Windows Support Forum

Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range?

Q: Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range?

So here s routers on really signal help range? wifi Does swapping with antennas my situation The wife and I got these email protected phones from T-mobile which lets you use your wifi connection to make phone calls We think this option might finally let us get rid of our land line Anywho my wifi router is in the basement and initially the phones signal reception was spotty So I decided to move the router to the living room just to see if it works any better It does work better but there are still a few weak dead spots in the house not a huge house mind you but it is old and has plaster walls and the like Tonight while I was at Circuit City I spied a wifi antenna that was probably around a Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range? foot tall that claims to dramatically boost your wifi signal I m considering picking it up but am leery as to how well these things work Does anyone use anything like this How noticeable is the difference In the best case scenario I d like to move everything back to the basement and have this new antenna doing what it claims it does so I can Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range? keep the living Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range? room clutter free I ve also considered buying a new Linksys WRT G wireless router and flashing it with the homebrew firmware which apparently greatly boosts the signal strength Could I do this and have it fit my best case scenario Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-swapping-antennas-on-wifi-routers-really-help-with-signal-range.740195/
Relevancy 100.62%
A:wifi antennas 2 or 3 miles range are true deal?

Only answer I could give without seeing the specificatios and the topology of the location is ; yes, no, maybe.

Power output (wattage,dBM), obstacles between antennae (clear line-of-sight), type of antenna (omni-directional or beamed). will all effect the signal.

From my CB days.
Have talked 6 miles using 100 mW a pair of walkies with special beamed antennas and clear line-of-sight. About 40 years ago, just for fun, and had some Ham friends help set it up.
Have been unable to talk to using 5 watt mobile CB rigs with standard whip antennas to some one about 30 feet away on the other side of a building.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-antennas-2-or-3-miles-range-are-true-deal.1036367/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi there I have a problem maybe you all can help with. I have a D-Link DCM-202 Cable Modem. Connected to that is a Belkin Pre-N Router (F5D8230-4). I want to use a Belkin G Plus Router F5D7231-4 as an access point to extend the range of my network so I can sip some ice tea and surf the net from my back yard. So the tek support guy that spoke with such a thick accient that he might as well of been saying "blabby boogy ugga boo" But he said that it's not possible to use the G Plus Router F5D7231-4 as an access point. Is that so? I don't think so. From reading the forums here you all seem pretty able do figure anything out and my problem is just a little out of my leage. Anywho thanks for the help.

Relevancy 83.85%

I am trying to connect two wireless routers in order to extend the range of my wifi signal. Preferably they would be connected wirelessly.

The models are the Virgin Superhub (VMDG480) - which has the internet access - and the Netgear Wireless-G Router WGR614 v9 - which is intended for use as a repeater.

Firstly, is this possible, given that the Netgear model doesn't support client mode or bridging?

Secondly, if this is possible could anyone help me configure these routers? I know about having them on seperate channels and different IP addresses but that is about all I know.

Cheers

A:Solved: Is it possible to connect these two routers to increase wifi range?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-it-possible-to-connect-these-two-routers-to-increase-wifi-range.1055312/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, am struggling to pick up wifi signals around the house with my Xperia Play. I am looking to improve router signal strength, the router isn't the problem but it is the only way to improve signal. I have done the obvious, moved stuff around (including router), checked cordless phones frequency, am just looking to increase its range but am not sure how as the antennas are internal.

A:Improve wifi signal range.

Quote: Originally Posted by Prof Kerfuffle

Hi, am struggling to pick up wifi signals around the house with my Xperia Play. I am looking to improve router signal strength, the router isn't the problem but it is the only way to improve signal. I have done the obvious, moved stuff around (including router), checked cordless phones frequency, am just looking to increase its range but am not sure how as the antennas are internal.

What router? 802.11 b,g,n?

If one specific area isnt covered you may be able to increase range by either an "induction" antenna, a repeated or second router, or an "N" router if yours isnt already.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182316-improve-wifi-signal-range.html
Relevancy 81.7%

very very low signal range and wifi signL Strength is very weak even i sit close to router i try every thing but issue not resolve plz help i use window 8 pro

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-signal-range-and-strength/td-p/5785159
Relevancy 76.97%

JohnWill said Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your and boosters. signal Antennas wireless range The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain amp WiFi Range Extending Products Some of the more interesting products are this Hawking HSB Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster which can be used on either end of a wireless connection to boost the signal power Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas You can choose from omni-directional or directional models here are a couple of examples Hawking HAI SIP Hi-Gain dBi Omni-Directional Antenna Hawking HAI SC Hi-Gain dBi Corner AntennaClick to expand Antennas and signal boosters. Hi John I got a D Link wireless router Two guys from Comcast and a hi tech friend said that D-Link produces a weak signal I need a booster My friend said that I needed a D-Link booster NetGear et al won t work or won t work very well with a different brand Does that apply to these high gain antennas or boosters nbsp

A:Antennas and signal boosters.

I moved your post to it's own thread.

These devices are generic and will work with any 2.4ghz device that has an SMA connection, which is almost all common router/AP brands. I've used them with D-Link, Actiontec, and TrendNET wireless equipment.

Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about.

Note that the kind of "booster" many people think of is a repeater. IMO, this is a bad way to go, because it greatly reduces the available bandwidth for the wireless connection. Repeaters have to receive and transmit the signal to perform their function, which doubles the delays and bandwidth consumed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/antennas-and-signal-boosters.578562/
Relevancy 67.94%

So at my friend s house whenever it rains or bad cloudy day there is no WiFi signal sending from main floor to nd floor So I recommend them to install a Linksys RE range extender to boost the signal on the existing Linksys AC unit and the setup of that extender is wacky It somehow works after a while but w o the GHz band But the other day when they re-plug and good what's signal doesn't day during booster signal & WiFi rainy the work, signal extender? no in that extender there is no signal even on a sunny no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? day So today no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? I try to help them to re-initialize that RE by going thru the instruction totally no signal on a sunny day Now assuming it s a defective DOA unit is there some range extender that is high quality And has a nice and simple setup software just in case pushing the WPS button doesn t work And more importantly should we unplug the extender when you don t use it Or are you suppose to always leave it plug in If you unplug it would you lost all the setting on that extender nbsp

A:no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender?

Ouch!
Use a wire. Extend WiFi via remotely placed access points.

https://hardforum.com/threads/no-wifi-signal-during-rainy-day-and-signal-booster-doesnt-work-whats-the-good-signal-extender.1904091/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I am having problems with the first step of installing a Trendnet wireless n router. When I disconnect my Belkin wireless router and connect the DSL modem directly to my pc to establish a direct connection (Step 1 in the directions) I cannot get online. I have Ameritech/Yahoo DSL with Enternet 300v1.5b software and a Belkin wireless b router. Can I try just replacing the Belkin with the Trendnet router?

A:Solved: Problem swapping routers

What is the make/model of the DSL modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-swapping-routers.781500/
Relevancy 62.78%

So I have a new FX Dominator AGP x x video card get message. Check and AGP vid Swapping card Signal PCI to Why? Replacing a PCI Rage D IIC Installed AGP card got quot Check Signal quot message My questions are as follows Do I need to Uninstall Driver for PCI card in Device Swapping PCI vid card to AGP and get Check Signal message. Why? Manager In the event I am unable to install the AGP card can I just go back to Device Manager and click on quot Update Driver quot to reinstall the PCI card Or do I need to download driver Swapping PCI vid card to AGP and get Check Signal message. Why? from the ATI website Reason I ask this is I could not find the specific driver there Only options on ATI Drivers for XP are Rage Pro Rage Pro and Rage XL But not my IIC After I uninstall driver for PCI card do I need to go into BIOS and tell it under Integrated Peripherals Init Display First and change from PCI to AGP Or should that change automatically when I plug in AGP card I bought a x x card because the guy at the computer store said it would work with my AGP x Is this true Lastly when I go into BIOS Advanced Chipset Features AGP amp P P Bridge Control my two options are X and X Shouldn t this be x if that is what the box for the mobo says If you are reading this and can answer any or all of these questions that would be so cool TIA nbsp

A:Swapping PCI vid card to AGP and get Check Signal message. Why?

all right.

1-Yes, you should uninstall your old driver before installing the new card. Since your old card is ati while the new one is nvidia, you should use driver cleaner to be sure that all the old driver is gone.
2-You probably can but it's recommended that you go to the manufacture's site and download the more updated driver (plus if you use driver cleaner, it will actually wipe most traces of the old drivers(including the one windows comes).
3-Yes, you should actually go into bios to enable the agp. A lot of modern Mobo will detect the card automatically, but just to be sure, you should go into bios and enable the agp.
4-Yes, if yuor mobo support only agp 4, you should buy card with agp 4 support.
5-I am not really sue about the agp & P2p bridge, but I am guessing that you see the agp 2x and 1x is because of the voltage of the mobo. To get truely agp 4x, your card and mobo need to be able to run the voltage of the agp 4x. Some older mobo can run at agp 4x but it's at 3v (or 1.5 not sure). The newer agp 4x card actually runs at a diff voltage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/swapping-pci-vid-card-to-agp-and-get-check-signal-message-why.41180/
Relevancy 62.78%

My living arrangement has it so that my computer is about 25 yards away from the router. I have high speed internet, and if I'm on a laptop right next to the router, I can easily get 30 mb/s. But when I'm at my computer which is 25 yards away, I get speeds of about 8 mb/s or less (often 1 - 2 mb/s).

