Windows Support Forum

DSL constantly disconnects, help.

Q: DSL constantly disconnects, help.

Hi I have been having a problem with my DSL constantly disconnecting I like to play an online game called Rumble Fighter That s pretty much the help. DSL constantly disconnects, only game I play online It used to stay connected pretty good maybe DC DSL constantly disconnects, help. ing once in a while but lately it disconnects about every - mins I can t stay connected and it s getting anonying Here is some info about my setup DSL thru Verizon Modem Westell model W Vonage as phone company PC specs Windows Vista HP F AMD Phenom Quad Core GHz GB of DDR RAM GB HD We have also had problem with Vonage dropping calls I have have contacted them and we have done everything they can on their end to fix it so I am thinking Verizon is the problem I also ran a Line quality test and here is DSL constantly disconnects, help. the results I got http www dslreports com linequality nil Also ran DR Ping from that same site which gives me a result of which I don t know what that means and it says the following Sorry pings gave errors or timeouts from IPs were reachable Any help is greatly appreciated Should I contacted Verizon I am on the West Coast if that DSL constantly disconnects, help. matters Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DSL constantly disconnects, help.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 60.2%

Right, so before this DSL was rarely stable, it was incredibly slow. I solved the problem by directly connecting the modem (a Westell 6100) to the phone jack, as from what I've seen, the three way splitter that was used killed the connection speed. Now the results from doing this was the internet speed being increased sevenfold. The connection I have is from Verizon, not really too sure on the connection, but if it helps, the top speed I have now is about 70 kb/s. I've taken the line quality test from DSLReports, but from what it says, everything is apparently good. Another thing I've noticed too is that the Internet and Ethernet lights on both the router (A Linksys WRT300N) and the modem are constantly flashing. If anyone could help me with this, I'd be grateful, and the link to the test is here. http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2537166

Relevancy 59.77%

When on Windows 7 (release 7100, 64 bit), the wireless internet disconnects after/during downloading a file, game downloads updates, or even when playing an online game. The internet still appears to be connected to my network however a message mentions "limited access". If I disconnect from the network, I am unable to reconnect to the network (error comes up).

This issue does not occur when using Ubuntu (dual boot) or on other computers connected to the internet (using Win XP/Vista). And does not occur when directly connected to the internet.

I also have noticed somewhat of an issue that may be relating to this problem. My network adapter is Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card F5D7000. However, Windows 7 recognizes the network card as "Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card"

Thanks for any help~

A:Wireless Constantly Disconnects

I've got the same exact problem. I have a Rosewill RNX-N2X wireless adapter. My computer does the same thing - the wireless connection comes up with limited access and it won't connect again.

Along with this though, when this happens, my CPU starts getting eaten up to almost 90% usage by something. When I try to shut down, it just locks at the shutting down screen, and I have to hold in the button.

The connection works most of the time when just surfing the web, but when making my account for this site it decided to disconnect. I've tried changing the wireless security, channel, drivers, etc... When I try a wired connection, the connection stays fine under heavy load, so it must be something with wireless drivers or something..Please help!

Edit: Also, my router is a D-Link DIR-655, but I don't think it's the problem. A Windows 7 laptop does not have any problems with this using the same router.

Edit 2: Nevermind, wireless disconnects even when surfing web after about 3-4 minutes, but downloads stop it instantly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23476-wireless-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Um, I do have internet that runs perfectly but for some reason..after a good while on the internet, it disconnects and i have to reboot just to get a connection everytime. I don't know what is going on but it gets on my nerves. I'm working on a bunch of projects that need access to the internet but i can't finish them with the internet giving up on me everytime i need it. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects...

First, try another browser to see if this behavior occurs there. This'll let us know if it's a browser issue or not. Here's a link to a nice free browser (Firefox) that I use: http://www.mozilla.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72897/internet-constantly-disconnects/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all, I recently bought my first laptop (HP Streambook) and it's fine except for it constantly disconnecting from my wifi?
It only does this in my room (note that every other device I own can still pick up and keep a consistent connection in here), and when it picks up the connection, it only has 2-3 bars. It'll then go to 5 bars for about 30 secs, then disconnect completely. When I attempt to reconnect it may not work at all, or appear there with 2-3 bars again. I have reset the network card more times than I care to mention and any amount of troubleshooting won't help. I'm at my wit's end, any ideas?

A:WiFi constantly disconnects?

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, not the top of the line when it comes to notebooks/laptops. Can't rule out that it simply has a weak wifi adapter and antenna. What adapter does it have? May need to update the drivers. How far are you from the router and are there walls in between?

Also be sure the adapter is not allowed to sleep and power saving mode is not enabled.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62902-wifi-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Heres my problem, it has persisted for the past 3-4 months or so.

Randomly, but more frequently when i am gaming (WoW, Counter strike, Ventrilo, Warcraft III), my cable completely disconnects my internet and telephone (Optimum online & Voice)

The modem itself stays on but the lights for DS, US, and Online go out for 30 secs to a minute then reconnects and my internet is fine for the next 30 minutes or so until the same thing happens again.

I have switched out modems since it happened, no change.
I have switched out routers (upgraded from a WRT54GS to a WRT310N), no change.

I have seen you guys do some remarkable stuff with Hijackthis and such, if you could help me now with this problem it would relieve a lot of grief.

Thanks for your time

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects

Hi

Just out of interest have you contacted your ISP in case it is a fault with their equipment. ?

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-constantly-disconnects.109954/
Relevancy 59.77%

I've had Verizon DSL for a while now, and I'll be honest, its the worst service we have ever gotten.
It goes down consistently, and by the time i call Verizon Tech Support, internet seems to stabilize and they say there is nothing wrong with my internet.
I did a line test at dslreports and got the following result.
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2552521

Looks just fine, but what explains the constant disconnections?
Oh, their 24/7 Tech Support lines seemed to have been closed for a long time now as well. Also, when i try calling corporate, they put my on hold then hang up.

Sooo, what do you guys think?
Thanks in advance.
-Jonathan

Relevancy 59.77%

I have a new laptop with a built in 802.11G adapter. It connects to my router, but then disconnects periodically, sometimes it reconnects right away, other times I have to turn the wireless adapter off and back on before it reconnects. Any advice would be helpful. Is it possible it has something to do with SP2 as this is the first time I've ever used it and this is the first time I'm having problems.

A:Wireless disconnects constantly.

SP2 and the wireless adapters built in connection utility on alot of models do not play nice so usually you have to pick one or the other to use. As well you will probably want to check the channel your on as something else may be causing interferance. Have you tried your laptop in other wirelesas areas? You may want to do that to have piece of mind that your card and configuration of your laptop is working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects-constantly.407959/
Relevancy 58.91%

I want to apologize in advanced for my lengthy post I recently upgraded my systems to and Reconnects Wireless Constantly Disconnects Windows Ultimate -bit Ultimate edition on both my desktop and laptop and have changed my router to a D-Link DGL- Here is some information on my systems Dell Inspiron Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects desktop - wired Windows Ultimate -bit Intel PWLA GT Mbps PCI PRO GT Desktop Adapter x RJ Sony VAIO VGN-CR laptop - wireless Windows Ultimate -bit Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link AGN Wireless connection is managed by Windows D-Link DGL- settings Basic Wireless Settings Band GHz Mode Mixed n g b Auto Channel Scan Disabled Wireless Channel GHz - Channel Transmission Rate Best Channel Width MHz Advanced Wireless Settings Transmit Power High Beacon Period RTS Threshold Fragmentation Threshold DTIM Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects Interval WLAN Partition Disabled WMM Enabled Short GI Enabled I have been getting choppy speeds on my desktop and my laptop disconnects and reconnects constantly I ended up disabling a few other settings on my router which were not mentioned above I disabled Gamefuel the firewall SPI and I changed the NAT Endpoint Filtering for both UDP and TCP to Endpoint Independent This sped up my wired connection a bit but didn t help my wireless I also changed some of my wireless adapter settings on my laptop to show the following n Channel Width for band Auto n Mode Enabled Ad Hoc Channel b g Ad Hoc Power Management Disabled Ad Hoc QoS Mode WMM disabled Fat Channel Intolerant Disabled Mixed Mode Protection CTS-to-Self enabled Roaming Aggressiveness Lowest Throughput Enhancement Disabled Transmit Power Highest Wireless Mode a b g Nothing has worked I don t think it s my laptop only because I can connect to one of my neighbor s unsecured connections Another thing is that my Blackberry cannot connect to my network either It can pick up other wireless connections but not mine I used the PBC security method to set up the connection I don t know if this would help but there are at least other wireless connections that my laptop can see I normally wouldn t mind picking up free wi-fi but I would prefer to connect to my own network since I have a NAS server set up Please HELP nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I have a network with up to a dozen computers at any one time.
All have static ips
Most are wired.

The prob is between 2 wireless computers.
If I run both comps with windows xp, all is fine.
But 1 of the pcs is often booted from a live (Puppy) Linux cd.
When I boot using Linux, both of these pcs start dis/reconnecting to the network, every few minutes.
The nics both have different macs, & they are both assigned their own static ips correctly.
Another wireless pc on the network is not affected.

Any ideas why the disconnects & how to solve this prob?

PS. I am using a Netgear 824 router.

