Windows Support Forum

Network routing question

Q: Network routing question

I m trying to design the network for a class lab environment and I m in over my head I need an isolated VLAN for each student team Each VLAN would contain identical configurations with an identical set of VMs occupying the same IP range in each VLAN But I also want each team to have access to a common subnet with a common file share shared hardware equipment Network question routing etc I thought we could insert a router probably implemented Network routing question in a VM between each VLAN and the common subnet That would let the students reach from their VLAN to the common subnet But routing back from the common Network routing question subnet to the individual VLANs would be a problem since all VLANs use the same IP range Would it be Network routing question possible to have each VLAN s router map via NAT or whatever the VLAN s IPs into a different range so the common subnet sees a different IP range for each VLAN For example common subnet is on Each VLAN is on From each VLAN you can access your own IPs at and through the router the common subnet on Now let s say the router maps VLAN X into X so from the common subnet you can reach VLAN at etc Even better if we could have one router VM with VNICs with VNIC on the common subnet and on each of the VLANs doing the kind of IP mapping described above Does that make sense Is it possible Or is there a better answer Thanks Gary nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network routing question

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 55.47%

I have a PC in my bedroom which is connected to a Belkin wireless router. Also attached to the router is a DSL modem which supplies the internet.

I want to set another router up down stairs so I can plug my Xbox 360 & a second Pc in. I?ve tried wireless but the signal is too weak for streaming videos.

Could I just plug another Belkin router into the one upstairs to link it all together or will I have to re-configure the routers in any way?

A:Question on routing

look for an Access Point or a MIMO Class Router to increase signal.
If you get an device with 11n support, make sure it also supports 11g and then
setup to force G-ONLY mode.

Lot's of issues with 11n devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-routing.123010/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi!
I have two IP Addresses in my Windows Machine for a single NIC.

1st IP Address     192.168.1.2
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

2nd IP Address     192.168.2.2
Default Gateway:  None

There is a firewall on 192.168.2.0 network with IP Address 192.168.2.1. I am able to connect to the firewall from my pc 192.168.2.2 but I also need to connect to a network 10.10.1.0 which is on the wan side of 192.168.2.1 connected through vpn
tunnel. I have added this network in my vpn tunnel allowed networks and also added a route in my windows machine by entering the below command:
"route add 10.10.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.2".
But is does not work and I am getting:
Reply from 192.168.2.2: Destination host unreachable

Any Suggestions?
Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/502c8c80-f6a8-4fcc-9adf-fb6464955d90/routing-question?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

i am running Win7 on a laptop and need to connect to 2 networks.

For internet access, I have a Vodafone 3G dongle (I am in Spain) but I also want to connect to a wireless network (which has no internet access) to access a wifi printer.

When I first connected to both at the same time, my internet access stopped working as soon as I connected to wifi. I don't really want to hassle of having to enable/disable wifi each time I want to print...

Is there a way of routing all internet traffic through the 3G network and all local traffic (just the printer and the wifi router) through my wifi network?

thanks in advance...

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to achieve the following and if so how to do it?

We have a corporate network which host a private extranet. At present external users access the extranet via a public url e.g. www.ext.domain.com and users inside the network access the extranet via an internal hostname e.g. http://extranet/site

Is it possible to enable internal users to access the extranet via the external url? When I attempt this all internal users get our router login page.

I understand why this happens but not sure if it can be fixed. Reason I am looking at this is because some people are really thick and do not understand why internally the link is different lol.

Appreciate any help

Many Thanks

A:Solved: Routing Question

You should be able to modify the hosts file to acheive that.

I would guess you can group modify with a policy edit...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-routing-question.965822/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I was currently assigned by my work to set up a small server so they are able to backup their files in one central location I am using a simple IBM computer that will be fitted with an external hard drive that will act as storage for their back up files The Business Question Routing Small ISP we are using is provided by the schools we are in an external building that the school owns Networking between the Small Business Routing Question computers have not been the issue so far There is a rather large network box located on the other side of the building away from the offices and distributes wires to several locations One wire in particular is connected to a port hub and distributed between computers I had to redirect an existing wire from another location to feed another computer along with the Small Business Routing Question server Computer used to be placed on a desk by the front door where the old network jack used to be placed But because of issues with staff accessing the computers other than work related e-mail goofing off etc I opted to have the computer moved to the office so it may be under some sort of supervision from the Assistant Director So I had to relocate the old box to a new location I had no way of running another wire from the hub over the walls to the other side of the room where See Diagram the new box is located I made a diagram to get a better understanding Temp Swap When I first started out I unhooked Computer from the network cable and the station temporarily and hooked up the Server to install everything I needed monitor keyboard mouse etc This is because the server will be running without a monitor keyboard and mouse I will be accessing the server remotely through a VPN After having unsuccessful attempts with Linux Ubuntu I ll do it again on my own time to learn more about Linux and networking I decided just to stick with a fresh install of Windows XP Professional Maybe I ll convince them in getting Windows Server whatever works I set up a static ip of the server at The hub s gateway was by default the subnet mask at and the default gateway and DNS at After setting these up I was able to get a secure ping from Computer and From then on I set up the back up drive and made sure all of the computers were able to access the server After completing all of these steps I unhooked the Server and reconnected Computer back to its station Then I moved the Server on top of a tall filing cabinet so no children can mess with it kids often walk in the office When I wired the new box it had a dual ethernet jack I proceeded in plugging wire from Computer and wire from the Server to the dual jacks The dual jacks were fed by wire from the Network box I soon learned that I could not do that because of conflicts After finding this out I decided to recycle an old WAN Linksys BEFSR router I had at my house and use this as a hub After hooking up Computer and the Server to the router I was able to ping each other and access the server remotely via VPN Because the router was at a default ip of I had to change it accordingly which is now I also changed the static ips for both Computer and Server to their respected numbers However I ran into a problem The other computers cannot ping Computer and the Server I am however able to ping the router I turned off DHCP and turned off the Block Filter option I also port forwarded ports for RealVNC - VPN and but was still unable to ping or access the Server and Computer The firewalls were also turned off and the Enable Remote Desktop was enabled as well What am I missing here I cannot access the Network box because it is locked from IT We have contacted them but we haven t gotten a word from them The other route is that I have to make a custom cable and plug it in from the first hub and run it along the walls to the other side of the room but that would be pretty pricey we are a non-for profit organization I did not want to run a wire on the ground and tape it will look tacky unpro... Read more

A:Small Business Routing Question

Anyone?

This is the second forum that didn't respond. I'm sure someone out there can figure this out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/small-business-routing-question.939501/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am on windows Professional Edition My PC has x Network cards which are connected to two different routers One of the interface which is Gbps is connected to router which does not has internet connectivity and other connected to Mbps interface has an internet connectivity When both networks are up and running I am unable to access internet To access internet I need to disable the Gbps interface and thus facing a lot of issues I read many articles where the routing information has been recommended to be updated Can some one help me with routing information and a permanent solution to get rid of this issue Also both interface get their IP from DHCP interfaces network for Routing 2 Help Servers running on Routers This means the IP can change any Routing Help for 2 network interfaces time as well HTML Code Currently Interface has IP address No Internet Access Currently Interface Routing Help for 2 network interfaces has IP address With Internet Access Someone please help me with routing command The one that I know as of now is Code route delete -p But this command has to be executed each time windows restart and if there is a change in IP address the command has Routing Help for 2 network interfaces to be modified for that as well

A:Routing Help for 2 network interfaces

There is no reason to connect to 2 routers.

You should only be using 1 network card, the Gb card.

Make sure it`s enabled and disable the other through device manager, if you get not internet connection just run the troubleshooter.

Post a shot of device manager with the network adapter expanded.

Example:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358117-routing-help-2-network-interfaces.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone!
I recently started using a VPN. However some websites block VPN ips so I can't visit them.
To solve this problem I would like to add the blocked website's IP to my route table.
It works fine on my other laptops but on my PC it doesn't seem to function. I ran the following command as an administrator in my cmd. Got the OK! feedback message but I still get blocked from visiting the website when on a VPN.

