Windows Support Forum

Missing Network Icons, Network Connections Service stuck on "starting"

Q: Missing Network Icons, Network Connections Service stuck on "starting"

Hi,

I'm running a Win XP SP2 machine, a couple of days ago the Network Icons in the taskbar dissapeared. Also, I cannot get into Network Connections to check the connections. The folder is empty.

However, the all the connections work fine, I just cannot edit them or get any details... Cause they're nowhere to be found.

I browsed around the net and found that for this type of problems one needs to check if certain services such as "Network Connections" and "Telephony" are running. I checked, and they are all stuck in "Starting" status. And nothing I can get them to start.

I checked the chain of dependencies and the service they all depend on "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" is started and running.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated, thanks guys!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Missing Network Icons, Network Connections Service stuck on "starting"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Missing Network Icons, Network Connections Service stuck on "starting"

Symptom: Your network connections folder is empty.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, follow each one with the Enter key:

regsvr32 netshell.dll
regsvr32 netcfgx.dll
regsvr32 netman.dll

Reboot the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-network-icons-network-connections-service-stuck-on-starting.773632/
Relevancy 122.45%

Hi all,

I am in the process of recovering a laptop from a recent virus surge and have run into some problems with its connection to the internet. When I open the network connections folder there is no local area connection or wireless network connection options. Additionally, the Network Connections service is hung on Starting.

I went through Microsoft KB 825826: "How to troubleshoot missing network connections icons in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows XP", but did not have any luck. Also ran LSP-Fix utility to repair any potential winsock issues but problem has not yet been resolved.

A:Network Connections service "Starting" and all network connections missing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connections-service-starting-and-all-network-connections-missing.686362/
Relevancy 92.07%

Problem started a couple of days ago, unsure why it would.

I would love to try any of the 4million fixes I've seen on the web for this except I can not get past that screen. Not in normal mode, not in safe mode.

Any suggestions?
And just in case;

Win 2k Pro
Pentium 4, 2.0 GHz
512 MB RDRAM
80 Gb HD
GF4 Ti 4200 128MB

ISP is Rogers (Canada)
Directly wired to a DI-624 Router, which is wired to an SB5101 Motorolla Surfboard Cable Modem provided by Rogers.

It's my 6 yr old clunker which I'll soon be replacing with a new build but I'd like to get my files off it at least.
There was a snow storm here that knocked out a bunch of power in certain areas of the city but not my area.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win-2k-pro-stuck-at-preparing-network-connections.765036/
Relevancy 91.45%

I am running Windows 10 Insider build 14332 and had issues setting up home group. After running the home group troubleshooter, my ethernet and wifi adaptors got renamed to "Ethernet 2" and "Wi-Fi 2" respectively.
I am unable to rename it now. It shows an error "Cannot rename this connection. A connection with the name that you specified already exists. Specify a different name."
My internet is working fine but I am finding these names a bit annoying. I have seared online for similar issues but the solutions haven't worked for me.

A:"Wi-Fi" shown as "Wi-Fi 2" in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

The devices are still in the device manager but not connected.
These are hidden devices.
To much here to tell you how.
Search for hidden devices, device manager to find how to remove them
This has been around since XP

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/423793-wi-fi-shown-wi-fi-2-control-panel%5Cnetwork-internet%5Cnetwork-connections.html
Relevancy 90.52%

Hello all I have a Gateway MP laptop running Windows XP SP When I boot my computer the quot Network Connections quot service takes an especially long time to load--usually around s- Lags Connections" Service "Network m so my network icons take a while to show up The service is set to automatic and claims to be started during this time I have tried a few measures to fix this "Network Connections" Service Lags but nothing has worked They include - Removed Netman from the registry and replaced it twice with a backup I created and a new key from Microsoft - Uninstalled my wireless network card rebooted and reinstalled "Network Connections" Service Lags with latest drivers - Ran my computer in clean boot mode only Microsoft services There are no errors relating to this service in the error log Also while the Network Connections service is lagging at startup I cannot open Security Center or Firewall Settings until NC has loaded Since Windows Firewall relies on the NC service I know that this is the service with the problem Thanks for any help you can give nbsp

A:"Network Connections" Service Lags

Does anyone have any ideas or help they can offer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connections-service-lags.722873/
Relevancy 86.49%

For the past week wheneve I start my computer. The screen. Dims as soon as I move my mouse or press down a key on my keyboard. I thought maybe my power settings became changed somehow. But whenever I try to open "Power Options" it doesn't open up. I am also unable to get any network connectivity with this laptop. My network icon is not in the notification area, and when I ipen the Network and Sharing center my network is not wireless or wired. It says "Unknown" Operating System:  windows7Can anyone please help me?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156598.0.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Does anybody know how I can change these icons?

I changed the default icon for the network one in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C} but it didn't change.
Appreciate any help,

B

A:Changing "Computer" and "Network" icons in explorer navigation pane

Hello, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, you could use the method in the tutorial below to change the icon of "Computer" and "Network" to what you like, and have it applied everywhere in Windows.

Desktop Icons - Change or Restore Default Icon

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/351478-changing-computer-network-icons-explorer-navigation-pane.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Hi all Sorry to repeat a question I see a lot of instances of but none of those seem to be addressing my problem correctly I have not done anything new to my computer in recent days so this problem has caught me off guard I see most instances of this problem come after upgrading to Windows I have had Win installed for a while now Here is a summary of my problem My computer recently got stuck on the quot Starting Windows Screen quot So I manually held the power button to reboot On reboot it said there was a need to run a startup repair which I did Everything checked fine except for the Corrupted" Windows", is on Repair "Starting Stuck Shows Disk Volume "System on last one which said quot System Volume on Disk is Corrupted quot which it claimed to have successfully fixed After rebooting from repair the system gets stuck on quot Starting Windows Screen quot for a good - minutes after which it runs a registry check After it completes that I get hopeful -- but the screen then gets stuck on an all black screen with just the mouse cursor and nothing more Additional note Attempting to start the computer on quot safe mode quot leads Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" safe mode startup to become stalled Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" on quot DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS quot The lastest attempt to repair yielded this message quot Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem event Name Startup Repair Offline Problem signature uknown quot AutoFailover Corrupt Volume OS Version Locale Id In need of help not sure where to start Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted"

Hi Stan, Hopefully I can help you out....or at least lead you in the right direction. From my experience, the symptoms you are suggesting sound like perhaps a dying Hard drive.

1. Do you have the windows 7 boot disks that came with your computer or when you bought the Operating System? If so, you could try and insert one of those and boot from it, and attempt to repair the installation. (this won't affect your data, only the windows system files).

2. If that doesn't fix it, you could try a fresh reinstall of windows 7, and see if that works.

3. If neither of those work, its likely that because of the fact that when windows is repairing itself, it is generally putting copies of its system files in the same physical location on your disk. Because your disk is obviously not completely dead, ie....its still loading to the windows 7 startup screen, its just copying files to the bad sectors on your hard drive and gets stuck when loading. This is especially my guess because you said Safe mode is having same problems, even after attempting to repair. In the past, I've tried and salvage a disk by reformatting it and only leaving on partitions which do not contain the bad clusters. This takes some time, and some guess work.....and really this is only a "bandaid" fix because once the disk has bad clusters, its only a matter of time before these things give out. You wouldn't want to trust your important data on it anyways....

I hope this leads you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-starting-windows-repair-shows-system-volume-on-disk-is-corrupted.1023059/
Relevancy 107.07%

So recently I've come across this problem in Windows Vista with my laptop where I right-click the network icon in the lower-right icon tray and then select the "connect to network" button that I use to connect to my wireless router... However, when I click on this button, nothing happens. No error message or anything. I even try accessing it through the start menu, control panel, etc. and it does not bring up the window that lists the available wireless connections.

When I had this problem before, I simply did a system restore and it worked, but my restore points have been deleted so now I am stuck. I tried Spy-Bot, AdAware, Norton to check for viruses, but nothing was found. I also tried a clean boot using msconfig to test for software compatibility issues, but that didn't work either.

Any ideas? Could it be a virus or something?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connect-to-network-button-not-working-to-access-wireless-connections-368972.html
Relevancy 106.64%

When I startup my laptop before going to log in screen "Preparing Network Connection" stays for about 3-5 minutes. which is frustrating. Any suggestions?

A:Slow startup - "Preparing Network Connections" stays for a long period of time

are you connecting to a domain?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-startup-preparing-network-connections-stays-for-a-long-period-of-time.820838/
Relevancy 106.64%

Hello all my computer problem "Network explorer.exe, Zero Config Connections", and Wireless is rather complicated and multi-faceted Let me first off say that I'm using my laptop right now in the same room "Network Connections", explorer.exe, and Wireless Zero Config as the desktop there are no issues of connection on this machine I built the desktop over the summer myself and it is core duo with XP SP and nVidia motherboard means it has nForceware I noticed it acting a little strangely back in oh I think December Around the middle of the month I purchased a Linksys WMP G v wireless network adapter because the dorm this spring has no ethernet cable only wireless Here are a list of strange things Windows is now doing explorer exe usually crashes and must be manually quit during shutdown restart Loading quot Network Connections quot from the Start menu or from My Network Places freezes the current window and crashes explorer exe the Run command window is often slow to load and respond Wireless Zero Configuration is a running process yet its icon never appears on the notification bar taskbar Linksys wireless adapter if it catches a signal at all drops it in minutes Usually the monitor says quot Cannot associate with Access Point quot What I've done and or tried Unfortunately to note I have used CCleaner I do think in December Merging any backups of the registry hasn't done anything Restored Windows to about Dec th with no improvement undid the restoration Searched for viruses with Avast and found nothing Searched with Ad-aware and found nothing major Uninstalled and reinstalled Linksys network adapter in case of corrupted install No improvement Live chat with Linksys support absolutely useless apart from realizing the WZC wizard icon is missing from the taskbar Also it is listed properly and functioning according to Device Manager I searched the internet for the missing icon issue but nothing I tried disabling UPnP for example made it reappear I'm not sure whether all of these issues are related and that's what makes it the most difficult to deal with What I do know is that with Network Connections freezing I'm unable to configure anything for the wireless network adapter Thank you for any input

A:"Network Connections", explorer.exe, and Wireless Zero Config

Needs a bump. No one has any possible ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-connections-explorer-exe-and-wireless-zero-config-215870.html
Relevancy 106.64%

For some reason one of my computers lost the MBR, the computer would not boot past POST.

I rewrote the MBR, and ran a chkdsk.

Now the computer boots fine up till "Preparing network connections"

The G.U.I changes from classic to XP, then restarts. Every time.

I can access safe mode with no problem.

