Windows Support Forum

Patchy connection

Q: Patchy connection

I'm sure a lot of people have this problem, and it's seriously killing me.

I don't normally notice it, but any time a game is loading or a song or video is buffering...it just stops. I know this is likely due to a short screwup in my connection.

What I don't know is why my internet bounces offline, then back on or how to fix it. I'm hoping I just need to put filters on all my phone jacks, which will be done shortly.

Please help, as I have run out of reliable sources.

I also have a wireless router, if that makes a difference.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Patchy connection

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Patchy connection

If you are using DSL and don't have filters on ALL the phone equipment EXCEPT the DSL modem, that's an obvious first step!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/patchy-connection.788417/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there What I mean by a patchy internet is I could disconnect from the internet for like mins and then come back on this could happen like times in a hour or times Now my household is a medium to heavy user s of the internet Me I rely on a good internet as I play poker for a living and also I like to play the PS so it s frustrating when the internet becomes patchy We have like devices that will use the modem most of them connect through wireless No one really streams anything or downloads music movies etc etc We recently changed ISP when we was with Patchy Internet our old ISP we never had any major problems like this We are also using the same router that we bought any help would be great Thanks in advance If you Patchy Internet have a question about anything post and I will get back to you as soon as I know the answer nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone Colours patchy, or (like 256) 16-bit this is my first post on Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256) sevenforums Was on vistax Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256) and switched to Win just about a week back The switch from Vista to was pretty easy unlike XP to Vista Now for my problem I was using a D-sub VGA cable to connect my graphics card to my display BIG Geforce GT to Bravia KLV- V A The cable was cheap and of poor quality I guess it had interference issues If they are of relevence i will post it later But now i changed to a DVI-D Dual Link - HDMI cable The Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256) problems i had with the other cable are gone But now the colour gradients are not displayed properly Its like how you would see it in a -bit or colours display A patch of one shade then a patch of the next and not a gradual change It is not as noticable as mode but it is noticable Even on the login screen it can be observed What could be wrong I would be grateful for any help Thank you Adding some details Eg The blue on either side of this page has horizontal patches in the area that the gradation occurs My resolution x colour depth -bit Refresh rate Hz NVIDIA drivers downloaded just a week back I'm uploading two pictures The first desktop is just a simulation ie i saved the picture in colours just to show an exaggerated example of my problem The second i created a new black image and used a gradient tool I can see diagonal patches but im not sure if others will see it

A:Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256)

Is my problem that difficult or am i violating any forum rules?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107870-colours-patchy-like-16-bit-256-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all I have installed a Win Ultimate RTM trial on my pc and connected it to my Internode NakedADSL Ultra net connection It is an Patchy streaming video flash Mbit connection with cat cables and when downloading a Patchy flash video streaming test file from Internode's servers pulls about kB s I have noticed ever since running that youtube and other video streaming sites including facebook collegehumour etc that the buffering is very patchy It does not seem to matter if it is a flash or vimeo or any other kind of video streaming Often times I will be watching a video and the progress bar will catch up with the buffering and simply stop buffering Then when I try to re-watch the video the already buffered material is in the cache and that is all that loads Patchy flash video streaming It does not continue buffering from where it stopped Very annoying I also have a machine with XP which buffers much quicker and with minimal interruptions Can anyone help with this and has anyone noticed the same thing

A:Patchy flash video streaming

Delete and/or wipe your Temporary Internet Files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28081-patchy-flash-video-streaming.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am using a ASROCK Z Video Patchy Display? have and I Random BSD Pro Intel Socket with an Intel Core i K GB of I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display? DDR RAM ADATA GB SSD My brother wanted me to test his GPU NVIDIA GeForce TI and this is when my system started to go hay wire I Tested my PSU That passed my system tester I then used my MOBO Tester no error codes to be worried about I am just questioning either the RAM or the CPU I am now using Intel's onboard GPU and is now doing the same thing as before It has crashed Windows Pro like almost once a day now It crashes with the white lines going across the screen distorting the display When I power cycle it comes back normal and I can use it The day I took out the NVIDIA TI I had my system crashed with a tone of beeps Stupid me never listened to the beeps code and it started fine after I cleared CMOS by removing the BIOS Battery I still had those lines show up I thought it was a virus as my system was running slower than normal and had a BSD with Security Check Error Message The next boot up I had an issue with a MemCheck Error But these BSD where with the GPU and not Onboard Since I took it out I haven't had any BSD My brother has that same NVIDIA GeForce TI Gard in his computer and it works fine and no errors Just wondering why I have to reset the BIOS to defaults every once in a while too I will be running my Memory tester as well to see if it may be bad RAM But something isn't running right My Power Source is a battery backup power supply and every once in a while it shows in windows that the battery is charging as my Power Strip has the USB Cable that connects to the computer and will shut down the computer if it lost power Perhaps this could be what wrong with it too One other question is there a software to test the SSD Performance Perhaps this could be the cause too

A:I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display?

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
Should you have problems with the perfmon report, please disregard it (I don't use it very much anyway).
Should the app lock up for more than 15 minutes while searching for Network information (it does this in my copy of W10), go ahead and kill the app. 
Then navigate to the Documents folder and zip up the 18 reports in the SysnativeFileCollectionApp folder - then upload that with your next post.
If that doesn't work, then you can try this new app (from a friend of mine):  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
***********************************************************************************************************

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598793/i-have-random-bsd-and-patchy-video-display/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I ve got an issue with connecting this PC via my wireless router to the internet It is a patchy issue that works at times and at others gives the messages quot Windows can t communicate with the device or resource Primary DNS Server quot and quot DNS server not responding quot I ve followed the three - issue Win with 7, DNS patchy server communicate can't steps recommended here Method does after some time seem to enable the Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue internet to connect but it seems to last a short while then revert to the error messages posted above This DNS error also happens on every startup and regularly thereafter I ve tried disabling firewalls antivirus etc and running malwarebytes spotbot ccleaner avast and adaware scans to no avail On occasion Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue when using the windows troubleshoot problems on the network toolbar it resets my network adapter and tells me the problem is solved Alternate times I do this it just provides the DNS server error above Due to the tempramental nature of this I ve been unable to resolve it completely but all other devices have no issues with connecting via the router so it s definitely a problem with this machine I have attached my ipconfig all file My system info is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z -V PRO Antivirus ZoneAlarm Antivirus Disabled All help gratefully appreciated Apologies if I ve missed anything important Edit I ve tried powering down the router modem and PC for a while then restarting it all but it didn t help I am also unable to start my PC in safe mode as the video driver doesn t run so the monitor goes black - this may be a limiting factor in my investigation nbsp

A:Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue

we will go over old ground i'm afraid here

1) you have zonealarm, as a virus product do you also have the firewall - make sure you remove all firewalls an use the removal tools - give us a list of what has ever been on the pc and we can give the tools address

2) have you gone to the manufactures website and updated the driver or actually re-installed the driver

3) quite a few things to try below
a) tcp/ip reset
b) ping tests - please do all three - would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.
c) Change DNS servers and see if that resolves the issue
d) Uninstall the driver and re-install
e) Post an xirrus screen shot
f) Have you looked into channel interference - the xirrus screen shot will help with that
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping 192.168.1.1
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the co... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-cant-communicate-with-dns-server-patchy-issue.1129505/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 7000 that I am using. Sometimes the cursor just sticks and won't move properly and I can't figure out why. I am trying to use it about 10-12 feet from the tower where the receiver is plugged in. When I use the mouse about 2 feet from the receiver it works fine. I thought this mouse was suppose to cover a 30 foot distance. I also have the router right next to the mouse's wireless receiver and not sure if the 2.4 GHZ Frequency interferes. I have tried new batteries and downloading updated drivers, but had no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse with patchy performance!

You have pretty much determined its a distance issue. Distance can vary by the quality of the hardware and any interference within the room. Not too mention it's a notebook mouse, so the primary concern wasn't in achieving great distance.

Is the receiver out in the open?

I know on my computer case, the case extends out beyond the rear USB ports for the receiver and the mouse hardly worked 2 ft away. It worked fine when attached to the front panel of the case, but that wasn't conveinent so I used a USB extension cable to move the receiver under my desk over by the mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-mouse-with-patchy-performance.1069462/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello

System Specs:

HP/Compaq 8710p laptop
Windows XP SP3
Kaspersky Internet Security

Symptoms over past few months:

After using computer for many hours (8+) performance drastically degrades and the screen display eventually becomes patchy with text and graphics missing. At this point the computer is no longer functional and must be Shut Down. Sometimes a forced power off is required as it won't shut down normally.

After re-boot the computer is back to normal but the problem is consistent.

I occassionally get the "Blue Screen of Death" with reference to "nv4_disp.dll". This has happened approximately once every 3 months over the past year. Eventually I re-installed the Display driver but this hasn't changed the situation.

I have run Malwarebyte's Anti-malware and Kaspersky Anti-virus scans regularly.

Any ideas you have to help resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Becky

A:Performance degradation & video display becomes patchy

Have you noticed the machine getting hot when the graphics errors occur? Download Speedfan (free app) and monitor your CPU and more importantly your GPU temperatures. Check your temps with the operating temps on the chip manufacturers site. If yours are getting too hot it would explain the slow performance and graphics errors.

To resolve first check your fan is running properly and the fan and heatsink are clean from dust/hair. Also consider cleaning off the old thermal paste and applying a high quality paste to the chips.

