Windows Support Forum

Network properties disabling

Q: Network properties disabling

Hi,

I am having a lot of users. If there is some way to disable the Network Properties. then please inform, it will be very useful....my main objective is that users should not be able to see there Ip by Right Clicking on the Network Places icon or some other way
OS is Windows Xp...

Waiting for a positive reply...

Regards

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network properties disabling

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,
I've some users added to 'Network configuration operator' on Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and they cannot open the properties dialog of network interface. I've tested the KB2157332 on Windows 7 x64 Pro
without SP1 and it works, but I cannot install it on W7SP1 computer, . I'm looking a SP1 version of the hotfix but I cannot find it. 
I've read
this and
this post but still getting the issue
Any idea to solve it?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd6896d1-1e9d-49ac-955a-2492179ed728/network-configuration-operator-cannot-open-the-properties-dialog-of-a-network-interface?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

Alright, so sometimes I get network crashes and disabling network adapters appearing randomly, but mostly in minecraft.
I have an HP Pavilion p6-2052sc and I just reformatted my pc and downloaded the 802.11n wireless adapter + some other adapter.

I'm not sure if it is the drivers/adapters, if anybody knows please tell me what drivers/adapters HP Pavilion p6-2052sc has by default. (Only network related or something)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-network-crashes-disabling-network-adapter.1045776/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

A:Can't access network properties,can't connect to network

Originally Posted by sogefurter

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28860-cant-access-network-properties-cant-connect-network.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 48.59%

HI, Ive been tring to fix someones computer over the past week, and have ran into countless issues with it lol.

recently someone on this forum help me clean the malware off of it (we are still in the process of cleaning it up) and I noticed that the network adapter continually disables itself. I have only been able to observe this change if I let the pc sit for over 5-10 minutes, then when I come back, the internet has been severed, and I asm unable to reconnect. The only way I am able to reconnect is through a full reboot.

I tried modifying the services under regedit to automatically restart if the service is stop for some reason.

thank you for the help

A:Network adapter keeps disabling itself

Until you are declared "clean" by the Virus and Malware helpers, it is inadvisable to attempt any other repairs concurrently. It will definitely upset the helpers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adapter-keeps-disabling-itself.187774/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey everyone,

Got an issue with a friend of a friends laptop. 

The person wants to turn off network discovery so noone on his network can access his PC. (this seems simple eh?)

When it does this it alerts him that he must turn on Windows Firewall to do so but he already has a firewall with a paid for Norton 360 package.

So we're in a loop. He turns network discovery off --> Windows firewall turns on --> Norton doesn't work until you turn Windows firewall off --> Network discovery turns on.

Any ideas here?

A:Disabling network discovery.

It is a sad but true statement that Norton does not play well with others.

There are two simple things you can do.  Get rid of Norton and download a free antivirus like Avast free, there are good firewalls which are free as well, Comodo is a good example.

The second thing is a question they need to ask themselves... if they don't want other accessing their computer why are they on a network?

Another thought... use a wifi router to make your connection and don't let anyone know the password.

Five ways to protect your wifi router.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540882/disabling-network-discovery/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys,

I install novell network accidentally and i've tried to log on computer only but my laptop is asking for username and password which I never set up because this laptop was new and the safe mode isn't activated yet. Now, I dont what to do beacase i cant get through safe mode and i dont how disable this novell network app. Is there anyone can help me regarding this big problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/46478-novell-network-disabling.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm running a W7 64 bit machine and was wondering if there is an easy way to temporarily disable Network Adapters on my machine?

A:Disabling network adapters

Hey rocks911,

Hope this small tutorial can help you and you get what you are desiring to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319071-disabling-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

The network adapter keeps disabling itself and I have to manually re-enable it each time. Would anyone know of any reasons why this would be happening? Anything thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

A:Network card keeps disabling

One all purpose fix is to delete the device in Device Manager after booting to safe mode. When you reboot in normal mode Windows will reinstall it. You may want to copy all your settings for the NIC if anything is other than default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/345863-network-card-keeps-disabling.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I know this is probably a very very stupid question. I dont know much about my computer and i need to know...

if i disable my network connection...
will i be able to enable the same connection again later?

sorry. and thank you.

A:disabling the network connection

Yes, you can disable/enable them at will.

You might have to re-enter a password though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disabling-the-network-connection-207066.html
Relevancy 48.16%

i cannot access the properties of my network connections, all i get is a popup window
saying "unexpected error has occured"
i've tried microsoft suggestion of registering ole32 and netshell but these did not help.
i've scanned with av and malwarebytes and nothing shows in event viewer at the times i
try to access the properties button of any of my network connections.
please help
thank you for your time

A:cannot access network properties

Dont know if you have a wireless connection or no, but have you read this from microsoft?? Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272828/cannot-access-network-properties/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 48.16%

I Network adapter properties could really use some help I have figured out what is causing my issue and will explain the best I can Relatively new network with wired desktop and wireless laptop through Netgear router I narrowed the issue down to Power Management of Network adapter properties the Wireless Network Adapter If the Wireless Network Adapter is set to its default properties including Power Management-- gt Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power when I fire up the laptop it connects right away but the problem is the Network Map is not correct the laptop doesn't show it's information including IPv If I manually uncheck and recheck the TCP Network adapter properties IPv box under Networking the network disconnects and reconnects and the map is good with the laptop showing its IPv address But if it goes back to sleep the next time it wakes Network adapter properties up and connects the map will be wrong So if I disable Power Management-- gt Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power the network map appears correct and the laptop shows it's IPv info problem is and it's a big one it takes one to two minutes to connect to the router So either I live with the wrong Network Map everything still is networked as I am using Homegroup or I live with a delayed connection to my wireless but the Network Map is correct This is a new laptop and I already reinstalled the Wireless Adapter there are no updates to the drivers I'm tempted to to do something related to TCP IP Perhaps reset it to default since there does seem to be some relationship to the IPv setting But I just don't know what to do at this point I'd really appreciate any help

A:Network adapter properties

Turn off that option to allow it to turn off the WiFi. If the system goes to sleep the WiFi will be turned off with it. If you are using the system you certainly don't want the WiFi to be turned off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249807-network-adapter-properties.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Today, I turned on my secondary laptop (which hasn't been used in months) was greeted with a start up error which ended up needing to repair the "SYSTEM" boot partition . Now I got the system running but can't get any adapters to work. When I first logged in every network adapter had code 31(could not load driver). I was able to get around that by manually uninstalling each on and letting it re-install. Now each adapter has no properties so there is no internet connection at all. I mentioned the start up problem because I am not sure if the two are related at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:All network adapters have no properties.

Hi ben,

Did you install an updated version of the driver or the same one ? What is the exact model of the laptop
To get the model number enter this command

Code:
wmic computersystem get oemstringarray

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283170-all-network-adapters-have-no-properties.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This sometimes happens.
Sometimes when I turn on computer or when I exit the game my internet connection is not working.And I find one more network (undefined public network).Then I must disable that network and run troubleshooting problems then it detects network adapter is disabled.Why is this happening,and how you I resolve it to never happen again?
I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 RC and my modem is HG520s.

A:Network Adapter is disabling automatcual

Is it possible for you to upload a screenshot of your network connections...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/134968-network-adapter-disabling-automatcual.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello people:

I run a dual boot WinXP and Win2K pro config. I've noted that Win2K will behave strangely when I disconnect from the network (disabled under network settings). For example, the mouse pointer will become slow and often a clicking sound seems to come out of nowhere as if I were laying on the keyboard. Otherwise, the system runs fine with the network connections enabled. How to fix....?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2k-goes-abnormal-when-disabling-the-network.725102/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am a teacher in a computer Classroom. We are on a school network and certain students abuse the internet privalages. Is there a way for me to restrict the internet for a certain computer in the network besides unplugging an ethernet cord?

A:Disabling internet on one computer in a network

Sounds like a question for your Network Admins.
We had a Network Group we could put the kids in when we wanted to restrict Network access. This of course has to be done on the server level. If they were in the NO INTERNET group they were blocked from the Internet on the Proxy Server that goes out to the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-internet-on-one-computer-in-a-network.1030895/
Relevancy 48.16%

If this question belongs network in java using while Crash ie after disabling elsewhere Crash while disabling network after using java in ie please let me know The problem I recently started playing chess online The site uses Java for the game interface it works fine When I leave the site or close Crash while disabling network after using java in ie IE still no problem However if I then try to diasble my local area conection via the network connections the comp crashes If I have auto restart on failure off i get BSOD I have tracked error code after code to no avail here's the details Details only happens after using that site and java and then trying to disable connection The event viewer has no error logs at all except for which it generates for Crash while disabling network after using java in ie the crash event All drivers are up to date as far as I or a driverguide can tell No hardware has been added or changed and chkdisk scandisk confirms all drives operating normally All virus adware hook virus ADS Hijack this scans are clean Memory memtest is clean Error report and dump logs are as follows Any help in interpreting this info or a solution is much appreciated P S I highly suspect this is a driver issue although I can't figure which Or an IE issue P P S Only once the crash happened after closing IE before I tried to disable the network but after about times of the problem happening the exact same way i have not been able to duplicate that instance P P P S I have tried driver verifier but dont understand it well enough to inerpret any data it gives Computer Info OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire E System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD R -B SMBIOS Version Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Using IE most current version no betas or RCs or anything like that System Error Time PMCategory Type Error Event ID User N A Error code c parameter parameter parameter parameter afd Bytes d System E f rror Er f f ror code c d Param eters c c c afd Words d f f f d c c c Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is C WINDOWS Symbols Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Sat Nov GMT- System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck C afd WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for win k sys Probably caused by win k sys win k BRUSHSELOBJ BRUSHSELOBJ Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL c An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool Run the driver verifier against any new or suspect drivers and if that doesn't turn up the culprit then use gflags to enable special pool Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg afd address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR xC CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt ExFreePoolWithTag f afd mov dword ptr eax ecx CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME iexplore exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from a to afd STACK TEXT b f c a f nt ExFreePoolWithTag x f... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crash-while-disabling-network-after-using-java-in-ie-126291.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Well I got a free computer from my work because it was not working. The problem was that the power supply was busted. Now that I have a free working computer I cannot log in becuase it still ask for my work password and user name.
My question is if there is anyway I can bypass this and use this computer?