Code:
Route add [website IP] [Default Gateway]

At the bottom of this screenshot :

you can see that the IP is indeed added to the list but sadly it doesn't function. I have been suggested to reinstall my Windows 10 but was wondering if there aren't any other solutions to this problem.
Thanks in advance!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/52988-network-routing-tables.html
Relevancy 53.75%

At work I have managed to get hold of a test server to play with a GL P The server is running Windows Server bit and I will be using VM Ware to complicated wan to lan question server/exchange/routing lan server to run virtual servers running Exchange as well as BES sharepoint My first task is to Run Exchange and Blackberry Enterprise server and get real devices running on a real domain The problem I have is network access The only access network wise is via a USB adapter connected to a wireless network which is firewalled back out to the internet I can get out fine but there is no rules or NAT to allow port forwarding At this point getting direct external access to the server is not possible This means that running exchange is a no go at the moment as there is no way to route SMTP traffic from the WAN to the box that will be running exchange complicated lan to wan to lan server/exchange/routing question However I do have unrestricted access to an internet connection from home complicated lan to wan to lan server/exchange/routing question I was thinking of somehow tunneling through the internet to my home network using some form of VPN solution Then using the internet connection from home to collect SMTP traffic I could register a domain and point the MX records at my home connections IP Router port forwards to the internal IP which would be the server connected via VPN Is what I m trying to do even possible If so how would I go about it Thanks Chris nbsp

A:complicated lan to wan to lan server/exchange/routing question

There may be an answer to your question, BUT..
Since this is at WORK we really cannot help you bypass any security that is set up. You need to talk to your company's IT people.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/complicated-lan-to-wan-to-lan-server-exchange-routing-question.886321/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I have a slight problem with routing on my main machine it won t allow me to use certain apps on the internet for example Thunderbird No one else is experiencing this Win mulitple routing issues NIC's - XP network problem either so router is fine Some Background Info OS Win XP Pro x Netgear Mb Connects to router gt Internet x Realtek Gbut Crossover Win XP network routing issues - mulitple NIC's cable to server Now this has only just started happening recently I can browse the net Firefox I Win XP network routing issues - mulitple NIC's can ping bbc co uk I cannot use Thunderbird setup using direct connection no proxy I cannot use any other app that requires the internet i e Trillian Skype Here is the command ipconfig all output PHP span style color span style color BB C span span style color span span style color BB Documents nbsp span span style color and nbsp span span style color BB Settings span span style color span span style color BB Microsoft span span style color gt span span style color BB ipconfig nbsp span span style color span span style color BB all br br Windows nbsp IP nbsp Configuration br br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Host nbsp Name nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB winxp span span style color - span span style color BB pro br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Primary nbsp Dns nbsp Suffix nbsp nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Node nbsp Type nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Unknown br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IP nbsp Routing nbsp Enabled span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB No br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WINS nbsp Proxy nbsp Enabled span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB No br br Ethernet nbsp adapter nbsp Netgear nbsp MB nbsp Internet span span style color br br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Connection span span style color - span span style color BB specific nbsp DNS nbsp Suffix nbsp nbsp span span style color nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Description nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB National nbsp Semiconductor nbsp DP span span style color - span span style color BB Based br nbsp PCI nbsp Fast nbsp Ethernet nbsp Adapter br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Physical nbsp Address span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dhcp nbsp Enabled span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB No br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IP nbsp Address span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Subnet nbsp Mask nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color Default nbsp span span style color BB Gateway nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DNS nbsp Servers nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp... Read more

A:Win XP network routing issues - mulitple NIC's

I saw your last sentence, but still have to say that it sounds a lot like a firewall (internet security). So, my suggestion is to look again. A HijackThis log can help find a firewall: http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download

Does your router have any "security" or "firewall" features that could cause this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-network-routing-issues-mulitple-nics.654120/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I have some difficulties managing routes for my network cards I have network cards cards problem with 2 Routing network one I use for internet the other for multicast Apparently the current behaviour is that Windows chooses the first card he founds for multicast and that will be the internet one So my cards are configured like this internet IP mask gateway this is my router dns multicast IP mask gateway empty dns empty The quot route print quot command shows this Code On-link On-link and interface number for Routing problem with 2 network cards internet card is and for the multicast one By Routing problem with 2 network cards doing a simple quot route delete if quot I have the behaviour I want Both internet and multicast The problem is that this route comes back after reboot I tried adding this route Code route add mask metric if -p But after a reboot the quot route print quot command shows this Code On-link On-link My question is how can I get rid of this route in red that keeps coming back And why didn't the added route replace it Thanks for your help PS Every route command has been executed in an elevated command prompt

A:Routing problem with 2 network cards

It might help to list those routes in the advanced TCP/IP settings window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114779-routing-problem-2-network-cards.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a PC set up in a bedroom with a shared drive on it Containing pdfs of D amp D Books and every week I unplug a PC from my living room and plug in a switch so that guests may plug their laptops into the switch and access the shared drive And thus access the library of books Last night no matter what I tried I could not get the laptops to see the shared drive on the network It would say the network path could not be network Internet but no sharing? Routing found except everyone still could access internet The PC in the bedroom is running WinXP Pro SP with no Windows Firewall and Norton Internet Security set up to allow incoming requests from the same network IP The bedroom computer is plugged directly into an ActionTec GT -WG DSL Modem -port Router with Wireless Port three on that modem Router combo is a ft length of CAT e Cable running into the switch in the living room a SMC EZ HUB Model DS All the computers and Laptops attempting to Internet Routing but no network sharing? connect to the network via the EZHUB are running WinXP Pro with SP and their firewalls turned off As they either have other security or do not access the internet except for that night at my house Previously I was using a Westell DSL Modem that plugged into a Linksys RTP VoIP Router and the switch would plug into a port on that router but with the new Actiontec modem router combo nothing plugged into the Linksys router Except for an XBox strangely can get internet So Internet Routing but no network sharing? the EZHub must plug into the ActionTec Since all computers can access internet in the living room I must assume that none of my cables routers or network interface ports are damaged So why do I still get a quot Network path could not be found quot nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I was wondering how one would go about routing all of their network traffic through a proxy server not just http traffic. Thanks a lot for any and all help!

-Faktor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routing-all-network-traffic-through-a-proxy-server.45092/
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently started using a gigabit switch alongside my TP-Link router.

My room is setup like a LAN area, with a desk long enough for 4 pc's, so I have 4 cables running from the switch to the computers.

My router is providing DHCP and has a PS3 and VOIP phone plugged up to it.

Is there anything blaring that would cause the machines not to transfer files at gigabit speeds? Currently they transfer at 10-12mbps, which is normal for a 10/100 connection.

Anything I'm missing?

I can get into a lot of detail, but I need to know what needs to be told.

A:Home Network Routing - Using a Switch for file transfers?

Weakest link in the chain prevails.

Code:

ISP=Router--switch-- PC{1+}
|
+--- other device(s)

Consider just devices attached to the router, the slowest Nic {wired or wifi} will control the bandwidth to the device. A PC with a 10/100 adapter dominate data to/from it regardless of the GB Switch. If PC.a and PC.b (both with GB adapters and attached to the switch) copy 'twix each other, you may get much better performance.

Data to/from other devices (attached to the router) will be dominated by the Router LAN port speeds or the devices themselves.

99% of us get no benefit whatsoever from GB routers or Switches as all devices need GB ratings :sigh:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-routing-using-a-switch-for-file-transfers.192722/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using the Windows Client VPN connection terminating to a Firewall.

The issue is that my home network is 192.168.1.x/24 and one of the servers I am trying to RDP into once connected to the Client VPN session is on 192.168.1.1. The VPN connection isnt overriding my home network routing in Windows so a ping, trace, and specifically RDP is trying to hit a home network device which is on 192.168.1.1 instead of the server across the established VPN.

In the VPN properties "Use default gateway on remote network" is checked in IPV4 Settings BTW.

I just need a full tunnel which overrides my local network

Thoughts?

A:Windows Client VPN connection isnt overriding my home network routing

change the IP range of your home network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365169-windows-client-vpn-connection-isnt-overriding-my-home-network-routing.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Let me start off by saying that I am not a IT specialist but I consider myself pretty knowledgable I live in a co-op apartment with about a dozen or so tenants some who I not know but we all share the same isp provider we re all connected through single router I am the designated net admin Due to a previous occurance in which our network was compromised and our service was shut off someone downloaded illegal material said computer activity Network network question security suspicious was turned into a bot because of which said material I took it upon myself with Network security question suspicious network activity the landlords approval to block all known file sharing p p applications and their relative ports Normal non file sharing activity was not affected Recently few new tenants moved in and I noticed a decrease in the networks overall throughput The filters that I have setup are functioning and the routers log indicates that a user is trying to connect to something Each time its blocked it the user switches ports ranging from the low s up to The routers logs only go up to pages each page logging events and those pages get filled up within a minute Within those logs are intermittent out of ever or so indications of torrent use ports - I am aware that most torrent applications now will use a varying array of ports I just want to confirm that what this user is doing is probably ffilesharing and not anything else It is because everying in the apartment is connected through single IP address that I am wary of this I don t have strong feeling for or against filesharing but I don t want the entire co-op to get into legal troubles because of just person Comments are most welcome nbsp

A:Network security question suspicious network activity

Yep, that sounds like P2P.

What kind of a router is it? If it's Cisco, may be able to drop with NBAR.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-security-question-suspicious-network-activity.550241/
Relevancy 39.56%

I just wanted to know if I could do the following with no problem or if you cannot do it this way There is a windows computer upstairs with DSL There is a Just Question a I Solved: use can hub it- with a question if Network modem--then a router---the windows Solved: Network Question if I can use a hub with it- Just a question computer I think he has the windows computer upstairs hooked into the router and then another line in the router running downstairs to a windows XP SP computer they both work fine Here is my question He wants to add a third computer downstairs so can it be like THe modem then router then the windows computer upstairs hooked into the router Now is it possible to then plug like a four port hub into the router and have the line running downstairs and then take the windows xp that is already down there and plug it into the hub and then the new computer plug it into the hub and they would all have the dsl just like the two of them do now I guess I am asking can you plug the one compute upstairs into the router and then run a cable downstairs into a hub and plug the other two computers into the hub and they will all get DSL or do you have to plug the upstairs computer into the router like now and then plug two morre lines into the router and run them both downstairs and run one to each computer And as long as everything is going throught the router no matter which way it is done do you have to run anything special to get the DSL on all Some step by step instructions would be nice but I really want to know if the hub thing will work the way I am describing it Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Network Question if I can use a hub with it- Just a question

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-question-if-i-can-use-a-hub-with-it-just-a-question.438055/
Relevancy 37.41%

After multiple scans with different anti virus software I am unable to get rid of the routing.exe among others.