What is the BSOD error code?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/performance-degradation-and-video-display-becomes-patchy-470592.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello For the last month I've been having problems with my computer The main symptomsare - internet connection disconnects every - hours sometimes shorter longer - the download rate dropped from to on a regular basis - the computer gets slow sometimes more than usual and acts weird I've checked the matter with the internet cables and the modem providers - everything is fine and I believe that there's a malicious Trojan inside my computer The thing is that I'm quite an expert and I HAVE tried EVERYTHING on my own but NOTHING works I've tried the steps you recommended I've scanned online with every recommended virus Connection Droped Half, Trojan/spyware Speed - By Plus Unknown Disconnects Connection scanner available I got the AVG anti virus amp anti spyware firewall I scanned witheverything possible They all found minor things but nothing serious Spy Catcher was the onethat catched many things actually I've done many scans in either Normal or Safe modes andnow the results are showing that it's all cleaned However - the problem is still there I hope you can help me with the following Hijackthis log Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware file If nothing helps I guess the next step will be probably just to format and reinstall windows something that happens on a rather regular basis on my computer I'd appreciate any useful comment Thanks Liaf HERE'S MY LOG FILE Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunThreatEngine exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer SunProtectionServer exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files SpyCatcher Scheduler daemon exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeE BitLord BitLord exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgwa datC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - A C D- CED- A - D-DAE A FD - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run ASM quot C Program Files AOL Active Security Monitor ASMonitor exe quot HIDEMAINO - HKLM Run SunServer C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Pr... Read more

A:Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware

Hi again,

Please reply asap, even if you don't know what it is - I need to know if it's something
that can't be fixed so that I'll reinstall windows.
HELP!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75349/connection-speed-droped-by-half-plus-connection-disconnects-unknown-trojanspyware/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am seeking advice here to solve a problem with internet connection on my laptop The laptop Thinkpad X running bit Vista seems to be ok to connect to my router which is connected to a cable modem Internet is also connected on the base level more details below However Internet Explorer or firefox opera cannot find any web page and Mozilla Thunderbird email program cannot connect to email server I am decently ok with computers so I have run some checks myself This is not a problem of router or cable modem as my other computers can access internet through the same router and modem Also the laptop gets an IP address from the router and can connect to shared resources on other computers within the same network The laptop also finds outside addresses and get a response when I run ping command e g ping www internet not problem browser does connection work weird but connection in Vista, fine google com or ping www yahoo com suggesting that the connection to DNS server is fine at the base level I was suspecting that windows firewall my Symantec antivirus or VPN is creating the problem But the problem persists after I disabled firewall and the antivirus software and deleted VPN connection One important thing to mention is that this problem starts when after a software install which I removed afterwards I tried to run netsh reset by quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot quot netsh int ipv reset myreset log quot and quot netsh int ipv reset myreset log quot and restart Still does not work Really desperate for a solution Any suggestions Thank you nbsp

A:weird internet connection problem in Vista, connection fine but browser does not work

Hi Rainstone,
Did you try system restore.to the date before installing that bad software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-internet-connection-problem-in-vista-connection-fine-but-browser-does-not-work.919151/
Relevancy 28.38%

Windows XP Service Pack Connection ADSLAV - Eset NodIf I m supposed to write something else as well please do say so For months it has been working fine Desktop computer connected to router via LAN or ethernet I don t know which expression is the right one laptop connected wirelessly to that same router and IPTV connected via LAN Then all of a sudden Laptop connection work, doesn't int. IPTV int. (LAN) and wireless desktop connection computer a few nights ago no internet connection on desktop comp with notification about no connectivity or low connectivity All indication lamps on the router show as before We have so far tried and nothing worked we have good working computer knowledge but not troubleshooting and stuff - restarted router many times- restarted computer many times- did Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN) a system restore- unplugged the router s power - disconnected laptop from the network - changed the LAN cable for a new one- changed the IP address Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN) from automatically to manually and typed some other addresses as advised by our ISP who in the end said that we need to reinstall the drivers for network card - following our ISP s advice we tried to find the the driver in device manager there was a driver named network controller we thought that was the one and uninstalled it rebooted the computer and tried to install the driver back from the disk that came with the computer supposedly all drivers on one disk but the disk said all drivers are installed Now we don t have that network controller installed Device manager isn t showing any exclamation marks or other marks Windows diagnostic says that router is working fine Also I don t know if it s related but the internet on the laptop is slower than before and many times I get web page unavailable connection time out and stuff

A:Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN)

Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

Click plus sign by Networ Adapters group.

What do you see?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278751/laptop-wireless-int-connection-and-iptv-work-desktop-computer-int-connection-doesnt-lan/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 28.38%

I Have Recently Updated Xp With First Sp2 And Then Sp3. Now I Cannot Create A Dialup Connection.
When I Go To Wizard For New Conenction Only Broadband Option Is Selectable And The Other 2 Are Greyed Out.
The Modem Is Working Fine.
I Doubt This May Be Because Of Service Packs I Have Installed.
The Remote Access Connection Manager Service Couldn't Be Started ( Error 126 : The Specified Module Could Not Be Found )
Other Depending Services Like Telephony Are Running.
I Have Tried Deleting The 25,26 Registry Keys.
Also Deleted The Telephony Registry Key And Restarted But Still No Use.
I Have Also Tried After Uninstalling Sp3 But The Same Problem.
I Am Currently Using Broadband Connection.
But I Need Dialup Connection Too.

Help Needed Desperately.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-create-dialup-connection-cant-start-remote-access-connection-manager-service-255413.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi folks would greatly appreciate any help and advice on the following problem that s been happening over the last few months I have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP and use a Buffalo WBMR-G Wireless Router to connect to the internet I also connect wirelessly with a Dell Latitude laptop and an iPhone What s been happening on the desktop computer is a loss of connection for seconds at a time or so with the message Local Area Connection a network cable is unplugged Yet while my desktop is disconnected my other devices are using the wireless connection without a break so it doesn t look like there s anything wrong with my broadband provider The Network Connection properties are Intel R DC Gigabit Network Connection PCI bus device function Link speed Mbps Full Duplex Driver Version It seems to be happening much more dropping yet Desktop Connection remains fine on connection Wireless Solved: frequently in the evenings than during the day especially when using Skype Any pointers and help would be great let me know if you need any more info Many thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Connection dropping on Desktop yet Wireless connection remains fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connection-dropping-on-desktop-yet-wireless-connection-remains-fine.899518/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm trying to help diagnose a problem with a friend's computer, and it's a strange one indeed. I've dealt with a lot of funny stuff in my days, but this one tops the cake!

I'll start with the basic information I've got from him (I will ask for more, as I'm sure more will be needed)...

- Running XP
- No recent installs
- Has tried multiple restore points
- Works perfectly in safe mode
- normal boot doesn't register IP
- Removed/reinstalled NIC driver

I'm going to point him to some spyware removal programs, but what else could be the issue here? What other info should I have him get to help?

I know he'd greatly appreciate it, and I thank you all in advance!

Nick

A:No Connection/limited connectivity on wired connection, works in safe mode only

Hello ,

useing (ipconfig)

start
then select ( run
then type in ( cmd
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /flushdns ( notice the space between ipconfig & /
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /release ( ^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /renew ( ^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^
press enter

then reboot

start
then select (run
then type in (cmd
then type in (ipconfig
then type in (netsh winsock reset
press enter
now reboot your system

providing that the (os) is installed on the c drive /you drive letter may be differnt

then reboot

check your connection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-connection-limited-connectivity-on-wired-connection-works-in-safe-mode-only-314772.html
Relevancy 28.38%

hey,

Today i have a new problem with my adsl. The wireless was working at full 'advertised' speed last night, then today i noticed the wireless connection symbol in the task bar had changed from 54mbs to only 2 mbs, and a speedtest showed that it was a tenth of the speed it used to be.

Because i just installed my modem yesterday, i thought maybe this was just the isp limiting my connection until i register the modem or something. However, when i connect an ethernet cable between the modem and my computer, the connection works at full advertised speed. Does this rule out the possibility that my isp is limiting my signal, and suggest that the problem is with my wireless settings? Thanks for any help. The modem is a speedtouch 780.

Relevancy 28.38%

Reloaded xp on dell Latitude d610 - reloaded all drivers. Network connection states excellent connection however browsers state no connectivity.

A:Network connection states excellent connection but browsers state no connectivity

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-states-excellent-connection-but-browsers-state-no-connectivity.991690/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP with a wireless connection to a broadband router.

Several weeks ago my laptop started dropping the internet connection randomly (I'm alos unabel to access email when this happens).

My wireless network icon in my toolbar shows the connection as 'Excellent' but for some reason both Internet and Email is not available. The only way to fix the problem has been to restart my laptop which is very frustrating.

I've noticed that this also happens randomly when I'm at home (using different wireless broadband modem) so I think the issue is my laptop not the 2 x routers/modems.

I'm running NOD32 for security as well (but have been for 4 years now with no problems till now).

Please help.

Relevancy 27.95%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hii all Tech savvy Fedora for 3 connection in Core Internet Configuring PPPoe Connection I am new to this forum and Configuring PPPoe Connection for Internet connection in Fedora Core 3 somewhat new to linux world I have some problem while connecting to the internet My PC configuratiion is as follow Processor AMD athlon RAM mb Motherboard ASUS A N X Display Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated CPU Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter PPPoEWin Miniport I am Configuring PPPoe Connection for Internet connection in Fedora Core 3 having Cablenet Internet connection PPPoE I am able to connect to internet in Windows XP but i am not able to use connect via Fedora Core I used the following IP address I assign it statically in XP to use LAN facilty NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport IP Subnet Gateway WAN PPP SLIP Interface IP Subnet mask Default Gateway DNS Server server ip address Client ip address Please Help me how to coonect in Fedora Core I would also like if you reply me at the following email address allongwiyh this forum rush kanti yahoo co in Waiting for reply nbsp

A:Configuring PPPoe Connection for Internet connection in Fedora Core 3

Hello and Welcome. :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configuring-pppoe-connection-for-internet-connection-in-fedora-core-3.23159/
Relevancy 27.95%

hi everyone im almost having the same problem, i just purchased a wirless netgear wgt624 router and i have a hp vista laptop. i also have an arris touchtone comcast dsl modem. my problem is that i can connect to the internet wirelessly thought the router. but i can not connect on the internet on my desktop. i would like to get the internet goin at the same time both through the router. i have tried to insert an e cable from the router directly to the computer but i get limited or no connectivity. and its not the cable bcuz i swapped out with another e cable and the same result occurs. plz help

A:Wireless internet connection on Vista laptop but no connection on desktop

i have a hp pavillion dv6000 and its running on vista home premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-connection-on-vista-laptop-but-no-connection-on-desktop.108163/
Relevancy 27.95%

XPS 8700, Windows 7, using an Ethernet cable.
The Internet Access icon (in the system tray) will display a red X, then the icon will show spinning, then the icon will appear normal. It takes about 10-seconds for the entire process to occur.
During this time, connectivity to the Internet is lost. I'm using an Ethernet cable to connect.
Typically, it occurs when I'm asking for lots of data rapidly (e.g., flipping through online photos quickly or streaming a large video).
It always fixes itself. But, it's disruptive to my surfing... and annoying.
How might I fix this? Thanks.

