Windows Support Forum

wireless randomly disconnecting

Q: wireless randomly disconnecting

I have a belkin n router and every so often my roommates and i get disconnected from the internet. Now when I look at the router, the wireless signal goes off, the modem light flashes and then after awhile, everything goes back to normal. I have comcast internet. We then bought a new modem, didn't fix anything, bought a linksys cisco router, and that kept disconnecting more frequently.

we also changed the channel of our broadcast, have wpa activated, power cycled both modem and router before but didn't solve anything

now is the problem comcast? or is our luck really bad with the two routers we bought? or can it be something else.

thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: wireless randomly disconnecting

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 74.39%

So I've had a new HP Pavilion G6 for several weeks. In the last three days, every few hours it will randomly disconnect, and won't re-connect unless I restart my computer. The other laptop in the house is not having any problems, so I don't think it's the router. I tried re-installing the WiFi driver but it's still doing it.

In my Events Log I notice that before each disconnect there's an unidentified event with the Intel Wireless as a source: "The description for Event ID 5007 from source NETwNe64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

I checked previous threads on random disconnects but they all seem to deal with a connection that disconnects every few minutes, not hours.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

A:Wireless Randomly Disconnecting

Does your VPN require login details? Are you sure these are correct? Have you double checked the address is correct? Did this work on older versions of windows? Are you sure the remote network is still accepting your connection?

If you are 100% sure your settings are correct and it worked on older versions of windows then try connecting again with an older version of windows and comparing the settings.

I have no problem setting up various VPN's in win 8 with all sorts of different settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/18418-wireless-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My flatmate has just recently set up wireless. It works perfectly on her laptop but continuously disconnects at random every 7-11 minutes on mine.

I then have to re-enter the network key to reconnect to our wireless network as when it disconnects it returns back to deleting the network key I have entered and checking the automatic key box. It will not connect at all when this box is checked.

Also when I do connect after entering the network key, in the box stating the network I am connected to, in the top right corner it states i am 'not connected' yet under the name of the network I am connected to it states 'you are currently connected to this network'.

A:Solved: Wireless disconnecting randomly

make and model of your PC
make and model of router/modem

I would start by taking off the secruity on the router for wireless - see if you stay connected
next change wireless channel on the router - use 1 or 6 or 11

if you connect tothe router with a cable - does it work OK or still disconnect

On Wireless
if those changes still gives you a probem post back all the following
1) when its working
2) When it disconnects ..

make sure we know which is which on the posts
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

{Ping Tests}
Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping google.com
Post back the results

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53
post back results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-disconnecting-randomly.875690/
Relevancy 73.53%

My wireless network connection keeps disconnecting with no apparent cause. Then it reconnects itself, sometimes almost instantly and other times it takes about 5 minutes. Its done this for as long as I can remember, although it did stop for a short while not long ago leading me to believe it had fixed itself. All the other computers on the network dont seem to have this problem. Its quite annoying as I cant download anything of size as it cuts out half way through or do much else for that matter.

Im using the KLG 530 Wirless PCI Network Adapter.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 73.53%

Maybe it s not so random I m having a problem with my laptop just losing it s connection I am running Vista on it so I wouldn t be suprised if that was the root of the issue It stays connected and functions perfectly when in use but if I leave the computer sit idle network disconnecting?? is randomly My wireless it will eventually disconnect itself and then it won t be able to detect any wireless networks It s almost like the network adapter shuts off or something I then restart the computer and as soon as it boots up it detects my network and connects to it with no probem at all So far I think My wireless network is randomly disconnecting?? it only disconnects when it s not plugged into the charger is on the Power Saver Mode and is sitting idle for a short extended period of time Is there some kind of setting in Vista that is disabling my network adapter Is anyone else having a related issue By the way my laptop My wireless network is randomly disconnecting?? is a Dell and I am My wireless network is randomly disconnecting?? just using the internal wirless adapter the laptop came with I really think it s an issue with Vista not my laptop nbsp

A:My wireless network is randomly disconnecting??

Go into the power management and disable any power saving features of the wireless adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-network-is-randomly-disconnecting.672970/
Relevancy 72.67%

So this is kind of an odd issue. My wireless connection (on my desktop only) will randomly disconnect itself from my wireless network, causing me to lose internet for a moment, then reconnect itself automatically. This happens every half an hour or so. It gets incredibly annoying if I'm in something like a skype call, my skype will disconnect and I have to rejoin the call, etc.

The only workaround I've figured out is to disconnect and click the "troubleshoot network issues" button or whatever, which always lets me reconnect instantly, but I disconnect again soon enough.

My router is a linksys AC1900, but I'm pretty sure it's a desktop issue because the internet on my laptop never goes out.

Thanks for any help, and if you need any more details let me know. (computer noob here)
~IcedEclipse

A:Randomly disconnecting from wireless network on my desktop

Hi ... Wireless problems can be caused by many things ... In the Link below there are several different Steps which may Resolve your Issue ...

As you do not think the Router is the issue try the other Steps first ..

Have you tried with the Lan Connection is that stable ? ...

Is your wireless connection dropping?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/356562-randomly-disconnecting-wireless-network-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My wireless connection seems to randomly disconnect, and then imediatly reconnect, dont have any frequency interference that i know of, any idea what would cause this?

i have client lease time set to a long time, so its not that.

A:wireless connection randomly disconnecting/reconnecting

I'm having the same exact issue, no idea what could be causing it right now though. I've tried so many things.

First however you could narrow it down: try running a wired connection briefly and see if the connection still gets interrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting.41152/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am running windows vista and am having a nightmare.
Wireless network adapter keeps disconnecting from my o2 broadband router. I have to restart the wireless network adapter to re connect to sort problem out. This keeps happening and as I am not very good on computers I havent a clue whats wrong.
Its so fustrating would be grateful for any help.
I have updated drivers for the wirelesss network adapter but still having same problems.
I have a laptop that connects to the same network with no problems so my network must be ok.
My desktop pc is under 1 year old so I thought that the wireless network adapter should be ok.

A:Randomly disconnecting PLEASE HELP!!

What brand is the laptop? Do you get proper signal strength?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-disconnecting-please-help.846868/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all for the past maybe week or so my internet has been disconnecting from my laptop for no reason The only way I m able to reconnect is to restart my computer or put it on sleep then waking it back up I believe the problem is within my laptop and not the router I ve reset my router and still nothing While I lose connection my brother downstairs is worry free nothing happens to his laptop leading me to think its just me For some reason I tend to believe maybe skype is causing the issue I usually lose connection while I m playing a game with my friends in a skype voice call However I still lose connection if I m not in a voice chat at times I have AVG as a free anti virus and I ve already add skype as an exception as well I did this for my firewall I even tried to update my wireless card driver Everything is already up to date I even uninstalled skype and reinstalled a older version of it I m all out of ideas Please help My laptop is an Acer Aspire Thanks nbsp

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly?

uninstall avg - see how below

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
right click in the command prompt ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.1095075/
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok, first post here, just need help for this problem. I use a wireless device which connects to my Desktop downstairs, which in turn connects to the router upstairs. All wireless too. So starting about 2 months ago I've been randomly disconnecting when playing games like WoW, and CoH and losing connection on the internet as well. It can't be the router I assume since the laptop upstairs which connects to the same thing never disconnects. I have a D-Link router and a D-link gaming router which connects to the PC. Any help?

A:Network randomly disconnecting

whats your average level of connectivity (ie strong / weak / 1, 2 or 3 bars)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-randomly-disconnecting-334934.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Actually i've tried alot of solution to solve the problem .. but as in the title above .. im still facing the same problem ..
the modem router is connecting with the desktop (XP) and my laptop is connecting using wifi .. whenever the desktop is disconnecting , my laptop disconnected also ..
when i try to ping www.google.com.my .. it works fine for a period .. but when the problem is occured, it shows request timed out and a moment later it will shows reply from 192.168.1.1 : destination host unreachable .. and the DSL and internet light will disappear .. this really irritating me for a few days already .. and sorry for the bad english ..

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
My wireless internet keeps die randomly, just the connection dying. The internet stays connected to the router but i have no connection on my computer until i repair the connection to which it works fine again for about another hour.
So i have decided to try and find out why this was happening, which is why i have done the hijackthis scan.
So if anyone would be so kind to see if there is any problems going on here, would be apprieciated.
And if there is any of way of finding out why my connection keeps dying randomly would also be very much apprieciated.

A:Internet randomly disconnecting

Welcome to TechSpot! Hopefully I can give you some guidance.
First, you need to understand that we don't use HijackThis to 'screen' for problems.

