN DOWN TAB ENTER TAB rdPasswordHere TAB ENTER ENTER quot Finished -------------------------------------------------------------- or this way ---------------------------------------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/addendum-to-thread-outlook-2002-vista-issue.760868/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all, after a lot of troubles and lookung for more solutions here some findings:
- Gfx performance - install GfX drivers from 14th April and it will perform as it should (also avail through Msft Win10 Update)
- flicker in screen - install GfX drivers from 14th April and it will perform as it should (also avail through Msft Win10 Update) & latest TB drivers
- coil whines - no solution found yet
- battery live - is the worst. I get 3-4h doing only eMail with 25-50% screen brighness. I ran some check tools and noticed that I have a constant voltage in the GPU (0,7V) which should actually go back down to 0 (at least all other 6th gen devices I have do that)
- fan is always spinning (balanced power setting) when plugged while only doing eMail (no streaming of music or similar)
- standby power issue - so solution found yet

A:Dell XPS 13 9350, i7 6560 with iris 540, issue thread

Sad that you have to do this amount of beta testing on a very expensive laptop.  Unfortunately, as  business purchaser of many laptops for my company, I cannot spend this amount of time to figure out whey a brand new laptop, 10 minutes out of the box is flickering and crashing to a black screen multiple times.
Not only am I not going to make a third mistake by ordering a replacement, I'm looking at other vendors. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19681999
Relevancy 47.73%

I was waiting patiently for some help, now my only other working pc has crashed too...again. Both of ours crashed at the same time. Hers came back up , mines still have not.

Continue with questions about hers on my thread?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-if-my-daughter-pc-has-crashed-again-do-i-start-a-new-thread.855392/
Relevancy 47.73%

When I start Torch application on my system I get thread ID could not be located dynamic link liabrary kernel32.dill

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/when-i-start-torch-application-on-my-system-i-get-thread-id/203711.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi BC I'm email Sorry for to GRINGOkeeps Very a thread! new My bouncing... start working with GRINGO and have run adwcleaner and junkwareremovaltool without incident Unfortunately the reply email address bleep bleepingcomputer com is not accepting my emails Got bounced times So I'm making a new thread sorry for the mess I post the bounced email ----- Hi Gringo Glad to have a pro on board Johnson owner of computer reports that system Very Sorry to start a new thread! My email for GRINGOkeeps bouncing... is running faster after removing temporary files and defragging I observe that the buttons on ADWcleaner are now labeled SCAN and CLEAN ratherthan Delete I ran both AdwCleaner and JRT without incident and I paste the logs here Johnson also has Fast Again PC Booster a malware on the desktop Thanks so much ---Mark Miner AdwCleaner AdwCleaner v - Report created at Updated by Xplode Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack bits Username Johnson - FRONTDESK Running from C Documents and Settings Johnson My Documents Downloads AdwCleaner exe Option Clean Services Service Deleted x HelpSvc Service Deleted BackupStack Service Deleted IBUpdaterService Service Deleted Updater By SweetPacks Service Deleted WajamUpdater Files Folders Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AVG Secure Search Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data SweetIM Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs x Help Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Inbox Toolbar Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs RebateInformer Folder Deleted C Program Files AVG Secure Search Folder Deleted C Program Files Conduit Folder Deleted C Program Files Deal Vault Folder Deleted C Program Files Inbox Toolbar Folder Deleted C Program Files Inbox com Folder Deleted C Program Files MyPC Backup Folder Deleted C Program Files RebateInformer Folder Deleted C Program Files SweetIM Folder Deleted C Program Files Updater By SweetPacks Folder Deleted C Program Files Wajam Folder Deleted C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search Folder Deleted C WINDOWS system ARFC Folder Deleted C WINDOWS system jmdp Folder Deleted C WINDOWS system WNLT Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Local Settings Application Data AVG Secure Search Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Local Settings Application Data Conduit Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Local Settings Application Data Wajam Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Application Data x Help Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Application Data Advanced System Protector Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Application Data AVG Secure Search Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Application Data DefaultTab Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Application Data Inbox Toolbar Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Application Data PriceGong Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Application Data RebateInformer Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Application Data Systweak Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Start Menu Programs MyPC Backup Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Start Menu Programs Wajam Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions jpmbfleldcgkldadpdinhjjopdfpjfjp Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions ndibdjnfmopecpmkdieinmbadjfpblof Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions ogccgbmabaphcakpiclgcnmcnimhokcj Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions pbofibgamhkgoonaocfgemncghhadmgb Folder Deleted C Documents and Settings Johnson ... Read more

A:Very Sorry to start a new thread! My email for GRINGOkeeps bouncing...

