Windows Support Forum

Server 2003 internet issue

Q: Server 2003 internet issue

I have just installed a new server 2003 machine, it is working with a linksys wrt54g router that provides internet access, during the setup i disabled the dhcp on the router as requested.

I could access the external internet with no problem on the server, then i ran the internet and exchange setup and gave it all the required setting now all i can access on any of my machines connected to the network is the internal sites, when i try and access any external sites it defaults back to the internal site.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Server 2003 internet issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

We have a server 2003 office domain. It connects to the internet via a sonicwall router then out to Charter on a static IP. The gateway is a static IP. When our server with Ad that controls all users is up, we have internet, and when it is down we don't. But, the gateway is set in all workstations, so we are trying to figure out why a workstation can't get out to the internet even when our server is down?

Thanks!

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Red Shield - IE Enhanced Security Configuration for Administrators
Amber Shield - IE Enhanced Security Configuration for Non-Administrators
Green Shield - IE Zones
When I click on the how to correct this it takes me to a Windows 2003 page not 2012 for the first issue

And page does not exist for the second issue ?
Any ideas ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/707368df-5e81-4c0b-9f2b-c5b5ee805a34/mbsa-finds-issue-with-server-2012-internet-explorer-settings-but-i-cant-find-an-actual-issue-on-the?forum=MBSA
Relevancy 63.21%

Im not sure if I started this thread in the correct location so if it needs to be moved please do so.

My server at the house has Windows 2003 server, I have IIS installed and have one of my web pages hosted behind my Linksys wireless router/firewall. My server has a fixed IP address and the router has the IP address open with port 80. I do not have a static IP address. However, Dynsite and Zone Edit take care of that and the web site works fine. Now the issue, I have a total of four web sites to host, IIS gives me an IP address error when I try to start one of the other web sites. It has to be something silly im missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003-iis-issue.235695/
Relevancy 63.21%

I just have a quick question, I have setup a VPN using RRAS and L2TP shared secret, etc. From the client computer it connects no problem, and I can access shared resources on the LAN like it's supposed to work. The only problem is when I connect to the VPN, my browser doesn't work, can't get external internet to work and copying files from outlook 2007 to a shared resource seems to lock outlook up.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with sending all traffic over vpn or not. Is there any steps I can take to quickly resolve this issue? This seems to be the only thing affecting the users at the office.

Thanks,

A:Server 2003 VPN Issue

Is the VPN setup as a separate subnet example: if host 192.168.1.100 client 192.168.0.100.

Also depending on ISP and other possible settings you may need to use other DNS servers .

If so on the client try OpenDNS https://www.opendns.com/homenetwork/start/

Do this on the Client not on Server. Reboot let us know!

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-2003-vpn-issue.115425/
Relevancy 62.78%

A friend of mine is having an issue with his home network. I told him I would post the problem here to see if anyone might know the answer.
HOW, can my 2003 wins server think there is another server on the network IF that other machine is a Windows XP Pro machine WITHOUT the server service running?????

it keeps forcing an election and WINS is hosed on my network.... because the XP pro machine IS NOT a BDC, a Wins server (or a server period) or a DNS server....

A:WINS issue with XP and 2003 server

Is the XP Pro PC set to be a member of the DOMAIN along with an AD account for the computer? If it's not whenever the WINS server looses connection it will force the XP to become the master browser. You don't really need WINS on a Win2X server AD and DNS handles all name resolution and if it is set up correctly it works very well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wins-issue-with-xp-and-2003-server.203484/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all not sure if this is the right place for this threadf but I couldnt find a server area anywhere I have a server system displaying the following error - quot lsass exe-System Error Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of in Server issue 2003 lsass.exe the following error Directory Service cannot start Error Status xc e Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot into Directory Services Restore Mode check the event log for more detailed information quot Microsofts answer is - ie call and well charge you To resolve this problem immediately contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs visit the following Microsoft Web site support microsoft com default aspx scid fh LN CNTACTMS I can log in under Directory Services Restore Mode like safe mode and run sasser checks etc but no virus indicated I can format if need be but as this is configured with lsass.exe issue in Server 2003 Active Dircetory and a stack of roaming profiles I d rather not Hope someone can suggest further things for me to try Thanks Fospherous edited typos nbsp

A:lsass.exe issue in Server 2003

Hi there.
I have the same problem but mine is on a server 2003. No Domain installed and when I unplug from the internet or network, it stops restarting and all is fine.
I have checked all with trend and norton,anti virus and I have searched for all known infections, and nothing.
I have taken all items out of the computer and changed NIC and memory.

This has occurred even when I re-installed

Please help. Its driving me nuts.
Rgds Mike

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lsass-exe-issue-in-server-2003.395400/
Relevancy 62.78%

We have just installed a new network server running Windows Server 2003 Small Business. We have encountered a strange issue. The system is RAID and we have set-up the storage drives so that part our data goes to two differant sections of the array(i.e. storage 1 and storage 2) inside divisions we have mapped folders to our workstations. When we try to save to folders in the storage 2 section we get a disk full error, but when we save to the storage 1 section there are no problems. We checked all the permissions and share properties. Also there are no errors using other programs, Photoshop CS or other image editing applications.

Any ideas. The problem seems confined to Photoshop 7.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all and thanks in advance for any help I am running a server on my network that contracted a nasty virus My server runs NAV normally and I also put Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware on to see if I could Issue Server 2003 Virus fix this issue They both seem to find items that NAV overlooks but none of Server 2003 Virus Issue them are able to remove it completely I have also downloaded Highjackthis and created a log Server 2003 Virus Issue since the dds program wouldn t run on server This is a current log after scanning with malwarebytes and not doing a reboot I am unable to reboot until later in the day when my plant shuts down Some of the symptoms of the virus Server 2003 Virus Issue are being redirected in firefox and IE also popup windows odd error messages Yesterday before I wasn t able to open any programs to try and fix the issue NAV Malwarebytes SAS Control Panel or any other item I tried to run would automatically be shut down Last night I rebooted the server in safe mode and was able to run the malwarebytes and SAS and get things running fairly normal but I know it is not completely gone Posted below is my highjackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS System iscsiexe exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system serverappliance appmgr exeC Program Files Areca Technology Corp Http Proxy Server Service ArcHttpSrv exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager ASA win dbsrv exeC PROGRA QQESTS TIMEFO CLOCKL ClockLinkService exeC WINDOWS system serverappliance elementmgr exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn msftesql exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Pervasive Software PSQL bin w sqlmgr exeC Program Files Pervasive Software PSQL bin ntbtrv exeC Program Files Pervasive Software PSQL bin NTDBSMGR EXEc Inetpub wwwroot qqest Utilities TimeForceServices exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn SQLAGENT EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS system serverappliance srvcsurg exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exec Inetpub wwwroot qqest Utilities TimeForcePunches exec Inetpub wwwroot qqest Utilities TFProcessingQueue exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager tomcat bin SemSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exec windows system inetsrv w wp exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exec windows system inetsrv w wp exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL res shdoclc dll softAdmin htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page res shdoclc dll softAdmin htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Mic... Read more

A:Server 2003 Virus Issue

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361235/server-2003-virus-issue/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am Running Windows SP with AVG Business Edition Anti-Virus and have Windows server Redirect and 2003 issue managed somehow to pick up some malware that is causing all browsers to not connect to the intended sites Seems to be a redirect virus For example I cannot connect to windowsupdate microsoft com to patch my system when I sneaker-net d in SpyBot it won t update etc etc It s even gone so far as to block me from downloading an update to What s Up Gold a NMS product I run I have run HiJack This gmer mbam otl root kit revealer root repeal spybot Windows server 2003 and Redirect issue tdsskiller and gone through my registry with a fine tooth comb but cannot seem to fix the redirect issue I would appreciate some assistance if available as I am stuck in a corner now and my next step is to spend many days re-installing the OS and restoring databases from incremental backups I would much prefer to clean the system if possible I can provide any logs you need from gmer or otl or whatever but combofix won t run on neither will dds scr so just let me know what format you want them in as it looks like most people fill up pages and pages of forums with posting their logs and this seems so inefficient to me Thanks