About the connection interrupt:
1. If you use a router: Disconnect the power from the router and the modem. Wait about 30 seconds. Then reconnect the power to both. This is known as power cycling If frees up the memory in the router.
2. Check the manufacturer's site of this:
C:\Program Files\TalkTalk\TalkTalk SNU5630NS 05 Wireless USB Adapter Utility\TTUSBBGMonitor.exe
See if there is any firmware update available. If there is, follow the instructions and update the driver.
3. Check the setting you have for this:
O23 - Service: ES lite Service for program management. (ES lite Service) - Unknown owner - Crogram FilesGigabyteEasySaverESSVR.EXE Easy Energy Saver it's a motherboard utility that manage the power of CPU, fan and may others.
Click on start> All Programs> double click on GigabyteEasySaver and check the settings. It might be that it is closing the system down for some reason.
4. If you have checked all the equipment, cable and settings and still have the problem, contact your ISP are report the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-randomly-disconnecting.156080/
Relevancy 55.9%

Recently the Internet Day the Randomly Disconnecting During internet on my computer started acting up I have noticed a pattern with this and it seems that it only happens during the day and I never experience it at all during the night This leads me to believe it s not any type of hardware failure Anyway I m using windows XP and have a Netgear WGT v router My connection is wired and none of the other computers on the network have any problem connecting when my connection goes down The only solutions I have found to the problem are restarting the computer or going to Control panel then network connections and right clicking Local Area Connection and pressing repair After doing one of those things to temporarily fix it not too long after the connection will start disconnecting again Also the Local Area Connection status is Connected whenever I look at it when this happens Also I ve scanned for viruses with avast a few times as well as Spybot Search amp Destroy and haven t found anything wrong I d Internet Disconnecting Randomly During the Day like some help in trying to find a solution to the problem If you need any more info let me know and I ll be glad to provide it for you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-randomly-during-the-day.136883/
Relevancy 55.9%

My router is Netgear WGT624v3 and I'm using Windows XP. My connection has been going much slower than it should and it keeps randomly disconnecting, forcing me to go into Control Panel > Network Connections to reset it multiple times. It keeps disconnecting no matter what I do though. There are other computers connected to the router and mine is much slower than the others. I tried calling up the router company and have them reset everything (on their end, resetting the router does nothing) and it worked fine for about an hour before messing up again. I've reset the router and modem, restarted my computer, tried all of that. The connection works, just theres something wrong with it on my computer only and I can't fix it.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hey Over the past few weeks my internet connection has been randomly disconnecting and I see absolutely no reason for this It happens randomly it seems but I ve been checking the time when it disconnects maybe it s just me but it appears to be disconnecting Randomly Internet Disconnecting at times like or it always seems to be an exact time There is no telling when it will disconnect and how long it will stay disconnected for It comes back up within - minutes usually I ve also been having second disconnects where I crash and am instantly reconnected to Ventrilo Steam Windows Live Messenger and of course I am given full browsing capabilities Also it seems that sometimes it is disconnecting at key moments such as when something important is Internet Randomly Disconnecting happening etc I unplug the modem router just router just modem when it disconnects I have tried all of them None change the outcome it connects at it s own time Now when it disconnects I simply leave and come back later or sit around waiting for it to come back up I have used this same set-up for so long and it is only happening now My ISP says nothing seems to be wrong They can send in a technician to get it checked out but I know it won t do much I want to see if there s something simpler I can do I ve thought of reformatting but it seems that it is my INTERNET as the laptops in the household also cannot access the internet during these times What can I do Please help lt Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hiya all I'm getting random internet disconnections while using my laptop wirelessly It started happening a couple of months Wifi disconnecting keeps randomly ago when I was using my laptop in the uni library Since then when using my laptop wirelessly at various places and at home this has happened Since coming back home for the summer I have changed ISP with no difference the issue is still there whatever ISP router Last week I reset my laptop to factory settings but yet its getting worse if not better What happens is no more links open up and I get a yellow exclamation mark on top of the wifi signal indicator There is still a connection to the router however theres no connection to the web afterwards When this happens I can use Wifi keeps randomly disconnecting my PC with no issues at all Heres a screenshot of what comes up on ipconfig when the issue is there http i imgur com K v AQi png The internet sometimes reconnects itself with no intervention sometimes on a restart but I have to wait - mins I see no light changes on both routers ISP's I tested and during the downtime the laptop isn't shown to be connected contrary to the laptop to the router on the router settings page The laptop is running Windows home premium Lenovo Z I just noticed During when the downtime is active these are the attached devices imgur the simple image sharer However when the wifi is working this is the same screen imgur the simple image sharer My phone never disconnects just my laptop which doesn't seem to like wifi thanks in advance

A:Wifi keeps randomly disconnecting

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL and press enter.

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wifi-keeps-randomly-disconnecting-705545.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all. I hope this isn't in the wrong section...
My computer recently has begun to disconnect itself from the internet randomly. One time, it did it for an hour and would keep reconnecting but soon after disconnecting again. I've eliminated the chance it was my whole service by asking members of the household if their internet was acting up.

Here's another strange thing that will happen when the problem occurs. Upon shutting down to try and reconnect, my computer will be stuck on the shutdown screen.

I found one minidump from yesterday, but I'm not sure how much of a help it will be. I'll attach it anyway.

Please inform me if there is any other information that you require.

A:Internet Disconnecting Randomly

What is your network adapter? It must be an issue with your adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-randomly.192115/
Relevancy 55.9%

This is only happening on my labtop and I am not sure why. It happened all of a sudden with no reason for it at all.
I tried a couple of things but none of them seemed to work. Is their a program where I can show you guys my specs, I'm new at this so help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 55.9%

Well I've tried to avoid posting to plea for help because I thought I would of been able to target the source of the problem The Problem is of course somewhat common among people My internet at some Disconnecting! Help, Randomly Internet Please point randomly disconnects At times it's stable and fast Some days it does not disconnect at all and some days it disconnects frequently which frustrates me the most because I play MMO's other times I would disconnect out of the blue I've tested to see what problems might this be And I've tried almost all I've looked up and heard of I've tried doing reboots system clean ups downloading Malwarebytes and doing scans disabling the quot Microsoft WI-FI Mini Adapter quot from the device manager tried restarting router modem dozens of times checked the phone line changed Please Help, Internet Randomly Disconnecting! the DNS server yet in the event viewer the DNS client error Please Help, Internet Randomly Disconnecting! event still persists I've done a ton of things in cmd that I cannot even recall because there's been too many efforts in trying to fix it My mother Please Help, Internet Randomly Disconnecting! on the other hand does not have this issue what so ever and kind of refuses to call in support from Comcast to actually find a solution only because she doesn't have the issue herself She did however call for an upgrade on our modem which still has not come I'm really hoping that it will be able to fix the issue but at the same time I still feel that the issue will still continue regardless I'm running out of ideas at this point searched every tech forum and most if not all tech solutions to this problem Of course there's something that can fix this but that I do not know of I'm decent at computer savvy language but to be quite honest I need kind of a step by step solution otherwise I may end up screwing myself over by doing something wrong If any more information is required I'll be happy to provide I just want my internet disconnection free Many Thanks - Entosian

A:Please Help, Internet Randomly Disconnecting!

What is the make and the model of your machine? Have you tried updating the drivers for your wifi or NIC adapter? What anti virus program do you use?

Follow this link. DHCP Event Log Error 1014

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/please-help-internet-randomly-disconnecting-644015.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there!

I recently have come across an issue where my internet randomly disconnects, mostly while on Skype or downloading video games and cannot figure out the issue at all. It usually downloads fine for about 1 minute and then disconnects completely. 0kbps and internet drops on my computer alone.

I'm kinda new to tech forums so if you guys need any information let me know.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

Hi, I had this problem a few years ago, which was fixed by buying a new USB wireless dongle.
But if you are using wireless connection to the router, try an ethercable instead and see if the same thing happens.
Are you using a laptop? If so it could be faulty wireless 802.11 board.
If you are using a USB wireless adapter, it could that the pc is turning off the power to the USB ports to 'save power', that can be changed if required.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/
Relevancy 55.9%

Alright For the last year or so my internet randomly Internet disconnecting has Internet randomly disconnecting been randomly disconnecting for generally no more than a few seconds at a time Up until recently it s done it for a period of about an hour every five minutes or so It stopped doing Internet randomly disconnecting it completely for a couple of months at summer Internet randomly disconnecting and then started back worse than ever a month or two ago It now does it well all the time It s not my ISP a few weeks ago my internet connection was cut off for a week due to an area problem and I left my wireless router my PC is connected to it wired switched on out of curiosity The quot Sync quot light on it still blinked off for brief periods every now and again as it does during the random drops when I m actually connected to the internet Today I bought a new router however the problem is still occuring I m not given an error message when it occurs the only notification is in the online sync lights on the router going off and in er my lack of ability to access the internet when that happens So in summary it s not my ISP it s not my router and as the problem occurs to devices accessing the network wirelessly as well and the router can be used without anything connected to it wired it s not my PC What exactly could be causing the problem nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

THERE IS NO CORRECT BOARD, SO I SELECT ANYTHING. I have HP ProBook 470 G2.   I find one problem with USB3 ports.  External hard drives disconnecting and reconnecting. They work fine on PC USB3 When I connect the external hard drive to the new laptop throught USB 3.0 port, it gets randomly disconnecting and reconnecting continuously, even when I am not using it. Also happens if I connect to another usb 3.0 port. Also I have observed that If I connect the external hard drive to a USB 2.0 port instead of an USB 3.0 port all work ok, no randomly disconnection and reconnection occurs. It only happens when I connect it to an USB 3.0   Never have such problem on old HP ProBook 4540S laptop.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/USB-3-0-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/td-p/5567723
Relevancy 55.9%

I couldn't really give a good title to this thread so I'm gonna explain it here thoroughly I've been using my home WiFi to access the internet for like months from this laptop The problem that occurs is that at any random time during the day I get disconnected from WiFi disconnecting Randomly from the network Now that wouldn't present the problem unless the following occurred every time - when I try to reconnect no matter how many times Randomly disconnecting from WiFi I do I always get the 'Can't connect to this network' without any further explanation The annoying solution that I found is to restart the PC every time and it works but sometimes it's really inconvenient because I may be in a middle of some work for which I needed the internet Oh and forgot to mention when I lose the connection every other device connected to the WiFi works normally still connected to the network no problems so I am positive that it's not about the network it's about my computer I hope someone has an answer to this Thanks in advance

A:Randomly disconnecting from WiFi

"I've been using my home WiFi to access the internet for like 3 months (from this laptop}"

I think we need more information: Is the laptop yours and is it only 3 years old?
--- Is it an older laptop that doesn't have built in W-Fi?
--- Is there an additional wireless router involved?
Does the network adapter driver and/or firmware need to be updated?
Are there any recent incompatible installs/downloads recently such as an "alternate network connector"
Is there anyone else using your home Wi-Fi?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535196/randomly-disconnecting-from-wifi/
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently purchased a new desktop computer which had windows 8 pre-installed. I was somewhat enjoying it (hating everything about the changes from windows 7) and then my wifi would disconnect every few minutes. I used windows update and installed all new updates (which takes a long time with random wifi disconnects) and it still had no help. I went to the website of the wifi driver and downloaded + installed the most recent drivers. The disconnects became slightly less frequent.
My computer is an Acer AME600-EB388.