Thanks for any replies

Rob

Relevancy 58.91%

I CANNOT take this anymore Over the past two weeks our connection has progressively gotten worse and worse to the point now where I m lucky enough to stay online minutes not ISP Wireless disconnects- constantly Solved: at a time Our ISP is AT Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP amp T and before this our net used to get easily Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP disconnected by a phone call we are to get this problem in itself solved soon with filters The modem router is connected to my mother s computer downstairs She never seems to have any problems with connectivity or at least not as much as I do I m running wireless in the room right above her and I have never had this bad of a problem until recently Any wireless connection upstairs drops constantly and becomes horribly slow or disconnects completely it is still connected to the router We called our ISP and they claimed it was not a problem on their end The tech support was actually very thorough and he did everything he could from tests to helping me reset our modem back to factory settings in case there was anything possibly wrong with the modem itself- which is not that old - years give or take I ve tried multiple times to disconnect the modem and reconnect to restart the system which used to work this issue is something completely different I updated my wireless networking card driver and the problem persists I don t know what else to do and my patience has worn thin on this issue It s very bizarre and I have tried to search for anything similar but to no avail PLEASE if anyone can help let me know and if you need any more information and thank you so much in advance if you have any idea in which to help me with this problem Here is the Ipconfig if it helps at all Windows IP Configuration Host Name amie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Ada pter Physical Address - - -DA-CC-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f b da a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - F- - F-C -DB- - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - F-C -DB- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address - -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -A B - -A - FD br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c bba b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c bba b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Loca... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

After years of my laptop running flawlessly I ve started having major problems connecting to my router the internet I noticed the problems started happening after I did a huge gb download My computer constantly but randomly disconnects for random intervals of time If I do while computers constantly other not disconnects Laptop m lucky it ll connect just fine but once it disconnects it ll most likely not work for quite some time The other computers cellphones etc aren t having any problems with connecting and it s only my laptop Sometimes it seems to go on a quot Identifying Name No internet access quot loop or it connects to the router but I get no internet access And whenever I troubleshoot it it never really helps anything and I never get a consistent reason as to why it isn t working The laptop is an Asus running Windows Windows IP Configuration Host Name Katie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- B-D - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- B-D - A- F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - B- - -F -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D -E A - FCC-BCD -B DC FA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ca comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B C D-E B- FA -BDB -E C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi im new to this forum I have some problems with my network To begin i have a D-Link DI- wireless router with latest firware And i have pc's and a laptop All computers have D-Link wireless network adapters which can have a throughput of mb so can the wireless router The network is fine No problems Constantly Network Drive Disconnects My pc has a HDD that the whole network can put there stuff on they have full access to it But my brothers pc and my dads laptop keep losing connection to after a certain amount Network Drive Constantly Disconnects of time But my sisters pc has no problems it wont loose connection Here are some basic specs of the pc's Mine Windows XP Pro x SP AMD Athlon X gb SATA Master HDD not shared gb ATA Slave HDD full access gb DDR RAM Dual Channel Brothers Windows XP Home SP Intel P HTT ghz gb ATA Master HDD not Shared gb DDR RAM Sisters Windows Network Drive Constantly Disconnects Vista Home Basic Intel Core Duo ghz i think gb ATA Master HDD not shared gb DDR RAM Dads Laptop Window XP Home SP AMD Athon gb ATA Master HDD Not Shared mb DDR RAM Any ideas If you need more info just say

A:Network Drive Constantly Disconnects

Anyone going to help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-drive-constantly-disconnects-144284.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
I have ATT Uverse Internet, and an att uverse gateway, and on my computer the wireless keeps randomly disconnecting. Over the past few weeks it has started doing this more and more often, for instance today I can't get connection for more than 5 minutes before it disconnects. However, the wireless works on my other computer, Xbox, and iphone, so I'm not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 58.91%

So I recently bought a Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter. Once I got it I hooked it up to my 750gb Seagate Barracuda hard drive; it let me view the files, but after I wanted to access my user folder, it said something about not having permission and closed unexpectedly. After that happened, I shut it off. Now when I plug it into any one of my computers, it repeatedly connects and then disconnects within 30 seconds. What should I do?

A:SATA HDD to USB Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects

Try a different cable. Try the Seagate in a computer. Try a different drive in the Vantec.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/49458-sata-hdd-usb-constantly-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello For the past months or so I ve had trouble with my internet and have tried recently to fix it since it annoys me insanely Here s my setup - Sony Vaio FE laptop with Vista Home Premium -bit service pack - Router is a Verizon FiOS MI WR reconnects disconnects Wireless and constantly internet - A desktop is connected through wire and doesn t Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly experience the problems Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly Here s the problem My wireless internet constantly disconnects and then reconnects right away for seemingly no reason Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly I can t find a pattern sometimes I have no dropouts for hours sometimes it happens every - seconds for a few minutes I have tried the following - Updating drivers for both the router there was none and my wireless network card - Changing router channels to - Changing to static IP and back - Scanning my computer for viruses with Security Essentials and Spybot removing any bad stuff it found - Doing diagnostics through the router doing a ping test to my computer but it just says quot test failed quot and doesn t help me any further None of that helped and the situation remained the same From the tons of stuff I ve read online I know a few things that could be wrong but I m not sure - There s the wireless phones but the dropouts are completely independent from whenever a phone call is being made or received there s no pattern I don t know if that means anything or if it doesn t matter - I am about feet away from the router the signal has to travel from an office through a living room and into another room where my laptop is However the signal strength is described as quot excellent quot full bars - It could also be a problem with my internal network card For the longest time I ve had a problem with my WiFi switch it has become loose and I have to fiddle with it to keep it on since it sometimes moves to the off position But the dropout happens even when I m not touching the computer which could shake it to the off position and when the switch is on I thought about buying an external USB network adapter thing to bypass a possibly broken internal card but I don t know if that would work and if it would end up being a waste of money - Finally my laptop s power connection is semi-broken on the laptop itself It fell about a foot down onto where the power is plugged in which is on the side and whatever holds the cord into the computer became loose resulting in the computer going to battery for a second before coming back to AC power pretty often It usually happens when typing and there s vibration on the computer from it maybe once or twice an hour I read that using the laptop when it s disconnected from power could result in internet fallouts but the power plug has been broken for over a year while the internet problems didn t show up until about months ago So there s my situation Sorry for the long post and thank you if you read it nbsp

A:Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly

when your internet drops out, does the router still have an internet connection, i.e. is the router still getting an IP address from your ISP? since you said that the desktop is hard-wired into the router and doesn't experience this same problem, i'm assuming this is the case. it seems as though the problem lies more in the wireless connection and not the router or your ISP.

you may need to get a wireless expander because that distance seems fairly long.

a new network card or a wireless USB may help matters, but it still seems like a long distance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-constantly.915917/
Relevancy 58.48%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 58.48%

I've never had this issue before with my Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter model WMP54G. Its not much of a big problem but it is annoying! Connection is great at Excellent but sometimes it just disconnects and then automatically re-connects. It doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of loading a webpage or using the connection in any way either. I've checked for radio frequency interference and there is none in its area. The router is an Actiontec. Also whats frustrating is the connection speed even with an Excellent connection. It tops out at 54Mbps but sometimes drops to 12Mbps or 18Mbps even when there isn't heavy connection activity and the connection runs very slow. Google and web searches have not been successful. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] Wireless Adapter constantly disconnects.

How far away is the access point? What happens if you move directly in front of it? Do the problems still occur?
Are there any walls / Metal objects / fridges (large electrical components etc) between you and the access point?
You can try to swivel the Access Point aerial so it is horizontal instead of vertical or vertical instead of horizontal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wireless-adapter-constantly-disconnects-503426.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I m constantly getting disconnected on my Comcast Internet It s my primary connection but I do have a VZW BroadbandAccess as a secondary and for when I commute go on the road etc This has always happened but mostly stopped after Internet Comcast Disconnects Solved: Constantly I switched to a - mhz -Way Solved: Comcast Internet Constantly Disconnects splitter about months ago Before that the disconnects would be like every ten days Now it s happening every few hours Sometimes it resolves itself sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect the modem from the cable line powercycling doesn t do it My cable modem is a real pain to get to being at the bottom of a rack in my crawlspace It s on a cheap VA UPS with the router and some switches It always fails on establishing send channels Can tell that from the logs Which I can t seem to access anymore but that s what it always used to be Modem SB ISP Comcast Chicago Router WRT G v on DD-WRT but it doesn t really matter Does the same thing when connected to my RouterBoard but that s not setup the way I want it yet Other Stuff Airport Express as AP Print Server Speakers with DHCP turned off Should I just order a new modem Any recommendations Would a bidir cable amplifier before the splitter help nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

As the topic title says, my Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN (On this machine) Constantly connects and disconnects about every 5-10 seconds. My other machines on my network are fine.

I've tried moving the card into different PCI slots;
Changing the RJ45;
Installing drivers on the CD provided;
Installing drivers from the internet;
Uninstalling the card completely and installing as above;

Any ideas?
Any other specs you may require, just ask and i'll post them.

Windows XP (No service Packs as i just formatted. It had the same problems with SP1 and SP2 installed too)

Many thanks.

Ben

A:Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

Where are you connecting to? A router? A switch? A bridge? A hub? Another computer?
What does your network look like in general?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-10-100-lne100tx-lan-connects-disconnects-constantly.22663/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have had a problem for the past couple days. I have looked over many places on the internet and have not found a solution.