A:Windows server 2003 and Redirect issue

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - if you get the following warning, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Click on Cancel, then Accept.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379913/windows-server-2003-and-redirect-issue/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Windows Standard Server 2003 issue Windows printing Server working as the new print server in my NT domain It has dual Xeon GHz GB ram ea Intel Server adapters in a load balancing team It Windows 2003 Server printing issue is running Symantec Corp Anti-virus ver and is current with MS updates I have printer ports set up on it including Canon HP Lexmark and Ricoh All are using TCP IP as the printing protocol All have the latest drivers and flat shares for other Windows clients are also installed Several times a day no pattern to when the printers seem to Windows 2003 Server printing issue freeze up Print jobs still come into the server s Windows 2003 Server printing issue spooler but they stop printing to the printer itself The services are not stopped but if I stop and restart the Print Spooler service and dependant services Canon NetSpot Suite Service and TCP IP Print Server printing resumes as normal I have tried recreating the ports reinstalling the drivers on the server flashing the firmware on the printers reinstalling the printers on the workstations cold booting the printers excluding the C WINDOWS system spool folder from any anti-virus scans etc nbsp

A:Windows 2003 Server printing issue

I've had a similar problem, I'd just reboot the server and all is well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-printing-issue.191084/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all my first time on this forum so I ll try and Windows 2003 Routing Server Issue post as much information as I can in the hope that someone can help me out I have a Windows server with Windows 2003 Server Routing Issue nics in NIC is connected to the office hub NIC IP sn dg dns and NIC is connected to a Linksys RV load balancing Internet Router NIC IP sn dg dns and Linksys RV router LAN IP WAN IP cable modem WAN IP ADSL modem currently disconnected All workstations have static IP addresses in the range with s net and default gateway My problem is that we appear to have some kind of routing issue in that often the internet doesn t work on the workstations although it will remain working on the server Also certain PCs resolve the name of the server to the IP address when you try and ping the server by name - the pings are not returned Within the routing and remote access section of the server there are a couple of routes defined under network interfaces general IGMP and NAT These routes are either entitled router or hub the router ones use the address with a gateway of and the hub ones use the address with a gateway Anyone care to offer suggestions as to what s wrong with my network and what I should do to sort it It should be noted that due to the type of environment that I am in I am forced to undertake any changes in a live office situation - I can do nothing after hours Thanks in advance any more information needed please ask nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-routing-issue.644668/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello nbsp As per the subject I'm having a problem with EMET on 5.2 2003 R2 with Windows on Issue Server EMET SP2 x86 Windows Server R SP x nbsp Specifically whilst EMET appears to install successfully and its processes are running no applications that I've set up for EMET protection have a green tick next to their name in the quot Running EMET quot column in the EMET GUI I've tried a wide variety of things - un-installing all other AV Issue with EMET 5.2 on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 and security software Issue with EMET 5.2 on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 disabling everything except core MS Issue with EMET 5.2 on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 services on boot via MSCONFIG trying older x versions of EMET ensuring all possible available Windows Updates are installed trying different options for DEP and the other core mitigations and so on and so forth - but no matter what I do whilst EMET runs it doesn't seem to actually be doing anything nbsp Any changes I make to the rules and the startup of the EMET service are all recorded in the Application Event Log but no actual process protection seems to be happening as far as I can see Has anyone else encountered a problem like this or have any suggestions on how to proceed nbsp I realise of course that Server is a completely un-supported EOL operating system at this point but that was the main reason I wanted to get EMET running on this particular server to provide it with at least a modicum of protection for however long it has to stay on line nbsp Any input suggestions or ideas would be very welcome Thank you Kevin Drysdale

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9c6a39f8-aa2d-44b2-a6fc-a154e3507565/issue-with-emet-52-on-windows-server-2003-r2-sp2-x86?forum=emet
Relevancy 61.49%

This post was intended to be a reply to quot Hard drive nearly full for no apparent reason quot but has ended up as a separate thread I seem to have a similar issue I ve discovered that my Windows Installer folder is over GB Nearly all of the space is Server Windows with Similar issue Solved: 2003 used by about msp files that have nine distinct dates beginning and ending On of the dates all the files are identical in size One one of the dates there are files of two different sizes is around when I first noticed space problems on the drive and began working on it Deleting logs compressing unused files has kept space available until now Because the Installer folder is hidden I didn t notice it size until yesterday There are no recent install failures in Windows update and I can t Solved: Similar issue with Windows 2003 Server determine what app these files are associated with The Summary tab for every one that I ve checked shows only the keyword PatchSourceList The machine is a server so it does not have Office installed It is running Windows Server Update Services but those files are being stored on a separate drive I ve run Malwarebytes and it found one item which I allowed it to delete The log entry is Registry Data Items Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Start ShowMyDocs Hijack StartMenu - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully I may be wrong but this appears unrelated Any suggestions nbsp

A:Solved: Similar issue with Windows 2003 Server

Apparently I had acquired a large number of orphan installer files in the Installer folder that were being replicated as part of the installer cache any time a package was installed.

I downloaded Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 3 32-bit Support Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...11-FD83-419D-939B-9A772EA2DF90&displaylang=en (which apparently will also run under XP) and ran the command "msizap g". This apparently compared each installer with the registry's list of installed packages and removed the orphans. The Installer folder is now 554 MB.

I did not figure out where the orphan files came from in the first place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-similar-issue-with-windows-2003-server.793318/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all,

Over the weekend it seems that one of my Windows 7 computers here where I work lost connectivity with our file server.

Workstation:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Pentium Dual Core
3GB RAM

Server:
Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64
Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB RAM

It never had issues connecting with the share before now. Now every time I try to connect it to the share, it tells me that the password for the account is invalid. As the account for the workstation had no encrypted or protected files on the server, I just went and reset the password to make sure it hadnt gotten changed some how. This however did not fix the issue. The computer is able to access the internet and see that the server indeed exists on the network, but for what ever reason is not able to access the share any longer.

Any ideas?

A:Issue Accessing Share On Windows Server 2003 R2 x64

Really? No one has any clues at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378165-issue-accessing-share-windows-server-2003-r2-x64.html
Relevancy 61.49%

This is confusing I've set up numerous computers on our domain before so I'm pretty well acquainted with the procedure So we upgraded a computer in our domain from XP to so and with Server Domain Win8 controller issue 2003... my manager could see if our software would work in That much I got done just fine put simply it does The problem I'm having is that when I try to attach the computer to the domain two things go wrong first of all the network drives don't map Not a big deal I heard this was an issue with Windows and logon scripts I'd like to try to implement a Group Policy-based drive mapping system but Windows Server seems to be missing that capability though supposedly that can be added back The other more troubling issue is that when I restart the PC it seems to Domain controller issue with Win8 and Server 2003... lose any connection it had to the Active Directory Domain controller issue with Win8 and Server 2003... Domain Controller The first Domain controller issue with Win8 and Server 2003... time you hook it onto the domain it's just fine you can freely go in and out of the servers without providing new credentials but if you restart it loses that After a restart I can't log in except with credentials the PC already knows and trying to access the file shares on the servers prompts me for a password entry I can rehook it into the domain by redoing the whole process from the start but then restarting it after that will just blank out the AD DC credentials again Mapping the drives would be impossible if I can't maintain a connection to the Active Directory I pinged back the Windows PC from the server side which I logged into using Remote Desktop from the Windows machine so there's clearly communication happening Is Windows being rejected by the Active Directory for some reason I looked on the AD list of PCs and when I select the Windows computer it doesn't bring up an operating system version so it sounds like something is missing Anyway some clarity here might be nice EDIT Let me add an addendum when we attach the computer to the domain it gives us this error --------------------------- Computer Name Domain Changes --------------------------- Changing the Primary Domain DNS name of this computer to quot quot failed The name will remain quot Our Domain quot The error was Something about not finding the domain controller --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I kind of ignored this at first but I suppose it's worth reporting

A:Domain controller issue with Win8 and Server 2003...

I can't say for certain why it's forgetting the credentials and requires you to sign in each time, although that may be controlled by the Admin through the GPE.

As for the DNS problem, your problem may be different but I've seen similar complaints and apparently it helps to manually add the Domain's DNS servers to the IPv4 properties of the network adaptor you are trying to connect with.

Other connection problems with Server 03 can be solved by clicking on the link. This may help with the drive mapping problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-s...2k-server.html

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/18227-domain-controller-issue-win8-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have 2003 server on a dual nic PC.
there are 2 broadband connections coming into me.
nic 1 (on board broadcom adapter) has Virgin Media broadband coming in via a netgear gigabit wireless router (DSL).
nic 2 is a netgear GA311 REV A1 pci card connected to a bt hub.

dns is running on both routers.