I have googled around quite a bit trying to find a solution but none would work for me. I have checked the power settings and made sure they weren't set to shut off.
Please help me.

A:Windows 8 wifi randomly disconnecting

Have you tried using a different wireless channel? The 2.4ghz frequency can be very crowded in some areas which can cause frequent disconnects unless a clear channel is used.

The Xirrus WiFi inspector is good for scanning the wireless landscape in your area so as to make an informed choice on which channel to use.

If you can post a screen shot of the Xirrus read out here I can take a look at it.
Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17831-windows-8-wifi-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I finally got my T460 today and as I'm installing my apps, the internet connection keeps randomly getting disconnected. I have to press on connect yet the signal is strong Help please

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-randomly/td-p/3327496
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone, I have a Sony Vaio and the model number is: PCG-61511M.

The problem im having is that my internet randomly disconnects and i have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in, other computers in the house don't have this problem, and it's only my laptop. Other people's laptops work fine, it's just mine.

It's really beginning to frustrate me and i'd love for some help.

Cheers

A:[SOLVED] Internet randomly disconnecting?

Are you connecting Wired or Wirelessly? try updating your network adapter from the Sony Vaio site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-internet-randomly-disconnecting-638419.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows -bit Professional Geforce GTX nvidia drivers Asus VW U inch LCD Ok so randomly my monitor just disconnects Basically I hear the hardware disconnect sound just like removing a usb key and my monitor goes disconnecting with Problem randomly monitor black and it says No signal same as what it would say if the monitor was on but computer was off Restarting the monitor doesn't fix it nor does unplugging and replugging it To fix it I usually click Problem with monitor randomly disconnecting on the sleep button on my computer and let it go to sleep Then I turn the monitor off and at the same time I turn the monitor back on and wake the computer up This usually takes or goes but it gets my monitor working again Sometimes when sleeping waking several times doesn't fix it I have to reboot And even then when the computer is booting up it doesn't always fix Problem with monitor randomly disconnecting the monitor and the monitor still says No signal So I have to reboot several times until the monitor finally gets a signal Does this say anything about what could be causing it I mean the gfx card isn't yet running before windows loads is it Problem with monitor randomly disconnecting Which means it's not the gfx card at fault Or is it Also sometimes when it's having trouble getting signal while booting up it gives the message out of range I've had this problem for ages now on multiple formats and driver versions so I'm guessing it's not software related It happens usually when I'm launching or exiting out of a full sceen game or sometimes even just randomly when I'm doing nothing just browsing web I'm guessing faulty monitor

A:Problem with monitor randomly disconnecting

Sounds like you are suffering a software problem within windows, not so much a problem with the monitor itself.

No signal is no signal, I would actually be tempted to blame the graphics card in the boot post scenario.
Is it possible you can get your hands on another dvi cable to make sure it's not a simple cable issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/151580-problem-monitor-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.47%

For the past 4 days my internet would disconnect and reconnect frequently. It would sometimes d/c for around 4 secs and sometimes for around 20. When this does happen, the lights on my router (linksys befsr41) would sort of freeze, and the lights on my modem would act as if i restarted the modem. I tried restarting the modem by unplugging it for 30 secs, same with the router. This happens randomly, while browsing the internet, playing an online game, using an instant messenger, in ventrillo.

I called Comcast and they said it has nothing to do with an outage within the area, but a technician is comming here on Friday.

im using windows xp

A:Internet disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

Sounds like the modem may be dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-randomly.812810/
Relevancy 55.47%

I started having this issue back in late August but now it's been happening more frequently. My Firefox usually works perfectly fine, but randomly, once every day or every other day, it'll suddenly disconnect from the internet and refuse to load any pages. If I'm on Facebook when it happens, the chat will get disconnected and be unable to reconnect. It isn't a problem with the internet connection, as other browsers will still be able to connect, internet programs like Skype will stay connected, and Firefox itself will work normally again after closing and reopening it.

This happens randomly so there's no way to test it, and I already scanned for malware several times and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

A:Firefox Randomly Disconnecting from the Internet.

Hi, try disabling any addons.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-randomly-disconnecting-from-the-internet-1049330.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Dell Truemobile 1300 Wireless adapter. It has been working fine but in the past month or so it has started disconnecting randomly from my wireless network and I have to unplug it from the USB port and plug it back in, in order to see the wireless network again. I read on other threads and it said to update the drivers which I did but i still have the problem. I also don't think I have the corrupted drive file thing (INFACHE or whatever its called) as all my other USB devices worked fine. Anyway, any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Wirless network randomly disconnecting

Hi penguin

Did you find Vista-compatible drivers for that adapter? The most recent official drivers that I can see from Dell are from March 2004, and of course are Win2k/XP drivers.

Decent adapters can be had for $25 when on sale, should things begin to drive you crazy, it might be worth grabbing a newer adapter. Beats uphill battles.

Other than that -- you can try

1) Download CCleaner --- http://www.download.com/CCleaner/300...-10315544.html
2) Use CCleaner's Cleaning function to clear temp files (which can be troublesome for some installers if things get piled up).
3) With the Dell TrueMobile 1300 USB adapter plugged in, go into Device Manager, and into the Network category, & uninstall it.
4) Should the device still show in the "Safely Remove Hardware" applet in the System Tray, select it, and unplug it. Also unplug it even if it doesn't show in the Safely Remove list.
5) Use CCleaner's "Issues" function to clear tangles from the Registry. Run the Issue function until CCleaner reports "no issues found".
6) If you found a Vista-qualified driver, install it, then plug in the adapter.
7) Since there's been a lot of coming and going, check in the adapter's "Properties" to make sure that it's wireless settings are correctly set. (They'll need to match your network-type - probably "Infrastructure" and not "AdHoc", and probably set to "Mixed" modes if you travel between wireless networks of 802.11a/b/g/&n types).

Best of luck
. . . Gary

P.S. ... we don't recommend the casual use of Registry Cleaners, and only recommend the tools specifically mentioned by a certified technician for a task. Many cleaners cause more trouble than they cure, and some are outright frauds or rogues. CCleaner has won awards for years, and can be used with confidence (it also has built-in "un-do" features as a fail-safe precaution).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wirless-network-randomly-disconnecting-218410.html
Relevancy 55.47%

The title says it all, the usb ports randomly freeze sometimes for some seconds, but sometimes it freezes totally and I have to switch to other ports to get the mouse and keyboard to work again, I have updated all my drivers and done virus scan with malwarebytes and it hasnt helped.
All the mouse and keyboard light stay activated, they just stop working... It started happening a few weeks ago and I don't know for what reason, freezes occur every 10 minutes or so, and the ones that won't unfreeze every once in an hour..
I'm on windows 8.1.
Thank you in advance
Paulo

A:Windows 8.1 USB ports randomly disconnecting!

If this is a laptop you will only want to do the following on the port which is shutting off as it will use power all the time that the computer is on.

Open the Device Manager and scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controller.

Right click/tap on the first USB Root Hub (there should be several), then click/tap on Properties.

Click/tap on the Power Management tab.

You will see the following option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.  Remove the check from its' box.

If this is only occurring with one port you will need to see if this resolves the problem.  If it doesn't, replace the check in the power option and try the next root hub and so forth.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580955/windows-81-usb-ports-randomly-disconnecting/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello!
I am having a problem since 1 year ago, and i tried every solution to fix this. My problem is the network connection randomly disconnect and reconnect/ or reconnect, if I restart the modem or the Wifi Router. The network isn't disconnect, if the desktop PC is off.
I tried these solutions:
-buy a new network card
-buy a new Wifi router
-ask a new modem from the ISP
-buy new UTP cables instead of all UTP cables
-i format the winchester and reinstall the windows 2 times
I have not more idea, than fix this, but this is a very angrily problem. I fight this since 1 year and nothing can help.
I'm waiting for all idea or solutions, i can try whatever!
Thank you!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting-4607308/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey,
I've got a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse (wired) which I've had for about 2 or so years. Recently, it has started randomly disconnecting and reconnecting. Some of the time, it doesn't automatically reconnect, so I have to unplug the USB connector and replug it back in.

I've tried setting my device settings to not automatically sleep to save power and I've also tried buying a new USB card for my PC, both of which did not work.

What's unusual is that the mouse seems to work on my netbook which, with the other solutions I've tried, leads me to believe it is something to do with settings on my PC rather than hardware.

Does anyone have any insight into why is this happening and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

A:Mouse Keeps Randomly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Its probably the fault of the mouse. Once it disconnects, try pushing the wire into either end of the mouse and see if it reconnects.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297576-mouse-keeps-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My computer seems to randomly disconnect I noticed it randomly from appears internet to be me disconnecting svchost.exe is more frequent if I am downloading large files at my max download speed I noticed that the program svchost exe randomly is using data at svchost.exe appears to be disconnecting me from internet randomly sometimes high rates for my plan which I think may be the source for my random disconnecting Evidence of my claim Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program svchost.exe appears to be disconnecting me from internet randomly Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x NETGEAR WNA WNA exe C Program Files x Skillbrains lightshot Lightshot exe C Program Files x Avira Launcher Avira Systray exe C Program Files x Steam bin svchost.exe appears to be disconnecting me from internet randomly steamwebhelper exe C Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe C Users JacobP AppData Roaming Spotify SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users JacobP Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Google R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com - Hotmail Outlook Skype Bing Latest News Photos amp Videos R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com - Hotmail Outlook Skype Bing Latest News Photos amp Videos R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run Razer Synapse quot C Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exe quot O - HKLM Run Wondershare Helper Compact exe C Program Files x Common Files Wondershare Wondershare Helper Compact WSHelper exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files x Logitech Video ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files x Logitech Video LogiTray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Lightshot C Program Files x Skillbrains lightshot Lightshot exe O - HKLM Run NCUpdateHelper C Program Files x NCWest NCLauncher NCUpdateHelper exe O - HKLM Run Avira SystrayStartTrigger C Program Files x Avira Launcher Avira SystrayStartTrigger exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui quot C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe quot --auto-start O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite qu... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/svchost-exe-appears-to-be-disconnecting-me-from-internet-randomly-1094650.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a problem with mapped network drives in my organization About a week ago our helpdesk started reporting calls from users saying their mapped drives said they disconnecting randomly drives network Mapped were disconnected At that time it was only a few people at another site that were Mapped network drives randomly disconnecting experiencing this This week we ve been seeing it happening at all sites The strange thing is sometimes the drive will be marked as Mapped network drives randomly disconnecting disconnected but upon clicking it it opens up Other times it says access is denied A temporary fix we ve been using is to delete all local profiles on the machines that have been experiencing this I m wondering if this is an issue with the user profiles that s somehow preventing the drives from mapping or if it s an issue with the permissions I m reluctant to think it s a permission issue since prior to a week ago all drives were mapping normally All machines are running xp pro Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:Mapped network drives randomly disconnecting

I'd check offline files and make sure that it and "offline synchronization" are disabled.