The problem is my computer ASUS ul 30-a up until a few days ago was running fine on wireless until a couple of days ago when the wireless constantly was cutting out every minute or so and reconecting 10-15 seconds later. I have reformatted my computer and installed multiple new driver from the Asus website. When wired into the router the internet works perfectly. But wireless even directly next to it does not work. Their are 2 other laptops in the house neither which have had any problem dropping connections. Another thing I fine odd is that my computer is perfectly fine on my wireless at school. I have tried resetting the router and multiple router setting but still nothing. Renew release Ip, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 58.48%

Ok I have a Dell Latitude D with a Intel Pro wireless lan mini pci adapter internal on my computer The router is a linksys wrt gs v router The laptop will constantly disconnect and reconnect from the router mostly when I am downloading something Sometimes laptop constantly disconnects Wireless network the network will lock up and disappear completely under View network connections The problem only occurs at my GF s Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop apartment And i know its not poor signal in the walls cause she just moved and have the same problems in the new place I have the same make and model router Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my place and have no problems I also have no problems when I connect to the wireless network Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my school I also have no problems with the network using my girlfriends laptop Also my ps has no problems connecting wireless to the router either so i m pretty sure the problem is not the router but is the laptop but why only having problems with this router is really puzzling me I m at a loss of what to do i updated the firmware on the router updated the drivers on my laptop and still no solution I also changed the router s channel to one that wasn t being used by any other networks in the area nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I've been trying to use my IPv6 as default over IPv4. After manually entering in the IP address into the adapter under IPv6 protocol, it would connect for 5 minutes before disconnecting itself. I would have to constantly redo just to keep the connection up. How can I use my IPv6 without constantly disconnecting, is there something I'm doing wrong?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392167-ipv6-constantly-disconnects-windows-7-xfinity-comcast.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a wireless home network set constantly Solved: disconnects on computer Wireless one network up with desktop computers and laptops Most of the computers have no problems but one gets disconnected almost immediately if the network is left idle for a short time usually takes less than a minute The only way I can stay connected is to constantly download a file browse online without stopping play a game online etc If I stop Windows XP SP still displays the network as connected usually with Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer Excellent or Very Good Signal Strength yet I cannot do anything online I can t even successfully ping the router a Netgear WGT v until I disconnect from the network then reconnect Simply clicking repair does not fix anything My network adapter is an Airlink AWLH g Wireless PCI Adapter I have all power saving options disabled so I don t believe the adapter is turning itself off I previously had an Airlink router but moved and it got lost so I now have the Netgear router Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer I never had any problems connecting the other router If I use my laptop in the same room as the desktop it has no problems so I don t think the location of the computer Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer is a problem Any suggestions of what could be causing this problem on this computer Thanks in advance and feel free to ask any questions for further clarification -Jeff nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello TwinHeadedEagle,

My web browser (Chrome and IE) also redirect to "Meet Local Singles". I follow your instructions and have 2 files. Please see the attachments. Thank very much for your help

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Task: {069C68BA-AD06-4E87-8E5E-F3C43AC230FC} - System32\Tasks\AutoKMS => C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Should you think that is not the case, please send me a private message.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54556/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I'm bombed by a harmful virus which always slowing down my internet and lots of disconnections. I also redirected to different harmful web pages (some of them are Russian porn sites and dating sites).

I scanned multiple times with Kaspersky Internet Security tools (pro) and Malwarebytes along with Adware Cleaner. They couldn't detect any infections.

Because of this virus I can't use my internet properly. Every other computer and phone at my home can connect to internet with high speed and not a single problem ever.
Here's the link I get redirected to: Meet local singles!

Please help me get rid of this virus, I'm desperate with only one choice of resetting my computer if it doesn't stop..

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Hello,

They call me TwinHeadedEagle around here, and I'll be working with you.

Before we start please read and note the following:

At the top of your post, please click on the "Watch thread" button and make sure to check Watch this thread...and receive email notifications. This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing me to solve your problem faster.
Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process. Please do not perform System Restore or any other restore.
Instructions I give to you are very simple and made for complete beginner to follow. That's why you need to read through my instructions carefully and completely before executing them.
Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.

All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.
If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.
I visit forum several times at day, making sure to respond to everyone's topic as fast as possible. But bear in mind that I have private life like everyone and I cannot be here 24/7. So please be patient with me. Also, some infections require less, and some more time to be removed completely, so bear this in mind and be patient.
Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.

Please attach all report using button below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.

Do not ask for help for your business PC. Companies are making revenue via computers, so it is good thing to pay for the repair.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.

Rules and policies

We won't support any piracy.
That being told, if any evidence of illegal OS, software, cracks/keygens or any other will be revealed, any further assistance will be suspended. If you are aware that there is this kind of stuff on your machine, remove it before proceeding!
The same applies to any use of P2P software: uTorrent, BitTorrent, Vuze, Kazaa, Ares... We don't provide any help for P2P, except for their removal. All P2P software has to be uninstalled or at least fully disabled before proceeding!

Failure to follow these guidelines will result with closing your topic and withdrawning any assistance.

Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54447/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi

I am looking a way to play a sound file, in this instance WAV file constantly after boot up or login

I have disabled windows sound login and added nnnn.WAV in the startup folder.

It plays and loops fine but pops up with the Windows Media Player, in this case.

I want it to continue playing but silent mode without Windows Media Player popping up.

I have seen HTML TAGS to do it, maybe do it that way and exec it from bat or vbs file on startup of

pc/laptop

Thanks in advance

A:Play sound file constantly after boot or login constantly

If you cant find a better way, maybe rename the standard login sound as mmm.old and replace it with your wav file, then re-enable standard windows sounds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/play-sound-file-constantly-after-boot-or-login-constantly.202320/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there and keys Alt flipping toggling, constantly Ctrl constantly screen my dad's laptop an Acer Aspire z- running Windows has one of the most bizzare problems I have ever seen He described the problem to me Alt and Ctrl keys constantly toggling, screen constantly flipping as Alt and Ctrl keys constantly toggling, screen constantly flipping the screen constantly Alt and Ctrl keys constantly toggling, screen constantly flipping flipping around and changing orientation all by itself By pressing the arrow keys you can also flip it manually sometimes I turned on the on-screen keyboard to find out that Ctrl and Alt are constantly being held or toggled Alt and Ctrl can sometimes be temporarily disabled by just pressing those keys but they will just toggle on pressed again or flicker between being pressed and not pressed On top of that whatever is going on seems to really like flipping the screen upsidedown or just flip it in random directions but usually upsidedown I guess it is doing this with the ctrl alt arrowkey hotkey combination which I didn't think was enabled And on top of this it seems to be pressing right click a lot or some equivalent because context menus often come up Bizzare right The laptop is extremely hard to navigate because it has a mind of its own Between the screen flipping ctrl and alt being toggled at random and context menus going haywire it's a complete mess It seemed to be lacking a virus program so I was able to very awkwardly get Microsoft Security Essentials installed just typing MSE into google was hard let alone installing the software and I ran a scan Problem persists Please run me through some things I can do but keep in mind that the computer is very hard to simply navigate and typing is a pain Possible just frustrating and incredibly hard Maybe a quick workaround just to be able get this solved would be to disable the keyboard or disable control and alt - is that possible Thank you -Dan

A:Alt and Ctrl keys constantly toggling, screen constantly flipping

Computer Hope has listed a few ideas on this problem. May be worth a quick look -
Flipped monitor display in Windows

Tell us if this helps or not -

Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497741/alt-and-ctrl-keys-constantly-toggling-screen-constantly-flipping/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey, this only started happening not too long ago, but what happens is I can connect onto msn properly, so I can sign in and stuff properly.
The thing is that msn gets disconnected every few minutes (I'd say at 10 minute-ish intervals).
So I get disconnected from MSN in the same way that you would if my internet got disconnected "Your connection to MSN has been lost" and stuff....
It never used to do this, and it's not my internet that disconnects but just msn
Please help

A:MSN Disconnects

I would contact MSN support to see if maybe there is a patch or an update to the MSN client? If your connection doesn't actually drop but only the software drops than I would definitely get in contact with MSN support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-disconnects.710342/
Relevancy 32.68%

IE Version: 7.0.5730.13
Internet: Cable, wired connection to my computer from a router.

When I open IE, it doesn't load a page. It says connecting, but nothing loads. I have tried toying with the settings in Tools>Internet Options>Connection. Sometimes after I try to Setup a new connection it will work after closing and reopening IE, but I can't find a pattern to it. I was using IE6 when the problems appeared. After installing IE7, the problems remained.

This problem appeared right about the same time I started having random disconnection issues with Firefox. I have loaded new Firefox profiles and have had some limited success alleviating the Firefox issues, but the IE problems remain.

Firefox is my main browser, but I need IE to view Instant Watch Netflix movies.

Any ideas?

A:IE7 Disconnects

According to your words i assume , your are facing connectivity issue with the Internet explorer 7 , But firefox is working fine .
There might be some issue with the settings of the internet explorer , to resolve this open internet explorer , go to Tools > Internet options > Advance and click on the Reset .it will reset all the settings of the internet explorer .
this will solve your issue .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-disconnects-366144.html
Relevancy 32.68%

hi,
i have strange problem from the last 1-2 days. I have frequent disconnects of LAN.
I have following things

ADSL Modem
TP-Link Wireless Router
2 PCs (1 on wireless, 1 on LAN)

i found that i remove the WAN line that comes from the ADSL Modem and connects to the Router's WAN port then my LAN dose not disconnects.

Please help me out

thnx
Coure

A:LAN Disconnects!!!

i found another thing! now i am using Direct internet using ADSL Modem with any router. I have Norton EndPoint installed i am getting this frequent error

MS RPC Network DDE BO Detected
https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=endpoint_protection11&thread.id=2133

am i facing some network attach thats y Router is not working properly?

thnx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-disconnects.717945/
Relevancy 32.68%

every time i start up a game on my xbox is disconnects from xbox live

just wondering if anybody had the same problem or know how to fix it?

Relevancy 32.68%

Hi. Anyone having disconnect problems with Windows 10? Reboot of modem fixes it. Waiting about 30 mins before retrying WITHOUT rebooting modem ALSO works! My iPhone never disconnects, so its not modem/ISP. Never happened with Windows 8.1 .. Anyone heard anything? Its annoying. Pete

A:Disconnects

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Networking is a known issue in Windows 10. You can try to reinstall your networking driver, but you will otherwise need to wait for a Windows Update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/disconnects-1033841.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I really more Lag, disconnects and lag, hope this is the right place for this Recently we switched from DSL to cable internet and Lag, more lag, and disconnects cable tv from satellite at the same time It took us six days for them to finally get things straightened out so that we actually HAD internet so from the beginning our patience was being tried with them Anyway the cable finally started working we got it networked the modem allows computers to be plugged into it directly so as to not need a router but for some reason his computer won t work plugged directly into it while mine does and things were great for maybe minutes when the first lag out happened The online light never goes off on the modem but no web pages will load For the past month this has been happening - things are fine then suddenly they start loading really Lag, more lag, and disconnects slowly then they don t load at all Sometimes messengers and WoW will disconnect but not always It s very confusing At first we thought that it might be the router so we bought another router It helped a tiny bit or seemed to at first but it s still happening Yes it happens when I m plugged directly into the modem as well Help Someone said we needed a filter put on the line I know the tech guy who set things up said he didn t put one on the poll so we d have more channels since we had to help him run the line to our house one reason I m not calling them I don t want to get him in trouble but would the cable filter and the filter for the internet be the same Or should there be another filter inside coming off the splitter Our cable runs into a splitter then one line goes to the cable box and one goes to the cable modem Arris Touchstone CM a Cable modem - Belkin Surf Wireless router - two computers plugged in via ethernet mine Windows his Windows XP sorry should have put this in networking probably I can t move or delete it fail nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

I've always played Yahoo games and have never had any problems (except with Big Kahuna). Yesterday, I began having this problem: I would begin a game. Within a few seconds, I would be disconnected from the Yahoo server. Occasionally, I'd be able to play one round of cards before getting disconnected, but usually it happens within a minute.
I am connecting thru broadband. I have a new wireless router (no problem on my husband's computer). And everything else works great except for yahoo games. Got any ideas or advice?