A:Red X, Local Area Connection, Loses Connection, Spins, Reconnects

You might get a better response if you re-post this in the Networking forum.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992327
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello everyone I have an internet connection problem and was wondering if anyone here can help I cannot connect to the internet even though all the green lights on the modem are solid and steady I have a laptop connects ethernet cable to the modem which connect to the ISP I ask my ISP support to problem laptop connection connection cable Internet modem to verify my IP address and my modem mac address and they check out good I have an XP OS IE firefox and opera web browsers and a cable modem connection to the ISP - all Internet connection problem laptop to modem cable connection three browsers cannot connect to the internet I can ping the yahoo and google websites and my loopback address but cannot access these websites via my browsers I look in the TCP IP protocol properties and they re all set to automatically obtain the address I also tried to manually configure the ip address the sub mask the dns servers and the default gateway first in the general tab then in the alternate configuration tab to the ones I found the network connections detail I tried the ping ipconfig and netstat commands to try figuring out the problem but no luck Has anyone comes across this problem Any help and advices are much appreciated Thx in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-problem-laptop-to-modem-cable-connection.131928/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi I have windows Pro installed I have a DSL connection that requires a username and password I have read connection sharing internet as connection Solved: wireless Help wired a with the tutorials for setting up ICS in windows but it is not working for me In my change adapter settings page I have connections LAN Wireless and M this is the dial-up for the username and password Here s what I have done I have Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection enabled ICS for M and created an ad-hoc wireless connection called M network I basically want to share my wired connection with my iPhone Everything is ok as far as connecting my iPhone to M network but when I try to use the internet all i get is a connecting message on my phone and it doesnt go any further I have used this network before to connect air mouse on my phone that lets me use my phone as a touchpad It still works fine that way but I cant use internet I have even tried enabling the ICS on LAN instead but got the same results Am I doing something wrong nbsp

A:Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-sharing-wired-internet-connection-as-a-wireless-connection.884605/
Relevancy 27.95%

Sony VAIO laptop running Windows Vista Business, Intel Centrino Duo, 1 gb RAM. Was recently traveling. Used hotel wireless. Now having trouble with home office wireless connectivity. Will conntect to home office Linksys N router. Will send via wireless to printers on network. Yet will not connect to internet via wireless. WILL CONNECT to intenet if connected to the router via a cable. Have tried release and reset IP address, reset TCP/IP stack, and reset winsock. Have done re-install of the Linksys software (deleted the connection and followed the add new computer steps in the Linksys program.) In past had a HP laptop running Windows XP that had same problem, but simple IP address release and reset would fix that one. Thanks to anyone who has the fix to this one! Icarus50

A:Solved: Vista Business Wireless connection OK but no connection to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-business-wireless-connection-ok-but-no-connection-to-internet.814998/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi there im new to the forums and i ve got a problem that laptop; LAN internet Working a no on wireless broken but connection connection s been a real pain for me lately I ve got a wireless connection in my house going through a Linksys WRT GC router and also a wired connection with Cisco gateway only laptop uses it About month ago some strange things began to happen with the wireless connection my PC seems not to be able to connect unless I reinstall the protocols and it s really annoying to do that every time I run my PC Also the wired connection stopped working probably because of cable being broken but it requires a router restart of the time when I want to connect the laptop that used to connect through cable to the wireless network The nd laptop has an issue mentioned in the title the LAN works but it can t connect to the Internet through the router Ipconfig all shows that DHCP isn t working there s no default gateway Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection and DNS seems to be wrong Could that all be related to router not being updated for a long time I tried reinstalling drivers unistalling and installing back network card and doing most of the things mentioned in similar threads but nothing seems to work I know it all looks very silly Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection but I can t do anything about it Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection at least now - I don t have access to any router settings and can t update it Every bit of help is appreciated I can paste all the information needed from all computers Operating systems are Windows on PC and the st laptop nd laptop is Vista nbsp

A:Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection

can we see the ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/working-lan-but-no-internet-connection-on-a-laptop-broken-wireless-connection.1021421/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey,
I have a internet connection through a cable modem.
The modem is a Scientific Atlanta webstar 2100 and also using a wireless router that's a Linksys WRT54GS.
I connect it to my computer and everything. The wireless works fine (i'm using a laptop to create this post). However, it is not a secure network so I wanted to add a password. The problem is that the host computer that is connected to the router has no internet connection. When I open internet explorer or try to find a connection through the troubleshoot, it says it can't find one. Can anybody figure out why this would happen and how to fix it? I think I have the modem's drivers and stuff updated to the host computer and stuff.
Therefore, I have no wait getting to the ip address and/or setting up a secure network.

Please help me,
Thanks

A:Wireless connection works, but Host computer's connection doesn't

would explain how all connected - all PC should be connected to the router - so there should not be a HOST PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-works-but-host-computers-connection-doesnt.936364/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer that is not connected to the internet. I have checked the drivers and they are all installed correctly and operational. When I go into the adapter settings there is no Local Area Connection adapter. I have included some screen shots of what I am seeing if they help.

-Chris

A:Local Area Connection missing from network adapters, no connection

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

In that computer management window (while Device Manager is selected in the left pane), select View from the menu bar. Then uncheck View hidden devices. Do you see any Network adapters now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295663-local-area-connection-missing-network-adapters-no-connection.html
Relevancy 27.95%

The title explains it pretty much...

But I have a Belkin N router, in the room above I have a desktop with a Belkin N stick.

I also have a 100mbps connection

The Windows Network and sharing centre says I have a 150.00 Mbps connection, signal stregnth low, status connected.

Any reason why the signal is low?

My download speed is very slow all of the time.
Any advice appreciated thanks

A:Solved: Low internet connection - N router + N dongle + 100mbps connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-low-internet-connection-n-router-n-dongle-100mbps-connection.891691/
Relevancy 27.95%

hello
when i connect my hp probook 4520s to my sony vpcyb4ajg with Ethernet cable on my Hp wireless disconnects and can not be connected until i disconnect lan cable. but on my sony i have both wired and wireless connections simultaneously
hp:Windows 8 x64 realteck Ethernet and atheros wireless
sony: win 7 x86 atheros Ethernet atheros wireless

A:[SOLVED] wired connection prevents wireless connection

Moved to networking for further assistance please follow the instructions here Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-wired-connection-prevents-wireless-connection-694569.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Ok so I've looked around this forum and other forums for how to get back the Local area connection and i get stuck. In the Network Connections, I only have "1394 Net Adapter" and no Local Area Connection. What's going on. They say make sure in the device manager it is not disabled. But I only have the 1394 Net Adapter driver in the Network Adapters. Where is my local area connections driver ? Its not there !

I have a clear modem (CPEi 25150) and a D-Link wireless router (DIR-601) and they are connected and set up. It all worked fine before I reset my PC back to factory settings and wiped out everything, but now this happens and I can't get on the Internet. Help ?

A:Local Area Connection missing and no Internet Connection.

Hello,

Have you tried going to "Add hardware" in control panel?

Start -> Control Panel -> Add Hardware -> Click next, and it should detect the network adapter is connected to your computer but hasn't been installed and it should install it for you.

Post back here with results aswell

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-missing-and-no-internet-connection.1009995/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have my LAN setup:
ADSL modem ->Router->Compute*r A , Computer B (wireless)

My laptop connects fine... but all of a sudden it just stops connecting to the internet. However the connection has a strong signal and still says it is connected...but it just lags and doesnt connect. Then it'll come back for little while. Sometimes I'll repair the wireless connection and it works again but only for a few minutes.

But here's a spooky thing....all this doesn't happen when i unplug my AC! that's right I'll have it plugged in to the power outlet, and wifi comes and goes...as soon as i unplug it and it runs on battery...the internet works fine...yikes

A:Solved: wifi connection coming and going..but LAN connection is fine

I can't see your exact positioning, but it sounds like you need to move your "brick" so that it is not interfering with the wireless signal when plugged in. When I forget, and start getting the same thing, I move mine at least a foot away from the wireless adaptor and out of the path to the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-connection-coming-and-going-but-lan-connection-is-fine.419751/
Relevancy 27.95%

Running Windows XP Using Outlook to compose and receive email OK issue Internet software - recognizing connection - Other not Connection Outlook stopped recognizing the internet connection one Connection issue - Internet OK - Other software not recognizing connection day and we were having issues with malware so I figured that was the problem and have downloaded software to correct those issues The scans found a ton of junk most likely due to the fact that limewire was used on the computer at some point Connection issue - Internet OK - Other software not recognizing connection Now the issue we have is that we are able to connect to Connection issue - Internet OK - Other software not recognizing connection the internet through firefox and the connection is working fine The wireless connection that is set up through this desktop machine is working fine as well The other software on the computer is NOT recognizing the internet connection at all For instance iTunes provides an error message along with Outlook and others I have tried rebooting and also running the connection wizard which did nothing This computer was originally set up for a dial up but has worked fine for years on the cable modem I have contacted the ISP and they will offer no help besides telling me it is a software issue Can anyone tell me what else to try I am fairly new at this but would really like to correct this issue