The router and wireless adapter that I have both seem to be top tier, but I'm not sure:
http://amzn.to/1pcUvtF
http://amzn.to/1oiLkbI

My question is, are there any *significantly* better options than the ones I just linked, as far as signal distance? Or is the current technology in routers and wireless adapters limited?

A:The max range of wireless routers and adapters

To directly answer your question: No.

What should help you out: Drop it to 2.4Ghz rather than 5. That will get you increased range, and through that at a fixed range - faster speeds. You'll lose the ability to run 802.11ac and have to fall back to 802.11n, but you'll be happier since you weren't getting ac speeds anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-max-range-of-wireless-routers-and-adapters.203058/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey all,

I am wanting to extend my wireless range out into my garden for the summer, and as my standard router doesn't have enough distance on it, I wondered if I might be able to use the kit that I have currently to help at all...

Ok, so I have a

Netgear WGR617v7 router (current router)
Netgear WNR 2000V2 router (unused)
2 x Homeplugs (just for Xbox in top bedroom)

I am thinking maybe connecting one router to the other via the homeplug might work, but I have no clue how to go about setting it up, settings etc- anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!

Chris

A:Extend wireless range- 2 routers + homeplug

One way ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-wireless-range-2-routers-homeplug.1054790/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello everyone I have searched for days trying to find the answer to a problem that I m having and haven t come up with any solution I have Connection extend routers to two range wireless two wireless routers a linksys BEFW S and a d-link DI- The D-Link is much faster but the range is horrible The range on the linksys is much better I would like to set them up so that computers connecting within the range of the d-link can take advantage of the speed but outside of the d-link the computer will connect through the linksys Is this even possible Or would it work to set it up so that one computer connects wirelessly through the d-link and one connects through the linksys That could work too I only have one DSL router and the linksys and d-link routers are sitting next too Connection two wireless routers to extend range each other I have tried connecting the linksys with an ethernet cable from the linksys port for internet to an open port on the d-link and configured them similarly but with separate ips Either way nothing I have done has worked and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a solution Your time is much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Connection two wireless routers to extend range

This should work OK I think. I'm not up on wireless, much prefer a bit of wire. I have two ADSL routers on my network (only one connected to my ISP) and all machines hook up OK using DCHP form the connected router. See as you can only have 1 DCHP server the wireless machines will probably need to have static addresses. I would think it will work better if the two routers were not too close.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-two-wireless-routers-to-extend-range.27341/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am running a network with my internet connection coming into a Linksys N router which then feeds another Linksys AC router This creates two distinct networks which my intent is to have isolated from each other It seems to be working pretty well I only really use the second network AC day to day and it runs dual band One issue I am having though is router range I have them set up physically side by side and in using inSSIDer to With Running Poor Routers Range/strength Two scan I can see that no signals are overlapping including my neighbors WiFi Yet when I have them both broadcasting I lose all range on my networks I have it set up in my basement and I barely have a signal on the nd floor storey house and once I go outside it s gone If I disable the N network the range on the AC gets way way better I barely use the Poor Range/strength With Two Routers Running AC network so this solves my Poor Range/strength With Two Routers Running problem but my question is why would this happen If everything is on separate channels shouldn t the interference be eliminated Or is there something else I m missing nbsp

A:Poor Range/strength With Two Routers Running

jools1976 said:

I have them set up physically side by sideClick to expand...

This could be your problem - or a part of it. Even though you have them set up on different channels (and you need to verify that), radio antennas are cut to a specific wavelength for the frequencies they are used for. This allows the antennas to absorb and transmit more efficiently. 802.11n and 11ac use the same frequencies so the antennas may be interfering with each other - this is especially true if the antennas are parallel to each other. I would separate the two wifi routers as much as possible, by 3 feet at the very minimum - opposite sides of the room would be good, and at different heights too. And orient the antennas on different planes so they are not all parallel to each other. If your wireless routers have internal antennas you cannot move about, turn one of the wireless routers 90 from the other.

Most WAPs or APs (wireless access points) are designed to be placed in a relatively high point of a facility, such on the upper level or on a high shelf. So if you could move your wireless routers to the 2nd floor, you probably would have better total coverage.

Make sure your channels are separated by 5 points - so for example, use changes 1 and 6 or 6 and 11.

You also need to study your environment. Make sure other sources of interference are as far away as possible, including other PCs, microwave ovens, cordless phones. Ensure the WAPs are not sitting next to large metal objects, including large ventilation ducts in an adjacent wall or blocking "line of sight" to your 2nd floor devices. Numbers of walls/floors/ceilings between the two endpoints impact signal strength - especially if there are metal pipes, metal ductwork and electrical wires in those barriers. The composition of those barriers matters too - that is, thick brick walls (as often found on bottom floors of home)can absorb/block RF more than simple sheetrock walls.

You may need to look at the wireless adapters on your computers too and perhaps replace them with adapters with external antennas like this or this.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/poor-range-strength-with-two-routers-running.306505/
Relevancy 61.06%

I work from home so having a properly working internet connection is VITAL I was using one wireless N router for my entire house but the wireless range was horrid so I decided to dust off an old router and connect the two I apparently did something wrong because my range hasn t increased and I keep having to reset both routers due to quot limited connectivity quot or quot no connection quot issues I have my Comcast Cable Modem upstairs in my office The modem is connected to the Cable line phone line and a quot Belkin Play N quot Router Also in my upstairs office I have an Epson NX wired wieless network printer connected to the st of four LAN ports on the back of Solved: range..URGENT! Connecting wireless for more two routers my Belkin router Although I can use the printer over a wireless home network I Solved: Connecting two routers for more wireless range..URGENT! d like to keep it as a wired network printer to reduce the amount of wireless quot congestion quot in my house That s it for upstairs but now comes the hard confusing part Originally the Belkin Router was directly connected to my parents E-machines WinXP computer downstairs through a quot dead quot Cat- e cable that we snaked through the wall from the office upstairs to the office downstairs I call it a quot dead quot cable because it s not actually connected to the internet it s a long piece of Cat- e cable connected from an ethernet port in the wall upstairs to an ethernet port in the wall downstairs and nothing else so technically the cable just links the upstairs to the downstairs get it All other network devices connected wirelessly to the Belkin router upstairs with this set up There are a few problems with that set-up First the Belkin router upstairs doesn t provide adequate wireless coverage around my house and yard Second the Belkin router upstairs isn t a convenient place to hook up my handheld grocery scanner kind of like the ones you use at Stop amp Shop The scanner needs to be in a spot that is convenient for me to get to in other words it needs to be downstairs and it needs a direct WIRED connection to a router in order to send and receieve information So I wanted to expand my wi-fi coverage area to hopefully get a stronger signal downstairs and in my backyard and provide a direct connection for my grocery scanner by connecting another router downstairs as a quot bridge quot or quot repeater quot I don t know the diff between the two lol So I connected a Netgear Rangemax Bv router downstairs to LAN port on my Belkin Router upstairs by using the ethernet cable we snaked through the wall I set-up both routers and everything worked fine for days Now I randomly lose my internet connection and have to reset both routers at least twice a day Also the wireless range hasn t changed downstairs or outside I DON T KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG LOL I m good with computers but networking still gives me trouble I ve also never tried linking two routers before If you know how to solve my problem I would be eternally grateful nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I have been setting up wireless networks for years; but, working alone and learning all I have from first-hand experience, I don't get much exposure to the wide variation of available wireless technology. I see routers with one, two and three antannaes, N, pre N and a bunch of advertising hype I don't trust. After all, it is what they avoid telling me in the ads that is often most important.

If I wanted a router with the longest range and one that would penetrates walls better than any other, what should I look for?

Brands aren't important to me; I want to know about the technology and standards, and which technology will give me the most penetration and range.

A:Wireless Routers--which ones offer longest range, most penetration?

Check the chart:
http://computershopper.com/techmarket/wifi_router_techmarket_charts

I recommend and use Hawking HWRGM1A.

I highly recommend all hawking products, includin the HBB1 Broadband Booster and the Hi-Gain HSB2 WiFi Signal Booster.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-routers-which-ones-offer-longest-range-most-penetration.517553/
Relevancy 61.06%

My Sprint HTC EVO phone is cheaper and faster than my AT&T broadband connection so I want to drop AT&T and use sprint.

