Windows Support Forum

Adding a Mac to a PC network

Q: Adding a Mac to a PC network

I have a home PC network set up with a few desktops and laptops, some wired, some wireless, all running XP professional. I recently bought a Mac G3 desktop and upgraded the operating system to OSX 10.2 I want to become familiar with mac's and their software in addition to windows. I am attempting to add the mac to my pc network and could use some help. I found the network settings on the mac but so far don't seem to be able to add that system to my existing network. I am pretty sure that it can be added but if anyone could save me some time I would appreciate it. Thanks, Vince

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Adding a Mac to a PC network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Adding a Mac to a PC network

Well, you can start by telling us if it's wired or wireless. The Mac out of the box should connect to a router with a wired connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-mac-to-a-pc-network.731281/
Relevancy 49.88%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an Actiontec GT701-wg DSL modem running a wireless network. I currently have two laptops with XP sharing the Internet connection. Since the modem has an open Ethernet port in the back, I was wondering if it might be possible to plug in a networkable external hard drive and have it available to both of the laptops wirelessly.

If it is possible, what setting would be required on the laptops to enable them to see the external drive?

Thanks!

Relevancy 48.16%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 45.58%

I set up a small network here at my house. I have my computer and a laptop both sharing files and my computer sharing the printer. Both use Win XP. now i have an older computer in another room that is running Windows ME. How do i set that one up to be on the same network? I don't know ME all that well. Do i need to create a network disc? I know it asked me if i wanted to create one when I created this network but i didn't do it. Is there a way to go back and create one now? Thanks in advance.

A:Help adding a PC to a network.....

Yes, you can go back and run the Network Setup Wizard again.

But, easier if you have the XP system disk--just stick the Windows XP system disk in your ME's CD drive. When it comes up you choose (I'm not sure of the exact words) "do other tasks." One of the other tasks will be the Network Setup Wizard.

[Just make sure you don't go down some path that formats the disk or installs Windows!]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-adding-a-pc-to-a-network.451095/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am adding a new NT server to an NT 4.0 network. When you sign on it won't take my administrator password. How can I go in and change it so it will take my administrator password so I can sign on to the Domain.

A:Adding NT server to NT network

Is this setup as a member server?

Try the local password you assigned it when you installed NT. This is normal behavior for member servers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-nt-server-to-nt-network.67977/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello:

I have a question... i was browsing through group policy and noticed that there is an option to define a website where users can click to add network printers... i was wondering how to setup that page so when they click on the pritner name it adds it to their computer?

Any help would be great!

A:Adding Network Printers

Never noticed that group policy. Where is it located?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-network-printers.214523/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I currently have a home network with a Dell Demension 2400 desktop computer as the main computer and a Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop. Both of them have Window XP. I would like to connect two new Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 7 to the network. Is this possible to do with different versions of Windows?

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a very simple network problem that is bugging me. I have an XP home computer that has a Westell modem/router with Verizon DSL and it works fine. We are using it wired. My daughter came home from college, she has a Dell Dimension 4600 with a mini wan port. I plug the ethernet cable into the computer and I can't figure out how to get it to recognize the network. Occasionally, it will work for about 10 seconds and quit. I am not familiar with XP Pro at all, it looks different than XP Home. Please help me. I have tried everything I could think of and then some. My computer has XP SP3 on it if that has anything to do with it.

Relevancy 45.15%

I have an existing network with my business using Windows 2000 Server. I want to connect a new computer to the network. Not sure how to create it

Relevancy 45.15%

Is there built in wireless functionality or what can I do to connect this wirelessly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-ps3-to-my-wireless-pc-network.633195/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have an XP machine that I reformatted and reloaded Windows on, now I'm trying to add network connection back (we're on a LAN). I can't seem to get it to recognize network. Also the "add user" screen looks different than before.

Thanks.

Dana

A:Re-adding computer to network

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Did you install the drivers for the pc?
Did you add protection?
Did you update the windows?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/re-adding-computer-to-network-380474.html
Relevancy 45.15%

We have 3 computers. All running win2K. Would like to put them all on a network, preferably wireless if possible. How hard is this going to be and what do we need to know to install the network? What are some reputable brands for equipment? Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a home network that is up and running. It consists of a cable modem, a non-wireless router and two computers.

My cable provider provides me with two DHCP IP addresses that are pingable on the Internet.

I would like to connect a second router to my network and give it the second DHCP IP address that my Internet providers gives me.

How would I do that?

Thank you

Relevancy 45.15%

Here is my network config.

PC A <wired> wireless 2wire gateway
Xbox 360 <wireless> wireless 2wire gateway

need to add

PC B <wireless> wireless 2wire gateway

Both PCs are running Win XP. Have gone through network wizard to add PC, both have same network, "Home" and same WEP.

I see 2wire gateway in the list of wireless connections on PC B but when I click on it to connect to that network I get an error message...
Code:
Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of availiable networks, and try to connect again
Am I missing setting a configuration?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I m new to networking but just set up a home network with a wireless D-Link DI- a friend gave me I have a wired desktop and a wireless laptop set up now My internet connection is DSL and both are Network Help Printer Adding running XP I ve configured the router and set up WPA security and everything seems fine Both can access the web no problem I have an older HP deskjet wired to the desktop that I d like the laptop to print on Everyone says just click on quot sharing quot on the printer Help Adding Network Printer properties from the desktop and then just add the printer from the laptop Problem is I can t find the printer anywhere from the laptop I click on quot add network printer or printer hooked up to another computer quot and it s not there I tried quot local printer quot and nothing I try to browse for it and nothing Is there anything else I need to do to get the network to recognize this printer Sorry for this very amateur question Thanks Dave nbsp

A:Help Adding Network Printer

Check for firewalls i.e. Windows, Norton, or McAfee. These have most likely been the culprit for me in the past.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-adding-network-printer.565920/
Relevancy 45.15%

hello i have added a second router to my network in a second building at my location my dsl comes in and into my first router which is the dhcp second router on network adding server for the network in both adding second router on network buildings the ip address of the first router is and works fine with all computers online i added a second router to help the network and have made the ip address of the second router and all computers in the second building behind the second router are online and working fine my problem is on one of my computers in the first building has my quickbooks file and all the computers on the second adding second router on network router cannot see the computer that has the files in the network neighborhood before adding the second router all computers in both buildings were visible and shared and all had access to all computers how adding second router on network can i get the computers in the second building behind the second router map to the computers on the first router DSL - Router - computers online ------ second router - computers online XXX computers cannot see XXX computers want to map a network drive to group thanks robert nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I need to make a new network, but I have to implement it into the other network. One is a physical bus (10base2) and the other is wired as a logical token ring. I am going to make my new network a physical star. I will not be using any wireless so this seems most logical to me. Do you think I could get away with using the hybrid topology for my logical, or should I use a ring or bus?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Im currently trying to add a second workstation to a network pretty simple stuff or so i thought All three machines to second adding network xp Trouble W/S are running on xp-pro The server and the first slave get along fine I can access the server from the third slave via start-run and ip address but get no network path found when i try unc path I know ive missed something fundamental but cant figure out what Trouble adding second W/S to xp network it is All user accounts have been set up correctly I p address default gateway and subnet are all fine Ive enabled netbios Normally they d be speaking by now the only thing i can think i may have missed is DNS addresses as i forgot to check Trouble adding second W/S to xp network but i reckon theyre o k Would adding the i p and computer name to lmhosts have any effect or has anyone got any ideas on what else i can try all hardware is fine and they all ping eachother I just cant resolve the unc names If anybody can point out what ive missed i d be gratefull cheers nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Canon MF3110, I have it connected to a computer running Win 7RC at the moment, I am running Win 7 Pro Full install on my main computer. I can access and print to the Canon from all 4 computers on my simple home network. How ever I can not access the Scanner from my main computer. I try to scan and I get "No Scanner Connected" popup. Any Ideas how to get the scanner to be recognized as it is part of the printer I think it should work.

Relevancy 45.15%

I have an existing network, all Dell with Netgear router working fine, file sharing printer sharing etc great. New (Dell) laptop on Vista cannot see other computers, their files or the printer which is connected to one of the XP systems. Vista machine shows as connected to the router and I have internet on the Vista machine. All PC's are on the same workgroup. Dell says it's not a Vista problem (haha) and I know enough to know I need help with this. BTW, it's my wife's new laptop so if you're married you understand how anxious I am to fix this.

A:Adding Vista PC to network with XP's

jtwilburt said:

I have an existing network, all Dell with Netgear router working fine, file sharing printer sharing etc great. New (Dell) laptop on Vista cannot see other computers, their files or the printer which is connected to one of the XP systems. Vista machine shows as connected to the router and I have internet on the Vista machine. All PC's are on the same workgroup. Dell says it's not a Vista problem (haha) and I know enough to know I need help with this. BTW, it's my wife's new laptop so if you're married you understand how anxious I am to fix this.Click to expand...

Did you try waiting a while , then rebooting, to see if the laptop could 'see' the other computers? Sometimes it can take a while before the router finally 'wakes up' and realizes there's another computer out there.

As for the printer, did you install the drivers included in Vista on the new laptop (don't use the disc that came with the printer unless it's a newer one that is Vista compatible). Just went through this with my new computer over the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-vista-pc-to-network-with-xps.615742/
Relevancy 45.15%

I can put my w/s on other peoples computers on the network, but as I update my worksheet, the updates do not come up. I am trying to show the most current version of my worksheet on their computers, without them being able to change it. I am not as concerned about them trying to change anything, as I am with them being able to access the most current w/s. I am not really proficient in this, so please keep answers VERY simple. Thanking you in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-excel-w-s-to-network.510106/
Relevancy 45.15%

When i add a network printer on Windows XP Professional it only adds to the current user and i want it to add for all users. The only way i've figured out how to fix this problem is to use my login script (kix) to add the printer but my script is getting full of all the different printer for every machine. Is the anyway to add printer for all users on Windows XP?

A:Adding Network Printers

for network printer just put some IP ADRES in printer setup...

go to some other machine and search the computer name and after that you can c the printer and double click for that...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/adding-network-printers-100193.html
Relevancy 45.15%

this is probably a pretty dumb question, but my mind is a blank ...

I am running several computers plus assorted printers and an NAS box (LaCie 1TB drive) on a home LAN. All computers are running WinXP SP2. When I added the NAS box and a sharepoint, I added a single user (me). When I tried to access the NAS box from different computers, everything seemed to work fine. But what I neglected to test was accessing the NAS box using an account on any of the computers that was different (acct name and password) from the account that set up the share in the first place. So, I recently tried to access the NAS box from another account and could not. I had to log into the share using the original account name and password.

So, how do I add additional users? I can not seem to find a hook into the share attributes to add users.

A:Adding Network User

What's the model number of the NAS?

Chances are you add users in the NAS's webpage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-network-user.754600/
Relevancy 45.15%

Okay, we've got five printers in the office here, and they're all networked and every time I add a computer to the network because of a new hire, I just manually add all of the printers for them.

We just got a new printer and added it to the network.

Question: Is there a way to add this new printer to every computer in the network at once, or do I need to manually go to each computer and add that printer? Your help is greatly appreciated, as always.

A:Adding a printer to the Network

sorry, to my understanding, the client must add the network printer him/herself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-printer-to-the-network.73622/
Relevancy 45.15%

Win XP sP2 with home network (Linksys)
HD crash I replaced it and reloaded all Programs
Existing home nework wireless has my Laptops connected & working like usual
trying to add old PC which is directly contected via RJ45 to the router
not sure how to add it back on to existing network
PC does have internet connexion
Norton 2007 firewall in place

Any ideas, suggested website or directions would be appreciated

Relevancy 44.72%

My wife and I share a home network which includes an Epson printer. My wife also has a Samsung laser printer attached to her computer via usb cable. Can I add this Samsung printer to the network (so I too can use it) BUT still have it attached by usb to my wife's computer?

Thanks in advance.

A:Adding a printer to a home network

You can do this from Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Add a printer, then following instructions in this old post. It's about sharing a printer connected to a Windows XP machine, but the principle is the same when sharing a Windows 7 PC's printer.

In your case your wife's PC is the "XP computer" told in above mentioned post, the computer where the printer is connected. Do not forget that before printing to it you need to install correct Samsung laser printer drivers to your computer, too.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324010-adding-printer-home-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi i put this in the wrong forum

A:problem adding new notebook to network

Ok, I closed it for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-adding-new-notebook-to-network.383096/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all I m hoping someone might be able to help me in setting up network wireless to Adding wired a wired network on top of an existing wireless one Setup is as follows Downstairs Linksys E wireless router Dell laptop Adding wired network to wireless wireless adapter Upstairs Dell Inspiron Linksys AE wireless adapter Both systems running Windows and work fine Problem is I have a printer upstairs that s too far from my printer to connect with USB without losing signal quality I have an ethernet cable running to it from when my desktop used to be wired to the Adding wired network to wireless network I would like to simply Adding wired network to wireless add one of my extra routers dlink dlink M or the wired EBR and connect my desktop and my printer Dell cn so that I can print without having to buy a wireless adapter for my printer Is this possible When I first set it up I lost my internet connection as it immediately picked up the new router as the internet connection even though I don t have it connected to the internet and don t want to Any help would be greatly appreciated Ryan nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys, I have a Windows 95 machine on a workgroup called 95users and I have a computer running windows xp on a workgroup called xpusers.I just bought a laserjet color printer for my office that is connected through ethernet. It has it's own ip and network name. I can get it on the Windows XP computer, but I can't get it to connect to the windows 95 computer. I have downloaded the drivers and everything but it says that the computer is offiline and user intervention is required. Please help me out if you can. Thanks!

A:Adding network printer to computer.

ekk Win95. Is there a reason why you are still running it (needed old program)? They do have the drivers for windows 95 for this printer?? I really find that hard to believe. It has been years since I have even seen Win95... the only thing that comes to mind is sharing the printer off of the XP computer and see if you can connect to it that way. Just a thought.

TK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-network-printer-to-computer.485007/
Relevancy 44.72%

alright well ive got a wired network, and ive got the ethernet cord in the notebook, so i can get on the internet and all, but i cant access the "My Network places".
i did the setup a home network and added this machine to it, but still nothing

i go to the one of my pc's and i can see its listed in the workgroup and all.
i turned off the firewall on this and still nothing
i tried pinging from this to the pc that has the router connected directly to it and i could do that but when i tried pinging this it didnt work.
any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-adding-notebook-to-network.383111/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all This is what I have I have a Dell Desktop computer running windows XP through a Linksys Wireless-B Broadband router Recently I purchased a laptop from a friend of my daughters and I am tryting to add it to my existing network but it s laptop Trouble adding Having to network not working The laptop is Sony Vaio Model PCG-K also running Windows XP In Device Having Trouble adding laptop to network Manager under Network Adapters it has four items listed Net Adapter LAN-Express AS IEEE g mini PCI Adapter MAC Bridge Miniport Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC I ran the network setup wizard on the Laptop and the icon at the bottom of the screen says quot Wireless Network Connection quot quot Connected to my name quot quot Signal Strength Excellent quot however when I click on IE I get an error page stating quot The page cannot be displayed quot Also I have noticed that my connection name sometimes disappears and it says it is connected to PennState or Bagdad The guy that had this laptop is in the military so I am assuming that he had it networked at sometime as well How do I remove his previous networks and how can I get on the Internet with the laptop I want the desktop and the laptop networked together with sharing capabilities I will be using the laptop for business purposes so I will need to have access to files saved on my homebased computer while I am away from home I am assuming that I have something configured wrong in the laptop Any help would be greatly appreciated Diana nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

My mom and I have 4 computers at home. A Dell desktop with win7 runs as the main. She has a dell laptop with win7 that is hooked up to the home network. I have a sony with xp that is hooked up to the network. also have a hand built desktop with xp and i can't get it to connect to the network.
That computer has a VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter.
How do I get this thing to recognize the network so i use the internet?

Thanx!
Nana PooCH

A:Adding another computer to home network

Humm::Not much to go on here
So,let's get some basics.
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

&#8226; Have you tried to do a system restore to before the problem occurred?
&#8226; If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
&#8226; For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
&#8226; For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
&#8226; For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
&#8226; Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
&#8226; If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Give us as much info as you can>Ipconfig /all and pings are very important info for us.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-another-computer-to-home-network.924816/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello All,

I want to add a wireless router to our network. We have a T1 that comes into Router that only my ISP has access to. Next inline is a Sonicwall firewall that I have setup. Sonicwall is Nat Enables, I do not use dhcp, all of my devices are statically mapped pointing towards the firewall as my gateway server. Behind my firewall are several switches connecting around 100 devices.

Couple other things, I don't care if the wireless devices connect to my network. I just want internet access for anyone that connects wireless. (mostly for iPads, etc)

I do have a free DMZ port on my Sonicwall. Is it possible to use that?

Also, would I connect the wireless router to an ethernet port coming off the switch?

I have tried several attempts and can't seam to get internet access.

Thanks in advance!

A:Adding Wireless to a Static Network

I would use a wireless access point and not another router. Give it an IP address on your LAN, set up security and you should be good to go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-wireless-to-a-static-network.1012861/
Relevancy 44.72%

I would like to add a Network Directory to Directory Network a a Library to Adding a Library I've come across this link although I couldn't understand the following Quote Create a local Adding a Network Directory to a Library folder in the C Users username directory This can be named anything you want so long as it is a valid directory name Add that folder into the library Open the library from the menu bar then click on the Includes locations link at the top Click the Add button on the right side and select the folder you just created Delete the local folder that you created DO NOT remove it from the library I first create a local folder in Users username then I add a folder library and I click on includes when I click the Add button the indexing option occurs I get thrown off track at the last set of instructions which are to delete the local folder that I've created I can't get to that stage because the networked folder needs to be indexed and the point of this technique is to not have to index the drive On the same page there is this program it appears it wipes out your previous libraries which you've created which is why I'm skeptical to use it I'm hoping someone can help me get one or the other to work or has another solution to this

A:Adding a Network Directory to a Library

Hi

Have a look at this tutorial

Hope this helps
Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91460-adding-network-directory-library.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an AMD 906 MHz 384 Ram desktop thats running on XPHome SP2 and a Celeron 2.6 GHz 192 MB Ram (recently installed XPHome SP2) that are networked using a Linksys DSL router. I have a couple of questions that I need help with please:
1. The network connection is not longer visible... I've tried to ping the other machine without success.
2. I suspect that the Security settings are blocking the network. How do I reset those to allow the network connections?
3. I have been given a Linksys wireless Model WAP11 that I would like to add to the system. How do I do that and how can I ensure the security on the network when using the laptop wireless?

Thank you
Rim shot

A:Adding wireless laptop to network

I would setup the wireless without security first. after it works, add security settings. this page may help, http://www.chicagotech.net/wireless.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-wireless-laptop-to-network.365730/
Relevancy 44.72%

How do I go about making a computer on one network a part of another when it's not directly connected to it? Do I have to use an IP address somewhere?
What I'm really trying to do is connect to another computer of mine that's in a different part of town.
I've tried using PcAnywhere and Remote Desktop, but it can't connect to the computer......a full week of connection mayhem.

A:Adding Remote Computer to Network

Exactly how are you connected... wired, wireless? Cable? Satellite?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-remote-computer-to-network.81022/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have a wireless network which currently works Router Adding an existing network to fine but is limited in range I want to extend this upstairs where I also have a desktop with no wireless card The current network uses a Linksys wireless G - WRV G router I can use a Adding Router to an existing network laptop or desktop to connect to this with no problem wired or wireless apart from the limited range My second router is a Buffalo turbo G WHR-G S This is positioned in range of Adding Router to an existing network the other router and is connected via wire to desktop I have read various threads and searched the internet but haven t cracked the problem yet The IP address of router is with the DCHP range - Gateway to the modem So on router There is a switch on the router auto bridge it is now in bridge mode I have set the IP address to Channel is set to same as router I am unsure what to do further than this If it helps both desktops are running vista and both laptops XP pro Any help with this would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Currently I have two routers on Router Second/Third Adding Solved: Network on my network with one of Solved: Adding Second/Third Router on Network them being a wireless router I have a connection from my modem going into my linksys wireless router I have laptops connected wirelessly to that router I have a connection from the wireless router running through the floor to the basement and it is connected to the WAN port on a wired linksys router My desktop computer is connected to Solved: Adding Second/Third Router on Network the wired router The IP Address for my wireless router is The IP Address for my wired router is My desktop through the wired router connects to the internet just fine Here is where it gets different I have an old D-Link wireless router with a Solved: Adding Second/Third Router on Network built in print server I would like to add this to my network and have my printer plugged into it so that it is much easier to print to one printer from all the connected computers I tried just putting a connection from one of the LAN ports on the wired router to the WAN port on the D-Link and changing the IP address on the D-Link to I did this by plugging a connection from an LAN port on the D-Link to the NIC on my laptop I was unable to send a successful print job to the printer from any of the computers except from the laptop directly connected to the D-Link Beyond changing the IP address on the D-Link I did not change any other settings on that router and did not setup the wireless part of it because I don t want to connect to it wirelessly but maybe I have to Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I have an existing network using a hard wire. (I believe it is a cross over.)

I also have a Belkim wireless G router that I added to the system to allow for internet access. (I have a Mac witeless laptop that accesses the web.)

I now want to add Psykiapa's Toshiba laptop to the system. It runs Vista.

Our main computer is a PC running win98SE
The seondary PC is running Win XP. Neither has a wireless card.

What do I need to do to get her connected?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-wireless-laptop-to-the-network.559581/
Relevancy 44.72%

I cannot add a network printer to my Vista computer Using Add Printer in the Control Panel and clicking on Problem adding network printer Next after highlighting Adding a network wireless or Bluetooth printer a list of available network printers opens up including Problem adding network printer the one I wish to install Dell cnw Color Printer Selecting it and clicking Next a new window opens with a progress bar and a note saying Connecting to Dell cnw Color Printer I can see it is trying to connect but after a while it stops with the following message Windows cannot connect to the printer Operation could not be completed error x c On this Vista machine the printer appears as a network printer attached to a Windows computer The printer has also been installed successfully on an XP computer in my home network Novice Computer Solution offers a free download of a program to solve the problem but I don t feel sure if that would be safe to use Does anyone know about this program or have any other suggestion for solving the problem

A:Problem adding network printer

Is it actually hooked up to a Windows7 machine using a windows7 driver? I noticed my Epson printer did not like to be hooked to Windows7 and only liked to be connected to the Vista machine(they made no W7 driver for it. It printed locally fine but would not publish the driver over the network if hooked to W7.)

You might have better luck posting on the forum of the machine that actually has the printer, if it is hooked to W7.

In any case I found the driver download page if that's any help:

Drivers & Downloads

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/290693-problem-adding-network-printer.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Could anybody please help me how I can get to this dialogue in w7?

I need to add a virtual Network Adapter (Microsoft Loopback Adapter), but all I can do is to get to a "waiting for connected devices" dialogue... Is there any way to manually add some device in w7?

A:Adding virtual network adapter

Hi,
I think you can't do that in device manager anymore.
Instead, you might try this one: The DevCon command-line utility functions as an alternative to Device Manager

Simply download & unpack. Then open a command line in the i386 or ia64 folder of the tool. For your purpose running

Code:
devcon.exe install %windir%\inf\netloop.inf *msloop
should do the trick.
You should then see output similar to this:
Device node created. Install is complete when drivers are updated...
Updating drivers for *msloop from C:\WINDOWS\inf\netloop.inf.
Drivers updated successfully.

Now the adapter is ready to configure/use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/3156-adding-virtual-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Good Morning Folks This A Adding Desktop Network? To 98 Home question may be a little general for this site but here goes I have a small wireless home network set up with a wired desktop and a wireless notebook My ISP is Verizon DSL and both units Adding A 98 Desktop To Home Network? are XP Home My router is a D-Link DI- Ghz I have file and printer sharing enabled and have WPA security implemented MY son has just revived an old mhz Dell from the basement to play some old games that won t run on XP It runs SE and he would like to Adding A 98 Desktop To Home Network? add it to the Adding A 98 Desktop To Home Network? home network It appears that some current USB wireless adapters will work with Has anyone attempted this Will I be able to stick with WPA if I add a computer Can file and printer sharing be enabled I ve googled this most of the morning but can t quite find reliable answers I know this is a general question any help is appreciated Thanks Dave nbsp

A:Adding A 98 Desktop To Home Network?

That's kind of asking a lot but it might be worth investigating if wired is not an option. I'd be pretty sure about finding out if there are drivers specifically for Windows 98 and that they are reliable, because nothing will blue-screen Windows faster than unsupported wireless drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-98-desktop-to-home-network.662198/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am looking to configure a subnetwork that will consist of several serial to ethernet servers connected to wireless router. Once the network is configured, I need to attach it to existing networks, where IP address ranges and subnet masks are not available. Could you suggest what class of network (A, B or C) i need to configure and what is the best way to have a stable universal wireless network that can be attached and will work with most if not any existing network. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-subnet-to-existing-network.638635/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a wireless network at present comprising two PC s I want to add a third which up until now has Adding to network-sequence? existing not been connected to the internet Adding to existing network-sequence? at all To Adding to existing network-sequence? set up the existing wireless network I used the windows wireless network wizard with a flash drive set up from machine to machine then configured Adding to existing network-sequence? the firewall on each PC My question is should I do this first or set up the new addition on the internet first with just the router just to enable internet access Does it matter From my experience of computing matters generally once you do something in the wrong order it takes a long time to unravel the mess I can t remember which way around I did it on the last machine Also the third machine will be running on Wireless b with the other on wireless g Now I know the router will make the whole system run at the slower speed but will this only be when the third machine is online I presume there s no way it will make the whole network run slower when its switched off I have a spare wireless b dongle which i want to use for the time being until I can afford to replace it thanks for any suggestions nbsp

A:Adding to existing network-sequence?

I would first make the new computer work wirelessly through the router to connect to internet. A.t this point you know all 3 computers can connect to internet via router hence they are ready to talk to each other via the router

Then I would create a network of the 3 computers to do file and/or print sharing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-to-existing-network-sequence.572367/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am using a linksys wrt54gs as my router and am wanting to hook a buffalo wireless-g mimi performance broadband router and access point w/ high gain antenna. The problem I am having is that I cannot get the two devices to interact wirelessly. The linksys's ip is 192.168.1.1 and the buffalo is 192.168.1.100 with subnets of 255.255.255.0. I spent a lot of time trying to figure this out, but I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello guys

My situation, is that i have an XP and a Vista computer on a home network.
Can anybody tell me how to add a Third computer running windows 7.

A friend of mine linked them up a while ago, but this time i will print any instructions out for future freference.
I could go messing around, and have seen various ways of going about this, as people tell you to do different things, it probably all works the same in the end, but i would like just to follow some instructions and any advice that may be given......

So thats 2 computers already networked thats XP and Vista and just like to know How to network windows 7 with these two........

Windows 7 / home premium / 32 bit

Thanks for any replys in advance....

A:Adding a computer to a Home network

Carl606,
I would like to help, but I need to know a few more things about how your network is setup. You said "XP and a Vista computer on a home network", how do you have this setup? Are you using a router/switch? Did you setup Windows Networking and/or HomeGroups between the two machines? Are both machines in the same room and wired to the network or wireless?

If you already have a network, then just add the Windows 7 to the same "Workgroup" and you should be able to at least see the other machines from there.

The tricky part is sharing and then connecting to the other machines, especially connecting to the W7 box from XP.

If you can reply with some more info, I believe you will get an answer quickly.

cibertek
The Cibertek Blog

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/64606-adding-computer-home-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I m trying to network my home with tons of ports However since some of these ports are really hard to wire up and we re not so interested in having double or triple ports all over my question is this If I added a port in a room now which is then connected to a switch which is connected to a router which is then connected to a modem which is finally connected to the internet is it possible to later on connect yet another switch there Will there be any problems connecting to the internet or sharing files or printers etc from this switches home Adding network to new switch with other computers connected with the earlier switch configuration then would be switch-switch-router-modem No before suggesting it wireless networking is out since the port in question is going to be used for a media player and file transfer speed is top priority We re thinking that we might place another computer or two in the future These cables do not exceed m total length shouldn t be anything more than m All Adding switches to home network cables are CAT some Cat e not Cat or Cat e Right now with the switch-router-modem setup computers connected to both the switch can connect with computers connected to the router which has wireless and computers connected via wireless File printer sharing and internet is all without problem As I don t have a second switch yet and may not get one for awhile I would not be able to just connect it up and see if it works which is why I m posting for some help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Adding switches to home network

Right now, with the switch-router-modem setupClick to expand...

I usually draw it the other way round, but you're on the right track.

You can cable switch-switch-switch until you go dizzy OR you reach the connection
limit of your router (most home routers support a MAX of 10 concurrent connections).
You can also place a switch on EVERY port of the router and then switch-switch-switch again.

The control of your network is the ROUTER; a switch is a non-configurable device
and transparent to everything.

Heck; for a roommate, I even have
modem--routerA--switch--routerB​HOWEVER, systems attached to A can not see/share with those on B which is
what we want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-switches-to-home-network.106257/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi At my work im having new Problem computer with to network....? a adding trouble connecting another computer to the network The computer is xp as are the other we have a Problem with adding a new computer to network....? BT BusinessHub and also a Netgear router apparently they got Problem with adding a new computer to network....? the Netgear router because they ran out of ethernet ports on the BT BusinessHub There is a ethernet cable from the BT BusinessHub Problem with adding a new computer to network....? to the Netgear for the internet then the other computers are connected to the Netgear router The other day we got another ethernet cable and ran it from the computer to the BT BusinessHub as there is no room left on the Netgear one now but the computer doesnt seem to pick up any internet or even any network at all The internet isnt that important its the files we want to share mainly the external which is connected to one of the computers but the internet would also be a help I realise this probably seem real amature network for a workplace but with limited IT experiance they have just made done with what they can and although im not too bad with computers this has boggled me and it might be really simple nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi

My network at present consists of: SAR-600ER wired router, 2 pcs connected to the router. Both pcs can share printer, files and connect to the internet.

However my printer has been smashed by accident (tv fell off wall bracket) so I now need a new one and I am going to invest in a laptop.

So I need to introduce WAP into my wired network so that I can take advantage of the wireless function built into the laptop and also thought I would buy a printer with a wireless function. I am thinking of buying Netgear DG834G v4 wireless router but need help on setting up and making sure it is secure etc. Any advice would be much appreciated

JG

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a peer to peer network of about 5 PCs running win 98SE and a few assorted printers. They are connected by an ethernet network, and access the internet via a linksys DSL router. We were all happy campers until I added a new PC running XP home edition. At first it seemed to be OK since XP saw all the other PCs, then I took that network upgrade disc that XP makes and loaded it into all my PCs, and life really started getting complex.

Is there a good article someone can point me to that shows how to integrate an XP into a 98 PtoP network.

A:Adding a XP machine to a small 98 network

Howdy

Maybe this link will help

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/addxp.htm

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-xp-machine-to-a-small-98-network.70188/
Relevancy 44.72%

doesn't seem to be working. i just need to share files between the computers. it is a desktop with a d-link wireless card in it. it isn't showing any available networks to connect to, and i really don't know much else that i can try.

help me out!!
i know that the other computers are on a workgroup, how do i add the new one to that workgroup? and if i do that, will i get the internet connection as well?

Relevancy 44.72%

My main computer is a DELL running Windows 7. It is hard-wired to a BT hub and has an Epson printer connected via USB.

My last laptop, which has gone kaput, was a Samsung netpad running Windows 7 Starter and this connected to the printer no problem.

I have just bought an Apple MacBook Air and want to connect it to the printer but cannot get the network to recognise it. It is fully functional on the wi-fi network but just wont find or connect to either the main computer or the printer.

Any help out there please?

A:Adding Apple laptop to network

How do I make my printer on Windows 7 share with my mac?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144507-adding-apple-laptop-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I've got multiple problems trying to get a Win7 64 bit computer hooked up to a network printer.

Network printers are installed to a SBS2003 server and shared from there.
Add printer>Local>Local Port //sbs/printer name does not work: I get "Access denied"
Adding printer through the add printer wizard/searching for networked printers does not work (it either adds the printer but does not actually print anything or it can't find drivers.

The printer list also now shows various printers with "(Redirected 1)" next to their name (not sure how I did this?) and it wont let me remove them, "access denied"

Not sure where to go from here?

Thanks

A:Adding Printer to Win 7 64 from an SBS2003 Network

Print a Configuration page from the printer. If the printer has a static IP address listed then go to the work station, choose Add Printer/Local Printer/create a New Port/Standard TCP/IP/ type in the IP address from the config page. Browse for the driver. If the driver is not loaded, download it from the manufacturers site. After it installs, right click the printer, choose Print Test Page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/adding-printer-to-win-7-64-from-an-sbs2003-network-478108.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

Here's the situation:

Running Windows 2000 Pro, have 2 network card installed. The first network card I have installed is plugged into 2 other computers through a switch and is segmented from the entire network. The reason why I'm installing the second network card is to have Internet and printing purposes. Anyways, I installed the second nic and plugged the network cable into my other switch which is tied into my network. I entered in all my settings IP, Gateway, DNS, but when I try to access the internet can't get on. So to me it looks like it's looking at the default network card which isn't connected to the Internet. So how can I configure it to see the second network card for Internet etc. Any help would greatly appreciated.

A:Adding a second network card question

Suspect you are using the same network address on both network cards?

For example can't have one card 192.168.0.1 and the other 192.168.0.2.

10.0.0.1 on one and 192.168.0.1 on the other would be OK.

2 nics may not be what you need?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-second-network-card-question.353992/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone Not sure whether this is a Vista issue a domain issue or a printer issue but one things for sure is I'm close to tearing my hair out over this Basically each time I logon Windows keeps adding a network printer when it shouldn't be and I'm at a loss as to what's doing it Originally the printers were added using Print Management and GPOs but this PC is now identified as being in a different room yet it still continues to add the old rooms printer as well as the new rooms printer Bizzare I've tried the following all to no availRemoved the printer from Print Management Group policy Stopped the logon scripts from occurring at logon Deleted some registry stuff and driver stuff in system as per some web suggestion I stopped sharing that printer on the server I logged on to the local workstation as opposed to the domain And it still kept re adding the printer I've also re-imaged which worked until I ran the Post Image keeps printer Network adding logon at setup stuff computer renaming moving Network printer keeps adding at logon into the appropriate room OU etc and it was back but the post image setup never deals with the printer and of course if it did it wouldn't add the printer from another room It's not really a big deal in the grand Network printer keeps adding at logon scheme of things but I find it frustrating when things like this happen and I've got no idea why Any ideas Also apologies if this is in the wrong category I wasn't sure where it should go

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-printer-keeps-adding-at-logon-200452.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi i have a brand new laptop i need to added to my wirless network, it has detected it on the laptop yet when i click connect it says that it is "unable to connect it may longer be available please refresh and try again"

i have added the mac address via the routers IP address
i have entered the WEP key into the laptop settings correct. i just dont know why it wont connect?

any help please?

Relevancy 44.72%

I to Card Network Desktop? Adding ve now got a Verizon MiFi unit and I would like to have my desktop be able to connect wirelessly to it Currently I have to plug it into the desktop via USB but when doing that it no longer will Adding Network Card to Desktop? broadcast a wireless signal since Adding Network Card to Desktop? using it with a USB is for greater security and Adding Network Card to Desktop? therefore my daughter and son can t use the laptop and iPod Now I m guessing that I ll need a particular network card that would be compatible with my computer My computer is a custom built one not a brand name Below are the computer specs from the TSG system info utility Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce LE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI MS- To be filled by O E M Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Any suggestions Need any other info I have SIW so I can get pretty much any info on the system that anyone needs nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I purchased the HP Photosmart 5510 wireless printer yesterday and I have been unable to add it to my wireless network.

I have gone through the wizard setup on the printer itself and was able to find and log on to the wireless network. The printer indicates I am connected, but when I attempt to complete the software installation on the computer, it stalls during the checking network environment and does not complete. I have tried going through the add a printer process, but it hangs during the searching for network printer check. I do not have a firewall running that would prevent its detection.

I was able to add the printer using a USB cable, but I need it to be wireless and not located next to the Dell.

Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-wireless-hp-printer-to-my-network.1041761/
Relevancy 44.72%

I only have this problem with Win Pro x regardless of the version build numbers After making a few connections to my network location that I add in this case a WebDAV file server for school I use Windows will eventually decide that the Adding Fails Locations Network Always location doesn't exist anymore If I remove the drive and add it again via quot Add a Network Location quot no matter what address I enter the location quot doesn't exist quot The wizard will start I give it an address and after a few moments it tells me it Adding Network Locations Always Fails cannot find the drive while the Windows Security box's bar is still moving from left to right trying to connect If I use a third-party program it will work at first like above but after I connect so many times after system shut downs these programs will eventually stop working too but they at least retain a cache so I can view my drive offline this is because Windows Explorer decides again the location doesn't exist If I decide to boot via my Win install it works as I would expect it to I've done everything I can think of to rule it out including Disable AV suiteMake sure networking related services are runningUse DMZ on router briefly to rule it outUsing Windows TroubleshooterDisable firewall Interesting enough this is a relatively clean install My first Win install had huge problems with the v update so I formatted and installed Win v This problem exactly the same occurred with my first install too eventually just ceasing to work like now At this point I'm lost and don't know if this can be fixed or if this is another problem to add to the list of quot Windows killed networking in general quot Here's a CBS log if anyone is curious but fixing with an install wim repair doesn't change it nor does it probably help that I change my login background which I know also makes the system find errors It'd be great if this is something that can be fixed

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32972-adding-network-locations-always-fails.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a 3 XP PC network. I want to add a Vista pc. The linksys wireless network is secure. I cannot get the Vista pc to see the XP PC network and vice versa. I need to share files and printers just like when I took off the computer I'm replacing. I gave the vista pc my workgroug name and it says its connected. Stepping back, When I first fired up the vista it did connect through the router straight to the internet. It just won't recognize the network at the router. i've tried all the help stuff. It supposed to be set-up corretly.

A:Solved: Adding vista PC to a XP network

See if this helps: PC Chuck's Windows XP And Vista On The LAN Together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adding-vista-pc-to-a-xp-network.739874/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi

When I attempt to add one of my websites (Request Rejected) to network locations -
i receive an error. Depending upon how i attempt to do it I either get
"network address can not be found"
or
"invalid, may be password protected, of may contain a \ or /"

one old program I use is frontpage
if I select "open site" - I get an error using the website url

other than telling me not to use FrontPage - are there any ideas?

I used to (pre-windows 8) be able to add a website as a network location.
windows 10 still has the option.
but it does not seem to work

thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/50578-adding-website-network-locations.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I have a Cable DSL connection at home and my TrendNet router was adding to network a the Problem with router second connected to the cable modem I had three computers in a wired local area network Recently I bought a Toshiba notebook and a Belkin Wireless G router Since Problem with adding a second router to the network two computers are desktop and other two are notebook I want to add the router to the local area network in such way that all of them remain in the same network I because of the file and printer sharing and I want my notebooks to be able to connect to the router using wireless connection I spent two days trying to setup the local network but I never managed to configure it the way I want it to be Two scenarios happened In the first scenario my desktop computers had xxx addresses and my notebooks had some strange address and subnet when connected using wireless and they couldn t use neither local network nor internet When I connected them to the router using wire they also had the xxx address and worked fine In the second scenario I managed to connect my notebooks to the router using wireless connection but in that case they had the xxx addresses and cannot see my two desktop computers as a part of the Windows network Ping works fine and I can access desktop computers using xxx from the Run dialog But none of the desktop computers could either ping or access any of the notebooks Can anyone help me solve the problem Thank you in advance Tufahija nbsp

A:Problem with adding a second router to the network

OK, just to confirm, your using your TrendNet router AND your Belkin wireless router?

Assuming both are for DSL connections, is there any reason why you need to use two routers?

If your TrendNet router isn't wireless, then remove it completely, and use the Belkin one that is.

If you must use both, then you need to configure the Belkin router as a wireless access point and network switch only, and disable DHCP and UPNP in that router.

So the following should see you sorted:

1. connect the Belkin router to your TrendNet one via ethernet cable.
2. Do a hard reset of your Belkin router (so you have a clean base to set it up)
3. Log into the router, and then disable DHCP
4. Disable UPNP.
5. Set up wireless as usual.

This is usually enough to setup a router as an access point. Some models need slightly different procedures though. You do NOT want DHCP or UPNP enabled on the Belkin router though. You want your TrendNet router to assign IP addresses from its IP address pool to devices connected to your Belkin router by either wired, or wireless connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-adding-a-second-router-to-the-network.147762/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a new workstation installed and added a printer to it. No problem printer works on direct connected workstation.

I try to add the printer to another workstation as a network printer and I get the dreaded

Windows cannot connect to the printer. Either printer name was typed incorrectly or the specified printer lost it's connection to the server.

I used the add printer wizard and searched entire network and found the printer and added that way. No printer name was typed.

The local PC the printer is added to is a Windows XP Pro machine.

The machines I am trying to add the printer as a network printer are both XP pro and Windows 2000.

I have tried removing the printer and reinstalling with same result.

I was using the user account to install, but even with the domain admin account it does not work.

Any suggestions?

A:adding network printer problem

Maybe some more information would help. The printer is an HP deskjet 6940. It is connected to the client PC using the USB connection. The client pc is running XP. Local printing works fine.

The firewall is off on the client PC. When searching the network for network printers this printer shows up. When trying to add it on another clent, it comes up with error message.

Has anyone had a successful instal of a 6940 as a local printer that is shared?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-network-printer-problem.613293/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently obtained a Samsung CLX FW color laser printer The following network a printer, adding wireless is a window copy of the TSG SysInfo of my computer as a starting point The printer is suppose to be wireless but I can t get it to hook up to my network I have contacted Samsung and have done everything they could think of but no luck I took adding a network printer, wireless it to another location and another router it made the wireless connection with no difficulties So what do I do Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G adding a network printer, wireless Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A -E Rev xx MS C B Antivirus System Shield Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Okay, 1st of all I know next to nothing about Apples, but here goes. I have someone with a Linksys WRT54GC router on their network. She would like to be able to hop on with her Apple. It is running Mac OS 9.2.1 and Airport v. 1.3.1. I've not attempted to add an Apple to a network before. I did go into the area where you add networks and found the router. It saw the router, but it kept going back & forth between getting "status update" to "no status update." I'm not at that site, but if anyone has any tips on what I should be looking for/doing, I'd appreciate it. If you need to know something else about the Apple, please be specific on where to find the info as I don't know my way around them much at all. I just hunt & click. Thanks so much.

A:Adding a IBook to a Wireless network

I take it i'm not the only one who knows next to nothing about Apples?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-ibook-to-a-wireless-network.577276/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am using a Windows XP Pro PC as a server/router in my LAN setup. I have an ADSL connection which requires a username and password. I created the appropriate network connection (profile). I know how to put it in the Start Up folder but that means that some user (admin) would have to log-in every time after a reboot. Is there a way to make that network connection profile a system service which would start-up automatically after the PC rebooted without any user having to log-in ? Thanks.

A:Adding a network connection as a system service

No, I don't think so. You could have it auto-login for you, but that's probably not what you are looking for. You also would have been much better off installing Windows 2000 Advanced Server, or better yet, a Linux OS to run as your server...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-network-connection-as-a-system-service.4152/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello nbsp I am trying to add a local user permission to a network folder and I cannot get window to choose the correct scope WinXp handles this like a charm I go start run computername share I right click on the folder in question and choose security I then choose edit and then add I am going to change quot From this location quot from the domain to the remote computername I then type network local a to a user Adding share. the name of the local user that I would like to add Click ok I end up with the quot name not found window quot In the security window if I choose advance and click find I end up finding only the quot Built-in quot security names I get around this by using XP but my xp days are numbers are I have been told I have to give up that machine Win seems to always be stuck on searching for domain names rather than changing the scope to the local names nbsp hours and hours of searching returns random noise articles about how to set security on folders nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8c44ad35-0d7d-4b4a-99f8-6f5735c42a30/adding-a-local-user-to-a-network-share?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 44.29%

Equipment: CIsco PIX501 Firewall router & Netgear wireless router

Situation: Everything at my company is connected on the LAN via wires. I would like to set it up so that the wireless router is on the same network as everything else so the portable devices can share the same resources on the wired connection. How can I achieve this?

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi

I am having difficulties added a vista os laptop to my current Win2K / XP network.

The laptop shows up on my 2Wire router home network (both LAN and Wireless) and in Computer Near Me on my Win2K PC. However I cant access the network from the Vista laptop. I cant connect to, or locate the network printers, on the other two PC's. I also cant access any shared folders i have set up on the other two PC's.

I have configured Zone Alarm on the Win2K to trust the wireless and LAN IP addresses.

The laptop and two PC's are in a MSHOME workgroup.

What am i doing wrong.

Thanks

A:Adding a Vista Laptop to an existing network

Take a look at PC Chuck's Windows XP And Vista On The LAN Together. Also, the information in File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista may help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-vista-laptop-to-an-existing-network.739779/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a desktop computer using Windows Vista set up with a Motorola high speed DSL modem - and a Linksys WRT N router This computer is working okay as is the wireless network I am trying to add another wired desktop running Windows XP but neither computer detects the other I have connected it to the router and checked the cable to ensure that it is good I checked the IP address of the computer running XP and it is outside the IP range set by the router I tried to make it obtain an IP address but it couldn t DHCP is enabled on both computers I made sure that both computers had the same workgroup name WORKGROUP I am pretty certain the solution is simple but this is the first network I have ever configured Any help would be greatly appreciated Here is my system information Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard eMachines MCP PM-GM OEM Antivirus Trend Micro Internet Security Pro Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Adding a wired computer to a mixed network

Please show for those two PCs ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following commands:

nbtstat -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-wired-computer-to-a-mixed-network.1000574/
Relevancy 44.29%

Firstly I appreciate that the PC's in this scenario are running Windows XP but this is fairdinkum to only place I trust for the correct information Basically I want to set up a latop Network existing Wireless Adding Laptop to a in a small Adding a Laptop to existing Wireless Network business same as if it was at home I presume to share an internet connection with an existing Wireless network The current set up is Adding a Laptop to existing Wireless Network a destop PC running XP ADSL line running to a wireless router Wincomm destop connected by cable to router Laptop upstairs connected wirelessly to this set up I have an XP Laptop for it I bought a rather cheap USB Netgear Wireless G USB Adaptor WG v I can pickup lots of secured and unsecured routers but not the one as described above I know what the workgroup name is Basically I have forgotten how to set up XP gee I can do it if it was vista My gut feeling is I have the wrong Wireless Adaptor for the third XP Laptop I'm not sure if I really want to join the network as such as the XP laptop I want to add has shared folders for when the XP comes home and connect it to the home network What are my options Thanks for your help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/207396-adding-laptop-existing-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I received an error msg after attemping to add a network printer via the Add Printer Wizard using the Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard. After entering the IP & clicking next Explorer freezes/locks-up and generates an Explorer.exe Application error, followed by drwtsn32.exe Application Error - ...unknown software exception (0xc0000409...at location 0x59a7295d.

A:Explorer.exe Crash when adding network printer

Let's try this.Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377328/explorerexe-crash-when-adding-network-printer/
Relevancy 44.29%

hello...i'm trying to add a notebook to my wireless connection. I've entered the wep key and the icon in the tray says it's "connected" and the signal strength is excellent. However, when I look at the network connection, the icon says "enabled"...not "connected." If I start my browser, it says the page is unavailable offline and yadayada. What am I doing wrong and how do I connect it to my wireless network?

Thanks!

js

A:adding notebook to wireless network problem

I'd start by turning off WEP on the router as a test and make sure everything else is configured correctly. The most common cause of a failure to connect with WEP is a mis-matched key. Use ONLY the hex key entry, don't use the ASCII passcode option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-notebook-to-wireless-network-problem.386453/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Friends,

I have a win xp system which connects to internal network & Internet.
The problem I have is, for each work i need to change the IP address.

Ex: For internal network the ip should be 192.168.0.1
To connect to internet the ip should be 192.168.1.1

Now I want to be connected to both internal network as well as internet at the same time. So what should I do ?

* I can not add another physical network card.
* I can not change the IP's of any other system or config servers etc... (as it is used by our internal application, doing so will make a mess.)
* I have the admin rights so any software changes to my system can be done.

So i was hoping to add a virtual network card, and configure it to the new IP. So can that be done ? if so how ?

Thanks
MiniEinstein

A:Adding virtual network card and assiging IP

Moving thread to the networking forum for better results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/adding-virtual-network-card-and-assiging-ip-664159.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a current network system including 1 desktop and 1 laptop. The desktop is Windows XP an the laptop is Vista. I am trying to add another laptop which is using windows XP. I am totally computer illiterate and had a company set up my existing network. The response I am getting when trying to add the new laptop is it dosen't have a valid IP address. When I type in Start- Run- CMD and type IPconfig/all, the ipaddress it shows is 0.0.0.0. It does have a physical address but I don't know what any of this means. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 44.29%

I'm just wondering what is going on here, why does firefox and the script I have for mirc confirm I'm dling at about the same speed, but Windows task manager says I'm using 19% of the connection speed.

Sorry abotu the crap quality of the image (had to make it less than 100KB in size), the speed shown in mirc says 5.55kb/sec in case you couldn't read it.

A:Apparent network connection speeds not adding up

What you see in firefox and MIRC (although the darkengine script is not always accurate) is the actual amount of data for that particular file that is being downloaded. So, you are getting "whatever"kb/s of that file.

Windows network monitoring however is total. This includes any other traffic, such as the data transmitted between your IRC client and the server, any pings or other such data being transmitted, as well as the overhead for all the above mentioned. Even that 5.5kb/s swells dramatically when you factor in TCP/IP overhead. You can usually assume 10% overhead for TCP transmissions, much more so if you are experiencing packet loss. At 19% of 48kbp/s, that's a little over 9kbp/s, which is well in line if you factor in all the other traffic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apparent-network-connection-speeds-not-adding-up.16328/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good afternoon.

I have a Windows Network with a Wireless-G router connected to a cable modem. The router and modem are located in a second story room.

The apple computer is in the basement.

I've purchased the range extenders as I wasn't getting good reception in the basement. Installed them on the router today.

Problem is the imac doesn't see my network at all. It sees my neighbor's wireless network, but not mine.

I set up the wireless network settings on the router today with a network key, but when I try to use it on a "Preferred Network" on the IMAC, I get an invalid password. Weird, since I have the password printed out and in my hand. I've retyped it 10 times, it's not on caplock...

Just don't get why I can't connect.

A:Adding an Apple IMAC G5 to a Windows Network

Is the Wireless card in your Imac capable of 802.11G? Are you using WEP or WPA? Is the card capable of WPA?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-an-apple-imac-g5-to-a-windows-network.480419/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am running a windows xp pc and wii and both connect to the wireless network fine. However i cannot get my new vista laptop connected. The laptop is seeing the router and signal strength is excellent. It just wont connect to the net. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

I have the following setup, which works fine:
Broadband cable comes in and connects to a cable modem. Connected to the cable modem is a wired router, which can accept 4 ethernet cables. I have 2 desktop computers connected to the router; 2 ports are vacant. These computers do not have wireless cards.

I also have a laptop, with a wireless card. I want to use the laptop throughout the house. I just inherited a D-Link DI-524 wireless router. Will the wireless router work if I connect it to one of the vacant ports on the wired router, rather than directly to the cable modem?

Relevancy 44.29%

Almighty forum, I come in need of help!

I'm a student in Sixth Form, and it's my job to organise the theatre tech, and we're trying to get our own wireless network for our kit.

We have a wireless router, (Dlink DI-524, a couple of years old, and all the cables), and I have a basic knowledge of networking, such as DHCP servers and so on, but I don't know how to set it up. We have a working LAN port, so access isn't a problem. And we know the server address. As much as we'd like the IT dept. to do it, or to at least tell us how, they're unbelievably lazy and won't do either.

So, could someone offer some help and instruction for me? If any more info is needed, I'll get it.

Thanks in advance!

A:Adding a wireless access point to a network?

do you have there permission (IT dept) to do this
put a PC onto the working LAN port and post an ipconfig /all
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-wireless-access-point-to-a-network.1086374/
Relevancy 44.29%

Is there a way to add networked printers at the computer level (e.g. globally across all user accounts that ever log onto the machine)?

As far as I know the only way to add printers is on a per-user basis.

A:Computer-wide adding network printers

Quote: Originally Posted by Firestrider

Is there a way to add networked printers at the computer level (e.g. globally across all user accounts that ever log onto the machine)?

As far as I know the only way to add printers is on a per-user basis.

Simply share the printer on the network....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/75789-computer-wide-adding-network-printers.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have two PC's that are hard wired into a network using a cross over cable. I do use a wireless router to access the net for a MAC.

I now want to add a laptop PC. If I add a wireless card to one of my PC's will it hook up to the network?

A:Adding a wireless laptop to a wired network.

I'm not sure how the crossover cable enters into the mix, why aren't those machines connected to the router? Since you have a wireless router and you have a MAC connecting through it, you should be able to use it with the laptop as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-wireless-laptop-to-a-wired-network.562183/
Relevancy 44.29%

Would like to add folders under mapped drives to be indexed for searching if possible. I tried the hotfix under kb2268596 but it tells me that the update is not applicable to your computer. Anyone else try this hotfix with any success? Is there any other
way to add locations to the index locations?

Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1f7fd500-306f-4182-b807-fd826aed9938/adding-network-folders-to-the-indexer-on-win7sp1?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to help a friend add wireless to his business Currently he has an -port non wireless router of those ports are taken up and one port is free Iwas going to run a ethernet cable to a tp-link tp-WR N wireless router that I have The Linksys gives out an ip range from - So I have given the network wireless adding existing device a to an Help tp-link and IP address of and I have turned off DHCP on the tp-link I was unable to connect anything wireless From talking to friends and doing a little bit of reading it sounds like the tp-link wont work in this situation I am thinking about buying an wireless access Help adding a wireless device to an existing network point to do the job Does this sound like the right thing for me to do Here is an access point that I was looking at http www amazon com Cisco-Linksys- amp sr - Do you think this will be ok for what I need Any advise or help you could provide would be greatly appriciated Thanks Senna nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I have a high speed cable ISP. My home is wired with cat 5 cable operating from a wired modem. I would like to put a computer in a place that isn't wired, but I would like to keep the wired connections operating. Does anybody know if you can add a wireless router to an existing wired system and how to accomplish this?

A:Adding Wireless to an existing wired network

You can do this 3 ways. 1) Buy a WAP and hook it up to the existing router at any point it can even use your prexisting cat 5 wiring as a piggy back if you want it in another room closrt to your wireless PC/laptop/or periphrial you want wireless. This effectively gives you a wireless beacon on your wired network. 2) The other way you can do it is buy a wireless router and replace your wired router. 3) You can buy a wireless router and disable all router functions such as DHCP and whatnot and hook it up to your existing lan cabling using one of the internal 1-4 ports not the WAN port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-wireless-to-an-existing-wired-network.437691/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

I have a network that has a broadband cisco router and checkpoint firewall that I cannot touch. It was set up by our dept of Education, and has to be left alone. But one of the teachers has asked me to set up wifi access for the network.

I have set up a wireless access point D-link DWL-G700AP , and I can configure this assign IP addresses on the network, BUT I have to manually set the DNS and the gateway on the clients manually. The whole idea is to make this oblivious to the user.

Is there any device that I can get to act as a DHCP relay, to forward the DHCP broadcasts to the checkpoint firewall, i.e. so that both wired and wireless clients get their IP address, gateway and DNS servers from the checkpoint firewall.

thanks,
Jonathan

Relevancy 44.29%

Alright, so I'm very confused right now.

In a nutshell, I formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows XP. After reinstalling the majority of my drivers, I can't get a connection to the internet, which brings me to realize that my network adapter driver isn't installed.

I did a bit more looking around. My motherboard is an Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus (official site for the mobo is here). NVidia's NForce driver doesn't work, but on the official Asus site that I supplied above, there is a Win2003 driver underneath the LAN category (which can most likely still be used with WinXP).

Problem is, installing the Win2003 driver means I have to add the OEM Network Adapter to the RIS Image. Even with the instructions supplied, I have no idea how to do this. Can someone either explain to me step-by-step on how to? I really, really, REALLY need urgent help with this.

These are the instructions Microsoft supplies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/urgent-need-help-adding-an-oem-network-adapter-to-an-ris-image-253174.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey everyone this is my first post on the techguy forums... I work for a small business and we have a network containing 6 locations within about 75 yards of each other and within 3 buildings. I didn't do any of the networking except hooking up 1 vista computer ot the current network. I just got dragged into the equation because it's what I'm in school for. Right now there is 2 vista OS and 4 XP OS I believe. I have the network all hooked up, but I can't seem to transfer any files between computers... The two computers I am trying to transfer is XP and a Vista. The error message comes up as

"Cannot copy (whatever the file name is): Access Denied
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use."

This is where I want to start on this problem. Thanks all!

A:Adding and maintaining Wireless/Wired network

Try this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-and-maintaining-wireless-wired-network.729261/
Relevancy 44.29%

hello, ill explain the scene. i have two computers, both running XP, now dad has a work laptop, and we need to network it at home, that is running windows ME. im not to familia with windows me, so i need help adding it to the network, ive tried the network setup disk which we made, but i keep thinking maybe its because i have set the network up correctly in the first place. ive tried pinging the router from the laptop but it just times out... nothing seems to be working is there anything i could try or anyone that actually knows what to do...

be verry appreciated

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi!
I am trying to connect my windows 10 notebook business network where I have a domain called clinlife but everytime I hit ok I get a message "An Active Directory Domain Controller( AD DC) for the domain Clinlife could not be contacted."

What can I do to add this laptop to my network?

thank you

A:Problem adding windows 10 laptop to a network

Welcome to the forum. When adding don't give the name use its IP NetBIOS isn't resolving the DC name

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62257-problem-adding-windows-10-laptop-network.html