Windows Support Forum

WiFi speed below 800Kbps! & Internet Sharing

Q: WiFi speed below 800Kbps! & Internet Sharing

Guys at the forum here are the specs of my home wifi connection Main desktop PC Core Duo GHz GB RAM running Win XP SP Old Dell Latitude C Win XP SP MHz MB RAM The Dell is using a PCMCIA WiFi card given by a friend in the office It is a Linksys Wireless G notebook adapter supporting b g the Main PC has a Gigabyte GN-A G Access Point connected via a network cable The Problem below 800Kbps! WiFi Internet Sharing & speed both connect smoothly and there is nobody who uses a pc in our area so wifi has no security there is no rd party involved but i copy files over network and all i get is speed less than Mb the range WiFi speed below 800Kbps! & Internet Sharing of the two PCs are merely feet and the connection is quot G quot I have everything in default but nothing works to speed up Also i tried with my dad s HP Compaq nx and the speed rose up to Mbps That is the maximum achieved Problem The Dell Pc has a dial up connection and i used the sharing feature to share it through the network and it goes good But the desktop PC doesn t access the internet It just stays connected Also have to mention I m using ZoneAlarm Free Firewall I also have given the device to trusted But still I can t seem to access the internet from the main PC little stuck up in there My main problem is on Question it is ok if is not answered Thanks to all who reply Regards Timothy nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WiFi speed below 800Kbps! & Internet Sharing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.09%

I am trying to establish a household network sharing internet, printer and files.

The players
Main computer desktop XP Pro
Theater PC desktop Vista Premium
Old Laptop XP Pro
New Laptop Vista Home Basic
Linksys G router

I have been able to get the entire community to share the internet. I have gotten printer sharing to work on all but the new Vista laptop. I can not get any of the remote computers to access any files. I can get to the shared files folder on the main computer from the Theater computer but I am denied access when I try to open the shared folder.

Any suggestions on how to work this out?

Thanks

A:Solved: WIFI Networking, Sharing internet works, print sharing is spotty, can't share

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-networking-sharing-internet-works-print-sharing-is-spotty-cant-share.762654/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi All I have established a Virtual Wifi Miniport and would like via Internet internet miniport Virtual Wifi sharing access drops to share my laptops internet via the Miniport Whenever I connect my android phone with this access point it works perfectly for a few minutes and then all of a sudden there is Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access no internet on the phone The phone remains connected to the laptop hotspot Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access but the internet access is no more there Now at this point if I Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access disconnect the connection between my phone and the hotspot and then again try to reconnect back again it wont even connect The phone will keep on searching and shows connecting status but can never connect I have tried all sorts of softwares connectify virtual router intel mywifi and even tried to create a hotspot from the cmd using netsh command All the hotspots work in the exact same way intially works perfect but maybe after half an hour internet is gone I have completed all the steps properly even changed the settings in the laptop adapter with interet access to allow other networks to connect but nothing seems to work I have a Windows Machine and my wireless adapter is Intel R Centrino R Wireless N- and the drivers are up to date according to windows I know that its a problem with my laptop OS or something because my android phone can connect and remain connected without losing internet to the connectify hotspot in my wifi enabled desktop PC I am breaking my head over this for the past days even formatted my system once but no use Please help if you can please

A:Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access

I guess no one has an answer to this one...my bad luck...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196712-internet-sharing-via-virtual-wifi-miniport-drops-internet-access.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, This is my first post, So forgive me I miss out anything,

I'm using a TP-LINK 8166 router with an extension for more computers, There is one other person sharing a connection from the switch with me, My problem is he is taking all my download speed, and I don't want to have to tell him everytime I need more speed, So I need a solution to limit his speed (not his bandwith), I can't seem to figure out how to configure QoS(Quality of Service), Please help, Don't want to download 10 KB/s on 1Mb/s package. All answers appreciated, If pictures are required please let me know thanks.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys i share our internet connection round the house via wireless I receive an excellent signal and a mbs connection from the router on my upstairs pc The internet speed of my downstairs pc which is connected directly to the router via ethernet cable gets a speedtested net speed of - mbs While my pc upstairs Internet sharing over speed network gets only - mbs this one is over wireless What i find even wierder is that my laptop which connects to Internet sharing speed over network the same network and i often use right next to my upstairs pc get - mbs speed just like downstairs So it cant be a signal problem I do not understand why it is so slow in comparison to downstairs Is there a speed or sharing option i should change to speed it up or something I used to get a decent internet connection upstairs but not anymore If Internet sharing speed over network someone could help me as soon as possible it would be great as this speed Internet sharing speed over network really affects my downloads and browsing Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Internet sharing speed over network

Welcome to TSG:
Humm.Not a lot of info here.Operating systems/anti virus software,make and models of the pc's,things like that would be helpful to know.

Without knowing anything like that ,it's a bit hard to start making suggestions,but I will suggest a couple of very broad things to try.

See if there is a more current wireless adapter driver at the problem PC's manufacturer's web site.
This is probably a blind alley but check to see if there is a more current firmware version available for your router.

Run a complete anti spyware/anti virus scan.
On the problem pc:
Clean out internet temp folders/cache.
Run a chkdsk and defrag if necessary
If possible,temporarily disable your antivirus app to see if that makes any difference

Are both pc's running approximately the same applications/processes.

What ,if any,hardware/software changes have you made on the problem pc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-sharing-speed-over-network.818128/
Relevancy 63.21%

How do i configure a adsl router/hub to share the internet over a wifi network?

i have a wifi network working fine sharing files and printers ect
i now wish to share the internet as well
i have wifi on my motherboard and its set up adhoc
i have a billion asdl/router/4port hub
connecting to aapt broadband

shane

Relevancy 63.21%

How should I bridge or share the internet between these two networks ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:Internet sharing wifi and USb

Bridging usually works best for ICS.

Here's a checklist of things for ICS and file sharing for 2 croslinked computers (in my case a Windows 7 and XP one):

- both computers set to the same workgroup
- restarts
- advanced sharing settings - all things turned on (network discovery etc.) except for password protected sharing
- bridged the connection with the internet
- turned on Internet Connection Sharing for the internet connection - this forced an ip to the other connection (192.168.137.1) and gave an option to select which connection should have access to the ICS (the second connection or the bridge - you choose the second / crosslinked cable connection)
- shared some folders on both computers
- worked instantly (the other pc aquired a correct ip and internet)

Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

Notice how in the link above they use a switch to connect more than one computer to the ICS machine.

The way you are doing it may not work correctly because you are daisy chaining the ICS machines end to end.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112303-internet-sharing-wifi-usb.html
Relevancy 63.21%

How do i configure a adsl router/hub to share the internet over a wifi network?

i have a wifi network working fine sharing files and printers ect
i now wish to share the internet as well
i have wifi on my motherboard and its set up adhoc
i have a billion asdl/router/4port hub
connecting to aapt broadband

shane

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I have a network of pc with a DI- from Slow but sharing okay file Internet speed 1pc router I'm having a problem with my PC ghz AMD athlon xp home edition File sharing is very Slow file sharing from 1pc but Internet speed okay slow but internet surf is verry good as usual File sharing between PC mhz xp home and PC mhz xp home are great but whenever I need to transfer a file from or to PC it's amazingly slow All the settings are the same on all pc but my PC is slow on file sharing I changed the cable on pc and the way they are connected Slow file sharing from 1pc but Internet speed okay on the router and still pc is slow on file sharing After following all the procedures on this site I did a Hijackthis scan and here's the log Can someone please see if it's okay Let me know if you need more info thank you Ringo Quote Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent PQV iSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qca hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qca hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sympatico msn ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qca hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ca msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http qca hpwis com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet keeploaded nodetect O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHook O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Open Picture in amp Microsoft PhotoDraw - res C PROGRA rr MICROS Office phdintl dll phdContext htm O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra button ... Read more

A:Slow file sharing from 1pc but Internet speed okay

Your HijackThis log is clean.

I'm moving your thread to the Network section.

