Windows Support Forum

connect wired computer to wireless network..

Q: connect wired computer to wireless network..

Okay I recently purchased a new laptop and a Linksys WRT160N router to go with it, and I have my old computer wired to it via ethernet cable. My laptop, obviously, is connected via wireless network. How do I get the 2 computers to be visible to each other for if i want to use shared files, printers, etc? The laptop uses Windows Vista SP1 and the old computer uses Windows XP SP3.. So how do I put them on the same network or however, without turning the wired computer into a wireless one?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: connect wired computer to wireless network..

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I have a question.
I have windows XP mode installed on Windows 7 Enterprise and running Windows XP ofcorce. I need to connect my laptop to wired network and in some time to connect wireless for XP mode using. What I mean : I want to use wired internet for my Windows 7 and in same time wireless network for windows XP in XP mode that is running. This I need because those two windows need to be connected in different networks.
Is this possible and how ?
Thank you.

A:wireless and wired network connect simultaneously?

Quote: Originally Posted by topche

Hello I have a question.
I have windows XP mode installed on Windows 7 Enterprise and running Windows XP ofcorce. I need to connect my laptop to wired network and in some time to connect wireless for XP mode using. What I mean : I want to use wired internet for my Windows 7 and in same time wireless network for windows XP in XP mode that is running. This I need because those two windows need to be connected in different networks.
Is this possible and how ?
Thank you.

From what I have read about this, it can't be done when both NIC's are on the same subnet or network. You can change back and forth by enabling or disabling the connections in "change adaptor settings".

If you want to use both connections at the same time you would need to have them on different subnets.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/230177-wireless-wired-network-connect-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Okay, so I've got a new laptop. Its an ASUS G50VT 2.3 dual core. I'm running vista home premium. I can connect to wireless networks no problem, but for some reason, I can't get onto the net using a direct cable. I've gone through the network wizard and am still having problems. As far as I know, the cord is good (I tested it using my other PC) and haven't had any problems getting on otherwise.

Any input would be appreciated. Trying to increase my bandwidth as much as possible.

Thanks!
Cory
Portland, OR

A:Can't connect to wired network (but can get on wireless no prob)

Hi Cory.

Is the modem newer than the laptop?

Its always good to check the ASUS website for new internet drivers.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297388-cant-connect-wired-network-but-can-get-wireless-no-prob.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Everyone I have a HP Officejet A All-in-One Printer which is capable of connecting to the network but has no wireless function I connected it to my wireless router via RJ- and I want to acces it from my laptops via Wireless on the router At the moment the HP Software can t detect the printer on the network on the laptops and hence I can t use the scan functionality I can however use the XP s quot Add Printer quot function to add the printer and it prints perfectly Connect wireless wired all-in-one to printer network I have no issues on wired computers connected to the same router The HP software on those computers can Connect all-in-one wired printer to wireless network detect the printer and I can use all Connect all-in-one wired printer to wireless network of its functionality The laptops are windows XP and the two wired computers are XP and Win The printer and computers are all connected to the same wireless capable router I tried ping on the laptops and I din t get any timeout error The firewalls are all disabled Does anyone have a solution to this problem It is a brand new printer Thanks nbsp

A:Connect all-in-one wired printer to wireless network

this can be done - - WITH CARE.

First issue is to understand what your LAN looks like and what the DHCP range setting is;

get a command prompt (start->run->cmd)
enter IPCONFIG /ALL
the Gateway address will be that of your router; eg 192.168.x.y
assuming you've not changed the default settings,
the X will be different for the make of your router, but typically it is 0 or 1.
the y is almost always 1, but I've seen a few at 254.

To get your A-I-O on that network (and to keep it there), you need to make sure that
the address of the printer [ the y number ]
is not within the router's DHCP range.
Again with bold assumptions, if the router is at 192.168.0.1, then the DHCP range must be from 2 to xyz. I've also seen it from 100-150, so we need to access the router configuration using your browser.

please follow-up with the make and model number of your router so I can tailor the instructions for you ....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-all-in-one-wired-printer-to-wireless-network.165830/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a dell desktop running windows vista that connects to my wireless router with a cable I have an HP laptop that is running windows that is wireless When I look at network computers on the dell I cannot and with wireless same network wired the computers to connect get an error message that says that the computer is not accessible The same thing happens when I try to log onto the desktop from cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers the laptop When I try to run the network wizard from the desktop I see see connect to the internet connect to a wireless router or access point setup a dialup connection and connect to a workplace None of them make sense cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers but I tried connect to a wireless router and got a message that said to cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers set it up manually or set up a flash drive neither of which makes sense I tried set it up manually and all that happened is the router setup screen opened up I tried the same thing on the laptop and the setup the network wizard opened a screen that said choose a wireless router or access point to configure but nothing ever showed up on that screen I hate to knock windows but this all seems unnecessairly complicated It can t be that odd to have wired and wireless computers on the same network nbsp

A:cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers

sorry, not clear if your issue is connecting those pcs to the internet or if you are trying to share the computers across your network

do both pcs work on the internet OK ?

if sharing
Here’s how you can get your Windows 7 PC to share printers and files with XP and Vista PCs--and even a Mac
http://www.pcworld.com/article/184232/set_up_your_home_network_windows_7_edition.html
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12246/share-a-printer-on-your-network-from-vista-or-xp-to-windows-7/

Share files between windows 7 and vista
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/9040/how-to-share-files-and-printers-between-windows-7-and-vista/

Here’s how you can get your Windows 7 PC to share printers and files with XP and Vista PCs--and even a Mac.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/184232/set_up_your_home_network_windows_7_edition.html

Complete Guide to Networking Windows 7 with XP and Vista
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15247/complete-guide-to-networking-windows-7-with-xp-and-vista/

if you are trying to get on the internet
can we see an ipconfig /all from both pcs - make sure we know which is which
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-the-same-network-with-wired-and-wireless-computers.1075184/
Relevancy 79.55%

All of my wireless devices are able to connect to my wifi but my desktop computer which is a wired connection gives me Error 1068: Dependency service or group failed to start.

In ipconfig/all I show: IP routing enabled:no wins proxy enabled: no and the default gateway address is blank.

I have Windows 7 64x and my ISP is AT&T Uverse and they say my gateway should be plug and play.

I saw this post http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1053204-wins-proxy-ip-routing-not.html and I tried everything listed but no luck.

I also tried everything that was detailed in the following post : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...pendency/7963d72a-5d73-44fe-8316-058c46235737 (Yes I did backup the registry first)

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

Relevancy 78.69%

My computer is a bit Win SP with Pentium Dual Core Ghz and Gb of Ram on a wired network My wife has a Cannot Network from Computer Wired Network Ping a on Wireless similar system using a wireless network She can ping my IP Address but I cannot ping hers We both have full access to the Internet We are using the same workgroup and both computers have file and printer sharing enabled and IPv addresses and DNS server addresses selected automatically The problem appears to be with my computer but I don t know how to solve it Please help Here are my system stats Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Cannot Ping Computer on a Wireless Network from Wired Network Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P G -M LE Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Can anyone help me network my two home computers?

One is connected to a wireless network through a router; the other is connected to the router via ethernet cable (its wireless adapter isn't working; that's a problem for another thread!)

The laptop's network has a different name from the wireless network. How can I get them on the same network without having to hardwire the first computer or buy a new wireless card for the second?

Both are running Windows 7. Should be easy but I'm stumped.

A:Home network: one wired computer, one wireless

Well, if you want both to eventually be hooked up wirelessly, then I'd suggest that we attempt to fix the other computer's "wireless issue" first. But if you don't want to do that, then here are the steps I'd suggest for now:

Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type network, and then click Network and Sharing Center.
Click Set up a new connection or network.
Click Set up a new network, and then click Next.
The wizard will walk you through creating a network name and a security key. If your router will support it, the wizard will default to Wi‑Fi Protected Access (WPA or WPA2) security. We recommend that you use WPA2, if possible, because it offers better security than WPA or Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) security. With WPA2 or WPA you can also use a passphrase, so you don’t have to remember a cryptic sequence of letters and numbers.

To connect your laptop or desktop computer to your wireless network, follow these steps:
Open Connect to a Network by right-clicking the network icon ( or ) in the notification area.
In the list of networks, click the network that you want to connect to, and then click Connect.
Enter the security key. You can either type in the key or insert a USB flash drive that contains the security key into a USB port on the computer.
NOTE: YOU WILL HAVE TO DISCONNECT FROM YOUR CURRENT CONNECTION IN ORDER TO SET UP A NEW ONE. ONCE YOU'VE DONE THIS, THE SETUP SHOULD BE RELATIVELY STRAIGHT FORWARD.

If you have any questions or need more assistance in setting up a new wireless connection, let us know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-one-wired-computer-one-wireless.928623/
Relevancy 76.54%

OK so upgrading my parent s wireless They have cable wired computers one wireless laptop I put in an older Linksys flashed to Tomato but it is pretty slow compared to the newer wireless standards Going to get them a new wireless router like the one I have I have one wired one wireless same cable company for internet My laptop gets around down up my desktop around down up using SpeedOf Me to test At Computer Is Wired Setting And One Network, Slow Very Wireless Up the folks one wired computer gets very similar to mine the other wired one gets down up all Mbps The one in question has a latency of over while even my iPhone has latency So long story short Setting Up Wired And Wireless Network, One Computer Is Very Slow what usually causes such high latency Will replace the wireless router at their house Tuesday and of course test the cables but their laptop is way faster on the wireless router than the wired one is So I don t suspect an issue with the Cat Never seen upload higher than download Weird nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/setting-up-wired-and-wireless-network-one-computer-is-very-slow.308024/
Relevancy 75.68%

I recently replaced my wireless router and Bellsouth computer see -cannot wireless doesn't network Wired computers on join DSL modem with a single Netgear DGN DSL modem wireless router The problem is my desktop which is wired cannot see the laptop computers that are on the network via wireless connection If I start a homegroup with one of the laptops the other laptop can join but my desktop cannot no quot join now quot option If I start a homegroup with my wired desktop neither laptop sees it However if I connect my desktop to the network using my USB wireless adapter then I can establish a Wired computer doesn't see wireless computers on network -cannot join homegroup with either a laptop or the desktop with no problem I have checked that IPv is enabled and that all the services listed in other posts are enabled I'm fairly certain the cause is some setting in my router security but I don't see anything that would prevent my Wired computer doesn't see wireless computers on network -cannot join desktop from linking I can also get on the internet with no problem Please help

A:Wired computer doesn't see wireless computers on network -cannot join

check your firewall settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211133-wired-computer-doesnt-see-wireless-computers-network-cannot-join.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

My laptop can't connect to my router, everyone else can but mine just wont connect. It has connected to the internet through the router a couple of times but it will only last for a minute or so and then the connection would be lost.

I have a windows XP laptop, my router is a Netgear Wireless-G Router WGR614 v9, and is connected to a modem.

