Windows Support Forum

Having trouble reconnecting

Q: Having trouble reconnecting

I have two desktops that I had connected by a wired router. One is Vista system and one is 98SE. I was able to be on the internet with both. The 98SE was having some problems, so I reinstalled the 98SE, and now I can't get the 98 system to connect to the internet.

All the cables are connected, like they were before. The router is showing that two computers are connected, but the 98 is not recoginizing it for some reason.
Cindy.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Having trouble reconnecting

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Having trouble reconnecting

Start, Run, COMMAND to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL >c:\IPCONFIG.TXT

Open c:\IPCONFIG.TXT in NOTEPAD, copy and paste all of it in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-reconnecting.730496/
Relevancy 39.99%

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
My pc was working perfectly for about a year now, but these days it started having problems.
In the past few weeks it started disconnecting from the internet with the message: you don't have a valid
ip configuration. (It was working on the other pc connected to the router with lan, and on the notebook connected through wifi)
A reboot of the pc/router did always solve my problem in these situations.
Yesterday, my internet connection started connecting/reconnecting, and I couldn't solve it in any way, not with
a restart, and not with that network repair tool (idk it's name, I have hungarian windows). When it stayed connected for more then 2 seconds I was even able to load google, youtube, other sites,
I tried some solutions, like disabling the energy saver settings, setting it to 10mb half duplex, etc, but nothing worked, my
internet kept connecting/reconnecting.
Today I started my pc and it works perfectly.. Any ideas on how to solve it? I have the newest lan driver.

My mobo is Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx.

A:Network keeps reconnecting

It appears that you manually configured the IP for at least one system.
DON'T do that - - make sure all systems use DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-keeps-reconnecting.216254/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey ya so I'm having pretty much the same problem and I'm not finding anything you guys are talking about. Here's my problem. Like the rest of you I'm having troubles with recording the audio from my computer using the stereo-mix setting in audacity. This occurs only when my usb microphone is plugged in. I understand that it has something to do with changing the inputs or outputs or something I'm just having trouble understanding where those are on my computer. My setup is this. I'm running on a laptop that has windows technical preview. My microphone is directly plugged into my laptop via usb (obviously) and my headset plugged directly into the microphone. If someone could please tell me step by step where to go on the computer and what to do to fix this so that I can have my microphone plugged in and also record my computer that would be great. I know this is over 2 years old but I'm hoping someone sees this and is able to help.

A:Trouble recording audio

I am surprised no one has replied to this yet, but no worries, I will do my best to help solve your problem

So from the sounds of it, you are having troubles with Audacity noticing your Microphone to record audio. Now, I have never used this program before, but from the sounds of it the only thing you are missing is setting your headset/microphone to the default in windows.

Now, I have not used Windows Technical Preview either, but based on how window's has operated since Windows Vista I am going to say it's safe to assume I could point you in the right direction to the very least.

To start, in the bottom right hand corner (Near your time) you have icons. One of them should look like a speaker, right click it and select "Recording Devices" In here you should have the option to make your Microphone the Default device.

Another way to get to this option if it's no longer accessible the way I described is to go to Control Panel, if you have the option in the upper right hand corner of the screen that says "View by:" and change it to large or small icons. There should now be one just called "Sound" in there go to "Recording" at the top.

Now in this window, find out which one is your device, easiest way is to make sure the mic is not muted (a lot of headsets have a mute button on them) and just speak into the mic, you should see the bar fill with a bit of green when you're taking, this indicates it's picking up sound. Set the "Default" to the headset you are using and then close and reopen Audacity (most of the time if the program is open when you change the default, it wont pick up on it)

let me know if any of that worked, didn't work, or you have any trouble finding what I have mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-recording-audio.208161/
Relevancy 22.79%

Ive got a 2 yr old laptop that my parents bought for me at walmart of all places. I basically just use it for facebook, facebook games, and email. havent had any real issue til now. at first, when it was plugged in it would start up and let me log into windows but would immediately shut down. later it started going through a disk check when I turned it on and would shut off before it was complete. if the power cord was connected it would have a big red x over the power cord logo on the bottom right. I was going to factory reset it but I cannot get that far before it shuts off. bettery is fine and power cord is good. had them both tested. PLEASE HELP!!! IM VERY POOR SND CANNOT TAKE IT TO A REPAIR SHOP!! tyvm

A:Hp laptop w/ windows 7 trouble

It won't stay on long enough to do anything so this doesn't look promising. Have you tried removing the battery and just using the power brick?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-w-windows-7-trouble.207751/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys, I was recently in the malware section, because my laptop had some problems and could not connect to the internet. Broni was very awesome and helped me clear my laptop up, but we still couldn't get it to connect to the internet. He advised me to come here for help.

I will link the previous thread, because there are some log files toward the end I think would be much more helpful than me explaining problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infected-laptop.206911/page-2#post-1444892

Thank you so much for any help.

A:Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

Can you try to re-install the WiFi driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-to-internet-windows-8.207500/
Relevancy 21.5%

I m trying to configure Surround Sound but Realtek doesn t seem to be installing and it s configuring speakers driver 5.1 Realtek Trouble Sound; issues Surround to driving me nuts I have installed the driver provided by Gigabyte for my motherboard Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues and it s not doing anything It installs asks me to restart the PC but nothing is Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues there OS is Windows -bit Gigabyte says that my motherboard supports both and Surround Sound so I don t understand why I can t configure my speakers to run it only lets me use Stereo Device manager only shows High Definition Audio Device and Control Panel doesn t show Realtek at all Realtek Audio Manager doesn t appear either it s not in the system tray icons where I would usually find it Even searching for Realtek brings up nothing other than all the drivers I have downloaded to see if they would work Link to motherboard s Realtek driver as provided by Gigabyte http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl Link to motherboard s specification http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp Image showing my device manager gt sound http gyazo com ad b bd e ae a Any ideas as to what the problem is I can t seem to find anything audio related in BIOS either nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-configuring-speakers-to-5-1-surround-sound-realtek-driver-issues.206888/
Relevancy 22.79%

My HP Pavilion G has been into geek squad twice now and each time it has come home and worked seemingly okay for about a week and I have problems with it again In the beginning of it all whatever has infected my computer corrupted USB drives I ended up USB ports trouble me giving putting the files back on the computer as it had some important school documents If USB ports giving me trouble it helps the USB drives were lexars I have also been experiencing problems with a portable mouse Logitech where it will simply not USB ports giving me trouble work When I try and shut it down in the start menu It will fail and give me a blue screen with quot USB BUGCODE DRIVER quot scrawled near the top in all caps It will also when on have lines move up and down it Like I said before geek squad has looked at this twice and hasn t solved the problem to a full extent Since it happened during the time that it quit working for the last time I downloaded quot Monaco quot on the steam store on a whim because it looked fun and it was free When I gave it access to my hard drive and launched it it froze up and I had to use Ctrl Alt Delete to get the screen to go back to being normal This is when the mouse quit working and no buttons on the keyboard worked I shut it off using the power button and when I started it the mouse didn t work This confused me because I thought the Steam store was secure I have also tried to reset it to the day before it went foobar using the system reset but it gives me the same USB BUGCODE blue screen each time I try because it has to shut down without the power button even in safe mode the same thing happens I really need my mouse to work for the games that I play having to use the touch pad for games like Skyrim is the most irritating thing I ve ever experienced I also need the USB drives to work for school projects and papers I haven t seen anything helpful on the internet so far and I really don t want to pay for another useless visit to geek squad Thank you for your time nbsp

A:USB ports giving me trouble

Your drivers are corrupt. You can uninstall them and let windows reinstall them. This may fix the problem . But if the usb ports are bad. You will get the same problem back. You can also try a restore point to when the computer or laptop usb ports were working fine. I hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-giving-me-trouble.201433/
Relevancy 22.79%

Well, I just put my pc together and I turned it on, it starts out fine but then to power supply fan turns off and the power supply and the system shuts off after about 3 seconds

A:PC Build Trouble

Can you give a little more detail, about what you are building and how you went about putting it together. A description of all your parts and a list of all the power connections would be a good start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-trouble.199282/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello, I've been recently attempting to recover data from several old laptop hard drives (old as in ranging from 1-4 years) the most promising old drive which is about 3 years now has now decided to be less promising. It will show up in the BIOS and Windows (7) explorer for about 2 minutes before disappearing and and then reappearing another 2 minutes later. It is making very gentle ticks now and then but that's all. I know it still has most of the data I need on it to recover as I've managed to keep the harddrive in a sort of stasis long enough to run data recover software to preview some of the before it cuts out again. Could someone please help me diagnose this problem preferably without referring me to some data recovery company of course. Thankyou

A:Trouble with Toshiba Hard drive

Hey FieryDove. A ticking sound that wasn't always there during normal drive operation is an indication that something is mechanically wrong with the drive, and no software can fix a mechanical problem. I would save whatever data you can ASAP when the drive is visible then trash it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-toshiba-hard-drive.193095/
Relevancy 22.79%

I am working with Trouble Ethernet with Controller a Dell laptop N Win this problem just started recently and is driving me nuts It will hook up to my WiFi just fine but not the internet other computers on the same network can access the internet I did try downloading an updated driver from Dell off another computer via thumb drive with no luck It worked fine a week before never any trouble Did all the normal steps Clean and Defrag ran a Virus Scan tried to restore to an earlier date but would Trouble with Ethernet Controller not restore If I go into Device Manager it shows Network Connections just fine Below that is Other Devices with Ethernet Controller under that with a yellow eclamation point If I click on it it says device is not installed I tried doing a ping test in command prompt no luck tried resetting the TCP IP but tells me I need to switch to administrator there is only one user I went into Internet Options and it is set for Broadband connections but will not allow me to make any changes Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Trouble with Ethernet Controller

By sound of it your ethernet controller driver is missing go to dell website I think www.dell.co.uk/support and download latest ethernet controller driver straight from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-ethernet-controller.192760/
Relevancy 22.36%

My fullscreen monitor died and I had to buy a monitor new on trouble resolution Having setting widescreen new monitor which unfortunately ended up being a widescreen because it s all that s available now Having trouble setting resolution on new widescreen monitor Now I m having trouble setting the resolution on it The resolution I ve been using on my fullscreen monitor was x and the way things looked at this res was PERFECT for me The resolution itself looks OK on the widescreen apart from all objects appearing stretched since that resolution is really for a fullscreen ratio Having trouble setting resolution on new widescreen monitor So I increased the resolution but no Having trouble setting resolution on new widescreen monitor matter which setting I choose everything looks somewhat blurry This goes for pretty much all the ones available x x x x x x x It s not until I get to the absolute highest resolution x where things appear sharp and also in porportion Unfortunately everything on the screen is waaaaay too small I know I can increase the size of icons fonts etc but everything else appears too small too like images functions inside software etc So I set the resolution back to x where everything appears in the size I like them and I was going to change the screen size on the monitors OSD settings shrinking the screen horizontally which I imagined would give me accurate porportions I don t mind that I would get two black bars on the sides if that is what it takes but when I try the OSD system ironically skips over the size position settings go figure the highlight just literally just jumps from Brightness down to Color settings all the ones having to do with screen size and position are greyed out So please can someone help me out I want - Things to appear in their accurate porportions - Be the same size as they are in x resolution That goes for EVERYTHING not just fonts and icons for example I want movies to play in that resolution I want pictures to be displayed that large when I open them and so on if the only way to do this on a widescreen monitor is by having black bars on the sides then so be it just tell me how I can get to those settings since they re not selectable on my new Dell monitor Please try to stick to helping me on what my dilemma is not ask quot why do you want to do that quot etc This is the resolution I am used to and I can t work as efficiently in this horrible x setting when everything is so tiny I would really appriciate any tips Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Having trouble setting resolution on new widescreen monitor

Hmm; focus on getting the SYSTEM to display correctly first and then fuss with videos last.

