Windows Support Forum

Network Constantly Disconnects & Connects

Q: Network Constantly Disconnects & Connects

Hi,

I have a network with up to a dozen computers at any one time.
All have static ips
Most are wired.

The prob is between 2 wireless computers.
If I run both comps with windows xp, all is fine.
But 1 of the pcs is often booted from a live (Puppy) Linux cd.
When I boot using Linux, both of these pcs start dis/reconnecting to the network, every few minutes.
The nics both have different macs, & they are both assigned their own static ips correctly.
Another wireless pc on the network is not affected.

Any ideas why the disconnects & how to solve this prob?

PS. I am using a Netgear 824 router.

Thanks for any replies

Rob

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network Constantly Disconnects & Connects

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 91.59%

As the topic title says, my Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN (On this machine) Constantly connects and disconnects about every 5-10 seconds. My other machines on my network are fine.

I've tried moving the card into different PCI slots;
Changing the RJ45;
Installing drivers on the CD provided;
Installing drivers from the internet;
Uninstalling the card completely and installing as above;

Any ideas?
Any other specs you may require, just ask and i'll post them.

Windows XP (No service Packs as i just formatted. It had the same problems with SP1 and SP2 installed too)

Many thanks.

Ben

A:Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

Where are you connecting to? A router? A switch? A bridge? A hub? Another computer?
What does your network look like in general?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-10-100-lne100tx-lan-connects-disconnects-constantly.22663/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,
In the last 4-8 weeks i have noticed a trend that when any laptop detects a Network connection or disconnection it automatically launches the MSN home page on the browser
We have out local intranet set to home page. and MSN is popping up instead intermittently
Ive noticed this since we last updated our end users via WSUS.
We are all mostly running windows 8.1 x64.
To no success we have attempted this below:
Modify this registry key to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet\EnableActiveProbing
But it still reoccurs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dfa44378-861d-4306-b8a7-648d46ccd3c9/msn-pop-up-when-network-connection-connectsdisconnects?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

This problem sort of started out of no where with my computer where it will connect to my network for a second or two then immediately disconnect. Other computer and devices connect without a problem. I have also experienced this with every network I have tried to connect to; it does the same thing.

I figure it is therefore a problem with my laptop itself, but trouble shooting has yielded nothing and most of the fixes I have found require connecting to the network, but obviously I cannot do that.

I can connect with an Ethernet cable just fine. My guess would be that there is a setting that is incorrect within the wireless on my computer, but what that is I could not even venture to guess.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Computer connects to network, but immediatly disconnects

Please note that I have seen the sticky at the top of this thread and followed the 2 workarounds that were talked about in the link. It did not work, I am at the same spot I was before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-connects-to-network-but-immediatly-disconnects.1065872/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi im new to this forum I have some problems with my network To begin i have a D-Link DI- wireless router with latest firware And i have pc's and a laptop All computers have D-Link wireless network adapters which can have a throughput of mb so can the wireless router The network is fine No problems Constantly Network Drive Disconnects My pc has a HDD that the whole network can put there stuff on they have full access to it But my brothers pc and my dads laptop keep losing connection to after a certain amount Network Drive Constantly Disconnects of time But my sisters pc has no problems it wont loose connection Here are some basic specs of the pc's Mine Windows XP Pro x SP AMD Athlon X gb SATA Master HDD not shared gb ATA Slave HDD full access gb DDR RAM Dual Channel Brothers Windows XP Home SP Intel P HTT ghz gb ATA Master HDD not Shared gb DDR RAM Sisters Windows Network Drive Constantly Disconnects Vista Home Basic Intel Core Duo ghz i think gb ATA Master HDD not shared gb DDR RAM Dads Laptop Window XP Home SP AMD Athon gb ATA Master HDD Not Shared mb DDR RAM Any ideas If you need more info just say

A:Network Drive Constantly Disconnects

Anyone going to help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-drive-constantly-disconnects-144284.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have had a problem for the past couple days. I have looked over many places on the internet and have not found a solution.

The problem is my computer ASUS ul 30-a up until a few days ago was running fine on wireless until a couple of days ago when the wireless constantly was cutting out every minute or so and reconecting 10-15 seconds later. I have reformatted my computer and installed multiple new driver from the Asus website. When wired into the router the internet works perfectly. But wireless even directly next to it does not work. Their are 2 other laptops in the house neither which have had any problem dropping connections. Another thing I fine odd is that my computer is perfectly fine on my wireless at school. I have tried resetting the router and multiple router setting but still nothing. Renew release Ip, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 75.68%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 75.68%

Ok I have a Dell Latitude D with a Intel Pro wireless lan mini pci adapter internal on my computer The router is a linksys wrt gs v router The laptop will constantly disconnect and reconnect from the router mostly when I am downloading something Sometimes laptop constantly disconnects Wireless network the network will lock up and disappear completely under View network connections The problem only occurs at my GF s Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop apartment And i know its not poor signal in the walls cause she just moved and have the same problems in the new place I have the same make and model router Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my place and have no problems I also have no problems when I connect to the wireless network Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my school I also have no problems with the network using my girlfriends laptop Also my ps has no problems connecting wireless to the router either so i m pretty sure the problem is not the router but is the laptop but why only having problems with this router is really puzzling me I m at a loss of what to do i updated the firmware on the router updated the drivers on my laptop and still no solution I also changed the router s channel to one that wasn t being used by any other networks in the area nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

I have a wireless home network set constantly Solved: disconnects on computer Wireless one network up with desktop computers and laptops Most of the computers have no problems but one gets disconnected almost immediately if the network is left idle for a short time usually takes less than a minute The only way I can stay connected is to constantly download a file browse online without stopping play a game online etc If I stop Windows XP SP still displays the network as connected usually with Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer Excellent or Very Good Signal Strength yet I cannot do anything online I can t even successfully ping the router a Netgear WGT v until I disconnect from the network then reconnect Simply clicking repair does not fix anything My network adapter is an Airlink AWLH g Wireless PCI Adapter I have all power saving options disabled so I don t believe the adapter is turning itself off I previously had an Airlink router but moved and it got lost so I now have the Netgear router Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer I never had any problems connecting the other router If I use my laptop in the same room as the desktop it has no problems so I don t think the location of the computer Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer is a problem Any suggestions of what could be causing this problem on this computer Thanks in advance and feel free to ask any questions for further clarification -Jeff nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I have a lenovo laptop.Everything was going on till last week.Now when I connect to internet it does not connect at all.It is beacause the LAN connects and disconnects in every one minut. I don't know the reason of this problem.The cable was the same which I were using for a month after buying a new modem (CiscO Linksys WAG120N wireless-N home ADSL2+modem router).I am using only wired connection.The OS used is Windows Xp SP2.Since the LAn connects and disconnects I am not able to enter the set up page of modem.Please give a solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-connects-disconnects.1121406/
Relevancy 65.79%

My dear friends

I am using a Windows XP Pro system. I use to connect to the internet with dial-up connection. Recently, my connection started showing a strange behaviour. I can connect to the internet, but after a few seconds of establishing the connection the system automatically disconnects from the internet and prompts to redial. When I redial it connects again but disconnects too. The same thing repeats whenever I try to connect to the internet. I checked the settings, but everything was right (I didn't change them either).

What could be the reason for this problem? Could anyone help me solve it, please?

Regards.

Vinod

A:Connects to Internet,disconnects soon after

Mostly this kind of problem is caused by bad connection, usually every ISP has more than 1 phone number for their customers to connect to the internet, maybe the phone number you were using was busy, try to connect again using the other numbers. If you don't know the other numbers, call your ISP and ask for another number you can use to connect to the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connects-to-internet-disconnects-soon-after.39311/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi. I have a problem with my internet connection. On my local area connection it shows cable unpluged and then enabled every second. I tried multiple cables and the problem still persists. Before i had this problem my pc wouldn't boot so i removed the round battery on the mobo for a few minutes to reset the bios. I don.t think that has to do anything with the intenet problem though. Please help

A:cable connects and disconnects

Welcome to Seven Forums,

From your computer's Device Manager, fiddle with the 'Link Speed & Duplex' setting (by default it's on Auto Negotiation) of your Ethernet adapter. Feel free to change and test it out after. See image attached.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310004-cable-connects-disconnects.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I am just setting up Windows 7 for a customer. They work from home most of the time. I have set a VPN connection up so they can connect to the office which works fine.I can ping the server and it replied.The internet works fine connected to the workplace.So why is it when I click on Start- Computer - Network it does not show all the computers on the network at this persons work??Also I am trying to understand all this new search style in Windows 7. Is there a simple way in which you can just search for an IP address?? All of this is for me to do one thing. I want to map a drive from a computer on this persons network at work.But I am trying to set it all up from her home and not in the workplace.Hope someone can help. Jason

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0b07e718-36ec-4936-b97f-afff64977221/windows-7-vpn-connects-but-wont-show-computers-on-network-it-connects-too?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Samsung TSSTcorp SE-S084C DVD Writer for a couple of years. My laptop always connect and disconnect the DVD writer. When i plug in with no DVD, the drive is OK, no disconnection. But when i put DVD, the problem arise. Sometime the drive can recognise the DVD, but when i click on it in My Computer, it disconnect again. What is really the problem.. I think the problem is from my laptop because my family's laptops all work well with this drive. One thing i realised, my laptop does not install ALL driver of the drive. I already compared my list of drivers with my mother's laptop driver list.

What is the problem actually..help me please..

Thanks.