My wireless card detects the connection but it just can't connect to it. When I tried to set up the router using the provided installation CD, it detected said that the modem wasn't being detected.

I appreciate any help I can get on this!

A:Laptop can't connect to wireless router (hard-wired or wireless neither)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-connect-to-wireless-router-hard-wired-or-wireless-neither.897535/
Relevancy 69.23%

In my room I have a router and my laptop, and in another room I have a computer and a wireless router.

The computer doesnt connect to the network or the internet properly. I have to manually connect it and when it does, it disconnects after 5 minutes. The icons in the try dont even indicate that the computer is connect to anything.

A:Cant get computer to connect to wireless network

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-computer-to-connect-to-wireless-network.801209/
Relevancy 69.23%

Yesterday I tried connecting to the internet on my other laptop but it did not connect.I clicked connect to a network and click the network and then connect but did not connect. I'm kinda new to this so try to give instructions that are easier to follow.My computer is a Windows Vista.

- Relick

A:Computer won't connect to my wireless network

Hi and welcome to TSG try here http://www.ehow.com/how_2056386_connect-windows-vista-home-network.html and this http://www.watchingthenet.com/windows-vista-tip-how-to-setup-and-connect-to-a-wireless-network.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-connect-to-my-wireless-network.929803/
Relevancy 69.23%

I don't know if maybe somehow I changed a setting, but my computer used to be able to connect to any wireless network, and now it can't! Here's the thing - it says "connected to: DSL network/signal strength: very good" but I can't get to any websites or have any internet access! Anyone able to help me fix whatever it is I may have messed up? Thank you for your time, I appreciate it so much!

A:computer used to be able to connect to any wireless network - now it can't! help!!!

What operating System are you using? I'm going to guess and say Vista as I have seen this problem before with it.

The way I fixed it was, uninstall the network card from the device manager, then scan for new hardware and let it reinstall the network card. Connect to your wireless network and at some point it should ask you if its a "Home, Work, Public" connection. Pick whatever is right and it should work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-used-to-be-able-to-connect-to-any-wireless-network-now-it-cant-help.706353/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi, so my Windows 7 computer cannot connect to the local wireless network. We've had it for a long time and there have been few problems with it, and every other device in the house (phone, laptop, tablet) can connect fine. I concluded the problem must be something to do with the computer as opposed to the modem in this case.

I performed a factory reset on the computer which did not work, then sent it to the manufacturer for repair, but that didn't work either. Any advice?

A:Computer cannot connect to wireless network, everything else can

Do all other devices connect properly when in the same room as the computer?
It may be a problem with distance and interference.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/computer-cannot-connect-to-wireless-network-everything-else-can-1029385.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I set up a wireless network at home and one of my computers will not connect to it. I was able to get on with 3 other computers so the network is not the issue. I have windows xp pro with sp2. When I try to connect using windows connection utility it says "acquiring network address" and then it just stops and says automatic... then it tries to acquire a network address again and then stops etc. I tried with 2 different wifi cards, one is the netgear wg311v2 which is in my computer and the other one is a usb wifi adapter made by trendnet. They both display the same behavior. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys Been reading the forums here found some related issues but not able to hit the nail Hope someone can help me out Here goes I have PC Vaio laptop PS wired wireless, not connect Can in the room Netgear wireless router has been giving me good access to Can connect wireless, not wired all of them amp the internet Till recently the laptop was not being used so was Can connect wireless, not wired not connected My partner decided to use it thats when this problem started The PC had a wired connection the PS wireless There were no problems in connecting to the net through either devices or for streaming movies onto the ps using media servers on the PC I recently decided to connect this laptop as well amp then things went wrong The laptop amp the PS which are wireless connect easily to the network amp can browse the net However on the PC there is no joy Sometimes when i reset the router amp restart the PC i can connect and use the net with no issues But this is temporary i have not been able to pinpoint how long this lasts or when it connects amp disconnects i believe there are no regular intervals just random I am even unable to recognize the media servers on my PC via the PS though at the same time i can view media servers on the laptop Basically the computer is dead to the network can not connect to the internet or be visible to other devices in the network i would also like to add that when we decided to use the laptop to make things easier i installed teamviewer to remotely access the PC through the laptop blame it on my laziness Not sure if this could be the reason for the problem as i installed teamviewer almost immediately after connecting the laptop I really have almost zero knowledge in networking so please be easy on me nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Im using Win Home Premium I cannot access the internet even though I'm connected to the router Belkin N Wireless Router either through Ethernet or Wireless I have tried the following Hard Router reset Multiple wireless cards PCI and USB Re install Update wireless card connect Cannot Wireless Wired net, or to drivers Disable Windows Firewall and all anti virus software Uninstall windows network driver bad mistake had to use a system restore point because it wouldn't re-install on start-up since it couldn't search the internet Using an earlier system restore point for some reason an older one was not created since the th which is when I started having this problem Double checked with Cannot connect to net, Wired or Wireless Time Warner to make sure all services are working I am using my old man's WinXP PC to post this Here is my ipconfig all data Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kevin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kevin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address BC- F- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday September PM Lease Expires Wednesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- C- B- -BC- F-F -FA-D - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd d de f Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d de f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Kevin gt THANKS FOR ANY FEEDBACK

A:Cannot connect to net, Wired or Wireless

You blocked out the IP Addresses, These are given to all of us on ever computer generated by every router. But we need to see them from your setup to see where the issue lies.
power cycle the Belkin router and your Modem. (eg) unplug them, wait 5 minutes and plug them in again and wait till all of the lights light.
On the problematic computer, Go to Start/Search and type CMD right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator, in the Elevated Command Prompt type
ipconfig /release and press enter. The IP address turns to 0.0.0.0 type
ipconfig /flushdns and press enter, now type
ipconfig /registerdns and press enter, now type
ipconfig /renew and press enter. You now should have a new IP address try to connect. If you still have a problem type
ipconfig /all> 0 & notepad 0 and press enter and copy the text in the notepad that comes up and paste it in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/cannot-connect-to-net-wired-or-wireless-896338.html
Relevancy 68.8%

The internet stopped working on my Daughters Toshiba laptop. Upon investigation I used MalwareBytes to remove about 600 infections of various types. Now both the wired and wireless connection icons show x and the diagnose and repair tab in the control panel's Network and Connection Sharing Center does not help. If I click on either one of them I can bring up a thing called Connectivity Doctor which says both of them are disconnected and it fails when it tries to fix the problem. If I boot the machine with ubuntu I can access the internet so I think the machine is physically OK. Anyone have any ideas as to if there is anything I can do except to reinstall Vista?

A:Can't connect to LAN Wired or Wireless

Hello!

Can you please attach your MBAM report to your next post, so our security expert can see what infection she is dealing with, and then can you please run another MBAM full scan and attach that report as well.

Thanks!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286274-cant-connect-lan-wired-wireless.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Both pcs have internet access,the one on a wireless 54g is connected to the wireless networkand on a workgroup names mshome. The computer wired to the router has internet access,is on the same workgroup, but neither computer `sees` each other if I search computers. They have before but somethings changed somewhere now they wont. Any ideas? No firewalls.

Relevancy 68.8%

Netgear N600 router WNDR 3800. computer that will not connect says device driver not installed. I am on wireless laptop. computer that will not connect is windows 7 64 bit. network center thinks its connected but I cannot even connect directly to router.

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all My wifes friend brought over a computer for me to look at and I am wired or connect Cannot wireless? stumped I cannot connect either wired or wireless It is a Gateway M-series laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium I have checked and there is no anti virus installed No Avg no Nortons Mcafee or anything else Cannot connect wired or wireless? that I can see For wired When I plug in the network cable I get no light where I plugged the cable in on the laptop I know the cable is good as I have hooked it up to two other computers in the house and they work When I ping I get General failure General failure General failure General failure - I can t ping anything else on my network I get the following error quot Transmit failed error code quot For wireless - I have made sure the switch on the side of the computer for wireless is set to quot on quot - When I hover over by the clock where it looks like two computers it sayscurrently connect to Unidentifyied network Access local only I think that is for the wireless card When I do an Ipconfig all I get the following Windows IP Configuration Host name Family-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter local area connection Cannot connect wired or wireless? connection-specific DNS suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical address -E -B -E -A - DHCP Enabled yes autoconfiguration enabled yes Link-local IPv Address fe dai and then a bunch of numbers Autoconfiguraion IPv Address preffered subnet mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Under Device Manager Network Odapters Atheros AR B Wireless Network adapter Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller I tried putting in an IP address for the wired and wireless of Subnet mask Gateway and DNS are both I am totally lost after this Any guidence would be very much appriciated Thanks Senna nbsp

A:Cannot connect wired or wireless?

with a cable connected from PC to router - try safemode with networking
as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
safemode with networking - see if that works

it may have a virus/malware

try a tcp/ip reset and post the results

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Post back the results here - we need to know these commands worked correctly
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-wired-or-wireless.998030/
Relevancy 68.8%

I bought a new router today TP -LINK TL-WR N It s a wireless router which i have to connect my ethernet wire from my adsl modem ethernet port to the WAN port of this router I configured this router using my sister s laptop Then i successfully configured it and i can use wireless via my laptop But my sister s laptop cannot use wireless It can find the wireless connection and connect not to Can wired but wireless can connect For a minute it will say limited connectivity and then it will say connected with excellent signal But she cannot browse any website and even the web management of the router Miraculously when she connects the ethernet wire from the router to her laptop Can connect to wired but not wireless s ethernet port she can browse internet finely Which means the Can connect to wired but not wireless router doesnt have problem because my sister s laptop can access wired connection via it and i can access both wired and wireless connection via it my sister is using Windows xp and i have tried to clear the ip add at ipv and also set a ip I Can connect to wired but not wireless have also tried to check whether there is any proxy but all is fine So im totally clueless I even disabled the LAN port and still it does not work I have also disabled and enabled the wireless and restarted the computer I thought maybe the firewall is having problem but i cannt access the windows firewall It says quot due to unidentified problem windows cannot display windows firewall settings quot i copy and paste the command prompt when i entered ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp E Documents and Settings admin gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name admin- fa e f Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR X Wireless Network pter Physical Address - - -CB- - A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday June PM Lease Expires Sunday June PM The only major difference that i see from my laptop s with my sister s laptop is the node type Thank You so much nbsp

A:Can connect to wired but not wireless

My first thought is you should not post all off your IP info

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-to-wired-but-not-wireless.148455/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I m new here and have a problem that hopefully you can help me solve I recently purchased a new Dell computer which is running Windows It works great except I cannot get it to connect to the internet I am one of computers running in my house and mine is not the one with the direct ethernet connection My old computer which I am using now connects to the wireless router fine it uses XP and so do the other computers in the house also XP The new computer has a wireless card in it and it detects the network the name WIRE shows up in the list of available connections I have new wireless on connect will network not internet to computer typed in the encryption code to gain access to the network it says it new computer will not connect to internet on wireless network s trying to connect and ultimately says it cannot connect to the network The wireless indicator new computer will not connect to internet on wireless network on the router box very rarely comes on when the computer is turned on I have tried resetting my IP address I unplugged the router and plugged it back in I tried all the troubleshooting I could nothing helped I called the Dell tech support which did not help at all Does anyone know how to fix this PLEASE help if you do Thanks nbsp

A:new computer will not connect to internet on wireless network

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Dell's web site.