A:Computer reboots after "Preparing network connections"

I tried doing a repair install of XP, but now I get the same distance on boot, but a BSOD which says nothing gives me some long hex number code.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-reboots-after-preparing-network-connections-227965.html
Relevancy 106.64%

I've had this problem with my on-board network interface for the ASUS M2N4-SLI motherboard that it won't display in the "Network Connections" window. I can browse the net all fine, but not sure if that's what causing the freeze ups while downloading and downloads that won't start at all. Anyways, I find this problem annoying and want it fixed. Have any idea?

I've uninstalled ZoneAlarm and tried reinstalling the driver for the interface many, many times, but still no luck.

A:Network interface won't display in "Internet Connections"

Meh.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-interface-wont-display-in-internet-connections.624719/
Relevancy 106.64%

I am running Windows XP SP3.
I have wireless and lan connectivity
I want to view the properties of the network connections.
I go to control panel , network connecitons, and right click on "local area connection" and select properties
I get a "Network Connections" dialog box that reads:

"An unexpected error occurred." the properties do not display.

I followed the steps in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824923 but that did not work.

I was infected with malware a while back but believe the system to be clean now.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Relevancy 106.64%

Hello all my computer problem is rather complicated and "Network explorer.exe, Zero Wireless Connections", Config multi-faceted I searched around "Network Connections", explorer.exe, Wireless Zero Config for these issues and I didn t find my exact situation Please do inform me if I missed it Let me first off say that I m using my laptop right now in the same room as the desktop there are no issues of connection "Network Connections", explorer.exe, Wireless Zero Config on this machine I built the desktop over the summer myself "Network Connections", explorer.exe, Wireless Zero Config and it is core duo with XP SP and nVidia motherboard means it has nForceware I noticed it acting a little strangely back in oh I think December Around the middle of the month I purchased a Linksys WMP G v wireless network adapter because the dorm this spring has no ethernet cable only wireless Here are a list of strange things Windows is now doing explorer exe usually crashes and must be manually quit during shutdown restart Loading quot Network Connections quot from the Start menu or from My Network Places freezes the current window and crashes explorer exe the Run command window is often slow to load and respond Wireless Zero Configuration is a running process yet its icon never appears on the notification bar taskbar Linksys wireless adapter if it catches a signal at all drops it in minutes Usually the monitor says quot Cannot associate with Access Point quot What I ve done and or tried Unfortunately to note I have used CCleaner I do think in December Merging any backups of the registry hasn t done anything Restored Windows to about Dec th with no improvement undid the restoration Searched for viruses with Avast and found nothing Searched with Ad-aware and found nothing major Uninstalled and reinstalled Linksys network adapter in case of corrupted install No improvement Live chat with Linksys support absolutely useless apart from realizing the WZC wizard icon is missing from the taskbar Also it is listed properly and functioning according to Device Manager I searched the internet for the missing icon issue but nothing I tried disabling UPnP for example made it reappear I m not sure whether all of these issues are related and that s what makes it the most difficult to deal with What I do know is that with Network Connections freezing I m unable to configure anything for the wireless network adapter Thank you for any input nbsp

A:"Network Connections", explorer.exe, Wireless Zero Config

Bump, in case it was buried.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connections-explorer-exe-wireless-zero-config.676750/
Relevancy 106.64%

I am running a Dell Dimension desktop with Windows XP Service Pack When I try to bot up I get hung on the quot preparing network connections quot screen before I can click on Hangs startup connections" network on "preparing at my user name I can boot in Safe Mode but not safe mode with networking but after a second or two of the desktop showing up in safe mode Explorer shuts down I can open Task Mgr but even if I open Explorer that way it shuts right back down My internet connection is fine as it's working on Hangs at "preparing network connections" on startup this laptop and is using a Linksys-G wireless router and a cable modem Before the last couple of days computer has been running fine albeit a little slow My son noticed a burst of popups the other day which has not recurred and then I had one or two intermittent episodes of the Hangs at "preparing network connections" on startup quot preparing network connections quot thing I downloaded and ran Trend Micro yesterday which found a handful of spyware malware but nothing it flagged as a virus Supposedly it cleaned them but today the hang at the quot preparing network connections quot screen has become an every time thing I no longer have my Windows XP install disk and have WAY too much stuff on this computer to lose anyway And I KNOW I KNOW that i should have it backed up but alas

A:Hangs at "preparing network connections" on startup

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/hangs-at-preparing-network-connections-on-startup-369507.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello Everybody

I have a Toshiba Laptop with Windows XP sp2, 3gb ram, 1.8 ghz

I tried installing a usb modem after that I couldn't find any networks under network connection. I tried all the possible solutions posted in the internet but nothing worked out. Please help me what to do next.

I did the following:

Registered three dll files as posted in many forums
Ran winsockxpfix.exe
Tried system restore
tried all the steps in microsoft troubleshooting

the last option is to uninstall the network adapters and let the windows identify the drivers when starting. When I tried doing this I couldn't uninstall the adpaters. I know there are some entries in the registry. Please help me what to do

Thanks
Bharath

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340534/missing-icons-under-network-connections/
Relevancy 105.78%

Spent MANY hours trying to troubleshoot this Problems occured after last update from Microsoft and consistent blue screens which I was able to Missing Connections & Network Icons correct in Safe Mode Seems Microsoft dumped part of SP in my ad-remove programs but now I m back to SP although there may be a conflict Now using Microsoft quot how to troubleshoot missing network connections icons in XP quot gets me to step registering the dlls Two I was able to register netcfgx dll and netman dll The third netshell dll says Missing Icons & Network Connections LoadLibrary quot netshell dll quot failed - the specified module could not be found Do I need to reinstall SP if so how If not how do I get this missing dll I ve tried microsoft but they do Missing Icons & Network Connections not address how to get this missing dll I have no computer icons to let me know I m online so no way to easily disconnect I cannot access internet connections in the control panel and no connection wizard HELP nbsp

A:Missing Icons & Network Connections

Save any data not already backed up, format the disk, install Windows, install all chipset drivers and NIC driver and get all Microsoft updates.

You'll probably spend less time doing this major surgery and will have a clean, working and up-to-date system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-icons-network-connections.550971/
Relevancy 105.78%

Recently Window Solved: Pop-Up Connections" "Network I arrived at grad school The school required that we get laptops It also required that we give them our laptops so that they could add essential software to them Well one of the programs they gave Solved: "Network Connections" Pop-Up Window us enables us to remotely connect to the school s server You only need to do this every once and a while like while checking your school email or putting files on their server Problem is ever since they added this I get a pop-up window every minute or so asking me if I want to try and re-connect It gives me two options k Modem and the School Remote Access I can t figure out how to get this window to go away I m sure it s just a checkbox for quot Prompt me when quot but I can t find it and I ve looked throughout both the k modem and the school s remote access options as they appear in that window I think the reason may be because I am on wireless at home and the computer believes I don t have a network area connection - but there must be some setting I can change to prevent this from happening right If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated Thanks Jeff nbsp

Relevancy 105.78%

I have been having problems with Norton Anti-Virus and Firewall lately Occasionally when XP to access XP Connections" "Network No folder starts up anti-virus and firewall come up as disabled No access to XP "Network Connections" folder and sit there for about a minute before becoming enabled on their own However this afternoon when I went to startup again they never enabled and just sat there disabled I manually went into Anti-Virus and to take a look and everything was turned off I tried turning my protection on and the program froze I uninstalled both programs and reinstalled and still had the same problem When I installed I tried connecting to the internet to run live update it was then that I realized I couldn t enable my LAN I tried to go through quot network connections quot to do it the old fashioned way and that s when I realized I could see my quot network connections quot folder but could not access it No matter if I went through quot Control Panel or under quot Accessories quot and quot Communications quot I could no longer access it I then tried starting my computer in safe mode with network when I accessed my quot Network Connections quot all that was there was my LAN connection I should have a DSL connection and dial-up connections I was able to enable it but when I tried double clicking on my DSL connection on my desktop nothing happened again Everything else I can access on my computer but I am unable to get on the internet since I cannot access quot Network Connections quot and when trying my internet connections on my desktop there is no response Any help would be greatly appreciated Don t want to have to format nbsp

A:No access to XP "Network Connections" folder

Just a shot in the dark, how about trying a system restore to an point when everything was ok?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-access-to-xp-network-connections-folder.280148/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi folks. This is after doing an upgrade from Server 2008 to Server 2008 R2 mind you. Not sure if that matters.

I was having problems with RDPing to my Win7 clients so I checked that remote desktop was enabled. When doing so I saw that it informed me that I had to allow rdp access in the firewall which I know had been done before. After looking around I realized that my network profile had been changed to "Public". I also noticed that my active network shows as "unauthenticated". What does this mean and how can I fix this? How did this happen? Thanks.

A:Network shows as "Unauthenticated"....Changed my network profile to "Public"

How many DCs are there in the domain?
I suggest that you remove the Windows 7 computer from the AD, and exit the Windows 7 computer from domain. Then, re-join the computer to the domain. How does it work now?
If the issue persists, please temporary disable the firewall on both computers. Also, please check if Network Location Awareness service is enabled on the server and Windows 7 computers.Arthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca343a3c-c61e-4816-9a96-d973386db2e2/network-shows-as-quotunauthenticatedquotchanged-my-network-profile-to-quotpublicquot?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi
I've come back home on holiday from university and am having trouble with reconnecting to my home wireless network.

When I started uni, I had to change settings on my browser(Firefox) and computer to connect to the university network. The instructions for which or here if they are any help (Configure your laptop/PC :: Wireless Access at Aberdeen - DIT, University of Aberdeen click on windows7).

Currently, the wireless network I'm trying to connect to is a BTHomeHub with "shared" "WEP" settings. What do my computer settings need to be for this?

Hopefully someone can help, thanks :)

A:Unable to get "Computer network settings" to match "requirements of the Network"

Go to Start/Search and type inetcpl.cpl right click the inetcpl.cpl icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. go to /Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Start/Search and type ncpa.cpl right click the ncpa.cpl icon and Run As Administrator. now Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP IPV4)/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked. Now go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD.exe icon and choose Run As Administrator. In the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. the IP Address changes to 0.0.0.0 Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew. Now type ipconfig /all. You should have a new IP address try it again. If you still cannot connect please include the text output of your ipconfig /all in your next post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-get-computer-network-settings-to-match-requirements-of-the-network-610116.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I'm hoping someone can help me, i've searched all over the internet.

I'm writing a VB application to change the settings on a clients network (from a static IP based work network, to a DHCP home network), i've managed to get it all working ... it changes the IP settings for me, and has the option to run a ping test to an external site (to check that the connection works).

However, I was wondering if there's a way to make it detect what network connections are set-up on the computer & display them in a menu (either drop-down or radio-button list) as i currently have the network connection name hard-coded into the program.