The problem is I have a few devices such as a Blu-ray player, a Direct TV DVR and other items that need to be hard wired.

I want to use my phone as a WiFi hot spot then pick up the signal with a device and plug my Direct TV DVR into the device with an ethernet cable.

Sprint was unable to help and someone on another non-tech site suggested a Engenius Network ESR9850.

Does anyone know if this will work, or if there are other options available

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-to-convert-a-wireless-wifi-signal-to-a-wired-ethernet-signal.1003226/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I just noticed that my wifi signal bars stay at full bars and does not change even if the signal is truly low I realized this only recently when I transferred to our bedroom which supposedly had the worst signal in the house but the signal bar still stays at full Whenever I click on it the real signal will appear and does not currently real at not signal always Wifi Signal full bars - matching match the one shown in the system tray icons Note My current wireless network adapter is Intel Dual Band Wireless AC- Updated to Windows Anniversary Update on August Solutions I've Wifi Signal always at full bars - not matching real signal tried but failed to fix it Uninstalling the wireless network adapter restarting PC and scanning for hardware changes although it did show the true signal for a second then went to full bars Updating the wireless network adapter to no success in fixing it Also tried rolling back the driver to the original one Turning Network system tray icons on and off in the windows settings And BEFORE doing that I was also trying to fix various problems Wifi Signal always at full bars - not matching real signal that also came with my laptop Updated Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia drivers which seemingly fixed my BSOD problems that never again happened since then Updated my BIOS to the latest which fixed black screen restarting problems when laptop wakes up from sleep NOTE all the drivers ive installed came from the manufacturer's model's support website for my specific laptop I've fixed all the other problems of my laptop but I can't seem to fix the wifi signal bar staying at full Below is an attached image of my problem

A:Wifi Signal always at full bars - not matching real signal

You do not need to scribble out the names on that screenshot, since it will do nothing for any of us. That signal graphic is just like on a cellphone. It does not mean anything. There are a lot of factors why you can have great radio signal, but have interference causing a blackout or outage. If you want to see a snapshot of all signals your wifi adapter is seeing, open up a Command Window as administrator and type it 'netsh wlan show all'.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61928-wifi-signal-always-full-bars-not-matching-real-signal.html
Relevancy 60.2%

hello dudes i need serious help for my computer OKay my spec of my cpu would be AMD Athlon tm dual core processor GHz GB of RAM im using a radeon x graphic card with ATI Catalyst control centre installed IM using a LG s lcd screen THe first game i installed was MEdal of Honour Pacific assult and i first set the graphics to hz refresh but after a few range out signal of minutes in the game the monitor would go blank and a blue messge come out saying signal out of range followed by hz The weird thing is i then tried setting my com resolution to with a refresh rate of hz the error message would come out saying quot hz quot now it seems that my refresh rate has dropped Is there any way i can solve this issue it not only happening to this game but also to my splinter out of range signal cell game i tried setting the splinter cel to but the same thing happens I beg for your help nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a intel 915 Gav motherboard,3gb Ram and an ATI X300 graphic card.I have installed win Vista.During my normal use i dont encounter any problems.The time i start a game,i get the signal out range message.The game starts with no problem but the "SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE" message get displayed on the screen and doesnt go.

Any ideas.

A:SIgnal out of range

Your game is trying to use a resolution not supported by your monitor.
Change the graphics resolution or the refresh rate in your game to solve this problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/281552-signal-out-range.html
Relevancy 60.2%

On certain games my son trys to play on his computer he get's the message "signal over range" and the game will not play. The computer has a 3.3 ghz processor, 512mb ram and a 256mb g-force 6200 graphics card. Could anyone please help.

A:Signal Over Range

If this only happens during specific games its most likely that the game options are set to run at a resolution / frequency rate that your monitor can't handle. When you run the launcher to start the offending games go into the video options and make sure the resolution and frequency rates are set to something your monitor can handle (ie: the same as your desktop settings or lower)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/signal-over-range.546891/
Relevancy 60.2%

My uncle's comupter recently gave him the message "Signal over range". he turned it off by the mains after that becasue he dosnt know much about computers. Now when i tried turning it back on, the monitos doesnt display anything, just stays black plus no power seems to be getting to they keyboard either.

Any help?

Antony

A:signal over range

Does the computer have a discrete graphics card (as in it takes up a slot on the motherboard), or integrated graphics (no card visible). Based on the problem described, I would guess that the computer's motherboard has a fault in it, resulting in a lack of connection to the keyboard as well as failed graphics. A model for the computer would be very nice .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/signal-over-range.1056516/
Relevancy 60.2%

So anytime I play wow after a few minutes to a couple hours my computer will freeze up, sound will loop and the screen will say signal out of range, set to 1680 X 1050 at 60hz. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but my Nivida Geforce 555 already has these settings.

I'm using windows 7 and I can't change my monitor(display) settings to 60, it reverts back to 59 because of some rounding thing windows 7 dose. Because of this wow also locks to 59 hz even though the nvida settings are 60hz, due to the monitor. Is there any way to lock ether wow or the monitor settings to 60hz to stop it from crashing?

I use a 2208wfp monitor from dell.
I use a Nvida Geforce 555 video card.
I use windows 7 home premium.
I have reinstaled my video drives and updated them.
It crashes like this on TF2 also but not Lol.

Any advice would be fantastic.

A:Signal out of range?

Maybe there's a piece of software to force my refresh rate? Anything at this point would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/223970-signal-out-range.html
Relevancy 60.2%

could any one enlighten me as to what it means when my monitor displays 'signal over range'?

Relevancy 59.34%

I just got fios installed in my house. It comes with the wireless router...which is setup downstairs on the family pc. All my stuff...xbox, laptop, pc, psp, ps3 are all up stairs where the signal is weak. I have the old wireless router still. Can I set that up somehow so that I can get a better signal upstairs with all of my stuff?

A:Two routers boost signal?

Some routers have the option of extending a wireless network, look for info on the one you have to see if that option is available. You'll just need to find a way to hook both routers together.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-routers-boost-signal.95457/
Relevancy 59.34%

When i turn my Acer Aspire desktop on OF OUT please!! RANGE... hep INPUT SIGNAL it shows me the start up but as soon as the Log on screen is meant to show up the screen goes black and a message pops up saying quot hep please!! INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE... Input signal out of range Change settings to x - Hz quot I would be able to change these settings if it actually let me on to the computer I ve tried starting hep please!! INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE... up in safe mode but hep please!! INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE... it stops loading and sort of freezes for about minutes then the same input signal message shows up I know its something to do with the computer because other monitors do the same thing and I ve tried connecting using other cables and still have the same problem Please please please help me fix it Preferably so that the computer still has my files on it because I need the computer for my studies and I can t afford to get a professional to fix it as i have a baby on the way Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

K please someone help me on this: recently when I have tried to adjust my display settings (on control panel display and settings and screen resolution) the lowest which I am used to doing, my screen has gone black when I have applied it which is normal but then it comes up "input signal out of range" this is the first time it has ever done this for me when applying another screen resolution. Usually its never a problem and because of this I cannot seem to run any games, my screen just flashes briefly when I open them and nothing happens. I have I done a windows reinstall but it did not change anything.

Can anyone help me out here? anyone else suddenly gotten this when they have messed around with display screen resolutions? what on earth is it and how can I rectify it. Thanks.

Relevancy 59.34%

We got a new computer and son decided that resolution was not sharp enough..he changed and now we have input signal out of range...

I want to go to system repair to fix?!? but the machine when it comes up is too fast for me to grab anything before it gives me black screen and a box with the need this resolution box .....but no way to access!!! then goes into sleep mode.

I am on my other computer asking for HELP!!!!! tHE TECH GUY WHO TOLD ME YESTERDAY MY COMPUTER WHICH THIS ONE REPLACED, WAS DEAD IN THE WATER...HE IS WILLING TO COME BACK TOMORROW AND FIX THE PROBLEM FOR $80...CAN WE DO A LITTLE BETTER HERE?....THANKS, SHENE

A:input signal out of range

I can tell you how to do it for free....

When the PC is booting and you get past the BIOS screen hit the F8 key and then pick to go into Safe mode.
In safe mode set the resolution to something like 640x480 (or anything your monitor supports that is on on the list)
Then reboot your computer.
This time when raising the resolution test it before applying them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/input-signal-out-of-range.787965/
Relevancy 59.34%

ive installed windows 7 but as soon as i installed my graphics card and restarted my computer i got the message SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE. I've tryed lowering the resolution but still not working. please help

A:Solved: signal out of range

boot to safe mode & uninstall graphics card drivers, reboot normally and windows should redetct it & install the correct drivers at the coreect resolution

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-signal-out-of-range.1054422/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have just purchased a Hannsg hw191d monitor. I try to install and get the message Input Signal Out of Range and a blank screen. So I'm unable to use the start up disc. How do I get around this as I switch off another message flashes No Signal Input Check Video Cable. In sending this message I have to revert to my old Hyama monitor. Can you please help this Old Chap with little computing knowledge.