You should ask for some instructions on how to port forward to your listening port of your filesharing program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f138/slow-file-sharing-from-1pc-but-internet-speed-okay-82423.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Im having a huge problem with sharing the internet on two speed urgent sharing - problem internet PC s Our home network consists of two dell PC s one fairly internet sharing - urgent speed problem new one slightly oler and a laptop all running Windows XP The modem is connected to a netgear router which is connected internet sharing - urgent speed problem to the two PC s with wires The laptop connects wirelessly When one of the computers attempts to browse the internet it works fabulously fast No problems However when the other computer attempts to also browse the internet one of two things occurs a The newer computer comtinues to browse the internet as the old computer has no connectivity at all despite connectivity being stated b Both computers suffer tiny amounts of connectivity but both offer unbearable browsing speeds The odd thing is the laptop seems unaffected by this When browsing the internet on either computer the laptop can also browse the internet at similarly high speeds I just wish I could say the same about the third computer Overall having two functioning PC s is essential in my household and at the moment only one computer seems to work at a time when newer computer only is on the internet eg browsing and downloadnig New computer ping to google com ms older computer ping to google com request timed out This is the huge problem p s The speed claimed on both PC s is MBPS and quot connected quot On the laptop it says quot mbps connected quot Newer computer IP ADDRESS SUBNET MASK IP ADDRESS fe ff feb ae default gateway Older Same apart from second ip address not present and first ip address nbsp

A:internet sharing - urgent speed problem

What kind of wires are these? How about pinging the router with sth like "ping -t -l 1400 192.168.0.1" instead of Google? Any packets lost?

Try connecting the laptop using "wires"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-sharing-urgent-speed-problem.65219/
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm having a serious problem trying to connect my other laptops running windows 8, the host laptop that is connected to internet with modem is Compaq Presario g56 laptop also running windows 8, I'm connected to the internet with my evdo modem and this laptop is browsing fine, I download mhotspot to share this connection, this other computers are connected but showing limited connection in their network and sharing panel, the modem have access to internet and the private network I created on the host computer also show access to internet, so why are other computers connected to this computer are not browsing with this internet connection. attached is the screen shot of the host computer this problem had been persistent for more than one week, someone please help me

A:windows 8 not sharing internet with wifi

Originally Posted by computerlife

I'm having a serious problem trying to connect my other laptops running windows 8, the host laptop that is connected to internet with modem is Compaq Presario g56 laptop also running windows 8, I'm connected to the internet with my evdo modem and this laptop is browsing fine, I download mhotspot to share this connection, this other computers are connected but showing limited connection in their network and sharing panel, the modem have access to internet and the private network I created on the host computer also show access to internet, so why are other computers connected to this computer are not browsing with this internet connection. attached is the screen shot of the host computer this problem had been persistent for more than one week, someone please help me

have not resolve this problem, please computer still not sharing to other computers on my network, someone should please help me for God sake

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/34663-windows-8-not-sharing-internet-wifi.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

I have a reliance net connect plus data-card which i am using to connect internet on my laptop. I have looked at several forums and sites to share internet using wifi hotspot using the netsh commands but my android detects an connects to the wifi but is unable to access the internet( i have shared my data card internet to the hotspot connection).

For what i have understood till not i think we cannot share internet using hosted network to android devices please tell me a way if we can do that.

So now i came across another post which shares internet using a wifi router,
http://chintanbuch.com/tips-n-tricks/share-internet-using-3g-usb-dongle-router/
I tried changing the configuration and the connecting to the wifi but i am still not able to connect my android device.

Please help me, any method is okay for me. I just need internet access on my mobile phone using the data card.

Thanks.

A:Internet sharing through WIFI router.

Could try this: Virtual Router Plus - Free Portable Virtual Router for Windows

Do not download there! Has a PUP.

Here is good download link: Virtual Router Plus Download - Softpedia

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67019-internet-sharing-through-wifi-router.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all I've got two computers in my room a Toshiba laptop and a desktop computer both running W I built via wifi ethernet internet Sharing a few months ago The laptop gets great wifi reception bars while the desktop struggles to get one bar I want to connect the laptop to the PC via ethernet and use the laptop's internet connection I'm having troubles doing this Here's Sharing wifi internet via ethernet what I've done thus far Disabled the desktop's wifi Enabled quot Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection quot on the laptop's ethernet card Plugged in the cable This is where I hit the brick wall On both computers it comes up as quot unidentified network quot I try creating a homegroup on the desktop but I encounter an error quot Windows could not set the network settings quot and quot You can try to change this setting later in the Network and Sharing Center quot I look in the Network and Sharing Center and it says quot Homegroup Joined quot as if no error occurred at all So I try to join the homegroup on the laptop It says quot Larry from LARRY-PC has created a homegroup quot so it recognises it but then it says quot Windows could not setup a homegroup on this computer quot when I try to put in the password I start the HomeGroup Troubleshooter and it troubleshoots network problems After that it says quot Local Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration Fixed quot So then I try joining it again and get the same issue I go through the HomeGroup Troubleshooter again and I click quot the problem is not fixed quot and get a list of problems I don't have What can I do Sorry for the long thread tried to be as specific as possible Thanks in advance Larry

A:Sharing wifi internet via ethernet

Quote:
Enabled "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" on the laptop's ethernet card.

No, it is the Laptop's wireless connection that you're sharing (the Laptop's actual connection to the internet). When you do this, Windows will give the Laptop's Local Area Connection the IP address 192.168.0.1 and the "Client" PC gets its IP address automatically by DHCP from the Laptop.

Because "Internet Connection Sharing" uses the 192.168.0.0 Subnet (the Host PC has the address 192.168.0.1 and allocates addresses to Client computers in the range 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254), your router needs to be operating in a different Subnet to avoid an IP addressing conflict. If the third 'octet' (number) of your router's own IP address is "0", change it to 1 or 2 etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/48278-sharing-wifi-internet-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I am running windows 7 pro on my laptop and i want to share my laptops internet via wifi on my blackberry,i know how to set up ad hoc wifi hotspot on my laptop and i have shared my connection and tried many other options but my blackberrys wifi doesnt pick up my laptops wifi hotspot,please help

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I need help with this network problem There is computers and smartphones in my house all of them have - mbits internet speed except my PC I have tried many things like Restart modem router Boot my pc in safe mode Scanned for virus or malware ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh winsock Slow pc wifi speed on only internet my from reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log uninstalling reinstalling the driver Format my pc I cant use ethernet because my cable is not long enough But nothing Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc seems to help at all I have even tried to switch Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc the wireless adapter with my brother but that didn t help either So can someone please help guide me through this Because I cant play my games or stream youtube hell even web browsing takes forever to load now My spec i k ghz GB RAM AMD R x Radeon gb ASUS P Z -v LX Motherboard ASUS PCE N n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I have a high-speed Internet connection at home The main computer is connected through an Ethernet cable off a cable-modem and both the download and upload speeds are excellent just as the ISP claims it to be Then the afore-mentioned cable-modem is linked to my Mbps TP-Link WR ND router so that I can get Wi-Fi on my iPhone Internet WiFi Speed Home I have been running several Internet speed Home WiFi Internet Speed tests and the download speed just won't go any higher than Mbps Upload speed is perfectly fine Gone through some tutorials and then all the settings on the router and everything is fine Plus the iPhone is designed for Wi-Fi ultra-high speeds well over Mbps Am I missing something How come I cannot get any more speed When I do the tests the phone Home WiFi Internet Speed is just centimetres away from the router so there's no walls objects or anything that may slow things down by over as it is the case What can I do Is there any possibilities of getting at least of the maximum speed

A:Home WiFi Internet Speed

This really isn't a Windows 8 issue , you will need to ask in the TP-Link support area/forums to see how you can change your wifi channels etc to maximise your throughput.

I can say that under normal use you will never get 300 Mbs using wifi , the network overheads and more will reduce that to 180-200Mbs maximum , 300 is a very idealised figure.

As for iPhone 5 , I do remember there were issues with wifi speeds , binarytoad details the issue here iPhone 5 Slow Wifi Fix (workaround) - YouTube

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30901-home-wifi-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 61.92%

how can i share internet via wifi to windows 7 system using fedora as router..?

A:internet sharing via wifi from fedora to windows 7

please guys ..help me with this..
i have fedora system on one and windows 7 ultimate on other installed.
and i have only one LAN connection which is to fedora system.
so how can i use internet on windows 7 system using wifi...?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181822-internet-sharing-via-wifi-fedora-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My Sony Vaio laptop is experiencing slow internet speed even though the signal level shows as excellent. This is only when using it upstairs, where it is normally used. In the same room as the router it is fine. This has only just starting happening and it was OK anywhere in the house until a couple of days ago. To make it even more confusing my wife's notebook and my iphone work fine on the network in the bedroom. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello hope someone can help me, my brother is currently serving abroad with the military and is fortunate enough to be on a base that has wifi access. Trouble is there is that many people using it he is only able to load msn home page during his off time.

