Windows Support Forum

Add PC to existing wifi network

Q: Add PC to existing wifi network

I would like to add another PC to my existing wifi home network. I use a Belkin wireless router connected directly to one PC via cable. I have a 2nd PC connected via wireless adapter (trendnet) in the back of the house. The 3rd PC, which I want to add, is about 6 feet away from the 2nd PC. Can I connect the 2nd and 3rd PC's with a cable or do I have to use another wireless adapter? I have an adapter but rather not use it if I don't have to. Would I have a problem with the adapters close to each other? I didn't hook up the original network so I need to know what to do.

Thanks,
Jim

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Add PC to existing wifi network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Add PC to existing wifi network

Your choice. If you connect the PCs by ethernet you need a cross-over cable unless at least one of the ports is auto-sensing (MDI/MDIX). Then bridge the wireless and ethernet connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-pc-to-existing-wifi-network.745855/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,

I have a network that has a broadband cisco router and checkpoint firewall that I cannot touch. It was set up by our dept of Education, and has to be left alone. But one of the teachers has asked me to set up wifi access for the network.

I have set up a wireless access point D-link DWL-G700AP , and I can configure this assign IP addresses on the network, BUT I have to manually set the DNS and the gateway on the clients manually. The whole idea is to make this oblivious to the user.

Is there any device that I can get to act as a DHCP relay, to forward the DHCP broadcasts to the checkpoint firewall, i.e. so that both wired and wireless clients get their IP address, gateway and DNS servers from the checkpoint firewall.

thanks,
Jonathan

Relevancy 72.24%

Basic issue I can connect to a certain wifi network with no issues until the computer goes to sleep or restarts existing Issues to WiFi open re-connecting network then I randomly have issues connecting I am Issues re-connecting to existing open WiFi network currently deployed At my location we have wifi with many access points scattered around the base All are the Issues re-connecting to existing open WiFi network same name My issue is that in the last week or so I put my computer to sleep or restart it and suddenly I will be unable to connect to the very same network that was just working fine I have wifi on my phone and it works fine at these times also my roommate can connect with no issues The issue can only be resolved by doing a system restore What I have tried -restarting no help -removing the wireless network and reconnecting no help -removing the wireless network and also completely uninstalling the drivers to my wifi card no help -powering down just the wifi device with the off switch -deleting my homegroup and making a new one -releasing renewing IP no effect -doing an infinite combination of the above steps My computer will quot connect quot to the network but will be with quot limited access quot that is to say no internet access The only way to resolve this seems to be to do a system restore to or earlier I have disabled windows updates so nothing gets installed after I restore I m not changing anything that I can think of after the restore The only trigger seems to be my computer going to sleep waking it up and then bam dead internet Or I restart for something and then I am also screwed My options at a deployed location are somewhat limited I don t have my system images or windows discs with me so a complete reinstall is out and no desirable anyways Any advice on what I can check next Or maybe what to try next time it inevitably happens Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Issues re-connecting to existing open WiFi network

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver. If it is an integrated adapter get the driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-re-connecting-to-existing-open-wifi-network.1050230/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi all Not sure if you remember me been gone for a while So far I have a cable linksys router for my rigs at home Works great - constant internet access no hiccups it s awesome However lately I ve been thinking of using some WiFi devices mainly Apple s Ipod Touch when I m just bored around the house or something But there s a slight problem - how do I get WiFi I guess if I had a wireless router it d all quot just work quot However I like my current setup and don t want extensive switching to a whole WiFi cabled (router) Adding existing system? to network an different router what am I going to Adding WiFi to an existing cabled network (router) system? do with these cables I spent so much time on routing around doors and walls Is there some kind of WiFi quot antenna quot I can connect to my router more open slots right now which I can use for wireless devices Or maybe connect a wireless router to my cabled router O o Also after I Adding WiFi to an existing cabled network (router) system? get a wireless thing do I expect it to quot just work quot Or is there some complicated setup involving WiFi I searched Adding WiFi to an existing cabled network (router) system? Newegg but didn t find anything of the sort other than wireless routers obviously Any cheap solution I don t want to splurge another bucks after getting handheld WiFi-enabled device - - nbsp

A:Adding WiFi to an existing cabled network (router) system?

Rick said:

A wireless access point should be the solution. They look a lot like routers usually - but without the routing stuff. .

This device would basically just add wireless capability to your existing setup without interfering with your current configuration.

An issue to consider though is that APs tend to be just as expensive as their router counterparts, despite routers having more versatility. For this reason, you may want to consider getting a router, but turning off its DHCP-server function and not plugging any devices into is WAN port (basically turns it into an AP). It would add a little extra confusion, but the extra utility might be nice...Click to expand...

Aha, interesting... Any specific pointers for a wireless access point? I actually read about them in a how stuff works WiFi article, but I couldn't find anything specific on Newegg. If I were to get a wireless router (again, any specific pointers? ), do I have to replace my main router? Or can I connect the wireless router to one of my main router slots :evil:?

Either way, thanks for the quick reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-to-an-existing-cabled-network-router-system.100688/
Relevancy 56.33%

Running Win7 Ultimate 32bit here

Am unable to connect to any NEW Wifi Networks that are detected.
The WiFi Adapter sees them just fine - just cannot connect to them.

However am able to connect to existing networks
(SSIDs that already appear in "Manage Wireless Networks").

Furthermore, If I boot into my Win7 Enterprise for work, everything works good.

For example:
I have a saved WiFi connection for my Verizon Hotspot device, that I can always connect to.
But if am at hotel (no encryption), and want to connect to their wireless, It fails to connect...

Is there some sort of Windows Service that might be failing?

I am trying to avoid having to do a Windows Restore, because I fear that it might intefere with
recently installed programs...

A:Cannot connect to any NEW WiFi Networks - only existing...

I think the real problem here is you are trying to connect to unsecured networks.

Windows 7 won't allow this unless you change the network type to Public, as this will secure the files and folders on your machine.

Follow the link which shows you how to change to a Public network and also tells you why the Public network option is there.

Network Location - Set as Home, Work, or Public Network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274964-cannot-connect-any-new-wifi-networks-only-existing.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Can someone laptop connection to wireless DSL from has a via wifi web that router existing Send plese help me with this I would like to take Send existing web connection to a wireless router via laptop that has wifi from DSL and existing web connection thats on a laptop and send it to a new Netgear wireless modem providing an internet connection for devices out of the wifi modem My original connection is from a DSL modem and is connected via wifi to my laptop Here is what i tried so far The router i want to use now is connected to my laptop via Ethernet cable and goes into the Wan port of the router First i simply turned on sharing on my existing wifi connection and the internet icon on the router is green but when i go to status of the router it says no web connection and devices such as an ipod don t receive any internet Next i tried to bridge the connection but that did not work either even though my laptop showed that they were bridged Please help as i have spent hours on this already Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Send existing web connection to a wireless router via laptop that has wifi from DSL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-existing-web-connection-to-a-wireless-router-via-laptop-that-has-wifi-from-dsl.1104218/
Relevancy 53.75%

sorry about the long post but i don t know of any other way to get these questions answered i have had for some time a home network consisting of desktops all with win XP and they share a common printer i just recently got a laptop with win starter with wireless internet con i would like to network the new laptop with win starter to my existing win XP network but windows starter says i can t without spending some more with microsoft in win to to control panel gt homegroup gt introducing homegroup it says quot you can t create your own homegroup with this edition but you can join one created by someone on your network who is running win home premium quot questions does this statement mean that PC's network existing PC to starter win7 to win containing 3 XP network if i bought the full-blown ver home premium i could then install it on one of the three computers and create a homegroup and then be able to share files and printer with the laptop that contains win starter keeping in mind i need to network all computers and the printer would i have to install the win home premium on all three of the computers or could i just install it on one and leave the other two with XP to install home premium on all three would i have to puchase a license for each pc or would i be able to install it on all three for the same nickel i also notice i could upgrade the win starter to home prem for about depending on where i buy it if i bought the upgrade and installed it on the laptop could i then create a homegroup that would allow sharing of all pc s and the printer i did do a forum search found several that were close but nothing that would help i m just looking for the cheapest way to network everything together - if anyone can think of a better than what i m considering i m all ears any help app roger nbsp

A:network win7 starter PC to to existing network containing 3 win XP PC's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-win7-starter-pc-to-to-existing-network-containing-3-win-xp-pcs.1000540/
Relevancy 51.6%

Win XP sP2 with home network (Linksys)
HD crash I replaced it and reloaded all Programs
Existing home nework wireless has my Laptops connected & working like usual
trying to add old PC which is directly contected via RJ45 to the router
not sure how to add it back on to existing network
PC does have internet connexion
Norton 2007 firewall in place

Any ideas, suggested website or directions would be appreciated

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a network at the office. On one of the computers I just reformatted and reinstalled the OS, WinXP Pro. I want to hook it up to the Network.

