Windows Support Forum

Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc

Q: Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc

Ok we get internet through a wireless tower that beams it to an antenna on top of the house and it eventually ends up as one ethernet cord in the basement That may or may not be irrelevant Anyway I plug that cord into a router LINKSYS BEFSR it s a couple years old but it has always worked fine and set up a LAN with the main computer being an HP pavilion a w w win XP SP media center There isn t another computer connected all the time but I use various other machines on the network off and on PS macbook other people s computers that I m working on for whatever reason Recently we ve had several severe storms and flooding and whatnot and last night the internet suddenly quit working Solved: is computer etc unplugged, Main says cable network I assumed it Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc was the ISP until this morning when I called them and they said the problem was definitely on my end My first thought was router so I bypassed it and plugged my macbook directly into the ethernet cord from the antenna It worked and I thought I d pick up a new one when the flooding subsided and I could get into town and then everything would work fine I really need the internet on the main computer however so I did the same for it plugging it directly into the incoming internet The pavilion continued to say that the LAN was unplugged however I ve gone through every setting and troubleshooting I can think of but nothing I ve done will make the internet work on Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc the pavilion ipconfig all says media state disconnected Local area connection says network cable unplugged The light doesn t come Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc on where the ethernet cable plugs in Now I think maybe I have a network card rather than a router problem or both I don t think the main computer being down would affect the other computers on the network but I m not really sure I even switched the macbook over to windows but it still works perfectly when the router is bypassed but if I unplug the exact same cord and put it in the pavilion it won t work The network card is Realtek RTL x Family Fast ethernet NIC The driver is updated I m absolutely stumped Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 84.94%

I am running Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron laptop I Cable main on Network but works computer Unplugged fine am using a wireless router broadcom x integrated for my home network My router is connected to a Network Cable Unplugged but works fine on main computer computer running Windows XP but I never had a problem with compatibility before I ve been using these computers together for a long time My Network Connections in my control panel is reporting the the network cable for my LAN is unplugged However the main computer is reporting that it works and there is even a green on the router indicating that the wire is plugged in The main computer also shows a yellow blinking light where the cable Network Cable Unplugged but works fine on main computer connects to the computer indicating that all is fine on that end I need to re-establish my LAN in order to use the printer from my laptop I don t understand why it says the network cable is unplugged I ve never had this problem before and just noticed it yesterday I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this problem nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

Ok so have a Dell Inspiron laptop that is running on Windows XP and I am unable to connect to the internet This happened a little over a week ago suddenly and everything that I have tried has been unsuccessful I connect to the internet through an ethernet cable that plugs directly from the wall to my computer however I cannot get internet because my computer is telling me that a quot Network Cable is Unplugged quot when reads detecting cable, a network cable "network unplugged" error not Computer it clearly is still plugged in I have tried using different cables and in different rooms of my apartment and yet I still have the same problem My other roommates are not having any issues so this lead me to believe there is probably a problem with my computer My computer skills are on a basic general knowledge basis so I have no idea how to Computer not detecting a network cable, error reads "network cable unplugged" begin to attack this problem Strangely enough in my attempts to get on the internet I turned on my wireless connection which displays a full connection in the icon at the bottom of my screen at good or excellent quality yet when I open firefox or explorer the browsers I use I still have no internet I am not sure if this is an indicator of the same problem I am having or just a separate issues but I am in desperate need of help So please if you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them nbsp

A:Computer not detecting a network cable, error reads "network cable unplugged"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-detecting-a-network-cable-error-reads-network-cable-unplugged.843225/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,

I have 2 computers networked together and it has been working fine for years but today all of a sudden the second computer pops up with "network cable is unplugged". I looked at the network cable and it is plugged in but both lights are not on. The internet on my PC works fine so im guessing the network card on the 2nd computer went bad? Is there anything I can do to try and fix this?

A:Network cable unplugged on 2nd computer, no lights on

just replace it they are only a few dollars

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-unplugged-on-2nd-computer-no-lights-on-52624.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I recently bought a used computer from our school that runs xp service pack I have a computer set up in my living room that is unplugged/used cable A added is computer network running xp service pack and that is the computer that is set up with the wireless router I also have two laptops bought new that I occasionally run off of the wireless router with no problems one laptop is xp one is vista Well this computer we bought from the school was brought home and turned on I thought it would pick up on the wireless connection with no problem they said it was wireless at the school but all I am getting is quot a network cable is unplugged quot I ran the internet connection wizard not sure if I was supposed to do that or not but either way it didn't help I A network cable is unplugged/used computer added still get the same message Can someone point me in the right direction I did a search for my problem but as soon as I type in a network cable is unplugged you can just imagine all of the goodies that pops up and nothing seems to be what I need Thanks Lisa

A:A network cable is unplugged/used computer added

Hi Lisa and welcome to TSF !

Go to start => run and type devmgmt.msc. Expand network adapters and give us the names of all the devices you see there. If there's some kind of warning sign next to one of the network adapters then tell us about it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-network-cable-is-unplugged-used-computer-added-191793.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I ran two Linux distrobutions on my computer KateOS didn t work monitor didn t like something and Ubuntu I didn t install anything I was just having a look to see if I could make a partition smaller with it so I could then install one of the Linux OS s Anyway my problem is that now I have stopped using the Live CD s and have gone back onto windows it is saying that the Network Cable is Unplugged or some other message to that effect I have done several things to try to get it working but nothing has Here is what I have done so far I restarted the computer several times I reinstalled the drivers of the Ethernet socket thingy It s built into the motherboard I did a system restore and then un-restored it after that didn t work I disabled the Ethernet socket thingy in device manager and then enabled it again I unplugged the router from the power and plugged it back in again I unplugged the ethernet cables at both ends and reconnected That s all I can remember doing at the moment but "Network cable Solved: unplugged message unplugged" although it isn't I may have done one or two things extra to Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged these The only thing I can think of doing extra to this would be reformatting the harddrive and reinstalling windows which I d rather not do I do not know if the ethernet socket thing works in Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged Linux or not but I could try it out if you think it will help The device manager on windows says it is running correctly but I still get the Network Cable Unplugged message pop up every Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged so often I get no internet whatsoever on the desktop I m on the laptop at the moment On the router the connection light flashes instead of staying on like it normally does so I think the router is recognising there is a connection of some sort just not one that works All my computers stats should be accessable in my quot Computer Specs quot however if there is anything else you need then just ask Thanks Giltrap nbsp

A:Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-cable-unplugged-message-although-it-isnt-unplugged.684243/
Relevancy 87.29%

I installed iogear bluetooth on my pc sometime last year but didn't use it but now I need it to communicate to my cell phone. When I inserted the adapter I get the error: network cable unplugged.

I can see the software is there but not sure how to proceed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bluetooth-network-error-network-cable-unplugged-windows-xp.1113865/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello all I have a very strange problem Until recently I had no problem connecting two PC s directly using a crossover cable Both have onboard NICs I then installed a number of Win Cable SP2 Unplugged Network Win Pro Solved: XP XP updates using Autopatcher and since then Solved: Win XP Pro SP2 Network Cable Unplugged my LAN is always reported as quot Network cable unplugged quot The problem first Solved: Win XP Pro SP2 Network Cable Unplugged appeared on a machine at work which I couldn t fix Eventually the HDD was formatted Win XP reloaded and the problem disappeared I didn t reapply hthe Win XP updates as a LAN is crucial at work It then happened to my home PC affecting both the desktop and laptop PC s and to date I have tried the following Update drivers Latest drivers for Nforce was June Change Speed Duplex settings - tried everything from HD to FD Change DHCP settings Netbios settings When I tweak the speed duplex to HD on both machines the desktop still has the same error but the laptop fluctuates between acquiring IP address and cable disconnected The cable is fine I ve used it on another machine all connections are ok No lights come on on either NIC but when the laptop does its FD jiggle the lights on it flash now and then My ipconfig all readout looks like this Windows IP Configuration Host Name Yahya Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -F - B- - B PPP adapter Nokia E USB Modem OTA Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled The Desktop is using an Nvidia onboard lan on an Asus A N Sli premium motherboard The laptop has a Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet also onboard I have searched google for the lat two months for a solution and most threads just advise quot use a crossover cable quot quot change speed quot or quot move the NIC obviously not an option quot Which leads me to my final question Is this a software problem with XP as the problem only arose once the so-called updates were applied All and any help is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

I am posting here as it would appear my issue is caused by an application rather than a network issue No doubt Rhapsody Player is the culprit Network A Cable is Solved: Unplugged but looking for suggestions about how to determine exactly what is happening My computer Solved: A Network Cable is Unplugged is on a small home network using a D-Link wireless router This computer uses a Cat cable connection to the router rather than the wireless interface Internet connection is made using a Cat cable from the router to the cable modem on my Verizon FIOS service When I start the Rhapsody Player I get the message quot A network cable is unplugged quot and then am unable to access the Internet This only happens when the Rhapsody Player is opened no other application causes this reaction Once I shut down the Rhapsody Player the network connection resets and the Internet is once again accessible This only started after I upgraded the Rhapsody Player to version previous I have searched the Rhapsody and Real Network sites for clues so far to no avail I ve also attempted to determine how to roll back the Rhapsody Player to the previous version again to no avail The previous version does not appear to be available Thanks in advance for any suggestions C nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

Hi I bought a Belkin N router to replace my old Netgear router because the Netgear router was working intermittently The Belkin Router is set up and appears to be working wirelessly and wired except on my Compaq Presario Windows Vista desktop computer I can connect wirelessly or wired on all of the computers in the house except this one The error that Solved: Cable Network Unplugged? I am getting is that a network cable is unplugged The computer will not even recognized that it is plugged in to the router I can connect to the old router right away or I can bypass it and connect directly to the modem but the computer will not recognize the new Belkin router I ve checked the cables and all of the LAN ports using different computers and they all work fine I have re-installed the network driver but that did not help I cannot think of anything else to try Belkin tech support has determined that there is nothing wrong with the router and HP support won t help me because the warranty is expired Solved: Network Cable Unplugged? The computer is a Compaq Presario SR P running Windows Vista Home Basic Help nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

Windows XP Pro SP3, Onboard Lan (ABIT nf-m2), Linksys router

Hi, I'm kind of stumped on a little networking problem i am having. I just reinstalled windows because my system was beginning to run way too slow. I got everything working again but the network. I have an icon on the bottom right by the time that says a network cable is unplugged. I went to "network connections" and under "LAN or High-Speed Internet" I have two devices. "1394 Net Adapter" and another with a red X on it named "Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI".