Are you able to connect successfully by ethernet? If yes ...

Disable encryption and MAC Address filtering on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

If you cannot connect by ethernet then uninstall or properly configure your firewall or security suite.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-will-not-connect-to-internet-on-wireless-network.1031049/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello So my parents are having a problem with connecting to a wireless network The router in question is the linksys WRT N and they are using a windows Vista computer The router is not theirs so it is unlikely that they will be allowed to change any big settings When they first moved to where they are their computer picked up the network fine and connected fine and everything was dandy However like a day later the whole network went down network Vista cannot to connect computer wireless for everyone and when it came back up Vista computer cannot connect to wireless network they could no longer connect to it Ive been troubleshooting with them trying to find a solution and have tried many different things I have tried editing the registry in a few ways reinstalling network devices changing settings on the computer all to no avail There was one new piece of information that they found out today though was that when they changed some security setting on the router from quot Young Teen quot Vista computer cannot connect to wireless network to something else they were able to connect again but everyone else on the network was not They are not sure if that is the setting that was changed for sure and to me it sounds like it might be wrong I cant get to their place because they are a few thousand miles away and the lady who owns the router is supposedly not very accommodating so I am asking for help here Is there anyway to fix this without getting into the router If you need any more information I will be glad to provide what I can Any ideas or tips would be very appreciated EDIT She just found out her iPhone cannot connect either not sure how that affects things nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Ok, hopefully this isn't too stupid to ask...

My girlfriend and I both have desktops running Vista Home Premium. We are both connected to the internet through a wireless router. At first, our computers couldn't see each other over the network, and after reading some advice on the internet, went on both computers and lowered all firewalls (Windows and Trend Micro). Now both computers can see each other, but when I try to connect them, it asks for a user and password.

My question is: what user and password?

As far as I know, neither of us have a user and password. Neither of us set one up for our windows accounts. The router has a password but no user...

Argh! I just want to use the bloody printer connected to her machine! Help!

A:Solved: Can't connect to other computer on wireless network

Have you enabled printer sharing, file sharing, and network discovery? Also, you may need to disable password protected sharing.

Here's how:

Go to control panel, then click on network and sharing center. Make sure that "network discovery" is turned on, make sure "file sharing" is turned on, make sure "printer sharing" is turned on. Also, make sure "passwored protected sharing" is turned off. Then exit out of network and sharing center and exit control panel.

Now click on start, then type "printers" in the search box, then click on the printers folder that appears. Right click the printer you want to share and select properties, then click on the "sharing" tab to make sure it is shared. (If not, share it! ). Now click over to the security tab and give all permissions to "everyone." Click apply then okay.

Hope this helps!

Mollie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-other-computer-on-wireless-network.816239/
Relevancy 68.37%

A computer I have here is all wacked I have spent my connect to wont wireless network Computer many hours on it cleaning the stupid thing up so it s a lot better now but still stupid The computer keeps grabbing the local NIC for the IP addy and not the LAN wireless router Do you know of a way I can get it to stop doing that I m trying to connect Computer wont connect to my wireless network wireless and it sees the network but when I try to connect to it it just says connecting and then uses that same old stupid IP I cannot force it to use an IP with a Computer wont connect to my wireless network static one either because for some reason when I go into network settings and TCP IP windows it wont let me input any numbers in there It just beeps at me and nothing happens It s way of telling me I can t type there for whatever reason Num lock is on and off still nothing Ever seen that on where you can t type in numbers to set a static IP BTW Computer wont connect to my wireless network This happens off and on from time to time for whatever reason It usually clears itself up after a couple of reboots or release renews but not this time It has been stuck with this NIC IP for several days now Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Computer wont connect to my wireless network

I have some ideas, but before I share many how about helping me with some unfamiliar terms. What is a "local NIC"? What is a "NIC IP"? And what exactly is the "same old stupid IP"?

My first idea has to do with Windows 98. I think that W98 did not initially include wireless capability; you had to get some updates, or maybe go to W98SE. Have you ever successfully connected wirelessly with this computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-connect-to-my-wireless-network.435667/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I am running a belkin router if i m not mistaken the model is f d uk with belkin pci wireless cards which i think is f d My problem is that I had to change my setup yesterday and move the router One of the pcs that was connected with a wire a network wireless connect Computer won't properly to to the router now connects wirelessly i ve installed one of my pci cards Computer won't connect properly to a wireless network on it Everything works as before on my other wirelessly connected computers but that particular pc wont access the internet It tries ages to get an ip from the DHCP server of the router Computer won't connect properly to a wireless network and it wont take a proper ip and finally it will assign one to itself Oh yeah and during the connection to the network the computer sends a lot of data but receives nothing Computer won't connect properly to a wireless network at all I think when the DHCP process finishes failed i get the quot limited connectivity quot messsage from windows The strange think was when i tried to assign it an ip on my own ie it couldnt connect to the internet but it could load the router s configuration page But in the configuration page i could see that the router assigned to that computer or at least tried Oh well my other pcs are working just fine with the wireless network and i can t understand why that happens with that particular one Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Computer won't connect properly to a wireless network

Did you set the encryption right?
Any MAC or packet filters?
How about the distance/interference?
Any firewalls on the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-connect-properly-to-a-wireless-network.24349/
Relevancy 68.37%

So this doesn't make any sense to me. I have vista home premium x64 installed on my custom desktop pc and I've always used a wired connection to a netgear router and cable modem to get it on the internet. Recently, I unplugged the ethernet cable WHILE THE COMPUTER WAS OFF and reconnected it WHILE THE COMPUTER WAS STILL OFF and now I can't connect to the network. It calls it an unidentified network and it only gives me local access. I've tried the diagnose and repair, reinstalling network drivers, and resetting my router. What's my problem here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Can't Connect to Wired Network!! Please Help!!

Hi BigSexy,

This doesnt mean something about just cause u removed the cable and reconneted this happen. its most liky that there may be a problem with the cable or the Network Card. So What you can try is try connecting the cable to another computer and check to see wheter that computer works. if It does then you could check your network card by replacing it with another card. Also Check the router wheter Its working propely by connecting it to another pc,.

Hope this helps
Cheers !!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/215628-cant-connect-wired-network-please-help.html
Relevancy 68.37%

So here is my set up DSL - can connect via to Can't wired connection, wireless gt Modem - gt Router - gt PC Xbox BluRay Player In the past few days I picked up some spyware and after removal my wired connection is no longer functioning My wireless connections is fine I am typing this on a laptop via wireless Can't connect to wired connection, can via wireless When I remove and reconnect the ethernet cable the computer picks up the connection with no issues gets an ip address I have tried to connect my PC directly to the modem and no go Can't connect to wired connection, can via wireless I can t even connect through to the modem I have tried switching ethernet cables around not working Under Device Manager there are no exclamation marks So I imagine that the network adapter is fine though it is the only thing that I can t really swap out I Can't connect to wired connection, can via wireless m really at a loss as to what caused this I am using Super Antispyware Remover Free Edition if that matters I also use CCleaner regularly I have used System Restore to set the pc back to before the spyware Can anyone offer some help I ve done all I can think of nbsp

A:Can't connect to wired connection, can via wireless

The following thread seems awfully similar to my issue. They suggest the router to be a possible issue, but in my case my wireless connection is perfectly fine.

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/923748-puzzling-problem-wired-connections-2.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wired-connection-can-via-wireless.954324/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all After system restore on my HP pavillion dv running XP Home SP the internet stopped working It was working fine before the restore All other machines in the house work and connect I have tried many things but no luck - renewed IP - rebuilt IP stack Cannot to connect internet...wired or wireless - Cannot connect to internet...wired or wireless disabled network cards shut down forced computer to recognize and reload drivers - reloaded SP - hard restart on modem computer router - checked a multitude of settings auto configure on - upgraded modem to lynksis E Here is the ipconfig all script Windows IP Configuration host name pc primary DNS suffix node type unknown IP routing enabled No WINS Proxy enabled No DNS Suffix Search om cox net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connectio Physical Address - - - -A - E Ethernet adapter wireless Network Connection Connection specific DNS Suffix om cox net Description Intel R PRO wireless ABG Network Physical Address - - - C- -FF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday December PM Lease Expires Monday December PM My laptop will show connected to the network wired or wireless but no access to the internet All help is greatly appreciated Mark

A:Cannot connect to internet...wired or wireless

When I had this problem a couple days ago, and I too tried everything. The only way I could get it working was to remove the WEP password from the WiFi router and change the SSID. (You can unplug the modem during this). Shut down everything, then rebooted. Everything worked and I could access the router with the new SSID. Then I set a new password for WiFi in the router, turned the modem and other computers on, accessed the new SSID and entered the new password and everything worked on all the computers.

Good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-connect-to-internet-wired-or-wireless-535309.html
Relevancy 68.37%

After a day and a half of internet searches and trying all kinds of suggestions, I never found the real solution for my Belkin router:

I Cloned the MAC address in WAN > MAC address.

Problem solved; back in business.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-connect-wired-not-wireless.1123127/
Relevancy 68.37%

My comcast cable modem went kaput a few days ago. I bought a new motorola surf modem. I just purchased a new d-link dir 825 modem today as I thought my other router went bad too. I am able to access the internet on the wireless portion but cannot connect wired. The router is connected to a 24 port switch that is connected throught my wired house network. The computers do not recognize or see my home network, only the wireless one. All of the cables are good. Even when i connect from the new router directly with a an ethernet cable to my laptop it does not see the wired network. There has to be some kind of software setting that is out of wack as it does not appear to be a router, switch or cable issue. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

A:Can't connect to the internet wired, only wireless

Soulds like a NIC clone issue u got there (feature needs to be enabled on the router). The Router hasn't learnt of your ethernet connection, to it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89207-cant-connect-internet-wired-only-wireless.html
Relevancy 68.37%

How do I merge a wired network with a wireless network so all machines can see each other? All now have good internet access through the router which has a satellite modem feed.

My router (Motorola WR850G) provides a good wired network between two of my machines. One of those machines has a wireless network card, one does not. The router also provides a wireless network. It provides good connections between notebooks in the house and the one box with the wireless card. The notebooks on the wireless network cannot interact with the first box on the wired network.

A:how connect wired & wireless networks?

You will need to connect the wifi router to your Motorola... via the lan ports and have the dchp turned off on the wifi one.