I tried to but it did not work. I set the PC name and then set the name of the workgroup to the one the other PCs are running. No good.

What do I need to do to add the PC to the network?

Relevancy 51.6%

Staying in a hotel that has a wireless router (chinese brand) hardwired to a second router (TPLink WR542G) upstairs - so there are 2 wireless networks. I was logged on to the second network when a brief power outage hit. After restarting the computer I can no longer find the network upstairs. Two other computers can log on to the network(so I know it works), but when I search for available networks, it does not appear. If I go downstairs I can logon to the first wifi network with no problem(so I know my LAN card is working). I also plugged in a USB LAN device and it also fails to find the second network. How can the problem be confined to one computer on one network? I've tried resetting the router, starting/stopping connections, turning security programs off , releasing the IP config. Anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 51.6%

I'm having some family issues with my retarded brother. He already has a cable network set up with two gate ways (I'm not sure what they mean by gateways). He's limiting my internet access and I'm getting fed up with his stupidity. So I'm wondering if it is possible to get DSL while an existing cable network is already up. My brother say it's not possible since the phone jack is in use? But my friend says you only need the cable chord for cable. AT&T also states that it is possible. I'm wondering what are the necessary steps to take to get my own internet at the same address with an existing network already in place.

Thank you!

A:Is it possible to get a DSL network with an existing Cable

Cable and DSL are two ways of getting internet into your house and are Not dependent on each other.

Not sure what you mean by "not possible since the phone jack is in use" ; if he has cable - it should not be using a phone line?

As long as you have a phone line, you can get DSL on it.
You will need to attach small filters to each phone jack that has a telephone attached to it.
They usually provide the required filters.

Is there just one phone line that you both use or do you have your own phone line ?
( this is a "land line" ; not cell )

Even if you share the same phone line - it can still be done.

Once turned up, they will send you a DSL modem that you plug into your wall phone jack.
Then attach your PC ethernet cable into the DSL ethernet connection.

By the way, DSL will typically be slower than cable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416663/is-it-possible-to-get-a-dsl-network-with-an-existing-cable/
Relevancy 51.6%

I tried to connect my new router DL-624S to my existing router DSL-504 via the WAN port but yet I cannot access the Internet from the router DL-624S. The DSL-504 is connected to my ISP via PPPoPE. I am using WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL on the PC. This PC can access the internet via DSL-504 but not via DL-624S. The WAN port of DL-624S is connected to one of the LAN ports on DSL-504. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey folks I m currently at University and I d like to use a router in my dorm halls so I can get WiFi in network pre-existing Router in my room So I plug the router in connect it to my computer change the config at turn off DHCP configure wireless I then plug another ethernet cable from the router to the ethernet jack in the wall which connects to the University network and to WAN So after it all works great Router in pre-existing network and I can get on the internet However I Router in pre-existing network can no longer access the router config because the router has been assigned a new IP by the DHCP server of the University network I would like to be able to access it again Doing quot ipconfig all quot at the cmd prompt shows the gateway as some University server gateway and so I can t find the IP of my router sitting next to me with that How can I find out the IP of my router on the network so I can access it I tried setting it up to update some dyndns Important note the University owns their own ISP so the IP assigned to devices on the University network is actually a public address Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Router in pre-existing network

The router should have a static IP address

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-in-pre-existing-network.1037124/
Relevancy 51.6%

My home office configuration consists of two desktops running XP Pro, networked with a crossover cable between the ethernet cards. They share an Internet connection using one machine as host, that computer connects through a USB only DSL modem (no ethernet port) The host machine must be turned on for the other computer to connect. The machines also share files and printer, overall function is very satisfactory. I would now like to add a wireless access point for a laptop with the least amount of change to the existing configuration. I purchased a Lynksys wireless router on the advice of a salesperson at Comp USA, I could not make it work, instructions indicated it was not compatible with my USB only DSL modem. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks for any and all input.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi. I have a wireless network in the house sharing a DSL connection through a Belkin router. I have had no trouble for two years connecting various Windows machines. I live way out in the country, so I have no encryption on the network.
My daughter just got a Macbook as a graduation present. We cannot get the Macbook (with airport card turned on of course) to even see the network. Nothing. Zip. Her friend brought her Macbook over, and she could not connect either. We have played endlessly with the Mac's settings to no avail. I do have DHCP enabled on the router. I just cannot figure out what the problem is here. Please help me - my status in my household is plummeting fast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-g4-macbook-cannot-see-existing-network.455105/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi , I am desperate to get some info on exactly what I need to configure my BROTHER MFC-210C printer to my existing home wireless network which uses a NETGEAR DG834G Wireless Modem Router ,the BROTHER NC-2200W wireless USB printer server which their website recommends for this job is no longer available ,so what can i use instead ???
(I need it quickly !!!) cheers Iain

A:configuring existing usb printer to network

You can try investigating here;

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com...=English&dlid=

edit: there may be some value in this article;

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...utt_july2.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/configuring-existing-usb-printer-to-network-383826.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I have just bought a new Dell inspiron 1501 laptop, with Vista home Premium, and Dell wireless 1505 connection.
In my house I have an Acer laptop and a mongrel PC both operating on windows XP, and using a Netgear DG834G 54 Mbps Wireless ADSL Firewall Router.
When trying to connect my new Dell Laptop, it has found my home network which is Unsecured, but keeps coming up with a message "Windows cannot connect to malc_home"
Can anybody out there help in laymans terms as I am quite new to computers. Many Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

I just bought a new HP Notebook (G62-225DX), I have try'd to connect through the icon on the lower right and even had Verizon try to get it going (online), but no go. I can see my network and it says: Strength - Excellent, Security type - WEP, Radio type - 802.11g, and it has my SSID. I can see it say connected, when i try to connect, but then it disconnects. It always has 5 green bars.....I use Fios for internet and 3 computers connected wireless and two connected through wire. I will keep this computer connected by cable, but I want it to have wireless if I need it and when I travel. I took it back to best buy, but they show'd me it works on thier wireless net work, just not on mine.

A:Can't connect new laptop to my existing network!

