Windows Support Forum

Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop

Q: Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop

Ok I have a Dell Latitude D with a Intel Pro wireless lan mini pci adapter internal on my computer The router is a linksys wrt gs v router The laptop will constantly disconnect and reconnect from the router mostly when I am downloading something Sometimes laptop constantly disconnects Wireless network the network will lock up and disappear completely under View network connections The problem only occurs at my GF s Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop apartment And i know its not poor signal in the walls cause she just moved and have the same problems in the new place I have the same make and model router Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my place and have no problems I also have no problems when I connect to the wireless network Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my school I also have no problems with the network using my girlfriends laptop Also my ps has no problems connecting wireless to the router either so i m pretty sure the problem is not the router but is the laptop but why only having problems with this router is really puzzling me I m at a loss of what to do i updated the firmware on the router updated the drivers on my laptop and still no solution I also changed the router s channel to one that wasn t being used by any other networks in the area nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 92.88%

I have a wireless home network set constantly Solved: disconnects on computer Wireless one network up with desktop computers and laptops Most of the computers have no problems but one gets disconnected almost immediately if the network is left idle for a short time usually takes less than a minute The only way I can stay connected is to constantly download a file browse online without stopping play a game online etc If I stop Windows XP SP still displays the network as connected usually with Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer Excellent or Very Good Signal Strength yet I cannot do anything online I can t even successfully ping the router a Netgear WGT v until I disconnect from the network then reconnect Simply clicking repair does not fix anything My network adapter is an Airlink AWLH g Wireless PCI Adapter I have all power saving options disabled so I don t believe the adapter is turning itself off I previously had an Airlink router but moved and it got lost so I now have the Netgear router Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer I never had any problems connecting the other router If I use my laptop in the same room as the desktop it has no problems so I don t think the location of the computer Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer is a problem Any suggestions of what could be causing this problem on this computer Thanks in advance and feel free to ask any questions for further clarification -Jeff nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

Hi, I've got a wifi router Edimax BR-6204Wg that is serving several computers in my home. All of them run Linux. The network is WPA-protected, only registered MAC addresses can connect.

All is well until I boot to Windows on ANY computer I've tried (both Dell Latitude). What happens next is that Windows connects to the network, disconnects after a while and all the other computers disconnect from the network as well. The Windows laptop then connects again and as long as there is no other connected computer on the network, stays connected.

I am a rather advanced user but cannot read Ethereal dumps, so I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-laptop-disconnects-other-machines-on-home-wireless-network.635001/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a new laptop with a built in 802.11G adapter. It connects to my router, but then disconnects periodically, sometimes it reconnects right away, other times I have to turn the wireless adapter off and back on before it reconnects. Any advice would be helpful. Is it possible it has something to do with SP2 as this is the first time I've ever used it and this is the first time I'm having problems.

A:Wireless disconnects constantly.

SP2 and the wireless adapters built in connection utility on alot of models do not play nice so usually you have to pick one or the other to use. As well you will probably want to check the channel your on as something else may be causing interferance. Have you tried your laptop in other wirelesas areas? You may want to do that to have piece of mind that your card and configuration of your laptop is working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects-constantly.407959/
Relevancy 78.26%

When on Windows 7 (release 7100, 64 bit), the wireless internet disconnects after/during downloading a file, game downloads updates, or even when playing an online game. The internet still appears to be connected to my network however a message mentions "limited access". If I disconnect from the network, I am unable to reconnect to the network (error comes up).

This issue does not occur when using Ubuntu (dual boot) or on other computers connected to the internet (using Win XP/Vista). And does not occur when directly connected to the internet.

I also have noticed somewhat of an issue that may be relating to this problem. My network adapter is Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card F5D7000. However, Windows 7 recognizes the network card as "Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card"

Thanks for any help~

A:Wireless Constantly Disconnects

I've got the same exact problem. I have a Rosewill RNX-N2X wireless adapter. My computer does the same thing - the wireless connection comes up with limited access and it won't connect again.

Along with this though, when this happens, my CPU starts getting eaten up to almost 90% usage by something. When I try to shut down, it just locks at the shutting down screen, and I have to hold in the button.

The connection works most of the time when just surfing the web, but when making my account for this site it decided to disconnect. I've tried changing the wireless security, channel, drivers, etc... When I try a wired connection, the connection stays fine under heavy load, so it must be something with wireless drivers or something..Please help!

Edit: Also, my router is a D-Link DIR-655, but I don't think it's the problem. A Windows 7 laptop does not have any problems with this using the same router.

Edit 2: Nevermind, wireless disconnects even when surfing web after about 3-4 minutes, but downloads stop it instantly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23476-wireless-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I CANNOT take this anymore Over the past two weeks our connection has progressively gotten worse and worse to the point now where I m lucky enough to stay online minutes not ISP Wireless disconnects- constantly Solved: at a time Our ISP is AT Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP amp T and before this our net used to get easily Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP disconnected by a phone call we are to get this problem in itself solved soon with filters The modem router is connected to my mother s computer downstairs She never seems to have any problems with connectivity or at least not as much as I do I m running wireless in the room right above her and I have never had this bad of a problem until recently Any wireless connection upstairs drops constantly and becomes horribly slow or disconnects completely it is still connected to the router We called our ISP and they claimed it was not a problem on their end The tech support was actually very thorough and he did everything he could from tests to helping me reset our modem back to factory settings in case there was anything possibly wrong with the modem itself- which is not that old - years give or take I ve tried multiple times to disconnect the modem and reconnect to restart the system which used to work this issue is something completely different I updated my wireless networking card driver and the problem persists I don t know what else to do and my patience has worn thin on this issue It s very bizarre and I have tried to search for anything similar but to no avail PLEASE if anyone can help let me know and if you need any more information and thank you so much in advance if you have any idea in which to help me with this problem Here is the Ipconfig if it helps at all Windows IP Configuration Host Name amie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Ada pter Physical Address - - -DA-CC-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f b da a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - F- - F-C -DB- - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - F-C -DB- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address - -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -A B - -A - FD br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c bba b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c bba b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Loca... Read more

Relevancy 77.4%

I want to apologize in advanced for my lengthy post I recently upgraded my systems to and Reconnects Wireless Constantly Disconnects Windows Ultimate -bit Ultimate edition on both my desktop and laptop and have changed my router to a D-Link DGL- Here is some information on my systems Dell Inspiron Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects desktop - wired Windows Ultimate -bit Intel PWLA GT Mbps PCI PRO GT Desktop Adapter x RJ Sony VAIO VGN-CR laptop - wireless Windows Ultimate -bit Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link AGN Wireless connection is managed by Windows D-Link DGL- settings Basic Wireless Settings Band GHz Mode Mixed n g b Auto Channel Scan Disabled Wireless Channel GHz - Channel Transmission Rate Best Channel Width MHz Advanced Wireless Settings Transmit Power High Beacon Period RTS Threshold Fragmentation Threshold DTIM Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects Interval WLAN Partition Disabled WMM Enabled Short GI Enabled I have been getting choppy speeds on my desktop and my laptop disconnects and reconnects constantly I ended up disabling a few other settings on my router which were not mentioned above I disabled Gamefuel the firewall SPI and I changed the NAT Endpoint Filtering for both UDP and TCP to Endpoint Independent This sped up my wired connection a bit but didn t help my wireless I also changed some of my wireless adapter settings on my laptop to show the following n Channel Width for band Auto n Mode Enabled Ad Hoc Channel b g Ad Hoc Power Management Disabled Ad Hoc QoS Mode WMM disabled Fat Channel Intolerant Disabled Mixed Mode Protection CTS-to-Self enabled Roaming Aggressiveness Lowest Throughput Enhancement Disabled Transmit Power Highest Wireless Mode a b g Nothing has worked I don t think it s my laptop only because I can connect to one of my neighbor s unsecured connections Another thing is that my Blackberry cannot connect to my network either It can pick up other wireless connections but not mine I used the PBC security method to set up the connection I don t know if this would help but there are at least other wireless connections that my laptop can see I normally wouldn t mind picking up free wi-fi but I would prefer to connect to my own network since I have a NAS server set up Please HELP nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,
I have ATT Uverse Internet, and an att uverse gateway, and on my computer the wireless keeps randomly disconnecting. Over the past few weeks it has started doing this more and more often, for instance today I can't get connection for more than 5 minutes before it disconnects. However, the wireless works on my other computer, Xbox, and iphone, so I'm not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi im new to this forum I have some problems with my network To begin i have a D-Link DI- wireless router with latest firware And i have pc's and a laptop All computers have D-Link wireless network adapters which can have a throughput of mb so can the wireless router The network is fine No problems Constantly Network Drive Disconnects My pc has a HDD that the whole network can put there stuff on they have full access to it But my brothers pc and my dads laptop keep losing connection to after a certain amount Network Drive Constantly Disconnects of time But my sisters pc has no problems it wont loose connection Here are some basic specs of the pc's Mine Windows XP Pro x SP AMD Athlon X gb SATA Master HDD not shared gb ATA Slave HDD full access gb DDR RAM Dual Channel Brothers Windows XP Home SP Intel P HTT ghz gb ATA Master HDD not Shared gb DDR RAM Sisters Windows Network Drive Constantly Disconnects Vista Home Basic Intel Core Duo ghz i think gb ATA Master HDD not shared gb DDR RAM Dads Laptop Window XP Home SP AMD Athon gb ATA Master HDD Not Shared mb DDR RAM Any ideas If you need more info just say

A:Network Drive Constantly Disconnects

Anyone going to help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-drive-constantly-disconnects-144284.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I have a network with up to a dozen computers at any one time.
All have static ips
Most are wired.

The prob is between 2 wireless computers.
If I run both comps with windows xp, all is fine.
But 1 of the pcs is often booted from a live (Puppy) Linux cd.
When I boot using Linux, both of these pcs start dis/reconnecting to the network, every few minutes.
The nics both have different macs, & they are both assigned their own static ips correctly.
Another wireless pc on the network is not affected.