A:Connection issue - Internet OK - Other software not recognizing connection

Because you have Firefox and I am NOT familiar with it or how it impacts IE6 to 8, my only suggestion is to open your Network Connections in Control Panel then right click the NIC and then click properties and make sure Client for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) appear.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connection-issue-internet-ok-other-software-not-recognizing-connection-525589.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey I ve been having this problem ever since coming back home from university My laptop doesnt seem to be able to stay internet not to connection connection but Losing laptop wireless on the internet very well I ll be randomly browsing downloading whatever and then suddenly it ll stop The wireless icon on the taskbar comes up with a amp quot amp quot and says no internet access The wireless connection is still full strength at this point but no internet What I don t understand is that the internet connection to the main computer which is wired works fine all the time the internet connection works on the other wireless laptops in the house and at uni I Losing internet connection to laptop but not wireless connection have no problems with the wireless internet I don t know where the problem can be Turning off the wireless card and turning it back on works for a few minutes or so restarting the computer works for a bit longer It usually works just long enough for me to get the false hope that it s fixed itself Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F BCHR H CN U VD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled I m not particularly tech savvy computers and myself dont seem to get on very well I ve absolutely no idea where to go from here Cheers for any help guys nbsp

Relevancy 27.95%

This one is gonna blow your mind I dropping, still connection Internet availability connection displaying ve had this windows vista home premium for almost an year now and I m probably going to remove it bevause I can t use internet properly with it Here are Internet connection dropping, still displaying connection availability the great details Regardless wether I use wireless or wired networks my Internet connection dropping, still displaying connection availability PC connects and displays that it has no problems with connecting to the internet However with the wired networks it would connect to Internet connection dropping, still displaying connection availability skype and web pages literally whenever it wants to -sometimes the connection would be perfect for hours sometimes it would be here for minutes and then be gone for Most of the times it would just not be there Peculiar fact is that if I had written down the link to a file I would have no problems downloading it with software similar to GetRight Download Accelerator Flashget etc The same with torrents Another peculiar fact is and this one not sure but my personal observations for an year are pretty accurate starting a download like that would kill the connection abilities of my browser and skype The annoying icon in the bottom right corner however would never stop telling me that I have no problems connecting to the internet Sometimes disabling and enabling the Local Area Connection would help for let s say minutes other times not so much The access to shared files on the networks was always full If you re curious that s the only reason I still haven t removed the Vista - if I needed Internet I could use those of my roommates and the file sharing basically solved all my other needs It s summer I went work and travelling in the US hurray now I m using wireless linksys However the wireless connection has it s own mind and will as well After I connected successfully the first time and used internet for about an hour it was gone Again I had no problems re-downloading setups of programs whose links i had memorised in GetRight but my browser and skype would not connect again I restarted the laptop and had minutes of connection when the Internet was down again Tried to and successfully re-downloaded a torrent file with a download speed of mb s Restarted again had internet for another two minutes It s been like that ever since I have no problems pinging yahoo with an average round trip of ms my netBIOS local name table has everything registered but the only way I can use Internet is to reboot every minutes If someone out there has any idea what is going on I d be more than grateful I ve decided to set up a date to throw patience away and install XP even if I have paid for Vista on the first of June Just to make sure the child in me doesn t die Thanks in advance to everyone who is even going to try to help P S Sorry for the unrelated information and the repeated use of the word quot again quot but this is really getting to me Thanks again to everyone that tries nbsp

A:Internet connection dropping, still displaying connection availability

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-dropping-still-displaying-connection-availability.713271/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,

I really had not this 'Bluetooth connection' before.
But, I really don't know that pairing my Nokia Bluetooth with my HP Laptop Bluetooth would add this Bluetooth connection or NOT.
I really guess this Bluetooth Connection was listed there when I connected my Lapotp Bluetooh with Nokia Bluetooth.
Thus, I will really not have any problems if I deleted it. But I am asking you what benefit of that Bluetooth Connection.
This is below was not here:

Finally Could please let me know how to use this Bluetooth Connection.(How to benefit from it)? I really use an ADSL Internet subscription, and not Dial-up connection. Also, I am connected wirelessly to a Modem-Router. Thus, what password and username should I type in the fields in the above screen shot?

A:'Bluetooth connection' is shown in my Network Connection suddnly.

Pairing a mobile phone will create such an entry and there's nothing to worry about. I don't think you can use it to go online since as you said you are using ADSL and if you want to go online via your modem with your phone just use the wifi connection

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352169-bluetooth-connection-shown-my-network-connection-suddnly.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey guys,

I am trying to setup a VPN connection to connect to my workplace using the "Create a new connection" wizard under "Network Connections", but even if I clearly select "Virtual Private Network connection" it ends up creating a dial-up connection. I have tried this multiple times and I am SURE that I have clicked on "Virtual Private Network connection" EVERY single time!

What's up?! This is very frustrating

A:Using wizard to setup VPN a connection...but a dial up connection is made?

Please read this article: windows-xp-network-connections

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/using-wizard-to-setup-vpn-a-connection-but-a-dial-up-connection-is-made-510121.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Dear all I generally have good WiFI connection but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet which provides me with WiFI in our working space No problems here I have been noticing that on my laptop when I sit in the living space my internet connection is dropping WITHOUT randomly dropping WiFi connection through connection Internet losing connection to the WiFi network This makes me reset my adapter but mostly without succes Sometimes it spontaneously regains internet connectivity This happens at random to Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection me My cell phone doesn't have the same problem Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection nor does my Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection GF's computer I notice that when i go back to the workspace where wifi is distributed through my TP-link more often then not I instantly regain connection Which makes me think this is a problem of IP adress that is different when switching from Wifi through router and Wifi through TP-link Here is the runout for my ipconfig all and Output for 'netsh wlan show all' Windows IP Configuration docx Regards Robin

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57254-internet-connection-randomly-dropping-through-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi I have connection can but 13 see WLAN XPS 5.0GHz 2.3GHz connection cannot Dell see a TP-Link WDR Wireless Dual Gigabite Router also known as the N nbsp I recently changed the settings on the router so that it was broadcasting networks Dell XPS 13 cannot see 2.3GHz WLAN connection but can see 5.0GHz connection one at GHz and one at GHz They have different SSIDs so that I can tell them apart Everything seemed to be Dell XPS 13 cannot see 2.3GHz WLAN connection but can see 5.0GHz connection fine and Dell XPS 13 cannot see 2.3GHz WLAN connection but can see 5.0GHz connection I could detect both networks on my laptop this was perhaps - days ago Today I was doing work in a part of the house which is furthest from the router Since I was connected to the GHz network I thought it s probably because the GHz band doesn t have as wide of a range so I tried to switch to the GHz network only it doesn t show up on the list of available networks The strange thing is my phone and ipad can see both networks just fine and my laptop could too originally Now it s just my laptop that can t seem to see it I tried googling about it but everyone else seems to have the opposite problem than mine ie their laptop can see the GHz network but not the one I ve tried moving my laptop closer to the router but it still doesn t see the GHz network disconnecting and then quot forgetting quot the GHz network rebooting the router and my laptop disabling and enabling the driver for the network adapter all no dice Since I ll probably have to do more work in the room that s farthest from the router I really need to be able to connect to the GHz network I want my laptop to be connected to both of them so I can use the GHz one when I m closer to the router Can anyone help me Potentially Relevant info - Windows - Network Adapter is listed in Device Manager as quot Broadcom ac quot

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994346
Relevancy 27.95%

I was just wondering what the 1394 Connection icon was next to my Local Area Connection 2 icon in the Network Connections folder on Windows XP. Could I somehow connect thru that? Also it is enable and says I am connected however there is 0 packets being sent and received? Should I disable this or does it matter?

A:What is the 1394 Connection icon next to my Local Area Connection 2?

You can disable it if you want. This is for your Firewire port on your PC/Laptop you can use this to interconnect between 2 firewire controllers that support this function. Its just another form of computer connecting like Ethernet, and wireless. and USB. and COM port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-1394-connection-icon-next-to-my-local-area-connection-2.434766/
Relevancy 27.95%

Using this site- http://www.speedtest.net/- my wired machines a extremely faster than my wireless ones. Are there settings that have to be configured?

thanks

Relevancy 27.95%

My Verizon wireless cellular air-card G hotspot modem router jet pack l constantly times out or only partially loads pages while browsing the internet Or I drops constantly connection Verizon connection Wireless get an error that the quot server not found quot This had happened ever since I got a new PC with Windows I have reset the modem reseated the SIM card checked for new soft ware and firmware none at this time I have updated my network adapter driver Checked for a hidden Microsoft mini adapter none there Checked Microsoft s support forums for compatibility issues Nothing has helped What else can I do Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G HR Antivirus Norton Updated and Verizon Wireless connection constantly drops connection Enabled Windows IP Configuration Host Name Peggy-XPS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW n WLAN PCIe Card Physical Address C -CB- - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f ee cea e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -E - - B- B-B -FD- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C CE C -F D- E C-BFA - E D A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Verizon Wireless connection constantly drops connection Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c bf e c b c be Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe bf e c b c be Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 27.95%

I am trying to set up a new Thinkpad laptop to work on Works, Connection Doesn't Wireless Connection Ethernet my HOME workgroup and Wireless Connection Works, Ethernet Connection Doesn't on a new OFFICE workgroup I have used the HOME workgroup for many years with many computers without a problem but this is the first time I have needed to set up two networks and a laptop that works on both I got a new Thinkpad and rented a new office at the same time - big mistake - I am trying to configure the laptop to belong to the OFFICE workgroup but have access to computers shared devices from the HOME workgroup when I am on the home network and of course share the Internet connection on both networks - Both networks have a Wireless Router with firewall - the one at HOME is a Linksys - the one at the OFFICE is a Netgear - Because of the firewall in the router I have turned off Windows Firewall although interestingly it seems to turn on by itself quite often on the Thinkpad - another issue i need to get to the bottom of - HOME network is cable cable modem OFFICE is a T- - I am trying to use IBM s quot Access Connections quot tool to create two network profiles so that I can easily switch from OFFICE to HOME The HOME wifi is unsecured while the office is WEP Both the wired ethernet and wireless connections work fine at the office but at home the wired connection cannot renew the IP address and so IBM Access Connections automatically fires up the wireless radio and is only able to connect that way The Local Connection at home shows in the system tray with a quot quot and a tooltip status of quot Limited or no connectivity quot When I click on the quot Local Area Connection quot myself via Network Places and click Repair it gets stuck in the same place - trying to renew the IP address - and I get this message Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address For assistance contact the person who manages your network and since the person who manages my network is me I m not much help So I am assuming it is something to do with DHCP but I can t figure out why it works one place and not the other I have tried recreating both networks via the quot Set up a Home Office Network quot wizard and have even switched the Thinkpad back and forth between workgroups to try to get a configuration that works - but to no avail Any advice would be greatly appreciated Geoff nbsp