Thanks

A:Displaying "My Network Connections" in VB

One file that has the 'ad hoc' connections is ;
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk\rasphone.pbk

Some Code I use to let users disconnect from our proxy server when away from our network (it loops through domain and default gateways:

Set colAdapters = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE IPEnabled = True")

For Each objAdapter in colAdapters

If Not IsNull(objAdapter.DNSDomain) Then
'WScript.Echo " DNS domain: " & objAdapter.DNSDomain
confirm = MsgBox(" DNS domain: " & objAdapter.DNSDomain, 64, Title)
End If

If Not IsNull(objAdapter.DefaultIPGateway) Then
'WScript.Echo " Default gateway: " & objAdapter.DefaultIPGateway(i)
confirm = MsgBox(" Default gateway: " & objAdapter.DefaultIPGateway(i), 64, Title)
If objAdapter.DefaultIPGateway(i) = ADEM_Pwire Then
GW_Hold = xxxx_Pwire
End If
End If

If objAdapter.DNSDomain = xxxx Then
Domain1 = xxxx
End If

n = n + 1
Next

If Domain1 = ADEM Then
Call xxxx_Proxy()
Else
Call xxxx_NoProxy()
End If

Had to do this because I couldn't get the 'proxy' GP to behave correctly...
Anyway this stuff might help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/displaying-my-network-connections-in-vb.685568/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi,

I have win2k , and when i went to the mgmt console,

system tools\system info\software environment \network connections\

it shows that connectoins to a couple of my computers are "DEGRADED" ? What does that mean exactly and what causes that as well as what I can do to Undegrade it?

That probably explains why it's been slow moving files back and forth across the network.

Relevancy 103.63%

I'm on a Dell Laptop that has been working fine up until last week when I removed it from my house and quot regular network quot and took it with me to travel Basically I CAN connect to a network but CANNOT connect to the internet does anyone have any ideas The network will say CONNECTED Then it Connections..."IDENTYFING" Network will get stuck IDENTYFING Which results in LOCAL ONLY with LIMITED or NO INTERNET CONNECTIVITY When I try all the recommended troubleshooting tips Network Connections..."IDENTYFING" for windows i e restart DHCP renew ip etc nothing fixes the problem I've been doing research and found out that my DHCP Client is not running and I get ERROR which says it cannot start At this point I'm kind of blurry because everything is a little above my level of computer literacy but I have found out that Network Connections..."IDENTYFING" my old static ip info works Apparently if I use the old ip subnet default info and manually enter it in the ipv properties instead of quot automatically obtain quot then the internet connection works But of course this only works when I'm home with my home network which is wireless So if you have any advice on how to get the DHCP client working and be able to connect to networks outside of my home that would be very helpful Sincerely Confused

A:Network Connections..."IDENTYFING"

At home, are you on a router? If so, and if your router works like most, the DHCP server should reside on the router itself and the client on your notebook.

Are you saying the DHCP client on your notebook is throwing errors?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/266389-network-connections-identyfing.html
Relevancy 103.63%

When in windows 8.1 and I look at the wireless connections, there is no option to right click and choose "properties" to where you could see the password if need be, etc. Is this no longer an option in windows 8.1? Is there another place to see these settings as they are in widows 7?

A:Where to look at "properties" for network connections?

goto control panel
goto network and internet
click network and sharing
click change adapter settings
should be too able that way.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67162-where-look-properties-network-connections.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I've probably deleted icons All Network empty, move/missing Connections cannot some system files accidently while trying to get rid of a stuborn software Right now Local Area Connection ADSL dialup and Volume icons on the taskbar are missing Start Connect to ADSL icon empty the icon on the desktop could not open Show All Network Connections empty Right click on the desktop bar Tools Show Desktop Task Manager Lock Taskbar Property Taskbar Start manual are all gone only Restore the Lauguagebar Adding Icons in Taskbar Adjust the Language Band Position Settings left Control Panel Sounds and Audio Devices Volume - No Audio Device Device volume Speaker settings options are all grey as well as Sound playback recording Audio Default Device All Network Connections empty, icons cannot move/missing Voice Opening a Word document quot This document could not be registered It will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document F Desktop 'name of the opened doc ' quot Right key cannot drag a document nor copy or move all icons on the desktop cannot move Forward backword arrows in a folder are disappeared Inserting a XP CD into the DVD drive could not pickup enough speed to repair CD-RW drive cannot open now yet quot This device is working properly quot From quot Windows is starting up quot to get into the desktop usually took a second but now takes a munute Icons showed up on the desktop also take too long Starting time for this machine from seconds before to - minutes now Starting system core Items consumed up to seconds I've installed dual language XPs on the same HD Right now I'm able to connect to the web by using a non English XP portion Is there a way I can dig the good files out and copy them to the troubled ones Great thanks for any reply

A:All Network Connections empty, icons cannot move/missing

Go to Start/Run and type chkdsk C: /R and press enter. A DOS window appears, type a Y for Yes and restart the computer. Check Disk will start at next bootup and try to fix any files. This will take a long time.
Once that is complete, if that didn't fix it. Go to Start/Run and type SFC /scannow press enter. Put the XP CD in and it will replace any missing system files. If this still fails, you can try an XP Repair Install, this might mess up your dual boot however.
You may need to reinstall Microsoft Office. And your ADSL software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/all-network-connections-empty-icons-cannot-move-missing-937570.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I have an old Sony Vaio (VGN S4HP, to be precise), recently reinstalled XP and now I cannot get to connect to my wireless router network. Tried practically everything proposed on older threads but nothing worked. I may be wrong, but I believe the problem was present before the reinstall so the local techie had to set up a static IP to connect to the router. How do I go about doing this myself? I don't have my router's manual.

A:Wireless Stuck On "Acquiring network address", setting up static IP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-stuck-on-acquiring-network-address-setting-up-static-ip.1097609/
Relevancy 103.63%

I recently bought my son a D-Link DWA-25 USB Wireless adapter for his desktop but I can't seem to get it to work. Not matter what I do (I have tried every bit of advice this wonderful forum has to offer) and so for all I get is "Acquiring Network Address." When I run ipconfig, it returns and ip address of 0.0.0.0 and a subnet mask of 0.0.0.0. Customer service for D-Link and Qwest were useless (spent most of the time blaming each other), so any help you guys and gals can lend me would be stupendous.

A:Stuck on "Acquiring Network Address" for Wireless Adapter on Windows XP

(from a JohnWill post)

IP addresses of 0.0.0.0 are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
1. DHCP Service not running.
2. Duplicate IP address on the network.
3. Bad NIC card drivers.
4. Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
1. Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.
2. Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, reboot the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.
3. Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.
4. Replace the Network Interface Card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-acquiring-network-address-for-wireless-adapter-on-windows-xp.971660/
Relevancy 103.63%

So this morning I at Network CPU 100% Places" stuck Unable open usage. "My to freezes. went to class with my Dell Latitude D laptop and connected to my schools wireless network with no problem CPU stuck at 100% usage. Unable to open "My Network Places" freezes. I shut down and when CPU stuck at 100% usage. Unable to open "My Network Places" freezes. I got home and started up my CPU was stuck at usage I noticed this when I tried to open quot My Network Places quot since I normally switch to a cable connection at home and turn off the wireless I did a McAfee virus scan and came up clean The only significant changes I can think of doing recently was converting my external Seagate drive from FAT to NTFS HIJACKTHIS LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver StartAutorun exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver KMConfig exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver KMProcess exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files LOLReplay LOLRecorder exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver KMWDSrv exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system rpcnet exe C WINDOWS system StacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McScript InUse exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaws exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jaucheck exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Bennett Colangelo My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www robattle net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlin... Read more

A:CPU stuck at 100% usage. Unable to open "My Network Places" freezes.

Sorry but I tried to edit the original post and couldn't.

I have recognized that the process which is taking up 90% CPU is called "services.exe" if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-stuck-at-100-usage-unable-to-open-my-network-places-freezes.992622/
Relevancy 103.63%

I put in the wireless software, typed in the correct ID and password, and it says I'm connected, but I'm not, and the network icon on the taskbar is stuck on "acquiring network address".

The wired computer is working fine, so there's definitely no problem there.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the adapter, but that didn't do anything.

Tried restarted the computer. That didn't do anything, either.

What's the problem?

I'm not sure if this will help any, but just so you know, I recently reinstalled Windows on this computer. Not sure if that's relevant or not.

A:Solved: My wireless computer is stuck on "acquiring network address"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-wireless-computer-is-stuck-on-acquiring-network-address.1088461/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi guys i have purchase two wireless routers by mistake one Belkin G Wireless Router F D computers address" "acquiring some router, network Netgear in stuck - and one Netgear Rangemax N WPN N it is amaizing to see that the belking one is about the size of the netgear and it performs just AWESOME so simply and quot troublefree quot In the Netgear router, some computers stuck in "acquiring network address" other hand i have this netgear its cute but it is BIG SLOW at start up and once i disconnect one of the devices using its internet its impossible to get connected again The only reason why i am stuck with the netgear is because the wifi on off button ok here is the problem in more details just to give you an idea and to help you to help me to discard pc configs related issues ALL my devices were connected without ANY problem The device list is -LAPTOP LAN -LAPTOP WIFI -POCKETPC WIFI -PALM WIFI -phone WIFI But when i use the netgear router only three of the devices get connected the laptop is stuck in quot acquiring network address quot and the pocket pc show is connected but i cant navigate Clue in the laptop if i turn it off suspend or hibernate while it says quot acquiring network address quot when i get it back it connects automatically without problem but if i disconnect it manually or if i turn off and nn the router if i want it surfing the web i have to suspend then bring it back again OR Clue when i disable all security option i mean instead quot WPA-PSK TKIP quot i choose quot NONE quot all of the them get connected and working

A:Netgear router, some computers stuck in "acquiring network address"

Hi Kharl, is this setting on your Netgear in use ????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270072-netgear-router-some-computers-stuck-acquiring-network-address.html
Relevancy 103.2%

I've had my Dell Inspiron for a few months now but from the time I first booted it up I've been riddled with problems My latest one concerns the wireless connection After using the built in wireless card for a few minutes it will suddenly cut out and show as alternating between having full connection and only one bar every second or so Other devices at the same range have no problem when this occurs and it doesn't happen while wired A very temporary work around as in a few minutes is to diagnose the adapter within control panel So far I've gotten around this by using an external wireless adapter However that too has its fair share of problems Its status will suddenly show that I have no internet access again other devices at the same distance work perfectly fine Diagnosing it does nothing and disabling and reenabling of through the Network Adapters window in the control panel shows a window saying quot Enabling quot with the loading Built-in stuck adapter on network problems "Enabling..." and icon as the cursor and seems to freeze on that Any help for either or both of these problems is much appreciated Cheers

A:Built-in network adapter problems and stuck on "Enabling..."