Google has tons of resualts using: connect two routers

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/288838-how-connect-wired-wireless-networks.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I recently purchased internet wired/wireless connect Cannot to a new acer laptop with windows xp sp I have tried connecting wirelessly using the Cannot connect to internet wired/wireless built in wireless pci card but no luck The card is fine it is enabled drivers are good everything It finds my router I hit connect in windows it asks me for the wep key I insert it then it says connecting or waiting on wireless network with a picture of a pc connecting to a server the status bar goes back and forth for about a minute then it stops closes the dialog box and never connects The weird thing is under properties in internet connections I insert the wep key which is keys long but it always seems to erase it and replace it with like characters or so I even connected the laptop to an ethernet cable clicked internet explorer but it said I was offline I looked under the connection windows and it said the connection was live and working I just don t know what to do I have read every article online with no solutions Someone PLEASE help ME nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

First computers won't each to Wired other and connect wireless off hi there I've been trying to sort this myself for about an hour now with no luck I've already searched the internet used google and tried various things to get my network to work I've been trying to create a homegroup which my laptop wireless and my computer wired will be part of They are both connected to the same router My wireless is called quot BuckleyWireless quot and my wired computer is connected to something called quot VirginMedia xxx quot I'm not sure whether these have to be the same name for it to work so I thought I'd post this anyway I've checked the subnet mask for both computers and they Wired and wireless computers won't connect to each other are the same I've tried turning off the firewalls on both computers I've gone into advanced settings so that both computers are quot visible quot Wired and wireless computers won't connect to each other within the network My laptop is now visible on my wired computer but it can't actually be accessed for some reason But no luck with Wired and wireless computers won't connect to each other anything Any advice or pointers in the right direction is much appreciated

A:Wired and wireless computers won't connect to each other

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Do you have Windows 7 on both computers?

If not, you need to use a workgroup rather than a homegroup.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...tart-to-finish

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219034-wired-wireless-computers-wont-connect-each-other.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Sorry if this is a n00b question, but FWIW I did search and also I looked through the tutorials on this site - and I Googled for an answer. However, others seem to have different questions or problems. Here is my problem: when I use my wired adapter on my laptop, there is no obvious way for me to keep my wireless connection as well. My goal is to have both going concurrently. While I understand it could introduce routing issues, my goal is to have them running so I can bridge to one or the other using some VMs that I have running. I won't know if that works until I can figure out how to enable wired and wireless simultaneously.

Thanks for any help!

Mark

A:How to connect wired and wireless simultaneously?

Quote: Originally Posted by vettejock99

Sorry if this is a n00b question, but FWIW I did search and also I looked through the tutorials on this site - and I Googled for an answer. However, others seem to have different questions or problems. Here is my problem: when I use my wired adapter on my laptop, there is no obvious way for me to keep my wireless connection as well. My goal is to have both going concurrently. While I understand it could introduce routing issues, my goal is to have them running so I can bridge to one or the other using some VMs that I have running. I won't know if that works until I can figure out how to enable wired and wireless simultaneously.

Thanks for any help!

Mark

im confused... so if i have this right, you want to be able to use (for instance) your wired connection on the VM and your wireless on your "proper" windows? well thats easily done.... the VM is like a seperate computer, you merely disable the adapter you dont want to use in each machine.... but if you have wired and wireless enabled in windows it will automatically default to wired, (although it will say its connected wirelessly)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/45948-how-connect-wired-wireless-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi All I have a Linksys BERFS wired router that I use as the main distribution point from my cable modem I have wireless routers...how connect Wired to & them also connected a NetGear WGR wireless router off of the Linksys for my few laptops I would like to have the Linksys set the IP addresses for all of the computers but whenever I try to set it up I cannot access the internet through it I have an NAS device on my network that I use for back-up and also as a USB print server I ve tried setting the RIP on both units to level don t remember the exact phrasing and disabling the DHCP server on the wireless router but with no luck I m sure I m missing a step or here and hope you can help me solve this Wired & wireless routers...how to connect them Right now the way it s set up it works but I cannot access the NAS or printer or other desktops for that matter unless I plug the laptops into an ethernet cable One question if I flash the routers to the Tomato firmware assuming it supports them both will that help my problem Thanks Tim nbsp

A:Wired & wireless routers...how to connect them

Please don't post duplicate threads. If your thread is in an inappropriate forum, please report it and a moderator will move it.

Continue the problem resolution here: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/863580-wired-wireless-routers-how-connect.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-wireless-routers-how-to-connect-them.863577/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello techies I have been looking around numerous forums and sites trying to get an answer but I just can t figure it out Here s my problem We have systems connected to a Actiontec MI -WR router Verizon Fios This consists of laptops running Vista home Vista Connect wireless XP wired to and home premium connected wireless desktop running Vista ultimate also wireless And more desktops running Connect wired XP to wireless Vista XP Pro of which is wireless and the other is wired The problem is with the wired desktop We have setup a network to share files My desktop up here wireless Vista has a big hard drive connected to it which we wish to share amongst us all All wireless systems can connect to it without any problems But the wired desktop can not even see us I m hoping someone on this forum knows of a solution for this so that we may be able to share our files with the fifth and last computer thanks in advance ps if more advanced info is needed please let me know how to obtain it and I ll gladly post it edit I d like to add that I have not been able to set up the network to allow all wireless systems to access each others shared folders at first I thought I did but I was to hasty The other wireless systems can access this external drive without a problem though and that is all we wished to accomplish for now The wired desktop simply can t connect to it I m am also unable to ping the wired desktop be it by IP or Computer Name nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I moved house and my laptop won't connect to the wireless network.

Every other wireless network I have ever and still use are ok, plus I can connect ok via wired connection to the router.

A few times the wireless has worked (no idea how/why) but once the laptop is turned off or resets, it won't connect again.

Tried the diagnose options to no avail.

Using Vista on an Acer laptop, BT HomeHub router. Any suggestions?!

Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Vista on it. We just recently got wireless internet for the house. The software for the wireless internet downloaded fine the first day, and the computer connected to the internet. I surfed for no problem for the first week. Then problems started to arise. The computer won't connect so I plugged it into the wireless router, and the internet worked. Then that won't even work. I uninstalled the wireless software, but when I went to reload it, it won't load because of C++ Runtime error. The computer says it has a wireless local connection with local at IPv4 and limited at IPv6. The computer won't work when it is plugged into the wireless router and internet modemn either.

A:Can not connect to internet wired or wireless

Connect with a wired connection to the router and post the following.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-connect-to-internet-wired-or-wireless.932483/
Relevancy 67.94%

I am trying to add a new network-ready printer Brother MFC- N to my existing wireless network The printer is connected to a LAN port on the back of a wireless router The pre-existing wireless network consists of a Linksys BEFW S wireless router a wired Windows XP Home desktop and a wireless Windows XP Home laptop The network has MAC address filtering and WEP security enabled I wired WEP network with Solved: security wireless printer on network turned off both MAC and WEP security when installing the printer and the wired desktop was able to detect the printer after going through quot add network printer quot I got the printer s MAC address from the printer test page and added that to the router and turned the MAC filtering back on and still ok I was able to detect the printer from the wired desktop and print I then turned on the WEP security Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network and suddenly the wired desktop no longer detects the printer tried pinging printer s IP address If I turn off WEP the desktop again recognizes the printer I m not sure why WEP is affecting communication between two components that are both wired into the router I haven t even tried to get the wireless laptop to communicate with the printer yet since I can t even get the wired desktop fully working first I don t want to disable WEP security so that is not an option Brother support says Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network its an issue with the router Is there some setting I need to change on the router Alternatively I think if I got a wireless print server and entered the WEP Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network key into the print server it would work but then there was no point in getting a network-ready printer in the first place I could have just kept my old non-network printer Any suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I need to start by saying I only have a patchy knowledge of networking I have been involved in the Networking of a museum with a set of quot Show quot computers which display video and for this reason cannot have anti virus installed becuase of the performace hit and also the risk of pop-ups on the videos They do however need to be connected to the internet as some are interactive and allow people to send simple emails and they all need to allow remote support when things go wrong It seems the networking was not thought out very well initially and there is a single wireless router which serves the staff and public on a secured wireless network but wired network a wireless a secure alongside network Creating also serves the quot Show quot machines via a wired connection from one of its ports which then connects to a master switch which serves the show machines Now the wired and wireless is on the same network and everything shares the same IP subnet xxx and this is not a good situation in terms of the securuty of the show machines on the wired network So I need to work out a Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network way to totally separate the wireless network which will be very prone to people Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network opening viruses in their emails etc Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network from the wired network which will be the show machines which wont be touched by anyone I want to achieve this in the simplest and easiest way and have been reading about the possibility of setting up a second wired router behind the current wireless one with a different subnet IP address to which the quot Show quot machines could be connected The WAN port on this second router would connect to a LAN port on the wireless router and thus the show machines could get their internet but separated from the dangerous wireless network Does this sound like a sensible start Will the fact that the wired router and show machines are on a completely different subnet to the wireless router and wireless devices mean that the wired network will be protected Or do I need to do more And is this likely to work Many thanks for any advice Cheers nbsp

A:Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network

That's the standard way to protect one set of machines from another, while allowing all to use the same internet access. The reason it works is the NAT layer on the second router--it protects its LAN from the other machines the same way it protects from the big scary internet.