My laptop is running at 1366-768 (recommended) for my wide screen display. I would presume your list of resolutions shown do not include 1366-768 (that's dependent upon the video driver + the monitor), so first attempt to get an updated driver for your video adaptor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-setting-resolution-on-new-widescreen-monitor.191691/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, my brother just bought an FX4100, it runs at idle 38C and at full load it runs 58C is that normal with the stock cooler?

He has tried using ASRock OC tuner to overclock but if he does even just a little the computer becomes unstable.

He is using Windows 7 x64 and an ASRock N68C-GS FX motherboard, with a 650W PSU.

Is it even possible to OC with the stock cooler?

Could the instability be caused because I replaced the mobo, cpu, and ram without reinstalling windows?

Could it be because the cpu pins were slightly bent and I had to unbend them?

Thanks

A:FX4100 OC trouble

The stock cooler should be good enough for a small amount of overclocking. But, not for anything slightly serious.

The instability probably wasn't caused by the slightly bent pins. But, you're lucky it still works at all if the pins were indeed bent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fx4100-oc-trouble.191456/
Relevancy 22.36%

I ve got two monitors a Dell SE WFP and a MICROTEK c My video card is a Asus Radeon HD and I m trying to connect them using an adapter splitter cable The video card supports a HDMI DisplayPort and a DVI connector My splitter s end piece is a DVI then it goes to a VGA and another DVI The Dell is a DVI the Microtek is a VGA The with monitors adapter/splitter Trouble dual using an problem is it only picks up one monitor Here s what it looks like in the Screen Resolution As you can see it shows there s two Dells being listed If I unplug the dell on startup and let only the microtek load up Trouble using dual monitors with an adapter/splitter the screen is there but when I plug in the dell afterwards it turns off the microtek and leaves just the dell on There s no drivers available for the Microtek so it labels it as a generic nopnp monitor could that be the issue I ve tried also messing around with AMD Vision Engine Control which is my video card s software Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Trouble using dual monitors with an adapter/splitter

You can't display two different video feeds using a splitter. You need to buy another monitor and use two physical outputs on your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-using-dual-monitors-with-an-adapter-splitter.189924/
Relevancy 21.93%

My computer wiz of a brother moved across country! Im not a computer wiz but can follow instructions well! IF anyone would like to guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it! thank you!

He can get wireless signal, and at times access the internet for a few minutes, then he is booted again! My brother suggested we install Chrome for him, did so last night! Now I receive messages server cant be found, bc the DNS lookup failed!

A:Trouble getting father's computer online wirelessly! DNS look up failed!

It's not a browser issue - - it's the TCP settings

get a command prompt (btw which version of windows?)

enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

on your follow-up, attach the file myTCP.txt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-getting-fathers-computer-online-wirelessly-dns-look-up-failed.189000/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just got a new case and PSU and installed all of my old parts in it Upon pressing the power button for the first time the LEDs and fans received power for a short less than a second amount of time power Trouble button with then it went dead After that pressing the power button did nothing Until I switched off my PSU and waited for the motherboard s power indicator to go dead Upon switching my PSU on again the power button did the same thing working once than nothing I did and hour or so of trouble shooting by checking Trouble with power button wires then ultimately rewiring everything from scratch Same result Tried with old PSU same result At this point I m assuming the worst I somehow fried my board although I m not sure how I m still clinging to the hope that somehow one of the other parts is causing this Like maybe the case or motherboard detects something wrong and prevents itself from turning on When I get home I ll try the power button on the motherboard I kind of forgot that one existed Give any help you can even if that means suggesting a good motherboard with LGA for under Here s my build Case NZXT Guardian PSU Raidmax W RAM Corsair GB x GB Graphics Card GeForce GTX ti HardDrive TB Seagate Barracuda hardly relevant but whatever Motherboard Asus P H -M PRO CPU Intel Core i nbsp

A:Trouble with power button

Update: I have some new theories that I like much better than a fried motherboard.1. I might be overpowering my build (easy fix, just switch PSU to low power mode). 2. Circuit protection: Detected a problem with wiring the first time, and prevented booting. Could fix itself if I leave it alone for a while, and take out the BIOS battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-power-button.188774/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi everyone.
I have a drawing tablet "Wacom Bamboo MTE-450A" connected through a USB port.
never had any problems with it, lately it started "connecting" and "disconnecting" making this USB plug/unplug sound, just like it was physically disconnected an dosnt get any power, even if im not using it or moving it, and its getting worse to a point where now its mostly "off".
I changed cables and changed the port it was connected to, I also reinstalled the drivers, and there is no change.
I tested it on a different computer and it seems to work properly! other devices connected to my PC through USB seem to work well (keyboard and mouse).
I have a new computer so I believe its not to blame (hardware-wise)

im lost, any advice would be appreciated.

A:USB device trouble

The tablet may not getting enough power from the new computers USB ports. Check the computers bios to make sure that the Legacy USB settings are enabled

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-device-trouble.188435/
Relevancy 22.36%

OS Windows Ultimate SP -bit PC Compaq Laptop Intel Dual CPU GHz Network Adapters Atherose AR WiFi Adapter Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter Wireless Router Belkin Trouble In normal windows start up with wireless router on and internet connected The system will run very slow sluggish programs will hang or not Wireless trouble network connection open not responding This includes the task manager Browsers will not open or operate normally The system will not operate normally If you press the WiFi connection button on the laptop next to the power button it will turn from blue on to orange off then will turn right back on by it s self will not Wireless network connection trouble stay off Have tried I have started the system in Safe Mode with Networking The system runs normally programs open close browsers operate normally and the WiFi connection button operates normally Note I have another laptop that uses the Belkin wireless router with no trouble I have shut off Avast Antivirus and Zone Alarm Firewall eventually uninstalled Zone Alarm Went to the Device Manager and updated Disabled and Enabled Network Adapters restarting OS of course No help I have deleted the Belkin Wireless Network Connection restarted the OS then created a new connection No help I have posted in the Forums thinking it was a Virus Trojan or other Nothing was found and was referred to this section of the Forum Any suggestions Thanks Linda nbsp

A:Wireless network connection trouble

programs will hang or not open ( not responding ). This includes the task manager. Browsers will not open or operate normally. The system will not operate normally.Click to expand...

hmm, that sounds like other issues than just WiFi - - did someone have you run the standalone MSRT?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-trouble.183790/
Relevancy 22.36%

Fine using a wired ethernet connection, but when we attempt to use wireless no connection what so ever. Both laptops are running windows 7. Really am stuck and have no clue how to do much computer wise. Tell me what you need and how to do it and i'll post otherwise this is all I have atm.

A:Having trouble getting a connection for LAN gaming over wireless

Please post ipconfig results with wired connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-getting-a-connection-for-lan-gaming-over-wireless.177854/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all mrs got a toshiba satelite and on wireless and even through ethernet we keep getting message when trying to connect to the internet saying re dialling or re connecting what could be the cause of this . is it something like wireless card faulty or network connections all gone wrong i dont want to fiddle with it till i get some advice please thanks all

A:Toshiba Satellite keeps saying reconnecting/dialling when I try to go online

Could be anything... model, age, setup, operating system... need for a re-installed or upgraded driver, hard drive failing, defective component... defective wireless modem... wireless device that is too close to a wall or other interference...
First, you might try downloading and re-installing the drivers... then try installing another hard drive, if you have one handy... That will be one way to test your current installation...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-keeps-saying-reconnecting-dialling-when-i-try-to-go-online.177128/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey, first post on here.

Here's the problem.

I use Windows Vista and my mic dosen't pick up my voice, however if I play music on Youtube or if I am on Teamspeak, it picks up the music and voice of person speaking.

Any advice?

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-some-trouble-with-my-mic.172185/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi Everyone.

Unfortunately my laptop died recently however I have good reason to believe that the hard drive is still ok. There are some photos and music on it which I would like to recover.

I bought a Dynamode 2.5" SATA/IDE Enclosure from PC World and have connected this to my desktop PC via the USB connector supplied with the enclosure. The enclosure is USB powered. The laptop HDD is a WD Scorpio Blue 250GB. The desktop runs on XP whereas the laptop ran on Vista.

I cannot get my desktop PC to see the HDD. I'm sure it is plugged in correctly and the lights come on on the enclosure so it is getting power. I have installed the drivers and software from the CD Rom which came with the enclosure but none seems to have helped. Unfortunately there were no instructions with it.

Please could somebody help?

Thanks in advance!
Rich

A:Trouble using laptop 2.5" HDD as external storage with a desktop PC

Your enclosure gets power but does you hard drive? You can place you ear next to the hard drive to hear if it is spinning.. There are also 2.5" to 3.5" adapters which are specifically made so that you can connect a laptop hard drive to your desktop. When your computer does not "see" a hard drive it can be
1. no power to the drive
2. no interface to the drive
3. the hard drive is dead.
4. in your case the enclosure could be malfunctioning (unlikely but possible)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-using-laptop-2-5-hdd-as-external-storage-with-a-desktop-pc.171317/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guys, I've got 2 hdd in my computer and I use the one of them all the time (C but I've recently tried to get into the second (D but it says I need to format it to use it.
Is there any way that I can look on the drive itself without formatting? As far as I know I've never used it and nothing should be on there but I don't know whether there would be anything already contained on there from the manufacturer.

Also as well, if I need to format it should I need anything else to be able to store files on there due to it not being the default?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-hard-drive-trouble.170945/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey, I just moved my rig into a new Thermaltake case, which has about 3 huge led fans. I have 2 problems...