Hi AJMac and welcome to Seven Forums. Have you tried uninstalling the driver for your wireless adapter and then reinstalling it? If you go to the Dell website you should be able to download the driver for your wireless adapter and give that a shot. Support for Home Users | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271387-built-network-adapter-problems-stuck-enabling.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Hi guys I'm new to this forums so please be patient with me I recently got rid of a virus but i think it did some damage to the computer I know that it deleted some Network to connecting stuck "identifying" not public is & internet, on registry files for firewall but I fixed that following some other advice from other threads on here but the next issue I have is that I cant get on the internet and the network status keeps saying quot identifying Network is not connecting to internet, stuck on "identifying" & public quot I do not want to clean install because Network is not connecting to internet, stuck on "identifying" & public I have a lot of things on this computer and re-installing Win is my LAST resort I have a Verzion DSL Westell W modem that I have had for more than years now It is still working and all my laptops work on wireless just fine I also tried to see if it is the cable by connecting it to one of my laptops and using the connection on LAN and it is just fine too So it is not the cable However when I plug it into my desktop HP w it is continually searching for the network and keeps saying quot identifying quot There is no connection and no internet I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the network adapter driver did a SFC scannow repair unplugged the modem and shut down the computer to reset them checked the properties for the local area connections to make sure they are on auto disabling and enabling the connection diagnosing the issue troubleshoot couldnt ID the problem I don't know what else to do The modem is fine and I never had a problem with this desktop until the virus I think it damaged some setting or something so that the network adapter doesnt recognize the internet Thanks in advance for your help I really appreciate it Here's a screenshot of what it looks like And I also included my ipconfig idk if that's important or not

A:Network is not connecting to internet, stuck on "identifying" & public

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Your computer might still be infected if it's stuck on Identifying.

Try running Free SuperAntiSpyware, see if it helps.

Check all your Network Services as well, see if they are all on Started mode including their Dependencies, check the Dependency Tab for that.
Click on start and type services.msc press enter. On Dependency Tab, check the Dependecies make sure that they are also Started.

• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• WLAN AutoConfig (for Vista and Windows 7 only)
• Workstation

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203730-network-not-connecting-internet-stuck-identifying-public.html
Relevancy 103.2%

I recently set up a computer running windows xp at a new house that already has a secure charter network. I am using a wireless n-1 belkin usb adapter to connect and every time it recieves a signal, and gets to the aquiring network address stage and sits there for about a minute before telling me there is no connection. When I click on the details link off of the popup for this it tells me that the network would not assign a network address. I know that the network itself is working fine because I have this computer hooked up the same way. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

A:Connection utility stuck on "aquiring network address"

Well, from the description, it sounds like you either don't have the correct encryption key, or MAC filtering is enabled on the router and your MAC address isn't in the table.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-utility-stuck-on-aquiring-network-address.790716/
Relevancy 103.2%

I know this problem has been discussed many times on various forums but none of the solutions worked for me I was hoping some of the knowledgeable people here might help me I m running a Windows XP Dell laptop A few days ago I completely reformatted the computer because it was just starting to run slow I reinstalled Windows from the factory CD and downloaded the latest drivers from Dell s website Now suddenly after the reformat my network connection gets stuck on quot Acquiring network address quot Running ipconfig shows either or network Solved: stuck "Acquiring address" on Wireless a blank space for each field Other laptops in the Solved: Wireless stuck on "Acquiring network address" house work fine I did discover that I can get it to say quot Connected quot if I go into the advanced settings and manually enter an IP address and Solved: Wireless stuck on "Acquiring network address" use the subnet and gateway from my desktop s ipconfig results The problem is that I can t actually get on the internet It just says it s quot connected quot Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 103.2%

Hi all I m having what seems to me a weird networking problem I ve spent the last day looking up and trying suggestions online to no avail so thought I d describe it here and see if anyone has any other ideas Here s what s happened days ago my Gateway laptop running Windows Home Premium bit began to intermittently lose internet connection I d have connection long enough to click through a few links about seconds maybe but then lose it and get the yellow warning triangle on the networking icon Any webpages loading would eventually time out After a minute or so the connection would be back only to go out again soon thereafter I contacted my ISP home, on at issues network no elsewhere One "Identifying" Laptop stuck Suddenlink when this began Sunday and they said they d had some outages reported However my wife s laptop had no issues nor did my tablet or Xbox I was able to stream an entire baseball game Sunday afternoon while continuing to have intermittent connection on my laptop Monday morning this was still happening so I started searching for ideas online I confirmed that the connection worked fine when wired to the router I tried various things none of which resolved the problem I am sure I won t remember them all but here are what I do remember Powered One Laptop stuck on "Identifying" network at home, no issues elsewhere modem and router off and back on Ran complete malwarebytes scan and MSE scan found nothing Disabled and enabled wireless card Turned off windows firewall tried to connect no dice turned it back on Did a system restore to several days before the problem started Changed it from automatic DNS to an assigned DNS server tried both Google s and OpenDNS s Changed it from automatically assigned IP to manually configured One Laptop stuck on "Identifying" network at home, no issues elsewhere I wasn t sure what IP address to assign What I did was find the IP address on my wife s laptop and replace the last number which was for her with a Cleared flush the DNS cache I also reset a few things in the command prompt but I can t remember what and now can t find the website that suggested that I believe they have returned things having to do with tcp to defaults I attempted to update the firmware on my Linksys router but foolishly forgot to plug in the LAN and it lost connection mid-update After that the internet didn t work for any device in the house Oops I went out to buy a new router and while I was out took my laptop to a Panera to try to determine whether the problem was with the router or my computer I surfed the net for an hour there and never lost connection Confidently believing to have pinpointed the router as the problem I set up my new router Internet again works fine for all other devices on the network Internet works fine when I plug my laptop into the router with an Ethernet cable But my laptop can t connect wirelessly In the Network and Sharing Center the wireless connection gets stuck on Identifying for about seconds then the icons briefly indicate a connection then it immediately goes back to Identifying This repeats indefinitely I ve got absolutely no computer or networking expertise so I m out of ideas If the other computers on our home network weren't working I'd think the problem was with the router or modem If my computer hadn't worked on a differnet network I'd think that the problem was with the computer maybe the wireless cared But now I don't know what to think I attempted to contact Gateway support but apparently my warranty has expired Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Folks in the threads I read tend to ask for ipconfig all so I ll go ahead and post that If there s any other info that would be helpful please just ask Thanks Steve C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Steve-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Co... Read more

A:One Laptop stuck on "Identifying" network at home, no issues elsewhere

From the ipconfig you are showing a valid IP for both connections so most likely something is blocking the wireless from connecting. Most likely which ever third party anti virus software you have may be blocking the connection.

Removing the Atheros wireless driver in Device Manager and rebooting may also help to get the correct driver installed.

Also it's best to go to the Network and Sharing Center, look left for "Manage Wireless Connections" remove the old profile and create a new one using the new credentials. I really don't see any problems at all with the ipconfig and you should be connected.

You could also try uninstalling which ever third party A/V is being used with the special uninstall tool.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292579-one-laptop-stuck-identifying-network-home-no-issues-elsewhere.html
Relevancy 103.2%

I have a Dell desktop computer with windows xp. The internert was working fine until i connected my Moto Q phone to it and since then i have been getting "acquiring network address". The computer is connected a router with 3 other computer and all the other are working fine.

A:Can't access the internet at all; Stuck on "acquiring network address"

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and model of the broadband modem.
Make and model of the router.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make/model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

On any problem computer, I'd also like to see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-the-internet-at-all-stuck-on-acquiring-network-address.653565/
Relevancy 102.77%

About a week ago I had at "Identifying" stuck & Sharing Network Center to unplug and move my computer and when I plugged it in after vacuuming out the case it was making a horrible sound I thought I had a problem with my CPU cooling fan but it was Network & Sharing Center stuck at "Identifying" my power supply cooling fan of course I had already bought a replacement CPU fan but when I started up the computer on Friday night to try to copy Network & Sharing Center stuck at "Identifying" some stuff I needed the computer wouldn't connect to the internet I've always had it plugged straight into the modem with a cat cable and I used the same cable but when I opened the Network and Sharing Center it was stuck at quot Identifying quot I Googled for a solution but with my power supply going out I don't really want to turn it on and start trying things so my question is should I just give up and buy a new computer This one is six years old and has been on for all of those years so maybe moving it and stirring up all of the dust inside has finally killed it The computer worked great until I decided to vacuum it out and I really like the case but since I already need to replace the power supply and I know that there's a problem connecting to my home network should I just get a new one it would definitely be one with Win and not or And if I do get another computer is it pretty easy to connect my old hard drive to it

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/401029-network-sharing-center-stuck-identifying.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Architecture:
1.    Active directory Domain
2.    Windows 7 Pro clients joined to the domain.
Issue:
after a windows update about 10/15 days ago, randomly both desktops and/or laptops (various brands):
1.    Keyboard and network stuck. Oddly, mouse works.
2.    It?s possible only power off the client.
3.    Restoring system to a previous state using Restore Point doesn?t work, after a reboot, randomly, keyboard and network stuck.
4.    If Windows is not joined to the domain or in safe mode, than it works without issues.
Can you help me?
Thanks, in advance.
Best Regards.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2a1e341b-d2fd-4963-89de-47b671c8b457/client-with-windows-7-pro-quotkeyboard-and-networkquot-stuck?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi guys, I have done a lot of research to try to solve this proble, but it seems like every problem is specific to the computer/router that you have.
I have a compaq nc6400 with windows xp professional,
when i do an ipconfig,
my ip address is 0.0.0.0
and my subenet mask is 0.0.0.0
there is nothing listed under connection-specific dns suffix, or default gateway.

My router is either a linksys wrt310n, or a linksys wcg200 (I am living in an apartment where the landlord set up 2 routers, so I am not sure which one I am connecting to)

I also know that my connection works with other computers because I can access the connection fine with my other computer (where I am typing from right now)
Please help me with the huge headache!
Thanks

Relevancy 102.77%

This is driving me crazy! My wireless internet connection works fine, but when I try to connect to the internet with a hardwire, the Local Area Connection is stuck on "acquiring network address"

I ran the ipconfig and this is what I got for my Local Area Connection:
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-D4-35-A6-1F
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

I can tell that it should not be saying this, but how can I fix this to make it work? Any help would be appreciated!

A:Solved: stuck on "acquiring network address"!