When it disconnects, does the entire network card disable? Or can you go right back and access the network, and reconnect without restarting anything?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-new-laptop-to-my-existing-network.150848/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I ve just upgraded my computer with a new motherboard and CPU and now I can t connect my computer to an existing home network or an network/gateway to Help connecting existing the internet through the network I use WinXP Home connect to a router which is connected to a computer which acts as a gateway to an ISDN internet connection I don t think my problem is with that computer or the ISDN connection Help connecting to an existing network/gateway as there are already two others connected to it and they have no problems I can see my network card in the System properties window and it s working alright In TCP IP settings I have tried it set to quot detect settings automatically quot and that makes the network status say quot acquiring network address quot indefinitely I have tried it with the IPs that I had before I upgraded which were with a subnet mask of - and then it says that another computer on the network has the same IP I ve never really done any networking before and my roommate who set it up has moved out Can anyone help me - Kai nbsp

A:Help connecting to an existing network/gateway

Sounds like the card isn't getting an IP address. Open a command prompt on the other 2 machines and run an "ipconfig /all" post the results here. That would give us a better idea of how things are configured. From there, we can troubleshoot the problem you're having with your new board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-connecting-to-an-existing-network-gateway.362655/
Relevancy 50.74%

Situation: I set up a wireless home network that currently includes 2 computers. I want to add my main desktop (Dell Dimension 4700, Windows XP service pack 3)) to the network; currently, the desktop is connected via ethernet.
I've tried to run the Wireless Network Setup Wizard but am getting nowhere. I don't see the wireless network "bubble" on the lower right of the screen, either, which I think is the crux of the problem.
How can I get my desktop to a)recognize the existing wireless network and b)connect to it?
Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

after turning my computer on, i receive this message: "Duplicate User On Existing Network"I click the ok button and it brings me to the Log on Page. its never done that before and i am the only user. i click on owner and it says: "logging on and loading preferences". within a few seconds it says: "logging off" and brings me back to the same log on screen. it never loads my desktop. i've tried clicking the [x] button but that produces the same results. no matter how many times i try to log on, it never does. also, restarting my computer does nothing to help the situation.

A:Duplicate User On Existing Network

Is there a router involved?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103490/duplicate-user-on-existing-network/
Relevancy 50.74%

Over the last years my company has expanded about and we are now just about out of IP addresses We have four buildings between two cities one main and one branch in each each city have a single subnet with a Cisco bridge between each building The main building in each city is connected to each other using a single T with AdTran routers Each city has Active Directory file server some DFS Shares and it s own internet access We have IP phones on the network and are simply using DSCP What the network best plan? existing is - Redesigning for QoS and it s been working fine We have voice rules setup on the AdTran s based on DSCP and the ports the phone systems in each location use for communication We also have two VLANs one for our quot secure quot network which has servers users phones everything and the other a quot unsecure quot network for customers that connects to the DMZ port of our proxy server for internet access It looks something like this currently not showing the branch offices in each city as they have the same subnets as respective city Code ISP ISP Layer- Switch -- ---------- -- Layer- Switch VLAN VLAN VLAN VLAN City A Main Building City B Main Building So the VLAN traffic DOESN T currently route across the AdTrans routes across stays on it s respective sides and the AdTrans doesn t forward the VLAN info I have recently purchased two Cisco s to replace my aging AdTrans and I also purchased new Dell Layer switches as my core switches in each main office as I m also almost out of ports I am now to the point where I have to expand and also plan for another branch office I believe I have two options Split each office into it s own subnet using the Dell layer switch as my router which will buy me some time as I could just switch to a or for expansion in each office if needed I would keep with the DSCP QoS tagging One problem with this is I do want all users to be in the same broadcast domain because of some software we use quot city wide quot and also I know we will run out of IP addresses in the main locations and have to switch to a which I d like to avoid if possible Create VLAN s users servers infrastructure phones and DMZ unsecure using one subnet for each in each city The DMZ unsecure like currently would not go across the T line like now I could do QoS per VLAN and leave the DSCP QoS on also would only need one DHCP scope for users each quot Redesigning existing network - What is the best plan? city quot would remain it s own broadcast domain and it would make it easier to segment in the future or say expand just the users scope Problem with this is it will be harder to manage tagging all the different ports on the switches and making sure the VLAN s are setup to go over the wireless bridges and the cisco routers Is one of these the quot preferred quot method Is there a Redesigning existing network - What is the best plan? better way to do what I want -Allan nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

this is my network information on the desktop PC

Physical Address: 00-18-F3-37-97-B4
IP Address: 192.168.2.137
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server: 192.168.2.1
Lease Obtained: 2/17/2008 12:53:37 PM
Lease Expires: 3/2/2008 12:53:37 PM
DNS Server: 192.168.2.1
WINS Server:

how do I go about settig it up??

Relevancy 50.74%

I am looking to configure a subnetwork that will consist of several serial to ethernet servers connected to wireless router. Once the network is configured, I need to attach it to existing networks, where IP address ranges and subnet masks are not available. Could you suggest what class of network (A, B or C) i need to configure and what is the best way to have a stable universal wireless network that can be attached and will work with most if not any existing network. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-subnet-to-existing-network.638635/
Relevancy 50.74%

About 2 years ago I bought Belkin router to set wireless connection from modem to 3 PC's at my apartment. But recently I learned that I have to secure it, to set a passworded setup. Where, in what utility I can do it ?

Thanks

A:How to secure existing wireless network ?

Hi George1234,

You may secure your wireless network thru your router's setting by following this Tutorial. Please use the highest network encryption which is WPA2, make sure that you apply the same security setting to all your wireless devices in your network with the proper pass-phrase.

If for some reason, you're having a hard time connecting your wireless computers to your Belkin router, please follow this Article on how to manually connect to your SSID (wireless network name).

An update will be nice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224698-how-secure-existing-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Help or ideas on if or how to install easylink on existing network.

I am trying to install Easylink on my XP Thinkpad and I've had a system operating both wireless and wireline for a couple years. It is WPA2. When I try to setup it asks for the key, I give it then it comes back saying a connection to the internet is not available. When I install my laptop is wireless- maybe that is a problem if it isn't wireline for install?

How can I use this with a netwoirk already in place- I set it up through windows. Modem is WRT54GS and has pc's, printers and both wireline and wireless.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-on-existing-wireless-network.1005808/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a wireless network at present comprising two PC s I want to add a third which up until now has Adding to network-sequence? existing not been connected to the internet Adding to existing network-sequence? at all To Adding to existing network-sequence? set up the existing wireless network I used the windows wireless network wizard with a flash drive set up from machine to machine then configured Adding to existing network-sequence? the firewall on each PC My question is should I do this first or set up the new addition on the internet first with just the router just to enable internet access Does it matter From my experience of computing matters generally once you do something in the wrong order it takes a long time to unravel the mess I can t remember which way around I did it on the last machine Also the third machine will be running on Wireless b with the other on wireless g Now I know the router will make the whole system run at the slower speed but will this only be when the third machine is online I presume there s no way it will make the whole network run slower when its switched off I have a spare wireless b dongle which i want to use for the time being until I can afford to replace it thanks for any suggestions nbsp

A:Adding to existing network-sequence?

I would first make the new computer work wirelessly through the router to connect to internet. A.t this point you know all 3 computers can connect to internet via router hence they are ready to talk to each other via the router

Then I would create a network of the 3 computers to do file and/or print sharing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-to-existing-network-sequence.572367/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have a wireless network which currently works Router Adding an existing network to fine but is limited in range I want to extend this upstairs where I also have a desktop with no wireless card The current network uses a Linksys wireless G - WRV G router I can use a Adding Router to an existing network laptop or desktop to connect to this with no problem wired or wireless apart from the limited range My second router is a Buffalo turbo G WHR-G S This is positioned in range of Adding Router to an existing network the other router and is connected via wire to desktop I have read various threads and searched the internet but haven t cracked the problem yet The IP address of router is with the DCHP range - Gateway to the modem So on router There is a switch on the router auto bridge it is now in bridge mode I have set the IP address to Channel is set to same as router I am unsure what to do further than this If it helps both desktops are running vista and both laptops XP pro Any help with this would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I work in a small office, and we have a network already in place however we are opening a career center and the computers in there do not have wirless cards. There is an ethernet port in the room so I am wondering if I can just place a wired router in that room and connect all the computers to that or do I have to buy wireless cards since there is an exisiting network in place?