Thanks.
Doris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnects.720454/
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm having problems with IE7 when browsing the internet it will disconnect you after looking at a few pages.

If you open up a new IE it works fine then after a few pages it's disconnects again.

The computer also has Firefox and it won't connect at all.

A:IE 7 disconnects

Go to "Tools" select "Internet Options". In the Security tab click on "reset all zones to default level".

If things still don't work right, in Internet Options on the Advanced tab click the "Reset" button. This will bring IE7 back to "factory fresh" but you won't lose favorites.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-7-disconnects.701368/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi All I'm hoping someone on here Wi-Fi app Disconnects TomTom will be able to help me TomTom app Disconnects Wi-Fi with an issue I TomTom app Disconnects Wi-Fi am having with the latest TomTom app 'MyDrive' which is for Windows Desktop based The TomTom is a GO and due to it having a web-based OS it shows up as a Network Device rather than a Mass Storage Device when connecting to the TomTom app Disconnects Wi-Fi laptop therefore it shows as a 'Local Area Connection' Now I have been having issues that when I launch the MyDrive app everything is fine and logs me in and recognises the GO but then after - mins it blocks my Wi-Fi so that I cannot get any internet via Internet Explorer nor Firefox now if I use a Wired Connection I have no issues but this defeats the object of having a Wireless Laptop So I called the Customer Service line and they could not help and told me that the application MyDrive Connect does not alter any Wi-Fi Internet settings so I am really stumped After much searching around and testing I've come to a dead end here is what I have tested I have used a neighbours laptop W and their Wi-Fi and installed MyDrive Connect launched the app connected the GO and no issues with accessing the internet via Internet Explorer nor Firefox and still going strong after minutes I then tried my laptop on my neighbours Wi-Fi and I get the same issues as before after - mins of launching the MyDrive Connect app I get frozen out of accessing the internet through either Internet Explorer nor Firefox Before all of the above I had uninstalled all the drivers app cleared out all the internet caches and history Now I have resorted to refreshing my laptop in the hope to fix this issue thinking that maybe somewhere along the lines a Registry value has been affected corupted somehow so after hrs of downloading Windows updates and eventually getting on to W with all the Microsoft Updates loaded I downloaded a fresh copy of MyDrive Connect and I got the same issues Wired Connection Opened the MyDrive Connect app waited mins then tried the internet via Internet Explorer amp Firefox and no problems there connected my GO and it linked to the MyDrive app and again after mins no issues with the internet at all Wireless Connection Opened the MyDrive Connect app and waited mins then tried the internet via Internet Explorer amp Firefox and I could not access anything not even google co uk So then I went to the Microsoft Troubleshoot Wizard and it diagnoised the issue of needing the reset the Wi-Fi Adaptor within the laptop this I tested several times and each time after - mins on Wi-Fi I could not get any internet access This could be a really simple fix but I do not know where to turn for this as when on a Wired Connection I have no issues at all so it is seeming to be that the MyDrive app is triggering something in the settings to block the Wi-Fi I have also tried the above with all Firewalls turned off so I know it's not my Anti-Virus software blocking the access Any help advice would be great Jason

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/65787-tomtom-app-disconnects-wi-fi.html
Relevancy 32.25%

hi Boltonsquad I have a similar sounding problem.
My connection to the network is reported as excellent but randomly the actual download speed drops away to nothing.
Does yours "mend " itself after a short while and start working again...or is yours off for good. I find rebooting the laptop resolves it faster than waiting for it to do it itself...until it does it again(not good).
I use a belkin router (number can be supplied when I get home if needed) ..maybe thats the common?

A:Internet disconnects

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnects.617343/
Relevancy 32.25%

Model TD-W G Hardware Version V Firmware Version Build Rel ISP Nepal Telecom Hello I am facing problems of disconnection frequently nowadays It started about a month ago the Internet LED lights go off for like - seconds and they again come back and internet works fine again This is not a big problem while casual browsing but when Disconnects Frequent I am playing MMO s and uploading or downloading files it is really saddening I disconnect from the internet every now and then and I cannot find Frequent Disconnects the reason behind it Here is the system log gt ppp ready Frequent Disconnects ch c iface ffc gt SNMP TRAP link up gt Accept fail gt Accept Frequent Disconnects fail gt sending request to NTP server gt received from NTP server gt Adjust time to c b gt adjtime task pause day gt SNMP TRAP link down gt ppp ready ch c iface ffc gt SNMP TRAP link up gt Accept fail gt Accept failClick to expand P S - Please ignore the date differences in the log I made changes to the date Thank you for reading Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

OMG. i swear im having this same problem my desktop internet cuts off randomly and then turns back on. and i also have a viao laptop. and i think that same router. so any answers to this would be a heaven sent

A:Random disconnects

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-disconnects.610240/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all I have a D-Link g t modem router computers are hooked Network 4 disconnects about hrs after up PC s have windows has vista All PC s are mid range gaming PC s Quad Core processors gig ram reasonable video cards The network has been working well for about a year days ago I starting getting disconnected about every hrs Hard to tell exactly If I leave the network on for more than hrs by itself when I come back all PC s are offline and they cannot reconnect Occasionally I am online when it disconnects Network disconnects after about 4 hrs I have to unplug the router plug back in restart PC s then off we go So far I have replaced the router with one from work same model works well at work does not fix the problem at home I have restored the router to default with help from good d-link hr customer support Network disconnects after about 4 hrs I have replaced the filter splitter gizmo Telstra My ISP and the telephone line provider say everything at there end is fine Dunno what to try next nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi Guys

First Post

We have an issue on our network where when users connect to VPN the connects goes down after about 5 minutes. It does not happened for any one at home. so it has to be in our office. We have replaced the switch and upgraded are server as we thought the switch was having problems.

The problem is still happening thou and I was wondering has anyone had any similiar issues with a Belkin F5D7630-4A modem/router.

Thanks

Carson

A:VPN disconnects after 10 minutes

What are you using for vpn? the router you list mentions nothing about vpn connectivity.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/hardware/reviews/2004/q4/belkin-f5d7630-4a.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-disconnects-after-10-minutes.610063/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a HP OfficeJet t45 All-in-One Printer. It is disconnected for some reason and I can't find the fix. Restarting the computer doesn't always work (on occasion it does) and it suggests three things in the help manual, that it was off (it was on), that the cable is bad (it seems fine because when the printer does connect everything prints properly), and that something was wrong with a shared parrallel port (the printer does not share a port it has its own). I don't know how to go about solving this issue and have not been able to find any help in the Help Contents that the software provides. If anyone can tell me what to do that would be awsome.

Thanks for the help!

P.S. Sometimes in the process of different users logging in and out it will disconnect or connect depending on its previous status.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-disconnects.854849/
Relevancy 32.25%

Experts can you help me We have several devices in the household that use our wireless router All seem to connect ok all of the time except this computer This computer works fine most of the time but I get random disconnects I can solve it instantly by disabling and then renabling the adapter I Random Disconnects have tried putting a direct wired connection to the route on the computer but the problem of disconnects has remained I note that in the event viewer when a disconnect happens I get the following message Name resolution for the name Random Disconnects csi gstatic com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded The web address above is just an example it happens for whatever I am looking at when the disconnect happens The event ID is I have done various things many of which I cant even remember now including the default DNS server value I am suspecting that there might be a memory issue or a motherboard issue Does anyone know anything else I might be able to try Many thanks

A:Random Disconnects

If it's a motherboard issue...you may be able to circumvent it by simply replacing or adding the wireless adapter.

The fact that other systems have no problems seemingly indicates that the problem lies with your system.

A new adapter would allow focusing on whether it's a motherboard problem or not.  A wired connection would probably do the same.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553284/random-disconnects/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a Gateway laptop running windows 7. I was using BTGuard VPN and it was working fine. My computer crashed and now my VPN keeps disconnecting after 1-3 minutes. i'm fairly new at this, so I would appreciate it if you could keep your answers and simple as possible. Will really appreciate any help, this is getting very frustrating.

A:VPN disconnects after 1-3 minutes

Whenever you have problems with things like this, always refer to the logs on the VPN server and the client to begin troubleshooting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-disconnects-after-1-3-minutes.968197/
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm getting 3-5s DC's from the internet every 10-20sec. Nobody else in the house is getting these. Network card is built into motherboard but have switched in a spare and still no change.
Have no viruses acording to avg, maleware bites and spybot.
Have tested different ethernet and ports on router.
Any suggestions?

A:Mini disconnects

can we see an ipconfig /all and three ping tests - it maybe a dns issue and google open dns may help
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

Google public DNS

Google public DNS
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Theres also a link on how to setup those DNS IP address up on a PC
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

How to set XP here
http://techie-buzz.com/how-to/google-public-dns-on-win7-and-winxp.html

Then once you have set up those DNS entries

Flush & register DN... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mini-disconnects.1071308/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have (3) computers running of a Linksys WRT54G router. (2) are hardwired and the other is Wireless.

All run and connect to the net just great when they are all ON.

However, whenever I turn this particular PC off for the night, it "somehow" disconnects the others from the Internet!!

None of these computers are Networked together either! All are running XP Pro.

What the heck is going on here ?

A:PC disconnects other PCs from Router ???