Hello,
It sounds like you have been trying to reply to the email notification that is sent to you whenever you receive a reply to your topic. Please do not reply to those notification mails, instead access the topic by using the link in the mail, after which you can post your reply.

In this case, please post the logs as reply to the topic here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505359/very-sorry-to-start-a-new-thread-my-email-for-gringokeeps-bouncing/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey all Sorry for the rather unspecific title however I'm having issues that can't really be described in a few words without causing confusion A while in see General in title, Hard thread. explain issue. to windows back I installed a theme called quot Dark Agility quot I'm sure a few of you may be General windows issue. Hard to explain in title, see in thread. familiar with it as I got it from around here I'm pretty sure This is what it looks like It's not an easy to install theme and came with various instructions on how to replace certain files one of which was Explorer exe Since then I hadn't had any real major issues but some are popping up now Whenever I try to turn network and sharing on it will enable but as soon as I close and re-go back into that menu General windows issue. Hard to explain in title, see in thread. it will show as disabled General windows issue. Hard to explain in title, see in thread. again This appears to be a regular occurence with any other menus that I can enable disable things using a radio button the little circle that when you click on it it will highlight Another issue that I'm having on this computer I'm on my laptop at the moment is this Every time I change my power profile Power saver gt High performance vice versa or any other possible combination my Minimum and Maximum CPU usage obtained my going into the power options gt more power settings gt change plan settings gt change advanced power settings gt Proccessor power management is set to That's of the CPU as the MAXIMUM that windows can use It underclocks the poor thing to around Mhz I was wondering if any of you knowledgeable chaps woul be able to help me out with these issues and perhaps get them fixed Thank you

A:General windows issue. Hard to explain in title, see in thread.

Run SFC -SCANNOW Command which should remove the theme's intrusion into Win7 System files, which would be what is causing the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231865-general-windows-issue-hard-explain-title-see-thread.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and calculator what should be my connection if i want my download speed like 1mb per second? thank you very much.

A:difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Are you sure you're not getting 190-200KBps? You have to watch because the speed is often stated using different bit rates. When you see 1.5Mbs (lower case b) then it is megabits per second. If you see 190KBs (upper case B) then it's talking kilobytes per second. There are 8 bits in a byte so you really need to multiply the KBs number by 8 to determine the megabits or divide the Mbs number by 8 to determine the megabyte number.

In your case 200KBs multiplied by 8 is 1600Kbs or 1.6Mbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310087-difference-between-download-speed-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Wikileak documents show Governments couldn`t penetrate Comodo Internet Security:

This is what Comodo now claims, is it true.....

Wikileaks has just revealed a government sponsored and used malware calked finFisher. https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/

The developers of this malware apparently tested all antivirus products to see if their malware can penetrate these antivirus products or not, and wikileaks published the AV test document. https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/documents.html

COMODO Internet Security proved itself against government malware that it has solid protection and no infection!!! This is what the creator of the malware says according to wikileaks.

Now you know how powerful Comodo is when protecting you

Melih

A:Wikileak documents show Governments couldn't penetrate Comodo Internet Security

That tidbit of information makes me not want to use Comodo.If it is really true more power to Comodo. On the flip side is the information what it really appears to be? In this day in age nothing would surprise me.Just my personal take on it of course

https://malwaretips.com/threads/wikileak-documents-show-governments-couldnt-penetrate-comodo-internet-security.38511/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All,
Let's start a HUGE free software thread and keep it going. Lets see how many programs we can get.

Ok, Here's what I use.

EditPad Lite - Notepad replacement
http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadlite.html

Irfan View - graphic-file viewer
http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/english.htm

Print Folder - Prints the contents of any folder.
http://no-nonsense-software.com/

Hot Lingo - Spell checker for IE (Great for these forums)
http://www.hotlingo.com/

Zone Alarm - Fire Wall
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

Yankee Clipper - A super powerful Windows clipboard extender.
http://www.yankee-clipper.net/
Password Pro - ZDNet's Password Pro 32 is a handy utility that helps you track your various passwords
http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000...tml?tag=lst-0-1

AVG AntiVirus - Anti-Virus progam
http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.htm

Copernic - search utilities
http://www.copernic.com/products/co...asic/index.html