I've experienced this as well, and so far my best guess has been with the offline files feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drives-randomly-disconnecting.374529/
Relevancy 54.61%

I bought a Toshiba Canvio USB TB Black about a week ago with the intent of using it for static data storage and system backups But the only big issue I'm having with it is that it keeps randomly disconnecting while copying files and even when it's not doing anything at all I'm in the middle of copying a file and BAM disconnect even though my laptop Randomly Issue /W Canvio Disconnecting Ext. Toshiba HDD hasnt moved at all and the cable is firmly plugged into a powered port And it is extremely sensitive to even the slightest movement Examples someone bumped the leg of a table earlier today just a little bit someone else barely placed their hand on the table a few feet away from me disconnect I had an external Western Digital awhile back Issue /W Toshiba Canvio Ext. HDD Randomly Disconnecting it rarely DCed unless the cable was jarred enough to knock it loose a bit from the port Not nearly as sensitive as what I have now I've tried different cables same issue with all of them I've also ran chkdsk on the drive it checked out fine with no bad sectors etc I know that drivers are included in Windows by default and that external HDDs are typically classified as plug and play I have searched the Toshiba website no drivers available I've also tried looking for rd party alternative drivers solutions etc Windows is fully up to date And I just checked my power settings and found something called quot USB Selective Suspend quot which I'm guessing is where Windows puts a drive to sleep after it's idle for a certain period I disabled that setting so that USB devices dont quot sleep quot I'm not sure exactly what it means just an educated guess is all Right now I'm still waiting to see if the issue resurfaces just need a little advice pointers on what might be causing this A last note the drive has partition on it that fills up everything and that partition is encrypted with TrueCrypt so I have to enter my crypto password every time I connect the drive Just figured I'd mention although I doubt that's the culprit My WD drive was encrypted and never had this issue UPDATE I noticed noone has posted by now so I figured I would add a few things In addition to disabling USB Selective Suspend I also opened up Device Management and checked all my installed USB devices After reading up a bit more I found a Power Management tab in the Properties section for each device driver and noticed an entry there called quot Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power quot I disabled it in each case that it was checked Now the drive seems to disconnect less often and doesnt seem to be quite as sensitive to movement But yet it still sometimes DCs even when I havent touched my laptop the drive the cable or the table that it's sitting on And I've also noticed that sometimes the light on the drive goes off after awhile Is this normal Is it an indicator that it might be quot sleeping quot Or maybe this only happens when stuff isnt being copied moved etc I've also read some complaints with others with similar or identical issues to mine and many of them stated they had the Toshiba Canvio drives SeaGate and WD seem to have much higher ratings One post implied that the connector board inside the shell casing which is separate from the drive itself might be bad It's the piece the drive connects to on the inside of the case I also found a HD enclosure shell on Amazon Amazon com StarTech com in SuperSpeed USB SSD SATA Hard Drive Enclosure Computers amp Accessories I'm thinking that maybe if the board is faulty then I can just pop it inside the enclosure and it will work fine It checks out with excellent SMART readings and no bad sectors so now I'm convinced the issue isnt the drive itself But I can never be too sure Well thanks for any help EDIT Well it's been over a day now Noone has anything to say

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/31667-issue-w-toshiba-canvio-ext-hdd-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Recently my internet started disconnecting a ton during the day and I am really looking for a fix to this problem When my internet starts disconnecting it ll happen anywhere from every minutes to every hour The only ways I can get the internet to start working again Wired Internet Disconnecting Connection Randomly after this happens are to go into Network Connections through the control panel and then right click Local Area Connection and press repair or by restarting the computer After doing one of those things my computer will start disconnecting again soon after I m running Windows XP and have a Netgear WGT v router However I believe that my problem is not any type of hardware error because it only happens during the day and never happens to me at night at all The computer is using a wired connection but whenever the internet stops working on here Wired Internet Connection Disconnecting Randomly it will still work on all of the other computers connected to the same router I have also scanned the computer for viruses and spyware but have not found anything This problem is really bugging me so I d be very happy if anybody could help me If you need any additional information feel free to ask nbsp

A:Wired Internet Connection Disconnecting Randomly

What did you use scan the computer for pest? Also have you updated XP for patch release lately? How about the Netgear have you updated the firmware on it?

You can try to backup the router configuration to a file.
Then do a 90 second reset on it.
This would mean you keep on holding the reset button on the rear of the router with power cord attached while perform the following:

1. press and hold reset for 90 secs
2. during the first 30 secs you will unplug the power cord
3. during the second 30 secs you will plug-in back the power cord
4. during the third 30 secs at the end of that you would release and unplug the router for 15 seconds

Now try it again and see if the router works now..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-internet-connection-disconnecting-randomly.136894/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
I am having a really annoying problem with my internet connection.

Randomly, but it seems after quite a few hours, I loose all connection out of my PC. No internet, email etc. I cannot even ping my modem (connected via network, cat5). Repairing doesn't work and I have to reboot to get the connection back.
Is there anything that I can do to stop this or at least start trying to hunt the problem down.
I have Vista home premium, windows live mail, zone alarms, avg anti virus, skype and DAP installed (and more but I'm thinking these my be the main ones that could affect problem).
Any help would be great

A:Vista PC randomly disconnecting from modem, needs reboot

Are you using an on-board NIC (network connection on the motherboard) or a PCI NIC? (a network card installed into a motherboard slot)

Remove Zone Alarm and see if the problem stops

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-pc-randomly-disconnecting-from-modem-needs-reboot.97553/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello a couple of months ago my internet Insight Broadband began to randomly disconnect and reconnect and recently it has become more frequent every - minutes I connect to my internet wirelessly through a linksys router It s not my laptop because our desktop and xbox experience the same frequent disconnects and reconnects I ve tried the dns flush with no success Ive also changed the wireless channel to to prevent any interference Also our linksys router is about years old which could be the cause but i d like to elimate all other possibilities first And finally every time i click diagnose connection I receive reconnecting? Internet connection disconnecting help! and randomly the error quot Your computer appears to be correctly configred but the device or resource DNS server is not responding And just recently our internet has become very slow youtube videos taking longer to buffer with many pauses EDIT I eliminated the possibility of my router itself being at fault as when I plugged my xbox or laptop or desktop directly into the modem the same frequent disconnects and reconnects occured Here s a copy of my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright Internet connection randomly disconnecting and reconnecting? help! c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Patrick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Patrickscomputr Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF-AD- D- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R WiMAX Physical Address -D -DA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - - -B - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -B -C - -AE- D-EC-EA-DA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - B-F -FB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AD D B- - D A-AA -E C D CB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AA EE- F - E -AD - B D C Media... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I am having issues with my PC and suspect a virus might be at fault When I connect to the internet via broadband connection I can get my home page but then it goes incredibly slow and has the little hour glass thingy up for ages I ve run my virus software etc but am still having issues AVG spybot and adaware I m just wondering if you could please check out my HJT log as I m pretty sure I have a lot of rubbish on my PC am glad to get rid of anything that doesn t need to be there Thanks for looking I am running windows XP on a pentium thingy not sure what more info you might need Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe to or connecting disconnecting randomly correctly, internet not PC C WINDOWS system PC not connecting to internet correctly, or disconnecting randomly spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exe C Program Files Fast Cleaner FC exe C Documents and Settings bondandbond Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn PC not connecting to internet correctly, or disconnecting randomly com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www xtra co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link PC not connecting to internet correctly, or disconnecting randomly Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run YeppStudioAgent C Program Files Samsung SamsungMediaStudio SamsungMediaStudioAgent exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - Global Startup Image Transfer lnk C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-not-connecting-to-internet-correctly-or-disconnecting-randomly.648381/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok, first post here, just need help for this problem. I use a wireless device which connects to my Desktop downstairs, which in turn connects to the router upstairs. All wireless too. So starting about 2 months ago I've been randomly disconnecting when playing games like WoW, and CoH and losing connection on the internet as well. It can't be the router I assume since the laptop upstairs which connects to the same thing never disconnects. I have a D-Link router and a D-link gaming router which connects to the PC. Any help?

A:Computer keeps randomly disconnecting/losing internet connection

woctafu said:

I have a D-Link router and a D-link gaming router which connects to the PC.Click to expand...

Sorry, but do you have 2 routers hooked up? Or is one a misprint and you mean D-link wireless card?
How often are you disconnected? Is it at random or regular?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-randomly-disconnecting-losing-internet-connection.790681/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a 1TB external storage drive that uses its own power supply and connects to my laptop via USB 2.0 cable. For months I've had absolutely no problem out of the device, until the computer randomly decided to forget the device was plugged in. Now I'm lucky to get the device to be recognized by the computer at all, and when it is recognized, if I try to move anything to/from the device, the connection is immediately severed from the computer.

I use this device for my backup as well as holding on to things I would rather not get rid of. All my drivers are up to date, I've done all the Power Management checking and unchecking that I've read from other threads found via Google search, and still it won't work correctly for me. Any advice?