He always has full signal strenghth and has and acer aspire (not sure of the model at the minute) with a built in wifi card. His only problem is it is so slow and will time out rather than open anything other than the home page.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

A:Help with boosting internet speed via a wifi hotspot

I doubt he can increase it If there is limited bandwidth and soo many people are using it, then it will likely go slow
Suggest to him he should go on when theres not many people browsing etc., Night?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-boosting-internet-speed-via-a-wifi-hotspot.656557/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello all. Here is my set up. I have 1.5M internet service coming into my CradlePoint CTR35 wireless router. The two devices I have are my desktop, and an iPad. When doing a speed test at speedtest.net, I find that my desktop running windows 7 gets about 1.45, and my iPad is only pulling 1.36M. I realize that isn't a big deal, but why would there be a varience between the devices? Shouldn't they be able to test out the same?

A:WIFI internet speed varience between devices

The Operating System parameter settings that determine data transfer rates are slightly different on the two machines. Differences between computers on the same LAN are normal.

With many older OS's and probably the one on your iPad these values are permanently set in the registry. They are just general values that will usually give a good data rate. Sometimes these values can be changed to improve the flow.

Starting with Vista and Windows 7, the OS actually monitored the data flow and could change some of the values to improve it.

I have two XP desktops, a Vista desktop and a Vista laptop. All will show slightly different results on speed tests to the same server.

The two XP's have the same values for all their changable settings, but one always tests about 0.04 M higher than the other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-internet-speed-varience-between-devices.1047697/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am using belkin N300 router, My bro wastes time too much time/net on youtube,
So i wanted to limit the internet speed through wifi modem setting, but i couldn't find any setting for that.
can any 1 who knows or owns this modem can tell me how to?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-belkin-n300-wifi-internet-speed-limit.1132284/
Relevancy 60.63%

I connect problem speed slow - internet download Wifi my PC to my router using a wifi dongle I wish I could use Ethernet but it's just not practical My router is a D-Link Wireless AC my dongle is an Asus USB-AC They connect strongly usually at Mbps My incoming internet connection is passed through from the modem to the router The modem isn't broadcasting a Wifi signal My internet is a fibre connection provided by talktalk When testing with Speedtest my iPad mobile phone Macbook and other devices typically see down speeds of - Mbps and Wifi internet problem - download speed slow up speeds of - Mbps which is roughly what they should I mean I'm paying for Mbps but whatever My PC will occasionally get the same but very often the download is erratic and slow something like - Mbps and I don't know how to rectify it The upload isn't a problem so what I'm usually getting is Wifi internet problem - download speed slow an up speed that's - x Wifi internet problem - download speed slow my down speed The problem doesn't seem to be with the router or modem given that my other devices are getting good speeds and it doesn't help to troubleshoot through Windows because as far as my PC's concerned it's getting an internet connection it doesn't care about the speed so it doesn't suggest any solution I have tried various combinations of restarting the computer unplugging the dongle restarting AND unplugging and every once in a while after being plugged back in it starts to reach the - Mbps range but there's no consistency to it And I'm scared to turn the computer off because if I do it'll probably lose the speed again but I don't want to have to keep the damn thing on all the time I use Kaspersky Internet Security which is a recent purchase but I don't think that's the issue because I've occasionally been able to see the higher speeds while using it Do you have any ideas of what I can do to figure this out and get my PC to reliably see the down speeds it should Below is my ipconfig and Xirrus info Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description ASUS USB-AC ac Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - C- A- -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af b f ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - D-C - D-C -D -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address C - - -DE-F -CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

Relevancy 60.63%

I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web page (like google, gmail etc) and it is not streaming any video from youtube/netflix. I spend one day for fixing this issue but don't know how to fix this.
Please help me to how to fix this issue ( increase the internet speed using wifi connection)? or how I will revert back to Windows 8.1?

Thanks
Selvakumar

A:WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi All,
The slow internet connectivity using through the wifi is resolved. I update all the device software from the device manager (especially network card - Realtek) and after that I am able stream the video and it is fast now.

Thanks
Selvakumar R

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/14656-wifi-internet-speed-slow-down-after-upgrading-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

problem as above - every couple of weeks or so my internet slows to a snails pace, it usually lasts for 3 or 4 days then its back on full speed again, really cant figure this one out!

Ive released ip and flushed dns!

my ping is always around 10ms and my upload is always around 4mb which are both quite stable, but its my download speed what bothers me 0.1mbs at its slowest and 60mbs when its running good

what should I do next?

A:recurring loss of internet wifi and ethernet speed

Just tried safemode with networking - still crap!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342171-recurring-loss-internet-wifi-ethernet-speed.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have just bought a Sony Bravia HX723. It has built in wi-fi.

I am currently a student living in halls so only have access to an ethernet cable in my room. I have connected this up to my Mac so I can use the internet sharing on it to send out wifi signal. My HTC phone can receive it fine, so I know it's not specific to Apple. However, my new tv cannot connect to it saying 'Wireless Device on TV - found, Local Access- failed, Inernet Access- failed'.
I've have tried taking the password off of this, turning things on and off, including 'web sharing' aswell as the internet sharing that's on, changed the channel that it's being broadcast on, changing the password. All sorts! I do not want this amazing feature to go to waste and desperately require help!

A:Sony Bravia tv with built in wifi cannot connect to my Mac's internet sharing facilit

i suspect this is against the terms of the halls - most do not allow sharing or wireless devices - to ensure multiple devices are not added to their network
whats the rules in your halls

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-bravia-tv-with-built-in-wifi-cannot-connect-to-my-macs-internet-sharing-facilit.1041801/
Relevancy 59.77%

HELLO, 

I am facing a problem my laptop is connected to a Bluetooth internet network and I am accessing internet on the laptop, I have created a virtual wifi hotspot on laptop and I want to share bluetooth internet connection but it shows no network access how to
enable Bluetooth internet sharing. 

Please help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/30d8ee9b-5b16-42ab-92e6-a05550c12721/sharing-bluetooth-internet-connection-by-creating-a-wifi-hotspot-in-windows-8?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.77%

So just this past weekend I re-installed Windows 8.1 on my dad's ASUS Notebook (K55N), but now its WiFi internet speed is a good ~25% slower vs wired directly to the router (Linksys E4200), that was definitely not the case prior to the fresh install. I did run Windows Update just after the install just to make sure it downloaded the latest driver for the WiFi Network Adapter (it did download one).

Power Plan is set to High Performance.

I really have no idea what's going on, my dad has another laptop, and there, its internet speed is exactly the same Wireless vs Wired.

I really need your help here, thanks.

ASUS K55N: Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

A:ASUS Notebook WiFi internet speed slower vs wired

Sometimes the Windows update drivers make things worse. Did you try the ASUS drivers? Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47933-asus-notebook-wifi-internet-speed-slower-vs-wired.html
Relevancy 59.77%

i have Lenovo thinkpad e531 x64 win 8

I just got new speed internet and when I connect my computer using ethernet it's signifiantly slower than wireless on the same laptop.

On my other laptop the wired produces very fast results (faster than wifi) so the problem is my laptopr's ethernet connection.

what can i do?

My ISP provider came with his working laptop, pluging in my ethernet cable in his laptop and the internet speed it was 300mb/s.
and on my laptop is 17 mb/s....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383335-wired-internet-speed-much-slower-then-wifi-lenovo-thinkpad.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My network is like this G router connected on LAN of TP-Link Wireless router G router TP-Link Wifi Wifi Disabled Wifi Enabled DHCP ON DHCP OFF I am transfer laptops between Wifi internet slower over File than speed using TP-Link because i needed more LAN ports as G router is having only one Now I have laptops connected to TP-Link wireless router I am getting same bandwidth of around Mbps from my G internet connection that is download upload speed of around KBps wether the USB is connected directly to laptop or to the G router But if I transfer between shared folders on my laptops speed that i get is never File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed more than KBps that is around Kbps I have cjhecked with Inssider there File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed is no signal interference by any other wifi nearby Also i have tested using open security of wifi tried changing between bit amp - bit encryption sharing setting on both systems amp disabled all antivirus amp firewall on both There is no change in speed Wifi is in the same room no more the meters away mode is N and MHz bandwidth setting I can't understand how the speed i get from my internet connection is faster than my local laptops Also the specified bandwidth is Mbs that is MBps and i don't even get File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed MBps

A:File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I'd try fiddling with the router's wireless mode setting - usually on Mixed mode. Experiment - Set it to N (if available) or G/N or G. You may also fiddle with your Wi-Fi adapter's setting if available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/347508-file-transfer-over-wifi-between-laptops-slower-than-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Ok so we get a new computer We have a router already our old computer and my xbox for xboxlive hooked up to it Speed Network File/Printer Needed** slows, Speed **Help Setup Sharing internet Home , is fast everything is great i hook up my new computer The speed is still great Megabit downstream and Kb up So one day I am pondering an alternative to burning CD-R Home Network File/Printer Sharing Setup , internet Speed slows, **Help Needed** s to transfer the data and i come across quot share files and printer quot SO i try to set it up but i am going between Windows Home Network File/Printer Sharing Setup , internet Speed slows, **Help Needed** ME and Windows XP HOME SP I can recieve Files on my New computer and send them from my Old Computer that is great so i transfer about GB of data in about minutes So i have important files from the old computer on my new computer this is great only later do i find out that the internet is slow now It was fine before i enabled the file sharing between the computer but afterword slowness taking a alot longer to load webpages so i was wondering Why is this Maybe and explanation or somthing that i could do to fix this OR any help Please respond THANK YOU DAN nbsp

A:Home Network File/Printer Sharing Setup , internet Speed slows, **Help Needed**

Are you browsing while sharing/transfering files? That would definitely cause it.