I want my work pc's (home office) running on the virgin side of the network (which they are) and to see the server (which they can).

I want my family pc's to work on the BT side of the network (which they are) but I also want them to see the server.

The problem is, they cannot see the server even though it is connected by the second nic to this network.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:dual nic 2003 server network config issue

I need more information. What are your private addresses on both sides? Particularly the BT and Virgin Media side. I assume BT means British Telecom.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-nic-2003-server-network-config-issue.698547/
Relevancy 61.49%

I received a new desktop PC for Christmas. I am using Outlook 2003 as my e-mail client. I have installed the entire 2003 Office suite and have set up outlook to receive e-mail. I have a large volume of mail on the Yahoomail POP3 server and when I start the download to my new computer about half of the e-mail is sent then I get an error message saying the POP3 server suffered an interruption. When I start the download again it starts back at message 1 from the server. The setting on outlook are correct because the download starts just fine. Any thoughts on what the problem from the server to my computer might be? My wife uses the same program and setup on her laptop running Windows XP Pro and does not have any issues downloading from Yahoo. Thanks for any help you might give.

Relevancy 61.06%

We run a web proxy server on our network for internet access.
On client machines (running Windows 2012 R2) I have configured the proxy server setting in Internet Explorer "Tools\Internet Settings\Connections\LAN Settings" to point at the designated web proxy server.
When attempting to browse websites from IE I receive the "The proxy server isn't responding" error.
Conversely, browsing the same sites via Google Chrome and Firefox (installed on the same client server) return web pages without error.
In addition, if I run Internet Explorer as administrator (Right Click\Run as Administrator), I am able to browse web sites without receiving the error.
It would appear that the issue is isolated to browsing via IE when not run in elevated mode.
Has anyone come across this issue?

A:Server 2012 R2 - Internet Explorer Proxy Server Issue

Hi Dicki,
First, please try to reset the Internet Explorer. Some plug-ins may affect the proxy.
If it doesn't work, please try to perform a network capture on the client.
Please check if the client send the http traffic to the proxy server at the correct port.
If the client has sent the http traffic to the proxy server, please check if there is any warning or error in the proxy server.
To download Network Monitor, please refer to the link below:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4865
Best Regards.Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/84ad387f-4452-4427-8cd6-a2f6cd7b00dd/server-2012-r2-internet-explorer-proxy-server-issue?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I m guessing this is a network issue it may not be We have several HP MFPs They all have quot scan to network folder quot enabled They were easy to set up and have been working fine In May we upgraded migrated to Windows servers All these MFPs were Possible Windows 2003 Server to with Scan folder Issue function MFP moved settings changed and again have been working fine This week for some reason none of them can scan to a network folder anymore They are all still printing and emailing but cannot quot find quot the network folder to send scans to I can ping the printer the WINS server is set right The printer uses a generic userid and when Possible Windows Server 2003 Issue with MFP Scan to folder function you sign on to a computer using that id you can get to the shared folder used for scanned files So the access is good permissions are right All these printers are getting the same error even though the all scan Possible Windows Server 2003 Issue with MFP Scan to folder function to different folders on the same server The server they scan to was rebooted on Sunday night Monday was the first day none of them could access the shared folders any more I cannot figure out what happened Nothing else was changed just a reboot Any ideas nbsp

A:Possible Windows Server 2003 Issue with MFP Scan to folder function

hmmm... now that sounds familiar. I don't have the solution for you but I have the same problem with a canon imagerunner scanning to a 2003 server. Spent a couple of hours at it, very simple feature but the server wouldn't allow it. Had to scan to a computer based print server and setup scan to email for the time being.

Had there been any microsoft updates that came down from microsoft before the reboot of the server? Is this a 2003 server? sp1 or sp2? Firewall didn't come on did it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-windows-server-2003-issue-with-mfp-scan-to-folder-function.493489/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

ok i got the answer to this from another source.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.286015/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server has the following restrictions:
- Only one computer in a domain can be running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server must be the root of the Active Directory® forest.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server cannot trust any other domains.
- A Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server domain cannot have any child domains.
- Each additional server must have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 client access license (CAL). You can use CALs for each user or for each device.
The standard edition of Windows Small Business Server 2003 includes Windows Server 2003 technologies, including fax service, firewall service, and remote-access service. Additionally, it includes Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, enhanced tools for server monitoring and administration, and an out-of-the-box solution for internal Web sites. The standard edition is ideal for customers who do not require the higher-level functionality included in the premium edition

The premium edition includes everything in the standard edition, plus Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, and Microsoft FrontPage® 2003. The premium edition is ideal for small businesses with more demanding IT needs, such as data-intensive line-of-business applications, or advanced firewall and Web-caching capabilities

The standard edition has most of the stuffs inside.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.287187/
Relevancy 60.2%

At our office, we have a Windows 2003 File server (one of them), and Windows 7 workstations. The workstations can use Explorer fine to view all the folders on the share. But for whatever reason when you go to a command prompt and do a DIR on that share, it is missing about 60% of the folders.

Now, the iphone app that uses the vpn to view these shares too also does not show them. Does anyone have a idea what this could be and how to fix it?

This is really weird.

A:Have a weird issue. Win7, Windows 2003 Server, some shares missing

Win 7 Web client running as a service?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/166648-have-weird-issue-win7-windows-2003-server-some-shares-missing.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hello guys..i'm having problem with the internet and ms server 2003..i do not know how to connect both the internet and the server..so,when i use the internet i just let my IP be obtained,but when using a program that need the ms server i put an IP,subnet and the gateway of the server..my router is connected to the 2nd port of the switch and the ms server is at the 1st port..hope you could help me..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-ms-server-2003.917034/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey! Can any one help to share internet from server 2003

A:share internet from server 2003

welome to TSG
please do not add a question to someone else's existing question.
I have moved you question into networking - to a thread of its own

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/share-internet-from-server-2003.937280/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Everyone I am new to and NIC 1 2003 Server internet Win to ? access domain networking We Win 2003 Server 1 NIC ? access to domain and internet have a Win Server single NIC running a database with workstations joined under a domain All are connected by a switch Our internet router died and I bought a Netgear that accesses the net thru a ubee modem The Netgear is ethernet connected to the switch also Server has DCHP disabled and router is DCHP enabled Problem I can connect any of the workstations to the net with an automatic TCP IP setting and they will still be able to use the database I can connect the server the same way but if I do so the workstations cant access the Database on the LAN anymore If I return the NIC tcp ip to static add for the server it works but cant see the internet I know most servers have two NIC s and that it s fairly simple to set one up for the internet one for the LAN Can anyone direct me to an article answer that will educate me re this dilemma Have searched all over net with lots of info but none specifically addressing this question Here is server ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator NEW S gt config all config is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Documents and Settings Administrator NEWD S gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name nd Primary Dns Suffix NewD ns local Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List New s local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HP NC Gigabit Server Adapter Physical Address - - - E- -A DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers C Documents and Settings Administrator NEW gt and a typical workstation Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings user gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Billing Primary Dns Suffix NewD s local Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List NewD s local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - F-FE- -E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday August AM Lease Expires Monday August AM C Documents and Settings user gt Thanks in advance Steve nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi We are running an Internet Cafe with Computers The main computer runs windows server the other are all running windows xp pro Our main machine was runing windows xp but we upgraded to windows server Now our old cafe software doesnt work and instead of contacting the makers of the software we decided to see if there were any free alternatives We want to be able to from the main machine click on a button that will start for example computer and time how long it gets used and work out what to charge Cafe Windows as Internet 2003 Server for the usage of Windows Server 2003 as Internet Cafe the computer We also want to be able to block some users from accesing certain things like run and stuff that if the school students got into could mess things up is there any way you can do this sort of stuff in windows server or should we just contact the makers of the old software and renue it and pay lots of money Cheers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-as-internet-cafe.496431/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am running Windows 2003 Server. From time to time, all workstations and the server machine will lose internet connectivity (including email into the mail server). Problem is resolved by restarting the server. System may be up for weeks without a problem or for only hours. No real pattern.

Broadband connection comes directly into the back of the server. ISA firewall is running. Comes out of the machine into a 16 port switch.

Problem has persisted since installing the new server 12 months ago.

