Windows Support Forum

Access shows Local Only on one laptop on DLink network. All other laptops can connect

Q: Access shows Local Only on one laptop on DLink network. All other laptops can connect

Hi,

We just set up our Dlink router and all computers and iPhones can connect to the wireless fine, but one of the computers is showing "local only". What gives?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Access shows Local Only on one laptop on DLink network. All other laptops can connect

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Access shows Local Only on one laptop on DLink network. All other laptops can connect

Don't know...
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-shows-local-only-on-one-laptop-on-dlink-network-all-other-laptops-can-connect.744424/
Relevancy 79.98%

This is K. Mohan Rajesh

Iam using a Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit.
iam unable to access shared folders on my laptop and laptops connected in same wireless network

Please suggest me in getting out of this issue

My Email : [email protected]

A:Unable to access Shared folders on Laptop and laptops on same network

Did you check the firewall settings? and visibility of machines on the network? did you try pinging them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/326735-unable-access-shared-folders-laptop-laptops-same-network.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I am using Dlink u wifi modem until connected Dlink access! pc internet No But 2750u shows morning it was working fine but after some ttime I found that although all the lights especially internet led are green i e connected but none of my android phones are connecting to internet I tries all the apps and browsers but no peace Dlink 2750u shows connected But pc No internet access! I started my laptop to check if it is connecting but Dlink 2750u shows connected But pc No internet access! same problem was existing Internet icon on taskbar showed yellow exclamation triangle on the connected network I decided to use Ethernet cable but nothing changed I even logged in to router webpage and it states that connected to internet sending and receiving packets and DHCP enabled etc I even tried ipconfig all you can see it below ping tracert etc and even contacted ISP to which they asked me to hard reset modem and reconfigure which I had already done Please help me out with this problem as modem is showing connected to internet and ISP is claiming that net is not down but I am not able to connect I tried to ping to ip address gateway DNS server which responded well but request timed out packet loss is being shown when I ping any other ip or domain even So I installed xirrus network inspector software later in the evening to detect problem and it said that external ip is N A I would bring this observation to notice that my DNS server ip address are starting with fe like this DNS Servers fe in ipconfig all log You can see ping txt file or same thing below Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Sony gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sony-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Tunngle Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Tunngle Physical Address -FF- -C - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E-AF- -D - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Eth ernet Controller NDIS Physical Address F -BF- -D -C -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a cf f fc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday October PM Lease Expires Thursday October AM Default Gateway fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - - D-CC-AF- -D - -C DNS Servers fe NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Net work Adapter Physical Address CC-AF- -D - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b b a a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday October PM Lease Expires Thursday October AM Default Gateway fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - - D-CC-AF- -D - -C DNS Servers fe NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled C Users Sony gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Sony gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Sony gt is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Users Sony gt piin piin is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Users Sony gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Req... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-2750u-shows-connected-but-pc-no-internet-access.1158875/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,
I have a D-Link Airplus G+ DWL-G520+ Wireless PCI Adapter. Previously i used it in my desktop windows 7. after that i removed it n kept for a year. now again tried to use it. The device driver is installed properly, but it shows no networks. My other devices easily show network but desktop shows no network. i have attached images of problems with this post.
Can some one please help with a solution?

A:WINDOWS 7; dlink wireless driver shows no network.

I would try completely removing the adapter from the system(not physically but from the control panel) then reboot; try reinstalling it; then reboot again; and try checking for a updated driver for that adapter and see if that helps to resolve the issue.. Try this and see what happens. Post back if no result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367194-windows-7-dlink-wireless-driver-shows-no-network.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM- AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard HP F Antivirus None I can not connect to my wireless network from my laptop I ve tried researching and trying so many different options but have had no results I m not very tech Only from can internet to not laptop my connect Local wireless Access savy and am tired of getting no results so thought I may be able to get help from here I am able to connect to the internet by plugging the ethernet cord into my laptop but my wireless connection shows quot unidentified quot and Local Access Only can not connect to wireless internet from my laptop says quot local access only quot I don t believe it s my router though because we use our phones ipad and wireless printer with no problems I m going to include what showed up after I did something I saw in another post on this site so that maybe it will help I have an HP laptop Windows Vista -bit OS and belkin router Hopefully someone can help me Windows IP Configuration Host Name AAPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E - E- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a f b f f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August AM Lease Expires Sunday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-F - -A - - E- - -B -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - -B -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e b e eb f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-F - -A - - E- - -B -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Local Access Only can not connect to wireless internet from my laptop

the Atheros AR5007 adapter on vista has given a lot of problems over the years here
the most common fix is to use the driver from the atheros website

heres the full details

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

The majority of fixes are via installing a new driver from either the Manufacturers website see item (2) and if that does not resolve the issue then from the atheros web site - see item (3)

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems

--- 4) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007(EG) Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Browse my computer for driver software
> let me pick from a lis... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only-can-not-connect-to-wireless-internet-from-my-laptop.1105716/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have had a problem that just recently started. Whenever I turn on my dell laptop or my desktop and try to connect to my wireless router it shows my network with full strength then I click on it to connect it and it say Failed to connect to network. This never happened before especially with the laptop. I'm not sure where to go from here. I have reset both the router from the cable and the linksys wireless router countless times and still am unable to connect. If any one can help that would be greatly apprciated or send a link to a step by step process I can use to fix. I'm not at all a pro at fixing these things and frutration is beginning to set in!
Thanks

A:Wireless Network shows full strength but laptop and desktop won't connect

Welcome to TSG:
Try this and post results of IPCONFIG /ALL.
Tips on setting up broadband connection, courtesy of Johnwill

You don't need any setup disk to configure a broadband router.
Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on. The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.
• Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
• Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
• Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
• Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
• Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
• Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-shows-full-strength-but-laptop-and-desktop-wont-connect.830915/
Relevancy 75.68%

OK This is simply driving me crazy Two weeks ago I lost my linksys router got fried My sister brought us a Netgear router but my laptop nor my niece s laptop could get online they received the wireless signal but could not connect My brother in law brought a d-link router and it worked great for a while My laptop could connect to it my brother-in-law s laptop could connect to it but my niece s laptop still couldn t The only way she can get online with her laptop is by plugging the Ethernet cable directly into her laptop I spent two days trying to get her laptop to connect online wirelessly Now when I attempted to connect to the unsecure router signal at work my laptop which was able to get a wireless signal just the night before only had local access I to Laptops have only local access router came home at lunch to see what was up and sure enough I received the signal but was constrained to local access I m typing this on my fiance s laptop which I borrowed yesterday to act as the main PC in place of desktop that was fried the same day my router was It can still connect to the Internet using the Ethernet cable or connecting wirelessly I ve spent hours searching for a solution and nothing has worked so far I disabled my ipv Laptops only have local access to router stuff on both my laptop and my niece s and it Laptops only have local access to router didn t work and I tried a bunch of other techniques all of which failed miserably I m honestly sick of this and I m ready to give up on technology and go live the damn woods Help me please I will post my ipconfig all log shortly nbsp

A:Laptops only have local access to router

This from my laptop.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\B.B. Kang Mobile>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : BBKangMobile-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : coralwave.net

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5100
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-21-6B-21-97-24
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c979:8680:7ab9:3af5%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 169.254.58.245(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::224:1ff:fedb:c3eb%11
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 169.254.58.245
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : coralwave.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8057 PCI-E Gigabit Ether
net Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-23-8B-87-9F-82
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b434:8807:125e:3d5b%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.101(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 2:15:27 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:15:56 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::224:1ff:fedb:c3eb%10
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{D2A25237-9A25-4CE7-8F8A-2E40C18A1

4EB}
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : coralwave.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:1009:1689:3f57:ff9a(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1009:1689:3f57:ff9a%12(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\B.B. Kang Mobile>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptops-only-have-local-access-to-router.954670/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey,
I just got an acer laptop computer from India. It was connecting fine there on a dail up network however I am having trouble connecting to the wireless network in London. The network status shows connected with a strong signal however I get check network connections message when I try to use the internet. Can you please help?
Thanks

MadJo

A:Solved: Laptop shows connected to wifi network but I cannot access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-shows-connected-to-wifi-network-but-i-cannot-access-the-internet.920386/
Relevancy 72.67%

Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Communications Dell Wireless 1390 Wlan Mini Card Rev 3.6
McAfee Virus Scan Ver 99.9.99 McAfee Firewall Ver 10.15.106.0
Router Cradel Point MBR-1000
Ran Connection Dagnostics all ok except Internet IP Ping Failed

Error message.
The wireless router/ap for your network is working but your computer is not able to use an ip address to connect to the internet. You will not be able to connect to the internet although you might be able to connect to your local network. Contact your network administrator or wireless,ap installer for assistance.

I can use this pc wireless on other routers with no problems.
I can connect to internet using ethernet cable connected to the Cradle Point router

Any help graeat appreciated.

Relevancy 72.24%

I have a terminal server here in the office that works beautifully. Everyone in the office (even Mac users) has been able to log on from home and from on the road using Remote Desktop Connection... with the exception of one user. He can't log in from his home network. He's tried both an XP and a Vista machine and in both cases, when he tries to log on, Remote Desktop Connection gives him an error that the credentials did not work -- I have tried his credentials and they work just fine. I'm thinking that it must be some sort of problem with communications between RDC and his router?? He uses a DLink Dir655.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-desktop-connect-trouble-from-behind-dlink-network.815096/
Relevancy 72.24%

I installed a new DIR last July It replaced and old Dlink that I have used for a number of years I connected PC s direct to the router and bought dongles and connected two remote PC s onto it total They are not all on at the same time - from cannot connect - DIR601 Dlink laptop usually The laptop is a gateway vintage and has XP on it It is updated I use it everywhere wireless and not It works wireless ok everywhere even McDonalds When I connect it to the home it connects and connects etc etc and never does I am using WEP and have a security key I see the network on the network list and click It does not Dlink DIR601 - cannot connect from laptop give me an option to enter the security key and does not give me an error and defaults to quot Free Public Wifi quot I Dlink DIR601 - cannot connect from laptop think this is the internal card I am sure the security key is the issue and cannot figure out where to enter it I haven t looked in the registery but that is a spooky place in which to play and I avoid it Don t want to run into the Blue Screen Boogy man I did however do a search of the registry for the network name and came up empty No surprise Where do I go to find and update the security key to access the router Thanks nbsp

A:Dlink DIR601 - cannot connect from laptop

I connected to internet via wire and MS updated today. No new update was available for the machine. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-dir601-cannot-connect-from-laptop.1037454/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi
I know there are many similar questions on this forum but I've read through them and I still can't figure it out!