I'd have to believe this is some kind of electrical power and/or grounding issue. Does this happen if you reboot the computer, or only when you physically power it off? How about unplugging it's Ethernet connection and THEN powering it off, does that affect the other systems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-disconnects-other-pcs-from-router.646958/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello all! I recently had a virus and I think it messed up my internet connection settings somehow and my internet now disconnects every 40-50 seconds almost like clockwork every time so I'm thinking it could be one of 3 things, the virus could still be around after me scanning my comp with nearly every program known to man and that could be causing it or the settings need adjusted or windows is just damaged beyond repair. I've tried almost everything and this is my last try for help before I just reformat, I've tried all the connection repair programs none worked and I've tried manually adjusting settings and still no luck. So please could someone help me fix this?

A:Constant disconnects plz help!

what kind of connection are you using, a few ISP's now will disconnect users if they have a virus in their computer, i believe its cable companies doing this in some areas - have you contacted your ISP about the problem to see what they say. this is just one possibility.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381579/constant-disconnects-plz-help/
Relevancy 32.25%

Ive got this problem whit my internet it randomly disconnect and is down for like a minute and then it comes back up. I dont know how to explain the problem any better. A friend of mine got the same problem. Im using XP and he uses Vista. My router is a THOMSON/Speedtouch ST585.

Tell me if you dident understand, Im from Sweden

Relevancy 32.25%

Worked with ISP on lived chat shared computer to hook up wireless this past Wednesday it was okay for day Now the Wireless and Internet lights blink on the router while the power and dsl lights stay on Internet light on laptop disconnects Speedstream blinks also have tried plugging unplugging speedstream from a few seconds to overnight resetting the back button Internet connection is still sporadic have to constantly refresh to get back to internet page Errors will say quot A connection with the server could not be established quot and quot The server name or Speedstream disconnects address could not be resolved quot System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Speedstream disconnects Service Pack Laptop Acer Travelmate Router Speedstream disconnects Siems Speedstream Wireless ADSL Gateway Network Wireless Connection Status Connected Network Wireless Speed This reading varies from to to Mbps Here is what it said on the Windows IP Configuration ping pinging with bytes of data Ping statistics Packets sent Received lost lost ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I may have to call my ISP but since I am a borderline computer technically handicapped and a beginner but I want to try here first Edit Called my ISP and he wasn t any help Anyway learned how to paste my results of the ipconfig here goes ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ With usb connection Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WIRELESS CONNECTION HERE Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

From new I've always had issues with wifi disconnecting randomly on Chromebook N21.
It just seems to lose the network it's connected to. Wifi remains on, it searches for networks and seems to see all other available networks except for the one it was connected to. Eventually after a minute or 2 it reconnects and all is fine for a while. It's not specific to one particular router or network, same behaviour in different locations and networks.

Anyone had similar problems, any workaround or fixes?

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

A:N21 - WiFi Disconnects

Having the exact same issue here.  Have you resolved this?  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Chromebooks-N20-N20p-N21/N21-WiFi-Disconnects/td-p/2173313
Relevancy 32.25%

I m having a problem with random disconnects on my desktop It is connected via ethernet to a Belkin brief Sporadic, disconnects. WRTR G v which is connected to a Scientific Atlanta DPC I am Sporadic, brief disconnects. in the United States with Comcast as my ISP The affected computer is running windows XP sp My LAN card shows up as an Intel PRO Management adapter Now that you have my info here is my problem every minutes more or less I get disconnected from the internet The disconnects probably only last a few seconds or fractions of a second but it is enough to both knock me off of my IM client and Team Fortress I used to have a problem like this with my onboard LAN Then I started using a USB wireless adapter It had problems with disconnections because of how far I am from the router I assume the disconnects were much fewer and further between than with the onboard LAN though But even that wasn t bearable so then I took this network card out of one of our older computers we aren t using and it worked beautifully for a good - weeks Last week is when these problems started I ve already checked to make sure all of my cables are plugged in tight and reset both TCP IP and WINSOCK to installation defaults Still no luck Any idea what the problem is Does my computer just like to mess up LAN cards nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

ive just upgraded my tiscali broadband from 2mb to 8 mb, but ever since ive had problems,ever time i use the phone i get internet explorer cannot display the webpage and the only way i can get back onto a webpage is to reset the modem(sagem 800).ive tried using a different phone and new filter but it makes no difference.ive had 5 long phone calls to tiscali but problem still not resolved.
ive re-installed the modem still no difference,when i ping the ip address it come back with timed out,can you help,starting to get very fustrating.

Relevancy 32.25%

I ve been having a problem with my DSL internet connection for months now disconnects connstant I have a small network of my pc plus my girlfriends laptop My pc is connected to the net via an e-tec USB modem while the laptop is connected through both out integrated wireless cards This problem has been present with both lan and wireless with ICS enabled it has also survived reinstalls and is driving me crazy connstant disconnects I have googled every thing and found similar problems but nothing has worked as far as a fix If I connect the modem to the laptop and set up ics from that to mine everything works fine but I don t want the wires trailing across the couch and we need to move the laptop at connstant disconnects times this tels me that the modem is not the problem as i have also tried other modems i ve done all the usual updating of drivers plus a few registry tweaks such as lowering my MTU to this seamed to help a little but only slowed the frequency of disconnects there dosnt seam to be an pattern i i can be on line for hours of some times seconds to the dissconnects but is it worse when trying to play games and during the day i ve checked event viewer and it is showing an error of quot The DNS proxy agent was unable to read the local list of name-resolution servers from the registry The data is the error code quot event near the time that the dissconnects happen but not the exact time the only other thing happening is info on remote acsess disconnecting then reconecting seconds later this is the time it takes for my modem to re train the line please help me as i m at my wits end and don want to go back to having the network trough the lap top as this is just a pain thanks in advance mike nbsp

A:connstant disconnects

got a router i`m getting a wirless one tomo so mark this as solved and i`l post a new thread if i hve any trouble

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connstant-disconnects.600195/
Relevancy 32.25%

Logs from when I disconnect.

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state.

A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (World of Warcraft)

The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application

The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application

msnmsgr (3488) \\.\C:\Users\Whitney\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Messenger\[email protected]\SharingMetadata\Working\database_2A28_9023_288F_EC5F\dfsr.db: The database engine stopped the instance (0).

I am pretty sure this first one is a big reason as to why I keep disconnecting. I got these from the logs from the exact time I lost my connection. Any way to fix this?

A:More random disconnects, joy!

If you're running any P2P applications, this is a common issue.

The limit four TCP connections was changed to 10 in XP-SP2 to minimize the speed that a virus infection could propagate.

The fix? Stop running P2P applications and make sure you don't have a virus infection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/more-random-disconnects-joy.587808/
Relevancy 32.25%

Can anybody explain to me why a printer would sporadically disconnect and reconnect from a home PC?

Thanks,

Pete

A:Printer Disconnects From PC

Hello Pete.

Please provide more information.
Desktop or Laptop
If a major brand, which brand & model of computer.
Version of Windows running on the computer. Please include subtype [ XP Home, Vista Ultimate, for example. ]

Brand & model of printer.
Type of connection.

Why do I want to know this information?

Because HP has an all in 1 device that has problems connecting via wireless to Vista PCs.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...s&lc=en&dlc=en&product=2512010&dlc=en&lang=en

When did the problem begin; after the installation or removal of hardware or software, to include updates to Windows, Office, your AntiVirus program?

Has the connection ever been reliable? If so, can you associate the onset of the problem to a change in your system?

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-disconnects-from-pc.679654/
Relevancy 32.25%

I get this on DP and now on CP. When i Play To a movie to my TV remotely, after a period of time it disconnects.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

A:Play To - self disconnects

I am also having this problem on my Surface RT. Ive found keeping the device awake stops it disconnecting, but this keeps the screen on and hence uses a lot of battery power. Ive messed with a lot of the power settings but nothing seems to stop this behaviour.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/5166-play-self-disconnects.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Crazy problem here. I have set up three new Dell computers with Win XP Pro to connect online to Win2K Server. Everything hooks up and works great until I reboot the machine. When this occurs, nothing connects back to the network. I can ping ok etc but the mapped drives never come back up. I have spent an entire day trying to get this one cleared up but to no avail. I can ping the server, the gateway etc and have great internet access and email access. Just can't see the server.
Any suggestions appreciated.

A:Network Disconnects

dyoung said:

Crazy problem here. I have set up three new Dell computers with Win XP Pro to connect online to Win2K Server. Everything hooks up and works great until I reboot the machine. When this occurs, nothing connects back to the network. I can ping ok etc but the mapped drives never come back up. I have spent an entire day trying to get this one cleared up but to no avail. I can ping the server, the gateway etc and have great internet access and email access. Just can't see the server.
Any suggestions appreciated.Click to expand...

By the way on the Network Disconnects problem. I also have 15 Win2K machines running without a flaw. Just had to add a few new computers to the network.