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 86.86%

Just got a new Dell 4550 with WinXP and notice that in the bottom right tray, I always have a symbol (two overlapping PCs) with a red X on it. When I double click on it, I get a dialog box that is titled "LAN or High-Speed Internet", and the message in the box says...

Local Area Connection
Network cable unplugged
Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network

I'm not using, nor do I think I ever attempted to set up, a LAN or High-Speed Internet connection. I'm currently just using a dial-up connection via a phone line. This doesn't stop me from doing anything, but its just an annoyance, and I'd like to know how to get rid of it. Thanks, Mike

A:(Solved) Network cable unplugged??

The icom you see is the status box for your network card. If your not running any sort of network, then you can disable it from showing up.

Go to;

START> CONNECT TO> SHOW ALL CONECTIONS>

Right-Click Local Area connections icon and go into its properties.

Un-Check 'Show icon in notification area when connected' checkbox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-cable-unplugged.133462/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi, I have read a lot on this problem, but still have it.

I have got an old Compaq Presario S5000NX. The original users, never used the ethernet network card (just as a standalone PC). I have reinstalled Windows XP Professional, and the corresponding drivers from the site; also, the latest BIOS. Everything looks in good condition in the Device Manager.

The Local Area Network Connection icon says "A network cable is unplugged" with the (working) ethernet cable connected. I changed all the options in the configuration and checked that everything is OK in the BIOS. Also, tried with another working ethernet PCI card, and the problem is still there.

Some suggestions? Thanks,

Augusto

Relevancy 86.86%

The error message "A network cable is unplugged" has started showing up an hour ago.
I changed nothing in my computer and operating system in the last moments before it happened.
I'm now using a wireless connection (which totally sucks) to post this message.

I've checked the two ends of the network cable and they are both fine and not loose at all.
I've also disabled and re-enabled my built-in LAN card and restarted the computer.

I'm considering buying a new network cable, but I'm asking before to know for sure that it is the absolute solution to the problem.
So... is it?

Relevancy 86.86%

hey ppl i gotta problem "local area 2 connection a network cable is unplugged" ive looked in the forums but they mostly apply 2 wireless, laptop, connecting to other computers (gr8 its saying it again ) yea my computer is a stand alone am using a BT voyager 105 adsl modem, windows XP SP2, AOL is my ISP talked 2 them but really no help after doing wut they say so if any 1 has any solutions then that wud be a gr8 help thanks ps plz tell me in simple words lol

lol = laff out loud
plz = please
ppl = people
just 2 those who dont know

Relevancy 86.86%

I ve set up a home wireless network I ve got Network Solved: unplugged? cable cable line into my cable modem an ethernet line out of the modem and into a Linksys WRT G wireless router and an ethernet cable out of the router into my main computer s ethernet adapter Upstairs I have a second computer with a Linksys WMP G wireless card Both computers run XP-Home I ve run the Network Setup Wizard on both computers Upstairs in the system tray I have a wireless network icon that tells me the network is alive and well I do have internet and email up there I have another icon for my LAN connection which is red-x ed saying that quot a network cable is unplugged quot There is no unplugged cable I m trying to set up the file and printer sharing end of it Yesterday I saw both computers in my network connections on the Solved: Network cable unplugged? downstairs computer under the quot mshome quot network but nothing upstairs Today it s pretty much nothing just quot local area connection quot Does anyone know of any possible explanations Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

hi i have a proberlm with a error message , i have a computer running windows 2000, and im trying to install a tplink usb network adapter tl-wn821n on to the computer.
i can install the drivers and the client utility, and it works and connects to the desired network up until i have to restart the computer, for the software to finish installing , and once the computer restarts i get a error mesage sayng that a network cable is unplugged and it flicks from that to the software trying to connect to the network and back to the error message and so forth. im unsure if its a hardware\software confliction, or just the wifi network adapter is inconpatible with my computer
any help would be gratefull
many thanks

joel

A:Solved: network cable unplugged

or just the wifi network adapter is inconpatible with my computerClick to expand...

it may be incompatable with windows 2000
BUT
i get a error mesage sayng that a network cable is unpluggedClick to expand...

This would be for the LAN not the wireless

I think this program works on windows 2000
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download and install
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php

Then run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
-------------------
If not we can try netstumbler which does http://www.stumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-cable-unplugged.906435/
Relevancy 86.86%

I have a Toshiba A215 S6804.Was working until got a new modem from comcast it says ethernet cable unplugged but its plugged.tried a different laptop its fine.tried all sorts of suggestions.Nothing is working.Would putting a fresh copy of Win7 help

Relevancy 86.86%

I just connected two computers in my home via a ethernet cable. Both have network cards previously installed, which showed "network cable unplugged".

after connecting both computers, and installing NetBEUI on both, it still shows "network cable unplugged".

What am I missing ?

A:Solved: Network cable unplugged

Did you use a Regular Cable or a Crossover? This type of connection requires a Crossover Cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-cable-unplugged.298902/
Relevancy 85.14%

I am using a Dell Inspiron - Network No Unplugged Connection Internet Cable Solved: N running Windows It has worked fine until today I am able to connect to my usual network with a strong signal but it states quot Solved: No Internet Connection - Network Cable Unplugged No Internet Access quot I run the troubleshooter and it tells me I am connected to the network router but no connection from the router to the internet I have powered everything down - laptop modem and router and then powered them back up with no Solved: No Internet Connection - Network Cable Unplugged luck I have checked the operating status in device manager and it says my card and wireless adapter are working fine We have several other laptops and ipads connecting perfectly fine to the internet Only my laptop has the issue Is my nic card bad I even bought a USB wireless micro adapter to bypass the internal card to connect to the internet but the same error message keep coming up HELP I have been trying to find a resolution for about hours now amp I just want to cry Please help I cannot connect to the internet with the problem laptop so I can t download anything to help either nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Hello Everyone And Happy New Year New to this site My problem is I was on my pc left to go to the store when I came home I got this message and my pc won quot t log me on Using xp pro ser pk Firefox wired connection Server not found Firefox can't find the server at isearch avg com But my home page is yahoo com I checked this out and it said I had Error Code not sure what this is or if it's relevant to my case My wife's pc which I'm using now she doesn't have that problem I have no problem logging on with her pc She's using Internet Explorer with the same wired connection Both have Windows xp I also found out that in Network Connections I have Red X Local Area Connection Network Cable Unplugged I checked everything and all were connected I tried unplugging the modem and linksys than waiting seconds and reconnecting them still the same problem Thank-You John God

A:[SOLVED] Server Not Found Network Cable Unplugged

This post can now be closed.
The problem was a broken wire plug leading into the linksys.
The end that locks the wire into the linksys was broken off
Was not making contact.............

Thank-You,
Johngod

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-server-not-found-network-cable-unplugged-626207.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I m having some serious issues connecting my Dell Inspiron laptop to the internet I m running Windows XP Home edition The laptop connects perfectly well to the wireless Issues: Cable Wifi Network Unplugged Solved: network great signal strength everything seemingly fine using an IntelProset wireless adaptor However there is Solved: Wifi Issues: Network Cable Unplugged no actual internet connection can t load pages can t check e-mails etc The Solved: Wifi Issues: Network Cable Unplugged wireless adaptor shows no errors but the local area connection shows the error quot network cable unplugged quot Now here s the puzzle this happens only on selected wireless networks Of the four networks I have frequently been using over the past year or so all in different locations two work perfectly well with normal internet connection and two suddenly give me trouble Also the two giving me trouble worked normally up until a couple of months ago and now I have the problem with any new wireless connections I try to access I don t think it can be a problem with the actual connections modems routers because other users are having no problems I ve tried disabling and re-enabling the local area connection I ve tried changing the link speed and duplex I ve tried updating and reinstalling the driver for my broadcom x integrated controller I ve tried restoring my system to early February in short all the troubleshooting steps I could find related to this problem and all to no avail I can no longer put up with this little quirk because I m now permanently located at one of the quot dud quot connections so I would really appreciate any and all help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

I am having this issue and have been searching online for days with no solution, so hoping someone here can help..
I have a dell laptop that suddenly started getting this message about network cable is unplugged, when it in fact isn't.. I cannot run ipconfig, i get an error that says it's not allowed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. The light on the network port is on, and I've tried several known working cables with no luck. I even went so far as to buy a dlink ethernet adapter that plugs into the laptop slot (pcm I think it's called) and this network card has the same issue, however works perfectly in another machine. I have tried winsock repairs I found online, but having no luck anywhere.
Any suggestions? Any further questions? Thanks!