Any suggestions on where to start looking? Nothing obvious to me in the log files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-loses-internet-connection.472138/
Relevancy 57.62%

Laptop running XP Pro. Connects to school network via wireless or hardwire. Can see drives fine. However it will connect to Internet (IE7) fine over wireless - but not via ethernet cable. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Guys,

I have setup a small network using windows 2003 server. My interent provider is bellsouth. I have the server connected to linksys router which then connects to Netopia modem. What do I have to do so that I can access the internet from the client machines. I googled a lot and found 2 things that I can use ICS or NAT. I cannot use ICS because I'm using domain controllers, DHCP etc. and I tried using NAT but still the client machines could not access the web.Also I started having problems with users loggin in. I'm going crazy, please someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

A:Share Internet Connection Using Windows 2003 Server

Why not allow the router to handle the DHCP server function and just put the server on the network as a fixed IP address? I've configured several networks that way, works just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/share-internet-connection-using-windows-2003-server.585838/
Relevancy 57.62%

Okay I have a IBM e-server running Server 2003 SP2 and I rebooted the system after an AVG Server edition update required a reboot. The system booted up fine, My remote offices can connect through terminal services just fine, I can ping websites, I can Ping my ip, dns, etc. But I cannot access the internet from the server through internet explorer. I rebooted the server again and the same problem still persist. I even disabled the web filters in my Linksys RV082 Router. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Could and AVG update caused this?

Relevancy 57.19%

Dear Team,
I am facing problem in IE 7 and IE 8 on windows server 2003. When i tried to open www.google.com i get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error. rediff.com, facebook.com are working fine. Tried by resetting IE, deleting temp & cookies
files, also disabling Enhanced security. Please give me solution on this. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/54e9b6a6-0fe3-47e3-a406-f013940d9c60/internet-explorer-cannot-display-the-webpage-windows-server-2003?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 56.33%

how to remove trojan virus in windows which can'y be deleted by
trend micro office scan

A:how to configure security setting in internet explorer in windows 2003 server

Hello and welcome to TSF

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.
Good luck

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-to-configure-security-setting-in-internet-explorer-in-windows-2003-server-255444.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Well basically im trying to connect to a minecraft server
Minecraft is a game if you dont know what it is then look at this link and it tells you :www.minecraft.net
So when i try and connect to a server it comes up with this java error : Internal Execption java.socket.netTimeout Read timeout

Im pretty sure its to do with my internet because i have tryed it on multiple computers and they have the same error

If someone could help me that would be wonderful because this error is really annoying

A:Internet Issue when trying to connect to a game server

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...tion-javanetsocketexception-connection-reset/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-issue-when-trying-to-connect-to-a-game-server.1015482/
Relevancy 54.18%

Steam tends to hang when I try to update the Inernet list of servers for Half-Life games. I also have a hard time staying connected to Steam's servers when trying to update/download a game. This is a different comp than what is in my specs.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2 GHz, 2 GB Ram

Running with nVidia firewall and AVG Free Edition. I've configured the nVidia firewall to allow the correct ports for Steam.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-server-list-issue-for-steam.618262/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I'm having issue Internet server?) (DHCP connection issues connecting to the internet with Internet connection issue (DHCP server?) my desktop computer through my wireless router my laptop works just fine If I connect LAN directly to my modem the IE works jsut fine but if I connect WAN or LAN to the router I can't seem to get to the internet The connection shows that it is connected in the network connections area however I've gone through the settings on my laptop and they match what I have on my desktop so I'm lost as to where to go next Is this a DHCP server issue Oh and the most frustrating part is that on a fresh reboot you can log right on and IE will work for one or two pages and then the error page comes up It also seems to be runing IE more slowly than it used to I've run spybot and my norton and both are clean to see if it was virus related but I'm just an ametur so any suggestions are appreciated Josh

A:Internet connection issue (DHCP server?)

So are you saying that when your desktop computer is connected to the router via network cable, your IE won't work? And if you connect the computer directly to the modem, IE works?

Since you have a wireless router your laptop works fine which is good. Hmmm...........on the desktop computer I would try to un-install IE and re-install it again and see if that helps. Also perform a windows update on that desktop computer.

I would also try to perform a windows repair and see if that helps as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-issue-dhcp-server-235044.html
Relevancy 52.89%

This Windows PC recently had an infection I've run Malwarebytes and a few other things and the infection seems to be gone However an issue remains When attempting to browse with Internet Explorer any URL I request www google com www yahoo com gives an error page that says The proxy server isn't responding The given proxy address is pointing at localhost I am able to browse in Firefox but I need Internet Explorer to work as well I cannot disable the Use proxy server for your issue Internet Explorer responding' isn't hijacking? 'proxy server LAN setting under Internet Options - gt Connections - gt LAN settings I do not have the knowledge to resolve this problem Please help Thank you DDS LOG DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Bonnie at Internet Explorer hijacking? 'proxy server isn't responding' issue on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated AD D -BA - Internet Explorer hijacking? 'proxy server isn't responding' issue C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Spybot - Search and Destroy Enabled Outdated BC DF - CCA- D-A -C CA F A B SP avast Antivirus Disabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D Internet Explorer hijacking? 'proxy server isn't responding' issue E FW avast Antivirus Disabled F FC -F D- D E- A E- DA C EAF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Acer Registration GREGsvc exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files x iWin Games iWinTrusted exe C Program Files Acer Acer Updater UpdaterService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Pogo Games PGMTrusted exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv x exe C Windows system taskeng exe c program files x teamviewer version TeamViewer Desktop exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp yahoo com uSearch Bar Preserve uSearch Page hxxps search yahoo com yhs search type iedef amp hspart avast amp hsimp yhs- amp p searchTerms mStart Page hxxps www ... Read more

A:Internet Explorer hijacking? 'proxy server isn't responding' issue

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550354/internet-explorer-hijacking-proxy-server-isnt-responding-issue/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Today my internet speed had slowed down and i received a Speed Server slowed Shutdown down! has Internet issue DCOM + DCOM Server Process Launcher shutdown message My connection gives me KB s but today i was only getting KB s I called my ISP they told me to run a few commands including quot netstat -n Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue quot and they said that Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue my computer was infected with malware And my computer has become quite slow I tried running GMER i got BSOD HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Online Armor OAcat exe D Program Files Online Armor oasrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system ASTSRV EXE D Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system dgdersvc exe D Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C WINDOWS system FsUsbExService Exe D PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIHInst exe D PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIHSC EXE D Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe D Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe D Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exe C WINDOWS system NLSSRV EXE C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe D Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe d Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe D Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe D Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE D Program Files Online Armor OAui exe D Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe D Program Files TortoiseHg TortoiseHgOverlayServer exe D Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe D Program Files Taskbar Shuffle taskbarshuffle exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Online Armor OAhlp exe D Program Files GreedyTorrent GTor exe D Program Files Codebox BitMeter BitMeter exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE D Program Files Logitech SetPointG SetPointII exe D PROGRAM FILES ATHAN ATHAN EXE D Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settin... Read more

A:Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue

Hiya

Sorry for the lateness in a reply, but these forums are very busy

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you rescan with the DDS and HijackThis and post the fresh logs

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-has-slowed-down-dcom-server-shutdown-issue.946204/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am facing problem in Internet Connectivity issues as when i installed W7 SP1 it installed successfully and restart automatically. After restarting, I connected my MTS Mblaze Dongle to the port, application started successfully and i clicked on Connect,but when connect firefox shows - The proxy server is refusing your connections..
I tried in IE9 but i am getting the error..i reinstalled the Mblaze App but nothing changed..I somehow manages to change ff proxy setting to No Proxy Option and it started working but the other applications are not connecting to internet, only ff working...I turned off firewall but getting same error...I tried to uninstall SP1 update but unable to do so..help me out of this ...Pls
Thanks In Advance..:)

A:Internet Connectivity issue - proxy server refusing connections

Hi Kaso

Click on the type Internet Options inside the Search programs and files box . Press <ENTER> when you see Internet Options under Programs (1)
Go to the tab Connections
At the bottom, click on LAN settings
Uncheck the " Use a proxy server for your LAN and check Bypass proxy server for local addresses "
Click apply and Ok