A:Self-Powered External Storage not recognized/randomly disconnecting

Providing you have done all the power options to attack the problem from the OS end of things, then you must consider that the drive itself is the problem. This seems likely since the drive has worked fine in the past.

The first suspect would be the USB cable, the connector on either end, or the port on either end.

The second suspect would be the hard drives power supply. These do go bad. If it is not supplying proper power then the drive will fail to be recognized correctly.

Try the drive on another computer. If it exhibits the same behavior there then you can narrow it down to one of the two issues above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219672-self-powered-external-storage-not-recognized-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey,
My desktop is connected to my router via cable. And it randomly gets disconnected from time to time. I've tried re-installing drivers. I get the red X on my network icon in the taskbar, which usually happens when a cable is unplugged. I fixes it self after a minute or 2, its never longer than 1 minute, usually 10-15 seconds, and it happens ever 10-15 minutes.

My wifi works fine, and I have a vonage box connected to my main router which works fine too. It's just my desktop. I've tried different ports, same problem.

I'm heading home in a few hours and I've picked up a new 5 meter cable to check with.

What else could be the problem if the new cable doesn't fix it.

My network adapter is the on baord one on the Asus Maximus Formula.

Thanks.

A:Network randomly disconnecting. Wifi works fine.

Seems to be something wrong within the cable or could be the network card within your pc? Did you try the cable on any other pc or that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/269535-network-randomly-disconnecting-wifi-works-fine.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey there I m not quite sure if this Computer disconnecting Internet + Solved: Freeze randomly is the correct section to pop this in so I m sorry Solved: Internet randomly disconnecting + Computer Freeze if it is wrong As of the past few weeks possibly long my sisters laptop has started randomly loosing connection to the internet I m honestly not sure how long it has been going on for because my sister usually forgets to tell me there is problems Anyway when quite often when it disconnects it still says it is connected to the wireless network but the laptop itself has no internet connectivity at all and no mater what is done it wont reconnect sometimes it will take multiple restarts for the internet to come back Also when the laptop is turned on sometimes the wireless wont connect instantly sometimes for up to minutes Sometimes the Solved: Internet randomly disconnecting + Computer Freeze laptop will just drop from the wireless then reconnect within a few seconds so thats really not that bad the main problem is when it looses internet and cant get it back Another problem I ve noticed is that windows will stop responding the current window is fine but you cant alt tab cant open new applications cant close application and the laptop has to be force shutdowned I fear that it could be the internet wireless card is completely dead but I hope not The laptop is currently running Windows XP w SP any other details you need please feel free to ask Another thing to throw out is that we do have a bunch of other devices on the wifi including PCs an Xbox and a PS My PC which is also on the network randomly drops quite often but it reconnects pretty quickly which I assume is just due to the router so that does account for some of the wireless issues on the laptop but not the fact the laptop seems to lose the internet and have problems getting it back nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Thanks in advance for all the help

Anyway, I've had a wireless G Belkin router for a while, and these few months, my MSN (windows live messenger) keeps randomly disconnecting, then reconnecting. It gets pretty frustrating/annoying, it even sometimees doesnt send my messages (IMs) and doesnt recieve the ones my contact sends to me. Also, sometimes when I click on a link, it sometimes wont load.

Thanks for all the help guys.

A:MSN (Windows Live Messenger) randomly disconnecting + internet browser

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-windows-live-messenger-randomly-disconnecting-internet-browser.817430/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey I searched for a solution on the forums but couldn't find anything that worked So I have an acer aspire with windows vista home premium sky wireless broadband and a netgear N wireless adapter Lately my internet keeps disconnecting and i have to reset the modem and take out and reinsert the adapter to get it back the other computer which is attached by wire works just disconnecting keeps Sky wireless fine even when i'm disconnected It usually stays stable with low connection for a Sky wireless keeps disconnecting while but would randomly disconnect every now and then very frustrating So far i've updated the drivers which had little to no effect and then i tried reinstalling it with the disc also no effect Calling Netgear is useless since my warranty is over and they put me on to some guy who trys to get off me It used to work just fine from the same location but then the computer downstairs got moved and it's been getting worse since even though i don't see how that's connected and the pc is now back where it was Anyway i'm pretty sure the issue is with the adapter any advice on what i can do to fix this could to be related to a windows update maybe

A:Sky wireless keeps disconnecting

Hi Zelaos,
Welcome to the forum. I hope we can manage to resolve your problem.

First I would ask you IS ALL your security software and drivers upto date?

What software do you have?

I would ask you to check out the Thread in this section -Very Recent 10 minutes ago entitled

'broadband signal drops out' This may help a little.

Also check out this website for your info .Wireless network adsl broadband routers for business and home networking

Then please come back to me with any questions.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287730-sky-wireless-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, yesterday i installed a D-link wireless 108G router DI-624 with a wireless network card DWL-G520 and it worked fine from around 4pm until today around 9pm without any disconnects or interruption. After 9pm today my internet started to disconnect from the wireless network every 5 minutes and I couldn't stay connected longer then 5minutes. How can I fix this problem? It baffles me that it worked fine for a day and a half and then suddenly just bug out.

Relevancy 51.17%

I live on a college campus, and my wireless connectivity is always worse than anyone else's. My connection turns to limited connection and then disconnects every 30 seconds to 5 minutes. I have an HP G60-230US that I upgraded to windows 7.

Relevancy 51.17%

tried everything to get my wireless to work but still unsuccessful.

i am using the d-link airplus G DWL-G122 Wireless USB Adapter (rev. c) with the d-link GSL-G624T router.

my internet connection stops working on my windows xp computer after about 30 seconds. The wireless connection is working fine on my brothers laptop and hardwired onto this pc but only problems with my pc. any ideas??!

currently downloading a more recent driver for usb adapter to see if that will work!

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a wireless connection that we receive from our landlord upstairs. we are living in a basement suite right now.

The connection has recently started to drop at random times. It is PISSING.

The signal strength varies from bad to very good, bust mostly fluctuates around good to very good.

I am using a D-link WUA-1340. I do not know what kind of router they use upstairs. My question is there anything I can do on my end to help out the stability of the connection? (I've tried physically moving it around already)
Should I change to a wireless card that fits inside the computer?
Thanks in advance.

A:Help with wireless disconnecting

The only thing you could do is tell you landlord to move the router closer to the room you use your computer in or set up a wireless bridge between his wireless router and the one you would need to buy.
Something like this: http://www.superwarehouse.com/D-Link~Wireless_Bridges-series.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-wireless-disconnecting.66321/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I connected a wireless router last night, and am trying to add 3 other computers with wireless cards,
The signal strength on all of them is good, and I think I've got them connected properly, but I cannot get an internet connection on any of them, and the wireless signal keeps disconnecting.
The router I used is a Netgear 802.11 g Prosafe Wireless Print Server, and I had formerly had it my business where it worked fine.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

A:Wireless keeps disconnecting

Please supply the following info, exact models of the equipment please.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows, i.e. XP-Home SP2.

Do any of these computers connect properly if you connect them with an Ethernet cable? What did you do to configure the wireless section of the router?

Let's see this one one of the machines.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keeps-disconnecting.597997/
Relevancy 51.17%

Yeah. There seems to be an issue with my wireless. Not sure why but sometimes it disconnects. I click repair and all is well. Happened 2x in one day. I ran my spyware scans and antivirus scan. Also ran CCleaner. It seemed to work fine for a few days then it happened again. What might be causing the wireless to disconnect. Show a red X over it. Is it something in the wireless settings I might have to change?

A:Wireless has be disconnecting more and more

Interference can often cause wireless disconnects. Items such as cordless phones, other wireless devices, and even electrical cords can cause interference.

Place your wireless access point in a central location that is far away from interfering items. Try changing its radio channel. Make sure you have the most current firmware for the access pointand driver for your wireless adapter.

Consider using a higher gain antenna or more powerful adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-has-be-disconnecting-more-and-more.844657/
Relevancy 51.17%

The wireless internet connection is all set up on my laptop, as well as the pc which is was connected to first.

problem is, the net works fine on the pc but the laptop connection always cuts out every 4/5 mins...it never stays on.

could this just be the rubbish networking card that came with my laptop?

A:Wireless net - keeps disconnecting

babygyalsw2 said:

could this just be the rubbish networking card that came with my laptop?Click to expand...

It could be, or you might be on the fringe of the range, such that, as soon as interference comes in (cordless phones, microwave oven, other wifis) you lose the connection.

I would walk much closer to the router and see if the problems goes away. If yes, it is range issue (cheap Gateway laptops do not have as good of a range compare to cheap Toshiba laptops). Or, at that spot, plug in the charger, and see if the problem goes away.

Also, you may want to set the performance of the laptop to high, so that there is no power reduction when you are on the battery (this is to save battery energy when not on ac).

If problem presists, then it could be IP setting.

On lapttop

Start-run type CMD press OK

type IPCONFIG /ALL

right click in command window, select all, post result here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-net-keeps-disconnecting.578223/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi
I have a belkin wireless g router and am having problems with my connection constantly dropping out. I am using an acer aspire 5735 laptop running windows vista. My room mates do not have the same problem and their connection remains steady and so does my xbox in the same room. Its driving me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, my wireless stays connected for about 5-10mins at the most then it just disconnects

Laptop Model - Dell Inspiron 1545
ISP - Virgin Media
Connection type - Wireless
Any other network equipment= None
Wireless Encryption - WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]
Windows VistaHome Premium Service Pack 1
Internet Browser - Both, But mostly Firefox
Model And Make - Netgear Wireless N Router Model WNR2000
Wireless Card - Intel(R) Wifi link 5100

Also i have tryed with it wired straight into router, and it works absolutely fine and doesnt disconnect.

Relevancy 51.17%

my linksys wrt 100 keeps disconnecting like every 5 mins

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there, i have a Acer aspire 5742 laptop using Windows 7. Recently the laptop keeps getting disconnected from the router when using wireless, nothing has changed recently at all, except for sky being put in and using the same splitter not sure if this would affect it or not? Is there anything i can do? Like change the wireless channel or something?