Thank you

A:Wired Router on Existing Network

Hi:The ethernet port/cable is connected to:
Modem or router.?
Do you need to share resources with pcs on the existing network ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-router-on-existing-network.898018/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an existing network between a desktop running 2000 and a laptop running XP. I can see the laptop from the desktop but the laptop cannot see the desktop. This is the error I get:

\\Desktop is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

The network path was not found.

The funny thing is that I am the administrator and have made no changes to the network prior to this happening. The connection was fine 2 days before.

A:Existing 2000/XP network stopped working

make sure no firewall blocking the LAN traffic. or check this page for more details,

"computername is not accessible. No permission to access the resources" Case Study ·Troubleshooting "No accessible" ... is not accessible ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/accesserrors.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/existing-2000-xp-network-stopped-working.397194/
Relevancy 50.31%

The Wireless router appears to be recognising the laptop although it calls it UNKNOWN - - c- e- -a when I have set up a name for the laptop and the laptop can find the network but when I attempt to connect the quot diagnostics quot say it cannot connect because it is not recieving any response from the wireless router or access point Its said there might be quot Low wireless signal quality problem quot even when there is a strong signal and I m directly next to the wireless router While troubleshooting a number of things have been suggested Changing the wireless channel or making sure the wifi switch is on The wifi is active and I m laptop an to Trouble new a existing network! connecting still unable to connect or find any way of changing the channel to fix the problem I was wondering if its a problem with the laptop or the host computer incidentally I m running Vista Home Premium on the laptop and Linux on the PC The wireless router is a KLS- When using the quot ipconfig all quot command in command prompt it displays all the normal information but it does say media disconnected next to every Trouble connecting a new laptop to an existing network! connection it displays Don t know if that helps nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Equipment: CIsco PIX501 Firewall router & Netgear wireless router

Situation: Everything at my company is connected on the LAN via wires. I would like to set it up so that the wireless router is on the same network as everything else so the portable devices can share the same resources on the wired connection. How can I achieve this?

Relevancy 50.31%

Currently, I have my two computers networked at home behing a gateway router.

I am playing on making one of the two a server. Here are the questions:

1. Will I have to remove the router from the setup since I will be using one as a server.

2. Should I get a static IP address?

3. Should I get a faster connection other than my current ADSL?

4. What would be the hook up configuration so that my other computer would still be able to access the internet.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a high speed cable ISP. My home is wired with cat 5 cable operating from a wired modem. I would like to put a computer in a place that isn't wired, but I would like to keep the wired connections operating. Does anybody know if you can add a wireless router to an existing wired system and how to accomplish this?

A:Adding Wireless to an existing wired network

You can do this 3 ways. 1) Buy a WAP and hook it up to the existing router at any point it can even use your prexisting cat 5 wiring as a piggy back if you want it in another room closrt to your wireless PC/laptop/or periphrial you want wireless. This effectively gives you a wireless beacon on your wired network. 2) The other way you can do it is buy a wireless router and replace your wired router. 3) You can buy a wireless router and disable all router functions such as DHCP and whatnot and hook it up to your existing lan cabling using one of the internal 1-4 ports not the WAN port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-wireless-to-an-existing-wired-network.437691/
Relevancy 50.31%

We ve got an existing wired network and have just wireless network our existing a Adding router to bought a wifi router to hopefully add wireless connectivity to what we ve already got set up I don t want to replace the existing router if I Adding a wireless router to our existing network don t have to in the past I set up a server in-house and don Adding a wireless router to our existing network t want to have to go through Adding a wireless router to our existing network the setup of that again and risk screwing it up Anyway I ve looked online and tried a couple of things Setting the wifi router s IP to one within the range of the existing network with a unique number on the end This allowed wireless connection to the network but not to the internet connection Then following a guide I found online set the IP to one outside of the range of the current network and simply disabled the DHCP This now allows wifi connection to the internet but not the network Is there any way of setting up wireless connection to the existing setup both the network and the internet Go easy on me I m not familiar with too many of the technical terms What for example is a network bridge nbsp

A:Adding a wireless router to our existing network

Sorry- figured it out!!!

If setting the IP address to within the range enabled internet, and setting it outside the range but disabling DHCP allowed network access, I combined the two and set the IP address back to one within our current network range, but with DHCP still disabled. Bingo! Wireless connection to both the network and the net!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-wireless-router-to-our-existing-network.690487/
Relevancy 50.31%

I successfully setup Windows 8 Consumer Preview and correctly setup and connected to an existing and working hidden wireless network. This network is hidden for a reason and working with all other devices.

How can I configure W8 to automatically connect to this network when in range?

I was successfully connected yesterday after the install and when the system went to sleep it dropped the connection. Now I am unable to 'see' the network and connect to it.

When I try to manually connect to this network, by opening Network and Sharing Center > set up a new connection or network > manually connect to a wireless network > enter correct network info

it tells me that the network already exists. When I hit use the exiting network - it does not pop a connect to a network dialog so I can connect.

Help - please??? Thank you.

A:How to connect to existing Hidden Wireless Network

It sounds like it connected but dropped the connection when your machine went to sleep.

There is a setting for your network adaptor that can tell it to disable the connection when your machine sleeps, shutting off the power saving feature for your network adaptor might help.

The setting can be accessed by going to the Control Panel>Device Manager, expand "network adaptors" then right click on the adaptor and choose "properties".

Go to the power management tab and uncheck the setting to turn off this adaptor to save power then hit ok, picture below. This might work until an updated driver comes out for Windows 8.

As for the auto connect, if you go into "Wireless network settings" in the network and sharing center you should be able to set up the auto connection for your adaptor, you will need to type in the SSID, password, and type of connection and security there.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/4440-how-connect-existing-hidden-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I've found threads that were similiar, but the suggested solutions are not working for me. What screenshots and information do you need to help me determine why I can't get 7 to even see that there's a named network it's connected to?

A:Getting 7 To Interface With Existing 2000 Named Network

Oh wow.

Several facepalms in this adventure.

First was finding that I needed to enable NetBios on the W7 machine.

While I was at it, I checked one of the W2K machines, (primary one with all sorts of shares on it), and turned on NetBios there too.

Rebooted, and while the other computers are not showing up in any of the network pages, doing a direct \\computername results in the associated machine opening up in a explorer window.

Going the other way, still could not find the W7 machine on the network.

Issue was "homegroup" settings, needed to change machine to being in a homegroup, same workgroup name, and then while the W7 machine does not show up in the W2K network, direct typing of the W7 machine's network name and the shared folder results in the W2K machine being able to open the folder, plus with the bonus of being able to read / write the folder.

Hey, overall, this is a bit wonky, but it's working now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246792-getting-7-interface-existing-2000-named-network.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am trying to help a friend add wireless to his business Currently he has an -port non wireless router of those ports are taken up and one port is free Iwas going to run a ethernet cable to a tp-link tp-WR N wireless router that I have The Linksys gives out an ip range from - So I have given the network wireless adding existing device a to an Help tp-link and IP address of and I have turned off DHCP on the tp-link I was unable to connect anything wireless From talking to friends and doing a little bit of reading it sounds like the tp-link wont work in this situation I am thinking about buying an wireless access Help adding a wireless device to an existing network point to do the job Does this sound like the right thing for me to do Here is an access point that I was looking at http www amazon com Cisco-Linksys- amp sr - Do you think this will be ok for what I need Any advise or help you could provide would be greatly appriciated Thanks Senna nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Right guys hello again First of all thanks to everyone who helped me with my previous problem thanks u guys i have now a brilliant network with seperate back Okay I m now thinking of adding some form of additional network storage to allow everyone to share but the problem is my house is fairly big so signal can be an issue with wireless especially if i want to stream HD movies from this device Have a look at my current setup below - As you can see my stuff is all over the place so i now want to add a network storage device but with my house being large and having thick walls i m worried that if i want the network + to an Storage HD setup Adding existing Network device to stream videos properly then i need it pretty close to the media centre pc downstairs The rest of the computers laptops only need to share copy files to and from this device so no video streaming is need for them I want to know what setup you guys recommend Adding Network Storage + HD to an existing setup and if you need to adjust move any item around then pls do so and we ll see if its a viable option I eagerly look forward to your ideas nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I am helping a friend install a wireless tp-link router to his existing network. Currently he has a modem connected to a non-wireless linksys 8-port router. I was just going to run a network cable from his linksys to the tp-link wireless router.
His linksys gives a local IP range of 1-150. Can I just give the wireless tp-link an ip of 192.168.1.151 and make sure the subnet mask is the same? then do my encryption. But is it as easy as just setting the ip and making sure the subnet mask is the same?
Thanks for your help.
Senna