A:Routing.exe

Hello Kevjstewart and welcome to BleepingComputer,1. * Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tabUnder Browsing History, click Delete. Click Delete Files, Delete cookies and Delete historyClick Close below.* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):Go to Tools > Options.Click Privacy in the menu..Click the Clear now button below.. A new window will popup what to clear.Select all and click the Clear button again.Click OK to close the Options window* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.Press OK to remove them.2. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or HereDoubleclick mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.3. Restart your computer.4. Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixPlease ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first (not for Windows Vista users !).The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode, in case your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. This allows us to help you. (WinXP SP3 users, please download the appropriate SP2 file, Home or Pro, to install the RC)In the event you already have Combofix, delete your current version and download the latest version as described in the tutorial.It must be saved directly to your desktop.Note: Make sure not to click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze.Please post the log from ComboFix (can also be found as C:\ComboFix.txt) in your next reply. If you have any questions along the way, STOP and ask them before proceeding !!Greetings,Thunder

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/161640/routingexe/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys I need some help with routing Static route on router A dest next hop Static route on router B dest next hop DHCP server on router A assigns into with gateway DHCP server on router B assigns into with gateway I want to communicate with Routing help hosts in from hosts in and vice-versa Will this work Is there any configuration needed on Router C This layout is needed because some hosts on the network would use the in apartment as a gateway and others in apartment as a gateway This way each router can have its Routing help own DHCP server set up and depending on where I plug in on the network i get the correct IPs from the corresponding Routing help DHCP As there is a router inbetween this will be separate broadcast domains but communication between the subnets should be still possible through Router C I just dont know what configuration Router C needs to have if any Thanks tom nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi Routing WAN LAN / Would really appreciate assistance with routing between three lan segments This has me knakkered Lan A with RIP routers on segment Lan B with RIP routers on segment ADSL Router with NAT and LAN / WAN Routing firewalling and Wireless Lan A has a Windows Server setup with RRAS doing lan routing between and IP and IP Lan B has a Windows Server setup with RRAS doing lan routing between and IP and Lan A can ping right into Lan B with good responses Lan B can t ping into Lan B Yet ONLY the server can ping some devices NOT ALL With pathping traceroute or ping from behind the LAN B server all ICMP replies simply terminate at the LAN A server RIP and OSPF is used on both servers When RRAS is enabled on LAN A all machines and sub branches can communicate right through to the I-Net and in between Yet the moment LAN B s RRAS server is enabled RIP kankkers up Equally if this action is reversed between the Lan s For some unknown reason to me either of the servers create a or route entry on their near site adapters and RIP replicated this entry to all the other routers Any advice on how to sort this irritating issue will be greatly appreciated Thanks StormRage nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

How do you enable IP Routing...

Relevancy 37.41%
Q: Routing

When a packet crosses a router, what happens to the packet's TTL?

A:Routing

It get reduced by one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing.927595/
Relevancy 37.41%

hey all! this is my first post to this awesome site! WOOHOO! my question is this, what is the easiest way to reroute an ip address so it looks like it's coming from somewhere else (world wise.) I promise nothing illegal goins on. You just hear about it all the time when someone is somewhere and it shows there actually somwehre else? (that wasn't confusing was it?) i was just curious. THANKS!

A:ip routing

Hi and welcome. Doesn't matter whether you think it's legal or not. We can't and won't help with that. Closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-routing.680604/
Relevancy 37.41%

Oh I m so tired of this Routing, ??? DNS, configuration Both sites are running SBS servers Main site is running SBS back office on the active directory box Main site - IP addressing scheme is xx Gateway IP is DNS, Routing, ??? x nd site IP addressnig scheme is - xx Gateway IP is x I setup a Win K server at the nd site Initially was setup at the main site and I joined the domain Now I ve taken the machine to the nd site and cant see objects in Active Directory which is on a machine xx at the main site If I go into Windows Explorer and do a search for that server at the main site and put it s IP address in it returns the domain name and I can drill down the directory listing on it Why can t I see computer names and shares I can do a NSLOOKUP on the full server domainname and it see s it and returns the IP address of that box as well Any ideas on what I should look for Uggggg nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Am i right in thinking that when you route wirless internet that if one of the pcs is directly linked to the net and router it has the strongest connection?

A:New to routing

Yes, of course, cable is a lot stronger than thin air

I suppose you mean that a computer wired to a wireless router will have a better/faster connection than the wireless clients.. Yes, ethernet in general is a lot faster and more reliable than any wireless connection.

And no, this has nothing to do with routing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-routing.66254/
Relevancy 37.41%

This Keeps Comming back and is driving me crazy... Someone please help..

Here is my avenger log:

Beginning to process script file:

Rootkit scan active.
No rootkits found!

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\routing.exe" deleted successfully.

Error: file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ndt2.sys" not found!
Deletion of file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ndt2.sys" failed!
--> the object does not exist

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfs.exe" deleted successfully.
File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\andt.sys" deleted successfully.

Completed script processing.

Finished! Terminate.

A:Please Help With This routing.exe

Welcome to TSF.

Download Malwarebytes ' Anti-Malware at http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe or http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...are_d5756.html Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform Full Scan, then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart (see Extra Note below).
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy & paste the entire report into your next reply.

Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix and follow the instructions on how to install the Recovery Console and run ComboFix. Go through all the steps until posting the log part. Post the combofix log here.

Download HijackThis at http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/HijackThis.exe Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double-click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose Do a system scan and save a logfile.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file here. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/please-help-with-this-routing-exe-243470.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I access my work via a VPN using a 3rd part product (Nortel Contivity). Unfortuneately, this product stops access to the local network by routing all traffic via the vpn connection.

Is there a way to add a route so all local traffic is dealt with by the local IP rather than the VPN.
Local subnet is 10.0.0.7 subnet 255.0.0.0 G/W 10.0.0.2

VPN 131.x.x.x 255.255.248.0
Tried adding a route

ROUTE ADD 10.0.0.0 subnet 255.0.0.0 10.0.0.7
ROUTE ADD 10.0.0.0 subnet 255.0.0.0 10.0.0.2

But fails.

When the VPN is active I can not ping 10.0.0.2 as the traffic is routed to the VPN.
Many thanks in advance.

Myles

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-routing-under-xp-pro.282950/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys i'm not sure whether anyone knows anything abou this but i'll give it a shot.

I have a Cisco 3845 router and a 4255 IPS behind it the i run one cisco Catylist 2960 switch behind the IPS with 2 servers connected to that switch.

Now what i want to do is assign a public to each of these servers like you get with a dedicated server that you rent. For example on a dedicated Windows server you go into the netwrok properties and the adaptor address is the public IP of your server that is what i am wanting to do. Mu servers are Windows Server 2003.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Relevancy 37.41%

Excuse me if this isn't in the right section, its kind of a mix between gaming and networking, anyway.

Recently I've been pinging horrible to a bunch of game servers and I think it has something to do with my isp's routing. I currently reside in Arizona and am seeing pings of 90-140 in Chicago servers. This has never happen to me before and I use to only ping about 60-70. Its not just Chicago but other servers, is there any way to fix this or would I need to switch isp. I don't know much about this, so if there's anything else I may need to include just post and I'll try my best to acquire the info for you. Also, I did search but found nothing.

A:cox routing

Pick a typical game server and do a tracert to it, post the results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cox-routing.936484/
Relevancy 37.41%

I will try to be succinct I am trying to attach a Synology NAS single drive to my home network Home network Lan Modem Router serving ports downstairs old Netgear DG - OK Port Printer Port Main PC Port Upstairs RJ jack Port Synology SparePC Wireless Modem Router Wireless upstairs Linksys - OK Serving with IP Help Routing Laptop and PCs upstairs I ve setup the Synology manually using Port Forwarding on Lan Router and can access it remotely using a DDNS service Help with IP Routing provided by Synology I can login to NAS on port and use installed apps that use ports which I have forwarded However Help with IP Routing when I switch on the NAS all devices connected to the wireless router get DNS resolution failure but are connected to the router OK and have been assigned private network address within the range I have fixed in wireless router Normally the wireless router gets its ip from the LAN router downstairs for connection and leases ip to wireless devices in the normal way and this works More by luck than judgment coz I haven t a clue about ip routing To accommodate the NAS on the downstairs local network I ve tried to disable DHCP in the Wireless router and configure the wireless devices to work with ip s configured manually in the wireless router - without any success Probably becoz I don t really know what I m doing Can anyone suggest how I should configure the wireless router and their devices to operate while the NAS also connected to stop the NAS setup from causing DNS look up failure on the wireless network nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I hope someone can shed some light on a little setup that I want to do So basically in my bedroom I have a TV Set top box which has a web interface which you can control it from The reciever is connected to the internet via ICS on a laptop that is wirelessly connected to the router My iphone Connects to the router I basically want to be able to use the web interface on the set top box but from my iphone As it is the router cannot see the set top box and so does not assign any IP address to it as the ICS takes care of that I am not sure on how ICS works I d imagine though I would be able to use the IP address of the computer and then on the computer put software which port forwarded to the set top box on port The ideal setup would be if somehow I was able to make the router see the set top box I am not to sure on how routing works I have read up about something called static routing but my basic implementation Routing ICS & on the router via telent has proved fruitless Any Ideas nbsp