A:External DVD Writer connects and disconnects

It could be a USB problem - specifically not enough power available at the USB port. You can fix that by buying a Mains-powered USB Hub like this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-Mains-...VO66/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1330436706&sr=8-3

It has to be a mains powered hub. Buying a plain USB hub without a mains-adapter will not fix your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-dvd-writer-connects-and-disconnects.1043025/
Relevancy 64.93%

This is a Ethernet: Seconds 2 Every Connects/Disconnects new self-build with the following parts Windows Pro AMD CPU Mobotherboard Gigabyte A-UD P Network adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller built-in on mobo Driver latest update I am having problems connecting to the internet through a wired connection It keeps connecting and disconnecting every second It shows up as identifying disappears and then shows up identifying a second later only to keep repeating the cycle I just built this computer and the wired connection not worked since Day Troubleshooting attempted - Reinstalled Windows - Tested ethernet cable on my old computer with Windows that was installed from the same disk - Deleted network driver from Device Manager that is installed with and downloaded the one from the mobo manufacturer - Changed Speed and Duplex settings tried all options from - mbps and half full duplex - Unchecked the allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option Doing a quick google search I can see that other people have had this problem before too I doubt it is a problem with the mobo but I m completely stumped right now A wireless USB adapter works but it has dropped connections and is much slower so I'd much rather use the wired connection If Ethernet: Connects/Disconnects Every 2 Seconds anyone can help that would be great

A:Ethernet: Connects/Disconnects Every 2 Seconds

Go to device manager, click on your Ethernet Adapter check to see if an update is available for it (Right click > Update Driver Software). If this doesn't work try to disable it and then enable it. Report your findings.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537549/ethernet-connectsdisconnects-every-2-seconds/
Relevancy 64.93%

This problem has been troubleshooted by Netgear Acer and myself and is still a mystery Problem Internet connection works fine while physically connected to the Ethernet line Once disconnected wireless network works and disconnects after is moved a few feets away from router Signal strength is and unable to connect to internet If brought into original range is unable to connect to and Disconnects Average For - Not Connects User The the internet Troubleshooting The router has been replaced with a brand new Netgear WRN U Router firmware has been updated and all other wireless devices connected to this network work The wireless card has been updated with the latest drivers and physical connection works Netgear troubleshooted the router connection type has been troubleshooted from WEP to WPA an channels switched and antivirus and firewalls turned off The router is not the problem The wireless card is not the problem Acer troubleshooted the computer and suggest an operating Connects and Disconnects - Not For The Average User system re installation Specification Operating System System Model Windows Vista Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Acer Aspire T V Enclosure Type Notebook Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board Acer Aspire T Connects and Disconnects - Not For The Average User PSMBOU- Connects and Disconnects - Not For The Average User BIOS Acer V Communications Anchorfree HSS Adapter Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Intel R WiFi Link AGN Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Megabytes Usable Installed Memory nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

My hp laptop that is a couple years old has recently connected to the wifi right when I log in w no problems but after about 10mins it slows down and disconnects and eventually I need to restart and usually the same thing will happen again. When it disconnects the wifi disappears completely and no connections are available.Any idea?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connects-then-shortly-after-disconnects-then-all-all/td-p/5782254
Relevancy 64.93%

E17 wireless connects then disconnects a few minutes later. It will not automacially.  I have to connect manually. Windows juat had an update and so did Norton.  I'm not sure if they caused this issues wasnt a problem a day or 2 before. Thanks, Laura

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E17-wireless-connects-then-disconnects-a-few-minutes-later/td-p/463138
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop (acer aspire 5741 series) connects to wireless router when I turn the computer on and then just turns off sayin I have no network access. My mobile is connected fine to the router as I am writing this making me think the problem is with the computer. I asked a guy I know thats into computers that said its a software problem and he was guna charge me £15 to fix it. Should I pay him or can I do it myself?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-then-disconnects-itself-from-modem.1063431/
Relevancy 64.93%

Symptom: Ballon from System Tray ping-pongs saying
Cable connected -- cable disconnected -- cable connected​when it remains attached all the while and other systems have no issues.

Nic Card: Broadcom NetXtreme gigabit in default settings.

Lan contains 10/100 mb interface
(D-Link DSS-5+ - 5 port 10/100 desktop switch )

Solution:
use the Broadcom control panel to set the interface back to
10mb/half duplex, no QoS, no power settings.

I tried the 10/full duplex and the 100/half duplex as well,
but only the 10/mb half duplex would retain a reliable connection.

Apparently the Broadcom is drowing the switch to which it is connected.
As the entire LAN is 10/100 anyway, this is an acceptable solution.

The router is too far away to attempt a direct connection, so a switch/hub is necessary for the physical wiring.
Someday we might try another box, vender, or upgrading the whole lan to gigabit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-connects-disconnects-reconnects.107082/
Relevancy 64.93%

E17 wireless connects then disconnects a few minutes later. It will not automacially.  I have to connect manually. Windows juat had an update and so did Norton.  I'm not sure if they caused this issues wasnt a problem a day or 2 before. Thanks, Laura

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E17-wireless-connects-then-disconnects-a-few-minutes-later/td-p/463137
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey everyone IM IN and disconnects trouble!!! 3sec!! Wireless in connects DESPRATE NEED FOR HELP Long story short somehow Wireless trouble!!! connects and disconnects in 3sec!! my wireless connection just will not hold Ive tried searching on google but its just too hard Sometimes it will pick up my wireless network at home and at Uni but both end in the same way connected for all of - seconds the BAM lost connection So if anyone could help I know my laptop is physically equipt its just the settings or something Its really driving me nuts so below is just the IPCONFIG ALL thingy that might give someone an idea ANY HELP would be GREATTTTLY appreciated Thanks in advance Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name MY NAME Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - E- -B -EB- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday May p m Lease Expires Wednesday May p m Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- -AD-FF C Documents and Settings gt nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Help! I've tried EVERYTHING. I have an Acer Aspire laptop, which is connected to a D-Link DIR-628 router via a D-Link DWA-160 adapter. It worked wonderfully for about 6 months until Sunday, where it suddenly disconnected and wouldn't connect. Over the next few days I have been trying everything, and all I can get it to do is connect and then disconnect intermittantly. It constantly says its connected both Local and Internet, and yet the computer acts as though there is no connection. HELP!

A:Wireless Connects, Disconnects, Can't access internet

Well first...house or apartment? Check the cable going to your modem...make sure it isn't frayed or mangled in any way. Believe it or not I had a squirrel chew on my cable and it took the cable company 6 visits to find it.

Have you powered down the modem and router for 30 seconds and plugged them back in?

Next, is your router secured? Some people like to play with others routers when they are not secured and sometimes when they are.

If I were in your shoes...1) power down, power up (above) check the cable; if you find something call the cable company... 2) no problems in the cable and power down/up doesn't work...reset the router by inserting a pin into the area on the back of the router that is a very small hole with power on...hold down the pin for 15 sec or so. Once you've done that, follow the power down/up instructions. Don't forget to set up security once you've reset the router.

To do this...enter 192.168.0.1 into your browser...enter admin as user name and consult your manual or google for the default password (think it's admin but don't quote me)...then use the wizard to set up your router.

Good luck-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connects-disconnects-cant-access-internet.828765/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys been experiencing an issue where my acer laptop disconnects from the router, a AZTECH wireless extender, when another device connects to the same extender.

otherwise the main modem is CISCO.

my laptop runs on windows 7 professional x64

i also attached a screenshot of the xirrus program

disconnection mainly happens when im playing online games which sucks so i hope someone knows whats up and can help!

A:Wifi disconnects when another device connects to the router

Does router DHCP has enough IPs to assign?

Try another channel in wireless options in router interface.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376726-wifi-disconnects-when-another-device-connects-router.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I've entered in the password on the hotels website, so I have access. It stays up for a couple of minutes, and then drops completely. There is more than one open, so it's not that it goes out of range. After a few minutes, my computer just stops searching.
The only way I can get it to work(for about 30 seconds) is when I disable the drivers.

A:At a hotel, wifi connects for a few minutes and then disconnects.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Usually at a Hotel there are several Wi-Fi Users, if the Hotel has several Access Points it will help a lot. The higher the bandwidth they have the better connection you'll have and favorable for the Hotel guests. Any particular time that you get disconnect more? How's your connection late at night?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/330462-hotel-wifi-connects-few-minutes-then-disconnects.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok, this has become the most frustrating thing when trying to do work on the computer. I just don't understand why it is so difficult to stay connected to the internet with the most advanced router & high speed cable internet I could afford.

I have a Netgear N600 Dual band router WNDR3400 and I believe a WNR2000 wireless adapter.

Apparently this router is a dual band, I set up 2 different networks when doing the initial install, but yet my computer only sees the 2nd network?!

What other info do you guys need to help me figure out why it keeps dropping the connection?

Thank you.

A:My internet disconnects every 5 minutes and never auto-connects?

Change the channel of your router to 1 or 11, if it is located on an outside wall, move the router as far away from the wall as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200943-my-internet-disconnects-every-5-minutes-never-auto-connects.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm having trouble connecting a laptop (Vista) to a wireless network. It's a Linksys modem with the D-Link AirPlus Extreme G Wireless Router.

The signal is strong; always Very Good or Excellent, but the moment it connects, it immediately disconnects a few seconds later and I am unable to use the Internet whatsoever. Nothing I've done so far has been able to resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a wireless internet with WEP security. I connect to the network (wirelessly), but it losses connection...sometimes 5 min, sometimes 15 minutes.
Now, I know it's not my laptop because I can connect to other wireless networks and stay connected. I've tried unplugging the router and modem, but still the same thing. I have full signal strength, so that is not it.
Does anyone have any ideas ?

A:home wireless internet is connects and disconnects continuosly...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-wireless-internet-is-connects-and-disconnects-continuosly.777756/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Tp Link Wireless N Adapter which always disconnects and re-connects all the time to the internet.
I using a Tp Link Wireless router.

What could be causing this ?

How can I repair this connection so will connect more continously wihout being disconnected all the time ?