(from a JohnWill post)

IP addresses of 0.0.0.0 are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
1. DHCP Service not running.
2. Duplicate IP address on the network.
3. Bad NIC card drivers.
4. Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
1. Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.
2. Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, reboot the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.
3. Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.
4. Replace the Network Interface Card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-stuck-on-acquiring-network-address.714855/
Relevancy 102.34%

As soon as I start an application (Cadence Allegro PCB Designer 16.5 but I don't think it's relevant) my CPU usage gets to the roof and stays there long after I killed the application and I believe I every associated process. The CPU usage is so high that the battery will be drained after about 45 minutes (It usually last about 3 hours).

According to my task manager the responsible is "Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)". As a matter of fact, preventing the executable from accessing the network sort of solves the issue. I don't believe I need that executable to access the network but I'd like to understand what kind of network service can consume that much CPU (was actually affraid of overheating) and to know if there's a more appropriate way to solve this. Thanks.

A:"Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)" High CPU Usage

Hi Lous!

I'm having the complete same error with another one of Cadences programs, OrCAD.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/9167-service-host-local-system-network-restricted-high-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hey,

Lately I have been starting to get a notification - "Windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown" - after waking up my computer. It restarts fine, but my Volume, Network, and Power icons are gone in the taskbar when this happens. I can't see if there was any errors because my Computer is always in Sleep Mode when it happens.

I run scans daily with Avast and MalwareBytes, and there's no viruses. I've also disabled some startup programs recently, so that might be affecting it. I know how to Re-Enable the icons, it's just a pain to do and I'd like to see if it's anything serious.

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Merry Christmas,
Verticity

A:Windows "recovers from an unexpected shutdown" with no Power, Network, & Volume Icons

Hello, you could start out with some software checks. System Files - SFC Command and this : Check Disk - chkdsk

If good, go to a hardware check : www.carrona.org Got memory and hard drive checks there.

Also. check for malware using your antivirus program and free of Malwarebytes. : Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294243-windows-recovers-unexpected-shutdown-no-power-network-volume-icons.html
Relevancy 102.34%

I pretty much don't really know much about my p c system as I'm not usually the one looking into the works of my p c In fact all I know is what I've seen others do So forgive me restricted)(11)" eating virtual (network Local system "service memory host: in my ignorance I've looked around and saw that either no one has my issue or if they do the fixes are generally confusing nbsp I bought a laptop with windows bout - months ago I not sure if the issues started when I upgraded to windows or just afterwards but they've been going on for a few weeks My computer is running out of virtual memory at the most random times Usually it starts to run out of virtual memory after a couple of days of it being left on with standby If I close most my active programs the memory changes by - If I have "service host: Local system (network restricted)(11)" eating virtual memory more then four programs open at this stage it warns me that my virtual memory is being used up I am usually using Chrome or firefox but that would refuse to stay open for more then seconds so I uninstalled it steam chatting only musicbee and task manager Task manager usage http i imgur com qpRPBxqh jpg Warning nbsp http i imgur com X TK png My only virus scan is Windows defender and it claims no threats were detected nbsp I have gig of ram but I'm not positive how to check virtual memory Or even where to start with fixing this issue nbsp Anyway thank you in advance and if you need more information just let me know

A:"service host: Local system (network restricted)(11)" eating virtual memory

Hi,
First, let me explain that Virtual memory is used when your RAM is filled up or when you put a laptop into hibernate mode (hibernate mode essentially dumps your RAM onto the hard drive so it can pick up where it left off even after power is shut off).
Since the general shut down of Windows 8 or 8.1 likes a combined hibernate  so that windows can start up quickly, I consider that this issue is caused by such shut down and fast boot.
I suggest we disable fast boot to check the issue:
To Turn "Fast Startup" On or Off in System Settings on this article:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html
Also, we can try to reset virtual memory to see what?s going on.
Configure Virtual Memory in Windows 8
http://www.trainingtech.net/configure-virtual-memory-in-windows-8/
If the issue persists, please test it in Clean boot mode:
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the issue doesn?t appear, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic
half services.
If the issue persists in Clean boot mode, let?s run Process explorer to view which program calling service host causing this issue, and we can remove it to see what?s going on:

Process Explorer v15.40
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
Detail steps you can refer this blog:
How to troubleshoot high cpu in the System process
http://blogs.technet.com/b/yongrhee/archive/2009/08/07/how-to-troubleshoot-high-cpu-in-the-system-process.aspx
It could help you to determine which process detailed under svhost.exe cause the issue.
Keep post.Kate Li
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/96deedbe-b1c1-45b5-9428-e6938f48d81d/quotservice-host-local-system-network-restricted11quot-eating-virtual-memory?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 102.34%

I also have a network sharing service problem -

Vista displays, occasion (and I havent worked out WHAT occasions yet):

"windows media player network sharing service stopped working and was closed" - followed by some bulls?$t about windows informing me of a solution when it becomes available

This pop up appears relentlessly - about once every 30 seconds, and i can see the system performance hitting 100% CPU for 5 seconds or so each time it does.

I did what is suggested on here - ie disable the service - and it STILL comes up with the eror. Any ideas????

A:"windows media player network sharing service stopped working and was closed"

As an addendum - I think this happens when I'm doing any type of install - e.g. windows update, service pack, etc

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/52453-windows-media-player-network-sharing-service-stopped-working-closed.html
Relevancy 101.91%

I am running a Dell Inspiron M with Windows XP I have been connected to my apartment s internet through a LAN cable for about a month with no problems Yesterday I left my computer for about minutes and came back to find that it was "acquiring on network Stuck address" disconnected I tried disabling and reenabling the icon in network connections and also tried restarting I ve also run AdAware Spybot and HijackThis and come up with nothing out of the ordinary Basically when I enable it it goes to quot acquiring network address quot and then gets stuck there for a couple minutes Finally it switches to quot limited or no connectivity quot with an Stuck on "acquiring network address" error triangle icon I ve tried plugging my laptop in to my roommates jacks and they work fine Unfortunately none of them have laptops so I can t try plugging them Stuck on "acquiring network address" into my jack But I ve concluded that the problem seems to be with my computer I ve done some Google searches and from those results I ve tried disabling TCP-IP even though I didn t have two TCP-IPs I thought it was still worth a try it didn t work though so I put it back using Winsockxpfix using Dell s Driver Reset Tool etc I found this post here lt http forums techguy org history t- html gt which seems to be the same problem but Stuck on "acquiring network address" even though I went to the link that was given I couldn t really get a clear idea of what I was supposed to do to fix it I thought that Winsockxpfix would do it but it didn t Also I CAN currently access the internet through a wireless connection however it s from the cafe next door so the connection isn t very good Thank you in advance for ANY help that you can provide -Laura nbsp

Relevancy 101.91%

I have an old Compaq on which I installed eXPerience's Mini XP. After I installed the correct network driver, it is stuck at the "Acquiring Network Address" step. Any ideas?

Note: Mini XP is basically a stripped down version of XP Pro; no IE, WMP.

A:Stuck "Acquiring Network Address"

Hi and welcome. I can't say that I've ever heard of that. Where did you get it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-acquiring-network-address.438440/
Relevancy 101.91%

Hi, I recently built a computer myself and decided to connect it to our internet, it connects to the wireless router but it keeps saying identifying the network and has a X between the network and internet. I tryed both wireless and wired.

Do I have to change any setting of the PC or router? (im using a D-link DIR-615 wireless router)

Thanks.

A:Network status stuck on "Identifying..."

Try going to the Network and Sharing Center and then Manage Wireless Networks. Where you should be able to use the wireless network set up wizard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103026-network-status-stuck-identifying.html
Relevancy 101.91%

I have a Dell Latitude D laptop and my OS is Windows XP Home Premium For awhile now I ve been unable to properly execute Malwarebytes as I assume to "acquiring Stuck access" network at be the Stuck at "acquiring network access" result of malicious threats viruses trojans etc I managed to run CCleaner to clean my registry and Avast to try and clear up whatever it can of such threats however after restarting I ve lost internet connection and I m stuck on quot acquiring network access quot Right now I m using a friends laptop to be able to look up info for help I do suspect it to be a Stuck at "acquiring network access" problem with quot netbt sys quot because I am unable to start DHCP after finding out that it is disabled When I go to administrative tools gt services Stuck at "acquiring network access" gt DHCP client and try to turn it on I receive quot Error Dependency service or group failed to start Does anyone think they can help me out Thanks a ton nbsp

Relevancy 101.91%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Address" Network in Stuck "Acquiring Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Base Board Version Base Board Serial Number Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Stuck in "Acquiring Network Address" I have been using my Acer Netbook for months I travel a lot and use internet cafe wifi to access the net I had had no problems until last July when I tried to access the net from a cafe I had used successfully before It was a secure network When I tried to connect the process became stuck in quot Acquiring network Address quot I moved to a different cafe and I got a normal connection Throughout the next months the problem recurred a certain wifi cafes but not others In January this year I travelled as usual to visit my son in New Zealand I was able to make a connection immediately without entering any network code I had used it the previous year I also logged on at the flat I was renting using the network code provided by the landlord I was having some problems with my netbook and decided to reinstall my operating system I now get stuck in the quot Acquiring network Address quot at my son s I can access by cable I could access the net normally at my rented flat I have read various threads about people with similar problems but none of the solutions I could understand that I tried work There does not seem to be any logic to this problem Glad of any help especially as I shall soon be travelling again nbsp

Relevancy 101.91%

I'm trying to connect my machine to a network over (wired) LAN. The connection (including internet) works fine in general, but when I open the "Network and Sharing Center", under "View your active networks" it only says "Identifying..." and the network name never appears. I think it has something to do with the (Cisco) routers not supporting the "Broadcast" flag, but disabling it in the registry didn't help either.

I need to set my network type to home, but in order to do that Windows needs to recognize it first...

A:Network status stuck on "Identifying..."

I would try resetting the modem and router (while your pc is off)... Then powering on the modem first, waiting for connectivity light... once modem is ready, plug in router... wait till it's active then start your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/64680-network-status-stuck-identifying.html
Relevancy 101.91%

hello,

on my Samsung Laptop, using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

The location for the network is now stuck in Public with no option to change it back to Home.
Internet works ok, but the icon of the network says Not connected.

Any way to set this back to Home?

Have tried the Microsoft Fix-It solution to no avail.

Thank you

Jadan

Relevancy 101.91%

I have a Dell laptop. I can't connect to the internet. I have good signal to the wireless router, but it gets stuck on acquiring the network address. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

A:Stuck on "aquiring network address"

turn off pc
unplug router and modem
wait 2 minutes plug in modem
wait about 20 seconds
plug in router
boot up pc
post back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-aquiring-network-address.784814/
Relevancy 101.05%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello, I have a desktop here where any type of OS installations won't work. If installing Windows the installation get stuck at "Starting Windows" or can't find installation media.During the hang, my hard drive makes a clicking noise for like 10 secs and then stops. If installing Linux distributions, the installation reports that the device for the media is not ready. Any help is appreciated

PC
Acer Aspire AX1430G-UW30P
AMD E-450 dual core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6300 graphics

BTW im not sure if it's BIOS because I don't know if it's UEFI or EFI

A:Windows installation stuck at "Starting Windows" or "Device not ready" for linux

The clicking sound could be a bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-installation-stuck-at-starting-windows-or-device-not-ready-for-linux-1143458.html
Relevancy 99.76%

yeah. I have a new compaq laptop running vista home.