Edit: This is in the wrong forum... :hotouch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-file-printer-sharing-setup-internet-speed-slows-help-needed.18759/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 54.18%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 49.88%

I installed my wireless router/modem with no problems and am currently sharing an internet connection between two laptops in my house. I also want to share files between these two computers, but i am not shure as to how to do it. I looked at tutorials on the net but they don't really give step by step info. The main question would actually be: If my computers share internet from the same wireless router/modem unit, are they arleady connected to a wireless network i can also use to share files? or i have to build up a separate network (different from the one that my router makes for sharing internet)?
help would be appreciated!
thanx in advance,
bassfreak

A:WLAN question:how do i set up one for sharing folders?(internet sharing working fine)

What operating systems are involved? Try this site:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm

By the way, ciao from Vicenza.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-question-how-do-i-set-up-one-for-sharing-folders-internet-sharing-working-fine.662158/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey

My friend he got comcast right and his upload speed is like 4000 kbps and mine is disappointingly 109 kbps. is there anyway to make it so i can share his upload speed. either a remote connection or whatever, i just need to know, he lives in my neighborhood and etc. please reply asap.

A:Sharing your upload speed

not unless your connected to his router by a rather long cable.
Or Wireless.

If you have the same ISP you might want to try contacting them sounding somewhat frustrated and mentioning "throttling" (They hate that.) but simple put you two should have close to the same upload speed if you are on the same ISP and the same membership plan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-your-upload-speed.656590/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

A:Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371386/suspected-malware-searchfastfindnet-ruining-internet-speed-and-computer-speed/
Relevancy 48.59%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 48.59%

I will be moving into my late grandmothers house in the next few weeks. Once I get my internet up and running I would like to share my wifi with my neighbors. The homes are approximately 50 or 60 feet apart. I currently have an older modem/router combo (Siemens Gigaset se567). I know that alone is not enough for them to have a strong connection. I wasn't sure if a simple upgrade to a new wifi router will be enough, or should I also get a high gain antenna, or maybe a repeater, etc... After looking this up online all week, it all starts to looking the same to me. I'm just wondering if I'm over thinking this.

Any suggestions to a simple solution would be greatly appreciated.

A:Sharing wifi

Hi n0s4a2, and welcome to TSG.

Assuming you are going to be getting some type of residential high speed Internet service, it would be a violation of the terms of service for most most providers to share the service beyond one's own household.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-wifi.1020106/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys,
I live in a small rural community of people who may or not be able to afford internet services. I am not concerned about the adults but would like to share my connection with the school age children for a few hours in the afternoon. Can I do this without compromising my security and manually providing access to my signal.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD V120 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2810 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 224212 MB, Free - 155940 MB; D: Total - 13957 MB, Free - 1999 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 89 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1444
Antivirus: None .

A:sharing wifi

You should first check with you ISP as most of them see "sharing wifi" as a violation of their Terms of Service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-wifi.1120891/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm not going to say I am sharing my wifi, but let's say per se I don't put a password for my wifi and someone manages to use my ISP. Is there certain websites, popups, or foreign websites that they can click on and have my credit card charged without me knowing? I heard that's possible and I wouldn't be able to see if I've been charged until months later.

Relevancy 48.59%

I am new to group but listen to Leo every chance I get. I have a home in a mobile home community. I would like to make WiFi available to as many of the residents computers as possible for a little cost as possible. Can I broadcast a wifi signal over a 4 block area so we can share it. Don,t know if it's legal or possible but I would like to try. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks: sbarath

A:WiFi sharing

Start by finding out what laws and ordinances in your town or county or whatever are applicable. Then determine how you will get an "internet feed." Maybe a regular ISP in your area gives services to a business such as you perceive. Determine where you will place the WAPs--existing utility poles, put your own in, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-sharing.1041825/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys,

My network has a 10mbps connection down and 1.5mb upload speed. I'm trying to move all my GBs of files to another computer using the network. When I start transfering, it goes at 1.1MBps, which I'm fine with. But then as time goes by, it decreases, and now it's going at 200kbps (and is STILL decreasing slowly). Is there a reason why it does this? Why can it not remain at 1.1MBps? At this rate, it'll take a few days to finish =\

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello people!

We've recently installed a new computer with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in our old home lan running only XP computers.

We've detected (and apparently solved) several problems, but one of them still remains: There is no way of efficiently access the files in the Windows 7 computers. In fact it is absolutely unacceptable 8 min. to just open a 250 kb word document!!

We've followed several ideas from other forums (as the one of disabling "Autotunning") but We are still in the same point.

As an additional data: it seems not to be a hardware problem as We can access normally the files within the XP machines from our Windows 7 computer.

Could anyone give us some idea?

A:Extremely low LAN speed sharing XP units.

Well it's me again...

Eventually I found the problem to my LAN's speed... here it is:

As I said I've had a lots of problems seting up my network since I've added this Win 7 machine to it. One of the problems was with the Ethernet cards. The PCs on my network were working with Ethernet cards with capability for 1GB speed. At first it was impossible to connect them to the LAN until I downgraded the speed to 10MB full duplex; almost surely it is the maximun capability of my HUB (the little equipement where all the PCs are in fact interconnected).

Once I had made this change I checked that I could see the other PCS in the LAN, but I had the problem previously described. Curiously In this configuration I could "see" the other PCs from my "Windows Explorer".

Now I have changed the network speed to "10MB Half Duplex" and the speeds turns to be what was expected. Curiosly again, now, I can't "see" the other PCs and I've had to create an Icon to connect to the server explicitely

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/165734-extremely-low-lan-speed-sharing-xp-units.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have been trying to make my laptop a hotspot but can t seem to get one to work When I look for the sharing tab for the wifi adapter there isn t one Any help would be appreciated Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name v no adapter tab for sharing wifi i Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lin keele ac uk Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -A -C -BF- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address -A -C -BF- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific no sharing tab for wifi adapter DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -A -C -BF- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix lin keele ac uk Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address C-F -DD- C-BB- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b bb cc ce Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday February PM Lease Expires Friday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-C - -A -C -BF- F- DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix lin keele ac uk Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a e b a e b Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd a ffa e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a ffa e Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-C - -A -C -BF- F- NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap lin keele ac uk Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lin keele ac uk Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

i have an internet connection (cabled) connected to my laptop, then i want to share the internet connection to my devices like:
cellphone (wifi)
psp 1000 (wifi or usb)

is there any way pls

A:how do i use my laptop for sharing wifi

The easiest way is to download and install free Connectify Hotspot Lite. It creates a WiFi Hot Spot on your computer, other devices will then see it as an available WiFi connection.

http://www.connectify.me/

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246066-how-do-i-use-my-laptop-sharing-wifi.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone I have dell laptop and i'm running the Ethernet cable to receive internet and works fine however when i turn my wifi adapter so i can use the My working wifi is sharing not internet in my iphone via wireless over the bars of the My wifi sharing is not working internet i get the yellow triangle and does not work DNS on the wireless adapter shows weird as letter not as number starting example please help here is copy of the ipconfig all thanks in advance computer is DELL windows Intel Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -E - B-E -E -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fd c f a c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - F- -CF- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -E - B-E -E -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address -E - B-E -E -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - F- -CF- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a d ec e a f a d fdd Pre ferred Temporary IPv Address a d ec a fc e d b b Pre ferred Link-local IPv Address fe e a f a d fdd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday August AM Lease Expires Friday August AM Default Gateway fe e bff fee b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - F- -CF- - DNS Servers a d ec e bff fee b NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List home Tunnel adapter isatap EEC D E- - D - AA - DD F DE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e eb a a c Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe e eb a a c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FEF CA- - -A - B E A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:My wifi sharing is not working

Looks to me like the Default Gateway in the first section is not complete, needs a number, mine is the same as used to access the Router settings in my browser for setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342533-my-wifi-sharing-not-working.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I live in a rooming house that gives us internet access over WiFi. I have a desktop computer and a laptop both with their own WiFi adapter. The desktop is using an Intel wireless card N and the laptop is using built in wireless G. I also connect both computers via Ethernet using a crossover cable.