My laptop computer (Dell Studio running Windows 7) is able to connect to the network in my home and will have internet for a minute or two right after it connects but then the computer seems to realize something is wrong and the internet stops working.

When I run an ipconfig /all, it doesn't show any information about my IP address or DNS server or anything. It doesn't even mention a wireless connection; it's just a bunch of different "Tunnel Adapter Local Area Connection"

Help please!

A:Laptop can connect to network but no internet access

After it fails, do these tests.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-can-connect-to-network-but-no-internet-access.881267/
Relevancy 67.94%

My laptop suddenly shows an extra drive by the name of local disk (Z. I can't open it to see what is in it.  It shows as 192 MB free of 265 MB. I dont want to delete it in case it is needed for some reason. Recently just had a BIOS update.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:My laptop suddenly shows an extra drive by the name local di...

Hi, Please do not worry about it. The Windows updating process created it, it should be hidden and it will go away after updating process completed. I think Microsoft should tell users about this. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-laptop-suddenly-shows-an-extra-drive-by-the-name-local/td-p/5767820
Relevancy 67.08%

i'm connected to a router. the network connection icons shows that the network is connected, but i cannot connect to the network or the internet. even when i try to ping the default gateway, it says request time out. i tried fixing the winsock and resetting the tcp/ip but still i'm not able to connect to the network. also when i type the ip address and everything else manually the network connection shows connected but only the sent icon blinks and the received icon stays dull. and when i try to obtain ip address automatically. the network connection icon says limited or no connectivity. i have both lan and wireless connection, and this happens for both of them. any suggestions please.

A:cannot connect to the network even when network connection shows connected

Maybe the router has MAC address filtering turned on?

Can you connect your computer to any other network? What if you hook it directly to the modem (if you have one)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-the-network-even-when-network-connection-shows-connected.77340/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am a new member and have never ever posted before on any forum but am totally confused and lost here I know some about computers 2 directly Connect Help!! laptop wifi w/1 laptops w/ethernet and had both my laptops Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi connected for whole day before I made the mistake and turned them off at the end of the day now can t remember Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi how to get it to work again please how do I connect them directly together with a ethernet cable so that I am able to connect to the internet from both One is Windows Media xp and is built in wireless my other one is also xp but doesn t have built in wifi and I broke my netgear adapter so unable to connect We run off the internet wifi offered free from where we live so how do I solve this issue p s no modem or router available to use and I am homebound disabled can someone walk me through the steps of creating a network for home and whatever else I need to do to fix this Thanks nbsp

A:Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi

After connecting them together by ethernet enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the wireless connection that has internet access. You can probably also bridge the wireless and ethernet connections, but to say that I'm making the assumption that you are not restricted to only one IP address on your free Wi-Fi. I haven't given any more details, since I assume this will jog your memory of which you did yesterday.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-connect-2-laptops-directly-w-ethernet-w-1-laptop-wifi.964336/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi
I got a new laptop because my old one was fried by the weather! But now when I try to connect to the network, I can only access the internet and I want to know how I can get my shared folders,which is on the one network computer (which is the main one) to show on "my network places"

I'm using windows XP

A:Cant connect to local LAN network

You first have to get the computers on the same network (e.g., connected to the same router). Then you need to enable file and printer sharing; here is a wizard way.

Run the Network Setup wizard (found in Control Panel of XP). Tell it each of your computers connects to the internet via "residential gateway" and that you want to enable file and printer sharing. Create a disk at the end only if you have a Windows PC other than XP or 2k Pro or Vista.

Windows XP firewall (if SP2 or SP3) will be properly configured by the wizard. You must uninstall or properly configure any 3rd party firewalls on each machine. Unique computer names and same workgroup, of course.

The Shared Documents folder is automatically shared. Any other folders (or drives) or printers you want to share, just right click on them and sharing ... . When sharing a printer, accept the offer to load other drivers if your other PCs have different Operating System(s).

When you first go into My Network Places there will be nothing there. The first time you click on 'View Workgroup computers' will probably result in great disappointment. It takes awhile (up to 15 minutes) before all the computers in the workgroup get up-to-date and accurate lists of the other computers. Often you can speed up this process via Search for other computers.

When computers show up in My Network Places, double click on one to see its shares. If that includes a printer, you can right click on the printer to connect to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-local-lan-network.811930/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Compaq Presario a931nr running vista home premium sp2, with all updates installed.

This is a new install and updated totally. plugged into the router I have internet access. But connecting via the wifi I only have local access.

I have reset the winsock catalog and the log. I have uninstalled the device removing the drivers and reinstalled and it appears to be working correctly.

No Tunnel adapter information when I look at the configuration of the network on the machine with the issue.

HELP??????

Tim

A:Can connect to router but only local access

You seem to know a lot more about wireless routers and modems than I do, so I may not be able to help. Try unplugging your router and/or modem for at least 30 seconds and then plug them back in and see if it helps. Also, restart your PC if you haven't already since the problem started. When did the problem start? Did you update something or install a new program right before the issue started? OR did it just suddenly stop working? Can other devices connect to it wirelessly without a problem?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/291913-can-connect-router-but-only-local-access.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I d really appreciate any help you can give me I have a Compaq Presario Windows Vista I currently have a Wireless router It used to be Netgear About wks or so my company changed it and gave me the password I am currently connected to the one they changed to but local access to Local get can't internet Access only connect only and no internet Under Network and Sharing Center it says Unidentified network Public network Access Local only Connection Wireless Network Local Access only can't get internet to connect Connection perfectv Under Internet Options Connections it shows the following connection T-Mobile US Standard Modem When I try using the Windows Network Diagnostics it keeps coming back with the options that haven t worked The options are - Plug a cable into the network adapter Local Area Connection - Automatically get new IP settings for the network adapter Wireless Network Connection - A problem with your network router or broadband modem might be preventing an Internet connection Note I am always able to Local Access only can't get internet to connect connect to the internet wherever free wi-fi is available If a password is Local Access only can't get internet to connect required all I need is to obtain it and enter it without making any changes in the system This is the only time I ve had issues getting online even though I have the password nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I'm trying to fix a friend's computer. When I first looked at it it said that it was connected to the network, but I could not access the internet. Now it says local access only. I've already tried a system restore and have also tried reseting the winsock. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 1535 with Windows Vista. Whatever other information you want, just let me know. Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

"make sure your computer is in range and that the network settings match the wireless router or access point setting" next" windows cant connect to the hidden network "

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/when-i-connect-my-system-to-the-wireless-network-it-shows/19621.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I did some moving around of computers and when I hooked everything back up I had to go in a manually configure the gateway and DNS IP so now I can connect to the internet but I cant see the other computers on my network nor can they see me.

I am not sure what to do.

Karen

A:Can connect to Internet but not local network

Need more information.
1. What is your gateway (i.e. Linksys Router)
2. Where you using DHCP prior to the move?
3. Are you using the DNS servers that your ISP provides?
4. Can the other computers on the network see each other?

Anything else you can provide to give us a clearer picture of how your network was setup prior to and post move.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-connect-to-internet-but-not-local-network-224594.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a new laptop that runs Vista Home. I did have a laptop that ran XP. My old laptop was successfully networked with my desktop (which runs XP), but I cannot figure out how to set up the local network between the two machines with this Vista running laptop. I have no problems connecting to the internet through my wireless router, but I think I am missing something simple. I need to network these two computers so I can access all of my data...and use the printer through the network ... like i did before. I may just be missing something obvious. Can anyone tell me what that is?
Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

I want to "Connect A PC To The Local Network but NOT On The Internet.". I don't want the computer connecting to the Internet at all but yet can see other computers on the network and use shared printers and files/folders. I don't want any hackers able to ping the computer or see it at all from the Internet. I would like to do this by not making any changes to my router. Can I just setup a static IP and make a default gateway of 127.0.0.1 on the computer?

A:Connect A PC To The Local Network but NOT On The Internet

If you have a bunch of PCs connected to a router and that router connected to the Internet, no one on the Internet side can see your PCs. They can't get past the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321902-connect-pc-local-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 64.5%

my friend has a HP laptop with window vista sp he can t connect to the internet if it s secured with or without wire connection however he can connect to the network if it s unsecured the router is Cisco E and my other roommate acer windows but connect to with network only able unsecured Local and i mac can connect to the network without a problem all of his network adapters are updated and we ve tried everything as far as google can tell me but nothing works please help Thanks here s ipconfig all setting Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheShadow Primary Local only but able to connect with unsecured network Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - E- C- E-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f d f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-FA- - B- - B- -EF- D-B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A BC- D - FFC-B - C F A br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BAC - C E- EF-BF C-B E EB br A F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Local only but able to connect with unsecured network

The ethernet problem may be a defective cable or NIC or a mis-configured, corrupted or out-of-date non-Windows firewall or security suite.

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters for about a year, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

You might also bug your laptop's tech support about the problem--maybe people can put pressure on Atheros to find a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-only-but-able-to-connect-with-unsecured-network.1025589/
Relevancy 64.5%

I recently bought a new HP V6000 laptop. I am having problems connecting wirelessly to my local security-enabled network in my new rented accomodation - I display the network when listing the available wireless networks. It cannot be the laptop as i have connected to many other similar networks with ease!

I did manage to connect once the other day by connecting it using the cable instead of attempting to connect wirelessly and then when switching back to wireless connection it was still working. However i had the same problem again, tried the same solution but it does not work anymore???

I just cant seem to pick up the signal. The 2 other people in the house do not have this problem and have full signal from the network.

Any ideas how i can sort this problem - i no expert with computers!

JT

A:Unable to connect to local network

Have you power cycled the router??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-local-network.669562/
Relevancy 64.5%

I can connect to my router and it shows that it has internet connection. I can access folders on my local network, but i cannot browse the internet. IE and Chrome do not work. Could someone please suggest something?
Thanks

A:Cant connect to internet, but can to local network.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

You might want to try a Power Cycle.