John

A:Network cable unplugged error, but it's not unplugged

If it is not unplugged, you have a damaged socket, damaged cable, or damaged or defective ethernet card.
What error flags to you have in the Device Manager?
What is your Dell model and how old is it?
Using a strong light and a magnifying glass, look for bent or twisted wire in the ethernet socket., or just plain ol dirt, dust, hair, and fiber.
Still, a bad cable is most user's most likely problem. Do't forget that the other end of the connection can give you the same error message.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged-error-but-its-not-unplugged.133483/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have had this issue for a very long time and have come to the conclusion that is is my msn causing this error I have had technicians out here to replace the modem router and all the cables including the ethernet and i cable Solved: error. messenger network causing unplugged msn am still getting this issue I am able to use msn for a few minutes then i get the common notification on the bottom right quot network cable has been unplugged quot This stops all my internet activity and then it reconnects after a few seconds I sign back into msn and sure enough it happens again If i stay signed out of msn the problem seems to stop I do not have any virus s spyware or any of that type of stuff i am good with computers and i have done all of the basics I found another post related to my problem but it was a few years ago so im not sure the fix would be the same Anyone have any ides Post of someone have the same problem a few years back nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi im a newbie on the site and need help My main pc keeps dropping the connetion to the internet when my laptop is shut down I have pc laptop main when shutdown network unplugged just set up a x micro router so that my daughter can use my internet connection with her laptop everthing works fine while the laptop is connected but as soon as the laptop is shut down the connection keeps saying local area connection unplugged every few minuets then if i reconnect the laptop the connection is fine again main pc network unplugged when laptop shutdown The connection is also ok when the main pc is directly into the modem so its not the connection The main pc is on win and is hard wired into the router I also have just connected another old pc which is also on win to the router hard wired and it s connection drops out at the same time as the main pc so it appears to be a problem between the router and the modem which is confusing as it then works ok when the lap is working on wireless can any one help thanks in anticipation main pc network unplugged when laptop shutdown malc nbsp

A:main pc network unplugged when laptop shutdown

Welcome to TechSpot

Can you explain some more what you have there?

Modem (cable, dsl or dialup) which one?
Router (wired or wireless)
Main PC running Windows 2000 Pro or ME?
Laptop running what OS?
Is the Laptop wireless or wired?

Did you create a home workgroup network?
Did you give it a name like (malc23)

Are all the PCs setup correctly to obtain the IP?
Which brand of Router did you get?

On the Main PC do this...
Click on start
Click on run
type: cmd (if you're running Windows 2000 Pro)
type: cd\windows
type: ipconfig /all >mainpc.txt
type: route print >mainpc2.txt
press enter
type: exit

Now

click on start
click on run
type: c:\windows\mainpc.txt
click okay
click on start
click on run
type: c:\windows\mainpc2.txt

Now repeat the above for the laptop but make sure you change first mainpc.txt to lappc.txt and call the second one mainpc2.txt to lappc2.txt.

Compare what you get to see what's going on in your workgroup network setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/main-pc-network-unplugged-when-laptop-shutdown.67650/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, I have a brand new Dell Precision Workstation with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I have not been able to connect to networks or the internet. It does not recognize that it is plugged into the network/internet via an ethernet cable. The computer has a Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet adapter which appears to be detected and running normally. However it says "network cable unplugged" even though it is fully plugged in. Does anyone know of a solution or what the problem may be?

A:Network cable unplugged message when using ethernet cable

Is that your only connection? What is your network setup? Are you running through a router or a switch?

Try another cable. That one may be bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121044-network-cable-unplugged-message-when-using-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello Since last night my LAN connection has been giving me the error quot Network cable unplugged quot I have tried swapping the cable with another swapping the ports on the router restarting the router power cycling the router turning off the router and my computer and in Network is error: plugged cable Unplugged Cable then turning them back on and nothing has worked My computer has two network connections Realtek PCIe Network Cable Unplugged error: cable is plugged in GBE Family Controller and a Hamachi network which the computer is using but not getting Internet on of course - I assume because it isn't giving a network cable unplugged error This is the network controller that comes on my Gigabyte MA X-UD P motherboard and it has the latest driver from the manufacturer's site In the device manager it says that the device is working properly There is a green light under the ethernet cable on the router but not where it attaches to the motherboard I can't remember if there was one before or not though The Realtek Diagnostics Tool says the following IP Address Connection NAme Local Area Network Link Status Disconnected It has a tab for Cable diagnostics which says the following Pair Length Status - Normal - Normal - Normal - Short When I run diagnostics Register Mac Loopback PHY Loopback IRQ and FIFO all pass Here is what ipconfig all says Primary Dns Suffix Node type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - d- d-eb-b DHCP yes Autoconfig Yes Then it has the Hamachi connection a Tunnel adapter isatap numbers another Tunnel adapter isatap different numbers Tunnel Adapter LAN and Tunnel adapter T Adapter I've tried plugging the ethernet cable into another computer instead of the router to see if it detects an Unknown Network but it still says unplugged Running the Windows Diagnostics asks me if it's plugged in I click next step and that's all it offers It was working yesterday It might have updated If not the only thing I can think of that changed on our network which admittedly consists of a lot of things at the moment two smart phones a macbook two laptops three desktops - one of them being the one having the problem - a Nintendo DS and two Wiis is that we just hooked up one of the Wiis to Nintendo's WiFi Center yesterday for the first time On the router's home page it views my computer's status as quot offline quot I checked its dedicated IP and made sure none of the others overlapped and they don't The computer in question cannot access the router which is a wire Gateway Oof any ideas

A:Network Cable Unplugged error: cable is plugged in

Quote: Originally Posted by sodivided

It has a tab for Cable diagnostics, which says the following (Pair/Length/Status):

1-2 0 Normal
3-6 115 Normal
4-5 0 Normal
7-8 191 Short

Have you tried a different network cable? Your diags here say you have a short on 7-8.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60308-network-cable-unplugged-error-cable-plugged.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I m currently experiencing a new problem with a customers machine Its Local Area Connection under network connections flips between the enabled state and Network Cable Unplugged I ve went Connect and 'enabled' 'Network flips Cable Network Unplugged' between through the line and confirmed its plugged in and the ports lights are blinking properly I m unsure whats causing the problem but have a feeling its either a windows networking Network Connect flips between 'enabled' and 'Network Cable Unplugged' service or the driver I m tending to lean toward driver since it connected fine yesterday and downloaded MB of updates I have tried re-installing the same driver that i used yesterday to get it on the internet with no success Device manager says there s nothing wrong with the Ethernet driver Network Connect flips between 'enabled' and 'Network Cable Unplugged' but it does list another ethernet controller although I m pretty sure that it is the wifi device which I haven t been able to get its driver to work either Network Connect flips between 'enabled' and 'Network Cable Unplugged' The computers model is an quot HP Pavilion DV - DX quot it is running a fresh install of Vista Home Premium bit Any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Network Connect flips between 'enabled' and 'Network Cable Unplugged'

Have you tried manually setting the port duplex/speed?

For this to work you need to be able to specify the speed/duplex on both ends of the connection (i.e. at the switch as well as the machine).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connect-flips-between-enabled-and-network-cable-unplugged.931244/
Relevancy 76.97%

Good evening.I was given a dell insiperon 500 laptop.My or is windows xp proffesional.Heres my problem.when I start the computer II get a message that a network cable is unplugged.Due to this ,although I know my modem works and the phone line is working,IIm told theres no dial tone.Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem. TThanks

Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Lenovo J Series running XP Professional with SP I m using a Westell VersaLink W Wireless Router Modem I lost my INTERNET connection with an Ethernet cable directly connected to the Ethernet port on the router modem There are ports and I have tried each of them I also Network Cable unplugged completely turned off the modem and pc and started again I m unable to make an xbox live connection I assumed because I was able to make a wireless connection to another PC in the house the xbox was bad and I sent it off for repairs It returned with the same problem Still unable to make a connection I then figured it was my PC so I had it rebuild by one of the Computer engineers Network Cable unplugged work He had no problem making a connection to Network Cable unplugged his dsl I spent minutes on the phone with Verizon my ISP He said the software for the Ethernet card was corrupt I don t know how it could have gotten corrupt with the transfer of the pc from his place to mine I asked him if the ports could have gone bad on the modem and he said yes but not in this case Network Cable unplugged it is a software issue When you run the CMD prompt and ipconfig there is no address listed I connected another desktop PC via the Ethernet cable to the modem and nothing FYI the Ethernet cables are new The modem router is years old I can however get a wireless connection on my laptop and desktop When I connect the laptop via the Ethernet cable I got a connection Could the Ethernet ports on the modem router be bad Is it a software issue I am so lost and frustrated Can anyone help nbsp

A:Network Cable unplugged

If this multiple machines can't connect to the ports on this router, and your machine connects using a wired connection to another network, the logical assumption is that the ports on the router are bad.