Again tks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-disconnects.398827/
Relevancy 32.25%

I get disconnected from ADSL every - hours According to the ADSL company the line is perfect I replaced router and filter just to make sure the Internet provider claims nothing is wrong from their side I enabled the router siemens log file - below is the resukt Any idea what is the quot Intrusion quot Any idea what is causing the line to drop user alert kernel Intrusion - gt IN ppp OUT MAC SRC DST LEN TOS x PREC x TTL ID DF PROTO TCP SPT DPT WINDOW RES x SYN URGP user alert kernel Intrusion - gt IN ppp OUT MAC SRC DST LEN TOS x PREC x TTL ID DF PROTO TCP SPT DPT WINDOW disconnects ADSL RES x SYN URGP user debug syslog cat proc net ip clear dnsconntrack user debug syslog echo gt proc sys net ipv ip conntrack wanip clear user debug syslog iptables -t nat -I DmzNatChain -j ACCEPT -i ppp -p udp -s --dport user debug syslog iptables -t nat -I DmzNatChain -j ACCEPT -i ppp -p tcp --dport user debug syslog iptables ADSL disconnects -I FORWARD -j ACCEPT -i ppp -p udp -s --dport user debug syslog iptables -I INPUT -j ACCEPT -i ppp -p udp -s --dport user debug syslog iptables -I FORWARD -j ACCEPT -i ppp -p tcp --dport user debug syslog iptables -I INPUT -j ACCEPT -i ppp -p tcp --dport user debug syslog kill - user debug syslog ip route flush cache user debug syslog ebtables -t broute -F SRCChain user debug syslog ip route del table data gt dev null user debug syslog ip route del table data gt dev null user debug syslog ip route del table data gt dev null user debug syslog ip route del table data gt dev null user debug syslog iptables -A INPUT -i ppp -d -j DROP user debug syslog iptables -A INPUT -i ppp -d -j DROP user debug syslog iptables -t filter -I OUTPUT -o ppp -d -j DROP gt dev null user debug syslog iptables -t filter -D OUTPUT -o ppp -d -j DROP gt dev null user debug syslog upnp -L br -W ppp -D user debug syslog kill - daemon notice pppd PPP Connection Up daemon debug pppd Recv IPCP ConfAck id xc addr ms-dns ms-dns daemon debug pppd Sent IPCP ConfReq id xc addr ms-dns ms-dns daemon debug pppd Recv IPCP ConfNak id xb addr ms-dns ms-dns daemon debug pppd Sent IPCP ConfAck id x addr daemon debug pppd Recv IPCP ConfReq id x addr daemon debug pppd Sent IPCP ConfReq id xb addr ms-dns ms-dns daemon notice pppd PPP Authentication Successful daemon debug pppd Recv PAP AuthAck id xb quot quot daemon debug pppd Sent PAP AuthReq id xc user quot email protected quot password hidden daemon notice pppd PPP LCP Up daemon debug pppd Sent PAP AuthReq id xb user quot email protected quot password hidden daemon debug pppd Recv LCP ConfAck id x mru magic x ad daemon debug pppd Sent LCP ConfAck id x mru auth pap magic x c fee daemon debug pppd Recv LCP ConfReq id x mru auth pap magic x c fee daemon debug pppd Sent LCP ConfReq id x mru magic x ad daemon notice pppd PPPoE Session Established daemon debug pppd Recv packet Ether addr df b PADS PPPoE hdr ver x type x code x sid x a length x PPPoE tag type length Service name PPPoE tag type length Host U daemon debug pppd Sent packet Ether addr df b PADR PPPoE hdr ver x type x code x sid x length x c PPPoE tag type length Service name PPPoE tag type length Host U daemon debug pppd Sent packet Ether addr df b PADR PPPoE hdr ver x type x code x sid x length x c PPPoE tag type length Service name PPPoE tag type length Host U daemon notice pppd PPPoE Server Detected daemon debug pppd Recv packet Ether addr df b PADO PPPoE hdr ver x type x code x sid x length x PPPoE tag type length Host Uniq data bin PPPoE tag type daemon debug pppd Sent packet Ether addr ff ff ff ff ff ff PADI PPPoE hdr ver x type x code x sid x length x c PPPoE tag type length Service name PPPoE tag type length Host U daemon debug pppd Sent packet Ether addr ff ff ff ff ff ff PADI PPPoE hdr ver x type x code x sid x length x c PPPoE tag type length Host Uniq data bin PPPoE tag type daemon debug pppd Sent packet Ether addr df b PADT PPPoE hdr ver x type x code xa sid x c e length x c PPPoE tag type length Host Uniq data bin PPPoE tag type daem... Read more

Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I am new to this forum and joined cause I need help with reading a HJT log The past few days I have beee getting disconencts from the internet mostly happens when i am downloading a file I ran antivirus and my anti spyware tools and everythings clean However I Hijack log/pc this disconnects noticed a couple new arrivals in my hjt log and I am not sure about them Here are the two listed below and below that is my entire hijackthis log If anyone can let me know if everything looks ok Thankyou in advance Cody quot O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install quot quot - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl Hijack this log/pc disconnects dll NvStartup quot Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass Hijack this log/pc disconnects exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Hijack this log/pc disconnects PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files CallWave IAM exe C Program Files HiJackThis v exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO IE to GetRight Helper - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run PtiuPbmd Rundll exe ptipbm dll SetWriteBack O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - Global Startup CallWave lnk C Program Files CallWave IAM exe O - Extra context menu item Download with GetRight - C Program Files GetRight GRdownload htm O - Extra context menu item Open with GetRight Browser - C Program Files GetRight GRbrowse htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com win ls en x client wuweb site cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip A E A-E E - -B C -DBF C B NameServer O - SharedTaskScheduler Browseui preloader - C -A BA- D -B B- A C E - C WINDOWS system browseui dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C WINDOWS system browseui dll O - Service AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s r o - C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGR... Read more

A:Hijack this log/pc disconnects

Guess no one knows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijack-this-log-pc-disconnects.711906/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a lenovo laptop.Everything was going on till last week.Now when I connect to internet it does not connect at all.It is beacause the LAN connects and disconnects in every one minut. I don't know the reason of this problem.The cable was the same which I were using for a month after buying a new modem (CiscO Linksys WAG120N wireless-N home ADSL2+modem router).I am using only wired connection.The OS used is Windows Xp SP2.Since the LAn connects and disconnects I am not able to enter the set up page of modem.Please give a solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-connects-disconnects.1121406/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have 2 systems desktop p3 566 and a laptop p4 1.66 each has a 56 k modem. I must use dialup where I reside.
I can connect to the internet on both however after a few minutes it disconnects and then tries to reconnect. I have tried 3 different phone lines in different places with the same result.
I have turned off the idle time and still the problem occurs.
the phone lines are only coming in at about 26.4 kilobytes yes thats how slow it is.
Does anyone have any ideas how to ensure the modem stays connected to the net, this is very frustrating.
thanks

Relevancy 32.25%

Lately I have been getting these quick disconnects, where my internet connection will go off for about 10 seconds, then become active again. Itís a real pain, considering I use my computer mainly for gaming. I will be playing a game, while connected to Ventrilo (voice communication software). I suddenly get disconnected from both, then am able to reconnect 10 seconds later. This has been occurring multiple times each day for the past week or two.

I have a cable modem connection, provided by Charter. I use a D-Link router.

What is the problem here? What should I do?

Relevancy 32.25%

My internet disconnects every once in Disconnects Internet a while usually for - minutes Restarting fixes the problem Whilst my friend who is connected to the same router never has this problem I thought maybe HijackThis could find something conflicting that is causing this problem When I ran HijackThis I Internet Disconnects got this notification quot Your system denied write access Internet Disconnects to the hosts file quot Below is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperAgent exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility ThirdPartyAppMgr exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility PowerManager exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWi exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files x VideoLAN VLC vlc exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users Geo Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe O - HKLM Run SmartWiHelper quot C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWiHelper exe quot WindowsStartup O - HKLM Run ISBMgr exe quot C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe quot O - HKLM Run PMBVolumeWatcher c Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Ado... Read more

A:Internet Disconnects

Is this issue not fixable in Hijack This?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419864/internet-disconnects/
Relevancy 32.25%

Sadly but yes i still have dial up.
Ok heres my problem: at exactly 12 hours of being connected to my ISP, the connection closes. Ive contacted Earthlink and they assure me that there is no dissconnection on there side, but they cant tell me whats causing it on my side. I have checked all the settings that have anything to do with a time limit and my modem and they all are set to never. I dont know if maybe its just how its set up, but this hasnt always been like that. And im using a manual dialer instead of earthlink software

A:Timed Disconnects?

try this
http://www.iopus.com/freeware/acplug/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/timed-disconnects-53421.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all,
I am new here and dont know a lot about computers. I have a laptop with an aolynk router and a 3com wireless system. I have no pc just 2 laptops hooked up to my internet.
The internet works fine but disconnects every now and then. There is no pattern i can see (ie.every hour or every 10 mins etc) it justs disconnects but saying limited or no connectivity.If I click repair it doesnt work i have to disconnect both the router and the wireless modems to get it back on.
Can someone offer me any advice please.
G

Relevancy 32.25%

I run a small workgroup and have one PC that persistently cannot be accessed or even viewed on the running network. Eventually I tracked the problem down to non-running Workstation and Server services on that PC. If I manually set the startup mode to Automatic and start these services on the PC, then all is well; but on the next reboot, they are stopped again. Also, trying to manually start the Firewall/ICS service gives an "error 5: Access denied" - although the account is an administrator account. Have scanned for virus and spyware, all OK. Any ideas?

A:PC disconnects itself from the network!

Let's give this a try, can't hurt.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-disconnects-itself-from-the-network.572187/
Relevancy 32.25%

this is becomming a VERY anoying problem! For some reason, every now and then, msn messenger decides to disconnect itself, then shortly after reconnect....over and over again......just straight up anoying

I'm running WindowsXP Pro behind a Dlink DI-624 router on cable

A:MSN Messenger Disconnects

You are not the first to have had this kind of problem,some get it others dont I solved it by getting Yahoo Messenger,but you dont need to know that,go to this site there is advice available ther that might help http://messenger.msn.com/Help/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-messenger-disconnects.274137/
Relevancy 32.25%

Ok ive had this problem since i turned to wireless.
Sometimes when my Dad puts his PC on hibernate it turns off my DSL so i loose internet connection, which is very annoying. I'm connected directly to the Linksys WAG54GX2 wireless router, and he has a usb Linksys wireless adapter.

Its a very weird problem and i dont know why it does it, it happens only sometimes and not all the time. If anyone knows anything it'll be helpfull.

A:DSL disconnects when PC is shutdown?

I can only believe that it's a lack of activity issue, or perhaps a router setting. I've never heard of that happening...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-disconnects-when-pc-is-shutdown.581189/
Relevancy 32.25%

Please, I have a problem similarity, i have to restart my pc to be able to access the Internet of four in four hours . i am using xp. Note below (ipconfig /all) Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 13 july 2007 21:05:40; Lease Expires. . . . . . . . . . : 14 july 2007 01:05:40 ; is justly four hours.