Relevancy 50.31%

I wireless network with iBook connecting existing currently have PCs connected to a wireless router These PCs are connected using cable they are not wireless The router allows them to share files and printers I also have my TIVO box using this same router The TIVO uses it wirelessly everyday so I know the wireless is working connecting iBook with existing wireless network My son brought home his iBook from school There are a lot of connecting iBook with existing wireless network administrative restrictions set up on his iBook but it DOES work wirelessly when he is at school The iBook finds my router and can easily sees our home network I can access all the shared files I figured out how to add our home printers the only problem being that I cannot add the drivers administrative restriction Luckily my laserjet driver was already on the iBook so that works perfectly My photosmart was not on the iBook so i selected a different photosmart printer that was on the iBook The iBook will communicate with the photosmart but I haven t tested it enough to know if there will be problems Anyway here is my question The iBook obviously sees my router b c it can access my PC files HOWEVER I cannot get an internet connection The airport shows my router and the three lines for the airport are darkened indicating a connection I think How do I get this iBook to access my internet Again it sees the school internet just fine But when I go to Safari and try a webpage nothing I should mention that I am a COMPLETE iBook novice I have never even turned on an iBook before this However I am fairly knowledgeable with PCs Thank you for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-ibook-with-existing-wireless-network.513737/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi

I am having difficulties added a vista os laptop to my current Win2K / XP network.

The laptop shows up on my 2Wire router home network (both LAN and Wireless) and in Computer Near Me on my Win2K PC. However I cant access the network from the Vista laptop. I cant connect to, or locate the network printers, on the other two PC's. I also cant access any shared folders i have set up on the other two PC's.

I have configured Zone Alarm on the Win2K to trust the wireless and LAN IP addresses.

The laptop and two PC's are in a MSHOME workgroup.

What am i doing wrong.

Thanks

A:Adding a Vista Laptop to an existing network

Take a look at PC Chuck's Windows XP And Vista On The LAN Together. Also, the information in File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista may help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-vista-laptop-to-an-existing-network.739779/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a current network system including 1 desktop and 1 laptop. The desktop is Windows XP an the laptop is Vista. I am trying to add another laptop which is using windows XP. I am totally computer illiterate and had a company set up my existing network. The response I am getting when trying to add the new laptop is it dosen't have a valid IP address. When I type in Start- Run- CMD and type IPconfig/all, the ipaddress it shows is 0.0.0.0. It does have a physical address but I don't know what any of this means. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 50.31%

Firstly I appreciate that the PC's in this scenario are running Windows XP but this is fairdinkum to only place I trust for the correct information Basically I want to set up a latop Network existing Wireless Adding Laptop to a in a small Adding a Laptop to existing Wireless Network business same as if it was at home I presume to share an internet connection with an existing Wireless network The current set up is Adding a Laptop to existing Wireless Network a destop PC running XP ADSL line running to a wireless router Wincomm destop connected by cable to router Laptop upstairs connected wirelessly to this set up I have an XP Laptop for it I bought a rather cheap USB Netgear Wireless G USB Adaptor WG v I can pickup lots of secured and unsecured routers but not the one as described above I know what the workgroup name is Basically I have forgotten how to set up XP gee I can do it if it was vista My gut feeling is I have the wrong Wireless Adaptor for the third XP Laptop I'm not sure if I really want to join the network as such as the XP laptop I want to add has shared folders for when the XP comes home and connect it to the home network What are my options Thanks for your help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/207396-adding-laptop-existing-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an existing LAN from my ISP with multiple PCs connected to it and one Network Enabled Printer using CAT 5 connecting to the router. I would like to make printer wireless connection to LAN and would like to use my Linksys BEFW11S4 as the "bridge" to the LAN, can I configure this device as a "network bridge" and if so how can I accomplish that?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I am in the process of adding Small Business Server Standard to an existing Server R Standard domain for the sake of company separation I tried to add SBS as it s own domain tree using dcpromo I m unable to do Adding 2003 Network Existing SBS to 2011 Server this because it s not allowed by SBS I have the following Existing Domain Hardware- Dell PE R with Server R Standard DC Dell PE with Server Standard R DC Cisco SG - P Gigabit POE Managed Switch Cisco ASA Additional Domain Hardware- Dell PE R Small Business Server Standard Adding SBS 2011 to Existing Server 2003 Network Cisco SG - P Gigabit POE Smart Switch Cisco ASA if needed My goal is to have the SBS coexist within our current network but as a separate domain where users of that company can log into it on its own to access files folders internet etc There will only be or users on the new domain Can this be accomplished with separate switches Is that the ideal way to go about it What s the best method regarding DHCP for those or users Some guidance or a point in the right direction would be extremely helpful Thank you in advance Jacob nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-sbs-2011-to-existing-server-2003-network.1085675/
Relevancy 49.88%

First time on this site please help I have an existing home network that has pc s both with XP Bought a third desktop also with XP Should be a snap to connect but the new one does not see the other computers in the network If I am on my old pc I can see the new one in quot view workgroup computers quot but when I try to access it I get the following message - Not accessable You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the existing doesn't desktop New network computers see Solved: administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions On the new computer if I go to quot Solved: New desktop doesn't see existing network computers view workgroup computers quot it doesn t show either of the old ones They have different names and the workgroup names are the same and I have tried the network wizard twice on both machines Trying any settings I can think of but can t figure it out Please help nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all I have a problem connecting to a second network card as detailed below After experiencing problems connecting to the internet my ISP was only able to fix it by disconecting my router and connecting my PC directly the Cable Modem Because of this I thought that if I added another network card I could have the help a add second Newby netw network combine to with & existing needed PC permanently connected to the Internet via the ISP on the main network port and my router connected to the PC via a second network port This is OK in theory but not so easy in practice all the hardware is in place but I don't know how to configure Win for the router to acess the Internet for every other device and or printers etc Current connections Port on PC --- to --- Cable modem Port on PC --- to --- Router --- Printers --- TV --- BluRay player --- other devices PC only talks to Port with Cable modem I am not sure if I have explained my problem properly but if I have left anything out I will supply whatever info I have missed System Info uploaded Thanks for any help Regards Oldarnie

A:Newby help needed to add a second network & combine with existing netw

Fixing a problem by removing the router is not the way to fix problems. Fixing the router by resetting it would be my first move. After that you will need to go into the routers settings and set everything back up again.

Your ISP did not have your best interest in mind with that move. I'm not sure why you need a second network other than your router was removed?