Any ideas why the disconnects & how to solve this prob?

PS. I am using a Netgear 824 router.

Thanks for any replies

Rob

Relevancy 76.54%

Hello For the past months or so I ve had trouble with my internet and have tried recently to fix it since it annoys me insanely Here s my setup - Sony Vaio FE laptop with Vista Home Premium -bit service pack - Router is a Verizon FiOS MI WR reconnects disconnects Wireless and constantly internet - A desktop is connected through wire and doesn t Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly experience the problems Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly Here s the problem My wireless internet constantly disconnects and then reconnects right away for seemingly no reason Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly I can t find a pattern sometimes I have no dropouts for hours sometimes it happens every - seconds for a few minutes I have tried the following - Updating drivers for both the router there was none and my wireless network card - Changing router channels to - Changing to static IP and back - Scanning my computer for viruses with Security Essentials and Spybot removing any bad stuff it found - Doing diagnostics through the router doing a ping test to my computer but it just says quot test failed quot and doesn t help me any further None of that helped and the situation remained the same From the tons of stuff I ve read online I know a few things that could be wrong but I m not sure - There s the wireless phones but the dropouts are completely independent from whenever a phone call is being made or received there s no pattern I don t know if that means anything or if it doesn t matter - I am about feet away from the router the signal has to travel from an office through a living room and into another room where my laptop is However the signal strength is described as quot excellent quot full bars - It could also be a problem with my internal network card For the longest time I ve had a problem with my WiFi switch it has become loose and I have to fiddle with it to keep it on since it sometimes moves to the off position But the dropout happens even when I m not touching the computer which could shake it to the off position and when the switch is on I thought about buying an external USB network adapter thing to bypass a possibly broken internal card but I don t know if that would work and if it would end up being a waste of money - Finally my laptop s power connection is semi-broken on the laptop itself It fell about a foot down onto where the power is plugged in which is on the side and whatever holds the cord into the computer became loose resulting in the computer going to battery for a second before coming back to AC power pretty often It usually happens when typing and there s vibration on the computer from it maybe once or twice an hour I read that using the laptop when it s disconnected from power could result in internet fallouts but the power plug has been broken for over a year while the internet problems didn t show up until about months ago So there s my situation Sorry for the long post and thank you if you read it nbsp

A:Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly

when your internet drops out, does the router still have an internet connection, i.e. is the router still getting an IP address from your ISP? since you said that the desktop is hard-wired into the router and doesn't experience this same problem, i'm assuming this is the case. it seems as though the problem lies more in the wireless connection and not the router or your ISP.

you may need to get a wireless expander because that distance seems fairly long.

a new network card or a wireless USB may help matters, but it still seems like a long distance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-constantly.915917/
Relevancy 76.54%

I've never had this issue before with my Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter model WMP54G. Its not much of a big problem but it is annoying! Connection is great at Excellent but sometimes it just disconnects and then automatically re-connects. It doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of loading a webpage or using the connection in any way either. I've checked for radio frequency interference and there is none in its area. The router is an Actiontec. Also whats frustrating is the connection speed even with an Excellent connection. It tops out at 54Mbps but sometimes drops to 12Mbps or 18Mbps even when there isn't heavy connection activity and the connection runs very slow. Google and web searches have not been successful. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] Wireless Adapter constantly disconnects.

How far away is the access point? What happens if you move directly in front of it? Do the problems still occur?
Are there any walls / Metal objects / fridges (large electrical components etc) between you and the access point?
You can try to swivel the Access Point aerial so it is horizontal instead of vertical or vertical instead of horizontal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wireless-adapter-constantly-disconnects-503426.html
Relevancy 75.68%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have had a problem for the past couple days. I have looked over many places on the internet and have not found a solution.

The problem is my computer ASUS ul 30-a up until a few days ago was running fine on wireless until a couple of days ago when the wireless constantly was cutting out every minute or so and reconecting 10-15 seconds later. I have reformatted my computer and installed multiple new driver from the Asus website. When wired into the router the internet works perfectly. But wireless even directly next to it does not work. Their are 2 other laptops in the house neither which have had any problem dropping connections. Another thing I fine odd is that my computer is perfectly fine on my wireless at school. I have tried resetting the router and multiple router setting but still nothing. Renew release Ip, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 74.82%

After years of my laptop running flawlessly I ve started having major problems connecting to my router the internet I noticed the problems started happening after I did a huge gb download My computer constantly but randomly disconnects for random intervals of time If I do while computers constantly other not disconnects Laptop m lucky it ll connect just fine but once it disconnects it ll most likely not work for quite some time The other computers cellphones etc aren t having any problems with connecting and it s only my laptop Sometimes it seems to go on a quot Identifying Name No internet access quot loop or it connects to the router but I get no internet access And whenever I troubleshoot it it never really helps anything and I never get a consistent reason as to why it isn t working The laptop is an Asus running Windows Windows IP Configuration Host Name Katie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- B-D - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- B-D - A- F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - B- - -F -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D -E A - FCC-BCD -B DC FA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ca comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B C D-E B- FA -BDB -E C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Mine is Dell Inspiron Os Windows Ultimate x My laptop wifi works fine for some period of time but suddenly the current wireless connection gets disconnected and no wireless networks appear in the list The network connection icon in taskbar changes to no network connection small monitor with yellow exclamation icon The wireless adapter is still enabled only Well i found a way to bring back the connection and to show the available wireless networks by disabling and enabling the dell wireless adapter under quot change adapter settings quot in abruptly network adapter, wireless Problem disconnects with wireless Network and sharing center But this problem keeps repeating at Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly unpredictable intervals and i have Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly to disable and enable the wireless adapter everytime Please help me with Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly a solution I have already tried the following Re-installing updating wireless network drivers Re-installing entire OS with full format of all hard drives Disabled unchecked quot allow computer to turn off this device to save power quot option under power management tab of dell wireless adapter properties Changed the power saving options for wireless adapter to quot maximise perfomance quot for both on battery and plugged in modes Having tried all these still no luck the problem persists I borrowed a digisol wireless USB adapter from my friend this works fine all the time with no issues I have no idea why mine is not working properly please do help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383002-problem-wireless-adapter-wireless-network-disconnects-abruptly.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Every so often, my WiFi on my PC will just stop working. It will disconnect from my wireless network, and then when I try to manually connect, it's not listed. Sometimes a restart works, sometimes it doesn't. This last time I had to restart twice. I know the WiFi router is not having problems, because my phone and AppleTV stay connected and stream just fine. The first times I noticed this, I was actually browsing the web and talking on Steam when it occurred. The last two times however, I left my computer on to finish up some downloads, came back in the morning, and it had disconnected and corrupted my downloads. Any help is greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance.

A:Wireless network disconnects, then fails to see the wireless network

Hello and welcome to 7 Forums ShaneLj.

Is this wifi adapter plugged into your PCi or PCIe slot in the desktop or a USB type adapter?
Would be helpful to also know what brand and model the wifi adapter is in order to Identify any issues that a manufacturer might already have a fix for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332090-wireless-network-disconnects-then-fails-see-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have set up a small wireless network, with two notebooks using wireless dongles. It all works well, but even though I have set the notebooks to connect to the preferred network automatically, every time they restart I have to manually connect and type in the WEP key. This is a big hassle - Why won't they connect to the detected network?

Relevancy 67.08%

Worked fine for six months.
Windows XP.
RCN is the ISP
Linksys Wireless 24 GHz external card

I would assume it's the network or the card, but I can right-click the icon in the systray and choose Repair, and this works SOMEtimes. I can unplug and replug the wireless card (at the card) and this works SOMEtimes.

Generally, I can connect. I suspect that I'll have to reconnect to hit the Submit New Thread button now, though. (and I did)

Relevancy 67.08%

Hey everyone I got my Toshiba notebook a few months back and have usb please wireless after disconnects ejection. help! network been having this problem from the start At first it wasn't happening very often and hence it wasn't that big a deal but now it's getting annoying due to the frequency What happens After I eject any form of USB connections wireless network disconnects after usb ejection. please help! occurs most frequently with my external HDD and other sorts of thumbdrives my wireless network connection disconnects I always try to go to the quot network and sharing centre quot tab and quot disable quot and quot enable quot the connection but it rarely works Most of the time the pop-up that says something like quot enabling wireless wireless network disconnects after usb ejection. please help! connection quot doesn't go away It sort of 'hangs' but not exactly either as I'm still able to use other parts of the notebook I've tried many things but the ONLY fix I've found is to restart the computer HOWEVER it isn't a normal restart It takes about - minutes to restart There is this blue ms dos screen is that what it's called right after it restarts but it's only there for like seconds and then it asks me if I want to start windows in normal mode or safe mode I would really appreciate it if anyone could provide any sort of fix for this Thanks so wireless network disconnects after usb ejection. please help! much in advance

A:wireless network disconnects after usb ejection. please help!

Hi since your getting bsod's please follow the instructions here
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-network-disconnects-after-usb-ejection-please-help-519862.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Ok so i got Windows Ultimate about last week and havent been able to solve this problem I was running vista home premium and got ultimate and did a clean install Everything worked fine until the internet disconnected My of tim after random disconnects period Network Wireless computer is running on wireless so Wireless Network disconnects after random period of tim i checked my laptop and the internet was working on it On the pc running ultimate i went to device manager and disabled the turn off to save power but nothing works The internet only works when i turn in on it works for about min to up to hours I dont know what to doo please help Also when Wireless Network disconnects after random period of tim the internet craps out the computer does too For example if i try to run fireworks on it it will lag Most of the time it doesnt Wireless Network disconnects after random period of tim even open up the program When i try to open a program when its acting like this it will freeze Specs Hp a y Amd Phenom X quad core gb of ram Nvidia Geforce Usb wireless b g adaptor If you need any more info let me know

A:Wireless Network disconnects after random period of tim

I have the same problem, would be great if someone could help us out

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/29190-wireless-network-disconnects-after-random-period-tim.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,
I have a verizon cellular modem(dial up) that constantly disconnects when I am connected to both the internet via the modem and wireless (ad hoc) network. When only using cell modem no prob but wireless network disconnects every 4-6 minutes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cell-modem-disconnects-with-wireless-network.805299/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have recently subscribed to a local cable ISP and have a Linksys wireless router broadcasting throughout my house. About every half hour, my wireless internet icon in the task bar flashes that it is connected to my home connnection at full signal, and then just after, disconnects.