Run the Network Troubleshooter tool from your Windows 7 computer.
Using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/233442-cant-connect-internet-but-can-local-network.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hello friends, i wanted to know the steps to connect my printer to all of my computers on the network.....

thanks

A:How to connect my local printer to the network?

google for 'printserver' which will get an IP address.

It goes on the network and the printer connects to it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-my-local-printer-to-the-network.119007/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have seen multiple threads on this but have not yet found the fix I need in any to Can't Connect internet- Access Only Solved: Local of them I have had this Toshiba A -S Satellite laptop since September and have never had any internet connectivity issues until last week It came with Vista Home Premium -bit and I ve used in my apartment and at my parent s house and it has always automatically detected both networks and connected immediately Last week I started getting quot Local access only quot when I connected at both my apartment and at my parent s house I ve clicked quot Diagnose and Repair quot and it says quot Cannot communicate with Solved: Can't Connect to internet- Local Access Only Primary DNS Server quot I have tried many Solved: Can't Connect to internet- Local Access Only fixes including disabling Solved: Can't Connect to internet- Local Access Only IPv adjusting the DHCPBcast Flag in the registry editor etc Nothing is working I took it into Best Buy where I bought it and have an active warranty and the Geek Squad connected to the Best Buy wireless network right in front of me and told it looks like its working and there s nothing they can really do Please help Here is my ipconfig info C Users Jeff gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name JEFFH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List buffalo rr com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix buffalo rr com Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - E- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday March PM Lease Expires Sunday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap buffalo rr com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E - FC- BC-B C- F br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And for good measure here is the ipconfig info of my dad s computer which is currently running XP and connecting to the internet with no issues Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Jeff gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List buffalo rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - - -F -ED-FF Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix buffalo rr com Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - -CE- C- A- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday March PM Lease Expires Sunday March PM nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I have had this issue for 3 days now, and have searched numerous forums and tried many solutions, but nothing has helped.

On my laptop, whether using a wired or wireless connection, my computer will not access the internet. It seems to access the router/modem (Local Only), but will forever say that it is "Identifying...."

I have tried various regedits, safemode (result is the same), turn off IPv6, among other things. I don't know a lot about computers, but know enough to follow these directions when I read them.

If there are any other suggestions out there I would be forever grateful, as this has been unbelievably frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

A:Cannot connect to the internet:Identifying... Access: Local Only

Hello, have you used elevated command prompt and flushed the dns and released the ip and renewed the ip and then restarted computer and seen if it connects then ?
DNS Resolver Cache

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294161-cannot-connect-internet-identifying-access-local-only.html
Relevancy 64.07%

my HP Mini 110 shows me my neighbors unsecured internet but it will not connect to it he claims he didnt do anything to it and insists that it may be my laptop i tried a few things i mean very few im lazy and am tired of dealing with electronic failures it happens often to me... anyway my built in wireless card is a Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
i also have a VZW USB modem PANTECH UM175 #3 (COM7) that will connect to its default network VZAccess and yet it too does not connect to my neighbors internet also when i try to enter credentials it says i dont need them

any ideas?

A:HP mini 110 shows the unsecured network but wont connect to it

ok so far i have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it and still no go and hes the only other hot spot near by other then me using my pricey VZaccess network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-mini-110-shows-the-unsecured-network-but-wont-connect-to-it.946482/
Relevancy 63.64%

I Bought Pavilion -ab tx available ... Wifi every and network shows no access network no one and half month ago and it started having this problem weeks after buying Wifi suddenly disconnects and then it shows no networks available even when there are many Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks available Mobile phone always show that they are available nbsp nbsp Wireless card nbsp Realtek RTL BE RTL EE b g n OS - Windows -bit nbsp I have tried everything to solve this System restore Recovery Updating BIOS Reseting using CMD updating wireless driver rolling back the driver to initial one But nothing has helped yet It shows the network is available if I'm sitting next to modem Then also it doesn't show other Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... wifi Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks around my home that my phone does nbsp nbsp Now obviously laptop's wifi is supposed to be better than the mobile phone's wifi but its just the opposite here The problem might be here that it loses its strength every now and then but whatever it is I'm terribly disappointed in the product that I've bought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-shows-no-network-available-and-no-network-access-every/td-p/5674339
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all network connect Internet while local(wired) on to Can't I have a laptop on which the OS installed is Windows XP This laptop is in a local network wired network and Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet is also in a wireless network and we Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet access Internet with the wirelesss network The problem is that when I access Internet I can t connect to the local network i e when I ping a machine Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet which is in the local network the ping does not succeed How can I do to be able to access to local network while surfing on Internet I provide the following details about the local network and the wireless network The machines on the local network are connected by switches and there is a Windows Server window controller on this network My laptop is configured to obtain its Ip adress on the local network by DHCP My laptop is also configured to obtain its Ip adress on the wireless network there is a wireless router by DHCP I can access Internet only by wireless network I can not access it by local network Thanks Thanks you in advance for your answers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-local-wired-network-while-on-internet.903237/
Relevancy 63.64%

When initially setting my Roku 3, I had this problem, but after a few hours of trying various fixes found online, I finally had success. Unfortunately, in the middle of using the device, it lost internet connection and went back to being unable to connect to the local network. How can I resolve this issue?

A:Roku 3 unable to connect to local network

Can you provide more details please:

Who is your internet service provider?
What brand/model of modem and/or router do you have?
Are you connecting the Roku via wired or wireless connection?
Are you having internet connection issues with any other devices on your network?
What fixes did you try when you were having problems initially setting it up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roku-3-unable-to-connect-to-local-network.1122097/
Relevancy 63.21%

i use wifi connection at my office to connect internet connection when i went home and tried to connect evo 3g with my laptop i gave msg network disconnect i doesnt work although the software is installed and i can make a call from it but as i click connect botton it shows network disconnect. What is solution of it how can i connect my evo for internet i am using windows 8 and sony laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/evo-shows-network-disconnect-error-as-soon-as-i-press-connect-button.1119968/
Relevancy 63.21%

lost wifi access thru local home connection can connect thru public network my grandma during last visit accidentally changed the network to her laptop Have tried to reset netgear wnr v with pin in back turned off and waited and turned back on again--no success have tried to set up new network--see the network listed but no internet access available have modem router from comcast My laptop is Acer Aspire with Lan Broadcom and wireless lan atheros Hope that helps gettting discouraged have looked on your other threads posts for suggestions-have tried many so far no help have used your website in past and has always helped esp since I m not very computer savvy How can I get my wifi connected again Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Vicatron gt PING PING is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file network connect Solved: local/home cant wifi to C Users Vicatron gt Ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping Solved: wifi cant connect to local/home network statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Vicatron gt nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

until recently I've never had a problem but now it seems that every 5 mins I lose connection. It does this on my computer and my roomates so its not just me. What would be the best way to go about? New router, bring modem to cable company? or is it something I can fix myself.

Relevancy 63.21%

I just did a fresh install of xp on a work computer(virus, nasty stuff), and now it will not connect to our office network. I've had to do this before, and we had an outside guy come in. He took two seconds in the cmd prompt and fixed it. I've reinstalled all the drivers and I did a network diagnostic. The only spot it's showing a fail is at the dnssearchorder.
Any help would be appreciated!

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi folks Been having a problem for a while with an acer aspire laptop in that whilst I can connect to our wireless network I can t connect to the internet It says I ve got local internet access - limited Can't to connectivity ipv4 local only - connect only access I Can't connect to internet - limited ipv4 connectivity - local only access ve tried to follow the steps on previous threads about this but to no avail Can't connect to internet - limited ipv4 connectivity - local only access I m using Vista have re-installed Kaspersky anti-virus uninstalled Norton Internet security and set windows firewall to be the firewall After renewing the winsock settings and restarting I noticed that I had no default gateway on the wifi settings and thought that might be the reason behind this all not working so I manually set the ip and dns ipv settings for that wireless network copying them from the LAN settings that worked But that hasn t fixed the problem hence posting here Here s the ipconfig all with a LAN connection that works and a wireless connection that doesn t C Users Sophie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sophie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - - D- - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e d d aa d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-AB-E - - - -D -A - F-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - -D -A - F-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f db e ed Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-AB-E - - - -D -A - F-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Loca... Read more

A:Can't connect to internet - limited ipv4 connectivity - local only access

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-limited-ipv4-connectivity-local-only-access.927755/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello there I'm new here I just won't connect to local. only Laptop internet to came on to ask a question about my laptop Last night it was working great I turned it on and it connected to the LAN very quickly and I was able to get online Keep in mind I have laptops and one PC Both of the other laptops are able to connect to the internet One is on XP one Vista but the other will not It's also running Vista Now today I had a problem with my Xbox connecting to it and had to reset the router then it worked The only thing I had changed was the ICS - I turned it on because I'm going to create a LAN between my and my laptop and using the laptop's wireless as the connection But my one laptop will not connect to the internet Will connect locally because it says something is wrong with the DNS Yet the other two are working perfectly I checked in the properties of the thing and its all set to obtain automatically any ideas

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/263905-laptop-wont-connect-internet-only-local.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have installed both an HP WiFi Laser Printer and a Lorex Security System connected through ethernet cable recently. During setup for both things I have been given an IP address to access them through a browser, but can't seem to connect. The printer is functioning on the Network, so not really a problem, but I I want to access the Security System from the web. My router shows the mac address of the Security System, so its there, just can't get in.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!

Relevancy 62.35%

Hey all my first post so bear with me Running Vista Home Premium and I'm having great difficulties connecting to the internet through my home network My wireless router is a D-Link WBR- and I've tried the Internet Connectivity Test on microsoft com using another laptop with XP and it said the router should work with Vista albeit with some vista features disabled D-link itself says the router should work with Vista and I have to most up-to-date firmware for the on only Network Local Access router The XP laptop connects to the network and internet just fine I have WPA- security running and I made sure both machines are using the same passkey and are part of the same workgroup The problem is that Vista says I'm connected to Local Access only on Network the network but there is no internet connection and no amount of diagnose and repair fixes the problem such as reseting the wireless adapter Local Access only on Network obtaining new IP address etc I've even tried using a LAN cable to connect to the router but to no avail either Does anyone have any idea to what is going on here Is this possibly a router compatibility issue

A:Local Access only on Network

Hi malfuriouspete,

Go into your Network And Sharing Center (either through Control Panel or right-click on the network icon at bottom right and select)
Your network name should be declared here as Private - if not, you can click "customize" and put it as Private

HTH
vicber

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202270-local-access-only-network.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I havent been able to get Network access working, The internet work fine. In the Network Status window it lists my access type as Internet and not Local and Internet like i think it should. Any ideas?