If you are using Windows on the "show" machines try Microsoft Security Essentials. It should not adversely impact performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-secure-wired-network-alongside-a-wireless-network.1021598/
Relevancy 67.94%

Computer Desktop Dell Dimension DIM Intel Pentium CPU GHz Ghz MB of RAM Microsoft Windows network so connect hard trying wireless to computer Poor can't but XP Professional V Service Pack Wireless Adaptor D-Link DWA- purchased only a few months ago I share wireless with my downstairs neighbor so I can t connect directly I have the correct network name and password for the network All of a sudden for no reason I can think of haven t done anything to computer computer cannot connect to network - but you can tell it s trying I have a Dell laptop equipped internally with wireless that continues to work fine The little connection icon in the tray continues to blink as it tries to connect the D-Link icon turns green for milli-seconds Double clicking on the Windows wireless icon gives following message quot Windows cannot configure the wireless connection quot Opening the separate D-Link Wireless Connection Managers shows it toggling between quot Disconnected quot and occasionally says quot Connecting please wait Poor computer trying so hard but can't connect to wireless network quot or quot Idle quot and when it does shows my network name and IP address of zeroes and full strength signal But mostly it sits at quot disconnected quot The Network Connections folder under quot Status quot it toggles between quot Poor computer trying so hard but can't connect to wireless network Not connected Firewalled quot and quot Acquiring network address Firewalled quot Adapter is flashing its orange light and I ve tried plugging it in different ports I ve also uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for the adapter I ve tried choosing quot repair quot and it fails with error mssg quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem b c the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address quot I tried looking for ghost something or other per another post because I did disconnect the adapter once without using the Safely Remove Hardware thing but I didn t see any grayed out ghosts I ve tried rebooting several times Please any assistance GREATLY appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Yesterday I moved into a new apartment in Vancouver Canada Several friends came up with me to help me move in My friends were able to connect to the wireless network However as soon as I tried connecting to the network the wireless signal began to appear and disappear rapidly for everyone connected effectively cutting off wireless access This problem only occurs when I sign on Furthermore if at new Computer to connect unable to wireless network apartment I start my computer in Safe Mode with network access enabled I am able to connect to the net without any Computer unable to connect to wireless network at new apartment problem My computer is a Lenovo S - running on Windows Starter -bit with the latest service pack I have so far tried the following solutions in no particular order Restarting computer Computer unable to connect to wireless network at new apartment Restarting Wireless Network Adapter Restarting Router Changing wireless network from home to public Disabling home groups Changing power saving settings according to knowledge base article You may experience connectivity issues or performance issues when you connect a mobile PC that is running Windows Vista or Windows to a wireless access point Uninstalling Lenovo's after market power management program Performing a system recovery Disabling Re-Enabling Firewall Anti-virus and Windows Update Scanning for Spyware This is the first time I have ever had this problem on any network Does anyone have any ideas

A:Computer unable to connect to wireless network at new apartment

P.S. My Network Adapter is an Atheros AR9285.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205988-computer-unable-connect-wireless-network-new-apartment.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a desktop computer which is connected to the router by cable, but when this computer is on I can't connect to the wireless network with any other devices.

When I turn the main computer off though I can connect fine with any wireless device.

A:Unable to connect to wireless network when main computer is on

If one of those wireless devices is a computer running Windows please show the following for when it cannot connect and for when it can ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-when-main-computer-is-on.1004481/
Relevancy 67.94%

i recently downloaded microsoft security essentials and since doing so my computer will not connect to my wireless network.My wireless adapter is picking up the signal. microsft indicated i may have had a corrupted connection service so therefore it was removed.

A:computer will not connect to wireless network after virus removal

Hello and welcome to Tech Support Guy.

My name is Michael and I will be helping you with your computer problems.

Be aware that I am currently in training, which means that my replies must first be approved by one of my teachers. This may cause a slight delay in my responses, but keep in mind that this process is only to ensure you are receiving advice of the utmost accuracy.

Please keep the following points in mind:

Malware research is often a time consuming process and sometimes multiple tools/methods will have to be employed before an infection is completely dealt with. Please be patient during the process of removal.
Read my instructions carefully before carrying them out. Also, consider printing out any instructions in case you lose your Internet connection.
If you have any questions, please ask before carrying out a fix. Clearing up any confusion beforehand will save time in the long run. That said, I will try to post instructions as clearly and concisely as possible.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic, and do not request help on other forums during the course of the cleaning process.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your Operating System and losing all your programs and data.

I will be back as soon as possible with a response.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-will-not-connect-to-wireless-network-after-virus-removal.1063686/
Relevancy 67.94%

I recently bought an Asus laptop wonderful computer and we got verizon FiOS so my internet should be lightning fast but my laptop decides that it wireless network to connect Computer doesn't properly doesn t want to connect to the internet It ll connect to the wireless Computer doesn't connect to wireless network properly network and sometimes it will even say that it is connected to the internet but Windows Live Messenger won t connect and I can t browse the internet Other times it might show that i m not connected to the internet and I can still browse Very odd My parents are using another laptop on the same network without any issues The network is set to private and is security enabled It seems to not work mostly when I first boot the computer after a time of inactivity I ll sometimes have to restart the computer to get the internet working but after it s working Computer doesn't connect to wireless network properly it keeps working until I go away for a while and the computer activates the screensaver or goes into hibernation or something nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

After about an hour I managed to figure out why my Mum s PC wouldn t connect Wireless Won't Internet to Network via New Computer Connect Solved: to our wireless Solved: New Computer Won't Connect to Internet via Wireless Network network thought I d post what solved it incase if could help anyone else I have a Belkin Wireless G Router and my mum s old PC used to Solved: New Computer Won't Connect to Internet via Wireless Network connect to it with a wire She got a new PC today and was having problems connecting to the Internet The ethernet cable had a green light beside the cable only and the Solved: New Computer Won't Connect to Internet via Wireless Network router lit up showing that the PC was connected However she couldn t get the Internet The IP address was in the x x x range After a wee search on the Internet some forums suggested it was a DHCP lease problem I connected to my router and although I have the lease release setting set to one day that didn t appear to be the problem After manually configuring the new PC to the network in the house I was able to ping my own PC and connect to see some files on my PC So that proved that the ethernet port cable etc was working but still no Internet access After searching through all my router settings I realised I had MAC address filtering on my idea of router security I disabled this and then the new PC connected I took a note of the new MAC address added it to the accepted list of MAC addresses and the PC is not able to connect to the Internet nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-wont-connect-to-internet-via-wireless-network.574507/
Relevancy 67.94%

I changed my ISP to "Clear.com" and now one, seldom used, Win7 computer will not connect to the wireless network. I have two other desktops hardwired and two laptops on the wireless that work fine. The two laptops are in the same room as the Clear 'modem/router', while the Win7 box is not, if that matters. The Win7 box worked in that location when I was on the cable and had a separate wireless router.

The box that will not connect, does show that the wireless connection is available, and the adapter shows to be working properly in Device Manager.

Oh, and Windows Troubleshooter says it cannot fix it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Win7 computer will not connect to wireless network

Make sure that you are not locking yourself out via MAC Address filtering.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-computer-will-not-connect-to-wireless-network.1088587/
Relevancy 67.51%

Someone asked me about hooking up there xbox to the internet. Their home is wireless and the xbox is across the room. Is there something I can get that receives the wireless signal from the network then transmits it through the wire plugged into it? Basically, the opposite of a wireless access point. Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless network - need something that does wireless to wired for xbox

The device you want is called a wireless bridge; e.g., see http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q...r=lang_en&newwindow=1&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-need-something-that-does-wireless-to-wired-for-xbox.401547/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I'm trying to connect a PC running Windows HP network will wired Windows 7 see but won't connect bit Intel i Ghz Quad core GB RAM to a wired network at work All the computers here are wirelessly connected to the internet but hardwired into a central network server that has all the files etc on it The server is running Windows Server I think the old computer I am replacing is running XP and that connects to both networks without a problem The new Windows one will connect to the wireless network fine the wired network shows up but in properties it says quot No internet access quot and quot No network access quot and I can't access anything on it I've tried several solutions from looking around the net but nothing Windows 7 will see wired network but won't connect has worked Any ideas as to why it won't work By all accounts networking is supposed to be easy on Windows I'm certainly not finding that If you need more details I'll try to provide them but at the moment the new PC isn't set up because we needed the old put back to do work

A:Windows 7 will see wired network but won't connect

Hi majica8 welcome,

Are you using passwords on the other computers at work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/180127-windows-7-will-see-wired-network-but-wont-connect.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I have a wired desktop PC running windows seven home premium For months my PC connected to my netgear router flawlessly a month ago my partner bought a macbook pro boo and also connected to this router using network cable without a problem weeks ago my PC started behaving funnily in that it would have no connection on startup connects Wired to my W7: others.... not connect network, Will to or sometimes when waking W7: Will not connect to my Wired network, connects to others.... up During this time the macbook would connect as normal Now it just will not connect at all Other laptops can connect using the exact same cable as my PC I took my PC to the only computer store in my small town who said that it took them seconds to 'fix' and that IE and firefox worked as well as world of warcraft launcher So it obviously connects to other networks I cheered and bought it home and alas the exact same problem I have attempted to follow the direction of this post wired pc won't connect with router and change settings in the properties of my network adapter but i get this message quot controls on this property sheet W7: Will not connect to my Wired network, connects to others.... are disabled because other network property sheets are already open quot and i have nothing else open Also W continuously attempts to restore the connection fails and tries again I ran ipconfig all and it shows the server name of the computer store in the DNS suffix list The default gateway entry is blank and i cant see an IP address entry Is this a W problem or should i be looking elsewhere Please help im at my wits end

A:W7: Will not connect to my Wired network, connects to others....

Check Device Manager for red/ yellow flags -
START | type devmgmt.msc

Uninstall ALL networking devices; reboot. Windows 7 will reinstall upon reboot.

Check for Ethernet driver updates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/w7-will-not-connect-to-my-wired-network-connects-to-others-550127.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi All I have a Linksys BERFS wired router that I use as the main distribution point from my cable modem I have also connected a NetGear WGR wireless router off of the Linksys for my few laptops I would like to have the Linksys set the IP addresses for all of the computers but whenever I try to set it up I cannot access the internet through it I have an NAS device on my network that I use for back-up and also as a USB print server I ve tried setting the RIP on both units to level don t remember the exact phrasing and disabling the DHCP server on the wireless router but with no luck I m sure I m missing a step or here and hope you can help me solve this One question if I flash the routers to the Tomato firmware assuming it supports them both will that help my problem Thanks Tim nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

So I got home from visiting my fiance and setup my laptop only to find that it Wired Internet Wireless Can. Connect. Can't Interent couldn t connect to the wireless network This had happened before and I d gone to bed and it Wireless Interent Can't Connect. Wired Internet Can. resolved itself No dice this time The wireless internet DOES connect at my fiance s house I ve tried running all my anti spy-ware anti virus and basic scan programs I ve updated the wireless card drivers I ve reset the router and modem many times and tried to quot repair quot the connection many many times I ve reset the computer a few times I even sat through the thick scans my computer has built in when you hit F at the startup No matter what I do I can t get the computer to connect here But the people I live with have no problems As for computer Wireless Interent Can't Connect. Wired Internet Can. stats It s running Windows XP It is using a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card GHz processor Gb RAM Not sure what else to give you so let me know if you need more I basically was Wireless Interent Can't Connect. Wired Internet Can. hoping that someone could tell me a test I could run or something I could reset or something to get it working again it s worked for months now and all of a sudden gives me issues when I come back from my fiance s after a period of time Thanks a lot nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I have tried searching everywhere to find an end to my head ache but nothing has worked Everything was going fine until one day my wired connection stopped seeing the there was a connection Everything is working I am able to browse the internet and do things online but the problem really got annoying when I tried x64 7 wireless will Windows or wired not connect Ultimate to verify an origin game that I bought online because you have to have an internet connection to verify but my computer says I don't have one http www sevenforums com images smilies mad png I thought maybe adding a wireless connection would help as nothing I had came across from Microsoft or online could get it to work So I went out and got a wireless adapter and with the wireless it says not connected connections are available and below it says that I am connected I have tried changing all kinds of different things to many to remember now I am willing to try anything to get it to work again If anyone can help I would really love it I am not sure if this matters but I forgot to mention that on a different hard drive on the Windows 7 Ultimate x64 will not connect wired or wireless same computer I have Windows XP and all of the network connections work perfectly

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x64 will not connect wired or wireless

Hello and Welcome to Seven Forums,

I would start off with a System Restore, you can save a lot of headaches if you this will work for you. If not, we can move on to more troubleshooting tasks.

How to restore to an earlier point before things went haywired.
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339258-windows-7-ultimate-x64-will-not-connect-wired-wireless.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I am running Windows Vista, on a Compaq.

I am using a d-link DI-524 router, which has been working fine, and still continues to work for the other PC. The wireless function (wi-fi) is also working well, as the MAC laptop and the iPod touch are able to connect to the internet.

I use Static DHCP for the PC in order to open ports for it. I do not use the same feature for the Compaq, but instead enable DHCP to distribute IP addresses to the Compaq.

So the problem is, starting last week, out of the blue, the internet in the Compaq stopped working. When I used the Windows Diagnostics, it said that there might be a DNS problem. There is only Local Connectivity when I connect both Wired-ly or wirelessly. I know this since I am able to access the router's Web Configuration.

Please help me fix this! Thank you in advance.

A:Solved: Cannot connect to the Internet (both wireless and wired)

The fact that wired and wireless both have the issue points to a likely stack corruption issue.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

See if that changes the symptoms.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-both-wireless-and-wired.839885/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I've recently moved house and have signed up with a new internet provider. I can't connect to the internet with a wired or wireless connection. My partner has got the wireless working perfectly on her laptop and I got wifi working on my phone with no problems, so I think it must be something specific with my computer.

I used a wireless connection in my old house, and I remember it took some time to get that working properly too, so obviously my computer doesn't like change!

I'm now getting the IPv4/IPv6 connectivity messages and can't even get close to finding a network.

I would be most thankful for any help you guys can give me!

Cheers!

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I was working on my friend's girlfriend's computer because she felt that there was a virus on it I attempted to do some things System internet to wireless won't wired connect or with it to try to clear it up but to no avail I tried running Malwarebytes on it but it seems as though whatever is on the computer prevents it from running I tried to rename the install files to something else but the system only allows the program to install on the System won't connect to internet wired or wireless computer but not run it I also tried running the Symantec antivirus that was on the computer when I received it but System won't connect to internet wired or wireless that came back with no results Also I cannot connect to the internet using that computer I plugged it directly into the modem but nothing and I attempted to try a wireless connection but that keeps coming back with the message Windows cannot configure the wireless connection If you have enabled another program to mange this wireless connection use that software System won't connect to internet wired or wireless There is not another program on the computer that I could see Thanks for Your Help DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Bridget at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Documents and Settings Bridget Application Data U LaunchPad exe F dds scr C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks Softonic English Toolbar f -f f - -bac -e ec e - c program files softonic english tbSof dll BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Softonic English Toolbar f -f f - -bac -e ec e - c program files softonic english tbSof dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO HP Smart BHO Class ffffffff-cf e- f b-bdc - e e a - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dll TB Softonic English Toolbar f -f f - -bac -e ec e - c program files softonic english tbSof dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun ATIPTA c program files ati technologies ati control panel atiptaxx exe mRun SynTPL... Read more

A:System won't connect to internet wired or wireless

I assume you're posting from another computer, as you don't have an Internet connection on that computer.

Step 1.
Things I would like to see in your reply:

If you are transferring files with a flash-drive then you need to do this on the computer that you are posting from.

Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop. Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

If that doesn't work use Panda USB Vaccine

Step 2.
TDSSKiller:

Please read carefully and follow these steps. Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
Extract its contents to your desktop.
Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.

If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Step 3.
ComboFix:

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Step 4.
Things I would like to see in your reply:
The content of the log from TDSSKiller in step 2.
The content of C:\ComboFix.txt from step 3.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/system-wont-connect-to-internet-wired-or-wireless-523901.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all I d really love some assistance with this issue No matter if I have my HP netbook connected to a wired or wireless connection I m stuck on the quot Acquiring network quot prompt I ve followed along in previous threads up until a certain point In the services page DHCP cannot start due to error I tried SFC SCANNOW and the anti virus software on the netbook picked up a trojan that s in this file quot WINDOWS System drivers netbt sys quot My anti virus has quot quarantined quot the virus and it cannot be accessed until the virus software is updated and Laptop or Internet connect cannot to wired wireless can deal with the trojan However I cannot update the software until I can connect to the Internet I m not sure if netbt sys is needed for this I did not see it in the DHCP dependencies list Other than that the SFC SCANNOW option did not find anything else I was thinking I may need to nuke the system and re-install Laptop cannot connect to wired or wireless Internet XP Laptop cannot connect to wired or wireless Internet however this is a netbook and I don t have an XP install CD handy I am however familiar with how to connect the netbook to another computer to use it s CD drive Can anyone think of anything else I can do here I would love to not have to buy an XP install CD Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I bought a Cannot Wired, Solved: Connected connect Wireless new laptop and I can t get it to establish a wireless connection Solved: Connected Wired, Cannot connect Wireless The network appears to be Solved: Connected Wired, Cannot connect Wireless detected with maximum bars but when I Solved: Connected Wired, Cannot connect Wireless try to connect I get an error message quot Windows was unable to connect to NETWORK quot The strange thing is my old laptop can connect while this one can t I ve tried a bunch of things but it still doesn t work I ve disabled my WEP security and it still doesn t work I made sure my router and wireless card had the most recent firmware drivers and it still didn t work Now I m at a loss for what to do so I hope you guys can help me Internet Comcast Cable Cable Modem Motorola Surfboard SB Router Netgear WGT v Wireless Card for laptop Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter ipconfig all through my wired connection Windows IP Configuration Host Name Changsta-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E- D- - -CC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -F - D-BE- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address BC-AE-C - F-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f a b c b f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday January AM Lease Expires Tuesday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D - - - D- - -CC- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - D- - -CC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AEF E- CB- C - - A B BC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c c b d Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c c b d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BEA -DFE - BA -BB - CC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft... Read more

Relevancy 67.51%

We just moved to a new apartment and comcast cable modem was installed on Friday It was configured and verified using a notebook computer thinkpad x running vista that is domain joined This computer is able to connect to the internet through a direct connection to the modem as well as through a wired router No other computer in the house is able to connect we tried a HP DV running vista as well as a compaq presario running xp through the router or through a Solved: wireless through wired or Can't connect connection direct connection to the modem It appears to connect to the network -- but it doesn t seem to be able to identify the network In the end it shows up as an Solved: Can't connect through wired or wireless connection quot Unidentified Network quot with only local access Also -- not sure if this is relevant -- but all the lights on the modem have begun to blink today the problem existed even before they started blinking -- and the thinkpad can connect even now Also the HP laptop is able to connect to a unsecured wireless connection from one of the neighbors Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

ok, I have a desktop computer running windows xp pro sp2 and a laptop also running wxp sp2. I bought a linksys wireless-G router to share the internet connection and I also want to share files and a printer between the computers. The internet connection is fine, the problem i'm having is that none of the PC's see each other in the my netwrok places area.
I''ve ran the wireless wizard setup and added the ip adresses to the firewall settings and still nothing. What am I missing here guys?

A:I can't connect my wireless laptop to my wired desktop

nevermind guys, I found a way to work around this problem
if you are able to ping to each pc, then you can access each pc's resources using thier IP address. For some unknown reason the PC's show in the "my networks places" section but wont allow you to access the shared files, only if you acces them through their ip adress:
\\192.168.x.x\sharedResource

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-my-wireless-laptop-to-my-wired-desktop.40189/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Y'all - I have a desktop computer running XP and nice reasonably fast Broadband on virgin media. I'm quite happy with the setup and don't want to go messing about with installing a wireless router in place of the Virgin Broadband Modem. I am getting a wifi Laptop for my wife and want to "Piggy-Back" it off my desktop. Someone told me I could get a "Dongle" that would sit in a USB port on my desktop and relay to the laptop via wifi.
Is this possible ? I can't find such an item.

A:Connect wireless laptop to wired desktop

jameswwa said:

Hi Y'all - I have a desktop computer running XP and nice reasonably fast Broadband on virgin media. I'm quite happy with the setup and don't want to go messing about with installing a wireless router in place of the Virgin Broadband Modem. I am getting a wifi Laptop for my wife and want to "Piggy-Back" it off my desktop. Someone told me I could get a "Dongle" that would sit in a USB port on my desktop and relay to the laptop via wifi.
Is this possible ? I can't find such an item.Click to expand...

NO

The USB WiFi adaptor is the receiver side that would access a WiFi router or Access Point (AP).
You need the transmitter side so that wife's laptop can connect to it.

IMO, wrong approach.

what you have (apparently) is
Code:

VB Modem ===>Your Desktop
what you are attempting looks like
Code:

VB Modem ===>Your Desktop - - wifi - - laptop
1) this requires the ICS active on the desktop and
2) then put a wifi router(or AP) for the laptop to connect to.
If you're going to get another router then --

what you really want to do is
Code:

VB Modem ===>new wifi router ===wired ==>Your Desktop
|
+ - - - wifi connection to the laptop

This is NOT replacing the VB modem, but adding to it downstream so all the VB settings are left asis

This has the advantage of
allowing either system to be powered off and still allow the other to get Internet access
avoid network complication and degredation of the 'pass-thru' and extra routing downstream
The only thing that you need to do is to set the Mascrade the MAC address to that of your desktop NIC.

The remainder of the setup is in the new router which wifi would require regardless which side of your system to attach to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-wireless-laptop-to-wired-desktop.146612/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,
I have had a Acer Aspire 5742-6814 for a month or so now. Yesterday it suddenly would not connect to the wireless network in my apartment and won't connect to a wired network either. It says that the wireless drivers are up to date and it just stopped working out of nowhere. I tried connecting to my school wireless network and that would not work either. I have tried some of the solutions that I have seen including:
Resetting modem in apartment.
Checking "Connect even if network is not broadcasting its name (SSID)" (which seemed to work for some people with similar problems).
I really have no idea what is wrong or if it some kind of hardware issue. I can provide any further details. Any help that could be given will be greatly appreciated.

A:Laptop cannot connect to either wireless or wired networks

Welcome to SF,

What type of Security or Firewall Software do you have installed - Norton, McAfee etc...?

Check your browser settings for any proxy servers, remove it if found.
How to Remove a Proxy Server | eHow.com

Verify that all your Network Services are Started.
Click on Start, type services.msc then press enter.
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration ( XP wireless configurations only)
• WLAN AutoConfig ( Vista wireless configurations only)
• Workstation

Please post an update of your progress.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/180153-laptop-cannot-connect-either-wireless-wired-networks.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi guys. c:

Alright, so I have a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router with two computers connected to it via ethernet. One is running Windows Vista, the other Windows XP. I have a printer connected to the Vista box and I can print with it from the XP as well as share files between the two.