A:ICS & Routing

I have no ideas on port forwarding through ICS nor on routing. Disable ICS, make sure the ethernet connection has reverted to dynamic (or set it to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto') and then bridge (in Network Connections) the wireless and ethernet connections. Unless your router has a certain bug your TV will now be on the same network as the router and iPhone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ics-routing.1080686/
Relevancy 36.98%

here is the state of my problem as of PM jan This is with a shared wireless internet connection I get internet on my routing router and laptop but not Also i spoke to xbox support they directed me to supervisor and he said router and routing he couldnt help me also i go directed to microsoft and then to HP and they couldnt help me Basically i spent over hrs try to get phone support and nobdy could help me One guy did have a solution that worked for a little He told me to restart laptop and then before using ans internet using services on my laptop to connect first im guessing to get IP address firstm before laptop not that that method was great to begin with it stop working anyway Also i thought there was a better solution than restart computer every hour and race to get on first and then get crappy live But that solution stopped working anyway The xbox live test fails at IP everytime due to invalid default gateway I tried my laptops IP address and ive tried the default gateway i was getting wen i ipconfiged my wireless connection I figured out it was an IP adress conflict between the host computer and my xbox Then its was a lease problem but now it is a def gateway problem I cannot get a valid default gateway Im not quit sure how to use my router to solve this Ok basically this is my setup of my house downstairs we have numerous modems and wireless linksys routers because we have different internets I only use one But in my room upstairs i have my laptop and my xbox and a router it is wireless but i cant set it to act as a bridge So right now im not quite sure which default gateway to use i had manually setup my local connection and the s IP settings Also i tried putting my computer IP adress as the default gateway because wen i use ICS my computer would be acting a router so maybe it wanted my comp to be default gateway so if i could jus get some tips or help with this problem and some advice on what setting to set to what that would be great also here is some info u might need Interface List f c c Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network a d d Broadcom a b g WLAN ca ae e NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Software Loopback Interface e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e isatap A - EB- F -B C-D FB F AA e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft to Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes Network Address Netmask Gateway Address Metric Default IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link On-link On-link e a b f d f fe b On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe efe On-link fe efe On-link fe b f d f fe b On-link fe e eb f On-link ff On-link ff On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None C Users sockerdudex gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name sockerdudex-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -F - C- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom a b g WLAN Physical Address - -A -D - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e eb f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - -CA-AE- E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel ada... Read more

Relevancy 36.98%

Can you setup IP Routing with a Dynamic IP ?

A:IP Routing with DynamicIP ?

That happens when you connect through Wifi or Ethernet automatically.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65328-ip-routing-dynamicip.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a high NAT routing answer on Need speed connection through my ISP it is wireless using towers that the ISP has set up They use NAT routing for the wireless customers I have tried to set up VNC on my computers here at home which work through our home router but I was never able to get it to work There is a fixed IP for the wireless network a regular IP address And we have a fixed NAT address for our account And of course I can assign fixed IP Need answer on NAT routing address for each computer on the local network And of course I can use a dynamic DNS server like no-IP com to route the Internet traffic to our computers The problem is I don t know Need answer on NAT routing how to do all this stuff I know some basics about networking but nothing this complicated What I need to know is is it even possible to somehow make VNC or setting up a server on one of my computers or whatever work in a mess like this Is there some program I can download from somewhere which would make this possible Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am in totally over my head on this situation Thanks nbsp

A:Need answer on NAT routing

If you're behind NAT with your ISP, you'll need a public IP.

Go to Start -> Run -> cmd.

Type: tracert google.com

Post the results here. Give it a minute to complete

If you can install software on your work PC, you could use Hamachi, which supports secure VPN tunneling through NATs. If you can't install software on your work PC, I believe both LogMeIn or GoToMyPC have applications that allow you to access your home computer via a web application and that can punch through NATs. IIRC, Hamachi is free and LogMeIn or GoToMyPC is not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-answer-on-nat-routing.769624/
Relevancy 36.98%

I was running a NOD scan in which they were detected and removed once I rebooted however they showed up again From the searching I've done I'm pretty sure this is a trojan most likely for botnets etc How do I remove it HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim rid perfs.exe, - of how get them? do I routing.exe exe C Program Files Eraser eraser exe C perfs.exe, routing.exe - how do I get rid of them? Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Comodo CBOClean BOCORE exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C Program Files perfs.exe, routing.exe - how do I get rid of them? Symantec Norton Ghost Agent PQV iSvc exe C Program Files ActiveState Perl Dev Kit bin pdkdebug exe C WINDOWS system perfs exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA perfs.exe, routing.exe - how do I get rid of them? exe C WINDOWS system routing exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKLM Run MP EnsureFileVer C WINDOWS inf unregmp exe EnsureFileVersions O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime Alternative QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Eraser C Program Files Eraser eraser exe -hide O - Startup Last fm Helper lnk C Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE ... Read more

A:perfs.exe, routing.exe - how do I get rid of them?

Hello and Welcome. Apologies for any delay in replying, but we have been rather busy lately.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Looks like ComboFix got rid of most of the issues.

I need more information before continuing, please. If you still require assistance with your issue, and since it has been a few days since you first posted, please do this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are using an outdated version of HijackThis. Please uninstall from Add/Remove programs, and delete your current version.

Next, download HijackThis to your desktop

Alternate link

Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis

Upon install, HijackThis should open for you.

When it does, just close it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here.
Please attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.

What DSS will do: create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/perfs-exe-routing-exe-how-do-i-get-rid-of-them-209046.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey
This is the situation:
I have a USB ADSL modem going to my computer, with ADSL working fine.
My friend has his computer here, and we want to share the internet connection (so we can both surf etc.)
We have a router, and cables. We have set the IP addresses (we can ping each other), and made sure we are in the same workgroup.
We are both running windows XP.
Can anyone help us get it sorted please???
Cheers.

A:Routing ADSL

you may want to setup internet connection sharing. this page may help, Windows ICS
... How to Setup Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). Windows 2000 supports both Network Address Translation (NAT) and Internet Confection Shading (ICS) al1ow ...
www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/ics.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-adsl.365976/
Relevancy 36.98%

I am trying to split tunnel a VPN only have the vpn handle certian ip s however with issue routing Help i cant get it Help with routing issue to work - - lets say i want the VPN to handle how would i add that PS i changed the ip s slightly for this post Not connected to VPN Code C Users Matthew Lagoe gt route print Interface List f b d d b Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN c a d Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Help with routing issue e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e TO Adapter e TO Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link On-link e c da e f b On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe efe On-link fe c da e f b On-link fe f ba c e On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None C Users Matthew Lagoe gt Connected to the VPN using default routing ie everything goes through the vpn Code C Users Matthew Lagoe gt route print Interface List Work f b d d b Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN c a d Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e TO Adapter e TO Adapter e Microsoft to Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway c c On-link e a b df d On-link On-link fb fb On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe efe On-link fe a b df d On-link fe f ba c e On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None C Users Matthew Lagoe gt Connected to the VPN without default routing nothing goes through the vpn Code C Users Matthew Lagoe gt route print Interface List Work f b d d b Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN c a d Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e TO Adapter e TO Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link On-link e c da e f b On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe efe On-link fe c da e f b On-link fe f ba c e On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None C Users Matthew Lagoe gt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-routing-issue.762442/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi all I recently face a it Is issue? DNS or Routing problem on windows unable to access many sites in my office network The whole story goes like this As my company is a regional subsidiary we have a cisco router that route back to the main office Is it Routing or DNS issue? for applications and emails The local LAN has a fortigate that has an ip address of while the cisco router has an ip address of We have a Win K server as the DHCP server which has entries of DNS and entries of gateway amp the entries of DNS being and and are the DNS for network application The Problem Everything has been working fine for all the Windows XP machine they are able to surf the net check mails from exchange server and access application However for the Windows machines I have no luck at all surfing of sites are most of the time time-out or not accessible at all ping to the webserver is successful though However checking of emails from exchange server and accessing application on main office server has got no problem I did a ipconfig all and it shows identical from the Windows XP ones Next I tried with a static ip setting on Windows with gateway pointing to fortigate and DNS pointing to amp yield great success on surfing websites BUT accessing exchange server and running application is unsuccessful As you can see I get one I don't get the other I hope someone can help me out on this and point to me what and where went wrong like I said Win XP machines has not problem at all What kind of issue is this Routing or DNS Thanks in advance regards Lonetree

A:Is it Routing or DNS issue?

Ok, so you found out that adding a static DNS from your server works on the Win 7 machines to get it past the DNS problem.

Have you tried going into the advanced TCP/ip properties on the Win7 machine then listing the DNS servers, static IP's, subnets, gateways, this might allow you to switch between the two modes "static DNS" or server assigned more easily.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/129739-routing-dns-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Post removed by AcaCandy.

Get lost Einstein. Go post your drivel somewhere else

Closing thread. Banning poster. Do not register again or we'll report you to the school website that you are using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-problems.386730/
Relevancy 36.98%

Recently noticed substantial upward trend in monthly data usage Consulted with friend who has always been able to help with infections but we have run out of ideas on this on He says I m being re-routed through a ghost site without even seeing it Firefox has been starting more slowly than normal as well We did find a few trojans in Windows system that were removed but this one keeps coming back Line on the log--note the Name Server portion Have found others with similar prob online in some with different string of numbers at the end some are the same but no one posted solutions I click fix it it goes away It stays gone after re-boot until I run my Verizon Access Manager internet connection and run HT again it re-appears I don t re-routing DNS highjack, IP have to start Firefox just Verizon This one is pretty smart Please help My log follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at M on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Verizon Wireless VZAccess Manager VZAccess Manager exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - DNS highjack, IP re-routing C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS Sminst Recguard exe O - HKLM Run Scheduler C WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Startup RollerCoaster Tycoon Registration lnk C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temp -EE B- F -A D -F F F B - B- A - FB-CD A CD F ATR exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C Program Files S... Read more

Relevancy 36.98%

iv recently moved to a thermaltake tsunami case, which has usb and firewire mounted in the top of the case(which is quite handy) however this meant that there were long black cables travelling down through my case!!

i want to know if there is any risk routing these cables directly behind the mobo, so like where the mounting scerws are.

cheers and any other tips on concealing cables would be great!!

ramsay

A:routing cables

No problem. Just make sure you don't put too much pressure on the cables and routing them from under the hot CPU is probably not the best way either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routing-cables.36921/
Relevancy 36.98%

Okay this is a pretty simple problem on the face of it but I can't really get my head around it...