I am running a toshiba laptop with windows XP pro SP3
In Wireless Network Connection Properties, I have my home internet connect configured at the top of the list in wireless networks, the box that says "use windows to automatically configure..." is checked. Under my connection's properties, it is set to connect even if it's not broadcasting, and to connect when it is in range.

Even when it disconnects, you can see that it still shows up in my wireless networks list at full signal, but it does not automatically connect.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 66.22%

I saw reconnect Wireless IP. network get won't connection and disconnects, this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t wireless-connection-stuck-on-acquiring-network-addressforever First I Wireless network connection disconnects, won't reconnect and get IP. want to say that I don't think there was ever a malware problem on this machine a Lenovo R It worked ok for a long time but a year or so ago it started disconnecting from the wireless network It would say connected and acquiring network address but it never completed I did a network tcp ip reset on it that didn't change anything I got another identical wifi bluetooth card and changed it no difference A few days ago it was working then stopped with the acquiring network address and as a test I gave it a static IP on the local network and it connected It worked until I shut down Today I booted up same static IP configured and it worked OK for about an hour Then it stopped working and said acquiring network address even though it had a static number configured I checked Very odd So something is amiss here More than meets the eye I started reading threads including the one I referenced above I compared some of the regedits that were recommended then but nothing really stood out I did notice that even though the Remote Procedure Call RPC Service is marked as started and automatic the start stop buttons are grayed I could not determine for sure that it's running or not but I admit I don't know that it needs to be running Admittedly this is an odd one It could be a hardware problem on the motherboard but I can't find any evidence of that Any ideas

A:Wireless network connection disconnects, won't reconnect and get IP.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569816/wireless-network-connection-disconnects-wont-reconnect-and-get-ip/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys I am desperate for your help In my years of using the Internet I never had to consult a forum directly I always found my answer googling the problem Not this time though Even though there are thousands of problems and answers regarding random disconnects from wireless networks none of them helped me out here is why Due to my job I am on the go all the time and have therefore in the past without any issues quickly connected to something like wireless networks Everything always worked as one would expect Now I am at a new place and I keep getting disconnected from the wireless network This happens after mins mins even h after connecting Usually I dont have to use the Troubleshooting Random Router Disconnects Causes Wireless Network wireless will just reconnect by itself within a matter of seconds However constant disconnects annoy me and I Router Causes Random Wireless Network Disconnects need to get rid of this Since I never had this issue for yrs with the exact same hardware and software configuration I am thinking the problem must be on the router's side Since I dont consider myself a newb in this regard I feel save to say that all router configurations look okay I didnt see anything odd that could cause this I am hesitant to change settings on my machine that I found when googling because I was always able to connect without any problems to any wireless network It seems just this one at my new place causes issues Can anyone help Config - Win bit Home Premium on Asus Laptop with Atheros AR wireless adapter - Drivers up to date - Router Speedport W V - Dynamic IP assigned by router - No results on Malware Virus etc scans used MalwareAntibytes TrendMicro Online Scanner for search - using LinuxMint bit on Virtualbox starting exiting numerous times a day - Router sitting right next to me so always perfect signal - hijackthis doesnt find any suspicious processes

A:Router Causes Random Wireless Network Disconnects

Hi murphy347,

Welcome to SevenForums.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that your present location is much more susceptible to Radio Frequency Interference.

Did you try changing the channel in the Wireless Settings of your router? ( There are 13 ) Atleast one should prove to be better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252288-router-causes-random-wireless-network-disconnects.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Linksys Wireless-G router and a Linksys PCI card My router is in another room probably or so feet away Everything seems to work fine BUT the internet will disconnect for like a second every minutes or so It s briefly Linksys disconnects minutes. - few network wireless every like the card loses the Linksys wireless network - disconnects briefly every few minutes. signal not the router Or I suppose it could be the router There is a cordless phone but it s in a different room from the router and barely used This is an Linksys wireless network - disconnects briefly every few minutes. extremely frustrating problem as I play online games and a disconnect like this all the time is totally unacceptable I have tried switching channels through the router setup page and tinkering here and there with my network options but I am not very knowledgeable about such things I even bought larger antennas for the router but it doesn t help anything I read about this problem posted here a while back but the thread was pretty dead Guy had the exact same equipment and problem that I did But the problem was never solved or so I assume by the lack of replies or followups If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it I don t want to spend another for long cabling after I spent all of this money before to avoid the cables in the first place Thanks nbsp

A:Linksys wireless network - disconnects briefly every few minutes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wireless-network-disconnects-briefly-every-few-minutes.371004/
Relevancy 65.79%

i have an 802.11 n/g/b Wireless Lan USB adapter and just recently its been disconncting itself from the home network and then when i try reconnct it cant find any wireless networks at all. i have found a fix but it gets annoying after every 15 mins to half an hour of disabling the wireless network adapter and then re-enabling. not sure whats going on please help!

A:Wireless Network adapter disconnects then cant find networks help!

How is your signal strength? If you haven't already, you could try using a 3 foot USB extension so you can move the dongle to a more favorable reception position. If that doesn't help, just get a new one. I use one of these for one of my PCs and they seem to tend to fail after awhile.

I'm using a Rosewill USB adapter now and that one has been the most reliable so far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-adapter-disconnects-then-cant-find-networks-help.162363/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, i have a problem

my laptop disconnects from the network from time to time ONLY when my sister is connected to the network with her laptop at the same time. At any other time, my internet runs smoothly.. her laptop never disconnects, only mine!

My laptop: Toshiba Satellite running Windows 7 Home Premium
Sisters: Hewlett Packard running Windows Vista Business with SP2

My router is a 'Home Network Gateway' from Telstra Bigpond.

I think that should be enough info for an expert to figure out the problem, please help! thanks!

A:Laptop disconnects from network

can anybody help me? please!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-disconnects-from-network-511322.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite S t-A rencently It has Windows not The network wireless adaptor is Realtek RTL E Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Unfortunately when I close the laptop lid the wireless internet connection disconnects I tried the following I made sure to go to the Realtek Wireless Network Adaptor in Device Manager and unchecked the quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot I also closed disconnects when Wireless is lid laptop went to the Power Options and set it so it does Nothing when Wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed the lid is closed In Advanced Power Settings I Wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed changed the Wireless Adaptor Settings' Power Saving Mode to Maximum Performance I updated the wireless network adaptor driver and that did not help I also removed it and put back an older driver which did not help either I removed the Toshiba Eco power management program that came with the computer I restarted the computer several times and I still have this problem The other laptops with Windows at our house do not do this Now I have to leave the laptop lid open when I am downloading something that will take awhile because the wifi shuts off after a few moments when I close the lid Has anyone else experienced this Is there a way to fix this I'm not sure if this is a Toshiba problem or Windows problem I'm tempted to return the laptop since this is quite annoying I tried searching the forum first but couldn't find anything helpful

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35595-wireless-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 65.36%

sometimes "com surrogate not working" error comes but i dont think that is the problem behind disconnection main issue is that while is close the lid of my  laptop, after sometime it disconnects wifi automaticallyin the power options the closing lid option has been selected to do nothingthen also problem persistsdont know what to dowhen is open the lid again it connects

A:wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed

Hi, You can turn this off using Device Manager (a) Go to Device Manager,(b) Expand Network adapters,(c) Right click Wireless adapter and select Properties,(d) Go to Power Management tab,(e) Untick Allow the computer to turn off ...(f) Click Ok/Apply             Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-is-closed/td-p/5640429
Relevancy 65.36%

Dell Inspiron 600m, Win XP SP2, New Belkin wireless G router, only machine with connection problems;
No nearby phone or trouble with other nearby networks.
There is one other machine wired to the router.

The laptop can connect. However, it will disconnect after ~5 minutes. When viewing the wireless networks, it will say that it is connected to the network, however it must not be as I can't open the router page, and it will not ping it.

Thoughts? Suggestions? What other info do you need?

A:Wireless laptop randomly disconnects

Some things you can try here.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-laptop-randomly-disconnects.789130/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I've looked through all the Windows options and used Google several times but I can't find a solution to this problem I bought a new is laptop disconnects internet Wireless when closed lid Sony Vaio VPCF M E all drivers are up-to-date and the options are correct I have the lid close action on quot do nothing quot and the box in the device manager - gt wireless lan driver unchecked so it's NOT allowed to turn off the device to save power Still whenever I close the lid on my laptop the wireless internet connection disconnects The actual wireless lan connections are still there when I open the lid my laptop is just not connected to the internet Also this seems to happen just whenever my laptop feels like it Sometimes the internet will be disconnected after minutes sometimes after hours I also left Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed an application running over night that constantly uses Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed the network connection to see if it disconnects while idling but when I woke up in the morning the wlan was disconnected as usual It's not my router it doesn't turn off the internet after X idle time and the network works fine when I leave my laptop open The problem I have with leaving my laptop open all the time is my cat Cat hair is a killer for poor computers I had an MSI laptop before I didn't have this problem My boyfriend also has a Medion that doesn't have this problem The th laptop in the house an Acer Aspire G has the same problem however Both laptops have Windows Professional bit installed as did the MSI laptop before where everything worked fine If you need any more information please let me know Please also note that this problem occurs on every internet connection - I have been in different networks so far always the same problem Also I had the same problem with a LAN cable so lan connection as well Thanks for your time

A:Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed

No suggestions? :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113139-wireless-internet-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi, I have Lenovo B570 with windows7 installed. To avoid internet disconnection problem, I changed settings in Control Panel as follows:
In Power Options, then in advance settings I selected options "Do Nothing" When laptop lid closes...
It resolves my problem partially... After closing the lid if system does not get lock then internet connection works fine but if system goes to lock state (this happens when lid closed time is more than 20 mins) then after login, the internet connection is visible as disconnected.
Any suggestions?