A:No Local Network Access

Just checked mine and it's the same, showing internet but not local?

I have to access my NAS by mapping network drive. Do you have network discovery turned on? It' sunder the change advance sharing settings on the left of the panel in your screen shot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/16221-no-local-network-access.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I was using utorrent and got a spyware malware virus and now can't access the internet I removed the spyware malware using Avast and SuperAntiSpyware but still cannot get either access to the internet through wireless or by plugging in a cable I've removed the utorrent program and disabled Avast SuperAntiSpyware while I ran DDS and GMER I've pasted the log requested below and attached the two others compressed as requested DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Mason at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost Local only network access exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe Local only network access -k NetworkService C Program Files ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMSrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Program Files AVAST Software Local only network access Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon smartlogon exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k apphost C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Local only network access C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files x McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files x McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k iissvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Program Files x McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program files P G BatteryLife exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey MsgTranAgt exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey Atouch exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Program Files Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Windows SysWOW ACEngSvr exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey WDC exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Windows Sy... Read more

Relevancy 62.35%

For some reason I can t connect to the internet The monitor icon at the right-hand bottom corner on my screen does not display a connection When I try to run IE it does not display a page I restarted the pc in safe mode with networking and can connect to the internet there I ran a virus scan using McAfee Network Only Local Access SuperAntiSpy SpyBot-Search amp Destroy and Combofix With all that done I still can not connect I sending you the report from combofix and the report from HiJackThis Please help ComboFix - - - Network Access Local Only gaustin - x NETWORK Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running from c users Network Access Local Only gaustin Downloads ComboFix exe AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Created a new restore point Other Deletions c programdata bddbaa c users maustin AppData Roaming c fb c windows system jucheck exe c windows system jusched exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users maustin AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Guest AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users gaustin AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates F AC B- E - A E- F - BFCBF D AF offreg dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Kaspersky Lab - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates F AC B- E - A E- F - BFCBF D AF mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system win k sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system localspl dll Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msxml dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msxml dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers ksecdd sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuwebv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuauclt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuaueng dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wucltux dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wudriver dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components browsercomps dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components Scriptff dll ------- Sigcheck ------- Note Unsigned files aren t necessarily malware - - F B AB C A D A B BC c windows System drivers atapi sys - - F B AB C A D A B BC c windows System DriverStore FileRepository mshdc inf b d e atapi sys - - F B AB C A D A B BC c windows winsxs x mshdc inf bf ad e none df a eab e atapi sys - - D C DC A D A DE ED c windows System DriverStore FileRepository mshdc inf cc d atapi sys - - D C DC A D A DE ED c windows winsxs x mshdc inf bf ad e none dd a ce c atapi sys - - F FCB B EA FB D B EC F c windows System DriverStore FileRepository mshdc inf c c e atapi sys - - B ABEE E BE c windows System drivers asyncmac sys - - B ABEE E BE c windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-rasbase-asyncmac bf ad e none cee d e f asyncmac sys - - E B BD A EC B BD DFB c windows System drivers beep sys - - E B BD A EC B BD DFB c windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-beepsys bf ad e none c a d b beep sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows System drivers kbdclass sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows System DriverStore FileRepository keyboard inf da e e kbdclass sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows System DriverStore FileRepository keyboard inf f d e kbdclass sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows winsxs x keyboard inf bf ad e none e dd d f ec e kbdclass sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows winsxs x keyboard inf bf ad e none e e d ab ca kbdclass sys - - B B AB B F DAB C c windows System DriverStore FileRepository keyboard inf a df kbdclass sys - - B B AB B F DAB C c windows winsxs x keyboard inf bf ad e none ... Read more

A:Network Access Local Only

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/467186 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467186/network-access-local-only/
Relevancy 62.35%

Product Name Hp Omen Operating System Microsoft one Win10 connect shows it stop Wifi and network doesn't only working. Windows -bit Wifi card Intel Wireless-N Hi guys since some days my wifi has stopped working If I click on Wifi icon it shows only ONE max two NETWORK And I live in a Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect building with networks as you can see from WiFi Analyzer I'm the red one on the right If I deactive reactive Wifi with fn f it goes to Airplane mode and to Wifi mode again and Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect it eventually shows all the networks My Wifi is on the top If it's saved Windows connects to it and then it drops the connection if it's not saved and I try to connect it says quot You're not able to connect to this network quot The fun fact is that after some seconds every network disappear and only one is showed probably the neighbour one I dunno I've already tried to HARD-RESET the notebook keeping the power button for sec with the laptop turned off I've already tried to follow these instructions http support hp com us-en document c updating drivers Intel Windows default Lastest drivers with no success Everytime I install a new drivers I uninstalled the previous one Wireless software reboot I tried to uncheked quot Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power quot on my Wifi hardware settings without success The HP Network support says I didn't choose a Wifi Really The problem is I don't see my Wifi on the list This is not related to a new Windows upgrade since I've installed it months ago and It's the first time I've this problem It always worked I tried different settings too I changed channel I set g on my router APSD off on the router I set quot Magic packet off ad hoc QoS off U-APSD off fat channel off incremental throughput off HT mode off quot on the card setting without success Nothing chaned The Hardware test doesn't detect any failure Note carefully If I go close to the router it shows my network with full power connection and it connects to it Then I go back to my bedroom probably meters far it KEEPS the connection for min and It drops the connection and I can't reconnect to it anymore It always worked perfectly in my room in these months I bought it in March so the distance is not a problem I'm m far from the router In this case It shows my Network Connected and the neighbour network and the other networks The only way I have is USB tethering with my Nexus Linux I tried the Wifi connection on Elementary Freya Ubuntu linux based OS and it shows networks available on the list It has not connection problem with my Wifi but sometimes it stops working the webpages stop loading and I must reboot Wifi to reconnect to it usually after min using it ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What's the problem Is my Wifi card broken Should I call italian support or you have some suggestion

A:Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect

I did a restore factory with HP recovery (I've a dedicated drive for it) and....it worked!
I had to upgrade Win8.1 to 10, but the Wifi problem is solved!

I'm still guessing which was the problem...
Now I'm running Intel drivers ver. 18.30.0.9 and all the networks are working.

In the next days I'm trying to check the linux problem (the factory reset deleted Elementary partition).

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39495-wifi-stop-working-win10-shows-only-one-network-doesnt-connect.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, so I have an Acer laptop, and it won't connect to the internet. Whenever I try it says Local Only and won't let me access anything on the web. This happened a few months ago, and I had recently switched to a new router. I know this question has been asked before, but I've tried all the non-specific solutions, and non of them worked. Please help.

Also it won't even connect when I use a non-wireless, ie cable, connection.

A:Acer Laptop Won't Connect to Internet, Local Only

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

can we see an ipconfig /all and xirrus

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to haveNET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user gu... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-local-only.1064207/
Relevancy 61.92%

I can connect through the cord but HP Laptop HELP (local Solved: can't connect wirelessly only) PLEASE when i try to connect to my wireless connection i get a DNS problem I have made sure my tcp ip were set automatically please help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name hp Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix NetScreen-NS GT Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - D- - E-EF- DHCP Solved: HP Laptop can't connect wirelessly (local only) HELP PLEASE Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR a g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - D-A -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Solved: HP Laptop can't connect wirelessly (local only) HELP PLEASE Mask Lease Obtained Saturday October PM Lease Expires Sunday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E - - - - - D-A -B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Solved: HP Laptop can't connect wirelessly (local only) HELP PLEASE Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D A-AEB - A- -EC FCF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap NetScreen-NS GT Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

A:Solved: HP Laptop can't connect wirelessly (local only) HELP PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-laptop-cant-connect-wirelessly-local-only-help-please.873362/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

My Dell laptop with Vista and SP2 was accessing the Internet fine until a few hours ago, when I pressed the reset button on my router because the Internet was slow. After that my laptop has not been able to connect to the Internet. My desktop which also uses the same router is able to access the Internet fine. I went to the router page (192.168.1.1) and have no idea what settings are right or wrong. How do I solve this problem?

Relevancy 61.92%

After Irene, we kept power and cable, but our internet went down, or so we thought. When we plug the Ethernet cable from the modem into the computer, internet works fine (I can post this, after all), but when we plug the cable from the modem into our Dell TrueMobile 2300 router, our network appears as "Local Only." The phone cable thing is plugged from the wall into the modem, and the ethernet cable goes from the modem to the router, as it has been for years. Both have power. What do I do?

Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys,

I'm aware that this is quite a common issue and i apologize if it's been repeated hundeds of times, but it's driving me crazy.

I have an acer 8920g laptop with an atheros AR8121 pci-e ethernet network card. On my older laptop, the internet connects fine via cable modem and an ethernet cable (this has a broadcom network card). On the newer laptop i just seem to get local access only, with a 169.x.x IP address, no default gateway or DNS server addresses. Both laptops run vista home premium, and i'm totally lost and confused as to where it's going wrong..

Ive been searching a few sites and there doesnt seem to be any definitive answer to this problem

Does anyone know how to fix this before i throw my laptop out of the window?

Thanks

A:Unidentified Network: Local access

Originally Posted by bruen

Hey guys,

I'm aware that this is quite a common issue and i apologize if it's been repeated hundeds of times, but it's driving me crazy.

I have an acer 8920g laptop with an atheros AR8121 pci-e ethernet network card. On my older laptop, the internet connects fine via cable modem and an ethernet cable (this has a broadcom network card). On the newer laptop i just seem to get local access only, with a 169.x.x IP address, no default gateway or DNS server addresses. Both laptops run vista home premium, and i'm totally lost and confused as to where it's going wrong..