I've got my guitar plugged into the mic slot in my soundcard...
when I play it comes through the speakers absolutely fine
I've sent the signal through FLStudio via ASIO4ALL
I can now hear the processed sound coming through FLStudio AND directly from the soundcard so

Guitar > Soundcard > Windows > Asio4all > FLStudio
| |
sound from guitar processed sound

now... because fruity loops applies a little bit of post processing it takes a little longer to come out the speakers than the windows sound... is there any way I can stop windows sending the sound to the speakers... and instead send it JUST to asio4all? this would mean that I wouldn't have conflicting sounds and it would be much easier on the ears... thanks guys!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-soundcard-routing.800216/
Relevancy 36.98%

Here s what I have Two Wireless Routers WRT N Firmware DD-WRT v -sp mini-usb-ftp One SBG Cable Modem Standard SBG6580 Routing Specification Compliant DOCSIS Hardware Version Software Version SBG - -GA- - -NOSH Here is my problem I have an Office router WRT N Back part of my house where I have a small office IP and I also have a Home router WRT N IP for my cable box Apple TV Laptops in the house Office Router is mostly for two computers one laptop one VOIP box Xbox in garage and a storage server Now I have both SBG6580 Routing routers as Wireless AP s SBG6580 Routing since the Home wireless router doesn t reach the back office and its handy having the office with wireless for laptop and iPhone The Office Router and the Home Router have a direct connection to the Motorola SBG Cable Modem and the modem is DHCP enabled since I only get one IP from my provider and both WRT N s SBG6580 Routing are setup as Gateways Home having an WAN IP of and Office WAN IP of and SBG Modem My problem is I can t set a static route on the SBG so the HOME router can see the OFFICE router Both networks don t see each other ANY help is MUCH appreciated BUT please understand that this setup is convenient for me since I work from home the time so I don t want to just run one router and I need both WRT N s to have the Wireless option for convenience Thank You for ANY help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sbg6580-routing.1062980/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello all Need help my antivirus is detecting an trojan but cant quarantine it i try a lot of things anti trojans anti spys etc a did a lot of updates on my XP service pack etc etc i would like some help has son has u can Resumen lt System gt gt C WINDOWS system routing exe memory dump Sospechoso s Trojan Agent Delf FQ lt System gt gt C WINDOWS routing.exe infected system routing exe disk Sospechoso s Trojan Agent Delf FQ lt System gt gt C WINDOWS system routing exe full dump Sospechoso s Trojan Agent Delf FQ lt System gt gt HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CURRENTCONTROLSET SERVICES ROUTING ImagePath gt C WINDOWS SYSTEM ROUTING EXE Sospechoso s Trojan Agent Delf FQ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Programas Ficheiros comuns Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system perfs exe C WINDOWS system routing exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Programas Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns Softwin BitDefender Scan Server routing.exe infected bdss exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Programas Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe C Programas Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe C Programas Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C xtreme mirc exe C Programas MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Programas MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Programas Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Programas Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId routing.exe infected R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Hiperliga es O - Hosts kebactinh com O - Hosts fvfyc cn O - Hosts jinqin com O - BHO Facilitador de Leitor de Link Adobe PDF - E F-C D - D -B routing.exe infected D- B D BE B - C Programas Ficheiros comuns Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Programas FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Programas Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Programas Ficheiros comuns Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Programas Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Programas Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Programas Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Programas MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run swg C Programas Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SERVI O LOCAL' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Servi o de rede' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item amp Download All with FlashGet - C Programas FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item amp D... Read more

A:routing.exe infected

i think i dont have no more routing efection how can i be shure?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/routing-exe-infected-219762.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a ricoh aficio mp c5501 pcl6 printer in my office receiving faxes for many different people. We use windows 7. Is there a way to route an incoming fax to a computer folder and have it print like we do now?

I downloaded the manual from ricoh, is there a little more understandable manual on the web?

Thank You

Dan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-faxes.1160078/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi Ladies Gentlemen Totally new to this I have just joined this forum yesterday as I've come to the end of my wits I'm trying to work out why I cannot network this HP laptop win Ultimate to win XP desktop My daughters HP win Home Premium laptop connected IP 7 Routing Cannot disable in Win fine to the workgroup I have setup at home I can see it from xp machine and vica versa I have just upgraded my HP laptop to win ultimate connects to Belkin wireless router XP desktop connects to Belkin wireless router also has Ethernet cable connected to Belkin router The eth cable takes precedence and works fine as I will explain later I can see my three machines in win xp desktop XP desktop XP-D HP laptop win Home Premium win -HP HP laptop with win Ultimate win -U I also see the same in my Daughters laptop win Home Prmium XP desktop HP laptop win Home Premium HP laptop with win Ultimate when I try to access win -HP Cannot disable IP Routing in Win 7 from Cannot disable IP Routing in Win 7 XP-D all is fine and Visa Versa But when I try to access the win -U from my other two machines I get the following Windows cannot access win -U check speeling of the name Otherwise there might be a problem with your network To try to identify and resolve network problems click Diagnose Error code x The network path was not found In my Cannot disable IP Routing in Win 7 effort to determine the root cause I sat the two win machines next to each other and made sure that all is AOK for all settings I have followed some of the threads in this forum which by the way is excellent but to no availe I finally downloaded a program called wireshark and tried to determine why I cannot ping the win -U It turns out that when I do a ping from the two other machines to win -U it sends it out to the www internet I can tell by the IP addressing which is no longer private and is definetly public So I again looked at ipconfig all for the two win machines and noticed that IP Routing is set to YES for the win -U machine but not the other two Windows IP Configuration Host Name win -U Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin I have also tried the regedit of the following to set it to and restarted my machine but it does not change it when I do an ipconfig all command HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters subkey quot IPEnableRouter quot entry to and rebooted Am I on the right track to working out the reason why I cannot access my win -U machine from the other two even though I can see it in the my network window I cannot see any machines in the win -U It sometimes sees itself Please help me if you can and be patient with me in trying to respond to your questions I even had trouble working out how to start this thread

A:Cannot disable IP Routing in Win 7

Good Information.

Please inform us on the make/model/version and firmware of your router.

Did you do any changes to your router?

Also,
Under your Advance Sharing Settings.
They should be set as follow:

Home/Work
These should be enabled:
Turn on network discovery

Turn on file and printer sharing

Turn on sharing with publick folder (opinional) i have it enabled.

File Sharing Connections: 128 bit

Password Protected: Turn on password protected sharing (hopefully you have your daughters and your account on one another's computer) which would be the best thing. best for security

HomeGroup Connections: User user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers

Under Your LAN properties:
You should use these connections:

Client for Microsoft networks
QOS Packet Scheduler (yes or no, its up to you) usually enabled
file and printer sharing for microsoft networks
TCP/IP 4
TCP/IP 6
Link Layer mapper I/O driver
Link Layer Responder

Anything else should not be required unless you have symantec installed or an antivirus that might place something extra in there.

Another thing you have to check as well....
if you have a firewall installed.
make sure your LAN is opened... so that they will communicate with both the computers and your router as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82846-cannot-disable-ip-routing-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi,Since having to re-install Win 7 followed by the Win 10 64 bit upgrade, although I can see my extended desktop through a multimedia projector, I cannot get software that USED to work on this laptop (Easislides) to route the extended desktop through the HDMI port. I have updated the video drivers to no avail. I am having to user a very flakey old laptop to work with easislides. This compaq/hp laptop was also updated to Win 10 from Win 7 with no problem. It is about to die tho!!!! I have tried other Multimedia software which gives the same symptoms leading me to the re-installation of 7 and 10 as being the problem. PLEASE HELP before the old lappy does it's final performance!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hdmi-routing/td-p/5677328
Relevancy 36.98%

Alright so here s the deal I live on .85 over miles Routing a ranch that is a collection of six houses four of which are vacation rental homes There is a hub for internet cable at the bottom of the hill that the whole thing is situated on Taking the road to my house is miles although there is a house closer that I could use as the main hub which is a bit closer - but not much I am trying Routing over .85 miles to get a hold of a county map google maps ironically do not cover my area in detail to see what the straight line distance is Basically I need to figure out a way to get the signal that far It is uphill and in thick forest although I am literally at the point that I will fell trees to create line-of-sight paths through the woods to hook up a bunch of repeaters or antennas if that is the only solution There s some guy that supposedly used some buffalo routers to send a signal over a mile but I can t get any information on it Cost is not much of an issue although a solution under or so would probably be best My land lady will help with the expense since we would be able to hook up her rentals with internet service for guests I can just set mbps limits on the specific routers I am going to contact the cable company on Monday to see if I can just get a lock box where I can access the internet with a router at the hub as it obviously doesn t run to any of the houses I m sure I ll be able to work something out but will post if this doesn t work out My end goal is to have internet that is sufficient to play xbox live as well as intensive internet browsing Me and my landlady both use Hughes Net and have had enough of their ridiculous policies and prices nbsp

A:Routing over .85 miles

Will your cable company run an extension of the coax into the property?