Most of the fans work but seem to run very slow, and particularly the fan speed control won't work.

I'm not too sure what I did wrong here, but there was one thing I noticed that was weird and wasn't in my old tower, which was a 2nd, 2-prong PWR Led lead in addition to the main power lead. I didn't do anything with it because I didn't know where to attach it to.

I have a Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H Mobo, and the new case I got was this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133086

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
~Wes

A:Trouble with chassis fan

are these fans plugged into the motherboard, or using a 4 pin molex?
If the MB, are the ones running slowly 3 pin, or 4 pin?

They are probably being auto controlled by the MB according to temperature. Have a look in your bios to see what temp/fan settings are enabled or disabled and how they are set.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-chassis-fan.168159/
Relevancy 22.36%

Does anyone have any experience dealing with ASUS customer support? I've got a P8P67 LE that won't post (it's also got the faulty 3GB SATA Intel bug and is eligible for the recall.)

Problem is, I can't get ahold of ASUS at all. I've filled out their online form for the recall using the mobo serial number, but when I try to look up the status on their status page it tells me my serial number/email is invalid. I can't register again because i'm already in the system. So I filled out a customer service request 10 days ago and haven't heard back. When I call I've been transferred around, disconnected and left messages that haven't been returned.

Anyone have any advice on how to get ahold of them? I've got a dead board, eligible for recall, and it's still under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-contacting-asus-customer-support.167984/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a Dell desktop with wifi. It can see the AP (very strong signal), but it cannot access the internet ("limited conductivity"). I tried cycling power on the modem and AP which helped temporarily. Reboot does nothing. There are 3 other notebooks that have full access to the internet thru wifi to the same AP and cable modem.

The Dell has Vista op sys, and I've run thru all the diagnostics with no real solution. This pc normally uses a wired connection with no problem.

What should I look at to get this going?

Thx

A:Trouble accessing Internet

So you must be using a USB Wireless adapter? Have you installed the software for it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-accessing-internet.167583/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello all,

I have a desktop with three hard drives in it that I can boot from one to the other. One has XP on it, one has 98, and the other has 95. It has been working fine until I installed a new pci card in it. The card is a two port usb with a two usb pin-block on it. The problem is when the card is in, the computer will boot up in 98 and 95, but locks up after it POSTs in XP. I just get a blank screen. The card works fine in 98. I have booted up the computer with just the XP HD connected and get nothing. If I just connect the 98 HD, it works fine. If I leave everything connected and pull the card, everything works fine. I don't understand why the card works fine with 98 but not XP when I'm using all the same hardware.

A:Trouble with multiboot and a PCI card

Why in the World are you still using Win95 and Win98? Microsoft's End of Life hit and support ran out for these versions a long time ago. XP should be able to handle everything you do now. It is possible that the new PCI card has exceeded the computers power supply load ability or it could be a driver issue. Using those old OS's I can imagine drivers are real issues now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-multiboot-and-a-pci-card.165109/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a rather old Linksys WUSB11 Wireless-B USB adapter that worked fine with my old D-Link DSL-2640T Wireless G router. However when I changed to D-Link DIR-615 router, problem arises. My USB adapter keeps disconnecting for a few minutes and reconnects to the router. Signal strength was averagely 3 bars that time. It was used on Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

Any idea on why is this happening? Thanks in advance.

A:Wireless USB adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

hi

USB is notorious for being flaky and i would and have always advised against using it, however you could try changing the channel on your router to another number this may fix the issue for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-usb-adapter-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting.165868/
Relevancy 22.79%

So I've just stepped in the door from a trip to monroe LA. Helping my dad get his dealership ready for a buyer. I've been resorting to trying to stay active on the forums by using my mobile device. Anyway, the lamp in my 305T is dead. Yay me. Warranty is gone so I'm thinking of replacing the lcd completely or repairing. Is it worth paying 489 usd to have the lamp replaced or are there any good suggestions out there for a new large format high resolution lcd?

A:Came back home to trouble!

Some say a thirty inch monitor is overkill . . . but why is that a bad thing?
Are you going to be able to let someone up-sell you *One* again

supersmashbrada said:

Is it worth paying 489 usd to have the lamp replacedClick to expand...

If you find somewhere that ships back-lights for SyncMaster monitors to AUS could you please post the link?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/came-back-home-to-trouble.162713/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all I was putting a new power switch on my computer and during the process it kept cutting on and off It would not come back on I took mobo out of case With just the mobo memory stick and Asus trouble A7N8XE-Deluxe power supply it only Asus A7N8XE-Deluxe trouble gets green light on mobo I tried touching the power part with a screwdriver and nothing The nvidia nforce MCP-T chip gets very hot to touch as soon as the cord is plugged into the power supply and the green light comes on I tested my power supply and it is fine I tried different step with memory and different slots graphics card attached etc The main question that I have is just with the mobo and power supply it is strange that the green mobo light comes on and the chip I mentioned by the battery gets hot I am just about ready to give up Please help ASUS A N XE-Deluxe AMD Athlon TM XP Ghz GB memory GB western digital hard drive dvd cdr Windows XP nbsp

A:Asus A7N8XE-Deluxe trouble

I did notice something different today. I had left the CMOS jumper in the reset position and no battery overnight. As soon as I put the battery inn and repositioned the CMOS jumper, I plugged the power supply into the mobo. Just as I plugged in the power cord, the fan on the processor jumped as the green mobo light came on, then nothing, just the green light. I am baffled as to what the problem could be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8xe-deluxe-trouble.162068/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey Techspot.

I ordered these a few days ago and they arrived today, but I'm having trouble setting them up. I've plugged the headphone and mic jack into my front sockets but Windows 7 won't recognise it, in control panel the headset icon shows up as not plugged in. Any idea what I should do?

A:Trouble with headset

Try plugging the headset into the back audio plugs. If the headset works, you may have to enable the front audio from the bios or the front cables were never properly connected to the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-headset.160773/
Relevancy 21.93%

my issue is so like other posts but a smidge different. my dell 1735 has two hdd bays. i stripped my original hdd and loaded it with ubuntu. i placed it in my secondary bay and hooked it up. i recieved another hdd from dell, preloaded with vista and put it into the primary "original" bay. How do i boot up my secondary hdd? i think i may be missing the forest through the trees. thank you. sincerly, tommybee.

A:Trouble booting up second OS/hard drive on Dell 1735 laptop

you need to set up your system to dual boot.

just google "dual booting vista and ubuntu" and you'll find lots of guides on how to get you set up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-booting-up-second-os-hard-drive-on-dell-1735-laptop.160191/
Relevancy 22.79%

sorry if trouble having reading DVD drive DVD's this is in the wrong place and stuff but I was just looking for quick help - my computer is kinda old built from random parts by a friend so I don t know much about it and I don t know a lot about computers The DVD drive is having problems recognizing DVD s CD s DVD drive having trouble reading DVD's are fine when I enter a DVD you can hear the drive is trying to read it and SOMETIMES it DVD drive having trouble reading DVD's does it fine and is recognized in my computer but other times it just DVD drive having trouble reading DVD's stays DVD-RW DRIVE i have tried uninstalling the drive and reinstalling it looking for firmware updates and booting in safe mode clean state mode etc but it always struggles to read DVD s I also tried editing the Primary IDE channels in the Device manager to PIO only DMA if available to experiment and see if it helped but no joy do you think it s just a case of the laser that reads DVD s has given up ps im using windows XP thanks nbsp

A:DVD drive having trouble reading DVD's

Sounds like hardware to me.
These drives fail frequently and are cheap and easy to rep[lace.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-having-trouble-reading-dvds.159052/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an eee pc with Orange, the internet usage is going down far too quickly for what I am using. I set a limit of 100mb and it has barely lasted 30 minutes. I have another laptop on O2 mobile broadband, both doing the same internet activity. In the same time frame, the usage has gone down 30mb. What is causing this to happen?

Thanks

A:Eee PC Orange Internet trouble

Try updating XP to Service Pack 3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/eee-pc-orange-internet-trouble.156953/
Relevancy 22.36%

I recently set up a box with the following specs Intel DH HC i - Processor GB Ram PC Powr amp Cooling Silencer After assembling I could not get the setup to POST or to enter the BIOS Tried several times Finally I tried inserting an older ATI Pro and everything worked fine Installed Win - updated BIOS and everything runs great I have attempted to remove the vid card a couple times to use the onboard video I uninstall the vid card driver reduce the screen resolution to a lower setting power down remove the Intel DH55HC, onboard i5-650 graphics, Trouble vid card On restart I get POST and can enter the BIOS but when it wants to load the OS I get a quot CANNOT DISPLAY THIS MODE Trouble onboard graphics, Intel DH55HC, i5-650 quot message but I can tell from the sound that Win has loaded Intel has an updated driver for the onboard graphics When I try to install that I get an Trouble onboard graphics, Intel DH55HC, i5-650 error message that quot This computer does not meet the requirements for this software quot Is that because I still have the add in vid card still present What do I need to do With the Pro card I see a Win experience rating of What would I likely see with the onboard graphics nbsp

A:Trouble onboard graphics, Intel DH55HC, i5-650

have you tried installing the chip set drivers. they can be found here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-onboard-graphics-intel-dh55hc-i5-650.153870/
Relevancy 22.36%

So this initially was a problem with my games not playing in a certain resolution without everything being cropped off on the side, and it turns out to be a problem with my resolutions/monitor in general.

I have a Samsung 2333 24" 16:9 with a 1920x1080 native resolution, and whenever i put it on 1280x720 which is the 720p setting for my monitor, everything is being cropped around the edges. The task bar is halfway gone and my desktop icons are off the screen at the top. Any idea what could be causing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-having-trouble-displaying-a-resolution.153942/
Relevancy 22.36%

it started when i removed some malware then after i reboot my pc shows a x or something like that when i unistall video serious Lenovo driver trouble my video adapters my monitor became normal again with a resolution of x and when i use driver easy i download my Mobile Intel series express family my monitor goes back to x now every time i download my video drivers it just goes back to my ugly resolution how can i fix this problem is this problem something connected with my WARCRAFT because my warcraft say s quot unavailable to initialize quot because of my direct x im using direct x and when i run dxdiag my directx features are quot not available quot my pc is gt gt gt gt LENOVO G and there s a yellow triangle in my other devices gt gt gt Lenovo video driver serious trouble gt Base system Device gt gt gt gt Base system Device gt gt gt gt Unknown gt gt gt gt Video Controller gt gt gt gt Video Controller VGA Compatible any ideas how to solved this if you need any other information concerning my problem im going to give it to you nbsp

A:Lenovo video driver serious trouble

Always helpful to state your OS first.