You will definitely need to connect Modem>Router>PC's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279037-newby-help-needed-add-second-network-combine-existing-netw.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone I 2nd existing Solved: via a to Network e-mail user Adding recently set up a wireless network at home between rooms Works very well and my friend can hook onto the Internet with ease My ISP allows additional email users and so we tried to give him e-mail facilities Oh what a headache I have a million questions but I m prepared to cut them down lt grin gt What we did was go to the message centre of my ISP We gave him a user name and a password etc and rebooted All the servers are correct to receive we have POP lt ISP gt co za and to send mail we have SMTP lt ISP gt co za He can now compose amp send e-mails but cannot receive them Why Is there any need for either Solved: Adding a 2nd user to existing e-mail via Network him or the PC to know my user name and or passwrd How do we tweak his PC Solved: Adding a 2nd user to existing e-mail via Network to be able to receive emails I m sure there s some sort of liaison between the passwords and the user names on both his side and mine The signal strength is graded as excellent I m using a router put out by Billion - the ADSL VoIP Wi-Fi Router VGP Platform is XP home on both PCs We ve tried using Netscape and Outlook express It just won t receive with a message that reads - quot sending of password did not succeed Mail server POP lt ISP gt co za responded authentication failed My settings on the quot main quot computer are identical except of course I have my own user name and password Can anyone point me in the right idrection HELP Moreproblems Larry nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adding-a-2nd-user-to-existing-e-mail-via-network.772180/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys I have Problem existing network 7 Solved: to adding laptop win a home network which is working fine or was until I tried to add my Solved: Problem adding win 7 laptop to existing network new Windows laptop to it My problem is that the computers on the network can see the new laptop but cannot connect to it and the new laptop cannot see the other computers on the network I have tried everything I can think of without any result and am at the point of throwing Solved: Problem adding win 7 laptop to existing network the new laptop through the window I have turned all the firewalls off I have enabled file amp printer sharing Solved: Problem adding win 7 laptop to existing network etc The IPV connectivity shows internet and the IPV connectivity says no network access My network is based around a Netgear DGN ADSL Modem Router There are two desktop PCs both are running XP SP home amp Professional two existing laptops running Vista and the new laptop running Window All have the same workgroup name and all the computers except the new laptop can see each other and communicate The new laptop connects to the internet through the router and can see the router and the other wireless Laptops but cannot see the two desktop PCs The desktops can see the new laptop but cannot communicate all I get is a box saying quot the computer is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The network path was not found quot I have spent over a week trying to get this to work and it s driving me crazy can anybody help please nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

The type of file system is nothing to do with it. On the machines which do not see the others go to tcp/ip properties and click advanced, then the wins tab.

Set always use netbios over tcp/ip and turn off use lmhosts.This is essential to browsing.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/196976-how-do-you-make-vista-laptop-work-existing-network.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi
I alreadfy have a home network. Cable modem connection serving my computer and telephone (I have vonage broadband phone) through the linksys adapter provided by vonage. I purchased a wireless router and I need to hook it up. If I connect the wireless routers internet port(WAN) to an ethernet port in the linksys adapter, it doesnt work. However, when I connect it port to port (ethernet port of the wireless router to an ethernet port of the linksys adapter), the internet connectionw works. However, I am unable to activate the wireless network.

I tried connecting the wirless router directly to the modem (removing the linksys adapter) and carried out the installation provided in a CD by the manufacture and it wont work fine.

I cant get rid of the linksys adapter as it is essential for my broadband phone.

Any suggestions? Please help..

Thanks
RK

A:Connecting a Wireless router to an existing home network

You should have bought a wireless access point instead of a router.. *mutter*

"unable to activate" means what? Increadibly heavy feeling creeps into your hands making you unable to operate the computer?

Some more information here would really help.. Symptoms, computers and operating systems involved, types of wireless equipment, the router configuration etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-a-wireless-router-to-an-existing-home-network.33088/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Guys, I am having a hard time configuring my Access point. I have a DSL Router connected to our telephone line and it works fine wirelessly, Yesterday I purchased TP LINK Router to configure as Access Point to extend wireless signal up to the second floor. Now, I am wondering, should I do some re-configuration on my DSL Router before configuring my TP Link Router? Guys, Please share your thoughts and if you have knowledge on how to configure my 2nd Router to my Wifi Networks that will help.
NOTE: I followed the user guide manual that came with my TP LINK router but it is no USE. I just need to know if should I reconfigure my 1st Router in order to communicate with my 2nd Router.

Thanks,

A:How To CONFIGURE TP LINK ROUTER as ACCESS POINT in an existing network

How are you connecting the two routers together?

An access point needs to have a static IP, and it needs to be outside of the DHCP range that your router is using. For example, if your router assigns IP addresses from 192.168.1.150 to 192.168.1.200, you need to have the access point IP address below 150 or above 200. I like to keep the access points close to the router, so I usually use 192.168.1.10 for the first access point.

What model router did you buy? TP Link makes a few, and knowing the exact model will help us help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229270-how-configure-tp-link-router-access-point-existing-network.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I tried to post this yesterday with no success:-

How can I connect a vista laptop to existing wireless home network with other 3 [COLOR=#000096 !important][COLOR=#000096 !important]xp[/COLOR][/COLOR] machines.

I followed googled info but keep chasing my tail as all effords end trying to make an internet connection.

[COLOR=#000096 !important][COLOR=#000096 !important]My [COLOR=#000096 !important]router[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] is Negear wired & wireless capable in which 2 PCs are wired & an Acer netbook wireless connected, all 3 XP machines.

Hewlett-Packard Compaq Presario CQ61 Notebook PC
2.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual-Core
[COLOR=#000096 !important][COLOR=#000096 !important]160gb[/COLOR][/COLOR] HD, 3GB Ram
32 operating system

A:connect a vista laptop to existing XP wireless home network

you did and had replies
please do not start new posts
continue here - reply required
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1088071-connect-vista-wireless-home-network.html

closing this post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-a-vista-laptop-to-existing-xp-wireless-home-network.1088130/
Relevancy 49.45%

Have an existing XP network with a Linksys 5 port workgroup hub. Puled the RJ-45 out of a working station and plugged it into the RJ-45 jack on the Vista Notebook.

The Vista notebook sees the hub, and can get internet connection through the XP desktop on the network, but neither computer can see the other.

A message tells me that IPv4 connectivity is enabled, but that IPv6 connectivity is limited.

Both computers are sharing everything, and both users have accounts set up on both computers, with password protected sharing on.

Why can't either computer see the other?

A:Adding Vista Notebook to existing wired Ethernet Network

http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/12/windows-xp-and-vista-on-lan-together.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-vista-notebook-to-existing-wired-ethernet-network.649640/
Relevancy 48.59%

This is probably a common question but I'm unable to find the answer I'm looking for.

I'm trying to connect my new laptop (running Vista) to a wireless network already in place between my two desktop computers. These two computers are able to share the printer and files between each other.

the laptop has no problems connecting to the internet offered by the same wireless router but I can't find/connect to the file and printer sharing part of it all.

Vista is new to me and I know very little about setting up networks (someone came into set up the current one) so step-by-step help would be much appreciated.

Let me know if there are any specs that are required. The router is a Linksys WRT54G wireless-G broadband

Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 46.01%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 45.58%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Guys amp Gals I ve been trying to get my Home XP SP desktop talking to my XP SP Laptop using tips gleemed from the threads in this forum My desktop does not require a sign-on My laptop is from work and requires sign-on to the work Domain I have put my Desktop into a workgroup of the same name as the laptop domain I have enabled file amp print sharing and added the laptop into my trusted Norton security zone on the Desktop I have shared folders on both machines I can see the Workgroup from my Laptop but not the desktop within it I can see the Domain from my setup? affect existing on Wizard Setup Solved: Network Running - Desktop but it times out if I try to drill further I cannot see my shared printer connected to the desktop from the laptop I can map from my laptop to desktop shared folder but not vice versa The only thing I haven t tried is to run the Network setup wizard on either the desktop or laptop Here s my question if I run that wizard on my laptop will it destroy my work network settings OR any other ideas what I Solved: Running Network Setup Wizard - affect on existing setup? should try to get each machine to see each other Thanks Hew nbsp

A:Solved: Running Network Setup Wizard - affect on existing setup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-running-network-setup-wizard-affect-on-existing-setup.450513/
Relevancy 44.72%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 44.72%