A:Wireless Connection Works, Ethernet Connection Doesn't

Check the cable, that's the most likely suspect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-works-ethernet-connection-doesnt.427555/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello all I have a rather odd problem I personally have never encountered maybe some of you big brains can help me figure it out I have a Att Westell Dsl router broadcasting wireless at megs I connect to this router with different machines A laptop Acer and a desktop computer self built whose mobo is an Asus M N - SLI and is running win xp pro sp It is connected via ethernet through it s onboard gigabit ethernet port which uses Nforce drivers for it s adapter Yes sucks but it is fine for general use I am the only person using it and im in a rural area with no alternative My laptop connects and uses this wireless signal with no problems I am even able to play games like World Of Warcraft and other non-broadband intensive games on it My desktop which has the latest nforce ethernet drivers connected via ethernet is in most cases not usable connection??? my ethernet than connection faster Wireless Solved: at all It connects and I get the standard mbps connection notification yet it usually cannot even load a web page completely I open its status dialog and see that packet flow is very slow I have tried rolling back the driver this does not help I have deleted the driver altogether and rebooted the machine this does not help Other than this Solved: Wireless connection faster than my ethernet connection??? my desktop runs the way it should I built it and would consider myself an advanced computer user so I do not believe it is my machine I have looked for obtuse registry entries and services as culprits but I can find nothing out of place This is the first time I have encountered this any ideas nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless connection faster than my ethernet connection???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-faster-than-my-ethernet-connection.1101093/
Relevancy 27.95%

Ok out of nowhere I'm getting this problem. I go into network connections, then I try to disable my lan connection and enable my wireless and bamm...

"Error Disabling Connection- It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may have one or more protocals that do not support Plug-and-Play"

What the heck?

I've tried a scan on my antivirus software - failed
Ran adaware - failed
Disabled uPnP - failed

I can disable either in the device manager but anytime I tried to enable the wireless I get a "connection failed".

Any help?

A:"Error Disabling Connection- It is not possible to disable the connection... help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-disabling-connection-it-is-not-possible-to-disable-the-connection-help.493679/
Relevancy 27.95%

I'm using a setup where I have an ethernet connection on my host Windows set to share with a Hyper-V internal switch then my VM Windows Server connects to that It works for a while i e I can connect to the internet on my VM but then not only does it stop working it also kills my host's connection and I have to restart my machine It doesn't leave any errors connection my Hyper-V kills sharing connection host's in either machine's event log when it happens And to clarify when I say a while it's not really any specific amount of time Sometimes it happens as soon as I log on to Hyper-V connection sharing kills my host's connection the VM and sometimes I can connect to my VPN and work for as long as - minutes Can't seem to find any common cause for it happening To clarify further when I say kills the connection I should probably point out that the connection continues to display as quot connected to the internet quot in the network and sharing center It just doesn't work won't open any URLs Skype goes down etc

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/72355-hyper-v-connection-sharing-kills-my-hosts-connection.html
Relevancy 27.95%

I have used boot amp nuke to wipe clean an older XP desktop Then I used the XP installation disk to get going to the basic installation that enables the computer to function The plan is to get the network card working and then use updates and auto-detect to configure the remaining drivers I have done this with some success on a couple of other older XP machines previously I opened the case and worked out that the board is an Intel D PERL By going to the Intel website on another machine I have downloaded the network card drivers copied it to a USB stick and then transferred the drivers to the machine being re-built They all appear to have installed correctly - when I go to device manager it says that the quot Intel R PRO CT Network Connection quot is working properly When I go to Network Connections it says that the Local Area Connection is enabled But in the details pane it reports the following IP Address Subnet Mask Assigned by DHCP I have cross referenced the network configuration against another but address and IP Local enabled Area connection no no Connection XP machine and confirmed that the TCP IP properties are configured to obtain IP address automatically etc ipconfig all in the command prompt reports the following Windows IP Configuration Host Name stratus Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO CT Network Connection Physical Address - C-F - - B- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Clearly I cannot get any connection to the internet I do not believe I would need to do any configuration of the home network itself because Local Area Connection enabled but no IP address and no connection it is Local Area Connection enabled but no IP address and no connection configured to be as vanilla Local Area Connection enabled but no IP address and no connection as possible too And the other computers connect to it fine Is there a step I am missing Have I installed the drivers incorrectly Any assistance much appreciated nbsp

A:Local Area Connection enabled but no IP address and no connection

IP addresses of all zeros are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
DHCP Service not running.
Duplicate IP address on the network.
Bad NIC card drivers.
Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.

Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, restart (power cycle) the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.

Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.

Replace the Network Interface Card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-enabled-but-no-ip-address-and-no-connection.892626/
Relevancy 27.95%

(I cannot run the utility because I am unable to get online at all. Currently using my iPhone)

Recently switched to Comcast ISP and although my computer shows that my wifi is connected, I cannot get online . If I restart my laptop it may get me connected for a few minutes at the most then it will say "webpage not available"

Also when I connect to google chrome it is now giving me three windows, search conduit, search ask and default search .dont know why that is happening either .

Help! Not tech savy at all (clearly!)

Relevancy 27.95%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Previously my 2 computers (specs under profile) were networked successfully with a shared dial up connection showing up as the Internet Gateway on the second computer. After switching to Tiscali ADSL Tiscali shows up as the Internet Gateway and can be connected and disconnected successfully from the second computer, however, no connection can be made to the internet. The internet settings on the second computer under both Firefox and IE are set to Auto detect settings for network. (Note: AVG update doesn't work either from the second computer- does it take its connection settings from IE?) ICS is enabled in Network Connections.

Thanks in advance.

A:Internet Connection Sharing with ADSL connection & crossover LAN

Tiscali put its proverbial foot into it, by not letting connect 2 PCs. Read the smallprint, then get rid of Tiscali while you still can. They are the worst ISP under the sun!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-sharing-with-adsl-connection-crossover-lan.27966/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok so basicaly long story cut short Went out bought WoW been at war with Connection Area Connection & Internet Local it for days patching it and it wont work blah blah etc formatted my pc deleted the partition by mistake formated it again then the power went out Lol so Local Area Connection & Internet Connection for the rd formatingness everything is fine all is patch but wait wtf is this internet connection WTH it says im connection Local Area Connection & Internet Connection to the internet Local Area Connection & Internet Connection via another computer S when the only thing its pullged in to is my router and there is nothing els pluged in any help guys i think because there diffrent speeds it may slow my internet down or mess online gaming up etc help pl x attached my specs in txt doc for you also WoW is now saying im behind a firewall switch imn not iv considered it might be spyware or some shiz like that so im going to clean boot iv put all the bits and bobs in too one pic so u can see hope it makes sense gt lt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-internet-connection.813488/
Relevancy 27.09%

ok so i go to go on my computer downstairs but there is no internet connection for the web pages but there is an internet connection on the wireless symbol(the two computers with the globe in front of it) on the router, ps3 and my other laptop(which im using now). ive gone through all the recommended checks and through all the internet options and still has no connection. pls help

A:visible wireless connection but no web page connection

so computer downstairs is not connecting by wireless - but
The laptop and the PS3 are connected by wireless
Correct?

Post make and model of router / modem

check the firewall on the computer downstairs is not blocking access
Does it work if connected to the router by cable ?
Is the wireless secruity enabled - if so can you take that off and try
can you do the following and copy onto the machine thats working OK
also copy the program onto the PC -see all below

{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Ping Tests}

Ping google.com
then:
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all

Post back the results

rightclick in the box

select all

enter

then reply here and

control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53

post back results

rightclick in the box

select all

enter

then reply here and

control key + V to paste

--------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download and install

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php

Then run the program and post a screen shot of the program running

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

------------------

Relevancy 27.09%

I recently moved and switched to Comcast. Before, both wireless and wired connections worked fine. Now the wired connection works, but wireless connection does not. The Wireless Network Connection says connected but with no internet access.
Any ideas?

<Specs>
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8173 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 312043 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-78LMT-USB3
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

A:Wired Connection Works, Wireless Connection Does Not

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you don't have a satisfactory email address (e.g., from your ISP) you could try http://www.pcworld.com/article/231780/xirrus_wifi_inspector.html. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify your network if it is not obvious.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-connection-works-wireless-connection-does-not.1123802/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have tired to get rid of this bridge connection that is on my local area connection. I try to remove it with the bridge connection area and all it says is "To create a Network Bridge, you must select at least two LAN or High-Speed Internet connections that are not being used by Internet Connection Sharing." I have AT&T hig speed internet and tired talking to them and they said it was on my end, plus I spend two hours on the phone to someone who doesn't know much english and not alot about computers. So can someone please help me. The only way I can connect to the internet is through the my D-Link router which sucks. Someone please help me.

A:Bridge Connection on Local Area Connection...cannot get rid of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bridge-connection-on-local-area-connection-cannot-get-rid-of-it.761843/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok, my problem started about 2 months ago, i'd try connecting to a game that required internet, and my connection would almost always be lost. A month ago, i couldn't connect to most of my games but Warcraft3 and Counter-Strike 1.6. Just about a week ago, i start losing my connection to both games. 3 days ago, my biggest problem arrived, my computer wasn't able to pick up any wireless networks to connect to. So, I haven't had a connection since then.
If you need any other information to help me with this problem, ask,
Jaymes

A:Started losing wireless connection, then no connection at all.

we need to knwo if its lap/desktop, what model/make the wifi card is and what access point/router etc your using..

but some ideas in the meantime
1. get a friend;s laptop with wifi and see if it will connect to the router
2. install your wifi card in question on a different machine, security settings and all
3. if you cant still pick up anything with the pc goto teh nearest place that you knwo will have a wifi hotspot active (if its not a desktop )
4. cable to your router/access point directly and with teh help of another pc/laptop with wifi see if it picks any signal up.
5. observe any changes that happend to before and during your problem period ie: new furnature, weather conditions, tv, radio, electrical stuff etc... move the access point around a bit see if it helps out
6. using cable directly to your internet connection and verify all is ok...

those steps should tell you whats at fault, or at least give us a sign

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/started-losing-wireless-connection-then-no-connection-at-all.43538/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am at wits end.  My Win 7 based PC will not connect to the internet (yellow exclamation point over the tray icon) but shows connected to the network.  I have a Win 8 based laptop and am using it without issue.  Occasionally, I also get the blue screen of death - I assume from a driver that starts up and craps out.  Apparently, my rescue disk is bad, so I don't have that option.