A:Wireless Internet disconnects when i close laptop lid

Are your drivers updated to the newest one avaible ??

Also you can try disabling this:

it's in dutch but I think you know where to find it

Device Manager > select your Network driver > and do what you see in the picture (but ! disable it)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/205740-wireless-internet-disconnects-when-i-close-laptop-lid.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I m having a strange problem with my wireless internet that I just cannot figure out I m running Vista and it disconnects every or so minutes and sometimes within the same minute period I don t really know when it started because Only network my minutes laptop disconnects the in 15 every about it only happened when I got back from college this summer Every other computer Only my laptop in the network disconnects about every 15 minutes in the house works fine I ve tried so many things on the net and have even replaced the router Doubt it would be a virus Oh it also works on any other network fine on campus and even my neighbor s I am baffled but I ve provided some information here Thank you so much Router - D-Link DIR- Xtreme N gigabit router ISP - Cox cable Laptop - HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Hijack this log - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Users Francis AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe c Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Multimedia Card Reader readericon exe C Program Files x DigitalPersona Bin DpAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media DVD DVDAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media TSMAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media TV TVAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files x Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files x AIM aim exe C Program Files x AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files x Hp Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jucheck exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C PROGRA FOXITS FOXITR FOXITR EXE C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Francis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R... Read more

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone.
I have a problem with the wireless connection of my laptop. It disconnects about every 30 minutes and then it reconnects after a few seconds. This happens when I'm at one my my parent's houses but not at my friends house.
This problem is particularly annoying when I'm in the middle of an online game of Age of Empires III because you get kicked out instantly when you lose the connection for even one second.
I don't know much about modems or routers but if you need more details about them I could look for them.
Also I couldn't find anything on Google or the forums but please send me a link if you find anything.

All help appreciated!

A:Laptop wireless disconnects periodically (Sony VAIO)

Hi Nusaik,

That seems to be interference with nearby wireless networks or electronics. Also, depending on how far your laptop is from their wireless router.

Next time that you stop by at your parents home, ask their permission first if they will let you do a minor change in their router settings, if they won't let you, perhaps another option is a wired connection.

On your next visit, please Install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.
Click on the 'Show Networks' to display all wireless networks on the xirrus icon on your desktop of if you have one running in a corner. Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached it here, click on Go Advanced and locate Manage Attachments Tab and attached the file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174142-laptop-wireless-disconnects-periodically-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a HP G - DX Notebook that I have been using to access the internet Lately I have been and Xbox 360 randomly Laptop and from ethernet wireless disconnects experiencing random disconnects that will last from maybe seconds to minutes They will happen maybe every hour or two and are becoming really annoying At first I was using the laptops wifi abilities to connect to my router So when these disconnects began to happen I tried plugging in an Ethernet cable into the router and still experience the same disconnects The only other devices in Laptop and Xbox 360 disconnects randomly from wireless and ethernet the house that experience this is the xbox which is connected with an ethernet cable aswell The router that I had was an old netgear router but in the past week we got a new router which is a SMCD GNV I have only had it working today and I had the problem maybe - times within the first hours with both the wifi and ethernet connection I have tried updating the firmware and resetting the router and modem I just don't know what the problem is or how to fix it

A:Laptop and Xbox 360 disconnects randomly from wireless and ethernet

Bump

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267287-laptop-xbox-360-disconnects-randomly-wireless-ethernet.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Lenovo G intel core randomly read it my all help me,i've from ONLy,please laptop disconnects Network i - Mwindows ultimatebroadcom n network adapterFor almost a month i've been having issues with my laptop because it randomly disconnects from network for a reason i still can't identify It may work fine for an hour then the wireless network card disconnects Every now and then or every minutes depends on the day i guess i've been reading lots of forums about this and found nothing to work so Network randomly disconnects from my laptop ONLy,please help me,i've read it all farthis is what i tried -everything is on maximum performance-i unclicked allow the computer to turn off this device to save power -disabled some ip helper in services-checked everything that has to do with the router changing channels interference with other routers or wifi's the hardware part SEEMS just fine the laptop is pretty new it has like an year and never had any problems with it -checking for drivers updates it says that i have the latest version-fully scanned the laptop for viruses and none was detected-didn t install any program lately that might cause this-network signall is excellentAnd still nothing worked NOTHING I'm really desperate right now The only thing that makes the network work again almost instantly like - sec while if i let it restart by itself it takes from minutes to even - minutes is turning off and then on again the wireless network card i do that by pressing the airplane mode button so any help pleaseeee i noticed that this happens a lot to other users too

A:Network randomly disconnects from my laptop ONLy,please help me,i've read it all

Hi,

Try to follow the suggestion on the topic here see if it helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622648/network-randomly-disconnects-from-my-laptop-onlyplease-help-meive-read-it-all/
Relevancy 63.21%

Laptop is only months old and Dell support won t help because I don from 3000 Inspiron 15 laptop disconnects Internet/Network t have Inspiron 15 3000 laptop disconnects from Internet/Network a software maintenance contract and don t want to pay for support on a new laptop The laptop has been having issues with the connections to the Internet and network for Inspiron 15 3000 laptop disconnects from Internet/Network a few weeks This Inspiron 15 3000 laptop disconnects from Internet/Network is my husband s computer and he doesn t remember if this was a problem from day I noticed that the WIFI options under Settings Network disappeared I went through the diagnostics and did a repair and it now shows WIFI nbsp When trying to troubleshoot problem with ldquo no internet connection rdquo I get the message There is no Internet connection try checking the network cables modem and router reconnecting to Wi-Fi Running Windows Network Diagnostics I ran the Windows Network Diagnostics for the Network Card and it passed all of the tests I checked the connection and it says it is connectedTroubleshooter can t find a problem says it is connected but still can t connect to Internet I have many computers connected to the routers I use and never have a problem with the Internet nor Networking nbsp I brought the laptop in my office and connected the laptop to a Eternet cable that works for another computer and I am sure the problem is with the new Dell Inspiron laptop I suspect this may be an issue with Windows drivers but not sure what to check next I see that other types of Dell computers have had issues with the network drivers and had to go back to Windows drivers but not everybody has had success using the old drivers and some experienced other issues Any suggestions

A:Inspiron 15 3000 laptop disconnects from Internet/Network

If you have McAfee Life Safe (antivirus) on the system, disable it.  That likely will solve the problem - if it does, your best course of action is to uninstall that software and use the built-in Microsoft Defender (it'll automatically turn on once McAfee is gone).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996997
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

I have a laptop in our office that is about 4 months old and is constantly identifying the wireless network. I have tried everything! I even have just re formatted it and re installed everything from scratch but I still have the same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Daniel

A:Wireless Constantly Identifying Network

Hi,

Many of these issues are caused by drivers, this frequently happened on my IBM T42, it identifies a network, connects and then disconnects. Give details on the laptop or at least the laptop brand and model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144841-wireless-constantly-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Problem is with UDP based games and networking I m finding I m getting an extremely consistant too regular lag wireless constantly minute.. every spikes network xp pro spike every - seconds and lasts for seconds hence the I think I ve two levels of firewall wireless router which I know for a fact works fine and xp pro wireless network spikes every minute.. constantly a secondary personal firewall sygate With sygate enabled and blocking win services ntoskrnl and scvhost I still get the lag spike I have no idea why ntoskrnl or svchost is trying to use UDP either I ve not seen that before The only difference in network solution is my wireless is a usb netgear ma rather than the pci version I have in my win kpro machine this is because the damn aerial is at the back so usb is to get the device from under the desk Either way they are both wireless does winXPpro do anything like periodically poll for new networks I only allow trusted pc s through mac addresses so I do not worry about wep encryption dont want to slow stuff down I have disabled a lot of my services and put a lot on manual there is a wireless service enabled something I do not remember from win k any help would be extremely helpful thanks bollo nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello, I am running Windows 7.  About every ten minutes my wireless network adapter is disconnecting.  I am running Windows 7.  Is this usually caused by a virus of some sort?  It's not like it's on a timer from some kind of script though.  For example it's been working right now at least for the past 15 mins.   

The behavior is inconsistent also.  I say this because when I right click on the disconnected wifi connection (lower right in the tray) and select "Troubleshoot" about every one out of three times Windows will successfully reset the wireless network adapter.  The other two times it says it can't.  Does this provide a clue as to what it is?

Any help much appreciated.

A:Wireless network adapter - constantly disconnecting

Something that will cause this is wireless interference on a certain channel.

Logon to your router and change the Wifi channel (normally auto, channel 6).

Try channels up and down and see if that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585045/wireless-network-adapter-constantly-disconnecting/
Relevancy 62.78%

This is an area Gamer, constantly. out wireless drops network me I have less knowledge on than other areas Is there a way to optimise my wireless Gamer, wireless network drops me out constantly. router connection When I m in games it drops me out but I still have internetivity I m baffled and I d like to give wireless a good chance instead of thinking it is useless I know a couple other people who use wireless but don t get dropped but experience ping spikes I gather that my dropping out is a result of some ping spiking but it s not all because of a ping spike am I correct Also I put in a DVDROM to install UT and COD I had previously done some MS updates and needed to restart after installing COD When I restarted the DVDrom was no longer detected The DVDrom does have power but it gets cut off when the Windows Loading screen starts up Is this a problem I can fix in setup Also my monitor connection worked it s way loose and I tightened it is this just a coincidence that I tightened the monitor cable and then the DVDrom no longer worked Thanks for any help Eljan nbsp

A:Gamer, wireless network drops me out constantly.