I Bought Pavilion -ab tx available ... Wifi every and network shows no access network no one and half month ago and it started having this problem weeks after buying Wifi suddenly disconnects and then it shows no networks available even when there are many Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks available Mobile phone always show that they are available nbsp nbsp Wireless card nbsp Realtek RTL BE RTL EE b g n OS - Windows -bit nbsp I have tried everything to solve this System restore Recovery Updating BIOS Reseting using CMD updating wireless driver rolling back the driver to initial one But nothing has helped yet It shows the network is available if I'm sitting next to modem Then also it doesn't show other Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... wifi Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks around my home that my phone does nbsp nbsp Now obviously laptop's wifi is supposed to be better than the mobile phone's wifi but its just the opposite here The problem might be here that it loses its strength every now and then but whatever it is I'm terribly disappointed in the product that I've bought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-shows-no-network-available-and-no-network-access-every/td-p/5674339
Relevancy 44.29%

I just purchased a Lexmark X which is wireless enabled I followed the install instructions using my main desktop system The install does have you connect printer to wireless Wireless existing Connecting network a USB Connecting Wireless printer to existing wireless network cable for part of the installation My main system is wired to my router I installed the printer drivers and did wireless setup on one of my laptops Good news is that the laptop recognizes the printer and prints just fine Ok here is my question My main system that is hard wired to the router does not recognize the lexmark printer unless I plug the USB cable back into it If I do that then the printer does not work for all the other wirelessly connected systems So does anyone know if I can get this to work without buying a wireless card for my main desktop system I was hoping that with my main system connected to the wireless router wired that it would work Thanks in advance for the help Marty nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I am using ad hoc network connection to use our DSL internet connection in my room We have no wi-fi stuff at home just network connection I am having problems whenever I try to connect the network connection it always says it has no internet access yet it is connected to the network Let A be the main laptop I am using right now the one connected to the DSL model cable the quot mother quot network and B be the laptop I am trying to connect to the A's network Right now I am using A I tried all the possible solutions I saw in the internet such as ipconfig flushdns disabling microsoft adapter disabling antivirus and changing DNS server in both A and B Even restarting the laptops over and over again Stilll no improvement I took a printscreen of connection to "non-existing" delete How network A's connections I had this hypothesis that the reason I am not able to have internet access How to delete "non-existing" network connection in B via A's network is the existence of network JLDGN pls refer to the picture It is a network connection I created used and was deleted a long time ago yet it still appears to A and B's network connections My current ad hoc network connection is BURNING I don't know how to remove JLDGN does anybody experienced the same situation as mine Replies and solutions will be greatly appreciated Thank you very much

A:How to delete "non-existing" network connection

Open Network and Sharing Centre > Manage wireless Networks (on the left) > Right Click Remove I wish it will work...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/285167-how-delete-non-existing-network-connection.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am attempting to add a DSL gateway to an existing peer-to-peer network. The peer-to-peer network is cabled together via a switch. The gateway consists of a dsl modem/router. Is there a simple way to cable the gateway to the switch? The gateway is Westell Vesalink Model 327W15-06.

Thanks,

Signed- This is all greek to me.

A:Adding DSL to Existing Peer-to-Peer Network

Yes, just put a crossover ethernet cable between the switch and the router's LAN port.

You may have to reconfigure the IP settings on the computers so that they would match the router's LAN settings. (Or reconfigure the router's LAN to match your existing one.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-dsl-to-existing-peer-to-peer-network.63628/
Relevancy 41.28%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows help wifi network no SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXEC PROGRAM FILES MYSOFTWARE MYINVOICES TRACKER EXEC PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXEC PROGRAM FILES AWS WEATHERBUG WEATHER EXEC WINDOWS RunDLL exeC PROGRAM FILES PARSONS TECHNOLOGY SCREEN SHOT SSHOT EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MYSOFTWARE NEWSFLSH EXEC PROGRAM FILES U S ROBOTICS G WLAN USRWLANG EXEC help no network wifi WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXEF USRSETUP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXEO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLLO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCXO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG avgcc exe startupO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Tracker C Program Files MySoftware MyInvoices tracker exeO - HKLM Run eDonkey quot C PROGRAM FILES EDONKEY EDONKEY EXE quot -tO - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXE quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Weather C PROGRAM FILES AWS WEATHERBUG WEATHER EXE O - HKCU Run Taskbar Display Controls RunDLL deskcp dll QUICKRES RUNDLLENTRYO - Startup Screen Shot lnk C Program Files Parsons Technology Screen Shot Sshot exeO - Startup MySoftware NewsFlash lnk C Program Files Common Files MySoftware NewsFlsh exeO - Startup U S Robotics g Wireless Network Utility lnk C Program Files U S Robotics g WLAN USRWLANG exeO - Extra context menu item Shorten URL - http www cjb net menuext htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmtrans htmlO - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YHEXBMES DLLO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YHEXBMES DLLO - DPF C E-FA D- -BACC-D C EF EPUImageControl Class - http tools ebayimg com eps wl activex EP ol v - - - cabO - DPF F D C -DB - CF- ECA- C FD C ActiveCGM Control - file C Program Files InterCAP ActiveCGM ActiveX Acgm cabO - DPF Tornado - http download games yahoo com games clients y t t x cabO - DPF DigiChat Applet - http digichat DigiClasses Client IE cab

A:help no network wifi

This log looks clean to me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5438/help-no-network-wifi/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I have a laptop with w pro with which I can connect to work using vpn either using lan or wifi from anywhere I want vpn using network wifi I also installed a laptop with w with vpn installed the same as with w Using lan I can connect to the network at work and do all I want to do but using wifi at home or anywhere else it sometimes connects eventually but mostly it doesn't and if it does connect I'm not able to see any of the servers in the network not even on ip address vpn using wifi network The internet connection with wifi is sometimes shown as limited even while it belongs to a private network Did some research on the internet and found that with w there were some problems reported with vpn which resulted in a hotfix from microsoft Bit anxious to apply because it was related to not Anyone have any clue or suggestions I would be obliged Regards Klaas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/vpn-using-wifi-network-914594.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I have just updated Windows 7 in my DELL Vostro but now i cannot see any wifi network available and i have not the option in network communication devices at Control Panel.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a69d930-54d7-4f56-846b-c29bd9364abf/wifi-network-not-available?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I'm with Cogeco cable ISP and would like to use a wireless router. Cogeco tells me that they do not support wireless routers although a cable technician told me that D-Link WiFi routers work and LinkSys ones don't,

Can anybody tell me which wireless routers work with Cogeco?
and Where I can purchase one?

Thanks

A:WiFi Network

I suspect that almost any standard name brand router will work. There's nothing unique about their service, I suspect the tech just liked D-Link.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network.571789/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am developing a 27,000 foot apartment building. I want them all to have internet access. Pricing isnt much of an issue but I would here all my options.

Relevancy 41.28%

We cannot connect to the wireless network when using 802.1x radius authentication after Windows10 november update. Do you have any idea for this situation? Thanks

Nexus 5 cihaz?mdan Tapatalk kullan?larak gönderildi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/802-1x-wifi-network.1160778/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi bro, I have 2 pcs enable with two pci d-link dw510 desktop wireless adaptors, well i could able to connect two pcs and make lan and if one pc has internet of ethernet or some usb modem source i could able to share it to other, you understood me? any other source (must be rj45 or usb). My friend stays beside my house where he uses some wireless modem and lucky i could able to use his net comfortably with his permission using my pcs pci wireless adaptor(so my wireless adaptor is already engaged), my request is how shall i share or forward my first pc's net(already using wireless modem ) to another computer(since my 2nd pc doesn't sees my friends network[wireless modem])? please suggest me. help me solving this issue.

advanced thanks
sandy

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there,

I bought today Lenovo Y50-70, it was without OS, so i installed windows 7 on it. Now im facing
problem, where at internet access there are no available wifi connections. So i installed WLAN driver from
the Lenovo support, also didn't help. I don't know much about drivers, but it seems that under device manager
-> Network Adapters is wireless network adapter or something like that missing and im out of ideas how to
fix it.
Btw, under network adapters are only bluetooth devices and my wireless usb device.