The main problem you will have is the length of the run. The type of coax used by your cable company is very low loss, and can be run over long distances, but even then you have to check signal strength and install amplifiers as needed.
You will not get away with using regular coax, even the RG6 that is used for in-home wiring is too lossy for that long a run.

Fiber should work over that length, but it requires special hardware at each end.

I would recommend you discuss this with your cable provider.

FW

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routing-over-85-miles.136794/
Relevancy 36.98%

So I have a user trying to ping and trace to a server, but they are unable to. I know the server is working fine as other users can get to it.
When they do the trace, it is stopping at the router, but is not traversing over the WAN to get to the server....is is basically 'stuck' in the router and goes no further.
The network is advertised and there are no routing loops, but I am having issues pin pointing the problem.
Anyone have any possible answers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-a-routing-issue.677437/
Relevancy 36.98%

I began this subject back some days ago, but can't find the thread for it, so I'm starting another. I just received an Audiovox TV Volume Controller that I ordered, which is supposed to be placed between the PC soundcard and the speakers, but there are only two leads...red and white, while the speakers operate on a triple lead system...pink (I think), black and green. If I only place the controller on two of the leads between the speakers and soundcard, the third would be unregulated, which would defeat the purpose of the controller. How should I interface these devices?

A:Cable Routing

Sounds like you have a Gateway Boston Accoustics speaker system. The leads from the BA speakers go, Pink to the Pink mic INPUT jack on the PC, the GREEN to the GREEN speaker out and the BLACK to the second speaker/Line Out whatever color that is on your PC.

What I find doing a google search for the Audiovox TV Controller is that it has the standard stereo RCA jacks on it and you put that between the stereo output of a TV and the stereo input on some other device such as amplified speakers or a stereo amplifier. Based on this, it won't work with your specific speaker set up. If you just had a 2.1 analog speaker system that only has one lead that is connected to the PC you could get some 1/8" stereo to RCA plug adapters and use it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/53629-cable-routing.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi everyone!

I am new member in the forum and this is my first post. I am sorry if this is not relevant to this forum.

I just want to ask why ospf is preferred over ibgp?
I am not clear with their difference.

Thank you...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-protocols.1080719/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi All I m trying to setup a webcam to be visible on the internet which is behind a Motorola Surfboard SBG and a Netgear R AC router IP Addresses are for the Motorola and for the Netgear R So coax to Motorola ethernet cable from port on the motorola Camera IP Routing to WAN port on the Netgear then a ethernet cable from IP Camera Routing the Netgear to the webcamera and one to my PC I know I need to forward ports and I ve done that using one router What is tripping me up is the fact I have two devices that are routing What is the best way to do this Should I set the Motorola to put the Netgear in the DMZ I ve heard about how I need to set a static IP for the Netgear to have it work for the surfobard but when I go to the LAN setup page and try to put in an IP Address of XX to match for the Surfobard I get an error quot The IP Address conflicts with the WAN subnet Please enter a different IP Address quot I ve looked online and there appears to be a lot of different answers Trying to find the easier and simpliest one Any help here is appreciated very much nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

Ok this seems to be a unique situation since I cannot find PC Routing Internet Through On a solution anywhere its a bit complicated so bare with me I found a program called CCProxy which allows you to share internet Routing Internet Through On PC that is directly connected to the host PC to any other PC on the network After exploring the Routing Internet Through On PC functions of this program it gave me an idea But to complete the network setup I am planning I need to do the following Connect the Internet to my router Linksys Routing Internet Through On PC WRT G via Ethernet Route preferably wireless only but I can handle wired too to the host PC running the program - The host IP will be static so the other PCs can use it as a proxy server Route internet to ONLY the host PC Or wired PCs If you haven t already guessed my plan is to allow other people in my building to use my WLAN while using CCProxy s account feature to limit usage If this isn t possible I can use the built in feature of my router but it is rather limited in features Thanks in advance to anyone willing to try and tackle this rather specific issue nbsp

A:Routing Internet Through On PC

Please read the TSG Rules, you are violating the terms of service for your ISP by sharing your connection. We don't assist with illegal activities here at TSG.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-internet-through-on-pc.593464/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have picked up routing exe and have not been Routing.exe Removal able to remove it help please Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Routing.exe Removal v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC Routing.exe Removal WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Common Files InterVideo DeviceService DevSvc exeC Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system routing exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files SpeedswitchXP SpeedswitchXP exeC Program Files I kfanGUI I kfanGUI exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Clavier Clavier exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMBgMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files ProcessExplorer procexp exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Brian Chapman Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run SMSystemAnalyzer quot C Program Files iolo System Mechanic SMSystemAnalyzer exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton AntiVirus osCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run NBKeyScan quot C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe quot O - HKCU Run SpeedswitchXP C Program Files SpeedswitchXP SpeedswitchXP exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run i kfangui C Program Files I kfanGUI I kfanGUI exe startupO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run Clavier C Program Files Clavier Clavier exeO - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA qu... Read more

A:Routing.exe Removal

Hi CBChapman and Welcome to the forums.Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.Close all other windows before proceeding.Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.After posting the DSS log,Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exeDouble-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130410/routingexe-removal/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi My issues are as follows About weeks ago I noticed some random talking coming from my pc This randomly Issues Routing.exe happened again later on so I did a search for it and ended up finding something about routing exe so I checked Routing.exe Issues in Routing.exe Issues the system folder to see if I had it or not turns out I did and I managed to get rid of it to a degree however whenever I start up my PC Spybot S amp D pops up a message about Routing.exe Issues allowing a change to appear on my machine which I always deny This change is made up of a load of strange characters which always changes to a new set every time I re-boot On Thursday I started up my machine and it wasn't in the state that it should have been in files were not showing up and all sorts of stuff so this morning I used system restore and returned the PC to the furthest back I could Sadly Routing exe is still on the machine Any help on this would be great I'm running Windows Vista home premium I've searched through some of the forums here and have used the following topic to date on the issues that I have http www bleepingcomputer com forums t routingexe-removal I checked out the topic above and have run both Deckard's System Scanner DSS Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThis removed routing exeI have since run Hijack This and this is my report Please Note O - HKLM Run Windows Defender x x M amp M This looks like what Spybot S amp D is stopping every time I start up my machine Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Thomson ST diagnostics diagnostics exeC Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BINC Program Files Last fm LastFM exeC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM CPSHelpRunner exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exeC Windows system NOTEPAD EXEC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Rob Desktop HiJackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about TabsR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - Hosts ns namerich cn newgoc comO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO -... Read more

A:Routing.exe Issues

Hello bluhippoWelcome to BleepingComputer ========================If you are still in need of assitance then please post a new Hijackthis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132686/routingexe-issues/
Relevancy 36.98%

we've got some old novell servers with IPX only, and for some reason IPX has thrown a wobbler.

Some IPX ping's work others don't, and i'm not very good with IPX. Our Cisco Cat 6500's have multiple vlan's and they can each ping their own IPX interface addresses, but only some router's can ping some IPX addresses on other devices.

I'd love to (as network manager) say tough, upgrade them and use IP only, but I can't at the moment.

Symptoms started out as users not able to see their network folders on the novell machines.

ANY Help with IPX troubleshooting is much appreciated.

thanks
your's troubled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipx-routing-is-dodgy.352449/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm trying to understand some basic concepts of networking I have following home LAN Is it right like above to have NIC's each one having different gateways on one station There PC have NICs - the first's one gateway is the second's Initially just after system startup the ip table is like that Code On-link On-link On-link and when i run netcat Code nc -zv -s to test if port is open it works - the port is indeed open But LAN in home Routing when i remove the route i got quot TIMEOUT quot on nc test Shouldn't it pick route and work Moreover when i add the route manually Code route add mask it still doesn't work I can't change the metric to desired value When i run for eg Code route change mask metric the result metric is't but no matter if auto-metric is enabled or not Is there any Routing in home LAN connection between -s flag local source address in netcat and routing table's Interface column

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/396566-routing-home-lan.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have it disabled in my regedit, hkey_localmachines\system\currentcontrolset\services\tcpip\parameters\IPenablerouter is set to 0. Why does "ipconfig /all" still show ip routing enabled as yes?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-disable-ip-routing-on-xp-pc.325416/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have DSL ROUTER Connected to internet and TPlink router connected to DSL ROUTER and users are connected to TPLINK ROUTER Lan ports.
Configuration are:
DSL ROUTER
WAN IP: 203.XX.XX.XX
LAN IP :192.168.1.1

TPlink router:
Wan ip:192.168.1.2
Lan ip:10.10.1.1

Users ip range: 10.10.1.2-10.10.1.100

My problem is this i cant ping 10.10.1.0 network from 192.168.1.10..The user can ping DSL ROUTER From their side.

I also tried to make Static route in DSL ROUTER But still no luck.
Please help me.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:Routing Problem

Hi magnitude, and welcome to TSG.

Router #1 is using a function called Network Address Translation (NAT) in order to get all devices with addresses in the 10.10.1.2 - 10.10.1.100 range on its LAN side to work through its single 192.168.12 IP address on the WAN side. This hides the IP addresses of devices on the LAN to connections coming in from the WAN side and forms a natural firewall.