You say you get a connection with the laptop to the wired ports? From that "working" laptop connected wired and wirelessly to the router, let's see this.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.796616/
Relevancy 76.97%

Custom built computer, Intel 1000 MB, All in wonder video, 5 HD's, use it for photography and DVD creation etc. Using XP pro as OS. recently, upon screen saver start-up, get message that "network cable unplugged".
Changed all cables (wireless works fine, same as router), swapped ports, uninstalled and reinstalled screen saver., uninstalled and loaded new drivers,opened up case for max air flow, same problem. tried 3 different screen savers loaded with XP, same problem. note, worked fine for months.
When I lose the connection, must disconnect power than boot-up.
What did I miss?
largrasr

Relevancy 76.97%

Recently switched from Verizon to Comcast internet service. Comcast supplied a gateway router to connect to my desktop computer which is running XP Home Edition. I can not connect to the internet because it is telling me that a "network cable is unplugged" I have checked the cable on both ends and all seems fine, even replaced the cable in case it was a bad connector...still no luck. I do have access with my laptop via wireless so I am pretty sure this is a Microsoft XP issue. Have seen a lot of blogs complaining about this and would really appreciate the expert advice of this forum! Thx..

A:XP - "Network Cable Unplugged"

Welcome aboard Did you call Comcast to check your settings?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444485/xp-network-cable-unplugged/
Relevancy 76.97%

I keep getting the message, xp home edition, that the network cable is unplugged, but it is not ! It is plugged in fine. Can anybody suggest anything?

A:network cable is unplugged....NOT!!!

Hello Ania and welcome to Tech Support Forums................:D

Is this a new machine or has it been running on a network with the same hardware?....................

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-is-unplugged-not-3163.html
Relevancy 76.97%

K guys heres the deal. Think there might be fault with 1 of the ADSL wall ports/phone jack in 1 of the rooms in my house so ive moved the modem from there to another room and im running my laptop there from the modem connected and the ADSL seems to be fine. Now the computer in the previous room with the faulty ADSL Wall port is giving me an error message 'A network cable is unplugged' when i connect an ethernet cable from the computer to the ethernet wall port above the possible faulty phone jack there. Any clue why it might be doing this. the cable is fine and when i ran ipconfig i got the media dissconeccted message. do u reckon there could be a problem with the ethernet jack on the wall too? Or would i need a new sort of connection.Pls help! Thanks

A:A network cable is unplugged

sounds like you have a problem with the cable/jack in that area
Can you move the computer from the other room so that you connect directly to the router rather than go through the wall that would confirm the wall cable/socket

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-network-cable-is-unplugged.928070/
Relevancy 76.97%

Ack! I am at my wit's end. We have four networked computers running W2K. All of a sudden all four are giving "network cable unplugged" messages. Connecting and re-connecting every few seconds. Had Comcast in and the router is fine. We are a small charity and I am the accidental techie. I had installed RAM in all four before this problem started. Any ideas? TIA, Robin

Relevancy 76.97%

I m sure a million others have Unplugged Network Cable asked about this but here goes I ve had to replace Network Cable Unplugged my router lightning My old router had gigabit LAN Network Cable Unplugged ports and so does the new one In between lt i was using a temporary router with mbps ports only With this one Windows reports quot Network cable unplugged quot when my NIC is set to Autonegotiate Realtek GBEe gigabit LAN If I change it to mbps Full duplex it works fine Forced FD doesn t work The cable is obviously fine since the old router waorked at gigabit speed with it with autonegotiate Wireless connections to the router are unaffected I think as usual Windows has done something to its settings Can anyone help Please It s pointless I have a gigabit NIC and router and then am forced to use mbps speed My ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name YahyasPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- -A - -FE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe de cf a c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - C- -A - -FE- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C E -B F - A- C-B B F B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c f d b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f d b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Network Cable Unplugged No Internet Connection Greetings everyone Just the other day I began to experience a problem with my Internet connection On Network cable unplugged. is one of my PCs in the notification area an icon consisting of two monitors with a red quot X quot appeared with the message quot Local Area Connection A network cable is unplugged quot However the cable is not unplugged My other PC and laptop which is wireless can connect to the Internet so I know it s not my ISP or my router First I thought it may be the cable so I replaced it with another cable I had No Network cable is unplugged. luck Then I thought it may be the port on the router so I plugged it into one of the other ports including the port that the working PC was plugged into Still no luck Next I checked Device Manager gt Network Network cable is unplugged. Adapters gt Intel R PRO VE Network Connection There is no exclamation point next to it Plus under Properties it indicates that this device is working properly I shut down all my computers and unplugged the dsl modem and router I waited a few minutes and then plugged in the modem followed by the router Once both of those were fully booted I turned my computers back on Still no connection for the problem PC I went back into Device Manager and uninstalled the network adapter Following this I went to Add Hardware The PC found the new hardware and installed it successfully However immediately upon reinstalling the hardware components the unplugged network cable icon reappeared Following this I went to Run typed quot cmd quot and then quot ipconfig quot Under Windows IP Configuration it reads quot Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected quot Is this the source of the problem If so how do I fix this I am using a Gateway XL with Windows XP Home The ISP provide is Verizon and the router is a Netgear WGR v BTW I have tried System Restore but this didn t correct the issue either Thanks in advance IanClick to expand Through the magic of Google I was led to this two year old post and read through it I am having the same exact problem except that the diagnosis which is a faulty NIC may be incorrect because the computer is brand new When I first recieved the computer I installed the drivers and the internet worked completely fine I began to get some display errors and decided to reformat After that I have been getting the error ever since Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks again nbsp

A:Network cable is unplugged.

New or not, I still vote for a faulty NIC. I had one customer recently who had a new computer and he bought a cable from me and complained that it was faulty having had the same symptoms that you are having. Long story short: it seemed that the female RJ45 jack on the NIC card was faulty (probably a cold solder joint, but that is just a guess.) He replaced the card and, magically, my cable started working for him.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-is-unplugged.100599/
Relevancy 76.97%

ok well im on a friends computer and he has it done wireless, now we are having a lan party but no wireless router. So we decited to hook up with an ethernet cable. I downloaded the drivers for this ethernet card (they didnt have them for some reason), and it now reconises the card but it says that its unplugged, the first cable we used was a brand new one just bought today, then we used an old one that he had, and the last one i tryed is one that went to my pc that i know is good, yet its still telling me that the cable is unplugged. Ive tryed all 3 cables with the wireless enabled and disabled. any suggestions?

A:network cable unplugged

Plug the cable in and look at the network card where you plugged the cable in. There should be lights that are lit up. Are there lights lit up? If so, what color are they. If the lights are not lit up, then the card is most likely bad. Also, if it is an onboard network card, then check the BIOS to see if it is ENABLED!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.529267/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,

I am having only ONE PC with Windows XP professional. Now PC is showing ?Network cable unplugged? error.

Since I don?t have another PC, no network cable is to be connected on the PC.

Please tell me how can resolve this problem.

A:Network cable unplugged

Welcome to TSF!

Are you on a Dial-up connection?
A computer with a red X through it next to your clock?
If you're on Dial-up you can disable that because it's for LAN or High-Speed Internet.
Go to Control Panel/Network Connections/right click on Local Area Connection>Disable.
That should get rid of it, but only do that if you have a Dial-up connection!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-unplugged-176421.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Sorry if this is a repeated problem here, but I tryed finding help, and nothing was close enough to my problem.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Basic, SP2 on a laptop.
I have Broadcom Netlink (TM) Fast Eathernet.

My LAC is not working (and thus my internet). In my Network connections, the wireless network connection is working great with 5 bars, but my Local Area Connection says "Network cable is unplugged". I have a PC(wired) and an other notebook(wireless) using the same router.

I've tried connecting to the internet with this laptop at someone else's house, I've trying wiring it: same thing.

I've made sure all my settings are on "Obtain ip/DNS automatically", I've ipcongfiged and repaired the winsock/TCP IP (netsh...). I've diagnosted the problem, it just tells me to plug in the cable.

And that's it.

Thank you for any help.

A:Network Cable Unplugged

Hi This is not my field but the first thoughts I have is faulty cable,or faulty port,if you can try another cable,or try the one you have on your other computer,you can try shining a torch into the port and look for any damaged pins

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-cable-unplugged-451839.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Just got a new Dell 4550 with WinXP and notice that in the bottom right tray, I always have a symbol (two overlapping PCs) with a red X on it. When I double click on it, I get a dialog box that is titled "LAN or High-Speed Internet", and the message in the box says...

Local Area Connection
Network cable unplugged
Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network

I'm not using, nor do I think I ever attempted to set up, a LAN or High-Speed Internet connection. I'm currently just using a dial-up connection via a phone line. This doesn't stop me from doing anything, but its just an annoyance, and I'd like to know how to get rid of it. Thanks, Mike

A:Network cable unplugged??

Rigth click on the icon will bring up network connections. Highlight the offending LAN connection - should have a red X on it.