I don't know much at all about networks, so I can't help there, but...

about the DVDROM I believe it is coincidence, but you may wann check once more that all the connections are tight on the DVDROM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gamer-wireless-network-drops-me-out-constantly.97336/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey folks- hoping i could network finding constantly not Wireless disconnecting, reconnecting, get some advice or at least some troubleshooting diagnostics steps to take on an extremely frustrating problem i m having connecting to the internet wirelessly here s what i m working with Gateway GZ Windows XP Home Edition SP Intel PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Driver version Intel Pentium M processor GHz GB RAM I m trying to connect wirelessly to an Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network Airport Time Capsule connection at the office for the most part up until a couple days ago this connection worked well since i ve started having problems other computers at the office Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network all macs have still been able to connect Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network perfectly so the problem seems to be isolated to my computer what happens is that my computer basically will not connect to the internet and when it does disconnects after or seconds looks for the network connects and then repeats it all sometimes when it reconnects it tells me that i m connecting to an unsecured network even though the network is password-protected the quality of the connection varies from quot no signal quot to quot very good quot to quot excellent quot all within the span of a minute or two i also intermittently get the following messages quot this network has limited or no connectivity quot with the little exclamation point inside the yellow triangle quot unable to connect to preferred wireless network quot sometimes when i click on quot view available wireless networks quot it can t find any on the first or second try and then finds the correct network tries to connect and repeats the cycle described above sometimes it ll stay connected for minutes or even - minutes and then suddenly drop off help nbsp

A:Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-constantly-disconnecting-reconnecting-not-finding-network.791902/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I just recently NEW wireless drops laptop constantly purchased a Lenovo Ideapad U I m very satisfied with everything about it except for one little problem It constantly drops the wireless connection unless I m in the same room as the router If I m in the same room everything runs super fast however if I m across the house or upstairs the router is downstairs it ll drop connection every - minutes The weird thing is other devices laptops amp iPhones work just fine Even my old HP laptop has fine connection upstairs so I m starting to think it s a problem with my laptop s wireless card Another thing that makes me think it s the laptop s problem I was with my dad at a public library using their wifi the NEW laptop drops wireless constantly other day My dad s computer ran at an average speed while mine was NEW laptop drops wireless constantly ridiculously slow The card is Intel Centrino Wireless-N I ve updated the driver directly from the Intel website but no help I ve tried changing channels no help I m not sure what else I can do Is it just simply because the laptop has a weak wireless network card It can t be the router s problem right Since all other devices work For the next two years I ll be living in a dorm most likely using a ethernet cable will this problem still appear if I m not using the internet wirelessly I m using Windows Home Premium Intel Core i and since the laptop is new I haven t downloaded installed anything that may have brought in a virus I really need a solution to this problem otherwise I think I might have to return the laptop which I really don t want to do because it has everything I m looking for in a PC Ahhhh this is so aggravating Thanks in advance any help would be great nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I've been using Frontier on my laptop since the holidays but recently have had trouble with my wireless connection. I can connect automatically but the connection is lost every 10-15 minutes. After a moment the computer reconnects but this prevents me from making any downloads and watching videos. PLEASE HELP!

A:laptop will connect to wireless but disconects constantly

would you post the following tests when its working OK and then repeat ALL the tests when it disconnects and make sure you also tells which tests posted are for what condition

if you are also connected by wireless include the xirrus screen shots

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if separate, the make and exact model of the modem

Also please make a note of the status of the light on the modem and on the router when working normally - post back here and then when disconnected post the status of the lights here again if changed

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-connect-to-wireless-but-disconects-constantly.1058546/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a ASUS F3JR laptop with Intel PROset Wireless.. my laptop originally came with XP and i had no issues with wireless but have recently upgraded to Vista but upgraded all drivers
my router is the DG834Gv3 Netgear Wireless with the latest driver, i always have wired internet even when the wireless has gone down on my laptop.. i can connect back to the wireless if i first disconnect then reconnect on my laptop
any way to stop diconnecting all the frikkin time?
any help would be appreciated
thanks

Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Netgear WGR v wireless router connected to my Quest DSL internet connection My HP Pavilion laptop has problems connecting if it is not sitting in the same room as the router The built in wireless card Broadcom will not see the network at all once it is in another room and the card I bought D-Link will pick up a connection in various places in the house but will drop the connection if the computer gets moved my even an inch sometimes less It s extremely eratic Both cards are included in my list of approved MAC addresses and have the correct WEP password There are three other laptops Dell Tosiba Apple that belong to family members or friends that have no problem connecting at all The network signal is strong throughout the house The settings on my connection HP laptop drops constantly wireless HP are all equivalent to the settings on the compters that work so I m can t figure out why I can t connect Anyone have an idea nbsp

A:HP laptop constantly drops wireless connection

Hi, did you try without the MAC filter, I had the same problem with my Linksys router and my Dell Inspirion. I disabled MAC filteringand it's working fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-constantly-drops-wireless-connection.30040/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone this problem has got to the point to where I disconnect Solved: my Router signal from to constantly wireless drops network, seems am not sure what to do next I am a pc technician for a living so I never usually have problems I cannot fix on my own I have a Dell Studio Laptop and its only a few years old I recently upgraded my router to be wireless a year or so ago and have had a few d c issues here and there but mostly has not been a problem Recently I have had tons of d c issues while playing warcraft or browsing the internet in general anything really So I made the mistake of recently updating my WNR V router s firmware from my laptop s wireless connection After I did this I saw all sorts of warnings none built into the firmware itself sigh that this was a big no no Since then my d c issues have been horrible but what it does now is my connection will be Solved: Router seems to constantly disconnect from my network, wireless signal drops completely normal then all of a sudden my wireless access point will switch to No Solved: Router seems to constantly disconnect from my network, wireless signal drops Internet Access and it will drop my internet The Solved: Router seems to constantly disconnect from my network, wireless signal drops only way I can get it back is to go into the other room and reset the router by either unplugging it or pressing the reset button on the back once it reboots and everything my laptop sees the connection again and it has Internet Access fine Soo I went and made the problem much worse the lame part of the situation is before I had this firmware issue I was getting this problem anyways I decided if I could flash a older version of firmware to the router using my desktop that is wired to the router I could then reupdate it to the current version fixing these current issues hopefully I found a old firmware version on netgear com and went to upload it through the router login for my router it then said the file format was unrecognizable or not the right one it was a img file I even tried to mount the file and explore it no go I found another firmware version older than that and attempted to flash that to the router and it began to update then gave me a warning that this firmware was older than my current I click yes and my internet drops and the update never happens So if I did screw the modem up this way I have no idea how to fix it now I have reset it to factory settings but this doesn t affect the firmware version I suspect the firmware has something to do with the recent problems because I have seen the Congratulations You have setup your router and are connected to the internet quot like times these past hrs I downloaded Xirrus wifi inspector and have it running now I tried the ip flush and release stuff and a bunch of tricks ive seen on other forums My system is Windows with a Intel wi-fi link AGN network adapter I have tried rolling back that network driver and messing with the advanced and tcp ip settings Please if anyone can offer any insight or any things to try please do I know something really simple is going on that I am overlooking but I have to start with fixing the firmware or even making sure that has anything to do with this Thanks I should add that the internet works fine wired this is purely a wireless signal router issue I think Also I have the router in the next room over full strength all the time I m on a different channel than every other wireless channel I can see in my neighborhood and I have no interference from devices nbsp

A:Solved: Router seems to constantly disconnect from my network, wireless signal drops

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-seems-to-constantly-disconnect-from-my-network-wireless-signal-drops.1035797/
Relevancy 60.2%

Right, so before this DSL was rarely stable, it was incredibly slow. I solved the problem by directly connecting the modem (a Westell 6100) to the phone jack, as from what I've seen, the three way splitter that was used killed the connection speed. Now the results from doing this was the internet speed being increased sevenfold. The connection I have is from Verizon, not really too sure on the connection, but if it helps, the top speed I have now is about 70 kb/s. I've taken the line quality test from DSLReports, but from what it says, everything is apparently good. Another thing I've noticed too is that the Internet and Ethernet lights on both the router (A Linksys WRT300N) and the modem are constantly flashing. If anyone could help me with this, I'd be grateful, and the link to the test is here. http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2537166

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have been having a problem with my DSL constantly disconnecting I like to play an online game called Rumble Fighter That s pretty much the help. DSL constantly disconnects, only game I play online It used to stay connected pretty good maybe DC DSL constantly disconnects, help. ing once in a while but lately it disconnects about every - mins I can t stay connected and it s getting anonying Here is some info about my setup DSL thru Verizon Modem Westell model W Vonage as phone company PC specs Windows Vista HP F AMD Phenom Quad Core GHz GB of DDR RAM GB HD We have also had problem with Vonage dropping calls I have have contacted them and we have done everything they can on their end to fix it so I am thinking Verizon is the problem I also ran a Line quality test and here is DSL constantly disconnects, help. the results I got http www dslreports com linequality nil Also ran DR Ping from that same site which gives me a result of which I don t know what that means and it says the following Sorry pings gave errors or timeouts from IPs were reachable Any help is greatly appreciated Should I contacted Verizon I am on the West Coast if that DSL constantly disconnects, help. matters Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I have tried a search here but not found a thread with the same problem as mine That may well be my fault I am relatively inexperienced so may be using the wrong search terms My apologies if that is the case I have a Sony Vaio laptop running XP with a built in wireless which can be switched on or off with a sliding button at to causes restart Solved: laptop my constantly switch Wireless the front The laptop Solved: Wireless switch causes my laptop constantly to restart has not been used for a couple of weeks and now I find that it will not start up properly as long as the wireless is switched on If it is on the laptop constantly restarts then crashes and restarts again never getting started up properly If I switch off the wireless it will start perfectly normally If I then switch the wireless on after a normal startup it may take a few seconds or a few minutes but it will then crash and go back to the restart-crash cycle There is an error screen which comes up but it is too briefly displayed to read it or get a screenshot I did a little research and tried a system restore which did not work I also tried restarting without my wireless keyboard and mouse hooked up When I did that and switched on the wireless it stayed up long enough for me to connect to my network the only time it was up long enough then reverted to the restart crash cycle again I d appreciate any suggestions or advice please nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Tearing hair out here Been searching threads here and all over google I have DSL thru Century Link Router is Zyxel pk z laptops being used well they were until my MB fried out My laptop has Win my girlfriends has Vista - Dell inspiron Only had the service for about mo s My laptop was working fine wirelessly Hers drops constantly Currently hers is the only one being used Sometimes shows the red x other times just local only - Drops and reconnects within seconds I have set channel to and disabled IPC in laptop adapter uninstalled reinstalled wireless card in device manager checked for newer driver checked for firmware upgrade in modem set to g n second connectin constantly drops on Wireless Solved: laptop only no option for G only connection strenth is full No wirless phones no close neighbors etc I have read posts indicating the routers are junk other posts saying Vista has issues with certian routers but nothing that pinpoints my exact problem Also just re-loaded Vista the other day Had this problem before and after reload Solved: Wireless connectin drops constantly on second laptop Oh and the laptop works fine hardwired Please help nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