Relevancy 47.3%

As per request from boopme new Error start-up (stop:c000021a) New Fatal thread - on thread started - Original thread here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic htmlSummary of problem Computer Thinkpad T XP Pro SP Symptoms Parent s computer used to visit website that was probably cause of successfully eradicated Dropper BCMiner infection on another machine While visiting suspect website mouse pointer disappeared causing parents to panic and do hard shutdown of machine via power switch All attempts to boot up from HDD since then have failed with BSOD and quot stop c a Fatal Error The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x quot Actions taken Have followed instructions at http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows xp-system stopc a-fatal-error-the-windows-logon-process bfc ca-f c- d - -abc about replacing winlogon exe file but no success Machine will now only boot using Hiren s BootCD using Mini XP on there as operating system Was able to run Spybot S amp D from that which reported clean Fatal Error (stop:c000021a) on start-up - New thread Cannot run MBAM Machine will not boot at all from HDD even using Safe Mode or last known good configuration OK so that summarises what was in the other thread As per instructions from boopme I tried running DDS and Fatal Error (stop:c000021a) on start-up - New thread GMER Unfortunately all DDS did was cause the machine to hang and the only way out was to do a hard reboot Don t know if this is a result of having to run the machine using an O S on a CD but I suspected it could be so I placed DDS on the C drive rather than the desktop and tried again but the machine still hung just the same I then tried running GMER from the desktop and Fatal Error (stop:c000021a) on start-up - New thread it also had an issue It launched OK but then a pop-up message appeared saying quot X i system config system The system cannot find the file specified quot Clicking on the message then closed the entire program without the chance to save a log file Hiren s BootCD also has an older version of GMER on it so I tried running that with the same result although a slightly different scan result I was able to get shots of the screen using my digital camera that show the on-screen scan results which I ve included below Scan from desktop Scan from CD So as things stand right now I can t run DDS at all and GMER also seems to have a problem Hope the info and pictures help in some way

A:Fatal Error (stop:c000021a) on start-up - New thread

Hi lather,My name is etavares and I'll be helping you with this issue. Now that we are working together, please only follow my instructions, otherwise we'll end up working against each other and potentially create further issues. Please reply within 2 days of my posts or this thread may be closed so I can help other members.Do you still need help? Do you have access to a working computer? Do you have a blank USB flash drive we can use?-etavares

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474173/fatal-error-stopc000021a-on-start-up-new-thread/
Relevancy 47.3%

Unless you are an authorized Majorgeeks Malware Expert/Helper/Malware Fighter, please refrain from posting in this area of the forum unless of course you started your own thread here asking for help with malware removal.

Thanks for understanding.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/do-not-post-in-a-thread-you-did-not-start-in-the-malware-removal-forum.296375/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I dont know how to put a link to the other posts we had I tried to get Combofix and it Says Windowas cannot find combofix make sure you typed name correctly I copied and pasted it and tried to type it in manually several times and thats the message i got Then I Clicked on the link windows update and it says this The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view The options provided below might help you solve the problem I ran tsg Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Sempron tm Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce LE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC NAOS start Windows include in a link Support a you XP t Solved: and Next should new thread Antivirus Microsoft Solved: Next you should start a new thread in Windows XP Support and include a link t Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Thanks Joe nbsp

A:Solved: Next you should start a new thread in Windows XP Support and include a link t

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-next-you-should-start-a-new-thread-in-windows-xp-support-and-include-a-link-t.1041228/
Relevancy 46.87%

I didn t {Moved firewall after removal - virus to start unable Thread} know where else to put this so I apologize ahead of time I am working on this computer running Windows After running several anti-virus malware programs Avast Microsoft Essentials Malwarebytes EmsisoftEmergencyKit several viruses were removed I didn t note the names at the time Prior to the removal certain features wouldn t work e unable to start firewall after virus removal - {Moved Thread} g when clicking on a Control Panel applet nothing would run Those things are working now I am able to get online but certain items fail such as updating Microsoft Essentials I checked and Firewall is not running nor can I get it running I have tried running MS Fix It importing registry entries for Base Filtering Engine BFE and Windows Firewall Authorization Driver MPSDRV - doesn t seem to be running I am open to ANY ideas Here are the details from SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus None I am attaching the HijackThis log in case you need this as well nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I just restarted my system and it looks like neither Mozilla or IE can start. Minutes ago they were working just fine. Opera works just fine but when I try opening Internet Explorer I just get a blank page and when I try typing an address it goes unresponsive. Mozilla doesn't even open a window. It does show up as a process but not as an application. I just connected my phone via USB and tinkered around a little bit trying to get it to work but couldn't in the seconds in between the browsers working and not working. I'm stumped. If it's a virus, why is Opera unaffected. And why is it affecting IE and Mozilla in different ways? I reinstalled IE but it's doing the same...
Please this is driving me crazy!

Edit: Just finished a quick scan with AVG and it found no infections...I'm stumped...

A:Browsers won't start. Please need a quick answer. {Moved Thread - Possibly Solved}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browsers-wont-start-please-need-a-quick-answer-moved-thread-possibly-solved.865971/
Relevancy 46.01%

Please DO NOT post HJT logs in a thread This is not a HijackThis log reading forum It is a Malware Removal forum which means you must run this standard cleaning procedure See the pinned sticky threads i e READ amp RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide HijackThis logs only provides minimal information and is fairly useless these Do Not You A Rules Start. In Logs And Forum No Guidelines Hijackthis Did Not Post - Thread days It does not conclusively tell you if a PC has malware or not See Note below for a more detailed Forum Rules And Guidelines - Do Not Post In A Thread You Did Not Start. No Hijackthis Logs explanation If you post one inline your message will not even show up because it will be trapped in the spam filters See below Please do not send private messages to any of the helpers These Forum Rules And Guidelines - Do Not Post In A Thread You Did Not Start. No Hijackthis Logs private messages will be ignored and deleted All tech Forum Rules And Guidelines - Do Not Post In A Thread You Did Not Start. No Hijackthis Logs support help will only be provided in the forum for all to benefit from In the forum we only want authorized Malware Fighters to provide solutions Please do not post in a thread that you did not create This prevents thread hijacking If you have a malware problem please start your own thread Our team of authorized Malware Fighters will delete posts made by anyone other than the thread creator This prevents possibly incorrect information from being posted Problems with multiple PCs should each be in their own threads Do not post any logs directly inline with your messages All logs need to be attachments to your messages See this HOW TO Attach Items To Your Post If you post inline logs your messages may not even show up because the spam filters will block them Do not bump or add additional posts to your thread because any post is a bump and it will delay you getting an answer See this Don t Bump It Only Hurts You Remember that the people helping you are volunteers and are available only when they have free time to do so In line with the above item don t start another message for the same problem or ask why your thread is not getting answered We will answer it when it is your turn in the queue A new post will not get answered before your original post anyway since we work in queue order Thus it does not help you Make sure you read our policies on illegal software Warning about Keygens Cracks and other Illegal Software PLEASE do not use internet shorthand or slang Please use correct sentence structure capitalization punctuation and grammar and properly structured paragraphs We are way too busy to waste time trying to read poorly formatted hard to understand messages and may even refuse to answer your message if they are written this way NOTES Many people have the misconception that HijackThis is a malware scanning and removal tool It is not HijackThis is simply a tool that is used to identify a few older vintage browser hijackers and in some cases it will show entries for some malware that could be running at startup All it does is list a few registry keys while there are thousands of registry keys that exist and HijackThis makes no inferences as to whether anything being shown is good or bad That decision is left to a person with significant Windows and malware cleaning experience HijackThis does not even come close to showing all malware that could be hiding on a PC Anyone who has an infected computer and is relying on HijackThis without the benefit of running other scans such as SUPERAntiSpyware Malwarebytes RogueKiller Hitman Pro and a full scan from an an antivirus program even an online scanner etc are more than likely still infected In many cases where there is one malware infection there are more The goal of this forum is to remove all malware and this cannot be done properly by just seeing a HijackThis log and for many of today s current infections including new types of hijackers HijackThis will not s... Read more

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules-and-guidelines-do-not-post-in-a-thread-you-did-not-start-no-hijackthis-logs.195272/
Relevancy 46.01%

Mod edit continued from this link http www bleepingcomputer com forums t no-icons-no-taskbar-no-start-menu Hay I'm that Kleopat's friend and I want to continue in sloving Sifu No Icons, Mike:continuing - Menu Taskbar, No Thread No "start" my problem This is mine last log combofix enjoy Pr a - - - Service Pack ComboFix - Running from C Documents and Sifu Mike:continuing Thread - No Icons, No Taskbar, No "start" Menu Settings Pr a Desktop Other Deletions C Documents and Settings All Users Documents Settings Files Created from - - to - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system CMMGR EXE - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers AvgAsCln sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system image gif exe Find M Report - - -------- d-------- C Documents and Settings Prsa Application Data Skype - - -------- d-------- C Program Files FINA e-kartica - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Ultimate Cleaner - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Grisoft - - -------- d-------- C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Common Files Wise Installation Wizard - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Common Files - - -------- d-------- C Documents and Settings Prsa Application Data SUPERAntiSpyware com - - --a------ C WINDOWS system CmdLineExt dll - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Orasar - - -------- d-------- C Program Files -Zip - - -------- d-------- C Program Files HijackThis - - -------- d-------- C Program Files ChickenInvaders at - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Norton AntiVirus - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared - - -------- d-------- C Documents and Settings Prsa Application Data Ultimate Cleaner - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Google - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Skype - - -------- d-------- C Program Files HyperSnap - - -------- d-------- C Documents and Settings Prsa Application Data Google - - --a------ C WINDOWS system msxml dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system comctl dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system fltlib dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system fltmc exe - - --a------ C WINDOWS system to svc dll Reg Loading Points Note empty entries are not shown HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft windows currentversion run msnmsgr C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe background swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe Skype C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe nosplash minimized SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE NWEReboot NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe ATICCC C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe runtime -Delay RemoteControl C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe QuickTime Task C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe -atboottime gemstrmw C WINDOWS system gemstrmw exe r QuickPassword C Program Files ActivCard ActivCard Gold agquickp exe SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe Ultimate Cleaner C Program Files Ultimate Cleaner App exe HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run OptionalComponents HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run OptionalComponents IMAIL Installed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run OptionalComponents MAPI Installed NoChange HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run OptionalComponents MSFS Installed HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft internet explorer desktop components DeskHtmlVersion dword DeskHtmlMinorVersion dword Settings dword GeneralFlags dword HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft internet explorer desktop components Source About Home SubscribedURL About Home FriendlyName My Current Home Page Flags dword Position hex c cc d ea CurrentState hex OriginalStateInfo hex cc de RestoredStateInfo hex cc de HKEY USERS default software microsoft windows currentversion run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE msnmsgr C Program Files MSN Messenge... Read more

A:Sifu Mike:continuing Thread - No Icons, No Taskbar, No "start" Menu

Hello schoko_bon, I am SifuMike and I will be helping you. Combofix shows a trojan and malware, so we need to delete them.Click on start, then control panel, and then double-click on add/remove programs. From within add/remove program uninstall the following if they exist by double-clicking on the following entries:Ultimate CleanerGo to My Computer and double-click C. Go to the Tools menu and select 'Folder Options'. On the 'View' tab select 'show hidden files and folders', deselect (uncheck) 'hide protected operating system files (recommended)', and deselect (uncheck) "Hide extensions for known file types.' Using Windows Explorer, delete the following file in boldC:\WINDOWS\system32\image1.gif.exe <==fileC:\Program Files\Ultimate Cleaner <==folderPlease post a fresh Hijackthis log, and tell me how your computer is running.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71950/sifu-mikecontinuing-thread-no-icons-no-taskbar-no-start-menu/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I m having trouble locating the drivers for my computer to help me get to the internet I m posting from a different internet problem thread! connection Another computer I wasn t sure Another internet connection problem thread! if this was the correct forum but hopefully it is My computer is an HP Pavillion a c using Windows XP home edition I just reinstalled XP and I don t have the original drivers disc Finding drivers and installing them are usually no problem for me which is why this problem is frustrating me I ve been to HP s website downloaded all the drivers possible for my model and ran them Some ran and installed although they weren t relevant to my issue The few drivers that I thought would fix Another internet connection problem thread! my problem the Nvidia lan driver and NVidia chipset driver popped up saying I had to use the Device Manager to install them The only devices in my DM that display the yellow question mark are PCI Device Multimedia Video controller and an quot Unknown Device quot I have tried the quot Update Drivers quot option for all of those as well as the only device under Network Adapters Net Adapter All attempts were unable to find any suitable drivers on my computer despite every single available driver from HP for my model being on the computer Soo now I m out of options It s probably a stupid obvious fix it always is but I can t seem to figure it out I m hoping I gave all the information needed to fix this I don t know why the drivers given to me from HP aren t working Thanks for any help Edit To add the connection itself isn t the problem as the computer I m posting from is using the same connection with no problems I also did ipconfig all in the command prompt and no information pops up nbsp

A:Another internet connection problem thread!

After getting at least to SP2 Fall 2006 Original NVIDIA Chipset Drivers should be installed first.

Then Fall 2006 Original NVIDIA LAN Drivers, and then maybe graphics, audio or modem.

I wasn't sure from you description whether you did that or just tried installing randomly or with only SP1.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-internet-connection-problem-thread.844129/