A:Input signal out of range

Hello,

Regardless of what make/model monitor you attach to your computer, you should still always see the black screen with white writing (Boot/Post screen). So, I'm afraid that it looks like there is a problem either with the monitor cable or the monitor itself.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/input-signal-out-of-range-220838.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Greetings,

I have a Dell Dimension 5150 wih XP Home SP3.
After an IT shop reload of XP Home the unit goes through a routine start-up and black screens"INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE" after the Windows XP flag appears. Of course nothing moves after that.
The Dell will start in the SAFE mode.
I have attached both a CRT monitor and a Hanspree HF237 flat screen with identical results.
The Control Panel Display settings have no effect in either resolution or color bit sizing.
Is this an output frequency issue? But, why does the unit work in SAFE mode.
It appears that the OS may have been changed by the SP3.
The Dell tech guys are still chewing on this one. And may continue to for a while.
Thank you in advance for your leadership on this.

A:INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE

FWIW: Out of range messages...usually are monitor situations.

I'd try uninstalling the video drivers in safe mode, then rebooting.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297516/input-signal-out-of-range/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello i recently got my computer fixed because there were to many viruses so they erased everything but before we sent it in to be fixed everything worked fine it was just slow and no shortcuts could be accessed or anything worked all you could see was the background and now that its back i plugged everything in it was all good and ok but after the windows XP home edition page and the other start up pages i get a black screen with the message quot input signal out of range quot and the bottom of the little box its in says quot power management in seconds quot and begins to count down and it dissappears but nothing happens ive looked around on google but most problems dont sound like mine so i thought id register on here and post my question And by the way im at my dads house asking this so if anyone has ideas just reply them and ill write it down and try it tomorow hopefully it will work

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/input-signal-out-of-range-279919.html
Relevancy 59.34%

When I turn on my computer an HP pavilion m y running of Input range signal out XP I get a black screen with the message quot Input signal out of range Change settings to x hz quot I ve tried holding down f when I turn it back on but no luck I should Input signal out of range note this was preceded by me installing sophos then starting it to clean what was already probably a very infected system spybot found click gift load but couldn t get rid of it Sophos found tdl mem-b I stopped the cleaning then right clicked it to clean a few things It found something on what was a changed windows defender however The very last function I did was was my hp tv-tuner interface and thats when it froze I turned it off and since then no luck even getting into windows I wonder if I m completely screwed at least data files we re all backed up on an external hard drive Any help is much appreciated Input signal out of range Thanks

Did you download and run Wise Registry cleaner by SOPHOS?

This is not a suggestion, only a question. The staff here at BC does not endorse the use of registry cleaners as the tradeoff isn't worth the use of these programs. More importantly, if you make an error while running one of these programs you can make changes to the registry which can result in rendering your computer inoperable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396290/input-signal-out-of-range/
Relevancy 59.34%

My sister has recently bought a new PC whicch has Vista (which I am not too familiar with).

All is going well and she can play a number of games, however when she tries to run 'Jewel Quest' 1 or 2 she is getting an intermittent message 'Signal over range', i.e. sometimes it does launch ok and she can play it, and other days it just won't load and just displays the message.

I have done a search and it appears to be an issue with the monitor screen resolution, but I am puzzled why it is just this game, and also that it is intermittent.

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/signal-over-range-on-vista.676192/
Relevancy 59.34%

Ok today I installed Windows XP to my computer Before I had Windows Media Edition XP something like that Our computer was giving up problems and someone suggested we just start over and reinstall XP and now we have XP professional Now when it loaded up the resolution is at x Originally the computer was at x so I know for a of out range? signal Input fact it s capable of going to that Input signal out of range? resolution But when I try to change it it says quot Input status out of reach quot I notice many drivers need to be updated but I cannot find my particular video driver It Input signal out of range? s ATI Radeon the video card monitor and I cannot find it I think this is the problem Can somebody help me please Also this is my second time installing it today The first time I kept trying to change the resolution and the screen just STUCK to the error floating and would shut off the monitor I tried putting the video cable in and out again but nothing Thanks for reading help appreciated Also this is my computer specs http h www hp com bizsupport TechS ectID c

A:Input signal out of range?

This site <<--lists details for Raedon Xpress 200 and should include links to your drivers - (as listed in your specs ) -Thanks -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314855/input-signal-out-of-range/
Relevancy 59.34%

Apologies if this isnt the right place to post this, but I have a bit of a strange problem

playing star wars the old republic, when i try to start up the game in full screen mode, the monitor goes back and says "input signal out of range". from what I understand thats the game trying to run at a resolution the monitor doesn't support. went and edited the config file for star wars, get the game going in windowed mode, only now there is tremendous lag, from what i can tell its like a combination of framerate lag and network lag

was able to play the beta client (which is literally the same client they used at release) full screen just fine, no issues whatsoever, everything ran smooth

changing the resolution and refresh rate in game didn't really help anything, graphics are as low as they can be, etc

anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

A:input signal out of range

Does your system meet these minimum requirements copied from the game's site: Processor:

* AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
* Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
* Operating System: Windows XP or later

RAM:

* Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
* Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

* ATI X1800 or better
* nVidia 7800 or better
* Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive ? 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/input-signal-out-of-range-620286.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello i recently got my computer fixed because there were to many viruses so they erased everything but before we sent it in to be fixed everything worked fine it was just slow and no shortcuts could be accessed or anything worked all you could see was the background and now that its back i plugged everything in it was all good and ok but after the windows XP home edition page and the other start up pages i get a black screen with the message quot input signal out of range quot and the bottom of the little box its in says quot power management in seconds quot and begins to count down and it dissappears but nothing happens ive looked around on google but most problems dont sound like mine so i thought id register on here and post my question And by the way im at my dads house asking this so if anyone has ideas just reply them and ill write it down and try out of Input range signal it tomorow hopefully it will work

There is nothing wrong with the PC it the connection between the monitor abd PC. unplug the cord and pug it back in again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/input-signal-out-of-range-279917.html
Relevancy 59.34%

i was configuring my HDTV and accidently set on wrong settings and then accidently saved it. now i cant see anything. it says input signal out of range after booting to the login screen where u login to ur user.

will system recovery change the resolution back?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/input-signal-out-of-range-335635.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Dear sir/,madamWhen ia use input 2, the monitor works fine. When ia use input 1 - with the same cable and vga card - the  screen is black -even in post or bios - and the mesage aks me to set 1024x768/60HZ.When is switch to input 1 - via the input button - a message says that curent settings is 1392x398.Default settings didn't fix the problem.Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/INPUT-SIGNAL-OUT-OF-RANGE/td-p/5602945
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Everyone,

On a second computer I have (the kids computer) we just started get this message. It appears every few minutes and is a red box on a black background.

Signal Frequency
Is Out Of Date
FH> (some number)Hz FV (some number)Hz
Please Change
Signal Timing

Some number is a number range between 80ish and 70ish, it changes based on the monitor frequency I set. I think this has to do with the monitor frequency, which has always been set at 60 Hz.

Does anyone know what the heck this thing is, and most importantly, how I fix it?

Thank you in advance,

OSC

A:Signal Frequency is out of Range

control panel>display>settings>advanced settings>monitor

see if you can push the refresh rate up to above 70

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/signal-frequency-is-out-of-range-126015.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I've purchased netgear n, thinking that was the problem but that is not it.
I'm trying to get my processor to show thru the tv. I had the vga connected and I tried hdmi, still get the message "input signal out of range". I have a quad core, gateway intel, windows 7, vista 64 bit.
This worked on my other tv but want it on a bigger tv.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/input-signal-out-of-range.983449/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey All,

I have a question regarding extending my wireless network throughout my building.

I have on hand three Linksys WRT54GL wireless routers and am wanting to use all three to expand the coverage area of my signal.

What I am thinking is, using the latest firmware from Linksys, hard wiring the cable modem to the main router and then configuring each of the other two routers with a different IP, placing them a distance in either direction from the main central router. It sounds logical on paper, but can it be done?

If so, can anyone walk me through the process, or at least direct me to a link where this process is explained in detail?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 58.91%

I just installed a new graphics card on my pc. When I boot, I get a box that says

Signal out of range
H: 45.0KZH V: 85.7Hz
Mode should be below ...
1280x1024 75Hz

How do I do this?

Frank....