What I want to do is only share files over the Ethernet connection, not the wireless connection. Is this possible?

Both running windows 7 pro and gigabit Ethernet. Thanks.

A:sharing files over lan, but not over wifi

Welcome to Seven Forums

You may remove the default gateway and DNS servers of your LAN or Ethernet setting from Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections then choose your wired connection (Ethernet). See attached image of an example of what you need to accomplish.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/362633-sharing-files-over-lan-but-not-over-wifi.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I would Wifi Sharing Questions - HDD via like to share my desktop HDD video files to my Laptop via Wifi in my house Both my computers are windows and I am the only user in my house Also am on Ghz band with quot N quot router but upgrading to quot ac quot in few days Apart from Sharing HDD via Wifi - Questions the below questions will I get better speeds if I buy a new router with builtin usb port and use that instead Questions am having I had to disable password to see files while sharing but when enabled its asking me for userid and password on my laptop Now I am using Local account with no password set - Any idea what I have to enter in user pass Movies are playing good on my laptop but getting pixelated with grey screen shades every few moments and the file sizes are GB What can the cause I am on MB internet line but am sure that is irrelevant Transfer - I am only getting MB s while copying files over the network What is the difference between creating homegroup Vs directly placing an folder drive in sharing mode How to know how many people are connected if I enable sharing Permissions - I had to manually set it to quot everyone quot in order to access my drive but I really just want to add permission for my laptop and nothing else how to appropriately configure it On everyone I think its a huge security issue

A:Sharing HDD via Wifi - Questions

In a home setting your best bet is to setup a home group.
When authenticating to a remote computer for a file share you specify the user as computername\username where computername is the remote computer name and username is a local user on the remote computer. I believe that you must have a password set, blank is not allowed for remote access this wayThe problem is most likely because you are trying to stream it wirelessly. Wireless is one big collision domain, meaning all your wireless devices are fighting to transmit. If you tried wired you'd get better qualityThis is probably going to be due to a hardware bottle neck somewhere (Are you transferring wireless or wired, what standard of wireless are you sending over or what cables are you using end-to-end, hard drive type and speed, how is hardware utilization on both systems during the transfer. Just to name a fewA home group sets up an environment more akin to a centrally managed network where the group creates a trust between devices so you don't have to keep authenticating every time you wish to connect to a shareIf you setup unique accounts to the share you could use a tool like psloggedon to see who is connected or even netstat to see which local systems are connected LAN addresses listed as the foreign addressYes the Everyone group is not a good idea, literally any one that can see your computer on any network you are connected to could get on your computer share. As stated before it would be better to setup unique accounts for each person or simply use a home group.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/68123-sharing-hdd-via-wifi-questions.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought a WiFi router.

And Now I need to set it up I already Hid it from broadcasting the SSSID, and put in the mac addresses of all my computers.

But My Windows desktop computer CD drive doesnt work. And all my music files are on my Windows desktop
Two things I want to do are:

1) Share my Macbook Pro's CD drive with my windows desktop over Wifi (So I can read CD's/DVD's on my desktop)

2) Have the abilty to read certain "shared folders" from my Windows desktop
Some folders will be read only ( on my macbook)
other folders I want to be able to copy a file from my macbook and put it on my Windows Desktop, and also the other way around

Can someone guide me through this?

Side note:
Im using Windows 7, and OSX Mavericks

A:Sharing over Wifi with Macbook

Have you tried all the steps here: OS X: How to connect with File Sharing using SMB and DVD or CD sharing: Using Remote Disc

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/312246-sharing-over-wifi-macbook.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

So i have 2 laptops, one is win xp and the other one is 7.
XP one is connected to internet trough a cable. I enabled wifi sharing on it ( control panel ->network and sharing->wireless networks->properties etc etc.) , to connect and use it on the 7 one. Everything sets up ok, the wifi profile shows up on the list and i can connect to it using set password but i get this yellow exclamation mark on 7 and there is no connection.
I can only use the cable on XP laptop, so switching them up is not an option.

Also, the internet connection seem to disapear on XP ( cannot access webpages ) when i connect trough that wireless connection on 7 ( and get exclamation )
What could possibly be wrong?
Thanks.

A:Wifi sharing xp->win7

Presumably you're trying to network the two computers to be able to share Folders and/or Printers? That being the case, it doesn't matter that the XP Laptop connects by ethernet cable and the Win7 one wirelessly, but you need to get the wireless connection working properly as the first step.

Delete any existing 'profiles' that may have been saved. To do this, go into the "Network and Sharing Center" and click the link at the left to "Manage Wireless Networks". Delete the entries in there, or at least the entry that matches the SSID of your router.

Then go through the procedure to "Connect" again, by clicking the network icon in the Notification Area (System Tray), selecting the entry for your router and clicking the Connect button. Enter any WEP/WPA/WPA2 key when prompted and see if that gets you connected properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/148065-wifi-sharing-xp-win7.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a wired network consisting of a router, a desktop running WinXP, a laptop running Win7 and a network attached storage unit. I summer in a campground with a wifi hotspot. I would like use it to share an Internet connection between the 2 computers. Is that possible, and if so, how should I set up DHCP's?

If I disable the router's DHCP server, the LAN adapters get out-of-range default IP addresses apparently because they time out before the wifi connection is established.

If I enable the Router DHCP then end up with IP addresses on different network segments.

The hotspot appears to use the entire range of 256 IP addresses, so I'm concerned that if will occasionally assign conflicting addresses if I assign static IP addresses.

Any thought on how to do this would be appreciated.

Also, I'd be willing to use individual wif adapters on each computer if that would work better.

FredVN

Relevancy 48.16%

I live in a senior mobile home park and the management has given me permission to setup a wifi hotspot in the community clubhouse. I added a wireless access point, an Edimax EW-7228APn, to their non-wifi router located in their park office. They want me to make sure that anyone using the new hotspot cannot look at their files on the office computer. How do I configure the access point to make sure that no one can intrude on managements files?

Thank you
Len

A:Wifi Sharing question

Quote: Originally Posted by lenberman

I live in a senior mobile home park and the management has given me permission to setup a wifi hotspot in the community clubhouse. I added a wireless access point, an Edimax EW-7228APn, to their non-wifi router located in their park office. They want me to make sure that anyone using the new hotspot cannot look at their files on the office computer. How do I configure the access point to make sure that no one can intrude on managements files?

Thank you
Len

You can try setting up the guest account on the A/P, this usually requires that you set up a separate SSID, password etc. then make all connection through the guest account which should place you outside the subnet that the office's router is using. This should prevent anyone using your A/P from having access to the files on the office's network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295060-wifi-sharing-question.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Problem:
I have a Win7 PC connected to router through LAN. I have Win8 connected to router over WiFi. How to share files between them? Is it MS related or router related problem?
Workarounds:
If I connect Win8 through LAN, sharing is working.
Win7 can ping Win8, but entering in explorer \\IP I get common "you do not have permission...". Win8 can't ping Win7 at all.

I have searched a lot, found a lot of similar problems but none of them was mine and solutions didn't work.

A:Sharing on network between LAN and WiFi

Quote: Originally Posted by gacuxz

Problem:
I have a Win7 PC connected to router through LAN. I have Win8 connected to router over WiFi. How to share files between them? Is it MS related or router related problem?
Workarounds:
If I connect Win8 through LAN, sharing is working.
Win7 can ping Win8, but entering in explorer \\IP I get common "you do not have permission...". Win8 can't ping Win7 at all.

I have searched a lot, found a lot of similar problems but none of them was mine and solutions didn't work.

Is there more than one router in this network? Maybe a modem/router then another wireless router?

You shouldn't have any problems sharing between LAN and wireless unless they aren't using the same default gateway which points to a router configuration problem.