Right click
Select Disable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-unplugged-5406.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Lan has not been working on my laptop for a long time I remember correctly it used to work at start Laptop model is Hp ProBook s Unplugged Cable Network Lan model I don t know what technically should they call it is Realtek PCIe Network Cable Unplugged GBE Family Controller OS is windows ultimate I decided to test it again today Now it says network cable unplugged Cable is connected Lights are on both my router lan port and laptop lan port There are lights on my laptop lan port One is green that is always stays on when connected to router and the other is orange that blinks I have tried different ethernet cables Both cables are ok I have attached them with another Tp link portable router and can use internet via wifi I have more than one router and more than one ethernet cables They are ok Problem is with my lan Do lan become faulty I would like to uninstall and reinstall driver but how can i do so Another strange thing i have noticed If i disable wireless network connection LAN connection also vanishes from network connections page nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.1156061/
Relevancy 76.97%

Anybody know how to fix the ?Local Area Connection A Network Cable is Unplugged? icon in the system tray?

try checking to make sure ur network cables are securely locked in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-unplugged-27497.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My PC's internet (plugged into a router) is working fine before but suddenly, it stopped working and it shows the message Network Cable Unplugged. I tried changing the ports in the router, but still it doesn't work. I plugged in the cable to my laptop and the cable works fine. I am wondering what is causing this problem. Thanks in advance for your help :)

and also, what tests can i perform to help solve this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-unplugged-532244.html
Relevancy 76.97%

hi guys

my computer keeps poping up with the "netowrk cable is unplugged" every few second and then reconnects. and it is REALLY annoying. im pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the hardware as i have not even touched it for a while.

if you guys see any other trojans or spyware it it would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 76.97%

This is a desktop and is connected to the router by wire not wirelessly I bought a router yesterday and I followed every step in the manual exactly After repeating it a couple times I still can't get any internet Before that I had internet and everything was working fine Then I went to my Network and Sharing Center and I pressed something either the one with the Cable Network unplugged is computer name and the line connecting to the internet globe or in view your active networks section When I pressed that all of a sudden there was an quot X quot on the line connecting to the globe I called Comcast to see if they can help me and the lady Network Cable is unplugged told me she cannot find my network adapter So I went to my other desktop which is also connected to the internet by wire and she found that computer's network adapter I checked everything checking if the ethernet cord is all the way in and make sure its connected still it says network cable is unplugged Network Cable is unplugged even though the ethernet cable is plugged in all the way I reinstalled my network adapter and still it cannot connect to the internet Please tell me what I'm doing wrong and any way to fix it Thank You Network Cable is unplugged Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting Photo Sharing amp Video Hosting Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting Photo Sharing amp Video Hosting Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting Photo Sharing amp Video Hosting Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting Photo Sharing amp Video Hosting Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting Photo Sharing amp Video Hosting Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting Photo Sharing amp Video Hosting Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting Photo Sharing amp Video Hosting

A:Network Cable is unplugged

I would try another ethernet cable. Maybe yours is broken.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121858-network-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am currently using a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4134 laptop. The laptop contains an internal Intel Pro/1000 PL Network Connection. I use an ethernet wire, because the wireless signal is weak where im located. Recently, my LAN stopped working. I went to the network connection and it says, "Network Cable unplugged" under the LAN icon. I changed the ethernet wire 2x to no avail. I went to my friends house, and tried to use his ethernet wire to connect me to no avail. I restarted his router and nothing worked, but he could use internet on his computer. So does anyone know what I should do? im guessing its a intel hardware issue..has anyone seen this before?...if so please help.

Relevancy 76.97%

I have computers running Windows XP Sp a laptop and desktops that were all previously connected at cable is unplugged? network A different times to my adsl modem using the same Ethernet cable The modem only has one Ethernet plug so it s impossible to connect computers at the same time All computers are running Kaspersky Internet Security Last A network cable is unplugged? week there was a problem with my IP I lost my telephone service and broadband internet which both work through the same external modem The problem was fixed or so I thought within hours My laptop is now connecting to the internet using the Ethernet cable the same as it always was When I unplug the cable and plug it into my desktop the same way I have been doing for years I get the following error message a network cable is unplugged actually the message is always there I tried using a different cable The same problem occurred I decided to try the cable in my other desktop which was working fine with it some weeks ago A network cable is unplugged? I got the same error with that computer I don t think there s any way A network cable is unplugged? that both of my desktops could suddenly have bad NICs I then connected the desktop to the same modem using the USB cable and the internet works Unfortunately the USB connection causes my desktop to freeze pretty often I usually have to unplug the USB cable and suddenly everything works again This is very tedious I want my Ethernet cable to work again I called my IP and they claim it s a problem with my computer I explained that the chances are very very small that both of my desktops have bad NICs but they still claim that it s not their fault Recently I brought my desktop to a friend s house and connected it to his adsl modem My computer worked just fine and immediately connected to his internet Could it be possible that my IP is blocking my desktops All computers are set up the same way auto detecting DNS server and so forth Does anybody know what I could possibly try next to get my adsl modem to work with my desktop besides calling my internet service provider and arguing with them again nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

my other pc is a lieing peice of crap. I was just surfing, then my internet goes off. My dad has spent time to get internet from this PC to my PC over a shared network cable. and suddly, it means it can't connect cause the usb is 'unplugged' when clearly it isn't because ive just pushed it in hard and it clicked I know it's in.

what's going on?? I tried the other usb hole too. and I restarted the pc too. hELP!!!!

A:help 'network 2 cable unplugged' but it isn't

what operating system are you using

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-network-2-cable-unplugged-but-it-isnt.641722/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a dell laptop with windows xp home edition and a desktop with windows professional. I connected both computer with a network cable but the network icon on both machine said network cable unplugged. I heard that i need a crossover cable i don't know what is that. can anyone tell me how can a fix this problem.
thanks

You do need a crossover cable to go from PC to PC. Most any computer store should be able to make you one, or at least have one for sale. I don't see them often in retail stores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged.33688/
Relevancy 76.97%

My wireless connection works great for my laptop and itouch. However, I cannot connect to the internet on my main desktop computer. I have a Lynksys router. the lights 1-4 are not staying lit. It just doesn't make sense that the wireless works but my main computer won't connect. Anyone please help.

GW

A:Network Cable unplugged

Does this machine connect with a wired or wireless connection?

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and exact model and hardware version of the router.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

Have you tried to do a system restore to before the problem occurred?
If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless connection issues, have you removed all the stored wireless network profiles and then searched for the network?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.944781/
Relevancy 76.97%

Sorry i have seen many other threads but none of the solutions seem to be able to solve my problem I live in residence which has a wireless network and ethernet ports in every room For the past two months I primarily had my laptop plugged in but on occassion i went wireless Both worked fine Then recently while looking at my Cable Network Unplugged? network connections seeing that i was connected to two networks LAN and wireless i got the crazy idea that i could bridge them together and get super-fast internet dumb I then looked at the Network Cable Unplugged? network speed my LAN was normally around Mps and Wireless approx Mps the new quot bridged quot connection was only mps so i concluded that only the wireless network was being used Network Cable Unplugged? So i deleted the bridge then noticed that it said my network cable for my LAN was unplugged when it wasnt I know bridging the two internet connections is most likely the cause of this however i do not see why this problem wouldnt be fixed once i deleted the bridge I checked for updates to the driver i rolled it back updated it again nothing worked I did the ipconfig all to confirm that it was indeed quot unplugged quot Any ideas

A:Network Cable Unplugged?

Dont need the help anymore! Not really sure how it happened, but when i took it home and plugged it into my home router my laptop recognized the cable, and when i got back to rez it also worked...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/258788-network-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am running a Toshiba, Windows XP. This laptop was connected directly to the rounter and internet, but I got a new computer to take it's place so I could use the laptop in my room to do homework on. I have other computers that work just fine since I connected the new computer. My problem is this computer will not work on the wireless internet, it states, "Network cable unplugged". I'm sure it has something to do with being connected directly to the rounter and now it is not connected. I can use the laptop on wireless anywhere else except my own home. Can you help me?

Hi mwilson65, and welcome to TSG.

Is this the only computer that is using a wireless connection to the router? If so, is the wireless access point turned on in the router. Do you have any wireless encryption turned on in the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.702202/
Relevancy 76.97%

New...everything working great, the next day I get the X in the righthand corner and msg
Local Area Connection - Network cable unplugged.
Dialup - Disconnected, Firewall

I ran all of the test - has my machine been attacked. New PC 8mos now, WindowsXP. Help

Is the network cable unplugged?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.186012/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I have a wireless network using a wireless Beklin router which works OK.

My comuter is NEW (self built ! ) with a Asus A8 Deluxe motherborad and built in Marvell Yukon network card.

I also have a wireless card in the computer.

I can connect to the interent no problem with the wireless card but I can not connect through the network card and cable.

I know the router is ok and the cable works as I have a second computer which works ok using the same cable and port on the router.

I have updated the drivers for the network card but I can not get it to recognise when a cable is connected, its keeps telling me network cable is unplugged.

I can fix most proble,s but this one has got me stumpped.......

Thanks for any help

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I suddendly have no more internet. When I look at the connections Local Area Connection status switches rapidly between Enable then goes to Network cable unplugged with about 2 second between each status. Its making the router light flicker it just wont stay on Enable.

I tried to change wire and update drivers, no luck
Thanks

Fixed

Had to change the Duplex settings to 10 Mbps Full Duplex as auto and 100 does not work. Odd error it has been working for a long time

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204555-network-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Our internet turns off and on. It says "Local area connection a network cable is unplugged". We have wireless internet and my dad has a computer 15 yards away that is connected to the same wireless internet. I can't seem to find the problem. We did switch service providers recently so that may be it but I highly doubt it.