The internet connection works fine in Safe mode.

Appreciate any help!

A:Network connection w/ no connection to internet + BSOD

Hi,
You don't mention what security software you are using or if there are any indications from that program that there is a problem.
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529458/network-connection-w-no-connection-to-internet-bsod/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a iMac and I have installed Windows7 using Bootcamp v4.0.

When I use the computer on MacOS X I am able to connect to the Wireless Connection named ([email protected]), also when I restart the computer the same connection shows on the boot-loader screen. But when I am on the Windows 7, I am unable to see the same connection in WIFI connection list. I was earlier able to connect it, but now it doesn't shows up in the list.

All other Wifi enabled devices viz. Android Phone, iPad are able to connect to the same connection & they are in the same room. So why I am unable to connect the iMac when on Windows 7.

How do I fix this?

A:Wireless Connection - WIFI connection not showing up

Hello,

Can you please provide us an ipconfig /all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289918-wireless-connection-wifi-connection-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello,

I own a Netgear Wireless Router WGR614 v6. My default access is through http://192.168.1.1 . Recently I have been having problems trying to connect through a wireless connection. I can receive a connection directly through the router. I have used this router on multiple computers. I am not sure if it will not connect because of this, but I am in need of some good guidance.

If I am missing information please let me know. I really would like some help on this. Thanks!

A:Solved: Internet Connection But No Wireless Connection

Is this really solved?
If not, ask a mod to move it to the networking section and supply Ipconfig and OS info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-but-no-wireless-connection.888755/
Relevancy 27.09%

I ve had this problem connection connection wireless interferes with Wired for Wired connection interferes with wireless connection a while now and until recently I was fine with having my wired adapter disabled But now I want to use this computer to use ICS This has been a problem for as long as I can remember using my computer in this house There s actually a few different things that happen but I feel certain that they are related I have my computer connected wirelessly to the houses main router which provides internet access I have plugged into my Wired connection interferes with wireless connection computer a connection to a switch in Wired connection interferes with wireless connection my room Regardless of whether or not something else is connected to the switch I often can t access the internet while it s plugged into the switch Sometimes I can but I m not sure what situation allows me to do so I just keep disabling the adapter or unplugging and replugging it or switching off the switch or some combination of the three until it lets me use the internet while being connected to the wired connection Even when it does work it tends to be quite slow and drop out for short irregular periods I have a PS connected to the switch which I want to be able to go onto the internet with using the wires keeping the wireless free to be used for AdHocParty I have configured the IP manually setting the default gateway to my computers IP address on the switches network and the DNS servers as my computers IP on the wireless network and the routers IP on the wireless network I don t know if it should but it works perfectly for a while I can use the internet fine with the wired connection but after about minutes yes every time it s about minutes I suddenly lose the connection If I do the quot network test quot it reconnects me and I have another minutes of the internet working fine This is true if I continually use the internet or if I only use it a little bit then leave it for a few minutes However if I leave it alone for long enough it reconnects to the internet Often when my PS gets disconnected I have a problem using the internet with my computer too pages take a long time to load if they load at all etc I have told the computer that it isn t allowed to turn off the network adapters to save power Strangely if I have a constant stream like a voice chat going even if my internet doesn t work for anything else I try to use it for it will continue to work for the voice chat And my computer maintains that I have internet access it s just that pages won t load If I go to the adapter settings page go to Advanced - gt Advanced Settings I have my wireless connection on top of the list then my ethernet Many times I have my web browser trying to load a page while this is happening then in a smaller window I disable my ethernet adapter and the web page in the background instantly begins to load properly without me having to refresh or anything like that I have Hamachi and ForceBindIP installed I don t use them for any of this but they are the only programs that I can think of that might be interfering Although I m pretty sure I had this problem before I installed either of them Specs OS Windows Ultimate CPU Intel i GHz GPU Nvidia GB GTX Palit Sonic overclocked edition Motherboard Asus P P LX - On-Board ethernet adapter - External USB wireless adapter nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-connection-interferes-with-wireless-connection.1015247/
Relevancy 27.09%

I run the wireless and network setup wizards on Windows XP. Before I started this, I did not
see that the 1394 connection was connected. Now it is. Network also shows "Local Area Connection" VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter, connected. Which one should I be using with my wireless router? Should I disable 1394? Will 1394 cause a conflict with internet connection?

A:Local Area Connection or 1394 connection?

The IEEE-1394 connection always indicates it's connected. just an oddity of Windows. Ignore that adapter, since it has nothing to do with your Ethernet connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-or-1394-connection.652114/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi..Im trying to switch back to the regular internet connection (ie plugged into my computer) from wireless..but I cant seem to get it...when I try to renew the IP it says the DNS server cant be found and the IP address is 0.0.0.0...anyway to resolve this ?? any help is appreciated

A:How do you go back to a regular connection from wireless connection ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-go-back-to-a-regular-connection-from-wireless-connection.415146/
Relevancy 27.09%

This crops up now and then in my clients machine repairs. Usually a complete reformat and reinstall sorts it. This time no joy. Windows XP on client's Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop.
Procedure was files and settings transfer before reformat. After reinstallation of Win XP restored files and settings. LAN connection to internet ok. Wireless connection to router ok. No Internet via wireless connection. Help!
Thanks in anticipation
Les

A:No internet connection yet wireless connection ok to router

If the net is seen by the wireless then its usually the Password and/or WEP/WAP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-internet-connection-yet-wireless-connection-ok-to-router-373294.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi. I am at a hotel in China and trying to connect my computer directly to a broadband modem. Gateway MX 6931 windows XP media edition (completely updated). I figured out how to set up a new broadband connection and everything works fine...however the computer is recognizing two connections on one line. One Local area connection (under LAN in network connections) is "limited or no network connectivity" and says marvel yukon 88e8038 PCI fast ethernet controller. Under broadband connections, is the connection I just set up which is working fine. However this LAN connection is screwing up the internet performance and is sending and receiving small amounts of data...and hence is limited. How to disable it, delete it or whatever? If I disable it, it disconnects the broadband connection. This is driving me crazy.

have tried restarting, registry cleaner, etc. to no avail.

Thanks for your help

A:XP is recognizing a broadband and lan connection at the same time on one connection

sorry says "limited or no connectivity" no "network"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-is-recognizing-a-broadband-and-lan-connection-at-the-same-time-on-one-connection.924503/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello I have a Toshiba satellite laptop running windows Vista Home Premium SP When I returned from a business trip today I can no longer connect to internet on my home network wireless Two other family computers connect just fine I tried to connect to a public network in the airport with no success so I tethered my droid phone and internet connection worked just fine Also when I connect my laptop directly to the router with a cable it also works fine So I thought I might have a virus malware so I ran both Norton AV scan and Antimalware bites scan and both found no issues Next I did system restore to a few days ago to when it was working fine on my trip but still no luck When I but Good no connection internet connection network look at Network and Sharing Center in control panel it shows good strong connection to my home network then it has a red X between the network picture and the Internet globe Also this laptop has an internal wireless g adapter and I have an external wireless n adapter that I plug in at home Same issue Good network connection but no internet connection trying either adapter I also tried connecting in safe mode with no luck as well Thanks in advance

A:Good network connection but no internet connection

Problem solved now. Turns out I needed to update my adapter driver software - Atheros 5007EG. Not sure why my usb adapter was also not working previously but it is now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418244/good-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection/
Relevancy 27.09%

First off just wanted to say I'm new to this forum although I've known about this site for quite some time and at work I frequent these topics to look for hints and advice for fixing computers for our clients at work I also want to say thank you in advance to anyone everyone that takes the time to read my post here Ok so I've been in the PC Tech repair field for quite awhile but I seemed to have fallen victim to some malware myself and I'm absolutely stumped about how to fix my current issue Was downloading some stuff and I'm assuming one of the sites I was but PC Browsers showing Has Network connection no in Connection, using downloading something in the background I ran about a half dozen or so malware removal tools including HitmanPro trial version SuperAntispyware Emergencykit Totaldefense aka PC Has Network Connection, but no connection showing in Browsers CA antivirus RogueKiller RKill Malwarebytes All of these picked up infections and have been removed thus stabilizing my system Things like media player were crashing as well as other programs PC Has Network Connection, but no connection showing in Browsers initially but now everything appears to be working normally for the most part Most of my anti-malware programs were able to connect to the internet and download definition updates but some of them couldn't Also programs like skype and steam are still able to connect to the internet as well I can play my games and such although steam can't display any of its ads for game promotions and such I can also see the other computers on my network and ping websites from the command prompt As I'm posting this I'm using a Virtual Box that I've setup with the same copy of windows that I have loaded on the infected machine The Virtual box which is its own self contained installation is able to function normally separate from the main operating system and that's what I'm using to make this post from the infected machine I checked all the obvious stuff no proxies are set I even ran Tweaking and Combofix to be sure all windows settings are set to their default settings although Combofix found and cleaned an infected file Userinit exe I even ran the command netsh winsock reset in command prompt as administrator rebooted the pc and this still hasn't resolved the problem I don't have any recent restore points to go back to prior to the infection all of my current restore points were created when running the aforementioned battery of malware removal programs I'm trying to do everything to avoid a complete wipe and reinstall but at this point I feel I've exhausted every other option which is why I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has any suggestions Its not that I can't do a wipe and reload its just that there's a lot of software to be reloaded as a result and it will take time to cataloge everything Thanks again for taking the time to read this

A:PC Has Network Connection, but no connection showing in Browsers

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518988/pc-has-network-connection-but-no-connection-showing-in-browsers/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok here we go I read the previous post of someone else having trouble with a Dlink router and hope I can resolve this without having to purchase a new after slowing Dlink router connection Connection router as this one is only - months old and I can t afford a new one right now I am running XP home with Qwest DSL service everything is cat cable connections Modem alone connection via PPPOA for Dynamic IP DNS is set to qwest IP s DHCP server off and Windows TCP IP Settings static everything well and good QUESTION When I connect my dlink DI router my settings are Modem RFCBridged DMZ to Router for all port forwarding DHCP off Windows TCP IP Settings static Router settingsPPOE has no selection for PPPOA DNS is set to qwest IP s DHCP Connection slowing after Dlink router connection off Windows TCP IP Settings static Both Connections work and DSLreports download upload test comes out the same both connection methods the problem is web page loading is slow with the router connected not quite dial-up slow but close The test speed being the same leads me to Connection slowing after Dlink router connection think I have something setup wrong with DNS settings Anybody have any ideas why this is happening or settings to try to speed it back up I have tried router DNS set to modem IP DHCP on off and anything else I can think of but still no change Please Help I can t just unplug it or my wife will have no Internet on her PC nbsp

A:Connection slowing after Dlink router connection

I'm somewhere between rather and totally confused by this, but will stick in my two cents worth anyhow.