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Physical Address . . . . . . . . . . : 00-15-F3-57-43-AC
DHCP ativado. . . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . : Yes
IP Address . . . . . . . . . . . . : 201.33.176.116
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway. . . . . . . . . . . : 201.33.176.254
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 200.167.208.114
DNS Servers. . . . . . . . . . . : 200.167.208.117
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 13 july 2007 21:05:40
Lease Expires. . . . . . . . . . : 14 july 2007 01:05:40

Please, thank

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnects.595647/
Relevancy 32.25%

It has been happening for the past week and a half. I have no idea why, but at least every hour since I start using the internet I disconnect. Any game I am playing disconnects me, but I can reconnect right after. The same thing happens on AIM. I disconnect from everything, but the connection comes back. It never says that my connection is lost in the tray icon. I have a wireless router, D-Link, but I doubt that is the problem.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 32.25%

Please help this is driving me nuts... my pc keeps disconnecting the net.. by this i mean after a short time 5 mins to 30 mins the internet light on my router goes to orange and i cant load web pages.. i know it my pc thats doing it as when i remover the adsl cable n reboot the router the light goes green and stays green, i can connect any other pc via the cable and the net stays on.. re connect the original pc and again after 5 mins ish the router light goes out again.. i have done a full spy/mal scan and it says clean please any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-disconnects-the-router.1097907/
Relevancy 32.25%

hi all recently my router has started disconnecting my internet connection more or less every ten minutes and will not reconnect unless i complete a full cycle ie removing and reinserting the plug. surely this isnt normal i have always had to unplug the router to get it to reconnect but that was normally every 24-48 hours which i could live with but 10mins thats a bit much really aint it

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi there, as weird as the title may sound this is exactly what is happening. But it gets weirder.

Computer (A) is connected to the net through use of Adsl+2 ethernet. It is connected directly to a Billion BiPac 7300G RA. (And for those who might suggest, it has the latest Firmware)
Computer (B) is not connected to the internet in any way. And there is no wireless card inside the pc.
However, when we boot computer (B) it causes the modem attached to computer (A) to reboot!.
This strange behaviour also happens when we start up the Wii console. It reboots the modem.
And, as weird as it sounds, when we turn off PC (B) this also reboots the modem.

What is going on here?

Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,
I was wondering how somebody could disconnect a network remotely. I play WoW and everytime my arena team gets over a certain rating (2400) either me or my shaman get disconnected. I have played over 2500 games this season without a single dc, and within the past 2 weeks my team has broke 2400 4 times, every single time we break 2400, we end up disconnecting at the exact same time in the next game. There is no way this can be a coincidence and I need to figure out how to prevent whoever (people would pay hundreds ($500+) of dollars to take our spot on the ladder) from dc'ing us.

I have spent the last 5 hours trying to figure this out with no real answers.
(Though I did have remote windows desktop enabled)

A:"Random" Disconnects

Hello gooseman,I see that you have an HJT log posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218508/hijackthis-log-please-analyze/ We do not allow more than one topic for the same computer and the same issue as this causes confusion, and in this case may make the disinfection process more difficult.This leaves you with a choice:1) Have this thread reopened and the HiJack This log topic deletedOR2) Keep this thread closed and wait for assistance in the HiJack This log forum. Please note that that forum is VERY busy.Please send a Private Message indicating your choice.Assuming you wish assistance in the HiJack This forum, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218525/random-disconnects/
Relevancy 32.25%

When I turn on the Internet (I have a modem), it works fine until I turn other programs on then the Internet basically turns off, but the computer says I'm still connected to the Internet. Why is this doing this and why is the Internet turning off?

If I'm downloading something off the Internet say a game demo or a game update the Internet would just turn off like I said before and then I would have to disconnect and then reconnect and try redownloading and sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

I found a pattern or it's just coincidence, but when the downloading box isn't the main thing selected for a while the Internet turns off. Someone please help and don't tell me to ask my ISP he's the other word for donkey.

A:Internet Disconnects

Have you run any spyware, and antivirus scans?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21321/internet-disconnects/
Relevancy 32.25%

About every 10-15 minutes, my internet connection slows down, then stops for a few seconds and comes back. The connection gets so slow and anything else i have open disconnects. If I have AIM open, and I try to use IE, after about 5 to 10 minutes, AIM's connection is lost and it takes forever to load a page. Whenever I use Limewire (which is not much), AIM disconnects after a minute or so, and it ALWAYS happens. BTW, the problem probably isn't related to Limewire, considering I've had Limewire for about 2 weeks and the disconnects have been happening for almost a year. Any help would be great. Thanks.

A:frequent disconnects

A few questions:

Have you checked your ISP settings?

I am assuming you have dial-up?

Do you have any antispyware programs installed on your system?

What operating system are you using? (XP, ME, 98, 95)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/10347/frequent-disconnects/
Relevancy 32.25%

Long story so grab a cuppa The first time it happened I was told by my ISP to perform an isolation test for a couple of hours I had already done this but to keep them happy I did it again It happened to coincide with midday and my connection stabilised ISP then rang back and said swap your filter so I did About an hour after swapping over the filters the internet was on off on off on off on off on off on off Just to ensure it wasn't another faulty filter I pulled our home phone altogether Disconnects Random it hasn't been reconnected since The Internet over this past week has been stable from midday until Random Disconnects except for yesterday It was stable from midday then dropped out every hour on the hour Then from it was on off on off on off on off on off on off I have to make sure it is nothing on my end to date done a complete reset of my modem put a new telephone cable into my modem router swapped over modem routers and put in yet another new ethernet cable I can walk away from my PC providing it is working if it is not I am like a dog with a bone and I will sit and try to figure out what is going on Below I finally started to keep records of the dropouts - Thursday th July Reboot went to bed The time now is woooooo hoooooo almost midday where I can hopefully get some stability There is an upside to this drama on a Customer Survey I completed I made it quite clear there internet service was appalling at the moment I received a phone call from one of there people who said once a case number had been assigned it has that the normal call out fee of would be waived because I had been a client for so long So now I wait the hours out and as you can see a part of the first hours hasn't been crash hot Then wait for Telstra to come out Okay Bogpond tech came out the lines are all good no sound in them My phone jacks passed they were new As is my ethernet cable I tried my backup modem router same result line kept dropping on and off The modem router I have been using is a Belkin F D au V my backup is a D-Link DSL- T-GenII Before I go out and find a new ISP I was thinking maybe a new modem router might be the way to go I ended up getting a Netgear WNDR N This is under ADSL ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Link Rate Kbps Kbps Line Attenuation dB dB Noise Margin dB dB ADSL ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Link Rate Kbps Kbps Line Attenuation dB dB Noise Margin dB dB Auto ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Link Rate Kbps Kbps Line Attenuation dB dB Noise Margin dB dB I have no idea what rate the Auto is Okay Netgear Modem Router thought I had the problem licked when I bought it online without dropout a little over hrs Now my Internet connection is back to being a yoyo

A:Random Disconnects

anyone? suggestions ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297334-random-disconnects.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi guys,

For the past month or so AIM has been disconnecting me at seemingly random intervals. Sometimes it'll happen twice in two minutes, then be fine for an hour, then start acting up again... you get the idea. This only happened after I came home from college for the summer, which makes me think it's the home network and not my computer causing this. I've tried the regular AIM client, Trillian and Pidgin to connect with, and they all have this issue. Other Internet functions aren't affected when this happens--I can continue browsing webpages just fine, and the network icon in the system tray shows that I am still connected.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2, and am on a wireless connection via a Linksys WRT54G router. I've forwarded the necessary ports through the router and this still happens. I've also tried temporarily disabling the router's firewall--no dice. Any other things I could try?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/aim-disconnects-randomly-486408.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi! I have a winXP running a program that uses sql database from server. By the way, the problem should not be program related. The connection works just fine a while, but after five minutes or so, i get an error message that connection to database was lost. After this I'm unable to reconnect.

Any suggestions as to what I should look out for in either WinXp's settings or server's settings (winxp is pro version and sql server is running on windows 2000 server)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-server-disconnects-win-xp.200520/
Relevancy 32.25%

I randomly disconnect from my internet a lot recently, and i have no idea why. I've tried resetting the router, restarting my net, and i can't call verizon because their people NEVER seem to help me. It's been going on for a few weeks, and many times during the day. It's very sporadic, and i have no idea how to solve it. If anyone has any feedback i'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Relevancy 32.25%

Good Day All I am having an issue with the Nortel VPN Client and I am unsure what the cause is however I saw a similiar closed post through Google that has led me to this site http forums techguy org networking -nortel-vpn-client-disconnects html Nortel Disconnects VPN This was closed but apparently there was no resolution I have this exact problem when connect to my work network via VPN There is no rhym or Nortel VPN Disconnects reason to the issue at hand generally while using my web browser the VPN will disconnect and then I need to reboot in order to utilize Nortel VPN Disconnects my VPN connection I have worked with Panasonic and they don t see any issues with the computer I originally experencied this issue with a Dell D I have no issues with my older Dell D This issue is driving me crazy because in order to work efficently I almost have to keep a second work laptop running when remote so I won t lose connection during trouble shooting I ve tried to search the web but Nortel VPN Disconnects other than the link above I am not coming up with much nbsp

A:Nortel VPN Disconnects

Just a note - this issue happens on DSL, Cable, etc, doesn't seem to matter where I am working, the problem just happens.

Wired, Wireless, Wi-FI.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nortel-vpn-disconnects.845448/
Relevancy 32.25%

why does my ip messenger always disconnects from the network?

example im using my ip messenger then after 5-10 minutes i noticed that my ip messenger is disconnected.. why? because nothing is listed on my members.. and they can't even see me in their members list.. even though my network connection is ok.. i can even surf the net.. the network connection is ok.. printer sharing, file sharing, internet browser, yahoo messenger.. except IP MESSENGER..

can somebody help me figure out what is happening in my IP MESSENGER?

thanks a lot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-messenger-always-disconnects.975305/
Relevancy 32.25%

HELPP! my router keepps disconnecting and also i turn it off and back on it still sometimes disconnect...

A:Router disconnects

I've started your own thread for you here.