Relevancy 48.16%

I have searched the forums and cannot find this info elsewhere If this question belongs elsewhere please let me know This is my first post and I will do my best to make it concise yet complete The problem I recently started playing chess online The site uses Java for the game interface it works fine When I leave the site or close IE still no problem However if I then try to diasble my local area conection via the network connections the comp crashes If I have auto java after disabling in while network Crash ie using restart on failure off i get BSOD I have tracked error code after code to no avail here s the details Details only happens Crash while disabling network after using java in ie after using that site and java and then trying to disable connection The event viewer has no error logs at all except for which it generates for the crash event All drivers are up to date as far as I or a driverguide can tell No hardware has been added or changed and chkdisk scandisk confirms all drives operating normally All virus adware hook virus ADS Crash while disabling network after using java in ie Hijack this scans are clean Memory memtest is clean Error report and dump logs are as follows Any help in interpreting this info or a solution is much appreciated P S I highly suspect this is a driver issue although I can t figure which Or an IE issue P P S Only once the crash happened after closing IE before I tried to disable the network but after about times of the problem happening the exact same way i have not been able to duplicate that instance P P P S I have tried driver verifier but dont understand it well enough to inerpret any data it gives Computer Info OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire E System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD R -B SMBIOS Version Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Using IE most current version no betas or RCs or anything like that System Error Time PMCategory Type Error Event ID User N A Error code c parameter parameter parameter parameter afd Bytes d System E f rror Er f f ror code c d Param eters c c c afd Words d f f f d c c c Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is C WINDOWS Symbols Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Sat Nov GMT- System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck C afd WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for win k sys Probably caused by win k sys win k BRUSHSELOBJ BRUSHSELOBJ Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL c An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool Run the driver verifier against any new or suspect drivers and if that doesn t turn up the culprit then use gflags to enable special pool Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg afd address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR xC CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt ExFreePoolWithTag f afd mov dword ptr eax ecx CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME iexplore... Read more

A:Crash while disabling network after using java in ie

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crash-while-disabling-network-after-using-java-in-ie.517567/
Relevancy 47.73%

Whenever I try to change my network connections I get the following error:

Cannot write phonebook.
Error 624: The system could not update the phone book file.
I am also having other issues that may or may not be related see threads:

http://forums.techguy.org/t294765.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294528.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294305.html

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-properties-of-network-connections.294815/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm having major problems with my ip configuration settings I want to be able to use a fixed ip address and gateway for my wireless network connection The problem is that after I've properties BSOD network changing after changed the configuration of the IP version connection properties to the fixed ip I want to use and ok it My system crashes with a Stop error Bsod implicating the file tcpipreg sys as the culprit I ve tried disabling Ip version as I thought that maybe they were clashing somehow but other than that it seems I m stuck using DHCP which is annoying as the reason I am trying to switch off DHCP is to solve another problem Namely that Every BSOD after changing network properties time I BSOD after changing network properties start up my computer my connection shows Limited or no connectivity and I am forced to either Diagnose and Repair my connection or ipconfig renew in order to get an outside connection The adapter is a Realtek RTL and is an integrated device on my Asus P N -SLI Premium Motherboard

A:BSOD after changing network properties

I'm wondering if this helps anything.

This is from WinDbg.
Sorry it makes this such a long post.

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.8.0004.0 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP]
Kernel Summary Dump File: Only kernel address space is available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Vista Kernel Version 6000 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 6000.16575.amd64fre.vista_gdr.071009-1548
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02000000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0219af70
Debug session time: Fri Jan 11 12:23:45.207 2008 (GMT+0)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:38.097
Loading Kernel Symbols
............................................................................................................................................................................
Loading User Symbols
PEB is paged out (Peb.Ldr = 000007ff`fffd3018). Type ".hh dbgerr001" for details
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffa8007ed2ff8, 1, fffff98006b5dfef, 0}

Page 4ffb8 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 5037a not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 500cb not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4fdc9 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4ff0a not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4ff0a not present in the dump file. Type &qu... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-changing-network-properties-210744.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I’m using Windows 2000 server, the NIC card as 2 ip address I’m trying to remove one of the address as I moved the Web Page to a different computer But when I right click on the network neighborhood I get the hourglass for 3 sec. And then nothing. I tried restarting the server in safe mode with network support (same result). I tried replacing the NIC Still I could not access the TCP/IP configuration. I’m wondering if there is a way to remove the address from the command prompt or some other way.

Thank you.

Sqwerty_L

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-neighborhood-properties-problems.68772/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Have three win xp machines on lan will search and find all three but while two will show the lan network properties, one wont . I need the properties of the netcard to set tcp/ip and dns .
have tried uninstalling the netcard no help! uninstalled xp networking components no help.
any help please Regards Alan G

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

A:Network Connection Properties not Opening

Originally Posted by rat170

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

Do you have a backup you can restore from? thats a quick easy fix for it.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246852-network-connection-properties-not-opening.html
Relevancy 47.73%

If I change the folder properties accessing a shared folder (say pictures) over my home network, will it alter the folder's properties on the drive on which it resides or just the folder on the machine I am using to access the folder?

I am accessing my pictures folder on my desktop from my laptop from the other side of my house. The pictures and videos folders are set to "general items", the customize tab of the properties on the folder is set to "general items" when I access it from the laptop. If I switch the pictures to "pictures" and videos to "videos" on the laptop, will it alter the folder in the desktop on which the folder resides?

Hope this is clear enough, Thanks for any help, I have a hard time with sharing and permissions.

A:Folder properties when sharing over network

If you are able to connect to the folder, either locally or over the network, and managed to change it, then it will or should be changed. I'm sure you are not referring to doing ith with different user profiles, right? Best way is to try it and find out

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50820-folder-properties-when-sharing-over-network.html
Relevancy 47.73%

as you can see the properties button does not lit up and remains grey out although i click on IPV4, why is this happening? i was open it a few years ago

A:Unable to configure network properties

Have you done this? Change TCP/IP settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282106-unable-configure-network-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Has anyone seen an issue with trying to access the properties of a network share and getting absolutely nothing? Just upgraded to Win10 from 7. We are in a windows 2008 domain with 2012 and Win 10 machines.
We have regular accounts and admin accounts. The regular account can see get properties for the folders/shares that it has access to. The admin account, when run using "run as a different user" cannot generate the properties dialog box at all. This worked fine on Win 7.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45581-windows-10-network-share-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I'm stumped as to why Explorer crashes whenever I try to view properties on any of my network connections. Its quite possible that I've messed something up in one of many tweaks. I just don't know when it happened.

The event viewer shows the following error:

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2649, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037e9f."

Is it possible to re-install just the networking components for WinXP, or do I have to do a full fresh install?

Inso

Relevancy 47.73%

I am working on someone's XP Pro SP2 Box, and I cannot change the properties of any network connection. When I right click on the connection and click properties is says "Do not have sufficient privileges, contact your administrator"

I am the Administrator, logged in as the administrator account, and the machine is not on a domain.

Any Ideas what setting could cause this, and where it is?
I wasnt even aware you could lock administrator out...

Thanks -
Mike

Relevancy 47.73%

When I go to my network connections and attempt to display the properties of my dial up modem properties(my default internet connection with MSN)...so that I can enable the firewall...nothing happens. Nothing. The computer doesn't hang, no error message pops up. It just doesn't respond. I have tried several times with this problem. Microsoft had me uninstall all of my network connections and then reinstall to see if that changed anything...but nothing. I had this issue once before but can't remember what I did to correct it.
I'm running Win XP on an AMD 850 Athlon PC Clone with 512MB RAM, with a 100GB HD.
If anyone has encountered this or can offer any help I'd be very grateful.

A:Dial up network properties won't display!