I am trying to setup and connect to my wireless network manually.

I go into network + internet, network and sharing center, and click "set up a connection or network"

in other versions of vista there is usually a "Manually connect to a wireless network" option.

BUT IT'S MISSING NOW. SO HOW DO I ENTER MY SSID MANUALLY? WTF?

No wonder why people say vista sucks.

How can I select Manually connect to a wireless network + enter my SSID so I can connect?

Thanks

-RedWizard

A:"Manually connect to a wireless network" option missing... WTF?

Well... If you go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > on the left side of the window click Manage network Connections you should see your wireless network, double click it, click Wireless Profiles > Security and there you can manually setup your wireless security options

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/manually-connect-to-a-wireless-network-option-missing-wtf.663486/
Relevancy 99.76%

Was attempting to get rid of registry "Map Drive" Network after edit. hasty menu missing item some ghosted network drives which no longer exist - I'd tried everything until I came "Map Network Drive" menu item missing after hasty registry edit. upon this thread How do I REMOVE a Network Drive and the horse it rode in on I scrolled to the bottom and saw the registry edit I went to my own registry and though I did not see a folder in that location named quot Mountpoint key quot I did have one called quot MountPoints quot inside which I found entries for all of the old now-nonexistent drives I had been accessing over the network So rather stupidly thinking these were causing the problem deleted "Map Network Drive" menu item missing after hasty registry edit. any entry that had an old drive name in it there were of them I left the default entry in there After doing that and restarting the old ghost drives were indeed gone from my Computer window but "Map Network Drive" menu item missing after hasty registry edit. I discovered when attempting to re-map the new ones that when going to the Tools menu to quot Map Network Drive quot that the menu item was missing I can still access drives over the network thru the Network panel on the left side of the window System Restore was not engaged so no going back to a previous restore point Thanks for any advice help or insight you can provide

A:"Map Network Drive" menu item missing after hasty registry edit.

I managed to fix this with a bit more research. Got the menu item to appear again, this time with another regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

http://i.imgur.com/Ib5ZH.jpg

I set "NoNetConnectDisconnect" to a value of zero, and rebooted, and it was fine after that.

Not sure how or why, but after this incident I have properly engaged System Restore.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213213-map-network-drive-menu-item-missing-after-hasty-registry-edit.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I am constantly having connectivity problems on a wired connection in Windows and when I run quot Troubleshoot problems quot on the or protocols missing computer" more network this are "One on network connection "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" I sporadically get the prompt quot One or more network protocols are missing on this computer quot and yet even after quot fixing quot this issue with the troubleshooter web pages still struggle to load and later the "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" same prompt appears in the troubleshooter I've tried the following things to help "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" remedy the problem - Tried connecting a different computer to the network with the same ethernet cable no issues there - The aforementioned troubleshooter quot fix quot - Updated network adapter drivers - In elevated command prompt sfc scannow this finds corrupt files but cannot repair them - In elevated command promt DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Restorehealth also tried with a windows ESD file both of which give a quot cant find source quot error - Reset Windows both with keeping files and a fresh reset - In place upgrade of Windows I'm at a loss of what else can be done as this issue is just not going away

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/48050-one-more-network-protocols-missing-computer.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I've heard about this a lot and have never seen a solid solution it's happening off and on for me now on my desktop and I'd like to get it fixed before it becomes a problem It started lessish than a week ago I think I was able to hit troubleshoot problems on the network and it'd fix Then it suddenly started not fixing it I tried a lot I can't remember everything I did but I did a lot of fiddling with settings I started backing up my stuff to do a system restore and went away from the computer to allow it to do all it's jazz about an hour passed and I came back and it was inexplicably working again No rhyme or "One is computer" missing no this Oh protocols network or on more reason Maybe two days passed and it happened again I started by going to reset the router and then it just shut off EVERYTHING Router would turn on but everyone else in the house lost wifi and no one could do anything about it After maybe minutes it turned back on for the same inexplicable reasons I did a system restore anyways just to be safe and it hasn't happened for a few days Then today my brother upstairs and on the other side of the house lost wifi he went and unplugged the router and plugged it back in and I got quot One or more network protocols is missing on this computer quot So I went over to unplug and replug at the moment not Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer" knowing he had done it and I learned that he had and he STILL wasn't getting wifi We reset various times over the last ish minutes trying stuff and now it's suddenly working again My dad says he unplugged his android box and it started working again and this is apparently the second time that's worked but I've Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer" been having this problem pretty much privately and he wouldn't have unplugged it so I think that was coincidence and it was just waiting for enough time to pass again I'm really not sure what to do about this anymore I have wifi right now but who the heck knows how long that will last for

A:Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer"

Try this. Solved One or more network protocols are missing, solution - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41277-oh-no-one-more-network-protocols-missing-computer.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I am trying to configure a home network to share printers and files, but for some reason one of my two computers cannot see the other. My laptop cannot see my desktop when I go to "Network" but it can see my other wireless devices. My desktop can see everything on the network, including the laptop. I have checked all the firewalls, including McAfee settings.

One thing that I found to be strange was that in Network Properties for my wireless network, the desktop shows "networking" AND "sharing" tabs, but the laptop is missing the "sharing" tab. I think that this might be the problem.

Also, I forgot to mention that the desktop can ping the laptop, but the laptop will not ping the desktop.

Thank you for the help

A:"Sharing" tab is missing in network properties

Welcome to the forum
Some possible answers
Sharing tab is missing on Wireless network connection properties - Vista Help
http://www.winvistatips.com/sharing-...s-t117535.html

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286407-sharing-tab-missing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 98.47%

This happened after the latest major update I've tried the following steps with no success sfc scannow This showed no errors netsh advfirewall reset netsh int ip reset netsh int are or more on this missing network "one protocols computer" ipv reset netsh int ipv reset netsh winsock reset "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer" This command did not work originally until I went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControl and changed "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer" Control NSI folder permission to everyone This box was unchecked again after reboot ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew Disabling and Renabling the Network Adapter within device manager Uninstalling the driver Installing the latest drivers both from the Asrock intel website and googling my network adapter I saw the fix where someone deletes the Windows WIN and WIN and replaces with a clean Windows version in this registry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock - Did not work also it gave me a new problem no ethernet something which troubleshoot can't also fix Finally Reset W Still get the same error Been almost two weeks now I don't have internet This is so disappointing I read so many topics regarding this and not even a sure fix Hope someone can help It's been weeks now I'm so close pirating to W just to make everything work again

A:"one or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

I had this today and coincidentally did all of your items 1 - 6 with no luck (I guess we looked at the same sites for recommendations). It just degenerated from "One or more protocols missing" to saying it was connected to "unknown network" with no internet access and I couldn't ping my router (despite having an IP address assigned). Then ping stopped working completely with "general failure".

I've just completed a repair install and it has fixed it (which was quite a surprise actually, I didn't think it would).

You could give it a try if you can download a Windows 10 ISO somehow Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35965-one-more-network-protocols-missing-computer.html
Relevancy 97.18%

So guys I have been having this problem for several days One day I noticed that my wireless internet icon was gone from the taskbar I thought that s easy I d set it to show from Network Connections However when I went to Control Panel Network Connections would not open no hourglass or Network service Solved: start, wireless no Connections cannot network icon anything Nothing So I went to services msc and sure enough Network Connections was disabled I set it to Manual and tried to start it I got the error quot Could not start Network Connections on Local Computer xc quot This is bringing me down because I ve searched for an answer online for days nothing worked I tried using regsvr to register netshell dll but I got the error quot netshell dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file cannot be registered quot I have Windows XP Home Edition SP I have scanned for viruses with avast Home Edition Solved: Network Connections service cannot start, no wireless network icon found nothing And very surprisingly I still have internet But I travel so I need to choose my wireless networks and this way I can t Thank you in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-connections-service-cannot-start-no-wireless-network-icon.758745/
Relevancy 96.75%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi,

On one of my Win7 Enterprise PCs, the "Add Network Place" entry is missing when I double-click on the Network Neighborhood icon. Anyone have any thoughts?

GaryK

A:"Add Network Place" missing

Open Computer from shortcut or Explorer.

In right pane, do you get the option when right clicking?

I might have misunderstood though, is this what you are trying to get?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/370745-add-network-place-missing.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Can someone please tell me how to restore the "Add Network Place" icon in XP. It's normally found in the right pane when you click on "My Network Places". But it is gone on my computer. Can you please tell me know how I can get it back to that -specific- location?

Thank you.

A:Help: "Add Network Place" is missing in XP?

Where in the right pane? You mean as a file or folder?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-add-network-place-is-missing-in-xp.898281/
Relevancy 96.32%

HI all,my onboard LAN ethernet adapter is no longer showing in Device Manager, it's just dissappeared all of a sudden, was there and working until a few days ago, no hardware changes made.
i've tried disabling and re-enabling in the BIOS.
im using windows 7 prof 64bit

anyone can help me??
troubleshooter said that "none of network adapter is instaled"
the light in adapter didnt blink yet when i plugged lan cable

A:my "network adapter" missing

I could be that your network card has died. it could be that you can turn it power off, remove the card and re-insert it.
If if is on the motherboard, your bios might have turned it off. go into bios and see if it shows up and is operational.

what kind of ethernet connection is it? card or on the motherboard.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/142556-my-network-adapter-missing.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I'm running Win are missing" another network protocols more "One Yet or and had a power outage hard shutdown On restarting the network connection was broken I'm running on hardwire with a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller I've been troubleshooting this for days now so Yet another "One or more network protocols are missing" it's hard to recall where I've started but here's a rundown of everything I've tried Tried Network Troubleshooter including letting it run as admin Tried deleting winsock and winsock from registry and reloading protocols from c windows inf Tried exporting winsock and winsock from a working computer to Yet another "One or more network protocols are missing" the broken one Tried reloading the adapter drivers Tried netsh winsock reset Tried netsh int ip Yet another "One or more network protocols are missing" reset I've gotten by all the permission issues group policy reset fails etc Somewhere along the line I got the BSOD with machine exception so I ended up loading my Win disk and doing a quot reset quot Even though it looks like it did a full install evidently it only reloading keyfiles as the network error still exists After the reset I'm running OS buld With no application installed after the reset no anti-virus software is running so I know the error is not coming from interference with that Right now I'm getting quot One or more network protocols are missing on the computer quot quot Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing quot It may be I'm simply not runnning the above quot fixes quot in the right order I suspect there are some missing corrupted files that the Windows reset doesn't fix I hope to avoid having to reload Win for what will be the th time Win is not exactly a rock but I'm running out of leads Any new ideas Thanks in advance

A:Yet another "One or more network protocols are missing"

I have pretty much the same exact problem... I'm also hardwired to the router not WiFi.. This is frustrating would love some help with this. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43516-yet-another-one-more-network-protocols-missing.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi all my current configuration as below - Com ADSL Router Wifi on PC a "Missing" Network Solved: Com Port Switch connect to a Mps ADSL line - PCs with half running Windows XP and the other half Vista Basic that are connected by LAN cable to the Com Switch - HP AIO Laser Printer networked to support the PCs I have set up all PCs to access a shared folders at designated PCs Strangely all the PCs can see both designated PCs on their Solved: "Missing" PC on a Network network window but are only able to connected to only one of the Solved: "Missing" PC on a Network PC When they click onto the quot problematic quot PC Folder it says cannot locate it after a long search I tried to ping that PC as well but got no response Strangely that quot problematic quot PC is able to view other PCs and also use the network printer as well I have enabled quot File Sharing quot on this PC already so not sure what the problem is Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

Relevancy 96.32%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there is no caf a Network although also - get No I When "connected" - Access" connecting at Internet "Unidentified to wifi Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-quotunidentified?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello everyone how are you!