You definitely need to install drivers for the Base system Devices. Did you get a driver CD with your notebook or do you have a restore partition? if so go to device manager and click on the yelow item and right mouse on it and select: "Update driver" let it search for the driver, may take quite long. If successful with thiose two then try the unkown and then re-install your video driver, making sure you have the correct version, are you positive it is Mobile Intel 4 series express family?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-video-driver-serious-trouble.153389/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey,

I recently removed some malware from my computer (winxp sp3) but it seems to have left something corrupted. I can no longer connect with wlan, it will hang on 'waiting for the network to be ready' this is becuase I have an invalid IP address. Reseting the winsock does not solve it. Windows diagnostics says the winsock is corrupted but after reseting.. nothing. Also windows firewall will no longer start the ics service. I attach part of the windows diagnostics log, could anyone help me with making sense of it?

Pete

A:Trouble connecting. Invalid IP address

Check that the device settings for the network interface have not been set to a fixed IP address - go to control panel > network connections > select your device > right click > properties > double click on internet protocol (TCP/IP) and set the two obtain IP and DNS values automatically.
Reboot to reset the system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-invalid-ip-address.151390/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone I m about at my wits and trouble on powering shutoffs Random end with this issue for a computer of mine and I can t figure out for the life of me what the issue Random shutoffs and trouble powering on is Here are the symptoms - If on the computer will randomly turn off will run anywhere from a few minutes to several hours at a time with no issues - If off the computer has trouble turning on eg hitting the power button often causes the fans to spin for a split second and sometimes the boot-sequence LED s begin their changes but it shuts off within - seconds no post no beep code errors though sometimes it will power on successfully - There are no warning messages from the mobo only the OS prompt saying quot Windows did not shut down properly quot if it managed to get to a booting booted Windows state so it seems like the computer doesn t realize it was screwing up - The machine will sometimes randomly power ON if it s currently off Here s what I ve done - I did manage to run a memTest which reported no errors - Tried a stripped down boot video card -stick of RAM swapped each of my and Mobo power with current PSU and a different one both produced this issue - Tried directly plugging the PSU into the wall instead of the power bar - Tried switching the power cord connecting the PSU to AC power - Tried removing the CMOS battery and replacing I have absolutely no idea what s causing this but it s driving me nuts Here are the system specs Intel Core Quad Q P Neo Mobo W Ultra Power Supply Nautilus Water Cooling Can t recall the Video Card specs but it s nothing spectacular more of a number crunching machine than a gaming one It should be mentioned that these issues mainly cropped up when I moved to a new PSU Case which is a Cooler Master HAF but I tested with the old PSU as mentioned above admittedly it only ran W The thing about the new case is that it has several more fans than the old one and while the transition took place I may have spilled a small amount of the coolant water mixture onto the video card a small amount of which dripped down onto the mobo However given that the machine has been capable of running for up to hours at a time since I don t know if this is really the cause of the problem If anyone has some ideas for what to try next or what could be the problem I d very much appreciate it nbsp

A:Random shutoffs and trouble powering on

Try the old PSU.

If the same symptoms, unplug those fans.

Let us know the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shutoffs-and-trouble-powering-on.149820/
Relevancy 22.36%

My External hard drive is a Maxtor (now seagate) with a capacity of 1TB. Has 300GB of my information i.e my life!!!

Since a couple of days I have been trying to get it to work. I connect the HD to the laptop, it lights up, makes the normal noises, but doesnt autoplay. I go into the my computer and click on the HD but it comes back with - F:/ Application not found - !!!!

Is it my pc at fault?? I use Vista on my Hp laptop!

Or is that the software for the HD at fault!

The icon does show: 600GB left of 900GB for the HD so i am guessing that the information is still intact!!!
Please help. . . !! I cant stress how valuable the info is on this HD.

A:External hard drive in trouble

someone once told me, and no i tell others that the 1TB drives are very unreliable and shouldnt be used for storing anything of value...

Time after time ive heard from friends and collegues who have come across this and feel sorry, after all companies make them as nothing more than a selling point, when in fact you could buy 2 lots of 500gb drives and be a lot safer.

Its sad to say but your data has to all intents gone west...and may not be recoverable, that said, you could direct mount the drive into a tower pc and use a good quality file restorer to try and get them back..

if you do, dont use a 1 TB drive again will you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-in-trouble.149792/
Relevancy 22.79%

So, I have a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard and Windows 7 and I've got some partition problems. The problems stemmed from when I went to install Ubuntu. My macbook, like so many others, has a defective superdrive that works about 3% of the time. I got like halfway through the installation and then it failed. So now I am left with a 15 GB partition that I made for Ubuntu (it is unformatted), a swap partition (unformatted), and another small partition (unformatted) that I do not know the reason for its existence. I guess that the partitions could be ExFS4 and that's why they aren't showing up, but I don't know.
Point of the story: How can I "delete" these partitions so I can merge them together and try the installation again. I've tried Paragon HD Pro, EASEUS something or another, and OSX Disk Utility.

Thanks!

A:Partition trouble

Have you tried going to a Macintosh support site where they know a lot about that particular model?
I don't see how you can repair that one when it requires a software install, and your drive for installing doesn't work, so that replacement would be the order of the day, in my book.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partition-trouble.148126/
Relevancy 22.79%

Computer desktop, make: Great Quality, model: GQ3081

Earlier it had windows xp service pack 2. It was being updated to service pack 3 when it started giving trouble. It was decided to install the operating system afresh. Original disk was used. The hard disk was formatted in the process of installing attempt and then it automatically tried to install the operating system.The screen then and even now reads,"Error loading operating system", whenever the computer is powered on. Hence, it has no operating system. The computer does not take any command from keyboard.

Please advise Thanks.

A:Computer boot trouble

It was being updated to service pack 3 when it started giving trouble.Click to expand...

What kind of trouble?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-boot-trouble.148188/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello! I'm new around here but this seems like a site with a lot of computer savvy fellas. I'd appreciate any help regarding a very annoying problem I'm currently having.

I've done a lot of googling / research on this subject. I dont know if I'm looking at the wrong places or not, but it seems like this is a common issue with eMachines and installing new video cards.

These are the specs

emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=ET1161-07

I upgraded the Power Supply to 650 W, so I know that's not the issue.

I've tried uninstalling drivers, messed with settings in BIOS (which doesnt have an option to disable onboard cards), disabled onboard card via device manager. And all of these methods have failed me. I've been doing this the whole day and I literally have no idea what to google / do next.

I'd appreciate any help guys ((

A:Trouble installing a Nvidia 9600GT on an eMachine et1161-07

Whats wrong? Symptoms?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-installing-a-nvidia-9600gt-on-an-emachine-et1161-07.148144/
Relevancy 21.93%

Alright so I have a Dell Dimension 8300 that currently has in it a Nvidia Geforce 6200 video card. Recently, I discovered a PNY Verto GeForce 6800 that was in a box of old hardware I had. So I began searching the web, and found that it was supposedly compatible with the Dimension 8300. I then tried installing this card into said computer, it fit in just fine but whenever I turn the computer on with this new video card inside of it I am greeted with this god-awful beeping noise. Does anyone know what is wrong? Can it be fixed or am I stuck with the 6200 card? Please respond, ShadowSplicer.

A:Trouble with new video card in a Dell Dimension 8300

Did you connect the power supply to the external power connector on the graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-new-video-card-in-a-dell-dimension-8300.147921/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone. Recently I purchased the Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm fan. It's a great fan with many positive reviews. However, the coloring is not my taste (beige casing/brown blades). So, I want to disassemble it so I can paint it (red blades/black casing). Now I looked around online and found a guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUxiSMnGSQ for disassembling the 120mm Noctua NF-P12 which I figured would be similar for my fan but it doesn't quite seem so. I am having extreme difficulty when it comes to removing the fan blade itself. Unlike in this video where the fan blade releases rather easily, my NF-P14 just won't budge. It comes to the point where I'm nudging it so hard that I feel like I'm going to snap it off.

Does anyone have any experience with this fan? Some tips maybe?

A:Trouble disassembling Noctua NF-P14 FLX

This is going to sound obvious, but did you remove the split ring?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-disassembling-noctua-nf-p14-flx.146250/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey, I've recently been warned by my ISP for my torrent usage and I was wondering what software I could use so that such a thing does not happen again. I have no idea what they're talking about offcourse and I imagine it was someone else on my unsecured network that did what they warned me about. Anyways any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Relevancy 22.79%

Hi my computer never turns on first time and I often have to turn the pull out the plug or turn the plug off I m in the UK then wait a few minutes then turn it back on then wait another few minutes before pressing on the power button when it finally turns trouble Computer turning having on on Sometimes Computer having trouble turning on when I turn the electricity on at the wall the computer box makes a high-pitched whirring noise For whatever reason the computer ONLY ever turns on when this noise is there If I turn the Computer having trouble turning on plug on and there is no noise I can guarantee the computer will definitely not turn on and I have to turn it off and wait another few minutes before trying again I was wondering if it has anything to do with external USB things Computer having trouble turning on plugged in wireless dongle to be specific so I took them all out before trying to turn the computer on but it doesn t seem to make a difference Sometimes it acts like one of those old lawnmowers where it takes several pulls on the ignition to turn it on E g I press the power button on the box and it turns on but then seconds later it literally runs out of steam and turns off again Also on other occasions I press the power button and the little light comes on showing that the computer is thinking and really bizarrely the CD drive works you can make it come out and in but the actually computer is not turned on the power light is off Any suggestions gratefully received many thanks nbsp

A:Computer having trouble turning on

Try installing another power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-having-trouble-turning-on.145334/
Relevancy 23.22%

I bought a ASUS ENGTS250 1G video card and a Ultra LSP 450 power supply. I have been playing borderlands just fine and beat the game and am into the add-ons now with no problems till today. Now when i start playing the game about a min. into gameplay flashing lines appear and if i don't exit quickly, it blacks out leaving me with just sound. The card has never been over 55c. I am starting to think it is a power issue even tho the power supply meets the recommended stats for the card.I am about to try and use OCCT to stress test my system, and either way the results go i need to know what course of action to take to resolve this problem. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

A:Trouble with new GPU and PSU

Remember the rate wattage is always lower by 100watts. So that 450w going to be 350w. You'll need to get 500, 600, 700, 800, 1000w. In your case I would recommend 600 to 700w. Although some claim to be true wattage meaning if they say 500w it's 500w.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-new-gpu-and-psu.144546/
Relevancy 22.36%

when using my toshiba laptop the left mouse button seems to click on itself . any ideas on what is causing this problem to happen would be greatly appreciated thankyou

A:Laptop mousepad left button trouble

Does an external mouse work okay? Touchpads do break and wear out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-mousepad-left-button-trouble.144229/
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently created a new wireless network and access password on my vista laptop and now I am unable to connect to either LAN or wireless on my windows 7 or XP laptops. What can I do to get connected?