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Tp Link Wireless N Adapter which always disconnects and re-connects

Disconnection could be because of other wireless devices in your household or nearby using the same channel. go into the Router setup and change the channel to Channel 6

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-tp-link-wireless-n-adapter-which-always-disconnects-and-re-connects-578609.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Guys Ive been having problems with my Internet connection for the past days the Internet is disconnects some sites and Internet and ( dont) work connects others on and off hence i have to use meebo for yahoo and aim I talked to my ISP provider Verizon Internet connects and disconnects ( some sites work and others dont) Online and they said its been years for me using the modem They re telling me to get a new modem Internet connects and disconnects ( some sites work and others dont) But I dont think thats the problem Some of the sites dont work for me Like weather com download com etc How can these be possible Some sites work and others dont My friend is having the same problem Even when I m using my laptop to connect wirelessly to the same network I experience the same problems BTW My modem and router is Westell Versalink w Its in one router and a modem On my desktop I run windows Xp while on laptop I use Vista My ISP provider is Verizon online BTW I tried to see if my ISP was right So I bought a new router and I used my friends modem but I still have the same problems They told me everything is fine at their end nbsp

A:Internet connects and disconnects ( some sites work and others dont)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connects-and-disconnects-some-sites-work-and-others-dont.825649/
Relevancy 63.64%

I need reports for when users logon, logoff, connect and disconnect from my network. Running windows 2003 server ent ed. as a dc with all computers as members. I have already tried running logon and logoff scripts, however my workers don't usually logoff when finished but rather disconnect leaving their apps open for further work.

ANY HELP??? PLEASE! PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reports-for-logons-and-logoffs-connects-and-disconnects-needed.725814/
Relevancy 63.64%

INFO Windows XP SP Router Cisco Linksys EA Latest Firmware Network Adapter TP Link N Latest Firmware security mode on router WPA WPA w AES Encryption Security mode on NIC WPA AES Trying to connect to a desktop BACKGROUND [Wireless] packet Connects with stagnant Disconnects/ activity At times I will be able to see the my SSID at full strength on my Windows Network Connection Available Wireless Network but is unable to [Wireless] Disconnects/ Connects with stagnant packet activity connect or it takes forever to acquire network address occasionally amp at times I will be able to connect but packets received and sent become stagnant at say a miserable sent received However I can get lucky at times and connect to my connection for about - mins with good activity ie able to surf the net before getting disconnected to face situation amp again Sometimes to get a reconnection after situation I can get a brief connection by plugging my USB adapter out and plugging it in again But after a few minutes I get disconnected again I have tried connecting the same network adapter TP Link N onto a windows laptop at the same location as my PC is located and the connection is smooth for as long as I used it But when i connect the N back to my PC I face the above situations again This leads me to believe that the problem has got to do with the settings on my PC but I am left utterly clueless of any viable solutions after trying many that I have seen over different forums Such as changing channels on both router amp adapter to Channel INFO Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings AN LIANG gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name acer-b f ab Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address C- -A - E-A - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TP-LINK N Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter Physical Address -F - - - D- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday September PM Lease Expires Sunday September P M C Documents and Settings AN LIANG gt Solutions anyone Help will be much appreciated nbsp

A:[Wireless] Disconnects/ Connects with stagnant packet activity

Here is a screenshot from Xirrus, hope it helps in explaining situation!

BTW both Lambo Connection(2.4ghz) and JL(5ghz) are from my router.

My Internet packets received and sent actually became stagnant halfway tru, and I am unable to surf the net despite the graph showing a good signal history..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects-connects-with-stagnant-packet-activity.1068152/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have been having a problem with my DSL constantly disconnecting I like to play an online game called Rumble Fighter That s pretty much the help. DSL constantly disconnects, only game I play online It used to stay connected pretty good maybe DC DSL constantly disconnects, help. ing once in a while but lately it disconnects about every - mins I can t stay connected and it s getting anonying Here is some info about my setup DSL thru Verizon Modem Westell model W Vonage as phone company PC specs Windows Vista HP F AMD Phenom Quad Core GHz GB of DDR RAM GB HD We have also had problem with Vonage dropping calls I have have contacted them and we have done everything they can on their end to fix it so I am thinking Verizon is the problem I also ran a Line quality test and here is DSL constantly disconnects, help. the results I got http www dslreports com linequality nil Also ran DR Ping from that same site which gives me a result of which I don t know what that means and it says the following Sorry pings gave errors or timeouts from IPs were reachable Any help is greatly appreciated Should I contacted Verizon I am on the West Coast if that DSL constantly disconnects, help. matters Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Right, so before this DSL was rarely stable, it was incredibly slow. I solved the problem by directly connecting the modem (a Westell 6100) to the phone jack, as from what I've seen, the three way splitter that was used killed the connection speed. Now the results from doing this was the internet speed being increased sevenfold. The connection I have is from Verizon, not really too sure on the connection, but if it helps, the top speed I have now is about 70 kb/s. I've taken the line quality test from DSLReports, but from what it says, everything is apparently good. Another thing I've noticed too is that the Internet and Ethernet lights on both the router (A Linksys WRT300N) and the modem are constantly flashing. If anyone could help me with this, I'd be grateful, and the link to the test is here. http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2537166

Relevancy 59.77%

I've had Verizon DSL for a while now, and I'll be honest, its the worst service we have ever gotten.
It goes down consistently, and by the time i call Verizon Tech Support, internet seems to stabilize and they say there is nothing wrong with my internet.
I did a line test at dslreports and got the following result.
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2552521

Looks just fine, but what explains the constant disconnections?
Oh, their 24/7 Tech Support lines seemed to have been closed for a long time now as well. Also, when i try calling corporate, they put my on hold then hang up.

Sooo, what do you guys think?
Thanks in advance.
-Jonathan

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all, I recently bought my first laptop (HP Streambook) and it's fine except for it constantly disconnecting from my wifi?
It only does this in my room (note that every other device I own can still pick up and keep a consistent connection in here), and when it picks up the connection, it only has 2-3 bars. It'll then go to 5 bars for about 30 secs, then disconnect completely. When I attempt to reconnect it may not work at all, or appear there with 2-3 bars again. I have reset the network card more times than I care to mention and any amount of troubleshooting won't help. I'm at my wit's end, any ideas?

A:WiFi constantly disconnects?

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, not the top of the line when it comes to notebooks/laptops. Can't rule out that it simply has a weak wifi adapter and antenna. What adapter does it have? May need to update the drivers. How far are you from the router and are there walls in between?

Also be sure the adapter is not allowed to sleep and power saving mode is not enabled.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62902-wifi-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a new laptop with a built in 802.11G adapter. It connects to my router, but then disconnects periodically, sometimes it reconnects right away, other times I have to turn the wireless adapter off and back on before it reconnects. Any advice would be helpful. Is it possible it has something to do with SP2 as this is the first time I've ever used it and this is the first time I'm having problems.

A:Wireless disconnects constantly.

SP2 and the wireless adapters built in connection utility on alot of models do not play nice so usually you have to pick one or the other to use. As well you will probably want to check the channel your on as something else may be causing interferance. Have you tried your laptop in other wirelesas areas? You may want to do that to have piece of mind that your card and configuration of your laptop is working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects-constantly.407959/
Relevancy 59.77%

When on Windows 7 (release 7100, 64 bit), the wireless internet disconnects after/during downloading a file, game downloads updates, or even when playing an online game. The internet still appears to be connected to my network however a message mentions "limited access". If I disconnect from the network, I am unable to reconnect to the network (error comes up).

This issue does not occur when using Ubuntu (dual boot) or on other computers connected to the internet (using Win XP/Vista). And does not occur when directly connected to the internet.

I also have noticed somewhat of an issue that may be relating to this problem. My network adapter is Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card F5D7000. However, Windows 7 recognizes the network card as "Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card"

Thanks for any help~

A:Wireless Constantly Disconnects

I've got the same exact problem. I have a Rosewill RNX-N2X wireless adapter. My computer does the same thing - the wireless connection comes up with limited access and it won't connect again.

Along with this though, when this happens, my CPU starts getting eaten up to almost 90% usage by something. When I try to shut down, it just locks at the shutting down screen, and I have to hold in the button.

The connection works most of the time when just surfing the web, but when making my account for this site it decided to disconnect. I've tried changing the wireless security, channel, drivers, etc... When I try a wired connection, the connection stays fine under heavy load, so it must be something with wireless drivers or something..Please help!

Edit: Also, my router is a D-Link DIR-655, but I don't think it's the problem. A Windows 7 laptop does not have any problems with this using the same router.

Edit 2: Nevermind, wireless disconnects even when surfing web after about 3-4 minutes, but downloads stop it instantly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23476-wireless-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Um, I do have internet that runs perfectly but for some reason..after a good while on the internet, it disconnects and i have to reboot just to get a connection everytime. I don't know what is going on but it gets on my nerves. I'm working on a bunch of projects that need access to the internet but i can't finish them with the internet giving up on me everytime i need it. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects...

First, try another browser to see if this behavior occurs there. This'll let us know if it's a browser issue or not. Here's a link to a nice free browser (Firefox) that I use: http://www.mozilla.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72897/internet-constantly-disconnects/
Relevancy 59.77%

Heres my problem, it has persisted for the past 3-4 months or so.

Randomly, but more frequently when i am gaming (WoW, Counter strike, Ventrilo, Warcraft III), my cable completely disconnects my internet and telephone (Optimum online & Voice)

The modem itself stays on but the lights for DS, US, and Online go out for 30 secs to a minute then reconnects and my internet is fine for the next 30 minutes or so until the same thing happens again.

I have switched out modems since it happened, no change.
I have switched out routers (upgraded from a WRT54GS to a WRT310N), no change.

I have seen you guys do some remarkable stuff with Hijackthis and such, if you could help me now with this problem it would relieve a lot of grief.

Thanks for your time

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects

Hi

Just out of interest have you contacted your ISP in case it is a fault with their equipment. ?

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-constantly-disconnects.109954/
Relevancy 58.91%

After years of my laptop running flawlessly I ve started having major problems connecting to my router the internet I noticed the problems started happening after I did a huge gb download My computer constantly but randomly disconnects for random intervals of time If I do while computers constantly other not disconnects Laptop m lucky it ll connect just fine but once it disconnects it ll most likely not work for quite some time The other computers cellphones etc aren t having any problems with connecting and it s only my laptop Sometimes it seems to go on a quot Identifying Name No internet access quot loop or it connects to the router but I get no internet access And whenever I troubleshoot it it never really helps anything and I never get a consistent reason as to why it isn t working The laptop is an Asus running Windows Windows IP Configuration Host Name Katie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- B-D - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- B-D - A- F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - B- - -F -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D -E A - FCC-BCD -B DC FA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ca comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B C D-E B- FA -BDB -E C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

So I recently bought a Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter. Once I got it I hooked it up to my 750gb Seagate Barracuda hard drive; it let me view the files, but after I wanted to access my user folder, it said something about not having permission and closed unexpectedly. After that happened, I shut it off. Now when I plug it into any one of my computers, it repeatedly connects and then disconnects within 30 seconds. What should I do?