A:New graphics card says SIGNAL Out Of RANGE

Boot in safe mode, set the video resolution and refresh to within the limits of the monitor.
Then reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-says-signal-out-of-range.572859/
Relevancy 58.91%

I m at a loss here Me and my dad have tried everything out signal range of Solved: input we could think of to fix it with no luck Whenever I try Solved: input signal out of range to play certain games World in conflict Solved: input signal out of range full screen more recently I got this issue with Combat Arms Bad Company my computer crashes and the screen says Input Signal out of range I don t think it s the refresh rate seeing as I can ONLY change it to ONE refresh rate and seeing as its already ON it hmm any help would be greatly appreciated Specs Intel i processor Radeon HD graphics no idea on the sound card xD the monitor is a hannspree Hf PLEASE help PS I have NEVER been able to run world in conflict in full screen If i put it in windowed mode then move the res up it acts as full screen and works fine or bad company not at all in any mode whatsoever This is driving me crazy I REALLY want to play bad company If this is in the wrong section sorry nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I have XP Home Office...and I had a very dark screen for some reason so I tried to brighten it. I did this by upping my contrast and my brightness on my monitor, no luck. I thought that maybe I would change the pixels and that might make a difference. I did this in the display settings and promptly got Error message : Input signals overrange ..etc, garbled snowy screen. I have tried upteen times to fix this problem on my own and followed ms directions carefully per their website which was less than helpful. The xp defaults are a little different and I tried them all, I think anyway with no success. Please help!

A:Input signal overworking range

You need to boot into Safe Mode (repeatedly press the F8 key as the computer boots up, use the arrow keys on the keyboard to choose Safe Mode from the boot menu you get) and reset the resolution and/or refresh rate to that which your monitor can handle, then reboot into normal mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/input-signal-overworking-range.170062/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all,

My mom just got a new laptop from work and Im trying to get it to connect to our wireless network at home. When I try to connect the status hangs at "Detecting network type" then gives me an error that says "Unable to connect. The signal might be out of range." So I movd it right next to the router and still the same thing. The laptop connects just fine when connected through a wire. Thanks for any help.

Curtis

Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys I recently got assassins creed black flag and metal gear solid ground zeroes for my computer When I started to play it on my standard video card the game was heavily pixelated but still worked and I could play it normally however because the graphics were bad I bought a new video card which is the Nvidia Geforce GTX When I got through installing the drivers etc I was able to use my computer normally for normal activites and set the resolution to x at hz my monitor s native resolution The problem is that when I start playing a game the graphics are perfect however one-two minutes in to playing either game my monitor HP w h blacks out and gives the message input sigal out of range - change to x hz My out Mid-game range Input - signal of resolution for assassins Input signal out of range - Mid-game creed has already been set specifically at the required normal resolution and I have set my nvidia control panel at the required resolution also with there being an over-ride to stop games from scaling it otherwise I have already gone on multiple forums and done the changes they ask like reinstalling the drivers for both the video card and the monitor and I have fiddled around with the resoluton part of my nvidia control panel having every combination of all of the options of scaling etc The difference between my case and the cases Input signal out of range - Mid-game I have read on forums is the fact that Input signal out of range - Mid-game the monitor goes black as soon as the game is turned on and it resolves when people change the resolution but my games are all on the correct resolution anyway and I can run the game for a minute or two before the screen goes black Any ideas help solutions would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Input signal out of range - Mid-game

Hi and welcome to TSG.

For anyone to give a reasonably informed response we need to know more about the machine in question. Please provide the follwing:

1) The exact make and model of the machine, assuming its a 'big brand' PC like a HP, Dell Asus etc?
2) If the above, have you changed anything else other than the graphics card?
3) What was your previous graphics card?
4) What operating system are you using and is it 32 or 64 bit?
5) If it is a self / custom build, please provide the full make and model for the motherboard, processor (CPU), RAM, power supply, etc. The more info the better. If you are unsure download the TSG System Info Utility (in my signature), run that and copy / paste the information it gives in to a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/input-signal-out-of-range-mid-game.1149100/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all, I just bought an acreage about 20km from the nearest portable wireless internet provider. What I want to do is boost the range of the portable unit(will be either Rogers or Sympatico). How would I go about it? I was thinking I would get a dish to focus it in the general direction of the tower. The lay of the land is pretty flat. Is there any suggestions on how to do something of the sort. Oh I'm not against satellite internet but it's pricy, so I'm looking for something a little less costly per month.

A:long range signal boosting

20 KM is a long way to be pushing wireless. I don't think there is an inexpensive way. Talk to your provider. Put up a small tower. They are not real expensive. Your provider can probably make suggestions. We have them every mile out here in the desert to make the relays work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-range-signal-boosting.73693/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am using HP Desktop Workstation with Windows 10 installed and 64-bit version. Today while i was running the PC, it suddenly restarted for automatic installation of updates. And then, a black screen was displayed with windows 10 logo and few circles rotating under it.

Later, it showed INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE. I am neither able to change the display settings nor go to settings by pressing F8 key.

Requesting for help. It is urgent.

Hoping for a fast reply.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/66306-how-fix-input-signal-out-range-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

i have windows xp on my back up computer (1.7 ghz p4 - old!). I was trying to create some room on it and I think I may have been a bit delete happy.

When I load up I can see the screen, the windows xp loading page appears and all seems well. As soon as I get to the point where I expect the desktop to appear it goes blank and signal over range comes up. This would indicate that the monitor wasnt speaking to the computer but it clearly does otherwise I wouldnt see the screen at all.

I should also point out that the first time this happened the computer rebooted and when it scanned the disk(s) it made 5 corrections - these included copying files and some other things I cant remember.

Any ideas? I do have an old school monitor that I may use.

A:signal over range - strange problem

"signal out of range" means the monitor is receiving a signal from the computer it is not capable of displaying.

Try booting into safe mode and changing the video settings.

If that doesn't help, try the other monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/signal-over-range-strange-problem.671391/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have Windows XP pro, and a CTX-1451 Monitor

(I also have windows 98SE)

when i start up i get past the windows xp splash screen, and then the monitor goes blank, and a box with RGB dashes, and the words "Signal out of range --- 99.0 KHz 121.0 Hz"

I changed my monitors refresh rate a week ago to 120, even thought i knew it shouldnt work (dosent support it) but it did for a while, then once it started up and said that.

I cant see, to change the refresh rate.

I tried safe mode, but the refresh rate is one of teh few things that you cant change in safe mode ,

Is there another way of changing the refresh mode
(maybe from windows 98??)

please help

thanks!

A:{RESOLVED}monitor- Signal out of range

What you can do in safe mode is uninstall the video drivers, this will revert it to VGA mode, then you can reinstall the drivers and use the proper settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-monitor-signal-out-of-range.112688/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, school holidays and I think the kids have changed the scree resolution on the computer. Every time I turn it on it says Input signal out of range, I have tried starting it in safe mode but when I click enter it just goes to a black screen with the message in the middle, so I can't get it to open to change the screen resolution.
I tried to open it in last known good configuration, Low screen resolution just about everything but nothing will happen. I saw in a answer to my problem to open in VGA mode but that option isn't there.
Has anyone got any ideas. Tried to connect it to the tv to get a bigger screen, but it come up input not supported.
HELP

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi and merry christmas to all,

My xfx 4890 was a replacement for my 9800gt and they're both hdmi ready. I used to watch blu-ray with my old 9800gt in 1080p resolution and no problems. With my new 4890, I tried the 1080p but the monitor says "input signal out of range" with black borders around the monitor. So im stuck in 1680x1050.

I have a hp w2207h widescreen lcd monitor that supports vga and hdmi.

The connector im using in my 4890 is a converter dvi to hdmi it's from my 9800gt. the xfx didn't provide a hdmi connector.

I've also updated the ati ccc driver for my card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-4890-input-signal-out-of-range.140207/
Relevancy 58.05%

I installed a Netgear RangeMax WPN router over the weekend and noticed something odd When I scan the available wireless networks on a Toshiba laptop with integrated Atheros g SuperG I believe adapter I see the SSID for the Netgear router and signal strength is quot Excellent quot The distance from the router is about ft or so at the opposite end about strength wirless Question in signal and changes routers of the house and down one story When I connect to the Netgear router using WPA security the signal strength drops to quot Very Low quot I m using WZC to manage the connection I can get to the Internet ok AND I even get a mbps connection to the router When I have the laptop in the same room as router signal strength remains quot Excellent quot as expected When the laptop is far away from the router why does the signal strength change from quot Excellent quot to quot Very Low quot after I get connected to the network Peace nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Are signal boosters needed with all cable wireless routers?

A:Wireless Cable Routers and Signal Booster

Hi, No, usually not- if the signal from the cable company is low, perhaps. There can be some wiring problems, if the TV cable is not "split" right, running cable directly to the cable modem is preferred, not from a splitter inside the house at a TV set back to pc. Long distances might require booster, or some obstructions that cause interference might. Usually you can move things around, point wireless adpater's antenna to pick up better signal. I have heard of metal things nearby causing connection problems, too.
Read: http://www.file.cc/Linksys_WSB24_WirelessB_Signal_Booster_B000085BD7.html

Don't know if I'd pay that price....available for about $55 at other sites- that was just the 1st I saw as I posted...

http://www.cnet.com/4520-7605_7-1023478-4.html

some good tips at the above link....hope it helps! Perhaps someone who uses a booster can provide more....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-cable-routers-and-signal-booster.190728/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys,

I'm very new to networking so please forgive my lack of understanding!

Recently moved into a mates house, the router for the Internet is a Netgear Super G and manages to transmit a pretty good signal to most of the house - apart from my room at the other side of the house.

Now, I also have the same router (Netgear Super G) and was wondering if it was possible to use this to boost/spread the signal to reach my room?
The router has one modem input and 4 Ethanet cable sockets...

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
James

A:Using multiple routers to boost/spread a signal

I don't consider networking my strongest point.

But I'm pretty certain you can't if anything they would probably knock each others signal out (if they're on the same channel).

There are signal boosters you can buy but they're not very good either, if you want some extra speed out of your wireless I would advice getting a "N" router, it's one up from Super G but you need an "N" adapter for your computer as well.

Hope this answered your question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-multiple-routers-to-boost-spread-a-signal.106320/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have an old pc from MicroCadd that I want to repair. Here is what happens. when I turn on it loads to xp loading screen then suddenly it re-boots, then tried to load xp the second time and a message comes up saying "Input signal out of range" , what could be causing this ?

A:repair old pc,re-loads Input signal out of range ?

"Input signal out of range"That means you have the screen resolution set too high, it's beyond what the monitor can handle. Reboot, tap the F8 key, then select Enable VGA Mode. That should get you into Windows, then you can correct the setting.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/repair-old-pcreloads-input-signal-out-of-range-/203017.html
Relevancy 58.05%

it says input signal ut of rangeCurrent Mode:H = 13.5KHz, V = 12HzChange Mode to: 1920 x 1080 60Hz. I checked it is already in the same mode. Tried several times

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP2534-Monitor-input-signal-out-of-range-whenever-I-run-GTA/td-p/5795472
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I had to do a clean install of my Windows XP since the hard drive became corrupted, fortunately I was able to repair it with the Genuine CD, but in the middle of the installation... my Cornea Mp503 became blank and it told me this:

"H:67 KHz V:75 Hz input signal out of range"

then I decided to turn the PC off and then turn it back on, fortunately the PC successfully began to restart the Windows installation, but then boom! the screen turned blank and it told me that exact same input error again, I'm thinking that it may be the monitor, Any help would be appreciated, Thank you!

A:Input signal out of Range?! (including more problems)

Usually that error is provided by the monitor, when it detects that the input is working at a refresh rate or resolution unsuitable for the monitor, and hence can't use it. It happens the most when people try to change their viewing settings, however Windows usually reverts back to the previous settings if you don't accept the changes after 15 seconds. In your case, you don't have a choice because Windows is trying to choose optimum (and incorrect) screen settings.
Do you have another monitor that you can borrow to correct the problem with first?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/input-signal-out-of-range-including-more-problems-592762.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Since I upgraded my desktop to Windows 10, there is an error message saying: Input signal out of range; change settings to 1920x1080x60Hz. This is however already the case. After the error message appears, I can't do anything untill the monitor goos to sleep. This is very annoying. Anyone with a solution for this?

A:Input signal out of range for HP2311x using Windows10

Hi @Conny2, Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your display is coming up with an Out of Range message on start up after upgrading to Windows 10. I am happy to assist with this. Try starting your computer in HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 8). See if the the display comes up without the out of range message in that case.   If it works then it is going to be either a driver issue or a display setting on your system that needs to be adjusted. See the HP 2311x 23-inch Diagonal LED Monitor page for utilities that could help with keeping your drivers up to date. Also, as it is an Acer computer you may want to check with them over this. Acer Support. -www.acer.com  There could be something related to the graphics driver for the computer in play. Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Input-signal-out-of-range-for-HP2311x-using-Windows10/td-p/5562928
Relevancy 58.05%

HELP! I am very frustrated, and have done everything possible. I've upgraded an XP to Windows 7. While updating the OS, the monitor says Input Signal Out of range, recommended settings 1440x900 60Hz

I have already tried the safe mode, but it does not let me because it shows Phoenix Award BIOS CMOS in the DOS mode. It says press 'DEL' to setup, because it does not do anything as I frantically press F8, F5, F10!!! You name it, I pressed it. I went to the BIOS menu and selected
>Advanced BIOS features
>I selected First Boot Device as CD-ROM
>I've selected Load-Fail-Safe Defaults

I've done everything!!! It does not get me into safe mode...I've tried 2 different monitors and the same problem. This only happened as soon as Windows 7 replaced XP system. I am very frustrated because it's becoming more of a problem then a solution!!! Please help....Thank you

A:Input signal out of range!! When upgrading to windows 7

were both monitors the same? as it could be that windows 7 displays at a resolution/frequency that your screens dont support. but then again it should support 800x600.. as it would be silly not to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/190958-input-signal-out-range-when-upgrading-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone I recently upgraded my Windows operating system to Windows Everything seemed to be working pretty well except that the resolution didn't seem to fit very well the screen was somewhat stretched and distorted and any alternate settings that I chose caused black edges to appear on one or both sides 10 Windows of signal Update Input range after out of the screen It was still workable though Then after a few days I noticed that Input signal out of range after Windows 10 Update the monitor was starting to becoming even more Input signal out of range after Windows 10 Update grainy and distorted than before Finally I restarted the computer only to receive the following error message quot Input signal out of range Changes settings to x Hz quot The screen continues to display this message and does not move on to any other screens Being unable to make any changes I started the computer in safe mode I clicked on Display Settings -- gt Advanced Display settings and tried to change the resolution to x but there is no option for that - it is currently set on x Furthermore when I click on quot Display Adapter Properties quot in order to try to change the screen refresh rate the only option available is Hz not Can anyone recommend a solution for this I never had any sort of problems with the monitor when I had my previous operating system In case it helps I have an HP xi monitor It is connected to the CPU via a VGA cord -TG

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/65397-input-signal-out-range-after-windows-10-update.html
Relevancy 58.05%

whats a good router that gives a decent signal, my computer is across the house almost from the access point, and the D-LINK router i have is junk, picks up a horribily weak signal. It works good when my labtop is across the room or maybe 1 - 2 rooms over but if i go upstairs its horrible. I admit it is a cheap router, was wondering if i bought a Linksys router for around $50-65 would the signal be stronger, so i can access the network even when im upstairs. ??

Relevancy 57.62%

hello,

iam using windows 7 professional 32 bit. my laptop is hp elitebook 2560. my laptop is capturing signal, i am able to connect to internet also. But in wifi icon,on wifi bar cross mark is showing up.

A:wifi signal bars not showing but connected to wifi

Do you have another user account on this computer? Are you able to see the Network indicator in the notification toolbar on that account? Follow the steps in this documentto create a new user account. If you do find that the icon is in the notification taskbar, you may also use those steps to recover from a corrupted user profile.
Let us know if this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366004-wifi-signal-bars-not-showing-but-connected-wifi.html
Relevancy 57.62%
A:wifi low signal & can't detect any wifi after upgraded windo...

Same issue is with my system as well Product Name-- HP 240 G4-328TXOS-- Windows 10, 64 bits. Somebody please reply ASAP  Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-low-signal-amp-can-t-detect-any-wifi-after-upgraded/td-p/5296494
Relevancy 57.62%

hi can you plz answer

i was fiddleing around with my computer because i though i had low quility so i got a new intel but the supid video told me i needed to get one of a new intel so i clicked the link at the bottem of the video so i got it and i restarted like it said and input signal out of range can your plz help me?