If you can post the .txt file that is created on your desktop by unzipping and then clicking on the ipconfig file, from both machines it would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316247-sharing-network-between-lan-wifi.html
Relevancy 48.16%

i have a problem with the hotspot . i cant able to start hotspot of laptop . please solve my problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-sharing-or-hot-spot/td-p/5843075
Relevancy 48.16%

So sometime ago around about the start of November my internet speed dropped out of nowhere and has remained at the constantly lowered speed since then Usually I would have a download speed of mbps however in recent days that s more like mbps When trying a bandwidth test that would usually have been about mbps however that is more like mbps now A way I used to scope what my bandwidth was was using the Formula com website where when you watch a video on it it will tell you your bandwidth rating before hand That as I say has dropped from the mbps to the mbps mentioned This is normally an and Speed Speed Drop Bandwidth Internet Sudden okay speed to do things however whilst my father is using Netflix the internet becomes so slow that it is basically impossible to do anything Normally on my old internet speed it would have not been a problem Now I ve done all the tests that are normally mentioned to Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop do as I have been searching for an answer since the Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop internet speed tanked It is not a computer specific problem as it is exactly the same on all devices connected to the router I have rung my ISP and they have said that my line should be receiving around mbps as we run on an ADSL connection However doing a line test through the same provider says we should be getting mbps My ISP reports no problems with the line and there has been no change at my end either When the internet suddenly dropped as I say it was a sudden speed decrease it didn t happen over a period of time it literally happened in an instant I was on a BT HomeHub This hub would continuously be disconnecting due to a fault however the internet speed was always at the mbps Bandwidth However around about the th- th of November as I say the internet just dropped but we were still having troubles with the disconnections A BT HomeHub was then upgraded to which has since stopped the disconnections but the speed has remained exactly the same Any advice would be appreciated on this and I thank you for any time that you put into this issue I just hope that it s something that can be resolved I just want to know what has caused it it s one of those things that just shouldn t happen but has and it is mighty frustrating Again thanks Phil nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello how we all doing Good I however am not so good someone told me that ones psychological well being is connected to the state of ones comp Slow computer a declines dl speed/hdwrite 100% goes internet, to speed when CPU using progressively lot of irrtation Obviously this is true But I digress Have an issue with CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines high CPU that only occurs when internet network card is involved This makes my computer laggy According to asus liveupdate application I have the latest drivers for everything I even updated my BIOS through it CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines and it installed in windows somehow I did flash it via floppy or usb I have read that this software is very unreliable and buggy If someone can give a link to where ASUS posts BIOS revision history bugfixes I would appreciate it I can't find it on this link I start OS everything CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines is fine Fire up latest version of chrome my laptop has been connected on and off today and I have google update so it should be this very latest download anything I think anything at least from FTP and CPU load increases as the download speed increases It takes about - seconds for CPU to reach then the download speed decreases I think my comp can't handle that high hd write speed while CPU is If it gets up to MB s megabyte this happens Close dl finished paused CPU goes back down to normal levels of idling which I suspect is unusually high in my case Windows is not very snappy but not all too laggy either I get maxed out to MB s with ubuntu ftp CPU rises dlspeed declines just as described If I close chrome then start again CPU spikes to for half a second Even just opening my computer causes this This made me suspicious that it's simply my laptop that is weak it can't handle high hd write without cpu going bonanas However copying to HD from USBstick gets me a stable MB s with CPU not noteworthy elevated Problem persists with all program under explorer exe in processexplorer closed At one time interrupts went to - system idle was at at one point Processxplorer exe was See attached pictures At one point prcsexplorer said system idle processes is using CPU yet the diagram and systra is on How come Tested again with all eset smart security modules disabled the ones that can be disabled from right click of systray - system idle even as much as at one point Could eset still be root problem anyway I noticed for example one module needs reboot to be disabled Just now I restarted without barely any services and applications internet was not working spike to when opening my comp Also restarted with my normal applications and services cpu spikes to from opening browser and google docs On old stationary also cpu when connect to internet might this just be a switch issue Have a cheap no-name no brand-name simple one On the other hand I tested without switch only my comp connect straight to jacket in wall - problem remained Also same problem occured when I tested my laptop on the librarie s wireless some month ago On fresh install of ubuntu bit with a handful of software installed and no other modifications I get a stable cpu load of - with mb s- mb s from ftp via browser So no decline in dl hd write speed in contrast to W No unnormal elevation of RAM it rests at GB just as before dl started Once dl finished cpu goes to - If I recall correctly issue was there from the very beginning of getting it and the problem persisted after reinstalling windows bit ultimate and only installing a small number of software Note that a couple of months ago the only way to make CPU come down from was to reboot Or manually disconnecting then reconnecting network cable Or disable then enable network card ethernet adapter in device manager Also this impacted OS much more than now windows in general was very very laggy and ope... Read more

A:CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines

Try to update driver for JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, if already updated then try to roll back the driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-goes-to-100-when-using-internet-dl-speed-hdwrite-speed-progressively-declines-628783.html
Relevancy 48.16%

hi,
I have a cabble 512 kb network connection.
and i use shareza for downloading at first it was good about 30 - 90kb download speed but now it falls down to at max 15kb but when i tried downloading on http download reaches 150 kb at some even not fast sites i were asking about this problem and also that where I could find some sites like dzportal.com or evilived.com that I could download on rapidshare or other fast http uploaders.
and I should say if there be a problem on server i have access to server for installing app and ....
If there's another question plz ask.

I use note book acer 4001lci for downloading.

A:speed problem & need a good sharing site

filefactory megaupload
filefront rapidfile.fr
just do search and test
you can't go by others experiance ,good luck
ps: that cable speed is slow

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-problem-need-a-good-sharing-site.57804/
Relevancy 48.16%

what do you call it when a connection is running slower because there are 20 other
people connecting to the same pipe? is that attenuation...?

what is a good/bad ratio???

A:whats slow sharing speed called?

Its called Contention
Understanding Contention

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-slow-sharing-speed-called.822166/
Relevancy 48.16%

Our LAN connection runs about mbps down up our WIFI runs about mbps down up Given there s a wall or two between quot the hub Up Way to Any WiFi? the Speed quot It s a steel building there s nobody running off the WIFI except people with cell phones I installed a TS Link WIFI Extender outside the walls in the shop which receives - bars There s manual mills lathes and CNC equipment in the shop as well as a shop computer for clocking in out and a MSC vendor that are LAN connected Pretty much all that connects to the WIFI are cell phones and the shop laptop Is it Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? simply the interference on GHz in the shop Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? that muddles the signal the wall s in between or is there anything I can do to get it up to at least loss in data Here s my Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? setup INTERNET NETGEAR WNR lt LAN gt ---CAT e Crossover--- BUFFALO AC AP lt WIFI gt --- NETWORK MBPS Down MBPS UP lt LAN gt lt --- FIREWALL THAT I D Ced Watchguard Firebox SOHO was getting MBPS LAN with it lt LAN gt NETGEAR -PORT SWITCH lt LAN gt NETWORK MBPS Down MBPS UP lt LAN gt NAS lt ----- Need to access through WIFI The Netgear router doesn t give a constant signal while the Buffalo does I was originally going to reroute the the Buffalo to DMZ THRU on the firewall but the firewall didn t like it I know that firewall is about years outdated I don t intend to use it What I need to know is will it significantly increase WIFI speed to just use the Buffalo without the Netgear there Also what will I need to get ac connection from the Buffalo router Has there been a standard set for it yet I m also open for firewall suggestions that have legit DMZ THRU SonicWall Thanks Blake Rawlston Machinist IT Anarchist Southeastern Tool and Design nbsp

A:Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi?

removed your email, as that's a great way to get on spam lists.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-to-speed-up-the-wifi.1112377/
Relevancy 48.16%

What is the best way to speed up a secured wifi connection? (Wireless N)
Speed keeps changing.

A:wifi speed

What is the best way to speed up a secured wifi connection?Click to expand...

Determine what is causing the slowness and then rectify the cause.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed.827975/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought HP G N y es notebook and I have major problems with it First I is speed WiFi very low barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R M i have to use outdated drivers now and now i have problem with wifi drivers I WiFi speed is very low am using windows ultimate x I installed newest drivers first Broadcom b g n WLAN Driver for Windows American International nbsp Download speed in my Utorrent client was - kb s nbsp It ocassionaly jumped WiFi speed is very low on - kb s where I want it to be all the time but it only lasted for minute or two nbsp Usually on my PC is aprox kb s After that I installed older version of that driver Rev B May and the same thing happens And my signal of WiFi is always full because I sit meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere nbsp nbsp nbsp No one answered me in my last post so im posting the same question again nbsp nbsp

A:WiFi speed is very low

Hi, There are few posts around. Please use others Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-is-very-low/td-p/5854571
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Like a lot of similar threads here I am experiencing slow wifi speed on out of laptops I have a Virginmedia wireless n Superhub UK all in one modem router set at mbps and speed wifi Low my tariff is for mbps download speed laptops experience no problems at all wireless g connects at mbps wireless n connects at mbps another wireless n connects at mbps These connection speeds are consistent and do not fluctuate Low wifi speed All have consistent speedtests of mbps download and mbps upload The remaining laptop has fluctuating connection speeds of anywhere between - mbps and a speedtest of between - mbps This laptop is my wife s work from home machine - Lenovo Thinkpad with an Intel wifi Link agn adapter Office is situated one floor up from the router and phone socket We have a wireless phone jack so no cabling is run directly to the office I thought this may be giving off interference but I disconnected it and still got the same wifi results I have used all working laptops in the office and have experienced no change in connection speeds speedtest so am assuming that the issue is not interference I haven t yet hardwired the laptop or tried to update the driver Just wanted to run this by you first before I make any changes Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Guys,
Have an issue with my internet speed, I am currently subscribed with an ISP for 60Mb/s Connection and I can only get that speed via cable over wifi it goes down to 26Mb/s, after I called my ISP they told me I had to buy some other wifi device that extendes my signal and is able to transmit more then 26MB/s so I bought a NetGear EX6100 Wifi Range Extender and set it up as an access point on the 5GHz channel it is currently connected via cable with the ISP Router but still im only getting 26Mb/s.
Im stuck what did I do wrong ???