A:Network Adapter (no WiFi)

Tried Fn + F5?

Any option to enable/disable WLAN in BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371530-network-adapter-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer is having trouble connecting to one single wifi network. I have other devices connected to the network, so I know it works, my laptop won't connect, though. I thought Windows 8 may have been the problem, but it will connect to any other wifi but this one. I looked through this thread http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1027100-laptop-wont-connect-one-particular.html but it wasn't particularly easy for me to understand.

I have already done the easy troubleshooting steps, such as turning airplane mode off/on, forgetting the network and re-signing in, etc.

Thank you for your help!

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all My Wifi isnt detecting WIFI not network detecting my home network Whats strange that WIFI not detecting network it happened on a turn off WIFI not detecting network on from the computer i did not install anything At first the network was detecting the home network but WIFI not detecting network wasnt able to connect meanwhile other devices a phone and a table could however now i cant detect any network mine or from neighbors which appear on my phone I ve tried to reboot the PC turn the card fn f on and off disabling the card on the device manager and i cant find the driver for it Its a notebook CCE Info Onix -B not sure if its a Brazilian trademark only anyway The card is a Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN Something else me is that on the device manager the name has a quot TEST quot at the end of the name not sure if its nomenclature only alsol theres a triangle with a on it indicating some issue which i dont know how to specify Any ideas to fix i can provide any necessary information Thanks nbsp

A:WIFI not detecting network

Try re-installing the driver.

Get the one that matches your version of Windows here :- http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...ownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#2781

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-not-detecting-network.1111920/
Relevancy 40.85%

Just like we connect two PCs using Ethernet port, I want to connect two PCs over WIFI. I am not talking about homegroup just to share files or folders. I want to share the whole computer and I will be using IP command to access connected computer <\\ip address>.

Is the solution adhoc network?
What are the security requirements to create such a connection?

A:Creating network over WIFI

Yes it's basically AdHoc or a hosted wireless network. You can set one up manually or use the connectify software which is easier to set up and can be made to connect on start up rather than setting it up manually each time.

The Internet, Faster - Connectify Hotspot and Dispatch

Windows 7 Tip of the Week: Use Wireless Hosted Networking to Share An Internet Connection Wirelessly | FAQ/Tip content from Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282980-creating-network-over-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I just upgrade my motherboard, CPU and RAM, reactivated Windows 10 and installed updates. Downloaded a couple more programs this morning and then the internet quit on me. I have two other computers on this wifi network and both have internet so I know that's OK. I have run the diagnostic and it tells me that "the default gateway is not available" What the heck does that mean and how do I resolve this please?

The stupid thing is that every so often the icon shows that I have internet but when I open my browser (Firefox) it won't link to any sites.

A:Network, erratic wifi

Originally Posted by canuck257

I just upgrade my motherboard, CPU and RAM, reactivated Windows 10 and installed updates. Downloaded a couple more programs this morning and then the internet quit on me. I have two other computers on this wifi network and both have internet so I know that's OK. I have run the diagnostic and it tells me that "the default gateway is not available" What the heck does that mean and how do I resolve this please?

The stupid thing is that every so often the icon shows that I have internet but when I open my browser (Firefox) it won't link to any sites.

Try this:

In Device Manager, right-click on the NIC and select Properties. Then go to the Power Management tab, and uncheck the box that says "let computer turn off to save power". See if that makes a difference.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37452-network-erratic-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there,
first timer here. The wifi icon shows me connected to my network, but the net & email will not display. I can get online directly connected to the modem, but our router a belkin doesn't cooperate. (3 laptops connected to a router, the desktop also connected). I pinged the ip address, and it came back fine, but the dynamic & static doesn't. What am I missing? I had thought I was intermediate, but perhaps a little lower on the knowledge scale.

Relevancy 40.85%

Problem:
I have a Win7 PC connected to router through LAN. I have Win8 connected to router over WiFi. How to share files between them? Is it MS related or router related problem?
Workarounds:
If I connect Win8 through LAN, sharing is working.
Win7 can ping Win8, but entering in explorer \\IP I get common "you do not have permission...". Win8 can't ping Win7 at all.

I have searched a lot, found a lot of similar problems but none of them was mine and solutions didn't work.

A:Sharing on network between LAN and WiFi

Quote: Originally Posted by gacuxz

Problem:
I have a Win7 PC connected to router through LAN. I have Win8 connected to router over WiFi. How to share files between them? Is it MS related or router related problem?
Workarounds:
If I connect Win8 through LAN, sharing is working.
Win7 can ping Win8, but entering in explorer \\IP I get common "you do not have permission...". Win8 can't ping Win7 at all.

I have searched a lot, found a lot of similar problems but none of them was mine and solutions didn't work.

Is there more than one router in this network? Maybe a modem/router then another wireless router?

You shouldn't have any problems sharing between LAN and wireless unless they aren't using the same default gateway which points to a router configuration problem.

If you can post the .txt file that is created on your desktop by unzipping and then clicking on the ipconfig file, from both machines it would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316247-sharing-network-between-lan-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi. Every now and then (mostly overnight) my Canon MG5350 needs to be rebooted because the computer doesn't see it over wifi. Doing so resolves it every time. I assumed it was a printer issue and just put up with it.
However I'm now also getting the same issues with my time machine and a remote mac that I want to connect to occasionally. Is this likely to be a setting in my router? The router itself doesn't seem to sleep. It's a TP-Link N600.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-dropouts-over-wifi-help-4611046/
Relevancy 40.85%

ok i ll put it in short words now i have a wireless router a windows enabled Wifi network problem laptop It started like this Wifi network problem the router and the laptop were connected i started fiddling around by logging into the router via entered the user name and password and did some changes in the configuration like WPS key or something don t perfectly remember Then the router got restarted and suddenly it was network protected its asking me for a network key to log in i e the wep or wpa key The router has changed the SSID from Pronet to my Laptop s name like e g John s Laptop Network and also i forgot to mention there was a windows screen which had told me to remember a password like thing in a yellow background I know this part is hard to explain but it usually tells you to remember passwords like these when you enter a network like public or home So is there a way to find such passwords which win prompted like is it stored in the computer somewhere Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I was going through some settings on my computer when I stumbled on this..

I have no idea where this is from! There are no networks near me named that??

A:Strange WiFi Network

You can use a program like this: Who Is On My WiFi | Wiress Network Security Software to see if somebody is connected to your network. If intermittent, could be somebody with a phone or laptop close by. inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 Download - TechSpot can give you much broader number of WiFi APs arround.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38110-strange-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 40.85%

hey there,                  I have active WIFI connection at my home. My Hp laptop gets connected to it. But sometimes itautomatically gets disconnected. And after sometime it get connected automatically. I am not understanding what the issue is. Can u suggest any solution for this??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/not-connecting-to-the-wifi-network-sometimes/td-p/5844710
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi

I have a niggle that?s eating up some time.

I log to a wireless network at my apartment. Most of the time I use firefox for browsing.

From time to time the network cuts off, every 2 or 3 hours. Normally it will get back online once I reconfirm user name and password from the browser. Sometimes, at least once a day, it wont find the local server, shows website not found, and I have to reboot my system to get back on line.

I have tried manually entering the correct IP address for the server, but that did not work.

When I have tried to fix it myself I noticed that it often came up with a message saying that firefox was still open, but it was closed, so there must be some background activity. I thought possibly this is causing the problem.

Id be grateful of any ideas.

Simon

A:Firefox and wifi network

Does it happen if you are not using wireless (use ethernet cable to the router/modem)? Also does it happen if you are using other browsers like IE (or Opera or Safari)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-and-wifi-network-364362.html