How are you access it? Have you tried within IE and selecting Tools, Internet Options, and the Connections tab?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-network-properties-wont-display.72479/
Relevancy 47.73%

I believe I messed up the network settings on my machine not via the router but via control panel when you right click on the Local Area Connection gt Properties gt IPv IPv and some network reset properties? Completely all more places I can't remember and that's the problem Another thing is when I type ipconfig all I Completely reset all network properties? see that DHCP is not enabled and I remember it used to be enabled In IPv and IPv properties everything is set to automatically so I dont know why web pages take too long to load Mbps connection the rest of computers on the network are surfing the web fast I also get an error a few times a day where the little symbol of the LAN in the taskbar has a yellow exclamation mark and I need to right click and do the Troubleshoot problems and at the end I always get quot The default gateway was not available quot and it's fixed but keeps coming back I tried something I found on Microsoft help page and ran the following cmd netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt That didn't help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402610-completely-reset-all-network-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
What can be keeping me from accessing Network Properties of my Dial-up?
I open the shortcut icon, then right-click on my dial-up, but nothing happens.
I have a working thread going ( in this forum titled Possible Bug? ) regarding a problem with Generic Host Process errors, and need to get into the properties to enable the simple Windows firewall, in SP1. I've tried in Safe Mode too.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
patmac

A:Solved: Can't Access Network Properties

You will need to delete and recreate your dial-up connection. Make sure you save any phone numbers that it dials and any usernames/passwords.

I used to work tech support for earthlink, and that was the only thing we could do to resolve this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-network-properties.503478/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am not able to access or change my network settings.

Windows XP Home SP 3

I do the following:

Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties.

Then get these error message

"Some of the controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more other Network property sheets
are already open. To use these controls, close all these property sheets and then reopen this one"

Tried rebooting, tried disabling local area connection then rebooting and re-enabling still no luck.

Only other thing I can think of is that I tried VMWare (new browser version) did not like and uninstalled it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:unable to access network properties

For diagnostics: Boot in a safe mode with networking and try if it works....Begin tapping the F8 key every few seconds as the system boots up until the screen offering the Safe Mode option appears.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211109/unable-to-access-network-properties/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello people:

I run a dual boot config (Win2K & XP pro) with my system. Under Win2K (SP4), if I disable the network through any known method, it causes the mouse to become really slow and sometimes a rapid clicking sound in the background, as if someone were holding a key on the kb. Even if I reenable the network connection, the mouse pointer will remain slow. It seems that a warm boot fixes the symptoms until I disable the network.
Otherwise, the system runs completely normal. I'd obviously like to fix this so that I don't have to have the network connection enabled 24/7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-the-win2k-network-causes-abnormal-behavior.724821/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm using windows xp and every time a user logs in it offers to remember passwords when a user logs into the network or any servers. Does anybody know how to disable this?

A:disabling saving network user passwords

Go to Start | Run
Type in regedit
Find one, the other or both of the following keys in the left pane:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Policies\Network

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Network

In the right pane, you may see DisablePwdCaching, with a value of 0 (zero), double click to change the value to 1 (one)

If it doesn't exist, right click the key, click New | DWORD Value
Name it DisablePwdCaching,
double click to change the value to 1 (one)
For all users I suggest that you use the HKey_Local_Machine to set the policy
You will need to log off Windows for it to take effect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-saving-network-user-passwords.142270/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a problem with disabling the network user name and password prompt I have desktop and laptops all running win Ultimate x Everything Password Help for Win ulitmate Prompt & with disabling x64 Network was working find till I had a fatal crash HD crash Had to reinstall everything new on a Fresh HD With the New install my laptops can't access my desktop with out a network name and password HOWEVER my desktop can access share files on both laptops Help with disabling Network Password Prompt for Win & ulitmate x64 but not the other way around I've had things working Help with disabling Network Password Prompt for Win & ulitmate x64 before and nothing has changed except the new OS install on a new HD I don't understand what I am missing All comps are able to see each other I just cant get rid of the prompt for the user name and password when trying to access the fresh install on my desktop I've gone in to the advance network sharing settings and check the radio button to quot turn off password protected sharing quot That should have done the trick It seems to work on my laptops but NO DICE Last desperate thing I even set up a HOMEGROUP which i never needed to since i got the file share to work fine BUT even in the HOMEGROUP the same prompt for a user name and password keeps popping up when trying to access the desktop and Not from the desktop to the laptops So I have to be missing a really simple setting somewhere please help

A:Help with disabling Network Password Prompt for Win & ulitmate x64

I am absolutely confused!!!

I made a second user on the desktop computer and the same user (name and pass) on one of the laptops.
Turned ON the password protection setting on the desktop.

Logged in on the laptop with the same user...and then on the laptop that is not the same user and file sharing WORKED ON BOTH????

Deleted the same user on the laptop and file sharing stopped and password prompt came back...but the untouched laptop with no settings changed can still access the DESKTOP computer?

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195780-help-disabling-network-password-prompt-win-ulitmate-x64.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I ve had this issue before and a simple router reset fixed it last time Not this time however and I have no clue what to do I ll explain in detail guest and disabling enabling network will connect. After nothing whats going on I purchased a WNDR v probably around two months back and since then After enabling and disabling guest network nothing will connect. I haven t had any issues with it Now I like to keep the security setting on WPA -PSK for the security but my brothers and my own Nintendo DS don t support this security for connecting So since my previous router had a guest network I decided to activate and deactivate that network with no security when it was needed Half hour or less and I haven t had any issues until doing this with the WNDR v Basically what happens is after disabling the guest network again no wireless devices can connect to the router PERIOD Upon trying to connect it also says quot You are unable to connect right after it verifies the password I spent a few hours trying to fix it but I haven t gotten anywhere really What I have tried-v -Resetting the Router -Powercycling the Router -Resetting it to factory defaults and restoring previous settings -Enabling and disabling the network -Deleting the original network saved on the computers and connecting as if from a new network -Also tried restarting my computers -Updating the firmware For some odd reason I couldn t find any firmware last week I researched it a bit and found some solid leads but nothing that fixed the issue The only quot Fix quot I could find was disabling the security and leaving it open Which I would prefer not to do for obvious reasons Any help would be greatly appreciated Router Type Netgear Wireless Dual-Band N Router WNDR v Firmware V nbsp

A:After enabling and disabling guest network nothing will connect.

Why not use WPA-PSK? Most devices support that, and in practice it is just as secure as WPA2.

Sorry, but I have no clue about the cause of your current problem. Suggest that you make sure you have the latest firmware and then reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-enabling-and-disabling-guest-network-nothing-will-connect.1072029/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all,

My laptop tends to install all the printers on the network where I work. I dont use any of those printers and having them installed is pointless and a pain. I can delete them, but it will go and install them all again. Is there anyway I can disable this so it doesn't keep doing it?

A:Disabling Auto Network Printer Install

You just turn off that feature. See Drivers - Turn Off Automatic Driver Installation - Windows 7 Help Forums Even though it is for 7, it works for Windows 8.x.x.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47259-disabling-auto-network-printer-install.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm running Windows 7 and have seen other posts on this, but none of the resolutions seem to work for me. I'm unable to connect to the internet - my desktop can view other computers on the network, but the internet is still screwed up. Under active networks it sees my work network, and then one named "Unidentified network." Tech support will fix it, but then upon restart, it goes right back to being disabled.

I've done route delete 0.0.0.0, disabled and troubleshooted the adapter, updated my drivers, disabling the firewall, and there's no bonjour to be found. I'm running out of ideas here - any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have up until a few days ago been able to modify and save my network properties ok I connected a new DisplayLink USB docking station that lead to an update of some sort I believed this to be 8 Not Properties Saving Network Connection Windows to do with associated drivers I Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving let this go ahead and it may well have nothing to do with the problems I have been having First of all I couldn't even see the IP parameters and kept getting an error as follows quot In Order to Configure TCP IP You Must Install and Enable a Network Adapter Card quot The wired and wireless was working in environments where I could use DHCP so I was confident the hardware was ok Uninstalling the drivers and then updating them has got me passed this problem so I can see and edit the IP parameters However now they are never saved I edit them close the window re-edit them and they are back to automatic settings I need to use static settings in the office So far as I can see there are possibilities I don't have permissions to save these settings wherever they are stored But I have administrator permissions Where are the settings stored I have saved them before How can I get access to be able to save them again Something else is overwriting the settings How do I find out what and stop it Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Or a way to diagnose solve my problem Thanks in advance Steve

A:Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving

Have you tried running a system file corruption scan/repair using the sfc /scannow command?

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32329-windows-8-network-connection-properties-not-saving.html
Relevancy 47.3%

This is a fairly new install of Windows 8 pro (within the last month), and while trying to set up a static ip up today I found that I was unable to access the network properties or disable the connection in the Network Connections. I am pretty stumped as I am the only user of this computer and from what I can tell have the correct permissions to do so. When trying to check the properties it tells me "an unexpected error has occurred" with no further information.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

A:Unable to access properties of my network connection.

It sounds like you aren't using an Admin account on this machine.

Under Computer Management, Local Users and Groups>Users, you should see your name there, under the Member Of' Tab, you should be listed at a member of the Administrators and Home Users. You can add the credentials if you aren't.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21814-unable-access-properties-my-network-connection.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently recovered from the Agobot worm and a couple other viruses (serv1ces.exe and microsoft.exe). However I noticed today that nothing shows up when I try to access the Device Manager or my Network Properties. Is there a way to rectify this?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have symptoms that I am having trouble getting rid All of them started Network Properties Connection Nowfind, WebSiteViewer, nights WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties ago and I have been trying to get rid of them since then First of all I have something called WebSiteViewer that keeps coming back even after it appears that it has been removed I have read WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties other logs on this forum about it and I have tried some of the advice but with no avail Second when I open a web browser it is going WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties to www nowfind net Third if I click on my Wireless Network Connection properties the window disappers without opening the properties So for so more detailed information on what I know about what is going on The WebSiteViewer has installed in C Program Files WebSiteViewer There are five files in that directory ban dd dlr exe and ico There is also a shortcut on my desktop and a shortcut on my Start Menu for the exe There is also a misb exe file in my root directory C that I believe is related as it has the same icon There is a process with an image name of dlr running I started out by manually deleting all of this stuff and manually shutting down the process I have also tried Spybot and Adware Both of these programs also found the WebSiteViewer stuff listed above as well as a few registry keys dealing with them They both seemed to remove everything however after a reboot everything comes back So somewhere there is something still living that reinstalls everything once I reboot The www nowfind net problem I initially tried just setting my default URL back to blank as I had it Which it accepts but then the next time I open a browser it is back If I type a URL without the preceding http then it automatically goes to www nowfind net however if I fully qualify the URL with http then it goes where I expect In the registry for HCU and HLM under Microsoft- gt Internet Explorer there are a number of entries that have the www nowfind net URL including Search and SearchURL Then under Main still under Internet Explorer there are Default Page URL Default Search URL Search Bar Search Page and Start Page And then under Search in CustomizeSearch and SearchAssistant I have tried deleting all of these registry entries manually However they come right back even without a reboot I can delete them then just refresh and they are right back So here again something is running that puts them back If I view my available Wireless Network Connections then hit the advanced tab then select my network and hit configure or properties then the window just disappears instead of opening the properties The last thing that I should mention is that I have also run CWShredder and TrendMicros virus scan the web version that is available from a link that I found somewhere in thisforum I am running XP and I also am running an outdated version of McAfee that came free on my computer Now I have never run HijackThis before I simply downloaded it and ran it I ran it while all of symptoms above were present as I stated AdWare and Spybot will remove the WebSiteViewer comes back after a reboot and the www nowfind net comes back right away I also read somewhere on the forum to use the KRC HijackThisAnalyzer so here is the result txt from it Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - Service McAfee com McShield McShield - Unknown owner - c... Read more

A:WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

...A Reflection On Spyware...

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

...greyknight17 DOT com...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/websiteviewer-nowfind-network-connection-properties-42318.html
Relevancy 47.3%

When I click on the properties tab for my NIC in Workstation 4.0 I get "cannot configure software component" message, how do I resolve this? I am trying to figure out my network settings. IE: Full or Half Duplex.

A:Network Adapter Properties {Moved to Networking}

This isn't a tip or trick. I'm going to transfer this over to the Networking forum.
Check for updates there

Well, I can't seem to move it. I've alerted TechGuy and this thread will be moved shortly.

[This message has been edited by ich (edited 08-29-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-properties-moved-to-networking.29049/
Relevancy 47.3%

The probelm only happend on 1 win7 PC, suddenly the PC slow to open some network printer properties that also makes slow to print.

1. On the PC nstalled 3 Network printer A,B,C open B properties is normal fast, but slow to open A,C.
2. Others PC also installed those 3 network printer and No problem.

I have replace NIC, Reinstall/Repair Win7 but no success, How to trace/diagnose PC to Printer communication so I can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks

A:Slow open Network Printer Properties

Printer shares often work more quickly and efficiently with uPNP enabled in your router, depending upon exactly what you are calling a network printer...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208665-slow-open-network-printer-properties.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Just got a laptop with Vista Home and I want to install this onto my home network (MSHome) that has 5 other WinXP systems on that network. When the laptop was setup it chose a default network group called Workgroup or something like that and I cannot figure out how to get this computer navigated to the MSHome network.

A:Solved: Can't change home network properties

Control Panel (Classic view) - System - Advanced System settings -Computer Name.
Then "Change"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-change-home-network-properties.729556/
Relevancy 47.3%

The wireless network properties box is missing. I have a Satellite pro 4600 with Linksys card for wireless and every thing worked once before. I replaced the hard drive with a new one and rebuilt the system. After installing the Cisco PEAP supplicant software to be able to logon at the college the box is now missing. I've tracked the problem to the PEAP software overwriting files on Win2000 sp4.
Or so the masters at M/S claim. Their advice was to reinstall Sp4. This didn't work. All of the information I have for configuring wireless cards for Win2000 show this box and it was there the firt time I set up the system. I have reformatted the hard drive twice then Installed Win2000 pro and the Sp3 and Sp4 using two different Install cds. I did not install the PEAP supplicant and still no box.

Thanks Rezehk

A:Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Did you install ALL the motherboard drivers for the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-pro-wireless-network-properties-box-missing.311041/
Relevancy 47.3%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 47.3%

HI all am trying to change the ip address manually. to unbrick my router. so I go to my network and click properties to change the tcp ect. and the famous Unexpected error accured pops up. I try all the regsvr32 ect. stuff and nothing works. I have windows 8 pro. those anyone know how to fix this?

A:An Unexpected error accured Network properties

Is it really bricked or is it in limbo? I had one I thought was bricked, turns out i just had to wait it out to finish the firmware upgrade.

What model router is it?

Were you trying to install DD-WRT?

if you think that its just a configuration problem, then go to device manager and uninstall your network driver, then click on the action tab on top and click scan for hardware changes, and let windows reinstall them in their default settings. Now try your custom IP.

Did you do the 30-30-30 reset? (press and hold the reset button for 30 secs, unplug router, wait 30 secs, plug router in while still holding the reset, then after 30 more secs, release the reset.) Do not release the reset at any time, til the end.

If it has not completed the firmware upgrade then do not do the 30-30-30 reset until its done..

Brooklyn!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/25371-unexpected-error-accured-network-properties.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Friends I have a Gateway NV managing enabling/disabling not well network adapters Win8 L U amd a -based quot laptop with win it works pretty well except for a Win8 not managing well enabling/disabling network adapters few things that I suspect are related and I suspect all three are due to how is managing the drivers of the devices - Network performance in terms of starting up latching the WIFI AP successfully and getting online is unreliable oddly it seems that it does not like disabling the Ethernet CAT device leaving the WIFI enabled If I leave both enabled wifi performance seems more stable gaining and holding the connection - When I disable the CAT connection using the windows adapter settings pane the utility will hang but not consistently sometimes it hangs until it is forced to stop via taskmanager or restart but not always sometimes it merely takes a VERY long time - showing the hated hourglass while it takes as long as - minutes - Shutdowns and or restarts can take an extremely long time However it seems again that if both network adapters are enabled builtin wifi and builtin Ethernet the reboot or shutdown seems to go a bit more normally - Sometimes the WIFI will not actually connect as evidenced by IE and or Chrome being unable to access the network if I check windows using the taskbar widget it will show the system quot Connected to quot the AP and having quot Internet Access quot That little utility is mis-reporting When I DISABLE the WIFI adapter via control panel util the little taskbar widget may or may not still show the WIFI Device as quot Connected quot I assume that the adjustment of that feedback mechanism is caught waiting for something so slow to respond to the disabling of the device Yes I have uninstalled via windows both devices AND their drivers and reinstalled each using fresh checked driver files from Gateway Acer all the issues were there before and after all tips advice helps appreciated

A:Win8 not managing well enabling/disabling network adapters

Hi cognus,

You seem pretty well versed in troubleshooting so I doubt that I can help you; however, I will make the following statements based on my experience with Windows 8 and this experience comes from using a desktop and Laptop on a daily basis:

Win 8 is the fastest starting OS I've ever used - 6 second boot to desktop
Win 8 has the fastest shutdown times I've ever experienced - desktop about 1-2 seconds, laptop about 3-5 seconds
My laptop has no wifi connectivity issues under Win 8 - in fact, I could almost swear that it is running faster than Win 7

Now, if I were you, and I were starting to troubleshoot this issue, I would be focusing on the connectivity to the router, the protocols being used by your desktop and laptop, and the capabilities of the router. So, is the router Win 8 Ready. Can it handle both IPV4 and IPV6? The reason I'm focusing my attention in that area is because I had an old router when I first installed Win 8 and my connection speeds seemed to be suffering a bit; however, once I upgraded my router to one with 10/100/1000 ports that was IPV4 and IPV6 capable (eg Win 8 ready), everything improved immensely. Please understand that I am just generalizing here so take the information for what it might be worth. Good luck.

Oh, one more thing. Did you do a clean install of Win 8? If so, what partition structure did you end up with? 350MB system reserved + the rest to C: (for a legacy install)? If not, and you somehow did a Win 8 install, using the original Gateway partition structure, I can almost guarantee you that this would cause some issues.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/27805-win8-not-managing-well-enabling-disabling-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all,
I have created a universal Windows 7 Pro 64-bit image. There are zero issues when using this image apart from one. When I add it to the domain, it seems to set the NLA service (Network Location Awareness) to Disabled when it was originally set to automatic. Now, I can set it back to Automatic, but it's a real pain and I have been searching far and wide for a fix. Does anyone know why this would happen? As far as I can tell it doesnt happen all the time, but most of the time when I add a PC to the domain. From what I can tell, it isnt part of the group policy, as non-imaged win 7 pro 64-bit PCs do not have this issue.
Is there some way I can prevent this from happening? I'd be grateful for any help anyone might offer.
Thanks,
Seanboy

A:Network Location Awareness Service - Keeps disabling itself in Win7

From what I read about this problem may have to do with one of the Windows updates and that resetting winsock is supposed to fix it. To reset winsock just follow the procedure below.

1. Click start, type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe, click Run as administrator, and then press Continue.

2. Type netsh winsock reset at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

Note If the command is typed incorrectly, you will receive an error message. Type the command again. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt. Then, go to step 3.

3. Type exit, and then press ENTER. You should be prompted to reboot, if not you should reboot and test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/95791-network-location-awareness-service-keeps-disabling-itself-win7.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have stopped and disabled the "Function Discovery Resource Publication" in services.msc, yet my computer continues to be discovered on the network, with access to all shared files etc... I have restarted the PC several times and tried starting/stopping/re-disabling twice as well. I know it was working properly (invisible on the network) yesterday. How is this possible?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390523-stll-discovered-network-even-after-disabling-service-fdrespub.html
Relevancy 46.87%

For at least a few weeks now my PC is non-stop generating network traffic about kB s while doing MULTIPLE_IRP network error when message disabling connection absolutely nothing - all download no upload I never knew why but since it didn t really cause any trouble I didn t pay any more attention to it Since a couple of days though I m having some trouble and I can t figure it out by myself When MULTIPLE_IRP error message when disabling network connection I boot my PC everything is perfectly fine for about minutes After that it starts generating that weird network traffic and I can t access any other computers on my LAN anymore can t ping hostnames can t ping IPs can t MULTIPLE_IRP error message when disabling network connection access them through windows sharing VNC anything I can still access my router and internet works just fine as well So I tried messing around with some settings and when I tried disabling my network connection I got a bluescreen that said MULTIPLE IRP COMPLETE REQUESTS and then at the end STOP x x DBB F x D x x pic added in attachment - there s a bad flash in the middle but it only covers the regular BSOD text If there s anything I should translate please tell me After a reboot the previous paragraph repeats itself If I wait for the Weird Network Traffic of Doom to start and then I disable my network connection I get the bluescreen again I looked around for a while and tried some solutions that worked for people with the same x error but nothing worked for me I also tried updating my chipset drivers to the most recent ones downloaded today from nvidia com but that didn t help either Oh yeah there are no s or s in device manager - something someone asked in a similar thread just thought I d answer that in advance My motherboard is an MSI K N-SLI Platinum with an AMD GB ram a GF GT and a Promise PCI S-ATA ATA controller USB-wise I use a wireless keyboard mouse receiver a wired keyboard that I sometimes switch for a camera or memory stick and two external hard drives Running Win XP Pro SP If there s any info I left out please let me know Any attempt to help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I've been experiencing a variety of problems Google redirects resultant searches redirect to advertisements or another search engine Random spawning of web page google com webhp Network becomes disabled Network settings in unprintable letters On boot up no desktop icons or taskbar just wallpaper Using any form of anti-Spyware anti-Malware or AntiVirus results in Debug window unhandled Win exception in svchost exe Gmer would result in auto reboot or debug window svchost exe Attached files attach txt ark txt Sections C drive GMer died using the orig settings DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by redirects, Google gone disabling, Icons Desktop network OCONNELL at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Google redirects, network disabling, Desktop Icons gone Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Google redirects, network disabling, Desktop Icons gone Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe c oracle ora bin ORACLE EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files VMware VMware Server vmware-authd exe C Program Files Common Files VMware VMware Virtual Image Editing vmount exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files VMware VMware Server vmserverdWin exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C My Downloads Security dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www metacrawler com uDefault Page URL hxxp www msn com mDefault Page URL hxxp www msn com mStart Page hxxp www msn com uCustomizeSearch hxxp ie search msn com uSearchURL Default about blank mWinlogon Userinit c windows system Userinit exe BHO HelperObject Class c d-c - c - -fce ad c - c program files techsmith snagit SnagItBHO dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO MSN Toolbar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c program files msn toolbar msneshellx dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB SnagIt ff e -abde- eb-b e-d aab cabe - c program files techsmith snagit SnagItIEAddin dll TB MSN Toolbar e ed c- cb - d -b e -ab c c - c program files msn toolbar msneshellx dll TB FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - No File TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB -D C - - FA - E EAAC - No File TB BC A- - D - AC -E B A BA C - No File EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File EB amp Discuss bdeade f-c - d -bced- a c ab f - shdocvw dll uRun ISUSPM quot c program files common files installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler uRun H PC Connection Agent quot c program files microsoft activesync WCESCOMM EXE quot mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun ccApp c program files common files symantec s... Read more

A:Google redirects, network disabling, Desktop Icons gone

Attachments for the above post
Cheers
Brewmeister

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/google-redirects-network-disabling-desktop-icons-gone-525834.html
Relevancy 46.87%

English is not my native tongue Network printer issue properties/advanced settings I apologize for any misspells or Network printer properties/advanced settings issue similar in advance I m connected to a Konica Minolta C network multifunction printer I have never had any similar issues with any other of my printers Let me also say I work in traditional Desktop view I have no issue printing not once did it refuse a print job Issue below are not tied to a specific software I ve experienced it in software from at least Microsoft Autodesk Adobe Foxit When opening Print Dialog I am mostly not allowed to go to Printer Properties Printer Advanced Settings I say mostly because every now and then I am allowed When hitting the Properties button my system freezes A popup dialog box appears stating different things but the last couple of times it has been A RPC Remote Procedure Call could not get through Or similar remember I m not using an Network printer properties/advanced settings issue English system I hit OK At this point the software is frozen and locked I have to go via Task Manager and Kill Task Meanwhile all other running programs are not affected So the story above could just as well include a slightly different popup dialog box message but the problem is the same I can always print with my standard settings but if I want for example multicolour or duplex I have to have a separate printer installation for that So if I go to my Control Panel - gt Units and Printers I do actually face the exact same problem I enter C Printer Settings but if I now try to go to Printer Properties Printer Advanced Settings everything freezes for a second flashing in system background colour and I m back to Desktop view Then if I update reinstall my printer driver everything suddenly works like a charm I don t really know if it works for a specific amount of times entries a specific amount of time or until next system restart As said I could make a number of printer installations like Simplex B W Simplex Colour Duplex B W and Duplex Colour But I want to understand what is wrong too Win x C driver Resultat av download - KONICA MINOLTA Sverige Thank you so much for your interest in my problem

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/32297-network-printer-properties-advanced-settings-issue.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Team,

I have a problem with my Local Area Connection. I have installed the driver correctly and can access the internet also. But when I go to Open Network and sharing center -> change adapter setting -> I can not see Local Area Connection icon appear. My OS is windows 7, HP System.

A:Local area connection is not showing in network properties

Welcome to Seven forums mail.

Can you please post a picture of Device manager and a picture in the adapter settings where your local area connection should be?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331350-local-area-connection-not-showing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello: I have three PC?s in my home office connected by a Network.

On one of the PC?s, I see the Network ID is greyed out on ?system properties?.

I already have followed all the known troubleshoot procedures:
1. Enable Network Discovery
2. Uninstall, reboot and install Microsoft Networks Client
3. Run sfc /scannow

However, the Network ID remains greyed out.

Anybody can bring new lights on these.

Thanks

A:Network ID greyed out on “system properties” Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote: Originally Posted by Dinamicor

Hello: I have three PC?s in my home office connected by a Network.

On one of the PC?s, I see the Network ID is greyed out on ?system properties?.

I already have followed all the known troubleshoot procedures:
1. Enable Network Discovery
2. Uninstall, reboot and install Microsoft Networks Client
3. Run sfc /scannow

However, the Network ID remains greyed out.

Anybody can bring new lights on these.

Thanks

Please run ?Services.msc? and navigate to Workstation service; ensure the service is enabled and started, or restart the service. Then try again.

Try using a domain administrator account (regarding appropriate permissions for network administration).
The local administrator account only has administrative access to local resources on the PC - i.e. does not have administrative privileges on the network
Regarding access and use of a domain administrator account:
I.e. you're a user at your company - so you should contact your companys system administrator regarding company policy.

I.e. if this is BYOD (your own device) it will probably not be joined to the domain.
If its a company workstation (laptop) - he will rejoin it to the domain.

As a rule of thumb - and may be confusing you here, do not expect yourself - even though a superuser with local administrative privileges - to finalize redeployment of windows, apps and data in a company domain. I.e. in a company you usually don't control access to payrolls etc. (you should not have that kind of administrative configuration access - even if a company owner you could mess things up giving "unauthorized" access. Even a domain administrative account is not used as a "user" account - only configuration). I.e. with user accounts i.e. local administrator you don't control access to private network ressources in the company. I.e. you cannot join network ressources - joining to a domain means connecting with the private web service in the company basically controlling identification and internal access to company wide resources. So that service hides some complexity as well.

Delegate the job to your companys system administrator and let him complete the work if this is a company workstation
... that you may have reinstalled yourself using the local administrator account without using the companys deployment services - i.e. automated deployment (i.e. PXE network boot to the companys Windows Deployment Services or Symantec Altiris etc.). If no automated deployment is available at your company then the component (responsibility) of deployment services are manually executed by the system administrator (automated deployment availability at your company will typically depend upon complexity i.e. the number of computers owned by your company - but even for a small number of workstations the benefit of Windows Deployment Services is great ...)
Basically, the finalization of software configuration for a company managed computer must in part be managed by the system administrator, i.e. rejoining the computer to a domain - which effectively means the administration of the computer from this point on is delegated to the domain controller and thus automated management of i.e. authentication and authorizations.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366038-network-id-greyed-out-system-properties-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Whenever I select my wireless adapter right click and choose quot Properties quot the properties window freezes and results Viewing freezing. properties network adapter a in along with Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing. it the explorer Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing. window Some time ago I had disabled a bunch of services some of which were related to networking I had done so because they were causing intensive CPU use problems while they were being loaded I realize now I should of set them to manual and I have set as many as I can remember to manual but the problem still exist Is there something else I could try to undo this problem and aside from this everything else works fine with no internet or network problems nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by vpwin Name --Description ----Status ------Startup Type --------Log On As ActiveX Installer AxInstSV --Provides User Account Control validation for the installation of ActiveX controls from the Internet and enables management of ActiveX control installation based on Group Policy settings This service is started on demand and if disabled the installation of ActiveX controls will behave according to default browser settings ------Manual --------Local System Adaptive Brightness --Monitors ambient light sensors to detect changes in ambient light and adjust the display brightness If this service is stopped or disabled the display brightness will not adapt to lighting conditions ------Manual --------Local Service Adobe LM Service --AdobeLM Service ------Manual --------Local System Akamai NetSession Interface --Provides networking protocol and file transfer technologies If the service is stopped those applications that depend on the service may fail to transfer files or otherwise function properly ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Apple Mobile Device --Provides the interface to Apple mobile devices ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Application Experience --Processes application compatibility cache requests for applications as they are launched ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Application Identity --Determines and verifies the identity of an application Disabling this service will prevent AppLocker from being enforced ------Manual --------Local Service Application Information --Facilitates the running of interactive applications with additional administrative privileges If this service is stopped users will be unable to launch applications with the additional administrative privileges they may require to perform desired user tasks ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Application Layer Gateway Service --Provides support for rd party protocol plug-ins for Internet Connection Sharing ----Started ------Manual --------Local Service avast Antivirus --Manages and implements avast antivirus services for this computer This includes the resident protection the virus chest and the scheduler ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Background Intelligent Transfer Service --Transfers files in the background using idle network bandwidth If the service is disabled then any applications that depend on BITS such as Windows Update or MSN Explorer will be unable to automatically download programs and other information ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Base Filtering Engine --The Base Filtering Engine BFE is a service that manages firewall and Internet Protocol security IPsec policies and implements user mode filtering Stopping or disabling the BFE service will significantly reduce the security of the system It will also result in unpredictable behavior in IPsec management and firewall applications ----Started ------Automatic --------Local Service BitLocker Drive Encryption Service --BDESVC hosts the BitLocker Drive Encryption service BitLocker Drive Encryption provides secure startup for the operating system as well as full volume encryption for OS fixed or removable volumes This service... Read more

A:Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing.

Can you share with us your list of services, and if they are enabled/manual/disabled or whatever. We may notice one more that might need to be enabled.

Once that's ruled out we can look at other causes? Any suggestions any1?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91559-viewing-network-adapter-properties-results-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

i have a laptop Toshiba A200-13R (core duo 2.0(T2450) ghz, 512+2 Ram
(667mhz) 160GB hdd). As a factory product it came with vista home basic. I
installed xp proffessional as dual os. Both were working fine. 3 days before
i have bought ram to upgrade but that is bad system was giving plenty of
errors so i replaced the old Ram. after that if i connect the network cable
before starting the system it is working fine. if i start without network
cable connected system is neither opening the network connections nor the
system properties. i tried the following

* Restored from the restore points before upgrading the ram
* Tried to reinstall the LAN Driver it's not able to update the driver
* Tried to update windows xp but it's not responding and staying the step
Collecting informations for ever.

so please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-prof-not-able-to-open-network-connections-and-system-properties.622399/
Relevancy 46.87%

Is there a freeware program to view WZC profile information from the command line? I found one that allows you to display the profiles themselves, however to display the profile properties I haven't found one.

I could also use direct registry edits if I had to, using the reg command. The problem being, that it would appear that the information is stored in binary format, which I've got no idea how to even manually pull the profile name from. The only thing that information seems to give me, is the abillity to later manipulate the order of the networks, that is maybe. I don't need that part yet, but will later on. I guess, since viewing the profiles is so slow, direct registry edits "might" be preffered. This is WZC I'm concerned about, not any third party utillities. I'm using Windows XP, and it's SP2 or later.

A:View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Researching further, it looks like nobody knows how to pull the information from the registry. I've got Windows XP, so netsh wlan won't work. It looks like this is leaving me now with 2 solutions to get some of this information.

Solution 1: Use some kind of programming API to get the information and display it from the command line. I've therefore heard that there seems to be an interface called the WZC native API. If that's true, how would you use it in AutoIt or in a BATCH file or in a VBScript? I've never used anything like it before, so I need detailed explanations of what the code does, except for that doesn't mean I need to know all the internals of every function. But I need to know how to use it. I know BATCH files well, but I don't really know the full VBScript or AutoIt languages, though I can make some of it's code out anyway.

Solution 2: Somehow maybe use AutoIt in another way to read the properties from the dialog box. I know from research that this is probably possible, but I don't know how to do it. And what I need to do, is hide all that visible clicking going on, even if I'm doing some clicking. That is - hide it from the end user. It's nice to see it moving on the screen, but I'd rather not see it if I were the end user, in this case.

Now keep in mind, that at this point, all I'm trying to implement in these programs, is a way to do exactly what you can already do in Windows XP by default (but it has to be compatible with Windows XP Home, Pro, and MCE), except for from the command line. This is just one small part of a larger picture. I'll then be able to use that command in my other parts of my code that I need it in. So my general rule that I need to follow, is if you can't do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you can't do it in this program. If you CAN do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you CAN do it in this program. But everything is from the command line, in the end result. If Windows XP already provides a command line, which in this case it doesn't, I should use it. If that's not possible, I should use the registry, but I guess that's not possible if nobody knows how. If that's not possible, I guess I'll try to use a VBScript, and if that's not possible, I'll try to use AutoIt. But the end result is a command line program.

I hope this starts to get me down the right track. It took this weekend to find this information so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-wireless-network-properties-from-the-command-line.774772/
Relevancy 46.87%

Originally posted by navguy how can i fix the following error message quot the system cannot log you on this domain because the systems computer account System of Network Properties Win2kPro: Missing Identification Tab out in it s primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect quot I have already created user accounts on the pdc but i cannot logon using my domain admin account I logon using the local sys admin account and i can see the domain controller and all it s shared files but when i try to log in using my domain account i get the message above Any help would be appreciated Navguy I was able Win2kPro: Missing Network Identification Tab out of System Properties to fix the problem For those that Win2kPro: Missing Network Identification Tab out of System Properties ever see the problem here is the fix just remove you workstation from the domain and then add it to the domain again Right click network neighborhood in the identification tab click on change then just click on workstation apply you do not have to reboot then just click on change again then add it to the domain and that s it Click to expand Well has anyone ever seen a W K Pro computer in a similiar situation with the identification tab missing I am able to log on as the local admin so I can change the computer name to join the domain but the tab is missing I know I am in the right spot but not sure why it s not Thanks nbsp

A:Win2kPro: Missing Network Identification Tab out of System Properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2kpro-missing-network-identification-tab-out-of-system-properties.150673/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm running windows 2000 server with SP2 on a Compaq Proliant 1600 with an embedded NIC. I noticed that the ethernet adapter does not show up in the My network places properties. I have tried to get it back with tweekUI, Removing it from Device manager and reinstalling it, and ran an in-place upgrade. I have also disable the embedded NIC and tried adding a new PCI ethernet adapter, it too fails to show up. I can see the card in the command line. I have tried the netsh command to tie an IP address to the adapter and made it persistant, but the changes are lost on mandatory reboot. In order to keep the server up and running I have made it a DHCP client so I can use the machine. All comments are welcome on this one.

A:NIC card doesn't show in My Network Places properties

**** UPDATE **** I found a MS KB article on this and it was the dcom issue that eas the problem
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=254631:cool:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nic-card-doesnt-show-in-my-network-places-properties.120098/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,

at work we are having a small home network of 6 Pcs four of them running on Windows 7 Ultimate and two of them running on windows xp.
Since one of the pcs running on windows 7 Ultimate will be accessed by a wider number of people we don't want them to be able to see our network structure and consequently tamper with it. Therefore, we have disabled the Network List Service in System Configuration in Administartive Tools. However, when we do this the Pc loses internet connection.
I tried doing the same thing on my home pc running on windows 7 Pro and the network works fine there.
I would appreciate it, if someone let me know what is happening and how I could solve this issue.

Thanx in advance ;-)

A:Losing Internet Connectivity after disabling Network List Service?..

Hi, welcome to the forums

Is the computer connected wirelessly? If so and you're having connectivity issues then you could try the steps in the following tutorial to see if it clears it up

Wireless Network - Remove

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122026-losing-internet-connectivity-after-disabling-network-list-service.html
Relevancy 46.44%

can disabling the Network Sharing Serivce in Windows Media Player 11 cause AXWIN Frame Window: svchost.exe Application Errors?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295452/disabling-network-sharing-service-in-windows-media-player-11/
Relevancy 46.44%

I know how to enable/disable a firewall through command line. But how do I do the same for Files and Printer sharing on a network connection through cmd. This is for an xp workstation(s).

Thank you for your help.

A:Disabling/Enabling 'File and Printer Sharing' on a Network Connection through cmd

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-enabling-file-and-printer-sharing-on-a-network-connection-through-cmd.731424/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello people:

I get strange behavior in Win2K (SP4; dual boot config with WinXP pro) when I disable the network in the Network Connections folder. Afterwards the pointer begins to lag on screen. Often there is also a distinct background clicking sound that's heard as if someone were laying on the keyboard. When the connection is enabled, all's well, but a warm boot is required to bring around normal behavior. What's up here?

A:Solved: Strange behavior in Win2K when disabling network connections.

Sounds like something that's running on the machine is looking for the network connection. I think I'd start with virus/spyware scans first, and work from there. Does it have problems with the network disabled if you boot in Safe Mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-strange-behavior-in-win2k-when-disabling-network-connections.725588/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I know this is a long shot I m staying in what s basically a hotel for the next couple months I was properties - Internet to access can't but network, network Connected access no on their free wireless Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties networks up until a couple of days ago when it just cut off my internet access all of a sudden They have confirmed it s nothing on their end My roommates have had steady access on their computers no problem my iPhone as well I obviously have no access to their modem to make issues more difficult when I right-click any of the network connections a dialog box will appear but all the menu options are blank I can t do anything to the connections except rename them Anything else yields a message box with no message if there s any other way to access the TCP IP properties that would be great Right-clicking the connection and clicking properties is the only way I know of I have tried winsock repair uninstalling reinstalling wireless driver and just about everything else I could think of ipconfig all gives me the following output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List bc hsia telus net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bc hsia telus net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - -BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ee bcd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - B- -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cgocable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap McMaster CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EB EB - D- C - B -CDD br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap no-domain-set bellcanada Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FE-CEA - DD-B CE- CA C br D E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA - D E- C A-AD -B br E F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c b ecb b c ... Read more

A:Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties

Appears you are on Vista ( Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] )

and running from an Admin Login (ie Owner and other than maintenance, you should be using a Limited Account, eg: UAC but solve that latter)

Disconnect from the router
Goto Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
Right click on ?Local Area Connection? & click ?properties? option.

scroll and find the Internet Protocol V6
clear the [x] preceeding that line
click ok

get a command prompt (run->cmd) and enternetsh int ip reset
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-network-but-no-internet-access-cant-access-network-properties.149976/
Relevancy 46.44%

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

A:How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So on windows 7 when you "Manually create a network profile" and close you can see a list of on networks via the gui and modify them as needed. However i am unable to find this on windows 8 and newer. I know the profile is there via the command
"netsh wlan show profiles" but am unable to get back into the properties in the gui.
Please advise.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/964e429f-678b-4d25-bf88-88d40b7677e5/create-network-profile-then-close-unable-to-get-back-to-properties?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 46.44%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 46.44%

This single computer on my network loses DNS information every time Windows auto-updates, thus losing connectivity. When I go to Network Properties, the DNS fields are blank. Updates are the only time this happens, and this is the only machine it happens on. I simply reset the settings, and everything is fine ... until the next update.

I am assuming there is some setting on this box that does this. Is anyone familiar with this situation, and can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

TBF

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1430765 MB, Free - 1403851 MB; I: Total - 305195 MB, Free - 290812 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0JC474
Antivirus: None

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-properties-dns-info-blanks-after-windows-auto-update.1057277/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I recently updated the driver for this network adapter, went from version 18.8 to 21.0. When I go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > Intel Ethernet Connection I217-V, it seems like the properties window for that adapter takes about 5-6 seconds to open and certain tabs like General/Link Speed/Advanced/Power Management/Teaming/VLANs take a few seconds to load after clicking on them.

Is this normal? I can't remember if the window for this adapter was faster loading on previous versions of the driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/397706-intel-i217-v-network-adapter-properties-slow-open.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello All Where to start Somehow one of my computers has removal program run Connection Something Disabling or and Malware Network to Allowing virus any Not obtained malware spyware virus not really sure what It will not connect to the modem at amp t dsl connected straight to the modem I have unplugged and plugged a laptop into it and it works fine so I know it s not the dsl causing the problem There are other issues as well First off it will NOT let me run Hijack This and get a log file I have tried in regular as well as safe Something Disabling Network Connection and Not Allowing any virus removal or Malware program to run mode and it shuts the program down shortly after it opens The same holds true for any virus or malware removal program that I install I ve even renamed the install file as well as the actual exe file for the programs and it does the same thing I have tried the following programs and have gotten no where HijackThis SuperAntiSpyware Malwarebytes Glary Utilities CCcleaner HostsXpert Norman Malware Cleaner program will start scan then find something and immediatly shut down SDFix and SmitFraudFix In addition when the computer boots up the following error messages pop up Followed by Any time one of the programs tries to open an explorer window it throws up this image then shuts down And this is what pops up when you try to run any malware virus program System is Windows XP Home SP Unable to obtain HJT log Here is the DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Compaq Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials On-access scanning enabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exe quot globalroot Device svchost exe svchost exe quot svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc quot C WINDOWS system svchost exe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exec windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeJ Computer Utilities dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dllTB Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dllTB amp Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB E BD F- B D- E- BE-FD BB AAE - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun updateMgr quot c program files adobe acrobat reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot uRun libcore en setup exe c documents and settings compaq owner application data f f ebd bd f f ae bcd be libcore en setup exeuRun SE c program files secess SE exeuRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exemRun HPBootOp quot c program files hewlett-packard hp boot optimizer HPBootOp exe quot runmRun TkBellExe quot c program files common files real update ob realsched exe quot -osbootmRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exemRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun REGSHAVE c program files regshave REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNmRun SunJavaUpdate... Read more

A:Something Disabling Network Connection and Not Allowing any virus removal or Malware program to run

Hello Derrick Pullen ,Sorry for the delay. If you still need help, please post a new DDS/HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it. Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358712/something-disabling-network-connection-and-not-allowing-any-virus-removal-or-malware-program-to-run/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am trying to reserve an IP for my computer but when I went to the Connection with issue protocols, missing and services Network Properties clients, properties of my wireless network connection the connection properties window is Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing missing everything except for Client for Microsoft Networks Even the connect using field has nothing Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing in it The wireless connection is working but I can t get to the TCP IP protocol to reserve the IP instead of using DHCP Here is an image of the issue An screen cap of my wireless network connection properties can be seen here http i photobucket com albums hh gremmie untitled jpg Has anyone ever seen this Any ideas to fix it Thanks for any info EDIT I forgot to mention that when I click the install button and click either client service or protocol I get an error message that says quot Could not add the requested component The error is The system cannot find the file specified quot so I can t reinstall the TCP IP Protocol to reserve the IP nbsp

A:Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing

Click on install then choose protocol then add and see....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-properties-issue-with-protocols-clients-and-services-missing.692118/
Relevancy 44.29%

Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t experiencing-rundll-error-windows-on-start-up OBThis all started when my BF clicked on a fake virus alert He scanned the computer right away with MBAM and caught various things but even when we rebooted webpages Properties for Network start windows locked, up, error Rundll and Connections redirect. open on certain programs couldn't start up Firefox was fixed with help from the apartment complex's service provider but SAS couldn't get Updates and I've had to reinstall AVG Free Ed I've also reinstalled IE and Yahoo IM which were outdated and had start up and log in problems because of the infection Uniblue Registry Booster does not seem to have any problems starting and Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect. functioning Since then I've caught a few things with MBAM SAS and AVG but the system is definitely not clean yet I still get redirects and trojans or roguewares pop up from time to time that are caught by AVG FREE EDITION While trying to get rid of the RUNDLL error windows with Moderator boopme I discovered I could not access the Properties button or Right-Click Properties for Network Connections A Network Connections window pops up that says unexpected error occurred I was instructed to post here using - of the Preperation Guide I tried to make a GMER log but the Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect. first time through AVG prevented it from going past a certain point After disabling AVG temporarily it finished quickley but froze before I could save the log and while I was trying to enable the AVG Resident Sheild The third scan took much longer than the second scan but ended in a blue screen that said there was a problem detected and that Windows had to shut down to prevent damage A file was listed pwtdipog sysUnder it was PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREARestart instructions were included there after followed by Technical Information whiich I can post if needed Here are my logs from Steps DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Gina at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster rbmonitor exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Documents and Settings Gina Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp neko-sentai com uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmlmStart Page hxxp www yahoo comuInternet Settings ProxyServer http uInternet Settings ProxyOverride uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo comBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ... Read more

A:Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect.

Hello Kou_Kagerou, My names Syler and I will be helping you to solve your malware issues. Sorry for the delayin replying, we are very busy at the moment.Please note we are very busy, so if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.Download and Run MBR Rootkit Scan Please download MBR Rootkit Detector and save it on your desktop. Go to Start >> Run then copy and paste the following line into the run boxcmd /c "%userprofile%\desktop\mbr.exe" -t& start mbr.log Select Run when you recieve a Security Warning The process is automatic, a black DOS window will appear and disappear suddenly. This is normal. A log file will the be created on your desktop where you ran mbr.exe from. Copy and paste the contents of mbr.log on your next reply.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfigdrivers32CREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: MBAM log mbr.log OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333978/properties-for-network-connections-locked-rundll-error-windows-open-on-start-up-and-webpages-redirect/
Relevancy 44.29%

Ok, im new to this site and also pc's, so dont go using all these pc terms.

I saw that you can disable an integrated card. I have an intel extreme graphics 2 card, but it wont let me play Battlefield 2 on it.

I have a Compaq 2700, intel 4, my chipset is intel i865P/PE/G/i848P.

CAn someone tell me how to disable it; what would be the best graphics card to buy; or if i can install a graphics card even though i stil have my integrated one?

Thx for taking the time.

P.S Battlefield 2 demo is out now and i cant play it

A:Disabling? I need help on disabling a integrated graphics card

Check on the compaq website for your system to see whether the graphics can be upgraded.

Also please don`t start another thread, just because no-one has answered this one.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-i-need-help-on-disabling-a-integrated-graphics-card.26456/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have a folder of home videos that I 6.41Gb says says folder 2.67Gb, properties properties *.* back up to a USB key with Syncback The key is nearly full and I'm trying to reduce the size of that folder But here's the thing If I folder properties says 2.67Gb, *.* properties says 6.41Gb right-click on my 'Home videos' folder and select 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb However if I open the folder and search for to show all the files then select all right-click 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb Still at the bottom of the Windows Explorer window it says items selected This is the case on both the folder in My Documents on the PC and also the matching folder on the USB key Treesize also shows Gb for both folders In fact as far as I can figure what with everything else on the same USB key there wouldn't even be room for a Gb folder I've tried showing both hidden and system files and folders but there's nothing extra to see Can anyone please explain this anomaly I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399832-folder-properties-says-2-67gb-properties-says-6-41gb.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi first of all I m not a tech whiz so please bear with me enabling/disabling SSID network broadcast. disconnection, Solved: solved by Wireless My home network consists of a SpeedTouch ST Solved: Wireless network disconnection, solved by enabling/disabling SSID broadcast. ADSL modem and a Cisco WRT G wireless router I have a desktop under a wired connection and a notebook in another room that connects wirelessly Both of them use windows Almost daily the wireless connection disconnects after some time of usage and stays that way From what I can tell it seems to occur randomly My desktop however remains connected so it s not the entire internet is down Through some tinkering I discovered that I could get the notebook to reconnect by either enabling or disabling my SSID broadcast depending on which setting it was in the first place I do think it s related to my desktop though This problem occurs ONLY when both desktop and notebook are on If I m only using my notebook there won t be any disruptions Anyone has any idea what s going on Could someone be hijacking my network Any help will be appreciated thanks Btw I used to use a Wire unit which was a modem and router and did not encounter such problems before nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless network disconnection, solved by enabling/disabling SSID broadcast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-disconnection-solved-by-enabling-disabling-ssid-broadcast.1087901/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 42.14%

Im getting this when I try to open any of my Network Items in Network Connections; "an unexpected error occurred". I have found the supposed solution on the Microsoft Knowledgebase but the answer did not fix the problem for me.

Any Ideas... (other than reboot)

oh, i also have used system restore to no avail.

A:Network Properties "an unexpected error occurred"

Network Neighborhood issues .. is the computer stand alone or networked? .. was it once networked and not anymore? .. if it is networked with another machine are the workgroup names the same?
Peter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-properties-an-unexpected-error-occurred.227374/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to add a refurbished HP system Windows System 7: change setting network Properties Can't > ID setting to my menagerie It had Windows Pro bit installed when I got it I went through the setup without any problems created a user account for myself Lewis set the system name Windows 7: Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting to TestPC and started installing and testing some software Simple internet access Windows 7: Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting web page browsing is working fine Today I connected and external disk drive from a Windows XP system and I was able to successfully read anything on it But when I attempted to delete a file I was told I needed permission even though I am the administrator I found some instructions at Microsoft for changing ownership of the files on the external drive so I did that It was then that I noticed the user name shown was Lewis TestPC Lewis and I was still not able to delete files on the external drive Being primarily a Unix person I have been fumbling around looking for something that would indicate why Windows felt the need to attach the system name to user names In Computer gt Properties gt Computer name domain and workgroup settings gt System Properties gt Computer Name gt Network ID I found a selection with the following description quot This computer is part of aa business network I use it to connect to other computers at work quot Since this is not true I selected the other option and worked my way back out to restart the computer After the restart that erroneous setting was still there I have tried several more times to change it but they have all failed Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Lewis

A:Windows 7: Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting

Hi Lewis, welcome to the Seven Forums.

The \\DOMAIN_OR_PC_NAME\USERNAME combination is not erroneous, it's how Windows keeps track of users in your network (even if said network only has one Windows PC).

For Windows, when a computer does not belong to a domain, the PC name is used instead of a domain name. I am currently typing this using a laptop with name AGM-W8LAP02 (my own naming policy, my home network is called AGM and this is Windows 8 Laptop number 02). My complete username for this user profile I am currently using on this computer is \\AGM-W8LAP02\Kari. This combination \\DOMAIN_OR_PC_NAME\USERNAME does separate my user profile Kari on this computer from user profile Kari on other computers. User \\AGM-W8LAP02\Kari is not the same user than \\AGM-W7DESK01\Kari.

For Windows it's easier and more logical to use this naming policy even if your PC would be the only one in network. If you now add computers to your network which also contain user profile Lewis, Windows does not have to change the system to be able to separate users not only from other users on the same computer but also from same users on other computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332361-windows-7-cant-change-setting-system-properties-network-id-setting.html
Relevancy 41.71%

in XP is there anyway to disable that when it says "a network cable is unplugged" besides disabling the lan completly? I have a laptop that I connect to this computer sometimes and that message is annoying

A:disabling "a network cable is unplugged"

I think you would have to disable all balloon tips. You can do this by downloading the XP Power Toy TweakUI and disabling them thru that or just edit the registry.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729&sd=tech

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-a-network-cable-is-unplugged.409965/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am trying to configure a home network to share printers and files, but for some reason one of my two computers cannot see the other. My laptop cannot see my desktop when I go to "Network" but it can see my other wireless devices. My desktop can see everything on the network, including the laptop. I have checked all the firewalls, including McAfee settings.

One thing that I found to be strange was that in Network Properties for my wireless network, the desktop shows "networking" AND "sharing" tabs, but the laptop is missing the "sharing" tab. I think that this might be the problem.

Also, I forgot to mention that the desktop can ping the laptop, but the laptop will not ping the desktop.

Thank you for the help

A:"Sharing" tab is missing in network properties

Welcome to the forum
Some possible answers
Sharing tab is missing on Wireless network connection properties - Vista Help
http://www.winvistatips.com/sharing-...s-t117535.html

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286407-sharing-tab-missing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm trying to set setting > change Can't network ID Properties setting System up a Synology Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting NAS for my home network however I can only access via the Synology utility and through a browser using the Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting internal IP address It does not otherwise appear on my network I can't ping it map drives to it by any method etc Googling suggests that this problem can be linked the setting in system gt computer name domain and workgroup settings gt change settings gt Network ID and ensuring it is set to 'This is a home network' However my computer is stuck on 'this computer is part of a business network' if I change the setting it asks for a restart and immediately reverts to 'business' Does anyone know what might be causing this Any way to force the setting My network itself is set to 'home' Other potential solutions to the NAS problem are also welcome as that's what the real issue is although I feel I've hunted most of the low hanging fruit already Thanks -Kyle

A:Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting

If this machine ever belonged to a Domain then it would say that. The problem is that once you are part of a Domain you will be locked out of changing the location settings.

Domain Network: For domain networks in large corporate environments. This type of network is controlled by a network administrator and can?t be changed.

You may be able to change this by going to Winkey + R to open Run prompt and type gpedit.msc

Navigate to: Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Setting | Network List Manager Policies > Network Location tab, you may be able to change the location here but it may still be locked down by the Domain group policy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286266-cant-change-setting-system-properties-network-id-setting.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am on a small network where the printer Appears Never "Properties" Printer Network is connected to a PC WinXP The laptop Vista is on the network The printer is an HP Deskjet that is quot shared quot on the network I installed the Vista drivers for the printer on the laptop No issues with connecting to the printer and just plain printing My problem is when I want to save ink and alter the printer s printing properties I am usually printing an email or from Word So when I go to Print and choose the network printer then click on Properties the panel never appears until after I click on quot OK quot to print I tried to change the settings another way through the Control Panel -- Printer -- right click network printer Network Printer "Properties" Never Appears -- Properties Under the quot General quot tab I click on the quot Printing Preferences quot button and the panel flickers like another window was supposed to pop up but doesn t When I close the network printer properties I see another panel appear for less than a second then disappears nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-properties-never-appears.592258/
Relevancy 41.71%

i'm trying to configure my network to connect automaticaly.
i right click the network on the network list, but there is only disconnect and status.
there is no "properties" option.
on another computer there is.
the user is admin and UAC is turned off.

F#&^$%

A:don't have the "properties" option for wireless network

Go to start > control panel > network

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78454-dont-have-properties-option-wireless-network.html