A:downloaded wrong intel now says input signal out of range

Quote:

so i got a new intel.... i needed to get one of a new intel

Intel what? If we are talking about a Display Adapter driver, Restart the computer and press F8 at bootup in the Advanced Boot Menu choose Last Known Good Configuration, or Safe Mode. Then go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager, open up Display Adapter, right click the Intel/Properties/Driver/Roll Back Driver and choose the previous driver you had.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloaded-wrong-intel-now-says-input-signal-out-of-range-657452.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey everyone I recently did a clean install of Windows XP on a relatively old PC It was working fine for a week but suddenly a few Range Input device in of No manager monitor / Signal Out days ago I was not Input Signal Out of Range / No monitor in device manager able to start up normally the beginning couple startup screens had odd stippling and the text were offset slightly-kind of hard to explain exactly what it looked like When it got to the Windows loading screen it would hiccup for a second a fan in my case the video card fan I think would rev up and then the screen would go black at which point the message INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE would show up and I would be forced to restart Input Signal Out of Range / No monitor in device manager I can start the computer fine in safemode though I cannot change any monitor settings can't change resolution and when I go to settings - gt advanced - gt monitor the quot properties quot option there is grayed out and it says Default Monitor and for the refresh rate I can only choose Use hardware default setting I then checked the device manager only to find that there was no monitor tab there I sense for whatever reason that it's just not detecting my monitor and that's what is causing the problem I've installed the latest video drivers as well as motherboard drivers I believe My motherboard is a GA- -DS rev My graphics card is an MSI GeForce GTS mb My monitor is a Hanns-G HW D Any help will be very much appreciated Using only safemode is a pain

A:Input Signal Out of Range / No monitor in device manager

ga-965p-ds3 a relatively old pc? :) ya, i guess it is, about 3 yrs old now?

anyway, try unplugging the graphics card from it's slot and then re-install it. if that doesn't help your graphics card might be faulty. do you have another one to try?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/input-signal-out-of-range-no-monitor-in-device-manager-509852.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi All,
I am using HP Desktop Workstation with Windows 10 installed and 64-bit version. Today while i was running the PC, it suddenly restarted for automatic installation of updates. And then, a black screen was displayed with windows 10 logo and few circles rotating under it.

Later, it showed INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE. I am neither able to change the display settings nor go to settings by pressing F8 key.

Requesting for help. It is urgent.

Hoping for a fast reply.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/66308-input-signal-out-range-after-installation-updates-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So my friend has had this problem getting his dual screens working.

So far I've tried to help him, but I'm quite bad at figuring out hardware problems.

Here's the things that I've tried to get him to do:
Restart in safe mode and change the resolution (obvious)
Make sure it's all properly plugged in (again pretty obvious)
Turning on low-resolution mode.

Windows 8.1
HP W2071d LED Backlit Monitor
Dell PC

All I want is some advice.  Thank you in advance.

A:Input signal out of range, change setting to 1600x900

What kind of connection/cable are you using? It could be a software thing. Does the PC have a dedicated graphics card?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560841/input-signal-out-of-range-change-setting-to-1600x900/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me with this problems that has just started today. I have an Acer Aspire V5 which has just been updated from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. This laptop is used for training and is usually connected to a training monitor for students to follow along with the trainer.

This has worked perfectly until I updated to Windows 8.1. When I connect to the training monitor I get a message saying 'Input Signal Out of Range, reset to 1280 x 1080 60ghz. There isn't a setting for the above resolution. Everything works fine until I connect to the secondary monitor. Annoyingy the message remains on that screen - I can't remove it.

Any suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks George

A:input signal out of range, reset to 1280 x 1080

Are doing an extend or duplicate? If duplicate, try extend.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/36240-input-signal-out-range-reset-1280-x-1080-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I am using Windows xp with Iiyama flat screen monitor and everything works fine until I try to go into safe mode then I get this message" Attention signal frequency is out of range please change timing".I do not know if this is a windows problem or a monitor problem and do not know how to go about fixing it.Pc has just come back after having a complete re install and is absolutely fine otherwise.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi-I reads monitor range, input out 108... 1920 to signal reset of x have a hp pavillion model a w the monitor is an hp w h wks ago I turned it on and before windows completely loads monitor reads input signal out of range reset to x - hz nbsp I tried resetting it from the monitor manually reset to factory settings neither works Monitors goes monitor reads input signal out of range, reset to 1920 x 108... to sleep and screen turns off monitor lights goes from blue to amber-yellow The only way I can monitor reads input signal out of range, reset to 1920 x 108... use my computer is in safe mode with networking My system is yrs old what caused it nbsp suddenly to stop working I tried loading updates from this sight but none of the normal things update or load in safe mode I also tried resetting monitor in safe mode once I try to go back to regular mode it resets back to x - hz automatically In safe mode there is not a x mode so I set it to x as my instructions says but still resets itself back in regular mode to x - hz I need my computer for work also cannot do system restore to an earlier point in safe mode Please help me Solved View Solution

A:monitor reads input signal out of range, reset to 1920 x 108...

I have a suggestion, Kenneth. I know you're being assisted by an expert, but if you will, I might have a method since your card is an NVIDIA. Right click your desktop > go to Nvidia control panel > from here find on the left panel the menu option "Change resolution" > and note what resolution is highlighted in the panel under the "resolution" heading.If the resolution is lower than 1920x1080, try changing it to your desired resolution and see what happens. [Side Note] You may also want to check the documentation of your display to verify that it is capable of native 1080p and not an "upscaled" 1080i. Many monitors were labeled this way a few years back with a native resolution of 720p. If this is not the case for you, we are likely experiencing a driver and/or hardware issue. Try using another wire for your display. Many new games and home video are HDCP certified and require an HDMI cable for proper HD playback. This isn't always true, but it won't hurt to try. If your drivers are updated, your monitor has no issues and your 660 is in good standing, we can try setting a custom resolution within the Nvidia Control Panel. To do this just navigate to the Nvidia control panel I described earlier, but now hit the menu option labeled "adjust desktop size and position" Use the values you see in the image above for each field. Also note at the bottom what resolution is displayed here as your current orientation.  From here go to "change resolution" under the display heading on the left. If 1920x1080 is not displayed as a resolution option in the window under "resolution", click "customize" below it. After clicking this button another window will pop-up with a button at the bottom of this window labeled "create custom resolution."  After clicking this you should see the following.  Use the values you see here for each field available. Leave the timing also at automatic and hit "test" at the bottom. The screen should go blank and restart with the resolution you set. If it is successful you should see no artifacts or blinking from the monitor. Say yes to the prompt and back out. At this point you can set your monitor to the resolution of 1080p from any control panel (windows screen resolution or from the nvidia control panel) without a problem. Hope this helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/monitor-reads-input-signal-out-of-range-reset-to-1920-x-1080/td-p/2480495
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I just got a new video card last week and it s been having some odd issues with World of Warcraft Ever since I installed the new card it has froze up or my monitor would black out forcing a reboot or I would get an error saying my signal is quot Over Range quot All while WoW was running At no other times do I have issues I ve downloaded and installed the latest drivers for my card to no effect dust shouldn t be a problem because error. Freezing/shutting out Video Card off/Signal of range I routinely dust my computer with canned air and lately I ve been keeping the case open with a house fan Video Card Freezing/shutting off/Signal out of range error. blowing on the card I changed the refresh rate in WoW to hertz to match my monitor and haven Video Card Freezing/shutting off/Signal out of range error. t tried it yet I was unable to locate a driver for my Balance CM Monitor I m not sure what else to try This is very frustrating and I would appreciate any advice Thank you Below are some of my systems specs AMD Athlon bit Windows XP Service Pack Powercolor Radeon PRO MB Video Card nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

So my issue is with all my full screen games, after a few minutes to a few hours the screen go's black and an error pops up on screen.

Signal out of range set to "1680 X 1050 @ 60hz"

Normally I would just put it to those settings, but the issue is these are basically my setting in the nevidia control panel my settings are exactly that. The only thing I could see is the advanced display settings are 59hz. But you can't set it to 60 because windows 7 rounds down instead of up now.

This is what i'm running

Alenware aurora R4

Video Caption: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555
Video AdapterRAM: 1024MB
Video DriverVersion: 8.17.12.8576

Screen: Dell 2208WFP

I have talked to dells support and after reinstating the drivers has not fixed the issue and there basically saying they can't do anything about it.

and so I turn to you internet any of you smart people know the fix?

A:Signal out of range error playing full screen games

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP!

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222146-signal-out-range-error-playing-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Compaq WF 1907 monitor that has just started displaying "Input signal out of range change settings to 1440x900-60hz" then goes to sleep. Have hooked it up to two different desktops with same result. Have tried the factory reset option on monitor itself with no luck. Everything is clear in background other than message. Scratching my head on this one, please help

A:compaq WF1907 monitor keeps saying input signal out of range no matter what computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-wf1907-monitor-keeps-saying-input-signal-out-of-range-no-matter-what-computer.982653/
Relevancy 55.47%

What function does onboard RAM serve on a WiFi router?

A:Why Do WiFi Routers Have RAM?

Homework Time???

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. RAM is needed to run the OS on which the router runs. The router needs to maintain routing tables which are kept in RAM as well as MAC address tables for the built-in switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-wifi-routers-have-ram.794681/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, i bought a new HP 240 G4-328TX notebook. but its wifi has a very poor range it does not work even if the router is few steps away. i tried to install some drivers also which i got from HP website related to wireless Lan. bt it did not work.Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-has-a-very-less-range/td-p/5657497
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey, i've problem with wifi connection, on y50-70 wifi signal is very weak, internet is very slow, sometimes even loosing connection. On other notebook in the same place signal is strong and internet works fine. Do you have same problem? Is here any solution for this notebook?

Relevancy 55.47%

All,

My laptop fell from the couch yesterday. The charger was plugged in, and as a result of the fall, the charger port connecting to the laptop. I gave my laptop to get fixed and the gentlemen replaced the dc-jack.

So anyway, today I boot up my computer and it says no connections found. I check everything, trouble shoot, restart computer, check drivers etc. nothing seems to work So I take the laptop really close to the router, and it instantly connects to the network. I start walking away and it goes down to 1 bar as soon as I move and disconnects as soon as I walk even a few feet away. Even sitting right beside the router the computer can't connect to the network. The laptop has to nearly touching the router in order to be working.

Would really appreciate if someone could help me ?

thanks,

A:Zero Wifi Range

What is the exact make and model of the laptop?

Could be possible that the internal antenna leads to the wireless adapter are disconnected, Could of happened when the DC jack was being replaced/repaired.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zero-wifi-range.1137599/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, I am Using HP 15-AC021NX Laptop, Its wifi limited range when i near wifi modem.please give me a salution. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Range/td-p/5676713
Relevancy 55.47%

I just bought a brand new HP ENVY Notebook - -d tu But the wireless range is so weak its frustrating I need to sit behind the wifi before I can get a good signal Once I go into the room the signal is non-existent Other device works perfectly in the room My previous HP Pavillion laptop works perfectly Wifi Range in the room but this new laptop doesnt work once I got into the room I have downloaded all recommended updates all drivers updated all network adapters but still experience the same issue I contacted HP a week back and they said they gonna send a technician to my house to check the laptop but I havent seen anyone till today Why will I buy a new laptop when I will not be able to use it in my room It is so frustrating that without sitting beside the router I will not be able to use it As I am writing this now I Wifi Range am sitting right beside the router This shouldnt happen to a new Wifi Range laptop in Please what can I do I am giving this the last chance before I return the laptop It is frustrating nbsp Product description HP ENVY Notebook - -d tuProduct number P F PA nbsp nbsp I will be happy if I can get any help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Range/td-p/5672619
Relevancy 55.47%

My girlfriend (a Mac person) lives in a house where the modem and router are downstairs on one end of the house, and her room is upstairs on the other end of the house. She gets lousy wifi reception. What are her options? I've thought of running a very long USB cable down through the floor to place the receiver in a room that gets better connectivity--but that would be about a fifty foot cable and I've not seen any that long and assume that it could be technically problematic anyway. Is it possible to set up another dsl modem off the same phone line and be running dual modems? If so, could we set up another wireless router off the 2nd modem so that she could have wifi in her room for her laptop? Any other ideas would be welcomed.
Thanks--

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Linksys connected to a broadband modem. Connected to this router via cable (about 300ft away) is a Nexxt Solution router. This is used for a second wifi network and cable connection to a desktop. The Nexxt Solution pretty much set itself up so the only thing I had to do was to assign a name and password for the WiFi.

My problem is that I can no longer access the Linksys Web Configuration. Both the Routers have IP 192.168.1.1.

How do I configure the Nexxt Router so I can access both configuration?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/245645-series-wifi-routers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all
I have a Linksys WAG54GP2 in my house and a WRT54G in the garage. The two are connected together by a cable. What i want to do is make the wrt extend the wireless network that the wag54 is propogating so that there is only one network. At the moment there are two wireless networks on my property but i only want one.
Any questions/clarifications please ask!
Cheers
Allan

A:2 Routers, 1 Wifi Network

You really cannot connect two routers to each other, unless you have the ability to turn off the routing functionality on one of them to make it work like a simple switch. See if the adnin panel on either of them allows this type of reduced functionality operation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-1-wifi-network.114158/
Relevancy 55.04%

Im looking for help on this problem:

I have BT 2WIRE wifi router (downstairs) that is connected to the internet and my laptop and PS3 are too via WEP.

However, i have installed Ubuntu on PS3 and wish to use ethernet as the wifi doesnt work on this version of Ubuntu without messing around with it.

So i have a second wifi router, the BT HomeHub (in my room), currently with no internet.

Basically i want to connect to the internet with the laptop over wifi using the BT 2WIRE, and i want to connect to the internet via ethernet with the PS3 using the HomeHub.

So i just need to wifi the internet to the second router OR i wouldnt mind connecting the PS3 through an ethernet on my laptop.

Please help, i will really appreciate it and will leave feedback, thanks!

A:Wifi internet between 2 routers?

Next time be patient...

This thread has more replies to post here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-internet-between-2-routers.706281/
Relevancy 55.04%

Am a newbie with wi-fi routers and laptops The cable from the wall that I use now will after I purchase a router go firstly to the Cox Cable modem provided by my local cable company Cox then from there a cable will connect to a router then from the router a signal wireless goes to a laptop ready to go with wireless The laptop may now receive the internet Now with my Laptops, WiFi, Routers, trusty new desktop is WiFi, Routers, Laptops, there still a cable from the same modem to my destop computer that enables me to receiver the internet What I am trying to find out is if two computers in the same house one a laptop Toshiba the other my desktop can receive the internet at the same time The second part of WiFi, Routers, Laptops, the question and thanks for WiFi, Routers, Laptops, bearing with me if I make my desktop computer wi fi with a card PCI or USB adapter can both in house computers use the internet at the same time And can both be cabled non-wireless at the same time for same time internet Thanks Ron nbsp

A:WiFi, Routers, Laptops,

Yes. That's what routers do.
Your router will come with a setup program that should make this easy, but let us know if you have problems.

"What I am trying to find out is if two computers in the same house ( one a laptop...Toshiba), ...the other my desktop, can receive the internet at the same time?"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-routers-laptops.923874/
Relevancy 55.04%

If you are OK with going into the router configuration, then there normally is a way of throttling connections to the router. At the very least you can set times that the connections will be active for your children. Also, unless all computers are running at the same time and downloading files, or streaming, you may have a virus on one if not all of the computers that is utilizing your bandwidth. I do not think you can monitor bandwidth from your router, but use the help menu and get familiar with the software for the router it will be handy in the future.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-serious-problem-abt-wifi-routers.669386/
Relevancy 55.04%

is there any way I can use a cisco ea3500 and then use my netgear WGR614 as a wifi extender??

Relevancy 55.04%

I am attempting to extend the range of a WIFI network to cover two buildings, about 300 ft apart. I have installed a D-link extreem -N router and 3 7dbi antennas, however I am still a bit short in range. ( each building has a firewall which seems to be limiting reception).

My research suggests that range expanders are unreliable and difficult to set up.

Thanks

A:Extend WiFi Range

Perhaps some directional antennas might be the ticket?
Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your wireless range. The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain&#8482; WiFi Range Extending Products.
Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas. You can choose from omni-directional or directional models, here are a some examples.

Hawking [HAI7SIP] Hi-Gain 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna

Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna

[HAO14SD] Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit

For 802.11n applications, this ZyXEL ANT1106 6db omni-directional antenna can be used.

For really long range outdoor applications, this 24dB parabolic WiFi Antenna may be a good choice.

If you have a wireless adapter that doesn't have provisions for an external antenna, one adapter that I've had good luck with is a Rosewill RNX-G1 USB Wireless Adapter. It's feature is that is has a removable antenna and will accommodate replacement antennas.

This is just a sample of available products, many people have hi-gain antennas with similar specifications, but I haven't seen any other suppliers of signal boosters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-wifi-range.948194/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all
I have set up a new network at my house which is connected to a cable modem, the cable modem goes into my Linksys WRT54G WiFi Router which works really well, but I want to extend the range of my network. I have a spare WRT54G Router and my question is does any one know if I can set up a Linksys WRT54G router as a range extender to
another WRT54G.I know you can buy range extenders but i would like to try and save my money and use my existing equipment. I would appreciate any help into this matter, cheers...

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all I have owned my home for years and I ve never been able to have wireless signal in any of the bedrooms I ve bought a few new routers that claim to have good range Belkin F D - v and wifi need to range extend an ASUS RT-N U but still no luck with either of them The issue is that I have a cable need to extend wifi range modem in my office which is close to our main TV and PS but that side of the house is an addition and is separated from the rest of the house by a year old block wall Running an ethernet cable from my office to the other side of the house would be a real pain and something that I would like to avoid at almost all cost I get great download speeds with the ASUS router and would like to continue using that as the main modem in my office but I was thinking about trying one of the available power-line network adaptors http www amazon com ZyXEL-Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter-PLA KIT dp B D GF FU ref dp ob title ce and setting up a secondary wireless signal for the other side of the house with the Belkin router I m afraid that I don t know much about setting this up or if it would even work I would primarily use this connection to use the iPad and stream Hulu Plus or Netflix to the bedrooms Can anyone give me some advice on using powerline adaptors for the application that I have in mind Also I m looking for a tutorial on how to set up a second wireless signal using the two routers that I have Thanks in advanced for anyone with some helpful advice nbsp