With "Windows TCP/IP Settings static" I suspect that your best browsing results will be with DNS (on the computer) set to "qwest IP's." Maybe this is what you have already.

Your modem settings make me think that it's a modem/router combo. True? If so, when you use the modem without the Dlink, are you also using it "RFCBridged," or is that another difference between your two configurations?

And, finally, if it does turn out to be a defective Dlink router, are you not still within the warranty period?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-slowing-after-dlink-router-connection.417769/
Relevancy 27.09%

We have an elitebook 840 G3 with a integrated LT4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE modem module.  We are requiring it connect to a corprate network , and as part of this configuration it require static DNS servers to be set.  When we set static DNS servers in HP connection manager we get the error "cannot complete connection at this time, try again later" If we let it as dynamic dns settings the modem connects to the interent, but does not allow connection to the corporate server. We have had this configfuration on serveral other laptops in the organisation but using the LT4112 Gobi LTE Modem Module. Any assitance would be appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Connection-Manager-cannot-complete-connection-error/td-p/5686137
Relevancy 27.09%

What the hell is going on?

I have an Lenovo P500. Running 8.1. Intel N2230 wifi card

It does have a connection, every now and then it may drop but not really.

On the icon in the bottom right corner if I just hover the mouse over the wifi icon it is normal, name of connection and internet access. If I click the icon the purple box pops up on the right and it says The connection is limited.

I have tried rollback, installing an updated driver from Lenovo support, Disable bluetooth and a couple other.

Wifi works on every computer. Just this 8.1 it does not.

Whenever I restart the computer it forgets the password, I have to re enter the password every time even though I have connect automatically checked.

A:Windows 8.1 .. Wifi connection = The connection is limited

Are you trying to connect to a Public Wifi hotspot, or your own personal network?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67806-windows-8-1-wifi-connection-connection-limited.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I cannot connect to any wireless connection secured or not It worked before but i don t a connection connection can cannot establish wireless detect but know what went wrong that I cannot connect now I have a dell inspiron running on windows vista I have a little knowledge in troubleshooting a wireless connection but I really can can detect wireless connection but cannot establish a connection t connect My wireless utility card can detect a wireless connection but cannot establish an association can detect wireless connection but cannot establish a connection What s wrong with it And by the way i have a windows mobile and it can connect to my router wirelessly with no problem So i guess the problem is in my laptop Lastly i don t have any problem with wired connection Here are the things that I have done already but with no avail tried connecting to other wireless connection tried updating the wirless card driver tried disabling enabling the wireless adapter tried changing from wep to wpa and to unsecured tried powercylce - modem-router and my laptop tried system restore on the first day i was not able to connect wirelessly My observation or error i found in the event viewer log for wlan-tray unable to gain access to user store unable to set country code setting country code zz for unknown region HOPE you can help me with this godbless too all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-detect-wireless-connection-but-cannot-establish-a-connection.883184/
Relevancy 27.09%

Today, my internet is really slow and I diagnose my connection using IE and it said "Windows did not detect any problems with your internet connection over HTP or HTTPS, but was not able to make a successful connection over FTP".

What could have cause this?

I already tried turning off my firewall but still the same.

I'm using Nortorn Antivirus and built in firewall

Windows XP Service Pack 3

and "Use passive FTP" (whatever that means) box is checked.

I don't know what my FTP client is.

Firefox and IE latest version

I use cable connection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-internet-connection-is-not-able-to-make-successful-connection-over-ftp-403954.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I just got a new laptop and usually connected through a wireless connection. I have recently started using remote desktop connection. I have connected twice successfully. Both times it was when I was connected through a Cad-5. Once at a friends house and another at my families place. I have never connected while the laptop has been wireless. Do I need to do something different to connect remotely when I am using the laptop wirelesslly?

A:Remote Desktop Connection With Wireless Connection

Nope.
Cat-5 or Wireless is still a LAN, and the RDP(RDC) does not see it as any different, it may just be a little slower.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-desktop-connection-with-wireless-connection.423963/
Relevancy 27.09%

I recently followed a tutorial for the the hosting connection recognizing computer VPN connection not setting up a VPN connection not recognizing the computer hosting the connection VPN connection on Windows I set it up so only a specific username and password could access it and I port forwarded it and allowed the port through Windows Firewall On a different network I added the VPN connection signed in and it connected flawlessly On my desktop which is hosting the VPN server the account I created shows up as being connected I tested the connection by accessing on the remote computer successfully accessing the control panel for my Netgear router which is only accessible on the same network as the router However when I view the status of the connection on the host computer it says quot IPv Not Connected quot and I cannot access shared folders on the remote computer I tried mapping one of my shared folders to the remote computer only to recieve the message that quot Windows cannot access DESKTOP-LJ M J quot This is providing me with a huge headache as accessing my shared folders and files is my whole purpose for setting up the VPN server If someone could assist me in this matter I would greatly appreciate it

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63812-vpn-connection-not-recognizing-computer-hosting-connection.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Basic home network setup PCs in our home working fine with no issues connecting through a standard Dlink port router Cable modem All wired no wireless Both running Win XP SP Neighbor asked me to clean his PC up which I do as a side business but have never had this much trouble Hooked up his PC just like I hook anyone else's up Good Connection But No Internet Connection Network Had a good connection so I downloaded all Good Network Connection But No Internet Connection the programs I use to clean up a PC Spyware Teminator Malwarebytes Antimalware SuperAntiSpyware CCleaner etc Found it massively infected with rogue programs ie Spyware Quake and others trojans etc Cleaned everything up completely but windows was still acting glitchy Next I've gone thru so many steps on this that I don't remember what sent me in this direction one of Microsoft's support posts said I should go to Windows update and update to the latest SP He's running XP Media Center edition SP Microsoft indicated I should install SP so I did only it errored out in the Good Network Connection But No Internet Connection middle of Good Network Connection But No Internet Connection it After rebooting Windows would boot to the welcome screen I'd click the login account the desktop would blink on then it would log off back to the Welcome screen same thing in safe mode After investigating that for an hour I found the answer was to copy my userinit exe over from my own PC Worked like a charm SP did not install properly and Windows went through its steps to revert back to SP but now there is no internet connection IE says it cannot display the webpage The network connection is fine I can ping the router and both computers on the LAN I can ping his computer from the other as well I found somewhere that indicated I could ping to indicate if his TCP IP protocols may be corrupt but that test passed I've done the following Ran WinSockFix and lspfix programs Under the CMD prompt ran quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot and netsh int ip reset reset log Verified tcp ip protocols are set to automatically detect Deleted an old dial up connection still in the Internet options connections list Ran SmitFraudFix and VundoFix in safe mode saw a post somewhere that indicated it fixed their same issue Installed Firefox to prove to myself it wasnt' just IE Same problem with Firefox Verified there is no other firewall other than Windows and disabled that plus verified both IE and Firefox were listed in the exceptions Tried connecting in safe mode 'cause I ran out of ideas No good I've tried a few other things I just can't remember them all One odd thing odd to me anyway is what comes up after an IPCONFIG IP Address Subnet IP Address Default Gateway What's with the extra IP Address listed with a question mark I've never seen that before Any help will be appreciated because I can't get my brain wrapped around this one

A:Good Network Connection But No Internet Connection

PROBLEM SOLVED.
Found Windows SP3 listed in the installed programs list. Uninstalled it and it resolved the issue. Windows must not have backed itself all the way out from the bad installation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163493/good-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection/
Relevancy 27.09%

So last night my wired connection was working I did not install any new software or download anything Tried getting on the internet today and nothing My computer has an IP Address but I can't get onto the internet at all I does connection wired works, not. Wireless connection can't ping Wireless connection works, wired connection does not. google I can ping my IP address assigned can't ping my default gateway I have tried a different ethernet cable and I have changed the switch the computer is connected too I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the ethernet drivers I have already performed an ipconfig release amp ipconfig renew I also tried ipconfig flushdns I have performed a netsh winsock reset netsh int ipv reset reset log netsh int ipv reset reset log netsh int ip reset After performing all of the above I am stuck with the exact same situation Here is my ipconfig all Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name ADAML-LAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List rh rit edu Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix rh rit edu Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - E- - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e b d facb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday January PM Lease Expires Friday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C -D - A- - - E- - - D DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix wireless rit edu Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - E- - - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix rh rit edu Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address fe fe Preferred IPv Address Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap rh rit edu Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix rh rit edu Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap wireless rit edu Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes My university does not have my computer account or computer blocked Additionally the link light on the computer is on and blinking Any help is appreciated

A:Wireless connection works, wired connection does not.