I also have a laptop (running XP) that connects to the router wirelessly. It is in the same workgroup (WORKGROUP) as both the XP and Vista. The Vista sees it when I look for other computers on my network, but I can't connect to it.

The laptop doesn't recognize any other computers on the network. How can I get it to do that, so I can print and share files and stuff? Or is the router just evil... Er, secure enough that it won't let me?

Relevancy 67.08%

I ve got a regular desktop pc and a laptop Both are running Windows If both machines are wired file and printer sharing works like expected If the laptop is on the wireless things go sour The machines don t see each other I can t ping the laptop from the desktop or vice versa Strangely enough if I ping the desktop from the laptop by IP address the desktop will reply At that point the desktop will see the Solved: doesn't file wired-wired works, sharing wired-wireless laptop too and sharing file printer amp media works fine But if Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't the connection is idle for a couple of minutes Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't they won t see each other anymore I ve tried all kinds of things disabled IPv on both reconfigured file and printer sharing disabled the firewalls on both But none of these changes have had any effect whatsoever I have also tried to give everything the same name SSID workgroup and network name on the desktop but that had no effect either More info - Wired and wireless clients are on the same subnet - The router is a Linksys WRT- N - AP isolation is disabled - uPnP is enabled on the router Does anyone have any clue how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all network connect Internet while local(wired) on to Can't I have a laptop on which the OS installed is Windows XP This laptop is in a local network wired network and Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet is also in a wireless network and we Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet access Internet with the wirelesss network The problem is that when I access Internet I can t connect to the local network i e when I ping a machine Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet which is in the local network the ping does not succeed How can I do to be able to access to local network while surfing on Internet I provide the following details about the local network and the wireless network The machines on the local network are connected by switches and there is a Windows Server window controller on this network My laptop is configured to obtain its Ip adress on the local network by DHCP My laptop is also configured to obtain its Ip adress on the wireless network there is a wireless router by DHCP I can access Internet only by wireless network I can not access it by local network Thanks Thanks you in advance for your answers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-local-wired-network-while-on-internet.903237/
Relevancy 66.65%

Me again, so I know why the Windows 7 HP PC in my last thread won't connect to a wired network here at work, however I've just tried to connect this PC (which is running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit, 2.6Ghz Quad core, 4GB RAM (it's an Acer Veriton X275)) and I get the same stuff. It sees an unidentifed local area connection but it tells me there is no internet access and no network access.
Not only is this annoying, but having just got the company to spend over ?450 on copies of Windows 7 Pro for 4 other PCs (as well as memory upgrades for 2) it's more than a little worrying!!

So, any idea why this Windows 7 PRO PC won't connect to a wired network? Server PC is running Windows Server 2000, coming through a Netgear switch. Speedy responses appreciated, I want to get this sorted ASAP.

A:Windows 7 PRO 32bit won't connect to wired network

Hi,

Maybe a bit stupid: but did you check that the cable itsself is doing well? If you're having an older office, you might have old network cables which don't fuction well anymore, even if they look OK.

Did you try to reset the switch or modem? And did you download the latest drivers for the Acer Veriton X275? Maybe it's a compatibility problem...

Grtz,
Martin

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/180312-windows-7-pro-32bit-wont-connect-wired-network.html
Relevancy 66.65%

For the past week I have had a wireless connection and a wired connection to my router, I cant connect to the internet. Also all of my roommates are able to connect to the internet. I have also tried the TCP/IP Repair stack options but that didnt work. Could anybody please help me out??

A:Have a Wired & Wireless Connection to Router but Cant Connect to Internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-a-wired-wireless-connection-to-router-but-cant-connect-to-internet.740945/
Relevancy 66.65%

One day I to connect Wired cannot suddenly and Internet Wireless NICs came home and my family PC could not load anything in the browser The network icon in the system tray shows connected but the yellow-triangle exclamation point is Wired and Wireless NICs suddenly cannot connect to Internet present Starting in Safe Mode w Networking does allow Internet browsing to work This is used by my kids I think my son tried to install something that is interfering Between the dashed lines are the troubleshooting steps I performed confirmed ------------------------------------------ There are no proxy servers set up in the browser configs I have IE Firefox and Chrome none of them work This problem affects the wired and wireless NICs They will both get a DHCP address from the router but then they will not pass any data They cannot ping the router McAfee Security Center is installed and working properly I disabled the firewall and that did not help The ARP table on the PC looks good and has an entry for everything else on the network including the router I checked the router and the MAC address of the LAN port matches the one in the PC's ARP table Two PS 's an iPads two iPhones and an HP printer all work on the same wireless network without issue My work laptop is working fine on the wireless and it works fine using the same router port and cable that will not work for the home PC All network related services are started on the PC Anti-Virus was up to date to the day networking stopped and a full scan revealed no infections at all DNS entries are present The PC will get DHCP but then cannot communicate or ping anything else in the network It's almost like broadcast will work but not unicast Device manage sees both NICs and their drivers I deleted the NICs and rebooted allowing Windows to rediscover them The problem came right back There are no proxy servers set up in the browser and I have IE Firefox and Chrome None of them work It seems to be O S related since it impacts only this machine affects both NICs and won't even respond to pings -------------------------------------------------------- It looks like System Restore was ever enabled so I may not have any restore points to fall back on Anyone have any ideas for next steps besides re-installing the operating system Thanks

A:Wired and Wireless NICs suddenly cannot connect to Internet

What DHCP address are they recieving from the router, and what brand router do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253167-wired-wireless-nics-suddenly-cannot-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm trying to fix someones laptop. The wired and wireless internet won't work. The wireless card can see my home network, but after a about 30 seconds after trying to connect it says that the connection has been unsuccessful.

Since it didn't even work in safe mode I thought maybe it was something in the registry. I tried CCleaner and it didn't work.

Also tried, connecting to a different network, uninstalling the drivers (but computer keeps finding the drivers and reinstalling them) , some lines in the cmd that were supposed to reset my tcp/ip settings. I'm lost. Nothing else seems to be wrong with the computer, no other fishy activity. Thanks in advance.

btw Toshiba Satellite Win 7 x64, I have tried wireless and wired and multiple access points.

A:Can't connect to internet. Wired or Wireless. Even in safe mode.

In Safe mode few drivers are running, unless you chose Safe mode with networking, and even then it'd probably only be the ethernet port that worked anyway.

Has your router been programmed with a MAC whitelist?

Resorting to a registry scrubber isn't an awfully good idea...

Are the correct drivers onboard for ethernet and WiFi adapters?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205551-cant-connect-internet-wired-wireless-even-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I bought a Belkin G Wireless Router about 8 months back.

Starting a few weeks ago, I've had to set a static IP address to my recently built computer (sitting at 192.168.2.10 right now) for it to not disconnect every few minutes.

I then noticed that no wireless devices (tested with 2 Laptops and Ipod Touch) could connect. If I restarted the router and did NOT connect anything to it, it would connect with local access only. If I attempt to set the router up using the CD that came with the packaging, it claims it cannot connect to the internet, and then proceeds to actually kick me off the net.

Does anyone have any clue what coulda caused this?

As far as I know, I've not changed anything.

A:Cannot connect to Wireless, but wired works fine, with kinks

Which OS? Is the NIC adapter (USB, PCI, PC-Card Bus, miniPCI (onboard))

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-but-wired-works-fine-with-kinks.150288/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everybody,
I currently have a desktop with a wired connection to my broadband modem.
I would like to connect a wireless router to the modem (and connect my laptop to Internet through the router) while keeping the wired direct connection between my desktop and the modem.
Is there any way to do this?...
Thank you

A:How to connect a wired desktop and a wireless router to the same modem?

Not unless you have an ISP that offers multiple public IP addresses. However, by putting the desktop in the DMZ of the router, you can pretty much accomplish the same thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-a-wired-desktop-and-a-wireless-router-to-the-same-modem.700400/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I'm new to Windows and this is my first post so go easy if this a silly question I currenly when wired create file disable wireless connect to you to .bat a work create a .bat file to disable wireless when you connect to wired in an IT department and have given this 'project' We have a number of users who have been given bit Windows laptops for remote home and office working I have been asked to create a batch file so that as soon as the user comes into the office they plug the laptop into the network and create a .bat file to disable wireless when you connect to wired it should use the wired connection automatically to access the corporate LAN As soon as they work away and create a .bat file to disable wireless when you connect to wired need to access the corporate network remotly they do not need to press the wireless button on the laptop when the laptop is switched and logged on i want the laptop to know that it is not on a wired network and for the wireless to kick in I have created two bat files - netsh interface set interface Wireless Network Connection Disable and netsh interface set interface Wireless Network Connection Enable these have been placed in task scheduler under create a basic task I have tried both of these in cmd prompt but they still don't work Can anyone please advise me Thank you TOSH

A:create a .bat file to disable wireless when you connect to wired

Many corporate laptops have included utilities from the OEM that do this automatically.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207299-create-bat-file-disable-wireless-when-you-connect-wired.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Just woke up yesterday and desktop won't access the internet. It shows a normal connection but neither IE nor Firefox will display a page. ("Page cannot be displayed")

Someone on another site suggested trying "netsh winsock reset" which didn't seem to accomplish anything. What can I do to fix this or figure out my problem?

A:Desktop won't connect to internet (wired) but wireless laptop does

I should add that I have not had any problems with my laptop connecting wirelessly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wont-connect-to-internet-wired-but-wireless-laptop-does.108252/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a new Dell V305 Printer which has Wi-Fi capabilities. We have a large family with two Vista 32bit laptops and two Windows XP laptops. I am wondering if it is possible to connect the printer directly to the wireless network that is set up. There is no ethernet port on the printer so it cannot be plugged into the router, which is up to date. We no longer have a desktop to connect to the printer which would make this much easier.
I have tried searching for the printer with on with my Vista laptop, but it doesnt show up. I know there must be some way to set this up so all of the laptops in the house can wirelessly print a document. Please Help!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/209558-connect-dell-v305-printer-wireless-network-without-connecting-computer.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I generally don't have a need to network computers together. In fact if I do network in my home it will be for only one purpose and would prefer to have the network down 99.99% of the time.

I can run the lines needed to connect these two computers but wireless would be easier to get going.

I am just wondering if wireless is secure enough.

If I do connect two computers together I would want to set it up so I have a link on the desktop's where I can connect the network and disconnect it even if it requires me to hire out custom coding.

I guess what I am saying is would want the computers connected about once a week for a few minutes and then break the connection as easy as possible but also securely.

A:Wired vs Wireless network, is wireless safe.

I'm not sure about the others, but i have tried this and its safe.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/186219-wired-vs-wireless-network-wireless-safe.html
Relevancy 65.79%

OBJECTIVE:
Currently running a wireless network but I have 2 desktops downstairs that need WIRED internet. I don't want to have to buy 2 wireless cards to connect both machines to the internet AND network (I also need to transfer larger files since we work with heavy graphics).