I have a question, actually I'm development a application for sharing internet connection. I'm using "Wireless Hosted Network and Internet Connection Sharing" that it's in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd815252%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I want change default IP Address range and I have read that these settings it's in next address:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters.

My question is, How I can restart or update the "Internet Connection Shraring" or "Wireless Hosted Network" after I change the IP Address range for that assign IP Address different to default.

Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cad8769-ac99-4437-8b52-752a0cf85da9/restart-or-update-the-quotinternet-connection-shraringquot-or-quotwireless-hosted?forum=netmon
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP get - Network wifi get a also "connected" I connecting to - Access" "Unidentified caf Internet Although I When No at with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is no Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-i-get-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 95.89%

Running Windows XP Home Service Pack It seems that what I m trying to do should be simple Yet I ve literally been trying to do it for over a year I stumbled upon this forum so maybe you can make my dreams come true and actually give me a shared network angels singing Keep refusing Home Network computers Windows show Places" network to XP "My in mind I once Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers had a shared network and everything was fine Then one day it mysteriously stopped and hasn t run since even after hundreds literally of attempts to set it up again For the moment all I want to do is have my computer we ll call this computer quot Sony Laptop quot appear in its own quot My Network Places quot window - not concerned with Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers the other networked computer at the moment I have tried quot Set up a home or small office network quot and quot set up a wireless network for a home or small office quot dozens of times chosen every single combination possible completed them restarted but quot Sony Laptop quot still never appears in quot My Network Places quot I cannot for the life of me understand it If that s all the info you need please respond If you want more observations read below FRY S DESKTOP Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via ethernet SONY LAPTOP is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via wireless -- ethernet ----- FRY S DESKTOP BELKIN ROUTER --wireless -------SONY LAPTOP I can receive wireless internet with the SONY LAPTOP through the BELKIN ROUTER I can ping FRY S DESKTOP from SONY LAPTOP I cannot ping SONY LAPTOP from FRY S DESKTOP I tried pinging SONY LAPTOP through both the wireless IP address and a connected ethernet cable Local Area Connection IP address connected through the BELKIN ROUTER Neither worked Some things I ve encountered When I explore the network gt My Network Places gt Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network I get a funny message quot Unable to Browse the Network - The Network is not present or not started - For more information click Help quot Of course in classic Windows style when I click quot Help quot the window hangs and never goes anywhere kind of ironic - don t you think It s called quot Windows quot and can t function within a window I was told by some others that I should check the quot Services quot and more specifically Workstation Server TCP IP Netbios helper Computer Browser Now of those four two of them had not been started Workstation and Computer Browser I tried starting these double click them and up will pop a window that allows you to start but each of them came up with an error message Here are those two error messages Computer Browser quot Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot Workstation quot Could not start the Workstation Service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found quot If anybody knows anything about these errors and how to fix them let mek now So that s it That s my experience so far As you can see I m neck deep in it and nothing would make me happier than finally figuring it out after months Chris nbsp

A:Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers

You need to look at the dependency list for each service. In the case of Computer Browser, it's Workstation and Server.

Since Workstation is failing, that's probably the place to start.

Do you have WKSSVC.DLL in C:\Windows\system32? That's the workstation service, and it appears to be the missing module. I'd first try copying that from the installation disk, if it's missing, and then register it too by:

Start, Run, regsvr32 wkssvc.dll

If you can't find the DLL, you can run sfc /scannow to restore missing files.

A shortcut may be to download the file from DLL Dump and register it as described above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-my-network-places-refusing-to-show-network-computers.536504/
Relevancy 95.89%

I am running a peer-to-peer LAN Vanish from Wizard" Network Install Network Using Places Printer Computers My "HP of Win XP Pro SP boxes Over of them in a particular workgroup All static IP addresses All machines have File and Print Sharing set up and Windows Firewall turned off I have used quot HP Install Network Printer Wizard quot to install a couple of HP s Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places and Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places a HP d printer each of which have JetDirect N cards installed But my problem isn t with the installation and use of the printers In fact this software works fine and everyone prints happily Here s the catch all machines using HP Install Network Printer Wizard mysteriously disappear from My Network Places no matter what machine I use to look at My Network Places after minutes If I reboot one of them it s back for about minutes then gone Now they re pingable and in fact you can find them using the Search button But they re not visible and to my staff this is a major obstacle I have boxes without the HP wizard and they re visible on My Network Places Using a couple different boxes as guinea pigs I can affirm that deleting the printers uninstalling HP Install Network Printer Wizard and eliminating references to it in the registry does not reverse the situation and fix the problem Ugh I can also affirm that disabling our Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not solve the quot vanishing quot problem A call to HP Support and subsequent discussion with their reps yielded no help although they did get a good chuckle out of it nbsp

A:Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places

OK there is a catch here you know how the printers after 20 min of no using them is going in stand by mode ... for some reason the network card is going in standby mode for the printer also if you try to print over the network you gonna see that the printer is going back visible.
Solution: There was a option in Network Monitor Devices for don't going on that "standby mode" check and see if this will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-using-hp-install-network-printer-wizard-vanish-from-my-network-places.596562/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello I have read a few similar posts and the resolutions but it doesn t appear to be working for me Any help is appreciated I apologize if I am leaving out any important info I m running a Windows XP PC wired to a Verizon FIOS modem router model MI no assign not did address" DNS a server, no "Network gateway, network Solved: Default WR I have a second computer connected via wire to this and a third computer connected wirelessly As of hours ago and for months all machines have worked fine My PC froze while playing a game and I reset it This is not common but it has happened before without issue upon start up However this time I received a limited no connectivity message When repair was attempted it didn t work because quot the network did not assign a network address to the computer quot The nd and rd PC work fine though Back on my first PC when I view the details there is a physical address IP address and subnet mask BUT there is no Default Gateway DNS Server or WINS Server I have tried the other suggestions I read about RESET TCP Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server, IP stack and RESET WINSOCK entries then restarting my machine but neither of these worked Under device manager my NVIDEA nForce networking adapter says it is working properly and there isn t any red X Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server, or yellow indicators The only weird thing I saw which i have not seen discussed here is when I run IPCONFIG ALL It says IP Routing enabled NO and WINS Proxy enabled NO Thank you in advance for any help and please let me know if you need some additional information Thanks D nbsp

A:Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-did-not-assign-a-network-address-no-default-gateway-no-dns-server.983791/
Relevancy 95.89%

G day all I am hoping someone may be able to tell me why my local folders appear under quot The Internet quot Local Places" Solved: opening Network appear "My Folders "The as Internet"when on one of our work computers rather than under quot Local Network quot We have four machines running XP Home and one running XP Pro The front machine has XP Home on it and I cannot open any Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" of the shared folders for this machine on any of the other three machines even though they all have the same workgroup name Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" They are all connected via CAT cable and we have a Netcomm NB ADSL modem router a Netcomm V Telephone Adapter VOIP modem and an port switch in the boss s office And the front computer s folder s and drives that I have chosen to be shared are listed under quot The Internet quot Does anyone know why this is and how I would go about correcting it Thankyou for your help and time Aaron nbsp

A:Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-folders-appear-as-the-internet-when-opening-my-network-places.578697/
Relevancy 95.89%

This is a question for information about why my networking problem finally was resolved I have four PC s on my network one Windows and three Windows XP The Windows PC always sees all three of the other computers However the Windows XP computers sometimes don t see the other XP computers when I press My Network Places Quite by accident I discovered that "View when Network Places" Why "My does Workgroup Computers" doesn't? work if I press View Workgroup Computers then ALL the other PC s in the network DO show up Furthermore if I click through quot View Workgroup Computers quot and access edit a file on one of the other computers then this computer will ALSO show up in My Network Places This behavior seems to be quite consistent and works every time I have tried it Apparently this is a workaround to the long vexing problem of why Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? my networked PC s sometimes don t show up under My Network Places My question why does View Workgroup Computers apparently always show all the networked PC s when My Network Places does so only intermittently or sometimes not at all Thanks for Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? any response Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-does-view-workgroup-computers-work-when-my-network-places-doesnt-487868.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi everyone, this morning I turned on the PC to do the usual stuff but I could not connect to my internet with the error "Unidentified Network - Limited". After trying to troubleshoot my ethernet I get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". After troubleshooting didn't work I took to the web. I literally tried every solution I found... to no avail. This brings me to extra frustration since I only built my PC last thursday.

System Specs: CPU; AMD A6-6400K
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M
RAM: Kingston 8GB
Storage: 2x 1tb WD Blue
GPU; Gigabyte GTX 650
PSU: Corsair 600w
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95
Case: Corsair 200r
Operating system: Windows 8

IPConfig /all: (Will get when I find something to transfer over the info)

A:"Unidentified Network - Limited" and "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-limited-and-ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration.1113621/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hellow!
I need some help here!

I've just installed a Dynex wireless usb network adapter to my desktop pc, which was previously connect to my 2wire router via ethernet cable.
Not that i've installed the USB network adapter, i've unplgged the ethernet cable and i'm unable to use the internet! Despite that i've installe the USB network adapter!