My two desktop computers never break their network connection. My laptop breaks the connection of my home network constantly but never breaks other connections: i.e., when I am using a WI connection at a cafe or when I am visiting family and using their network. There have been a couple of periods when the laptop will work at home for two or three weeks in a row without breaking the connection.
All three compters are Windows XP. The laptop location has no effect on the problem.

A:Network connection breaks constantly on laptop

Some things you can try here.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-breaks-constantly-on-laptop.789507/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Guys,

We have a wireless router with about 8 devices connecting to it at any one time. For some reason, 1 laptop constantly loses internet service, it's still connected to the network but it's "local only" connection. Restarting the laptop doesn't solve the problem, only restarting the router.

Now, I know very little about this kind of stuff, but to me it seems like an issue with IP addresses? Does anyone have any advised of what I can do to avoid this happening? It currently happens at least once a day.

Any help is much appreciated.

A:One laptop on Network Constantly Loosing Internet

Show for a connection and for a lost connection ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-laptop-on-network-constantly-loosing-internet.1052466/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all, I recently bought my first laptop (HP Streambook) and it's fine except for it constantly disconnecting from my wifi?
It only does this in my room (note that every other device I own can still pick up and keep a consistent connection in here), and when it picks up the connection, it only has 2-3 bars. It'll then go to 5 bars for about 30 secs, then disconnect completely. When I attempt to reconnect it may not work at all, or appear there with 2-3 bars again. I have reset the network card more times than I care to mention and any amount of troubleshooting won't help. I'm at my wit's end, any ideas?

A:WiFi constantly disconnects?

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, not the top of the line when it comes to notebooks/laptops. Can't rule out that it simply has a weak wifi adapter and antenna. What adapter does it have? May need to update the drivers. How far are you from the router and are there walls in between?

Also be sure the adapter is not allowed to sleep and power saving mode is not enabled.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62902-wifi-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I've had Verizon DSL for a while now, and I'll be honest, its the worst service we have ever gotten.
It goes down consistently, and by the time i call Verizon Tech Support, internet seems to stabilize and they say there is nothing wrong with my internet.
I did a line test at dslreports and got the following result.
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2552521

Looks just fine, but what explains the constant disconnections?
Oh, their 24/7 Tech Support lines seemed to have been closed for a long time now as well. Also, when i try calling corporate, they put my on hold then hang up.

Sooo, what do you guys think?
Thanks in advance.
-Jonathan

Relevancy 59.77%

Um, I do have internet that runs perfectly but for some reason..after a good while on the internet, it disconnects and i have to reboot just to get a connection everytime. I don't know what is going on but it gets on my nerves. I'm working on a bunch of projects that need access to the internet but i can't finish them with the internet giving up on me everytime i need it. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects...

First, try another browser to see if this behavior occurs there. This'll let us know if it's a browser issue or not. Here's a link to a nice free browser (Firefox) that I use: http://www.mozilla.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72897/internet-constantly-disconnects/
Relevancy 59.77%

Heres my problem, it has persisted for the past 3-4 months or so.

Randomly, but more frequently when i am gaming (WoW, Counter strike, Ventrilo, Warcraft III), my cable completely disconnects my internet and telephone (Optimum online & Voice)

The modem itself stays on but the lights for DS, US, and Online go out for 30 secs to a minute then reconnects and my internet is fine for the next 30 minutes or so until the same thing happens again.

I have switched out modems since it happened, no change.
I have switched out routers (upgraded from a WRT54GS to a WRT310N), no change.

I have seen you guys do some remarkable stuff with Hijackthis and such, if you could help me now with this problem it would relieve a lot of grief.

Thanks for your time

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects

Hi

Just out of interest have you contacted your ISP in case it is a fault with their equipment. ?

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-constantly-disconnects.109954/
Relevancy 59.77%

Router : Cisco E4200
Vista Business
Laptop
Recently my laptop started connecting to my guest Wifi network vs the main network. I cannot get Vista to automatically connect to my main wifi over the guest after boot up. This problem only occurs when i restart or boot up.

Things i have tried:

Removed the guest network from list
Unchecked connect automatically under guest properties
Made sure main wifi has Connect automatically checked under properties
Made sure main Wifi has connect when in range automatically.

Any other thoughts?
Thanks
Dennis

Relevancy 58.91%

So I recently bought a Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter. Once I got it I hooked it up to my 750gb Seagate Barracuda hard drive; it let me view the files, but after I wanted to access my user folder, it said something about not having permission and closed unexpectedly. After that happened, I shut it off. Now when I plug it into any one of my computers, it repeatedly connects and then disconnects within 30 seconds. What should I do?

A:SATA HDD to USB Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects

Try a different cable. Try the Seagate in a computer. Try a different drive in the Vantec.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/49458-sata-hdd-usb-constantly-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I m constantly getting disconnected on my Comcast Internet It s my primary connection but I do have a VZW BroadbandAccess as a secondary and for when I commute go on the road etc This has always happened but mostly stopped after Internet Comcast Disconnects Solved: Constantly I switched to a - mhz -Way Solved: Comcast Internet Constantly Disconnects splitter about months ago Before that the disconnects would be like every ten days Now it s happening every few hours Sometimes it resolves itself sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect the modem from the cable line powercycling doesn t do it My cable modem is a real pain to get to being at the bottom of a rack in my crawlspace It s on a cheap VA UPS with the router and some switches It always fails on establishing send channels Can tell that from the logs Which I can t seem to access anymore but that s what it always used to be Modem SB ISP Comcast Chicago Router WRT G v on DD-WRT but it doesn t really matter Does the same thing when connected to my RouterBoard but that s not setup the way I want it yet Other Stuff Airport Express as AP Print Server Speakers with DHCP turned off Should I just order a new modem Any recommendations Would a bidir cable amplifier before the splitter help nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

As the topic title says, my Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN (On this machine) Constantly connects and disconnects about every 5-10 seconds. My other machines on my network are fine.

I've tried moving the card into different PCI slots;
Changing the RJ45;
Installing drivers on the CD provided;
Installing drivers from the internet;
Uninstalling the card completely and installing as above;

Any ideas?
Any other specs you may require, just ask and i'll post them.

Windows XP (No service Packs as i just formatted. It had the same problems with SP1 and SP2 installed too)

Many thanks.

Ben

A:Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

Where are you connecting to? A router? A switch? A bridge? A hub? Another computer?
What does your network look like in general?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-10-100-lne100tx-lan-connects-disconnects-constantly.22663/
Relevancy 57.62%

I've been trying to use my IPv6 as default over IPv4. After manually entering in the IP address into the adapter under IPv6 protocol, it would connect for 5 minutes before disconnecting itself. I would have to constantly redo just to keep the connection up. How can I use my IPv6 without constantly disconnecting, is there something I'm doing wrong?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392167-ipv6-constantly-disconnects-windows-7-xfinity-comcast.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a desktop running windows 2000 connected to a wireless router with ethernet. I also have a laptop running windows xp connected to the router wirelessly. The each can access the internet perfectly fine...but how do I access the desktop from the laptop. How do I print from the laptop on the printer connected to the desktop. Please help....I have been looking for hours on how to do this and have found no solution.

A:network wireless laptop(xp) with desktop(2000) through wireless router?

you can do a remote desktop connection, provided that you enable it on both machines. you'll need the DNS names of both machines, btw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-wireless-laptop-xp-with-desktop-2000-through-wireless-router.34191/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I'm bombed by a harmful virus which always slowing down my internet and lots of disconnections. I also redirected to different harmful web pages (some of them are Russian porn sites and dating sites).

I scanned multiple times with Kaspersky Internet Security tools (pro) and Malwarebytes along with Adware Cleaner. They couldn't detect any infections.

Because of this virus I can't use my internet properly. Every other computer and phone at my home can connect to internet with high speed and not a single problem ever.
Here's the link I get redirected to: Meet local singles!

Please help me get rid of this virus, I'm desperate with only one choice of resetting my computer if it doesn't stop..

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Hello,

They call me TwinHeadedEagle around here, and I'll be working with you.

Before we start please read and note the following:

At the top of your post, please click on the "Watch thread" button and make sure to check Watch this thread...and receive email notifications. This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing me to solve your problem faster.
Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process. Please do not perform System Restore or any other restore.
Instructions I give to you are very simple and made for complete beginner to follow. That's why you need to read through my instructions carefully and completely before executing them.
Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.

All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.
If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.
I visit forum several times at day, making sure to respond to everyone's topic as fast as possible. But bear in mind that I have private life like everyone and I cannot be here 24/7. So please be patient with me. Also, some infections require less, and some more time to be removed completely, so bear this in mind and be patient.
Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.