A:Wireless keeps disconnecting

Run this.It will show you what signals are around you and their strength.
A robust strong signal is defined as -70 and below.
Wifi test exe. Hint from Johnwill

Download and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspecto from
www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
on the problem machine. Post a screen shot of the main screen here.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button
to upload it here.

Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_...g_a_Screenshot
And any wired connections affected ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keeps-disconnecting.998240/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there. hope you're doing great.

I had this problem since the day one. when I'm in the room which the modem is, everything is fine, and I have a stable wireless connection, but when I go to another room, it keeps disconnecting and the yellow triangle appears on wireless connection icon and there is no connection, although I see it has a strong wireless connection.
The weird part is other laptops and tablets and phones doesn't have this problem with my modem, and my laptop can connect to my neighbors wireless modems just fine (obviously their modems are behind the walls and they even have weaker wireless connections :/ ).
I have Windows 7 Home Premium and my modem is Tenda.
I don't know what should i do. it's frustrating. any ideas?

thanks in advance.

A:Wireless keeps disconnecting when I go to the other room.

Wireless keeps dropping out on new laptop. Please help!
this helped me out
case closed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/333044-wireless-keeps-disconnecting-when-i-go-other-room.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My wireless connection keeps disconnecting. seems more data it sends or recieves causes it to shut off. (ie. When i downlaod IT disconnects and reconnects and repeats.)
Please help I've looked everywhere and can't figure it out or dont undersatnd the information.

I have Vista home Premium. Adapter is Linksys Wireless G wusb54gp.

Relevancy 50.31%

I just bought an HP Compaq nx9420 and I'm trying to get it connected to my Linksys wireless router. It will connect for about 30 seconds and then it will disconnect. It's running off Windows XP. I went through the Linksys add a new computer to the network site and it told me to run the program at www.Linksysfix.com/ela and when I went to download it, the program would not open. It just stopped. I ran it on my old Toshiba Sattelite and it worked fine, but it still won't open on mine. What should I do, aside from throwing this out the window, which would probably not be so nice.

Relevancy 50.31%

Before i start i have checked multiple threads on this site about my Disconnecting. Ethernet/Wireless problem but none atm have seemed to work im sorry if this topic arrises constantly but i have done a search but my problem Ethernet/Wireless Disconnecting. still presists Hi My problem has been going on roughly since i aquired the laptop but im sure that it Ethernet/Wireless Disconnecting. isn't a hardware fault as it is both the ethernet and wireless adapter having problems My ethernet will disconnect usually once Ethernet/Wireless Disconnecting. or twice a day usually an hour after the laptop has been turned on After that it won't disconnect again The wireless internet will disconnect more often and it is random as to when it will happen The disconnection happens like this Unable to browse the web using any internet browser like firefox or internet explorer Any online game i play kicks me from the server to a login screen if the game has one However the laptop still shows a stable connection to the ethernet wireless It will show the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark for a second then show a stabe connection Laptop Specs Windows -bit AMD Athlon II Dual-core M GHz GB RAM Wireless Adapter - Atheros AR Ethernet Adapter - Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller So far i have tried Updating all devices Uninstalled the devices and re-installed Unistalled Anti-virus software Disabled Firewalls Changing Channels on the router Update Router firmware Reseting the router Thanks for taking your time to read the above and thanks for any help that you can provide

A:Ethernet/Wireless Disconnecting.

This is the listing of errors in your event log (from DDS that I asked you to run)

04/08/2010 13:03:31, Error: Service Control Manager [7031] - The Apple Mobile Device service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
04/08/2010 12:52:38, Error: Service Control Manager [7026] - The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: StarOpen
04/08/2010 12:52:25, Error: atikmdag [52236] - CPLIB :: General - Invalid Parameter
04/08/2010 12:52:17, Error: Application Popup [1060] - \SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\StarOpen.SYS has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.
04/08/2010 11:58:33, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error: The dependency service or group failed to start.
04/08/2010 11:58:32, Error: Service Control Manager [7001] - The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Provider Host service which failed to start because of the following error: The dependency service or group failed to start.
04/08/2010 11:58:32, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server: {9E175B6D-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}
04/08/2010 11:58:32, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server: {7D096C5F-AC08-4F1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39}
04/08/2010 11:58:30, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server: {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}
04/08/2010 11:58:24, Error: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [10005] - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "" in order to run the server: {DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}
04/08/2010 11:58:17, Error: Service Control Manager [7026] - The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: aswSP aswTdi discache spldr StarOpen Wanarpv6

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/101947-ethernet-wireless-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My BT Home Hub wireless keeps disconnecting.

Sometimesit lasts long and it's very annoying, although its sometimes more frequent than others.

It happened right there...

It has happened since I started using wireless with it and I want to know how to fix it.

I usually change the wireless channel, but this only helps for a period of time.

Help is appreciated.

Relevancy 50.31%

Just had bband installed this weekend but have been having problems with Card Wireless Disconnecting my wireless card for my desktop Its fine when Wireless Card Disconnecting i first boot an it works for a couple of seconds then disconects or shuts down no LEDs on the card at all My little bro has the same card and same os and his works fine no disconnection Were both using a Belkin F D desktop pci card Both using XP The router is also a belkin with it settings set correctly Both cards are as is default settings no encryption Im pretty sure its the card as im using a CAT cable at themo with no problems There are only a couple of things i can think of that may be thev problem The card is damaged ive tried in different pci slots its was worse when i changed it Positioning i have a wardrobe wood right next to the pc But my bros is hidden away the bottom of the bookcase wood soargubaly mine is in a better position We are upstairs the router is downstairs Maybe a long shot but since the card loses all power no leds at all is there enough power getting to the card w psu Im at a loss any thoughts Cheers nbsp

A:Wireless Card Disconnecting

An update on the situation.

Ive swapped my card for my brothers working card, and it seemed to be fine for little while then the same thing happened. And put my card in his pc and it worked fine.

Im beggining to suspect that my PCI slots mybe knackered.

Ive tried moving the router, and my pc around but with the same effect. Im assuming that when a connection is normally lost just the link LED goes off, but as ive explained the power LED goes off aswell. Ive tried disconecting a few pc componants a couple of fans and an extra HDD to see if it was the power supply, but still the same.

Im going to see if a USB antenna might do the trick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-disconnecting.420056/
Relevancy 50.31%

While everything was fine a week ago, now my wireless card cannot seem to keep a connection to the internet. It'll only stay connected for about 5 minutes (at the most) and then it goes off and back on about 5 mins later.

My signal strength is excellent. I know that the channel is fine because my husbands laptop works just fine.

My guess is that the card is just old and worn out. Other than drop the money for a new card, is there anyway to test to see if it is in fact the card? Are there and settings that can randomlly gets switched around which could be causing this?

Relevancy 50.31%

I just can t figure it out I m using this card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E The modem is a motorala sb and the router is a netgear wnr v Every couple of minutes it will get stuck in an almost disconnect state for like seconds on wireless Constantly disconnecting Sometimes my browser games can make it and stay on but sometimes it takes too long and I end up getting disconnected On the first day there it was only like - seconds lag I have the latest drivers for it I ve tried switching channels from and I ve even locked out the router for potential bandwidth thieves or something like that I ve checked it s signal strength and it s always at around - to - dbm for each antenna which is supposedly the best it can go and always hovers at mbps with some dips to mbps every now and then I have tried resetting the router modem but nothing Constantly disconnecting on wireless works The icon for the adapter s Constantly disconnecting on wireless program doesn t turn yellow or red when the Constantly disconnecting on wireless lag dc happens The only thing blocking it s path is a door and wall There s no large metallic object like a microwave or even a phone in the way The only other thing I can think of is I forgot to remove the driver for an old dlink b adapter Does that even matter I don t see anything about conflicts in the current ones driver page EDIT I noticed the adapter wasn t fully in the pci slot I ve reseated it for now Will it come back Hopefully not I ll update the thread when it does EDIT Nope didn t seem to fix it I just got a couple seconds of lag while just browsing this forum EDIT Tried connecting with a cat e cable There is some occasional lag but not bad or long enough to disconnect me from whatever I m doing downloading A simple comparison between the wireless disconnects me within - min while I ve been on for at least an hour on wired and no disconnect so far EDIT Lagged bad enough to be disconnected at min on wired What are the chances it s the modem Unplugging it completely for a whole minute doesn t really change anything EDIT I m pinging the router using wireless right now min so far and accessing websites at the same time Whenever the connection lags stops the pinging still continues It usually jumps to ms from ms when the disconnect starts There has not been any timeouts on the cmd window when the webpage stops loading Any ideas I m starting to think it s the modem connection to comcast themselves I ve confirmed with someone else that it s not just my connection that s bad EDIT Pinging the modem gives the same result as the router So it looks like the problem is with the cable comcast nbsp

A:Constantly disconnecting on wireless

Pinging the modem gives the same result as the router. So it looks like the problem is with the cable/comcastClick to expand...

looks like it may be them

You could try and see if its a dns issue
try using google open dns

Google public DNS

Google public DNS
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Theres also a link on how to setup those DNS IP address
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constantly-disconnecting-on-wireless.1040317/
Relevancy 50.31%

Alright now disconnecting keeps Wireless internet here s the situation For the past years I ve had wired desktops with XP I have a DSL connection with a Linksys WRT G Version Wireless Router About weeks ago I bought an Everex Stepnote XT T laptop with Vista Home Premium I connect wirelessly with said laptop and my brothers use the other desktops Thing is I tend to Wireless internet keeps disconnecting get disconnected at least once and often more Wireless internet keeps disconnecting than once when I m online Half the time when I do get disconnected all computers on the network get disconnected and the other half of the time it s just me I ve tried EVERYTHING to solve the problem I ve upgraded to the latest firmware changed wireless channel to and currently at I even updated the wireless network adapter My first priority is my wireless laptop I just need to know what to do to fix the disconnection problem for the laptop first THEN after that I ll try fixing the desktops Any help on my wireless problem I m really desperate here it s really annoying especially when I m in the middle of a download Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I have Rogers high speed internet. We recently got a new modem and had to reset our wireless account. I've been having problems with my wireless disconnecting every couple of minutes since that. It reconnects itself pretty quickly but it gets frustrating while trying to stream a video for example.