Ive been searching a few sites and there doesnt seem to be any definitive answer to this problem

Does anyone know how to fix this before i throw my laptop out of the window?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to vista forums

the 169.254.x.x is local to your machine. we need to take a look at the device manager to make sure your network driver is installed and working.
Start>search>type device manager>goto network adapters. make sure its listed and doesn't have a yellow triangle on it. right click>properties> make sure "working correctly".

let us know the results

ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/251630-unidentified-network-local-access.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I haven't had any problems borwsing my network until a few days ago. I did nothing to change and now i can't get on ANY computers on my network, not even any of hte ones in my room. Going directly through the hub, it is strange. Anything I can do to change the situation would be greatly apprecited as I need to get files off a friends computer. Thanks again
Oh I am running xp pro

A:Can't access local network anymore

Have you asked your school's network admin for help? He may be messing around with a few things...Changing protocols, etc. etc.

You could try a Sneakernet

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-local-network-anymore.2770/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,

I am using windows 7 Home Premium and trying to allow a program to use FTP port 21. I have an electronic device that I need to access through port 21 on the local LAN, but currently I have to disable the firewall each time I want to use the software. I did go into the firewall advanced settings and make a new rule for outgoing and created a rule for FTP 21, but it still blocks my software? Can someone let me know what I missed in the rules setup?

Thanks JR

A:Allow Local Network Port 21 Access

Does the FTP server resides in the device or in your computer? If it's in your computer, you need to make an incoming connection rule instead of outgoing. Outgoing is also allowed by default in Win7, unless you blocked it afterwards.

But regardless, remember that FTP protocol needs additional ports to be open for data connections (21 is used for command channel only). Extra ports will depend on the configuration of both the server and client and what port range they agree to use, and whether passive or active mode is chosen. Please clarify what mode are you attempting and where who the server and client are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339938-allow-local-network-port-21-access.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I apologize in advance I have scrolled through pages and pages of posts here and tried to find my solution I must repost this issue for me I had network only access unidentified - local this issue after building my rig and it miraculously fixed itself one day when I powered the computer on It worked for a few months Then I inadvertantly put my unidentified network - local access only computer into hibernation or sleep instead of powering it off like I normally do Well Vista didn't like that So now I am offline again Parts Vista Home Premium x linksys wireless g router wrt gs cable modem asus extreme gamer mobo with dual nividia NIC on board most current drivers for everything most current firmware for router restarted everything a billion times unpluged replugged etc too uninstalled NIC reinstalled let it assign a driver too dhcp is disabled public or private network is a no go auto config or keyed in ip info no go disabled ipv no help No matter what I get the same result unidentified network access local unidentified network - local access only only ipconfig shows media state disconnected unidentified network - local access only for moste everything cannot ipconfig renew as it says that nothing is in the right status to do this cannot ipconfig release as it encounters an error typed in vista explode stupid vista wont even do that I have a copy of xp pro x I am seriously doing my best to avoid installing it because I would like vista to work but This is the second time I am encountering no internet with vista I have plugged it directly to the modem still has the exact same issue so the router is not involved with the issue It can only be a settings issue a NIC issue a Vista issue I can't remember how to copy out of a cmd box to get my ipconfig on here any suggestions on what to try Spiderchoke

A:unidentified network - local access only

Hello,

I have tried all these options also and then some! I have ran through and tried the netsh reset etc... examples, and have fulled uninstalled all AV / Firewalls and have properly configured my Vista firewall.

I am honestly stumped on this. I have spent over 6 hours on this and it is driving me nuts, someone must have a solution!

Please?

//Edit//

I solved the issue after another hour of tinkering with it. Here is what I did, and I think it's a solid fix!

Go to your "Local Area Connection" and right click. Click on "Properties". Once the window opens un-check "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP / IPv6)".

Once deselected, please select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)". Click on "Properties". Tick the little bubble that says "Obtain an IP address automatically".

Go down where you see the gateway settings. Tick the small bubble that says "Use the following DNS server address:". Please use the following settings:

Preferred DNS Server: 4.2.2.2
Alternate DNS Server: 4.2.2.3

These are Yahoo.com DNS settings and I have been using them for 5 years now. After you set all these settings, reboot the PC and try to ping a website. It should work.

If not, I am fresh out of ideas, this fix worked for me, hope it works for you!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/151375-unidentified-network-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all Had the same issues couple of months ago which I described in this take a look at it to see what s my problem thread So when the problem showed up again now I tried solving it with Network (again) only Unidentified access local the same solution as last time but quot of course quot that would not work now Here is the full reset for Vista Win TCP IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows Start All Programs Accessories and right click on Command Prompt select quot Run as Administrator quot to open a command prompt In the command prompt window that opens type type the following commands each followed by the Enter key Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Reboot the machine Click to expand It s very frustrating Anyone that can help me out on this Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I have been search all over the internet and have try everything with no success This is my information I got from doing ipconfig all on command prompt Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - - - A-AC DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-D -C - - - - - network only) local (access: unidentified A-AC DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected unidentified network (access: local only) Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC- B- -FB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP unidentified network (access: local only) Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E D- - - CD-E C FC BC Physical Address - - - unidentified network (access: local only) - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CE FDB-FFE - BB-AD - C C CFF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-access-local-only.1015328/
Relevancy 61.92%

Good afternoon. I want to beat my head into a wall over this computer today. I told her not to install Norton but she did and since 30 day had expired the Internet has Local Access Only. I have tried many things from: removing Norton, ran CCleaner, turned off IPv6 and turned it back on, device manager is ok (no yellow triangles), services are running, firewalls off, repaired and reset ipconfigs and adapters, and oh...6 or 7 hundred reboots. ;) One thing I noticed was the IPv4 address differs from the default gateway and DHCP server...am I on to something with this or is having differing addresses normal? Let me know if I am missing information. Thank you.

See attached....

Vista SP2
32 bit OS
2 GB RAM

A:Local Access Only on Unidentified Network

Net.tcp Port Sharing Service* and Routing and Remote Access Service were turned off after I rechecked my services and I restarted them. But still Local Access Only.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-access-only-on-unidentified-network-704817.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Good afternoon I want to beat my head Unidentified on Access Only Local Network into a wall over this computer today I told her not to install Norton but she did and since day had expired the Internet has Local Access Only I have tried many things from removing Norton ran CCleaner turned off IPv and turned it Local Access Only on Unidentified Network back on device manager is ok no yellow triangles services are running firewalls off repaired and reset ipconfigs and adapters and oh or hundred reboots One thing I noticed was the IPv address differs from the default gateway and DHCP server am I on to something with this or is having differing addresses normal Let me know if I am missing information Thank you Windows Vista Home Premium SP AMD Turion GB RAM -bit OS Microsoft Windows Version Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Skooter gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheGypsy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- E-B - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ccdf cd c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August PM Lease Expires Sunday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- -DC-AE- - E-EC- - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tx comcast net Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC- - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hsd tx comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hsd tx comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hsd tx comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap sbx galvetx wayport net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap sbx galvetx wayport net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Skooter gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users S... Read more

A:Local Access Only on Unidentified Network

Did you use the Norton Removal Tool when you uninstalled Norton? Norton Removal Tool.Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504842/local-access-only-on-unidentified-network/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I see that many of you are having the same type of issues with Vista though there Unidentified Only Access Network-Local are many different fixes that seem to work for some none have worked for me so far I was asked to help a friend simply download and install Norton as they had inadvertantly uninstalled it and when they tried to download Unidentified Network-Local Access Only it again they kept getting a corrupted file error Unidentified Network-Local Access Only I was simply going to clear the temporary internet file cache and re-download the file from Symantec end of story right No Upon receiving the computer I proceeded to connect all the wires cables etc and boot up the computer for the first time I had it in my possesion Immediately after boot-up I could not get an internet connection as the LAN was reporting quot unidentified network quot and local access only Soo I figured ok I ll just reset the network adapter and all will be fine but windows reported that there is still a problem and I should check my router or modem There is Unidentified Network-Local Access Only no router but we connect to the internet via a Motorola Expedience wireless modem WI After reading posts on several sites for many hours I have tried disabling and reenabling the adapter updating the drivers downloaded and used the norton removal tool changing the network to private then public then back to private again run several commands such as netsh int ip reset resetlog txt netsh winsock reset ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release etc I have unplugged the modem and plugged it back in again restarted the computer countless times and now am completely frustrated that a simple procedure has become this complicated The only thing I know for sure is that this problem is common to windows Vista I am attaching my ipconfig and hoping someone out there can help Thanks so much Windows IP Configuration Host Name TinaEsau-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- C-A - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f eeb c Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FED D -DA - A - -DC EE C A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconn... Read more

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there i ve just updated my pc and laptop to windows vista pc to vista business to network Only wireless Access Local and laptop to vista home premium and other than a sound driver issue on my pc was having no problems this was at home where i had my pc conncted to my Local Access Only to wireless network router by a network cable and was using my laptop wirelessly both happilly acessing the internet since then i have come back to university which is where the problem starts in my university house we have no wired network so i have to connect to the router wirelessly with my pc as well as my laptop my laptop has had no problem with this and i m connected to the internet wirelessly on my laptop right now my pc however which is currently in the same location as my laptop is having trouble accessing the network on my pc i Local Access Only to wireless network can open the connect to a wireless network screen and see the network i want to connect to the signal strength is currently shown as bars i select my network and press connect Local Access Only to wireless network i am told that connecting to the network is taking longer than usual and then that the connection is unsucessful when i open the network and sharing centre it says i am connected to an unidentified network public network and that access is local only connection wireless network connection my network name and that signal strength is very good fyi it is a wep security enabled network we previously had mac address filtering turned on i ve now turned it off while i m trying to fix my pc s connection i have no success getting onto the internet there is a red cross on the line representing the link between my unidentified network and the internet i also cannot ping local addresses or access the router log in page i have tried disabling ipv and also specifying custom settings in ipv using similar settings to those on my laptop that i can see by running ipconfig all on the command line i have spent a lot of time trying to find the latest drivers for the wireless adapter which is on my motherboard ASUS b g Wireless LAN Card in the properties it says the manufacturer is marvell and reports no errors and seems to think it is happy with the drivers it has basically this is very frustrating next thing i intend to try is moving my computer closer to the router and plugging it in with an ethernet cable and running a driver detection wizard to see if it can find any updates for the wireless i would greatly appreciate any help on this to allow me to get online wirelessly wth my pc just like i am with my laptop thanks for looking Matt nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi All

I have going up the walls the last week.
Basically just moved house and got broadband installed, my girlfriends laptop connected automatically, whereas my Compaq CQ60 Presario Notebook WindowsVista will not connect

I have checked so many different forums trying to fix this problem, but to no avail im afraid... it looks like there is an excellent internet connection.... but cannot go on the internet because it says "Unidentified Network local access only"

I have very little knowledge of computers, so appreciate your kind patience in advance

Would very much appreciate if someone might be able to help me out here!