A:Wifi Speed

My cable service plan is for 150 Mbps download.

I get 150 - 170 Mbps on ethernet and 30 - 50 Mbps on wireless.

I've tweaked my wireless connection as much as I can and still get the much slower speed.

It's still fast enough for my needs, so I've learned to live with it.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed.1149319/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I was at the airport other day,waiting for my flight, and i used a WiFi hotspot to access to my blog. I noticed that although the hotspot claimed to run at maximun data rate of 54 Mbps the throughput I achieved was a lot less. can you explain to me why that might be?

can you explain the term 802.11 standard to me ??
thank you.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys

I have a NETGEAR 600 with excellent connection on all my devices. Is there a way to setup a Wifi sharing system so I can access files from:

1 - Dell XPS 13 w/ Vista
2 - HP EliteBook w/ Windows 8
3 - Mac Mini w/ latest OSX (and Windows 7 via Bootcamp)
4 - 1.5 TB that is connected by USB to HP EliteBook

I'd just like to be able to share files between all devices. Drag files from Mac to Elitebook and vice-verse, drag files from any device to 1.5TB for backup, etc. Basically, all the devices play well together in terms of sharing, grabbing files

Thank you ahead of time for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wireless-sharing-between-2-pc-1-mac-1-5tb-external-hd.1086693/
Relevancy 47.73%

That I am aware of there are currently no federal or state laws that govern who you can share your wifi with I am in the state of Iowa and the broadband ISP that I am with Solved: wifi neighbors your Is the against sharing law? thinking of signing a contract with doesn t seem to have any problems with the number of Solved: Is sharing wifi with your neighbors against the law? computers that I setup on my network but there bandwidth speeds are only optimized for a certain number of PC s I am considering www hughesnet com or www agristar com The area that I live in does offer dsl but the bandwidth is only k or k I can get much higher bandwidths from these two providers but there bills are very high I am in a well established community of about or less people My plan is to setup a wifi connection and share it with all my neighbors who would be willing to split the bill with me I have heard that it is only considered illegal but there are currently no laws on this Does anyone have any advice for this Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

is there a way for me to access this computers?
I just saw them in my network. But i dont know who are they.
I saw something on youtube like you can access this computers by Remote Desktop Connection.
But i dont know how to access them.

Relevancy 47.73%

OK, here's the situation:

On a boat - no hardwire in. Previously had XP machine running ICS and ad-hoc to share connex (WiFI, cell network, whatever I could find would be available to the network). Now using Vista 64, and the ad-hoc is a PITA (have to manually connect at each bootup). So I'm thinking...

If I take the WiFi in to the main computer, then take the LAN out to a wireless router with a crossover cable, disable DHCP and assign IP's (so, kind of a hub), shouldn't I be able to have a sort of ICS access-point thingamabob?

Anyone done this, or heard of this, or think it would/wouldn't work?

Thx,
clamazon

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/193958-sharing-wifi-ics-over-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

Just saying hi, for a start anyhow.

I've got a Macbook running 10.2.1 that's connected to the internet via Wifi. I've also got a PC running Vista, that can't connect to the internet as it has no WiFi. Can I share my Airport connection to the PC via a LAN cable, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance,

H.

A:Connecting a Mac to a PC and sharing a wifi connection - help!

this article shares the internet via an ethernet to a 360 - but should be the same onto a PC
http://macapper.com/2009/01/29/tutorial-mac-internet-sharing-with-xbox-360/

only issue is if the LAN ports are auto sensing and if not you may need to use a cross over ethernet cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-mac-to-a-pc-and-sharing-a-wifi-connection-help.977661/
Relevancy 47.73%

My laptop has a great wifi connection with my neighbors wifi (with permission). The connection is via a high gain, usb flat panel directional antennae and it works great. I would like to access this connection on my iPad. Is there a way to connect a wireless router to my laptop to provide iPad access to this connection?

Many thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382786-sharing-laptop-wifi-my-ipad.html
Relevancy 47.73%

What is the fastest most visually obvious way of sharing files between two laptops.
I recently started using MicroSoft SkyDrive...it works awesome...but larger files take to long to upload to the internet...also it adds extra ($) from monthly internet (upload+download).

Is there a similar software that would do the same thing?
Kinda would just like to right click a file "Send to" and select my computer...
then have me accept it from another computer kinda thing.
the thing with sharing is I usually gotta copy/paste file into shared folder..
upload it from second place..go back delete file in shared...

NOTES:

1) I HATE the libraries option.
2) I also HATE the Network Drive thingy...
3) I'm using a Shared Family Network...I don't want everyone on the same wifi network suddenly gaining access to my private content.

Thanks for reading
Hope someone can understand my jumbled question. lol

A:Sharing/Sending Files via WIFI

Quote: Originally Posted by livingdeadboy

What is the fastest most visually obvious way of sharing files between two laptops.
I recently started using MicroSoft SkyDrive...it works awesome...but larger files take to long to upload to the internet...also it adds extra ($) from monthly internet (upload+download).

Is there a similar software that would do the same thing?
Kinda would just like to right click a file "Send to" and select my computer...
then have me accept it from another computer kinda thing.
the thing with sharing is I usually gotta copy/paste file into shared folder..
upload it from second place..go back delete file in shared...

NOTES:

1) I HATE the libraries option.
2) I also HATE the Network Drive thingy...
3) I'm using a Shared Family Network...I don't want everyone on the same wifi network suddenly gaining access to my private content.

Thanks for reading
Hope someone can understand my jumbled question. lol

Good luck in finding what you are searching.

I use the thing you hate so much you need to scream it, Libraries over Homegroup. Nothing is so easy as to simply open Explorer and use files on other computers exactly as if they were on mine PC. Easy, fast, so transparent you don't even realize you are accessing files on another PC.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282691-sharing-sending-files-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 47.73%
A:looking for best free wifi sharing software ??

The one built into windows? Just do a search for ad hoc

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/314278-looking-best-free-wifi-sharing-software.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am unable to connect my PlayStation 3 to my internet without my ps3 crashing, so I found out a way to connect my ps3 to my laptop and share the internet through an Ethernet cable, it works fine most times but after a while my laptop begins thinking the PlayStation is trying to share internet and causes the internet to be disabled. I haven't been able to find a way to fix this issue, and it happens very frequently. I hope this doesn't seem too complicated.

A:WiFi sharing with PC/PS3 not working properly?

Disable UPNP on the ps3. Leave it on in the router.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599101/wifi-sharing-with-pcps3-not-working-properly/
Relevancy 47.3%

Had D-link and got sick of the problems. Went with Belkin router and PC Card.
Ran great for a month...............then it all went to hell.
I have a 5 meg cable conx and I lose at least 50-70% of speed with WIFI.

Running XP . Are there any configuration settings I'm missing?
I was letting Belking manage the connection but that was killing my CPU , so I went back to letting Windows run it. Seemed to have helped, but my CPU is still sluggish..........slow opening browsers. Streaming is fine.............conex stable.
Cursor sticky and slow.