SETUP:
Both have Gb network cards installed.
- One is a server, running on windows 2003 server
- The other is a regular desktop running win xp pro sp2
I was thinking of purchasing a wireless access point router or bridge that has about 4 ports (in case I add 2 more machines). Would be great too if I can use this same system to upgrade our bluray player =)

Currently, the cable modem is attached to a belkin wireless pre-n router [F5D8230-4] here's link: http://is.gd/mleI

Can someone help?

Relevancy 65.79%

I was wondering if it's possible to connect to the internet with an iPod Touch wirelessly using a wired network. I was thinking that maybe you could plug something into the usb slot on the pc and then it could send out signals so my iPod touch could connect to the internet wirelessly. Is this possible?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, my internet connection is fine, my videogames and other pc's are running off o my wifi just fine. as was this laptop until a couple days ago. I can pick my network like I could normally but after I connect to my network it will not connect online. even if I plug the cable into the laptop directly. I would appreciate any help....this is such an odd problem. Im running on windows 7 btw

A:Cant Connect my Acer Aspire 5532 to the internet, wireless or wired

I am experiencing this same problem since this morning. I receive updates buy I cannot access the internet nor play WOW. I have an Acer Aspire 5532 with ATHEROS NPLIFY 802.11 WINDOWS 7 OS 3 GIG RAM 180 GIG HARD DRIVE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-my-acer-aspire-5532-to-the-internet-wireless-or-wired.1001749/
Relevancy 65.79%

So I installed windows vista 64 bit recently but I have a problem. The internet wont work Wired or Wireless. I check the device manager thing and saw that there was a triangle on my Network adapter(Realtek RTL8101 PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) ) and on my Network Controller and SM Bus Controller.

I have downloaded drivers from Toshiba but when I Run them they say failed to locate Vista64 Folder which I did not touch or tamper with. I just extracted and ran and got that error. I also tried Atheros Drivers but no luck.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Laptop(I also check the bios but everything was enabled.)

Please help this is really frustrating since this is my best pc.

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone,

Right now I have 2 routers, wireless (192.168.1.1) one that is connected to internet and a normal wired (192.168.3.1) one connected to local network.

When I have the wirless connected with the wired one unplugged, I can gain access to the internet.

The minute I plug in the wired one to access the local network, the wireless one still shows connected but the internet connection is lost ONLY on my PC. Other people connected to the wireless can still connect to the internet no problem.

I am running on Windows Vista Business 32bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Wireless internet connection is lost when I connect to a wired router

Any ideas? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-is-lost-when-i-connect-to-a-wired-router.670867/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have found many similar problems to mine, but not the exact one so here goes.

HP Pavilion, Windows 7, 64 bit home premium, i7. Westell 327W wireless router (at&t version)

I have no problem at all connecting to the internet via the wireless connection in my new desktop. But often when I connect with the LAN enabled it simply refuses to connect. The problem is very repeatable with yahoo.com, att.com/speedtest and other sites. I can see and access the rest of my network fine wired only. And on the occasions I have been able to connect, the speed tests are fine.

I just have no idea why it occasionally refuses to connect (have not been able to connect to these sites for several hours now after multiple reboots) via wired and never has any issues over wireless. I have already disabled the router firewall and have the same issue with all non-windows services disabled.

Help!

A:Windows 7 machine fine to internet via wireless / won't connect wired

You need to decide whether the problem is with the wired ports on the router or with the computer that is plugged in. Have you got another computer you can plug in to the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/240493-windows-7-machine-fine-internet-via-wireless-wont-connect-wired.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I am working on my friend s computer it has not been able to connect to the Internet since some time in July Wired or wireless networks he has tried several including where he works school mine and several others through wifi and hooked directly He noticed the problem not or Wired Internet, Wireless Vaio connect Sony to will Solved: started when he attempted to uninstall an antivirus software called WebRoot while he was running the installer for MS Security Essentials The details are a little fuzzy at that point but he says it kept rebooting and a friend of his booted it up in safe Solved: Sony Vaio will not connect to Internet, Wireless or Wired mode and restored the machine to it s last restore point before the issue and then tried installed an updated driver for the wifi adapter as he read it can cause the kind of problem it was having I am not sure if the Internet connectivity problem was happening before this or because of this It s been a few months so it s been forgotten It will recognize wireless networks but then when you attempt to connect it will say it had trouble connecting and is not connected but then says quot limited connectivity quot by the wireless network you tried to connect to When turn wifi off and hook a cable in the Local Area Connection with go from quot network cable unplugged quot to quot enabled quot but will not recognize the network or connect All of the windows tools say it is a driver problem with both I got the computer yesterday and it had no antivirus on it Webroot or MS Security Essentials It had Windows Defender on but it was disabled I went through his programs and deleted useless stuff and programs that I have read cause Internet connectivity problems like Bonjour I ran CCleaner after this rebooted I installed Windows Service pack that I noticed must have downloaded but not been installed back before the problems started No effect on the problem I disabled Windows Firewall tried connecting same problem I re-enabled them I installed MS Security Essentials to make sure it didn t cause the problem of rebooting that my friend had earlier It installed with no problem but it is disabled and it can t run without being connected to get updates it says Finally I moved on to the drivers I removed them all from device manager reinstalled them using the downloads on the SONY site for this specific model added them back They didn t show error by them before uninstall and appeared the same after reinstall No change in anything after reinstall SYSTEM SUMMARY OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name JAMES-VAIO System Manufacturer Sony Corporation System Model VGN-NW F System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc R Y SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name James-VAIO James Time Zone Central Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys SYSTEM SUMMARY gt COMPONENTS gt NETWORK gt ADAPTER Name WAN Miniport SSTP Adapter Type Not Available Product Type WAN Miniport SSTP Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS SSTPMINIPORT Last Reset AM Index Service Name RasSstp IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available Name WAN Miniport IKEv Adapter Type Not Available Product Type WAN Miniport IKEv Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS AGILEVPNMINIPORT Last Reset AM Index Service Name RasAgileVpn IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway... Read more

Relevancy 65.79%

I'm running Vista Home Premium -bit on a Gateway M- FX laptop and I'm unable to get internet via wireless or ethernet It said it was there was a problem with my IP configuration but upon checking the properties IPv4 Wired or Wireless exist Can't to doesn't connect internet because of my wireless adapter where normally ipv and ipv are located in the list there was nothing It wasn't present in my wired adapter's list either I clicked the install button and was able to install ipv back without incident but when I try to install ipv it says quot Could not add the requested feature The error is Access is denied quot The image attached is the area I'm referring to where ipv is missing from I've tried using netsh exe to reset my IP quot stuff quot and winsock but after restarting nothing is different I've uninstalled and reinstalled my driver for both my wireless and wired adapters I've scoured the web and Can't connect to Wired or Wireless internet because IPv4 doesn't exist found a very small few articles of people with the same problem but none of them have found a solution Can anyone here think of anything else that I might try Thanks in advance for any help I receive I can provide any additional information that might help you to diagnose my problem

A:Can't connect to Wired or Wireless internet because IPv4 doesn't exist

Go Start>Run ("Start Search" in Vista/7), type in:sfc /scannowClick OK (hold CTRL, and SHIFT, hit Enter in Vista/7).Have Windows CD/DVD handy (with Vista/7, most likely, you won't need it). If System File Checker (sfc) will find any errors, it may ask you for the CD/DVD (rarely in Vista/7 case).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340422/cant-connect-to-wired-or-wireless-internet-because-ipv4-doesnt-exist/
Relevancy 65.79%

i am having wireless router, is there any problem while connectig to internet if i connect my computer to that router via wired and wireless using two NIC card, both are enabled(active), at the same time

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello there,
Can anybody enlighten me please is it at all possible to set up a network between two computers when one is on a wireless connectio and one wired but both connected to net through same router?

Originally i didn't think it was possible and had dissmissed it as an option for my mothers set up but i'm now questioning the logic for dismissing it. Anyway i'm sure someone here has the required knowledge. Thanks a million Max.

Relevancy 65.79%

I am totally new to networking and have been reading up for a week now and cannot work my issue out I realise this is most likely basic questions but total learning curve is a Network Network and Solved: Wireless Wired testing me out I have just purchased a new PC and the OldPC is still good and works fine so I would like to network even if for short time to move large files over Both PC s run XP Home in SP I have a Speedstream Modem with a Belkin Wireless N Router connected to it and through to new PC with Ethernet Cable I have added a Netgear Wireless G USB Adaptor to OldPC Both are connecting to net and work fine Also purchsed a crossover cable and I tried connecting OldPC to Belkin Solved: Network a Wired and Wireless Network Router and was successful - still got net on old PC so everything seems ok there I have Trend Micro trail version on new PC - at least for a short time and AVG Internet Security on OldPC On the Trend Network page I can only see new PC I can log into Belkin Router and see both PC s Also connected at times are PS and an IPod While I had the crossover connected I could see entries on the Belkin for OldPC However no matter all above the original intent to network the via wireless and or crossover I cannot see either from the other PC When I go to My Network Places and select View Workgroup Computers is says that I do not have access Obviosly I have done something wrong I also suspect it may have something to do with Access Pont but not sure How do I get setup nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Ok so I have a netopia modem wireless router Its all set up Heres the problem Wired computer directly through ANY of the ethernet ports can access router and each other but cannot access internet Cannot ping outside my LAN but Network Good/Wired Wireless Bad Network can ping every other computer inside Wireless connected computers CAN access internet and all computers within my LAN Tried multiple computers multiple patch cables Thought it might be modem but if it was modem then I wouldnt be able to access other computers on my LAN when wired but I can That s what is wierd No firewalls are set up on computers hardwired I even have RealVNC on one computer that IS hard wired into modem router and I can access it via any other computer so wired network is working Its like HTTP settings to wired ports Wireless Network Good/Wired Network Bad is blocked Any ideas At amp t doesnt know either but they agree its probably not router NOTE I also hooked in a second router from the modem and tried from THOSE ports Still same problem nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

I have a comcast modem connected to a netgear wireless router (wgt624). The wireless router connects to a netgear switch (fs108) which from there goes to the pc's in the house. My wireless network works fine but I cant get a connection through the switch.

The ip address through the switch: 169.254.63.132
The ip address through the wireless router: 192.168.1.4

I know thats bad how do I fix?

A:Wireless network good wired network no go

Well, you isolate what the issue is. It could simply be a defective switch or cable.

Since that switch has auto-MDX, you should be able to simply plug a cable into any port on the switch to the router and connect computers to it on the other ports. It's really that simple. If that's not working, and the same cables work when connecting directly to the router, the switch is dead.

Did you try different ports on the switch? Sometimes, only one port dies, and if it's the port that the router is connected to, you won't get any connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-good-wired-network-no-go.834640/