Thanks so much!

Relevancy 61.92%

Here is my computer specs HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Windows Vista bit Service Packet AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz GB of memory Network Driver Atheros AR b g Wifi Adapter Version Now the problem So a week ago I moved into an apartment with Internet provided by Local Access Network Only - Unidentifief Charter Cable The cable goes into a Cisco modem and then a Netgear router When I try connecting to the internet it connects to the modem however my laptop comes up with inidentified network-local access only and by default I don t receive any Internet Unidentifief Network - Local Access Only access I would also like to add that all three roommates have no issues connecting to the Internet Including a laptop with wi does vista I ve already been through many trouble shooting options These include Correct password Restarting my computer Messing with the IPV and the IPV settings and checking that they obtain the address automatically Booting my laptop in safe ode Creating another account Unidentifief Network - Local Access Only and trying to connect that way Deleting previous connections and restarting Disabling all antivirus Avast and firewalls Unidentifief Network - Local Access Only Uninstalling antivirus software avast Installing new antivirus software AVG and many more I ve also tried connecting directly to the modem via Ethernet cable but the same thing happens I ve spent four hours on the phone this week with HP Charter random computer stores in town They all put blame on my laptop s settings but I just don t know what other settings there are that I could modify I ve never had a problem connecting to any networks both wirelessly and wired If anyone can offer me knowledgable advice I would greatly appreciate it Also if you need any other details just let me know Thanks in Advance Austin

A:Unidentifief Network - Local Access Only

FWIW: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistanetworking/thread/1e26fb5b-7d35-47ad-a50d-2025737da6b0

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456391/unidentifief-network-local-access-only/
Relevancy 61.92%

Howdy all Sorry for the long post but I wanted to accurately describe my problem and my actions Thanks for your help in advance I have searched many forums and tried many fixes but none seem to do any good Nobody's problem description is exactly like mine so I thought I would post my problem I have a Sony Vaio laptop on a home network that uses a Netgear WGR v internet - only no Local access network router with the Local network access only - no internet latest firmware installed This laptop has had network and internet access for almost years with no problems that is until mid June I have other computers connected to this network and have no trouble connecting to the network and internet One is Local network access only - no internet a desktop that is wired XP one laptop that is wireless XP and other devices that connect wireless as well itouches and a Wii I have tried rebooting the sony laptop resetting the winsock releasing and renewing the IP addresses rebooting the router and modem disabling TCP Ipv and uninstalling Bonjour Clicking on the red X has not resolved the problem or offered any helpful suggestions and I have not had any known changes by my service provider I have also tried disabling Window's Firewall I don't have any other firewall installed and haven't since first getting the laptop and currently run Grisoft AVG Free I haven't installed anything new lately except for any automatic updated from Microsoft or AVG The system does show several updated for June th The curious thing is that I can still browse the network and access other computer's files I simply cannot access the internet When I plug the laptop into a wired connection I can access the internet just fine I have attached a screen shot of the Network and Sharing Center Below are the results of ipconfig all ------------ Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kristin-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- E-F -D DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- -FA- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e bb bbc e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday July PM Lease Expires Friday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- E- - - A- -FA- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D ACF - - E B- -D BE B span font br span style font-family Times New Roman font size D span Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F B AA-FBCD- D - C- AB D span font br span style font-family Times New Roman font size EB span Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ----------- I am at a loss on what to do now Any advice or help is greatly appreciated Thanks TexasJeff

A:Local network access only - no internet

You wireless connection does not have a default gateway connection configured. If you are trying to use the wireless connection you need to enable DHCP. Look at your wired connection.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/280568-local-network-access-only-no-internet.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an HP laptop that I connect to the internet using a wireless Linksys router. I haven't had any problems with the wireless. I connected today via ethernet to the router. I received "Unidentified network...Local access only". I then rebooted the router and modem with the same result. I then connected the modem directly to the laptop with the same result(after rebooting the modem and computer).

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Relevancy 61.49%

I can't connect to the internet. When I double click Local Area Network under Network connections it says it has both sent and received packets. It is set to automatically acquire an ip address. The computer is connected to a router. I can ping 192.168.1.1 but when I try to reach my router's settings it says page can't be loaded. I tried to hook the computer up directly to the modem and connect that way. It said it was connected and it was sending packets but I still couldn't do anything. I've turned off the windows firewall. The computer is Windows XP SP1. Any ideas?

More info:

ip config /all
netstat -n
ping&tracert 192.168.1.1

A:Solved: Can't connect to internet but Local Area Network is sending packets

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-internet-but-local-area-network-is-sending-packets.986478/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a home network called 'workgroup' on my win 7 laptop i see my xp desktop and my win home server machine. I used to be able to see these machine under the 'network folder' in the explorer but now the laptop cannot find or detect them. I have checked that home group is not being used, that the windows firewall is off, that the advanced setup for the home network has discovery turned on. The other machines on the network see each other so it is a problem with some setting in the win 7 machine that has changed because it used to work fine.

A:Laptop cannot see other PC's but Network Map Shows them

Hi, hope you enjoy these forums.

Try this, go to control panel, network, network and sharing and go with the first option which will start the network wizardy thing. Answer the questions and keep everything crossed.
Make sure the Group name is the same as the other PC's and the others are setup for sharing, you may need to run the wizard on those too. The screen should look pretty much like this.

Give it a wiz ! sorry awful pun intended.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/232890-laptop-cannot-see-other-pcs-but-network-map-shows-them.html
Relevancy 61.06%

First I'm on my iPhone and it's driving me crazy so if somebody has asked this ? I'm sorry. My internet is not working I try to pull it up and it says not connection to the Internet is currently available and it asks me if I want to work offline or try again then I get Internet cannot display webpage. Tryed the diagnose and no luck. Tryed the comcast desktop doctor to no avail. After being on the phone with comcast cable for bout 45 min trying diff things they said everything on there end is working fine. I just keep geting unidentified network and I cannot fig it out and need help. Ty

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys I m trying to fix this laptop for a friend of my dad As the title of the thread says when I try to connect to any wireless network Network and Sharing Center shows the network to be Public and refuses to connect displaying Only Access: Local Solved: (Please - Public help!) Network quot Access Local Only quot Currently my network is set up as ATT Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) DSl -- gt modem -- gt router which is then connected to my wired connection and broadcasts wirelessly AN IMPORTANT POINT I have another computer running Windows connected wirelessly and another running Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) Windows connected via wired connection The Vista laptop connects to the internet perfectly when an ethernet cable is used but a wireless connection results in the aforementioned error I ve browsed through what seems like thousands of pages of people with the same problem but no one really seems to know what the cause is Here s all the stuff I ve tried so far TCP IP refresh repair pinging sites timeout uninstalling Norton uninstalling Mcafee turns out they had them both installed disabling UAC trying to connect to router homepage while wireless failed DHCP disabling installing SP SP updates Windows network diagnostic generic answers and no working solutions disabling firewall windows generic multiple system restores disabling IPv making sure IP Addess and DNS are assigned automatically connecting to an unsecured network in the hopes that it might have just been my network booting Linux and wirelessly connecting to the router working updated all device drivers Atheros AR Don t know what else to do I m currently writing this from the problematic computer which is directly connected to the router via ethernet cable and its working fine I can usually figure this stuff out pretty easily but I m totally stumped My suggestion to my dad s friend was quot Downgrade to XP upgrade to quot but he doesn t want to spend money on upgrading a year-old laptop and can t afford to buy a new one If you need any screen caps or ping results or anything please let me know I ll get them ASAP Oh yeah running VISTA HOME PREMIUM SERVICE PACK bit on a Compaq C Notebook PC Thanks again nbsp

A:Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-public-network-access-local-only-please-help.983081/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi All I have a problem with one machine accessing the local network Here are the symptoms It all started after the computer reset a few times in a row caused by a duff PSU I lost access to the NAS drive through Mapped drive letters and realised that I but access local OK network internet Solved: Can't had no access to the local domain I have Internet access Like now I can access the NAS via the Internet I tried re-registering the computer name and workgroup I can change the name but there is a message quot you Solved: Can't access local network but internet OK must install networking before you can change the domain of this computer quot I have tried the usual winsockfix and set the computer to normal startup just in case I have a quite old clone of the system drive and when running the computer from that the computer can access the local network with no problems So this must be a corrupt file somewhere How do I find out which files are duff nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

There is PC1 (Windows 7) and PC2 (Server 2008). Both PC's are connected to a local network. PC2 has WampServer installed on it, with my current website project files on it. How do I access that website that is on PC2 via a browser on PC1?

Relevancy 61.06%

Well I've been looking around the forums for people with this issue on Vista. Problem is that it's ALL laptops. I probably haven't been searching long enough but I rather get this help personally.
So my issue like alot of people's is that I get Unidentified Network- Access: Local Only

This is probably the SECOND time this has happened and the time BEFORE I went to Staples and had to give a hundred bucks because of a "so-called virus". So I dont wanna waste my money. And they said to remove the "virus" you could 1. Clean The Whole PC and start out new or 2. Erase only the "virus and keep everything else. I chose #1 because it was CHEAPER.

So anyway my info:
Vista 32-Bit
AT&T
Modem
Modem connected to three PC's (ALL DESKTOPS)
When there was no internet I sorted,defragged,virus scanned,cleaned the PC.