Please attach all report using button below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.

Do not ask for help for your business PC. Companies are making revenue via computers, so it is good thing to pay for the repair.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.

Rules and policies

We won't support any piracy.
That being told, if any evidence of illegal OS, software, cracks/keygens or any other will be revealed, any further assistance will be suspended. If you are aware that there is this kind of stuff on your machine, remove it before proceeding!
The same applies to any use of P2P software: uTorrent, BitTorrent, Vuze, Kazaa, Ares... We don't provide any help for P2P, except for their removal. All P2P software has to be uninstalled or at least fully disabled before proceeding!

Failure to follow these guidelines will result with closing your topic and withdrawning any assistance.

Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54447/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello TwinHeadedEagle,

My web browser (Chrome and IE) also redirect to "Meet Local Singles". I follow your instructions and have 2 files. Please see the attachments. Thank very much for your help

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Task: {069C68BA-AD06-4E87-8E5E-F3C43AC230FC} - System32\Tasks\AutoKMS => C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Should you think that is not the case, please send me a private message.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54556/
Relevancy 55.9%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1014 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 41659 MB; D: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 14579 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Inc., Nestos , Not Applicable, LXAJL0X031734074722500
Antivirus: None

Hi. I have a problem with my wireless connection. The tab under network connections does NOT show wireless connection. This happened after I reinstalled winxp. I installed the wireless driver but it did not work. I can only connect to the internet using the wired connection. What should I do?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi. We have 3 computers connected to our router via cable and the network works just fine. Recently 2 friends of ours have joined our network with their laptops via wireless and it still worked fine. However, when another friend stopped by and wanted to connect (again via wireless) as soon as she connected to the router the whole network stopped working for everybody. I tried to give her a static IP so there wouldn't be a conflict anywhere but that didn't help. If I connected her through the cable, then everything was fine. But as soon as she tried wireless, the whole network stopped working again. None of the other computers cause this problem, just hers. Whenever she tries to connect, the network always stops working for everybody.
All the systems are win 7. the router is : cisco RangePlus Wireless Router, WRT110

A:network stops working when a laptop joins the network via wireless

Make sure she has the latest and correct wireless driver (from the laptop manufacturer's site if the adapter is integrated).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-stops-working-when-a-laptop-joins-the-network-via-wireless.1086673/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello there We have a WRT One Solved: slow laptop...HELP!! fast network Wireless one laptop, - N Linksys router updated firmware with very recent Solved: Wireless network - One fast laptop, one slow laptop...HELP!! laptops Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz GB RAM -bit running Windows - fully updated connected to our wireless network Last week everything was fine Two days ago the internet connection for my laptop became intermittently VERY slow The internet service we have is for mbps I did a speed test but didn t have enough quot juice quot to finish the test Even if I load google com the page would time out or say that the server is down Downloading of email is also intermittently VERY slow I am unable to play any online games as my connection is not fast enough The other laptop works perfectly fine I scanned for viruses using Avira for malware using MalwareBytes and ran diagnostic tests for my wireless card All seems fine I called my ISP and they said that all is fine on their side We tried unplugging the router modem and rebooting the computer - no change I downloaded Xirrus WiFi Monitor and have enclosed the screenshot as well as my IP config all In my device manager I have the following under Network Adapters all updated Intel LF Gigabit Network Connection Intel WiFi Link AGN Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter My friend says it could be because of Second Life and all the java plugins it requires I could have a problem What could this be Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless network - One fast laptop, one slow laptop...HELP!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-one-fast-laptop-one-slow-laptop-help.967083/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I need some help stopping the disconnecting Its very anoying As the title states my PC is disconnecting from the BT Home Wireless Hub It doesn t do this all the time and from what I can gather it only disconnects when downloading uploading some amounts of data Specifically Playing MMO s EVE-Online Tibia Star Sonata WoW and Downloads Network Adapter Zoom Wireless-G Zoom Disconnects from USB Home Wireless BT 4110 Wireless-G Hub USB adapter I have the latest drivers for this device and the hub is working fine The usb adapter is on a M Belkin USB Extension cable The Hub is on the other side of the house and on the second floor The understanding I have is that it disconnects due to low signal strength but I have a strength of - most of the time lowest being Link Quality always sits between - Example When I load EVE-Online Client the client gets the status of the server cluster online number of players or offline etc This is when it starts to Zoom Wireless-G USB 4110 Disconnects from BT Home Wireless Hub disconnect The connection just drops no matter what the link quality or signal strength This happens constantly every minutes Tedious solution for the random disconnection when the ZoneAlarm Icon my firewall stops showing the data traffic of the connection click Apply on the Zoom Wireless-G application It looks like this refreshes the connection Parts of the setup for my PC that I cannot change Location of the PC and BT Home Hub Hub is directly connected into the business computer and laptop dock PC is in my room Having the usb adapter connected directly into the computer i cannot get a signal to the hub on any port due to the amount of objects between them My PC Specs Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name MSI Gamila Giovani Neon Series Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i GE System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GS MB Monitor HP V quot CRT CNN ZN Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel DB ICH - AC Audio Controller B- Storage IDE Controller Intel R DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - CB Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive WDC WD JB- REA GB IDE Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B x x DVD-ROM Optical Drive HP DVD Writer c DVD x x x CD x x x DVD RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Hamachi Network Interface Network Adapter Zoom Wireless-G USB adapter Modem SoftV Data Fax Modem Hope someone can help with this very anoying problem Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zoom-wireless-g-usb-4110-disconnects-from-bt-home-wireless-hub.801802/
Relevancy 52.03%

(cross posted to Mac boards)

I am running a wireless network through my Airport Extreme. Three Macs (MacBookPro [airport admin], G4 PowerBook, and G3 PowerBook) work seamlessly sharing a printer and iTunes. There is also a Compaq Presario laptop running XP Pro -SP2 that can connect as far as internet connectivity is concerned. I can't, however, get the Compaq to find the network printer through Bonjour and also the Compaq can't access my iTunes libraries as the Macs can. Interestingly, the name of Compaq's iTunes library shows on the Macs but won't open. Any suggestions? It doesn't appear to be a firewall issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-xp-laptop-onto-a-mac-wireless-network.578571/
Relevancy 52.03%

My wife s Everex Stepnote laptop has suddenly decided their are no available wireless networks wireless available says network laptop no in our house We have a US Robotics router We have another laptop and a desktop all working fine wirelessly They both detect networks in addition to our own The Everex has been working fine with the router til now It laptop says no wireless network available will connect to the internet if I plug in an ethernet cable direct to my router I have tried every solution I could see posted on this site with no results Here s what I can remember doing uninstall wireless adaptor and reinstall disable firewall system restore and restart a complicated to me series of steps laptop says no wireless network available involving command prompts to reset some stuff I know nothing about Other stuff that I can t remember now The laptop shows the wireless switch is on It tells me there are no available wireless networks when I search for one I have questions Any other suggestions This may be a stupid question but could I plug an ethernet cable from the desktop receiving the wireless signal into the laptop and configure everything for the laptop to piggyback by wire off the wireless signal the desktop is receiving Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I have a wireless network that already has a wireless laptop using it.

Another laptop can't connect and comes up with the following message..... Wireless Network Connection Is Not Connected. Wireless Network Unavailable.
I've checked the channel is correct (11) and it is. Is there anything else I should be checking?

Thanks

A:Laptop Can't See Wireless Network

I would double check your security settings to make sure your WEP\WPA keys match. Same thing happened to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-see-wireless-network.458515/
Relevancy 52.03%

When I go to set up a network connection the 'wireless' option is not even network (old wireless laptop) see cannot there When I attempt to add a wireless device it tells me it is disabled with no cannot see wireless network (old laptop) way to enable it I have been rummaging through these posts and trying everything I have an old Dell Latitude x that I use to play around with I've had XP Vista and Ubuntu installed and each cannot see wireless network (old laptop) time I had no problem connecting to my wireless router For some reason with this I can't because it can't see it I've rebooted the router I've went to Dell to find the latest drivers for my NIC card but with this being an old laptop they are not working I've tried quote a few I even tried some of their new drivers to no avail system claims incompatibility Went in device manager to make sure the network adapters were there Went to services to make sure WLAN status started automatic Heck I've even tried plugging in an old Belkin wireless G USB adapter and still nada Right now I am lost Any suggestions Read something about quot delete the auto make link quot in another forum but I have no idea what that means

A:cannot see wireless network (old laptop)

Quote: Originally Posted by 6thSense

When I go to set up a network connection, the 'wireless' option is not even there. When I attempt to add a wireless device, it tells me it is disabled (with no way to enable it).

I have been rummaging through these posts and trying everything. I have an old Dell Latitude (x300) that I use to play around with. I've had XP, Vista and Ubuntu installed...and each time I had no problem connecting to my (wireless) router. For some reason with this 7 I can't because it can't see it.

I've rebooted the router. I've went to Dell to find the latest drivers for my NIC card, but with this being an old laptop they are not working (I've tried quote a few). I even tried some of their new drivers to no avail (system claims incompatibility). Went in device manager to make sure the network adapters were there. Went to services to make sure WLAN status = started/automatic. Heck I've even tried plugging in an old Belkin wireless G USB adapter and still nada.

Right now I am lost. Any suggestions? Read something about "delete the a

uto make link" in another forum but I have no idea what that means.

Its not the nic. Most dells incuding mine have a key combo to turn on the wifi. In mine it Fn+F2.

Does yours have a key combo to turn on the wifi??