A:Having trouble connecting to network

"I recently created a new wireless network and access password on my vista laptop"...
The wireless network settings need to be the same for all computers in the shared network or LAN. Are they all the same?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-connecting-to-network.144089/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I hope I m not reposting but as of yet I can t find any solution to either of my problems Firstly I recently got faster internet installed and replaced my router with and 20Mbps Internet 50Mbps icon trouble to limited persistent one that could utilise the faster 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble bandwidth The router is supposed to be capable of enabling up to Mbps whilst my wireless card 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble is supposed to receive up to Mbps The speed of my internet provided is Mbps which is the speed that I get when I connect to the router via ethernet but when I am in the same room with my laptop I only get Mbps tested using speedtest net Help pleaseee Also after tinkering a little my wireless icon in the bottom right corner has permanently become the logo that is attached i e the icon that pops up in windows when the ethernet connection is disabled not working Everything seems to work fine though so it s not a major issue but it s just really 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble annoying I keep thinking something is wrong and every time my internet cuts out I never know Anyway thanks in advance nbsp

A:50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble

it could be a problem with your wireless card....u mention, does it work well via ethernet? if yes then u cant blame anything but your wireless card OR the wireless radio of the router itself....u can try tweaking the setting of the wireless radio in the router's config

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/50mbps-internet-limited-to-20mbps-and-persistent-icon-trouble.144228/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello all

I am having trouble connecting my verizon fios, dell 964 printer and my linksys wireless printer server. When I had comcast service it worked with moderate setup help from a computer technician. Now that I have changed to verizon, I can't seem to get it to work. Linksys will set me up with a third party for over $100 who specializes in multi systems... dell, verizion and linksys... and Verizon will do the same for the same amount of money. I have already paid a second compter technician to come in and set it up and he tells me that it can't be done and that verizon knows that there is a problem. I paid him over $170...Needless to say I'm looking to not spend another dime on this issue or I'll switch back to comcast.

D

A:Having trouble connecting fios with dell printer and wireless print server

You probably need to remove the previous wireless settings from the printer and run the set up program again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-connecting-fios-with-dell-printer-and-wireless-print-server.144156/
Relevancy 22.79%

My brother has just bought a brand new Fujitsu computer running Windows Vista 64mb. He has a Belkin 54g f5d7051 that worked fine on his Windows XP computer. We used the original cd that came with it but to no avail, i took the driver from Belkins website, that was for Vista, version 1 and 3. Still it does not work. It installs but then that is it, it tells you to plug it in, which it is but it still does not work as it does not detect it. He is really frustrated as it is a new computer, he can not even use the internet on it tonight as it does not work, please can someone help me quickly tonight!

Thanks a million,
Darren

A:Trouble with Belkin 54g in Vista

what connection are you using from the system to the Belkin; USB?

if not, then you don't need the CD. Use the Network Wizard to create the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-belkin-54g-in-vista.143419/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guys, I am trying to partition or resize my existing hard drive in order to do a duel boot with xp and ubuntu. I downloaded gparted and ran it. It recognized the hard drive but would not let me resize it. Does anybody know what could cause this? Thanks

A:Partitioning/Resizing trouble

Which version of gparted are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partitioning-resizing-trouble.142819/
Relevancy 39.56%

Last night I bought Mass Effect on steam This Internet disconnecting/reconnecting morning it was at Well I got annoyed at the slow download speed I was getting in steam so I decided to set the Internet disconnecting/reconnecting bandwidth settings from Mbps to Internet disconnecting/reconnecting because recently I upgraded from a to service to a Mbps service Well it actually worked I started getting download speeds anywhere from kbps to mbps But as soon as these great download speeds started my internet would disappear after anywhere from min to mins I ve never had this problem since I got this router or my new internet with their cable modem And there is no connection even to the modem so I m pretty sure it s not the router And when I normally use the internet my activity light on my modem is blinking but when I turn on my steam download it is solid So I m wondering if it has anything to do with the good download speed I m getting Does the ISP see that I m using a lot of bandwidth and shut me down Edit ok I started steam and as soon as I did the activity light went solid again- I paused the download and it went back to blinking So I went into AvP classic - which just got updated recently for multiplayer and I as soon as I started looking for a mp game to play the activity light went solid again and after playing for a couple mins I got disconnected the scoreboard still showed people but there wasn t anyone but I didn t get actually cut off I was still in game Edit If I use a speed test while it s doing the actual download or upload test the activity light stays solid but as soon as it finishes it goes back to blinking I don t understand it and I don t understand why it would happen now I haven t changed anything else edit yes another edit well this time I disconnected my router- plugged the modem directly to my laptop It did the same exact thing So it s not the router nbsp

A:Internet disconnecting/reconnecting

Check with your internet provider.....some restrict usage during peak times no matter the bandwidth you are paying to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-reconnecting.142199/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I just built my first PC. But when I try to boot it it goes past the bios splashscreen and then just has a flashing underscore/dash in the top left hand corner of the screen. Here are the specifications. I brought it to the place where I got the parts for a rebuild and QC but they don't know what the problem is either.
Also I got the DVD drive and harddrive from my friend so they could be the problem.
Specifications:
Asus P5Q SE Plus MotherBoard
Antec 900 two case
GTX 260 Core 216
GameXStream 700W PSU
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
4GB DDR2 Ram

Also there is no OS installed as It wont boot. I have copies of windows XP(CD) and windows 7. Also I have tried 3 different CD/DVD drives and no luck.

A:Trouble With New PC

I might be missing something here, but you said you have no OS installed? are you starting with the OS install disk in the cd drive to boot/install?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-new-pc.142162/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have had Fifa installed on my PC for a while and played it with no problems until today. When I loaded it, after a short while the colours went funny and it became pixelated so I exited thinking it was just a problem with the game but I've noticed a lot, if not all of the icons on my desktop, start menu etc are pixelated as well as the cursor. Ive tried some of the things the start menu help suggests but nothing helps. Is this my graphics card dying or could it be something else?

A:Graphics trouble

If the pixellated graphics appear outside of gaming. i.e. at startup and with just the desktop up and running then the card's Vram is likely about to need burial arrangements made.
If it just happens during gaming then try lowering the visual details to see if it lessens the problems.
You can check to make sure any attached power cable is secured correctly. You can also check to see that the card isn't blocked with dust. If the card is still under warranty then DO NOT disassemble the card to clean it.
In my experience once a card starts artifacting on a large scale, there is no way back.
Check these screenshots against what you see on your computer
http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-trouble.142012/
Relevancy 22.79%

i have a compaq presario 6400nx and i wanted to add a western digital 500gb sata hard drive so i got a pci to sata controller card. when i put the card in it went through and installed all the drives but i don't see my drive anywhere. i can feel it spinning so it is powered up. i am running xp with sp3. any ideas on something else i need to change or why it is not working??

A:Trouble with SATA controller

also i am only using this drive for storage. i have a ide drive that i have windows on. also my computer does not have andy sata ports that is why i had to get the card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-sata-controller.141686/
Relevancy 22.79%

I am not new to the world trouble build System New of computers but when it comes to completely building a new computer I am definitely not seasoned in that area Recently I ve decided to build a new computer With a Cooler Master Elite case AMD Phenom X Ghz CPU GB X GB Crucial Rendition PC - DDR XION W Simple Power Supply and ECS Black Series GF A These were the New System build trouble new parts I ordered and the rest New System build trouble HD Monitor etc I already have So I follow the exact order the motherboard manual says to set everything up and it doesnt power New System build trouble on I try unplugging and plugging everything back in carefully to see if i screwed up the first time and still the comp wont power up I test the power supply and it works fine I take the MoBo out and do a POST test with just the CPU PSU RAM with the monitor and keyboard connected and I can access the BIOS just fine But when I go back and put the mobo back in the case and connect all the hardware nothing works My guess is the case is causing a short somewhere but how do I fix that Any ideas nbsp

A:New System build trouble

You didn't mention using motherboard standoffs. Did you use them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-system-build-trouble.141526/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi All ,
Just having a go at reformatting a Acer Aspire t630 acquired from an auction no software ,problem being is there is no sata in the bios only ide and the floppy drive unit is cactus so i cant load the sata drivers i downloaded from acer web site .
I have put in a ide hard drive and installed windows xp pro to that but at this point have no idea how to get the sata drive online can i use a generic sata driver to get it up and going ? The sata driver from acer is just a driver file not a setup one if that makes sense hope i have given you enough information
Regards herbster

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-install-trouble.141055/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have DDR ram with 184 pins and trying to install new ram. I have a NF61S Micro 754 6.x motherboard and the new ram is Samsung 1GB DDR RAM PC-2700 ECC Registered 184-Pin DIMMThe computer turns on, but monitor does not. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Trouble installing ram

It would be nice to know what motherboard and what specific RAM you're talking about but without that I'd say incompatible RAM or wrong RAM voltage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-installing-ram.140088/
Relevancy 23.22%
Q: Trouble

I have a music video file that is 58 sec long however when I play it on my laptop it does not stop after that time. It plays it full length about 4min, my problem is that only the 58sec were burned to dvd when I tried to burn it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble.139786/
Relevancy 22.79%

Wireless network trouble - no wireless when ethernet cable is plugged in Hey all I ve been roaming the net for two days in a row but I can t find any answer to my problem so here s my Wireless trouble network first ever shout for help on a forum A while ago i read something about the possibility to use your pc as a wireless accesspoint for other pc s Wireless network trouble internet connection sharing on an ad hoc network I thought this being very useful so I Wireless network trouble tried it and it worked immediately About minutes later my pc decided to go to sleep Wireless network trouble because I wanted it to in any other situation so the connection fell away Ever since I have been unable to create any wireless network and after a while I discovered that I can t actually detect any wireless network in range as long as the ethernet cable is plugged in As soon as I unplug it available networks pop up This is not so much a problem as I would like to get the ad hoc network to work again Here s what s up with my pc and what i ve tried -My pc is a HP compaq w workstation with a intel wireless wifi link AGN module and running windows professional -bit -It didn t fall down or i didn t bump it or anything recently -I was sharing my internet connection cable through an ad hoc network wireless and it worked fine on the other laptop when my pc went to sleep and the problems started -The main problem is that I can t create a new wireless network anymore when i do so windows says quot Could not create network quot -So I tried restarting for several times turning off my wireless adapter and back on I searched the internet for solutions like a driver update I reinstalled the drivers for all wireless and bluetooth adapters I went looking in the bios and turned off the wireless radio and back on and after all this i found out that if i unplug my ethernet cable wireless connections do show but the real problem remains I also went through thousands of setting of the adapters and also my firewall but no results so far If anyone knows how to solve this I d be enormously thankful Or if you need more information let me know Greetz nbsp

A:Wireless network trouble

Have you tried uninstalling all related software and firmware, then reboot and defragment, then reinstall everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-trouble.139578/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a game downloaded from Big Fish Games which I ve been playing for the past year However now when I try to open the game I get this error code quot Executable path is not writable If you launched the application directly Trouble opening game from the CD please run the installer Trouble opening game to install the application quot The game is called Ricochet Recharged one of my favorite games I contacted Big Fish and they told me Trouble opening game I might need new drivers Here s the information that got from my error report Hi Linda Thank you for providing the report After analyzing the report I saw that the video driver was last updated on An outdated video driver may be the cause of trouble you ve encountered To resolve this I would recommend visiting the computer s manufacturer website below to get the most recent update by contacting their technical customer support To make the process of locating your driver update easier I ve listed the details of your system and video card below System Model product Inspiron s Operating System Windows Vista Home Basic Driver- Graphics Video Radeon X X Series Afterwards uninstall and reinstall the game restart your computer to initialize any updates and then create a new profile to start a new game I ve provided a link below with detailed instructions on how to uninstall reinstall a game If you re still having problems with the game after doing these updates please let me know Click to expand I have installed and uninstalled this game so many times but keep getting the error message Can anyone help me on this Is there another driver I should be installing Any help would be appreciated Linda nbsp

A:Trouble opening game

if the game has worked for a year without any problems before i want to say that it's not video driver related. however, games are updated from time to time which can yield compatibility issues. i would still think that the drivers are fine though. the actual error message itself states that the path in which the game's files are stored is not accessible, meaning the computer can't run it. since you're on Vista, I would try disabling UAC and then see what happens when you go to run the game. you may need to modify the application's security permissions or run it under another account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-opening-game.138654/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

So I'm having trouble getting a new hard drive to boot in my bosses computer. The hard drive will boot in the other dell I'm using to set it all up and copy over stuff so I'm sure its a problem in the boot.INI or something. Regaurdless, I was going to run a repair using a windows install cd. But it won't boot. It says boot drive unavailavble. But my UBCD will boot and a few other boot disks I have made. But none of the 10 XP cd's i have will boot. I even tried putting in a fresh formated HDD. The computer refuses to boot from the XP cds. But any other boot cd I have boots fine.

Any ideas?

A:Trouble booting from XP install cd

You may need to get the RAID Drivers from the Motherboard Manufacturer, bang 'em on a Floppy {remember those?} and press F6 when Windows prompts for "3rd Party Drivers" near the begiining. It'll continue loading, then ask you to press "S" to specify what drivers.

It'll then install the drivers, XP will see the HDD & bobs your uncle.

The other way - if you don't have a floppy Drive, is to slipstream them in using N Lite.

Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-booting-from-xp-install-cd.138523/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi This is my first post Recently I have been having trouble when starting up my PC When I press the power button it would light up the fans would start up and then in a few seconds the whole thing would power down before anything shows on the screen then on its starting Trouble up own it would run through the same cycle over and over again powering up and down until I Trouble starting up turned off the PSU I did a google search and found advice to Trouble starting up disconnect Trouble starting up everything reconnect it and clear the cmos either by removing the MOBO battery or changing the pins on the reset cmos I did all that and it started up again I had the PC on overnight and when I returned to it the screen was blank power saving mode but I could not get the monitor to respond as the mouse and keyboard where unresponsive I powered down manually and then it would not start again I ran through what I did previously but this time it did not work I tried disconnecting the HDD s and the CD ROM drive and power on to BIOS This worked Then reconnected all the drives and it powered up just fine I am using it now I am perplexed as to why it works some times and not others Could it be the MOBO or the PSU I am dual booting Ubuntu and XP It loads to GRUB Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Trouble starting up

I would try another power supply first, then I would go after the motherboard. Do you see any swollen or leaking capacitors around the CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-starting-up.137611/
Relevancy 22.79%

The HD died on my Toshiba laptop the other day. I replaced it and tried to do a full recovery from the disks that were furnished with the laptopbut had no luck.

I called Toshiba's tech support and talked to 2 different techs who both said that the problem was with my new HD.

I can install Linux on the HD without a hitch.

I can boot from the disks that came with the laptop and copy files to the new HD with no trouble.

I can see all the files on the recovery disks but if I try to do a full recovery I get error code 03-EEEE-0000.

From what I've been able to find online, those recovery disks are really nothing more than a set of coasters.

Has anyone had any luck doing a full recovery from the disks supplied with a Toshiba laptop and if so what did you do to make them work?

A:Toshiba Trouble

First, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

The recovery disks that come with most consumer laptops are not full Windows Installation disks ... they just have the hardware drivers and pre-loaded software that came with the computer and can restore your computer to a factory-original state ... IF you are using the original drive.

In this case, sine you completely replaced the drive you will need a completely fresh Windows installation. I just did a completely fresh install of Windows 7 and it's WAY better than Vista or XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-trouble.137574/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I recently got a GB Seagate external USB hard drive I ve been & with 4.5 Trouble Installer Windows Seagate Manager experiencing Blue Screens for a while now after the drive was added and I am currently troubleshooting in the BSOD forum here on Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager techspot One avenue we tried was to uninstall the Seagate Manager software because it seemed it could be linked to my problem I am not able to boot normally as soon as my desktop appears I get a BSOD with quot page fault in non paged area quot I have been going into safe mode for my troubleshooting I used the Seagate chat today because I was not able to uninstall the Seagate software on my computer apparently it s because it can t be done in safe mode from what I was told by the chat tech I was instructed to download Windows Installer Since I have done that I am getting a different error message Error Windows installer service could not be accessed etc from the add remove programs because I don t think that the installed correctly in safe mode Does anyone know how I can get my windows installer back to normal or updated to while in safe mode since I can t boot normally right now Thanks Joe nbsp

A:Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager

You could try using System Restore to bring your PC back to a point before you installed Windows Installer 4.5.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-windows-installer-4-5-seagate-manager.134370/
Relevancy 22.36%

Please bear with me while I explain this story as it has multiple components any of which may be causing this problem I recently moved into a new apartment and I ve tried connecting to the wireless internet with no luck Or it will Wireless Laptop Trouble on With Connection My let me connect and appear to be working but when I open a browser either IE or Trouble With Wireless Connection on My Laptop Firefox it looses the connection I ve taken the next logical steps but when I try to repair the connection it tells me that it cannot repair the connection because it cannot renew the IP address After searching online I ve found all kinds of suggestions on what to do run cmd ipconfig release renew etc download and run Winsock repair make sure the wireless raido is on it is Still nothing My roommate has no issue so I m certain the problem isn t with the router I m also not able to connect directly via an ethernet cable the modem router is located in the landlord s apartment downstairs For the past three years I ve connected primarily through a broadband card because I travel a lot and it s just as easy to use it from home as anything else However this apartment must have walls of lead because I get terrible connection with the card and the cell phone I m not having any problems connecting with the broadband card so I feel like the issue must be with my wireless connection in the computer I m at my wits end and don t know what else to do Does anybody have any suggestions nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-wireless-connection-on-my-laptop.136756/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all For several months I have been trying to diagnose a problem that occurs on my Viewsonic VX monitor connected to a BFG GTX I had been running a BFG card with no problems at all but wanted something faster on this aging system Asus P AD -E Premium and got a good deal on the It worked great with the drivers included on the install CD That driver was dated When I installed the later driver I started to see video noise lines running up and down both sides of the screen when in the max resolution of x HZ The noise would become more intense trouble VX2000 and NVidia Viewsonic drivers as the monitor warmed up but would reach a point where it would not get any worse but the monitor would flicker occasionally as though it were receiving a signal out of its range When I reduced the resolution to x or x the noise was not present I got tired of trying to fix the issue so I rolled back the driver to the older one But every time I found a new driver on Nvidia s web site I would try it in hopes that the Viewsonic VX2000 and NVidia drivers trouble issue might be fixed It was not So I resigned to using the older driver Upgrading the driver really had no effect on any of my games anyway so upgrading the driver was really just a geek kind of thing that I like to do So everything was fine in XP land But this morning I installed Windows Ultimate on the same machine I created a dual boot so I can always go back to XP as needed When Win installed it would not use the older Nvidia driver so it installed the latest one Guess what I ve got the problem back I cannot avoid using the new driver anymore unless I want to stick with XP but that s not what I want to do I tried several things The only thing that solved the issue for Windows was removing the card and re-installing the old When I did that the problem was gone I could run in Windows at the highest resolution x without the noise But doing this was not a workable option because what would be the point of having upgraded to the card if I wasn t going to use it I was going to and may still do so take my box over to my brother s house where he has a nice flat screen monitor that is better than my Viewsonic I would confirm that while the card was plugged into his monitor I did not get the noise at any resolution But that won t happen until sometime this weekend and it s EDT here in New Jersey and I want to fix this problem right now I just wanted to confirm that the video card was not the culprit I hadn t been suspecting this since there was no problem with the older driver and because of the fact that I could get a few minutes of clear screen if I switched off the monitor for a few minutes Yet I was grasping so I called BFG support by phone I waited about minutes and got a live person to discuss my problem with While talking to the guy at BFG and he put me on hold twice to ask another technician the questions I was asking I was getting very technical asking about waveforms and timing I had a thought that the driver update could have caused the waveforms to change so the monitor would not be able to handle it But he came back on the line and assured me that the driver was not affecting the waveforms While I was waiting on hold the second time I was playing around with different resolutions I found one x HZ that worked with no noise at all This pretty much gave me the answer I have been looking for since April The problem is the lousy Viewsonic VX It s specs say that it will display resolutions up to x but it will do so only at Hz I don t know exactly why upgrading the video drivers with or without upgrading the OS caused the problem to appear and i don t expect I will ever know enough about how the hardware works with Windows and its drivers but I have learned something about this whole episode Don t buy another Viewsonic monitor I should have known I was going to have trouble with this monitor right from day one When I first put this system together I had purchased an ATI card The monitor would ... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viewsonic-vx2000-and-nvidia-drivers-trouble.136717/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have had issues with my pc since I had it built in January but I ve just dealt with them and went on I should have never went to the local place that I did but you learn from your mistakes Anyway the main issue I ve had with the computer is that every once in a while it would freeze random times - never doing a specific thing and the screen would blink on and off I would have to force it to shut down and restart It sucked but it still worked very well Wedday night it got worse - the computer is frooze as soon as windows came up My backgroud appeared the icons appeared then shortly after it would freeze There was a couple of the times that I restarted that it would boot up completely then as soon as I would click on any program it would freeze I checked the fans they were working fine I blew out the - in Computer only Mode boot Will Safe Trouble dust and I checked the temp which was fine So last night I started in Safe Mode and ran Error Checking took about hours or so This morning - same thing - it froze as soon as windows came up I haven t installed any new programs in quite a while I haven t changed any drivers that I can recall recently I am just kind ve at a loss and don t know where to look next Sometimes my bios beeps but it s never consistant patterns I checked for an update and was told by e-support several weeks ago that my bios was current I have XP Nvidia GForce series and a Pentium Prcoessor Any suggestions what I might could do next Thanks Caren nbsp