Will upload pics later today.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/285459-vista32bit-unidentified-network-access-local-only.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a laptorunning win7 32 bit on my locAL NETWORK. when I try and access the 64 bit win 7 computer it shows up as a network computer, but I get the message that the network path does not exist or is miss spelled which it is not) I have anetwork printer and I can not access it either. All in all the network does not seme to recognize the main computer path where the printer is installed. Any suggestions

A:Win 7 32 bit computer can't access win 7 64 bit comoputer on local network

Info from Microsoft on Windows 7 file sharing -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ons-of-Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...rinter-sharing
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...s-with-someone
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ing-essentials
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...sked-questions
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...inter-problems
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...hare-a-printer
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...inter-problems

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-32-bit-computer-cant-access-win-7-64-bit-comoputer-on-local-network-536607.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I have a hewlett-packard HP G60 Notebook PC. Processor: AMD Sempron SI-40 2.00 GHz, Ram: 3.00 GB, with a 32-bit Operating System. I also have Windows Vista on my machine. The problem I'm having is that I cannot connect to the internet. It shows unidentified network with local only access. I have rebooted, reset the router (netgear), did a system restore but to no avail. I tried uninstalling norton anti virus on this machine earlier in case that might have something to do with it. I was trying to uninstall that because i have gotten the BSOD while trying to scan with Avast which is probably a totally different issue and I didn't want two anti viruses on the machine.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hey I tired connecting my Sony TV to the internet.It wouldn't connect automatically so I manually entered
IP Address 192.168.1.200
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1
Primary DNS 192.168.1.1
Secondary DNS 0.0.0.0

When it tested that it only gave me local access but not internet access. What else can I do to fix this? I use a netgear router WPN824N.

A:Sony TV only has local access not network acccess

change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - thats google open public DNS
also I assume the other numbers are correct for your network
can we see an ipconfig /all from a working PC
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-tv-only-has-local-access-not-network-acccess.1030770/
Relevancy 61.06%

I know many people probably still aren't using Vista, but I was so happy to find the answer, I needed to let as many people know as I could. I spent many frustrated hours trying to get my Vista wireless network working and finally found the answer. Here is a link to these wonderful people who found it. All you have to do is upgrade your wireless adapter driver. Mine was the infamous Atherous AR5007.

Cheers, and spread the word if you would. I know it probably still can help many people.

http://www.kc.co.uk/help-and-support/articles/atheros-drivers-and-vista-unidentified-networks/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only-on-unidentified-network-vista.1167857/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have looked at a number of forums and sites for an answer to this question, but all the suggested remedies have had no impact.
At some time in the recent past, my local network has dropped out and while all computers on the network can still access the internet, they cannot connect to each other, as the Network and Sharing Centre show no network connection. The network map shows
the other computers but shows no connection between the modem/router and router/internet.
I am running W7 64bit with an onboard network adaptor, cable modem and 4-port/wireless router (Linksys WRT54G2)
I have uninstalled/reinstalled the network card, disabled the firewall and anti-virus protection, manually entered the LAN settings, reinstalled/updated drivers for the modemand router, but nothing is helping. I have yet to uninstall any Windows updates
or reinstall W7, which seem to be the last resorts.
Any other suggestions?

A:Cannot conect to a local network, but have internet access

I have just spent an excruciating week + supporting a client with the same issue over production W7 Laptops running Ultimate x64.  Their problem related to Updates KB2750841 and KB2735855 and maybe ESET Nod32, they also operate DirectAccess. 
We backed out of the patches on the 2008 R2 servers but this did not have any impact.
Applying Hotfix KB2789397 to the Laptops fixed the issue
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2789397?wa=wsignin1.0.
According to an ESET article there are similar problems with W8 but no patch yet.
The ESET problem (initially reported to MS by ESET in November according to their moderator on Wilders Security Forums
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=332920).  ESET knowledgebase article

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3145&pmv=print&impressions=false specifically relates to downloading their updates but we found connectivity problems previously experienced pre W7 SP1 had returned with connectivity
deteriorating a few weeks after the patches KB2750841 and KB2735855 had been applied, eventually resulting in no domain access at all as the wrong firewall policies were being applied by W7.
Hotfix KB2789397 acted like an antibiotic and once the Laptops had re-synchrionised their policies and files all was well again and I have just had my first good nights sleep in a week.BobK ;)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/be0dda8f-98b5-48dc-95d6-663b360c169f/cannot-conect-to-a-local-network-but-have-internet-access?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 61.06%

I know this has been talked about beaten with a stick and poked as dead Anyone have a real answer yet I am an local unidentified access network - - Wireless only HP support tech We have had hundreds of calls reguarding the quot unidtified network quot quot local access only quot After trying every patch fix reghack found here nothing is really solving the problem Will there be a statement from MS with a real fix that works There is no set fields I can specify I have seen this with all Wireless - local access only - unidentified network flavors of Vista and with just about every brand of router out there Wireless just does not work Users say they have recently been in a Wireless - local access only - unidentified network public location and now their home will not work or that the unit has not been out of the house Wireless - local access only - unidentified network and it suddenly quit Personally I have had the user get onto a wired network and spent hours using remote access to try the options listed here and have had success only about of the time Will MS help us with this problem or just keep being silent on the issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/040d9fe6-059d-449a-bbe7-fcb856e800fc/wireless-local-access-only-unidentified-network?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 61.06%

Can anyone please tell me why when connecting wirelessly under Windows to a wireless access point I am unable to change the quot Network Type quot from Public to Home thus no connection to the Internet is allowed I cannot change any of the parameters of the network at all Under XP on the same network I have no problems at all I have set up three access points by simply adding additional wireless modems of the same unable Local Network access Home only: set to brand as the primary modem turning off DCHP and U PnP and assigning a unique IP address to avoid DCHP conflicts as I understood it Which Local access only: unable to set Home Network change would I have to make to the access points such that Windows fully recognises each access point Local access only: unable to set Home Network and allow me to assign them to type quot Home quot I don't have the units here I was helping a Local access only: unable to set Home Network friend so am unable to currently provide specific details beyond the fact that they are new ish Netgear modems Thank you

A:Local access only: unable to set Home Network

Have you tried this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160174-local-access-only-unable-set-home-network.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all The last couple of days I have had some troubles with my wireless internet connection Solved: Network Unidentified access only local The problem seems to be quot Unidentified Network local access only quot This is what I have set up Desktop PC XP Laptop Vista Solved: Unidentified Network local access only Speedtouch T Modem Jensen AirLink router It has been working perfectly fine ever since I set it up until the last couple of days The internet on my desktop PC which is connected directly through the modem is working fine but the wireless network is not I recently installed some Windows updates on the laptop and thought that they might be the source to the problem but uninstalling the updates didn t help so I doubt that s the problem then That s one of the issues here what is really my problem All the lights that should be blinking are in fact blinking on both the modem and the router It s working fine on my desktop PC so it surely can t be the internet connection that s the problem here It says that I m connected to an quot Unidentified Network with local access only quot when I connect to my wireless network so I can t go online on the laptop go online on my PS etc And it s getting really annoying Tried this guide but with no help Please help me out here Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I have two network cards that connect to two different networks. The first network only should communicate with the computers on the local network and the second should be used to connect to the internet.

How do I force the computer to use a given NIC for internet access and the other for local file sharing etc?

A:Block NIC from internet access but not local network

Instead of two nics for access to different networks and functions, would it be easier to have just one nic if you could find something that restricted all network traffic allowed in/.out of the NIC so it would only talk to networks you want and use remote services you want, etc.

Would that fill the need? You need one NIC and a firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/block-nic-from-internet-access-but-not-local-network.114342/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello folks,

I was able to revive my computer after a fake anti virus malware infection followed by a nt_authority shutdown loop but now have lost connection to my local network domain. I connect to the internet and all else seems to be operating normally.

I have searched for possible fixes and none have worked.

My computer network id and change options are greyed out under the computer name option.

I tried starting the workstation service and it states it is unable to run because of server specific error 2205.

I have also tried cleaning the registry and a chkdsk /r in the recovery console and still cannot seem to reconnect.

Thank you for any help.

Bryan
The DDS scan would hang up about %75 of the way through and freeze the computer so it never completed, I tried disabling my anti virus but had the same result.

Attached is my gmer log.

A:Recovered computer after fake antivirus malware now unable to connect to local network

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/423626 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423626/recovered-computer-after-fake-antivirus-malware-now-unable-to-connect-to-local-network/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys,
todays been a frustrating day. i am running win 7 and my LAC says "unidentified connection" no internet access. i can still connect wireless to other connection. i've searched online tried all kinds of things but they don't work. i am running comcast broadband connection through a marvel yukon ethernet. any ideas would be greatly apreciated. this is very important. i can't get my work done from home anymore!

thanks
nik

A:Unidentified Network-no access to local area connection

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : TRENDnet
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::cd60:97c9:f106:e75%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.110
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.mi.comcast.net.
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b81e:d21b:cabf:1755%11
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 71.227.81.255
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.248.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 71.227.80.1

Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft 6To4 Adapter:

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 14:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 21:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 17:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 20:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 23:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 24:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 25:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 18:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 28:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 15:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 27:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 16:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 29:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 30:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 32:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 31:

Connection-specific ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220689-unidentified-network-no-access-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 60.63%

hi all wondering if anyone can help as no one at bt can, they say its my computer?
basically i have been running windows vista and the bt home hub for over a year with no issuses,
I moved the computer so unplugged ect.. and put it all back the same way but now i can not get on line has unidentified network and local only, i have tried to reinstall the bt hub and broadband but can not get it to pick the hub up at all can any one give me a idea of what i can do ??
also have got bt to send me a new hub incase it was that changed all the wires but still not that so must be the pc, have heard it an be to do with vista?? but can i fix it!??

A:bt home hub to vista, unidentified network access local only ??

We will assist you here. Please do not duplicate your Post/Thread in the near future.