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/30673-cannot-see-wireless-network-old-laptop.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Okay now that I got my computer fixed See thread I am having another slight problem I don t think that this problem was necessarily caused because of the others issues I have recently fixed because I have had this issue in the passed but Laptop not seeing wireless network..... it just seemed to fix itself Laptop not seeing wireless network..... I have a HP zd us laptop with wireless capabilities However I the system does not even show any wireless network available My desktop in my house has no problems going online with the wireless neither does my psp for that matter It s like the computer doesn t even know it s there I went to the hardware wizard on my system and it says the wireless card is working properly but it will not see any available wireless networks This happened a few months ago and I was down for about a week or so and then all of the sudden the network appeared again Does anyone have any ideas of how I can fix this issue or at least how this might have happened Thanks in advance for all your insight nbsp

A:Laptop not seeing wireless network.....

Is your network encrypted or password protected?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-seeing-wireless-network.398565/
Relevancy 52.03%

In my home network laptop can't Wireless see I ve had desktops and wired laptop networked to each other using a D-Link ethernet DI- router for the past Wireless laptop can't see network few years All Wireless laptop can't see network Windows XP PCs are on the same workgroup have at least one folder shared and ZoneAlarm configured to allow network traffic to pass through on the trusted zone Up until recently I haven t had a need to use the laptop s built-in g antenna in my home so I d just use its wired ethernet connection when needed I just purchased a DI- wireless router to replace the I ve been using I set the router up and with all PCs connected to the wired portion of my LAN all is good They all can see the shared folders files on the other PCs and can share the printer attached to one of the desktops Now if I unplug the ethernet cable from the laptop I lose my LAN connection on the laptop The laptop can Wireless laptop can't see network still connect to the Internet and says that I m connected to my router if I hover the mouse over the icon in the tray I can t access shared files on the desktops from the laptop nor can I access shared files on the laptop from either desktop I m new to the wireless world and any pointers would be very helpful nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

wireless network is  gone after every 20-30 minutes of uses of my laptop and when doing trouble shoot then it says that " Default gateway is not available".  Even i  went to device manager and selected network adapters and updated the wifi adapters but it is useless. kindly help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-network-is-always-gone-from-laptop/td-p/5645327
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Belkin router connected to the main PC that we use with a laptop wirelessly. Unless i disconnect, the wireless connection is always on. We have another laptop, but when we try to connect to the web, it says it has connected to the network, but with limited/ no connectivity. I had to put the network key in, so could this problem be down to having put the wrong one in, or is it down to something else?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I ve recently purchased a new router Linksys WRT N I was successfull conecting the router to the modem and setting up the router My friend has an iphone and he was able to connect to the wireless network However I cannot connect my laptop to the network My wireless switch is not disabled I can see the network laptop to wireless connect Cannot network but I can t connect to it I keep adding the network details it just doesn t work I figured since my friend is able to connect to it with his iphone then the problem is in my laptop My network adapters are Intel R PRO Cannot connect laptop to wireless network Wireless BG Network Connection Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC There are no yellow exclamation or interrogation marks in the device manager I also tried resetting Cannot connect laptop to wireless network to installation defaults using netsh int Cannot connect laptop to wireless network ip reset reset log netsh winsock reset catalog Both commands were successfull I restarted the laptop and still nothing So this is my ipconfig all output Windows IP Configuration Host Name carole lt Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - - D- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November PM Lease Expires Wednesday November PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - - F-AD- - E I ve been working on this for consecutive days now If anybody can please help I would appreciate it greatly Thank you Carole nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Having some Wireless Network Laptop cannot via connect problems with my daughters connection to the wireless network No matter how many times I add the network details it will not connect It constantly says there are no networks in Laptop cannot connect via Wireless Network range Laptop cannot connect via Wireless Network I have changed the settings and made the network Open but still no joy IPCONFIG on the laptop comes up with nothing - it says disconnected The desktop is working fine no connection problems I use an ASUS WL g router IPCONFIG on the desktop shows this - Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Iain gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL PCI-E Gigabit E thernet NIC Physical Address - A- D- C-EB- D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Click to expand Networking is not something I know much about so any help would be gratefully appreciated especially as both my wife and my daughter will try and throw me off the desktop if I don t get this fixed nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello there. Been having issues with my wireless connection lately. The issue I am facing is when trying to connect to the wireless network in my house, it will constantly say connecting to the network, but never connects. If it doesnt do that is switches between connecting, limited acces and back to connecting to no end. My laptop is a DV7-6199US running Windows 7 64 bit. I have already tried rejoining the network, resarting the router itself, installed the latest networking drivers for my laptop and multiple system restarts. LAN connection works just fine to the router, but not wireless. Also to not is that there are 2 laptops and a desktop in the house that can connect to the router just fine.

A:Laptop won't connect to wireless network

Hi You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.               2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine. 4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit. 6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well. If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-won-t-connect-to-wireless-network/td-p/2972555
Relevancy 51.6%

Why has my laptop suddenly lost the ability to connect to my linksys wireless network? It was working fine then all of a sudden, it can't find the network.

A:My laptop can't find my wireless network

Check Device Manager in the laptop for any reported problems with the wireless adapter card.

Click Start -> Run -> enter devmgmt.msc -> click the + sign next to "Network Adapters". If there's a yellow exclamation point or red x there's a problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-laptop-cant-find-my-wireless-network-569897.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Good afternoon I have treid to find the solution on prior posts but no luck I am not that smart We have a wireless network that my on wireless having network trouble laptop new with wife s apple connects to fine I am currently conected via ethernet cable from the wireless router but cannot connect to the network wirelessly Previously I would connect and be disconnected within a minute or two Now it will not even connect me I have been able to connect to another wireless network I spoke to Dell and they told me something about my modem acting as a bridge and that I need to simply have the modem act as a moden and my router act as a router Here are some details of what I am using Dell Inspiron mini V Windows XP Webstar scientific Atlanta Model DPC Linksys Wireless G Model WRT GX Here is a screen print from an ipconfig Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft having trouble with new laptop on wireless network Corp C Documents and Settings Brian gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name BJC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI -E Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -E -AC- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday June PM Lease Expires Sunday June PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN M ini-Card Physical Address - - C- - A- Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - - -E - E-F C Documents and Settings Brian gt Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Brian gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name BJC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI -E Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -E -AC- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday June PM Lease Expires Sunday June PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN M ini-Card Physical Address - - C- - A- Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - - -E - E-F Thanks for your help Brian nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a dell windows xp laptop. I keep getting messages that say i need ip address. Also it say limited or no conectivity because the network did not assign a network address to the computer. When I hit repair and it tries to aquire or renew ip address it tells me to contact manager of my network......me.

Can anyone walk me thru this simple problem.

Frustrated

A:need help connecting wireless laptop to my network....

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-connecting-wireless-laptop-to-my-network.836352/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all, I have an HP (Vista) laptop, that's not seeing the desktop (XP pro) on the wireless connection. I keep paitent files on both but transfer between the two of them.

The Folder/Files are shared and the Workgroup on both are the same. The router is a Airlink 101.

Any suggestions are help is encouraged and appreciated.

T

P.S.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not but both computer connect to the net just fine.

Relevancy 51.6%

My laptop is the only wireless device on my home office network. I had trouble last week, it won't connect. I reboot, refresh the network list, etc.... and it won't connect to the Internet. The cable modem and router are both okay, because my non wireless computers are working.

It did the same thing last week, my nephew was here and fixed it. He said he did something manually and I remember seeing the cmd box on the screen. I don't know what he did. I use the laptop for work and everything is set up on it.

Any ideas what I can do to fix it until he gets off work tonight?

Thanks.

Nancy

Relevancy 51.6%

I am on our main computer (The one with the router and modem).

My laptop and PS3 were both conected our wireless network.

For the last couple of weeks, my PS3 has been dropping out of connection, and getting "connection inturruptions". My laptop has always connected fine.

A couple of days ago, my PS3 would not connect at all and neither would my laptop.

We have a NETGEAR WGR614v6 router and a WG111v2 USB adapter for my laptop.

This computer runs on vista and my laptop runs on xp.

A:Laptop and PS3 won't conect to wireless network

I would try a couple of basic things.
Do a router reset.Hold the reset button in for at least 15 seconds.
Change the wireless channel being used.
(1/6/11 in US)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-and-ps3-wont-conect-to-wireless-network.838620/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Gurus,

I can't get my Dell Laptop to see any wireless networks as is did once. I have another laptop which is working fine with it. The wireless setup is WRT54GS router which broadcast a clear SIDDS.

Details:
Dell Latop inspiron 8500
Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Min9-PCI

I have tried adding the the SIDDS under Preferred networks but not go -

Please help as this is sending me crazy!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-dell-laptop-not-seeing-wireless-network.428604/
Relevancy 51.6%

Could anyone offer any help or advice to connect my partner's laptop to my wireless network?

The router is a Sagem provided by my ISP (Sky). The wireless connection works fine on my MacBook, and various other devices connect no problem with the security key.

However, his laptop (Windows Vista) will not connect wirelessly. After entering the password, it says it can't connect because it 'times out' (we are obviously entering the password immediately with no delay). It connects fine with an ethernet cable. It will also connect to an unsecured wireless network we can pick up.

The security setup is WPA-PSK with TKIP encryption, and we've made sure he is using these settings.

If it might be important, he has just moved here, and previously his laptop was connected to another Sky router with no problems.

Any help would be welcome - many thanks.

A:Connecting second laptop to wireless network

Make sure he has the latest wireless driver. If the adapter is integrated it should be from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

Make sure you are not locking him out with MAC Address Filtering on the router.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success re-enable encryption and try to connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-second-laptop-to-wireless-network.1012277/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok....I bought a TP-Link wireless router.... then I install it to my PC...
OK the internet connection goes well..... it was connected.....
then I try to connect the wireless network using my second PC....
and it also goes well.... it was connected
but the problem starts when I'm tryin to connect my sis laptop with the wireless network...
it detects the wireless network but cannot connect to the network.....
I thought it was my sis laptop wireless problem..... but when i try to connect it using my father laptop..... still it cannot connect to the wireless network....
when i'm tryin to connect to the network... it says 'there was no connectivity or the network is not within the range' but i put my... i just presume it is my laptop ok..
i put my laptop next to the router.....
need help here..