Please supply the following info.

Make/model of the broadband modem.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows, i.e. XP-Home SP2.

In addition, you didn't say if your dad's computer suffers the same issue, that would be useful information.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.582606/
Relevancy 76.97%

hi guys my computer keeps poping up with the quot netowrk cable is unplugged quot every few second and then reconnects and it is REALLY annoying im pretty sure cable unplugged???? network there is nothing wrong with the hardware as i have not even touched it for network cable unplugged???? a while any ways here it is also if you guys see any other trojans or spyware network cable unplugged???? it network cable unplugged???? it would be much appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield HssWPR hsssrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by ninemsn Optimised IE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO Hotspot Shield Class - F E A -E B - BC - A - A AE - C Program Files Hotspot Shield hssie HssIE dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Ado... Read more

A:network cable unplugged????

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We no longer use HijackThis as our initial analysis tool.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/network-cable-unplugged-379805.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I realise many people are having this issue and there any lots of threads about it all which i have spent hours looking through forums for answers but I am cable unplugged Another network not that computer savy to understand it all Haven't really come accross the same scenerio as i am having so here it is Just brought a Sony Vaio Laptop running Win home Premium Have a desktop computer running xp which is connected to modem and router Am running a D-link DSL- Another network cable unplugged T and Linksys wireless-G broadband Router model WRT G My issue is i can connect to the wireless network through the laptop but when i switch the wireless switch on the laptop every few minutes the desktop PC will drop the connection and display network cable unplugged then goes back and fourth connecting and disconnecting every few minutes as soon as i flick wireless switch off on laptop all is fine again wireless works as have another laptop running windows pro and can connect mobile phone through wireless and ipad etc I have had the internet load web pages but connection doesnt stay on Does the same thing when i try connecting directly using network cable May be some easy answer I honestly do not no where to begin Thanks

A:Another network cable unplugged

I updated firmware and appears to be working fine.
I had looked at doing that before i posted on forum but when i went onto routers website there was no update for version i had....then for some reason i got onto the UK home page instead of the US and there the correct version firmware was to download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206039-another-network-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 76.97%

i have LAN network cable unplugged problem, i have change network cable and restart switch but it still the same or it is cause by network adapter. what is the problem and how to fix it

A:LAN network cable unplugged

Are any lights appearing near the port where the cable is plugged in? Look on both ends of the cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-network-cable-unplugged.1093652/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi There -

Hoping someone can come up with a new solve on this. My asus Eee PC has "lost" it's connection to the atheros AR/8121/AR8113/AR8114P network adaptor.

I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers, tried reboot, tried creating a new connection. Computer says the device is working fine but no internet still and the unplugged error persists.

Is it simply that I need a new card?

Please help the ASUS is dangerously close to a window.......................

What errors come up? Also, this is a wireless connection right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged.192181/
Relevancy 76.97%

I ve Network Unplugged Cable just got a new desktop comp HP vista with built in Intel R PRO ve Network connection I ve tried to Network Cable Unplugged set it up with my old comp series XP SP originally ME with Realtek NIC card Network Cable Unplugged seated in PCI slot using crossover cable Network Cable Unplugged s Both comps are showing the network icon with red x in the sys tray and bubble message quot Network cable unplugged quot Having trawled many forums such as these i have come across many solutions and used them all in varying combnations including Installed as per instructions Re-installed Reseated card Tried alternative PCI slots amp cables Tried to update driver file on setup sotware is but there s no on-line support update function for the NIC so just finds it on the setup disc or in temp files on PC - so downloaded latest direct from RealTek - still nothing Changed settings from quot autodetect negotiation quot to quot fullplex amp half full amp half quot Troubleshot both cards quot working properly quot Installed LLTD protocol on XP comp although i think this is irrelevant at this stage if either comp thinks there s no connection - same with network set up wizards which i did anyway But no luck so far Any ideas I m hoping to avoid the quot get a router etc and go wireless quot answer unless there s no alternative and I m given the impression that a hub set up isn t necessary with two comps Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Are you absolutely sure that the cables you have tried are crossed and not striaghts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged.89109/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I have a Windows XP operating system that used to be connected to a wireless connection Belkin router After lots probs with wireless tech guy changed me to wired The pc unplugged! cable Network I was using was running low on memory and was slow therefore I used the reload cd I have multiple pcs running on this Network cable unplugged! router but now when I connect this one to the router the light on router Network cable unplugged! stays orange the message in network connections tells me that a network cable is unpluggeg but it is I know it is not the ethernet cable as it works fine on my vista next to it Have spoke with Belkin and they took me to ipconfig Message read was media state disconnected I have tried disable and enable on Lan connection Belkin say that my ethernet port is not working but it was working ok before When I was wireless I used a cable and wireless usb network adaptor any help from any one would be totally appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Error Getting A network cable is Unplugged OK so Brand new Office built everything went smooth as a coffee tabel well except the network issue that is Biostar A G Mobo AMD PH II X Black Edition Ghz GB GSKILL F - RAM WD WD BLFS Velociraptor HDD PSU Unplugged... is w/SP3!!! XP Network A cable ANTEC EA- D GREEN RT Again all the wires and cables are plugged where they should go A Network cable is Unplugged... XP w/SP3!!! AFAIK pc boots perfectly Bios is at DEFAULT Optimal Settings Installation of windows XP w SP also went well Now it was time to install the Motherboard CD drivers and that also went well but after restarting I found myself dumbfounded when I couldn't get to the internet After the immediate panic I uninstalled the driver and installed it again nothing Went to the Biostar site on my own PC and downloaded their latest drivers nothing Uninstall the NIC drivers and shut down the PC plugged in an old Gigabit PCI NIC Card I had working on my old office PC downloaded newest driver for it start the pc installed drivers restart plugged the Network Cable to the PCI Nic nothing Tried having both Network ports installed so I could switch the cable between them onboard and PCI nothing Google search for some answers Change Speed amp Duplex from quot Auto quot to Full Gigabit Duplex quot nothing Cable Router and Hubs are good checked them all against my own PC Throw me a bone people I am at my wit ends here I can not believe this is souring the good taste I had in my mouse because I had built the PC with no outside help whatsoever

A:A Network cable is Unplugged... XP w/SP3!!!

Hello,

Re-install the Chipset drivers if you havent already.

Have you tried updating the Firmware of the BIOS? Have you changed the patch lead to see if it is faulty? Changed the port on the switch?

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196523-network-cable-unplugged-xp-w-sp3.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a DELL LAT C610 working with Win 2K. It is an company laptop and I use at home and as well as at work, so I have more than 2 Network Connections,

The problem is that I keep getting the message "NETWORK CABLE UNPLUGGED" for the connection not being used can I get rid of this???

So far I have checked the value:
"Show Icon in Taskbar when connected" for all connections and Unchecked and this has done nothing to solve my problem,

Any help is appreciated??
Thanks in advance...

Do you use a docking station? If so then your notebook might be loading the profile for that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.224978/
Relevancy 76.97%

I am running win 2000 on a dell inspiron labtop 2500. I have a hawking technology wireless-g cardbus pc card. I have installed the software and it will find networks but I can't connect. The network cable unplugged is down on the taskbar but when I click on it, there are no problems. Under device manager no problems showing either. What could the problem be ?

Relevancy 76.97%

I cannot access the internet and a message comes up that there is a network cable unplugged, I have double checked everything is plugged in and it seems to be, the telephone line is in working order too, is there anything else it could be? Ive also turned everything off and put it back on again but it still comes up with the same message, any help much appreciated.

How do you connect to the Internet on this PC? (i.e. DSL, Cable modem, dial-up, wireless router, etc.)
Do you have multiple NICs in the PC?
Are you able to do an ipconfig/all through the command prompt (Windows 2000/XP) or winipcfg (Windows 98/ME) and get an IP address for any devices?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.538191/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello i've decided to try out windows bit after fresh clean install i had an issue with drivers for my integrated network card which i installed from CD i received when i've bought MB which is ASUS P B Deluxe with following network devices Marvell E PCIe x Gbit s LAN Marvell E PCI x Gbit s LAN now i have network devices displayed in device manager which appear to be working properly marvell yukon e pci gigabit ethernet controller marvell yukon e pci-e ethnernet controller and then quot other devices quot left with Network cable unplugged yellow exclamation mark ethernet controller rtl wireless i've disabled this one since i don't Network cable unplugged need wireless unknow device i also have tried to install newest drivers from marvell homepage but nothing has changed i've also tried to setup speed on both network devices from auto to mb full and half duplex but i'm still getting cable unplugged message i didn't play with router so far my network was working with XP bit without problems i have a feeling this problem will disappear with bit release but i'd rather try the bit one is there anything i can possibly do to get rid off this problem LE i've also tried to go directly with my internet cable without router but the result is the same

Quote: Originally Posted by osirisko

Hello,

i've decided to try out windows 7 64bit. after fresh clean install i had an issue with drivers for my integrated network card, which i installed from CD i received when i've bought MB, which is ASUS P5B Deluxe with following network devices :
Marvell 88E8056 PCIe 1x 1 Gbit/s LAN
Marvell 88E8001 PCI 1x 1 Gbit/s LAN.

now i have 2 network devices displayed in device manager which appear to be working properly :
marvell yukon 88e8001/8003/8010 pci gigabit ethernet controller
marvell yukon 88e8056 pci-e ethnernet controller

and then 3 "other devices" left with yellow exclamation mark :
ethernet controller
rtl8187_wireless (i've disabled this one since i don't need wireless)
unknow device

i also have tried to install newest drivers from marvell homepage, but nothing has changed. i've also tried to setup speed on both network devices from auto to 100mb full and half duplex, but i'm still getting cable unplugged message.
i didn't play with router so far. my network was working with XP32bit without problems.

i have a feeling, this problem will disappear with 32bit release, but i'd rather try the 64bit one. is there anything i can possibly do to get rid off this problem?