A:Computer Trouble - Will only boot in Safe Mode

boot into safe mode then take off all drivers then see if it still freezes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-trouble-will-only-boot-in-safe-mode.135939/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello to all I m a relative noob when it comes to pc s and I am pulling my hair out I m hoping someone can help with rapidshare.com Trouble me I am a rapidshare premium account holder and up until last Trouble with rapidshare.com thursday I was experiencing download speeds of upto kbps Since then Trouble with rapidshare.com the speed has dropped to wait for it kbps If i m lucky this might jump to kbps Trouble with rapidshare.com I contacted rapidshare and they assured me there was no problems their end I logged on to rapidshare while at work and yes experienced full download speeds I went back to my home pc logged onto rapidshare there and again got kbps download speed I then ran a speed test which came out at mb Downloaded some files from various sites and got high download speeds I tried rapidshare again and got kbps My isp insist it could be my distance from the exchange line quality modem drivers but I feel these are not causing the problem Has anybody got any ideas what could be causing the slowdown to that one particular site Many many thanks in advance Darren nbsp

A:Trouble with rapidshare.com

You may have a corrupted system... it could be from a virus, spyware, or a failing hard drive.
Tell us more about your computer brand, model, memory, hard drive, and age. Also what security software is installed for antivirus and antispyware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-rapidshare-com.135754/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have here a Dell Dimension which I have upgraded the CPU in it to a GHz Pentium as opposed to the Ghz Celeron It runs much better actually boots faster than any computer I ve ever having 720p Computer videos trouble decoding had and overall functions beautifully however I still have one problem with it It lags when playing p or higher resolution video files It doesn t seem to matter what kind of compression or container they are it just lags The sound continues ahead of the video and the video is basically in slow Computer having trouble decoding 720p videos motion My question is What other than buying another computer or upgrading the processor and or motherboard could I do to help the situation A friend of mine suggested putting in a video card as that may help with the video decoding and playback I know that when I put in a really shitty PCI video card it made it worse so therefore if I do the opposite put in a really good PCI video card it may help or so I d think Before I go buying the most expensive and fancy PCI card I can find I wanted to know what other people think and if anyone has any more detailed information nbsp

A:Computer having trouble decoding 720p videos

Video cards do improve video quality through hardware accelaration, Though i would try to find and borrow a decent one before you invest in your own, just to be sure you get the results you are after.

Check here:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51437.html

For an idea of what pci cards are best.

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-having-trouble-decoding-720p-videos.135302/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a HP that is laptop trouble HP dv6707 giving me numerous problems which I have been unable to find a solution for Problems seemed to start after laptop got infected with antivirus malware Laptop would randomly turn off and would not restart correctly Keep getting stuck on HP dv6707 laptop trouble Windox start up screen As the laptop does not have any important data on it I decided to do a hard reboot I reformatted the drive and as soon as the computer restarted it got stuck again on the Windows screen Afer doing this several times I decided to order the CD recovery disks from HP Tried a hard reboot from CDrom same thing happened Took it to a computer repair shop They said it was a HP dv6707 laptop trouble bad hardrive After over weeks of waiting for a new hard drive long story I ordered a replacement drive from HP and installed it myself Inserted CDrom recovery disks reformatted drive and upon computer restarting got stuck on Windows screen again Restarted computer finally got to screen saying installing software and in the middle of installing computer turned off I guess this isn t a hard drive problem Could it be the motherboard Not sure how much more time money I want to invest in this laptop Maybe I should just get a new laptop Any help ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv6707-laptop-trouble.135263/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there was currently working on a laptop Dell Inspiron B that was bluescreening regularly prior to loading into windows about out of every trouble inspiron hardware a with Perplexing Dell times I could Perplexing hardware trouble with a Dell inspiron eventually boot into windows it eventually blue screened after no longer than about minutes anyways upon attempt to install a fresh copy of windows it bluescreened yet again I ran some diagnostics and the harddrive came back as failed so as simply as it sounds I replaced the harddrive and attempted yet again to install windows XP Home by the way it got a little farther this time it started to load some initial drivers but went no further and yet again bluescreened with the same error code before leaving me to believe it was no longer the harddrive Blue screen error code posted at end of post At this point I ran a full hardware diagnostic test twice with two different programs and re-ran specific harddrive diagnostic tests all coming up with problems the harddrive problem seemed to had been fixed but I was still getting this blue screen After first replacing the harddrive when I tried installing windows for the first time it gave me a different error code quot Ntkrnlmp exe Could Not Be Loaded The Error Code Is quot upon Microsoft s suggestion I reset my bios and did the above diagnostics tests the bios resetting seemed to have let me get farther in the installation but as I have stated I was still bluescreening and as previously stated the Ram along with the other hardware was apparently clean So alas I am completely puzzled it isn t the operating system it supposedly isn t the harddrive nor is it the Ram the only other thing I could think of is perhaps it s the connection between the harddrive and the motherboard for the record the harddrive is IDE Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions I can t really figure out any other way to go with this one -thanks BSOD A computer has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer Blah blah blah Technical Information STOP x E xC xF BF xF F pci sys - Address F BF base at F DateStamp b d ac nbsp

A:Perplexing hardware trouble with a Dell inspiron

This is a serious error, but is usually a driver error. Your computer is about three to four years old, so it can be as simple as a dirty CPU fan or cooling channels, a defective memory module, but the driver error is most common, and the video graphics driver is the most common with that Dell model.
You need to test several things. Remove one memory module, and see what happens with the other. Then change modules and try again.
Clean your cooling channels with a can of dust off or other canned, treated cleaner air.
Go to Start->Control Panel->System-> Device Manager, and look for yellow or red flags on any and all of the devices listed. If there is a "mark" of some kind, you can assume that is the correct driver to replace.

Go to the Dell site, and enter your Service Tag off the label on the computer.
When you get to that side, have Dell Scan your computer so you know what to download, or download all the drivers.
Then put them on disk or flash driver where you can install them as needed.
Obviously, you will need another computer to do this. You might also want to print the instructions for each driver if you have not done this before.
First, update the BIOS
Second, install the Chipset drivers.
Third, install the Video Graphics driver...
Then install all other drivers that have a date more recent than your purchase date... or install them all.
Keep notes on what you do and what happens.
Get back to us if not successful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/perplexing-hardware-trouble-with-a-dell-inspiron.134975/
Relevancy 39.13%

can anyone help me here pls

In noticed that when i plug my ethernet cord in the LAN ethernet intergrated port my local area connection 2 keeps connecting and disconnecting. It tries to connect for about 12sec then it tries to reconnect for about 5-6sec, and this keeps doing that same process over and over. I have noticed in the back the amber light blinks every 3sec and the green light is solid. Do you think the port is about the fail or can i have any suggestion? I also reset the modem and disconnect the cable and put plug them back in.

A:Lan connection problem disconnection and reconnecting

you say its connection 2 do you have another nic also what is the end result after waiting to connect (limited or no connectivity or media disconnected or what)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-connection-problem-disconnection-and-reconnecting.134395/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have checked the system volume updated drivers checked the BIOS even went as far as checking to see if audio with Trouble onboard Realtek AC'97 the windows audio service was started Still i get no sound out of my speakers When i turn Mic Boost on in volume controls i hear a loud fuzzy sound that is how i know it isn t Trouble with Realtek AC'97 onboard audio a hardware issue My system Specs are Field Value Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name BRANDON User Name Compaq Owner Motherboard CPU Type AMD Sempron MHz x Motherboard Name MSI RS M RX M MS- PCI PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Video LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress AMD Hammer System Memory MB DDR SDRAM BIOS Trouble with Realtek AC'97 onboard audio Type Award Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter Radeon X Series Secondary MB Video Adapter Radeon X Series MB Monitor Compaq FP quot LCD CNN L S Multimedia Audio Adapter ATI SB - AC Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller ATI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Disk Drive ST A GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Disk Drive Multi Flash Reader USB Device MB USB Optical Drive LITE-ON LTR- S x x x CD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D FAT MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse PS Trouble with Realtek AC'97 onboard audio Compatible Mouse Network Network Adapter Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Modem Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller ATI SB - USB Controller USB Controller ATI SB - USB Controller USB Controller ATI SB - USB Controller USB Device USB Mass Storage Device USB Device USB Mass Storage Device Problems amp Suggestions Problem Disk free space is only on drive D Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Trouble with Realtek AC'97 onboard audio

That noise is often a sign that the speakers or the sound card has been over-driven and burned out.
Have you tried testing with a different set of speakers? A different sound card? Do you have any red or yellow flags in your device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-realtek-ac97-onboard-audio.133287/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, all. I just reformatted my computer. I've believe I've downloaded all necessary drivers for my video card. However, I seem to be having problems with lit pixels. I had some minor problems prior to the reformat--just a couple every now and then--but definitely not at the level it's at now. I can't figure out if this problem is due to problems with my monitor or my video card.

I have:

Nvidia Geforce 7600GT
HannsG JC199D

I notice it mostly when scrolling. Against dark backgrounds, I will see many green blue and red pixels, nearly always in increments along vertical lines. I will scroll down once or twice, and half of those will disappear, replaced by new ones. I've linked some screenshots, which I hope will help.

scrolled down twice, and this is what it looks like

A:Trouble with temporary lit pixels

Hi Nosoup,
have you noticed if they are always in the same spot on your monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-temporary-lit-pixels.133283/
Relevancy 23.22%

ok this may seem stupid but i tryed to plug my netcomm adsl2 modem router into a belkin 54g wireless router so my laptop could also have internet but it does not work this is how i plugged it in
modem->router->computer
i do not have the setup cd's but i have the IP addresses which work I just need to know if it is possible to set it up and if so how?
thanks in advance

A:DSL trouble please help

woops i accidentally put this in the wrong section of the forums but can you please still answer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-trouble-please-help.132964/
Relevancy 22.36%

I use a headset with a built in microphone when playing online games When playing the game with the sound effects on whenever I try Trouble and Microphone Headset Having Computer Audio with to talk through the microphone to others they hear amplified loud sounds and tones and can t hear me But when I turn off the game s sounds so I m not hearing anything in my headphones when I speak people can hear me clearly This tells me that the sound I m hearing in my headphones is being relayed along with my voice to people when I turn on the microphone I ve searched about this problem but can t seem to find an answer so please help does anyone know where I can make sound card changes mine is a realtek or setting changes to where I can listen to the game s sounds and speak on the microphone at the same time without the game sound input being included in the microphone output nbsp

A:Having Trouble with Headset Microphone and Computer Audio

I am having the exact same issue, and have the same sound card. I haven't tried this yet because of a second issue I am having but read this link (okay it's my first post and I can't post links, so you will have to adjust this):

techspot.com/vb/topic51203.html

So it appears to be a mixing issue? Shouldn't that be changable somewhere aside from the program your using?