A:SATA HDD to USB Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects

Try a different cable. Try the Seagate in a computer. Try a different drive in the Vantec.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/49458-sata-hdd-usb-constantly-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I CANNOT take this anymore Over the past two weeks our connection has progressively gotten worse and worse to the point now where I m lucky enough to stay online minutes not ISP Wireless disconnects- constantly Solved: at a time Our ISP is AT Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP amp T and before this our net used to get easily Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP disconnected by a phone call we are to get this problem in itself solved soon with filters The modem router is connected to my mother s computer downstairs She never seems to have any problems with connectivity or at least not as much as I do I m running wireless in the room right above her and I have never had this bad of a problem until recently Any wireless connection upstairs drops constantly and becomes horribly slow or disconnects completely it is still connected to the router We called our ISP and they claimed it was not a problem on their end The tech support was actually very thorough and he did everything he could from tests to helping me reset our modem back to factory settings in case there was anything possibly wrong with the modem itself- which is not that old - years give or take I ve tried multiple times to disconnect the modem and reconnect to restart the system which used to work this issue is something completely different I updated my wireless networking card driver and the problem persists I don t know what else to do and my patience has worn thin on this issue It s very bizarre and I have tried to search for anything similar but to no avail PLEASE if anyone can help let me know and if you need any more information and thank you so much in advance if you have any idea in which to help me with this problem Here is the Ipconfig if it helps at all Windows IP Configuration Host Name amie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Ada pter Physical Address - - -DA-CC-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f b da a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - F- - F-C -DB- - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - F-C -DB- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address - -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -A B - -A - FD br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c bba b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c bba b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Loca... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
I have ATT Uverse Internet, and an att uverse gateway, and on my computer the wireless keeps randomly disconnecting. Over the past few weeks it has started doing this more and more often, for instance today I can't get connection for more than 5 minutes before it disconnects. However, the wireless works on my other computer, Xbox, and iphone, so I'm not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 58.91%

I want to apologize in advanced for my lengthy post I recently upgraded my systems to and Reconnects Wireless Constantly Disconnects Windows Ultimate -bit Ultimate edition on both my desktop and laptop and have changed my router to a D-Link DGL- Here is some information on my systems Dell Inspiron Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects desktop - wired Windows Ultimate -bit Intel PWLA GT Mbps PCI PRO GT Desktop Adapter x RJ Sony VAIO VGN-CR laptop - wireless Windows Ultimate -bit Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link AGN Wireless connection is managed by Windows D-Link DGL- settings Basic Wireless Settings Band GHz Mode Mixed n g b Auto Channel Scan Disabled Wireless Channel GHz - Channel Transmission Rate Best Channel Width MHz Advanced Wireless Settings Transmit Power High Beacon Period RTS Threshold Fragmentation Threshold DTIM Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects Interval WLAN Partition Disabled WMM Enabled Short GI Enabled I have been getting choppy speeds on my desktop and my laptop disconnects and reconnects constantly I ended up disabling a few other settings on my router which were not mentioned above I disabled Gamefuel the firewall SPI and I changed the NAT Endpoint Filtering for both UDP and TCP to Endpoint Independent This sped up my wired connection a bit but didn t help my wireless I also changed some of my wireless adapter settings on my laptop to show the following n Channel Width for band Auto n Mode Enabled Ad Hoc Channel b g Ad Hoc Power Management Disabled Ad Hoc QoS Mode WMM disabled Fat Channel Intolerant Disabled Mixed Mode Protection CTS-to-Self enabled Roaming Aggressiveness Lowest Throughput Enhancement Disabled Transmit Power Highest Wireless Mode a b g Nothing has worked I don t think it s my laptop only because I can connect to one of my neighbor s unsecured connections Another thing is that my Blackberry cannot connect to my network either It can pick up other wireless connections but not mine I used the PBC security method to set up the connection I don t know if this would help but there are at least other wireless connections that my laptop can see I normally wouldn t mind picking up free wi-fi but I would prefer to connect to my own network since I have a NAS server set up Please HELP nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I m constantly getting disconnected on my Comcast Internet It s my primary connection but I do have a VZW BroadbandAccess as a secondary and for when I commute go on the road etc This has always happened but mostly stopped after Internet Comcast Disconnects Solved: Constantly I switched to a - mhz -Way Solved: Comcast Internet Constantly Disconnects splitter about months ago Before that the disconnects would be like every ten days Now it s happening every few hours Sometimes it resolves itself sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect the modem from the cable line powercycling doesn t do it My cable modem is a real pain to get to being at the bottom of a rack in my crawlspace It s on a cheap VA UPS with the router and some switches It always fails on establishing send channels Can tell that from the logs Which I can t seem to access anymore but that s what it always used to be Modem SB ISP Comcast Chicago Router WRT G v on DD-WRT but it doesn t really matter Does the same thing when connected to my RouterBoard but that s not setup the way I want it yet Other Stuff Airport Express as AP Print Server Speakers with DHCP turned off Should I just order a new modem Any recommendations Would a bidir cable amplifier before the splitter help nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I've never had this issue before with my Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter model WMP54G. Its not much of a big problem but it is annoying! Connection is great at Excellent but sometimes it just disconnects and then automatically re-connects. It doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of loading a webpage or using the connection in any way either. I've checked for radio frequency interference and there is none in its area. The router is an Actiontec. Also whats frustrating is the connection speed even with an Excellent connection. It tops out at 54Mbps but sometimes drops to 12Mbps or 18Mbps even when there isn't heavy connection activity and the connection runs very slow. Google and web searches have not been successful. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] Wireless Adapter constantly disconnects.

How far away is the access point? What happens if you move directly in front of it? Do the problems still occur?
Are there any walls / Metal objects / fridges (large electrical components etc) between you and the access point?
You can try to swivel the Access Point aerial so it is horizontal instead of vertical or vertical instead of horizontal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wireless-adapter-constantly-disconnects-503426.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello For the past months or so I ve had trouble with my internet and have tried recently to fix it since it annoys me insanely Here s my setup - Sony Vaio FE laptop with Vista Home Premium -bit service pack - Router is a Verizon FiOS MI WR reconnects disconnects Wireless and constantly internet - A desktop is connected through wire and doesn t Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly experience the problems Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly Here s the problem My wireless internet constantly disconnects and then reconnects right away for seemingly no reason Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly I can t find a pattern sometimes I have no dropouts for hours sometimes it happens every - seconds for a few minutes I have tried the following - Updating drivers for both the router there was none and my wireless network card - Changing router channels to - Changing to static IP and back - Scanning my computer for viruses with Security Essentials and Spybot removing any bad stuff it found - Doing diagnostics through the router doing a ping test to my computer but it just says quot test failed quot and doesn t help me any further None of that helped and the situation remained the same From the tons of stuff I ve read online I know a few things that could be wrong but I m not sure - There s the wireless phones but the dropouts are completely independent from whenever a phone call is being made or received there s no pattern I don t know if that means anything or if it doesn t matter - I am about feet away from the router the signal has to travel from an office through a living room and into another room where my laptop is However the signal strength is described as quot excellent quot full bars - It could also be a problem with my internal network card For the longest time I ve had a problem with my WiFi switch it has become loose and I have to fiddle with it to keep it on since it sometimes moves to the off position But the dropout happens even when I m not touching the computer which could shake it to the off position and when the switch is on I thought about buying an external USB network adapter thing to bypass a possibly broken internal card but I don t know if that would work and if it would end up being a waste of money - Finally my laptop s power connection is semi-broken on the laptop itself It fell about a foot down onto where the power is plugged in which is on the side and whatever holds the cord into the computer became loose resulting in the computer going to battery for a second before coming back to AC power pretty often It usually happens when typing and there s vibration on the computer from it maybe once or twice an hour I read that using the laptop when it s disconnected from power could result in internet fallouts but the power plug has been broken for over a year while the internet problems didn t show up until about months ago So there s my situation Sorry for the long post and thank you if you read it nbsp

A:Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly

when your internet drops out, does the router still have an internet connection, i.e. is the router still getting an IP address from your ISP? since you said that the desktop is hard-wired into the router and doesn't experience this same problem, i'm assuming this is the case. it seems as though the problem lies more in the wireless connection and not the router or your ISP.

you may need to get a wireless expander because that distance seems fairly long.

a new network card or a wireless USB may help matters, but it still seems like a long distance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-constantly.915917/
Relevancy 57.62%

I've been trying to use my IPv6 as default over IPv4. After manually entering in the IP address into the adapter under IPv6 protocol, it would connect for 5 minutes before disconnecting itself. I would have to constantly redo just to keep the connection up. How can I use my IPv6 without constantly disconnecting, is there something I'm doing wrong?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392167-ipv6-constantly-disconnects-windows-7-xfinity-comcast.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello TwinHeadedEagle,

My web browser (Chrome and IE) also redirect to "Meet Local Singles". I follow your instructions and have 2 files. Please see the attachments. Thank very much for your help

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Task: {069C68BA-AD06-4E87-8E5E-F3C43AC230FC} - System32\Tasks\AutoKMS => C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Should you think that is not the case, please send me a private message.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54556/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I'm bombed by a harmful virus which always slowing down my internet and lots of disconnections. I also redirected to different harmful web pages (some of them are Russian porn sites and dating sites).

I scanned multiple times with Kaspersky Internet Security tools (pro) and Malwarebytes along with Adware Cleaner. They couldn't detect any infections.

Because of this virus I can't use my internet properly. Every other computer and phone at my home can connect to internet with high speed and not a single problem ever.
Here's the link I get redirected to: Meet local singles!

Please help me get rid of this virus, I'm desperate with only one choice of resetting my computer if it doesn't stop..

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Hello,

They call me TwinHeadedEagle around here, and I'll be working with you.

Before we start please read and note the following:

At the top of your post, please click on the "Watch thread" button and make sure to check Watch this thread...and receive email notifications. This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing me to solve your problem faster.
Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process. Please do not perform System Restore or any other restore.
Instructions I give to you are very simple and made for complete beginner to follow. That's why you need to read through my instructions carefully and completely before executing them.
Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.

All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.
If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.
I visit forum several times at day, making sure to respond to everyone's topic as fast as possible. But bear in mind that I have private life like everyone and I cannot be here 24/7. So please be patient with me. Also, some infections require less, and some more time to be removed completely, so bear this in mind and be patient.
Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.

Please attach all report using button below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.

Do not ask for help for your business PC. Companies are making revenue via computers, so it is good thing to pay for the repair.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.

Rules and policies

We won't support any piracy.
That being told, if any evidence of illegal OS, software, cracks/keygens or any other will be revealed, any further assistance will be suspended. If you are aware that there is this kind of stuff on your machine, remove it before proceeding!
The same applies to any use of P2P software: uTorrent, BitTorrent, Vuze, Kazaa, Ares... We don't provide any help for P2P, except for their removal. All P2P software has to be uninstalled or at least fully disabled before proceeding!

Failure to follow these guidelines will result with closing your topic and withdrawning any assistance.

Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54447/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, we have a problem on some or all of our 8.1 devices.

we have a user without local admin rights, whenever he changes location or between wifi/lan on the office he gets an UAC prompt, it doesn?t say anymore then "Network" but i assume it is for network profiles.

Does anyone know why and how to get rid of it? it is an domain account with a microsoft account attached to it, syncing skydrive and som stuff.

// lusi

A:UAC Prompts from Network Whenever a Network Connects

You could try turning down the UAC security level.

User Account Control (UAC) - Change Settings in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35429-uac-prompts-network-whenever-network-connects.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello!

Just purchased an HP dv5-1017nr at Best Buy today. I can't get the internet to work. It sees networks, excellent strengths, and even connects to them, but will not go to the internet. I tried two different houses. It shows that it connects to the network but stays stuck on "Identifying."

Exchanged for a new one being a noob, and this one does the same thing. I have a desktop and another notebook with Vista that works with my router, so any ideas why this isn't working?! I really need the internet for school that started on Monday (I'm a college student.) Here are some settings someone else asked for:

If you click here you can see how it says "Identifying." http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6023/connectionnc5.jpg
Thank you kindly!
Shane

Relevancy 51.6%

On 2 different laptops, one running professional, the other running Home Media, the computer tries to connect to my home network twice. The most frequent example is when I try to connect wirelessly, in network connections I will see my network named two time. "Connected to Network, Network1"
When this happens I can not connect to the internet. I AM connected to the network and can see other PC's in the network. If I disable the device and re-enable it, this usually solves the issue.

Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix permanently?

Thanks for the help.
Kliest

A:Wireless connects to same network twice

No one has seen this?
I now also have the issue where the wireless will connect to just network2 and I will not have internet connectivity

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/149755-wireless-connects-same-network-twice.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have looked thru the forum and have not been able to find my specific issue although many seem to have similiar problems Hello everyone I have a brand spanking new Gateway DX- desktop computer It has an Intel core i cpu Ghz GB ram bit OS It still has the 'new computer smell quot however NOT connects network NEW internet to PC but Window is not making it easy to remain No apps NEW PC connects to network but NOT internet have been installed except what came on the PC DHCP is enabled and I am recieveing an IP address I can view my network of XP machines fine I can connect to the company file server and do everything that I should be able to do I can ping internal computers with no issue This computer is in the workgroup as everyone else I have tried to uninstall delete network adaptor restart and let windows reinstall the software and no success This comes down to ZERO internet access Please help I appreciate all replies Steve BTW wireless is NOT an option Only hardwire is The LAN wire I am using connects all computers flawlessly EXCEPT the Windows desktop

A:NEW PC connects to network but NOT internet

Hi ashlyquin,
I had a friend who had the same scenario. The PC came with Norton Anti Virus/Security (or Macfee) and so they uninstalled it then rebooted and they were able to gain internet access.
Raj

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/143095-new-pc-connects-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello i currently installed windows X on a new PC i installed the last updated realtek lan driver and the internet appears to be connected but nothing works i can't open any site i can't use Utorrent or Skype or anything just nothing works sometimes the browser works for just few seconds and it's dead slow i can't even open google and just in a second it's frozen again I also tried this but still nothing works go to start type quot but to internet NEW network NOT connects PC cmd quot in the search bar without quotes right NEW PC connects to network but NOT internet click it and quot run as administrator quot type this quot ipconfig release quot w o quotes and press enter now type quot ipconfig flushdns quot w o quotes and press enter now quot ipconfig renew quot and press enter If that doesn't solve it do the following type on the CMD window quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot and press enter after done type quot netsh int ip reset reset log quot and press enter Help please

A:NEW PC connects to network but NOT internet

Is it giving you a correct internal IP, not 169.X.X.X? Also what motherboard model, and what driver did you install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347795-new-pc-connects-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've set up the client to connect to the PPTP VPN at my workplace. It connects, but I can't access any computers on the network through explorer or remote desktop, by IP address or by name. Also, the internet will not connect after connecting to the VPN [we have a proxy, and the browser won't connect to it].

On the VPN status, the IPv4 Connectivity is listed as Internet
the IPv6 is listed as No Network Access.

I can, in a command prompt, ping network computers by name or IP. ipconfig /all gives, from what I can see, identical results to a Vista computer that connects properly.

This occurs from my house [set up as a Home network] and from public networks. The VPN is set up as a Work network. I've tried changing these and it doesn't seem to help. I've also tried disabling Windows firewall.

A:VPN connects, no network access

What are your settings in network and sharing center?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/12707-vpn-connects-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 51.6%

This PC is connected to a Press machine in our Production area Lan only with machine and PLC s so I disable the LAN to the press then the G connection comes up with bps activity I want to use teamviewer on the PC for remote support but teamviewer is unable to connect like it use to and its a free license I tried internet explorer and quot page cannot be displayed quot There are no special proxy settings and DHCP IP Windows XP with admin rights Whats confusing is even if the lan is disabled the G connection would only come up now and then but then I could add The PC has viruses and very slow at the moment and I have loaded free AVG just to scan and clean some to see if it helps and it did not really help I cannot format the PC or something like that because there is production software and applications on with special settings that runs the R press machine and if the PC stops trouble I have ordered new PC for the press machine Euros but that would take weeks to arrive and if I could get the connection internet working on the machine it would be great Do you think that because of the Solved: get but cannot onto the network connects, 3G viruses it is causing this issue If so any ideas Because I cannot update the anti virus as there is no network connection thanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey, I know nothing much about computers so be patient with me haha

Currently I have a laptop which will not connect to the internet but will connect to the network (Wireless).

My other laptop, and other computers/laptops in the house will connect, but just not this one....

Any help would be appreciated

A:Connects to network, but not to internet

What OS are you using?
Is the laptop static or dynamic address?
Can you ping the router & desktop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connects-to-network-but-not-to-internet.837394/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have another problem with my connection Whenever I try to connect my Laptop Model MD u to the internet It connects to my Network but not the internet when I try to diagnose it it tells me Cannot communicate with www microsoft com Here is what I get with the ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Allen Computer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Compute-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - B- not to but Internet Connects Network - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific Connects to Network but not Internet DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - B- - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday July PM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled C Users Allen Computer gt Thank you for any information nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello All - Anyone ever seen a situation where a Dell laptop Inspiron E recently upgraded to Win Home Premium bit from XP will connect to one wireless network but not another both using wireless but 7 one to connects Win another not network, (WEP) (?) WEP and with credentials and WEP key verified correct I recently upgraded a friend's laptop while he was Win 7 connects to one wireless (WEP) network, but not another (?) visiting Used my own home network to test the ability to connect wirelessly but when he got the machine home and tried to connect to his own wireless network he was presented with not only a request for the WEP key as expected but also what sounds like a request for his Windows credentials which he supplied and to which Win then responded with the generic quot Unable to connect to network quot message So I retrieved the laptop and as expected had no problem connecting to my home wireless network again using either the User account that I had set up or the Admin account on the machine In fact I'm using that very machine now connected to my home wireless Win 7 connects to one wireless (WEP) network, but not another (?) network via a WEP connection to enter this post Given all of the above it seems to me It's not the wireless adapter or driver It's not the WEP passphrase we went over that MULTIPLE times on the phone - I KNOW he's got it right It's not a more general conflict between Win and WEP Absolutely open to arguments about any of the above but I'm out of ideas Thanks Bob

A:Win 7 connects to one wireless (WEP) network, but not another (?)

Quote: Originally Posted by drwob

Hello All -

Anyone ever seen a situation where a Dell laptop Inspiron E1505, recently upgraded to Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit, from XP, will connect to one wireless network, but not another, both using WEP and with credentials and WEP key verified correct?

I recently upgraded a friend's laptop while he was visiting. Used my own home network to test the ability to connect wirelessly, but when he got the machine home, and tried to connect to his own wireless network, he was presented with not only a request for the WEP key (as expected) but also what sounds like a request for his Windows credentials (which he supplied), and to which Win 7 then responded with the generic, "Unable to connect to network...." message.

So I retrieved the laptop and, as expected, had no problem connecting to my home wireless network again, using either the User account that I had set up, or the Admin account on the machine. In fact, I'm using that very machine now, connected to my home wireless network via a WEP connection, to enter this post.

Given all of the above, it seems to me:
It's not the wireless adapter or driver
It's not the WEP passphrase (we went over that MULTIPLE times on the phone - I KNOW he's got it right)
It's not a more general conflict between Win 7 and WEP
Absolutely open to arguments about any of the above, but I'm out of ideas....

Thanks,

Bob

It is a general conflict between Win 7 and WEP security which is very outdated and completely insecure.

It is a handshake problem between certain older routers/firmware's and much newer Windows 7 drivers which were actually made to work WPA2 personal security and AES encryption which relates to the final draft for wireless n.

In other words, just because it works with one router doesn't mean it will work with another, depends on the firmware etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/326444-win-7-connects-one-wireless-wep-network-but-not-another.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My computer connects to my home network through wireless and it says it has excellent connection but when i use programs like firefox but no network connects to internet or internet explorer it does not work When i use program like aol instant messenger or a p p program it works Windows IP Configuration Host Name miiGz-PC Primary Dns connects to network but no internet Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain not set invalid Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain not set invalid Description Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - - -DA-E - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a bc f f c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D - - - - B-BC- E-C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain not set invalid Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - B-CF-F - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain not set invalid Description isatap domain not set invalid Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:connects to network but no internet

Originally Posted by miiGz

My computer connects to my home network through wireless and it says it has excellent connection but when i use programs like firefox or internet explorer it does not work. When i use program like aol instant messenger or a p2p program it works.

Most likely solution would be your firewall settings are blocking your browsers.
Check dis...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/243818-connects-network-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hello i have 2 computers in my house one with the internet through a modem and router and my other computer with a wireless card i can find the router though the wireless card and connects but i can not get the internet can anyone help

Relevancy 51.17%

I found an HP with vista on it in my closet. My internet works fine on my other 3 computers, but i CANNOT get it to work on my laptop. I recently got it to connect, but can't remember how for the life of me. It was working fine, and then died. Now i can't figure out how i did it! All i know is i did something and it came up with options for Home, something, and Public. It had a picture of a house and a bench..? It connects to the network fine, but the internet won't work.. help?! thanks(:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-hp-laptop-connects-to-network-but-not-the-internet-646354.html
Relevancy 51.17%

im working with a dell inspiron laptop computer, just recently my wifi was working great up until yesterday. all of the sudden i couldnt access the internet. i can get my wifi to connect to the network, it says i am sucessfully connected to the network but i cannot access the internet. i reset my wireless router three times (for my built in wireless card) , i did a diagnostic and repair and still it still only connects to the network, but not internet, i also did a system restore to see if that may fix the problem but it didn't. My last option would be to reboot my computer but i would like to fix it without having to reboot, also if i did reboot would i have to reconfigure my wireless card? if anyone has any suggestions or answers it would be helpful thanks.

A:Wireless connects to network but not the internet

The first thing I would try is to connect an ethernet cable from the laptop directly to your modem to be certain that you have working internet service--unless you have another computer connected to the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connects-to-network-but-not-the-internet.145844/
Relevancy 51.17%

Several months ago I bought a new HP Pavilion laptop with a Vista Home Premium edition operating system installed. It connects wirelessly to my Netgear router and I'm able to see my Dell desktop running Windows 98 SE.

When I select one of the drives on the desktop, Vista asks for a domain and password which I provide. I get a message indication that the login failed but when I click on the OK of the dialog box asking for the domain and password a second time, leaving both fields blank, the connection is established and I can access the drive selected.

Is this some kind of a quirk in Vista to fool an attempt by unauthorized access to the drive that it has failed? If fooled me for awhile but I can access the desktop every time I provide the domain and password. Why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-logon-fails-but-still-connects.871888/
Relevancy 51.17%

I m afraid I have a tough situation with my computer But from everything I ve seen on this site so far I m sure you are up to the challenge I have an HP Pavilion dv running connects but no locally, Wireless network Windows Vista The computer has worked fine for two years Last week the internet stopped working I am still able to get a good connection to the wireless network but am connected with Local Access only What worries me more than the internet not working is that I cannot ping anything other than localhost so it does not look like a DNS issue or anything so quot easy quot I Wireless connects locally, but no network have tried the following with no luck -ipconfig release ipconfig flushdns ipconfig renew -set static DNS to google public DNS -set static DNS to wireless gateway google public DNS -ping URL s ping IP Addresses including gateway address -re-installing wireless device driver -safe mode with networking -system restore even as far back as month problem definitely started last week -ensure all firewalls including windows firewall are off disabled -connect to other known-good wireless networks same problem occurs on this laptop -connect other known-good laptops to this wireless network oter laptops work fine -disable any ipv settings as I am only connecting to ipv networks -checked my host file to make sure only entry is for localhost -probably more Wireless connects locally, but no network steps that I ve forgotten about One very interesting thing is that when I ping anything other than localhost or my current IP through DHCP on the wifi I get two possible results Request timed out or Reply from Destination host unreachable Any thoughts on next steps This has me baffled right now If all else fails I can reinstall the OS but I am hoping to actually fix the problem rather than start from scratch nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Windows FTP server setup with basic authentication and running Chrome connects to ftp on FTP server PC Other PCs on local network won t connect via outside? no but other PC, on from connects on local network or PCs server FTP Chrome to ftp Outside won FTP connects on server PC, but no other PCs on local network or from outside? t connect to ftp whatismyipaddress com Troubleshooting Router firewall turned off Router port forwarded to Router Internet Filter turned off Windows PC firewall turned off Shared the FTP file with everyone Internet Explorer troubleshooting says Windows confirmed that quot quot is currently online but is not responding to connection attempts at this time This usually means that a firewall is running somewhere between the two computers and is blocking FTP connects on server PC, but no other PCs on local network or from outside? quot FTP service quot Windows has confirmed that Windows Firewall on this computer is correctly configured to allow this connection However a remote firewall might be blocking your connection If you have access to this firewall then configure the firewall to allow connections through TCP port If you don t have access contact your network administrator or Internet service provider Click for more information about firewalls nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-connects-on-server-pc-but-no-other-pcs-on-local-network-or-from-outside.971456/
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop has done this once in the past but I can t remember what I did to fix it It has lost the ability to connect to my own wireless network but can my connects except to other Laptop wireless own every network easily connect to any other wireless network it has been configured for including unsecured networks It sees my network with a full bar signal but will not connect to it I ve tried all the typical things like completely resetting the router unsecuring the router and then securing it with a new key uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter updating the drivers for the network adapter releasing and renewing the ip address from the main wired computer all to no avail There are no red x s or yellow exclamation points in device manager I have another laptop that was set up exactly the same way and it connects fine I have tried to search for any other possible cause for this problem and all I have found is something about the MAC address having to match which I don t completely understand The laptop is an ibm thinkpad running xp Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Windows FTP server setup with basic authentication and running Chrome o or no PCs server on other from connects but local FTP on PC, network connects FTP connects on server PC, but no other PCs on local network or from o to ftp on FTP server PC Other PCs on local network won't connect via Chrome to ftp Outside won't connect FTP connects on server PC, but no other PCs on local network or from o to ftp whatismyipaddress com Troubleshooting Router firewall turned off Router port forwarded to FTP connects on server PC, but no other PCs on local network or from o Router Internet Filter turned off Windows PC firewall turned off Shared the FTP file with 'everyone' Internet Explorer troubleshooting says Windows confirmed that quot quot is currently online but is not responding to connection attempts at this time This usually means that a firewall is running somewhere between the two computers and is blocking quot FTP service quot Windows has confirmed that Windows Firewall on this computer is correctly configured to allow this connection However a remote firewall might be blocking your connection If you have access to this firewall then configure the firewall to allow connections through TCP port If you don't have access contact your network administrator or Internet service provider Click for more information about firewalls

A:FTP connects on server PC, but no other PCs on local network or from o

I guess this is a bump. Same problem here. No FTP sharing on local (home) network. Used to work. I did it a couple times a few months back just to test it and now that I want to map network drives to quickly transfer movies and tv shows to my htpc, suddenly it doesn't work.

I don't think it's SP1 related because a friend can still do it on his machine, running the same OS with SP1.
I tried all of the stuff you did already with no success.
I tried Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all > Incoming connections
It reports an error that more than one device is performing NAT. So I took my modem out of the equation and still nothing.

Someone please help! this sucks. The only thing I have ftp access to is my old modded XBOX. ARGH!

Typing this command in the address bar "ftp://[email protected]"

Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Filezilla timeout
Windows explorer crashes and then gives me an error about typing something wrong or not having permission.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/134200-ftp-connects-server-pc-but-no-other-pcs-local-network-o.html
Relevancy 51.17%

2 laptops connect to net via netgear wireless router, comcast modem. desktop connects to network ssid, wep, with weird ip address, no internet. if ip address assigned, desktop connects to network but still no internet. sigh. i know there are gurus out there, i've seen your trax...please respond. thanx

A:Connects to network no internet connection

ok. WIRE one system to the router.
use your browser to access the config page http://192.168.0.1/
login

now set the router to be the DHCP server.

leave the encryption OFF until things work for you and then go back and enable it.

alter the SSID to anything other than the default

be sure to CHANGE the admin password
(do this last, this will cause you to loose the browser connection).

make sure the router restarts.

while connected via a wired connection, use your browser to access www.google.com

if this fails, go to View Network Connections
find the Lan->properties
click the Tcp Protocol and then properties
make sure that DHCP is set for IP address and DNS.
click the Alternate Settings
remove anything there
save

disconnect the wire; wait 15 seconds and replug

your browser should be working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connects-to-network-no-internet-connection.95589/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all I searched the groups read the how-tos found things that seemed to help on the Home vs - Network connects OK Unidentified but below but had no luck finding exactly my problem or a solution Tried a few ideas Apologies if I duplicate Here's my issue - have I a security problem and or bad network setup I have a new laptop Acer Aspire media and connected to Belkin N router using router DHCP Windows Home Premium Atheros wireless card All drivers bang up to date and Win updates also Router on newest firmware I can connect to router and Internet with no obvious Home vs Unidentified Network - but connects OK problem My wireless networks show networks Home and an quot Unidentified Wireless Network quot that appears to be Public BUT the Unidentified WN happens also to be my home - details are the same and security is in place I have tried merging deleting - can't do it I did manage to delete it in quot Manage Wireless Networks quot Home vs Unidentified Network - but connects OK but restart showed limited connection to my home network until this public Home vs Unidentified Network - but connects OK one reappeared I see from the group there has been a Win bug or problem with this I'm not techie - I am worried this might be a security vulnerability I can connect to the Internet OK so there are no connection issues But when I run diagnostics I'm told I have a wireless problem and am connected to multiple networks So just what is this parallel network Should I worry Screen shot jpeg attached Grateful for help Thanks Clive

A:Home vs Unidentified Network - but connects OK

Try following this walk through on how to fix that problem.
Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/64101-home-vs-unidentified-network-but-connects-ok.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys! I know next to nothing about networks so I could really use your help.

I've recently moved to a new house and my laptop, phone, and PC all connected fine. However the PC started to have problems connecting to the internet and then lost all connection the very first day. Now it only says "Connected, no internet access." The laptop and phone have full internet access from the same WiFi router without any problem. My PC is currently using a little Ralink Wireless USB.

What information can I give you guys to make solving this case a bit easier?
What should I try?

(Thanks in advance)

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55435-connects-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I have a wired desktop PC running windows seven home premium For months my PC connected to my netgear router flawlessly a month ago my partner bought a macbook pro boo and also connected to this router using network cable without a problem weeks ago my PC started behaving funnily in that it would have no connection on startup connects Wired to my W7: others.... not connect network, Will to or sometimes when waking W7: Will not connect to my Wired network, connects to others.... up During this time the macbook would connect as normal Now it just will not connect at all Other laptops can connect using the exact same cable as my PC I took my PC to the only computer store in my small town who said that it took them seconds to 'fix' and that IE and firefox worked as well as world of warcraft launcher So it obviously connects to other networks I cheered and bought it home and alas the exact same problem I have attempted to follow the direction of this post wired pc won't connect with router and change settings in the properties of my network adapter but i get this message quot controls on this property sheet W7: Will not connect to my Wired network, connects to others.... are disabled because other network property sheets are already open quot and i have nothing else open Also W continuously attempts to restore the connection fails and tries again I ran ipconfig all and it shows the server name of the computer store in the DNS suffix list The default gateway entry is blank and i cant see an IP address entry Is this a W problem or should i be looking elsewhere Please help im at my wits end

A:W7: Will not connect to my Wired network, connects to others....

Check Device Manager for red/ yellow flags -
START | type devmgmt.msc

Uninstall ALL networking devices; reboot. Windows 7 will reinstall upon reboot.

Check for Ethernet driver updates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/w7-will-not-connect-to-my-wired-network-connects-to-others-550127.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32bit on a new (to me) laptop. I'm sitting in my office typing on another laptop that is connected to the internet, but this new one simply will not connect. It connects to our network but not to the internet (when I look at the connection graphic it has a green line from the PC to the network and a red X from the network to the internet). When I look at the connection it is titled (Unidentified) followed by the network name.

The computer was restored to factory standards before I purchased it. I am able to connect to my wireless at home and in a coffee shop no problem.

Help!

A:Computer Connects to Network but Not Internet

Hi Joval352,

As the laptop connects to home network and other networks, issue seems to be due to network restrictions at your office. I request you to contact the IT team at your office.

Please post after contacting your IT department.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298982-computer-connects-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 51.17%

onboard realtech pci gbe family network controller only connects at 100mb on my gb network. i tried to force settings to 1.0gb full duplex and the connection speed is stuck at 100mb. running windows 7 home edit 32b. i also updated drivers for the nic card. the router is wrkng properly, the other pc's on the network connect at 1.0gb no prob?? any help or suggestions?

A:gb network controller only connects at 100mb

please do not duplicate posts
I will close this one
continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/960459-trouble-gb-network-adapter.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gb-network-controller-only-connects-at-100mb.960453/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

I upgraded my OS to Win 7 and everything is fine but I can't connect to the internet. I seem to be connect to Dlink wireless network but I can't connect to the internet. Please Help.

A:Window 7 connects to network but not internet!!

Having problems connecting to the [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]Internet[/COLOR][/COLOR] on your new [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]Windows[/COLOR][/COLOR] 7 machine? Windows 7 is great and can automatically fix a lot of common problems related to connecting to the Internet, but not all!
The first thing you should try if you having Internet problems is to try and connect from both a wireless and wired connection. You first want to try and narrow down the problem to Windows 7, to your network setup, or to your [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]Internet [COLOR=orange ! important]provider[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Here are some possible solutions you can try that will hopefully get your Internet connection up and running in Windows 7.
Method 1 – Turn Off Firewall/Anti-Virus Programs

One common reason why this problem occurs in new installations of Windows 7 is because of a third-party firewall or anti-virus program. Just to make sure it’s not that, go ahead and uninstall any of these types of programs.
You might be wondering why it would matter, especially if you have the same program running on another computer like XP or Vista. The problem could be that if the firewall or anti-virus program is not compatible with Windows 7, it can accidentally block connections to the Internet.
Method 2 – Install Drivers in Emulation Mode

So if you didn’t buy a new computer and are instead installing Windows 7 on a slightly older machine, you problem could be because of incompatible drivers.
You can fix this in two ways. First, try going to the computer manufactures website and download the latest drivers for your wireless card. Install it and see if the problem is fixed.
If not, it might mean you need to install the driver in compatible mode. You can do this by right-clicking on the executable file, choosing Properties, clicking on the Compatibility tab and checking the box that says “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and then choose the OS.

Again, make sure to run the driver setup program in this compatible mode to see if that fixes the problem.
Method 3 – Disable Protected Mode

The other reason you may not be able to connect is because of IE 8, which now ships with Windows 7. Some people have reported that the security settings are set such that they cannot connect to any website at all!
You can test this by going to Tools, then Internet Options, and clicking on the Security tab. Click on Internet and move the slide bar all the way to the bottom (lowest security).

Once you move the slider all the way down, click OK. Then close IE 8 and open it again. Try connecting to the Internet. If it doesn’t work, try unchecking the Enable Protected Mode option. Make sure to restart IE again.
Method 4 – Try Network Troubleshooter

If nothing else is working, you may as well try the built-in Windows 7 Network Diagnostics tool also. To run it, right-click on the Network icon in your system tray and choose [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]Troubleshoot [COLOR=orange ! important]Problems[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR].

It will automatically try to detect what the problem is and give you a possible reason and a solution.

Method 5 – Toggle Automatically Detect Settings option

Another thing you can try is to check or uncheck the Automatically Detect Settings option in IE. You can get there by going to Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings.

If it’s checked, uncheck it and vice versa. See if that solves your problem. Also, make sure that the “Use a proxy [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]server[/COLOR][/COLOR]” box is unchecked.
Method 6 – Uninstall Network Card

You can also try to uninstall the network card from Device Manager and let Windows 7 re-install it on reboot.
Go to the Control Panel, click on [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]Hardware[/COLOR][/COLOR] and Sound, and then open Device Manager. Right-cl... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-7-connects-to-network-but-not-internet.935216/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi my problem st began when my partner took our laptop to scotland and tried to to internet???? no but, laptop network connects connect to the hotels wirless network after several hours of trying the hotel owner finaly got it connected after reseting his network laptop connects to network but, no internet???? and manualy entering his ip into our computer i tried to connect to our laptop connects to network but, no internet???? network yesterday after comming home but at st all i got was the yellow exclamation mark over the network icon and couldn t even reach the router after a short while laptop connects to network but, no internet???? i got onto the router local connection only but could not reach the net all my other wirless devices connect straight to the net withno probs at all ie laptops ps wii iphone etc i have tried all the usual fixes like modem router reset network adapter reset automaticaly getting ip address cmd prompts etc etc whilst trying to solve the issue yesterday evening the said laptop suddenly just burst into life and connected to the net whilst i was browsing the forums on my daughters laptop it remained connected for most of the evening lost connection for half an hour then regained it a short while later today i have the same problems all over again local connection only this is a copy of the cmd screen Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users joanne gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name joanne-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -AC-BE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a b c ee Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R GT Network Connectio n Physical Address - C-C -C - - C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FC FE - E B- FB -B BC- DE E br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FC FE - E B- FB -B BC- DE E br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FC FE - E B- FB -B BC- DE E br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BEF - B - F-B B - A CC EB br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C - C - - C - F AA E br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users joanne gt not sure what other info you guys might need so i ll just tell you what iknow just now laptop is compaq ... Read more

Relevancy 51.17%

All other networks I try will connect me but not let me go onto
anything that uses the internet. It says im connected to the internet, so another diagnosis could be that it connects me to the wifi then internet but with an extremely low bandwith. It times out often.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3186ec73-eea9-44f9-afc6-00db1069ead0/wifi-only-connects-to-my-home-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.17%

A friend of mine has a new refurbished HP laptop running Windows Home Premium that connects to her wireless network using her Verizon modem router Her Not To Friend's But Laptop My Network, Connects My roommate has an old Compaq Vista laptop that also connects to their home network but the connection is always Local only When I brought the Compaq to my house it connected perfectly Laptop Connects To My Network, But Not My Friend's to my network the icon displaying Local and Internet I have a different ISP than my friend To further complicate Laptop Connects To My Network, But Not My Friend's or clarify matters my friend's neighbor has an unsecured network The Compaq always gives us Local and Internet service when connected to that unsecured network Verizon tells us that their readings show a strong wireless signal from my friend's modem router and maintain that the ability of her HP laptop to successfully connect prove that the problems are solely with the Compaq and not their equipment Their offers of assistance begin and end with furnishing us with Compaq's phone number That seems absurd to me It seems obvious that some setting in their equipment needs to be changed but I have no idea what it would be

A:Laptop Connects To My Network, But Not My Friend's

You did not state the model number, hardware version and firmware version of the Verizon modem/router.

So, these screenshots might not apply exactly.

Select WPA2:

If the encryption algorithm is set to AES, change that to TKIP and AES and save the settings.