I recieved the follog errow msg in the taskbar
...."This problem occurs because the network did not assign a network address to the computer"

What should i do?

thanks

A:Solved: "The network did not assign a network address to the computer" error msg

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-network-did-not-assign-a-network-address-to-the-computer-error-msg.678906/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi,

For several days my wireless connection has been connecting and disconnecting. Today I tried connecting to wireless and cannot actively see any wireless networks available. My wireless switch is on and is showing a blue light and Network Adapters in Device Manager show no warnings however when I run diagnose in Network Sharing Centre it tells me that Network Adapter "Wireless Networks Connection" is not connected.

The Wireless Router is fine and another laptop and iPad seem to have no problems connecting to it please could you advise?

I am running Windows Vista on a Vaio VGN FE41S

Many thanks,

J. Smith

A:Network Adapter "Wireless Network Connection" Problem for VGN FE41S

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.
please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if you have a separate modem, the make and exact model of the modem.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

---------------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-problem-for-vgn-fe41s.1069737/
Relevancy 95.03%

For years My XP computer has had no problems picking up - wireless connections in my neighborhood some i could connect to some i could not because they were secured i decided to go straight and purchase DSL i bought a new computer vista and got a westell DSL modem which is also a wireless router The new not network occurred problem did a the Solved: because network assign "This address" computer is working fine i called Verizon to set up the new computer s dsl wireless network that worked out fine My old computer the one i spoke about opening this thread that computer Solved: "This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address" immediately picked up the DSL signal from my new computer in the other room The signal was excellent and the name of the network WAS ON THE LIST of the dozen other wireless connections i could connect to Problem is when i went to connect to my own DSL network i got this error message quot Limited or no connectivity You might not be able to access the internet or some network resource This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer quot I typed in the correct password the little icon in the corner of my computer said both computers were connected and with an excellent signal strength Reiterating i could still connect and go online with the other avaiable networks running the computer but not my Solved: "This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address" own nbsp

A:Solved: "This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-this-problem-occurred-because-the-network-did-not-assign-a-network-address.572095/
Relevancy 95.03%

My computer was working and all of a sudden I can not longer connect to my network and when I see all available networks mine says "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network" How can I change the settings on the computer so that they match the requirements of the network? I can access other networks and get online like that, but my network, even the local one, is busted. Please help!

A:"The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network"

Hi Lori,

This issue usually occurs on wireless network connections. I suggest that you turn off any security feature of wireless. Please click Start->Control Panel, double-click Network Connections, right click on the wireless adapter and select Properties. From there choose Wireless Networks, click on your wireless network name and choose properties. Under Network Authentication choose Open to turn off the wireless security. Please try to connect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you delete the connection, and recreate the wireless network connections. The following website may help you on creating the wireless connection.

http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-setup-a-wireless-connection

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Is the issue resolved?

If the issue persists, I suggest that you reinstall the wireless adapter driver, and re-create the connection again.

Remove the adapter driver========================

1. Click Start. In the Start Search box type "devmgmt.msc" and press Enter.2. Expand "Network Adapters", double-click on the entry of the wireless network device.3. Click the tab "Driver", click "Uninstall".4. Click Start. In the Start Search box type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter. 5. Remove the entries related to the wireless network adapter.

Then reinstall the driver with your driver CD. After installing, re-create the connection.

If the issue is not resolve by the above suggestions, please let me know if other computers can connect to this wireless network.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a0e8cb69-89cb-43c4-b873-c613bb16a983/quotthe-settings-saved-on-this-computer-for-the-network-do-not-match-the-requirements-of-the?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi,
My computer is stuck on "Setup is starting services" during a recovery and has been like that for a day now. I tried to restore days ago and I turned it off during this same screen and it came up with an Install Windows error "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation", but I fixed it by diabling some devices and it worked, but now it's stuck. I've lost my computer box when I moved and don't have any recovery disks. Can you please offer any help where I don't have to spend money?

Thanks.

A:eMachines E727 laptop Stuck on "Setup is starting services".

Why did you do a reinstall?

I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/202884-emachines-e727-laptop-stuck-setup-starting-services.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Computer info Toshiba Satellite L D-S Processor AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M GHz RAM GB System Type -bit Operating System Windows Professional Service Pack My problems began probably a year ago Started having BSOD s regularly with startup issues Nothing I tried fixed anything Had it in a shop where the first time I was told he shutdown, etc "Starting random stuck at BSOD, screen, Windows" quot fixed some things quot and seemed to be working for about a week and a half when it went back to BSOD, random shutdown, stuck at "Starting Windows" screen, etc BSOD s and startup problems getting stuck at the quot starting Windows quot screen etc Took it back to shop where they wiped it and replaced Windows Within a few weeks I was back to the same issues At this point I actually just put the thing away and solely used my husbands computer Last week after not touching my laptop for several months I had to use it due to a major accident with my husbands The thing worked perfectly for days PERFECTLY Then it started randomly shutting down with no rhyme or reason After a couple of times doing that it started getting stuck at the quot starting Windows quot screen and wanting to run Startup Repair With Startup Repair I get Startup Repair cannot fix problems with this info Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature NoRootCause OS Version Locale Id From the Startup Repair Diagnosis and repair details The only problem listed is Root Cause Found Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem Repair Action System Restore Result Failed Error Code x f Time Taken ms Repair Action System files integrity check and repair Result Failed Error Code x Time Taken ms I d be so grateful for any assistance that can be provided Please be aware that although I am not a complete novice about fixing or exploring problem issues I am certainly not a tech and have no education either formal or casual I can follow clear directions well and report my results accurately I would sincerely appreciate any help I really cannot spend anymore with a tech when my issues are not resolved by doing so and I NEED the computer My husband owns his own business and I work a small side business from home I have no idea where to even start at this point Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

I was trying to save some files in restoring windows 7; now i can't boot my computer; 1st screen : windows resuming., then setup is starting services.... , "stuck" ; acer aspire 5742 Windows 7 64bit Home Premium; What can i do? now; F8;F2; F12; Ctr+Alt+Del; nothing runs all night ; have a recovery disk made with drivers & applications made by me

A:resuming Windows ... Setup is starting services..."stuck" Aspire5742

Quote:
have a recovery disk made with drivers & applications made by me

Did you you make the Recovery disc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/275425-resuming-windows-setup-starting-services-stuck-aspire5742.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I have an old PC Specs in the Computer specs next to my username It was working fine for a few days but now it gets stuck in a boot loop Safe Mode options don t work repair windows doesn t work either and rather then trying to fix it I decided it needed a format after not using it for about a year I ve burnt Win onto a Disc and onto a USB using the Windows USB DVD Download Tool Configured my BIOS to boot from both which it does however right after the quot Windows is Stuck Solved: - Issues "Starting Win7/8 at Windows" Formatting loading files quot it moves on to quot Starting windows quot and stays on there the WIndows logo doesn t show either Can t figure out why I ve fallen asleep for about an hour waiting for it and from past experiences it usually doesn t take that long My current computer uses Win so I thought I d give that a shot via USB and DVD and same issue It shows the Windows Logo however the Loading circle just continues to spin I ve been stuck there for about an hour now I had a look inside the computer while it was running everything seems to be connected right hasn t been touched so before this post I unplugged everything gave it a nice clean just a cloth not wet and placed every thing back in ALSO what s the difference between these options USB - FDD USB - ZIP USB-CDROM USB-HDD nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

Hi all, I am trying to reinstall Windows 7 on my notebook (Acer Aspire 5742-7645) from the DVD. I get as far as this screen: http://www.buildeasypc.com/pics/wind...windows7_3.jpg
When I click "Install now," the screen says "Setup is starting..." and then never moves on. I have gone into BIOS and set the boot order to DVD first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire - Windows 7 reinstallation stuck on "Setup is starting"

Here are some good answers and some common things to check:
http//answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/windows-7-install-is-stuck-at-setup-is-starting/1b429a4f-b81c-419a-9780-308c743e1129

Let us know the results of these checks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314505-acer-aspire-windows-7-reinstallation-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hey guys currently using home premium 32bit but got pro upgrade 64 bit so had to do the custom install from booting with the disk

I choose the language, keyboard layout etc, choose custom install, pick the hard drive and it goes to the installing screen.

When part 2 of the install screen is almost done it said installation will continue after the computer restarts.
After it restarts, it just stays on the "starting windows" screen and the windows logo never shows. It wa son there for hours. I restarted by pressing the restart button and it continued back on the step 2 and them same thing, restart and then continue later but now the screen is just stuck on the "starting windows" screen.

Any ideas????

Thanks

A:Custom setup stuck on "starting windows" screen

Never mind, I unplugged things and it's all good

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/161258-custom-setup-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 95.03%

My laptop will not load, I have even tried to use the win 7 setup disc. Nothing is working and my screen is stuck on the blue setup is starting screen. It does not give me the agreement screen. I switched to make my cd/DVD rom load first still not loading. I tried safe mode and that doesn't go through either. My system does not pass the Short DST mode either

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390064-win-7-clean-install-not-working-pc-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi to all Hopefully I would find help here I have bought a new machine with GB ram GB HD Intel DG KR motherboard and Intel G Graphics Card I received the machine with Windows installed but wanted to format and install XP since I stuck XP starting computer; install on Can't on windows" "Setup is would not be able to upgrade my screen reading softwares I am totally blind and other necessary stuff are too much for my little budget I can not go on with since they are not that compatible So I planned to install XP The problem is that XP can Can't install XP on computer; stuck on "Setup is starting windows" not be installed on the machine Everything is ok till a screen with the sentence quot Setup is starting windows quot appears and seems to stay till the end of life By googling there were suggestions to replace the HD I replaced it with newer one and nothing changed Others suggested that might be due to falty ram also replaced with no change Some other suggestions recommended burning new XP and installing the one that is new and no change I unplugged all devices keyboard mouse speakers everything unnecessary for the installation procedure to go on but all were in vain I disabled all devices in the BIOS and the problem is the same No change And to narrow things down I changed sata mode to native so that the problem is not in the correct SATA SCASi RAID IDE AHCI ICH etc drivers Even I integrated the compatible SATA drivers and burned them into the XP disc and there were no change I created a bootable USB XP thump drive to instal XP from and the problem is the same Windows instals ok using both the DVD and the USB thump drive I unplugged the HD and tried installing XP on a separate HD and no change I unplugged the DVD drive and tried installing from and external CD DVD drive and no change Microsoft states that this problem might be related to incorrect HAL I hit f during quot Press F to load quot screen and chose something like standard PC the second choice in the menu and there was no change Please let me know if there is any suggestion to help me solving the problem I can not install XP and does not go welll wih my old screen reading softwares Any help is apreciated Thanks in dvance for any help nbsp

A:Can't install XP on computer; stuck on "Setup is starting windows"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-xp-on-computer-stuck-on-setup-is-starting-windows.1018694/