I have Windows Vista and I have called Rogers about the problem but they can't seem to figure it out. The problem does not seem to be with the wireless but with my laptop since none of the other laptops in our house have the same problem. Rogers suggested I tried reinstalling my wireless drivers but I'm not quite sure how to do this or if that is even the best solution. Any help would be appreciated since I'm relatively unsure as to how to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 50.31%

Everything worked perfectly, until i installed Service Pack 2!!!! Now my wireless internet (d-link 614+) keep's disconnecting all the time!!every minute or less. What do i doo???

A:Wireless Internet Disconnecting

read.

just because there is an update doesnt mean you should update.
there are a lot of problems with sp2....and sp2+wireless...

next time, before doing any major upgrading, like a service pack, do a little research to make sure you wont run into problems, and if you do, you will know what to do.

try googling. you should get a ton of results.

google search
maybe this will help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/wireless-internet-disconnecting-17910.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I just bought a Windows 7 laptop (I still have my old XP laptop). I am now in Las Vegas and trying to connect to LaQuinta's wireless network from my room. My XP laptop has no problem and stay connected all day long. But my Windows 7 laptop has been having problems. The wireless connection kept getting disconnected every few minutes. I have called LaQuinta Tech Department and they couldn't figure out why either and kept telling me it's my laptop.

Since I am new to Windows 7 and really have no idea how to fix the issue. Could anyone please suggest a solution or workaround so my Windows 7 laptop can stay connected all day?

Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.

A:Wireless Connection Kept Disconnecting

Welcome to the forum silkphoenix, check the power settings on your adapter and uncheck the box for Allow computer to turn off this device to save power. Change main power plan to high performance and see if you get different results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256194-wireless-connection-kept-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello guys I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T problem disconnecting Wireless that I ve been using for years now and the wireless has been disconnecting quite Wireless disconnecting problem frequently lately varies from as soon as minutes to several hours each time I am almost positive that it s not my cable modem or the router that s causing the disconnecting because both my younger brothers do not get disconnected at all one uses a wired connection and the other uses wireless This started happening about a week ago when I suddenly got disconnected and when I opened up the Wireless Network Connection window it couldn t detect any wireless networks and there was a message that said something about Wireless Zero Configuration and how I need to set it back to using the Windows Wireless Network Connection So I restarted the laptop and it detected the networks and I am able to connect but the frequent disconnecting began Another thing when I get disconnected the Wireless Network Connection icon on the taskbar still appears as if I am still connected it does not have a red quot X quot on it It also seldom reconnects for me unless I wait a few minutes I have to manually disconnect myself from the network and then reconnect or right-click and repair for me to be connected again As you know it s getting pretty annoying with the frequent disconnecting and on top of that it doesn t even reconnect itself automatically Things that I have done that does not seem to be effective in resolving this issue -Ensured that IEEE X authentication is not enabled -I have removed my network from the quot Preferred Networks quot list and then reconnected to it -I am up-to-date with the Windows Update and ThinkVantage System Updates -The wireless card for my laptop is the Intel PRO Wireless abg I have installed the latest driver from here http www- ibm com pc support site wss document do lndocid MIGR- I have ran out of troubleshooting ideas It ll be greatly appreciated if anybody can help Thanks -- -I am running on Windows XP Professional SP - GB RAM GHz Genuine Intel R CPU T -D-Link WBR Rangebooster G Wireless Router -Comcast Cable High Speed Internet nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Ok so my problem is pretty weird After connecting to a wireless network after anywhere from minutes to minutes my ability to connect to the internet stops The wireless connection still shows as full strength This problem occurs at every place that I Wireless Network Disconnecting have been and used wireless Which is at least or different locations with different routers and internet suppliers This doesn't Wireless Network Disconnecting occur when using wired If I run a ipconfig all the info looks good If I do a ipconfig release and then a renew the internet access will come back but will disappear again after a small amount of Wireless Network Disconnecting time This has happened using the drivers that windows provides the drivers lenovo provides for vista and the latest drivers that intel provides for vista To clarify what I mean by the internet stops this means that when this happens pings to google com suddenly timeout And web browsing stops working But any connection that was made already for example a download will keep downloading or a mmorpg will continue to work My computer specs are in my signature and in my profile If anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it

A:Wireless Network Disconnecting

I had exactly the same problem under Vista. It is definitely a new Win7/Vista networking thing. I don't know what fixed it, although I might suggest disabling IPv6 and running the standard Vista networking stability tweaks such as disabling auto-tuning:

[OC]ModShop - Solve File Copy Problems: Tweak Vista's auto-tuning Network

I no longer experience the problem. Usually to really fix it I had to reboot with the FIRST WLAN connection I connected to being the local one, and then it was fine... but when I went somewhere else I had to reboot as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/14330-wireless-network-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 50.31%

The internet keeps disconnecting on MY computer only. Everyone else in the house has excellent connection and mine just comes and goes. It mostly disconnects when i am watching videos.

Also, every time the internet disconnects, my computer freezes and i have to ctrl+alt+del and restart it. Everytime i restart it, the internet works again until i watch another video and start all over.

What's going on here? I cannot be restarting my computer 10 times a day!

Also, when the internet goes and i terminate firefox/ie with task manager, the internet reconnects but the computer moves reeeeeally slowly. If i try to relaunch the browser, it automatically disconnects until i am forced to reboot.

HELP!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-internet-keeps-disconnecting-475327.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Toshiba Satellite M/40/M45 Laptop. We have Verizon DSL. I had my desktop connected to the Modem and my laptop linked to the Linksys Router and everthing was working fine. Verizon told me that they had a new modem with a built-in router that would run much faster. I got the unit and replaced my old set up with the new one. Since then, my laptop which is in another room about 15 feet away keep getting disconnected from the internet when browsing or when it's idle.
I've call verizon several times but they don't have a clue what the problem is. Looking in this forum. they did a diagnostic test to see if it was receiving the signal and it was. When the network is connected, it says the signal is excellent.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?
thanks in advance

A:Wireless networks keeps disconnecting

look for and remove static IP addresses from all systems.

you should have this layout
Code:
modem==router<-- desktop wired
|
+ . . . . wifi to laptop

ONLY the router should be connected to the modem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-networks-keeps-disconnecting.147058/
Relevancy 50.31%

Please help,

My computer keeps disconnecting to the wireless, however the internet connection is available and we can use playstation 3 through it.

I have pinged this, but i am not sure what it means ?

can you help me ?

Could it be heat damage and what does this mean ?

A:My Computer keeps disconnecting to the wireless

can we see an xirrus screen shot when its working fine and then another when it disconnects
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-keeps-disconnecting-to-the-wireless.1046285/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello Everyone,

Im having a problem with my Airlink101 AWLL7025 adapter, whenever i plug any other device into a usb slot it disconnects me from the internet and then reconnects to my router. I've tryed updating the driver to the adapter, chipset drivers for my MB and disabling all power saving options for usb and this device and it i just cant seem to get it to stop doing it.

I tried it on another pc i own and it doesn't do it so its definitely not the adapter itself. Im using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, mobo is Gigabyte P35-DS3r.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Usb Wireless Adapter disconnecting

Nevermind i figured it out, the Airlink101 utility was competing with windows default wireless networking manager and was causing it to go nuts whenever id remove/install a usb device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wireless-adapter-disconnecting.960920/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi

I have a HP Pavilion g6 with a RT5390 802.11 b/g/n wifiadapter version 3.2.13.0.

The problems started when my brother-in-law changed the IDand password to the connection. Sincethen even though the signal is listed as strong the wireless disconnects aboutevery 2 mins. It takes several times tomanually reconnect each time and then 2 mins later it will disconnectagain. The trouble shooter sometimessays it cannot be fixed and other times says it has fixed it, but yet again 2mins later the same thing will happen.

I have re-booted the laptop several times and also turnedthe modem on and off. Allow the compiterto turn off this device is unchecked and the roaming sensitivity is set tohighest. According to the adapter propertiesthe device is working properly.

Please con someone help? I am afraid I am not very computer savvy

thanks

A:wireless constantly disconnecting

Xirrus jpg attached. My network is Familia Guzman

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-constantly-disconnecting.1089816/
Relevancy 50.31%

Wireless Adapter: Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual-Band
Router: 2Wire HomePortal 1000HW

Problem: My wireless internet connection keeps dropping and not auto-reconnecting correctly (Have to go to the adapter's properties and disable then re-enable to get the signal to come back AND if it auto-reconnects I get a "unidentified network/No access").
My wireless adapter's drivers are up to date so I do not know why it is doing this. If I try to diagnose the problem it comes up as either "Default Gateway Not Availabe" or sometimes as "The network configuration I.P. is not valid". How do I fix this VERY annoying problem?

A:Wireless Internet Keeps Disconnecting

Please this problem is very annoying I haven't found any solutions that work. I don't have the bonjour service installed IPV6 turned off, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/88112-wireless-internet-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I just bought a new laptop and when I shut the lid or the computer goes into sleep/hibernate mode I get disconnected from my wireless, so when I open my computer back up i have to turn wireless capability back on and reconnect to the internet. I have tried changing the power options but nothing has worked. Any help please??

A:Laptop keeps disconnecting from wireless

No matter what if you close your lid and you have it set to go into sleep mode, your wireless will disconnect. When your PC is put into sleep mode it uses minimum power.

To disable your PC from going into sleep mode when the lid is closed, follow these instructions.