Delete the saved wireless connection info for the Verizon router on the Vista laptop and reboot the laptop.

Reconnect the laptop to the Verizon router's Wi-Fi and test for Internet connectivity.

If you cannot access the Internet, do not change the Verizon router to WPA, WEP or Open just to accommodate the Vista laptop. Hunt for updated wirelessDrivers or consider adding a newer USB wireless adapter to the Vista laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376352-laptop-connects-my-network-but-not-my-friends.html
Relevancy 51.17%

my wifi connects to a network by itself "linksys" even though i have my own network. i have to go disconnect it from that and then connect to my own. how do i disable this automatic thing for it and not to conenct to that network

A:wifi connects to strange network

You remove all the stored wireless profiles, then search for your own network. Finally, you set "connect only to preferred networks" in the options of the wireless client.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connects-to-strange-network.727409/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Dell XPS 8300 (running Windows 7 Home Premium) that has lost Internet access. It was fine until yesterday. It shows that it's connected to my home wireless network, but cannot acces the Internet. All our other computers (desktops, laptops & iPad - all running different OS) are able to connect.

I checked the network card, using the Windows Device Manager, and it shows that it is "working properly" and that there are no conflicting devices. What should I do next?

A:Desktop connects to wireless network, but not to Internet

Open network and sharing center>manage wireless networks. Then right click your network and press "remove network" This will not affect your network in any way, it's just deleting the saved info on your computer about your network. Then try reconnecting to the wireless network, and when asked between home, public, or business make sure to select "home". Please reply, on how that goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247951-desktop-connects-wireless-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Everytime I try to figure out Wireless I can never get it working.

I'm using a Wireless D-Link Rangebooster N Router.

I have 2 computers connected all the time, an Xbox 360 and PS3 occasionally connecting to game. All these connections are wired.

We tried to connect the ps3 when we first got it. It gets recognized, and the ps3 recognizes it but we would always get an error no matter what.

Now my brother has an ipod touch and wants to get it working. Same story. We got everything connected, inputed the password. On the d-link page it says "Ipod" and signal strength is 100%. Beside the network name there is a grey lock, I assume that means the network is locked..how do I unlock it?

None of the pages load.

Anyone know what to do? I have no idea what to do with all these settings that I don't understand.

Thank you.

A:Wireless Network recognizes, connects, but you can't do anything. D-LINK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-recognizes-connects-but-you-cant-do-anything-d-link.786755/
Relevancy 50.74%

thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give. i have a acer aspire 5741 with win7 and i5. i have no problems once i am connected to my network, the problem is the acer will only connect when i do it manually. i have changed the adapter settings to connect automatically numerous times but when i reboot, the settings always change back to connect manually. i have tried other networks but the acer will only connect manually. like i said, once connected it works fine it just will not do it automatically. thanks again

Relevancy 50.74%

This ACER system used to work just fine. ACER finds the router and goes online. Brother printer connected to router via Ethernet cable. it does not map anything. ACER laptop comes up as nothing found. When I fired up my HP laptop to look for network addresses and such the Acer could see my computer and map the router and printer through my laptop. Again this problem just occured recently. at one point it say a piece of equipment with a screwed up name which was the printer but it would not print to it. It showed a question mark for the router?? again. It connects to he internet. Any ideas?? I have checked out books from the local library but can't figure out what to look for... I can't even form a cogent question I just can tell you what I see.

JB

A:laptop connects to wireless router but does not see it to map network

When rebooted it at least sees router but not printer. click on system and it sees printer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/328849-laptop-connects-wireless-router-but-does-not-see-map-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello My laptop is few months old HP Pavilion g OS Windows networks home connects but network my other Wifi not to uses a ralink rt r bgn wifi adapter The wifi was working just fine suddenly it stopped It detects my home network but every time it tries to connect ends up quot unable to connect to this network quot It connects to my friends wifi but not mine And it connects with cable There is a red cross on the wifi network but it's green not GREY It is not a modem problem because the other PC connects just fine When I'm on wifi cmd ipconfig gives me disconnected media for all the network cards on the laptop Command netsh shows failure and access denied What I have tried to do for the past week I upgraded the adapter driver My windows is fully updated I re-installed the network card I tried a USB wifi I uninstalled Wifi connects to other networks but not my home network the private server I uninstalled my Norton because I thought it was blocking the connection I also deactivated the windows fire wall I changed the SSID and PSW nothing worked and of course I tried restarting resetting rebooting deactivating and activating disabling and enabling every single thing but nothing works it's almost a week and I searched in many forums for a solution but it is not the same problem Can you help me please It is driving me crazy

A:Wifi connects to other networks but not my home network

Probably won't help, but what does Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center show for your connection? And, when there, go to Change adapter settings. Once there, right click on whatever adapter icons are shown, and run Diagnose. For the heck of it, you could try Ethernet both through the router and directly to your modem. Does you computer have a manual external switch for turning wifi on and off?

And, try using WPA2 if not already doing so. Is Norton completely uninstalled to the point where Windows Defender is working?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21187-wifi-connects-other-networks-but-not-my-home-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Is there any component that I could use in Delphi to connect and transfer files to and from the Fasttrack network?

Thanks

A:Delphi component that connects to Fasttrack network?

Not legally, unless you have some big $$ to spend on access to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delphi-component-that-connects-to-fasttrack-network.163854/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I am having trouble getting my HP dv us laptop uses Windows XP to connect to my home network I ve already asked a few computer-savvy people for tips but they seem confused by the problem as well so I m trying again About six months ago I was having problems with my laptop internet browsers First it stopped allowing me to use Firefox then the newer versions of IE until finally the connects longer home Laptop network to no only browser I could use was an old version of IE I sent the computer in to HP for repair telling Laptop no longer connects to home network them of the browser problem as well as asking them to fix the broken speakers and a problem with the battery one day went from working perfectly to suddenly dropping to zero power whenever I unplugged it When I got the computer back I took it to the library and was able to connect to the free network there Firefox Laptop no longer connects to home network worked just fine So far so good However at my own house I have been unable to connect to the internet for months Laptop no longer connects to home network now I ve tried everything I can think of I just ran a WindowsXP repair CD as well as the driver installation CD Since I got the computer back I have been unable to renew my IP address and now that I ran the repair CD I apparently have quot media disconnected quot The laptop has a strong signal from my router but it connects with quot limited or no connectivity quot when I enter the WEP key Oddly enough twice two computer-savvy people have been able to get the computer to connect to my home network by playing around with the passwords WEP key etc but a few minutes later it s unconnected What s really strange is that even when they had it connected so that I could pull up websites the status of my internet connection still SAID quot UNconnected quot I can t even start to think what the problem could be My sister s laptop is able to connect to the network perfectly and before I sent it into HP I was always able to quickly connect to the home network My guess is that when they wiped the computer clean something must have happened but I have no idea what or how to fix it I m hesitant to send the computer back to them although I will have to eventually because it got sent back with my keyboard popping up Ugh P I have turned off my firewalls so they aren t causing the problem Any advice would be really appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop no longer connects to home network

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If either fails, please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-no-longer-connects-to-home-network.775002/
Relevancy 50.74%

i have a new laptop windows HP touchsmart it connects very rarely and i cant seem to predict when or why it will work i know the internet is fine because it works on my other computer and the HP works fine when it connects it isnt a problem with the connection dropping out really it just wont connect most of the time once it connects its pretty good the computer is getting a strong wifi signal for the network but when i try to connect it just says quot windows could connects computer wireless new rarely. network, to not connect to network name quot and none of the windows diagnostic tools have any effect i dont new computer connects to wireless network, rarely. know too many tricks to help here new computer connects to wireless network, rarely. expect maybe disable enable the network device and that dont work when i look online i see a dizzying array of troubleshooting roads to go down for network problems but im hoping someone with experience can tell me the most likely problems knowing that the internet is working the signal is strong but windows gives new computer connects to wireless network, rarely. me that cryptic error nearly every time but i sometimes can connect its as if the computer is moody a successful connection will lead to more success and a failure to connect will lead to a pattern of more failures it has norton internet security on it and i tried disabling the network and web stuff to no effect what kind of problem would likely explain this behavior thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I am using a Linksys BEFW v router b for my wireless network I know it s old but it works fine for me It is hardwired to my Gateway desktop internet from connects Key it on Laptop router's...but to still WEP Network different running XP SP My daughter tried to connect her Dell Inspiron laptop to WEP Network Key on Laptop different from router's...but it still connects to internet my home wireless network She found the network SSID but when she put in the WEP key from the router it wouldn t connect That led us to check my Dell Inspiron which was and has been connected When we checked the Network key on the it only had spaces asterisks instead of the for the router s WEP Yet it still worked ok My Inspiron uses an Inter R PRO Wireless ABG network adaptor In the Wireless Network Connection Properties Network Connections under Wireless Network Key it says This network requires a key for the following Network Authentication Open Data Encryption WEP Network Key asterisks I tried to put in the digit WEP key from the router confirmed it when I clicked quot OK quot the laptop was connected But in the quot Network Key quot box there were again only asterisks I m obviously glad my laptop is connected at home and my daughter s laptop connects to her wireless network in her apartment in another city And when I go on trips I ve had no problem in hotels connecting to their wireless networks And she apparently connects fine WEP Network Key on Laptop different from router's...but it still connects to internet at other locations I m sure both the laptops can utilize WAP but my old router only has WEP and it is currently set for bit I can t help but think however that my daughter s inability to connect with the digit WEP Key of the router is somehow related to my s automatically changing the number of digits in its Network key box and since they are asterisks I don t know what key it is using My guess is that a solution to one of these perplexing issues will lead to solving the other one Does anyone have any thoughts Any additional information you need from me Thank you nbsp

A:WEP Network Key on Laptop different from router's...but it still connects to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wep-network-key-on-laptop-different-from-routers-but-it-still-connects-to-internet.769821/
Relevancy 50.74%

having this problem for the past week and a half or so. Just happened all of a sudden. I can connect locally to my wireless network, but not to the Internet. Any idea as to why this might be? Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks for your time!