You would need to set up port forwarding on Router #1 so that incoming connection requests to a given port on its WAN side get forwarded to a given port number on device with a specific IP address in the 10.10.1.2 - 10.10.1.10 range. Those devices would need to have DHCP disabled and have their IP addresses set to be unique in the 10.10.1.2 - 10.10.1.10 range but outside of the DHCP range of the router if its DHCP server is left operating.

You would also need to set up port forwarding or a DMZ on the Modem/router if you want incoming connections from the Internet to access those devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-problem.1000390/
Relevancy 36.98%

Cracked screen on HP laptop ~ trying to route to a Desktop monitor but can't find hotkey

A:routing to different monitor

should be able to just plug in the monitor without the need of a hotkey. exactly which hp do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/routing-to-different-monitor-625628.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok i have a netgear just basic router, i recently moved and set up internet here at my new house it worked fine at my old house, i had it routed to my computer and ps3 and im tryin that here at my new house but only one machine works at a time, when i unplug just directly from my modem everything works fine. and one computer works at a time via connected through the router but when i turn on my laptop it finds no internet connection. someone help please!

Relevancy 36.98%

I have been doing lower skill level networking for years I am familiar with port Routing between networks two forwarding and NAT operations I have a current issue that is kicking my tail and would like some guidance I do not know if the pdf will attach so I will describe it here as well Internal network xxx A client has provided some equipment that Routing between two networks has a small network with devices This is Internal network Internal Network xxx No GW setup I need to communicate with one of the devices The manufacturer indicated it is a big deal to change their IP address scheme They also stated that others had provided a NAT router between the two networks to keep them separate and allow sharing of data I have placed a simple router between the two networks I have tried two different models Netgear WNR v and Trendnet TW -BRV Both less than but have DMZ and Port Forwarding Network is connected to the WAN port Network is connected to the LAN port I have a device on network that will poll data from a device on network I thought this would be a simple process and setup but am struggling with it I believe the issue lies in my ignorance of the subnets When I set up the LAN to have the subnet It replies that there is a conflict with the WAN IP First Can this link between these two networks be done with a router Second Routing between two networks Any suggestions on how to make this work Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

I recently switched to DSL and working on getting my home network working again. I have a Westell Dual Connect 2200 (which has a router built-in) DSL modem that I switched to bridge mode and configured my Netgear MR-314 as the PPP with all the proper settings for it to work on my computer that is physically connected to the Netgear router, but my two wireless computers aren't getting a connection. I looked at the Netgear DHCP table and no IP's are listed at all, what am I doing wrong? I really need help.

A:Routing Problem...

The thread title is very misleading. Your problem is not related to routing in any way. It is a problem with wireless networking.

The basic things to try: to the wireless computers show a signal? Can they find the network? Have you enabled encryption on the access point? Can you get it working without encryption? Have you enabled DHCP on the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routing-problem.16576/
Relevancy 36.98%

need to know how to link 2 linksys routers avoiding ip conflict.1 is a gateway, the other is a wifi router. rik from ts set it up in the first place but since power cut, cannot repair conection. if rik would answer his phone and msn, I might get this sorted

A:wifi routing

due to constant perseverance have now sorted wifi problem, no thanx to rik who still wont answer his phone

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-routing.61435/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a windows 7 ultimate machine that connects wirelessly with my router (192.168.1.x) and is also connected through wired lan (192.168.137.x) to a switch. The win7 has ICS enabled in order to give internet access to the machines. My problem is that I cannot ping from the rest of the wireless devices (192.168.1.x) any of the wired devices (192.168.137.x).

I have added a route to my router to route packets to the 192.168.1.6 (which is the wireless interface of the Win7 machine) but the win7 doesn't send the packets to the other interface.

I know that I must add something to the Win7 route table but I have played around and couldn't find it

This is the result from the traceroute

1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 4.773 ms 1.230 ms 1.268 ms
2 192.168.1.6 (192.168.1.6) 2.152 ms * 8.476 ms
3 * * *
4 *^C

I have also attached a diagram to help you

thanks for looking

A:Windows 7 and ICS routing

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

This may help: Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/176935-windows-7-ics-routing.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Can you setup IP Routing with a Dynamic IP ?

A:Routing in Windows8

Hi Jerome, this forum is for Windows 7 users, for this issue please post on the eight forums accessible from the top or bottom of any page here. NOTE: you will need to register again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/368039-routing-windows8.html
Relevancy 36.98%

When I perform a search using *.chk, the result is:

Seaching All Files/Folders

Name: edb.chk

In Folder: C:\WINDOWS\systems32\CatRoot2

Size: 8KB

Type: Recovered File Frag...

Date Modified: i.e., 1/18/04

How do I re-locate these files into proper area? Why is this appearing?

A:Fragments Need Re-routing

Thats a checkpoint file for Windows, used by Windows system updates/error dumps as far as I know.

Its in the right place in that case, just where did you want it to be?

BTW its confusing itself (by the extension) with a Chkdsk recovered file, hence the File Fragment tag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fragments-need-re-routing.196656/
Relevancy 36.98%
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi, the router to be configured is a D-Link DIR-655. I'm trying to create a route from a VPN ip to the VPN server in my LAN. Anyhow, the D-Link does not let me create routing within the LAN. Are there any solutions or workarounds for this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-with-d-link-dir-655.863762/
Relevancy 36.98%

some times when i am searching for a web page in a search engine...i am being re directed to a web address http://174.123.230.82/~youlovef/jump.php is not available and the page is finally re directing to http://apps.facebook.com/getmefurian/. this problem is mainly happening when i first open my web browser and some times in the middle also..
please help me in fixing this problem as i am facing a lot of problem with this.

A:re-routing problem

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466575/re-routing-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi
I have 2 networks in one building 192.68.1.x & 10.10.10.x

They both need to have access to a device on 192.168.1.200. Normal traffic HTTP, FTP, Telnet, Multicast etc.

Obviously for the 192.168.1.x range this isn't an issue, bot how do I get 10.10.10.x to have access without compromising either networks security..

On 192.168.1.200 I can configure routes !

Thanks for your advice..

A:Routing between 2 networks.

You'll need some sort of firewall or router which you can apply specific ACLs. Be aware, if you want multicasting to be routed between subnets, you'll need a router/firewall capable of doing multicast routing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-between-2-networks.955304/
Relevancy 36.98%

Can I route 192.168.2.xxx and 192.168.1.xxx interfaces with Windows Server 2012? If possible how is it done?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/192-168-2-xxx-and-192-168-1-xxx-interface-routing.1157341/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have been working on an assignment for over a week now and I can t seem to figure it out I m not asking for the answer I just need a little guidance The assignment is to setup computers P P P on different subnets and have the one inbetween act as a router I ve got it so that P and P and ping eachother and P and P can ping eachother but P can t ping P and vice versa Below is a little diagram all are connected via crossover cables P lt - gt P lt - gt P All computers are running Linux P has IP forwarding on proc sys net ipv ip fordward The only way I could get pinging working was to have all subnet masks be I ran the following command as root to setup routing on P route add -net gw dev eth The command works and an entry is then present in my routing table but pining to P does not work Again any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp Routing 3 Subnet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-subnet-routing.1051082/
Relevancy 36.98%

I hate to ask a question that may have been posed before but my problem is not why something is not working rather the why of how to overcome it At this point i have Subnets Two Routing Between a W k Server connected to my LAN by a NIC on a class B network the server connects to my Belkin router over a wireless network that is Routing Between Two Subnets on a different subnet Class C Routing and Remote Access allows my clients on the Class C subnet to connect to the router on the other network to access the internet but i cannot communicate to the B network from clients connected to the Belkin I am assuming that as the belkin is used for the default gateway that because it does not have a route defined for the Class B network that the traffic is getting dropped I cannot use the server as a router How would i allow resources to be shared between the two networks Would i have to install a router before the belkin or should i place the nics on the same subnet I would rather avoid this Thanks for any help and i hope this is clear nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

I recently had to wipe my XP computer back to factory settings and now can't connect back to wireless internet. My IPS said that an IP address wasn't being assigned and that I can't restart my router as other computers in my house are using it.

When I put in the command 'ipconfig /all' it comes up with:
IP Routing Enabled.....:No
WINS Proxy Enabled.....:No

I checked Network Adapters and there are no devices with error codes or unknown devices.

I'm pretty clueless with computers and would really appreciate help with this.

Thanks/

A:IP routing not enabled...help!

try rebooting the modem/router itself.... turn off all pc's, unplug the router, leave off for a min or 2 and then plug in router (do not turn on any pc's yet) turn on router wait for all the lights to show up.... once they have turn on the pc's...

Let me know!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ip-routing-not-enabled-help-321173.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I was able to route between to different subnets. Now, I have this situation where I need to route between three different subnets. You guys probably are going to say " are you crazy" , but I just want to try if possible.

Network A
10.10.xxx.xxx

Network B
191.16.xxx.xxx

Network C
192.168.xxx.xxx

I have a router (A) between networks A & B and also a router (B) between networks B & C. I figure I needed to create some static routes to have the data travel correctly.

Router A
Dest: 10.10.xxx.0
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 191.16.xxx.4
Metric: 2

Router B
Dest: 191.16.xxx.0
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.xxx.0
Metric: 2

Relevancy 36.98%

ANYBODY please help?
I CANNOT remove 2 items: Alexa and DSO exploits-
causing me many problems:
TRIED to download ALL the Alexa tool bar removal tools: IT does one of two things:
re-directs..or server not available
IF I get to download..popup says: ALEXA tool removed.!If you go into files/properties: zero..everything removed!

I have taken "control of my files"....BUT am still locked out of things:
esp documents/settings/desktop plus administrators(cannot remove them! inc,a remote access file),redirects etc. PLUS: how can I stop all the uploading of my pics and emails ....to another "party" that is BCC everything.
Anytime I goto Admin or owner settings: I am denied...I know ALL my files are shared...how to undo that?Plus,boxes for control are "lightly blanked out"..
if you manage to take out anything...it comes right back.

A:Need Help Re-routing To Knight17

Try using windows spyware removal beta program from www.microsoft.com or spybot search and destroy (search for it on www.download.com ). Under spybot S&D it has some directions to try and fix that dso exploit, ive never gotten it to work though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/need-help-re-routing-to-knight17-34662.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm a bit confused about a routing issue here at home. I currently have my configuration as follows.

Code:

Modem --> Router1 (Linksys RTP300)

--> Router2 (Linksys WRT54GS) running DD-WRT
Router1
--> Router3 (Linksys WRT54GS) running DD-WRT

Router1 192.168.1.1/24
Router2 10.254.254.1/16
Router3 10.0.1.1/24
Why the different netmasks you ask? I was just messing around trying to understand and learn via trial and error.

The problem is on say Router2 (10.254.254.1/16) network I can access Router1 just fine and any clients connected to Router1, but for some reason on my main rig connected to Router1 (192.168.1.1/24) network I cannot access Router2 or Router3.

Trying to figure out what I would need to do to access clients on Router2 and Router3 from Router1, but only from my main rig. Anyone else connected to Router1 doesn't need access to Router2 or 3.

I'm thinking if I add static gateway's or something of the sort, but I'm not sure.

A:Routing Scenario

No surprise there, the NAT layer is basically a firewall that is blocking you from accessing the clients on the secondary routers.
Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-scenario.861259/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi,
I was wondering if there was a way to route a single port, such as 25, to HTTP port 80. I am using for a web proxy for a smartphone and need to use an open port.
Thanks in advance

A:Port routing

Never mind, I figured out an alternate method.
Thanks anyway!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/port-routing.64604/
Relevancy 36.98%

Currently if I connect my NAS Network Storage Device and NIC to my Router I can access NAS with my Vista Computer If I connect my NAS to my Switch I CANNOT access it with my Vista Computer I have spent three days trying to write a proper Router Statement with no luck must be dumber than I thought My Router is - Mbps NIC - - Gbps NIC - - Gbps NAS - - Gbps Obviously I with HELP Routing Issue would like to access the NAS via the swithch to take advantage of the much greater speed HELP with Routing Issue I could connect my HELP with Routing Issue second HELP with Routing Issue NIC directly to the NAS but then no other users on the network could access it So I would like to Connect my NIC to the Switch and also connect the Router and NAS to the switch PROBLEM is unless I make a permanent addition to my routing table I will not be able to do so And with days of effort have not written a proper Routing Statement ------ AAAAAAAAAAAArgh I WOULD TOTALLY APPRECIATE your help Thanks Bob nbsp

A:HELP with Routing Issue

you keep talking about your router... but you didn't mention which one

also it sounds like your switch is the issue, not the routing. Do you have a config on your switch?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-routing-issue.609240/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have 2 routers..

The 1st, a Linksys EA9200, hardwired to my computer is getting the correct download speed of ~50mbps.

The 2nd, a Linksys 54gl, when hardwired to the same computer only gets ~30mbps.

I have no idea why..

Any help?

Relevancy 36.98%

I've two routers in my LAN ( ADSL -> Router1 ->Router2 -> LAN).
Router1 have ip 192.168.0.x and router2 10.0.0.x.
Router1 is linksys wag325n and router2 cisco 1841.
i don't know if is better configure RIP or configure rountig with static route.
can you help me?

A:Routing Protocol

It's entirely up to you. Personally, I don't think you need it. But one thing comes to mind, why are you using multiple subnets? Are you using CBAC on the 1841?

On my home network, I'm not running any routing protocol. I have a FVS338 to an ASA5505 which has 2 subnets hanging off the back end of it. RIP is also a pretty chatty protocol.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-protocol.707016/
Relevancy 36.98%

I need a few troubleshooting ideas... (or some ways to find out what the problem is) my friend has a routing problem (I'm sure) and when I go to the ip config on run it says that her ip routing is not enable... she has a xp laptop and she says that she knows that the router is working because the other laptop is online and running just fine off the same router. So how do I fix the connecting problem from her laptop to the router? how do I find out what's wrong with it? would appreciate any and all advice!

A:routing problem

I think that this post requires a little more clarity. Perhaps even simplification.
For one, IP routing should not be enabled (unless using ICS).

Is your friend trying to connect to the router wirelessly or through a network cable?
Could you give us the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway listed in her IPconfig?

Is this the same subnet and gateway listed on the computer that IS working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-problem.660466/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have two NICs, 192.168.56.0/24 and my wifi NIC 192.168.1.0/24. Can I route between these two NICs to
be able to ping from my Physical HOST to any host on 192.168.56.0/24 while using VMs?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b4a82e1f-a0f3-41ae-acd5-fdeaaa4c4d01/routing-between-nics?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 36.55%

A friend has purchased a laptop and is able to connect wirelessly with his desktop which is upstairs, only when he is in one room in his house which is directly below the room where the router is. He would like to be able to connect in another room which is further away. He has asked me, if he was to move the router downstairs nearer to the desired room, would this solve the problem. I don't wish to tell him it will do the trick until I know for sure. If someone could advise me I would be most grateful.

Relevancy 36.55%

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could answer me this. Will i get gigabit speeds on my network if everything except the router is gigabit?

I have gigabit NIC?s,gigabit switch and cat 7 cables, but my isp has sent me their "new" hardware for use with their internet connection,but the switch in this combined modem/router/ 4 port switch is only fast ethernet.

My question is, will i obtain gigabit speeds on everything connected to my own gigabit switch,if i use their router/modem thingy? Or should i disable both switch/firewall and DHCP in my isp hardware,and connect my own gigabit router?

As far i i can gather the isp hardware can work solely as a modem and router to the internet leaving my internal network using my gigabit switch,am i correct in this asumption?

A:Network question

Hello,

Installing the new Router shouldnt make a difference on your internal network providing that your not using the routers built in switch to connect other PCs. All PC's want to be connected to your Gigabit swicth as well as the router.

Even if you install a gigabit router you are limited by the speed of your ISP's network which is very unlikely to be gigabit.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191579-network-question.html
Relevancy 36.55%

If someone on the same network as you uses p2p software will they end up forcefully sharing their files to you or you to them? Even though you do not have p2p software.

Will malware be force shared between the two?

A:question about someone using p2p on the same network as you

Quote: Originally Posted by junjun

If someone on the same network as you uses p2p software will they end up forcefully sharing their files to you or you to them? Even though you do not have p2p software....

No.

Quote: Originally Posted by junjun

...Will malware be force shared between the two?

Malicious files can get on the computer that is using P2P and then those files can look for ways to get onto other computers on the network. The same is true for computers on the internet... since the internet is a network.

P2P software is a very generic term. Not all P2P software is used for file sharing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/330193-question-about-someone-using-p2p-same-network-you.html
Relevancy 36.55%

i have 4 computers in my home network. does each computer need to have the hard disks running in order too see it from other computers? this is how it is on my system. seems like you should be able to access each computer even if its in standby.
thanks

A:network question

The computers will have to be turned on and running a operating system for other computers to see it on a network.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-question-228921.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I have machines both on the net through a router and dsl modem My machine is SATA based and has a gb SATA HDD attached so with the dvd I have IDE spot open I put my GB IDE HDD there up xp question network set So the quot kids computer quot has IDE slots I have a DVD and quot main HDD quot running on that machine My question is can I place my other IDE HDD in the kids pc and have them blocked from xp network set up question all but the admin account on that pc me And is there a way to make those HDDs usable from my main machine I hate switching out HDD when I want a file family movie etc from the quot extra quot HDD I dont have enough data to justify buying a big SATA drive I have all the space I need I just want eisier access to it I can put nd NIC cards in each machine and use a crossover cable if it will help I custom built both machines I just did not see the HDD issue when I built the new my machine Any questions about either pc or the network can be answered I also have a XBOX and PS on the network Everything is running good ATM I hope it is not more bother than it is worth If I have to buy a program Ill just get a big SATA drive and dump everything there Thank you in advanced

A:xp network set up question

You probably could just link the two computers with a crossover cable and make the files on the two HDDs on the other computer. I'm not sure about blocking the two drives from everyone but the admin though, I've never done that before.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-network-set-up-question-218525.html
Relevancy 36.55%

i followed directions to setup a vpn network from my remote notebook to my server..
when i click onto the connect icon to connect to my server it appears to be connected.. the message i receive it that it is connected..
i check the status of the network, the packet count is changing both
send and receive..
my problem is i cannot see the display screen from the server.
what did i miss on the setup..
i am running windows xp pro on both systems, all virus programs and firewalls are temporarly disabled..
the system has no errors on the connection...
i would appreciate any help on this problem

A:vpn network question

Please list you VPN specs. make, model, software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/vpn-network-question-223549.html