Fixed it...unplugged the switches, let the power stay off for about a minute. Plugged the power cord back in and it worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209454-wireless-connection-works-wired-connection-does-not.html
Relevancy 27.09%

hello
when i connect my hp probook 4520s to my sony vpcyb4ajg with Ethernet cable on my Hp wireless disconnects and can not be connected until i disconnect lan cable. but on my sony i have both wired and wireless connections simultaneously
hp:win8 x64 realteck Ethernet and atheros wireless
sony: win 7 x86 atheros Ethernet atheros wireless

A:wired connection prevents wireless connection

There is a setting to disable in the group policy editor, minimize the number of connections, under Administrative Templates, Network, Network Connections.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24623-wired-connection-prevents-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 27.09%

My hp laptop will no longer connect to the internet thru both a wifi connection or cable connection. I've also tried to do a system restore to an earlier date and it will not let mme do this either. HELP!!!

Relevancy 27.09%

I have a Netgear DG834 wireless router which gives me wireless connection to the internet but I cannot connect by any of the ethernet ports. I get an icon saying I'm connected but no packet data is transferring. If I try to "repair" the network I get an error message saying Windows could not complete the repair as TCP/IP is not enabled ...it is enabled when I click into the properties tab.

I don't know what other information would be useful to include. I'm running Windows XP pro with SP3 and as I say the wireless connection runs just fine (well 99% of the time).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 27.09%

Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Home within the last 3-4 months and I have been experiencing several issues. The one of concern is connecting to certain wifi networks. I am able to connect to my hotspot on my phone and certain wireless routers but I am unable to connect my home 5g router, well the 2g connection.I have tried using the following links to solve the problem:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connect...and https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/WiFi-problem-No-internet-DNS-Not-working...  (namely the "ipconfig /flushdns" cmd, which did get the connection to come with 'connected, secured', however I was still unable to use the browser.) I have removed any vpn that I have been using and have updated by network driver via the device manager > network adapter > Intel(R) Wireless - N7260 > update driver software route have made no progress. Can anyone offer any assistance?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connection-slow-performance/td-p/3385767
Relevancy 27.09%

I have strange network problem these days I have a desktop normal. connection but No connection input output is PC and installed Windows And I have a LAN The gateway IP address is The network works fine when I start the PC I can access Internet with IE I can access No output connection but input connection is normal. the No output connection but input connection is normal. config pages of my gateway and I can SSH my local File server It's a synology ds j I assigned static IP address to it and name it as quot home ds quot I add dns entry in file quot hosts quot But there will be very strange problems if the PC keeps running about days It seems I can't connect to other computers from my PC No IE no SSH no ftp But ping still work These is no network device listed in my network folder But I still can access the mapped network drives For example I can ping www google com I can ping and and quot home ds quot K gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms But when I try to telnet and ssh all failed I tryied telnet www google com telnet telnet all failed I tied putty msn outlook all failed But my wife's PC works normally at the same time In the network folder there should be a list of all my network devices including my wife's PC and my File server But it's empty if this problem happens However I can add them mannually and I can access the network drives And I can connect to my PC from my wife's PC with remote desktop If I logout and login again the network will recover except new problem That is I can't access the network drives of my File Server with computer name quot home ds quot but IP address works And I can ping it with computer name K gt ping home ds Pinging home ds with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms A restart will solve both the above problems But I don't want to restart my PC so frequently I tried to solve this problem by update windows and drivers but failed

A:No output connection but input connection is normal.

Update router firmware and see how it goes. Uninstall any 3rd party security. Make sure you actually updated network driver to latest. Uninstall any networking software like VPN, (especially) Hamachi to test.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41315-no-output-connection-but-input-connection-normal.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

When i turn ON my laptop wifi connection i am not able to see my mobile's hotspot wifi connection. I was able to see the connection few days before but i made no change in my laptop and then also i am not able to see the connection.

Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

A:Wi-Fi connection not showing my Mobile's hotspot connection

Sometimes rebooting the laptop and the mobile hotspot will resolve the problem.

Do you have any other devices that can see your mobile hotspot?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wi-fi-connection-not-showing-my-mobiles-hotspot-connection-815106.html
Relevancy 27.09%

After connecting to the internet on my laptop, the internet connection will work great for 10 minutes or less than it slows down drastically or essentially not working at all. If I disconnect and reconnect it will work again but just for a short amount of time. The wireless connection works great on iPod, IPhone, and tablet.
Downloaded Kaspersky Antivirus which said it fixed some viruses but internet got worse after that. Tried restoring the computer to factory settings and the internet stays connected for what seem a few minutes longer. Please help.

A:Wireless connection stops after a few minutes of connection

Tried restoring the computer to factory settings and the internet stays connected for what seem a few minutes longer. Click to expand...

was that a complete factory re-installation or just a restore to an earlier date

make and model of the pc - you should install the latest driver again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-stops-after-a-few-minutes-of-connection.1086124/
Relevancy 27.09%

hi there people,
I found a piece of infomation on the net some were about how you can see the speed you are conected at i.e 6.1 mb a second,
but when i press on my local area connection tab it only shows the status, duration, sent ,
and recived,
hopefully someone will know what iam mean,
thanks in advance.

A:cant see the connection speed on local area connection tab

here is a free speed tester.

http://us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer/default.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-see-the-connection-speed-on-local-area-connection-tab.631226/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok, im having an issue with my WRT54G (v2.2). I've been using it for a few months, and within the past few days the connection has been going on and off, but today it finally gave out a "limited or no connectivity" to all my computers with wireless access. I've updated the firmware and the wired connections are fine. Both wireless computers recognize the connection, but when I try to connect to the router by typing in its IP, it doesnt recognize it. My setup doesn't use WEP or WPA. I've reset the router atleast twenty times, but to no avail. Also the light on the router for WLAN is on. I've also used a different router and it looks like the same problem.
Thanks in advance, and happy holidays,
- Gordian

A:Wireless Connection limited or no connection

By "reset" the router do you mean a restart (same as power cycle) or do you mean reset to factory settings? If the former, suggest you try the latter once.

With a wireless computer sufficiently near the router that we can rule out distance problems and interference by something in the path between them, what do you see when you "scan" or "view" wireless networks (yours? others? what channel is each? no duplicates to your SSID?)?

What happens when you tell your wireless utility to connect to your network?

Then open a command window and type
ipconfig /all
and copy the results here.

Happy Holidays to you too.
Terry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-limited-or-no-connection.427779/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello again tech guys,

I am running a Dell Inpiron E1505, with an Intel(r) PROSet/Wireless built in card. I have connected with tons of networks before. I am currently out of town for a little while and am trying to connect to a network that is public (not password protected). I can easily connect to the network with excellent signal. I then go to Internet Explorer to start browsing and am unable to connect to any site. Whats my problem???

Relevancy 26.23%

hp compaq nc4010 with windows xp pro has excellent wireless connection but click internet explorer and page comes up but wont connect

A:wireless connection no internet connection

You can have a connection to the router but not to the internet. Have you tried reseting your modem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/wireless-connection-no-internet-connection-434723.html
Relevancy 26.23%

I'm using a Dell Precision 490 and recently had the entire computer wiped due to viruses, had the OS reinstalled and am in the process of setting it up again. I have connected to the LAN at my office but can't get the computer to connect to the internet and all the built in troubleshooters and diagnostic tests can't find anything wrong with the connection. I have manually entered the IP and Gateway addresses and the DNS addresses for our network but still can't connect. Any ideas?

A:LAN connection present but no internet connection

After the OS was installed did anyone install the chipset, LAN, sound, graphics, etc. drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-connection-present-but-no-internet-connection.159685/
Relevancy 26.23%

I received a great JVC DVD and Connection get DVD Cannot Onscreen Problem: Connection VHS player recorder for Christmas and have spent hours trying to get it to connect with Direct TV The first day I programmed it to the TV remote following onscreen directions I had to put DVD Connection Problem: Cannot get Onscreen Connection in a code eventually the AV connected to the DVD I cannot do the setup because I cannot get the menu on the TV screen with either remote I put the TV on channel and the picture is the channel tuned on the tv I cannot get it off to see a setup menu I tried a DVD in the machine and it ran but no picture or sound I have read all the instructions and pushed every button but cannot solve this problem I can t delete the remote connection to the AV and try to program it again in case that s the problem maybe wrong code My husband did the hardware connection and says he followed the instructions closely Anyone have any ideas to solve this My next step is to hire a geek to make a house call--if I can find one in this field Thanks for any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 26.23%

Question: I am using DSL connection from Airtel, from/through this i can connect only single VPN connection to our server located in remote place(other site), if i try to do addition client connection for the same is not possible.

And even i can do another connection(client) to our server(remote), but for this i need to add another DSL connection.

Over results like single VPN connection can do by using the DSL connection.

Can any body know or works onthis.

Please help out.

shivakumar

A:Multiple VPN connection by single DSL connection ?

For multiple VPN tunnels, I suspect you need a better router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-vpn-connection-by-single-dsl-connection.855312/
Relevancy 26.23%

My sister computer is connected through a LAN server and for some reason her computer says that it has excellent connection, but she cant do any of the internet activity.. any ideas?

A:Solved: excellent connection but no connection?

Is she trying to connect wirelessly? If so, is the router set up with 128bit wep encryption? She will need to enter the wep key if that is the case to be able to do anything but see the available network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excellent-connection-but-no-connection.408985/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi All,

I have a Dell 1750 laptop running a wireless connection and also have a desktop running the same in my computer room. I have Hight Speed Internet service. I'm using IE9 and started having problems with losing my browser (web page) but still maintaining my network connection (both wireless and direct connection). This is an intermitent problem with the web pages unalbe to connect to different pages but later I was able to connect to those pages. However, I never lose my network and wireless connection.

It's very frustrating having to wait several minutes to reconnect/reach those web pages. I've optimized and cleaned temp and other junk files up but still have the same issue.

I also tried using Google Chrome but will have the same issue.

Any help or recommendations will be appreciated.

Shadow4845

A:Lose IE9 Connection - still have Network connection

Hello Shadow4845 and welcome to Seven Forums.

My usual disclaimer: I'm not an expert at anything! It sounds like this might be a hardware acceleration issue. Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced tab. Look under Accelerated Graphics > "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering". If the box is unchecked, try checking it. (Or if it's checked, try unchecking it.) You'll have to restart your computer for the change to take effect.

Please post back and let us know if this helps or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/195754-lose-ie9-connection-still-have-network-connection.html