LE: i've also tried to go directly with my internet cable without router, but the result is the same.

Have you tried to use Marvell 88E8056 PCIe for your internet connection? That's the one I use without any "cable unplugged" message.
Though; I have problems with my upload speed!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/9168-network-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Firstly i hope i do this right as this is my first post i run a toshiba satellite L D and i had to restore the system before the restore all was ok but now i have the message quot Network cable unplugged quot the little screen on the statup bar has a cross in it and no matter what i do it just gives me the same message it sees my bt home hub and says i am connected i have tried to connect by lan cable but that did no good the connectivity doctor says the wirless is disconnected and says the possible cause is quot ip address not set properly c- quot i have used the network diagnostics to repair the quot ip unplugged??? Network cable address quot but to no avail i think i have tried everthing to fix this and would appreciate any suggestions to help me get it fixed if i have missed anything please accecpt my appologies

A:Network cable unplugged???

Hello alerick,
Can you tell us what the problem was that made you carry out a system restore, it may be necessary/easier, to undo the restore and fix the original problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/269637-network-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 76.97%

hello. I have just reverted back to a wired connection on my computer after trying a wireless card on it and deciding it wasn't good enough for my needs. Anyway, before I put the wireless card in I didn't have any problems with the physical connection of the internet to the computer. Now all of a sudden it tells me my network cable is unplugged. I checked the internet source from the router with another computer and it is good. There are two lights that come on when I plug the cable in the back of the computer. One is orange which comes on and stays on and the other is yellow which blinks. I really can't understand why the computer is givining me this error.

A:network cable unplugged?

Generally means a problem with the router LAN port, the cable, or the NIC.

Please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.815735/
Relevancy 76.97%

I am being told my cable network is unplugged and this is making it very difficult to get online. Any suggestions on how I fix this? Thanks

A:cable network unplugged

You probably have a damaged cable , i would replace it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-network-unplugged.219703/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi
I have set up a LAN netweork in my house every other computer works but mine it comes up with the message network unplugged however it says there is another connection to the 1349.
Can anyone help?

does it actually work ?

try another cable and then another port - try to eliminate the PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.546314/
Relevancy 76.97%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Maciek at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system cable "network unplugged" svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe "network cable unplugged" C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Maciek Desktop "network cable unplugged" dds scr C Windows system conhost exe Pseudo HJT Report mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x SERVICES DRIVERS S b nd x Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet - NDIS c windows system drivers b nd x sys - - Created Last - - -------- d-sh--w- C RECYCLE BIN - - ----a-w- c windows sed exe - - ----a-w- c windows MBR exe - - ----a-w- c windows PEV exe - - ----a-w- c windows SWREG exe - - ----a-w- c windows ativpsrm bin - - -------- d-----w- c windows Panther - - -------- d-----w- C Boot - - -------- d-----w- c users maciek appdata local Diagnostics - - -------- d-----w- c windows system wbem Performance - - -------- d-----w- C Recovery Find M FINISH I KEEP GETTING A quot NETWORK CABLE UNPLUGED quot COMMAND I HAVE A BRAND NEW MODEM AND ROUTER MY COMPUTER IS PLUGGED INTO THE MODEM THE CABELS ARE FINE BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED THEM ON DIFFERENT COMPUTERS THIS HAPPEND YESTERDAY EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE AND THEN ONE SECOND BAMM ITS UNPLUGGED ANOTHER PROBLEM IM HAVING IS THAT IT SAYS IM NOT AUTHORIZED TO DO SOMETHING IM RUNNING ON WINDOWS X BIT I HAVE JUST TODAY REINSTALLED WINDOWS ON MY COMPUTER AFTER THAT WAS HAPPENING AND IT STILL GOES ON IVE GOOGLED THIS ISSUE AND HONESTLY TRIED EVERYTHING THERE IS TO TRY AND JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE PLEASE HELP

A:"network cable unplugged"

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. Please take note: If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far. Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues. If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER log Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381249/network-cable-unplugged/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi. My desktop computer suddenly won't connect to my wireless network. I have ATT UVERSE as my internet service and Windows XP. I do have a wireless connection and my laptop and phone will connect to it, but my desktop won't all of a sudden. I get the error "Network cable unplugged" with the big red X. I have a Dell Inspiron 530S computer and the wireless adapter has a lit blue light on it. Please help, I'm not sure what to do and I've combed the internet unsucessfully for two days trying to fix this.

Thanks!!

Relevancy 76.97%

Hello everyone I re-installed Windows yesterday evening thought it would be quicker than to cleanup and fix my old install and then directly upgraded it to Windows The problem I am experiencing is quite weird The Operating System doesn't detect the network cable It is quite similar to THIS thread but I didn't want to revive a thread that was nearly year old With that being said do not jump straight to the quot Did you turn it on and off Network Is Unplugged Cable [NOT] again quot questions Here is what I have done so far Hardware-Side Cross-check the cable with another computer -- gt Working fineCross-check Network Cable Is [NOT] Unplugged the wall plug with another computer -- gt Working fineTest the connection with the BIOS's connection diagnostic utility -- gt Link detected Software-Side Checking if Windows was up to date -- gt Nothing to updateUpdating the motherboard's BIOS -- gt Not betterUpdating the LAN's drivers with the ones I found on the manufacturer's website -- gt Not better So here I am wondering what is wrong with my installation It was working A a few days ago except for the issues I re-installed the operating system for I have joined to this post an IPCONFIG all diagnostic Maybe it can help Thanks a bunch for any insights on how to solve that issue Also don't hesitate to go hardcore technical I can take it P S Full system Specs are in my profile and in the link at the bottom of the post

A:Network Cable Is [NOT] Unplugged

This typically requires the latest Realtek driver for Windows 8.1. I'm not exactly sure which Realtek PCI-e adaptor you are using. You might also try the Windows update center.

Realtek

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37295-network-cable-not-unplugged.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I just moved into an efficiency apartment with both wireless and a working ethernet port in the wall The wireless is what I am on now However the connection is weak and terribly slow I would much prefer to set up a lan line The problem is my computer cable Network unplugged is not registering that my ethernet cable is plugged in I had my Network cable unplugged computer set up in my previous apartment with the same cable and everything worked flawlessly I ve been browsing the forums and trying some of the options I ve found No solution yet I would appreciate any help offered OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M G Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Alienware Antivirus None Windows IP Configuration Host Name Adrian-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- - C- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cdf a eda a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Wednesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - - - - - - A- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d f f f fee Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe f f f fee Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

First unplugged? cable Network of all please excuse my ignorance on networking and try not to get too frustrated with me lol If I leave out important details which I m sure I will just let me know not really sure what I m doing I bought a Network cable unplugged? Netgear wireless router last night because I wanted to connect my laptop and desktop with Network cable unplugged? the main purpose of sharing the dsl connection It was pretty easy to set up and both are now sharing the connection However I cannot figure out how to connect the computers together share files printers etc Both are running XP The local area connection in the laptop says the network cable is unplugged don t understand why I would need a cable if it is wireless If I needed to adjust settings I didn t I ran the network setup on both computers but it didn t really do anything I tried researching this problem myself and obviously it didn t help I m thinking it has something to do with the network cable being unplugged I realize the computers aren t going to connect themselves but I need some simple instructions or someone to point me in the right direction Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

My laptop is a NEC LaVie PC-LG26NRCGM and for some reason no matter if i plug in a network cable or not it keeps saying its unplugged...
any ideas?

A:Network cable unplugged?