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-disconnects.1022976/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a cisco asa- that was setup by someone else I am not too familiar with this router or even asdn I currently have a mbps up down wireless internet connection hooked into it Its decent and with a full network I can usually download quickly enough kb and upload is decent too compared to DSL or lightweight cable in our area I have vpn access setup from home and modified the host file in windows xp on my laptop for mapping IP to computer names I found that if I did not do this Disconnects ASA-5505 VPN I ASA-5505 VPN Disconnects could not connect to my exchange server as outlook will always try ASA-5505 VPN Disconnects to resolve IP to name even if you specify IP when setting up an exchange account would pass initial send receive setup but then when outlook actually loads the first thing it does is try to resolve the IP I typed to a name in the account setup so this was my reasoning for the hosts file I can connect to my exchange server fine now and I can dial in to machines on the network with remote desktop etc however when using outlook I get intermittent disconnects freezing clicking on menus causes program is not responding etc most notably when sending receiving emails even when small and sometimes for no apparent reason I get the little pop up that says trying to connect to exchange server right before everything freezes up My initial though was to use offline mode etc but then for some reason I cannot connect to a shared calendar unless I remove cached mode and disable offline use ENTIRELY For remote desktop I can work fine of the time Sometimes I will be working and RD will freeze for - seconds as if it is trying to quot catch up quot - best I can describe it Occasionally it has actually lost connection and popped up the notification that it will try and reconnect etc but usually it would only pop up the disconnect message if I am running some serious processes in SQL on the remote machine that take a weekend to finish Otherwise it would just freeze up every now and then just enough to be terribly annoying if I am actually trying to get some work done I did some reading around and read online that reducing the MTU both directions may improve VPN performance in certain situations I tried reducing the inbound outbound MTU on the asa from to for the inbound outbound and my internet access on the local network went from good to practically nothing for users for example it would take a minute to load a page such as yahoo so I immediately set it back to and everything went back to normal I also tried changing the firewall down from how I found it to with the same result I was then going to try reducing just the inbound to and leave the outbound at but got some flak for screwing around with the router etc so I figured it was a good idea to stop playing around for now So before I go and try any additional trial error I was hoping to get some insight on possible mis-configurations of my setup rather than continue to shoot in the dark at the problems nbsp

A:ASA-5505 VPN Disconnects

here is the config file.

: Saved
:
ASA Version 8.2(1)
!
hostname jeffshost
enable password .cEp5CaN9ayW2z/z encrypted
passwd .cEp5CaN9ayW2z/z encrypted
names
!
interface Vlan1
nameif inside
security-level 100
ip address 200.200.1.200 255.255.255.0
!
interface Vlan2
nameif outside
security-level 0
ip address x.x.138.3 255.255.255.224
!
interface Ethernet0/0
switchport access vlan 2
speed 100
duplex full
!
interface Ethernet0/1
switchport access vlan 2
!
interface Ethernet0/2
switchport access vlan 2
!
interface Ethernet0/3
!
interface Ethernet0/4
!
interface Ethernet0/5
!
interface Ethernet0/6
!
interface Ethernet0/7
!
ftp mode passive
clock timezone EST -5
clock summer-time EDT recurring
dns domain-lookup inside
dns domain-lookup outside
dns server-group DefaultDNS
name-server 8.8.8.8
name-server 8.8.4.4
object-group service tesst tcp
description tesst
port-object eq 21290
object-group service ExternalRemote tcp
port-object eq 33389
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.83 eq www
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.83 eq https
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.83 eq ftp
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.81 eq www
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.81 eq https
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.81 eq ftp
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.82 eq smtp
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.82 eq pop3
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.82 eq www
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.82 eq https
access-list acl_outside extended permit icmp any any
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.82 eq 3389
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.83 eq smtp
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.83 eq pop3
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any any object-group tesst
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.84 eq 33389
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.138.3 eq 3389
access-list acl_outside extended permit tcp any host x.x.137.83 eq 3389
access-list jeffshost_splitTunnelAcl extended permit ip 200.200.1.0 255.255.255.0 200.200.2.0 255.255.255.0
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 200.200.1.0 255.255.255.0 200.200.2.0 255.255.255.0
access-list wideopen extended permit tcp any any
access-list wideopen extended permit udp any any
access-list wideopen extended permit icmp any any
access-list wideopen extended permit ip any any
access-list acl_inside extended permit tcp any any
access-list acl_inside extended permit udp any any
access-list acl_inside extended permit ip any any
access-list acl_inside extended permit tcp any any eq ftp
access-list acl_inside extended permit tcp any any object-group tesst
access-list acl_inside extended permit tcp any any eq 3389
access-list acl_inside extended permit icmp any any
access-list jeffshost_splitTunnelAcl_1 standard permit 200.200.1.0 255.255.255.0
access-list jeffshost_splitTunnelAcl_2 standard permit 200.200.1.0 255.255.255.0
pager lines 24
logging enable
logging asdm notifications
mtu inside 1500
mtu outside 1500
ip local pool IPSec 200.200.2.100-200.200.2.150 mask 255.255.255.0
icmp unreachable rate-limit 1 burst-size 1
icmp permit any inside
icmp permit any outside
no asdm history enable
arp timeout 14400
global (outside) 1 xxx.xxx.137.83
nat (inside) 0 access-list inside_nat0_outbound
nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
static (inside,outside) tcp x.x.137.83 smtp 200.200.1.254 smtp netmask 255.255.255.255
static (inside,outside) tcp x.x.137.83 pop3 200.200.1.254 pop3 netmask 255.255.255.255
static (inside,outside) tcp x.x.137.83 ftp 200.200.1.116 ftp netmask 255.255.255.255
static (inside,outside) tcp x.x.137.83 https 200.200.1.16 https netmask 255.255.255.255
static (inside,outside) tcp... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asa-5505-vpn-disconnects.1021948/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have two PS and worse disconnects lag Lag, s in my house and a few months ago they started to lag and disconnect altogether when we played at the same time I thought it was the router a Netgear so we bought a new one a Linksys It was still lagging so we Lag, worse lag and disconnects decided to upgrade from TWC s Road Runner Lite to Road Runner Turbo Of course the upgrade meant I had to upgrade all services and am now paying extra It didn t get better instead it s getting worse by the day There is NO way to play the PS s together now it lags too bad and will disconnect quickly after We called the router support and their advice didn t work We bypassed the wireless aspect of the PS s and plugged the ethernet cables directly into the router and it still lagged So it has to be something with the ISP or the modem Now if I play the PS with the ethernet cable directly from the PS into the modem which is the only way it won t lag it dies after a few minutes and the modem doesn t send signals That means my digital phone won t work and my Internet won t work I unplug it and wait blah blah blah The only way I can get it to work is if I unplug the MAIN cable from the splitter which means no cable TV and plug it directly into the modem That doesn t even solve it it STILL LAGS It never lagged before a few months ago we had two PS s online wireless and we never had a problem I called my ISP Time Warner Cable and they can t speak English and only say to unplug it and wait seconds I DO THAT FOUR TIMES A DAY Can someone please tell me what it could be The modem is a Webstar Model DPX I went to Speedtest net and the results were Download speed Mbps Upload speed Mbps Ping ms And I see that s way below average so wtf Is there anything I can do other than spend all that time talking to an automated machine have them transfer me to a person who can t speak english and only tells me to unplug the modem for fifteen seconds nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

I'm not sure if you can help me with this but here goes. I play world of warcraft and I have a dial-up connection, at the beginning I didn't have alot of problems but after buying a new and faster computer I now get disconnected about every 30 minutes or so. This has become a very regular and very annoying thing, I can surf the web all day and not get disconnected but as soon as I log on to play I start getting regular disconnects from the internet. I dont know if this makes a difference but I always get a little blue and white box that says network connections failed. Please let me know your suggestions I have tryed calling blizzard and my ISP provider and neither helped.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnects-from-the-game.347179/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a Compaq Presario-AMD Athlon 64-3500+-512mb-200gb. Running windows xp sp3, updated and malware clean. I am stuck with dialup connection until [email protected] upgrades our area. I sometimes leave my pc running a download all night. I usually use orbit downloader but some downloads work better with no manager. Since I reinstalled windows my connection gets disconnected at at different times and redials the connection, but only at night when I leave it downloading a large file. In internet connection I have checked "never dial a connection". It is just an annoyance but I would like to fix it. Any help will be appreciated. I forgot to say that I use IE7 and have tried connection keeper ( with same results). Tried firefox several times but it was slower than IE on my pc. Thanks again. Lots of good advice on this site.

Hello & welcome to TSF

have you tried this

useing (ipconfig)

start
then select ( run
then type in ( cmd
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /flushdns ( notice the space between ipconfig & /
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /release ( ^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /renew ( ^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^
press enter

then reboot

start
then select (run
then type in ( cmd
then type in (netsh winsock reset
press enter
now reboot your system

providing that the (os) is installed on the c drive /you drive letter may be differnt

then reboot

check your connection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-disconnects-320285.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,

Since I installed IIS and changed the default port to 90 and back to 80 I get disconnected every now and then, or rather, speed goes to zero. I cannot reconnect, it says that my modem is not configured properly. Also when this happens, I cannot open the network status, it just flashes for a split second. I would have to reboot, then it works again. What can I do, deinstall IIS?

Steffen

A:IIS disconnects dialup

Unless you're planning on running some kind of web server, you probably wouldn't need it and could uninstall it if you wanted to.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/iis-disconnects-dialup-358635.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Often at irregular intervals my modem (Speedtouch BeBox) will disconnect me. Normally there are four lights up: Power, Ethernet, WLAN and DSL. When it disconnects, only the power light is on, but it is red, not the usual green. To fix this problem I have to reboot my router. Help would be appreciated.

A:Consistent Disconnects

Sounds like the ISP connection is going away or the modem is dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/consistent-disconnects.819217/
Relevancy 32.25%

Everytime I join any game on the demo, and it finishes loading and I'm in the game I instantly get the error:
There is a problem with your connection
And I am unable to play. How can I fix this?

I tried posting on the official forums, but no one has been any help at all:
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread...RTS22hp_PXzO8jR3CmaMFgAAKDw.&threadID=131758&