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289428-internet-connectivity-issue-proxy-server-refusing-connections.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Here s the situation Every week I ghost copies of our servers Two Windows servers and two Windows servers Each server has one Western Digital GB ide hard drive in a hard drive rack and there is one open rack for inserting the backup hard drives I use ghost on floppies each is configured to run the ghost backup automatically When I am ready to ghost I insert the backup drive insert the floppy disk and start the server Ghost loads backups the drive and says ghosting is complete I and Server problem Windows Ghost Norton 2003 (long) 2003 take the main drive out and replace it with the ghosted copy The ghost copies for and boot up fine no Windows 2003 Server and Norton Ghost 2003 problem (long) problems FINALLY TO THE PROBLEM When I remove the Ghost copies and reinsert the main drives the Windows 2003 Server and Norton Ghost 2003 problem (long) servers will not boot but the servers do This doesn t happen every week and sometimes one server will work and the other won t When they don t work the servers post but for some reason don t see the hard drive this is not the ghost copy On one of the servers I have figured out the problem When the server won t read the hard drive I would pull out the drive and reinsert it fixing the problem Recenctly the other server wouldn t boot the main drive after it was ghosted I thought maybe the hard drive bay was bad so I switched the hard drive out with a spare bay Reinserted it in the rack and the server still couldn t find the hard drive during boot If I stick the ghost copy back in it boots up without a hitch Is it possible for ghost to destroy a hard drive like that nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-and-norton-ghost-2003-problem-long.289436/
Relevancy 52.03%

i am having microsoft windows server for small business server Service Pack iwant to run an application build up with ASP NET amp SQL DATABASE for generating reports we are using crystal reports while running the application i am gettig an error message as File or assembly name CrystalDecisions Web or one of 2003 microsoft small Pack business windows for Service 1 server server its dependencies was not found i tried to copy all the dll files in to the bin folder still the problem is not solved Source Error Line debugging ASP NET files Line -- gt Line lt compilation defaultLanguage quot c quot debug quot true quot gt lt assemblies gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions CrystalReports Engine Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions ReportSource Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Shared Version Culture neutral microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 lt assemblies gt lt compilation gt Line Line lt -- CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES Source File C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS web config Line Assembly Load Trace The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly CrystalDecisions Web could not be loaded Pre-bind state information LOG DisplayName CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e Fully-specified LOG Appbase file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS LOG Initial PrivatePath bin Calling assembly Unknown LOG Publisher policy file is not found LOG No redirect found in host configuration file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet config LOG Using machine configuration file from C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v config machine config LOG Post-policy reference CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-server-2003-for-small-business-server-service-pack-1.498807/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

Has anybody come across this error "Calendaring agent failed with error code 0x80150856 while saving appointment.". This appears in application log files in exchange server 2003. Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-outlook-2003-exchange-server-2003.496518/
Relevancy 52.03%

Currently we are on an NT network with a few 2000 servers tossed in. Today I learned that the plan is to migrate everything to Linux. Lets assume that this only applies to the servers and that the users will still operate with 98/nt/2000/xp. What are your thoughts on this?

I put this in this forum for a reason. Because I'd rather get the advice from 2000 and 2003 experts who know what Linux cannot replace than to hear the Linux fanboys and anti-Microsoft activists praise it to the high heavens.

What would your concerns be if this was done on your network? What problems have you encountered if you'd tried this? Or what successes? Know of any businesses that have done this successfully?

Relevancy 52.03%

I'm having issues finding the location of en expired certificate that one of my LDAP servers responds with during an LDAPS bind attempt.

I'm using Linux's ldapsearch to perform specific tasks during user creation but recently discovered the certificate expired. I have renewed said certificate and placed it in the personal store on that ldapserver but after debugging the SSL connection it still responds with the previously expired certificate.

Can anyone tell me where this certificate would be stored on Windows Server 2003. I've found multiple post regarding the store in 2008 but that does not exist in 2003. I've searched the whole store using certutil trying to match the serial on this certificate but can't find it anywhere.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

https://hardforum.com/threads/windws-server-2003-ldaps-returning-expired-server-certificate.1911174/
Relevancy 52.03%

Just bought 2 new Intel S5000VSA server boards, After building both Pcs using the Intel disc that came with board and even the win 2003 setup disc directly I cant seem to install windows server 2003 without receiving a BSOD during setup. All Hardware is compliant with the board. Please Help

A:Cant install Windows Server 2003 on Intel s5000vsa server board

Strip the system down. One memory stick, no USB devices, on-board video and sound, no sound card and try the OS install again. Reset the bios to failsafe defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-windows-server-2003-on-intel-s5000vsa-server-board.113843/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All,

I want to dual boot XP Pro , 2000 Server and 2003 Server and wanted to check the best order to instal these OS's?

Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-booting-xp-pro-2000-server-and-2003-server-instal-order.637431/
Relevancy 52.03%

Can anyone help me with setting up 515E up 2004 Setting ISA Exchange in Server Server 2003 front and of Pix this network layout with my Pix Firewall Network Layout Pix gt DMZ gt ISA Server gt Exchange Server Users Pix outside IP Address Pix inside IP Address DMZ IP Addresss ISA Server outside IP ISA Server inside IP I ve identified the interfaces IP Address and named all plus the following config global outside interface nat inside nat dmz conduit permit icmp any any route outside I can now access the internet from my ISA Server in the DMZ zone I Setting up Pix 515E in front of ISA Server 2004 and Exchange Server 2003 am intending to put the ISA Server out on the DMZ to access the outside world with static dmz outside netmask and then open all traffic to ISA with access-list acl out permit ip any host any access-group acl out in interface outside then I ll give ISA server access to the inside network with access-list acl dmz permit tcp eq access-group acl dmz in interface dmz With the above commands the first access-list acl out was not accepted by pix plus the second access-list acl dmz so if you could please share some light upon my configurations Regards Semisi nbsp

A:Setting up Pix 515E in front of ISA Server 2004 and Exchange Server 2003

Here, I scrapped your config. NAT bad/static bad/conduit bad/access-list bad.

no fixup protocol smtp
nameif int xxx outside security 0
nameif int xxx inside security 100
nameif int xxx dmz security 80
icmp permit any outside echo-reply
icmp permit any outside unreachable
icmp permit any inside
icmp permit any dmz
global (outside) 1 int
nat (inside) 1 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0 32768 16483
route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 65.77.78.1 1
static (inside,dmz) 172.17.0.0 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0
static (dmz,outside) 172.18.0.2 65.77.78.48 netmask 255.255.255.255 << Can't have same IP as interface**
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 80
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 443
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 25
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq echo
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq echo-reply
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq unreachable
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq source-quench
access-group internet in interface outside
access-list dmz permit ip host 172.18.0.2 any << *Read note 1
access-group dmz in interface dmz
access-list inside permit ip any any
access-group inside in interface inside

The above config will nat 172.18.0.2 to 65.77.78.48. You can't static NAT an entire IP to the same as a global (your interface). You can only do this if you NAT specific ports.

The above config will allow internet to reach 65.77.78.48 via TCP 80/443/25. I can only assume you're using ISA for EFE server, and maybe proxy. (Not an ISA fan)

The above config allows your ISA server carte-blanche access. In essence, it's a DMZ by name only. Don't fool yourself.

Don't use conduits, they're deprecated.

Don't use a firewall to permit "any" to your ISA server, actually use it to block inbound ports.

Also, your ISA server shouldn't/can't have two NIC's in the same subnet. That's a bad idea on 10 different levels. IF you're using your ISA server (blech) as EFE / reverse proxy for OWA, and outbound proxy - you might as well keep it on the same subnet as your Exchange server (inside, I'm assuming.) Again, 10 different reasons why it's a flawed security plan.

If this is simply an EFE server or reverse proxy, make sure you don't keep the ISA server part of any AD domain, stick it in the DMZ, and restrict what hosts it's allowed to see on the network that you're trying to protect.