Relevancy 47.3%

how can i increase or improve the speed of my wifi connection. it seems like everytime i go on the web, it takes quite a while to load the page. just a little bit faster then 56kbps. the wireless router is right in the other room.

when my friend brings his laptop over, it seems as though he gets fast connection eventhough he's downstairs...

wassup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed-increase.215817/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi nbsp My notebook has a relatively slow WiFi connection to the wireless router I Searched this forum and found some advice which related to the network adapter settings WiFi Spectre Speed HP I tried this advice and it did not work for me http h www hp com t Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking Wifi-speeds-slow td-p nbsp Data Windows latest updates are installedi - CPU and GB RAMNetwork adapter driver version from May My WiFi Speed was only Mbit Second nbsp The WiFi Speed of my wife with her Lenovo positioned as the same spot is Mbit Sec and my iPhone connects with Mbit Sec nbsp After playing with some parameters I found out that changing the advanced setting of the WiFi adapter to prefer the Ghz channel increased my HP Spectre WiFi Speed speed to Mbit Sec This parameter might help some other people that have this issue but I am still disappointed because my speed is still half the speed of the competition Lenovo has a Broadcom WiFi adapter nbsp Does someone have any solution to this issue nbsp HP Spectre WiFi Speed Thank you nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-WiFi-Speed/td-p/5708847
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all, I am using windows 8 in my laptop and Ubuntu in my desktop PC. In the desktop, I used to browse the internet by connecting LAN cable. and using WiFi on my laptop. I am using Acanac's unlimited internet plans in Quebec. The browsing speed is comparatively high in Ubuntu than windows 8. Is there any mechanism to boost the browsing speed in windows 8? I am not very familiar with Ubuntu. Most of the times I use my laptop to browse. If you have any solution, please put it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623669/to-boost-wifi-speed/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ive been getting latency lately while playing wow, due to the addition of another computer using our verizon fiber optic internet. Is there a program out there that could boost my internet speed and possibly help me get more out of a connection that is already pretty fast? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around Mbps I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router I have this setup - Archer T U USB ac drivers updated - USB - Airport Extreme router ac Ghz only - PC is about meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between - All other equipment MacBook iPhone do not have wifi speed issues From the same point as the PC I get much higher speeds Mbps What could be wrong My rig PCPartPicker part list Core i - K GHz Quad-Core GeForce GTX GB - System Build - PCPartPicker CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U P SE CFM CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus Z PRO GAMING AURA ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX GB x GB DDR - Memory Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Video Card Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link Archer T U USB a b g n ac Wi-Fi Adapter cheers Tex

A:Poor LAN wifi speed

Originally Posted by TexTwil

Hi,
My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around 50 Mbps. I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router.

I have this setup
- Archer T4U USB 802.11 ac (drivers updated)
- USB 3
- Airport Extreme router 802.11 ac (5Ghz only)
- PC is about 3 meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between
- All other equipment (MacBook, iPhone) do not have wifi speed issues. From the same point as the PC, I get much higher speeds (500Mbps)

What could be wrong?

cheers,
Tex

adjacent channels ?

The free inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 network analyser will tell you what you need to know about your local network and througput configuration including WIFI overcrowdinng ,overlapping and adjacent channel networks ,other newtorks (neiboors ) but outside of driver ,fiewall ,port configuration or HDWE problems .

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62399-poor-lan-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I have one of these wireless cards Asus WL-138g v2 and I have it running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the card stays connected but is painfully slow when downloading and using the internet. I have tried a collection of different drivers removed anti virus software, disabled all start up items and services but this does not solve the issue. The only thing I have found so far that does solve this problem is to boot into safe mode and then it works fine and is not slow at all. Anyone have any ideas on what might cause this issue?

THanks

A:Slow Wifi Speed

As always check to make sure you have the most up to date driver from Asus. Also check and/or disable any software firewall that may be negatively affecting the connection.

Another thought that comes to mind is... what are you connecting to with this wifi card? Is this your own network, or? What is the signal strength of this connection? Screenshots may be helpful here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188248-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently upgraded my VDSL speed to mbps down and mbps up Since the upgrade my speed is only WiFi only Help. half speed. at about half I am reading at about - mbps download I had down and up prior to the upgrade And always got full speed over WiFi I get my full speed over a ethernet cable I have a actiontec V modem router or as Qwest calls it the Q It supports N Its also dual WiFi only half speed. Help. band My laptop wireless card is a Realtek RTL B WiFi only half speed. Help. wireless b g mbps usb network adapter I have tried changing the channel of my router I also tried changing the power level of the radio signal I also updated the driver I changed the channel of my realtek card as well I am stumped I also called my ISP tech support They have no idea whats wrong The person I spoke to thought n was a model number If anyone knows what I can do to fix this it would be much appreciated if you could help nbsp

A:WiFi only half speed. Help.

Welcome to TSG!

Sorry to say that's all you'll get with 802.11 g. The 54Mbits/sec is the maximum physical layer bit rate. Actual throughput will be around 24 Mbits/sec Max.

Only way to "fix" it is to upgrade to 802.11 n.

I have an 802.11 n setup which connects at 130 Mbits/sec, but the Max throughput is around 60-65 Mbits/sec.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-only-half-speed-help.931578/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi guys, is there a way to increase wifi speed to make i go fast like a cable connection?

any surgestions would be good?

A:is there a way to increase wifi speed?

Hi there

1)Your Router needs to support the new Wireless-N standard up to 600 mbs from the presemt 54 mbs (WIRELESS-G).

2) Your Wireless card need to support it too.

Wireless-N routers are a bit more expensive -- and the problem is that if you are using a Laptop it's not easy to change the wireless chip so you'll have to use an external USB Wireless-N card -- also not cheap.

I don't think there will be too many PUBLIC WI FI places that will have wireless -n system for ages yet so you are stuck with wireless g @ 54 MBS max.

If you are on a shared wireless connection then the number of users will also slow it down -- especially if you have a load of users such as in a Hotel downloading Music / streaming audio into their hotel rooms etc.

Here's a wiki on Wireless-n (do further research as always with wiki).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11n-2009

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57489-there-way-increase-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey,

my wifi seems very slow under Windows 8 and is acting like its been "capped" by something.

When running Windows 7, I was getting approx 60MB actually download rate off of my apparent 120MB Virgin Media service, now that I am on Windows 8 it appears to be running at 20MB.

The drivers have been updated to the one that was on the manufacturers website, before the update was applied my download was capped at 1MB.

Does something need changing / tweaking on Windows 8 to make it more friendly to high speed broadband?

Cheers

A:slow WiFi Speed

How are you measuring your speed?

Speedtest.net?

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26123-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Way too often my wifi cuts out and I need to use the troubleshooter to restart it, When it returns my speeds are cut by 50%. It is NOT a problem with my wi fi as speeds on my desktop stay stable.  Really tired of a failrly new computer having this problem frequently.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-reduces-by-50/td-p/5759090
Relevancy 47.3%

I just bought HP G N y es notebook and I have major problems with it First I barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R M i have to use outdated drivers now and now is WiFi terrible speed i have problem with wifi drivers I am using windows ultimate WiFi speed is terrible x I installed newest drivers first Broadcom b g n WLAN Driver for Windows American International nbsp Download speed in my Utorrent client was - kb s nbsp It ocassionaly jumped on - kb s where I want it to be all the time but it only lasted for minute or two nbsp Usually on my PC is aprox kb s After that I installed WiFi speed is terrible older version of that driver Rev B May and the same thing happens And my signal of WiFi WiFi speed is terrible is always full because I sit meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere nbsp

A:WiFi speed is terrible

Hi, Please run a speed test to see what do you get          http://www.speedtest.net/ Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-is-terrible/td-p/5853015
Relevancy 47.3%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINHOME System smss exe C WINHOME system winlogon exe C WINHOME system services exe C WINHOME system lsass exe C WINHOME system svchost exe C WINHOME System svchost exe C WINHOME System wltrysvc exe C WINHOME System bcmwltry exe C WINHOME system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm with WIFI ??? 50% Loss Speed LVPrcSrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINHOME Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe C WINHOME system TFNF exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint 50% Speed Loss with WIFI ??? exe C WINHOME system hkcmd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINHOME system THotkey exe C WINHOME 50% Speed Loss with WIFI ??? system TPSMain exe C WINHOME AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINHOME system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin F D Belkinwcui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINHOME system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINHOME system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C DOCUME somebody MOE LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINHOME system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINHOME system THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTHK StTHK exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINHOME system NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINHOME system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Belkin Wireless Utility lnk O - Global Startup EZ-DUB Finder lnk C Program Files EZ-DUB EZ-DUB exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF C A- BE- B -A BB- B FE A ewidoOnlineScan Control - http download ewido net ewidoOnlineScan cab O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab YInstStarter Class - C Program Files Yahoo Common yinsthelper dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C E - E- D- CF- A F FB NameServer O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/50-speed-loss-with-wifi.530879/
Relevancy 47.3%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and calculator what should be my connection if i want my download speed like 1mb per second? thank you very much.

A:difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Are you sure you're not getting 190-200KBps? You have to watch because the speed is often stated using different bit rates. When you see 1.5Mbs (lower case b) then it is megabits per second. If you see 190KBs (upper case B) then it's talking kilobytes per second. There are 8 bits in a byte so you really need to multiply the KBs number by 8 to determine the megabits or divide the Mbs number by 8 to determine the megabyte number.

In your case 200KBs multiplied by 8 is 1600Kbs or 1.6Mbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310087-difference-between-download-speed-internet-speed.html