I also tried reinstalling drivers and changing drivers to everything i could find but no luck. The chipset i have is SiS 963L and the network card is SiS 900 i think its a part of it or something, not sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged.105020/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi Firstly I m sorry if this isn t in the right place - I m rubbish when it comes to sub-boards and picking the right one Also I know there s been plenty of posts on this 'Network cable unplugged'? in the first place but I ve not found myself an answer that s helped Basically a few days ago my internet stopped working on a wired connection The ports where you connect the computer to the modem aren t lit up like they usually are but the lights on the front of the modem are all green and the wireless connection is still working for the laptop that I m posting this from - so it s not an internet fault it s something to do with the pc I ve tried using all four different ports on the back of the modem and tried using a different wire but nothing has worked so far I d appreciate any ideas or suggestions and please try to excuse me being a little on the unknowing side - lingo isn t really my forte so if you can put it in simple terms please do Thanks in advance nbsp

A:'Network cable unplugged'?

do you happen to have mcafee on that pc at all - a recent update caused network issues
if so
have a read here - and remove mcafee
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1065830-customers-may-experience-loss-network.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.1066695/
Relevancy 76.97%

So I get this error A network cable is unplugged Over and over It won t stop I had to try my other PC and that didn t work either just gave me the limited or no connectivity error Power cycling didn t work changing cables around didn t work Hooking each PC up to the modem straight up didn t work Using the router didn t work I used to be able to do any of those things and I d be fine the problem would go away But now it s been active for over hours happened yesterday morning out of the blue and I am stumped I hooked up the USB cable to the cable modem and it works fine but I am getting slower speeds I assume that is normal for USB connected modems So what can I do Is it the LAN malfunctioning on the board Why would that affect the other PC Can it be the modem since only the USB part works and not the ethernet part In case it helps I have a A cpu nforce ultra board geforce gt video card gig hdd dvd burner dvd rom gig of RAM The modem is RCA and the cable company is Adelphia nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Okay here s the situation Yesterday for some reason my internet cut off the person who was on the computer at the time gave the ever-so popular quot I didn t do anything quot excsuse so I don t know why it went down Now I called the AT amp T tech support today and they had my unplug the moden and router and plug it back in and yadda-yadda My internet is obviously now working although as soon as I turn on the other is *HELP* unplugged A network cable computer I get some quot IP is conflicting with another system on the network quot or something similiar and then the internet won t work on either computer until one is shut off Also my Xbox is affected by A network cable is unplugged *HELP* this because my Xbox and computers are running off the same router D-Link Additionally on both computers every - seconds an error pops up reading quot A network cable is unplugged quot however I m able to go on the ineternet And to put the icing on the cake my internet speed is drastically slower than usual probably something to do with the quot A network cable is unplugged quot error popping up every few seconds I wonder if I m constantly losing regaining connection some how Anyways I ve made sure that every cable is plugged in and secure yet I m still getting these errors Any suggestions Please nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Having a real problem here.

I think I will start with...Can anyone tell me what is supposed to be showing under Network Connections?I have 3 connections and I don't know what I should have.The reason I am asking is I am having problems with internet connection.I have to keep repair my wireless internet connection.I will explain more if someone wants to bite

Ready

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-unplugged-wth-133980.html
Relevancy 76.97%

OK, after goin around many sites and looking at many "solutions" I can't find one.
Basically, I'm tryin to set up a PS3 to my laptop to get shared connection through my Mobile Broadband Dongle.

I know how to do it, as I've done it before, and the connection says its shared beside my ISP..

The Ethernet Cable is connected to both PS3 and Laptop, but it says on my laptop "Network cable unplugged" and has a red x beside it. Also on the playstation side of things, it says "connect ethernet cable".

I know it works as I had an xbox hooked up this way not so long ago.
Question is, why won't it see the cable this time?

I've tried 4 cables, so it cant be the cables..

???!!

A:Please Help!! Network Cable Unplugged?!

Hi DannyBoi3k,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

First, check the following article to see if it helps: How to Use Wireless Broadband (Dongle) on a Ps3 | Computersight.

If that doesn't work, try the following You Tube video showing how to setup the connection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDAcmrOVTdk

If that doesn't work, try the attached PDF file at the end of this post to see if it helps.

If that still doesn't work, you have to run the internet off of your computer and plug an ethernet cable into your ps3 from your computer then go to your connection on your computer (Vista: Control panel > network and sharing center > manage network connections) right click > properties > sharing, and select allow other users to connect through this computers internet connection.

Then on the ps3 go to settings and change the connection to wired connection and set it up from there.

If that doesn't work, open your Network Connections. You will see the 3 modem, ignore this for now. Further down you will see 2 ethernet connections, Local area connection, and 1394 connection. Right click on Local Area Connection and Bridge the connection. Then open the properties of your 3 modem and under Advanced click on internet connection sharing. Install your ethernet cable from the back of your computer directly to the PS3. On your PS3 network settings search for the new connection. You should be fine from there.

It could also be an IP address issue. Try the following:

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Fin...ur-PC-40302872

From your laptop Do this and input "ipconfig /all" into the command prompt.

It will show you your dns server IP's you need to input on the PS3

OR if using those don't work and you still have a DNS problem, try the following for DNS problems:

Go to your PS3 network settings. Manually setup up your connection instead of automatic. Leave all the settings on automatic except for DNS settings. Manually enter

Primary: 208 67 222 222

Secondary: 208 67 220 220

That's your PS3 ready. Now go to your PC. For Vista follow these steps. Network sharing center>next to "mobile connect' in your case click on 'view status' > properties > continue > networking > Click on IPv4 > properties > then in the window that pops up enter the same DNS primary and secondary numbers again

Primary: 208 67 222 222

Secondary: 208 67 220 220

Click 'ok'. Under the 'sharing' tab double check that sharing is enabled.

Finally disconnect your internet connection then reconnect to apply all the new settings.

I hope this helps. If not, post back and we'll try some other options.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286638-please-help-network-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I was hooked up my computer with a router, it all worked good for a couple days. I was in the process of hooking up a server, and when I plugged in the server to the router...i lost connection on the internet on my computer! I have internet service, the cables have been tested and i even took the computer to the computer store twice and it works just fine. I even installed a plug in ethernet card...but when i did it told me "network cable unplugged" !!! I am at a dead end and need some help.

Check for loose connection's ....
did you try again...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-unplugged-64992.html
Relevancy 76.97%

ok, it a dell dimension 8100 w/ xp pro, 1.3ghz.,256mb ram. i just formatted this pc and been getting network cable unplugged messege ever since. i updated the drive for the ethernet adapter which is a linkys lne100tx ethernet adapter and still have the problem. i tried two othe cards and same thing. i dont know if its something i didn't install after the format or what or if it has something to do with the drivers for the pc because i didn't install any for it. i have a cable modem directly connected to pc (no router), and everything works on another pc (modem and ethernet cable).

Relevancy 76.97%

Im registered to a University internet network in my halls With my previous laptop everything got connected automatically in a blink of an eye without any configuration but because it wasnt properly protected with an anti-virus software i had to get a new one i used the same cable ethernet cable Cat- e to connect to the internet A bubble at the task bar appeared stating that there was quot limited or no connectivity I left it for a while thinking it needed time to connect but it never did I restarted the computer and re-plugged the cable but nothing changed for days i had been tryingto find out what was wrong i tried changing settings when it suddently stated that the network cable was unplugged i checked the cable reinstalled it everything possible it was perfetly fitted and the device manager stated that it was working fine So i decided to buy a new one At Network cable unplugged first it showed connectivity but would always switch back to network cable unplugged it kept doing that every second it was very irritating when suddenly it Network cable unplugged didnt connect anymore and only got stuck on aquiring a network adresse and constantly switching to netwrok cable unplugged I tried entering the IP adresse manually but they couldnt detect it since my media was APPARANTLEY disconnected Sometimes entering any random IP adresse and subnet mask would cause it to go back to the connected- network cable unpluggged constant switching again Even when it was connected it would never receive any packets send i e loss i researched on the internet and found that it was a common problem but their solutions didnt make the slightest difference i used the win fix provided by windows i have used winsock on run ipcongig release everything possible Only my computer Network cable unplugged has this problem i have contacted the university internet providers but their service is a bit inefficient I really dont know what to do anymore its really fustrating and dissapointing i thought i had no network card but i have one its a Network cable unplugged pcmcia network card maybe that s where the problems lies I have tried everything possible now im turning to you hope you can help me out i will be forever grateful paTrisha nbsp

paTrisha, have you informed the network administrator of your new laptop? It may just be that when you originally signed up with your old laptop that they registered the Mac address as a user. It (their servers) sees your new laptop, with a strange mac address and it won't allow it on.

Just an idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.437673/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have an emachines T5246 running Vista Home Premium. AMD Athlon 64 x2 processor 4200+ It was online just fine but then stopped. It is now saying network cable unplugged, of course it is not. It has a netgear FA 310tx installed.
* I have checked that the cable works on other computers
* There is a green light on where it is plugged in
* In Device Manager it is present and installed properly. (I uninstalled and reinstalled just to be safe)

Please help. =( I just gave this computer to my son and now he can't use it.

A:Network cable unplugged *please help :(

and welcome to the Forum

Does the internet still work?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-cable-unplugged-please-help-680520.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Trying to network laptop with desktop, both Win XP. Used wizard to set up and "Add hardware Wizard" on both computers says they are working properly. Both under network connections say cable is unplugged (it is not). Firewalls are disabled, using RJ45 ethernet cable from Walmart. What are we missing?

you need a crossover cable if you are connecting the computers directly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.355731/
Relevancy 76.97%

On the right hand corner of my toolbar, near the time. I have the 2 computers icon, it has a red x over it and says Local area connection, A network cable is unplugged. How do I fix this, and where do the network cables plug in? It has been this way for the 2 years I have had this computer.
Thanks

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,
Recently I started having this problem.
"Local Area Network Network Cable Unplugged"

Why is this happening? I'm still connected to the Internet when this thing pops out from my taskbar.

Its getting rather irritating as I prefer to hide my taskbar, so now every 4 to 8 seconds, my taskbar keeps coming up. And I start to notice that my MSN 7.0 keeps signing out once in a while now. Is it because of this network problem?

But my brother's PC which is also connected using the same network, don't seem to have both of this problems at all. How do I solve this problem?

Thanks alot guys

it could be a problem with the netowrk card. Try getting the latest drivers for the network card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged.362406/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,
I can access the internet via my dsl connection fine but xp constantly tells me that a network cable is unplugged. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this? I cant get to my modem settings because of it.