Click start, type in "Power Options" on the left hand side, click, "Choose what closing the lid dose"
Then go to the "When I close the lid" section, and choose what ever option best fits what you wish for it to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130603-laptop-keeps-disconnecting-wireless.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop has recently been losing internet connection. The wireless button (f12) has an orange light and pressing it does nothing. In Device Manager, only the ethernet adapter is shown, and I am able to get internet that way. However, the WAN miniports (there are many) are "hidden" and cannot be enabled. Troubleshooting only encourages me to either connect to ethernet or go to a restore point (which did not help the last time this happened a month or two ago). Everything is updated as well.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-adapters-disconnecting/td-p/5612823
Relevancy 50.31%

I got wireless internet on my laptop and I get disconnected from the internet like 10 times a day and in like 20 seconds it automaticly reconnects .

What could be the problem here ? Thx for any help .

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300-154 and for two years our wireless internet disconnects constantly sometimes for upto an hour. I have tried to diagnose and repair, system restore. The wireless connection shows up but when you try to connect it says:

Windows cannot connect to ...
Diagnose the problem
or
Conect to a different network

And when I diagnose and repair its says:
Plug a cabe into the network adapter ....
Click for information on troubleshooting ...
View other wireless networks

I have checked my provider and the wireless works continously on both mobile phones, so Im sure its the computer.

Im not very tech savvy so please help in the best way you can

Thanks

A:wireless disconnecting all the time

If this is a vista or 7 machine please run these tools as admin.

Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please Attach the log to your reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and Attach the result.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnecting-all-the-time.1062147/
Relevancy 50.31%

Recently my computer has started connecting and disconnecting from my excellent wireless connection to a linksys low connection i do not know why but it does it a lot. When I want to fix it I have to repair the connection or manually go in and click on My connection. Sometimes after I repair it it will disconnect within the next two to 10 minutes, sometimes its fine for a longer period of time.

A:Wireless Network disconnecting

a few things - has this worked OK in the past - you sort of imply its just started happening

do you have a cordless phone
do you have wireless secruity
can yu post model of router
do you have any other PC connected to router - if so details
who is ISP

Post an ipconfig /all - for when its working and when it stops - see later
also try some ping test when working so you know the result and again when stops - see later
post results of above before and after too.

download and install
Free software to check signal strength of wireless is netstumbler 0.4.0 available for download from http://www.stumbler.net/

it will show us other wireless networks in area and channel - which may interfere

ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.
NEXT lets see if you can get out onto the internet with both names and IP's - its possible the IP number you get back on the first test is different to the one I post {I'm in UK} so use the number you get instead of mine

------------------------------------------------
try ping the name and then the IP see below

start
run
cmd

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping {the default gateway ipaddress you got above }
C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping google.com
Pinging google.com [64.233.187.99] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=120ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=107ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=102ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=101ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 64.233.187.99:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 101ms, Maximum = 120ms, Average = 107ms

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping 64.233.187.991
Ping request could not find host 64.233.187.991. Please check the name and try a
gain.

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping 64.233.187.99
Pinging 64.233.187.99 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=111ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 64.233.187.99:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 111ms, Maximum = 116ms, Average = 113ms

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-disconnecting.553897/
Relevancy 50.31%

hey,
ok so, I access a wireless network via a Netgear WPN111, my problem is that it suddenly disconnects every 30 minutes. It can't be a virus, as I totally formatted the harddrive and put vista on instead of XP. What it does it just suddenly goes to limited connectivity, so I unplug and plug it back in and it works fine for another 30 minutes. It gets really annoying though, especially during big downloads or in the middle of games. So what could be my problem? I know its not the adapter, as it works fine on other computers. And I don't think its a virus as I said above I formatted and put vista on it. It's really getting awkward and annoying, I've been trying to figure it out but I guess its time I get some help on this.
Thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all I m so totally a computer n b here but I ll try my best to tell you guys what s wrong I m using a Compaq Presario SR CF Desktop PC and Linksys Dual-band Wireless-N USB Networking Adapter My operating system is Vista After installing the adapter the internet was just smooth sailing but a week ago I kept getting disconnected like every five minutes Sometimes the internet says it s connected again but when I try to use a web browser none of the pages open up I have no idea what s wrong but I did an IPConfig thing here s the report Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users FlamingCrabSpies gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name -CNX K W Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys WUSB N Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Network Adapter Physical Address - E-E -E - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a fd be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday August Lease Expires Saturday August Default and keeps off! internet Wireless disconnecting on Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Wireless internet keeps disconnecting on and off! Address - D- -B - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E E F-A C- B - C -CE FFD C br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Wireless internet keeps disconnecting on and off! Enabled Yes C Users FlamingCrabSpies gt Anyone see anything wrong with it Help much appreciated thank you lt nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a belkin f5d8236-4 n router my wireless disconnects while on my laptop watching videos or just browsing online my laptop its a lenovo v570 but my wired connection doesn't disconnect my internet provider said it could be the wireless card or interference my signal bar is 5 is there a way to fix this?

A:how do i stop wireless from disconnecting?

Use the Belkin tutorials to reset,
f5d8236-4 | Belkin USA Site
Any wifi.... drivers would be available at the Computer manufactures website under Help-support driver updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304070-how-do-i-stop-wireless-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey. I have a linksys wireless router with comcast high speed internet. On my network I have a desktop and a laptop. The laptop has an external wireless card and the desktop is plugged directly into the router. Anyway, sometimes my connection will disconnect and then reconnect and then sometimes it will disconnect and stay disconnected until I power cycle the router..

Why is it like this Im sort of a "noob" with networking and wireless stuff..

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, it seems My wireless internet keeps on disconnecting, sometimes it will reconnect back, sometimes it will not.. I tried running the diagnose but it says it can't be fixed.. and when i tried reconnecting after that, it works but sometimes still disconnect.. I have also tried uninstalling my network adapter and reinstalling it back.. Still doesn't work. At one point of time.. it just will not let me connect at all. And btw my password for my wireless is correctly, there is no mistake.. Any idea how to fix it permanetly??

A:Wireless internet keep on disconnecting

log into the router and remove the wireless security - now see if it will connect - if it does - log back into the router and try the wireless security again

Is this the only PC that disconnects - do other devices connected work OK - if so how are they connected to the router - wireless or wired

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if you have a separate modem, the make and exact model of the modem.

Please make a note of the status of the lights on the modem and on the router when working normally - post that light status here.
Now when the internet disconnects make a note of the status of the lights for the modem and router here again. also note which have changed.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
ent... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-keep-on-disconnecting.1069050/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi .Is there any tool which can fix the same ip address automatically when disconnected from wireless and connected to lan automatically in intranet network within the laptop

A:same ip address when connected to lan after disconnecting from wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/same-ip-address-when-connected-to-lan-after-disconnecting-from-wireless.754856/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have had the Cryptowall virus a few month ago I had to do a WIndows re-install because I was having problems with my Wireless drivers After the new install it was good for a while When I am online sometimes it will screen and blue Wireless disconnecting disconnect and I had to troubleshoot and reconnect it It has never happened while playing an online game but I get it a lot when browsing webpages like clothes- Wireless disconnecting and blue screen loads a lot of pictures The troubleshooter will say Default gateway not available Tonight It happened again a few times then a blue screen came up with this A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage A driver has a overrun a stack-based buffer This overrun could potentially allow a Wireless disconnecting and blue screen user to gain control over computer This has popped up a few times I am hoping to get this resolved and here is my mini-tool box info sMiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by cappatown administrator on - - at Running from C Users cappatown Downloads Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Model System Product Name Manufacturer System manufacturer Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Linksys AE Wireless Network Connection Connected NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Local Area Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name cappatown-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd or comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd or comcast net Description Linksys AE Physical Address - - E- - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address f ed a df ab Preferred Temporary IPv Address f cf cb a b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe ed a df ab Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday May PM Lease Expires Wednesday May PM Default Gateway fe beca b ff fecf e DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C-A -C - C-F - D- -AD-ED- F DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address F - D- -AD-ED- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd or comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd or comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FACFC - BC - -B - EE DA EFB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server cdns comcast net Address feed Name google com Addresses f b a e Pinging google com f b a with bytes of data Reply from f b a time ms Reply from f b a time ms Ping statistics for f b a Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server cdns comcast net Address feed Name yahoo com Addresses Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times i... Read more

A:Wireless disconnecting and blue screen

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe
After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save
The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option.
in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

Please upload your minidump files. How to compress and upload Minidump files

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575441/wireless-disconnecting-and-blue-screen/
Relevancy 49.88%

Have an issue with a HP dv2200 laptop with Vista on it. It's started to disconnect the wireless, not all the time, but intermittently. When it disconnects it goes to limited connectivity, and I can't ping the router, although it still lists a valid ipv4 address for me. When I try to repair it it won't work, and when I disconnect it doesn't see any wireless networks until I restart. It also seems to start freezing intermittently if I try to go into any of the network settings. I was able to get into them eventually and it listed the wireless card as disabled, but it wouldn't let me reenable it. Restart fixes it, but it keeps happening. Everything on the computer's been updated(bios, wireless drivers, Windows updates), but it's still doing it. Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello This has been annoying me so much and I m at a complete loss as to why it s happening or how to fix it Down there in my system tray I have my wireless network activity icon thing and it s happily flashing away with out of signal classed as quot Very Good quot apparently and then it just disconnected for no apparent reason I then 4/5 keeps Wireless signal? disconnecting despite Network, have to right click and click quot Repair quot for it to reconnect and even then that Wireless Network, keeps disconnecting despite 4/5 signal? sometimes doesn t work once it said quot Could not connect to the preffered wireless network quot and then I looked and it was happily flashing Wireless Network, keeps disconnecting despite 4/5 signal? green having connected When I View Available Wireless Networks it says there were no networks found in range yet when I click Repair and it reconnects it says the signal is very good It s very confusing and I don t know what to do it s a BT Home Hub that s sitting less then metres from my wireless network adaptor which is on a USB extension cable out of my door sitting my in hallway I used to have to click Start Run services msc find the Windows Zero Configuration service and start it every time I wanted to connect while the BT Home Hub s own wireless connection manager was running in the system tray because that for some reason couldn t find the hub in range But then I removed the BT wireless manager from the windows startup and let Windows manage it itself and I ve had no problems until now when it s started to disconnect by itself Any ideas nbsp