Regards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-pix-515e-in-front-of-isa-server-2004-and-exchange-server-2003.563885/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a print server running standard sp I have been looking for a way to allow helpdesk staff install 2003 Windows SP2 on Standard server print to install & Server Unable remotely 7 driver and manage printers without logging into the server and Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server without adding them to the admin group So I added them to the power users group and the print operators group that worked fine they were able to UNC servername Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server to the server and install printers drivers as well as uninstall drivers printers ect Now the problem this works great from an XP box but when we try it from a windows machine we get access denied More specifically it acts like it is going to install the printer then when it comes to the driver installation part it fails Printer driver was not installed Access is denied No changes have been made to the permissions I can log into an XP machine with my profile and it works fine log out go to a Windows machine use the same credentials and I get the above message access is denied I am an admin of both machines on the windows machine I have UAC turned off completely Running XP Pro SP amp Windows pro both are bit machines I should also add that I have made the necessary group policy changes to allow printer operators to Load Unload device drivers and under the local policies security options I ensured that the Prevent users from installing printer drivers was Disabled Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server

How do you enter the credentials on the Windows 7 machine? I've noticed that you have to use "domain\username" rather than just the username in some cases.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403507/windows-7-2003-server-standard-sp2-unable-to-remotely-install-driver-on-print-server/
Relevancy 51.6%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716194/
Relevancy 51.6%

Every 5 minutes I get this error message popping up under event viewer on a Windows 2003 Small Business Server (all updates etc):

Event ID: 1054

Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (An unexpected network error occurred. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.​
I have done the MS Support site "recommendations", but the Server is pointing to itself for the DNS and the IP address and all that are fine. Not sure why or what is going on here. I can't seem to stop it.

A:Server 2003: (Event Viewer) error every 5 minutes RE: DNS Server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003-event-viewer-error-every-5-minutes-re-dns-server.472922/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All Today Proxy server in on my workplace attacked by some hacker Server running Windows Std Edition Service Pack Attack Details A Server help, Server Attack by need Proxy Unknown Hacker, 2003 account created with administrative privilege and while we checked it s logged on with that account strange thing is it s showing built in account 2003 Server Attack by Unknown Hacker, need help, Proxy Server also a exe file called AutoSQL and it started scanning lot s of Public IP s looks like it broadcasting created account is hackp and on event log it showing following successful logon Code Event Type Success Audit Event Source Security Event Category Logon Logoff Event ID Date Time PM User AFT-PROXY hackp Computer AFT-PROXY Description User initiated logoff User Name hackp Domain AFT-PROXY Logon ID x x b fec After initial shock we did scan with Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer it s showing critical update and important update reqd and most interesting part is when I was installing update via Windows update suddenly hacker take my full desktop control accessing my mouse keyboard and cancel update then open Internet Explorer open a site Service Window AutoSql IP Scan Netstat Code Microsoft Windows Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings hackp gt netstat Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf CLOSE WAIT TCP asdf asdf CLOSE WAIT TCP asdf asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf FIN WAIT TCP asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf http ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf TIME WAIT TCP asdf TIME WAIT C C Documents and Settings hackp gt netstat -n Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP FIN WAIT TCP FIN WAIT C Documents and Settings hackp gt Netstat Code Microsoft Windows Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings hackp gt netstat -nr Route Table Interface List x MS TCP Loopback interface x f Intel R PRO CT Network Connection x f Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric Default Gateway Persistent Routes Network Address Netmask Gateway Address Metric C Documents and Settings hackp gt We hav PIX in our workplace We hav Trend Micro office scan Using Trend Micro Proxy Server Is there any new vulnerability on server Please help urgent nbsp

A:2003 Server Attack by Unknown Hacker, need help, Proxy Server

For instant Recovery, we re format our servers and change it's password, and fully patched with windows update. still now, no further attack..

Any help would be grate..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2003-server-attack-by-unknown-hacker-need-help-proxy-server.707393/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi guys!
I just installed Windows 2000 Advance Server recently to a Compaq Proliant ML530 server and found out that the license for this server is more expensive than Windows Server 2003 Standard. The SmartStart CD of the compaq does not support windows server 2003 and I don't want to manually re-configure everything and start all over again. Does Win2K A.S. support Windows Server 2003 upgrade?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-upgrade-win2k-advance-server-to-windows-server-2003-std.390752/
Relevancy 51.6%

Cannot access windows updates any admin tools av websites cannot run spybot internet explorer giving security settings warning cannot change any of the settings HJT log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Documents and Settings administrator domain WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe tools admin Terminal access 2003 Server Server cannot C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent tmlisten exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe P Worldox WDA exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Tabs CMMAIN EXE C Program Files Tabs STMapi exe C Program Files Tabs dropbox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat plug ins PaperCapture Server Roman Capserve exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system mstsc exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files FileOpen plug ins FileOpenAPI exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings administrator domain Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run bacstray C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files Scan... Read more

A:Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403995/server-2003-terminal-server-cannot-access-admin-tools/
Relevancy 51.6%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716193/
Relevancy 51.6%

so i have problems with a sbs2003 box. Its slow...fax services are not working properly etc...

the only option i see is to reinstall it.
is there anyway i can migrate accounts,exchange settings,shares ...as much as possible.

how would i go about doing this?

do i have to use some virtual server software...(thats what my friend was telling me)
has anybody got any info or links to accomplishing this...

any info appreciated...

pk

A:migrating server 2003 ..to server 2003

Take a quick look here

http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archiv...er-2003-migration-update-943494-released.aspx

You have three options, theres a fourth but thats install from scratch
ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&scoring=d&q=move+to+new+hardware&btnG=Search&meta=group%3Dmicrosoft.public.windows.server.sbs

1. Swing Migration - http://www.sbsmigration.com

2. forklift. Image your installation and restore it to your new hardware. Some information on this method at http://www.smallbizserver.net. Check out google groups also for some info also.

3. Theres a Microsoft tool called Active Directory Migration Tool. For this you'll need to rename your server and you domain http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=16414

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrating-server-2003-to-server-2003.738516/
Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a good guide or tutorial to show you how to set up a file server with file permissions and access?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seting-up-file-server-permissions-server-2003.294310/
Relevancy 51.17%

We had:

1) 1 Windows Server 2003 running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 workstations.

We now want to have:

1) 1 Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 same workstations, with their same user profiles.

So I joined the 2008 R2 server to the domain, and then used the dcpromo tool to make it a domain controller.

Problem is, whenever I take the old server offline, (the 2003 one) everything flips out, logons are slow, and the 2008 server gives people trying to access shared files weird errors like that the server that authenticated them cannot be contacted, and asks them to log in again with their username and password before accessing shared files on the server.

What did I do wrong? I must be forgetting something.

A:Replacing a Windows 2003 AD DS server with a 2008 R2 AD DS server

1. Transfer all FSMO roles to your 2008 R2 server
2. Uninstall AD on 2003 server
3. You can now permanently take 2003 server offline

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-a-windows-2003-ad-ds-server-with-a-2008-r2-ad-ds-server.189290/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok so i need to set up windows 2003 server edition as a vpn server so someone can connect to it from home or from his work! Does anyone have any advice i have been trying but nothing seems to allow me to get connected!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-a-vpn-server-on-windows-2003-server-edition.130776/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I am not able to connect to OPC server for non admin user in windows server 2003.

I get Runtime error '-536608665(e0040067)':
Failed to connect OPC server.
The system returned the following error message:
Access is denied

But i can connect non admin user to opc server in Windows xp

Is it possible for non admin user to connect OPC server in windows server 2003?

OPC server and client are on same system

Please give me your feedback

Thanks!
Santosh

A:Non Admin not able to connect OPC server in Windows Server 2003

From what I've read on this thread, you'll need to set computer-wide DCOM security permissions. You'll want to peruse that thread.

On another note, this isn't really the best spot for this question. An error message isn't a crash, hang or bsod, and the situation is more relevant to specifically the Windows Server section (even though OPC servers can and often do exist in many client versions of Windows). You'll be able to receive more help there, as it's pertinent to your needs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/non-admin-not-able-to-connect-opc-server-in-windows-server-2003-a-560614.html
Relevancy 51.17%

What are the steps involved in sharing Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2003 Server resources over a network?

Relevancy 51.17%

I have two domain controllers with different domain names but on the same subnet and with active directory installed. One domain controller is win 2000 and the other is win 2003. The computers are in a workgroup the users don't log on but are connected to the win 2000 box with shares to a program. If I take active directory off the win 2000 box and demote will that affect the computers that are In a workgroup connected to the shares? I want to install all the programs and shares on the new win 2003 box but one computer win not let me log on to the win 2003 box it says no domain available. What can I do to slowly migrate the programs and shares to the new server?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/demoting-a-win-2000-server-with-a-win-2003-server-on-the-same-subnet.136644/
Relevancy 51.17%

Having issue with email. some emails will be received while other will not. Cannot put or finger on the problem. Has anyone had this problem.

Relevancy 51.17%

I am running Windows Server 2003 with Terminal Services enabled and was wondering if there are any compatibility problems with installing Word 2003. Microsofts website says Windows 2000 with SP3, Windows XP, or later as OS requirements but that is very general.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Relevancy 50.31%

We have a Windows 7 Pro laptop that can't see any of the 300 or so Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Machines.

It can, however, see all (around 13) Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 Machines that are on the network. Using \\ServerName\Share doesn't connect, and they don't show up on the network map.

It can ping the servers though. They ping by hostname and by ip address. Other Windows 7 Pro Laptops don't have this same problem!

Additional Info:
They are all joined to the domain; servers, laptaps, etc.

A:Windows 7 Computer can't see Server 2003 Server

My problem is when i join in 2003 domain server i get the msag

"An attempat to resolve the DNS name of a domain controller in the domain being joined has failed.
Please verf=ify this client is configured to reach a DNS server that can resolve DNS names name in
the target domain. for information about network troubleshooting, see windows help "

tell me what i have to do! 10Q

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/146074-windows-7-computer-cant-see-server-2003-server.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a client who has an existing Server 2000 domain. He is running two Windows 2000 servers in his domain. What he's looking to do is to replace the master domain controller,(the server which was first brought up and hence contains the master copy of the domain database).

I believe that since this is going to be a completely new server and running Server 2003 standard edtiion I believe, that I'll need to first take everyone out of the domain, demote the second domain controller to a stand-alone and then demote the master domain controller which effectively dissolves the domain. Then after bringing the brand new server up, recreate the domain and then the secondary domain controller and join everyone back into domain (new SID but same domain name).

Does this sound correct-could anyone confirm whether this is correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

fast586

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2000-server-2003-domains.554141/
Relevancy 50.31%

Not sure if this is the correct forum. In the past I could use SCOPY to move users files from a File server (NT4 server) to a Windows 2000 server. From what I understand SCOPY does not work properly with 2003. Does Server 2003 have a similar utility to pring in files and retain security permissions ?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I created the following performance counter using logman exe nbsp logman exe counters incorrectly Server Windows correctly creates performance on 2003 but Server Windows Logman 2008/2012 on create counter US Triton Perf Log -b -e -r -s server -si frequence -cf folder server txt -f logtype nbsp -o C local logs Perfout Server --a -v mmddhhmm nbsp -rf nbsp max Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 duration When I do this across multiple servers specifically for Windows Servers the counter is created to repeat and run everyday at PM and stops running everyday at PM This works perfectly fine as intended However When I do this for a Windows server my created counter is very different For example in this case I have set to the counters to start at AM and end at PM because I have set a maximum duration of hours the job terminates and begins on the next day since Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 I have the repeat option on However this does not apply to our server logman creates the job to run once a week in this case it would be on a Wednesday In addiiton I noticed that the job doesn't not even start at it's indented time It actually does not start at all I also notice that the jobs on all windows servers are created in a pending status which then prevents me from removing Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 the counter remotely nbsp I would like to know if windows is capable of working like my win servers using logman and if historically the job has to be kicked off through scheduled task nbsp Both Jobs are using the same criteria but are created differently The top photo was created on a windows server and the bottom photo was created on windows server Am I missing something here FYI I have a script to automate across servers so when I deployed this it turned out about servers were actually running as intended and a whole bunch of them were in pending status and all stopped nbsp I appreciate any response on this issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8377c80-cabf-41ca-bd0b-8132c4e19269/logman-creates-performance-counters-on-windows-server-20082012-correctly-but-incorrectly-on-windows?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi folks!
Weird issue here. WHen I have an Excel spreadsheet open at the same time as Outlook, I try to copy and paste a portion of the spreadsheet to a new Outlook message. But as soon as I click on "New Mail Message"....Outlook stays open, but Excel closes immediately and what I copied to the clipboard isn't there any more.
I tried this on a second computer and it seems to work fine.
Any ideas on why this is happening on this one computer?

You people provide a wealth of information!!!

A:Outlook 2003 / Excel 2003 issue

Have you tried to perform a Detect and Repair to see if that resolves the issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-excel-2003-issue.743917/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all I m not sure if this is an operating system question or more of a software development question Anyway I have a legacy COM service a COM server 2003 Server execution Windows - connecting when on service DCOM "Server failed" that runs as a windows service that was written for Windows NT I have managed to use the service on both Windows and Windows XP unchanged However I now wish to run the service on a Windows Server machine and I can t seem to DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting get it to work This is what happens - Install the service and set it to log on using a domain account Start the service from the services msc applet Start the client application and connect to the service At this stagte the client applicaiton freezes for approximately seconds and DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting then returns with the error message quot Server execution failed quot I ve also tried using the client whilst the service is stopped In this case when I connect the service is started but I get the same error The development team also provided a standalone application that hosts the exact same COM objects mainly for debugging purposes If I use the standalone application everything works fine Its all very strange Does anyone have any idea what the cause might be And preferably a solution Thanks Kep nbsp

A:DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting

I found the answer.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...-DC48AB0DA5C9&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

The above discussion says that a service must enter a running state before a COM server calls CoRergisterClassObject. So I guess its a development problem.

Not sure why it only manifests on Windows Server 2003 though.

Kep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dcom-service-on-windows-server-2003-server-execution-failed-when-connecting.695005/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm sorry to bother you guys but I'd really appreciate some additional info on the following. What is the difference between Windows NT 4.0, Server 2000 and Server 2003?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt4-server-2000-server-2003.292301/
Relevancy 48.59%

Does anyone recommend a certain brand of server and a place to buy? I am thinking server 2003 running on a Proliant with a Xeon processor but I am not sure how much power I need. I will be running five database off of one server with 40 workstations local and five connecting via terminal services. will I need dual processor? I am thinking I will need at least 400 GB of hard drive space and at least 1gb of ram maybe more. What do you guys think.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-needed-to-run-server-2003.409949/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi, on my other computer i am trying to reformat the drive and install windows server 2003 however when i type in format c: i am told the volume is in use and i am unable to lock it, so i really dont know what to do? any help would be great ta

A:2000 Server -> 2003 Server

For stubborn drives I use delpart.exe . Just copy the .exe to a boot disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-server-2003-server.377511/
Relevancy 48.59%

can anybody tell me about the differences/similarities between these two OS features and a way its work.

A:win server 2000 vs server 2003

Look on MS's site. All the info you need is there.EEOC

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/win-server-2000-vs-server-2003/65683.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am trying to setup my own VPN I have installed Server on my server machine The server server Windows as VPN Server 2003 machine is connected to my Netgear router which connects to the internet I have setup the VPN service and can connect localy using an advanced connection setup in windows XP on my client machine Also on my network is a fileserver running windows vista soon xp or server the server has over gb of storage mostly full t hat i want to share over my VPN This is also onnected to the Windows Server 2003 as VPN server netgear router My problem is with sharing these files How do i set the drives on my file server as standard shares for all VPN connected users I can access them local over the lan but not sure how to share for users dialing into the VPN any step by step tutorials links would be welcomed or if anyone can help me it would be brilliant or if somone can get on msn with me and walk me through what im doing wrong that would be awsome too Thanks alot nbsp

A:Windows Server 2003 as VPN server

Information for how to configure a Windows2003 VPN server can be found at:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/w3k_vpn_server.htm

You don't need to make any changes or additions to shares in regards to VPN client's being able to access previous shares on the server. Whatever you have assigned for the LAN access can work for VPN.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-as-vpn-server.603026/
Relevancy 48.16%

The following Structure is a representation PC - IP - FQDN PC DOM LOCAL PC - IP - FQDN PC DOM LOCAL SRV - IP - Server Issue to File 2012 7 Windows Share Server Networking a with FQDN SRV DOM LOCAL - File Share 'FLDR ' USR lt ReadOnly gt SRV has a folder FLDR being shared for read only access to user USR PC and PC Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share logged on Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share as Domain User USR PC is able to connect to SRV to see and look in FLDR PC is unable to connect to SRV Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share to see and look in FLDR Now there are multiple means of connecting to SRV to see the share FLDR The following connections were done in combination with the following methods Method - via logged on Domain User CMD Prompt with 'NET VIEW' Method - via logged on Domain Administrator CMD Prompt with 'NET VIEW' Method - via logged on Domain User Explorer Window Method - via logged on Domain Administrator Explorer Window Connection - via Server Name Connection - via Server IP Address Connection - via Server Fully Qualified Domain Name Now that the stage is set going to the fun part Testing from both PC and PC ------------------------------------------- PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success ------------------------------------------- PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success ------------------------------------------- PC and PC being logged in as USR PC is able to connect to the SRV share FLDR PC is unable to connect to SRV except by IP Address as shown in the tests above but as for data connection for some reason it is very slow even though it is on a Gb line nbsp All failures are given in response to Access Denied Error This issue persists after I reboot PC and after I remove USR user profile nbsp I have also tried changing the IP address of the PC and still no resolution Also no local PC accounts such as Administrator or Guest can be used to view our shares as we have removed 'Everyone' from the permissions and have selected 'Domain Users' group in place of it nbsp If you are not in our domain you will not have access to our shares even if you are on our network This issue also just started this past week I have looked for a resolution to this issue and am unable to find one that works nbsp In reality we have PCs on our floor that use a single user to get to this single folder to run an application and only one of them is giving this issue nbsp I'm almost getting ready to rebuild the issue PC from scratch with the image of the other machines nbsp Also the imaging isn't the issue either since I've used the same image and software package for the past two years on this group of machines and this particular machine was in the second batch out of six deployed nbsp Any other suggestions are welcome

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9a70a336-c183-430b-b6e5-0adcec1552c7/windows-7-networking-issue-to-a-server-2012-server-with-file-share?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 47.73%

i have the server with windows SP and i executed replication active directory domain controller on the new server as i have two servers all with computer in the client server 2003 problem network client/server windows expect one client computer work ok onthe problematically computer is with the windows me problem is when i shut down old server the computer with win me drop out from domain and he don t see new server when i power on old server the client computer work ok i deinstalled the win me on this computer and i installed to him win xp pro but problem is same this computer don t see new server and he don t see others client computers in network problem with client computer in the client/server network windows server 2003 what i do i tryed to make new user account but nothing i can t because of this computer don t see new server on client computer light green indicator on network adapter Realtek d all the time i use commands ping with the ip address of server with the name of server nothing ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ip address of old server is and new server maybe problem is when i type ipconfig in dosprompt on new server i receive DNS server and DHCP plz help me thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-client-computer-in-the-client-server-network-windows-server-2003.617978/
Relevancy 47.73%

Integrate Microsoft Project 2003 in Microsoft SharePoint 2003 Server ???

Hi!

Know someone if an integration of Microsoft Project 2003 is
possible in Microsoft SharePoint 2003 Server ???
regards,
gicio

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/integrate-microsoft-project-2003-in-microsoft-sharepoint-2003-server.212535/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, Can any1 help me i have did upgrade Windows 2000 Ent. Server (SP4) to Windows 2003 Ent. Server, but after rebooting the machine all of sudden BLUE screen appears with mentioning below error though OS working in safe mode. Please help me out to resolve the issue ASAP.
Driver_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Then at the end it says
Beginning dump of physical memory

HYDIS.sys address 7505AF5 base at F74E9000
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0xf3bbf000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF7505AF5)

Physical memory dumb.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group
BR,

Sharjeel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-upgrade-windows-2000-ent-server-to-windows-2003-ent-server.625977/
Relevancy 45.15%

I couldn t find a forum on Windows Server but since Win 2003 6.0 IIS and Server IIS can be run in XP thought I d try IIS 6.0 and Win Server 2003 this forum I need to setup an ftp site for my business and IIS 6.0 and Win Server 2003 am having troubles doing so I have IIS installed on Windows Server Standard Edition For the time being I just created a bunch of individual FTP Sites on different ports stupid yes I know for each user The way the business is set up certain users need access to all folders within the root other users need access to first level sub-folders within the root and other users need access to second level sub-folders within the root I want to combine all my single FTP Sites into FTP Site so that only port is open and whoever logs into my FTP site uses the same port as everyone else safer for the server The problem comes with Permissions because I need to block the second level sub-folder users from the root directory I tried Isolating users with without the Active Directory setting but from what I ve read on the internet that seems to be more for local computers like actual employees within the company and have scripts running when they logon to their computer Well I have clients that don t logon to my computers they just need to download and view files from my server Anyone have any ideas at all on how I should go about this nbsp

A:IIS 6.0 and Win Server 2003

FTP users should have the same access rights as far as files and folders as long as you are using Windows authentication for their FTP sessions. You could also set up a group in AD just for FTP users and assign access that way to the FTP root and sub-directories.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iis-6-0-and-win-server-2003.426738/
Relevancy 45.15%

One of my clients has filled their raid array (5 x 36gb) on a Windows 2003 server. They are in the process of archiving old data off. They would like to have that data online. What would be better - hooking up a NAS or attaching a USB external Hard drive? Are there any limitations of attaching a USB external hard drive? thx

A:NAS or ext USB HD on 2003 Server?

Personally, I like NAS but use both solutions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nas-or-ext-usb-hd-on-2003-server.583529/
Relevancy 45.15%

Does server 2003 run like a normal operating system or does it require a network to run? i just wanna try it out... dont ask.

does it have programs and stuff, like xp?

thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi
I have win xppro sp2 laptop, and win 2003 server sp2. I have installed IIS on both, and can access my local sites on laptop from my server. But I cannot access server sites from my laptop. I cannot ping server from laptop - it gives me error: request timed out.
On my laptop I have zonealarm security suite and my server has pctools firewall plus v 3.
The file sharing works perfectly, I can view the network on both machines in windows explorer, and access files from both pcs.
It is the http:// from laptop to server that is not working.
Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

I want to setup a computer so only I can log into it. How do I accomplish this? It is Server 2003 and it is on a domain.

A:Server 2003

why dont you reload it with XP/2000/vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003.676887/
Relevancy 45.15%

How do you enable sound to hear speakers on this OS, please? Did this -- Alternatively, you can double-click the Sounds and Audio Devices applet in Control Panel, and select e Enable Windows Audio check-box.

And under services it is in automatic mode not disabled.

thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003.780662/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

Ok I currently have a sbs 2003 server that is completely out of space and it is preetty old and slow.

So we purchased a brand new server and I installed sbs 2003 on the server. BUT i need to know what is the best way to copy my exchange and files over because they can't be on the same domain.

Please help.

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-sbs-2003-server.583501/
Relevancy 45.15%

First of all Happy holidays to all of the techguy support techs that are here for us days a year Second I need help I run the network for my company honestly and I am learning how to by coming to techguy site and read the forums but is my responsibility to stop people from the outside to log into our system Currently we have a credit collection company located in another city they log into our system anytime they want I need to restrict their access 2003 server as of now there is no restriction meaning they can access anytime anywhere When I was working for another company there was this windows that open asking for your log and password in order for us to have access how can I do that with the server I manage also everytime I reboot the system the IP address get server 2003 changes and that creates a problem since we access the data base via IP address Can anyone help me with this issue thank you much Jaime nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I am running at my work a Windows 2003 Server and cannot seem to get the Mac OS X to be able to connect to it, most specifically to the File System of the server. Does anyone know any good websites, or have had problems setting it up. I have been through a lot of sites, tried a lot of things, but cannot get it to connect properly.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2003-server-mac-os-x.358817/
Relevancy 45.15%

sorry i didnt see a forum for server 2003.

the question is : you have enabled auditing of CA events so you can monitor certificate issuances. where would you you look to see the information that is generated by the auditing?
a. the certificate services log in event viewer
b. the auditing log in event viewer
c. the system log in event viewer
d. the security log in event viewer

A:server 2003

Security?...I don't know if this will help
http://searchsecuritychannel.techta...ebaseAnswer/0,289625,sid97_gci1243666,00.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003.659033/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am not knowledgeable enough to know can I use 2003 to replace XP Pro.I have DL a trial copy from M$. Also if I get a key from another source will the program remain functional after I put in the key.I think u know my meaning regarding a key.Thanks,Dannir

Relevancy 45.15%

I need help setting up a security level for oa server that runs windows 2003 R2. Here is the scenario.

In the company where I work we all access our server via telnet. However, we have an outside company that does our collections and they need access to our server, via remote terminal or telnet which they have. But We just found out that an employee has been accessing our system on weeekends and I need to know how to setup the system so that when an outsider wants to access it ask for a login and Password. This way only assigned users will have access to our system. But the way the system is now, anyone with the right ip address can access our system via telnet.
Any help pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Thank you very much

Jaime