My issue is whenever I hit setup in ventrilo, it locks the program. It's a brand new machine, on the last couple versions of vent as well - but on my older machine it did the exact same thing - different sound card. All drivers are up to date, and i tried holding down the bypass key as the VENT FAQ suggests but it has no effect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-with-headset-microphone-and-computer-audio.132875/
Relevancy 22.36%

I recently had to replace the mother board in my HP Pavillion a620n because of a nearby lightning strike. The replacement was done by a certified technician. Now when I shut the PC down I must turn off the powe strip it is connected to, turn the power stip back on and then press the power button on the top right of the PC case.

Prior to the replacement all I had to do was press the power buitton. I have checked all power settings etc and they are correct.

When I turn the power strip back on the hard drive accesss light flickers, the DVD drive light flashes and the fan start. I then pust the power button and the computer boots.

A:Trouble with powering up HP Pavillion 1620n

The power supply is the first piece of hardware to be hit by a power surge. it also may have been damaged

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-powering-up-hp-pavillion-1620n.131815/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there I bet you ve heard this question a million times but can any one help me install windows xp onto my new sata II hard drive I have decided to update my pc and i have put a sata drive in Never used one before On installing xp i get the bsod I have been researching into this and found that i am missing some drivers as old copies of xp don t register sata drives My motherboard detects the hard XP installing II on Drive Hard SATA Trouble drive and so thats all cool The problem is i don t know where to get a driver for it from I ve looked every where Here are my specs ASUS P KPL-AM Motherboard GB Maxtor SATA II Hard Drive I know that the pc is ok as I tried the old ide hard drive and everything was fine I have also looked on the motherboard software disc and asus website for a driver for this but they don t have one or any makedisk exe file nbsp

A:Trouble installing XP on SATA II Hard Drive

Your motherboard may need a bios update in order to fully use SATA drives. You should only be using an XP Pro, SP2 install CD now. There are jumper pins on SATA drives that can be used to slow down data rates for compatibility on older motherboards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-installing-xp-on-sata-ii-hard-drive.131604/
Relevancy 23.22%

So, I was using my PC like normal and all of a sudden I got a BSOD and when I restart it said an overclock failed even though it has been running at the same speed for about 6 months. I change my processor to 3.0 from 3.2 and it runs fine for like 15 min before completely freezing up. I try restarting, I don't get anything on my monitor but all my fans are on and my G15 keyboard won't light up so I doubt it's my graphics card. I tried reseting the bios and that didn't do anything. I was thinking it's my power supply because a kind of similar thing happened when it broke before.
specs are Q9550, 4870, 4gbs of ocz reaper ram ddr2 1066, corsair 750w psu, asus p45

A:PC trouble

read the FAQs in the CPU forum about overclocking. also that is the appropriate forum for overclock questions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-trouble.131764/
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently attempted to upgrade the CPU in my older computer (Intel Celeron700Mhz to Intel Pentium III 866Mhz) and now displays POST messages and states that it is prepairing to enter BIOS and then freezes. I have tried swapping the old processor back, checked cables and connections, and tried to reset BIOS using the reset jumper on the motherboard with no luck. any help would be appreciated.

A:Boot trouble

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you have done all that can be done except try booting the thing with no memory or graphics card in it - just connect a speaker so you can hear the beeps. 2 beeps is good (but not likely as you have no ram) - a string of beeps means no RAM or no graphics**. Put a stick of RAM and try again - if no onboard graphics you should get more beeps but different count.
In truth I think you have probably got a bad board which was OK until you disturbed it.

** - find what your motherboard beeps codes are from either the manual or look it up on the maker's website

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-trouble.130172/
Relevancy 22.79%

This morning i started up my computer, to see nothing on my screen. None of the startup sounds came until an hour later, but it was my programs starting up, not the windows sounds. It is not my moniter, I tried my playstaion 3 on it. I also ran my ps3 audio thru my computer and that also worked. My hard drive is spinning, I can tell from the vibrations. I am writing this from my phone, please help.

A:Unknown trouble, please help

Video graphics card or video graphics driver has gone bad.

A hard drive can keep on spinning long after it goes bad.

How do you know that your programs started up, if you cannot see them, nor hear them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-trouble-please-help.129920/
Relevancy 22.79%

hii i have a HD 4670 video and it suddenly stopped working couple days ago iv'e had it for 3months....was working fine ....
first my computer froze, den pushed power off...den ii turned it back on, and i hear like a click click noise, my cpu/video card/ fans. maybe psu too ii didnt check...turns off and on by itself repeatedly for about 15secs..den it'll boot up...am currently on-board graphics...ii removed my video card , and it boots up on the first try... no clickiin noise/fans turning off....ii put it back in.still have same problem..video card is running rite now/fans/power on....windows doesnt detect it thou.

is my card dead?

A:Video card trouble

You need to give more information about your pc, you can start by filling the pc specs section in your profile. It would make it a lot easier for all of us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-trouble.128689/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello all I hope someone can help but let me first start out by saying I m very computer illiterate and get very nervous about trying to Trouble, Trouble Video Now Audio fix the PC A couple of months ago my monitor screen would get a greenish-overlay to it then switch back to its regular appearance I can still read the screen it s just a green pall for lack of a better word on the screen I thought it was the Video Trouble, Now Audio Trouble monitor and replaced the new monitor with an older one After booting up the computer the screen was normal until it reached a certain point in the startup and then it got the green overlay I ve unplugged the computer twice and when I ve turned it back on the screen starts normal and then gets the green overlay As if that weren t enough now today my audio has stopped working Video Trouble, Now Audio Trouble It worked fine last night so I don t know what happened The speaker icon in the tray has disappeared and I tried unplugging restarting and then plugging the speakers back in and nothing happened I removed the Audiotek drivers and restarted and the computer detected new hardware - Multimedia Audio Controller I selected Find Drivers and it tried looking online for a couple of minutes but came back and said it could not find any hardware for the device I know people will need more information to help so let me know what information is required and I will attempt to find it or ask how to find it Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-trouble-now-audio-trouble.128667/
Relevancy 22.79%

i need to know if this is a good graphics card for a gaming rig

Diamond: ATI Radeon HD 4770

Interface: PCI Express x16
GPU: HD 4700
Core Clock: 750 MHZ
Memory Clock: 800 MHz
Memory Configuration: 16Mx32
Memory Type: GDDR5
Memory Bandwidth: 51.2 GB/s
Memory Size: 512MB
Memory Controller Interface: 128-Bit
ports: 2 Dual-Link DVI,Video Out [S-Video, Composite, HDTV]
Dual Link DVI: Hydravision 4

A:Graphics Card Trouble

Hi Andres,
It looks to be a very good card. you can use this review to see if it fits the gaming you do (resolution,game settings, AA, etc)
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/diamond_4770/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-trouble.127604/
Relevancy 22.79%

HDD1 WD20Gig - system
HDD2 Seagate20Gig - ext3 filesystem

The Gparted partition tool sees both drives (how I formatted the Seagate) but I just don't know how to setup to use the thing! (Like a windows layout how you can casually go into the drive to store / use files).

Any advice guys?

A:Having trouble setting up a second HDD

Hi,

Have you assigned the 1st (system) hdd to be a Master-drive, and the second to be cable-select or slave?

If you haven't, take a look at this picture:
Click to Maximize

On top of the drive is a sticker, like the one on the picture, and on the sticker is explained how to insert the 2-pin block to assign a drive to be a Master, slave or cable-select drive.

Make sure the drive with your OS installed on it is assigned Master, and the second drive is assigned either slave or cable-select.

Try that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-setting-up-a-second-hdd.127328/
Relevancy 22.79%

Having an issue starting up my computer. Left it unattended briefly, the cat knocked the tower over, and now it will not start up with the PCI-E connected to the video card. I was able to start up fine using onboard video. Do you think this is an issue with the video card, or the power supply?

Running: Asus M3N78-PRO, AMD ATHLON 64 X2 DUAL CORE 6000+, ULTRA LSP 550W power supply, Geforce 9800 GT 512MB

A:Start-up Trouble

reseat the cards and re-try. Also with cats you will need to clean the insides with canned air as hairballs are terrible on electronics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/start-up-trouble.127409/
Relevancy 22.79%

Earlier today I couldn't even get my CD-ROM to run, now we downloaded a new driver and it is running, but everytime I try to import a song from a CD into itunes it freezes up itunes. Sometimes it will start importing the first song, but says that it will take 23 minutes, which I know is way too long. We have the newest version of itunes which we just downloaded today. There is no other music in it at this point.

Also, when we put a CD in and try to import it to itunes our task manager says that the CPU processes/usage is 100%. Can anyone tell me what might be going wrong. I tried to find this on itunes support, but it suggested changing the import settings, and mine were already set to the correct specifications.

A:CD-ROM and itunes trouble

I would look in the Device Manager and check under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" and see if any controllers have reverted to the slower PIO mode from DMA or UDMA mode. If so, change it back. Otherwise, the CD drive might be bad. They are inexpensive and usually easy to replace.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rom-and-itunes-trouble.127220/
Relevancy 22.79%

My PC will no longer recognise the monitor for what it is It has a native solution of and it did work fine on this Without me seeing any reason it suddenly does not want to show this resolution anymore in the screen list and this problem occured out of the blue not related to an update of XP or whatever Is there anybody that can tell me what to do to restore this I need to mention that when I used the pc on it s own for a while and after that connected Monitor trouble the monitor it actually recognised the correct sreen for session A new start up gave me the same troubles I tried updating the driver for the video card installing the monitor HP w ew Monitor trouble rolling back drivers nothing seems to help PC Fijutsi Siemens Amilo M Labtop Notebook Video card Intel GM GME Graphics Windows XP Home edition Updated up to today Although the Norwegian version I bought this PC when I was living Norway Any hints welcome nbsp

A:Monitor trouble

Maybe caused by a virus or other malware infection...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-trouble.127013/