Closed!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bt-home-hub-to-vista-unidentified-network-access-local-only-500028.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Windows 7 Connects to local network ok, but No Internet Access, i tried to reset dns, tcp/ip, but the same problem appear, but when I'm trying using modem, internet is working fine..
i get the yellow triangle with exclamation point in the taskbar saying "No Internet Access". I've tried shutting off the firewall, setting the connection to public, etc. with no change. I've also gone through the Windows Network Diagnostic process and it says... "local Area Connection 2 doesn't have a valid IP Configuration"

please help

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi All and thanks for your help before hand I am running Windows Vista Service Pack on a Sony Vaio VGN-FW E Wireless adapter Intel R WiFi Link AGN Yesterday My laptop froze so I did a hard reboot shutting it down via power button When the machine came back on it was displaying unidentified Network on my Network Map and Access Local Only Access - - Local disconnected Network Unientified Media I have trawled through various threads and conducted netsh calalog cmd s repaired the registry with a tool from softpedia ect All of these attempts have been unsuccessful I have copied the Log from the CMD ipconfig all I really Unientified Network - Local Access - Media disconnected hope I can get this fixed without having to take it to pc worl or somewhere like that Thanks for all your help guys and galls Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Point Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- -F -CC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b e f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - F- - - D-BA- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA-B -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F - F B- - CA- D CB br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EC Unientified Network - Local Access - Media disconnected D -F ED- C- D-CD E br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Unientified Network - Local Access - Media disconnected

First thing is to do a system restore because most registry tools are going to doof the system. So first things first do a system restore to before the registry tool was used. Then report the results please

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268963-unientified-network-local-access-media-disconnected.html
Relevancy 60.63%

hello all,

This is my first posting here.

I have two computer connected through LAN and botah have XP. My one computer has internet connection and I am using Windos internet sharing for my second computer.

For past few days, I am unable to upload from file from my second PC (which doesnt have direct internt connection) .. previously everything was working fine but now when i try to uplaod any file using FTP programme from second computer, it will show the progress bar of uploading but it never never complete 100% uploading.. it hangs..

Please help me

Regards
Tabish

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone my roommates laptop has been having issues connecting ever since i got rid of the old Modem Router ISP ComcastOld Modem Router access/ Windows Local network Unidentified vista ArrisNew ModemMotorola SB SURFboard DOCSIS Cable ModemNew RouterASUS Dual-Band Wireless-N Router RT-N U Laptop SpecsWindows Vista Home PremiumToshiba satellite a Processor intel celeron cpu ghzRAM GB bit OSSo what happened is I decide to buy my own modem and router returned the one comcast was charging me for I bought the ones stated above My computer and my laptop had little to no issues connecting to the new router My roommates connected then said local access limited or no connectivity It was connected for a little bit I Windows vista Local access/ Unidentified network tried Windows update cause I noticed a lot of things was out dated I thought it was fixed he told me the other day it wasn't Well now I Windows vista Local access/ Unidentified network cant get a connection at all What I have tried Google the problemI have been on Microsoft sites and various sites trying to fix it no luck Anti virus and firewall NO NORTON or McAfee installed Windows firewall disabled Installed malwarebytes No spyware malware dected Direct connection to modemI unhooked the router and plugged the ethernet cable to the laptop directly no luck Ive disabled the IPv connection No luck there either Updated the driversAtheros ARG EG wireless network adpaterRealtek RTL EFamily PCI-E Fast ethernet NICNo luck after that eitherScreen shothttp s postimg org h n p er message edited by Authority

A:Windows vista Local access/ Unidentified network

Ok....Now the laptop not connecting can you go back into network and connection sharing center, click on "manage connection" and then right click on the wireless connection, make sure both versions 4 and 6 are check and under the tcp/ip properties for both IPV4 & IPV 6 are set to "obtain an address automatically" and below to make sure it is set to obtain DNS server automatically. clicking ok. If that does nothing try setting the router to a specific channel rather than auto.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/windows-vista-local-access-unidentified-network/13550.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello My Windows desktop computer suddenly cannot get No connection internet? Cannot - the access get area network on local on the internet It's connected via an ethernet cable and was working fine until this morning It says it is connected to an quot unidentified network quot which is public but that there is no network access When I look at the local area connection's settings it says no network access for both IPv connectivity and IPv connectivity Activity says packets are being sent but not received nbsp ipconfig all results are posted below Windows IP Configuration Host Name user-PCPrimary Dns Suffix lt blank gt Node Type hybridIP Routing Enabled NoWINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Netlink No network access local area connection - Cannot get on the internet? Gigabit EthernetPhysical Address - - -C - - DDHCP Enabled YesAutoconfiguration Enabled YesLink-Local IPv Address lt not sure if necessary to post gt Autoconfiguration IPv Address - Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway lt blank gt DHCPv IAID lt not sure if necessary to post gt DHCPv Client DUID nbsp nbsp lt not sure if necessary to post gt DNS Serves nbsp nbsp lt not sure if necessary to post strings of numbers letters gt NetBIOS over Tcpip enabled Tunnel adapter isatap and Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface both say media state is disconnected I can type out the ipconfig results for those if it's necessary Would've posted a photo but didn't feel like waiting for a verification so hopefully it's easy enough to read the results Any help would be appreciated Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/62aeaf66-d143-4040-be4a-e3ed1552afee/no-network-access-local-area-connection-cannot-get-on-the-internet?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 60.63%

Fresh install of Windows build -bit nbsp The network interface on my Intel DP SG motherboard was detected by Windows but I No ok, Windows to 7 but Access network Internet local Connects also tried installing updated drivers directly from Intel and updating the BIOS nbsp My Windows 7 Connects to local network ok, but No Internet Access local IP address is pulled from the DHCP on my router just fine nbsp I can view other PC's on my network and access their shared drives without any problems nbsp The other PC's have access to the internet as well without issues even another one running Windows RC build though I get the yellow triangle Windows 7 Connects to local network ok, but No Internet Access with exclamation point in the taskbar saying quot No Internet Access quot nbsp I've tried shutting off the firewall setting the connection to public etc with no change nbsp I've also gone through the Windows Network Diagnostic process and it says quot Your computers seems to be connected properly but the device or resource www microsoft com is not responding quot nbsp I also attempted to PING WWW MICROSOFT COM from a CMD prompt and it is able to use DNS to find the IP for www microsoft com is but there is no response and the PING times out I looked through a bunch of forums and there seem to be others with similar issues but I didn't find any resolution nbsp Please help

A:Windows 7 Connects to local network ok, but No Internet Access

Hi,

You may try the following suggestions to check the issue.

Suggestion 1: Reset and restart the router.

Suggestion 2: Search and update the firmware for your router, if the firmware update is available on the manufacturer’s website.

Suggestion 3: Reset TCP/IP and DNS
=====================
1. Click the “Start” button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
2. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Please enter the following commands, and press enter after each

NETSH  INT  IP  RESET
IPCONFIG  /FLUSHDNS

4. Restart the computer to check the issue.

Suggestion 4: Assign a static gateway
=====================
1. Click "Start", input "NCPA.CPL" (without quotation marks) to Search box and press Enter.
2. Right-click the network connection (Local Area Connection) and click "Properties".
3. Click to highlight "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click "Properties".
4. Point "Use the following IP address". According to your router’s settings, fill in the “IP address”, “Subnet mask” and “Default gateway”.
6. Click “OK”

What’s the result?

If the issue persists, please upload your System Information to SkyDrive and provide us the link for analyzing.

How to collect the System Information
==========================
1. Press “Start”, type in “msinfo32” (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and then press Enter.
2. Choose Save from the File menu and save it as an NFO file.
3. Find the file, right-click on this file, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".
4. Send the compressed file to us via SkyDrive.

Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c0c52150-098c-4c5f-b2f9-8b7170b6f69f/windows-7-connects-to-local-network-ok-but-no-internet-access?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey I am currently having a Vista issue where I am only getting PUBLIC ACCESS to my network which consists of computers connecting together with a shared internet source going Internet Vista? Local Access. Only Unidentified Network; No out to each computer except the Vista machine Setup Desktop PC Windows Ultimate Internet source LAN ports shared for internet access throughout network with STATIC IP other for normal access through network and RDC Automatically Assign IP Wireless Card Not in use Notebook Lap Windows Ultimate Just wireless access to internet Media Center MC Windows HP Wired LAN access to internet Desktop PC Windows Vista HP This machine only has a LAN port on it and thats the only device connected to it I have a Linksys Router configured to send out wireless and also LAN configured to the Wired Desktops The notebook is the only thing to use wireless and occasionally my Windows Phone I have checked that each other computer thats connected is getting internet access and they are But when you jump on the Unidentified Network; Only Local Access. No Internet Vista? vista machine I can connect to each computer on the network and access shared folders and gear etc but cant access the internet I think this may have something to do with the computer only having the PUBLIC access and have tried to change it to HOME-WORK network profile but have had no luck changing it The only thing I can change it to is PUBLIC Network or PRIVATE Network and there is no options to pick what type of network profile you want to connect to If anyone has any suggestions and or fix please please leave an answer below If you need any more information on specs of any of Unidentified Network; Only Local Access. No Internet Vista? the device let me know Thankyou for any and all responses

A:Unidentified Network; Only Local Access. No Internet Vista?

This is because a Public network can be dangerous you need to change it to Private network for Internet Access

Go to start

Control Panel

Network and Internet > Network and Sharing center

then click Customize

and select Private

Enter an Admin Password if UAC Appears

Then Restart your Computer and check the Internet connection

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283381-unidentified-network-only-local-access-no-internet-vista.html
Relevancy 60.2%

We moved and I've set up our wireless router. I've been able to get my acer laptop, HP printer and two iphones connected. When it comes to getting my husbands acer laptop connected I get local access only. What can I do to correct the problem?

His laptop is:
Acer 5420-5687
Windows Vista Home Premium

Router Netgear N300 Wireless Router - WNR2000

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista I connect to the Local access laptop Solved: for only Internet via a Netgear WGR v router and we have a cable modem for our desktop The other day our cable Solved: Local only access for laptop went out and when it came back up our desktop did not have Internet access through the router but the laptop did Then my brother performed a diagnostic scan on our desktop and from that point on the desktop could connect to the Internet but my laptop cannot I Solved: Local only access for laptop have tried everything to get it working but cannot It says it is connected to the network but has local only access Thanks in advance for any help you can provide Here is the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kechia-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection Specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- E-D - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a f b b bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-A - -BB- - E-EC- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specifc DNS suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC- - - DHCP Enabled No Authoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specifc DNS suffix Description isatap E DBB F- A- C - B -C DB D F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Authoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specifc DNS suffix Description isatap D B-FDFB- - - AF D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Authoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specifc DNS suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Authoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specifc DNS suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Authoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specifc DNS suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Authoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp